PDA

View Full Version : 2013 NBN State League Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9

Zico
13-05-2013, 04:03 PM
If this new points system thats being floated about gets over the line than first grade will be an U/25's comp.
MFKS, I think you are missing PV4's point. The U/23's are lacking the mentors that once existed in the old Reserve grade, I'll also add that the clubs are not only loosing the mentors but also the good clubmen.

ace22
13-05-2013, 04:30 PM
To much age restictions as it is. Dont see the other codes with them. If a 30 year old is good enough to play reserve grade nbn he should be playing reserve grade nbn. not only that like said above he could be a good role model etc. If a 20 year old kid cant take hes spot with hes abilities he was never going to make it 'pro' anyway.

MFKS
13-05-2013, 04:40 PM
If this new points system thats being floated about gets over the line than first grade will be an U/25's comp.
MFKS, I think you are missing PV4's point. The U/23's are lacking the mentors that once existed in the old Reserve grade, I'll also add that the clubs are not only loosing the mentors but also the good clubmen.

I see his point. I just don't believe in the keeping of mediocre players just for the sake of it. Fix the development of players so that they are ready for higher grades at earlier ages than they are at present. If the quality is coming through the 17's and 19's quicker and at better quality then the issues raised by PV4 with the quality of the U23's comp are redundant.

This isn't just a problem at NBN Level but is also prevalent in the HAL. Blokes like Goodwin have finally just played their first season as a Professional at the age of 21. Anywhere else in the world he would be 17-18-19 years old and playing professionally.

Even the Great White Hope for Newy Football is turning 20 this year and is still on the periphery of the HAL squad. This needs to be rectified so blokes are playing HAL at 17-18-19 and not coming in at 20-21-22 as is currently the case with the likes of Taggz Birraz and Goody

Bringing back the reserve grade in NBN to me is a retrograde step as the problem is fixable and it lies with the clubs to fix their development practices to sort this issue out.

Just like the Jets are trying to sort this issue out with the HAL with the Emerging Jets teams. In time I see the First grade Jets team to be average age of 17>18 rather than the 19>>20 as is currently the case

The Baby Piglet
13-05-2013, 04:49 PM
I see his point. I just don't believe in the keeping of mediocre players just for the sake of it. Fix the development of players so that they are ready for higher grades at earlier ages than they are at present. If the quality is coming through the 17's and 19's quicker and at better quality then the issues raised by PV4 with the quality of the U23's comp are redundant.

This isn't just a problem at NBN Level but is also prevalent in the HAL. Blokes like Goodwin have finally just played their first season as a Professional at the age of 21. Anywhere else in the world he would be 17-18-19 years old and playing professionally.

Even the Great White Hope for Newy Football is turning 20 this year and is still on the periphery of the HAL squad. This needs to be rectified so blokes are playing HAL at 17-18-19 and not coming in at 20-21-22 as is currently the case with the likes of Taggz Birraz and Goody

Bringing back the reserve grade in NBN to me is a retrograde step as the problem is fixable and it lies with the clubs to fix their development practices to sort this issue out.

Just like the Jets are trying to sort this issue out with the HAL with the Emerging Jets teams. In time I see the First grade Jets team to be average age of 17>18 rather than the 19>>20 as is currently the case

If yu think that the avg age of the FIRST team is going to be 17-18.... you are dead set having one MFKS

MFKS
13-05-2013, 05:02 PM
If yu think that the avg age of the FIRST team is going to be 17-18.... you are dead set having one MFKS

I am talking about the Jets Yoof first grade team in the NBN League. In a few years time I would expect them to be much younger than they are at present. i expect them to be 17-18 years old rather than 19-20 years old in a few years time

ForeverRed
13-05-2013, 05:12 PM
I may be wrong, but I don't of one NBN club that plays over age players in 23s, there may be one or 2 players floating about but not many, last year south Cardiff were minor prems in 23s and had five 17 year old play in the gf, oldest player was 20 except for the goal keeper, I'm pretty sure this is fairly common at most clubs, also NBN clubs are against the change of age groups next season as the FFA directive mostly suits major cities but I'm pretty sure it will happen

pv4
13-05-2013, 06:12 PM
The U/23's are lacking the mentors that once existed in the old Reserve grade, I'll also add that the clubs are not only loosing the mentors but also the good clubmen.

1000x this

ForeverRed
13-05-2013, 07:03 PM
1000x this

sorry but I don't believe this, mentors are your first graders at training etc, playing older players only takes a position of a young player who will hopefully become a first grader, clubs these days want players who will make it to first grade not older guys who are pass their time, just my opinion

The Baby Piglet
13-05-2013, 07:58 PM
sorry but I don't believe this, mentors are your first graders at training etc, playing older players only takes a position of a young player who will hopefully become a first grader, clubs these days want players who will make it to first grade not older guys who are pass their time, just my opinion

^^^^ Thats the exact mentality that has lead to the competition being in the state it is. Once your abit older and slower, and cant quite keep up your discarded and not wanted. Its these guys that help past on knowledge.

GazFish35
13-05-2013, 08:12 PM
^^^^ Thats the exact mentality that has lead to the competition being in the state it is. Once your abit older and slower, and cant quite keep up your discarded and not wanted.

at least GVE could argue he is making an impact on the local scene then

prawnhead
13-05-2013, 08:53 PM
[QUOTE=The Baby Piglet;37215]^^^^ Thats the exact mentality that has lead to the competition being in the state it is. Once your abit older and slower, and cant quite keep up your discarded and not wanted. Its these guys that help past on knowledge.[/QUOT

Keep these experienced old fellas around by all means to impart their knowledge on match day. Training sessions for these older and slower guys though should revolve around punching out laps for the duration of the session. Especially the ones who question the edict of the modern game.

TheBean
13-05-2013, 09:13 PM
couldnt agree more with the people saying they shouldnt have scrapped "reserve grade", plenty of quality older blokes who didnt have the pace for first grade but were much better players getting kicked out of the comp. if they were gonna do an under 23s in NBN they should have at least kept it at reserve grade in NEWFM division, as a few of the others have said I learnt a lot more playing with the older lads week in week out

Off the bench
13-05-2013, 09:25 PM
I agree with the majority keep the old fellows around, their communication and direction in game situations is invaluable. The young ones with any ability can learn so much more and go further. These young ones have all the skills but not always the game sense of how and when to apply it and this is where the experience and guidance would be great.

fresh
13-05-2013, 09:32 PM
couldnt agree more with the people saying they shouldnt have scrapped "reserve grade", plenty of quality older blokes who didnt have the pace for first grade but were much better players getting kicked out of the comp. if they were gonna do an under 23s in NBN they should have at least kept it at reserve grade in NEWFM division, as a few of the others have said I learnt a lot more playing with the older lads week in week out

agree to all of that. all its doing is making Zpl first grade stronger and stronger with all this age bullshit in the higher leagues.

full of ' over the hill' 24 year olds.

The Magician
14-05-2013, 12:00 AM
Wednesday Night is the proposed NNSWF and Clubs NCR implementation meeting so we should know most of the implications for season 2014 and beyond then.

wannabe
14-05-2013, 08:44 AM
Wednesday Night is the proposed NNSWF and Clubs NCR implementation meeting so we should know most of the implications for season 2014 and beyond then.

Has anyone else heard rumours of a 12 team comp for 2014

ForeverRed
14-05-2013, 09:22 AM
Won't happen, clubs don't want it plus there's know where near enough talent to justify it

Swanky
14-05-2013, 09:33 AM
Ive heard Rumours of 12 team comp with criteria coming into it once again

Teams must have u/12's u/14's u/16's u/18's u/22's and 1st Grade to come in line with new regulations

This is just rumours and heard the u/20's to become u/22's to make the jump to 1st grade not as big (Personally there is a grade missing called reserve grade but the pen pushers at FFA have to justify there wages somehow)

14-05-2013, 10:07 AM
I was under the impression there was a push to have it changed last season to take effect for the current season but time became an issue.

MFKS
14-05-2013, 10:50 AM
I wouldn't say a push.

FFA released some study/plan of attack calling for these changes across Australia tied into this new APL thing that no bugger understands. Some of the State Leagues have embraced them immeadiatley others have been tardy.

NNSW straight up said won't be happening until 2014 at the earliest.

Imyourhero
14-05-2013, 02:55 PM
Round 7 predictions;
Lambton vs Southy
Azzuri vs Valentine
Weston vs Lake Macquarie
Edgy vs Hamilton
Broadmeadow vs Jets

ForeverRed
14-05-2013, 06:36 PM
Round 7 predictions;
Lambton vs Southy
Azzuri vs Valentine
Weston vs Lake Macquarie
Edgy vs Hamilton
Broadmeadow vs JetsI hope your predictions are corect

Imyourhero
14-05-2013, 09:57 PM
Haha you would too! Get your boys home this weekend FR!

CStein
15-05-2013, 06:40 AM
Lambton vs Southy - Lambton
Azzuri vs Valentine - Charlstown
Weston vs Lake Macquarie - Weston
Edgy vs Hamilton - Hamilton
Broadmeadow vs Jets - Magic

The Baby Piglet
15-05-2013, 10:51 AM
Draw 2-2
Charlestown 3-1
Weston 2-0
Hamilton 3-2
Magic 4-1

TheBean
15-05-2013, 03:44 PM
Jaffas
Charlestown
Weston
Edgy
Jets will grab a draw!

MFKS
17-05-2013, 06:33 PM
In todays Friday 17/5/13 Newy Herald there is an article about the NNSW Fed meeting in regards to changes to comps in future years. I can't find it on the Shit Rag website. Anyone else know where to find the article or similar article elsewhere???

ForeverRed
17-05-2013, 06:58 PM
In todays Friday 17/5/13 Newy Herald there is an article about the NNSW Fed meeting in regards to changes to comps in future years. I can't find it on the Shit Rag website. Anyone else know where to find the article or similar article elsewhere???

I've got a document with to many pages to mention on it after last night, what is it you need to know

MFKS
17-05-2013, 10:33 PM
I've got a document with to many pages to mention on it after last night, what is it you need to know

When you have finished reading the thing can you give us a summary of all the proposals and what was accepted/knocked back/still being negotiated etc

MFKS
18-05-2013, 05:38 PM
1st Southy 1-0
23's Southy 3-0
19's Jaffas 1-0
17's Jaffas 2-1

Jobe Wheelhouse played the full 90 for Jaffas. Made a good interception and showed he has played at higher level than this but done little else.

