PDA

View Full Version : HAL 12/13 Rd 6 - Western Sydney vs Newcastle Jets 10/11/12 k/off 530pm AEDST

furns
06-11-2012, 02:08 AM
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z83/furns/wsw-1.jpg VS http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z83/furns/JetsLogo.gif

2012/2013 Hyundai A-League
Season 8 Round 6
Western Sydney Wanderers FC vs Newcastle United Jets FC

When: Saturday 10th November, 2012
Where: Parramatta Stadium, O’Connell St, Parramatta, NSW
Kickoff: 530pm AEDST (gates open 4pm)
Tickets: http://www.ticketek.com.au
Pre-match: from 2pm The Commercial Hotel, 2 Hassall St, Parramatta http://www.thecommercialhotel.net.au/
Coach Tickets available: http://pscoaches.com.au/whats-on.php#jets $30 per adult, $25 per u/16, $100 per family of 4
Watch: LIVE on Foxsports 1 and FoxSports 1HD
Listen: ABC Sydney 702 or ABC Grandstand Digital online
Tweet: @newyboys #wswvsjetsKanta is out, BK is out

I would be playing thusly

-----------------Birraz------------------
Neville----Tiago-------Mitchell-----Ritter
-----Zad--------Jobe------Peppz-------
-----RyGriff------Heskey-----Goodwin----

Subz: Nash(GK)
Brown
Regan
Virgili

pv4
06-11-2012, 05:39 AM
----------------birraz---------------
neville----tiago---mitchell---ritter
--------------zadkid---------------
ryu--------brown-----------goodwin
-------------heskey----------------

should only need 1 holder against a pretty awful in attack wsw side. zads needs to mark ono all game, and people need to jump on mooy's 4th touch, and we're set.

wouldn't even be surprised if gve goes to back 3 again tbh. get his attack awn

BodyNovo
06-11-2012, 08:16 AM
--------------zadkid---------------
ryu--------brown-----------goodwin

should only need 1 holder against a pretty awful in attack wsw side. zads needs to mark ono all game, and people need to jump on mooy's 4th touch, and we're set.

wouldn't even be surprised if gve goes to back 3 again tbh. get his attack awn

your confident pv4 with only 10 men on the pitch

stick with 4-3-3

-----------------Birraz------------------------

Neville---Tiago------Mitchell-----------ritter

-----------Jobe------Zad---------------------

----------------Brown------------------------

Griff-------------------------------Goodwin

----------------Heskey----------------------

-gash
-regan
-pepper
-bridges

Jeterpool
06-11-2012, 08:22 AM
your confident pv4 with only 10 men on the pitch

stick with 4-3-3

-----------Jobe------Zad---------------------

----------------Brown------------------------

Griff-------------------------------Goodwin

-gash
-regan
-pepper
-bridges

I caught that too :) You're a generous bloke Pv4!

Same people as Body, just slightly rearranged

-----------Jobe------Pepper-----------------

Zads------------Griff------------------Goody

-gash
-regan
-Brown
-bridges

pv4
06-11-2012, 08:52 AM
solid pickup lads

--------------jobe------------------
zadkid---------------------goodwin
--------------brown----------------
----------ryu----heskey------------

snake
06-11-2012, 09:26 AM
jobe vs. ono + mooy may not end well for us. we'll need two picking up, imo

Superdylan
06-11-2012, 10:09 AM
Jets 3-1 (heskey 2x, zad) bridge for them.

Looking forward to the game, first trek to parramatta stadium in 6 years.

lquiquer
06-11-2012, 10:12 AM
Birraz
Neville-Mitchell-Tiago-Ritter
Jobe - Pepper
Ribeiro
Ryu-Heskey-Goodwin

Sub: Nash-Zad-Brown-Virgili

lquiquer
06-11-2012, 10:13 AM
Never been to parramatta stadium before.....can't wait

russjaybee
06-11-2012, 10:21 AM
Interesting that you choose to drop Jobe pv4, thought he's been excellent for us the last few weeks.

Also interesting that none of you want to start Virgili, with some not even listing him in the team? I thought he's been excellent for us, very very lively. Was good in perth also, setting the big man up for what should have been a goal probably.

I'm torn between starting Brown (who obvs needs game time to get fit) and starting the best team right now.

--------zadkid---jobey------------
virgili--------ryu-----------goodwin

(pretty much what we played against syd when we were arguably playing our best football imo, also i think ryu played at his best when played in behind)

- Brown (for chilli @ 60)
- Pepa
- Ribeiro (for ryu @ 60)
- Gash

pudy
06-11-2012, 10:25 AM
Very confident we'll win this one. I'm going to say WSW 0 Jets 2, with Jobe and Heskey on the scoresheet.

pv4
06-11-2012, 10:26 AM
i didn't mean to, had a tiago-brain-fart with the on-field numbers. he was in my second lineup. i think he's been great also.

apart from the potential setup, chilli had one of the worst games an a-league player has had v perth imo. i don't remember him keeping possession more than 5 times

russjaybee
06-11-2012, 10:27 AM
I think we'll play well and should win this comfortably, maybe a 3-1 like stated earlier.

Heskey bound to score tbh.

I'm assuming GvE will instruct zad + jobe to shut down the connection with mooy and ono, also target the weak ankles just for funsies.

