PDA

View Full Version : 2013 NEW FM League Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

boz-monaut
14-11-2012, 10:26 AM
2013 NEW FM League Thread

demon
23-11-2012, 09:50 AM
The U19's competition this season in NBN and New FM will be interesting, if only for the lack of interest shown by a number of the clubs trials I saw. All New FM had quite a good turn outs which was encouraging to see and while some faces were seen a quite a few different club trials there is obviously still a desire to play with these clubs.

Adamstown seem to have a good mix, one nice young guy in their front line (if lacking a little vision at times). A solid back line if they play 4 at the back, one being a younger kid who if he comes out of his shell a little could dominate many other forwards physically and reading the play. Midfield was a little weak BUT I will qualify that by noting across the park they are a new team still to learn to play together. I don't think will be as dominant as last season but should be semi finalists.

BelSwans I didn't see any of, simply because of clashes with clubs closer to home.

Cessnock will again be at a similar postion to recent years, nothing overly exciting but a competitive side none the less. Goals against will be so important for them in terms of keeping the total low and consistantly so.

Maitland will again be the benchmark in this competition. I think they continue at this age to draw on a major strength. Being at this age many still rely on parents for transport which gives them a good drawing area. What I think will be the question for them is how many of their first choices actually line up with then come early Feb as their were faces popping up around other clubs also.

Singleton, no offence guys but I just didn't want to drive all that way to watch. Simialr to Cessnock I'm going to imagine probably just outside the mix for that 4th spot for the semi's.

Thornton now this was impressive for off the field reasons, this club is really making an effort in its own community to find good players, bring players back into football and then look outside. Do I think they will be in the semis.... no, but I can see them being a side that does impact the semi's by who they take points away from during the season. I can see other coaches looking back come late Aug and thinking "if only we got up against Thornton". They may not win a great many more games than last season but should improve on the 3W/3D/15L from last season.

Toronto could go either way, talking to a few parents around the grounds a number from that area of the Lake were not just willing to trial for them alone as may have done in years gone by. Until registrations are actually completed this squad (I certainly hope doesn't) but could see some forced changes as other NBN and New Fm sides actually finalise registrations in Jan.

Westy...... these guys are my dark horses for the season. Both 19's and 23's it appears are turning over numbers from last season (some leaving, some not reselected and some moving from 19 to 23's). But what I saw was a core number of Westy guys still there and some very nice pick ups from other clubs. In their back line they will be quite mobile and they will benefit from having 3 of their new numbers coming stright from the same side at Cardiff last season. One deciding factor could be the club policy of selecting on form.... if 23's don't perform the irony could be an 19's season disrupted due to no fault of their own by seeing players moving up and down grades.

Pre-season still to come and I am going to be interested to see what clubs actually get to sign those they believe they have selected, but based on what I saw my guess for the U19's table will be:

Maitland
Adamstown
Westy
Cessnock
Toronto
Singelton
Belswans
Thornton

What I found disheartening at some of those clubs and more so at NBN 17 and 19's trials than NEW FM was the lack of interest shown by the coaches in those kids trialling. Edgeworth U19's was close to a disgrace, split into 3 games only 1 of the 3 'coaches' actually watched they players in front of him while the other 2 chatted between themselves (and at time another club official). One players was actually on the ground injured for nearly 3 mins before either of those 2 noticed. To his credit the other coach was what you would hope for, attentive, instucting players with 2-3 words, changing positions and formations. Edgie were by far not the only club but just the most obvious.

On two great positives 1) while I certainly didn't hear all coaches or every player be told they were not selected I have to give well deserved credit to both Adamstown and Westy coaching staff here. Players were spoken to one on one away from the groups, spoken to as adults and in a positive way about what they did right but also what they needed to improve in.

And 2) to Maitland, Thornton and again Adamstown and Westy it was good to see the whole (or close to) coaching staff of each club being involved. It certainly gives players (and many coming into the senior level for the first time) the trust and belIEf they are in a club atmosphere and no longer just a single team.

Youaskedforit
23-11-2012, 11:36 AM
Spot on with your call on Thornton and Toronto, Thornton is going great guns, with their coaching staff, and their involvement with the community up there, you will find there 19s will be alot higher.

Toronto, well, you only have to look on a thread in here where someone named the whole squad , for whatever reason, where some of the kids that turned up to trial for U17, have been promised u19, so you would hope they going to be high up, naming a squad already in a public forum. Not many newfm teams could boast a finalised squad in early november.

Mitchy
23-11-2012, 12:38 PM
Was at maitland trials, they will kill that comp.

Youaskedforit
23-11-2012, 01:42 PM
Totally off the cuff, would this idea have any merits ? At the end of the season, why dont the winners of NBN and NEWFM square off in a one off game, playing for say The premiers Cup, with the winners of Newfm to host the day, to help them kickstart there entry to NBN.

eg : 1st Hamilton Olympic v Adamstown
23s Magic v Belswans
19s Azzuri v Maitland

At Adamstown Oval

Week after the GF, either money goes to charity or like i said to the winner of NewFM. Just an Idea.

david silva
23-11-2012, 04:56 PM
Going to be an interesting year in 19s NEWFM next year...

Thorntn: Like everyone else has said, they will continue to improve. Can imagine that Mcallister will have an extremely positive impact on their 19s team. Very young squad so enthusiasm and fitness won't be an issue. Experience will be their main issue. McKenna their blonde centre back will be key for them if they are to push further up the table. Prediction: 7th

Cessnock: Thought they had a very good year last year. Once gain they will be there or thereabouts at the end of the year, but their leaky defense will obviously be an issue. One issue I have found with cessnock's 19s over the years is that they have a thug mentality...that needs to change if they are to push any higher up the table. Prediction: 5th

Singleton: Had a great strt to last season but seemed to Lack consistency, losing seemingly easy games against teams like Toronto and Thornton. once again I think they can push towards semis, however losing players to higher grades could be an issue later in the season. Prediction: 4th

Maitland: Confidence will e high as they had a great 2012 season and IMO were the est team In the comp despite their grand final loss. Their two mdfielders from last year (can't remember their names) we're amazing all year and if thy yay in the under 19s comp should help them to a minor premiership. Have heard they have recruited a lot of younger players from Weston 17s which is interesting. Prediction: 1st

demon
03-12-2012, 10:17 AM
Having seen West Wallsend surface this last weekend many teams could be in for a pleasent surprise come the competition 2013.

How much difference a few months can make, not a bare patch of soil to be seen, good depth of grass and roots. For those who saw the Lake Mac V Westy game in the last round this year that will sound near a miracle.

Who ever is spending their time out there at present is doing a wonderful job. Watching a full field semi serious game the ball played quite nicely along the surface and compared to many grounds at present had been thoughtfully well watered prior to their training to keep a soft underfoot for players to run on.

Could now be a big decision come the new year for the club. LMCC had the ground listed to be dug up and rye grass sown as a winter surface (and suprisingly the Council were going to do a proper job too. For those who have seen the 2013 draw that is why there is such a gap where Westy were playing away early in the season.Soil testing, fertiliser, regular care etc) but if the current grass continues to improve it could be tempting to leave it as is.

david silva
03-12-2012, 09:26 PM
Saw on another thread that the nbn league draw has been released. Anyone found a copy of the 2013 NEWFM draw?

Heskey
04-12-2012, 11:53 AM
The 19's at Toronto will struggle, lost a majority of the squad to other clubs including West Wallsend, Thornton and other NBN clubs. From what I hear there is only two players left from last years squad signed to the under 19's team, with the rest made up of the under 17a team from 2012 who were disappointing and struggled in a fairly straight forward league. Can confirm that two players from the 15a Toronto team have signed for the 19's which is a positive for the club as youth is the key for success.

Bremsstrahlung
04-12-2012, 03:08 PM
Under 17A team had 3-4 players capable of playing NEWFM, that's about it though. With no disrespect intended, the only game I saw, they struggled to dispatch a team with 5-6 girls (2 were reasonably good, but the other few were just for fun). If the "majority" were from this team... I agree with Heskey, they will struggle.

Youaskedforit
04-12-2012, 03:47 PM
Under 17A team had 3-4 players capable of playing NEWFM, that's about it though. With no disrespect intended, the only game I saw, they struggled to dispatch a team with 5-6 girls (2 were reasonably good, but the other few were just for fun). If the "majority" were from this team... I agree with Heskey, they will struggle.

Probably the ones that chose to stay with their coach and play U17/A again at Toronto Juniors, which is interesting, how are the seniors and the juniors entering a team in the 17A"s

Apparently the ones playing for the seniors, wont be allowed on Finnan Oval, so not sure where they are playing.

demon
04-12-2012, 03:51 PM
Saw on another thread that the nbn league draw has been released. Anyone found a copy of the 2013 NEWFM draw?

David, this is what I know of so far, the Rounds are set but days (Sat or Sun) may change at clubs requests for functions etc:

2013 Premier Competition Season:

State Cup - NBN / NEWFM pool
Round 1. Saturday 9th /Sunday 10th March
Round 2. Wednesday 3rd April
Round 3. Wednesday 1st May
Round 4. Wednesday 29th May
Final Series Saturday 13th / Sunday 14th July

Charity Shield
Sunday 24th March **** Please note that trial games for clubs not competing in the Charity Shield will be permitted for this weekend.

FFA / NNSWF Coaching Conference
Saturday 9th / Sunday 10th February **** Please note that NO trial games will be sanctioned for this weekend.

Season Draw

ROUND 1
Sunday 17 March Maitland FC V Belmont Swansea Utd SC Cooks Square Park 2.30pm
Sunday 17 March West Wallsend SFC V Singleton SC Varley Park 2.30pm
Sunday 17 March Cessnock City FC V Thornton Red backs FC Turner Park 2.30pm
Sunday 17 March Adamstown Rosebud FC V Toronto Awaba FC Adamstown Oval 2.30pm

ROUND 2
Saturday 23 March Toronto Awaba FC V Thornton Red backs FC Lyall Peacock Field 2.30pm
Saturday 23 March Belmont Swansea Utd SC V Adamstown Rosebud FC Blacksmiths Oval 4.00pm
Sunday 24 March Cessnock City FC V Singleton SC Turner Park 2.30pm
Sunday 24 March West Wallsend SFC V Maitland FC Varley Park 2.30pm

ROUND 3
Friday 29 March Belmont Swansea Utd SC V West Wallsend SFC Blacksmiths Oval 4.00pm
Sunday 31 March Maitland FC V Cessnock City FC Cooks Square Park 2.30pm
Sunday 31 March Singleton SC V Toronto Awaba FC Howe Park 2.30pm
Sunday 31 March Thornton Redbacks FC V Adamstown Rosebud FC Thornton Park 2.30pm

ROUND 4
Saturday 6 April Adamstown Rosebud FC V Singleton SC Adamstown Oval 2.30pm
Sunday 7 April Toronto Awaba FC V Maitland FC Lyall Peacock Field 2.30pm
Sunday 7 April Thornton Redbacks FC V Belmont Swansea Utd SC Thornton Park 2.30pm
Sunday 7 April Cessnock City FC V West Wallsend SFC Turner Park 2.30pm

ROUND 5
Saturday 13 April Thornton Redbacks FC V Toronto Awaba FC Thornton Park 6.00pm
Sunday 14 April Singleton SC V Cessnock City FC Howe Park 2.30pm
Sunday 14 April Maitland FC V West Wallsend SFC Cooks Square Park 2.30pm
Sunday 14 April Adamstown Rosebud FC V Belmont Swansea Utd SC Adamstown Oval 2.30pm

ROUND 6
Saturday 20 April Singleton SC V Belmont Swansea Utd SC Howe Park 2.30pm
Sunday 21 April Thornton Redbacks FC V Maitland FC Thornton Park 2.30pm
Sunday 21 April Adamstown Rosebud FC V West Wallsend SFC Adamstown Oval 2.30pm
Sunday 21 April Toronto Awaba FC V Cessnock City FC Lyall Peacock Field 2.30pm

ROUND 7
Sunday 28 April Maitland FC V Singleton SC Cooks Square Park 2.30pm
Sunday 28 April Cessnock City FC V Adamstown Rosebud FC Turner Park 2.30pm
Sunday 28 April West Wallsend SFC V Thornton Redbacks FC Varley Park 2.30pm
Sunday 28 April Belmont Swansea Utd SC V Toronto Awaba FC Blacksmiths Oval 2.30pm

