PDA

View Full Version : 2013 NEW FM League Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Thomas477
08-04-2013, 11:08 AM
Good to see the annual bitching about clubs has started up again this year.

:popcorn:

ForeverRed
08-04-2013, 12:07 PM
Thry won the grand final, did they come first?
Full stop for me,

Imyourhero
08-04-2013, 01:31 PM
Move this to NBN thread boys.

hawk
08-04-2013, 01:59 PM
all players start somewhere. No club has any real ownership of a player, they'll eventually either as a junior or senior be poached or gravitate to the said big 3 and then by other clubs who can attract or afford them. One big gravy train. good luck to anyone if you can make a buck from this sport. Other clubs will become big and so forth as the years go by. So, lets get back to kicking the **** out each other and stringing a few passes together so the supporters have some good entertainment.

Also, this is the radio thread not the tv thread. carn singo have go

supasub
08-04-2013, 05:16 PM
Match report of Stags and Maitland?

demon
08-04-2013, 05:37 PM
Rosebubs V Singleton

Only watched the earlier grades in this one as had planned to duck over and watch Jaffas V Magic. U19's was not a bad game but both teams will have valuable room for improvement. Rosebubs win.

Both 19's and 23's were rather one sided in terms of possession and shots on goals, I hope it was a combination of being an away game and a Sat that forced Singleton to play their entire 6 Over Age players in the starting team (my apologies if it wasnt six but it certainly looked like it was from the faces and builds). U19's backing up can be a good thing if they have earnt that selection but I think Sat was more a case of no other players being at the game so they had to use U19's as their bench.

While I didnt watch the sheer knowledge later on of the first grade result simply had me shaking my head, not at Adamstown's score but at having seen how poorly Thrornton played the week prior to have seven Rosebubds goals put in their net to have 12 is simply a full step and a half below the standard that should be acceptable at this level.

That was the third time I have seen Singleton in action and am now seeing quite a bit of value in those questioning the Federation continuing with them at this level. Considering the cost to all clubs and to the Singleton players themselves in travel alone not to be competive to that degree is a concern.

Cessnock V West Wallsend

Actually caught all three grades here. A fight in 19's which appeared to begin with a headbutt and was returned by a decent punch then quickly moved to melee stage with all but 5 players at least grabbing and/or pulling at others. What was amazing was 3 officials watching and only the first 2 players red carded?? I agree with those entriely but what of the next 2-3 players who then joined in not being repremanded at all or captains spoken to? Odd to say the least. Cessnock won an even game one nil and that will possibly be a game West Wallsend will regret not taking points in later this season. On the positives Cessnock moved the ball well at the back and West Wallsend appear to have picked up 2-3 new players who looked quite capable at this level.

U23's saw West Wallsend take the points in a game which they should have scored at least another two with the domination in attack. It seems both sides defences have some issues, Cessnock played out poorly at times and Westy played backwards far too often. Midfield was a good battle between youth and experience but in a quite humid day at that hour took a toll and didn't live up to the possibilities of the first 15 mins. In attack Cessnock lacked any real punch whereas West Wallsend played their width well and were regualry getting balls into the box but delivering too close to the keeper.

First grade saw a real one sided affair in West Wallsend attack over running Cessnocks defence system. Blake Glenny picked up a hat trick but off some fantastic work by his other forward. Both wide midfielders played well for Westy but the game by Cain Riley, so I was told is this tall lads name, was a true dagger in Cessnocks game plan and they had no answer for his runs, cutting inside and crosses, and the returning Blake Redman on the opposite side kept the Cessnock midfield honest in trying to deal with both sides of the park.

Cessnocks goal was part luck and part poor positioning from the keeper while West Wallsend goals game from good build up and some confident finishing.

Since I was taken to task over a few comments about Belmont's ground lol I thought I'd continue and comment on the Cessnock field. Now I actually enjoy this park, I like seeing juniors and seniors together. The outer grounds next Sat full of kids will be a lovely sight and last year I saw juniors teams playing on the senior field which I thought was a good to see a club do also.

Parking, while not a great deal to watch the game from really at this time of year is not a problem. Middle of winter on a rainy Sunday I might have said differently but I was happy to enjoy the Sunday weather, park up in the upper car park and stroll down. Canteen was lovely and I thought very well priced which just encouraged me to spend that bit extra. Stands were good and provded great shade in the sunnier part of the day. I only saw the away sheds for a moment at the very end of the day and while not huge they did accomodate the entire team and coaches without feeling like people were on top of each other. And importantly a coach could talk and use the whiteboard and all players see him/it easily.

The pitch was a slight let down, seeing the colour from the top car park I had high hopes but saw up close the uneven surface hidden by the thicker grass which became more obvious from a few of the bounces during the games. But to credit both clubs on the day I cant remember a single player blame a bad touch on the surface. A little help from the Council up there could see a good venue be given a surface to match the club volunteers efforts.

Imyourhero
09-04-2013, 12:12 PM
Round 5 predictions;

Thornton vs Toronto
Adamstown vs Belswans
Maitland vs Westy
Singleton vs Cessnock

Sideline
09-04-2013, 06:13 PM
FOOTBALL

See your ad here
It was a mixed bag of results for Maitland district teams in Northern NSW First Division football matches on Sunday.

The Thornton Redbacks conceded twice in the final 15 minutes going down 2-0 against Belmont Swansea at home while the Maitland Magpies kept their unbeaten start to 2013 intact by doubling up in the second half for a 2-0 victory against Toronto Awaba at Blacksmiths Oval.

Magpies new signing Ben Martin continued to make his presence felt with two goals, which takes his season tally to eight after the opening four rounds, while Thornton struggled to put their chances away according to Redbacks coach Darrel McAllister.

“We suffered from not putting the ball in the back of the net,” he said.

“It came back to hurt us and it’s not the first time this year.”

It was at the other end of the paddock that McAllister was most impressed with midweek recruit Shannon Szmynec, formally of Lambton, Beresfield and Adamstown, *making quite a first impression between the sticks as goalkeeper.

Overall, McAllister said the contest was an even one and the result “could have gone either way”.

The Magpies made no mistake on the north-eastern edge of Lake Macquarie and made it four wins from as many matches.

See your ad here
Martin, previously from Edgeworth and Broadmeadow, scored a penalty midway through the second half to break the deadlock before sealing the game with a second finish 10 minutes from time.

Tim Grant and Adam Sidoti both left the ground injured and will undergo fitness tests at training this week.

In other results, Adamstown annihilated Singleton 12-0 at Howe Park on Saturday while Cessnock suffered their second straight loss with a 4-1 result against West Wallsend at Turner Park on Sunday.

Print Story

chocolate soldier
09-04-2013, 10:32 PM
goes to show that in this comp, if any team wants to make a serious push for promotion, as in previous seasons, u have to recruit a quality striker. the level of defending that i have seem at some games is at times laughable, and decent strikers punish these teams quite severely

RedMexican
09-04-2013, 11:15 PM
ben martin is probably the best striker in newfm.

ForeverRed
10-04-2013, 08:01 AM
Looking at the scores it doesn't appear to be to hard to score in this league, if you make NBN a 12 team comp then newfm would have to be disbanded

Zico
10-04-2013, 09:31 AM
Looking at the scores it doesn't appear to be to hard to score in this league, if you make NBN a 12 team comp then newfm would have to be disbanded
Isn't that what NNSWFF are looking at doing? I heard it was State League the ZPL in the next year or 2 with no promotion or relegation but rather a application every 2 or 3 years to remain in the comp just like a State League license deal. This could be wrong but it's what I've heard around the traps.

ForeverRed
10-04-2013, 01:18 PM
Close to it

Imyourhero
13-04-2013, 09:55 PM
Thornton vs Toronto
19s 5-1
23s 0-0
1sts 2-1

amishpanda
13-04-2013, 10:34 PM
Thornton vs Toronto
19s 5-1
23s 0-0
1sts 2-1

I read this as Thornton beat Toronto?

Imyourhero
13-04-2013, 10:39 PM
Correct

Youaskedforit
14-04-2013, 12:13 AM
Ffs ........ Again ? Almost a replica of round 2 ? :(

Imyourhero
14-04-2013, 01:02 AM
I did not see the entire game however from what I saw Toronto never looked like they were even interested in playing and were lucky not to be punished on multiple occasions e.g. saved by some very close offside calls by the linesman.
Struggled to match thorntons quick boys out wide and up front who were causing problems for the older fellas in torontos back line.

Imyourhero
14-04-2013, 06:42 PM
Maitland vs West
19s 2-0
23s 3-1
1sts 4-1

Jose
14-04-2013, 06:45 PM
Maitland v Westy
19s 2-0 Maitland
Not the best game Maitland had played this year but appeared to be missing/resting three key players? (captain and new midfielder) anyone from Maitland confirm this? Maitland kept the ball fairly well and should have won by a bit more with some obvious hand balls not called.

23s 3-1 Maitland
Was a tough game to watch. Maitland not at their best and Westy just struggled, couldn't keep the ball in the early stages. To their credit got back in the game but ran out of legs in the end. Maitland need to sharpen up though.

1sts 4-1 Maitland
New recruit Ben Martin scored another brace and could have had 3 or 4. Westy never really in this game and while it got a bit scrappy in the middle stages Maitland were a class above. Players came off looking a bit frustrated, obviously high standards at cooks square park these days.

RANGER09
14-04-2013, 08:11 PM
Thornton vs Toronto
19s 5-1
23s 0-0
1sts 2-1
Good day out for Thornton boys, bet it was a good night at the Pub :grin:

Keep the long balls short
15-04-2013, 10:50 AM
I was at the Adamstown Rosebuds round of fixtures versing Belswans at the weekend - Great weather and my balding head got punished for not having a hat on !!

19s

15-04-2013, 11:19 AM
I was at the Adamstown Rosebuds round of fixtures versing Belswans at the weekend - Great weather and my balding head got punished for not having a hat on !!

19s 2-2 draw

A game that did not lack effort as both teams gave their all but it did lack quality at times , that said it was a grandstand finish to the game with both teams scoring at the death - draw was probably a fair result but Belswans will be the more dissapointed to only be getting a point.

23s 7-0 Adamstown

A very one sided game and this game should have had double figures on the scoreline but for some great goalkeeping by the Belswans keeper.

The Adamstown Rosebuds 23s have on the occassions I have seen them been very entertaining to watch and are well drilled in keeping the ball on the ground and playing football and have some fine young players in that team. The strikers they have must be the fastest boys I have seen for a while at that level and they clearly know the way to the net as well.

