PDA

View Full Version : 2013 NBN State League Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

The Baby Piglet
30-05-2013, 10:52 AM
A little off topic, but i have a question for MFKS. Do you know by any chance if Kale has an older brother named Luke ??? Thought he may have played in the State League a few years ago.

ForeverRed
30-05-2013, 10:54 AM
Forever Green.

This person who made these accusations are you in a position to enlighten us to which club the person who made them was affiliated with???
(Understand if you are not able to)

Fingers Crossed Please be Southy Please be Southy:fap:

Totally wrong forevergreen, nnswf actually ended up apologising to the person your trying to accuse as it was a case of mistaken identity, I would get your facts right before you make any more school boy claims and be very careful where you tread,
silly boy.

hawk
30-05-2013, 11:37 AM
Shut the talk about the charity. No more suggestions, questions, accusations. It's finished, finito.

dingdong
30-05-2013, 11:59 AM
wrong wannabe,

- bowling started at toronto
- virgilli started at Edgy
- Casaciaroli started at Magic
- hakan Canli started at Magic
- Berlin started at Edgy
The rest you mentioned im not sure of. probbably wrong with those but aswell.
Anyway can you mention to me who at olympic NOW, actually played there first ever firstgrade game for Olympic

All those players u mention have played at multiple clubs. How many 1st graders of note that are still playing are one club men ??

Youaskedforit
30-05-2013, 12:05 PM
All those players u mention have played at multiple clubs. How many 1st graders of note that are still playing are one club men ??

What is a one club man ?. Never heard of such a thing these days

Onehunglow
30-05-2013, 12:17 PM
Hakan Canli first played first grade at lakes

Imyourhero
30-05-2013, 12:19 PM
If you guys get so hyped up about players who have stayed at one club for years weston would have to take the cake with a few of their players.

immersion
30-05-2013, 12:52 PM
:rof: this argument again.

i love magic hosting it. i'd also like to see lakes given a go though tbh. love lakes ground, and general setup

Yeah not a bad option. But where would everyone park? It is hard enough getting a park on a normal game day. Imagine a GF day? You might as well park at pippis buy a carton and drink it on the walk down :lol:

MFKS
30-05-2013, 01:49 PM
:rof: this argument again.

i love magic hosting it. i'd also like to see lakes given a go though tbh. love lakes ground, and general setup

Gotta watch these blokes in the West lakes area.

Half the reason they want it down that way is they are home in half the time that it would take to drive back from Broadmeadow.
They will spin you whatever they want about the ground being up to standard etc but its all an elaborate plot to cut down their travel times

There are crafty lot down West lakes way

Zico
30-05-2013, 01:51 PM
Yeah not a bad option. But where would everyone park? It is hard enough getting a park on a normal game day. Imagine a GF day? You might as well park at pippis buy a carton and drink it on the walk down :lol:

Was a great atmosphere in the years gone by when cars were parked 3 and 4 deep up on the hills at Lakes. Not sure OH&S laws would allow it now but it was fantastic with all the car horns and people in the ground. Imagine the liquor licence rules now and the checks of every car coming in. Fkn fun police lol

Thomas477
30-05-2013, 03:08 PM
No, Andre has played 1 game. His role at Lakes is mainly coaching juniors.

Cheers mate.

ForeverRed
30-05-2013, 03:17 PM
Edgy believe the grand final is at their ground this year, only repeating what I heard on the weekend

MFKS
30-05-2013, 03:23 PM
Edgy believe the grand final is at their ground this year, only repeating what I heard on the weekend

WHy are they getting 30k this year to pay for the termite spray needed??

prawnhead
30-05-2013, 03:37 PM

Gee I hope they don't get it. Edgy have done some great things out at their ground over recent times but IMO by far the best venue to watch the GF at is Wanderers.

And I have no allegiance with either club.

ForeverRed
30-05-2013, 03:42 PM
WHy are they getting 30k this year to pay for the termite spray needed??
How will I get home, no trains out that way

Zico
30-05-2013, 04:30 PM

Hope not. That ground isn't close to Wanderers and if it rains within a fortnight of the Grand Final they will postpone it :)

ForeverRed
30-05-2013, 04:41 PM
Hope not. That ground isn't close to Wanderers and if it rains within a fortnight of the Grand Final they will postpone it :)
Your right, but their head honcho believes it is, hope his wrong , anywhere but edgy

immersion
30-05-2013, 05:02 PM
Your right, but their head honcho believes it is, hope his wrong , anywhere but edgy

Really any where other than Edgy? Magic have the best facilities bar none and should be holding the grand final. The money they earn from it is due to their good work IMO.

But other than Edgy? You opinion oozes of being biased. Imagine having it Darling Street or South Cardiff. you would be better off having it at the mythical Jets Youth home ground LOL.

MFKS
30-05-2013, 05:23 PM
Really any where other than Edgy? Magic have the best facilities bar none and should be holding the grand final. The money they earn from it is due to their good work IMO.

But other than Edgy? You opinion oozes of being biased. Imagine having it Darling Street or South Cardiff. you would be better off having it at the mythical Jets Youth home ground LOL.

This mythical Jets Yoof home ground you are talking about will happen one day. They will shoulder in on someone get a toehold and away they go

MFKS
30-05-2013, 05:27 PM
Gee I hope they don't get it. Edgy have done some great things out at their ground over recent times but IMO by far the best venue to watch the GF at is Wanderers.

And I have no allegiance with either club.

Other than the new cemented seated area near the entrance to the ground and a cement path put around the perimeter and the demolition of the termite riddled stands behind the southern goal can you enlighten me as to what it is that has improved there in the 20 odd years since I first went to Edgy?? Coz it looks like the same ground to me but 20 years older

wannabe
30-05-2013, 05:41 PM
wrong wannabe,

- bowling started at toronto
- virgilli started at Edgy
- Casaciaroli started at Magic
- hakan Canli started at Magic
- Berlin started at Edgy
The rest you mentioned im not sure of. probbably wrong with those but aswell.
Anyway can you mention to me who at olympic NOW, actually played there first ever firstgrade game for Olympic

Sorry cobra, I wasn't mentioning where these players started,I was only saying where magic signed them from.wouldnt have a clue where half of them started

ForeverRed
30-05-2013, 05:56 PM

Why wouldn't you have it at those clubs, given a chance grounds are quite easily set up for the day, temporary stands etc etc, if only they were given a chance, if nnswf hire the magic ground for the gf then all participating clubs should share in the profit, at least the gate takings,everyone deserves a chance, if it doesn't work then so be it, we can't keep filling up other clubs bank accounts year after year and expect ALL others involved to compete evenly

ForeverRed
30-05-2013, 05:59 PM
Casaciaroli started at south Cardiff

30-05-2013, 06:02 PM
to the best of my knowledge the players playing NOW! for Olympic who hadn't played 1st grade at another club before are: Matt Harper,Mason Campbell,Ben Koina ,Heath Kepreotes,Pat Brown.

GazFish35
30-05-2013, 06:13 PM
Why wouldn't you have it at those clubs, given a chance grounds are quite easily set up for the day, temporary stands etc etc, if only they were given a chance, if nnswf hire the magic ground for the gf then all participating clubs should share in the profit, at least the gate takings,everyone deserves a chance, if it doesn't work then so be it, we can't keep filling up other clubs bank accounts year after year and expect ALL others involved to compete evenly

Nbn = la liga

seldom
30-05-2013, 06:14 PM
Gotta watch these blokes in the West lakes area.

Half the reason they want it down that way is they are home in half the time that it would take to drive back from Broadmeadow.
They will spin you whatever they want about the ground being up to standard etc but its all an elaborate plot to cut down their travel times

There are crafty lot down West lakes way

Rathmines oval would be good. Can get there by boat also

MFKS
30-05-2013, 06:16 PM

But Forever Red are you saying the only reason Magic are at the top of the tree is because they get to host the GF and make a few extra dollars on everyone else??

Do they not work harder and better than everyone else??

The only thing stopping other clubs from having what Magic have and get is the way they choose to run their clubs. Maybe the old adage of getting your own house in order is appropriate.

At present in my thinking of where to host the GF it is Wanderers Oval then daylight then daylight then some more daylight before considering anyone else

ForeverRed
30-05-2013, 06:31 PM
But Forever Red are you saying the only reason Magic are at the top of the tree is because they get to host the GF and make a few extra dollars on everyone else??

Do they not work harder and better than everyone else??

The only thing stopping other clubs from having what Magic have and get is the way they choose to run their clubs. Maybe the old adage of getting your own house in order is appropriate.

At present in my thinking of where to host the GF it is Wanderers Oval then daylight then daylight then some more daylight before considering anyone else
you can run your club any way you can if your finacially stable, its not a stab at magic,Im sure all clubs work equally hard, nnswf need to do better, as we are all aware of

prawnhead
30-05-2013, 11:16 PM
Other than the new cemented seated area near the entrance to the ground and a cement path put around the perimeter and the demolition of the termite riddled stands behind the southern goal can you enlighten me as to what it is that has improved there in the 20 odd years since I first went to Edgy?? Coz it looks like the same ground to me but 20 years older

You are not very observant mate. They now have 2 Eagles Nests and I've heard there are plans a foot for a third. Pfffft 20 years ago there wasn't even 1 Eagles Nest.

CStein
30-05-2013, 11:19 PM
Totally wrong forevergreen, nnswf actually ended up apologising to the person your trying to accuse as it was a case of mistaken identity, I would get your facts right before you make any more school boy claims and be very careful where you tread,
silly boy.

No comment...

CStein
30-05-2013, 11:23 PM
You are not very observant mate. They now have 2 Eagles Nests and I've heard there are plans a foot for a third. Pfffft 20 years ago there wasn't even 1 Eagles Nest.

Didnt someone break their leg getting up to the Eagles nest?

CStein
30-05-2013, 11:27 PM

Worst kept secret around. Why doesnt the federation come out and just name the venue at the start of the year??? Incompetent fkwits.

CStein
30-05-2013, 11:34 PM

This goes to show your stupidity... Easy set up for the day? I doubt that setting up and planning for a gf is a one day task. Oh and we just will set up temp stands for the day... Fool.

I say let every club set up their own area, sell their own food and drinks, and then reap the rewards of their own effort. I put money on it that most clubs could not be bothered, including Sth Cardiff.

Gate takings alway go to Northern so why would they give that to the clubs? But why stop there? Have everybody nominate a club on entry and their monies will be divvied up accordingly. Why should a Hamiltion or Magic crowd prop up another club who lacks supporters?

CStein
30-05-2013, 11:46 PM
you can run your club any way you can if your finacially stable, its not a stab at magic,Im sure all clubs work equally hard, nnswf need to do better, as we are all aware of

What made Magic financially stable when they were building the facility? If you think the gfs built their facility i imagine you would be wrong. Dont forget the GF was only played there after they had completed the facility. If i recall correctly their dressing rooms were portable buildings and canteen was a lean-too in under a tree. Considering that so many facilitates have been built for clubs by gov or other, like Arthur Eden for example, clubs like magic deserve the support of Northern and whatever money they can make because it will obviously be reinvested into the facility for all clubs to share.

plague
31-05-2013, 12:12 AM
If i recall correctly their dressing rooms were portable buildings and canteen was a lean-too in under a tree.

Correct.
Although to be fair they were quite spacious demountables. Better than most grounds permanent sheds they were.

ForeverRed
31-05-2013, 06:21 AM
This goes to show your stupidity... Easy set up for the day? I doubt that setting up and planning for a gf is a one day task. Oh and we just will set up temp stands for the day... Fool.

I say let every club set up their own area, sell their own food and drinks, and then reap the rewards of their own effort. I put money on it that most clubs could not be bothered, including Sth Cardiff.

Gate takings alway go to Northern so why would they give that to the clubs? But why stop there? Have everybody nominate a club on entry and their monies will be divvied up accordingly. Why should a Hamiltion or Magic crowd prop up another club who lacks supporters?

