PDA

View Full Version : 2013 NBN State League Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9

late_to_the_game
28-06-2013, 01:46 AM
Anyone got an idea on the average/typical attendances at NBN Games?
I found mentioned in the 2011 NNSWF annual report that the average weekly attendance was 1600 across 5 games (I assume) so 320 per game. Also assuming Magic/Hamilton would get more 450? and Valentine/Lake's less 200? (They took that performance measure out in 2012 - replaced it with grand final attendance - aimed for 2500, got 4300)
Anyone in the know have some recent real numbers?

JCBT
28-06-2013, 06:55 AM
The average club would get approx 250 to 350 through the gate (including children and free passes which are never counted as no ticket is given) throughout the day. The hard thing is keeping these people there all day as I'd guess only half that number would be there for the main game. You also get a large number of people who come in after the gate person leaves the post.

Broadmeadow and Olympic get better numbers but the average club's would be there abouts what I've posted above.

ForeverRed
28-06-2013, 07:13 AM
The average club would get approx 250 to 350 through the gate (including children and free passes which are never counted as no ticket is given) throughout the day. The hard thing is keeping these people there all day as I'd guess only half that number would be there for the main game. You also get a large number of people who come in after the gate person leaves the post.

Broadmeadow and Olympic get better numbers but the average club's would be there abouts what I've posted above.
Olympic don't have the support they use to, edgeworth and phoenix are the worst gates going on numbers from this season at gunners, depends how you look at it though, edgeworth have good support at home but they don't travel, so it's hard to measure

immersion
28-06-2013, 12:06 PM
Olympic don't have the support they use to, edgeworth and phoenix are the worst gates going on numbers from this season at gunners, depends how you look at it though, edgeworth have good support at home but they don't travel, so it's hard to measure

How does everyone think the grounds are going this weekend fixtures? We have had consistent rain. No chance for drying either. Do we suspect that most games will be off this weekend?

P.S with the local weather site showing a 90% chance of rain over the next few days i am getting off the fence and saying not many if any games will be played this weekend. The weather radar looks terrible too.

P.S.S Since the weekend is off. Does anyone have a similarly controversial topic to chat like recent dubious club emblem discussion? Which i found extremely well discussed and informative?

The Baby Piglet
28-06-2013, 01:16 PM
Well if Forever Reds drainage lives up to expectations, i'm sure Southy will be playing

Zico
28-06-2013, 01:45 PM
Well if Forever Reds drainage lives up to expectations, i'm sure Southy will be playing
ForeverRed dug his own hole when he said he dug the drainage :whistling:

ForeverRed
28-06-2013, 03:04 PM
Not sure what that means, do you have a problem because I put in and had a go and not sit back and live off the cost tails like some

ForeverRed
28-06-2013, 03:05 PM
Coat

ForeverRed
28-06-2013, 03:06 PM
I'd doubt anyone will play

prawnhead
28-06-2013, 03:21 PM
Not sure what that means, do you have a problem because I put in and had a go and not sit back and live off the cost tails like some

If Southy had 60 more Forever Reds then Ulinga would rival Wanderers.

The Baby Piglet
28-06-2013, 03:38 PM

Come on Zico lets not robb forever red of his accolades

ForeverRed
28-06-2013, 03:49 PM
Come on Zico lets not robb forever red of his accolades
Not even close, this is so funny and you don't know why

seldom
28-06-2013, 03:58 PM
If Southy had 60 more Forever Reds then Ulinga would rival Wanderers.

And the Foz would be in meltdown

prawnhead
28-06-2013, 04:43 PM
Not even close, this is so funny and you don't know why

Why is it so funny?

immersion
28-06-2013, 05:09 PM
Why is it so funny?

I thoughts exactly. This will be good.

JCBT
29-06-2013, 10:43 AM
Just read on Twitter Weston v Olympic tomorrow are off.

The Manager
29-06-2013, 11:08 AM
Just read on Twitter Weston v Olympic tomorrow are off.

It is also on Northern's website

The Magician
29-06-2013, 12:21 PM
Jaffas off today

Guiltykeep
29-06-2013, 01:43 PM
Southy off!!

Zico
29-06-2013, 02:04 PM
Southy off!!
What?? Never??? not with the drainage that ForeverRed dug??? :roflz:

plague
29-06-2013, 02:25 PM
What?? Never??? not with the drainage that ForeverRed dug??? :roflz:

All this rain is clearly a conspiracy between the NNSWFF and Broadmeadow Magic derp derp derp derp derp............

MFKS
29-06-2013, 04:11 PM
Actually I can cope with the games being off this weekend.

Lets face it the weather has been shit all week. No sunlight no wind no chance to dry due to the constant rain in the great land of Newy.

What does shit me is when games are called off with **** all rain in relation to what we have had this week. When that happens I ask WTF is going on

Forever Red you are off the hook in my eyes. Your drains have done the best they could but mother nature has beaten your best efforts with her game plan of rain rain and more rain. These other blokes may give you a hard time but as far as I am concerned neither you nor Southy or the NNSW are to blame and you won't hear from me about it

CStein
29-06-2013, 04:46 PM

Are you saying that when some clubs dig their drainage they are some how living off their coat tails and yet when Southy dig their drainage they are putting in and having a go right? Is this your point? Who are these clubs born with the proverbial silver spoon in their mouth?

ForeverRed
29-06-2013, 05:43 PM
Are you saying that when some clubs dig their drainage they are some how living off their coat tails and yet when Southy dig their drainage they are putting in and having a go right? Is this your point? Who are these clubs born with the proverbial silver spoon in their mouth?
Not at all, talking about zico

The Magician
29-06-2013, 05:59 PM
Magic games are off

prawnhead
29-06-2013, 06:32 PM
Actually I can cope with the games being off this weekend.

Lets face it the weather has been shit all week. No sunlight no wind no chance to dry due to the constant rain in the great land of Newy.

What does shit me is when games are called off with **** all rain in relation to what we have had this week. When that happens I ask WTF is going on

Forever Red you are off the hook in my eyes. Your drains have done the best they could but mother nature has beaten your best efforts with her game plan of rain rain and more rain. These other blokes may give you a hard time but as far as I am concerned neither you nor Southy or the NNSW are to blame and you won't hear from me about it

I was just about to call you a pussy until I read your post in the New FM thread.

outsider
29-06-2013, 06:34 PM
Magic games are off

They were called off about 6 hours ago

ForeverRed
29-06-2013, 06:45 PM
I was just about to call you a pussy until I read your post in the New FM thread.
Seen it, quite funny, I don't mind helping my old mate sancho

sancho_theswan
29-06-2013, 08:46 PM
Seen it, quite funny, I don't mind helping my old mate sancho

Old mate????????

Zico
29-06-2013, 09:53 PM
Old mate????????
I wouldn't have him call me old mate either Sancho. Go and dig a better drainage ForeverRed, if your ground is the best in the North like you bat off about then you should at the minimum be having football played and allow people to sit in your tin sheds to shelter themselves from the rain.
Word of warning for those who are going to the Ugly Ulinga, it is very difficult to get a spot on the ground in which you can see the entire match. The best you can hope for is a recycled shed behind the bottom corner post. Piss poor ground with stuff all going for it other than the fact that ForeverRed dug the drainage.

Zico
29-06-2013, 10:05 PM
I should add the you will need to park 3 km's from the ground as they have **** all parking and the park could be called Ulunga not Ulinga but either way I couldn't give a **** as it's not far behind VPFC ground as the worst in the comp :sparring:

ForeverRed
29-06-2013, 10:21 PM
I wouldn't have him call me old mate either Sancho. Go and dig a better drainage ForeverRed, if your ground is the best in the North like you bat off about then you should at the minimum be having football played and allow people to sit in your tin sheds to shelter themselves from the rain.
Word of warning for those who are going to the Ugly Ulinga, it is very difficult to get a spot on the ground in which you can see the entire match. The best you can hope for is a recycled shed behind the bottom corner post. Piss poor ground with stuff all going for it other than the fact that ForeverRed dug the drainage.
No ones ordering you to come to Ulinga, feel free to stay away if you don't like it, if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything, by the way why aren't the macedonian masses we keep hearing about out on wanderers oval with rags and sponges soaking up your wet pitch, surely there's plenty who will do it, those famous legions of volunteers you keep telling us about, where are they now or don't they want to get dirty and wet or are they waiting for a direction from NNSWF,

Zico
29-06-2013, 10:36 PM
No ones ordering you to come to Ulinga, feel free to stay away if you don't like it, if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything, by the way why aren't the macedonian masses we keep hearing about out on wanderers oval with rags and sponges soaking up your wet pitch, surely there's plenty who will do it, those famous legions of volunteers you keep telling us about, where are they now or don't they want to get dirty and wet or are they waiting for a direction from NNSWF,
:fap: keep making a goose of yourself ForeverRed.

ForeverRed
29-06-2013, 10:52 PM
:fap: keep making a goose of yourself ForeverRed.
Your the one that bags clubs buddy, like I said , nothing nice to say just move on to another thread, foolish boy you are,

Thomas477
29-06-2013, 11:55 PM
:popcorn:

Love this thread :wub:

militiamon
30-06-2013, 12:04 AM
It is without a doubt the crowing glory of the foz :wub:

seldom
30-06-2013, 12:52 AM
Magic v Southy grand final...

Zico v BR (sorry FR) as the undercard

FR to bring his own food and drinks

Zico to burn an Edgy flag

etc etc

Zico
30-06-2013, 05:50 PM
Magic v Southy grand final...

