Mitchy
16-07-2013, 01:17 PM
Bero at home hard to beat

Drunken ranger
16-07-2013, 01:17 PM
Does anyone know the size of the postage they call Pasadena

King Kenny
16-07-2013, 01:32 PM
The way gardo played on Saturday if they do the same against Belmont it could be 10+

From what I saw Terrace were not too far off and Gardo seem to have found some form . The season has still a few games left so all three grades could be interesting . the quality of play this year is much better than last season.!!!!!!

Hiratio_Hufnagel
16-07-2013, 01:57 PM
Welcome back Mitchy, what is the finals format this year? What do you prefer?

Nave
16-07-2013, 02:28 PM
Ah, apologies. Didnt mean to say thats all you have. You have quick blokes up front - quick players can often create chances from a nothing long ball on a big pitch. Nah, LJ does a pretty good job of getting ball to feet - just trying to highlight that is how you will HAVE to play.

That, and just crack bombs from halfway (so very possible on Pasa).

There is almost not enough room for the long ball at pasadena, as soon as you get past the last line of defence, its pretty much in the keepers arms, maybe just take advantage of the hundreds of free kicks bero will give away

gny
16-07-2013, 02:45 PM
Only hundreds?

amishpanda
16-07-2013, 02:56 PM
In my attempt to throw a cat amongst the pigeons in the state league thread - i threw up the idea of an all stars clash.

Interested in opinions: Who'd be in your all star team? (4-4-2).
Catch: You cant choose from your own team.

GK: Kahibah (if he didnt break his shoulder)
LB: Not a pos. you really remember. Bay have a decent wide-man.
CB: Bay Stopper
CB: Gardo(Bon)
RB: Same as LB. Suns wide-man.
LM: Gardo(Ninja)
CM: Kotara(Tom Tred)
CM: Gardo(Matt Darr)
RM: Kahibah(Thompson)
LF: Terrace(Les)
RF: Suns(Did they sign Stoj?)/Gardo(Clerkey)

Hiratio_Hufnagel
16-07-2013, 03:00 PM
There will be plenty drinking their tinnies yelling out "Hack The Bone"

Premy
16-07-2013, 03:33 PM
In my attempt to throw a cat amongst the pigeons in the state league thread - i threw up the idea of an all stars clash.

Including blokes from Wallsend it would be a pretty cracking side and could give the blokes in NBN a good run for their money

Gary
16-07-2013, 04:13 PM
A four team end of season round robin between the "division all-stars" with the top players from each of the four highest divisions would generate a lot of interest I reckon..and it'd be a good chance for all of us who arn't selected to get on the tinnies with people from other clubs & cheer on our mates & division representatives..i'd be all for it

Premy
16-07-2013, 04:19 PM
In no order top 4 and spoon predictions in all grades?
Thirds
Wallsend
Suburb
Kotara
Suns

Terrace (spoon)

Reserve
Wallsend
Suburb
Kotara
Bay

Belmont

1st
Wallsend
Suburb
Kotara
Terrace

Belmont

-Bay have a tough run home playing 4 of the top 6 in their last 5 games
-Morisset and Belmont are yet to play each other I'm tipping Morisset in a tight one
-Kotara's game in hand at home to Beresfield is vital to them making top 4
-Suburb like Kotara vital catch up games away at Kahibah and Morisset to give themselves every chance of top 4
-Bay V Kotara this weekend should be a cracker of a game
-I won't write Beresfield off complete yet but they can't afford to slip up and could create a few upsets
- 35 points "should" see teams into the top 4, Kotara 4th last year on 26 points
- Table doesn't lie and shows the depth of Wallsend, Kotara and Suburb
- This is my opinion sorry if I offend anyone.

Its been a top year so far and is going to be a very interesting finish whoever finishes 5th and 6th can still hold their head up all the best to everyone.

Premy
16-07-2013, 04:22 PM
A four team end of season round robin between the "division all-stars" with the top players from each of the four highest divisions would generate a lot of interest I reckon..and it'd be a good chance for all of us who arn't selected to get on the tinnies with people from other clubs & cheer on our mates & division representatives..i'd be all for it
+1
Would be a cash cow for host clubs too so could entice state league if hosting rights are shared

amishpanda
16-07-2013, 05:07 PM
-Suburb like Kotara vital catch up games away at Kahibah and Morisset to give themselves every chance of top 4

When are your catch ups Prem?

Premy
16-07-2013, 05:29 PM
Your guess is as good as mine Kahibah has been washed out twice and I haven't heard any word about Morisset. Fridge would be able to give you a better update then me or someone from Kahibah and Morisset as they are the host clubs.

Nave
16-07-2013, 06:36 PM
Your guess is as good as mine Kahibah has been washed out twice and I haven't heard any word about Morisset. Fridge would be able to give you a better update then me or someone from Kahibah and Morisset as they are the host clubs.

Apparently, we (Motown), are having difficulties in scheduling a a ground to host our required home catch up games as it is used for rugby league training on weeknights, and some other facilities arent up to scratch at Auston Oval ie lights, word was we are looking to host one potentially at Rathmines but this is second hand info

Nave
16-07-2013, 06:38 PM

Any Motown players get a spot on the bench :p

Mitchy
16-07-2013, 09:02 PM
Welcome back Mitchy, what is the finals format this year? What do you prefer?

Cya Saturday

Beers (y)

Hiratio_Hufnagel
17-07-2013, 01:09 PM
Finals?
Home and Away, Aggregate 1v4 & 2v3 or Elimination 3v4???

gny
17-07-2013, 03:01 PM
Amish you said bero to stick it to teams that have rubbished them on here, didn't use smash bero on here after the night game use had? Lol
I like home and away legs bit more exciting,
Also any other teams missing players due to man united game?

amishpanda
17-07-2013, 04:02 PM
Amish you said bero to stick it to teams that have rubbished them on here, didn't use smash bero on here after the night game use had? Lol

Yes, I did...and deservedly so. The bloke from Berro then came on here and gave a decent account/defense of the majority of players at the club, and it was good enough for me.

It doesnt change the fact that a lot of people, including myself (for the period after the game where I had to bandage my shins to keep from bleeding through my work pants :tongue:), had a few choice things to say about them, which gives them every reason to want results and prove everyone wrong.

amishpanda
17-07-2013, 04:05 PM
Any Motown players get a spot on the bench :p

Hey, you got a FORMER motown player in there. Bask in his reflected glory.

Stephen McTowelie
17-07-2013, 04:47 PM
Too many people in the ID1 thread whining about dirty players, rubbish fields and minor injuries. Get a few cans of Kandos into ya and harden up like our friend Horatio Hufnagle. If the away trip to Bero isnt the best away game in the comp I know nothing. The small field and close proximity to the crowd make for a great atmosphere.

RANGER09
17-07-2013, 05:17 PM
Finals?
Home and Away, Aggregate 1v4 & 2v3 or Elimination 3v4???

Call me old fashioned but prefer the 1v2 3v4 system for finals

Nou Camp
17-07-2013, 05:24 PM

have always wondered what the outcome of ID1 best 11 vs a ZPL best 11 would be

yes stoj signed at round 7 and has 10 from 6 games and was really the missing piece of the puzzle for us
no doubt we would be higher up the ladder if he was there from the start.
our striker from last year who had 24 goals for the season will be back from overseas for next year, so him at stoj upfront will make for some excellent viewing

RANGER09
17-07-2013, 05:26 PM
Apparently, we (Motown), are having difficulties in scheduling a a ground to host our required home catch up games as it is used for rugby league training on weeknights, and some other facilities arent up to scratch at Auston Oval ie lights, word was we are looking to host one potentially at Rathmines but this is second hand info

Double header on the next free weekend :grin:

gny
17-07-2013, 05:39 PM
I don't know who the other guy is but 24 goals in a season is a great tally, so I'm sure him and stoj would run riot

Nave
17-07-2013, 05:55 PM
Hey, you got a FORMER motown player in there. Bask in his reflected glory.

We cant live in his shadow forever, hopefully at least one of our players can impress enough in the final rounds to get mentioned in this thread

Nave
17-07-2013, 05:56 PM
Double header on the next free weekend :grin:

We will just have to wait and see all the games will have to happen eventually or itll be a mess in the last few rounds

Gary
17-07-2013, 06:43 PM
Were there any catch up games played on Tuesday & are there any going to be played tomorrow night?

Ninja
17-07-2013, 06:58 PM
I don't know who the other guy is but 24 goals in a season is a great tally, so I'm sure him and stoj would run riot

big bloke with the mo isnt it nou camp?
or is it that bald bloke that was playing behind the stikers against us (gardo) in the semis?

Gary
17-07-2013, 08:19 PM
Stoj & igor would've been very dangerous together this season..

gny
17-07-2013, 08:37 PM
If them 2 were together this season there in top 4

darthmuller
17-07-2013, 08:58 PM
If them 2 were together this season there in top 4

Don't write them off just yet.

leftrightout
17-07-2013, 08:59 PM
have always wondered what the outcome of ID1 best 11 vs a ZPL best 11 would be

yes stoj signed at round 7 and has 10 from 6 games and was really the missing piece of the puzzle for us
no doubt we would be higher up the ladder if he was there from the start.
our striker from last year who had 24 goals for the season will be back from overseas for next year, so him at stoj upfront will make for some excellent viewing

Is this the player who got 24 goals in the season, 1st grade competition golden boot and yet played reserve grade grand final?

