PDA

View Full Version : 2013 NEW FM League Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

frankiechav
24-06-2013, 11:08 PM
Well done Belswans on a great performance on the weekend. As members have already suggested, not many teams go to Maitland and win....so credit where credit is due. I disagree with the comments regarding the referees. The 23's ref made some poor decisions and jumped on any player that even appealed for a decision. Rude to players and spoke to them like children. The first grade ref done his job well. Should have been a little stronger from the start, they should use their assistants thats correct but can overule if he thinks that it is not he right decision, after all thats why he/she is the one in the middle. Should be a cracker at Blackmsiths next week.

sancho_theswan
24-06-2013, 11:08 PM
I've been howled down recently by sanch_theswan for the "speculation" about the much talked about Belswans & VPFC merger but the rumours I'm hearing are getting stronger by the day. My beloved Magic had their game called off so I ventured up to Maitland to watch the game and noticed a VPFC Official at the game. Is the take over getting closer?

Hahaha! Zico you clown... please enlighten me with your vast knowledge of these two clubs as to who/where these so called "rumours" are generating if you may. So they're getting stronger by the day, that's a laugh seeing nobody out this way is aware of them. Just your dribble on here is giving it air. Since when does one VPFC "official" at a game mean anything. I saw several Swansea officials at our last home game.... what do you read into that then? I also saw the "Swan" twins at our last home game, maybe there must be some kind of player interchange between Olympic and BelSWANS about to take place. The Jets trained at our ground this afternoon please put your spin on that one! I'm over your garbage.

sancho_theswan
24-06-2013, 11:23 PM
sancho_theswan is one who blows his own trumpet or that of his club more than any other person on this forum.
Like mentioned earlier by another person, sancho_theswan will soon be turning people off Belswans like they were turned off Awaba by the other bloke a while ago.

I'm not going to apologise about making comments about crap being said about my club by rumour mongering dicks. I'm also basking in the glory of the 7 match winning streak the BelSWANS boys are on, that's all especially when it doesn't happen out here very often. Unfortunately not all supporters or clubs for that mater are as fortunate as yourself in having a club that is always successful as yours. Just leave me and my club alone, I'm over and out with you chump.

Premy
24-06-2013, 11:29 PM
Sancho for PM telling them how it is.

sancho_theswan
24-06-2013, 11:31 PM
I'm still a fan of "Keep the long balls short" comments.

Youaskedforit
25-06-2013, 09:16 AM
Well said!!! Difference is Sancho at least supports his club, instead of spruking sh*t all the time.

Hope youre not saying the legendary " stagforlife " didnt support his club ? From what i remember he was on the committee without having any kids involved at the club whatsoever. Would still be involved if he wasnt so unceremoniously stabbed in the back by certain so called friends at the time.......... and was also behind the organising of the rooball kids playing before first grade kickoffs, the link between toronto juniors, westlakes juniors and morissett juniors and the " A " grade teams at these three clubs in the U13-14-15 age groups, not sure if any of these foundations have been carried on with ? hhhhmmmmm interesting ? So im pretty sure "stagforlife " DID support his club clown !!!! ............

Heskey
25-06-2013, 09:22 AM
"Adamstown conceded a goal, which was a negative for the match and gave Toronto a goal on the scoreboard, but it was not enough to take the three points from the home side."

Northern NSW Football's reporter at it again.I'm a first year University student and I reckon I could write a better report with my eyes closed.

Poor form.

sutho
25-06-2013, 09:28 AM
Hope youre not saying the legendary " stagforlife " didnt support his club ? From what i remember he was on the committee without having any kids involved at the club whatsoever. Would still be involved if he wasnt so unceremoniously stabbed in the back by certain so called friends at the time.......... and was also behind the organising of the rooball kids playing before first grade kickoffs, the link between toronto juniors, westlakes juniors and morissett juniors and the " A " grade teams at these three clubs in the U13-14-15 age groups, not sure if any of these foundations have been carried on with ? hhhhmmmmm interesting ? So im pretty sure "stagforlife " DID support his club clown !!!! ............
You seem to know the spruking sh*t legend extremely well youaskedforit? it would appear you listened to him too much! From what youv'e said stagforlife singlehandedly saved the planet. I wish he was back on the forum! at least we'd get a good laugh.

Youaskedforit
25-06-2013, 09:33 AM
You seem to know the spruking sh*t legend extremely well youaskedforit? it would appear you listened to him too much! From what youv'e said stagforlife singlehandedly saved the planet. I wish he was back on the forum! at least we'd get a good laugh.

No but he did start the above mentioned things at awaba, along with Halps and WB, so its just a shame it has all fallen to the ground with absolutely no interst in junior clubs, only personal gains.

"Stagforlife " wont be back, he has retired, matured and living on the peninsular supporting belswans these days. ;)

sancho_theswan
25-06-2013, 09:51 AM
"Stagforlife " wont be back, he has retired, matured and living on the peninsular supporting belswans these days. ;)

Hmmm...... maybe I'm the reincarnation of "Stagforlife". Sorry, let's not bring religion into it!

Winner1
25-06-2013, 10:02 AM
Well done Belswans on a great performance on the weekend. As members have already suggested, not many teams go to Maitland and win....so credit where credit is due. I disagree with the comments regarding the referees. The 23's ref made some poor decisions and jumped on any player that even appealed for a decision. Rude to players and spoke to them like children. The first grade ref done his job well. Should have been a little stronger from the start, they should use their assistants thats correct but can overule if he thinks that it is not he right decision, after all thats why he/she is the one in the middle. Should be a cracker at Blackmsiths next week.

Belswans supporter are we...Pretty sure you've got your refs mixed up. For starters the 23s ref basically didn't raise her voice at a player all game. One player did whinge at her constantly and she solved that with a booking. For a small female she demonstrated respect with the players and I don't know what game you were watching but when required she let them know what the foul was and to leave it at that. That's smart refereeing. As for the 1st grade ref, if you call basically being in a player's face where they are almost touching each other's nose, polite, you have no idea. Overruling on a big call is a very dangerous move and with her being right there and him too far from the play at the time, he should have shown more smarts.

Zico
25-06-2013, 10:16 AM
I'm not going to apologise about making comments about crap being said about my club by rumour mongering dicks. I'm also basking in the glory of the 7 match winning streak the BelSWANS boys are on, that's all especially when it doesn't happen out here very often. Unfortunately not all supporters or clubs for that mater are as fortunate as yourself in having a club that is always successful as yours. Just leave me and my club alone, I'm over and out with you chump.
I'll keep throwing the line if you keep taking the bait :sparring: sancho_thestagwhojumpedshiptoaswansoontobeaphoenix :roflz:

sancho_theswan
25-06-2013, 11:58 AM
I'll keep throwing the line if you keep taking the bait :sparring: sancho_thestagwhojumpedshiptoaswansoontobeaphoenix :roflz:

Fair enough then Zico I get the picture. All you are is a "rumour stirring fool with nothing of any real importance to say on here". Although I don't quiet get the point of you being on this thread if all you're doing is casting bait. Maybe go back to the other thread where you can discuss something positive like "magic's solar energy innovation" which has such benefits for the environment.

Zico
25-06-2013, 12:40 PM
Fair enough then Zico I get the picture. All you are is a "rumour stirring fool with nothing of any real importance to say on here". Although I don't quiet get the point of you being on this thread if all you're doing is casting bait. Maybe go back to the other thread where you can discuss something positive like "magic's solar energy innovation" which has such benefits for the environment.
Shit stirring aside sancho, I have heard from several people that Phoenix were considering the possibility of a merger.

I'm asking a serious question here not shit stirring, as a club are you looking at promotion in a few years? And again I'm not having a go at you but if so why not spend the money currently being spent on players to develop your facilities to NBN standard first? It looks to me being an outsider that the cart is being put before the horse. I can also see your side of the argument that if NBN clubs use your facilities for catch up games then they could well be deamed to be of NBN standard. I'm asking this as civil question and not having a dig at you this time.

sancho_theswan
25-06-2013, 03:07 PM
Shit stirring aside sancho, I have heard from several people that Phoenix were considering the possibility of a merger.

I'm asking a serious question here not shit stirring, as a club are you looking at promotion in a few years? And again I'm not having a go at you but if so why not spend the money currently being spent on players to develop your facilities to NBN standard first? It looks to me being an outsider that the cart is being put before the horse. I can also see your side of the argument that if NBN clubs use your facilities for catch up games then they could well be deamed to be of NBN standard. I'm asking this as civil question and not having a dig at you this time.

Thank you Zico for at last being reasonable.......I'll try to answer as best I can.

1. - it takes two to tango or foxtrot for that matter. VPFC officals can bang on all they want about merger/takeover crap, but from all the committee and players from BelSWANS that I've spoken to it just ain't going to happen. At no point have BelSWANS officials ever talked to VPFC people in relation to this. Unless there is something "fowl" and dirty going on the "Phoenix" wil not be "roosting at Blacksmiths", especially when its been a "SWAN sanctuary" since 1935!

2. - As far as I'm aware there is no talk of promotion coming out of BelSWANS at this stage (but who knows). All players at BelSWANS are not on vast sums of $$$$, the attraction is bringing local guys back to play local. It could be viewed as "the cart before the horse" but, getting quality locals back to play in the area is doing a few things........ making the club more successful in terms of player numbers and ultimately results. The local boys and the results are bringing more local people back to home games which is also improving $$$ generation on match days.
I believe the club does not think it is near NBN standard in relation to facilites but things are moving eg.... the club has spent over 20K$$$$$ on improvements to amentities/player facilities which when used by VPFC/Olympic/Magic during State Cup were very happy with the home amenities ie size, showers, carpet (Yes) etc. - (but there is still a long way to go). The club was without a bore pump all summer (replaced last month by LMCC - finally) so the playing surface will improve and there maybe grant applications in the pipeline.
I hope this may answer some of those questions Zico.

Zico
25-06-2013, 03:17 PM
Thank you Zico for at last being reasonable.......I'll try to answer as best I can.

1. - it takes two to tango or foxtrot for that matter. VPFC officals can bang on all they want about merger/takeover crap, but from all the committee and players from BelSWANS that I've spoken to it just ain't going to happen. At no point have BelSWANS officials ever talked to VPFC people in relation to this. Unless there is something "fowl" and dirty going on the "Phoenix" wil not be "roosting at Blacksmiths", especially when its been a "SWAN sanctuary" since 1935!

2. - As far as I'm aware there is no talk of promotion coming out of BelSWANS at this stage (but who knows). All players at BelSWANS are not on vast sums of $$$$, the attraction is bringing local guys back to play local. It could be viewed as "the cart before the horse" but, getting quality locals back to play in the area is doing a few things........ making the club more successful in terms of player numbers and ultimately results. The local boys and the results are bringing more local people back to home games which is also improving $$$ generation on match days.
I believe the club does not think it is near NBN standard in relation to facilites but things are moving eg.... the club has spent over 20K$$$$$ on improvements to amentities/player facilities which when used by VPFC/Olympic/Magic during State Cup were very happy with the home amenities ie size, showers, carpet (Yes) etc. - (but there is still a long way to go). The club was without a bore pump all summer (replaced last month by LMCC - finally) so the playing surface will improve and there maybe grant applications in the pipeline.
I hope this may answer some of those questions Zico.
Cheers Sancho.

Keep the long balls short
25-06-2013, 04:36 PM
Nobody within the commitee at Adamstown has heard of a merger between Valentine and Belswans as I asked my brother this very question last night...

If your boys keep up the incredible run they are on just now then the only merger happening between these clubs will be a passing of the guard as one goes up and one goes down :-)

Can I ask ? would belswans get into the NBN with the current facilities they have ? this is not a wind up question Sancho but an honest question from someone that does not know the criteria 100% for the state league.

I enjoy your passion for your club Sancho - its loyal and vocal which I find pleasant and can sometimes be a refreshing change from some of the other stuff posted from time to time on here.

I am really looking forward to the game on Sunday as this is a HUGE game fir Adamstown and will go a long way I believe to hopefully securing our return to the state league , although it is by no means a gaurantee and I fully expect Belswans to match Adamstown and make the fight for anything they get from teh match if indeed they do get anything.

frankiechav
26-06-2013, 06:23 PM
Belswans supporter are we...Pretty sure you've got your refs mixed up. For starters the 23s ref basically didn't raise her voice at a player all game. One player did whinge at her constantly and she solved that with a booking. For a small female she demonstrated respect with the players and I don't know what game you were watching but when required she let them know what the foul was and to leave it at that. That's smart refereeing. As for the 1st grade ref, if you call basically being in a player's face where they are almost touching each other's nose, polite, you have no idea. Overruling on a big call is a very dangerous move and with her being right there and him too far from the play at the time, he should have shown more smarts.

If the ref in the 1st grade game thought that it was not a penalty he has every right to over rule it, especially as you say it was a big call, some refs may have not trusted their judgement in this case. I also said that the 23's ref was rude to players, I dont remember her shouting and that she talked to them as if they were children (and yes most of this rudeness was directed to the Belswans players) just my opinion. I think thats the refs should learn to talk to player and explain their decisions as shutting down players utlimately gets them even more frustrated...

The axe
26-06-2013, 09:03 PM
If the ref in the 1st grade game thought that it was not a penalty he has every right to over rule it, especially as you say it was a big call, some refs may have not trusted their judgement in this case. I also said that the 23's ref was rude to players, I dont remember her shouting and that she talked to them as if they were children (and yes most of this rudeness was directed to the Belswans players) just my opinion. I think thats the refs should learn to talk to player and explain their decisions as shutting down players utlimately gets them even more frustrated...

