PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Zone Premier League Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

boz-monaut
14-11-2012, 10:26 AM
2013 Zone Premier League Thread

Old Wise Man
22-11-2012, 09:19 PM
OK imgoing to put it ut there, and I know you guys will think im crazy with my selections, so I have justified them in brackets!

top 4 (no particular order)

Cooks Hill (quality team this year, will do well again with the same team)
Warners Bay (another good team, losing a few players butshould still be strong)
Mayfield (signed most of Lambton Jaffas 23s players from this year)
Plattsy (decentthis year, new coach Mal will attract some goodplayers)

upset out of the 4
New Lambton - Paul Wheeler, Danny rufo have left. QUestions over BradDavies staying and Chris Tange has isnt coaching anymore

idontwannaplaywithhowey
24-11-2012, 08:06 PM
Bit early isnt it.....nobody even knows the makeup of any squads.....

Retro Jet
24-11-2012, 11:40 PM
OK imgoing to put it ut there, and I know you guys will think im crazy with my selections, so I have justified them in brackets!

upset out of the 4
New Lambton - Paul Wheeler, Danny rufo have left. QUestions over BradDavies staying and Chris Tange has isnt coaching anymore

I ran into Mal outside the ground after we beat the sCCuM. Lovely bloke with a good football pedigree.
His German is impecable too.....for a Skip. :wink:

oneeye
25-11-2012, 10:02 AM

upset out of the 4

I heard Brad is coaching at Cardiff next year, if so that will be a big change for both clubs.

Old Wise Man
26-11-2012, 10:04 PM
I heard Brad is coaching at Cardiff next year, if so that will be a big change for both clubs.

That is interesting.guess it is too early to predict how teams are, but I still maintain New Lambtonwill have to feel some hurt with the loss of Bradetc..
Also Plattsy were solid this year and unlucky losing alot of games by a thin margin, Mal will bring alot to the team. Especially if he player/coaches

Mayfield will go well too with The Jaffas boys there, they really finished strongly last year and with the experience they brought in i think they will be real dark horses.

I hope New Lambton can recover from the loss of those players and be strong next year, they have been uo there for a number of years now.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
27-11-2012, 11:50 AM
That is interesting.guess it is too early to predict how teams are, but I still maintain New Lambtonwill have to feel some hurt with the loss of Bradetc..
Also Plattsy were solid this year and unlucky losing alot of games by a thin margin, Mal will bring alot to the team. Especially if he player/coaches

Mayfield will go well too with The Jaffas boys there, they really finished strongly last year and with the experience they brought in i think they will be real dark horses.

I hope New Lambton can recover from the loss of those players and be strong next year, they have been uo there for a number of years now.

From my understanding they are just rumours regarding Brad, and of course if he left it would be a significant loss as he is a quality player (despite being about 74 now), and in respect of the other losses, there will be no worries in terms of recovery. New Lambton have been a strong contender for a number of years, and the club has no expectation that this will change. The Eagles plan to fight for the minor premiership again this year, and will be expected to do so. The last few years have seen the competition strengthen a great deal, and I would suspect just about every team would be in with a shot of the semi's.

mussfc
29-11-2012, 11:10 PM
Mayfield United ZPL Zone Premier League 2013

Mayfield United FC are hosting Trial Days on Sunday the 2nd & 16th of December.
These trial days are being held at Merewether High School. (Melville Road Broadmeadow). 10.30am Sharp Start.
Mayfield United is looking for new players for 1st Grade, Reserve Grade and Third Grade. The club is looking to continue pushing the Youth Policy within the club and is looking for players u/23 to fill the third grade team.
2013 is looking to be a very exciting year for Mayfield, with a good young player base across all three grades, some strong quality off season recruits, strong sponsors, and a more professional approach to our ZPL teams training and playing structure.
If you are undecided where you are playing next year come and have a run with the new look Tigers.

If you would like more information PM me or contact Pete 0410601903, or visit www.mayfieldunitedfc.com.au
MOVING FORWARD WITH AN EYE ON THE PAST

idontwannaplaywithhowey
04-12-2012, 04:16 PM

These trial days are being held at Merewether High School. (Melville Road Broadmeadow). 10.30am Sharp Start.
Mayfield United is looking for new players for 1st Grade, Reserve Grade and Third Grade. The club is looking to continue pushing the Youth Policy within the club and is looking for players u/23 to fill the third grade team.
2013 is looking to be a very exciting year for Mayfield, with a good young player base across all three grades, some strong quality off season recruits, strong sponsors, and a more professional approach to our ZPL teams training and playing structure.
If you are undecided where you are playing next year come and have a run with the new look Tigers.

If you would like more information PM me or contact Pete 0410601903, or visit www.mayfieldunitedfc.com.au

Nice work Mayfield on the 3rd Grade staying u/23. We are the same, and fail to understand why the change was made, and the lack of consultation with the the clubs involved.

Retro Jet
10-12-2012, 01:18 PM
Just did a draw comparison from last year.
Apart form a few changes with round 5 -7, pretty much the same draw as 2012 for us.
Anyone else have the same pattern?
Barnsley a straight swap for MoTown too....

:sigh:

Doris
11-12-2012, 08:11 AM
Nice work Mayfield on the 3rd Grade staying u/23. We are the same, and fail to understand why the change was made, and the lack of consultation with the the clubs involved

??? The draw still says under 23 I haven't heard of any change can anyone confirm if this is true or just forum ramblings....

mussfc
15-12-2012, 09:51 PM
If you are undecided on next year why not come down for a kick tomorrow, new players welcome

LINGERA
18-12-2012, 02:09 PM
Can anyone tell me player movements for Cardiff ???

boz-monaut
18-12-2012, 02:21 PM
http://www.lacelesteblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Tactics-Board1.jpg

LINGERA
18-12-2012, 03:23 PM
your missing the cricket pitch in the middle of the field, but you have nailed the fact that the players avoid it.

Buddha
18-12-2012, 05:13 PM
well played on both parties there

Stinga
20-12-2012, 02:52 PM
Zone Premier League 2013
Warners Bay FC Premiers and Club Champions 2012

Warners Bay FC are proud to announce & welcome ALLEN GILDAY (GILA) as head coach for the 2013 season.

Premier League training will commence with a light training session and a meet & greet BBQ Wednesday 23rd January 630pm at Warners Bay Oval.
Then starting 29th January every Tues & Thurs 6:30pm At Warners Bay Oval all current & intending players welcome.

Head Coach Allen Gilday (Gila) 0423 301 574
Reserve Grade Dave Burns
U23’s Mark Pepperall
Goal Keeping Dave McQuire Ex Australian & National League Goal Keeper
John Clinton Coaching Coordinator & youth development.

LINGERA
20-12-2012, 03:25 PM
Zone Premier League 2013
Warners Bay FC Premiers and Club Champions 2012

Warners Bay FC are proud to announce & welcome ALLEN GILDAY (GILA) as head coach for the 2013 season.

Premier League training will commence with a light training session and a meet & greet BBQ Wednesday 23rd January 630pm at Warners Bay Oval.
Then starting 29th January every Tues & Thurs 6:30pm At Warners Bay Oval all current & intending players welcome.

Head Coach Allen Gilday (Gila) 0423 301 574
Reserve Grade Dave Burns
U23’s Mark Pepperall
Goal Keeping Dave McQuire Ex Australian & National League Goal Keeper
John Clinton Coaching Coordinator & youth development.

so Cardiff player movements to warnersbay then?

idontwannaplaywithhowey
09-01-2013, 10:12 AM
New Lambton Eagles Zone Premier League pre season training commences at 6pm on 29th January at Alder Park, New Lambton. All welcome. For further enquiries pm me or contact head coach Frank Klaassen on 0438207623.

Cooks Hill United FC
09-01-2013, 10:46 AM
http://www-static2.spulsecdn.net/pics/00/01/86/04/1860424_1_M.jpg

Zone Premier League Champions 2011 and 2012, Cooks Hill United Fe pre-season training and trials commence January 15 and run Tuesdays/Thursdays as per previous seasons

Pre-season training will be held at #4 National Park

If you can’t make training and are still keen to play you need to advise us, either by private message to this address or by contacts on our website www.cookshillfc.com as we will be considering new players

Bulldogs 1962
22-01-2013, 09:40 PM
Barnsley Bulldogs pre season will start on tuesday 29th jan at 6pm at our home ground, any new players are more then welcome to come along and have a run. Were looking to be very competitive again this year, building on back to back promotions and looking to be up there again. We have a new coaching staff and are very keen to get this season off to a good start.

seldom
22-01-2013, 09:59 PM
who's coachin out there Bdog ?

Bulldogs 1962
23-01-2013, 08:30 PM
who's coachin out there Bdog ?

Head coach this year Sam Griffin, only a young coach but very much suited to the club we are building! With or average age of our squad being around 24, we have a good foundation to become very strong over the next few years. And the coaches for the other grades/assistants are not finalised yet so can't announce anything there, but I do know we have had a bit of interest in them so will be sorted in the very near future.