Do like the look of the Jaffas Keeper Ireland. Would back he is definitely a better option than BK for the Jets.

Southy scored with about 15mins to go to break the deadlock and . Jaffas looked pretty impotent up front

Have a massive headache. Group of woman came and sat next to me in the first half and wouldn't shut the **** up until I ****ed off. My ears were ****ing bleeding. Wheres the ****ing Panadol

Zico
18-05-2013, 06:15 PM
1st Southy 1-0
23's Southy 3-0
19's Jaffas 1-0
17's Jaffas 2-1

Jobe Wheelhouse played the full 90 for Jaffas. Made a good interception and showed he has played at higher level than this but done little else.

Do like the look of the Jaffas Keeper Ireland. Would back he is definitely a better option than BK for the Jets.

Southy scored with about 15mins to go to break the deadlock and . Jaffas looked pretty impotent up front

Have a massive headache. Group of woman came and sat next to me in the first half and wouldn't shut the **** up until I ****ed off. My ears were ****ing bleeding. Wheres the ****ing Panadol
Your just a stud MFKS.

The Baby Piglet
18-05-2013, 06:17 PM
1st Southy 1-0
23's Southy 3-0
19's Jaffas 1-0
17's Jaffas 2-1

Thought it was a pretty scrappy game. Was pleased to see Sth Cardiff trying to play a passing style of football, which at times looked good, however in all honesty i think they were pretty ineffective up front and lacking any real spark.
I was very disappointed with jaffas, i thought with both wheelhouses in the middle of the play they would dominate, however wasnt the case. Both jobe and abe had some nice touches showing that they are both quality players, but if jaffas are to be a force in the comp they'll both need to be more dominating.

My 3,2,1 for todays match
3 Phil Bures
2 Daniel Ireland
1 Matthew Wilesmith

seldom
18-05-2013, 09:45 PM
Thought lambton missed Maj big time...Jobe did well 1st half but then had to move back to CB to cover for injuries...this nullified anything lambton had goin forward...Shit game to watch on a very bumpy surface imo

TheBean
18-05-2013, 10:31 PM
disappointing day for the jaffas, still gelling as a team

RedMexican
18-05-2013, 11:14 PM
Thought lambton missed Maj big time...Jobe did well 1st half but then had to move back to CB to cover for injuries...this nullified anything lambton had goin forward...Shit game to watch on a very bumpy surface imo

agreed, ground was in poor condition and it seems that lambton have basically nothing up front without johnny maj!
i did think the little number 11 played well for them from what i seen !

pv4
18-05-2013, 11:21 PM
was told Brad Waters scored for southy. How is he going out there this year?

Grimario
19-05-2013, 12:17 AM
Do like the look of the Jaffas Keeper Ireland. Would back he is definitely a better option than BK for the Jets.l

Not Danny Ireland, previously of Coventry City??!

seldom
19-05-2013, 12:23 AM
Not Danny Ireland, previously of Coventry City??!

Yeah...I actually wasn't as impressed as the member...thought he struggled on several long throws from Gazzard and a couple of corners

ForeverRed
19-05-2013, 08:58 AM
Didn't think much of the keeper, he was flapping in the breeze a bit with crosses, corners and long throw ins, Jobe is wasted where his playing, he needs to play centre mid or even higher up the park in the number 10 position, any one can play holding mid in this comp, use his abilities to win games for you not defend them

ForeverRed
19-05-2013, 09:00 AM
was told Brad Waters scored for southy. How is he going out there this year?

Brads a quality player, his loving his football at the moment, spent the second half playing number 10 yesterday and did well.

19-05-2013, 10:04 AM
Yeah...I actually wasn't as impressed as the member...thought he struggled on several long throws from Gazzard and a couple of corners

+ 1 . thought he was average at best.

pv4
19-05-2013, 10:13 AM
gazzards throws <3

The Baby Piglet
19-05-2013, 10:29 AM
Didn't think much of the keeper, he was flapping in the breeze a bit with crosses, corners and long throw ins, Jobe is wasted where his playing, he needs to play centre mid or even higher up the park in the number 10 position, any one can play holding mid in this comp, use his abilities to win games for you not defend them

When yu have a 6"8 phil bures standing in front of you and gazzard rocketing throw ins like corners your in for a tough day, southy didnt score of any long throws or corners. So i think the keeper did ok

ForeverRed
19-05-2013, 10:48 AM
When yu have a 6"8 phil bures standing in front of you and gazzard rocketing throw ins like corners your in for a tough day, southy didnt score of any long throws or corners. So i think the keeper did ok
Fair point

19-05-2013, 11:03 AM
Talking of keepers, how good was the Southy keeper in u 23's. Dead set had a blinder.

ForeverRed
19-05-2013, 12:36 PM
Talking of keepers, how good was the Southy keeper in u 23's. Dead set had a blinder.your right he did play well, he was training with the jets youth and was told he was to short, what a joke

Guiltykeep
19-05-2013, 12:38 PM
Top keeper doesn't look to be old either, anyone know his age??
Surely the jets youth would be keeping him on their radar as well

evolution
19-05-2013, 12:51 PM
Anyone going to the Yoof v Magic game today? Probably be c*nt for parking with the Knights playing next door...

ForeverRed
19-05-2013, 01:10 PM
Top keeper doesn't look to be old either, anyone know his age??
Surely the jets youth would be keeping him on their radar as well
His 18

chocolate soldier
19-05-2013, 01:17 PM
from what i saw, southy were content to play long into corners and get throwins and corners and hope to scap off them from the big unit they had at the back.... hardly the passing game people talk about

ForeverRed
19-05-2013, 01:42 PM
from what i saw, southy were content to play long into corners and get throwins and corners and hope to scap off them from the big unit they had at the back.... hardly the passing game people talk about

I thought southy did it comfortably, passed the ball around without to much penetration though, bumpy pitch didnt help, jaffas work hard but lack one or two better players, they will cause a few upsets during the season

MFKS
19-05-2013, 02:04 PM

Precisely. He was clear with his calling and decisive with his actions. When he called for it he came and fisted it away so much so that Southys long throw threat was negated. There wasn't even much second phase scrambles for Southy to profit from. First half they must have had 6 in the frst 15 mins and well over a dozen all game. To negate that threat was a good effort.When he didn't want it he stayed back

There was no half arsed efforts to come for it BK style

MFKS
19-05-2013, 02:06 PM
Anyone going to the Yoof v Magic game today? Probably be c*nt for parking with the Knights playing next door...

Would suggest not parking on nature strips or any of that malarkey. Last Knights home game quite a few got booked for that shit as I seen half a dozen Brown bombers on patrol when going past

JCBT
19-05-2013, 05:57 PM
Bears 2-1 over Lakes.
Shit game to watch and Weston had enough chances to win 3 games. Lakes are in for a long season.

MFKS
19-05-2013, 05:59 PM
1st Magic 2-0
23's 1-1 draw
19's Jets 4-2
17's Magic 3-2

Even game first grade. Magic bit more clinical in front of goal. Jets opened Magic up a few times took wrong option/poor shooting.
Both teams hit the bar Magic the post. 0-0 at HT game Magic got in front thanks to Route 1 play about 60mins in. Jets had chances to shoot 2-3 times in box Mgic blocked and cleared ball hoofed up the park and Jets had 3 on 2 and somehow the Magic got a touch to the ball and were off beating the offside trap and 1-1 with the keeper and slotted home.

Zane then in his infinite wisdom 1-0 down and needing a goal took off his most likely scorer.

ZANE OUT

Magic had a goal disallowed for **** knows what with about 20 to go but sealed it a few minutes later.

That Radovan Pavicevic. FMD twice he wasted cut backs 8-10 yards out and couldn't hit the target. ****ing disgrace. The poor bloke is the new Marko Jesic

ForeverRed
19-05-2013, 06:05 PM
Charlestown 3.1 over valentine, poor game,

ilovesoccer
19-05-2013, 06:18 PM
Charlestown 3.1 over valentine, poor game,

Charlestown will go a long way this year

seldom
20-05-2013, 12:28 AM

I agree ...they seem to have that winning mentality that gets average teams home...and I don't mean any disrespect

ForeverRed
20-05-2013, 08:03 AM

Not on what I witnessed yesterday, valentine were all over them in the last 20 with Charlestown scoring their third at the end,

the_fozz
20-05-2013, 12:43 PM
Precisely. He was clear with his calling and decisive with his actions. When he called for it he came and fisted it away so much so that Southys long throw threat was negated. There wasn't even much second phase scrambles for Southy to profit from. First half they must have had 6 in the frst 15 mins and well over a dozen all game. To negate that threat was a good effort.When he didn't want it he stayed back

There was no half arsed efforts to come for it BK style

His goal kicks were phenomenal!

MFKS
20-05-2013, 04:57 PM
His goal kicks were phenomenal!

Didn't take them from what i recall??

the_fozz
20-05-2013, 09:26 PM
Didn't take them from what i recall??

I was being sarcastic. Sorry about that.

cobra23
21-05-2013, 09:42 AM
I was being sarcastic. Sorry about that.

Im now confused to MFKS.... :what:

get of the joints fozz, ha ha

MFKS
21-05-2013, 06:02 PM
Cobra >> The Fozz was praising Ireland's lack of goal kick skills.

He didn't take them. Defender came back and hoofed them to half way EVERYTIME

fresh
21-05-2013, 06:33 PM

maybe he was injuried. a goalie from australia wouldnt get a reserve spot at coventry city if he wasnt the full package.

21-05-2013, 08:54 PM
Was in the programme on Sat that goal kicks were not his strength.

Bremsstrahlung
21-05-2013, 09:26 PM
I find it a tad unbelievable that Coventry City would offer a contract to a goalkeeper not capable of taking a goal kick. Seems a pretty fundamental skill. I'm backing injury. If not, wtf.

prawnhead
21-05-2013, 11:24 PM
I find it a tad unbelievable that Coventry City would offer a contract to a goalkeeper not capable of taking a goal kick. Seems a pretty fundamental skill. I'm backing injury. If not, wtf.

