PDA

View Full Version : 2013 NBN State League Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

DCSPORTS
18-07-2013, 10:59 PM
Heard Scott ballie in the running for the South Cardiff Job?

Local Rules
19-07-2013, 10:02 AM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1648088/jaffa-wheelhouse-will-play-edgeworth/?cs=2439

Wheelhouse free to play this week due to his good record. Of course he has a good record he has only played in NBN since early June. What a joke. Pay $500 to NNSWFF and you can get your way.

JCBT
19-07-2013, 10:06 AM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1648088/jaffa-wheelhouse-will-play-edgeworth/?cs=2439

Wheelhouse free to play this week due to his good record. Of course he has a good record he has only played in NBN since early June. What a joke. Pay $500 to NNSWFF and you can get your way.

What a ****n joke. They can't have 2 sets of rules.

If they looked at his A League history it would have become clear how much of a clean slate he has. Grubs!

pv4
19-07-2013, 10:16 AM
That Jobe thing could open a whole can of worms.

I'm wondering where his good record has been taken from. The last time he played State League was for Awaba back in 2007 (or so) and in his first or second game at Azzuri he got a straight red either in the first half or early second half. I can't remember how many weeks suspension he got tbh.

Youaskedforit
19-07-2013, 11:07 AM
:banghead:

MFKS
19-07-2013, 12:33 PM
Forever Red whens the Southy V Jets Yoof game at the chicken coop rescheduled for??

I heard Thursday 25th July?? Is this right and if so what times KO??

outsider
19-07-2013, 03:04 PM
What a ****n joke. They can't have 2 sets of rules.

If they looked at his A League history it would have become clear how much of a clean slate he has. Grubs!

once again the NFF have moved the goalposts.I guess that it depends who you are when taking things like this into consideration.Appeal found the offence had been committed but then amended the penalty.Would be interestiing to find out who sat on the appeal

Thomas477
19-07-2013, 08:02 PM
once again the NFF have moved the goalposts.I guess that it depends who you are when taking things like this into consideration.Appeal found the offence had been committed but then amended the penalty.Would be interestiing to find out who sat on the appeal

Who's this NFF? I was under the assumption that NNSWFF controlled the NBN League.

outsider
19-07-2013, 09:38 PM
Who's this NFF? I was under the assumption that NNSWFF controlled the NBN League.

same mob-meant Northern Football fed-my bad

EH9
20-07-2013, 04:06 PM
been a few enquiries from left field, very surprising actually

I am assuming they were not good surprises seeing as an advertisement was placed in the paper for applications???

20-07-2013, 05:47 PM
Jaffers 4 Edgy 3.Edgy were up 2-0

shagga
20-07-2013, 06:07 PM
I am assuming they were not good surprises seeing as an advertisement was placed in the paper for applications???

If you have to advertise for a coach then clearly you don't have your shit together.

magictricks
20-07-2013, 06:49 PM
If you have to advertise for a coach then clearly you don't have your shit together.

bit of a silly statement, clearly you don't understand, a lot of clubs have it in their constitution that they have to advertise, cant see a problem in it, allows for all types to apply plus it gives clubs a chance to get it right unlike Charlestown who have employed a coach with no coaching certificate what so ever, doesn't mean he cant coach but with the new criteria coming into place I cant see how he is going to get up to c level in a short period of time

late_to_the_game
20-07-2013, 08:34 PM
Anyone got the Valo v Weston score?

magictricks
20-07-2013, 08:39 PM

Nil all full time

magictricks
20-07-2013, 08:46 PM

Nil all full time

outsider
20-07-2013, 09:34 PM
Nil all full time

and they both struggled to get nil.Worst game I have seen all year

seldom
20-07-2013, 11:38 PM
bit of a silly statement, clearly you don't understand, a lot of clubs have it in their constitution that they have to advertise, cant see a problem in it, allows for all types to apply plus it gives clubs a chance to get it right unlike Charlestown who have employed a coach with no coaching certificate what so ever, doesn't mean he cant coach but with the new criteria coming into place I cant see how he is going to get up to c level in a short period of time

C license starts in september...he'll be sweet

seldom
20-07-2013, 11:44 PM
Jaffers 4 Edgy 3.Edgy were up 2-0

Actually thought Edgy would have got away with this one...Probs shows that if you make the 5 your in with a great shot

sutho
21-07-2013, 09:44 AM
Nil all full time
Well done to Valo for hanging on.
Weston simply couldn't convert their chances:(

magictricks
21-07-2013, 09:56 AM
C license starts in september...he'll be sweet

looking on the nnswf website it seems you cant just go and do a c license, theres a pathway you have to take, could be wrong but thats what it seems to entail

De-Champ
21-07-2013, 02:22 PM
looking on the nnswf website it seems you cant just go and do a c license, theres a pathway you have to take, could be wrong but thats what it seems to entail

Does'nt all this National Premier League criteria stuff have to be in place for not next year but the year after, so would be plenty of time for the "pathway" to be followed by Shane Pryce or anybody else for that matter. I'd say at a guess he is not the only one in this position.

MFKS
21-07-2013, 05:40 PM
Lakes 2 beat Jets Yoof 1

Simon Mooney with a tap in after goalkeeper (shitful) parry with 2 mins to go to win it

The Baby Piglet
21-07-2013, 06:23 PM

You don't need to do all the pathway crap.... you can go straight to C licence. However the FFA advises that you do the community based senior licences before doing your C. However its optional, not compulsory.

seldom
21-07-2013, 06:40 PM
You don't need to do all the pathway crap.... you can go straight to C licence. However the FFA advises that you do the community based senior licences before doing your C. However its optional, not compulsory.

correct

seldom
21-07-2013, 07:23 PM
mmmmmm....me smell some multis

Socceraust
21-07-2013, 07:43 PM
Does anyone have the HT score between South Cardiff and Broadmeadow please.

Without this I cant enter the scorers and update

Thanks

TheBean
21-07-2013, 07:44 PM
it was 2-0 to magic at halftime i think

GazFish35
21-07-2013, 09:05 PM
mmmmmm....me smell some multis

Your sense of smell is accurate.

Banned users coming back under other names leads to longer bans.
If this thread descends into more childish rubbish permanent bans will be issued.

The mod team don't have lives that revolve around keeping you lot being polite to each other.
The easiest option for us is to ban you for blinking or close the thread and mark it not to be reopened.

FFS grow up.
This shit is embarrassing. We clearly get the a-league entity we deserve.
GVE will start quoting Aurelio Vidmar soon.

seldom
21-07-2013, 09:08 PM
Your sense of smell is accurate.

Banned users coming back under other names leads to longer bans.
If this thread descends into more childish rubbish permanent bans will be issued.

The mod team don't have lives that revolve around keeping you lot being polite to each other.
The easiest option for us is to ban you for blinking or close the thread and mark it not to be reopened.

FFS grow up.
This shit is embarrassing. We clearly get the a-league entity we deserve.
GVE will start quoting Aurelio Vidmar soon.

lol

backstick
22-07-2013, 10:29 AM
4 point gap between Valentine and Lake Macquarie after Lakes 2-1 win over Jets yesterday.

Still a few weeks of football, but looking tough for Phoenix to come back from this one.

outsider
22-07-2013, 10:35 AM
Lakes 2 beat Jets Yoof 1

Simon Mooney with a tap in after goalkeeper (shitful) parry with 2 mins to go to win it

Good finish for Chris Turners last game in charge

Local Rules
22-07-2013, 11:47 AM
4 point gap between Valentine and Lake Macquarie after Lakes 2-1 win over Jets yesterday.

Still a few weeks of football, but looking tough for Phoenix to come back from this one.

Makes Lakes catchup games with Magic and Edgy important in the final few weeks. If Lakes get points out of these it will be Valo down and looking at NewFM Adamstown up. The buds are back.

cobra23
22-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Makes Lakes catchup games with Magic and Edgy important in the final few weeks. If Lakes get points out of these it will be Valo down and looking at NewFM Adamstown up. The buds are back.

I hope this happens,
i cant stand PHOENIX in this comp.
Good riddance cahill oval......

JCBT
22-07-2013, 12:26 PM
I hope this happens,
I'm the same. I hope they fall back through the divisions.

De-Champ
22-07-2013, 02:21 PM
I hope this happens,

Attitude problem
Would be bad for football as a whole, as Valentine have a huge number of teams. (The biggest club I believe.)

Local Rules
22-07-2013, 02:28 PM
Attitude problem
Would be bad for football as a whole, as Valentine have a huge number of teams. (The biggest club I believe.)

Having a huge number of teams means stuff all when the bulk of your Premier team is from the Central Coast. They even imported two coaches from the Central Coast because they were familiar with the players.

Ground with a cricket pitch and shared with Thugby League and Thugby Union should not be in the mix for the Premier competition.

cobra23
22-07-2013, 04:06 PM
Attitude problem

well why did the biggest club have to rely on a merge into an already promoted PHEONIX team rather than
earning there NBN promotion by themselves ?
So bottom line is valentine should not be here to start with...

newie4eva
22-07-2013, 04:29 PM
Attitude problem

I won't pretend to be an expert on Valentine Phoenix as I know very little of their inner workings but I would like to make a comment based on what I have seen over the last few years.

Remember it's only one opinion so feel free to disagree :-)

The way I see it the NBN side of the club has had a Phoenix approach (soley NBN focused) not a Valentine one of having a genuine pathway from u6's through to 1st grade. In other words the NBN football doesn't seem to be there for the huge number of local kids that they have but are there for whoever would like to play NBN for them from anywhere (my son is a player that joined from outside of their club thus over stepping a local product and I have watched many others do it as well). It seems to have really peaked this year with all the Central Coast players recruited. I don't feel its just the coaches fault, if the club allows it to occur then they own the problem as well.

They seem to have lost many good young players over the last couple of years instead of them coming through from the really good youth teams they have had. There are a lot of good young players at other clubs at present. When these kids were first selected they would have all been over the moon and proud with dreams of playing 1st grade one day for Valentine.

When clubs bring a heap of new players into the top team from outside the club then it usually disillusions the kids and they then seek opportunities elsewhere.

I believe the club needs to drop their focus on the current "being in the NBN no matter what" attitude and be willing to drop down to Newfm (if it occurs) and become a truly Valentine club. Do it for all their kids and youth and then 'work towards' a future in the top league as this truly Valentine club giving all their kids a real home club team to aspire to and have it based somewhere in their area as Cahill Oval is not only a shocker but how can the kids possibly see it as a home for their senior teams.

If it takes being relegated to a place in the Newfm so that they become this type of identity then i think it would be far more beneficial for the future of the hundreds of Valentine kids rather than the current setup.

Whether they are in NBN or Newfm I truly hope they get it sorted for the future as the junior base is truly huge and I do have a soft spot for them.

The new points system and new youth teams are suited to this type of club if implemented properly.

Only my opinion.

newie4eva
22-07-2013, 09:10 PM
Is Southy v JETS Youth on this week, if so which night ?

Fairgo
22-07-2013, 10:03 PM
Is Southy v JETS Youth on this week, if so which night ?

I am lead to believe it is this Thursday night at Southy.

EH9
23-07-2013, 08:16 AM
I won't pretend to be an expert on Valentine Phoenix as I know very little of their inner workings but I would like to make a comment based on what I have seen over the last few years.

The way I see it the NBN side of the club has had a Phoenix approach (soley NBN focused) not a Valentine one of having a genuine pathway from u6's through to 1st grade. In other words the NBN football doesn't seem to be there for the huge number of local kids that they have but are there for whoever would like to play NBN for them from anywhere (my son is a player that joined from outside of their club thus over stepping a local product and I have watched many others do it as well). It seems to have really peaked this year with all the Central Coast players recruited. I don't feel its just the coaches fault, if the club allows it to occur then they own the problem as well.

They seem to have lost many good young players over the last couple of years instead of them coming through from the really good youth teams they have had. There are a lot of good young players at other clubs at present. When these kids were first selected they would have all been over the moon and proud with dreams of playing 1st grade one day for Valentine.

When clubs bring a heap of new players into the top team from outside the club then it usually disillusions the kids and they then seek opportunities elsewhere.

I believe the club needs to drop their focus on the current "being in the NBN no matter what" attitude and be willing to drop down to Newfm (if it occurs) and become a truly Valentine club. Do it for all their kids and youth and then 'work towards' a future in the top league as this truly Valentine club giving all their kids a real home club team to aspire to and have it based somewhere in their area as Cahill Oval is not only a shocker but how can the kids possibly see it as a home for their senior teams.

If it takes being relegated to a place in the Newfm so that they become this type of identity then i think it would be far more beneficial for the future of the hundreds of Valentine kids rather than the current setup.

