PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Zone League 1 Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

boz-monaut
14-11-2012, 10:27 AM
2013 Zone League 1 Thread

supa
26-11-2012, 10:18 AM
BERESFIELD UNITED WILL BE HOLDING PRE-SEASON TRAINING ON WEDNESDAY THE 5TH DECEMBER STARTING AT 6PM SHARP DOWN AT PASEDENA.
All returning players from 2012 and new players interested in joining the club are encouraged to attend, enquiries to Dan Adams 0488 550 461.

Dobbo
29-11-2012, 12:03 PM
Wallsend Football Club, Zone League one trials for 2013

Wallsend FC would like to invite any new and existing players interested in playing for Wallsend FC in the 2013 season to join us at 'The Gardens' on Sunday 2nd of December at 10am. Come down and have a kick and meet the coaches.

Fridge
29-11-2012, 01:00 PM
Garden Suburb FC Zone League one training/trials 2013
Training will commence for all existing & new players to start Tuesday 4th December 6.30pm & continue every Tuesday thru till 18th December returning every Tuesday & Thursday 6.30pm from 15th January 2013. New players are encouraged to attend and come and join a great bunch of blokes and 2012 ZL1 1st grade grand final winners. For any further info please contact Damien via email gardensuburbfc@macquariefootball.net.au or phone 0411 112 272

supa
05-12-2012, 01:30 PM
BERESFIELD UNITED ZONE LEAGUE ONE START PRE-SEASON TONIGHT 6PM PASEDENA
All players from 2012 season and any others interested in joining our club very welcome to attend.
Any enquiries to dan adams 0488550461

demon
06-12-2012, 11:33 AM
Did any club maintain its coaches from last season?

There seem to have been quite a few Herald Ads, postings and comments made around football places these last months about ZPL and ZL1 that it seems nearly all clubs lost a least one of there coaches at the end of the season.

Even at this relatively late stage we have Barnsley advertising for a club coach & Nelson Bay a 1st Grade coach. In the post season we had New Lambton & Kotara advertsing. At the end of the season proper Merewether's coach said he was standing down from coaching next season. Plattsty have announced a new 1st Grade coach, Charlestown Blues (In League 2), Cooks Hill opened up all three coaching roles for applicants, Wallsend advertised their lower grades, Swansea noted they have new coaching staff for 2013 and that doesn't include the ones I have missed.

Does it seem a high turnover this off season, especially when some of those clubs/teams had successful seasons under their 2012 coaches?

Has anyone managed to retain their full 2012 coaching staff?

Bon
06-12-2012, 11:48 AM

Gardo has..

pv4
06-12-2012, 12:01 PM
westlakes (zl2, will be zl1 after this upcoming season) have kept the same coaching staff

roundballsarebetter
06-12-2012, 03:10 PM
westlakes (zl2, will be zl1 after this upcoming season) have kept the same coaching staff

Why after this coming season ?

pv4
06-12-2012, 06:50 PM
Why after this coming season ?

because I'm a gambling man, watched no one outplay the wildcats last season & the squad is greatly strengthening for next season

Swanky
06-12-2012, 07:22 PM

Good Luck mate not putting any pressure on your boys

Bon
07-12-2012, 08:09 AM
because I'm a gambling man, watched no one outplay the wildcats last season & the squad is greatly strengthening for next season

Don't bring all of your attitude and bias in to this thread.. Keep it for all the shit-fighting that was going on in the ZL2 thread last season.. hahaha

leftrightout
07-12-2012, 09:41 AM

There seem to have been quite a few Herald Ads, postings and comments made around football places these last months about ZPL and ZL1 that it seems nearly all clubs lost a least one of there coaches at the end of the season.

Even at this relatively late stage we have Barnsley advertising for a club coach & Nelson Bay a 1st Grade coach. In the post season we had New Lambton & Kotara advertsing. At the end of the season proper Merewether's coach said he was standing down from coaching next season. Plattsty have announced a new 1st Grade coach, Charlestown Blues (In League 2), Cooks Hill opened up all three coaching roles for applicants, Wallsend advertised their lower grades, Swansea noted they have new coaching staff for 2013 and that doesn't include the ones I have missed.

Does it seem a high turnover this off season, especially when some of those clubs/teams had successful seasons under their 2012 coaches?

I have heard that barnsley coach certainly didnt lose his job after their successful season, he is having a year off all together.

pagey85
07-12-2012, 12:32 PM
I have heard that barnsley coach certainly didnt lose his job after their successful season, he is having a year off all together.

correct.
not sure how the search for a new one is going tho.
has been interviews. thats all i know

Youaskedforit
07-12-2012, 01:00 PM
correct.
not sure how the search for a new one is going tho.
has been interviews. thats all i know

Heard halpo is in the picture

supa
07-12-2012, 10:01 PM

bero kept pom gabriel, second year coaching this year should be a bit smoother for him at pasedena

pagey85
10-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Heard halpo is in the picture

i dont think so. not sure if he was approached formally or not but heard he isnt interested at all
i guess his name will be thrown around when it comes to barnsley as he only lives all of 20 metres from the ground

LINGERA
10-12-2012, 03:04 PM
so any word on which barnsley players will be staying/going?
Westy coach bringing half a squad last season, will him leaving see them go?
If so barnsley will be back in ID1s no doubt come 2014.

pagey85
11-12-2012, 12:11 PM
so any word on which barnsley players will be staying/going?
Westy coach bringing half a squad last season, will him leaving see them go?
If so barnsley will be back in ID1s no doubt come 2014.

maybe one or 2 are leaving, but as far as i know we will have 95% of the same team
just going off what people have told me

LINGERA
11-12-2012, 12:29 PM
good to here, will compete well in that comp for sure. Will have to keep Ty Jones tho imo.

pagey85
11-12-2012, 01:34 PM
good to here, will compete well in that comp for sure. Will have to keep Ty Jones tho imo.

agreed. im pretty sure jones boys are sticking around
with most clubs at higher levels having their squads sorted by now, and i have been told they enjoyed being at barnsley last year and are keen to come back

Butt
11-12-2012, 08:11 PM
One or two players dont make a good squd. Barnsley have been so strong for the last 2 years due to there depth across the board. Only 1 or 2 players that come in this year with the coach was regular starters in first. Dont get me wrong, quality players that made the squd stronger and brilliant to play with. But the depth in reserve grade is what help us compete in ID1 this year

Nou Camp
13-12-2012, 12:42 PM
Suns will have a new coaching regime for 2013 with pre season training to start early in the new year in preperation for traditional pre season cup we play in at Sydney on the January long weekend

few comings and goings in relation to players

supa
17-12-2012, 01:33 PM
BERESFIELD UNITED ZONE LEAGUE ONE SQUAD
Will resume training on Tuesday 29th January at Pasedena Oval 6pm.
New players welcome - contact Dan Adams for more info 0488 550 461 d.adams@live.com.au

Irish
20-12-2012, 09:54 AM
Anybody Joined Genesis in Warners Bay ?
Andy from Kahibah FC 1st team works here as a PT and will be running sessions for anyone who is interested, until the club begins pre-season in Jan.. (They are bloody hard, good for loosing that xmas weight)
Let me know and ill pass on your details if you are interested...

RANGER09
11-01-2013, 04:40 PM
Raymond Terrace Season Launch - next Tuesday 15th Jan at Lakeside Village tavern, 6.30pm meet in beer garden for sausage sizzle, meet the coach etc, New players welcome!
Full training to resume Tuesday 22nd6.15pm.

sharky21
17-01-2013, 08:37 PM

Tenambit even after our season last year have kept our coach and added a former player to our staff who can no longer play. And after some major player movement this type of stability was much needed.

Premy
25-01-2013, 10:37 AM
Now that most clubs have started there pre-season how is everyone looking?
I'll start it off with my predictions shall I

I don't know much about the new clubs other than what I read on here last year so ill leave them out of mine

1st Suburb- strong last year and we're confident of another good year
2nd Wallsend- talented bunch of players last year many of them playing together for the first time should do better next year
3rd Kotara- strong finish to the season and if they don't get banked up with wash-outs will be right in the mix for the premiership
4th Suns- new coach but always a tough opponent
5th Bay- look like they lacked a little depth last year but they had a young squad and should improve
6th kahiba- had some good individuals that made sure they were never easy beat should be strong might surprise a few
7th Bero- pretty ordinary last year but they always showed a never give up attitude

As Barnsley showed last year with a few good additions there's not much difference between divisions so the new clubs might impress.

Good luck to everyone and all the best for a new season I'm pumped see use around

Lionel Hutz
25-01-2013, 03:53 PM
I think your predictions are pretty good premy. like you i dont know much about the new teams either and i havent heard any rumours about teams recruiting. I will make my prediction:

1) Suburbs
2) Suns
3) Kotara
4) Wallsend
5) Kahibah
6) Terrace
7) Bero
8) Belmont
9) Nelson Bay
10) Morrisett

Im pretty keen for the season to start up. Should be a pretty even comp again this year with anyone able to beat anyone on the day. Maybe we also might get an exciting finish to the season like last year!

I think wallsend could be a dark horse this year.

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
25-01-2013, 04:08 PM
Jesmond Rams FC (Zone League 2) will commence training Tue Feb 5, 6pm. First 2 weeks will be Tue only before moving to Tue/Thu for remainder of pre season and the season itself. Training will remain @ Heaton Park. We've made application to move to Jesmond Park for matches. All existing players welcome, as is any player looking for a new club. Really good bunch of blokes who get along fantastically. We have all age teams as a possibility for anyone who doesn't make the squad. Coach Mick Coates on 0412 449 333 for any questions.

supa
25-01-2013, 04:45 PM
I think your predictions are pretty good premy. like you i dont know much about the new teams either and i havent heard any rumours about teams recruiting. I will make my prediction:

1) Suburbs
2) Suns
3) Kotara
4) Wallsend
5) Kahibah
6) Terrace
7) Bero
8) Belmont
9) Nelson Bay
10) Morrisett

Im pretty keen for the season to start up. Should be a pretty even comp again this year with anyone able to beat anyone on the day. Maybe we also might get an exciting finish to the season like last year!

I think wallsend could be a dark horse this year.

going off last years results most of those are pretty accurate predictions...curious as to why you think morrisett will finish bottom after being relegated from ZPL? have they lost a lot of their squad? also i'm thinking it will be a big test for the two clubs promoted from ZL2 with the move to three grades from two. can't wait for the season to start, much less looking forward to the remainder of pre-season!

supa
25-01-2013, 04:50 PM
BERESFIELD UNITED ZONE LEAGUE ONE SQUAD
Will resume training on Tuesday 29th January at Pasedena Oval 6pm.
New players welcome - contact Dan Adams for more info 0488 550 461 d.adams@live.com.au

thephenom
29-01-2013, 11:39 AM
pretty sure the boys from up at muswellbrook beat them 3-0....