Times have changed, olympic don't have the supporters they use to, south Cardiff have a bigger following then you think

ForeverRed
31-05-2013, 07:20 AM
What made Magic financially stable when they were building the facility? If you think the gfs built their facility i imagine you would be wrong. Dont forget the GF was only played there after they had completed the facility. If i recall correctly their dressing rooms were portable buildings and canteen was a lean-too in under a tree. Considering that so many facilitates have been built for clubs by gov or other, like Arthur Eden for example, clubs like magic deserve the support of Northern and whatever money they can make because it will obviously be reinvested into the facility for all clubs to share.
Hook line and sinker again

Youaskedforit
31-05-2013, 08:50 AM
Just have the GF at Lyall Peacock every year, bigger grandstand then wanderers, more parking inside ground then wanderers, bar on both sides of the ground unlike wanderers, if you cant park outside the ground you dont have to walk two mile to the ground like wanderers, and universal, so you could hold the NBN GF, change goal posts then follow it up with the real NRL GF between Macquarie and Wests :) ..... no brainer.....hahahaha

cobra23
31-05-2013, 11:25 AM
to the best of my knowledge the players playing NOW! for Olympic who hadn't played 1st grade at another club before are: Matt Harper,Mason Campbell,Ben Koina ,Heath Kepreotes,Pat Brown.

Ben Koina played at edgy,
Matty harper i think your right..
But the rest i wont give you, they are not established first graders YET.

TheBean
31-05-2013, 12:42 PM
harper and campbell came from jets no? not saying you are lying 2285/cobra - just saying that strikes me as similar to poaching them from another club?

dingdong
31-05-2013, 01:21 PM
harper and campbell came from jets no? not saying you are lying 2285/cobra - just saying that strikes me as similar to poaching them from another club?

Campbell played juniors at Olympic for few seasons before seniors. Harper has played 19s, 23s and 1sts at Olympic.

MFKS
31-05-2013, 01:30 PM

Forgot about those. They open to the public and general riff raff??

TheBean
31-05-2013, 01:37 PM
ah so he did, apologies

prawnhead
31-05-2013, 02:20 PM
Forgot about those. They open to the public and general riff raff??

No, just to special Eagles. Still development though :tongue:

TheBean
31-05-2013, 02:27 PM
heard the jaffas are planning on building a "Box of Celebrations" for next season ;)

ForeverRed
31-05-2013, 07:30 PM
heard the jaffas are planning on building a "Box of Celebrations" for next season ;)

That's a bit soft centered of you🍘

CStein
01-06-2013, 02:44 PM
I hear Newcastle Football will be gifting the Jafs their junior rep teams to comply with possible NCR implementation for next year. Has anybody heard this?

ForeverRed
01-06-2013, 05:18 PM
Lakes 2 jets youth 0 full time

EH9
01-06-2013, 05:57 PM
Lakes 2 jets youth 0 full time

The jets were diabolical today

ForeverRed
01-06-2013, 06:09 PM
Stuey looked like he was carrying a few kilo

hawk
01-06-2013, 07:45 PM

helping much?

ForeverRed
01-06-2013, 07:47 PM
helping much?
Only played last 10

seldom
01-06-2013, 07:49 PM
Only played last 10

The seconds Bridgey

EH9
01-06-2013, 08:38 PM

A few!!!! He got charged twice at the gate he is that big!

01-06-2013, 09:07 PM
The jets were diabolical today

Good to see GVE having an influence.

EH9
01-06-2013, 09:29 PM
He didn't bother to stay and watch them today, left after 19's!

The Magician
01-06-2013, 10:09 PM
He didn't bother to stay and watch them today, left after 19's!

Getting an early night sleep so he can head to Magic tomorrow and get a Kebapi Roll!!!!

seldom
01-06-2013, 11:46 PM
Heard Kale was ordinary and was replaced at HT

ForeverRed
02-06-2013, 07:43 AM
Bugger all rain, surely all games will go ahead

Youaskedforit
02-06-2013, 08:57 AM
Loaded statement ?

EH9
02-06-2013, 10:22 AM

He wasn't alone. The jets looked disinterested from the start, was obvious by the way they staggered out of the sheds.

ForeverRed
02-06-2013, 11:05 AM
Why is deans now promoted as youth team coach, Zane was on the bench yesterday but appeared to have little involvement , maybe deans has been relegated from first team job, one can only hope

prawnhead
02-06-2013, 11:14 AM
Why is deans now promoted as youth team coach, Zane was on the bench yesterday but appeared to have little involvement , maybe deans has been relegated from first team job, one can only hope

As part of completing his A license he needs to be coaching a side. Hence he has taken over the coaching of the side in recent times.

ForeverRed
02-06-2013, 11:18 AM
Loaded statement ?
Not at all, I already knew 23s and first were definitely on at magic, I'm just wondering how many clubs are serious about playing, some clubs don't spend enough on drainage, edgy & Azzurri to name a few , think what you like,

RedMexican
02-06-2013, 11:18 AM
any games been cancelled today ?

ForeverRed
02-06-2013, 11:19 AM
As part of completing his A license he needs to be coaching a side. Hence he has taken over the coaching of the side in recent times.
Thanks

MFKS
02-06-2013, 12:34 PM

.........................................:whistlin g:

Obviously amateur hour for trolling efforts

Better luck next time

ForeverRed
02-06-2013, 12:41 PM
looking at the radar I cant see many games starting at 2.30

magician
02-06-2013, 01:16 PM
Azzurri Olympic still on

immersion
02-06-2013, 01:24 PM

You got lucky, the bloody radar in down now. Had to use the national one. It doesnt look good. Ill be staying home today.

RANGER09
02-06-2013, 01:30 PM
Azzurri Olympic still on

Good luck with that I hear we are on severe weather warning

Swanky
02-06-2013, 02:55 PM
Azzurri v Olympic
Called off half time in ressies

ForeverRed
02-06-2013, 05:34 PM
2all gunners v magic

MFKS
02-06-2013, 06:27 PM
The fact that Magic were the only club that could get on today should make the GF decision easy. Well done to magic to have a facility that could get a game in today:cool:

Thought Southy were lucky to get something from the game. 1-1 at HT and Magic had a bloke sent off for shirt pull outside the box about 5 mins into the second half. Despite the 10 men Magic looked the most likely and sure enough scored from a free kick with about 25 mins to go. Thought the game changed when Haynes was hacked by a Southy player and went off with an injury. WHERE WAS THE CARD??

Once that happened Magic went a bit into the shell and Southy pushed on and got a shot through a crowded goal mouth with about 5 mins to go to equalise.

Forever Red where was the Southy long throws today??? Don't recall seeing one and the conditions were prime for it

ForeverRed
02-06-2013, 06:38 PM
I didn't go due to family commitment but our long throw man is out injured

ForeverRed
02-06-2013, 06:40 PM
3.1 bears over phoenix , midweek win over jaffas will see them equal top

JCBT
02-06-2013, 06:57 PM
The fact that Magic were the only club that could get on today should make the GF decision easy. Well done to magic to have a facility that could get a game in today:cool:

Thought Southy were lucky to get something from the game. 1-1 at HT and Magic had a bloke sent off for shirt pull outside the box about 5 mins into the second half. Despite the 10 men Magic looked the most likely and sure enough scored from a free kick with about 25 mins to go. Thought the game changed when Haynes was hacked by a Southy player and went off with an injury. WHERE WAS THE CARD??

Once that happened Magic went a bit into the shell and Southy pushed on and got a shot through a crowded goal mouth with about 5 mins to go to equalise.

Forever Red where was the Southy long throws today??? Don't recall seeing one and the conditions were prime for it
Do your homework before posting. Weston v VPFC also went ahead.

outsider
02-06-2013, 07:00 PM
3.1 bears over phoenix , midweek win over jaffas will see them equal top

any more rain and there is no way the games will be on at Edden Oval on Tues/Wed

TheBean
02-06-2013, 07:30 PM
any more rain and there is no way the games will be on at Edden Oval on Tues/Wed

true that :(

BB2300
02-06-2013, 08:23 PM
Chris berlin's freekick was superb..... He is the best dead ball specialist in the state league!

TheBean
02-06-2013, 09:00 PM
Brady Parker would have to be up there? That free kick at lakes in the 4-4 was outrageous.

ForeverRed
02-06-2013, 09:06 PM
Morris from weston is easily the best dead ball specialists

EH9
02-06-2013, 10:10 PM
Chris berlin's freekick was superb..... He is the best dead ball specialist in the state league!

Decent free kick, but from the look of the highlights the keeper had a shocker with both magic goals.

pv4
02-06-2013, 10:19 PM
I've seen berlin, parker and morris all at their best with dead balls. Parker wins hands down - not only the placement by the sting behind his free kicks is amazing.

MFKS
02-06-2013, 10:28 PM
Decent free kick, but from the look of the highlights the keeper had a shocker with both magic goals.

First goal ball flew into the box at high speed and was diverted in first touch at speed. Not the keepers fault. Not many would keep that move out

Second goal I would be asking serious questions as to how you would get beaten from that spot if I was Southy coach

seldom
03-06-2013, 02:13 AM
I've seen berlin, parker and morris all at their best with dead balls. Parker wins hands down - not only the placement by the sting behind his free kicks is amazing.

All good...would lean towards Morris on a kick per goal %

cobra23
03-06-2013, 09:56 AM
All good...would lean towards Morris on a kick per goal %

All are pretty decent free kick specialists,
But all very different.
Brady Parker - the best from 30 yards and out, hardest shot in the league.

Chris Berlin - Scores or forces a big save from nearly every shot within 30 yards, highest goal percentage in my opinion.

Nathan Morris - best all rounder, but mainly assists from a longer distance with bear attackers (runners)putting pressure on the defence and keeper. and sometimes that leads to a goal for him.

BB2300
03-06-2013, 10:02 AM
I know for a fact that Berlin has had a better goal scoring ratio on the dead ball than the others. He is a keepers nightmare when steps up. As you said if he doesn't score he makes them save it, which results in a corner or a tap in for the runners.

seldom
03-06-2013, 01:54 PM
I know for a fact that Berlin has had a better goal scoring ratio on the dead ball than the others. He is a keepers nightmare when steps up. As you said if he doesn't score he makes them save it, which results in a corner or a tap in for the runners.

Interested how you know this as fact ?

BB2300
03-06-2013, 01:58 PM
Interested how you know this as fact ?

Just do!
Can't reveal much more than that bud.

Bremsstrahlung
03-06-2013, 06:44 PM
What's the ratio?

ForeverRed
03-06-2013, 07:02 PM
impossible to know

ForeverRed
03-06-2013, 07:03 PM
Just do!
Can't reveal much more than that bud.
impossible to know

BB2300
03-06-2013, 07:05 PM
Yeah I'm just taking the piss.
Who knows the ratio!
He scores alot of them though

prawnhead
03-06-2013, 08:43 PM
Yeah I'm just taking the piss.
Who knows the ratio!
He scores alot of them though

Goes ok on dead balls.

What are the stats on his conversion ratio with 1 v 1's (and I'm talking 1 v 1 with keeper)?

Forever Green
04-06-2013, 06:44 AM

And probably for a fortnight after that...

Forever Green
04-06-2013, 06:46 AM
2all gunners v magic

Bad weather, BAD REFEREEING, bad football.

ForeverRed
04-06-2013, 07:06 AM
Bad weather, BAD REFEREEING, bad football.
Can't win em all, chin up princess

BB2300
04-06-2013, 02:36 PM
How good is that young bloke zac hill who works his guts out on the midfield for edgy?

TheBean
05-06-2013, 03:34 PM
quite good mate, not bad at all

wannabe
05-06-2013, 09:39 PM
Jaffas v Weston 0-0 draw

The Magician
05-06-2013, 10:43 PM
Jaffas v Weston 0-0 draw

With that result Magic 2 points ahead at the half way mark.. well done lads... comp really heating up for the top 5!!!

Relegation Battle? playing out as expected? Jets season 2013? Comments?

Imyourhero
05-06-2013, 11:54 PM
Weston 23s went down 4-1 to jaffas. They are pretty ordinary.

