PDA

View Full Version : 2013 NBN State League Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

MFKS
17-06-2013, 07:25 PM
Relax Halo se7en. :sup:

Seldom is just being his usual grumpy self.

I thought your opinions were pretty much spot on the money:sup: but Seldom and his ilk can't see through the NBN League with any degree of impartiality or perspective at the best of times so it isn't surprising to me he responded the way he did.

Anyone who says anything favourable about the Jets yoof is shot down and the other 9 NBN clubs are beyond reproach.

Militia thanks for the Vote of Confidence.:sup:

Will be back bigger and better again this weekend.

I now have two reasons to write my Jets Yoof reports. The fact you enjoy them and that Seldom gets pissed about them will mean this week we will be getting an epic effort:pissup:

ForeverRed
17-06-2013, 07:36 PM
who got sent for southy ? what was the score when they were reduced ?
Aran Tidey, 2 nil, 5 minutes into second half, would of got beat with 11, gunners were poo

Thomas477
17-06-2013, 07:36 PM
MFKS, would also put the Jaffas with the Jets, our good friend CStein seems to love having a go at them.

:popcorn:

MFKS
17-06-2013, 09:01 PM
On another note Jets Yoof have been playing a new formation in recent weeks. Maybe GVE is looking to trial it in the Yoof with a view to HAL

3 Central Defenders

2 Defensive Mids

2 Wide Mids

2 Attack Mids

1 Striker

More of a 3-6-1 than anything.

One thing with it is it is keeping 3 blokes back and they look less vulnerable to the quick counter which plagued last season HAL campaign when they kept leaving 2 defenders high and dry.

Imyourhero
17-06-2013, 09:04 PM
On another note Jets Yoof have been playing a new formation in recent weeks. Maybe GVE is looking to trial it in the Yoof with a view to HAL

3 Central Defenders

2 Defensive Mids

2 Wide Mids

2 Attack Mids

1 Striker

More of a 3-6-1 than anything.

One thing with it is it is keeping 3 blokes back and they look less vulnerable to the quick counter which plagued last season HAL campaign when they kept leaving 2 defenders high and dry.

GVE will still find some way to **** it up.

sutho
17-06-2013, 09:10 PM
What about the studs up tackle your golden boy put on Liam Thornton and nothing was done? That tackle was a leg breaker yet your one eyed view of the game meant that you failed to see that. Also what about the constant shirt pulling and fouls in the back that was let go while the Bears would breath on a Jets player and a free kick would be blown.

The send off occurred directly in front of me and Micky Ryan himself said to me that the Jets player wanted the ball.

If you honestly feel that was a send off then you should go and support the Sydney Swifts and tape your nails up as that was the softest send off I've ever witnessed.

Weston do need to shut the **** up when it comes to mouthing off to the ref and I'm the first to say its a disgrace the way they act at times but you must admit the bias the ref had today was clear for all to see.

My gripe with you is also why bag the hell out of a group of supporters that are sticking by their club when the support for the game is getting less and less but then again why do you hate every NBN club with a passion?
agreed
the ref had a shocker! i counted 5 questionable calls to yoof! consistency please!

seldom
17-06-2013, 09:23 PM
How was it biased? I have no allegiance to any team in the league. It was based purely on observations from last season & this season. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean you have to act like a complete ****wit.

Thanx champ. You say it's unbiased then start to throw love at the yoof and bag the nbn clubs. I actually have more ties to the jets yoof than any nbn club.I actually agree that the yoof get no special favours from refs and yes after being instructed by the coaching staff have stopped diving and having a whinge but to carry on like nbn players are thugs and nbn spectators are uneducated in footballing knowledge does more harm to the jets cause than good.
On a positive note looks like you've found a new friend in the member although not sure if this is a victory

EH9
17-06-2013, 09:25 PM
Heard a rumour tonight that the Phoenix has released their coach tonight.

seldom
17-06-2013, 09:26 PM
GVE will still find some way to **** it up.

3-2-4-1...may work for the yoof but your right would hate for the 1st team to try it...need 3 quality backs to start with

Imyourhero
17-06-2013, 10:03 PM
3-2-4-1...may work for the yoof but your right would hate for the 1st team to try it...need 3 quality backs to start with

Heskey to CB since we signed a super star in Gibbs!...........................:wink:

seldom
17-06-2013, 10:15 PM

Tappy?

sancho_theswan
17-06-2013, 10:17 PM
Tappy?

Interesting!

sutho
17-06-2013, 10:18 PM
Tappy?
iheard Tappy and 23s coach gone!

ForeverRed
17-06-2013, 10:23 PM

True

late_to_the_game
17-06-2013, 10:24 PM
So can the experts here start putting up the most likely candidates to take over?

seldom
17-06-2013, 10:24 PM
Interesting!

Cleaning house before the Belswans merger...:wink:
just jokes lol

EH9
17-06-2013, 10:26 PM
Won't be a massive list of people who will want it. They will most likely have to troll the coaches who currently don't have a job and hope they want a project.

ForeverRed
17-06-2013, 10:26 PM
Cleaning house before the Belswans merger...:wink:
just jokes lol
😄😄😀

EH9
17-06-2013, 10:32 PM
Maybe your 23's coach could do it, Forever Red. He goes well.

seldom
17-06-2013, 10:33 PM
wasn't he sacked from an nbn team a few years ago...won't do his coaching confidence any good...was probably lacking a few cattle tbh. Trying to think who would be available who hasn't themselves been sacked in the last couple of years

EH9
17-06-2013, 10:34 PM
wasn't he sacked from an nbn team a few years ago...won't do his coaching confidence any good...was probably lacking a few cattle tbh. Trying to think who would be available who hasn't themselves been sacked in the last couple of years

Toronto

ForeverRed
17-06-2013, 10:39 PM
Maybe your 23's coach could do it, Forever Red. He goes well.

He gave it away due to work commitments

EH9
17-06-2013, 10:41 PM
Fawkesy?

ForeverRed
17-06-2013, 10:58 PM
Fawkesy?
No sorry, thought you meant graham jones, fawkesy is only helping out, his not available every weekend due to his bike riding commitments but would do a good job

Imyourhero
17-06-2013, 11:07 PM
ForeverRed, out of curiosity would you know the average age of your 23s team?

ForeverRed
17-06-2013, 11:16 PM
ForeverRed, out of curiosity would you know the average age of your 23s team?

wannabe
17-06-2013, 11:21 PM
Forever is mick Stafford still with the club?

ForeverRed
17-06-2013, 11:25 PM
Forever is mick Stafford still with the club?

No, has a new baby, new job and a new house and it all got a bit much with training and commitment , he will be missed on and off the field

halo se7en
18-06-2013, 08:39 AM
Thanx champ. You say it's unbiased then start to throw love at the yoof and bag the nbn clubs. I actually have more ties to the jets yoof than any nbn club.I actually agree that the yoof get no special favours from refs and yes after being instructed by the coaching staff have stopped diving and having a whinge but to carry on like nbn players are thugs and nbn spectators are uneducated in footballing knowledge does more harm to the jets cause than good.
On a positive note looks like you've found a new friend in the member although not sure if this is a victory

Throw love at the Jets? Because I said they don't carry on like pork chops? That's a big leap.

Secondly, where did I mention spectators?

Third, you say I'm doing more harm to the Jets cause than good. What part of "I don't have an allegiance to ANY team" don't you understand?

I guess if I say the Magic players attitude towards the ref and linesmen on Sunday was pretty ordinary, then that automatically makes me a lifelong Edgeworth fan?

seldom
18-06-2013, 11:00 AM
Any word on the new Valo coach yet ?

The Baby Piglet
18-06-2013, 11:54 AM
well i see someone has finally turned off the leaking tapp

Local Rules
19-06-2013, 12:40 PM
Magic have called off 17's and 19's for tonight already. How precious are they with their ground. Are they saving it for the GF?

magician
19-06-2013, 01:16 PM
Any news on the other games tonight? If they do get called off I bet the muppets at northern will reschedule it for nxt Wednesday when state of origin is on

Imyourhero
19-06-2013, 01:34 PM
edgy vs lambton all games postponed

immersion
19-06-2013, 03:00 PM
Magic have called off 17's and 19's for tonight already. How precious are they with their ground. Are they saving it for the GF?

How do you say this? Did you go and have a look at the ground and deem it playable?

Local Rules
19-06-2013, 04:02 PM
How do you say this? Did you go and have a look at the ground and deem it playable?

No but they played first and 23's on the allocated weekend with more rain then we have had in the last few weeks and they play away this weekend so time for the ground to recover. What is the difference, it is still two games and the younger ones probably wouldn't do as much damage as the older grades.

Fairgo
19-06-2013, 07:36 PM
So can the experts here start putting up the most likely candidates to take over?

Chris Miner???

ForeverRed
19-06-2013, 08:22 PM
Chris Miner???
Won't happen

The Magician
19-06-2013, 08:43 PM

You better believe it...

Games at Charlestown, Thornton, Edgeworth and the much anticipated Jets Trial at Ulinga were postponed too what have they got to be precious about?

EH9
19-06-2013, 10:50 PM
Heard that Phoenix have appointed last years Central Coast U20 coach, rumour only.

seldom
19-06-2013, 11:47 PM
Heard that Phoenix have appointed last years Central Coast U20 coach, rumour only.

yeah Tappy undermined by the central coast lads apparantly. 2 Lightning coaches taking over.Can't understand valo really, they'll get demoted, these coasties will leave and they will have to rebuild, perhaps using one of the strongest junior bases around :banghead:

sutho
20-06-2013, 12:54 AM
yeah Tappy undermined by the central coast lads apparantly. 2 Lightning coaches taking over.Can't understand valo really, they'll get demoted, these coasties will leave and they will have to rebuild, perhaps using one of the strongest junior bases around :banghead:
If that's true then that's poor form from valo.
Must say that when bears beat them 3-1 the rumours were already happening.

ForeverRed
20-06-2013, 08:42 AM
Southy recently signed 3 boys from valo, the reason for leaving was simple, no pathway to first grade, no youth promoted, spots taken by coastie players, what will they care when there relegated, take their money and run, Tappy may have got it wrong by having to many coasties but the committee seems to be following the same path , where's the community in this club, laughable

ForeverRed
20-06-2013, 08:44 AM
Tappy can't have his cake and eat to, he made his bed by signing out of town players, he now needs to lie in it

Youaskedforit
20-06-2013, 09:12 AM
Tappy can't have his cake and eat to, he made his bed by signing out of town players, he now needs to lie in it

What was he to do mate, people dont want to play there more because of committee, not tappys fault, im sure he would love local players to come flocking to play for him...... wish tappy all the best........ sure if he had good cattle it would work better.

Youaskedforit
20-06-2013, 09:13 AM

Jacob Bohr still play for you mate ?

ForeverRed
20-06-2013, 10:35 AM
Jacob Bohr still play for you mate ?
Went to phoenix

WATCHOUT
20-06-2013, 03:54 PM
Southy recently signed 3 boys from valo, the reason for leaving was simple, no pathway to first grade, no youth promoted, spots taken by coastie players, what will they care when there relegated, take their money and run, Tappy may have got it wrong by having to many coasties but the committee seems to be following the same path , where's the community in this club, laughable

Fever Red,

When you say Valentine have no pathway is that where your junior players come through the ranks of the club?

When was the last junior player that come through your club?

ForeverRed
20-06-2013, 04:34 PM
Fever
When you say Valentine have no pathway is that where your junior players come through the ranks of the club?