1st grade 3-2 Adamstown

Not the most beautiful game of football I have witnessed but a fair reflection on the game. Adamstown were always in control of the game and never looked in any real danger throughout but just never seemed to be able to shake off a well organised Belswans team who fought and battled for every second ball.

There is a boy playing for Adamstown called Matthew Paul and everytime i have witnessed this kid he has scored some gems and been a class above everyone else on the park and today again was no exception . How this boy is not playing in the NBN defies me and having watched a fair bit of NBN over the last few years in my view he would walk into almost any NBN team.

Given the scorelines that Adamstown 1st grade have given out in recent weeks I think its no disgrace that Belswans came away from the day with a narrow defeat and I must also say well done to the little kid in the middle of the park with the black pony tail as he had a great game for Belswan

EH9
15-04-2013, 10:51 PM
Matty Paul chooses to play for Adamstown. Many clubs have chased him the last couple of seasons with no luck.

Imyourhero
15-04-2013, 11:07 PM
TIPS- Round 6
Singleton vs Belswans
Adamstown vs Westy
Toronto vs Cessnock
Thornton vs Maitland

soccerking65
16-04-2013, 10:57 PM
Tips - Round 6 (U19's)
Singo vs Swans - Draw (7-7)
Buds vs Bells - Draw (0-0)
Stags vs Hornets - Draw (15-15)
Redbacks vs Pies - Draw (8-3)

Round Summary;
A very controversial round, with Pies to maintain top spot but lose undefeated run. The 15-15 draw is possibly the most dramatic yet likely result as hornets still have a new key player out due to an undeserved red card coz ref didn't take into account swag points accumulated from the sick punch. Singo vs Swans game is at 3/1 odds for 8 red cards as teams finish with minimum 7 players each on the field. Redbacks will benefit from swag points recieved for mad but unnecessary shoelace headbands that most players have, and therefore will come out with a deserved victory.

Stevieg
17-04-2013, 07:02 AM
Great result for Maitland. , but from all reports Westy have many good young players , but lack in depth, and besides smith their coaching staff are very inexperience and couldn't adapt and adjusting to the games in all 3 grades to be a threat , can this be varified

Youaskedforit
17-04-2013, 09:03 AM
Belswans
Adamstown
Cessnock ( unless d.baillie plays )
Maitland

cobra23
17-04-2013, 09:31 AM
Matty Paul chooses to play for Adamstown. Many clubs have chased him the last couple of seasons with no luck.

I think you should say Matty Paul chooses to play for Chappy (glen chapman) not Adamstown,

Jose
17-04-2013, 04:30 PM
Thornton v Maitland in Youth Grade could be the match of the round. 0-0 draw when these sides met in a trial match earlier on in the year. First Local Derby and a number of players playing against former Team mates. Thornton have been playing exceptionally well and despite not being as close on the table may just have it over Maitland if they play like they have the last 2 weekends. In saying that Maitland's side is much more experienced and that may give them edge in a game of high emotions. If key players return from Maitland well rested that could also have a big impact.

Thoughts?

LINGERA
17-04-2013, 04:51 PM
Tips - Round 6 (U19's)
Singo vs Swans - Draw (7-7)
Buds vs Bells - Draw (0-0)
Stags vs Hornets - Draw (15-15)
Redbacks vs Pies - Draw (8-3)

Round Summary;
A very controversial round, with Pies to maintain top spot but lose undefeated run. The 15-15 draw is possibly the most dramatic yet likely result as hornets still have a new key player out due to an undeserved red card coz ref didn't take into account swag points accumulated from the sick punch. Singo vs Swans game is at 3/1 odds for 8 red cards as teams finish with minimum 7 players each on the field. Redbacks will benefit from swag points recieved for mad but unnecessary shoelace headbands that most players have, and therefore will come out with a deserved victory.

How did this go unnoticed?

Imyourhero
17-04-2013, 05:11 PM
hahaha i think everyone ignored the blatant troll, especially since he couldn't even get his troll right ( Redback vs Pies - Draw 8-3)

LINGERA
17-04-2013, 05:16 PM
hahaha i think everyone ignored the blatant troll, especially since he couldn't even get his troll right ( Redback vs Pies - Draw 8-3)

funniest part imo

ForeverRed
17-04-2013, 05:37 PM
Thornton v Maitland in Youth Grade could be the match of the round. 0-0 draw when these sides met in a trial match earlier on in the year. First Local Derby and a number of players playing against former Team mates. Thornton have been playing exceptionally well and despite not being as close on the table may just have it over Maitland if they play like they have the last 2 weekends. In saying that Maitland's side is much more experienced and that may give them edge in a game of high emotions. If key players return from Maitland well rested that could also have a big impact.

Thoughts?
How can you be experienced playing youth grade

namwob99
17-04-2013, 05:47 PM
Are you allowed a whole squad of overage players like the 23's of this comp?

Bearlover
18-04-2013, 09:41 AM

Thornton's Under 19's are made up of mostly 16 and 17 year olds whereas Maitland's are closer to 18 and 19. That gives them greater experience at this level.

Winner1
18-04-2013, 11:32 PM
Thornton's Under 19's are made up of mostly 16 and 17 year olds whereas Maitland's are closer to 18 and 19. That gives them greater experience at this level.

Maitland have a lot more depth and composure. They should walk all over Thornton and I saw the trial match. Main squad wasn't played.

supa
21-04-2013, 10:12 AM
thornton and maitland still on today?

Elude
21-04-2013, 10:32 AM
Nah I think all games off? Anyone know?

supa
21-04-2013, 10:39 AM
Nah I think all games off? Anyone know?

yeah northern postponed it yesterday on their website, i should have looked there first!

Imyourhero
21-04-2013, 02:31 PM
Heard Thornton vs Maitland will most likely be played this week sometime, possibly anzac day.

soccerking65
21-04-2013, 06:56 PM
Great to see the atmosphere in the a-league grand final.
Hope to see a great turn out like that at the Pies v Redbacks Anzac test match.
P.s Manuntd4lyf

Imyourhero
21-04-2013, 08:09 PM
Great to see the atmosphere in the a-league grand final.
Hope to see a great turn out like that at the Pies v Redbacks Anzac test match.
P.s Manuntd4lyf

RBB thornton edition

Imyourhero
22-04-2013, 03:01 PM
Only game played Rd 6;
Singo vs Belswans
19s- 0-1
23s- 0-5
1st- 1-4

Elude
22-04-2013, 10:44 PM
Thornton v Maitland rescheduled 25/4 ANZAC day
19's - 12pm
23's - 1:45pm
1sts - 3:30pm

Anyone else think its ridiculous that the game is on that day?
Any other games rescheduled dates?

seldom
22-04-2013, 10:47 PM
Heads Maitland win

Imyourhero
22-04-2013, 10:48 PM
Adamstown vs Westy rescheduled Wed 24/4
1st 6:30pm
23s 8:30 pm

I guess you could look at it that how many people are doing important things anzac day around those times, dawn service all good, 2-up all good, post game alcohol all good.
Added reason to drink and gamble if you DO win too!

Zico
22-04-2013, 11:14 PM
Thornton v Maitland rescheduled 25/4 ANZAC day
19's - 12pm
23's - 1:45pm
1sts - 3:30pm

Anyone else think its ridiculous that the game is on that day?
Any other games rescheduled dates?
I'm surprised the fed allowed it. Should have been on the Wed night.

frankiechav
23-04-2013, 10:48 PM
Another quality Match Report from the Northern Website......Since when do you get a 'point on the score-board' when you score a goal. Very bad. It looks like its been written by a teenager (no offence teenagers)
Singleton Strikers SC hosted Belmont Swansea Utd SC on Saturday in the only match that was played for Round 6 of the NEWFM 1st Division due to wet weather over the weekend.
The traveling team got up in the match and took home the three points after they defeated Singleton 4-1 at Howe Park.
Singleton was looking for the full three points against Belmont after they received their first point for the season against Cessnock City Hornets FC the following week.
Belmont have now moved into third position on the ladder and have a total of nine points next to their name as they prepare for their next match against Toronto Awaba FC in Round 7 of the competition.
After a solid performance against Adamstown, despite getting any points from the match, Belmont Coach Brad Paul was hoping to continue their strong performance against Singleton and get the points from the match which they achieved on Saturday.
Brad Cooper, Nathan Goncalves both got a point on the scoreboard for the traveling team with Scott Hadfield scoring himself a brace to make it four goals for Belmont.
Singleton also got a point on the scoreboard for the match after Duncan MacDougal found the back of the net throughout the 90minutes.
Next weekend will see Belmont Swansea Utd SC host Toronto Awaba FC at their home field of Blacksmiths Oval on Sunday the 28th of April with a 2.30pm scheduled kick off.
Singleton Strikers SC will travel to Cooks Square Park to take on competition leaders Maitland FC also scheduled for 2.30pm on Sunday.

The Baby Piglet
25-04-2013, 11:22 AM
Heads Maitland win

Obviously you must have a coin with two heads

CStein
25-04-2013, 07:10 PM
I'm surprised the fed allowed it. Should have been on the Wed night.

The same Fed that scheduled games on the same day as a-league gf! And you are surprised?

Zico
26-04-2013, 10:17 AM
Did I hear correctly that Maitland and Thornton had a 2-2 draw? Will make Adamstown happy.

bombers_away
26-04-2013, 10:21 AM
Did I hear correctly that Maitland and Thornton had a 2-2 draw? Will make Adamstown happy.

Yep - against a 10-man Thornton (send off before half-time)...

Sideline
26-04-2013, 10:24 AM
i have heard the same result also that thornton were reduced to 10 im not really too suprised by it either i read a few names dropped on some new signings they have in the local paper there too boost the squad up.

Youaskedforit
26-04-2013, 11:48 AM
i have heard the same result also that thornton were reduced to 10 im not really too suprised by it either i read a few names dropped on some new signings they have in the local paper there too boost the squad up.

With an experienced coach like Dmac, some talented young blokes like his son, and a few that left toronto, they will be competitive. They have beaten Toronto twice this year already so they will be in the top four with
MAITLAND, ADAMSTOWN AND BELSWANS.

ilovesoccer
26-04-2013, 02:35 PM
Heard the scores were
19s 3-2 thornton
23s 6-0 maitland
1st 2-2

two touch
26-04-2013, 03:20 PM
Maitland have a lot more depth and composure. They should walk all over Thornton and I saw the trial match. Main squad wasn't played.

