PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Zone League 3 Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

controlzone
10-08-2013, 11:28 PM
Wow I must have been ****ed up that night then. Sorry ill remember not to have so many cokes and red frogs makes me see things. Fully apologise...

Don't ever mix red frogs and fizzy drinks together. 😜 Can see things that are not there....

Wilso8948
10-08-2013, 11:29 PM
Thanks for advice mum

ManUTDSupporter
10-08-2013, 11:33 PM
Doesn't cookers have a catch up against Kurri next weekend? Then play stocko in the last? Dungog have bero then simba in the next two weeks.
Yeah cooks and Simba both still to play kurri. Last rd is us v Simba and cooks v stocko.
Dungog need atleast 1 point from bero if cooks and Simba get wins against kurri. We must then beat Simba.
So frustrating not being a part of today's game, I won't be lining up against bero.

controlzone
10-08-2013, 11:38 PM
Thanks for advice mum

🙅🙅🙅

Wilso8948
11-08-2013, 12:03 AM
Yeah cooks and Simba both still to play kurri. Last rd is us v Simba and cooks v stocko.
Dungog need atleast 1 point from bero if cooks and Simba get wins against kurri. We must then beat Simba.
So frustrating not being a part of today's game, I won't be lining up against bero.

Common BJ we did you boys a favour last year to get yas into the finals. Least you could do is hobble out the get a scrappy goal and park the bus against bero. Return the favour haha

front2
11-08-2013, 12:04 AM

That sounds about right. Sorry my poor analysis. Was distracted with a flat tyre this evening and to top it off the spare tyre was flat too. At the end of the day it seems like Dungog have the control of the finals series in their hands.

whANTite
11-08-2013, 12:24 AM
That sounds about right. Sorry my poor analysis. Was distracted with a flat tyre this evening and to top it off the spare tyre was flat too. At the end of the day it seems like Dungog have the control of the finals series in their hands.

If u don't beat mayfield, u don't deserve to play finals football...

dizz23
11-08-2013, 01:18 AM
Heskey, Pretty sure these stocko boys who show up on old boys day include members from the glory days of Stockton Soccer from NBN and NEWFM, young guys who have left stocko for current NBN sides, last year even had a former stocko player who trialed with Manchester United.

The grade isn't the point here. It was a disgrace to our sponsors and the people of Stockton to show up to watch some football and get 15 minutes of football against 7 players. That's f#cked.

As for the ZPL3 comment, who cares what grade it is. This is our club and we want to provide something back to those who've played before us, to the community and make it something more than Saturday afternoon football. All clubs should strive to improve and engage their community and embrace their history, no matter what grade you play.

Aintnobodygottimeforthat
11-08-2013, 03:15 AM

does this mean your out for the all stars game aswel???

ManUTDSupporter
11-08-2013, 08:13 AM
If u don't beat mayfield, u don't deserve to play finals football...
Bahahaha yes because one game where the boys couldn't put 1v1s, 2 open goals and numerous chances away, means we don't deserve to be there. Last time i checked its based on the whole year.
Sorry Wilso its not looking good. Got a massive lump on top of my ankle( something not right there), huge amounts of bruising on the right and random sharp pains up my leg.
Kurri is looking like my last game last weekend.
What's was the Simba v cooks score?

Wilso8948
11-08-2013, 09:51 AM
#ZPL3 Old Boys day is hardly a real old boys day. Bunch of overweight players not good enough to make NBN or NEWFM
I wish some of the older fellas that played in yesterday's friendly read this comment. You've got zero ****in idea

sutho
11-08-2013, 11:23 AM
to the toronto boys who tried to make a game of it thank you , as far as i am concerned toronto is a poorly run club not only did they show up short of players the didnt even have any coaching staff at the ground , the only guy there for them ( if you call him a coach ) spent most of his time at the beer tent , were was you youaskforit you didnt even have the balls to ring stockton to let stockton know you were going be stuggling for numbers so just maybe we could of filled the day in a given the bumper crowd at corroba oval that were so disapointed , toronto is just a *uckin* disgrace , there is only 1 thing is this world thats lower than your club and thats a snails arse hole , its time the federation started fining clubs hard who forfeit games , rest assured toronto dont cry about your numbers , we have all been in your spot somewhere along the lines but i would never never forfeit a game let alone at an old boys day which you spastics had plenty of notice about this day , toronto go back to your hole were you came from your a disgrace to this competition , teams like you make our comp look bad.
Youaskedforit you called me a clown on this forum for pointing out some of the history of clubs you have been involved with! time to fess up and be a man.

pv4
11-08-2013, 11:31 AM
Firstly, whoever made the comment mocking an old boys day is an idiot. Have some respect and/or learn some history

Secondly, 7 players showing up to an oppositions old boys day is an insult.

I hope stocko have a sponsor pub and I hope they were happy with the turnout

sutho
11-08-2013, 11:31 AM
#ZPL3 Old Boys day is hardly a real old boys day. Bunch of overweight players not good enough to make NBN or NEWFM
What a stupid remark! maybe your team should try apologizing rather than belittle-ling a club's Old Boy Day. Stocko lost money, plus food wastage, and had a ceremonial day ruined by a club with no players run by a committee with NFI! trono should be financially compensating Stocko so that Stockton is not disadvantaged by this fiasco. Stocko didn't ruin old boys day!!!! trono - disgraceful- go back to all age!

rolo
11-08-2013, 11:48 AM
Heskey, Pretty sure these stocko boys who show up on old boys day include members from the glory days of Stockton Soccer from NBN and NEWFM, young guys who have left stocko for current NBN sides, last year even had a former stocko player who trialed with Manchester United.

The grade isn't the point here. It was a disgrace to our sponsors and the people of Stockton to show up to watch some football and get 15 minutes of football against 7 players. That's f#cked.

As for the ZPL3 comment, who cares what grade it is. This is our club and we want to provide something back to those who've played before us, to the community and make it something more than Saturday afternoon football. All clubs should strive to improve and engage their community and embrace their history, no matter what grade you play.

Especially when the plan was 'to play 10 mins of first grade then someone 'get inured' so they only had 6 and had to forfeit.
Absolute disgrace. Would rather them not have shown up. Piss weak effort. I worked my ass off for the last month to make old boys a big day for Stockton (many of which are former or current nbn players and competed in a state league grand final with the sharks heskey you idiot) only to have it ruined by a disgraceful act like that is a ****in embarrassment.

Wilso8948
11-08-2013, 12:04 PM
In a lighter note the true community spirit was shown when a bunch of supporters and ex players wacked a shirt on and got out to give first grade a run. Many a hand ball, illegal tackles and beers were spilt. But not a single person left and everyone had a laugh. We've always been up against it to start something like we have but having that showed why each week we turn up to play the game we love

sutho
11-08-2013, 05:32 PM
Some of the Toronto IDs couldn't play stocko because they were at stags old boys day

gny
11-08-2013, 06:00 PM
So they have 10 players cause other blokes were else where? Disgrace use all should retire

ManUTDSupporter
12-08-2013, 09:21 PM
My season is officially over, all the best to the teams who play finals football. Ps No# 8 kurri, you're a F&@kwit

Youaskedforit
13-08-2013, 09:02 AM
Some of the Toronto IDs couldn't play stocko because they were at stags old boys day

Have been indisposed for a few days, so i will start with this ill informed joke, as the rest of the posts have alot of merit...

Sutho, dont know or care who you are, but i can assure you there were no ID"S at stags old boys day, they wont set foot in there with current hierarchy.

The players you may have been misinformed about are from the O35 teams that have filled in for us throughout the year, and there was SFA of them there as well, so get your facts right.

Youaskedforit
13-08-2013, 09:04 AM
Youaskedforit you called me a clown on this forum for pointing out some of the history of clubs you have been involved with! time to fess up and be a man.

Another joke of a comment, but not even going to ask what you are talking about, cause you are not worth my time !!!!!

Youaskedforit
13-08-2013, 09:07 AM
What a stupid remark! maybe your team should try apologizing rather than belittle-ling a club's Old Boy Day. Stocko lost money, plus food wastage, and had a ceremonial day ruined by a club with no players run by a committee with NFI! trono should be financially compensating Stocko so that Stockton is not disadvantaged by this fiasco. Stocko didn't ruin old boys day!!!! trono - disgraceful- go back to all age!

Sutho, do agree with you here for a change, there is no excuse for belittling Stocktons old boys day through comments, i know alot of boys who were all stags that went to play for Stockton in the NBN days, and any player that still gets recognised by their club after hard work, both on and off the field deserve a better situation for old boys day, apologies.

pv4
13-08-2013, 09:20 AM
Are stocko taking it further? Can they somehow recover funds lost from food wastage and stuff, and will toronto be fined (or pay for it)? Is there some sort of ruling for this kind of scenario?

Youaskedforit
13-08-2013, 09:21 AM
to the toronto boys who tried to make a game of it thank you , as far as i am concerned toronto is a poorly run club not only did they show up short of players the didnt even have any coaching staff at the ground , the only guy there for them ( if you call him a coach ) spent most of his time at the beer tent , were was you youaskforit you didnt even have the balls to ring stockton to let stockton know you were going be stuggling for numbers so just maybe we could of filled the day in a given the bumper crowd at corroba oval that were so disapointed , toronto is just a *uckin* disgrace , there is only 1 thing is this world thats lower than your club and thats a snails arse hole , its time the federation started fining clubs hard who forfeit games , rest assured toronto dont cry about your numbers , we have all been in your spot somewhere along the lines but i would never never forfeit a game let alone at an old boys day which you spastics had plenty of notice about this day , toronto go back to your hole were you came from your a disgrace to this competition , teams like you make our comp look bad.