Are very excited to see how we go in this grade this year! Just want it to start already

Bulldogs 1962
24-01-2013, 09:04 PM
How are the other teams looking from last year, have heard rumours of a few teams picking a number of strong signings, any predictions yet

oneeye
25-01-2013, 08:44 AM
How are the other teams looking from last year, have heard rumours of a few teams picking a number of strong signings, any predictions yet

Sounds like you know some, care to share?

Bulldogs 1962
25-01-2013, 07:02 PM
Sounds like you know some, care to share?

Well I stress they are all rumours, but as stated brfore mayfield have signed majority of jaffas 23's from last year, plattsy have made a few signings to strengthen there squad and Dudley have signed a good bunch of players from azzuri (also told these were 1st graders). We ourselves have added a few new players to the squad but are very happy with the team we have built over the last two years, with 1st's losing only 2 game and res losing only 4, in the past two seasons

Big Al
04-02-2013, 10:35 AM
Judging by the responses I have had their must be a wealth of GK talent in Newcastle, but if anyone (NEW FM or ZPL) needs one PM me.

Bulldogs 1962
10-02-2013, 07:45 PM
Wandered out and watched mayfield v suburbs today, game was pretty scrappy, definitely looked like the first run of the season for both teams with suburbs taking the spoils 1-0 through a pen after mayfield missed one early on.

leftrightout
12-02-2013, 02:11 PM
Wandered out and watched mayfield v suburbs today, game was pretty scrappy, definitely looked like the first run of the season for both teams with suburbs taking the spoils 1-0 through a pen after mayfield missed one early on.

Aren't Mayfield full of ex Jaffas 23's?
Interesting result regardless of being first run of the year or not!

Bulldogs 1962
12-02-2013, 03:39 PM
Aren't Mayfield full of ex Jaffas 23's?
Interesting result regardless of being first run of the year or not!

I thought that was the case myself, but if the boys who played in this game are the ones who did that for the jaffas u23 last year then the newfm U23 comp need to take a hard look at itself! They were beaten by a suburbs team who didn't play there best but still were good for the win

chocolate soldier
12-02-2013, 05:30 PM
I thought that was the case myself, but if the boys who played in this game are the ones who did that for the jaffas u23 last year then the newfm U23 comp need to take a hard look at itself! They were beaten by a suburbs team who didn't play there best but still were good for the win

pretty sure the quality overall of the new fm U23's and U19's is in general quite poor to be honest. no offence intended, but there are some boys playing in those comps that just should not be, but are due to lack of numbers and competition at different clubs

leftrightout
12-02-2013, 05:39 PM

Did they look like a young team? I suppose newfm 23s isn't the strongest and alot of people under estimate the level of ZPL. (I know suburbs are in ZL1 but from what I saw last year were way ahead of the pack with Barnsley and suns... Probably ZPL quality)

Bulldogs 1962
12-02-2013, 09:44 PM
They werent full of young guys but there a few, i was still expecting a bit better showing from a team that is rumoured to be strong this year. and i totally agree with suburbs being a very strong zl1 team, but they were no way at there best and still were pretty confortable

Keep the long balls short
13-02-2013, 01:49 PM

pretty sure the quality overall of the new fm U23's and U19's is in general quite poor to be honest. no offence intended, but there are some boys playing in those comps that just should not be, but are due to lack of numbers and competition at different clubs

Two points:

1. Anyone that knows football or has played the game knows that pre-season friendly matches is about fitness , shape and promoting new players , new structure etc ..............Results are not important at all and any decent coach will tell you that

2. Like any league the ZPL will always have players that would be a great addition to leagues above them and some people play at the ZPL level purely due to work or family commitments or unable to commit to training but to say that the overall standard of the under 23s and 19s of Newfm is poor is laughable and clearly taken from having no knowledge of that league. Jaffas 23s in particular were outstanding last year and would have wiped the floor with all ZPL first grade teams as would lilely have Maitlands 23s and Adamstowns 23s.

chocolate soldier
13-02-2013, 03:43 PM
Two points:

1. Anyone that knows football or has played the game knows that pre-season friendly matches is about fitness , shape and promoting new players , new structure etc ..............Results are not important at all and any decent coach will tell you that

2. Like any league the ZPL will always have players that would be a great addition to leagues above them and some people play at the ZPL level purely due to work or family commitments or unable to commit to training but to say that the overall standard of the under 23s and 19s of Newfm is poor is laughable and clearly taken from having no knowledge of that league. Jaffas 23s in particular were outstanding last year and would have wiped the floor with all ZPL first grade teams as would lilely have Maitlands 23s and Adamstowns 23s.

i said the overall standard in case u didnt read that part
i reckon you would find a few ZPL teams that would not agree with your comment about wiping the floor with them, but hey, after all this is only opinions...

LINGERA
13-02-2013, 04:10 PM
Two points:

to say that the overall standard of the under 23s and 19s of Newfm is poor is laughable and clearly taken from having no knowledge of that league. Jaffas 23s in particular were outstanding last year and would have wiped the floor with all ZPL first grade teams as would lilely have Maitlands 23s and Adamstowns 23s.

have read this 4 or 5 times and still makes me giggle.

slobsy
13-02-2013, 04:36 PM
I love how all these blokes are rating the quality of the leagues based on 1 pre-season game.

lol, carry on you donuts.

Bon
13-02-2013, 04:48 PM
I love how all these blokes are rating the quality of the leagues based on 1 pre-season game.

And here I was thinking you were just kicking back doing the old " :popcorn: " like I have been, Slobsy.. Finally bitten ay? haha

slobsy
13-02-2013, 04:53 PM
And here I was thinking you were just kicking back doing the old " :popcorn: " like I have been, Slobsy.. Finally bitten ay? haha

haha, i'm all out of popcorn, tbh

14-02-2013, 09:09 AM
i said the overall standard in case u didnt read that part
i reckon you would find a few ZPL teams that would not agree with your comment about wiping the floor with them, but hey, after all this is only opinions...

I know you did buddy and I was not having a go at your post , just adding to it.

As I said, I aint slagging the ZPL (far from it infact). There are players in that league that could play NBN never mind Newfm but for reasons of other commitments they dont.

14-02-2013, 09:10 AM
have read this 4 or 5 times and still makes me giggle.

Try pulling your trousers up and then read it again ........!!!!

14-02-2013, 09:11 AM

I know , its very amusing. As I said earlier pre-season is about shape , fitness , finding out things about new players... results are not important !!!!!

demon
14-02-2013, 12:43 PM
I know , its very amusing. As I said earlier pre-season is about shape , fitness , finding out things about new players... results are not important !!!!!

I always enjoy the two different perspectives taken by players and coaches after a trial, especially the early ones.

The winners - "great form, played well, strong defence, title contenders etc"

The losers - "expected result, fitness, new players fitting in, playing out of position"

Bulldogs 1962
16-02-2013, 07:09 PM
any trials this weekend

hawk
16-02-2013, 10:25 PM

and here i was thinkin pre-season form virtually predicts the season. best donuts are plain and warm arrrrrggg

hawk
16-02-2013, 10:36 PM
Two points:

1. Anyone that knows football
2. Jaffas 23s in particular were outstanding last year and would have wiped the floor with all ZPL first grade teams as would lilely have Maitlands 23s and Adamstowns 23s.

2 cliche's that should be outlawed. No team is gonna wipe any other except morri from those grades. would be good to see though.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
17-02-2013, 06:43 PM
New Lambton Eagles are looking for a trial for reserve grade and u/23's at Adamstown Oval on the 23rd March. Its the State Cup weekend and we have had opponents pull out. If any clubs are interested please PM me.

LINGERA
18-02-2013, 09:14 AM
Predictions

Warnersbay
cookshill
newlambton
Swansea

Barnsley
Plattsburg
Cardiff
mayfield
Dudley
Uni

Bulldogs 1962
18-02-2013, 09:15 PM
Haven't heard a lot about all the teams so I can't really make a full prediction, but did hear that Cardiff have been struggling a bit and have lost a few! Can anyone confirm this

howardyou
19-02-2013, 06:41 AM
Predictions

Warnersbay
cookshill
newlambton
Swansea

Barnsley
Plattsburg
Cardiff
mayfield
Dudley
Uni

Uni & Dudley last two? I doubt it. Unless you know something?

newyjet
23-02-2013, 06:11 PM
1. warners bay
2. cooks hill
3. swansea
4. plattsy
5. uni
6. new lambton
7. barnsley
8. mayfield
9. dudley
10 . cardiff

Pierre Essers
24-02-2013, 12:56 AM

Will have some of that tobaccy that your on dude as well...

