Lakes
Southy
Edgy
Jaffas
Valo

Southy 7th...big call

Old Wise Man
16-11-2012, 08:08 AM
Interested to see why people are predicting Valentine last.
They finished 3rd last this year.
I know lakes are trying to recruit hard but not sure if they have signed any one of note, and they finished above lakes this year?

A Newfm team in Jaffas coming up into NBN, thought they would find it hard to stay up?
Although in saying that when Azzuri came up they finished i the top 4, but obviously they recruited some new quality players to that squad.

Hard not to pick magic with the squad they had this year, then adding the players they have, Alex Kantarovski, Mooney, Brady Parker etc..
They will have depth plus 5 top class strikers in Haynesy, Tippet, Hakan, Parker, Berlin (not sure if they will all stay happy)

Olympic were a very lucky side this year and played the most unattractive fotball in my opinion with the long ball, Hodgo pushing 35, I heard Maj is gone, Austin retiring. I think they will befighting to stayy in top 4

Azzuri should go really wel andwere unlucky this year

Jets youth quality.

Should be a great year and hard to pick

Zico
16-11-2012, 11:03 AM
So far these are my predictions for next year,
MAGIC
JETS
EDGY
OLYMPIC
SOUTHY
AZZURRI
WESTON
JAFFAS
LAKES
VALO

1-Magic
2-Azzuri
3-Jets
4-Jaffas
5-Edgy
6-Olympic
7-Southy
8-Weston
9-Lakes
10-Valentine

Bremsstrahlung
16-11-2012, 11:46 AM
Jets
Magic
Charlestown
Southy
Edgy
Olympic
Weston
Jaffas
Phoenix
Lakes

ForeverRed
17-11-2012, 10:24 AM
Brad Waters to South Cardiff

punter
17-11-2012, 05:14 PM
Olympic were a very lucky side this year and played the most unattractive fotball in my opinion with the long ball, Hodgo pushing 35, I heard Maj is gone, Austin retiring. I think they will befighting to stayy in top 4
Above was posted by old wise man

i cant believe that no one has Olympic on top of there listings, Kyle hodges slots in for Austin and getting the 2 swans boys back is a major boost, i cant see any one getting close to em

Olympic
jets
Magic
Southy
Edgy
Azzurri
Weston
Lakes
Jaffas
Valentine

Old Wise Man
17-11-2012, 07:01 PM
Above was posted by old wise man

i cant believe that no one has Olympic on top of there listings, Kyle hodges slots in for Austin and getting the 2 swans boys back is a major boost, i cant see any one getting close to em

Olympic
jets
Magic
Southy
Edgy
Azzurri
Weston
Lakes
Jaffas
Valentine

When it is put like that it sounds like a easy switch.
Far from it though. Matt Austin has not only played in the centre of defence for Olympic, but he has also captained, organised and structured their defence for the last 10 or more years!
Kyle is a great player, but wont give Olympic what Austin gave them, and what they will miss and need.

Also im not sure if you watched may of Olympics games, but even their players have said how much they hated the way they played this year with the long ball and that they were very lucky to get the results they did. I guess the GF showed that.
Add to this they lost their best defender, and from what we hear their best striker in Maj, combined with the luck of the season from the long ball game, I cant see them getting anywhere near the results they achieved this year.

With Magic, they will be only stronger adding a striker in Parker, adding Alex Kantarovski, and Michael Kantarovski and possibly Andrew Hoole when the Jets youth season concludes, I cant see them being any weaker.

seldom
17-11-2012, 08:57 PM
With Magic, they will be only stronger adding a striker in Parker, adding Alex Kantarovski, and Michael Kantarovski and possibly Andrew Hoole when the Jets youth season concludes, I cant see them being any weaker.

surely young Kanta and Hooley will be playing for jets yoof in the state league

magician
18-11-2012, 07:38 AM
If the Olympic players were upset with the way the team played why did they persist with the long ball! Their the ones with the control on what goes on on the pitch

Zico
18-11-2012, 10:28 AM
Everyone loves watching the passing game but if your team is best at the long and get results such as last season doing it then why not play it? At the end of the day winning the State League is what every club want to each year so do what works and is best for your side of players.

I hate watching the long ball but you have to play to your strengths.

Old Wise Man
18-11-2012, 10:58 AM
If the Olympic players were upset with the way the team played why did they persist with the long ball! Their the ones with the control on what goes on on the pitch

Really????
Last time I played (which was a long time ago!!) , the coach controlled what formation and what tactics you played, and if you didt follow them you got a blasting!?

Maybe times have changed and they are taught toforget exactly what the coach says and go out and do the oppossite!

Unfortunately i heard directly from a player that this was the tactics directed to the players.

Also Olympic playing to their strnegths? I dont know if i wuld be playing long balls with the blistering pace of Hodgo and Maj up front, who are both excellent passes of the ball.

They just got lucky this year, andit showed in the GF when they played the long ball against a direct passing magic team.

If they play long ball tactics this year and finish first again, I will run around the field at the grand final naked! (well maybe walk, dont think i could run the full lap without being subbed off!)

18-11-2012, 11:31 AM
there are more than 2 players in the side!. Olympic has some speed as well in Poole (7 goals) and Koiner (12 goals) , Thats about half there sides goals . Maj does his job well in poaching in side the 6 yard box and from what games i did see this season Hodgo set him up 50% of the time.To me Thats a coach using what he has in the side to get the best result he can.With Olympic keeping 95% of last seasons side i don't think the players aren't to unhappy playing the way they are coached!! .lets not forget the player's who they have recruited next season are players that have played under Bolchy before so there must be some respect for what the coach can do.A UGLY WIN IS BETTER THAN A PRETTY LOSS ...

Old Wise Man
18-11-2012, 12:47 PM
there are more than 2 players in the side!. Olympic has some speed as well in Poole (7 goals) and Koiner (12 goals) , Thats about half there sides goals . Maj does his job well in poaching in side the 6 yard box and from what games i did see this season Hodgo set him up 50% of the time.To me Thats a coach using what he has in the side to get the best result he can.With Olympic keeping 95% of last seasons side i don't think the players aren't to unhappy playing the way they are coached!! .lets not forget the player's who they have recruited next season are players that have played under Bolchy before so there must be some respect for what the coach can do.A UGLY WIN IS BETTER THAN A PRETTY LOSS ...

Obviously you are a player or a very avid supporter knowing the goals, and hodgo set up maj 50% of the time.
Im not meaning to upset anyone, I like Olympic and I hope they can do well, all my post was saying is that they will miss Austin, AND that I would like to see them not play the long ball next year, as I believe they will have more chance of finishing higher up the table.

There is no doubting they are a quality side filled with quality players. Just hope we see some quality football this year.

I know a club would rather take an ugly win then a pretty loss, but as a paying supporter I would like to see a quality game of football rather then an ugly game of kick and chase. No matter who the winner is.

Just my opinion, not saying its the right one.

seldom
18-11-2012, 11:25 PM
what... Bolchy teams playin the long ball...noooooooooo

Old Wise Man
19-11-2012, 07:31 PM
what... Bolchy teams playin the long ball...noooooooooo

LOL:roflz:

wannabe
20-11-2012, 03:24 PM
Cant believe some of te dribble some of you go on with on here.Do some of you understand how clubs are run?These clubs whether it be magic,olympic,edgy or whoever pay their coach and players to get RESULTS.At the end of the day this is the deciding factor on many coaches and players being offered another contract.Being an olympic supporter i am not a huge fan of the direct football played this season,but it did work for them and although they did get well beaten in the grand final,they won our clubs first minor premiership.Whether you agree with bolchys coaching style or not,the job was done this year.The best team during the season wins the minor.I watched most games this season and while their football was direct at times,they still played some nice football,just ask anyone who witnessed them beat magic 5-0.So from coming second last in 2011 playing some really good football to winning the minor prem playing "long ball" i am sure i know which season the committee would be happy with.And as for the comment about the players go on the field and control what they do in a game,come on.Its state league,the coaches job is to come up with formations,game plans and strategies and its up to the players to implement them.Just ask GVE after the weekend

MFKS
20-11-2012, 04:26 PM
Anyone in the loop enough to know when the fixtures come out for this comp???

Bremsstrahlung
20-11-2012, 04:46 PM
Already out apparently. Will try and track down an online version.

Edit: Here you go, just click the link.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_info.cgi?c=1-8304-113387-0-0&sID=260637&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=21268366

Olympic Vs Lakes at No2 Sportsground....Interesting.

MFKS
20-11-2012, 05:23 PM
Cheers for that

April 6th season start

Like the idea of the 6:30pm - 7:00 pm starts. Allows people playing/working that day to take in a game

Would like to see the NNSW make the Jets Yoof play at a set time every week to allow as many to get on down there to watch the club and support the hosting club with increased sales at canteens crowds etc.

punter
20-11-2012, 06:08 PM
Everyone loves watching the passing game but if your team is best at the long and get results such as last season doing it then why not play it? At the end of the day winning the State League is what every club want to each year so do what works and is best for your side of players.

I hate watching the long ball but you have to play to your strengths.

I do agree with your comment on doing what is best for your side to get results,
Not sure i agree on everyone loves the passing game
I watched the jets the other day keep the ball for 66% of the time and apart from a 3 nill loss it was also very boring how they have nothing to offer in the top 3rd so they pass the ball from sideline to sideline all day
I also watched a few jets yth games this year and was also very bored at there style

Youaskedforit
21-11-2012, 10:39 AM
Already out apparently. Will try and track down an online version.

Edit: Here you go, just click the link.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_info.cgi?c=1-8304-113387-0-0&sID=260637&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=21268366

Olympic Vs Lakes at No2 Sportsground....Interesting.

Round 5 of the U15 Elite comp is also at NO2 on the 6th April with Olympic the hosting club.

Old Wise Man
26-11-2012, 08:05 AM
My predictions

Team to win: Magic

Dark Horse: Sth Cardiff

Team to be relegated: Valentine

Top 5
Magic
Jets yoof
Charlestown
Olympic
Sth Cardiff

nbnjet
26-11-2012, 09:23 AM
I for one despise teams who go out and play the long ball game. For me it lacks skill and flare, and makes the game boring, no offence but get two teams playing long ball and its no better than ping pong, and i wouldnt pay to watch that. I would much rather watch the lower rated teams, and zones, play "football". For me its not just about the title but then again i am a football fan, and Olympic may see it differently. I think it would also be fair to say that Magic, Damian and Virgilli, finally figured out the way to beat olympics style of play and didnt they crumble under the pressure. A good win for Magic and football on the day.

nbnjet
26-11-2012, 09:32 AM

Scenario... World Cup. 2 Teams. You don't have an allegiance or preference for either side to win or loss or even draw. Now do you want to see PRETTY football or UGLY football?

I know what i prefer, but to be honest i still prefer any team i go for to play good football. I think we do a fantastic job in the A-League sometimes of playing boring football, and to be honest the Jets have had some shockers.

nbnjet
26-11-2012, 09:45 AM
Round 5 of the U15 Elite comp is also at NO2 on the 6th April with Olympic the hosting club.

What a joke. Why are they playing on a thugby union ground and why is the federation allowing it?

cobra23
26-11-2012, 10:04 AM
What a joke. Why are they playing on a thugby union ground and why is the federation allowing it?

Because it is olympic. They Dont need a good playing surface for long balls.

demon
26-11-2012, 10:22 AM

Olympic made it very public by announcing to The Newcastle Herald at the time the ground was being rebuilt that they were applying to use No 2 for a limited number of games where they expected increased crowd numbers. Not sure how that links in with playing Lakes lol more I think they are looking to get a toe in (so to speak) from the start and build on that year to year.

If the surface is reliable (and Union as a code will do no more damage than any other use IF the Council take care of it properly) and the facilities are good perhaps eventually we may see the opportunity a second club to have a top class facility for their games. If the chance is there good on them for being open minded.

It will be a huge fitness test for both sides so early in the season as I think they will find a deeper length of grass than their own two home grounds.

Bremsstrahlung
26-11-2012, 10:52 AM
I was also surprised when I saw it was Olympic vs Lakes. I guess they don't want to giv eup their home ground advantage for the Magic game and a couple of others.
Also heard they were looking to hold Grand Final at No2 this year?

cobra23
26-11-2012, 12:41 PM
I was also surprised when I saw it was Olympic vs Lakes. I guess they don't want to giv eup their home ground advantage for the Magic game and a couple of others.
Also heard they were looking to hold Grand Final at No2 this year?

Hopefully rumours,
I cant see it going anywhere but Wanderers.
Its to good of a venue for spectaters and players.
Put all the buisness of more money for magic aside, They put in the work they deserve it.
I like to see edgy have it but Wanderers ticks more boxes.

Beppe
26-11-2012, 01:58 PM
Hopefully rumours,
I cant see it going anywhere but Wanderers.
Its to good of a venue for spectaters and players.
Put all the buisness of more money for magic aside, They put in the work they deserve it.
I like to see edgy have it but Wanderers ticks more boxes.

There is a push to move the game to a more neautral ground and reward all grandfinal participants with revenue from the day instead of it all going to one club.

supa
26-11-2012, 02:12 PM
There is a push to move the game to a more neautral ground and reward all grandfinal participants with revenue from the day instead of it all going to one club.

credit where credit is due, they do have the best facilities in the region and it is a great place to watch football. if the pitch standard at the gardens was better perhaps that could be used as a neutral venue considering wallsend play in Zone League One.

supa
26-11-2012, 02:16 PM
saying that i do totally agree that the revenue for the day shouldnt be going to one club.

nbnjet
26-11-2012, 04:05 PM

Sounds like a good idea. But HOW? And why should only the GF participants benefit, why not all clubs? Will each or every club set up their own tent and benefit from their own supporters, or will one club run it and all the profits split? Hardly fair for some of our local teams to get anything from the GF kitty as they contribute very little the league by improving their facilities. Maybe it might be best if Northern run the canteens with paid employees and then distribute the profit? Would we play on a Union ground, and make no mistake i would be very surprised if the NRU, or Wanderers, allowed real football to be played on their jewel, if it meant we were in fact contributing to the profitability of other codes? Ludicrous. I would much rather see the GF stay in the NBN League. Oh yeah and what will No.2 be like after a season of union and their gf?

nbnjet
26-11-2012, 04:06 PM
saying that i do totally agree that the revenue for the day shouldnt be going to one club.

