PDA

View Full Version : 2013 NBN State League Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

Zico
25-04-2013, 01:29 PM
It's not as simple as stating..."the Jets clearly have kids who are not up to it playing at the moment". A few of these "kids" were playing for NSWIS last season and should have been blooded into the Youth team during the NYL season. Instead we saw players like Jesic, Ribeiro, Pepper and Regan regularly playing NYL and then at the end of the season we give ourselves a pat on the back and say it was our most successful NYL season because we finished 3rd!
I have no doubts these "kids" will come good, it may take half a season or so but they will get there. They just would have been better prepared if they had a lot more games under their belts playing in the NYL.
Fair point

Zico
25-04-2013, 01:36 PM
The Jets priorities are different. I can't imagine they give a crap about the league result, it's more developing the youth to play for the seniors, and if that means Hoole, Pepper etc don't play for a bit, then so be it. And NNSWF can't punt them, because the FFA would come down on them as its part of their vision for the future of the Y-League teams.
So a club that works hard either misses out on winning the premiership, the semi finals or even worse gets relegated by a point just because the Jets have different priorities and don't give a shit about the local comp or clubs? I know it's an old argument but **** me, this is a comp with very passionate supporters and officials that are involved with clubs that some are over 100 years old yet they are being treated like a group of hobo's that are solely there to use as trial games for the bigger club in the bigger League? I'm not saying this is the case but from your comments I feel you are.

The Baby Piglet
25-04-2013, 01:58 PM
THB i think you are all over reacting. Look at the EPL teams like Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City they rest players all the time, and its not overly uncommon to see 5-6 changes some weeks. But you don't see teams complaining that they played a full strength team when last week a fellow team also battling relegation played a much weaker team (and the difference between relegation in the EPL is about $50-80 mil). Its part of football, people only get the shits because they don't have the luxury of doing the same.

ForeverRed
25-04-2013, 02:00 PM
You must have been watching a different game to me. I thought the first half was played at a high intensity and was great to watch. Thought it was a tough send off on young finlayson yellow at best. Dont see how you come up with jets easily on top at this stage? Apart from Olympic gifting the jets a goal after 30 seconds I can only remember swancott making that great save just before halftimeandnothaving a great deal more to do whereas the young jets keeper made some good saves and Olympic could easily have scored one or two more in first half. Olympic lead 2.1 but jets EASILY on top? Second half deteriated but Olympic should have scored another 5 against the 10 manwas still a crappy game though

MFKS
25-04-2013, 03:17 PM
Zico is not possible that the Jets are unable to play their better players such as Hoole Pepper Oxborrow etc as they are on HAL contracts and have stock standard clauses in them from the PFA that give the player x amount of weeks break from football training/games each year??

The same condition in the contract that sees Zadko fishing in the NT Heskey back in the UK Birra sun himself on some beach and Bridges playing golf.

In another month or two they will reform at Ray Watt Oval each day for pre season training hopefully under the tutelage of some bloke other than the Egg
Maybe the likes of Hoole Pepper Oxborrow etc are actually living it up enjoying their youth and holidays like they should be doing

Maybe the Jets don't have any choice at this point in time and have to play the younger players in the squad.

GazFish35
25-04-2013, 05:51 PM
Maybe it should be remembered that they exist in this comp for development purposes. Keep an eye on the big picture etc etc

ForeverRed
25-04-2013, 05:59 PM
Maybe it should be remembered that they exist in this comp for development purposes. Keep an eye on the big picture etc etc
That's bullshit, clubs are are spending thousands just to exist and these muppets seem to do as they please, move em on I say, feed the players out to the clubs and let them toughen em up, NBN doesn't need the jets,

magician
25-04-2013, 06:02 PM
was still a crappy game though

Of cause it was, southy wasn't playing

GazFish35
25-04-2013, 06:10 PM
NBN doesn't need the jets,

And there is the paradigm that needs shifting.
The FFA technical review conducted a few years ago wanted youth players playing more football at the highest level.
The jets being in the nbn isn't about hats good for the nbn, it's about what's good for the jets..... And it's actually not even about what's good for the jets, its actually about hats good for Australia's football development.

No doubt the nbn league is strong enough without the jets, no argument at all.

MFKS
25-04-2013, 06:12 PM
That's bullshit, clubs are are spending thousands just to exist and these muppets seem to do as they please, move em on I say, feed the players out to the clubs and let them toughen em up, NBN doesn't need the jets,

Yet having the Jets there sees the local clubs get an extra home game a season and a possible large turnout as many Jets fans trundle down to some suburban oval to watch the Jets Yoof play and throw a few dollars into the NBN clubs coffers.

I suppose those dollars I chipped into Southy and their cause the other week you can do with out??

Just keep moaning.

The Jets team wins games and you moan that it is unfair that they hve better calibre of players. They lose and you still moan that they ain't playing their best team.

You will only be happy when they play their best players and get beaten
FFS Make your minds up

RANGER09
25-04-2013, 06:31 PM
Having jets youth play in NBN as I see it can only strengthen the other clubs down the track, if they don't make senior team they will come back to play in another club at some stage and have hopefully benefited from the youth training and can pass this on to their new team mates

ForeverRed
25-04-2013, 06:32 PM
[QUOTE=magician;35618]Of cause it was, southy wasn't playing[/QU
say it as i see it, no need to get personal

ForeverRed
25-04-2013, 06:40 PM
Yet having the Jets there sees the local clubs get an extra home game a season and a possible large turnout as many Jets fans trundle down to some suburban oval to watch the Jets Yoof play and throw a few dollars into the NBN clubs coffers.

I suppose those dollars I chipped into Southy and their cause the other week you can do with out??

Just keep moaning.

The Jets team wins games and you moan that it is unfair that they hve better calibre of players. They lose and you still moan that they ain't playing their best team.

FFS Make your minds up
so in 6 weeks time when they have their strongest line up its all fair, ask the club that has to play them that day, then the following week egghead decides to take 4 or 5 players to a trial yet they field under 16s in nbn, somehow its not fair, also i dont see having an extra home game has anything to do with fairness, besides, a few mums and dads dad make you richer

Zico
25-04-2013, 06:54 PM

Just keep moaning.

FFS Make your minds up

People like you piss me off so much that it's not funny. Why do you think the NBN should be solely a development ground for the Jets youth games? Go and spend some time at a club in the NBN and see what goes into running the club and making it competitive in this league. Maybe then your ****ed up views will be less clouded and more realistic.

ForeverRed
25-04-2013, 06:59 PM
People like you piss me off so much that it's not funny. Why do you think the NBN should be solely a development ground for the Jets youth games? Go and spend some time at a club in the NBN and see what goes into running the club and making it competitive in this league. Maybe then your ****ed up views will be less clouded and more realistic.

Nice

MFKS
25-04-2013, 07:00 PM
Perks of the draw mate. Leagues around the world always see a team get a good leg up with their opponents ranks decimated short term due to injury/suspensions etc

Victree got a good leg up after the Jets played Nix away midweek and lost a few troops and had to basically wave the white flag at it. Was there any bitching that this was unfair that other clubs didn't get to play the Jets at such a vulnerable time?? NO

So what if they play their younger players thats there perogative to select whoever they like. Southys coach is quite within his rights to purge off all your long ball larry blokes and pick a pile of kids if he feels that is the way he wishes to go.

On another note Forever Red your bluster and carry on in this subject is for a team currently at the bottom end of the table after 3 rounds. What makes you think that they are certainties to start stringing a pile of wins together and all of a sudden dominate the league???

Captain Obvious
25-04-2013, 07:03 PM
Maybe the other clubs should just win all their other games.
Then the results against the Jets wouldn't really matter would they?
Pretty obvious really.
Or is it just me?

MFKS
25-04-2013, 07:40 PM

Since where is it that I said the NBN League is solely a development ground for the Jets Youths Games??

The Jets Youth teams are basically there to develop the elite players for the Jets to go on and play NYL HAL Socceroos and hopefully one day to big Euro Clubs so we can watch some Newy lads playing in big EPL UCL LaLiga games etc Results for them are really irrelevant. Winning a trophy looks all good and well on the CV for the coach but having Zane be able to say one day that 12 of the Jets HAL squad 3 Socceroos and a bloke running around for Bayern Munich came through the ranks on his watch is his goal. That is the purpose for the Jets Yoof team to be in the NBN League

What of other clubs and their purpose in the NBN??

Magic Olympic Edgey are probably there to win it. Southy Cardiff Weston to hopefully have a good year and go deep in the play offs

Jaffas to establish themselves in the League

Weston Phoenix Lakes are hoping to avoid the trap door of coming last and move up a few rungs on the ladder.

They all have different goals.

Why is it that important to you that the Jets win games???

If any clubs season is resting on the Jets fielding a weaker side then you are obviously got bigger issues. You have 18 games with 2 of those against the Jets to decide the course of your season. If you ****ers are left bitching coz so and so got a cheap 3 points against the Jets coz the Jets were missing 6 players and that cost you a semi spot may I then suggest that the other 16 games of your season where you dropped points were the ones that ACTUALLY cost you a semi spot and you DO NOT DESERVE TO BE THERE ANYWAY.

Why should I care about what efforts are made at clubs to make them successful?? All clubs work hard to achieve some success just because your club puts in effort doesn't mean it is entitled to success. All I see is that you guys have a rival you despise because they have a few things going for them.

How about you guys knuckling down and trying to beat them fair and square and prove you are better than them. Magic didn't roll over for the Jets last season and took it to them and come out on top 3 out of 3 times by backing themselves and belieiving in what they do. Why is that so hard for you weaker clubs to do??

ForeverRed
25-04-2013, 07:48 PM

Perks of the draw mate. Leagues around the world always see a team get a good leg up with their opponents ranks decimated short term due to injury/suspensions etc

Victree got a good leg up after the Jets played Nix away midweek and lost a few troops and had to basically wave the white flag at it. Was there any bitching that this was unfair that other clubs didn't get to play the Jets at such a vulnerable time?? NO

So what if they play their younger players thats there perogative to select whoever they like. Southys coach is quite within his rights to purge off all your long ball larry blokes and pick a pile of kids if he feels that is the way he wishes to go.

On another note Forever Red your bluster and carry on in this subject is for a team currently at the bottom end of the table after 3 rounds. What makes you think that they are certainties to start stringing a pile of wins together and all of a sudden dominate the league???
Pretty sure the jets complained to FFA about the change of date to this fixture, I call that bitching, sounds like the truth hurts some people, go take a pill and lie down

MFKS
25-04-2013, 07:59 PM

I thought this was implying the other clubs weren't bitching about it not Middleby and GVE:blush:
Maybe glasses are required

ForeverRed
25-04-2013, 08:40 PM
I thought this was implying the other clubs weren't bitching about it not Middleby and GVE:blush:
Maybe glasses are required

You miss the point, it was unfair they had to play midweek in kiwi land,

MFKS
25-04-2013, 09:15 PM
GVE MIDDLEBY - Bitching about something that directly relates to their club is completely different to

You complaining about what line up the Jets Yoof put out against a rival to Southy.

If GVE and Middleby start whinging about how something is benefiting a rival such as Smurfs/Gypos/WSW then you would have some common ground

Maybe you need to ponder that for a bit

Thomas477
26-04-2013, 01:29 AM
so in 6 weeks time when they have their strongest line up its all fair, ask the club that has to play them that day, then the following week egghead decides to take 4 or 5 players to a trial yet they field under 16s in nbn, somehow its not fair, also i dont see having an extra home game has anything to do with fairness, besides, a few mums and dads dad make you richer

As an addition to the Honorable Member's comment, how is it fair for the Jaffas to be with a player for the first few games and another player for half the season? (Just an example) Is it fair on teams who don't play them during this time? As the Member said, it's the perks of the draw. Did I hate playing up at Dungog (sorry Ack0) at 9am? Yes. Did I get over it? Yes.

I went to the two Jets vs Olympic games last year, which were my first NBN games.

So a club that works hard either misses out on winning the premiership, the semi finals or even worse gets relegated by a point just because the Jets have different priorities and don't give a shit about the local comp or clubs? I know it's an old argument but **** me, this is a comp with very passionate supporters and officials that are involved with clubs that some are over 100 years old yet they are being treated like a group of hobo's that are solely there to use as trial games for the bigger club in the bigger League? I'm not saying this is the case but from your comments I feel you are.

If a club miss out on the finals or the premiership, or get relegated, they obviously weren't good enough to make the cut throughout the season, not just in the two games against the Jets. And basically yeah, I reckon they are. They still want to win, but they want to win and play in a certain style, and if that means they stick to the passing game as opposed to hoofing it up the field when they're chasing the game, so be it. Is it fair on the others clubs? Maybe, maybe not, but life isn't fair. But I'm sure if Magic or Cardiff come up against the Jets when they're missing Hoole, Kale, Pepz, Chapz, Duncan etc, they won't be complaining.

And there's not much anyone in NBN can do if they want it to NNSWF sanctioned, due to the directive from the FFA, which will see the Sydney teams playing in the NSWPL etc.

FaroeMassive
26-04-2013, 04:51 PM
The issue with the Jets Youth has nothing to do with them winning too many games. If they played their best NYL side each week they would finish in the top 2-3 most years. The other NBN clubs know this and don't have any issue with them winning games if they're the better side.

The issues surrounding the Jets youth are purely regarding relegation from NBN. For me, the frustration surrounding their inability to play their best side each week, which can directly influence the final league positions of those sides down the foot end of the table, is quite valid.