Stinga
02-03-2013, 02:16 PM
Warners Bay is looking for a trial all grades 9 or 10 March. Please contact Mick 0437 676 498

Bulldogs 1962
04-03-2013, 05:18 PM
Have many teams managed to get any trial games in yet, we at the dogs have been washed out the past two weekends and the season is getting closer

Bulldogs 1962
06-03-2013, 09:17 PM
Bulldogs are playing wallsend on Sunday at the gardens, will be or first hit out as the previous two weekends have been ruined by this shit weather. I guess there's not many things happening with other teams as lack of posts on here

Youaskedforit
07-03-2013, 01:27 AM

Dudley 19s 5 toronto Awaba 19s 1

Bulldogs 1962
07-03-2013, 08:24 AM

That's a good result but why 19s and did any other grades play

LINGERA
07-03-2013, 08:45 AM

that has nothing to do with 1st grade....

idontwannaplaywithhowey
07-03-2013, 10:08 AM
and ZPL doesnt have an under 19's competition.

pastor399
18-03-2013, 12:45 PM
and ZPL doesnt have an under 19's competition.

maybe he is just a few years behind, im sure Dudley and The Stags were in 2HD/NewFM at the same time...once upon a time.

hawk
19-03-2013, 04:33 PM
Jardel!! What's happenen with Cardiff?

gk1985
21-03-2013, 09:47 PM
hey guys, wondering if any teams still looking for players? my brothers just moved here from Sydney. keen to play anywhere in the defence. played 1st grade for maroubra session before Last and a casual season with Mac uni last season... keen to get back into it. thanks for the help

L'Cookerarcher
22-03-2013, 12:19 PM
hey guys, wondering if any teams still looking for players? my brothers just moved here from Sydney. keen to play anywhere in the defence. played 1st grade for maroubra session before Last and a casual season with Mac uni last season... keen to get back into it. thanks for the help

We've had a few injury's in defense so would be happy to have a look at him. get him to email me at feckle@internode.on.net

gk1985
22-03-2013, 12:32 PM
thanks mate i'll get him to contact you.

United
22-03-2013, 07:22 PM
Dudley 1st grade 1 Charlestown Blues (State league) 0 and only the goalkeeper from Blues was missing. So good luck on Dudley finishing 2nd last champ

Bon
22-03-2013, 09:39 PM
Dudley 1st grade 1 Charlestown Blues (State league) 0 and only the goalkeeper from Blues was missing. So good luck on Dudley finishing 2nd last champ

Uh oh Newyjet.. Someone got offended by your personal opinions and predictions..

ForeverRed
22-03-2013, 10:37 PM

This post will be so funny if they do finish second last

Cabaye#4
23-03-2013, 12:37 PM

Are you referring to the result from the wednesday over a week ago?
Cos if so, i lol :roflz: at your comment about only goldy being missing from the 1st graders.
You'll find that was the charlestown u23s, so make what you will of claiming that victory.

United
24-03-2013, 10:31 AM
[QUOTE=Cabaye#4;32202]Are you referring to the result from the wednesday over a week ago?
Cos if so, i lol :roflz: at your comment about only goldy being missing from the 1st graders.
You'll find that was the charlestown u23s, so make what you will of claiming that victory.[/QUOTE

yeah that's why the 23's played the game before. Plus I saw Charlestown 1st grade yesterday and it was the same team that played TUESDAY not Wednesday hahaha. So try again champ

prawnhead
24-03-2013, 05:46 PM
[QUOTE=Cabaye#4;32202]Are you referring to the result from the wednesday over a week ago?
You'll find that was the charlestown u23s, so make what you will of claiming that victory.[/QUOTE

yeah that's why the 23's played the game before. Plus I saw Charlestown 1st grade yesterday and it was the same team that played TUESDAY not Wednesday hahaha. So try again champ

Was at Dudleys oval for both the Dudley v Charlestown and Charlestown v Weston matches.

Dudley and Charlestown were both at full strength and Dudley completely dominated the match for 90 min. Score could have been 9 or 10 nil. :gent:

Charlestown yesterday were by far the better side in a 4-2 win over Weston. If it were Dudley v Weston the score undoubtedly would have been 5-2 to Dudley (based on their 1-0 win over Charlestown).:sigh:

Shere Khan
24-03-2013, 11:06 PM
Cardiff City had a trial yesterday.
Third grade v CCFC all age e 3-1
Bit of a throw together side for third grade and all ages first run.
Reggies v Woongarrah (Central Coast 2nd div) Reggies 13-2 ?
Some great goals scored in a good run for our boys.
1st's v Woongarrah 1st's 6-5
They had Andre Gumprecht playing middle of the park and played a very structured game. They had early lead but we pegged them back to be 6-4 just after halftime when out keeper had a nasty cut above his eye which sent him off to hospital. A late penalty for them finished the game. A good hit out for our guys against such a well structured team.

seldom
25-03-2013, 12:08 AM
well structured with 6 goals against or was it 5...seems a strange comment

Shere Khan
25-03-2013, 08:39 AM
well structured with 6 goals against or was it 5...seems a strange comment

Cardiff 6 Woongarrah 5
What I meant was that Andre has just taken over the coaching role and has implemented a new system that obviously they are still getting used to. I think they will need a while before they start to get the hang of it.
It was a trial so everybody was trying different things.

pv4
25-03-2013, 08:47 AM
from what i've gathered just from observation & opinions etc - the top central coast league is roughly on par with the newfm comp before it became like it is now (aka when the majority of the comp were competitive, rather than 2-3 teams competitive & the rest as bad as each other). so a second div team basically on the same level as a zpl team i guess makes sense in my head.

judging by the trial games all around newcastle football, seems like there needs to be a fair bit of work done by all defences as there have been some stupidly high scores this preseason.

seldom
29-03-2013, 01:28 AM
Heard dudley were beaten by south cardiffs U23s last night 3-1 and if not for the dudley keeper would of been many more.Not sure if it was Dudleys 1sts,reserves or younger though

ForeverRed
29-03-2013, 07:42 AM
Dudley first grade, their young keeper was exceptional, Southy 23s are a good side, 4.1 final score

Stinga
03-04-2013, 08:41 AM
Due to player movements and work commitments Warners Bay ZPL has several positions available on our player roster. All inquiries contact Head Coach Al Gilday (Gila) on 0423 301 574

Mr_Magoo
03-04-2013, 11:01 AM
Swansea FC players including Under 23's Required
Due to some late player movements we are seeking players for ZPL limited positions left
All inquiries contact Coach Craig McB on 0418610629 or private message on forum

Premy
05-04-2013, 12:10 PM
How's the ground looking for tomorrow Jardel? Chomping at the bit for the RSL CUP

Shere Khan
05-04-2013, 05:32 PM
Champions League I mean Rsl cup is on!

Premy
05-04-2013, 07:02 PM
Champions league?? That's no where near prestigious enough to compare to the RSL CUP

Jardelsimage
05-04-2013, 07:42 PM
was at the ground late today(by defult, next door to the bowlo) a couple of dodgy patches, any more rain and i think it will be off thou.
sorry to upset my many fans i have out there, who cant wait for my(supposibly one sided match reports) hahahah i have gone back to playin golf, so wont be at as many games this year.
but i will still be throwin my two bobs worth in

Shere Khan
09-04-2013, 09:02 PM
Cardiff played Garden Suburbs for the Rsl cup in all grades.

3rds Cardiff 3-1
Good run for the young boys. Plenty of numbers ensures good competition for start spots.

Res Suburbs 2-1
Our guys are struggling to gel at the moment and it showed as Suburbs wanted it more.

1sts Suburbs 2-1
Suburbs will go well this year once they get game time together with there new signings. Two early goals shocked us and then we lifted. A lucky deflection got us into the game but the big issue was 4 clear chances wasted by us. We still haven't had all firsts on the park regularly so will probably not get anywhere until a few games into the season.
Great game played in good spirits and good crowd.

ace22
11-04-2013, 02:39 PM
first round

New lambton vs barnsley
swansea vs dudley
mayfield vs uni
platsburg vs cooks hill
warnersbay vs cardiff

any predictions?

Reds Forever
11-04-2013, 09:19 PM
Draw
Swansea
Uni
Draw
Warners Bay

leftrightout
11-04-2013, 09:57 PM
first round

New lambton vs barnsley
swansea vs dudley
mayfield vs uni
platsburg vs cooks hill
warnersbay vs cardiff

any predictions?

All the away teams...

Premy
11-04-2013, 10:45 PM
Ace are you at swansea?
I thought you guys were swimming in youth and from what I know about the club and I do know a lot of the people there you should have no problem. Have you had a mass walk out

namwob99
12-04-2013, 06:16 AM
http://www.newcastlefootball.com.au/fileadmin/user_upload/nth-nsw-football/Competitions/Regulations_and_By-Laws/2013/REGULATION_E_2013.pdf

ace22
12-04-2013, 08:48 AM
thanks mate

Premy
12-04-2013, 09:21 AM
After checking with a few people I found out what happened to some of the young lads from last year. Not good to hear you guys are struggling I hope you can pick up a few young blokes soon all the best for the season mate

ace22
12-04-2013, 11:21 AM
After checking with a few people I found out what happened to some of the young lads from last year. Not good to hear you guys are struggling I hope you can pick up a few young blokes soon all the best for the season mate

you too . which club are you playing for or affiliated with?