Marcus Duncan 17, currently playing jets youth, Southy junior, played u23s last year with a couple of first grade appearances, was a member of our young futures programme among many other 17 year olds currently playing 23s, to add to that there's the Johnson brothers who are Southy juniors that also came through our development programme and have been first grade players for a few years now, I hope this answers your question, there's a few more but I won't go on with it

sutho
20-06-2013, 08:42 PM
What was he to do mate, people dont want to play there more because of committee, not tappys fault, im sure he would love local players to come flocking to play for him...... wish tappy all the best........ sure if he had good cattle it would work better.
Are you kidding or ignorant (hopefully one of them)
The committee didn't pick the cattle, everyone knows that.

Youaskedforit
21-06-2013, 10:00 AM
Are you kidding or ignorant (hopefully one of them)
The committee didn't pick the cattle, everyone knows that.

No tappy did, from the players who applied only .......

cobra23
21-06-2013, 10:57 AM
Fever Red,

what are you going on about?
All your junior players cant even seem to get a proper Valentine team to NBN,
You had to rely on a merge from an already promoted PHOENIX RANGERS team..

ForeverRed
21-06-2013, 11:00 AM
There's a few coaches in newcastle who have always had good cattle and made that coach look better then what they really are, some even will tell you about their success as a coach but fail to mention the dollars spent and how good of players he had but also there are coaches who back themselves and bring kids on through their own coaching abilities, there's not many but at least some coaches are honest with themselves

Onehunglow
21-06-2013, 11:26 AM
There's a few coaches in newcastle who have always had good cattle and made that coach look better then what they really are, some even will tell you about their success as a coach but fail to mention the dollars spent and how good of players he had but also there are coaches who back themselves and bring kids on through their own coaching abilities, there's not many but at least some coaches are honest with themselves

Been saying this for years FR, there's also quite a few coaches who won't go near a developing type club or a club without a full list of established players where you might actually have to coach and teach players the game.

21-06-2013, 12:16 PM
Fever Red,

Bit rich with all the coasties and kids that came from other clubs to fill your 15's SYL side

Bremsstrahlung
21-06-2013, 01:47 PM
Marcus Duncan 17, currently playing jets youth, Southy junior, played u23s last year with a couple of first grade appearances, was a member of our young futures programme among many other 17 year olds currently playing 23s, to add to that there's the Johnson brothers who are Southy juniors that also came through our development programme and have been first grade players for a few years now, I hope this answers your question, there's a few more but I won't go on with it

Tbh, i don't see what is so special about him. In my opinion, Southy has much better players more than capable of playing First Grade/23s Jets. The games I saw him play last year in 19s were nothing special. He was merely above par in an average team. I didn't see him do anything that would warrant him being selected anything higher than bench in 23s (barring injuries). Looked out of his depth in first grade, good technical skills, but his overall game wasn't up to scratch i feel. Essentially, I believe there were more deserving/capable players at Southy earn a call up to First Grade over him. Nathan Stevens, Sam Parker, Nick Friend, Nick Hills (overseas) + a few others in that team last year were more than capable to step up into First Grade.
Not disagreeing with the promotion of Juniors, southy is one of the best clubs for first grade opportunities. But some selections puzzle those not privvy to inside information.

p.s. any chance of getting J griffiths back in goals, i'm fearful lack of experience in that area could be costly.

Zico
21-06-2013, 01:56 PM
Tbh, i don't see what is so special about him. In my opinion, Southy has much better players more than capable of playing First Grade/23s Jets. The games I saw him play last year in 19s were nothing special. He was merely above par in an average team. I didn't see him do anything that would warrant him being selected anything higher than bench in 23s (barring injuries). Looked out of his depth in first grade, good technical skills, but his overall game wasn't up to scratch i feel. Essentially, I believe there were more deserving/capable players at Southy earn a call up to First Grade over him. Nathan Stevens, Sam Parker, Nick Friend, Nick Hills (overseas) + a few others in that team last year were more than capable to step up into First Grade.
Not disagreeing with the promotion of Juniors, southy is one of the best clubs for first grade opportunities. But some selections puzzle those not privvy to inside information.

p.s. any chance of getting J griffiths back in goals, i'm fearful lack of experience in that area could be costly.

I'm not much of a fan of Southy or Piggot (as a bloke) but you have to give credit when it's due and Piggot seems to do a fantastic job at almost every club he coaches at and Southy do appear to promote young blokes rather than buying a comp like Edgeworth try to do every season.

MFKS
21-06-2013, 01:57 PM
NBN State League (1st Grade)Rd 12

Newcastle Jets Youth
v
Lambton Jaffas FC
Sat 22 Jun 2:30 PM
Arthur Edden Oval

Valentine FC
v
Edgeworth FC
Sat 22 Jun 4:30 PM
Cahill Oval

Hamilton Olympic FC
v
South Cardiff FC
Sun 23 Jun 2:30 PM
Darling Street Oval

Charlestown City Blues FC
v
Weston Workers FC
Lisle Carr Oval

Lake Macquarie City FC
v
Broadmeadow Magic FC
Macquarie Field

Should be a good game Saturday with Jobe Wheelhouse up against the Jets.

Wonder if he scores whether he will charge to the Jets bench and give Deans the finger??

Zico
21-06-2013, 02:12 PM
NBN State League (1st Grade)Rd 12

Newcastle Jets Youth
v
Lambton Jaffas FC
Sat 22 Jun 2:30 PM
Arthur Edden Oval

Valentine FC
v
Edgeworth FC
Sat 22 Jun 4:30 PM
Cahill Oval

Hamilton Olympic FC
v
South Cardiff FC
Darling Street Oval

Charlestown City Blues FC
v
Weston Workers FC
Lisle Carr Oval

Lake Macquarie City FC
v
Broadmeadow Magic FC
Macquarie Field

Should be a good game Saturday with Jobe Wheelhouse up against the Jets.

Wonder if he scores whether he will charge to the Jets bench and give Deans the finger??

Thats only what bitter people like yourself do MFKS

ForeverRed
21-06-2013, 03:00 PM

Jets coaching staff obviously think differently to you

Youaskedforit
21-06-2013, 03:30 PM
Bit rich with all the coasties and kids that came from other clubs to fill your 15's SYL side

Ouch

In saying that mate, not many clubs in that comp would have a full or healthy compliment of juniors ie U9-U13. Maybe Weston would go close, but i know azzuri are 5 x toronto, 1 x coastie, 1 x hamilton, 1 x nelson bay, 5 x charlestown 1 x edgeworth etc etc. Talking about pre macquarie rep days, but may be best for another thread...

Flint_tropics
21-06-2013, 04:43 PM

which boys did use sign from phoenix FR ??

ForeverRed
21-06-2013, 05:06 PM
which boys did use sign from phoenix FR ??
U19 players, Jarryd Oliveri was one

ForeverRed
21-06-2013, 05:51 PM
Ouch

In saying that mate, not many clubs in that comp would have a full or healthy compliment of juniors ie U9-U13. Maybe Weston would go close, but i know azzuri are 5 x toronto, 1 x coastie, 1 x hamilton, 1 x nelson bay, 5 x charlestown 1 x edgeworth etc etc. Talking about pre macquarie rep days, but may be best for another thread...
gee, I really hope azzurri win a trophy, what a joke, wheres their local boys from Kahibah, Dudley, Charlestown, its all about mum and dad winning trophies, makes me sick

TheBean
21-06-2013, 05:52 PM
Predictions??

Jaffas
Edgy
Southy Olympic Draw
Charlestown Weston Draw
Lakes Magic going out on a limb and saying Lakes will grab a point

ForeverRed
21-06-2013, 06:12 PM
Predictions??

Jaffas
Edgy
Southy Olympic Draw
Charlestown Weston Draw
Lakes Magic going out on a limb and saying Lakes will grab a point
ill take a draw after the way they played last week but would prefer a gunners win

TheBean
21-06-2013, 06:59 PM
ill take a draw after the way they played last week but would prefer a gunners win

olympic looked sharp last weekend, although that might have had more to do with phoenix letting them play. Nick Hills up front looked quality for phoenix though!

late_to_the_game
21-06-2013, 07:01 PM
Probably should be in the 15's thread, but ForeverRed, what is the composition of your current 15's? There was no Southy U14A team last year....

Valentine is (approximately - will get back with correct numbers) 6 - Valo last year, 6 - coasties, 1 - Kahibah (via Hamilton) , 1 - Merewether (via Magic), not sure of the rest. As far as I know none played rep (in Newcastle)

ForeverRed
21-06-2013, 07:24 PM
Probably should be in the 15's thread, but ForeverRed, what is the composition of your current 15's? There was no Southy U14A team last year....

Valentine is (approximately - will get back with correct numbers) 6 - Valo last year, 6 - coasties, 1 - Kahibah (via Hamilton) , 1 - Merewether (via Magic), not sure of the rest. As far as I know none played rep (in Newcastle)
80% local , not having the best year but developing well with plenty of smiles

seldom
21-06-2013, 09:53 PM
80% local , not having the best year but developing well with plenty of smiles

Always liked how southy tried to develop locals and give discards from other clubs a chance.So who went out and tried to sign a comp winning 19s this year ignoring locals? Just seems strange

ForeverRed
21-06-2013, 10:00 PM
Always liked how southy tried to develop locals and give discards from other clubs a chance.So who went out and tried to sign a comp winning 19s this year ignoring locals? Just seems strange

not sure. who

Imyourhero
21-06-2013, 10:26 PM
If i were struggling nbn 19s team coaches id be scouting some players for next year from maitland 19s who are dominating. Might sound random but lots of people could back me up when i say that there is some quality young blokes playing there.

seldom
21-06-2013, 10:44 PM
If i were struggling nbn 19s team coaches id be scouting some players for next year from maitland 19s who are dominating. Might sound random but lots of people could back me up when i say that there is some quality young blokes playing there.

Isn't there a good chance maitland will be in NBN anyway

Imyourhero
21-06-2013, 10:49 PM
Yeah good point, although if i was a rival coach id be hoping not so i could poach a few haha

EH9
21-06-2013, 11:08 PM

4or 5 of those kids are locals, 4 I know live in walking distance to the field. Credit to the club for bringing them in from other clubs.

newi24-2-08
21-06-2013, 11:14 PM

Maitland has the potential to be a massive club in the nbn competition.
Massive junior base and there seems to be success across all three grades this year

seldom
22-06-2013, 12:00 AM
not sure. who
EH9 it seems...lol

4or 5 of those kids are locals, 4 I know live in walking distance to the field. Credit to the club for bringing them in from other clubs.

ForeverRed
22-06-2013, 08:09 AM
Will jaffas be on today

Flint_tropics
22-06-2013, 12:06 PM

Majority players they signed played there jnrs at southy. So it was more bringing them back and credit to them.

ForeverRed
22-06-2013, 12:42 PM
Majority players they signed played there jnrs at southy. So it was more bringing them back and credit to them.

Thanks

ForeverRed
22-06-2013, 04:23 PM
Anyone at jaffas

Onehunglow
22-06-2013, 04:53 PM
Anyone at jaffas

Jaffas up 2-0 maj 1 not sure of other scorer

Onehunglow
22-06-2013, 05:04 PM
Anyone at jaffas

3-0

ForeverRed
22-06-2013, 05:28 PM
No kale fest today for the member

Onehunglow
22-06-2013, 05:30 PM
No kale fest today for the member

Lets just say it wasn't Kale's day today

ForeverRed
22-06-2013, 05:48 PM
Lets just say it wasn't Kale's day today
Can't wait for the 3 page report

MFKS
22-06-2013, 05:53 PM
1st Jaffas 3-1
23's Jets 4-0
19's Jaffas 2-1
17's Jets 2-1

Jaffas worthy winners in first grade.