Zico v BR (sorry FR) as the undercard

FR to bring his own food and drinks

Zico to burn an Edgy flag

etc etc
Love this post :sparring:

MFKS
30-06-2013, 06:23 PM
It is without a doubt the crowing glory of the foz :wub:

Biggest problem is that this forum is moderated with an iron fist. Imagine how much more fun we could have stirring one another if we were allowed to operate with out the threat of a ban for crossing some artificial line?? :whistling::sup:

Worst part is some of these on here think I am trolling them. How little they know:grin:

GazFish35
30-06-2013, 06:43 PM
Biggest problem is that this forum is moderated with an iron fist.

Ha!
This thread alone proves this statement wrong.

CStein
01-07-2013, 10:11 AM
I should add the you will need to park 3 km's from the ground as they have **** all parking and the park could be called Ulunga not Ulinga but either way I couldn't give a **** as it's not far behind VPFC ground as the worst in the comp :sparring:

But they have the only chicken coop in the State League, built entirely from recycled materials...

MFKS
01-07-2013, 04:16 PM
But they have the only chicken coop in the State League, built entirely from recycled materials...

Where are the chickens then???:whistling:

cobra23
02-07-2013, 10:17 PM

11 are out fertirlising the field :tongue:

The Baby Piglet
05-07-2013, 03:40 PM
I heard a rumour that Steve Piggot has informed South Cardiff that he will not be returning as head coach for the 2014 season. Have yu heard anything along these lines ForeverRed ?

ForeverRed
05-07-2013, 04:39 PM
I heard a rumour that Steve Piggot has informed South Cardiff that he will not be returning as head coach for the 2014 season. Have yu heard anything along these lines ForeverRed ?

Not true sorry,

MFKS
05-07-2013, 04:43 PM

Unfortunately that is only part true.

Piggott will stay at Southy next season on a couple of conditions.

Firstly that Forever Red digs some more drains in Ulinga Oval to avoid those dastardly wash outs

Secondly that more chickens are purchased for the coop

If these demands are met he will stay

The Baby Piglet
05-07-2013, 05:01 PM
Can yu confirm if he has signed for next year FR ?

ForeverRed
05-07-2013, 05:11 PM
No, doubt many have , rumour of a new coach at magic though, a brother from Sydney coming up north

TheBean
05-07-2013, 07:25 PM
next years gf at Edgeworth

ForeverRed
05-07-2013, 08:25 PM

Hope their in the new comp

Zico
05-07-2013, 09:16 PM
Hope their in the new comp

I know one thing for certain and that's that it would never be held at ForeverReds chicken yard.

Bremsstrahlung
05-07-2013, 09:56 PM
Northern NSW Football (NNSWF) has determined that the 2013 and 2014 NBN State League Grand Finals will be played at Wanderers Oval Broadmeadow and Jack McLaughlan Oval Edgeworth, respectively.
The staging of the 2014 Grand Final at the home of the Edgeworth FC is an acknowledgement of the substantial improvements that have been made to Jack McLaughlan Oval.

NNSWF CEO David Eland said “The improvements made by Edgeworth FC to Jack McLaughlan Oval means that NNSWF now has access to two local venues and clubs that are capable of conducting outstanding Grand Finals.”

“NNSWF looks forward to working with both clubs to build upon the success of last season’s Grand Final which attracted almost 4500 spectators,” Eland concluded.

The 2013 NBN State League Grand Final will take place on Sunday 8th September.

Bremsstrahlung
05-07-2013, 09:58 PM
Also confused/intrigued that "The baby Piglet" Has a picture of Piggo as his avatar, knows some rumours about Piggo. Hmmmm.

MFKS
05-07-2013, 10:10 PM
Northern NSW Football (NNSWF) has determined that the 2013 and 2014 NBN State League Grand Finals will be played at Wanderers Oval Broadmeadow and Jack McLaughlan Oval Edgeworth, respectively.
The staging of the 2014 Grand Final at the home of the Edgeworth FC is an acknowledgement of the substantial improvements that have been made to Jack McLaughlan Oval.

NNSWF CEO David Eland said “The improvements made by Edgeworth FC to Jack McLaughlan Oval means that NNSWF now has access to two local venues and clubs that are capable of conducting outstanding Grand Finals.”

“NNSWF looks forward to working with both clubs to build upon the success of last season’s Grand Final which attracted almost 4500 spectators,” Eland concluded.

The 2013 NBN State League Grand Final will take place on Sunday 8th September.

So much for the sauces claiming it would definitely be at Edgy this year.:deadhorse:

ForeverRed
05-07-2013, 10:23 PM
I know one thing for certain and that's that it would never be held at ForeverReds chicken yard.

At least it's away from magic, long live the king

ForeverRed
05-07-2013, 10:25 PM
So much for the sauces claiming it would definitely be at Edgy this year.:deadhorse:
Just quoting the edgy president , no harm in that,

The Baby Piglet
05-07-2013, 10:47 PM
Also confused/intrigued that "The baby Piglet" Has a picture of Piggo as his avatar, knows some rumours about Piggo. Hmmmm.

More of a coincidence Bremsstrahlung. I heard the information 2nd hand, hence the reason for asking ForeverRed to confirm or deny if piggo will remain head of the hen house at south cardiff. As for the avatar.... They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery :tongue:

shagga
05-07-2013, 11:25 PM
This is political bullshit handing out the Grand Final venue for next year at this early stage. Just like the world cup, handing out two venues in advance. Edgeworth is a dump. Are any of those buildings out there council approved, looks like a macano set.

seldom
05-07-2013, 11:49 PM

Last year of his contract yeah ?....few vultures circling I hear

magician
05-07-2013, 11:53 PM
Defiently will be a decrease in numbers for the grand final in 2014. Who wants to go out to that dump. Rubbish decision

Zico
05-07-2013, 11:58 PM
This is political bullshit handing out the Grand Final venue for next year at this early stage. Just like the world cup, handing out two venues in advance. Edgeworth is a dump. Are any of those buildings out there council approved, looks like a macano set.
Will be a backward step in my opinion but good old Millsy may be planning further upgrades to the ground in the next 14 months.

ForeverRed
06-07-2013, 08:03 AM
Defiently will be a decrease in numbers for the grand final in 2014. Who wants to go out to that dump. Rubbish decision

Good decision, at least we can get a pie with sauce off millsy

ForeverRed
06-07-2013, 11:41 AM

can you explain why there will be a decrease in numbers please

Premy
06-07-2013, 11:55 AM
can you explain why there will be a decrease in numbers please

People will have to drive out there and risk drink driving at least at wanderers there is trains and buses that go threw regular

ForeverRed
06-07-2013, 11:58 AM
People will have to drive out there and risk drink driving at least at wanderers there is trains and buses that go threw regular

buses do go to edgeworth and not everyone drinks

Zico
06-07-2013, 12:58 PM
The old Grand Finals at Lakes drew over 6,000. No transport out that way.

Premy
06-07-2013, 01:51 PM
buses do go to edgeworth and not everyone drinks

Key word was regular

Premy
06-07-2013, 01:53 PM

They were the same old days were cops would turn a blind eye to drink driving as well. It's not 70's and 80's anymore

The Magician
06-07-2013, 01:55 PM
Will be a backward step in my opinion but good old Millsy may be planning further upgrades to the ground in the next 14 months.

No need to plan upgrades when its guaranteed, just need to divert that 'facility upgrade money to a squad now that will play for a 'Home' Grand Final like times of old.

immersion
06-07-2013, 06:07 PM

You are aware that the league is a semi-amateur league at best? Honestly i feel there are a number of grounds that could hold and have a decent grand final day. As long as there is a semi functional canteen that sells beers and some food. There is adequate seating and terraces what is the issue?

Anyway one would think magic would be happy to have a year off from the grand final they are quite sure they make no money from it (Although no one believes it). So it seems like a vacation lol.

06-07-2013, 06:17 PM
Olympic 3 - Jets 0

MFKS
06-07-2013, 07:00 PM
Olympic 3 - Jets 0

No Kale :mad::banghead:

No PARTY

plague
06-07-2013, 07:10 PM
No Kale :mad::banghead:

No PARTY
Did you go to the game today Member?
Any thoughts?

Thomas477
06-07-2013, 07:13 PM
Deans probably benched him to keep his feet on the ground.....

MFKS
06-07-2013, 07:13 PM
Did you go to the game today Member?
Any thoughts?

Read the GVE Out thread.

I was actually trying to limit my swearing in my post but could only get it down to about 6.

Olympic were painful to watch with their physical hoof ball style :banghead: but were well worth the win as they didn't really give the Jets a sniff. Jets kids tried hard all day but were bullied out of it by the bigger Olympic players and when they did get the ball were looking useless under GVE's patented 500 passes no shot at goals strategy

CStein
06-07-2013, 07:30 PM

11 are out fertirlising the field :tongue:

Does that mean that FBR is the ROOSTER??? LOL...

Guiltykeep
06-07-2013, 07:36 PM
Southy vs valo
17s 2-1 southy
19s 1-1
23s 3-3
1st 3-0 southy

EH9
06-07-2013, 10:09 PM
Southy vs valo
17s 2-1 southy
19s 1-1
23s 3-3
1st 3-0 southy

First grade was terrible to watch. Really felt for the players positioned near the cricket pitch, the sound of the players running on it could be heard in the stand.

wannabe
06-07-2013, 10:31 PM
Read the GVE Out thread.

I was actually trying to limit my swearing in my post but could only get it down to about 6.

Olympic were painful to watch with their physical hoof ball style :banghead: but were well worth the win as they didn't really give the Jets a sniff. Jets kids tried hard all day but were bullied out of it by the bigger Olympic players and when they did get the ball were looking useless under GVE's patented 500 passes no shot at goals strategy
What game were you watching? Must have heard deans/Zane yell at their players a dozen times in the first half to stop knocking long balls. Olympic were definitely more than well worth the points and could have won by 5. Scored 3 ,hit the bar, missed a couple of one v ones and played some good football. Jets fair dinkum did not have a shot on goal all game. How good was young kid who played right back for Olympic.16 yrs old making his first grade debut,was cut from inswis last as deemed not good enough

ForeverRed
06-07-2013, 10:50 PM
Does that mean that FBR is the ROOSTER??? LOL...