Totally agree, but neither should it go to any club that does nothing to improve their facilities... Hats off to Edgy for giving it a real go!

nbnjet
26-11-2012, 04:17 PM
Olympic made it very public by announcing to The Newcastle Herald at the time the ground was being rebuilt that they were applying to use No 2 for a limited number of games where they expected increased crowd numbers. Not sure how that links in with playing Lakes lol more I think they are looking to get a toe in (so to speak) from the start and build on that year to year.

If the surface is reliable (and Union as a code will do no more damage than any other use IF the Council take care of it properly) and the facilities are good perhaps eventually we may see the opportunity a second club to have a top class facility for their games. If the chance is there good on them for being open minded.

It will be a huge fitness test for both sides so early in the season as I think they will find a deeper length of grass than their own two home grounds.

Did they check with Northern before making it public and getting the ok, not to mention NRU, and Wanderers? It sounds like they had an idea and then pushed the agenda without confirming anything.

So they have increased crowd numbers and this is why they needed to move their game. Im really not sure what games they needed a bigger stadia for, i have not seem them play Magic there, but from the games i have seen Darling street offers plenty of room. Or are they saying that they will get more crowd moving the games to No.2 or into Newcastle? Well playing lakes they will need the room.

Surface - well well, can i just say that no matter how many groundsman they have caressing the field there is no way the pitch will be in any state to play football on for the duration of the year, and as for long grass, i dont expect to see any at various times during the season.

My suggestion to Olympic is that if they want a better facility, then i suggest they spend money on their own ground like Edgy and Magic and maybe not as much on players or wherever else they are spending their cash. The top class facility belongs to the NRU, and no matter how much we want to put our finger in the pie i cant see it happening.

Beppe
26-11-2012, 04:37 PM
Did they check with Northern before making it public and getting the ok, not to mention NRU, and Wanderers? It sounds like they had an idea and then pushed the agenda without confirming anything.

So they have increased crowd numbers and this is why they needed to move their game. Im really not sure what games they needed a bigger stadia for, i have not seem them play Magic there, but from the games i have seen Darling street offers plenty of room. Or are they saying that they will get more crowd moving the games to No.2 or into Newcastle? Well playing lakes they will need the room.

Surface - well well, can i just say that no matter how many groundsman they have caressing the field there is no way the pitch will be in any state to play football on for the duration of the year, and as for long grass, i dont expect to see any at various times during the season.

My suggestion to Olympic is that if they want a better facility, then i suggest they spend money on their own ground like Edgy and Magic and maybe not as much on players or wherever else they are spending their cash. The top class facility belongs to the NRU, and no matter how much we want to put our finger in the pie i cant see it happening.

Im pretty sure olympics facilities are decent as is. And whats with all the hate towards olympic anyway?

supa
26-11-2012, 07:44 PM
Im pretty sure olympics facilities are decent as is. And whats with all the hate towards olympic anyway?

there is not a single club in nbn league that has below par facilities (although it has been a number of years since i played at most of them so you'd think they would have improved if anything), as per the criteria for them staying in the top flight.

cobra23
27-11-2012, 08:33 AM

There is no hate towards Olympic,
Just a stupid move to try and play football on a Union ground.
It does not work, look at Cahill oval.
I have yet to see a decent football game get played on that hard bumpy dirt Field.
And i would be very dissapointed to see game like Olympic Vs Magic (if played on no2) get wrecked by a bumpy pitch.
Not only will spectators hate it but imagine playing on it.

demon
27-11-2012, 12:07 PM
credit where credit is due, they do have the best facilities in the region and it is a great place to watch football. if the pitch standard at the gardens was better perhaps that could be used as a neutral venue considering wallsend play in Zone League One.

That surface would need thousands poured into it urgently and possibly for more than one season to ever be considered. ID do not play finals series games there because they have better alternatives available the Associations claim.

For Olympic I still think well done, it forced the Council to make the ground multi sport before Union could lay claims to it entirely and it shows clubs are now willing to think of options that ten years ago I doubt committees would have ever even discussed.

wannabe
27-11-2012, 01:52 PM
That surface would need thousands poured into it urgently and possibly for more than one season to ever be considered. ID do not play finals series games there because they have better alternatives available the Associations claim.

For Olympic I still think well done, it forced the Council to make the ground multi sport before Union could lay claims to it entirely and it shows clubs are now willing to think of options that ten years ago I doubt committees would have ever even discussed.

From a source at the club,olympic were asked by n.n.s.w football to host some of their home games at no.2 sportsground,with the idea of northern apparently getting a foot in the door to be able to use the facility.I hadnt heard anything about hosting grand final there.From what i was told the first round against lakes was picked as this was the weekend before the first round of newcastle rugby union was to be held so the ground would be in good condition.Also heard northern made this the week olympic hosted the 15s games which would have ensured a bumper crowd throughout the day.Latest i have heard is that this match will actually be at darling street because apparently rugby union are now starting their competition on the same week as northern thus making the ground unavailable.

Youaskedforit
27-11-2012, 03:51 PM
From a source at the club,olympic were asked by n.n.s.w football to host some of their home games at no.2 sportsground,with the idea of northern apparently getting a foot in the door to be able to use the facility.I hadnt heard anything about hosting grand final there.From what i was told the first round against lakes was picked as this was the weekend before the first round of newcastle rugby union was to be held so the ground would be in good condition.Also heard northern made this the week olympic hosted the 15s games which would have ensured a bumper crowd throughout the day.Latest i have heard is that this match will actually be at darling street because apparently rugby union are now starting their competition on the same week as northern thus making the ground unavailable.

Northern NSW Football > NHRU ..... couldnt they use their size and make Union be second fiddle and make this the home of Newcastle Football ? GF"s, rep games, etc etc

EH9
27-11-2012, 04:04 PM
Northern NSW Football > NHRU ..... couldnt they use their size and make Union be second fiddle and make this the home of Newcastle Football ? GF"s, rep games, etc etc

The leather patch boys have more swing in town than our 'Federation'

nbnjet
27-11-2012, 09:18 PM

You made the statement so please explain where the hate in this comment is?

nbnjet
27-11-2012, 10:02 PM
The leather patch boys have more swing in town than our 'Federation'

What ashame we don't have any political pull in a region dominated by our football code. For all the good work the many many clubs of the region do, our code gets very little recognition or monetary backing. Between the council and state government they spent nearly 11Mil on No.2 with the NRU being custodians of the venue and having their offices there also.

How would our many clubs feel in their respective councils kicked them off and put another code on their field? I think we ought to be careful about going down this path, not to mention the fed is building a massive facility at Speers Point that we could never have fit in at the top of town. Newcastle Football has so much deadwood it's beyond belief and so many directors that do very little for the game and have no vision, make me feel like they are very self serving. In saying that Russell Henry seems to be a shining beacon of hope there...

I just simply cannot believe that the fed would be engaged in such deceptive and covert tactics to take over the facility. If they did want No.2 then why favour Olympic? Have they no teams or competitions during the summer months they could have played there? What about the Jets Youth, and Woman's teams? Why didn't they play at the venue when there is absolutely no one playing there over the summer months? I feel one game for Olympic is hardly a foot in the door when they could have played so many games over the summer. I seriously doubt a change of venue will increase crowd numbers for any team, regardless of the venue. And it would be stupid for the fed to want the venue and not want to play GF there. Once again does not make sense. And I just can't get past the fact that the Fed has planned a massive complex at Speers Point for such a long time that they would be politically isolating themselves by trying to take over other codes venues, and let's face it from my knowledge No.2 has never been a football ground. Old heads can correct me here.

nbnjet
27-11-2012, 10:23 PM

Sorry to say but The Gardens is a terrible place to watch anything but dogs going around the track...

How has Olympic forced an agenda onto Newcastle Council and where is the multi sport on the venue? Can you tell me just how many sports are using the facility? I have to agree with cobra, it's silly, and an attempt to muscle in on another's turf will not work, and further i believe it will diminish respect for our code. In fact we look like we are desperate to get on the field, with really zero chance of it happening. Now in reality if council allow Olympic playing rights on No.2, then council turn around and say to Olympic that another code requires their ground on the same weekend they are playing in town, what will Olympic say and do? How will they protect Darling street, and why should they leave their home? I also must mention that ten years ago Pheonix were playing on No.1, so this is nothing new from a committee, but hardly something a would consider ground breaking territory in our code...

hawk
27-11-2012, 10:47 PM
Pheonix didnt have No1 for very long. Didnt they move to athletics?

Bremsstrahlung
27-11-2012, 11:09 PM
Phoenix could play in there......Can't be much worse than Cahill "Cricket Pitch" Oval.

cobra23
27-11-2012, 11:52 PM
Phoenix could play in there......Can't be much worse than Cahill "Cricket Pitch" Oval.

Thats right it cant be worse,
but valo / pheonix should look for there own ground which only football is played on.
tHat is why we should not agree (if there is something to agree on) to play any games at no2
because all we will be doing is whinging every week about the same shit that we do about
cahill Rugby,rugbyleague,baseball,cricket,football oval.

nbnjet
28-11-2012, 09:08 AM

Do we still have a thread with questions to David Eland? I for one would like to ask the question of whether the Fed asked Olympic to do as stated above and why maybe other teams like Pheonix were not given the opportunity.

demon
28-11-2012, 12:02 PM
How would our many clubs feel in their respective councils kicked them off and put another code on their field?

I would not say mixed use has to be a negative, provided the Councils placed effective resources to maintain the grounds. All clubs of all sports struggle for facilities because it is such a duplication. Football, League & Rugby being the winter codes are all competing for small pools of funds for playing level lighting, better sheds, canteens, playing surface improvements. Ask any poor committee member who put their hand up to do grant applications how depressing a job that can be.

We all have our training facilities which each club needs but do we each need game standard facilities at every one of those? One example is Lambton... Harker Oval. What sort of facility could that have been if Football (Jaffas, Newc Football & Northern) and League (Wests & Newc League) worked together. Moved cricket to Arther Eddon, made the ground rectangular in front of the existing grand stand. Want funds, fine, take the now spare land on the far side and sell it as 2 or 3 housing blocks and pour that $600,000 into upgrading the canteen, dressing sheds and crowd shelter. Each code has it week about and Council commit to having 2 staff there to manage it, no one trains there and the qualified groundsman make the calls on washouts.

It works elsewhere, not perfectly, but how many of our current grounds and facilities are up to what we thing should be an acceptable standard?

Newcastle Football has so much deadwood it's beyond belief and so many directors that do very little for the game and have no vision, make me feel like they are very self serving. In saying that Russell Henry seems to be a shining beacon of hope there...

I couldn't disagree about Russell, one employee whose heart is in his job. But if you don't like the directors then talk to your club president, its the clubs that vote. And I have seen the apathy at more than one club about who to vote for which might be why there is so little turn over, clubs just vote for a name the recognise. But I do have say the Wet Weather contact (Gail?) does an immense job each weekend once the rain kicks in.

Osvaldo
28-11-2012, 08:15 PM
The brother of my daughter's team mate at her US College is looking to trial for a NBN League or NEWFM League team, he is a goalkeeper and turns 19 on Boxing Day.

He is willing to travel from the US to attend the trials, and he understands that if successful he probably won't be paid to play.

He is e-mailing me some info about himself, which I can forward onto anyone interested.

My information is he is a very good goalkeeper.

Can anyone advise me of upcoming trails please?

Mitchy
29-11-2012, 10:36 AM
The brother of my daughter's team mate at her US College is looking to trial for a NBN League or NEWFM League team, he is a goalkeeper and turns 19 on Boxing Day.

He is willing to travel from the US to attend the trials, and he understands that if successful he probably won't be paid to play.

He is e-mailing me some info about himself, which I can forward onto anyone interested.

My information is he is a very good goalkeeper.

Can anyone advise me of upcoming trails please?

tbh most clubs have had there trials and selected there teams

so you may be out of luck!

cobra23
30-11-2012, 01:10 PM
DEMON; It Doesnt work anywhere else. we constantly have large surface issues from the clubs that
share with Rugby League etc. They chew the ground up to much.
thats why we need only football coded fields not mixed..

The Only ground That really gets a bit shite through the season other then cahill oval is Southy..
The rest are pretty decent surfaces.
the reason behind southy is i reckon they let to many junior games on it thats why..

ForeverRed
30-11-2012, 03:37 PM
DEMON; It Doesnt work anywhere else. we constantly have large surface issues from the clubs that

The Only ground That really gets a bit shite through the season other then cahill oval is Southy..
the reason behind southy is i reckon they let to many junior games on it thats why..
you obviously didnt visit west wallsend this season, also I dont know one player who likes playing at edgeworth, its like playing on a wet sponge even when its dry

RedMexican
30-11-2012, 08:07 PM

you are kidding right ? maybe 3-4 games max gets played ulinga 1 with juniors, that being said, still a thousand times better then westy, cahill oval. that being said ulinga is up there with one of the better grounds. IMO

Old Wise Man
01-12-2012, 07:29 PM
you are kidding right ? maybe 3-4 games max gets played ulinga 1 with juniors, that being said, still a thousand times better then westy, cahill oval. that being said ulinga is up there with one of the better grounds. IMO

Ulinga is not the worst ground in newcastle, but definitely not up there with the best (IMO).
And whats wrong with Westys Wembley!!

Youaskedforit
03-12-2012, 12:48 PM
Ulinga is not the worst ground in newcastle, but definitely not up there with the best (IMO).

Leave Lyall Peacock out of this convo :)

RedMexican
03-12-2012, 07:01 PM

hahaha lakes ground was not looking to crash hot on saturday either.

nbnjet
05-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Do we still have a thread with questions to David Eland? I for one would like to ask the question of whether the Fed asked Olympic to do as stated above and why maybe other teams like Pheonix were not given the opportunity.

Hellooooo. And administrators if you can help? I hear Davad has been uncontactable and does not like discussing any matters with forum? Any truth? Can we still pose questions to him?

MFKS
11-12-2012, 10:27 AM
NORTHERN NSW State League clubs are certain to call for a tightening of eligibility criteria for Jets A-League players when representatives meet to flesh out next season's rules tonight.
See your ad here

NNSWF chief executive David Eland said the regulations outlining the Emerging Jets and Youth Jets sides' participation in the competition were the only items on the agenda for the state league standing committee meeting.

This year the Jets under-20s side made their state league debut, finishing fourth and bowing out in back-to-back finals losses after setting the pace through most of the season.

Despite the successful debut, there was unrest among clubs about the open eligibility criteria for A-League-contracted under-20 players in the competition.