Whether they are in NBN or Newfm I truly hope they get it sorted for the future as the junior base is truly huge and I do have a soft spot for them.

The new points system and new youth teams are suited to this type of club if implemented properly.

Only my opinion.

Great write up!

late_to_the_game
23-07-2013, 09:22 AM
I really don't get the anti Valentine slant.
What a lot of people don't get is that almost every club is run by a VERY small group of people who are doing their best for their club.
True Cahill oval is bad, but from what I have heard they are working hard to find a solution to that problem - but there are no easy solutions, it will take time to get another ground up to NBN standard.
I admire people like ForeverRed who are prepared to get in and dig trenches to get things done, even if it is next to a chicken coup....

De-Champ
23-07-2013, 10:29 AM

Only my opinion.

Agree with you...at last someone talking sense

JCBT
23-07-2013, 10:53 AM
I really don't get the anti Valentine slant.
What a lot of people don't get is that almost every club is run by a VERY small group of people who are doing their best for their club.
True Cahill oval is bad, but from what I have heard they are working hard to find a solution to that problem - but there are no easy solutions, it will take time to get another ground up to NBN standard.
I admire people like ForeverRed who are prepared to get in and dig trenches to get things done, even if it is next to a chicken coup....
For me the reason that VPFC are not very well liked is due to a number of things, yes their ground is pathetic but there are bigger reasons why people don't have any time for them.
After the recent shit that went on this forum I'll keep the reasons to myself but I understand what you are saying with clubs struggling and people giving up their time to run clubs as I've done the same thing in the past but what VPFC have done is bought much of this negative feeling towards them on themselves.

cobra23
23-07-2013, 02:22 PM
For me the reason that VPFC are not very well liked is due to a number of things, yes their ground is pathetic but there are bigger reasons why people don't have any time for them.
After the recent shit that went on this forum I'll keep the reasons to myself but I understand what you are saying with clubs struggling and people giving up their time to run clubs as I've done the same thing in the past but what VPFC have done is bought much of this negative feeling towards them on themselves.

i will say it for ya.

* terrible venue
* rugby league/union , cricket field only.
* no supporters
* no beer licence
the list goes on..

Premy
23-07-2013, 02:27 PM
Bel-Swans & Swansea > Pheonix

Sweet FA Cup
23-07-2013, 11:05 PM
Is it true that Edden Oval will have an artificial pitch next year? That would solve any water issues.

Premy
23-07-2013, 11:40 PM
Is it true that Edden Oval will have an artificial pitch next year? That would solve any water issues.
I find this hard to believe would cost close to $1mil

outsider
24-07-2013, 08:38 AM

Can anyone really think that Newcastle Council is going to install an artificial pitch at Edden Oval?

punter
24-07-2013, 11:52 AM
Agree with you...at last someone talking sense

Can some one tell me why is it that a few years a go they won a heap of gf's
15a, 17a, colts, 19's maybe more not sure but a real good effort considering how you always see magic and Olympic up there in the last game of the year.
Now looking at points table there all last, not just 1st grade last all of of em.
The other thing why didn't all the gf's wins convert to 23's and 1st grade being stronger a few years on.
Something wrong out there.

Local Rules
24-07-2013, 12:02 PM
Can some one tell me why is it that a few years a go they won a heap of gf's
15a, 17a, colts, 19's maybe more not sure but a real good effort considering how you always see magic and Olympic up there in the last game of the year.
Now looking at points table there all last, not just 1st grade last all of of em.
The other thing why didn't all the gf's wins convert to 23's and 1st grade being stronger a few years on.
Something wrong out there.

Was 2011 when this happened which means players are between 17-21. I would guess when not given the opportunity or coach/committee decision to not offer them return guarantee they moved on. I think 7 or 8 of the Colts squad from that year are at Southy from earlier posts with a few playing 23's and firsts for other clubs. Has to go back to the way sides are chosen as to why they did not progress at Valo. Whole selection committee need a good look at. Perhaps in NewFM they will build from their juniors instead of imports.

Fairgo
24-07-2013, 11:33 PM
Tonights game Olympic /Charlestown 4 all

backstick
24-07-2013, 11:39 PM
Lakes 1 Edgy 0

JCBT
24-07-2013, 11:40 PM
Lakes 1 Edgy 0
WTF? Bye bye VPFC

hawk
24-07-2013, 11:53 PM

from what i can gather....Valo have been a large Junior club since the 70's. They had a mobile commitee that wanted an NBN team representing Valo. Pheonix gave them that opportunity. It seems (imo) that as the team was never built on juniors or earning their spot in the top flight they may remain relatively detatched from junior priority. Southy on the other hand battled their way through the divisions with many locals. Even though they still import players coaches etc they achieved their spot through local identity and the bond somewhat remains.

MFKS
25-07-2013, 12:41 AM
Can anyone really think that Newcastle Council is going to install an artificial pitch at Edden Oval?

From what I heard from someone at Sydney Utd aka Sydney Croatia in the NSW State League they put artificial on Edensor Park this year for approx 500k > 750k

backstick
25-07-2013, 08:47 AM
Lakes 1 Edgy 0

I seen the everything bar the first 15 minutes and it was a close game with Edgeworth holding msot of the ball but unable to break through a strong Lakes defense. Lakes looked dangerous on the counter and probably should've had a penalty mid way through the first half. Edgeworth went close when they hit the post towards the end of the half. The 2nd half was much the same with Lakes soaking up the pressure and looking dangerous on the counter. Mooney (?? I think) scored a great longe range strike which swerved all over the place leaving Edgy keeper with no chance.

Another point from the match was the free-kick count which seemed to significantly go in Edgeworths favour. Perhaps the young referee was intimidated by Edgy's reputations?

Premy
25-07-2013, 09:03 AM
From what I heard from someone at Sydney Utd aka Sydney Croatia in the NSW State League they put artificial on Edensor Park this year for approx 500k > 750k

Reports I've read said they spent $2mil on their facilities, how much of that $2mil was spent on the pitch I don't know. Soon as the contractors see its a Council/Government funded project you would imagine they throw on a couple extra 0's

CStein
25-07-2013, 10:13 AM
Reports I've read said they spent $2mil on their facilities, how much of that $2mil was spent on the pitch I don't know. Soon as the contractors see its a Council/Government funded project you would imagine they throw on a couple extra 0's

What have the Jaffas contributed out of their own pocket to ease the financial burden on NCC for the care and maintenance of Arthur Eden to warrant them being gifted a Synthetic pitch? This does not make sense.

Youaskedforit
25-07-2013, 10:26 AM
Great news i reckon, with next years NBN going to have Broadmeadow, Olympic, Lambton and Adamstown all within stones throw of each other, will be some interesting derbys.

Hope magic dont get upset that someone has beaten them to the punch and look like getting synthetic, some focus may be taken off there super standard wanderers oval.

Good to see theres some new kids on the block...

Zico
25-07-2013, 10:37 AM
Great news i reckon, with next years NBN going to have Broadmeadow, Olympic, Lambton and Adamstown all within stones throw of each other, will be some interesting derbys.

Hope magic dont get upset that someone has beaten them to the punch and look like getting synthetic, some focus may be taken off there super standard wanderers oval.

Why have synthetic when you have a great surface as is? Nah just joking, I won't fish for bites straight after my ban has ended :whistling:Good luck to Jafas. If you can get something for nothing then why not make the most of it and accept the offer.

CStein
25-07-2013, 10:50 AM

Makes sense having so many teams so close together if you ask me. If they all draw their own sustainable crowds and are run professionally then why shouldn't they be in the comp. Makes no sense including teams from far out if they are only in there as part of some big inclusive plan that dilutes the competition and is not sustainable.

Great for derbys. As for Magic were they planning a synthetic pitch? I thought their ground was impressive as is.

backstick
25-07-2013, 02:02 PM
Also, Edgeworths facilities are looking great. 2 new large grand stands, pathing around the grand stands, improved and expanded 'eagles nest', playing surface as good as olympic/ magics..

cobra23
25-07-2013, 02:19 PM
Why have synthetic when you have a great surface as is? Nah just joking, I won't fish for bites straight after my ban has ended :whistling:Good luck to Jafas. If you can get something for nothing then why not make the most of it and accept the offer.

Welcome back zico,

4 days to late. could have been interesting to here your comments to forevered
about last sundays flogging. ha ha

Zico
25-07-2013, 04:11 PM
Cobra23, I still enjoyed it :roflz:

Backstic, I take my hat off to Edgy for the work done so far but there is still a long way to go. The dressing sheds are in urgent need of work and the outer ground isn't the best including the bottom end behind the goals. I've got no doubt they will get their shit together before the 2014 GF.

Thomas477
25-07-2013, 08:14 PM
What have the Jaffas contributed out of their own pocket to ease the financial burden on NCC for the care and maintenance of Arthur Eden to warrant them being gifted a Synthetic pitch? This does not make sense.

There we go, welcome back to CStein and his Jihad against the Jaffas.

In answer to your question, maybe they asked NCC as the owners of the pitch for improvements to be made and that an artificial pitch could help them keep games on. Or the Jaffas, as the year long leasers, have offered to pay more rent etc. I don't believe Magic could do the same thing as they own their ground, instead of leasing it from the council.

In its most base form, I see it as no different from someone who is renting a house asking for improvements to be made.

EH9
25-07-2013, 08:28 PM

In answer to your question, maybe they asked NCC as the owners of the pitch for improvements to be made and that an artificial pitch could help them keep games on. Or the Jaffas, as the year long leasers, have offered to pay more rent etc. I don't believe Magic could do the same thing as they own their ground, instead of leasing it from the council.

In its most base form, I see it as no different from someone who is renting a house asking for improvements to be made.

Magic have a long lease on their facilities, don't they?

CStein
25-07-2013, 09:44 PM

I think your mistaken in my assessment of this. My point is i dont believe that any club or group should be entitled to benefits without putting in some hard yards themselves. This is true of Jaffas, Magic, Edgy, or any other team in any of our competitions. Take Thornton Red Backs for example, they deserve to be assisted in their facility as they have rolled up their sleeves and put into their facility, fencing, painting, etc. South Cardiff with the right honourable Forever Red should be a prime candidate for assistance at their ground. For all of the one sided or cock eyed bias, we should agree that they indeed improved their facility by draining the field and building a second seating area (yes chicken coop, but only in good humour). You see even Adamstown contributed to the training area behind the ground, and as has been criticised by many for a club that has been at the same facility for over 100 years such very little progress, but at least they are trying. Hamilton mow and generally take care of the field. Edgy hats off have tried so hard to get their facility to the next level and are making sound progress, by and large from their own pockets.

Its not a Jaffa bashing exercise, it just seems to hit a raw nerve with Jaf Jafs because maybe it holds true to the fact that they have contributed very little to the facility. Grandstand and facility built and funded totally by NCC. Drainage upgrade to the field NCC. Capping natural springs, storage, and watering systems NCC. Fields upgrades and Lighting for outer grounds (behind Lambton High) State Gov / NCC. Fertiliser for the Field, a pallet a year provided by Newcastle Football. Ground mowing and care NCC.

I can recall when league and union grounds had permanent facility caretakers, and still happens today, looking after their facilities and cleaning, preparing, doing beyond and above the NCC scope of works. You see i see that as unfair to our code and just as that is not right, it is not right that we give handouts for zero effort. Simple as that.

late_to_the_game
25-07-2013, 09:56 PM
Talked to TigerTurf today who are one of the two FIFA preferred world wide FIFA 2 level surface suppliers ( they manufacture in Australia).

Budget numbers:
$100 per sq m, earth works, installation, everything. So for 106 x 76m, $800,000.
If the club can supply the prepared compacted base, $40 per sq m. So only $320,000.

TheBean
25-07-2013, 10:04 PM
Its not a Jaffa bashing exercise, it just seems to hit a raw nerve with Jaf Jafs because maybe it holds true to the fact that they have contributed very little to the facility. Grandstand and facility built and funded totally by NCC. Drainage upgrade to the field NCC. Capping natural springs, storage, and watering systems NCC. Fields upgrades and Lighting for outer grounds (behind Lambton High) State Gov / NCC. Fertiliser for the Field, a pallet a year provided by Newcastle Football. Ground mowing and care NCC.

dunno how you know so much about what goes on behind the scenes at Edden but there a lot of blokes who put in a lot of volunteer hours for the jaffas. not me, im much lazier than foreverred

CStein
25-07-2013, 10:12 PM

And for your info, i agree NCC needs a synthetic pitch. Where? Well maybe behind Maccas at Broadmeadow would suit as part of that whole development by private enterprise not costing our council a dime. What about the clubs that have improved their facilities off their own back? Surely junior grounds would be better suited to synthetic pitches to get their games on because there are usually a lot more participants and therefore better value for money for councils?