Bulldogs 1962
17-07-2013, 10:18 PM
big bloke with the mo isnt it nou camp?
or is it that bald bloke that was playing behind the stikers against us (gardo) in the semis?

Was the bald guy and they played him in ressies GF along with 3 other regular 1st graders from that year just to get win and struggle to bet a genuine res grade team that played with ten men for 60min

Nou Camp
18-07-2013, 12:44 AM
Was the bald guy and they played him in ressies GF along with 3 other regular 1st graders from that year just to get win and struggle to bet a genuine res grade team that played with ten men for 60min

They were all eligible
Most were dropped to ressies due to form and injuries for the last couple of weeks of the season.
You can go through the team sheets if you like
Also pretty sure we beat Barnsley twice through the regular season with a genuine 3rd grade team.
At Barnsley we only had 6 fresh for reserve grade from 3rd grade and won 3-2
At home we only had 2 fresh from the 3rd game and only one on the bench
Yes 2 fresh players!!
That's 9 players who have just played and lost a 3rd grade game against the team coming first
And still won 1-0
So the grand final game was no fluke.
The fact our reserve grade even made the finals and grand final was a miracal in its self with the lack of numbers we had last year and people constantly doubling up
Our resis were 8th half way through the year with no hope and went on to win 10 straight (the whole club is still scratching our heads at how) with no similar team week in week out

Also it wasn't our fault you played with 10 men for 60 mins?

Premy
18-07-2013, 12:54 AM
Bloke with the moe (mick I think his name is) did I see him having a run in 3rds a few weeks back nou camp? Quality 3rd grade striker.

amishpanda
18-07-2013, 08:50 AM
Stoj & igor would've been very dangerous together this season..

Ah, I would relish the chance to go up against the mighty Igs Kara again!

leftrightout
18-07-2013, 09:02 AM
They were all eligible
Most were dropped to ressies due to form and injuries for the last couple of weeks of the season.
You can go through the team sheets if you like
Also pretty sure we beat Barnsley twice through the regular season with a genuine 3rd grade team.
At Barnsley we only had 6 fresh for reserve grade from 3rd grade and won 3-2
At home we only had 2 fresh from the 3rd game and only one on the bench
Yes 2 fresh players!!
That's 9 players who have just played and lost a 3rd grade game against the team coming first
And still won 1-0
So the grand final game was no fluke.
The fact our reserve grade even made the finals and grand final was a miracal in its self with the lack of numbers we had last year and people constantly doubling up
Our resis were 8th half way through the year with no hope and went on to win 10 straight (the whole club is still scratching our heads at how) with no similar team week in week out

Also it wasn't our fault you played with 10 men for 60 mins?

Dropped due to form? he scored 24 goals haha

Fact is though, they have to be eligible to play and they obviously were. Suns 1st grade were also in the semis so it is not like they could fully just stack their team i guess?

In reserve grade Suns definitely sound like barnsley bogey team from last year... Obviously a bit of feeling between the two clubs still!

Nou Camp
18-07-2013, 09:44 AM
Bloke with the moe (mick I think his name is) did I see him having a run in 3rds a few weeks back nou camp? Quality 3rd grade striker.

yes he has been playing 3rds and resis this year due to other commitments, has only played a handful of games so far

Nou Camp
18-07-2013, 09:50 AM
Dropped due to form? he scored 24 goals haha

Fact is though, they have to be eligible to play and they obviously were. Suns 1st grade were also in the semis so it is not like they could fully just stack their team i guess?

In reserve grade Suns definitely sound like barnsley bogey team from last year... Obviously a bit of feeling between the two clubs still!

and injuries*

no shouldnt be any feeling (not from me anyways) enjoyed the competitive games against the bulldogs
nothing wrong with a bit of passion and wearing your heart on your sleeve

Premy
18-07-2013, 01:35 PM
yes he has been playing 3rds and resis this year due to other commitments, has only played a handful of games so far

Thought so handy player to have in the lower grades. I don't think anyone in this comp holds the ball up better then him, he was a nightmare to mark last year and seems like a top bloke too

ManU Football
18-07-2013, 02:23 PM
Wallsend v Suns
Should be a solid game, who's backing who this w.e?

gny
18-07-2013, 05:12 PM
Suns play good football but I really can't go past wallsend they hands down best team in the comp

Gary
18-07-2013, 10:05 PM
Suns v wallsend will be a great matchup in all three grades..

King Kenny
19-07-2013, 11:26 AM
I would not be surprised if Gardo did not finish top in both Thirds and ressies As both those grades are still well and truly up for grabs , you never know as they are still to play each other at Gardo. The depth in both these clubs is there for all to see as both these teams Wallsend or Gardo would win last years comp easy in Thirds and Ressies. Obviously first grade quality in the top four is defiantly improved as well. All is well in Zone League one .....

Hiratio_Hufnagel
19-07-2013, 02:15 PM
Any Grounds a chance of a washout this weekend?

Professor Chaos
19-07-2013, 02:50 PM
Any Grounds a chance of a washout this weekend?

Seeing as it hasnt rained Hufnagle, I doubt it. Go back to clown college

outsider
19-07-2013, 02:59 PM

just starting here-Wallsend

Hiratio_Hufnagel
19-07-2013, 03:26 PM
It's about to piss down can see it from Belmont all the way up to newcastle
Where are you chaos out In the Sand Dunes?

Hiratio_Hufnagel
19-07-2013, 03:33 PM

Get outside of your cave chaos there is some form of liquid substance falling from the sky

gny
19-07-2013, 03:51 PM
Yeah this liquid substance is a real mystery, i believe there is heavy rain to come?

alex the lion
19-07-2013, 10:05 PM
Raymond Terrace will be holding an old boys day sat 27th july at king park v Belmont Tingara. All former players and committee members are invited. After all games are finished will move on to Lakeside Village Tavern for a night of laughs.

Drunken ranger
19-07-2013, 10:19 PM
Who needs laughs loin let's crack onto the beers

Bon
20-07-2013, 01:10 AM
Well, what a read that has been..
Trying to catch up on the last 8 weeks of news\banter\sledging\idiocy.. Brilliant stuff..
Anyone able to link up the tables for all grades up to now? Im in Munich and having trouble trying to see where everyone stands! hahaha..

Premy
20-07-2013, 08:23 AM
1st Grade
1 Wallsend FC 13 11 1 1 34
2 Nelson Bay FC 13 8 3 2 26
3 Raymond Terrace SC 13 8 3 2 26
4 Newcastle Suns FC 13 7 5 1 22
5 Garden Suburb FC 11 7 4 0 21
6 Kotara South Senior FC 12 6 4 2 20
7 Beresfield SSC 12 4 8 0 12
8 Kahibah FC ZFL 11 3 7 1 10
9 Belmont Tingira 11 1 10 0 3
10 Morisset SC 11 0 10 1 1

Premy
20-07-2013, 08:25 AM
Res Grade
1 Wallsend FC 13 11 1 1 34
2 Garden Suburb FC 11 9 2 0 27
3 Kotara South Senior FC 12 8 4 0 24
4 Newcastle Suns FC 13 6 5 2 20
5 Nelson Bay FC 13 5 4 4 19
6 Morisset SC 11 3 5 3 12
7 Beresfield SSC 12 4 8 0 12
8 Raymond Terrace SC 13 3 9 1 10
9 Kahibah FC ZFL 11 2 6 3 9
10 Belmont Tingira 11 2 9 0 6

Premy
20-07-2013, 08:26 AM
Third Grade
1 Wallsend FC 13 10 2 1 31
2 Kotara South Senior FC 12 9 2 1 28
3 Garden Suburb FC 11 8 1 2 26
4 Newcastle Suns FC 13 6 7 0 18
5 Kahibah FC ZFL 11 5 4 2 17
6 Nelson Bay FC 13 4 6 3 15
7 Beresfield SSC 11 4 5 2 14
8 Belmont Tingira 11 3 5 3 12
9 Morisset SC 11 2 8 1 7
10 Raymond Terrace SC 13 1 11 1 4

Premy
20-07-2013, 08:42 AM
Well, what a read that has been..
Trying to catch up on the last 8 weeks of news\banter\sledging\idiocy.. Brilliant stuff..
Anyone able to link up the tables for all grades up to now? Im in Munich and having trouble trying to see where everyone stands! hahaha..

How's the trip been big nob?

darthmuller
20-07-2013, 10:44 AM
So if a club championship existed in this league, which in my opinion every league should have one to determine promotion and relegation, this is how it currently would stand.
( 3 points per point in first grade, 2 points per point in reserve grade, 1 point per point in 3rds grade)

1. Wallsend FC - 201
2. Garden Suburbs FC - 143
3. Kotara South Senior FC - 136
4. Nelson Bay FC - 131
5. Newcastle Suns FC - 124
6. Raymond Terrace SC - 102
7. Beresefield SSC - 74
8. Kahibah FC - 65
9. Morisset SC - 34
10. Belmont Tingira FC - 33

You can see how depth throughout all grades deeply impacts the clubs overall standing.

Dobbo
20-07-2013, 12:05 PM
Wallsend FC are holding their annual 'Old Boys Day' on Sunday the 25th August 2013 at The Gardens. All players and affiliates of this great club, old and new are invited along and also join us at our major sponsor "The Lemon Grove" at Wallsend. Please spread the word.