For example, last year there was only 1 point separating last and 2nd last heading into the final round. With such fine margins separating relegation and safety, points gained by teams battling relegation against considerably weaker opposition one week, while other teams battling relegation get beaten by facing a full strength version of the same opponent a week later is not right. These points can easily be the difference between staying in NBN or being relegated.

If you consider that so far this season Valentine Phoenix, who are tipped to be one of the relegation candidates, gained a point in Round 1 against a very young Jets side, yet teams like Lakes, Jaffas etc in a few weeks time may have to face a full strength Jets team, then it's easy to see how people believe that the integrity of the NBN State League is being jeopardised.

If players are genuinely unavailable due to suspension or injury etc then that just comes down to luck of the draw, however players being rested at the discretion of the Jets, which severely weakens there side should not be allowed to happen. It's not ok for teams like Magic to do it, so why is it ok for the Jets?

If they want to participate in the competition then they should be required, like all other clubs, to play their strongest available line-up each week. If players are required to take a certain amount of holiday each year (which is fine), then they should rotate that schedule all year round and not just rest 6-7 players throughout the course of the NBN State League season. There is no reason why Oxborrow, Remmington etc could not have been given 2 weeks off during the NYL season.

99% are all for the Jets participating in the NBN State League, 99% are all for players having better development opportunities. However, these opportunities can be provided whilst still keeping the integrity of the competition in tact. That's all the NBN clubs want, some respect and for the integrity of the competition to be retained.

fresh
26-04-2013, 05:00 PM
get them out of the comp stuff them.

as for everybody that says they'd win the comp easy with full squad? well u'd ****ing hope so. There on professional contracts versing businesman and tradies that go to work each day not train for soccer all day.

But the laughable thing is they probably wouldnt win the comp even fielding there best side each week. Either Jets youth are useless for what they should be or people highly under-estimate the quality in the top few sides in the nbn league. Which one is it. Take your pick.

Thomas477
26-04-2013, 05:56 PM
There is no reason why Oxborrow, Remmington etc could not have been given 2 weeks off during the NYL season.

Well I can answer that easily enough, the NYL season is during the A-League season, and what if GvE had to call upon Oxborrow or Remington for a HAL game? Plus, having two weeks off wouldn't have helped their fitness. And I'm sure Zane would rather them have their holiday at the start of the NBN season, opposed to having it midway through the season, plus when you've got Young Socceroos camps as well, it's easier to say have you holidays now.

And as you said, it's the luck of the draw. Phoenix had them just coming off the back of the HAL season, so those players were on holidays, it could have been any one of the other teams, just like any other team could have had to play Magic. And who's to say that what you or I think is the best squad isn't playing each week? What if Zane simply plays those that show up to training, as most clubs would, seems reasonable to me.

As for last years points, yes 1-2 points is a fine margin. But if (for example) Magic had beaten Sout Cardiff in round 5, they would have won by 2 points, as opposed to Olympic by 1. If teams are consistent, then they will end up at their deserved place, 2 games against a variable Youth side won't change that.

I understand where you're coming from, but I honestly think that 2 games will not affect a clubs result over the course of 18 games, the consistently worse team, apart from the Youth, will be relegated, and the constantly better teams will rise.

MFKS
26-04-2013, 07:41 PM
For example, last year there was only 1 point separating last and 2nd last heading into the final round. With such fine margins separating relegation and safety, points gained by teams battling relegation against considerably weaker opposition one week, while other teams battling relegation get beaten by facing a full strength version of the same opponent a week later is not right. These points can easily be the difference between staying in NBN or being relegated.

Last season Jets Yoof Thumped Lake Macquare 3-0 and 8-1 and West Wallsend 4-0 and 5-0 if I rmember rightly. So neiither team picked up any cheap points against them and the only damaged done was to Lakes GD.

I would also like to point how how laughable I find the suggestion that Jets should rest players during the HAL/NYL seasons to ensure the fairest competition in the NBN by them playing their best side EVERY WEEK in the NBN League. Yep GVE(Or the competent manager we hope to get) is not gonna have Oxborrow Hoole Pepper etc training with the HAL side for a chance to play in the A League coz he is gonna give them a few weeks off in the middle of the HAL season where they will miss the opportunity to play ADP Shinji Broich Rojas etc because they are REQUIRED to front at some suburban NBN ground every week of the NBN season to keep you blokes happy.

FMD:blush:

HAL>>> DAYLIGHT more DAYLIGHT >>> NYL >>> THEN A BIT MORE DAYLIGHT>>> NBN LEAGUE.

Without being condescending to the NNSW Fed or the NBN Clubs in anyway but that is the PRIORITIES for Newcastle Jets FC point blank. Despite all the criticisms levelled at GVE/Middleby HSG etc they at least are getting that one right.

Mate I don't dispute the Jets should be doing more to assist the NBN clubs and need to put a bit more effort in with helping them out and the NNSW Fed out rather than taking all the time. But FFS:blush:

Zico
27-04-2013, 10:27 AM
For **** sake MFKS, I know you are a die hard Jets fan and fail to see anytrhing other than the best interest of the Jets but come on! We all love the Jets and want to see them prosper but the point I'm trying get across to you is to look at this from the clubs in the NBN perspective and try to understand why there is a uproar regarding massive different qualities in squad for different Jets teams put on the park. All I'm saying is keep the side settled throughout the season rather than having 6 or more changes from the side that starts to the one that finishes the comp. I had no problems last season when the Jets won most games and played a regular strong side without mass changes with no cheap 3 points being given away.

JCBT
27-04-2013, 10:34 AM
While everybody is on about the Jets Youth, the Bears are hosting them today and it's also Old Boys Day with a Golden Oldies match being played between the 1989/90 and 1995/96 Grand Final winning squads. Take the half hour drive to beautiful Weston and enjoy some great football in what will be a fantastic atmosphere.

Bremsstrahlung
27-04-2013, 10:53 AM
In my opinion, a way to nullify this is if Jets Youth were playing for the same thing. E.g if Jets finish last, they get relegated. Then NBN clubs do not really have a leg to stand on. If they want to mix up their first team, go for it, but if you finish last, you're out. I think the issue at the moment is, that Jets Youth have nothing to lose.
With this solution, the Jets Youth/FFA realistically, don't really have anything to whinge about. If they aren't competitive in a Federation State League Level, they don't stand much of a chance in the NYL.

Again, my opinion is that NBN clubs feel like there are two sets of rules: one for the Jets, one for the rest. Which I'm sure you can agree is frustrating. Some of the club officials (daresay MOST) put so much of their time and effort into running their club, seeking sponsorship, upgrading facilities, man-managing, developing young footballers. In most cases the renumeration, if any, is miniscule and rarely would account for 1/10 of a reasonable salary for doing such a job. So, then a new club comes in, with professional (arguable) administrators, hand selected group of players, basically unlimited funds and very little effort on their part with no repercussions if they fail. E.g. They don't really have to worry about how many pies they will sell, if their ground is in good nick, or if they lose every game.

Zico
27-04-2013, 11:04 AM
In my opinion, a way to nullify this is if Jets Youth were playing for the same thing. E.g if Jets finish last, they get relegated. Then NBN clubs do not really have a leg to stand on. If they want to mix up their first team, go for it, but if you finish last, you're out. I think the issue at the moment is, that Jets Youth have nothing to lose.
With this solution, the Jets Youth/FFA realistically, don't really have anything to whinge about. If they aren't competitive in a Federation State League Level, they don't stand much of a chance in the NYL.

Again, my opinion is that NBN clubs feel like there are two sets of rules: one for the Jets, one for the rest. Which I'm sure you can agree is frustrating. Some of the club officials (daresay MOST) put so much of their time and effort into running their club, seeking sponsorship, upgrading facilities, man-managing, developing young footballers. In most cases the renumeration, if any, is miniscule and rarely would account for 1/10 of a reasonable salary for doing such a job. So, then a new club comes in, with professional (arguable) administrators, hand selected group of players, basically unlimited funds and very little effort on their part with no repercussions if they fail. E.g. They don't really have to worry about how many pies they will sell, if their ground is in good nick, or if they lose every game.
Well said.

stopper2
27-04-2013, 02:41 PM
Having jets youth play in NBN as I see it can only strengthen the other clubs down the track, if they don't make senior team they will come back to play in another club at some stage and have hopefully benefited from the youth training and can pass this on to their new team mates
Mason Campbell is a perfect example of this.

Off the bench
27-04-2013, 02:41 PM
So true.

ForeverRed
27-04-2013, 02:53 PM
Mason Campbell is a perfect example of this.
mason campbell was playing first grade before he went to jets youth

stopper2
27-04-2013, 03:07 PM
The experience the likes of Chapman, Virgili, Hoole and Gallaway gained playing NBN last year benefited them greatly in making the step up to the HAL last season....without question. That is the bigger picture that we need to focus on here. It's not about the Jets being treated differently or being favoured by NNSW, it's about exposing young players (hopefully local) to matches against adults and giving them much more matches then in previous years so that they are better prepared to step up into the HAL by the time they are 20/21. I can't see negatives in this, only positives. It's just a small-minded metality being spread that NBN clubs are disadvantaged or will suffer etc. etc.

stopper2
27-04-2013, 03:10 PM
mason campbell was playing first grade before he went to jets youth
Yes that's correct.....and the point is?

MFKS
27-04-2013, 03:29 PM

Got no problem if you want to have the Jets yoof open to relegation.

That being said I don't think many believe even with their poor start results wise that the Jets Yoof have had will even be at the base of the table come seasons end even if they were to field these under performing kids all season long.

Regardless of how much time and effort is put in by these local volunteers if your club finishes 8th in the NBN over the course of the season you will definitely be in the comp next year. If you finish 9th you are still a big possibility of staying up assuming that this team with professional admin staff quality selected players and unlimited resources haven't finished stone motherless last.

So basically in a ten team comp you can have a coach do to a club what GVE done to the Jets HAL side and still stay in the NBN. Most would agree GVE should be punted for his failings at the Jets for the levels of mediocrity and shit they have put on the people of Newy
If one of these suburban NBN teams has a farcial season like the Jets HAL side did they are still in the NBN comp next year. I think the finish in the top 8 is a more than fair target for the NBN sides to achieve.

If you can't achieve that in a ten team comp do you really deserve to be there next year??

Probably not.

Just like GVE doesn't deserve to be continuing his employment at the Jets.

Cry me a river about all the hard work volunteers/committee do at clubs in the NBN League. This is done at clubs all over Newy Australia and the World. All the hard work in the world guarantees no level of success or entitlement to a place in the comp

MFKS
27-04-2013, 03:34 PM
For **** sake MFKS, I know you are a die hard Jets fan and fail to see anytrhing other than the best interest of the Jets but come on! We all love the Jets and want to see them prosper but the point I'm trying get across to you is to look at this from the clubs in the NBN perspective and try to understand why there is a uproar regarding massive different qualities in squad for different Jets teams put on the park. All I'm saying is keep the side settled throughout the season rather than having 6 or more changes from the side that starts to the one that finishes the comp. I had no problems last season when the Jets won most games and played a regular strong side without mass changes with no cheap 3 points being given away.

Man Utd chop and change their side all the time in the EPL.

I don't ever here clubs complain that SAF rested Rooney RVP Ferdinand and Nani and played Welbeck Chicarito Johnny Evans and Cleverly who are in most opinions deemed lesser players.

Squad rotation and changes in personnell occur at all clubs throughout the season.

If I remember right the two teams in the HAL GF played in Rd 1. I imagine the line ups in Rd 1 were completely different with numerous changes to what the coaches put on the park for the GF

ForeverRed
27-04-2013, 10:20 PM
Weston 3 jets youth 5
Olympic 3 phoenix 0

MFKS
27-04-2013, 10:30 PM
Jets field all their star players tonight Forever Red or did they leave them out and the kids won??

wannabe
27-04-2013, 11:33 PM
Jets field all their star players tonight Forever Red or did they leave them out and the kids won??
I heard jets youth had same starting side that played Olympic on wed night member,bar finlayson that got sent off. Too sharp for weston

Bremsstrahlung
28-04-2013, 12:24 AM
I dunno, Bradberry scored 4. FFS, how is he not getting a look in for the first team.

TheBean
28-04-2013, 12:40 AM
did we all see Jaffas picked up Jobe? - talk about a Wheely good midfield :fap:

Premy
28-04-2013, 01:24 AM
Ok it's comparing apples and oranges but a few season ago in the EPL I remember Ian Hollaway being fined by the F.A for fielding a weaker side against ManU he changed his full first XI. After being fined by the F.A he came out a said it was Bullshit for a governing body to tell him what his best side is he has a squad of 30+ players who are the F.A to tell him who he should play. At the end of the day Clayton Zane has I presume 20+ players who are you to tell him who he can and can't use for the first XI FFS he is the manager of the squad not you lot deal with it

Zico
28-04-2013, 01:54 AM
Weston were flat and ugly tonight. The Jets sharpness cut them to bits and deserved the win.
Must say though the Bears need a pat on the back as it was a great crowd at Bear Park and the old boys day was fantstic to see, even for a Magic tragic.
I did notice that every time the Jets scored it was dead silent at the ground. Why doesnt the so called die hard fans like MFKS travel or is the old problem from last season that a 30 min drive equal a road trip for the Jets youth and supporters?