I take it the Jafs are different to every other club to have the ability as "leasers" to ask for improvements to their ground? Problem is that all clubs are ground hirers and neither have a lease or are tenants. They may however be given exclusive seasonal use of a facility to a point. There are no "year long leasers" that i am aware off, where did that info from? Every ground in the NCC is based on "seasonal usage". You need to "apply" for usage every year with "historical users" of a facility given preference. This directly quoted by a recently departed council officer. Lets keep it factual.

Totally different to renting a house...

Jaf Jaf
25-07-2013, 10:40 PM
I think your mistaken in my assessment of this. My point is i dont believe that any club or group should be entitled to benefits without putting in some hard yards themselves. This is true of Jaffas, Magic, Edgy, or any other team in any of our competitions. Take Thornton Red Backs for example, they deserve to be assisted in their facility as they have rolled up their sleeves and put into their facility, fencing, painting, etc. South Cardiff with the right honourable Forever Red should be a prime candidate for assistance at their ground. For all of the one sided or cock eyed bias, we should agree that they indeed improved their facility by draining the field and building a second seating area (yes chicken coop, but only in good humour). You see even Adamstown contributed to the training area behind the ground, and as has been criticised by many for a club that has been at the same facility for over 100 years such very little progress, but at least they are trying. Hamilton mow and generally take care of the field. Edgy hats off have tried so hard to get their facility to the next level and are making sound progress, by and large from their own pockets.

I can recall when league and union grounds had permanent facility caretakers, and still happens today, looking after their facilities and cleaning, preparing, doing beyond and above the NCC scope of works. You see i see that as unfair to our code and just as that is not right, it is not right that we give handouts for zero effort. Simple as that.

Not sure where u got your info mate but Jaffas paid for grandstand and facilities out of their own pocket, NOT NCC
Newcastle football contributed to some cost which is why they share the ground.
Not NCC
The grand stand was actually erected by a volunteer in his late 60s single handedly!
Think u need to get the facts right before going on your Jaffas bash.
Cheers

Jaf Jaf
25-07-2013, 10:43 PM
And for your info, i agree NCC needs a synthetic pitch. Where? Well maybe behind Maccas at Broadmeadow would suit as part of that whole development by private enterprise not costing our council a dime. What about the clubs that have improved their facilities off their own back? Surely junior grounds would be better suited to synthetic pitches to get their games on because there are usually a lot more participants and therefore better value for money for councils?

I take it the Jafs are different to every other club to have the ability as "leasers" to ask for improvements to their ground? Problem is that all clubs are ground hirers and neither have a lease or are tenants. They may however be given exclusive seasonal use of a facility to a point. There are no "year long leasers" that i am aware off, where did that info from? Every ground in the NCC is based on "seasonal usage". You need to "apply" for usage every year with "historical users" of a facility given preference. This directly quoted by a recently departed council officer. Lets keep it factual.

Totally different to renting a house...
Totally incorrect again
Magic have a 99 year lease on their ground which is why they spend money themselves on improvements.

outsider
25-07-2013, 10:55 PM
SOUTH CARDIFF 3 JETS 0 FIRST GRADE
SOUTH CARDIFF 4 EMERGING JETS 2 UNDER 23

Saw BR but no sign of shovel or trench digger

CStein
25-07-2013, 11:26 PM
Not sure where u got your info mate but Jaffas paid for grandstand and facilities out of their own pocket, NOT NCC
Newcastle football contributed to some cost which is why they share the ground.
Not NCC
The grand stand was actually erected by a volunteer in his late 60s single handedly!
Think u need to get the facts right before going on your Jaffas bash.
Cheers

WOW... You are kidding right? That whole facility paid for by Jaffas... Seeing though you are in the know what was Newcastle Footballs contribution exactly?

Credit to the old fella, should have sent him over to help South Cardiff.

Thomas477
26-07-2013, 12:03 AM
Just thought you might like to know CStein, both Thornton and Cardiff aren't in NCC boundaries, so their relevance to the discussions about the Jaffas and NCC is totally irrelevant, it's up to them to go to MCC and LMCC. Plus I'm not an expert in lease law, so I won't comment.

But i like your point of having a synthetic pitch for juniors but I doubt the economics of it. It won't happen because within 6 months of it going down, it would need significant repairs coz some dickheads would vandalise it (think Walker Field). Plus, alot of grounds share with cricket during the summer, so I'm not sure how that would work.

And I think you need to be careful about making generalisations about clubs and volunteers. Just because a club doesn't have a facility of the standard of Wanderers, doesn't mean there isn't stuff going on in the background. Another point I'll make is a point I've already made before, not all clubs are lucky enough to have the support of organisations like Magic do, and credit to them for that. Finally, if you look at how many games are played at Edden Oval every week, the pitch is holding up quite well, as I'm sure Ulinga and Darling Street are as well, not many clubs can afford to only let their NBN teams play on the grounds.

CStein
26-07-2013, 12:57 AM
Just thought you might like to know CStein, both Thornton and Cardiff aren't in NCC boundaries, so their relevance to the discussions about the Jaffas and NCC is totally irrelevant, it's up to them to go to MCC and LMCC. Plus I'm not an expert in lease law, so I won't comment.

But i like your point of having a synthetic pitch for juniors but I doubt the economics of it. It won't happen because within 6 months of it going down, it would need significant repairs coz some dickheads would vandalise it (think Walker Field). Plus, alot of grounds share with cricket during the summer, so I'm not sure how that would work.

And I think you need to be careful about making generalisations about clubs and volunteers. Just because a club doesn't have a facility of the standard of Wanderers, doesn't mean there isn't stuff going on in the background. Another point I'll make is a point I've already made before, not all clubs are lucky enough to have the support of organisations like Magic do, and credit to them for that. Finally, if you look at how many games are played at Edden Oval every week, the pitch is holding up quite well, as I'm sure Ulinga and Darling Street are as well, not many clubs can afford to only let their NBN teams play on the grounds.

Good points. I dont disagree. I just feel disappointed that clubs tend to look at others with envy. Im no mouthpiece for Magic, but they have their shit together and they are obviously a benchmark for many clubs, and this is why i think they are doing a great job, just as i agree that Edgy deserve the GF next year and have worked hard to raise the bar. If clubs took the time to worry about improving their own lot and less on cutting down the clubs that are achieving then how much better would this comp be?

No criticism of volunteers, we are all volunteers somewhere along the lines... Not everything should be judged against magic either.

The major issue for Jaffas will be the continued funding of the playing roster. A very difficult task and my thoughts are that the Jaffas are paying big money this year. I recall reading Chris Sneddon in the herald a while ago still in NBN i think, stating that they were chasing titles and this would be achieved by having a strong player roster, and subsidised by local businesses and sponsors. Is this sustainable? I would not think so. The advantage is for many clubs that the less they need to spend on maintaining their facilities the more they have to spend on their playing roster. Not a criticism but hardly a sustainable footprint for a club.

I think from memory the pitch at Arthur Edden is oversown with winter grass. I think this is an $8000 project, every year. I was speaking to someone at the council depot and they tell me council cover these costs, not sure if that is the case with AE. This grass does tend to hold up exceptionally well for the winter months, but i think it looks good, but not the best of grass for playing football.

Jaf Jaf
26-07-2013, 09:07 AM
Good points. I dont disagree. I just feel disappointed that clubs tend to look at others with envy. Im no mouthpiece for Magic, but they have their shit together and they are obviously a benchmark for many clubs, and this is why i think they are doing a great job, just as i agree that Edgy deserve the GF next year and have worked hard to raise the bar. If clubs took the time to worry about improving their own lot and less on cutting down the clubs that are achieving then how much better would this comp be?

No criticism of volunteers, we are all volunteers somewhere along the lines... Not everything should be judged against magic either.

The major issue for Jaffas will be the continued funding of the playing roster. A very difficult task and my thoughts are that the Jaffas are paying big money this year. I recall reading Chris Sneddon in the herald a while ago still in NBN i think, stating that they were chasing titles and this would be achieved by having a strong player roster, and subsidised by local businesses and sponsors. Is this sustainable? I would not think so. The advantage is for many clubs that the less they need to spend on maintaining their facilities the more they have to spend on their playing roster. Not a criticism but hardly a sustainable footprint for a club.

I think from memory the pitch at Arthur Edden is oversown with winter grass. I think this is an $8000 project, every year. I was speaking to someone at the council depot and they tell me council cover these costs, not sure if that is the case with AE. This grass does tend to hold up exceptionally well for the winter months, but i think it looks good, but not the best of grass for playing football.

Hahah totally incorrect, YET AGAIN.
Be careful making generalizations about clubs u know nothing about!
Jaffas have 7 players in their first grade team who have never played nbn level before!
Do u think they are spending big dollars. Come on mate. They have 6 players under the age of 22. Do u think they are paying big $$?
They havnt got a Barcelona line up like magic! We have over achieved this year with the playing roster we had. The herald tipped us to come second last and you think we are paying big $!??
Do u put any thought into why u say or back up with any evidence!??
We can sustain this playing roster with canteen sales and gate takings it is so low. Young guys who don't have big names don't demand big money. We have 2 or 3 big names and that's it. We are not a star studded lineup demanding big money.

Thomas477
26-07-2013, 09:37 AM

I'll just say this before stepping out of the way, knowing Chris personally, he knows his shit and if he says its sustainable for the Jaffas to continue what they're doing, I'm going to believe him. Being the treasurer (I think), he'll have the best idea of what's sustainable for the club or not, as opposed to us looking from the outside in.

GazFish35
26-07-2013, 09:52 AM
Talked to TigerTurf today who are one of the two FIFA preferred world wide FIFA 2 level surface suppliers ( they manufacture in Australia).

Budget numbers:
$100 per sq m, earth works, installation, everything. So for 106 x 76m, $800,000.
If the club can supply the prepared compacted base, $40 per sq m. So only $320,000.

preety good numbers.
i remeber being in a convo with a one of the guys behind the getting the set up on the central coast up and running.
biggest cost in the construction was all the fencing apparently.

if managed properly an articfical pitch can become a money making machine.

Youaskedforit
26-07-2013, 09:56 AM
preety good numbers.
i remeber being in a convo with a one of the guys behind the getting the set up on the central coast up and running.

Isnt there some getting built at Speers Point ?

MFKS
26-07-2013, 11:16 AM
Isnt there some getting built at Speers Point ?

Requires government funding and as this is part of downtown Newy and the Hunter don't hold your breath

JCBT
26-07-2013, 11:49 AM
Jaffas have 7 players in their first grade team who have never played nbn level before!
Do u think they are spending big dollars. Come on mate. They have 6 players under the age of 22. Do u think they are paying big $$?
They havnt got a Barcelona line up like magic! We have over achieved this year with the playing roster we had. The herald tipped us to come second last and you think we are paying big $!??
We can sustain this playing roster with canteen sales and gate takings it is so low. Young guys who don't have big names don't demand big money. We have 2 or 3 big names and that's it. We are not a star studded lineup demanding big money.There was a bloke spruiking at a recent Jaffas home game about Jobe Wheelhouse being $1200 per week which is fully covered by sponsorship deals. If it's true then Jaffas need both a kick up the arse and a pat on the back. Firstly a pat on the back for getting this quality of sponsors and secondly the kick up the arse for wasting that amount of money of a player like Jobe, this will only force other players to push up their wage claims.
This bloke may not be accurate and it all could be false but it's being said.

TheBean
26-07-2013, 01:50 PM
My grandma told me Olympic are paying their ressies $400 a game each, not saying its true but if it is that is ridiculous by Olympic! Dunno if it's true but it's being said...

pv4
26-07-2013, 01:58 PM
preety good numbers.

I play Soccer5s down there each week, and I can confirm it is both absolutely amazing and a money making machine. The fencing didn't look cheap, he wouldn't have been lying!

Sweet FA Cup
26-07-2013, 02:21 PM
Does anyone know what happened in the U19 make up game between Jaffas and Valentine Tuesday night? I heard that a Valentine player broke his arm when he hacked a Jaffas player. The Jaffas guy retaliated and got marched. Score 1 - 0 to Valentine at the time. Match fizzled out while ambulance was on the way. Was there a result or does the game get played again?

Thomas477
26-07-2013, 02:39 PM
Does anyone know what happened in the U19 make up game between Jaffas and Valentine Tuesday night? I heard that a Valentine player broke his arm when he hacked a Jaffas player. The Jaffas guy retaliated and got marched. Score 1 - 0 to Valentine at the time. Match fizzled out while ambulance was on the way. Was there a result or does the game get played again?