Premy
20-07-2013, 12:28 PM
I would not be surprised if Gardo did not finish top in both Thirds and ressies As both those grades are still well and truly up for grabs , you never know as they are still to play each other at Gardo. The depth in both these clubs is there for all to see as both these teams Wallsend or Gardo would win last years comp easy in Thirds and Ressies. Obviously first grade quality in the top four is defiantly improved as well. All is well in Zone League one .....

I wouldn't forget/write off Kotara in the 2 lower grades

NUGUNS
20-07-2013, 01:20 PM

That S on the end of Suburb makes me cringe every time.

Bon
20-07-2013, 03:24 PM
How's the trip been big nob?

Yeah its been amazing, mate..
I fly home on Sunday!!! Straight on to the bench for 3rd grade! hahaha...

gny
20-07-2013, 04:32 PM
How's your kankle Bon?

supa
20-07-2013, 05:59 PM
BERO 3 - TERRACE 3 first grade... no typo

Guiltykeep
20-07-2013, 06:07 PM
BERO 3 - TERRACE 3 first grade... no typo

Good result for bero!

supa
20-07-2013, 06:16 PM
unfortunately I didnt see all the second half of firsts but from the report i got Terrace won't be happy..two red cards, first one definitely warranted, last man tackle - had to go. I'll let the terrace boys discuss the other red as I wasn't there. the lower grades were two well contested fixtures. 3-1 result for bero in both games. Quite a good day at the office for the Pasadena boys.

Gary
20-07-2013, 06:46 PM
Any results from the bay-kotara match?

Hiratio_Hufnagel
20-07-2013, 06:49 PM
NBay vs KS Le Tigres
1sts
1-1 Quality chip goal 20 out by the tigers striker
Res
2-2
Both team going at each other locked scores 0-0 @ HT
Bay scored 5 mins into the 2nd half from a free kick goal box scramble. KS levelled 1-1, Bay slotted a 1 on 1 with 10 to go to look like taking the 3 points. KS pulled together an attacking play with the striker scoring on the last kick of the game.
Well done Kotara, this has been the same story for Bay reserve grade losing points from the last kick of the game the 5th time it has occurred this year

Drunken ranger
20-07-2013, 06:54 PM
Terrace bero game was marred by bad refereeing 2 penalities against us and a couple of bad calls one on one les gets taken out not even a free kick let alone a yellow yep we do get quality referees in the comp

NUGUNS
20-07-2013, 07:01 PM
What has been every one's favorite fields to play on this year?

I thought Terrace's 3rd field had been one of the best fields I had played on since playing seniors. None of the others besides Wallsend have stuck out due to choppy fields and poor weather.

I have yet to see Nelson Bay's field but last year I thought it was in pretty good condition for such a late stage in the season.

(Tenambit had pretty solid field to bad they were relegated)

Drunken ranger
20-07-2013, 07:14 PM
I think suburbs was good when we there but it has a lot of traffic field 3 at the terrace is our back up field our main field is a lot better nice and big too

Ninja
20-07-2013, 08:57 PM
I think suburbs was good when we there but it has a lot of traffic field 3 at the terrace is our back up field our main field is a lot better nice and big too
Think that was because it was our first home game all season haha

Bon
20-07-2013, 09:44 PM
How's your kankle Bon?

Yeah its slowly coming good, thanks mate..
(Although after 4 weeks on crutches and 8 weeks on Euro beers, I think its fair to say that Im not at peak fitness.. :grin: )

supa
20-07-2013, 11:59 PM
Terrace bero game was marred by bad refereeing 2 penalities against us and a couple of bad calls one on one les gets taken out not even a free kick let alone a yellow yep we do get quality referees in the comp
I'll agree with you in part, reffing had been average to say the least, however...ankle tapping a striker heading towards goal just inside your penalty box when you're the last man was never going to result in anything but an early shower...and that was just ONE of the reds.. :redcard:

gny
21-07-2013, 05:01 AM
Come on Bon you had no peak fitness since you were 20 lol, euro beers probably made you stronger lol

amishpanda
21-07-2013, 10:07 AM
Although after 4 weeks on crutches and 8 weeks on Euro beers, I think its fair to say that Im not at peak fitness.. :grin:

We have a striker returning from a similar trip soon. Seeing as he spent majority of his time in Germany, we are really hoping he was just going over to attend a secret boot camp, and comes back the very aspect of Klose himself.

Truth is, he probably spent his time sinking piss and oggling wenches...and who could blame him?
A bit of hard work should see you both back in form for finals time.:lol:

amishpanda
21-07-2013, 10:30 AM
On another note, any teams missing players due to splendour in the grass next weekend?

Swear it should be an international long weekend.

Nou Camp
21-07-2013, 05:58 PM
Wallsend vs suns
1sts 1-2 suns
Res 4-1 wallsend
3rds 5-2 wallsend
Firsts was excellent tight game with a winner at the death
Could've gone either way

Fridge
21-07-2013, 06:05 PM
Belmont v suburb
1st 1-2
Res 0-3
3rds 0-4

namwob99
21-07-2013, 06:33 PM
So if a club championship existed in this league, which in my opinion every league should have one to determine promotion and relegation, this is how it currently would stand.
( 3 points per point in first grade, 2 points per point in reserve grade, 1 point per point in 3rds grade)

1. Wallsend FC - 201
3. Kotara South Senior FC - 136
4. Nelson Bay FC - 131
5. Newcastle Suns FC - 124
6. Raymond Terrace SC - 102
7. Beresefield SSC - 74
8. Kahibah FC - 65
9. Morisset SC - 34
10. Belmont Tingira FC - 33

You can see how depth throughout all grades deeply impacts the clubs overall standing.

http://www.newcastlefootball.com.au/fileadmin/user_upload/nth-nsw-football/Competitions/Regulations_and_By-Laws/2013/REGULATION_E_2013.pdf

Head to E14

Bon
23-07-2013, 04:33 PM
Come on Bon you had no peak fitness since you were 20 lol, euro beers probably made you stronger lol

Shit, you sure you aren't my Uncle Otto? He has been saying that to me for years.. haha (Pretty true though)

Interesting result with Suns getting up over Wallsend.. Sounds like it would have been a cracker of a match..

Premy
24-07-2013, 10:49 AM
Wallsend: Suburb(A), Terrace(A), Beresfield(A), Belmont(H)

Nelson Bay: Suns(A), Suburb(H), Terrace(A), Beresfield(H)

Raymond Terrace: Belmont(H), Wallsend(H), Bay(H), Kahibah(A)

Newcastle Suns: Bay(H), Kahibah(A), Kotara(?), Morisset(A)

Garden Suburb: Wallsend(H), Bay(A), Kahibah(H), Kotara(A)

Kotara: Kahibah(H), Morisset(H), Suns(?), Suburb(H)

Kahibah: Kotara(A), Suns(H), Suburb(A), Terrace(H)

Beresfield: Morisset(A), Belmont(A), Wallsend(H), Bay(A)

Belmont: Terrace(A), Beresfield(H), Morisset(A), Wallsend(A)

Morisset: Beresfield(H), Kotara(A), Belmont(H), Suns(H)

Catch up games
Suburb: Kahibah(A), Morisset(A)
Kotara: Beresfield(H)
Kahibah: Suburb(H)
Beresfield: Kotara(A)
Belmont: Morisset(H)
Morisset: Belmont(A), Suburb(H)

*?Suns V Kotara- Not sure where this game is to be played as 1st round they swaped grounds due to wet weather

gny
24-07-2013, 08:16 PM
The business end of the season, obviously only wallsend secured semi finals, what's everyone's top 4 with 3 spots left up for grabs, every team seems to have very difficult fixtures to finish off as well

Nou Camp
25-07-2013, 11:20 AM
suns vs kotara will be a suns home game

Gary
26-07-2013, 11:05 AM
Did anyone play their catch up game/s this week?if so,results?

RANGER09
26-07-2013, 06:04 PM
Did anyone play their catch up game/s this week?if so,results?

Maybe they are all waiting for the spare weekend?

Gary
27-07-2013, 10:59 AM
I can't see garden suburb wanting to play two catch up games the week before semis,one game maybe..what's everyone's tips for the weekend?

RANGER09
27-07-2013, 11:07 AM
Maybe suburbs could do a 2 for 1 deal with Kahibah in round 17 ;) but out of their hands as both away games for them.
Bay v Suns - draw
Terrace
Suburbs
Morriset
Kotara

Premy
27-07-2013, 11:59 AM
As Ranger said its out of our hands.

Suns
Terrace
Bero
Kotara

Premy
27-07-2013, 06:44 PM
Results?

Terrace v Belmont?
Bay v Suns

Stephen McTowelie
27-07-2013, 06:53 PM
Results?