Looks like the 19's comp is not the one team comp that some thought. Good effort by the young redbacks, especially considering not all the squad were available.

Trial form is quite deceiving, hey??

Imyourhero
26-04-2013, 05:16 PM
ROUND 7

Belswans vs Toronto[/B
[B]Maitland vs Singo
Westy vs Thornton- DRAW
Cessnock vs Adamstown

Winner1
26-04-2013, 08:34 PM
The score line for 19s Maitland vs Thornton was not a solid indication at all and the ref was shocking. Cost Maitland the game.

ForeverRed
26-04-2013, 08:55 PM

Thoughts?
looks like the well rested and experienced maitland team are quite up to it

ForeverRed
26-04-2013, 08:57 PM
The score line for 19s Maitland vs Thornton was not a solid indication at all and the ref was shocking. Cost Maitland the game.

it obviously had nothing to do with maitland failing to score more goals then thornton

Winner1
26-04-2013, 09:19 PM
it obviously had nothing to do with maitland failing to score more goals then thornton

I understand it has to do with the scoring goals but Thornton were no way near the better side, the ref was a disgrace and in all fact basically lost it for Maitland and favoured Thornton big time....I'm wondering where the top NEWFM 19s ref has gone this year because I haven't seen them yet.

two touch
26-04-2013, 11:38 PM
I understand it has to do with the scoring goals but Thornton were no way near the better side, the ref was a disgrace and in all fact basically lost it for Maitland and favoured Thornton big time....I'm wondering where the top NEWFM 19s ref has gone this year because I haven't seen them yet.

Oh dear, playing "the ref was shocking" card. But I sort of agree. The two non penalties for Maitland were fairly ordinary calls, but as they say, that's football.
Lets hope that next time these two play it's the usual game we see in every league around the world every week: two teams who make no errors, officiated by refs who make no errors.
Probably not going to happen ever, so lets give credit to two teams who fought hard and accept the result on the day.

Premy
27-04-2013, 08:48 AM
Wait so Maitland got 2 penalties and they are still whinging about the referee robbing them.

EH9
27-04-2013, 09:27 AM

Nothing to do with Maitland failing to score mate..... problem was all the goals the ref obviously scored for Thornton hahahahahaha

Imyourhero
27-04-2013, 10:43 AM
Wait so Maitland got 2 penalties and they are still whinging about the referee robbing them.

No maitland had to retake a penalty 3 times, scored first two was saved on the third

Jose
27-04-2013, 03:38 PM
The referee was definitely poor but that was to both sides and is pretty standard across all 19s games I've seen this year so not really fair to blame him. The penalties were defintely penalties but ones you have to score and it can cost you when you dont. Maitland had their chances but the players coming back failed to really make an impact and Thornton Genuinely looked like they wanted it more; winning more balls, passing better Maitland again had only 1 player on the bench which was surprising as they definitely needed some fresh legs. Experience means nothing if you aren't as enthusiastic in that grade. Should make for an interesting rematch when the two teams play off next time but all credit to Thornton proving to be the better side so I stand somewhat corrected on previous comments.

CStein
28-04-2013, 07:14 AM

Chappy and Adamstown would be over the moon, probably painting Adamstown Red White and Green as we speak.

ilovesoccer
28-04-2013, 05:34 PM
Domination from all three maitland grades against singleton today.
1st 6-1
23s 6-0
19s 5-0

Youaskedforit
28-04-2013, 10:06 PM
Bell swans 5 tronno 1 first grade

Off the bench
29-04-2013, 09:32 AM
Adamstown 2 cessnock nil. Rosebuds dominated the game except for the great GK for cessnock the score could have been anything. Buds class all over the park and will only get better when players return. Cessnock 3-4 young players and a great keeper that worked non stop all day.

The Baby Piglet
29-04-2013, 04:20 PM
God love the young lady writing the match reviews. Putting in a good effort by clearly she doesn't watch much football.

pv4
29-04-2013, 05:12 PM
God love the young lady writing the match reviews. Putting in a good effort by clearly she doesn't watch much football.

I reckon she does a pretty decent job

The Baby Piglet
29-04-2013, 05:28 PM
"In the 66th minute ....... got a point on the scoreboard" --> ive never heard any football commentator/writing use that expression
"continued their efforts to get another point on the score board" ^^ same as above

Like i said she putting in a good effort... but clearly not a football fan

29-04-2013, 05:36 PM
Well it's certainly shaping up to be a two horse race between Adamstown and Maitland and it will be very tasty action in two weeks time when these teams go head to head .

Also exactly the same with the 23s grade as Maitland only lost once I think (correct me if wrong) and Adamstown 23s have 7 wins from 7 games

Imyourhero
29-04-2013, 05:43 PM
Maitland 23s haven't lost either, have 1 draw and 6 wins.

parksey
30-04-2013, 12:36 AM
"In the 66th minute ....... got a point on the scoreboard" --> ive never heard any football commentator/writing use that expression
"continued their efforts to get another point on the score board" ^^ same as above

Like i said she putting in a good effort... but clearly not a football fan

I think it's more the fact that she's probably not a journalist rather than not being a football fan. It's not great writing.

30-04-2013, 11:11 AM
Maitland 23s haven't lost either, have 1 draw and 6 wins.

Sorry , I thought they lost a game , well done Maitland then as thats the 23s and 1st grade still undeafeted !!.... well it just sets it up the day even more then as likely something will give on the day

Whats all your predictions for the games ? I will go draw 23s and 1st grade ... sitting on the fence ha ha

It will be a great afternoons football then and hopefully the Maitland support turn up and its a good afternoon for football. I think I will go up and watch myself.

Imyourhero
30-04-2013, 12:20 PM
Definetly tough games to call especially 1st grade.
19s should see a Maitland win however the inconsistent Adamstown boys may fire up for this game.
23s becomes tougher to call...i think i might tip an Adamstown win for this one however all comes down to who wants it more.
1st grade should be one cracker of a match especially if both teams don't let their passion disrupt everything too much and we don't see stupid tackles etc, i think this game could prove crucial although it is a very long season so either team shouldn't be too deflated if they don't get the result they want. I think ill tip a Maitland win.
Surely this game will get some good spectator support from both sides?? AND neutral viewers.

seldom
02-05-2013, 01:36 AM
Tronno 4...Cnock 1

Imyourhero
02-05-2013, 01:36 AM
Round 8 Tips;
Belswans vs Maitland
Singo vs Westy
Toronto vs Adamstown
Thornton vs Cessnock - DRAW

02-05-2013, 10:54 AM
Round 8 Tips;
Belswans vs Maitland
Singo vs Westy
Toronto vs Adamstown
Thornton vs Cessnock - DRAW

Two tough away fixtures for the leading pair and with next weeks blockbuster of Maitland v Adamstown looming neither will want to drop points this weekend. I think Maitland have the harder of the trips but Toronto always appear to raise the game against Adamstown and have already defeated them 3-1 at Adamstown this year.

I think all four games will be close this weekend but goingto go with 4 away victories

Belswans vs Maitland
Singo vs Westy
Toronto vs Adamstown
Thornton vs Cessnock

Imyourhero
02-05-2013, 12:16 PM
Toronto have been a strange team to watch play, i have seen multiple games of theirs, on some days they look to be very dangerous and a well oiled team- on others they look like wooden spoon contenders.

Belswans also look to have improved drastically the last few weeks have they picked up players or something?

02-05-2013, 12:36 PM
Toronto have been a strange team to watch play, i have seen multiple games of theirs, on some days they look to be very dangerous and a well oiled team- on others they look like wooden spoon contenders.

Belswans also look to have improved drastically the last few weeks have they picked up players or something?

Not sure , I think they have picked up a few players and the son of the coach at Belswans came over from Magic as well I think.

Youaskedforit
05-05-2013, 05:22 PM
Have heard stags 4-2 over Adamstown ?

The Manager
05-05-2013, 06:51 PM

1st Grade Adamstown 5 def Toronto 0
U/23's Adamstown 1 def Toronto 0
U/19's Adamstown 6 def Toronto 0

The Manager
05-05-2013, 06:55 PM

Sorry U19' should read 6-2 to Asamstown

Youaskedforit
05-05-2013, 07:19 PM

That sounds more like it .... :(

The Baby Piglet
05-05-2013, 08:11 PM
I heard word the singo got up 4-2 over westy... can anyone confirm ?

Elude
05-05-2013, 08:27 PM
Yeh singo 4 westy 2.

The Baby Piglet
05-05-2013, 08:46 PM
Yeh singo 4 westy 2.

Were yu at the game ??? if so would be interested to here a report ?? MASSIVE UPSET

De-Champ
05-05-2013, 09:23 PM
Were yu at the game ??? if so would be interested to here a report ?? MASSIVE UPSET

Why would it be a massive upset. They have to win a game somewhere along the line.

The Baby Piglet
05-05-2013, 09:28 PM
Just my opinion. I heard a few reports that westy played quite well against adamstown and were unlucky not to get a point and i seen them play against thornton last week and thought they played very well, probably should of beat thornton by 5-6. I would of thought they would most certainly take 3 points home from singleton. But thats football i guess

06-05-2013, 10:44 AM
What was the Maitland scores from the weekend ?

ForeverRed
06-05-2013, 11:54 AM
What was the Maitland scores from the weekend ?
2.1 over bel swans, Ben Kelly sent

ilovesoccer
06-05-2013, 12:12 PM
1sts: 2-1
23s 1-0
19s 1-0

Imyourhero
06-05-2013, 12:14 PM
Maitland keeper sent off 60mins in

06-05-2013, 12:43 PM
Thanks guys, well that certainly sets it up for the weekend then ....

So the two undeated teams in the comp come together in 1st grade and also 23s I believe ... I will for sure be going to watch all three grades then and also keen to see Maitland 19s play as heard they are handy.

That could be crucial with the Maitland 1st grade keeper suspended ? And also the 23s game will be a cracker .. If weather good it will hopefully be a great afternoons football.

Heskey
06-05-2013, 05:17 PM
As former player at Toronto it absolutely rips me to shreds seeing all three grades get hammered week in week out. If results continue in this fashion, surely the management and committee need to be re evaluated.

It's disgusting and embarrassing for a famous club like Toronto to be playing this poor across all three grades.

Youaskedforit
06-05-2013, 05:33 PM
As former player at Toronto it absolutely rips me to shreds seeing all three grades get hammered week in week out. If results continue in this fashion, surely the management and committee need to be re evaluated.

It's disgusting and embarrassing for a famous club like Toronto to be playing this poor across all three grades.

