Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

The Dreaded Keeper
21-07-2013, 06:15 PM
Mussy vs Uni.
Ressies.
Mussy 3 Uni 1
Firsts.
Mussy 4 Uni 3.

A mixed day for me personally. Scored a cracking volley in reserve grade, dropped a corner that got tapped in in firsts. Rubbish bit of keeping.
Also managed to shit myself a little about 10 mins in to ressies. Bloody tap-arse. Always hits you at the worst time.

namwob99
21-07-2013, 06:21 PM
A mixed day for me personally. Scored a cracking volley in reserve grade, dropped a corner that got tapped in in firsts. Rubbish bit of keeping.
Also managed to shit myself a little about 10 mins in to ressies. Bloody tap-arse. Always hits you at the worst time.
Definitely the best description of a performance I've ever read on here. Lol

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
21-07-2013, 07:30 PM
Charley v Jeso. Reggies 1-2 but didn't see a kick. Good win down on troops, again needing hand from a 50 y/o.

1sts 2-3. Well deserved win with a couple of uncharacteristic defensive mistakes giving Charley 2 1 on 1's which they converted well. That was all we gave them other than they being dangerous from corners. We should have scored a few more but was happy we kept fighting after they equalised twice.

A good win to get on a Sunday at their park, especially after they left Jeso Park with a point and took it to us earlier in the year with 10 men. Found them much more dangerous with previous formation to be honest.

Good day for Jeso bouncing back well from last week.

Drunken ranger
21-07-2013, 09:18 PM
Personal I think u should stay in reserve grade and learn to catch

The Dreaded Keeper
21-07-2013, 09:29 PM
Piss off Hunz!!! Hahahahaha.

Drunken ranger
22-07-2013, 01:11 PM
Not hunz

sharky21
22-07-2013, 03:39 PM
Tenambit V Mussy catch up game starts tomorrow night with res kicking off at 7 then will finish a week later with first kicking off also at 7.
I'm looking forward to this game to right some wrongs for me personally as last time out I copped 7 goals in res. I hopefully won't be letting that happen again but with more then the bare 11 and a few more games under my belt keen to make up for it.
I had the same thing with Olympic last Monday. had 6 put against me in game one and only one from the penalty spot in game to hoping to go one better.

TXK
22-07-2013, 05:53 PM
My take on Mussy vs. Uni:

Res 3-1 Mussy

Both sides short of players with us needing to call upon some of our U/17's and Uni, who were very short indeed, bringing a few of their All Age boys up and giving a handful of people two games on the day. The open period saw both teams battle for control in the middle of the park and possession turning over fairly frequently. Mussy probably had to two best chances in the early exchanges with on of our young midfielder's spraying the ball about 10 yards over the crossbar in a 1 on 1 with the keeper, and didn't he hear about that for the rest of the day! Shortly after another one of our young lads and our striker, would have been in perfectly for a 1 on 1 but his touch deserted him and the keeper had just about enough time to come and collect the ball at the strikers feet. We eventually broke through however with the ball popping just outside the 18 from a set piece i think, with our first grade keeper finishing on the volley with aplomb. I don't think the Uni keeper has seen it yet. About ten or so minutes later the midfielder who skied the earlier chance made amends and calmly slotted the ball home after a few neat 1 two's up the middle of the park with the striker. The score as 2-0 at half time but I felt that Uni were still well in the game and also had their chances. We lacked a real defensive style midfielder and our lines between defence and midfield were often too stretched and Uni took advantage of this space a few times but just couldn't put one away. They did eventually grab one however, which I didn't see as was getting ready for firsts and the game finished 3-1 with a dubious goal again from our first grade keeper, this time coming off his arm but nobody picked it up. 2-1 probably would have been a fairer result, I thought Uni did well to battle and really compete in the match considering how short they were and 3-1 blew the result out slightly. Our boys were ecstatic but after picking up only their second win of the season against the top dogs!

First 4-3 Mussy
What a game, and not for any really good reasons! First thing I will say is that was absolutely evident that we hadn't played a competitive match in four or so weeks and I believe Uni were the same boat, and it really showed. In the opening period of the game we were awful, couldn't string two passes together, most players touches were completely non-existant and match fitness was 0, which wasn't helped by a fairly boggy pitch in parts. I don't think Uni were as good as they were in the first round either, but considering their lack of squad depth on the day, they were doing a hell of a lot better than us and probably created the better of the chances in opening exchanges, culminating in a decent penalty shout in the top right corner of the 18. It's one of those shouts that I think definitely depends on your allegiances, I personally think it was the right call, I think the player was very quick to flop to the ground when when he was barely sneezed by a player half his size and weight, clearly looking for a penalty when he could have stayed on his feet. However if you are on the Uni side of the fence you would probably say he was pushed in the back and had no other option but to go to ground, and I'm not going to argue with them on that, they are more than entitled to their opinion on a call most ref's would flip a coin in their head and make the decision based on that. I wouldn't have argued the decision either way, but the only problem being this referee (and everyone knows who I'm talking about) has a long history of dubious decisions which we have also been on the wrong side of plenty as well.
Moving on from that call and we started to find our feet in the game and get some rhythm to our play. We had a decent chance from a build up coming from the back but our younger striker tried to chip the keeper from a ridiculous angle, whilst the goalie was still standing by the way, when he could have laid a square ball to the spot which would have left our other striker with the goal at his mercy. Not long after he had another 1 on 1 which was partly cleared but one of our midfielder's was following up and chipped it neatly into the far corner to open the scoring. The lead didn't last long however with one of Uni's midfielders finding himself in his own postcode on the edge of the box, collecting the ball completely unmarked and very much onside, proceeding to dink the keeper and finish to draw level. Was purely disgraceful defending on our part and tidy work from that midfielder to exploit the space. We took the lead again before half time with a really good team goal, starting with our CB playing to our LWB moving the ball across the midfield then up the right wing and ending with our younger striker skinning 1 or 2 before finding the back of the net.
Second half we came out firing scoring pretty well straight off the kick-off, our RWB smashing a volley in from a tight angle outside the 18 catching Uni, and most of our boys to be honest. very much off guard. I thought we would close out the game from there to be honest, especailly with Uni being short, but it seemed our match fitness and mental sharpness and Uni's willingness to battle proved me other wise. An absolutely awful piece of defending from our youngest CB and myself on the right let Uni into the box to lay a ball into the 6 yard box and give them a tap in finish. Our young player was totally a classed on that occasion but having been out for 8 weeks with injury and coming straight back in, he can be forgiven, I on the other hand have no excuses, should no better. This gave Uni some hope and they continued to push and were on top in the game. I made a sub and brought on the "quickest man alive according to the forum" :rof: to inject some life into our attack and as he is also coming back from a long injury lay-off, and it looked to pay off. We started creating chances again and really should have finished a couple, but Uni pegged us back again after counter attack. The ensuing corner resulting in The Dreaded Keeper's aforementioned howler and to be honest due to their hard work and not giving up, and our absolutely horrendous defending, Uni would have been worth the draw. However straight off the kick-off three of our players 1 two'd up the pitch with our quick striker using his pace to his advantage and slotting home a quite tidy finish. We created a few more really good chance of which should have been taken but the score stayed 4-3.

Definitely not a game for the purists, I honestly believe our 1-0 win at Ray Watt earlier in the season saw both teams playing far better football, but an entertaining match at the end of the day. Credit to Uni, made the trip with a very depleted squad and nearly went home with point, and I don't think I could have begrudged them that as they kept working hard and we continually shot ourselves in the foot with defensive errors and poor finishing. Very happy to have ground out the 3 points but, let the rest of the league no we still exist :tongue: and finally get some game time after so long with out kicking a ball in anger!

On another note cheers to the Uni guys that came back to our club, was great to have you back there and you are an absolute bunch of legends to hang out and have a beer with after the game. Will definitely return the favour for you guys next season, its good to form decent relationships with other clubs.

Apologies for the essay, don't really expect anyone to read the whole thing but I did quite enjoy writing it.

TXK
22-07-2013, 05:56 PM
Tenambit V Mussy catch up game starts tomorrow night with res kicking off at 7 then will finish a week later with first kicking off also at 7.
I'm looking forward to this game to right some wrongs for me personally as last time out I copped 7 goals in res. I hopefully won't be letting that happen again but with more then the bare 11 and a few more games under my belt keen to make up for it.
I had the same thing with Olympic last Monday. had 6 put against me in game one and only one from the penalty spot in game to hoping to go one better.

You were unlucky last time mate. Our top 1st Grade striker for the last 15 odd years played ressies that game as he had only registered three or four days before hand so I had him in res to pick up some match fitness and grab his spot back in firsts. 3 goals and 4 assists later, I think he well and truly earned his spot in 1st Grade back.

Swanky
22-07-2013, 09:47 PM

Is there any other games this week

sharky21
23-07-2013, 07:43 AM
You were unlucky last time mate. Our top 1st Grade striker for the last 15 odd years played ressies that game as he had only registered three or four days before hand so I had him in res to pick up some match fitness and grab his spot back in firsts. 3 goals and 4 assists later, I think he well and truly earned his spot in 1st Grade back.
Ah that would explain how a res grade striker can finish so well and look as tho he ment everything he did.
So hopefully I won't be seeing him line up against me again tonight then lol.

pastor399
23-07-2013, 09:55 AM
Mitch is so silky on the ball, I felt bad after our collision on a corner when he went off straight after. Yeah it is Robbie, I was giving him a hell of a time about it the whole game, he even has the sweat bands, same haircut, took a couple of sneaky dives and wore the same boots for christs sake! I think in a 3-5-2 with his athletic abilities and knack for getting past people out wide he could play a decent wingback, would definitely have to work a bit harder defensively but is really good getting forward up that flank.

I'm not sure on ressies, I have only seen the first half of each game as I've been getting ready for firsts in the second and most of the time Mussy is getting beaten so I haven't been in the best of moods. Uni, Hamo and Westlakes are my stand outs sprinkled with a couple of Jeso players. Might have to think a bit more about that one and then put up a ressies team....

Muzz is incorrect, it was not Mitch in fact you are referring to our french import Ben, it is hard to believe it is actually his first season playing 11v11 outdoor, all those years playing 5v5 / 6v6 in Marseille developed an amazing touch and not to mention he is incredibly fast, maybe the fastest in the league. And he only recently came back from that injury, went on holidays, and injured himself again on the weekend :(

TXK
23-07-2013, 11:34 AM
Muzz is incorrect, it was not Mitch in fact you are referring to our french import Ben, it is hard to believe it is actually his first season playing 11v11 outdoor, all those years playing 5v5 / 6v6 in Marseille developed an amazing touch and not to mention he is incredibly fast, maybe the fastest in the league. And he only recently came back from that injury, went on holidays, and injured himself again on the weekend :(

Yeh we figured out at the Club after the game it was actually Ben. He is unreal, rate hime very highly but have only seen him play about 30 mins of football due to the injuries he has picked up.

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
23-07-2013, 01:24 PM
Jesmond v Westlakes re-scheduled for Tuesday July 30 at Jesmond Park, 6 30pm and 8pm (at this stage) although looking to get firsts put back 10 or 15 mins. My mistake. Association been notified who are in turn notifying referees etc.

Hopefully the weather stays favourable.

sharky21
24-07-2013, 08:03 AM
Tenambit V Mussy (res)
0-4
It was yet again another busy night for myself and the four blokes in my back line.
As Mussy simply out played as for 97% of the game we did have a few moments here and there were if we could finish we could have grabbed a goal or two and at those points in the game would have made the score close. But if I'm honest it would have been undeserving.
Out played out enthused and out classed Mussy well and truly were worthy winners.

pv4
24-07-2013, 08:15 AM
Jesmond v Westlakes re-scheduled for Tuesday July 30 at Jesmond Park, 6 30pm and 8pm (at this stage) although looking to get firsts put back 10 or 15 mins. My mistake. Association been notified who are in turn notifying referees etc.

You want firsts to kick off later than 8? I thought the federation said the latest game they'd allow is 8. An 8pm kickoff is late enough as-is IMO! If both grades can't be fit on one night, may as well do a Tenambit v Mussy and play it over two nights.

TXK
24-07-2013, 12:25 PM
Tenambit V Mussy (res)
0-4
It was yet again another busy night for myself and the four blokes in my back line.
As Mussy simply out played as for 97% of the game we did have a few moments here and there were if we could finish we could have grabbed a goal or two and at those points in the game would have made the score close. But if I'm honest it would have been undeserving.
Out played out enthused and out classed Mussy well and truly were worthy winners.

Pretty fair assessment here Sharky. As I said to you last night, I thought you played a really good game and if not for your efforts between the sticks the score could have blown out a lot more! On the night, our pace up front and in the wide areas was the difference with Tenambit's backline seemingly chasing shadows most of the night. And that's not having a go either, I don't enjoy chasing a few of our young boys myself at training! One of our boys in particular should have put a few away but, don't really have any complaints about the performance and the result, especially when we were fielding a very makeshift backline.
Quick thanks to Tenambit, everyone from the ground official, to the players, coach and even supporters were very welcoming and pleasant to deal with. The game was played in the right spirit, a few robust challenges from both teams, but they were infrequent and held no malice. Cheers to Tenambit for enjoyable night of football and hope for the same again next Tuesday.

sharky21
24-07-2013, 03:04 PM
Pretty fair assessment here Sharky. As I said to you last night, I thought you played a really good game and if not for your efforts between the sticks the score could have blown out a lot more! On the night, our pace up front and in the wide areas was the difference with Tenambit's backline seemingly chasing shadows most of the night. And that's not having a go either, I don't enjoy chasing a few of our young boys myself at training! One of our boys in particular should have put a few away but, don't really have any complaints about the performance and the result, especially when we were fielding a very makeshift backline.
Quick thanks to Tenambit, everyone from the ground official, to the players, coach and even supporters were very welcoming and pleasant to deal with. The game was played in the right spirit, a few robust challenges from both teams, but they were infrequent and held no malice. Cheers to Tenambit for enjoyable
night of football and hope for the same again next Tuesday.

Yeah our back line isn't really built for speed lol
And I guess all I'm really doing in goals is my job of pulling my team out of the shit we get ourselves into but of late it seems to be happening far to often that I need to make a number of saves per game to keep it sort of respectable which I'm happy to do as long as I'm making those saves. But it does become frustrating when I punt the ball up the park for it only to come straight back in my direction.

the_butcher
24-07-2013, 07:28 PM
Tenambit V Mussy (res)
0-4

Was keen to watch a bit of live footy on a Tuesday night so I headed out to watch this match. You pretty much hit the nail on the head in your summation.

No offence to your blokes but why you're playing in that team i'll never know. Are you normally the first grade keeper? You're well and truly a class above and pulled off a series of top notch saves last night.

sharky21
24-07-2013, 09:56 PM
Was keen to watch a bit of live footy on a Tuesday night so I headed out to watch this match. You pretty much hit the nail on the head in your summation.

No offence to your blokes but why you're playing in that team i'll never know. Are you normally the first grade keeper? You're well and truly a class above and pulled off a series of top notch saves last night.
Cheers mate. Iv been in res all year bar rnd 1 when our first grade keeper was away. Up until the last trial game I was an on field first grade defender. But lack of a second keeper and ongoing knee issues I took the gloves back up. First four rounds I was doing res keeper and first on field. But from then on I have been in res doing what I can to play first. after a 7-0 & a 6-1 score line against me iv really knuckled down to put pressure on our first grade keeper. and will just have to wait and see what happens.

pv4
24-07-2013, 11:31 PM
Like I said after our game sharky - your firsts keeper seemed to struggle with holding onto the ball. Tbh I didn't get to see you in action though.

sharky21
25-07-2013, 11:42 AM
Like I said after our game sharky - your firsts keeper seemed to struggle with holding onto the ball. Tbh I didn't get to see you in action though.
My game against ur mob was along with medowie was a quieter night for me ( no disrespect to ur team at all) Just with the amount of work iv had to do in all the other games from round (i think) 6 onwards it seemed an easy night for me. ( which we still lost lol)

Swanky
27-07-2013, 07:02 PM
Uni - Olympic
Res 1-1
1st 2-1

newie4eva
27-07-2013, 08:08 PM
Medowie v Merewether

1st 5-2 Medowie
Ressies 2-2

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
27-07-2013, 08:40 PM
Jeso v Tenambit.

Reggies 3-2. Good effort from Tenambit who kept going and made us nervous.

1sts 4-0. Could have been anything but for a combination of some wasteful finishing and good shot stopping from their gk, some of which were somewhat fortunate but nonetheless, he positioned himself very well.