Terrace v Belmont?
Bay v Suns

1st - n bay 3 : suns 0
2nd - n bay 2 : suns 0
3rd - n bay 1 : suns 1

gny
27-07-2013, 07:32 PM
3rds 2-1 terrace yewww lol,
Res 2-1 Belmont
1sts 4-2 terrace
Credit to Belmont short on players just kept putting in for each other unreal effort from Belmont boys, terrace first half good not clinical Belmont keeper absolute blinder could of been 6,7,8,9 lol, terrace tried throwing the game away again, 2nd half more even but Belmont fatigue hurt them in the end

RANGER09
28-07-2013, 12:10 AM
3rds 2-1 terrace yewww lol,
Res 2-1 Belmont
1sts 4-2 terrace
Credit to Belmont short on players just kept putting in for each other unreal effort from Belmont boys, terrace first half good not clinical Belmont keeper absolute blinder could of been 6,7,8,9 lol, terrace tried throwing the game away again, 2nd half more even but Belmont fatigue hurt them in the end

Thanks to a few all age guys for filling in today in 3rds good to see the boys get a win. Helped set the first goal up and scored the winner!
Unlucky for ressies going down 2-1, doesn't help with having to prop up first grade with players suspended but credit to Belmont for the win.
Good to get a win in first grade today but score line could have been anything but as gny said we were not clinical in front of goal today, Belmont Keeper made 2 good saves but most of his time was spent collecting the ball for goal kicks. 1st goal was a penalty, 2nd goal was a cracker from just outside the 18, 3rd goal another pen and 4th we finally worked one around the keeper right on full time.
Hopefully boys will turn this form in front of goal around for the remaining games.

RANGER09
28-07-2013, 12:16 AM
1st - n bay 3 : suns 0
2nd - n bay 2 : suns 0
3rd - n bay 1 : suns 1

Good results for the bay boys, any match report coming through?

Hiratio_Hufnagel
28-07-2013, 12:49 AM
Good results for the bay boys, any match report coming through?
1sts
In the first half the game was 50-50 & who ever took the lead would take control of the game, the suns hit the crossbar from the ball bouncing on the goal line, there was plenty of bounce in the pitch the game was over in the 2nd half with 20 to go with the bay 2-0 up from a bad back pass to the gk from the suns cb same story for the 3rd goal, the bay was happy to keep a clean sheet with the back line keeping the tag of best defence in the league

gny
28-07-2013, 01:58 AM
Ranger 1 chance 1 goal the Old stager showing the lads how its done aye range ;), as I said all credit to Belmont all credit thanks boys for a funny and competitive game use deserve more and could hurt teams in final
Rounds ,
Well done to bay huge result today
Match report? Suns or bay?

Premy
28-07-2013, 09:23 AM
One would think the winner of the Port Stephens derby would wrap up a top 4 finish but with wins against Beresfield and Kahibah respectfully in the last round I think both Terrace and Bay have done enough to wrap up semi finals berths. Both Suns and Kotara can not afford slip ups. Obvious last year Kotara and Wallsend fought till the last game for 4th and Barnesly and Suburb for the minor premiership but I can't recall a season being this close with so many teams being in contention for some time feel free to correct me anyone?

Huge game today at the nest in what I think will be a big crowd Wallsend will be looking to assert their dominance on the competition and Garden Suburb will be fired up hosting 1st place in a game with a lot riding on the result. 1 V 2 in both the lower grades so should be a cracker of a day. If your not playing today I would recommend you all come watch and don't forget your sunnies, all the best to all other teams playing today.

RANGER09
28-07-2013, 10:53 AM
Whoever wins today will more than likely go on to take the minor premiership, Suburbs should Get some confidence out of last weeks result with suns beating Wallsend. Great day for both sides, don't forget your sunscreen today, a few of us still wearing the sunnies tan from yesterday

Premy
28-07-2013, 05:48 PM
Suburb V Wallsend

3rds 0-2
Res 0-2
1st 4-2

a-gunners
28-07-2013, 06:29 PM
Could of been 5 or 6 - 2 to burbs with a couple of missed one on ones.shows a lot of depth in a club that has ski Webster fighting for a position and Jesse price coming of the bench. Will b hard to beat

Ninja
28-07-2013, 07:01 PM
Wallsends first goal was classy.
I touched myself a little.

EDIT: Wasn't only us that could've scored more, we had a a few tap ins that we missed but Wallsend were only kept out of a couple goals by some desperation in the box.
INB4 bad refereeing, it went both ways, still a great game to play in and I'm sure a good one to watch.

gny
28-07-2013, 07:01 PM
Did I hear right,
Kahibah 7 kotara 0?
I think we're seeing the garden suburbs everyone talked about at the start of the year, wallsend in a hole or just beaten by better teams last few weeks?

Premy
29-07-2013, 05:12 AM
Suburb V Wallsend

3rds
I missed the 1st half and by the time I got there it was 2-0 to Wallsend, one of Wallsend players was red carded midway threw the 1st half. 2nd half as you expect with a extra man it was 1 way traffic for Suburb but Wallsend held on well and defended as a unit to hold on.

Res
1st half was all Wallsend they played together as a unit looked like a well structured well oiled team. How they weren't 2 goals to the good I don't know but Suburb had the best chance of the half and could of pinched a goal against the run of play, but both teams went to the break at 0-0.
2nd half it was a different game with Wallsend scoring a well dissevered goal early in the half but after that Suburb took control of the game and created some good goals scoring opportunities and were unlucky to not equalize or take the lead. With Suburb looking to equalize the game opened up an Wallsend got another goal with a good counter attack to assure the points.

1st
What can I say solid effort today from Suburb on a different day could of scored more goals. The 1st goal came from a great finish from Wallsend's Captian and CB in his own net after Sammy fired a shot low across the box which was turned in by Wallsend's Captian (that's why his out there and not me). First 15-20mins Suburb controlled the game with Wallsend looking a shadow of themselves but they turned that around in the later stages of the first half. They started to pressure more and got a deserved equalizer after some good football from both teams. I didn't see their goal but it came close to half time and seen the game at 1-1 at the break.
Second half was the best half of football from Suburb I've seen all year the second goal came from a ball dinked over the top of Wallsend's defense and big Sammy getting on to a bouncing ball and calmly chipping the keeper. Suburb continued to press and Wallsend were forced to play the long ball game something far from their fluent short pass tika taka football. The 3rd goal came from a super finish from Matty Darr with a top volley from 25-30 out which went threw a bunch of people in the box and somehow found its way into the net. With Wallsend being down by 2 they made a change with both Jimmy and Koshi coming on together which suited the long ball approach they had reverted to with their speed, this done little to stop Suburb's dominance but Wallsend did look more dangerous on the counter. Suburb's 4th came on the back of some brilliant football which finished with Skii beating his man and taking the ball to the byline and cutting it back for Jessie Pryce to finish in a open net for a well deserved goal after being brought on for Clerky who played out of his skin and ran Wallsend's defense across the park. Wallsend then got a 2nd goal from a penalty (I didn't see what happened so I can't comment on it) late in the game which made the score line more respectable for Wallsend. 4-2 at the end of the game which was a great spectacle to watch big game next weekend at Nelson Bay for Suburb with the Bay looking to get some revenge on home turf after a first round defeat.

Premy
29-07-2013, 05:25 AM
Did I hear right,
Kahibah 7 kotara 0?
I think we're seeing the garden suburbs everyone talked about at the start of the year, wallsend in a hole or just beaten by better teams last few weeks?
Sporting pulse has 7-0 to Kahibah
Beresfield V Morisset anyone?

Premy
29-07-2013, 12:14 PM
Wallsend: Terrace(A), Beresfield(A), Belmont(H)

Nelson Bay: Suburb(H), Terrace(A), Beresfield(H)

Raymond Terrace: Wallsend(H), Bay(H), Kahibah(A)

Garden Suburb: Bay(A), Kahibah(H), Kotara(A)

Newcastle Suns: Kahibah(A), Kotara(?), Morisset(A)

Kotara: Morisset(H), Suns(?), Suburb(H)

Kahibah: Suns(H), Suburb(A), Terrace(H)

Beresfield: Belmont(A), Wallsend(H), Bay(A)

Belmont: Beresfield(H), Morisset(A), Wallsend(A)

Morisset: Kotara(A), Belmont(H), Suns(H)

Catch up games
Suburb: Kahibah(A), Morisset(A)
Kotara: Beresfield(H)
Kahibah: Suburb(H)
Beresfield: Kotara(A)
Belmont: Morisset(H)
Morisset: Belmont(A), Suburb(H)

If Suns take all points remaining they finish on 34
If Kotara take all points remaining they finish on 33

Bon
29-07-2013, 01:53 PM

From what I've heard/seen from the Mo-town lads back home (maybe Nave can confirm it for us):

Mo-town Vs Bero
3rds: 1-0
Res: 1-1
1sts: 2-0

gny
29-07-2013, 01:55 PM
Suns have best run home

Premy
29-07-2013, 04:11 PM
Suburb V Wallsend
1st
What can I say solid effort today from Suburb on a different day could of scored more goals. The 1st goal came from a great finish from Wallsend's Captian and CB in his own net after Sammy fired a shot low across the box which was turned in by Wallsend's Captian (that's why his out there and not me). First 15-20mins Suburb controlled the game with Wallsend looking a shadow of themselves but they turned that around in the later stages of the first half. They started to pressure more and got a deserved equalizer after some good football from both teams. I didn't see their goal but it came close to half time and seen the game at 1-1 at the break.
Second half was the best half of football from Suburb I've seen all year the second goal came from a ball dinked over the top of Wallsend's defense and big Sammy getting on to a bouncing ball and calmly chipping the keeper. Suburb continued to press and Wallsend were forced to play the long ball game something far from their fluent short pass tika taka football. The 3rd goal came from a super finish from Matty Darr with a top volley from 25-30 out which went threw a bunch of people in the box and somehow found its way into the net. With Wallsend being down by 2 they made a change with both Jimmy and Koshi coming on together which suited the long ball approach they had reverted to with their speed, this done little to stop Suburb's dominance but Wallsend did look more dangerous on the counter. Suburb's 4th came on the back of some brilliant football which finished with Skii beating his man and taking the ball to the byline and cutting it back for Jessie Pryce to finish in a open net for a well deserved goal after being brought on for Clerky who played out of his skin and ran Wallsend's defense across the park. Wallsend then got a 2nd goal from a penalty (I didn't see what happened so I can't comment on it) late in the game which made the score line more respectable for Wallsend. 4-2 at the end of the game which was a great spectacle to watch big game next weekend at Nelson Bay for Suburb with the Bay looking to get some revenge on home turf after a first round defeat.

