PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Zone League 1 Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Drunken ranger
14-06-2013, 01:38 PM
Comp is of decent standard I think terrace to smash it and get promotion #go terrace #zpl 2014

gny
14-06-2013, 01:40 PM
This season if your not on your game you will get beat teams every team this year has some sort of quality

Gary
14-06-2013, 04:49 PM
Overall standard in 1st grade has improved since 2012,there is a considerable gap in strength between the higher & lower ranked teams in 3rds & ressies though..my predictions for this weekend are:
-Nelson bay
-Bero
-Wallsend
-Suburbs
-Kotara

Titan
15-06-2013, 07:41 PM
Terrace vs kotara result?

gny
15-06-2013, 08:03 PM
Kotara 4 terracr 1, again im
Not making excuses but missing 1st graders AGAIN!!!!!! But new signing next so will be good, all credit to kotara they finished there chances and played well

KSSFC
Terrace vs Kotara
3rd grade 0-9
Res grade 1-3
1st grade 1-4

RANGER09
Terrace vs Kotara
3rds 0-8
Res 1-3
1st 1-4, probably worst game i have seen the boys play this season,

hawk
15-06-2013, 08:05 PM
lol, are we sure of the scores?

namwob99
15-06-2013, 08:07 PM
lol, are we sure of the scores?

You're a shit stirrer. Lol

hawk
15-06-2013, 08:22 PM
You're a shit stirrer. Lol

was more that 3 threw up the results like an avalanche.

Gary
15-06-2013, 08:49 PM
Great result for Kotara,I for one was not surprised with the results across all grades..Kotara are strong.Missing a few 1st graders is no excuse Terrace,that's what having depth in reserves & 3rds are for..

Hiratio_Hufnagel
15-06-2013, 10:16 PM
newyjet[/B];37708]When might that be?
Newyjet 4 weeks ago you called the KS Tigers season off too early!!!

Eleganceisirrelevant
16-06-2013, 06:02 PM
Wallsend 5 Morisset 1.
Great result as this puts wallsend now even on goal difference with the terrace with a game in hand. Watch out lads!!

Nou Camp
16-06-2013, 06:04 PM
Suburbs vs suns
1sts 3-1 suns
Res 2-1 suns
3rds 4-2 suburbs

Hiratio_Hufnagel
16-06-2013, 07:08 PM
Belmont vs Nelson Bay
2-0 NBay, tough game against belmont @ Baxter Field.

hawk
16-06-2013, 08:20 PM
Suburbs vs suns
1sts 3-1 suns
Res 2-1 suns
3rds 4-2 suburbs

Suns looked to be a little slow in the first 15 and i thought were going to do it tough but they improved, were more organised and probably won the physical battle as well. Suburbs seem to have lost alot of confidence especially going forward. Subs did their best work when suns got a red card for the last 10.

MorissetDeadset
16-06-2013, 11:16 PM
wallsend 5-1 morisset solid fluent play by the wallsend team, thoroughly outplayed the morisset, good ball control and worked hard for their possession of the ball, handy goal from the morisset striker but they'll need plenty of work if they want to make a serious push for the back half of the season.

Titan
17-06-2013, 05:18 AM
belmont vs nelson bay
1st - 2-0 bay, good hard game.
I thought we could have won this game, we played hard, had field position and plenty of opportunities. The difference today was in front of goals, bay were gifted 2 goals, a spill by the keeper in first 5-10 mins then with 5-10mins to go a free header. Belmont didnt get a single on target shot off based on poor shooting rather than defensive pressure, nor did we capitalise on the long throw, cnr's or freekicks. Couldnt buy a bounce in final 3rd.
The game was played in good spirits, refereeing was fantastic, would have him back anytime(best ref had in years). Nelson bay, may have had some players out cause they didnt seem strong enough based on where they are sitting on the table. Althought, they defo have the ingredients for a winning team.
Not happy with the result but its not through a lack of effort, just got to hold teams out, not giving up easy goals, get a bounce or 2 & score some of our opportunities.

gny
17-06-2013, 08:39 AM
When is wallsends catch up?

Eleganceisirrelevant
17-06-2013, 12:16 PM
Getting played Tuesday week at the gardens!

RANGER09
17-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Getting played Tuesday week at the gardens!

is this a bit of tactical planning seeing as you play the Bay on the Saturday and Bero play on the Sunday, giving you an extra days recovery :wink:

holding_midfield
17-06-2013, 02:58 PM
anyone revising their top 4s given the wkends results?

hawk
17-06-2013, 03:03 PM
When is Kotara Suns catchup?

gny
17-06-2013, 03:22 PM
In no order
Terrace wallsend bay burbs or kotara, kotara have found new life?

holding_midfield
17-06-2013, 06:59 PM
When is Kotara Suns catchup?

Thursday night i believe.

gny - last two weeks have been the first time kotara have had anything resembling their best starting XI. still one or two to come back in too.

Eleganceisirrelevant
17-06-2013, 07:44 PM
Kotara always come home with a wet sail!!! Love injuries early in the year it seems.
I think kotara will definately be top 4 without a doubt and a danger in gf! Bay and wallsend to fight out premiership, massive massive game this Saturday in the bay!

gny
17-06-2013, 07:53 PM
I know how you feel not having your best 11 every week were still yet to field our possible best 11, hopefully this week could be that week and also will be fielding our new signing who will be one of the better central midfielders in this comp,
Also this comp is great to be apart so strong pretty much anyone can beat anyone if your not on your game

holding_midfield
17-06-2013, 08:20 PM
will be fielding our new signing who will be one of the better central midfielders in this comp

nathan someone? Forget his last name. Saw him up there on the wkend, havent seen him play in a while, was decent back at azzurri tho

gny
17-06-2013, 08:37 PM
Yeah nathan. We thought we had him at the start of the year but good to have him now,

darthmuller
17-06-2013, 08:58 PM
Yeah nathan. We thought we had him at the start of the year but good to have him now,

Does this Nathan have a surname?

LINGERA
18-06-2013, 10:54 AM
andrews

holding_midfield
18-06-2013, 01:11 PM
Thursday night i believe.

edit - midweek next week sometime now

gny
20-06-2013, 11:53 AM
Nelsons bay v wallsend big game for both teams, never easy getting 3 points at the bay

Titan
20-06-2013, 01:46 PM
Nelsons bay v wallsend big game for both teams, never easy getting 3 points at the bay

good game, ill tip wallsend, they will pass bay to death especially that big field up there= tire them out. Plus wallsends forward has speed which bay will battle with.

sutho
20-06-2013, 09:13 PM
Wallsend 2-0

RANGER09
21-06-2013, 07:04 PM
Bay to get up 1-0 with 10 men :grin:
Burbs to get their mojo back with a win over "Motown"
Kotara to do it tough over Bero
Titans to slip one past Kahibah
Terrace in a close one vs Suns, Bobby to break his drought!:tongue:

Titan
21-06-2013, 10:50 PM
Looked at the weather outlook, can't see Sunday getting played...

gny
21-06-2013, 11:42 PM
Supposed to get some serious rain!!!!!!!! Hope it holds off tonight, hows carro holding the water?

Nou Camp
22-06-2013, 06:09 PM
Results from suns vs terrace
1sts 2-0 suns
Res 2-0 suns
3rds 7-1 suns
First grade with Kotara on Thursday should be an excellent game with both teams building some good form

amishpanda
22-06-2013, 06:19 PM
Bay v Wallsend:
3rds: 4-0 Wallsend
Res: 1-1 draw
1sts: 2-1 Wallsend

amishpanda
22-06-2013, 06:49 PM
Bay v Wallsend:
3rds: 4-0 Wallsend
Res: 1-1 draw
1sts: 2-1 Wallsend

Good, hard game in a bog for firsts. I'm sure there will be a few lads to sleep well tonight. Bay are a good side and will definitely feature at finals time. They've certainly flown under the radar with the quality they have.

Coach is a peanut though, cheers to the lads that tempered his desire to try and fight the entire first grade squad after the game.

