View Full Version : 2013 Zone League 2 Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

boz-monaut
14-11-2012, 10:27 AM
2013 Zone League 2 Thread

Swanky
29-11-2012, 08:44 PM
Olympic Zone League 2 Information Night for Season 2013
Wednesday Night December 5th 7pm @ The Exchange Hotel.
Those wishing to play again this season are encouraged to come along and get info for next season also new players are most welcome to come along
If you would like further Information you can pm me

CCB
10-01-2013, 08:29 AM
Any clubs looking for trial games in the month of March?
Charlestown City Blues are entered in the Solo Cup, however still looking for trials vs any teams interested for the first 2 weekends or last weekend in March.
Please PM or contact Justin on 0421 667 431.

Reds Forever
13-01-2013, 01:05 PM
Hi,
New to area and wanting to play ID football. Looks like Tenambit is closest for me.

Anyone from Tenambit able to advise when training starts?

Swanky
16-01-2013, 08:24 AM
HAMILTON OLYMPIC ZL2
Training begins 6pm Monday 21st January at Johnson Park Lambton (Cnr Wyong and Orlando Roads Lambton)
Training will be Mondays and Thursdays
New players welcome - you can pm for further details or email vasiliosp@yahoo.com

sharky21
17-01-2013, 08:15 PM
Hi,
New to area and wanting to play ID football. Looks like Tenambit is closest for me.

Anyone from Tenambit able to advise when training starts?

Hi Reds Forever,
I am a current member of the Tenambit squad and assistant manager, and our training starts on the 22nd of january at 6:30 at Beryl Humble. So please feel free to come down have a run

pv4
18-01-2013, 01:22 PM
Westlakes Wildcats FC

Training begins Tue 22 Jan, 6:30pm at Rathmines Oval. Bring boots & joggers.

Anyone interested in having a fun football year with good guys & a great club atmosphere feel free to come along and check us out!

Drop me a PM if you want further details

sharky21
21-01-2013, 08:18 PM
How's everyone looking this year?
I'm from Tenambit recently dropped from league 1 just trying to get a feel for the comp. Played a few of the clubs when we last played in 2's but the comp looks very different since then.

Cabaye#4
24-01-2013, 04:16 PM
How's everyone looking this year?
I'm from Tenambit recently dropped from league 1 just trying to get a feel for the comp. Played a few of the clubs when we last played in 2's but the comp looks very different since then.
I've heard that a few tenambit 1st graders have moved to bero ZL3?

sharky21
24-01-2013, 05:52 PM
I've heard that a few tenambit 1st graders have moved to bero ZL3?

We lost a fair few from our res grade and third grade and a handful from first but not enough to worry us. we will still be strong and hopefully challenge for a top four spot.

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
25-01-2013, 04:02 PM
Jesmond Rams FC will commence training Tue Feb 5, 6pm. First 2 weeks will be Tue only before moving to Tue/Thu for remainder of pre season and the season itself. Training will remain @ Heaton Park. We've made application to move to Jesmond Park for matches. All existing players welcome, as is any player looking for a new club. Really good bunch of blokes who get along fantastically. We have all age teams as a possibility for anyone who doesn't make the squad. Coach Mick Coates on 0412 449 333 for any questions.

sharky21
02-02-2013, 02:51 PM
Stat cup draw is out. Who is confident they will get up in round one. Other then my clubs result il be interested in seeing Hamilton Olympic result V Bero as the Bero has quite a number of ex team mates.

TXK
04-02-2013, 09:23 AM
Stat cup draw is out. Who is confident they will get up in round one. Other then my clubs result il be interested in seeing Hamilton Olympic result V Bero as the Bero has quite a number of ex team mates.

Very keen for Mussy vs. Bellbird generally a match that has a bit of fire in it and can be hard to predict a winner. Apart from Bellbird getting a bit of a flogging at Muswellbrook last season, matces are generally pretty even.

sharky21
04-02-2013, 02:18 PM
Very keen for Mussy vs. Bellbird generally a match that has a bit of fire in it and can be hard to predict a winner. Apart from Bellbird getting a bit of a flogging at Muswellbrook last season, matces are generally pretty even.

That will be an interesting fixture as they both in this league might have to get out to that game and do some scouting for up comin games lol. I remember Bellbird were a decent team when we last played them (going back 3 years now) but I'm yet to have the privlidge of a mussy road trip. so hopefully its not on the same day as my own team.

shark attack
07-02-2013, 09:35 AM
hi guys , iam led to believe that medowie have folded and will not be playing zone league football this year.

sharky21
07-02-2013, 09:42 AM
hi guys , iam led to believe that medowie have folded and will not be playing zone league football this year.
Really we have them in a trial on the 3rd of march and were still under the impression they were playing in our comp. Bugger better talk with my club. If true is there a ZL3 team coming up??

shark attack
07-02-2013, 10:01 AM
Really we have them in a trial on the 3rd of march and were still under the impression they were playing in our comp. Bugger better talk with my club. If true is there a ZL3 team coming up??

oh its true , straight form there coach and playing staff , we also had them for a trial.

sharky21
07-02-2013, 10:33 AM
oh its true , straight form there coach and playing staff , we also had them for a trial.
Thanks for the heads up. I better get onto my club to make other arrangements then. cheers.

shark attack
07-02-2013, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I better get onto my club to make other arrangements then. cheers.

maybe we can have trial with you guys since were both in the spot , come back to me dates for a trial , see how we go , we have at least 5 trials , should say 4 now medowie are gone.

sharky21
07-02-2013, 10:43 AM
maybe we can have trial with you guys since were both in the spot , come back to me dates for a trial , see how we go , we have at least 5 trials , should say 4 now medowie are gone.
Il talk to coaching staff tonight and il get our manager to contact u. PM ur details and we will be in touch whether or not we can organise something. cheers.

RANGER09
07-02-2013, 11:16 AM

Thats a shame if its the case, they had quite a few good players. Would like to see a few of them come over to the Terrace, more than welcome if their keen for a run this season!

shark attack
07-02-2013, 02:49 PM
good news for medowie , they are going to try to get there zone league 2 side up for this year , lets hope so , still not looking good out there due to major problems i cant get into.

TXK
08-02-2013, 10:08 AM
Definitely a shame if they fold, never good to see a club not get off the ground. I was speaking to a couple of their coaches in the off-season and they thought they might be struggling for numbers this year. Definite shame, but if they can't get the numbers it might be the best thing to fold. Playing for Muswellbrook last year, I wouldn't recommend any team going into the comp short on players, doesn't make for a fun season. I think there is a minumum squad size that has to be met as well, correct me if I'm wrong. I'm just assuming that player numbers are the issue as well, haven't spoken to their guys since October, but that was the story then...

demon
08-02-2013, 10:42 AM
I think there is a minumum squad size that has to be met as well, correct me if I'm wrong.

No your right, each division has a minimum number of players that need to be registered and their fees paid for by the club by a date set by the Assoc's BUT that is not until shortly before the season kicks off so at this stage of draws and planning the Assoc's have to work off clubs best assessments.

The other issue is registering is not the same as a fit body on the field all year, and some clubs have been known even recently in higher divisions to have to register guys with no intnention of playing just to give them their position in a comp while the find extra players.

sharky21
13-02-2013, 01:44 PM
Any one played any trials yet or got any coming up soon?

pv4
13-02-2013, 02:11 PM
westlakes have their first trial @ home on sat 23 feb v mussy (zl2) and then leading up to the season have trials that coincidentally will see us face off against at least 1 team in every zone league; morisset (zl1), toronto (zl3) & barnsley (zpl). state cup in the middle of it all, plus i daresay a few intra-club trials & whatnot will make for a pretty busy preseason.

Swanky
13-02-2013, 02:57 PM
Olympic play Stockton ZL3 on Sunday arvo then play Kotara / Wallsend / Uni ZL2 as well as State Cup

sharky21
13-02-2013, 03:32 PM
Tenambit have Charlestown City Blues NBN U/19s for our first hit out on 28th Feb closely followed by Medowie on the 3rd Raymond Terrace on the 7th State Cup on 16th The Bero ZL1 a week out before season starts and with a bit of a gap from state Cup and Bero we are chasing another ZL1 team to fit in between then.

TXK
14-02-2013, 09:19 AM
Muswellbrook have Singleton NewFM at Muswellbrook this coming Sunday, followed by Westlakes at Rathmines as mentioned by pv4 on the 23rd. In March we are playing against Wallsend FC ZL1 on the 3rd at their ground and on the 10th we are hosting Gunnedah Imperial up at Muswellbrook. 16th we have Bellbird in the State Cup and to round of pre-season we have Toronto ZL3 coming up to our home ground on the 23rd which will become an annual thing, and this year is coinciding with our big junior registration day to help bridge the gap between our junior and senior clubs and hopefully get a bit of a crowd and interest there.

sharky21
14-02-2013, 02:29 PM
16th we have Bellbird in the State Cup.

You guys are the game before us I do believe. I will be one very interested spectator.

Westlakes Wildcats FC
15-02-2013, 07:15 AM
WESTLAKES WILDCATS FC LOOKING FOR GOALKEEPERS

Westlakes Wildcats FC are chasing goalkeepers for the upcoming season. The ZL2 grand final winning side from last year has considerably strengthened on-field, yet has unfortunately lost both goalkeepers to out-of-district commitments. Anyone interested in playing with a great group of players, a fun atmosphere and with a view to looking at playing ZL1 next year as we are aiming to win the double this year, please get in contact with us. We are advertising for first and reserve grade goalkeepers, but would never say no to a good outfield player either. We have trial games starting next weekend through to the start of the season, so have plenty of opportunities to give you a shot.

If you are interested, get in contact with us in one of the following methods:
Send me a PM
Send an email to westlakes_wildcats@hotmail.com
Get in contact with Brendan on 0439437152
Come to training on a Tuesday or Thursday at Rathmines Oval, 6:30pm start.

TXK
15-02-2013, 08:59 AM
You guys are the game before us I do believe. I will be one very interested spectator.

Will be an interesting game, all our lads are really looking forward to it as well. I daresay there will be a few of our guys interested in checking out your match as well, myself being one of them. I'm very curious to see what level the new teams in the division are at, as I didn't really see any matches outside of ZL2 last season.

Dobbo
15-02-2013, 09:05 AM
Hi all,
Wallsend FC are looking for a team to play our ZL1 third grade team this weekend on Sunday the 17th at ‘The Gardens’ with kick off at 11:30.
Sorry for the late notice, we were set to play Medowie but after recent events they are unable to make the game so we are hoping to find a replacement team.
If you are interested please pm me so we can get it sorted.
Thanks

sharky21
15-02-2013, 10:24 AM
Will be an interesting game, all our lads are really looking forward to it as well. I daresay there will be a few of our guys interested in checking out your match as well, myself being one of them. I'm very curious to see what level the new teams in the division are at, as I didn't really see any matches outside of ZL2 last season.

I was the same didn't get much chance to see any other comps then my own. I might be doing a bit of traveling in pre season to have a look.

TXK
18-02-2013, 09:11 AM
Muswellbrook played a trial vs. Singleton yesterday. We had a squad of about 18, they had about 30 (some of which I have been told only got introduced to everyone on the day) and we played 5 periods of 20 minutes, rotating the players. Final score was 4-2 Singletons way which was pretty disappointing for us seeing as we lead 2-0 for about an hour. Mixture of tired legs, some players taking the "it's only a trial mentality", coach tinkering with the midfield and a touch of awful refereeing (yep, I know it's pre-season but bad refereeing is bad refereeing) changing the game, but at the end of the day you concede 4 goals you probably don't deserve to win. Promising signs I suppose that we were the better team for an hour and we will be better off fitness-wise for the hit-out. Gave the gaffer a chance to look at some new players as well. Will have more players for two-grades against Westlakes this weekend so will get a better idea of how we are looking. Must also be said that if yesterday is anything to go by, Singleton are in for another VERY long year in NewFM, it has always baffled me how they have managed to stay in that competition. Any other trials played over the weekend?