I've been corrected our 4th was actually finished by big Sammy to bag a brace, who is fast approaching 100 club goals on 98 goals 92 of which are 1st grade not a bad effort from someone who is only 23 in his 6th season at Garden Suburb.

Windy
29-07-2013, 06:38 PM
From what I've heard/seen from the Mo-town lads back home (maybe Nave can confirm it for us):

Mo-town Vs Bero

Yes that is the correct score Bon

gny
29-07-2013, 06:39 PM
Lumberjack has 59 in 32 😉

Premy
29-07-2013, 06:55 PM
Lumberjack has 59 in 32 ��

Almost 2 goals per game pretty good conversion rate the bloke sure can hit a ball. How old is Lez? What club/clubs has he played at previously?

Given Sammy's age one could only imagine how many more he'll go on to get. No doubt that Lez is a good striker but I would still pick Sammy in my team blokes a freak when his on fire and after starting the season pretty quite his starting to find some form right at the business end of the season.

Drunken ranger
29-07-2013, 06:56 PM
Lumberjacks up

gny
29-07-2013, 07:24 PM
Lezleys only 24 we have our own opinion on who'd we pick in our team haha, which is fair enough, played in England trialed for Southampton didn't go any further, played in manly and Adamstown for like half a year,

gny
29-07-2013, 07:33 PM
Turned down jets youth and played nswis for 18 months lol, that's it

ManU Football
29-07-2013, 07:58 PM
Suburbs v Wallsend
The first half showed why both of these teams are near the top of the ladder, hard fought contest. First goal was some what deserved for Suburbs and wallsends equalizer was a special individual effort! Second half, you could tell the suburbs boys wanted it more, pretty much winning everything in the air and creating more chances. Some well taken goals. Could of been a bigger score line in the end. Will be interesting to see if wallsend can come back from this. Still in the winning position for the premiership but if suburbs manage to not drop any points then it could be theres! Big games for a lot of teams this w.e!

ManU Football
29-07-2013, 08:08 PM
Also no wonder Wallsend are going good.. reading a couple of names in their squad, Owen Mostyn and Luke Alexander. How did they get them? both gun players who i have watched in NBN many times. Was reading about the idea of an all stars game against other divisions, i have no doubt from the few games i have watched in this division that a strong team could be built. Hope it happens.

RANGER09
29-07-2013, 11:14 PM
Lumberjacks up

Are you propped up at the bar again Drunken :pissup:

Drunken ranger
29-07-2013, 11:16 PM
Maybe had a few down our sponsor the arvo

Nave
30-07-2013, 12:34 PM

Mo-town Vs Bero

Sorry mate, yes those were the scores, i actually missed the games as i was at Splendour in the Grass all weekend, awesome effort by the boys though and we are now on the way to overcoming relegation with the most important match of our season tonight at Belmont, lets go reds

Stephen McTowelie
30-07-2013, 12:50 PM
Still havent heard if the 0-7 scoreline from Kotara v Kahibah was correct

King Kenny
30-07-2013, 12:54 PM
Any word on the Morissett v Suburb catch up game ??
Surely this could have been sorted by now , it is getting past the point of being ridiculous . This affects Suburb big time and should not be allowed to go on any longer .

Fridge
30-07-2013, 01:10 PM
Any word on the Morissett v Suburb catch up game ??
Surely this could have been sorted by now , it is getting past the point of being ridiculous . This affects Suburb big time and should not be allowed to go on any longer .

Hoping to have sorted by end of this week. Possible for spare weekend. We also have Kahibah @ Kahibah penciled in for 13th & 14th August. This has not been confirmed yet. :banghead:

gny
30-07-2013, 01:30 PM
Thought catch ups were supposed to be played within the week or 2?

shark attack
30-07-2013, 01:32 PM

speaking to mate who has been involved with kahibah for many years and was at the game ( cant confirm the score ) but he left with the score 6.0 to kahibah , was 4.0 at half time to kahibah.

hawk
30-07-2013, 02:40 PM
tigers:blush:

KSSFC
30-07-2013, 04:03 PM

Can confirm Kahibah beat Kotara 7-0 in first grade. Nothing more to say than Kotara were pathetic. Catch up against Bero tonight for 3rds / ressies, thursday night for first grade.

Hiratio_Hufnagel
30-07-2013, 04:47 PM
Can confirm Kahibah beat Kotara 7-0 in first grade. Nothing more to say than Kotara were pathetic. Catch up against Bero tonight for 3rds / ressies, thursday night for first grade.

Would have to be the upspet of the season followed by the terrace draw against Motown.
hopefully the t.w.a.t.s @ Sporting Pulse can update the ladder

Playitonthedeck
30-07-2013, 09:57 PM
Also no wonder Wallsend are going good.. reading a couple of names in their squad, Owen Mostyn and Luke Alexander. How did they get them? both gun players who i have watched in NBN many times. Was reading about the idea of an all stars game against other divisions, i have no doubt from the few games i have watched in this division that a strong team could be built. Hope it happens.
Luke been at club few years now and mates with a lot of the quality players walls end have now led to believe this is how they got them

Nave
31-07-2013, 10:36 AM
Belmont v Motown

Res 0-2
Firsts 3-1

Ressies in my opinion was all Motown, who also had a goal disallowed, can only recall one real chance for belmont with a one on one being kicked straight at the keeper. Morry could have put more away but will take the much needed win

Firsts was for the best part a well contested game, rain played a big part just before half time and made the pitch quite slippery. Touch Judge was way in over his head turning over a decision for a Motown penalty somehow after the Ref had pointed to the spot more or less and failed to call the keeper being outside of the box when hadling the ball when several on field players pointed it out and the keeper himself pretty much gave up. There isnt much between the two sides in my opinion, belmonts quick bloke up front only real threat, the return leg will now be possibly be the most must win game of most of our playing lives

King Kenny
01-08-2013, 12:13 PM
Sporting pulse has 7-0 to Kahibah

I see sporting pulse still has the reserve grade score wrong for Suburb v Belmont , it was 3-nil not 3-2 . I was there watching a friend play, as this been sorted ...................

Premy
01-08-2013, 01:05 PM
I see sporting pulse still has the reserve grade score wrong for Suburb v Belmont , it was 3-nil not 3-2 . I was there watching a friend play, as this been sorted ...................

The Nelson Bay V Suns result has not been put up either

Hiratio_Hufnagel
01-08-2013, 02:20 PM
they got nelson bay vs morisset wrong it was 6-0 to nelson bay not 5-0 in 1st Grade

Happy
01-08-2013, 11:09 PM
1st grade Kotara 4 bero 0
tight for an hour then bero lost it Tigers had several chances but could not convert until a brilliantly taken free kick opened the flood gates. Bero keeper had a very good game to keep them in it.

KSSFC
02-08-2013, 09:38 AM
Kotara vs Bero Catch Up
1st 4 - 0
Res 0 - 2
3rd 4 - 1

Hiratio_Hufnagel
02-08-2013, 03:07 PM
Will the Suburbs lads be on their annual bus trip tmrw? They always add atmosphere to the supporters side

Fridge
02-08-2013, 04:25 PM
Will the Suburbs lads be on their annual bus trip tmrw? They always add atmosphere to the supporters side

Hell yes, apparently BBQ & beers after 1st grade.:pissup:

To quote one of the comments on our facebook page "don't worry all i bought spew bags for the bus trip"

gny
02-08-2013, 07:12 PM
Sounds like an unreal day planned tomorrow for bay suburbs tomorrow, few big games again this weekend predictions?

gny
03-08-2013, 06:34 PM
Tez v wallsend
3rds 5-0 wallsend
Res 1-0 wallsend
1sts 5-2 wallsend
Another shit day for terrace no discipline or commitment,
Wallsend played well knocked the ball around well in shit condition wins blowing a gale. Good finishing both teams wallsend just to good in the end simple as that.
Thanks to the wallsend bloke who done the line in 1st grade best ref of the day,

amishpanda
03-08-2013, 06:42 PM
Full marks to the greensman gny. That pitch was close to immaculate! Best I've played on for a couple of seasons.

gny
03-08-2013, 06:43 PM
Yeah cricket look after it so we get the benefits of it all haha. Pitch had a good grass coverage too

roundballsarebetter
03-08-2013, 07:38 PM
Full marks to the greensman gny. That pitch was close to immaculate! Best I've played on for a couple of seasons.