LINGERA
29-01-2013, 03:45 PM
I watched morriset get toweled up by cardif last year about 11-0, they were complete rubbish so will have to improve ALOT!

I also have it on good authority that Terrace are paying some of their players. Up to $100 a game.. what a joke. They may be the dark horse this year but i still think suburbs kotara wallsend and suns will be the pick.

Lionel Hutz
29-01-2013, 04:36 PM
I watched morriset get toweled up by cardif last year about 11-0, they were complete rubbish so will have to improve ALOT!

I also have it on good authority that Terrace are paying some of their players. Up to $100 a game.. what a joke. They may be the dark horse this year but i still think suburbs kotara wallsend and suns will be the pick.

I have to agree with you on the paying players situation. From my experience of playing ID1's and ZL1 teams that pay players in lower competitions seem to all follow the same pattern of:
- pay players
- have one or 2 good seasons
- coach and/or players leave to the next team paying players more $
- team has soul ripped out of it and struggles to fill void.

Premy
29-01-2013, 05:20 PM
From what I read on here last year about Terrace if you neutralize there long ball threat and starve the strikers (who most people said are quality players) there not that much of a side and might struggle against better defenders in this league I have not seen them play but it's just what I've read.
Belmont should have some quality young players because of there link with Phoenix but will probaly have trouble with the physicality of playing agianst men just like Tanambit did
Moriset have tried to get all the old team back together not sure of there progress on that but if they do they will be a good side the few from that team that are now at Suburbs I'am fairly confident will be staying at Suburbs as they are now part of the furniture and loved by everyone.
As I said earlier but I don't know much about these 3 clubs so I won't speculate as to where they will finish on the table.

How soon are clubs starting there trail games?

Premy
29-01-2013, 05:26 PM
Trial games sorry bit dyslexic at times

sharky21
29-01-2013, 07:45 PM
Belmont should have some quality young players because of there link with Phoenix but will probaly have trouble with the physicality of playing agianst men just like Tanambit did

Being a player from tenambit first grade last season i wouldnt say we struggled with the physicality with playing against men. We held our own in the majority of games As players from opposing teams would attest to. Our major problem without going into to much detail was disharmany within the group. And having no luck as im sure every team had at some stage (we just seemed to have no luck all year lol). not that im using that as an excuse for holding up the foot of the ladder. And im sure u didnt mean it in a disrespectful way just.

shark attack
30-01-2013, 05:54 PM

good authority mmmmmmmmmmmmm , my son plays for the terrace and has done for years , i also have been involved with the terrace for many many years as a coach and player , you say $100.00 a game , my son wont play for under $200.00 a game hahahahahahaha

pv4
30-01-2013, 07:17 PM
was told no terrace players were paid last year (apart from having rego payed for them) but they were promised payments if they got promoted. this was from someone within the club

RANGER09
30-01-2013, 10:41 PM
good authority mmmmmmmmmmmmm , my son plays for the terrace and has done for years , i also have been involved with the terrace for many many years as a coach and player , you say $100.00 a game , my son wont play for under $200.00 a game hahahahahahaha

I think $201 would do the deal lol!
Rumor has it Pom was giving them ten minute massages for every goal scored and one with a special finish if they score more than 40 goals in a season ;)

But on a serious note if a club sets a budget and can afford to pay a few rego's and players than why not?
There wouldn't be many clubs out there that don't to attract and retain players whether it be to reward loyal players or to help with the level of football played.To see the interest shown by junior players last season to watch these guys in first grade - priceless .....

S.A - anymore news on the Port Stephens cup?

pv4
31-01-2013, 07:07 AM
i think it's great if clubs can afford to pay, that they do. definately should entice a few people to come over, and hence strengthen the club overall. if it's not a long-term liability, i'm all for it.

i was just posting in here what i've been told as an fyi to people.

personally i didn't rate the large majority of the terrace squad last year, but i'm hoping that they do a barnsley and walk through the id1 comp just to highlight that apart from the top 2/3 teams in newfm, there's not a huge quality gap between the lower half of newfm, zpl, zl1 & zl2 comps (and judging by games played & watched, i'm yet to see a difference in the standard of each comp tbh)

LINGERA
31-01-2013, 08:54 AM
there's not a huge quality gap between the lower half of newfm, zpl, zl1 & zl2 comps (and judging by games played & watched, i'm yet to see a difference in the standard of each comp tbh)

not sure if srs.

EH9
31-01-2013, 12:04 PM
Heard on the grapevine that Wallsend have signed a handful of Lakes 1st/23's p[layers from last season. If true it will make them very competitive this season.

Youaskedforit
31-01-2013, 01:39 PM
Heard on the grapevine that Wallsend have signed a handful of Lakes 1st/23's p[layers from last season. If true it will make them very competitive this season.

Offered them free rego and payments i think

hawk
31-01-2013, 01:54 PM
there's not a huge quality gap between the lower half of newfm, zpl, zl1 & zl2 comps (and judging by games played & watched, i'm yet to see a difference in the standard of each comp tbh)

ZL2 are a bit off ZPL. As a guide the top 3 tems of each comp would go ok in the one above. cup games can be a good measure

shark attack
31-01-2013, 01:59 PM
I think $201 would do the deal lol!
Rumor has it Pom was giving them ten minute massages for every goal scored and one with a special finish if they score more than 40 goals in a season ;)

But on a serious note if a club sets a budget and can afford to pay a few rego's and players than why not?
There wouldn't be many clubs out there that don't to attract and retain players whether it be to reward loyal players or to help with the level of football played.To see the interest shown by junior players last season to watch these guys in first grade - priceless .....

S.A - anymore news on the Port Stephens cup?

i dont think the cup will go on this year , the bay want to put there finger in the pye and have it there way , everyone else was happy to move along , so i would say at the moment we will be looking to run it next excluding the bay. dame shame after all was organised and ready to go but thats the bay for ya , the whole idea was to save the bay , terrace and medowie long travels for trail games and once this cup is up and running and meant there would be up to 4 trail games a year without having to look for any more.

RANGER09
31-01-2013, 03:07 PM
i dont think the cup will go on this year , the bay want to put there finger in the pye and have it there way , everyone else was happy to move along , so i would say at the moment we will be looking to run it next excluding the bay. dame shame after all was organised and ready to go but thats the bay for ya , the whole idea was to save the bay , terrace and medowie long travels for trail games and once this cup is up and running and meant there would be up to 4 trail games a year without having to look for any more.

Thats a shame was a good idea fr Pre season, not sure if you heard about the tragedy for the Connelly family, maybe we could set up a memorial shied in honour of Dave? Nice bloke with a top family who have been invovled with the club for a long time.

shark attack
31-01-2013, 03:42 PM
Thats a shame was a good idea fr Pre season, not sure if you heard about the tragedy for the Connelly family, maybe we could set up a memorial shied in honour of Dave? Nice bloke with a top family who have been invovled with the club for a long time.

will do , i will talk to the boys tonight at training and get something organised , we will be having a trail with you guys and hopefully will make it year thing.

LINGERA
31-01-2013, 04:50 PM
yer wallsend will be too stronk this year. atleast 6 lakes players heading out there plus some southy boys aswell.

namwob99
31-01-2013, 04:55 PM
Trial!!

Bulldogs 1962
31-01-2013, 05:26 PM
Just got to hope all these clubs paying players can sustain it and be prepared to keep upping it as the money rolls into these lower leagues player loyalty to the clubs is leaving fast, everyone just moving to whoever pays the most!

demon
01-02-2013, 08:05 AM
Offered them free rego and payments i think

I imagine Wallsend would be running with the biggest player budget in ZL1 and possibly ZPL considering the Six a Side competition that is run there.

demon
01-02-2013, 08:09 AM

Thats an interesting call, I certainly can see the odd player in most clubs who could move up (and in some cases down) the divisions but not many whole squads. Especially not ZL1 to New FM, and its mainly a technical and tactical level that I see the biggest difference.

Premy
01-02-2013, 10:27 AM
Thats an interesting call, I certainly can see the odd player in most clubs who could move up (and in some cases down) the divisions but not many whole squads. Especially not ZL1 to New FM, and its mainly a technical and tactical level that I see the biggest difference.

The teams at the top of ZL1 give the teams at the bottom of NewFM a good run for there money i play for Suburbs and 2 years ago we got beat on penalties by Cessnock in the state cup both clubs played full strength teams

Nelson Bay Road
01-02-2013, 02:18 PM
Nelson Bay appointed Mick Moyle as first grade coach this week..
with the batch of youngsters exposed to senior footbnall last year for the first time and some experienced heads returning, things look bright on this side of the sand dunes...

De-Champ
01-02-2013, 03:13 PM
The teams at the top of ZL1 give the teams at the bottom of NewFM a good run for there money i play for Suburbs and 2 years ago we got beat on penalties by Cessnock in the state cup both clubs played full strength teams

Difficult to tell with a one off game. Even if you had beaten Cessnock in regular time, would that mean that the standard is just as good between the divisions. You will sometimes get a lower division team beating a higher division team. The main problem for the lower division team is that it may not be able to maintain the "winning streak" had it been playing in a better/higher comp.

Beeen
01-02-2013, 03:15 PM

nek minnit!

Bon
01-02-2013, 03:15 PM

Apparently you do.. Why don't you stop being a keyboard warrior and actually get to training? hahahaha.. :sparring::tongue:

Premy
03-02-2013, 09:32 PM
Apparently you do.. Why don't you stop being a keyboard warrior and actually get to training? hahahaha.. :sparring::tongue:

I thought we were friends big nob😞

RANGER09
07-02-2013, 12:17 PM
Does anyone have a link or spreadsheet for this seasons draw that is printer friendly? looking at the fixture list on the Maquarie football website it is no good for printing.
cheers!

pv4
07-02-2013, 12:34 PM
Does anyone have a link or spreadsheet for this seasons draw that is printer friendly? looking at the fixture list on the Maquarie football website it is no good for printing.
cheers!

just go to the "season fixture" tab. prints pretty easily

http://www.sportingpulse.com/team_info.cgi?c=1-8218-110119-239590-14860098&a=SFIX

or is that what you're saying you aren't printing well?

RANGER09
07-02-2013, 01:04 PM
just go to the "season fixture" tab. prints pretty easily

http://www.sportingpulse.com/team_info.cgi?c=1-8218-110119-239590-14860098&a=SFIX

or is that what you're saying you aren't printing well?