3 Page report Coming up just for Militia and Seldom as soon as I thaw out. :sup:

TheBean
22-06-2013, 05:59 PM
Not sure if kale was playing today, although I might not have been able to see him in Matt Wilks pocket

Onehunglow
22-06-2013, 06:06 PM
Not sure if kale was playing today, although I might not have been able to see him in Matt Wilks pocket

Absolutely !! To be fair to Bradbury the jets were poor and he didn't get many
Opportunities but Matt Willks is a class defender.

22-06-2013, 06:11 PM
Kale who ?.:lol:

seldom
22-06-2013, 06:50 PM
[QUOTE=MFKS;41396]1st Jaffas 3-1
23's Jets 4-0
19's Jaffas 2-1
17's Jets 2-1

Jaffas worthy winners in first grade.

This is by far your best post ever.Please spare us the dribbleathon

p.s.whats happened to my quote button?

ForeverRed
22-06-2013, 07:37 PM
Edgy 2.1 over phoenix

MFKS
22-06-2013, 08:55 PM
For Militia and Seldom:sup:

Left the palatial Kotara South abode early this morning at 9:30 am not really fussed about an impending Kale Fapfest and not bound for Arther Edden Oval but with more pressing matters to deal with. Member was on his way to the travel agents to talk to them about being in Sth America this time next year. After an half an hour of chewing the fat with the Travel Agent ( No gratuitous plugs will be given until I get some type of discount) a lot of my queries were answered.

I did have a few queries about what types of food in Brazil I will be dealing with as I would imagine it would be slightly different to standard Aussie Tucker. The travel agent went on about rice and potatoes beef chicken pork vegetables etc. They then went on to tell me that one of the common ingredients is "Kale". What a hands up in the air sign from the gods moment that was.

Anyway left the travel agents with a bit to ponder and a host of my queries answered and some concerns resolved. Staggered into a very cold Arthur Edden with about 10 mins to go of the 19's with the score at 1-1. With about 2 mins left Jaffas won the game with a bomb of a shot from 25-30 yards that was fit to win any game and gave the keeper no chance.

U 23's Jets were 1-0 up at HT and after getting a second from an own goal ran away with it in the back end of the second half. Did see one of the most ridiculous things ever just after HT.

One of the Jaffas players had his Skins undershorts showing after his attire got slipped and moved with play. The female ref booked him and ordered him off the park to resolve. Result was an impromptu striptease on the side lines as player took them off and put his shorts back on.

Most insane part about it is he would have been wearing them first half so why the issue now??

Onto First Grade and the Jaffas started brightly pushing forward in the wide areas to give the Jets a few issues with their 3 man defence. They were also all over the Jets pressing high and with a lot of intensity which was worsened by the Jets Yoofs inexplicable slow ball movement and when I say slow I mean even in comparison to their standards. Despite the Jaffas dominance with both the Wheelhouse boys bossing midfield chances were few and far between for both teams in the first 15 mins.

Jets started to come into and after a ball in from the left that was well brought down by Kale to setup a shooting chance only to be sliced high and wide. Not long after and Kale was put through and in a race for the ball with the keeper Kale just won the race but the keeper did enough to make it a heavy touch as the ball ran frustratingly away from Kale.

About 25-30 mins in and the Jets were hit by two injuries in quick succession. Remington come off after what looked like a cork and the bloke who swapped places with him was also taken off after about 2 mins after getting smashed in a body collision and coming off second best. Not exactly desirable for the Jets Yoof when Gypo Stu was making his first start in god knows how long and would be unlikely to last more than an hour. Anyway the tactical reshuffle was done for the second time and at this time Jaffas really started to convert their dominance into an even greater superiority.

38mins in and Johhny Maj opened the scoring. A throw in come in from the Jaffas left. Maj was able to chest it down in the 6 yard box that's how unmarked he was as his marker had ignored him and went for the throw and missed it. Maj managed to turn and the ball went across the 6 yard box to the back post. A bit of body contact and appeals for penalty were ignored. Jaffas player got up and played on and poked it back into the 6 yard box. Johnny Maj under close attention from a marker managed to back heel flick it with his right foot towards goal and it trickled over the line . AMATEUR HOUR AT ITS BEST FROM CRAIG DEANS CHARGES- SOFT GOAL

2 Minutes later and it got worse for the Jets Yoof. Now if the first goal was Amateur Hour then the next was 100 times more Amateur. Jets keeper Solari had the ball in his possession and rolled it out to Gypo Stu who was facing his own goal offering the short option. Only problem was that Abe Wheelhouse was all over Stu as soon as he received the ball on the 18 yard box giving him no chance and picked his pocket. Solari was obviously at 6s and 7s and Abe slipped it past him into the largely unguarded goal.

As much as I would like to blame Gypo Stu I can't. Keepers fault 100% ball to Gypo Stu was never on in a million years.
Another loss for GVE and suicide playing out from the back from Newcastle jets teams.

Last week i expressed some doubts on this Solari keeper we have picked up. Today just reaffirmed a lot of them from me. The poor bloke is very uncertain with the ball at his feet on both feet, his kicking power doesn't seem to be there at all and his decision making when playing out is not his strong point. Considering how Jets play why would you sign him?? Particularly when he doesn't look that great with crosses either.

2 mins after this and the Jets nearly played themselves into trouble again at the back. Thankfully this time Solari managed to find the sideline rather than a Jaffas player.

Half time would have been a blessing for the Jets Yoof. They had only had sporadic attacking chances. Were ridiculously slow moving the ball and got caught in possession far too often in their half by a Jaffas team that were all over them and running away from them

Second half proceeded to see the Jets start to move the ball about quicker and they started to work some openings. Kale had a shot well saved by Ireland after a neat control turn and dribble from Kale opened up the shot. Lundy hit the cross bar from a cross and Bobby Russell hit the outside of the post with Ireland well beaten from a drive from outside the box. Gypo Stu lasted about 60 mins before being replaced. Jaffas sat back in the second and hit on the counter and had a few food openings which came to nothing.

With about 20 mins remaining and it was 3-0 to Jaffas after Kenny got the decisive touch in another goal mouth scramble of questionable defending. Jets Yoof kept coming but poor execution at times frittered away attacks.

With the literal last kick of the game it was 3-1 with Oxborrow scoring for the Jets yoof. A delightful curler from outside the box with the left instep into the top corner left Ireland floundering at thin air with no chance. Cracker of a a goal

Defensively the Jets yoof were very ****ing poor on the occasions they conceded. They weren't raped the rest of the time as such but their efforts when they conceded leave a lot to be desired.Jets ball movement speed and their continual insistence of playing too much lateral ball shit left a hell of a lot to be desired.

Jaffas done more than enough to warrant the 3-1 win and were deserved winners. You can see watching Jobe play at this level that he has played at higher standard and probably should still be. Danny Ireland would have to be the best keeper in this league by a mile. THE JAffas are also probably semi final bound from what i have seen of them this year. They play some neat stuff at times and play to their strengths

As for Kale and the Fapfest. As others have said wasn't his day. Didn't receive much quality ball but did show some nice touches when he did get it. Wasn't bad though so that's a positive.

As for the sarcasm from the posters about the no Kale fapfest today. Well:blush:

All I can say is that we all should be hoping Kale is a success.Not to please me but to please us all

If the kid can turn his goal scoring form in the NBN and NYL into HAL then the Jets will have a bloke who will be classed as a prolific goal scorer the exact same thing all clubs pay huge dollars chasing ie Smeltz/Archie etc. Whats even better about it as the bloke is a local.

Imagine having a bloke banging 15-20 goals in for the Jets HAL side a season like Griffo did again??
Imagine if this bloke was actually Newy born and bred??:fap:

seldom
22-06-2013, 09:33 PM
Now the member can eat "Kale".....lol

john
23-06-2013, 05:19 AM
Southy may bring there juniors thru, but i know for future young kids looking at playing in the NBN league I cannot see south cardiff as a viable option....the quality of soccer in which they play on a ground that does not allow u to play football is not the greatest. They have a couple of quality players, but i think they could be alot better if they were to go to a better club, which played a different style of football. Just my opinion but I think if any player is aspiring to play at a higher level than the NBN I dont think southy is the answer.

sancho_theswan
23-06-2013, 08:32 AM
Southy may bring there juniors thru, but i know for future young kids looking at playing in the NBN league I cannot see south cardiff as a viable option....the quality of soccer in which they play on a ground that does not allow u to play football is not the greatest. They have a couple of quality players, but i think they could be alot better if they were to go to a better club, which played a different style of football. Just my opinion but I think if any player is aspiring to play at a higher level than the NBN I dont think southy is the answer.

Valid point John, but I think the original point was that coaching group at Southy probably develop and progress more "juniors" thru their program into first grade than other NBN clubs. As for not seeing it a viable option well there are a number of players every year who flounder around in 23's for a while, don't get a proper crack at 1st grade for what ever reason and then wander of to other clubs or to lower divisions, e.g. Matt Paul at Adamstown.

ForeverRed
23-06-2013, 08:43 AM
😄😃😀😊☺😛my tummy hurts, I laugh so hard

magician
23-06-2013, 09:06 AM
Any news on the games today

Beast
23-06-2013, 09:10 AM
Believe Southy "v" Olympic is off

TheBean
23-06-2013, 09:55 AM
MFKS that was all really accurate and unbiased, you an alright bloke, except for your sickening obsession with kale

ForeverRed
23-06-2013, 10:14 AM
All games are off

MFKS
23-06-2013, 04:22 PM
I went out and had a game of golf this morning at 8am tee off no rain and other than a bit of surface moisture on the grass got round comfortably. When I finished my socks hadn't even absorbed enough moisture I was able to slip on my joggers without changing socks to head into the 19th for a beer.

Yet no games were played in the NBN today???:redcard::bs:

ForeverRed
23-06-2013, 04:36 PM
There playing at charlestown, not sure why olympic want to have the best looking ground in September , why clubs don't spend money on drainage is beyond me

MFKS
23-06-2013, 05:09 PM
There playing at charlestown, not sure why olympic want to have the best looking ground in September , why clubs don't spend money on drainage is beyond me

Totally agree with you on that. Most sportsgrounds and parks are built on swamp flood plains or land undesirable for building. This being the case it should be imperative to have good drainage and getting the soils right to drain through. The amount of rain we have had this weekend doesn't warrant a call off

dingdong
23-06-2013, 05:28 PM

it sure does look good but

ForeverRed
23-06-2013, 05:31 PM
Heard 3.2 to Charlestown with 10 to go, cowburn sent for weston 10 min into secon half

ForeverRed
23-06-2013, 05:47 PM
Heard 3.2 to Charlestown with 10 to go, cowburn sent for weston 10 min into secon half
Finished 4.2

MFKS
23-06-2013, 05:48 PM

Out of curiosity what did he get sent for??

newi24-2-08
23-06-2013, 06:05 PM

Heard on twitter is was dissent

outsider
23-06-2013, 06:06 PM

Because he doesnt know when to keep his big mouth shut.Was lucky not to get sent for the same thing last week.

MFKS
23-06-2013, 06:19 PM
Because he doesnt know when to keep his big mouth shut.Was lucky not to get sent for the same thing last week.
I am aware of that.

I upset a few from up Kurri way last weekend by bringing the subject up

immersion
23-06-2013, 06:25 PM

cowburn would have to have the biggest mouth in the competition. Other picks would be turnbell (weston), robbie true (azzurri), another would be jarryd johnson (sorry forever red) although he is not aloud as the others geewhiz he whinges about everything he gets touched. disclaimer: these are my opinion based purely on spectating over the last couple of years.

I tell you what these guys do get some over the referees at times. It does benefit them at times.