Originally, three of these players were allowed to take part if they were local and not considered established A-League players. The definition of established was a player who had started more than five A-League games the previous season.

However, this definition was opened up to be a player who had taken part in 10 or more A-League games in each of the past two seasons.

This gave the Jets greater freedom to bring in young A-League players, changing the strength of the side more from week to week.

Eland said the eligibility of Jets A-League players was "certain to be the hot topic of discussions".

The other likely change is sure to meet little opposition.

This year the Jets had no link between feeder systems the NSW Institute of Sport and Emerging Athletes Program within the state league.

It meant the Jets youth side were unable to call up NSWIS players when short, which led to the depleted first-grade side having to put field players in goal when their keeper was sent off or suspended.

Meanwhile, Eland said the absence of new nominations for board positions at Sunday's annual general meeting was a vote of confidence in current directors.

In accordance with the NNSWF constitution, two directors - Alex McDonald and Phil Holt - retired from the board. However they nominated for a return and were elected unopposed along with previous appointee, Michael Gaertner.
See your ad here

Bill Walker and Gaertner were elected chairman and deputy chairman respectively unopposed. Helene O'Neill remained as a casual vacancy, meaning the board was unchanged.

The board was elected in dramatic circumstances in January this year after the removal of former directors over their sacking of Eland.

The board saw themselves as an interim group to stabilise NNSWF but will now remain in their posts until the 2014 annual meeting. Be interesting what comes of this as the NBN State League clubs have a majority and can really restrict the Jets Yoof to whatever they choose

nbnjet
11-12-2012, 09:08 PM
I see there is a vote of confidence in the board of NNSW. Does David Eland hold the same vote of confidence from this board? I hear he is quite the arrogant type...

immersion
03-01-2013, 09:08 AM
Really couldnt help myself first post in the local forum for 2013 :arse:

ForeverRed
03-01-2013, 09:39 AM
Really couldnt help myself first post in the local forum for 2013 :arse:

congrats

immersion
07-01-2013, 08:29 PM
congrats

Thanks foreverRed this is one the best moments i have had this year so far :lulzturtle:

Jaf Jaf
09-01-2013, 01:44 PM
From Northern NSW football Website;

(Under 23 & Senior Squad Role)

Lambton Jaffas will be holding Under 23s goal keeper trials for the 2013 NBN league season.

Persons who are interested in attending the trials, or require any further information are to contact David Tanchevski 0406 147 852, or Michael Ross 0407 488 832, to detail previous experience.

Triallists should be aspirational of a 1st team position.

ForeverRed
23-01-2013, 02:52 PM
South Cardiff trial games
17th Feb v Weston at Weston
24th Feb v Edgy at Edgy
26th March v Bel Swans at Blacksmiths
3rd March v Broadmeadow at Broadmeadow
10th March State Cup
17th March v Charlestown at Charlestown

ForeverRed
23-01-2013, 02:53 PM
sorry, belswans game 26 Feb

EH9
27-01-2013, 02:23 PM
Now that most clubs have started pre-season training, can anyone confirm player movements for the upcoming season?

boz-monaut
27-01-2013, 02:35 PM
there's a whole thread on it EH9

EH9
27-01-2013, 03:08 PM
Sorry Boz

Premy
27-01-2013, 03:13 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong and I probaly am. I thought No2 had problems with the fire exists and nobody can play there untill they are widened?

nbnjet
27-01-2013, 06:27 PM
Now that most clubs have started pre-season training, can anyone confirm player movements for the upcoming season?

How about you confirm what you know??? Your in the loop.

nbnjet
27-01-2013, 06:30 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong and I probaly am. I thought No2 had problems with the fire exists and nobody can play there untill they are widened?

Apparently yes, BUT if you provide "fire wardens" you can circumvent this issue. Why the question?

Premy
27-01-2013, 07:37 PM
Apparently yes, BUT if you provide "fire wardens" you can circumvent this issue. Why the question?

Was just reading back threw the thread, with all the stuff about Olympic playing a game there was just curious

nbnjet
27-01-2013, 08:50 PM
Was just reading back threw the thread, with all the stuff about Olympic playing a game there was just curious

There is a possibility that if the expected crowd is less than a certain quota the issue may not be relevant.

Bad mistake on Olympics behalf, in my honest opinion. They have a great facility, for what it is worth, tidy, clean, though not to the standard of Magic / Edgeworth, which they basically have care and control of and yet they want to play on No. 2 because they want to get a foot in the door to challenge Magic / Edgeworth for the grand final. Just my opinion based on what i have heard! A really bad tactical position for Olympic to hold and i cannot understand what the advantage to Olympic or the State League will be by them playing there, nor do i understand why the Fed is allowing it? Why have a criteria for a home venue and then transfer your club to another venue? We carry on about clubs building and advancing their facilities and yet we have this sort of rubbish going on. As you can see i am passionate about clubs building their facilities.

Questions need to be asked:
1. Why transfer the game to No. 2?
2. What is the tangible benefit from this transfer?
3. What is the advantage for the Fed to move this game?
4. What costs are involved with playing on No. 2?
5. Who will benefit from the costs of playing at No. 2?
6. Will No. 2 be available for future football use?
7. Will No. 2 be a regular venue for Olympic?
8. Will No. 2 have a sufficiently suitable surface for playing football during the season?
9. Who will be playing at Darling St while Olympic are at No. 2?

Premy
27-01-2013, 11:36 PM
Couldn't agree with you more surely the money spent moving their games to No2 could be better spent upgrading darling st not that it's that bad.

I do think however a team of the likes of cooks hill could benifit from playing there. They have been a strong side for the last couple of years in ZPL and with a large junior base I think they would do well in New FM not sure why they haven't been promoted but if facilities is the reason then No2 could be the solution.

I have nothing to do with cooks hill by the way.

boz-monaut
28-01-2013, 07:34 AM
at Cooks Hill we did put in massive efforts to get use of #2, only for the Council to classify it in a manner that only allows the highest State level competitions to be played there

doesn't stop rugby playing juniors there though

Cooks Hill United are committed to improving the facilities at our current ground in order to meet requirements for State League - we are keen on promotion and will do so when NNSW allows (and we're in a position to do so)

Zico
28-01-2013, 08:00 AM
at Cooks Hill we did put in massive efforts to get use of #2, only for the Council to classify it in a manner that only allows the highest State level competitions to be played there

doesn't stop rugby playing juniors there though

Cooks Hill United are committed to improving the facilities at our current ground in order to meet requirements for State League - we are keen on promotion and will do so when NNSW allows (and we're in a position to do so)
I hope you can make it through to the NEWFM Boz but in all honesty I can't see NNSW being very keen for you to promote to State League.

Chances are that Adamstown will be in with a massive chance to win promotion this season and I'd be very surprised if they would have Magic, Olympic, Jaffas, Rosebuds and Cookers all within a blacket distance of each other. Unfortunately for the lower grade clubs, this new restructure the Fed are considering has zones that will be required to be filled to ensure that they comp is truely a Northern NSW comp rather than a Newcastle City comp.

boz-monaut
28-01-2013, 08:22 AM
the proposed re-structure is a bit of a concern for all clubs looking to go up - why spend all the time and effort to go up to New-FM if it's not going to be around in four years

Northern are pretty pleased with the way we run things (largest club in NNSW to be accredited etc) and would be keen on having us up there, as long as we're in a position to do so, which we currently aren't

Premy
28-01-2013, 11:59 AM
Thats what I suspected boz you guys do a top job and seem like a very well run club. To me I think you deserve a spot in NewFM it's debatable but other than the surface you guys have better facilities then most already in NewFM. Anyway good luck this year I'm sure you guys will be we'll up there.

EH9
28-01-2013, 12:53 PM
Questions need to be asked:
1. Why transfer the game to No. 2?
2. What is the tangible benefit from this transfer?
3. What is the advantage for the Fed to move this game?
4. What costs are involved with playing on No. 2?
5. Who will benefit from the costs of playing at No. 2?
6. Will No. 2 be available for future football use?
7. Will No. 2 be a regular venue for Olympic?
8. Will No. 2 have a sufficiently suitable surface for playing football during the season?
9. Who will be playing at Darling St while Olympic are at No. 2?

From my information, Olympic were only looking at moving the first game of their season to No2. They were allocated a round of the U15 competition on the same weekend as the opening round of NBN and they thought they would host all games on the one day and have a 'Festival of Football' whereby for one admission price you could see 7 or 8 games. Not a bad I thought as the NHRU were not starting their comp until the weekend after meaniung the field would be in good condition. But after seeing this the NHRU have apparantly brought forward their competition so it starts the same weekend meaning that the U15 and opening round of NBN will not be played Sat and Sunday at Darling Street (So I have heard).

nbnjet
28-01-2013, 03:09 PM
From my information, Olympic were only looking at moving the first game of their season to No2. They were allocated a round of the U15 competition on the same weekend as the opening round of NBN and they thought they would host all games on the one day and have a 'Festival of Football' whereby for one admission price you could see 7 or 8 games. Not a bad I thought as the NHRU were not starting their comp until the weekend after meaniung the field would be in good condition. But after seeing this the NHRU have apparantly brought forward their competition so it starts the same weekend meaning that the U15 and opening round of NBN will not be played Sat and Sunday at Darling Street (So I have heard).

So why cant they have a "Festival of Football" at Darling Street? And seriously who will for one admission price, or even free entry, come and watch 7 or 8 games of football? Lets do the sums on worst case scenario, 7 games x 1.5hours equals 10.5 hours of football, so they start at 9am and finish at 7.30pm. Wow that is a mighty big day of football. Now lets go worst case scenario, 8 games x 2hours (1h 45mins for the game and 15mins warm up before hand) equals 16 hours of football. Start at 7am and finish at 11pm. WOW now that is a massive "Festival of Football". Who has the time, commitment, or even patience to watch so many games...

You see even the worst case scenario does not make sense. This festival of football does not make sense. A full days hire of No. 2 does not make sense. Im sorry but i just dont see it and i stand by my earlier comments i think there is more at play here than meets the eye. What does make sense is having a festival of football at Darling Street where there are two fields that could be utilised to cut the play time by a third at least leaving only the top three of four grades to play one the main field with no other games on the other.

I had also heard this was all about getting a foothold on No. 2. People, wake up and smell the roses. The NRU have been a part of the construction of the facility and it was all their lobbying that got the project started. It is a NRU project in NCC colours. Football looks like fools for trying to get a game on it. The NRU admin is located there. The NRU sponsor signs are permanently attached to the facility. The funding was attributed to the Council on the back of NRU submissions. Jodie Mackay made announcements together with and always inclusive of NRU. I have to say i feel terrible for Cooks Hill as they progress their club they will not have the opportunity to play on a suitable ground for State League once and if they get there.

I will also point out that once the NRU starts playing on the pitch, the field will be unplayable for football. Give it one wet weekend and lets see how the NRU treats the field. Of course i still have a bad feeling that if Olympic go to No. 2, who will be knocking on the door of NCC to gain access to Darling Street. Advice to Olympic, be careful with the political games you play as the NRU are not silly and they would love to claim two grounds on Darling Street...

De-Champ
28-01-2013, 03:33 PM
So why cant they have a "Festival of Football" at Darling Street? And seriously who will for one admission price, or even free entry, come and watch 7 or 8 games of football? Lets do the sums on worst case scenario, 7 games x 1.5hours equals 10.5 hours of football, so they start at 9am and finish at 7.30pm. Wow that is a mighty big day of football. Now lets go worst case scenario, 8 games x 2hours (1h 45mins for the game and 15mins warm up before hand) equals 16 hours of football. Start at 7am and finish at 11pm. WOW now that is a massive "Festival of Football". Who has the time, commitment, or even patience to watch so many games...

You see even the worst case scenario does not make sense. This festival of football does not make sense. A full days hire of No. 2 does not make sense. Im sorry but i just dont see it and i stand by my earlier comments i think there is more at play here than meets the eye. What does make sense is having a festival of football at Darling Street where there are two fields that could be utilised to cut the play time by a third at least leaving only the top three of four grades to play one the main field with no other games on the other.

I had also heard this was all about getting a foothold on No. 2. People, wake up and smell the roses. The NRU have been a part of the construction of the facility and it was all their lobbying that got the project started. It is a NRU project in NCC colours. Football looks like fools for trying to get a game on it. The NRU admin is located there. The NRU sponsor signs are permanently attached to the facility. The funding was attributed to the Council on the back of NRU submissions. Jodie Mackay made announcements together with and always inclusive of NRU. I have to say i feel terrible for Cooks Hill as they progress their club they will not have the opportunity to play on a suitable ground for State League once and if they get there.

I will also point out that once the NRU starts playing on the pitch, the field will be unplayable for football. Give it one wet weekend and lets see how the NRU treats the field. Of course i still have a bad feeling that if Olympic go to No. 2, who will be knocking on the door of NCC to gain access to Darling Street. Advice to Olympic, be careful with the political games you play as the NRU are not silly and they would love to claim two grounds on Darling Street...
Having the one price does not mean you have to watch every game.
As regards No2. the fact is that most of the grants/money came from the state government. And as such it is a community facility not just Union, even though they have their headquarters there, or main ground at least. As with most facilities, Part of the terms of obtaining funding was that all and everybody can use it (particularly soccer) but once the facility is biult then soccer is not allowed on or in limited circumstances.

nbnjet
28-01-2013, 04:45 PM
Having the one price does not mean you have to watch every game.
As regards No2. the fact is that most of the grants/money came from the state government. And as such it is a community facility not just Union, even though they have their headquarters there, or main ground at least. As with most facilities, Part of the terms of obtaining funding was that all and everybody can use it (particularly soccer) but once the facility is biult then soccer is not allowed on or in limited circumstances.

True we dont have to watch all games, but why do we charge for 15s??? I didnt realise we had to pay to watch them and im not sure if other clubs would welcome this, and to be honest i dont think it is right either. So in reality the festival of football is not a festivall of football at all, its just an excuse to get on No. 2. So whats the point???

Yes the money came from Council / State Gov. But so did the money for nearly all of our football facilities, with the exception of Magic who largely invested their own funds and resources to the Wanderers Park facility. There may be others but i am unaware of anyone who has invested so much into a facility, Edgy giving it a good shot though. Dont forget that Gov funds nearly every sport that you can think of and develops their facilities. We do not have a god given right to claim facilities because Gov built them. If this was the case we may find that we will lose a lot of facilities.