It's a shame your boat didn't sink

ForeverRed
06-07-2013, 10:55 PM
First grade was terrible to watch. Really felt for the players positioned near the cricket pitch, the sound of the players running on it could be heard in the stand.

Why is it that with all the criteria crap clubs have to go through yet Cahill oval still qualifys, what a waste land it is

The Manager
07-07-2013, 08:47 AM
Why is it that with all the criteria crap clubs have to go through yet Cahill oval still qualifys, what a waste land it is

There are that many lines on the field the u/19's keeper for Southy thought he was in his box and picked the ball up only to discover he looked at the wrong lines

magician
07-07-2013, 08:53 AM

Won't have to worry about it next yr, once relegated all the coastie boys will leave and they will have nothing.. They will battle to get in the top 4 of newfm

CStein
07-07-2013, 09:44 AM
It just so happens that in my opinion the recent successes of the GF have been due to the better-supported clubs taking part in the GF. Do you think that last year we would have had 4500 people if it were not for Magic playing in the GF as we all know they are by far the best supported club in the league? As much as people here like to think that just by putting on a great venue you will attract the crowds, this is not true.

FBR - If you are going to talk about criteria then Magic should surely be awarded the GF until another club catches up to their standard. They are by far in front when it comes to facilities and location.

You are aware that the league is a semi-amateur league at best? Honestly i feel there are a number of grounds that could hold and have a decent grand final day. As long as there is a semi functional canteen that sells beers and some food. There is adequate seating and terraces what is the issue? Anyway one would think magic would be happy to have a year off from the grand final they are quite sure they make no money from it (Although no one believes it). So it seems like a vacation lol.

As below not many grounds able to hold a GF at all. A semi functional canteen are you kidding. Have you been to a GF at Wanderers and seen what standard they set? One semi functional canteen is not acceptable. Adequate seating and terraces, well once again on this criteria there are very few able to hold the GF. Im sure if Magic have a year off from the GF that they would make even more improvements to their ground…

Yeah ive heard this but just cannot seem to find the information on previous GFs. I can recall big crowds but exact figures not. In saying that the GFs have been building for numerous years so we are in a better place now than we have been. And before any national competition they use to get tens of thousands so whats the reason? Arm chair supporters watching better football on tv, foxtel, other entertainment, costs, comfort…

Rather go to Edgy than Southy , Lakes, Valo, Hamilton, Azzuri, all non GF venues in my mind.

Edgy is far better than a lot of other grounds but Northern have always said that the best venue within the State League would get the GF. As I said below they have reversed their decision this year and done away with the criteria 2014 rewarding Edgy for the improvements they have made to their venue. And yes Edgy does not compare to Wanderers Park. As with South Cardiff it seems in Lake Macquarie you need not have council approval chicken coops as at Southy, and bird averys at Edgy.

Just quoting the edgy president , no harm in that,

I heard this from Edgy to and the direct quote from them was that “Alan” told them they had it. I wonder why Northern reversed their decision.

How does this ground meet criteria? No fence around it, old change rooms, grandstands that obviously do not meet council standards, I wonder if they have even been certified. Or are chicken coops exempt developments. Good thinking FBR using the old chicken coop loophole… LOL…

Yes 2014 at Edgy, and 2013 at Magic according to Northern.

Zico
07-07-2013, 01:33 PM
No need to plan upgrades when its guaranteed, just need to divert that 'facility upgrade money to a squad now that will play for a 'Home' Grand Final like times of old.
I'm hearing ya.

Zico
07-07-2013, 01:37 PM
And Southy have great facilities? :wtf: Pot calling the kettle black there ForeverRed.

ForeverRed
07-07-2013, 03:01 PM
And Southy have great facilities? :wtf: Pot calling the kettle black there ForeverRed.
If you don't have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all boy

07-07-2013, 05:32 PM
edgy 6 - charlstown 2. left game with 10 min still to go

Thomas477
07-07-2013, 05:50 PM
Jaffas - Lakes 1 all at full time.

Both Wheelhouses sent off with about 10 to go, I believe Jobe was for striking and Abe was for abusing the ref. I didn't see Jobes, there wasn't much in it IMO. And given what else was being said to the ref, Abe was harshly done too. I also think the Lakes keeper was lucky to stay on the field when he came out to collect a through ball and raised his studs towards Maj's legs.

Not the prettiest game either, both sides had a few good chances but neither keeper was really tested. I do have my doubts if Lakes goal did cross the line as it was one of those shots that hit the crossbar then roll along the line for a bit, but the ref gave it and no one seemed to doubt it.

Didn't seem to be many Lakes supporters there either, could hear a lot of Jaffas fans in the ~500 people there.

Funniest moment of the afternoon was Maj getting a yellow card for being up in the Lakes keeper's face after he scored and after, the keeper, apparently, called Maj a "fat c***". Was wondering what part he took offence to, can't have been the first half :gent:

ForeverRed
07-07-2013, 06:02 PM
edgy 6 - charlstown 2. left game with 10 min still to go

finished 6.2, charlestown were poo

ForeverRed
07-07-2013, 06:03 PM
broadmeadow 2 weton 1, weston unlucky not to equalise late in the game

magician
07-07-2013, 06:57 PM

Both Wheelhouses sent off with about 10 to go, I believe Jobe was for striking and Abe was for abusing the ref. I didn't see Jobes, there wasn't much in it IMO. And given what else was being said to the ref, Abe was harshly done too. I also think the Lakes keeper was lucky to stay on the field when he came out to collect a through ball and raised his studs towards Maj's legs.

Not the prettiest game either, both sides had a few good chances but neither keeper was really tested. I do have my doubts if Lakes goal did cross the line as it was one of those shots that hit the crossbar then roll along the line for a bit, but the ref gave it and no one seemed to doubt it.

Didn't seem to be many Lakes supporters there either, could hear a lot of Jaffas fans in the ~500 people there.

Funniest moment of the afternoon was Maj getting a yellow card for being up in the Lakes keeper's face after he scored and after, the keeper, apparently, called Maj a "fat c***". Was wondering what part he took offence to, can't have been the first half :gent:

You didn't see jobes send off but then you said there wasn't much in it. I'm confused.. As for Abe's send off he is a smart arse and thinks he is a world beater. Fact is he isn't.. Needs to grow up

evolution
07-07-2013, 07:03 PM

Jobe palmed a bloke in the back of the head right in front of the ref. Dickhead, deserved to be sent. No idea what Abe said though.

Lakes goal... I don't know, but nobody seemed to complain so I'd say it must have went over. Good hit as well.

Wouldn't call it funny when Maj got up in the keepers face, regardless of if the keeper said anything he just looked like a ****ing wanker to me.

Thomas477
07-07-2013, 07:11 PM
You didn't see jobes send off but then you said there wasn't much in it. I'm confused.. As for Abe's send off he is a smart arse and thinks he is a world beater. Fact is he isn't.. Needs to grow up

To clear it up, I saw Jobe get the red, but I didn't see anything in the preceeding play (not that i was watching everything at once) that was that bad, evolution obviously saw it. As for Abe's, compared to what a lot of the players from both side were saying, it wasn't a straight red, a yellow sure, but I doubt the red. His carry on afterwards wouldn't have helped his cause.

And evolution, I found the incident funny when Maj was complaining about being called a "fat c***", that's all.

stopper2
07-07-2013, 08:20 PM
What game were you watching? Must have heard deans/Zane yell at their players a dozen times in the first half to stop knocking long balls. Olympic were definitely more than well worth the points and could have won by 5. Scored 3 ,hit the bar, missed a couple of one v ones and played some good football. Jets fair dinkum did not have a shot on goal all game. How good was young kid who played right back for Olympic.16 yrs old making his first grade debut,was cut from inswis last as deemed not good enough
That's great to here about the 16 year old making his debut. Just shows that if you are good enough and persevere you will get noticed. Quite often you find that kids who are "favourites" and lifted up on pedestals in their developing years by rep coaches, by the time they are 18,19 they have fallen by the wayside. Meanwhile kids like the young Olympic lad, once they start playing under a coach or club that believes in them they start to thrive and actually become better footballers then the "chosen" ones.....happens all the time.

EH9
08-07-2013, 12:14 AM
The Lakes keeper generally calls himself a 'fat c%^t' whenever he lets one in or makes a mistake...... Maj may have taken offence to something not directed his way (and anyway, it is clear he is simply big boned). Abe's carried on like a massive princess, waiting in the tunnel to give it to the ref. I would have thought that the officials may have kept him cooped up in the dressing rooms to keep him from doing something stupid.

The Magician
08-07-2013, 12:32 AM
Bend it like berlin!!!!

The Magician
08-07-2013, 12:32 AM
Bang bang!!!

The Magician
08-07-2013, 12:33 AM
finished 6.2, charlestown were poo

How many Charlestown players were shown the red rectangle?

seldom
08-07-2013, 01:23 AM
Was at the Lakes-Lambton game and thought both teams did pretty well on a very bumpy pitch.Lambton had a lot of possession 1st half but you always had the feeling Lakes were a chance of scoring.As for the send offs...Jobe committed the foul,as he ran back past the ball the guy he fouled stepped sideways and bumped him..Jobe then retaliated and was sent.Saw the red shown again and thought it was for the Lakes guy who instigated it but it was for brother Abe (will he ever learn ?).As for Maj..still a player I like to watch and still one of the best sledgers around lol.But as for the lakes keeper directing the fat cvnt remark to himself surely you're takin the piss ? End of the day draw a fair result imo

The Magician
08-07-2013, 02:27 AM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1622509/jaffas-see-red-as-wheelhouse-sent-off/?cs=306

WILSON LEAVING THE BLUES AT SEASONS END... Shock of the weekend! Makes the Wheelhouse's double red look like another Magic premiership

immersion
08-07-2013, 09:47 AM
How many Charlestown players were shown the red rectangle?