No no no you are all wrong. Young Ireland has the ability to hoof it 70-80 yards up the pitch but I heard he refuses to as it goes against all he was taught at Coventry. Apparently on his first night at Jaffa’s training he went to play out short from a goal kick but was lambasted by all and sundry within earshot. He was told that that was just not the way things were done at NBN level. Young Ireland was fuming but my understanding is that a compromise was reached between coaching staff and the young shot stopper. Apparently Ireland has agreed to do his best in general goal keeping duties within general play but has flatly refused to take any more goal kicks. Due to his evident talent between the sticks, the Jaffa’s coaching staff has agreed to allow any burly defender to take goal kicks to ensure the ball is well and truly hoofed up the pitch. I hope this clears up any confusion about Jaffa’s and their goal kicks.

prawnhead
21-05-2013, 11:26 PM

What's doing with the shitty fringe still Member?

the_fozz
21-05-2013, 11:39 PM
No no no you are all wrong. Young Ireland has the ability to hoof it 70-80 yards up the pitch but I heard he refuses to as it goes against all he was taught at Coventry. Apparently on his first night at Jaffa’s training he went to play out short from a goal kick but was lambasted by all and sundry within earshot. He was told that that was just not the way things were done at NBN level. Young Ireland was fuming but my understanding is that a compromise was reached between coaching staff and the young shot stopper. Apparently Ireland has agreed to do his best in general goal keeping duties within general play but has flatly refused to take any more goal kicks. Due to his evident talent between the sticks, the Jaffa’s coaching staff has agreed to allow any burly defender to take goal kicks to ensure the ball is well and truly hoofed up the pitch. I hope this clears up any confusion about Jaffa’s and their goal kicks.

Surely you are taking the piss!

Premy
22-05-2013, 08:19 AM

I don't know what's funnier suggesting all NBN teams play hoof ball or suggesting League 1 sides don't

chocolate soldier
22-05-2013, 09:02 AM

ummmmmm me thinks this is a dead set wind up....

Zico
22-05-2013, 09:24 AM
This has to be MFKS's multi :)

cobra23
22-05-2013, 09:49 AM

After telling the fozz to get off the joints,
Im now thinking that im tripping on joints after reading this.. :confused:

TheBean
22-05-2013, 10:28 AM
Was in the programme on Sat that goal kicks were not his strength.

haha those player profiles in the Jaffas program are a pisstake, someone else writes them. Ireland has a recurring knee injury, he can kick a ball 70 yards easily, very good delivery in general, just lets someone else take goal kicks so he doesnt risk his knee

TheBean
22-05-2013, 10:43 AM
injuries have taken their toll, understandable that the coaches are looking to make some more signings. two more injuries to first grade on the weekend, to add to the already ridiculously long list.

TheBean
22-05-2013, 12:12 PM
Hopefully your new signing doesnt crack the shits and change clubs when he drops down the pecking order when you get your players back.

everyone gets their chance to secure a starting spot, im sure the coaches at every other club are just as hopeful that their players dont "crack the shits"

newie4eva
22-05-2013, 12:28 PM
Speaking of Jaffas. Interesting story in today's Herald about them signing a reserve grader from Lakes.

Hey Backstick

Do you have a link to this story ?

cheers

TheBean
22-05-2013, 01:26 PM
backstick, just realised you are a lakes supporter, clearly a bit upset players are bailing on the club :( . dont take it so personally mate

TheBean
22-05-2013, 02:12 PM
Also, you said playerS? Only one player has left. And as per the article in the Herald, with new signings he wouldve struggled for game time

cant really comment on the actions of the player to destabilise the club, whats he done? and sorry, just meant one player.

TheBean
22-05-2013, 02:15 PM
and anyway, from all the things you keep saying you dont consider him very important to your squad anyway, no need to bag him out so publicly :'(

MFKS
22-05-2013, 05:05 PM
What's doing with the shitty fringe still Member?

????

I have a No2 clipper cut all over mate.

Fringe what fringe???

ForeverRed
22-05-2013, 06:00 PM
Asking other players to jump ship as well.

Anyways, Ive had my say.

Big games this weekend

Lakes v Phoenix
Olympic v Magic
Don't understand what all the fuss is about over a player who would struggle for a spot at any club

CStein
22-05-2013, 09:26 PM
everyone gets their chance to secure a starting spot, im sure the coaches at every other club are just as hopeful that their players dont "crack the shits"

I hear that certain players are running the show at Lambton and not the head coach? Has anybody heard similar?

prawnhead
22-05-2013, 09:39 PM
????

I have a No2 clipper cut all over mate.

Fringe what fringe???

Terrible haircut mate but obviously with the times.

EH9
22-05-2013, 09:52 PM
I hear that certain players are running the show at Lambton and not the head coach? Has anybody heard similar?

Heard that this week. Rumour I heard was one player challenged the coach in front of the rest of the team when announced he was on the bench.

TheBean
22-05-2013, 10:03 PM
just rumours boys, obviously nobody wants to be on the bench, but the coaches are all pretty approachable, no need to in fighting at the Jaffas. We dont have enough players fit to be benching lads anyway haha

CStein
22-05-2013, 10:33 PM
just rumours boys, obviously nobody wants to be on the bench, but the coaches are all pretty approachable, no need to in fighting at the Jaffas. We dont have enough players fit to be benching lads anyway haha

Did you guys release a player last week to another club?

TheBean
22-05-2013, 10:38 PM
i think a couple of blokes have changed clubs, not any bad blood though- just had mates/thought theyd be happier at another club. fair enough, not everyone works out at every club.

hawk
23-05-2013, 11:30 PM
i think a couple of blokes have changed clubs, not any bad blood though- just had mates/thought theyd be happier at another club. fair enough, not everyone works out at every club.

really? season not long started and realised the mates are better company. fair enough.

Footballismyreligion
23-05-2013, 11:33 PM
Hey guys does anyone know what changes will be happening next yr to nbn and new fm? apparently they are getting rid of the under 23 grades in both comps and having under 20s,18s and 16s as well as first grade.. That is well stupid if you ask me where are all the players who aren't quite first grade yet but can play in the under 23 levels from both leagues going to go?? and Also a Newcastle team to play in the nsw premier league? who would it be?? surely only magic or the jets youth could represent Newcastle in that league.. anyways I hope that all that^ which ive been told is all bullshit!

The Magician
23-05-2013, 11:51 PM
supposedly First's, 22's, 19's, 17's, 15's, 14's, 13's... but wont know exactly until september or when FFA or Northern approve compromises to National Premier League structure thats the rumour mill floating about... NNSWF still taking submissions/comments from clubs...

Rain Rain GO AWAY!!!...

Are any other clubs taping their games like Magic have been doing... their facebook page is awsome... i know NNSWF gave clubs cameras last year but the vids on the fed web feed are just the snippets off NBN

Footballismyreligion
24-05-2013, 12:19 AM
That's ridiculous! why change under 23 to under 22s? and idiotic to say the least. As for adding 13s ,14s and 15s to nbn why??? let the youngsters enjoy their football before they have to start taking it serious and if they start the hard training at that age they will probably get over it by the age of 18 and quit!. This is Newcastle football not the Barcelona, real Madrid or Manchester united academy! They should not change anything how it is now except maybe fix the new fm league up like get rid of the trash clubs like Cessnock and singleton and throw up clubs like Cooks hill, New Lambton even Dudley redhead who all have a closed off ground and decent facilities

ForeverRed
24-05-2013, 07:41 AM
Hey guys does anyone know what changes will be happening next yr to nbn and new fm? apparently they are getting rid of the under 23 grades in both comps and having under 20s,18s and 16s as well as first grade.. That is well stupid if you ask me where are all the players who aren't quite first grade yet but can play in the under 23 levels from both leagues going to go?? and Also a Newcastle team to play in the nsw premier league? who would it be?? surely only magic or the jets youth could represent Newcastle in that league.. anyways I hope that all that^ which ive been told is all bullshit!
If you watch the hi lights of the nsw premier league you will notice some fairly ordinary grounds and facilities, so most clubs in newcastle could play in th naw state league, the jets youth could not as they don't have a ground at all

ForeverRed
24-05-2013, 07:44 AM
supposedly First's, 22's, 19's, 17's, 15's, 14's, 13's... but wont know exactly until september or when FFA or Northern approve compromises to National Premier League structure thats the rumour mill floating about... NNSWF still taking submissions/comments from clubs...

Rain Rain GO AWAY!!!...

Are any other clubs taping their games like Magic have been doing... their facebook page is awsome... i know NNSWF gave clubs cameras last year but the vids on the fed web feed are just the snippets off NBN
Not sure where you got it from but no cameras were given to clubs, south Cardiff have a flickr page with some magnificent shots updated weekly

Jaf Jaf
24-05-2013, 09:55 AM
Speaking of Jaffas. Interesting story in today's Herald about them signing a reserve grader from Lakes.

Interesting that a resrve grader plays 6 starting games from 6 in first grade this year for you. Do you have a team of reserve graders in 1st grade?
Maybe thats why lakes are not doing so well?

I mean given the chance, I would have a 40 year old in our team over a 19 year old that has been lakes best centre back.

Especially given that there is proof that Chris Turner was pleading Perisic to stay.
Credit to Perisic that he didnt actually tell the herald his real reasons for leaving.

I mean the coach saying he wasnt going to get a start when he has started every game seems a little silly to me! But hey what would I know, im just a reserve grader myself!

JCBT
24-05-2013, 10:03 AM
Weston have the presentation on their website http://www.westonfc.com.au/ I'm more than a little confused as to why the FFA would want to **** football up in this manner. This new proposal would be difficult to implement in Sydney but in this league it will only stuff it completely.

MFKS
24-05-2013, 11:59 AM
Weston have the presentation on their website http://www.westonfc.com.au/ I'm more than a little confused as to why the FFA would want to **** football up in this manner. This new proposal would be difficult to implement in Sydney but in this league it will only stuff it completely.

Thats the attitude.

The FFA proposals are to improve football long term across the country. Of course the NBN clubs would blow up. Change doesn't interest them as they struggle to move forward now. No sign of accepting change and embracing it so they can develop their clubs to be better an better run.

NO its the **** it it won't work attitude so prevalent in newy.