A community facility is indeed a community facility, but so is Newcastle Library and Merewether Baths but we cant play football there can we, or in city hall for that fact. So not all facilities are equal and not all facilities are built solely for one sport but some are. As i said with nearly every facility around, they are either council owned and council administered, or state owned and council administered, or state owned and state administered. But in reality you cant have all sports on all fields. How would Olympic feel if Rugby Union or League wanted to play on Darling Street, or at Magic, or Edgy, or Southy, or Weston, or Adamstown?

And true they may have claimed that the facility as per the article below but have a look at the NRU comments, ‘‘all news to us’’. You see it was not built for all sports, and definitely not for football, regardless of the comments that may have insinuated that.

And how stupid do we look with Alan Nisbet:
NNSWF operations manager Alan Nisbet had hoped rugby and soccer could use the ground on alternate weeks. NNSWF put in submissions to use the ground on behalf of its state league, top-flight club Hamilton Olympic, third-tier team Cooks Hill, Women’s Premier League outfit Merewether and the Jets. But Nisbet said it would be ‘‘very difficult’’ to have the ground ready for top-grade soccer a day after rugby union matches had been played on it every week. ‘‘We don’t see it being as quite a viable option as we had hoped for,’’ Nisbet said.

Helooooo. Olympic, Cookshill, Womens Premier League, Jets (Youth, Womens, Development Teams). You need 4 fields sat and sun every weekend to cater for all those teams. And we contributed nothing to the facility so why would they let us use it? And Con Gounis just tops it off. I have never known Darling Street to not be able to cater to a derby match, especially the season opener against Lakes. They may as well move it to Hunter Stadium...

And the all important quote "Wanderers are the only guaranteed tenants this winter. The use of the ground by other groups will depend on the growth of the new turf." This was of course for last year but tell me who thinks it will ever change now?

Herald article: http://www.theherald.com.au/story/414950/soccer-league-join-union-at-no2-sportsground/

The Knights will play some NSW Cup matches at the ground in winter and the Jets youth and W-League sides will call the ground home in the summer.
Northern NSW Football has been given permission to use the ground on Sundays and will allow its top-tier state league clubs to make submissions to host matches there.
When told yesterday that the Knights and NNSWF had been given permission to use the ground on Sundays, NHRU general manager Fenton Coull said it was ‘‘all news to us’’.
‘‘We were hoping to use it on the odd Sunday but at the moment we haven’t heard back from council,’’ he said.
‘‘For instance, there was a Sunday in late April we were hoping to host a junior carnival there and we’re just hoping that’s still OK.’’
The NHRU and Wanderers made financial contributions to the redevelopment and Coull said rugby contacts used in the earthmoving works had saved the council about $250,000.
Council recreation advisory committee chairman Nuatali Nelmes said the ground had to cater for all sports.
‘‘It was built not just for rugby,’’ Nelmes said.
‘‘It’s been the traditional home of rugby and Newcastle and Hunter Rugby will have their offices there, but that’s only part of it.
‘‘The ground was always built for the use of everybody, especially all those sports that don’t fit into Hunter Stadium.’’
NNSWF operations manager Alan Nisbet had hoped rugby and soccer could use the ground on alternate weeks.
NNSWF put in submissions to use the ground on behalf of its state league, top-flight club Hamilton Olympic, third-tier team Cooks Hill, Women’s Premier League outfit Merewether and the Jets.
But Nisbet said it would be ‘‘very difficult’’ to have the ground ready for top-grade soccer a day after rugby union matches had been played on it every week.
‘‘We don’t see it being as quite a viable option as we had hoped for,’’ Nisbet said.
Hamilton Olympic secretary Con Gounis said his club hoped to play some of its derby matches at the bigger-capacity ground and was still open to the possibility.
Wanderers are the only guaranteed tenants this winter. The use of the ground by other groups will depend on the growth of the new turf.

nbnjet
28-01-2013, 04:51 PM
the proposed re-structure is a bit of a concern for all clubs looking to go up - why spend all the time and effort to go up to New-FM if it's not going to be around in four years

Northern are pretty pleased with the way we run things (largest club in NNSW to be accredited etc) and would be keen on having us up there, as long as we're in a position to do so, which we currently aren't

Restructure of the comp is a disaster. We will not be rewarding clubs for their abilities on and off the field. Promotion, relegation are a must in my opinion. This restructure will only promote politics in our code.

Cooks hill will be left behind if the restructure goes ahead, and that would be a shame. No matter how pleased Northern are, Cooks Hill will be shafted!

De-Champ
28-01-2013, 06:53 PM
I think you will find that Adamstown has also spent a huge amount on "its" ground, probably if the truth were known more than magic or Edgeworth, but lets not argue that point. However just for your information, magic's ground was initially developed with grants from the government.
By the way you lost me with your point about merewether bars and the library, I was unaware football was played in either of them.

I do not understand why you are so against a festival of football. By analogy if they held a food and wine festival, would you be against it becasue you felt you had to visit every exhibit and stay the whole day?
They should be commended with coming up/trying to implement something which is different and which may advance the code locally.

nbnjet
28-01-2013, 07:52 PM
I think you will find that Adamstown has also spent a huge amount on "its" ground, probably if the truth were known more than magic or Edgeworth, but lets not argue that point. However just for your information, magic's ground was initially developed with grants from the government.
By the way you lost me with your point about merewether bars and the library, I was unaware football was played in either of them.

I do not understand why you are so against a festival of football. By analogy if they held a food and wine festival, would you be against it becasue you felt you had to visit every exhibit and stay the whole day?
They should be commended with coming up/trying to implement something which is different and which may advance the code locally.

Lets argue the point i say! I can only go off info i have read or been told, and from what i am aware of both Edgy and Magic have contributed a huge amount outside of Gov funding. Show me a ground that hasnt had public funds devoted to it, but once again from all accounts the Gov funding of Wanderers Park is only minimal, unless you can advise otherwise? In saying that Weston may have foot half the bill for their lights a few years ago, no mean feat i must say. But Adamstown? Mate, what do you take me for? Adamstown spent a huge amount on their ground? You have to be kidding. From what was published in the herald i understand they got $140000 from Newcastle City Council to upgrade their lights and develop their training facility behind the main field. The grandstand was built for them. The field has always been maintained by NCC and i believe there is a semi permanent groundsman based there, or even two at times. They had care and control of all funds raised by the Adamstown No. 1 grounds committee that was packed with Adamstown people and who masterly denied other teams like Olympic the chance to play on the field when they needed to. And they spent council monies accordingly. How good would it have been for all clubs to be able to get their money back and reinvest on their own facilities. Now apart from that the canteen, which has been there longer than sliced bread, but not as long as the old entrance, i think they actually may have spent up big on the ticket box! Give me a break. Tell me where they have spent money on the facility? Im all for everybody having an opinion on this site but not for telling porkies.

IF I AM WRONG IM HAPPY TO TAKE THE CRITICISM, BUT I DONT MAKE UP STUFF!

Library / Baths, point being exactly that football is not played there yet it is Gov funded... Just because Gov funds something doesnt mean its open to whoever wants it. Just because there are a few blades of grass around the place doesnt mean that football has a right to it!

I am NOT against a wine and food festival. Sorry i will start again. I am not against a football festival. Lets get this straight i am against using No. 2, especially Olympic using No.2 sports ground. I can see Cooks Hill have a far greater argument for using No.2 but once again it belongs to NRU so there is no point fighting that, and there is no point poking the sleeping giant because as we give up a ground guess who will move in? I do however believe a football festival will not bring a mass of crowds that would justify Olympic moving to No.2 or even a Derby match that will justify a move to No.2. I cant see why they would waste monies when they can play on their own home territory, and lets face it by moving there they are giving up a home advantage. I cant help but feel they may have conjured this up with Northern via Alan Nesbit.

Have the festival but for crying out loud have it at Darling Street...

For the record i do like wine and food festivals, but i have not spent 16 hours at one, not even Octoberfest if it counts. And yes i will stroll around and pay particular attention to what catches my eye. BUT i cannot see people being at the football from morning till late just because we call the day a "festival of Football". If it was the World Cup NO PROBLEM, but seriously... If you have a 15 year old you will know they have so many other priorities too, not to mention taking the sister to netball, the other brother to Cessnock for another game. Hats off to those who will stay the whole day but apart from the committee you will be able to count them on one hand. And there is nothing new about playing football all day, plenty of clubs have played juniors before the main grades when they have had to, but i can guarantee you that with overuse of surfaces these types of events would not be a positive from the ground quality perspective. Imagine its a wet day and this festival of football digs up the ground for the NRU? Will a deserving local club like Cooks Hill ever get a chance to play on it if that is there dream?

Justify why playing a festival of football on No.2 from morning to night will advance the code?a

Zico
28-01-2013, 08:15 PM
Lets argue the point i say! I can only go off info i have read or been told, and from what i am aware of both Edgy and Magic have contributed a huge amount outside of Gov funding. Show me a ground that hasnt had public funds devoted to it, but once again from all accounts the Gov funding of Wanderers Park is only minimal, unless you can advise otherwise? In saying that Weston may have foot half the bill for their lights a few years ago, no mean feat i must say. But Adamstown? Mate, what do you take me for? Adamstown spent a huge amount on their ground? You have to be kidding. From what was published in the herald i understand they got $140000 from Newcastle City Council to upgrade their lights and develop their training facility behind the main field. The grandstand was built for them. The field has always been maintained by NCC and i believe there is a semi permanent groundsman based there, or even two at times. They had care and control of all funds raised by the Adamstown No. 1 grounds committee that was packed with Adamstown people and who masterly denied other teams like Olympic the chance to play on the field when they needed to. And they spent council monies accordingly. How good would it have been for all clubs to be able to get their money back and reinvest on their own facilities. Now apart from that the canteen, which has been there longer than sliced bread, but not as long as the old entrance, i think they actually may have spent up big on the ticket box! Give me a break. Tell me where they have spent money on the facility? Im all for everybody having an opinion on this site but not for telling porkies.

Library / Baths, point being exactly that football is not played there yet it is Gov funded... Just because Gov funds something doesnt mean its open to whoever wants it. Just because there are a few blades of grass around the place doesnt mean that football has a right to it!

I am NOT against a wine and food festival. Sorry i will start again. I am not against a football festival. Lets get this straight i am against using No. 2, especially Olympic using No.2 sports ground. I can see Cooks Hill have a far greater argument for using No.2 but once again it belongs to NRU so there is no point fighting that, and there is no point poking the sleeping giant because as we give up a ground guess who will move in? I do however believe a football festival will not bring a mass of crowds that would justify Olympic moving to No.2 or even a Derby match that will justify a move to No.2. I cant see why they would waste monies when they can play on their own home territory, and lets face it by moving there they are giving up a home advantage. I cant help but feel they may have conjured this up with Northern via Alan Nesbit.

For the record i do like wine and food festivals, but i have not spent 16 hours at one, not even Octoberfest if it counts. And yes i will stroll around and pay particular attention to what catches my eye. BUT i cannot see people being at the football from morning till late just because we call the day a "festival of Football". If it was the World Cup NO PROBLEM, but seriously... If you have a 15 year old you will know they have so many other priorities too, not to mention taking the sister to netball, the other brother to Cessnock for another game. Hats off to those who will stay the whole day but apart from the committee you will be able to count them on one hand. And there is nothing new about playing football all day, plenty of clubs have played juniors before the main grades when they have had to, but i can guarantee you that with overuse of surfaces these types of events would not be a positive from the ground quality perspective. Imagine its a wet day and this festival of football digs up the ground for the NRU? Will a deserving local club like Cooks Hill ever get a chance to play on it if that is there dream?

Justify why playing a festival of football on No.2 from morning to night will advance the code?a

Well said.

seldom
28-01-2013, 08:20 PM
have no knowledge on no.2 but trying to play football on a ground where thugby or union share is near on impossible. Look at valo and trona 2nd half of season their grounds looks like a minefield.

De-Champ
28-01-2013, 08:58 PM

For your information $60,000 or so was spent last year alone with no funding/grants form the government or whoever. The 140k you refer to was years ago, just as years ago magic's ground was developed mainly with funding/grants. Nowadays it is maintained by their own funding just as many other grounds are.
I still do not get your pont with libraries etc, anyone can use them, i don't know of anyone who has been refused entry to a library or baths (except when they are emptying them out) but what has this got to do with football.
It seems to me you have a beef with Olympic.
No where have I said or has Olympic said that you have to stay the whole day at the festival of football. Just as you mentioned plenty of other clubs have football games on all day, why can't Olympic. Or is it you just do not like the idea of Olympic trying to get onto no. 2.

shagga
28-01-2013, 09:01 PM
All of this would have been solved a few years ago if the Federation had any ambition under the Garry Screen regime.

All they done was sit on their hands and their millions$ while the Greyhound authority stole our ground, Breakers Stadium. They got it for a song and the Federation done nothing!!

Now they are going cap in hand to the Government to put in some poxy 5 a side courts at the Macquarie complex when they could have had their own Stadium. We could have had all our Grand Finals there, rep squads training out of it and playing all their games there as well. In other words a home for Football.

De-Champ
28-01-2013, 09:11 PM
All of this would have been solved a few years ago if the Federation had any ambition under the Garry Screen regime.

All they done was sit on their hands and their millions$ while the Greyhound authority stole our ground, Breakers Stadium. They got it for a song and the Federation done nothing!!

Now they are going cap in hand to the Government to put in some poxy 5 a side courts at the Macquarie complex when they could have had their own Stadium. We could have had all our Grand Finals there, rep squads training out of it and playing all their games there as well. In other words a home for Football.

That would have been the logical choice, as there was all that land next door (which at the time the owners were willng to sell some to the Breakers for training fields, but never eventuated) the problem at the time was that when the federation were based at the "Breakers" they decided to spend their money on a head offfcie of their own at hexham.

The Magician
28-01-2013, 09:17 PM
For your information $60,000 or so was spent last year alone with no funding/grants form the government or whoever. The 140k you refer to was years ago, just as years ago magic's ground was developed mainly with funding/grants. Nowadays it is maintained by their own funding just as many other grounds are.

Magic's ground mainly developed through grants? Sure... lets break it down once again... Watering System $40K, Lighting $40, Miscellaneous small grants totalling up to $12K since 2000... total= $92K ... Shit money goes far in Broadmeadow, from a flat paddock to a FIFA Certified International Training venue... Oh i almost forgot the 2 shade shelters built from the work for the dole scheme...