Even some of the linesmen think they need to talk down to you, is this how they train them now days

JCBT
27-06-2013, 10:19 AM
A few getting around have the little man syndrome at the moment and take it personally even when they are politely questioned.
Andrew Digby would have to be one of the best refs I've seen getting around at the moment, the young lady that has been spoke about (and got me banned) is also quiet a good ref. Hope this isn't sexist Gary Fish :sigh:

Youaskedforit
27-06-2013, 10:41 AM
A few getting around have the little man syndrome at the moment and take it personally even when they are politely questioned.
Andrew Digby would have to be one of the best refs I've seen getting around at the moment, the young lady that has been spoke about (and got me banned) is also quiet a good ref. Hope this isn't sexist Gary Fish :sigh:

Digger has long been one of the best refs in newy .......... as im sure the young female is too ;)

GazFish35
27-06-2013, 11:12 AM

not at all.
and she didnt get you banned.
you got yourself banned.

welcome back. behave and you can stay.

outsider
27-06-2013, 03:55 PM

Looks like you have hacked this thread Diggers.FYI Mr Digby rarely gets down to NEW FM level any more.Usually just does one NBN first grade game each weekend and has to be shown which end of a flag to hold.

sancho_theswan
27-06-2013, 08:23 PM
Looks like as long balls said...... Sunday should be a cracker at Blacksmiths. Game will definitely be on. ...... see ya's all there!

sancho_theswan
27-06-2013, 08:26 PM
The young lady ref fom 23's a little not quite ready for 1st grade. She definitely fell for the dive in 23'S more than I fell for Zico's bait.

JCBT
28-06-2013, 07:08 AM
Looks like you have hacked this thread Diggers.FYI Mr Digby rarely gets down to NEW FM level any more.Usually just does one NBN first grade game each weekend and has to be shown which end of a flag to hold.
The thing with Digby is that he doesn't see himself as a higher authority than the players and has the ability to talk to the players respectfully. Some refs at the moment have a hot head and lack the ability to take the second or 2 to think about the situation before making a decision.
Another thing with Digby is how he has the old fashioned attitude of it's only a game and after the match he is happy to go into the after match club or pub and have a drink with both players and officials of both sides.
Good to see a ref with personality.

Youaskedforit
28-06-2013, 09:39 AM
The thing with Digby is that he doesn't see himself as a higher authority than the players and has the ability to talk to the players respectfully. Some refs at the moment have a hot head and lack the ability to take the second or 2 to think about the situation before making a decision.
Another thing with Digby is how he has the old fashioned attitude of it's only a game and after the match he is happy to go into the after match club or pub and have a drink with both players and officials of both sides.
Good to see a ref with personality.

Exactly, why he has respect of 90% of the players

ForeverRed
28-06-2013, 10:02 AM
He loves a penalty our diggers does

dicanio
28-06-2013, 07:23 PM
Here Here. Digby is a good ref, similar to the great Lee Archer who was a great ref and respected players.

Better than that Byron Bloke. He hands cards out like they are lollies at a kids 5 year old Bday party.
And don't look at him sideways or he will see red!

The axe
28-06-2013, 09:18 PM
Here Here. Digby is a good ref, similar to the great Lee Archer who was a great ref and respected players.

Better than that Byron Bloke. He hands cards out like they are lollies at a kids 5 year old Bday party.
And don't look at him sideways or he will see red!

Ha ha Lee Archer head is already big
Enough

Premy
28-06-2013, 10:59 PM
Ha ha Lee Archer head is already big
Enough

And his arse

I played with him a few years back and he made the mistake of asking a few of the lads if his arse looked big in the shorts we got that year was f'ing hilarious don't ever think he will make that mistake twice needless to say he copped a caning from all the lads

sancho_theswan
29-06-2013, 09:57 AM
Holy shit...... my nest is wet!!!!!! Will someone come down and clear the ducks and pesky seagulls off the ground, they're really pissing me off.

JCBT
29-06-2013, 10:46 AM
Holy shit...... my nest is wet!!!!!! Will someone come down and clear the ducks and pesky seagulls off the ground, they're really pissing me off.
Will you still get on?

MFKS
29-06-2013, 05:03 PM
Will you still get on?

Most likely

Forever Red is down at Belswans ground this arvo installing his vaunted drain system:violin:

sancho_theswan
29-06-2013, 08:55 PM
Most likely

Forever Red is down at Belswans ground this arvo installing his vaunted drain system:violin:

No need for assistance down here MKFS (swan dyslexia again). We have something that those great cultures such as the Greeks and Macedonia (former republic there of from what read earlier) didn't come up with......... it's called sand. A porous and brilliant earthy material used by many civilizations over the years for any number of things..... but down here we use it for ground drainage. It works a treat and we have heaps of it!

29-06-2013, 10:01 PM
No need for assistance down here MKFS (swan dyslexia again). We have something that those great cultures such as the Greeks and Macedonia (former republic there of from what read earlier) didn't come up with......... it's called sand. A porous and brilliant earthy material used by many civilizations over the years for any number of things..... but down here we use it for ground drainage. It works a treat and we have heaps of it!

Sancho looking forward to tomorrow

You might want to use that sand to build some sand dunes in your goal as the buds are coming to ruffle your nest :-)

Good luck tomorrow

seldom
30-06-2013, 12:58 AM
This game gunna be on 2moz Sandswancho ? Might have to venture down for a geezer...probs only game goin ahead if so

The Manager
30-06-2013, 09:00 AM
This game gunna be on 2moz Sandswancho ? Might have to venture down for a geezer...probs only game goin ahead if so

Have just been advised that Belswans v Adamstown is OFF

sancho_theswan
30-06-2013, 09:46 AM
Yep... that's right. Games are off. We need more sand!!!!!!!!!

ForeverRed
30-06-2013, 10:01 AM
Yep... that's right. Games are off. We need more sand!!!!!!!!!
Be prepared to get bagged by zico for not having enough sand, unbelievable that bloke

EH9
30-06-2013, 10:14 AM
When its too wet to play on a beach you know we have had alot of rain!

Zico
30-06-2013, 05:49 PM
Be prepared to get bagged by zico for not having enough sand, unbelievable that bloke
Sancho the fact that you have called the game off is a indication of the huge amount of rain the area has had in recent days.

sancho_theswan
03-07-2013, 05:52 AM
It's a very sloooow week when no games are played.

Thomas477
06-07-2013, 12:02 AM
Thornton v A-Town has been called off.

Paging ForeverRed and his drainage mob.

ForeverRed
06-07-2013, 08:23 AM
Why is it off

The Manager
06-07-2013, 08:28 AM
Why is it off

Adamstown were advised last night that Maitland Council had closed the ground.

Off the bench
06-07-2013, 05:41 PM
Adamstown were advised last night that Maitland Council had closed the ground.
What about the maitland game or is just thornton ground closed?

Imyourhero
06-07-2013, 06:23 PM
Maitland game still on.
Ive heard that in regards to "Maitland Council closing the ground" that the council has control weekdays however clubs under maitland council branch have the final decisions on weekends but any damage costs caused will not be covered by council.

sancho_theswan
07-07-2013, 10:19 AM
Why is it off

Probably not enough sand....... IMO.

ForeverRed
07-07-2013, 10:50 AM
Probably not enough sand....... IMO.

Oh no, don't tell zico

De-Champ
07-07-2013, 01:18 PM
Gossip has it that it had something to do with the cricket pitch

The axe
07-07-2013, 07:50 PM
Can someone explain why a magic player can have a pair of white socks pulled halfway up his shin covering his red socks but in Newfm you can't wear tape that doesn't match your socks. Double standards?

sancho_theswan
07-07-2013, 09:18 PM
WTF...... I've been "couped" up in the coach's sons' bedroom since Friday (went a bit over the top at the inaugural BelSWANS Golf Day at Belmont G.C. apparently..... check out the pics on my Facebook if you want, friend me and see if i'll acknowledge - some won't get a look in hahaha!) so I missed the games today and another three grade victory to the mighty BelSWANS..... poo to all!

Yep... all reports are that the first grade was very poor. Should BelSWANS have won... not what I heard. Happy to escape with a victory (winning ugly - just like the old SWAN story).
Excuses like when we BEAT Maitland.... not here, just that Westy lifted and played well for the whole 90 minutes and probably deserved something out of the game. The ref wasn't shit, we didn't miss heaps of chances, the opposition weren't patheti and the wind wasn't blowing NNNE (like some of the dribble excuses I read here a fortnight ago). Credit where credits due, Westy played well and made for an enjoyable and close contest today.

Results:
U/19's 1-0.
U/23's 6-0.
1st's 1-0.

"The BelSWANS boys are happy"... semifinals here we come (and look out).

08-07-2013, 08:42 AM
Was having dinner with someone last night who mentioned that Maitland council called off the grounds in the Maitland sports area on friday.

How come then I find out this morning that Maitland played against cessnock at home yesterday ?

Anyone know the answer to this ?

Surely if a council call ALL sports fields as unplayable that should apply to ALL sports grounds ?

ThIs would not be Thornton trying to do their neighbours a wee turn and have the buds having to go up their midweek for another catch up game would it ?

Not pointing any fingers just seems a bit weird that's all

Leftback at Home
08-07-2013, 09:59 AM
Can someone explain why a magic player can have a pair of white socks pulled halfway up his shin covering his red socks but in Newfm you can't wear tape that doesn't match your socks. Double standards?

Probably because the State League Refs are a little more concerned about getting their calls right in regards to fouls and offsides then trying to impose themselves on a game be dictating how a player wears their socks.

punter
08-07-2013, 11:53 AM
[
ThIs would not be Thornton trying to do their neighbours a wee turn and have the buds having to go up their midweek for another catch up game would it ?

Not pointing any fingers just seems a bit weird that's all[/QUOTE]

would man city do man united a favour, would everton do liverpool a favour, would magic do olympic a favour.
wouldnt of thought any one does there rivals a favour

outsider
08-07-2013, 12:03 PM
Probably because the State League Refs are a little more concerned about getting their calls right in regards to fouls and offsides then trying to impose themselves on a game be dictating how a player wears their socks.

Because the referee didnt do his job properly.

outsider
08-07-2013, 12:06 PM
Was having dinner with someone last night who mentioned that Maitland council called off the grounds in the Maitland sports area on friday.

How come then I find out this morning that Maitland played against cessnock at home yesterday ?

Anyone know the answer to this ?

Surely if a council call ALL sports fields as unplayable that should apply to ALL sports grounds ?

Not pointing any fingers just seems a bit weird that's all

Maitland council only called Thornton out-if you had been there and seen it you would know why.Maitland ground was ok to play on.

pv4
08-07-2013, 12:12 PM

Really aligns with "the world game" where every level is meant to be the same, doesn't it?

Outsider - what is the rules with under/over socks? Ruben Zadkovich in the A-League sometimes wears white socks on the outside of his playing socks that go nearly halfway up his shin. I've seen players do likewise in local football for years (and it sounds like a magic player has done likewise). Have also seen a heap of ankle socks, going a couple of inches above the boot line, being worn. What is the official word on these?

outsider
08-07-2013, 12:36 PM
Really aligns with "the world game" where every level is meant to be the same, doesn't it?

Outsider - what is the rules with under/over socks? Ruben Zadkovich in the A-League sometimes wears white socks on the outside of his playing socks that go nearly halfway up his shin. I've seen players do likewise in local football for years (and it sounds like a magic player has done likewise). Have also seen a heap of ankle socks, going a couple of inches above the boot line, being worn. What is the official word on these?

Ankle socks or anything worn over the club socks which can be seen are required to be the same colour as the socks.In other words white ankle socks are only to be worn with white socks.Changed at the same time as FIFA decided that tape had to be the same colour as the socks.Not referees doing-just makes the job harder as players look for more ways to circumvent the laws.

Leftback at Home
08-07-2013, 12:51 PM
Ankle socks or anything worn over the club socks which can be seen are required to be the same colour as the socks.In other words white ankle socks are only to be worn with white socks.Changed at the same time as FIFA decided that tape had to be the same colour as the socks.Not referees doing-just makes the job harder as players look for more ways to circumvent the laws.

I've got no issue with the rule, just seems a little bit hit and miss with enforcement. State League I think should be enforced, preferbly before the start of the game but I know that's not always possible. The problem I have is when refs start bookings blokes playing A/Age Div H because his black bike shorts don't match his team shorts. A bit of common sense to the level your officiating helps. I played a mid-week catch up on freezing July Wednesday once and had no matching undershirt. I asked the ref for permission to wear one that didn't match and he said it was fine given how cold it was. Common sense applied. We are not professional players, we have to fork out a fortune in rego fees and take out a second morgage to have matching under garments for the full kit home & away.

Imyourhero
10-07-2013, 12:00 PM
I'm interested to hear what zone club/s could compete in Newfm. Any thoughts? Surely there would have to be better options than the likes of singo?

sutho
10-07-2013, 12:42 PM
I'm interested to hear what zone club/s could compete in Newfm. Any thoughts? Surely there would have to be better options than the likes of singo?