Mate, not sure who you are, but we all know this was attempted to be fixed in June 2011 knowing this is what would happen, remembering we were equal leaders of the comp with maitland and azzuri with the likes of steve eagleton playing for us, and happy to have a long association with the club, I remember speaking to some life members at the end of 2011 , when they were getting beat 7-0 at azzuri in a semi final, telling them you are looking at the next west lakes if yous don't step in and do something, they didnt, and it's water under the bridge now, the remaining committee chose the path they took , whether right or wrong ,( obviously wrong ), we just need to move on and hopefully they can drag them out of this rut somehow. Fingers crossed
BTW No offence towards west lakes.

ForeverRed
06-05-2013, 05:53 PM
why would abe and jobe play for the jaffas, bowling at magic, they need to bring these juniors back to ignite some passion, nnswf needs a strong club around the northern end of the lake

The Baby Piglet
06-05-2013, 06:04 PM
If im wrong please correct me but i believe the following players are either Toronto juniors or played at the club in the past 4-5yrs:
Abe and jobe wheelhouse (jaffas), Jason Cowburn (weston), Carl and Liam Thornton (weston), Brad Waters (southy), Blake Glennie (westy), Chris Bowling (magic), Troy Halpin (not playing), Bren hammel (edgy), Chris Brown (valo). Im sure there would be a few more. But if they were all playing at Toronto thats a pretty decent team on paper.

Youaskedforit
06-05-2013, 06:14 PM
Eagleton, Webster, darr, and more

Heskey
06-05-2013, 06:26 PM
Don't forget Nick Cowburn at the Jets Youth and Dave Webster at Edgeworth. Both played juniors with Awaba.

And the array of players that played youth with Toronto that didn't continue playing with the club for various reasons. As a primary source of information I can confirm this was due to the management staff.

Youaskedforit
06-05-2013, 07:44 PM
why would abe and jobe play for the jaffas, bowling at magic, they need to bring these juniors back to ignite some passion, nnswf needs a strong club around the northern end of the lake

May have to ask Bowlo and wheelhouses, Jobe and abe not going to play newfm so that's a no brainer.

But toronto juniors have a very good 16s and 17s, lets see how many are at toronto in a few years if there are no changes, considering the juniors and seniors don't get on at all.

seldom
06-05-2013, 08:02 PM
Tronno have always struggled to attract players and retain them. Do recall a few years ago when Halpo was coaching they had a very good side on paper but ran last or close to it

Imyourhero
07-05-2013, 04:58 PM
Big fixture this weekend. Adamstown vs Maitland
Predictions??

Winner1
07-05-2013, 07:57 PM
Maitland vs Adamstown
19s-Maitland
23s-Maitland
1st-Draw

Heskey
08-05-2013, 09:58 PM
Toronto vs Cessnock
19's 1-5
23's 0-0 after 20"

frankiechav
08-05-2013, 10:50 PM
Adamstown lost in 1st Grade to Toronto in the 1st game of the season, only Maitland undefeated.

09-05-2013, 09:58 AM
Adamstown lost in 1st Grade to Toronto in the 1st game of the season, only Maitland undefeated.

So they did - totally forgot about that. Should still be a good game all the same. I think both 23s teams are unbeaten so some thing likely to give in that one. In fact I think Adamstown 23s are 8 wins from 8 games so far and Maitland have won 7 and drawn a game I think someone said ?

The 19s game should be decent as well

Supersub
11-05-2013, 09:46 PM
Westy vs Toronto
19s 2-1 toronto
23s 3-1 Toronto
1st 2-0 Toronto

Sideline
11-05-2013, 09:48 PM
any other results ??
big game on tommorrow from what i see with adamstown and maitland
won't decide the premiership but will go a long way towards it

seldom
12-05-2013, 01:24 AM

Westy vs Toronto
19s 2-1 toronto
23s 3-1 Toronto
1st 2-0 Toronto

Jeez...A week's a long time in football aye

Imyourhero
12-05-2013, 06:14 PM
Maitland vs Adamstown results/ my opinions for watching and what i was told.
19s: 7-0 - didn't watch but was told maitland cruised through as per result shows.
23s:0-3 - this was an interesting one and a classic example of how football can slide either way, generally a tough contest however i felt in terms of stats Maitland definetly had more goalscoring opportunities with Adamstown really only having the 3 goals as their main threats with 2 of those coming from Maitland passing errors and 1 from soft goalkeeping/team clearance error on a corner. Definetly think the next 2 games should be crackers especially if both teams improve.
1sts: 1-1 - with both teams very close in skill this game was definetly a game of which team showed more enthusiasm to take advantage of chances etc, 1st half definetly went to Maitland (with score 1-0 at halfa) and the 2nd half going to Adamstown. Both teams showed alot of passion and dug deep however the game ended in a stalemate which reflected the game as a whole. In the same case as 23s i think the next 2 fixtures between these teams will be very much different stories and especially come down to who wants it the most.

JCBT
12-05-2013, 06:34 PM
Great game to watch with both a physical style and also some decent football played in patches. Maitland look the better at playing passing football.
I thought the ref lost control of the match and unsure how it never erupted into an all out brawl a few times.
The woman assistant ref was a decent sort also. Likes to answer to the crowd to much but nice bit of eye candy.

supasub
12-05-2013, 06:34 PM
19s: 7-0 - didn't watch but was told maitland cruised through as per result shows.
23s:0-3 - this was an interesting one and a classic example of how football can slide either way, generally a tough contest however i felt in terms of stats Maitland definetly had more goalscoring opportunities with Adamstown really only having the 3 goals as their main threats with 2 of those coming from Maitland passing errors and 1 from soft goalkeeping/team clearance error on a corner. Definetly think the next 2 games should be crackers especially if both teams improve.
1sts: 1-1 - with both teams very close in skill this game was definetly a game of which team showed more enthusiasm to take advantage of chances etc, 1st half definetly went to Maitland (with score 1-0 at halfa) and the 2nd half going to Adamstown. Both teams showed alot of passion and dug deep however the game ended in a stalemate which reflected the game as a whole. In the same case as 23s i think the next 2 fixtures between these teams will be very much different stories and especially come down to who wants it the most.

Didn't maitland with a stand in goalkeeper?
From what I know, Their regular keeper was sent off last season.

supasub
12-05-2013, 06:36 PM
Great game to watch with both a physical style and also some decent football played in patches. Maitland look the better at playing passing football.
I thought the ref lost control of the match and unsure how it never erupted into an all out brawl a few times.
The woman assistant ref was a decent sort also. Likes to answer to the crowd to much but nice bit of eye candy.

I know exactly who you're talking. ;)

supasub
12-05-2013, 06:42 PM
Belswans vs Cessnock
19's 1-1 Last minute penalty for Cessnock,
23's 1-0 Belswans
1st 3-0 Belswans

"We're on our winning spree!"

ilovesoccer
12-05-2013, 07:04 PM
Didn't go up but heard there was a pretty good crowd there?

7-0 in 19s? Wow!

Off the bench
12-05-2013, 07:17 PM
Heard 1st 2nil ???

Off the bench
12-05-2013, 07:18 PM
Belswans vs Cessnock
19's 1-1 Last minute penalty for Cessnock,
23's 1-0 Belswans
1st 3-0 Belswans

"We're on our winning spree!"

Was it 3 or 2 nil?? I was told 2

Imyourhero
12-05-2013, 07:54 PM
Didn't maitland with a stand in goalkeeper?
From what I know, Their regular keeper was sent off last season.

Maitland had their keeper Ben Kelly sent off last week and they definetly missed him big time, ive watched a few games and he dominates the air. Adamstown were most dangerous from their crosses today and the keeper that played was abit inconsistent in commanding the 6 yard box. (Adamstowns goal came from corner that was curled straight to front post and somehow got through keepers hands and multiple bodies.)

supasub
12-05-2013, 09:26 PM
Was it 3 or 2 nil?? I was told 2
My mistake, simple typo. Yes it was 2-0

spamg172
12-05-2013, 10:06 PM
Maitlands keeper was the first grade GK for the last few years just getting back from injury. Be hard to get past Ben K, but pretty handy to have in reserve.

frankiechav
12-05-2013, 11:05 PM
Another quality refereeing display at Belswans on Saturday. In the 23's game Belswans kicked off by kicking the ball into the corner for the left winger to run onto..the ref blew his whistle and said that it had to be played forward first (it was played forward). Then when players remonstrated he gave a throw-in to Cessnock and when they remonstrated further he decided to re-start play. He is a disgrace and should not be refereeing at that level (and I am not suggesting that it is a high level). Then we have the assistant referee who could not keep up with play in 23's and was at least 10 metres behind play in the first grade game and was basing his decisions on off-sides purely on guess work. Belswans had a chance, that was clearly a goal...... the keeper saved it and it hit the roof of the net and bounced down over the line but the two officials (including the assistant who was catching up with play) missed it. This is probably why a number of people suggested the score was 3-0 rather than 2-0.

Imyourhero
12-05-2013, 11:11 PM
Another quality refereeing display at Belswans on Saturday. In the 23's game Belswans kicked off by kicking the ball into the corner for the left winger to run onto..the ref blew his whistle and said that it had to be played forward first (it was played forward). Then when players remonstrated he gave a throw-in to Cessnock and when they remonstrated further he decided to re-start play. He is a disgrace and should not be refereeing at that level (and I am not suggesting that it is a high level). Then we have the assistant referee who could not keep up with play in 23's and was at least 10 metres behind play in the first grade game and was basing his decisions on off-sides purely on guess work. Belswans had a chance, that was clearly a goal...... the keeper saved it and it hit the roof of the net and bounced down over the line but the two officials (including the assistant who was catching up with play) missed it. This is probably why a number of people suggested the score was 3-0 rather than 2-0.

I actually saw a man with a referee dress shirt in the stands with notepad writing down notes today at Maitland/Adamstown game, hopefully this was some sort of review of the referees. Maybe there was a similar thing happening at belswans game!

Blindfreddy
13-05-2013, 07:11 AM

I was at the Maitland game and I thought the ref had a good game, I heard Scott Thomas even say good game. Allowed the game to flow and be the spectacle it was always going to be. Some people just don't understand the game and would rather see a free kick blown every 2 minutes.