ROUND 8
Sunday 5 May Belmont Swansea Utd SC V Maitland FC Blacksmiths Oval 2.30pm
Sunday 5 May Singleton SC V West Wallsend SFC Howe Park 2.30pm
Sunday 5 May Thornton Redbacks FC V Cessnock City FC Thornton Park 2.30pm
Sunday 5 May Toronto Awaba FC V Adamstown Rosebud FC Lyall Peacock Field 2.30pm

ROUND 9
Saturday 11 May Singleton SC V Thornton Redbacks FC Howe Park 2.30pm
Saturday 11 May Belmont Swansea Utd SC V Cessnock City FC Blacksmiths Oval 2.30pm
Saturday 11 May West Wallsend SFC V Toronto Awaba FC Varley Park 2.30pm
Sunday 12 May Maitland FC V Adamstown Rosebud FC Cooks Square Park 2.30pm

ROUND 10
Saturday 18 May Adamstown Rosebud FC V Thornton Redbacks FC Adamstown Oval 2.30pm
Sunday 19 May Cessnock City FC V Maitland FC Turner Park 2.30pm
Sunday 19 May Toronto Awaba FC V Singleton SC Lyall Peacock Field 2.30pm
Sunday 19 May West Wallsend SFC V Belmont Swansea Utd SC Varley Park 2.30pm

ROUND 11
Saturday 25 May Belmont Swansea Utd SC V Thornton Redbacks FC Blacksmiths Oval 2.30pm
Sunday 26 May Maitland FC V Toronto Awaba FC Cooks Square Park 2.30pm
Sunday 26 May West Wallsend SFC V Cessnock City FC Varley Park 2.30pm
Sunday 26 May Singleton SC V Adamstown Rosebud FC Howe Park 2.30pm

ROUND 12
Sunday 2 June Adamstown Rosebud FC V Maitland FC Adamstown Oval 2.30pm
Sunday 2 June Thornton Redbacks FC V Singleton SC Thornton Park 2.30pm
Sunday 2 June Toronto Awaba FC V West Wallsend SFC Lyall Peacock Field 2.30pm
Sunday 2 June Cessnock City FC V Belmont Swansea Utd SC Turner Park 2.30pm

ROUND 13
Saturday 8 June Belmont Swansea Utd SC V Singleton SC Blacksmiths Oval 2.30pm
Sunday 9 June Maitland FC V Thornton Redbacks FC Cooks Square Park 2.30pm
Sunday 9 June West Wallsend SFC V Adamstown Rosebud FC Varley Park 2.30pm
Sunday 9 June Cessnock City FC V Toronto Awaba FC Turner Park 2.30pm

ROUND 14
Saturday 15 June Singleton SC V Maitland FC Howe Park 2.30pm
Sunday 16 June Adamstown Rosebud FC V Cessnock City FC Adamstown Oval 2.30pm
Sunday 16 June Thornton Redbacks FC V West Wallsend SFC Thornton Park 2.30pm
Sunday 16 June Toronto Awaba FC V Belmont Swansea Utd SC Lyall Peacock Field 2.30pm

ROUND 15
Saturday 22 June Adamstown Rosebud FC V Toronto Awaba FC Adamstown Oval 2.30pm
Sunday 23 June Maitland FC V Belmont Swansea Utd SC Cooks Square Park 2.30pm
Sunday 23 June Singleton SC V West Wallsend SFC Howe Park 2.30pm
Sunday 23 June Thornton Redbacks FC V Cessnock City FC Thornton Park 2.30pm

ROUND 16
Saturday 29 June Toronto Awaba FC V Thornton Redbacks FC Lyall Peacock Field 2.30pm
Sunday 30 June Cessnock City FC V Singleton SC Turner Park 2.30pm
Sunday 30 June West Wallsend SFC V Maitland FC Varley Park 2.30pm
Sunday 30 June Belmont Swansea Utd SC V Adamstown Rosebud FC Blacksmiths Oval 2.30pm

ROUND 17
Saturday 6 July Singleton SC V Toronto Awaba FC Howe Park 2.30pm
Saturday 6 July Thornton Redbacks FC V Adamstown Rosebud FC Thornton Park 6.00pm
Sunday 7 July Maitland FC V Cessnock City FC Cooks Square Park 2.30pm
Sunday 7 July Belmont Swansea Utd SC V West Wallsend SFC Blacksmiths Oval 2.30pm

State Cup Finals
Saturday 13 July Sunday 14 July

ROUND 18 State Cup Finals
Sunday 21 July Maitland FC V Singleton SC Cooks Square Park 2.30pm
Sunday 21 July Cessnock City FC V Adamstown Rosebud FC Turner Park 2.30pm
Sunday 21 July West Wallsend SFC V Thornton Redbacks FC Varley Park 2.30pm
Sunday 21 July Belmont Swansea Utd SC V Toronto Awaba FC Blacksmiths Oval 2.30pm

ROUND 19
Sunday 28 July Adamstown Rosebud FC V Singleton SC Adamstown Oval 2.30pm
Sunday 28 July Toronto Awaba FC V Maitland FC Lyall Peacock Field 2.30pm
Sunday 28 July Thornton Redbacks FC V Belmont Swansea Utd SC Thornton Park 2.30pm
Sunday 28 July Cessnock City FC V West Wallsend SFC Turner Park 2.30pm

ROUND 20
Saturday 3 August Singleton SC V Thornton Redbacks FC Howe Park 2.30pm
Sunday 4 August West Wallsend SFC V Toronto Awaba FC Varley Park 2.30pm
Sunday 4 August Belmont Swansea Utd SC V Cessnock City FC Blacksmiths Oval 2.30pm
Sunday 4 August Maitland FC V Adamstown Rosebud FC Cooks Square Park 2.30pm

ROUND 21
Saturday 10 August Singleton SC V Belmont Swansea Utd SC Howe Park 2.30PM
Saturday 10 August Toronto Awaba FC V Cessnock City FC Lyall Peacock Field 2.30PM
Sunday 11 August Thornton Redbacks FC V Maitland FC Thornton Park 2.30PM
Sunday 11 August Adamstown Rosebud FC V West Wallsend SFC Adamstown Oval 2.30PM

SEMI FINAL - 1st LEG
Saturday 17 August 4 V 1 3.00pm
Sunday 18 August 3 V 2 3.00pm
SEMI FINAL - 2nd LEG "'IM
Saturday 24 August 2 V 3 3.00pm
Sunday 25 August 1 V 4 3.00pm
GRAND FINAL
Sunday 1 September 3.00pm

She Devil
04-12-2012, 04:29 PM
I beg to differ on the 17A. dissapointing??? and how did they struggle from what i sore and heard they made it to the Semis. And should 15 yr old boys be playing 19's i would think 17's not 19's.

ForeverRed
04-12-2012, 04:52 PM
I beg to differ on the 17A. dissapointing??? and how did they struggle from what i sore and heard they made it to the Semis. And should 15 yr old boys be playing 19's i would think 17's not 19's.

I watched the Toronto 15a team several times this season including a semi and Grand final, there were at least half a dozen boys who would walk straight into any u17 nbn team, one boy in particular would be right at home playing 19s but found out he was only 14 and playing up a grade, quality centre back for his age, unfortunately their coach has told most of the mums and dads to stick with him so they can win another grand final in the u16s, when are junior coaches going to wake up to the fact its not all about them, their job is to promote these boys to the best competition available

Youaskedforit
04-12-2012, 08:49 PM
I watched the Toronto 15a team several times this season including a semi and Grand final, there were at least half a dozen boys who would walk straight into any u17 nbn team, one boy in particular would be right at home playing 19s but found out he was only 14 and playing up a grade, quality centre back for his age, unfortunately their coach has told most of the mums and dads to stick with him so they can win another grand final in the u16s, when are junior coaches going to wake up to the fact its not all about them, their job is to promote these boys to the best competition available

I'm sure a year in 16s will be a stern test for them , as I'd imagine some 15 elites will be in this comp next year , so they may get a shock, but will be good for them, and they'll be ready to be vultured in 2014

demon
05-12-2012, 03:09 PM
when are junior coaches going to wake up to the fact its not all about them, their job is to promote these boys to the best competition available

I agree in part, truthfully, that exact same phrase has to be directed to senior clubs/coaches about their own roles too.

If senior coaches (and by that I mean U17, 19's and 23's) coaches are serious about their own roles in their area (and not just the one junior club with the same name, and many not even that small involvement) they would be known to those teams anyway.

One training session a weak split over 3-4 local junior clubs in that 14-16 age group and they would have the knowledge of the players and the parents to talk to them and not just be seen as a senior coach trying to 'steal' the best juniors.

Put yourself in a 15 year old parents spot, a coach your kid played with successfully for 4-5 years or a stranger who coaches 2 or 3 years above your childs age. Whose advice are most parents going to give weight to?

Senior coaches have to earn the respect of the junior coaches, parents and players first, not the reverse.

Youaskedforit
05-12-2012, 03:22 PM
This was put into action four years ago out toronto way involving Toronto, westlakes and morissett and ended up falling in to a hole along with alot of other things that used to happen as a ritual out there.

Anyway.....

david silva
09-12-2012, 12:22 PM
Maitland 19s and Azzuri 19s played out a 3-3 draw this morning at bero

demon
10-12-2012, 09:26 AM
Any idea of what the game was like David or just the score?

Heskey
10-12-2012, 11:29 AM
FYI the 19's team of Toronto last year, from what I saw played the best football in the league, just didn't get the results warranted.

They have lost a majority of there better more experienced players to NBN, other NEW FM clubs and the Toronto ZPL3 team, it can also can be confirmed that one of there better young players will be moved into under 23's or first grade. With the players I have seen on that roster for the 19's all I can say that not getting the wooden spoon would be an achievement as the quality and experience there is lacking.

Predictions 19's

Adamstown
Maitland
West Wallsend
Belswans
Cessnock
Thornton
Singleton
Toronto Awaba.

Jose
10-12-2012, 11:45 AM
Toronto failed to get results against the lesser teams and that really did cost them. A lack of discipline did not help either with a few key players picking up suspensions throughout the season.

The game between Maitland and Azzuri was quite good given the conditions; the ground was not in the best shape and it was very hot but both teams competed very well. Azzuri 19's have not had an off season as such so they looked well drilled but their coach guides them around the park a lot. Maitland did well (not sure how much of a preseason they have had so far) but created some good chances and the new guys to the team look like they will really strengthen the side; their coach walked off all smiles. Not sure what everyone else thought that was there?

I'll be interested to see how Maitland trial in the new year and the other 19s teams in NewFM

namwob99
10-12-2012, 12:25 PM
Where was it played at?

Jose
10-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Beresfield Seniors Ground

david silva
10-12-2012, 04:11 PM
Yeah went down and watched (I only live 500m from ground) and the there was a surprisingly high level of quality given the conditions. Was about 35 degrees and the grass was about half way up the players shins, but both teams did well. Judging by maitland's performance yesterday (just their 2nd run all year) they will be difficult to beat next year.

Azzuri very reliant on there holding midfielder which could cost them next year as I can see him moving up the grades

Jose
10-12-2012, 05:13 PM
Very impressive from Maitland if that's only their second run given the new players they have. No one stuck out as not fitting in.

They could be very tough to beat if they improve to the potential they look to have.

boz-monaut
13-12-2012, 12:33 PM
there is a thread for player movements, rumours and other bullshit

as always on the local forum, this is your first and final warning before we out your real names and ban you, blah blah blah...

Imyourhero
16-12-2012, 11:05 PM
Can anybody tell me the overage ruling for U23s? e.g. how many overage players you can have etc

Imyourhero
21-12-2012, 08:05 PM
http://www.northernnswfootball.com.au/fileadmin/user_upload/nth-nsw-football/Competitions/2013_Premier_Comp_Draws/NNSWF_2013_NEW_FM_Draw.pdf

Imyourhero
31-01-2013, 12:45 PM
Lets get this thread going again!
Predictions;
Adamstown/maitland
Adamstown/maitland
Belswans
West Wallsend
Cessnock
Toronto
Thornton
Singleton

seldom
31-01-2013, 12:51 PM
Predictions;
Adamstown/maitland
Adamstown/maitland
Belswans
West Wallsend
Cessnock
Toronto
Thornton
Singleton

have westy retained any 1st graders from last year or are they starting afresh ?