When the freeway is finished later this year Singo will be a great option. At the moment the joints full of locals and cessnock rejects

outsider
10-07-2013, 12:54 PM
I've got no issue with the rule, just seems a little bit hit and miss with enforcement. State League I think should be enforced, preferbly before the start of the game but I know that's not always possible. The problem I have is when refs start bookings blokes playing A/Age Div H because his black bike shorts don't match his team shorts. A bit of common sense to the level your officiating helps. I played a mid-week catch up on freezing July Wednesday once and had no matching undershirt. I asked the ref for permission to wear one that didn't match and he said it was fine given how cold it was. Common sense applied. We are not professional players, we have to fork out a fortune in rego fees and take out a second morgage to have matching under garments for the full kit home & away.

I have a better idea.Why dont players who already know that they can only wear matching undergarments actually do that.You can purchase the bike type pants for not a lot of money and they are perfect for the job.That would solve the problem for both players and referees.If you are talking about undershirts because you are cold then you could always try running to keep you warm.

Leftback at Home
11-07-2013, 11:58 PM
Typical response from this forum really. Totally missing the point.

Jose
12-07-2013, 12:11 AM
19s catch up games tonight:
Maitland 1 def Adamstown 0
Cessnock 0 draw Singleton 0

A win on Saturday against West Wallsend will pretty much seal the minor premiership for Maitland 19s with their goal difference.

Elude
13-07-2013, 12:42 PM
Who do you think will complete the top 4?
Obviously Adamstown Maitland and Belmont have secured there places.
Toronto Westy are pretty close in 4th and 5th with Thornton and Cessnock a few places back but have a few catch up games.

4th spot looks like it could be a good battle.

Imyourhero
13-07-2013, 04:33 PM
Maitland 19s with a 3-1 win over Westy this morning.

sancho_theswan
14-07-2013, 01:04 PM
Maitland 19s with a 3-1 win over Westy this morning.

Does anyone know the results from the other grades????

EH9
14-07-2013, 01:15 PM
Maitland won all grades

JCBT
14-07-2013, 09:52 PM
Toronto Westy are pretty close in 4th and 5th with Thornton and Cessnock a few places back but have a few catch up games.

After watching Cessnock play the other week I can't see them getting into the top 4. Maitland had a almost 23's side playing and still walked all over them. Thornton and Westy didn't look that strong either.

Must say that this comp is turning into a joke at the moment when you have 2 decent sides that play football in Maitland and Adamstown with Bel Swans getting stronger, then your left with just complete rubbish sides left over.

Elude
14-07-2013, 11:19 PM
Thornton 1 Toronto 1
I heard Thornton playing with 10 men and unlucky not to get the win.
Match report would be good?

sutho
15-07-2013, 08:49 AM
After watching Cessnock play the other week I can't see them getting into the top 4. Maitland had a almost 23's side playing and still walked all over them. Thornton and Westy didn't look that strong either.

Must say that this comp is turning into a joke at the moment when you have 2 decent sides that play football in Maitland and Adamstown with Bel Swans getting stronger, then your left with just complete rubbish sides left over.
Have to agree
went to trono v thornton to check out the newfm league as nothing else was on.
gotta say it was a weird game.
in about the 4th minute an off side trono striker gets the ball and is one on one with the keeper. touch juge rules him off side, ref blows the whistle. players complain, ref argues with touch judge, then gives a drop ball to thornton. thornto guy, instead of doing the usual sporting thing, goes (screw you) and kicks a long diagonal ball to his right winger who lashes a wild wide ball which deflects of a team mate and goes in thegoal. At this stage it was thornton 1-0 instead of trono 1-0. the rest of the half it was all trono with poor finishing, exept for a late goal to stags.
second half about 15 in thornton redheaded player thinks he's Paul Gallon. The ref must have enjoyed it as he (the player) came back 3-4 times punching. eventually the ref rang the bell to signal the end of the round and sent boxer boy off.
fro the remainder of the match thornton pressed forward and could have piched a win. Tallan Martin and Scott Baillie were the pick of the players. Martin controll the middle of the park. Trono midfield didn't respect him and gave him enough room cause damege while Baills defensively was dominant. Apart form those 2 the rest of both teams were ordinary. end of the day the result was prbably fair although i feel that stags probably have more potential. If either of these 2 teams make the semis, they'll have some serious improvement to do.
ps youaskedforit will probably, once again call the ref a c***head.

Youaskedforit
15-07-2013, 08:59 AM
Have to agree
went to trono v thornton to check out the newfm league as nothing else was on.
gotta say it was a weird game.
in about the 4th minute an off side trono striker gets the ball and is one on one with the keeper. touch juge rules him off side, ref blows the whistle. players complain, ref argues with touch judge, then gives a drop ball to thornton. thornto guy, instead of doing the usual sporting thing, goes (screw you) and kicks a long diagonal ball to his right winger who lashes a wild wide ball which deflects of a team mate and goes in thegoal. At this stage it was thornton 1-0 instead of trono 1-0. the rest of the half it was all trono with poor finishing, exept for a late goal to stags.
second half about 15 in thornton redheaded player thinks he's Paul Gallon. The ref must have enjoyed it as he (the player) came back 3-4 times punching. eventually the ref rang the bell to signal the end of the round and sent boxer boy off.
fro the remainder of the match thornton pressed forward and could have piched a win. Tallan Martin and Scott Baillie were the pick of the players. Martin controll the middle of the park. Trono midfield didn't respect him and gave him enough room cause damege while Baills defensively was dominant. Apart form those 2 the rest of both teams were ordinary. end of the day the result was prbably fair although i feel that stags probably have more potential. If either of these 2 teams make the semis, they'll have some serious improvement to do.
ps youaskedforit will probably, once again call the ref a c***head.

Why would i say that, have no allegiance with the stags, and wasnt at the game................

Thornton has now picked up 7 of 9 points available against toronto, hhhmmmm interesting, think Thornton may scrape in for fourth spot on that stat alone.

sutho
15-07-2013, 02:27 PM
Why would i say that, have no allegiance with the stags, and wasnt at the game................

Thornton has now picked up 7 of 9 points available against toronto, hhhmmmm interesting, think Thornton may scrape in for fourth spot on that stat alone.
Wow!
Interesting logic
The table makes your logic seem questionable!
Think you'll find 4th will be either Groningen or westy!

sutho
15-07-2013, 05:00 PM
Wow!
Interesting logic
The table makes your logic seem questionable!
Think you'll find 4th will be either Groningen or westy!meant trono n westy

sancho_theswan
16-07-2013, 04:41 PM
Any of you A/town supporters planning on heading down to Blacksmiths tonight or Thursday to keep me awake and try and "ruffle my feathers"?

sancho_theswan
16-07-2013, 04:47 PM

Hmmmm... an interesting question. I think it will more than likely be a fight between Toronto and Westie. Thornton have a lot of games to play in a short space of time, perhaps too many, although you know what happens when a team "gets on a roll", you start "flying high".

17-07-2013, 11:01 AM
The Adamstown roadshow will be keeping you wide awake your nest tomorrow night sancho .... Expecting a decent travelling support as a big game for both our 1st grade and 23s.

Are your 1st graders at full strength ? should be a great game and IF Belswans pull it off then it makes a for a superb run in to the season.

It will be interesting to see how the buds come back from not having played for so long as they were just hitting real form before the enforced weather break.

I think if Adamstown play well and get the 3pts it might be hard for Maitland or yourself to keep pace but they will have to earn it as Belswans are without doubt the form team at the moment.

My predictions is Belswans 1 V Adamstown 3

seldom
17-07-2013, 11:43 PM
Went to post in the nbn thread...nek minnit...gooooooooooooone

Zico
18-07-2013, 12:02 AM
back but a new one now.

sancho_theswan
18-07-2013, 01:15 PM
The Adamstown roadshow will be keeping you wide awake your nest tomorrow night sancho .... Expecting a decent travelling support as a big game for both our 1st grade and 23s.

Are your 1st graders at full strength ? should be a great game and IF Belswans pull it off then it makes a for a superb run in to the season.

It will be interesting to see how the buds come back from not having played for so long as they were just hitting real form before the enforced weather break.

I think if Adamstown play well and get the 3pts it might be hard for Maitland or yourself to keep pace but they will have to earn it as Belswans are without doubt the form team at the moment.

My predictions is Belswans 1 V Adamstown 3

Yeh "Long Balls" between these mid week catch up games and the "Le Tour", I'll be burning the "midnight oil" for sure..... makes a really cranky swan. Can't see why the games weren't played last Sunday at a more sensible hour though.
It will be interesting to see how A/town go after such a protracted layoff. But I presume "Chappies Lads" will be more than ready for the contest.
Unfortunately I believe the BelSWANS will have a couple missing due to work commitments but I've been reliably informed that the boys that are available are "champing at the bit" at the prospect of "getting at" the competition "high flyers". At the end of the night we'll see who is "flying high" I guess! An A/town win will surely see them promoted.
A good win for your 19's boys on Tuesday. My predictions (i'm hoping for):
U/23's - draw.
1sts - 1-0 to the BelSWANS!

chocolate soldier
18-07-2013, 01:58 PM
so who won the catch up game between bel-swans and the buds?

Premy
18-07-2013, 03:21 PM
:banghead:

sancho_theswan
18-07-2013, 03:43 PM

Shhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Imyourhero
18-07-2013, 11:09 PM
Results?

DCSPORTS
18-07-2013, 11:10 PM
tbh I reckon kahiba 3rd grade would beat most the teams in this comp

EH9
19-07-2013, 07:31 AM
Buds 2 - 0 Belswans. Congrats to the Buds, would appear they have secured promotion.

punter
19-07-2013, 10:22 AM
Buds 2 - 0 Belswans. Congrats to the Buds, would appear they have secured promotion.

Hearing some of the names at both clubs and watching both play this year i would say that scoreline is a true indication of the sides.
Adamstown imo are a 2 goal better team then Bel swans. If you look at the points table its easy to see by goals for, goals against, points, who are the best 2 sides. Well done to belswans thou for the best season down there in a long time. Its no over yet thou for all u buds, 1 hand on the the throphy maybe but i bet maitland havent given up hope.

Imyourhero
19-07-2013, 12:33 PM
23s score?

De-Champ
19-07-2013, 01:17 PM
1-0 Adamstown

sancho_theswan
20-07-2013, 08:54 AM
Thought that I should congratulate the A/town on their victories the other night. From where I was nestled, . I left with the opinion that A/town deserved the win, though the BelSWANS flock certainly hung in and made it though for them. With both goals coming in the final quarter of the game things were getting a little tight and desperate as the game progressed. It would have been more interesting if the G/K bungle didn't happen for the second goal. In the end I think a little extra class shone out on the night, though BelSWANS did have a few chances and got a bit out of pressuring the defence, it just didn't happen often enough. A/town were slick, didn't show much sign of an extended layoff and I guess I'm going with an early "well done for promotion Chappie and your boys, and good luck State side next year".
May I just say the 23's game was a cracker, 1-0 to A/town with a screamer of a goal early in the game eventually deciding the fixture. "Well in" both teams, you made the extended "stay awake" for this young Swan who needs a bit of beauty sleep really enjoyable. A fast and physical contest at times played by two teams in good form.
Time now for the flock to re-group for Sunday's clash with Tronta.

outsider
21-07-2013, 06:04 PM
A wonderful day at Cook Square Park full of one sided so called football in very windy conditions

U19 Maitland 3 Singo 0
U23 Maitland7 Singo 0
1st Maitland6 Singo 0 5 nil at half time and then a penalty with a few minutes to go.Richo wont be happy with his charges after that game

JCBT
21-07-2013, 06:10 PM
A wonderful day at Cook Square Park full of one sided so called football in very windy conditions

U19 Maitland 3 Singo 0
U23 Maitland7 Singo 0
1st Maitland6 Singo 0 5 nil at half time and then a penalty with a few minutes to go.Richo wont be happy with his charges after that game

Plenty of missed chances in the 2nd half. Maitland relaxed in the 2nd half and looked to be having a training run against a side that would struggle in ID 2's.

My honest opinion is that the fed should restructure the levels and have a 12 or 14 side State League. Get rid of NEWFM or if not this then bring in some clubs with ambition for the promotion because at the moment it's just a farce.

seldom
21-07-2013, 06:42 PM
tronna v belswans ?

supasub
21-07-2013, 07:50 PM
tronna v belswans ?

1 all.

sutho
21-07-2013, 08:33 PM
Match report?
1 all.

Let me feed the ducks
22-07-2013, 01:44 PM
New to this forum guys so go easy on me ...... The first thing i would like to say is that its football ... Not SOCCER !!!!

seldom
22-07-2013, 01:47 PM
Thanx scoop

Youaskedforit
22-07-2013, 03:21 PM
Huge game for Toronto Awaba and West Wallsend coming up in early august ? Think the winner will be playing semi finals this year, the other, it will have to go down as a poor season.

The Manager
22-07-2013, 04:44 PM
Let me feed the ducks - wonder if he is mates with Sancho

sancho_theswan
23-07-2013, 03:02 PM
tronna v belswans ?

