PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Zone League 3 Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

BB2300
01-06-2013, 06:50 PM
Stocko vs kurri
Ressies stocko 2-0
1st stocko 4-0

4-0 at half time and just couldn't go on with it. Always hard to come out and kick on when you know the 3 points are yours. Very happy with another clean sheet.

ManUTDSupporter
01-06-2013, 06:51 PM
Cooks hill v Dungog
2-0
4-1

We have lost interest I think. It's hard to say but I've lost plenty of interest myself.
Once again we were ****ing terrible! Just glad we played cookers and not stocko or Simba today in both grades :/
May well be a long road for us unless we find the hunger again.

namwob99
01-06-2013, 07:04 PM
Simba Vs Bero
2-6
0-2

Ressies starting to play well. Firsts were shite in the first half and not as shite in the second.

Youaskedforit
01-06-2013, 07:08 PM
Wait for it

Mayfield 2 toronto 0

Was another episode of beresfield all over again, six players backing up from ressies again, feel sorry for the blokes. They tried their prick out, all we can ask

Thank god we play home next week

Congrats to mayfield

Youaskedforit
01-06-2013, 07:08 PM
Ressies 4-0 toronto

BB2300
01-06-2013, 07:23 PM
Mayfield!!!!!!!
Brilliant

Wilso8948
01-06-2013, 07:55 PM
Simba Vs Bero
2-6
0-2

Ressies starting to play well. Firsts were shite in the first half and not as shite in the second.

I love that analysis

namwob99
02-06-2013, 07:46 AM
Simba Vs Bero
2-6
0-2

Also forgot to mention the spectacular bikie from 'Old Man Trace' for our second. Can do some alright things for a man of his vintage!!

Buddha
02-06-2013, 02:10 PM
Also forgot to mention the spectacular bikie from 'Old Man Trace' for our second. Can do some alright things for a man of his vintage!!
Well he does look like Jesus at times

BB2300
02-06-2013, 09:25 PM
The rooster is being quiet....

The roosta
02-06-2013, 11:23 PM
Yeah we played shit and really shit for a 15 minute period and conceded the 4 goals the ref was terrible and the disallowed goal was a joke that's about it really lol

BB2300
03-06-2013, 08:09 AM
Do you play rooster? Or are you a fan?
That number 7 in your team is the biggest sook I have ever met. I'm pretty sure he was crying whilst trying to act tough when he flipped the ref off as getting red carded.

I love the banter from your first to our support about " only good enough to play reserve grade" haha I honestly think our ressies would beat your 1st team.
Anyway just my opinion.

Wilso8948
03-06-2013, 11:30 AM
Do you play rooster? Or are you a fan?
That number 7 in your team is the biggest sook I have ever met. I'm pretty sure he was crying whilst trying to act tough when he flipped the ref off as getting red carded.

I love the banter from your first to our support about " only good enough to play reserve grade" haha I honestly think our ressies would beat your 1st team.
Anyway just my opinion.

I disagree. That no. 7 was a good bloke. The disallowed goal was a joke. I woulda been blowing up but his words were " oh well it's going both ways" if that was me I woulda killed someone. In saying that he did go a bit over the top when he got sent off.

BB2300
03-06-2013, 12:37 PM
I agree with the disallowed goal. That was a terrible call!
I will stand by my first post about him being a cock. Deserved the early shower I think, even though that ref was a clown you can't act like that for 3/4 of a game and not expect to cop a red.

Maybe your hearing isn't that great at the back M.W or maybe no.7 was just sooking up my end of the park lol.

Wilso8948
03-06-2013, 12:51 PM
I agree with the disallowed goal. That was a terrible call!
I will stand by my first post about him being a cock. Deserved the early shower I think, even though that ref was a clown you can't act like that for 3/4 of a game and not expect to cop a red.

Maybe your hearing isn't that great at the back M.W or maybe no.7 was just sooking up my end of the park lol.

Haha na in terms of sooking to me he was fine. Might have been worse to others. We were lucky to get the clean sheet but we have copped our fair share of rubbish calls this year. Was just a shame that we were on the wrong end of shitty calls when those games were in the balance. At least this game the poor call didn't affect the overall result of the match in any way.

BB2300
03-06-2013, 01:32 PM
Haha na in terms of sooking to me he was fine. Might have been worse to others. We were lucky to get the clean sheet but we have copped our fair share of rubbish calls this year. Was just a shame that we were on the wrong end of shitty calls when those games were in the balance. At least this game the poor call didn't affect the overall result of the match in any way.

The things the ref was calling me and their skip out for didn't make sense at all haha. The controversial calls are always going to be there in this league coz the standard of refs is terrible.

The roosta
03-06-2013, 02:03 PM
Every week we wait for the ref to send him off its the same thing week in week out finally it has happened didn't change the game though mayb if anything we played better lol

BB2300
03-06-2013, 02:53 PM
Every week we wait for the ref to send him off its the same thing week in week out finally it has happened didn't change the game though mayb if anything we played better lol

I noticed alot of the players were happy to se him go. You guys played alot better without him but also alot better in general in that 2nd half.

BB2300
03-06-2013, 02:55 PM

I noticed alot of the players were happy to se him go. You guys played alot better without him but also alot better in general in that 2nd half.

The roosta
03-06-2013, 03:22 PM
Yeah most were happy to see him go when it goes on all game every game it brings everyone down your out there just to have fun and kick about not listen to someone carry on at the end of the day the ref won't change his mind because of it
N yeah I think we picked it up a bit in the second half even though we knew the game was over hopefully we don't have a sleep period like that again

Wilso8948
03-06-2013, 03:31 PM
Yeah most were happy to see him go when it goes on all game every game it brings everyone down your out there just to have fun and kick about not listen to someone carry on at the end of the day the ref won't change his mind because of it
N yeah I think we picked it up a bit in the second half even though we knew the game was over hopefully we don't have a sleep period like that again
Yeh gotta admit we were pretty ruthless in that 30/40 min period. Was good to see us being so clinical. Wasn't our best performance by a long way but always a good sign when you're winning and keeping clean sheets when you aren't playing well. We will need to step it up a gear against bero at bero.

Any word on any catch up games being played?

Youaskedforit
03-06-2013, 03:36 PM
Interesting footnote to yesterdays Mayfield v Toronto game, Mayfield had three penalties awarded to them, everyone should not have been one, but anyway..

Penalty 1 - Still sailing over incitech at this moment, air traffic control has grounded all planes at williamtown airport for fear of the ball getting caught in a planes engine.

Penalty 2 - Awarded after a great tackle from our young fullback, no way was a penalty, anyway, player steps up, goes left and keeper saves it, as he was running out with the ball in his hands to kick it out he ran into a mayfield player who stood in his road, ( he is also sailing over incitech at the moment ), so ref awards ANOTHER PENALTY.

Penalty 3 - Player goes right, our keeper saves it again .... hahahahahahaha, running back asking the penalty taker would he like another go.

Not sure if it was the same bloke missed all three penalties, but would have to be neally a record.

AVB
03-06-2013, 03:38 PM
And Mayfield still won? geez could have been a blood bath from Mayfield

Youaskedforit
03-06-2013, 04:37 PM
And Mayfield still won? geez could have been a blood bath from Mayfield

Exactly, i think Toronto got one free kick the whole game..... but anyway well done Mayfield.

Wilso8948
03-06-2013, 05:02 PM
Exactly, i think Toronto got one free kick the whole game..... but anyway well done Mayfield.
Hahahaha that's ****ing awesome. Can't believe the keeper charge one... Was it that really old fella that always refs at mayf?? He's ****ing hopeless

BB2300
06-06-2013, 11:29 PM
Round 9

Dungog
Cooks hill
Stocko (in a very tight game)
Simba

Youaskedforit
07-06-2013, 08:53 AM
Dungog
Cooks Hill
Draw
Toronto Awaba

Upset in round 4, Toronto at home, and are only missing three players, so have 31 to pick from this week, believe it or not.
Plus simba wont be able to find Finnan Oval.
If we dont compete in this game, we deserve all those losses when we had no players, no excuses this w/end boys.

Youaskedforit
07-06-2013, 08:54 AM
Hahahaha that's ****ing awesome. Can't believe the keeper charge one... Was it that really old fella that always refs at mayf?? He's ****ing hopeless

Cant say mate, was little short greying hitler sort of bloke. Really old bloke with knee braces reffed ressies and down line in first grade.

Wilso8948
07-06-2013, 09:11 AM
Dungog
Cooks Hill
Draw
Toronto Awaba

Upset in round 4, Toronto at home, and are only missing three players, so have 31 to pick from this week, believe it or not.
If we dont compete in this game, we deserve all those losses when we had no players, no excuses this w/end boys.