The biggest thing holding football up in the country is the ****wits running clubs who choose to block innovation in favour of the status quo.

Zico
24-05-2013, 01:35 PM
Thats the attitude.

The FFA proposals are to improve football long term across the country. Of course the NBN clubs would blow up. Change doesn't interest them as they struggle to move forward now. No sign of accepting change and embracing it so they can develop their clubs to be better an better run.

The biggest thing holding football up in the country is the ****wits running clubs who choose to block innovation in favour of the status quo.
Another MFKS classic.

JCBT
24-05-2013, 01:51 PM
Jaffas v Bears only 23's and first grade at this stage will go ahead. As per Weston Bears twitter account.

JCBT
24-05-2013, 01:53 PM
Thats the attitude.

Please let us know how this is a positive move for football?

MFKS
24-05-2013, 02:10 PM
Another MFKS classic. edit!

Glad to see you can't stick to the subject and wish to play the man.

I could reply in kind but I will act like an adult and pass and take the moral high ground.

MFKS
24-05-2013, 02:16 PM

How is it not??

In time it will bring players through the grades ready for senior football at younger ages. We have a bloke at 21 who has just finished his first full HAL season in Goodwin. This is too ****ing old. He should be ready at 17-19 for it not at 21. It will also force clubs to be innovative with their youth development/coaching to improve.

Sure there will be a drop in standards initially with the removal of U23's but if the clubs embrace this model in time they will have overcome the drop in standards and surpassed it

FaroeMassive
24-05-2013, 03:30 PM

It's a great move for Football!
Quite possibly the greatest initiative ever undertaken by the FFA.

Australian Football does not produce enough elite players or coaches FACT.

Having a unified national structure which forces coaches to get educated, forces clubs to develop, implement and encourage better youth development structures will only HELP us as a Footballing nation.

No longer can Joe Blow off the street coach elite players without having any effin clue what he is doing and no longer can clubs go from season to season trying to buy the best squads to win trophies that nobody other than the 9/10 teams in the competition care about.

With the NPL, elite players will always have access to accredited knowledgeable coaching, planned and structured developmental pathways for youth players are a must and clubs will now foucs on how many players they have produced who have played for the Socceroos rather than how many tin pot trophies they've won.

Sacrificing a Reserve Grade for the bigger picture is an easy compromise to make.

Imyourhero
24-05-2013, 03:48 PM
Might as well scrap 1st grade then because apparently if you aren't ready to be a 1st grader/ haven't made it professionally by 21 then there's no point in playing.

hawk
24-05-2013, 05:04 PM
soon we'll have u23.5 u23 u22.5 u22 u21.5 u21 all in the name of creating better footballers. this is a crock.

GazFish35
24-05-2013, 05:42 PM
Bring back weight for age

ace22
24-05-2013, 05:48 PM
Might as well scrap 1st grade then because apparently if you aren't ready to be a 1st grader/ haven't made it professionally by 21 then there's no point in playing.

yeah preety much. Run nbn from u6's till u18s if your not pro by 18 quit or drop and play all age is what they'd love.

Im all for them pushing development and push harder by all means with that elite .05% percent of kids. But dont ruin football for the majority while doing it.
Remember how little amount of people actually make it pro in comparason to how many that play!

Have all the young age groups you want in nbn. But Add a reserve grade! If the young kid is good enough he'll steal that washed up 29 year olds reserve grade spot anyway. If hes not good enough to well he probably isn't going big places anyway. I don't think its fair that decent quality 24 year old nbn reserve graders are dropping back to all age 'play with there mates' because there to old!

ForeverRed
24-05-2013, 06:08 PM
any games washed out this weekend, I'm over this new proposal stuff, I visited Southys ground today, you would not have known it rained, hope all get on, some great match ups also this weekend

Imyourhero
24-05-2013, 07:13 PM
yeah preety much. Run nbn from u6's till u18s if your not pro by 18 quit or drop and play all age is what they'd love.

Im all for them pushing development and push harder by all means with that elite .05% percent of kids. But dont ruin football for the majority while doing it.
Remember how little amount of people actually make it pro in comparason to how many that play!

Have all the young age groups you want in nbn. But Add a reserve grade! If the young kid is good enough he'll steal that washed up 29 year olds reserve grade spot anyway. If hes not good enough to well he probably isn't going big places anyway. I don't think its fair that decent quality 24 year old nbn reserve graders are dropping back to all age 'play with there mates' because there to old!

On the bright side Australian football will have the world's strongest all age teams...WOOHOOO!

seldom
24-05-2013, 08:36 PM
Bring back weight for age

lol...makes more sense

MFKS
25-05-2013, 01:13 AM

As for these decent 24 year olds you want playing Reserve Grade. Why aren't they at that age playing first grade. Surely be that age they should be good enough and physically up to it at that age?? If they ain't why are they still in the system??? After all the NBN is the level below the HAL for us in the Hunter. If they haven't been able to crack it at NBN first grade level before the age of 24 surely pushing them back to New FM and the Zone Leagues is the right move to allow younger blokes their chance?? I wouldn't imagine too many blokes who can't crack NBN at 24 are gonna represent the Jets/Socceroos in the future.(Though Scott Neville and Josh Mitchell provide hope)

As for your thought on it not being fair to these 24 year olds to have to drop back grades isn't the NBN level a competitive league where you are selected on merit?? This being the case no one is entitled to a spot for life. To me it is unfair on the younger players who have their playing careers slowed because these blokes are still in the system (going nowhere) and clogging it up.

I don't subscribe the theory of mediocrity is acceptable.

These changes are to push our country ahead in football and are happening all across Australia. Newy should be at the forefront yet we wish to be left behind by our interstate rivals as people can not embrace the change that is needed.

To say the current system works is a blatant lie. Name me any Socceroo of note the Hunter has produced in the last 30 years?? The last one of any note was Ray Baartz the rest have been fill ins ever since.

In the 30 odd years of National Soccer in Australia NSL/HAL nearly every decent player Newy has had has been a non Novacastrian Griffo/Carle/Spink/Boden etc

All Novacastrians playing for Jets/Utd/Breakers/KB have been in a minor supporting actor type role. Lets start producing the Leading Actors

THINGS NEED TO CHANGE

spamg172
25-05-2013, 04:04 AM
If this is the way we are going to try to progress forward, the whole thing needs to be thought of differently. At the moment we have 1st grade and then u23s. Change it to 1st grade Is only u23s with "3" over age players and reserve grade is open age. That way you have the best of that age you want to progress playing the 'main' game and all the veterans of 24-32 yrs playing the previous game. Would be a hell of a reserve grade comp and possibly improve attendance.
I might be talking gibberish but it's an idea.
Spoken by an over the hill 27yr old.

ForeverRed
25-05-2013, 07:56 AM
As for these decent 24 year olds you want playing Reserve Grade. Why aren't they at that age playing first grade. Surely be that age they should be good enough and physically up to it at that age?? If they ain't why are they still in the system??? After all the NBN is the level below the HAL for us in the Hunter. If they haven't been able to crack it at NBN first grade level before the age of 24 surely pushing them back to New FM and the Zone Leagues is the right move to allow younger blokes their chance?? I wouldn't imagine too many blokes who can't crack NBN at 24 are gonna represent the Jets/Socceroos in the future.(Though Scott Neville and Josh Mitchell provide hope)

As for your thought on it not being fair to these 24 year olds to have to drop back grades isn't the NBN level a competitive league where you are selected on merit?? This being the case no one is entitled to a spot for life. To me it is unfair on the younger players who have their playing careers slowed because these blokes are still in the system (going nowhere) and clogging it up.

I don't subscribe the theory of mediocrity is acceptable.

These changes are to push our country ahead in football and are happening all across Australia. Newy should be at the forefront yet we wish to be left behind by our interstate rivals as people can not embrace the change that is needed.

To say the current system works is a blatant lie. Name me any Socceroo of note the Hunter has produced in the last 30 years?? The last one of any note was Ray Baartz the rest have been fill ins ever since.

In the 30 odd years of National Soccer in Australia NSL/HAL nearly every decent player Newy has had has been a non Novacastrian Griffo/Carle/Spink/Boden etc

All Novacastrians playing for Jets/Utd/Breakers/KB have been in a minor supporting actor type role. Lets start producing the Leading Actors

THINGS NEED TO CHANGE
Clayton Zane

Bremsstrahlung
25-05-2013, 08:47 AM
What's the point of changing the competition? The NBN comp is not the biggest issue. It's the ego/biased/corrupt nature of these elite programs. I remember trialling for Macquarie academy, at the first invitation-only trial, there were 5-6 players that had brand new macquarie shorts and socks on. Their parents were talking to the coach, and one turned out to be the coaches son. At this level it's all about who you know, opposed to how good you are. So these players that are scouted at 11 or 12 to play in these academy teams or now the Emerging jets, get the best training, coaches, facilities and even nutrition advice. I'm sure most of you are aware that it is virtually impossible to get into these teams past this point, (unless you know someone). I never played in these academy teams, ffs I played under 12 G division because the A- grade side didn't have any trials, but I played NBN. There are quality players missing out on these programs.

What is the point of changing the age groups. Nothing will change in my opinion. The 'best' players will have been scouted long before they play first grade, and if deemed good enough, will go into the Jet's selective teams, those that are not deemed good enough will not. How will this change if we have a first grade team full of <20 year olds....

Change the way these teams are selected. Take for instance the last few years' NNSW select matches. The Senior Jets win every year. However the NNSW youth team wins every year. Does this not prove there is something wrong with the selections?
This last season in NYL we fielded a team with more local players than ever before, and they performed better than most teams before where we were getting alot of NSWPL players. I reiterate, i think we are producing the good players, but the selection/management of these talented players is lacking. Improve this aspect before you manipulate the competition to fit a certain criteria.
I would be very very interested to see how the U/20 NNSW select team would fare in the NYL. I think we are on the right path with the likes of Hoole, Pepper, Bradberry, Regan, Campbell, Faj + others? being making up the crux of the youth teams.