Swanky
18-02-2013, 09:24 AM
From 2013 Zone League 3 Thread

stockton v olympic reserve grade 6 - 1 olympic
stockton blooded many new young guys today and it showed , good to see the boys never gave up , olympic played very well and deserve there win.
stockton v olympic 1st 2 - 2
quiet a good game from both considering a first hit out , a fair result in the end , olympic will be there again this year , have picked some good speed up front.

sharky21
19-02-2013, 10:14 PM
I will hopefully getting in contact with a rep from Medowie mainly about our trial with them and try finding out if they staying in the comp can only hope they can manage to get a team together would be a shame to see them fold.

pv4
22-02-2013, 05:54 PM
trial game planned for tomorrow between Westlakes & Muswellbrook has been cancelled due to weather

newyjet
23-02-2013, 06:18 PM
1. westlakes
2. merewether
3. hamilton
4. charle
5. musswellbroook
6. uni
7. jesmond
8. bellbird
9. medowie
10. tenambit

CCB
23-02-2013, 08:52 PM
Charlestown play Merewether Advance on the 3rd, followed by Garden Suburbs on the 10th, Beresfield (ZL1) on the 17th, New Lambton in the State Cup on the 24th, then still looking to confirm a trial for either the 30th or 31st.

sharky21
23-02-2013, 10:56 PM
1. westlakes
2. merewether
3. hamilton
4. charle
5. musswellbroook
6. uni
7. jesmond
8. bellbird
9. medowie
10. tenambit
What makes u think tenambit will be
will be dead last?? We came down from League 1 may have come last but always were competitive in 90% of games have lost bigger all from first grade infact have improved in my opinion. I understand its your opinion but was just wondering how u came about it that's all??

Premy
23-02-2013, 11:57 PM
What makes u think tenambit will be
will be dead last?? We came down from League 1 may have come last but always were competitive in 90% of games have lost bigger all from first grade infact have improved in my opinion. I understand its your opinion but was just wondering how u came about it that's all??
I for one hope you come straight back up good bunch of blokes laughable that some think you'll come last

sharky21
24-02-2013, 03:36 AM
I for one hope you come straight back up good 9bunch of blokes laughable that some think you'll come last
Cheers mate the old and the new boys will be doing all we can to do that. We will be disappointed if we dot make top four minimum. We dot expect it to be easy but we are well and truly up for the challenge that lays ahead.

pv4
24-02-2013, 01:23 PM
Charlestown play Merewether Advance on the 3rd, followed by Garden Suburbs on the 10th, Beresfield (ZL1) on the 17th, New Lambton in the State Cup on the 24th, then still looking to confirm a trial for either the 30th or 31st.

just know you may struggle to get a game on the 30/31 weekend as its Easter long weekend

thephenom
01-03-2013, 06:13 AM
i think westlakes and muswellbrook will fight for the top position this year. Uni will finish last. Medowie will struggle , along with Bellbird. Hamilton will be consistent but miss out on the finals , same with Jesmond. Top 4 will be Westlakes , Muswellbrook , Merewhether and Charlestown.

thephenom
01-03-2013, 06:15 AM
I think tenambit will be top half for sure.

demon
01-03-2013, 09:25 AM
Did Merewether retain Jesmond Park as a home ground or now they are in the same division did Jesmond take it back as their home ground?

pagey85
01-03-2013, 10:42 AM
Did Merewether retain Jesmond Park as a home ground or now they are in the same division did Jesmond take it back as their home ground?

From memory Jesmond play behind the shopping centre as they are part of the junior club? and merewether are still at jesmond park

sharky21
01-03-2013, 03:31 PM
Tenambit played State league U/19's charlestown city blues last night going down 2-1 ( shit they are quick and talented) With 21 boys rocking up for one game the sideline did resemble a nfl game. But for a first hit out together with plenty of new face's results were not high priority. controlling plenty of the game and trying to adjust to the rotation policy in place by the large number of players we were quite happy with our game and was looking forward to our game on Sunday against medowie but due to the rain it has been postponed.

Ram Raider
01-03-2013, 10:31 PM
Jesmond are playing out of Jesmond Park again this year (where we belong). Went to Heaton when the juniors and Seniors joined to reduce costs but after 3 years there the decision was made to move back 'home'.

The draw is currently being changed so that us and Merewether don't clash.

Retro Jet
01-03-2013, 11:46 PM
Jesmond are playing out of Jesmond Park again this year (where we belong). Went to Heaton when the juniors and Seniors joined to reduce costs but after 3 years there the decision was made to move back 'home'.

:blush:

Merewether... why not play out of Myamblah???
Heard they were joining with Merewether Jnrs in some way.
Sunday arvo's there ftw.

pv4
02-03-2013, 03:40 PM
tomorrows trial between morisset & Westlakes has been cancelled due to weather.

Youaskedforit
02-03-2013, 07:36 PM
tomorrows trial between morisset & Westlakes has been cancelled due to weather.

Not a good lead up a week before the old revival of what was known around the original toronto Awaba community as " kill a cat day " TORONTO AWABA V WESTLAKES .... music to everyone's ears , and for a great cause , the John Beguin Shield .

grub
02-03-2013, 09:23 PM
:blush:

Merewether... why not play out of Myamblah???
Heard they were joining with Merewether Jnrs in some way.
Sunday arvo's there ftw.

The wethers have been playing out of jes pk since around 2000. Have nothing to do with juniors at myamblah. Always played home games on a saturday. Have been in the same division as rams a few times over the years with no problems sharing ground.
The only issue will be the condition of the playing surface. The past 3 years the surface was still terible even though we only played every second week on it. Unfortunately the referees also train there 2 nights a week ( have done so for 10 years or more ) and dont care wether they run straight down the middle or in the 18 yard box as they dont play the game. They pay their money to council so do as they wish.
Are the rams planning on training at jes pk to? Perhaps we should start up a shield or something while we are in the same division. Call it the 'rose bowl ' as rocket racer has previously mentioned in the forums.

CCB
02-03-2013, 09:31 PM
Tomorrow's trial vs Merewether Advance has been called off, however we have scheduled a full field water polo match to take its place.
Hopefully things dry up this week...

Reds Forever
03-03-2013, 12:29 PM

Jesmond can hardly lay claim to belonging at Jesmond Park. They seem to pick and choose where they want to play every few years. They have been back and forth between Jesmond Park and Heaton like a yo yo.

At least Merewether have been there now for a long time on continued basis.

Don't forget that it was Merewether that dipped into their own pockets to get the flood lights. Jesmond were not even playing ID's at the time.

Jesmond should be treated as minor tenants and Merewether they major tenants. Meaning Merewether gets first choice for training and match days.

Buddha
03-03-2013, 01:53 PM
handbags galore here, sounds like sour grapes to me.

grub
03-03-2013, 08:17 PM
No handbags here buddha. Im pretty sure reds forever is a former player or coach from years gone by and is not associated with us these days. A lot of water has flowed under the bridge since the early days when tensions were high. Out of the current crop of players theres only a few of us left from the years when the rams played at the rose bowl.We've probably gone through 60 or 70 different players in the past 5 years so the rams crew will barely know any of us.

We welcome the rams back to their traditional home, it is jesmond park after all. The council can hire it out to any club they wish, the past has seen a shortland 0ver 35 team play there as well new fm side ( at the time) charlestown city blues train there and dig the ground up something terrible - not to mention the referees who train 2 nights a week. We should get together and work out a way of protecting our beautiful park. Look forward to having a good relationship.

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
04-03-2013, 12:15 PM
As a representative from Jesmond, we can confrim that we would like to work with Merewether rather than against. Much more productive for everyone. I'm aware of past years hostilities. Whilst a healthy rivalry is just that, healthy, anything more is just stupid and I think that most that carried that grudge have moved on from both clubs. We have been given the green light for the ground and applied only for match days and wil continue to train at Heaton Park as were aware that Merewether would be applying and the status with the referees.
Although this is a forum for everyones use, perhaps past players with not quite all the facts should move on gracefully....
Re: An annual game between the tenants of Jesmond Park, I think that is a great idea and would like to discuss the possibility further.

Jesmond_sweeper
04-03-2013, 01:04 PM
Cheers for the lights.

Premy
04-03-2013, 02:01 PM
Just a outside thought for Mereweather if there not attached to the jr's or the area why don't they change there name to Shortland advance or North Lambton or something along those lines.

LINGERA
04-03-2013, 02:17 PM
Just a outside thought for Mereweather if there not attached to the jr's or the area why don't they change there name to Shortland advance or North Lambton or something along those lines.

genius

Swanky
04-03-2013, 02:55 PM

May have something to do with their history would be in the top 10 oldest clubs in the hunter I would think

LINGERA
04-03-2013, 03:00 PM

OR the "jesmond park infiltrators"

Premy
04-03-2013, 03:24 PM
May have something to do with their history would be in the top 10 oldest clubs in the hunter I would think

If there that concerned about history why aren't they playing at their original ground and they would still be advance. Many clubs change their name and still keeps their history most notably Iron Works F.C

Buddha
04-03-2013, 05:02 PM
No handbags here buddha. Im pretty sure reds forever is a former player or coach from years gone by and is not associated with us these days. A lot of water has flowed under the bridge since the early days when tensions were high. Out of the current crop of players theres only a few of us left from the years when the rams played at the rose bowl.We've probably gone through 60 or 70 different players in the past 5 years so the rams crew will barely know any of us.

We welcome the rams back to their traditional home, it is jesmond park after all. The council can hire it out to any club they wish, the past has seen a shortland 0ver 35 team play there as well new fm side ( at the time) charlestown city blues train there and dig the ground up something terrible - not to mention the referees who train 2 nights a week. We should get together and work out a way of protecting our beautiful park. Look forward to having a good relationship.
sound like a top bloke mate, alot of grace about you, personally i think ground sharing is great, builds up a bit of a derby, works for Inter and AC Milan.

pv4
06-03-2013, 09:10 AM
trial game this sunday @ finnan oval. westlakes (zl2) vs toronto awaba (zl3).first grade playing for the John Beguin Shield. 215 & 4pm

Youaskedforit
06-03-2013, 09:51 AM
trial game this sunday @ finnan oval. westlakes (zl2) vs toronto awaba (zl3).first grade playing for the John Beguin Shield. 215 & 4pm

" Killacat day " ;) , will be a good day, four games starting at 11am in honour of a good man :

11am Toronto Awaba O35 Toads v Westlakes O35
12.30 Toronto Awaba O35 Slugs v West Wallsend O35
2.15 Toronto Awaba ID3 V Westlakes ID2 ( Reserve Grade )
4pm Toronto Awaba ID3 V Westlakes ID2 ( First Grade ) John Beguin Shield.

sharky21
06-03-2013, 10:06 AM
Tenambit Sharks taking on Raymond Terrace tomorrow night at Shark Park (Beryl Humble Sporting Complex as it is also known)Res kick off at 6:30 first @8pm. Will be our second trial for the year, first with both grades and will be a good test for us playing the mob that replaced us in ZL1!!

seldom
06-03-2013, 11:57 AM
" Killacat day " ;) , will be a good day, four games starting at 11am in honour of a good man :

11am Toronto Awaba O35 Toads v Westlakes O35
12.30 Toronto Awaba O35 Slugs v West Wallsend O35
2.15 Toronto Awaba ID3 V Westlakes ID2 ( Reserve Grade )
4pm Toronto Awaba ID3 V Westlakes ID2 ( First Grade ) John Beguin Shield.

Beer and a feed available ?

Youaskedforit
06-03-2013, 12:54 PM
Beer and a feed available ?