Haha so true. Good old simba. Jeez I would love u guys to knock them over it'd do is a favour. I think you can do it simba dont travel well.

Also Those refs at mayf are always shithouse.

The roosta
07-06-2013, 11:34 AM
My picks

Kurri
Cooks hill
Bero
Simba
Good luck everyone

shark attack
07-06-2013, 02:47 PM
Dungog
Cooks Hill
Draw
Toronto Awaba

funny you say that , simba wanted to play stocko on sunday ( catch game from wash out ) , we then had to remind them they play toronto on sunday , he said nonononono we play toronto on saturday , so simba said then we play stocko on saturday , then we said we play on saturday hahahaha.

Youaskedforit
07-06-2013, 03:55 PM
funny you say that , simba wanted to play stocko on sunday ( catch game from wash out ) , we then had to remind them they play toronto on sunday , he said nonononono we play toronto on saturday , so simba said then we play stocko on saturday , then we said we play on saturday hahahaha.

hahahahahahahahahaha ... that is gold, they are certainly good value, looking forward to saturday ( i mean sunday ), see how they handle a sledging toronto crowd.

In saying that, all sledging done in good fun out finnan way, and so far handled well by Stockton, Mayfield, Westlakes ( some extra sledges ;) ) and Cooks Hill.

A bar behind the goals has got to be good for sledging :)

BB2300
07-06-2013, 09:36 PM
It looks like most teams will have full squads this week. It will be interesting to see the results this week. Ppl have been using no numbers as alot of excuses lately. Hopefully use aim up this week!

ManUTDSupporter
07-06-2013, 10:13 PM
Dungog boys will be looking for some hunger again! Been very very disappointing over the last few weeks.
Full team except 1 for us tomorrow, team has been re vamped and has no excuses tomorrow.
Another performance like the last two weeks may have some personnel changes in our firsts team!
But I think we will have learnt our lesson now.
Good luck all:
Bero
Dungog
Cooks
Draw

ManUTDSupporter
08-06-2013, 06:07 PM
Haha 3-2 loss in both grades for Dungog.
Firsts was funny, Dungog down 3-0 in 15mins. And then was still shit for the rest of game.
I would go further and way stocko may well have reached 15-20 goals against us today.
The final whistle went with us hitting a shot from the 18 and it went in with the ref halfway through blowing FT. But we didn't deserve a point, so not to worried.
We had fellas (including me) when they attacked saying to each other" can't be bothered getting back we will be right" lol not good.
Well done kurri either way

namwob99
08-06-2013, 08:04 PM
Beresfield Vs Stockton

Reggies 3-2
Firsts 3-1

Good day for the Bero boys. Collecting another well deserved 6 points.

Wilso8948
08-06-2013, 08:19 PM
Beresfield Vs Stockton

Reggies 3-2
Firsts 3-1

Good day for the Bero boys. Collecting another well deserved 6 points.
Tough day for stocko. Bero deserved three points. Couldn't get a free kick all day. Ended up with 9 players on the field after our keeper had to be subbed, a hamstring and calf injury, red card and I'm currently sitting in a hospital waiting room ready for my head to get stapled!!! I hate hospitals haha. Thanks to all the bero boys for taking care of me ay it didn't go unnoticed.

Retro Jet
08-06-2013, 10:59 PM
Cooks Hill vs Mayfield Jnrs
Athfield
Res Cooks Hill 1 v Mayfield 0
1st Cooks Hill 3 v Mayfield 1

BB2300
09-06-2013, 10:08 AM
Berro are a good team and took their chances. We showed alot of heart to get one back and keep pushing with 9 men. Very happy with the effort shown.
One of those days when nothing went our way.
Full credit to berrisfield's intensity at the start, we couldn't match it!

AVB
09-06-2013, 01:24 PM
Any results from Simba V Toronto?

Wilso8948
09-06-2013, 03:10 PM

Gets played today

namwob99
09-06-2013, 10:20 PM

Sportingpulse saying Simba won both grades.
Reggies 3-1
Firsts 4-2
Keeps the table nice and tight. Catch-up game results will be interesting.

BB2300
11-06-2013, 03:46 PM
Finally the catch up game is a go ahead against stocko vs simba.
Tomorrow night at Stephenson park.
Ressies 6pm
1st 8pm

ManUTDSupporter
11-06-2013, 07:32 PM
Finally the catch up game is a go ahead against stocko vs simba.
Tomorrow night at Stephenson park.
Ressies 6pm
1st 8pm

I believe we are looking to try get Dungog v Toronto catch up for mid week next week at Gresford, depending ground availability.
Did stocko organise the game? I'm assuming Simba wouldn't.

BB2300
11-06-2013, 09:32 PM
Rolo did all the ground work I'm pretty sure. He is a massive asset to our club, gets shit done haha. They are useless!

Youaskedforit
12-06-2013, 08:54 AM
I believe we are looking to try get Dungog v Toronto catch up for mid week next week at Gresford, depending ground availability.
Did stocko organise the game? I'm assuming Simba wouldn't.

Mid week at gresford ? Hope kickoffs are 8pm and 10pm

Wilso8948
12-06-2013, 12:27 PM
Gonna be a test of stockos depth with half our team out with injury. See if some veterans and young fellas will make the step up. Hopefully can still get away with the win. Ill let people know the score line from the stands. Gonna be tough watching the boys from the sideline tonight

Neally
12-06-2013, 12:41 PM
Gonna be a test of stockos depth with half our team out with injury. See if some veterans and young fellas will make the step up. Hopefully can still get away with the win. Ill let people know the score line from the stands. Gonna be tough watching the boys from the sideline tonight

How is the casualty ward going mate? I'd be chucking some bandages on Paul sirronen style and making wardy do all the heading at the back if I were you!

BB2300
12-06-2013, 02:38 PM
Wilso out with a stiches in his head.
Our best player suspended for a huge 7 minutes against you guys haha.
Our holding mid is out with a knee problem
Striker is in doubt
Right mid is carrying a hip problem and will be in the bench.
It was a tough day at berro on the weekend.
Hopefully our depth will shine through this rain and we can still walk away with 6 points. Going to be a tough night

Wilso8948
12-06-2013, 03:33 PM
How is the casualty ward going mate? I'd be chucking some bandages on Paul sirronen style and making wardy do all the heading at the back if I were you!

Got the tap on the shoulder and told I wasn't playing. I would have been fine (maybe a bit tender and avoiding some headers) but it isn't my choice to make. Just do whatever job gets put in front of me whether I like it or not haha. Wardy heading is a dangerous thought

75wrdna
12-06-2013, 05:01 PM
Got the tap on the shoulder and told I wasn't playing. I would have been fine (maybe a bit tender and avoiding some headers) but it isn't my choice to make. Just do whatever job gets put in front of me whether I like it or not haha. Wardy heading is a dangerous thought

any chance of a wash out tonight?

Wilso8948
12-06-2013, 05:52 PM
any chance of a wash out tonight?

Still saying its on. Ground had puddles on it but I think it'll get played cause most parties want it done and dusted.
Getting simba to play one catch up = very tough
Getting simba to play a catch up catch up = next to impossible

AVB
12-06-2013, 06:28 PM
Whats the policy if the game never gets played? surely it must be a win to stocko if SIMBA don't organise their home game?

Wilso8948
12-06-2013, 08:02 PM
Whats the policy if the game never gets played? surely it must be a win to stocko if SIMBA don't organise their home game?

Yeh they're pretty shit. Anyways game is on. Think we will have more first graders watching then playing tonight. Fingers crossed

Wilso8948
12-06-2013, 08:56 PM
Stocko v simba

Reserve grade 0-0 FT

Wilso8948
12-06-2013, 10:56 PM
Full time 1st. 1-1. Fair result. Game of two halves with simba stronger in first half to take 1-0 lead. Stocko got the equaliser in the second and came home with a host of chances. Almost snatched 3 points with a heap of players out

ace22
13-06-2013, 02:55 AM
got a mate that wants to change teams from a zpl side any1 got vacancies in there teams

Buddha
13-06-2013, 11:02 AM
Pretty unlucky not to grab a goal in ressies. Keeper pulled off some quality saves to keep Simba in the match.

gny
13-06-2013, 11:12 AM
What position ace?

Deck
13-06-2013, 12:01 PM
Send him down to mayfield!! Training tonight at Stevenson park 6pm!!

ace22
14-06-2013, 02:41 AM
What position ace?

midfield

namwob99
14-06-2013, 03:50 PM
Hahahahahaha you muppet! That's it mate I am the captain of stocko! I wear number 2 shirt and if you like you can bring this toughness to our next game. It's a ****ing local forum and I'm not going to pussy my post at all. If I think a team was rubbish, I will say so! If a team plays with a lot of heart and give all there got with the limited number of players, I will give the credit they deserve!
As for you clown. I don't even remember seeing a number 58 so you are either very insignificant on the field our you are one of those ressies players that sat there and gave abuse even after they were taught a lesson by our ressies team.
Have ya found him? Lol

Wilso8948
14-06-2013, 05:04 PM
Don't bring up this shit again

Wardy4
14-06-2013, 05:45 PM

All good Mate just a bump on the head and a 3 day headache...