Played in good spirit, ref I've not seen before who did pretty well over the day.

mrpewterschmidt
27-07-2013, 08:51 PM
Charlestown v Westlakes
Reserves 2-1
Firsts 4-1

Great double to Charlie against an, I'm assuming, understrength westlakes.

true waterboy
27-07-2013, 09:33 PM
Charlestown v Westlakes
Reserves 2-1
Firsts 4-1

Great double to Charlie against an, I'm assuming, understrength westlakes.
Ressies was an interesting game. Charlie all over us in the first and went in 2-0 up. Second half we were all over them and probs unlucky not to get a draw.

Firsts was 1-1 at half time which reflected the game at that time. Charlie were then to good and dominated the second.
It wasn't that weak of a side we put forward. Defence was mostly ressies but I thought we lost it in the mids today. Few players coming bak from long holidays and it showed. But Charlie also played some good football.

On a side note I thought the refs did a great job. Good to see some younger refs out there and thought they got it right the majority of the time

mrpewterschmidt
27-07-2013, 09:43 PM
Reserve grade back line and players returning from holidays of course. Where was the infamous Big Dunc? Whoever played up front was awfully quiet

true waterboy
27-07-2013, 09:47 PM
U can Beleive wat u like it's still facts. U would of noticed three of our backs play a full game of ressies so I'm not lying.

Anyways I never used that as an excuse as I said we lost it in the midfield

nosmackjustfact
27-07-2013, 10:48 PM
The fact....
Clinical display from the hammers at hammer stadium.midfield were too strong and controlled the game guys up front took their chances and the guys at the back did a great job keeping the famous guy upfront quiet.all in all dominated.hats off to the west lakes player one of the best oggies ive seen.30 yard header.
Hammers win easily.

true waterboy
27-07-2013, 11:15 PM
True and if u bothered to actually read my original post u would see I agree lol

roundballsarebetter
28-07-2013, 01:49 AM
Pv4
westlakes (zl2, will be zl1 after this upcoming season) have kept the same coaching staff.

Gotta lol at the o-confidence @ december last year ( this was posted in the zl1 forum).

leftrightout
28-07-2013, 06:39 PM
Pv4
westlakes (zl2, will be zl1 after this upcoming season) have kept the same coaching staff.

Gotta lol at the o-confidence @ december last year ( this was posted in the zl1 forum).

I know the Westlakes guys have a rep for making excuses and stuff but I think this one was a bit of humour. I really don't think it was an overly serious comment! Talking themselves up in a banter kind of way!

You have gone to a lot of trouble finding that comment though! Haha

a-gunners
28-07-2013, 07:15 PM
Westlakes r usually quality but last night were far from Charlestown played hard and took there chances the difference was Charlie captain not giving westlakes midfield any time on the ball and Charlie's strikers one creating plenty and the other putting away his half chances

pv4
30-07-2013, 11:03 PM
Jesmond v westlakes

Reserves 1-0
Firsts 2-5

Westlakes 1sts striker plays first ever senior game in goals :rof:
5 players playing two games :rof:
jesmond claiming westlakes were so hard done by at 2-0 :rof:
:rof:
:oops:

Jesmond line up minor premiership... AAAAAAND it's gone :rof:

Carn muddlebrook eagles :rof:

The Dreaded Keeper
30-07-2013, 11:29 PM
Hahahaha, pv4. Loves the wind-up!!!

pv4
31-07-2013, 10:09 AM
All this without our coach :rof:

Hahahaha, pv4. Loves the wind-up!!!

Just waiting for the bite :rof:

Worth noting that Jesmond have scored three goals against Westlakes this year - two of which have been goal line controversy goals. I didn't get a good look at the one last night (from where I was it seemed like a goal, but I wasn't close enough), but two Westlakes players swear it didn't cross the line. Similar story for the one in round 1.

true waterboy
31-07-2013, 10:21 AM

Worth noting that Jesmond have scored three goals against Westlakes this year - two of which have been goal line controversy goals. I didn't get a good look at the one last night (from where I was it seemed like a goal, but I wasn't close enough), but two Westlakes players swear it didn't cross the line. Similar story for the one in round 1.

the one last nite looked 50/50 from where i was on the bench but as u said those around the ball said it didnt cross the line and the linesman agreed with them.
the one in the first round was clear no goal.
and it also happened in our away game against them last year when a club linesman overruled the ref to allow a goal on the line, tho i think it was the right call this time.

TXK
31-07-2013, 10:27 AM
Tenambit 1
Mussy 5

Great win by the Eagles last night at Beryl Humble. Mussy started very nervy and Tenambit started very well, not letting us settle on the ball in the middle of the park and put us under some early pressure. We weathered the early storm but and managed to get a foothold in the game and from then there was not turning back. Started playing some really nice football out from the back, working it across the backline and created a few chances from the wide areas. Got the break-through goal eventually from a cut-back finding a late run from a midfielder who slotted it. Won a penalty not long after that but was saved by the keeper, penalties are becoming a bit of a Gypo type hoodoo for us at the minute, nearly worth sending the Dreaded Keeper up there for a crack, not until I've slotted one and got off the nud run but ;) Created a few more chances before half-time, hit the post with one which I have been informed got a slight touch from the keeper, and if that is the case was a really top save! Half time 1-0 to the Brook.

Second half we came out firing controlling play early on and pinching the second goal. The ref then spent 15-20 minutes trying his absolutel best to spoil a decent game of football, leaving players on both sides scratching their heads at some of his calls. This suited Tenambit slightly more than us but, with most of the calls going their way and they had a few decent set piece opportunities. They eventually got a goal, which was a very tidy piece of work from their skipper. Our striker claimed after the game "lazy defending" but being close to incident, my opinion is it was just quality. The touch to turn our defender was unreal, and he slotted it calmly with our keep charging out at him. Our CB was done by a good bit of skill, as if he was marking the guy any tighter, it would have been a pen. Have to feel for a Tenambit a bit as that just seemed to stir up the hornets nest. After letting them back in at 2-1 and the poor spell we had, we got control of the game once again and our striker put 3 more away to make it 4 for him on the night (could have been 5 if not for the pen). Stoked about the result and a much, much improved performance on Uni. Happy days here up the valley!!

TXK
31-07-2013, 10:30 AM

It's all very quiet over there at Jesmond Park.... :whistling:

TXK
31-07-2013, 11:34 AM
In all seriousness but, it's going to be a very tight finish for a lot of teams. Ithink this is correct...
Jesmond: Uni (H), Merewether (H) A possible 6 points up for grabs, which if they win both, will hope it's enough to close out the minor premiership and promotion.
Mussy: Merewether (H), Medowie (H), Merwether (A, mid-week), Charlestown (A), Hamilton (A). A few games in hand yes, but would honestly rather points on the board. Definitely tough games ahead especially Charlestown and Hamilton away. Medowie seem to be causing a few problems for the top end at the moment as well.
Westlakes: Tenambit (H), Uni (A) Will be looking to seal their place in the finals with these two games, but on current form who knows which way it will go. Will most likely be spurred on by last nights big win this weekend, but Uni next weekend could prove a tricky customer.
Hamilton: Merewether (A), Muswellbrook (H) Will also be looking to seal a finals spot with these two games and as everyone knows are a very quality team and capable of beating anyone in the league. I'd assume they would love to rain on our parade as well.
Medowie and Charlestown both still with all to play for as well. If they keep winning their games and other results go their way as well, we could be looking at one of them making a late surge for the finals. I see Uni having a bit of say in the final standings as well and they are definitely not to be taken lightly. As I said, absolutely everything to play for at the business end of the season and should be a very exciting final few weeks. Looking forward to it!

Premy
31-07-2013, 11:48 AM
How would Jesmond or Muswelbrook go fielding a 3rd grade side next year?

dingdong
31-07-2013, 01:20 PM
did westlakes put in a red hot performance or were jeso a bit off last night ?

true waterboy
31-07-2013, 01:44 PM
did westlakes put in a red hot performance or were jeso a bit off last night ?

Westlakes were great last nite.
Basically all ressies defence no keeper and played great.
Jesmond got to 2-0 up and started the trash talk and were pretty happy with themselves. That stopped after we went into the break 3-2 up. Jesmond were on top a little after the break but couldn't break our ressies and then we got one on the counter and controlled the last 30 min

pv4
31-07-2013, 03:03 PM
It'd be good to hear a jesmond point of view on how they were compared to normal tbh. Most people I've spoken to from most other clubs in zl2 haven't really rated jesmond too highly, and I think their low injury toll & general grind have gotten them more points than anything else.

I rate Law (?) and the small number 8 (was that goal last night intentional lol?) but tbh I've seen not much else from them. Their reserves keeper is much better than their firsts imo.

Happy to be slammed for my opinion though

dingdong
31-07-2013, 05:05 PM
It'd be good to hear a jesmond point of view on how they were compared to normal tbh. Most people I've spoken to from most other clubs in zl2 haven't really rated jesmond too highly, and I think their low injury toll & general grind have gotten them more points than anything else.

I rate Law (?) and the small number 8 (was that goal last night intentional lol?) but tbh I've seen not much else from them. Their reserves keeper is much better than their firsts imo.

Happy to be slammed for my opinion though

i agree, but then again, they are coming 1st so it doesn't say too much about the rest of us. lol

Ram Raider
31-07-2013, 06:58 PM
Jesmond v Westlakes.

1st Grade.

Disappointing for us to say the least.

We saved probably our worst performance (bar Tenambit) for the best performance by an opposition team. If the Westlakes that turned up last night turn up for the rest of the year they will give this a real shake. If the Jesmond that turned up last night turn up the rest of the year might as well give our semi spot to someone else.

Game started at a frantic pace and early goal to us against the run of play followed by another from a corner (keeper/lights issue/ poor defending) gave us a false impression we were the better team. Then the reality hit. First Westlakes goal was a little unfortunate with the keeper diving to save a ball that was going wide and pushing straight into path of their striker/ midfielder who finished well. 2 minutes later big striker fired over from the 6 yard box with an empty net and about 3 minutes later spilt ball from keeper (lights again) straight to their striker and 2-2. About 5 later poor decision making with 2 defenders rushing to big Dunc leaving other striker unmarked. 2-3 to the bad guys. Half continued on along that theme of Westlakes dominating both possession and field position.

2nd half we came out and for around 10 minutes actually looked like we had woken up with a few shots blocked by desperate defenders and a few shots going just wide. 4th goal came around 15 in when defence pulled apart by the midfield leaving dunc 1 on 1 with keeper. 5th goal a comedy of airswings with about 5 in total (3 Jesmond and 2 Westlakes) before tapped in at back stick. In all honesty if both teams had on there shooting boots could of ended about 15 - 9 and not to us.

Was really impressed with both strikers and the centre midfielders from Westlakes. Was really unimpressed with the lights at Jesmond Park and some of the ridiculous cards given out to both sides for basically sliding 5 metres from players. Ref was consistent with a few strange rulings but fair both ways.

In all scoreline reflected Westlakes dominance. And just for coincidence, last time Jesmond lead a comp and looked like running away with it Westlakes turned up on a Tuesday night in 2007 and cost us that one too. (also lead that game 2-0).

Reserve Grade was a better night for us with the win putting us in with a good chance making the Semi's.

true waterboy
31-07-2013, 07:31 PM
yeah the lights were pretty poor last night but thats not what caused the second goal. It was a mixture of a good cross and a striker playing his first game as keeper

agreed that the ref gave rediculous cards. i think there was maybe 1 to each side that could of deserved a card but bit of a joke when one of our players got a yellow card for unsportmanlike conduct when he starred at a player after he was fouled lol.
you know its a great ref when even the linesman doesnt know what half the cards were for

Robbery
31-07-2013, 08:49 PM
If the lights are that bad in your opinion you could perhaps play the night games at Heaton as the lights are definitely heaps better......council did put newer better globes in too last week so it was actually better than what has been played under for the past couple of years. Conditions are the same for both teams which is the main thing.

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
31-07-2013, 09:22 PM
This is as close as you will get to a "bite" from me as I'm happy to respond to a few points above and disagree on some, even with the opinion of those from within Jesmond.

Firstly, yes we were not good last night. At times this year, our defence as a team has gotten us away with a win when our attack as a team has been off. Vice versa, the opposite has resulted in us getting the chocolates too. Last night, both were off and hence we got our pants pulled down. We are not silly enough to think that at 2-0 we were playing Westlakes off the park because we weren't hitting any real heights and in truth, neither team did. Both goals tad lucky to put as ahead. Both teams if play anything like that will be cannon fodder for the likes of Mussy and Olympic come semi final time.

We hit the post which would have been 3-0 then had an awful 10 mins or so when conceded 3, hence down 2-3 at h/t. We missed a heap of chances, many of which were quite easy. Twice these misses were compounded by defensive mistakes at the other end within seconds which resulted in goals. There's a 4 goal turnaround just there. Although Westlakes did miss one sitter, we missed probably 6 and a few other half chances. As mentioned above, being poor at both ends on one night sees the inevitable result.

To say Westlakes "controlled" the final 30 minutes is puzzling at best. Sure as we pushed on they scored but the chances would have fallen to us 3:1. That's not controlling a game, rather being part of an extremely open game whereby your opposition didn't capitalise. I would like to ask if this comment was from a player on the pitch, reserve grader or official??? To say you played "great" well I'll leave that to you. Any time a team allows the amount of chances that both teams were gifted last night, I would be hesitant to say either played great but that's a matter of opinion.

Re: our injury situation. The truth is although we haven't been decimated, we have had our top side to choose from only against Merewether. We just choose not to cry poor and simply bring the next best player in and get on with it. Some have cemented 1st grade spots as a result.

Thanks for your thoughts on our keeper situation, it's been noted and dismissed foe what it is. We have 2 exceptional keepers (only one plays) and a young bloke who is going great guns and will be a 'keeper of first grade quality very soon if keeps improving at this rate. This will be music to the ears of the other pair as one is a "misunderstood" striker and the other has already declared wants to be on the cans by 3pm in 2014.

Most only see opposition players twice a year and I think you need to see a little more to form an educated opinion as mistakes and blinders are considered the norm if that's all you've seen. That's why blokes tend to rate players at their own club, because they see them every week and at training. We have many players I'd hate to be without, all over the park and of different ages. Some have got mention on here and some have not. One will more than likely return to the starting lineuip this week after a coach-imposed benching for poor discipline.

I'm not going to comment on our performances and goals as have tried to give a balanced opinion post match after wins, draws and losses so would be just re-hashing. I've had very few arguments, so that may be an indication that what I put forward is at the very least an attempt at a true reflection of events.

Yes we could field a third grade in 2014 but that looks to be Mussy right now with their games in hand. If so you wont hear me complaining or crying poor and will be happy to send congrats. Likewise we wont declare us certainties for 2014 should Mussy get there and opt to take the promotion.

Banter on gameday is just that and is great, but continually carrying on and crying poor on here just gets boring and one thing that is worse is bad winners. Can't you just be happy to take the points? Some need to remember that you are in a fairly direct way representing your club on here.

Anyway, congrats to Westlakes, always thought that you can be very dangerous and need to be respected which you showed going forward last night. Hopefully we can get going again on Saturday as 2 weeks off after that isn't much fun. Pick at what you wish from the above....

true waterboy
31-07-2013, 09:59 PM
Always good to hear the other side of game. Also interesting that players within the same team have differing views.

TBH i dont think there is much difference the teams at the top of the table (jeso, mussy, hamo, us and charlie) with medoewie also quiet competative and pushing for finals. Makes me a bit suprised to hear that you recon that neither side playing like last nite would be not competitive against the others that are competing for the final.

pv4
31-07-2013, 10:43 PM
This is I think the first I've actually commented on the actual quality/events of the actual game, but tbh I thought with 20 to go jesmond looked like they had just given up.

I didn't think as a whole westlakes were "great" but the effort in the context was phenomenal, given the lack of numbers.

Sorry if I got the injury numbers wrong - one of your first graders told me the other day that apart from your sweeper injuring himself (I hope it wasn't because of the state of the field at JP :rof: lol) you guys had an injury free season

pv4
31-07-2013, 11:07 PM
And in regards to the keepers, I'm not sure which are which you're referring to but imo your best keeper is the green shirt one who played reserves last night and firsts in round one - he is phenomenal. Literally saved reserves two points last night near the end.