Premy
12-04-2013, 11:52 AM
you too . which club are you playing for or affiliated with?

Garden Suburb

ace22
12-04-2013, 12:41 PM
guess i shall see you next season then if all goes to plan for you guys

Premy
12-04-2013, 01:51 PM
Haha maybe there is a long way to go before that happens

idontwannaplaywithhowey
12-04-2013, 03:18 PM
i know the whole third grade (under 23s) thing has bin discussed 6 on the team sheet etc etc.

but does anyone have a link to the official rules for this grade this season?.

Ive bin asked by someone else to find it. 1/3 of our squad are 24 this year. And we barely even have 6 under23s .

and half the ones that are are first graders. Creating a bit of a dilema.

Sounds like quite the dilemna mate...I guess with the rule changes you only really need 2 u/23's to play and another 4 on the bench (if thats the way your club is headed)....Our club is overall very disappointed with the associations decision to revert to basically a 3rd grade format, it pretty much kills any chances of promotion for ZPL teams (or the chance to be competitive if they are). We have continued with the u/23's vein though as it will be beneficial to our club, and will endeavour to have a maximum of 2 players over the age of 23 on our team sheet each week. Hopefully a lot of clubs have taken the same tack to ensure our competition continues to improve.

ace22
12-04-2013, 04:32 PM
Sounds like quite the dilemna mate...I guess with the rule changes you only really need 2 u/23's to play and another 4 on the bench (if thats the way your club is headed)....Our club is overall very disappointed with the associations decision to revert to basically a 3rd grade format, it pretty much kills any chances of promotion for ZPL teams (or the chance to be competitive if they are). We have continued with the u/23's vein though as it will be beneficial to our club, and will endeavour to have a maximum of 2 players over the age of 23 on our team sheet each week. Hopefully a lot of clubs have taken the same tack to ensure our competition continues to improve.

. From what ive heard they wish they were the same still under23s. But if they dont have the juniors staying what can they do. The facilities are good the club is good. But if that rule didnt change i doubt we would be fielding a team this season simple as that.

I very much doubt we have a player under 21 looking at the blokes. and only 39 registered atm. and plenty of people with commitments that take them away from games. We still need a player or to!

Jardelsimage
12-04-2013, 06:56 PM

well lets not start on this again, U23's should never been introduced anyway, and if you think this will harm your chances of promotion think again. if you were to go into 2hd with your 23's you would be smashed as there is quite a differnce between our's and their's. As most know i was am still against bringing this into ZPL, we were actively bringing youth thru, 2 years ago NL v tigers you beat us at warners gay, 8 out of 14 were under 22. you still can promote youth it's up to you.
cheers

ace22
13-04-2013, 01:41 AM
i also think theres enough grades with age restrictions . look at the 2 premier comps they have 17 19s and 23s ,firsts.

let zone leagues be open slather. Any youth with any chance of going anywere should make an nbn/newfm junior side anyway .

ace22
13-04-2013, 01:58 AM
Barnsley
swansea
mayfield
cooks hill
warnerbay

very un educated predictions but ill run with them.

hawk
13-04-2013, 06:05 PM
i also think theres enough grades with age restrictions . look at the 2 premier comps they have 17 19s and 23s ,firsts.

let zone leagues be open slather. Any youth with any chance of going anywere should make an nbn/newfm junior side anyway .

yep

mefa1984
13-04-2013, 06:08 PM
Mayfield - Uni

Thirds
3-0 Uni
Uni cashed in 2 defensive errors during the first half and controlled the ball early in the second, game was levelled during 2nd half but uni score a good goal from outside the 18yard box

Resies
5-1 Uni
One sided first half for uni (2-0 up). mayfield pumped it first 20 and got the 2-1. Uni regained control of the ball and put pressure again. Got a pen and 3-1. Last 2 goals were in the last 5.

First
1-1
Good first half, levelled game. However Uni took a defensive error from mayfield and went to half time 1-0 up. Second half wad really good, harder challenges and more intensity. Mayfield had more chances and half way thru the 2nd half a great shot from 30 yards put went over the keeper and we had a game 1-1 with 25 to go. More intensity shown from both teams however no more goals on the board. Was a very good game to watch.

hawk
13-04-2013, 06:27 PM
first round

New lambton vs barnsley
swansea vs dudley
mayfield vs uni
platsburg vs cooks hill
warnersbay vs cardiff

any predictions?

New lambton vs barnsley
swansea vs dudley
mayfield vs uni draw
platsburg vs cooks hill
warnersbay vs cardiff

ace22
13-04-2013, 07:06 PM
New lambton vs barnsley
swansea vs dudley
mayfield vs uni draw
platsburg vs cooks hill
warnersbay vs cardiff

make predictions after the games have been played and theres already match reports up for 2 of them good one lol

hawk
13-04-2013, 07:47 PM
make predictions after the games have been played and theres already match reports up for 2 of them good one lol

lol, saw the swansea score but not the uni/May one. took me more than 20mins to type out plus flog the kids in between. note the Cardiff upset!

front2
13-04-2013, 09:52 PM
lol, saw the swansea score but not the uni/May one. took me more than 20mins to type out plus flog the kids in between. note the Cardiff upset!

Ha! The Cardiff upset was not a big call hawk :)

hawk
13-04-2013, 10:30 PM
Ha! The Cardiff upset was not a big call hawk :)

:grin: tigers confident? nice

ace22
13-04-2013, 10:45 PM
barnsley new lambton game anybody?

pagey85
13-04-2013, 11:06 PM
barnsley new lambton game anybody?

3Rds 3 Nil New LambtoN
Res 3 All
First 1 All

spamg172
14-04-2013, 01:56 AM
Good match reports so far. Any more?

Bon
14-04-2013, 11:00 AM

Hahahaha Nice work Hawk.. Jardel was telling me ALL about you last week after the RSL cup..

ace22
14-04-2013, 11:26 AM
Mayfield - Uni

Thirds
3-0 Uni
Uni cashed in 2 defensive errors during the first half and controlled the ball early in the second, game was levelled during 2nd half but uni score a good goal from outside the 18yard box

Resies
5-1 Uni
One sided first half for uni (2-0 up). mayfield pumped it first 20 and got the 2-1. Uni regained control of the ball and put pressure again. Got a pen and 3-1. Last 2 goals were in the last 5.

First
1-1
Good first half, levelled game. However Uni took a defensive error from mayfield and went to half time 1-0 up. Second half wad really good, harder challenges and more intensity. Mayfield had more chances and half way thru the 2nd half a great shot from 30 yards put went over the keeper and we had a game 1-1 with 25 to go. More intensity shown from both teams however no more goals on the board. Was a very good game to watch.

did uni pick up good players in the off season?. did all the ex jaffas 23s from last year that were training with them pre season stay with mayfield premier does any1 no? if they did i would be assuming mayfield would have to be season contenders.

ace22
14-04-2013, 11:27 AM
Good match reports so far. Any more?

last 2 games on today.

hawk
14-04-2013, 05:05 PM
WBay v Cardiff
1st 0-3
2nd 6-1
3rd 4-1

I think these scores are correct. Bay looked a very different from last year and seemed a little disorganised, must be more to that? Cardiff also had quite a few new faces in 1sts. Cardiff dominated for large parts. Fairly warm looked a bit like a trial for the final 25.

hawk
14-04-2013, 06:24 PM
the reserve grade game wasnt as lop side as the score looked. warnersbay just finished most chances they got.

as for firsts good win for cardiff.. . Cardiff had a speedy player that put in all 3 goals. but after seeing both . The swansea dudley game was a another level above that game today.

1st goal came from the smaller guy who chested spun and volleyed in, the other two came from the bigger guy. wbay have had good depth over the last couple.

ace22
14-04-2013, 06:29 PM
heard warnesbay have lost a few first graders here and there . Have cardiff gained a few does anybody no?

and does anyone no the platsburg cooks hill results?