Aintnobodygottimeforthat
14-06-2013, 06:11 PM
Don't bring up this shit again

lol

ManUTDSupporter
15-06-2013, 06:17 PM
Dungog v mayfield
Res : 0 - 0
Fst : 7 - 1

We went back to our original positions and were a lot more impressive. Very good performance.
Should of been way way more than 7

namwob99
15-06-2013, 06:32 PM
Beresfield Vs Kurri

Res 1-1
Firsts 5-0

Ressies cut short half an hour. Hope Kurri's ressies gk is ok. Pretty horrible injury.

Wilso8948
15-06-2013, 07:28 PM
Beresfield Vs Kurri

Res 1-1
Firsts 5-0

Ressies cut short half an hour. Hope Kurri's ressies gk is ok. Pretty horrible injury.

What is with your games and bad injuries lol. What happened?

Stocko v tronno
Res 9-0
1sts 7-0

Tronno had a pen saved. Don't think there was another shot on goal. Must suck playing two games every week

namwob99
15-06-2013, 07:38 PM
I'm sure someone else could better explain it as I was in the shower but from what I heard he got his leg stuck in the grass and he copped a knock and from what I've heard has broken both bones in his leg in numerous places. Not good. We all hope he is ok. And yeah seems to be a casualty ward at Tarro Park, your game is the only one in the last 3 where an ambulance hasn't come...and it probly should've. Lol

Retro Jet
15-06-2013, 09:17 PM
Hunter Simba v Cooks Hill
Tech College Gnd

Res Simba 1 v Cooks Hill 0
1st Simba 5 v Cooks Hill 5

dizz23
15-06-2013, 09:47 PM
Go reserve grade!

Wilso8948
15-06-2013, 10:21 PM
I'm sure someone else could better explain it as I was in the shower but from what I heard he got his leg stuck in the grass and he copped a knock and from what I've heard has broken both bones in his leg in numerous places. Not good. We all hope he is ok. And yeah seems to be a casualty ward at Tarro Park, your game is the only one in the last 3 where an ambulance hasn't come...and it probly should've. Lol

Ambo did come bro. I had a trip in it. Was so exciting siting in the ward for 4.5 hrs... Not!!

seldom
15-06-2013, 10:50 PM
:whistling:
Predictions

Toronto Awaba
Stockton
Dungog
Simba
Kurri
Cooks Hill
Mayfield
Beresfield

Wilso8948
16-06-2013, 12:26 AM

Rubbish predictions

seldom
16-06-2013, 12:31 AM
Hope this is not a rude question but how many days do ID3s train ?...1,2,3 none...srs question i've had zero involvment in lower leagues

namwob99
16-06-2013, 01:52 AM
2 at Bero.

shark attack
16-06-2013, 01:58 AM
Hope this is not a rude question but how many days do ID3s train ?...1,2,3 none...srs question i've had zero involvment in lower leagues

good question , mate to put it in simple terms theres not 1 side in this comp thats any older than 3 years old , we are all new , some of them 1st year in , at the end of the day we all have to start somewere and thats zpl3.
trust me there are a few sides in this comp that would handle and do well in 2s and if not 1s. we at stocko train 2 nights a week for 2 hours a night and out of 35 registered we get 24 to 30 each night for training. speaking for all clubs in zpl3 im sure we would all want to move forward ( well most of us ) if the chance game but only 1 at the time can go forward as stocko found out when uni won the minors last year and were promoted and we won the final last year but when a spot came up zpl2 this year due to bellbird pulling out we got knocked back ????. maybe you should come down to shark park at stocko seldom and have a look , ill even buy ya a beer.

seldom
16-06-2013, 02:47 AM
good question , mate to put it in simple terms theres not 1 side in this comp thats any older than 3 years old , we are all new , some of them 1st year in , at the end of the day we all have to start somewere and thats zpl3.
trust me there are a few sides in this comp that would handle and do well in 2s and if not 1s. we at stocko train 2 nights a week for 2 hours a night and out of 35 registered we get 24 to 30 each night for training. speaking for all clubs in zpl3 im sure we would all want to move forward ( well most of us ) if the chance game but only 1 at the time can go forward as stocko found out when uni won the minors last year and were promoted and we won the final last year but when a spot came up zpl2 this year due to bellbird pulling out we got knocked back ????. maybe you should come down to shark park at stocko seldom and have a look , ill even buy ya a beer.

Played against stockton many a year ago believe it or not when they were in the top comp. With the numbers you have at training two nights a week it won't be long before you are promoted.Numbers at training + Intensity = success, in my experience. Never know might show up for that beer SA

AVB
16-06-2013, 03:12 AM

Whats everyones predictions now then?

ManUTDSupporter
16-06-2013, 09:03 AM
Dungog train 2 nights and get good numbers, but only half at most are first graders. I and others live to far away to train at all, especially with work commitments.
Last year we never trained at all and made the grand final. maybe next year we may tee up a neutral training spot and then maybe we will gel week in week out.

sutho
17-06-2013, 09:02 PM
Should be obvious---look at the table! the committed passionate teams train twice a week, the others don't train and turn up for beer on sundays.

Stopper
18-06-2013, 09:33 AM
Mayfield twice a week. Just need some luck. They still have fight

Wilso8948
18-06-2013, 04:12 PM

Need some quality across the park and not drop points at home. Couple that with the fight your team posses then maybe they will be successful. Until then it will be a long year

ManUTDSupporter
18-06-2013, 05:56 PM

Mayfield need to play to their strengths, counter football!
Tighten up the defence and gain the structure needed and play the fast counter attacking game which suits you guys.

BB2300
18-06-2013, 08:17 PM
Mayfield should do what their coach tells them and not worry about everyone from over teams having their two cents worth

hawk
18-06-2013, 08:48 PM
Mayfield should do what their coach tells them and not worry about everyone from over teams having their two cents worth

It appears the coach has had long enough to implement his ideas, take the two cents.

Stopper
18-06-2013, 10:12 PM
From the games I have seen they can play football they need the belief and confidence

Wilso8948
18-06-2013, 11:31 PM
I'd be looking for a new coach

BB2300
19-06-2013, 01:22 AM

You should coach them! They would get a kick out of your chats

ManUTDSupporter
19-06-2013, 12:11 PM
From the games I have seen they can play football they need the belief and confidence
Both rounds our team has agreed mayfield played better then when we played kurri, we were just in a slump when playing kurri and got out shit together against mayfield.

ManUTDSupporter
19-06-2013, 12:11 PM
How's the head now Wilso? All good now mate?

Wilso8948
19-06-2013, 02:30 PM
You should coach them! They would get a kick out of your chats

I coach them to take out u so we all don't have to put up with your flexing routines carried out each game

Yer BJ all good man. Had to get in and win some headers early to erase some of those demons of wardys ugly head

BB2300
19-06-2013, 11:50 PM
I coach them to take out u so we all don't have to put up with your flexing routines carried out each game

Yer BJ all good man. Had to get in and win some headers early to erase some of those demons of wardys ugly head
Hard to take out pal..... Your the one who needs ambulances to leave venues!

Wilso8948
21-06-2013, 06:07 PM
Biggest question to be answered this weeked

- how the **** are simba going to get to dungog

ManUTDSupporter
21-06-2013, 07:11 PM
Biggest question to be answered this weeked

- how the **** are simba going to get to dungog
How the **** are they getting to gresford!
Game has been changed to gresford:
Res:2:45pm
First:4:45pm

Wilso8948
21-06-2013, 08:35 PM
They are gonna have no chance bro. Hopefully for your sake a few don't make the trip

ManUTDSupporter
21-06-2013, 09:28 PM
They are gonna have no chance bro. Hopefully for your sake a few don't make the trip
Worst part is couple of our fellas can't play now with the later times.

controlzone
22-06-2013, 09:32 PM
Results??

shark attack
22-06-2013, 09:44 PM
cookers 2 stocko 1 resies

cookers 1 stocko 6 1st

Deck
22-06-2013, 10:14 PM
Mayfield 1 Kurri 3 ressies

Mayfield 3 Kurri 1 1sts (this is not a typo)

Mayfield finally showed what they are capable of!!

