thistle07
11-08-2013, 10:41 PM
Dudley v cooks hill
1st 4-2
Res 0-1
Three 3-3

Hotline
12-08-2013, 12:36 PM
Well there is certainly interest at the top and the bottom of the table. According to 'socceraust' Warners Bay beat New Lambton 1-0. Can anyone confirm this?

United
12-08-2013, 02:16 PM
Well there is certainly interest at the top and the bottom of the table. According to 'socceraust' Warners Bay beat New Lambton 1-0. Can anyone confirm this?

I was told by a reliable source 1-0 was the result to Warners Bay

DCSPORTS
12-08-2013, 10:56 PM
Can someone please Explain how the zpl finals go? and venues..

Footballismyreligion
12-08-2013, 11:52 PM
Bozmanaut you piece of dogshit tell this lad bout the finals serious for zpl

Rocko
13-08-2013, 10:03 AM
Can someone please Explain how the zpl finals go? and venues..

Pretty sure it was already posted that that the grand final will be at Edgeworth

boz-monaut
13-08-2013, 10:17 AM
why am I getting called a piece of dogshit?

why shouldn't this user be banned?

what is a finals serious?

why can't anyone read back to where I posted the grand final fixture?

why are local forum posters like this?

Pierre Essers
13-08-2013, 10:33 AM
I think the spelling of Final Serious has answered the question of their competence.

Either that or he is seeking some info on Yahoo...

Hotline
13-08-2013, 05:33 PM
What catchups are scheduled this week/weekend guys?

Shere Khan
14-08-2013, 09:50 AM
Cardiff v Barnsley
Sat
Also Cardiffs Old Boys Day

Butt
14-08-2013, 09:53 AM
Cardiff v Barnsley
Sat
Also Cardiffs Old Boys Day

Do games start half hour earlier?

idontwannaplaywithhowey
14-08-2013, 11:09 AM
Semi's are pretty simple.
2 legs- 1v 4 and 2 v 3 ...Winner of aggregate goes to the GF.
Venues will be decided by final placings in First Grade, home and away legs for the 2 clubs involved.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
14-08-2013, 11:11 AM
This is true.
1-0 WB in firsts
1-1 reggies
1-0 WB in thirds/23's.

Shere Khan
14-08-2013, 03:32 PM
Do games start half hour earlier?

Thirds and Reggies start half hour early Firsts stay same. Old boys kick in between Reggies and First.

DCSPORTS
14-08-2013, 03:32 PM
Haha Cheers! @Boz-monaut Im pretty sure that it is a fake account, He said he plays for 1 team but Ive seen the account commenting on another forum talking the same shit and claiming he plays for another team as well. Perhaps someone you've banned?

DCSPORTS
14-08-2013, 03:34 PM
and btw I knew where the Grand final was being held, I just didn't know about the finals fixtures (thankyou very much) SO going back and reading where it is going to be held is pointless..

boz-monaut
14-08-2013, 03:39 PM
do you understand what an IP address is?

howardyou
14-08-2013, 07:10 PM
do you understand what an IP address is?

Ha Ha! I don't think he does Boz. He'd better google it now.

Premy
14-08-2013, 09:21 PM
Question for anyone from New Lambton.
Next year Adamstown will be in the NPL part of the NPL criteria is you need ground exclusivity also you need
U/13
U/14
U/15
U/16
U/18
U/20
1st
That's 7 games
Adamstown will need Adamstown No1 for 2 day a fortnight I can't see New Lambton playing there next year, where will the Eagles be playing next year?

howardyou
14-08-2013, 10:36 PM
Next year Adamstown will be in the NPL part of the NPL criteria is you need ground exclusivity also you need
U/13
U/14
U/15
U/16
U/18
U/20
1st
That's 7 games
Adamstown will need Adamstown No1 for 2 day a fortnight I can't see New Lambton playing there next year, where will the Eagles be playing next year?

The Council owns the ground - not Adamstown Rosebuds.

Rocko
14-08-2013, 11:00 PM
Anyone have results for Dudley and Warner's bay game tonight?

DCSPORTS
14-08-2013, 11:41 PM
First grade 1-1
23s 3-0 warners bay

idontwannaplaywithhowey
15-08-2013, 10:44 AM
U/13
U/14
U/15
U/16
U/18
U/20
1st
That's 7 games

Howey is right, its a council ground and New Lambton have invested heavily in the facilities (along with Adamstown mens and womens teams).
Ultimately it is a council decision, and New Lambton have held ongoing discussions about our future at Adamstowen Oval. No answers as yet, just ongoing dialogue with the council.

Guiltykeep
17-08-2013, 07:02 PM
Cardiff vs Barnsley
23s 0-4
Res 1-2
1st 2-0
Makes for a great final round with the battle for 4th place

Jardelsimage
18-08-2013, 07:39 PM
any scores from catch up's today
will somebody from Dudley or warners bay update the scores on sporting pulse

ForeverRed
18-08-2013, 07:43 PM
any scores from catch up's today
will somebody from Dudley or warners bay update the scores on sporting pulse

Eagles up 1 nil, very entertaining day at Dudley old boys day plus spider jones memorial trophy up for grabs, eagles deserved all points and should of won easier

Socceraust
18-08-2013, 08:00 PM
Table here
http://www.socceraust.co.uk/2013/NNSW/ZPL/table122.html

front2
18-08-2013, 08:17 PM
Eagles up 1 nil, very entertaining day at Dudley old boys day plus spider jones memorial trophy up for grabs, eagles deserved all points and should of won easier

What's goin on here. Dudley go from a big win against competition heavyweights Cooks Hill to being beaten by the teams coming last and second last respectively. All this in just 7 days. Maybe Thistle can put forward a response?

Shere Khan
18-08-2013, 09:27 PM
Massive weekend coming. 1st and 4th decided on Sat and relegation on Sun.
Good luck to all.

Keep the long balls short
19-08-2013, 12:08 PM
Howey is right, its a council ground and New Lambton have invested heavily in the facilities (along with Adamstown mens and womens teams).
Ultimately it is a council decision, and New Lambton have held ongoing discussions about our future at Adamstowen Oval. No answers as yet, just ongoing dialogue with the council.

Thats the funniest thing I have read in sometime ... What part of the new training ground and floodlights did New Lambton pay for ???

What part of the $10'000 worth of soil this year did New Lambton pay for ?

Good club the Eagles and do an amazing job for the juniors in Newcastle but investment in Adamstown NO1 ground ????? Your having a laugh..

idontwannaplaywithhowey
19-08-2013, 04:12 PM
Thats the funniest thing I have read in sometime ... What part of the new training ground and floodlights did New Lambton pay for ???

What part of the $10'000 worth of soil this year did New Lambton pay for ?

Good club the Eagles and do an amazing job for the juniors in Newcastle but investment in Adamstown NO1 ground ????? Your having a laugh..

New Lambton didn't invest in the training ground as it is solely used by Adamstown and was completely their initiative (good on them for that). We utilise other training facilities, hence there was no request or expectation that we would spend money on something that solely benefits another club.

In terms of the floodlights, New Lambton have invested in them periodically over the years (at the exact same rate as Adamstown).

Other initiatives such as concreting and building the beer shed in the last couple of years have been equal partnerships between Adamstown and New Lambton, as have been all of the facilities within the canteen (such as new fridges etc).

Not really interested in getting in a slanging match about it as we will discuss the ground use with the appropriate people (ie/ Newcastle City Council) and they are well aware of the investment that that we (and other clubs )have made in the ground (moreso than people on this forum id hope).

howardyou
19-08-2013, 06:18 PM
New Lambton didn't invest in the training ground as it is solely used by Adamstown and was completely their initiative (good on them for that). We utilise other training facilities, hence there was no request or expectation that we would spend money on something that solely benefits another club.

In terms of the floodlights, New Lambton have invested in them periodically over the years (at the exact same rate as Adamstown).

Other initiatives such as concreting and building the beer shed in the last couple of years have been equal partnerships between Adamstown and New Lambton, as have been all of the facilities within the canteen (such as new fridges etc).

Not really interested in getting in a slanging match about it as we will discuss the ground use with the appropriate people (ie/ Newcastle City Council) and they are well aware of the investment that that we (and other clubs )have made in the ground (moreso than people on this forum id hope).

Good response.

demon
20-08-2013, 05:13 PM

While I personally hope NL do stay, that was certainly NOT the words being spoken by Adamstown officals 2 weeks ago when I was talking to them prior to their last home game of the season. They see 2014 as it returning to Rosebuds for their NBN and Herald Womens commitments and that the increase in matches will be enough to have the ground to themselves. Slightly arrogant attitude in my opinion which is why I'd like to see NL stay now.

DCSPORTS
20-08-2013, 08:26 PM
What date will the first leg of the semi finals be held?? Thanks. (Now Bozmonaut before you throw your 5 cents in *read* that I said '-finals date' Not where is the Grand final being held- So please don't respond with a pointless comment)

ForeverRed
20-08-2013, 09:14 PM
While I personally hope NL do stay, that was certainly NOT the words being spoken by Adamstown officals 2 weeks ago when I was talking to them prior to their last home game of the season. They see 2014 as it returning to Rosebuds for their NBN and Herald Womens commitments and that the increase in matches will be enough to have the ground to themselves. Slightly arrogant attitude in my opinion which is why I'd like to see NL stay now.