ForeverRed
23-06-2013, 06:29 PM
cowburn would have to have the biggest mouth in the competition. Other picks would be turnbell (weston), robbie true (azzurri), another would be jarryd johnson (sorry forever red) although he is not aloud as the others geewhiz he whinges about everything he gets touched. disclaimer: these are my opinion based purely on spectating over the last couple of years.

I tell you what these guys do get some over the referees at times. It does benefit them at times.
You forgot the best of all, Hodgo from olympic, the king of the pack

magician
23-06-2013, 06:45 PM

Closely followed by you

ForeverRed
23-06-2013, 06:51 PM
Closely followed by you
Oh, and I forgot to add all Magic supporters, whining little suckers they are

militiamon
23-06-2013, 07:29 PM
Ayo waddup dawgs, just doing the weekly skim through the thread. Searching through the last few pages with ctrl + f & the terms 'Kotara South' and 'palatial', found MFKS' match report in no time :cool:

Very disappointing to hear about this Solari bloke. We all expected it but hoped we would be proven wrong. Like many said when we signed him, how is there not a young goalkeeper in the area good enough to be given a shot? Why do we have to sign these nobodies to fill positions?

Oh and ffs, Kale :rof:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/20/Boerenkool.jpg/628px-Boerenkool.jpg

Hahaha, brilliant MFKS, brilliant.

See you fellas next week, keep it real.

- militiamon out

immersion
23-06-2013, 08:41 PM

More than a fair inclusion.

As for the magic supporters they say love is blind, and lets just leave it at that.

JCBT
23-06-2013, 08:51 PM
I am aware of that.

I upset a few from up Kurri way last weekend by bringing the subject up
I agree with what was said about Cowburn and his constant whinging, it was the other bullshit that you ranted about that was criticized.

ForeverRed
23-06-2013, 09:02 PM
Move on everyone, back to the footy, a needed win for Azzurri today, a loss would have probably ended their season

immersion
24-06-2013, 11:40 AM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1591***/sidelines-broadmeadow-have-bright-future/?cs=2439

well we know where the funds for the last grand final have gone.... What other club would be able to fund this? Only another club that held the grand final for the last couple of years would be able to do this, when you consider their playing roster.

Looks like having the grand final is a major benefit.

Good on magic for doing something like this.

And please before we get into a debate about the grand final all over again, please consider how naive it is to say that magic do not make any money on grand final day.

Premy
24-06-2013, 01:32 PM
5 year plan on Northern and Southern hills? could wanderers Oval one day become fully enclosed and Newcastle have a football specific Stadium? How good would it be if they could get the place to have say 10k capacity fully enclosed

The Magician
24-06-2013, 04:04 PM
No Grand final money was used for the Solar project... a Western Sydney Wanderer supporter was awed by the Magic story after discussions with Magic committee when Magic hosted the Western Sydney Wanderers pre A-league match family day. Discussions continued and a sponsorship deal was brokered and then... MAGIC IS POWERED BY THE SUN!!!

A fantastic company helping out the football community.

ForeverRed
24-06-2013, 04:28 PM
No Grand final money was used for the Solar project... a Western Sydney Wanderer supporter was awed by the Magic story after discussions with Magic committee when Magic hosted the Western Sydney Wanderers pre A-league match family day. Discussions continued and a sponsorship deal was brokered and then... MAGIC IS POWERED BY THE SUN!!!

A fantastic company helping out the football community.
My tummy hurts from laughter😛😛😛

MFKS
24-06-2013, 07:10 PM
Glad to see a local NBN club with a bit of vision planning for the future and developing their club.

Shame some of the others are stuck in a time warp and will moan about this.

Well done Magic

ForeverRed
24-06-2013, 07:25 PM
Glad to see a local NBN club with a bit of vision planning for the future and developing their club.

Well done Magic

Yes, good job NNSWF magic,

Zico
24-06-2013, 08:21 PM

Well done Magic

I follow Magic and am lucky enough to enjoy their great facilities as my home ground but why are you so down on every other club in the comp?
Magic are lucky to have such a great hard working community who get behind the club. Not all clubs have this and therefore are not able to enjoy the same level of support that turns into workers which is what this club has been built on.

plague
24-06-2013, 08:33 PM
Move on everyone, back to the footy, a needed win for Azzurri today, a loss would have probably ended their season

You are the best. dead set.
Was getting worried some blokes on here were beginning to out-troll you, but you proved me wrong once again.
kutgw

Onehunglow
24-06-2013, 08:39 PM

That comment is worthy of yellow card

MFKS
24-06-2013, 08:41 PM
I follow Magic and am lucky enough to enjoy their great facilities as my home ground but why are you so down on every other club in the comp?
Magic are lucky to have such a great hard working community who get behind the club. Not all clubs have this and therefore are not able to enjoy the same level of support that turns into workers which is what this club has been built on.

See Zico I am convinced that you are a glass half full guy aren't you??

Read my post again. I give credit to the Magic for being positive and forward thinking. **** MFKS praises NBN League

All you see is MFKS being negative to the rest of the clubs in the comp from my post.

Yes some of the NBN Clubs are stuck in a different time frame devoid of modern day thinking. Whys that hard for you to deal with??

Full credit for Magic getting their team of volunteers together. Also there is nothing stopping any other club turning people into volunteers working for the clubs. Maybe the issue here does lie with the clubs not embracing their fans/sponsors/paarents etc enough to make them want to help???

Every club in the NBN could have what Magic have if they got their acts together.

The Magician
24-06-2013, 10:38 PM
MFKS... a little trivia i think you might appreciate... Kale and Andrew Hoole Scored 63 goals between them in the regular season when they were playing with Magic U19's back in 2010, but Kale edged out Andrew 33 goals to 30. Magic won Minor Major in U19's that Year.

The team won the comp by 12 points, scored 96 goals in 24 matches with the goal difference of 69!! Great to see these boys achieving at the highest levels.

sutho
24-06-2013, 10:42 PM
Just pointed out some home truths to the ref:(

seldom
24-06-2013, 10:43 PM
That comment is worthy of yellow card

Mmmmm....yellow cards,red cards aren't these Magics colours...I smell another conspiracy !

CStein
25-06-2013, 01:00 AM

Cant help but think what an improvement it would make to South Cardiff if they put solar panels up on their maintenance shed. Oh sorry i mean Grandstand. Really. Is that what they call it, a grandstand... No serious its a recycled corrugated steel shed right where they keep the fertiliser for the ground. Not bad for a five year plan to build a cow shed on the southern hill. South Cardiffs next plan is to build a cow shed on the the northern hill. Major ten year plan... LOL.. LMAO...

ForeverRed
25-06-2013, 07:07 AM
Cant help but think what an improvement it would make to South Cardiff if they put solar panels up on their maintenance shed. Oh sorry i mean Grandstand. Really. Is that what they call it, a grandstand... No serious its a recycled corrugated steel shed right where they keep the fertiliser for the ground. Not bad for a five year plan to build a cow shed on the southern hill. South Cardiffs next plan is to build a cow shed on the the northern hill. Major ten year plan... LOL.. LMAO...
What would 5 grand finals times $30 thousand buy me, a few premierships maybe, the big difference with south cardiffs grandstands is that people from south Cardiff sit in them, not to many people I know live in broadmeadow, recycled corrugated steel, doing our thing for the environment , quick, someone ring the herald

magician
25-06-2013, 10:17 AM
What would 5 grand finals times $30 thousand buy me, a few premierships maybe, the big difference with south cardiffs grandstands is that people from south Cardiff sit in them, not to many people I know live in broadmeadow, recycled corrugated steel, doing our thing for the environment , quick, someone ring the herald

Probably 0 premierships. Who would want to play there

The Magician
25-06-2013, 10:19 AM

My tummy hurts from laughter :tongue::tongue::tongue:

ForeverRed
25-06-2013, 10:43 AM
Not very original, if you can't come up with your own material you best **** off

GazFish35
25-06-2013, 10:44 AM
now now

cobra23
25-06-2013, 10:51 AM

Forever
Mate your kidding yourself,
your one eyed shit is starting to get embarrasing, not only for yourself but for southy aswell,
not one idiot can say anything against magic for taking there home ground to another level.
what happend to edgy? they had the grandfinal for a few years before magic did. what did they do with
there day earnings..? its not until the last couple of years that they have done something to there ground.
You also gotta to remember,
The Macedonian community love there football, so the work would have been done regardless of
any grandfinal or not. but probably not as quick..
i agree with MFKS 100% on this topic.

freddie
25-06-2013, 12:04 PM
people who think that magic make no money from hosting the grand final and that money doesnt help build their club and playing roster are either stupid or naive. Why would magic hold the grand final if it wasnt a benefit to them. The the volunteers do no earn a wage. So they must be doing it for the money they dont earn from the day LOL. It is laughable to think that Magic and its supports are propagating this through their communication through supporters, news paper etc.

On a side note why can magic be linked with a cultural background. I am sure football Australian when it was called soccer Australia (not sure what it used to be called sorry) made a policy that clubs can not promote cultural backgrounds. Magic do this very strongly which i find ironic since Australia doesnt actually recognise the republic of Macedonia. Australia actually recognises it as "the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia".... Now this is written in the context of football not political.

outsider
25-06-2013, 12:07 PM

Guess that says that people from outside Broadmeadow watch Magic and they can attract supporters from outside their area.Southy should maybe put in for a Grand Final some year maybe-perhaps after 2050 when they have made some ground improvements.

Zico
25-06-2013, 12:47 PM
people who think that magic make no money from hosting the grand final and that money doesnt help build their club and playing roster are either stupid or naive. Why would magic hold the grand final if it wasnt a benefit to them. The the volunteers do no earn a wage. So they must be doing it for the money they dont earn from the day LOL. It is laughable to think that Magic and its supports are propagating this through their communication through supporters, news paper etc.

On a side note why can magic be linked with a cultural background. I am sure football Australian when it was called soccer Australia (not sure what it used to be called sorry) made a policy that clubs can not promote cultural backgrounds. Magic do this very strongly which i find ironic since Australia doesnt actually recognise the republic of Macedonia. Australia actually recognises it as "the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia".... Now this is written in the context of football not political.

What about Hamilton Olympic? Your just a racist twat. In all honest what other club could host the day that Magic put on? I know most clubs would struggle to find enough volunteers to carry out the work required and it would be even harder if their club was playlng in the GF like Magic have over the past few years. Get off Magic's back for being a true CLUB. Everything done is through the hard work and dedication of many people who are football people!

ForeverRed
25-06-2013, 01:07 PM
Guess that says that people from outside Broadmeadow watch Magic and they can attract supporters from outside their area.Southy should maybe put in for a Grand Final some year maybe-perhaps after 2050 when they have made some ground improvements.
Or marry someone's sister

Nou Camp
25-06-2013, 01:17 PM
before yous continue to talk rubbish why dont yous all attend magics agm every year which anyone is more than welcome to do and see exactly where every cent comes from and goes??? i think yous would be very surprised what exactly goes into players wages compared to other clubs

PS the ground didnt just fall out of sky, over a million wouldve been spent without any government help on the ground before even a hint of a grand final
also dont forget the ground is only about 14 years old, other clubs have had their grounds for 20, 30, 40 years??? and done nothing with it
even at this semi professional level the game is still a business and needs to be managed accordingly. If you run a business and the guy up the street is doing better do you sit and sulk? no you pull your finger out and do something about it instead of having a cry

jealousy is a cancer of the mind

freddie
25-06-2013, 01:24 PM
ZICO your post is laughable and i am sorry if the facts have offended you. I am just stating facts put into place by our government and national footballing body. If the facts i have stated are wrong i apologise, but i do not believe i am wrong. If you are offended by these facts please do not verbally call me a racist when i am relaying the stance the australian government has. Maybe you would better of talking to Tony Abbott because talking with Julia Gillard would be useless. Also i would appreciate if you retracted the racial comment as it has no basis and makes you look petty.