Imyourhero
31-01-2013, 12:56 PM
Hmm i think i saw on the movements thread that one guy had moved on at least, also on the northern website they are advertising for players for all 3 grades.

Youaskedforit
31-01-2013, 01:35 PM
Predictions;
Adamstown/maitland
Adamstown/maitland
Belswans
West Wallsend
Cessnock
Toronto
Thornton
Singleton

Adamstown
Maitland
West Wallsend
Thornton
Belswans
Cessnock
Toronto
Singleton

EH9
31-01-2013, 01:56 PM
have westy retained any 1st graders from last year or are they starting afresh ?

Will be a bit of a turnover from last year.

EH9
31-01-2013, 01:57 PM
Maitland
Adamstown
Thornton
Westy
Belswans
Cessnock
Toronto
Singleton

Imyourhero
31-01-2013, 02:06 PM
Think it should be closest comp in a long time.
Ive heard thornton are rebuilding with new coach, if cessnock retain the players they picked up in the later stages of last year they could be very good team, heard belswans have picked up some players, same for maitland and you would think adamstown too.

EH9
31-01-2013, 02:12 PM
Think it should be closest comp in a long time.
Ive heard thornton are rebuilding with new coach, if cessnock retain the players they picked up in the later stages of last year they could be very good team, heard belswans have picked up some players, same for maitland and you would think adamstown too.

I have been told that Cessnock have picked up a handful of young players from NBN clubs which should improve them this season.

seldom
31-01-2013, 02:20 PM
so noone seems to know what players clubs have, so i'd be saying these predictions are really guesses yeah ?
pretty sure adamstown-maitland will be top 2 but I have no idea on other teams makeups

Imyourhero
31-01-2013, 04:27 PM
Ive heard names a little while ago, in particular for belswans (cant remember the names) however everything at this stage would still just be speculation. Adamstown especially have been quiet so maybe they feel comfortable with their same squad? If Cessnock do retain their team they had towards the end of last season they'll be tough to beat (they ended up picking up a few ex-weston players)

Youaskedforit
31-01-2013, 04:30 PM
Mark Shalimov to westy is all i know

Imyourhero
31-01-2013, 04:34 PM
Mark Shalimov to westy is all i know

Where'd he move from?

Youaskedforit
31-01-2013, 04:38 PM
Where'd he move from?

Toronto Awaba GK

It is a huge shame this club, three or four years ago was in NBN, then for the first half of 2011 was front runners with Azzuri and Maitland in New FM, now being tipped to finish in the lowet tier of the competition.

Imyourhero
31-01-2013, 04:47 PM
Thats football i guess, look at leeds, middlesborough and even teams in league 1 + 2!

Youaskedforit
31-01-2013, 04:49 PM
Thats football i guess, look at leeds, middlesborough and even teams in league 1 + 2!

Yeah i suppose

demon
01-02-2013, 08:23 AM
I imagine the next few weeks will see final squads settled in, there are players I know of that are still training/trialling with multiple clubs/different divisions and yet to commit to a particular club. Nothing unusual in that and fair enough players should be trying to play the highest level they can.

The Coaches seminar and ground availability seems to have thrown a spanner in the works on some trials game around the divisions also, Maitland and Westy were looking to a mid week game possibly to have a run but can't confirm the date.

Has anyone got definate trial game set down? Be good to get along and watch an odd game to start getting into the routine again.

goaliepersempre
01-02-2013, 08:39 AM
Maitland Vs Thornton Midweek games next week. (at this stage Tuesday & Thursday out at tomago)

Thornton having inter club trial and a 1sts game vst wingham fc on sunday out at Tomago again

Imyourhero
01-02-2013, 11:24 AM
Thornton tend to get themselves a game each week during pre season. also heard maitland will be doing similar with games expected against a mixture of nbn/newfm teams however neither have been able to lock down dates etc due to issue Demon raised above. Rain expected too which is not good when trying to fit in trial games :(

Heskey
01-02-2013, 12:32 PM
It is a huge shame this club, three or four years ago was in NBN, then for the first half of 2011 was front runners with Azzuri and Maitland in New FM, now being tipped to finish in the lowet tier of the competition.

It's pretty hard to keep stability at a club that is run by a committee and coaching staff with no idea on man management.

demon
04-02-2013, 10:05 AM
West Wallsend V Maitland?? Is there a mid week trail game going ahead for these two clubs this week?

Big Al
04-02-2013, 10:35 AM
Judging by the responses I have had their must be a wealth of GK talent in Newcastle, but if anyone (NEW FM or ZPL) needs one PM me.

Imyourhero
04-02-2013, 02:16 PM
Northern site lists 3 games between Thornton and Maitland this week, Monday 4th 19s, Tues 5th 23s, Thurs 7th 1sts. All games played at Tomago Sports Complex kickoff about 6pm.

demon
07-02-2013, 03:13 PM
Believe Maitland are hosting West Wallsend next Thursday the 14th but only 23's and Firsts

Thornton and West Wallsend are definate on the 24th for all three grades at tomago 1pm, 2.30pm and 4.00 kick offs

goaliepersempre
08-02-2013, 07:43 AM
from reports maitland beat Thornton last night in 1sts.

Youaskedforit
08-02-2013, 09:38 AM
Thornton would have been missing their striker i think, honeymooning in hawaii ;)

goaliepersempre
08-02-2013, 09:52 AM
Thornton would have been missing their striker i think, honeymooning in hawaii ;)

That indeed, think he is back in the next 1 or 2 wks.

demon
08-02-2013, 10:53 AM

I doubt anyone will be able to read anything from these first trials about the coming season. Game plans etc aren't even being prepared by coaches for opposition yet. Everyone is still focusing on themselves, formations, player positions, combinations etc.

goaliepersempre
08-02-2013, 11:26 AM
I doubt anyone will be able to read anything from these first trials about the coming season. Game plans etc aren't even being prepared by coaches for opposition yet. Everyone is still focusing on themselves, formations, player positions, combinations etc.

thus no analysis just the outcome.

The Manager
08-02-2013, 11:34 AM
First Grade - Adamstown 2 defeated Valentine Phoenix 1

chocolate soldier
12-02-2013, 12:37 PM

there would be a problem if they didnt ;)

chocolate soldier
12-02-2013, 12:39 PM
First Grade - Adamstown 2 defeated Valentine Phoenix 1

good result for the buds, have they improved the squad or just played really well? and on the other hand, did valentine play poor and from reports, have they lost a few from their squad?

The Manager
13-02-2013, 03:25 PM
good result for the buds, have they improved the squad or just played really well? and on the other hand, did valentine play poor and from reports, have they lost a few from their squad?

I was there supporting Adamstown, so can't really comment on where Phoenix are at except to say it was the first trial for both teams. Adamstown seem to have the same squad from last year with the addition of a couple of players trialling from Port Macquarie. Adamstown did seem to play well, I would say that Chappy was a lot happier then Tappy.

Also Adamstown 3 def Kincumber 0 last night in a first grade trial at Adamstown Oval. This game was not as fluent as the Phoenix game.

demon
15-02-2013, 09:57 AM
Mailtand V West Wallsend 14th Feb

Two games played at Maitland. First game I saw the first 60 mins (of 80), both sides very much going into the spirit of it being a trial game. Westy started and played the entire first 60 mins with two U19's and 3 U23's and Maitland used their bench regulary and across the park.

Maitland played as fluid a game as was allowed with Westy willing to drop deeper and generally keeping two good solid lines of formation forcing Maitland to try and play through. Maitland the ball were well positioned, knew their roles and tried hard to play a good short passing game. End score was 3-0 I believe and after game both coaches look satisifed with what they both got out of the game with match fitness playing its part in the scoreline late into the game.

Second game was the more entertaining of the two, mainly because the younger squads and younger legs meant more running and more turnovers. First half was pretty even with Maitland having the clear cut chances but really lacked any decent finishing. Can't be sure but what was down as a 23's for both sides really looked more like a mix of 23 & 19's. Both teams had some nice passages of play throughout the game with Westy paying for a lapse in defence just after half time and again match fitness meaning Maitland took a better lead before Westy pinned one back with a lovely lob from about 35 out after Maitland made a mistake playing out.

Was good to see two teams both with a definate philosophy of wanting to play out from the back and striving for the short passes and in both games we saw very little of the old hail mary passes from the defence. Even under pressure both sides first instincts were to pay football.

Looking forward to Adamstown v Magic tomorrow at Adamstown (weather permitting I assume). 19's at 1pm, 23's at 2.30 and First grade at 4pm. If any or all called off will try and post details tomorrow morning.

Imyourhero
15-02-2013, 10:29 AM
Awesome stuff Demon, really enjoyed to be able to read an actual analysis of a match. Very much appreciated

demon
17-02-2013, 12:58 PM
Adamstown V Magic 3 Grades

We my daughter donated about $30 to Rosebuds canteen over the day and the red frogs were probably the highlight. These need to be made compulsory for all NBN and NEW FM clubs in 2013.

U19;s while the scoreline was as expected I was expecting far better play from a Magic team together since Nov with 2 keepers and plenty of fresh reserves. Rosebubs gave up possession far to easily to keep the scoreline close (7-1 in the end) and will need to work on that badly. Disappointing part was Rosebuds coach seemed to be working off a predetermined interchange plan rather than what was happening in front of him.

U23's Competitive display by Rosebuds but I think possibly fortunate. Magic moved the ball well and at a whim at times and really did not seem to get out of 3rd gear nor care too. Rosebuds had a few good moments generally,moved the ball across the pitch, looked for good links to midfield but seemed to be let down by a forward player who let frustration appear too easily in his decisions.

1st to be honest I would not once have seen magic put that team on the park last season, with Bennis still very much in doubt and looking another operation or possibly retiring, Haynes dropped into a No 10 roll and was controlling the distribution. Problem is they will miss his poaching abilities if he does drop out of their front two, and that showed. Rosebub's (dare I say) got more out of the game than perhaps served. Solid display from their keeper but I thought their defence did lack some control at times. The midfield was slightly won by Magic but it also seemed Magic were not at full gear. Rosebuds did well with their chances upfront and will be their strength this season I think.

Pitch.... guys its a good idea to mow then mark lines because no one could see them. Some of the divots were a concern, looked nice and thick and solid before the games but during seemed to be very shallow roots so I hope once getting full workouts and wet weather it can remain a good surface.

One thing noticed was some more senior players do not appreciate the dominating personality of the coach, lets face it by that age you know when you need to go in to get ready. You don't need the coach calling you down form the stands one at a time like school children the second 23's leave the sheds.

Imyourhero
17-02-2013, 02:55 PM
What was final score in the 23s?

nbnjet
17-02-2013, 04:10 PM
One thing noticed was some more senior players do not appreciate the dominating personality of the coach, lets face it by that age you know when you need to go in to get ready. You don't need the coach calling you down form the stands one at a time like school children the second 23's leave the sheds.

Chappy or Virgilli???

EH9
17-02-2013, 05:06 PM
Chappy or Virgilli???

I'll have $50 on Chilli

demon
17-02-2013, 08:40 PM
I'll have $50 on Chilli

bugger... the missus only gives me $25 a week pocket money, so I'll have to pay you out in installments lol

prawnhead
17-02-2013, 09:18 PM
bugger... the missus only gives me $25 a week pocket money, so I'll have to pay you out in installments lol

You've obviously been stashing a bit away or she's advanced you $5 on next week. You spent $30 yesterday on red frogs etc😀

EH9
18-02-2013, 03:24 AM
You've obviously been stashing a bit away or she's advanced you $5 on next week. You spent $30 yesterday on red frogs etc��

Raises an important question. What were the other highlights at the concession stand? Good hotdogs? Pies?

goaliepersempre
18-02-2013, 07:22 AM
Thornton Vs Mayfield at Tomago

19s vs thirds?

1 -1

23s vs Reserves

3 - 0

1sts game

Left at halftime score was 1 nil to mayfield

demon
18-02-2013, 08:48 AM
You've obviously been stashing a bit away or she's advanced you $5 on next week. You spent $30 yesterday on red frogs etc

No , my son was silly enough to trust me with his wallet while they were playing so the first 80 mins was on him.

Actually to their credit Rosebubs ran a good canteen, a few clubs tend to run just a basic canteen for trials but they have a good variety of most things.

demon
18-02-2013, 08:55 AM
West Wallsend v Thornton this Sunday at Tomago

Rosebuds v ? this Saturday at Adamstown

Any other games on at this stage?