Wilso8948
22-06-2013, 10:30 PM
Mayf are always dangerous come the back half of the season. Always seem to get it together.
Stocko played well today. Cookers headed home on the back stick from a free kick after we were completely asleep at the start. From there on controlled the game and did the best we could on a pretty average pitch. Scrapped well in defence and put some chances away

ManUTDSupporter
22-06-2013, 11:14 PM
Dungog v Simba
Res 3-0 forfeit by Simba
Firsts- 1-1
Simba only turned up with their full firsts team

Wilso8948
23-06-2013, 12:06 AM
Dungog v Simba
Res 3-0 forfeit by Simba
Firsts- 1-1
Simba only turned up with their full firsts team

Lol

ManUTDSupporter
23-06-2013, 01:05 AM
Lol
Was bullshit. Change venues to make it happen and they don't turn up to play reserves! We had first grade players travel up for a game in reserves, due to them unavailable so late for firsts, and simba show up and say we are only playing firsts. Rocking up with their full firsts and we didn't get a full team. But either way, they were all over us second half and we just defended very well! Dug deep for a point.
All I can say is, if you can't produce players for two games of football on the day, then you shouldn't be in zpl3

FiftyEight
23-06-2013, 08:00 AM
Weather report for Toronto anyone?

boz-monaut
23-06-2013, 08:31 AM
nearest detailed information is for Cooranbong

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDN60901/IDN60901.95767.shtml

True Local
Toronto V Bero is off

Youaskedforit
Weather report for Toronto anyone?

Pissing down .... Today's games at finnan oval are off

Neally
23-06-2013, 10:04 AM
Pissing down .... Today's games at finnan oval are off

Trying to get in contact with someone from Toronto, if you could get someone to call 0401910040 would be greatly appreciated

namwob99
23-06-2013, 10:43 AM
Trying to get in contact with someone from Toronto, if you could get someone to call 0401910040 would be greatly appreciated

Or anyone else looking for a good time!! 😉

pv4
23-06-2013, 09:41 PM
Not sure if this has been discussed in this thread or not.

I was told today that each Dungog first grader gets paid $50 cash a win. Is this true? Where does that money come from?

Note: the source of this info was a guy I was speaking to, who was "told direct from Dungog's coach". I told the guy I didn't believe it happened, but thought I'd put it out here just to see whether or not there was any truth behind it

Wilso8948
23-06-2013, 10:10 PM

I was told today that each Dungog first grader gets paid $50 cash a win. Is this true? Where does that money come from?

Note: the source of this info was a guy I was speaking to, who was "told direct from Dungog's coach". I told the guy I didn't believe it happened, but thought I'd put it out here just to see whether or not there was any truth behind it

Yeh I won't comment. Got no idea. But I've also heard from reasonably reliable sources that mayfield get paid to attend post match functions at the stag (local pub). Wouldn't think it'd be much. No one at stocko gets paid. Only in sexual favours

sutho
23-06-2013, 10:23 PM

Note: the source of this info was a guy I was speaking to, who was "told direct from Dungog's coach". I told the guy I didn't believe it happened, but thought I'd put it out here just to see whether or not there was any truth behind itThat's crazy!
There are teams in NBN n Newfm who pay simialar amounts

BB2300
24-06-2013, 11:42 AM
Some ppl get paid at stocko. Wilso gets paid in hair product!
I get paid in red frogs and Wardy gets paid everytime he doesn't take out one of our players

russjaybee
24-06-2013, 11:49 AM

LOL. $50... double it mate. There's gold up in them hills.

Wilso8948
24-06-2013, 12:18 PM
Some ppl get paid at stocko. Wilso gets paid in hair product!
I get paid in red frogs and Wardy gets paid everytime he doesn't take out one of our players

You get paid in ego reduction pills

Wilso8948
24-06-2013, 12:19 PM
LOL. $50... double it mate. There's gold up in them hills.

Can we stop referring to it as cash. We all know they just pay the petrol costs for travelling to and from games. That'd be $100 in itself

AcK0
24-06-2013, 02:04 PM

No player gets paid. What they are referring to is the $50 per match the Club is playing for each week for a win in First Grade from the association.

BB2300
24-06-2013, 02:46 PM
You get paid in ego reduction pills

Mate everyone knows about you wilso! Go and comb your hair

Wilso8948
24-06-2013, 02:54 PM
Mate everyone knows about you wilso! Go and comb your hair

All good mate. Least I have some to comb. Just be happy we are still paying those medical bills and buying you new equipment such as walking frames grandpa

ManUTDSupporter
26-06-2013, 10:01 PM
How we looking for the game this wkd at stocko?

Wilso8948
26-06-2013, 11:09 PM
Should be sweet BJ we normally always play except when it pisses down on game day

BB2300
27-06-2013, 08:25 AM
Wash out for sure!

ManUTDSupporter
28-06-2013, 04:09 PM
Hows the pitch looking?
Pretty keen for a game! But wash out would be perfect, 4 or 5 out from firsts. Leading goal scorer out for 6 weeks :/

shark attack
28-06-2013, 04:22 PM
sorry bj at the moment all good at stocko , there will be an inspection on saturday morning , be prepared to play.

ManUTDSupporter
28-06-2013, 04:39 PM
sorry bj at the moment all good at stocko , there will be an inspection on saturday morning , be prepared to play.
All good, like I said pretty keen for a game.
Always a good hit out the stocko v gog games, assuming a few may pop in to watch tomorrow if there is wash outs?
Hows the games looking ATM?

shark attack
28-06-2013, 04:40 PM
looks like all age are still playing at stocko friday night , guess we will have to wait and see how the ground pulls up after the all age game.

Wilso8948
28-06-2013, 04:46 PM
Just pulled in at the ground. Games will surely be off tonight but rains been pretty light. Little bit of water around but I've seen it worse on a Friday and we've still played on sat. If we don't get too big of downpours and rain holds tomoz we should be ok. Can always play on the back up field as well. Ill have a look tomoz morning

ManUTDSupporter
28-06-2013, 04:48 PM
Just pulled in at the ground. Games will surely be off tonight but rains been pretty light. Little bit of water around but I've seen it worse on a Friday and we've still played on sat. If we don't get too big of downpours and rain holds tomoz we should be ok. Can always play on the back up field as well. Ill have a look tomoz morning
Even with us down a few tomorrow, still prefer to play on a back up field than worry about catching it up.

Wilso8948
28-06-2013, 04:50 PM
Yer back up looked better then the front one just a bit of water in the centre. Depends on how much we get overnight. Ill let ya know if it pisses down tonight but hopefully it won't. Still really light here

outsider
28-06-2013, 04:59 PM
All good, like I said pretty keen for a game.
Always a good hit out the stocko v gog games, assuming a few may pop in to watch tomorrow if there is wash outs?
Hows the games looking ATM?

according to wet weather site both Corroba and Lynn ovals are closed Friday

Wilso8948
28-06-2013, 05:17 PM
We don't play on Lynn. We have two grounds at corroba now. We will see tomoz morning. We make our own decisions here on the peninsula ;)

namwob99
28-06-2013, 07:34 PM
Bero-Cooks Hill off.

ManUTDSupporter
28-06-2013, 07:51 PM
If it rains just keep it on, pretty keen for a kick, I'll just pack the swimmers. :) Hope next wkd is washed out as I'm not playing and some others. Might be tough task against bero!
Probably be to wet at gog even if it is sunny from Monday onwards, couldn't even play there last wkd

ManUTDSupporter
29-06-2013, 09:16 AM
On or off?

BB2300
29-06-2013, 10:21 AM
Off

ManUTDSupporter
29-06-2013, 04:44 PM
We looking midweek this week for the game?

BB2300
29-06-2013, 04:52 PM
Wednesday night??

ManUTDSupporter
29-06-2013, 05:03 PM
Wednesday night??
Will find out with everyone and let you know ASAP mate

BB2300
29-06-2013, 05:20 PM
Will find out with everyone and let you know ASAP mate

No dramas

Wilso8948
29-06-2013, 09:09 PM
Wednesday would be a goer. Grounds would be dry by then cause there's suppose to be rain sun/mon

True Local
30-06-2013, 07:11 AM
Been raining in Toronto pretty much non stop since last night, would be very surprised if the game goes ahead today.

Youaskedforit
30-06-2013, 09:55 AM
Been raining in Toronto pretty much non stop since last night, would be very surprised if the game goes ahead today.

Yeah all off mate.

Hope the scorps v cessnock go ahead ;)

ManUTDSupporter
30-06-2013, 12:30 PM
Stockton v dungog at stocko for Thursday the 4/7/13
Res:6:30pm
Firsts:8pm

How's that sound??

BB2300
30-06-2013, 01:45 PM
That sound good. Just got to get hold of rolo coz he will make the call. It will give us an extra day for the ground to dry enough to play a good game on.

outsider
30-06-2013, 03:13 PM
Yeah all off mate.

