Toronto Awaba
Stockton
Dungog
Simba
Kurri
Cooks Hill
Mayfield
Beresfield

I wouldn't be placing any wagers on Beresfield jnr finishing anywhere near the bottom of the table... in my opinion they are a huge possibility of a top four finish.

shark attack
15-11-2012, 01:02 PM
tough call for next year with new teams coming in to comp

stockton , have aquired many new players for next year form zpl , new fm and nbn.
zimba , look like having aquired a few good players
cooks hill , were there abouts last year , 1 season under the belt gould be the difference
the rest will be fighting for 4th spot , i hear toronto look strong ???? , dungog also have picked up some new blood but away travels may bring them undone.
you new guys to this comp dont think it will be a walk in , there are some good teams that in this comp that could be playing in zl1 or higher but you have to start somewere.

Youaskedforit
15-11-2012, 01:16 PM
tough call for next year with new teams coming in to comp

stockton , have aquired many new players for next year form zpl , new fm and nbn.
zimba , look like having aquired a few good players
cooks hill , were there abouts last year , 1 season under the belt gould be the difference
the rest will be fighting for 4th spot , i hear toronto look strong ???? , dungog also have picked up some new blood but away travels may bring them undone.
you new guys to this comp dont think it will be a walk in , there are some good teams that in this comp that could be playing in zl1 or higher but you have to start somewere.

Thought i would get some talk going in here.

Good to hear, all teams sound like they will be strong .......

Toronto has NBN, Newfm and ZPL experience with good young blokes around them, so maybe year two will be there best year, cant wait for season to start.

No disrespect to bero mate, just dont know anything about them, im sure theyll be fighting for top four

Youaskedforit
15-11-2012, 01:17 PM
I hear a kid named bashiri and one called ba maybe heading to simba, very good young players.

supa
15-11-2012, 01:54 PM
Thought i would get some talk going in here.

Good to hear, all teams sound like they will be strong .......

Toronto has NBN, Newfm and ZPL experience with good young blokes around them, so maybe year two will be there best year, cant wait for season to start.

No disrespect to bero mate, just dont know anything about them, im sure theyll be fighting for top four

definitely didn't think u were mate, i've actually got nothing to do with that particular club, just know the players they have on their roster and am predicting they will do very well. can't wait for 2013! from what i've read recently ZL3 will be a great comp next year.

Grunta
17-11-2012, 08:10 AM
definitely didn't think u were mate, i've actually got nothing to do with that particular club, just know the players they have on their roster and am predicting they will do very well. can't wait for 2013! from what i've read recently ZL3 will be a great comp next year.

My understanding is that a number of the Bero players were playing ZPL 1 last season, so they should go well.

Youaskedforit
19-11-2012, 11:44 AM
My understanding is that a number of the Bero players were playing ZPL 1 last season, so they should go well.

Dont beresfield already have a ZL1 side ?

namwob99
19-11-2012, 03:46 PM
Beresfield United play in 1's and Beresfield Football Club play in 3's. Seniors and Juniors simply put.

ManUTDSupporter
07-12-2012, 10:06 PM
lots of Dungog players from outside Dungog with a lot of young, very talented young players from dungog added in to the frame.
Numerous trials, early pre season training, enough players for 3-4 teams, new sponsors, new personal jerseys, new players, new youth and the Dungog fighting spirit shown late last year, I think we will be competitive.
Also great to have more teams in the competition this year!

demon
10-12-2012, 09:41 AM
At one stage there was a hope Wallsend would have joined in also with both a ZL1 and ZL3, the ZL3 being for older players within the club and the younger youth to come thru but that seems to have been ended by all accounts as it was seen by some as splitting the current ZL1 club.

Pity, because any club in ZL1 that eventually moves up to ZPL then has to field U23's which means in most cases an entire 3rd grade side suddenly has no club. And lets be honest in many cases its that side that help set the field up, hang around and spend money on feed and a drink while the later games are on and turn out at fund raisers etc.

I think what Bero have done is a good, perhaps in less than perfect circumstances from the stories that went around ZL1, but in the end guys are playing local football and that is what matters.