And your reference to hamilton olympic yes we all know they are greek based. But in my opinion they do not promote it any where near as much as magic with their cultural background. I didnt think club were allowed to promote any cultural remarks, emblems etc that could stir up controversy. It is well documented the slight differences greece and the "the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia" have.

immersion
25-06-2013, 01:39 PM
Nou Camp, I understand what your are saying and i totally agree. Sitting in on the AGM may well clear up all this. But if i remember correctly the club is/was ran by an accountant that has done a terrific job. Could there be some creative accounting though? LOL.

all being equal Magic have the best facility in the northern amateur region. But for them raise over 2million dollars over the space of 14 years is a massive effort. And i get the 2 million from obviously the 1 million for the upgrades to ground and they would need another 1 million over that period to cover costs of running the club. again you would have to say that is a huge effort.

ForeverRed
25-06-2013, 01:43 PM
before yous continue to talk rubbish why dont yous all attend magics agm every year which anyone is more than welcome to do and see exactly where every cent comes from and goes??? i think yous would be very surprised what exactly goes into players wages compared to other clubs

PS the ground didnt just fall out of sky, over a million wouldve been spent without any government help on the ground before even a hint of a grand final
also dont forget the ground is only about 14 years old, other clubs have had their grounds for 20, 30, 40 years??? and done nothing with it
even at this semi professional level the game is still a business and needs to be managed accordingly. If you run a business and the guy up the street is doing better do you sit and sulk? no you pull your finger out and do something about it instead of having a cry

jealousy is a cancer of the mind

Maybe you should spend some money on drainage, 2 sunny days and they call of the u19s & 17s set down for tonight, absolute joke, maybe you could turn your solar panels towards the ground as all that sun isn't getting to the groung FFS

cobra23
25-06-2013, 02:31 PM
Maybe you should spend some money on drainage, 2 sunny days and they call of the u19s & 17s set down for tonight, absolute joke, maybe you could turn your solar panels towards the ground as all that sun isn't getting to the groung FFS

Why dont your club invest in a roller,
Because everyone is sick and tired of playing on a bumpy,dirtpatched,micro sized field with a carpark that only fits 10 cars...
plus southy are 1 of 4 teams that everbody talk about that would love to see relegated
southy = pub club

Zico
25-06-2013, 02:33 PM
ZICO your post is laughable and i am sorry if the facts have offended you. I am just stating facts put into place by our government and national footballing body. If the facts i have stated are wrong i apologise, but i do not believe i am wrong. If you are offended by these facts please do not verbally call me a racist when i am relaying the stance the australian government has. Maybe you would better of talking to Tony Abbott because talking with Julia Gillard would be useless. Also i would appreciate if you retracted the racial comment as it has no basis and makes you look petty.

And your reference to hamilton olympic yes we all know they are greek based. But in my opinion they do not promote it any where near as much as magic with their cultural background. I didnt think club were allowed to promote any cultural remarks, emblems etc that could stir up controversy. It is well documented the slight differences greece and the "the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia" have.
Don't promote their culture???? WTF????? Look at their club name???? I stand by my earlier statement about you. I couldn't give a shit if a side is called after their supporters heritage.
The period you are talking about is the time when David Hill was the head bloke and it was his idea to eliminate the voilence at games and stereo type of football that was also called wogball. Hamilton changed their name to Hamilton Wolves but after Hills illfated time in charge ended so did his blockage of ethnic names.

cobra23
25-06-2013, 02:40 PM

And by the way FREDDIE GOT FINGURED,
what about azzurri they even promote the italian flag on there emblem.

freddie
25-06-2013, 02:45 PM
Don't promote their culture???? WTF????? Look at their club name???? I stand by my earlier statement about you. I couldn't give a shit if a side is called after their supporters heritage.
The period you are talking about is the time when David Hill was the head bloke and it was his idea to eliminate the voilence at games and stereo type of football that was also called wogball. Hamilton changed their name to Hamilton Wolves but after Hills illfated time in charge ended so did his blockage of ethnic names.

What about it "Olympic"? lucky enough about 35,000 + words of the English dictionary is Greek so that wouldnt be very hard, it would be easy to use a Greek based word. But using symbols which has caused tension in the past and present is ok for magic to use right? I wasn't talking about the club names. Everywhere you look at magic they have to let you know their "Macedonian" yet no such ethnicity is recognised by Australia and It's still stated by the FFA that no Ethnic or Political Symbols are to be promoted by clubs.

Greek Culture speaks for it self, it's promoted through nearly everything without a Greek having to mention anything. Cant say much about magic but.

Zico
25-06-2013, 02:49 PM
What about it "Olympic"? lucky enough about 35,000 + words of the English dictionary is Greek so that wouldnt be very hard, it would be easy to use a Greek based word. But using symbols which has caused tension in the past and present is ok for magic to use right? I wasn't talking about the club names. Everywhere you look at magic they have to let you know their "Macedonian" yet no such ethnicity is recognised by Australia and It's still stated by the FFA that no Ethnic or Political Symbols are to be promoted by clubs.

Greek Culture speaks for it self, it's promoted through nearly everything without a Greek having to mention anything. Cant say much about magic but.

Truth be known then your real issue is with the Macedonian people?

ForeverRed
25-06-2013, 02:57 PM
Because everyone is sick and tired of playing on a bumpy,dirtpatched,micro sized field with a carpark that only fits 10 cars...
plus southy are 1 of 4 teams that everbody talk about that would love to see relegated
southy = pub club
Sounds like the truth hurt you then, pretty sure magic drank at the duke after games, sounds like a pub club to me, dick head

freddie
No issues at all my friend. you could be Maco, Greek, Italian, Serb, Croat or whatever and i'd have no problem. The problem is why are clubs like magic and to a lesser extent azzurri and olympic forcing their identity on players, fans and the club?

and unlike like you i am not slandering people by labeling them racist, when i have only been writing facts.

ForeverRed
Truth be known then your real issue is with the Macedonian people?
Your the one who brought the culture in to it stupid

prawnhead
25-06-2013, 02:58 PM
southy = pub club

Which would be the other 3 clubs that everyone would love to see relegated??

Zico
25-06-2013, 03:14 PM
Your the one who brought the culture in to it stupid
Go and fight your own battles ForeverRed, I was asking a question to another person (Freddie) on this forum who is accussing Macedonians of force feeding people their culture.
I can't see what your issue is Freddie? Isn't it good for the game to have a strong club such as Magic in the comp? If it wasn't for our supporters then we wouldn't be here. Nobody is trying to force their culture on anybody else, yes we do have a song as players run out at times but so do Weston and to a bigger picture Liverpool with Walk on but thats fine in your eyes as long as it's nothing to do with Macedonia?
Please take the blinkers off and enjoy the game for what it is and realise that every supporter, official and player are involved in the game for the same reason and thats to do the best for their club. I have many friends from different clubs and appreciate what everybody is trying to do with the League. Just because we have a few sun emblems up here and there isn't any different to Edgeworth haveing eagle emblems.
Who do you follow?

dingdong
25-06-2013, 03:18 PM
No issues at all my friend. you could be Maco, Greek, Italian, Serb, Croat or whatever and i'd have no problem. The problem is why are clubs like magic and to a lesser extent azzurri and olympic forcing their identity on players, fans and the club?

and unlike like you i am not slandering people by labeling them racist, when i have only been writing facts.

how is Olympic forcing their identity on people ? we're Australian we don't have insignia and flags around our field, we leave that to magic. we don't need to chant and carry on like they do.we don't chant Greece Greece Greece were Olympic. ma ke do nia how many time we heard that ?

Beppe
25-06-2013, 03:39 PM
how is Olympic forcing their identity on people ? we're Australian we don't have insignia and flags around our field, we leave that to magic. we don't need to chant and carry on like they do.we don't chant Greece Greece Greece were Olympic. ma ke do nia how many time we heard that ?

I always found it weird why Australian boys would chant Macedonia at the end of their team song

dingdong
25-06-2013, 03:40 PM
haha me too ud think magic magic at the end of the song would suffice but it's ma ke do nia ????

freddie
25-06-2013, 03:42 PM
Hi Zico, i do not mean to be slamming the people from "the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia". I do not mean to come across to be attacking anyone culture. I tried to rectify that in my last post. I know Olympic and Azzuri do the same as magic to a much lesser extent IMO.But we have been discussing magic as you are some what a stakeholder or more at the club.

yes we do have a song as players run out at times but so do Weston and to a bigger picture Liverpool with Walk on but thats fine in your eyes as long as it's nothing to do with Macedonia? Yes and no. The song should be about the football club and not about anything else.
Please take the blinkers off and enjoy the game for what it is please re-read that ZICO.

also i remember a couple of years ago reading the magic match day book and it had macedonian speaking lessons. That could be thought as forcing a cultural aspect one could say. And to reiterate what dingdong has said; singing "ma ke do nia" at the end of the victory song what would you consider that being? Promoting football? The broadmeadow magic football club? or something else?

I see your point to an extent but obviously you may not know the history behind the "sun" emblem.

De-Champ
25-06-2013, 04:06 PM
I'm pretty sure it was Highfields Wolves, Hamilton warriors.

Zico
25-06-2013, 04:07 PM
Don't Olympic finish their team song with "Olympic, Olympic, Olympic"?

seldom
25-06-2013, 04:07 PM
Played with and against "Macedonia" many years ago.Found the club great to play for and many of the players and committee back then are still helping out there now.A lovely bunch of blokes whos commitment should be admired by other clubs. Some of my fondest memories are playing against Macedonia and Azzuri and their large supporter base.You made a mistake or an ordinary challenge in front of them and you heard about it for the rest of the game,but it was all good.LOL when the powers that be thought getting rid of ethic names was going to change supporters or the potential for violence, this is nonsense.
As for the GF...I think most players,coaches and supporters love going to Wanderers for a well run day and if they make some coin good on them.I used to love going to Lakes ground for the GF back in the day but it hasn't improved in 30+ years

Beppe
25-06-2013, 04:11 PM

yeah they do, but they are chanting the team name, not a country.

q-money
25-06-2013, 04:14 PM
well technically the greeks don't recognise macedonia as a country anyway

De-Champ
25-06-2013, 04:17 PM
At the end of the day it is about enjoying a game of football. So what they chant mack e donia, it is a Macedonian based club. Ditto with every other club that was started by migrants. What is next you going to have a go at them for not drinking beer and getting pissed. Or their food is not to your liking.
If you do not like it do not go, as simple as that.

Beppe
25-06-2013, 04:18 PM
At the end of the day it is about enjoying a game of football. So what they chant mack e donia, it is a Macedonian based club. Ditto with every other club that was started by migrants. What is next you going to have a go at them for not drinking beer and getting pissed. Or their food is not to your liking.

I just found it weird that a team made up of 90% Aussies would chant Macedonia at the end of the song, thats all.

freddie
25-06-2013, 04:19 PM
Ok. The word Olympic is greek. but as mentioned before so is alot of english language. I am not sure how singing the word olympic which is the emblem of the club is the same as singing the name of a country. Do we say that lakes they are promoting a culture based around roosters because they have a rooster noise when they score? C'mon

Nou Camp
25-06-2013, 04:20 PM
could really for kebap roll right about now....

dingdong
25-06-2013, 04:21 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA yes we do genius. Your point being..........??

De-Champ
25-06-2013, 04:22 PM
I just found it weird that a team made up of 90% Aussies would chant Macedonia at the end of the song, thats all.