Jardelsimage
14-04-2013, 06:29 PM

as for firsts good win for cardiff.. . Cardiff had a speedy player that put in all 3 goals. but after seeing both . The swansea dudley game was a another level above that game today.[/QUOTE]

speedy bloke only scored two of the goals, Tigers should have won by 5, and as hawk said more of a training run in the end. Both sides need a lot of work thou.
didnt see earlier games so cant comment

hawk
14-04-2013, 06:35 PM

as for firsts good win for cardiff.. . Cardiff had a speedy player that put in all 3 goals. but after seeing both . The swansea dudley game was a another level above that game today.

speedy bloke only scored two of the goals, Tigers should have won by 5, and as hawk said more of a training run in the end. Both sides need a lot of work thou.
didnt see earlier games so cant comment

Glad to see you pulled yourself away from the masters :)

Retro Jet
14-04-2013, 06:39 PM
Plattsburg v Cooks Hill
Col Curran Oval

1st 3 -3 (HT 1-2)
Res 0-3 (HT 0-1)
U23 1-7 (HT: nfi)

Jardelsimage
14-04-2013, 06:39 PM
not sure what has happened here, but WTF with my post

ace22
14-04-2013, 06:43 PM
sorry half watching half talking to a mate.. didnt see one of the goals. somebody told me it was the same guy for a hatrick. ah well.

leftrightout
14-04-2013, 07:21 PM
platsburg putting it to cooks hill for the draw. warnersbay getting beat by cardiff. heard mayfield has a gun side this year and uni drew with them. Dudley have 3-4 star new blokes in there side and you could see once settled in they will be quality. swansea looking the same as last year so should do alrite. barnsley coming of promotion and beating new lambton.

comp looks wide open should be interesting!

Barnsley didn't beat new lambton, it was 1-1 but they did look very impressive! I hear Dudley also look good, so great result for Swansea! Comp certainy looks wide open as you said! A hell of alot more interesting than Newfm!

Premy
14-04-2013, 07:22 PM
Didn't Barnsley draw? If they had of won you would of seen bulldog and pagey going on about how good they are by now.

ace22
14-04-2013, 07:36 PM
yeah. i read it wrong. read thirds . on fire. could be the 10 drinks ive had or i could just be an idiot. ill use the first excuse anyway.

leftrightout
14-04-2013, 08:03 PM
Didn't Barnsley draw? If they had of won you would of seen bulldog and pagey going on about how good they are by now.

Hahaha at least they only go on about how good they are when they win... Jardel cough pv4 cough cough! Wow I think I should get this cough checked!

pagey85
14-04-2013, 10:53 PM

Haha Dont Be Like That. They Were All Good Games. Could Have Gone Either Way. First And Res Anyway. Fair Results In The End. Ps Don't Know Why My Phone Is Putting Capitals In

pastor399
15-04-2013, 09:59 AM
did uni pick up good players in the off season?. did all the ex jaffas 23s from last year that were training with them pre season stay with mayfield premier does any1 no? if they did i would be assuming mayfield would have to be season contenders.

The University squad ioverall is a lot deeper than it was for the last few years. There was a influx of new and returning players.... i believe there are a couple who have played at some decent levels of football both interstate and overseas......just rumors i have heard around the pub after games......

Jardelsimage
15-04-2013, 06:53 PM
[QUOTE=leftrightout;34644]Hahaha at least they only go on about how good they are when they win... Jardel cough pv4 cough cough! Wow I think I should get this cough checked![/QUOTE

you must have something down the back of your throat, maybe it's deep

Santic_FC
16-04-2013, 10:29 AM
Going to be an interesting year for Warners Bay with mass player movements away from the club. Of the players that started on the weekend, only two of them started in the grand final 8 months ago. Not only have we lost a bit of quality in first grade, but our depth has been stripped away as well. of the 15 people that where on the team sheet in the grand final in ressies, 8 have left the club. Not too sure why such a large number of players have left, especially considering how well we have gone the past two seasons being back to back premiers. But each to their own. We have a couple of promising u23's coming through the ranks who will definitely be getting a run in ressies / firsts this year.

After this weekend we have a couple of guys returning from overseas, injury and a wedding and that should provide us with a bit of cover, but we are struggling with numbers.
That being said we have a very good core and should still be competitive this season in firsts, and with the young guys stepping up into ressies, they will only get better as well.

ace22
16-04-2013, 10:44 AM
use arent struggling with numbers surely. Someone within the management of your club said they turned 10 blokes away that 'didnt make the cut' just last week?

After watching yours ressies and thirds they will do fine. Its that firsts quality that use are obviously missing like you said. Anyway goodluck for the season hope things get better :)

Santic_FC
16-04-2013, 10:59 AM
I cant see us turning anyone away at the moment, we had a couple of u23's trialling with us who unfortunately where not up to scratch compared to the rest of that side. But we gave a first grade start on the weekend to a young kid who played almost a full game of u23's and half a game of ressies. He was replaced after 30mins with another kid who before then hadn't even benched for ressies.

As i said earlier we get four first graders back after the dudley game which will provide us with some quality that we were missing on the weekend.

And hopefully our younger players keep going strong in ressies, we gave starts to quite a few of them and they played very well.

pv4
16-04-2013, 03:28 PM
didn't the warners bay exodus have something to do with a change of coaching?

that is totally second/third-hand information i've been given.

Santic_FC
16-04-2013, 05:04 PM
didn't the warners bay exodus have something to do with a change of coaching?

that is totally second/third-hand information i've been given.

Yeah it screwed us up a little bit. Gila was meant to come in and coach, was there for a few weeks until his work circumstances changed and he was swapped to arvo shift without any warning. Unfortunately he couldn't change his new work shift and Clinto, who was taking a backseat this year was forced to come back and coach the first team again.

The worst thing about it was the club was in limbo as Gila did everything he could to change his work shift and we gave him about a month to sort it out, but unfortunately it wasn't to be.

Other guys have just gone to play with other mates and the like as well.

howardyou
16-04-2013, 08:00 PM
Yeah it screwed us up a little bit. Gila was meant to come in and coach, was there for a few weeks until his work circumstances changed and he was swapped to arvo shift without any warning. Unfortunately he couldn't change his new work shift and Clinto, who was taking a backseat this year was forced to come back and coach the first team again.

The worst thing about it was the club was in limbo as Gila did everything he could to change his work shift and we gave him about a month to sort it out, but unfortunately it wasn't to be.

Other guys have just gone to play with other mates and the like as well.

So did they leave because Gila was leaving or because Clinto was coaching?

Or did you not have a coach for a few weeks?

hawk
17-04-2013, 01:30 PM
It is a damn shame but happens after a good run. Morri last year, Mayfield and Kahiba sunk after a couple of good previous years not all that long ago.

LINGERA
17-04-2013, 02:07 PM
It is a damn shame but happens after a good run. Morri last year, Mayfield and Kahiba sunk after a couple of good previous years not all that long ago.

Its what happens when majority of the squad in a given year is new to the club and has no link/loyalty to the club.

oneeye
17-04-2013, 04:05 PM
Its what happens when majority of the squad in a given year is new to the club and has no link/loyalty to the club.

I think the bigger part is no promotion. If you ask any of those clubs and also raymond Terrace they all would have held onto players and would of been a force in NEWFM.

hawk
17-04-2013, 04:21 PM
I think the bigger part is no promotion. If you ask any of those clubs and also raymond Terrace they all would have held onto players and would of been a force in NEWFM.

might as well have promotion to newfm. cant see how it would ruin the comp.

Santic_FC
18-04-2013, 04:42 PM
So did they leave because Gila was leaving or because Clinto was coaching?

Or did you not have a coach for a few weeks?

We gave Gila a couple of weeks to try and sort something out with his work, which unfortunately didnt happen.
I think a couple of the guys left because Gila wasnt coaching, while a few left for personal reasons rather then because Clinto was coaching.

The majority of the first grade squad had been together for 3 years and this would have been our fourth, so there is a little bit of loyalty there.

Bulldogs 1962
20-04-2013, 01:35 PM
Barnsley v plattsy
Washed out after 3rd grade had finished with Barnsley taking all 3 points with a 4-2 in that grade

mussfc
20-04-2013, 02:51 PM
Mayfield V Swansea
All grades Called off at halftime of 3rd grade with score at 0-0

ace22
20-04-2013, 03:30 PM
what do they do there. play a rematch of half a game?

Shere Khan
20-04-2013, 05:47 PM
Cardiff v New Lambton
Thirds 1-2 half time refs called day over.
I must say congrats to all teams who tried to play.