Hiratio_Hufnagel
22-06-2013, 08:42 PM
Wallsends passing was very sharp today in the mud pit conditions, bay got one back with a header 10 to go making the last 10 mins interesting, last 5 a 50/50 ball where the bay player megged the gk, ball in the back of the net was disallowed for gk infringement which was a harsh ref call, unlucky not to get a point at the end. Credit to Wallsend for there Fast, Sharp passing style of Football

Gary
22-06-2013, 09:19 PM
Can we get a breakdown on the Suns v Terrace matches?congratulations to Wallsend & the Suns by the way,both the Terrace & The Bay are hard teams to take 3 points from..

RANGER09
23-06-2013, 09:39 AM
I think the winner yesterday was the Suns Kavapi rolls , had 2 myself on recommendation from their boys, looking at their 3rd grade either they borrowed under 16 shirts or they enjoy a few themselves :roflz:
Hard to watch from the sideline when your injured but Suns had good numbers for all grades we struggled yet again with numbers. 3rds were out competed, res could have gone either way as we could not buy a goal yesterday but had plenty of chances, 1 st we started with a guy who just played 3rd and res grade waiting for Les to finish work, must of been a hard day cause he didn't have usual impact, guys went down 2-0 before he made it on the park, missed the first goal due to watching the kids but was told it was a good lobbed shot from a fair way out and second was scrappy goal from inside the six yard box, our boys had a few chances but lacked fluency and possession. Hopefully will change and get back to winning a few games and get the confidence back up. But we'll done to the Suns taking all 9 points

hawk
23-06-2013, 10:02 AM
Suns are contenders winning their last 4.

gny
23-06-2013, 10:25 AM
Suns got 2 goals in first 10 besides that there was not really any chances to speak of to be honest nothing clear cut, really a mid field battle both teams struggled to find there front men, both teams played well in patches with passing. End of the day suns deserved 3 points. Terrace to debut 2 new players next week

Premy
23-06-2013, 10:39 AM
Morisset V Suburb called off

Titan
23-06-2013, 11:32 AM
belmont vs kahibah off

RANGER09
23-06-2013, 11:50 AM
Titan how come you and Premy have the same quote at the bottom of your post's?

hawk
23-06-2013, 01:20 PM
must be close maytes?

butt srz Shankly was a great man

Titan
23-06-2013, 02:14 PM

yeah im gunna have to change it...

belmont vs morisett makeup game= tuesday is 3rd, and thursday 1st & res. Bottom of the table battle...its go time!!!

Premy
23-06-2013, 07:23 PM

No need to change the quote Titan anyone who respects Shankly is tops in my book.
@ Ranger if by chance you genuinely don't know the quote, it was said by Bill Shankly (former Liverpool F.C manager) there is confusion as to when he first said it but most people will refer to when he said it in response to a report that ask him about how some people see football as a matter of life and death. As to the man himself he is probably the single biggest figure of LFC history and the famous gates you walk threw to get into Anfield and are prominent on mondern day LFC crest are called the Shankly gates as you walk into Anfield the 1st thing you see is a massive bronze statue of the man himself. Hope that clarifies it for you

RANGER09
23-06-2013, 07:55 PM
Cheers Premy good bit of info to share LFC, might have to do a bit of googling and learn some more!

Nou Camp
24-06-2013, 10:30 AM
Suns got 2 goals in first 10 besides that there was not really any chances to speak of to be honest nothing clear cut, really a mid field battle both teams struggled to find there front men, both teams played well in patches with passing. End of the day suns deserved 3 points. Terrace to debut 2 new players next week

fair assessment of the game, wouldve taken a draw considering we had a couple out but on the day we went in with a game plan and a few experienced players really held it together

Apologies for the cold showers, we have asked/told council a number of times to fix the hot water, expected completion date round 17... 2015

gny
24-06-2013, 01:28 PM
Yeah again we were missing players story of our season lucky we are where we are with new guys and other players returning this week,
Yeah few of the boys were shattered with the cold showers haha

Dobbo
25-06-2013, 04:13 PM
Wallsend V Bero tonight at the Gardens
Ressies @ 6:15
Firsts @ 8

amishpanda
25-06-2013, 11:48 PM
Wallsend V Bero tonight at the Gardens
Ressies @ 6:15
Firsts @ 8

Ressies: 2-1 Wallsend, which from my opinion was generous to Berro.

1sts: 8-0 Wallsend, which from my opinion was generous to Berro.

Hiratio_Hufnagel
26-06-2013, 01:51 AM
How were the legs holding from saturdays muddy match?
were the Beresfield fresh from no game on the weekend? have players out?

darthmuller
26-06-2013, 10:05 AM

The legs were fine from Saturday, although they might not be so fine after last night's game.

For the first 2 and half minutes, Berro looked
a decent team....then the tackles started flying. Tackles from behind, from the side and then off the ball mug shots. Worst disciplined side I have seen for a long time, and that's including Azzuri's state league side.

Full credit to our boys though for keeping heads and playing fluent passing football which made Berro look silly. 5-0 at half time, foul count 4796-2.

amishpanda
26-06-2013, 10:27 AM

Gosh, wasnt the pitch soft/heavy on Saturday? Most of us pulled up fine after the three day recovery though. I wouldn't exactly call the game free-flowing either. The guy who was most puffed was probably the referee, from having to blow his whistle constantly.

To reinforce the above comment: My guess is that any of their decent players are suspended due wracking up seventy billion yellow cards. Some (most) of the challenges were late and deplorable, and intentionally so.

Nave
26-06-2013, 10:42 AM
The legs were fine from Saturday, although they might not be so fine after last night's game.

For the first 2 and half minutes, Berro looked
a decent team....then the tackles started flying. Tackles from behind, from the side and then off the ball mug shots. Worst disciplined side I have seen for a long time, and that's including Azzuri's state league side.

Full credit to our boys though for keeping heads and playing fluent passing football which made Berro look silly. 5-0 at half time, foul count 4796-2.

They played the exact same way against Morisset in the first round, couldnt belive no one had brought up their constant fouling in this thread before now

amishpanda
26-06-2013, 11:33 AM
They played the exact same way against Morisset in the first round, couldnt belive no one had brought up their constant fouling in this thread before now

They dont have much of a presence on here, I think. Most teams will be happy to outplay the shit out of them and move on with their lives.

I'll back Morri to take points from them second round. You lost out at Pasadena, but its always tough on their futsal pitch. Use your quick blokes high-and-wide to out-flank their mostly horrible D. Their wide mids have some speed, so you'll have to find a way in behind them by running off the strikers - who should come to feet and play from there.

From memory, you have some quality in the middle. They'll come flying in at you if you hold it up. Push it past them, take the knock and get a foul. They will then get angsty, bitch and moan and call you soft, but you'll be in a better playing position for it.

gny
26-06-2013, 01:44 PM
So pretty much beros way is if we are not good enough just kick? And if we are good enough kick anyways? Hahaha

Premy
26-06-2013, 01:48 PM
They dont have much of a presence on here, I think.
They usually only come on here to say not very pleasant things about the suns

Mitchy
26-06-2013, 02:13 PM
They usually only come on here to say not very pleasant things about the suns

Why say that to bring it up and make it worst? Have you not read the arguments in the NBN thread about the Greeks and Macedonia?

Speaking from my point of view I being from Beresfield would rather not come on here and get caught up with half the shit you blokes go on with

Also dont like getting kicked so what? its part of the game you get kicked and get back up again, wonder why everyone gives this sport a bad name about being pussies

Harden the **** up

Fire up Beroooooo!

Stevieg
26-06-2013, 02:46 PM
Not sure what game you where watching mitchy , the Wallsend boys gave it back twice as hard and the Bero players reverted to taking players out off the ball , No 4 was a special for it , you talk about giving the game a bad name , when you turn up to play like that , it's not even considered football , 5 yellow and 8-0 later , maybe a different approach is needed

amishpanda
26-06-2013, 03:27 PM
Why say that to bring it up and make it worst? Have you not read the arguments in the NBN thread about the Greeks and Macedonia?

Speaking from my point of view I being from Beresfield would rather not come on here and get caught up with half the shit you blokes go on with

Also dont like getting kicked so what? its part of the game you get kicked and get back up again, wonder why everyone gives this sport a bad name about being pussies

Harden the **** up

Fire up Beroooooo!

Ladies and Gentlemen, Beresfield United! I hope you enjoyed the show.