Zico
06-06-2013, 12:02 PM
There will be a very upset club in either Adamstown or Maitland if the Jets don't get their fingers out of their arses. Isn't the rule that if the Jets come last then there will be no promotion or relegation?

ForeverRed
06-06-2013, 12:37 PM
There will be a very upset club in either Adamstown or Maitland if the Jets don't get their fingers out of their arses. Isn't the rule that if the Jets come last then there will be no promotion or relegation?

Yep

Forever Green
06-06-2013, 01:11 PM

According to NCR two clubs will be coming up right? Might be their lucky year...

ForeverRed
06-06-2013, 01:46 PM
Definetly an 8 team comp

ForeverRed
06-06-2013, 01:47 PM
Definetly an 8 team comp
Sorry, 10

Bremsstrahlung
06-06-2013, 02:47 PM

But Jets Youth playing whatever team they want doesn't affect anyone.

:popcorn:

*FREE
06-06-2013, 06:13 PM
Jaffas v Weston 0-0 draw

Terrible refereeing in this game, especially from one of the assistants imo :violin: :arse:

TheBean
06-06-2013, 07:22 PM
the refs werent significantly worse than usual, a few dodgy out calls that i saw. what was amazing was at least 3 occasions where the weston players all complained about a decision so much that the ref changed his mind!! not saying that the weston players were wrong, just never seen a ref listen to pressure and change his mind because of it (let alone 3 times!!!)

TheBean
06-06-2013, 07:23 PM
According to NCR two clubs will be coming up right? Might be their lucky year...

does this mean two teams are relegated?

CStein
06-06-2013, 07:36 PM

In the pursuit of winning, losing has now become a tactic of the Jets Youth...

ForeverRed
06-06-2013, 07:43 PM
the refs werent significantly worse than usual, a few dodgy out calls that i saw. what was amazing was at least 3 occasions where the weston players all complained about a decision so much that the ref changed his mind!! not saying that the weston players were wrong, just never seen a ref listen to pressure and change his mind because of it (let alone 3 times!!!)
The bears are good at this, especially one player in particular

FaroeMassive
07-06-2013, 10:05 AM

Nah doesn't affect anyone at all haha!

Jets should be relegated just like other clubs. Happens in Spain with Barcelona B and Real Madrid B etc. playing in the lower divisions. If they don't perform they can be relegated.

Integrity of the competition must be maintained.

Bremsstrahlung
07-06-2013, 10:22 AM
Nah doesn't affect anyone at all haha!

Jets should be relegated just like other clubs. Happens in Spain with Barcelona B and Real Madrid B etc. playing in the lower divisions. If they don't perform they can be relegated.

Integrity of the competition must be maintained.

I mentioned this earlier in the thread. It would also take away all the arguments against them playing varying strength teams, they would be forced to play strong (their best) teams each week, and if they wanted to rest players, would have to do so sparingly so to not deplete their squad too much.....Just like every other club.

As far as the FFA criteria, if Jets Youth cannot be competitive in the local state league where they can essentially sign the best players under 20, they don't really deserve to be in it.

The Magician
07-06-2013, 11:15 AM
HMMMMMMM... so no promotion relegation if Jets come last... interesting for New FM clubs... will Fed make call to relegate 2nd last competition team?... or just not ratify their (2nd and 3rd last placed teams) inclusion to the NPL... many ways this can pan out...

ForeverRed
07-06-2013, 12:08 PM
I mentioned this earlier in the thread. It would also take away all the arguments against them playing varying strength teams, they would be forced to play strong (their best) teams each week, and if they wanted to rest players, would have to do so sparingly so to not deplete their squad too much.....Just like every other club.

As far as the FFA criteria, if Jets Youth cannot be competitive in the local state league where they can essentially sign the best players under 20, they don't really deserve to be in it.
How can there be criteria when the jets don't have a ground

MFKS
07-06-2013, 01:07 PM
Speaking of grounds.

Do they let chariots into Cahill Oval??

Was planning on catching the Valentine Jets Yoof game tomorrow and noticed it was a 4:30pm ko

too cold:wink:

q-money
07-06-2013, 01:47 PM
put a jumper on you big blouse

Bremsstrahlung
07-06-2013, 02:29 PM
Speaking of grounds.

Do they let chariots into Cahill Oval??

Was planning on catching the Valentine Jets Yoof game tomorrow and noticed it was a 4:30pm ko

too cold:wink:

Yes, but, if you don't get behind the sporties club goals take some binoculars.

Take binoculars anyway....

ForeverRed
07-06-2013, 02:36 PM
You have to go to the sportie club for a beer, they give you a long neck in a brown paper bag, not a good look

sancho_theswan
07-06-2013, 02:40 PM

Toughen up and sit in the stand and support your teams you "NBN nancy boys"!

Zico
07-06-2013, 03:29 PM

Worst ground by a country mile in the comp

seldom
07-06-2013, 04:33 PM

Q Capt. Obvious

Captain Obvious
07-06-2013, 07:09 PM
It's a long weekend you know. I was hoping to get a break.
But a big hello to you anyway.

Zico
07-06-2013, 09:13 PM
It's a long weekend you know. I was hoping to get a break.
But a big hello to you anyway.
Good to see you come out of your cave

ForeverRed
08-06-2013, 11:53 AM
Charlestown have called the u17 & u19 off tomorrow against south cardiff already, a bit precious I think, ffs it's the second round just play the games and get on with it

ForeverRed
08-06-2013, 07:56 PM
7.2 jets v phoenix

the_fozz
08-06-2013, 07:57 PM
Did I hear correctly that Kale scored 5?

MFKS
08-06-2013, 08:19 PM
I know he had 4 when the last went in.

Jets down 2-0 after 25mins
Phoenix got a penalty for a soft handball. Ball crossed in hit defenders arm from 2-3 yards away. Then 5 mins later some sloppy work at the back allowed striker to race away and finish well.

Jets were poor until this stage and I was scratching my head as to how phoenix were 2 up cause they were even worse.

Being 2-0 down seem to do the trick and the Jets overturned the 2-0 defecit to take a 3-2 lead in the last 10 mins of the first half

First goal came from a Nick Cowburn Free Kick. Absolute pearler and Beckhamesque .

Then the Fapfest started. Kale drove home into the bottom corner after a dribble and shot from outside the box:fap:

Then Kale won a penalty after getting 1-1 with the keeper he went round him and was dragged down. Deadset red card but only yellow issued. Kale dusted himself off to bury the spotkick:fap:

Second half and Jets were on top and won a second penalty after about 60mins. Finlayson had a shot that smacked the bar. Kale following up and about to tap into the empty net was fouled from behind. Phoenix bloke given straight red.
Kale buried the penalty to complete the hatty:fap:

Gypo traitor came on then and done **** all.May have jogged at some stage

Jets continued to dominate and started butchering chances with poor final balls and blokes wanting to get on the scoresheet by shooting when it weren't on

With about 10mins to go Kale bagged his 4th of the night with a shot the keeper parried but the power was too much and it still went in:fap:

With the 90mins up Remo got on the scoresheet with a finish from a tight angle

Barely 2 minutes later and it was 7 The ground announcer gave it to Remington though it was ****ing dark down there but I thought Kale got the touch to the cross. :fap:

That ground was a ****ing joke. FMD.

Credit to Phoenix for running out of food at HT FMD

U23's Jets 2-1
U19's Jets 4-2
U17's 1-1 draw

Better go have a shower and get the jizz out of my hair

ForeverRed
08-06-2013, 08:26 PM

Phoenix got a penalty for a soft handball. Ball crossed in hit defenders arm from 2-3 yards away. Then 5 mins later some sloppy work at the back allowed striker to race away and finish well.

Jets were poor until this stage and I was scratching my head as to how phoenix were 2 up cause they were even worse.

Being 2-0 down seem to do the trick and the Jets overturned the 2-0 defecit to take a 3-2 lead in the last 10 mins of the first half

First goal came from a Nick Cowburn Free Kick. Absolute pearler and Beckhamesque .

Then the Fapfest started. Kale drove home into the bottom corner after a dribble and shot from outside the box:fap:

Then Kale won a penalty after getting 1-1 with the keeper he went round him and was dragged down. Deadset red card but only yellow issued. Kale dusted himself off to bury the spotkick:fap:

Second half and Jets were on top and won a second penalty after about 60mins. Finlayson had a shot that smacked the bar. Kale following up and about to tap into the empty net was fouled from behind. Phoenix bloke given straight red.

Jets continued to dominate and started butchering chances with poor final balls and blokes wanting to get on the scoresheet by shooting when it weren't on

With about 10mins to go Kale bagged his 4th of the night with a shot the keeper parried but the power was too much and it still went in:fap:

Barely 2 minutes later and it was 7 The ground announcer gave it to Remington though it was ****ing dark down there but I thought Kale got the touch to the cross. :fap:

U23's Jets 2-1
U19's Jets 4-2
U17's 1-1 draw

All this with no beer, hard to take

MFKS
08-06-2013, 08:30 PM
Forgot about that. They ought to be thrown out of the NBN on principle. How the hell did they ever get in??

Shit ground. Deadset you stood at the fence in the corners and the only thing that indicated where the corner post was located was the flag. It was deadset that dark out there.

Field covered in more than enough league markings to mark 6 fields and they made no effort to remove/cover. Field as bumpy as all shit with a cricket pitch on one half of it

No Beer at all and they run out of food.

Not to mention they can't play well either

**** them off

TheBean
08-06-2013, 09:07 PM
predictions for tomoro??

Edgy to beat Weston
Azurri to beat Southy
Olympic to beat Lakes
Magic Jaffas draw

Blindfreddy
08-06-2013, 11:19 PM

U23's Jets 2-1
U19's Jets 4-2
U17's 1-1 draw

I thought you would give an unbiased report hiess i was wrong. it definetly handball and the yellow for the keeper was correct you nuffy.

Premy
08-06-2013, 11:36 PM
I thought you would give an unbiased report hiess i was wrong. it definetly handball and the yellow for the keeper was correct you nuffy.
Please tell me what blindfreddy seen I've always wanted to know

seldom
09-06-2013, 12:37 AM

fvckin LOL

seldom
09-06-2013, 12:39 AM
predictions for tomoro??

Edgy to beat Weston
Azurri to beat Southy
Olympic to beat Lakes
Magic Jaffas draw

Draw
No scott smith Southy win
Lakes to upset olympic
magic

MFKS
09-06-2013, 04:01 PM

The ball was crossed in from 2-3 yards away and hit the blokes arm. According to the rule book it has to be intentional. The bloke barely had time to get out of the way and I would see that penalty appeal waved away approx 75% of the time. That was ball to hand rather than hand to ball.

As for the Goal keeper Kale was going round him at the penalty spot when the keeper dived in and missed the ball and collected Kale. How is this not denying a goal scoring opportunity?? The defenders were still chasing Kale and Kale would have got to the ball first and had an open goal from 8-10 yards out. As blatant as a Red Card professional foul as you will ever see.

Any way Blind Freddy you weren't the ref and are trying to justify your decisions???

ForeverRed
09-06-2013, 05:33 PM
Southy 2.1 over Azzurri , olympic 1 nil over lakes, jaffas 3.1 over magic,

ForeverRed
09-06-2013, 05:35 PM
2all edgy v weston

TheBean
09-06-2013, 07:24 PM
Magic v Jaffas
17s 8-0 (magic 17s are quality!)
19s 2-1
23s 0-1
1st 1-3!

outsider
09-06-2013, 08:18 PM
The ball was crossed in from 2-3 yards away and hit the blokes arm. According to the rule book it has to be intentional. The bloke barely had time to get out of the way and I would see that penalty appeal waved away approx 75% of the time. That was ball to hand rather than hand to ball.

As for the Goal keeper Kale was going round him at the penalty spot when the keeper dived in and missed the ball and collected Kale. How is this not denying a goal scoring opportunity?? The defenders were still chasing Kale and Kale would have got to the ball first and had an open goal from 8-10 yards out. As blatant as a Red Card professional foul as you will ever see.