Guiltykeep
20-04-2013, 05:51 PM
what do they do there. play a rematch of half a game?
I think the rules something like if 3/4 of the game is played then the whatever the score is that's he final result. But If it gets called at halftime the games fully replayed

Swanky
20-04-2013, 05:52 PM
I think the rules something like if 3/4 of the game is played then the whatever the score is that's he final result. But If it gets called at halftime the games fully replayed
2 years ago we had a game called off at half time due to wet weather and the result stood

Shere Khan
20-04-2013, 05:54 PM

That's what refs said at Cardiff game although someone thought federation may decide?.

oneeye
23-04-2013, 10:38 PM
Mayfield v Swansea
1st grade 1-0
Res 2-3

fresh
24-04-2013, 12:54 AM
mayfield 2304 represent YEAHHHHHHH

leftrightout
24-04-2013, 07:12 AM
Mayfield v Swansea
1st grade 1-0
Res 2-3

Its obviously very early on in the season, but this comp seems to be shaping up to be anyones for the taking!
With such a high quality of football and basically every team very even, i would much prefer to watch ZPL than NEWFM!

ace22
25-04-2013, 02:52 AM
thirds 1 - 1

fresh
26-04-2013, 04:34 AM
bookies odds at the moment Mayfield 2.5/1
Uni 3.0/1
Cooks hill 3.0/1
Swansea 4/1
Cardiff 5/1
Plattsburg 5/1
Dudley 6/1
New Lambton 7/1
Barnsley 7/1
Warners bay 7/1

leftrightout
26-04-2013, 09:29 AM
bookies odds at the moment Mayfield 2.5/1
Uni 3.0/1
Cooks hill 3.0/1
Swansea 4/1
Cardiff 5/1
Plattsburg 5/1
Dudley 6/1
New Lambton 7/1
Barnsley 7/1
Warners bay 7/1

Interesting odds!
i dont quite understand how you can have cooks hill 3rd on that list though, surely they are favourites?

fresh
26-04-2013, 01:58 PM
there clearly not actual odds. Since its a 10 team race and every1s better then 7/1. But a bookie needs to make money. Anyone want to back there side at the above odds ? lol

Only 1 week of results out plus trails and state cup games so not to much to go off. Mayfield and Uni do look impressive though.
Cooks hill Is tied 2nd.

Bulldogs 1962
26-04-2013, 03:13 PM
Thought I'd make some prediction for this weekends games

Going to go with
Dudley
Swansea
Barnsley
Cooks hill
Warners bay
I think all games this year will be very close with all teams seeming very strong, so I won't be surprised to see a fair few draws throughout the year but there's no fun in putting those in my tips. Wonder how the rest of you see this weekends fixtures unfolding

ace22
26-04-2013, 03:48 PM
Thought I'd make some prediction for this weekends games

Going to go with
Dudley
Swansea
Barnsley
Cooks hill
Warners bay
I think all games this year will be very close with all teams seeming very strong, so I won't be surprised to see a fair few draws throughout the year but there's no fun in putting those in my tips. Wonder how the rest of you see this weekends fixtures unfolding

cooks hill are versing swansea so hard for them both to win maybe your looking at the wrong week

ace22
26-04-2013, 03:51 PM
dudley new lambton
cardiff barnsley
swansea cooks
mayfield warners bay
uni platsburg

Bulldogs 1962
26-04-2013, 04:32 PM
cooks hill are versing swansea so hard for them both to win maybe your looking at the wrong week

Yeah might have been, but I reckon uni will get up in that one

pagey85
27-04-2013, 04:54 PM
Barnsley Vs Cardiff
1-1 3Rds
4-3
Res Barnsley
3-2 1st Barnsley

ace22
27-04-2013, 05:14 PM
cooks hill swansea

2 0 thirds
5 0 reserves
1 1 firsts

Retro Jet
27-04-2013, 06:43 PM
Swansea v Cooks Hill

0 - 2 thirds
0 - 7 reserves
1 - 1 firsts

Fixed. :wink:

ace22
27-04-2013, 06:48 PM
i didnt see it.. i got told that. musta stopped counting after 5 . haha

ForeverRed
27-04-2013, 06:57 PM
Dudley 2 new lambton 1

Bulldogs 1962
27-04-2013, 10:22 PM
Dudley 2 new lambton 1

Other grades??

front2
27-04-2013, 10:33 PM
Other grades??

To early to make predictions. NL have a strong squad where it counts.

oneeye
27-04-2013, 10:42 PM
To early to make predictions. NL have a strong squad where it counts.
??
What does that mean ?

mefa1984
28-04-2013, 04:51 PM
Warmers Bay vs Mayfield

3rds
3-2 Bay

Resies
3-0 Bay

1st
4-0 Mayfield

fresh
28-04-2013, 05:44 PM
uni plattsburg anyone?

Guiltykeep
28-04-2013, 05:50 PM
Warmers Bay vs Mayfield
3rds
3-2 Bay

Resies
3-0 Bay

1st
4-0 Mayfield

What's happening with the bay??
Seems like their struggling without ski n darr

fresh
28-04-2013, 05:54 PM
heard they lost more then them 2. not only that. many of the sides improved greatly from last year. mayfield inparticular but also uni ,plattsburg, dudley they'll all tell you there team is stronger then last year.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
29-04-2013, 07:20 AM
Other grades??

23's- 7-3 New Lambton
Reggies- 5-2 Dudley

idontwannaplaywithhowey
29-04-2013, 07:26 AM
heard they lost more then them 2. not only that. many of the sides improved greatly from last year. mayfield inparticular but also uni ,plattsburg, dudley they'll all tell you there team is stronger then last year.

100 per cent correct.In the 5 years ive been playing id'1s/zpl this is the tightest comp ive seen. Really any side can make the semi's, so it will be an interesting year.

pastor399
29-04-2013, 08:27 AM
uni plattsburg anyone?

23's
2-1 Plattsburg

Res
2-1 Plattsburg

1st
0-5 Uni

howardyou
29-04-2013, 08:37 AM
23's- 7-3 New Lambton
Reggies- 5-2 Dudley

Plenty of goals and also a ZPL "Beard of the Year" contender for Slacky from Dudley. Reckons he shaved that morning.

Hairy Thistle
29-04-2013, 05:22 PM
Plenty of goals and also a ZPL "Beard of the Year" contender for Slacky from Dudley. Reckons he shaved that morning.

I hear he'll bag a few goals again this season, he's been talking it up a storm around the traps

Premy
29-04-2013, 06:05 PM
I hear talk is all the big man is got these days much like his beloved Geordies

beetlejuice
29-04-2013, 07:07 PM
they lost young ashley watt who was player of the year last year as well....

fresh
29-04-2013, 07:36 PM
what happened to plattsburg 1st grade this week?

theREALdoggies
30-04-2013, 08:19 AM
The boys had an off day but in saying that 4 of the 5 goals from UNI were absolute bombs. Hopefully we turn it around tomorrow night against Mayfield in the State Cup!

fresh
02-05-2013, 11:53 AM
did warnersbay hate there weekend 4-0 loss so bad they didnt send it to the association. its the only one not up on the nnsw website!

and good comeback game against mayfield mate. from a 5-0 beating to a win over arguably the competition favourites!

Bulldogs 1962
02-05-2013, 09:26 PM
Went pretty close with picking the round last week so going to have another bash at predicting the weekends results

Cardiff
Uni
Mayfield
Cooks hill
Barnsley

ace22
02-05-2013, 09:33 PM
platsburg
swansea
mayfield
cooks hill
dudley

Butt
03-05-2013, 11:21 AM
Plattsy
Uni
Mayfield
Cooks hill
Barnsley

LINGERA
03-05-2013, 02:01 PM
barnsley to win 3 consecutive ascending competitions, that wouldnt be forgotten in a hurry.

fresh
03-05-2013, 02:37 PM
bit early for all this barnsley talk they havent beeten anyone considered a chance of winning this year yet. When they do then the talk can start lol

hawk
03-05-2013, 04:36 PM
barnsley to win 3 consecutive ascending competitions, that wouldnt be forgotten in a hurry.

niether will the gf loss

Butt
03-05-2013, 05:49 PM
bit early for all this barnsley talk they havent beeten anyone considered a chance of winning this year yet. When they do then the talk can start lol

Who is consider to win it!! So far everyone has been saying that it is anyone's in this comp this year! But I never the less, I understand where your coming from. Don't know why all the fuss on Barnsley..

fresh
03-05-2013, 06:24 PM
it is anyones comp besides warnersbays ill right them off now.

i think uni, mayfield , cookshill are probably favourites at the moment. just an opinion

( take note i have seen every team in action this season besides barnsley and plattsburg)

Bon
03-05-2013, 07:57 PM
niether will the gf loss

Hahahaha Love your work, Hawk..

hawk
04-05-2013, 01:22 AM
Hahahaha Love your work, Hawk..

Would be a good feat from the Barnyard bois though...

Q. Will your trip os see you back in time for potential gf?

Retro Jet
04-05-2013, 05:55 PM
Cooks Hill v Warners Bay
Athfield

1st C/Hill 2 v Warners Bay 1
Res C/Hill 3 v Warners Bay 1
23's C/Hill 4 v Warners Bay 0

fresh
04-05-2013, 07:03 PM
anymore results from today/

Shere Khan
04-05-2013, 07:38 PM
Cardiff v Plattsy
Thirds 1-2
Reggies 0-1
1st 1-1

leftrightout
04-05-2013, 08:26 PM
Cooks Hill v Warners Bay
Athfield

1st C/Hill 2 v Warners Bay 1
Res C/Hill 3 v Warners Bay 1
23's C/Hill 4 v Warners Bay 0

People still writing off wb now?
I know it's a loss but still pushing one of the "favourites"

fresh
04-05-2013, 08:59 PM
yes if they get minor premiers ill get warnersbay tattoed on my penis

idontwannaplaywithhowey
04-05-2013, 09:07 PM
Mayfield v New Lambton
u/23's- 6-2 New Lambton
Reggies- 3-1 New Lambton
Firsts- 1-1.