Without knowing full details, and if 19s play injury time, but I would imagine all the players would have to remain on the pitch until the period is finished, whether or not that is half time or full time. If it was in the first half, there's 2 possible scenarios: the ref abandons the match due to severe injury and not being able to move the player off the field of play, or he continues on as per normal and after half time all the players should be on the field and ready to go, but the ref doesn't allow play to proceed while the injured player is being treated, as per normal, but with his stopwatch running. Should the 45 minutes expire before the injured player is moved, then he would blow for full time after the 45 minutes.

If it was in the second half, I would imagine the ref would just let time expire and blow full time, hence completing the fixture.

EH9
26-07-2013, 02:44 PM
If the match was abandoned prior to the 60th minute it will be replayed. If it occurred after this time then the result will stand.

q-money
26-07-2013, 04:21 PM
I play Soccer5s down there each week, and I can confirm it is both absolutely amazing and a money making machine. The fencing didn't look cheap, he wouldn't have been lying!
if the tenzo were smart they should look at turning those front courts into two 5 a side pitches

i play now and then at "insideout" behind the tennis centre at homebush, it's ****en mint!

GazFish35
26-07-2013, 04:34 PM

5-a-side at $10 a head - seven in your team... $140 for a 40 minute game, kick off every 45minutes, play 5 games a night per court/field have 6 fields going. $4200 a night. $25,000 a week keeping wednesday night empty to charge associations use of the full fields to play catch ups during the winter season. in summer start kids comps earlier in the arvo and get even more people through the gates.

good cash coming in. play all year round, in almost all weather
i did hear every bank the soccer5's went to were very keen to back it.

if a club could get a centre up and running (even at 70% capacity) before anyone else, they wouldnt be seen for dust.

Premy
26-07-2013, 05:51 PM
if the tenzo were smart they should look at turning those front courts into two 5 a side pitches

i play now and then at "insideout" behind the tennis centre at homebush, it's ****en mint!
I have thought this for some time them Front courts get wasted.

RANGER09
26-07-2013, 06:03 PM
5-a-side at $10 a head - seven in your team... $140 for a 40 minute game, kick off every 45minutes, play 5 games a night per court/field have 6 fields going. $4200 a night. $25,000 a week keeping wednesday night empty to charge associations use of the full fields to play catch ups during the winter season. in summer start kids comps earlier in the arvo and get even more people through the gates.

if a club could get a centre up and running (even at 70% capacity) before anyone else, they wouldnt be seen for dust.

Would be interesting to see how the Hockey fields are run across the road from Arther Eden, all artificial surface run all year round I think

magician
26-07-2013, 07:18 PM
My grandma told me Olympic are paying their ressies $400 a game each, not saying its true but if it is that is ridiculous by Olympic! Dunno if it's true but it's being said...

That's great money, but 100 % incorrect

Beast
26-07-2013, 07:48 PM
Haven't Valo used the hockey fields as a wet weather training facility. I know they use the tuggerah courts as well

wannabe
26-07-2013, 08:17 PM
We can sustain this playing roster with canteen sales and gate takings it is so low. Young guys who don't have big names don't demand big money. We have 2 or 3 big names and that's it. We are not a star studded lineup demanding big money.
?????? 7 players in first grade never played nbn first ,your having a laugh.
Ireland played in england and edgy,divine at Olympic,Wilkes at edgy,Pedro at lakes,sessions at west,ambergetti Olympic,Connor Evans westy,Abe jets youth,jobs torontn and jets captain,bogolakes,maj every club

punter
26-07-2013, 08:49 PM
Ireland played in england and edgy,divine at Olympic,Wilkes at edgy,Pedro at lakes,sessions at west,ambergetti Olympic,Connor Evans westy,Abe jets youth,jobs torontn and jets captain,bogolakes,maj every club

Well said wannabe, jaf jaf isn't that little bloke who puts all the money into the club and thinks he can coach is he.
The public isn't that stupid jaf jaf

De-Champ
26-07-2013, 09:32 PM

Not that easy. The problem with the Tenzo is one governmebt department owns the land, another is responsible fo the activity on it, plus council has a say on the use etc. I knew of a few business people that wanted to develop all that section of the Tennis area not just the front courts you are talking about but walked away when too much time was wasted in going from one government dept. to another.

seldom
26-07-2013, 11:40 PM

Not sure if this is the funniest or most stupid post ever on the foz...hang on my grandad has just informed me it's the funniest

MFKS
27-07-2013, 12:09 AM

Admitting to spending time and money supporting Gypo Football on the Foz :redcard: :(

hawk
27-07-2013, 12:33 AM

this is newy bra! $5 a head tops. still, 10k a week would get the tenz out of debt and into a palace within months

EH9
27-07-2013, 07:42 AM

Smarty played at Westy and Magic

pv4
27-07-2013, 09:24 AM
Admitting to spending time and money supporting Gypo Football on the Foz :redcard: :(

:rof: if only you knew the full story :oops: #runatme

But srsly - if you had one game down there you'd be hooked aswell. Legit can't wait for a place like it to get up and running at speers point.

Btw it's $60 per team for a 5aside game, regardless of how many players. They'd rake in a mint for sure.

TheBean
27-07-2013, 10:19 AM
that's great money, but 100 % incorrect

not sure if this is the funniest or most stupid post ever on the foz...hang on my grandad has just informed me it's the funniest

whooooooosh

plague
27-07-2013, 10:34 AM
5-a-side at $10 a head - seven in your team... $140 for a 40 minute game, kick off every 45minutes, play 5 games a night per court/field have 6 fields going. $4200 a night. $25,000 a week

Minus rent.
Minus wages.
Minus other employee expenses (super/workers comp about an extra 13% on top of wage bill).
Minus insurance on the premises.
Minus public liability insurance (massive for anything involving physical activity).
Minus admin fees (book work/external accounting).
Minus GST differential on your BAS.
Minus maintenance.
Minus any capital expenditure repayments including bank interest.
Minus advertising/marketing.
Minus security.
Minus utilities (electricity charges alone would be ridiculous).
Minus bribes for local officials to get it up and running (granted these are cheaper now that Labor isn't in charge).
Minus about a thousand other things I've forgotten it costs to run a business in this ****ern country.

Yeah nah, not quite the river of gold people think it is.

GazFish35
27-07-2013, 11:08 AM
No doubt its not as simple as charging for people to kick a ball, but I can't help but think that there is money to be made.

As mentioned the soccer5's business model was apparently strong enough for every bank they went to being happy to support it.

plague
27-07-2013, 12:16 PM
No doubt its not as simple as charging for people to kick a ball, but I can't help but think that there is money to be made.

As mentioned the soccer5's business model was apparently strong enough for every bank they went to being happy to support it.

Yeah, the banks will lend you all kinds of shit as long as they can secure it against stuff, like yo house. Then once they have you they become right c**ts. People that work in business banking are the WORST human beings possible.
Between them, and THE CORPORATIONS, we are all doomed.
Granted though, I'm straight in there if one of these places gets up and running.
and if its linked to the Jets for future revenue that would be even better.
We could get Middleby to run it.

(Some player scores 6 goals for his team and Middleby transfers him to the Chinese 5 aside association for free).
I think I'm still drunk from last night.

Sorry for busting your balls.

GazFish35
27-07-2013, 12:41 PM
Apparently the only conditions placed on soccer5s was that Middleby was to be nowhere near it!

Ha!

MFKS
27-07-2013, 05:46 PM
:rof: if only you knew the full story :oops: #runatme

But srsly - if you had one game down there you'd be hooked aswell. Legit can't wait for a place like it to get up and running at speers point.

Btw it's $60 per team for a 5aside game, regardless of how many players. They'd rake in a mint for sure.

I have seen it went I went down to watch Jets Yoof play Gypos last season. Does look a good facility though even if Gypo. Shame we don't have anything close to it

MFKS
27-07-2013, 06:00 PM
Jets Yoof 1 Edgy 3 FT

Kale with a penalty after about 8 mins.:fap: Jets well on top for the first 20 mins . Kale should have had a hatty in the first 15mins. Two 1 on 1's with keeper. First one keeper got a leg on second one he belted high and wide. Fill your boots son.:mad:

Game turned when Blake Green ****ed up a back pass header to the keeper and left it well short of the keeper. Edgy player nipped in and keeper had no hope.

Just minutes before half time a penalty to Edgy for an iffy challenge. Looked like Jets defender got ball then tokk the Edgy attacker from where I was but ref pointed to the spot. Well taken pen from Palozzi. Solari had a right crack at saving it but pen was too good.

Second half **** ME DEAD.

Edgy hit the woodwork 5 times and missed a penalty. 3 times off crossbar twice off post. Edgy well on top by this stage and it looked only a matter of time with the frequancy the woodwork saving Jets. Penalty put wide and you thought might get a game happening here. Reprieve was short lived with Joel Wood cooly converting a one on one.

Game petered out towards the end until with about 10 to go. Two players with their hands all over one another.Looked like they both had one another by the throat. Ref booked Edgy player Dodd. Brother of the legend Karl Dodd and Jets Fitness guru. Other bloke got a way scot free with pout a booking. Poor Kale though will be running laps Kasey stytle forever now. Fancy picking a fight with the fitness trainers brother.

Have to ask some serious questions as to what is going on with this team. 16 games and No clean sheets . Lost 5 on the trot now and look second rate. The central defenders are prone to glaring pea brain errors and the midfield is anonymous defensively. Even poor Kale looks a pale imitation of himself playing with this pile of shite

Poor bloke gets **** all ball looks low on confidence and appears to be struggling with the lack of talent around him.

My2BobsWorth
27-07-2013, 06:03 PM
New avatar?

MFKS
27-07-2013, 06:05 PM
New avatar?

Had it for about 2 months now???

My2BobsWorth
27-07-2013, 06:34 PM
Yes I know, Kale's obviously on the slide so maybe time to change

27-07-2013, 06:55 PM
Jaffas 2-1 over Olympic

Fairgo
27-07-2013, 10:24 PM
Jets Yoof 1 Edgy 3 FT

Kale with a penalty after about 8 mins.:fap: Jets well on top for the first 20 mins . Kale should have had a hatty in the first 15mins. Two 1 on 1's with keeper. First one keeper got a leg on second one he belted high and wide. Fill your boots son.:mad:

Game turned when Blake Green ****ed up a back pass header to the keeper and left it well short of the keeper. Edgy player nipped in and keeper had no hope.

Just minutes before half time a penalty to Edgy for an iffy challenge. Looked like Jets defender got ball then tokk the Edgy attacker from where I was but ref pointed to the spot. Well taken pen from Palozzi. Solari had a right crack at saving it but pen was too good.

Edgy hit the woodwork 5 times and missed a penalty. 3 times off crossbar twice off post. Edgy well on top by this stage and it looked only a matter of time with the frequancy the woodwork saving Jets. Penalty put wide and you thought might get a game happening here. Reprieve was short lived with Joel Wood cooly converting a one on one.

Game petered out towards the end until with about 10 to go. Two players with their hands all over one another.Looked like they both had one another by the throat. Ref booked Edgy player Dodd. Brother of the legend Karl Dodd and Jets Fitness guru. Other bloke got a way scot free with pout a booking. Poor Kale though will be running laps Kasey stytle forever now. Fancy picking a fight with the fitness trainers brother.

Have to ask some serious questions as to what is going on with this team. 16 games and No clean sheets . Lost 5 on the trot now and look second rate. The central defenders are prone to glaring pea brain errors and the midfield is anonymous defensively. Even poor Kale looks a pale imitation of himself playing with this pile of shite

Poor bloke gets **** all ball looks low on confidence and appears to be struggling with the lack of talent around him.

MFKS I have watched most of the yoof games this year and do not totally agree of your often blame on the defence. The way they play the game is from the back so naturally going to have high volume and work load and can put themselves under a lot of needless pressure. The same happens with the first team GVE method. I believe from what I have seen the front third has been very poor with lack of decision making lack of finishing poor touches and laziness(do not work off the ball or work back) sorry to say it but this does include Kale. The midfield is often missing and gives little support to the defenders playing out. Had a quick look at player stats tonight from sportingpulse as of last weeks game:
Goals scored 29
Kale Bradbery Goals 13 Games played 12
Nick Cowburn 4 14
Brandon Lundy 2 14
Radovan Pavicevic 2 12
Koh Satake 2 10
Michael Finlayson 2 12
Luke Remington 1 14
Mitchell Oxborrow 1 8
Robert Russell 1 12
Josh Sansucie 1 1
I think this speaks for itself when the 2nd highest scorer is a defender. I have watched so many games where the ball and player are in front of the goals but still do not shoot or waste with poor finishing, FFS so many lost opportunities. Just from my observation, we all see things differently though. :sigh:

GazFish35
27-07-2013, 11:27 PM
That's great news Fairgo!
Great data.