Hey Seldom.... a pretty unforgettable day at Blacksmiths on Sunday. A very average game with little goalmouth action, poor quality passing and a very not so titanic struggle. Both defenses seemed organised, which I think is the only real positive. The game changer should have come just before h/t when BelSWANS striker got away only to be pulled back and evenually tripped over from behind by the last defender..... Referee deemed a freekick and yellowie for the incident. He must have been the only person at the ground that didn't see it as a straight red. He did admit after the game to several players that he stuffed up.... well too late!
2nd half no better than the first, BelSWANS scored from a dot shot early, looked like holding on to advantage until a g/k mistake gave the Stags an equaliser. Good on Toronto for showing some fight and getting something out of it. Thank god for full time.... it was getting cold.
BelSWANS looked flat in 1sts and 23's after Thursday night. I wonder if Toronto were missing players, the word is the BelSWANS are resting players to get over niggles in the next few weeks.

sancho_theswan
23-07-2013, 03:04 PM
Let me feed the ducks - wonder if he is mates with Sancho

Are you "quackers"...."Manager" as stated previously..... The SWAN is a regal and noble bird, ducks just show up in wet weather and piss me off! They're are no mates of mine!

sancho_theswan
23-07-2013, 03:08 PM
My honest opinion is that the fed should restructure the levels and have a 12 or 14 side State League. Get rid of NEWFM or if not this then bring in some clubs with ambition for the promotion because at the moment it's just a farce.

Are you being serious JBCT (bird dyslexia)! Do you really want a 12/14 team state league, or is this just something coming from a supporter of a team that has fallen just short of promotion!

JCBT
23-07-2013, 03:36 PM
Are you being serious JBCT (bird dyslexia)! Do you really want a 12/14 team state league, or is this just something coming from a supporter of a team that has fallen just short of promotion!

I think a 12 team State League would be the best size and the other point is why have a comp in NEWFM when you only really have a 3 team comp and the rest are bordering on pathetically poor? I said 12 or 14 to allow your side an opportunity to progress and do the required work to on facilities to step up (not shot at you either) as BelSwans, Maitland and Adamstown are the only sides who are making a fist of it in this comp. I imagine Maitland would also have to do a fair bit of work to their facilities to make the grade also but hopefully you can see my point.

Retired
23-07-2013, 06:28 PM
I think a 12 team State League would be the best size and the other point is why have a comp in NEWFM when you only really have a 3 team comp and the rest are bordering on pathetically poor? I said 12 or 14 to allow your side an opportunity to progress and do the required work to on facilities to step up (not shot at you either) as BelSwans, Maitland and Adamstown are the only sides who are making a fist of it in this comp. I imagine Maitland would also have to do a fair bit of work to their facilities to make the grade also but hopefully you can see my point.

You have a 3 way competition as the federation/FFA have place so many restraints on the age of players.
It has turned into a school yard. Newfm require older players which can teach and nurture young kids and help them through into NBN.

Bremsstrahlung
24-07-2013, 03:25 AM
Newfm require older players which can teach and nurture young kids and help them through into NBN.

Disagree. I dare say not many players play Newfm and then move onto NBN unless their team is promoted. I don't think NEWFM is a stepping stone into NBN. I see it as being the opposite. A stepping stone out of NBN into a semi professional comp where NBN players go when they aren't getting a run/want to play a grade higher or not as seriously.

sancho_theswan
25-07-2013, 04:10 PM
Disagree. I dare say not many players play Newfm and then move onto NBN unless their team is promoted. I don't think NEWFM is a stepping stone into NBN. I see it as being the opposite. A stepping stone out of NBN into a semi professional comp where NBN players go when they aren't getting a run/want to play a grade higher or not as seriously.

+1.

sancho_theswan
25-07-2013, 04:11 PM
Has anyone done a points count on A/town's current squad?????

Zico
25-07-2013, 04:13 PM
Has anyone done a points count on A/town's current squad?????
A few of the player who would be heavy in points won't be there next season in the NBN.

sancho_theswan
25-07-2013, 04:23 PM
Hmmm.... will they trundle off and secure some else promo?

sutho
25-07-2013, 10:24 PM
No but he did start the above mentioned things at awaba, along with Halps and WB, so its just a shame it has all fallen to the ground with absolutely no interst in junior clubs, only personal gains.

Then he overthrew WB n Halps, became President and ignored junior football. Guy was a lunatic

Youaskedforit
26-07-2013, 09:11 AM
Then he overthrew WB n Halps, became President and ignored junior football. Guy was a lunatic

You my friend are the lunatic, the COMMITTEE over threw WB, for reasons you or anyone else needs not know about, thats what committees do when there is an issue, and unlike the current one, stuck by what the committee decided, Stagforlife was president WITH WB as Secretary and Halps left on his own free will when WB was let go, committee was more then happy to keep halps, and as far as ignoring junior football, you have absolutely no idea clown !!!!!!

Zico
26-07-2013, 11:53 AM
You my friend are the lunatic, the COMMITTEE over threw WB, for reasons you or anyone else needs not know about, thats what committees do when there is an issue, and unlike the current one, stuck by what the committee decided, Stagforlife was president WITH WB as Secretary and Halps left on his own free will when WB was let go, committee was more then happy to keep halps, and as far as ignoring junior football, you have absolutely no idea clown !!!!!!
Be careful fella's, the over sensitive forum mods will ban you if you keep it up :soapbox:

Youaskedforit
26-07-2013, 12:02 PM
Be careful fella's, the over sensitive forum mods will ban you if you keep it up :soapbox:

Ha Ha arent you on a yellow :) , not going to put up with blokes making statements, when they hav no idea what went on or what is going on NOW ....... cheers

newi24-2-08
26-07-2013, 02:57 PM
Just talk about the football lads this is the best time of the year.
Political bullshit can wait for the offseason

Let me feed the ducks
26-07-2013, 03:08 PM
So everyone predictions for this weekend

Adamstown Rosebud FC 7
Singleton SC 0

Toronto Awaba FC 1
Maitland FC 3

Thornton Redbacks FC 2
Belmont Swansea Utd SC 2

Cessnock City FC 0
West Wallsend SFC 0

sancho_theswan
26-07-2013, 06:12 PM
So everyone predictions for this weekend

Adamstown Rosebud FC 7
Singleton SC 0

Toronto Awaba FC 1
Maitland FC 3

Thornton Redbacks FC 2
Belmont Swansea Utd SC 2

Cessnock City FC 0
West Wallsend SFC 0

Spot on???????

sancho_theswan
26-07-2013, 06:13 PM
Just talk about the football lads this is the best time of the year.
Political bullshit can wait for the offseason

What!!!! you want to wait till after the election to talk politics???

sutho
26-07-2013, 06:22 PM
Ha Ha arent you on a yellow :) , not going to put up with blokes making statements, when they hav no idea what went on or what is going on NOW ....... cheers
nobody has any idea lol

punter
26-07-2013, 08:52 PM
nobody has any idea lol

Especially the people running Toronto

seldom
26-07-2013, 11:34 PM
Spot on???????

What??...that sea air has got to you Swancho...if your guys don't beat thornton by 2 goals or more your throwing off.Then again they'll be a much easier semi final opponent lol

JCBT
28-07-2013, 07:46 PM
Maitland 2 beat Awaba 1.
Apparently Maitland were looking comfortable at 2-0 till Awaba scored with 10mins to go and made a tight finish.

RedMexican
28-07-2013, 08:31 PM
was at thornton today.
they went down to 10 men in the second half due to an absolute shocking challenge, deserved his second yellow card.
the game was marred by some shocking calls made by the referee.
thornton when they had the ball pressed well, there number 7 in the centre and the left back played out of their skins.
thornton were unlucky not to take a draw away after an absolute cracking strike from the substitute that left the keeper with no chance.
belswans, seem to be a very young outfit (sancho can you confirm ?), belswans played out from the back, read the play well and took their chances well when on offer, their second goal to take the win was an absolute belter of a strike and the keeper had no chance.
thought matty caz the number 9, played decent, i didnt catch his number, but the centre mid played very well aswell.

was a rather scrappy game, but was good to get to the football.
1st 2-1 belswans
23's 2-1 thornton
19's 3-1 belswans

sutho
29-07-2013, 06:50 AM
westy 4- cessnock 3
very tight game that went to the the death. Westy got home via a pen in injury time, and hung on with cessnock attacking through to the final whistle. Exciting stuff! football quality was ordinary from both teams, but plenty of passion.

punter
29-07-2013, 10:24 AM
What??...that sea air has got to you Swancho...if your guys don't beat thornton by 2 goals or more your throwing off.Then again they'll be a much easier semi final opponent lol

Looking at the points table seldom, if Thornton made 4th they can't play bel swans in semies, not sure what you are referring to in your comment.

punter
29-07-2013, 10:44 AM
To the fools that keep making comments above the football was poor quality (Red Mexican and Sutho) what do u expect at this stage in the year in the 2nd division comp on bumpy pitches. I've been to see a few new fm games of late and all were not the football you see in the premier league but all apart from 1, was very entertaining. I watched Thornton play Toronto a few weeks back and both teams at 1all were trying for the win, both were pushing players forward which left them short at times at the back but it added to the entertainment. When Thornton went to 10 men they were still trying to win the game, the last 15 mins was end to end. I go to the games to see goals and or thou I only seen 2 that day it could of been 4 all as both teams went out to win and continued that through out the game. I wish I went to the Welty cessnock game yesterday . To the ppl who go to watch a team string 10 passes together or keep the ball for 5 minutes at a time, a team full of players having the complete game, great touch great pass good vision etc, stop going as no team has the ability to do that.

parksey
29-07-2013, 11:36 AM
westy 4- cessnock 3
very tight game that went to the the death. Westy got home via a pen in injury time, and hung on with cessnock attacking through to the final whistle. Exciting stuff! football quality was ordinary from both teams, but plenty of passion.

it was actually 3-2.

The Manager
29-07-2013, 03:00 PM
I go to the games to see goals. To the ppl who go to watch a team string 10 passes together or keep the ball for 5 minutes at a time, a team full of players having the complete game, great touch great pass good vision etc, stop going as no team has the ability to do that.[/QUOTE]

Why you so bitter grasshopper. I had a front row seat to watch Adamstown string many many passes together and keep the ball for very long periods of time. During all of this the 'Buds had many shots on goal and scored a total of 11 goals. This would have been the perfect game for you to come along and watch, plenty of goals, players with great touches, great passing game and vison to enable them to keep the ball for long periods of time. They kept ball long enough to allow Singleton only ONE shot. Consider this an open ended invitation to come watch anytime....

29-07-2013, 04:01 PM
I go to the games to see goals. To the ppl who go to watch a team string 10 passes together or keep the ball for 5 minutes at a time, a team full of players having the complete game, great touch great pass good vision etc, stop going as no team has the ability to do that.

Why you so bitter grasshopper. I had a front row seat to watch Adamstown string many many passes together and keep the ball for very long periods of time. During all of this the 'Buds had many shots on goal and scored a total of 11 goals. This would have been the perfect game for you to come along and watch, plenty of goals, players with great touches, great passing game and vison to enable them to keep the ball for long periods of time. They kept ball long enough to allow Singleton only ONE shot. Consider this an open ended invitation to come watch anytime....[/QUOTE]

Well said "The Manager" ... as all will know I am a buds man and gutted I missed the game yesterday as I have already been informed by many that the result yesterday and the 11 goal margin was not due to how bad Singleton were but how good Adamstown played ...

Not happy with Mrs keep the long balls short that she arranged something on a match day !!!!! And to make it worse I have just been informed that free beers and food were being handed out as well !!!!!!!!!!!

29-07-2013, 04:02 PM
Well said "The Manager" ... as all will know I am a buds man and gutted I missed the game yesterday as I have already been informed by many that the result yesterday and the 11 goal margin was not due to how bad Singleton were but how good Adamstown played ...

Not happy with Mrs keep the long balls short that she arranged something on a match day !!!!! And to make it worse I have just been informed that free beers and food were being handed out as well !!!!!!!!!!!

Cunning stunts
29-07-2013, 04:51 PM
both "keep the long balls short" and "the manger" all i read is how much use two love to wack each other off. pretty obvious use are very muched invovled at the adamstown club

FaroeMassive
29-07-2013, 05:02 PM
[QUOTE=Keep the long balls short;45535]Well said "The Manager" ... as all will know I am a buds man and gutted I missed the game yesterday as I have already been informed by many that the result yesterday and the 11 goal margin was not due to how bad Singleton were but how good Adamstown played ...QUOTE]

Hahahaha!

No...Singleton weren't bad, the 11 goals they conceded were all completely unavoidabale!

Hahaha...please. Get-off it you two.

NewFM competition is a joke. In recent years only 2-3 teams have enough quality to compete, the others just make up the numbers. Feel sorry for Singletons and co. Basically lambs to the slaughter.

29-07-2013, 05:17 PM
both "keep the long balls short" and "the manger" all i read is how much use two love to wack each other off. pretty obvious use are very muched invovled at the adamstown club

Excuse me, but I have already been open and honest and said one of my family are on the committee at the buds so not sure what you are trying to uncover ... Clearly not the sharpest pencil in the case are you ????

I also think I give a fair and balanced opinion on all things going on in Newcastle local football and would dearly love for you to show me ANY post suggesting otherwise ????

I also dont need to lower myself to the depths of your post by getting personnel towards another poster .... (why would I want to wack another poster off) ... would that not leave you without a job ???

Just for your info, i have no idea who "the manager is" and dont care to find out. I also have ties to another club "azzuri" .... is that ok to compliment them as well ?

School time is finished now so you best get to the school gate as mummy will be getting worried about you Ha Ha ...

29-07-2013, 05:21 PM
[QUOTE=Keep the long balls short;45535]Well said "The Manager" ... as all will know I am a buds man and gutted I missed the game yesterday as I have already been informed by many that the result yesterday and the 11 goal margin was not due to how bad Singleton were but how good Adamstown played ...QUOTE]

Hahahaha!

No...Singleton weren't bad, the 11 goals they conceded were all completely unavoidabale!