Chadandkira12
06-11-2012, 10:44 AM
Looking forward to this game what's parking like at parra stadium as I'm driving down

plague
06-11-2012, 11:25 AM
I reackon our record in games where we 'should' win is turruble.

furns
06-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Looking forward to this game what's parking like at parra stadium as I'm driving downPretty shit unless you get there early

seldom
06-11-2012, 12:23 PM

-----------Jobe------Pepper-----------------

Zads------------Griff------------------Goody

-gash
-regan
-Brown
-bridges

like this...gotta get Rubes wide imo

Grimario
06-11-2012, 12:38 PM
like this...gotta get Rubes wide imo

RubeZ runs into dead ends when he plays wide. Can't beat a man often and crosses worse than Virgili from worse positions. And as soon as you move him wide, you lose his persistent player pestering in midfield and that is his best attribute. That line up but with Chili on right, Zads in for Pepper, Pepper to bench for Bridges.

Jeterpool
06-11-2012, 12:49 PM
RubeZ runs into dead ends when he plays wide. Can't beat a man often and crosses worse than Virgili from worse positions. And as soon as you move him wide, you lose his persistent player pestering in midfield and that is his best attribute. That line up but with Chili on right, Zads in for Pepper, Pepper to bench for Bridges.

Yep, I can live with that too.

Chadandkira12
06-11-2012, 01:30 PM
Pretty shit unless you get there early
I think we are leaving about 12ish ill go to the stadium park then walk to the pub

seldom
06-11-2012, 05:38 PM

totally disagree

furns
06-11-2012, 06:52 PM
I think we are leaving about 12ish ill go to the stadium park then walk to the pub
Apparently you cant actually park at the stadium on gameday as the spaces are all preallocated.
Check here for your options http://www.parramattastadium.com.au/finding-us/transport-parking

Chadandkira12
06-11-2012, 07:41 PM
Gees might train it then

Superdylan
06-11-2012, 09:22 PM
Is parking good at parramatta Westfield considering it is a couple minute walk to the commercial? Does it cost to park there aswell (mate is driving me down)

boz-monaut
06-11-2012, 09:39 PM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=westfield+parramatta+parking+rates

furns
06-11-2012, 11:42 PM
Weekend parking at Westfield Parramatta are a shitfight. And yes you do have to pay.
Would avoid.

Chadandkira12
07-11-2012, 08:20 AM
Will be catching the 1pm train from Fassy $16.40 return to parra gets to parra about 3:20

GazFish35
07-11-2012, 09:35 AM
Check if match tickets include public transport.
Members tickets do, match tickets for the derby did.
You might get there for free.

Edit- they do.
http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/Show.aspx?sh=WANDER0613

LINGERA
07-11-2012, 10:44 AM
we will loose

Grimario
07-11-2012, 10:53 AM
Edit- they do.
http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/Show.aspx?sh=WANDER0613

What does that include though? Can I buy a ticket and catch the train to and from Maitland? It says conditions apply, go to the 131500 website... and there is nada on there I can see.

furns
07-11-2012, 11:11 AM
http://www.131500.com.au/events/a-league-western-sydney-wanderers-fc-v-newcastle-jets-fc
Needed to look under events page mate

Grimario
07-11-2012, 11:15 AM
http://www.131500.com.au/events/a-league-western-sydney-wanderers-fc-v-newcastle-jets-fc
Needed to look under events page mate

I did... must have recently been updated. When I clicked on it, it said "there are no details for this event" or something.

Cheers.

GazFish35
07-11-2012, 12:05 PM
What does that include though? Can I buy a ticket and catch the train to and from Maitland? It says conditions apply, go to the 131500 website... and there is nada on there I can see.

I've seen them advertising that in includes the entire city rail network, you could get on at dungog!

All tickets to the A-League game at Parramatta Stadium include entry and travel on public transport to and from the game – on CityRail trains, regular Sydney Buses (STA) services, Liverpool to Parramatta T-way buses and Sydney Ferries services.

Please note that buses operated by private companies are not included in the travel entitlement, i.e. Busways, Veolia, Hillsbus & Westbus.

Remember to keep your ticket safe for your return journey home, as you must have a valid ticket when travelling on public transport.

Please note: a station access fee applies for travel to or from Domestic and International Airport stations. You will need to purchase a separate ticket.

Just wave your ticket at them.

furns
07-11-2012, 12:07 PM
Am pretty sure the SFC ones dont include the Hunter Line. I would assume that WSW ones would be the same? If worst comes to worst just pay from Maitland to Newy then travel on your match ticket from there

snake
07-11-2012, 12:10 PM
we will loose

bridge and topor the goals

how good is topor on FSN giving it the big ones against dutchy :rof:

Jeterpool
07-11-2012, 12:14 PM
we will loose

bridge and topor the goals

how good is topor on FSN giving it the big ones against dutchy :rof:

what was he saying?

sh10
07-11-2012, 12:31 PM
what was he saying?

Something like "it's well known the style they say they want to play but we haven't seen much of that yet"

MFKS
07-11-2012, 12:42 PM
As for parking at Westfields the sting they put on you at Westfield Kotara is nothing to the daylight robbery they charge you at Sydney Westfields from my experience.

Getting a taxi down the F3 and back with the metre running whilst you went to the pub and match would be comparative to parking there!!!
IE Take out a Personal Loan friday to cover it

seldom
07-11-2012, 12:58 PM
Something like "it's well known the style they say they want to play but we haven't seen much of that yet"

Ouch !

Vandenberg13
07-11-2012, 05:37 PM
not sure if this has or hasnt been mentioned but right behind where the RBB sit (well across the road) from it
there is a big field, that has nothing to do with parramatta stadium, that is avalible to park at when the eels play

not sure if it is or isnt open this weekend

furns
07-11-2012, 05:58 PM
that would be parramatta park its open all weekend, but dont know what time they shut it

google is your friend, plus the parra stadium parking link I posted above....

militiamon
07-11-2012, 10:56 PM
So what is the dealio with the trains from Newy, have to catch it into Central because of trackwork or something?