Proves the GVE method is on par with the best in the world.

Wenger is producing similar poor stats!

MFKS
28-07-2013, 11:38 AM
MFKS I have watched most of the yoof games this year and do not totally agree of your often blame on the defence. The way they play the game is from the back so naturally going to have high volume and work load and can put themselves under a lot of needless pressure. The same happens with the first team GVE method. I believe from what I have seen the front third has been very poor with lack of decision making lack of finishing poor touches and laziness(do not work off the ball or work back) sorry to say it but this does include Kale. The midfield is often missing and gives little support to the defenders playing out. Had a quick look at player stats tonight from sportingpulse as of last weeks game:
Goals scored 29
Kale Bradbery Goals 13 Games played 12
Nick Cowburn 4 14
Brandon Lundy 2 14
Radovan Pavicevic 2 12
Koh Satake 2 10
Michael Finlayson 2 12
Luke Remington 1 14
Mitchell Oxborrow 1 8
Robert Russell 1 12
Josh Sansucie 1 1
I think this speaks for itself when the 2nd highest scorer is a defender. I have watched so many games where the ball and player are in front of the goals but still do not shoot or waste with poor finishing, FFS so many lost opportunities. Just from my observation, we all see things differently though. :sigh:

The front 3rd rarely recieve the ball with a shooting opportunity. Yesterday the best chances they had were in the first 15 mins and then after that the only shots they got in were from well outside the box.

As for the defense of the defenders. I am calling a spade a spade.Defensively they are complete shit. They don't mark up at all, they make glaring pea brain **** ups and are unable to keep a clean sheet.

Yesterdays efforts saw Edgy miss a pen and hit the woodwork 5 times on 4 different plays. So if they had of gone in we are looking at conceeding 8-9 comfortably.

Dribble on with stats about strikers and goals scored all you like. I have a glaring stat for you 16 games and no clean sheet.

The problems with this team lie with the lack of creativity in the side through the midfield and the lazyness of their defenders

militiamon
28-07-2013, 02:15 PM
Jets Yoof 1 Edgy 3 FT

Excellent match report as always MFKS. A certain C Deans taking over the reins wouldn't have anything to do with the recent reversal of form, would he?

Captain Obvious
28-07-2013, 02:28 PM
A certain C Deans taking over the reins wouldn't have anything to do with the recent reversal of form, would he?

Hi.

JCBT
28-07-2013, 02:33 PM
**** off smart arse, I was only posting what I've heard at the game. I didn't say it was true or false but just that I heard it.

Fairgo
28-07-2013, 03:01 PM
The front 3rd rarely recieve the ball with a shooting opportunity. Yesterday the best chances they had were in the first 15 mins and then after that the only shots they got in were from well outside the box.

As for the defense of the defenders. I am calling a spade a spade.Defensively they are complete shit. They don't mark up at all, they make glaring pea brain **** ups and are unable to keep a clean sheet.

Yesterdays efforts saw Edgy miss a pen and hit the woodwork 5 times on 4 different plays. So if they had of gone in we are looking at conceeding 8-9 comfortably.

Dribble on with stats about strikers and goals scored all you like. I have a glaring stat for you 16 games and no clean sheet.

The problems with this team lie with the lack of creativity in the side through the midfield and the lazyness of their defenders

Just talking about the season in general. In all teams the defence starts upfront. As you said "The front 3rd rarely recieve the ball with a shooting opportunity"(how easy would that be) that is some thing they have to try and create by working not by trying to run over the top of the defenders or passing to players that are heavily defended and loose possession. How many games have they dominated with possession but just can not finish. You have to shoot at goal to score and take those chances. As I said before we all see things differently. :sparring:

supasub
28-07-2013, 04:22 PM
Magic v Valo result?

Youaskedforit
28-07-2013, 04:24 PM
Azurri 4 lakes 3 ft

MFKS
28-07-2013, 05:58 PM
Magic v Valo result?

Ft 3-1 Magic

Phoenix scored after 2 mins and Brady Parker equalised after about 10 mins

1-1 at HT until Phoenix gave away a clumsy pen for no reason by bundling Haynes over in the box after a few mins of second half. Haynes duly converted and a couple of mins later Parker bagged his brace with a neat finish.

Phoenix kept coming and hit bar twice and post once with Bowling well beaten.

u23's Magic 4-2
U19's Magic 3-0
U17's Magic 2-0

MFKS
28-07-2013, 06:10 PM
Just talking about the season in general. In all teams the defence starts upfront. As you said "The front 3rd rarely recieve the ball with a shooting opportunity"(how easy would that be) that is some thing they have to try and create by working not by trying to run over the top of the defenders or passing to players that are heavily defended and loose possession. How many games have they dominated with possession but just can not finish. You have to shoot at goal to score and take those chances. As I said before we all see things differently. :sparring:

I wouldn't say their finishing is overtly poor. They spend far too much time keeping possession rather than playing the ball that may lose possession but if successful will create a chance/ trouble for the defence. This is down to the shitty coaching philosophy they have to endure. 99% of the time they get a corner they take it short. This is alright as an occassional tactic but why all the ****ing time?? That also said if you are gonna take it short why put 5-6 blokes in the box so half your team are in the opponents penalty box and out of position when you lose the ball and the opponent counters.

As for the defending starts fro the front what type of bullshit statement is that?? The goals ain't coming from the strikers defending 60-70 yards up the park from the goal. they are coming from the work/lack of work 0-40 metres from the goal by the midfielders/defenders

Defending starts by actually marking your man, putting them under some form of pressure when they have the ball and applying yourself with the right attitude and commitment in defence. All I see is a bunch of posers in midfield who allow there opponents to waltz on through, a back line who allows a lone striker to drop off receive balls and turn with enough time to roll a cigarette and check the bus timetable before starting a counter despite the Jets Yoof having a 3-1 advantage. Then after doing this the 3 are not bothering to pick up the runners who have run through in support.

As Militia said Deans involvement. How could I ****ing forget:banghead:

JCBT
28-07-2013, 06:17 PM
Bears v Southy 1-1.
Shit game. Southy scored with a minute to go in the 1st half with a perfectly placed bending shot that left the Bears keeper standing there and admiring the effort into the far corner, Weston scored in the final minute of the 2nd half to equalise from a well hit low shot that took a deflection and beat the Southy keeper. Both sides were poor and blokes like ForeverRed can not bag any side for playing shit football after todays exhibition.

MFKS
28-07-2013, 06:20 PM
Bears v Southy 1-1.
Shit game. Southy scored with a minute to go in the 1st half with a perfectly placed bending shot that left the Bears keeper standing there and admiring the effort into the far corner, Weston scored in the final minute of the 2nd half to equalise from a well hit low shot that took a deflection and beat the Southy keeper. Both sides were poor and blokes like ForeverRed can not bag any side for playing shit football after todays exhibition.

How do you rate Westons chances for the title???

They are up there all year but when I have seen them I have had no idea as to why.

Watching Magic today they got the points but were not really impressive and look vulnerable defensively as they have every time I have seen them.

Seems a wide open comp for whoever can get their act together in the next weeks

JCBT
28-07-2013, 06:25 PM
How do you rate Westons chances for the title???

They are up there all year but when I have seen them I have had no idea as to why.

Watching Magic today they got the points but were not really impressive and look vulnerable defensively as they have every time I have seen them.

Seems a wide open comp for whoever can get their act together in the next weeks
Hard to say because they have had 4 games in 2 weeks so are clearly flat but unless they improve and start to play better football they won't get to the Grand Final. One thing to remember about Weston is that once they get to the Semi's anything can happen and the mongrel that is always in a side from Weston could easily be the difference.

Magic are a great side and Jaffa's could still be a dark horse.

seldom
28-07-2013, 06:27 PM
not sure Jaffas are a dark horse anymore

De-Champ
29-07-2013, 10:04 AM
I'd say they are a brown horse with a tinge of yellow.

Local Rules
29-07-2013, 11:15 AM
I'd say they are a brown horse with a tinge of yellow.

You obviously haven't seen them too many times this year as they are now a White horse with a touch of yellow. I believe they want to show off both cumming and going.

De-Champ
29-07-2013, 12:45 PM
You are correct .. I have not seen them at all this year.

ForeverRed
29-07-2013, 06:43 PM
south cardiff to announce 2014 coach tomorrow

Youaskedforit
29-07-2013, 06:54 PM

May as well just tell us now fr :)

Bremsstrahlung
29-07-2013, 06:55 PM

Herald scoop? Or will we hear it, here, from you first?

Previous NBN experience? My money's on Miner or Smith.

late_to_the_game
29-07-2013, 06:59 PM
So Valentine will finish last - the big question is:

Can/Will NNSW do anything other than relegate them, given the loop hole provided by the whole NPL licencing process?

I can imagine Rosebuds starting a civil war if they don't get promoted......

newie4eva
29-07-2013, 07:16 PM
Herald scoop? Or will we hear it, here, from you first?

Previous NBN experience? My money's on Miner or Smith.

I heard 4 names mentioned as having applied:

Greg Asquith (19s coach)
Darren Sills
Alex Butt (I think his first name was Alex)
Tappy (late application expected)

not sure if others have applied but these were the names mentioned.

Will be very interesting to know who it will actually be (probably none of the above lol)

MFKS
29-07-2013, 07:27 PM

Probably buying Charlie the Chook from Charlestown Toyota and putting him at the Chicken Coop as a prized signing

Bremsstrahlung
29-07-2013, 07:40 PM

Greg Asquith (19s coach)
Darren Sills

Will be very interesting to know who it will actually be (probably none of the above lol)

Would like to see Asquith move up to 23s/Assistant does a good job with most of his teams...Lack of experience with First grade players may count against him. Not a bad option though with a few years of no "promotion/relegation".
Alex Butt, was he a junior grades coach at Southy?
No thanks sorry Tappy.

newie4eva
29-07-2013, 08:29 PM

Greg Asquith (19s coach)
Darren Sills

sorry just remembered that Scott Baillie was also mentioned.

seldom
29-07-2013, 10:48 PM

Greg Asquith (19s coach)
Darren Sills

Jeez...if these are the only candidates I'll tip the 19s coach

punter
29-07-2013, 10:54 PM

Did Southy target there new coach or did he apply FR

Onehunglow
29-07-2013, 11:15 PM

Chris Miner is my tip...... no inside info just a gut feeling

punter
29-07-2013, 11:28 PM
Chris Miner is my tip...... no inside info just a gut feeling

Greg smith

punter
29-07-2013, 11:30 PM
What about the guy who was up there a before Piggott , I think he is over at Olympic doing 17's or 19's

Premy
29-07-2013, 11:32 PM
I heard MFKS has been heavily linked to head Coach position after FR highly recommended him to the board.:roflz:

Onehunglow
29-07-2013, 11:39 PM
I heard MFKS has been heavily linked to head Coach position after FR highly recommended him to the board.:roflz:

The member would be good value, he could attract a quality young striker and write a great match report in the programme:grin:

newie4eva
30-07-2013, 08:11 AM
FROM TODAY'S HERALD:

South Cardiff will today announce under-19s coach Greg Asquith as their head coach for the next two years.

Asquith will take over from Steve Piggott, who will coach Weston after five years in charge of the Gunners.

Hamilton assistant Phil Koina and Toronto-Awaba's Scott Baillie were also linked to the South Cardiff job.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1670207/broadmeadow-magic-coach-hunt/?cs=306
(at the bottom of the Magic story)

Will be an interesting appointment if true and a great opportunity for a nice guy.

ForeverRed
30-07-2013, 08:50 AM
FROM TODAY'S HERALD:

South Cardiff will today announce under-19s coach Greg Asquith as their head coach for the next two years.

Asquith will take over from Steve Piggott, who will coach Weston after five years in charge of the Gunners.

Hamilton assistant Phil Koina and Toronto-Awaba's Scott Baillie were also linked to the South Cardiff job.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1670207/broadmeadow-magic-coach-hunt/?cs=306
(at the bottom of the Magic story)

Will be an interesting appointment if true and a great opportunity for a nice guy.
True

Youaskedforit
30-07-2013, 08:57 AM
True

Good appointment mate, but why couldnt yous go with Scott Baillie ;)

ForeverRed
30-07-2013, 09:20 AM
Good appointment mate, but why couldnt yous go with Scott Baillie ;)

Doesn't like chooks

Zico
30-07-2013, 10:25 AM
Doesn't like chooks
:roflz:

immersion
30-07-2013, 11:02 AM
Doesn't like chooks

Surely Southy wouldn't have wanted him in the first place?