Fairgo
28-04-2013, 02:37 AM
Thank you to Northern and the Jets for initiating the Jets into the NBN comp. It has nothing but increased the standard of football within this region and given our local kids a pathway locally rather then having the added financial and timely exercise of having to travel to other areas to chase their dream. Sick of hearing the close minded, tall poppy syndrome affected people and whingers, the only ask or affect to clubs is to host ONE (1) extra home game per season which would be a financial benefit (you would think). Wouldn't you think these clubs would take pride in giving these kids opportunity to play and develop in this comp the majority not paid a cent or below $100 a game. The kids have worked hard to get where they are committed and juggle their time as well, most are still at school, Uni or Tafe so don't train all-day as suggested. BEST THING THAT HAS HAPPENED TO A TIRED COMP LESS LONGBALL AND CHASE.

seldom
28-04-2013, 02:49 AM
That "tired comp" you refer to has lasted many a year and will last many more with or without the jets yoof.I really dont give a rats if they're in it or not but people like you who believe this comp was only "longball and chase" before they arrived is a main reason for the animosity imo.If this is MFKFCs multi you've hooked me

Fairgo
28-04-2013, 03:18 AM
" LESS LONGBALL AND CHASE" did not say "only longball and chase" and yes agree have been a regular spectator for 25 years just saying the standard has picked up that is all.

ForeverRed
28-04-2013, 07:15 AM
Thank you to Northern and the Jets for initiating the Jets into the NBN comp. It has nothing but increased the standard of football within this region and given our local kids a pathway locally rather then having the added financial and timely exercise of having to travel to other areas to chase their dream. Sick of hearing the close minded, tall poppy syndrome affected people and whingers, the only ask or affect to clubs is to host ONE (1) extra home game per season which would be a financial benefit (you would think). Wouldn't you think these clubs would take pride in giving these kids opportunity to play and develop in this comp the majority not paid a cent or below $100 a game. The kids have worked hard to get where they are committed and juggle their time as well, most are still at school, Uni or Tafe so don't train all-day as suggested. BEST THING THAT HAS HAPPENED TO A TIRED COMP LESS LONGBALL AND CHASE.
MFKS love child

ForeverRed
28-04-2013, 07:16 AM
Didn't go and watch sorry

ForeverRed
28-04-2013, 05:59 PM
Lakes 2 Southy 2
Magic 3 edgy 0
Charlestown 2 jaffas 2
Abe wheelhouse, Mitch cook, McGuire and Goodchild all sent off, finished 10 v 8

TheBean
28-04-2013, 06:21 PM
that jaffas charlestown game was crazy! think some lads were keen to get outta the sun a little early, so got the ref to give them an early shower

Raw Boned Youngster
28-04-2013, 09:06 PM
was at Weston on Saturday- was impressed with a few of the lads in the under 23s - th e little number 6 ( Andrew something) was busy, energetic and did some good things and also the central defender ( number 3 - Marcus something) did some classy things and looked very composed on the ball. great day and fantastic to see some of the stars of yesteryear strutting their stuff, with plenty more Bears' legends watching on.

MFKS
28-04-2013, 10:03 PM
Weston were flat and ugly tonight. The Jets sharpness cut them to bits and deserved the win.
Must say though the Bears need a pat on the back as it was a great crowd at Bear Park and the old boys day was fantstic to see, even for a Magic tragic.
I did notice that every time the Jets scored it was dead silent at the ground. Why doesnt the so called die hard fans like MFKS travel or is the old problem from last season that a 30 min drive equal a road trip for the Jets youth and supporters?

Apologies Zico that you feel I have let you down as I couldn't make the game as I had another commitment that I couldn't get out of. Work at present is a bit out of ****ing control and I don't quite have the time on my hands that I would like to enjoy my past times.

Last season I did though manage to catch both the Jets Yoof Games at Weston. Assuming my schedule is good I will also be back at the next Jets Yoof game in Weston.

MFKS
28-04-2013, 10:07 PM
That "tired comp" you refer to has lasted many a year and will last many more with or without the jets yoof.I really dont give a rats if they're in it or not but people like you who believe this comp was only "longball and chase" before they arrived is a main reason for the animosity imo.If this is MFKFCs multi you've hooked me

Fair go Seldom I ain't shy enough to conceal my thoughts on anything am I?? I also don't care if my views are universally endorsed by the foz or not.

Multis are beneath me. This bloke is either a genuine new poster or someone elses Multi.

Don't blame me for anything he says

Guiltykeep
28-04-2013, 10:15 PM
was at Weston on Saturday- was impressed with a few of the lads in the under 23s - th e little number 6 ( Andrew something) was busy, energetic and did some good things and also the central defender ( number 3 - Marcus something) did some classy things and looked very composed on the ball. great day and fantastic to see some of the stars of yesteryear strutting their stuff, with plenty more Bears' legends watching on.

Marcus Duncan ex Southy player

The Baby Piglet
29-04-2013, 04:51 PM
Just out of curiosity does anyone know what days and times the jets youth team train ?

Fairgo
29-04-2013, 07:05 PM
Just out of curiosity does anyone know what days and times the jets youth team train ?

I was speaking to one of the players the other week and asked this question he said it varies but at that stage they were training Mon Wed Fri 4.30 - 6

TheBean
30-04-2013, 12:13 PM
has anyone noticed this thread sucks cos its just you lot constantly arguing about jets youth?? this despite the fact there is already a thread specifically for you all to argue about jets youth http://www.newcastlefootball.net/forum/showthread.php?551-2013-Jets-Yoof-State-League-Campaign

cobra23
30-04-2013, 03:57 PM
has anyone noticed this thread sucks cos its just you lot constantly arguing about jets youth?? this despite the fact there is already a thread specifically for you all to argue about jets youth http://www.newcastlefootball.net/forum/showthread.php?551-2013-Jets-Yoof-State-League-Campaign

Yeah there is Mr Bean, but that would be for the a-league season, it is now the NBN State League season, so maybe that is why they are doing it,
But agree about too much talk about Jets and not other NBN teams.

MFKS
30-04-2013, 04:19 PM
Yeah there is Mr Bean, but that would be for the a-league season, it is now the NBN State League season, so maybe that is why they are doing it,
But agree about too much talk about Jets and not other NBN teams. Some here follow the Jets Yoof team and others wish to argue about the Jets Yoof team and factors in their favour.

No one is stopping anyone from posting about other NBN teams. Get to it and start discussing other NBN teams if thats what you want to do.

ForeverRed
30-04-2013, 05:01 PM
Edgeworth are playing Azzurri tonight in a deferred fixture , they also have a state cup game tomorrow night, wonder what sort of line up will front up for the state cup match

hawk
30-04-2013, 05:14 PM
Some here follow the Jets Yoof team and others wish to argue about the Jets Yoof team and factors in their favour.

No one is stopping anyone from posting about other NBN teams. Get to it and start discussing other NBN teams if thats what you want to do.

So, who are jets playin on the w/e?

MFKS
30-04-2013, 05:32 PM
Jaffas on Saturday at 2:30pm at Arthur Edden

immersion
30-04-2013, 06:02 PM
Edgeworth are playing Azzurri tonight in a deferred fixture , they also have a state cup game tomorrow night, wonder what sort of line up will front up for the state cup match

Yes that will be interesting.

Another interesting aspect i feel will be what kind of team Azzurri put out after the debacle on the weekend?

The Magician
01-05-2013, 12:39 AM
edgy v charley 3-3 draw tonight, only one catch up game remaining- jaffas vs lakes

The Magician
01-05-2013, 12:41 AM

i suppose this might answer your question...

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1469319/jaffas-forced-to-ring-changes/?cs=306

ForeverRed
02-05-2013, 07:20 PM
NBN state league hi-lights are on SBS, the world game web site, nice to get some recognition from a national broadcaster

stopper2
03-05-2013, 09:34 PM
I'm assuming NBN must provide sponsorship to have the naming rights for the NNSW State league but apart from that what do they actually do to pomote the competition? Haven't seen any ad yet for this season and the highlights on Saturday and Sunday of the matches last about 20 seconds at best while mid-week there is virtually nothing about up-coming rounds.

MFKS
04-05-2013, 01:34 PM
I'm assuming NBN must provide sponsorship to have the naming rights for the NNSW State league but apart from that what do they actually do to pomote the competition? Haven't seen any ad yet for this season and the highlights on Saturday and Sunday of the matches last about 20 seconds at best while mid-week there is virtually nothing about up-coming rounds.

About 20 Years ago they use to have some lame arse add on with the fixtures for the weekend.

dededededede Soccer dededededede Soccer over and over.

Was so lame :blush:

Tommyjet
04-05-2013, 04:40 PM
Any stu musialik yet whoever is at the jaffas jets game?

Zico
04-05-2013, 05:55 PM
They get the naming rights for no up front fee with the understanding they will promote the league which we all know isn't happening.

ForeverRed
04-05-2013, 06:17 PM
Jaffas v jets result anyone

De-Champ
04-05-2013, 06:25 PM
About 20 Years ago they use to have some lame arse add on with the fixtures for the weekend.

dededededede Soccer dededededede Soccer over and over.

Was so lame :blush:

It was a copy of the QLD federation add

magician
04-05-2013, 07:18 PM
Jaffas v jets result anyone

2-2

wannabe
04-05-2013, 07:33 PM
Any score at magic

ForeverRed
04-05-2013, 08:49 PM
Jaffas v jets , 2 all
Magic v lakes, 4 all
Didn't see either game

the_fozz
04-05-2013, 09:35 PM
Jaffas v Jets
u/17 Jets 5-2
u/19 Jaffas 4-2 (with 10 men for last 25)
u/23 Jets 3-0
1st - 2-2 (As ForeverRed mentioned)

ForeverRed
05-05-2013, 06:30 PM
weston 2 azzurri 2
edgeworth 3 phoenix nil
olympic 1 south cardiff nil
i dont mind getting beat as I thought the gunners played some nice football but failed to finish, olympic do play a lot of long ball, very boring to watch, however what grinds my gear was one of the more blatant off side goals you will ever want to see, what the linesman was watching I will never know, even the olympic player stopped, good luck to olympic but FFS linesmen pull your head in

MFKS
05-05-2013, 06:40 PM
weston 2 azzurri 2
edgeworth 3 phoenix nil
i dont mind getting beat as I thought the gunners played some nice football but failed to finish, olympic do play a lot of long ball, very boring to watch, however what grinds my gear was one of the more blatant off side goals you will ever want to see, what the linesman was watching I will never know, even the olympic player stopped, good luck to olympic but FFS linesmen pull your head in

So Forever Red you are starting to come round to the reality of the NBN League with the amount of hoof ball.

Hate to say I told you so:rof:

FaroeMassive
05-05-2013, 06:43 PM
Question for those in the know.

I was at the Jaffas vs Jets matches yesterday and I noticed that in the U17's fixture the Jets had 4 of their U16's squad on the bench. The match was a good even contest in the first half with the Jaffas taking the lead and the Jets equalising just before half-time.

At half time the Jets introduced the U16's players, and this noticeably changed the match with one of the U16's scoring 2 and setting up one of their 4 second half goals.

I'm not sure what the rule is and it doesn't really matter as these grades are all in the name of development anyway. However as the Jets agreed to play U15's, U16's, and U18's squads in the three lower grades (17's,19's,23's) are they allowed to play players who are older than the agreed age group in those grades if they are still under the age limit of the actual competition rules. For example, can a Jets 15 year old turning 16 this year play in the U17's for the Jets or do all players who are playing for the Jets in that competition have to be U15, so turning maximum 15 this year?

As I said it at the end of the day it doesn't matter, but it was just an interesting question that I heard during the day that nobody seemed to know the answer to.

ForeverRed
05-05-2013, 06:49 PM
So Forever Red you are starting to come round to the reality of the NBN League with the amount of hoof ball.

Hate to say I told you so:rof:

there the first club ive seen do it this year, so its not a huge percentage, just dissapointing that they won a comp last year doing it

MFKS
05-05-2013, 07:01 PM
there the first club ive seen do it this year, so its not a huge percentage, just dissapointing that they won a comp last year doing it

So you have your eyes stapled shut when watching Southy???

magician
05-05-2013, 07:30 PM
So you have your eyes stapled shut when watching Southy???

He is too busy yelling abuse to notice southy hoofing it long, never have I seen a centre back move up into the midfield/ fwd line just to win a header from there own goal kicks.

ForeverRed
05-05-2013, 07:45 PM
He is too busy yelling abuse to notice southy hoofing it long, never have I seen a centre back move up into the midfield/ fwd line just to win a header from there own goal kicks.
What ever stupid

dingdong
05-05-2013, 07:52 PM

Doesn't say too much about the rest of the comp then.

wannabe
05-05-2013, 08:57 PM

How many comps is it your mob have won now forever red.

wannabe
05-05-2013, 09:00 PM

Haha magician,saw that today as well. All this crap about Southy trying to play and Olympic knocking the long ball, and Southy telling the keeper to wait until their 7ft centre back got forward to flick a header on

wannabe
05-05-2013, 09:04 PM
weston 2 azzurri 2
edgeworth 3 phoenix nil
Go back and watch the limited highlights on nbn news forever red.looked onside on the news and I don't see where you come up with the comment "even the olympic player stopped". The news just showed him running onto the through ball. I didn't notice him stop?

Forever Green
05-05-2013, 09:06 PM
weston 2 azzurri 2
edgeworth 3 phoenix nil

Sore loser... No point blaming linesmen and long balls...