Apparently they the 90% Aussies do not have an issue with it.

Zico
25-06-2013, 04:32 PM
+1

Premy
25-06-2013, 04:40 PM
I don't have a problem with magic signing Mak e do nia after they win but would there supporters be so welcoming to a team signing Aus tra lia after a win

dingdong
25-06-2013, 04:40 PM
i love this forum

Onehunglow
25-06-2013, 04:41 PM
Played with and against "Macedonia" many years ago.Found the club great to play for and many of the players and committee back then are still helping out there now.A lovely bunch of blokes whos commitment should be admired by other clubs. Some of my fondest memories are playing against Macedonia and Azzuri and their large supporter base.You made a mistake or an ordinary challenge in front of them and you heard about it for the rest of the game,but it was all good.LOL when the powers that be thought getting rid of ethic names was going to change supporters or the potential for violence, this is nonsense.
As for the GF...I think most players,coaches and supporters love going to Wanderers for a well run day and if they make some coin good on them.I used to love going to Lakes ground for the GF back in the day but it hasn't improved in 30+ years

Me too, I always found it was fantastic to get to know (closely) people from another background while I was a young man in my twenties. I have still have friends for life from those days and wouldn't have it any other way. I think we should stop some of the recent mudslinging in this thread and move back to supporting, playing coaching or developing the game to the best of our abilities no matter who we support hey?

ForeverRed
25-06-2013, 04:41 PM
Back to the footy, please enough already, who cares where you come from or what your clubs culture is, the only problem I see in this argument is there's no respect

freddie
25-06-2013, 04:42 PM

Fair comment. It is about watching football and seeing the game develop and magic are the front runners in that department. I just wish that all clubs would leave it about the game. race, culture etc doesn't even come into it. But unfortunately that will never happen.

dingdong
25-06-2013, 04:47 PM
Fair comment. It is about watching football and seeing the game develop and magic are the front runners in that department. I just wish that all clubs would leave it about the game. race, culture etc doesn't even come into it. But unfortunately that will never happen.

good one

freddie
25-06-2013, 04:48 PM
so back to the football Edgeworth must be due to play the jaffers sometime this week anyone have the details yet?

De-Champ
25-06-2013, 04:52 PM
On the way to work on the radio they said it was tonight. I thought it was a bit odd, why not tomorrow night, but then again origin is on tomorrow night.

Nou Camp
25-06-2013, 05:05 PM
I don't have a problem with magic signing Mak e do nia after they win but would there supporters be so welcoming to a team signing Aus tra lia after a win

honestly dont think anyone would have a problem with it, maybe just upset we lost the game haha
its more done out of a bit of fun after the game than anything political these days

we all understand we are Australian first but that we also have a background and some small traditions that some people like to keep alive

Premy
25-06-2013, 05:10 PM
honestly dont think anyone would have a problem with it, maybe just upset we lost the game haha
its more done out of a bit of fun after the game than anything political these days

we all understand we are Australian first but that we also have a background and some small traditions that some people like to keep alive
Good to hear there should be more of it I love playing the suns, you always get a top game against top blokes.

plague
25-06-2013, 05:12 PM
Back to the footy, please enough already, who cares where you come from or what your clubs culture is, the only problem I see in this argument is there's no respect

You Sir, are on fire today.
Well done.

cobra23
25-06-2013, 05:16 PM
Sounds like the truth hurt you then, pretty sure magic drank at the duke after games, sounds like a pub club to me, dick head

Im not involved with magic DICK HEAD,

my young brother playes for EDGY,
I rate the way magic play and what there doing to better this comp...

And edgy are far from what magic have done but progressing slowly..
Not like your pub club that know one likes..

cobra23
25-06-2013, 05:23 PM

Im pretty sure they say magic magic magic at the end of the song . they changed last year, i think

ForeverRed
25-06-2013, 06:00 PM
Im not involved with magic DICK HEAD,

my young brother playes for EDGY,
I rate the way magic play and what there doing to better this comp...

And edgy are far from what magic have done but progressing slowly..
Not like your pub club that know one likes..
What ever buddy, what ever

Bremsstrahlung
25-06-2013, 06:01 PM

CStein
25-06-2013, 07:09 PM

So what. They make money from the GF, at least they invest it back into a facility that gets used week in and out by the whole of the State League, Jets, Youth Teams, etc... And besides no one complained when Edgy were making the money from the GF when they had it and best not talk about Lakes as nothing ever come of the money they made. No one has ever claimed they do not make money, so whats your point? BE FACTUAL! When did magic propagate this theory of yours? Sounds like you are the one propagating.

Tell me this. Why should Magic not be linked to the Macedonian Community? I mean it is an integral part of the clubs history is it not. Do people suddenly rip the history out of the club because you have an issue with it? If that were the case why do so many local clubs carry the historical symbols of those other ethnic people such as the English rose of Adamstown, and the Scottish thistle of Jaffas, or carry the names of so many foreign towns like Cardiff, and Swansea, Newcastle, etc. As for recognising Macedonia, cant see what that has to do with us all? For your information Australia recognises Ethnic Macedonians, their Language, Culture, traditions etc. They even have a consulate office in Bitola. They must feel a little like the Tibetans. There are many examples of Australia recognising ethnic groups but not their respective countries. You should probably call foreigh affairs and get the real story on it before mouthing off in your uneducated ways.

Your issue may not be raciest but it is discriminatory on the basis that in Australia we believe in the self determination and individual rights, government or no government. Who cares about any of our governments and what does this have to do with local football? As for FFA were they not proudly displaying the Italian flag when one Del Piero's arrival was announced? I recall a sea of Italian flags at the SFS for his first games and always see the italian flag when he plays. Now surely if the FFa had a problem with this they would ban theses flag's right? Whats controversial about a sun? It just so happens to be all over this round world. It seems there are only a very limited number of people who have an issue with this flag, you included. I have never heard of any club or supporter base in our region having an issue with Magic logo with the exception of one club. And do these controversies not exist for the English Rose of Adamstown and Scottish Thistle of Jaffas?

Whats wroing with their club name? David Hill was a waste of time and money and really did nothing for our game. Hamilton legally challenged the name change that was being forced on them and the Northern board backed down. End of story on that one.

CStein
25-06-2013, 07:14 PM

I believe their lights cost them $200k. 5 x $30k = $150k. Didnt even pay for their lights. Now come to think of it most clubs including South Cardiff had their lights fully funded by Council, Gov, is that right? So whats this tell you? After so many GFs the money magic have raised from the GF isnt even enough to pay for their lights. WOOOW... FR you are a twat. Oh and for the record these figures are all here say are they not?

CStein
25-06-2013, 07:31 PM
Nou Camp, I understand what your are saying and i totally agree. Sitting in on the AGM may well clear up all this. But if i remember correctly the club is/was ran by an accountant that has done a terrific job. Could there be some creative accounting though? LOL.

all being equal Magic have the best facility in the northern amateur region. But for them raise over 2million dollars over the space of 14 years is a massive effort. And i get the 2 million from obviously the 1 million for the upgrades to ground and they would need another 1 million over that period to cover costs of running the club. again you would have to say that is a huge effort.

Creative accounting? Is this the Knights or Melbourne Storm? Serious why would the Magic need to cook their books? LOL. I can however see an entry in South Cardiffs. 1 x Fertliser Shed (aka Grandstand). 20 x recycled corrugated sheets - $0, Shed base - Dirt (existing soil base) $0, Nails / Screws $3.50 (Bunnings), Seats - taken from the old Cardiff City ground $0 FREE. Wow. What an investment.

MFKS
25-06-2013, 07:32 PM
Would really love poor Southy to pull their finger out of their arse and get their shit tip of a ground up to spec so they can host the GF so Forever Red can stop moaning about how much money Magic make out of it.

Reality is if Magic make money then they deserve it cause they have developed a great facility

Reality is Southy would never be considered for it because their facility isn't up to it because Forever Red and his Southy mates OBVIOUSLY don't work hard enough on their facility. I have been out to Ulinga since the 80's other than the shitty stands down the southern end of the ground and a fence **** all has changed

Thomas477
25-06-2013, 07:44 PM
Without taking sides, but from the outside it seems like the richer are getting richer, and the poor are getting poor. Magic have a great facility, I'm not going to doubt that, but surely NNSWF should be looking at trying to get ALL the grounds up the same level. Imagine the league if Edden Oval, Darling St, Ulinga, I can't remember the rest, were up to the same standard! Would be fantastic. It would be much better than Magic, eventually, having a 10,000 all seater stadium, while South Cardiff still has to share their ground with their junior interdistrict teams.

What I would like to see is Magic being paid enough to cover running costs for the day, but any profits being equally split amongst the other NBN clubs (like how the FFA runs the HAL finals), or even just split between the two grand finalists. This way, Magic gets their fair share for hosting the day, and the other clubs get rewarded for making it that far. Ideally, with the profits being shared amongst the clubs, we see South Cardiff able to make upgrades to their ground, Lambton fixing their draining problem that CStein loves to bring up so much, Edgy may be able to host the final again etc.

That seems fairest to me, and would go a long way to improving the state of grounds across the board, rather than just a select few.

CStein
25-06-2013, 07:57 PM
What about it "Olympic"? lucky enough about 35,000 + words of the English dictionary is Greek so that wouldnt be very hard, it would be easy to use a Greek based word. But using symbols which has caused tension in the past and present is ok for magic to use right? I wasn't talking about the club names. Everywhere you look at magic they have to let you know their "Macedonian" yet no such ethnicity is recognised by Australia and It's still stated by the FFA that no Ethnic or Political Symbols are to be promoted by clubs.Greek Culture speaks for it self, it's promoted through nearly everything without a Greek having to mention anything. Cant say much about magic but.

freddie - you are a loser. No one i know has complained about the Magic logo. Actually i think it is modern and hip, and very close to perth glory. I didnt realise they are Macedonian to right! 35'000+ words. So WHAT? What about the other 500000 we get from latin? Whats your point? Everywhere you look no one is offended but YOU... LOL ... Who cares what we recognise? Yeah yeah FFA symbols, etc, one name two words, DEL PEIERO. Greek culture you say? If you know something about history the greek culture you speak of is a mix of persian and ancient greek culture and to be honest has nothing to do with the modern era. The history is that the Turks and the Greeks are actually very closely related and at the turn of the last century the hellenic republic was non existent, and that at this period what we now call greece was a ramble coalition of states, and by historical records had an Albanian population of about 2 to 5. but this is a football forum right and i cant really be bothered revisiting my history learning from about ten years ago.

ForeverRed
25-06-2013, 08:01 PM
Creative accounting? Is this the Knights or Melbourne Storm? Serious why would the Magic need to cook their books? LOL. I can however see an entry in South Cardiffs. 1 x Fertliser Shed (aka Grandstand). 20 x recycled corrugated sheets - $0, Shed base - Dirt (existing soil base) $0, Nails / Screws $3.50 (Bunnings), Seats - taken from the old Cardiff City ground $0 FREE. Wow. What an investment.
$12 grand for the stand, even sheeted it myself, dug the footings too, $7 grand for the drainage, layed the pipes for that too,hard work though but happy to help,proud to say I did, maybe something magic should do some drainage after calling of tonights games after 2 days of sunlight , and why don't go you ask the Greeks when was the last time they did something at their ground, or lakes, or Charlestown or phoenix, I think I know the answers, not much,

CStein
25-06-2013, 08:33 PM

Everybody watches the games freddie, your the only one with the problem... I really dont see where this is an issue...