Just a bit computer illiterate at times :) thats good, thanks! how do you go about printing one with all teams / rounds?

Fridge
08-02-2013, 03:53 PM
Trial game this weekend
Suburbs play Mayfield ZPL this Sunday at Suburbs for Peter Bradshaw Cup
Games start at 12pm
Canteen open and the beers will be a flowing.

pv4
09-02-2013, 09:03 PM
Just a bit computer illiterate at times :) thats good, thanks! how do you go about printing one with all teams / rounds?

not totally sure tbh. there may be a way to do it but i haven't looked for it before.

pretty sure the clubs get an excel spreadsheet sent around though

LINGERA
11-02-2013, 09:27 AM
Does anyone know if rego fees in excess of $400 sounds a bit high?

demon
11-02-2013, 09:33 AM

From memory the FFA,Fed & Assoc fees added up to a little over $180 hen allow for club expenses such as referees, ground markings, training gers etc.

Depends what you feel your getting for the extra $220 if you feel its reasonale or not.

What seems to be happening is the old gap between higher levels and lower levels is closing ($400 is West Wallsend in New FM for example) as the lower clubs want to offer similar extras cush as training shirts, clubs shirts/bags etc.

If your playing Zone or above the $400 seems to be at the higher but not uncommon end of the scale.

RANGER09
11-02-2013, 09:58 AM

Not at all - it seems high as an upfront cost but is alot easier than having to ask players for money each week to cover ref fee's as an example.
If the cost covers ref fees, shorts, socks, lighting fees, ground hire fees, trianing equipment than is more than fair. Most clubs are only covering the cost of all this to make it easier for themselves and the players.

pagey85
11-02-2013, 12:47 PM
id come close to not playing if i was charged $400.
we pay $300 at Barnsley, thats 2 pairs of shorts, socks, club shirt, club jacket, match fees, tickets into functions. we dont need to pay for anything else as players, only booze
and thats only $20 extra to what we paid last year

Dobbo
15-02-2013, 09:06 AM
Hi all,
Wallsend FC are looking for a team to play our ZL1 third grade team this weekend on Sunday the 17th at ‘The Gardens’ with kick off at 11:30.
Sorry for the late notice, we were set to play Medowie but after recent events they are unable to make the game so we are hoping to find a replacement team.
If you are interested please pm me so we can get it sorted.
Thanks

gny
19-02-2013, 12:37 PM
Sunday 24th
Raymond Terrace vs Mayfield ZPL
3rd grade 10am
res grade 11.30am
1st grade 1pm

gny
20-02-2013, 01:45 PM
Predictions for this year?

demon
21-02-2013, 09:39 AM
Club Championship - Suburbs

1st Grade -
1- Suburbs
2- Kotara
3- Kahibah
4-Suns
5- Wallsend (IF they actually keep there trialling players 6th or 7th if not)
6- Terrace
7- Belmont
8- Nelson Bay/Bero
10- Morisset

LINGERA
21-02-2013, 11:40 AM
Club Championship - Suburbs

1st Grade -
1- Wallsend
2 - Suburbs
3- Kotara
4- Terrace

5- Suns
6-Kahibah
7- Belmont
8- Nelson Bay/Bero
10- Morisset

Premy
21-02-2013, 02:18 PM
I'm lead to believe suns are struggling for numbers quite a few blokes aren't playing due to traveling, injuries, can't be f'd ect. Also they have a new coach but I think this has nothing to do with losing these players, can anyone confirm this? Might be a tuff year for them.

Bon
21-02-2013, 02:24 PM
I'm lead to believe suns are struggling for numbers quite a few blokes aren't playing due to traveling, injuries, can't be f'd ect. Also they have a new coach but I think this has nothing to do with losing these players, can anyone confirm this? Might be a tuff year for them.

Really? I'd heard the opposite, that they had picked up a few players that had filtered down from Magic?
Have also heard other rumours about Wallsend luring some decent players with cheddar, and Raymo having an extremely quick forward line..

sharky21
21-02-2013, 02:30 PM
I wouldn't be so sure that Nelson bay and Bero will finish that low. Have heard the bay have picked up 5/6 guys who will play first and without losing to many players can only make them stronger. And after speaking to a mate of mine at Bero they appear to be stronger then last year also. So maybe a dark horse for higher honors. ( well not so dark now after me telling u all lol)

LINGERA
21-02-2013, 03:46 PM
Bon, is it true that sean clerk is playing at suburbs?

Premy
21-02-2013, 04:33 PM
Really? I'd heard the opposite, that they had picked up a few players that had filtered down from Magic?
Have also heard other rumours about Wallsend luring some decent players with cheddar, and Raymo having an extremely quick forward line..
A bloke I work with that played for them last year and isn't playing this year due to injury told me there struggling with numbers at training. I know last year towards then end of the season half there reserve grade side played 3rd grade, it may not effect there 1st grade team but I was told the bold bloke in the middle for them wasn't playing cant remember his name but his a quality player to not have

Premy
21-02-2013, 04:39 PM
Also heard the same about wallsend I thought they were a good side last year just struggled to gel. Heard they have a few former lakes players if they haven't lost anyone they should be right up there

Buddha
21-02-2013, 04:54 PM
The Bay always have a competitive team, they have a great set up of youuth down there. I'd have the bay hanging around 4th this year for sure

Sideline
21-02-2013, 09:49 PM
I wouldn't be so sure that Nelson bay and Bero will finish that low. Have heard the bay have picked up 5/6 guys who will play first and without losing to many players can only make them stronger. And after speaking to a mate of mine at Bero they appear to be stronger then last year also. So maybe a dark horse for higher honors. ( well not so dark now after me telling u all lol)

have heard a possibility as im good mates with one of them that 2 previous bero boys maybe making a return to the club sorry can't reveal names until i hear a definant from him.

cheers

gny
21-02-2013, 09:54 PM
Terrace forward is no quicker than average just very good on the ball

Buddha
21-02-2013, 10:39 PM
Terrace forward is no quicker than average just very good on the ball
That's a lie. I consider myself a speed demon and even i wouldnt get one of the boys

supa
22-02-2013, 08:56 AM
A bloke I work with that played for them last year and isn't playing this year due to injury told me there struggling with numbers at training. I know last year towards then end of the season half there reserve grade side played 3rd grade, it may not effect there 1st grade team but I was told the bold bloke in the middle for them wasn't playing cant remember his name but his a quality player to not have

i have a feeling this may be pretty common for a few clubs in these divisions, getting around 20ish at training for 3 grades is pretty ordinary, fingers crossed as the season approaches (and it is VERY rapidly approaching!) blokes will come out of the wood-work looking for a game. suns are lucky enough to have a massive community behind them and they've been around for a while so hopefully they'll be fine..

gny
22-02-2013, 10:10 AM
Anyone got trials this weekend?

Nelson Bay Road
22-02-2013, 11:05 AM
The Bay has had plenty of players rocking up..
Due to this we have had to make an all age team to accomodate..
Few players retunring to the area has helped and wouldnt be surprised if we sneak under the radar...

Buddha
22-02-2013, 12:41 PM
The Bay has had plenty of players rocking up..
Due to this we have had to make an all age team to accomodate..
Few players retunring to the area has helped and wouldnt be surprised if we sneak under the radar...

Will be good to see the Terrace-Bay rivalry again!

demon
22-02-2013, 02:51 PM
Also heard the same about wallsend I thought they were a good side last year just struggled to gel. Heard they have a few former lakes players if they haven't lost anyone they should be right up there

The first question is if they were decent Lakes players why would they drop 3 divisions to play under a relatively inexperienced coaching group compared to what they would have had at Lakes???

And I am sure the older of those among us remember the success Croatia had using a similar game plan.

LINGERA
22-02-2013, 04:06 PM
The first question is if they were decent Lakes players why would they drop 3 divisions to play under a relatively inexperienced coaching group compared to what they would have had at Lakes???

And I am sure the older of those among us remember the success Croatia had using a similar game plan.

I know 5 of the guys personally who are going from lakes to wallsend, they are all quality players and will definatly strengthen the side.

demon
22-02-2013, 05:02 PM
I'm not saying incoming players won't or can't make a difference but I don't see players coming down grades making the 'impact' people expect.

In dropping down so does the training, the tactics, the discipline, the level of team mates etc... guys move down because they want to have to spend less time training, less time in pre-season, be with their mates... to take it a little more casually. yes everyone is still competitive, I just think the way some clubs tag guys as being from "NBN" or "New FM" is more about making a club sound impressive. And that goes for all divisions.

I watched a fair bit of Wallsend the last few years because a mate plays there, last year in mid season the got Tom (forgotten his last name) who was ex Lakes and Zac Douglas from Edgie (ex jets Youth).

Now the guys who played against Tom I am sure noticed he had a quality about his game, as could Zac. But I would possibly have still only just put Tom in a team of the year for ZL1 and probably not Zac at all. Maybe they guys who played against them could judge better but tagging them as Ex NBN really meant nothing.

hawk
22-02-2013, 06:55 PM
I watched a fair bit of Wallsend the last few years because a mate plays there, last year in mid season the got Tom (forgotten his last name) who was ex Lakes and Zac Douglas from Edgie (ex jets Youth).

Now the guys who played against Tom I am sure noticed he had a quality about his game, as could Zac. But I would possibly have still only just put Tom in a team of the year for ZL1 and probably not Zac at all. Maybe they guys who played against them could judge better but tagging them as Ex NBN really meant nothing.

I remember Wallsend were 2nd last at rd11 last year going nowhere then by rd18 5th missing the semis by a point albeit a fair way from 3rd. These players must have made some diff.

newyjet
22-02-2013, 11:30 PM
yes wallsend did have 2 lakes players playing in a trial against bero juniors, kyles one of the dont no the other and loked like they keeped most of the guys from last yr

newyjet
22-02-2013, 11:34 PM
1. kotara
2. wallsend
3. bay
4. suburbs/bero
6. terrace/suns
8. morrisset
9. kahiba
10. belmont

ace22
23-02-2013, 01:50 AM
/

RANGER09
23-02-2013, 10:46 AM
Sunday 24th
Raymond Terrace vs Mayfield ZPL
3rd grade 10am
res grade 11.30am
1st grade 1pm

Same as the others this weekend - called off

Nelson Bay Road
03-03-2013, 06:08 PM
Bay took on mayfield today on a heavy tomaree oval
1sts 3-2 ( mayfield missed pen and bay second goal was a solid free kick)
Res 0-2
3rds 1-3 ( not 100% on lower grade scores)

Godd first hit out for the year..