Just goes to prove you can have a cricket pitch on a football field without it turning the field to shit. Easily the best surface in zl 1 and probally all of zone league. Couldnt even see the pitch it was so green today

gny
03-08-2013, 07:41 PM
Yeah it's good to play on that every 2nd week, still no bero tho that carpet,
Amishpanda
Also we put a clinic on today in the head lock area

Bon
03-08-2013, 09:12 PM
Nelso Vs Gardo
1st: 2-3
Res: 0-3
3rds: 2-5

Hiratio_Hufnagel
03-08-2013, 10:59 PM
Nelso Vs Gardo
1st: 2-3
Res: 0-3
3rds: 2-5
1sts report
Garden Suburb came up to Nelson Bay Road with a lively crowd, the GS tall striker opened scoring from a header off a corner around the 25th minute mark, Garden Suburb went into the half time break with control of the game leading 1-0. NB caught GS off guard after a substitution shaking the game up @ 1 a piece after 60mins but GS were having no shake up stepping up the quality of football by chipping the GK 3 mins later outside the box, Suburbs were shaking their heads after a Clear hand ball was turned away from a corner. There heads were still shaking after a lapse in defence in the 80th min let Scully slip away a low volley to the near post. The game was looking to be a stale mate with 3mins to go Suburbs made a break the dangerous attack knocked 6 passes together at speed starting from halfway smashing the ball in from 6m out driving back on the bus happy with all 9 points

Premy
04-08-2013, 01:14 AM
Bay keeper lucky to stay on the park twice. Other than that hiratio some it up pretty well !!!

gny
04-08-2013, 01:16 AM
You just can't go to sleep when the big man scully is hanging around

Guiltykeep
04-08-2013, 02:15 AM
Wouldn't say the 2nd goal for bay was a good volley.. I stuffed up massively still kicking myself for it

RANGER09
04-08-2013, 01:54 PM
1sts report
Garden Suburb came up to Nelson Bay Road with a lively crowd, the GS tall striker opened scoring from a header off a corner around the 25th minute mark, Garden Suburb went into the half time break with control of the game leading 1-0. NB caught GS off guard after a substitution shaking the game up @ 1 a piece after 60mins but GS were having no shake up stepping up the quality of football by chipping the GK 3 mins later outside the box, Suburbs were shaking their heads after a Clear hand ball was turned away from a corner. There heads were still shaking after a lapse in defence in the 80th min let Scully slip away a low volley to the near post. The game was looking to be a stale mate with 3mins to go Suburbs made a break the dangerous attack knocked 6 passes together at speed starting from halfway smashing the ball in from 6m out driving back on the bus happy with all 9 points

Sound like you guys gave it a red hot go at getting the points, unlucky to miss out on a point, wish we had your referee yesterday :sigh:

amishpanda
04-08-2013, 04:06 PM
Yeah it's good to play on that every 2nd week, still no bero tho that carpet,
Amishpanda
Also we put a clinic on today in the head lock area

Is that a joke, or serious, about berros pitch? We play there this weekend, another point to look forward to, if it's better than yours!

Our ressies striker gave us a few choices moves on how to counter a bloke trying to throw you down and land a few on you: play dead. Haha.

gny
04-08-2013, 04:24 PM
Haha it's the worst lol, kotaras field is better only cause its marginally bigger lol,
Was a good headlock lol, how come that kosch fella played reserve grade?

Ninja
04-08-2013, 05:12 PM
how come that kosch fella played reserve grade?

This ^

He played ressies against us in the 2nd round too.
1st round he killed us.

King Kenny
04-08-2013, 05:46 PM
Terrace showed very poor discipline yet again , Wallsend deserving the win as they played the better football . To many Terrace player arguing amongst themselves !!!

Premy
04-08-2013, 05:51 PM
Kahibah v Suns
2-1

Suns finished with 10 men all but seal the top 4 IMO

gny
04-08-2013, 06:46 PM
Kosch is a quality player I was surprised to see him in reserve grade, but that's what I'm guessing great depth is like to have? Haha
We argue a lot cause were playing shit and its not happening for us which is football, not training doesn't help the cause either haha

Stevieg
04-08-2013, 07:18 PM
Kosch is a quality player I was surprised to see him in reserve grade, but that's what I'm guessing great depth is like to have? Haha
We argue a lot cause were playing shit and its not happening for us which is football, not training doesn't help the cause either haha
Koshy just got back from being overseas for 5 weeks last Friday and played at suburbs , won't take him long to fire up again , quality striker , All teams argue when things ain't clicking , credit to terrace on and off the field , great club and a good bunch of blokes , With all the hype on lez the lumberjack in the 1st round we contained him to a certain degree then , but yesterday he showed what a good talent he is ,

gny
04-08-2013, 07:43 PM
Yeah I've watched wallsend before 1st round he was the one I told the boys to target,
Thanks for the wrap we don't get many of them at the terrace lol. Koschie be hitting form again semi final time brilliant, hope he struggles tho lol. Yes I'd much rather play with lez than against to many 2 footed players like him, or a dead ball specialist like him

gny
04-08-2013, 07:44 PM
There isn't many 2 footed players like him

KSSFC
04-08-2013, 07:48 PM
Kotara vs morisset
3rds 1-0
Res 2-1
1st 8-0

gny
04-08-2013, 07:54 PM
Semis are still not decided.

Hiratio_Hufnagel
04-08-2013, 09:31 PM
what was the score in ressies for kahibah v suns?

C'mon man
04-08-2013, 10:06 PM
suns won 2-1 in ressies

looks like suns and bay will fight it out for that last spot

1st grade it is very interesting who will make up the final 4..... kotara need to keep winning, terrace look like they are struggling a bit, suns are still in the mix... who knows??
Massive game next week between us and the suns

amishpanda
05-08-2013, 08:51 AM
Haha it's the worst lol, kotaras field is better only cause its marginally bigger lol,
Was a good headlock lol, how come that kosch fella played reserve grade?

F***.

Premy
05-08-2013, 01:07 PM
Beresfield V Belmont?

rijid
05-08-2013, 01:42 PM
Thirds Belmont 3 - 3 bero
Reserves 1-1
Firsts 4-3

Titan
05-08-2013, 02:33 PM
Bero vs Belmont

1st - 4-3 Belmont.
Good game, wind played its part. Belmont were better majority of the game, we missed a few chances when we were 4-1 up and cruising then let 2 slip quick. As per usuall bero had a man sent off for 2 yellow cards for violent crap. unforntately a portion of the bero team are thugs that seem more interested in argueing and off the ball grub shots than playing weekend soccer. There are a few good players in the team , but they lose direction cause of this violent mindset the teamhave developed.

Anyway, that's 2 in a row for the titans with us playing moriset this weekend to determine wooden spoon.

Finals will be a good spectacle...tipping gardo v wallsend final = it'll be a cracker :)

Drunken ranger
05-08-2013, 06:41 PM
Mmmm did bero's dirty players step out again

Premy
05-08-2013, 07:11 PM
Huge weekend coming up

Port Stephens derby- massive game between two rivals with the victor all but assuring finals football.
Suns V Kotara- with both teams not being able to lose all will be on the line in a must win game.
Morisset V Belmont- Belmont can assure their place in ZL1 next year with a win and Morisset will be fighting for their life.
Suburb V Kahibah- Kahibah hitting some form could do a upset on Suburb who will be looking to keep the pressure on Wallsend.
Beresfield V Wallsend- with a very vocal crowd behind them Beresfield will be looking to disrupt the leaders anyway they can.

Drunken ranger
05-08-2013, 07:21 PM
I reckon bero v wallsend will be a game of many cards and marred by bad play

amishpanda
05-08-2013, 08:34 PM
headlocks all 'round!

RANGER09
05-08-2013, 08:39 PM
Hiratio and Nelson bay road, game is def on Sunday, tried for Sat but powers to be decided to leave it as per the draw. See ya's all then. Should be a cracking day!

gny
05-08-2013, 08:55 PM
Hey Amish want me to send our headlocker down to your training just so you lads can get some practise? Haha

RANGER09
05-08-2013, 10:07 PM
Terrace showed very poor discipline yet again , Wallsend deserving the win as they played the better football . To many Terrace player arguing amongst themselves !!!

Let's hope we can concentrate on just playing the next two games and finish the season with a finals appearance. From there spirits lift and anything can happen. Early season form showed we can get results. Go Terrace!

RANGER09
05-08-2013, 10:43 PM
Table for second half of our season results so far
Points. F A. GD
Suburbs 15. 23. 12. 11
Wallsend. 15. 21. 11. 10
Kahibah. 14. 23. 13. 10
Kotara. 13. 23. 12. 11
Suns. 12. 14. 10. 4
Bay. 11. 15. 8. 7
Terrace. 5. 18. 26. -8
Bero. 4. 11. 25. -14
Belmont. 4. 13. 25. -12
Morriset. 4. 8. 27. -14

Suburbs with 2games in hand against Kahibah and Morriset

Premy
05-08-2013, 11:44 PM
Table for second half of our season results so far
Points. F A. GD
Suburbs 15. 23. 12. 11
Wallsend. 15. 21. 11. 10
Kahibah. 14. 23. 13. 10
Kotara. 13. 23. 12. 11
Suns. 12. 14. 10. 4
Bay. 11. 15. 8. 7
Terrace. 5. 18. 26. -8
Bero. 4. 11. 25. -14
Belmont. 4. 13. 25. -12
Morriset. 4. 8. 27. -14

Suburbs with 2games in hand against Kahibah and Morriset

The Kahibah game in hand is from the 1st round.