Fortunately Adamstown don't make the decisions on who and doesn't play there, new lambton deserve to play there as much as Adamstown , it was them who came across after newcastle council came calling for another tenant so this facility wasn't under utilised, the woman play their 4 times a year and contribute nothing, go the eagles

NWM
22-08-2013, 01:35 PM
The Council owns the ground - not Adamstown Rosebuds.

Cannot believe there is still someone that trust's the council... As was stated for State league requirements. It is impossible for the eagles to stay there. The council will toy the club along and then say their hands are tied.

ForeverRed
22-08-2013, 02:06 PM
Cannot believe there is still someone that trust's the council... As was stated for State league requirements. It is impossible for the eagles to stay there. The council will toy the club along and then say their hands are tied.

The 13,14,15, 17 can play Saturday , 19, 22 & first can play Sunday, eagles can play following week with the woman, not that hard to work out

Keep the long balls short
22-08-2013, 07:32 PM
So much bitterness towards Adamstown ForeverRed and not the first time .

How anyone take you serious beats me

It was only a passing comment - buy a mirror and then you can argue with yourself

PS, I hope the eagles stay up as previously states they are a fine club.

My view stands that they should move to alder park and grow the club.

ForeverRed
22-08-2013, 07:52 PM

It was only a passing comment - buy a mirror and then you can argue with yourself

wtf,what bitterness, havent bagged anyone buddy, just showing how simple it is to sort out, give yourself an upper cut, fair dinkum

front2
22-08-2013, 08:13 PM

Moving to their training base at Alder Pk sounds about right. After all the ground is situated in New Lambton. I noticed a fair amount of work going into the change room facilities recently.

Jardelsimage
23-08-2013, 04:47 PM

what about Novocastrian, don't there juniors play there?
FR stop bagging, you bitter twisted man.

ForeverRed
23-08-2013, 05:55 PM
wheres my beer ticket jardel

Retro Jet
23-08-2013, 09:59 PM
The 13,14,15, 17 can play Saturday , 19, 22 & first can play Sunday, eagles can play following week with the woman, not that hard to work out

Just out of curiosity, how does that proposal of usage compare with the current winter usage of this season?

punter
23-08-2013, 10:44 PM
Just out of curiosity, how does that proposal of usage compare with the current winter usage of this season?
If new Lambton have invested time and money into the ground let em stay there.
Adamstown could always offer new Lambton 50 grand to leave. Depends on how much Adamstown want new Lambton gone.... Start the talks

hawk
24-08-2013, 09:33 AM

since the juniors took over novos there's no room for any other cvnt

Two tone
24-08-2013, 10:21 AM
What a great last round with 1st, 4th and the spoon all being decided this weekend, all the best for all teams.

The eagles have a lot of talking to do in the off season, as I remember it to play in state league the criteria states you (Adamstown)need to be the sole football tenant but other codes can use it? I would rather share a ground with another football club, than share with another code. The eagles need to get a hold and read the state league criteria as it may be out of the councils hands? It maybe a council ground but you are playing football under northern. Hey I hate all this politics. But it has been years since I had anything to do with a club.

Two tone
24-08-2013, 06:05 PM
Congrats to uni 36 points for taking the minor, Cookshill 35 points taking second.

Jardelsimage
24-08-2013, 06:47 PM
Swansea v Cardiff
3rd-0-1
res-3-0
1st-1-2

hawk
24-08-2013, 07:42 PM
Swansea v Cardiff
3rd-0-1
res-3-0
1st-1-2

tigers into the knockout tourny for at least 1 week w00t

Retro Jet
24-08-2013, 09:15 PM
Cooks Hill v Mayfield
Athfield
1st C/Hill 4 v Mayfield 0 (3-0 HT)
Res C/Hill 2 v Mayfield 0
3rd C/Hill 3 v Mayfield 0

Retro Jet
24-08-2013, 09:23 PM
Swansea v Cardiff
3rd-0-1
res-3-0
1st-1-2

tigers into the knockout tourny for at least 1 week w00t

Actually Hawk me ol' mate, it's 2 (legs) I just doubled your beer quota :tongue: ; even tripled if Tigers win!
Tigers v Uni at Cardiff next weekend, Ray Watt the week after.

hawk
24-08-2013, 10:10 PM
Actually Hawk me ol' mate, it's 2 (legs) I just doubled your beer quota :tongue: ; even tripled if Tigers win!
Tigers v Uni at Cardiff next weekend, Ray Watt the week after.

oh I forgot its "that system", wonder if uni still have their beer license

Hotline
24-08-2013, 10:12 PM
Uni vs Dudley @ Ray Watt
1st: 0-0
Res: 3-3
3rd: 2-0

Congrats to the 1st grade boys, winning the league and taking the main prize, in my humble opinion. Also, with 3rds sneaking in gives us all 3 grades in the semis. Congrats to cookers for achieving the same result.

front2
24-08-2013, 10:53 PM
Uni vs Dudley @ Ray Watt
1st: 0-0
Res: 3-3
3rd: 2-0

Congrats to the 1st grade boys, winning the league and taking the main prize, in my humble opinion. Also, with 3rds sneaking in gives us all 3 grades in the semis. Congrats to cookers for achieving the same result.

Based on these results it would seem cookers have the club champions tag.

Jardelsimage
25-08-2013, 08:00 AM
oh I forgot its "that system", wonder if uni still have their beer license

if they have a beer license hope they don't commit the cardinal sin, like Swansea on there old boys day yesterday, run out of beer before half time, took them 25 minutes to get some more and yes you guessed it, warmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Bulldogs 1962
25-08-2013, 06:59 PM
Bulldogs nearly made it a bin point end to the season with
1st wbay 0 dogs 4
Res wbay 2 dogs 5
3rds 1-1
Just a season of inconsistency for us out at Barnsley showing in some games that we could batch it with the top teams and the not even turning up for others will be stronger again next season, this is the same in all grades to

Playitonthedeck
25-08-2013, 08:12 PM
Bulldogs nearly made it a bin point end to the season with
1st wbay 0 dogs 4
Res wbay 2 dogs 5
3rds 1-1
Just a season of inconsistency for us out at Barnsley showing in some games that we could batch it with the top teams and the not even turning up for others will be stronger again next season, this is the same in all grades to
Bulldog u boys gunna be keeping most same side heard few rumours a few of boys might be getting talked to go westy dunno how much truth rumours?

Bulldogs 1962
25-08-2013, 09:38 PM
Bulldog u boys gunna be keeping most same side heard few rumours a few of boys might be getting talked to go westy dunno how much truth rumours?

Yeah those rumour surface every year and we loose some sometimes and gain some sometimes. Can't tell you definite either way just think the boys we have now really enjoy playing down here and will back and pushing for top spots next year

idontwannaplaywithhowey
27-08-2013, 10:17 AM
New Lambton v Plattsburg
23's/3rds- New Lambton 6-0.
Reserves 1-1.
Firsts- New Lambton 5-0.

leftrightout
27-08-2013, 10:37 AM
New Lambton v Plattsburg
23's/3rds- New Lambton 6-0.
Reserves 1-1.
Firsts- New Lambton 5-0.

What happened to your reserves? a win would have secured semis because barnlsey beat warners bay...

1st grade hit form a little late. But great way to finish the season!

PlattsyBulldogs
27-08-2013, 11:38 AM
yes new lambton were beating us 1-0 untill the last kick of the game, they were wasting time in the second to try and get the win but that came and bit them on the butt..

just shows you should always play untill the full time wistle.

we had our mad monday planned 2 weeks ago, i guess new lambton reserve grade didnt expect to have theres so soon....

theREALdoggies
27-08-2013, 11:46 AM
Yea it was like winning a GF knocking them out of the finals after there bitch moaning all game...but by far the BEST result of the day was 1st Grade because NL won which was as good as a win for us cos it meant BAY SCUM are GOOOOOONNNEEEE!!!!

PlattsyBulldogs
27-08-2013, 11:52 AM
cory from warnersbay reserve grade will enjoy playing zone league 1... he bitches and moans on the best of days!!

Liverpoolisblue
27-08-2013, 12:22 PM
Yea it was like winning a GF knocking them out of the finals after there bitch moaning all game...!
Pretty sure any football team would complain about getting rugby tackled throughout the match

leftrightout
27-08-2013, 02:42 PM
So what are the finals fixtures and what days are they played?

Bulldogs 1962
27-08-2013, 07:09 PM
cory from warnersbay reserve grade will enjoy playing zone league 1... he bitches and moans on the best of days!!

I'm sure he enjoyed being in 1st grade on the weekend copping the 4-0 thrashing that confirmed there relegation

Jardelsimage
27-08-2013, 08:34 PM
So what are the finals fixtures and what days are they played?
Saturday at cardiff
uni v Cardiff
cookers v bay
eagles v bay
sunday at Dudley
cookers v Dudley
Dudley v uni
cookers v uni
hope that's right

Jardelsimage
27-08-2013, 08:37 PM

terrace, Mayfield, Kahibah, warners bay what do they all have in common?

roundballsarebetter
27-08-2013, 09:19 PM
All won a premiership in the last ten years..... Whilst some clubs have stayed in the same comp an wone nothing

Jardelsimage
27-08-2013, 09:41 PM
All won a premiership in the last ten years..... Whilst some clubs have stayed in the same comp an wone nothing

wone nothing ?????? last 5-6 years is more like it.

yes all won a title, but all bar one and I must say a very lucky one are now where??????(Richo no disrespect intended as you blokes have bounced back at least)

RANGER09
27-08-2013, 10:14 PM

Welli don't think it's Cory! Maybe bitches? We all love our bitches:yay:

slobsy
27-08-2013, 10:33 PM
seems to be a lot of bitching going on here about people bitching

keep up the good work

Footballismyreligion
28-08-2013, 06:10 PM
shutup slob get aload of the head on ya Up the doggies!