Hope the scorps v cessnock go ahead ;)

Of course it will go ahead-rugby league ground.Too wet to play yesterday and not stopped raining since so obviously the condition has improved.Call our game off to preserve the surface for a code that is going to carve the field to pieces.Makes a lot of sense to me.

ManUTDSupporter
30-06-2013, 05:34 PM
Let me know what Rolo says

BB2300
30-06-2013, 07:33 PM
He is dealing with someone in your club to get it played asap

ManUTDSupporter
01-07-2013, 09:15 PM
I believe Thursday is all good to go- stocko v dungog. Tough task for our boys with only 19 ATM, but we always put in against the stocko boys

BB2300
01-07-2013, 09:54 PM
I believe Thursday is all good to go- stocko v dungog. Tough task for our boys with only 19 ATM, but we always put in against the stocko boys

Is it set in concrete?

ManUTDSupporter
02-07-2013, 06:28 AM
Is it set in concrete?
Once our president lets Rolo knoe I'm told, as he said he was just waiting for permission from our coach. Was chatting to our coach and he said he has confirmed it with our president for thursday. So should be sweet

BB2300
02-07-2013, 01:40 PM
Catch up game Stockton vs Dungog
Thursday 4th July @corroba oval
Ressies- 6.30pm kickoff
1st- 8pm

There will be hot food and cold beer available for anyone keen to watch.

BB2300
02-07-2013, 03:57 PM
Catch up game Stockton vs Dungog
Thursday 4th July @corroba oval
Ressies- 6.30pm kickoff
1st- 8pm

There will be hot food and cold beer available for anyone keen to watch.

Been changed to the spare weekend of the 13th. Stupid decision but that's the way it goes.

shark attack
02-07-2013, 04:22 PM
wow , it goes to show that we have busted our arse out again to play this catch up game on this thursday night as agreed by stocko and dungog , but the federation wants us to play this catch up game on the spare weekend , so what if it rains again and we cant play on the spare weekend then we are back to square 1 , looking at the comp table dungog have a few more games to catch up and im sure if we were able to play on thursday night then that would be 1 less game for dungog to catch up , just maybe pending who dungog have to catch up with , dungog could use the spare weekend to play another game. makes sence to me but , considering toronto may have to travel to dungog or gresford mid week to play a catch up game when this game could of been played on the spare weekend ????.

BB2300
02-07-2013, 04:40 PM
It is crap. Dungog could play one of their earlier washouts on the spare week. We could play our game this Thursday.

BB2300
02-07-2013, 04:54 PM
BJ surely you guys would be on the same level? You won't get a good game mid vs Toronto.

Wilso8948
02-07-2013, 05:06 PM
BJ surely you guys would be on the same level? You won't get a good game mid vs Toronto.

****ing spewing cause I go away that weekend. Plan a trip away on a free weekend then catchups **** it and we end up playing anyways.

ManUTDSupporter
02-07-2013, 06:33 PM
****ing hell, I won't say what I think of the association right now.
Any chance Rolo can give them a call and just say we plan to play Toronto that weekend? As I will get our president to as well.
Put it this way if its on that wkd, I won't be playing, brother won't be, cousin won't be, our leading goal scorer won't be, our second leading goal scorer. Just to name a few!
Bunch of idiots, probably don't even realise we have a game against Toronto to catch up

BB2300
02-07-2013, 06:47 PM
****ing hell, I won't say what I think of the association right now.
Any chance Rolo can give them a call and just say we plan to play Toronto that weekend? As I will get our president to as well.
Put it this way if its on that wkd, I won't be playing, brother won't be, cousin won't be, our leading goal scorer won't be, our second leading goal scorer. Just to name a few!
Bunch of idiots, probably don't even realise we have a game against Toronto to catch up

Yeah very silly decision. Yeah get your president to give them a buzz. I don't think it's fair to have two sides disadvantaged that are a chance for playoff football.

ManUTDSupporter
02-07-2013, 06:51 PM
Yeah very silly decision. Yeah get your president to give them a buzz. I don't think it's fair to have two sides disadvantaged that are a chance for playoff football.
Well our president had said to them about us playing Toronto on the Sunday, so they just don't have any idea.
We will need to get hold of them tonight or first thing tomorrow morning. I know our coach is fuming lol

BB2300
02-07-2013, 07:01 PM
So is ours! Let me know how you go

Wilso8948
02-07-2013, 09:48 PM
Well our president had said to them about us playing Toronto on the Sunday, so they just don't have any idea.
We will need to get hold of them tonight or first thing tomorrow morning. I know our coach is fuming lol

Yeh ****ed man. The problem is because the whole round got washed out so they've moved the whole round. Really don't see the drama with us scheduling it earlier and getting it out of the way. Plus now means that Toronto have to travel to gresford mid week which would be pretty ****ed for them. Keep us posted but by the sounds of it hands are tied at the moment

rolo
02-07-2013, 10:36 PM
Clubs were told at the start of the season not to reschedule any catch up games on this spare weekend until the week of as it was planned to be used for this exact reason when a whole round got washed out so really there is no leg to stand on. That's exactly what they will say. Nothing we can do about it except move on and play the games the best that we can do with what will be available.

BB2300
02-07-2013, 10:50 PM
Have a crack anyway BJ

ManUTDSupporter
02-07-2013, 11:05 PM
Have a crack anyway BJ
President didn't even want to try :/
So annoyed, O well i will now miss bero and stocko. Could really be an unfavourable couple games for us.

BB2300
02-07-2013, 11:50 PM
So annoyed, O well i will now miss bero and stocko. Could really be an unfavourable couple games for us.

I'm out against you guys too. So both captains won't be there, wilso is out for us which is a big hole to fill. Not sure who else will be out, Should be pretty even.

namwob99
03-07-2013, 05:04 AM

How we looking for the weekend? Ground still wet?

ManUTDSupporter
03-07-2013, 06:34 AM
How we looking for the weekend? Ground still wet?
Sorry mate I live a long way away from dungog, but all I know Is they trained in the schools mpc not on the field. I think it will be on though

Youaskedforit
03-07-2013, 09:16 AM
Im confused Dungog want to play us ( Toronto ) on the spare weekend but association wont allow it ?

I think we playing bero on this Sunday at finnan, which they werent happy about as they travel to dungog on the saturday, dont think we can do anything about it.

Havnt even thought about Kurri washout yet.

Wilso8948
03-07-2013, 10:17 AM
I'd rather travel to dungog on a weekend then for a mid week night match. **** that haha

Youaskedforit
03-07-2013, 10:20 AM
I'd rather travel to dungog on a weekend then for a mid week night match. **** that haha

Ive just learnt from the Junior Club, we have been organised to play Kurri at home on July 14, no other games organised yet :(

Dungog midweek ? what the hell

Wilso8948
03-07-2013, 12:50 PM
Ive just learnt from the Junior Club, we have been organised to play Kurri at home on July 14, no other games organised yet :(

Dungog midweek ? what the hell

Don't you have a catchup v dungog at their home that needs to be replayed?

Youaskedforit
03-07-2013, 03:51 PM
Don't you have a catchup v dungog at their home that needs to be replayed?

Yes Mate

Wilso8948
03-07-2013, 05:22 PM
Won't u then have to play it midweek at dungog. Hence my original post .. That's ****ed haha

ManUTDSupporter
04-07-2013, 07:31 PM
I believe dungog is not going to be playable Saturday and they a trying to get Gresford for Saturday.
I'm lead to believe Gresford may also only be available Sunday. President will be letting bero know ASAP! Just a heads up incase of changes, but at this stage no change

namwob99
04-07-2013, 10:38 PM
I believe dungog is not going to be playable Saturday and they a trying to get Gresford for Saturday.
I'm lead to believe Gresford may also only be available Sunday. President will be letting bero know ASAP! Just a heads up incase of changes, but at this stage no change
Saturday will suit us better. Lol. But ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

ManUTDSupporter
04-07-2013, 10:45 PM
Saturday will suit us better. Lol. But ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Saturday is way better for us, only myself and a couple out for Saturday. Has been a lot more NOs for sunday from our guys.
But like you said it needs to played, and unfortunately our ground isn't too good when it comes large amounts of rain

ManUTDSupporter
05-07-2013, 02:46 PM
Dungog v bero is off this wkd

Youaskedforit
05-07-2013, 04:30 PM
Toronto Catchups

July 14 v Kurri at Finnan 1.15 and 3pm.
July 25 v Dungog at Gresford ( please rain ) 6.30pm and 8pm.
July 31 v Beresfield at Finnan 6.30 and 8pm.

gny
06-07-2013, 04:37 PM
Matt rolston scored bombs take it!!!!!!!