Any way Blind Freddy you weren't the ref and are trying to justify your decisions???

Couldnt agree less.
First PK ball was crossed-defender arms in air in an un natural position-hand ball PK
2nd PK-attacker changed direction and moved away from goal towards edge of 18 yd area-PK and YC-referee was spot on with all 3 penalty decisions
I am quite comfortable with the decisions made by the referee because he got them all correct.
Come back to me when you have qualified as a referee by passing a LOTG examination.

seldom
09-06-2013, 09:22 PM
Couldnt agree less.
First PK ball was crossed-defender arms in air in an un natural position-hand ball PK
2nd PK-attacker changed direction and moved away from goal towards edge of 18 yd area-PK and YC-referee was spot on with all 3 penalty decisions
I am quite comfortable with the decisions made by the referee because he got them all correct.
Come back to me when you have qualified as a referee by passing a LOTG examination.

And yet you continue to scrutinize players in the NBN league...what are your credentials there champ

outsider
09-06-2013, 10:01 PM
And yet you continue to scrutinize players in the NBN league...what are your credentials there champ

I have at least played the game.Have you ever been a qualified referee?.I would say that I am qualified to judge players.

Blindfreddy
09-06-2013, 11:18 PM
Lets all agree mfks is a twat that has an unhealthy obsession for a k Bradbury

TheBean
10-06-2013, 01:03 AM
lets all agree jaffas pumped magic yewwwwww

militiamon
10-06-2013, 01:10 AM

U23's Jets 2-1
U19's Jets 4-2
U17's 1-1 draw

This is beautiful and deserves to be quoted again.

chocolate soldier
10-06-2013, 09:51 AM
lets agree that refs are just people that arent talented enough to play the game....

Premy
10-06-2013, 10:22 AM
The ball was crossed in from 2-3 yards away and hit the blokes arm. According to the rule book it has to be intentional.
Incorrect according to the rule book if one team gains a advantage weather intentional or accedental it's deemed handball

hawk
10-06-2013, 10:23 AM
lets agree that refs are just people that arent talented enough to play the game....

or are just there to spectate the game from the middle of the park whilst getting paid.

Bremsstrahlung
10-06-2013, 11:24 AM
Incorrect according to the rule book if one team gains a advantage weather intentional or accedental it's deemed handball

I don't think the law chart states that... I think that's a common reasoning behind giving a free kick for handball though.

The free kick should be given if it was intentional. But the intentional part covers a lot of things, e.g where their hands are, if they are intentionally away from the body in an unnatural position and they touch the ball, it's a free kick whether the ball hit the hand or not, the hands are in an unnatural position.
However, if the player had his/her hands by their side, the ball strikes the arm and falls to their feet.....play on. Even though they have gained an advantage with the ball striking their arm and the ball falling to their feet, their hands were not in an unnatural position, the ball hit the arm, the arm did not reach for the ball.

Essentially it's all about interpretation by each individual referee.

outsider
10-06-2013, 12:05 PM
I don't think the law chart states that... I think that's a common reasoning behind giving a free kick for handball though.

The free kick should be given if it was intentional. But the intentional part covers a lot of things, e.g where their hands are, if they are intentionally away from the body in an unnatural position and they touch the ball, it's a free kick whether the ball hit the hand or not, the hands are in an unnatural position.
However, if the player had his/her hands by their side, the ball strikes the arm and falls to their feet.....play on. Even though they have gained an advantage with the ball striking their arm and the ball falling to their feet, their hands were not in an unnatural position, the ball hit the arm, the arm did not reach for the ball.

Essentially it's all about interpretation by each individual referee.

At LAST-the voice of reason

MFKS
10-06-2013, 04:34 PM
RULE 12 from FIFA Rules

Handling the ball
Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with
the ball with his hand or arm. The referee must take the following into
consideration:
• the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)
• the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball)
• the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an
infringement
• touching the ball with an object held in the hand (clothing, shinguard, etc.)
counts as an infringement
• hitting the ball with a thrown object (boot, shinguard, etc.) counts as an
infringement

Disciplinary sanctions
There are circumstances when a caution for unsporting behaviour is required
when a player deliberately handles the ball, e.g. when a player:
• deliberately handles the ball to prevent an opponent gaining possession
• attempts to score a goal by deliberately handling the ball
A player is sent off, however, if he prevents a goal or an obvious goalscoring
opportunity by deliberately handling the ball. This punishment arises not from
the act of the player deliberately handling the ball but from the unacceptable
and unfair intervention that prevented a goal being scored.
Restart of play
• Direct free kick from the position where the offence occurred (see Law 13 –
Position of free kick) or penalty kick
Outside his own penalty area, the goalkeeper has the same restrictions
on handling the ball as any other player. Inside his own penalty area, the
goalkeeper cannot be guilty of a handling offence incurring a direct free kick
or any misconduct related to handling the ball. He can, however, be guilty of
several handling offences that incur an indirect free kick.

There are the Rules of the game in relation to Handball for all the budding referees out there and the other idiots wo think they know what they are talking about but really have NFI.

As the Jets Yoof player never made any deliberate action to MOVE his arm/hand towards the flight of the the ball (as Matt McKay (****) did V Japan the other night) then there can be no penalty.

Refs have a hard enough job as it is with their guide dogs barking and not tripping over their walking canes whilst strolling around the pitch with dark sunglasses on. They don't need you sticking up for them when they are clearly in the wrong to hide their blatant incompetence in not knowing a simple rule

pv4
10-06-2013, 04:38 PM
if his hand was in an outrageous/unnatural position, i can understand it being a PK. however the big rule i'd be questioning in this context (and note i wasn't there, so didn't get to see it) is the second point in mfkfc's rulebook - the one about the distance between the players, and the unexpectedness of it all. if they were really close and the dude just kicked/crossed the ball, and before there was any time to even react to it it had hit the hand, then i'd say that's not intentional and hence not a PK. what say you, outsider?

btw in regards to this rule:

Handling the ball
Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with
the ball with his hand or arm. The referee must take the following into
consideration:
• hitting the ball with a thrown object (boot, shinguard, etc.) counts as an
infringement

does that mean the liverpool supporter v sunderland a few years back should have been pulled up for handball when he threw the beachball onto the field? :rof:

MFKS
10-06-2013, 04:40 PM
This is beautiful and deserves to be quoted again.

Thought you would be impressed.

Gee did I have a great weekend.

Got to watch the great man in action and he didn't disappoint bagging 5.

Played golf on Sunday and holed out from the fairway 140 metres out (didn't see it though as flag was out of view but did get the pleasure to find my ball in the bottom of the hole) and posted my best ever score of 75 off the stick 4 over when usually I go around in 85-90 shots.

Living the dream at the moment:yay:

pv4
10-06-2013, 04:44 PM
in regards to valentine running out of food extremely early, and not serving any alcohol at all etc - do they get punished for that by the federation? am i right in saying that all venues MUST serve alcohol as they charge admission to get in and all that jazz? is there a book on NBN regulations in regards to what is expected of clubs on gameday?

MFKS
10-06-2013, 04:46 PM
does that mean the liverpool supporter v sunderland a few years back should have been pulled up for handball when he threw the beachball onto the field? :rof:

If I remember right the Sunderland shot hit the beach ball and deflected??

Rather than the beach ball was thrown by a Scouse player at the ball shot at goal by Sunderland player????

pv4
10-06-2013, 04:48 PM
If I remember right the Sunderland shot hit the beach ball and deflected??

Rather than the beach ball was thrown by a Scouse player at the ball shot at goal by Sunderland player????

a liverpool supporter threw it on the field & sunderland eventually shot, which it deflected off. i did say the liverpool supporter should have been pulled up :rof: :gent:

MFKS
10-06-2013, 04:50 PM
in regards to valentine running out of food extremely early, and not serving any alcohol at all etc - do they get punished for that by the federation? am i right in saying that all venues MUST serve alcohol as they charge admission to get in and all that jazz? is there a book on NBN regulations in regards to what is expected of clubs on gameday?

Alcohol would only be allowed to be served with the relevant Liquor Licence. Applying for one isn't ****ing hard and there is no reason why they couldn't get one as they are held by other clubs at other council owned facilities.

One reason they may not have one would be due to action by Police/Courts taken for breaches of the licence ie selling to kids/intoxicated persons etc in the past but someone would have heard about that if that had transpired

pv4
10-06-2013, 04:56 PM
Alcohol would only be allowed to be served with the relevant Liquor Licence. Applying for one isn't ****ing hard and there is no reason why they couldn't get one as they are held by other clubs at other council owned facilities.

One reason they may not have one would be due to action by Police/Courts taken for breaches of the licence ie selling to kids/intoxicated persons etc in the past but someone would have heard about that if that had transpired

wow, so they don't have a liquor licence at all? so you're allowed to byo in?

even westlakes has one ffs (and probably the best range of choices in newcastle football too!) - it really can't be hard to organise a liquor licence, and pay/organise a few people to get their RSA's to sell the grog. i know without the liquor licence in the canteen at rathys, westlakes canteen wouldn't make much money at all. i fail to see why valo wouldn't jump on the opportunity to make so much money.

only other reason they may not have it (and this is assuming you can byo) is the sporties have asked them not to sell grog as apart of their sponsorship so people buy take-aways from there & bring into the ground?

MFKS
10-06-2013, 05:32 PM
wow, so they don't have a liquor licence at all? so you're allowed to byo in?

even westlakes has one ffs (and probably the best range of choices in newcastle football too!) - it really can't be hard to organise a liquor licence, and pay/organise a few people to get their RSA's to sell the grog. i know without the liquor licence in the canteen at rathys, westlakes canteen wouldn't make much money at all. i fail to see why valo wouldn't jump on the opportunity to make so much money.

only other reason they may not have it (and this is assuming you can byo) is the sporties have asked them not to sell grog as apart of their sponsorship so people buy take-aways from there & bring into the ground?

In theory they allow you to take cars in so no reason why you couldn't have an esky full to the brim in the boot. They don't exactly do roadside searches on your car as you are entering the ground like the military would do in a war zone looking for explosives.

The thing about Sporties may be closer to the mark as to the real reason.

GazFish35
10-06-2013, 05:51 PM
So, MFKS's game day packing list include a copy of the FIFA rule book, the NSW liquor act, and frozen oranges filled with vodka.... and a box of tissues.

ForeverRed
10-06-2013, 06:12 PM
they don't have a Licence simply because whilst applying the person doing it stuffed up and nobody bothered to fix it, they use the sponsor as a smokescreen, you can take as much alcohol in as you like as long its not in a glass container, its financial suicide not selling coldies.

Blindfreddy
10-06-2013, 06:39 PM
I think you'll find the player did move but I guess you didn't see that from the boot of your car.

10-06-2013, 07:05 PM
So, MFKS's game day packing list include a copy of the FIFA rule book, the NSW liquor act, and frozen oranges filled with vodka.... and a box of tissues.

Needless to say only the tissues were required, no time for drinking and reading given his man crush had a great day out.

outsider
10-06-2013, 07:29 PM
[QUOTE=Blindfreddy;40150]I think you'll find the player did move but I guess you didn't see that from the boot of your car.[/QUOT

I had a good view-the player had both arms outstretched away from his side making his body wider-going to be a penalty every time.Fully agreed with the decision.

punter
10-06-2013, 11:42 PM
In theory they allow you to take cars in so no reason why you couldn't have an esky full to the brim in the boot. They don't exactly do roadside searches on your car as you are entering the ground like the military would do in a war zone looking for explosives.

The thing about Sporties may be closer to the mark as to the real reason.
I was out that way a couple of games a go and there was no one in the stand and a fair few cars so maybe beers in esky in the boot has caught on

TheBean
12-06-2013, 10:37 AM
Edgy v Jaffas and Charlestown v Olympic tonight - all teams quite close on ladder, should be interesting

immersion
12-06-2013, 02:20 PM
Edgy v Jaffas and Charlestown v Olympic tonight - all teams quite close on ladder, should be interesting

Hopefully the games are still on.