Footballismyreligion
28-08-2013, 06:11 PM
slobsy I should say but your aye slob anyway

Jardelsimage
28-08-2013, 10:44 PM
is there anyone from Warners Bay on here as I have asked for the teams(by email) so they can be placed into the program for Saturdays fixture at Cardiff.
the other clubs have replied so if anyone can get me a phone number or contact to ring, please PM me.
cheers

slobsy
29-08-2013, 12:05 AM
shutup slob get aload of the head on ya Up the doggies!

i'm sure my one head does better than both of yours mate

slobsy
29-08-2013, 12:05 AM
slobsy I should say but your aye slob anyway

aye, moving on....

slobsy
29-08-2013, 12:35 AM
is there anyone from Warners Bay on here as I have asked for the teams(by email) so they can be placed into the program for Saturdays fixture at Cardiff.
the other clubs have replied so if anyone can get me a phone number or contact to ring, please PM me.
cheers

Due to player movements and work commitments Warners Bay ZPL has several positions available on our player roster. All inquiries contact Head Coach Al Gilday (Gila) on 0423 301 574

Jardel, this is from pre-season so I don't know if it will be much help. The bloke hasn't posted anything since but you could try the number.

Jardelsimage
29-08-2013, 06:51 AM
Jardel, this is from pre-season so I don't know if it will be much help. The bloke hasn't posted anything since but you could try the number.

Thanks but the contact is Gilla, he's not involved with the Bay anymore.
I will have to keep trying.
cheers

boz-monaut
29-08-2013, 07:01 AM
I was going to suggest you email their club account but seeing as how you've already sent an email to all clubs then there's no need

mussfc
29-08-2013, 07:54 AM
Jardel
Sent you a txt with new Warners Bay contacts

furns
29-08-2013, 02:55 PM
footballismyreligion - have a two month holiday you twat

abusing admins and mods not exactly a smart avenue

hotspur1
29-08-2013, 03:42 PM
footballismyreligion - have a two month holiday you twat

abusing admins and mods not exactly a smart avenue

Well done furns

Jardelsimage
29-08-2013, 06:41 PM
Jardel
Sent you a txt with new Warners Bay contacts

thanks to all who helped, all done finally found them...

Shere Khan
30-08-2013, 10:52 PM
Good luck to all in semis. First time for home and away legs so will be interesting to see who plays the most consistent football.

Sat will be a clanger. Uni took the title but Cardiff shaded them a little through the year.

Sun two teams that could have won the comp but both have had indifferent ends to the year.

After the two legs anyone could be in the gf.

C'mon the Diff!

Retro Jet
31-08-2013, 12:39 AM
Good luck to all in semis. First time for home and away legs so will be interesting to see who plays the most consistent football.

Sat will be a clanger. Uni took the title but Cardiff shaded them a little through the year.

Sun two teams that could have won the comp but both have had indifferent ends to the year.

After the two legs anyone could be in the gf.

C'mon the Diff!

We played this system last year SK

Shere Khan
31-08-2013, 01:25 AM
Stand corrected. My bad RJ. So many formats over the comps.

leftrightout
31-08-2013, 09:52 AM
Good luck to all teams. I hope the finals series is as close and as high quality as the regular season!

Hotline
31-08-2013, 06:45 PM
4v1 @ Cardiff No.2

1st: Cardiff 1 - Uni 1
Res: Wbay 2 - Cookers 2
3rd: Wbay 1 - New Lambton 0

leftrightout
31-08-2013, 08:09 PM
Those results make for three really good games next week!
3rds an upset i think.
Wbay big turn around in reserves from last week.
Nice close one in firsts!

Jardelsimage
01-09-2013, 07:03 AM
4v1 @ Cardiff No.2

1st: Cardiff 1 - Uni 1
Res: Wbay 2 - Cookers 2
3rd: Wbay 1 - New Lambton 0

tried last night to update sporting pulse and it would not let me update lower grade scores. If someone from either New Lambton/cookers/uni can update their scores please cheers

leftrightout
01-09-2013, 09:34 AM
Home and away legs, so assuming away goals count if its a draw over the two legs?

boz-monaut
01-09-2013, 09:56 AM
tried last night to update sporting pulse and it would not let me update lower grade scores. If someone from either New Lambton/cookers/uni can update their scores please cheers
I just entered the reserve grade score as 2-2 in Sportingpulse

hopefully that's correct

Two tone
01-09-2013, 05:48 PM
3rs uni 2 v Cookshill 1
Res uni 1 v Dudley 1
1st Dudley 1 v Cookshill 5

Shere Khan
01-09-2013, 06:45 PM
Am a little late on this but why are we playing games on NBN GF day.

ForeverRed
01-09-2013, 07:15 PM
Good point

Thomas477
01-09-2013, 07:18 PM
Am a little late on this but why are we playing games on NBN GF day.

Why'd the Jets play on the same day as it last year?

front2
01-09-2013, 11:30 PM
3rs uni 2 v Cookshill 1
Res uni 1 v Dudley 1
1st Dudley 1 v Cookshill 5

Cooks Hill gave the Dudley boyz a good "ol fashioned Texan ass whoopin" today in 1st. But I am sure the 4-2 beating which Dudley inflicted prior still leaves a sour taste in Cookers mouth.

hawk
01-09-2013, 11:59 PM
Darby St boyz blow the tie out of the water. Pressed well and finished well. Duds might have to go a 4-0-6 long ball formation

boz-monaut
02-09-2013, 12:09 AM
that's if Cooks Hill don't forfeit the game and still go through 5-4 on aggregate

pv4
02-09-2013, 12:13 AM
that's if Cooks Hill don't forfeit the game and still go through 5-4 on aggregate

although the above is just a sarcastic jab, I'm under the impression that if a team forfeits a leg of a two legged match, they forfeit the overall match.

I can't remember why I'm certain this is the case though tbh.

sounds like CH don't need to worry too much about the reverse fixture anyway

Retro Jet
02-09-2013, 01:33 AM
although the above is just a sarcastic jab, I'm under the impression that if a team forfeits a leg of a two legged match, they forfeit the overall match.

I can't remember why I'm certain this is the case though tbh.

sounds like CH don't need to worry too much about the reverse fixture anyway

Maybe we should try play it under our lights...and then it's outta our hands. :blush:

Jardelsimage
07-09-2013, 07:17 PM
don't know if this was mentioned before but why is the NBN GF not the final game in the local comp and who in the f*^k scheduled games on tomorrow the powers should be shot.
who won today

Jardelsimage
07-09-2013, 07:19 PM
don't know if this was mentioned before but why is the NBN GF not the final game in the local comp and who in the f*^k scheduled games on tomorrow the powers should be shot.
who won today

Retro Jet
07-09-2013, 09:16 PM
ZPL 2nd v 3rd Matches
Athfield
3rd Cooks Hill 0 v Uni 0 (Uni 2-1)
Res Dudley 1 v Uni 0 (Dudley 2-1)
1st C/Hill 4 v Dudley 1 (C/Hill 9-2)

hawk
08-09-2013, 04:55 PM
Uni up 2-0 ht

Retro Jet
08-09-2013, 09:11 PM
Uni up 2-0 ht

FT result.

Res C/Hill 2 v W/Bay 1
3rd Report from ground was New Lambton out on Pens to W/Bay

hawk
09-09-2013, 01:55 PM
FT result.

Res C/Hill 2 v W/Bay 1
3rd Report from ground was New Lambton out on Pens to W/Bay
Yeah, 2-0 ft. Uni solid at the back, high work rate, speedy at front. They lack a tough guy though, lol.

gk1985
10-09-2013, 12:42 PM
Yeah, 2-0 ft. Uni solid at the back, high work rate, speedy at front. They lack a tough guy though, lol.

It's not rugby league, although I think some of the Cardiff guys got it mixed up ;)

idontwannaplaywithhowey
12-09-2013, 11:38 AM
Zone Premier League side New Lambton Eagles are currently seeking Expressions of Interest for First, Reserve and Youth Grade coaching staff for the 2014 season. For further information or an application pack please contact Michael Jordan on 0402843746 or via email (mjordan23@luckymail.com).
Applications close 4/10/13.

Hotline
12-09-2013, 12:30 PM
Zone Premier League side New Lambton Eagles are currently seeking Expressions of Interest for First, Reserve and Youth Grade coaching staff for the 2014 season. For further information or an application pack please contact Michael Jordan on 0402843746 or via email (mjordan23@luckymail.com).
Applications close 4/1/0/13.

Is that some cool new date format that I've never seen before?

idontwannaplaywithhowey
12-09-2013, 12:35 PM
We are a revolutionary club at New Lambton mate, and not just in terms of football. We are trying to change date formats worldwide as well....watch this space.

hawk
15-09-2013, 02:15 PM
stuck at home, what are the lower grades scores?

Bulldogs 1962
15-09-2013, 03:10 PM
stuck at home, what are the lower grades scores?