Jetmaster
08-11-2012, 08:08 AM
Get off at Strathfield and get a Western Line train to Parra.

militiamon
08-11-2012, 09:10 AM
So this:

"Saturday 10 November 2:00am to Monday 12 November 2:00am. Trains start and terminate at Central (platforms 4-15) due to trackwork on the North Shore Line. For more information, visit CityRail."

Won't affect that? I can't work out whether this is for just the North Shore Line or all stations that are on the North Shore Line because it keeps popping up on other timetables.

halpme do lyf

Grimario
08-11-2012, 09:27 AM
Go to 131500.info

Plug in start/finish stations and times. Will spit out options, including any impact of trackwork.

zorse
08-11-2012, 11:19 AM
Will be catching the 1pm train from Fassy $16.40 return to parra gets to parra about 3:20
FYI weekends are off peak, so should be $11.40 = more money for beers

Grimario
08-11-2012, 12:47 PM
18 man squad named

Newcastle Jets squad: 2. Scott NEVILLE, 3. Tiago CALVANO, 4. Josh MITCHELL, 5. Dominik RITTER, 7. James BROWN, 8. Ruben ZADKOVICH, 9. Emile HESKEY, 10. Bernardo RIBEIRO, 14. Taylor REGAN, 15. Craig GOODWIN, 16. Jobe WHEELHOUSE (c), 17. James VIRGILI, 18. Jacob PEPPER, 19. Michael BRIDGES, 20. Mark BIRIGHITTI (gk) 21. Marko JESIC, 23. Ryan GRIFFITHS, 33. Matt NASH (gk).

In: Dominik RITTER, Michael BRIDGES, and Marko JESIC.
Out: Ben KANTAROVSKI (knee).

Birra
Nev - Tarago - Mitchell - Solid
(c) - RubeZ
Chili - Ryu - Goodwin
Heskey Time

Bench - Gash, Peppz, Brown, Regan
Out - Bridge, Jesic, Ribeiro

Need better nicks for Neville, Mitchell and Goodwin. Don't rate.

MFKS
08-11-2012, 08:03 PM
So this:

"Saturday 10 November 2:00am to Monday 12 November 2:00am. Trains start and terminate at Central (platforms 4-15) due to trackwork on the North Shore Line. For more information, visit CityRail."

Won't affect that? I can't work out whether this is for just the North Shore Line or all stations that are on the North Shore Line because it keeps popping up on other timetables.

halpme do lyf

No effect on us whatsoever unless you are planning on some scenic trip over the Harbour Bridge on your way too or from Newy and Parra. Train to Strathfield Change train and onto Parramatta.

The trackwork is happening on the "Line" we will be on between Strathfield and Parramatta but not in the area we will be

MFKS
08-11-2012, 08:38 PM
On another note have 2 minors attending with me. Are they allowed in pub of choice??

If not anyone familiar with area and where best to send them to the park with the bag of goon???

militiamon
08-11-2012, 09:21 PM
Cheers MFKS et al.

Boz sure could have designed the cityrail website to be simpler to understand.

MFKS
08-11-2012, 09:27 PM
Thats the idea of it to confuse the masses

q-money
08-11-2012, 10:57 PM
jeez its not like you're going to ****ing zanzibar, it's parramatta ffs

militiamon
08-11-2012, 11:12 PM
I make a point of not knowing anything outside of Newy.

GazFish35
08-11-2012, 11:40 PM
jeez its not like you're going to ****ing zanzibar, it's parramatta ffs

Zanzibar is in Newtown isn't it?

Retro Jet
09-11-2012, 01:00 AM
Best trip to Parra?
Parramatta Power(less & Griff-less) 0 - Newcastle Breakers 1 (Buonavoglia) (http://www.ozfootball.net/ark/NSL/19992000/Round11.html)

Walking away from the field we ran in to Jockey's old man...beaming.
He put a lazy $20? on son scoring 0-1 win at 75-1?? Something like that.
Won $1500 anyhow.
15 Rowdies went to Ramsay St, Haberfield after the game to Buonavoglia's restaurant.
Free and cheap Pizza's, shootin' the sh!t with Jockey, playing the football table with him.....
Top night out.

Jeterpool
09-11-2012, 07:20 AM
Best trip to Parra?
Parramatta Power(less & Griff-less) 0 - Newcastle Breakers 1 (Buonavoglia) (http://www.ozfootball.net/ark/NSL/19992000/Round11.html)

Won $1500 anyhow.
15 Rowdies went to Ramsay St, Haberfield after the game to Buonavoglia's restaurant.
Free and cheap Pizza's, shootin' the sh!t with Jockey, playing the football table with him.....
Top night out.

Buonavoglia - there was a striker!

goaliepersempre
09-11-2012, 09:16 AM
Buonavoglia - there was a striker!

brings back memories.

furns
09-11-2012, 09:29 AM
On another note have 2 minors attending with me. Are they allowed in pub of choice??

If not anyone familiar with area and where best to send them to the park with the bag of goon???
Dude its a pub - what do you think?

Anyway its Parramatta, there will be plenty of unaccompanied minors hanging around looking to cause trouble/drink alcohol/etc

MFKS
09-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Best trip to Parra?

Won $1500 anyhow.
Top night out.

Checked out the link in your post. Gee some names there in Aussie Football playing in those days!!!

Did notice Carlton had a Craig Deans playing for them in those days and Carlton folded not long after. Glad to see he hasn't changed much moving from calamity to calamity

Deans Out

Rocky
09-11-2012, 01:34 PM
Checked out the link in your post. Gee some names there in Aussie Football playing in those days!!!