Thomas477
25-05-2013, 11:39 AM
any games washed out this weekend, I'm over this new proposal stuff, I visited Southys ground today, you would not have known it rained, hope all get on, some great match ups also this weekend

Lambton's u17 and u19 are washed out, but u/23 and 1st Grade still on, clearly because the u/17s and u/19/ get the advantage for the replay and not because they want to keep the fields playable for u/23s and 1st grade :lulz:

outsider
25-05-2013, 01:36 PM
Lambton's u17 and u19 are washed out, but u/23 and 1st Grade still on, clearly because the u/17s and u/19/ get the advantage for the replay and not because they want to keep the fields playable for u/23s and 1st grade :lulz:

ALL games at Jaffas are OFF
Referee federation FB page and wet weather line

GazFish35
25-05-2013, 02:34 PM
Clayton Zane

And Troy halpin

ForeverRed
25-05-2013, 02:43 PM
And Troy halpin
Correct, but he only asked for one

GazFish35
25-05-2013, 03:41 PM
Haha true.

Not too many more on the list though.

ForeverRed
25-05-2013, 04:02 PM
Haha true.

True, but it made my day

De-Champ
25-05-2013, 05:47 PM
Haha true.

Marshall Soper
Graham Jennings

Off the bench
25-05-2013, 08:29 PM
Any results from today?

ForeverRed
25-05-2013, 08:30 PM
2 nil valentine over lakes

Off the bench
25-05-2013, 08:43 PM
2 nil valentine over lakes

Thanks, did someone get sent off I heard?

seldom
25-05-2013, 11:30 PM
Thanks, did someone get sent off I heard?

Yeah the CB...and it wasn't Burty

Zico
26-05-2013, 10:31 AM
Marshall Soper
Graham Jennings
Robbie Middleby
Harry James
Richard Johnson
Keep the list coming and we will see MFKS have a rage quit :)

GazFish35
26-05-2013, 10:51 AM
Robbie Middleby
Harry James
Richard Johnson
Keep the list coming and we will see MFKS have a rage quit :)

Wishful thinking!
He said a "socceroo of note"
Could argue none are worthy.

Zico
26-05-2013, 11:03 AM
Still played at that level.

Mitchy
26-05-2013, 12:15 PM
Cahill oval is shit
Done my ankle on the ****ing cricket pitch!!!

Zico
26-05-2013, 01:13 PM
Cahill oval is shit
Done my ankle on the ****ing cricket pitch!!!
We need Captain Obvious for this post.

Imyourhero
26-05-2013, 01:17 PM
The day that valentine move fields is a day that the people rejoice in the streets!

Youaskedforit
26-05-2013, 04:18 PM
Jets 3-1 ht

TheBean
26-05-2013, 05:42 PM
Olympic 5-6 Magic. what a game! peter hayne wins it with a top corner volley last kick of the game.

there is also no way Swancott/Magics keeper are better than Daniel Ireland

ForeverRed
26-05-2013, 06:55 PM
edgy 3.1 over gunners, shit football all round, all goals scrappy, all beers cold though, should of went to magic v olympic, sounded exciting although doesnt say much for our comp with that scoreline

ForeverRed
26-05-2013, 06:56 PM
so much for criteria

ForeverRed
26-05-2013, 06:56 PM
The day that valentine move fields is a day that the people rejoice in the streets!

so much for criteria

dingdong
26-05-2013, 07:25 PM
Olympic 5-6 Magic. what a game! peter hayne wins it with a top corner volley last kick of the game.

Best game entertainment- wise in a very long time. 3 own goals and a couple of screamers so good times. Heartbreaking for an Olympic fan but great goal from Pete Haynes to win it. Magic looked pretty red hot today and will surely win minor premiership. C'Mon Olympic .

magician
26-05-2013, 08:03 PM
edgy 3.1 over gunners, shit football all round, all goals scrappy, all beers cold though, should of went to magic v olympic, sounded exciting although doesnt say much for our comp with that scoreline

Every time you write on here you become an even bigger clown! Jog on idiot

ForeverRed
26-05-2013, 08:46 PM
What?

ForeverRed
26-05-2013, 09:02 PM
Your probably one of them maceos that gives the magic supporters a bad name, if the truth hurts you move on, it's my opinion and if you don't like it tough luck, knob

Lofty
26-05-2013, 09:26 PM
So when Arsenal beat Tottenham 5-4, what does that say about the EPL? Have to agree with Magician here - you're a clown. Score lines like this happen in football sometimes, maybe just appreciate the fact you made a rookie error in not going to the round of the week, clown.

hawk
26-05-2013, 09:29 PM
oi u 3 slappers cut it out ffs.

lets hit a real issue. That NBN camera person who fked up the shoot for that last Haynes goal. bloody goose.

dingdong
26-05-2013, 09:34 PM

lets hit a real issue. That NBN camera person who fked up the shoot for that last Haynes goal. bloody goose.

Standard coverage from nbn.

hawk
26-05-2013, 09:37 PM
So when Arsenal beat Tottenham 5-4, what does that say about the EPL?

agree, any game that is close is good to watch. prefer the championship though :whistling:

TheBean
26-05-2013, 11:28 PM
final score coulda been about 8-2 to magic, some crazy goals conceded. 2 own goals, 1 direct of a corner, 1 nice finish from clayton poole (i think), one poor keeping

Thomas477
27-05-2013, 12:03 AM
Standard coverage from nbn.

Was surprised they actually showed most of the goals tbh.

seldom
27-05-2013, 01:47 AM
Your probably one of them maceos that gives the magic supporters a bad name, if the truth hurts you move on, it's my opinion and if you don't like it tough luck, knob

WOW...this helps the south cardiff cause

Forever Green
27-05-2013, 06:38 AM

You are right, Ireland is an exceptional keeper, in a poor team regardless of who you guys buy including has been jets. Tip for 2014 Ireland will move to another club regardless of what Jaff pay him.

Forever Green
27-05-2013, 06:42 AM
Best game entertainment- wise in a very long time. 3 own goals and a couple of screamers so good times. Heartbreaking for an Olympic fan but great goal from Pete Haynes to win it. Magic looked pretty red hot today and will surely win minor premiership. C'Mon Olympic .

Must have been heartbreaking for Magic fans when they were 4-1 up and then were 5-4 down. That the game so always play to the final whistle.

Forever Green
27-05-2013, 06:44 AM

Magic tv will hopefully have it...

Forever Green
27-05-2013, 06:59 AM

Unfortunately you don't talk truth and indeed you talk of your own opinions an yet don't accept others opinions. Could the truth lay somewhere in the fact you lost against edgy? Shit football all round hey? I bet Edgy thought they played well, or is it only shit football when you lose? What's the go with bad Magic supporters? I must be missing something here because apparently you have to be Macedonian to be a Magic supporter, and Macedonian to give Magic a bad name. These bad Macedonians must also be the ones who contribute to Wanderers and support the Jets Youth and Woman's leagues when they play there, and help when the fans of Wanderers congregate there, and play a part in all the Bill Turner cup games that are played there, and contribute to the over 30k which has been donated to a very worthy cause in the Westpac Rescue Helicopter from the charity shield.

It's just my opinion but when you lose it's always shit football. You are a sore loser and green Eyed full of envy.

You talk of the truth but you know not where it lives...

TheBean
27-05-2013, 11:16 AM
You are right, Ireland is an exceptional keeper, in a poor team regardless of who you guys buy including has been jets. Tip for 2014 Ireland will move to another club regardless of what Jaff pay him.

haha righto mate. newly promoted club, a lot of blokes tipped us for relegation and didnt wanna take the risk. a lot of blokes who come to jaffas get offers from "bigger" clubs, but love the atmosphere here and want to stay, i think you'll find the jaffas recruit a few more quality players next year and you'll just get more and more bitter!

immersion
27-05-2013, 12:45 PM
Hey FOREVER RED,
I missed the first 5-10min of the game yesterday. But you have been saying that the South Cardiff have been trying to play football. Seemed pretty long ball football from south cardiff. Just my opinion though. Maybe this was one off? You would be able to answer this better.

Also how did jarryd johnson manage to stay on the park? some grubby off the ball instances could have seen him pick up 3 yellows, again my opinion.

Good to see the young boy Front man Fag get toughness about him even though it only come when brother come charging in.

The southy supporters were good i thought brought a little atmosphere to the game. Even if they were singing like arabs do after a wedding lol.

As a neutral i definitely picked the wrong game to watch. Should have went to the Olympic game.

ForeverRed
27-05-2013, 01:46 PM
Jarryd a quality player but never seems to get any favours from the refs, doffs kicked him all day but got nothing from the ref so he kicks him back and gets pulled up for it, not working at nnswf office doesn't help either

immersion
27-05-2013, 01:52 PM
Jarryd a quality player but never seems to get any favours from the refs, doffs kicked him all day but got nothing from the ref so he kicks him back and gets pulled up for it, not working at nnswf office doesn't help either

Fair comment.

I actually think Jarryd gets quite a lot of favors in general. But yesterday didnt win many fouls i agree. He should of got a couple more. Though on the other hand he was quite lucky to stay on the pitch.

The contest between him and dodds was good. Thought it was going to boil over a couple of times.

militiamon
27-05-2013, 03:13 PM
I just checked this thread to see if The Member was posting (:fap:) about Kale's brace.

Very disappointed.

27-05-2013, 04:01 PM
^ Too busy you tubing on the computer shopping him around to European giants. Looking forward to the member sharing his commission with us all.

ForeverRed
27-05-2013, 04:33 PM
I just checked this thread to see if The Member was posting (:fap:) about Kale's brace.

Very disappointed.
His still getting over the fact that we picked him up on a few players who represented Australia from newcastle after ray Baartz

CStein
27-05-2013, 04:47 PM
haha righto mate. newly promoted club, a lot of blokes tipped us for relegation and didnt wanna take the risk. a lot of blokes who come to jaffas get offers from "bigger" clubs, but love the atmosphere here and want to stay, i think you'll find the jaffas recruit a few more quality players next year and you'll just get more and more bitter!

Say how did that drainage hold up over the weekend? I think your games were the only ones cancelled if i am right...

Forever Green
27-05-2013, 04:48 PM
His still getting over the fact that we picked him up on a few players who represented Australia from newcastle after ray Baartz

In my honest opinion none of those latter players counted, and yes I know you are baiting him.

Forever Green
27-05-2013, 04:52 PM
Say how did that drainage hold up over the weekend? I think your games were the only ones cancelled if i am right...