Premy
03-03-2013, 11:14 PM
Bay took on mayfield today on a heavy tomaree oval
1sts 3-2 ( mayfield missed pen and bay second goal was a solid free kick)
Res 0-2
3rds 1-3 ( not 100% on lower grade scores)

Godd first hit out for the year..
So who won

Nelson Bay Road
04-03-2013, 09:17 AM
So who won

Home team first, so the bay won first grade..

Premy
04-03-2013, 09:29 AM
Home team first, so the bay won first grade..

Good result. Are your all age boys dual rego and did many of them make up your lower grades against mayfield?

Fridge
04-03-2013, 01:19 PM

Nou Camp
04-03-2013, 03:29 PM
i have a feeling this may be pretty common for a few clubs in these divisions, getting around 20ish at training for 3 grades is pretty ordinary, fingers crossed as the season approaches (and it is VERY rapidly approaching!) blokes will come out of the wood-work looking for a game. suns are lucky enough to have a massive community behind them and they've been around for a while so hopefully they'll be fine..

Yes training was a bit slow to start with but has picked up with a lot of new players coming in
We have lost a few due to a number of different reasons but have also picked up some good new players and should still be competitve.
Looking forward to the start of the season
by the sounds of everyone we should have an ineteresting competition this year, good luck to all!

saw a statement about regos before, was also curious to know what others were charging??
had someone say to me ours at $350 was too much compared to other clubs
rego breakdown is
$182 to federation
2 pairs of socks and shorts
Bag
Team polo
Team hoodie
Training shirt with initials
entry to pre season launch and preso
and physio at the games

LINGERA
04-03-2013, 04:19 PM
Yes training was a bit slow to start with but has picked up with a lot of new players coming in
We have lost a few due to a number of different reasons but have also picked up some good new players and should still be competitve.
Looking forward to the start of the season
by the sounds of everyone we should have an ineteresting competition this year, good luck to all!

saw a statement about regos before, was also curious to know what others were charging??
had someone say to me ours at $350 was too much compared to other clubs
rego breakdown is
$182 to federation
2 pairs of socks and shorts
Bag
Team polo
Team hoodie
Training shirt with initials
entry to pre season launch and preso
and physio at the games

Bag hoodie AND training shirt... $350 is a bargain

Lofty
04-03-2013, 04:33 PM

I agree! I'd be stoked with that! I remember a few years ago they had awesome adidas trackies. Looks like they look after their boys pretty well over there.

Nou Camp
04-03-2013, 04:47 PM

thats what i was thinking
guess you just cant please some people

sammydog
04-03-2013, 05:38 PM

$80 for Mel.......bargain.

Lionel Hutz
06-03-2013, 08:19 AM
Kotara are playing Hamilton Olympic ZL2 tonight at Nesbitt. "First" grade tonight followed by reserve/third grade tomorrow night.

Both teams are under strength due to players on holidays and working etc so i would imagine this is only a game to shake the cobwebs out and test out new players.

Lionel Hutz
07-03-2013, 08:41 AM
Kotara beat Olympic ZL2 last night 5-1. Good hitout for both teams.

Lower grade game is played tonight.

gny
08-03-2013, 06:53 PM
Raymond Terrace v Tenambit Sharks
Res grade Terrace 6 tenambit 0 or 1
1st grade terrace 7 tenambit 1
terrace dominated missed 3 open goals and numerous one on ones could of been 10 plus quite easy. tenambits goal was a penalty last kick of game. terrace keeper 2 saves for game
good first hit out for terrace

Premy
10-03-2013, 08:11 PM
By-pass cup
1st
Suburb 4-2 Charlestown (ZL2)
Res/3rd
Suburb 8-0 Charlestown

Lionel Hutz
11-03-2013, 09:41 AM
Kotara vs Plattsburg at Nesbitt

Only 2 grades played due to numbers on sunday which was quite a warm day so credit to both teams and players

Mixture of 3rds/U23s/Res Grade. Kotara won 4-2
First Grade 1-1

I

Dobbo
11-03-2013, 11:14 AM
Wallsend vs Barnsley

First 2-4, Barnsley were up 3-0 at half time
Ressies 1-0
Thirds 1-2

Thirds and ressies are playing Olympic ZL2 at The Gardens on Tuesday night 6pm and 7:35pm

spamg172
14-03-2013, 08:28 AM
How'd they go?

Bon
14-03-2013, 09:18 AM
Swansea Vs Gardo

1sts: 5-3
This game was played on Tuesday night. Interesting result and definitely a game with plenty going on in it.. Some absolute bombs scored by both teams (including an oggie from one of our boys that was reminiscent of the infamous 1978 Roy Drinkwater own goal for KB United.. hahaha.. He couldn't do it again if he tried!!)
Some promising signs for both teams, Swansea are going to be strong this year and dominated us in the 1st half, surging forward in large numbers and knocking about a lot of neat triangles.. Second half we lost a few key players - through injury and discipline - but somehow it brought us back into the game and had a much better second half..

Res/3rds combined game will be played out at Swansea tonight, 7pm..

Premy
15-03-2013, 07:52 AM
Swansea Vs Gardo

1sts: 5-3
This game was played on Tuesday night. Interesting result and definitely a game with plenty going on in it.. Some absolute bombs scored by both teams (including an oggie from one of our boys that was reminiscent of the infamous 1978 Roy Drinkwater own goal for KB United.. hahaha.. He couldn't do it again if he tried!!)
Some promising signs for both teams, Swansea are going to be strong this year and dominated us in the 1st half, surging forward in large numbers and knocking about a lot of neat triangles.. Second half we lost a few key players - through injury and discipline - but somehow it brought us back into the game and had a much better second half..

Res/3rds combined game will be played out at Swansea tonight, 7pm..
Gardo 5-2 Swansea
A pretty even affair with the game played in good spirt both teams rotated players threw with the bench looking more like something you would see in a AFL game. The result flatters us (gardo) a little I'm sure both teams were able to take some positive out of the game

Dobbo
15-03-2013, 01:53 PM
Wallsend V Olympic ZL2

Thirds - 3 or 4-1
Resies - 3-2

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
20-03-2013, 10:34 AM
Jesmond FC have had this weekends opponents cancel. We are looking for a trial, our ground is available and we can play either day. 2 grades, could possibly look for a team to play your 3rds but no guarantees. Phone Mick Coates on 0412 449 333.

gk1985
21-03-2013, 09:44 PM
hey guys, wondering if any teams still looking for players? my brothers just moved here from Sydney. keen to play anywhere in the defence.

played 1st grade for maroubra session before Last and a casual season with Mac uni last season... keen to get back into it.

thanks for the help

pv4
25-03-2013, 06:55 AM
from zl2 thread

morisset vs Westlakes in darrin perry/betty fennell annual shield day today @ Auston oval

morisset thirds vs Westlakes all age
2-3

reserves
0-1

firsts
0-4

Hiratio_Hufnagel
25-03-2013, 05:24 PM
Nelson Bay vs Dudley trial in Sahara conditions @ Nelson Bay Road Yesterday
1sts 2-2 4x 20s
A Strong Hit out against a Quality Dudley side they will be tough to play against with a structured defense and fast midfield
0-1 2min Penalty to Dudley
1-1 header to bay
2-1 goal to Dudley
2-2 25m Free Kick Scored on debut by a mystery NBAY Signing
Thanks to Dudley and the NBAY Lads Sweating it out on Nelson Bay Road Pitch

sharky21
25-03-2013, 08:10 PM
Nelson Bay vs Dudley trial in Sahara conditions @ Nelson Bay Road Yesterday
1sts 2-2 4x 20s
A Strong Hit out against a Quality Dudley side they will be tough to play against with a structured defense and fast midfield
0-1 2min Penalty to Dudley
1-1 header to bay
2-1 goal to Dudley
2-2 25m Free Kick Scored on debut by a mystery NBAY Signing
Thanks to Dudley and the NBAY Lads Sweating it out on Nelson Bay Road Pitch

Mystery Bay signing wouldn't happen to be a former Jet then Phoenix player would he?? Heard some rumours from out that way!!!

ace22
26-03-2013, 02:39 AM
swansea 4 - 0 tingera.

Only getting around 15 to training for 3 teams at the moment for tingera. A bit worrying.

Going from 2 teams to 3 and having no junior sides to grab players from was never going to be easy.

Im not the manager but anybody that has left it a bit late and wants a team its a great club with a good bunch of blokes so let me know if your interested and im sure you'd be welcome.

pv4
26-03-2013, 07:48 AM
I thought tingira joined with valentine so they did have access to juniors?

1st place & grand final winners should have got promoted, was wrong that 2nd (and not in grand final at all) got taken up to begin with IMO. should have copied rules of the a-league for getting into the acl.

I don't think I broke Foz law saying that, but if I did feel free to mod snip

true waterboy
26-03-2013, 09:05 AM
swansea 4 - 0 tingera.

Only getting around 15 to training for 3 teams at the moment for tingera. A bit worrying.

Going from 2 teams to 3 and having no junior sides to grab players from was never going to be easy.

Im not the manager but anybody that has left it a bit late and wants a team its a great club with a good bunch of blokes so let me know if your interested and im sure you'd be welcome.