Talking to someone about the game. They didnt mention a send off. So possibly no send offs

I wonder if azzurri had a full team or maybe they had 4 or 5 missing.

ForeverRed
08-07-2013, 10:03 AM
Talking to someone about the game. They didnt mention a send off. So possibly no send offs

I wonder if azzurri had a full team or maybe they had 4 or 5 missing.
Full team, no send offs, gifted most of the goals to edgy bar 2 long range strikes

immersion
08-07-2013, 10:08 AM
Full team, no send offs, gifted most of the goals to edgy bar 2 long range strikes

Thanks FBR.

Makes sense as most goals do come from mistakes in this league.

sutho
08-07-2013, 10:11 AM
broadmeadow 2 weton 1, weston unlucky not to equalise late in the game

Agreed, bears should have got a draw:(

The Baby Piglet
08-07-2013, 10:21 AM
Was at the jaffas V lakes game and find it abit unfortunate that young abe has a mouth the size of Julia Roberts. He's a talented footballer, but seriously needs to learn to shut it. I really can't understand what he is trying to achieve by doing it. Had a pretty decent view of the lakes goal, was very close, but think the ref made correct call.
On a different note i heard a rumour ... AND I STRESS THE WORD RUMOUR, that lakes are in quite a bit of financial trouble

sutho
08-07-2013, 10:31 AM
Was at the jaffas V lakes game and find it abit unfortunate that young abe has a mouth the size of Julia Roberts. He's a talented footballer, but seriously needs to learn to shut it. I really can't understand what he is trying to achieve by doing it. Had a pretty decent view of the lakes goal, was very close, but think the ref made correct call.
On a different note i heard a rumour ... AND I STRESS THE WORD RUMOUR, that lakes are in quite a bit of financial trouble
hey thats the point this is a forum - it's all about the rumors, truth is boring

the_fozz
08-07-2013, 10:44 AM
Piggot to Charlestown next year...

Local Rules
08-07-2013, 12:02 PM

Was also there and they are struggling for numbers, according to a couple of coaches, with their 17's and 19's starting at least 4 or 5 players in the grades above. May be the cash cow has run dry.

immersion
08-07-2013, 12:13 PM

Gee Whiz. If this is true i wonder if the players have any idea that the club maybe struggling? I wonder if the players will be getting their proposed pay packet in the full amount at the end of the year.

Maybe Lakes should hold the grand final this year? the money earned may help them keep their head above water. On seconds thoughts i forgot you don't make any money when you hold the grand final.

evolution
08-07-2013, 02:49 PM
Was also there and they are struggling for numbers, according to a couple of coaches, with their 17's and 19's starting at least 4 or 5 players in the grades above. May be the cash cow has run dry.

Probably some truth to this as a bloke who has been playing in my All Age team just got called up to play in their U/23's side.

CStein
08-07-2013, 03:08 PM
Gee Whiz. If this is true i wonder if the players have any idea that the club maybe struggling? I wonder if the players will be getting their proposed pay packet in the full amount at the end of the year.

Maybe Lakes should hold the grand final this year? the money earned may help them keep their head above water. On seconds thoughts i forgot you don't make any money when you hold the grand final.

Good idea. Let lakes poor management of their club be rewarded by handing them the GF so they can pay players and meanwhile the facility stays stuck in a time warp... I say if they cannot maintain a professional standard or at least aim towards one then let them fall on their sword...

immersion
08-07-2013, 03:46 PM
Good idea. Let lakes poor management of their club be rewarded by handing them the GF so they can pay players and meanwhile the facility stays stuck in a time warp... I say if they cannot maintain a professional standard or at least aim towards one then let them fall on their sword...

you are exactly right in that Lakes shouldn't be in the comp if these rumors are true.

But my opinion is that no one club in the league has the facilities to warrant continuously holding the grand final. It is now common knowledge that the club holding the grand final doesn't make any money *cough* *cough* (hard typing that sentence). There are a couple of clubs that offer the basic needs to holding a grand final in terms of facilities. So why shouldn't they be able to hold the grand final?

This is not a professional league. It is made up of hard working volunteers that do a great job, and players who have to work regular job and play football as a hobby. Why shouldn't the honor of holding the grand final be spread around to the clubs that have the basic requirement to hold the grand final? I mean Magic do not offer anything that other clubs do not offer. Sure their facilities are fantastic but on a personal note i wouldn't care if the grand final was held at Edgy, Lakes, Jaffers, even Weston ( little far to drive) from a spectators point of view. .

De-Champ
08-07-2013, 03:51 PM

Define poor management. Pretty hard to manage when you have no spectators, etc.... Seeing magic's ground and facilities are soooooo good and much much better than all others, lets play all games there. (to hell with other grounds) This shouldn't be a problem.

Local Rules
08-07-2013, 04:19 PM
Define poor management. Pretty hard to manage when you have no spectators, etc.... Seeing magic's ground and facilities are soooooo good and much much better than all others, lets play all games there. (to hell with other grounds) This shouldn't be a problem.

Won't be as long as we get ForeverRed to ensure the drainage of the ground is up to standard or maybe get a load of sand to assist.

CStein
08-07-2013, 04:39 PM
you are exactly right in that Lakes shouldn't be in the comp if these rumors are true.

But my opinion is that no one club in the league has the facilities to warrant continuously holding the grand final. It is now common knowledge that the club holding the grand final doesn't make any money *cough* *cough* (hard typing that sentence). There are a couple of clubs that offer the basic needs to holding a grand final in terms of facilities. So why shouldn't they be able to hold the grand final?

This is not a professional league. It is made up of hard working volunteers that do a great job, and players who have to work regular job and play football as a hobby. Why shouldn't the honor of holding the grand final be spread around to the clubs that have the basic requirement to hold the grand final? I mean Magic do not offer anything that other clubs do not offer. Sure their facilities are fantastic but on a personal note i wouldn't care if the grand final was held at Edgy, Lakes, Jaffers, even Weston ( little far to drive) from a spectators point of view. .

You have propagated this idea numerous times that Magic makes no money on the GF. As far as I am aware they have never denied making money, I think the issue is that some think they are making millions... They unlike lakes and others have reinvested their GF money into the Wanderers Park facility. God knows how many years the GF s held at lakes and Edgy and they did nothing to improve their facility from the profits, true?

Besides why make a habit of blaming Magic for hosting the GF. Who makes the decision on hosting rights? Northern right. So your better directing your issues at Northern not Magic. As far as I am aware the GF was awarded to the best facility on criteria, and yes that was Wanderers Park. Northern made it very clear by suggesting that they were going to reward Edgy for ground improvements that they were to receive the GF in 2014. An obvious change in policy.

From a spectators point of view I would prefer the GF at the best facility, or as with next year the next best ground. I don't believe it does any good for the league to be dragging the GF around the grounds because they are some very poor facilities and we are about attracting people to the spectacle not giving them a substandard experience. As for Weston why talk them down when you are all about sharing it around.

Unfortunately whilst you think this is a hobby league there are clubs out there striving to be professional, and this is clear by the efforts of these clubs. Just because the league is not a full time league, there are some serious payments being made to players within our league according to this forum, and the stakes and tension in some of these games are top flight. Do not dumb down our league. hobby league is 5th division... If the attitude of clubs is that they think this is a substandard league and are not aiming for professionalism then they should make way for others in the top flight, or as is the case all over the world, relegation and promotion. And wow what possibly could a GF at lakes offer? Just plain wrong...

Stupid comments. Is it Magics fault or any other clubs fault if Lakes cannot attract crowds? Why do you insist on blaming others for a problem Lakes must take full ownership of... Sure Magic are proud of their facilities, and so they should be being built from the pockets of their club members and not gifted to them by government. Maybe if Lakes had a couple working bs and tarted the place up and cleaned their canteen and worked with their juniors and done all the things other clubs are doing they may just attract some people. Zero effort equals zero gain. And further to what Northern said they are not going to reward clubs who make no effort, and nor should they.

cobra23
08-07-2013, 04:48 PM

Immersion,
When has anybody said that magic dont make money on grandfinal day ?
what they make is benifet for the work they put in the facility throughout the years.
Now edgy have it how many whinges will there be next about them..

And please dont come back with a comment like, its because they host all these granfinals thats
why they have the best faciltys,
mate they had a good setup way before hosting the grandfinals.

and yes i played for edgy when EDGY held the grandfinals years ago and also when magic hosted the first couple of grandfinals.
as a player on big days like that i have to take my hat off to magic , they are blessed with the facilty,location,catering ground management etc. the best by FAR

Youaskedforit
08-07-2013, 04:49 PM

Every club in NBN and Newfm would love to hold the GF and to this day, the ones that used to be at Lakes were by far the best, YES BETTER THEN MAGICS !!! We cant always be MAGIC, but every club has volunteers that work their guts out, not just Magic, to say there is no money made from GF day is ludicrous, but its a dead in the water argument, every club know it except Magic apparently.