ForeverRed
12-06-2013, 02:48 PM
Should still be on, it hasn't rained since Friday and been mostly sunny, a light shower this arvo shouldn't do anything to grounds

Forever Green
12-06-2013, 03:49 PM
Should still be on, it hasn't rained since Friday and been mostly sunny, a light shower this arvo shouldn't do anything to grounds

Lucky the Jaffas v Edgy is not at Arthur Edden it would definitely be off. Probably tyre marks all over the ground.

Forever Green
12-06-2013, 03:52 PM
Predictions:
Edgy v Jaffas
Azzuri v hamilton

Zico
12-06-2013, 03:53 PM
Hopefully the games are still on.
hahahahaha It's rained for more than 10 mins so Edgy will call the game off.

The Magician
12-06-2013, 03:54 PM
Charlestown and Olympic has just been called off

The Magician
12-06-2013, 04:04 PM
Magic youth games vs South Cardiff called off also

chocolate soldier
12-06-2013, 04:07 PM
Lucky the Jaffas v Edgy is not at Arthur Edden it would definitely be off. Probably tyre marks all over the ground.

so now that blues vs olympic and magic youth vs southy have been callled off, is it safe to assume that these fields have poor drainage and tyre marks all over them???

ForeverRed
12-06-2013, 05:04 PM
so now that blues vs olympic and magic youth vs southy have been callled off, is it safe to assume that these fields have poor drainage and tyre marks all over them???

The magic game was called before 1 pm, not sure why, couldn't have been for wet surface as it hadn't rained since Friday, each to their own I suppose, don't want to go out in this weather anyway, the crickets on

ForeverRed
12-06-2013, 05:04 PM
Magic youth games vs South Cardiff called off also

Why

ForeverRed
12-06-2013, 05:08 PM
Edgy v jaffas are off

TheBean
12-06-2013, 05:32 PM
what do we think the best surface is in NBN? obviously not edden, its gotta be olympic by a mile surely? pitch was rubbish at magic on sunday

ForeverRed
12-06-2013, 07:30 PM
what do we think the best surface is in NBN? obviously not edden, its gotta be olympic by a mile surely? pitch was rubbish at magic on sunday
It doesn't really matter who has the best one because you have to play on them all sooner or later

TheBean
12-06-2013, 07:32 PM
It doesn't really matter who has the best one because you have to play on them all sooner or later

so in conclusion you should all stop whinging about edden :lulzturtle:

magician
15-06-2013, 11:42 AM
Is the jaffas and Charlestown game still on? A bit of cloud cover about

shagga
15-06-2013, 03:36 PM
Is the jaffas and Charlestown game still on? A bit of cloud cover about

Never seen cloud stop a game yet.

ForeverRed
15-06-2013, 05:33 PM
Jaffas 4.1 over Charlestown , jets 3.1 over 10 man weston

JCBT
15-06-2013, 06:47 PM
Was at the Bears v Jets youth today and **** me dead, I've never seen such a piss weak ref display as today. Micky Ryan send was a joke and the bloke in the middle should be sacked back to ID's. The bloke was bordering on cheating.

MFKS
15-06-2013, 06:54 PM
Left the humble Kotara South abode at about 10:30 not knowing what the day would bring. After last weekends Kale fapfest I was unsure what to expect in the Kale fapping stakes but resigned to it not being as good as last week. Anyway the chariot made the trek over Sugarloaf bound for Weston Park with the Member lamenting our lazy government and the fact that the Craig Deans Expressway isn't operational yet. Next year the trip to shitholes like Kurri will take 20 mins and not 30 mins.

Stumbled into Weston Park right on FT of the U17's to find Weston had won 3-1. Kicked back and watched the Jets 19s win comfortably and deserving 3-1 victore

The U23's finishing 1-1 which was a bit of a shock. Jets currently 1st and Weston last. Game started with Jets taking lead after 5mins with a cross finished sublimely by a Weston player straight into his own net. Jets dominated the rest of first half and didn't make their supremacy count. Straight after half time Weston levelled it up when a Weston bloke got free 1-1 in the box and the Jets keeper smothered with the ball richocheting straight to a Weston player who finished into the open net. Both teams hustled and bustled but the finishing of both teams was ordinary typified by the Jets no 9 who missed a free header unmarked from 8 yards out with almost the last kick of the game. This Jets team need a good foot up the arse. They will probably win the comp and be the team to beat come finals time but from what I have seen from them they don't have the killer instinct and drop points against inferior opponents far too often due to their profligacy in front of goal. Last week they beat valo 2-1 but in the second half missed at least 5 sitters by my counts.

Anyways onto the main game.

Jets gave a debut to their new keeper Solari. Wasn't called into action much but from what I seen I was concerned. Doesn't look that comfortable with the ball at his feet. Doesn't come for crosses either and looks worried as soon as a cross comes in. Is gonna need to improve on his kicking playing the way the Jets do and for a bloke who is 6ft2-6ft4 I was surprised how little he wanted to deal with crosses

First 20 mins seen Weston drop the men back and shuffle from side to side as the Jets passed the ball about side to side going 10 yards forwards and 20 yards back. (GOING NOWHERE)At far to slow a tempo. Weston played the hoof and tried to counter and look for set pieces. Weston looked dangerous with the big boys up for set pieces and got a couple of touches that went narrowly wide.

Remington wasted a great chance after a neat run and touch with Russell to open space in the inside channel but he hit hit it poorly on his non favoured right foot. Jets won a free kick outside the box and Kale stung the palms of the keeper. Not long after a series of pinball in the box and the ball fell to Kale. Shot was hit with great venom and well smothered by the keeper just as my cock was starting to harden. A few seconds later and the ball was at the other end with Weston not far away from taking the lead as the ball went agonisingly wide of the post.Soon Kale got free in the right channel and flashed a shot across goal when the cutback to the unmarked teammate was the go.

About now the game was starting to reach fever pitch with the Weston players starting to blow up at anything and everything that didn't go their way. Not long later a Weston player talked himself into the book after 3-4 efforts of abusing the ref. Weston got a freekick and the poor sportsmanship from them was for all to see as they all proceeded to give the ref another spray and some ironic applause. Not long later a Weston player gave away a corner and him and half the team then proceeded to abuse the ref over a perceived foul not awarded in the build up. Somehow no yellow but you could sense it was bubbling away and about to erupt. Not long after the ref was over chatting the Weston bench after some more chat from them.

With about 3 minutes before half time and the flash point erupted. A Weston player won a foul for being pushed over from behind. Nothing in it and happens 10 times a game. Weston player was playing for it anyway and had picked up the ball within half a second of hitting the deck. Once he picked the ball up he then proceeded to throw it at the head of the Jets player who had fouled him. Plain well stupid and dumb. Ref called him over and pulled the red out. This just proceeded to enrage his teammates when the ref told them why he had been sent off. That he had used the ball as a weapon. Crowd were going nuts and the Weston players were lucky not to get a few more yellows out of it. Half time was probably a relief to most at the ground and no one would have been more relieved than the bloke with the whistle to find sanctuary in the sheds after copping some spraying from the peanut gallery in the grandstand

Part 2 coming

MFKS
15-06-2013, 07:21 PM
Second half started with Weston really dropping back and playing all blokes behind the ball with the Jets struggling to break them down leaving 3 at the back to mark 1 . Anyway the dead lock was broken by Bobby Russell. After a bit of pinball outside the box a shot found its way through and into the bottom corner from outside the 18. A short time later and it could have been two with Brandon Lundy smacking the bar from and acute angle as the ball ended up near the corner post.

60 minutes in and Deans brought on the Gypo traitor to bolster/fill up:sparring: the Jets midfield. 5 Minutes Later and the Jets won a penalty. A loose bouncing ball was bobbling around the Weston box. No one showed enough urgency to deal with it. Some bloke called Kale nipped in and made the ball his.After a bit of dribbling he was bundled over for the penalty. Must have been legit as even the Weston players didn't moan about it. Kale dusted himself off to put it on the spot.

All of a sudden it dawned on me that I was the most nervous bloke in the ground. Missing the penalty would see me copping some spraying on here. Not the best penalty from Kale but it hit the net. Keeper dived to his left and Kale put it down the middle. Just high enough the keeper didn't get a leg on it. PHHEEEWWW:fap:

About 10 minutes later as the Jets continued to dominate it was 3-0. Kale brought a high ball down in the box with a sublime touch to kill it dead. At this stage I held my breath knowing what was coming. Kale took a touch and a dribble to the left past a defender before rifling it past the keeper and into the roof of the net:fap:

With about 10 minutes to go Weston won a free kick about 25 yards out. Morris took it quick as the Jets were trying to organise a wall with the keeper Solari on the post. Ball flew into the opposite side of goal . Looked at the ref to see what was up as usually you don't get to take a free kick like that whilst a wall is being formed but the goal stood 3-1 Jets

Jets had 2 shots cleared off the line by Weston defenders in the back end of the game. Kale made a delightful turn and drilled it straight at the keeper from the edge of the box when 2-3 yards either side and I would have been fapping over a hatty. Weston could have made it interesting with 5 to go when a ball fell to a Weston player 10 yards out with the goal at his mercy but he blasted it into tomorrow and over the bar.

Second Half pretty much seen the fight go out of Weston and they were a beaten side when they returned after HT. They controlled their mouths and discipline a lot better but it was almost like the coach in calming them at HT had taken all fight out of them. Local ONE EYED crowd carried on all second half 99% of the time over nothing and the last time I saw so many deluded idiots in the one place was the last time I attended a Gypo game:blush:

Anyways a 3-1 win to the Jets extinguishing any of the debate on here about them coming last.

Weston:blush: First time I have seen them this year. How they are coming 2nd is beyond me. Southy Magic and Edgy clearly better.

Kale Brace:fap::fap:

seldom
15-06-2013, 08:36 PM
Was at the Bears v Jets youth today and **** me dead, I've never seen such a piss weak ref display as today. Micky Ryan send was a joke and the bloke in the middle should be sacked back to ID's. The bloke was bordering on cheating.

Yeah didn't go but heard from several who did that the ref was a Disc Race

outsider
15-06-2013, 08:43 PM

Mick Ryan threw the ball into the face of the Jets player.That is violent conduct which is an automatic red card.The worst thing about it is that Weston had won the free kick.Wonder what gets into a players mind when they win the free kick and still feel the need to retaliate.

seldom
15-06-2013, 08:50 PM
Jaffas 4.1 over Charlestown , jets 3.1 over 10 man weston

Jaffas on a bit of a roll...could be a darkhorse if they keep all their better players fit

Imyourhero
15-06-2013, 08:55 PM
I dont know if "through/thrown" is the right word to use. Really he flicked it, definetly was meaning to hit the kid but how many times have we seen retaliation and balls being thrown. Yellow card yes, red card no. Very similar to what ibrahimovic did the other day haha!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=b19zyNR7DDo

MFKS
15-06-2013, 08:59 PM

The ref was average.

Weston can moan all they like. Maybe they need to get their own house in order and stop moaning swearing and whinging every time they give away a free kick or don't get a free kick. Maybe this starts with the coaching staff pulling their players into line and playing with some sportsmanship.

The red was justified and the softness of the ref seen Weston avoid getting another dozen yellows/reds for backchat/abuse they deserved.

Not the first time I have seen this type of behaviour from Weston and a ****ing disgrace.

Credit to Deans/Zane that the Jets actually got on with playing the game and allowing the ref to do his job whilst Weston carried on like 2 year olds

Jardelsimage
15-06-2013, 09:06 PM
The ref was average.

Weston can moan all they like. Maybe they need to get their own house in order and stop moaning swearing and whinging every time they give away a free kick or don't get a free kick. Maybe this starts with the coaching staff pulling their players into line and playing with some sportsmanship.

The red was justified and the softness of the ref seen Weston avoid getting another dozen yellows/reds for backchat/abuse they deserved.

Not the first time I have seen this type of behaviour from Weston and a ****ing disgrace.