Supersub
04-05-2013, 09:17 PM
Mayfield defiantly appear the goods in 1st grade just seem to be lacking quality in other grades so if injuries occur could be there killer

fresh
04-05-2013, 09:26 PM
anyone no the results of uni swansea?

Mr_Magoo
04-05-2013, 09:46 PM
swan - Uni
3rds 2-1 swans
2nds 1-3 uni

seldom
04-05-2013, 11:29 PM
yes if they get minor premiers ill get warnersbay tattoed on my penis

showoff

fresh
05-05-2013, 12:04 AM
swan - Uni
3rds 2-1 swans
2nds 1-3 uni

Don't know about firsts mate ..?

hawk
05-05-2013, 12:36 AM
Mayfield defiantly appear the goods in 1st grade just seem to be lacking quality in other grades so if injuries occur could be there killer

is this a plot?

pastor399
05-05-2013, 07:40 AM
swan - Uni
3rds 2-1 swans
2nds 1-3 uni
i think the boys said firsts was 0-5 or 0-6 to uni

Bremsstrahlung
05-05-2013, 08:57 AM
does anyone know what happened to the grandstand that was at Warner's Bay for about a year, then was pulled down? Unstable land near the creek?
Would've been a good set up if it was still there imo.

ForeverRed
05-05-2013, 12:25 PM
Illegally built

Retro Jet
05-05-2013, 12:42 PM
does anyone know what happened to the grandstand that was at Warner's Bay for about a year, then was pulled down? Unstable land near the creek?
Would've been a good set up if it was still there imo.

Illegally built :blush:

A DA is a DA is a DA....
Bureaucrats like their pound of flesh....no matter who it is!
Never got out to the Bay last season so I didn't see it.
How many did it hold approximately?

fresh
05-05-2013, 12:58 PM
i think the boys said firsts was 0-5 or 0-6 to uni

in a comp were every games drawn or won by 1 goal. thumping platsburg 5-0 last week and now the same to swansea. Theyve got to be huge favourites now surely

fresh
05-05-2013, 04:52 PM
dudley 1 - 0 barnsley 1st

dudley won both other grades too

hawk
05-05-2013, 05:11 PM

scoreboard had
res 4-3
3rd 3-2

leftrightout
05-05-2013, 05:43 PM

Interesting game in firsts. Dudley probly thought they got what they deserved, Barnsley would be feeling hard done by. Barnsley knocked back for what looked like two obvious penalties but that's the way it goes.
In my opinion neither team deserves to take he points off the others. A draw would have been a real reflection of the match.
Both teams have alot of talent an alot of fight, they should both end up in decent positions by the end of the season!

ace22
05-05-2013, 06:38 PM
yeah i saw the game to.. and a non biast opinion here would have me agree with you left right out. ill even go out on a limb and say barnsley were the better side. The ref certainly wasnt on there side in first grade.

hawk
05-05-2013, 07:07 PM
from my angle I saw another even affair. both have quality squads. Barns won the first half although 0-0. Dudley the 2nd up until they sat back with 15 to go and invited Barnsley in. seen barnsley twice this yr and have noticed some (a few) Barnsley turn on some disappointing behaviour when they go behind, this goes beyond the usual frustrated rant. why? pen calls were soft although i have seen them given.

ace22
05-05-2013, 07:12 PM
fair enough dudley definately setting the bar in 3rds and reserves though !

uni seems to be the gun side in 1sts

leftrightout
06-05-2013, 07:13 AM
from my angle I saw another even affair. both have quality squads. Barns won the first half although 0-0. Dudley the 2nd up until they sat back with 15 to go and invited Barnsley in. seen barnsley twice this yr and have noticed some (a few) Barnsley turn on some disappointing behaviour when they go behind, this goes beyond the usual frustrated rant. why? pen calls were soft although i have seen them given.

They were "soft" yes, but you shouldnt need to have a leg broken to get a penalty. On the halfway line they would have been fouls, therefore should be pens. Thats my theory anyway!
I cant say i noticed the dissapointing behaviour, i was on the top of the hill in the sun, so i couldnt hear anything. But from what ive seen around this year and last year Barnsley certainly arent the only club that does it.... it seems to be something ive seen around a fair few time, which is dissapointing!

pagey85
06-05-2013, 08:31 AM
pretty tough day out at Dudley. they definitely make it a good day... nice cold beers and a good sizzle...
didnt see the 2nd half of 3rds, but the boys seemed to think they threw it away.
us in resies certainly threw it away in the 2nd half... being up 3-1, extra man on the pitch but then conceding just before and after half time to make it 3-3, and getting a player sent of ourselves didnt help, then dudley score a winner right at the death.
only ourselves to blame. they wanted it more in the 2nd half.
1st was a good game. i think a draw would have been fair, but thats the way it goes hey.
need to pick it up against plattsy on wednesday.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
06-05-2013, 05:29 PM
fair enough dudley definately setting the bar in 3rds and reserves though !

uni seems to be the gun side in 1sts

They were beaten 7-3 in 3rds last week......

Hairy Thistle
06-05-2013, 06:05 PM
The Barnyards turned out in force and made it a great day at Thistle Park, good to see a couple come back to the pub after the games too. Pretty unlucky not to get a point, good claim for a penalty in first grade, fairly even encounter. Certainly showed they belong in the division

hawk
06-05-2013, 07:41 PM
They were "soft" yes, but you shouldnt need to have a leg broken to get a penalty. On the halfway line they would have been fouls, therefore should be pens. Thats my theory anyway!
I cant say i noticed the dissapointing behaviour, i was on the top of the hill in the sun, so i couldnt hear anything. But from what ive seen around this year and last year Barnsley certainly arent the only club that does it.... it seems to be something ive seen around a fair few time, which is dissapointing!

lol, you mean broken hair.

leftrightout
07-05-2013, 07:15 AM
lol, you mean broken hair.

Away from that particular match though, do you not agree that if it would be called on the halfway line then it should be called in the box?
or are you one of those who believe it has to be something worse for a penalty (by one of those i guess i mean a defender haha)

howardyou
07-05-2013, 10:29 AM
Away from that particular match though, do you not agree that if it would be called on the halfway line then it should be called in the box?
or are you one of those who believe it has to be something worse for a penalty (by one of those i guess i mean a defender haha)

I agree. But i'm a striker.

hawk
07-05-2013, 11:06 AM

good point. I would prefer a game is not decided by a menial incident in the box eg accidental handball is often given outfield and only sometimes in box. An obvious foul, give it. A contentious shoulder to shoulder grabbing each other, out field give a free to calm the tension but in box probs not. Probably why i couldnt be a ref.

Retro Jet
07-05-2013, 09:36 PM
Cooks Hill v University
National Pk No.4
1st Cooks Hill 2 v Uni 2

23's and Res's 6:15pm and 8pm - Thurs 9th.

Shere Khan
07-05-2013, 11:34 PM
Cardiff v New Lambton
Thirds 1-2
Res 1-1

1st tomorrow 6.30

front2
07-05-2013, 11:44 PM
Surprise result Retro in 1st. Now 2nds and 3rds for Cooks Hill have the opportunity to reset the bar on Thursday night.

howardyou
08-05-2013, 07:14 AM
Surprise result Retro in 1st. Now 2nds and 3rds for Cooks Hill have the opportunity to reset the bar on Thursday night.

Why would two of the better teams consistently for the past three years be a surprise when they have a draw? You fellas worry way too much about early season results. There's a long way to go.

leftrightout
08-05-2013, 07:26 AM
Why would two of the better teams consistently for the past three years be a surprise when they have a draw? You fellas worry way too much about early season results. There's a long way to go.

I agree, this is probably the result i would have picked.

Jardelsimage
08-05-2013, 09:11 PM
Cardiff v New Lambton

1st 3-0

hawk
08-05-2013, 10:31 PM
Cardiff v New Lambton
1st 3-0

give us a classic JI report.

Tangles
08-05-2013, 11:03 PM
Barnsley v Plattsy

Res 0-1
1sts 1 - 2

Quite a fiery night out at Barnsley with a few reds produced and referees insisting the spotlight be on them...Plattsys winning goal a tad controversial choosing to play on while one of our players was on his haunches Barnsley stopped, play continued and striker finished off the 1 on 1...Much needed win for the Plattsy Boys!!!

leftrightout
09-05-2013, 07:20 AM
Barnsley v Plattsy

Res 0-1
1sts 1 - 2

Quite a fiery night out at Barnsley with a few reds produced and referees insisting the spotlight be on them...Plattsys winning goal a tad controversial choosing to play on while one of our players was on his haunches Barnsley stopped, play continued and striker finished off the 1 on 1...Much needed win for the Plattsy Boys!!!