Not positive but heard that bay won on pens in 3rds
Res 1-1 5 to go CH down to 10 men

Bulldogs 1962
15-09-2013, 03:26 PM
Cooks hill win pens

Guiltykeep
15-09-2013, 06:08 PM
23s Wbay won in pens
Res cooks hill won in pens
1st uni up 3-1

hawk
15-09-2013, 06:30 PM
Not positive but heard that bay won on pens in 3rds
Res 1-1 5 to go CH down to 10 men
cheers,
got out to see 1sts. Uni pretty slick today, Cooks made a decent charge after getting back to 1-2.
iirc, I saw uni win Id3's at edgy as well after they left 2hd, with a couple that were their today.

Bulldogs 1962
15-09-2013, 07:00 PM
Wasn't the highest quality game today, but what was worse was the crowd wasn't enough supporters from both teams to fill one stand let alone the three of them, suburbs almost had more ppl there watching and there not even in this grade, we get more for a dogs home game then was there today.

Premy
15-09-2013, 08:01 PM
Wasn't the highest quality game today, but what was worse was the crowd wasn't enough supporters from both teams to fill one stand let alone the three of them, suburbs almost had more ppl there watching and there not even in this grade, we get more for a dogs home game then was there today.

We were talking about the lack of people too bulldog, there was 4 times the amount at the ZL1 final yesterday maybe the fact it was Sunday game didn't help.

Bulldogs 1962
15-09-2013, 08:25 PM
We were talking about the lack of people too bulldog, there was 4 times the amount at the ZL1 final yesterday maybe the fact it was Sunday game didn't help.

Yeah could be the case and was exactly the same last year!
Also think it has to do with fact that at this grade not all clubs are full of mates all playing at a club for the love of it, some clubs have try out and some are even poaching players with money which in turn lowers the family and friend feelings at a club which limits the amount of supporters, and players who only play at a club due to money never go back and support once there finished playing, and the fact it's not the NBN or even newfm your not going to draw a huge crowd of in affiliated spectators especially when it's played after the NBN gf which really should be the final show piece every year!

The two clubs who played today also had the lowest supporter number when they visited our ground this year so may just be that if you had two different teams then these ones might have been different

hawk
15-09-2013, 11:23 PM
Yeah could be the case and was exactly the same last year!
Also think it has to do with fact that at this grade not all clubs are full of mates all playing at a club for the love of it, some clubs have try out and some are even poaching players with money which in turn lowers the family and friend feelings at a club which limits the amount of supporters, and players who only play at a club due to money never go back and support once there finished playing, and the fact it's not the NBN or even newfm your not going to draw a huge crowd of in affiliated spectators especially when it's played after the NBN gf which really should be the final show piece every year!

The two clubs who played today also had the lowest supporter number when they visited our ground this year so may just be that if you had two different teams then these ones might have been different
League 1 has had bigger crowds for the last few years. Could it be...Some of the Uni players might not have their families here, Cookers dont need to venture past Adamstown.
But, funny that both supporters were almost on top of each other and still made some good noise all the same.

gk1985
16-09-2013, 12:47 AM
As hawk said....Majority of our uni team are from out of town eg; coffs, taree, orange, Central coast etc etc. Not to mention the international students. The people that were the put in a decent effort though!

gk1985
16-09-2013, 12:49 AM
And we played you at your ground on a Wednesday night that was shit cold. You had shit all support the too!

john
16-09-2013, 02:07 AM
What are peoples thoughts on who should go up a league from ZPL to 1st division? i think there are only really 2 clubs that are in the running for this. university and cooks Hill. After playing in this division for many years and not for either club i think that cooks hill would be my pick. Very Sound over all 3 grades where they have won many honours in 3 grades over a period of time or University a very good team this year but has not produced the results over the last few years. Does NNSW go for one year wonders in university or do they go for a consistent club in Cooks Hill. It will be very interesting. Im not one to bet as i have never known what nnsw will do.....

Hotline
16-09-2013, 08:05 AM
What are peoples thoughts on who should go up a league from ZPL to 1st division? i think there are only really 2 clubs that are in the running for this. university and cooks Hill. After playing in this division for many years and not for either club i think that cooks hill would be my pick. Very Sound over all 3 grades where they have won many honours in 3 grades over a period of time or University a very good team this year but has not produced the results over the last few years. Does NNSW go for one year wonders in university or do they go for a consistent club in Cooks Hill. It will be very interesting. Im not one to bet as i have never known what nnsw will do.....

One year wonders is a little bit harsh. Other than last year, uni had made the top 4 in the 3 years prior and also been up yhere or thereabouts in the lower grades. Also, although cookers have one the last 3 gf's they have never actually won the league.

I do agree that the have probably been one of the more consistent clubs, they won the club championship this year. Unfortunately if anyone does get promoted it will probably be a club from left field that meets the 'criteria' but has finished bottom half of the table.

demon
16-09-2013, 02:49 PM
One year wonders is a little bit harsh. Other than last year, uni had made the top 4 in the 3 years prior and also been up yhere or thereabouts in the lower grades. Also, although cookers have one the last 3 gf's they have never actually won the league.

I do agree that the have probably been one of the more consistent clubs, they won the club championship this year. Unfortunately if anyone does get promoted it will probably be a club from left field that meets the 'criteria' but has finished bottom half of the table.

There is a lot more taken into consideration in being promoted from ZPL to NSWFM than just between leagues in the Zone system, which is why is happens so rarely.

Uni would struggle under a number of the criteria - no ground fencing so can charge admission & covered seating would be two hurdles. And Cooks Hill the same.... with the Athletics track amenities they might have a fence and covered seating but considering the money NBN and NewFM clubs have to find to continually be looking to upgrade their dressing sheds etc clubs will near riot of Cooks Hill were ever admitted with dressing sheds at the Athletics Track.

And now with the introduction of the NPL Licence system the step between the two is set to become even larger. The criteria system that was used several years ago gave clubs a score out of 100 (ten areas scored out of ten points each) and only one of those ten areas related to results on the park.

Jardelsimage
16-09-2013, 07:38 PM

As I see it, Uni(one year wonders no way) and cookers quite consistent over the years and yes maybe one should rise.
some Clubs who have won the comp over the last say 6 years are not even in the ZPL anymore with last years winner about to go.
so how do you say who should go up million dollar question.
Uni were there back a few years ago but inconsistent results due to players coming and going, back to the lower grades they went.
Cookers, please don't take this the wrong way, do we need another inner city club? to me there are to many inner city clubs, Magic, Adamstown, Olympic, jaffas and that's in the NBN alone, although there will none in 2hd??????
are there enough players to be competitive in the lower grades and lastly, do you have the cash?????? not a cheap exercise to go up.
The Eagles spruiked going up but crashed this year and will they be at Adamstown Oval next year????
Tigers wont whilst the Gunners are in NBN and criteria
Dudley well they dropped them for a reason(not sure but criteria comes to mind???)
Mayfield( another inner city club)
Swansea-criteria
Barnsley-Westy and criteria
Plattsy-having trouble fielding in ZPL so no
WB-gone

looking at that, my guess Uni and Cookers to make it a 10 team comp, no one else deserves it.

Premy
16-09-2013, 08:12 PM
As I see it, Uni(one year wonders no way) and cookers quite consistent over the years and yes maybe one should rise.
some Clubs who have won the comp over the last say 6 years are not even in the ZPL anymore with last years winner about to go.
so how do you say who should go up million dollar question.
Uni were there back a few years ago but inconsistent results due to players coming and going, back to the lower grades they went.
Cookers, please don't take this the wrong way, do we need another inner city club? to me there are to many inner city clubs, Magic, Adamstown, Olympic, jaffas and that's in the NBN alone, although there will none in 2hd??????
are there enough players to be competitive in the lower grades and lastly, do you have the cash?????? not a cheap exercise to go up.
The Eagles spruiked going up but crashed this year and will they be at Adamstown Oval next year????
Tigers wont whilst the Gunners are in NBN and criteria
Dudley well they dropped them for a reason(not sure but criteria comes to mind???)
Mayfield( another inner city club)
Swansea-criteria
Barnsley-Westy and criteria
Plattsy-having trouble fielding in ZPL so no
WB-gone

looking at that, my guess Uni and Cookers to make it a 10 team comp, no one else deserves it.
Left field. Nelson Bay?????

Jardelsimage
16-09-2013, 08:18 PM
Left field. Nelson Bay?????
yeh forgot about them as they are still below ZPL, have they improved there off field stuff as they were a bit of a basket case a few years ago.
if they get there two zone clubs sides together maybe yes on geo and criteria, if they go alone I think doomed to fail.....

boz-monaut
16-09-2013, 08:31 PM
admittedly I'm a bit biased but I don't think the geographical location should be that big an issue

there are more inner suburban clubs because that's where the players are from

do rugby ever think they should have clubs out west when they all live in the east?

does rugby league ever worry they don't have a team from suburbs where folks can't read and don't rape dogs for fun?

reddevil4eva
16-09-2013, 10:31 PM
admittedly I'm a bit biased but I don't think the geographical location should be that big an issue

do rugby ever think they should have clubs out west when they all live in the east?

does rugby league ever worry they don't have a team from suburbs where folks can't read and don't rape dogs for fun?

The outer suburbs is where the real nrl plan to have another team the area being wallsend they recognize that like bunnings that it currently is the largest growth area in newcastle and with WFC starting to get back on their feet changes may be coming for the area .
Also I tend to agree with cookers being one to many teams in the inner city area .
as for the reading and raping dogs comment you must read some pretty interesting stuff

Nelson Bay Road
16-09-2013, 11:04 PM
yeh forgot about them as they are still below ZPL, have they improved there off field stuff as they were a bit of a basket case a few years ago.
if they get there two zone clubs sides together maybe yes on geo and criteria, if they go alone I think doomed to fail.....

we only have one club up here now...
personally think it would be silly for us to do it..
we would meet the criteria for mine but we dont have the players/depth to be competitive enough..