13-05-2013, 11:22 AM
23s:0-3 - this was an interesting one and a classic example of how football can slide either way, generally a tough contest however i felt in terms of stats Maitland definetly had more goalscoring opportunities with Adamstown really only having the 3 goals as their main threats with 2 of those coming from Maitland passing errors and 1 from soft goalkeeping/team clearance error on a corner. Definetly think the next 2 games should be crackers especially if both teams improve.1sts: 1-1 - with both teams very close in skill this game was definetly a game of which team showed more enthusiasm to take advantage of chances etc, 1st half definetly went to Maitland (with score 1-0 at halfa) and the 2nd half going to Adamstown. Both teams showed alot of passion and dug deep however the game ended in a stalemate which reflected the game as a whole. In the same case as 23s i think the next 2 fixtures between these teams will be very much different stories and especially come down to who wants it the most.

Agreed Imyourhero it was a very entertaining day... first of all well done to Maitland and all the commitee and staff, its the first time in a while I have been up their but what a nice touch putting on a glass of free bubbly for all the mums to celebrate mothers day. Also the food was very good as well may I add.

Onto the football and I had been told before hand that the Maitland 19s were a bit special and they certainly showed it yesterday. I thought they were smashing and to be honest the score could have been anything !! some of the football they played was great and i will be making an effort to watch them again soon.

The 23s game I have to totally disagree here but footballs all about opinions - Yes Maitland had their chances and if they had taken them then the perhaps they would have got a bit closer but to say Adamstown only had three efforts and that two of them were errors - well you must have been drinking all the free champers ha ha.

The first goal the young adamstown lad smashed into the top left hand corner direct from Adamstown ball and it was a great finish that would be fitting at any level so no idea how you describe that as a Maitland error and the 3rd was a through ball to an Adamstown striker who then still had to beat a Maitland defender round the keeper and knock it home and the second was a scramble in the box from an Adamstown corner . Additional to that the Maitland keeper made to saves from headers in the first half and also another corner for Adamstown was going in till cleared of the line.

In my opinion and also teh opinion of most around me the Adamstown 23s team were superb yesterday and yes Maitland could have scored a few but it could easily have been and should have been more than 3 for the visitors.

Now onto the BIG game of teh day and the 1st grade - It was billed a cracker and I thought it lived up to it and I must also say I thought the ref had a good game and tried to keep it flowing. I think Maitland are a very smart team and will be very hard to beat and they way they use strength and power but still have the confidence to play the ball on the ground as well is a great mix of abilities and I think they may be the more disappointed of the two teams to be settling for the draw. Adamstown I may add also added real value in the game but their flair players looked to be handled very well by Maitland and I think teh goal they got was actually direct from a corner so perhaps a little lucky.

I cannot wait for the next match up of these two sides in a few weeks time and its a real pity both wont go up as they would both be a great addition to NBN football.

Imyourhero
13-05-2013, 11:34 AM
The 23s game I have to totally disagree here but footballs all about opinions - Yes Maitland had their chances and if they had taken them then the perhaps they would have got a bit closer but to say Adamstown only had three efforts and that two of them were errors - well you must have been drinking all the free champers ha ha.

The first goal the young adamstown lad smashed into the top left hand corner direct from Adamstown ball and it was a great finish that would be fitting at any level so no idea how you describe that as a Maitland error and the 3rd was a through ball to an Adamstown striker who then still had to beat a Maitland defender round the keeper and knock it home and the second was a scramble in the box from an Adamstown corner . Additional to that the Maitland keeper made to saves from headers in the first half and also another corner for Adamstown was going in till cleared of the line.

I should have added that the errors weren't directly the cause of goals, however one was a failed backpass to the keeper which was one well by an Adamstown player and wonderfully finished and another was a misplaced pass when Maitland were playing out from the back which allowed Adamstown to gain possession and hit well with a quick counter.

I guess i was just overall dissapointed that i didn't see any well worked, multiple pass lead ups to goal but in games between top teams of a competition it often comes down to scoring however possible and Adamstown definetly did that. I think we can all agree that in both 23s and 1sts its going to be these to two teams right to the end and mostly likely in grandfinals too.

13-05-2013, 11:49 AM
Agree fully - both in 23s and 1st grade it would appear that its a two horse race yet again in the comp , although it would be good to see others getting better as the comp progresses.

i see nothing but a one horse race in 19s though as Maitland look good.

JCBT
13-05-2013, 12:42 PM
I was at the Maitland game and I thought the ref had a good game, I heard Scott Thomas even say good game. Allowed the game to flow and be the spectacle it was always going to be. Some people just don't understand the game and would rather see a free kick blown every 2 minutes.
In all honesty I think the ref was poor and failed to pull up fouls that would normally lead to bookings. I'm all for refs keeping the cards in their pockets but he was very close to having a brawl erupt several times. I've got no doubt Tanker would have said that to the ref as he was one who got away with plenty (he came in for some harsh challenges from Maitland also which was pulled up every time for a free kick). Unlike you have eluded above, I do have an idea of the game and in no way would I like to see a free kick every 2 minutes but on the other hand I don't like seeing broken legs either. Opinions are like arseholes, everybody has one but in this case I can't agree with you. Adamstown were clearly allowed more leniency with players like Palmieri (excuse spelling), Tanker and Carter getting away with much more.

13-05-2013, 01:22 PM
In all honesty I think the ref was poor and failed to pull up fouls that would normally lead to bookings. I'm all for refs keeping the cards in their pockets but he was very close to having a brawl erupt several times. I've got no doubt Tanker would have said that to the ref as he was one who got away with plenty (he came in for some harsh challenges from Maitland also which was pulled up every time for a free kick). Unlike you have eluded above, I do have an idea of the game and in no way would I like to see a free kick every 2 minutes but on the other hand I don't like seeing broken legs either. Opinions are like arseholes, everybody has one but in this case I can't agree with you. Adamstown were clearly allowed more leniency with players like Palmieri (excuse spelling), Tanker and Carter getting away with much more.

If you have an idea of the game and I have no reason to doubt that - Then I am surprised it was not clear to you that the ref was trying his hardest to keep the game flowing and he was at least consistent and fair towards both teams.

You where putting your point / opinion across was fairly well until the last part which just showed up your bias towards Maitland.

How on earth you could watch that game yesterday and think the ref was for Adamstown in just silly and if you do indeed know the game well then you are not showing it with that post sir.

The game was a huge game and thus had an edge to it and yes these games are always on the brink with people having shorter tempers than normal or going into challanges that they perhaps would not otherwise consider... Its called PRESSURE , PASSION , WILL TO WIN.

Both teams had those points in abundance and both over stepped the line on occassions which reflects furtehr still the good job the ref done in handly such a important match for both sides....

Your post suggests that Adamstown kicked Maitland off the park .... as I say , silly statement in my opinion

Ooh and for what its worth I was supporting Adamstown and thought Maitland actually shaded the game so no bias from my side.

Imyourhero
13-05-2013, 01:59 PM
If you have an idea of the game and I have no reason to doubt that - Then I am surprised it was not clear to you that the ref was trying his hardest to keep the game flowing and he was at least consistent and fair towards both teams.

You where putting your point / opinion across was fairly well until the last part which just showed up your bias towards Maitland.

How on earth you could watch that game yesterday and think the ref was for Adamstown in just silly and if you do indeed know the game well then you are not showing it with that post sir.

The game was a huge game and thus had an edge to it and yes these games are always on the brink with people having shorter tempers than normal or going into challanges that they perhaps would not otherwise consider... Its called PRESSURE , PASSION , WILL TO WIN.

Both teams had those points in abundance and both over stepped the line on occassions which reflects furtehr still the good job the ref done in handly such a important match for both sides....

Your post suggests that Adamstown kicked Maitland off the park .... as I say , silly statement in my opinion

Ooh and for what its worth I was supporting Adamstown and thought Maitland actually shaded the game so no bias from my side.

I think it was a case of not necessarily the ref having a bad game but him consciously understanding that there was alot of passion in the game and trying his hardest to allow play to flow, in consciously thinking everytime he needed to blow the whistle but trying to keep the game flow it can lead to what some people may see as bias etc but simply just a case of him being human. Some challenges should have been pulled up and some shouldn't have, we see A -league and international referees do it all the time so its easy to understand how a game full of passion can effect not only players and supporters but also referees.

JCBT
13-05-2013, 04:08 PM

Both sides kicked each other equally as hard but in my opinion the trio I mentioned appeared to have the better of the decisions.

Winner1
13-05-2013, 07:49 PM

I honestly think she did a great job, best female ref around and I have heard that she plays WPL and is the leading goal scorer. She didn't respond much at all and you can't blame her laughing at some of the stupidly, funny stuff the maitland lot were yelling out. She obviously seems to have a good relationship with most of the boys cause they don't dish out much shit to her and she was good on 23s. Would have preferred her on 1st grade actually. She's just as fast as the blokes. That and who doesn't want to see more of that piece of candy more often :wink:

Imyourhero
14-05-2013, 02:58 PM
Round 10 predictions;
Adamstown vs Thornton
Westy vs Belswans
Toronto vs Singo
Cessnock vs Maitland

supasub
14-05-2013, 05:22 PM
Agree fully - both in 23s and 1st grade it would appear that its a two horse race yet again in the comp , although it would be good to see others getting better as the comp progresses.

i see nothing but a one horse race in 19s though as Maitland look good.

Cessnock will win the compeition.

Sideline
14-05-2013, 09:54 PM
Have heard Tallan Martin has been recruited at thornton also along with the other signings they have should certainly see them wanting a top 4 spot.

looking at the table should be a good contest for 3rd and 4th this year seems alot closer than previous years but as usual the bigger teams have raced ahead of the pack so early in

Looking forward to the next maitland v adamstown clash

Jose
20-05-2013, 12:00 AM
Anybody see the Maitland games today?
Heard 19s 2-1 Maitland
23s 3-0 Maitland
1sts 5-1 Maitland
Any reports on what the games were like?

Off the bench
20-05-2013, 08:27 AM
Anybody see the Maitland games today?
Heard 19s 2-1 Maitland
23s 3-0 Maitland
1sts 5-1 Maitland
Any reports on what the games were like?
Ventured out to watch this maitland 19's team I've heard so much about. To me this was a very even game that could have gone either way. A draw would have been a good result. 23's got a couple of quick early goals, not much of a game. 1st was a very entertaining game with the score not a true reflection, was 1-1 late into the second half with both teams missing heaps of scoring chances. Cessnock made a late sub as did maitland then maitland put away 3 goals in about a 5min period. The game didnt reflect there positions on the table. Enjoyed a very fast even game except for a 5min period.