1. I have not read the NBN thread
2. Apart from a few trolls and fishermen on here, there is a surprising amount you can learn about football and the competition through these discussions. Obviously, the ability for Beresfield to discuss the game is about on par with their ability to play it (nada).
3.We did get kicked, we did get back up, and we embarassed you in the process. There is a difference between playing a hard, fair game to taking players out off the ball and intentionally targeting players. I suggest you go and watch a few Bay/Suns (amonst others') games. Those boys will play a physical brand of football, but can also put a passage of play together.

And yes. Fire up Berro. Fire up for the season that never was.

darthmuller
26-06-2013, 04:52 PM
*stands up and applauds*

Mitchy
26-06-2013, 05:13 PM
Don't even play for bero hey, just close to some of the boys

Didn't watch the game last night was to busy training for my NBN club

You's took the bait easy, I mean why am I in the division 4 thread

Cya's in NBN.. Whoops

amishpanda
26-06-2013, 05:20 PM

Cya's in NBN.. Whoops

If you were not there, then you would have no idea what we were talking about. This renders your opinions invalid.

Nou Camp
26-06-2013, 05:41 PM
Has any club heard anything from the federation about applying for the GF this year?
or are they only going to allow NBN & 2nd dvision teams host it like last year

Eleganceisirrelevant
26-06-2013, 05:44 PM
By the sounds of your soccer knowledge you really must be quite the player. And I'm sure most clubs would love to have you, the brand of football Bero play is disgusting and a complete embarrassment. 5 minutes didn't go by without a horrendous challenge not a bad one, disgusting. So go back to whatever forum you deserve in and GOODLUCK.

roundballsarebetter
26-06-2013, 05:53 PM

Cya's in NBN.. Whoops

Sounds like some preteen playing in u19s thinking he has hit the top of the football world, or worse playn u23s as an overage player. Probally another reject that will be back in ids in a couple of years with egg on his face

Hiratio_Hufnagel
26-06-2013, 06:44 PM
He will be back hacking with Berro
Next year
Berro are the grubbiest team in our league, all the other teams have played in good spirit, I would be happy to lose to Belmont and Morrisett to get these GRUBS Relegated!!!
By the way Mitchy just setting the Bait

Nave
26-06-2013, 08:08 PM
They dont have much of a presence on here, I think. Most teams will be happy to outplay the shit out of them and move on with their lives.

I'll back Morri to take points from them second round. You lost out at Pasadena, but its always tough on their futsal pitch. Use your quick blokes high-and-wide to out-flank their mostly horrible D. Their wide mids have some speed, so you'll have to find a way in behind them by running off the strikers - who should come to feet and play from there.

From memory, you have some quality in the middle. They'll come flying in at you if you hold it up. Push it past them, take the knock and get a foul. They will then get angsty, bitch and moan and call you soft, but you'll be in a better playing position for it.

The game followed that pattern, i imagine they struggle away from home since they play on a futsal court as you said, the biggest problem is the ref has to take charge from the get go if the match is being played out in that sort of manner, we probably had 50 odd free kicks in the middle third and the ref continued to purely award a free kick, no card was issued until an actual brawl broke out between one of thier strikers and one of our players which was pretty uncomfortable, the bero player was snarling like a rabid dog. Even after this a mere yellow card was issued. Bero will keep playing like this if lenient refs allow them too...

ForeverRed
27-06-2013, 06:59 AM

Cya's in NBN.. Whoops

Childish

shagga
27-06-2013, 08:37 AM

Cya's in NBN.. Whoops

Is that you Danny? ha ha

Professor Chaos
27-06-2013, 12:58 PM
He will be back hacking with Berro
Next year
Berro are the grubbiest team in our league, all the other teams have played in good spirit, I would be happy to lose to Belmont and Morrisett to get these GRUBS Relegated!!!
By the way Mitchy just setting the Bait

Lucky you will be in ressies this week Hufnagle. Talking about throwing games is despicable

Hiratio_Hufnagel
27-06-2013, 02:46 PM
Lucky you will be in ressies this week Hufnagle. Talking about throwing games is despicable
So I will be joining you from your performance last weekend practically gifting wallsend the 3points?

amishpanda
27-06-2013, 05:19 PM

Cya's in NBN.. Whoops

Sounds like some preteen playing in u19s thinking he has hit the top of the football world, or worse playn u23s as an overage player. Probally another reject that will be back in ids in a couple of years with egg on his face

Surprisingly correct. A below average player at Lakes. Playing 19's - or at best getting a run in 23's.
In any case, he's below the notice of the more prominent players in first grade there.

Before you go attempting to insult people in lower divisions, just remember that playing in these divisions can sometimes be a choice. The irony is that the majority of Wallsend players have played for lakes at some stage in their career, some as late as last year, and all at a higher level than you are currently playing.
So grow up champ.

Fridge
27-06-2013, 05:54 PM
Any chance of any footy this weekend?? Especially the Terrace v Suburb game.

darthmuller
27-06-2013, 07:11 PM
So I will be joining you from your performance last weekend practically gifting wallsend the 3points?

Mate, nobody gifts Wallsend points. We play teams out of games with our fluent passing and speed all over the park. Only one team has managed to steer clear of the typical long ball style of play that the comp seems to stick to, and that was Bay last weekend.

They managed to match it with us in skill and short passing on what was a difficult muddy pitch to play.

To reinforce my point, no one gifts us points, we earn them.

RANGER09
27-06-2013, 07:24 PM
Any chance of any footy this weekend?? Especially the Terrace v Suburb game.

Not looking good!

ManUTDSupporter
27-06-2013, 07:44 PM
By the sounds of your soccer knowledge you really must be quite the player. And I'm sure most clubs would love to have you, the brand of football Bero play is disgusting and a complete embarrassment. 5 minutes didn't go by without a horrendous challenge not a bad one, disgusting. So go back to whatever forum you deserve in and GOODLUCK.
Must be due to lack of players with most talent probably dual registered to the id3 team or playing for them. ;)

FiftyEight
27-06-2013, 09:19 PM
Must be due to lack of players with most talent probably dual registered to the id3 team or playing for them. ;)
No one dual registered two different clubs.

ManUTDSupporter
27-06-2013, 09:38 PM
No one dual registered two different clubs.
Pretty sure you can only dual register with two different clubs?
Just thought I seen the same striker at both teams games, could be wrong though, just asking / seeing

FiftyEight
27-06-2013, 09:53 PM
Just thought I seen the same striker at both teams games, could be wrong though, just asking / seeing
No one plays for both the Beresfield Senior Soccer Club (League 1) and the Beresfield Football Club (League 3). We don't have much to do with each other TBH.

ManUTDSupporter
27-06-2013, 10:04 PM
No one plays for both the Beresfield Senior Soccer Club (League 1) and the Beresfield Football Club (League 3). We don't have much to do with each other TBH.
Fair enough, any players leave from last year to drop back? They don't go to bad the id3 team

whANTite
27-06-2013, 10:07 PM
Bloody white ants!!!

FiftyEight
27-06-2013, 10:16 PM
Fair enough, any players leave from last year to drop back? They don't go to bad the id3 team
Na mate. Well none that I'm aware of anyways.

ManU Football
27-06-2013, 10:30 PM
My top 4:
Nelson Bay
Wallsend
Kotara
Terrace

Suburbs & Suns on a charge though!

ManU Football
27-06-2013, 10:44 PM
Who's the number 9 for you guys? Has he played NBN before? From what I've seen, he is wallsend's best player! I agree, the Bay are a solid side.

Hiratio_Hufnagel
27-06-2013, 11:18 PM
Mate, nobody gifts Wallsend points. We play teams out of games with our fluent passing and speed all over the park. Only one team has managed to steer clear of the typical long ball style of play that the comp seems to stick to, and that was Bay last weekend.

They managed to match it with us in skill and short passing on what was a difficult muddy pitch to play.