The Baby Piglet
05-05-2013, 09:32 PM
Come on guys we all know ForeverRed is a one eye supporter :tongue: although i do expect southy to be in the semi's this yr. I think steve piggot is most one of the better coaches in the league

ForeverRed
05-05-2013, 09:43 PM

Sore loser... No point blaming linesmen and long balls...
If you could read you will notice I stated I didn't mind getting beat because I thought south Cardiff played well, not sure how you got sore loser out of that buddy

ForeverRed
05-05-2013, 09:46 PM

Go back and watch the limited highlights on nbn news forever red.looked onside on the news and I don't see where you come up with the comment "even the olympic player stopped". The news just showed him running onto the through ball. I didn't notice him stop?
Exactly, the news just showed him running on to a through ball, your statement, so you wouldn't see him stop or the off side, think about it

wannabe
05-05-2013, 10:09 PM
Exactly, the news just showed him running on to a through ball, your statement, so you wouldn't see him stop or the off side, think about it

They should have all played to the whistle like we are taught in under 6s

the_fozz
05-05-2013, 10:25 PM
They should have all played to the whistle like we are taught in under 6s

Maybe if the Southy keeper was quicker off his line this discussion would be non-existent? That is how it appeared to look on TV anyway.

late_to_the_game
05-05-2013, 11:03 PM
To answer the Jets youth question, they have 10 x U14's, 10 x U15's and 10 x U16's across the two U15 and U16 teams. Several of the U14's are overseas this week, so I suspect some of the U15's who normally play in the U16 team (in the 19's) were pulled back to make up the numbers.

ForeverRed
06-05-2013, 07:25 AM
Maybe if the Southy keeper was quicker off his line this discussion would be non-existent? That is how it appeared to look on TV anyway.
Maybe if the officials did there job we would not be having this dicussion

Imyourhero
06-05-2013, 12:16 PM
TV footage was pretty poor angle and from memory you didn't even see the transition of initial pass through to the receiving of the ball.

Fairgo
06-05-2013, 01:09 PM
Maybe if the officials did there job we would not be having this dicussion

From what I witnessed on the weekend I am surprised we still have officials willing to turn up each week. The wanker that stood at the tunnel both halftime and fulltime verbally abusing the officials was nothing short of disgraceful. Clubs need to address this type of behaviour so we can continue to have officials willing to do there job without fear of people like that.

plague
06-05-2013, 01:13 PM
Come on guys we all know ForeverRed is a one eye supporter

I've got to stick up for my man ForeverRed here. He's not a 'one eyed supporter'.
It just so happens his team has never ever lost a game of football without it being the fault of the refs, linesmen, canteen crew, away support, squad rotation, the Illuminati, NNSW conspiracy, Broadmeadow Magic bias, Global Warming, deliberate ground tampering and about a billion other reasons I can't quite remember right now.

Other than that he's just like us so please don't pick on him.
Thanks.

Bremsstrahlung
06-05-2013, 04:38 PM
It just so happens his team has never ever lost a game of football without it being the fault of the refs, linesmen, canteen crew, away support, squad rotation, the Illuminati, NNSW conspiracy, Broadmeadow Magic bias, Global Warming, deliberate ground tampering and about a billion other reasons I can't quite remember right now.

This pretty much sums up 95% of people on the Jets page (including some people bagging out Forever Red). Blaming refs, linesmen, Hunter stadium beer, Gypo hate, GVE not playing good squads, FFA loving Sydney/Melbourne, Nitro circus ruining the pitch....
There are some vast double standards between the 2.

Seriously, Forever Red may be able to answer my question though. The Under 23s there at Southy were a class above last year. Now they are 0 from 4 and last. Did they lose alot of players or players pushing first grade or?

ForeverRed
06-05-2013, 05:05 PM
lost 7 players, mainly due to not playing, 3 went to other clubs, keeper now playing first grade, etc,

MFKS
06-05-2013, 09:11 PM
Shame on you blokes.

I pick up on one small point he made about long ball play to justify a debate we have had in the past and you guys waste a page of the thread stirring him.
:whistling::rof:

plague
06-05-2013, 09:19 PM
Im not knocking my man ForeverRed at all Member.
According to Craig Kerry's match report you are both right.

The Gunners had a goal reversed in the 10th minute by a linesman's call and lost to a goal from Clayton Poole in the 39th minute where the scorer appeared to come from an offside position.

It handed South Cardiff their first defeat of the state league season.

In a physical game with an abundance of long balls, the Gunners appeared marginally the better side.

wannabe
06-05-2013, 10:09 PM
Im not knocking my man ForeverRed at all Member.
According to Craig Kerry's match report you are both right.

Kerry couldn't report on a game of tiddlywinks . Nnsw website nbn review more accurate

MFKS
06-05-2013, 10:18 PM
Whether Kerry can't report on a game of Tiddlywinks is irrelevant.

He got the long ball part nailed down pat.

Wasn't at the game but the busiest bloke at Olympic would be the bloke who pumps the balls up after training and matches coz they would be flat as they have had the shit kicked out of them.

Other Foz posters have rightfully crucified Southys long ball shenanigans

So Kerry has deadset nailed it in his summary for mine

Zico
07-05-2013, 10:24 AM
For ****sake MFKS we are chatting about the NBN League.
All coaches try to coach a decent style of football but some of these blokes who are playing first grade now didn't have the coachng in their early days that the young fellas now get and as a result they know no different. Coaches also have to coach to the cattle they have and if the short passing game doesn't work for your players available then why play it?
I can see you in a few years when the Tika Taka football fad has moved on and some coach thats "before his time" decides to play counter attack football (god forbid) to win the Spanish League or Premier League, you will be singing their praises and shouting for the long diagonal runs onto the 30 mt ball in behind the defence.

The Baby Piglet
07-05-2013, 11:38 AM
Well said Zico.

Jardelsimage
07-05-2013, 07:02 PM
cant help my self here, all you blokes get on and tell everyone else how bad things are in the game, long ball, talent, jets yoof etc etc.
question for the main antagonist, MFKS where did you play to be such a great judge of the game.
shoot me down if i'm out place asking this, but have you played or coached at a decent level or are you one of these who thinks they know everything.

PS: I was at southy and yes he was offside, standing right inline.. cheers

MFKS
07-05-2013, 07:50 PM
For ****sake MFKS we are chatting about the NBN League.
All coaches try to coach a decent style of football but some of these blokes who are playing first grade now didn't have the coachng in their early days that the young fellas now get and as a result they know no different. Coaches also have to coach to the cattle they have and if the short passing game doesn't work for your players available then why play it?
I can see you in a few years when the Tika Taka football fad has moved on and some coach thats "before his time" decides to play counter attack football (god forbid) to win the Spanish League or Premier League, you will be singing their praises and shouting for the long diagonal runs onto the 30 mt ball in behind the defence.

Well Zico I will point the blatantly obvious out to you. Coaches in the NBN League still sign the players they want. The Clubs are also responsible for the development of their juniors. If a club continues to resign these 6ft 4 inches physical specimens whose idea of a controlled touch is a 40m hoof up the park then the buck stops with them. Either they release the long ball merchants and sign appropriate players with the skill sets for the game or they develop their juniors to a level that they are better than the athletes they currently have.

Coaches coach this way because they are one dimensional and short sighted.

Last I looked Olympic have some severley talented players on their books. They also have few difficulties in recruiting players they would want to sign. They also have an abundance of talent in their junior sides (mostly poached I Know) This being the case why do they play the long ball shit they do???

Maybe the buck has to stop with the Committees of clubs who appoint the coaches who continue to select brawn over brains at not just First Grade Level but at lower levels as well.

Many a time in my experience have I seen blokes with skill talent and ability left to rot on the sidelines as the bloke who can run for 90 minutes and physically dominate an opponent got the opportunities as the coach viewed the stronger physical attributes as more important. This is plain well not ****ing right in my book

MFKS
07-05-2013, 07:52 PM
cant help my self here, all you blokes get on and tell everyone else how bad things are in the game, long ball, talent, jets yoof etc etc.
question for the main antagonist, MFKS where did you play to be such a great judge of the game.
shoot me down if i'm out place asking this, but have you played or coached at a decent level or are you one of these who thinks they know everything.

PS: I was at southy and yes he was offside, standing right inline.. cheers

I did play at NBN Level back in the day

seldom
07-05-2013, 07:53 PM
Well Zico I will point the blatantly obvious out to you. Coaches in the NBN League still sign the players they want. The Clubs are also responsible for the development of their juniors. If a club continues to resign these 6ft 4 inches physical specimens whose idea of a controlled touch is a 40m hoof up the park then the buck stops with them. Either they release the long ball merchants and sign appropriate players with the skill sets for the game or they develop their juniors to a level that they are better than the athletes they currently have.

Last I looked Olympic have some severley talented players on their books. They also have few difficulties in recruiting players they would want to sign. They also have an abundance of talent in their junior sides (mostly poached I Know) This being the case why do they play the long ball shit they do???

Maybe the buck has to stop with the Committees of clubs who appoint the coaches who continue to select brawn over brains at not just First Grade Level but at lower levels as well.

Many a time in my experience have I seen blokes with skill talent and ability left to rot on the sidelines as the bloke who can run for 90 minutes and physically dominate an opponent got the opportunities as the coach viewed the stronger physical attributes as more important. This is plain well not ****ing right in my book

Absolute dribble

MFKS
07-05-2013, 08:08 PM
Absolute dribble

Touch a nerve did I??

seldom
07-05-2013, 08:55 PM

You sound like a disgruntled parent to me....as the saying goes"If coaches start listening to nobodies in the stand,pretty soon they're sitting next to them"

magician
07-05-2013, 09:35 PM
Touch a nerve did I??
Clown, pretty much sums you up!!! I take it you were one who was left out because others were physically stronger! Truth was you were rubbish.

MFKS
07-05-2013, 09:39 PM
You sound like a disgruntled parent to me....as the saying goes"If coaches start listening to nobodies in the stand,pretty soon they're sitting next to them"

Don't have kids.

Rather pointed to note you who disagree with me are having fun trying to justify my right to an opinion by what level I played at and now that I am some disgruntled parent. You ain't even close.

End of the day these clubs deserve the criticism I am giving them for their ineptness. In the last 20 years only one club has improved in my eyes in Newy and that is Magic. Olympic have treaded water and not really pushed on and the rest of them have gone nowhere stuck in a time warp with poor management where the committees seem to think they need a pat on the back and a medal for their efforts and the coaches need a tickertape parade for barely being able to produce players who can play at HAL/NSL Level.

Newy has its own Federation the 3rd biggest in Australia backing it and in all the 30 odd years of National Competition we have had`1 title. 3 seasons where we were a chance of winning .6 seasons where we made the play offs all this came off the back of blokes who were not from Newy and we can barely name a few blokes who represented Socceroos and nearly any fan outside of Newy would be cluthcing at straws to rememeber who the **** they were.

Yet the clubs who are allegedly responsible for the success/failure of Football in Newy want a pat on the back from me for their ineptness that sees us a laughing stock.

Cry me a river

MFKS
07-05-2013, 09:41 PM
Clown, pretty much sums you up!!! I take it you were one who was left out because others were physically stronger! Truth was you were rubbish.

Keep clutching boys.

I achieved the level I did and went no further because that was the level of my talents. No More no Less.

No I also wasn't harshly dealt with by coaches. They chose to pick me or stop picking me for sides on merit and I have no gripe with that

Zico
07-05-2013, 09:58 PM

You have issues MFKS, big issues!!!

MFKS
07-05-2013, 10:09 PM

News Flash everyone is already aware of that:roflz:

prawnhead
07-05-2013, 10:31 PM
I did play at NBN Level back in the day

MFKS when was your day? What years did you play NBN? How did you find the coaches you had back in the day?

MFKS
07-05-2013, 10:34 PM
MFKS when was your day? What years did you play NBN? How did you find the coaches you had back in the day?

one or two good ones most poor. 90's

hawk
07-05-2013, 10:43 PM
lost 7 players, mainly due to not playing, 3 went to other clubs, keeper now playing first grade, etc,

this is the biggest disappointment. fairly talented kids who get disillusioned with a club/the game then quit, hit the piss and be ffat knts.

tiky taky looks the best but long ball gets golas...

Captain Obvious
07-05-2013, 10:56 PM

Hello to you as well

Jardelsimage
08-05-2013, 07:02 AM
QUOTE:(Newy has its own Federation the 3rd biggest in Australia backing it and in all the 30 odd years of National Competition we have had`1 title. 3 seasons where we were a chance of winning .6 seasons where we made the play offs all this came off the back of blokes who were not from Newy and we can barely name a few blokes who represented Socceroos and nearly any fan outside of Newy would be cluthcing at straws to rememeber who the **** they were.)

we might be the 3rd biggest, but a lot of that is due to geographical area I believe, is it not. you take north of singo out and we are rather small.

As for Magic they have set the bar high in terms of improvement, especially now they have lights, but when the NNSWFA keeps feeding them money by giving them GF etc it does make it easier.(and no I am not bashing magic here either) to bring in the better coaches etc etc.

the bottom line is everyone has a chance to say, what they think and see, but if it pisses you off that much don't go, turn on the Fox and watch the comps that we all want the NBN and the jets to be, but sadly will never happen.
Me i'll go and watch my local sides and enjoy a couple of ales with the mates, bag who we can, cheer when we can, bitch when we can, that's football.................
last one MFKS maybe you should take up coaching......

magician
08-05-2013, 07:12 AM
Don't have kids.