Imyourhero
20-05-2013, 09:57 AM
Ventured out to watch this maitland 19's team I've heard so much about. To me this was a very even game that could have gone either way. A draw would have been a good result. 23's got a couple of quick early goals, not much of a game. 1st was a very entertaining game with the score not a true reflection, was 1-1 late into the second half with both teams missing heaps of scoring chances. Cessnock made a late sub as did maitland then maitland put away 3 goals in about a 5min period. The game didnt reflect there positions on the table. Enjoyed a very fast even game except for a 5min period.

Was told that the game was abit stale throughout and that the subs were what changed the game for both teams especially maitland.

Off the bench
20-05-2013, 02:20 PM
Was told that the game was abit stale throughout and that the subs were what changed the game for both teams especially maitland.

Yes the subs did change the game. But was anyone's game to then. All I seen was two teams fighting hard for the points. I enjoyed the game and score was not a true reflexion but maitland deserved the win and were pushed hard for more than 3/4 of the game.

Imyourhero
20-05-2013, 03:46 PM
Maitland play Adamstown again very soon i think too. I watched the last game and was dissapointed by the amount of spectators, very important games for the region of Maitland, would be huge for the region for a team to be back in the NBN and actually give Weston abit of a local derby!

ForeverRed
20-05-2013, 03:53 PM
Maitland play Adamstown again very soon i think too. I watched the last game and was dissapointed by the amount of spectators, very important games for the region of Maitland, would be huge for the region for a team to be back in the NBN and actually give Weston abit of a local derby!
Sunday 2nd June is their next clash at Adamstown , rosebuds have made it their old boys day

Imyourhero
20-05-2013, 04:09 PM
Hopefully with the game being at Adamstown there may be a good turnout.

Zico
20-05-2013, 06:15 PM
Wasn't it mothers day when the game was played?

21-05-2013, 07:13 PM
Was at a NBN game the weekend passed so i missed the newfm

Heard the boy Martin was on fire for Maitland and with that form they may just get the derby with Weston your looking for . I still think though that Adamstown have a great mix of class , youth and potential to take them all the way

On Adamstown I believe that their 23s win was that teams 10th win out of 10 games - no mean feat by any division !!

And yes the last encounter between Maitland and Adamstown was on Mother's Day.

Imyourhero
21-05-2013, 09:56 PM
Adamstown 19s have been getting hammered?
Maitland have 1st in 19s/1sts and 2nd in 23s, so either team deserves the promotion.

21-05-2013, 11:01 PM
Nobody has said otherwise ? was simply saying that a team in the newfm has gone on a 10 winning streak from 10 games and its deserving of recognition

Just as I have recognised other achievements across my clubs (Maitland included) .

Imyourhero
21-05-2013, 11:40 PM
Also what happened to Adamstown 19s?? Last year they were a very good team.

21-05-2013, 11:57 PM

I am not sure my mate, I think they lost a few to NBN clubs but other than that not sure - sorry

Zico
22-05-2013, 09:30 AM
Was at a NBN game the weekend passed so i missed the newfm

Heard the boy Martin was on fire for Maitland and with that form they may just get the derby with Weston your looking for . I still think though that Adamstown have a great mix of class , youth and potential to take them all the way

On Adamstown I believe that their 23s win was that teams 10th win out of 10 games - no mean feat by any division !!

And yes the last encounter between Maitland and Adamstown was on Mother's Day.
It is a great achievement to win 10 from 10 but why have these blokes playing 23's and old fellas such as Tanker and Harry James playing 1st grade?

TheBean
22-05-2013, 10:36 AM

That and who doesn't want to see more of that piece of candy more often :wink:

nice sexism lads, really good for the game :sigh:

demon
22-05-2013, 11:59 AM

Speaking to a couple after last weekends game this year may have had a few influences:

Promotions & NBN - they did lose a number to other clubs and internal club promotion.

Unsettled squad - new players still being introduced even in last weeks meaning they now have a squad where at least 2 players every week do not take the field at all yet all are expected to be at every training session and every game stripped and on bench.

Unsettled coaches - numerous coaches were invovled. One not available at all on their pre season Monday nights eventually left, younger players not comfortable with senior coaches methods and team talks, latest coach only been there for 3 weeks.

Unhappy players - players comments about players out of positions, lack of confidence in players shown by coaches after recent game at Maitland coach made comment in front of entire squad that "if anyone knew a keeper to bring them along as they needed one" (fine the kid had a poor game but really? was that public a comment necessary in front of the whole team???). Differing opinins being voiced during game by coach & manager in giving directions.

Poor outlook - of the group I spoke with, all vented to some degree but out of the seven six have already decided they will not stay with club next season due to all of the above and are finding hard to have enthusiasm at training.

My opinion, squad is in danger of going from over numbered to short of players as some are looking at transferring out in community football with their mates sides. Not a happy group at present unfortunately.

demon
22-05-2013, 12:17 PM
Interested to hear others opinions on the proposed Players Point system especially for next season and any other comments on the proposed changes, just reading through a copy of them myself this morning and some very big expecations on the coaching side of things for this level also.

Imyourhero
22-05-2013, 12:35 PM
Interested to hear others opinions on the proposed Players Point system especially for next season and any other comments on the proposed changes, just reading through a copy of them myself this morning and some very big expecations on the coaching side of things for this level also.

Any links to documents etc? Might have a read.

JCBT
22-05-2013, 03:05 PM
Get off your high horse ****wit.

TheBean
22-05-2013, 06:04 PM
Get off your high horse ****wit.

doesnt have to be a very high horse to be above you champ

Winner1
22-05-2013, 11:04 PM

Mate the lady is refereeing men's football, I'm sure she appreciates a comment or two. And it's not just that she is a great piece to watch because of her looks but she can ref! Lighten up!

Imyourhero
22-05-2013, 11:55 PM
TheBean must be a woman. Stop whining or get back in the kitchen!

:tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

(sarcasm for those who are abit slow)

TheBean
22-05-2013, 11:59 PM
i'll ask her next time i see her reffing if she appreciates being referred to as a "piece of candy" haha, refs cop enough bullshit (rightfully so most of the time) no need to be dirty old men about it

Winner1
23-05-2013, 07:05 AM
i'll ask her next time i see her reffing if she appreciates being referred to as a "piece of candy" haha, refs cop enough bullshit (rightfully so most of the time) no need to be dirty old men about it

Pretty sure she enjoys it. She wouldn't smile otherwise :grin:

Imyourhero
26-05-2013, 05:56 PM
Maitland vs Toronto
5-1
Only 1sts played.

outsider
26-05-2013, 07:11 PM
Singleton V Adamstown

U19 1-6
U23 1-6
1st 0-2 Singo keeper had a blinder-could have been anything but Adamstown couldnt convert and missed too many.Will have to play a lot better if they want to beat Maitland next week

EH9
26-05-2013, 10:18 PM

Not against the points system, think it will alleviate some player movements and hopefully reign in players payments. What is stupid is some of the requirements that are going to trickle down to this level, especially the coaching requirements.

On a different topic, watched Westy and Cessnock today. Not a great game, but Westy clearly the better side. Cessnock were not helped by their wide player putting his knee into the face of a Westy player who was on his hands and knees.

goaliepersempre
26-05-2013, 10:58 PM
Singleton V Adamstown

U19 1-6
U23 1-6
1st 0-2 Singo keeper had a blinder-could have been anything but Adamstown couldnt convert and missed too many.Will have to play a lot better if they want to beat Maitland next week

for the 15 mins i Saw.. Seemed to me it was more so down to very poor shooting from Adamstown. Then any heriocs by the keeper.. But I did only see about 15 mins

seldom
27-05-2013, 01:51 AM
for the 15 mins i Saw.. Seemed to me it was more so down to very poor shooting from Adamstown. Then any heriocs by the keeper.. But I did only see about 15 mins

lol...you keepers wont give each other a RAP

goaliepersempre
28-05-2013, 12:43 AM
lol...you keepers wont give each other a RAP

I give when I see something I like.. I am only mentioning the 15 mins roughly I saw... Claps from the grandstand and beer area for things that was poor play from adamstown....

29-05-2013, 08:45 AM
Massive game this weekend at the buds !!

1st grade , I really feel Adamstown need to record a victory in this one against Maitland .

It wont be easy but the buds have players back and are starting to click and playing some great football now .

In 23s, I will go for the buds to keep there 10 or 11 game (can't remember ?) winning run going and all but wrap up the title

In 19s , no doubt that young Maitland team will roll over the young buds again - smashing team that Maitland 19s are

Predictions
19s Maitland
23s Adamstown
1st Adamstown

Imyourhero
29-05-2013, 12:18 PM
Extremely crucial game for the competition and almost impossible to tip a result.
Whats even better is that the 3rd game between the clubs is the 2nd last round of the competition so most likely promotion will go right down to the wire.
I think personally Maitland have a more solid all round game however Adamstown will be tough force at home, i'll tip the draw.

TheBean
29-05-2013, 04:32 PM
what day is the buds-pies game?

Imyourhero
29-05-2013, 04:41 PM
Sunday

29-05-2013, 05:03 PM
Just had a look at the league table and Mr Paul is getting a bit of a run going with Belmont , always liked what he does out there and he generally tries to get his teams playing football but often just dos not have the players to push on.

If the Adamstown v Maitland game was to end up a draw and they win then there would only be 6 pts between 1st and 3rd.

Winner1
29-05-2013, 06:23 PM
Adamstown vs Maitland
19s Maitland
23s Adamstown
1st Maitland

sancho_theswan
31-05-2013, 09:17 AM
Are the BelSWANS "flying" under the radar??????

The axe
31-05-2013, 09:52 PM
Who is/are the best player/players in the comp and at individual clubs, I'd like to hear people's opinion on their own club and others?

supasub
01-06-2013, 05:02 PM
Are the BelSWANS "flying" under the radar??????

Yes.

Imyourhero
01-06-2013, 06:07 PM
How does Adamstown's ground hold up in the rain?

Winner1
01-06-2013, 11:12 PM
How does Adamstown's ground hold up in the rain?

It gets a little wet, just all depends if they are being princesses about it being scuffed a little. Should be right, only had 1mm of rain

TAFC
02-06-2013, 08:35 AM
Toronto v Westy @ Peacock is off

EH9
02-06-2013, 10:24 AM
Who is/are the best player/players in the comp and at individual clubs, I'd like to hear people's opinion on their own club and others?

Do you want to get the ball rolling?

Imyourhero
02-06-2013, 10:46 AM
Thornton v Singo off
Maitland v Adamstown 19s/23s off, apparently 1sts is still a maybe.