Yes mate , canteen, BBQ and bar open

Swanky
07-03-2013, 10:17 AM
Kotara 5 - Olympic 1

Mixed grades due to work comittements and holidays
Another game tonight amongst both clubs

Swanky
07-03-2013, 10:30 PM
Game 2
Kotara 0 - Olympic 3
Another mixed grade game

sharky21
07-03-2013, 11:12 PM
Well Tenambit took on Raymond Terrace tonight and both scores were a bit bigger then we would have liked. Res got a bit of a touch up but was there first run together so we will work on it.
And First well i think it ended up 6-1 but any one watching the game would see that as an unfair score line (all bar the last 10 we ran out of legs in our first proper hit) we missed a host of chances and whoever said they lost there quick guy up front well wrong lol. They are fast as u would know from last year. first two goals were counter attacks using there speed. And before i left the field in the second ( was in the sheds so didnt see the rest) we helped them with a few goals by getting in each others road ( i mean we literally took each other out). But the terrace are still a quality team and should do well in the league above. But all in all good hit out played good football and we hope to only get better.

Buddha
08-03-2013, 06:31 AM
Well Tenambit took on Raymond Terrace tonight and both scores were a bit bigger then we would have liked. Res got a bit of a touch up but was there first run together so we will work on it.
And First well i think it ended up 6-1 but any one watching the game would see that as an unfair score line (all bar the last 10 we ran out of legs in our first proper hit) we missed a host of chances and whoever said they lost there quick guy up front well wrong lol. They are fast as u would know from last year. first two goals were counter attacks using there speed. And before i left the field in the second ( was in the sheds so didnt see the rest) we helped them with a few goals by getting in each others road ( i mean we literally took each other out). But the terrace are still a quality team and should do well in the league above. But all in all good hit out played good football and we hope to only get better.
They have added from what i've been hearing from my old boy and my mates who play for them, could be up there for finals contention.

LINGERA
08-03-2013, 08:43 AM
Game 2
Kotara 0 - Olympic 3
Another mixed grade game

kotara 3rd/res grade vs hamilton 1st grade*

Swanky
08-03-2013, 08:49 AM
kotara 3rd/res grade vs hamilton 1st grade*

Olympic had mixed both there grades both nights due to holidays and work commitments.
Game 2 had a stronger 1st Grade presence but was pretty mixed both games

sharky21
08-03-2013, 09:48 AM
They have added from what i've been hearing from my old boy and my mates who play for them, could be up there for finals contention.

You won't be far of the mark with them making finals id say very good all over the park.

RANGER09
08-03-2013, 02:45 PM
You won't be far of the mark with them making finals id say very good all over the park.

Congratulations to the Tenambit club for the hard work gone into looking after the grounds, pitch is in excellent shape, teams will love playing on that surface this season.

sharky21
08-03-2013, 02:50 PM
Congratulations to the Tenambit club for the hard work gone into looking after the grounds, pitch is in excellent shape, teams will love playing on that surface this season.
Cheers mate its taken a number of years to get it from the rock hard surface we once had to what we have now. just hope over the two to three weeks the ground is closed for council work it dosnt affect it too much.

RANGER09
08-03-2013, 09:31 PM
Cheers mate its taken a number of years to get it from the rock hard surface we once had to what we have now. just hope over the two to three weeks the ground is closed for council work it dosnt affect it too much.

Would be great set up if main ground ran parallel to the club house, good set up for spectators if it was done.

hawk
08-03-2013, 10:04 PM

damned lols

Why did Merewether leave Darling st Oval again? Seems stupid to sell it to Olympic or was it councils decision?

WolfMan
09-03-2013, 12:24 AM
Would be great set up if main ground ran parallel to the club house, good set up for spectators if it was done.

Has been discussed, but a few issues, not least of which include the existence of the synthetic cricket pitch in the middle. If memory serves, having to leave a gap between the 2x footy fields the entire length of a cricket pitch would render it a physical impossibility.

CCB
10-03-2013, 06:41 PM
The good ol Bypass Cup remains with Garden Suburbs after today's matches.
Res: GS 8-0 CCB
1st: GS 4-2 CCB

A tough day for reserves, they should've been at least a goal up, hitting the bar twice and having one cleared off the line after rounding the keeper, but trailed 1-0 at ht.
The second half was about fitness, and we had 1 sub, compared to their 7.
They're fresher legs walked over us in patches in the second half in sweltering conditions.
The scoreline was flattering, but a fair reflection of how much we faded in our first run of the season.

1st grade was a much tighter affair, with suburbs taking the lead courtesy of our keeper being as good as dead. He literally let a shot go past him, which hit the post, before the rebound was hammered home.
He was asked to start in goals after having a busy day in reserves, and also being kicked in the head.
He was subbed off after about 10 minutes, and we came back to lead 2-1 shortly before halftime, before a defensive howler gifted them an equaliser, 2-2 at ht.
Second half was even, but 2 quick suburbs goals courtesy of some more dreadful defending, including a stupid penalty, gave them a 4-2 lead, and both sides huffed and puffed without really testing either keeper.

A good hitout, played in the right spirit, and the boys more than held their own for large periods, however were punished for silly mistakes.

Premy
10-03-2013, 08:06 PM
The good ol Bypass Cup remains with Garden Suburbs after today's matches.
Res: GS 8-0 CCB
1st: GS 4-2 CCB

A tough day for reserves, they should've been at least a goal up, hitting the bar twice and having one cleared off the line after rounding the keeper, but trailed 1-0 at ht.
The second half was about fitness, and we had 1 sub, compared to their 7.
They're fresher legs walked over us in patches in the second half in sweltering conditions.
The scoreline was flattering, but a fair reflection of how much we faded in our first run of the season.

1st grade was a much tighter affair, with suburbs taking the lead courtesy of our keeper being as good as dead. He literally let a shot go past him, which hit the post, before the rebound was hammered home.
He was asked to start in goals after having a busy day in reserves, and also being kicked in the head.
He was subbed off after about 10 minutes, and we came back to lead 2-1 shortly before halftime, before a defensive howler gifted them an equaliser, 2-2 at ht.
Second half was even, but 2 quick suburbs goals courtesy of some more dreadful defending, including a stupid penalty, gave them a 4-2 lead, and both sides huffed and puffed without really testing either keeper.

A good hitout, played in the right spirit, and the boys more than held their own for large periods, however were punished for silly mistakes.

That's one way to look at it but the way I saw it 1st grade gardo slow out of the box and got a goal against the run of play with CCB controlling the 1st 15mins and equalizing threw a deserved penalty then taking the lead from a defensive mishap gardo settled later and controlled the game with CCB looking dangerous on the counter a few times but gardo being deserved winners and playing some good football in the second half.

As for reserve fairly contested 1st half with CCB having a good few chances but not finishing at times and gardo taking to lead threw a set piece although controlling most of the half 2nd half deferent story yes fresher legs played a part but CCB were no where near close to gardo with them playing some good passing football and could of scored more goals on another day.

With gardo having fresh players on the bench for 1st when they filter down the lower grades will be looking very well don't want get to confident but we look to be in for another good year at the nest

pv4
10-03-2013, 08:15 PM
toronto Awaba (zl3) vs Westlakes (zl2) John Beguin shield day

reserves
1-2

firsts
4-4 Westlakes won on pens after 10 each way extra time.

Awaba have done well for a start up club. pretty sure they had a few ringin players but it ended up a really good competitive match in the 30 degree heat.

true waterboy
10-03-2013, 08:54 PM

reserves
1-2

firsts

Awaba have done well for a start up club. pretty sure they had a few ringin players but it ended up a really good competitive match in the 30 degree heat.

was a great day out at trono
big congrats to all those at toronto for the day, especially the ladies in the canteen that were more than happy to fill the bottles with icey water for the players in the heat.
was great to see the cats survive the so called kill a cat day winning all three games even if 1st had to do so by penalties
not a great way to win anygame but showed just how close the game was.

Youaskedforit
11-03-2013, 09:19 AM

reserves
1-2

firsts

No ring in players, every player that played reserve grade and first grade are or will be registered for Toronto Awaba this year.

Absolute awesome day played in good spirits with a touch of niggle, which is what happens in local derbys especially when half the sides know each other pretty well, was really mate against mate in some instances, which was great.

Westlakes opened the scoring from a header that nath had no chance of getting, quality finish, Toronto struck back quickly through Hayden, for westlakes to score again to take a 2-1 lead, with Toronto Aawba scoring again just before half time took both teams in to the sheds locked up at 2-2.

Second half started like the first with Westlakes again taking the lead with their striker scoring his hat trick.... but yet again Toronto Awaba came back with a nice free kick curled in from 25 out.

Toronto Awaba then led for the first time when they were given a penalty when JP ( son of Johnny Beguin ) stepped up and slotted giving awaba a 4-3 lead and it seemed like the script was written perfectly for Johnny Beguin Day.

But again westlakes bounced back with that man again scoring his fourth goal and taking it to ten minutes each way extra time, im sure the boys didnt need in the oppressive heat.

Both sides with chances in extra time, but the inaugural JB Shield going to penalties with westlakes coming out winners.

Great day all round was had by all, and look forward to heading to rathmines next year to grab that shield......

TXK
11-03-2013, 05:26 PM
Yesterday Muswellbrook played Morisset at Muswellbrook in the annual Jason Beveridge Memorial Shield. Results were:

Reserves-
Muswellbrook 5
Morisset 0

Have been told that Morisset fielded mostly their Third Grade team in this fixture, but still wouldn't have predicted this result with the large turnover of players Mussy have had. Our boys played some really good passing football and the several young lads that have been moved up from last years U/17's looked really comfortable in their first senior game of Football. The scores were level for the first 15 or so minutes despite Mussy dominating possession, but once they score the flood gates opened so to speak with the half-time score at 3-0. I didn't see much of the second half, but am told it was more of the same from both teams with Muswellbrook putting in 2 more to round out a nice win for their first match of the pre-season, and playing some really decent football to boot.

Firsts
Muswellbrook 8
Morisset 0

This was a great result for the lads and will give us some confidence heading into next weeks Solo Cup match against Bellbird. 3 new arrivals to the club and 1 lad from the previous seasons U/17's featured in the starting lineup. This match pretty well went along the same line as the ressies fixture, 0-0 for the first 15 and 3-0 at half-time. The challenge was laid to the boys to step it up another notch in the second half, as in previous seasons we have tended to switch off when taking a healthy lead into the break, and the boys really stepped up to the task. The second half was played almost entirely in Morisset's half with them barely creating a chance. We played some really impressive football, but that being said, still have some issues to work on. We had at least 5 or 6 one on ones with the keeper that we squandered, and the same amount if not more offsides. All in all but, a great starting point and good to get some confidence ahead of the cup. Hard to gauge where this leaves us for the season, but at the moment it looks promising. We only have one first grade on shift-work and have picked up a lot of new players. The coaching staff has also implemented a really good brand of football, reminiscent of a couple of seasons ago, if not better.

Morisset tell me that they had 6 of their first grade starting in the match, so they could very well be in for a long season, unless the 5 players they were missing are absolute guns.

goaliepersempre
12-03-2013, 01:37 AM
No ring in players, every player that played reserve grade and first grade are or will be registered for Toronto Awaba this year.

Absolute awesome day played in good spirits with a touch of niggle, which is what happens in local derbys especially when half the sides know each other pretty well, was really mate against mate in some instances, which was great.

Westlakes opened the scoring from a header that nath had no chance of getting, quality finish, Toronto struck back quickly through Hayden, for westlakes to score again to take a 2-1 lead, with Toronto Aawba scoring again just before half time took both teams in to the sheds locked up at 2-2.

Second half started like the first with Westlakes again taking the lead with their striker scoring his hat trick.... but yet again Toronto Awaba came back with a nice free kick curled in from 25 out.

Toronto Awaba then led for the first time when they were given a penalty when JP ( son of Johnny Beguin ) stepped up and slotted giving awaba a 4-3 lead and it seemed like the script was written perfectly for Johnny Beguin Day.

But again westlakes bounced back with that man again scoring his fourth goal and taking it to ten minutes each way extra time, im sure the boys didnt need in the oppressive heat.