Pretty big jump from 19's to 1st grade. What do you think of Greg's ability to get players to the club considering he wouldn't had much time to build relationships with 1st grade players from around the competition, since he is making the jump from 19's to the top tier?

Premy
30-07-2013, 11:14 AM
Surely Southy wouldn't have wanted him in the first place?

Pretty big jump from 19's to 1st grade. What do you think of Greg's ability to get players to the club considering he wouldn't had much time to build relationships with 1st grade players from around the competition, since he is making the jump from 19's to the top tier?
Considering the New NPL League will be about developing your own talent and not pinching other clubs this appointment makes sense

Keep the long balls short
30-07-2013, 11:19 AM
Great vision by the South cardiff I hope it works out well for the Gunners as they are clearly thinking ahead here. I also hope that Greg gets the time sometimes needed to develop his own ideas etc as he is a smashing coach.

Interesting times at Magic as well.... Please stay away from our coaching staff at Adamstown as we will be gutted if they get snapped up before they get a chance to take Adamstown in the NBN on further still develop the buds at the top level again .. where we belong :-)

immersion
30-07-2013, 11:40 AM
Considering the New NPL League will be about developing your own talent and not pinching other clubs this appointment makes sense

A more than valid point.

In slightly different direction. What happens to players who have a falling out with a club, or wish to leave a club for whatever reason good or bad. With the 8 points incurred with a player transferring and with most clubs operating at the threshold of 200-250 points. How are players expected to move?

I see this possible points system promoting youth but getting rid of players that are high quality players to lower leagues thanks to to the system not being able to cater for them.

Players learn as much or more from their peers. Having the possibility of good players leaving the competition prematurely is that in the best interest for youth development?

EH9
30-07-2013, 12:14 PM
I think it's a great appointment. Greg knows the players at the club and the culture so he will simply build on that. Well done to Southy for looking within.

punter
30-07-2013, 12:18 PM
Doesn't like chooks

Can you confirm FR who Greg beat to get the job

Zico
30-07-2013, 12:31 PM
Why the **** would he post on a internet forum who else applied for the job? I'm sure the blokes who missed out would not be happy to have it known on here! Have a think about what you post before you post stupidity like that.

ForeverRed
30-07-2013, 12:47 PM
No sorry, all in confidence,

seldom
30-07-2013, 01:21 PM
I think it's a great appointment. Greg knows the players at the club and the culture so he will simply build on that. Well done to Southy for looking within.

self love

backstick
30-07-2013, 01:34 PM
Has anyone heard who is in line to coach Magic next year?

hawk
30-07-2013, 02:37 PM
Why the **** would he post on a internet forum who else applied for the job? I'm sure the blokes who missed out would not be happy to have it known on here! Have a think about what you post before you post stupidity like that.

Its all our business who we support, out the losers.

Zico
30-07-2013, 02:58 PM
No sorry, all in confidence,
I won't say this very often ForeverRed but well done on handling this question in this way.

Zico
30-07-2013, 03:00 PM
Its all our business who we support, out the losers.
Quickest way to get a slur on your club is to make information like that common knowledge. Southy have handled this quiet well and kept it all in house.

ForeverRed
30-07-2013, 03:01 PM
And the herald were only speculating today also

Bremsstrahlung
30-07-2013, 04:04 PM
And the herald were only speculating today also

I don't think anyone can deny Southy are a very loyal club. Try to promote from within whenever feasible.
Will be interesting to see how he goes as a head coach. Probably made some good connections when he was playing, did a good job with the U/19s at Southy a few years ago, Magic 23s assistant for half the year last year, before returning to Southy.
Good bloke, gets along well with players, really good balance between hard work and "fun". Promotes an enjoyable atmosphere which I believe leads to happier players.
Good on him and Southy.

MFKS
30-07-2013, 04:27 PM
A more than valid point.

In slightly different direction. What happens to players who have a falling out with a club, or wish to leave a club for whatever reason good or bad. With the 8 points incurred with a player transferring and with most clubs operating at the threshold of 200-250 points. How are players expected to move?

I see this possible points system promoting youth but getting rid of players that are high quality players to lower leagues thanks to to the system not being able to cater for them.

Players learn as much or more from their peers. Having the possibility of good players leaving the competition prematurely is that in the best interest for youth development?

If these players are quality they will get picked up anyway. If they ain't quality they won't and will filter down to new FM ZPL where they belong.

You make a point about high quality players having a falling out now lets just speculate say a (Peter Haynes or a Scott Petit or a Johnny Maj as examples of high quality players at this level in my eyes) had a falling out at their club and wanted to go else where don't you think that 90% of NBN clubs wouldn't move heaven and earth to sign them??

I think you have very little idea of this system and don't understand it.

Clubs can still sign players if they want them. They just won't be able to sign 8-12 top quality ones each year as some clubs have done in the past

Zico
30-07-2013, 04:38 PM
If these players are quality they will get picked up anyway. If they ain't quality they won't and will filter down to new FM ZPL where they belong.

You make a point about high quality players having a falling out now lets just speculate say a (Peter Haynes or a Scott Petit or a Johnny Maj as examples of high quality players at this level in my eyes) had a falling out at their club and wanted to go else where don't you think that 90% of NBN clubs wouldn't move heaven and earth to sign them??

Clubs can still sign players if they want them. They just won't be able to sign 8-12 top quality ones each year as some clubs have done in the past
I think you are looking at it from purely a Jets supporters perspective and not a local football supporter. I've tried to sit back and look at this from both views and I must say that in the future that it looks to be very restrictive on clubs. You are a very passionate Jets supporter who (from your posts) has little to no time for the local game or respect for local clubs and I feel this has clouded your opinion on this area.

immersion
30-07-2013, 04:47 PM

I see what your saying. i didn't for it to come across that players couldn't move.

Lets put it this way. Peter Haynes well established player in the comp, would be a good mentor considering he works for Northern, hence he should be doing all he can to develop young players.

Hypothetically he has falling out with his club in game 3 of the season. So clubs have allocated their points and are at or near the 200-250 point (depending on the year). So for a club to want to sign Peter they would have to remove probably 1 to 2 player at least to make room for Peter in their point allocation.

Now who would a team remove to make room for Peter? a young player or two who hasn't got any record in 1st grade or someone that who is a proven fringe player that can do well when needed throughout the season? Now this question can taken in many different ways. But when it comes down to it, do people pick youth which could cost results, or do they pick results? Now i am aware that that the quality of the youth players and fringe players have to be taken into account to make a decision.

But on face value you mention that teams would move heaven and earth to sign a player like him. Possibly meaning that they would pick the proven fringe player over youth, which you can blame someone for making that decision. But This contradicts the overall purpose of the points system.

P.S KB was poo in the second half against Edgy on the weekend. Though he could of had a hatty.

immersion
30-07-2013, 04:53 PM
I think you are looking at it from purely a Jets supporters perspective and not a local football supporter. I've tried to sit back and look at this from both views and I must say that in the future that it looks to be very restrictive on clubs. You are a very passionate Jets supporter who (from your posts) has little to no time for the local game or respect for local clubs and I feel this has clouded your opinion on this area.

I completely agree with all your comments. Clubs are going to find it very hard to manage teams over the next couples of years especially. Then inter-club youth systems might start providing valuable fruit.

Do the Jets Youth have to abide by these points rules or are they free to keep importing average players from around the country?

MFKS
30-07-2013, 05:25 PM

Exactly how is it restrictive??

The figures that come out the other week showed 1 club already under it 5-6 in a position to get under it next season with a tweak or two and a few with some work to do. If clubs are developing juniors and bringing them through the grades to play first grade they will be rewarded with more flexibility in this point system. Clubs who do little in developing players and only wish to purchase and pilfer from others are not rewarded.

As you keep hammering on about the club aspect of things surely this is a good thing where clubs who want to be a REAL CLUB are rewarded as opposed to those who do **** all and pilfer off others.

As for the effects on the Jets Yoof why would I care?? They will have little effect anyway on them as the kids are under 20 anyway and in time the kids will have come through the Emerging Jets system anyway. Your clubs benefit by picking up the kids who depart the Jets Yoof system and filter back into the NBN clubs anyway with a no punishments for picking these players up anyways.

Zico I think you are making absolute mountains out of mole hills. This system will work with **** all trouble for clubs and in a few years time most won't bat an eyelid to it

ForeverRed
30-07-2013, 06:02 PM
I would hate to see a club lose 5 to 6 first team players in the off season, would be very hard to sign new ones and stay under the points , another reason why southy signed who they did as coach, magic and lakes need to be careful who they gain as coaches for next season so as to retain most current first graders

Bremsstrahlung
30-07-2013, 06:07 PM
How do clubs determine their "Top 20". Is there a criteria clubs must follow when selecting their top 20?
What's to say clubs won't register their 19 year old superstar as a Top 20 player, rather as an Under 19 year old who has been promoted*? Conversely, what's to stop say Jaffas saying that Maj isn't in their Top 20 players? Are players who are overage automatically included in the Top 20? What about 17 year olds who have played first grade? Southy have a few young players who have played/benched for first grade, are they ineligible to be registered as U/19 players?

Not having a go at the system. Just curious if there are any guidelines clubs must follow or whether "creative player management" comes into it.

*Maybe this is ok, based on the fact that the system is meant to be about promoting players.

ForeverRed
30-07-2013, 06:21 PM
How do clubs determine their "Top 20". Is there a criteria clubs must follow when selecting their top 20?
What's to say clubs won't register their 19 year old superstar as a Top 20 player, rather as an Under 19 year old who has been promoted*? Conversely, what's to stop say Jaffas saying that Maj isn't in their Top 20 players? Are players who are overage automatically included in the Top 20? What about 17 year olds who have played first grade? Southy have a few young players who have played/benched for first grade, are they ineligible to be registered as U/19 players?

Not having a go at the system. Just curious if there are any guidelines clubs must follow or whether "creative player management" comes into it.

*Maybe this is ok, based on the fact that the system is meant to be about promoting players.
Only your top 20 can play first grade, changes can be made during the season as long as you stay under 250 points, so your so called super stars need to be included

Bremsstrahlung
30-07-2013, 06:22 PM
Excellent. Thanks very much for that.

ForeverRed
30-07-2013, 10:34 PM
Magic 3 nil over lakes, should wrap it up on Saturday night against jets youth

wannabe
01-08-2013, 03:05 PM
What a round of fixtures this weekend,my predictions
Magic 3 Jets 1
Olympic 2 Edgy 1
Southy 1 Jaffas 0
Weston 2 Lakes 2
Charlestown 5 Valo 2
That should leave the table with one round left
Magic 36 minor premiers
Jaffas 29
Olympic 27
Edgy 26
Southy 26
Weston 25
Charlestown 23
What a last round that would set up
Olympic needing to beat magic for a top 3 spot
Weston needing to beat jaffas to make semis
Edgy or sought needing to win and hoping Olympic lose to finish top 3
Charlestown needing to beat jets by a few and hope southy and Weston to lose to sneak in back door.
Best finish to a season in many a year

ForeverRed
01-08-2013, 03:18 PM
Magic 3 Jets 1
Olympic 2 Edgy 1
Southy 1 Jaffas 0
Weston 2 Lakes 2
Charlestown 5 Valo 2
Magic 36 minor premiers
Jaffas 29
Olympic 27
Edgy 26
Southy 26
Weston 25
Charlestown 23
Charlestown needing to beat jets by a few and hope sought and Weston to lose to sneak in back door.

Does this mean all Southy people are good sought(s)

cobra23
01-08-2013, 03:21 PM
Magic 3 Jets 1
Olympic 2 Edgy 1
Southy 1 Jaffas 0
Weston 2 Lakes 2
Charlestown 5 Valo 2
Magic 36 minor premiers
Jaffas 29
Olympic 27
Edgy 26
Southy 26
Weston 25
Charlestown 23
Charlestown needing to beat jets by a few and hope sought and Weston to lose to sneak in back door.

And Better yet, Edgy to smash olympic and next week Magic beat olympic = No finals for Oympic

and who the hell is Sought

Local Rules
01-08-2013, 03:21 PM
Magic 3 Jets 1
Olympic 2 Edgy 1
Southy 1 Jaffas 0
Weston 2 Lakes 2
Charlestown 5 Valo 2
Magic 36 minor premiers
Jaffas 29
Olympic 27
Edgy 26
Southy 26
Weston 25
Charlestown 23

Having watched Lambton the last few games I think Southy will be pushing it to beat them and with Lakes playing midweek against Magic I think Weston will be too strong which will throw them right up there. Do agree it is good to see so many still in the mix with two rounds to go and anyone can finish anywhere in the 5.

wannabe
01-08-2013, 03:28 PM
Having watched Lambton the last few games I think Southy will be pushing it to beat them and with Lakes playing midweek against Magic I think Weston will be too strong which will throw them right up there. Do agree it is good to see so many still in the mix with two rounds to go and anyone can finish anywhere in the 5.