Play continued for the winner due to an absolutely disgraceful display of sportmanship by the plattsy striker...i don't know how it felt or looked on the field, but from where i was standing it looked very bad!
Thats all i will say on that one.

Other than that it was a tough match, barnsley unlucky in the first half with a few close calls but plattsy are a phyiscal side who will shake alot of teams this year.

I think the refs wanted to make sure they were noticed in the very average lights down at barnsley, and they certainly were noticed by everyone!

Butt
09-05-2013, 08:05 AM
After the barnsley Plattsy game goes to show that good sportsmanship as all but faded in the game. A complete disgrace by the plattsy striker and soon after by the plattsy players by condning his action when at first they did not agree with it, even screaming at his to stop play. To continue to play on after his own player was on the ground clutching his head and the Barsnley players in good faith stopped play to allow assistance. The striker continues to run on to a ball and score that was left by the Barnsley boys, Barnsley player even handled the ball to stop play as it went pass. Play should of stop there!! But some how was allowed to play on even know a player had a head injury on the ground. The worst part was the fact that the plattsy striker didnt see anything wrong with his actions and to top it of continued to be a smart ass about it. That was a low act and something I am disappointed to see in the game. Plattsy attempt to stall the game at the end even went as far as there substitute been subbed on trying to stall by claiming he had no shin pads and slowly put them on at the touch line when play was stop for him to come on.
I just hope that other teams/players dont slip into these dirt bag acts and have a little more respect for themselves and other players. There are desent and fair players in this comp and in the plattsy team, But that striker is not one..
Sorry for the rant, but it needs to be said. Feel free to disagree as there is always several views. And these are just mine. I have played this game for a long time now and i still get worked up over these types of things. I Should know better

spamg172
09-05-2013, 08:41 AM
http://au.businessinsider.com/luiz-adriano-suspended-for-unsportsmanlike-goal-2012-11

LINGERA
09-05-2013, 08:42 AM
wasnt that alex telfer muppet was it?

PlattsyBulldogs
09-05-2013, 08:51 AM
barnsley Vs Plattsburg Bulldogs last night,
2 hard games with the Plattsburg Bulldogs getting all 6 points on offer.

Res grade 1-0 winners, this results shows that both teams are well matched and should be there around the final series. Barnsley player being sent of with about 20 min to go for swearing in the direction of the lines girl which was the referees daughter. he was quiet happy to give a red card!

First grade - Plattsy 2-1 winners on the night. plenty of yellows cards then 2 red cards to finish the game off, this really shows that the referee didnt control the game the way it should of been.
The contorversey regarding plattsys first goal to make it 1-1.
as players growing up, the first thing that is taught is that you always play the whistle. there is no point disagreeing that.

The referee has the power to blow the whistle and his desision is final.
Sportsmenship and fair play is upto the person at that particular moment.
In saying all of that, yes i believe the referee should of stopped play and to attend the injured player.

PlattsyBulldogs
09-05-2013, 08:52 AM
no alex doesnt play with us anymore.

PlattsyBulldogs
09-05-2013, 08:53 AM
wasnt that alex telfer muppet was it?

no he doesnt play with us anymore

pv4
09-05-2013, 09:02 AM
arsenal did this to one of the sheffields back in the day iirc. pretty sure wenger went as far as getting the game replayed

leftrightout
09-05-2013, 09:06 AM
Barnsley player being sent of with about 20 min to go for swearing in the direction of the lines girl which was the referees daughter. he was quiet happy to give a red card!

Hahaha he was very happy to do it wasn't he.
He was an interesting chap!

as players growing up, the first thing that is taught is that you always play the whistle. there is no point disagreeing that
I dont think anyone is disageeing the lesson of play the whistle, and im sure barnsleys coach would have said that to his players but when someone is obviously hurt, the play had broken down, everyone on the field including plattsy players were yelling to stop play and kick it out... Play should be stopped.

Sportsmenship and fair play is upto the person at that particular moment.
I think this is why Butt made the point that there are fair players in the plattsy team. No one here has said plattsy are bad sports, it was very much a single persons decision. Unfortunately this players decision was a fairly disgraceful act (again, just my opinion).

LINGERA
09-05-2013, 09:58 AM
anyone major in ethics at uni and want to give us the right answer? :tongue:

pastor399
09-05-2013, 11:36 AM
anyone major in ethics at uni and want to give us the right answer? :tongue:

If the team are full of good sports, and the team/club as a whole wanted to do the right thing, wouldn't someone take a stand and score an own goal, let the other team walk it in after the restart ???

come on, most people are good sports and won't take advantage and score a goal when play should have stopped, but most people wont willingly give up any advantage they or someone in the team gains

this is good sportsmanship, anything less is plain average.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpwmdoRKer0

zplwombat
09-05-2013, 09:06 PM
I wasn't at the game last night Plattsy v Barnsley clearly because im a Wombat but last time i checked the rules you play to the refs whistle. Barnsley you didnt follow this rule therefore the goal was scored fair and square stop being sore losers and get over it!

zplwombat
09-05-2013, 09:08 PM
Nice video thanks for that but im into Wombat porn!!

zplwombat
09-05-2013, 09:11 PM
Hahaha he was very happy to do it wasn't he.
He was an interesting chap!

I dont think anyone is disageeing the lesson of play the whistle, and im sure barnsleys coach would have said that to his players but when someone is obviously hurt, the play had broken down, everyone on the field including plattsy players were yelling to stop play and kick it out... Play should be stopped.

I think this is why Butt made the point that there are fair players in the plattsy team. No one here has said plattsy are bad sports, it was very much a single persons decision. Unfortunately this players decision was a fairly disgraceful act (again, just my opinion).

Disgraceful wake up what's disgraceful is koala's rooting in a tree so ****ing noisey!

Retro Jet
09-05-2013, 09:56 PM
Cooks Hill v University
National Pk No.4
U23's: Cooks Hill 2 v University 2
Res's: Cooks Hill 2 v University 1

Pegonavich
09-05-2013, 11:33 PM
Plattsy on a rampage. Top dogs!!

Butt
10-05-2013, 06:54 AM
I wasn't at the game last night Plattsy v Barnsley clearly because im a Wombat but last time i checked the rules you play to the refs whistle. Barnsley you didnt follow this rule therefore the goal was scored fair and square stop being sore losers and get over it!

Its about doing the right thing. Its not in the rules to play the ball back to the opposition after a stoppage in play. But is the fair thing to do so. We stopped play because the guy was on the ground holding his head, which play "should" stop immediately. Most of the Plattys players stopped as well, excluding one pin head.
No one likes losing, But
I never stated in my post that the incident was the reason we lost. We still had chances to win the game, but didnt capitalise. I was just not happy with what happen. And for you to say " FAIR and Square", well pull your head in. That stuff should not happen in the game. And these incidents should be highlighted.
spamg172 posted a link http://au.businessinsider.com/luiz-a...e-goal-2012-11
Do you think this is " Fair and Square"?
Are you a Plattsy player?

theREALdoggies
10-05-2013, 08:06 AM
Its about doing the right thing. Its not in the rules to play the ball back to the opposition after a stoppage in play. But is the fair thing to do so. We stopped play because the guy was on the ground holding his head, which play "should" stop immediately. Most of the Plattys players stopped as well, excluding one pin head.
No one likes losing, But
I never stated in my post that the incident was the reason we lost. We still had chances to win the game, but didnt capitalise. I was just not happy with what happen. And for you to say " FAIR and Square", well pull your head in. That stuff should not happen in the game. And these incidents should be highlighted.
spamg172 posted a link http://au.businessinsider.com/luiz-a...e-goal-2012-11
Do you think this is " Fair and Square"?
Are you a Plattsy player?

He wasn't even on the ground FFS!!!In Reserve grade we had a player unconcious on half way and Barnsley didn't stop playing then so stop your bitch moaning!!! What's done is done now...we all know how big of a grudge match Round 2 is gonna be now so bring it on!!! ARRRHOOOOOOO!!!!

pagey85
10-05-2013, 08:24 AM
yep time to move on to this weekend i think... im a barnsley player and nothing can be done after the whistle goes...

leftrightout
10-05-2013, 11:42 AM
yep time to move on to this weekend i think... im a barnsley player and nothing can be done after the whistle goes...

Or doesn't go, in this case!

Retro Jet
10-05-2013, 12:54 PM
Reserve grade table showing Rnd 5:- Cardiff v Dudley - 1 all (11/5/13.)
An error I presume? Funny if that's how it ends up tomorrow if it is.

Hairy Thistle
11-05-2013, 09:37 AM

I seriously doubt that prediction will hold up

Retro Jet
11-05-2013, 03:06 PM

I seriously doubt that prediction will hold up

It wasn't a prediction by any means...