The Manager
02-06-2013, 01:20 PM
Thornton v Singo off
Maitland v Adamstown 19s/23s off, apparently 1sts is still a maybe.

All games at Adamstown are now postponed due to weather

supasub
03-06-2013, 01:32 PM
I remember this discussion happened last year however I want to bring it up again.
Isn't this competition meant to be an elite level of football?
So why is it that a little bit of rain will stop matches.
Yeah, the ground may get damaged but if each player in the club pulls their weight,
gets to training an hour early, or even just 30 minutes early to do some quick ground repairs they would have no problem.
Gone are the good ol' days where nothing could stop us playing.
I honestly thought that if you were playing at this level you would be aspiring to further your career in football and try and make it into the A-league.
Yes, I know only a select few will ever make the transition to professional. But, if you look at European football, they play: rain, hail and shine.
That is why Australian football will never be able to compete with countries like Spain, France, England; because, a little weather will stop us playing. I know it's crazy to compare the NEWFM First Division to international teams but doesn't the development of our future generations start in this competition. For example, what about Andrew Hoole? He has gone from Magic first grade to Australian U/20's.

So I reckon. Play in all types of weather, rain, hail, shine even snow but lets be honest, that will never happen.

Imyourhero
03-06-2013, 02:19 PM
I remember this discussion happened last year however I want to bring it up again.
Yeah, the ground may get damaged but if each player in the club pulls their weight,
gets to training an hour early, or even just 30 minutes early to do some quick ground repairs they would have no problem.
I honestly thought that if you were playing at this level you would be aspiring to further your career in football and try and make it into the A-league.
Yes, I know only a select few will ever make the transition to professional. But, if you look at European football, they play: rain, hail and shine.
That is why Australian football will never be able to compete with countries like Spain, France, England; because, a little weather will stop us playing. I know it's crazy to compare the NEWFM First Division to international teams but doesn't the development of our future generations start in this competition. For example, what about Andrew Hoole? He has gone from Magic first grade to Australian U/20's.

So I reckon. Play in all types of weather, rain, hail, shine even snow but lets be honest, that will never happen.

+1 110%
Especially when its already halfway through the competition, most teams with only about 6 games left to play on home soil.
Midweek games where abit of rain has fallen will be even harder to get played as councils have ruling for alot of clubs.

Winner1
03-06-2013, 03:01 PM

Hate to burst your bubble but if you want to get anywhere you don't aspire to become part of the A-League....Those that want to get anywhere move to Europe. It also has nothing to do with the weather why we cannot compete up there with the elite countries; it has to do with Australia being a society that plays many sports. When this happens, the country becomes overall mediocre.
Oh and the weather was pretty foul yesterday and you cannot compare NEWFM and the likes of the big leagues overseas.

ace22
03-06-2013, 03:16 PM
Hate to burst your bubble but if you want to get anywhere you don't aspire to become part of the A-League....Those that want to get anywhere move to Europe. It also has nothing to do with the weather why we cannot compete up there with the elite countries; it has to do with Australia being a society that plays many sports. When this happens, the country becomes overall mediocre.
Oh and the weather was pretty foul yesterday and you cannot compare NEWFM and the likes of the big leagues overseas.

Noone whinges about the standard of league or afl in australia. Because they dont have countries 5x more populated and 100 percent devoted to those sports playing them. Otherwise we'd be 30th + in the world in them to.

Soccers still the most played sport in this country statistics proved that just a year ago. And as a person that went to three different high schools I can tell you the best athletes that got nowere in there chosen sports were soccer players proving how hard it is. Some guys even making state or national teams in there 2nd choice sport because it was that much easyier.

A league is still a huge acomplishment theres like 300000+ that play soccer in australia and if you make it there your an athlete.

The problem with soccer in this country is like newcastle. 10x more people play soccer but most support league. Even in some afl towns more people play soccer but they all support afl. How often will you be at soccer training and talk of the weekends rugby league games come up. Till soccer players start following soccer. The amount of profesional teams , money and players actually playing professional in this country will never reach what it should be.

cobra23
03-06-2013, 03:26 PM

Mate you have eaten your words here,
2 nbn soccer games got played yesterday,
NOT 1 Rugby League game got played......:whistling:

Winner1
03-06-2013, 03:38 PM
You've missed the point: Australia's primary sports are NRL, AFL and cricket. The money goes into those sports because while soccer is the most popular..... the quality of players isn't there. If anyone wants to be a great player and be up there they get the hell out of Australia. To be able to promote the game with followers , the quality has to be there...and it's not. The game has become too political in Australia, but that is like in most sports, but even more so in the soccer case.

De-Champ
03-06-2013, 05:18 PM
You've missed the point: Australia's primary sports are NRL, AFL and cricket. The money goes into those sports because while soccer is the most popular..... the quality of players isn't there. If anyone wants to be a great player and be up there they get the hell out of Australia. To be able to promote the game with followers , the quality has to be there...and it's not. The game has become too political in Australia, but that is like in most sports, but even more so in the soccer case.

The quality is not there? nonsense.. The A League is pretty good...not the best league in the world but not the worst either. If the truth were known it is better than some European leagues.. The weather has nothing to do with quality etc Games go ahead as determined by the referee who takes into account players safety...In other words it is a liability issue.

ace22
03-06-2013, 07:10 PM

Nothing to do with the quality of players! Its not enough money because not enough people support soccer here. Everybody plays noone supports it! If heaps of overseas countries eat slept and breathed Afl. We'd be 'shit ' at that to compared to them also. Other sports here are just lucky they have no countries to compare them to.

Sick of people comparing a world game. To other sports people think weve mastered because were the only ****ing country that plays them.

outsider
03-06-2013, 07:22 PM
The quality is not there? nonsense.. The A League is pretty good...not the best league in the world but not the worst either. If the truth were known it is better than some European leagues.. The weather has nothing to do with quality etc Games go ahead as determined by the referee who takes into account players safety...In other words it is a liability issue.

In fact most grounds are called out by either the local council or the club themselves.Very few grounds are inspected and called out by the referees.Highfields was called off at half time in reggies yesterday but Adamstown.Toronto and Thornton by the clubs.Most Hunter Valley grounds are called out early by the council

hawk
03-06-2013, 08:02 PM
Nothing to do with the quality of players! Its not enough money because not enough people support soccer here. Everybody plays noone supports it! If heaps of overseas countries eat slept and breathed Afl. We'd be 'shit ' at that to compared to them also. Other sports here are just lucky they have no countries to compare them to. Sick of people comparing a world game. To other sports people think weve mastered because were the only ****ing country that plays them.
This
fta Advertisement > support > culture = $ + popularity. Afl may bury league one day down the track.
Our training called off due to bogan fest Wednesday night, case solved.

Winner1
03-06-2013, 08:06 PM
Nothing to do with the quality of players! Its not enough money because not enough people support soccer here. Everybody plays noone supports it! If heaps of overseas countries eat slept and breathed Afl. We'd be 'shit ' at that to compared to them also. Other sports here are just lucky they have no countries to compare them to.

Sick of people comparing a world game. To other sports people think weve mastered because were the only ****ing country that plays them.
That's exactly what I'm saying mate, if all our country did was play soccer we would be up there some more

hawk
03-06-2013, 08:11 PM
And back to Newfm....Why is this comp so lopsided?

Imyourhero
03-06-2013, 08:32 PM

I believe attitude plays a big role.
Throughout most the club you have half of the people who take it seriously and half the guys who really couldn't give a shit but for some reason are too scared to give their spots to motivated players and go play All age/IDs with their mates (which are 99% hugely competitive leagues!). That's whys you see so many overage guys in many of the 23s team, too many guys who won't move on when everyone knows they can't cut it in 1st grade anymore and do nothing but waste spots.

ForeverRed
03-06-2013, 09:43 PM
Throughout most the club you have half of the people who take it seriously and half the guys who really couldn't give a shit but for some reason are too scared to give their spots to motivated players and go play All age/IDs with their mates (which are 99% hugely competitive leagues!). That's whys you see so many overage guys in many of the 23s team, too many guys who won't move on when everyone knows they can't cut it in 1st grade anymore and do nothing but waste spots.

Doesn't make sense , isn't this a coaches decision

Imyourhero
03-06-2013, 09:48 PM
Doesn't make sense , isn't this a coaches decision

Many coaches may have just as bad attitudes, happy to aspire for anything other than last and can be resistant when it comes to change.
They may be happy to have these older heads who have been around for a while because they know what they will get from them (possibly have also become their mates which cause issues) and nervous about letting new boys into the fold.

Jardelsimage
03-06-2013, 10:01 PM

because some clubs pay better

Jardelsimage
03-06-2013, 10:02 PM

confused???????

GazFish35
03-06-2013, 10:52 PM
Ground closures is about protecting the surface so it doesn't cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to repair after being turned to mud, or compressed through over use when wet and turn rock hard when dried out.

Carry on.
New-fm

Youaskedforit
04-06-2013, 09:31 AM
because some clubs pay better

So wrong !!!!

ForeverRed
04-06-2013, 10:10 AM
You can't say rosebuds haven't put their team together with $$$$, at least Maitland have juniors playing for them

04-06-2013, 10:30 AM
I have never hide the fact that I am close to the club as used to play for them and got a family member on the committee however this reply is balanced and fair.

That is not accurate Forever Red annd wrong to suggest the buds team is together on $$$$ ... of the 28 man senior squad at the rosebuds almost ALL the players receive the same cash payments when they play for 1st grade .... These more senior players choose to play for the club due to the coaches and not for $$$$ as you wrongly suggested and because they are driven by the same goal as the coaches and committee which is to see this proud club back in the NBN.

Also of the 28 man senior squad .... 12 or roughly that have been with the club since their late teens years and further more 3 of the 28 man squad played 19s last year.

So by my maths that is 15 of a 28 man squad that have developed with the club over the last few years. Also the Rosebuds have had loads of players from there 23s squad who are all under 23 years old play some part in the first grade this year with some even nailing down a place in the 1st team now , suggesting to me that Adamstown are all about developing there own players.

I cannot comment on your bit about Maitland and there team as I know nothing about that (but I knwo they currently have a good 19s youth) but to clarify your miles off the mark with your comment about $$$$ being the key behind Adamstown mate....