FYI- the 60K apparently spent last season on the 'ground' of that over 45K was contributed from the Tinkler lunch at the NJC, its good to have Baartzy in high places.

The Magician
28-01-2013, 09:27 PM
Nowadays it is maintained by their own funding just as many other grounds are.

I would be very interested to know which clubs maintain their own fields and facilities with no contributions or assistance directly from NCC and the budgets they require for the maintenance of their playing surfaces.

shagga
28-01-2013, 09:28 PM
Magic's ground mainly developed through grants? Sure... lets break it down once again... Watering System $40K, Lighting $40, Miscellaneous small grants totalling up to $12K since 2000... total= $92K ... Shit money goes far in Broadmeadow, from a flat paddock to a FIFA Certified International Training venue... Oh i almost forgot the 2 shade shelters built from the work for the dole scheme...

FYI- the 60K apparently spent last season on the 'ground' of that over 45K was contributed from the Tinkler lunch at the NJC, its good to have Baartzy in high places.

Hang on you forgot one important income stream????

10 years times $20,000 income from having the Grand Final every year, $200,000? I'm being conservative there by the way.

The Magician
28-01-2013, 09:31 PM
The only people who get 20K from the grand final is the Federation

shagga
28-01-2013, 09:36 PM
The only people who get 20K from the grand final is the Federation

ha ha ha stop it, ha ha ha, stop it.

Please!!

nbnjet
28-01-2013, 10:39 PM
I still do not get your pont with libraries etc, anyone can use them, i don't know of anyone who has been refused entry to a library or baths (except when they are emptying them out) but what has this got to do with football.
It seems to me you have a beef with Olympic.
No where have I said or has Olympic said that you have to stay the whole day at the festival of football. Just as you mentioned plenty of other clubs have football games on all day, why can't Olympic. Or is it you just do not like the idea of Olympic trying to get onto no. 2.

I think i have answered a lot of your questions and yet i have asked very little from you. I would you to answer this for me please: Justify why playing a festival of football on No.2 from morning to night will advance the code?

Dont worry about the Baths and Libraries... Either im not explaining it right or you dont get it.

I have no gripe about Olympic, far from it, except for their fascination with No.2. I have repeatedly said they have a clean and tidy facility and i find it strange that they want to move away from there. I am more concerned that if they get on No.2 they will lose Darling Street to another code. Not a good swap in my eyes. No.2 is not a far superior facility that people think it is. Further i know Olympic asked to use Adamstown several years ago and were turned back by Adamstown, and i believe that was totally unjustified, but if your in the loop at Adamstown you should know this, and it was common knowledge. I do however think they can improve in many areas, some of which i know first hand, particularly IMO their policies when selecting teams, but not limited to this.

I do however have a preference for the work that Edgeworth are doing and the hard work they are putting in to the game, as is many other a club, including Southy and Magic and these guys should be applauded for what they are doing. Edgy still have a way to go to challenge for the State League GF but they are definately headed in the right direction, and lets face it the club with the best facility, or near enough, should get the GF. Also a mention for a heap of work Weston does off field. And from what i have seen recently a very progressive Cooks Hill. Im all for moving forward.

Lets get this straight. I have said it too many times now and you are not listening, you are trying to muddy the waters by not accepting what i have said. You do not need to agree but do not play me for a fool.

I DO NOT like the idea of Olympic playing on No.2 Sports Ground. Let me say it again. I DO NOT like the idea of Olympic playing on No.2 Sports Ground. I have justified this many times including the fact that they have a perfectly good State League quality ground at Darling Street, they have a great playing surface, they have two fields at Darling Street, it is their home ground, they have ample room for any fixtures they hold at the ground including derbys and semi finals, they have a great canteen, and yet i have heard NOT ONE SINGLE POINT OF VIEW that justifies that moving games to No.2 sports ground will be a positive for Olympic OR EVEN THE CODE.

If anyone should be playing at No.2 it should be Cooks Hill, but once again i feel this is a NRU ground and we are wasting valuable time and friends trying to muscle them off. Northern should be helping the clubs get funding and lobbying on their behalf for funds and assisting them with cheap practical initiatives to improve their facilitates. Lets forget about No.2. It wont happen.

Now to Adamstown. They received funding for the upgrade of their lights and the installation of their training facility on the back side of their ground. The funding was $140'000. Yes thats right i will spell it out for you ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY THOUSAND DOLLARS. Who gets that sort of funding? Plus i believe they received a top up to complete the training field, maybe something to do with drainage? Are you in the loop, can you confirm? The lights and training field were only completed at the beginning of last year, so this does not count as "years ago". Can you tell me what clubs have received $140'000 in their history let alone in the last couple years?

Tell me what did they spend $60'000 on? This is a large amount of money and i cant say i have seen anything at the ground which can justify a $60'000 spend? Can anyone else?

As for Magic i think most people would agree the facility was built primarily by the Magic community. Lets say FOR EXAMPLE they have received $200'000 worth of funding since they began the facility taking it over after Wanderers Rugby left many years earlier because it was a swamp. They put up lighting last year worth $250'000 dollars. Ok so now as part of this example they have used up all the funding that the Gov has given them. But Wait. What did they build the clubhouse with? And what did they build the second grandstand with? And how in gods name did they drain and irrigate and grass their field. Lets be fair here i could say the same for most of Edgeworth as well. I think you are being totally unreasonable with your statements, they lack fact, and i am thinking they are obviously directed to discredit hard working clubs for who knows what reason.

Can you tell me in fact how Magic mainly built their facility from Gov funding? Lets not beat around the bush here. You are making unjustified statements and should be able to back them up with fact, and if you cant i would think the forum administrators might give you a holiday because the clubs who you slander might not take lightly to unfactual dribble.

Quite frankly i would love to see all clubs develop and move forward, but it is not reasonable to knock those that have put the hard work in. You have made many a throw away lines with no facts or figures. Time to put up or shut up in my opinion.

nbnjet
28-01-2013, 11:18 PM
Hang on you forgot one important income stream????

10 years times $20,000 income from having the Grand Final every year, $200,000? I'm being conservative there by the way.

Didnt know the facility was that old and had that many GFs. $20k is just a guess though is it not? Or is it factual? Maybe Northerns new facility will accommodate the GF in the future? After they spend $7M you would think it will. Well IMO Magic probably deserve what ever they make on GF day as where ever they go their crowd goes and its always a bumper day and no doubt a money spinner for the home club. I do think at GF they always seem to have huge support, as does Southy every year.

Assuming they receive a conservative made up amount of $20k each year, over ten years if that is correct, will make $200k. Now that covers their lights that they put up with only $40k of Gov funding and i think that project cost them $250k. So just as most other clubs have had their lights put in for them by either council or sport and rec, lets call it even now. GF at Edgy next year and we can do the rounds around all the clubs after that.

Just on GF Edgy got Semis and GFs from other divisions, as did Adamstown, Olympic, and Lambton Jaffas if i recall correctly. So Income streams all round wouldnt you say?

The Magician
29-01-2013, 12:20 AM
Not entirely sure if the first GF at Wanderers was in 2005 or 2006.

In regards to other comments about Magic and wanderers, the maintenance and works are totally managed by Broadmeadow Magic with a budget per annum that most top club's use on their playing squad. Many other clubs have received substantial hand outs from local and state government which is fantastic, Magic's hosting of the GF is just rewards for investing club funds into its own facilities. As more and more clubs follow they will be and are starting to be rewarded for their efforts hosting premier events. Before Wanderers for how many years was the grand final held at Edgeworth or Speers Point and what investment was directed into improving those facilities. None, clubs have only been actively improving their facilities in the last 2 years because they might feel they are now so far 'behind'.

FYI the works carried out at Wanderers Oval by Broadmeadow Magic alone is valued at over 5 million $$$ to replace as new as is. No2 was apparently built for $7.5M

Any conversations on GF profits are grossly off the mark. If clubs relied on hosting grand finals to post a profit maybe they should enrol themselves into a WEA business management course. The amount of preparation, organisation and work that goes into hosting the day are rarely taken into consideration, all of the 65+ volunteers that Magic rope in to work at the GF would rather spend their day cheering on their boys getting on the turps. Im sure the host club would rather collect the gate takings and have the Fed run the canteens.

Clubs should instead be trying to reign in exploding player wages and reinvest those funds into their facilities, or junior development and coaching.

Premy
29-01-2013, 07:32 AM
Can you tell me what clubs have received $140'000 in their history let alone in the last couple years?

I know Swansea got around the $400,000 mark for a new club house and surface but that was all concil work and for the juniors as well Warnersbay got a substantial amount too. I will admit but $140,000 to be spent on a senior club is strange and I'm sure most clubs would be sceaming injustices that there is not that sort of money coming there way.

Zico
29-01-2013, 08:01 AM

In regards to other comments about Magic and wanderers, the maintenance and works are totally managed by Broadmeadow Magic with a budget per annum that most top club's use on their playing squad. Many other clubs have received substantial hand outs from local and state government which is fantastic, Magic's hosting of the GF is just rewards for investing club funds into its own facilities. As more and more clubs follow they will be and are starting to be rewarded for their efforts hosting premier events. Before Wanderers for how many years was the grand final held at Edgeworth or Speers Point and what investment was directed into improving those facilities. None, clubs have only been actively improving their facilities in the last 2 years because they might feel they are now so far 'behind'.

FYI the works carried out at Wanderers Oval by Broadmeadow Magic alone is valued at over 5 million $$$ to replace as new as is. No2 was apparently built for $7.5M

Any conversations on GF profits are grossly off the mark. If clubs relied on hosting grand finals to post a profit maybe they should enrol themselves into a WEA business management course. The amount of preparation, organisation and work that goes into hosting the day are rarely taken into consideration, all of the 65+ volunteers that Magic rope in to work at the GF would rather spend their day cheering on their boys getting on the turps. Im sure the host club would rather collect the gate takings and have the Fed run the canteens.

Clubs should instead be trying to reign in exploding player wages and reinvest those funds into their facilities, or junior development and coaching.
I agree 100% but as long as we have promotion and relegation this will never happen. Clubs are being held to ransome by players and the game is moving in the wong direction when it comes to this side of things.

Clubs are concerned that if they spend $100k on their ground it will leave them without the folding gear to support a side that will be strong enough to stay in State League.

This is an area the Fed could look at.

Youaskedforit
29-01-2013, 09:05 AM

Good to hear, so there will be no arguments from Magic, when Edgy get the GF this year ?

Premy
29-01-2013, 09:25 AM
[/i][/b]
i agree 100% but as long as we have promotion and relegation this will never happen. Clubs are being held to ransome by players and the game is moving in the wong direction when it comes to this side of things.

Clubs are concerned that if they spend $100k on their ground it will leave them without the folding gear to support a side that will be strong enough to stay in state league.

This is an area the fed could look at.

salary cap

De-Champ
29-01-2013, 10:15 AM

Sure buddy
The Tinkler lunch, was shared between the jockey club, westpac helicopter and rosebuds. Rosebuds did not receive 45K.

De-Champ
29-01-2013, 10:19 AM
I think i have answered a lot of your questions and yet i have asked very little from you. I would you to answer this for me please: Justify why playing a festival of football on No.2 from morning to night will advance the code?

Dont worry about the Baths and Libraries... Either im not explaining it right or you dont get it.

I have no gripe about Olympic, far from it, except for their fascination with No.2. I have repeatedly said they have a clean and tidy facility and i find it strange that they want to move away from there. I am more concerned that if they get on No.2 they will lose Darling Street to another code. Not a good swap in my eyes. No.2 is not a far superior facility that people think it is. Further i know Olympic asked to use Adamstown several years ago and were turned back by Adamstown, and i believe that was totally unjustified, but if your in the loop at Adamstown you should know this, and it was common knowledge. I do however think they can improve in many areas, some of which i know first hand, particularly IMO their policies when selecting teams, but not limited to this.

I do however have a preference for the work that Edgeworth are doing and the hard work they are putting in to the game, as is many other a club, including Southy and Magic and these guys should be applauded for what they are doing. Edgy still have a way to go to challenge for the State League GF but they are definately headed in the right direction, and lets face it the club with the best facility, or near enough, should get the GF. Also a mention for a heap of work Weston does off field. And from what i have seen recently a very progressive Cooks Hill. Im all for moving forward.

Lets get this straight. I have said it too many times now and you are not listening, you are trying to muddy the waters by not accepting what i have said. You do not need to agree but do not play me for a fool.

I DO NOT like the idea of Olympic playing on No.2 Sports Ground. Let me say it again. I DO NOT like the idea of Olympic playing on No.2 Sports Ground. I have justified this many times including the fact that they have a perfectly good State League quality ground at Darling Street, they have a great playing surface, they have two fields at Darling Street, it is their home ground, they have ample room for any fixtures they hold at the ground including derbys and semi finals, they have a great canteen, and yet i have heard NOT ONE SINGLE POINT OF VIEW that justifies that moving games to No.2 sports ground will be a positive for Olympic OR EVEN THE CODE.

If anyone should be playing at No.2 it should be Cooks Hill, but once again i feel this is a NRU ground and we are wasting valuable time and friends trying to muscle them off. Northern should be helping the clubs get funding and lobbying on their behalf for funds and assisting them with cheap practical initiatives to improve their facilitates. Lets forget about No.2. It wont happen.

Now to Adamstown. They received funding for the upgrade of their lights and the installation of their training facility on the back side of their ground. The funding was $140'000. Yes thats right i will spell it out for you ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY THOUSAND DOLLARS. Who gets that sort of funding? Plus i believe they received a top up to complete the training field, maybe something to do with drainage? Are you in the loop, can you confirm? The lights and training field were only completed at the beginning of last year, so this does not count as "years ago". Can you tell me what clubs have received $140'000 in their history let alone in the last couple years?

Tell me what did they spend $60'000 on? This is a large amount of money and i cant say i have seen anything at the ground which can justify a $60'000 spend? Can anyone else?

As for Magic i think most people would agree the facility was built primarily by the Magic community. Lets say FOR EXAMPLE they have received $200'000 worth of funding since they began the facility taking it over after Wanderers Rugby left many years earlier because it was a swamp. They put up lighting last year worth $250'000 dollars. Ok so now as part of this example they have used up all the funding that the Gov has given them. But Wait. What did they build the clubhouse with? And what did they build the second grandstand with? And how in gods name did they drain and irrigate and grass their field. Lets be fair here i could say the same for most of Edgeworth as well. I think you are being totally unreasonable with your statements, they lack fact, and i am thinking they are obviously directed to discredit hard working clubs for who knows what reason.