Did notice Carlton had a Craig Deans playing for them in those days and Carlton folded not long after. Glad to see he hasn't changed much moving from calamity to calamity

Deans Out

Checked that out actually, also Hutcho playing for Gippsland lol. And Smeltz at Brisbane, would have been a youngen back then?
Werhman for Perth and G.A. for Northern Spirit

Grimario
09-11-2012, 01:53 PM
Best trip to Parra?

Ah man, that site.

http://www.ozfootball.net/ark/NSL/9899/Round09.html

That was my first ever football game at Breakers Stadium. I don't remember anything apart from getting my first taste of the full range of emotions that goes with football... leaving me hooked forever and ever, amen.

MFKS
09-11-2012, 03:56 PM
Referee: Brenton Hayward
Assistant Ref 1: Lance Greenshields
Assistant Ref 2: Leigh Pigram
Fourth official: Adam Gehrig

q-money
09-11-2012, 04:12 PM
hawyard jablowme

furns
10-11-2012, 08:08 AM
football day

fire up etc

10-11-2012, 11:14 AM
Tiago to elbow Bridge in the head and make it even more out of shape.

seldom
10-11-2012, 11:57 AM
this game worries me...ressies always step up against the 1sts

Retro Jet
10-11-2012, 01:15 PM

Just elbow him in the ankles.....

Jeterpool
10-11-2012, 02:44 PM

Just elbow him in the ankles.....

:roflz:

Thomas477
10-11-2012, 04:57 PM
Teams

Newcastle Jets starting XI: 2. Scott Neville, 3. Tiago Calvano, 4. Josh Mitchell, 5. Dominik Ritter, 7. James Brown, 8. Ruben Zadkovich, 9. Emile Heskey, 15. Craig Goodwin, 16. Jobe Wheelhouse (C), 20. Mark Birighitti (Gk) 23. Ryan Griffiths.
Bench: 17. James Virgili, 18. Jacob Pepper, 19. Michael Bridges, 33. Matt Nash (Gk).

Western Sydney Wanderers starting XI: 1. Ante Covic (Gk), 3. Adam D’apuzzo, 4. Nikolai Topor-Stanley, 6. Jerome Polenz, 8. Mateo Poljak, 10. Aaron Mooy, 13. Joey Gibbs, 17. Youssouf Hersi, 18. Iacopo La Rocca, 19. Mark Bridge, 21. Shinji Ono.
Bench: 2. Shannon Cole, 9. Dino Kresinger, 12. Tahj Minniecon, 20. Jerrad Tyson (Gk)

Note, NTS is capo for the day, and Elrich can't nail down a spot.

Grimario
10-11-2012, 05:11 PM
About what you would expect. Brown thrown in from the start though, hopefully playing wide right where Chili started last weekend against perf.

Thomas477
10-11-2012, 05:29 PM
About what you would expect. Brown thrown in from the start though, hopefully playing wide right where Chili started last weekend against perf.

Yep. Go with the 4231 with Zad and Jobe holding. Should win this one.

Jeterpool
10-11-2012, 05:33 PM
Commentator on Fix said the Gypo Beauchump used to play for us.

Pfft. Numpty

WolfMan
10-11-2012, 05:33 PM
LOL already a flare ripped in the R+B Bloc

Grimario
10-11-2012, 05:34 PM
"WSW will be without one of their 6 former Jets, Michael Beauchamp who suffered from gastro overnight"

When was that former coastie scum a Jet?!

cheflyf
10-11-2012, 05:52 PM
Lol. We playing so flat

Grimario
10-11-2012, 05:58 PM
What was Neville doing just then? Ball clearly ricochets off us... so he shields it out for A CORNER? :gent:

Grimario
10-11-2012, 06:04 PM
Great glancing header. Lovely

WolfMan
10-11-2012, 06:05 PM
Yelling at the TV "Just get the effing thing in there!!"...result = goal. More yelling to come

Grimario
10-11-2012, 06:14 PM
Heskey time, woop

snake
10-11-2012, 06:17 PM
^guys,

could youse be a bit more descriptive for those not near a telly!

cheers

Grimario
10-11-2012, 06:20 PM
^guys,

could youse be a bit more descriptive for those not near a telly!

cheers

First goal was neat little interplay down the right, bit of give and go from Griff to Brown, ball out wide to Neville who dinked it in near post for Griff to get a glancing header, in off the post.
Second goal was a cross from deep, Heskey got in front of La Rocca, across Topor and put the ball in the near post, off post/Covic to go in.

Their goal was Ono/Hersi one two then Neville keeping Gibbs onside, cross and goal.

Bremsstrahlung
10-11-2012, 06:23 PM
I'm surprised Hesky hasn't gotten a yellow for dissent yet. Every game he seems to be chatting away to the referee, remonstrating something. Going to happen sooner or later I believe.

snake
10-11-2012, 06:23 PM
grazie

boz-monaut
10-11-2012, 06:33 PM
snake - go install the A-league app and get live commentary

plague
10-11-2012, 06:37 PM
HESKEYS goal was the exact type of goal we haven't scored for 3 years.
I love Heskey.
Someone get Goodwin some new boots. The lads got no grip.
That's pretty much all I learned from the first half.

Oh and that Bridge is still a douchebag.

Retro Jet
10-11-2012, 06:37 PM
If someone has a direct line to Silas Moss (and Paul Wade) commentating for 1233, please tell these ingoramuses
that it's Mark BRIDGE! Not BRIDGES!!! FFS.....
Dickhead has said it all half. Think I caught Wadie saying it too.

Love Heskey, love Ante's RH post. Get in there.
Woot woot.

Jeterpool
10-11-2012, 06:42 PM
We're looking better. Terrible first 20

Grimario
10-11-2012, 06:51 PM
Joe Gibbs just did Tiago completely. If he could shoot, they could well be level.