Jesmond_sweeper
31-07-2013, 11:28 PM
Jesmond park and I are one. It dare not hurt me ever. After having time to read all the posts regarding our game I just want to make a few points. Firstly bombing a 2 goal lead is poor. Conceding 5 is unacceptable and so is racially abusing one of our players. Banter on the field is part of the game but there is a line and it was crossed. Our performance wasn't even close to how good we can play, we are not happy about it and we know there is work to do before September. Full credit to the bad guys, didn't drop when went 2 down and followed it up with 3 quick goals which really knocked us out. 2 more and the night was over. However a coach once said to me there is only one thing worst then a sore loser and that's a sore/bad winner. On a positive for us it's good to see the reaction from this mob who were/are clearly stoked to have beaten us because when we beat them we weren't even interested in trying to get a bite from anyone, on here carrying on like spoilt brats. We celebrated, enjoyed it just like any other win. But come the next day it was already mind on the next job/game. Couldn't care less, 3 points in the bag. I haven't seen this reaction from westlake after any of their other wins this season so we see that as a positive that you guys are this happy to have got the chocolates. Would of preferred the 3 points but every cloud has a silver lining or some shit like that. Again full credit to the baddies. 3 points deserved.

keeper20
01-08-2013, 12:21 AM
iam not affiliated with any club in this division but i always enjoy reading ramsbelong@jesmondpark posts after they play!seems to call it good or bad!un like some other posts on here!

pv4
01-08-2013, 07:57 AM
For the record I approached the westlakes player about the incident and he said he called your player a grub, the jesmond player asked him to repeat it which the westlakes player did, and then he didn't take kindly to it. I'm fully against racism also, but can confirm the jesmond player took a comment completely out of context and overreacted. It was a much softer sledge than I heard on and off the field anyway. So move along, nothing to see here on that occasion

sutho
01-08-2013, 08:36 AM
Westlakes were great last nite.
Basically all ressies defence no keeper and played great.
Jesmond got to 2-0 up and started the trash talk and were pretty happy with themselves. That stopped after we went into the break 3-2 up. Jesmond were on top a little after the break but couldn't break our ressies and then we got one on the counter and controlled the last 30 min
Sack 1st grade and play ressies in 1sts

true waterboy
01-08-2013, 09:41 AM
Sack 1st grade and play ressies in 1sts

Unfortunately being outplayed by medowie and charlie i think us ressies have a bit to go before playing regular first grade but we definately showed our potential against jesmond with a solid team effort.
With a few more games under their belt id say a few of the younger guys will have a good chance of playing regularly.

true waterboy
01-08-2013, 09:50 AM
Jesmond park and I are one. It dare not hurt me ever. After having time to read all the posts regarding our game I just want to make a few points. Firstly bombing a 2 goal lead is poor. Conceding 5 is unacceptable and so is racially abusing one of our players. Banter on the field is part of the game but there is a line and it was crossed. Our performance wasn't even close to how good we can play, we are not happy about it and we know there is work to do before September. Full credit to the bad guys, didn't drop when went 2 down and followed it up with 3 quick goals which really knocked us out. 2 more and the night was over. However a coach once said to me there is only one thing worst then a sore loser and that's a sore/bad winner. On a positive for us it's good to see the reaction from this mob who were/are clearly stoked to have beaten us because when we beat them we weren't even interested in trying to get a bite from anyone, on here carrying on like spoilt brats. We celebrated, enjoyed it just like any other win. But come the next day it was already mind on the next job/game. Couldn't care less, 3 points in the bag. I haven't seen this reaction from westlake after any of their other wins this season so we see that as a positive that you guys are this happy to have got the chocolates. Would of preferred the 3 points but every cloud has a silver lining or some shit like that. Again full credit to the baddies. 3 points deserved.

As far as im concerned its pretty poor to claim racial abuse, as pv4 said your player was called a grub, and as far as I know its never been a racist comment especially when playing a game.
As for being poor winners, all ive said was that we played great, much like charlestown wrote after our game saturday and I agreed with the majority of their comments.
Credit to ram raider for giving a fair unbiased report.

The Dreaded Keeper
03-08-2013, 06:23 PM
The early news on the Jesmond vs Uni game is a lucky 3-2 win to Jesmond. I say lucky because apparently Uni had a goal disallowed as it "Didn't cross the line", where as spectators actually thought the Jeso goalkeeper was trawling for soccer balls it was surrounded by so much net. Time will tell.

Very interested in the wrap-ups.....

JimJam
03-08-2013, 07:39 PM
We couldn't see it too well from the bench but we definitely saw the net rustle as the ball touched it, definitely surprised it wasnt a goal...Once again the lack of linesman plays its part. Was a good game though, both sides played really well, went down the wire with heaps of pressure from uni.

JimJam
03-08-2013, 07:46 PM
Oh and ressies...Uni 2-1 Jesmond

Jesmond went 1 up about 10 minutes in - Good shot from bout 25 yards out that hit the underside of the cross-bar, bounced without going over the line and landed in front of a jesmond striker to tap it in. After that was a super close game, well fought by both sides.
Uni came out and dominated second half, although Jesmond were threatening on the counter. Uni kept pushing and eventually got the equaliser though an awesome goal from Itsmuz...then with about 5 or so to go, Our super striker Martin headed in over the keeper.

Felt like a semi already with the intensity. Going to be a close finals!

true waterboy
03-08-2013, 07:51 PM
Cats v tennambit
Res 3-0
Firsts 5-2
Heard a few complaints from tennambit players n coaches about the ref n club linesman but considering the ref disallowed a goal for a player saying here n both club linesman disallowing another goal each I think we can say it was pretty fair.
Both Sharks keepers played really well. Saved a heap of goals

Incognito mosquito
03-08-2013, 07:54 PM
Westlakes vs Tenambit
Ressies 3-0
Plenty of possession for the cats tenambit only fielding 10 I'm led to believe, they rallied really hard and made it difficult to finish chances.

Firsts 5-2
Both sides had players back up more so tenambit I believe. Cats went up 1-0 early with a shot deflecting of the post and falling at the feet of dunc for a tap in. Went to the break 2-1. Second half tenambit got a goal back to make it 2-2 and were really starting to put pressure on. Then with about 15 to go the game really opened up through so tired legs and westlakes ran away with it.

Credit to tenambit they showed up and really gave us a good run for our money.

sharky21
03-08-2013, 08:06 PM
yes we did only have ten including our first grade keeper and one fill in from an all age team.
I didn't hang around after the game wasn't too well liked within my own team to say the least.
But I personally had no beef with the club officials they actually called it how they saw it so no complaint with them. the ref however was well I dnt think iv ever seen him do a decent job yet. But still he had no part in our loss today

true waterboy
03-08-2013, 08:19 PM
yes we did only have ten including our first grade keeper and one fill in from an all age team.
I didn't hang around after the game wasn't too well liked within my own team to say the least.
But I personally had no beef with the club officials they actually called it how they saw it so no complaint with them. the ref however was well I dnt think iv ever seen him do a decent job yet. But still he had no part in our loss today

Are you the first grade keeper?
I saw a massive melt down late in the game. looked like two of your players nearly had a biff. What happened there?
tbh i thought ur first grade keeper was the best player on the park for you guys in ressies.

sharky21
03-08-2013, 08:33 PM
Are you the first grade keeper?
I saw a massive melt down late in the game. looked like two of your players nearly had a biff. What happened there?
tbh i thought ur first grade keeper was the best player on the park for you guys in ressies.
nah I'm the bloke who caused the nearly biff by going of my head.
All he was doing was trying to calm me down but I had already lost the plot and embarrassed my self. I'm the res grade keeper.
And yes he was outstanding in res he has played on the field once before at mussy and got best on park for that game also.

Cabaye#4
03-08-2013, 08:39 PM
Res: CCB 0-1 Medowie;
1sts: CCB 1-0 Medowie;

true waterboy
03-08-2013, 08:50 PM
nah I'm the bloke who caused the nearly biff by going of my head.
All he was doing was trying to calm me down but I had already lost the plot and embarrassed my self. I'm the res grade keeper.
And yes he was outstanding in res he has played on the field once before at mussy and got best on park for that game also.
ahh kk, sorry to hear. was definately a strange situation. I was the coaches box side linesman and had no idea where it came from. hopefully u can sort it out at training.
u had a good game in ressies tho. definately had alot of action down your end. our shooting wasnt crash hot but still made some good saves

sharky21
03-08-2013, 09:13 PM
ahh kk, sorry to hear. was definately a strange situation. I was the coaches box side linesman and had no idea where it came from. hopefully u can sort it out at training.
u had a good game in ressies tho. definately had alot of action down your end. our shooting wasnt crash hot but still made some good saves

All will be good I will get a well deserved arse kicking at training.

It was strange in res first half u guys were taking ur shots and I had to make a few saves. then in the second half u guys knocked it around our 18 (nicely I might add) but didn't seem to want to shoot and when u did it was rushed.
But in saying that u guys did get two goals in that half so obviously the change worked.

pv4
03-08-2013, 09:37 PM
:rof: in the second half of reserves our guys were looking for excuses not to score :rof:

Totally forgot to introduce myself sharky, my bad. I was even talking to you guys between games and everything

sharky21
03-08-2013, 09:54 PM
:rof: in the second half of reserves our guys were looking for excuses not to score :rof:

Totally forgot to introduce myself sharky, my bad. I was even talking to you guys between games and everything
I was expecting it to rain down with shots when our towards the end when my boys got tired. would have felt like a normal game. lol

Prob wasn't me u were talking to between the games unless u were in the canteen as I was there filling up for my stint on the bench for first and seriously contemplating a sneaky beer haha

pv4
03-08-2013, 10:16 PM
I was expecting it to rain down with shots when our towards the end when my boys got tired. would have felt like a normal game. lol

Prob wasn't me u were talking to between the games unless u were in the canteen as I was there filling up for my stint on the bench for first and seriously contemplating a sneaky beer haha

Yeah as you said they just kind of hovered in your half but didn't execute much.

Yeah that was me in the canteen :rof:

pv4
03-08-2013, 10:20 PM
Jesmond benefitting from a goal-line debatable goal? Sounds highly irregular :rof:

pv4
03-08-2013, 10:23 PM
Worth noting the only ref westlakes/tenambit got today was everyone's favorite retired referee :rof: although I thought he was surprisingly ok in reserve grade of what I saw

true waterboy
03-08-2013, 10:32 PM
Worth noting the only ref westlakes/tenambit got today was everyone's favorite retired referee :rof: although I thought he was surprisingly ok in reserve grade of what I saw

He did well in ressies. Not much to rule on tbh tho.
Got some calls wrong for both sides in firsts but was pretty fair I thought. As much as we joke about him on here, I'd much rather have him than putting the pressure on a club ref. seems to genuinely love the game at this level. In the canteen after the game he was havin a chat to some of our players n having a joke with the tennambit coach etc.

Only thing I don't like about bobby is his pet hate with people saying mine, leave, or here
The disallowed goal to our player today when he said here had no impact of the play. It should only be a foul when it clearly impedes the defender

TXK
04-08-2013, 10:08 AM
A "neutral" perspective on the Jesmond 3 vs Uni 2 game. Yesterday confirmed for me that Uni are a quality team in this competition and if they had their full team on the park each week and their squad wasn't decimated through Uni holidays, they would be a real contender and definitely pushing for a finals spot. I thought Uni looked the better team in the early stages with Jesmond looking a bit sluggish to get out of the sheds, and Uni had a few decents chances to open the scoring but a lack of finishing, some decent keeping and last ditch defending meant Jesmond kept it scoreless. Jesmond eventually took the lead when Uni failed to clear their lines and following a Jesmond set piece (can't remember whether it was a corner or free kick...) and Jeso poked the ball in from close range in a bit of a goal mouth scramble. This settled Jesmond a bit, and they began to have more influence in the game. It was still fairly end to end stuff however with Uni pushing hard for the equaliser, which eventually came from a calm finish from their number 9, 1-1. Uni continued apply pressure searching to take the lead, but when a midfielder was caught in possession deep in Jesmond territory, Jeso broke quickly and a tidy dink over the defence saw a spawning salmon head the ball into the bottom corner, completely unmarked at the backstick, finishing off a very neat counter. Jesmond took a 2-1 lead into half time.

Uni pinched a goal early in the second half, which made things very interesting. The game continued very much end to end with neither team really controlling the midfield and both creating plenty of chances. Jesmond scored again on the counter however, breaking quickly after a Uni corner to create a 3 on 2 (I think possibly a 3 on 1) and finishing nicely. Uni weren't done however and continued to push for a point. They thought they had earned this when a header hit the underside of the cross bar and and from where I was sitting definitely looked to have touched the net before being cleared. From where I was I though goal, but mind you that was a good 50m from the action, and with a slightly pro Uni cap on :tongue: I can understand why the ref didn't call it with no linesman and a lot of bodies in front of him. And the thing really surprised me was not too man of the Uni boys appealed that strongly for it, only a handle and then play moved on. Uni still could have grabbed a point with the chances they had but Jesmond clung on and got the reward. 3-2 Jesmond full time.

One thing that Jesmond did very, very well (apart from set pieces) is that with both teams playing a 3-5-2, if a team commits forward there is plenty of space left in the wide areas to exploit on the break. Jesmond took full advantage and always made sure that their lines between the strikers and midfield, didn't get stretched and could link up quickly on the break. Something Uni could have taken note of. Each time Jesmond committed forward the Uni strikers were isolated and one of the Wingbacks looked completely disinterested in getting forward and more interested in trying to razz in his own half and sulk when they lost the ball. All in all entertaining game but and was worth the trip down to watch and catch up with some mates, wait, I mean foes..... In all seriousness it is great to be able to go the ground of your closest rivals and be treated with good hospitality and invited back to their local. It's what amateur football is all about an I love it. Cheers to Jeso and also the Uni boys we caught up with for a great Saturday afternoon!

pv4
04-08-2013, 10:37 AM
Made the trip down and didn't head to widcats. Dead to me :rof: :gent:

Jeso played similar formation on tues night and it was quite noticeable that the wide positions high up the field (jesmond defence) there was heaps of space. I'm going to say at least 4 of widcats goals came from a high wide position, most with low hard crosses to free men in the middle. Definately something exploitable in the finals, particularly for mussy and widcats who have decent wide options (olympic seem more direct to me, maybe worth changing up if facing jeso).

pv4
04-08-2013, 08:03 PM
Mussy won 7-1

The Dreaded Keeper
04-08-2013, 09:34 PM
Mussy ressies was 5-1.

Charlie Bubblegum
04-08-2013, 10:21 PM
6-1

pv4
04-08-2013, 10:26 PM
Mussy Facebook page says firsts 7-1, reserves 6-1. I know firsts score is legit

Drunken ranger
04-08-2013, 11:03 PM
Did the dreaded keeper keep he's goal scoring ways in ressies up

The Dreaded Keeper
04-08-2013, 11:24 PM
Sadly, no. Only played the last 15-20. Maybe next year.......

goaliepersempre
05-08-2013, 06:23 AM
Made the trip down and didn't head to widcats. Dead to me :rof: :gent:

Scouting over friendship :P

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
05-08-2013, 11:36 AM
The comprehensive wrap-up of Jes v Uni above is pretty close to the money I think. Whilst not playing fantastically we were happy to get the win, improve dramatically from Tuesday night and take the 3 points into a fortnights break.

At times the game was quite scrappy in the middle of the park but settled into passages of some quality. A few good goals and am happy to agree that the big Uni striker is quality (you will see I rated him in his first game back from injury when he terrorised us in reggies and then also off the bench in firsts), however even with him I never thought we were in danger of losing, with them pinching a draw at best. How the uninterested player that I think has been mentioned above wasn't hooked is beyond me. I'd have hated to have been a team-mate and surely someone that wanted to be there would have been a better option. Moped around seeming about as happy as the man that accidently shot his father.

Re the debatable goal/no goal in question - I too was a fair distance away and at a terrible angle so to insist on any sort of a strong opinion would be stupid, but the point I will make is that there was hardly a murmur from the Uni players themselves. In a day and age when players from every club in every division seem to appeal for anything, this may be an indication that perhaps is wasn't a goal....

I thought the referee (who may be a bit inexperienced I'm not sure) was quite good, especially as didn't have linesman. Very frustrating were the 4 consecutive corners Uni got in the dieing minutes, all 4 of which appeared to be goal kicks from 50/50 challenges but all good.

Quickly on the comment re: our 352.... If you read back through the forum you will see that we are possibly the most defensive team in the southern hemisphere and hence our formation for the two games mentioned would indeed have been a 532 not a 352. We rely on counter attacking, set pieces and of course refereeing mistakes, the highlight being the famous Bobby-gate debacle. 5 at the back, 2 very defensive midfielders that more or less hold hands with our centre backs, 1 that is allowed to venture slightly further forward on the odd occasion, one support striker and a striker that also is defensive oriented. If you're reading this and thinking I might be having a cheeky dig at you, I probably am.