Both sides with chances in extra time, but the inaugural JB Shield going to penalties with westlakes coming out winners.

Great day all round was had by all, and look forward to heading to rathmines next year to grab that shield......

come on it wasnt cleanly slotted, had to have a 2nd chance :p

Youaskedforit
12-03-2013, 09:28 AM
come on it wasnt cleanly slotted, had to have a 2nd chance :p

Yeah good point, but cant remember was it the keeper who made a miraculous save or did the post get in the road on the initial penalty ? :)

Premy
12-03-2013, 10:10 AM
Yeah good point, but cant remember was it the keeper who made a miraculous save or did the post get in the road on the initial penalty ? :)

If its come off the post without the keeper touching it and the penalty taker has scored from the rebound it should be disallowed as the penalty taker has to wait for another player to touch the ball before they can play for it.

Youaskedforit
12-03-2013, 01:09 PM
If its come off the post without the keeper touching it and the penalty taker has scored from the rebound it should be disallowed as the penalty taker has to wait for another player to touch the ball before they can play for it.

Thats how westlakes scored their second or third, but doesnt matter was a great day.

But good point i didnt know that rule, no wonder the toronto faithful and keeper were blowing up.

pv4
12-03-2013, 01:29 PM
the toronto penalty was saved by the keeper & the rebound went straight to the penalty taker, who scored the rebound.

the westlakes pen was saved by the keeper, the rebound went to a non-pen-taker westlakes player, who passed it (well, mis-shot) across to the pen taker who scored. toronto were blowing up about potential offside, as it was a pass across.

neither hit the post, nor needed to worry about the rule.

those two pen misses, coupled with the low penalty shootout scoreline, saw some pretty awfully-taken penalties on the day. the westlakes keeper was the standout - getting a hand to, and saving, 4/6 of the pens he faced (out of the ones he didn't save, one went in & one is still in orbit with one of westlakes pens aswell).

CCB
16-03-2013, 09:04 AM
Who is everyone playing this weekend?
CCB take on Beresfield tomorrow @ Pasadena.
Bit light in players again, but will be another good hitout before the State Cup next week.

sharky21
16-03-2013, 10:05 AM
Who is everyone playing this weekend?
CCB take on Beresfield tomorrow @ Pasadena.
Bit light in players again, but will be another good hitout before the State Cup next week.
Tenambit have cooks hill ZL3 in the state cup today and Bellbird play Muswellbrook in the game before us.

Cabaye#4
16-03-2013, 05:01 PM
Tenambit have cooks hill ZL3 in the state cup today and Bellbird play Muswellbrook in the game before us.

Scores?

boz-monaut
16-03-2013, 05:39 PM
Scores?

http://www.newcastlefootball.net/forum/showthread.php?502-2013-State-Cup&p=31739&viewfull=1#post31739

sharky21
16-03-2013, 05:57 PM
Scores? The brook won 4-0
And Tenambit lost 3-0. a very poor showing by Tenambit. Cooks Hill were nothing special Tenambit once again just failed to show up for a round one state cup match.

shark attack
16-03-2013, 10:39 PM
medowie resies v stockton 1 - 7 tuesday night
not to sure if this was there resies side but i think medowie will be in for a long year. this was a flattering score line for medowie , could off a been a much bigger score line.

medowie 1st v stockton 1 - 1 tuesday night
tough game , stockton werent at there best BUT medowie will be no push overs this year , we were supprised by medowie , who lead fom another mistake from our boys , stockton equaled in the second 1/2 and were unlucky not win the game in the last 15 minutes , good luck to medowie , if they can keep there very thin 1st grade squad on the park they will be hard to beat.

pastor399
18-03-2013, 12:10 PM
medowie resies v stockton 1 - 7 tuesday night
not to sure if this was there resies side but i think medowie will be in for a long year. this was a flattering score line for medowie , could off a been a much bigger score line.

medowie 1st v stockton 1 - 1 tuesday night
tough game , stockton werent at there best BUT medowie will be no push overs this year , we were supprised by medowie , who lead fom another mistake from our boys , stockton equaled in the second 1/2 and were unlucky not win the game in the last 15 minutes , good luck to medowie , if they can keep there very thin 1st grade squad on the park they will be hard to beat.

University 1 - 1 Dudley - State Cup
with a handfull of good players not available and playing without any recognized CB's, uni might very well be up there this season aswell.

CCB
18-03-2013, 10:49 PM
Beresfield hosted CCB yesterday at the pint sized Pasadena Oval.
Res: Beresfield 4-6 CCB
1sts: Beresfield 4-3 CCB

Reserves jumped out of the blocks in this one, leading 4-1 at half time.
Again, only having one reserve affected them in the 2nd half, and they got a bit sloppy at the back. 6-4 was an odd scoreline, it could've really been 10-5.
1st grade were slow out of the blocks, and found themselves 2-0 down.
Got ourselves back in the match through a penalty, before going down 3-1.
Once again, we clawed ourselves back to 3-2, but whenever you concede 4 goals you'll struggle.
A late 3rd made the scoreline a fair reflection, but overall Beresfield wanted it more and probably deserved it.
We are still a work in progress, with new players and new combinations, but we are taking away plenty of positives from each game, and if all the pieces fall into place against New Lambton next Sunday, an upset could very well be on the cards.
Thanks to Bero for hosting us.

RedMexican
18-03-2013, 11:25 PM
Beresfield hosted CCB yesterday at the pint sized Pasadena Oval.
Res: Beresfield 4-6 CCB
1sts: Beresfield 4-3 CCB

Reserves jumped out of the blocks in this one, leading 4-1 at half time.
Again, only having one reserve affected them in the 2nd half, and they got a bit sloppy at the back. 6-4 was an odd scoreline, it could've really been 10-5.
1st grade were slow out of the blocks, and found themselves 2-0 down.
Got ourselves back in the match through a penalty, before going down 3-1.
Once again, we clawed ourselves back to 3-2, but whenever you concede 4 goals you'll struggle.
A late 3rd made the scoreline a fair reflection, but overall Beresfield wanted it more and probably deserved it.
We are still a work in progress, with new players and new combinations, but we are taking away plenty of positives from each game, and if all the pieces fall into place against New Lambton next Sunday, an upset could very well be on the cards.
Thanks to Bero for hosting us.

went down and watched these fixtures.
thought reserves wasnt a bad game, very scrappy but it was a trial and there was some moments that showed real promise for both sides.
Charlestown played alot better though and deserved the win.
1sts was a good game with good ball movement from both sides and a brilliant individual goal from michael drysdale.
there is alot of work to be done from both teams.
but all in all was a game played in good spirits with a little bit of niggle from both teams.

Swanky
19-03-2013, 07:37 AM
Wallsend v Olympic Last Tuesday Night
Res 3-2 1st
3rds 3-1 Res

Olympic play Barnsley tonight at Barnsley

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
20-03-2013, 10:31 AM
Jesmond FC have had our opponents cancel this weekends trial. Our ground is available we and are keen to play 2 grades, either day. Phone Mick Coates on 0412 449 333.

sharky21
20-03-2013, 06:56 PM
Hi all just trying to work out which of the clubs hold a liquor licence just so on our away games we know which venues we should not be bringing our own beer to for after game refreshments. Cheers guys

Swanky
20-03-2013, 07:28 PM
Hi all just trying to work out which of the clubs hold a liquor licence just so on our away games we know which venues we should not be bringing our own beer to for after game refreshments. Cheers guys

Olympic at Connelly Park has no liquor licence
Olympic at Darling St has a liquor licence

Swanky
20-03-2013, 07:29 PM
Barnsley v Olympic Trial last night
Res 3-4
1st 1-1

true waterboy
20-03-2013, 07:34 PM

westlakes does

CCB
21-03-2013, 07:17 AM
Charlestown Oval is an alcohol free venue (unfortunately).

leftrightout
21-03-2013, 07:58 AM
Barnsley v Olympic Trial last night
Res 3-4
1st 1-1

This was Olympic res v barnsley 3rd grade and olympic 1st v barnsley res

I only saw 1st half of the second game.... Olympic are very physical and look to be a fairly decent side. I think they will go well.

dingdong
21-03-2013, 09:48 AM
This was Olympic res v barnsley 3rd grade and olympic 1st v barnsley res

I only saw 1st half of the second game.... Olympic are very physical and look to be a fairly decent side. I think they will go well.

As a player if that was barnsley res grade we played the other night then they will flog every side they come up against. We played Barsnley in the Solo Cup last year and they whipped us 3-0 and they didnt play as good as the other night so they must of improved massively in the last year. Barnsley are a top side and can play football and will beat 90% of teams this year.

pastor399
21-03-2013, 11:26 AM
Jesmond FC have had our opponents cancel this weekends trial. Our ground is available we and are keen to play 2 grades, either day. Phone Mick Coates on 0412 449 333.

Someone *might* give you a call, i forwarded details onto the people with the power to say yay or nay

pagey85
21-03-2013, 12:35 PM
As a player if that was barnsley res grade we played the other night then they will flog every side they come up against. We played Barsnley in the Solo Cup last year and they whipped us 3-0 and they didnt play as good as the other night so they must of improved massively in the last year. Barnsley are a top side and can play football and will beat 90% of teams this year.

as a player from barnsley who played against olympic the other night, we had a mix in that grade. i think there were 2 first graders, a couple of 3rd graders and mostly reserve grade.
was good hit out for a few of our boys pushing to move from 3rd to resies

our first grade was rested for the solo cup this weekend.

at the moment we are choosing teams from about 48 blokes, so its all a bit mixed at the moment, but coming together

gk1985
21-03-2013, 09:46 PM
hey guys, wondering if any teams still looking for players? my brothers just moved here from Sydney. keen to play anywhere in the defence. played 1st grade for maroubra session before Last and a casual season with Mac uni last season... keen to get back into it. thanks for the help

Reds Forever
21-03-2013, 10:15 PM
hey guys, wondering if any teams still looking for players? my brothers just moved here from Sydney. keen to play anywhere in the defence. played 1st grade for maroubra session before Last and a casual season with Mac uni last season... keen to get back into it. thanks for the help

Where abouts are you living in Newcastle?

gk1985
21-03-2013, 10:34 PM
Elermore vale mate. don't mind traveling abit though

sharky21
21-03-2013, 10:58 PM
Elermore vale mate. don't mind traveling abit though
Hi mate
I'm manager at Tenambit Sharks If ur brother is looking for a club we are still after players and defenders are high on our list. so either private msg me and il give u my number to pass on or let him know we train Tuesday and Thursday 6-30 till 8 @ Beryl Humble in Tenambit on metford road.

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
22-03-2013, 11:02 AM
Hello,
Jesmond still have a few places left, that we are basically saving for players that can atleast push for, if not make, first grade. Would be happy to have a chat and give you a game this weekend in a trial if you want. We're playing SUNDAY at Heaton Park, reserve grade 1 30pm and firsts 3pm. Please make contact with our coach, Mick Coates, via text or a call on 0412 449 333 if interested.

ManUTDSupporter
22-03-2013, 05:05 PM
Any other teams interested in a trial 6th or 7th of April with Dungog? Both grades, neutral ground perhaps ( Raymond terrace possibly)
Thinking 11am and 1pm kick off??? PM ME cheers

pv4
24-03-2013, 08:22 PM
morisset vs Westlakes in darrin perry/betty fennell annual shield day today @ Auston oval

morisset thirds vs Westlakes all age
2-3

reserves
0-1

firsts
0-4

goaliepersempre
26-03-2013, 10:51 PM
morisset vs Westlakes in darrin perry/betty fennell annual shield day today @ Auston oval

morisset thirds vs Westlakes all age
2-3

reserves
0-1

firsts
0-4

More trophies :) :)

Cabaye#4
26-03-2013, 11:50 PM
Any truth to the rumour that bellbird dont have enough players to field 2 teams?

pv4
27-03-2013, 06:46 AM
Any truth to the rumour that bellbird dont have enough players to field 2 teams?