Retro Jet
10-11-2012, 06:53 PM
Birraaaaa
Another save our sorry @rses save.

Jeterpool
10-11-2012, 06:56 PM
GvE back on the sideline. This is serious two weeks in a row

Goody off - been quiet tonight despite assist

OmeletteDuFromage
10-11-2012, 07:03 PM
Oh ty Birighitti

Jeterpool
10-11-2012, 07:03 PM
Time to bring on bridges and take it to the corner

Oooooh. Birraz!!!!!

Jeterpool
10-11-2012, 07:06 PM
Heskey with the crazy eyes!!

Grimario
I think Slater just made up a player... "Birragilli".

OmeletteDuFromage
Heskey with the crazy eyes!!

Refs wife is gonna get it.

OmeletteDuFromage
10-11-2012, 07:07 PM
https://www.facebook.com/ajax/messaging/attachment.php?attach_id=916480615533a5ef6d1e72e5a e34340e&mid=id.385175384895096&hash=AQCupID12tQ283jD

https://www.facebook.com/ajax/messaging/attachment.php?attach_id=dd3e9e73614ed67c4dd2034b4 009f895&mid=id.366223876801444&hash=AQDxP5sxXYvdkbwy

Jeterpool
10-11-2012, 07:08 PM

Yeah I heard that too

Poor delivery by birragilli

Grimario
10-11-2012, 07:08 PM
Chili again, needs to get much better crosses in. Rarrgh.

plague
10-11-2012, 07:10 PM

He's def saying 'Vir-i-gil-i'.

He's such a dipshit.

plague
10-11-2012, 07:12 PM
Not a huge fan of Brown's carry on either. Flapping his arms like a bitch whenever shit goes south.
Just deal with it and get in son.
He's not Wayne effing Rooney.

Jeterpool
10-11-2012, 07:12 PM
Virighitti nearly caught out

Lionel Hutz
10-11-2012, 07:15 PM
I would be giving tiago a huge spray after the game. Anyone getting a card for kicking the ball away in my book is ridiculous. Especially when its his 4th of the season so far.

Aaron mooy is a gun in my opinion. his set pieces are lethal. I wish we had someone who could whip in a ball as good as him.

OmeletteDuFromage
10-11-2012, 07:18 PM
Just noticed WSW had Dark Blue plastic chairs.

Wut is dis.

Jeterpool
10-11-2012, 07:19 PM
I would be giving tiago a huge spray after the game. Anyone getting a card for kicking the ball away in my book is ridiculous. Especially when its his 4th of the season so far.

Aaron mooy is a gun in my opinion. his set pieces are lethal. I wish we had someone who could whip in a ball as good as him.

Agree on both points. Been saying for a while Jobe should be dropped from set piece duty.

Griff should be taking them in my opinion

Jeterpool
10-11-2012, 07:21 PM
Oh Pepper. You goose

Grimario
10-11-2012, 07:21 PM
Pepper. Jeebus.

WolfMan
10-11-2012, 07:22 PM
Well, Pepper won't be getting a look-in for a while.... stupidity

plague
Peppz, Gateshead High Gangsta y'all.

OmeletteDuFromage
Oh Pepper.

Retro Jet
10-11-2012, 07:24 PM
Referee: Brenton Hayward <- Fkn BELLEND!!!
Assistant Ref 1: Lance Greenshields
Assistant Ref 2: Leigh Pigram
Fourth official: Adam Gehrig

OmeletteDuFromage
10-11-2012, 07:25 PM
Oh virgilli

OmeletteDuFromage
10-11-2012, 07:26 PM
Blow the whistle you retard

Jeterpool

4minutes!!! Blow it you twat

Grimario
****ing hell. Longest 3 minutes ever.

Jeterpool
10-11-2012, 07:27 PM
Oh virgilli

Was a great run

Grimario
10-11-2012, 07:29 PM
Should have taken it to the corner.

Jeterpool
10-11-2012, 07:31 PM
Two off the posts...need them relocated to Anfield

Grimario
10-11-2012, 07:31 PM
3 Griff
2 Ono
1 Neville

Not sure how many game saving saves Birra has to make to get in that. Neville was to blame for their goal, FFS!

boz-monaut
10-11-2012, 07:33 PM
felt like watching Celtic v Barca there for quite a lot of the game

I'm still not sure to feel about this new technique of grinding undeserved results out - I welcome the points but it's not good for the stress levels

plague
10-11-2012, 07:34 PM
3 Griff
2 Ono
1 Neville
!

I thought you were joking.
Then I saw it on the TV.

Wow, just wow.

Bec
10-11-2012, 07:35 PM
Scrappy game but happy we got the points....Surely birra has to get the atleast 2 points

BTW anyone got the vid of the boys boxing at all?

Thomas477
10-11-2012, 07:43 PM
Bec, it's on The Herald's website.

The Dunster
10-11-2012, 07:55 PM
They're calling Heskey's goal an OG to Covic. Geez.

Thomas477
10-11-2012, 07:57 PM

Now I may be slightly biased being a keeper and having Covic as my fantasy keeper, but that to me looked like Heskey hit the post, then it rebounded into Covic and went over the line. What else is Covic meant to do?

OmeletteDuFromage
10-11-2012, 08:01 PM
Just give the big man the goal ffs

plague
10-11-2012, 08:04 PM
Once again the double eff aye doing all they can to keep a Gypo or Del Piero at the top of the goal scoring charts.
Clearly the work of Gypo Gorman.

Also, how was Topor in the post match interview. What a sook. Off home to eat a big bowl of ice cream and watch 'When Harry met Sally' I presume.

cheflyf
10-11-2012, 08:08 PM
That was an intense last 30 minutes.