Bulldogs 1962
16-09-2013, 11:05 PM

I'm under the impression that players aren't paid to play at cooks hill and I'm not worried if you want to confirm or not, but with thinking not I was talking with mates at the weekend as to what draws the quality of players to cooks hill. This isn't a stab at them but they don't have as strong as history as others and its not as if there facilities are a big draw card, but then I thought about it and they don't really have the competition in the zone leagues in area, and this is why I believe it would be better to keep them where they are. And it's the same with us at Barnsley we have Westy, edgeworth, lakes, Toronto, Thornton, maitland, and Southey all within 15min and a lot of our players have been at one of these clubs before coming to us, going up would be very difficult for us even without criteria due to this compitition and money as well

front2
16-09-2013, 11:56 PM
I'm under the impression that players aren't paid to play at cooks hill and I'm not worried if you want to confirm or not, but with thinking not I was talking with mates at the weekend as to what draws the quality of players to cooks hill. This isn't a stab at them but they don't have as strong as history as others and its not as if there facilities are a big draw card, but then I thought about it and they don't really have the competition in the zone leagues in area, and this is why I believe it would be better to keep them where they are. And it's the same with us at Barnsley we have Westy, edgeworth, lakes, Toronto, Thornton, maitland, and Southey all within 15min and a lot of our players have been at one of these clubs before coming to us, going up would be very difficult for us even without criteria due to this compitition and money as well

Nice post here Bulldogs 1962. Comparing Barnsley and Cooks Hill has some merits. Something that has been missed here is that Cooks Hill has a good connect with their juniors. Players, managers, staff, coaches are currently all educated and bred from the Cooks Hill system. Shiit even foundation juniors.

zzzzzzzzzz
17-09-2013, 02:02 AM
Congratulations to University Football Club. Finished top of the table after the regular season, were considered by many as the the underdogs going into the Grand Final against a strong Cooks Hill side but performed on the day to claim the double. Without doubt Uni were the best team all year and confirmed it on Sunday. A great year for the ZPL and hopefully it continues to grow stronger next season.

Jardelsimage
17-09-2013, 07:09 AM
cookers, player wise currently should run mid table with a couple of extras and junior connection is a big plus, criteria well that's a issue.
to be competitive and it is well known you need some money to be at the top and that's where problems arise.....
the lower grades is the problem as with most, you need to stop NBN pinching the good kids from early years.

boz-monaut
17-09-2013, 09:49 AM
we're not looking to be promoted beyond our means at Cooks Hill - there is a lot more about a club being suitable to play in the state leagues than quality of players and facilities (not to mention geographic location)

we're working on getting into the second tier, which ever form that takes in the coming seasons

we're working to have our facilities at Newcastle Athletics Field upgraded, with Council and with the athletics people

we're looking to strenghten ties between seniors and juniors and to provide more of a focus on developing young players within our junior ranks

but this also has to be seen that we've just finished our 16th season - we're very young, we don't have the old boy's network that provides labour, sponsorship and support for other clubs

Reds Forever
17-09-2013, 07:52 PM
Have heard Plattsy will be dropping out of Premier League due to lack of players. Not sure if they will drop down to ID comp with only two grades or gone altogether.

Anyone else heard similar?

spamg172
17-09-2013, 08:46 PM
IF that happened would Warners Bay get to stay up? Should they be allowed to? Or is this the best news for garden suburb?

Reds Forever
17-09-2013, 08:52 PM
Think Warners Bay should stay up. Less not forget they were minor premiers twice before this season.

Coaching saga at start of year is what cost them last years squad.

Jardelsimage
17-09-2013, 09:16 PM
Have heard Plattsy will be dropping out of Premier League due to lack of players. Not sure if they will drop down to ID comp with only two grades or gone altogether.

yep someone told be that the other day

demon
18-09-2013, 02:10 PM

Unlikely considering they are interviewing paid coaching positions at the moment. What would be of concern is the proximity of Wallsend and their willingness to pour their Six a Side profits into short term success.

Reality is thou, while clubs in all leagues do keep in contact with Russell Henry and vice versa it is still months away before they have to actually make their applications for what division of ID they would like to play in.

amishpanda
18-09-2013, 03:15 PM
Unlikely considering they are interviewing paid coaching positions at the moment. What would be of concern is the proximity of Wallsend and their willingness to pour their Six a Side profits into short term success.

Reality is thou, while clubs in all leagues do keep in contact with Russell Henry and vice versa it is still months away before they have to actually make their applications for what division of ID they would like to play in.

Get a life, idiot. That post was nothing more than a thinly veiled swipe at Wallsend on a number of fronts.

1. Keep your criticism of other clubs to your solitary nights alone, featuring your own hand on your own dick.
2. I would consider keeping your mouth shut when commenting on aspects of a club you have no idea about.
3. We at Wallsend have had a VERY successful year (sorry, you sound jealous), and every person involved there is committed to the long term success of the club. More-so than any other club I have been involved with in my lifetime. Look for us to continue the success.

demon
18-09-2013, 03:37 PM
Get a life, idiot. That post was nothing more than a thinly veiled swipe at Wallsend on a number of fronts.

1. Keep your criticism of other clubs to your solitary nights alone, featuring your own hand on your own dick.
2. I would consider keeping your mouth shut when commenting on aspects of a club you have no idea about.
3. We at Wallsend have had a VERY successful year (sorry, you sound jealous), and every person involved there is committed to the long term success of the club. More-so than any other club I have been involved with in my lifetime. Look for us to continue the success.

It wasn't a swipe at all. If I was Plattsy I would be worried that a far more financial club is what, 500M as the crow flies away. And player payments are hardly a secret in Zone Leagues.

And the rest is fact, Plattsy advertised just last Sat again for paid 2014 ZPL coaches and if any club has concerns Russell Henry has always taken a very encouraging attitude to clubs having time to sort out issues like player numbers but that the final decision is still months away so Plattsy have time to address any player number issues.

As far as Six a Side goes, my reference to short term is, as with all clubs running it, for NNSW's new facility to be as profitable as they have in their projections means it must become the dominant summer options and that means lower profits for everyone currently running summer comps. No one is in a worse psoition that Lakes who look certain to lose theirs and at what cost to their overall finances? At what cost to every club running summer sixes? No one can simply walk out and find replacement funds like that at a drop of the hat so what impact will that leave Jaffas, Lakes, Olympic (less so), Thornton, Wallsend inm I cant see Northern stepping and saying "thanks, here is some compensation for reducing your income"

amishpanda
18-09-2013, 03:48 PM
And what chance is there for a Lake Macquarie competition to draw a majority custom from the city?

demon
18-09-2013, 06:54 PM
And what chance is there for a Lake Macquarie competition to draw a majority custom from the city?

I think the options they will have available, the "novelty" impact of being on all weather surface, brand new facility, the marketing budget available to them, the player database they will have available, the ability to offer 7 day/evening a week competitions. They have a number of advantages clubs naturally struggle to match, I'm not saying I agree with them entering into direct competition with clubs, all I am acknowledging is there will be an impact on clubs profit and clubs will find it difficult to replace that money easily.

howardyou
18-09-2013, 08:24 PM

Hey buddy settle down. If you actually think before typing you would realise that the comments were more respectful of Wallsend's ability to make a buck out of the summer comp and use these funds to pay and attract better players, than a "thinly veiled swipe" as you so eloquently put it.

Stevieg
18-09-2013, 08:34 PM
i think the options they will have available, the "novelty" impact of being on all weather surface, brand new facility, the marketing budget available to them, the player database they will have available, the ability to offer 7 day/evening a week competitions. They have a number of advantages clubs naturally struggle to match, i'm not saying i agree with them entering into direct competition with clubs, all i am acknowledging is there will be an impact on clubs profit and clubs will find it difficult to replace that money easily.

yes massive swipe - just have a read back , the question was only asked then you went on with six a side profits , short term success , no one wants to see teams go down for the wrong reasons , its not good for football , we hope plasty stay up , its good for the area , local rival games are always a great build up
if you read back on demons posts earlier in the year , their is nothing but criticism against wallsend , this is not what the forum is about but i must say nice to read back on the early predictions and see how many where realistic and false claims made etc. And the ones that showed a lack of respect to us and this division after leaving it , i am sure you have been waiting for wallsend to fail but we didn’t 3 minor premierships is not a bad effort, i’m sure you will reply with so did warners bay and barnsley etc. And we paid to get players here, it was not the case as most of those boys are mates that wanted to come back and play together at a stable club, and that is well known in the zone competition, money was not a factor and is not your concern, as for worrying about six a side, we aren’t, the northern complex is years from been completed and you should know that. Be nice for you just to move on and let us be and keep your undermining comments to yourself .back to football , probably like others i get a bit frustrated by higher divisions comments on what zone through to id3 get from the likes of demon , zone premier and id1 competitions without a doubt have many talented players spread throughout the teams and the season and final series show cased this , yes it would be true many players have played in higher grades and playing in this grade for a variety of reasons , playing with mates, work ,family etc. , but it definitely does not say that they are less talented than the teams above them , nbn is in a league of its own , a grade below is newfm seriously it was a 3 club comp adamstown , maitland and bell swans these 3 sides all featured their 1st , 23 and 19 in the finals and show the strength that a football club should have in that competition , and then daylight- demons club- 4th west wallsend just scrapped in to be humiliated in the finals 4-0 and 3-0 after being beat 7-0 in the last round, we had 2 players from wallsend go and play at westy those where both 3rd grade players from the year before , if you look at westy lower grades the 23 finished only winning 3 games and 19 only winning 4 games both grades 2nd last with singleton below them in both grades and singleton also taking the spoon in 1st grade , besides smithy at westy the coaches are very inexperienced and these results back these claims , ironically smithy was at the id1 final and westy senior players have been around our games looking at players so we must not be that bad . Just highlighting that the likes of uni, cooks hill, dudley, mayfield, wallsend, suburbs (no disrespt to other teams just looking at depth results) which all have had a fair showing in each of their respective competitions added to their playing ranks and some clubs had the aspirations to go up would fairly be placed mid table, yes we realise some clubs can’t go up due to criteria’s etc. But i would fairly say if players or coaches in this competition and zone wanted or inspired to play or coach in new fm they could do so, so don’t criticizes players and coaches as you only show case that you are only worried about the statues of being in a higher grade for the glory etc. You have stated that it would be more technical etc. Blah , blah , blah and we don’t have the ability besides the top 3 theirs day light at this stage , interesting to read todays paper that only thornton and singleton didn’t apply for the new completion as only maitland and belswan would be at this stage only capable of competing my rant, let’s just play football , bring on six a side