Now this will get me going, how dare you accuse me for having no balls, maybe we will sort that situation out at a later date.....

1/ Most importantly, apologies to the stockton club for how the day turned out, and to noones fault but Toronto.
2/ I am just as dissapointed in what has happened at Toronto this year, as we were full of hope and glitter at the start of the year, drawing W/Lakes and beating Morisset, there is no excuse for all of a sudden especially the last half of the season for dwindling numbers, i have to wonder if things may have been different had we been in semi final positions, which is nothing but a disgrace.
3/This team was started for local blokes, who could not play at Lyall Peacock while certain people were involved down there, and it was a chance of a fresh new bweginning, under the junior banner where they have been a great help.
4/ These players have not only embarrased the club, but also myself.
5/ As if i have to answer to you SA, but i was busy with a personal family sickness for the day, so you sir can GGF.
6/ If i had 20 pairs of boots i would have played,( if family member wasnt crook ), unfortunately all i can do was done, numerous texts all week and sat morning, as far as i was aware i had 21 players coming, so yes short on numbers but more then enough to get through the day.
7/ Apologies to the 6/7 blokes who did turn up, and joined the club at the start of the year thinking it would be great, unfortunately their mates have let them down ... NOT ME.

Youaskedforit
13-08-2013, 09:24 AM
Are stocko taking it further? Can they somehow recover funds lost from food wastage and stuff, and will toronto be fined (or pay for it)? Is there some sort of ruling for this kind of scenario?

Youre kidding arent you mate ? Really, theres food wastage after most home games, do they charge the visiting team for leftover food ?

I have apologised, all i can do, but im not the one pulling on the boots, as i said if i had twenty pairs of boots and could walk let alone run i would have played for all of them.

pv4
13-08-2013, 09:43 AM
I'm not having a go at you personally, I'm just asking if stocko has plans to ask about reimbursement. There IS leftovers after every game - but not the biggest game of the year when the opposition brings sfa people to it amount of leftovers. If I were stocko I'd be feeling hugely let down and to be totally honest I'd be asking the question of the federation. I'm under the understanding that if clubs forfeit they are fined - is that usually just the amount to pay for the refs, or is this scenario taken into account?

Wilso8948
13-08-2013, 05:03 PM
Wherever anyone was. It was still one of the lowlights of the year. Rather embarrassing to be honest

Wilso8948
13-08-2013, 05:08 PM
Anyways who gives a ****. We have moved on. Plenty of people had a good catch up. Some older fellas strapped on the boots. Plenty of beers were drank and we had a busy day in the canteen. We won't forget what happened. But will move on

BB2300
13-08-2013, 05:27 PM
Now this will get me going, how dare you accuse me for having no balls, maybe we will sort that situation out at a later date.....

1/ Most importantly, apologies to the stockton club for how the day turned out, and to noones fault but Toronto.
2/ I am just as dissapointed in what has happened at Toronto this year, as we were full of hope and glitter at the start of the year, drawing W/Lakes and beating Morisset, there is no excuse for all of a sudden especially the last half of the season for dwindling numbers, i have to wonder if things may have been different had we been in semi final positions, which is nothing but a disgrace.
3/This team was started for local blokes, who could not play at Lyall Peacock while certain people were involved down there, and it was a chance of a fresh new bweginning, under the junior banner where they have been a great help.
5/ As if i have to answer to you SA, but i was busy with a personal family sickness for the day, so you sir can GGF.
6/ If i had 20 pairs of boots i would have played,( if family member wasnt crook ), unfortunately all i can do was done, numerous texts all week and sat morning, as far as i was aware i had 21 players coming, so yes short on numbers but more then enough to get through the day.
7/ Apologies to the 6/7 blokes who did turn up, and joined the club at the start of the year thinking it would be great, unfortunately their mates have let them down ... NOT ME.

Haha sort it out later haha. Lets have a coaches punch on inbetween ressies and 1st on GF day. Goose!

sutho
13-08-2013, 06:24 PM

so who recruited them? and why enter ID when you had all age? makes no sense.

Youaskedforit
13-08-2013, 07:19 PM
Wherever anyone was. It was still one of the lowlights of the year. Rather embarrassing to be honest

Agreed

Wilso8948
17-08-2013, 09:30 AM
Good luck everyone in their catch up games. When you guys are kicking off the stocko golf day will probably be teeing off at the 15th and on our 400th beer haha.

gny
17-08-2013, 11:22 AM
Would of invited Toronto but probably wouldn't of shown up anyways

sutho
17-08-2013, 01:10 PM
Would of invited Toronto but probably wouldn't of shown up anyways

They would have shown, it's the weekend

ManUTDSupporter
17-08-2013, 04:52 PM
I'm told:
Gog v bero
Res: 1-3
1st: 1-2 HT

Bubbles7
17-08-2013, 06:10 PM
Gog vs bero
Res 1-3
First 1-4

russjaybee
19-08-2013, 11:29 AM
Tough game, closer than the scoreline reflects.

Neally
19-08-2013, 12:20 PM
Tough game, closer than the scoreline reflects.

Was definitely a battle out there...between the wind and the rock hard pitch made it difficult to play much decent football...

We did have one casualty for the day with the bloke from ressies having a fractured elbow!

keeper20
19-08-2013, 12:55 PM
bero keeper made one save all game and your goal was from a very suspect penalty!the dungog keeper making the best double save ive seen all year!very hard to play football on that pitch!credit to dungog though for not giving in to the final whistle!and no hot water wasnt much fun showering after the game!

any other results over the weekend?

russjaybee
19-08-2013, 01:12 PM
Yeh pitch is an absolute nightmare.

Bero keeper did make a good save from a free kick and we also hit the crossbar/post.

Yeh our poor keeper made that great double save then got done by the old perfectly positioned cross come shot just to cap it all off haha.

Dennis
19-08-2013, 10:03 PM
Do cooks hill play Stockton on Sunday ??

Stopper
19-08-2013, 11:20 PM
By the fixtures they play Saturday. Only game Sunday by fixtures is Toronto v Beresfield

Retro Jet
20-08-2013, 01:05 AM
Do cooks hill play Stockton on Sunday ??
Yes.

Cookers v Mayfield ZPL Saturday.
Mistake in the draw. 2nd week with that clash between the 2 grades this year.

WWMTD?
20-08-2013, 07:56 AM
Yes.

Cookers v Mayfield ZPL Saturday.
Mistake in the draw. 2nd week with that clash between the 2 grades this year.

Nope. We are playing Saturday at no.4. Looking at early kickoff times to allow us to watch ZPL 1sts after

Retro Jet
20-08-2013, 04:59 PM
N1 WWMTD?
Good that you got those earlier KO's through with Stocko. Ta to Stockton too.
Hope to see you all at Athfield for afters.... (ZPL: C/Hill v Mayfield)

ZL3: Cooks Hill v Stockton
Saturday, 24th August
National Pk No.4
Res 11:30am
1st 1:15pm

WWMTD?
20-08-2013, 11:09 PM
Cooks hill vs Kurri tonight
Ressies - Cooks Hill 2-0
1sts - Cooks Hill 1-0
Kurri played hard both grades and almost snatched a late draw in 1sts.
Cookers have both grades in the finals this year along with stocko, bero and simba. Well done to those 4 clubs.

BB2300
21-08-2013, 03:21 AM
It will make for an interesting game in reserve grade. My boys in 1st will be out to finish off strong before semi finals kick off.
I would think stocko will rap up the club championship too this week, huge effort!
Congrats to cookers, berro and simba for also getting both teams into the semi's.

AVB
21-08-2013, 10:45 AM
Anyone
care to offer some predictions are 5 rounds.

Stockton
Bero
Cooks Hill
SImba

Dungog
Kurri
Toronto
Mayfield

Do I win a prize?

BB2300
21-08-2013, 01:27 PM
Nil prize! Wrong order champ! Better luck next year lol

shark attack
21-08-2013, 02:42 PM
Do I win a prize?

close but no cigar , lets hope the federation get it right this year , could well be stockton to play simba in both grades and bero to play cookers in both gardes pending this weekends results , regardless were resies finish this year , it would be a shame if it was stockton v simba and bero v cookers on saturday and the same senario come sunday when the federation could have both stockton v simba and bero v cookers at the same ground rather than be sepperated , of cousre as i said pending this weekends results.

namwob99
22-08-2013, 12:30 PM
Anybody from Dungog going to upload the scores from weekend?

ManUTDSupporter
22-08-2013, 05:43 PM
Anybody from Dungog going to upload the scores from weekend?
Can't help you wasn't there and others aren't on here often from Dungog

controlzone
24-08-2013, 07:32 PM
Any results from today? She's pretty quiet for being the last round...

Two tone
24-08-2013, 07:50 PM
CHUFC v Stockton
1 v 0 res
2 v 2 1st

ManUTDSupporter
24-08-2013, 08:05 PM
I'm told
Dungog v Simba
Res: 1-1
1st: 3-3 Simba scored with 30 secs left I believe

Stopper
24-08-2013, 10:10 PM
Kurri 2 nil ressie. 5 -2. First. V Mayfield

front2
24-08-2013, 10:55 PM
So who is first past the post in 1st ?

namwob99
24-08-2013, 11:25 PM
So who is first past the post in 1st ?
Decided tomorrow!!

Congrats to Cooks Hill reggies. Thoroughly deserved.

Wilso8948
24-08-2013, 11:44 PM
Yep frustrating day. Scored first then went into the break equal after a keeper mistake off a corner. Missed some sitters. Then missed more in the second then finally jagged one. Went to sleep for two mins and got punished. Then missed a few more lol. Ground was like concrete but end of the day you have to put your chances away and we failed to do that today. Doesn't have a huge bearing on table results. But will certainly be annoying if tronno jag a draw tomoz.