Keep the long balls short
18-02-2013, 09:43 AM
What was final score in the 23s?

Rosebuds 23s 1 v Magic23s 1

Very good game and two very different halfs. Rosebuds will consider themselves fortunate to have only been 0-1 down at the break as Magic missed chance after chance but it was a very different half second half and mainly dominated by the rosebuds with them missing 3 one on ones with the keeper and also having a stone wall penalty turned down. That said, the buds keeper had to pull off a last minute save to deny Magic victory.

Also worth noting that Magic had more than a few players playing that have vast 1st grade NBN experience and that Rosebuds 1st grade had a wealth of 23s players either on the pitch or on the bench for them so it was a weakend buds 23s team.

Not sure of the name of the Magic 23s number 10 (small holding midfielder but he was a class above every other 23s player on the pitch and looks like he could handle the step up to 1st grade).

On the other games

Magics 19s got some very handy players by the looks of things and think they will go well this year .

1st grade ... I am sure both coaches will have been satisfied with the work out the players got as the game was played at a high tempo throughout and very unlike a pre season trial game (perhaps this was down to the Buds coaching staff and their Magic past ?

Ooh and yes canteen at Buds is good although the eggs were overly well done or perhaps me just being fussy Ha Ha

Imyourhero
18-02-2013, 12:03 PM
Maitland 1st vs Weston 1st Tuesday 19th Feb (tomorrow)
7pm, cooks square park

chocolate soldier
18-02-2013, 02:17 PM
some good early results from the adamstown boys, they must be coming along quite nicely

frankiechav
18-02-2013, 10:32 PM
Belswans v Dudley from Sunday

19's Belswans 1 Dudley 0
23's Belswans 0 Dudley 1
1st's Belswans 3 Dudley 0

RedMexican
18-02-2013, 10:40 PM
West Wallsend v Thornton this Sunday at Tomago

Rosebuds v ? this Saturday at Adamstown

Any other games on at this stage?

is vs lakes i believe.

Youaskedforit
19-02-2013, 08:52 AM
Stags lost all three grades to kincumber I believe

The Manager
19-02-2013, 09:47 AM
is vs lakes i believe.

Correct, Adamstown v Lake Macquarie City FC at Adamstown Oval on Saturday 23rd Feb 2013

U/19's 1.00pm
U/23's 2.30pm
Firsts 4.00pm

demon
19-02-2013, 12:43 PM
Rosebuds 23s 1 v Magic23s 1

Not sure of the name of the Magic 23s number 10 (small holding midfielder but he was a class above every other 23s player on the pitch and looks like he could handle the step up to 1st grade).

I was told his name but have forgotten but he actually is under 19's but will not be spending any time in that team for obvious reasons. Small but I don't think many opposition will catch him dwelling on the ball to take advantage of that.

The Manager
19-02-2013, 03:01 PM
I was told his name but have forgotten but he actually is under 19's but will not be spending any time in that team for obvious reasons. Small but I don't think many opposition will catch him dwelling on the ball to take advantage of that.

If I am thinking of the right player his name Jeremy Van Akerlaken, and he goes alright...

seldom
19-02-2013, 11:46 PM
he played 23s all of last year

goaliepersempre
20-02-2013, 07:31 AM
end result from Thornton's game vs Mayfield.

End result 3-1 Thornton

EH9
20-02-2013, 07:57 AM
If I am thinking of the right player his name Jeremy Van Akerlaken, and he goes alright...

Jeremy will be 21 this year.

Long ball Milligan
20-02-2013, 11:34 AM
Jeremy will be 21 this year.

Heard on good authority He has called it quits after that game

20-02-2013, 01:04 PM

Quit Magic or quit full stop ?

ilovesoccer
21-02-2013, 10:17 PM
Maitland vs Weston 1-1

The Manager
22-02-2013, 08:35 AM
Last night

Adamstown Rosebud 0 drew with Emerging Jets 0

22-02-2013, 11:42 AM
Maitland vs Weston 1-1

How did maitland go - This NewFM might be a bit tasty this year with Maitland , Adamstown looking strong and if West Wallsend get it right also looking at bouncing straight back up. Would be good for the league to see a 3way fight for NBN promotion rather than a one horse race.

22-02-2013, 11:43 AM
Last night

Adamstown Rosebud 0 drew with Emerging Jets 0

Close game ...... any more details ?

Imyourhero
22-02-2013, 11:45 AM
I watched westy play maitland last week....unless they do some serious recruiting in next 3 weeks i doubt they'll be in the promotion race. They were pretty poor, imo could easily not even be in top 4 if they do not vastly vastly improve.

demon
22-02-2013, 03:00 PM
I watched westy play maitland last week....unless they do some serious recruiting in next 3 weeks i doubt they'll be in the promotion race. They were pretty poor, imo could easily not even be in top 4 if they do not vastly vastly improve.

It was very much a trial game on both clubs that one though. Maitland used the interchange quite a bit and neither team had an actual 1st squad available due to the necessary time of the game.

Westy had 2 19's and 4 23's start and 2 subs were 23's speaking to Greg Smith afterwards and one of the Maitland officials is seemed to be both clubs had originally intended a serious trial bit once realised was not likely both took the opportunity to work on formation and look at fringe players.

Possibly better guids over coming weeks for both clubs, obviously the Weston game for Maitland, possibly the Thornton game for Westy will provide better.

And I think all clubs still have the hope of picking up one perhaps two more players each before the State Cup weekend.

The Manager
23-02-2013, 09:21 AM
All matches between Adamstown and Lakes at Adamstown Oval today have been called OFF due to the recent wet weather

Imyourhero
24-02-2013, 10:58 AM
Quite disappointing that we had the rain, there was a good abundance of trials this weekend and in this week.

demon
25-02-2013, 09:06 AM

Definately false rumour. Spoke with him myself about any possible moves and he is both happy at Magic but also they are willing to fit in with his work requirements so he does not see himself leaving in near future and definately will not be leaving in 2013.

EH9
25-02-2013, 09:16 AM
Any news on the Westy/Thornton trials yesterday?

demon
25-02-2013, 09:20 AM
Very disappointing Thornton v West Wallsend on Sunday

Westy were hit by Soundwave firstly, then by players being caught in Port Macq and not able to return and then on the day by players "calling in sick" (possibly read here 'thought game was off so got on the piss night before') and Thornton obviously don't have many music fans with it appeared a nearly full club turning out.

So became 2 grades not three with West Wallsend 1st Grade a blend of 23/1st Grade.

Thortnton - 2-1 I believe on the scoreline through one moment of poor defending by the right back of Westy allowing a free man on the back post but from a well placed cross by the Thornton guys.The second the keeper will be very disappointed in preseason or not getting under his body in what should have been a relatively easy save.

Both sides crying out for a definate striker and unless Westy have that could be an issue with 4 different young guys from the 23's tried in the position but really lacked that experience. Thornton really did not look like much up front either and after previous reports and seeing Sunday unless they were missing a front line to absentees will struggle to find the net often either in the season proper. Thortnon relying on a little too much 'in behind the defence' without having front guys with matching speed for my liking.

Yet to see either side ,I think, play a full srength serious game I think with the term presason still definately in their minds. Have not seen Thorntons upcoming schedule but the next week or so could give a better indication of West Wallsend with trials mid week and weekend for their 1st's and decisions being made on who might just be part of that mix.

Youaskedforit
25-02-2013, 09:31 AM

Westy were hit by Soundwave firstly, then by players being caught in Port Macq and not able to return and then on the day by players "calling in sick" (possibly read here 'thought game was off so got on the piss night before') and Thornton obviously don't have many music fans with it appeared a nearly full club turning out.

So became 2 grades not three with West Wallsend 1st Grade a blend of 23/1st Grade.

Thortnton - 2-1 I believe on the scoreline through one moment of poor defending by the right back of Westy allowing a free man on the back post but from a well placed cross by the Thornton guys.The second the keeper will be very disappointed in preseason or not getting under his body in what should have been a relatively easy save.

Both sides crying out for a definate striker and unless Westy have that could be an issue with 4 different young guys from the 23's tried in the position but really lacked that experience. Thornton really did not look like much up front either and after previous reports and seeing Sunday unless they were missing a front line to absentees will struggle to find the net often either in the season proper. Thortnon relying on a little too much 'in behind the defence' without having front guys with matching speed for my liking.

Yet to see either side ,I think, play a full srength serious game I think with the term presason still definately in their minds. Have not seen Thorntons upcoming schedule but the next week or so could give a better indication of West Wallsend with trials mid week and weekend for their 1st's and decisions being made on who might just be part of that mix.

Wouldnt chiefy be their striker ?
Wheres Dave Mcpherson gone ?

demon
25-02-2013, 09:33 AM
Club Responsibilities

I am really interested in everyone's opinions on these two scenarios and if they would be comfortable with them if they were the powers that be in their clubs. Both are real situations in NEW FM clubs this last week.

First is a Newcastle area based club, have signed an U19 player from Foster. He has his licence and will be leaving Foster 3 times a week at 4pm to travel to training, 6-8ish training then drive back home to Foster. Driving alone at that age on those roads.

I can understand the payer wanting to play highter than Foster may offer but upon meeting the kid mid week and hearing this I actually felt my stomach role when I considered the possible implications of this. Am I placing too much responsibility on the club in thinking this should have been given far more consideration? Perhaps even in conjunction with his parents to ensure it was a safe situation? How many players leave a session tired/weary but then to have a 100kph 90 min plus drive after that.....

Second one is an out of city game, North Coast, where the club has made no offer to put in place a coach. Now this club, as all out clubs, has a mix of U19's from varying backgrounds. If a players parents can't take the weekend off to have a forced expense of staying in Port Mac for the weekend the options are they then trust their child in a car driven by another U19's player (the situation I am aware of is a 17yo player, single parent can not get time of work and is now having to trust the 18yo P Plater they know only thruogh training to drive to Port Mac and back safely with 2 other yong footballers with him) any wonder the parent has very mixed emotions but the players have been told repeatedly by the club how important it is to attend that weekend both for games and bonding.

Now clubs who know they are planning weekend trips away, surely should be taking responsibility for their players safety to some degree (if not the damn cost of sending 20 plus odd cars all that way) and getting players or at least offering players an option of a coach/bus/mini bus???

And more interestingly.... what is the club expecting the U18's players do while everyone else is out drinking in licenced premises? Hardly a bonding night away for them I wouldn't think?

demon
25-02-2013, 09:39 AM
Wouldnt chiefy be their striker ?
Wheres Dave Mcpherson gone ?

not sure where Dave is playing at actually but haven't seen him at West Wallsend anyway.

Blake Glennie for the first 60 was dropping into a No 10 role just in behind but was falling into the trap of possibly trying to do a little too much at times, likely feeling he had to. Playing with such a young front two in that game meant some of his touches weren't being read as well as could have been. The final 30ish Westy went from a diamond to a flatter midfield which did see them take control far more.

Dean Holt would have normally been in front of him but was out with a back injury, fit his pace and finishing will create space for them though.

Imyourhero
25-02-2013, 10:15 AM
Some good upcoming trials this week (dependent on how well fields recover etc)
Maitland vs Lak Mac- tues 26th
Belmont vs Southy- tues 26th
Westy vs Toronto- thurs 28th
Westy vs Charlestown - sunday 3rd

Im sure we may also see some extras added to next weekend as the week goes.

Premy
25-02-2013, 11:17 AM
Belmont vs Southy- tues 26th
Is this Belmont ID1s or Bel-Swans or Valintine

Imyourhero
25-02-2013, 12:44 PM
belswans vs south cardiff

punter
25-02-2013, 09:06 PM

Demon i went there to watch some 23's players and westy couldn't field a side, All the thornton players were ready to go so it seemed to be a last minute call. You could be right about the soundwave or players caught in port macquarie but you would think westy would of known earlier than 5 minutes before the game that these players were not coming. I only caught the 1st half of the 1st game and did notice westy hit the cross bar off a corner i think but apart from that the whole game was played down the other end where i recond thornton could or should of scored 6 or 7.There was also a missed pen by thornton as well. This 1 sided game was pretty clear to me as i was at the club end, and i didnt see much action close to me. You are correct Thornton and westy looked like they need a player to get the ball in the net but i also noticed the keepers make some good saves. Cant comment on the 2nd half sorry.

demon
25-02-2013, 10:11 PM
Demon i went there to watch some 23's players and westy couldn't field a side.....you would think westy would of known earlier than 5 minutes before the game that these players were not coming.