To reinforce my point, no one gifts us points, we earn them.

it was in no disrespect to wallsend. it was in reference to professor chaos's performance just rattiling his cage
Professor Chaos is a Ghost around the Nelson Bay Football Club
No one knows who this character is except chaos himself

darthmuller
27-06-2013, 11:29 PM
it was in no disrespect to wallsend. it was in reference to professor chaos's performance just rattiling his cage
Professor Chaos is a Ghost around the Nelson Bay Football Club
No one knows who this character is except chaos himself

Understood :-)

Maybe it's Lumberjacks alter ego. He has been pretty quiet as of late.

darthmuller
28-06-2013, 12:20 AM
Understood :-)

Maybe it's Lumberjacks alter ego. He has been pretty quiet as of late.

On the forum is what I mean.

supa
28-06-2013, 01:51 AM
few things probably worth clearing up on here....from someone that has something to do with the club.

1-we played absolutely shite against wallsend, and i only watched the first half. completely outclassed by a FAR better side.

2-yes a fair few players were out due to work, family etc. however no excuse to get beat by that score in this division as their should be some element of depth to the squad.

3-Now the good stuff that everyone has suddenly decided to comment on...those FEW (and i emphasize few as i can guarantee it is not the entire squad/club) bringing that rubbish brand of football each weekend simply going out to 'smash' opposition around the park will find themselves not having a ball to kick around on a Saturday/Sunday afternoon as it is most definitely not the way we want to play our football, its a fine line between having a bit of mongrel and playing dangerously. and as every single person that seen/heard that result would agree, it clearly didn't help the scoreline. certain players were getting beyond frustrated as they were being outclassed and chose to react with poor sportsmanship rather than increased effort, definitely not what the club wanted to see/nor will it tolerate again. slow process but the club will be better for it in the long term without the "YOBBO" attitude (thanks NB)!

4-Beresfield United and Beresfield FC are TWO COMPLETELY separate clubs that have no committee/player/financial affiliation.

did i miss anything???

Hiratio_Hufnagel
28-06-2013, 02:19 AM
No, looks like you have cleared the issues of the people that just dont get it, well done supa. just dont want to see any player in our competition get seriously injured by some idiot not going for the ball

namwob99
28-06-2013, 05:32 AM

E50 MULTIPLE COMPETITIONS REGISTRATION
A Player MAY NOT 'DUAL REGISTER' ie register for more than one Team across more than one Club.

The only way to do it is to transfer. And its deadline day today!!

amishpanda
28-06-2013, 08:19 AM
did i miss anything???

Nah mate. It's good to know that isn't the club/squad mentality.

Eleganceisirrelevant
28-06-2013, 08:27 AM
Nailed it!!!
Couldn't have been more spot on and I'm glad this has been cleared up and explained.

The standard has been pretty good this year, lets keep it that way.

Stephen McTowelie
28-06-2013, 09:09 AM
No, looks like you have cleared the issues of the people that just dont get it, well done supa. just dont want to see any player in our competition get seriously injured by some idiot not going for the ball

I'm back after my hiatus Hufnagle. Good to see that you are still posting your hate filled rants!!

Hiratio_Hufnagel
28-06-2013, 01:06 PM
I'm back after my hiatus Hufnagle. Good to see that you are still posting your hate filled rants!!
What brings you back to forum? Haven't seen u round. Word has it you were chased out of town by the Youngsters on Utes trying to attack you with their empty carton of Cruisers down at Swansea for bagging Swansea, their clubs facility, the young mob bouncing on utes drinking cruisers and The young lad GK Denis

Stephen McTowelie
28-06-2013, 02:38 PM
What brings you back to forum? Haven't seen u round. Word has it you were chased out of town by the Youngsters on Utes trying to attack you with their empty carton of Cruisers down at Swansea for bagging Swansea, their clubs facility, the young mob bouncing on utes drinking cruisers and The young lad GK Denis

Yep. They chased me and Rex Banner out of there. And they didn't stop chasing until we were over the Swansea Bridge and had turned off our getaway music.

gny
28-06-2013, 03:10 PM
Raymond terrace v garden suburbs is off

NWM
28-06-2013, 04:02 PM
Looks like a no football weekend :( I'm sick of this rain!!!

RANGER09
28-06-2013, 04:32 PM
Yep sucks, but one good thing is gives you an extra week to get over injuries:pissup: and maybe a bit of this!

Eleganceisirrelevant
30-06-2013, 10:46 AM
Kahibah v wallsend. Off!

No football this weekend, very average.

Hiratio_Hufnagel
30-06-2013, 06:09 PM
NBay vs MTown
Played in Duck Pond conditions
6-0

Drunken ranger
30-06-2013, 08:07 PM
Where was the bay mo town game played also results other grades

Hiratio_Hufnagel
30-06-2013, 09:31 PM
Where was the bay mo town game played also results other grades

It was played on our 2nd field next to the AFL field where we played Kahibah, the ground was a smooth flat pitch good to play football on by half time it turned into a duck pond played in Torrential Rain for the entire game, better to play on than the number 1 field which is sponge sinking pitch. After today's games both our fields are unplayable for next home games but lucky we have 3 back up fields to play on. The MTown Goal Keeper pulled off some incredible saves to keep it at 2-0 at Half Time.
Reserve Grade - Morisett were leading 3-1at HT, Nelson Bay got it back to 3-3 and got a PK with a min left in the game but was Saved.
Didn't get to see 3rd Grade
Nelson Bay got the 3 points

Nave
04-07-2013, 12:25 AM
NBay vs MTown
Played in Duck Pond conditions
6-0

Credit to the Bay boys for how they played on Sunday, shows what a quality team they are to get such an emphatic win in such dreadful conditions, i will say however the Assistant ref on the far side was an absolute nuffie and shouldnt be refereeing in our grade ever again, not only was his AR'n not up to scratch his performance as the 3rd grade centre from what i saw was pretty sub par also, didnt know his indirect free kick law from inside the box...

Eleganceisirrelevant
04-07-2013, 09:35 AM
If this assistant you are talking about is the same one I am thinking! We had him at Belmont and he was a disgrace. I'm not sure he actually watches the game at times and causes alot of frustration!

Nave
04-07-2013, 12:44 PM
If this assistant you are talking about is the same one I am thinking! We had him at Belmont and he was a disgrace. I'm not sure he actually watches the game at times and causes alot of frustration!

He was a bigger, older bloke really had no clue, im a former referee and i was appalled at some of the decisions he made, time for him to go back to ref school

Drunken ranger
04-07-2013, 01:42 PM
Upset of the week mo town to beat the terrace tab sportsbet offering 1.10 minus 2.5 start get on it

Reds Forever
04-07-2013, 04:41 PM
He was a bigger, older bloke really had no clue, im a former referee and i was appalled at some of the decisions he made, time for him to go back to ref school

Did he have white hair and a tat on his arm?

Nave
04-07-2013, 05:20 PM
Did he have white hair and a tat on his arm?

Couldnt tell really, he had a hat and a poncho on, was scared of a little rain ha

gny
04-07-2013, 09:37 PM
Tell you what that $1.10 probably isn't short enough

Nelson Bay Road
05-07-2013, 02:53 PM
Will all games get on this weekend??
The sun has graced us with its presence for most of the week, are all teams hosting fixtures grounds holding up??

SunsFC
05-07-2013, 03:43 PM
Suns V Belmont has a 99% chance of being played.

NWM
05-07-2013, 03:45 PM

I'm pretty sure I know the one you're talking about. ABSOLUTE CLOWN. Apparently one of the other ref's is his son or something? That's second hand info; but we get the same ref's every time we play them up there; and every year the same thing... appalling.

Hiratio_Hufnagel
05-07-2013, 04:20 PM
Will all games get on this weekend??
The sun has graced us with its presence for most of the week, are all teams hosting fixtures grounds holding up??

Just checked around the grounds with a key inspection
ALL games will be ON 100% Guarantee

gny
05-07-2013, 06:02 PM
Predictions?

Drunken ranger
05-07-2013, 06:13 PM
MO town by 3

Ninja
06-07-2013, 09:07 AM
the Assistant ref on the far side was an absolute nuffie

just have to back track to here for a second.
excellent use of the word nuffie.

Nou Camp
06-07-2013, 06:32 PM
Results from suns vs Belmont
1sts 6-2 suns
Res 6-0 suns
3rds 3-2 suns

darthmuller
06-07-2013, 06:43 PM
Just looking at the draw now, and have noticed that there is a 2 week gap between the last and 2nd last round. I assume this is to allow for washout games, am I correct?