Credit to Deans/Zane that the Jets actually got on with playing the game and allowing the ref to do his job whilst Weston carried on like 2 year olds

MFKS your devotion to KB is really starting to scare me, not sure if it's love or something quite sick...........

outsider
15-06-2013, 09:06 PM
I dont know if "through/thrown" is the right word to use. Really he flicked it, definetly was meaning to hit the kid but how many times have we seen retaliation and balls being thrown. Yellow card yes, red card no. Very similar to what ibrahimovic did the other day haha!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=b19zyNR7DDo

If it was meant to "hit the kid" then it was intentional-violent conduct/striking can never be a yellow card-must be red-ref got it right

MFKS
15-06-2013, 09:22 PM
MFKS your devotion to KB is really starting to scare me, not sure if it's love or something quite sick...........:wtf:

MFKS
15-06-2013, 09:25 PM
If it was meant to "hit the kid" then it was intentional-violent conduct/striking can never be a yellow card-must be red-ref got it right

The bloke picked the ball up the second he hit the ground and threw it at his opponent immediately. Spur of the moment thing but at the end of the day still deliberate.

No different to someone coming up to you and scaring the shit out of you and you lashing out and smacking their teeth in. You may not have meant to break 4 of their teeth but you still did what you did

ForeverRed
15-06-2013, 09:28 PM
Jaffas on a bit of a roll...could be a darkhorse if they keep all their better players fit
Jaffas were the better team in what I can only describe as a very ordinary Game of football , charlestowns defence was not existent in the first half, I know you can only play what your opponent puts out but but a poor game overall, good luck to the jaffas

GazFish35
15-06-2013, 10:21 PM
"threw" not "through"

seldom
15-06-2013, 10:57 PM
Anyone got an unbiased report on the weston-jets game today ? Actually am truly interested

JCBT
15-06-2013, 11:04 PM
The bloke picked the ball up the second he hit the ground and threw it at his opponent immediately. Spur of the moment thing but at the end of the day still deliberate.

No different to someone coming up to you and scaring the shit out of you and you lashing out and smacking their teeth in. You may not have meant to break 4 of their teeth but you still did what you did

MFKS, You are the biggest ****wit ever to post on this site. I've read shit that you have had dished to you and thought at the time that it was a bit harsh but now I realise why you copped it. Mick Ryan just and I emphasize just softly underarmed a lob at the Jets player after the Jets player asked for the ball. The ball hit his chest and not his head as you have battered off about. The ref was a ****n joke who was bordering on cheating and for you to say anything else would be a disgrace.

I also read in your earlier post that you consider the Weston fans as a peanut gallery? Well can I suggest that you come over to us in this gallery and have a chat to us so we can shove our peanuts down your throat and shut you the **** up. And while I'm on about your rant, if you don't like coming to Kurri then please stay the **** out as we have enough of people like you from Cessnock polluting our town.
In short I go to Weston and also Maitland games to enjoy the game and always try my best to be a unbiased supporter, maybe you should open your eyes and do the same.

MFKS
15-06-2013, 11:15 PM
MFKS, You are the biggest ****wit ever to post on this site. I've read shit that you have had dished to you and thought at the time that it was a bit harsh but now I realise why you copped it. Mick Ryan just and I emphasize just softly underarmed a lob at the Jets player after the Jets player asked for the ball. The ball hit his chest and not his head as you have battered off about. The ref was a ****n joke who was bordering on cheating and for you to say anything else would be a disgrace.

I also read in your earlier post that you consider the Weston fans as a peanut gallery? Well can I suggest that you come over to us in this gallery and have a chat to us so we can shove our peanuts down your throat and shut you the **** up. And while I'm on about your rant, if you don't like coming to Kurri then please stay the **** out as we have enough of people like you from Cessnock polluting our town.
In short I go to Weston and also Maitland games to enjoy the game and always try my best to be a unbiased supporter, maybe you should open your eyes and do the same.

So can you elaborate as to why the Jets player was asking for the ball?? It was a Weston free kick after all. Why would he have been asking for it??

Why in gods name would the Weston player give the ball away when it was his free kick??

You are talking crap now

As for my opinion on the Weston crowd deal with it. I wasn't the one abusing the ref every time a decision was given against them or didn't go their way.

On another note can you enlighten me as to how many cards the Jets got today?? Answer as 0 because they got on and played the game unlike the whinefest from Weston.

Maybe the issue does lie with Weston and their discipline.

Your the one making the big statements about the ref being a cheat. Elaborate where he cheated??

What cause he sent a bloke off for throwing a ball at an opponent??? Correct Decision read the rule book

The ref was average but not as average as the abuse and carry on over his performance:grin:

immersion
15-06-2013, 11:15 PM

Whilst i might not be MFKS biggest fan. I think you have somewhat helped his point of Weston supporters being a peanut gallery.

To get this discussion board back to a discussion. What are people's thoughts on Jets games being refereed somewhat differently? I have probably watched 10 jets youth games over the past 2 years and i think the games are poorly officiated.

JCBT
15-06-2013, 11:22 PM
Whilst i might not be MFKS biggest fan. I think you have somewhat helped his point of Weston supporters being a peanut gallery.

To get this discussion board back to a discussion. What are people's thoughts on Jets games being refereed somewhat differently? I have probably watched 10 jets youth games over the past 2 years and i think the games are poorly officiated.
Just frustrated at the biased post and the slur this so called bloke posted regarding both the game and Kurri/Weston people. An honest and unbiased post would have suggested that the Jets were sharper and more technical than the Bears but the ref was disgraceful and favoured the Jets in almost every decision he made.

MFKS
15-06-2013, 11:24 PM

I agree the standards of officiating at times is poor. Jets Yoof get some soft free kicks given their way most of the time. Part of the reason for this would also be down to the other NBN sides going into challenges trying to win a physical battle whilst the Jets player focuses on the ball. When one bloke is pushing it stands out like dogs balls and the free kick is forthcoming

When one of the Jets Yoof does **** up though the ref seems to issue reds to them and make an example of them when normally it would be a lenient yellow.

What is also pointed to note is the arrogance the NBN clubs have when playing the Jets Yoof that they are being victimised and the refs favour the Jets Yoof. Complete bullshit

Zico
15-06-2013, 11:33 PM
I agree the standards of officiating at times is poor. Jets Yoof get some soft free kicks given their way most of the time. Part of the reason for this would also be down to the other NBN sides going into challenges trying to win a physical battle whilst the Jets player focuses on the ball. When one bloke is pushing it stands out like dogs balls and the free kick is forthcoming

When one of the Jets Yoof does **** up though the ref seems to issue reds to them and make an example of them when normally it would be a lenient yellow.

What is also pointed to note is the arrogance the NBN clubs have when playing the Jets Yoof that they are being victimised and the refs favour the Jets Yoof. Complete bullshit
Why do you have a gripe with the NBN clubs? from reading your posts you have a deapset hate of everything NBN except for the Jets Youth.

MFKS
15-06-2013, 11:38 PM
Why do you have a gripe with the NBN clubs? from reading your posts you have a deapset hate of everything NBN except for the Jets Youth.

Because I speak up about about them and their faults doesn't mean I hate them. I just don't pander to them like a sycophant

Zico
15-06-2013, 11:45 PM
Because I speak up about about them and their faults doesn't mean I hate them. I just don't pander to them like a sycophant
You don't speak up about them but rather bag the **** out off their every move. From my position you look to be a bitter ex-player who didn't make the level and hate the comp for it.

hawk
15-06-2013, 11:49 PM
I think you have somewhat helped his point of Weston supporters being a peanut gallery.
This.

The best way to beat the kids is to is to out muscle them. Just dont let the ref see it.

JCBT
15-06-2013, 11:51 PM
This.

The best way to beat the kids is to is to out muscle them. Just dont let the ref see it.
Did you go to the game?

MFKS
15-06-2013, 11:55 PM
You don't speak up about them but rather bag the **** out off their every move. From my position you look to be a bitter ex-player who didn't make the level and hate the comp for it.
Ex player yes.
Bitter no.

I made the level I did on my limited abilities not because i was treated poorly by NBN Clubs.

Also Zico I don't bag their every move. I offer up "SOME" praise at times.

You should read what I write more often in full before going off half cocked:sigh:

MFKS
15-06-2013, 11:58 PM
This.

Best way to beat the kids in the Jets Yoof is to have a right go at them. They cough up the ball when pressured and defensively they are poor. They don't mark up well and will offer up 1-3 chances a game on a platter anyway. Pressure them and have a lash and you will get 6-10 chances

Kicking the shit out of them doesn't work that well:gent:

hawk
16-06-2013, 12:02 AM
Did you go to the game?
we've heard from MK, What was your assessment of the game?

JCBT
16-06-2013, 12:10 AM
So can you elaborate as to why the Jets player was asking for the ball?? It was a Weston free kick after all. Why would he have been asking for it??

Why in gods name would the Weston player give the ball away when it was his free kick??

You are talking crap now

As for my opinion on the Weston crowd deal with it. I wasn't the one abusing the ref every time a decision was given against them or didn't go their way.

On another note can you enlighten me as to how many cards the Jets got today?? Answer as 0 because they got on and played the game unlike the whinefest from Weston.

Maybe the issue does lie with Weston and their discipline.

Your the one making the big statements about the ref being a cheat. Elaborate where he cheated??

What cause he sent a bloke off for throwing a ball at an opponent??? Correct Decision read the rule book

The ref was average but not as average as the abuse and carry on over his performance:grin:
What about the studs up tackle your golden boy put on Liam Thornton and nothing was done? That tackle was a leg breaker yet your one eyed view of the game meant that you failed to see that. Also what about the constant shirt pulling and fouls in the back that was let go while the Bears would breath on a Jets player and a free kick would be blown.

The send off occurred directly in front of me and Micky Ryan himself said to me that the Jets player wanted the ball.

If you honestly feel that was a send off then you should go and support the Sydney Swifts and tape your nails up as that was the softest send off I've ever witnessed.

Weston do need to shut the **** up when it comes to mouthing off to the ref and I'm the first to say its a disgrace the way they act at times but you must admit the bias the ref had today was clear for all to see.

My gripe with you is also why bag the hell out of a group of supporters that are sticking by their club when the support for the game is getting less and less but then again why do you hate every NBN club with a passion?

seldom
16-06-2013, 12:16 AM
Member For Kids Safety...weren't the yoof brought into the comp to harden em up week in week out...Grab another tissue and **** off Newcastle football doesn't need your kind of support

JCBT
16-06-2013, 12:18 AM
we've heard from MK, What was your assessment of the game?
Read the earlier posts and you will see what my opinion was.

JCBT
16-06-2013, 12:20 AM
Member For Kids Safety...weren't the yoof brought into the comp to harden em up week in week out...Grab another tissue and **** off Newcastle football doesn't need your kind of support
x100

MFKS
16-06-2013, 12:21 AM
What about the studs up tackle your golden boy put on Liam Thornton and nothing was done? That tackle was a leg breaker yet your one eyed view of the game meant that you failed to see that. Also what about the constant shirt pulling and fouls in the back that was let go while the Bears would breath on a Jets player and a free kick would be blown.
The send off occurred directly in front of me and Micky Ryan himself said to me that the Jets player wanted the ball.
If you honestly feel that was a send off then you should go and support the Sydney S

Kale gave away 2 fouls today for his tackles.

One was for a sliding effort where he was chasing back. That ain't the one you are talking about.

The other one which happened in the box is the one you are referring to??

The one where the ball was loose and Kale came over to get it and was beaten to it by a Weston player who hoofed the ball clear and injured himself by following through with his kick and collecting Kale??

Ref gave a free kick. What more do you want???

As for these constant fouls and shirt pulling by Jets I would love to know when that happened. Jets had over 70% of the ball cause Weston sat back all day and let them have it.

So you are trying to tell me that the 25/30% of the time Weston had the ball or the ball was up for grabs a team of 6ft + physical players like Weston were bullied about by the Jets yoofs midgets and lightweights?? FFS

Maybe the ref didn't allow you to get away with the physical shit that you get away with most weeks???

JCBT
16-06-2013, 12:34 AM
Kale gave away 2 fouls today for his tackles.