Don't think lamb ton have been that great local. If it wasn't for Ireland in goals last week they would have been down by 4 at halftime

wannabe
01-08-2013, 03:40 PM

Don't think lamb ton have been that great local. If it wasn't for Ireland in goals last week they would have been down by 4 at halftime

cobra23
01-08-2013, 03:46 PM
your also forgetting AZZURRI,
they are only 4 behind olympic with should be wins against valentine and jets there last 2 games..

wannabe
01-08-2013, 03:50 PM
your also forgetting AZZURRI,
they are only 4 behind olympic with should be wins against valentine and jets there last 2 games..

I am sure in my original post I said charlestown(azzurri) to beat jets by a few to sneak in back door

cobra23
02-08-2013, 10:37 AM
I am sure in my original post I said charlestown(azzurri) to beat jets by a few to sneak in back door

sorry mate you did,

ForeverRed
03-08-2013, 07:31 PM
Azzurri 7 valentine 1, hopefully never see Cahill oval in nbn state league again, good riddance

outsider
03-08-2013, 07:54 PM
Azzurri 7 valentine 1, hopefully never see Cahill oval in nbn state league again, good riddance

Another wonderful afternoon at Cahill Oval-NOT.The best bit was the streaker in reggies-think that his mate must have called him little Dick to cause the fight that started after it.

Playitonthedeck
03-08-2013, 09:20 PM
Magic 2-0 over jets youth not a bad game

ForeverRed
03-08-2013, 10:44 PM
Congrats broadmeadow

seldom
04-08-2013, 12:38 AM
Congrats broadmeadow

what have you blokes done to ForeverRed

Jardelsimage
04-08-2013, 06:21 PM
2-0 to the gunners
chook shed full of old cocks making plenty of noise, unofficial old boys?
first time I have watched jaffas in the top comp, dressed in white, what happened to baby shit yellow and brown strip.
FR what happened to the food??????

ForeverRed
04-08-2013, 06:31 PM
I ate it all

04-08-2013, 07:11 PM
Olympic 4-1 over Edgworth

magician
04-08-2013, 07:54 PM
And Better yet, Edgy to smash olympic and next week Magic beat olympic = No finals for Oympic

and who the hell is Sought
Eat your words pal. Edgy loving the long ball, hopefully southy can do the league a favour by knocking them out

wannabe
04-08-2013, 08:03 PM
Eat your words pal. Edgy loving the long ball, hopefully southy can do the league a favour by knocking them out

What was that,edgy loving the long ball and not Olympic,are you sure magician

magician
04-08-2013, 08:24 PM
What was that,edgy loving the long ball and not Olympic,are you sure magician

Well I was at the game, both teams did knock it long, one team more than the other

Zico
04-08-2013, 08:27 PM
2-0 to the gunners
chook shed full of old cocks making plenty of noise, unofficial old boys?
first time I have watched jaffas in the top comp, dressed in white, what happened to baby shit yellow and brown strip.
FR what happened to the food??????
:wtf:

JCBT
04-08-2013, 09:33 PM
Can the Bears finish 3rd and go all the way? They are due for a Grand Final win after a loss in their previous 3. Maybe a 13th grand final win could be on the cards for the mighty bears?

seldom
04-08-2013, 10:18 PM
Can the Bears finish 3rd and go all the way? They are due for a Grand Final win after a loss in their previous 3. Maybe a 13th grand final win could be on the cards for the mighty bears?

Or will the bears lose next week,edgy and southy draw and weston miss out on goal difference

Zico
04-08-2013, 11:27 PM
Or will the bears lose next week,edgy and southy draw and weston miss out on goal difference
Is the game at the chicken shed or Edgy's nest? Either way I can't see the Bears missing out on the finals.

spamg172
05-08-2013, 08:49 AM
The way some people say long ball, you'd think they were referring to giving a new born puppy the Aids. At some stage you have to try to play the ball in behind the last line or they can just sit up high and flood the midfield. I agree it gets boring if it happens all day, but if the threat is there it gives ur mids the chance of getting some space to do their thing.

immersion
05-08-2013, 09:45 AM

i was unlucky enough to be able to watch both teams play a pretty ordinary style of football. Olympic by far the deserved winners. Though there were some controversial decisions. On another day the match could have ended up completely different with the way the referees make their decisions.

Greg anderson pulling back on the edgeworth front when he was almost 1v1 with the keeper was interesting, another referee may have sent him off. Then the edgeworth front man had what i thought was a clear cut penalty in the second half. I think the referee called that he fell over with the defender all over him. If the defender didn't touch, surely it was a dive?

Overall Olympic easily winners. Should be an interesting week next week.

shagga
05-08-2013, 12:58 PM
i was unlucky enough to be able to watch both teams play a pretty ordinary style of football. Olympic by far the deserved winners. Though there were some controversial decisions. On another day the match could have ended up completely different with the way the referees make their decisions.

Greg anderson pulling back on the edgeworth front when he was almost 1v1 with the keeper was interesting, another referee may have sent him off. Then the edgeworth front man had what i thought was a clear cut penalty in the second half. I think the referee called that he fell over with the defender all over him. If the defender didn't touch, surely it was a dive?

Overall Olympic easily winners. Should be an interesting week next week.

Olympic could very easily have put 7 or 8 on Edgy yesterday. The pace of Poole and Brown was too much for their defence. Once they won the midfield battle they were too good. If the two swanns can last a full game Olympic will go a long way this year. Those two need to have a week on the KFC to put a bit of fat on. Perhaps Southy could supply the chooks, then again a swann wouldn't eat a chook would it?

Also don't expect our NBN teams to play like Barcalona all year you tosser's, sometimes you can use a long PASS.Anyone see Pooly's chip over the keeper from a long PASS?

immersion
05-08-2013, 02:09 PM
Olympic could very easily have put 7 or 8 on Edgy yesterday. The pace of Poole and Brown was too much for their defence. Once they won the midfield battle they were too good. If the two swanns can last a full game Olympic will go a long way this year. Those two need to have a week on the KFC to put a bit of fat on. Perhaps Southy could supply the chooks, then again a swann wouldn't eat a chook would it?

Also don't expect our NBN teams to play like Barcalona all year you tosser's, sometimes you can use a long PASS.Anyone see Pooly's chip over the keeper from a long PASS?

I agree olympic were clear winners and i said that.

Well i think we are all aware that local state league teams will not play like Barcelona period. No one does. But both teams yesterday didn't even look like they considered playing any kind of passing football. Both teams for the majority were happy to knock it long and contest the second phase.

Youaskedforit
05-08-2013, 02:11 PM

Maybe NNSW will bring in, if you score from a long ball its only worth half a goal, i remember a junior Rep team going through state championships undefeated just a couple of years ago, but didnt win the comp because they werent technically as good.

Get over yourselves, we are not EPL, if it takes a long ball to give you best chance of scoring, against said opposition, go for it.

namwob99
05-08-2013, 03:32 PM
Maybe NNSW will bring in, if you score from a long ball its only worth half a goal, i remember a junior Rep team going through state championships undefeated just a couple of years ago, but didnt win the comp because they werent technically as good.

Get over yourselves, we are not EPL, if it takes a long ball to give you best chance of scoring, against said opposition, go for it.

Anybody see Van Persie's goal last season against Villa I think? Long ball from Rooney!! Should be outlawed immediately!!

punter
05-08-2013, 05:19 PM
Anybody see Van Persie's goal last season against Villa I think? Long ball from Rooney!! Should be outlawed immediately!!

Goal of the season wasn't it.

punter
05-08-2013, 05:23 PM
The way some people say long ball, you'd think they were referring to giving a new born puppy the Aids. At some stage you have to try to play the ball in behind the last line or they can just sit up high and flood the midfield. I agree it gets boring if it happens all day, but if the threat is there it gives ur mids the chance of getting some space to do their thing.

So true, you know ya stuff spamg.
I had a coach years a go that would go though exactly what you just said, play long, stretch em and than try play short and keep the ball.

seldom
05-08-2013, 06:57 PM
pretty sure even the most basic coach would know and use this tactic...and then there is the long ball trying to win the 2nds.If this works for you go for it.This argument has been going on for years lol

MFKS
06-08-2013, 12:19 AM
Not disputing the tactic works. Feel though that we should be actually looking for more than this stoneages tactic in this day and age.

Hell watching one of the NBN sides the other month the players were just kicking the ball away as this was the team strategy even when they could put their foot on it control take 2-3 touches and pass to a team mate. People who play this way and refuse to respect possession don't really deserve success

Leftback at Home
06-08-2013, 09:36 AM
Didn't realise you won games by winning the possession count, I always thought it was the goals that count.
If the cattle I have are more suited to the long ball or the opposition dictate it, I am going to do whatever scores me more goals and wins me more games.
I am not going to knock a 100 passes around in my own half just because of some dilusions of granduer that this is somehow the equivalent of the La Liga.
Horses for courses and it ain't always going to be a beauty contest.

GazFish35
06-08-2013, 10:13 AM
And it never will be a beauty contest with grassroots football being focussed on results.

If the top league in the area takes results over process that will filter down to juniors. It's hard to stop it from doing so.
This means in ten years time the first graders might be new cattle but they'll arrive with the same skill set being used today.

It's not about delusions of grandeur, its about everyone - nationwide - at all levels of the game working together to improve the technical and tactical abilities of the players they have now, and will have in the future.

Granted the NBN shouldn't be tagged a "development" league for players, but it should be aiming to be able to be held up as an exemplar that everything below it in NNSW should striving for. From facilities, club administration, coaching expertise and player abilities through to the way the game is played.

immersion
06-08-2013, 10:50 AM
Granted the NBN shouldn't be tagged a "development" league for players, but it should be aiming to be able to be held up as an exemplar that everything below it in NNSW should striving for. From facilities, club administration, coaching expertise and player abilities through to the way the game is played.

Interesting, i feel the NBN state should be labelled a development league in the coming years. This new points system puts emphasis on youth. Therefore i would see no reason personally to be against calling it a development league.

Just for the record i think the proposed point system is nothing short of a laugh. I feel like it has the potential to hinder youth development in some respects. I am glad i am finished playing and will never have to go through it.

Leftback at Home
06-08-2013, 10:54 AM
So what is so unskilful about pumping a ball high to a strong front man who can bring it down and lay it of to a trailing midfielder or turn his defender with strength & power? What is so unskilful about knocking a long ball to winger who can burn the defence with speed and enthusiasm and deliver a pin point cross to the head of a striker or the top of the box?
Yes we should improve the technical & tactical skills of the players but why one set of skills and why one set of tactics. Football is a fluid game. There are so many options and ways to play it. You can't paint by numbers. Surely the best way to play is the way that utilises your skill sets & yields the best results. Barca plays the way they do because it works for them and they have the players to do it.
Why be so critical of one method that requires a certain skill set over another?

leftrightout
06-08-2013, 11:17 AM
So what is so unskilful about pumping a ball high to a strong front man who can bring it down and lay it of to a trailing midfielder or turn his defender with strength & power? What is so unskilful about knocking a long ball to winger who can burn the defence with speed and enthusiasm and deliver a pin point cross to the head of a striker or the top of the box?
Yes we should improve the technical & tactical skills of the players but why one set of skills and why one set of tactics. Football is a fluid game. There are so many options and ways to play it. You can't paint by numbers. Surely the best way to play is the way that utilises your skill sets & yields the best results. Barca plays the way they do because it works for them and they have the players to do it.
Why be so critical of one method that requires a certain skill set over another?

A great point!
I love watching a passing game as much as the next guy but you use what you have.
All this talk about teams in NBN who knock it around being the real football teams... they would honestly back themselves to beat a team like Stoke!
They might be in EPL but they always knock long balls so they are obviously all shit players and poorly coached... No they have a proven style are just very good at what they do!

JCBT
06-08-2013, 11:48 AM
And it never will be a beauty contest with grassroots football being focussed on results.

If the top league in the area takes results over process that will filter down to juniors. It's hard to stop it from doing so.
This means in ten years time the first graders might be new cattle but they'll arrive with the same skill set being used today.

It's not about delusions of grandeur, its about everyone - nationwide - at all levels of the game working together to improve the technical and tactical abilities of the players they have now, and will have in the future.