PV4 - how you have "at least 4 of wildcats goals coming from high wide positions" on Tuesday night is beyond me. Perhaps we were watching different games. They mostly came through the middle capitalising on mistakes.

Good to see blokes there on Sat'dy from Musswellbrook, Merewether and Olympic. We're always happy to a beer and chat with anyone. Hopefully you all go about kicking each other over the next fortnight now though haha

pv4
05-08-2013, 01:32 PM
PV4 - how you have "at least 4 of wildcats goals coming from high wide positions" on Tuesday night is beyond me. Perhaps we were watching different games. They mostly came through the middle capitalising on mistakes.

Maybe not watching different games, but definately interpreting them differently. I said at least 4, but right now I can't even remember two of the goals. But the three I do remember, all couldn't have happened without exposing the high/wide positions.

First of three I remember was our right mid had the ball in Jesmonds half. He pushes past a guy, is free, and passes it into the middle. Guy in middle does some ridiculous turn, power shot, keeper decides he'll drop it at his feet and striker cleans the scraps for a goal.

Second of three I remember is left mid has the ball free in Jesmonds half. Plays a ball that is half on the ground, half bobbling (is that a word? Either way I think it was a pass on the ground that Jesmond Park :wub: decided should bounce a lot) across goal to Duncan, who hits it first time for a sweet volley.

Third was I think the last goal. Right mid rounds left mid (wide-back), exposes a heap of space, gets ball to byline and cuts across goal to free man on backpost to tap in.

I legitimately can't remember the other two goals we scored, although I think they were both in the first half if that helps. I'll assume at least one came from a wide position, to make my argument valid :rof:

Whether Jesmond players/coaches believe/recognise that last Tuesday they were exposed high & wide (and apparently were on the wkend) or not - they're proven to be exploitable in those areas and as I described above I fully expect if they don't change they'll run into trouble v Mussy & Westlakes if they face either in the finals.

Also FWIW I have this suspicion that Olympic will win it all this year (by all I mean GF). I can't see teams sending understrength teams to Mussy, and I assume for finals they'll get legit refs up there (cue the Bobby rants), so I can't see their home being as much of a fortress as normal. Jesmond I think are on a decline - maybe they'll have to go back to the 10men behind the ball at all times just to shut up shop like in the first round of fixtures. Widcats I can't see lasting - I think they were lucky last year to draw Belmont who I still haven't seen play any good, and for 85mins were able to contain Les & Bobby from Terrace to pinch the GF. So yeah, I predict Olympic to come good and take the cake.

Where is the GF this year? At the Mutual Ground again? :rof:

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
05-08-2013, 02:36 PM
Agree to disagree re: the goals from Tuesday.

I too though would love to know where the grand final is so if anyone is in the know that'd be appreciated....???

Re: Olympic - sure there is no doubt how dangerous they are going forward but defensively questions need to be asked. I've heard a whisper that they are still trying different things and did so in an internal trial on Saturday. Nothing like leaving it late.

When viewing the table and the draw, I feel they still have plenty of work to do to even make the 4. They should have too much going forward for Merewether on Saturday but equation is actually not in their hands. Jeso (32 from 15) have been in for weeks, similar scenario with Musswellbrook (28 from 12) and now Westlakes (25 from 15) seem close to safe but need a result at Uni on Saturday to secure this.

Should the top 3 secure those spots then Olympic (21 from 14) cannot make it if Charlestown (20 from 13) win their 3 matches, they can actually get away with qualifying with less. Add the fact that Olympic play Muswellbrook on the final day and it's still incredibly open. If Muswellbrook have played and won their 3 catch by then it could be argued would have nothing to play for but would probably take pleasure from knocking a rival out nonetheless. Especially Olympic at Olympic. Imagine the scenes! It would be massive from Medowie from here who still have to travel to Musswelbrook but they're still a small chance too.

Although we at Jesmond were never rated pre season and seems still aren't by most now, it's still nice to have the points on the board and to not have to worry about this type of thing like we did in 2012 when we missed out on the final day. Were chasing the pack hard during the second half of the season and nearly got there but started our run a bit late.

dingdong
05-08-2013, 02:36 PM
Also FWIW I have this suspicion that Olympic will win it all this year (by all I mean GF). I can't see teams sending understrength teams to Mussy, and I assume for finals they'll get legit refs up there (cue the Bobby rants), so I can't see their home being as much of a fortress as normal. Jesmond I think are on a decline - maybe they'll have to go back to the 10men behind the ball at all times just to shut up shop like in the first round of fixtures. Widcats I can't see lasting - I think they were lucky last year to draw Belmont who I still haven't seen play any good, and for 85mins were able to contain Les & Bobby from Terrace to pinch the GF. So yeah, I predict Olympic to come good and take the cake.

Where is the GF this year? At the Mutual Ground again? :rof:

I hope your right! We have to pull our heads in and get into the semis first of all. I don't like the fact we are playing mussy last round but hopefully for us we sneak in. Hopefully Jesmond come 1st, no offence i think we have a better chance over two legs against you guys then we do with westlakes and mussy. That will leave us hopefully with a classic westlakes v olympic grand final. :grin:

pv4
05-08-2013, 02:57 PM
Tbf to olympic they had one of the best keepers in the league playing reserves for the first round :rof: they're much better for having clinto in the sticks now.

yeah, I have only seen charly once but saw nothing or no one special. I'd be happy, in the context, the ladder to finish as is but mussy on top

Regardless if they have first wrapped up or not, mussy will be full strength v olympic. They enjoy the battle too much not to try and win it

true waterboy
05-08-2013, 03:51 PM
This time last year i thought we were the better team and would win it.
this year however i think all the teams have been a bit inconsistent throughout the season and it being too hard to pick.
would love a cat v olympic gf tho as its normally a good game.

as for olympic keeper, what was he doing in ressies at the start of the year. I know politics play a role in player selection but i think anyone can see the difference in quality between the two.

The Dreaded Keeper
05-08-2013, 08:30 PM
I can say, that as Mussy's first grade keeper I'd be doing my nut if the boys didn't play at 100% against a pack of one legged, retarded refugees in a preseason friendly, let alone the last game of the season heading into the finals. We'll be there to win. Anything else wouldn't be fair on any club involved in the race to the semi's.

Not to mention the minor (major) premiership may hang in the balance, and personally, I'd much rather that than the GF.

RANGER09
05-08-2013, 08:44 PM
I can say, that as Mussy's first grade keeper I'd be doing my nut if the boys didn't play at 100% against a pack of one legged, retarded refugees in a preseason friendly, let alone the last game of the season heading into the finals. We'll be there to win. Anything else wouldn't be fair on any club involved in the race to the semi's.

Not to mention the minor (major) premiership may hang in the balance, and personally, I'd much rather that than the GF.

Hey dreaded are you guys putting in for promotion should you take out the minor prem? Might have to play one more season for the trip up there again :grin:

The Dreaded Keeper
05-08-2013, 08:59 PM
I'm honestly not sure Ranger09. We haven't really spoken about it as Jesmond are still the team to beat, however in years gone by we've struggled for three teams. Shit, we struggle for two most weeks at the moment, which I don't mind because every keeper is a frustrated striker just waiting to rain bombs and it means I get a run in ressies!!!

RANGER09
05-08-2013, 09:04 PM
I'm honestly not sure Ranger09. We haven't really spoken about it as Jesmond are still the team to beat, however in years gone by we've struggled for three teams. Shit, we struggle for two most weeks at the moment, which I don't mind because every keeper is a frustrated striker just waiting to rain bombs and it means I get a run in ressies!!!

Yeah not the only club around to struggle for numbers, I think Wallsend, Suburbs and the Bay are about the only 3 teams I have seen with good numbers this season in ZL1, good luck for your remaining games.

The Dreaded Keeper
05-08-2013, 09:39 PM
And to you my Ranger brother!!!

Drunken ranger
06-08-2013, 10:17 AM
Ain't u a central midfield dreaded??? I remember u playing there in first grade one day

TXK
06-08-2013, 11:57 AM
Ain't u a central midfield dreaded??? I remember u playing there in first grade one day
Every time I see one of your posts, the song "Drunken Sailor" immediately gets stuck in my head, but with "Ranger" replacing the word "Sailor" along with an image of a drunken bushranger taking to the football field.This can play on loop for a few hours. Think I need to find a busier job...

Drunken ranger
06-08-2013, 01:01 PM
What's drunken sailor I could do with a theme song lol reworded of course plus I no longer look like a bushranger I had a shave much to my girlfriends delight lol

RANGER09
06-08-2013, 01:41 PM
What's drunken sailor I could do with a theme song lol reworded of course plus I no longer look like a bushranger I had a shave much to my girlfriends delight lol

and what direction would you like this post to go? :whistling:

Itsmuz
06-08-2013, 02:04 PM
Well... not to change the subject or anything...
but Uni's win in reggies on the weekend (combined with charlie's loss) sealed up the minor premiership for Uni with 2 weeks to go.
Interestingly enough Westlakes currently in 2nd could end up 5th and charlie currently in 5th could end up 2nd if results go one way or another.
2 interesting weeks coming up in reggies.

aaaaand resume 1st grade talk... go!

TXK
06-08-2013, 02:14 PM

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qGyPuey-1Jw

Drunken Sailor with lyrics

Swanky
06-08-2013, 02:22 PM
but Uni's win in reggies on the weekend (combined with charlie's loss) sealed up the minor premiership for Uni with 2 weeks to go.
Interestingly enough Westlakes currently in 2nd could end up 5th and charlie currently in 5th could end up 2nd if results go one way or another.

Congrats to UNI for wrapping up the Minor Premiership in reggies

Drunken ranger
06-08-2013, 05:45 PM
it goes alright Lol

TXK
07-08-2013, 11:59 AM

Congrats to Uni! Great achievement to seal the minor premiership with games to spare. Muz, what's your predictions for the final standings in reggies?

Itsmuz
07-08-2013, 02:49 PM
Congrats to Uni! Great achievement to seal the minor premiership with games to spare. Muz, what's your predictions for the final standings in reggies?

I may have been a bit premature actually.. Charlie have a game in hand and funnily enough as the 5th placed team are the only ones who can pip us to minor premiers (on goal difference).
A Uni player and I still cant do maths... sigh

Anyway, Uni take on second placed Westlakes at home this weekend and then Charlie on the final day so our fate is in our own hands, a loss against Westlakes could make things interesting (wont happen though :P especially with their entire backline in first grade every week (which technically makes them first graders by now does it not? but anyway..))

Jeso and Westlakes both have byes so my prediction is Olympic to win their last two and smash their way into second, with westlakes losing to us and jeso winning on the final day to seal third. Westlakes fourth and charlie missing out on goal difference alone after winning on the final day also. Uni to win both remaining games, albeit doing it tough like we did against Jeso.

So my prediction for reggies
Uni 38pts
Olympic 31
Jeso 29
Westlakes 26
(charlie 26 also so this will come down to goal difference)

Could go any way yet though.

LINGERA
07-08-2013, 03:17 PM
I may have been a bit premature actually.. Charlie have a game in hand and funnily enough as the 5th placed team are the only ones who can pip us to minor premiers (on goal difference).
A Uni player and I still cant do maths... sigh

Anyway, Uni take on second placed Westlakes at home this weekend and then Charlie on the final day so our fate is in our own hands, a loss against Westlakes could make things interesting (wont happen though :P especially with their entire backline in first grade every week (which technically makes them first graders by now does it not? but anyway..))

Jeso and Westlakes both have byes so my prediction is Olympic to win their last two and smash their way into second, with westlakes losing to us and jeso winning on the final day to seal third. Westlakes fourth and charlie missing out on goal difference alone after winning on the final day also. Uni to win both remaining games, albeit doing it tough like we did against Jeso.

So my prediction for reggies
Uni 38pts
Olympic 31
Jeso 29
Westlakes 26
(charlie 26 also so this will come down to goal difference)

Could go any way yet though.

arnt westlakes already on 28 points???

Also charly to play tenambit and mussy at home ud think they can squeeze atleast 2 wins out there.

Itsmuz
07-08-2013, 03:41 PM
arnt westlakes already on 28 points???

Also charly to play tenambit and mussy at home ud think they can squeeze atleast 2 wins out there.

Yeah you're right, sportingpulse was showing me only up to a certain round. Good if there was a uni course on how to use it :P
Right disregard all that I said.
Mussy will be pushing hard in first and so reggies will probably be short travelling away to Charlie and Olympic and so yeah, you'll get 2 wins or 1 and a draw there at least against tenambit and mussy. I keep forgetting that game in hand...

-So yeah, Still think we'll get top, only needing 1 draw in 2 games, both times against teams pushing hard in firsts and so possibly a bit short in reggies (although with everything to play for in both grades so who knows, we had a howler against charlie at home in the first round, could happen again...) both decent teams, but we're first for a reason I guess so I'm confident we'll get a point at least.
-Still think Olympic will get second in reggies (have Mussy at home and Merewether away) so I'd expect them to win both and get to 31 points, they've got a solid squad. Although a draw in either game gets them to 29
-Jesmond will win their remaining game in reggies and climb to 29 points and third
-Charlie (apologies to you guys again) will get at least 4 points from their remaining 3 games and get to 27 or 29 points if they have 2 wins
-Westlakes with a bye and us (at Uni) and will get a draw at best (hopefully) to get to 29 also.

So yeah, 2/3/4/5 Could all, within reason, end up on 29 points. Goal difference is key. Westlakes have a SLIGHT advantage there +19, with Charlie and Olympic on +16 and it will be Jeso who suffer with +8 at the moment.
Everything to play for and only Uni can miss the semis out of all top 5 teams.

So yeah, a few key games to come and both Charlie and Olympic's form to be of key significance. Could be a very nervous final day for Westlakes and Jeso depending on results.
Charlie V Tenambit could be a key game. Who knows yet? Best of luck everyone regardless!

-Uni
-Olympic
-Charlie
-Jeso
-Westlakes

Very interested in other's view of the final standings though. Who can guess first grade at the moment either for that matter... Jeso/Mussy looking very strong for 1 and 2 though.

TXK
07-08-2013, 04:42 PM
I've been avoiding giving predictions so far as to my thoughts on who will finish where in firsts, due to not wanting to jinx anything. Regardless of the results, the fact that Mussy play both Hamilton and Charlestown means we have a fairly big role to play, goes without saying in firsts, but also in ressies. If our ressies win one of those games and loses the other, judging from what you've said Muz, it could have a fairly significant impact on who finished where. I wouldn't discount our ressies from causing an upset in either of those games, as well. We drew with Charlestown in Round 1 I believe, and we weren't full strength. Hamilton, looked a pretty class out fit when we played them first round, however I think a few may have been playing down from 1sts to make up numbers. The main reason I think we could be due an upset in ressies but, is the fact that at present, we have a full strength first grade outfit (all bar 1 of our long term injured player have returned) and this has filtered down and really strengthened our ressies, which I think has been evident with 3 wins from the last 3, albeit against lower table opposition. As long as I don't have to draw from ressies too often for the rest of the season, they could give a few of the top boys a bit of a shake. I'll be keeping schtum on first grade though, as I really have no idea how that will pan out. Such an exciting end to the season though, very interested to see both ladders at the end of it.

sharky21
07-08-2013, 06:40 PM
Tenambit V Merewether Tonight in a game that has a huge baring on absolutely nothing.
With Tenambit needing an absolute miracle to avoid the wooden spoon for the second year running like winning all of our remaining three games which due to the fact we only have won once all year and are scratching for players every week.
Our first grade keeper is once again playing res. And I myself will be playing first. Goal keepers on the field every coaches dream haha.

Robbery
07-08-2013, 11:43 PM
Tenambit V Merewether Tonight in a game that has a huge baring on absolutely nothing.
With Tenambit needing an absolute miracle to avoid the wooden spoon for the second year running like winning all of our remaining three games which due to the fact we only have won once all year and are scratching for players every week.
Our first grade keeper is once again playing res. And I myself will be playing first. Goal keepers on the field every coaches dream haha.

You did make some good saves.

Reserves 3-3 Merewether were up 3-1 but tenambit pegged it back.
Firsts 1-1 two early goals then things just got wetter and wetter and made it harder to play. Merewether had the better of the chances and should have won but better than a loss I guess.

sharky21
08-08-2013, 07:35 AM
You did make some good saves.

Reserves 3-3 Merewether were up 3-1 but tenambit pegged it back.
Firsts 1-1 two early goals then things just got wetter and wetter and made it harder to play. Merewether had the better of the chances and should have won but better than a loss I guess.
I ended up on the field in first and our first grade keeper did both grades..