They sung "click go the shears mate click click click" to get their citizenship so why would they have a problem with anything Australian. There seems to be people on here that believe because they are proud of where they come from they are somehow UN-Australian... This is a raciest point of view! They work hard and contribute to society just as our forefathers did so many years ago. They enrich our cultures and most importantly our CUISINE. I am proud to trace my roots to Manchester, England, and proud of my family history, but this does not make me un-Australian, so why apply the same principle to the Macedonians? Further Ive not yet seen another team in any game of football on the local scene sing Australia Australia, and if they did good on them. HAppy for them to do it but it obviously has no meaning with regards to local teams and their history! You see the fact they are Macedonian adds to the atmosphere every time someone plays them. Its like a World Cup qualifier every time they play and it provides for great entertainment and that little international feel to the game even though its 100% Aussie born and bred event.

CStein
25-06-2013, 08:40 PM
Without taking sides, but from the outside it seems like the richer are getting richer, and the poor are getting poor. Magic have a great facility, I'm not going to doubt that, but surely NNSWF should be looking at trying to get ALL the grounds up the same level. Imagine the league if Edden Oval, Darling St, Ulinga, I can't remember the rest, were up to the same standard! Would be fantastic. It would be much better than Magic, eventually, having a 10,000 all seater stadium, while South Cardiff still has to share their ground with their junior interdistrict teams.

What I would like to see is Magic being paid enough to cover running costs for the day, but any profits being equally split amongst the other NBN clubs (like how the FFA runs the HAL finals), or even just split between the two grand finalists. This way, Magic gets their fair share for hosting the day, and the other clubs get rewarded for making it that far. Ideally, with the profits being shared amongst the clubs, we see South Cardiff able to make upgrades to their ground, Lambton fixing their draining problem that CStein loves to bring up so much, Edgy may be able to host the final again etc.

That seems fairest to me, and would go a long way to improving the state of grounds across the board, rather than just a select few.

I do not subscribe to the view that any club who does nothing to help themselves should reap some reward for their nothing efforts. Seriously what a crock of shite! To get to that standard you have to work hard and put money in from your own pokets as Magic and Edgy have done. It seems everybody is waiting on a magic pill to bring them up to standard. Work hard and you will achieve, sit back and wait and you deserve nothing. Why should the clubs who have no crowds/supporters and do nothing to improve their lot benefit from others in a gf...

magician
25-06-2013, 09:28 PM
$12 grand for the stand, even sheeted it myself, dug the footings too, $7 grand for the drainage, layed the pipes for that too,hard work though but happy to help,proud to say I did, maybe something magic should do some drainage after calling of tonights games after 2 days of sunlight , and why don't go you ask the Greeks when was the last time they did something at their ground, or lakes, or Charlestown or phoenix, I think I know the answers, not much,
You really are a twat, why not do something to that poor excuse of a field. Also my bedroom is bigger than the away sheds. Most games that have been called off this yr the thugby league didn't even play u muppet, which shows how much rain we have had. U say that sth Cardiff have done stuff to the ground? What exactly, the whole complex is a debacle, just like yourself!

dingdong
25-06-2013, 09:29 PM
Greek culture you say? If you know something about history the greek culture you speak of is a mix of persian and ancient greek culture and to be honest has nothing to do with the modern era. The history is that the Turks and the Greeks are actually very closely related and at the turn of the last century the hellenic republic was non existent, and that at this period what we now call greece was a ramble coalition of states, and by historical records had an Albanian population of about 2 to 5. but this is a football forum right and i cant really be bothered revisiting my history learning from about ten years ago.

who the **** are you ? so us greeks are ****ed then are we ? i thought we stopped talking about this shit and here you are bagging our culture, no comment was made in a derogatory way towards macedonian culture and here you are, having a go, talking ****ing shit. low act over a ****ing computer ****

ForeverRed
25-06-2013, 09:35 PM
You really are a twat, why not do something to that poor excuse of a field. Also my bedroom is bigger than the away sheds. Most games that have been called off this yr the thugby league didn't even play u muppet, which shows how much rain we have had. U say that sth Cardiff have done stuff to the ground? What exactly, the whole complex is a debacle, just like yourself!
I forgot to add your male toilets are a disgrace also

Zico
25-06-2013, 09:42 PM
So what. They make money from the GF, at least they invest it back into a facility that gets used week in and out by the whole of the State League, Jets, Youth Teams, etc... And besides no one complained when Edgy were making the money from the GF when they had it and best not talk about Lakes as nothing ever come of the money they made. No one has ever claimed they do not make money, so whats your point? BE FACTUAL! When did magic propagate this theory of yours? Sounds like you are the one propagating.

Tell me this. Why should Magic not be linked to the Macedonian Community? I mean it is an integral part of the clubs history is it not. Do people suddenly rip the history out of the club because you have an issue with it? If that were the case why do so many local clubs carry the historical symbols of those other ethnic people such as the English rose of Adamstown, and the Scottish thistle of Jaffas, or carry the names of so many foreign towns like Cardiff, and Swansea, Newcastle, etc. As for recognising Macedonia, cant see what that has to do with us all? For your information Australia recognises Ethnic Macedonians, their Language, Culture, traditions etc. They even have a consulate office in Bitola. They must feel a little like the Tibetans. There are many examples of Australia recognising ethnic groups but not their respective countries. You should probably call foreigh affairs and get the real story on it before mouthing off in your uneducated ways.

Your issue may not be raciest but it is discriminatory on the basis that in Australia we believe in the self determination and individual rights, government or no government. Who cares about any of our governments and what does this have to do with local football? As for FFA were they not proudly displaying the Italian flag when one Del Piero's arrival was announced? I recall a sea of Italian flags at the SFS for his first games and always see the italian flag when he plays. Now surely if the FFa had a problem with this they would ban theses flag's right? Whats controversial about a sun? It just so happens to be all over this round world. It seems there are only a very limited number of people who have an issue with this flag, you included. I have never heard of any club or supporter base in our region having an issue with Magic logo with the exception of one club. And do these controversies not exist for the English Rose of Adamstown and Scottish Thistle of Jaffas?

Whats wroing with their club name? David Hill was a waste of time and money and really did nothing for our game. Hamilton legally challenged the name change that was being forced on them and the Northern board backed down. End of story on that one.
If you read the post correctly and saw what I was responding to, you would notice that what I was saying was the same as what you have posted.

CStein
25-06-2013, 09:54 PM

If you read the post correctly and saw what I was responding to, you would notice that what I was saying was the same as what you have posted.

I agree with you! I was making the same argument!

CStein
25-06-2013, 10:03 PM
who the **** are you ? so us greeks are ****ed then are we ? i thought we stopped talking about this shit and here you are bagging our culture, no comment was made in a derogatory way towards macedonian culture and here you are, having a go, talking ****ing shit. low act over a ****ing computer ****

No i did not say the the greeks are fkd, look at this in relation to the statement that was made, especially as we all well know that referring to Macedonians as FYROM is a derogatory reference. LOL... Touchy. If you want a date meet me this Sunday at Wanderers... We can go out back and i can give you a history lesson... :)

Ding Dong! The Witch is dead. Which old Witch? The Wicked Witch! Ding Dong! The Wicked Witch is dead.

hawk
25-06-2013, 10:03 PM
hmmmm, Can we get some passionate anglo and muslim clubs so we can just have one big shit racist comp. That whats we all want isnt it?

ForeverRed
25-06-2013, 10:06 PM
Mean while at the footy, jaffas 3 edgy 2, too of the table jaffas, well done

CStein
25-06-2013, 10:11 PM
hmmmm, Can we get some passionate anglo and muslim clubs so we can just have one big shit racist comp. That whats we all want isnt it?

What about a Tottenham and we can call Mark Bosnich as special envoy! :)

CStein
25-06-2013, 10:26 PM
I forgot to add your male toilets are a disgrace also

Which ones? The ones in the clubhouse up top, the ones downstairs, or the 3 sets in the dressing rooms? Maybe you find it more civil to piss behind the chicken shed up the end of Ulinga?

dingdong
25-06-2013, 10:27 PM
the stain has spoken the witch is dead yeeeww.

CStein
25-06-2013, 10:30 PM
the stain has spoken the witch is dead yeeeww.

Ding Dong! The Witch is dead. Which old Witch? The Wicked Witch! Ding Dong! The Wicked Witch is dead.

dingdong
25-06-2013, 10:34 PM
hahaha u need a missus

Thomas477
25-06-2013, 10:47 PM
Why should the clubs who have no crowds/supporters and do nothing to improve their lot benefit from others in a gf...

By all means, lets have a comp where Magic and Edgy have everything while the rest of the league has nothing, that'll be a great comp. I can't wait for that!

All I'm saying is that why should Edgy and Magic be able to keep all the profits from the grand final? Why not share the profits around the league? Maybe clubs like Lambton, like Cardiff etc, could do with a bit of extra cash? Who are you to say they aren't doing anything to help themselves anyway? As shocking as it may sound, not every club has the backing of organisations like Newcastle Macedonia. Maybe what Lambton can afford is what they are spending currently, but an extra few thousand dollars would be extremely beneficial for them? What if the only thing stopping the "second tier" clubs from going that extra mile is an injection of cash. It's not like NNSWF would be short of cash because of this, it would simply be a re-channelling of funds that would go to one club, into the other 8 or 9.

But that won't help to improve the league, so lets just let the rich clubs get richer, and not help any other club.

GazFish35
25-06-2013, 11:03 PM
NBN = laLiga

koopatroopa
25-06-2013, 11:04 PM
freddie - you are a loser. No one i know has complained about the Magic logo. Actually i think it is modern and hip, and very close to perth glory. I didnt realise they are Macedonian to right! 35'000+ words. So WHAT? What about the other 500000 we get from latin? Whats your point? Everywhere you look no one is offended but YOU... LOL ... Who cares what we recognise? Yeah yeah FFA symbols, etc, one name two words, DEL PEIERO. Greek culture you say? If you know something about history the greek culture you speak of is a mix of persian and ancient greek culture and to be honest has nothing to do with the modern era. The history is that the Turks and the Greeks are actually very closely related and at the turn of the last century the hellenic republic was non existent, and that at this period what we now call greece was a ramble coalition of states, and by historical records had an Albanian population of about 2 to 5. but this is a football forum right and i cant really be bothered revisiting my history learning from about ten years ago.

1 in 4 people from fyrom are ethnic albanians lol. only a matter of time before another kosovo in the region

koopatroopa
25-06-2013, 11:13 PM
the ottomans occupied present day fyrom for 500 years also. greeks are no more closely related to turks than any of the slavic people to the north.
but this is a football thread, so back to football topics, anyone else find it weird that magic use a cultural emblem of a Greece on their logo?

The Magician
25-06-2013, 11:26 PM
the ottomans occupied present day fyrom for 500 years also. greeks are no more closely related to turks than any of the slavic people to the north.
but this is a football thread, so back to football topics, anyone else find it weird that magic use a cultural emblem of a Greece on their logo?

If its so significant to greeks why don't you use it? The more the merrier!!! I think it would go nice with your onion rings.

koopatroopa
25-06-2013, 11:33 PM
If its so significant to greeks why don't you use it? The more the merrier!!! I think it would go nice with your onion rings.

Not sure why you're referring to me personally as though I'm Greek or even a Hamilton fan but in response I assume Hamilton don't use it because national/ethnic emblems are not permitted on logos by the FFA.

immersion
25-06-2013, 11:36 PM
went and watched the Jaffers & Edgy match in the blistering cold.

Pretty tight contest overall. both teams tried to play football throughout the match. I think the deciding factor was jobe bossing the midfield in terms keeping possession for his team but also his ability to win the ball back was instrumental for the jaffers. I thought Edgy pipped the first half even though they were under the kosh late in the second half. John Maj got a double and was clinical in his finishing and was fantastic as acting as a target man for his team, along with partner up front tall fellow unsure of his name.