Hahaha...please. Get-off it you two.

NewFM competition is a joke. In recent years only 2-3 teams have enough quality to compete, the others just make up the numbers. Feel sorry for Singletons and co. Basically lambs to the slaughter.

Hey I was not at the game yesterday so really cant comment to much ..just saying I heard that Adamstown played really well yesterday ... and for what it is worth I agree that the Newfm is a fairly poor comp.

Hopefully the powers that be will look at that and try to correct this but I would not hold my breath to be honest

newi24-2-08
29-07-2013, 11:43 PM
Went out and watched Toronto play maitland yesterday and was pretty disappointed in the quality.

Earlier grades saw dominant 6-0 and 5-1 wins to maitland and I was expecting a similar result in first grade however this wasn't the case.
To be honest I think Maitland attempted to play the good style of football they have played this year but were undone by both poor referee decisions (how that bloke didn't get sent off for the clear punch on Corey Fletcher I will never know), and a lackluster pitch.
Nevertheless, after watching this match it is clear why MAitland and Adamstown are so tight for first as they play very similar styles of football which would suit nbn league

Imyourhero
29-07-2013, 11:55 PM
IMO opinion, with all the new initiatives being brought in, and in particular the long term focus on the pathway for youth players Adamstown and Maitland would both be deserving candidates to be dual-promoted to NBN, both clubs have a good background with local talent pools. Even though Adamstown is apart of the newcastle area they still have a solid junior club and could easily set up some good pathway initiatives for their players from U6's all the way through to senior football. Maitland is relatively an untouched market with their closest NBN team probably being Weston? and i'm sure many of Weston's young players would live in the Maitland area (also plenty travelling down newcastle way too). Maitland also have huge youth potential with the amount of young players playing not just for Maitland specific teams but also surrounding suburbs e.g. rutherford, tenambit, metford.

Onehunglow
30-07-2013, 12:04 AM
IMO opinion, with all the new initiatives being brought in, and in particular the long term focus on the pathway for youth players Adamstown and Maitland would both be deserving candidates to be dual-promoted to NBN, both clubs have a good background with local talent pools. Even though Adamstown is apart of the newcastle area they still have a solid junior club and could easily set up some good pathway initiatives for their players from U6's all the way through to senior football. Maitland is relatively an untouched market with their closest NBN team probably being Weston? and i'm sure many of Weston's young players would live in the Maitland area (also plenty travelling down newcastle way too). Maitland also have huge youth potential with the amount of young players playing not just for Maitland specific teams but also surrounding suburbs e.g. rutherford, tenambit, metford.

Totally agree with all with all you have said.

punter
30-07-2013, 12:09 AM
If the ppl in charge made it a 8 team comp, 3 rounds, promotion and relegation all the way down to the bottom division. Call it 1st division, 2nd division, 3rd division and so on. A new person coming to newy wouldn't know what comp was the number 1 comp. NBN, new fm, zpl. What's wrong with 1st, 2nd, 3rd division.
Or make it 12 team comps with 2 up, 2 down. Do we really care about criteria, grandstands, fences etc.

Onehunglow
30-07-2013, 12:22 AM
If the ppl in charge made it a 8 team comp, 3 rounds, promotion and relegation all the way down to the bottom division. Call it 1st division, 2nd division, 3rd division and so on. A new person coming to newy wouldn't know what comp was the number 1 comp. NBN, new fm, zpl. What's wrong with 1st, 2nd, 3rd division.
Or make it 12 team comps with 2 up, 2 down. Do we really care about criteria, grandstands, fences etc.

Agree with that too, just make it consistent. maybe the fed can help ambitious up and coming teams in the areas they are lacking

JCBT
30-07-2013, 10:55 AM
12 team State League with what the post above said about 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th divisions just like it used to be.

NEWFM comp is a farce and most of the clubs playing there should be back in 3rd div or the now ZPL. How many of these clubs in NEWFM are showing any ambition of being promoted? 2 maybe 3? if this is all the clubs that want promotion then why do we keep having the old slanging matches of promotion v relegation? I could understand if it was a very competitive league and we have 8 sides in the hunt for promotion but not with the current standings.

Sort out the crud and get sides into the 2 top leagues who are fair dinkum about this or piss off promotion and relegation all together. Do what the local League has done by having reviews and audits every so often to see if clubs are viable to stay in the comp or if new and up coming clubs are worthy of taking the place of one who is.

Youaskedforit
30-07-2013, 11:34 AM
Could be big changes at a Newfm club next year if what i am hearing is true. Not before time.

punter
30-07-2013, 11:41 AM
12 team State League with what the post above said about 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th divisions just like it used to be.

NEWFM comp is a farce and most of the clubs playing there should be back in 3rd div or the now ZPL. How many of these clubs in NEWFM are showing any ambition of being promoted? 2 maybe 3? if this is all the clubs that want promotion then why do we keep having the old slanging matches of promotion v relegation? I could understand if it was a very competitive league and we have 8 sides in the hunt for promotion but not with the current standings.

Sort out the crud and get sides into the 2 top leagues who are fair dinkum about this or piss off promotion and relegation all together. Do what the local League has done by having reviews and audits every so often to see if clubs are viable to stay in the comp or if new and up coming clubs are worthy of taking the place of one who is.

With Promotion and relegation this would happen naturally wouldn't it?
Both magic and Olympic got there by winning the comp, than they fixed there grounds as time went on. South Cardiff come through the divisions, other teams like Weston, lakes, edgy have been there seems like forever as with Charlestown. Westy, Toronto, maitland have been up there before and should just have to go back and win it to go back up. With promotion and relegation a team like cooks hill, mayfield or it might be some one like Stockton or Nelson bay, ya know what you have to do to be in NBN. Keep winning. With the current system it must be frustrating being involved in a club that's in the zones with no easy path to NBN.
No need bagging other clubs in new fm if you don't know what are the inner workings of the clubs. Name a few zpl clubs that would do better than Westy, Toronto, Thornton and cessnock.
I sort of agree with singleton as it's a fair way to go and there last in every grade.
I say these 4 because no one in zone would beat the top 3 in new fm so if you say it's a farce name teams that would compete better against the top 3 than these 4 have done this year so far.
Remember Thornton had a draw against maitland and Toronto has beat Adamstown and a draw against bel swans. Name the teams.

Supersub
30-07-2013, 09:16 PM
Could be big changes at a Newfm club next year if what i am hearing is true. Not before time.

What club we talking bout

JCBT
30-07-2013, 10:17 PM
With Promotion and relegation this would happen naturally wouldn't it?
Both magic and Olympic got there by winning the comp, than they fixed there grounds as time went on. South Cardiff come through the divisions, other teams like Weston, lakes, edgy have been there seems like forever as with Charlestown. Westy, Toronto, maitland have been up there before and should just have to go back and win it to go back up. With promotion and relegation a team like cooks hill, mayfield or it might be some one like Stockton or Nelson bay, ya know what you have to do to be in NBN. Keep winning. With the current system it must be frustrating being involved in a club that's in the zones with no easy path to NBN.
No need bagging other clubs in new fm if you don't know what are the inner workings of the clubs. Name a few zpl clubs that would do better than Westy, Toronto, Thornton and cessnock.
I sort of agree with singleton as it's a fair way to go and there last in every grade.
I say these 4 because no one in zone would beat the top 3 in new fm so if you say it's a farce name teams that would compete better against the top 3 than these 4 have done this year so far.
Remember Thornton had a draw against maitland and Toronto has beat Adamstown and a draw against bel swans. Name the teams.
Top 3 are easily the best 3 in the comp by a country mile and If you read my earlier posts you would see that I have said this. I feel for Westy but their and every other sides (other than the top 3) playing roster in the NEWFM are no better than the good ZPL sides. Thornton are poor, Cessnock is disgraceful and Toronto aren't much better. The reason Toronto won against Adamstown is due to Tanker being sent off very early in the match.
Get clubs with ambition into NEWFM or get rid of promotion all together and do what I've mentioned above.

punter
31-07-2013, 12:06 AM
Top 3 are easily the best 3 in the comp by a country mile and If you read my earlier posts you would see that I have said this. I feel for Westy but their and every other sides (other than the top 3) playing roster in the NEWFM are no better than the good ZPL sides. Thornton are poor, Cessnock is disgraceful and Toronto aren't much better. The reason Toronto won against Adamstown is due to Tanker being sent off very early in the match.
Get clubs with ambition into NEWFM or get rid of promotion all together and do what I've mentioned above.

If the teams you mentioned are no better than the best teams in zpl, why get rid of them. No better, no worse, why make the change that you call for.
I asked you to tell me the teams that would beat Westy Toronto and Thornton and while you are at it also tell me the teams that meet the criteria.
The other thing is not every one has the money to spend that Adamstown have spent, if you spend that sort of money you should win the comp.

leftrightout
31-07-2013, 09:02 AM
If the teams you mentioned are no better than the best teams in zpl, why get rid of them. No better, no worse, why make the change that you call for.
I asked you to tell me the teams that would beat Westy Toronto and Thornton and while you are at it also tell me the teams that meet the criteria.
The other thing is not every one has the money to spend that Adamstown have spent, if you spend that sort of money you should win the comp.

You should get out and watch some ZPL... Cooks Hill would probably beat these teams in all 3 grades, Uni probably would too.
Then teams like Dudley, Barnsley and Mayfield would go close with the squads they have!
Most of dudley played for Charlestown, most of Barnsley played for Westy and apparently most of Mayfield played for Lambton (im not 100% on that one)
Hardest part is that ZPL 3rd grade is u/23's... they would have to get a fair few kids in.
Purely 1st grade, i think some ZPL teams would beat these teams.

De-Champ
31-07-2013, 10:11 AM
You should get out and watch some ZPL... Cooks Hill would probably beat these teams in all 3 grades, Uni probably would too.
Then teams like Dudley, Barnsley and Mayfield would go close with the squads they have!
Most of dudley played for Charlestown, most of Barnsley played for Westy and apparently most of Mayfield played for Lambton (im not 100% on that one)
Hardest part is that ZPL 3rd grade is u/23's... they would have to get a fair few kids in.

How would you know. On your estimation??? or on what you saw. On your logic then some NBN teams could beat A League teams. Some A League teams could beat some National teams etc..
Putting your emotions to one side, it is very difficult for a lower grade team to CONSISTENTLY beat a team in a higher grade. I used to think that way when I played, (playing in a lower grade comp with a winning team) only to find when we came up against a so called weak team in a higher grade, we were beaten quite easily.

leftrightout
31-07-2013, 10:40 AM
How would you know. On your estimation??? or on what you saw. On your logic then some NBN teams could beat A League teams. Some A League teams could beat some National teams etc..
Putting your emotions to one side, it is very difficult for a lower grade team to CONSISTENTLY beat a team in a higher grade. I used to think that way when I played, (playing in a lower grade comp with a winning team) only to find when we came up against a so called weak team in a higher grade, we were beaten quite easily.

No emotions, i am not connected to any club. I watch games each weekend from NBN to Newfm to ZPL.... and in my opinion these
clubs could beat the Newfm teams.
Its much the same as saying Adamstown could beat Lake Macquarie or Pheonix... Which they probably would!

If my opinion upsets you, suck it up!

Premy
31-07-2013, 10:42 AM
Putting your emotions to one side, it is very difficult for a lower grade team to CONSISTENTLY beat a team in a higkher grade. I used to think that way when I played, (playing in a lower grade comp with a winning team) only to find when we came up against a so called weak team in a higher grade, we were beaten quite easily.

You are so delusional look at Barnsley 3 seasons ago they were ZL2 their not struggling with the so called weaker teams are they?
On the other end of the spectrum look what happened to Beresfield a team playing in NewFM and when they were dropped they became a mid table ZL1 side even Dudley stuggled at first with ZPL a few years back. I know of a Bloke that's getting a run in Thornton 1st/res grade and last year was in Barnsleys 3rd grade maybe if you got of your high horse and watched some of the football getting played in the Zone Leagues you might change your mind.
Adamstown, Matiland & BelSwans > ZPL the others don't kid yourself hell Singelton would be a midtable ZL2 club

leftrightout
31-07-2013, 10:45 AM
You are so delusional look at Barnsley 3 seasons ago they were ZL2 their not struggling with the so called weaker teams are they?
On the other end of the spectrum look what happened to Beresfield a team playing in NewFM and when they were dropped they became a mid table ZL1 side even Dudley stuggled at first with ZPL a few years back. I know of a Bloke that's getting a run in Thornton 1st/res grade and last year was in Barnsleys 3rd grade maybe if you got of your high horse and watched some of the football getting played in the Zone Leagues you might change your mind.
Adamstown, Matiland & BelSwans > ZPL the others don't kid yourself hell Singelton would be a midtable ZL2 club

The truth hurts some peoples egos...
Look at your own suburbs team, could punch way above where they are now. Just another example!

punter
31-07-2013, 01:01 PM

Westy picked up a few boys that went back there after being at Barnsley, didn't make em much better.
The boys from Charlestown to dudley were lower grade players as were the boys from Lambton to mayfield. I heard cooks hill were ok but never seen em.
My original point was that Even if these teams were a little better or around the same it wouldn't make the comp better.
By adding 5 teams in there of equal quality as bel swans than that's the only way the comp would be better.
We might have to find 4 teams as good as magic as well to make NBN better, get rid of the jets, valo, lakes and Charlestown.
Promotion and relegation is the only way to reward a team that won the comp and if ya last down you go, this way cooks hill, Barnsley, uni etc know what they need to do to go up.
What ever you do you will never have a comp that is fully Even, NEVER.
Is the premier league Even?
Is the A league Even?
As I'm not on any competitions side I do feel for sides like cooks hill that want to go up, but take ya fight up with northern, stop bagging the clubs who are there.

leftrightout
31-07-2013, 01:19 PM
Westy picked up a few boys that went back there after being at Barnsley, didn't make em much better.
The boys from Charlestown to dudley were lower grade players as were the boys from Lambton to mayfield. I heard cooks hill were ok but never seen em.
My original point was that Even if these teams were a little better or around the same it wouldn't make the comp better.
By adding 5 teams in there of equal quality as bel swans than that's the only way the comp would be better.
We might have to find 4 teams as good as magic as well to make NBN better, get rid of the jets, valo, lakes and Charlestown.
Promotion and relegation is the only way to reward a team that won the comp and if ya last down you go, this way cooks hill, Barnsley, uni etc know what they need to do to go up.
What ever you do you will never have a comp that is fully Even, NEVER.
Is the premier league Even?
Is the A league Even?
As I'm not on any competitions side I do feel for sides like cooks hill that want to go up, but take ya fight up with northern, stop bagging the clubs who are there.