End of the day the game is all about putting the ball into the back of the net, is this correct? This example is for the high and mighty people on this forum like yourself, MFKS and a few others that believe that there is only one way to play football and that's the tika taka style of possession over results.
If you look at it this way and from a clubs perspective then you hopefully understand why the league in this area will never be a tika taka football league and that's due to RELEGATION!!!! Why would a club focus on solely developing a wonderful style of football that takes years to perfect but also a couple of years poor results until it's perfected which could also result in relegation? Lets be honest here and admit that a coach in the NBN or NEWFM will first of all look at what cattle they have at their disposal, then what style suits the cattle that will do the 1 thing that everybody has played football for from the beginning of the sport and that's to win the game!
Maybe if clubs had a 4 or 5 year license in the State League then this may occur but I will go out on a limb and say it never will as long as the Federation place an emphasis on results. I'm the same as other people here in that I love watching the short passing, possession based football, I try to coach and encourage the side I have to play that way as it's a development side but in first grade you do what is required to win the game you are playing.
Rant over!

JCBT
06-08-2013, 11:58 AM
My apologise to Gary Fish as I meant to copy another post and not his.

NUGUNS
06-08-2013, 12:21 PM
Went and watched Southy vs Jaffas on Sunday. I'm not 100% sure on the field size but I believe that on a bigger pitch with more room to work it would have been a different story.

In saying this it was the first State League fixture I have been to since the 2011 GF and I rather enjoyed the game.

MFKS
06-08-2013, 01:21 PM

So can you enlighten us as to what is exactly skillful about receiving possession of the ball and to just hoof it by putting your boot through it in the general direction of your forwards/opponents goal.

Football is about making decisions. When to dribble when to pass when to feint when to do the 15 ronaldo stepovers etc etc. Why take the lowest/easiest option when it is not necessary??

4-5 year old kids can master the long ball tactic as it comes naturally to them. An educated player makes a decision to pass short long dribble etc.

Yeah there are times to put your foot through the ball and get it long. Making it your core tactic is for the coaches who view winning at all costs as a genuine philosophy or don't have the intelligence to actually coach and develop players to play with skill.

I will be as critical as I like of that tactic. Long term that style will never win international trophies as its time has come and gone. Sure it may keep hacks like Perth Glory and Stoke City competitive but they get their just deserts by winning **** all

GET WITH THE TIMES

Leftback at Home
06-08-2013, 01:44 PM
I think I already did. Perhaps you might like to put your superior Football intellect to use by re-reading my comments. All you have done is enhance them. At no time was it said that the long ball tactic is the sole tactic. To enable a player to make decisions you need to equip them with a range of options, sometimes that requires something other then just passing short.

Youaskedforit
06-08-2013, 02:03 PM
Broadmeadow long balll NBN 15s win minor premiership.
Azzuri technical football NBN 15s run second.

Unfortunately long balls win games, not sure what international teams you are talking about, Spain was the last to win anything playing shortpass football, but correct me if im wrong, wasnt it a long ball that found iniestas feet when he scored the winning goal in the cup final.

My theory is both methods need to be played in every game, if defence sitting back, you play it around defence/MF and forwards and drag the defence higher, after a while when defence is sitting high leaving gaping paddock between them and the GK, pump a few long balls and utilise this, but then the GK should/could be sitting higher as an extra sweeper.

We are not europe, so just play to each teams strengths, long balls will work better against some teams and some not, move on.

seldom
06-08-2013, 02:06 PM

Good post

JCBT
06-08-2013, 02:16 PM
Broadmeadow long balll NBN 15s win minor premiership.
Azzuri technical football NBN 15s run second.

Unfortunately long balls win games, not sure what international teams you are talking about, Spain was the last to win anything playing shortpass football, but correct me if im wrong, wasnt it a long ball that found iniestas feet when he scored the winning goal in the cup final.

My theory is both methods need to be played in every game, if defence sitting back, you play it around defence/MF and forwards and drag the defence higher, after a while when defence is sitting high leaving gaping paddock between them and the GK, pump a few long balls and utilise this, but then the GK should/could be sitting higher as an extra sweeper.

We are not europe, so just play to each teams strengths, long balls will work better against some teams and some not, move on.
Spot on and agree fully.
Australians are naturally a stronger more physical style of football so why not combine this with all aspects of the game rather than keyhole players into one style? I remember GVE saying after a 5-0 loss to Melb Victory last season "we held 60% possession" and "we had over 50 more completed passes than Victory" but at the end of the day they got beat. Tika Taka is in now but soon counter attack football could be spoken about like it's the gospel of football. My point is teach kids all aspects of the game and see them improve. Just like I get the shits with coaches who just play 4-3-3 and refuse to waver from that formation. I like 4-3-3 as a formation but if a side you are playing against requires you to play 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 then I'll do it and give the kids the experience at that formation.

ForeverRed
06-08-2013, 03:56 PM
This is getting boring
Anyone know who's coaching magic next season

leftrightout
06-08-2013, 04:29 PM
Some excellent points here guys!
Love that people can see different aspects of the game in this time of tikka takka...
Again, i love to watch it but a single game plan will win you nothing. Adapting is so important, be it with conditions or the opposition...

plague
06-08-2013, 06:22 PM
This is getting boring
Anyone know who's coaching magic next season

After reading this thread I'd say Jose Murinho, once he gets shafted by Chelsea for his boring counter attacking style.
Sounds like he'd be suited for NBN.

Also from memory Iniesta WC winner was a through ball from Fabregas from about 10m out of the box. Iniesta received it about the penalty spot. Wouldn't call it a long ball. Sorry couldn't remember who asked that question.

halo se7en
06-08-2013, 06:22 PM
Man Utd have had a lot of success using different tactics over the years… lightning quick counter-attack which to some people may not be impressive as it requires the other team to be attacking first… great wingers who just whipped crosses in all day to blokes that were strong with the head (hughes, cole..), or front men who were sometimes quite isolated when receiving the ball but could make something out of nothing and score ie rooney, van nistelrooy, van persie… play to your strengths, you'd be a ****ing idiot if you don't, and we're all currently experiencing the PAIN of having one of these idiots in charge of our city's major football.

GazFish35
06-08-2013, 08:06 PM
if at all levels we only ever play to our strengths our strengths will never change.

The nationwide push to a more technical and tactical approach will ultimately increase and widen our strengths as a footballing nation. A generation or three from now we should be having national squads being able to change and adapt not only to our strengths, but to opposition's weaknesses.

If we always do what's we've always done, well always get what we've always got.
Generations relying on our physicality has seen us only once get beyond the groups stages of a World Cup.
We need more rounded players so we can be less one dimensional at international level.

Every level of the game has a role to play in helping this happen.

late_to_the_game
06-08-2013, 10:11 PM
if at all levels we only ever play to our strengths our strengths will never change.

The nationwide push to a more technical and tactical approach will ultimately increase and widen our strengths as a footballing nation. A generation or three from now we should be having national squads being able to change and adapt not only to our strengths, but to opposition's weaknesses.

If we always do what's we've always done, well always get what we've always got.
Generations relying on our physicality has seen us only once get beyond the groups stages of a World Cup.
We need more rounded players so we can be less one dimensional at international level.

+1

Onehunglow
06-08-2013, 10:31 PM

Agree, we are going okay, we have recognised our weaknesses and the FFA curriculum has put in place strategies and coaching structure to improve the overall technical quality of our players and coaches. I can't help think that it will only truely kick in is when the 12-17 year olds playing now retire and become coaches themselves that this culture will change permanetly. Scary thought isn't it?

cobra23
07-08-2013, 10:05 AM
This is getting boringAnyone know who's coaching magic next season

Finally agree with ya forever,
I thought we entered an AFL thread when i started reading all these posts about longballs etc,
BLA BLA BLA :confused:

the_fozz
07-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Finally agree with ya forever,
I thought we entered an AFL thread when i started reading all these posts about longballs etc,
BLA BLA BLA :confused:

Glen Chapman

cobra23
07-08-2013, 01:59 PM
Glen Chapman

Heard the same thing,

zico, magician can you confirm...

JCBT
07-08-2013, 03:14 PM
Maybe this will show MFKS and his short minded mates that even the best play the long ball as tactic. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=514422518631139&set=vb.466254463468890&type=2&theater

Onehunglow
07-08-2013, 03:40 PM
He wouldn't like this one then http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdfCYI6CPJ0

immersion
07-08-2013, 03:46 PM
Maybe this will show MFKS and his short minded mates that even the best play the long ball as tactic. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=514422518631139&set=vb.466254463468890&type=2&theater

If this is what people class as knock it long football we have a serious problem. When i talk about long ball football i am talking about when a defender lumps it forward in the general direction of a frontman, who gets bashed around by a defender who is purely trying to win the ball. When the frontman is trying somewhat control it or try and bounce it off to a team mate. More than often enough the defender wins the header or gets a foot in, which leads to 2nd phase where both teams are trying to win the ball.

Your video is a well timed run combined with a well weighted passed. 2 good footballing brains working together. Not just lumping the ball forward without any general idea.

I think this forum just reached a new low.

Onehunglow
07-08-2013, 03:52 PM
If this is what people class as knock it long football we have a serious problem. When i talk about long ball football i am talking about when a defender lumps it forward in the general direction of a frontman, who gets bashed around by a defender who is purely trying to win the ball. When the frontman is trying somewhat control it or try and bounce it off to a team mate. More than often enough the defender wins the header or gets a foot in, which leads to 2nd phase where both teams are trying to win the ball.

Your video is a well timed run combined with a well waited passed. 2 good footballing brains working together. Not just lumping the ball forward without any general idea.

I agree, the pass barley left the ground and was very skilfully bent in out of reach of the defender with the attacker angling his run to perfection. Very classy goal indeed.

LINGERA
07-08-2013, 05:21 PM

Your video is a well timed run combined with a well waited passed. 2 good footballing brains working together. Not just lumping the ball forward without any general idea.

well-weighted pass

immersion
07-08-2013, 05:28 PM
well-weighted pass

Who knows what i was thinking when i wrote that. Fixed it anyways.

ForeverRed
07-08-2013, 05:30 PM
can we start a new thread on the ins and outs of long and short pass football because it will never be resolved on this thread

Thomas477
07-08-2013, 05:31 PM
can we start a new thread on the ins and outs of long and short pass football because it will never be resolved on this thread

For once, I agree with ForeverRed.

LINGERA
07-08-2013, 05:37 PM
Who knows what i was thinking when i wrote that. Fixed it anyways.

you fixed half of it lol

MFKS
08-08-2013, 12:19 AM

As Immersion put it that ain't the long ball game we are talking about. What you have there is a well weighted pass to the feet of a teammate in space. Barca do this all the time, Forward runs beating the offside trap with a through ball played for the teammate to receive to feet or run onto whilst in space. Generally the range of pass is a lot shorter than Biscuits effort there though.

The video up of Ba's goal is classic long ball. Ball knocked forward in the general direction of striker. Defender and striker go up for header and then the game starts again from a team winning possession from the knockdown ricochet etc. Admitted the finish by Ba was class.

The lead up play is shit though and the one of the main reasons why England win **** all despite the millions invested in the game in their country

Onehunglow
08-08-2013, 10:16 AM
[
The lead up play is shit though and the one of the main reasons why England win **** all despite the millions invested in the game in their country[/QUOTE]

I agree with this member, but that's a whole other topic. I was just having a bit of fun with the Ba vid. Did you notice the nationality of the goalkeeper who thumped it up the park? - Dutch.

This is where the theorists don't get it. If you look at the score and the time into the game, Newcastle up 1-0 about 30 mins in. No doubt Man U would have had Newcastle under intense pressure trying to get level. So, if your defenders have been getting a battering and are tired, is this the best time to be playing out from the back? Probably not... So the keeper makes a choice to go long and they get lucky. 90 minutes is a long time to get it on the ground and play perfect little triangles.
Football is about variation and mixing it up, a longer ball every now and then will have the opposition defence in two minds to push up or drop off a bit. If they drop off then there is more space to play through the park.

ForeverRed
08-08-2013, 10:56 AM
Ffs

Local Rules
08-08-2013, 11:36 AM
How good is it that there are still teams fighting for spots in the final on the last weekend of the regular season. As much as I would have liked Lambton to be a chance of taking the Premiership I concede Magic have been the better side this year. Hopefully on Sunday they get up over Weston (without Cowburn they will be ordinary). Should be two good derbies on Sunday with Magic and Hamilton and Edgy and Southy. Looking forward to 5.00pm Sunday when the next competition starts.

Onehunglow
08-08-2013, 12:15 PM
Ffs

Sorry red, I need to get a life I know...

ForeverRed
08-08-2013, 10:02 PM
Rumour has it james pascoe is coaching broadmeadow magic next year

seldom
08-08-2013, 10:53 PM
Rumour has it james pascoe is coaching broadmeadow magic next year

Interesting