Rather pointed to note you who disagree with me are having fun trying to justify my right to an opinion by what level I played at and now that I am some disgruntled parent. You ain't even close.

End of the day these clubs deserve the criticism I am giving them for their ineptness. In the last 20 years only one club has improved in my eyes in Newy and that is Magic. Olympic have treaded water and not really pushed on and the rest of them have gone nowhere stuck in a time warp with poor management where the committees seem to think they need a pat on the back and a medal for their efforts and the coaches need a tickertape parade for barely being able to produce players who can play at HAL/NSL Level.

Newy has its own Federation the 3rd biggest in Australia backing it and in all the 30 odd years of National Competition we have had`1 title. 3 seasons where we were a chance of winning .6 seasons where we made the play offs all this came off the back of blokes who were not from Newy and we can barely name a few blokes who represented Socceroos and nearly any fan outside of Newy would be cluthcing at straws to rememeber who the **** they were.

Yet the clubs who are allegedly responsible for the success/failure of Football in Newy want a pat on the back from me for their ineptness that sees us a laughing stock.

Cry me a river

For someone who has slaughtered newy football and thinks its the worst in Australia, you still attend games. You must have a very boring life

BodyNovo
08-05-2013, 09:15 AM
Lambton v Lakes tonight in a rescheduled match. 8pm kickoff for 1st grade

@ Arthur Edden Oval Lambton

is wheelhouse playing tonight? going to head in want to see Ireland play in goals anyways.

dingdong
08-05-2013, 09:22 AM

that's football in Australia for you. I don't know why so many people are hammering the local league. I cant remember watching any team in the NBN league keep the ball for than 10 passes. Realize that it's a semi- professional comp deal with it. These blokes train for 2 days a week a grand total of 3-4 hrs. What can they possibly learn in that amount of time? The beautiful "tiki taka" that barcelona play?

FaroeMassive
08-05-2013, 09:44 AM
I don't understand what the whole argument is about.

It is common knowledge that Australian Football has lacked any form of consistent youth development structure and that the standards of Football at State League level nationwide aren't where they need to be if we are to become a Footballing force as a nation.

We don't have enough skilled coaches and have for many years focused too much on the physical side of the game rather than the technical and tactical side. They're are just the facts.

Having said that though, the NBN State League has made huge strides forward in the last 3 or so years in terms of professionalism etc. There is still plenty of work to do, however the standards are improving. It's not something that will change overnight.

Coaches are now being better educated, our elite youth players are being exposed to better coaching and our top clubs are working really hard to structure themselves properly and focus on the right facets to enhance the quality of development our players receive.

It's not perfect but the wheels are in motion.

Zico
08-05-2013, 10:27 AM
I don't understand what the whole argument is about.

It is common knowledge that Australian Football has lacked any form of consistent youth development structure and that the standards of Football at State League level nationwide aren't where they need to be if we are to become a Footballing force as a nation.

We don't have enough skilled coaches and have for many years focused too much on the physical side of the game rather than the technical and tactical side. They're are just the facts.

Having said that though, the NBN State League has made huge strides forward in the last 3 or so years in terms of professionalism etc. There is still plenty of work to do, however the standards are improving. It's not something that will change overnight.

Coaches are now being better educated, our elite youth players are being exposed to better coaching and our top clubs are working really hard to structure themselves properly and focus on the right facets to enhance the quality of development our players receive.

It's not perfect but the wheels are in motion.
Well said. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Imyourhero
08-05-2013, 12:10 PM
The beauty of football in my opinion is that the entertainment structure is built around the concept of varying tactics, skills and mentalities battling it out for 90 minutes to see who can take their chances and win the game. There is no BEST way to play the game, it is all completely subjective to coaches, commitees, players and supporters. If "tika taka" football was theultimate style then teams like Barcelona would be undefeated throughout all competitions..but they aren't, in fact alot of the times that you see teams hammer them for e.g. bayern, madrid- these are teams that have mastered their own complete opposite tactic of counter attacking football and will often have times where there are very low passing numbers between transition of defending to scoring.

We have all seen with our own eyes the past 12 months by watching the jets that the amount of passes a team makes does not directly correlate with the domination of teams, the scoring of goals and the winning of games. You can have all the possession you want in a game of football and look very pretty however if you do nothing with the possession then you are wasting everyone's time. There is no right or wrong way to play football, if you enjoy a certain style of football and cannot handle any other then only watch games where you know this style will be played but this does not mean that you have the right to put down other styles and label them as of lesser value.

In MY opinion a good team is able to play "tika taka" against a particular opponent that requires that style to be deployed, and then play effective counter-attacking football against a different opponent that struggle to deal with it.

namwob99
08-05-2013, 01:19 PM
The beauty of football in my opinion is that the entertainment structure is built around the concept of varying tactics, skills and mentalities battling it out for 90 minutes to see who can take their chances and win the game. There is no BEST way to play the game, it is all completely subjective to coaches, commitees, players and supporters. If "tika taka" football was theultimate style then teams like Barcelona would be undefeated throughout all competitions..but they aren't, in fact alot of the times that you see teams hammer them for e.g. bayern, madrid- these are teams that have mastered their own complete opposite tactic of counter attacking football and will often have times where there are very low passing numbers between transition of defending to scoring.

We have all seen with our own eyes the past 12 months by watching the jets that the amount of passes a team makes does not directly correlate with the domination of teams, the scoring of goals and the winning of games. You can have all the possession you want in a game of football and look very pretty however if you do nothing with the possession then you are wasting everyone's time. There is no right or wrong way to play football, if you enjoy a certain style of football and cannot handle any other then only watch games where you know this style will be played but this does not mean that you have the right to put down other styles and label them as of lesser value.

In MY opinion a good team is able to play "tika taka" against a particular opponent that requires that style to be deployed, and then play effective counter-attacking football against a different opponent that struggle to deal with it.

Agree 100%

Premy
08-05-2013, 01:21 PM

You're my hero, hit the nail on the head I'm sick of all this oh we have to play this way blah blah we're not Brazil, Netherlands, Spain, England or Germany we're Australia let's play football our way high tempo physical counter football in my opinion is what Australians are best at we got to the round of 16 in a World Cup and almost went further minus a brain snap from Neill. Lets work on what we do best and make it better rather then what Foster and Co are calling the future of football. Oh and please spare me the big picture look towards the future bullshit

chocolate soldier
08-05-2013, 11:50 PM
jaffas 2- lakes 0 in first grade
think it ended up 3-1 to lakes in 23's

TheBean
09-05-2013, 12:44 AM
yep 3-1 to lakes, firsts 2-0 to jaffas.
Lakes never really got going, Jaffas ran the show (in my biased opinion). Ireland was forced into a couple of smart saves, i will admit.

ForeverRed
10-05-2013, 07:28 AM
Are valentine serious, who on earth would have a drug user around young footballers

plague
10-05-2013, 08:57 AM
Are valentine serious, who on earth would have a drug user around young footballers
Oh wow.
So there's apparently ONE footballer in the NBN league who has taken recreational drugs.
Yes, barring him would clean the problem right up.

ForeverRed
10-05-2013, 09:42 AM
Oh wow.
So there's apparently ONE footballer in the NBN league who has taken recreational drugs.
Yes, barring him would clean the problem right up.

He got caught, move him on, he needs to be made an example of, cocaine leads to many things all bad in life, I have no remorse for this bloke whatsoever, what your saying is its ok to do drugs, great example that is

plague
10-05-2013, 11:58 AM
He got caught, move him on, he needs to be made an example of, cocaine leads to many things all bad in life, I have no remorse for this bloke whatsoever, what your saying is its ok to do drugs, great example that is

Nah, what I'm saying is that if you think Troy Hearfield is the only player in NBN who has used (or is currently using) recreational drugs then you are quite the fool.
Never broken a law in your life champ?
That view from Mt Pious must be fairly breathtaking.

plague
10-05-2013, 12:01 PM

Also, by reading your post in real time it makes me think you've just racked up a couple of fat ones yourself.
Use a full stop and take a breath every now and then.

MFKS
10-05-2013, 12:14 PM

I agree Forever Red - No way should an NBN Club be showing sympathy lenience to be associated with a drug cheat about to be banned. But then again there are many amateur decisions made by those running NBN clubs so this doesn't surprise me

GazFish35
10-05-2013, 12:18 PM

The whole of rugby league is built on this concept.

hawk
10-05-2013, 12:28 PM

biggest issue is why is he hanging around football teams. More suited to allage and big head contests.

plague
10-05-2013, 12:28 PM
I agree Forever Red

I'll be in my bunker til its safe to come out.

plague
10-05-2013, 12:36 PM
Stop making fun of ForeverRed you guys.
Blokes trying to save the world.
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVYuXIoxLwmKQ94HzjQ8ZfxXyMzEnB1 w1WhlNMxQ69ezeLbTKdEQ

ForeverRed
10-05-2013, 12:46 PM
Nah, what I'm saying is that if you think Troy Hearfield is the only player in NBN who has used (or is currently using) recreational drugs then you are quite the fool.
Never broken a law in your life champ?
That view from Mt Pious must be fairly breathtaking.
Never did I mention any other players or did I say he was the only player, I said he was the one that got caught, cop it sweet, you must be his mum the way you condone this filthy habit

plague
10-05-2013, 01:22 PM
Never did I mention any other players or did I say he was the only player, I said he was the one that got caught, cop it sweet, you must be his mum the way you condone this filthy habit

'condone this filthy habit'? ahhhh thanks G.W. Bush (if you're not with us, you're against us).
So while you are on your crusade to rid the world of evil you might want to consider a little thing we like to call the rules and regulations.

He is still awaiting the findings of a tribunal hearing held in late March and faces a ban of between one and five years which is likely to be backdated to the start of his provisional suspension

So in fact it doesn't seem like hes doing anything wrong by having a kick (innocent until proven guilty and all that). Maybe you should wait til the people in charge hand down his suspension before rounding up the locals for a lynching.
If hes suspended then all parties must abide by the decision. Until then maybe you should pipe it down a bit there Batman.

North Korea, Iraq and Valentine, the new axis of evil.

Zico
10-05-2013, 01:50 PM
I agree Forever Red - No way should an NBN Club be showing sympathy lenience to be associated with a drug cheat about to be banned. But then again there are many amateur decisions made by those running NBN clubs so this doesn't surprise me
Why are you so ****n bitter towards everything in the local league? Typical fence sitter who bags the **** out of everybody for giving up their time and having a go at running a club in a semi pro comp! You are clearly an ideas man MFKS, so please get off your fat arse and put some of your talk into action or just shut the **** up!

ForeverRed
10-05-2013, 01:57 PM
'condone this filthy habit'? ahhhh thanks G.W. Bush (if you're not with us, you're against us).
So while you are on your crusade to rid the world of evil you might want to consider a little thing we like to call the rules and regulations.

So in fact it doesn't seem like hes doing anything wrong by having a kick (innocent until proven guilty and all that). Maybe you should wait til the people in charge hand down his suspension before rounding up the locals for a lynching.
If hes suspended then all parties must abide by the decision. Until then maybe you should pipe it down a bit there Batman.

North Korea, Iraq and Valentine, the new axis of evil.
So it's true, your not only hearfields mum, you MFKS sister also

plague
10-05-2013, 02:01 PM
So it's true, your not only hearfields mum, you MFKS sister also

'you're', and then probably 'you are'

But anyway, good job by you.

GazFish35
10-05-2013, 02:53 PM
At least all this dribble keeps the hit count ticking over.

cobra23
10-05-2013, 02:53 PM
'you're', and then probably 'you are'

But anyway, good job by you.

Mrs Hearfield,
I did not know you were school teacher...

plague
10-05-2013, 03:00 PM
Mrs Hearfield,
I did not know you were school teacher...

I had no idea I was a school teacher or Mrs Hearfield.
The things you learn on the foz.

plague
10-05-2013, 03:01 PM
At least all this dribble keeps the hit count ticking over.

Could be worse, he hasn't mentioned a Magic conspiracy lately.

MFKS
10-05-2013, 03:34 PM
Why are you so ****n bitter towards everything in the local league? Typical fence sitter who bags the **** out of everybody for giving up their time and having a go at running a club in a semi pro comp! You are clearly an ideas man MFKS, so please get off your fat arse and put some of your talk into action or just shut the **** up!

oohhhh Poor Zico.

Lets just get a couple of things straight here.

MFKS thinks the NBN league and their clubs are piss poorly run and should be going much better. My opinion. You will find in my posts I a pretty consistent with this view. Learn to accept this and we will save a lot of time and you a lot of heartache.

You obviously feel that these joints should be shown leniency for their unprofessionalism. I follow that.

Now that we are on the same page explain to me why a semi pro club such as Valo would be associating themselves with a player currently suspended for drug use. My view as a fence sitter with a big mouth would be this wouldn't be a good look for the clubs reputation image and a poor way to attract future sponsors. That being said apparently it is alright to do this according to you as the people running these clubs amatuerly do so in their own time and are having a go so should be exempt from any criticism of their efforts which are mostly done to stoke their own egos whilst hiding behind the mantra of doing whats best for the kids and club???

plague
10-05-2013, 04:25 PM
Now that we are on the same page explain to me why a semi pro club such as Valo would be associating themselves with a player currently suspended for drug use.

I'd say because of this

He is still awaiting the findings of a tribunal hearing held in late March and faces a ban of between one and five years which is likely to be backdated to the start of his provisional suspension
Apparently a free man until then.