Lakes have more inside parking then magic, Weston have a real football in the park sunday afternoon feel about it, Olympic are central and in walking distance to Beaumont street and restuarants, Edgy have a bowling club next door, Valo have ocean views from the grandstand and a club next door, southy have uuummm uuuummm ummmmm, help me FR ... Adamstown, Westy ....... who cares how good Magic are or how hard they work because they are not the only ones.... spread the GFs around, we play in Newcastle NSW FFS, not premier league England !!!!!

halo se7en
08-07-2013, 04:49 PM
Was at the Lakes-Lambton game and thought both teams did pretty well on a very bumpy pitch.Lambton had a lot of possession 1st half but you always had the feeling Lakes were a chance of scoring.As for the send offs...Jobe committed the foul,as he ran back past the ball the guy he fouled stepped sideways and bumped him..Jobe then retaliated and was sent.Saw the red shown again and thought it was for the Lakes guy who instigated it but it was for brother Abe (will he ever learn ?).As for Maj..still a player I like to watch and still one of the best sledgers around lol.But as for the lakes keeper directing the fat cvnt remark to himself surely you're takin the piss ? End of the day draw a fair result imo

Wow, we agree on something. A draw was a fair result in the end. I think Lakes brought Jaffas down to their level and Jaffas couldn't rise anove it or really find a way through. They probably could have nicked a winner if the Wheelhouse boys didn't implode. And the Lakes goal was legit, I was basically on the goal line and watched it bounce down off the bar.

ForeverRed
08-07-2013, 04:50 PM
won't be as long as we get foreverred to ensure the drainage of the ground is up to standard or maybe get a load of sand to assist.

wtf😳

cobra23
08-07-2013, 04:59 PM
Every club in NBN and Newfm would love to hold the GF and to this day, the ones that used to be at Lakes were by far the best, YES BETTER THEN MAGICS !!! We cant always be MAGIC, but every club has volunteers that work their guts out, not just Magic, to say there is no money made from GF day is ludicrous, but its a dead in the water argument, every club know it except Magic apparently.

Lakes have more inside parking then magic, Weston have a real football in the park sunday afternoon feel about it, Olympic are central and in walking distance to Beaumont street and restuarants, Edgy have a bowling club next door, Valo have ocean views from the grandstand and a club next door, southy have uuummm uuuummm ummmmm, help me FR ... Adamstown, Westy ....... who cares how good Magic are or how hard they work because they are not the only ones.... spread the GFs around, we play in Newcastle NSW FFS, not premier league England !!!!!

Big call from someone who plays in zpl3, :fap:

prawnhead
08-07-2013, 05:35 PM
Piggot to Charlestown next year...

Yes I heard same but I must stress mine was only rumour. I also heard (rumour again) that 3-4 players may follow him next season.

Not good for Southy ForeverRed if true.

immersion
08-07-2013, 05:44 PM
Yes I heard same but I must stress mine was only rumour. I also heard (rumour again) that 3-4 players may follow him next season.

Not good for Southy ForeverRed if true.

Would incur to many points i would think.

The Baby Piglet
08-07-2013, 05:55 PM
That being the case i wouldnt be surprised to see Lindsay Tapp follow piggo to Charlestown as his assistant

MFKS
08-07-2013, 05:56 PM

As for your point about Lakes have more inside parking. The reason they have this is they have nothing there other than a termite riddled grandstand in need of demolition. Lakes have been a joke of a club for the last 20 years other than the occasional year they have bought a team. The rest of the time they have been bottom end getting shit crowds and having shitty junior side. Also we don't need cars in the ground at the GF we need spectators. Magics capacity is more than big enough with no cars on site.

The gripes on here about Central Coast Phoenix are justified but Lakes seem to escape the wrath for their shortcomings. (Probably cause no one cares enough to hate them)

As for your points about the other clubs

Azzurri - Too small no parking for 3-5k
Southy - Not in a 2 sided chicken coop
Olympic- Unless you let the crowds out on the other field where is 4k gonna fit in there??400 people there and it appears packed
Weston have done **** all to their facility in 20 years. The reason you feel it has a Sunday arvo feel about it is Kurri is stuck in a time warp period
Edgy- Have some stands for seating but they also have a 3 sided ground. WTF??
Valo - You have too be ****ing kidding me. There ground is that shit they shouldn't be playing in the comp
Westy - What facilities are there??
Adamstown Another ground stuck in a time warp with piss poor management with the junior base and history they have that they can't get and stay in NBN level

End of day the GF is at the best venue if it is at Wanderers. Also when you walk into Wanderers Oval you actually field you are at a football ground

The rest of the clubs and their supporters should spend less time on here bitching about it here and go fix their clubs and grounds up so they can have decent facilities. As I have said before most of these grounds have barely changed in the last 20 years other than getting more wood rot from the termites

CStein
08-07-2013, 08:54 PM
Immersion,
When has anybody said that magic dont make money on grandfinal day ?
what they make is benifet for the work they put in the facility throughout the years.
Now edgy have it how many whinges will there be next about them..

And please dont come back with a comment like, its because they host all these granfinals thats
why they have the best faciltys,
mate they had a good setup way before hosting the grandfinals.

and yes i played for edgy when EDGY held the grandfinals years ago and also when magic hosted the first couple of grandfinals.
as a player on big days like that i have to take my hat off to magic , they are blessed with the facilty,location,catering ground management etc. the best by FAR

+1.

wannabe
09-07-2013, 12:06 AM
Forever red, has southy changed the date of your rescheduled match with the jets. I thought it was this thurs

ForeverRed
09-07-2013, 07:05 AM
Forever red, has southy changed the date of your rescheduled match with the jets. I thought it was this thurs
This is laughable, nnswf have changed the fixture to Thursday 25 because the jets coaching staff are on holidays, good on nnswf for supporting local football, absolute disgrace

immersion
09-07-2013, 11:20 AM
This is laughable, nnswf have changed the fixture to Thursday 25 because the jets coaching staff are on holidays, good on nnswf for supporting local football, absolute disgrace

This is a joke. NNSW need to have a good look at themselves.

Also are the Jets youth apart of this points system that will be coming in? Surely with the amount of player turn over they will struggling to keep fielding a team within the points system.

09-07-2013, 11:24 AM

Could we be lucky enough for Tinks to send them on a open ended holiday ?.

ForeverRed
09-07-2013, 11:42 AM
This is a joke. NNSW need to have a good look at themselves.

Also are the Jets youth apart of this points system that will be coming in? Surely with the amount of player turn over they will struggling to keep fielding a team within the points system.
Doesn't apply

immersion
09-07-2013, 12:11 PM
Could we be lucky enough for Tinks to send them on a open ended holiday ?.
Lol except he wouldnt pay. The amount of money that man owes is beyond belief.

Doesn't apply

Of course it doesnt. I think there should be a coup league started on its own. Get away from Northern all together. They do nothing for the league anyways.

ForeverRed
09-07-2013, 01:09 PM
Maybe the member has taken kale on holiday through the streets of Kotara and maybe a day trip to south to visit sanchow

09-07-2013, 01:31 PM
So Kale and his new Member on there honeymoon.

GazFish35
09-07-2013, 01:33 PM
their

Thomas477
09-07-2013, 05:25 PM
Of course it doesnt. I think there should be a coup league started on its own. Get away from Northern all together. They do nothing for the league anyways.

Of course they don't, but ask HCCF and the other rebel leagues how easy it is to survive away from FFA and their umbrella organisations.

Imagine if Lambton were to go rogue (not that they would), but I doubt NNSWF would allow the Juniors to still participate in the Interdistrict competitions and SSF. So there goes approx 18 competition teams alone from Lambton alone (u/12s up). So at an average of 15 teams from each club bar Jets, you're looking at approx 120 leagueless teams. Sure, the A-graders will be fine with most A grades from each age group going rogue, but how about the kids in the 13/F? They wouldn't want to get their arse kicked each week, so they would leave the club for a NNSWF club where they can play to their standard. This would mean less money for each club to develop their juniors, resulting in a lesser competition.

Plus where would they get their referees from? I doubt many referees would join an organisation where they are at their highest rank already, when if they stay in NNSWF, they may some day be appointed to higher games (A-League etc).

So you aren't just talking about moving the NBN teams out of NNSWF, you're talking about moving their Junior clubs too, and trying to organise those matches as well. Who would do that? From what I've seen, most NBN teams just care about themselves, no thought is given to the juniors. Plus I doubt NNSWF would look kindly on any club that did do such a thing.

I really hope you weren't being seriously.

football
09-07-2013, 05:30 PM
Can assure you Lakes aren't in financial troubles, players were simply told to perform or they wouldn't be getting paid is what iv'e heard. Thus the recent improvement in results this must be true.

plague
09-07-2013, 06:27 PM
players were simply told to perform or they wouldn't be getting paid is what iv'e heard.

except, you know, that's kind of illegal.

Laws and all that.

ForeverRed
09-07-2013, 06:55 PM
some games scheduled midweek have been called out already, surely there hasn't been that much rain, Charlestown have even canceled games for thursday, crazy, it could be sunny for the next 2 days, clubs need to start playing otherwise who knows what could happen, no point having a prestine pitch if you don't play on it, c'mon, get the footy going

EH9
09-07-2013, 08:19 PM

Laws and all that.

How is it illegal? No player in the comp is on a contract.

football
09-07-2013, 08:52 PM

Laws and all that.

Nah mate, ex player for magic and work with a players brother from lakes so can't be 100% sure about this 'illegal activity' you are referring to ;)

ForeverRed
09-07-2013, 09:04 PM

Laws and all that.
Illegal or not, pretty stupid thing to say to your players, I doubt if it would come from the coaches mouth

magician
09-07-2013, 09:19 PM
some games scheduled midweek have been called out already, surely there hasn't been that much rain, Charlestown have even canceled games for thursday, crazy, it could be sunny for the next 2 days, clubs need to start playing otherwise who knows what could happen, no point having a prestine pitch if you don't play on it, c'mon, get the footy going

I'm quite sure Charlestown were suppose to play tomorrow and going on reports the ground was already average before the rain we had today

plague
09-07-2013, 09:25 PM
No player in the comp is on a contract.