Nave
06-07-2013, 06:58 PM
just have to back track to here for a second.
excellent use of the word nuffie.

There was not another word that could have described him better Ninja haha

Hiratio_Hufnagel
07-07-2013, 06:20 PM
Kahibah v Nelson Bay
1st Grade 2-2
Res 2-2

Fridge
07-07-2013, 07:04 PM
Suburb v Bero
1st 7-0
Res 3-2
3rd 1-1

Eleganceisirrelevant
07-07-2013, 07:38 PM
Wallsend 2 Kotara 1.

Quality game in patches played in pretty bad field conditions, very hard to stay on your feet. Kotara were the usual tough opponents who never lay down and will always keep coming. Including a screamer in the last 10!!!

On a sour note, yet another referee that was absolutely horrible, no idea and wanted to talk to everyone after every incident. Needs to stop!!!!

Eleganceisirrelevant
07-07-2013, 07:51 PM
Did all games get on this weekend? If so what were the results?

Stevieg
07-07-2013, 08:38 PM
Wallsend vs Kotara
1st 2-1
Ressies 5-0
3rds 1-0

RANGER09
07-07-2013, 09:23 PM
Mo town vs Terrace
3rds 4-2
Res 1-4
1st 4-4

Drunken ranger
08-07-2013, 10:12 AM
Terrace will bounce back after a disappointing day at the office

Nou Camp
08-07-2013, 10:40 AM
Just looking at the draw now, and have noticed that there is a 2 week gap between the last and 2nd last round. I assume this is to allow for washout games, am I correct?

Yep

amishpanda
08-07-2013, 04:18 PM
I'll elaborate on the Wallsend/Kotara 1st grade match.

Kotara have, in my opinion, one of the better midfield units in the competition. On par with our own and Burbs (on their day) - The left-footer in the middle moves and switches the ball exceptionally well, and can pick a man with a long ball. Where they do lack though, is fire-power up front. The goal came from a midfield screamer (as mentioned before) in the final 10, but other than that lacked a structural offensive build up.
In saying that though, it wasnt a game for chances. Opportunities were few and far between for both teams. Once again, the game turned into a slog in the mud (esp. for the lads playing out wide).

As for the course of the game, a decently slotted headed goal in the first half gave us the lead semi-early, and was the only truly stand out moment in the inital period. The second half was mostly Kotara though. They kept possession well and kept coming.
We got another one midway through the second, through a piece of brilliance in the middle (side-footed, flicky nutmeg onto a decently timed run straight through the centre) to ease the pressure, and took it as a chance to sit back a little...which was a mistake - these lads dont give up, haha.
The goal in the final 10: You wont see much better. Fell to a mid in some space outside the box, slamed top right corner (where else would you put it?). Last 10 was pretty frantic, but D got the job done.

Be a shame if these lads didnt make finals - def a top 4 team.

SHARMENS
08-07-2013, 09:07 PM
Controversial Lingera. Suburbs weren't far off Barnsley last yr and despite the ladder don't suck. And last season wbay (or maybe B Parker) showed it can be done better. Maybe lumberjack is the new BP.

I think you will find when Brady Parker went to warnersbay which was the start of the second round, the boys were 6 points clear at the top of the table and thats where they finished so to say "or maybe B Parker " as he did it him self is not why the bay did so well last year he went in to an already quality and winning side ... Dont get me wrong he scored alot of goals and played well but it was made easy for him as they already had a quality side out there its a shame they didnt keep that squad....

Beppe
08-07-2013, 10:58 PM
I think you will find when Brady Parker went to warnersbay which was the start of the second round, the boys were 6 points clear at the top of the table and thats where they finished so to say "or maybe B Parker " as he did it him self is not why the bay did so well last year he went in to an already quality and winning side ... Dont get me wrong he scored alot of goals and played well but it was made easy for him as they already had a quality side out there its a shame they didnt keep that squad....

I know this isn't zone premier thread but let's face it, warners bay will probably be in this division next year, what has happened to their team from last year? Where did the best players go besides Brady Parker as I know where he is.

SHARMENS
09-07-2013, 09:21 AM
I know this isn't zone premier thread but let's face it, warners bay will probably be in this division next year, what has happened to their team from last year? Where did the best players go besides Brady Parker as I know where he is.

I'm not 100% where all the players went but I do know out of the squad they started with in the grand final last year 7 of them arnt there this year ..

SHARMENS
09-07-2013, 11:46 AM
Suburb v Bero
1st 7-0
Res 3-2
3rd 1-1

What happened in first grade burbs bounced back well from last 2 games ...

Nou Camp
09-07-2013, 05:03 PM
I'm not 100% where all the players went but I do know out of the squad they started with in the grand final last year 7 of them arnt there this year ..

one of them came to the suns, from what i hear a couple went to Suburbs and a few of them went to Toronto
feel free to correct me if im wrong

Dobbo
09-07-2013, 05:13 PM
One came to Wallsend to play with some mates at the club

Eleganceisirrelevant
09-07-2013, 10:42 PM
They played against Bero!?

amishpanda
10-07-2013, 10:09 AM
Is the Terrace v Burbs wash-out scheduled for this weekend?

Ninja
10-07-2013, 02:20 PM
Yeah Saturday at terrace

gny
10-07-2013, 06:24 PM
Knowing our fantastic drainage we won't be on at the terrace hahaha

Drunken ranger
10-07-2013, 07:21 PM
Terrace first grade keeper is that keen he's chucking a sicky Friday just to spend the day on the super sopper to try and get on this weekend

gny
10-07-2013, 07:47 PM
Whatever has to be done, is rather play in puddles that 8pm at night

amishpanda
11-07-2013, 12:16 PM

leftrightout
11-07-2013, 12:40 PM

Sham-wow anyone?

Drunken ranger
11-07-2013, 01:26 PM
Question where is your favorite field to play other then your our in this comp my personal is Nelson bay the crowd there really get into to it and the abuse u cope off them is beautiful but its a shit pitch best pitch in the comp has to go to the terrace they really look after it up there

gny
11-07-2013, 01:38 PM
Most people would agree i think, our field at terrace with bays viewing area and atmosphere

shark attack
11-07-2013, 01:40 PM
Question where is your favorite field to play other then your our in this comp my personal is Nelson bay the crowd there really get into to it and the abuse u cope off them is beautiful but its a shit pitch best pitch in the comp has to go to the terrace they really look after it up there

are you talking about the olympic pool or the kiddies pool at the terrace.

Nou Camp
11-07-2013, 01:43 PM
Suns vs Kotara res and first grades play tonight
not sure if game will be played at nesbitt or connolly yet due to the condition of nesbitt
and suns vs bero catch up is scheduled for this Sunday up at Bero

Nou Camp
11-07-2013, 01:47 PM

our home away from home at Wanderers.... :grin:
hoping to get more games on it next year

Premy
11-07-2013, 02:37 PM
best pitch in the comp has to go to the terrace they really look after it up there

The field is far to big at Terrace. Wallsends ground is probably the best set up a bit far from the ground but still good. From memory Morisset surface isn't to bad either if its not to wet

KSSFC
11-07-2013, 02:40 PM
Suns vs Kotara res and first grades play tonight
not sure if game will be played at nesbitt or connolly yet due to the condition of nesbitt
and suns vs bero catch up is scheduled for this Sunday up at Bero

This game has been moved to Connolly.
Reserves 6:30pm
1st Grade 8:00pm

shark attack
11-07-2013, 02:51 PM
The field is far to big at Terrace. Wallsends ground is probably the best set up a bit far from the ground but still good. From memory Morisset surface isn't to bad either if its not to wet

the field at the terrace use to be a few years ago 110 meters long and 90 meters wide.
felt for the refs who were use to just standing in the centre circle , they actually had to run a bit.

alex the lion
11-07-2013, 07:07 PM
Terrace field is 100 x 70. This is about the same size as most fields are set at for international matches. It was 118 x 90 about 5yr ago.

Premy
11-07-2013, 11:00 PM
Terrace field is 100 x 70. This is about the same size as most fields are set at for international matches. It was 118 x 90 about 5yr ago.