Premy
05-08-2013, 11:47 PM
Also goes to show Kahibah will be tuff opposition this weekend and the following Wednesday

amishpanda
06-08-2013, 08:26 AM
Hey Amish want me to send our headlocker down to your training just so you lads can get some practise? Haha

We're going to need it, I'm thinking!

How's Bobby holding up?

Nelson Bay Road
06-08-2013, 09:35 AM
Hiratio and Nelson bay road, game is def on Sunday, tried for Sat but powers to be decided to leave it as per the draw. See ya's all then. Should be a cracking day!

Thanks for that... we will see you then!

gny
06-08-2013, 09:16 PM
Yeah bobbys ok he's been for a run on it well see on Thursday at training how he really is, hopefully right for the bay huge game for us and bay

Drunken ranger
07-08-2013, 10:03 AM
Mmmm big news out of kahibah today

Premy
07-08-2013, 10:11 AM
Mmmm big news out of kahibah today

???
Care to elaborate drunken

Inside left
07-08-2013, 10:23 AM
In today's paper they have said that Kahibah have announced Chris Turner (from Lake Macquarie) as head coach, Clint Gosling as a coach and Andre Gumprecht as a weekday trainer for 2014.

Premy
07-08-2013, 11:48 AM
Does that mean gumprecht will be playing for them?

Drunken ranger
07-08-2013, 01:29 PM
Sounds like some changes are happen wonder where Mick will go and player movements in and out of there

amishpanda
07-08-2013, 01:53 PM
Sounds like some changes are happen wonder where Mick will go and player movements in and out of there

Chris Turner always brings players to a club - and funding required to bolster the ranks with quality players that would always expect monetary re-imbursment. Expect a new big player in the league next season.

Andre only ceased playing for Lakes due to coaching commitments and (I believe) the fact that he couldnt match the youngsters speed and recovery periods. If Gumps no longer has those coaching commitments, expect him to play definately...and be afraid, haha. Where it would be hard to play in the state league without training week-in week-out, he has a far greater luxury in ZL's to have the entire week off and only play on the weekends.

seldom
07-08-2013, 02:02 PM
They must have some coin

amishpanda
07-08-2013, 02:08 PM
They must have some coin

CT's mates have coin.

Nou Camp
08-08-2013, 01:11 PM
Chris Turner always brings players to a club - and funding required to bolster the ranks with quality players that would always expect monetary re-imbursment. Expect a new big player in the league next season.

Andre only ceased playing for Lakes due to coaching commitments and (I believe) the fact that he couldnt match the youngsters speed and recovery periods. If Gumps no longer has those coaching commitments, expect him to play definately...and be afraid, haha. Where it would be hard to play in the state league without training week-in week-out, he has a far greater luxury in ZL's to have the entire week off and only play on the weekends.

he was apparently suppose to come play with us this year along with the other players that coach emerging jets teams but didnt get the coaching job he was after with so it fell through

Premy
09-08-2013, 11:18 AM
Terrace V Bay - Draw
Suns V Kotara - Kotara
Beresfield V Wallsend - Wallsend
Belmont V Morisset - Belmont

Drunken ranger
09-08-2013, 01:21 PM
What day is wallsend v bero on ???

Dobbo
09-08-2013, 01:23 PM
What day is wallsend v bero on ???

Sunday, with an hour delay

boz-monaut
09-08-2013, 04:29 PM
Grand Final will be hosted at:

League One – Saturday 14th September 2013.

Arthur Edden Oval – New Lambton

C'mon man
10-08-2013, 06:51 PM
Suns V Kotara
3rds
Suns forfeit
Res
Kotara 2-1
1st
3-3

Heartbreak for the tigers after goin into halftime 1-0 down, we went up 3-1 then the suns scored to make it 3-2 and then virtually the last play of the game the suns scored a header off a corner.
Season may now be over for both teams which I think some sides in the top four will be relieved if the tigers don't make it
next game against Suburbs is massive, pressure is still on Bay and Terrace

gny
10-08-2013, 06:58 PM
Mate I play for terrace and top 4 is not made!

C'mon man
10-08-2013, 07:04 PM
it certainly isn't.... your game tomoz is a big one

the three points would have been nice for us today though

gny
10-08-2013, 07:18 PM
If there was a result we hoping for it was a draw it rules suns out and just leaves you and use have gardo who are fighting for minor premiership,
But all that aside we have a big derby tomorrow last time 0-0
In the rain at the bay we don't want lose this week and go to an inform kahibah next week on there old boys day

King Kenny
10-08-2013, 08:30 PM
Up three one i thought Kotara had the points in the bag , credit Suns for getting back in it .

Drunken ranger
11-08-2013, 06:51 PM
Good day at king park in the battle of port stephens 2-2 3rds 0-3 ressies 1-1 in firsts

Eleganceisirrelevant
11-08-2013, 07:08 PM
Any idea on suburbs result?!?

amishpanda
11-08-2013, 07:11 PM
Was all red today at Pasedena. Wallsend got up in all three grades.

gny
11-08-2013, 07:17 PM
Terrace v bay
3rds 2-2
Res 3-0 bay
1sts 1-1
Good hard game 1st half bay led 1-0 good lead up play, bay missed a penalty saved by keeper, penalty was as soft as anything, terrace hit post and let our selves down with the final pass,
2nd half terrace pretty much had the better of play had all the chances just not clinical enough goal came from a volley which was deflected in with about 25 to go bay looked happy to sit back after that and try counter attacking play didn't work, terrace should of got the 3 points,

Playitonthedeck
11-08-2013, 07:29 PM
Was all red today at Pasedena. Wallsend got up in all three grades.
Any one have scores from the game?

Premy
11-08-2013, 07:32 PM
Any idea on suburb(no s fixed) result?!?

1st 3-0 suburb

C'mon man
11-08-2013, 07:40 PM
How about the knobhead for Kahibah ressies sent off for a punching that bloke in the head.....????
the two then went toe-to-toe after the game........not sure if he got the revenge he wanted

gny
11-08-2013, 07:42 PM
Really? Just punched old mate? Any reason?

C'mon man
11-08-2013, 08:01 PM
no reason from what I could see just lashed out! it was just dumb and no need

gny
11-08-2013, 08:02 PM
Wow and they actually went toe to toe after it, unreal

Fridge
11-08-2013, 08:03 PM
Suburb v Kahibah
3rds 0-2
Res 4-0
1st 3-0

C'mon man
11-08-2013, 08:09 PM
no comment on the bust-up fridge.....

Gary
11-08-2013, 08:15 PM
Wallsend v bero
3rds:2-0
Res:3-0
1sts:5-0

Bero put on a ripper of a day for their old boys,well done bero!

What was the result of the parking lot dust up?burbs or kahibah get up?

Ninja
11-08-2013, 08:51 PM
What was the result of the parking lot dust up?burbs or kahibah get up?
*que inspirational speech music, string quartet yo*

Neither team. Neither team won.

Fridge
11-08-2013, 09:15 PM
no comment on the bust-up fridge.....
It's done and dusted.

RANGER09
11-08-2013, 09:35 PM
Any of the Bay boys have a stop watch on the second half today? Really felt like the game was cut short of time

King Kenny
11-08-2013, 09:47 PM
I am not connected to either club but the Kahibah player should get at least 6 weeks for the king hit from behind . No wonder the Suburb boy wanted revenge , not that he should have gone after him . That same Kahibah player was throwing elbows and late tackles before the disgraceful king hit punch . Maybe had the referee acted earlier that incident would not have come about ,absolutely disgraceful from that Kahibah player and he should be dealt with appropriately .

Hiratio_Hufnagel
11-08-2013, 10:33 PM
Any of the Bay boys have a stop watch on the second half today? Really felt like the game was cut short of time

one of the linesman forgot to start his watch when the 2nd half commenced at the bench side, when we asked him he said he forgot to start it about 10 mins in so we could make our 1st sub. i believe they forgot & were just guessing. It could of been due to the mix up of the Terrace GK still getting back to his position after the referee blowing his whistle to kick off not realising the terrace GK was not ready

RANGER09
11-08-2013, 10:42 PM
one of the linesman forgot to start his watch when the 2nd half commenced at the bench side, when we asked him he said he forgot to start it about 10 mins in so we could make our 1st sub. i believe they forgot & were just guessing. It could of been due to the mix up of the Terrace GK still getting back to his position after the referee blowing his whistle to kick off not realising the terrace GK was not ready

It was a bit of a comical start to the second half, lucky for us your guys didn't see and have a shot from the kickoff! One would hope he realised his mistake if that happened. The referee Must have forgot his happy pills today

Hiratio_Hufnagel
12-08-2013, 01:35 AM
It was a bit of a comical start to the second half, lucky for us your guys didn't see and have a shot from the kickoff! One would hope he realised his mistake if that happened. The referee Must have forgot his happy pills today

i dont think any of our team realised, we were told after the game by a team mate who didnt play today on the sideline of the gk situation and of the potential blow up that would have occured if a shot was attempted

Drunken ranger
12-08-2013, 10:19 AM
The league 1 MMA team is shaping up well with the terrace headlocker and kahibah boxer the team might be in for a title soon lol

roundballsarebetter
12-08-2013, 10:22 AM
My take on 1st grade at the terrace yesterday. Firstly I watched raymond terrace play wallsend the week before and the level of play that was showed yesterday was a 100 percent improvement from that match. The bay should count themselves very lucky to get a point out of that as I think they only really had a 15 to 20 min dominant period midway through the 1st half. 2nd half was all raymond terrace and they should of had 2-3 more goals but poor finishing cost them. Lez wallace was neally unstoppable yesterday with the bay trying 3 or 4 different defenders to shut him down to no avail. In my opinion from what I have seen , the level of play from wallsend and Burbs are a little above these to teams , but should the terace make the finals , I belive they will be a true danger to play especially since the home and away system gets them a finals game at home on their big park ( suiting lez and bob). The bay still have alot of improvement to push the top 2 especially going forward, but do deserve to be there at the pointy end.