Swanky
08-08-2013, 10:02 AM
How come the Charlestown v Muswellbrook game from Round 12 has disappeared from Sportingpulse

Any idea when this game will be played

TXK
08-08-2013, 01:16 PM
How come the Charlestown v Muswellbrook game from Round 12 has disappeared from Sportingpulse

Any idea when this game will be played

I have no idea as to why it has disappeared, but it is being played on Saturday 17th, and to my knowledge Res KO at 5pm, and Firsts at 7pm or there abouts.

CCB
08-08-2013, 09:22 PM
I have no idea as to why it has disappeared, but it is being played on Saturday 17th, and to my knowledge Res KO at 5pm, and Firsts at 7pm or there abouts.
515 & 7pm to be precise

TXK
09-08-2013, 10:45 AM
Sunday's match between Muswellbrook and Medowie is our inaugural Old Boys/Sponsors day. Having not tried anything like this before, we are hoping that it is a hit so we can make it a yearly outing. I know we are very much out of the way and no one would make the trip up just to watch some zone league 2, but will extend the invitation to any interested people to attend, out of courtesy. Festivities kick off at 11am with an exhibition match between our 15s and 17s sides, followed by the usual senior games at 1.15 and 3.00pm.

Drunken ranger
09-08-2013, 01:24 PM
Go the eagles

boz-monaut
09-08-2013, 04:28 PM
Grand final will be at

League Two – Saturday 14th September 2013.

Johnson Park – West Wallsend

true waterboy
09-08-2013, 07:04 PM
According to an email i received today from macquarie the semis are played like this

Sat 31/8 4v1
Sun 1/9 3v2
Sat 7/9 2v3
Sun 8/9 1v4

I think its a little odd that the games are swapped around the second week.

and as boz said gf at west wallsend

Cabaye#4
09-08-2013, 10:16 PM
I think its a little odd that the games are swapped around the second week.

I am 99% certain this was the same format as last season. Feel free for the 1% to correct me if im wrong.

true waterboy
09-08-2013, 10:33 PM
I am 99% certain this was the same format as last season. Feel free for the 1% to correct me if im wrong.

Yeah i couldnt really remember to be honest, I thought they were the same both week but since we ended up watching the other game as well, i think im getting a little confused.
It doesnt really make a difference, I just like things in routine. much like the volume has to be an even number

Cabaye#4
10-08-2013, 10:04 AM
I just like things in routine. much like the volume has to be an even number

I also accept multiples of 5. And number 23.

pv4
10-08-2013, 10:38 AM
Ha if Widcats get in the finals, one of the semis will be the first Sunday game for the entire season we play.

pv4
10-08-2013, 11:14 AM
Grand final will be at

League Two – Saturday 14th September 2013.

Johnson Park – West Wallsend

Wembley!!

true waterboy
10-08-2013, 12:24 PM
I also accept multiples of 5. And number 23.

ill have to disagree there.
if 23 is replaced with 21 and its perfect.

pv4
10-08-2013, 05:49 PM
Uni v widcats

Reserves 1-3 or 1-4
Firsts 3 or 4 or 5 - 0

The only thing more embarrassing than first grades on field efforts were the tag along "fans" supporting westlakes who aren't regulars at all. Not that it means much coming from me but I apologize for them to any uni person.

dingdong
10-08-2013, 07:04 PM
merewether vs olympic

res 1-5
1st 2-4

good day out for olympic in front of the old boys. not the most determined performance but we created a lot of xhances and got the 3 points. should be an interesting final round, good luck to everyone.

Cabaye#4
10-08-2013, 07:12 PM
Tenambit v Charlie
Res 0-4
1sts 0-2
Charlestown got in the spirit of national geographic's shark week and tamed the king of the jungle today.

JimJam
10-08-2013, 08:09 PM
Uni v widcats

Reserves 1-3 or 1-4
Firsts 3 or 4 or 5 - 0

The only thing more embarrassing than first grades on field efforts were the tag along "fans" supporting westlakes who aren't regulars at all. Not that it means much coming from me but I apologize for them to any uni person.

Yeah ressies Uni 1-3 Westlakes
first was Uni 3 - 0 Westlakes (could have been four, penalty was saved well by westlakes)

Ahhh that sucks they are tag alongs, because i have got to say, that was the worst and most disgraceful set of 'fans' I have ever witnessed. Yelling out racist remarks such as "Taiwanese C@#T" "The ref doesnt speak Durka Durka" (to only name a few) is just unbelievable.
Hat goes off the the ref who stopped play, went over to them and made some of them leave. However, this only shut them up for a while, until they joined up with them again in the second half.
I'm sorry to the Westlakes players who have to be associated with this scum. Sometimes we can appreciate spectators who yell out witty comments or non vicious remarks, but this was all uneducated, insulting and unfunny.

Hope they all stay the F@#K in Westlakes for the remainder of the season.

Otherwise, good games in both grades, Westlakes were strong in ressies and scored a couple of good goals. Good to see our firsts team go away with a dominating win, a shame it was at the wrong end of the season!

Incognito mosquito
10-08-2013, 08:43 PM
Yeah ressies Uni 1-3 Westlakes
first was Uni 3 - 0 Westlakes (could have been four, penalty was saved well by westlakes)

Ahhh that sucks they are tag alongs, because i have got to say, that was the worst and most disgraceful set of 'fans' I have ever witnessed. Yelling out racist remarks such as "Taiwanese C@#T" "The ref doesnt speak Durka Durka" (to only name a few) is just unbelievable.
Hat goes off the the ref who stopped play, went over to them and made some of them leave. However, this only shut them up for a while, until they joined up with them again in the second half.
I'm sorry to the Westlakes players who have to be associated with this scum. Sometimes we can appreciate spectators who yell out witty comments or non vicious remarks, but this was all uneducated, insulting and unfunny.

Hope they all stay the F@#K in Westlakes for the remainder of the season.

Otherwise, good games in both grades, Westlakes were strong in ressies and scored a couple of good goals. Good to see our firsts team go away with a dominating win, a shame it was at the wrong end of the season!

Both games were good with is stepping up to take the points against first n secure a semis spot in ressies and you guys definately turned up in firsts and ruffled out feathers. Well done on the result in firsts.

As pv4 said they're not regulars but that was a very disappointing display by the supporters and we will make sure something like that doesn't happen again as its not what we're about. So again apologies to the uni side and the ref for that matter.

Spewin about firsts now we have to play the waiting game and hope for results, never a good thing

pv4
10-08-2013, 08:44 PM
Probably half of the issue people are actually from qld and are just around for the weekend. I sat relatively near them and was embarrassed, they also weren't going to move when the ref asked till I roused on them :rof: that was the first time I've felt embarrassed to be associated with the widcats tbh

the ref was hilariously average for both grades to both sides :rof: how was him letting uni kickoff in reserves when the westlakes players were still celebrating a goal, barely crossing the halfway line :rof: also thought a few players on both teams were lucky not to see more yellow or red in firsts

true waterboy
10-08-2013, 09:11 PM
That really was halarious
Wasn't even that big of a celebration . A couple of high fives and everyone was running bak (not walking) and whistle blows for kickoff with me and another at the start of the centre circle.
Then they get a free kick 25m out and our sweeper yellow carded for questioning it.
That ref realy did hate stoppages in play.

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
10-08-2013, 09:46 PM
Race for 3rd and 4th (as I see it)-
Westlakes 25 +8 and no games to play
Olympic 24 +7 and host Mussy on the last day who will have had a congested fixture list
Charley 23 +6 and host Uni on the last day plus makeup hosting Mussy next Saturday

Wow so Olympic or Westlakes could miss the semis with Charley bolting in if they win 1 of their 2 last games. It's in Charleys hands. If you all remember last year, this is a reverse from Charley who were top 2 only only to crash and burn. At least it's somewhat in Olympics hands too, but Westlakes need to sit and hope, as mentioned above. F & A is intriguing in itself with Olympic having to be annoyed at conceding 2 today, meaning a draw vs Mussy isn't good enough to overtake Westlakes. Will be costly if Charley get that win.

I actually believe what was previously posted in that Mussy will have a good go on the final day regardless of whether their minor premiership is wrapped up. If both strikers play they will probably beat Olympic, potentially in a goal-fest that is almost a more appealing afternoon than our own fixture ha ha.

Anyone got an Aguero..??

pv4
11-08-2013, 09:29 AM
Not having a stab, just felt like it was worth mentioning. The uni oval is easily the longest I've played on. It was no wonder westlakes firsts midfield were MIA yesterday - so much space! Also for such nice looking grass it has such a wicked bobble

Swanky
11-08-2013, 10:21 AM
merewether vs olympic

res 1-5
1st 2-4

good day out for olympic in front of the old boys. not the most determined performance but we created a lot of xhances and got the 3 points. should be an interesting final round, good luck to everyone.

Res corrected score 1-7

pastor399
11-08-2013, 12:07 PM
Not having a stab, just felt like it was worth mentioning. The uni oval is easily the longest I've played on. It was no wonder westlakes firsts midfield were MIA yesterday - so much space! Also for such nice looking grass it has such a wicked bobble

After a full season of ZPL, ZL2, All Age + Women's Club and not to forget the Jets senior squad train on there as well............it was in excellent condition up until about 4 or 5 weeks ago. The second ground is honestly a better surface if it wasn't for the cricket pitch in the side of it.

pv4
11-08-2013, 12:13 PM
It looks fantastic, just has a wildly unexpected bounce

true waterboy
11-08-2013, 02:41 PM
I was pretty impressed with the ground yesterday. Even though there were a few bumps n boggles it seemed like it was due to the ground so soft under foot along with the number of games played there. There were quiet a few divots from past tackles some quiet large.

wouldnt take much to fix that though.

best ground setup in zl2 imo. definately the best looking pitch

goaliepersempre
11-08-2013, 06:09 PM

Aww come on its no jesmond park :gent:

The Dreaded Keeper
11-08-2013, 07:30 PM
Muswellbrook vs Medowie.
Reserve grade 2-0
First grade 3-2

Good results for Mussy on our inaugural old boys day. Firsts played possibly our worst half (1st) of the year, and Medowie were excellent. We were lucky to hit half time at 1-1. A couple of decisions were wrong IMO, one of our players should have seen red in the second half, but the square up came when a Medowie player should have been shown the same ten mins later.

Medowie were heaps better than they were in the first round I reckon, and they bought some loud fans to heckle abuse which was awesome. All in good fun and I love a good heckling.

As a side note, I managed to wipe out our left winger and punch the coach in the back of the head. Great day for me!!!

The Dreaded Keeper
11-08-2013, 07:31 PM
Forgot to mention that a Medowie player scored a beauty against me. A lovely strike. Almost a pleasure to watch. Almost.

SK15
11-08-2013, 09:10 PM
Good game for us Olympic boys yesterday. Also good to get on the score sheet.

Is the ladder currently up on Sporting Pulse up to date?

sutho
11-08-2013, 09:11 PM
I was pretty impressed with the ground yesterday. Even though there were a few bumps n boggles it seemed like it was due to the ground so soft under foot along with the number of games played there. There were quiet a few divots from past tackles some quiet large.

wouldnt take much to fix that though.

Agreed - loved training there a few years back

true waterboy
11-08-2013, 10:11 PM
Good game for us Olympic boys yesterday. Also good to get on the score sheet.

Is the ladder currently up on Sporting Pulse up to date?
its not up to date atm. From a quick look only your game has been updated.

just for the race for the finals

first grade
mussy and jeso in

westlakes 25 (playing the waiting game with bye)
hamo 24
charlie 23 (game in hand)

in ressies
uni in
westlakes now secured a spot on 31

hamo 28
jeso 26
charlie 26 (game in hand)

that should be pretty accurate. feel free to correct it if it has an error

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
11-08-2013, 11:01 PM
I actually forgot Medowie myself but they are still in contention with home games to Tenambit and Uni. Many teams, us included, have found it difficult to get the points there so it's possible that they could win those pair and go to 25 too, not catching Westlakes on goal difference but could go past Olympic and Charley. Unlikely but possible.

SK15
12-08-2013, 02:04 AM
its not up to date atm. From a quick look only your game has been updated.

just for the race for the finals

first grade
mussy and jeso in

westlakes 25 (playing the waiting game with bye)
hamo 24
charlie 23 (game in hand)

in ressies
uni in
westlakes now secured a spot on 31

hamo 28
jeso 26
charlie 26 (game in hand)

that should be pretty accurate. feel free to correct it if it has an error

Thanks that looks accurate.

Don't worry we will win on the last day.

The Dreaded Keeper
12-08-2013, 08:29 PM
Hey boys, forgive my stupidity, but where do I find the for and against?

Premy
12-08-2013, 08:47 PM
Anyone know if Bellbird are fielding a team next year? Also are Tanambit safe from the drop because of Bellbird folding

sharky21
12-08-2013, 09:15 PM
Anyone know if Bellbird are fielding a team next year? Also are Tanambit safe from the drop because of Bellbird folding

Last time I spoke to a guy from bellbird (start of year) they were putting an all age team together in the hope of getting a squad back together too join the league again.

And as for Tenambit being safe its a question I have asked my club all year and have been told yes but with little confidence so who knows until the association makes there mind up on what they want to do.

controlzone
12-08-2013, 10:02 PM
The top 2 teams in ZL3 wouldn't look out of place in ZL2 IMO. Maybe 2 up, 1 down who knows??

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
12-08-2013, 11:14 PM
I think it's 1 up, 1 down, unless there is another volunteer to go down (Merewether volunteering last year facilitated R/T and Belmont going up). By Bellbird withdrawing I think they may be made to re-enter in ZL3, should they re-apply.

Now depending on your club you may have different views on the following......

Personally, I think with Tenambit only winning, at present 1 game (hurts to write this) all season and trailing Merewether significantly - they should go down. The fact that another team didn't compete seems irrelevant to me. Perhaps, after 2 years of wooden spoon, it might actually be better for the kids there to compete at a lower level and win some games, get some confidence. Sure it's somewhat of a free-fall but it may be required and best for them. Maybe the usual Tenambit poster/s can offer an opinion... I'm in no way having a dig and am just offering a neutral opinion, actually doesn't faze me one bit which division they are in for 2014...

I'm actually a fan of more movement between the divisions, believing it is too difficult to gain promotion as their always seems to be one team having a gun year. Likewise, you can be quite bad and stay because in all likelihood, some other club will be bloody awful each year.

I'd actually like to see major and minor premiers replacing the bottom 2 in the above division. Some might say the above is reflective of my own clubs situation but its not, it's my honest opinion regardless of this.

If you look through the divisions it's hard to argue with the fact that most divisions have 2 teams deserving promotion and 2 that are performing fairly ordinarily.

Interested in anyone's thoughts.....

Premy
12-08-2013, 11:50 PM
I think it's 1 up, 1 down, unless there is another volunteer to go down (Merewether volunteering last year facilitated R/T and Belmont going up). By Bellbird withdrawing I think they may be made to re-enter in ZL3, should they re-apply.

Now depending on your club you may have different views on the following......

Personally, I think with Tenambit only winning, at present 1 game (hurts to write this) all season and trailing Merewether significantly - they should go down. The fact that another team didn't compete seems irrelevant to me. Perhaps, after 2 years of wooden spoon, it might actually be better for the kids there to compete at a lower level and win some games, get some confidence. Sure it's somewhat of a free-fall but it may be required and best for them. Maybe the usual Tenambit poster/s can offer an opinion... I'm in no way having a dig and am just offering a neutral opinion, actually doesn't faze me one bit which division they are in for 2014...

I'm actually a fan of more movement between the divisions, believing it is too difficult to gain promotion as their always seems to be one team having a gun year. Likewise, you can be quite bad and stay because in all likelihood, some other club will be bloody awful each year.

I'd actually like to see major and minor premiers replacing the bottom 2 in the above division. Some might say the above is reflective of my own clubs situation but its not, it's my honest opinion regardless of this.

If you look through the divisions it's hard to argue with the fact that most divisions have 2 teams deserving promotion and 2 that are performing fairly ordinarily.

How would Jesmond go feilding a 3rd grade if they were to be promoted

true waterboy
13-08-2013, 12:05 AM

I agree with this. Sad to say tenambit have struggled to perform this year and with a number of clubs in zl3 pushing for promotion id like to see them given a chance. I dont know much about that league and havent followed the results, but we have played stockton before and I beleive they would be very competitive in this grade.

I also agree with allowing 2 teams to be promoted. If multiple teams are either notably performing or struggling i think 2 teams should be promoted/relegated. I also beleive that major premiers should be the second team promoted when the option occurs not the second place as with belmont last year, as i believe a team that won nothing should be ahead of a team filling the trophy cabinet.