ManUTDSupporter
06-07-2013, 05:07 PM
Matt rolston scored bombs take it!!!!!!!
Woooo Matt rolson!! I hope we all know who he is because I don't. The bomb scorer

Wilso8948
06-07-2013, 07:08 PM
Woooo Matt rolson!! I hope we all know who he is because I don't. The bomb scorer

Stocko won both grades.
First grade was 4-0 at half time. Stayed that way for the next half. Had 1240572 chances and didn't put them away. Played a shit second half. No disrespect to mayf but our keeper didn't have to make a save the whole game which was pleasing defensive wise. Great first half but making a habit with not goin on with it in the second.

How'd everyone else go?

ManUTDSupporter
06-07-2013, 07:32 PM
Stocko won both grades.
First grade was 4-0 at half time. Stayed that way for the next half. Had 1240572 chances and didn't put them away. Played a shit second half. No disrespect to mayf but our keeper didn't have to make a save the whole game which was pleasing defensive wise. Great first half but making a habit with not goin on with it in the second.

How'd everyone else go?
I'm up to 17 on my beer staff woo, good win by stocko

Wilso8948
06-07-2013, 08:13 PM
I'm up to 17 on my beer staff woo, good win by stocko

Gotta love washouts mate. No football for 3 weeks for
U

Stopper
06-07-2013, 08:23 PM
Somehow stocko wouldn't be happy. Probably expected to put mayfield away in 2 nd half and could not do it.mayfield proved in 2 nd half.

Wilso8948
06-07-2013, 09:10 PM
Somehow stocko wouldn't be happy. Probably expected to put mayfield away in 2 nd half and could not do it.mayfield proved in 2 nd half.

I'm happy. 4 goals and another clean sheet. Yeh we played pretty rubbish in the second half but mayf didn't have a shot on goal in 90 mins of football. Gotta be "happy" with that

BB2300
06-07-2013, 10:56 PM
Haha mayfield proved themselves! We had 30 shotspper to 0. We out played ourselves in the 2nd half, completely got off track but its hard to kick on when you know you never were troubled. We need to get that killer instinct in us for semi final football!
Haha stopper :lol:

ManUTDSupporter
06-07-2013, 11:05 PM
Haha mayfield proved themselves! We had 30 shotspper to 0. We out played ourselves in the 2nd half, completely got off track but its hard to kick on when you know you never were troubled. We need to get that killer instinct in us for semi final football!
Haha stopper :lol:
Agree, we were up 5-1 against them and its hard to keep playing the same football with that lead! Especially knowing 5-1 was very generous for them

Wilso8948
06-07-2013, 11:16 PM
I might be a bit unpopular saying this or upset someone.. But I really believe mayfield have gone backwards this year. I dunno if we've gotten a little bit stronger which I think we have and the standard of the comp has increased but I don't get that feeling that they will keep coming this year. I remember last year you used to score a few and mayf would never stop coming and always looking for a few goals but I dunno if they've looked up strengthening their defence they just seem more content to sit back and let teams keep coming at them. Dunno if anyone would agree. I think the standard in this league has gone up this year also.

BB2300
07-07-2013, 12:27 AM
Fair call I think wilso. Top 4 teams( which will be dungog once they play all the catch ups) have stepped up a gear or two from the others. Mayfield, kurri and Toronto are struggling to keep up. Not to make out keeper do any work shows that we are along way ahead of teams like that.
It's a shame for them but its the way it is.

ManUTDSupporter
07-07-2013, 08:29 AM
Fair call I think wilso. Top 4 teams( which will be dungog once they play all the catch ups) have stepped up a gear or two from the others. Mayfield, kurri and Toronto are struggling to keep up. Not to make out keeper do any work shows that we are along way ahead of teams like that.
It's a shame for them but its the way it is.
The quality has increased this year, all dungog can think about is how close to first we would be without the mid year slump. But that shows we aren't quite there this year, possibly next season could be our year.
Once our players will regroup as they return the week or two after stocko game next week, we should hopefully some form again

Other results?

Buddha
07-07-2013, 11:38 AM
Go reserve grade

Wilso8948
07-07-2013, 11:46 AM
Go reserve grade

Stop stealing dizz's quote

boz-monaut
07-07-2013, 12:07 PM
Other results?

Cooks Hill v Toronto Awaba
1st 4-1
res 3-1

Youaskedforit
07-07-2013, 01:01 PM
Cooks Hill v Toronto Awaba
1st 4-1
res 3-1

Toronto led 1-0 a minute before half time, when without being biased IMO one of the calls that changed the game, our keeping got taken out in the air ball falls to a cooker and he slots it in, how the fark it wasn't a free kick was beyond me, toronto were heads down from there instead if leading 1-0 at the break it was 1-1, assistant coach gets sent from the field, then we get yellow after yellow and a red to make it impossible to come back from, farcical scenes after where the ref ( clown ) called both captains in to a room after the game for half an hour, god knows what for ? Wtf ?

Buddha
07-07-2013, 06:41 PM
Stop stealing dizz's quote
I was just informing everybody that there's two grades in this division that's all

controlzone
07-07-2013, 09:20 PM
Simba v Kurri result.

roosta???

BB2300
07-07-2013, 11:45 PM
I was just informing everybody that there's two grades in this division that's all

Me and wilso don't play in that grade! So therefore we shouldn't really comment on the run of play on here. Just saying

front2
08-07-2013, 01:03 AM
Toronto led 1-0 a minute before half time, when without being biased IMO one of the calls that changed the game, our keeping got taken out in the air ball falls to a cooker and he slots it in, how the fark it wasn't a free kick was beyond me, toronto were heads down from there instead if leading 1-0 at the break it was 1-1, assistant coach gets sent from the field, then we get yellow after yellow and a red to make it impossible to come back from, farcical scenes after where the ref ( clown ) called both captains in to a room after the game for half an hour, god knows what for ? Wtf ?

IMO discipline is the key overall.

Youaskedforit
08-07-2013, 08:51 AM
IMO discipline is the key overall.

Cockhead ref was the key.

sutho
08-07-2013, 10:20 AM
Cockhead ref was the key.
HIgh quality response as per usual. When a team loses, the ref is to blame! When a team wins the great team is to blame. Refs make mistakes, get over it. Looking at the ladder, your team of star nbn and newfm players have copped cockhead refs all season bar 2 games. Typical tribal bullshit.

sutho
08-07-2013, 10:22 AM
HIgh quality response as per usual. When a team loses, the ref is to blame! When a team wins the great team is to blame. Refs make mistakes, get over it. Looking at the ladder, your team of star nbn and newfm players have copped cockhead refs all season bar 2 games. Typical tribal bullshit.

oh I forgot to ad, look at nbn forum when teams like Weston lose we DO NOT call match officials cockhead!!!

pv4
08-07-2013, 10:34 AM
farcical scenes after where the ref ( clown ) called both captains in to a room after the game for half an hour, god knows what for ? Wtf ?

This is really interesting. I've never heard of a ref dragging captains into a room after a game (and to I assume clarify some things). Is this a process that refs are required to do, outsider (if you're reading this)? Any insight into what this is about, and if it happens regularly? Are teams/captains/coaches able to officially sit down with refs after games in closed-rooms and discuss this stuff?

outsider
08-07-2013, 12:13 PM
This is really interesting. I've never heard of a ref dragging captains into a room after a game (and to I assume clarify some things). Is this a process that refs are required to do, outsider (if you're reading this)? Any insight into what this is about, and if it happens regularly? Are teams/captains/coaches able to officially sit down with refs after games in closed-rooms and discuss this stuff?

Referees are not required to do this and I am surprised that it did happen.With regard to the last sentence I would hardly think that is going to happen given the attitude of players/coaches to referees particularly after games in which they dont like the calls which is most of them from my experience.

Stopper
08-07-2013, 12:15 PM
About refs. Here i am thinking that 22 players had to put up with a ref not just 11. Oh and yes we have had bad calls but just get on with it. Just saying.

Youaskedforit
08-07-2013, 12:26 PM
oh I forgot to ad, look at nbn forum when teams like Weston lose we DO NOT call match officials cockhead!!!

Ha Ha you sure about that

sutho
08-07-2013, 12:36 PM
About refs. Here i am thinking that 22 players had to put up with a ref not just 11. Oh and yes we have had bad calls but just get on with it. Just saying.
agreed- by most readers I'm sure

outsider
08-07-2013, 12:38 PM

So imagine what it is like for referees who have to put up with 22 players plus subs,coaches and spectators.Players make mistakes which are overlooked by most but when the referee makes a decision which is disliked then all hell breaks loose.Some of you need to get out and referee a few games and maybe you will form a different opinion but somehow i doubt that is going to happen.