Some of you blokes are missing the point anyway. Forget about the drugs, why would any club want to be associated with a former Gypo?
Thats the real disgrace here.

But carry on though.......

Premy
10-05-2013, 04:28 PM
Get the pies ready

namwob99
10-05-2013, 04:39 PM
Anyone else hoping this means Maize will come back?

MFKS
10-05-2013, 04:53 PM
I'd say because of this

Apparently a free man until then.

Some of you blokes are missing the point anyway. Forget about the drugs, why would any club want to be associated with a former Gypo?
Thats the real disgrace here.

But carry on though.......

You do raise a good point about being associated with a Gypo.

That being said any self respecting Newy organisation should have nothing to do with some one who is GYPO ASSOCIATED and currently not employed by them with such relevant issues hanging over them. It ain't a good look. Valo should no better

It would be poor form if some Newy company had Malcolm Naden appear as their spokesmen plugging their product whilst he awaits his fate.

Now another issue here that needs nipping in the bud here Plague is the presumpton of innocence. You did correctly state that he was Gypo. There goes any presumption of innocence.

Living in that Gypo drug fuelled shit hole he has no right to any presumption of innocence when everyone else down there is on drugs.

Guilty until proven innocent

plague
10-05-2013, 05:21 PM
It would be poor form if some Newy company had Malcolm Naden appear as their spokesmen plugging their product whilst he awaits his fate.

He's be a pretty believable pitch-man for Rays Outdoors stores.

MFKS
10-05-2013, 05:33 PM
He's be a pretty believable pitch-man for Rays Outdoors stores.

He would have some pull plugging a store like Rays Outdoors. They do sell some gear that he could have used and would have whilst living it large

I just don't know if the scores of outraged Novacastrians would be what Ray's Outdoors would be wanting to achieve

ForeverRed
10-05-2013, 05:51 PM
Back to the footy, I seen Bradbury training with first squad during the week, does anyone know if he's off to Singapore or edgeworth tomorrow

10-05-2013, 06:05 PM
^ Ask his manager in waiting. Where will he be member ?

CStein
10-05-2013, 07:45 PM
oohhhh Poor Zico.

MFKS thinks the NBN league and their clubs are piss poorly run and should be going much better. My opinion. You will find in my posts I a pretty consistent with this view. Learn to accept this and we will save a lot of time and you a lot of heartache.

You obviously feel that these joints should be shown leniency for their unprofessionalism. I follow that.

Now that we are on the same page explain to me why a semi pro club such as Valo would be associating themselves with a player currently suspended for drug use. My view as a fence sitter with a big mouth would be this wouldn't be a good look for the clubs reputation image and a poor way to attract future sponsors. That being said apparently it is alright to do this according to you as the people running these clubs amatuerly do so in their own time and are having a go so should be exempt from any criticism of their efforts which are mostly done to stoke their own egos whilst hiding behind the mantra of doing whats best for the kids and club???

Ok MFKS. Tell me this. Who is doing a good job in the local league, in any division? I know you are not being spiteful and are really about improving things so id like to know who and why some local teams deserve praise.

As for the drug use, get real and give the guy some room. It was recreational and not a performance enhancing thing, so who cares, like no one in our local league has never smoked a joint or other. Serious guys give the guy a break. It sounds like you all attend church on sundays. If we are worried about drugs in a social sense then we should be banning alcohol from our games, regardless of whether it is legal or not, because i can tell you that i am more offended at our games with unruly alcoholics than i am drug takers.

CStein
10-05-2013, 07:50 PM
The whole of rugby league is built on this concept.

I am happy to have a dig at thugby league any day of the week. They are drug cheats and take recreational drugs like it was powerade...

CStein
10-05-2013, 08:02 PM
QUOTE:As for Magic they have set the bar high in terms of improvement, especially now they have lights, but when the NNSWFA keeps feeding them money by giving them GF etc it does make it easier.(and no I am not bashing magic here either) to bring in the better coaches etc etc.

Oh im not having a go at Magic while i stick one in their ....

Seriously either this part of your post was meant to shit stir or you are seriously disillusioned. I bet a weeks wages that the money Magic may make from GF or other wouldn't cover their ground expenses for the year. Only my opinion. I dont think your statement is fair.

Id hate to think what the council costs of maintaining my teams sports fields would be, and therefore i can hardly condone any chatter about what profits magic are making from GF.

De-Champ
10-05-2013, 08:23 PM
oohhhh Poor Zico.

Does the same apply to the Jets and Stu?

Zico
10-05-2013, 08:28 PM
oohhhh Poor Zico.

Like I said, get off your fat arse and get involved instead of being a loud mouth. People that sit back and aren't involved in a club yet they throw shit at any bastard who has a go piss me off no end. You are very opinionated about local football and the inept way it's played, coached and administrated so do something about it!
As far as VPFC? I couldn't give a rats arse if they have hired him, let them waste the massive dollars he would be being paid. I'm sure they won't the value out of him that they expect.

hawk
10-05-2013, 08:48 PM
Like I said, get off your fat arse and get involved instead of being a loud mouth. People that sit back and aren't involved in a club yet they throw shit at any bastard who has a go piss me off no end. You are very opinionated about local football and the inept way it's played, coached and administrated so do something about it!
As far as VPFC? I couldn't give a rats arse if they have hired him, let them waste the massive dollars he would be being paid. I'm sure they won't the value out of him that they expect.

can we define:
fat arse? over 36" jeans size?
people that sit back?
loud mouth?
smart ass? got that covered.

ForeverRed
10-05-2013, 09:20 PM

Seriously either this part of your post was meant to shit stir or you are seriously disillusioned. I bet a weeks wages that the money Magic may make from GF or other wouldn't cover their ground expenses for the year. Only my opinion. I dont think your statement is fair.

Id hate to think what the council costs of maintaining my teams sports fields would be, and therefore i can hardly condone any chatter about what profits magic are making from GF.
Surely you jest,

MFKS
10-05-2013, 10:59 PM
^ Ask his manager in waiting. Where will he be member ?

I am going to Edgy tomorrow. So he will probably be on his way to Singapore

MFKS
10-05-2013, 11:05 PM
Ok MFKS. Tell me this. Who is doing a good job in the local league, in any division? I know you are not being spiteful and are really about improving things so id like to know who and why some local teams deserve praise.

As for the drug use, get real and give the guy some room. It was recreational and not a performance enhancing thing, so who cares, like no one in our local league has never smoked a joint or other. Serious guys give the guy a break. It sounds like you all attend church on sundays. If we are worried about drugs in a social sense then we should be banning alcohol from our games, regardless of whether it is legal or not, because i can tell you that i am more offended at our games with unruly alcoholics than i am drug takers.

Magic have moved forward in the last 20 years big time. Olympic have treaded water moved forward marginally and the rest of them have gone backwards/nowhere.

MFKS
10-05-2013, 11:09 PM

Zico you keep playing the man and not the ball. I am critical of the NBN league and its clubs and you continue to choose to not defend them and debate these points but attempt to discredit my right to this view. Don't play the issue but play the politics game by attempting to throw doubt about that the person has no right to the view.

Join the ALP pal

CStein
10-05-2013, 11:23 PM
Surely you jest,

About what?

seldom
11-05-2013, 12:11 AM
Zico you keep playing the man and not the ball. I am critical of the NBN league and its clubs and you continue to choose to not defend them and debate these points but attempt to discredit my right to this view. Don't play the issue but play the politics game by attempting to throw doubt about that the person has no right to the view.

Join the ALP pal

No you continue to bag clubs with absolutely no knowledge of the inside runnings whatsoever. A right to an opinion has to be an informed one.You truly are the type of spectator myself and others hate with a passion. So basically fvck off

MFKS
11-05-2013, 12:21 AM
No you continue to bag clubs with absolutely no knowledge of the inside runnings whatsoever. A right to an opinion has to be an informed one.You truly are the type of spectator myself and others hate with a passion. So basically fvck off

Another of the group who chooses to defend them whole heartedly but can't offer anything of substance to the debate other than to attack me rather than my views:violin:.

seldom
11-05-2013, 12:30 AM
Another of the group who chooses to defend them whole heartedly but can't offer anything of substance to the debate other than to attack me rather than my views:violin:.

mate which part of fvck off dont you understand. lol we don't offer substance,where are your facts. I'll allow anyone an opinion but you my friend are ill informed.I have coached several guys now in jets yoof and have actual relations playin there and they have no idea who you are so i'm a little confused to your identity and ability to judge

MFKS
11-05-2013, 12:59 AM
mate which part of fvck off dont you understand. lol we don't offer substance,where are your facts. I'll allow anyone an opinion but you my friend are ill informed.I have coached several guys now in jets yoof and have actual relations playin there and they have no idea who you are so i'm a little confused to your identity and ability to judge

Gotta love your enthusiasm for me Seldom.

Querying blokes in the Jets yoof team about some loudmouth smartarse on a two bob internet forum who you reckon is good at running his mouth.

Can just see it now

Seldom >> Jets contacts - You know who this MFKS is??
Jets contacts >> Seldom - No ****ing idea what you are talking about Seldom
Seldom >> Jets contacts - He is this bloke on an internet forum who bags out the standards of the NBN Clubs
Jets contacts >> Seldom - Never heard of him

i hope to god you were Bullshitting coz if you are actually telling the truth mate you have some issues:roflz::rof:

Imyourhero
11-05-2013, 01:00 AM
It's alright guys, MFKS is a clear example of a soccer supporter and not a football supporter.
Wouldn't be suprised if he is a closet euro snob..
And a gypo supporter...
And a communist....

MFKS
11-05-2013, 01:10 AM
It's alright guys, MFKS is a clear example of a soccer supporter and not a football supporter.
Wouldn't be suprised if he is a closet euro snob..
And a gypo supporter...
And a communist....

Gotta love how you poor guys try and label me. :sup: So far of the mark

First -- Watching jets under GVE 19 times last season means I am a sado masochist

Second -- Don't give two ****s about Euro Football really. Won't be watching the FA Cup Final matter of fact I keep abreast of whos where and results but sitting down and regularly watching some plastic Euro team on the other side of the world and trying to pass off some affinity to Man utd or RealMadrid or Juventus etc when never having been to those joints I don't do

3rd - Watch a Jets game that is suffering enough

finally - Am partial to some ideals of communism though

Imyourhero
11-05-2013, 01:17 AM
Gotta love how you poor guys try and label me. :sup: So far of the mark

First -- Watching jets under GVE 19 times last season means I am a sado masochist

Second -- Don't give two ****s about Euro Football really. Won't be watching the FA Cup Final matter of fact I keep abreast of whos where and results but sitting down and regularly watching some plastic Euro team on the other side of the world and trying to pass off some affinity to Man utd or RealMadrid or Juventus etc when never having been to those joints I don't do

3rd - Watch a Jets game that is suffering enough

finally - Am partial to some ideals of communism though

Didn't directly DENY the gypo comment.
The Truth has been revealed.
GO GET HIM BOYS!!!!

seldom
11-05-2013, 01:19 AM
I as a football supporter will be watching the FA cup...I don't give a fvck who's innit

ForeverRed
11-05-2013, 08:24 AM
About what?
The 30 k magic make every gf

Zico
11-05-2013, 10:16 AM
I as a football supporter will be watching the FA cup...I don't give a fvck who's innit
The FA Cup is one of those games I never miss regardless of who is playing. Watched since I was a young lad on black and white TV.
MFKS, if I should join the ALP then surely your a ****n Greens.

stopper2
11-05-2013, 12:01 PM
Good luck to them.
Their success wasn't given to them, it has been the hard work of many volunteers who love the club and who have made Wanderers into the best facility for watching local football in this region. it's the old "tall poppy syndrome".....people would rather whinge and moan about other people's success rather then taking a step back and thinking "okay, what can we do to try to better ourselves or our club"

ForeverRed
11-05-2013, 12:13 PM

Read the above stopper, this is what I was talking about, it's the fact that cstein doesn't have a clue how much is made and thrown at magic yet he comes up with this statement, I have nothing against magic, I have some good friends involved there,

Forever Green
11-05-2013, 02:59 PM
Read the above stopper, this is what I was talking about, it's the fact that cstein doesn't have a clue how much is made and thrown at magic yet he comes up with this statement, I have nothing against magic, I have some good friends involved there,

I see ForeverRed is at it again... Cstain doesn't mention a figure, but YOU do as evident from your above quote. How do you know how much Magic make? If you really had good friends at magic you wouldn't be bagging them out as is evident from your many anti magic quotes. Why do you do so? And seriously if they were to make 30k on the grand final as if they would be telling you!

ForeverRed
11-05-2013, 03:18 PM
I see ForeverRed is at it again... Cstain doesn't mention a figure, but YOU do as evident from your above quote. How do you know how much Magic make? If you really had good friends at magic you wouldn't be bagging them out as is evident from your many anti magic quotes. Why do you do so? And seriously if they were to make 30k on the grand final as if they would be telling you!
You are deadset beautiful, and yes, my good friends do tell me, and I don't recall bagging them , just telling the truth, ........ you cant handle the truth

Forever Green
11-05-2013, 04:32 PM
You are deadset beautiful, and yes, my good friends do tell me, and I don't recall bagging them , just telling the truth, grubby

Truth hurts does it...

the_fozz
11-05-2013, 04:36 PM
Does anyone have updates on the games today?