The_Phantom
25-08-2013, 04:49 PM
Hail, Hail!!!

The_Phantom
25-08-2013, 05:58 PM
Predictions

Toronto Awaba
Stockton
Dungog
Simba
Kurri
Cooks Hill
Mayfield
Beresfield

........nuff said!

BB2300
25-08-2013, 06:06 PM
Berro score?

rolo
25-08-2013, 06:08 PM
Congrats to bero on the premiership. Well done! Big effort first year in. All the best to all teams in the finals

namwob99
25-08-2013, 06:26 PM
Trono Vs Bero

Firsts 1-13
Ressies 0-3

Top effort from everyone involved. What a season!!!

Wilso8948
25-08-2013, 07:22 PM
Wow what a score haha take it tronno. Deserve the spoon after your epic fails this year. Well done bero like rolo said big effort first year in! Will be good to get to the finals it's been a long year. Gonna be a tight one I reckon. If anything I think bero and stocko are both playing the teams outside of eachother that probably provide the biggest test.

Aintnobodygottimeforthat
25-08-2013, 07:44 PM
With weekends results does anybody know who takes out club championship???

BB2300
25-08-2013, 07:50 PM
Berro or stocko.
Does anybody know what day the semis are?

namwob99
25-08-2013, 08:22 PM
Berro or stocko.
Does anybody know what day the semis are?
I thought you were gonna rap it up this week. What's the maths involved?

Isn't Week1 1v4 satdy, 2v3 Sundy
Week2 2v3 satdy, 1v4 Sundy??

controlzone
25-08-2013, 08:30 PM
I would think stocko will rap up the club championship too this week, huge effort!

Did u boys end up wrapping it up???

rolo
25-08-2013, 09:08 PM
I thought you were gonna rap it up this week. What's the maths involved?

Isn't Week1 1v4 satdy, 2v3 Sundy
Week2 2v3 satdy, 1v4 Sundy??

I'm not sure on the exact point scoring system but based on how I'm farely sure it works. I think we may have wrapped it up due to a draw in reserve grade. Don't quote me on that though. I know fg are worth more so based on that I think it's something along the lines of (like I said might nt be exact)
Fg win 20pts draw 10pts
Rg win 10pts draw 5pts
Bero
Fg 13 wins 260pts 4 draws 40pts
Rg 10 wins 100pts 2 draws 10pts
Total 410pts
Stocko
Fg 12 wins 240pts 4 draws 40pts
Rg 11 wins 110pts 3 draws 15pts
Total 415pts

Could be completely wrong and don't wanna count any chickens before they hatch haha

AcK0
25-08-2013, 09:26 PM
I'm not sure on the exact point scoring system but based on how I'm farely sure it works. I think we may have wrapped it up due to a draw in reserve grade. Don't quote me on that though. I know fg are worth more so based on that I think it's something along the lines of (like I said might nt be exact)
Fg win 20pts draw 10pts
Rg win 10pts draw 5pts
Bero
Fg 13 wins 260pts 4 draws 40pts
Rg 10 wins 100pts 2 draws 10pts
Total 410pts
Stocko
Fg 12 wins 240pts 4 draws 40pts
Rg 11 wins 110pts 3 draws 15pts
Total 415pts

Could be completely wrong and don't wanna count any chickens before they hatch haha

Win
First Grade-8 points
Draw
First Grade-4 points
Loss
First Grade-nil (0) points

Win
Reserve Grade-4 points
Draw
Reserve Grade-2 points
Loss
Reserve Grade-nil (0) points

controlzone
25-08-2013, 09:35 PM
Win
First Grade-8 points
Draw
First Grade-4 points
Loss

Win
Reserve Grade-4 points
Draw
Reserve Grade-2 points
Loss

So who won???

AcK0
25-08-2013, 09:50 PM
So who won???

I ended up with Beresfield on 164 points [13 x 8, 4 x 4, 10 x 4, 2 x 2] and Stockton on 162 points [12 x 8, 4 x 4, 11 x 4, 3 x 2].

All in all, a very close competition and congratulations to the 4 semi-finalists in both grades.

rolo
25-08-2013, 09:50 PM
So who won???
Bero by 2 pts then

namwob99
25-08-2013, 09:51 PM
Huzzah!!

roundballsarebetter
25-08-2013, 09:52 PM
Win
First Grade-8 points
Draw
First Grade-4 points
Loss

Win
Reserve Grade-4 points
Draw
Reserve Grade-2 points
Loss
Based on this formula Stockton lose by 2 points ( check my math but) as the extra win in 1sts 3x better than the draw in res

BB2300
25-08-2013, 09:55 PM
Berro- 164
Stocko- 162
That's going off old mates point system.
To my previous post I didn't think berro we're going any good in ressies.
Don't take that much notice of ressies, especially berrisfield's ressies.

All I care about is the GF! No one remembers anything else but the winner of the grandy.
Good luck to all teams in the semis except for simba haha

controlzone
25-08-2013, 09:59 PM
Berro- 164
Stocko- 162

All I care about is the GF! No one remembers anything else but the winner of the grandy.

Wow!! Just wow!!!!

Wilso8948
25-08-2013, 10:01 PM
Wtf did I just read my head hurts. Anyone think there could be some upsets in the semis? Last year dungog definitely surprised many by making the gf from 4th.

namwob99
25-08-2013, 10:01 PM
Berro- 164
Stocko- 162

Lol spoken like a true runner up. Our aim was premiership, gets promotion etc.

rolo
25-08-2013, 10:07 PM
Lol spoken like a true runner up. Our aim was premiership, gets promotion etc.

Double congrats to bero then. Looks like our slip up yesterday cost us then. =(

AcK0
25-08-2013, 10:08 PM
Berro- 164
Stocko- 162

Point system is based on Regulation E, E14(b) from the Zone League Football Playing Rules.

BB2300
25-08-2013, 10:09 PM
Mate I'm happy with the end result.
Berro was the better team! I said after our 3rd game against berro that it wouldn't feel right winning the minor without beating use once.
Congrats! And I mean that.
I just hope we both make it to the decider.

I do believe that two teams will get promotion but the federation has a mind of its own so we will wait and see.

controlzone
25-08-2013, 10:10 PM
So a quick summation of this seasons festivities....

Bero premiers. Promotion to ZL2.
Bero club champions.

Does any more need to b said??

Aintnobodygottimeforthat
25-08-2013, 10:12 PM
Berro- 164
Stocko- 162

Yeh i agree apparently its heaps hard to get out of zl3 but....

Premy
25-08-2013, 10:14 PM
So a quick summation of this seasons festivities....

Bero premiers. Promotion to ZL2.
Bero club champions.

Does any more need to b said??
Bero V Tanambit should be a belter next year

BB2300
25-08-2013, 10:14 PM
"Minor"

controlzone
25-08-2013, 10:17 PM
"Minor"

Premiers and grand final winners...

sharky21
25-08-2013, 10:18 PM
Bero V Tanambit should be a belter next year
That's if bellbird pulling out lets Tenambit escape back to back relegations.

Premy
25-08-2013, 10:19 PM
That's if bellbird pulling out lets Tenambit escape back to back relegations.

One would think ZL2 will be at 10 team comp

BB2300
25-08-2013, 10:19 PM
I will lose my shit if cooks hill beat you hahahahahaha

sharky21
25-08-2013, 10:20 PM
Premiers and grand final winners...
Correct. This minor, major shit is a rugby league thing and unfortunately football in aus decided to follow. Best team wins comp not gf.

sharky21
25-08-2013, 10:21 PM
One would think ZL2 will be at 10 team comp
That may save us. Would be good to know what the association plan on doing sooner rather then later.

namwob99
25-08-2013, 10:22 PM
Lol. Nice mate. We're all pretty keen to see you storm off sulking again like satdy. Again premiership was our goal, got that, anything else is a bonus.

BB2300
25-08-2013, 10:27 PM
Haha sulking! I had a wedding to go to at 4pm. Haha I take defeat very well. All in all it's just a game

controlzone
25-08-2013, 10:28 PM

Concentrate on simba son...

BB2300
25-08-2013, 10:31 PM
Don't worry fella I am. They are a tough team

Wilso8948
25-08-2013, 10:54 PM
**** there's some bullshit talked on here.

controlzone
25-08-2013, 11:05 PM
It will make for an interesting game in reserve grade. My boys in 1st will be out to finish off strong before semi finals kick off.
Congrats to cookers, berro and simba for also getting both teams into the semi's.

C bullshit above....

Soup
25-08-2013, 11:06 PM
**** there's some bullshit talked on here.

Can agree with ya there on that one, and i think we all know which particular team it generally comes from!

controlzone
25-08-2013, 11:26 PM
Haha sulking! I had a wedding to go to at 4pm. Haha I take defeat very well. All in all it's just a game

Obviously not enough time to have a shower so u show up to the reception stinking of defeat....

rolo
25-08-2013, 11:38 PM
C bullshit above....

How is that bullshit? Yeah he may have been wrong in his prediction but had we not have slipped up against a team we had beaten 10-2 over the season we would have wrapped up the CS. Hardly calls for bullshit.

Yea there is a lot of talk on here. That's what a forums for. If you didn't all love reading it you wouldn't be on here. If you don't like bullshit a forum is not the place for you in any of these threads. Bullshit I'm sure is a requirement of this site. So what if some people talk more than other. Some sometimes too much others not enough in soups case (congrats on Your first post).