From the little bit ive read in zl1 it sounds like a number of clubs are notably struggling this year. it would be great to see a reshuffle of the grades as there are a number of clubs in this division that would be competitive if promoted.

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
13-08-2013, 12:25 AM
100% not trying to deflect the question but its honestly not been spoken about in any sort of detail within the club (apart from a couple of old timers and goalkeeping strikers dreaming of an am kickoff). When we were doing well we didn't want to get ahead of ourselves and since we dropped points it's now more and more likely to be Musswellbrook unless they crash badly so the discussion within is now irrelevant.

To answer the question; We registered 30 easily this year with others leaving and not signing because of numbers so think could get to the 40 or so required. If that's the number generally accepted as being required?

If we achieved the minor premiership I'd 100% want to go up. (Personal opinion with some slightly selfish motives here and not necessarily the stance of our club). I realise it may be difficult for Mussy due to proximity and they struggle to field 2 teams, let alone 3, especially for away games. If Mussy don't take it and its offered to us, my thoughts are mixed and maybe not the same as the club, so as I'm representing the club on here ill keep that to myself for now.

Neally
13-08-2013, 08:32 AM
To answer the question; We registered 30 easily this year with others leaving and not signing because of numbers so think could get to the 40 or so required. If that's the number generally accepted as being required?

From my experience starting a season with less than 45 would be suicide and would see many players playing multiple games a day...once you factor in injuries, work and other shit excuses when a team isn't performing the best, 40 can quickly become a lot less!

pv4
13-08-2013, 09:30 AM
I remember a couple of years ago, raymond terrace and weston swifts were the two clear strugglers in id2s. I was honestly surprised that weston came last - that's how bad terrace were. I always thought 2 should have been relegated that season as they were two clear strugglers.

I've thought this for years, and therefore it has nothing to do with bias - I think promotion/relegation should be based off club championship. Whether firsts needs a little more weight in points than it currently has, I don't know. But I look at terrace in id1 and I hear their firsts are strong but their other grades aren't, and they lack depth. I imagine if toronto in id3 somehow managed to come first, they have no depth in reserves to come up. I see terrace deserving relegation from id2 two years ago, to now walking id1s, and I imagine when "all their guns go to nbn" like is continually reported (or used to be) they'll struggle again. Morisset are another example of a gun 1 side turned bad again nowadays. I'd rather the overall best clubs as a whole, rather than the best recruiting first grades, be promoted. It promotes having a strong overall club, which by the sounds of it is exactly what northern demand for their "premier competitions". Another example I just thought of, and I have bias FOR them so it somewhat pains me to say it, but mussy this year have a good first grade and a relatively mediocre reserves. Now if they go up, you could hazard a guess that their third grade will be equally mediocre. The club will struggle for depth over 3 grades, and in the case of mussy will just be hugely reliant on home games and hope to scrape away games. I actually know the details of players in/out for them, and potentially they could do ok in id1s, but if I didn't know the details I'd be hugely hesotant on them going up.

In summary - let's stop focusing on one grade. ID comps are about clubs - let's make reserves actually mean something, and therefore make the comps and clubs stronger

pv4
13-08-2013, 09:32 AM
Also, widcats have 30 registered for two grades and possibly one or two dual rego'd from our all age. 15 per team is a minimum imo - so 45 for three grades sounds right

true waterboy
13-08-2013, 10:02 AM
I agree with most comments but when looking at morriset they also had a gun ressies side when they were promoted. beat us for the minor premiership by 3 points and smashed us like 4-1 in the gf from memory.
Their biggest problem seemed to be when the federation promoted them straight to zpl and then they lost a heap of players half way through the year.

bombers_away
13-08-2013, 10:39 AM
Just reading some of the comments on the forum regarding the Bellbird situation and what we intend to do next year...

This year we fielded a team in All Age C. We have 21 registered players but have not had more than 14 at a game this season. Justifies the decision we made to withdraw from ID's for 2013.

The players are mostly keen to get back to the ID comp. Whether that happens in 2014 or beyond - we are not able to say at this point and depends on a number of things. But if it does happen, it is my understanding we will be heading back through ID3. It would not be fair on the teams who battled it out in ID3 (and ID2) for a team to walk back in after having a season off and taking the position of a team who done the hard yards in 2013.

Premy
13-08-2013, 11:29 AM
Just reading some of the comments on the forum regarding the Bellbird situation and what we intend to do next year...

This year we fielded a team in All Age C. We have 21 registered players but have not had more than 14 at a game this season. Justifies the decision we made to withdraw from ID's for 2013.

The players are mostly keen to get back to the ID comp. Whether that happens in 2014 or beyond - we are not able to say at this point and depends on a number of things. But if it does happen, it is my understanding we will be heading back through ID3. It would not be fair on the teams who battled it out in ID3 (and ID2) for a team to walk back in after having a season off and taking the position of a team who done the hard yards in 2013.

Good to hear seems your going the right way about it

roundballsarebetter
13-08-2013, 11:34 AM
I remember a couple of years ago, raymond terrace and weston swifts were the two clear strugglers in id2s. I was honestly surprised that weston came last - that's how bad terrace were. I always thought 2 should have been relegated that season as they were two clear strugglers.

I've thought this for years, and therefore it has nothing to do with bias - I think promotion/relegation should be based off club championship. Whether firsts needs a little more weight in points than it currently has, I don't know. But I look at terrace in id1 and I hear their firsts are strong but their other grades aren't, and they lack depth. I imagine if toronto in id3 somehow managed to come first, they have no depth in reserves to come up. I see terrace deserving relegation from id2 two years ago, to now walking id1s, and I imagine when "all their guns go to nbn" like is continually reported (or used to be) they'll struggle again. Morisset are another example of a gun 1 side turned bad again nowadays. I'd rather the overall best clubs as a whole, rather than the best recruiting first grades, be promoted. It promotes having a strong overall club, which by the sounds of it is exactly what northern demand for their "premier competitions". Another example I just thought of, and I have bias FOR them so it somewhat pains me to say it, but mussy this year have a good first grade and a relatively mediocre reserves. Now if they go up, you could hazard a guess that their third grade will be equally mediocre. The club will struggle for depth over 3 grades, and in the case of mussy will just be hugely reliant on home games and hope to scrape away games. I actually know the details of players in/out for them, and potentially they could do ok in id1s, but if I didn't know the details I'd be hugely hesotant on them going up.

In summary - let's stop focusing on one grade. ID comps are about clubs - let's make reserves actually mean something, and therefore make the comps and clubs stronger

Does someone from muswellbrook want to give us an Idea as to what there intentions are ( If they finish 1st). I seem to remember that they dropped down from the old id 1's not due to 1st grade performances but due to struggling with club numbers , Im not 100% sure on that , I seem to remember them always goin well in 1sts but being very short on in the lower grades when they had a 3 team club??

Premy
13-08-2013, 11:45 AM
From the little bit ive read in zl1 it sounds like a number of clubs are notably struggling this year. it would be great to see a reshuffle of the grades as there are a number of clubs in this division that would be competitive if promoted.

In all fairness there is probably only 4 clubs in ZL1 that cofortably fill 3 grades Wallsend, Suburb, Nelson Bay & Kotara. As to Terrace lower grades they have improved since the start of the season and are in a much better position now and I expect them to be much better next year. On to Morriset again their lower grades are quite strong with their reserves doing quite well with a few additions in 1st grade they would be right up there and they are not as bad as what most people think their are no easy games but it just hasn't been their year.

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
13-08-2013, 12:11 PM
As I re-read my post re: 40 players I thought that was a bit light on and you blokes have confirmed this. 45 sounds ideal, 40 for 3 grades actually works out lighter on than 30 for 2 I've realised, with 7 spare rather than 8.

As much as I hate going to play at Bellbird, I do wish that club the best and hope they can get back to zone football. It seems to have been a big effort from those within to clean up their reputation on the park and I found them more than decent to deal with last year and pre season this year before their decision. The post above seems to confirm my thoughts on how decent they now are.

I made the initial point of 2 up, 2 down which most seem to agree with so they're obviously my views but not sure I can agree on the club championship being used as a basis. If that's the case we would have gone up in 2013 as were club champions last year. We would have to be going close again this year I would think (no inclination to do the math).

After watching our reggies get towelled up on grand final day, then first grade between Westlakes and the Terrace, it was almost embarrassing to accept the club championship award when our firsts came 5th or 6th. Sure we were in semi final contention until the last day but to have gone up in those circumstances would have been grossly unfair on others, whether that be Westlakes or Belmont.

To my way of thinking and under the basis of my initial post, Westlakes should have gone up last year with Raymond Terrace. That would have been fair and I'm not sure there would have been too many complaints. This backs up my other point - it's so hard to win things and after Westlakes didn't get the promotion they (from all reports) desired, they now find themselves in a situation 12 months later where they are relying on the results of other fixtures to even make the semi finals.

Just because they havn't gone as well this year in ZL2 doesn't mean they wouldn't have been competitive in ZL1. Perhaps they lost a few players as a result of the disappointment and the other thing is, promotion often attracts players to come and have a look. They may have strengthened. I can say categorically that Jesmond would be stronger this year if were in a higher division as I know a few players that would be wearing our shirt now that aren't. It would be silly to think that's not the case for other clubs too.

The association have it as wooden spooner down and highest places offered the promotion until there is an acceptance. Nobody can argue with that as everyone knows how it is. Let's just hope that one day it's 2 and 2 - but in a way that is clearly outlined to avoid arguments. Ie minor premiers and then grand final winners. If they're the same then it obviously goes to the team who won the most corners during the year.....

The Dreaded Keeper
13-08-2013, 09:14 PM
Muswellbrook reserves........currently on a 5 match winning streak, which included knocking off the first placed side.

Just saying.............

RANGER09
13-08-2013, 09:43 PM
[QUOTE=pv4;47090]I remember a couple of years ago, raymond terrace and weston swifts were the two clear strugglers in id2s. I was honestly surprised that weston came last - that's how bad terrace were. I always thought 2 should have been relegated that season as they were two clear strugglers.

Yeah wasnt the best year for us, very young side but most games were competitive and close, half the team playing 2 grades, but as to how bad we were, second round vs Wildcats on their home turf. Westlakes 0 Terrace 1

pv4
13-08-2013, 10:36 PM
Yeah wasnt the best year for us, very young side but most games were competitive and close, half the team playing 2 grades, but as to how bad we were, second round vs Wildcats on their home turf. Westlakes 0 Terrace 1

:rof: I remember being injured for that game and watching from the sidelines. Man that was a depressing day. By that time of the year, our coach was fully fixated on reserve grade and let first grade just handle themselves.

But like I said - unfortunately you guys & Weston stood out as being the worst teams to every team I spoke to. Obviously things have changed, I was just using it to highlight my point(s) above.

RANGER09
13-08-2013, 10:47 PM
Just part of being in ID football, no club is immune from player / coaching changes year in and out, have to take the good with the bad unfortunately.

pv4
13-08-2013, 10:54 PM
Just part of being in ID football, no club is immune from player / coaching changes year in and out, have to take the good with the bad unfortunately.

Agreed. And hence why I reckon if a club champ system was implemented, it would promote overall better clubs, rather than just a well-recruited starting XI first graders (who may leave and the club would be stranded).

Like I said originally - maybe the current point scoring system for club champs needs to be changed so firsts is a little more meaningful than it currently is. I don't know, I don't know the system well enough. But I think if we make reserve grade count, we wouldn't have scenarios like Toronto ID3s have where there's 7 players to one of the last games, and overall every single game (reserves or firsts) would be more meaningful and more competitive, and everyone would be contributing. I just feel like clubs as a whole would improve more, and hence make the overall comps better.

pv4
13-08-2013, 10:57 PM
Muswellbrook reserves........currently on a 5 match winning streak, which included knocking off the first placed side.

Just saying.............

That month off did you guys the world of good!

We're just trying to use examples at certain peoples/clubs expense - there's no malice behind any of the discussion I don't think.

The Dreaded Keeper
13-08-2013, 11:09 PM
The month off did the football good. Me? Well I started the month of at 84kgs. I ended it at 90kgs. I know what you're thinking, but the answer is no-I'm not "bulking".

pv4
13-08-2013, 11:11 PM
The month off did the football good. Me? Well I started the month of at 84kgs. I ended it at 90kgs. I know what you're thinking, but the answer is no-I'm not "bulking".

Remember when I told you your butt didn't look big in those keeper shorts? I lied :rof:

thephenom
14-08-2013, 12:20 PM
At this stage I would say that we (Muswellbrook ) will stay in ID2 . Unless we manage to sign at least another 15 players , we would only be kidding ourselves taking 20 blokes away every weekend to play 3 games. As far as the remaining rounds are concerned , we play Merewether tonight , Charlestown Saturday and Hamilton in the final round. This is a tough run into the final series , and we wont be taking any of these teams lightly. We are well aware that we only need 4 points to win the minor premiership (on goal diff) but we will be playing as we always do...to win. I realise the Charlestown and Hamilton games will be very important to both teams in securing a top 4 spot and I wish them the best of luck. Either way the next few weeks will be entertaining and passionate football. Look forward to it!

TXK
14-08-2013, 12:45 PM
At this stage I would say that we (Muswellbrook ) will stay in ID2 . Unless we manage to sign at least another 15 players , we would only be kidding ourselves taking 20 blokes away every weekend to play 3 games. As far as the remaining rounds are concerned , we play Merewether tonight , Charlestown Saturday and Hamilton in the final round. This is a tough run into the final series , and we wont be taking any of these teams lightly. We are well aware that we only need 4 points to win the minor premiership (on goal diff) but we will be playing as we always do...to win. I realise the Charlestown and Hamilton games will be very important to both teams in securing a top 4 spot and I wish them the best of luck. Either way the next few weeks will be entertaining and passionate football. Look forward to it!

Strongly beg to differ on the staying in ZL2 part. I will talk more on that subject if we actually get top spot which as you said we still need to lock down! Agree with rest but, going to be a tough end to the season, fingers crossed we get the job done. Looking forward to tonight!

Drunken ranger
14-08-2013, 01:36 PM
Do mussy still have there all age o/35's sides ???? Plus you's have a 15's and 17's This year so I think you's would find the numbers to move up if u's win minor premiership

Robbery
14-08-2013, 11:16 PM
Merewether 1 - 4 Muswellbrook first grade. Much better performance this time - both teams had several chances for more goals but were a touch wasteful. Muswellbrook showing why they r up the top with plenty of speed and movement that made it quite hard for us. Good bunch of blokes who had a laugh and chat with us during the game.

thephenom
15-08-2013, 02:47 PM
Merewether 1 - 4 Muswellbrook first grade. Much better performance this time - both teams had several chances for more goals but were a touch wasteful. Muswellbrook showing why they r up the top with plenty of speed and movement that made it quite hard for us. Good bunch of blokes who had a laugh and chat with us during the game.

Can honestly say Merewether are a good bunch of blokes , thoroughly enjoyed the enthusiasm they showed with nothing to play for they still came out and played with their heads up and in good spirits. Thanks lads , we at Muswellbrook wish you guys all the best.

nosmackjustfact
17-08-2013, 10:28 PM
The fact....
The hammers have put the nail in the finals series.

dingdong
17-08-2013, 10:31 PM
score?

Shayne
17-08-2013, 11:11 PM
score?

First

2-1 Charlie

Reserves

2-1 Charlie

pv4
18-08-2013, 12:10 AM
The fact....
The hammers have put the nail in the finals series.

No smack :rof:

true waterboy
18-08-2013, 02:59 AM
well done to charlie
will make next week a massive game.

mussy need a point to seal minor premiership (according to posts above)
yet hamo needing a win to get into the finals.

Cabaye#4
18-08-2013, 09:51 AM
If Medowie win by 8 it could also be interesting....

Also. If Jeso win 6-0 and Mussy draw 1-1, they'll finish equal on points, goal difference AND goals scored!
Sack race, anyone?

TXK
18-08-2013, 04:53 PM
Charlestown 2 - 1 Muswellbrook

Well haven't we made it a lot more difficult for ourselves... That being said, last night was one of the best games of football I have been involved in this year. Football is such a funny game, we play awful against Medowie and Merewether and pickup two wins. Put in one of our best team performances of the year and come up short, but in the end that's football. IMO Mussy were definitely the better team in the first period. Created plenty of chances, playing through Charlie's midfield time after time and exposing their wide areas, but again a mixture wastefulness in front of goal, scrambling defense and decent goalkeeping proved detrimental as we only took a one goal lead in at the break. Despite this, Charlie weren't by any means no shows in the first half with Chris their striker looking dangerous everytime he was in possession and was definitely the most likely to create something for them. We just about dealt with him but restricting him to a couple of half chances from range, Charlie's biggest threats being set-pieces and were happy to go into half-time with a clean-sheet and a slim lead.