Retro Jet
10-11-2012, 08:29 PM

Now I may be slightly biased being a keeper and having Covic as my fantasy keeper, but that to me looked like Heskey hit the post, then it rebounded into Covic and went over the line. What else is Covic meant to do?

Just give the big man the goal ffs

TWG site has 2 goals to Heskey 38th AND an OG to Covic. A very busy 38th minute indeed!
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/match/report/241629/Western-Sydney-vs-Newcastle-Jets

Who's call is it? (The goal) That shit ref I bet. If so, Fkn BELLEND again.

pv4
10-11-2012, 08:55 PM
only caught first 20 mins - was their goal offside?

Grimario
10-11-2012, 08:57 PM

Nope. Neville hadn't stepped up with everyone else, kept them well onside.

plague
10-11-2012, 08:58 PM
Nope, 3rd best player on the park (Nev) was keeping dude onside.
Well worked goal though, simple wall passes, looked pretty

Grimario
10-11-2012, 09:01 PM
Nope, 3rd best player on the park (Nev) was keeping dude onside.
Well worked goal though, simple wall passes, looked pretty

He probably was our third best player. Some of those covering tackles were immense.

Bec
10-11-2012, 09:59 PM

cheers mate

plague
10-11-2012, 10:13 PM
Ok in car so can't google (new fines and all) dude said tonight Griffiths now 4th all time goals for Jets.
Assuming Griff and Razzler are top 3 who else is there?

Bec
10-11-2012, 10:18 PM

Must not be there anymore

Grimario
10-11-2012, 10:19 PM
Ok in car so can't google (new fines and all) dude said tonight Griffiths now 4th all time goals for Jets.
Assuming Griff and Razzler are top 3 who else is there?

Labi has 16, apparently.

Bec
10-11-2012, 10:20 PM
Must not be there anymore

Sorry found it :)

plague
10-11-2012, 10:23 PM
Labi has 16, apparently.
Cheers. Thought maybe him or Sasho and even Vaughn Coveney.

seldom
10-11-2012, 11:31 PM
sometimes you keep winning ugly...just roll with it boiz

hawk
10-11-2012, 11:49 PM
Sweet win. Players gave the fans some skin after as well. :grin:

parksey
11-11-2012, 03:00 AM
pepper was robbed

Superdylan
11-11-2012, 04:58 AM
Top away trip.

That chanting to & especially back from parramatta stadium was fantastic.

belchardo
11-11-2012, 08:08 AM
tiago. shit. useless. chump. sick of his petulant 4-year-old bullshit. this dick is going to cost us the grand final.

birra. wow. that save at the end. just phenomenal.

Grunta
11-11-2012, 08:39 AM
pepper was robbed

Of what, his brains?

Looked like a young bloke trying too hard. Has not done himself any favors. But will learn from the experience

GVE said the second yellow was a bit soft :whistling: that sort of take down would have rated in the WWE lol

q-money
11-11-2012, 10:12 AM
tiago is no worse than zadkovich, and zad gets a resounding gobby on here whenever he shows a bit of mongrel

birraz's punch on that corner, lol. great shot stopper, and was spectacular last night but is a total flap merchant.

Superdylan
11-11-2012, 11:45 AM
How'd commercial go after the game?

parksey
11-11-2012, 01:05 PM
Of what, his brains?

Looked like a young bloke trying too hard. Has not done himself any favors. But will learn from the experience

GVE said the second yellow was a bit soft :whistling: that sort of take down would have rated in the WWE lol

The first yellow was a joke; the ref literally blew the whistle a second before he passed the ball and he was pinged for kicking the ball away. Second was harsh too.

Zadkovich had one of the worst games I've ever seen in person.

the_butcher
11-11-2012, 02:59 PM
birraz's punch on that corner, lol. great shot stopper, and was spectacular last night but is a total flap merchant.

**** you blokes are tough judges

q-money
11-11-2012, 03:11 PM
same scrutiny as everyone gives BK imo

pv4
11-11-2012, 03:35 PM
the difference being that bk is at best a decent bench keeper for Hal level, bk deserves the criticism drawn upon him & biraz is the undoubted number 1 and definately up to (and will rise above) Hal level.

namwob99
11-11-2012, 05:12 PM
the difference being that bk is at best a decent bench keeper for Hal level, bk deserves the criticism drawn upon him & biraz is the undoubted number 1 and definately up to (and will rise above) Hal level.

So we can only criticise the bench keeper?

RedMexican
11-11-2012, 05:33 PM

you just dont like bk in anyway shape or form mate.

Mitchy
11-11-2012, 05:51 PM
Was it just me or the movement on and off the ball for our first goal really good and well created?

pv4
11-11-2012, 08:26 PM
I'm not saying biraz is shielded from critiscim, but I am saying that bk is our reserve keeper & not our number 1. and if it were up to me, there may be one or two other keepers from nbn I'd have in place of bk

Pico
11-11-2012, 08:30 PM

Get out of town, don't you know if your from newy you have to be perfect 100% of the time for every single action of the game, Birra is playing better then BK at the moment but the bloke gives me nightmares every time we have a corner, hasn't realised that there are alternatives to punching, like maybe getting to the ball for starters, twice in two weeks he's tried to punch it out and failed miserably, cost us a point last week and was lucky to escape it again this week but you won't hear a peep about it.

belchardo
11-11-2012, 08:53 PM
cost us a point last week and was lucky to escape it again this week but you won't hear a peep about it.

lol, only saved us at least three times from almost certain goals last night. think his efforts last night made up for a goal that didn't happen.

pv4
11-11-2012, 09:21 PM
we won't hear a peep about it, except from the 5+ guys who are peeping about it

seldom
11-11-2012, 09:31 PM
Anyone watch the game with both eyes ?