On a side not the res keeper for the terrace surely has to be close playing 1sts. He was the only reason that the lower grades were even close ( also has a blinder against wallsends res the week before) and It has been a long time since Ive seen perfomances like that from a gk in the lower grades.

gny
12-08-2013, 10:33 AM
Me being 1sts keeper for terrace it's great having competition like that really gets you on your game, knowing he could walk into most clubs and get a starting 1st grade spot quite easy

Drunken ranger
12-08-2013, 01:17 PM
He's a good keeper and has keep reserve grade in a lot of games I think we lucky to pick him up when we did he's was first grade at jesmond last couple of years

Nave
12-08-2013, 02:13 PM
Motown v Belmont

Thirds 2-3
Ressies 4-1
Firsts 2-3

Ressies played awesome from what i saw yesty keeing their hopes of a finals charge alive with plenty to play for this weekend with the Gardo catchup games, Credit to the belmont player who had a nasty clash with one of our boys who lost a tooth, came back on the field with a massive gash on his head bandaged up like frankenstein

Firsts was quite demoralising for our boys, we started like a house on fire going up 2-0 early and should have been plenty more, but we just fell away and belmont scored 3 pretty scrappy goals that should have been dealt with. Only pride to play for in the remaining games this season and am pretty devestated to be relgated, i dont think we as a team deserve the moniker of the worst team as in plenty of patches this year we have shown we can hang with the big boys, just couldnt compete for 90 mins every week which is a shame

gny
12-08-2013, 02:22 PM
I herd a rumor of no promotion or relegation this year?

Bon
12-08-2013, 04:09 PM
As a member of the Kahibah club we will deal with the aforementioned player as we see fit, it will be taken into account that the garden suburbs player came in late and instigated the ordeal to which Matt reacted to.

Simply put if the suburbs player can't handle the physicality of the game hes in the wrong sport and as for what happened after the match if this is taken into account by the tribunal i will ensure that the garden suburbs player recieves the maximum punishment for instigating the fight that Matt had no interest in taking part in. There is no way that because he got his a$$ handed to him he should be exempt from any form of punishment.

If people who are not associated with either club are going to be making accusation about one side of the event you would think that their unbiased point of view could see the wrong done on both sides.

Thanks for joining the forum just so you could add your logical, mature, sensible thoughts..
Keep up the good fishing..

Stevieg
12-08-2013, 04:11 PM
Can't see it being a problem Wallsend/burbs meet all the criteria to go up , Warners bay haven't won a game and should fairly be demoted , can only see it being a issue moving to NEWFM where the criteria is under northern, lets see if singleton go down if uni/cookers don't or can meet criteria ,

Inside left
12-08-2013, 04:18 PM
Can't see it being a problem Wallsend/burbs meet all the criteria to go up , Warners bay haven't won a game and should fairly be demoted , can only see it being a issue moving to NEWFM where the criteria is under northern, lets see if singleton go down if uni/cookers don't or can meet criteria ,

I agree - it would be very unfair if Wallsend finish first this year and don't get to go up, and Warners Bay stay up over them...

Green Eggs
12-08-2013, 04:23 PM
I agree - it would be very unfair if Wallsend finish first this year and don't get to go up, and Warners Bay stay up over them...

I do like Wallsend's ground better than Warners Bay, Have you ever tried fitting more than one team in those dressing sheds?

gny
12-08-2013, 04:26 PM
They fit 7 easy

Nave
12-08-2013, 05:26 PM

Well fingers crossed for our sake thats the case, we would love another chance to prove ourselves, some recruiting will be needed in the off season, we have gone through a horrible two years as a club, after a strong squad helped us to get up to where we were last season but the walkout that ensued left the club in disarray. The mighty reds will be back!!

Green Eggs
12-08-2013, 05:30 PM
Well fingers crossed for our sake thats the case, we would love another chance to prove ourselves, some recruiting will be needed in the off season, we have gone through a horrible two years as a club, after a strong squad helped us to get up to where we were last season but the walkout that ensued left the club in disarray. The mighty reds will be back!!

And you're the only club that has all you can eat Chinese nearby.

Nave
12-08-2013, 06:03 PM
And you're the only club that has all you can eat Chinese nearby.

Hopefully thats a requirement for next year to play in Zone League 1 :)

true waterboy
12-08-2013, 06:04 PM
speaking of the big issues where abouts is this all you can eat?

King Kenny
12-08-2013, 06:54 PM
I did not see the incident afterwards as to what happened with both players , yes if the Suburb boy did that he should be dealt with also . As i said i have no connections to either side but you are missing the point of a king hit . We do not need that at any level , lets hope some common sense can be used and this is dealt with by both clubs. If your taking into account a player coming in late justifies a king hit from behind then you need to have a look at yourself as well.
I was not making any accusation either way i was commenting on the on field incident that i saw and yes my unbiased point of view is that the Kahibah player over reacted and king hit the other player. If both players carried on afterwards yes they should both be held responsible.

Bon
12-08-2013, 08:48 PM
speaking of the big issues where abouts is this all you can eat?

I think he means the Chinese restaurant in the Dozza Workers Club?? (Correct me if I'm wrong)..

Nave
13-08-2013, 01:29 AM
I think he means the Chinese restaurant in the Dozza Workers Club?? (Correct me if I'm wrong)..

Thats the one, nothing like a few beers and some Chinese at the Dora Creek Workers Club

Green Eggs
13-08-2013, 10:53 AM
Thats the one, nothing like a few beers and some Chinese at the Dora Creek Workers Club

The down side to playing reserve grade is that you miss the lunch buffet i was devastated when i found out all the 3rd grade boys were of cowing down while we were slogging it out in ressies.

Premy
14-08-2013, 11:30 PM
Tonight's result from Kahibah
Kahibah v Suburb
1st- 0-7
Res- 0-4

Tuesday night
3rds- 2-2

amishpanda
15-08-2013, 12:01 PM
Couple of nerve-wracking weeks for some teams!
Namely Burb, Terrace, Kotara and Wallsend.

What would you put the odds at, for Terrace to lose to Kahibah, Kotara to beat Burb and sneak into the semi finals?

Beppe
15-08-2013, 12:11 PM

What would you put the odds at, for Terrace to lose to Kahibah, Kotara to beat Burb and sneak into the semi finals?

Seeing how Kahibah just got destroyed by Suburbs, and a win gaurantees a finals spot for terrace, i can see Terrace putting another 5+ past Kahibah. And if Kahibah do some how pull of an upset like they did against Kotara, Kotara still have to beat a Suburbs team in red hot form. Don't see it happening and my odds of it happening are 1000/1.

Premy
15-08-2013, 12:21 PM

Could very well happen that way Kotara are probably our biggest bogey team in what's a little bit of a local derby, Kahibah have got a few upsets but from what I've seen of them Terrace should be to strong for them.

From our perspective but were not looking past this weekends game against Morriset, hopefully get the win a keep the pressure on your boys.

gny
15-08-2013, 02:15 PM
If we can get a full team we will be ok lol,
Kahibahs old boys day as well so they will be having a real crack

Ninja
15-08-2013, 06:44 PM

You forgot about your game against Belmont ;)
Don't worry about us :sparring:

gny
15-08-2013, 10:14 PM
Hahahahahahaha ninja

amishpanda
17-08-2013, 09:26 AM
You forgot about your game against Belmont ;)
Don't worry about us :sparring:

Haha. You'll note that Wallsend was on the list. Belmont are playing for pride, hence nerves should not be an issue for them on the day.
The boys wearing red will be another matter, though.

Ninja
18-08-2013, 01:32 AM
Haha. You'll note that Wallsend was on the list. Belmont are playing for pride, hence nerves should not be an issue for them on the day.
The boys wearing red will be another matter, though.

That's better ;)

Best get your boys down to Dora creek tomorrow, last chance to put us off before EoS

Premy
18-08-2013, 06:09 PM
Morisset V Suburb
1st- 0-3
Res- 1-1
3rd- 0-3

gny
18-08-2013, 06:13 PM
Was the 3-0 easy win?

Premy
18-08-2013, 06:45 PM
Was the 3-0 easy win?

A few we're rested but Morisset kept coming, it would be a real shame for them to be relagated a few good young players in their reserve grade who are unlucky to not be playing 1st grade or semi finals football.

C'mon man
18-08-2013, 06:56 PM
I agree morri ressies weren't a bad side this year and were hard to break down..... I hope they don't get relegated too cos I don't want to play at Muswellbrook next year