Yeah we at Stocko are disappointed to miss out on a minor premiership and a club championship in one weekend. We had our slips and obviously didn't deserve it. Stocko obviously always a bridesmaid after the same thing last year. That takes nothing away from bero massive congratulations to come into the comp set up a new team and do so well (even if it was a side of zl1 players =p). Good on them. I was the first one to congratulate Bowey and neally cause I've been in their position and I know how hard it is to do what they have done this year regardless of what has happened on the field. Good luck to them next year in zl2 if all goes to plan for them. All my life I've always disliked bero but this year I've come to know a few of them and they are top blokes. Very similar to us. A Stocko without a beach if I may. I hope they kill it next year in league 2.
Would love to see NF see that these comps have some seriously unevenness across them and send an olive branch of promotion our way as well but only time will tell.
But we will soldier and do our best to fight for what we can. A grand final spot then a win hopefully. Surely you can begrudge us of that. And I'm sure everyone would agree that would be the ultimate grand final and would be one to watch! See ya there namwob!

Cue the Stocko haters ;)

Wilso8948
25-08-2013, 11:44 PM
Can agree with ya there on that one, and i think we all know which particular team it generally comes from!

IMO the bullshit is evenly spread amongst all teams. I mean hell even Dennis from simba gets their average up on the shit talking lol

Wilso8948
25-08-2013, 11:46 PM
Obviously not enough time to have a shower so u show up to the reception stinking of defeat....
Last time I checked a 2-2 scoreline equated to a draw. But I could be wrong

rolo
25-08-2013, 11:49 PM
IMO the bullshit is evenly spread amongst all teams. I mean hell even Dennis from simba gets their average up on the shit talking lol

Wish stokoRdabomb would come and stick up for us!

Aintnobodygottimeforthat
25-08-2013, 11:49 PM
How is that bullshit? Yeah he may have been wrong in his prediction but had we not have slipped up against a team we had beaten 10-2 over the season we would have wrapped up the CS. Hardly calls for bullshit.

Yea there is a lot of talk on here. That's what a forums for. If you didn't all love reading it you wouldn't be on here. If you don't like bullshit a forum is not the place for you in any of these threads. Bullshit I'm sure is a requirement of this site. So what if some people talk more than other. Some sometimes too much others not enough in soups case (congrats on Your first post).

Yeah we at Stocko are disappointed to miss out on a minor premiership and a club championship in one weekend. We had our slips and obviously didn't deserve it. Stocko obviously always a bridesmaid after the same thing last year. That takes nothing away from bero massive congratulations to come into the comp set up a new team and do so well (even if it was a side of zl1 players =p). Good on them. I was the first one to congratulate Bowey and neally cause I've been in their position and I know how hard it is to do what they have done this year regardless of what has happened on the field. Good luck to them next year in zl2 if all goes to plan for them. All my life I've always disliked bero but this year I've come to know a few of them and they are top blokes. Very similar to us. A Stocko without a beach if I may. I hope they kill it next year in league 2.
Would love to see NF see that these comps have some seriously unevenness across them and send an olive branch of promotion our way as well but only time will tell.
But we will soldier and do our best to fight for what we can. A grand final spot then a win hopefully. Surely you can begrudge us of that. And I'm sure everyone would agree that would be the ultimate grand final and would be one to watch! See ya there namwob!

Cue the Stocko haters ;)

Them bero blokes must have done well with only zl1 players you lot had newfm and nbn right?

controlzone
25-08-2013, 11:51 PM
Last time I checked a 2-2 scoreline equated to a draw. But I could be wrong

2-2. Who cares... Bero 43. Stoko 40..

rolo
25-08-2013, 11:52 PM
Them bero blokes must have done well with only zl1 players you lot had newfm and nbn right?

Haha that's why I congratulated them ;)

BB2300
25-08-2013, 11:54 PM
What position do you play controlzone?
Grade?

controlzone
26-08-2013, 12:01 AM
What position do you play controlzone?
Grade?

Does it really matter? R u going to show ur toughness next round...

It's quite obvious I play for the premiers....

Stoko R DaBomb
26-08-2013, 12:08 AM
I was really hoping this would be the case. Grasping at straws and willing the only season proper trophy that may come our way early this week, although premature was warranted. Apologies to Berro they have persisted throughout and ignored our arrogance. Hopefully the federation will wake up to themselves and promote the two best sides this year, instead of one. Guess time will tell it is a real pity that winning win the GF means nothing in the whole scheme of things though. Still possibly grasping at straws?

BB2300
26-08-2013, 12:08 AM
I realize who you play for fella.
That's why I asked position not club.
Toughness as you call it will be brought but I call it passion.

controlzone
26-08-2013, 12:37 AM
I realize who you play for fella.
That's why I asked position not club.
Toughness as you call it will be brought but I call it passion.

Straws... Grasp at them!!

BB2300
26-08-2013, 12:47 AM
Pussy

controlzone
26-08-2013, 01:09 AM
Pussy

Meow....

U talk smack all year and what do u walk away with???

NOTHING......

a-gunners
26-08-2013, 01:49 AM
2 teams may deserve to go up but in id2s only one team deserves to go down so i cant see 2 teams gettibg relegated unless they didnt think they could compete so sorry to say but only 1 up 1 down

controlzone
26-08-2013, 02:01 AM
2 teams may deserve to go up but in id2s only one team deserves to go down so i cant see 2 teams gettibg relegated unless they didnt think they could compete so sorry to say but only 1 up 1 down

Correct... One team deserves promotion. We know all who that is...

namwob99
26-08-2013, 02:02 AM
Shhhhhhhh

controlzone
26-08-2013, 02:08 AM
Shhhhhhhh

Shhhhhhhhhh.....

The less the said the better....

Shhhhhhh......

Wilso8948
26-08-2013, 07:27 AM

Tronnnnnooo!

boz-monaut
26-08-2013, 09:00 AM
I see some of you were up late last night behaving like a bunch of dickheads

play nicely or you'll be banned until the grand final is over

rolo
26-08-2013, 09:42 AM

Only one deserves relegation but surely zl2 couldn't operate with a bye as a 9 team comp again

rolo
26-08-2013, 09:44 AM

Sorry boz. Try to show a bit of sincerity and some people carry on like children. I've fed my congratulations and a few compliments and only get ridiculed

pv4
26-08-2013, 10:09 AM
TBH I wouldn't be surprised if Tenambit stayed in ZL2 and only one ZL3 team was promoted (this is assuming no teams in other comps ask to be relegated like Merewether did last season, of course). If ZL2 goes to 10 teams, I can't see them relegating one of the existing 9 - wouldn't they just add one in?

IMO they just need to go 10 teams for each competition from NBN through to the lowest Zone League comp. I think I read Dudley are coming into ZL3 next year, and Bellbird have intentions to come back - any other teams coming in as a new team, does anyone know?

russjaybee
26-08-2013, 10:19 AM
Wow this place turned to shit, bit of humility wouldn't go astray...

sharky21
26-08-2013, 10:57 AM
TBH I wouldn't be surprised if Tenambit stayed in ZL2 and only one ZL3 team was promoted (this is assuming no teams in other comps ask to be relegated like Merewether did last season, of course). If ZL2 goes to 10 teams, I can't see them relegating one of the existing 9 - wouldn't they just add one in?

IMO they just need to go 10 teams for each competition from NBN through to the lowest Zone League comp. I think I read Dudley are coming into ZL3 next year, and Bellbird have intentions to come back - any other teams coming in as a new team, does anyone know?
Apparently lochinvar are tossing the thought of playing league 3 next year.

And as for Tenambit. We would be more then happy to stay in League 2 next year And with Bellbird pulling out it is a possibility. I know everyone looks at the ladder and passes judgement and unless u are from the club and know of all the bullshit that has gone on that has created a stir that's all u can do which is fair and I dnt hold anything against anyone for any comments made saying we should drop. But I can tell u its been a rough kinda year for our squad on and off the park.
If the association says we are to play League 3 next year then so be it. But for now its a waiting game until they make up there minds.

Premy
26-08-2013, 11:05 AM
Apparently lochinvar are tossing the thought of playing league 3 next year.

And as for Tenambit. We would be more then happy to stay in League 2 next year And with Bellbird pulling out it is a possibility. I know everyone looks at the ladder and passes judgement and unless u are from the club and know of all the bullshit that has gone on that has created a stir that's all u can do which is fair and I dnt hold anything against anyone for any comments made saying we should drop. But I can tell u its been a rough kinda year for our squad on and off the park.
If the association says we are to play League 3 next year then so be it. But for now its a waiting game until they make up there minds.

I hope for your sake sharky you get to stay in ZL2 it would be a real shame if use don't. Great set up you have up there and top blokes I'm sure use will be back stronger next year goodluck.

sharky21
26-08-2013, 11:18 AM
I hope for your sake sharky you get to stay in ZL2 it would be a real shame if use don't. Great set up you have up there and top blokes I'm sure use will be back stronger next year goodluck.
Cheers mate here's hoping we got the off field setup right which makes things easier to just play football. which at the end of the day is all we want to do.

TXK
26-08-2013, 11:30 AM
Only one deserves relegation but surely zl2 couldn't operate with a bye as a 9 team comp again

The other alternative is that Tenambit don't relegated and the promoted team takes Bellbirds spot. Depends what the association decide to do....

In my humble opinion, I think Tenambit should go down and two should be promoted, that's not having a dig at Tenambit either. At the end of 2009 Muswellbrook finished bottom of the old ID2 and got relegated, the season was so bad that the club nearly folded. Instead of seeing the relegation as a negative thing, we got together a core group of people to keep the club alive and with a solid first grade and bringing youth through the ressies, we finished champions in the 2010 season in both grades. Now we have pushed on as a club and been promoted to ZL1. Basic gist is that it's not the end of the world for a team to go down a division, sometimes it's what is needed to eventually move forward. There is no point staying in a higher division and getting beaten each week(eg. Singleton in NewFM, seriously what is the go with that???) especially with a young team like Tenambit are, they need to learn how to win and not make losing a habit. ZL3 might do them the world of good.