I asked about this this evening Punter, what I was told was there were 3 players who started 19's and both bench players were from the expected starting line up of the 23s. By the time the 23's were due to start the 23's had 4 actual fresh players. All other would have been doubling up and that because of the humidity they were not going to risk players health.

The 23's/Assist coach was pretty pissed off apparently but kept his words to club officials not in public, they had 3 fresh starting line ups and the pull outs didn't begin to occur till that morning once it was confirmed games were still on.

For Westy the game on Thursday is 1st Grade only so the next actual test actual player commitment will be the weekend against Charlestown.

EH9
26-02-2013, 06:14 AM
Club Responsibilities

I am really interested in everyone's opinions on these two scenarios and if they would be comfortable with them if they were the powers that be in their clubs. Both are real situations in NEW FM clubs this last week.

First is a Newcastle area based club, have signed an U19 player from Foster. He has his licence and will be leaving Foster 3 times a week at 4pm to travel to training, 6-8ish training then drive back home to Foster. Driving alone at that age on those roads.

I can understand the payer wanting to play highter than Foster may offer but upon meeting the kid mid week and hearing this I actually felt my stomach role when I considered the possible implications of this. Am I placing too much responsibility on the club in thinking this should have been given far more consideration? Perhaps even in conjunction with his parents to ensure it was a safe situation? How many players leave a session tired/weary but then to have a 100kph 90 min plus drive after that.....

Second one is an out of city game, North Coast, where the club has made no offer to put in place a coach. Now this club, as all out clubs, has a mix of U19's from varying backgrounds. If a players parents can't take the weekend off to have a forced expense of staying in Port Mac for the weekend the options are they then trust their child in a car driven by another U19's player (the situation I am aware of is a 17yo player, single parent can not get time of work and is now having to trust the 18yo P Plater they know only thruogh training to drive to Port Mac and back safely with 2 other yong footballers with him) any wonder the parent has very mixed emotions but the players have been told repeatedly by the club how important it is to attend that weekend both for games and bonding.

Now clubs who know they are planning weekend trips away, surely should be taking responsibility for their players safety to some degree (if not the damn cost of sending 20 plus odd cars all that way) and getting players or at least offering players an option of a coach/bus/mini bus???

And more interestingly.... what is the club expecting the U18's players do while everyone else is out drinking in licenced premises? Hardly a bonding night away for them I wouldn't think?

This is a common issue among clubs in both NBN and NEW FM. I understand your concerns about a single kid doing this journey by themselves on those roads. I will bet with you that most clubs wouldn't worry about the repercussions of this issue. I know that several years ago Lakes had 7 players living in Forster and travelling down in 2 cars to train and play in various grades. After that season they then implemented a club policy that they would not register these players or others from that area unless they were moving to the local area, due to the same issues and concerns you have raised. At that time they set up a relationship with a club up there that had similar philosophies to park those players until such times that they moved to town for university or work etc.

The problem with is it that if these kids are desperate to play in this competition and have the quality then they will find a club who will not care, and I know of one that aggressively chased these kids to play for them the year after the above policy was implemented.

frankiechav
27-02-2013, 10:38 AM
Belswans U23's 3 v South Cardiff 4
Belswans 1st Grade 2 v South Cardiff 2
Under 19's play tonight (Wednesday)

demon
27-02-2013, 11:40 AM
Is Rosebuds weekend away game still on does anyone know or will they be having a hit out locally?

Youaskedforit
27-02-2013, 10:26 PM
Thornton 2 Toronto Awaba ID 0

Youaskedforit
28-02-2013, 10:13 PM
Westy 5 toronto Awaba 2

Imyourhero
28-02-2013, 10:26 PM
2 weeks out! Going to be a very interesting year!

demon
01-03-2013, 09:27 AM
Bit of stab in the dark but did anyone catch the end result of the U19's Rosebud score last night? I had to leave at 1-0 to Rosebuds.

demon
01-03-2013, 09:28 AM
Westy 5 toronto Awaba 2

Good turn around for Westy from the Thornton last weekend then.

demon
01-03-2013, 09:29 AM
Does anyone believe their trials will actually be played this weekend? I can't see the games I had planned to see going ahead so will be scratching to find something to watch I think.

Youaskedforit
01-03-2013, 10:11 AM
Good turn around for Westy from the Thornton last weekend then.

Either that or it reflects what sort of year toronto is going to have

Flint_tropics
06-03-2013, 02:38 PM
Did anyone catch the phoenix v belswans game last night ?

Beast
06-03-2013, 03:09 PM
Valo 23's won 7-0. Believe they missed a lot of chances as well

prawnhead
06-03-2013, 10:47 PM
Valo 23's won 7-0. Believe they missed a lot of chances as well

Did first grade play?

Youaskedforit
08-03-2013, 08:52 AM
Toronto Awaba ( Newfm ) defeated Dudley 2-1 with a last minute winner

ilovesoccer
10-03-2013, 02:54 PM
Maitland vs Hamilton Olympic at Cooks Square Park
19s: 4-0 maitland
23s: 3-2 Olympic

supasub
10-03-2013, 07:34 PM
U19 (Baby) stags won 6-4 against stags 23s apparently.

Magic 1-0 agisnt stags 1st grade.

Golden Goal Fan
10-03-2013, 09:16 PM
Toronto Awaba ( Newfm ) defeated Dudley 2-1 with a last minute winner
No Toronto were up 2 nil and Dudley scored towards the end.

Imyourhero
12-03-2013, 01:25 PM
NEWFM Kicks off this weekend!
Draw for round 1 is as follows (i have highlighted my tips);
West Wallsend V Singleton -DRAW
Maitland V Belmont Swansea
Cessnock V Thornton
Adamstown V Toronto

What does everybody else think the results will be?

demon
12-03-2013, 01:45 PM
Did anyone catch the State Cup matches, I got sidelined with an idiot builder at home and missed eveything. Not really worried about results just curious about how anyone thought any NewFM teams played.

prawnhead
12-03-2013, 01:50 PM
Cessnock V Thornton
Adamstown V Toronto

Westy
Draw
Cessnock
Adamstown

Bearlover
12-03-2013, 04:03 PM
Thornton Under 19's look impressive with a solid back 4 and pace on the flanks. Had a undefeated pre-season including wins over West Wallsend and Bel Swans as well as hard fought 0-0 draw against Maitland. Should make top 4.

ForeverRed
12-03-2013, 04:23 PM
After watching both Adamstown and Maitland, I think Maitland have their nose in front to start favourites , it's only early though, things could change

seldom
12-03-2013, 09:13 PM
After watching both Adamstown and Maitland, I think Maitland have their nose in front to start favourites , it's only early though, things could change

Jeez really...saw both clubs in the state Cup and I was much more impressed with Adamstown tbh...only my opinion though

Imyourhero
12-03-2013, 09:50 PM
Then again Southy is a harder opponent than Weston.
Weston just seemed like they weren't interested in that state cup match.

Zico
13-03-2013, 08:49 AM
Jeez really...saw both clubs in the state Cup and I was much more impressed with Adamstown tbh...only my opinion though
+1 Adamstown have some class players.

Youaskedforit
14-03-2013, 09:03 AM
heard last night Toronto Awaba ( newfm ) got beat by berkeley vale 5-1 maybe by even more.

But dave baillie didnt play.

demon
15-03-2013, 03:15 PM
Cessnock V Thornton
Adamstown V Toronto

Draw
Maitland
Draw
Adamstown

Good luck to all the players and thanks in advance to all the club volunteers who make sure the game get on week and after week.

EH9
15-03-2013, 05:51 PM
West Wallsend V Singleton - Westy
MaitlandV Belmont Swansea - Maitland
Cessnock V Thornton - Draw
Adamstown V Toronto - Adamstown

Jaf Jaf
15-03-2013, 10:52 PM
WESTY
MAITLAND
THORNTON (playing my joker here!)
ATOWN

seldom
16-03-2013, 12:39 AM
all draws except buds to beat stags

Heskey
17-03-2013, 02:33 PM
Adamstown vs Stags

19's Toronto 2-1

Huge upset in the under 19's comp, with the baby stags (consisting of mostly 16 and 17 year old kids) beat one of the front runners and defending champions Adamstown 2-1

23's Adamstown 4-0

Long year ahead for both first grade and 23's at Toronto.

Zico
17-03-2013, 03:29 PM
Any other scores?

ilovesoccer
17-03-2013, 03:57 PM
Maitland vs Belswans

19s 9-1
23s 2-0
1st 1-0 HT

Zico
17-03-2013, 03:57 PM
9-1, thats fkn huge.

demon
17-03-2013, 05:02 PM
Westy v singo

19s 6 2 to Westy
23a 1 0 to singo
1St 2 1 to Westy

RedMexican
17-03-2013, 05:31 PM
9-1, thats fkn huge.

went up and watched this game and maitland are one of the best 19's teams ive seen, their formation was always solid and they played out from the back.
their number 8 played well and scored 2 brilliant individual goals.
belswans goal was a bomb and the keeper had no chance, but it was only a constalation goal.

oneeye
17-03-2013, 06:30 PM
Heard Toronto 3-1 over Adamstown

Old Wise Man
17-03-2013, 06:59 PM
Adamstown vs Stags

19's Toronto 2-1

Huge upset in the under 19's comp, with the baby stags (consisting of mostly 16 and 17 year old kids) beat one of the front runners and defending champions Adamstown 2-1

23's Adamstown 4-0

Long year ahead for both first grade and 23's at Toronto.

Wow long year for Toronto 1st grade after beating Adamstown 3-1?

Does that mean Adamstowns year will go in to 2014???

18-03-2013, 02:51 PM
Was at Adamstown myself yesterday taking in the games and Toronto were a real surprise in 1st grade - although Adamstown had a man sent off after about 10 minutes Toronto keep the same game plan which looked like they were happy to sit in hit on the break. I must say that the back four of Toronto were solid and given they must have had a combined age of approx 150 years old Ha Ha I thought they handled a young fit Adamstown team very well and most probably deserved teh 3pts they left with.

Under 23s I thought Adamstown knocked teh ball about the pitch with ease and look like a handy outfit this year and in the 19s a late goal for Toronto was probably a bit lucky in securing a victory as a draw looked on reflection a fairer result.

Zico
18-03-2013, 03:32 PM
Who was sent off?

Off the bench
18-03-2013, 04:35 PM
Any word on Thornton and their new signings??

18-03-2013, 04:50 PM
Who was sent off?

Think it was the new guy they signed as I did not recognise him from last year .. Scott Thomas

Sideline
18-03-2013, 04:53 PM
Any word on Thornton and their new signings??
surely they have picked up a few players ???
have not heard around of anyone big but id imagine they would be better than last year and wanting to avoid the spoon

supasub
18-03-2013, 10:17 PM
surely they have picked up a few players ???
have not heard around of anyone big but id imagine they would be better than last year and wanting to avoid the spoon
Nath Macca.

Off the bench
19-03-2013, 07:04 AM
I see they didnt start real well down to cessnock in all 3 grades.

Zico
19-03-2013, 09:32 AM
Think it was the new guy they signed as I did not recognise him from last year .. Scott Thomas
Cranky old Thomo. He will be missed however long he is suspended.

Imyourhero
19-03-2013, 03:59 PM
Round 2

Toronto V Thornton
Belmont V Adamstown
Cessnock V Singleton
West Wallsend V Maitland

supasub
19-03-2013, 10:50 PM
My tips

1st
Toronto
Belswans
Cessnock
Maitland

U23
Thornton
Adamstown
Cessnock
Maitland

U19
Thornton
Belswans
Cessnock
Draw.

frankiechav
20-03-2013, 10:37 PM
The first round review on the NNSW website is a disgrace. It seems to have been written by a child. One of the quotes from the Maitland v Belswans game..... 'With kick off at 2.30pm Maitland had a positive match to seal the win and kickstart their 2013 campaign' It also suggested that this game was a convincing win by Maitland...yes it was 2-0 but having veiwed the game it was by no means 'convincing'. The Cessnock v Thornton game was 1 sentence regarding the game and it only involved the scoreline. Other game 'reviews' were similar. Only a few coaches were called upon for their ponit of view (how does that work?) rant rant rant....what is the point of a review unless it has some quality detail? On a positve note the officials were quality....the assistant at maitland flagged for a Belswans player to be off-side after a maitland player headed back towards his own goal...