Premy
18-09-2013, 10:38 PM
yes massive swipe - just have a read back , the question was only asked then you went on with six a side profits , short term success , no one wants to see teams go down for the wrong reasons , its not good for football , we hope plasty stay up , its good for the area , local rival games are always a great build up
if you read back on demons posts earlier in the year , their is nothing but criticism against wallsend , this is not what the forum is about but i must say nice to read back on the early predictions and see how many where realistic and false claims made etc. And the ones that showed a lack of respect to us and this division after leaving it , i am sure you have been waiting for wallsend to fail but we didn’t 3 minor premierships is not a bad effort, i’m sure you will reply with so did warners bay and barnsley etc. And we paid to get players here, it was not the case as most of those boys are mates that wanted to come back and play together at a stable club, and that is well known in the zone competition, money was not a factor and is not your concern, as for worrying about six a side, we aren’t, the northern complex is years from been completed and you should know that. Be nice for you just to move on and let us be and keep your undermining comments to yourself .back to football , probably like others i get a bit frustrated by higher divisions comments on what zone through to id3 get from the likes of demon , zone premier and id1 competitions without a doubt have many talented players spread throughout the teams and the season and final series show cased this , yes it would be true many players have played in higher grades and playing in this grade for a variety of reasons , playing with mates, work ,family etc. , but it definitely does not say that they are less talented than the teams above them , nbn is in a league of its own , a grade below is newfm seriously it was a 3 club comp adamstown , maitland and bell swans these 3 sides all featured their 1st , 23 and 19 in the finals and show the strength that a football club should have in that competition , and then daylight- demons club- 4th west wallsend just scrapped in to be humiliated in the finals 4-0 and 3-0 after being beat 7-0 in the last round, we had 2 players from wallsend go and play at westy those where both 3rd grade players from the year before , if you look at westy lower grades the 23 finished only winning 3 games and 19 only winning 4 games both grades 2nd last with singleton below them in both grades and singleton also taking the spoon in 1st grade , besides smithy at westy the coaches are very inexperienced and these results back these claims , ironically smithy was at the id1 final and westy senior players have been around our games looking at players so we must not be that bad . Just highlighting that the likes of uni, cooks hill, dudley, mayfield, wallsend, suburbs (no disrespt to other teams just looking at depth results) which all have had a fair showing in each of their respective competitions added to their playing ranks and some clubs had the aspirations to go up would fairly be placed mid table, yes we realise some clubs can’t go up due to criteria’s etc. But i would fairly say if players or coaches in this competition and zone wanted or inspired to play or coach in new fm they could do so, so don’t criticizes players and coaches as you only show case that you are only worried about the statues of being in a higher grade for the glory etc. You have stated that it would be more technical etc. Blah , blah , blah and we don’t have the ability besides the top 3 theirs day light at this stage , interesting to read todays paper that only thornton and singleton didn’t apply for the new completion as only maitland and belswan would be at this stage only capable of competing my rant, let’s just play football , bring on six a side
Best rant ever tell them how it is Stevieg and good luck in ZPL next year.

slobsy
18-09-2013, 10:54 PM

Try using paragraphs mate. This is just terrible.

Retro Jet
19-09-2013, 01:05 AM
There is a lot more taken into consideration in being promoted from ZPL to NSWFM than just between leagues in the Zone system, which is why is happens so rarely.

Uni would struggle under a number of the criteria - no ground fencing so can charge admission & covered seating would be two hurdles. And Cooks Hill the same.... with the Athletics track amenities they might have a fence and covered seating but considering the money NBN and NewFM clubs have to find to continually be looking to upgrade their dressing sheds etc clubs will near riot of Cooks Hill were ever admitted with dressing sheds at the Athletics Track.

And now with the introduction of the NPL Licence system the step between the two is set to become even larger. The criteria system that was used several years ago gave clubs a score out of 100 (ten areas scored out of ten points each) and only one of those ten areas related to results on the park.

Really? Well, as pokey as it that 'AWAY' shed, at least it has 3 amenities to relieve one's self and 3 showers,
which is more than I can say for the HOME SHED of a very recently visited NBN club
AND the away shed of a club within our Div that was former NewFM. 1 'crapper (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Crapper)' per shed.
Clubs adhering to criteria? You gotta be kidding me!

Developments in the works for wots under that grandstand btw.

JCBT
19-09-2013, 09:06 AM

I like you passion for the Cookers and enjoy reading your ideas for the club but what you have posted here is ****ed up. What's the go with your stuck up attitude? Can't read and rape dogs? Isn't that a bit over the top? Go back to sipping your short black in Darby St Yuppie :redcard:

amishpanda
19-09-2013, 10:32 AM
Hey buddy settle down. If you actually think before typing you would realise that the comments were more respectful of Wallsend's ability to make a buck out of the summer comp and use these funds to pay and attract better players, than a "thinly veiled swipe" as you so eloquently put it.

We don't need former members telling us "how the way club used to be run is better than it is run now" - thanks very much.

The attraction of better players has NOTHING to do with our 'willingness to pour 6 a side profits,' and EVERYTHING to do with creating a decent club culture that players are more than willing to be apart of. If you think any differently - try pulling away any member of the core first grade squad with the promise of payments. I doubt highly that you will succeed.

Why I got fired up? There were a couple of us responsible for attracting said players and creating such a culture - to put our efforts down to throwing money around is offensive.

terry
19-09-2013, 11:47 AM
I like you passion for the Cookers and enjoy reading your ideas for the club but what you have posted here is ****ed up. What's the go with your stuck up attitude? Can't read and rape dogs? Isn't that a bit over the top? Go back to sipping your short black in Darby St Yuppie :redcard:

stuckup? yuppie? your out of touch old man. Defending nrl cvnts wont get you anywhere. Maybe you havent noticed this yet.

furns
19-09-2013, 11:58 AM
everyone in this thread better calm down before we start banning people and deleting posts

howardyou
19-09-2013, 12:57 PM
everyone in this thread better calm down before we start banning people and deleting posts

Must be the off-season. Can't kick people on weekends anymore to let the aggression out........

Hotline
19-09-2013, 04:27 PM
What are everyone's thoughts on the massive brick wall that has been erected between ZPL and NEWFM. I am pretty frustrated that teams in ZPL were not even considered in the slightest. Surely it makes more sense for NEWFM to be a 10 team comp (whether its Uni, Cookers, Dudley or anyone else who gets the chance). Heck, it may even breathe a new bit of life into the very stale NEWFM league. I know criteria needs to be met, etc, but at least give clubs the opportunity.

Eleganceisirrelevant
19-09-2013, 07:12 PM
Just as a general comment, I really have no idea why demon needs to continue to jump between feeds and have his say! To be honest, everything you have said about wallsend and other clubs has generally been incorrect or completely biast. In fairness your club, a club that used to offer so much is going down the toilet. I think you should sort that out before worrying about wallsends reign being short lived

hawk
19-09-2013, 10:23 PM
What are everyone's thoughts on the massive brick wall that has been erected between ZPL and NEWFM. I am pretty frustrated that teams in ZPL were not even considered in the slightest. Surely it makes more sense for NEWFM to be a 10 team comp (whether its Uni, Cookers, Dudley or anyone else who gets the chance). Heck, it may even breathe a new bit of life into the very stale NEWFM league. I know criteria needs to be met, etc, but at least give clubs the opportunity.

agree, give'em a go. Give 3 years to make appropriate improvements to club/ground. Might get relo'd before then but thats football. The big boys at the top can sort out promotion to the bigs.

Zico
20-09-2013, 06:59 AM
agree, give'em a go. Give 3 years to make appropriate improvements to club/ground. Might get relo'd before then but thats football. The big boys at the top can sort out promotion to the bigs.
I honestly cant see how Singleton deserve to stay in NEW FM and certain clubs in ZPL are refused an opportunity. How many years can they continue to be pathetic on the park and given a free ride in the comp? I think they are kept there year in year out due to the geographic rather than merit.
Time for a shake up in NEW FM is well overdue.

leftrightout
20-09-2013, 08:57 AM
I honestly cant see how Singleton deserve to stay in NEW FM and certain clubs in ZPL are refused an opportunity. How many years can they continue to be pathetic on the park and given a free ride in the comp? I think they are kept there year in year out due to the geographic rather than merit.