From what I hear, both Berro and Stocko would be well up to moving up a division. I saw Berro vs. Warners Bay in the second round of the Solo Cup, and they looked a really good outfit, I have no doubts they would compete at ZL2 level. One of our boys also assures me that Stocko have a good enough squad and would challenge if promoted. Would be interesting to see both move up IMO!

Wilso8948
26-08-2013, 11:46 AM
Yeh well surely bero deserve to go up would be a shame if you get to finish 1st and don't get promoted. I agree with the point that it could be a good thing for a club to come down and get that winning mentality back. Would be awesome if stocko get promoted as well but if we don't then so be it. I for one don't really care just as long as I'm out on the park playing the game I love. In the end that's all that matters doesn't it?

namwob99
26-08-2013, 11:55 AM
Yeh well surely bero deserve to go up would be a shame if you get to finish 1st and don't get promoted. I agree with the point that it could be a good thing for a club to come down and get that winning mentality back. Would be awesome if stocko get promoted as well but if we don't then so be it. I for one don't really care just as long as I'm out on the park playing the game I love. In the end that's all that matters doesn't it?
What about the beers?

Youaskedforit
26-08-2013, 12:02 PM
Big thankyou to Beresfield for drinking all our beer and eating all our food yesterday, actually came and spent money, and lots of it, unlike other teams who have came to finnan, we definitely had no food leftover, Good luck to all teams left in the semis, even Stockton.

Congratulations to Beresfield for winning promotion and the club championship good bunch of blokes.

pv4
26-08-2013, 12:59 PM
Is Stocko & Berro's fields better under weather than Tenambits? I know speaking from a purely biased view that isn't worth anything at all - we had our game rescheduled 2 or 3 times v Tenambit and it is a hassle I'd rather avoid for next season (assuming the comps and teams stay pretty similar). But that means SFA really - if teams were relegated due to the state of their field than Jesmond & Merewether would be in ZL3 (or all age, or disbanded as clubs) next season in my opinion :rof: :gent: :brr:

Other than that, I don't really see the point in relegating a team when you actually want to add numbers into the comp.

Maybe Stocko could follow Belmonts lead from last season and write a novel-length letter to the federation describing how much promotion meant to them - worked for Belmont!

sharky21
26-08-2013, 01:19 PM
That was more the soft nature of the council then the ground not being up to playable conditions. U spit on our ground and council want to shut it for a month.

But anyway enough about next year I say there still finals this year to play and talk about. Not that winning a gf means anything in my opinion. But as I said that's my opinion others Dnt agree with that.
Good luck to all. who knows may be seeing a few of u guys next year.

gny
26-08-2013, 01:50 PM
Stocktons field is outstanding when it comes to water,

Wilso8948
26-08-2013, 01:58 PM
Before stockos ground redevelopment you could have played there after a tsunami. Now it retains a little more water but still hardly gets washed out. Tarro park is pretty good for drainage from what I've seen with only the odd washout.

And namwob we all certainly play for beers. That and the fights on this forum that keep us all interested. I think we've all turned into keyboard warriors at some point this year haha.

IMO grand finals still count for a lot in this country. I would be saying that even if we had of finished first. I understand that football has a large history with finishing first after the regular league but we should also not shy away from our rich heritage of grand finals as well. Will be interesting to see who makes it because as I've said before I do think that stocko and bero are both playing teams who have tested them this year.

russjaybee
26-08-2013, 03:35 PM
Finishing first certainly shows the best team over the season (obviously). However finals football tests teams in a different way, it's less about consistency and depth of squad and more about sheer determination on the day and the quality of your first 11 (or 14).

Saying winning a gf means nothing is a pretty silly statement imo.

Bubbles7
26-08-2013, 03:46 PM
Regardless of promotion decisions etc....congrats to all teams playing semi finals this week there will be some cracking matches no doubt, everyone involved should hold their heads high regardless of ladder position etc.
Massive thanks must go to Bowey and Nealy for getting us up from the ground and building outstanding team morale and a squad that plays some top football, it's a testament to you lads we are in this position.
I won't lie being minor premiers in first feels pretty good and not that it really bothered us but club championship is a nice bonus. Taking nothing away from any other teams fair play to everyone. I personally still think the GF accounts for something. My best memory as a junior was winning a GF and losing 2 in a row was one of the worse. So ill be pretty fired up these semis to try and take it all out.
The banter last night between the select few was a bit silly tbh. Yes we love the shit talk but I think the football should speak for itself. The beloved golden elixir gives some confidence when it comes to button bashing.
If I gotta weigh in on promotion relegation. All I will say is be prepared for some surprises everybody and assuming always makes an ass out of you me.

Wilso8948
26-08-2013, 03:56 PM
Regardless of promotion decisions etc....congrats to all teams playing semi finals this week there will be some cracking matches no doubt, everyone involved should hold their heads high regardless of ladder position etc.
Massive thanks must go to Bowey and Nealy for getting us up from the ground and building outstanding team morale and a squad that plays some top football, it's a testament to you lads we are in this position.
I won't lie being minor premiers in first feels pretty good and not that it really bothered us but club championship is a nice bonus. Taking nothing away from any other teams fair play to everyone. I personally still think the GF accounts for something. My best memory as a junior was winning a GF and losing 2 in a row was one of the worse. So ill be pretty fired up these semis to try and take it all out.
The banter last night between the select few was a bit silly tbh. Yes we love the shit talk but I think the football should speak for itself. The beloved golden elixir gives some confidence when it comes to button bashing.
If I gotta weigh in on promotion relegation. All I will say is be prepared for some surprises everybody and assuming always makes an ass out of you me.
Well said mate

Wilso8948
26-08-2013, 03:58 PM
Finishing first certainly shows the best team over the season (obviously). However finals football tests teams in a different way, it's less about consistency and depth of squad and more about sheer determination on the day and the quality of your first 11 (or 14).

Yeah I agree there. I think first past the post does say you are the best team. But in some ways more then others. Just like the points you make finals football tests teams in a different way and has always had a place and we all have our best memories from when we were kids and I'm sure they all are related to finals football

controlzone
26-08-2013, 04:04 PM

Would also like to apologise for the piss taking and shit stirring that went too far.

Congratulations to all top 4 teams getting both grades into the semi's. Should all b cracking matches!!

Youaskedforit
26-08-2013, 04:10 PM
Would also like to apologise for the piss taking and shit stirring that went too far.

Congratulations to all top 4 teams getting both grades into the semi's. Should all b cracking matches!!

Apologising to a mod ? BANNED:banned2:

BB2300
26-08-2013, 04:10 PM
I'm also sorry for getting a little carried away last night.
It's a big thing to make finals football wether you finish 1st or 4th, so congrats to all.
I only joined this forum to ruffle some feathers and have a laugh which I couldn't have done without the likes of old mate above or namwobb so cheers for that.
See you on the pitch! ;)

sharky21
26-08-2013, 04:26 PM

Sorry I ment in terms being classed as the best team that season or getting promoted because of it,as iv seen been posted at the start of the season on another thread.
Obviously winning a gf does mean
something just not when it comes to the things I mentioned above. once again just my opinion.

russjaybee
26-08-2013, 04:28 PM
Fair enough, I also agree that the GF should not necessarily affect selection of teams to get promoted etc.

Dennis
26-08-2013, 05:26 PM
Lets just brawl on gf day after games are finished :):):):)

Wilso8948
26-08-2013, 06:54 PM
Simbas gotta make the grandy first DENNIISSS

Dennis
26-08-2013, 07:54 PM
They will be versing Stockton in ressies

rolo
26-08-2013, 08:33 PM
Big thankyou to Beresfield for drinking all our beer and eating all our food yesterday, actually came and spent money, and lots of it, unlike other teams who have came to finnan, we definitely had no food leftover, Good luck to all teams left in the semis, even Stockton.

Congratulations to Beresfield for winning promotion and the club championship good bunch of blokes.

Even Stockton?

hawk
26-08-2013, 08:37 PM
Sorry I ment in terms being classed as the best team that season or getting promoted because of it,as iv seen been posted at the start of the season on another thread. Obviously winning a gf does mean something just not when it comes to the things I mentioned above. once again just my opinion.

Dont forget the best teams play in the finals. i'd like to say there's merit in finishing first but its nothing compared to taking the big one, even from 4th.

Wilso8948
26-08-2013, 08:38 PM
Even Stockton?

Wonder how many of the 7 players and zero support "actually came and spent money" on our old boys day

ManUTDSupporter
26-08-2013, 09:29 PM
Rofl, Do the other threads get this funny?
My opinion: Stockton and Bero should go up, Tenambit should request ZL3 for a fresh start.
Lochinvar I believe could turn in to another trono. But I hope they can get numbers, as another Maitland team is needed!

sutho
26-08-2013, 09:30 PM
It's good to see teams spend money at Finnan. It's a shame you criticized teams for not financing you guys enough. Very sporting of you to offer good luck to Stocko ( if nothing else).

namwob99
27-08-2013, 08:54 AM
Sportingpulse saying semis are 1v2 and 3v4 all on Sunday. Seems strange. Zone leagues 1,2 and 3 are the same format. Anyone confirm?

sharky21
27-08-2013, 09:23 AM
Sportingpulse saying semis are 1v2 and 3v4 all on Sunday. Seems strange. Zone leagues 1,2 and 3 are the same format. Anyone confirm?
I think that's a better system anyway.

namwob99
27-08-2013, 09:29 AM
I think that's a better system anyway.