Correct me if im wrong but didnt belmont go up because they wrote a letter to the districts saying that since they have joined with phoenix they have a strong junior base to draw from
If so the same option should of been given to all teams in the comp esp the grand final winners as they have had a genuine third grade for a few years

Swanky
26-03-2013, 10:40 AM
Correct me if im wrong but didnt belmont go up because they wrote a letter to the districts saying that since they have joined with phoenix they have a strong junior base to draw from
If so the same option should of been given to all teams in the comp esp the grand final winners as they have had a genuine third grade for a few years

They went up because the finished 2nd in ZL2 last year and when Merewether Advance asked to come down to ZL2 they were the 1st team asked to take Merewethers spot and they accepeted.

pv4
26-03-2013, 10:59 AM
They went up because the finished 2nd in ZL2 last year and when Merewether Advance asked to come down to ZL2 they were the 1st team asked to take Merewethers spot and they accepeted.

we understand that. what we don't understand is why they were first asked when, if going by the Australian sport setup at all, the grand final winners weren't asked (especially seeing as the grand final winners had let their intentions known they were keen to get promoted for years).

namwob99
26-03-2013, 11:10 AM
Get better, not bitter...

supa
26-03-2013, 11:21 AM
we understand that. what we don't understand is why they were first asked when, if going by the Australian sport setup at all, the grand final winners weren't asked (especially seeing as the grand final winners had let their intentions known they were keen to get promoted for years).

perhaps coming second in the league was viewed by the federation as more likely to be competitive over the course of the season rather than come good in the finals. not saying the grand final win isn't important however, the australian sport setup is far different from the world football setup in the fact they actually have play-offs...it would be a never ending argument to decide which one is more important to be in-line with.

true waterboy
26-03-2013, 11:55 AM

Im only asking because I have heard from a few sources that are on club committees that they wrote a letter to districts saying they have a strong junior base etc and found it odd that they now are asking for new players and only getting 15 to training.

if based on on feild results
belmont-finished tied first with terrace
westlakes-1 point behind in third, gf winners, best defence, second best goal difference 1 behind terrace, played belmont 4 times including finals for 3 wins and a draw.

in the end it doesnt matter westlakes will be competitive and will push for promotion again this year

sharky21
26-03-2013, 08:56 PM
The mystery player is the return of Goal Scoring Specialist David Strath, been out for few seasons since he popped his knee out against New Lambton Eagles 5years Ago 1st Game Back a club Legend, Scored with his 1st kick back, the other player you are referring to was just Early Season Rumours, i wouldnt be surprised if Michael Bridges hasnt been linked with our Club
Ah fair enough, yeah i just heard a few things about a guest playing stint for a very talented player. But hay not a bad rumor to have going around HAHA

Bon
26-03-2013, 09:45 PM
Ah fair enough, yeah i just heard a few things about a guest playing stint for a very talented player. But hay not a bad rumor to have going around HAHA

I too have heard of rumors of this player.. Are you definitely sure that he isn't with Nelso this year??? hahaha

sharky21
26-03-2013, 10:35 PM
I too have heard of rumors of this player.. Are you definitely sure that he isn't with Nelso this year??? hahaha
Could be a ploy Bon to keep it quite and have it as a "last minute surprise". Haha
Might have to go back to the source of the rumor and see whether I can get anymore out of them. Haha

Mr_Magoo
27-03-2013, 06:49 AM
im only new myself and getting back into soccer after years and years of. I think 4 or 5 phonix juniors have showed up. I also think maybe 25 faces have shown up at one stage between every training and trial .

Cant comment on last season wasn;t there for that. They also had a young A grade valentine team set up to take over 3rd grade but the parents ended up against it and didnt let it happen . Im unsure maybe all the kids that dont make the cut in the phonex nbn teams will be on there way over shortly?

10 players at training tonight. any other teams have vacances for a switch this late?

does any1 have a contact for kotara.. are they full?

Swansea for sure is still looking

shark attack
28-03-2013, 11:50 PM
raymond terrace 1 stockton 3 resies
a really good effort from the stockton boys , all the new young guys are starting to come together nicley.

raymond terrace 4 stockton 2 1st
once again a really top effort form the stockton boys , score was bit dissapointing but with the spead of there 3 boys up front turned 3 mistakes into goals.

oneeye
29-03-2013, 11:51 AM
raymond terrace 1 stockton 3 resies
a really good effort from the stockton boys , all the new young guys are starting to come together nicley.

raymond terrace 4 stockton 2 1st
once again a really top effort form the stockton boys , score was bit dissapointing but with the spead of there 3 boys up front turned 3 mistakes into goals.

Terrace seem to have had a good pre season and good state cup result.
Will they be team to push suburbs ?

Premy
30-03-2013, 04:31 PM
Terrace seem to have had a good pre season and good state cup result.
Will they be team to push suburbs ?

Maybe but that result in the reserve grade game may suggest they are lacking a little depth

ace22
05-04-2013, 10:48 AM
swansea 4 - 0 tingera.

late influx of players went from 10 at training 2 weeks out. to 25 last night and 35 aparently signed. so there all good. i jumped ship after i saw that 10 at training 2 weeks out unfortunately.

but sounds things are looking up for them and best of luck for the season!

Fridge
06-04-2013, 06:21 PM
Cardiff RSL cup today at Cardiff
3rds 3-1 Cardiff
Res 2-1 suburbs
1st 2-1 suburbs
Suburbs win the cup for 1st time.

ace22
06-04-2013, 07:14 PM
belmont tingera 3 charlestown city 1 ( id2s)

reserves tingera 0 charly 2

trial game

Shayne
07-04-2013, 09:01 PM
belmont tingera 3 charlestown city 1 ( id2s)

reserves tingera 0 charly 3

trial game

Fixed.

amishpanda
08-04-2013, 01:38 PM
Cardiff RSL cup today at Cardiff
3rds 3-1 Cardiff
Res 2-1 suburbs
1st 2-1 suburbs
Suburbs win the cup for 1st time.

How did the burbs/diff game pan out?

Thats two ZL1 teams that have beaten competitive ZPL teams in the past month, probably more?

Edit: Spelling

ace22
08-04-2013, 02:04 PM
Fixed.

sorry mate. i didnt think a friend in the 1sts squad would lie to me about the score lol spesh since it wasnt he's game. ah well.

ace22
08-04-2013, 02:09 PM

Thats two ZL1 teams that have beaten competitive ZPL teams in the past month, probably more?

theres only one grade between them . zl3 teams beat zl2 and its no big deal. zl1 beats 'premier league' and people are like what happened. i dont know why. from what ive been told suburbs and suns would not be out of place at all in zpl one bit. only problem was last season only 1 could be promoted which was barnsley. When all 3 of them could easily be there.

amishpanda
08-04-2013, 02:32 PM
theres only one grade between them . zl3 teams beat zl2 and its no big deal. zl1 beats 'premier league' and people are like what happened. i dont know why. from what ive been told suburbs and suns would not be out of place at all in zpl one bit. only problem was last season only 1 could be promoted which was barnsley. When all 3 of them could easily be there.

Fair call. New to the leagues.
I'm used to watching the state league, where you would expect the semi final hopefuls to trounce all but one team in the league below. Duely noted.

Premy
08-04-2013, 02:49 PM

I think you'll find that Cardiff are no longer the side they used to be. It's the second time Suburb have got a win over ZPL teams this pre-season as we beat Mayfield and we have been narrowly beaten by Swansea and Warnersbay. These are pre-season friendly games after all and I don't think to much should be read into them. A lot of work needs to be done if we want to take our place in ZPL just because we have won 2 friendly games we are under no illusion that we belong there win ZL1 first that's our goal and we know its not going to be a easy task.

amishpanda
08-04-2013, 03:23 PM
A lot of work needs to be done if we want to take our place in ZPL just because we have won 2 friendly games we are under no illusion that we belong there win ZL1 first that's our goal and we know its not going to be a easy task.

A task made all-the-easier with the Websters, Clerks and Darrs. I personally like your chances - though I do not wish to jinx you at all. I can't wait to see how it all pans out!

From my (lack of) knowledge, Mayfield arent much chop - close results against swansea and warners bay prove the quality of the side though.

Premy
08-04-2013, 03:53 PM
A task made all-the-easier with the Websters, Clerks and Darrs. I personally like your chances - though I do not wish to jinx you at all. I can't wait to see how it all pans out!

From my (lack of) knowledge, Mayfield arent much chop - close results against swansea and warners bay prove the quality of the side though.

Obviously you have some knowledge of what's going on at our club yes we have added some quality players a few you have not mentioned either to a already strong team and yes I would say we are quietly confident but we all know we can not get to far ahead of ourselves the season proper has not even started yet let's see how we are traveling after a couple of rounds. Thanks for the vote of confidence anyway

sharky21
08-04-2013, 04:27 PM
Premy I think u are right in saying Cardiff are not what they used to be as we(Tenambit ZL2) with a complete new squad basically beat them 4-0. Now I Dnt think it was all first grade but from what iv heard it was a fair majority of them. I'm happy to be corrected on that figure but that's just what we were told.

Premy
08-04-2013, 05:58 PM

It's worth noting the results against Mayfield, Swansea and Warners bay we were without Webby and Darr

supa
08-04-2013, 10:11 PM
Premy I think u are right in saying Cardiff are not what they used to be as we(Tenambit ZL2) with a complete new squad basically beat them 4-0. Now I Dnt think it was all first grade but from what iv heard it was a fair majority of them. I'm happy to be corrected on that figure but that's just what we were told.

you sure it wasn't a 5-4 loss and all 5 of their goals were 'offside' and you just chose not to count them?? haha

sharky21
08-04-2013, 10:53 PM
you sure it wasn't a 5-4 loss and all 5 of their goals were 'offside' and you just chose not to count them?? haha
Haha nah this time we had three official refs. But honestly the guy who did the game on Sunday was much better then the ones we had then.
But I must admit as a defender and goalkeeper I do forget about all goals conceded rather quickly but I swear this game I didnt have to forget or choose not to count any. lol

Vellaru
08-04-2013, 11:38 PM
From what I've seen of suburbs (the finals series last year + swansea, wbay and cardiff trials this year), they have an entirely new look midfield. I don't know that any of their CMs kept position over the break. I've recognised a few faces in ressies though, so credit to the club for keeping those guys on board.

Strange to see almost half the starting XI for first grade finals series squad kicking off in reserve grade against Cardiff.
I've read that maybe last year Barnsleys depth played a big part in overthrowing Suburbs in the end. Hopefully it's their turn?

ace22
09-04-2013, 07:07 AM
From what I've seen of suburbs (the finals series last year + swansea, wbay and cardiff trials this year), they have an entirely new look midfield. I don't know that any of their CMs kept position over the break. I've recognised a few faces in ressies though, so credit to the club for keeping those guys on board.

Strange to see almost half the starting XI for first grade finals series squad kicking off in reserve grade against Cardiff.
I've read that maybe last year Barnsleys depth played a big part in overthrowing Suburbs in the end. Hopefully it's their turn?

from someone with no interest in the club. i think suburbs are flooding with players. When a decent player mate of mine asked preety late if they needed anymore players. My mate was told no they have huge numbers and flooded with players. But have left the door open for 'quality first graders only' . ( I guess if any had missed out on their nbn team selection or something)

That statement alone shows there all geared up to win. And i dont think to much will come in their way.

Premy
09-04-2013, 09:22 AM
That statement alone shows there all geared up to win. And i dont think to much will come in their way.