Completely agree! When you look at a club like cooks hill... big junior base, consistantly successful and ambitious, give them a go.
Uni... ok so you cant pay to get in (no fencing), but they have successfull teams consistantly and their ground would be close to the best in NEWFM.

Criteria is a heaps of B.S! Tell me how Singletons ground complies with all of their standards and cooks hill and uni dont? Atleast cooks hill are attempting to upgrade!

hotspur1
20-09-2013, 10:35 AM
Completely agree! When you look at a club like cooks hill... big junior base, consistantly successful and ambitious, give them a go.
Uni... ok so you cant pay to get in (no fencing), but they have successfull teams consistantly and their ground would be close to the best in NEWFM.

Criteria is a heaps of B.S! Tell me how Singletons ground complies with all of their standards and cooks hill and uni dont? Atleast cooks hill are attempting to upgrade!

Spot on in your assessment, seems the people concerned are happy to continue with a second rate competition that is currently New FM. I don't see why any clubs would be rushing into playing in it when promotion and relegation in the zone leagues is creating a strong and viable competition, ZPL has improved every year and with the promotion of Wallsend will be stronger and more competitive again next year, last year Barnsley proved they deserved their spot and there are other teams of ZPL standard i.e. Suburbs who will be pushing for promotion next year. Finally I would say any of the top 6 teams in ZPL would improve the current New FM league if they were given the opportunity.

leftrightout
20-09-2013, 01:51 PM
Spot on in your assessment, seems the people concerned are happy to continue with a second rate competition that is currently New FM. I don't see why any clubs would be rushing into playing in it when promotion and relegation in the zone leagues is creating a strong and viable competition, ZPL has improved every year and with the promotion of Wallsend will be stronger and more competitive again next year, last year Barnsley proved they deserved their spot and there are other teams of ZPL standard i.e. Suburbs who will be pushing for promotion next year. Finally I would say any of the top 6 teams in ZPL would improve the current New FM league if they were given the opportunity.

ZPL can easily become a stronger competition to play in than NEWFM is anyway. With the improvement in the league and the leagues below it in the last couple of years, you can only see it getting stronger.
In theory it may be "3rd tier" but if there is no step between 3rd and 2nd it really becomes its own association which could be classed completely seperate from NEWFM/NBN.
Therefore it could be "top tier" and easily become stronger over time... why not!
Maybe it cannot compete financially, but football wise i think it already is very close and culture wise it would be stronger.

I may be dreaming but i honestly believe we will end up with a 3rd tier competition that will be significantly strong than the 2nd if this whole criteria thing isnt sorted out!

outsider
20-09-2013, 06:38 PM

Singo deserve to stay in because they do a great kransky with mustard on a bread roll

hawk
20-09-2013, 07:20 PM
Singo deserve to stay in because they do a great kransky with mustard on a bread roll

important part of criteria

Two tone
20-09-2013, 07:21 PM
Clubs with juniors like Cookshill (will use clubs as examples) should move into comps like NewFm with 19s and 23s as it gives junior players a pathway, but clubs like (New Lambton, Mayfield) would need to join forces with junior clubs to make the move up to NewFm or stay in ZPL. That should be more the criteria of the NewFm comp, strong juniors not bricks and mortar. It's more like what northern want clubs to be anyway. So Cookshill and Dudley to be promoted into NewFm and Garden Suburbs and Wallsend move into ZPL and then would join with juniors to move into NewFm.
Then to move into NBN you have a strong junior base not a manufactured scout farm. You would end up with players becoming more loyal to a club and not after coin. And you have had time to fix up your ground to be in line with the criteria. it has a more natural flow but I'm only a football nut and not a politician, so what do I know?
I don't even know if this is the right thread.

Premy
20-09-2013, 08:24 PM
This tread has had more traffic in post season then it did for the entire year.

hawk
20-09-2013, 08:57 PM
Clubs with juniors like Cookshill (will use clubs as examples) should move into comps like NewFm with 19s and 23s as it gives junior players a pathway, but clubs like (New Lambton, Mayfield) would need to join forces with junior clubs to make the move up to NewFm or stay in ZPL. That should be more the criteria of the NewFm comp, strong juniors not bricks and mortar. It's more like what northern want clubs to be anyway. So Cookshill and Dudley to be promoted into NewFm and Garden Suburbs and Wallsend move into ZPL and then would join with juniors to move into NewFm.
Then to move into NBN you have a strong junior base not a manufactured scout farm. You would end up with players becoming more loyal to a club and not after coin. And you have had time to fix up your ground to be in line with the criteria. it has a more natural flow but I'm only a football nut and not a politician, so what do I know?
I don't even know if this is the right thread.

It take it you mean the juniors and seniors come together. sounds logical. If Cookers go up would they drain nearby club players looking for a higher grade.

ForeverRed
20-09-2013, 09:50 PM
Manufactured scout farm , love it, plenty of them in nbn

Zico
20-09-2013, 10:08 PM
Manufactured scout farm , love it, plenty of them in nbn
While your at it, it's common knowledge that your club have a poor relationship with the Southy Juniors also ForeverRed.

ForeverRed
20-09-2013, 10:21 PM
In correct nnswf

ForeverRed
20-09-2013, 10:23 PM
While your at it, it's common knowledge that your club have a poor relationship with the Southy Juniors also ForeverRed.

Who in the hell lives in broadmeadow other then trains, **** off idiot

Zico
20-09-2013, 10:28 PM
Who in the hell lives in broadmeadow other then trains, **** off idiot
You have great people skills :whistling: No wonder the Southy Junior club openly tell people how they have a dislike for your club.
Anyway this thread isn't about the dramas at the chook shed and their nursery.

ForeverRed
21-09-2013, 06:45 AM
No dramas at the chook shed, we love our locals, unlike man city magic

amishpanda
21-09-2013, 08:34 AM
Has the idea been floated, to just do away with the whole spewfm garbage?
It's a horrible competition, apart from the two teams at the top who romp it home every year, the whole of ZPL and even the top 6 of ZL1 would be very competitive in that division. Just end it.

boz-monaut
21-09-2013, 08:42 AM
yes, and it is tentatively scheduled to happen by 2017

seldom
22-09-2013, 12:30 AM
Has the idea been floated, to just do away with the whole spewfm garbage?
It's a horrible competition, apart from the two teams at the top who romp it home every year, the whole of ZPL and even the top 6 of ZL1 would be very competitive in that division. Just end it.

Oh ok ...until maybe your club has been promoted and all of a sudden the comp has quality and all of newfm would be competitive in NBN...ffs this argument has been goin on since the dark ages. There's always gunna be a variation in the leagues below NBN...deal with it

amishpanda
24-09-2013, 10:38 AM
Oh ok ...until maybe your club has been promoted and all of a sudden the comp has quality and all of newfm would be competitive in NBN...ffs this argument has been goin on since the dark ages. There's always gunna be a variation in the leagues below NBN...deal with it

This post makes zero sense to me. What point are you trying to convey?

Bulldogs 1962
24-09-2013, 10:42 PM
Barnsley senior soccer club are currently seeking expressions of interest for the senior/1st grade coaching job for the 2014 season in the ZPL! After back to back promotions in 2011 and 2012, we had a solid showing in our first year in this grade with a mid table finish and are looking for someone to take us to the next level and compete for the top spot. Any interested parties can contact me on here or email me at g_burton87@hotmail.com or on 0401193777

Playitonthedeck
25-09-2013, 01:49 PM
Talking few ppl involved at plattsy pretty much saying the club is going south heap players going board struggling too be a shame was looking 4rwd to the wallsend plattsy derby again

Zico
25-09-2013, 02:38 PM
Barnsley senior soccer club are currently seeking expressions of interest for the senior/1st grade coaching job for the 2014 season in the ZPL! After back to back promotions in 2011 and 2012, we had a solid showing in our first year in this grade with a mid table finish and are looking for someone to take us to the next level and compete for the top spot. Any interested parties can contact me on here or email me at g_burton87@hotmail.com or on 0401193777
I thought your coach did a decent job last season. Has he left for another club?

Bulldogs 1962
25-09-2013, 08:25 PM
I thought your coach did a decent job last season. Has he left for another club?

He is still involved in the club and wanting to be part of the coaching set up again next season, but last year was his first year in charge of a zl club and found it a bit to much and would love to have someone above him that he could learn off for the future and someone with that little more knowledge to get the most out of our boys

seldom
25-09-2013, 08:50 PM
Paid position ?

Bulldogs 1962
25-09-2013, 10:14 PM
Paid position ?

Can't confirm that it is but has been in the past, I think it come downs to whatever is agreed to between the committee an the successful applicant.

curious_fan
26-09-2013, 10:54 AM
Talking few ppl involved at plattsy pretty much saying the club is going south heap players going board struggling too be a shame was looking 4rwd to the wallsend plattsy derby again

Such a local derby would have been great "old boys day" material for both clubs. We see some great clubs in similar geographic areas but separated in divisions (such as Barnsley and West Wallsend and indeed in past times Wallsend and Plattsy in similar positions). Perhaps it is just part of the cycle many clubs go through over decades of dipping down a little and rebuilding again.

leftrightout
26-09-2013, 11:17 AM
Such a local derby would have been great "old boys day" material for both clubs. We see some great clubs in similar geographic areas but separated in divisions (such as Barnsley and West Wallsend and indeed in past times Wallsend and Plattsy in similar positions). Perhaps it is just part of the cycle many clubs go through over decades of dipping down a little and rebuilding again.