Is this right?
I apologise i was unaware of that and stand corrected.
So when player signings are announced are blokes essentially going to other clubs for no reason other than to play football?
I was under the impression that money was involved. If there are no written contracts then thats one thing but if players are promised win bonus' etc then its still a binding contract and they need to be careful even if it is verbal.
So blokes like Jobe etc dont get paid? Can someone please explain how this all works.

ForeverRed
09-07-2013, 09:58 PM
Is this right?
I apologise i was unaware of that and stand corrected.
So when player signings are announced are blokes essentially going to other clubs for no reason other than to play football?
I was under the impression that money was involved. If there are no written contracts then thats one thing but if players are promised win bonus' etc then its still a binding contract and they need to be careful even if it is verbal.
So blokes like Jobe etc dont get paid? Can someone please explain how this all works.

I'm quite sure Charlestown were suppose to play tomorrow and going on reports the ground was already average before the rain we had today
And Thursday

immersion
09-07-2013, 10:20 PM
Of course they don't, but ask HCCF and the other rebel leagues how easy it is to survive away from FFA and their umbrella organisations.

Imagine if Lambton were to go rogue (not that they would), but I doubt NNSWF would allow the Juniors to still participate in the Interdistrict competitions and SSF. So there goes approx 18 competition teams alone from Lambton alone (u/12s up). So at an average of 15 teams from each club bar Jets, you're looking at approx 120 leagueless teams. Sure, the A-graders will be fine with most A grades from each age group going rogue, but how about the kids in the 13/F? They wouldn't want to get their arse kicked each week, so they would leave the club for a NNSWF club where they can play to their standard. This would mean less money for each club to develop their juniors, resulting in a lesser competition.

Plus where would they get their referees from? I doubt many referees would join an organisation where they are at their highest rank already, when if they stay in NNSWF, they may some day be appointed to higher games (A-League etc).

So you aren't just talking about moving the NBN teams out of NNSWF, you're talking about moving their Junior clubs too, and trying to organise those matches as well. Who would do that? From what I've seen, most NBN teams just care about themselves, no thought is given to the juniors. Plus I doubt NNSWF would look kindly on any club that did do such a thing.

I really hope you weren't being seriously.

Well way to try and shoot me down. I was at the bank all day trying to get funding.

Even got a hold of Clive Palmer he seems very interested.

The Baby Piglet
09-07-2013, 10:47 PM
I spoke to 3 lakes players today and all of them said they have heard nothing about wages being withheld because of performance

ForeverRed
10-07-2013, 10:44 PM
Jaffas v phoenix, 2 all tonight

late_to_the_game
10-07-2013, 11:47 PM
Jaffas better in the first half, one goal a penalty. 2-0 at half time.
Valo better in the second, a team not down on their luck probably would have won, missed a couple of chances including a penalty.

MFKS
12-07-2013, 11:27 AM
NORTHERN NSW Football has apologised to State League clubs about its handling of rescheduled games involving the Jets but says the club's coaching situation was not a factor in its decision.
See your ad here

The Jets Youth and Emerging Jets sides should have played round-13 games against South Cardiff at Ulinga Oval this week, in line with rules stating matches must be rescheduled to be played within 10 days of being washed out.

However, the Jets rejected two dates put forward by South Cardiff, and NNSWF gave the club dispensation from the 10-day rule.

The Newcastle Herald was told on Tuesday the Jets did not want to play this week because almost all of their senior coaches are away.

The apparent reasoning and decision to grant dispensation caused angst among clubs, who believe the Jets are given special allowances.

But NNSWF chief David Eland said while his football operations staff were wrong to grant the dispensation, the decision was not made due to a coaching shortage.

Eland said the coaching situation had "come up in discussions with the Jets", but the sole reason for Northern's decision was the A-League club's commitment to a trial match in Canberra on Monday and concerns over the youth team's workload.

"On reflection, it was the wrong decision, and I've reaffirmed with football ops that the Jets should have been required to prioritise their commitment to the State League," Eland said yesterday.

"We have gone back to the clubs today and said the decision had nothing to do with coaches being unavailable.

"The decision was made because of the trial game, but the decision was the wrong one and I've apologised to the clubs for that. We should never have given the Jets dispensation based on that.

"It was a mistake and it won't happen again.

"There was consultation with South Cardiff and they were apparently OK with what went on, but the regulations are there for a reason."

The games will now be played on July 25, a date which was confirmed after the Herald's story on the issue on Wednesday.

Eland said he had spoken on Wednesday to Jets chief Robbie Middleby, who fully supported the federation's stance and would have accepted its decision to play this week.

"This wasn't the Jets' mistake; it was ours," Eland said.

"They would have abided by our decision."

He said it was important to address the issue given problems during the Jets' maiden campaign last year. The changing strength of the Jets line-up last year, as trial games for the A-League season hit, was a bugbear of State League clubs.

Eland said the Jets Youth needed to commit to the State League and the federation was confident the same problem would not arise this year, despite the recent setback.

"The clubs were frustrated that the Jets side became inconsistent in their line-up when the A-League trials started," he said. "Many of the youth league players were caught up in trials.

"The Jets agreed that the trials upset the participation of the state league team but that was unlikely to happen this year because of the composition of the team, which is so young. We were happy with that response."
See your ad here

Meanwhile, Jets A-League coaches Gary van Egmond and Craig Deans will put Northern NSW grassroots community coaches through their paces in a master class series from next week.

Van Egmond and Deans will coach the coaches in five free 90-minute sessions on Monday nights from 6.30, starting next week at Jack McLaughlan Oval.

Coaches can register online at the Northern NSW website.

That should give a few around here some more burns:whistling:

EH9
12-07-2013, 12:24 PM
"There was consultation with South Cardiff and they were apparently OK with what went on, but the regulations are there for a reason."

This was the most interesting quote from the whole article.

ForeverRed
12-07-2013, 02:17 PM

This was the most interesting quote from the whole article.
Considering they were" told " and not consultated makes it very interesting,

wannabe
12-07-2013, 02:22 PM
Have heard pig go has told southy he will be coaching at azzurri next year. Can you confirm forever red and if true who will get the sought job

the_fozz
12-07-2013, 03:36 PM
Have heard pig go has told southy he will be coaching at azzurri next year. Can you confirm forever red and if true who will get the sought job
Word on the street that he will not be the only coach leaving there with a bunch of players next year.

ForeverRed
12-07-2013, 03:57 PM
Word on the street that he will not be the only coach leaving there with a bunch of players next year.

Rumours

ForeverRed
12-07-2013, 03:57 PM
Heard Wayne bailey coaching Charlestown

ForeverRed
12-07-2013, 03:58 PM
Heard Wayne bailey coaching Charlestown
Sorry, Scott bailey

jets04
12-07-2013, 07:34 PM
Sorry, Scott bailey

Haha this is the funniest thing I've heard in a long time.

If they are considering him after what he has done to the stags they are kidding themselves. Would of thought they would have learned after the whole foley saga last year.

You would think piggot would be the obvious choice...

ForeverRed
12-07-2013, 08:36 PM
By all the rumours I think piggo's coaching most clubs in newcastle, he will make his decision in good time, until then sit back and enjoy what will be a very close finish for the top 5 and first place

EH9
12-07-2013, 10:54 PM
Considering they were" told " and not consultated makes it very interesting,

Please don't read my statement as criticism of Southy. I am acutely aware of how these things generally get 'discussed'.

ForeverRed
12-07-2013, 11:26 PM
Please don't read my statement as criticism of Southy. I am acutely aware of how these things generally get 'discussed'.
Nah, it's all good

seldom
13-07-2013, 12:53 AM
Sorry, Scott bailey

Scott Bailey lol...every player I've talked to hates the guy...Was shafted from the sydney comp for the very same reason.If tronna want to move on they need to turf him IMO

sancho_theswan
14-07-2013, 01:10 PM
Yeah well I heard that Piggo was looking at moving to God's country - I mean Swan Sanctuary. May be he'll be "swanning" around Blackies soooon???

ForeverRed
14-07-2013, 04:53 PM
Currently watching olympic v Southy, all I can say is would the game be better without a ref, what a clown, nil all half time

ForeverRed
14-07-2013, 05:48 PM
Finished nil all, Southy played last 21 minutes with 10 men after what seemed to be a decent tackle from Southy player, even olympic supporters were laughing at the decision , gunners did well with 10 and probably deserved to win in the end, some tired Southy defenders after chasing Olympics long ball rubbish for 90 minutes, most teams that didn't play today will be happy with that result

magician
14-07-2013, 06:28 PM
Finished nil all, Southy played last 21 minutes with 10 men after what seemed to be a decent tackle from Southy player, even olympic supporters were laughing at the decision , gunners did well with 10 and probably deserved to win in the end, some tired Southy defenders after chasing Olympics long ball rubbish for 90 minutes, most teams that didn't play today will be happy with that result
Your a deadest clown brad..
Southy were rubbish, all they wanted to do was get throw ins so Gazzard could do long throw ins..yawn

shagga
14-07-2013, 06:36 PM
Southy were rubbish, all they wanted to do was get throw ins so Gazzard could do long throw ins..yawn

Couldn't agree more, there wasn't much football played on the day but to suggest Olympic played long ball is farcical if you watched Southy play. The ball went out time and time again to the left fullback Nick Russell who then repeatedly lumped it forward. Chris Gazzard must have sore arms from carrying this team in attack as the long throw is their only attacking option.