LOL they had the super soaker out all day Friday and the whole committee and a few players were rolling the ground but there must have been a problem with a broken pipe or something. I wonder why the herald didn't come and take a photo after all those tyre marks the council mower left?

Did someone say something about their ground meeting criteria? Or the drainage of a ground doesn't count?

Forever Green
27-05-2013, 04:56 PM
Hey FOREVER RED,
I missed the first 5-10min of the game yesterday. But you have been saying that the South Cardiff have been trying to play football. Seemed pretty long ball football from south cardiff. Just my opinion though. Maybe this was one off? You would be able to answer this better.

Also how did jarryd johnson manage to stay on the park? some grubby off the ball instances could have seen him pick up 3 yellows, again my opinion.

Good to see the young boy Front man Fag get toughness about him even though it only come when brother come charging in.

The southy supporters were good i thought brought a little atmosphere to the game. Even if they were singing like arabs do after a wedding lol.

As a neutral i definitely picked the wrong game to watch. Should have went to the Olympic game.

What! South Cardiff were playing long balls... NO. This is not true, it can't be. Forever Red tells us every week how they play out from the backs by passing the ball up field, not by lofting the ball to the opposite goal line... Seriously I don't believe it. Immersion you must have been wearing 3d glasses or your anti Southy.

ForeverRed
27-05-2013, 05:02 PM
What! South Cardiff were playing long balls... NO. This is not true, it can't be. Forever Red tells us every week how they play out from the backs by passing the ball up field, not by lofting the ball to the opposite goal line... Seriously I don't believe it. Immersion you must have been wearing 3d glasses or your anti Southy.
even man united played long balls occasionally, look at David Beckham, he was a gem at it, you do know who david beckham is right, oh sorry thats right your the person who's unaware that the ball is round, where on earth do you get off, put the seat back on your bike and start riding buddy

MFKS
27-05-2013, 06:17 PM

No mate been a little busy over the weekend.

As for your list of blokes you come up with. FFS

Robbie Middleby won 5 caps in the Oceania Nations Cup. Hardly pedigree
Clayton Zane won 13 caps. Injury interrupted his career but considering he was also in the era of Viduka and Kewell even if fit no one would have anticipated him upseating these blokes
Harry James wasn't aware he played for Australia. Thought he was more renowned for making Schnitzels at the Junction
Richard Johnson made 1 Socceroos appearance
Troy Halpin won 12 caps and most of those were in the Oceania Nations Cup. Hardly pedigree

As I said Socceroos of NOTE.

These blokes you guys have offered up aren't even in the top 300 players to EVER play for Australia

Even hacks like Adam Griffiths have 8 caps, Weak Ankles 2 caps Topor 2 caps Lap Running Kasey 12caps and even Gary Van Egmond got 15.

These blokes are on par with the level of candidates you come up with that were Newy born and bred stars of the Socceroos

Putting me in my place ayy:whistling:

Come back when you have some more

MFKS
27-05-2013, 06:24 PM

Very disappointed.

Kales Brace :fap:

Happy now:sup:

immersion
27-05-2013, 06:32 PM
even man united played long balls occasionally, look at David Beckham, he was a gem at it, you do know who david beckham is right, oh sorry thats right your the person who's unaware that the ball is round, where on earth do you get off, put the seat back on your bike and start riding buddy

With everything being equal. I think this post says that south cardiff have been playing the long ball for the majority of the year.

Kind of put your foot in it there ForeverRED

immersion
27-05-2013, 06:40 PM
No mate been a little busy over the weekend.

As for your list of blokes you come up with. FFS

As I said Socceroos of NOTE.

These blokes you guys have offered up aren't even in the top 300 players to EVER play for Australia

Even hacks like Adam Griffiths have 8 caps, Weak Ankles 2 caps Topor 2 caps Lap Running Kasey 12caps and even Gary Van Egmond got 15.

These blokes are on par with the level of candidates you come up with that were Newy born and bred stars of the Socceroos

Putting me in my place ayy:whistling:

Come back when you have some more

So your saying that Troy Halpin is not an Australian socceroo of note. His technical ability is of huge note. You would be hard pressed to find a better Australian footballer technically. Though his off the field mishaps may or may not have help his career no one can dispute his footballing talents.

Also everyone has seemed to forgotten that in one of the teams (there have been a couple) of the century for the socceroos who was to wear the coveted number 10 shirt?????

none other than Reg Date.

C'mon he has to classed as a player of note? Surely.

Apologies i just saw in the last 30 years.

GazFish35
27-05-2013, 06:45 PM
halpin was brilliant no doubt, but what did he acheive on the international stage. that would make him a socceroos "of note"

and Reg Date? ...... MKFS wa stalking baout players the hunter has produced in the last 30 years, not in the 30's

im with MKFS on this. the hunter should be producing more.
not sure i agree with how he thinks it should be done, as all he seems to put forward is "not the way it is currently"

ForeverRed
27-05-2013, 06:50 PM
With everything being equal. I think this post says that south cardiff have been playing the long ball for the majority of the year.

You need to put your seat on your bike also knob, tell me one team who plays technically correct for 90 minutes, ffs

immersion
27-05-2013, 06:54 PM
halpin was brilliant no doubt, but what did he acheive on the international stage. that would make him a socceroos "of note"

and Reg Date? ...... MKFS wa stalking baout players the hunter has produced in the last 30 years, not in the 30's

im with MKFS on this. the hunter should be producing more.
not sure i agree with how he thinks it should be done, as all he seems to put forward is "not the way it is currently"

Since newcastle has only a population of around 600,000, 546,000 last census if i remember correctly.

that represents 2.61% of the population. The think Newcastle is doing alright when you put it into population terms.

Though when you put it into footballing perspective. i would like to know the quality of the newcastle between the ages 10-16 per 1000kids. I think the newcastle area would be up there. What is happening with the developemtn around 14+ ages?

27-05-2013, 07:04 PM
^ I think our kids go alright. Last season Ch/town U14'S went to Kanga Cup in ACT and Lakes U14's Blue went and played Sydney Youth Cup. Both teams went very well.

MFKS
27-05-2013, 07:05 PM
Since newcastle has only a population of around 600,000, 546,000 last census if i remember correctly.

that represents 2.61% of the population. The think Newcastle is doing alright when you put it into population terms.

Though when you put it into footballing perspective. i would like to know the quality of the newcastle between the ages 10-16 per 1000kids. I think the newcastle area would be up there. What is happening with the developemtn around 14+ ages?

Wollongong has less population of note and in the last 10 years have had no National league team and have given Chipperfield and Wilkshire their starts in life and football and both have been cornerstones of Socceroos teams in the last decade. Not having the slightest clue on the Gong region I wouldn't know who else they have offered up

We have a National team more population and a Federation behind us and produce nothing.

To say we are doing alright is half the problem. Denial that there is a big problem. Far too many in Newy whinge when we get left behind others and struggle but refuse to do what is required to be the best

Jardelsimage
27-05-2013, 08:27 PM
Wollongong has less population of note and in the last 10 years have had no National league team and have given Chipperfield and Wilkshire their starts in life and football and both have been cornerstones of Socceroos teams in the last decade. Not having the slightest clue on the Gong region I wouldn't know who else they have offered up

We have a National team more population and a Federation behind us and produce nothing.

To say we are doing alright is half the problem. Denial that there is a big problem. Far too many in Newy whinge when we get left behind others and struggle but refuse to do what is required to be the best

can we open up another thread to discuss how MKFS is so disappointed and how he is going to tell us how to change football in Newcastle,
this thread should be about the results and how southy use the long ball(I was also there and that's not the way I saw it).
last one for the ones who want to change the game in Newcastle,
stop setting the bar to high, it's not the aleague and never will be and if don't like it as said in earlier post don't go..........
we have produced some good footballers over the years and if you guage success on the amount of internationals we produce or dont, well get a life.
enough said cheers

prawnhead
27-05-2013, 08:46 PM

And not only the long ball but copious amounts of long throws too.......:blush:

ForeverRed
27-05-2013, 08:51 PM
And not only the long ball but copious amounts of long throws too.......:blush:

instead of calling this the 'NBN State League' thread, lets change it to 'Lets hate southy and suck off magic' thread.

TheBean
27-05-2013, 08:57 PM

was wondering when you were gonna pipe up c-stain. we have been honest about our drainage problems all season, do you want us to get the bulldozers and dig up the field midseason :wacko:

you were the one saying we were making up the problems before magic cos we didnt want to play- surely this supports that we were telling the truth you peanut. if our field was ok to play you probably would be on here squawking about it proving your point.

27-05-2013, 09:02 PM

So what are you doing to effect change Member ?.

Add Sterjovski to your list from the Gong.

Ch/town won the Kanga and Lakes got done in the final in a pen shoot out .

prawnhead
27-05-2013, 09:07 PM
instead of calling this the 'NBN State League' thread, lets change it to 'Lets hate southy and suck off magic' thread.

Not at all BR. However, at times you should consider thinking a little more before hacking off on your keyboard. It would certainly do Southy far more justice...

MFKS
27-05-2013, 09:08 PM
So what are you doing to effect change Member ?.

Stirring you ****ers Up for a start. :sup:

prawnhead
27-05-2013, 09:10 PM

How was the brace mate??

27-05-2013, 09:10 PM
Bout time you fired up, for a moment there i thought you were going soft on us all.

prawnhead
27-05-2013, 09:18 PM
Not at all BR. However, at times you should consider thinking a little more before hacking off on your keyboard. It would certainly do Southy far more justice...

And by the way, BR stands for Bullshit Regular.............

hawk
27-05-2013, 09:22 PM
rofl, and put seats on bikes thread.

srz long ball in behind the defence is an art, Becks lived it. most overated but did it to the inch.

MFKS
27-05-2013, 09:28 PM
And by the way, BR stands for Bullshit Regular.............:lol:

Thomas477
27-05-2013, 09:46 PM

:blush:

Love your work MFKS.

ForeverRed
27-05-2013, 09:50 PM
Not sure why you called me BR, but anyway I'm over this, adios

prawnhead
27-05-2013, 09:55 PM
Not sure why you called me BR, but anyway I'm over this, adios

BR:wink::wink:. Anyway we shall all anticipate your next post with baited breath ............