I heard after their Mussy state cup game that they were struggling but haven't heard much else. I'd be pretty upset if they couldn't get two grades - they should be getting all the bellbird & cessnock juniors who don't make cessnock seniors

bombers_away
27-03-2013, 08:49 AM
I heard after their Mussy state cup game that they were struggling but haven't heard much else. I'd be pretty upset if they couldn't get two grades - they should be getting all the bellbird & cessnock juniors who don't make cessnock seniors

This rumour is fact.

Bellbird will not be fielding a team in ID's this year. Shattered to say the least. Decision was made last night at training after a good month of hard work to avoid it.

Started the season pretty strong with 28 odd players showing interest at training. They fell away due to various reasons - travel, work, laziness, players returned to juniors to play U/18's. Currently sitting at 17 which includes 4 shiftworkers. Just wont cut it and it is not fair on the 17 guys who have stuck by the club to put them through two games every week.

You are spot on we should have all of those players. But there are also a number of things which are working against us:
1. The under 25's competition (which has a whole five teams nominated) which our juniors have a side in despite our protests and attempts to have them play with us.
2. We had an all age team last year who promised to step up when needed. They refused this year so have been refused registration at our club.
3. 1 team clubs... There are a number of teams in the Cessnock area who setup a 'club' with one all age team.

And unfortunately, this leaves us in the position we are in now.

We will be back though.

pastor399
27-03-2013, 09:28 AM
This rumour is fact.

Bellbird will not be fielding a team in ID's this year. Shattered to say the least. Decision was made last night at training after a good month of hard work to avoid it.

That's not good news, but i guess it means we have a BYE in Rnd 3 and Rnd 12............

RANGER09
27-03-2013, 11:01 AM
That's not good news, but i guess it means we have a BYE in Rnd 3 and Rnd 12............

Would like to see Stockton asked to go up and have a bye in ZL3

The roosta
27-03-2013, 11:22 AM
If anyone from brllbird is still interested in playing in the id comp we still have some spots available at kurri

namwob99
27-03-2013, 11:28 AM

I'd say that's what they'll do. It will sort out the scheduling in 3's as it will mean each team plays the others 3 times. At the moment they play some teams twice and others 3 times to get it 18 rounds.

LINGERA
27-03-2013, 11:31 AM
Predictions

Charlestown
Westlakes
uni
hamilton

merewether
Jesmond
Muswellbrook
tenambit
medowie

true waterboy
27-03-2013, 11:39 AM
Predictions

Westlakes
Mussy
hamilton
uni
charlie
mereweather
tenambit
jesmond
medowie

shark attack
27-03-2013, 12:26 PM

we are in the motions of trying to move up to zpl2 but its all up to the association.

ManUTDSupporter
27-03-2013, 08:04 PM
How woud that work? That would leave only 7 in ZL3 and 10 in ZL2? Leave it as is and see what happens next year. May get some new teams coming in too ZL3, possibly allowing two to go up next year and just the one drops down!
Would be very unfair to change it now and leave ZL3 with 7!

pastor399
28-03-2013, 09:19 AM
How woud that work? That would leave only 7 in ZL3 and 10 in ZL2? Leave it as is and see what happens next year. May get some new teams coming in too ZL3, possibly allowing two to go up next year and just the one drops down!
Would be very unfair to change it now and leave ZL3 with 7!

yes it would, but it has happened before, the old ID3 was a 7 team comp for at least a few years going back into what i remember from many a year ago (but not that long ago, I'am only 27 after all).

i cant make predictions, i would be way to biased towards my own team :p

should get a pretty good idea of where both Uni and Hamilton stand for the start of the season after tonight's trial game.......Oval No.2 @ University.

thephenom
28-03-2013, 11:19 AM
Thats a shame , good bunch of blokes and have been competitive for a long time. Hope to see you back soon.

thephenom
28-03-2013, 11:20 AM
haha that is all...

ManUTDSupporter
28-03-2013, 09:21 PM
Last year it was 6, and it was terrible to be honest. Felt way to short between playing the same team again!
7 to me is not enough for a (ZL) competition!

sharky21
28-03-2013, 10:44 PM
Tonight Tenambit played Cardiff from ZPL
Res Tenambit 0 Cardiff 2
Was a good showing from the boys considering it was their second run together unfourtunatly for tenambit we just dont have that killer instinct in front of goals just yet and let a few chance pass us by. But our genral play was better then our last effort and we will only improve with more games together.

Now onto First grade
Tenambit 4 Cardiff 0
absolutly stoked with the performance we put in tonight knocked the ball around, controlled the game from the outset. 2-0 up by half time but could have been much more. our goal wasnt really threatened but there were a few half chances for them and as always a few things for us to work on. but taking nothing away from the lads was great game.

CCB
28-03-2013, 11:30 PM
The draw has been amended to reflect a bye instead of bellbird.

whANTite
29-03-2013, 01:58 AM
Tonight Tenambit played Cardiff from ZPL
Res Tenambit 0 Cardiff 2
Was a good showing from the boys considering it was their second run together unfourtunatly for tenambit we just dont have that killer instinct in front of goals just yet and let a few chance pass us by. But our genral play was better then our last effort and we will only improve with more games together.

Now onto First grade
Tenambit 4 Cardiff 0
absolutly stoked with the performance we put in tonight knocked the ball around, controlled the game from the outset. 2-0 up by half time but could have been much more. our goal wasnt really threatened but there were a few half chances for them and as always a few things for us to work on. but taking nothing away from the lads was great game.

Good win by Tenambit 1st grade over ZPL opposition. Do you know if Cardiff 1st were at full strength?

Also did the Scotsman put a few away for you tonight. Can finish!!

sharky21
29-03-2013, 08:30 AM
Good win by Tenambit 1st grade over ZPL opposition. Do you know if Cardiff 1st were at full strength?

Also did the Scotsman put a few away for you tonight. Can finish!!
from what I understand the did play full strength or close to. that's just what I heard after the game.
No he didn't but since u made ur account today and after I seen the name I'm sure u know as well as I do what's going on there..

dingdong
29-03-2013, 08:56 AM
Uni vs Olympic last night

2-0 ressies i think

0-2 firsts

whANTite
29-03-2013, 10:26 AM
Bloody white ants!!!!

LINGERA
02-04-2013, 08:43 AM
dont forget cardiff probs had around 30-40 players wanting a run with only 2 grades playing. doubt half their 1st grade even played.

sharky21
02-04-2013, 09:10 AM
dont forget cardiff probs had around 30-40 players wanting a run with only 2 grades playing. doubt half their 1st grade even played.
according tho their coach they had a lot of first with a few res playing. we were ment to play our first V their res and our Res V their 3rds But majority of their 3rds didn't play due to a sad non football related incident. But either way was more impressed with how we played rather then who we played.

CCB
06-04-2013, 10:52 AM
Belmont Tingira hosting CCB @ Baxter Field today. 1st & Res grades, 115 & 3pm.

pv4
06-04-2013, 04:27 PM
barnsley v westlakes

thirds v allage
8-1 (or thereabouts)

reserves
2-0 (I think)

firsts
2-0 (lol at first goal)

true waterboy
06-04-2013, 04:37 PM
barnsley v westlakes

thirds v allage
8-1 (or thereabouts)

reserves
2-0 (I think)

firsts
2-0 (lol at first goal)

I think westlakes showed that there isnt a massive gap between zpl and zl2.
ressies goals came in the last 20 minutes when westlakes tired and first first grade goal a comical own goal with no one within 20 metres of the keeper.
also showed with barnsley frustration with 2 barnsley players told to cool off on the bench and another player from each team told to cool down on bench at the end of the game.

CCB
06-04-2013, 10:24 PM
Res: Belmont 0-3 CCB;
1sts: Belmont 3-1 CCB;

pagey85
07-04-2013, 06:16 AM
I think westlakes showed that there isnt a massive gap between zpl and zl2.
ressies goals came in the last 20 minutes when westlakes tired and first first grade goal a comical own goal with no one within 20 metres of the keeper.
also showed with barnsley frustration with 2 barnsley players told to cool off on the bench and another player from each team told to cool down on bench at the end of the game.

Just 2 boring games to honest. Thats all

pv4
07-04-2013, 08:14 AM
from a Westlakes perspective..
Westlakes proved near impossible for Barnsley to break down. both goals were from ridiculous self inflicted cockups and weren't with the run of the play.
Barnsley have picked up a few decent players since their zl2 days. good pickup with the striker but he needs more support, and realistically he's not even a striker & is better suited to midfield.
yesterday was ridiculous in terms of on field challenges. on a proper season game where cards were actually handed out, Barnsley would have defender completely differently as more than half their team would have gotten their first yellows before half time. Westlakes were overpowered physically when going forward but I stand by the fact that in a real game the Barnsley defense would have had to calm themselves down or their 2nd, 3rd & 4th yellows would have come.
the game ended on a sour note - Westlakes were getting sick of the persistent bad fouls not getting called by the ref, plus the ref swearing AT Westlakes players, so started to give the rash challenges back. one rash challenge that was no worse than a couple of Barnsley challenges, after which the Westlakes player immediately put his hands up and tried to say sorry, saw two Barnsley players take to him looking for a fight & the ref just called the game off with 10 to play.
but after all that said - Westlakes were happy with the hitout, thought they held their own, and are still wondering how Olympic firsts got beaten by Barnsley reserves (:gent:)
Westlakes were without 4 starting first graders (plus our keeper was our third string who is actually our all age striker, and after his efforts I'm sure he'll be happy to play striker again!), I'm not sure the numbers Barnsley were playing with.

good last trial game though, keen for the season to start

leftrightout
07-04-2013, 11:38 AM
Westlakes proved near impossible for Barnsley to break down. both goals were from ridiculous self inflicted cockups and weren't with the run of the play.
Barnsley have picked up a few decent players since their zl2 days. good pickup with the striker but he needs more support, and realistically he's not even a striker & is better suited to midfield.
yesterday was ridiculous in terms of on field challenges. on a proper season game where cards were actually handed out, Barnsley would have defender completely differently as more than half their team would have gotten their first yellows before half time. Westlakes were overpowered physically when going forward but I stand by the fact that in a real game the Barnsley defense would have had to calm themselves down or their 2nd, 3rd & 4th yellows would have come.
the game ended on a sour note - Westlakes were getting sick of the persistent bad fouls not getting called by the ref, plus the ref swearing AT Westlakes players, so started to give the rash challenges back. one rash challenge that was no worse than a couple of Barnsley challenges, after which the Westlakes player immediately put his hands up and tried to say sorry, saw two Barnsley players take to him looking for a fight & the ref just called the game off with 10 to play.
but after all that said - Westlakes were happy with the hitout, thought they held their own, and are still wondering how Olympic firsts got beaten by Barnsley reserves (:gent:)
Westlakes were without 4 starting first graders (plus our keeper was our third string who is actually our all age striker, and after his efforts I'm sure he'll be happy to play striker again!), I'm not sure the numbers Barnsley were playing with.

Interesting version of events. Obviously a west lakes fan or player. From a neutral point of view, I thought both teams were as bad as each other.
Barnsley did commit more fouls but thats the way they play, they are a tough team. That last challenge by the west lakes player to end the game was pretty disgraceful though, to say he said sorry straight away wouldn't have helped the bloke who's leg he tried to break. He was over 1m away from the ball.
Also Barnsley had some notable absences from that team. Neither of their strikers were playing, Well i assume they are playing with the club again?
West lakes will go very well in league 2. I can't see many teams taking points if them, unless it was a case of playing to the level of the opposition? Lets hope not!

true waterboy
07-04-2013, 12:12 PM
Interesting version of events. Obviously a west lakes fan or player. From a neutral point of view, I thought both teams were as bad as each other.
Barnsley did commit more fouls but thats the way they play, they are a tough team. That last challenge by the west lakes player to end the game was pretty disgraceful though, to say he said sorry straight away wouldn't have helped the bloke who's leg he tried to break. He was over 1m away from the ball.
Also Barnsley had some notable absences from that team. Neither of their strikers were playing, Well i assume they are playing with the club again?
West lakes will go very well in league 2. I can't see many teams taking points if them, unless it was a case of playing to the level of the opposition? Lets hope not!

bad challenge yes but didnt deserve the response it did. it was a late standing up challenge with venom in it that would be a obvious yellow in any game.