ForeverRed
14-07-2013, 06:50 PM

Sorry my names not brad, thought you had me mistaken for some one else

ForeverRed
14-07-2013, 06:52 PM
Couldn't agree more, there wasn't much football played on the day but to suggest Olympic played long ball is farcical if you watched Southy play. The ball went out time and time again to the left fullback Nick Russell who then repeatedly lumped it forward. Chris Gazzard must have sore arms from carrying this team in attack as the long throw is their only attacking option.

Not sure what game you were watching but Southy totally dominated all day, if you think otherwise your obviously stupid

shagga
14-07-2013, 07:00 PM
Not sure what game you were watching but Southy totally dominated all day, if you think otherwise your obviously stupid

Clayton Poole had 3 one on one's with the keeper for Olympic, I can't remember Southy having too many shots other than Gazzard throwing the ball into Olympic's box hoping for a cheap goal.

shagga
14-07-2013, 07:04 PM

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

ForeverRed
14-07-2013, 07:06 PM
Clayton Poole had 3 one on one's with the keeper for Olympic, I can't remember Southy having too many shots other than Gazzard throwing the ball into Olympic's box hoping for a cheap goal.

I can remember plenty of olympic players putting there body on the line from Southy shots, Poole had one chance I can remember , doesn't matter, your opinion compared to mine

eggball convert
14-07-2013, 07:13 PM
Finished nil all, Southy played last 21 minutes with 10 men after what seemed to be a decent tackle from Southy player, even olympic supporters were laughing at the decision

I'm going to have to pull you up there, that tackle was a definite yellow from my angle and the NFR branch coach sitting next to me agreed. That players first yellow on the other hand was a bit less convincing. Not going to agree or disagree about the rest of your post though I think both teams had their chances late in the game.

outsider
14-07-2013, 07:15 PM
I'm going to have to pull you up there, that tackle was a definite yellow from my angle and the NFR branch coach sitting next to me agreed. That players first yellow on the other hand was a bit less convincing. Not going to agree or disagree about the rest of your post though I think both teams had their chances late in the game.

NFR(?)branch coach-who would that be?

eggball convert
14-07-2013, 07:27 PM
NFR(?)branch coach-who would that be?

Newcastle football referees - Alan morris

wannabe
14-07-2013, 07:56 PM
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

+1,000

wannabe
14-07-2013, 07:59 PM

Have you forgotten your own name again brad.everyone knows you are brad forever red,you carry on with the same shit on here that everyone has to watch you carry on with at the ground. Bye brad

outsider
14-07-2013, 08:06 PM
Newcastle football referees - Alan morris

Junior branch-nothing to do with senior football-my money would be on Rod Allen to get it right

outsider
14-07-2013, 08:07 PM
Have you forgotten your own name again brad.everyone knows you are brad forever red,you carry on with the same shit on here that everyone has to watch you carry on with at the ground. Bye brad

That says it all then.Zero creditability

eggball convert
14-07-2013, 08:14 PM
Junior branch-nothing to do with senior football-my money would be on Rod Allen to get it right

Sorry I think you misread we both agreed he got the right call for the send off?

plague
14-07-2013, 08:14 PM
if you think otherwise your obviously stupid

Oh dear.

ForeverRed
14-07-2013, 08:49 PM
Good, so we all agree the ref was poo, I like it when we all agree, makes for a good forum, god job children, carry on

outsider
14-07-2013, 08:52 PM
Good, so we all agree the ref was poo, I like it when we all agree, makes for a good forum, god job children, carry on

It has been determined that you have zero credability so I hardly think that you are in a position to determine whether the referee was good or not-your opinion counts for zilch.Go and dig some more drainage ditches

wannabe
14-07-2013, 08:56 PM

Haha,I think what we all agree on is that your secret identity is Brad Robb. Sorry everyone agrees on it bar you.now this does make for a good forum

EH9
14-07-2013, 08:56 PM
Game was average on the whole today, football was not the winner.

Zico
14-07-2013, 09:39 PM
Haha,I think what we all agree on is that your secret identity is Brad Robb. Sorry everyone agrees on it bar you.now this does make for a good forum
If true explains everything I've read from this goose.

ForeverRed
14-07-2013, 10:09 PM
If true explains everything I've read from this goose.
Why didn't your boat sink

plague
14-07-2013, 10:24 PM
god job children, carry on
wow.

Zico
14-07-2013, 11:26 PM
I had good drainage :lol:

outsider
14-07-2013, 11:48 PM

Couldnt have been at Southy then

The Magician
15-07-2013, 02:31 AM

Hahahahahaha... my tummy hurts.... We came over with British Airways, no boats in my ancestry.

cobra23
15-07-2013, 09:38 AM

Why didnt your egg get boiled,scrambled or poached before you came out of it.
go back to the chicken coup

Youaskedforit
15-07-2013, 09:49 AM
Sorry, Scott bailey

Baaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha, youre credibility just nose dived FR.

Youaskedforit
15-07-2013, 09:50 AM
Scott Bailey lol...every player I've talked to hates the guy...Was shafted from the sydney comp for the very same reason.If tronna want to move on they need to turf him IMO

Already done that June 2011 .......................... and its "baillie"

Bremsstrahlung
15-07-2013, 10:02 AM
I love how everyone enjoys hiding behind screen names. I wonder if half of you would say the things you do if it were not an 'anonymous' forum. The personal attacks in this thread are embarrassing for the local football scene. Get back to talking football, ffs.

As an aside, was at the Olympic V Southy game yesterday. There were dubious cards given throughout the whole day. 2 send offs in senior grades for Southy. On each occassion, 1 yellow was deserved, 1 was not. Games weren't played with much malice....not sure if the abundance of yellows were needed, but decisions were made.
Southy 23s were hard done by, going down to 10, scoring a nicely worked goal, few more chances only for Olympic to pepper the goals in the last 2-3 minutes and score with about 10 seconds left. I feel Southy deserved the points in this one.

First grade, i think a draw was a fair result. Both teams were very scrappy. Jaimie Byrnes could've scored a great goal in the first half, that could've opened the flood gates I feel. But alas not. Brad Waters is a class above...Greg Anderson also played really well. Swancott didn't have too much too do. Nor did Cox for Southy. 0-0 was a fair summary of a scrappy game. Both teams are capable of much better.

Kudos to the crowd for their entertaining comments. Getting frustrated at Southy keeper for trying to play out from the back...."Just boot it up field"....oh dear. Clapping all the big kicks either team did.

Youaskedforit
15-07-2013, 10:35 AM

Uncalled for, unneeded and immature

Swifts
15-07-2013, 03:41 PM
Get back to talking football or we'll have to shut the local forum down again.

leftrightout
15-07-2013, 04:08 PM
Back on topic... there has been breaking news in another thread on this forum!

Did you guys know that the football played in the NBN league is considered better quality than Zone League 1 ????

Sorry captain obvious, i didn't steal your job... i am just the messenger!

NUGUNS
15-07-2013, 04:28 PM
Amazing how much shit is talked about a league trying to be somewhat professional.

Imyourhero
15-07-2013, 08:59 PM
Where do the Charlestown boys train?

the_fozz
15-07-2013, 09:27 PM
Any word/suggestions on who may take over the South Cardiff position when Piggott leaves to go to Charlestown? Tapp maybe?

immersion
15-07-2013, 09:52 PM
Any word/suggestions on who may take over the South Cardiff position when Piggott leaves to go to Charlestown? Tapp maybe?

No offense to Lindsay Tapp. But with the results he has got over the past couple of years it would be bad business for Southy to hire him.

As the league is usually a merry go round with coaches. Why don't Southy try the assistant coach of Olympic (cant remember his name)?

He done well whilst coaching 23's at edgy, they always seemed to be in and around the finals every year. And no one can forget Olympic struggling a little at the start of last year, Bolch goes on holiday or work for a number of weeks. The assistant takes over and it turns there whole season around.

I would reckon they might get him cheaply and his record looks ok i think.

CStein
15-07-2013, 10:12 PM
i had good drainage :lol:

lol lol lol....

seldom
15-07-2013, 10:31 PM
Already done that June 2011 .......................... and its "baillie"

Really?.....well someone forgot to inform him...could of sworn it was him coaching when I watched em against Belswans a couple of weeks ago

pv4
15-07-2013, 11:25 PM
Immersion - you're thinking of Phil Koina. Father of olympic player Ben.

Seldom - YAFI is referring to when it happened, then was reverted, players and committee members left and stayed and came back and all that fun stuff. Giant mess that eventuated in him staying on

leftrightout
16-07-2013, 08:36 AM
No offense to Lindsay Tapp. But with the results he has got over the past couple of years it would be bad business for Southy to hire him.

As the league is usually a merry go round with coaches. Why don't Southy try the assistant coach of Olympic (cant remember his name)?

He done well whilst coaching 23's at edgy, they always seemed to be in and around the finals every year. And no one can forget Olympic struggling a little at the start of last year, Bolch goes on holiday or work for a number of weeks. The assistant takes over and it turns there whole season around.

I would reckon they might get him cheaply and his record looks ok i think.

Yeh i agree, this league is a nearly as bad for recycling coaches as the A-League!

Youaskedforit
16-07-2013, 09:00 AM
Immersion - you're thinking of Phil Koina. Father of olympic player Ben.

Seldom - YAFI is referring to when it happened, then was reverted, players and committee members left and stayed and came back and all that fun stuff. Giant mess that eventuated in him staying on

and stags going from equal leaders in the comp with Azzuri and Maitland at that point, to getting beat 7-0 by azzuri in the semis, to fighting for fourth spot two years later........hhhhmmmm good decision.

EH9
16-07-2013, 09:18 AM

I'll have a lottery ticket that Piggott stays at Southy and Chris Tancheski takes over at Charlestown.