Is the cricket pitch still in the middle? Last time I played there it rained and the middle felt like running on 2inch's of mud with a slab of concrete underneath it.

gny
11-07-2013, 11:05 PM
Yeah pitch is still there well make sure we put the sprinklers on it Friday night

Happy
11-07-2013, 11:35 PM
Kotara vs Suns
1st 1-1
2nd 1-3
3rd 7-1

Premy
12-07-2013, 07:10 AM
Yeah pitch is still there well make sure we put the sprinklers on it Friday night

Haha sounds like fun I'll bring the boogie board

Drunken ranger
12-07-2013, 01:28 PM
Alex the loin it was awesome when it was 118 x 90 it was good to find space and brilliant switch balls Shark attack are u remembering the days of playing in the big pool at the terrace I think u a bit old now lol

Drunken ranger
12-07-2013, 08:15 PM
Hey premy who u used to play for

Premy
12-07-2013, 09:04 PM
Hey premy who u used to play for

This is my 5th season at Suburb before that I played at Swansea for 5 years

Bench warmer
13-07-2013, 04:43 PM
We've definitely got some quick lads in this comp. I'm sure you've all got your speedsters within your clubs. Anyone think they've got someone quicker then speedy gonzaLES up front for terrace?

Hiratio_Hufnagel
13-07-2013, 04:49 PM
Steve the Flash Bailache from Nelson Bay

Premy
13-07-2013, 05:51 PM
Great day in the Terrace for the boys from Suburb all 9 points
3rds 4-1
Res 5-0
1st 6-4

Eleganceisirrelevant
13-07-2013, 06:14 PM
So these are positive results for suburbs yes?

boz-monaut
13-07-2013, 06:18 PM
yeah you're not exactly conveying a clear message here Premy

the world wide convention for football scores is you list the team names, then the scores in the following manner

Home team name v Away team name
Home team score - Away team score

Fridge
13-07-2013, 06:44 PM
Don't worry about Premy a bit excited but also seeing red today. 😜

Premy
13-07-2013, 06:46 PM
Raymond Terrace V Garden Suburb
Third Grade 1-4
Reserve Grade 0-5
First Grade 4-6

Is this better Boz

Premy
13-07-2013, 06:49 PM
Don't worry about Premy a bit excited but also seeing red today. ��

Was a little fired up today no hard feelings to the Terrace lad involved I'm sure his just as upset as me that we'll have to miss a few games

outsider
13-07-2013, 07:19 PM
Was a little fired up today no hard feelings to the Terrace lad involved I'm sure his just as upset as me that we'll have to miss a few games

seventy minutes of football played in the right spirit and then a simple push becomes a choke hold and a punch-how clever is that-not

Ninja
13-07-2013, 08:13 PM
On a scale from 1 to 'really f***ing fast', LJ is 'really f***ing fa-'

If he was 'st' quicker could've been a different result.

gny
13-07-2013, 08:13 PM
Being terraces 1st grade keeper I thought gardo were outstanding few new players from when we last played them made a difference, also lezs volley 1st goal what'd you think premy? Mate the kid that through the gay punch full on Christian was amazed he through one

Bench warmer
13-07-2013, 09:54 PM
I'd love to know how fast les runs the 100

Guiltykeep
13-07-2013, 09:57 PM
From what I remember only
Clerky was out last game we played you guys.. We had couple. That played reserves last time step up.. Les volley was amazing I had no chance with it (burbs keeper if you didn't know

gny
13-07-2013, 09:59 PM
He's a c##t to face at training 18 yards out just hitting bombs,Thought both teams were pretty clinical, good hard game though

gny
13-07-2013, 10:01 PM
Lez used to run the hundred in bit over 10 half seconds when he was young and quick, he's just pedestrian now hahahaha

Hiratio_Hufnagel
13-07-2013, 10:09 PM
Makes the last 5 games interesting with KS, Suns, Terrace & Bay playing for the last 2 finals spots
Wallsend & Suburbs will find it hard to miss the 4

Premy
13-07-2013, 10:18 PM
Being terraces 1st grade keeper I thought gardo were outstanding few new players from when we last played them made a difference, also lezs volley 1st goal what'd you think premy? Mate the kid that through the gay punch full on Christian was amazed he through one

The bloke sure can hit a ball I don't think Guiltykeep haha has seen it yet was some finish. Yeah I spoke to him after the game shock hands and said our sorrys it's a shame what happened because as Outsider said (who I did see today with his trusty note pad) before that the game was played in good spirt, I think we both got caught up in the moment and it escalated pretty quick neither of us came out of it smelling of roses and we both probably wish we acted different.

Question for you Outsider are we looking at more then 2 games on the sideline?

Guiltykeep
13-07-2013, 10:30 PM
The bloke sure can hit a ball I don't think Guiltykeep haha has seen it yet was some finish. Yeah I spoke to him after the game shock hands and said our sorrys it's a shame what happened because as Outsider said (who I did see today with his trusty note pad) before that the game was played in good spirt, I think we both got caught up in the moment and it escalated pretty quick neither of us came out of it smelling of roses and we both probably wish we acted different.

I did see it once the ball was settled in the net aha.. First half must say we could easily had at least another 3 goals if it wasn't for our finishing

Ninja
13-07-2013, 10:56 PM
I did see it once the ball was settled in the net aha.. First half must say we could easily had at least another 3 goals if it wasn't for our finishing
my bad

Guiltykeep
13-07-2013, 11:03 PM
my bad

Come on ninja!! Aha na your ok ill let you off this time

13 goals in 2 games were starting to cone home

outsider
14-07-2013, 09:44 AM

That would be up to the judiciary

Happy
14-07-2013, 10:00 AM
Raymond Terrace i think will surprise a few teams, especially the first time you play them.

Correct.

gny
14-07-2013, 10:03 AM
Not an excuse but 3 first graders out Again yesterday, i expect us to finish off well with everyone being available next week for the first time this year, with out couple new players will be good to see combinations build hopefully for a good run into semis

outsider
14-07-2013, 10:32 AM

GNY_any reason you dont have a number on the back of your shirt as required?

SHARMENS
14-07-2013, 10:33 AM
Not an excuse but 3 first graders out Again yesterday, i expect us to finish off well with everyone being available next week for the first time this year, with out couple new players will be good to see combinations build hopefully for a good run into semis

Does sounds like an excuse ... I'm not affiliated with either club but I did come up and watch the game yesterday and I don't think these 3 players would of helped use yesterday suburbs should of scored about 6 clear chances infront of goal yesterday ...

gny
14-07-2013, 11:17 AM
When your missing a starting left back your starting sweeper and starting centre mid it hurts lol, but I will admit gardo were outstanding

RANGER09
14-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Some good goals scored by both teams yesterday, would have been good for the Nuetrals watching from the sideline

outsider
14-07-2013, 11:49 AM
Some good goals scored by both teams yesterday, would have been good for the Nuetrals watching from the sideline

Very enjoyable game yesterday and better than many at NBN and NEW FM level.Players of both sides were very committed but Garden Suburbs showed little respect in front of goals and should have had at least 6 more,especially the open goal where the forward completely missed the ball on the goal line with the keeper or any other defender no where to be seen.Terrace defence was ordinary for much of the game(would hate to be the GK)but to be fair ,there were some great goals scored at both ends.Game was a good recommendation for ID football.Congratulations to both teams.

ForeverRed
14-07-2013, 12:20 PM
Very enjoyable game yesterday and better than many at NBN and NEW FM level.Players of both sides were very committed but Garden Suburbs showed little respect in front of goals and should have had at least 6 more,especially the open goal where the forward completely missed the ball on the goal line with the keeper or any other defender no where to be seen.Terrace defence was ordinary for much of the game(would hate to be the GK)but to be fair ,there were some great goals scored at both ends.Game was a good recommendation for ID football.Congratulations to both teams.
Better then new fm or nbn level, interesting

outsider
14-07-2013, 01:12 PM
Better then new fm or nbn level, interesting

Better than many I have seen this year for sure

Buddha
14-07-2013, 03:42 PM
Better than many I have seen this year for sure

You've just opened a can of worms now!!! Don't get foreverred started!

outsider
14-07-2013, 04:39 PM
You've just opened a can of worms now!!! Don't get foreverred started!