BB2300
08-07-2013, 03:40 PM
I think use need to concentrate on playing the game instead of worrying about refs. You can't blame being on the bottom of the ladder on the refs. Need to man up and have a go for 90 minutes every week. These refs often do two games without linesman, tough gig I think. As a captain I think you do the best you can to keep on the good side and go with the calls given. At stocko we have became very disciplined towards the ref.
more football less sooking ppl!

boz-monaut
08-07-2013, 04:25 PM
two things about winging about refs after the game:

1. it won't change the result
2. there is no way you can ever come across well, ever

Youaskedforit
08-07-2013, 04:28 PM
I think use need to concentrate on playing the game instead of worrying about refs. You can't blame being on the bottom of the ladder on the refs. Need to man up and have a go for 90 minutes every week. These refs often do two games without linesman, tough gig I think. As a captain I think you do the best you can to keep on the good side and go with the calls given. At stocko we have became very disciplined towards the ref.
more football less sooking ppl!

Man up ?

delo
08-07-2013, 06:03 PM
Stocko won both grades.

How'd everyone else go?

mayfield aimed up and i dont remember 1240572 shots at goal though. last i saw it was 4-0
maybe im wrong

ManUTDSupporter
08-07-2013, 07:15 PM
Dungog v bero at bero, we had the worst ref I have seen in my 17 years playing. We had large amounts of bad calls against us 4 dotties i believe, but we just played shit too and could not blame the ref
Dungog v Kurrri at Kurrri, we had a shot mid flight that was 5 metres from going in and the ref decided it was just that moment that was full time before it hit the net.
We were annoyed and that did stop the game from being 3-3,but got over it, and could only blame ourselves!
Your decision made it 1-1 at ht, you had another half to prove you deserved to be up at the break! We didn't get that chance and dealt with it.
P.s Simba v Kurri??????

Youaskedforit
08-07-2013, 07:26 PM
Dungog v bero at bero, we had the worst ref I have seen in my 17 years playing. We had large amounts of bad calls against us 4 dotties i believe, but we just played shit too and could not blame the ref
Dungog v Kurrri at Kurrri, we had a shot mid flight that was 5 metres from going in and the ref decided it was just that moment that was full time before it hit the net.
We were annoyed and that did stop the game from being 3-3,but got over it, and could only blame ourselves!
Your decision made it 1-1 at ht, you had another half to prove you deserved to be up at the break! We didn't get that chance and dealt with it.
P.s Simba v Kurri??????

Prob would have if our player didn't get sent off for mumbling under his breath, yous weren't there, so don't comment, he was terrible end of story, no cookers giving version of events ? Maybe they just getting over it

eggball convert
08-07-2013, 07:38 PM

Just to clear this up. If the referee deems that period of allocated time is complete then the moment he starts blowing his whistle that is the end of that period of play regardless of where the ball is (in the air/ about to be kicked into an empty net/ etc). Also the referee is the sole timekeeper of the match.
Not implying you didn't know this btw sound like you did accept his decision and take responsibility which is excellent to hear. But I actually had a very similar incident today and there seems to be a myth going around that if one team is about to score the ref CAN'T blow HT/FT.

BB2300
08-07-2013, 07:52 PM
Man up ?

The wingeing mate. Pack of women!
If you get beat why can't you just say the other team played better.

AcK0
08-07-2013, 07:58 PM
Just to clear this up. If the referee deems that period of allocated time is complete then the moment he starts blowing his whistle that is the end of that period of play regardless of where the ball is (in the air/ about to be kicked into an empty net/ etc). Also the referee is the sole timekeeper of the match.
Not implying you didn't know this btw sound like you did accept his decision and take responsibility which is excellent to hear. But I actually had a very similar incident today and there seems to be a myth going around that if one team is about to score the ref CAN'T blow HT/FT.

I think the big point of concern was that after the referee had deemed full-time to be up, he stated that he had actually played 7 seconds too much. Why would a referee say this? It really only invites further questioning from the teams competing.

eggball convert
08-07-2013, 08:21 PM
I think the big point of concern was that after the referee had deemed full-time to be up, he stated that he had actually played 7 seconds too much. Why would a referee say this? It really only invites further questioning from the teams competing.

Very easy to do and the exact reason I use two watches, one with a generic stopwatch and the other on a countdown. As soon as that alarm goes the whistle is blown.
I imagine he would of said he played 7s too much already was to provide a reason to blowing the whistle at that critical stage of the goal being scored. Maybe indicating that full time was up at a time before a goal scoring opportunity had surfaced. Though is he hadn't actually blown his whistle and just said that time was up before the goal was scored then blew FT after the ball is in the net and disallowed the goal, my understanding would be that is incorrect.

ManUTDSupporter
08-07-2013, 08:38 PM
Very well aware of this and we hardly complained, I as captained (who also had the shot) didn't even complain once and started shaking hands knowing we didn't deserve anything from the game. If you actually think we are complaining ( which if you read it carefully we are not) he said he didn't play any Injury time for subs nor Injuries during the game. So to get technical there wasn't correct time played. But like I said we were shit and didn't deserve anything from our three straight losses

ManUTDSupporter
08-07-2013, 08:50 PM
Prob would have if our player didn't get sent off for mumbling under his breath, yous weren't there, so don't comment, he was terrible end of story, no cookers giving version of events ? Maybe they just getting over it
I'm assuming he 'mumbled' something towards the ref, Which is why he got sent?
Either way mate we have all copped a bad ref this year! I personally rather enjoy that we have refs to be able to play! Even if we must use our own on occasions.

Wilso8948
08-07-2013, 10:13 PM
We all just need to remember that none of us were there. I won't comment unless I'm at a game. In saying that if none of us had an opinion on refs then this forum would be pretty damn boring haha

Wilso8948
08-07-2013, 10:16 PM
mayfield aimed up and i dont remember 1240572 shots at goal though. last i saw it was 4-0
maybe im wrong

Ill agree. You are wrong. Ill change that number to a ****load of shots. Four went in. Disgusting finishing.
And if u call having not a single shot on goal "aiming up" then I stand by my original statement - mayfield really have gone backwards

AVB
08-07-2013, 11:12 PM

I was at the match, the refereeing was no worse then you would expect to see at any other 7th division league any where else in the Australia and lets be fair you lost 4-1? I would say the score line definitely reflected the match and your red card was at 3-1 I think so not much of an excuse.

Ill agree. You are wrong. Ill change that number to a ****load of shots. Four went in. Disgusting finishing.
And if u call having not a single shot on goal "aiming up" then I stand by my original statement - mayfield really have gone backwards

I haven't seen mayfield play this year but I would suggest the standard of some teams in this competition has dramatically increased rather then teams have dropped off. Last years competition was relatively weak and with very poor depth. This year the top two teams could easily compete in higher grades and Bero proved that with a big win over the 2012 ZPL premiers in the state cup (although this is not always a true indicator it does have some merit). The middle tier of teams (Simba, Cooks Hill, Dungog and Kurri to an extent) have also steadily improved and would be hoping the standard continues to rise next year and a couple of other string teams are added to create a really strong 10 team comp. No ones is really sure what's happening with promotion relegation next year so the top two might even stay for another year and a couple could get relegated from ZL2 to create a very very strong ZL3. If this happened teams such as mayfield and toronto would have to improve (and recruit) dramatically in the off season to even justify a place.

rolo
08-07-2013, 11:38 PM
I was at the match, the refereeing was no worse then you would expect to see at any other 7th division league any where else in the Australia and lets be fair you lost 4-1? I would say the score line definitely reflected the match and your red card was at 3-1 I think so not much of an excuse.

I haven't seen mayfield play this year but I would suggest the standard of some teams in this competition has dramatically increased rather then teams have dropped off. Last years competition was relatively weak and with very poor depth. This year the top two teams could easily compete in higher grades and Bero proved that with a big win over the 2012 ZPL premiers in the state cup (although this is not always a true indicator it does have some merit). The middle tier of teams (Simba, Cooks Hill, Dungog and Kurri to an extent) have also steadily improved and would be hoping the standard continues to rise next year and a couple of other string teams are added to create a really strong 10 team comp. No ones is really sure what's happening with promotion relegation next year so the top two might even stay for another year and a couple could get relegated from ZL2 to create a very very strong ZL3. If this happened teams such as mayfield and toronto would have to improve (and recruit) dramatically in the off season to even justify a place.