Second half continued in the same vein, Mussy playing well, Charlestown keeping well in it and threatening from set pieces without really having any clear cut chances in open play. I can't remember the sequence of events exactly but basically in a 10 minute period Charlestown scored from the scraps of a corner and Mussy missed a penalty to seal it. This changed everything. Charlestown looked a lot sharper with their tails up and pushed for the win, Mussy looked a bit leggy possibly from the 3 games in 6 days but regardless it is no excuse, we shouldn't have the lead slip. The final period was pretty end to end, both teams hoping for the winner, which Charlestown grabbed in the last minute of regulation time. Again Mussy not clearing their line from a corner, Charlie picking up the scraps. Game over.

A note on the ref. Hands down the best we have had all season, I don't if he made a wrong call all night, I wish we could have him every game. Similarly the club ref that did the ressies game, thought he was top notch. End of the day big congrats to Charlestown on securing their finals spot, they battled hard all game and took advantage when we dropped our guard in the second half, doing just enough in their defensive third to keep us out as well. Well played guys and you well and truly deserve your finals place. I think Charlestown are a generally solid team, sprinkled with some real quality that makes the difference. I enjoy that they try to play a decent brand of football as well, with both teams attempting to play a passing style last night it was really enjoyable to play and from speaking to a few neutrals, was a great game to watch. Hard to swallow as I think our boys played really well too, just one of those games where Charlie wanted it that little more and showed a little more desperation. There was a bit of niggle during the game, but when its a high-stakes match like last night was, as if it wasn't going to be competitive and have a little bit of fire. I think there is a fair bit of respect between the two clubs but and after the whistle both teams shook hands and the sportsmanship was great.

So it all comes down to the last round, heaps to play for and it should be an absolute cracker!

sharky21
18-08-2013, 04:55 PM
Its good to see that the race to become Premiers is going down to the last week and same with the race for the final four. It makes my comment at the half way mark some what true, that this comp has been a real tight one. Well for the majority of the table anyway.

the_butcher
18-08-2013, 07:48 PM
How come clubs like Charlestown have little to no supporters? Muswellbrook brought with them maybe 50 people, though some of which were expats living in newy. Charlestown would have had between 5-10. Just surprises me that these clubs can't draw something resembling a crowd, especially on a Saturday night.

Also, big respect to the Charlestown player that came over and thanked the travelling Muswellbrook supports after the game. Top stuff mate. Your #7 could learn a bit from you.

Swanky
19-08-2013, 11:25 AM

Hamilton Olympic 6 a side summer comp to be played Tuesday nights from October thru to December at Darling St Oval
Contact Bill 0402872569 if you require more info

nosmackjustfact
19-08-2013, 01:55 PM
The fact.
Cheers butcher that was me and also also me that reffed.not sure on the crowd but agree that it was a good hard game.maybe you guys up the bush should stop chasing kangaroos and hit the pub a bit more you guys are too fit and fast for my liking.good bunch of blokes and best of luck trying to seal it.txk on the money with your views.

grub
20-08-2013, 12:45 PM
Charlestown 2 - 1 Muswellbrook

So it all comes down to the last round, heaps to play for and it should be an absolute cracker!

Hi txk do you know if your reserves are still coming down to play tomorrow night v merewether ? I see they cant make the semis now and would be a long way to travel for what some would call a "nothing" game. I'm pretty sure our boys still wanna play.

thephenom
20-08-2013, 01:11 PM
Hi txk do you know if your reserves are still coming down to play tomorrow night v merewether ? I see they cant make the semis now and would be a long way to travel for what some would call a "nothing" game. I'm pretty sure our boys still wanna play.

Hey mate , our boys will definitely be travelling down. they will be looking to end the season on a high after an inconsistent season.

thephenom
20-08-2013, 01:13 PM
What can we say? Not a lot except hats off to Charlestown for showing that they are a great football side and are serious contenders for the title. also seemed like a good bunch of blokes , and well deserved the win. so good luck in the final series lads.

thephenom
20-08-2013, 01:22 PM
So its come down to the final weekend of the season to determine the fate of all 4 teams. Very exciting stuff , couldn't have asked for a better end to the year! On that note , good luck to all this weekend. Now we face the task of travelling away to Hamilton this weekend needing to win to wrap up the minor premiership. Doesn't get much harder than that , but sure to be an entertaining game. As the way it stands it will make for a competitive final series. If we beat Hamilton we will (most likely) play westlakes in a 1V4 playoff. If we lose we will take on Hamilton once again. Jesmond look set to take on Charlestown or Hamilton (assuming Charlie beat Uni) or even Westlakes... Its confusing huh? lol. No doubt westlakes will be sweating on results. Any thoughts?

TXK
20-08-2013, 01:41 PM

As thephenom said mate we will def be coming to play. Regardless of the nothing to play for we have had teams forfeit against us at home in the past and its just something out club has always held a strong position against. Speaking to majority of the boys today they are still very keen for it and looking forward to their final two games before sitting back and having a brew whilst supporting our firsts from then on!

Cabaye#4
20-08-2013, 08:53 PM
Let's not forget about reserve grade either.
Charlestown host Uni knowing if they win they'll win the minor premiership on goal difference, bumping uni to 2nd, westlakes to 3rd. Jeso should comfortably beat Merewether, meaning Olympic need at least a draw to keep Jesmond in 5th.
BUT if Olympic win, they'd overtake Westlakes on GD, and if Charlie don't win, they could finish 3rd or 4th, depending on Olympic's result...

So Muswellbrook vs Olympic is massive in both grades!

Charlie Bubblegum
20-08-2013, 10:27 PM
The amount of Ke$ha that I have listened to......

Hotline
20-08-2013, 10:31 PM

What happened, not sealed after all?

Itsmuz
23-08-2013, 08:36 AM
What happened, not sealed after all?

Yeah, mathematical error from the uni guy.
We've been struggling a bit ever since uni holidays and have only had one win in the 4 since the holidays started.
Injuries have been adding up a bit too and a broken foot/ankle (I heard) to one of our strikers early in the Westlakes game didnt help either.

That said, big game for both teams this weekend and there will be no excuses either way.
Should be a cracker :)

dingdong
24-08-2013, 06:26 PM
olympic v mussy

res 4-0
1st 1-2

well done to our reserve grade boys for making semis and for finishing the season strongly. Also, congratulations to mussy for winning the premiership, best team all year and deserved winners. We played well today and went 1-0 up early and continued to play well in the 1st half, putting mussy under some real pressure. 2nd half mussy were too strong and just over ran us and deserved the win, so well done. Also, well done to Jesmond, Westlakes and Charlestown for making the semis, all the best.

sharky21
24-08-2013, 06:38 PM
Medowie V Tenambit
Res
0-1 Tenambit
First
4-1 (maybe 5 lost count) Medowie

Congrats to Mussy on becoming Premiers enjoy League 1 (assuming u take promotion)

Got luck to all who made the finals .

true waterboy
24-08-2013, 06:46 PM
Congrats to mussy

really surprised to hear hamo missing out. I had a strange feeling they would take it out.

true waterboy
24-08-2013, 07:09 PM
any news on the uni charlie game?

Drunken ranger
24-08-2013, 07:16 PM
Congrats to the screaming eagles

JimJam
24-08-2013, 07:19 PM
Uni v Charlie

Res: 0 - 0 (Uni wraps up minor premiership, finally! haha)
Firsts: Uni 4 - 1 Charlie

TXK
24-08-2013, 07:55 PM
olympic v mussy

res 4-0
1st 1-2

well done to our reserve grade boys for making semis and for finishing the season strongly. Also, congratulations to mussy for winning the premiership, best team all year and deserved winners. We played well today and went 1-0 up early and continued to play well in the 1st half, putting mussy under some real pressure. 2nd half mussy were too strong and just over ran us and deserved the win, so well done. Also, well done to Jesmond, Westlakes and Charlestown for making the semis, all the best.

Thanks Dingdong! Agree with all you have said, Hamilton really strong in the first half and put us under some real pressure. Pauly (as always) and Lucas up front were class! Second half we pulled our fingers out but and came away with the points. Stoked to have clinched it in what was again, a really good really competitive game. Hats off to Olympic a bit of niggle on the pitch but afterwards their attitudes were top notch and we had a chat and a beer. I've said it before, but that is what local football is all about! Cheers for the game Olympic and your hospitality, really well fought and unfortunate you aren't there in the finals, a quality team. Off for some beers, congrats to all the teams that have made the finals. Will be a good contest!!!

nosmackjustfact
24-08-2013, 08:58 PM
The fact.
Regies game very even only the keeper the difference otherwise could've been different.
1st grade Charlie just not interested and a few out.
Side note uni bench in first were ordinary and left the place a mess a rev up made sure the shed was clean.bit disappointing enjoy mad Monday hope your mums are there to help clean up.

pastor399
24-08-2013, 10:01 PM
The fact.
Regies game very even only the keeper the difference otherwise could've been different.
1st grade Charlie just not interested and a few out.
Side note uni bench in first were ordinary and left the place a mess a rev up made sure the shed was clean.bit disappointing enjoy mad Monday hope your mums are there to help clean up.

The Facts:

if there was a canteen there might of being more. if a bin was provided per regulations there might of being none.

if the ref had a spine in res grade there should of being about 5 red cards (4 charly:1 uni).

Mad Monday will be awesome, and we will see you next week

nosmackjustfact
24-08-2013, 10:33 PM
The fact.
So the bins used to clean up after your childish habits magically appeared?
Second on the canteen yes there was none but at your ground I personally purchased from then had to supply change so you could charge everyone else,an under run canteen is better than none?
3rd your card situation totally wrong I seen one uni player lash out at least 3 times and remain on?i think you should not give accounts with the amount smack you dribble.
NO SMACK

pv4
25-08-2013, 01:42 AM
"No smack" - drops a line about other peoples mums :rof:

Congrats to Mussy on taking the premiership. I really didn't think Jesmond deserved it (solely because I didn't see anything special from them at all) so was glad to see someone overtake them.

Olympic were my pick for the GF. Them not making it has changed everything. The only prediction I can make is that the teams who get a good run with refs will take the cake, that's about all I'll be able to distinguish between the sides IMO

Swanky
25-08-2013, 05:34 AM
Congrats to all teams in the semis
1v4 1st Mussy v Westlakes
1v4 Res Uni v Charlestown
2v3 1st Jeso v Charlestown
2v3 Res Olympic v Westlakes
Charlestown n Westlakes have busy weekends coming up playing Saturday and Sunday but bonus is both teams in the semis

Cabaye#4
25-08-2013, 11:42 AM
The Facts:

if there was a canteen there might of being more. if a bin was provided per regulations there might of being none.

if the ref had a spine in res grade there should of being about 5 red cards (4 charly:1 uni).

Mad Monday will be awesome, and we will see you next week

4 red cards? That comment is laughable.
So, as such, hahahahahahaha. 4 red cards? Ha. You are a bunch of dreamers.

And I'm sorry the four garbage bins that were all located outside the sheds were not located close enough to your rubbish tip next to the team's bench. Perhaps Westlakes can be more accommodating and provide a fifth bin to allow for the rubbish you are talking on here.

Charlie Bubblegum
25-08-2013, 03:49 PM
I'm a minor premier now. I'd like to thank Kesha(with a dollar sign), Charles Grodin and the country Luxembourg. Three true inspirations. When we win the Grand Final, I promise you all that I will find a way to combine the three and together we will build a better world. Thank you all. *mic drop*

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
25-08-2013, 04:50 PM
Jeso 3 v Merewether 1 and reggies 2-1.
For a team that potentially had everything to play for, we were quite disjointed in the first half, going to the sheds 0-1 after a well taken Merewether goal. We had the majority of the ball but couldn't create any more than 3 chances. We did have our striker taken down twice from behind in the box without a pen, the second resulting in him needing to be substituted at half time.
We had a good chat at the break, didnt sound the alarm bells and in the second half our chances created must have reached double figures. After initially appearing that it wasn't going to be our day, a superb free kick was followed by a neat finish from our other striker and then the same bloke finished off a nice goal at the back stick.
Strange to see their captain playing a big part in reggies when they appeared to have many numbers, he did appear buggered after firsts and rightly so.
Congrats to Merewether who dug in and had a go. I've seen them a few times and even when outclassed they continue to fight and do themselves proud. They don't get dirty or start crap like others might, good to see.
Big congrats to Musswellbrook on their minor premiership. Most other years our points accumulated would have been more than enough but came across you guys who in the end were too consistent. I'd love to see you in the g/f but we both have bloody hard opponents to conquer first.

SK15
25-08-2013, 06:04 PM
Thanks Dingdong! Agree with all you have said, Hamilton really strong in the first half and put us under some real pressure. Pauly (as always) and Lucas up front were class! Second half we pulled our fingers out but and came away with the points. Stoked to have clinched it in what was again, a really good really competitive game. Hats off to Olympic a bit of niggle on the pitch but afterwards their attitudes were top notch and we had a chat and a beer. I've said it before, but that is what local football is all about! Cheers for the game Olympic and your hospitality, really well fought and unfortunate you aren't there in the finals, a quality team. Off for some beers, congrats to all the teams that have made the finals. Will be a good contest!!!

Thanks for the game Mussy. Classy team with their ability and attitudes. The ref was also good yesterday and I can't complain about not making the finals.

The Dreaded Keeper
25-08-2013, 10:32 PM
I'd like to put out a "Coach of the year" nomination for the Muswellbrook head coach, Thom "TXK" Kane. He's taken a side who last year didn't make the semi's, lost more than we gained in player movements in the off season, and turned us into the minor prems.

He's brought reserve graders of 2012 into the side, along with an U17's player from last year. He's changed formations, playing styles of individuals and the team as a whole. He's studied other sides on recon trips down the valley and prepped game plans to suit. He's turned a team who historically are all about pace and attacking ability, into a patient side with the best defensive record across the season, using three fullbacks aged 23, 20 & 18. Incredible. He's achieved all of this with a first grade turnout of 6-8 at most training sessions due to shift work.

He's 23 years old I believe and has a football brain that can't be beat. One of the best coaches I've come across, and a top bloke to boot. Congrats on the minor (major) premiership Thommy-you deserve it mate!!!

sharky21
25-08-2013, 10:39 PM
Dnt do ur mob any injustice by using the word "minor". U boys are Premiers nothing minor about it. Who ever wins the gf are grandfinal winners.
If a team who finished fourth win the gf there is no way they should be talked of as greater the the team who came first over the whole season.

Congrats once again on becoming Premiers.

namwob99
25-08-2013, 10:45 PM
Dnt do ur mob any injustice by using the word "minor". U boys are Premiers nothing minor about it. Who ever wins the gf are grandfinal winners.
If a team who finished fourth win the gf there is no way they should be talked of as greater the the team who came first over the whole season.

Congrats once again on becoming Premiers.

On the money Blackman. Lol

Robbery
25-08-2013, 11:04 PM
Jeso 3 v Merewether 1 and reggies 2-1.
For a team that potentially had everything to play for, we were quite disjointed in the first half, going to the sheds 0-1 after a well taken Merewether goal. We had the majority of the ball but couldn't create any more than 3 chances. We did have our striker taken down twice from behind in the box without a pen, the second resulting in him needing to be substituted at half time.
We had a good chat at the break, didnt sound the alarm bells and in the second half our chances created must have reached double figures. After initially appearing that it wasn't going to be our day, a superb free kick was followed by a neat finish from our other striker and then the same bloke finished off a nice goal at the back stick.
Strange to see their captain playing a big part in reggies when they appeared to have many numbers, he did appear buggered after firsts and rightly so.
Congrats to Merewether who dug in and had a go. I've seen them a few times and even when outclassed they continue to fight and do themselves proud. They don't get dirty or start crap like others might, good to see.
Big congrats to Musswellbrook on their minor premiership. Most other years our points accumulated would have been more than enough but came across you guys who in the end were too consistent. I'd love to see you in the g/f but we both have bloody hard opponents to conquer first.

To be fair I did play at least 2 games a week last season due to lack of numbers and always put my hand up to play if we are short on numbers and only came on yesterday for a player who had to run a half marathon today as we only had one sub spare. Was rather buggered after the game and a half but helping the club out when I can is the main thing as we didn't have too much to play for. Your guys should have had one pen in firsts which was clear cut but somehow the ref missed it. Second half you definitely had the dominance and did also miss a couple of clear chances in amongst a budgie causing some havoc and swooping the keeper ha. As I said previously it has been hard losing 9 first graders from last year but the guys this year have put in as much as they could and its actually been quite an enjoyable year despite the results.