I saw two teams committed to playing football,not paid big bucks instead of overpaid primma donnas masquerading as State League players.

Premy
14-07-2013, 05:58 PM
Zone Leagues > EPL

Premy
14-07-2013, 06:04 PM
Kahibah V Wallsend?
Beresfield V Suns?
Belmont V Kotara?
Anyone

gny
14-07-2013, 06:19 PM
Wallsend, suns, kotara, tricky games

Happy
14-07-2013, 06:32 PM
Bel-Ting v Kotara Sth
1st 1-5 (I think)
2nd 1-3
3rd 1-6

supa
14-07-2013, 06:33 PM
Kahibah V Wallsend?
Beresfield V Suns?
Belmont V Kotara?
Anyone

Beresfield v Suns

Firsts 3 - 1
Res 1 - 2
Thirds 3 - 0

Big result for the Bero boys after two shockers against Wallsend & Burbs.

Drunken ranger
14-07-2013, 06:44 PM
The first goal in ressies was a quility finish by burbs no 10 I think the keeper thou it was going wide lol

darthmuller
14-07-2013, 06:50 PM
If a team cannot field a full strength team week in, week out. And also have only one team doing well in a grade, are they worthy of promotion?

Having 3 first grade players out should never be an excuse for losing multiple games in a row. Good clubs who deserve promotion should have depth throughout the grades to cover for these losses.

amishpanda
14-07-2013, 06:52 PM
Kahibah v Wallsend:
3rds: kahibah victory (not sure on score)
ressies: 1-3/4?? Wallsend
Firsts: 0-4 Wallsend

gny
14-07-2013, 07:27 PM
Both terrace lower grades were in the game until last 20 of both games where class stood above, terrace lower grades to get some handy results hopefully in coming weeks with grades at full strength, fingers crossed!!!!!

Stevieg
14-07-2013, 08:35 PM
Kahibah v Wallsend:
3rds: kahibah victory (not sure on score)
ressies: 1-3/4?? Wallsend
Firsts: 0-4 Wallsend

3rds - 2 -1 to kahibah
Ressies 1 -4 Wallsend

Drunken ranger
14-07-2013, 09:09 PM
So what the scores between kahibah and wallsend lol gny hopefully u right at full strengh top 2 grades are top 4 sides we just unlucky that we have commitment problems through various reasons

Stevieg
14-07-2013, 09:32 PM
So what the scores between kahibah and wallsend lol gny hopefully u right at full strengh top 2 grades are top 4 sides we just unlucky that we have commitment problems through various reasons

Commitment starts at pre season and sorted out by rnd 1 , seriously it's rnd 13 and respectefully both lower grades for the terrace are situated on the table where commitment levels reflect , no excuses

gny
14-07-2013, 09:42 PM
Gee we the terrace cop it on the forum, were new to id1 depth don't always happen in your 1st year!!!!! We know we're a bit thin but with guys coming back it will give us some depth

Eleganceisirrelevant
14-07-2013, 09:58 PM
A game with 10 goals is not better quality then the nbn league, I'm sure this would have came down to terrible defence on both parts and yes some may have been good finishes but 6-4 RIDICULOUS!

amishpanda
14-07-2013, 09:58 PM
Gee we the terrace cop it on the forum, were new to id1 depth don't always happen in your 1st year!!!!! We know we're a bit thin but with guys coming back it will give us some depth

Not to stick it to you further, but I think the other lads are trying to make the point that relying on "guys coming back" implies that there is no depth in the club?
In any case, get them back quick. We want this season to finish out as a ripper!

gny
14-07-2013, 10:11 PM
We knew we were thin, this season is shaping up as a ripper Amish you guys seem to be the class act, even tho our mid season stumbles have been horrid we still hold 2nd, bay keeping quite, I thought kotara suns for 4th but suburbs seem to be over there bad run and are playing impressive football
6-4 is ridiculous but wasn't magic v Olympic 5-4 or something? Cause that's normal

Happy
14-07-2013, 10:31 PM
I'm hearing rumors of an ugly incident at bero. Any further comment?

Titan
14-07-2013, 10:50 PM
There was an ugly incident at Belmont vs kotara...the 2nd half by Belmont :(

Ninja
14-07-2013, 10:51 PM
Lets not get ahead of ourselves

Happy
14-07-2013, 10:54 PM
Barnsley who had just won promotion into zl1 had two teams in grand finals and the other Knocked out in the semis. Gardo have also been very competitive across all grades since their promotion. I can't see terrace gaining promotion this year as wallsend seem too strong across all 3 grades. Every team will need to deal with injuries and players unavailable for whatever reason but there seems to be only one using it as an excuse (even if they say it's no excuse)

Drunken ranger
14-07-2013, 11:07 PM
Anything bero involved in is ugly just ask wallsend lol

Neally
14-07-2013, 11:34 PM
I'm hearing rumors of an ugly incident at bero. Any further comment?

Centre back from suns did an impersonation of zidane. After a small foul from the bero striker, he took exception to it and tried to put his forehead through him. The usual melee of pushing and shoving ensued but nothing major. Should see him out for a few weeks. Bero striker eventually back to his feet and managed another goal. I thought the game was being played in a reasonable spirit up until this point (a couple of niggling fouls but nothing major) so was a little surprised when it occurred. May be put down to frustration from the suns?

Stevieg
15-07-2013, 07:03 AM
Lol drunken just fishing , enjoy your game this weekend vs the Bero boys

leftrightout
15-07-2013, 08:53 AM
A game with 10 goals is not better quality then the nbn league, I'm sure this would have came down to terrible defence on both parts and yes some may have been good finishes but 6-4 RIDICULOUS!

This league isnt as strong, that doesn't mean its not as good to watch...
Besides, didn't magic beat olympic 5-4 this year or something like that? Terrible defence on both parts i say! 5-4 RIDICULOUS!

SHARMENS
15-07-2013, 09:58 AM

Have u seen some of the scores in nbn this year broadmeadow magic leading the comp 4-4 vs lakes , 5-2 vs city blues , 6-5 vs olympic maybe u should get ur shit right before u comment champ and don't even have to mention newfm the scores that happen in that league are rediculous ...

Drunken ranger
15-07-2013, 10:07 AM
Mate bero is a derby game for us we can expect fireworks on and off the field lol

supa
15-07-2013, 12:46 PM
Centre back from suns did an impersonation of zidane. After a small foul from the bero striker, he took exception to it and tried to put his forehead through him. The usual melee of pushing and shoving ensued but nothing major. Should see him out for a few weeks. Bero striker eventually back to his feet and managed another goal. I thought the game was being played in a reasonable spirit up until this point (a couple of niggling fouls but nothing major) so was a little surprised when it occurred. May be put down to frustration from the suns?

very difficult not to get frustrated playing on the pasadena postage stamp. very nice to get an account of what occurred from someone that was at the fixture before the shite got flinged around. from all accounts it was simply a brain explosion from the suns player.

supa
15-07-2013, 12:56 PM

Mate bero is a derby game for us we can expect fireworks on and off the field lol

smooth deflection away from the topic of your club , not sure if it's a dig at bero or wallsend but im sure we will find out more at this so called 'derby' between the two clubs that have only played each other once in the last ten or so years...

gny
15-07-2013, 01:05 PM
I don't consider us and bero a derby really, us and bay are they derby that we like to be involved in, I'm sure bay players will say the same

Drunken ranger
15-07-2013, 01:15 PM
Terrace bero was a derby game when both in 2hd in 80's it always was a fixture not too miss no dig at wallsend just highlighting bero previous tactics

supa
15-07-2013, 02:01 PM
I don't consider us and bero a derby really, us and bay are they derby that we like to be involved in, I'm sure bay players will say the same

this was my understanding..