One was for a sliding effort where he was chasing back. That ain't the one you are talking about.

The other one which happened in the box is the one you are referring to??

The one where the ball was loose and Kale came over to get it and was beaten to it by a Weston player who hoofed the ball clear and injured himself by following through with his kick and collecting Kale??

Ref gave a free kick. What more do you want???

As for these constant fouls and shirt pulling by Jets I would love to know when that happened. Jets had over 70% of the ball cause Weston sat back all day and let them have it.

So you are trying to tell me that the 25/30% of the time Weston had the ball or the ball was up for grabs a team of 6ft + physical players like Weston were bullied about by the Jets yoofs midgets and lightweights?? FFS

Maybe the ref didn't allow you to get away with the physical shit that you get away with most weeks???
This exchange with you is no different to the ones I have with my teenage kids. Your blinded by your support and the clear elitism you feel you have over the NBN clubs.

Please go to a game one time with an open mind.

Yes the Bears are playing a hoof it style at the moment and yes they do have the ability to play a better style but at the end of the day it is getting results and it clearly is best for the cattle that Darren Elkin has at his disposal so why not play the style that is best suited to your players?

We can all wish for and wank over the tika taka football but this isn't the Spanish top flight either.

MFKS
16-06-2013, 12:37 AM
My gripe with you is also why bag the hell out of a group of supporters that are sticking by their club when the support for the game is getting less and less but then again why do you hate every NBN club with a passion?

You posted that after the fact

Hey I don't knock you blokes who go out there and support your club for doing it.

You will also see I compliment Magic/Olympic for the way they run their clubs.
I do Bag Olympic for their long ball though

I am pretty ambivalent to Jaffas Lakes Azzurri.

JCBT
16-06-2013, 12:39 AM
I also forgot about the throw in that the ref made the Bears retake and instructed them to throw it to a Jets player? The ball was out and the Jets players wasn't hurt but even if he was, when has it been a rule to be enforced by the ref that you have to play the ball back to the opposition?

You clearly only saw what you wanted of the match.

GazFish35
16-06-2013, 12:41 AM
We can all wish for and wank over the tika taka football but this isn't the Spanish top flight either.

And there's only one team in that comp that's any good at.

Imyourhero
16-06-2013, 12:48 AM
In a realistic summary of today from a neutral perspective;
Jets won 3-1 however the win was hardly a convincing one.
First half was terrible by both teams, jets had the usual boring possession without really creating any exciting opportunities. Weston played counter attack football, which lets not forget is a legitimate tactic in the world of football especially considering that it is common knowledge with the way that the jets and all their youth teams play the same style of football where they are terribly unguarded to an effective counter attack. Thankfully for the jets Weston were very wasteful in the first half and in reality if their finishing/final third decisions were sharper they easily could have punished the jets. Then Ryan got sent, a key moment in the momentum of the match.

Second half was just a case of Weston losing the wind in their sales, mentally and physically. With Weston being a man down and not capitalizing on the opportunities they were presented with in the first half it was only a case of when, not if, the jets would finally break them down. In summary it was a classic match of football, and i firmly believe that it Weston had been able to score first they would have been able to ground out a result as per usual with their amazing ability to do so.

Will admit KB was a standout, and being held back with the players around him i believe is only going to be detrimental to his development. You can see that he is ahead of everyone in physical and mental skill and at times tries to take the piss too much. He needs to be training with the senior team full time which will either make him or break him.

MFKS
16-06-2013, 12:51 AM
This exchange with you is no different to the ones I have with my teenage kids. Your blinded by your support and the clear elitism you feel you have over the NBN clubs.

Please go to a game one time with an open mind.

Yes the Bears are playing a hoof it style at the moment and yes they do have the ability to play a better style but at the end of the day it is getting results and it clearly is best for the cattle that Darren Elkin has at his disposal so why not play the style that is best suited to your players?

Elitism???:wacko: I don't think anyone is elite or that the Jets Yoof are entitled to sweep all before them. They have to earn their success like anyone else. When they lose I will also credit the victor and am harsh on them.

Weston have played the same style when I played them and for the last 20 years I know of and probably for the 100 years before that. Playing a physical style of long balls and bash and barging everywhere is always gonna struggle against a side trying to hold the ball as the Jets Yoof do if you can't get results from your one on one duels and get some set piece successes.

Maybe Weston need to look at their tactics V Jets Yoof Currently 4 played 4 Losses.

Something ain't working

JCBT
16-06-2013, 12:52 AM
First half was terrible by both teams, jets had the usual boring possession without really creating any exciting opportunities. Weston played counter attack football, which lets not forget is a legitimate tactic in the world of football especially considering that it is common knowledge with the way that the jets and all their youth teams play the same style of football where they are terribly unguarded to an effective counter attack. Thankfully for the jets Weston were very wasteful in the first half and in reality if their finishing/final third decisions were sharper they easily could have punished the jets. Then Ryan got sent, a key moment in the momentum of the match.

Second half was just a case of Weston losing the wind in their sales, mentally and physically. With Weston being a man down and not capitalizing on the opportunities they were presented with in the first half it was only a case of when, not if, the jets would finally break them down. In summary it was a classic match of football, and i firmly believe that it Weston had been able to score first they would have been able to ground out a result as per usual with their amazing ability to do so.

Will admit KB was a standout, and being held back with the players around him i believe is only going to be detrimental to his development. You can see that he is ahead of everyone in physical and mental skill and at times tries to take the piss too much. He needs to be training with the senior team full time which will either make him or break him.

KB should be used by GVE and I'm ****ed why he isn't. The bloke is strong, sharp and super skillfull on the ball plus he is a proven goal scorer.

MFKS
16-06-2013, 12:58 AM
I also forgot about the throw in that the ref made the Bears retake and instructed them to throw it to a Jets player? The ball was out and the Jets players wasn't hurt but even if he was, when has it been a rule to be enforced by the ref that you have to play the ball back to the opposition?

You clearly only saw what you wanted of the match.

Umm when Finlayson who took a head knock after coming off second best in a body collision and spent about 30-45 seconds dazed on the ground before the Jets put it out for a throw in.

The ref was checking on the Finlayson's welfare as he had got back to his feet when Weston decided to take a quick throw to a teammate despite the ref never having restarted the game. (I could make some remarks about the lack of sportsmanship here but I will let it go).

When play restarted Weston threw the ball back to Jets this time around

Gee you have an amazing memory of the match.

No wonder you feel so victimised when stuff that actually happened you have twisted around

JCBT
16-06-2013, 01:02 AM
Umm when Finlayson who took a head knock after coming off second best in a body collision and spent about 30-45 seconds dazed on the ground before the Jets put it out for a throw in.

The ref was checking on the Finlayson's welfare as he had got back to his feet when Weston decided to take a quick throw to a teammate despite the ref never having restarted the game. (I could make some remarks about the lack of sportsmanship here but I will let it go).

When play restarted Weston threw the ball back to Jets this time around

Gee you have an amazing memory of the match.

No wonder you feel so victimised when stuff that actually happened you have twisted around
I'll end it there as you were clearly watching a different game to me and everybody else at the ground. Are you the same bloke who was Khan Khant from a few years ago?

MFKS
16-06-2013, 01:05 AM
I'll end it there as you were clearly watching a different game to me and everybody else at the ground. Are you the same bloke who was Khan Khant from a few years ago?

Maybe I was actually watching the game and not blowing my stack like those in the Peanut Gallery around you were

MFKS
16-06-2013, 01:11 AM
KB should be used by GVE and I'm ****ed why he isn't. The bloke is strong, sharp and super skillfull on the ball plus he is a proven goal scorer.

Now I know you are full of shit. :roflz:There are many words that I would use to describe the one and only Kale Bradbery. Hell I have used them all

Strong:rof: ain't one of them though.

He is 5 ft 8 and about 60-70kgs and would struggle to win a header all season and gets pushed off the ball physically by opponents

STRONG:roflz:

JCBT
16-06-2013, 01:14 AM
He looked strong on the ball today and by saying strong I mean hard to dispose of when he has the ball at his feet.

I think your just one of those twats that want an argument with some poor bastard so I'm finished giving your kicks for the night.

Fairgo
16-06-2013, 01:37 AM

If you honestly feel that was a send off then you should go and support the Sydney Swifts and tape your nails up as that was the softest send off I've ever witnessed.

Weston do need to shut the **** up when it comes to mouthing off to the ref and I'm the first to say its a disgrace the way they act at times but you must admit the bias the ref had today was clear for all to see.

FFS who would be a ref!!! You said it "Weston do need to shut the **** up when it comes to mouthing off to the ref and I'm the first to say its a disgrace the way they act" If I was a ref after listening and putting up with that crap I would not give any favours (human instinct) very lucky not to had more yellow and red cards. Weston were undisciplined and caused their own issues. It was not all one sided what about the soft freekick/penalty given which the Weston goal was scored 99% of the time a ref would have pulled that back and had it retaken. Shirt pulling, come on happens in every game from both teams from games I have watched at all levels, being a bit petty. The send off soft yes but there was intent, rules of the game, seen the same thing happen in another game, can't remember if it was earlier this year or last year and ended in the same result RED card. Agree ref was poor but it was not bias just a lack of discipline as said agree with you about the KB tackle could have been sent. Not sure about your comment "the support for the game is getting less" maybe some clubs but overall I think it is pretty healthy been a follower for many years and the support is still there.

seldom
16-06-2013, 02:56 AM

Finally...an unbiased account..............cheers

CStein
16-06-2013, 11:32 AM

Yeah they seem to be doing quite well since Jobe and Abe took over the decision making for the team. I have heard there are a couple of senior players undermining the coach, which leads me to think he may not be there next year. That being said they have some fantastic individual elements to the team and if they continue to gel they will be unstoppable. Johnny Maj has to be the star in this team.

Will the Jaffas run into trouble with PL points system? FR can you shed light on this?

HMMMMMMM... so no promotion relegation if Jets come last... interesting for New FM clubs... will Fed make call to relegate 2nd last competition team?... or just not ratify their (2nd and 3rd last placed teams) inclusion to the NPL... many ways this can pan out...

No chance of that happening now. I feel for Lakes and Valo. It would be a terrible for the State League to lose Macquarie field, a venue that has so much potential but maybe David Eland wants to take it over maybe part of a bigger plan. As for Valentine with such a massive junior base I have no idea how they don’t have a dedicated football venue and better team considering their juniors. Maybe time for Lakes and Valo to join ranks and play out of Macquarie Field? They are geographically close to each other.

Not sure how the Federation thinks the new PL will be representative of the Zones and regions if we have a current concentration of Hamilton, Magic, Jaffas, and possibly Adamstown and Cookshill making their way to the top flight. Not sure what the answer is but definitely less travel for the locals. Maitland would be a better geographical inclusion to the comp. Who knows the Fed may bring up two teams.

How can there be criteria when the jets don't have a ground

I take it you are complaining about getting an extra game of revenue for your club? Jets have a place in the SL and new PL and apart from the fact they will continue to pilfer players from the clubs they are competing against, they do offer interest in the SL and as I said offer clubs an extra one or two games for revenue. If they fail criteria, then the club their playing has failed criteria and should be pushed from the comp.

lets all agree jaffas pumped magic yewwwwww

As with the other games that had been played on the wet weekend and teams getting a rest I hear that Magic were very flat and not so much that the Jaffas played exceptional football. Skewed results always seem to come from these wet/rested/deffered games/teams. Like I said earlier the Jasffas have definitely picked up since Jobe entered the team. I wonder if Weston would have done better against Edgy if they hadn’t also played the previous week in the mud. Lets see how Hamilton, Azzuri, Jaffas, and Edgy go after their rescheduled matches which from memory had to be played within two weeks but only when it suited the league administrator.

To sell alcohol you need a licence and Substantial FOOD and water to be available whist you sell the alcohol. If you have no food, lollies and smiths chips do not count as substantial, or free drinkable water available you are in breach of your licence conditions and therefore not able to sell alcohol.