Can you tell me in fact how Magic mainly built their facility from Gov funding? Lets not beat around the bush here. You are making unjustified statements and should be able to back them up with fact, and if you cant i would think the forum administrators might give you a holiday because the clubs who you slander might not take lightly to unfactual dribble.

Quite frankly i would love to see all clubs develop and move forward, but it is not reasonable to knock those that have put the hard work in. You have made many a throw away lines with no facts or figures. Time to put up or shut up in my opinion.

$60K was spent on the ground whether you can see it or not.
Since 2009/10 $4k has been received in grant monies. I do not know where you get the figure of $140K, in your previous rant you mentioned the grandstand, that was rebuilt some time prior to 1995, when Pat Clarke was there, he moved to the Breakers in 1995/96 or there abouts.
Like I said you have a beef with Olympic trying to get the use of no 2.

cobra23
29-01-2013, 10:48 AM
Since 2009/10 $4k has been received in grant monies. I do not know where you get the figure of $140K, in your previous rant you mentioned the grandstand, that was rebuilt some time prior to 1995, when Pat Clarke was there, he moved to the Breakers in 1995/96 or there abouts.

I think everybody has a beef about it...
Well football minded people do anyway.
Personally i would not like to see any football getting played out of that venue.
The surface itself would out do any good that the faciltys would produce..
it will be no different to playing/watching any games out of cahill,lyall peacock etc
the facilitys are perfect but the surfaces year in year out ruin the game of football.

De-Champ
29-01-2013, 01:40 PM
[/B]

I think everybody has a beef about it...
Well football minded people do anyway.
Personally i would not like to see any football getting played out of that venue.
The surface itself would out do any good that the faciltys would produce..
it will be no different to playing/watching any games out of cahill,lyall peacock etc
the facilitys are perfect but the surfaces year in year out ruin the game of football.

Fair enough. If that is your view good luck to you. Personally I do not have a problem of having a one off event played out of a better venue, for the fans that turn up to such an event. I do not know the capacity of Darling STreet, but I dare say it would not be the 5K that no2 holds.

Zico
29-01-2013, 01:45 PM
Fair enough. If that is your view good luck to you. Personally I do not have a problem of having a one off event played out of a better venue, for the fans that turn up to such an event. I do not know the capacity of Darling STreet, but I dare say it would not be the 5K that no2 holds.
Realistic number of supporters who would attend the day would not be even close to 5k. Over the entire day you would be lucky to have 500 to 1,000 people come and go through the gates and lucky to have 300 stay for 1st grade.

Imyourhero
29-01-2013, 01:55 PM
So what are people's predictions for season 2013?
I'm going to say;
Jets youth
Magic
Charly
Hamilton
Edgy
Southy
Jaffas
Weston
Valentine
Lake Mac

Should be a very close and entertaining competition this year.

De-Champ
29-01-2013, 02:03 PM
Realistic number of supporters who would attend the day would not be even close to 5k. Over the entire day you would be lucky to have 500 to 1,000 people come and go through the gates and lucky to have 300 stay for 1st grade.

Maybe not, the only advantage of having it at a venue such as no 2 would be for spectator compfort and better off field facilties, compared with Darling street.

EH9
29-01-2013, 04:26 PM
[/I][/B]
I agree 100% but as long as we have promotion and relegation this will never happen. Clubs are being held to ransome by players and the game is moving in the wong direction when it comes to this side of things.

Clubs are concerned that if they spend $100k on their ground it will leave them without the folding gear to support a side that will be strong enough to stay in State League.

This is an area the Fed could look at.

Absolutely correct. From my estimations most clubs would spend similar amounts on players, some would just spend it on paying a few large amounts and others nothing or simple bonus payments. But unless there is an embargo on relegation, 5 years would be long enough, when the restructure happens clubs will still fork out whatever it takes to keep them up. The proposed points system will go some way to slowing the tide of player payments but won't fix the problem completely.

If promotion/relegation was removed for this time period, in both the top and 2nd division I am confident you would see clubs spending more money on infrastructure, coaching and development. Most clubs are now moving in the right direction with development but still a lot has to happen to make it pay dividends in the long term.

I would like to see both NBN and NEW FM become 12 team competitions. There seems to be enough strength running around in ID's to accommodate this.

EH9
29-01-2013, 04:27 PM
So what are people's predictions for season 2013?
I'm going to say;
Jets youth
Magic
Charly
Hamilton
Edgy
Southy
Jaffas
Weston
Valentine
Lake Mac

Should be a very close and entertaining competition this year.

Magic will win the competition comfortably IMO, if the new coach can keep all the players happy.

MFKS
29-01-2013, 05:24 PM
There has been a few mentions of what has gone on at Edgy redevloping their ground in the last few years. Can some one enlighten me as to what these are???

Imyourhero
29-01-2013, 05:39 PM
Ive heard along the grapevine that Weston have lost a few players and havent really "announced" any extra new and quality players in.
Either way still think all across the board it may prove to be one of the toughest and closest seasons yet.

nbnjet
29-01-2013, 08:29 PM
Good to hear, so there will be no arguments from Magic, when Edgy get the GF this year ?

Sounds bloody good to me, but will Northern allow it? There is no doubt that Magic have the best facility and the most central if we are to consider the area the centre of sport in the Region, so it would be interestign to see if Northern are happy to keep it there or to move it to another venue, and really the only other venue is Edgy. I would be interested to see what the clubs think about this? I wonder if they actually like having it at Wanderers Park or if they would prefer to rotate it around all State League venues. And for the record i DO NOT support taking it to No.2 Sports Ground, which from a NRU club news program i was reading stated the ground as being the "home of union". Hats off to MAgic though they do a terrific job and the playing pitch always looks perfect.

nbnjet
29-01-2013, 08:51 PM

There is no way possible Adamstown has spent $60k on the pitch at Adamstown Oval. There is no way at all. You are telling porkies again. You have no credibility as far as i am concerned. Prove me wrong!

Ground drainage was only done a couple years back and was fully funded once again by NCC. I mean you could top soil and fertilise the ground for 60k but only if you were prepared to fill the ground with enough soil to have it bursting over the fence.

And you are right the about the Grandstand and exactly the point i was making. Everything at that ground was funded by NCC. Where is the contribution from Adamstown to "their" facility. While every other State League team invests hard earned cash to their facility, Adamstowns facility gets NCC gold ribbon funding. It is fairly obvious that they are well connected and rewarded. They even got funding for the murals painted around the facility while some venues roofs rust away like that at Olympics dressing sheds. What Adamstown have not done is contribute to the facility primarily because it is always fully funded by NCC, or by themselves to themselves via the old Adamstown Oval Grounds Committee.

And for the record i was told by one of the Adamstown committee members that the Tinkler lunch was indeed split a number of ways and that you guys did receive $45k. So the Magician is correct on this one.

Like i have confirmed i HAVE A MASSIVE ISSUE WITH OLYMPIC USING NO.2 ("the home of Union"). Shall i say it again just to have you write back that i have an issue with it? I have only stated it thirty times that i have an issue with it. But i have an Answer for you. Why doesnt Olympic have their Festival of Football at ADAMSTOWN OVAL? Wow, a win win situation...

Why dont you answer at least a couple of the questions being put to you instead of regurgitating more dribble without fact or basis.

Here is a couple you can start with:
1. How will a festival of football be good for the code?
2. How exactly did Adamstown spend 60k on their facility/pitch?

nbnjet
29-01-2013, 09:05 PM

Maybe not, the only advantage of having it at a venue such as no 2 would be for spectator compfort and better off field facilties, compared with Darling street.

OK officially De-Champ is smoking more than gum leaves...

Insinuating that No.2 holds 5k makes me laugh, like really hard on the floor, rolling around. Are we seriously thinking that 5k people will turn up? Better move it to Hunter Stadium!

Thank you Zico. You probably have exaggerated your figures to be honest.

The only advantage to having the festival of football at No.2 is spectator comfort and off field facilities. Ok so now we have a reason why we should take the game there. Once again plenty of seating at Darling Street and im sure that Olympic could build a descent toilet block if they put their minds to it. And what about promoting all those Union sponsors around the ground? Real good move i say...

goaliepersempre
30-01-2013, 08:21 AM

Insinuating that No.2 holds 5k makes me laugh, like really hard on the floor, rolling around. Are we seriously thinking that 5k people will turn up? Better move it to Hunter Stadium!

The only advantage to having the festival of football at No.2 is spectator comfort and off field facilities. Ok so now we have a reason why we should take the game there. Once again plenty of seating at Darling Street and im sure that Olympic could build a descent toilet block if they put their minds to it. And what about promoting all those Union sponsors around the ground? Real good move i say...

so is your beef with using a very nice facility?

or is it you dont like "Rugby Union"?

seriously the way you guys are behaving is beyond farcical seriously... grow up...

becareful what you say on here.. when discussing clubs and finances..

get back to actually talking about the football geesh...

cobra23
30-01-2013, 08:52 AM

or is it you dont like "Rugby Union"?

seriously the way you guys are behaving is beyond farcical seriously... grow up...

Bottom line is i do not give too shits on what clubs spend on faciltys or which clubs pay or ncc pay.
My problem is LEARN from how shit football is to watch from shared facilitys with different codes.

De-Champ
30-01-2013, 10:51 AM

I do not know waht youa re on about. The 5K figure is from the union people themselves. I never said that 5K would turn up, read my post again, where does it say 5K will turn up.
By the way the way Rosebuds did not receive 45K, you cant' seem to add up, if they did and it wa split three ways the Tinkler lunch would have had to make a profit of $135,000, which is inpossible. wow at 300 or so people who turned up, after taking out freebies etc, but we won't count them, that is $450 per ticket. Even if 600 turned up wow that is $225 per ticket. It seems you are the one with zero credibility.

De-Champ
30-01-2013, 10:53 AM
[QUOTE=De-Champ;26042]I do not know waht youa re on about. The 5K figure is from the union people themselves. I never said that 5K would turn up, read my post again, where does it say 5K will turn up.
By the way the way Rosebuds did not receive 45K, you cant' seem to add up, if they did and it was split three ways the Tinkler lunch would have had to make a profit of $135,000, which is inpossible, wow at 300 or so people who turned up, after taking out freebies etc, but we won't count them, that is $450 per ticket. Even if 600 turned up wow that is $225 per ticket. Add the expenses that would go on top of this the ticket price must have be astronomical. It seems you are the one with zero credibility.

cobra23
30-01-2013, 11:00 AM
I do not know waht youa re on about. The 5K figure is from the union people themselves. I never said that 5K would turn up, read my post again, where does it say 5K will turn up.
By the way the way Rosebuds did not receive 45K, you cant' seem to add up, if they did and it wa split three ways the Tinkler lunch would have had to make a profit of $135,000, which is inpossible. wow at 300 or so people who turned up, after taking out freebies etc, but we won't count them, that is $450 per ticket. Even if 600 turned up wow that is $225 per ticket. It seems you are the one with zero credibility.

Anyway, De-Champion
Start talking this Shite in the NEWFM thread, Last time i checked Adamstown were not in NBN.
By the way NO2 = SHIT FOOTBALL

idontwannaplaywithhowey
30-01-2013, 11:40 AM
There is no way possible Adamstown has spent $60k on the pitch at Adamstown Oval. There is no way at all. You are telling porkies again. You have no credibility as far as i am concerned. Prove me wrong!

Ground drainage was only done a couple years back and was fully funded once again by NCC. I mean you could top soil and fertilise the ground for 60k but only if you were prepared to fill the ground with enough soil to have it bursting over the fence.

And you are right the about the Grandstand and exactly the point i was making. Everything at that ground was funded by NCC. Where is the contribution from Adamstown to "their" facility. While every other State League team invests hard earned cash to their facility, Adamstowns facility gets NCC gold ribbon funding. It is fairly obvious that they are well connected and rewarded. They even got funding for the murals painted around the facility while some venues roofs rust away like that at Olympics dressing sheds. What Adamstown have not done is contribute to the facility primarily because it is always fully funded by NCC, or by themselves to themselves via the old Adamstown Oval Grounds Committee.

And for the record i was told by one of the Adamstown committee members that the Tinkler lunch was indeed split a number of ways and that you guys did receive $45k. So the Magician is correct on this one.

Like i have confirmed i HAVE A MASSIVE ISSUE WITH OLYMPIC USING NO.2 ("the home of Union"). Shall i say it again just to have you write back that i have an issue with it? I have only stated it thirty times that i have an issue with it. But i have an Answer for you. Why doesnt Olympic have their Festival of Football at ADAMSTOWN OVAL? Wow, a win win situation...

Why dont you answer at least a couple of the questions being put to you instead of regurgitating more dribble without fact or basis.

2. How exactly did Adamstown spend 60k on their facility/pitch?

I'm not exactly sure of the full amount that Adamstown have spent on Adamstown Oval, however as our club ground shares with them at that facility and I do know they have undertaken a great deal of work there, particularly their training ground out the back. In terms of the pitch itself (and surrounds), in the last couple of years our club (New Lambton Eagles) have spent around $2500 on the lights and also provided concreting and financial support for the new 'beer shed' (which we went halves with Adamstown in). I would assume with these endeavours that Adamstown have matched our financial input, and am aware that they have spent a lot more on the element of the facilities designed for their sole use.

seldom
30-01-2013, 12:52 PM

This ^^....or maybe start a No.2 thread where you two can rant

namwob99
30-01-2013, 01:35 PM
Or maybe swap phone numbers and ring each other!!

The Magician
30-01-2013, 10:57 PM
I'm not exactly sure of the full amount that Adamstown have spent on Adamstown Oval, however as our club ground shares with them at that facility and I do know they have undertaken a great deal of work there, particularly their training ground out the back. In terms of the pitch itself (and surrounds), in the last couple of years our club (New Lambton Eagles) have spent around $2500 on the lights and also provided concreting and financial support for the new 'beer shed' (which we went halves with Adamstown in). I would assume with these endeavours that Adamstown have matched our financial input, and am aware that they have spent a lot more on the element of the facilities designed for their sole use.

Should Adamstown be promoted, before the champagne is popped the New Lambton Eagles committee will be receiving the call to find another ground I can guarantee you that, and you (Eagles) will have zero support from NCC, it's premier competition commitment states that first division clubs have the right to exclusivity over their playing fields. I would be seeking further assurances of future use before committing to projects.