Imyourhero
20-03-2013, 10:46 PM
Think the writers took "enter generic line here" TOO literally!

EH9
21-03-2013, 05:38 AM
The first round review on the NNSW website is a disgrace. It seems to have been written by a child. One of the quotes from the Maitland v Belswans game..... 'With kick off at 2.30pm Maitland had a positive match to seal the win and kickstart their 2013 campaign' It also suggested that this game was a convincing win by Maitland...yes it was 2-0 but having veiwed the game it was by no means 'convincing'. The Cessnock v Thornton game was 1 sentence regarding the game and it only involved the scoreline. Other game 'reviews' were similar. Only a few coaches were called upon for their ponit of view (how does that work?) rant rant rant....what is the point of a review unless it has some quality detail? On a positve note the officials were quality....the assistant at maitland flagged for a Belswans player to be off-side after a maitland player headed back towards his own goal...

Embarrassingly bad writing. This is my favourite from the write ups, if I had only read this paragraph I would certainly have made wrong assumptions:

"Having the home ground advantage saw Belmont struggle to get a point on the scoreboard in the first match, which left them behind, and empty handed at the conclusion of the game."

demon
21-03-2013, 09:59 AM
Toronto V Thornton
Belmont V Adamstown
Cessnock V Singleton ie a Draw
West Wallsend V Maitland

looking forward to heading down to see the Belmont game on Sat

EH9
21-03-2013, 10:05 AM
Toronto
Adamstown
Cessnock
Maitland

Elude
22-03-2013, 08:03 PM
Thornton
Adamstown
Draw
Maitland

Youaskedforit
23-03-2013, 04:41 PM
Thornton 3 Toronto Awaba 2 ft

Elude
23-03-2013, 05:56 PM
any other results or reviews?

Heskey
23-03-2013, 07:32 PM
Toronto vs Thornton

19's 1-5
23's 1-0
1st's 2-3

seldom
23-03-2013, 10:09 PM
Toronto vs Thornton

19's 1-5
23's 1-0
1st's 2-3

was actually down there viewing today.Didnt see 19s...23s very even trona diggin deep for the win.1sts trona should of been 4 or 5 up in the 1st half but missed chances allowed thornton back in the game and to their credit they took em. couple of stupid send offs ruined the game imo. Think trona will be in the top 4. Dave Bailey didnt play today.....big difference

Elude
24-03-2013, 08:55 AM
I disagree Seldom, I think that Thornton kept possession really well, and for the majority of the game the were on top. Toronto did apply pressure early in the game, but lacked the killer instinct and desire to win.

ForeverRed
24-03-2013, 12:52 PM
Score bel swans v Adamstown

seldom
24-03-2013, 01:11 PM
I disagree Seldom, I think that Thornton kept possession really well, and for the majority of the game the were on top. Toronto did apply pressure early in the game, but lacked the killer instinct and desire to win.

not sure what your disagreeing with ? I didnt even mention possession

ilovesoccer
24-03-2013, 04:55 PM
Just heard today's results:

Cessnock v Singleton
19s 4-0
23s 4-0
1st 5-2

West Wallsend vs Maitland
19s 1-2
23s 0-4
1st 0-3

demon
25-03-2013, 10:11 AM
Without wanting to start a bagging session on the guys in yellow (or pink or whatever they decide to wear) I'm curious to hear other peoples opinion of the refereeing these first few rounds. Esp for the 19's and 23's where we have the "upcoming" ones appearing.

I've now seen 3 full days of New FM and seen a broad selection of referees, and in those lower grades have seen some especially concerning mistakes being made by our officials. My one example I will give was from Rosebuds V Belmont but I could find 3-4 from each game I have seen so far.

2 defenders were running back towards their own corner flag just insode their 18 with the opposition player between but slightly in front. One defender has put both hands in the air and slowed down to be 2 paces behind now, the attacker has taken a poor touch and lost balance and stumbled across the remaining defenders path and the obvious tumble ensued the ball went out and the refree has halted play.

Now this was the interesting part, it was on the linesmans side so all occurred with the referres view only to the rear of the players.

The defender who took a fall has stood up and cleverly jogged away to the opposite side of the defence line while the referee has gone to his linesman. The defence began settling into their normal back 4 positions.

The referee has come away from the linesman and pulled his yellow card and shown it to the nearest defender (he was not involved at all in the incident and had actually been marking a different opposition player all together). Despite the player telling the referee there was no action by the referee to check that with the linesman, so he then booked the second defender who had pulled out of the fall well before the final touch by the attacker or the stumbling. And proceeded to award a penalty for a "push in the back" by of all people the second defender who had his hands in the air.

Now the number of things that went wrong with the decision are numerous, wrong decisions okay we all live with them but an entirely wrong player not invovled in the incident and the wrong player in the incident being the ones booked is a very poor result out of any official team.

And I say team because both linesman and referee were involved in those decisions. I understand we have a young group of officials being pushed thruogh by the Ref Association, they have their own issues with numbers etc. What I now question is, aside from a 5 min chat from an inspector (if one is in attendance) what is done to improve them. Their training is fitness based, I have never seen a camera with an inspector so that any form of video review can be done with the young refs and many are obviously too young to have played at the level they referee so have no experience to draw on?

I want these guys to be better referees, but they need more support than a report and a mark out of 20 to do so.

Imyourhero
25-03-2013, 08:57 PM
Yes, essential training seems to be lacking for young referees. The 23s game I watched had numerous offside calls made that weren't even close. Poor positioning from a young linesman cost many nice moves to be pulled up.

Youaskedforit
26-03-2013, 08:31 AM
Without wanting to start a bagging session on the guys in yellow (or pink or whatever they decide to wear) I'm curious to hear other peoples opinion of the refereeing these first few rounds. Esp for the 19's and 23's where we have the "upcoming" ones appearing.

I've now seen 3 full days of New FM and seen a broad selection of referees, and in those lower grades have seen some especially concerning mistakes being made by our officials. My one example I will give was from Rosebuds V Belmont but I could find 3-4 from each game I have seen so far.

2 defenders were running back towards their own corner flag just insode their 18 with the opposition player between but slightly in front. One defender has put both hands in the air and slowed down to be 2 paces behind now, the attacker has taken a poor touch and lost balance and stumbled across the remaining defenders path and the obvious tumble ensued the ball went out and the refree has halted play.

Now this was the interesting part, it was on the linesmans side so all occurred with the referres view only to the rear of the players.

The defender who took a fall has stood up and cleverly jogged away to the opposite side of the defence line while the referee has gone to his linesman. The defence began settling into their normal back 4 positions.

The referee has come away from the linesman and pulled his yellow card and shown it to the nearest defender (he was not involved at all in the incident and had actually been marking a different opposition player all together). Despite the player telling the referee there was no action by the referee to check that with the linesman, so he then booked the second defender who had pulled out of the fall well before the final touch by the attacker or the stumbling. And proceeded to award a penalty for a "push in the back" by of all people the second defender who had his hands in the air.

Now the number of things that went wrong with the decision are numerous, wrong decisions okay we all live with them but an entirely wrong player not invovled in the incident and the wrong player in the incident being the ones booked is a very poor result out of any official team.

And I say team because both linesman and referee were involved in those decisions. I understand we have a young group of officials being pushed thruogh by the Ref Association, they have their own issues with numbers etc. What I now question is, aside from a 5 min chat from an inspector (if one is in attendance) what is done to improve them. Their training is fitness based, I have never seen a camera with an inspector so that any form of video review can be done with the young refs and many are obviously too young to have played at the level they referee so have no experience to draw on?

I want these guys to be better referees, but they need more support than a report and a mark out of 20 to do so.

Better referees see/hear everything, i heard a thornton player got sent off for swearing/dissent against toronto on sunday, yet he wasnt the only one using foul language including one serial offender.

Send one off, send them all off, or none at all.

Anyone witness the above or Nathan Macs goal celebration ?

EH9
26-03-2013, 08:49 AM
Better referees see/hear everything, i heard a thornton player got sent off for swearing/dissent against toronto on sunday, yet he wasnt the only one using foul language including one serial offender.

Send one off, send them all off, or none at all.

Anyone witness the above or Nathan Macs goal celebration ?

Can't agree more with this. Start sending players off for language and disrespect of referree's ASAP

Disinterested Bystander
26-03-2013, 10:02 AM
Can't agree more with this. Start sending players off for language and disrespect of referree's ASAP

Absolutely, a few weeks of games finishing with 10/9/8 etc a side will turn around the attitude of players pretty quickly. Of course you'll have the morons up in arms, complaining that referees are 'ruining the game' by, shock horror, enforcing the laws of the game, but you can't please everyone.

Not a great segue, but a similar sort of thing happened in the shortlived Australian Rugby Championship. Referees cracked down hard on infringements at the ruck, which has really become a mess since professionalism in rugby, and handed out plenty of yellow cards in the opening rounds. The players quickly got the message that if they infringed at the ruck there was a good chance they'd spend 10 minutes in the bin and lo and behold the level of cynical play - clearly against the laws of the game - drastically reduced and led to a more open, contestable situation at the ruck. Basically, the game was better for the referees actually enforcing the laws, rather than worrying about 'ruining the spectacle'.

namwob99
26-03-2013, 10:24 AM
Yeah I'd just much rather them focus on this stuff rather than bike shorts being the right colour. Anyone else hear bout them cracking down on the colour tape you use on your socks having to be the same colour as your socks? What a waste of time and energy.

Imyourhero
26-03-2013, 02:41 PM
Feel sorry for the teams who have multiple coloured socks...what a joke!

Zico
26-03-2013, 02:43 PM
Yeah I'd just much rather them focus on this stuff rather than bike shorts being the right colour. Anyone else hear bout them cracking down on the colour tape you use on your socks having to be the same colour as your socks? What a waste of time and energy.
Surely not?

outsider
26-03-2013, 07:02 PM
Here we go again.2 weeks into the season and players are already blaming the referee for applying the correct criteria and following FIFA,NNSWFA and ID requirements regarding players equipment.Refer to Laws of the game 2013 edition.Law 4 Page 11 regarding players equipment.It sets out quite clearly what the requirements are regarding shorts,stockings,shinguards etc.Nothing new here except for the new ruling regarding tape on socks.The rest has been a requirement for many years and should be well known to players and coaches alike.Why then do players continually try and get round these rules(including jewellery)when they know that they are going to create problems for themselves and the referee.Why are the referees continually made out to be the problem when we are following directions from the ruling bodies.Referees should not have to continually police this-players should take responsibility for their own actions and equipment.
As to the inexperienced referees and assistants-Junior Branch referees are being used on early lines where available for training purposes and to try and increase numbers-however the actions of players and spectators puts a lot of these young referees off and many chose to stay in junior football.Training consists of practical sessions during weekly training,seminars,and referees assessors where available.The comment regarding video use is laughable-there is a cost factor involved(unless clubs like to purchase them)as well as people being available to use them.There is only so much time in a week and some of us do actually have lives and families outside football.We do what we can,when we can but players and clubs would make everyones lives easier by adhering to simple rules,particularly around equipment issues.If you get it right before you play then maybe we can all enjoy our day.Referees are just like players-most of us do what we do for enjoyment.

JCBT
26-03-2013, 07:25 PM
Here we go again.2 weeks into the season and players are already blaming the referee for applying the correct criteria and following FIFA,NNSWFA and ID requirements regarding players equipment.Refer to Laws of the game 2013 edition.Law 4 Page 11 regarding players equipment.It sets out quite clearly what the requirements are regarding shorts,stockings,shinguards etc.Nothing new here except for the new ruling regarding tape on socks.The rest has been a requirement for many years and should be well known to players and coaches alike.Why then do players continually try and get round these rules(including jewellery)when they know that they are going to create problems for themselves and the referee.Why are the referees continually made out to be the problem when we are following directions from the ruling bodies.Referees should not have to continually police this-players should take responsibility for their own actions and equipment.
As to the inexperienced referees and assistants-Junior Branch referees are being used on early lines where available for training purposes and to try and increase numbers-however the actions of players and spectators puts a lot of these young referees off and many chose to stay in junior football.Training consists of practical sessions during weekly training,seminars,and referees assessors where available.The comment regarding video use is laughable-there is a cost factor involved(unless clubs like to purchase them)as well as people being available to use them.There is only so much time in a week and some of us do actually have lives and families outside football.We do what we can,when we can but players and clubs would make everyones lives easier by adhering to simple rules,particularly around equipment issues.If you get it right before you play then maybe we can all enjoy our day.Referees are just like players-most of us do what we do for enjoyment.
I understand what you are saying and on most fronts I agree but the NBN and NEWFM ref's are on very good money to do what they enjoy.