There is no requirement in the rules for clubs to sell alcohol, from my knowledge. Any requirements relating to alcohol are primarily governed by liquor licencing. The Fed does however have the ability under the rules to prohibit or control alcohol sales, prohibit types of alcohol and strength of alcohol, ie 5%, 1.5%.

As forever red said “its financial suicide not selling coldies”. All be it on Valos head.

The magic game was called before 1 pm, not sure why, couldn't have been for wet surface as it hadn't rained since Friday, each to their own I suppose, don't want to go out in this weather anyway, the crickets on

Probably because the field was still recovering from the previouse weekend v Sth Cardiff.

Charlestown and Olympic has just been called off

This was a strage call off.

Edgy v jaffas are off

No surprise there.

Magic for whatever their reasoning played the previous week in torrential conditions. I don’t know how many grounds can take that hammering and recover to be perfect the following week. For a rubbish field it still is by far the best facility in the league. Put things into perspective. Hamiltons pitch is generally the pick of the bunch. At present.

Jaffas were the better team in what I can only describe as a very ordinary Game of football , charlestowns defence was not existent in the first half, I know you can only play what your opponent puts out but but a poor game overall, good luck to the jaffas

But these are the games you need to win. Poor game, good result for moving up the ladder. As for moving up the ladder what is going on with Hamilton? Two wins and they are up there but gee its not a good position to be in at the moment.

Sorry Zico do not agree. I think MKFS can be over the top in his passion for the jets youth but he certainly gives it to them when they do not play well.

Elitism???:wacko: I don't think anyone is elite or that the Jets Yoof are entitled to sweep all before them. They have to earn their success like anyone else. When they lose I will also credit the victor and am harsh on them.

Weston have played the same style when I played them and for the last 20 years I know of and probably for the 100 years before that. Playing a physical style of long balls and bash and barging everywhere is always gonna struggle against a side trying to hold the ball as the Jets Yoof do if you can't get results from your one on one duels and get some set piece successes.

Maybe Weston need to look at their tactics V Jets Yoof Currently 4 played 4 Losses. Something ain't working

I tend to agree these comments about the Weston playing style, it is very poor football, reminiscent of Hamilton at times but Hamo has less growl, but its providing results for them. They are one point off the lead, must be doing something right. The poor discipline and constant harassing of refs will win them no favours. When you play hard football you expect to see yourself in the referees note pad. They should not be whinning about this. As for the crowd, well they have to support their team wrong or right, but every supporter has a skewed view to their own club, so I would expect nothing less from the crowd feeling upset with decisions. I must say the number of jets games I have seen I often think the refs give them an easier ride.

Anyhow MFKS provides for interesting reading and offer this forum some light, for that we should be thankful.

Harden them up, or develop them? How do you see it?

Hook line and sinker again

Comment still stands. I think it is sad that Northern will build the royal mint of football at Lake Macquarie, Lakes will be relegated, and the state gov and councils will have no money to help clubs like South Cardiff to improve their football facilities.

Has this been confirmed yet? And why does it take the Fed so long to think about and confirm where they are having a GF???

And yes hello to all i am back from NZ.

TheBean
16-06-2013, 11:59 AM
cstain you must be the biggest peanut on here by some distance

ForeverRed
16-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Yeah they seem to be doing quite well since Jobe and Abe took over the decision making for the team. I have heard there are a couple of senior players undermining the coach, which leads me to think he may not be there next year. That being said they have some fantastic individual elements to the team and if they continue to gel they will be unstoppable. Johnny Maj has to be the star in this team.

Will the Jaffas run into trouble with PL points system? FR can you shed light on this?

No chance of that happening now. I feel for Lakes and Valo. It would be a terrible for the State League to lose Macquarie field, a venue that has so much potential but maybe David Eland wants to take it over maybe part of a bigger plan. As for Valentine with such a massive junior base I have no idea how they don’t have a dedicated football venue and better team considering their juniors. Maybe time for Lakes and Valo to join ranks and play out of Macquarie Field? They are geographically close to each other.

Not sure how the Federation thinks the new PL will be representative of the Zones and regions if we have a current concentration of Hamilton, Magic, Jaffas, and possibly Adamstown and Cookshill making their way to the top flight. Not sure what the answer is but definitely less travel for the locals. Maitland would be a better geographical inclusion to the comp. Who knows the Fed may bring up two teams.

I take it you are complaining about getting an extra game of revenue for your club? Jets have a place in the SL and new PL and apart from the fact they will continue to pilfer players from the clubs they are competing against, they do offer interest in the SL and as I said offer clubs an extra one or two games for revenue. If they fail criteria, then the club their playing has failed criteria and should be pushed from the comp.

As with the other games that had been played on the wet weekend and teams getting a rest I hear that Magic were very flat and not so much that the Jaffas played exceptional football. Skewed results always seem to come from these wet/rested/deffered games/teams. Like I said earlier the Jasffas have definitely picked up since Jobe entered the team. I wonder if Weston would have done better against Edgy if they hadn’t also played the previous week in the mud. Lets see how Hamilton, Azzuri, Jaffas, and Edgy go after their rescheduled matches which from memory had to be played within two weeks but only when it suited the league administrator.

To sell alcohol you need a licence and Substantial FOOD and water to be available whist you sell the alcohol. If you have no food, lollies and smiths chips do not count as substantial, or free drinkable water available you are in breach of your licence conditions and therefore not able to sell alcohol.

There is no requirement in the rules for clubs to sell alcohol, from my knowledge. Any requirements relating to alcohol are primarily governed by liquor licencing. The Fed does however have the ability under the rules to prohibit or control alcohol sales, prohibit types of alcohol and strength of alcohol, ie 5%, 1.5%.

As forever red said “its financial suicide not selling coldies”. All be it on Valos head.

Probably because the field was still recovering from the previouse weekend v Sth Cardiff.

This was a strage call off.

No surprise there.

Magic for whatever their reasoning played the previous week in torrential conditions. I don’t know how many grounds can take that hammering and recover to be perfect the following week. For a rubbish field it still is by far the best facility in the league. Put things into perspective. Hamiltons pitch is generally the pick of the bunch. At present.

But these are the games you need to win. Poor game, good result for moving up the ladder. As for moving up the ladder what is going on with Hamilton? Two wins and they are up there but gee its not a good position to be in at the moment.

Sorry Zico do not agree. I think MKFS can be over the top in his passion for the jets youth but he certainly gives it to them when they do not play well.

I tend to agree these comments about the Weston playing style, it is very poor football, reminiscent of Hamilton at times but Hamo has less growl, but its providing results for them. They are one point off the lead, must be doing something right. The poor discipline and constant harassing of refs will win them no favours. When you play hard football you expect to see yourself in the referees note pad. They should not be whinning about this. As for the crowd, well they have to support their team wrong or right, but every supporter has a skewed view to their own club, so I would expect nothing less from the crowd feeling upset with decisions. I must say the number of jets games I have seen I often think the refs give them an easier ride.

Anyhow MFKS provides for interesting reading and offer this forum some light, for that we should be thankful.

Harden them up, or develop them? How do you see it?

Comment still stands. I think it is sad that Northern will build the royal mint of football at Lake Macquarie, Lakes will be relegated, and the state gov and councils will have no money to help clubs like South Cardiff to improve their football facilities.

Has this been confirmed yet? And why does it take the Fed so long to think about and confirm where they are having a GF???

And yes hello to all i am back from NZ.

South Cardiff doesn't need help with their facilities, their moving along quite nicely, pick other clubs like olympic or lakes, Southy have more under cover seating then olympic with more in the pipe line and larger sheds, olympic have done nothing to their existing facilities for a while, lakes facilities are falling down around them, the outer ground resembles a waste land and dust bowl and have shown no improvement for a while, best you head back to your girlfriend ba ba in New Zealand champ

ForeverRed
16-06-2013, 05:48 PM
Olympic 5 phoenix nil, lakes 4 southy nil, Southy played second half with 10 men

CStein
16-06-2013, 05:52 PM
Olympic 5 phoenix nil, lakes 4 southy nil, Southy played second half with 10 men

Are you sure about Lakes / Southy result???

ForeverRed
16-06-2013, 06:01 PM
Are you sure about Lakes / Southy result???
Yep

Forever Green
16-06-2013, 07:31 PM
Yep

That's gotta hurt...

halo se7en
16-06-2013, 07:43 PM
Anyone else watch Edgy v Broadmeadow today? Few chances for both teams but generally wasteful finishing, poor crosses and a missed penalty. No surprise it was 0-0.

I'd like to add my two cents to the Jets v NBN discussion. I have no allegiance to ANY team in this comp. When I get a free weekend, I pick out what appears to be the more interesting match of the round and watch that. I watched quite a few Jets Youth games last season because I was curious to see how they went. The biggest thing I noticed was how often they would get hacked down without barely a word of protest to the ref.. almost as if it had been drilled into them by the coaches to just take it and get used to the physicality. Any slight nudge on the other team and they'd be in the ref's ear all goddamn game… not to mention the Jets Youth being up against vocal home crowds EVERY single game.

This may sound like a contradiction but from what I've seen, a) the Jets don't get bad calls in their favour from the ref, no more than any other team but b) I think they've certainly earnt the respect of the refs because they don't carry on like ****ing pork chops every single time the ref blows the whistle. I think it's also a very simple lesson that a team that doesn't base their strategy on physicality will benefit in the long term.

militiamon
16-06-2013, 07:56 PM
Kale Brace:fap::fap:

lol, just doing my weekly check of da best thread on da foz.

Magnificent read MFKS, had quite a few genuine lolz reading your posts. Keep up the good work.

Edit: And I just read someone in this thread wrote "all be it" instead of "albeit" :rof:

Gold!

ForeverRed
16-06-2013, 08:18 PM
That's gotta hurt...
Didn't play, didn't feel a thing

seldom
16-06-2013, 09:08 PM
Anyone else watch Edgy v Broadmeadow today? Few chances for both teams but generally wasteful finishing, poor crosses and a missed penalty. No surprise it was 0-0.

I'd like to add my two cents to the Jets v NBN discussion. I have no allegiance to ANY team in this comp. When I get a free weekend, I pick out what appears to be the more interesting match of the round and watch that. I watched quite a few Jets Youth games last season because I was curious to see how they went. The biggest thing I noticed was how often they would get hacked down without barely a word of protest to the ref.. almost as if it had been drilled into them by the coaches to just take it and get used to the physicality. Any slight nudge on the other team and they'd be in the ref's ear all goddamn game… not to mention the Jets Youth being up against vocal home crowds EVERY single game.

This may sound like a contradiction but from what I've seen, a) the Jets don't get bad calls in their favour from the ref, no more than any other team but b) I think they've certainly earnt the respect of the refs because they don't carry on like ****ing pork chops every single time the ref blows the whistle. I think it's also a very simple lesson that a team that doesn't base their strategy on physicality will benefit in the long term.

cry me a river Halo

JCBT
16-06-2013, 09:09 PM
cry me a river Halo
Gold

seldom
16-06-2013, 09:12 PM
lol, just doing my weekly check of da best thread on da foz.

Magnificent read MFKS, had quite a few genuine lolz reading your posts. Keep up the good work.

Edit: And I just read someone in this thread wrote "all be it" instead of "albeit" :rof:

Gold!

FFS....really?

halo se7en
16-06-2013, 09:47 PM
cry me a river Halo

What the ****'s your problem Seldom? Are you incapable of a civil response to what was a pretty conservative and unbiased post?

I guess we're all entitled to our opinion, as long as it's the same as yours.

seldom
17-06-2013, 01:21 AM
What the ****'s your problem Seldom? Are you incapable of a civil response to what was a pretty conservative and unbiased post?

I guess we're all entitled to our opinion, as long as it's the same as yours.

If thats your idea of an unbiased post then yes our opinions differ and yes believe I am capable of a "civil response" when warranted

seldom
17-06-2013, 06:54 PM

who got sent for southy ? what was the score when they were reduced ?

halo se7en
17-06-2013, 07:06 PM
How was it biased? I have no allegiance to any team in the league. It was based purely on observations from last season & this season. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean you have to act like a complete ****wit.