Imyourhero
04-06-2013, 11:22 AM
There's a million factors holding Australian football back.
The problems go way beyond Newfm and NBN, for example you see bullshit selections in the Jets squad and all throughout the league there are average players who get recycled at club after club when i'm sure there would be players in the NSWPL etc that would excel if given the chance in the AL.

frankiechav
04-06-2013, 11:27 PM
Has the NewFM forum been moved? This one seems to be just the Maitland and Adamstown forum....?

outsider
04-06-2013, 11:39 PM
Has the NewFM forum been moved? This one seems to be just the Maitland and Adamstown forum....?

Are there any other clubs in NEWFM

ace22
05-06-2013, 12:14 AM

because its diveded between clubs looking for promotion to nbn and clubs that are only in the competition because they want a certain 'area' represented.

ace22
05-06-2013, 12:16 AM
This
fta Advertisement > support > culture = $ + popularity. Afl may bury league one day down the track.
Our training called off due to bogan fest Wednesday night, case solved.

exactly. soccer training called of due to a rugby league game. Thats ****ing stupid.

how many rugby league teams called of there training tonight because the socceroos were playing? thats right none.

05-06-2013, 12:16 AM

Are there any other clubs in NEWFM

because its diveded between clubs looking for promotion to nbn and clubs that are only in the competition because they want a certain 'area' represented.

It's a forum , and open to ALL clubs but you can lead a horse to water but you can make it drink as they said in the old days !!

Retired
05-06-2013, 08:53 AM
I think you will find some clubs are simply happy to be in New FM. But then you have others who work hard to get into NBN.
But these things cost money to compete. Soccer in newcastle isnt a financial business and clubs need to build a figthing fund in order to compete
Examples
Cessnock
West Wallsend
Adamstown
Lambton

TheBean
05-06-2013, 04:42 PM
when is atown v pies catchup game scheduled for

Off the bench
05-06-2013, 05:25 PM
Trouble getting players to travel to the likes of Westy and cessnock.
I think you will find some clubs are simply happy to be in New FM. But then you have others who work hard to get into NBN.
But these things cost money to compete. Soccer in newcastle isnt a financial business and clubs need to build a figthing fund in order to compete
Examples
Cessnock
West Wallsend
Adamstown
Lambton

EH9
05-06-2013, 06:10 PM
Trouble getting players to travel to the likes of Westy and cessnock.

I would think it alot harder to get people to go to Cessnock. Westy isn't that far away anymore.

ilovesoccer
05-06-2013, 06:13 PM
Last nights catch up games between Tronno and maitland

23s 4-1 maitland
19s 7-0 maitland

Retired
05-06-2013, 08:46 PM
Reading the paper today. Big day planned at Westy this weekend. I looked on the NNSW website. Looks great. Shame the advertising hasn't been better or sooner. This is a big day for Aust football. Not just Newcastle.

ForeverRed
05-06-2013, 10:35 PM
Reading the paper today. Big day planned at Westy this weekend. I looked on the NNSW website. Looks great. Shame the advertising hasn't been better or sooner. This is a big day for Aust football. Not just Newcastle.
It's a shame all other state league games weren't scheduled for Saturday and Monday

The axe
05-06-2013, 11:17 PM
exactly. soccer training called of due to a rugby league game. Thats ****ing stupid.

how many rugby league teams called of there training tonight because the socceroos were playing? thats right none.

You must be a Victorian

Premy
05-06-2013, 11:25 PM
You must be a Victorian

You must be a meat head

Off the bench
05-06-2013, 11:33 PM
I would think it alot harder to get people to go to Cessnock. Westy isn't that far away anymore.

I know they are chasing players hard out cessnock.

Winner1
06-06-2013, 12:09 AM
Last nights catch up games between Tronno and maitland

23s 4-1 maitland
19s 7-0 maitland
Good games, 23s keeper did pretty good and is making a good come back from where ever he has been.

hawk
06-06-2013, 01:11 AM
You must be a Victorian
why? Plenty dont follow league in newy spesh under 40

Zico
06-06-2013, 11:54 AM
I know they are chasing players hard out cessnock.
Why would anybody play there?

Forever Green
06-06-2013, 01:10 PM
It's a shame all other state league games weren't scheduled for Saturday and Monday

They schedule games on GF so why this game? They do not understand football. The administrators would be lucky to watch a football game of any quality, anywhere in the world.

sancho_theswan
07-06-2013, 02:23 PM
The "high flying" BelSWANS should make it 5 wins on the "wing" this weekend!........ All 3 grades????????

sancho_theswan
09-06-2013, 09:15 AM
The "high flying" BelSWANS should make it 5 wins on the "wing" this weekend!........ All 3 grades????????

Yep....... That's 5 on the "fly" for the BelSWANS. 6-1 win against Singo yesterday thanks to goals from Tommy Picho, Phil Tas (2) and a Shane Paul hat trick!
Watch this space for an announcement of a new signing (from NBN).
I tell ya suckers now..... forget Maitland and the Buds, the BelSWAN boys are "happy".

Zico
09-06-2013, 11:34 AM
Yep....... That's 5 on the "fly" for the BelSWANS. 6-1 win against Singo yesterday thanks to goals from Tommy Picho, Phil Tas (2) and a Shane Paul hat trick!
Watch this space for an announcement of a new signing (from NBN).
I tell ya suckers now..... forget Maitland and the Buds, the BelSWAN boys are "happy".
Won't be promoted to NBN even if you blokes do win the comp.

ForeverRed
09-06-2013, 11:56 AM
Ouch

Zico
09-06-2013, 11:58 AM
Valentine will be praying for Belswans to win it so they can stay in NBN. Maybe they will then try to Merge with Belswans pmsl

Winner1
09-06-2013, 05:39 PM
Valentine will be praying for Belswans to win it so they can stay in NBN. Maybe they will then try to Merge with Belswans pmsl
Belswans have no hope of winning it....

ilovesoccer
09-06-2013, 05:58 PM
Maitland v Thornton
1st 4-0 maitland
23s 4-0 maitland
19s 8-0 maitland

Winner1
09-06-2013, 06:04 PM
Maitland v Thornton
1st 4-0 maitland
23s 4-0 maitland
19s 8-0 maitland
Wow 19s pulled their finger out after their last efforts against them. Finally picked up an actual striker hopefully

outsider
09-06-2013, 06:12 PM
Wow 19s pulled their finger out after their last efforts against them. Finally picked up an actual striker hopefully

No-Thornton were horrible

outsider
09-06-2013, 06:14 PM
Maitland v Thornton
1st 4-0 maitland
23s 4-0 maitland
19s 8-0 maitland

Nil all at half time.Maitland were very ordinary in front of goal while the Thornton goalie had a blinder.Could have been a double figure score.Maitland showed no respect for the ball in front of goal.Will need to pull fingers out on Wed when they play Adamstown who beat Westy 6-0.

Retired
09-06-2013, 06:44 PM
Backed up my comments and went to watch Adamstown and Westy today. Hadn't been out there for 2or 3 years. What a letdown such a shame Westy can't even string 3 passes together, pass or mark. I'd be surprised if Smithy didn't remind them to turn around at half time. Time to find a few old heads or go looking for some talent
6 nil Adamstown and I guess they hit the post or bar 10 times too

De-Champ
09-06-2013, 06:47 PM
Backed up my comments and went to watch Adamstown and Westy today. Hadn't been out there for 2or 3 years. What a letdown such a shame Westy can't even string 3 passes together, pass or mark. I'd be surprised if Smithy didn't remind them to turn around at half time. Time to find a few old heads or go looking for some talent
6 nil Adamstown and I guess they hit the post or bar 10 times too

Smithy was not there, at a function in Sydney

Jose
09-06-2013, 07:30 PM
Were Thornton 19s really that bad? Didn't the Maitland 19s beat Adamstown 7-0 and then Toronto 7-0 and now Thornton 8-0?
That sort of score line surely represents more than just a poor performance from the opposition? Especially 3 games in a row... and to be honest probably hard to criticize them too much if they are a good side in an ordinary competition.

Winner1
09-06-2013, 08:20 PM
Were Thornton 19s really that bad? Didn't the Maitland 19s beat Adamstown 7-0 and then Toronto 7-0 and now Thornton 8-0?
That sort of score line surely represents more than just a poor performance from the opposition? Especially 3 games in a row... and to be honest probably hard to criticize them too much if they are a good side in an ordinary competition.
Maitland 19s are a great side but they lack depth that the team had originally and are hit and miss at times EG-last time they played Thornton they went down 2-1. They will win the comp but in saying that they aren't better than last year's team. They are a good team and their coach has obviously done a fair bit but has a far way to go with them.

Jose
09-06-2013, 08:32 PM
Agreed they probably aren't as good as the team last year but they do have a lot more younger players than last year which I suppose makes a difference also it would be hard to get a great deal of depth in a 19s team that is in the second division.

Their coach obviously has them improving which todays result shows and he's a young guy who had the team last year so he is doing pretty well i guess but I suppose the test for those players is whether they make the jump up the grades in the future or in the 19s if Maitland get promotion.

It's interesting to watch anyway

outsider
09-06-2013, 09:05 PM

Yes they were.Turned it up.Their defence was non existent and they played like they didnt want to be there.First 15 minutes was great but downhill after that

10-06-2013, 09:27 AM
Went to Westy to watch the buds all three grades and like last year the 1st grade are gaining momentum at just the right time this 0-6 scoreline flattered Westy. Adamstown passed the ball about with real confidence and I think if they get a result over Maitland during the week and get top of the comp they will be difficult to knock off

As an addition the Adamstown 23s made it 12 straight wins with a very comfortable victory themselves - i think they must have got something like 25 corners !! and again this sets up a cracker against the Maitland 23s during the week as Maitland I feel must win this game what with them being 5 or 6 pts behind them as it stands

10-06-2013, 11:18 AM
yes Belswans have signed a good player there in Joel.a nice bloke as well .

ForeverRed
10-06-2013, 11:41 AM
yes Belswans have signed a good player there in Joel.a nice bloke as well .
Joel who

10-06-2013, 12:05 PM
Joel who
Joel Shearer from Olympic.a bit closer to home i think,

Imyourhero
10-06-2013, 12:40 PM

What position does he play?

ForeverRed
10-06-2013, 01:18 PM
Handy pick up

sancho_theswan
10-06-2013, 05:52 PM
Handy pick up

A more than handy pickup for a squad like "southie"..... a great pickup for a "high flying" squad like BelSWANS!
Will fit in "like a finger up a swans bum"!

sancho_theswan
10-06-2013, 05:54 PM
Ouch

????? not the point..... not what I commented on!

sancho_theswan
10-06-2013, 05:54 PM

Not the issue... not what I said!