Maybe the clubs should be told of the things that are going to be a target and then it's them who are responsible to stamp it out but in saying that, how pathetic are we getting if the colour of the tape on socks is an issue?

outsider
26-03-2013, 08:19 PM
The clubs are already aware of the requirements-not targets-they are already written in the Law Chart and have been regulations for several years and most are not new.The Federation has advised clubs about the FIFA requirement regarding the tape on socks which is not a requirement of the referees but something that we are required to enforce by Law.Instead of making this a big issue why dont you and the other players adhere to the requirements.How hard is it to get the same colour tape as your socks.It is the players responsibility to comply and should be done as a matter of course.Refereeing is hard enough without having to treat players like children just because they dont want to comply with the rules.

Bulldogs 1962
26-03-2013, 08:33 PM
The clubs are already aware of the requirements-not targets-they are already written in the Law Chart and have been regulations for several years and most are not new.The Federation has advised clubs about the FIFA requirement regarding the tape on socks which is not a requirement of the referees but something that we are required to enforce by Law.Instead of making this a big issue why dont you and the other players adhere to the requirements.How hard is it to get the same colour tape as your socks.It is the players responsibility to comply and should be done as a matter of course.Refereeing is hard enough without having to treat players like children just because they dont want to comply with the rules.

So what do you do when your socks are two different colours, if you can tell me where I buy tape like that I would really appreciate it

Disinterested Bystander
26-03-2013, 08:54 PM
So what do you do when your socks are two different colours, if you can tell me where I buy tape like that I would really appreciate it

I must have missed that passage in the Universal Declaration of Human rights that said players must be allowed to wear tape on their socks and should be able to choose whatever colour they want!
If the laws of the game say that tape must match the color of the socks buy the right colour tape or don't use anything. It ain't rocket surgery

Bulldogs 1962
26-03-2013, 09:22 PM
It's extremely funny that all you think that tape on a players socks is a major issue that refs need to police.

seldom
26-03-2013, 10:53 PM
I'd rather refs stop players wearin lime green boots

Cabaye#4
26-03-2013, 11:56 PM
I understand what you are saying and on most fronts I agree but the NBN and NEWFM ref's are on very good money to do what they enjoy.

Very good money??? Ha! You're joking.
NNSW referees are poorly paid compared to referees in other competitions that fall under the criteria of 'state league'.

Winner1
26-03-2013, 11:59 PM
For what they have to do it's good money. There are many who ref both days and comfortably live off that for a week....

ForeverRed
27-03-2013, 07:03 AM
NBN clubs pay out almost $700 for refs each week, that's a big deficit to start the day with

outsider
27-03-2013, 07:04 AM
For what they have to do it's good money. There are many who ref both days and comfortably live off that for a week....

There are less and less referees prepared to do both days-the money is average for a very long day doing 3 games.Have to be at ground 1 hour before first game,run 2 lines and 1 centre in all conditions for about $120 a day for New FM Youth referees which works out at $17 per hour-not including travelling,food and drink,petrol etc.How many players are required to play 3 games or be at the ground all day.They are required to put up with all the crap from players and spectators and keep a smile on their face while doing it.

Chadandkira12
27-03-2013, 07:51 AM
There are less and less referees prepared to do both days-the money is average for a very long day doing 3 games.Have to be at ground 1 hour before first game,run 2 lines and 1 centre in all conditions for about $120 a day for New FM Youth referees which works out at $17 per hour-not including travelling,food and drink,petrol etc.How many players are required to play 3 games or be at the ground all day.They are required to put up with all the crap from players and spectators and keep a smile on their face while doing it.

Well said outsider my dad use to be a ref and there is a shortage of refs because the money snt worth the abuse you cop all day

reserveGK22
27-03-2013, 09:16 AM
It's extremely funny that all you think that tape on a players socks is a major issue that refs need to police.

Its not a major issue, its just the laws of the game.
Look at every A league and FIFA game, players wear the correct tape on the socks, and they have outlawed sports socks of a different color that some players used to wear.

Same with when they banned jewellery, and mandated that shinguards must be worn.

$300 a weekend, if you are lucky? Surely you'd get more on the dole?

Winner1
27-03-2013, 09:30 AM
Actually NEWFM you're looking at $140 and some request to do WPL the other day because thats real easy money....and if the refs referee decently, they don't cop the abuse. But that is the problem, there are only about 5 quality referees I've seen. One did NEWFM last year but they might be upgrading to NBN this year and most players seemed to get along with them.

outsider
27-03-2013, 09:49 AM
Actually NEWFM you're looking at $140 and some request to do WPL the other day because thats real easy money....and if the refs referee decently, they don't cop the abuse. But that is the problem, there are only about 5 quality referees I've seen. One did NEWFM last year but they might be upgrading to NBN this year and most players seemed to get along with them.

Talking about standards-I have seen 6 NEWFM games this year (3 grades) and would have to say that the standard is lower than last year at the moment.To have to referee or watch these games for the money paid is a joke-I do not know of many referees earning $300 per weekend and they do not just get a WPL game automatically.In fact the appointments thus far indicate otherwise.The quality of the referees has improved over the last few years and if you are being fair you would have to agree.Yes I guess that I am biased the other way but I can also tell good football when I see it,and there hasn't been a lot to write home about so far.

outsider
27-03-2013, 09:52 AM
NBN clubs pay out almost $700 for refs each week, that's a big deficit to start the day with

Maybe they do but how much do they pay the players and coaches.The actual figure including the U17 game is $589.

outsider
27-03-2013, 09:53 AM

Not a major issue just a rule that is to be enforced.Not hard for players to comply to save everyone the hassles that it appears to be for some people.Socks and tape the same colour-how hard is it.

ForeverRed
27-03-2013, 10:41 AM
Maybe they do but how much do they pay the players and coaches.The actual figure including the U17 game is $589.
Almost $600, sorry

LINGERA
27-03-2013, 11:35 AM
They are required to put up with all the crap from players and spectators and keep a smile on their face while doing it.

This requirement is not being met thats for sure.

Sideline
27-03-2013, 07:58 PM
what games are on this weekend ?
predictions ?

cheers

Imyourhero
27-03-2013, 08:49 PM
Belswansv Westy
Maitland v Cessnock
Singleton v Toronto
Thornton v Adamstown

Elude
28-03-2013, 11:15 PM
Belswans-Westy, draw 0-0
Maitland-Cessnock, Maitland 3-1
Singleton-Toronto, I'd like to say singo(to see them get some points on the table) but I'm going to say Toronto 2-0
Thornton-Adamstown, draw 1-1

Imyourhero
28-03-2013, 11:56 PM
Very interesting tips.
Any results similar to what you've tipped would really shake up the competition.

Winner1
29-03-2013, 10:41 AM
Belswansv Westy, Westy 3-0
Maitland v Cessnock, Maitland 3-1
Singleton v Toronto, Toronto 3-0
Thornton v Adamstown, Adamstown 2-1

demon
29-03-2013, 09:37 PM
Interesting results and interesting clubs news from today.

Rosebuds U19's coach resigned citing "untenable position" meaning yet more changes for that squad who were only this week advertising for at least 2 additional players. This seems to have come from a deal of noticable tension between coaches recently.

Have also received sms with results today being Belmont v West Wallsend
U19's 1-0
U23's 2-2
1st 2-1

Not sure on details of games thou.

seldom
29-03-2013, 10:06 PM
Interesting results and interesting clubs news from today.

Rosebuds U19's coach resigned citing "untenable position" meaning yet more changes for that squad who were only this week advertising for at least 2 additional players. This seems to have come from a deal of noticable tension between coaches recently.

Have also received sms with results today being Belmont v West Wallsend
U19's 1-0
U23's 2-2
1st 2-1

Not sure on details of games thou.

my mail is this guy coached sth cardiff 19s last year and was sacked midseason

EH9
29-03-2013, 11:40 PM
He was the 19's assistant last year I believe

seldom
30-03-2013, 01:35 AM
apparently was shafted from lakes the year before(from what I hear).Won't mention his name but how do these so called coaches keep getting a gig

EH9
30-03-2013, 05:37 AM
They have the coaching qualifications that apparently ordain you as a quality coach! I have heard he also presents coaching courses for the federation, or did at one time.

ilovesoccer
31-03-2013, 04:20 PM
Maitland vs cessnock

1st grade 6-1 maitland
23s 1-1 draw
19s 3-0 maitland

outsider
31-03-2013, 04:56 PM
THORNTON V ADAMSTOWN

U19 5-5
U23 1-3
1st 1-7

supasub
31-03-2013, 06:47 PM
What were results for stags vs signo?

TAFC
31-03-2013, 09:04 PM
What were results for stags vs signo?

19s trono 2-0
23s trono 4-1
1st trono 5-3

supasub
01-04-2013, 08:17 AM
19s trono 2-0
23s trono 4-1
1st trono 5-3

Nice to see u19s and 1st grades bounce back from last week.

Sideline
01-04-2013, 05:56 PM
THORNTON V ADAMSTOWN

U19 5-5
U23 1-3
1st 1-7

After speaking with one of the Adamstown boys i heard 15 goals plus it should of been in the 1st grd match some crackers were scored apparently

ForeverRed
01-04-2013, 06:33 PM
After speaking with one of the Adamstown boys i heard 15 goals plus it should of been in the 1st grd match some crackers were scored apparently
Still have my money on Maitland , defensively they appear better, but a long way to go, been wrong before

Imyourhero
01-04-2013, 08:07 PM
Some cracking results so far.
If the competition continues the way it has been so far the competition should be wide open for any team to seize the advantage.
There is going to be some very crucial games coming up that should shape the competition.

Getting in early with my tips for next week;
Adamstown vs Singo
Toronto vs Maitland
Thornton vs Belswans - Draw
Cessnock vs Westy

EH9
01-04-2013, 09:33 PM
When is the first competition decider between Maitland and Adamstown?

Imyourhero
01-04-2013, 10:31 PM
Round 9 and 20

Winner1
01-04-2013, 11:17 PM
Some cracking results so far.
If the competition continues the way it has been so far the competition should be wide open for any team to seize the advantage.
There is going to be some very crucial games coming up that should shape the competition.

Getting in early with my tips for next week;
Adamstown vs Singo
Toronto vs Maitland
Thornton vs Belswans - Draw
Cessnock vs Westy

The comp wide open for anyone to seize?? Hardly believe so after seeing all teams play. Maitland look too strong in 19s and 1st, 23s may be a closer comp

Imyourhero
01-04-2013, 11:28 PM
Early days! I just don't think any team will 100% cruise through the comp, there will be many tough games played between the top teams.

demon
02-04-2013, 11:36 AM
THORNTON V ADAMSTOWN

U19 5-5
U23 1-3
1st 1-7

I sat through quite a bit of these games:

U19's was not a skillful example of 2 attacking teams. Both keepers had serious flaws in their games and especially Adamstowns lack of being able to catch a ball without needing a second or third attampt to actually hold it will continue to be punished all season long!!! A few defensive lapses on both sides and a few decent attacking moves. But generally a disappointing game from both sides really.

U23's Rosebuds dominated far more than scoreline appears. With two U19's backing up in starting lineup and another 2 as the bench (All of whom showed quite capable of bettering their Thornton opponents) this really was an average showing by Thornton and definately showed a lack of depth for their 1st grade for the season.

1st was even worse.... 2 nil down after 8 mins Thronton were never in the game. After 15 mins Carter's only involvement was shouting at his team mates, as they jogged back after scoring their third, not to slacken off. On corners Thornton looked terrible, poor choices from their keeper was not helping a situation where they were being easily dominated either. Only plus I found was that Thornton had ample volunteers at the ground for the day. On the field there was nothing to be happy, impressed or positive in the future over. The foot was off the pedel for Rosebuds even before half time, this could have been the chance to really hammer home a goal difference early into the season (and by that I mean 10 plus was not out of the questions mid way through the first half if the continued at that early pace).