I wasnt too upset with either teams play or challenges (including the last tackle) as it was just a heated contest and the ref told each player to calm down with a stint on the bench when he saw fit.

the only disgrace was when the westlakes player was told after the tackle to sit on the bench the barnsley captain chased after him and got him by the neck with both hands in a choke and started the push n shove that ended the game.

thats all im going to say, its not worth going into it considering it was only a trial game

leftrightout
07-04-2013, 04:49 PM
bad challenge yes but didnt deserve the response it did. it was a late standing up challenge with venom in it that would be a obvious yellow in any game.

I wasnt too upset with either teams play or challenges (including the last tackle) as it was just a heated contest and the ref told each player to calm down with a stint on the bench when he saw fit.

the only disgrace was when the westlakes player was told after the tackle to sit on the bench the barnsley captain chased after him and got him by the neck with both hands in a choke and started the push n shove that ended the game.

thats all im going to say, its not worth going into it considering it was only a trial game

I disagree about the last challenge, from the view i had, it looked like a send off, could have just been my view though, but agree the push and shove after was not needed, obviously!
In the end it was a heated game, a good run for both sides, both seemingly quality sides. No injuries came from any hard challenges so it is all good. It should stay on the pitch!

There was certainly not enough in the game to cause any trouble on this forum as some people from other clubs have in the past.

true waterboy
07-04-2013, 05:11 PM
I disagree about the last challenge, from the view i had, it looked like a send off, could have just been my view though, but agree the push and shove after was not needed, obviously!
In the end it was a heated game, a good run for both sides, both seemingly quality sides. No injuries came from any hard challenges so it is all good. It should stay on the pitch!

There was certainly not enough in the game to cause any trouble on this forum as some people from other clubs have in the past.

I was on the westlakes bench right infront of challenge. standing challenge that caught back leg of player. had venom in the challenge (like alot of challenges in the game) so worth a yellow nothing more than that. the reaction that followed made it look worse

leftrightout
07-04-2013, 06:05 PM
I was on the westlakes bench right infront of challenge. standing challenge that caught back leg of player. had venom in the challenge (like alot of challenges in the game) so worth a yellow nothing more than that. the reaction that followed made it look worse

Ah ok fair enough. In the end I think the ref made the right decision to call it early. A trial is not worth an injury to anyone.

sharky21
07-04-2013, 07:22 PM
Tenambit played local rivals Beresfield SSC (ZL1) in what is always a fiery love,hate affair.
Res Tenambit 1 Bero 3
The score today was a fair reflection of the game Bero was sharper and knocked the ball around well and as i said deserved their 3-1 win but the way the last two goals came for them u could at best call it comical keeping. They were howlers one bouncing over the keepers hands after a full stretch dive after looking to have it covered and the next the keeper coming to claim a ball and only proceeding to fumble it to the feet of the opposing striker. Needless to say he was hoping for the ground to open up and swollow him. But unfortunatly for me ( yes i was the comedic keeper) it didnt happen. Our res are alwas on the improvement and will be ready for week 1.

First was a 4-3 win to Bero (officially 5-3 but their first goal was at least 3m offside but as the refs ordered for the day didnt show il never bagged out a club ref helping out and getting us a game, i just wont count the goal lol)

Great hit out today for us to came back from two down to take the lead 3-2 but a few lapses and another goalkeeping howler (that made every one forget i even made two of my own) brought them back to 3-3 and then a thunder bolt into the top corner made it 4-3, we left the game satisfied but knowing what we have to work on to really be at our best. Was a tough physical game but both teams gave as good as they got and i dont really think it ever got out of hand maybe an official ref may have seen it differently but as a player i couldnt complain. We created plent of chances but where not taken (story of our pre-season).
But with our style of play and combinations we are putting together we are looking forward to round 1 and the year ahead.

pagey85
07-04-2013, 08:20 PM

Yes both strikers out. But we dont like to use that as an excuse. Depth is good enough in the squad.

dingdong
08-04-2013, 07:49 AM

olympic had a draw we didnt lose in case you are still wondering.

sharky21
10-04-2013, 09:08 AM
Knowing very little about most teams atm I'm going to stick my neck on the line and lead the way with predictions for round 1. (Caps for team I think will win or double caps for draw)
TENAMBIT vs uni
jesmond vs MUSWELLBROOK
WESTLAKES vs merewether
MEDOWIE vs OLYMPIC
CHARLY vs bye

Reds Forever
10-04-2013, 04:01 PM
Tenambit
Jesmond
Westlakes
Olympic
Charlie

CCB
11-04-2013, 07:43 AM
Thanks for tipping us this week guys :)

pastor399
11-04-2013, 09:06 AM
University
Muswellbrook
Westlakes
Olympic
Bye ;)

sharky21
11-04-2013, 11:29 AM
Thanks for tipping us this week guys :) I needed one guaranteed result first up.Haha This comp looks as tho it could be very tight.

goaliepersempre
11-04-2013, 07:32 PM
Devo missing first 3 rounds :( good luck everyone this wkend

Swanky
12-04-2013, 07:13 PM
Good luck to all for the season ahead

sharky21
12-04-2013, 08:04 PM
Good luck to all for the season ahead Same to u mate and to every other team in the comp.

pv4
13-04-2013, 10:09 AM
no appointed refs - odd coloured tape, skins not the same colour as shorts, coaches&managers not wearing tags everywhere. turning the beautiful game ugly

Swanky
13-04-2013, 05:11 PM
Medowie v Olympic
Res 1-5
1st 0-4

grub
13-04-2013, 05:56 PM
Westlakes v Merewether

Res 5 - 0
1st 1 - 4

roundballsarebetter
13-04-2013, 06:23 PM
Westlakes v Merewether

Res 5 - 0
1st 1 - 4

Just goes to show trial form ( and state cup is trials this early) means f@$k all as the two clubs who had the best trial results suffer 1st round losses ( I hear muswellbrook lost ) and a real wake up call for westlakes to be smashed 4.1 at home. You dont get promoted getting pumped at home....... Unless the above is a typo

hawk
13-04-2013, 06:34 PM
Just goes to show trial form ( and state cup is trials this early) means f@$k all as the two clubs who had the best trial results suffer 1st round losses ( I hear muswellbrook lost ) and a real wake up call for westlakes to be smashed 4.1 at home. You dont get promoted getting pumped at home....... Unless the above is a typo

lol, trial form.

roundballsarebetter
13-04-2013, 06:39 PM
[QUOTE=hawk;34519]lol, trial form.[/QUOTE

Yep how quick some
Clubs forget that trials are only trials

sharky21
13-04-2013, 07:26 PM
Tenambit V Uni
Res 1-1 Didn't see much of the game so won't comment
First 1-1
Tenambit took the lead late in the first half. First half quiet even in possession.
Second half Uni controlled a fair chunk but did little to test the keeper. Got their goal thru a very poor penalty decision by an "official ref" who showed up out of the blew. Both keepers had little to do.

hawk
13-04-2013, 07:44 PM
[QUOTE=hawk;34519]lol, trial form.[/QUOTE

Yep how quick some
Clubs forget that trials are only trials

even early season form can be severly turned, see wallsend last year.

pv4
13-04-2013, 09:13 PM
no typo for Westlakes results. Westlakes had at least 80% possession and just "had one of them days" where the final pass didn't stick, shots hitting posts everywhere, and conceded 4 goals from the only 4 faint chances merewether had which were all immensely against the run of play.

club refs really killed the game also. our guys were too hesitant to call blatant calls as they thought they may be seen as bias.

leftrightout
13-04-2013, 09:18 PM
no typo for Westlakes results. Westlakes had at least 80% possession and just "had one of them days" where the final pass didn't stick, shots hitting posts everywhere, and conceded 4 goals from the only 4 faint chances merewether had which were all immensely against the run of play.

club refs really killed the game also. our guys were too hesitant to call blatant calls as they thought they may be seen as bias.

Hahahahahahahahahaha I nearly got through reading that without laughing... Wait, you are serious? Oh my!

pv4
13-04-2013, 09:47 PM
Hahahahahahahahahaha I nearly got through reading that without laughing... Wait, you are serious? Oh my!

I don't see the funny bit tbh

apparently Westlakes players, coaches, supporters, a few merewether players & merewether coaches didn't see the funny part either. everyone was in full agreeance at the end of the game

hawk
13-04-2013, 10:34 PM

lol, are u jardelsimage in disguise, are you...... have to pay the refs more

leftrightout
13-04-2013, 11:31 PM
lol, are u jardelsimage in disguise, are you...... have to pay the refs more

Easy hawk, everyone at the ground was in agreeance! So westlakes obviously dominated this 4-1 loss!

front2
13-04-2013, 11:41 PM
Nice hawk. All said and quoted. Wow! to all concerned. Not really a funny result.

ace22
14-04-2013, 12:01 AM
always fun to hear both sides of the story. winning teams always won fair and square losing teams domiated and just got unlucky.

we need match reports from a neutral person. lol

seldom
14-04-2013, 01:04 AM
80% possession = diddly squat........aye Gary

Reds Forever
14-04-2013, 02:24 AM
Sporting pulse has score for Jesmond game. Jesmond 3-1 winners over Muswellbrook.

CCB
14-04-2013, 08:51 AM
Medowie v Olympic
Res 1-5
1st 0-4
Is this right? Sportingpulse has the results the other way. Res 4-0 & 1sts 5-1??

pv4
14-04-2013, 08:57 AM
80% possession = diddly squat........aye Gary

:lol:

difference between Gary's jerks and us was most of the play was in the oppositions half

Cabaye#4
14-04-2013, 09:07 AM
:lol:

difference between Gary's jerks and us was most of the play was in the oppositions half

Same result tho.

dingdong
14-04-2013, 09:18 AM
Is this right? Sportingpulse has the results the other way. Res 4-0 & 1sts 5-1??

Olympic won both games, 5-1 res and 4-0 1sts.

sharky21
14-04-2013, 09:34 AM
Would like to pass on my appreciation to the Res grade Uni boys who made our club refs job so much easier by the spirit in which they played the game and not getting frustrated by any calls that may have gone against them . Cheers boys

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
14-04-2013, 05:55 PM
Jesmond 3-1 in 1sts and 5-1 in reggies.

Big day for our club returning to where we belong. Yes we left on our own accord for many reasons but are more than excited to be back at Jesmond Park.

Reserves won comfortably in a grand final re-match. Although they had a few chances, I think all would agree that best team won.

1st grade was a good match, pretty even until a well taken Mussy goal hit first time on the volley. Jesmond then equalised with a quality team goal and although were under pump for last 5-10 mins went in 1-1 at break. We then got somewhat fortunate with a tap-in from a scramble following a corner and then a pinpoint cross headed home. There will be differences of opinion as our club linesman flagged to disallow the goal for offside, only for the (official) referee to over-rule as the goalscorer came from way onside. Correct decision in my opinion and well done referee.

On that note, thanks to the referee who hadn't been appointed and also to the 1st graders and officials from both clubs who helped out on lines throughout the day. Games played in good spirit. Mussy seem to have had player turnover but remain a good bunch, always happy to shake hands and have a chat afterwards. Best of luck for rest of season, we always look fwd to the return trip.

hawk
14-04-2013, 06:33 PM
Easy hawk, everyone at the ground was in agreeance! So westlakes obviously dominated this 4-1 loss!