Would be if ya 2 teams played at the same ground. Lol

sharky21
27-08-2013, 09:31 AM
Would be if ya 2 teams played at the same ground. Lol
That always helps. or at least major semi one day minor the next.

Wilso8948
27-08-2013, 09:38 AM
At least then there'd be some incentive of finishing 1st and 2nd. If it were home and away semis there's no real difference between finishing 1st or 4th

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
27-08-2013, 11:27 AM
Lads - please disregard sporting pulse with the major/minor semi final scenario. The semi final format is 1 v 4 and 2 v 3 as per the Excel file of the draw all clubs previously received. The website has made a mistake as automatically reverts to past finals formats. Russell Henry is doing his best to have this rectified. Cheers.

Wilso8948
27-08-2013, 02:22 PM
Thanks for clearing it up bud

Dennis
28-08-2013, 08:17 PM
Is the grandfinal a Saturday or a Sunday planning my Jamaican party

FiftyEight
28-08-2013, 09:41 PM
Is the grandfinal a Saturday or a Sunday planning my Jamaican party
It's a Saturday marn........Cool Runnings!!

Bubbles7
28-08-2013, 10:38 PM
You wanna kiss my lucky egg?

Soup
29-08-2013, 02:00 PM
Sanka ... You dead ?

BB2300
29-08-2013, 02:50 PM
Ya maan!

outsider
29-08-2013, 04:47 PM
Would someone remind Cooks Hill to wear their away strip in Reggies on Saturday as Simba are the home team

Dennis
29-08-2013, 10:47 PM
Cookshill we will smash you go go go simba!!

boz-monaut
29-08-2013, 11:44 PM
Would someone remind Cooks Hill to wear their away strip in Reggies on Saturday as Simba are the home teamyes we know this

WWMTD?
30-08-2013, 07:56 AM

Guess that will depend on which simba turns up, the registered team or the superstar ring ins.

hawk
30-08-2013, 02:20 PM
Guess that will depend on which simba turns up, the registered team or the superstar ring ins.

lol, and the name dennis lolol

Retro Jet
30-08-2013, 02:47 PM

lol, and the name dennis lolol

Shame the ID card system was punted into touch then....

pv4
30-08-2013, 02:52 PM
Shame the ID card system was punted into touch then....

Speaking of which, I really don't like the "new" system where we have to sign on. Why, exactly, was it brought in? I struggle to get my signature to look the same with an hour in between attempts, let alone every week :rof: and just the hassle to chase down players before the game to sign on is a headache enough at times.

So many times over the years (in juniors and seniors) I've overheard people, from my team or from another, say "my signature looks nothing like his/hers!"

So they don't do the thing where ID cards need to be taken everywhere you go now, and if a player is thought to be ineligible you can just check on the spot? Is that why the signing on was brought in?

q-money
30-08-2013, 03:18 PM
simba :cool:

shark attack
30-08-2013, 04:14 PM
Speaking of which, I really don't like the "new" system where we have to sign on. Why, exactly, was it brought in? I struggle to get my signature to look the same with an hour in between attempts, let alone every week :rof: and just the hassle to chase down players before the game to sign on is a headache enough at times.

So many times over the years (in juniors and seniors) I've overheard people, from my team or from another, say "my signature looks nothing like his/hers!"

So they don't do the thing where ID cards need to be taken everywhere you go now, and if a player is thought to be ineligible you can just check on the spot? Is that why the signing on was brought in?

hi guys i still think the best way to sign on before a game is photo id with your signature , if you leave you photo id at home on the weekends then you cant play silmple. something like a drivers licence would be the go , i also have heard , not naming the side that they were disquallified earlier in the year for same shit they did last year , how many times can a side , club what ever you call them can get away with it so many times , it is obvious the dont care , lets hope it all goes right for the finals.

pv4
30-08-2013, 04:56 PM
Most people have smartphones nowadays, this stuff should be available online to refs/officials/club people/etc IMO

q-money
30-08-2013, 05:07 PM
the last page of this thread :rof:

seldom
30-08-2013, 10:53 PM

fvckn lol

Retro Jet
31-08-2013, 12:43 AM

fvckn lol

Which begs the question in the first place...if they're that good, why not just sign them up?

AVB
31-08-2013, 12:58 AM
Which begs the question in the first place...if they're that good, why not just sign them up?

Well last year it was all their mates whos teams had already been knocked out of NBN and NewFm

shark attack
31-08-2013, 02:22 AM

hey dennis you moran , how about you make sure that you grounds are marked the nets are up and everthing else that needs to be done for game day you peanut , last year you spastics you had nothing ready therefor we had to move to uni. remember dingbat it is sunday , see you there maan.

Dennis
31-08-2013, 11:28 AM
Shark attack I will make sure your tyres get stolen of your red ute and fly kick you into the nets

BB2300
31-08-2013, 11:53 AM
Haha Dennis this is the best post of the season

BB2300
31-08-2013, 06:06 PM
That was a painfull 2 hours. I have no idea how cooks hill grabbed a draw there. They must have been trying a tactic of not shooting!
Berro were not great at all. Unusual!

FiftyEight
31-08-2013, 06:38 PM
That was a painfull 2 hours. I have no idea how cooks hill grabbed a draw there. They must have been trying a tactic of not shooting!
Agreed

front2
31-08-2013, 07:05 PM
Most of the shots from Berro sailed into the next post-code. Both teams defended well.

Bubbles7
31-08-2013, 08:08 PM
I'm way to shagged for a nil all draw. Bring on next week already!

WWMTD?
01-09-2013, 03:35 PM
Shark attack I will make sure your tyres get stolen of your red ute and fly kick you into the nets

Make sure you put the stolen tyres wherever you put the refs wallet and phone from yesterday

WWMTD?
01-09-2013, 03:48 PM

You were just upset no one offered you a beer in the stands! Was a good defensive game, bero had more chances though as you would expect from the best team in the comp. Bero at home will be hard but at least we are pushing them and making a contest out of it.

Buddha
01-09-2013, 06:25 PM
Reserve Grade : Bero 4 Stockton 1, bero the much better team today, huge ask to get a win from here, but stranger things have happened

Firsts: simba 2 Stockton 0, simba too strong and wanted the ball more, played well even though they were down to 10 men after about 30, Stocko down to 10 men not long after half time to a straight red

Bad day at the office for both teams but full credit to Bero and Simba, wanted it more and got it

PS Super Finish from Stocko reserve grade if I do say so, goalkeeper probably still hasn't seen it, means little at this point in time bit

russjaybee
01-09-2013, 06:59 PM
:popcorn:

Dennis
01-09-2013, 07:32 PM
Shit day for Stockton

Wilso8948
01-09-2013, 07:52 PM
Reserve Grade : Bero 4 Stockton 1, bero the much better team today, huge ask to get a win from here, but stranger things have happened

Firsts: simba 2 Stockton 0, simba too strong and wanted the ball more, played well even though they were down to 10 men after about 30, Stocko down to 10 men not long after half time to a straight red

Bad day at the office for both teams but full credit to Bero and Simba, wanted it more and got it

PS Super Finish from Stocko reserve grade if I do say so, goalkeeper probably still hasn't seen it, means little at this point in time bit

Give yaself a wrap. Tough field to play football on. Game was in the balance then some silly decision making from stocko lead to a quality finish from a good striker. Once again is a shame that we get too far ahead of ourselves before the finals even start. Got no one to blame but ourselves. If we keep a clean sheet next week though I can confidently say we will score plenty of goals.

On a positive note. Referee was outstanding. Both send offs were clear and had the balls to treat them on its merit. Almost all calls were correct and well explained.
Hope more ZL3 games get him in the centre

Bubbles7
01-09-2013, 08:05 PM
Give yaself a wrap. Tough field to play football on. Game was in the balance then some silly decision making from stocko lead to a quality finish from a good striker. Once again is a shame that we get too far ahead of ourselves before the finals even start. Got no one to blame but ourselves. If we keep a clean sheet next week though I can confidently say we will score plenty of goals.

On a positive note. Referee was outstanding. Both send offs were clear and had the balls to treat them on its merit. Almost all calls were correct and well explained.
Hope more ZL3 games get him in the centre
Agreed on the ref there mate great to see a ref control a game from the outset. That's how it should be. Those tackles were honkin!. 2 moments of madness will cost those blokes there season.

namwob99
01-09-2013, 08:35 PM
Week 1

1v4
Res: Simba V Cooks Hill 1-0
1sts: Cooks Hill V Bero 0-0

2v3
Res: Bero V Stocko 4-1
1sts: Simba V Stocko 2-0

Couple of good days for the Simba boys.

boz-monaut
01-09-2013, 08:49 PM
must be some exhausted Simba lads after playing in two big games over the weekend

Wilso8948
01-09-2013, 09:19 PM
Agreed on the ref there mate great to see a ref control a game from the outset. That's how it should be. Those tackles were honkin!. 2 moments of madness will cost those blokes there season.

Totally agree. I honestly don't understand why there aren't more refs like this about.

And there must be some exhausted simba/broady/hamo/whoknowswhere blokes around :) haha na there are some great players there. I might get slaughtered for this comment but I'm honestly quite sick of people thinking that there is only two teams in this comp. this weekend has clearly shown anyone can win it. Ill be the first to say that we have been very guilty of this

BB2300
01-09-2013, 09:21 PM
We had our chances!
Simba took theirs and walk away with the upper hand.
Thanks to ash for the very sore foot! Shit tackle deserved a red. In saying that our red was much worse.
That was a tough day at the office. I was always worried about simba. Never know what team your going to get.
Full credit to them.