Wouldn't it be great for those local derbys to be played. As you said, Wallsend vs Plattsy, Barnsley vs West Wallsend but this year a very interesting will start in league 2 with Bero snr vs Bero Jnr... Now that will be a derby with feeling!

namwob99
26-09-2013, 12:24 PM
Wouldn't it be great for those local derbys to be played. As you said, Wallsend vs Plattsy, Barnsley vs West Wallsend but this year a very interesting will start in league 2 with Bero snr vs Bero Jnr... Now that will be a derby with feeling!
Not this year mate. The soccer club will still be in league 1. The football club move up to league 2.

Premy
26-09-2013, 12:31 PM

Tanambit V Berisfield FC will have some spice in ZL2 if Tanambit are to stay up. Also Morisset V West Lakes will be a solid Derby

Bulldogs 1962
26-09-2013, 03:46 PM
The Barnsley v west wallsend games have a hell of a lot of bite and there only been in trials, so much so the many coaches from both side have opted against them worried what injury toll will be incurred. And even when players are asking every week to get them.
Also if suburbs manage to get that promotion this year (3rd time lucky) I reckon them v Cardiff would be big

leftrightout
26-09-2013, 07:49 PM
Not this year mate. The soccer club will still be in league 1. The football club move up to league 2.

Ahh my bad! Well maybe the year after hey!

pagey85
22-10-2013, 11:42 AM
The Barnsley Committee are happy to announce the appointment of Darren Sills as Club Coach for season 2014. Darren has successfully guided the dogs on their victorious 2012 campaign and is returning for season 2014. With this appointment the dogs can expect to build on what was a successful season in Zone Premier League in 2013.

Beast
22-10-2013, 04:43 PM
Weston announced he was assiting Piggo there, so is he coaching at both?

Bulldogs 1962
31-10-2013, 09:56 PM
Weston announced he was assiting Piggo there, so is he coaching at both?

I believe that to be the case, can't say this to be exact but I think that he will be at Weston priority but that only clashes approx 3 to 4 times a year on weekends and training is on different nights, we have also retained our head coach from last year Sam and added Darren griffiths to the coaching team, who is a level 3 accredited coach with experience at colts and u17 levels at well as playing a large number of games for edgeworth. We think with these 3 and also help from experienced ex coaches who will be involved in team management roles will work greatly for the club to build on last year and find ourselves higher up the table

seldom
13-11-2013, 11:56 PM
I believe that to be the case, can't say this to be exact but I think that he will be at Weston priority but that only clashes approx 3 to 4 times a year on weekends and training is on different nights, we have also retained our head coach from last year Sam and added Darren griffiths to the coaching team, who is a level 3 accredited coach with experience at colts and u17 levels at well as playing a large number of games for edgeworth. We think with these 3 and also help from experienced ex coaches who will be involved in team management roles will work greatly for the club to build on last year and find ourselves higher up the table

wtf is a level 3 accredited coach ?

hawk
14-11-2013, 12:49 AM

When you can get Jets to win premier league in Premier Manager.

Bulldogs 1962
14-11-2013, 10:58 AM
It's after level 2 or I other words he hold a senior coaching liciense

idontwannaplaywithhowey
14-11-2013, 12:30 PM
The New Lambton Eagles Zone Premier League side will be having some trial days/kickabout/get to know the club sessions on the 24/11 and 1/12 from 10am @ Alder Park, New Lambton. All current players and trialists are welcome to join us. Players are welcome to trial for all grades (u/23's, first and reserves).
For further information contact Michael Jordan on 0402843746 or email: mjordan23@luckymail.com

Thomas477
15-11-2013, 12:11 AM
Still on New Lambton, it was confirmed over the time the foz was down that they WILL be playing out of Adamstown Oval next year.

Bulldogs 1962
25-11-2013, 09:38 PM
Hearing that wallsend are spending up on players after there promotion looking to win it all in the ZPL and wanting to go back into the newfm (even thought there isn't promotion really, unless nnswff want you there) anyone else heard the same

idontwannaplaywithhowey
28-11-2013, 10:59 AM
Just a reminder that New Lambton Eagles will be holding a second week of trials at Alder Park this weekend (weather permitting) at 10am on Sunday. For further information please see the Facebook page or contact the Res/23's coach Callum Manderson on 0419714181.

terryk
28-11-2013, 08:07 PM
A hand clap to NCC for getting this right. It would make no sense to boot them off Adamstown Park and getting them to play at substandard parks and facilities at Lambton. They should be considered a joint tenant considering the amount of time they have been at the ground now. After all are we not all about getting our code and premier division teams playing on the best fields and facilities we can?

Still on New Lambton, it was confirmed over the time the foz was down that they WILL be playing out of Adamstown Oval next year.

oneeye
28-11-2013, 09:26 PM
Actually heard that they will be only playing half of their home games there next year as no availability due to women's and all Adamstown's teams?
but council will not rule on this till new year?

curious_fan
28-11-2013, 10:19 PM
Actually heard that they will be only playing half of their home games there next year as no availability due to women's and all Adamstown's teams?
but council will not rule on this till new year?

NBN draw now finalised and public, Women's draw should follow shortly now Thornton stepped up and replaced Lakes. Once they are finished available dates will be known for New Lambton games.

Depending on how much ID (Russ Henry) is willing to base ZPL draw on those availabilities will be big influence in home games played at Adamstown.

Interesting point will be who had say on closing grounds due to wet conditions.

Thomas477
28-11-2013, 10:30 PM
Only going off what I saw on their Facebook page.

As for the WPL, assuming NBN requires sat/sun, there's nothing to stop NL and the WPL playing on the same w/e as each other, on the w/e that NBN isn't playing there, as per this year.

Will be interesting to see how the pitch holds up.

curious_fan
28-11-2013, 10:32 PM
Is Platts seniors impacted by the recent article about the juniors being close to folding if new volunteers did not step forward?

I have noticed they seem to be the remaining club still actively advertising inviting coaching applications in Sat Herald, and paid positions at that.

Thomas477
29-11-2013, 12:25 AM
Can't say for certain on that, but I know that the juniors were looking at getting a ground specific for their all age teams, in The Sanctuary (Fletcher), but another pair of clubs have teamed up and are confident of getting the ground allocated to them by NCC.

I will say that it's always been my belief that Plattsy have always had a rather strong junior base. That's based from my experiences with Lambton over the years. If they did fold due to a lack of volunteers, it'll be a huge shame.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
07-12-2013, 08:18 AM
The New Lambton Eagles will be having a kick for all current and prospective players on Sunday 15/12 at Alder Park, New Lambton.
Apparently is was a bit warm last week, so kick off will be 9am to avoid some of the heat!
Any queries please contact:
Head Coach- Paul McGuiness- 0432611570
Assistant- Callum Manderson- 0419714181

Retro Jet
08-12-2013, 09:54 PM
Only going off what I saw on their Facebook page.

As for the WPL, assuming NBN requires sat/sun, there's nothing to stop NL and the WPL playing on the same w/e as each other, on the w/e that NBN isn't playing there, as per this year.

Will be interesting to see how the pitch holds up.

We (Cookers) did it with Merewether WPL at Athfield.
No problems...ever.
Some weeks it was just the 2 grades of ZL3 played on the Sat though.
Much less traffic on there than has been allowed in previous years.

fresh
23-12-2013, 11:41 PM
prediction that wallsend will make a run for this title after promotion from zl1

if the rumours of adding lez and bobby to a already strong first grade squad are true.

Drunken ranger
24-12-2013, 07:50 AM
Lez has signed bobby not too sure bout

boz-monaut
24-12-2013, 07:59 AM
keep the player movement discussion to the other thread guys

lafootball
29-12-2013, 03:24 PM
THE GALLAGHER SHIELD
Wallsend Fc vs South Cardiff Fc

Wallsend will play South Cardiff in the very first Gallagher Shield. The Gallagher shield is in honour of Peter Gallagher who passed away from brain cancer just last year. Pete played for both of these great clubs and was a special player and person.
We are hoping to make this a yearly event between these two sides. The day will be held at the Gardens in Wallsend on February 2 and next year at South Cardiff, all three grades will play: 3rd grade, reserves and first grade. There will be a points system in place to determine which club wins the Shield, for example: If wallsend win in reserve grade they get 5 pts, if first grade win they get 7 pts etc. Which ever club ends up with the most points will win the Gallagher Shield and will get to keep that shield at their club for the year as well as bragging rights!
Each year we would like to dedicate this day to someone in need. Katie Vullo lost her husband just 8 weeks ago to a brain tumor. He had only just graduated with first class honours at Newcastle University as a lawyer & they were moving to Sydney for a job when he was diagnosed in November 2012 with a grade 4 GBM. The highest grade and most aggressive brain tumor. He passed away at the age of just 30. Katie is also 34 weeks preganant with their first child.
So on the day we are looking to raise some money for her and her child. The day is all about helping someone in need and I’m sure we can pack out the stadium and show our support!
For entry, there will be a gold coin donation. Also on the day there will be a BBQ, raffles, canteen, bar, entertainment and of course, some competitive football.
It would be great to see everyone wearing red & white on the day. After the games are finished, the club boxes at the top of the stadium will be opened for everyone to enjoy some drinks and share some stories! It would be great to get as many old boys from both clubs to make it a special day. Red and white is the colour of the day. So if you have nothing on that day, feel free to come down and have a watch. Cheers