CStein
11-05-2013, 05:06 PM
yes, my good friends do tell me, and I don't recall bagging them , just telling the truth

So you are saying that Magic made $30000 from the GF? Is that gross or profit? Can you find out what that make from the regular season?

ForeverRed
11-05-2013, 05:48 PM
2all edgy v jets, jets should of won easy, missed a hand full of chances in the second half

MFKS
11-05-2013, 05:50 PM
Does anyone have updates on the games today?

Jets Yoof

First Grade FT 2-2 HT 1-1
U23.s FT 1-1 HT 1-0 Jets
U19.s FT Jets 2-1 HT1-1
U17,s FT Edgy 2-1 HT 0-0

MFKS
11-05-2013, 06:30 PM
yes, my good friends do tell me, and I don't recall bagging them , just telling the truth,

But Forever Red you contradict yourself.

You are quick to bag me for being critical of these people who volunteer their time and effort. You have just said you have good friends at Magic. You also don't recall bagging them.

As soon as someone says anything positive about Magic it is always down to these free handouts and freekicks the NNSW gives them. Not a result of the hard work and effort those on the committee at Magic and their volunteers make.

If you did have friends their wouldn't you be happy for them to be rewarded with things such as GF hosting or even at least begrudgingly accept they deserve it for these efforts they put in accepting that they have earned it as they are working harder and better than other NBN Clubs???

No you whinge bitch and moan about it.

Just straighten out which point I have wrong cause it don't make sense

MFKS
11-05-2013, 06:33 PM
The FA Cup is one of those games I never miss regardless of who is playing. Watched since I was a young lad on black and white TV.
MFKS, if I should join the ALP then surely your a ****n Greens.

Ask Boz about my woodchip delivery offers. That will confirm how far wide of the mark I am with the greens views

EH9
11-05-2013, 07:15 PM
Good luck to them.
Their success wasn't given to them, it has been the hard work of many volunteers who love the club and who have made Wanderers into the best facility for watching local football in this region. it's the old "tall poppy syndrome".....people would rather whinge and moan about other people's success rather then taking a step back and thinking "okay, what can we do to try to better ourselves or our club"

Wanderers is not the best facility to watch football in this region. Kudo's to them though for all the work they have put in though.

ForeverRed
11-05-2013, 07:59 PM
what ground is

ForeverRed
11-05-2013, 08:00 PM
magic 3.1 over phoenix

prawnhead
11-05-2013, 08:33 PM
Jets Yoof

First Grade FT 2-2 HT 1-1
U23.s FT 1-1 HT 1-0 Jets
U19.s FT Jets 2-1 HT1-1
U17,s FT Edgy 2-1 HT 0-0

How did Kale go mate?

MFKS
11-05-2013, 08:39 PM
I thought his attitude today was absolutely spot on. probably the best effort I have seen from him doing the chasing back tackling pressing shit he is usually a little lax on.

Seems someone may have said something to him on this front

Won the free kick that led to the Jets first goal. Other than the rocket equaliser to make it 2-2 which really came out of the blue nearly all the attack of note came on the back of Kale and his good work. Played left wing for the first 20 mins then the rest on the right wing. Didn't really get any clear chances but he was by and far the Jets best by a long way.

Some may say I am biased but anyone else who went would agree.

If he keeps that attitude up and the effort up the bloke will be playing HAL very soon and probably sooner than GVE would reckon

MFKS
11-05-2013, 10:28 PM
EDGEWORTH look set to lose German imports Marco Di Biccari and Ali Parhizi for at least one game after a drama charged 2-all draw with Newcastle Jets youth team in the Northern NSW State League game at Jack McLaughlan Oval on Saturday.
See your ad here

In a disaster for the Eagles, Di Biccari limped off in the first minute with a hamstring injury and countryman Parhizi, who was only cleared this week, was sent off late after a second yellow card.

Di Bicarri will have scans this week. Parhizi receives an automatic week suspension will miss the visit by Hamilton Olympic next Sunday.

The Eagles led twice against the Jets but had to settle for a share of the points after playing the final 15 minutes with 10 men.

Joel Woods’ early goal was cancelled out by a freekick to Jets midfielder Koh Satake to be tied at half time.

Zac Hill regained the lead for the home side before Radovan Pavicevic equalised with a long-range effort.

‘‘Edgeworth are good team so to come back twice showed the boys have a good mentality,’’ Jets coach Clayton Zane said.

‘‘We started a bit slow but I thought there was only one team that was going to run away with.

‘‘We had a lot of the ball. First half we didn’t use it well but second half we were better and should have scored a couple of goals.’’

In the other game Saturday, Peter Haynes scored a hat-trick to steer premiers Broadmeadow Magic to a 3-1 win over Valentine Phoenix at Cahill Oval.
See your ad here

Brady Parker set up two and Chris Berlin the other with cut backs from the by-line which Haynes finished in clinical fashion.

The only downside for Magic were injuries to Hakan Canli (hamstring) and Matt Commerford (ankle).

In Sunday’s games, Lake Macquarie are at home to Charlestown, South Cardiff host Weston and Hamilton Olympic take on Lambton Jaffas at Darling St Ova

Glad to see the Heralds reporting is spot on. The Edgy bloke that got sent off missed about 7-8 mins tops. he defo got sent after the jets equalised which was about 87 mins in. He got sent for bringing bloke down when the jets were away on the break with a 5 on 3 advantage and that was defo after the equaliser

magician
11-05-2013, 11:20 PM
You lost me at friends!!

Imyourhero
12-05-2013, 12:29 AM
Can anybody tell me where the jaffas train?

Imyourhero
12-05-2013, 12:30 AM
also add lakes and southy to that question

Forever Green
12-05-2013, 08:33 AM
Wanderers is not the best facility to watch football in this region. Kudo's to them though for all the work they have put in though.

Yes you are right. I'd rather watch NBN league in the middle of broadmeadow race track... What is the best facility?

Forever Green
12-05-2013, 08:37 AM
But Forever Red you contradict yourself.

You are quick to bag me for being critical of these people who volunteer their time and effort. You have just said you have good friends at Magic. You also don't recall bagging them.

As soon as someone says anything positive about Magic it is always down to these free handouts and freekicks the NNSW gives them. Not a result of the hard work and effort those on the committee at Magic and their volunteers make.

If you did have friends their wouldn't you be happy for them to be rewarded with things such as GF hosting or even at least begrudgingly accept they deserve it for these efforts they put in accepting that they have earned it as they are working harder and better than other NBN Clubs???

No you whinge bitch and moan about it.

Just straighten out which point I have wrong cause it don't make sense

How can he when he is just so biased and obviously disgruntled. Don't think for a minute that if the federation could change the GF venue to number 2 they would.

ForeverRed
12-05-2013, 09:13 AM
also add lakes and southy to that question
Southy first and 23s train at Glendale athletics field, 17s , 19s & 23s use the bottom fields at Southy,each of these grades train at Glendale every 3rd week, Glendale is expensive but worth it.

ForeverRed
12-05-2013, 09:14 AM
You lost me at friends!!

Why

CStein
12-05-2013, 10:11 AM
Why

Ill tell you why! Because you are full of baloney... You are telling lies... And if the magician is really from magic then who better to let us know if you are in the know and "friends" with them...

Bremsstrahlung
12-05-2013, 10:52 AM
Ill tell you why! Because you are full of baloney... You are telling lies... And if the magician is really from magic then who better to let us know if you are in the know and "friends" with them...

Haters gonna hate.

I don't think 1 person can definitively state whether somebody has "friends" at a club. Will have to wait til the Birthday party invites comes out.

This thread has demised into a shambles. I understand the forum dislikes those with biased opinions, and some comments from FR are unjustified, but half of you just take anything that he says and run a mile with it. Not saying that it's right to make certain details public (e.g. monetary values, etc), but i daresay FR would have more experience with the runnings of a club and have more inside knowledge than the majority of people here, put together.

Can we please get back to talking football and absurd signing rumours opposed to this dick-waving fiasco?

furns
12-05-2013, 10:58 AM
if the bollocks doesnt stop in this thread (and others) I am just going to start banning people

you have been warned

ForeverRed
12-05-2013, 12:00 PM
Back to the footy

Imyourhero
12-05-2013, 12:13 PM
ForeverRed,
Whats the story behind your 23s this year? You guys have been so strong in past years in 23s.

ForeverRed
12-05-2013, 12:48 PM
ForeverRed,
Whats the story behind your 23s this year? You guys have been so strong in past years in 23s.
lost 3 players to other clubs looking for first grade opportunities,young and impatient, keeper playing first grade,one gone to american college football, 2 out for season with injury, there are 3 players that have not played a game all season due to long term injury, 2 of those will play today, that said the coach was not prepared to promote some of last years 19s stating they are not quite ready, fair enough, plus some new players signed probably not quite up to state league but improving, one of those things where you have a successful year with young players but you cant hang on to them all.

hawk
12-05-2013, 01:10 PM
I have nothing against magic
I do, cant even do the saw in half trick. Just stick with Broadmeadow imo.

MFKS
12-05-2013, 01:31 PM
So Forever Red other than the GK how many of last years U23's from Southy have been promoted to First Grade this year??

List how many are in the First Grade first starting XI and how many have been moved up to the squad as BackUp/Rotation.
Also Include in your opinion these injured/missing players who would have been defo promotions if fate hadn't of been so cruel to them???

Bremsstrahlung
12-05-2013, 02:46 PM
I would say there's 4-6 fringe first graders that played 23s last year.
Pratt, Bohr, Robb, Stevens, Parker and Friend. These guys have either been playing first grade last year occasionally or on the bench/playing this year.
They also have Jordan white who was originally meant to play 19s this year, playing first grade.

As far as I'm aware, one left to play for central coast, one for lakes, one for Jaffas, one relocated for work and one or two just stopped playing.

MFKS
12-05-2013, 03:12 PM
Well that a pretty fair group through to First Grade.

Problem is when some from one successful team get promoted and others are held back some start to think they are being snubbed and look for fresh opportunity. Playing U23's and trying to dominate that again like they have just done with little prospect of first grade promotion wouldn't be appealing to most when other opprtunities are out there to play First Grade or get to First Grade

the_fozz
12-05-2013, 04:50 PM
lost 3 players to other clubs looking for first grade opportunities,young and impatient, keeper playing first grade,one gone to american college football, 2 out for season with injury, there are 3 players that have not played a game all season due to long term injury, 2 of those will play today, that said the coach was not prepared to promote some of last years 19s stating they are not quite ready, fair enough, plus some new players signed probably not quite up to state league but improving, one of those things where you have a successful year with young players but you cant hang on to them all.
Do they have a coach yet? or is Piggo still coaching 3 teams??

ForeverRed
12-05-2013, 05:18 PM
Still 3

the_fozz
12-05-2013, 05:19 PM
Still 3
Probably explains their results. I heard they train with the 15's too. Surely cant be good for them.

The Baby Piglet
12-05-2013, 05:59 PM
Charlestown 4 lakes 2

ForeverRed
12-05-2013, 06:02 PM
ForeverRed,
They won 2 nil today, the tide may be turning

ForeverRed
12-05-2013, 06:04 PM
Weston 2.1 over Southy, Southy played 35 minutes with 10 men, weston scored winner with 5 to go, was 1 all at the send off

TheBean
12-05-2013, 07:29 PM
jaffas 2-1 over olympic, another week another win, newcastle's galacticos march on ^_^

Zico
12-05-2013, 08:11 PM
Weston 2.1 over Southy, Southy played 35 minutes with 10 men, weston scored winner with 5 to go, was 1 all at the send off
Should he have been sent off or was it a ref **** up?

ForeverRed
12-05-2013, 08:18 PM
Should he have been sent off or was it a ref **** up?
2 yellows deserved

seldom
12-05-2013, 08:34 PM
Do they have a coach yet? or is Piggo still coaching 3 teams??

Didn't their coach leave to work in sydney or something. Shame they lost their coach and so many players from last year but that's football I guess.Is Faj still playin for southy ?

ForeverRed
12-05-2013, 09:00 PM
Didn't their coach leave to work in sydney or something. Shame they lost their coach and so many players from last year but that's football I guess.Is Faj still playin for southy ?
Both fajas at Southy, Dino out with glandular fever though

chocolate soldier
13-05-2013, 09:34 AM
jaffas 2-1 over olympic, another week another win, newcastle's galacticos march on ^_^

wow... jaffas are galacticos?? what are the other teams in the comp then???? seems as though the jaffas are underdogs and arent given much chance week in week out by the pundits, maybe their results should be starting to turn some heads.....

FaroeMassive
13-05-2013, 10:18 AM
Went out to watch the Olympic fixtures yesterday.
There's been a lot of talk on this forum of late about the style of Football in the NBN State League and of Olympic in particular.

I must say congratulations to the Olympic commitee on providing a fantastic surface for the players to play on, it's just a shame that it barley gets used. With such a nice surface it was very sad to see the amount of time the ball spent in the air and the amount of times the ball was punted from back to front to a 50/50 areial challenge across all grades.

Now I realise that there is no single right or wrong style, however it was most dissapointing for me to watch the two Olympic lower grades clearly being taught this style of Football. In a results based environment, this style can be very effective, however for me, it does young players development no good at all to be coached this way. It simply does not challenge the players enough technically and tactically to become the best player that they can be, and doesn't provide the players with enough decision making opportunities to properly prepare them to play at the higher level.