CStein
27-05-2013, 10:10 PM
was wondering when you were gonna pipe up c-stain. we have been honest about our drainage problems all season, do you want us to get the bulldozers and dig up the field midseason :wacko:

you were the one saying we were making up the problems before magic cos we didnt want to play- surely this supports that we were telling the truth you peanut. if our field was ok to play you probably would be on here squawking about it proving your point.

No worries DT. Maybe you were telling the truth and maybe you and the club were not telling the truth, and maybe you had all the committee and half the team there as well as smsing you not to call the game off, and maybe there were three or four people max standing around looking at the ground as i seen with my own eyes, obviously the rest were in the dressing rooms texting you.

Anyhow the question is should the criteria extend to ground quality? If so Adamstown should have been promoted last year regardless of their position on the ladder, and no im not advocating this as a criteria, BUT there has to be some standards there.

CStein
27-05-2013, 10:18 PM

LOL. Sore loser.

Bremsstrahlung
27-05-2013, 10:21 PM
Feel for foreverred, makes a subtle comment that could easily be ignored. Instead it is magnified into a controversial comment and everyone makes it bigger than some of the egos here.

MFKS
27-05-2013, 10:23 PM
Feel for foreverred, makes a subtle comment that could easily be ignored. Instead it is magnified into a controversial comment and everyone makes it bigger than some of the egos here.

The bloke brings it upon himself by taking some stuff here far too seriously

Bremsstrahlung
27-05-2013, 10:34 PM
Agree to an extent. Easily baited, but who can blame him when 90% of posts are having a go/personal dig.

Granted, he does bring it upon himself with some comments. But some are reasonable, and still draw the same attention.

/mediation.

prawnhead
27-05-2013, 10:39 PM

Maybe he should monitor the amount of 'subtle' comments that he throws out there. Arguably with some of his comments, he could quite easily be considered to be one of the largest egos in the Local Forum. Adios........

TheBean
27-05-2013, 10:44 PM
No worries DT. Maybe you were telling the truth and maybe you and the club were not telling the truth, and maybe you had all the committee and half the team there as well as smsing you not to call the game off, and maybe there were three or four people max standing around looking at the ground as i seen with my own eyes, obviously the rest were in the dressing rooms texting you.

Anyhow the question is should the criteria extend to ground quality? If so Adamstown should have been promoted last year regardless of their position on the ladder, and no im not advocating this as a criteria, BUT there has to be some standards there.

onya C-Stain. im not DT but i know that i was messaging the coaches asking if the game was on or off (pretty sure the players dont message anyone instructing them to call it on or off). i also know that the committee is absolutely filthy about the game getting called off cos they want to see crowds at Edden and night matches get less people. another issue is all our home games are on saturday, so we have one less day to recover from late in the week rain. once again, we have admitted our pitch problems.

and regarding the criteria im pretty sure this issue has only popped up this season (i could be wrong, as i am not on the committee). I dont recall missing a significantly greater number of games than other teams in NEWFM last season.

and i think the major criteria for promotion should be the best team- which jaffas clearly were last year.

you seem to have some major beef with jaffas c-stain. get over it and move on, you are coming across really pathetic. its not gonna affect the season to any great degree, who do you support if you dont mind me asking? you seem to be really obsessed with lambton bro

immersion
27-05-2013, 10:48 PM
You need to put your seat on your bike also knob, tell me one team who plays technically correct for 90 minutes, ffs

you get get super defensive and start bagging people when they voice their opinion, very similar as you do amazing isn't it?

You wonder why southy and yourself get hammered on here. Self explanatory isn't it?

boz-monaut
27-05-2013, 10:52 PM
next snarky remark gets a ban for a few months

Premy
27-05-2013, 11:05 PM
Well there goes my late night entertainment I even had the pop-corn in the microwave. Guess ill just get back to the Buddha and Lumberjack love affair in the ZL1 thread

CStein
27-05-2013, 11:05 PM
onya C-Stain. im not DT but i know that i was messaging the coaches asking if the game was on or off (pretty sure the players dont message anyone instructing them to call it on or off). i also know that the committee is absolutely filthy about the game getting called off cos they want to see crowds at Edden and night matches get less people. another issue is all our home games are on saturday, so we have one less day to recover from late in the week rain. once again, we have admitted our pitch problems.

and regarding the criteria im pretty sure this issue has only popped up this season (i could be wrong, as i am not on the committee). I dont recall missing a significantly greater number of games than other teams in NEWFM last season.

and i think the major criteria for promotion should be the best team- which jaffas clearly were last year.

you seem to have some major beef with jaffas c-stain. get over it and move on, you are coming across really pathetic. its not gonna affect the season to any great degree, who do you support if you dont mind me asking? you seem to be really obsessed with lambton bro

DT = Drainage Trouble. Indeed you were the best team but not the best facility, but thats just how it goes. It may not effect your season but there could be nothing worse than mid week games for a team, on the other hand a mid week game is great if you want to get out and watch some team play, albeit a team worth watching.

And i support a number of teams but particularly New Lambton. And yes my grip is that the Jaffas STOLE Arthur Eden from us!

Forever Green
27-05-2013, 11:11 PM
The bloke brings it upon himself by taking some stuff here far too seriously

Not to mention complaining about how other teams are playing the long ball and defending his own team and yet clearly his team seems to be the most guilty of it. Play the ball from the backs not boot it forward to the opposing backs and you will be amazed and how much our game will be entertaining.

Forever Green
27-05-2013, 11:12 PM

Bayearn Munchen... Evidently.

pv4
27-05-2013, 11:12 PM
fwiw nearly every player who has played both aleague and nsl has said that halpo is the best player they've played with or against.

TheBean
28-05-2013, 12:07 AM
DT = Drainage Trouble. Indeed you were the best team but not the best facility, but thats just how it goes. It may not effect your season but there could be nothing worse than mid week games for a team, on the other hand a mid week game is great if you want to get out and watch some team play, albeit a team worth watching.

And i support a number of teams but particularly New Lambton. And yes my grip is that the Jaffas STOLE Arthur Eden from us!

we've never claimed to have the best facility, its improving out of sight every season though. sorry to hear you have a gripe with jaffas :''(

CStein
28-05-2013, 07:35 AM
we've never claimed to have the best facility, its improving out of sight every season though. sorry to hear you have a gripe with jaffas :''(

With the amount of money and time NCC and Newcastle Football put into this facility you should have the best facility going around, i mean they did pay for the amenities, grandstand, drainage and watering systems, and upkeep of the pitch. Im sure Jaffs have contributed but i cant figure out where, maybe the ticket box? Oh and i do realise you have spent dollars on players, probably big dollars, only a guess. The criteria should not solely be based on the best team and i believe in previous years teams have been denied access to higher leagues because of poor facilities, but i mean your pitch is the only problem right? All the other improvements that NCC built look excellent.

Anyhow when is the rescheduled game v Weston?

CStein
28-05-2013, 07:38 AM

My gripe is with BS excuses and BS statements, and BS articles in the Herald.

TheBean
28-05-2013, 10:19 AM
With the amount of money and time NCC and Newcastle Football put into this facility you should have the best facility going around, i mean they did pay for the amenities, grandstand, drainage and watering systems, and upkeep of the pitch. Im sure Jaffs have contributed but i cant figure out where, maybe the ticket box? Oh and i do realise you have spent dollars on players, probably big dollars, only a guess. The criteria should not solely be based on the best team and i believe in previous years teams have been denied access to higher leagues because of poor facilities, but i mean your pitch is the only problem right? All the other improvements that NCC built look excellent.

next wednesday, 19s and 23s are meant to be tomoro night but may be rained out (yeah all our 23s players are messaging the coaches asking for it to be called off :sigh:).
and regarding BS excuses and BS statements, I am not aware of the bullshit that our committee or coaches have been saying about the ground. Cant comment on the herald, I'm not in charge of what they write.

goaliepersempre
28-05-2013, 10:49 AM

and phoenix relagated.....

FaroeMassive
28-05-2013, 11:25 AM

How much have New Lambton spent developing facilities in the last 30 years?
Ohh hang on they haven't spent one dime...all their money goes into renting a ground from Adamstown.

People in glass houses champ!!

CStein
28-05-2013, 10:40 PM
How much have New Lambton spent developing facilities in the last 30 years?
Ohh hang on they haven't spent one dime...all their money goes into renting a ground from Adamstown.

People in glass houses champ!!

Actually we have contributed to the beer hut and some lighting at Adamstown PArk. more than i can say for you BUD...

The Magician
28-05-2013, 11:57 PM
Rumblings.... a major signing to be announced at Magic

immersion
29-05-2013, 12:35 AM

seldom
29-05-2013, 02:38 AM

What another one besides Pettit ?

ForeverRed
29-05-2013, 07:46 AM
Actually we have contributed to the beer hut and some lighting at Adamstown PArk. more than i can say for you BUD...
Eden oval actually belongs to new lambton, the jaffas fed the local council member bullshit, alma Tate I think it was back then, and had them kicked out, the jaffas showed no inkling for promotion from newfm for 15 years and all of a sudden want to tell other clubs how its done, talk about glass houses

ForeverRed
29-05-2013, 09:27 AM
What another one besides Pettit ?
Amazing what one can do with an extra $30k

plague
29-05-2013, 09:56 AM
Stoked to have Foreverred back.
Worst rage quit ever though dude. Need to work on that.

FaroeMassive
29-05-2013, 10:05 AM

Hahaha....well I have seriously been proven wrong haha!
4 x 4 Beer Hut the Tahj Mahal of Newcastle Football!

ForeverRed
29-05-2013, 10:09 AM
Stoked to have Foreverred back.
Worst rage quit ever though dude. Need to work on that.
Haha

FaroeMassive
29-05-2013, 10:16 AM
Eden oval actually belongs to new lambton, the jaffas fed the local council member bullshit, alma Tate I think it was back then, and had them kicked out, the jaffas showed no inkling for promotion from newfm for 15 years and all of a sudden want to tell other clubs how its done, talk about glass houses

Hmmm I can't see where it ever belonged to anyone but the NCC?
Also didn't realise South Cardiff were such a historic title winning club all these years haha!
I guess you feel Cardiff City shouldn't have been promoted this season becasue until the last 3 years they haven't looked like getting promoted?