Jetmaster
11-11-2012, 09:35 PM
Birraz is an excellent shot stopper - no doubt about that.

His decision making in leaving his line/six yard box is what will determine if this is his gig or not. At the moment he is not filling me with confidence...I'm hoping it will click with him soon.

Pico
12-11-2012, 08:33 AM
we won't hear a peep about it, except from the 5+ guys who are peeping about it
Nah your right, if it was BK that came out flailing for corners, and we conceded a goal that cost us a win from it, there would only be 5 or so one line comments, its not like people would be exploding with rage about he cost us points.... that'd never happen....

pv4
12-11-2012, 08:41 AM
chances are with bk though, is he probably backed up that hypothetical corner-flail with an overall average performance that left supporters more nervous when the ball went near him than biraz ever made them feel.

belchardo
12-11-2012, 10:03 AM
Birraz is an excellent shot stopper - no doubt about that.

His decision making in leaving his line/six yard box is what will determine if this is his gig or not. At the moment he is not filling me with confidence...I'm hoping it will click with him soon.

completely agree. he's got some definite flapping tendencies on wide crosses.

Grimario
12-11-2012, 10:25 AM
BK has got to the level of an almost decent A-League keeper on the back of 90-ish games for us. Birra is already beyond BK's level and has played in what... a dozen games over 5 years? Shit like judging corners/crosses will come with time.

BK has had 3+ years to get it right and is still a flapper!

Bon
12-11-2012, 10:34 AM
BK has got to the level of an almost decent A-League keeper on the back of 90-ish games for us. Birra is already beyond BK's level and has played in what... a dozen games over 5 years? Shit like judging corners/crosses will come with time.

BK has had 3+ years to get it right and is still a flapper!

Exactly!!!
Its been a looooong time since I've felt comfortable with any keeper we have had in goals, but some of the saves that Birraz has pulled off (particularly those close range ones he did in this WSW match) have been absolutely immense. As Grim said, positioning and dominance on corners/crosses will come with experience and time..

I'm looking forward to Omelette uploading this game for work-time viewing..

the_butcher
12-11-2012, 11:40 AM

boo hoo, the difference is that bk's rubbish

the_butcher
12-11-2012, 11:42 AM
+ chicks love birraz, no chicks love bk = birraz is good for the game

Grimario
12-11-2012, 11:49 AM
BK's mum loves BK. She was on facebook defending him a few weeks back... and even defended his hair cut, FFS! Did she do it at home with the help of a bowl?

MFKS
12-11-2012, 12:15 PM
Forgot how much of a shit hole Parramatta is. For those that didn't go it is like Hunter St except the shops are open and not closed.

Walking through the streets there it reminds me of the Gypo Coast and may explain why so many of the Gypos players are from Western Sydney ie they like to live in shitholes

Gonna be some fun down there in the future on away days with a 1.5km walk back to the station and plenty of spots to get into trouble with the locals particularly as the rivalry builds.

****ing cops were dressed up in the riot gear loitering around us all day looking for an excuse yet the RBB ripped 2 flares and yet we are getting the treatment.

RBB were impressive Nearly 3 full bays and they were going from about 20 mins prior to kick off all game and even for another 15 mins after kickoff. Good start from them and hopefully they can keep it up into the future and develop but their active support looks good now.

sh10
12-11-2012, 12:26 PM
He's def saying 'Vir-i-gil-i'.

He's such a dipshit.

Only thing i learnt from this game

WolfMan
12-11-2012, 12:52 PM
BK's mum loves BK. She was on facebook defending him a few weeks back... and even defended his hair cut, FFS! Did she do it at home with the help of a bowl?

LOL this is a windup, yeh?

Grimario
12-11-2012, 01:07 PM
LOL this is a windup, yeh?

Nope. Someone slagged him off and someone (Mary Kennedy? Maria Kennedy? Something Kennedy anyway...) defended him. Someone then went "lol, are you his wife or something?" and she said "No, I am his mother"...

WolfMan
12-11-2012, 01:11 PM
Haha...the haircut bit is comedy gold!

I get that to would be really tough to witness stuff being said about a relative though. Best to just bite your tongue but I'm not sure I wouldn't fire back myself.

belchardo
12-11-2012, 01:34 PM
probably best to just not look.

snake
12-11-2012, 01:57 PM
probably best to just not look.

especially with the mutts we have as fans

Retro Jet
12-11-2012, 03:08 PM
Past midday Monday already. 3pt nabbed. Move on.

Where's THIS weekend's game thread...so I can start bitchin' about that elbow leaping turd BS....boo him at every opportunity.

furns
12-11-2012, 04:05 PM
****ing cops were dressed up in the riot gear loitering around us all day looking for an excuse yet the RBB ripped 2 flares and yet we are getting the treatment.

RBB were impressive Nearly 3 full bays and they were going from about 20 mins prior to kick off all game and even for another 15 mins after kickoff. Good start from them and hopefully they can keep it up into the future and develop but their active support looks good now.
They were actually there to prevent the mong element of WSW support from invading the away bays, as there had already targetex the gypos and heart away support.
And they tried it on at halftime, giving it the big ones from across a bay, then when security blocked their way they tried to circle around and get at our bays from behind the stadium.
Except the cops were all there waiting, seperated them, took down their details and then took headshots.
Am guessing another 10 to add to WSW's reportedly already sizeable banned list.

And there was very little prescence on the march to and from but it wasnt required as I had already had discussions beforehand with Wanderers to confirm pregame venue and march route to make sure there were no clashes.