The goals of the local clubs should be to produce players for Australia, Newcastle Jets then your own Club. This is how success should be measured not by results alone.

The Baby Piglet
13-05-2013, 10:53 AM
Does anyone have any theory's on why the standard of football has dropped over the last 5-6yrs ?

chocolate soldier
13-05-2013, 10:56 AM
Went out to watch the Olympic fixtures yesterday.
There's been a lot of talk on this forum of late about the style of Football in the NBN State League and of Olympic in particular.

I must say congratulations to the Olympic commitee on providing a fantastic surface for the players to play on, it's just a shame that it barley gets used. With such a nice surface it was very sad to see the amount of time the ball spent in the air and the amount of times the ball was punted from back to front to a 50/50 areial challenge across all grades.

Now I realise that there is no single right or wrong style, however it was most dissapointing for me to watch the two Olympic lower grades clearly being taught this style of Football. In a results based environment, this style can be very effective, however for me, it does young players development no good at all to be coached this way. It simply does not challenge the players enough technically and tactically to become the best player that they can be, and doesn't provide the players with enough decision making opportunities to properly prepare them to play at the higher level.

The goals of the local clubs should be to produce players for Australia, Newcastle Jets then your own Club. This is how success should be measured not by results alone.

love it

Off the bench
13-05-2013, 11:14 AM
Does anyone have any theory's on why the standard of football has dropped over the last 5-6yrs ?

Only my opinion but the big push to put forward some younger players that are just not quite ready, and throwing some of the older experienced players on the scrap heap. These older players would be great mentors to the ones coming through. Many a good player lost from the game because of age restrictions on comps. And the fear of relegation so its better to pay ugly and win. Once again only my opinion.

Onehunglow
13-05-2013, 11:19 AM

BP, I have thought about this a bit. I played State League late 80's early 90's. At that time we had guys coming back from National League like John Macquarie, Howard Tredinick, Halpin, Lowey etc. A bit after this period Edgeworth and others brought quite a few guys back from the Breakers and made the league quite strong. Nowadays, it is less likely anyone who has played A League would come back to the State League.

If you're at the back end of you career in the A League you are a good chance of a last pay day in Asia somewhere.

I know Lakes have a few former A League players, but outside of that it looks thin on the ground.

Playing with and against players who had played in the old NSL definitely brought an extra edge to your game and improved all around them.

Maybe this is a part of it ?

The Baby Piglet
13-05-2013, 11:51 AM
Yeah very good observation. I think other problem is that prior to the inception of the A-League, there was a very good youth system set up with the newcastle breakers and newcastle united, where if the players didnt make the youth team or 1st grade they filtered back into the state league. Also there were a number of good coaches in the youth system i.e. brett cowburn, lowey, graeme swan, boogs, chris miner geoff finch and im sure there is a few ive missed. Hopefully in the next 3-5 yrs with the new youth set up we'll see a big jump in the standard of football in newcastle.

immersion
13-05-2013, 12:10 PM
Yeah very good observation. I think other problem is that prior to the inception of the A-League, there was a very good youth system set up with the newcastle breakers and newcastle united, where if the players didnt make the youth team or 1st grade they filtered back into the state league. Also there were a number of good coaches in the youth system i.e. brett cowburn, lowey, graeme swan, boogs, chris miner geoff finch and im sure there is a few ive missed. Hopefully in the next 3-5 yrs with the new youth set up we'll see a big jump in the standard of football in newcastle.

BP, I have thought about this a bit. I played State League late 80's early 90's. At that time we had guys coming back from National League like John Macquarie, Howard Tredinick, Halpin, Lowey etc. A bit after this period Edgeworth and others brought quite a few guys back from the Breakers and made the league quite strong. Nowadays, it is less likely anyone who has played A League would come back to the State League.

If you're at the back end of you career in the A League you are a good chance of a last pay day in Asia somewhere.

I know Lakes have a few former A League players, but outside of that it looks thin on the ground.

Playing with and against players who had played in the old NSL definitely brought an extra edge to your game and improved all around them.

Maybe this is a part of it ?

I think both of you guys have it spot on. It is a combination of both which had lead to slight decrease in quality (my opinion).

As bad as it is to say something like i am about to, the truth is it will happen.

The youth jets not even half of them will make it to the next level, unfortunately. That being said with the jets playing in the state league you have to think a good percentage that dont make it will filter into regular state league teams overall boosting the quality. This generation in the state league you would have to think will be one of significant improvement in playing quality (my opinion again).

any where from 3 to 5 (maybe more) youth players will come back to the state league every year roughly you would think, and i hope it does in a way (again i wish it wasnt truth for the young boys). This mean we could have around 25 additional quality players rotating in the state league in just 5 years. That is a major bonus for the league and development of the game is this region.

I think things are looking alright for the State league in terms of the future.

Onehunglow
13-05-2013, 12:10 PM

That's right too. I'd like to see guys on the fringe of the jets youth loaned out and sprinkled through the NBN. I think we are on a decent path at the moment, we just need everyone to pull together which can be the hard bit!

the_fozz
13-05-2013, 12:11 PM

I believe within certain clubs the quality of football has improved. Edgeworth and South Cardiff particularly have improved with the "style" played. Broadmeadow havent played as pretty since McGuinness left, but still at times play football that is easy on the eye. The introduction the the Jets has probably taken away from the lower grades as players are now being taken away from State League clubs to play for the Jets. 3 or 4 years ago the players at the Jets would be at State League clubs which kept the standard at a reasonable level. Im not sure what the standard is in the younger groups now as I dont often catch their games. Have heard only a few teams try and play though which is disappointing. It is unfortunate Olympic play the way they do - be interesting to watch a session of theirs.

MFKS
13-05-2013, 12:52 PM
That's right too. I'd like to see guys on the fringe of the jets youth loaned out and sprinkled through the NBN. I think we are on a decent path at the moment, we just need everyone to pull together which can be the hard bit!
As opposed to now where they would be staying with the Jets and playing in the U23's comp??

I am absolutely baffled as to why Ben Kennedy after playing **** all Football last season isn't playing NBN to get some games in him. You could even argue the case that some of the Jets HAL Squad Kanta Bridges Pepper should be playing at least 6-10 games in the NBN this winter to get some games under their belt.

Matter of fact I don't understand why GVE doesn't once we get into Pre Season send all his players out to play 2-3 games in the NBN in serious affairs to get some form and games under your belt. Playing 45 mins of a pre season kick about is only gonna achieve so much

Send say Goody and birraz to Weston Zads and Taggz to Lambton Taylor and Brillante to Southy etc etc. Would be a boost for the clubs getting a couple of Jets to play for them and get some bums down there to watch and would hopefully see closer ties between the NBN and Jets

JCBT
13-05-2013, 01:02 PM
As opposed to now where they would be staying with the Jets and playing in the U23's comp??

I am absolutely baffled as to why Ben Kennedy after playing **** all Football last season isn't playing NBN to get some games in him. You could even argue the case that some of the Jets HAL Squad Kanta Bridges Pepper should be playing at least 6-10 games in the NBN this winter to get some games under their belt.

Matter of fact I don't understand why GVE doesn't once we get into Pre Season send all his players out to play 2-3 games in the NBN in serious affairs to get some form and games under your belt. Playing 45 mins of a pre season kick about is only gonna achieve so much

Send say Goody and birraz to Weston Zads and Taggz to Lambton Taylor and Brillante to Southy etc etc. Would be a boost for the clubs getting a couple of Jets to play for them and get some bums down there to watch and would hopefully see closer ties between the NBN and Jets
Kennedy trains or helps train a woman's side next to us at training on Thursday nights and he is struggling to hop around on crutches. Looks like he has had a knee op or something.

pv4
13-05-2013, 01:16 PM
my theory on why the league has gone down in quality over the last 5 or so years is simple - they got rid of reserve grade, and made it under23s.

back when i was playing 19s, and there was no age-capping on reserve grade, we had a few older heads who wanted to be at the club because they loved it & they nurtured us young 19s and we learnt from the former best & became better players because of it. nowadays, the oldies feel pushed out of the competition. plus a lot of clubs can't find room for them, as they want their returning-from-injury-first-graders free spots to play reserves to get back into it (but when those first graders are out injured, there's no experience to replace them, it's all younger guys). and so the step up from 19s to reserves nowadays - there's no old heads to take you under their wings. it's all the guys you've been playing with for the last few years. and i've noticed the physicality of reserve grade has gone, and it promotes weaker, fragile first graders.

i predict if they went back to reserve grade with no age-capping, 5 years from now the whole competition would be a hell of a lot better off.

imo

chocolate soldier
13-05-2013, 01:38 PM
my theory on why the league has gone down in quality over the last 5 or so years is simple - they got rid of reserve grade, and made it under23s.

back when i was playing 19s, and there was no age-capping on reserve grade, we had a few older heads who wanted to be at the club because they loved it & they nurtured us young 19s and we learnt from the former best & became better players because of it. nowadays, the oldies feel pushed out of the competition. plus a lot of clubs can't find room for them, as they want their returning-from-injury-first-graders free spots to play reserves to get back into it (but when those first graders are out injured, there's no experience to replace them, it's all younger guys). and so the step up from 19s to reserves nowadays - there's no old heads to take you under their wings. it's all the guys you've been playing with for the last few years. and i've noticed the physicality of reserve grade has gone, and it promotes weaker, fragile first graders.

i predict if they went back to reserve grade with no age-capping, 5 years from now the whole competition would be a hell of a lot better off.

imo

couldnt agree more!!

Imyourhero
13-05-2013, 01:53 PM

imo

This is an interesting debate.
There will be alot of people who think the opposite as ive heard talk over last few years of them even reducing the age! I'm not sure which side of the fence i sit on personally as you could have alot of older heads have a positive impact at one club but a negative impact at another as i have personally seen cases of older heads who are just over the age limit however are never going to be playing 1st grade but are still kept around and block younger players with potential from being stepped up.

Zico
13-05-2013, 02:10 PM

imo

I also agree with what you are posting. Another option is to increase the over age players allowed to play which would would get it back to exactly what it was in the days gone by. What I find difficult to understand is how the Fed continue to recycle ideas from the past. They failed in the past and the wrong was righted yet leave it 5 to 10 years and they re issue they same directive that failed before.

Imyourhero
13-05-2013, 02:12 PM
What about U25s, 2 overage spots??

Bremsstrahlung
13-05-2013, 02:28 PM
Have heard nnsw will be moving towards an under16/ 18s/ 20s / first grade competition.

pv4
13-05-2013, 02:32 PM
to put it nicely - when i was mid-teens and playing under19s i used to be scared when i got called up to reserve grade. i was scared of the big guys i was playing against (even though i was bigger than them), i was scared one of the oldies would break my legs, i was intimidated by the swearing, i was intimidated by the competitiveness, i was scared to let down the old guys that had been around for 10+ years, etc. and all that fear made me step up, and compete. it was a surefire way to seperate the men from the boys.

i only got a little time in under23s, but it was noticeably a worse comp. it was softer, it wasn't as competitive, there was no old heads screaming you down, there was no fear of getting your legs broken and hence you needing to step up. i remember taking it upon myself to "teach those young nswis guys a lesson" one game, and on-purpose roughed them up a bit. one literally cried after i hit him once - he's now playing for the jets youth, and every time i watch him he stands out as being soft, and i can't see him making it further tbh, potential regardless. i can't help but think if he was brought through the old reserve grade system, he would have developed more physically and would be more up to first grade nowadays.

and the oldies that do play 23s? they're kind of outsiders in this new comp. i remember playing against a guy who wouldn't get a look in first grade, but was over 30, and remember everyone thinking "who's that old bloke, what an outsider". back in my day (lol, feels good to say it) the younger guys actually respected the oldies, and the young guys were the outsiders and had to prove they deserved to be there, and became better players because of it. the mentality has changed completely.

while more overage spots would help, i can't help but think solely the tagline of "under 23s" drives the oldies away. realistically i can't remember many clubs using more than 4-5 oldies in their reserve grade back in the day anyway, but i know of heaps of old reserve graders who, the moment it went to 23s, felt unwanted and retired without much persuasion otherwise.

btw i don't think i blame northern for all of this. pretty sure it's a ffa-mandated thing to have younger & younger comps, right?

LINGERA
13-05-2013, 02:33 PM
Have heard nnsw will be moving towards an under16/ 18s/ 20s / first grade competition.

haha! imagine the gap in quality and xperience between 1sts and U20s!!

Premy
13-05-2013, 03:14 PM
Zone Leagues are far stronger because of this but

MFKS
13-05-2013, 03:14 PM

Thats an FFA directive that NNSW are reluctant to push through.

AT the end of the day PV4 the issue relies solely with the clubs to fix. I don't understand this need for keeping mediocre players in the system to clog up spots just to tough the kids up coming through. The kids coming through the 17's 19's have to be plain well better than they are at present. The Clubs have 3/4 years to get a player in the U17's ready ie.16years old for the U23's. If they ain't ready in 3/4 years by the time they are 20 for the step up to U23's then when are they gonna be ready and are they First grade material??

In a perfect world you wouldn't be having anyone making their debut at First grade Level after the age of 21. Really they should be able to cut it at that age or they really ain't ever gonna make it.

Having U23's allows the blokes who are late blooming to play 23's at 20>>23. How much time/opportunity do you want to give on blokes to step up and make the grade??

As far as I am concerned they have then had 6-8 years to make First Grade and cement a spot whilst in the system. That is plenty and time has past them by