Who uses the training ground out the back?

The Magician
30-01-2013, 11:08 PM
Any news or rumblings on Charity Shield? Dates? Teams/ Solo Cup or WPL before?

EH9
31-01-2013, 10:18 AM

Perhaps we look at it a different way...... would it be bad for football? No. The idea of that many games on one day at a Rugby ground is silly, I will 100% agree with you on that but it wouldn't do our game any harm.

EH9
31-01-2013, 10:22 AM
Any news or rumblings on Charity Shield? Dates? Teams/ Solo Cup or WPL before?

Charity shield will be on the Sunday before the competition starts between your club and Olympic.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
31-01-2013, 10:38 AM
Should Adamstown be promoted, before the champagne is popped the New Lambton Eagles committee will be receiving the call to find another ground I can guarantee you that, and you (Eagles) will have zero support from NCC, it's premier competition commitment states that first division clubs have the right to exclusivity over their playing fields. I would be seeking further assurances of future use before committing to projects.

The Eagles are well aware of that possibility and we meet regularly with the council to discuss the future. We have undertaken a number of actions in regards to the ground out of goodwill, and have an understanding that long term tenure isnt guaranteed.

And the training ground is used by the Rosebuds is my understanding.

The Magician
31-01-2013, 07:29 PM
Charity shield will be on the Sunday before the competition starts between your club and Olympic.

The Sunday before the season starts is Easter Sunday, i think its highly unlikely NNSWF would make the fixture on this day and make clubs play on a public/holy holiday.

nbnjet
31-01-2013, 08:09 PM

or is it you dont like "Rugby Union"? / seriously the way you guys are behaving is beyond farcical seriously... grow up... becareful what you say on here.. when discussing clubs and finances.. / get back to actually talking about the football geesh...

I have no problem with Union. I do however not like the idea that we are pushing to access a Union ground. Union is well connected and im sure NCC will quickly get some harsh words from the well connected Union people who contributed a large amount of money and in-kind services for the development of No.2. And once again a tidy venue at Darling Street, so does not make sense. Not to mention how bad the football is on a multi use field.

ANYHOW if Olympic want to use the facility, go your hardest. I can't see any positives for them, and as i have said they may find other codes knocking on NCC doors asking for access to Darling St oval. How would we all feel as a football community? I would be a gust as such a scenario... Lets not cut our nose off despite our face.

Farcical. NOT. But in the eye of the beholder. I do however enjoy the robust debate, and for like minded football supporters, forums like this will help grow our community, and maybe even help solve many of our codes issues.

Agreed we need to be careful when talking clubs and their finances, BUT for someone to get on here and say that a club spent 60k on a ground without explaining what they actually spent it on is too rich in my eyes, better off not saying it, right? At least at Edgy when they say they spent 10k* on retaining walls and 5k* on the ticket box you can see the progress. * = fictional figures for the purpose of explaining my point.

Football geesh will begin when the season starts, and this thread relates to all things football...

nbnjet
31-01-2013, 09:47 PM
Anyway, De-Champion
Start talking this Shite in the NEWFM thread, Last time i checked Adamstown were not in NBN.
By the way NO2 = SHIT FOOTBALL

In case you missed the web address for the New FM thread here it is:
http://www.newcastlefootball.net/forum/showthread.php?387-2013-NEW-FM-League-Thread

nbnjet
31-01-2013, 09:53 PM
This ^^....or maybe start a No.2 thread where you two can rant

Yeah.... NOT....

Youaskedforit
01-02-2013, 08:20 AM
Anyway back to the news .....

Was at Azzuri training last night, ( as a spectator ), and all five teams looked very strong, they will be there abouts i think.

immersion
01-02-2013, 08:30 AM
Someone mentioned on the forum that scott petit has gone to the lightning. Can anyone prove or disprove this?

demon
01-02-2013, 08:33 AM

The overall plan seems to be when training as individual sides: First Grade will use the main Oval, 23's will use the facility to the rear of the main oval and the 19's are using the area between Magic Juniors and Adamstown Juniors (it has a name apparently I've just been too lazy to remember it).

At present as with most clubs a fair bit is done together, Adamstown 19's coach is not available on Mondays which forces that to happen also.

Not sure on the quality of lights the 23's and 19's have access once daylight savings start to but obviously good enough the club thinks it safe. And great for the grounds to be able to minimise the traffic each areas incurs.

Youaskedforit
01-02-2013, 08:36 AM
Think the stags are playing sunday, no idea where or against who, hows that for a good help. :)

goaliepersempre
01-02-2013, 08:43 AM
The overall plan seems to be when training as individual sides: First Grade will use the main Oval, 23's will use the facility to the rear of the main oval and the 19's are using the area between Magic Juniors and Adamstown Juniors (it has a name apparently I've just been too lazy to remember it).

At present as with most clubs a fair bit is done together, Adamstown 19's coach is not available on Mondays which forces that to happen also.

Not sure on the quality of lights the 23's and 19's have access once daylight savings start to but obviously good enough the club thinks it safe. And great for the grounds to be able to minimise the traffic each areas incurs.

if 19s out the back between junior grounds nothing has changed is pretty woefull.. like 1 light... Horrible for keepers :blink:

Back in the day at adamstown, all grades used to train out there on the Tuesday (19s started earlier) and then Thursday night was limited run on the main pitch.

seldom
02-02-2013, 11:32 AM
anyone know has magics trial been called off today ?

The Magician
02-02-2013, 01:09 PM
Magic was called off

seldom
02-02-2013, 02:14 PM
cheers

chocolate soldier
11-02-2013, 10:28 PM
anyone got predictions for the year now after some clubs have had trials????

Youaskedforit
12-02-2013, 12:03 AM
Interesting sight, lambton jaffas training at finnan oval tonight, maybe they and toronto juniors working with each other or Abe helped organise it.

cobra23
12-02-2013, 11:23 AM
magic vs valo tonight at valentine juniors 6.30pm

chocolate soldier
12-02-2013, 11:47 AM
what grades are playing cobra23?

cobra23
12-02-2013, 11:51 AM
what grades are playing cobra23?

I think its just first grade,
but you would think both teams will be rotating there players.

chocolate soldier
12-02-2013, 11:59 AM
I think its just first grade,
but you would think both teams will be rotating there players.

could potentially be a tough night for valentine considering they got rolled by adamstown the other day

The Magician
12-02-2013, 12:04 PM
Both first grade and u23's will be playing tonight. U23 6pm first grade 6:30... Side by side. Valo junior fields

Flint_tropics
12-02-2013, 11:46 PM
Does anybody know the results for both grades . valo v magic ?

The Manager
13-02-2013, 03:28 PM
Does anybody know the results for both grades . valo v magic ?

First Grade - Magic 6 def Phoenix 4
U/23's - Phoenix 4- def Magic 2

late_to_the_game
13-02-2013, 08:28 PM
I was told that the 1st grade game was a 4 all draw???

Lofty
13-02-2013, 11:34 PM
I was told that the 1st grade game was a 4 all draw???

it was 4 all, but magic's goals were worth 1.5 each ;)

EH9
14-02-2013, 08:36 AM
Word from Magic's coaching staff was 6-4 magic.

ForeverRed
15-02-2013, 04:04 PM
trial Sunday. South Cardiff v Weston at Weston, all grades, u15's at 10 am, first grade at 5 pm

EH9
16-02-2013, 06:48 PM
Adamstown beat Magic 2-1 today

prawnhead
16-02-2013, 07:12 PM

What were lower grades scores?

nbnjet
17-02-2013, 04:14 PM

Are we to assume Magic are in trouble already?

Zico
17-02-2013, 04:59 PM
Are we to assume Magic are in trouble already?
lol No.

Jaf Jaf
17-02-2013, 05:49 PM
Jaffas vs Albion Park White Eagles (Wollongong Premier League)

Jaffas won both grades

1st grade won 3-1
23s won 4-2

A great road trip on and off the field ;)

ForeverRed
17-02-2013, 08:03 PM
South Cardiff 2.1 over Weston, 3 all 23s

cobra23
18-02-2013, 08:30 AM

I watched this game,
I hope i dont eat my words this season about magic playing a level above the rest...

They have been terrible so far..
credit to adamstown who ran and counterd well.
Magic seemed to be either not taking it to serious or just victims of a massive training week.
They have some very quick lads out there but they all looked very heavy legged..

I asked the question to one of the players and they said they played on tuesday night, trained bar beach on
wednesday and friday night then backed up on saturday.

magician
18-02-2013, 12:58 PM
any news on the olympic vs valo games

Keep the long balls short
18-02-2013, 01:03 PM
What were lower grades scores?

Rosebuds 23s 1 v Magic 23s 1
Rosebuds 19s 1 v Magic 19s 8 (Eight)

chocolate soldier
18-02-2013, 02:15 PM
what happened to the old pre season cup that used to run years ago?? why did they get rid of it?

ForeverRed
18-02-2013, 04:09 PM
any news on the olympic vs valo games
nil all first grade

zzzzzzzzzz
18-02-2013, 04:18 PM
nil all first grade

23's Valo 3 - 1

The Magician
18-02-2013, 06:52 PM
what happened to the old pre season cup that used to run years ago?? why did they get rid of it?

Fed took over the marketing of the Charity Shield that Magic started for their neighbours westpac rescue helicopter... after that Presidents cup was canned, preseason trials to be organised by clubs pretty much. Charity Shield was NBN opener until State cup introduced in 2010. Rounds of State Cup to be played before start of NBN Season, theres the Fed's attention during preseason.

I think the last Presidents cup was 2008 (won by Magic).

cobra23
19-02-2013, 09:46 AM
Good opener for the season

Charity Shield - Magic vs Olympic

immersion
19-02-2013, 03:18 PM
Good opener for the season

Charity Shield - Magic vs Olympic

Will be fantastic match. It is a high value match even though it is glorified trail match. Tensions will be high i would imagine.

Both teams will want to win. And there is that awesome rivalry between both clubs.

The question is will any team be missing a player or 2 through suspension LOL.

wannabe
19-02-2013, 04:50 PM
which players do you think are suspended immersion,even though i dont think suspensions count in the charity shield,as you said it is a trial game

EH9
20-02-2013, 08:02 AM
I think in last season's Charity shiled one of the players missed the game due to a carry over suspension from the previous season due to it now being a Federation sanctioned event.

goaliepersempre
20-02-2013, 08:07 AM
also, cards are counted if i am not wrong, in official trial games

immersion
20-02-2013, 08:29 AM
which players do you think are suspended immersion,even though i dont think suspensions count in the charity shield,as you said it is a trial game

Sorry i was writing that on my phone. I meant to say i wonder if any club will have suspended players after the match as it is usually a heated affair. my apologies wannabie.

ForeverRed
23-02-2013, 12:45 PM
the jets youth will be able to field a senior mentor in the NBN state league this season, Ive been told from a good source it will be Stuart Musilak, not sure if hes the right choice to be a mentor with his problems from the pass

Imyourhero
23-02-2013, 04:07 PM
What a great role model for our future stars!

prawnhead
23-02-2013, 04:17 PM
the jets youth will be able to field a senior mentor in the NBN state league this season, Ive been told from a good source it will be Stuart Musilak, not sure if hes the right choice to be a mentor with his problems from the pass

Sometimes the best mentors to youth are those who have experienced problems but have turned the corner. Could be a good thing provided he has turned the corner.

seldom
23-02-2013, 04:33 PM
Not sure what to think of this tbh...Stu certainly has been around the block.Have they created the "senior mentor" role so the jets can have a look at Stu in the off season.Anyways good luck to him if true.

MFKS
24-02-2013, 12:05 PM
Wouldn't the Former UNDISPUTED King St Fighting Champion of the world be the man??

Hasn't played all season with his knee and after his jaw injury surely a season in the State League will be the go for him???

Flint_tropics
26-02-2013, 09:46 PM
South cardiff v belswans
23s 4-3 southy
1st 2-2

backstick
28-02-2013, 09:11 PM
Lakes won 3-1 against Maitland tonight. Seen all but the first 15 minutes and it was a solid hit out for both teams.

Imyourhero
28-02-2013, 09:20 PM
Heard through one of lakes boys that it was very even matche and they were lucky that maitland were abit rusty with their finishing otherwise result could have been very different.

ForeverRed
01-03-2013, 09:26 AM

my source was spot on. or as an ex mariners player would say, sauce, get it

nbnjet
01-03-2013, 09:22 PM
Anything interesting going on at the moment? This thread is boring since we stopped talking about No. 2 sports ground!

front2
01-03-2013, 10:12 PM
Cruised by Athletics Fld last night on my way to work. Checked in for 5min and was informed Cooks Hill and Edgeworth were playing. Dont know any results though and the weather was turning foul.

The Magician
02-03-2013, 02:09 AM

All this talk of No 2's, 3's, 4's, 5's... theres still only one number 1

EH9
02-03-2013, 06:11 AM
my source was spot on. or as an ex mariners player would say, sauce, get it

Not a big fan of this decision, but the 7 clubs who didn't oppose it must think its ok so good luck to Stu.

Lofty
02-03-2013, 11:53 AM

Hard to disagree with you there mate. Best ground and facilities I've visited for a number of years now. Impressed in what magic are doing. Plus those kebapi rolls are delicious!

nbnjet
02-03-2013, 09:05 PM

Is that a photoshop image? That pitch isn't real right...

The Manager
03-03-2013, 07:24 AM
Is that a photoshop image? That pitch isn't real right...

I think you will find the photo was taken from the Westpac Rescue Helicopter during the 2011 U/23's Grand Final between Broadmeadow Magic and West Wallsend. It is not edited in anyway and reflects the time and effort spent getting the pitch perfect for Grand Final day by BMFC

ForeverRed
03-03-2013, 07:47 AM
I think you will find the photo was taken from the Westpac Rescue Helicopter during the 2011 U/23's Grand Final between Broadmeadow Magic and West Wallsend. It is not edited in anyway and reflects the time and effort spent getting the pitch perfect for Grand Final day by BMFC

Also the efforts of NNSWF for throwing everything magics way

nbnjet
03-03-2013, 08:25 AM
Very impressive. I can't recall it looking that good on ground level.

nbnjet
03-03-2013, 08:26 AM
Also the efforts of NNSWF for throwing everything magics way

Like What and Why?

nbnjet
03-03-2013, 08:38 AM
Speaking of which, I saw the dumb as dog sh!t Union boys haven't learn't their lesson.
Playing there last weekend in weather, just as we're experiencing now.... :sigh:

Lets face it, its obvious they care very little for having a good quality ground, not to mention the fact they must take the attitude that they dont need a quality pitch to play union or league, which of coarse they don't.