The facility........ it would seem the promises made when kept in New Fm are not being kept with any real speed. No parking, no covered seating (and no guys a few chairs in front of the beer window does not count as covered seating and in fact there is hardly any seating of any sort full stop in fact, cricket pitch had fresh top soil covering about 7-8 squares metres at either end. IF that ground cant be made into a football field then the club should be given a choice/chance to move to a ground they can work with or to drop down and allow a club willing to move forward on their facilities into the competition.

No club is expected to do things in one season but the clubs like Thronton and Belmont seem to have made so little progress full stop from season to season in even trying to meet any of the required improvements. After seeing Belmont and now Thornton 2 weeks in a row I am nearly ready to feel sorry for clubs like Mayfield, who voluntered to be dropped from 2nd to 3rd Div when the critieria was first proposed becasue they knew there was no way they could meet such needs as covered seating, score boards, parking etc, when I now see clubs that have been given the opportunity yet seem to be have done so little in nearly 20 years in Belmonts case.

Zico
02-04-2013, 01:04 PM
I sat through quite a bit of these games:

U19's was not a skillful example of 2 attacking teams. Both keepers had serious flaws in their games and especially Adamstowns lack of being able to catch a ball without needing a second or third attampt to actually hold it will continue to be punished all season long!!! A few defensive lapses on both sides and a few decent attacking moves. But generally a disappointing game from both sides really.

U23's Rosebuds dominated far more than scoreline appears. With two U19's backing up in starting lineup and another 2 as the bench (All of whom showed quite capable of bettering their Thornton opponents) this really was an average showing by Thornton and definately showed a lack of depth for their 1st grade for the season.

1st was even worse.... 2 nil down after 8 mins Thronton were never in the game. After 15 mins Carter's only involvement was shouting at his team mates, as they jogged back after scoring their third, not to slacken off. On corners Thornton looked terrible, poor choices from their keeper was not helping a situation where they were being easily dominated either. Only plus I found was that Thornton had ample volunteers at the ground for the day. On the field there was nothing to be happy, impressed or positive in the future over. The foot was off the pedel for Rosebuds even before half time, this could have been the chance to really hammer home a goal difference early into the season (and by that I mean 10 plus was not out of the questions mid way through the first half if the continued at that early pace).

The facility........ it would seem the promises made when kept in New Fm are not being kept with any real speed. No parking, no covered seating (and no guys a few chairs in front of the beer window does not count as covered seating and in fact there is hardly any seating of any sort full stop in fact, cricket pitch had fresh top soil covering about 7-8 squares metres at either end. IF that ground cant be made into a football field then the club should be given a choice/chance to move to a ground they can work with or to drop down and allow a club willing to move forward on their facilities into the competition.

No club is expected to do things in one season but the clubs like Thronton and Belmont seem to have made so little progress full stop from season to season in even trying to meet any of the required improvements. After seeing Belmont and now Thornton 2 weeks in a row I am nearly ready to feel sorry for clubs like Mayfield, who voluntered to be dropped from 2nd to 3rd Div when the critieria was first proposed becasue they knew there was no way they could meet such needs as covered seating, score boards, parking etc, when I now see clubs that have been given the opportunity yet seem to be have done so little in nearly 20 years in Belmonts case.
Belmont Swansea will be waiting for the VPFC merger for the money to do ground developments. I maybe wrong (more often than not I am) but from what I've seen and heard Thornton are a club with a pub side mentality.

goaliepersempre
02-04-2013, 10:51 PM
No Parking its next to a shopping center for godsake... and it was sunday? so wouldnt have had many people there anyways... They have spend alot of money on the fence last season, and plans are in place for a grandstand to be built. The cricket pitch comes down hard to the when cricket finishes and soccer starts and if there is any weeks in between. I havent seen the surface this year but usually it is good, apart from the pitch. (better than singo anyways)..

Its a different ground and yes cant compare to rosebuds, but really not many clubs can.... Effort is being put in to improve, but easier said than done, finances and councils...

frankiechav
03-04-2013, 02:09 PM
Belswans have lots of parking around the outside of the pitch, plus Demon, you obviously haven't seen or been in the new changing room/referee facility that has been added. The pitch may not be in the greatest shape but there won't be many games on tonight after this rain.....

supasub
04-04-2013, 10:43 AM
"Sunday 7 April Toronto Awaba FC V Maitland FC Blacksmiths Oval 2.30pm"

Da Faq?!

Imyourhero
04-04-2013, 02:12 PM
At least the game should be on because blacksmiths is 90% sand haha

supasub
04-04-2013, 02:55 PM
At least the game should be on because blacksmiths is 90% sand haha

But why is it located there, typo in the draw? Or is that Toronto's home ground for that weekend, represenitive of Toronto, please comment.

TAFC
04-04-2013, 05:41 PM
But why is it located there, typo in the draw? Or is that Toronto's home ground for that weekend, represenitive of Toronto, please comment.

No typo! There are ground works at Peacock this month which prevents the pitch from being available. Toronto is the home team this weekend at Blacksmiths Oval.

demon
06-04-2013, 12:58 PM
Belswans have lots of parking around the outside of the pitch, plus Demon, you obviously haven't seen or been in the new changing room/referee facility that has been added. The pitch may not be in the greatest shape but there won't be many games on tonight after this rain.....

Can't comment on home or deferred sheds but the twice I have been inside away sheds this season neither were impressive. Far too small, if that is deemed the concept of a senior dressing room they would have been better waiting until they had funds to make it a suitable size for that division.

ilovesoccer
06-04-2013, 09:06 PM
Heard Adamstown beat Singleton 12-0 today.
This comp is a joke!

Imyourhero
06-04-2013, 09:11 PM
That's crazy.
Any singo representatives on here? Surely you couldn't have played a 100% side?

seldom
06-04-2013, 11:55 PM
Heard Adamstown beat Singleton 12-0 today.
This comp is a joke!

you're not wrong ...ffs 12 nil

EH9
07-04-2013, 07:26 AM
Comp is a joke whilst the Federation stick to this nonsense of having teams cover areas of the hunter valley. Singo have never won any competition in any grade, that I can recall, and more often than not get these touch ups when they play the elite on or 2 teams in the league.

I vote to push this seasons top 2 from NEW FM up to NBN to make a 12 team comp, then promote enough teams from ID's to make another 12 team comp and then we won't have such lopsided results.

Imyourhero
07-04-2013, 09:30 AM
Comp is a joke whilst the Federation stick to this nonsense of having teams cover areas of the hunter valley. Singo have never won any competition in any grade, that I can recall, and more often than not get these touch ups when they play the elite on or 2 teams in the league.

I vote to push this seasons top 2 from NEW FM up to NBN to make a 12 team comp, then promote enough teams from ID's to make another 12 team comp and then we won't have such lopsided results.

Good idea. 12 teams- 24 rounds plus finals, this is what we need.
Simply just don't play enough games in upper australian comps (including A-league)

Golden Goal Fan
07-04-2013, 10:33 AM
Good idea. 12 teams- 24 rounds plus finals, this is what we need.
Simply just don't play enough games in upper australian comps (including A-league)

Doesn't this just sound like the competition before the state league and newfm where remodelled 3 seasons ago???
Azzuri and lake macquarie relegated. Oh wait back in the state league.

Thornton relegated oh wait back in the newfm (without specific explanation, that i'm aware of)

What they have created is a higher standard in the division below the newfm due to players not wanting to play for clubs that aren't close to home, and having to play sub par teams in the valley.

ForeverRed
07-04-2013, 11:17 AM
Not enough talent to have a12 team comp, would only split in half like newfm does now, believe me I've seen it before

De-Champ
07-04-2013, 02:17 PM
Not enough talent to have a12 team comp, would only split in half like newfm does now, believe me I've seen it before

Yes there is. Talent or lack ther of, however you look at it is not an issue. The biggest problem is that all the talent is concentrated in two/three clubs. When was the last time some one other than Magic. Olympic or Edgeworth won the title. By title I mean first past the post not the grand final.

Beast
07-04-2013, 02:43 PM
. When was the last time some one other than Magic. Olympic or Edgeworth won the title. By title I mean first past the post not the grand final.[/QUOTE]

Over the last few years with these teams winning the title, how many of there squad were their clubs juniors, i mean played for that club for a couple of years previous to making first grade. I guess my question is if these clubs are so dominate are they strong through there own development of junior players of through the $ or promises in scouting experienced senior players from other teams. Or is this to hard to quantify.

ForeverRed
07-04-2013, 03:51 PM
Weston won it 2 years ago

ForeverRed
07-04-2013, 03:54 PM
Edgy and olympic always buy there squads that's common knowledge, some clubs develope

De-Champ
07-04-2013, 04:16 PM
Weston won it 2 years ago

Thry won the grand final, did they come first?

ForeverRed
07-04-2013, 05:45 PM
Yes, like beast said

ilovesoccer
07-04-2013, 05:49 PM
Toronto vs maitland at blacksmiths

19s 3-1 Maitland
23s 4-1 Maitland
1st 2-0 Maitland

Zico
07-04-2013, 08:02 PM
No they won it.

ilovesoccer
07-04-2013, 08:41 PM
They did neither... Edgy beat them in the grand final

Zico
07-04-2013, 08:46 PM
They did neither... Edgy beat them in the grand final
They won the first past the post. Edgy won the Grand Final 4-2 after finishing the regular season in 2nd spot!

CStein
07-04-2013, 09:12 PM
They won the first past the post. Edgy won the Grand Final 4-2 after finishing the regular season in 2nd spot!

Correct

wannabe
07-04-2013, 10:14 PM
Edgy and olympic always buy there squads that's common knowledge, some clubs develope

Another one of your great its common knowledge that edgy and Olympic buy THEIR squads comments while others develop statements foreverRed.Surprised you didn't mention magic or lakes as well.EVERY club buys their squads.Lets look at your side,we all know your involved with or support Southy.
Mick Stafford-recruited from Dudley?
Bures-magic?
Pratt-Phoenix?
Korotich-Olympic?
Gazzard-Olympic?
Dino faj-Olympic?
Dennis faj-Phoenix?
Brad waters-magic?
Now before you blowup I am not picking on Southy,as I said,everyone buys their squads

wannabe
07-04-2013, 10:18 PM
Yes there is. Talent or lack ther of, however you look at it is not an issue. The biggest problem is that all the talent is concentrated in two/three clubs. When was the last time some one other than Magic. Olympic or Edgeworth won the title. By title I mean first past the post not the grand final.

I think lakes may have won it mid 2000s,other than that it has been magic edgy or Weston over the last 10 years.Last year was the first time Olympic have ever won the premiership

ForeverRed
08-04-2013, 06:58 AM

Another one of your great its common knowledge that edgy and Olympic buy THEIR squads comments while others develop statements foreverRed.Surprised you didn't mention magic or lakes as well.EVERY club buys their squads.Lets look at your side,we all know your involved with or support Southy.
Mick Stafford-recruited from Dudley?
Bures-magic?
Pratt-Phoenix?
Korotich-Olympic?
Gazzard-Olympic?
Dino faj-Olympic?
Dennis faj-Phoenix?
Brad waters-magic?
Now before you blowup I am not picking on Southy,as I said,everyone buys their squads
All the players you mention we're not first graders or playing first grade, Steve Piggott developed these players into first graders, along with nick Russell & Daniel Johnson , the reason I did mention other clubs was because they were not mentioned in the original post, edgeworth have never cared for juniors until NNSWF put scare into them last season with the rules of the new NCR, some coaches believe they are good coaches because they win trophies, my mum could coach some of these squads put together by some clubs, Gary Wilson has finally realised he can coach and is embarking on promoting youth instead of window shopping and failing, well done Gary, maybe Steve Piggott had a word in his ear

pv4
08-04-2013, 07:31 AM
Dino faj-Olympic?

started his state league career at lakes iirc

Swanky
08-04-2013, 07:59 AM
started his state league career at lakes iirc

Started at Olympic then Lakes then returned to Olympic before heading to South Cardiff

EH9
08-04-2013, 08:07 AM
Stafford, Dennis Faj and Brad Waters were all first graders at their clubs prior to moving to Southy

ForeverRed
08-04-2013, 08:21 AM
Stafford was playing z grade, Faj played maybe 2 games of the bench and Walters was playing reserve grade, FFS, south Cardiff are not the ones buying trophies, they prefer to win them, look at the turn over of first graders at other clubs and then you will understand