^^^^^ the most sense that anyone has spoken on this thing in weeks my own posts included

rolo
08-07-2013, 11:39 PM

and BJ surely you could have worked out what rolo stood for? ;) haha

WWMTD?
09-07-2013, 12:26 AM

I'm a cookers player, just wanted to let you finish your spiel first before replying. Reffing was alright in my opinion, better than a lot we have got this year, I think old mate getting sent off was an indicator of a lack of discipline from Toronto, in which at least 3 yellows were given for dissent. Lets be honest, Toronto were never in this game, went 1-0 up from a very bad centre back defensive error, the chip from the tronno bloke was class though. Before and after that goal cookers dominated play and possession and 4-1 was a fair assessment of the game. There's no shame in admitting you were beaten by the better team, stocko beat us last week and they were the better team plain and simple.
I do agree with AVB in saying this competition is much better this year, our 1sts team is far better than last year and we are still battling to stay in the 4. It's great though and I hope tronno and the other at the bottom stick it out, build up and have a crack next year. IMO mayfield are also better than the start of the year which is all you can ask for really, finish better than you started.

ManUTDSupporter
09-07-2013, 06:25 AM
and BJ surely you could have worked out what rolo stood for? ;) haha
Haha just stiring mate, or as some people seem to put it 'fishing'.
All set for the weekend mate? bit of a shame both teams have some players out.

Youaskedforit
09-07-2013, 08:58 AM
I'm a cookers player, just wanted to let you finish your spiel first before replying. Reffing was alright in my opinion, better than a lot we have got this year, I think old mate getting sent off was an indicator of a lack of discipline from Toronto, in which at least 3 yellows were given for dissent. Lets be honest, Toronto were never in this game, went 1-0 up from a very bad centre back defensive error, the chip from the tronno bloke was class though. Before and after that goal cookers dominated play and possession and 4-1 was a fair assessment of the game. There's no shame in admitting you were beaten by the better team, stocko beat us last week and they were the better team plain and simple.
I do agree with AVB in saying this competition is much better this year, our 1sts team is far better than last year and we are still battling to stay in the 4. It's great though and I hope tronno and the other at the bottom stick it out, build up and have a crack next year. IMO mayfield are also better than the start of the year which is all you can ask for really, finish better than you started.

Let me guess, the challenge on our keeper for the first goal was fair.

boz-monaut
09-07-2013, 10:24 AM
Let me guess, the challenge on our keeper for the first goal was fair.http://i.imgur.com/3Usiw.gif

Wilso8948
09-07-2013, 01:42 PM
I do agree that the depth wasn't there last year. We were very strong in first grade and average in reserves. This year we mix and match week in week out with ressies cause there is so much competition for spots. This will be tested in the coming weeks and I'm sure that we have enough quality replacements for anyone who's missing. And I agree about the relegation part. Is so hard to get promoted and I'm sure the federation is just looking to strengthen the comp throughout. Who knows what is going to happen. I know a few teams in high level all age that would easily account for the lower teams in this league. I for one am thankful I'm not playing against some of these teams waiting in the wings. See what happens

Buddha
09-07-2013, 08:11 PM
This is nonsense. End of day, the result is you lost. And it won't change. Move on.

More nonsense and dribble being talked than all of BB2300's posts combined

Now onto this weekend's fixtures

Anybody going to be struggling big time for numbers?

sutho
09-07-2013, 11:22 PM
Stockton v Dungog 3-1
Bero v Cookers KNife edge match 1-1
Simbav Mayfield simba too strong 4-0
Trono v Kurri trono 20-0 at half time. the c*ckh**d ref ruins the game and it ends up 20-35 to Kurri and is followed by another week of whinging

ManUTDSupporter
09-07-2013, 11:31 PM
This is nonsense. End of day, the result is you lost. And it won't change. Move on.

More nonsense and dribble being talked than all of BB2300's posts combined

Now onto this weekend's fixtures

Anybody going to be struggling big time for numbers?
Agree, we have plenty of key players out unfortunately, hopefully the boys can pull through though

seldom
10-07-2013, 12:37 AM
jeez youaskedforit is certainlygettingit lol

Youaskedforit
10-07-2013, 07:34 AM
Stockton v Dungog 3-1
Bero v Cookers KNife edge match 1-1
Simbav Mayfield simba too strong 4-0
Trono v Kurri trono 20-0 at half time. the c*ckh**d ref ruins the game and it ends up 20-35 to Kurri and is followed by another week of whinging

We havnt got 20 goals in us mate, so I reckon 18-31 rest of your prediction prob right.

Have heard we actually have top flight refs this weekend, we have carlin , bero have the best ref in NBN doing their game.

WWMTD?
10-07-2013, 09:38 AM
Let me guess, the challenge on our keeper for the first goal was fair.

Hahaha this Is good stuff, I'm a cookers player and with respect to tronno they were never in it, they went 1-0 up from a horrendous centre back error and then the keeper and a cookers player collided in the air going for a corner, if it was anyone fault it was the keeper who mistimed the jump and had to stretch out to far. No one was taken out, they took each other out and the ref was 2 feet away. Just cause there is contact in the air doesn't mean a foul. 2nd half cookers put 3 more on, end of story. I do hope tronno build in this year and stick around, 6 team come was shite last year and the comp has only gotten better this season.

Youaskedforit
10-07-2013, 11:59 AM
Hahaha this Is good stuff, I'm a cookers player and with respect to tronno they were never in it, they went 1-0 up from a horrendous centre back error and then the keeper and a cookers player collided in the air going for a corner, if it was anyone fault it was the keeper who mistimed the jump and had to stretch out to far. No one was taken out, they took each other out and the ref was 2 feet away. Just cause there is contact in the air doesn't mean a foul. 2nd half cookers put 3 more on, end of story. I do hope tronno build in this year and stick around, 6 team come was shite last year and the comp has only gotten better this season.

Keepers have always been a protected species, sometimes you have to hardly touch them and its a free kick, anyway lets move on ........

Toronto to beat Kurri on Sunday at Finnan

sutho
10-07-2013, 02:52 PM

It would be great for Mayfield and toronto to do that. First hurdle will be convincing the existing players to remain?

Youaskedforit
10-07-2013, 02:53 PM
Hey, is Kurri soccer team logo roosters or Bulldogs and where could i find their logo ?

WWMTD?
10-07-2013, 04:05 PM
It would be great for Mayfield and toronto to do that. First hurdle will be convincing the existing players to remain?

They would be pretty fickle if they took off after 1 underperforming season. To much of that around Newcastle, where I grew up you played seniors where you played your juniors. Period. So much club hopping up here even in the lower leagues, lets get a bit of loyalty back!

The roosta
10-07-2013, 05:11 PM
Our logo is a rooster
N I'd say we will be in for a tough game as we have our bowls day on Saturday lol

ManUTDSupporter
10-07-2013, 07:27 PM
Our logo is a rooster
N I'd say we will be in for a tough game as we have our bowls day on Saturday lol

Was Simba v kurri played?

Wilso8948
10-07-2013, 08:05 PM
They would be pretty fickle if they took off after 1 underperforming season. To much of that around Newcastle, where I grew up you played seniors where you played your juniors. Period. So much club hopping up here even in the lower leagues, lets get a bit of loyalty back!

1st year in IDs stocko missed the finals and ran 5th. The core playing group and some true clubman stuck around. Look at us now. Takes hard work and weening out the smart ass wankers that don't give a shit about the club

WWMTD?
10-07-2013, 09:02 PM
1st year in IDs stocko missed the finals and ran 5th. The core playing group and some true clubman stuck around. Look at us now. Takes hard work and weening out the smart ass wankers that don't give a shit about the club

Same with us last year, ran 5th on goal difference, building this year and hoping to continue.

ManUTDSupporter
11-07-2013, 09:30 PM
Could be long day for dungog on Saturday, just found out we have atleast 7 regular first graders out and only 20 Ish for both teams.
But we had a similar one off game against UNi last year and snuck a 1-1 draw, so hopefully the reserve graders step up and take charge

Wilso8948
11-07-2013, 10:20 PM
So happy I'm not playing absolutely effed my groin at training and wouldn't have played anyways. Take a lot for me to miss a game through injury but there would have been no chance of me playing haha. I just want the boys to keep a clean sheet. I'm sure well be fine I think we only have two first graders out. Ground looked awesome tonight so looks like it'll be a great day. Spewing I'm missing it but best of luck to everyone

Wilso8948
13-07-2013, 04:09 PM
Stocko v bero reserves
2-1

Late goal from what I heard. First grade boys are playing now

Wilso8948
13-07-2013, 05:53 PM
1st grade 9-0
Was 2-0 after halftime but by the sounds of it the boys played great

ManUTDSupporter
13-07-2013, 06:20 PM
1st grade 9-0
Was 2-0 after halftime but by the sounds of it the boys played great
Yeah told it was only 1-0 at ht, boys ran out of legs. Great effort from our boys with some players backing up.
Proud of the reserves in firsts, coach said they all stepped up

Buddha
13-07-2013, 06:21 PM
Take it dungog, how's your head coach!!!!