Terrace bero was a derby game when both in 2hd in 80's it always was a fixture not too miss no dig at wallsend just highlighting bero previous tactics
can't comment on that as this is the first i have heard of it, personally only been about the club for approx. 10 years.. Bero have only one real derby and thats Thornton. been a while since their was one and pretty likely to be a bit longer yet til we see it again. tactics? previously discussed and put to bed :deadhorse: if you genuinely think that a clubs coach would send players out with the intention of hurting others you'd probably also think that the suns coach has them watching zidane replays and headbutting brick walls at training. :banghead: INDIVIDUALS have acted poorly, not by tactical influence from the coach nor the culture of the club, and have been disciplined accordingly by the club. regardless, looking forward to a beer on Saturday and a great day of football, which the Terrace will no doubt bring to the mix. :pissup:

few things probably worth clearing up on here....from someone that has something to do with the club.

1-we played absolutely shite against wallsend, and i only watched the first half. completely outclassed by a FAR better side.

2-yes a fair few players were out due to work, family etc. however no excuse to get beat by that score in this division as their should be some element of depth to the squad.

3-Now the good stuff that everyone has suddenly decided to comment on...those FEW (and i emphasize few as i can guarantee it is not the entire squad/club) bringing that rubbish brand of football each weekend simply going out to 'smash' opposition around the park will find themselves not having a ball to kick around on a Saturday/Sunday afternoon as it is most definitely not the way we want to play our football, its a fine line between having a bit of mongrel and playing dangerously. and as every single person that seen/heard that result would agree, it clearly didn't help the scoreline. certain players were getting beyond frustrated as they were being outclassed and chose to react with poor sportsmanship rather than increased effort, definitely not what the club wanted to see/nor will it tolerate again. slow process but the club will be better for it in the long term without the "YOBBO" attitude (thanks NB)!

4-Beresfield United and Beresfield FC are TWO COMPLETELY separate clubs that have no committee/player/financial affiliation.

did i miss anything???

Eleganceisirrelevant
15-07-2013, 02:50 PM
Before you stir the pot and try and be a hero!!! I wasn't getting at being better to watch. The word was quality! And you are kidding yourself if this comp is even close that.

Fact.

Drunken ranger
15-07-2013, 03:03 PM
Mmmmm beers

leftrightout
15-07-2013, 03:15 PM
Before you stir the pot and try and be a hero!!! I wasn't getting at being better to watch. The word was quality! And you are kidding yourself if this comp is even close that.

Fact.

Trying to be a hero? no one before you mentioned "quality"... you are the hero in the thread for a comp 3 divisions below yours banging on about how much better you are!

Outsiders post simply stated that the game was better to watch (in his opinion) than some he had watched in the two top leagues.

I bet you are one of those euro snobs who thinks the a-league is shit because the players aren't are good as in EPL?

King Kenny
15-07-2013, 06:27 PM
Trying to be a hero? no one before you mentioned "quality"... you are the hero in the thread for a comp 3 divisions below yours banging on about how much better you are!

Outsiders post simply stated that the game was better to watch (in his opinion) than some he had watched in the two top leagues.

I bet you are one of those euro snobs who thinks the a-league is shit because the players aren't are good as in EPL?

You clearly have no idea !!!!!!!

outsider
15-07-2013, 08:37 PM

Correct-this particular game was one of the most enjoyable I have seen this season-and I see at least 6 every weekend.However it was the exception rather than the rule.There is some very ordinary stuff too.

darthmuller
15-07-2013, 08:41 PM
Correct-this particular game was one of the most enjoyable I have seen this season-and I see at least 6 every weekend.However it was the exception rather than the rule.There is some very ordinary stuff too.

Obviously haven't watched Wallsend play their sublime, slick, short passing game ;-)

darthmuller
15-07-2013, 08:51 PM

I can guarantee that this kid is not a euro snob. this "hero" plays in this league and is one of the better players in the comp.

To defend him, you cannot compare zone league games to state league games. I think what is trying to be said is that the goals were of state league quality not the entire game itself. We have seen a few of these qulaity goals go flying in our own net, and as such, we have created more than a few ourselves.

An entire 90 minute game in this league cannot be compared to the quality of the state league.....FACT!

King Kenny
15-07-2013, 11:23 PM
Obviously haven't watched Wallsend play their sublime, slick, short passing game ;-)

Please if you pay the whole squad the least they can do is be able to put short passes together

amishpanda
15-07-2013, 11:47 PM
Wait a minute....I'm getting PAID??!!
Fark yeah!

darthmuller
15-07-2013, 11:55 PM
Wait a minute....I'm getting PAID??!!
Fark yeah!

Haha I know right. Money or no money, we play some good football.

Eleganceisirrelevant
16-07-2013, 06:49 AM
What!!!?!?!? Are you/we?? Crazy!!!

Oooooooooooo when the REDS.

leftrightout
16-07-2013, 08:16 AM
Ill say again, outsider or myself did not mention quality.We aren't stupid, obviously L1 is not at the same level as NBN. Just like it is a level below ZPL and NEWFM (well some teams are questionable haha).
Just because it is a level (or a few levels) below there are some great games to watch, and im sure you enjoy playing in them!
I would rather watch 6-4 with some quality goals and some dodgy goals than a dull 0-0 in NBN league just because it is a higher level.

All im saying is the level of play doesn't mean it is better for the spectator... FACT!

SHARMENS
16-07-2013, 09:06 AM

Very modest Kyle ...

leftrightout
16-07-2013, 09:59 AM
Please if you pay the whole squad the least they can do is be able to put short passes together

Someone should tell the jets that!

amishpanda
16-07-2013, 10:14 AM
Ill say again, outsider or myself did not mention quality.We aren't stupid, obviously L1 is not at the same level as NBN. Just like it is a level below ZPL and NEWFM (well some teams are questionable haha).
Just because it is a level (or a few levels) below there are some great games to watch, and im sure you enjoy playing in them!
I would rather watch 6-4 with some quality goals and some dodgy goals than a dull 0-0 in NBN league just because it is a higher level.

All im saying is the level of play doesn't mean it is better for the spectator... FACT!

Reminds me of my fans expectations in one of my football manager games:
"We just want to see some quality football......and bicycle kicks."

I'm fairly sure the jets of old did not get paid an 'income.' Remuneration for playing was in the form of bar tabs (topor: cruisers only) at the Prince on Sunday nights.

Eleganceisirrelevant
16-07-2013, 10:37 AM
Hahaha topor and zads bar tab!!

amishpanda
16-07-2013, 10:43 AM
But in any case, back to ZL1. Some big games this weekend!

Berro V Terrace
Apparently Berro have found some form of late! They'll be looking for a strong close out for the season, just to stick it to everyone who has rubbished them on here lately. And good luck to them! Obviously Terrace need a result to keep their spot on the ladder. Another loss could see them down in 4th spot after all catch ups - something no-one had predicted. Berro at Berro is ALWAYS tough. It will wreak havoc with the Terrace long-ball-and-run, and will require them to play. But after all is said, I couldnt bet against them.

Bay V Kotara
This will just be a tough, physical grind right to the end. Nothing separates these teams IMO (not even the long throws). Both decent in the middle, both tough to crack in D. I will go with Bay due to nothing more than the fact they are at home. Draw would not surprise me, but I dont think the Kot front men will crack them.

Belmont V Burbs
Burbs. One does not merely put 6 past terrace and fail to score against Belmont. Scoreline WILL be tight. Belmont will threaten in patches.

Kahibah v Morri
Again, maybe a draw? I will put my faith in the flanking/frontmen for Kahibah.

Wallsend v Suns
Suns have everything to play for. Top 4 spots will be tight. New signings since last match up will pump Newy. I can't imagine what went wrong the other week, though. We, however, are playing good football and having a heap of fun whilst doing it. We're at home and have a premiership to play for. Also, honestly, who bets against themselves? Wallsend to edge it.

gny
16-07-2013, 12:08 PM
What's this terrace long ball rubbish? We don't play long ball,

amishpanda
16-07-2013, 12:11 PM
What's this terrace long ball rubbish? We don't play long ball,

Ah, apologies. Didnt mean to say thats all you have. You have quick blokes up front - quick players can often create chances from a nothing long ball on a big pitch. Nah, LJ does a pretty good job of getting ball to feet - just trying to highlight that is how you will HAVE to play.

That, and just crack bombs from halfway (so very possible on Pasa).

King Kenny
16-07-2013, 12:33 PM

Totally agree !!!!!!!

gny
16-07-2013, 01:16 PM
The way gardo played on Saturday if they do the same against Belmont it could be 10+