Youaskedforit
16-07-2013, 09:27 AM
I'll have a lottery ticket that Piggott stays at Southy and Chris Tancheski takes over at Charlestown.

Il take that lottery ticket on EH9 :)

amishpanda
16-07-2013, 11:46 AM
Back on topic... there has been breaking news in another thread on this forum!

Did you guys know that the football played in the NBN league is considered better quality than Zone League 1 ????

Sorry captain obvious, i didn't steal your job... i am just the messenger!

Nonsense LRO. The top 6 ZL1 contenders would piss all over any team in the 'Spewfm' and 'NBN Lightweight League.'

Actually, at a thought: ZL1 AllStars vs. The rest AllStars.

oneeye
16-07-2013, 01:32 PM

Getting warmer !!!

leftrightout
16-07-2013, 03:02 PM
Nonsense LRO. The top 6 ZL1 contenders would piss all over any team in the 'Spewfm' and 'NBN Lightweight League.'

Actually, at a thought: ZL1 AllStars vs. The rest AllStars.

It would be a closer game than ZL1 Allstars vs. A-League Allstars! atleast the rest Allstars would put up a challenge!

Ay ay.... see what i did there! haha

amishpanda
16-07-2013, 03:10 PM
ay ay.... See what i did there! Haha

1up!

Newsfeed
16-07-2013, 07:05 PM
Steve Piggott to Weston 2014/15

The Baby Piglet
16-07-2013, 07:32 PM
Steve Piggott to Weston 2014/15

Is that confirmation or speculation ??

EH9
16-07-2013, 07:46 PM
Wow!

Newsfeed
16-07-2013, 07:47 PM
On facebook & just a story aired on NBN sport

Thomas477
16-07-2013, 07:47 PM
Is that confirmation or speculation ??

Confirmed on NBN News.

So much for ForeverRed's assertion that he wasn't going anywhere...

seldom
16-07-2013, 07:58 PM

mmmm....you've still got a shot with Chris lol

EH9
16-07-2013, 08:07 PM
mmmm....you've still got a shot with Chris lol

Dammit

ForeverRed
16-07-2013, 08:32 PM
Confirmed on NBN News.

So much for ForeverRed's assertion that he wasn't going anywhere...
feel free to show me where I made this assertion simon

The Baby Piglet
16-07-2013, 08:51 PM
Any guesses on who might take the South Cardiff job ?? I heard wind of a rumour that if piggo didn't extend his contract with South Cardiff, they were going to try and lure Chris Minor back to the club.

pv4
16-07-2013, 08:59 PM
I wonder how many players will follow piggot

seldom
16-07-2013, 09:36 PM
I wonder how many players will follow piggot

I reckon he'll try and entice Faj cause he comes from up woop woop and I bet he'd like Phil Bures to follow but I doubt that will happen.

Youaskedforit
16-07-2013, 10:32 PM
Have heard azurri 5 magic 2 ?

True Local
16-07-2013, 10:54 PM
Tappy back to Southy?

outsider
16-07-2013, 11:08 PM
Have heard azurri 5 magic 2 ?

Under 23 Magic 1 Charlestown 4

First Grade Magic 2 Charlestown 5

Charlestyown scored 2 goals in a minute just after halftime and another about 6 minutes later.Magics midfield was no where to be seen

seldom
17-07-2013, 12:11 AM
Tappy back to Southy?

doubt it

seldom
17-07-2013, 12:13 AM
Under 23 Magic 1 Charlestown 4

First Grade Magic 2 Charlestown 5

Charlestyown scored 2 goals in a minute just after halftime and another about 6 minutes later.Magics midfield was no where to be seen

ffs....I give up trying to pick winners this year.Most teams very inconsistant

EH9
17-07-2013, 07:27 AM
Il take that lottery ticket on EH9 :)

Looks like I owe you a lottery ticket on both accounts!

Newsfeed
17-07-2013, 08:07 AM
Shane Pryce back to Azzurri

Keep the long balls short
17-07-2013, 11:07 AM
Shane Pryce back to Azzurri

Really ? is that 100% ?

Glen Chapman and Graham Law of Adamstown Rosebuds will be disappointed as I think Shane Pryce had been doing a little coaching with them at the buds this year.

Shane was a fine player and I used to enjoy watching him. I dont know what type of coach he will make but if he is half as good a coach as he was a player then Azzuri have recruited very well.

Going to be interesting in NBN next year with all the different coaches about ...

backstick
17-07-2013, 11:16 AM
Really ? is that 100% ?

Glen Chapman and Graham Law of Adamstown Rosebuds will be disappointed as I think Shane Pryce had been doing a little coaching with them at the buds this year.

Shane was a fine player and I used to enjoy watching him. I dont know what type of coach he will make but if he is half as good a coach as he was a player then Azzuri have recruited very well.

Going to be interesting in NBN next year with all the different coaches about ...

Has anyone heard of any other changes regarding coaches?

Will be interesting if Minor goes back to Southy. He was pretty succussful there as well as during his stint at West Wallsend.

outsider
17-07-2013, 12:07 PM
doubt it

Bradd Robb for coach

the_fozz
17-07-2013, 12:33 PM
Has anyone heard of any other changes regarding coaches?

Will be interesting if Minor goes back to Southy. He was pretty succussful there as well as during his stint at West Wallsend.

Will definately be lots more long ball played if thats the case.

Youaskedforit
17-07-2013, 01:10 PM
Bradd Robb for coach

That would be very " draining " on him;)

Zico
17-07-2013, 01:21 PM
That would be very " draining " on him;)
:lol:

prawnhead
17-07-2013, 03:42 PM
Bradd Robb for coach

Wouldn't work out. Impossible to both coach and catch chickens....

Bremsstrahlung
17-07-2013, 08:05 PM
Fawkes has performed exceptionally well when working with younger players. I feel he is best suited to working with 16-19 year olds. I see him as being similar to Jim Foley.
The year he coached at Southy, I'm pretty sure the First Grade did really well and their 19s were also doing really well. The 23s squad, consisted of maybe 5-6 players with alot of players leaving for various reasons, or being called up to First Grade. Alot of the time, the 19s were playing 2 full games. The bulk of the 19s from this year (2011) moved up to 23s in 2012. They joined 3-4 of the previous years 23s, with 3 central coast players. Last years Southy 23s were a talented group, a few left for first grade opportunities (grass always appears greener I guess) elsewhere, a few moved away for work, and some have some chronic long term injuries. But that aside, I think it would be refreshing to see him take on the first grade job, especially since there won't be any relegation....

Graham Jones (not Greg: Greg Asquith was coach of the U/19s in 2010,2011, assisted Fawkesy for half of last year, before returning to Southy 19s. I would also like to see him tackle the 23s next year, given he coached alot of the players in U/19s I think he would do a good job...But we'll see.) But Graham, had the team playing a very structured game, playing out always and it's hard to argue with his results last year. Even though this year started off a little slow. Not sure if up to first grade level just yet though.

seldom
17-07-2013, 08:26 PM
oh ok ...maybe they should attract an experienced 1st grade coach then.Not sure there's too many around though.Maybe Phil Koina could be a go

ForeverRed
17-07-2013, 08:33 PM
When he coached southy 23s I'm pretty sure they ended up 7th or 8th moved to magic with quality side and under achieved. What happened to the guy that coached em last year to a minor premiership Greg Jones.Forever red did you say he moved for work or he had a run in or something? someone told me he's linked to Azzuri next year.
Graham jones Left for work reasons, good bloke , Brett Fawkes is not in contention due to work committments also, been a few enquiries from left field, very surprising actually

wannabe
17-07-2013, 08:38 PM
Have heard koinas name mentioned for southy job. Pretty certain he just got his B license?

the_fozz
17-07-2013, 08:50 PM
Graham jones Left for work reasons, good bloke , Brett Fawkes is not in contention due to work committments also, been a few enquiries from left field, very surprising actually

High profile left field??

CStein
17-07-2013, 09:08 PM
imagine if they had roosters nesting there, foreverred could be the cock chasing the cocks. :yay:

lol.... Lol...

boz-monaut
17-07-2013, 10:08 PM
I haven't been following this thread much but can you all just calm it down a bit - if there's something you don't like in a post, there's an exclamation mark in a triangle under the user details - use it to report posts

no one wants to hear your silly bickering and I'm not keen to ban everyone but I will if this doesn't stop

Bremsstrahlung
17-07-2013, 11:21 PM
May come in handy.
http://bit.ly/192Jdmi

Keep the long balls short
18-07-2013, 11:33 AM
So has Shane Pryce taken the Azzuri job or just another story that had no substance ? i will report back tonight as I am going down to Belswans to watch the match and will see if Shane is there and perhaps here it from the horses mouth.

I will be surprised (and pleased) if non of the NBN clubs come after the Adamstown coaches although I doubt they would want to move given the Buds are on the way back to State league anyway.

Could be a good year for Adamstown to come up next year as I can see it being an interesting year in State league next season what with all the changes taking place and points system coming into play.

Newsfeed
18-07-2013, 05:26 PM
So has Shane Pryce taken the Azzuri job or just another story that had no substance ? i will report back tonight as I am going down to Belswans to watch the match and will see if Shane is there and perhaps here it from the horses mouth.

I will be surprised (and pleased) if non of the NBN clubs come after the Adamstown coaches although I doubt they would want to move given the Buds are on the way back to State league anyway.

Could be a good year for Adamstown to come up next year as I can see it being an interesting year in State league next season what with all the changes taking place and points system coming into play.

A correct statement with substance

Onehunglow
18-07-2013, 10:15 PM

Price confirmed as CCB coach on Herald tonight

Newsfeed
18-07-2013, 10:48 PM
Weston 1 Hamilton 0
Scrappy game, refereeing did not help. Both teams had their chances to win.