Pv and I go way back:wink: Will have to catch a WL game this year to cheer him on from the hill with a martini

pastor399
15-04-2013, 09:12 AM
Would like to pass on my appreciation to the Res grade Uni boys who made our club refs job so much easier by the spirit in which they played the game and not getting frustrated by any calls that may have gone against them . Cheers boys

Big Thanks to him for being fair and making the calls that needed to be made, it was a good game to watch..... and he did a much better job than the walk in ref that did 1st Grade, some very strange calls to say the least. And while the penalty was a crap way to get a goal, it was very much deserved on the run on of the game. Credit to the Tenambit keeper it could of being 3 or 4 nil in the first 5 minutes if it was not for some of those saves and the post.

sharky21
15-04-2013, 10:15 AM
Big Thanks to him for being fair and making the calls that needed to be made, it was a good game to watch..... and he did a much better job than the walk in ref that did 1st Grade, some very strange calls to say the least. And while the penalty was a crap way to get a goal, it was very much deserved on the run on of the game. Credit to the Tenambit keeper it could of being 3 or 4 nil in the first 5 minutes if it was not for some of those saves and the post.
Yeah the ref was a tad ordinary to put it VERY nicely. That free kick came from no where I thought way to far out to have a strike but that he did and what a strike.

I wonder if u mean the Res grade keeper. Because come to think of it I didn't really make any saves there was that one of my own player and that cracking free kick off the post. but until the two or three in the second half I was having a quite. Day unless my memory is that terrible.

the_butcher
15-04-2013, 01:29 PM
Jesmond 3-1 in 1sts and 5-1 in reggies.

Big day for our club returning to where we belong. Yes we left on our own accord for many reasons but are more than excited to be back at Jesmond Park.

Reserves won comfortably in a grand final re-match. Although they had a few chances, I think all would agree that best team won.

1st grade was a good match, pretty even until a well taken Mussy goal hit first time on the volley. Jesmond then equalised with a quality team goal and although were under pump for last 5-10 mins went in 1-1 at break. We then got somewhat fortunate with a tap-in from a scramble following a corner and then a pinpoint cross headed home. There will be differences of opinion as our club linesman flagged to disallow the goal for offside, only for the (official) referee to over-rule as the goalscorer came from way onside. Correct decision in my opinion and well done referee.

On that note, thanks to the referee who hadn't been appointed and also to the 1st graders and officials from both clubs who helped out on lines throughout the day. Games played in good spirit. Mussy seem to have had player turnover but remain a good bunch, always happy to shake hands and have a chat afterwards. Best of luck for rest of season, we always look fwd to the return trip.

Watched the games as a neutral. Firsts looked like being a great game until it was ruined by the offside call. You must have been the only spectator at the ground (including the jesmond club linesman) who thought the striker was onside. Linesman & Ref gives it offside then ref changes his mind after the jesmond striker gets in his ear. Anyway, that's what you get when bobby refs, we all know it.

Muswellbrook res is pretty much a completely different team this year, they'll be lucky to make the semis.

Rams, why is the club so keen to play at jesmond park? Looks like a pretty rubbish ground with the cricket pitch in the middle and its terrible for the spectators considering ground isn't flat and you're too far away from the action. Granted it is a million times better than that thing you blokes played on last year!

Jesmond_sweeper
15-04-2013, 01:53 PM
Watched the games as a neutral. Firsts looked like being a great game until it was ruined by the offside call. You must have been the only spectator at the ground (including the jesmond club linesman) who thought the striker was onside. Linesman & Ref gives it offside then ref changes his mind after the jesmond striker gets in his ear. Anyway, that's what you get when bobby refs, we all know it.

Muswellbrook res is pretty much a completely different team this year, they'll be lucky to make the semis.

Rams, why is the club so keen to play at jesmond park? Looks like a pretty rubbish ground with the cricket pitch in the middle and its terrible for the spectators considering ground isn't flat and you're too far away from the action. Granted it is a million times better than that thing you blokes played on last year!

("Granted it is a million times better than that thing you blokes played on last year") is half the reason why we are keen to play there, i will not bore you with the history and we shouldnt of left blah blah blah......
i enjoy playing muswellbrook, dont normally get involved in the chit chat during the game but was easy to with these guys. game was played in good spirit. they did have us under the pump a few times, as for the goal on/offside you can call me bias but it was our mid who scored, made the run past the ref. ref awarded it until he seen the flag up. it was onside and the ref stuck with his decission. had it been an official who knows but he was on.
looking forward to the year though. looks like it will be a tight comp.

CollieDog
15-04-2013, 02:44 PM
was at the Westlakes game on saturday and i have to commend Westlakes for the quality of the club provided game officials. They were outstanding. Across both grades there were less than a handful of decisions that i didn't agree with. and trust me, i am a hard marker. I wish there were some real referees out there taking notes.

pv4
15-04-2013, 05:54 PM
was at the Westlakes game on saturday and i have to commend Westlakes for the quality of the club provided game officials. They were outstanding. Across both grades there were less than a handful of decisions that i didn't agree with. and trust me, i am a hard marker. I wish there were some real referees out there taking notes.

just players from within the club. good effort by the guys. wish 1st grade one called the in the box handball though!!

outsider
15-04-2013, 06:00 PM

Amazing what you blokes will put up with when clubbies referee.Anyone not wanting offficial refs just say so here and they will go where thet are wanted.

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
15-04-2013, 07:25 PM
Butcher - just to clear up a few things.

"Rams, why is the club so keen to play at jesmond park? Looks like a pretty rubbish ground with the cricket pitch in the middle and its terrible for the spectators considering ground isn't flat and you're too far away from the action. Granted it is a million times better than that thing you blokes played on last year!" Please read your own question and subsequent answer...

As for the goal in question - I do state that there will be differences of opinion which will always be the case in such circumstances. Fans / commentators can't always agree on offside goals when there is an endless supply of replays on offer, so Saturday park football where people see it once is always tough.

One thing I can clear up is the fact that I am not the only person at the park to have thought he was onside. Spoke to other "neutral" people who agreed with me. And he is not our striker as you've said, he is our deep laying midfielder who in my opinion, made a late run in behind a defence advancing from their partially cleared corner.

I guess differences of opinion make these forums what they are. All the best.

true waterboy
15-04-2013, 07:38 PM
Butcher - just to clear up a few things.

"Rams, why is the club so keen to play at jesmond park? Looks like a pretty rubbish ground with the cricket pitch in the middle and its terrible for the spectators considering ground isn't flat and you're too far away from the action. Granted it is a million times better than that thing you blokes played on last year!" Please read your own question and subsequent answer...

As for the goal in question - I do state that there will be differences of opinion which will always be the case in such circumstances. Fans / commentators can't always agree on offside goals when there is an endless supply of replays on offer, so Saturday park football where people see it once is always tough.

One thing I can clear up is the fact that I am not the only person at the park to have thought he was onside. Spoke to other "neutral" people who agreed with me. And he is not our striker as you've said, he is our deep laying midfielder who in my opinion, made a late run in behind a defence advancing from their partially cleared corner.

I guess differences of opinion make these forums what they are. All the best.

without having the opportunity to see the offside it sounds strange that a club official who ruled against his own team, is overturned by an official ref. I could understand if he overturned a decision if a club linesman ruled in favour of his team but definitely odd that he overturned a decision when it was against his team.
its good that you guys got an official ref tho, hopefully there is enough to go around this weekend

The Dreaded Keeper
15-04-2013, 09:08 PM
The decision to overturn an offside call made by the home team's club linesman, by a static referee who was nowhere near the defensive line changed the game. That can't be argued and you are wasting your time if you try. However, Muswellbrook weren't good enough on the day to deserve the three points, but one point might have been salvageable had it not been for that woeful, disgraceful decision.

the_butcher
15-04-2013, 09:30 PM
its good that you guys got an official ref tho
To be fair, the "official ref" was bobby. Not sure if that's a good thing haha

And he is not our striker as you've said.
Sorry, just assumed that he was the striker considering he was a metre or so behind the Muswellbrook defenders when he scored :wink:

the_butcher
15-04-2013, 09:52 PM
"Granted it is a million times better than that thing you blokes played on last year!" Please read your own question and subsequent answer...

Yeah but a bucket full of horse piss is a million times better than your old pitch so you're not really answering my question :grin:

Seriously though, best of a bad situation I guess. No one should have to play on your old ground, I won't even let dog play on it.

Change of topic:
After 1 round, anyone game enough to make any predictions? Who's going to get promoted, who's going down?

Based on very little (I haven't seen them play yet) I reckon olympic will take it out.

Medowie for relegation

The Dreaded Keeper
15-04-2013, 10:08 PM
I'll jump on the Medowie for relegation train. Olympic or Charlie for the win.

sharky21
16-04-2013, 07:24 AM
Well considering how bad I went with tips in round 1 ( only picking Charly to beat the bye Haha) I might wait a few weeks before I nominate promotion/relegation contenders. (By round 17 I should have a fair idea Haha)

Jesmond_sweeper
16-04-2013, 07:36 AM
The decision to overturn an offside call made by the home team's club linesman, by a static referee who was nowhere near the defensive line changed the game. That can't be argued and you are wasting your time if you try. However, Muswellbrook weren't good enough on the day to deserve the three points, but one point might have been salvageable had it not been for that woeful, disgraceful decision.

The fact our striker rounded the keeper wide and hit the post, 2 1 on 1's saved (great saves by the way, especially the second) did change the game. coulda been 6-1 :tongue: ok sorry 6-2.

as for the Refs is there really going to be none in this comp all year? or is it all just he said she said?

supa
16-04-2013, 12:00 PM
i watched olympic in state cup v bero ZL3, not sure if that was their full first team but if it was i can't see them winning it..

supa
16-04-2013, 12:01 PM
i watched olympic in state cup v bero ZL3, not sure if that was their full first team but if it was i can't see them winning it..

The Dreaded Keeper
16-04-2013, 09:50 PM
Not sure if they were at full strength, but Bero ZL3 are quality opposition. They knocked Warner's Bay off last Wednesday night and looked really sharp!!

Buddha
16-04-2013, 10:23 PM

I too am jumping on the Medowie for relegation bandwagon, although part of me wants them to stay up too, just so i have a chance to play them again heheheheeeeee

supa
16-04-2013, 10:25 PM
Not sure if they were at full strength, but Bero ZL3 are quality opposition. They knocked Warner's Bay off last Wednesday night and looked really sharp!!
yeah i know the side, not basing my opinion on that particular result but they just didnt seem like a team that could win the comp..but i guess thats why state cup starts when it starts, iron out the creases.

ace22
16-04-2013, 11:57 PM
take nothing away from beresfield zl3. but warnersbay arent the zpl champs they were. They will be a near bottom of the table zpl side . Also even then a source from in that club said they didnt even play there full strength squad against bero. Used it more like a trial game.

Anyway if you are are bero player you can make me eat my words when you play my team in the next round.

namwob99
17-04-2013, 03:02 PM
take nothing away from beresfield zl3. You said that.

but warnersbay arent the zpl champs they were. They will be a near bottom of the table zpl side . Also even then a source from in that club said they didnt even play there full strength squad against bero. Used it more like a trial game.

Anyway if you are are bero player you can make me eat my words when you play my team in the next round.

Then you went and did it!!

sharky21
18-04-2013, 10:19 AM
Time for round two of my un educated guess's on results. As I did so well in round 1 ( sure can pick a result V the bye)
Olympic V Jesmond (Olympic)
Merewether V CCB (CCB)
Uni V Medowie (Uni)
Meswellbrook V Westlakes (Draw)
Tenambit V Bye (Tenambit)

pv4
18-04-2013, 10:20 AM
because so many neutrals head to zone league games, plus because away tripping to muswellbrook is such a regular thing for local football fans to do, it's worth noting that mussy v westlakes at the eagles nest this weekend was originally scheduled for sunday but has been changed to saturday at normal times. if we could all keep the levels of panic down to a minimum, that would be great.