Cabaye#4
25-08-2013, 11:11 PM
Can anyone confirm this?

1st Leg
Saturday 31st @ Rathmines Oval
3pm Mussy v Westlakes
115pm Uni v Charlestown

Sunday 1st @ Charlestown Oval
3pm Jeso v Charlestown
115pm Olympic v Westlakes

2nd Leg
Saturday 7th @ Jesmond Park
3pm Charlestown v Jeso
115pm Westlakes v Olympic

Sunday 8th @ Victoria Park
3pm Westlakes v Mussy
115pm Charlestown v Uni

This would be correct as per post a few ages ago, but can anyone confirm?

Charlie Bubblegum
25-08-2013, 11:44 PM
So darn keen to see my boy Murray do a goal for Uni!

Charlie Bubblegum
26-08-2013, 12:02 AM
I'd like to put out a "Coach of the year" nomination for the Muswellbrook head coach, Thom "TXK" Kane. He's taken a side who last year didn't make the semi's, lost more than we gained in player movements in the off season, and turned us into the minor prems.

He's brought reserve graders of 2012 into the side, along with an U17's player from last year. He's changed formations, playing styles of individuals and the team as a whole. He's studied other sides on recon trips down the valley and prepped game plans to suit. He's turned a team who historically are all about pace and attacking ability, into a patient side with the best defensive record across the season, using three fullbacks aged 23, 20 & 18. Incredible. He's achieved all of this with a first grade turnout of 6-8 at most training sessions due to shift work.

He's 23 years old I believe and has a football brain that can't be beat. One of the best coaches I've come across, and a top bloke to boot. Congrats on the minor (major) premiership Thommy-you deserve it mate!!!

He knows how to spend. He bought himself a fairly versatile blob from Wollongong and converted him into a wing back and an amazing midfielder from Liverpoop (the town, not the pretend premier league team, they are still in the premier league right?)
But really, great mate and an amazing Manager. He not only got us a premiership, he changed the culture of the club.

Itsmuz
26-08-2013, 10:06 AM
So darn keen to see my boy Murray do a goal for Uni!

Hahahaha
For you, mate, I'll do my best.

pv4
26-08-2013, 10:13 AM
Can anyone confirm this?

1st Leg
Saturday 31st @ Rathmines Oval
3pm Mussy v Westlakes
115pm Uni v Charlestown

Sunday 1st @ Charlestown Oval
3pm Jeso v Charlestown
115pm Olympic v Westlakes

2nd Leg
Saturday 7th @ Jesmond Park
3pm Charlestown v Jeso
115pm Westlakes v Olympic

Sunday 8th @ Victoria Park
3pm Westlakes v Mussy
115pm Charlestown v Uni

This would be correct as per post a few ages ago, but can anyone confirm?

I'm under the impression that the rough plan was as posted, but clubs can ask for a change of day here or there if they can't host for a particular reason. And I'm under the impression (from a brief chat) that Mussy may not be able to host Sunday-week, and may need to change to the Sat, so I assume it will be 1v4 @ Rathmines this Sun, 1v4 @ Mussy next Sat, and 2v3 to have the inverse days to that. That's me assuming, btw.

Itsmuz
26-08-2013, 10:20 AM
Also want to extend my congrats to mussy (and 'TXK') for getting minor premiers. Good team and a great bunch of guys (and the only team i've had the pleasure of playing a full game of firsts and reggies against) and it's even more impressive when you consider the distance they have to travel every second week. They play the game in the right spirit and have shown us all what park football is about. So cheers and congrats. I'll be sad if you fellas go up to ZL1, but wouldnt hold it against you as you earned it more than any other club.

Also wish to thank all the teams and players involved, its been a great season and a lot of fun and apart from what appears to be a bit of bitterness in the charlie camp after saturdays results (and the apparent garbage dump we must have left behind) I've not heard a bad word said about us at uni nor have I had any bad words to say about any of the other clubs. Nearly every club has hung around after games for a chat and beer and it makes gameday a lot more enjoyable.
Credit also olympic for having the best bbq post-match.

Also congrats to charlie and westlakes for making finals in both grades, and to olympic for getting there in reggies. All good teams and looking forward to the finals series (even if we do have to travel to Westlakes and Mussy).

Hope to see as many clubs turn out to support as possible. It's always good having a crowd.
Thanks to everyone involved in making it such a great year.

thephenom
26-08-2013, 11:14 AM

Couldn't agree more! He has accomplished a lot with very little resources and an inconsistent player roster. Hats off to the gaff of the year!

Swanky
26-08-2013, 11:25 AM
I'm under the impression that the rough plan was as posted, but clubs can ask for a change of day here or there if they can't host for a particular reason. And I'm under the impression (from a brief chat) that Mussy may not be able to host Sunday-week, and may need to change to the Sat, so I assume it will be 1v4 @ Rathmines this Sun, 1v4 @ Mussy next Sat, and 2v3 to have the inverse days to that. That's me assuming, btw.

Im pretty sure days are not negotiable going from emails received. If your grounds are unavailable you need to seek available grounds that you can use on your hosting day or swap your home fixture between Legs

CCB
26-08-2013, 12:02 PM
1st Grade
P
W
L
D
F
A
GD
Pts
CC

Muswellbrook FC

Jesmond FC

Charlestown City Blues

Westlakes Wildcats FC

Medowie FC

Hamilton Olympic

University FC

Merewether Advance FC

Tenambit Sharks FC

Reserve Grade
P
W
L
D
F
A
GD
Pts
CC

University FC

Hamilton Olympic

Westlakes Wildcats FC

Charlestown City Blues

Jesmond FC

Muswellbrook FC

Tenambit Sharks FC

Medowie FC

Merewether Advance FC

Club Championship
Pts

Jesmond FC

Muswellbrook FC

Charlestown City Blues

Westlakes Wildcats FC

Hamilton Olympic

University FC

Medowie FC

Merewether Advance FC

Tenambit Sharks FC

Congratulations to Muswellbrook, Uni & Jesmond for winning the Premiership(s) and the Club Championship, respectively.
Also congratulations to Westlakes and our Charlestown boys for making the finals in both grades.

TXK
26-08-2013, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys, much appreciated! I think it more comes down to the core group of people at the club but who make the job a lot easier hold the club together. Also helps when the playing group is unified with their goals....

Muz, surely the trip up the Valley will feel like a home game for you with the reception I expect you'll receive? You have turned into somewhat of a cult hero up this way!

Again cheers to everyone for the season. Can't remember a year where we have gotten along so well with teams off the pitch. A lot of mutual respect I think and it's great.

Ramsbelong@jesmond park cheers for congrats, it's been a really well fought battle at the top. Well done to you guys on the club championship, I know a lot of your boys hold it in really high esteemz Tough semis for both of us definitely, will see how it pans out from here whether we play each other again. If we do I'm sure it will be another tight one! Will dare say I'll be popping in to say g'day in the semis regardless.

As for our semi schedule my preference is to stay as is. Hopefully it doesn't throw too much of a spanner in the works for Westlakes, I'm sure there will be some discussion over the coming days, however.

Looking forward to these finals series, can go any way with the teams involved, in both grades!

Cabaye#4
26-08-2013, 05:28 PM
Im pretty sure days are not negotiable going from emails received. If your grounds are unavailable you need to seek available grounds that you can use on your hosting day or swap your home fixture between Legs

The zone league regulations actually state that the semis are to be played on those specific days. Not sure why, but i daresay if its stated in the competition regulations, its non negotiable?

sharky21
27-08-2013, 09:34 AM
Have just read on Zl3 thread that semis are 1v2 3v4 all played on same day. Had a look at sporting pulse and it says the same. Much better system I think. But as was pointed out to me with playing on same day ur res and first could be playing at two different grounds.
Would have thought major one day minor the next or vice versa.

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
27-08-2013, 11:25 AM
Lads - please disregard sporting pulse with the major/minor semi final scenario. The semi final format is 1 v 4 and 2 v 3 as per the Excel file of the draw all clubs previously received. The website has made a mistake as automatically reverts to past finals formats. Russell Henry is doing his best to have this rectified. Cheers.

Westlakes Wildcats FC
28-08-2013, 10:28 AM
Under the assumption that it will be confirmed the 1 vs 4 finals will be played at Rathmines Oval this Saturday:

Westlakes Wildcats FC are pleased to be [potentially] hosting the first 1 vs 4 Semi-Final this Saturday. We look forward to seeing supporters from Uni, Charlestown and Muswellbrook come down to support their teams.

We'd like to remind or inform people coming to watch that Rathmines Oval is a licensed premises and therefore you are not allowed to bring your own alcohol to the ground, and only alcohol served in the canteen by one of our friendly canteen staff to anyone over 18 is allowed to be consumed in the designated alcohol-pro areas. Westlakes pride themselves on having one of the best range of alcohol selections in Newcastle so if you have a particular poison, we probably have it. If there's any specific requests for people who pledge to buy a certain amount of a drink, let us know and we will try and stock it before Saturday. The canteen will be full of hot food too - pies, sausage rolls, bacon, eggs, sausages, steak, etc. Make sure you bring your coin purses down!

Everyone is also invited to Rathmines Bowling Club after the games for a friendly chat, drink and feed.

See you all Saturday (under the assumption that we get confirmation we are actually hosting on Saturday)!

true waterboy
28-08-2013, 01:02 PM
See you all Saturday (under the assumption that we get confirmation we are actually hosting on Saturday)!

Been confirmed today.

Are the games at charlie sunday going to be normal times?
in the email the times are listed as TBA and the ground listed as charlie subject to change?

Swanky
28-08-2013, 03:15 PM
Been confirmed today.

Are the games at charlie sunday going to be normal times?
in the email the times are listed as TBA and the ground listed as charlie subject to change?

There is an all age f women's semi at Charlestown oval kicking off at 12.15 so it may be delayed kick off for the ZL boys or moved I would say Charlestown are looking into it

CCB
28-08-2013, 05:19 PM
There is an all age f women's semi at Charlestown oval kicking off at 12.15 so it may be delayed kick off for the ZL boys or moved I would say Charlestown are looking into it
Correct. I'd say it will be moved back, just discussing our options (Lisle Carr is an option), and will let you know when we confirm.

true waterboy
28-08-2013, 05:29 PM
cheers CCB

pv4
28-08-2013, 05:34 PM
Lisle Carr would be sick

Swanky
28-08-2013, 06:53 PM
SEMI WEEK 1
LEAGUE TWO
3v2
1/09/2013 Sunday
2:15pm Res Westlakes Wildcats FC v Hamilton Olympic FC @ Charlestown Oval
4:00pm 1st Charlestown City Blues v Jesmond FC @ Charlestown Oval

pv4
31-08-2013, 07:12 PM
Reserves 1-1
Firsts Mus 3-0

nosmackjustfact
31-08-2013, 07:53 PM
The fact.
West lakes venue was fantastic ball boys canteen was a plus.however as a spectator only today I am bitterly disappointed.
During first grade some local fans,uncouth brats,drunk yocals, however you describe we're absolutely disgraceful.after giving it to 2 elderly mussy supporters turned on one mussy guy supporting and looking after their bags that were later vandalized.one bloke jumped all over their kits(looked to be in a marching band) then 20 minutes after a confrontation with the mussy guy grabbed their white board and snapped it in half over the fence.after all this and terrible calls towards players one fellow fan told them to stop all this was happening while 2 duty officers were sitting no less than 20 meters away they(so called officers) finally got the courage after 2 other guys said enough was enough.blow ins or not it raises questions of the duty officers and rsa's.it was a great day tarnished by some foul mouthed arogant ignorant girlfriends tank top wearing fools.well done mussy and both regies teams.

true waterboy
31-08-2013, 08:42 PM
The local spectator was an absolute disgrace which was upsetting as it was looking like a good day.
As for your comments about duty officers sitting 20 metres away, I was one of them and tbh i didnt know any of this was happening till someone told me about it which was too late. I was to busy watching the game which was sadly down the other end of the feild as we were totally out played by mussy (congrats to them btw, they deserved it).
If like you said a mussy guy saw his mates stuff getting stood on why didnt he move the bags?
Either way he shouldnt have to and im annoyed that this happened. Ive got a mate from mussy and it seems it was his stuff that was targeted so very upset about what happened.

The fact, apart from that it was a pretty big day for me as a duty officer, had to stop a few spectators bringing in alcohol and some coaches bringing alcohol onto the field, people drinking in the car park, so its not like we did nothing as you say.

nosmackjustfact
31-08-2013, 09:00 PM
The mussy bloke was being threaten by more than one individual for confronting them in the first place.i seen where you sitting and mate if you didn't see it then you were the only one on that side of the field.i didn't say you did nothing but for this case very disappointing,they were disgraceful and the clowns behind them encouraging him to "jab him" we're just as bad as I said a well run day by your club but that was disgraceful and blokes like that should be kept in their kennels.

true waterboy
31-08-2013, 09:12 PM
Yeah I can honestly say I didnt see it, but agree with everything you say.
I have no idea why but our last two games (uni and today) our supporters have been extremely disrespectful to the opposition and imo its embarrassing. Ive been at westlakes for a few seasons and love the culture the club has developed but these guys are ruining it for us guys. Its something our committee will have to address in the offseason because its unacceptable.

Apologies to all those affected.

The Dreaded Keeper
01-09-2013, 12:50 AM
The Muswellbrook lad who tried to help out is one of the most placid dudes you'll ever meet. He wouldn't have a violent bone in his body so I'm pleased that this wanker in question didn't "Jab him".
The onus can't just fall onto the duty officials. The players at the club have to get involved and control the people who are giving your club a bad name. I wouldn't allow this behavior at the Eagles. And if I carried on like that the other Eagles would snap me into line.
I suggest the player/supporter in question face a period of banishment. Either that or bring him up to Muswellbrook next week and we'll let our fans sort him out........joking, of course.

pv4
01-09-2013, 01:56 AM
I didn't see nor hear about the incident till well after the game. All I saw from the field was what seemed like fun banter, that even a Mbrook player positively responded to.

But seeing the aftermath of what they did, it's pretty embarrassing tbh. It should go without saying that a resolution was quickly sorted with mussy about the broken equipment.

The problem people weren't even randoms, they come to a lot of games. It's so out of character for the people to be totally honest. I'm sure they'll be saying sorry before we even approach them.

I obviously didn't see the sequence of events - but I've been told the duty officers ejected two people. Seems to me they sorted it out.

But yeah, a somewhat sour note on an otherwise big day that a big effort was put into. I look forward to the other semis.

pv4
01-09-2013, 02:05 AM
On the actual game - first half was even, westlakes invited muswellbrook in for a cup of tea & 3 points in the second half

The Dreaded Keeper
01-09-2013, 02:20 AM
Totally agree on the game. Dunc was class. Doesn't lose a header. Fingers was excellent in the first half and went really quiet in the 2nd. Not sure why you guys swapped him onto the other flank? I think your midfield let you down in the second period. Gave our guys time and space which is the last thing you want to give a midfield with two decent strikers in front of them.

Your left back had a real tough time with Clint too. He's a hard bloke to mark I imagine, with that pace and close control.

While I'm on here, anyone see Joe Hart's step over in the City vs Hull game? A keeper doing a step over, and totes ****ed the striker. That's right, a bearded, dreadlocked, 30 year old man just said "totes". Live with it.

Charlie Bubblegum
01-09-2013, 02:13 PM
Murrey should have taken the penalty in the reserve grade match. It's safe to say that Charlie Bubblegum is disappointed.

pv4
01-09-2013, 06:24 PM
Reserves olympic 1-0

The Dreaded Keeper
01-09-2013, 08:24 PM
Hey pv4, if Westlakes were to beat Muswellbrook at The Nest next week 2-1, would they still sing the victory song? Would the Eagles sing for a loss that progresses them to the GF? Interesting thought.........

Premy
01-09-2013, 08:29 PM
Hey pv4, if Westlakes were to beat Muswellbrook at The Nest next week 2-1, would they still sing the victory song? Would the Eagles sing for a loss that progresses them to the GF? Interesting thought.........
That happens to us at Garden Suburb last year we lost the second leg but won overall and we sung the song as loud as ever and we deserved to. We didn't sing after winning the 1st leg because it was only half time job not done.

pv4
01-09-2013, 10:48 PM
Tbh I was surprised to hear teams sing for a first leg victory, but that's just me.