Neally
09-09-2013, 08:48 AM
From the finals this week:
Sat
Stockton 2 - Beresfield 2 (Bero 6-3 agg)
Stockton 3 - Simba 2 ? (Simba 4-3 agg)

Sun
Cooks hill 1 - Simba 1 (Simba 2-1 agg)
Beresfield 3 - cooks hill 1 (Beresfield 3-1 agg)

This makes the grand finals an all Bero v Simba affair should be a very interesting day at cooks square next Saturday.

Would just like to congratulate all teams that made the finals this year, was able to watch all finals games and most were played in good spirit and were good hard matches. Most importantly, I would also like to congratulate my boys on their efforts throughout the year and the results have shown with both firsts and reserve grade through to the big one!
It has really shown that anything can happen in the finals with reserve grade being fought between 3rd and 4th, whilst first grade is 1st v 3rd.

Wilso8948
09-09-2013, 11:43 AM
Well done boys. Good luck next week! Good that we got a win in the end but did feel bitter sweet after not making the big one. Was a decent crowd too so thanks to all for showing up

Bubbles7
09-09-2013, 01:27 PM
Anyone else having probs getting this thing working properly on smartphone? It's doing my head in!

Bubbles7
09-09-2013, 01:33 PM
Well done boys. Good luck next week! Good that we got a win in the end but did feel bitter sweet after not making the big one. Was a decent crowd too so thanks to all for showing up
Thanks mate. You guys gonna be there? Enjoyed your game on the weekend. If I can say anything at all about your game. from the sideline without naming names but it looked as if there were a couple of your players that weren't hungry enough. Maybe that was the difference?

Wilso8948
09-09-2013, 05:21 PM
Yep my iPhones stuffing up too. Yeh ill see if I get there. More so looking forward to a weekend off for the first time in a while its a really long season when u count in training and pre season. I do believe some may havent have been hungry enough but probably more so lacking belief then anything else. It's hard to play attacking football knowing u can't leak any goals. Simba are a big game team, they get up for big game they might struggle to find consistency during the season but then when they want to they turn up and always play out of their skin. Bero/stocko/simba play a very similar style so it'll make for a real interesting final. I hope at least two of us get promoted next season cause wed all find ourselves in the top half of the ZL2 ladder in my opinion

Bubbles7
09-09-2013, 08:44 PM
Yep my iPhones stuffing up too. Yeh ill see if I get there. More so looking forward to a weekend off for the first time in a while its a really long season when u count in training and pre season. I do believe some may havent have been hungry enough but probably more so lacking belief then anything else. It's hard to play attacking football knowing u can't leak any goals. Simba are a big game team, they get up for big game they might struggle to find consistency during the season but then when they want to they turn up and always play out of their skin. Bero/stocko/simba play a very similar style so it'll make for a real interesting final. I hope at least two of us get promoted next season cause wed all find ourselves in the top half of the ZL2 ladder in my opinion

I found by going on full site then logging in you can navigate on this thread ok. I'm not sure what they'll do with promotion but agree in saying both teams would be top half of zl2. The last 2 games against Simba for us away were super tough and yea they got up for a big game in more ways than one. They seem to just play football with refs though than carrying on with the other shit. Gonna be 2 tough games this weekend for sure. As they say the team/s that turn up on the day wins. Keen as!

Wilso8948
09-09-2013, 11:23 PM
Yeh good luck man. By the looks of the FB banter I'd be a little worried about some boys getting sidetracked haha. This whole rivalry shits been blown out of proportion. **** me there's been some shit talked from both sides it's getting pretty embarrassing to say the least. anyone would think we are in state league or some shit. The real question is how many simba fellas will be playing in two grand finals this weekend ;)

Bubbles7
10-09-2013, 10:19 AM
Yeh good luck man. By the looks of the FB banter I'd be a little worried about some boys getting sidetracked haha. This whole rivalry shits been blown out of proportion. **** me there's been some shit talked from both sides it's getting pretty embarrassing to say the least. anyone would think we are in state league or some shit. The real question is how many simba fellas will be playing in two grand finals this weekend ;)

Yea I must admit I couldn't help myself this morning. It has been bad at times this season but I suppose a bit of rivalry is healthy for the comp....but yea there's some dribble. Well they had one bloke that started both games on the weekend but they got pulled up for it and was subbed off as soon as they got clarification. Plus we are fairly confident we know their faces now. Surely they wouldn't do it 2 years in a row? Just gotta stop winstons bikies. Far out that was pretty to watch on Saturday. Even if I was on your side I would of clapped that....

gny
11-09-2013, 11:35 AM
The zpl2 comp was rubbish this season, I didn't play in it we got promotion from it last season but 5th and 6th from last season finish 1st and 2nd and the standard of play between the better teams was still very poor, I got no doubt bero stocko would have no problems in zpl2

pv4
11-09-2013, 12:09 PM
The zpl2 comp was rubbish this season, I didn't play in it we got promotion from it last season but 5th and 6th from last season finish 1st and 2nd and the standard of play between the better teams was still very poor, I got no doubt bero stocko would have no problems in zpl2

Rubbish is probably a harsh way to put it.

Apart from Jesmond, who from reports (from Jesmond) only had one major injury the entire season which was towards the back half of the year in their sweeper - basically every team was decimated by injuries & holidays for large parts of the season.

Whether or not that same trend continues next season, I don't know. But as alluded to by many people/teams in ZL2.. the likes of Olympic, Uni & Westlakes would have been a much bigger threat to the overall season finishing if they had been able to have the majority of their squad fit & available for a longer amount of the season.

I can't comment on Berro/Stocko as TBH I didn't get to see either team even once this season (I wasn't there for the State Cup v Stocko either) - but all I'll say is ZL2 is a pretty decent competition for ID level, with the entire top 6 having a right to semis football at one time or another (I picked Olympic to win it, and I THINK they came 6th!). It very roughly sounds like there were 2-3 standouts in ZL3 with a bunch of "poor" teams this season - expect ZL2 to be more of a grind against a more evenly weighted competition if your team is coming up (there really was only one team standout as "poor" in ZL2 this year). But note: I didn't get to watch any ZL3 this year, so take my comments about ZL3 as just an innocent neutral perspective on things based purely on heresay.

Bubbles7
13-09-2013, 02:02 PM
One more sleep!

controlzone
14-09-2013, 11:07 AM
one more sleep!

Game day!!!!

WWMTD?
14-09-2013, 12:30 PM
Tipping bero both grades today, with simba not able to have players start in both grades I think they will struggle in ressies. Good luck to all!

hawk
14-09-2013, 08:42 PM
scores?

namwob99
14-09-2013, 08:49 PM
1 apeice. Simba with ressies. 2-2 won bout 7-6 on pens. Bero with the main game 8-7 on pens after a 0-0. Top day. So tense.

Bubbles7
14-09-2013, 08:55 PM
scores?

2-2 res f/t straight to pens Simba won 7-6 I think
0-0 firsts f/t went to pens bero won 8-7
Both really tough games played in good spirit reasonably well reffed and despite not winning both grades a brilliant first season in zl3 and to take out all the spoils in firsts is a fantastic achievement and hats off to all involved HAIL HAIL!

hawk
14-09-2013, 09:12 PM
well done, a party for each club. bero goes up i guess.

northern_swan
14-09-2013, 09:17 PM
How did Stockton go? I'm not familiar with this league, but I'm told by a workmate that Stocko are the Bomb?

WWMTD?
15-09-2013, 08:34 AM
How did Stockton go? I'm not familiar with this league, but I'm told by a workmate that Stocko are the Bomb?

Haha this is good.

controlzone
15-09-2013, 06:37 PM

Ahhhhhhhhhh.........😝😜😃😝😝

ManUTDSupporter
15-09-2013, 10:52 PM
Congrats to both Bero and Simba, sounds like it was a top day. Great first year for Bero.
Either team deserve the victory, in firsts, in normal time?
I announced my "Retirement" from the Dungog to the president the other night, due to a new family addition soon. Closer to Maitland next year is much needed.
When do they normally announce new teams for next year, promotions etc? cant quite remember.

namwob99
16-09-2013, 08:34 AM
Was pretty tight. We hit the cross bar from 30 and had a few other chances. Simba had a few where they couldn't get their shot away. My memory is a little hazy.

keeper20
16-09-2013, 11:13 AM
thanks manu!!was a great feeling when they said premiers grand final winners and then club championship!alot of hard work was done!! many thanks to neally and bowman they derserve alot of credit i know all the bero boys are thankful!

bero reserves bit unlucky 10 on the field due to the bero captian having some blood on his leg when simba scored to make it 2-2 with about 5-10mins to then to pens!

1st grade i cant really recall to many shots being had some great last ditch tackles by both teams though!!simba keeper tipped a shot onto the bar at the end of extra time!!!

now onto something else the ref gave bero a freekick just outside the 18 right on half time,while simba organising there wall he blew for half time cant say us bero boys were to pleased but then again at the end of normal time simba crossed it into the box for him to blow the whistle to end normal time!!cant say in all my time playing i have seen a ref do this!

Wilso8948
16-09-2013, 11:51 AM
Well done boys!

cobra23
17-09-2013, 11:05 AM
thanks manu!!was a great feeling when they said premiers grand final winners and then club championship!alot of hard work was done!! many thanks to neally and bowman they derserve alot of credit i know all the bero boys are thankful!

bero reserves bit unlucky 10 on the field due to the bero captian having some blood on his leg when simba scored to make it 2-2 with about 5-10mins to then to pens!