I think Nelson Bay,Raymond Terrace,Kotara,Wallsend and Suns might disagree with you there
Kotara always strong especially at home
Suns semi finalist last year and only beat by away goal rule
Wallsend strong finish to the year last year for a relatively new squad and have added some quality from all reports
Nelson Bay from talk on the foz they have improved from last year
Raymond Terrace ZL2 premiers and have added to their club (just look at Barsley last year)

We are under no illusion that we might have the favorite tag but to say we will walk it in is just plain disrespectful to the other teams in ZL1. That said good luck to all teams this year can't wait for Sunday big game to start the year against Suns and I'm sure they will want to exact some revenge from the semi final loss

ace22
09-04-2013, 09:36 AM
I think Nelson Bay,Raymond Terrace,Kotara,Wallsend and Suns might disagree with you there
Kotara always strong especially at home
Suns semi finalist last year and only beat by away goal rule
Wallsend strong finish to the year last year for a relatively new squad and have added some quality from all reports
Nelson Bay from talk on the foz they have improved from last year
Raymond Terrace ZL2 premiers and have added to their club (just look at Barsley last year)

We are under no illusion that we might have the favorite tag but to say we will walk it in is just plain disrespectful to the other teams in ZL1. That said good luck to all teams this year can't wait for Sunday big game to start the year against Suns and I'm sure they will want to exact some revenge from the semi final loss

when and where is this game. might come have a look if it doesnt clash with my game.

Premy
09-04-2013, 10:28 AM
Sunday at Carrington not sure of the name of the ground it's just to the left as you come over the bridge

Swanky
09-04-2013, 11:05 AM
Sporting pulse says the game is on Saturday at Connelly Park not Sunday

Premy
09-04-2013, 11:35 AM
I could be wrong ill find out at training tonight and get back on that from memory over the last few years Suns have played home games on Sunday that's why I thought Sunday

Swanky
09-04-2013, 11:49 AM
I could be wrong ill find out at training tonight and get back on that from memory over the last few years Suns have played home games on Sunday that's why I thought Sunday

Now the ground is shared by League. Football is Saturday and League Sunday

Premy
09-04-2013, 05:10 PM
You would be correct swanky

amishpanda
10-04-2013, 12:07 PM
It's worth noting the results against Mayfield, Swansea and Warners bay we were without Webby and Darr

apologies - I did not mean to discredit the remainder of the team which, from past results, look to be in good nick.

gny
10-04-2013, 06:37 PM
seasons finally here fellas

first round predictions?

season predictions?

Gary
10-04-2013, 08:40 PM
1st-Wallsend
2nd-Garden suburbs
3rd-Kotara south

amishpanda
11-04-2013, 08:07 AM
Newcastle Suns 1-3 Garden Suburbs
Nelson Bay 2-2 Belmont Tingira
Morriset 1-3 Wallsend
Kotara Sth 3-0 Raymond Terrace
Beresfield 0-1 Kahibah

The comp:
1st - Burbs
2nd - Wallsend
3rd - Kotara
4th - Suns/Berro?

leftrightout
11-04-2013, 08:27 AM
1st-Wallsend
2nd-Garden suburbs
3rd-Kotara south

Everyone seems to be thinking Suburbs and Wallsend for the top two... i have to agree but i will put it
1st Suburbs
2nd Wallsend

As a roughie i will chuck Terrace in there to make the top 4.
Promoted teams seem to do well in this comp. Suburbs, Suns and Barnsley all promoted into this comp in the last couple of years all gone close to or won it.

leftrightout
11-04-2013, 08:28 AM
Morriset 1-3 Wallsend
Beresfield 0-1 Kahibah

The comp:
1st - Burbs
2nd - Wallsend
3rd - Kotara
4th - Suns/Berro?

Interesting you tip bero to get top 4, but think they will lose first round to kahibah?

Nou Camp
11-04-2013, 09:31 AM
Sunday at Carrington not sure of the name of the ground it's just to the left as you come over the bridge

We are on Saturday and Connelly Park Carrington
most of our home games will be Saturdays this year apart from the possible sunday game at Magics ground

Nou Camp
11-04-2013, 09:34 AM
Now the ground is shared by League. Football is Saturday and League Sunday

Correct

Ground outlines and football markings are in white, with rugby league 10 metre lines in black
honestly dont know what council is thinking here!!! 4 football teams use the ground and 1 rugby team

Nou Camp
11-04-2013, 09:43 AM
Morriset 1-3 Wallsend
Beresfield 0-1 Kahibah

The comp:
1st - Burbs
2nd - Wallsend
3rd - Kotara
4th - Suns/Berro?

dont count the suns out
have lost a few players but have gained some quality ones as well
we may start off a bit slow but should still be up there

Nou Camp
11-04-2013, 09:49 AM
Football season is finally upon us :)

Good luck to all teams competing this year! im sure it will be another great year for everyone involved

our semi final rematch against the burbs this sat will be an excellent test for our new squad

demon
11-04-2013, 10:38 AM
Correct

Ground outlines and football markings are in white, with rugby league 10 metre lines in black
honestly dont know what council is thinking here!!! 4 football teams use the ground and 1 rugby team

Arguement will be the rugby claim themselves to be a local (Carrington based) side so will always get access to the ground when they ask for it. A good example of total Council lack of foresight that area.

If they had not put the road directly thru the middle if that area they could have had two ovals and still only need the cost of one set of sheds/canteen. But no, they place a road throught the middle and have one park and basically one wasted open space because of a lack of amenities.

Without the road they could have had two quality mixed use (winter/summer) ovals and still have had room for a decent training area for clubs to use off the fields.

demon
11-04-2013, 10:40 AM
Newcastle Suns 1-2 Garden Suburbs
Nelson Bay 1-1 Belmont Tingira
Morriset 1-1 Wallsend
Kotara Sth 2-1 Raymond Terrace
Beresfield 0-2 Kahibah

The comp:
1st - Gardens S
2nd - Newc Suns
3rd - Kotara
4th - Kahibah/Ray Terrace

leftrightout
11-04-2013, 01:27 PM
Nelson Bay may also give it abit of a crack this season!

Last season being very much a 3 horse race, i think the quality overall has improved this season and may make things alot more interesting.
I guess this is why Suburbs will certainly not be taking things for granted, as someone from the club mentioned before!

amishpanda
11-04-2013, 03:07 PM
Interesting you tip bero to get top 4, but think they will lose first round to kahibah?

Im not sure what I was thinking when i wrote that prediction - call it trying to predict the upsets haha. Let me try again:

1st - Burbs
2nd - Wallsend
3rd - Suns?
4th - Kotara?

Ive never seen the Suns play - might have to go watch on Saturday

Nou Camp
11-04-2013, 03:41 PM
Arguement will be the rugby claim themselves to be a local (Carrington based) side so will always get access to the ground when they ask for it. A good example of total Council lack of foresight that area.

If they had not put the road directly thru the middle if that area they could have had two ovals and still only need the cost of one set of sheds/canteen. But no, they place a road throught the middle and have one park and basically one wasted open space because of a lack of amenities.

Without the road they could have had two quality mixed use (winter/summer) ovals and still have had room for a decent training area for clubs to use off the fields.

Theres 2 empty fields across the road that arnt getting utilised but instead of building sheds there council advised they would like to refurbish the existing connelly park canteen with a budget of $100K! the canteen is fine you could probably do it up a bit for 5k

Gary
11-04-2013, 05:03 PM
The suns are always strong & there or abouts at the seasons end,i'll put berro & the bay as my roughies tho..Extremely tight comp this year,can't wait for the weekend!

Premy
11-04-2013, 05:37 PM
Nelson Bay may also give it abit of a crack this season!

Last season being very much a 3 horse race, i think the quality overall has improved this season and may make things alot more interesting.
I guess this is why Suburbs will certainly not be taking things for granted, as someone from the club mentioned before!

Very true some people have suggested on here that we're going to walk the competition in. I can assure you we do not feel that way last year we lost 3 games and finished 2nd if you had of told me that at the start of last year I would of said "yeah right" we're quite aware how hard it's going to be and we know teams are not going to just roll over it looks like its going to be a very competitive year.

Beeen
11-04-2013, 05:48 PM
Well said Prem-dawg

Bon
12-04-2013, 05:15 PM
Bloody hell, I go away for work for the week and come back to find loads of talk in here about the comp..

Absolutely pumped for the season to start tomorrow!!!

Jardelsimage
12-04-2013, 07:09 PM
Bloody hell, I go away for work for the week and come back to find loads of talk in here about the comp..

Absolutely pumped for the season to start tomorrow!!!

big fella, nice to put a face to the name last week, good luck for the season champ

amishpanda
13-04-2013, 05:12 PM
Suns v Suburbs

First grade: 3-1 to Suburbs when I left the game today(10 to go).
Deserved (presumed) win. Suns rarely threatened, ran outta legs early and couldn't compete with the youngsters in the middle pulling the strings for suburbs.

Who is that short, blonde bloke in the middle for suburbs? Think he was number 25.

Fridge
13-04-2013, 06:11 PM
Suns v suburbs
1st 4-1 suburbs
Res 6-0 suburbs
3rds 3-1 suburbs
amishpanda no 25 his name is Ninja!!!

Premy
13-04-2013, 06:11 PM
Suns v Suburb

3rd 3-1 suburb
Res 6-0 suburb
1st 4-1 suburb

Premy
13-04-2013, 06:12 PM
Suns v suburbs
1st 4-1 suburbs
Res 6-0 suburbs
3rds 3-1 suburbs

You Won

hawk
13-04-2013, 06:32 PM
suburbs get a few players from Wbay??

Fridge
13-04-2013, 07:05 PM
suburbs get a few players from Wbay??

No mate not a few just a couple.

amishpanda
13-04-2013, 08:23 PM

Very Ninja-esque. Very fancy footwork. Good player.

ace22
14-04-2013, 12:02 PM
are suburbs stronger this year . or has the suns quality went down. Or both?

2 title favourites. 1 winning that convincingly.

Nelson Bay Road
14-04-2013, 04:20 PM
Nelson bay vs Belmont
3rds 2-2
Res 4-2 bay
1sts 4-0 bay

Good start to the season at home

No refs as was expected, did any other games get officials??

Ninja
14-04-2013, 04:44 PM
Suburbs v Suns only had a ref

amishpanda
14-04-2013, 05:18 PM
Morrisett v Wallsend.

3rds:
Morrisett 0 - 4 Wallsend

2nds:
Morrisett 1 - 5 Wallsend
Convincing. Morri missed a pen, but other than that had minimal chances. Wallsend finished well.

1st:
Morrisett 0 - 6 Wallsend

No officials, but the guys that we had reffing and running the line did a great job, considering.
Again, a convincing win. Morrisett had zero (one off the crossbar) shots on target, but can move the ball well - their mids and strikers like to work hard. In sayin that - Wallsend could have had 10/12.

hawk
14-04-2013, 06:27 PM
:blush: could be another long year for Morri. Wallsend stronger?

supa
14-04-2013, 06:33 PM
Results from Pasadena.