Australian Football is the way it is because of bitter self obsessed numpties like you.
This forum is a disgrace. How gooses like yourself constantly bag everyone and everything without an ounce of knowledge or evidence is beyond me.

It's supposed to be a forum for discussing Football and the NBN State League in particular, not a forum for bitching and whinging about this club did that, they don't deserve that etc etc.

ForeverRed
29-05-2013, 10:26 AM
Hmmm I can't see where it ever belonged to anyone but the NCC?
Also didn't realise South Cardiff were such a historic title winning club all these years haha!
I guess you feel Cardiff City shouldn't have been promoted this season becasue until the last 3 years they haven't looked like getting promoted?

Australian Football is the way it is because of bitter self obsessed numpties like you.
This forum is a disgrace. How gooses like yourself constantly bag everyone and everything without an ounce of knowledge or evidence is beyond me.

It's supposed to be a forum for discussing Football and the NBN State League in particular, not a forum for bitching and whinging about this club did that, they don't deserve that etc etc.

mate, I mentioned nothing about winning titles or anything to do with Cardiff City, just stated facts that happened many a year ago that I was actually involved with

FaroeMassive
29-05-2013, 10:40 AM
mate, I mentioned nothing about winning titles or anything to do with Cardiff City, just stated facts that happened many a year ago that I was actually involved with

You didn't state one fact.
Edden Oval never belonged to New Lambton. They played there yes, but it has never belonged to anyone but the NCC.

Also showing no inkling for promotion is wrong. They won it and got denied by criteria in 2002 and got pipped by goal difference in 2003. Also ran second in 2007. Not really a club who showed no inkling for promotion.

You bag every club in Newcastle bar South Cardiff and 99.9% of what you write is incorrect.

It is a FACT that you do not let the truth get in the way of a good story!

hawk
29-05-2013, 12:30 PM

I believe you didnt take your own advice. Beware of the FR baits. Its meant for NBN scores, news and a bit of proven histroy.

ForeverRed
29-05-2013, 12:44 PM
I believe you didnt take your own advice. Beware of the FR baits. Its meant for NBN scores, news and a bit of proven histroy.

I get em all the time, sore tummy from laughing

MFKS
29-05-2013, 12:51 PM
Forever Red 1

Faroe Massive 0

FM is so right with what he says though

The Baby Piglet
29-05-2013, 01:10 PM
Anyone have any theories why lakes are not performing. Have a very strong team on paper....

ForeverRed
29-05-2013, 01:15 PM
good question, not sure but I know they payed out some descent dollars this year, may be that has something to do with it, players not performing but getting paid anyway, plus they have a few older players there, gumprecht, brown, mathews are all into their late thirties plus Burt who is 40, I'm sure they will come good soon as they have a descent roster.

immersion
29-05-2013, 03:07 PM
good question, not sure but I know they payed out some descent dollars this year, may be that has something to do with it, players not performing but getting paid anyway, plus they have a few older players there, gumprecht, brown, mathews are all into their late thirties plus Burt who is 40, I'm sure they will come good soon as they have a descent roster.

Sorry couldn't help myself 2 images in row for me.

The piglet stated they have a decent team and wondering if anyone had any thoughts on why they were under performing. I am not sure if your suggesting they have an under-performing team or they are poor quality team. you started off saying something almost profound one would say, then lost your direction. Would like to hear your thoughts a little more clearly.

In regards to the piglets question, i would suggest that the problem are coming from the gaffer. Usually when a team looks good on paper and is not getting results it is because the gaffer can't get the best out of them. Could be tactics, poor training, man management etc. Maybe someone with affiliation with lakes could shed some light on this?

TheBean
29-05-2013, 04:30 PM
i think that german fella has been a real disappointment, does anyone agree/disagree? From what ive seen of him he has been very quiet, considering he was meant to be their player to watch this season.

seldom
29-05-2013, 08:32 PM
Anyone have any theories why lakes are not performing. Have a very strong team on paper....

Heard from a 23s player at lakes that they have small numbers at training including 1st graders

wannabe
29-05-2013, 11:06 PM

Spot on forever.don't think any other club can afford to pay their top 14 players every week whether they play or not

wannabe
29-05-2013, 11:13 PM

Spot on forever.don't think any other club can afford to pay their top 14 players every week whether they play or not

The Magician
29-05-2013, 11:20 PM

Hahahahahaha... When you find one that does call me so i can sign up.

CStein
29-05-2013, 11:29 PM

I heard they made 60k from grand final last year... And i heard they made 20k from the Charity Shield but only passed on 4k to the westpac rescue helicopter.

CStein
29-05-2013, 11:32 PM

I suppose thats why all the best players want to play there. But hang on isn't half their team from their junior ranks, not to mention their juniors that are playing for the Jets Youth?

I hear Jaffs are top payers, especially as they dont have to contribute anything to their ground upkeep.

CStein
29-05-2013, 11:34 PM
You didn't state one fact.
Edden Oval never belonged to New Lambton. They played there yes, but it has never belonged to anyone but the NCC.

Also showing no inkling for promotion is wrong. They won it and got denied by criteria in 2002 and got pipped by goal difference in 2003. Also ran second in 2007. Not really a club who showed no inkling for promotion.

You bag every club in Newcastle bar South Cardiff and 99.9% of what you write is incorrect.

It is a FACT that you do not let the truth get in the way of a good story!

This is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!

CStein
29-05-2013, 11:36 PM
Hahaha....well I have seriously been proven wrong haha!
4 x 4 Beer Hut the Tahj Mahal of Newcastle Football!

And the major bonus is the beers are nice and cold.

wannabe
29-05-2013, 11:44 PM
[QUOTE=CStein;38820]I suppose thats why all the best players want to play there. But hang on isn't half their team from their junior ranks, not to mention their juniors that are playing for the Jets Youth?junior ranks?????bowling from phoenix,virgilli from Olympic,parker from lakes,comerford from lakes,caseroli from Olympic,Tippett from Weston,Griffith's from Olympic,Berlin from Olympic,hakan from phoenix. Heaps of juniors or heaps of coin to buy players? I won't say funded by hosting gfs

pv4
29-05-2013, 11:50 PM
Didn't virgilli come from edgy?

Also, lrn2quote

wannabe
30-05-2013, 12:06 AM
Didn't virgilli come from edgy?

Also, lrn2quote

Sorry for not quoting properly pv4. Thought virgilli was playing at Olympic when namov and chilli were coaching there a few years ago,but I could be wrong

Thomas477
30-05-2013, 12:08 AM
i think that german fella has been a real disappointment, does anyone agree/disagree? From what ive seen of him he has been very quiet, considering he was meant to be their player to watch this season.

Isn't that Andre Grumpchret, formally of the Scum?

And Christ this thread is petty, good entertainment though :popcorn:

Forever Green
30-05-2013, 12:11 AM
I heard they made 60k from grand final last year... And i heard they made 20k from the Charity Shield but only passed on 4k to the westpac rescue helicopter.

I remember hearing that a certain individual from another club in the NBN League accused magic of short changing the charity shield one year. Northern directed him to apologize to magic for making the accusations, on Facebook I recall, and threatened this person with bringing the game into disrepute. This person has been known to also make claims on what monies magic makes from hosting the GF each year. Point being this person has a track record for being dishonest and untrustworthy.

Forever Green
30-05-2013, 12:13 AM

No broken bones, and very entertaining. And believe it or not there is even some football matters talked about from time to time.

ForeverRed
30-05-2013, 07:26 AM
I remember hearing that a certain individual from another club in the NBN League accused magic of short changing the charity shield one year. Northern directed him to apologize to magic for making the accusations, on Facebook I recall, and threatened this person with bringing the game into disrepute. This person has been known to also make claims on what monies magic makes from hosting the GF each year. Point being this person has a track record for being dishonest and untrustworthy.
My tummy hurts from laughter, got him hook, line and sinker Cstein

dingdong
30-05-2013, 07:53 AM
Sorry for not quoting properly pv4. Thought virgilli was playing at Olympic when namov and chilli were coaching there a few years ago,but I could be wrong

He was at Olympic but only for the time naumov and chilli were there. Edgeworth before that.

TheBean
30-05-2013, 09:08 AM

nah i meant the other german (florian/flo???). saw him as a disappointing left back (i think) against olympic and then a disappointing forward against jaffas. not having a go at lakes, just wondering if someone who has been to more games had a different opinion or agreed.

ForeverRed
30-05-2013, 09:27 AM
Lakes play jets youth on Saturday, the member could be in for a joyous day if kayle aims up

MFKS
30-05-2013, 09:42 AM

Forever Green.

This person who made these accusations are you in a position to enlighten us to which club the person who made them was affiliated with???
(Understand if you are not able to)

Fingers Crossed Please be Southy Please be Southy:fap:

cobra23
30-05-2013, 10:16 AM
I suppose thats why all the best players want to play there. But hang on isn't half their team from their junior ranks, not to mention their juniors that are playing for the Jets Youth?junior ranks?????bowling from phoenix,virgilli from Olympic,parker from lakes,comerford from lakes,caseroli from Olympic,Tippett from Weston,Griffith's from Olympic,Berlin from Olympic,hakan from phoenix. Heaps of juniors or heaps of coin to buy players? I won't say funded by hosting gfs

wrong wannabe,

- bowling started at toronto
- virgilli started at Edgy
- Casaciaroli started at Magic
- hakan Canli started at Magic
- Berlin started at Edgy
The rest you mentioned im not sure of. probbably wrong with those but aswell.
Anyway can you mention to me who at olympic NOW, actually played there first ever firstgrade game for Olympic

The Baby Piglet
30-05-2013, 10:37 AM
thb i dont know what all the complaining is about. Magic have the best complex/ground in the league. The only other options i see are: 1) Use Adamtown's ground, in which case all funds go to a team not in the NBN league or 2) hire either No1 or No2 sports ground in newcastle, northern NSW run the day i.e.sell beer, food ect.... and divide the profit among the NBN clubs.

P.S i really believe no other club would run GF day as good as magic

pv4
30-05-2013, 10:42 AM
:rof: this argument again.

i love magic hosting it. i'd also like to see lakes given a go though tbh. love lakes ground, and general setup

The Baby Piglet
30-05-2013, 10:45 AM
The set up is decent i agree there, but the ground ??? ive seen better football pitches in a kenyan school yard