Edgeworth had a little bit joy on the flanks but were not able to consistently provide good service or any service at times. Woods for edgy got a goal should of had 2 but shank a 1v1 although it did take a bad bounce upon striking the ball.

Jaffers were decent at their at their attempt at building their attack. I thought they could have been very dangerous on the counter except their ball speed was a little slow at times.

Talking to the parents of one of edgeworths senior players he didnt get on the park (coming back from injury i think), they said he wouldnt be happy and that might be finished for the year. If so he aint getting a kick at another club this late.

Overall an entertaining match except for the freezing conditions. I thought result and scoreline was a good reflection on the football played.

late_to_the_game
25-06-2013, 11:41 PM
The ethnic communities surrounding Magic and Hamilton are the reason for their strength.
Local "communities" based on where people live (suburb) now has very little meaning in modern day Australia - hence why a club like Valo with more players than anyone else cannot match the crowd at a Hamilton game.

I coached at Magic juniors last year, and tried to help clean up after the GF, I was told to leave it to the "oldies" as it gave them something to do!
Most clubs would love to have this kind of help.....

The Baby Piglet
25-06-2013, 11:48 PM
Yeah tend to agree with your summation immersion... Didn't see Abe Wheelhouse turn out for the jaffas, injury or suspension ??... I do really like the way edgy play football, just thinking they are lacking in the final 3rd. Joel woods missed a few 1-on-1 chances, which if i have to be honest really think cost edgy the match. That senior Edgy player wouldn't happen to be one Bren Hammel would it ??? Im sure i seen him exiting the ground while the match was still in play....

MOM
Jobe wheelhouse -3
Jonny Maj -2
Steven Kruse -1

immersion
25-06-2013, 11:58 PM
Yeah tend to agree with your summation immersion... Didn't see Abe Wheelhouse turn out for the jaffas, injury or suspension ??... I do really like the way edgy play football, just thinking they are lacking in the final 3rd. Joel woods missed a few 1-on-1 chances, which if i have to be honest really think cost edgy the match. That senior Edgy player wouldn't happen to be one Bren Hammel would it ??? Im sure i seen him exiting the ground while the match was still in play....

MOM
Jobe wheelhouse -3
Jonny Maj -2
Steven Kruse -1

Jaffers had a couple of chances that they should of capitalised on as well. overall my opinion is that the team that won the match deserved it.

As for the player you mentioned i am not confirming he left the match early.

Nou Camp
26-06-2013, 12:00 AM

Greece was also occupied by the Turks for just as long
Look it up! Do some research not just go off what elders have told you or afraid they could be wrong???

Premy
26-06-2013, 12:57 AM
NBN = laLiga

More like loliga

CStein
26-06-2013, 06:01 AM

More like donuts to Homer (Simpson that is)!

Not sure why you're referring to me personally as though I'm Greek or even a Hamilton fan but in response I assume Hamilton don't use it because national/ethnic emblems are not permitted on logos by the FFA.

Why do you speak on behalf of Hamilton? Im not Greek or a fan BUT... LOL... Are you saying that Hamilton is taking a high moral ground, yet hang on they have a warrior on their logo and the 5 donuts of the old games, and some how they dont use national/ethnic emblems because the FFA said so? What a bullocks of an argument. I suppose Donuts and Warriors roamed this continent before the Aboriginals arrived. LOL, i can just see them now, all those donuts hiding in the trees and the bushes eating witchetty grubs, and the Warriors conquering Uluru and spearing Koalas... LMAO. Have a look and you will see that many many clubs in Australia carry symbols and emblems that have nothing to do with Australia, and therefor "ethnic", eg Warriors, Thistles, Rosebuds, Knights, Lions, Tigers, Phonixs', Cannons, Roosters, Jet Planes, Stags, Bears, Marconi, Roar, and so the list goes on. We all came from somewhere... Anyway who cares... Where do you think this silly argument should go? I wonder if those Macedonian Kebapi should be banned because they didnt come over on the tall ships of the first fleet, but hang on where are we going to start our history from? 200 years ago, 2000 years ago, 20000 years ago?

Greece was also occupied by the Turks for just as long. Look it up! Do some research not just go off what elders have told you or afraid they could be wrong???

This is true. More like family visiting when the Ottos came over, not like those invading barbarians from the north!

1 in 4 people from fyrom are ethnic albanians lol. only a matter of time before another kosovo in the region

As if thats a problem? The Albanians are moving to greece and taking what ever jobs are there for half the rate of the locals, so dont be surprised if the state identified mono greek ethnicity of greece changes very rapidly and soon. Your arguments are better posted on a golden dawn forum, you know that neo nazi fascist organisation that hates everybody and everything that does not have a sovlaki stuck up its arse! LOL... LMAO... The Macedonians are more than welcome here as their contribution to this country has been such a great one, if they ever needed to leave their patch of dirt!

CStein
26-06-2013, 06:34 AM
the ottomans occupied present day fyrom for 500 years also. greeks are related to turks but this is a football thread, so back to football topics, anyone else find it weird that magic use a cultural emblem of a Greece on their logo?

LOL... Can you imagine koopatroopa and his mates sitting round a table deciding which logo/emblem they are going to use... LOL... As i said its a great looking logo, and unfortunately whether you agree or not, nobody has a trademark on ancient history. As a by fact i read a study conducted over 5 years ago which concluded that there was almost no blood lineage to the ancient peoples that once occupied that area. The ancients are in fact more closely related to modern day arabs/north east africans. For the fact there was no ancient greece, this is a modern day ideology that saves people naming all the states of the ancient kingdoms. To the point there was no ancient Italy, it Was Rome. So we have a good looking hip and modern emblem, we have a very select few that have a problem with it, and we are wasting our time on this forum talking about a non issue!

dingdong
26-06-2013, 09:09 AM
**** ur keen at 5 am hahaha

Local Rules
26-06-2013, 09:31 AM

So are the 17's and 19's at Magic off for the weekend already due to the rain we had this morning. Perhaps this is another way for Magic to make some extra coin by charging twice to get in if you want to watch all four grades??

thebeautifulgame
26-06-2013, 09:34 AM
Boys and girls lets just talk about football and what happens on the pitch
went to watch edgy vs jaffas lastnight freezing conditions to watch but things we do for a little
dose of football. my opinion of the game was that both sides tried and did play some good football and overall the result probably went to the better side. I was sitting near jaffas supporter who said abe wheelhouse was injured
For me j wheelhouse and john Maj were standouts for jaffas and no.10 did well in patches for edgy. overall pretty happy I went to watch as it was a decent standard of game

pv4
26-06-2013, 09:46 AM
More like loliga

:rof:

FR is trying his hardest to get banned. This thread is great

The Baby Piglet
26-06-2013, 10:03 AM
Don't get me wrong i love learning a little history, but if you budding historians want to keep talking about Greece, the former yugoslavia republic of macedonia and various cultural issues, please by all means start a new thread, but FFS lets get back to football in this one

TheBean
26-06-2013, 10:43 AM
Abe Wheelhouse had a hand injury from work. Great win for the jaffas! Lakes must have an unbelievable backline if that Perisic lad was actually just a fringe first grader and wouldnt be a starter, he was immense last night!

cobra23
26-06-2013, 10:52 AM
Abe Wheelhouse had a hand injury from work. Great win for the jaffas! Lakes must have an unbelievable backline if that Perisic lad was actually just a fringe first grader and wouldnt be a starter, he was immense last night!

Agree,

this young lad is a great player, he was a unsung hero in the the jaffas team lastnight.

TheBean
26-06-2013, 10:54 AM
went and watched the Jaffers & Edgy match in the blistering cold.
John Maj got a double and was clinical in his finishing and was fantastic as acting as a target man for his team, along with partner up front tall fellow unsure of his name.

Maj got a hattrick! and the tall fella is Terrie "The TerrieDactyl" Dries, what a weapon!

De-Champ
26-06-2013, 11:13 AM
Agree,

this young lad is a great player, he was a unsung hero in the the jaffas team lastnight.

He did not sing the victory song???

thebeautifulgame
26-06-2013, 11:39 AM
Is perosic the tall boy in the centre of defense for jaffas ?? He played really well too I forgot to mention him in earlier post

FaroeMassive
26-06-2013, 11:48 AM
Forever Red...best wet weather ground in Newcastle washed out twice in 2 weeks. What's going on there?

Maybe your club needs to think about spending money on drainage this off-season.

ForeverRed
26-06-2013, 01:02 PM
Forever Red...best wet weather ground in Newcastle washed out twice in 2 weeks. What's going on there?

Maybe your club needs to think about spending money on drainage this off-season.
We don't need nothing games on it in the damp, any comp game would have went ahead, please see earlier posts as in regards to drainage, at least it wasn't called of in the sunshine like others

ForeverRed
26-06-2013, 01:11 PM
We don't need nothing games on it in the damp, any comp game would have went ahead, please see earlier posts as in regards to drainage, at least it wasn't called of in the sunshine like others
They also played at edgeworth last night which is a little embarrassing for other games that were called out last night considering edgeworth isn't know for wet wet hear football, well done edgeworth for forging ahead and getting games played

Nou Camp
26-06-2013, 01:34 PM

maybe shouldve played the game and donated the profits made on the canteen to magic for their drainage?

Premy
26-06-2013, 01:44 PM
It's a little overcast in Cardiff ATM sun was out earlier only had about 30mins of rain at best.

ForeverRed
26-06-2013, 02:18 PM
maybe shouldve played the game and donated the profits made on the canteen to magic for their drainage?
Nice humour

Hiratio_Hufnagel
26-06-2013, 11:51 PM
Have you heard the rumours of the superstar player that plays in this league known as Mitchy causing quite a stir up in the league 1 thread

Premy
27-06-2013, 12:17 AM
Have you heard the rumours of the superstar player that plays in this league known as Mitchy causing quite a stir up in the league 1 thread

:roflz:

shagga
27-06-2013, 08:39 AM

"Oh Danny boy"

Guiltykeep
27-06-2013, 10:07 AM

Good old lakes

MFKS
27-06-2013, 11:28 AM
So I take it with today's wet weather in Newy we are probably not gonna get many games in this weekend??

Forever Red what are the chances of Southy V Jets yoof going ahead this weekend at this stage??

Considering all that drainage you personally installed is it cutting the mustard??

Thomas477
27-06-2013, 11:40 AM
Forever Red what are the chances of Southy V Jets yoof going ahead this weekend at this stage??
Considering all that drainage you personally installed is it cutting the mustard??

cobra23
27-06-2013, 11:59 AM
So I take it with today's wet weather in Newy we are probably not gonna get many games in this weekend??

Mfks,

I was acutally going to write the same thing , ha ha

ForeverRed
27-06-2013, 01:48 PM
I'm sure the gunners will be doing their best to get a game in, had some rain though, don't want to much more, drains were flowing big time yesterday which tells there working but need a little sunshine to help, not sure if I will be in attendance Sunday, enjoy

MFKS
27-06-2013, 03:13 PM
I'm sure the gunners will be doing their best to get a game in, had some rain though, don't want to much more, drains were flowing big time yesterday which tells there working but need a little sunshine to help, not sure if I will be in attendance Sunday, enjoy

I am relieved to hear that the drains you personally installed are working.

Thank god for that.:roflz:

We are a chance of getting a game in then if the sun/wind come up over the next couple of days

All hail Forever Red

ForeverRed
27-06-2013, 03:19 PM
I am relieved to hear that the drains you personally installed are working.

Thank god for that.:roflz:

We are a chance of getting a game in then if the sun/wind come up over the next couple of days

All hail Forever Red

Thank you pilgrims