I hope the ground will be right for the festival of football. I might venture into town for a drive and swing past today and see if they are on it again.

The Magician
03-03-2013, 12:32 PM
Lets face it, its obvious they care very little for having a good quality ground, not to mention the fact they must take the attitude that they dont need a quality pitch to play union or league, which of coarse they don't.

I hope the ground will be right for the festival of football. I might venture into town for a drive and swing past today and see if they are on it again.

Why would you take care of it when you know come monday council will send an army of workers to repair the mess from the days before.

backstick
04-03-2013, 08:08 AM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1336168/jaffas-snare-coventry-keeper/?cs=306

LAMBTON Jaffas have shrugged off the disappointment of losing former Jets youth goalkeeper James Fogarty to pick up former Australian under-20 gloveman Danny Ireland for their maiden Northern NSW State League season.

See your ad hereThe 22-year-old has returned to Newcastle after five seasons in the United Kingdom with Coventry City.

Although he made only one appearance for Coventry, in a 3-1 League Cup win over Aldershot in August 2008, he had loan stints with Nuneaton Town, Halesowen Town and Forest Green Rovers.

His lone appearance for the Young Socceroos came in 2008.

Ireland returned to the Hunter to concentrate on his university studies and turned out for the Jaffas in a rain-shortened 4-1 win over Kincumber at Edden Oval on Thursday.

The addition of Ireland more than makes up for the loss of Fogarty, who left the Jets and was to join the Jaffas but has decided to concentrate on his career as a personal trainer.

Lambton coach David Tanchevski said the 193-centimetre Ireland was a valuable addition to his squad.

"He gives us a proven keeper, someone who's played at Australian level and played for someone like Coventry City in England," Tanchevski said.

"He's a big boy, six foot four in height, and he talks a lot as well, so he'll gives us plenty of experience at the back, which is what you need."

He said Ireland, incumbent Shannon Szmynec and teenager Drew Olsen would give the newcomers depth in the keeping department.

"We've decided to run with three senior keepers this year. That's the first time we've done that."

"There's good competition for spots in first grade now.

"Shannon Szmynec has been our keeper for the last two years and he's a great keeper as well.

See your ad here"Having Danny there really lifts their training, they've all got aspirations to play first grade and they all get along very well."

Ireland joins three-time leading state league goal-scorer John Majurovski and former Jets youth midfielder Abe Wheelhouse as new faces in the Jaffas side.

The Jaffas start their top-flight campaign at home against two-time defending major premiers Broadmeadow Magic on April 6.

EH9
04-03-2013, 08:31 AM
Last I had heard was that James Fogarty was playing at Edgeworth

BodyNovo
04-03-2013, 08:49 AM
Wow massive coup for jaffas. Went to my school, and in annual match between teachers and students saved a couple volleys from Ralphy maier bound for the top corner

Honestly wouldn't be a bad pick up for the jets, If Biraz or BK moved on

Zico
04-03-2013, 10:06 AM
Wow massive coup for jaffas. Went to my school, and in annual match between teachers and students saved a couple volleys from Ralphy maier bound for the top corner

Honestly wouldn't be a bad pick up for the jets, If Biraz or BK moved on
Jaffa's are going to be very hard to beat this year.

immersion
04-03-2013, 03:08 PM

Do you have a possible line up for them? Tough question i know. But i am unaware of their squad besides john Maj, wheelhouse and daniel ireland.

ForeverRed
04-03-2013, 03:11 PM
It's a long season, don't crow to early

magician
04-03-2013, 09:47 PM

Based on what

EH9
05-03-2013, 12:01 PM
Based on what

I'm guessing they are basing it on the signings that have been announced??? Don't worry though Magician, your guys won't lose a game all season.

Zico
05-03-2013, 02:03 PM
It's looking like the top few spots will be a fight between the usual sides with Jaffa's a dark horse but what's everybody thoughts on the relegation battle?

My thoughts are it's going to be VPFC, Lakes and Weston in the bottom 3.

Imyourhero
05-03-2013, 03:39 PM
Not much has been heard about the likes of Azzuri for this year? How much of their squad has been retained from last year/any gains??

Flint_tropics
05-03-2013, 04:02 PM
Only just a rumour but have heard that phoenix have signed troy hearfeild , can any one confirm ?

EH9
05-03-2013, 05:03 PM
Only just a rumour but have heard that phoenix have signed troy hearfeild , can any one confirm ?

He has been training with them apparently

ForeverRed
05-03-2013, 05:57 PM
If he is playing with them he has to sit out the first 5 weeks of competition , or it maybe 6, because he is coming of a professional contract, something like that.

Cabaye#4
05-03-2013, 10:42 PM
Not much has been heard about the likes of Azzuri for this year? How much of their squad has been retained from last year/any gains??
Nothing doing at Azzurri by all accounts.
Pritchard to Edgy, Hodges to Olympic, Hughes out for the season after another knee reco.
In..... Few words here and there about one J.Maguire being back after his overseas ventures.
Otherwise, I think they will struggle for depth this season, and when the likes of Goodchild & Smith are away with work, they will be very light up front.
Starting XI will be quality, but they will rely on either late acquisitions, or some youth to step up.

Imyourhero
06-03-2013, 12:44 AM
Don't get me started on councils and their ground closure rules.
I can feel my bloody pressure rising already!!

EH9
06-03-2013, 06:31 AM
If he is playing with them he has to sit out the first 5 weeks of competition , or it maybe 6, because he is coming of a professional contract, something like that.

There is a loophole in this rule if my memory serves me correctly. I think they can overcome this if he hasn't played a game in that 6 week spell of his contract or the club could register him on a contract and he would be available right away (I am assuming he would be getting paid fairly well).

cobra23
06-03-2013, 08:20 AM

Who is Troy Hearfield ???

LINGERA
06-03-2013, 08:45 AM
a gypsy

immersion
06-03-2013, 08:53 AM
Who is Troy Hearfield ???

Someone who would ask for a lot of money to play in the state league.

Youaskedforit
06-03-2013, 10:13 AM
There is a loophole in this rule if my memory serves me correctly. I think they can overcome this if he hasn't played a game in that 6 week spell of his contract or the club could register him on a contract and he would be available right away (I am assuming he would be getting paid fairly well).

Think this is how Jobe played for Toronto Awaba in 2009 i think it was, while registered with the jets.

Youaskedforit
06-03-2013, 10:14 AM
Don't get me started on councils and their ground closure rules.
I can feel my bloody pressure rising already!!

See my post in U15 Elite, games cancelled tonight, four days since it rained ? ffs

Imyourhero
06-03-2013, 10:55 AM
Pheonix can have him, he's shit.

cobra23
06-03-2013, 11:00 AM
I heard Magic vs Southy are playing tonight,
Can someone confirm, also with time and venue.

The Magician
06-03-2013, 02:00 PM
I think Glendale at 6:00pm... Might or not be the athletics field, are there any outer grounds by the athletics?

Premy
06-03-2013, 02:15 PM

Might get to Phoenix game hit the Gypo with another pie

Flint_tropics
06-03-2013, 02:41 PM
I think Glendale at 6:00pm... Might or not be the athletics field, are there any outer grounds by the athletics?

The game is getting played on the outer field of the athletics center , not quite sure how good of a pitch it is . Pre sure southy have been training there all pre season.

ForeverRed
06-03-2013, 04:32 PM
It's the outer field at Glendale, it merely a joint training run organised by both coaches, the ground isn't marked but in good condition, Southy do their preseason there then move to the inner ground after day light saving finishes, one of the best training set ups in newcastle, it's expensive but worth every cent, players absolutely love it, the 2 senior teams train their and the15s, 17s & 19s alternate between them on a weekly basis so each grade has a turn training with the senior teams every 3rd week

the_butcher
06-03-2013, 08:56 PM
one of the best training set ups in newcastle, it's expensive but worth every cent

Might not be worth it if the players continue to stink as much as they did today.

ForeverRed
06-03-2013, 09:23 PM
Might not be worth it if the players continue to stink as much as they did today.
What the

the_butcher
06-03-2013, 10:16 PM
What the

Which part are you confused about? Players = South Cardiff, stink = they were rubbish, today = at the trial game against Magic on the 6/3/13.

prawnhead
06-03-2013, 10:25 PM
Which part are you confused about? Players = South Cardiff, stink = they were rubbish, today = at the trial game against Magic on the 6/3/13.

What was the score? How did the game pan out?

the_butcher
06-03-2013, 10:56 PM
What was the score? How did the game pan out?

2-1 to Magic. Wasn't really a close thing though. Southy dominated for first 15mins (and scored) then it was all Magic. Southy couldnt string two passes together whilst Magic seemed to hold possession for long periods of the game. Pitch was extremely spongy/slow which didnt help either team. I understand it's just a trial, but Southy were still extremely poor. They honestly wouldnt have looked out of place in an All Age comp at times.

cobra23
07-03-2013, 08:27 AM
It's the outer field at Glendale, it merely a joint training run organised by both coaches, the ground isn't marked but in good condition, Southy do their preseason there then move to the inner ground after day light saving finishes, one of the best training set ups in newcastle, it's expensive but worth every cent, players absolutely love it, the 2 senior teams train their and the15s, 17s & 19s alternate between them on a weekly basis so each grade has a turn training with the senior teams every 3rd week

ForeverRed if you mentioned inside glendale ahtletics track i might of agreed with you, but the outer field is absolute rubbish, quarter of that pitch last night was just like a septic pit near the preschool, and bumpy/soft and slow for the rest of it.
The field i saw was a majority of the reason the game was scrappy, credit to magic for stringing some decent plays together at times.
If i was a player i would be strapping my ankles everytime i went on that field...
But in saying that, It was just a training hit out between the clubs...

Also foreverRed,
i heard alot of swearing and backchat with no respect from southy players towards there coach (piggo) who was the ref.
Does this happen regulary or was it just a one off. Because we could hear it from near the preschool and from what we heard if i was piggo i would rest alot of players ..

Flint_tropics
07-03-2013, 10:05 AM
Might get to Phoenix game hit the Gypo with another pie

Will be purchasing alot of pie's ! majority of all of the grades are gypo's. "Central coast phoenix"

pv4
08-03-2013, 06:55 AM
Pheonix can have him, he's shit.

played for 3 (only 3?) a-league clubs.
scored the only goal in a game vs celtic - who were just knocked out of the champions league by juventus.

i agree, he's shit. he will struggle big time in newcastle state league.

dingdong
08-03-2013, 09:48 AM
played for 3 (only 3?) a-league clubs.
scored the only goal in a game vs celtic - who were just knocked out of the champions league by juventus.

i agree, he's shit. he will struggle big time in newcastle state league.

yeah and clayton zane scored a goal againt the reigning world champions France, and he was useless for the breakers.
If he was so good you'd think he would be able to settle at a club wouldn't you? Not 3 clubs in the last 4-5 years.

Imyourhero
08-03-2013, 11:01 AM
^^^
This

pv4
08-03-2013, 11:58 AM
it's Newcastle state league.

it's not even Victorian or Sydney state league, let alone a national league of any description.

cobra23
08-03-2013, 01:16 PM
it's Newcastle state league.

it's not even Victorian or Sydney state league, let alone a national league of any description.

and your point is ????

EH9
08-03-2013, 01:30 PM
Think he is suggesting that he will be a very effective player in this league, can't say I disagree.

Imyourhero
08-03-2013, 01:43 PM
Even if he scores 40 goals, surely his professional career is over.

Sideline
08-03-2013, 06:42 PM
yeah fellas ur treating this as if we have some amazing super league here in newcastle anyone that has had experience at national league level will make a difference to any squad regardless becuase they have the higher level playing experience
whilst the nbn league is fairly strong with some fairly quality players floating around it by no means a comp full of 11 quality players at every single club

in saying that though im glad we have a decent comp like this in the newcastle area

cheers

nbnjet
08-03-2013, 07:51 PM
Give the bloke a break... Why is there so much negativity to players. It must be hard to fall from grace and try to go on. No point in being negative no gooders all the time.

Old Wise Man
09-03-2013, 09:24 AM
Give the bloke a break... Why is there so much negativity to players. It must be hard to fall from grace and try to go on. No point in being negative no gooders all the time.

A credit to all the clubs who let Musialik play.
It only enhances the quality and reputation of the Newcastle Competition by having players like Musialik and Hearfield play in our comp. It means the comp is getting stronger and able to attract players with A league experience.
Wayne O Sullivan, Gumprecht, Hearfield etc.. are all players that have achieved the highest level in Aus competitions and to have them plaiying in the Newcastle comp is good for our competition.

Premy
09-03-2013, 09:52 AM

Give him a break? Bullshit his a Gypo the only thing he is getting is a pie

ilovesoccer
10-03-2013, 02:27 PM
Maitland 19s won 4-0 over Hamilton 19s
Maitland 23s up 2-1 at half time over Olympic 23s

Imyourhero
10-03-2013, 02:46 PM
Final score Olympic 3-2 Maitland in 23s.
If it was a proper match Olympic would have probably had 2-3 straight reds within 1st half. However both teams cooled themselves off and from then on was a very entertaining match.
Olympic missed a penalty and Maitland missed an open goal after a free kick rebounded off a corner post.
Maitland seemed the fitter of the 2 towards final stages of match and were unlucky not to score a few thanks to some goal line clearances and rusty finishing.
Overall good game fitness for both teams, especially in this heat!

The Magician
10-03-2013, 08:04 PM
Trials- Valo Vs Magic @ Croudace Bay
U17's 4-1-Magic
U19's 5-3 Valo
U23's- 2-2

immersion
11-03-2013, 12:39 PM
I havent heard much about Weston, Edgeworth and Lakes this pre season. I have read about the odd result. But how are these clubs lining up?

Flint_tropics
11-03-2013, 01:06 PM
I havent heard much about Weston, Edgeworth and Lakes this pre season. I have read about the odd result. But how are these clubs lining up?

Actually heard edgy are playing southy tomorrow night. Not sure what time or venue.

immersion
11-03-2013, 01:41 PM
Actually heard edgy are playing southy tomorrow night. Not sure what time or venue.

Anyone got the details for this time?