Thirds
Bero 2 - 3 Kahibah

Reserves
Bero 3 - 2 Kahibah

Firsts
Bero 5 - 2 Kahibah

ace22
14-04-2013, 06:52 PM
:blush: could be another long year for Morri. Wallsend stronger?

going down 1 grade probably wasnt enough. The score lines they apparently suffered last season. Theres a difference between zpl and zl1 but not enough to fix that.

RANGER09
14-04-2013, 07:02 PM
Kotara v Terrace
3rds 2-2, res 3-0 Kotara, 1st 4-3 Terrace

Premy
14-04-2013, 07:15 PM
Kotara v Terrace
3rds 2-2, res 3-0 Kotara, 1st 4-3 Terrace

I left at 4-2 Kotara unlucky not to get a point in this game they probably deserved the 3 points more then Terrace but hey that's football Terrace played some good counter attacking football. Question do you miss 1or 2 games for a straight red either way that number 3 for Terrace will be missed

RANGER09
14-04-2013, 07:30 PM
I left at 4-2 Kotara unlucky not to get a point in this game they probably deserved the 3 points more then Terrace but hey that's football Terrace played some good counter attacking football. Question do you miss 1or 2 games for a straight red either way that number 3 for Terrace will be missed

Straight red usually only one week

supa
14-04-2013, 07:34 PM

depends on what the dismissal was for, two yellows is one week.

Ninja
14-04-2013, 07:34 PM

This ^

Plus weeks after board discretion if necessary.

supa
14-04-2013, 07:40 PM

what was he sent for?

RANGER09
14-04-2013, 07:42 PM
what was he sent for?

Was taken out by Kotara defender and out of frustration threw the ball back at the guy who took him out.

supa
14-04-2013, 07:44 PM
Was taken out by Kotara defender and out of frustration threw the ball back at the guy who took him out.

could be an R6 - unsporting conduct etc... mandatory one week plus one additional match.

Premy
14-04-2013, 07:46 PM
depends on what the dismissal was for, two yellows is one week.
It was a straight red. He got tackled won the free kick and then he lashed out at the player I think he gave the ref a bit of a serve too (not certain I was pretty far away when it happened). There was 3 official refs too so there is no problem regarding club refs

RANGER09
14-04-2013, 07:47 PM
Will have to wait and see wasn't much in it as ball wasn't thrown hard, disappointing part was no card given for the challenge

Premy
14-04-2013, 07:50 PM
Will have to wait and see wasn't much in it as ball wasn't thrown hard, disappointing part was no card given for the challenge

Agreed the match was pretty heated I personally think the ref had a fair game some players were lucky to stay on the park notably No4 for Terrace

supa
14-04-2013, 07:55 PM

the charge would remain the same unless the ref/disciplinary people down-grade it.. club needs to get in contact with the federation to appeal the suspension when they receive notification, shame to have a brain explosion on round one, from what im told something similar occured at bero today to a kahibah defender

RANGER09
14-04-2013, 08:00 PM
Agreed the match was pretty heated I personally think the ref had a fair game some players were lucky to stay on the park notably No4 for Terrace

Yeah ref was pretty lenient with him today, something we need to work on, credit to Kotara boys hanging in there pushing to the end, down 3-0 at half time, 2 pens awarded, 1st one fair enough 2nd one could have gone either way. Boys were out on their feet for last 10 minutes on our side, big nights and heat took bit of a toll on players today :wink::wink::dry::dry::dry:

Premy
14-04-2013, 08:18 PM
Yeah he seems like a good young player just needs to learn to keep his head (I know all about it, I should take my own advice lol). Kotara really came home with a wet sail and I think a draw would of been a fair result but credit to you boys you stuck it out and got the result could prove to be a very valuable 3 points at seasons end as I feel both teams will be there or there abouts

darthmuller
14-04-2013, 08:20 PM
So what were the results in all games for first grade?

Premy
14-04-2013, 08:30 PM
Suburb 4-1 Suns
Bay 4-0 Belmont
Bero 5-2 Kahibah
Terrace 4-3 Kotara
Wallsend 6-0 Moriset

amishpanda
14-04-2013, 09:47 PM
Suburb 4-1 Suns
Bay 4-0 Belmont
Bero 5-2 Kahibah
Terrace 4-3 Kotara
Wallsend 6-0 Moriset

Such high scoring games!
Is this, from previous years, typical of ZL1?

Ninja
15-04-2013, 07:21 AM
Such high scoring games!
Is this, from previous years, typical of ZL1?
First few rounds with huge squad changed accross the board, will slow down in a few weeks

amishpanda
15-04-2013, 08:28 AM
First few rounds with huge squad changed accross the board, will slow down in a few weeks

Sure hope not - Keep the goals flowing!

After watching a few games on the weekend, and reading the forum, it would seem that a couple of teams still have some additions to make to their squads. I realise that the teams that will do well this year will accomplish this through their depth and quality as a whole, but you cant rule out the fact that there are a few players a class above that will make the difference in alot of games. How are teams travelling with respect to having their full-strength lineup fielded in round 1?

Posts suggest that there are at least a couple of regular first graders due to come back to Suburbs, Suns, Kahibah. Any more?

Premy
15-04-2013, 09:17 AM
Suburb are still waiting on 5 players that could all play 1st grade respectfully. Players out for different reasons weddings holidays ect.

Bon
15-04-2013, 11:34 AM
heard from 2 teams losing there best or close to there 'best' player or 'players' to suburbs in the off season. And the common denomenator told was money.

Hmmmm.. Well this is definitely news to me..
If cheddar has been offered, its definitely been kept on the down-low (or just not to me, cause I'm not worth it, hahahaha)..
If anything its the opposite. I know players were offered money to go to other clubs, and they rejected it for whatever different reasons (loyalty, atmosphere, coaching, great bunch of blokes, social idiocy that the boys get up to, etc..)

Premy
15-04-2013, 12:07 PM
News to me to big nob. Sounds like baseless rumors to me, could be sour grapes because said players didn't not re-sign with former clubs. I'm completely speculating here but knowing Ace trained with Belmont this is where it could of originated and knowing we picked up 1 player from Belmont I'm pretty sure said players reason for leaving was because Garden Suburb was a stone throw from his house and Belmont were struggling for players.

P.S your worth every penny you get Booooonnaaa

Bon
15-04-2013, 12:18 PM
P.S your worth every penny you get Booooonnaaa

HAHAHAHAH.. As I said.. Nothing.. :gent:

Anyway, back on it..
After the Round 1 results there are some very interesting games coming up this weekend..

Raymo Vs Suns
Belmont Vs Kahibah
Gardo Vs Mo-town
Bero Vs Kotara
Wallsend Vs Nelson Bay

Premy
15-04-2013, 12:28 PM
Terrace v Suns will be a good game.
I'm sure you had a highlighter on our fixture this weekend soon as they came out to

Lionel Hutz
15-04-2013, 12:38 PM
I know its early in the season but it looks like Morrisett and Belmont will be battling it out for the bottom place. If Belmont are struggling for numbers it could be a long season for them once a few injuries, holidays etc start to play there part. ive heard nothing about morrissett on here.

Bero and Wallsend appear to have improved since last season. We play bero this weekend and they are always tough to beat up there, especially first grade.

Raymond Terrace i think will surprise a few teams, especially the first time you play them. they have quite a few handy players and very quick blokes up front. They finished very well on the weekend but we bounced back to nearly claim a point. I thought it was a story of 2 halves, terrace dominated 1st half and deserved their 3-0 lead (im pretty sure they struck the post also). Second half we adjusted and got a few goals back to make it 3-2 and were unlucky not to get more with hitting the cross bar 3 times. Great free kick from terrace created the chance for the 4th and we scored another penalty to make it 4-3 and we just ran out of time!

its early days for all teams but i think it will be quite a competitive competition this year.

ace22
15-04-2013, 12:42 PM
sorry premy deleted that. strate after i wrote it.

didnt think i should be posting second hand information like that to do with money. but u got to it quick so ill answer.

i just heard from a few seperate places concerning 3 players.. . who knows not my business . either way . zone league one looks very lop sided compared to premier league which looks like all teams have a shot .

i was more wondering how you got warnersbay players in a winning zpl side to leave and go to suburbs . someone from warnersbay said they heard that . anyway aend of this discussion

ace22
15-04-2013, 12:49 PM
I know its early in the season but it looks like Morrisett and Belmont will be battling it out for the bottom place. If Belmont are struggling for numbers it could be a long season for them once a few injuries, holidays etc start to play there part. ive heard nothing about morrissett on here.

Bero and Wallsend appear to have improved since last season. We play bero this weekend and they are always tough to beat up there, especially first grade.

Raymond Terrace i think will surprise a few teams, especially the first time you play them. they have quite a few handy players and very quick blokes up front. They finished very well on the weekend but we bounced back to nearly claim a point. I thought it was a story of 2 halves, terrace dominated 1st half and deserved their 3-0 lead (im pretty sure they struck the post also). Second half we adjusted and got a few goals back to make it 3-2 and were unlucky not to get more with hitting the cross bar 3 times. Great free kick from terrace created the chance for the 4th and we scored another penalty to make it 4-3 and we just ran out of time!

its early days for all teams but i think it will be quite a competitive competition this year.

belmont have the numbers now full squad nearly . got a heap from phonex etc. got them all within the last 2 weeks before the comp now there overflowing and the team i moved to is struggling way more with 39 on the roster.

They said nelson bay improved a heap since winning zl2. And i think belmont will beat morriset and kahibah. After seeing kahibah play. But we shall see.

Premy
15-04-2013, 02:09 PM
No hard feelings ace. The 2 lads your referring to from Warners Bay 1 of them actually played at Suburb 2 seasons ago and his 2 brothers are still with us the other is a good friend of a few of the boys and wanted a change. Nothing much to it other then that hope that answers your question

hawk
15-04-2013, 04:27 PM
No hard feelings ace. The 2 lads your referring to from Warners Bay 1 of them actually played at Suburb 2 seasons ago and his 2 brothers are still with us the other is a good friend of a few of the boys and wanted a change. Nothing much to it other then that hope that answers your question

Had nothing to do with a coaching issue at WB?

LINGERA
15-04-2013, 04:34 PM

Is Gilla still coaching at WB? great coach..

Premy
15-04-2013, 05:24 PM

Sure it helped I know both blokes liked Gilla but as you already know what's going on its not my place to say. All I can comment on is why they choose Suburb

Hiratio_Hufnagel
15-04-2013, 05:34 PM
HAHAHAHAH.. As I said.. Nothing.. :gent:

Anyway, back on it..
After the Round 1 results there are some very interesting games coming up this weekend..