I actually found the whole experience quite easy. Except for the confusion about entering via our own gate, which we can just put down to a first time miscommunication.

Chadandkira12
12-11-2012, 10:05 PM
There was plenty of undercovers too one guy was i timing next to me asking questions about f we will fight etc etc i just said naa mate we watch our team then leave he got up and walked away with his radio hanging out the bottom of his jumper

hawk
12-11-2012, 11:16 PM
Place seemed quite lively. Every 3rd shop was a restaurant representing a different cuisine. Made Darby St seem like a pie shop.

Superdylan
12-11-2012, 11:26 PM
Place seemed quite lively. Every 3rd shop was a restaurant representing a different cuisine. Made Darby St seem like a pie shop.

This, great choice in terms of location for the wanderers. Best expansion so far.

militiamon
13-11-2012, 01:00 AM
I was very impressed with the Wanderers fans. Easily the third best supporters in the league after SFC and MV.
Stadium was nothing to talk about, basically Bluetongue with 4 sides. The atmosphere was obviously a squillion times better with 1/4 of the crowd being tifosi-ultra hoolz.
IMO the surrounding area is much better than SFC/Moore Park, the old Commercial was very decent, might actually turn up early next time and order some pints of jugo de naranja.
No crowd trouble to report, actually probably get more shit at Bluetongue. The guys giving it to us just before half time were just awkward more than anything. A bit embarrassing when people started having a go at the kids though, ffs.

All-in-all it seems like a great away trip, deserved more than the piss poor numbers we showed up with. Overall journey is maybe only 20 mins longer than the trip to Moore Park (max), unnoticeable on a 2.5 - 3 hour transit.

MFKS
13-11-2012, 01:31 AM
They were actually there to prevent the mong element of WSW support from invading the away bays, as there had already targetex the gypos and heart away support.
And they tried it on at halftime, giving it the big ones from across a bay, then when security blocked their way they tried to circle around and get at our bays from behind the stadium.
Except the cops were all there waiting, seperated them, took down their details and then took headshots.
Am guessing another 10 to add to WSW's reportedly already sizeable banned list.

And there was very little prescence on the march to and from but it wasnt required as I had already had discussions beforehand with Wanderers to confirm pregame venue and march route to make sure there were no clashes.

I actually found the whole experience quite easy. Except for the confusion about entering via our own gate, which we can just put down to a first time miscommunication.

Don't these dumb arse mongs realise they would have been messing with Newy Boys and not a couple of Melbourne fans and some deros from the Gypo Coast?? They would have got the surprise of their lives with a royal arse whooping !!

Wasn't aware as to what the cops were doing but when you see the boys decked out for war in their coveralls and they seem to be stalking us when all is well and everyone is watching the game and behaving it makes you feel uncomfortable when you are doing nothing wrong.

Maybe WSW and the NSW police should be keeping these cops out of sight until needed and keep the visible presence of police in a non threatening confrontational way. The little hike out the back gate behind the goals at FT in my opinion was a great idea and something we should be seeing more particularly when we head to Gypo HQ and we have to walk the streets back to the station with their scummy support

As for the numbers pretty dissappointing really. Train ride to Strathfield change to another platform with trains going to Parra about 5-10 mins after arrival and a 15-20 min trip to Parramatta. Not really that hard an outing for $11.40 return from Newy. Those who are prepared to go to Smurf HQ have no excuses to not go here in future. Train not much different. Car would probably be easier coming from Newy to get to Parra than into the city.

No excuses really for not making the trip in future

hawk
13-11-2012, 08:51 AM
I thought they did a decent job. Got the sneaky dudes (in full kit mind) and let us support.

Did the member get a chat?

MFKS
13-11-2012, 12:23 PM
No didn't get a chat just the principle of it. Feel like they are trying to intimidate you. Nice little ploy that unfortunately about 25% of the police force like to use on you even when you have done nothing wrong to try and get you to bite. **** Em

Visible presence required yes. Aggressive visual presence required NO. These blokes in the war kit shouldn't be required to be walking up and down our bay during the game when all are behaving. The occasional walk by the cops in dress uniform I can cope with as well as the ****tards from E Group Security wandering everywhere.

These hyped up dropkicks straight out of the meat head tree looking for trouble we can do with out at the football. These clowns are gonna cause more shit than they solve

Policing and Security have issues understanding Football culture in this country. When those boys are required fine send them in. Until they are required keep them out of sight

GazFish35
13-11-2012, 12:37 PM
Blokes around me spoke to the "blokes wearing war kit" and they were very polite, humorous and relaxed.

Good luck arguing they shouldn't have been there and convincing too many. They were required because as Furns there had been repeated trouble started at previous WSW games by a mob who target away fans. A mob who have received banning orders yet defy these orders and keep targeting away fans.

The mob tried to try it on on saturday and were stopped by the the guys you're complaining about.

belchardo
13-11-2012, 12:47 PM
gary, didn't your mum ever tell you it's pointless trying to reason with unreasonable people?

seldom
13-11-2012, 12:53 PM
Don't these dumb arse mongs realise they would have been messing with Newy Boys and not a couple of Melbourne fans and some deros from the Gypo Coast?? They would have got the surprise of their lives with a royal arse whooping !!

:gent: :blush:

Rocknerd
13-11-2012, 01:02 PM
I don't know what you're complaining about? Coast away you get the leary eye from all and Sundry and ACAB style stop having fun or we'll grind your face into the ground.

WSW away was fine, cops stayed away and even used manners when walking past me whe n at half time those "cantanbury" fans were givin' it the full large! as coppers away go they were good.

Blackmac79
13-11-2012, 01:44 PM
I ran into one not so nice copper. Literally run into him.... trust me to pick the nasty one.