Some very fair points there! No league is even.
It is about trying to make football better quality in each division...
I agree just straight up promotion and relegation is the way to go to make any competition stronger. Surely it would pretty much even out, the teams with the best facilities and such would work there way to the top, as the would have the money to do so.

31-07-2013, 02:09 PM
Thornton V Adamstown tonight , but does not kick off till 8pm !!! I always think its better for the crowd if 1st grade play before 23s or 19s on catch up games as it can often lead to more people going along to the match.

Still big night for the buds so the scarf and coat at the ready and off to Thornton we go.... i might even treat the wife to a night out.. Anyone recommend any nice pubs or restaurants to eat Thornton way ?

backstick
31-07-2013, 02:26 PM
No emotions, i am not connected to any club. I watch games each weekend from NBN to Newfm to ZPL.... and in my opinion these
Its much the same as saying Adamstown could beat Lake Macquarie or Pheonix... Which they probably would!

Except of course Lakes have already beaten Adamstown this year...

leftrightout
31-07-2013, 03:41 PM
Except of course Lakes have already beaten Adamstown this year...

Hahaha ahhh... :banghead:

Youaskedforit
31-07-2013, 03:57 PM
Thornton V Adamstown tonight , but does not kick off till 8pm !!! I always think its better for the crowd if 1st grade play before 23s or 19s on catch up games as it can often lead to more people going along to the match.

Still big night for the buds so the scarf and coat at the ready and off to Thornton we go.... i might even treat the wife to a night out.. Anyone recommend any nice pubs or restaurants to eat Thornton way ?

Hexham Mcdonalds

De-Champ
31-07-2013, 04:00 PM

I said consistently beat.... any team can win a one off game. By the way there is a big difference in watching teams and thinking they can beat teams and playing and beating.
You speak about Dudley....they were in New FM a few years ago ....where did they come again.
I don't doubt that the teams you mentioned could beat Singleton etc.., but would they finish the comp in any better position than Singleton

leftrightout
31-07-2013, 04:22 PM
I said consistently beat.... any team can win a one off game. By the way there is a big difference in watching teams and thinking they can beat teams and playing and beating.
You speak about Dudley....they were in New FM a few years ago ....where did they come again.
I don't doubt that the teams you mentioned could beat Singleton etc.., but would they finish the comp in any better position than Singleton

So if a team was to go through a season and lose most games say 1-0, 2-1, 3-1 or something... you would say the league is the same quality as if it had a team getting beaten 11-0?

I honestly do no believe that Adamstown would beat pretty much any ZPL team by that margin. Yes they would probably still win and the table may be similar to now, but would the standard be better?

Dudley was a few years ago, i am unsure of how they went... it has nothing to do with my point that i think they or others (more so cooks hill and uni) would be a bigger challenge than a team like singo this year.

Sideline
31-07-2013, 05:45 PM
Don't forget there are some quality players running around in these teams out of the top 4 its just unfortunate 2 or 3 players don't make up for the rest of the team.
ive seen maitland play singleton a few times and by no means do some of the results they are on the receiving end of reflect on how capable they are. id imagine as the season kicks on for them the motivation drops and the scorelines rise as they find themselves stuck at the bottom of the table.
this would be the same across most divisions id imagine.

but hey we still see 4 or 5 goal results still in NBN so what do you say there.

regardless of teams coming in or out ur still gonna see the big split between top 3 or 4 teams its just the way it is and has been now for a number of years

money talks to much to most players these days so the clubs with the money to spend usually get the players and results

if you were Adamstown with the players you have you would be dissapointed not to be scoring 5+ against most teams

iirc there was a 16-1 scoreline in the newfm last year

i believe that team is now up in the top 2 of NBN

Money to spend = Players = Results (most of the time)
Little money = average squads = average results

i don't see this changing in the near future

cheers

De-Champ
31-07-2013, 05:52 PM
So if a team was to go through a season and lose most games say 1-0, 2-1, 3-1 or something... you would say the league is the same quality as if it had a team getting beaten 11-0?

I honestly do no believe that Adamstown would beat pretty much any ZPL team by that margin. Yes they would probably still win and the table may be similar to now, but would the standard be better?

Dudley was a few years ago, i am unsure of how they went... it has nothing to do with my point that i think they or others (more so cooks hill and uni) would be a bigger challenge than a team like singo this year.

Is not that all subjective though.
Team A gets beat 1-0 but was never in the game
Team B gets beat 6-2 but was a close game
which was the better game? better standard?
You seem to be judging teams by scores

Mitchy
31-07-2013, 06:05 PM

No pubs in Thornton

Head to Beresfield bottle barn (tavern).

Quality food there

RANGER09
31-07-2013, 06:32 PM

If you like Chinese food there is good shop right next to the ground in the shopping centre there

leftrightout
31-07-2013, 06:33 PM

So you saying 11-0 but singo were in the game?

sutho
01-08-2013, 08:29 AM
Adamstown 6 -0 Thornton

leftrightout
01-08-2013, 08:47 AM
Adamstown 6 -0 Thornton

Ohhh a close one....
:deadhorse:

sutho
01-08-2013, 08:50 AM
17 goals to nil for Atown in 4 days, I think they might win the comp:)

01-08-2013, 10:14 AM
My first comments on the game are ...what on earth has happened to the pitch ? it was terrible and when I say terrible I dont mean as in just poor for this time of year. It truly was shocking and verging on dangerous for both sets of players.

Another good night for the buds and takes us one step closer to NBN football and I really cant see how we can throw it away from this position although never say never in football !! I thought all things considered it was a very easy night for Adamstown although fair credit to thornton who never gave up and work right to the final whistle.

Sunday against maitland will be interesting and in all honesty I cannot see maitland being able to handle Chappys team in their current form as they look likely to score with every attack at the moment and judging by last nights selection they have 2 or 3 players who will start and who did not last night and add more depth to that team that team.

Finally a big well done to the young 23s Adamstown team who collect the 3pts with a very hard game and the 0-2 scoreline was a tad harsh on thornton 23s who i thought played very well and merited something out the game.

This now sets up a cracker in the 23s comp as well up at Maitland on Sunday as I think the win takes Adamstown back to the top of the table with 2 games to go.

JCBT
01-08-2013, 10:32 AM
My first comments on the game are ...what on earth has happened to the pitch ? it was terrible and when I say terrible I dont mean as in just poor for this time of year. It truly was shocking and verging on dangerous for both sets of players.

Another good night for the buds and takes us one step closer to NBN football and I really cant see how we can throw it away from this position although never say never in football !! I thought all things considered it was a very easy night for Adamstown although fair credit to thornton who never gave up and work right to the final whistle.

Sunday against maitland will be interesting and in all honesty I cannot see maitland being able to handle Chappys team in their current form as they look likely to score with every attack at the moment and judging by last nights selection they have 2 or 3 players who will start and who did not last night and add more depth to that team that team.

Finally a big well done to the young 23s Adamstown team who collect the 3pts with a very hard game and the 0-2 scoreline was a tad harsh on thornton 23s who i thought played very well and merited something out the game.

This now sets up a cracker in the 23s comp as well up at Maitland on Sunday as I think the win takes Adamstown back to the top of the table with 2 games to go.
Maitland can not win it from here. Lets just hope they go to a 12 team comp and Maitland will be included.

01-08-2013, 10:47 AM
Maitland can not win it from here. Lets just hope they go to a 12 team comp and Maitland will be included.

I believe they can my friend .. Adamstown are only 5pts clear and there are still 2 rounds of Football to play !!

Do I think they can ..NO , but they still themselves have to believe they can otherwise no point them even turning up at the weekend.

De-Champ
01-08-2013, 11:22 AM
So you saying 11-0 but singo were in the game?

No I did not watch the game so I cannot comment. The point is which you keep missing, is you are judging teams on scores. Is there not any games in the lower divisions that are not big scores. Man city beat Man Utd 6-0 a season or two ago, what do you make of that.

punter
01-08-2013, 12:07 PM

Good point

Imyourhero
01-08-2013, 12:20 PM
Big weekend this weekend. Adamstown v Maitland in 1sts and even bigger the 23s game.
Even though Adamstown really have promotion wrapped up still an awesome match to watch in 1sts.
23s is pretty much for the premiership so will be a hugely entertaining match.

leftrightout
01-08-2013, 12:46 PM
No I did not watch the game so I cannot comment. The point is which you keep missing, is you are judging teams on scores. Is there not any games in the lower divisions that are not big scores. Man city beat Man Utd 6-0 a season or two ago, what do you make of that.

A one of result fair enough, that can happen.
But when a team scores 17 goals in 4 days and has also had many more results like them, its a fair indication that the lower teams are not at standard worth being in this league.
The same argument is for any division that a team gets beaten by those kinds of margins, it just seems to be happening more in newfm.
Having teams win 11-0, 8-0 and 6-0 week in week out its not good for anyone.

And yes it is subjective... its purely opinion so you cannot say i am wrong, as i cannot say you are.
We will never know!
I just see it as, the teams lower on the table should obviously not be in this division as they are constantly being whipped!

leftrightout
01-08-2013, 12:49 PM

Also, no i am not judging purely on scores.
I watch a lot of football through newcastle divisions, and it is my opinion that the lower teams in this competition are not as good a quality as they could/should be and i think other teams in lower division could do better....
Its an opinion that is all, just the same as i think Barcelona are better than Real Madrid or Adamstown are better than Phoenix but others would disagree!

punter
01-08-2013, 01:09 PM
I believe they can my friend .. Adamstown are only 5pts clear and there are still 2 rounds of Football to play !!

Do I think they can ..NO , but they still themselves have to believe they can otherwise no point them even turning up at the weekend.

The game this weekend for both Adamstown and maitland as important as its might be can any one really believe Westy will beat Adamstown on the last day, NO.
If maitland were to beat Adamstown a draw vs Westy will see them promoted.

punter
01-08-2013, 01:17 PM
But when a team scores 17 goals in 4 days and has also had many more results like them, its a fair indication that the lower teams are not at standard worth being in this league.
The same argument is for any division that a team gets beaten by those kinds of margins, it just seems to be happening more in newfm.

And yes it is subjective... its purely opinion so you cannot say i am wrong, as i cannot say you are.
We will never know!
I just see it as, the teams lower on the table should obviously not be in this division as they are constantly being whipped!

Or it could be the top 2 maybe 3 are just to good for the comp not the bottom teams are not good enough for the comp.
I still don't believe any teams in lower divisions would do any good against the likes of Adamstown than what the mid table teams have done.
The problem with the comp is that all teams need to get 50 + thousand together like Adamstown this year, jaf jaf last year, Charlestown the year before and lakes before that have done. There was Phoenix before that and you could keep going back I guess.
Who will be the big spenders next year?

De-Champ
01-08-2013, 01:32 PM

We will never know!

I am not saying your wrong and I am wright. I am disagreeing with you.
I do not disagree with your point that the comp may be lopsided, my point is that the lower division teams you spoke about the Cooks Hills, Dudleys etc would not do any better than Singleton in the NEW FM if they were to swap places.
For those lower division teams to do better if they were to swap places, would have to strengthen the side.
All around the world including Australia when a team gets promoted, they get in a few new players. Jaffas did it this year, Phoneix did it the year they were promoted etc.

Sideline
01-08-2013, 01:36 PM
^^^^ EXACTLY with the right money its easy to buy the comp....... as i said before with the players in the adamstown squad and also maitland you would be very dissapointed if u werent beating teams week in and out by 3+
as everyone is saying newfm is a nothing league but currently its the only pathway to get into the Nbn u will never have a lower tier comp that will have 10 teams all within a few points of each other there will be 2 or 3 fiting out top spot the rest just make up the numbers and are generally better than teams in competitions below. too much criteria not enough money to keep juggling teams up and down each year

leftrightout
01-08-2013, 02:14 PM
I am not saying your wrong and I am wright. I am disagreeing with you.
I do not disagree with your point that the comp may be lopsided, my point is that the lower division teams you spoke about the Cooks Hills, Dudleys etc would not do any better than Singleton in the NEW FM if they were to swap places.
For those lower division teams to do better if they were to swap places, would have to strengthen the side.
All around the world including Australia when a team gets promoted, they get in a few new players. Jaffas did it this year, Phoneix did it the year they were promoted etc.