1st grade i cant really recall to many shots being had some great last ditch tackles by both teams though!!simba keeper tipped a shot onto the bar at the end of extra time!!!

now onto something else the ref gave bero a freekick just outside the 18 right on half time,while simba organising there wall he blew for half time cant say us bero boys were to pleased but then again at the end of normal time simba crossed it into the box for him to blow the whistle to end normal time!!cant say in all my time playing i have seen a ref do this!

do you guys have injury time? if not then the ref needs to blow the whistle as soon as he hears his watch regardless of where the ball is.
if you do play injury time, the ref should use common sense and wait to the ball is cleared out of attacking opportunitys.

namwob99
18-09-2013, 01:34 PM
http://www.maitlandmercury.com.au/story/1782828/galleryshootout-success-for-beresfield/?cs=172

Not a bad write up in the local rag.

demon
18-09-2013, 02:02 PM
http://www.maitlandmercury.com.au/story/1782828/galleryshootout-success-for-beresfield/?cs=172

Not a bad write up in the local rag.

Great to see any coverage but that is top shelf, fat better than the brief coverage many higher leagues can only hope to receive even in local papers

anfield
24-09-2013, 01:51 PM
Just confirming rumours, That Dudley Redhead will enter a team in the ID3 competition for the 2014 season. The team will play under the Dudley Redhead United banner ( previously known as the Dudley Redhead Junior Soccer Club).

Organisers approached both the Senior club and United club for interest. The Senior Club currently play in the Zone Premier League, They had Interest from the majority of board members. But one or two on board had unrealistic expectations which made the decision easy. The United club were extreamly positive and this will be seen as a setup which will be around for many years.

The squad will play all home games at the Liles Oval complex at Redhead. At the moment we are looking to play most games on saturdays, But we will wait for the draft draw to come out before making definate decisions. Our application has already been sent into the association, so we are getting ready to go.

So far we are well advanced in filling the required numbers for the squad. Which is great considering we havnt actively searched for players in any great way. Squad will be a mixture of ability and ages. We have watched a little bit of ID3s from this season, We dont expect to be a front runner at all. But we hope that we will be competitive. If we can be in contention for a semi spot in any grade we will be happy. Teams like Stockton, Simba and Cooks Hill may be beyond our squad. But if we can take points and match the rest then we will be happy.

Reading this forum over the last few months has given us a taste of what to expect and given us some tips on how to run the squad
Bring on season 2014

anfield
08-10-2013, 01:25 PM
I know a guy involved in RAAF soccer club. They are currently trying to get numbers together to join id3s next year.

anfield
08-10-2013, 01:40 PM
If the rumours of wallsend or bellbird are correct, one of which along with dudley and raaf could lead to a 10 team comp.

pv4
08-10-2013, 01:42 PM
If the rumours of wallsend or bellbird are correct, one of which along with dudley and raaf could lead to a 10 team comp.

Bellbird probably won't be ready for next year from what I've been told

ManUTDSupporter
12-10-2013, 08:45 PM
I know a guy involved in RAAF soccer club. They are currently trying to get numbers together to join id3s next year.

'Trying' to get numbers? so can they expect another Toronto next year?
When do they announce who is going up and staying?

boz-monaut
12-10-2013, 08:49 PM
nomination forms for Zone Football Leagues had to be in by yesterday

so it shouldn't be too long, but that may change like it did at the start of this year with clubs dropping out

anfield
13-10-2013, 08:46 AM
RAAF is in, so im told. RAAF is a bit more complicated then other teams as every year they have players leave and arrive at base. Bit unfair at this stage to compare them with other teams. Hopefully they ,along with toronto should be sweet.

pv4
14-10-2013, 11:06 AM
RAAF is in, so im told. RAAF is a bit more complicated then other teams as every year they have players leave and arrive at base. Bit unfair at this stage to compare them with other teams. Hopefully they ,along with toronto should be sweet.

To be fair, people come & go from neighbourhoods/teams each year also. But I get what you're saying. Hopefully RAAF are competitive and have a bit of fun!

Will the RAAF teams be made up solely from people involved in the RAAF, or will they take friends-of-friends who aren't enlisted also?

boz-monaut
14-10-2013, 02:54 PM
an email went out to all zone clubs about the meeting on Wednesday - RAAF were not on email recipients

anfield
14-10-2013, 03:12 PM
RAAF made up mostly of guys from base, a couple of guys that play arnt current members of force so im aware of. Defineatly in, dusty home ground. We have played trials against them over the past 3 years, good bunch of blokes never any issues.

ManUTDSupporter
22-11-2013, 08:55 PM
So Teams are definitely set for 2014:
Mayfield
Dungog
Tenambit
Simba
Cooks Hill
Raaf
Dudley
Toronto
Kurri Kurri

???

anfield
23-11-2013, 05:43 PM
9 team comp. Would have been good to have a 10th team. You would think clubs with plenty of alll age teams would have a crack at id's. Clubs like Cardiff juniors, hamilton azzurri and argenton to name a few.

boz-monaut
23-11-2013, 06:00 PM
agree with anfield

also, i'll post the 2014 draw up here once I get a functional home computer

anfield
24-11-2013, 07:01 PM
Also as discussed at zone league meeting last month. It would be good if zone league games got priority over all age games in regards to referees. Next year will be our first in id3's, we wanted to give our players the experience of playing senior football in a squad. There is some good referees that referee all age. I would be good to see them referee both. Why not program an all age game before id2 & id3 games where possible. 3 officials could then cover those games, therefore covering both competitions.

Thomas477
24-11-2013, 08:37 PM
Also as discussed at zone league meeting last month. It would be good if zone league games got priority over all age games in regards to referees. Next year will be our first in id3's, we wanted to give our players the experience of playing senior football in a squad. There is some good referees that referee all age. I would be good to see them referee both. Why not program an all age game before id2 & id3 games where possible. 3 officials could then cover those games, therefore covering both competitions.

Wrt the refs, I may be wrong, but I believe that they don't like having Level 4 referees ref ZLs, which the majority of refs in all age are. I believe they require level 3 as a minimum, of which there isn't as many of.

Buddha
24-11-2013, 10:51 PM
To be fair, people come & go from neighbourhoods/teams each year also. But I get what you're saying. Hopefully RAAF are competitive and have a bit of fun!

Will the RAAF teams be made up solely from people involved in the RAAF, or will they take friends-of-friends who aren't enlisted also?
Decent team, will surprise

anfield
25-11-2013, 09:33 AM
Probably on the money if the refs regarding levels. But at the end of the day, if you are good enough at all age you can ref id's. All still senior football

anfield
25-11-2013, 09:35 AM
On the money With the refs that is. Not if.

outsider
25-11-2013, 01:10 PM

Only problem is that All age referees belong to the Junior referees branches and most ID referees are Senior association referees-the junior branch are required to referee the all aged game they are appointed to and can assist at senior level if available on the other day and appointed by their branch.You will probably find that the extra competitions at federation level(under 12 upwards)will require more junior appointments which could make it more difficult to find enough available officials.Ideally we could go back to the situation where all clubs had to have trained people available to run lines which would alleviate the situation.One scenario would be for both clubs to supply an assistant referee to run all games which would then allow better coverage by the referees branches.

curious_fan
25-11-2013, 07:20 PM
Ideally we could go back to the situation where all clubs had to have trained people available to run lines which would alleviate the situation.One scenario would be for both clubs to supply an assistant referee to run all games which would then allow better coverage by the referees branches.

Very good point!!! Why the REFEREES chose to stop running the club referee courses is still beyond me.

Alan Nesbitt at the NewFm meeting recently said that over 100 referees had been lost over recent years and a high percentage were approaching an age where they will request less games/retire shortly. So NBN and NewFM were put on notice and for increased penalties for abuse of officials.

WA Football have a fantastic online course to renew knowledge of basic refereeing, if all clubs had half a dozen guys willing to do the course and of course everyone playing willing to accept mistakes get made and no ones life revolves around any decision or game club linesman could be a great move to address some of the shortages.

outsider
25-11-2013, 09:45 PM
Very good point!!! Why the REFEREES chose to stop running the club referee courses is still beyond me.

Alan Nesbitt at the NewFm meeting recently said that over 100 referees had been lost over recent years and a high percentage were approaching an age where they will request less games/retire shortly. So NBN and NewFM were put on notice and for increased penalties for abuse of officials.

WA Football have a fantastic online course to renew knowledge of basic refereeing, if all clubs had half a dozen guys willing to do the course and of course everyone playing willing to accept mistakes get made and no ones life revolves around any decision or game club linesman could be a great move to address some of the shortages.

I think you will find that very few clubs were making people available to do the course.If you go onto the Northern NSW Fed web site you are able to do an initial course and get a certificate that will let you qualify for a level 4 course.The course is the one provided by WA football and is a very good way to start.There may be changes following the recent review and hopefully courses for club officials will be part of that.Unfortunately it is very hard to get clubbies to make themselves available for all games as some play and many just lose interest or take things personally if they are overuled by the referee.

goaliepersempre
26-11-2013, 02:26 AM
On the Referees Thing, Here in switzerland a Club must provide a number of Referees (not to ref own games but in the area, if they dont have anyone they get fined etc)

anfield
03-12-2013, 01:53 PM
Referee numbers have become an issue for a couple of reasons. One reason is the amount of football being played. Football participation numbers are only going up which is great for the game. The only problem with this is that there are more games for referees to cover.
Another reason is the amount of abuse referees cop not only from players, but spectators ( especially the idiots that come down and get
Trashed.mainly in groups. There seams to be one set at every second ground.)
The quicker the game gets rid of the serial verbal offenders the better. Im talking about the top end idiots that intimiate referees and wont stop, not the guys that just have a little banter.Which will only help referees.

She Devil
16-12-2013, 03:19 PM
TAJFC would like to invite any new and existing players interested in playing for Toronto Awaba Jnr FC in ID3 for the 2014 season to contact the Secretary Rachel Sager on details below alternatively can email in regards to the upcoming season.

Pre season training will begin in January at Finnan Oval

Contact Rachel Sager on 0499153918 if you would like more information.