Stoko R DaBomb
18-04-2013, 08:44 PM
I too am jumping on the Medowie for relegation bandwagon, although part of me wants them to stay up too, just so i have a chance to play them again heheheheeeeee

Agree here. Make no laugh about it. Should've been up in league 2 playing against them this year. Certainly have the quality to match it with the league 2 boys.

RANGER09
18-04-2013, 10:24 PM
Agree here. Make no laugh about it. Should've been up in league 2 playing against them this year. Certainly have the quality to match it with the league 2 boys.

After the trial we played against you in pre season your guys would be very competitive in league one

Buddha
19-04-2013, 06:45 AM
After the trial we played against you in pre season your guys would be very competitive in league oneAs long as i can keep winning headers against you Pedro i'm happy

supa
19-04-2013, 10:58 AM
After the trial we played against you in pre season your guys would be very competitive in league one

shame the promotion and relegation system works on a full season of results and not just one single trial match eeeyyyy?!

Cabaye#4
20-04-2013, 01:00 PM
Advance v CCB called off.
Any other games on today?

Guiltykeep
20-04-2013, 02:55 PM
Anyone know if medowie kept there quick striker or did he move on ?? Morgan I think the name was

Swanky
20-04-2013, 04:46 PM
Olympic v Jesmond
Referee called both games off

pv4
20-04-2013, 06:29 PM
mussy v Westlakes

reserves 0-5

firsts 2-1

ask leftrightout about his "neutral" opinion on the game. apparently all other opinions are laughable

dingdong
21-04-2013, 07:41 AM
mussy v Westlakes

reserves 0-5

firsts 2-1

ask leftrightout about his "neutral" opinion on the game. apparently all other opinions are laughable

we probably know what happened already. Westlakes dominated with 85% possesion , hit the post 4 times, copped an own goal and spent the WHOLE game in mussy's half. Am i close ?

Ronan Keating
21-04-2013, 10:55 AM
That's exactly what happened. Side note, how good was that young Ressies striker for westlakes, nice hatty

true waterboy
21-04-2013, 12:28 PM
we probably know what happened already. Westlakes dominated with 85% possesion , hit the post 4 times, copped an own goal and spent the WHOLE game in mussy's half. Am i close ?

westlakes were the better team in the first half going to the break 1 up
start of the second was very even.
first mussy goal was approx 2 metres off side (i was in line with defence) but wasnt called by the linesman. I dont agree with giving a kid that looked 12 or younger the flag in first grade with people drinking and yelling out from the hill.
to be fair he wasnt too bad, but a few of his calls you could tell were influenced by the crowd (imo).
westlakes self exploded after that and mussy second goal was a neat finish.

as for the refing i was having a laugh with the mussy guys in both grades about how consistantly bad it was for both teams. only positive was that it went both ways.

should be a good game this week ;)

pv4
21-04-2013, 12:47 PM
the reffing was the worst ive seen in Newcastle football ever. Mussy players actually apologized to us during & after the game because of the leniency shown to Mussy in the game. the ref was even awarded mussys players player at their club after the game.

I didn't think we dominated, but I thought we definately deserved the game without question. both teams were missing a few players

Cabaye#4
21-04-2013, 04:56 PM
I didn't think we dominated, but I thought we definately deserved the game without question.
So if you didnt dominate, didnt take ur chances & ended up losing, how did you come up with "definItely deserved the game without question"?

pv4
21-04-2013, 05:34 PM
So if you didnt dominate, didnt take ur chances & ended up losing, how did you come up with "definItely deserved the game without question"?

we didn't do the 80% possession trick again, is what I meant. I thought, if taken into account the legit fouls we deserved, we definately controlled the game more & deserved the win without question.

prawnhead
21-04-2013, 08:20 PM
we didn't do the 80% possession trick again, is what I meant. I thought, if taken into account the legit fouls we deserved, we definately controlled the game more & deserved the win without question.

Didn't see the game but hahaha that's quality.

Incognito mosquito
21-04-2013, 08:50 PM
Possession was fairly even, both sides were underwhelming and the ref was ordinary at best. Mussy took advantage of the situation better and deserved the win

The Dreaded Keeper
21-04-2013, 08:59 PM
Westlakes really only had two clear chances. One was a well taken one on one and the other the striker blew with a heavy touch. Keeper slid, took ball and player. Muswellbrook missed a spot shot and a couple of one on ones.

The ref was shocking both ways. Westlakes will be better when the tall bloke is back. A bit lost without him and lacked creativity. Just my opinion!!!

Cabaye#4
21-04-2013, 09:32 PM
Possession was fairly even, both sides were underwhelming and the ref was ordinary at best. Mussy took advantage of the situation better and deserved the win

But they didnt definitely deserved the win?

Oh well, noone looks at who deserves wins, just points on the table.
We can argue about this at the end of round 18.

Incognito mosquito
21-04-2013, 09:58 PM
I'm saying mussy deserved the win

true waterboy
21-04-2013, 10:16 PM
without getting into the he said she said, a draw woulda been a fair result.
the fact that the ref literally ruined the game was the most disappointing thing about the day

The Dreaded Keeper
21-04-2013, 10:50 PM
A draw would have been fair. For a Westlakes player. A win was fair for us!!!

true waterboy
21-04-2013, 11:15 PM
mussy first goal was 2m off side not called by a 12 yr old linesman

the two other goals were well taken
hence me saying a draw was fair

thats all im going to say this forum is going down hill

namwob99
21-04-2013, 11:47 PM
thats all im going to say this forum is going down hill

Going down hill now? Go back and check last years League 2 forum on grand final day? Ya didn't exactly cover ya self in glory after a few 'cans of courage'!!

hawk
22-04-2013, 12:15 AM
ffs ladies, too much shoulda. Though I will watch the vid if any cnt had of been bothered to do it.

Since when does a ref take notice of a 12 yr old fill-in liner. Surely only in out. The ref will make all offside decisions from the centre circle, meaning, expect a dodgy decision.
iirc mussy sheds are some of the best :)

pv4
22-04-2013, 06:29 AM
iirc mussy sheds are some of the best :)

bit of a hike to get to though innit :rof:

the ref had an official ref on one line, which he literally ignored for every decision, and used the young lad on the other side for all his decisions (or non-decisions).

i dunno about y'all, but when a players get a yellow card in a game they defend completely differently. they stand off a bit more, they give a little more room & in general they hit people less. that's what yellows for bad tackles or persistant fouling is for - to calm the player down. games open up after a couple of yellows are given. the ref on the weekend didn't give one card, and i daresay blew the whistle for a max of 5 fouls for mussy. westlakes play a game where their high players come back to receive the ball, and play off that man. literally dozens of times on the weekend, everytime our top men received the ball they were fouled from behind. countless slides from behind, many foul-worthy pushes off the ball, etc - and nothing was called. the reason 3/4 of our play was broken down was because of legitimate fouls. mussy kept doing them, as they were obviously getting away with them. our striker spent more time on the receiving end of a hit from behind than in the goalmouth. it's hard to play football when a ref allows the other team to get away with what he did. if the ref actually pulled mussy up for their persistent fouling, plus gave the odd card here or there, the game would have been completely different & we would have overrun mussy.

for an example of how bad the reffing was to westlakes, and how much mussy noticed this was the case - westlakes hit the ball out for a corner. the ref signalled a goalkick. westlakes players said they were going to kick the ball out for a corner because it was unfair. the mussy player said "you guys have seriously been dealt the severe end of a horrible stick today, just have the goalkick".

if someone was fairly reffing both sides, imo westlakes would have been happy with a win whilst mussy would have been happy with a draw.

The Dreaded Keeper
22-04-2013, 08:39 AM
I definitely agree that the ref was shocking. Last week that same ref made an offside call, which was supported by the Jesmond club-linesman. The striker yells "Mate I ran past 2 players to get there". Ref goes, "Oh, ok", and blows the whistle for a goal. From that point Muswellbrook were dead in the water and got nothing from the game.

My point is, that with these refs, or club refs, these things happen. As someone said above, it comes down to who exploits it better. Mussy fly into challenges every week. It's how we play. This week we got away with a few. Next week we may not.

sharky21
22-04-2013, 09:20 AM
So has anyone deserved a win in the opening two rounds cause from what iv read the "better" team has lost a lot. Or is it just sour grapes mix with the ref is against us??

Ronan Keating
22-04-2013, 06:41 PM

You're one righteous mofo mosquito but you do know your stuff.

hawk
22-04-2013, 06:55 PM
bit of a hike to get to though innit :rof:
the ref had an official ref on one line, which he literally ignored for every decision, and used the young lad on the other side for all his decisions (or non-decisions).
i dunno about y'all, but when a players get a yellow card in a game they defend completely differently. they stand off a bit more, they give a little more room & in general they hit people less.

Agree, ref can sort the hackers early so the others can get on with the game. Consistency and knowing when to yellow would be nice.

TXK
22-04-2013, 08:40 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and go for a bit of a different take on things in the Mussy vs. Westlakes game/refereeing.

Firstly the linesman is 15, yes he is little and looks 12 but he is actually 15. It is a bit ridiculous to place the loss on the performance of the referee. I'm not sitting here saying the referee had a good game, but I don't think the result can be placed on him. I think Westlakes played a decent game and knock the ball around well, but wouldn't by any stretch of imagination say definitely deserved to win the game.

If I look at our game against Jesmond, yes there was in my opinion an awful decision involving one of the goals and we barely won a 50-50 call all game. But that isn't why we lost, at the end of the day we were toothless in attack, not hungry enough and didn't deserve to win. We can talk all we want about the ref but Jesmond were the hungrier of the two teams and were good enough for the win, we weren't.

Throughout the week the gaffer spoke to our boys about the game and the lack of desire and players not willing to stand up and take control of a match and turn it on it's head, and we were much improved on Saturday. People can say that this foul or that foul should have been given, but at the end of the day I don't think Westlakes did quite enough to win. Most of the talk has been of Westlakes dominating the game and being hard done by, but in truth they were ineffective in the final third and majority of the would be fouls were in the middle of the park, not anywhere near threatening the Mussy goal.

If our first goal was offside, and from where I was at CB it did look to be, you could say that a draw may have been fair. But to say Westlakes deserves a win is a bit of a stretch. Muswellbrook were awarded a penalty at 0-0 which should have been put away, and it was a foul, not a bad foul, but a foul nonetheless. Also there were a couple of one-on-ones (one of which was at 0-0) which our striker should have slotted but was wasteful. We also had some really good patches of possession which haven't yet been mentioned.

Westlakes scored with their only clear cut chance and other than that, failed to trouble out defence too much. There is talk of Muswellbrook players going through the back, but I can't agree with that. We played a physical committed game but I thought Westlakes at times threw themselves about as well, and I'm not saying in a bad way. I thought it made for a really good competitive match.

It also hasn't been mentioned that Mussy lost their CB very early on to injury and needed to make two more changes due to injury as well, which can be difficult but we coped with it well.

At the end of the day, regardless of the ref, I just don't think Westlakes did quite enough for the win, in the same way we didn't do enough against Jesmond. I think that they were just missing a match winning touch in the final third, and in big Dunc (everyone knows who I'm talking about) they definitely have that. With him added to that team they will be a real force, but I think Mussy were good for their win on Saturday. Just a bit hungrier and dig in a little deeper.

Am aware there will probably be some vitriol sent my way, but this is my opinion and that's what these forums are for right?

The Dreaded Keeper
22-04-2013, 08:49 PM
Boom.

Incognito mosquito
22-04-2013, 09:04 PM
Your spot on there mate, hopefully this puts the issue to bed. From westlakes Aswell so clearly no bias

goaliepersempre
23-04-2013, 07:24 AM
If he is 15 he still should not be doing a senior line.....
Anywho keen to be back next wk

sharky21
23-04-2013, 10:30 AM
Any idea when games missed in round two will be caught up??

LINGERA
23-04-2013, 10:58 AM
Any idea when games missed in round two will be caught up??

next week probs