I will agree teams like Dudley, Barnsley, Mayfield would have to bring in one or two maybe.
I honestly believe Cooks Hill and Uni would do better in newfm with the squads they have then some that are there already.
Obviously the we will never know if its true or not. I do believe Cooks Hill are pretty eager to gain promotion though.

I also agree that Maitland and Adamstown should be beating these teams easily, in my opinion both clubs could compete in NBN.

punter
02-08-2013, 11:28 AM
I will agree teams like Dudley, Barnsley, Mayfield would have to bring in one or two maybe.
I honestly believe Cooks Hill and Uni would do better in newfm with the squads they have then some that are there already.
Obviously the we will never know if its true or not. I do believe Cooks Hill are pretty eager to gain promotion though.

I also agree that Maitland and Adamstown should be beating these teams easily, in my opinion both clubs could compete in NBN.

I thought cooks hill and uni have both lost a fews games each, is this true?
Who have they lost to if so?
As if these 2 teams are not dominating there comp it don't make since that they would be ok in new fm with out adding players

boz-monaut
02-08-2013, 12:00 PM
yes, it is Cooks Hill United's stated aim to move up to New FM

yes, we appreciate that we would be looking to add players should we move

pretty obvious really, though in saying that it probably wouldn't be a complete overhaul, more just in terms of the natural changes that occur year in year out

02-08-2013, 06:06 PM
Good luck to everyone this weekend whoever your team is..

Winning the league , staying in the hunt for finals places or trying to avoid the dreaded relegation. I love this time of year and it often throws up a surprise result or two along the way.

I hope Adamstown secure victory and promotion to the NBN as I think they are ready for the return. I remember some great crowds and great days with the buds and it is I think for the greater good of local football that a club like that are likely to be back in the state lague next season.

That said I fully expect Maitland to push them all the way this weekend and it is sure to be a great game and a great advert for Newfm.

Good luck also to Adamstown and Maitland 23s as they battle it out for a winner takes all game.

punter
02-08-2013, 07:50 PM
yes, it is Cooks Hill United's stated aim to move up to New FM

yes, we appreciate that we would be looking to add players should we move

pretty obvious really, though in saying that it probably wouldn't be a complete overhaul, more just in terms of the natural changes that occur year in year out

If nnsw do take the top 2 up and make it a 12 team comp.
Who else would most likely go up with cooks hill?

spamg172
02-08-2013, 11:00 PM
It'd have to be Uni. Even their place at top end of the table not withstanding, they would be most sustainable with the amount of players they have to choose from. Especially with the transition from u23s/Res/1sts to 19/23/1sts.

De-Champ
03-08-2013, 10:13 AM
It'd have to be Uni. Even their place at top end of the table not withstanding, they would be most sustainable with the amount of players they have to choose from. Especially with the transition from u23s/Res/1sts to 19/23/1sts.

Can't be uni, as under the new criteria (NPL 2015) or whatever it is called the two divisons have to have juniors. ie 13, 14, 15 and 16 as well as the 19s, 22 and 1st

newi24-2-08
03-08-2013, 10:55 AM
Anyone else going up to maitland tomorrow? Should be a cracking day

Premy
03-08-2013, 11:15 AM
Can't be uni, as under the new criteria (NPL 2015) or whatever it is called the two divisons have to have juniors. ie 13, 14, 15 and 16 as well as the 19s, 22 and 1st

My assumption was not all teams in NewFM had to have a NPL licensees, but if you wanted to be promoted into the NPL you have to hold one prior to winning NewFm

Zico
03-08-2013, 11:43 AM
My assumption was not all teams in NewFM had to have a NPL licensees, but if you wanted to be promoted into the NPL you have to hold one prior to winning NewFm
Doesn't that in it's self make a joke of the NEWFM comp? Why have promotion and relegation if not all the clubs in the NEWFM have the ambition to play NBN? Remember the bullshit that went on a few years back with Uni and I think it Dudley winning the then 2HD but lakes and Awaba were saved due to them not wanting or qualifiing for promotion?
If promotion and relegation is to work then every side in the lower division needs to be ready and able to make the step up and promote.

EH9
03-08-2013, 10:51 PM
Doesn't that in it's self make a joke of the NEWFM comp? Why have promotion and relegation if not all the clubs in the NEWFM have the ambition to play NBN? Remember the bullshit that went on a few years back with Uni and I think it Dudley winning the then 2HD but lakes and Awaba were saved due to them not wanting or qualifiing for promotion?
If promotion and relegation is to work then every side in the lower division needs to be ready and able to make the step up and promote.

Amen

parksey
04-08-2013, 12:40 PM
Doesn't that in it's self make a joke of the NEWFM comp? Why have promotion and relegation if not all the clubs in the NEWFM have the ambition to play

this is a pretty stupid point. not every team is good enough to play in the nbn, it doesn't mean they wouldn't love the opportunity. just like the lower teams in zpl would love to have a crack at newfm but just aren't good enough, hull city would love to play in the champions league etc. etc.

NBN? Remember the bullshit that went on a few years back with Uni and I think it Dudley winning the then 2HD but lakes and Awaba were saved due to them not wanting or qualifiing for promotion?

this is a good point.

newi24-2-08
04-08-2013, 05:51 PM
Maitland won 1-0 over Adamstown. Race for promotion is back on

ForeverRed
04-08-2013, 06:32 PM
Will the buds choke

Playitonthedeck
04-08-2013, 08:04 PM
Westy 1-0 over Toronto 1st grade
0-0 23s
3-1 westy 19s
Good day out for the bluebells semi final football for first grade

newi24-2-08
04-08-2013, 09:07 PM
After watching maitland today I think it would be a shame to not see them on nbn next year. They play an attractive style of football, have a large supporter base, and obviously have a clear pathway from juniors to seniors (as seen in the hundreds of kids running around the field and half time).
With one of the biggest geographical bases in the federation I think maitland need to be in nbn next yr

JCBT
04-08-2013, 09:20 PM
After watching maitland today I think it would be a shame to not see them on nbn next year. They play an attractive style of football, have a large supporter base, and obviously have a clear pathway from juniors to seniors (as seen in the hundreds of kids running around the field and half time).
With one of the biggest geographical bases in the federation I think maitland need to be in nbn next yr
Was a great day at Windy Hill.

Maitland are working hard to develop the future and with a bit of luck everything will gel sooner than later. The senior coaching staff have all done a great job in a poor comp and encouraged a possession style of football to be played from U/12's through to 1st grade.

I have 2 clubs I follow, Maitland and Weston and I'd love to see a true local derby next season as the crowd would be massive and give the game a massive lift in profile that a all Newcastle club comp couldn't give.

On a different note, why did Adamstown take Tanker off at half time and why the **** was Mason Palmerie (or how ever the **** you spell his name) wearing gloves?

JCBT
04-08-2013, 09:29 PM
Will the buds choke
3 Cheers for Westy, they are white and the blue, 3 cheers for Westy, don't let the forwards get through!!!!! I'll help George, Smithy and the boys sing the song if they do Maitland a favour and beat Adamstown.
I may even get an old Weston Bears supporter and Adamstown hater in Kim King to go to the game and heckle Tanker and the Schnitzel bitch. Anything to help the Pies!!!!

Imyourhero
04-08-2013, 10:00 PM
What a day of games at Maitland today.
Loved the crowd, Maitland put on a great day for everyone.

19s-1-0 maito. Very good game, Adamstown have improved every week but Maitland a class above. Atown will really need to recruit to compete in nbn. God how id love to see how the Maito team would go in nbn they have some very good young players.

23s- 0-0. Probably the game of the day and best spectator game ive seen in a long long time. Maitland needed a win over Atown to knock them off the top of the table. Both teams a class above everyone else in the competition and the game brought the best out of both teams. I would say that Maito probably had the better of the chances and possession, the Atown keeper made some fine saves to keep the scores locked and Atown dug in deep defensively to hold on for a vital point.

1sts- 1-0 Maito. Another great spectacle and a battle of wills between 2 very even teams with different football styles, i think the biggest impact on Atowns game today was the high wind speed which greatly numbed Atowns set pieces of which they rely on heavily in their game imo. Game easily could have gone each way however Benny Martin with a fine early goal to give maito the lead and a tough battle until the final whistle.

Honestly both teams need to be promoted, for the good of the future of NBN Maitland need to be promoted, as JCBT said Maito now have huge connections with the juniors and this is a hugely untapped resource. From what i am led to believe most of the boys from 19s all the way through to 1sts are Maitland locals and many of them having played for maitland juniors.

Youaskedforit
05-08-2013, 12:16 PM
Who was at the westy game and can give a match report, big win by westy to sneak in to the semis.

Heard one of the very experience Toronto players took his shirt off wanting to take on some westy young ones ?

Now semis are in concrete, would have to be broken down

Maitland / Adamstown finished where most people expected them to be..
Belswans / Thornton biggest improvers, and with DMac there for three more years future looks bright
Westy slightly dissapointing, prob expected to push for top two but plenty to build on
Cessnock / Singleton Just the usual
Tronno very dissaponting, should be a top four side.

Just my opinion

Playitonthedeck
05-08-2013, 02:09 PM
Who was at the westy game and can give a match report, big win by westy to sneak in to the semis.

Heard one of the very experience Toronto players took his shirt off wanting to take on some westy young ones ?

Belswans / Thornton biggest improvers, and with DMac there for three more years future looks bright
Westy slightly dissapointing, prob expected to push for top two but plenty to build on

Just my opinion
Westy v Toronto very tight affair but teams game it there all physical battle westy opened scoring very early on through Caine Riley quality goal Toronto had numerous chances as well as a disallowed goal both sides gave it there all not the greatest quality at times but exciting to watch and could tell what was at stake for both sides and yes a certain Toronto player did wanna play boxing with his shirt off with a westy player overall well done to smithy get his young bluebells side into semis the future could be good out westy

sutho
05-08-2013, 03:34 PM

Just my opinion
the young westy guy was pulling the shirt in a tackle- ref gave free kick to trono and the very experienced guy offered the westy guy his shirt. Ref had a good laugh as did everyone else.though the stags might consider themselves unlucky in this game with a touch judge overuling the goal after the ref gave the goal to the stags. That was weird- the ref was close and in full view of the goal while the young touch judge was 40 yards away impeded by several players! that's football, and refs make stuff-ups and sometimes it can change the outcome of the game. Maybe should have been 3-3.
all teams not making the semis would be very dissapointed. A-town to win ther next 4 games and lift the cup.

punter
05-08-2013, 05:16 PM
the young westy guy was pulling the shirt in a tackle- ref gave free kick to trono and the very experienced guy offered the westy guy his shirt. Ref had a good laugh as did everyone else.though the stags might consider themselves unlucky in this game with a touch judge overuling the goal after the ref gave the goal to the stags. That was weird- the ref was close and in full view of the goal while the young touch judge was 40 yards away impeded by several players! that's football, and refs make stuff-ups and sometimes it can change the outcome of the game. Maybe should have been 3-3.
all teams not making the semis would be very dissapointed. A-town to win ther next 4 games and lift the cup.

Sutho are u a Toronto supporter or the scorpions which one?
The people on the side line that you refer to were linesman, now referees assistants, never were they touch judges. ****en rugby ppl on football forums.
If you do follow Toronto can you tell us why they have no teams in the finals this year where last year I thought they had a couple make it.

sutho
05-08-2013, 07:02 PM
Sutho are u a Toronto supporter or the scorpions which one?
The people on the side line that you refer to were linesman, now referees assistants, never were they touch judges. ****en rugby ppl on football forums.
If you do follow Toronto can you tell us why they have no teams in the finals this year where last year I thought they had a couple make it.
Isn't everyone a scorpion supporter?

namwob99
05-08-2013, 08:14 PM
isn't everyone a scorpion supporter?
"get over here!!"

cobra23
06-08-2013, 09:44 AM
"get over here!!"

ha ha.
FINISH HIM !! -- NAMWOB WINS

Heskey
06-08-2013, 11:57 PM
In regards to the Toronto Awaba vs West Wallsend game, it has come to my attention that certain members of the West Wallsend crowd were engaging in racist slurs with a member of the Toronto under 23's team, whilst warming up.

I do understand it was an old boys day and there would have been a few boys on the piss, but stuff like this in a state league match is disgusting and shows poor tastes of sportsmanship

07-08-2013, 05:38 PM
Result aside I had a great day at Maitland on Sunday and having watched all 3 grades I must say that was the best $5 entry I have paid for a days football in a while.

Maitland put on a show and the Maitland fans turned out in full force and in my opinion made a real difference in the support of their team. Pity the same cannot be said tof the buds supporters as it really was a poor showing giving NBN football was on the line. The Adamstown supporters will hopefully be out in force for what we hope is the clincher on Sunday.

19s ..smashing game and the second time the buds 19s have lost only 1-0 to the run away leaders in a matter of weeks - not sure of the league position for the 19s buds but it will be a shame if they miss out on finals football

23s ... What a game indeed and the talent on show from both teams would not have looked out of place at 1st grade level..

The 23s coach at Adamstown has really made this team good to watch but on sunday they showed another side to them with a real gritty display and it certainly looked like they outwitted Maitland on sunday and got the vital point that should win them the league.... I would say maitland had the clearest chances and will feel they should have scored but possesion wise and tactically I thought the buds 23s got it spot on.

1st grade ... The game was called off ..... :-) I wish that was the case.