Raymo Vs Suns
Belmont Vs Kahibah
Gardo Vs Mo-town
Bero Vs Kotara
Wallsend Vs Nelson Bay

Gardo to score double figures this weekend

Hiratio_Hufnagel
15-04-2013, 05:41 PM
They said nelson bay improved a heap since winning zl2. [/QUOTE]
Ace where did you get this information from Bay Winning ZL2?

amishpanda
15-04-2013, 06:56 PM
Raymo Vs Suns
Belmont Vs Kahibah
Gardo Vs Mo-town
Bero Vs Kotara
Wallsend Vs Nelson Bay

Raymond Terrace
Kahibah
Garden Suburbs
Berro
Wallsend

Interesting, most could go either way. I would say only a suburbs win is a safe bet. I like any team with pace against the suns. Kahibah may have players returning, know nothing about either team. Berro to do well at home. Wallsend vs the dark horse? Wallsend will edge it out I suspect.

Buddha
15-04-2013, 07:56 PM
If cheddar has been offered, its definitely been kept on the down-low (or just not to me, cause I'm not worth it, hahahaha)..
If anything its the opposite. I know players were offered money to go to other clubs, and they rejected it for whatever different reasons (loyalty, atmosphere, coaching, great bunch of blokes, social idiocy that the boys get up to, etc..)

Surely they are paying you to keep those luscious locks Bon?

Ninja
15-04-2013, 07:58 PM
Surely they are paying you to keep those luscious locks Bon?
They tried paying him to shave.
He spat on Fridge just for asking.

Buddha
15-04-2013, 08:05 PM
Those locks are only bettered by Slobs, sorry Bon but Slobsy's mane is just divine

sammydog
15-04-2013, 08:29 PM

Suburbs have never payed players and I would be surprised to here that it was occurring now. In the past not even rego has been payed for players. I'd be betting that Chinese whispers have kicked in.

Such an awesome club though, I am not surprised people are queuing up to get in.

Spook
15-04-2013, 09:02 PM

Don't need to pay players with a club culture like suburbs u turn up for one training session n they make u feel like part of the family in a second that is why players love playing there football there!!

hawk
15-04-2013, 09:04 PM
Suburbs have never payed players and I would be surprised to here that it was occurring now. In the past not even rego has been payed for players. I'd be betting that Chinese whispers have kicked in.

Such an awesome club though, I am not surprised people are queuing up to get in.

paid, queuing, Gardo public also has great reading recovery too. :whistling:

ace22
15-04-2013, 09:44 PM
They said nelson bay improved a heap since winning zl2.
Ace where did you get this information from Bay Winning ZL2?[/QUOTE]

ment to be say raymond terrace . Im not posting on the drink anymore which coutns me out most nights. so many active people in this zl1 thread makes it interesting. The premier one has barely anything ever going on.

Bon
16-04-2013, 10:44 AM
I'm sure you had a highlighter on our fixture this weekend soon as they came out to

Well, I played for Mo-town for 21 years, so its going to be quite a strange feeling playing against them for the first time..
Not sure how I'll feel about it on Sunday, haha..

didnt think i should be posting second hand information like that to do with money. but u got to it quick so ill answer.

Thats half of what the forum is for!!!! :whistling:

Those locks are only bettered by Slobs, sorry Bon but Slobsy's mane is just divine

I'm just flattered that you even mentioned me in the same sentence as Slobs.. The blokes plumage makes my giblets tingle..

Back on topic..
Gardo Vs Motown games are still on Sunday, but have been moved back an hour. So 3rds are at 10:30, Ressies at 12:15 and 1sts at 2pm.
Then boozing back at the razzle in time to see the Gypos choke again..

Gary
16-04-2013, 01:05 PM
My round 2 tips(honest tips,I do not intend to offend any club):
Raymond 3-suns 2
Belmont 2-kahibah 2
Gardo 8-mo-town 1
Bero 5-kotara 2
Wallsend 4-the bay 1

I'd like to put $5 on Bon to score a header off a corner..
I'd also like to wish all clubs all the best for the weekend & the season,it would be nice to see a few upsets this round so if any club would like to make me eat my tipping words then that's be great

Guiltykeep
16-04-2013, 01:09 PM
Bon surely only paying $1.90 to get a header

Premy
16-04-2013, 02:10 PM
I'd like to put $5 on Bon to score a header off a corner..
I'd also like to wish all clubs all the best for the weekend & the season,it would be nice to see a few upsets this round so if any club would like to make me eat my tipping words then that's be great

I'm putting $20 on it falls to his feet and he puts in Dora Creek

Premy
16-04-2013, 02:14 PM
Realizing we play at home I'm still sticking with him putting it in Dora Creek

Nou Camp
16-04-2013, 02:40 PM
Suburbs v Suns only had a ref

yes and that was only because we rang around a few people asking if anyone was free

apparently 40 refs quit recently due to new gradings and regulations recently introduced (someting like that anyways), so i wouldnt be expecting any refs to our games anytime soon, which is a bit of a shame really

outsider
16-04-2013, 04:32 PM
yes and that was only because we rang around a few people asking if anyone was free

apparently 40 refs quit recently due to new gradings and regulations recently introduced (someting like that anyways), so i wouldnt be expecting any refs to our games anytime soon, which is a bit of a shame really

Dont know where you heard that-if they have they must be junior association referees.Seniors have about the same number as last year(around 90) with about half that number either assessor or senior non active membersThere are a few having a break after the A League season,some were in Canberra on a womens International friendly and some overseas on holiday.Also many of our members are only available on one day each weekend(they do have a life outside football)and Junior branch referees are usually only available for senior football on Sunday since they are required to referee juniors on Saturday which is fair enough.Senior branch is required to cover NBN.NEWFM and WPL with full coverage before appointing referees to other football.Last weekend most ID football was on Saturday which left no junior branch referees available.The days of referees doing both days is long gone,some are prepared to referee both days but most with families not.How many players are required to be available both days each weekend

Nou Camp
16-04-2013, 04:53 PM
Dont know where you heard that-if they have they must be junior association referees.Seniors have about the same number as last year(around 90) with about half that number either assessor or senior non active membersThere are a few having a break after the A League season,some were in Canberra on a womens International friendly and some overseas on holiday.Also many of our members are only available on one day each weekend(they do have a life outside football)and Junior branch referees are usually only available for senior football on Sunday since they are required to referee juniors on Saturday which is fair enough.Senior branch is required to cover NBN.NEWFM and WPL with full coverage before appointing referees to other football.Last weekend most ID football was on Saturday which left no junior branch referees available.The days of referees doing both days is long gone,some are prepared to referee both days but most with families not.How many players are required to be available both days each weekend

Only going of what a ref told us

i know they can be short at times but ive never seen it this bad before, for no one in our league or the below leagues to have a ref and ZPL only getting 2 officials on the weekend has to be a bit of a worry going forward

Buddha
16-04-2013, 04:59 PM
Bon surely only paying $1.90 to get a headerI'll go 7 dollars says the ball hits him and goes in

Youaskedforit
16-04-2013, 08:26 PM
I'm backing Bon to collect the ball on the eighteen , beat four Motown boys as he's flicking his locks, nutmeg the fifth, rainbow the sixth , do a ronaldo on the seventh, nutmeg player eight and nine , run over the top of ten and hit it from thirty yards out in to the top corner and burn a hole in the back of the net ........ Only to work out he's going the other way :)

outsider
16-04-2013, 10:24 PM
Only going of what a ref told us

i know they can be short at times but ive never seen it this bad before, for no one in our league or the below leagues to have a ref and ZPL only getting 2 officials on the weekend has to be a bit of a worry going forward

Just got this weeks appointments.Only one ID ground doesnt have referees-all ZPL grounds have 3 appointed and other ID games have 2 with some coming from the junior branches.This is as at today-may change according to availability

Hiratio_Hufnagel
16-04-2013, 11:39 PM
Just got this weeks appointments.Only one ID ground doesnt have referees-all ZPL grounds have 3 appointed and other ID games have 2 with some coming from the junior branches.This is as at today-may change according to availability

"Lara Bingle"?

amishpanda
17-04-2013, 12:39 PM

Looking forward - is this expected to improve? Though some could argue that the Volunteers we are getting are actually of better quality.

I would hate to see this years comp. tarnished due to refereeing complaints and errors. The best way to manage the game is for the team captains to have an honest discussion with the referee to 'clarify the rules'. It may seem obvious, but an honest clarification of the handball rule (which part of the arm, accidental?), challenging from behind-shoulder to shoulder, studs, challenging in the air, challenging the keeper and even swearing can take a lot of the inconsistencies out of the game if the results are pre determined. I would trust any team in this comp. to play a fair game of football with the refereeing issues in mind (we do not believe that we are the future of all things great in Novacastrian football [looks at state league thread]).

So if this is the case captains, spend a couple of minutes with the ref before kickoff to set some standards.

outsider
17-04-2013, 01:00 PM
Looking forward - is this expected to improve? Though some could argue that the Volunteers we are getting are actually of better quality.

I would hate to see this years comp. tarnished due to refereeing complaints and errors. The best way to manage the game is for the team captains to have an honest discussion with the referee to 'clarify the rules'. It may seem obvious, but an honest clarification of the handball rule (which part of the arm, accidental?), challenging from behind-shoulder to shoulder, studs, challenging in the air, challenging the keeper and even swearing can take a lot of the inconsistencies out of the game if the results are pre determined. I would trust any team in this comp. to play a fair game of football with the refereeing issues in mind (we do not believe that we are the future of all things great in Novacastrian football [looks at state league thread]).

So if this is the case captains, spend a couple of minutes with the ref before kickoff to set some standards.

The best way to find out about the LAWS would be for clubs to go out and buy the Laws of the Game book and have a good read.The reason you are happy with volunteer referees is that you dont heap as much shit on them and are prepared to put up with more errors from them.Let me know if you dont want association referees and they can be used elsewhere.Each situation differs and there is difficult to deal with hypotheticals.The ideal situation would for the ID association to request a meeting between coaches and referees(as is done in federation)as a group to go through things together.The ball is in your court.Lets see what happens.

sharky21
17-04-2013, 01:44 PM
The best way to find out about the LAWS would be for clubs to go out and buy the Laws of the Game book and have a good read.
Maybe some of the refs going around should do the same. Because some of the refs getting around in th lower leagues are either not up to standard or have passed their use by date.
My question is do they have a standard they have to meet or is it if they pay there money and can blow a whistle they can get a gig??