I thought on the balance of it that Maitland deserved the win ... Ouch that is hard to say !!!! They just seemed to want it more than Adamstown and judging by Glen Chapmans reaction in the technical area he was not happy and will feel a few players let him down at the weekend.

The wind was not great and I did think the ref went with Maitland on a few massive calls but not making excuses .. Maitland were the better team on the day.

So onto Sunday and its all to play for still in 23s and 1st grade but i predict a double for the buds and back to the NBN we go !!!

punter
09-08-2013, 09:24 PM
In regards to the Toronto Awaba vs West Wallsend game, it has come to my attention that certain members of the West Wallsend crowd were engaging in racist slurs with a member of the Toronto under 23's team, whilst warming up.

I do understand it was an old boys day and there would have been a few boys on the piss, but stuff like this in a state league match is disgusting and shows poor tastes of sportsmanship

Surely not

punter
09-08-2013, 09:25 PM
Which should be the best game to go see this weekend?

De-Champ
09-08-2013, 09:27 PM
Which should be the best game to go see this weekend?

Maitland v Thornton

punter
09-08-2013, 09:33 PM
Maitland v Thornton

Any reason

De-Champ
10-08-2013, 01:45 PM
Any reason

Only because its a local darby, and mailtalnd needs a win to have any chance of winning the league (and hope Adamstown lose)

sancho_theswan
11-08-2013, 09:21 AM
Question...Who are the only two clubs to get all three grades into the semis?.... Hmmmm!

sancho_theswan
11-08-2013, 09:23 AM
Just heard the results from the BelSWANS biannual migration to Singo...
19's... up 2-1.
23's... up 3-2.
1st's.. up 3-0.

Well done to the 19's to get into 4th spot in a very tight game (apparently).

sutho
11-08-2013, 05:31 PM
atown v westy
7-0 ouch
getting the draw against the stags got them into the finals.
heard the stags hammered cessnock 7-2 infront of a big Old Boys Day at peacock.

Playitonthedeck
11-08-2013, 07:31 PM
Well done to Adamstown on promotion play a brilliant style of football will go fine in nbn league there 23s are quality well drilled well coached always looking keep possession credit to there coaching staff and there first grade are just classy will no doubt be a great grand final against more then likely maitland

pv4
11-08-2013, 07:59 PM
Bails told his players before saturdays game v cessnock that he was resigning (quitting, not re-signing)

sutho
11-08-2013, 09:04 PM
Bails told his players before saturdays game v cessnock that he was resigning (quitting, not re-signing)
Another coach resigns this year!

sutho
11-08-2013, 09:08 PM
Well done to Adamstown on promotion play a brilliant style of football will go fine in nbn league there 23s are quality well drilled well coached always looking keep possession credit to there coaching staff and there first grade are just classy will no doubt be a great grand final against more then likely maitland
given the current form of the stags I'm sure Atown will be happy to be playing westy for the next 2 weeks. Belswans also are not the team they were a few weeks back, when Shane Paul was in the roster. This will be a weak finals series, probably with small crowds.

Imyourhero
11-08-2013, 10:00 PM

Except their 23s will be a very different team next year considering they have a few overage boys.

Playitonthedeck
11-08-2013, 10:01 PM
given the current form of the stags I'm sure Atown will be happy to be playing westy for the next 2 weeks. Belswans also are not the team they were a few weeks back, when Shane Paul was in the roster. This will be a weak finals series, probably with small crowds.
Yeah Adamstown will walk all over westy be over after 1st leg for sure this comp needs a shake up

newi24-2-08
11-08-2013, 10:02 PM
Thornton v Maitland

1st 5-0 Maitland
23s 2-2 Draw
19s 2-0 Maitland.

Dissapointing for maitland not to win promotion given the start to the year they had. I'm sure they will go up in the next few years however, as there is really good things happening there.

Let me feed the ducks
11-08-2013, 10:44 PM
Except their 23s will be a very different team next year considering they have a few overage boys.

Totally inaccurate post

Adamstown 23s started with only 2 over age players in the team today and actually finished the game with only one over 23 years player .

Also there bench was ALL under 23s players and they actually only have 5 over age players in there whole squad but hey don't let good gossip get in the way of hard facts now !!!!

hawk
12-08-2013, 12:18 AM
Singo might as well head to ZL1 next year.

seldom
12-08-2013, 12:41 AM

"current form"...didn't westy beat tronna last week to get into the finals ?

sutho
12-08-2013, 08:31 AM
"current form"...didn't westy beat tronna last week to get into the finals ?
v belswans 1-1
v maitland 1-2
v westy 0-1
v cessnock 7-2
your right seldom they lost to westy (you were not at the game)- that's football
westy v cesnok 3-2
atown v westy 7-0
trono would have given atown a tougher battle to get to GF IMO

punter
12-08-2013, 12:57 PM
v belswans 1-1
v maitland 1-2
v westy 0-1
v cessnock 7-2
your right seldom they lost to westy (you were not at the game)- that's football
westy v cesnok 3-2
atown v westy 7-0
trono would have given atown a tougher battle to get to GF IMO

What garbage Sutho, Toronto would of got hammered as will Westy.

12-08-2013, 01:27 PM
Glen Chapman you are a legend , i need not say anymore ... You have brought the buds back to the premier competition in Newcastle and I look forward to seeing what you and the rest of your coaching staff can achieve in NBN next year .... With this young team the sky really is the limit and you are without doubt the best coach in Newcastle at this current time.

Graham Law , well done on achieving the minor premier with the 23s and doing it with a bit style as your young team are great to watch and you and the team have been a credit to this great club this season and i have lost count the amount of them that have stepped up to support first grade this year.

Steve Dorman , Real shame your boys missed out on the finals as they are playing superb just now and very unfortunate to miss out indeed.

What a year for the buds .. I was so happy sitting on the hill yesterday watching a buzzy ground and old boys day and Chappys boys going to the NBN in style.... GO BUDS GO !!!!

oneeye
12-08-2013, 01:34 PM
Is it official that Adamstown are in NBN next year?
It is my understanding they still need to apply and be approved?

EH9
12-08-2013, 07:59 PM
Glen Chapman you are a legend , i need not say anymore ... You have brought the buds back to the premier competition in Newcastle and I look forward to seeing what you and the rest of your coaching staff can achieve in NBN next year .... With this young team the sky really is the limit and you are without doubt the best coach in Newcastle at this current time.

This will be awkward when/if he leaves and goes to Magic! He did nothing to quash the rumours on the news tonight.

ForeverRed
12-08-2013, 08:11 PM
This will be awkward when/if he leaves and goes to Magic! He did nothing to quash the rumours on the news tonight.

not sure about the best coach in Newcastle statement, my mum could have coached that team and the u23 side he had at magic would have been even easier to coach, well done to chappy, his a good bloke, but please the plaudits are earnt when the chips are down and you really need a good coach, he is better off staying at the buds and giving himself a challenge, I don't believe that challenge is available at magic

Sideline
12-08-2013, 09:23 PM
id have to agree with the above if he was such a super coach they should of made it up last year.
not taking anything away from the buds but really when you have a team like they did winning the newfm comp should be a given.

i hope they follow in the jaffas footsteps and have a great year in the top flite.

cheers

cobra23
13-08-2013, 10:46 AM
not sure about the best coach in Newcastle statement, my mum could have coached that team and the u23 side he had at magic would have been even easier to coach, well done to chappy, his a good bloke, but please the plaudits are earnt when the chips are down and you really need a good coach, he is better off staying at the buds and giving himself a challenge, I don't believe that challenge is available at magic

I think your forgetting the big answer forever,
if chappy did not go to Adamstown they would not even came close to getting promoted, players followed a great coach to the club because they know how good of a coach and bloke he is. his skills of developing young kids as well is proven by what he achieved at magic and as well now at adamstown. and thats probably why magic will be pushing for his signature if chili and Noumov decide to part ways with the club. i could not think of another coach in this comp that could step up and coach the magic club as a whole...
and yes forever your mum could coach the current squad at magic or adamstown but when players leave or get injured what skill would your mum have to occupy those spots or to lure new players?

ForeverRed
13-08-2013, 10:52 AM
I think your forgetting the big answer forever,
if chappy did not go to Adamstown they would not even came close to getting promoted, players followed a great coach to the club because they know how good of a coach and bloke he is. his skills of developing young kids as well is proven by what he achieved at magic and as well now at adamstown. and thats probably why magic will be pushing for his signature if chili and Noumov decide to part ways with the club. i could not think of another coach in this comp that could step up and coach the magic club as a whole...
and yes forever your mum could coach the current squad at magic or adamstown but when players leave or get injured what skill would your mum have to occupy those spots or to lure new players?
He probably wouldn't be in the top 5 coaches in newcastle

cobra23
13-08-2013, 11:00 AM
who are the top 5 coahes in your oppinion

EH9
13-08-2013, 11:13 AM
This will end badly! Best of anything is subjective. Who on here knows the merits of all coaches??? Nobody.

Bearlover
13-08-2013, 11:37 AM
Question...Who are the only two clubs to get all three grades into the semis?.... Hmmmm!

Congratulations on Belswans and Maitland for getting all 3 grades into the semis. Congratulations on Adamstown for promotion and unlucky for missing out on Under 19 semis. From what I saw, they were the big improvers in that league. Congratulations for Thornton on a successful season. 23's and 19'3 making semis and 1st Grade playing well (When you consider last season).

Elude
14-08-2013, 09:03 PM

If this is true Stags might be able to keep players rather than rebuild a new squad each year.

Youaskedforit
14-08-2013, 09:19 PM
If this is true Stags might be able to keep players rather than rebuild a new squad each year.

It's true

14-08-2013, 09:24 PM
Heard that Maitland are looking for a new coach tonight ? Can anyone confirm this ?

15-08-2013, 12:11 PM
So finals football coming up and a trip to West Wallsend, always tricking playing a team straight after you have just hammered them the week previous and I think West Wallsend will give the buds a much harder game this weekend.

Does anyone know what happens to the buds 23s game (kick off time) ? as its a shame that the 23s are at Belswans on the same day as it would have been good to see both 23s and 1st grade in the semis at the weekend.

Great to see that Glen Chapman our head coach is talking down the Magic job as speculation and from speaking with him after the match last weekend I am hoping he will want to continue with this opportunity at buds and see how far he can take it and having spoken with someone on the Adamstown committee they are very hopeful of keeping him.

Also seen in the Maitland paper today that their coach is away at the end of the season . This now throws another problem the buds way if the rumours are true about who they have targeted as their next coach as I heard that the buds 23s coach is very high on their list.

Fingers crossed all the coaches and players at the buds see the opportunity that taking Adamstown to NBN presents and they are still here next season

outsider
15-08-2013, 12:15 PM
So finals football coming up and a trip to West Wallsend, always tricking playing a team straight after you have just hammered them the week previous and I think West Wallsend will give the buds a much harder game this weekend.

Does anyone know what happens to the buds 23s game (kick off time) ? as its a shame that the 23s are at Belswans on the same day as it would have been good to see both 23s and 1st grade in the semis at the weekend.

Great to see that Glen Chapman our head coach is talking down the Magic job as speculation and from speaking with him after the match last weekend I am hoping he will want to continue with this opportunity at buds and see how far he can take it and having spoken with someone on the Adamstown committee they are very hopeful of keeping him.

Also seen in the Maitland paper today that their coach is away at the end of the season . This now throws another problem the buds way if the rumours are true about who they have targeted as their next coach as I heard that the buds 23s coach is very high on their list.

Fingers crossed all the coaches and players at the buds see the opportunity that taking Adamstown to NBN presents and they are still here next season

Think that you should have a closer look at the fixtures.Adamstown under 23's play on Saturday at West Wallsend but are classed as the visiting team the same as their first grade team with BelSwans under 23 the home team.The games at Blacksmiths are on SUNDAY

15-08-2013, 12:59 PM
Think that you should have a closer look at the fixtures.Adamstown under 23's play on Saturday at West Wallsend but are classed as the visiting team the same as their first grade team with BelSwans under 23 the home team.The games at Blacksmiths are on SUNDAY

Thanks outsider ... I need new specs clearly. Great news and sets up a nice day at West Wallsend as always enjoy going their and having a beer with the old lads.

The axe
17-08-2013, 05:50 PM
Thanks outsider ... I need new specs clearly. Great news and sets up a nice day at West Wallsend as always enjoy going their and having a beer with the old lads.

Any results or match reports from Westy?

outsider
17-08-2013, 07:52 PM
Any results or match reports from Westy?

under 19 Maitland 2 BelSwans 0
under23 Adamstown0 BelSwans 0
1st grade Adamstown 3 Westy when I left with about 20 to go-not sure of final result but I dont think that Westy were coming back from there.They were crap

outsider
17-08-2013, 08:08 PM
under 19 Maitland 2 BelSwans 0
under23 Adamstown0 BelSwans 0
1st grade Adamstown 3 Westy when I left with about 20 to go-not sure of final result but I dont think that Westy were coming back from there.They were crap

final score 4 nil

EH9
17-08-2013, 09:18 PM
Did I hear correctly that there was a streaker who was tackled by Adamstown's keeper? And he threw a punch at the keeper?

Elude
18-08-2013, 08:52 AM
Did I hear correctly that there was a streaker who was tackled by Adamstown's keeper? And he threw a punch at the keeper?

Yes this is true

The axe
18-08-2013, 09:30 AM
Yes this is true

I hope he was shown a red card

newi24-2-08
18-08-2013, 09:35 PM
Maitland 2-0 over Belswans today.