Youaskedforit
12-12-2012, 12:36 PM
MIKHAIL DEBASTOS MEMORIAL SHIELD

Morisset FC ( ZL1 ) V Toronto Awaba FC ( ZL3 )

Dora Creek Oval ....... 7th April 2013

3 games 11am , 1pm and 3pm

It is a great honour to be invited to play annually for the " Mikhail Debastos memorial Shield " in honour of the young under 19 player taken tragically may 29 2011 in a MVA.

These two clubs will meet annually, on the back of Toronto Awaba playing Westlakes for the John Beguin Cup in the same system....... great stuff

supa
15-12-2012, 06:57 PM
I think what Bero have done is a good, perhaps in less than perfect circumstances from the stories that went around ZL1, but in the end guys are playing local football and that is what matters.

not entirely sure about the less than perfect circumstances...as far as I'm aware the bero junior side was formed by a group of mates that wanted to enjoy their football at their local club and the club was happy to accommodate their needs.

namwob99
15-12-2012, 10:00 PM

Bloody white ants!!

demon
17-12-2012, 10:03 AM
not entirely sure about the less than perfect circumstances...as far as I'm aware the bero junior side was formed by a group of mates that wanted to enjoy their football at their local club and the club was happy to accommodate their needs.

Then thats great, around the league towards the end of the season it was being said it was less than mutual, which as an outsider to the club seemed a little sad at the time. As I said, if its guys playing being able to continue to have a kick with mates then I think its a great outcome. For them and the juniors.

supa
17-12-2012, 10:21 AM
Then thats great, around the league towards the end of the season it was being said it was less than mutual, which as an outsider to the club seemed a little sad at the time. As I said, if its guys playing being able to continue to have a kick with mates then I think its a great outcome. For them and the juniors. fair enough then, as with most player moves in local football it's often not mutual/one party feels they were hard done by, all deoends on who's perspective you get i giess. I'm of the same opinion that it's a great thing that there is another zone league club in bero and a great opportunity to build some friendly rivalries between the clubs in the area when/if they ever get the opportunity to play each other.

namwob99
17-12-2012, 12:31 PM
http://www.newcastlefootball.net/forum/showthread.php?11-2012-Zone-League-1-Thread/page7

Maybe this will go someway to explaining...

supa
17-12-2012, 01:28 PM
Bloody white ants!!

new mascot for the new side? haha

http://www.newcastlefootball.net/forum/showthread.php?11-2012-Zone-League-1-Thread/page7

Maybe this will go someway to explaining...

wow...

Premy
18-12-2012, 07:08 AM
Think you'll find the sharks are tanambit namwob99

namwob99
18-12-2012, 10:45 AM
Think you'll find the sharks are tanambit namwob99

Lol yeah mate I played the last 5 years at Tenambit!!

RedMexican
18-12-2012, 08:03 PM
Beresfield United play in 1's and Beresfield Football Club play in 3's. Seniors and Juniors simply put.

i used to play juniors at bero for 7 years, since when did they move upto zl3 ?

namwob99
19-12-2012, 09:28 AM
i used to play juniors at bero for 7 years, since when did they move upto zl3 ?
First season will be 2013.

delo
08-01-2013, 01:50 PM
hello all
i reckon mayfield may sneek under everyones radar in 2013
they improved last year playing some good football in most of their games but no cigar
the coaching staff were able to get something extra out of the younger players and, sprinkled with last year's experienced players along with some good signings may surprise...

demon
08-01-2013, 04:09 PM
hello all
i reckon mayfield may sneek under everyones radar in 2013
they improved last year playing some good football in most of their games but no cigar
the coaching staff were able to get something extra out of the younger players and, sprinkled with last year's experienced players along with some good signings may surprise...

Is there any close ties between the ZPL and ID3 sides in the club or do oyu guys each pretty much go your own seperate ways? It seems we have so few clubs willing to operate 2 senior divisions and actually work togther at all.

delo
09-01-2013, 12:33 PM
Is there any close ties between the ZPL and ID3 sides in the club or do oyu guys each pretty much go your own seperate ways? It seems we have so few clubs willing to operate 2 senior divisions and actually work togther at all.

no real connection at all
we know of each other but thats about it

delo

Buddha
16-01-2013, 10:21 PM
Stockton Sharks are having a meet and greet BBQ and kickabout this Sunday the 20th, 5 dollar gets you BBQ feed 2 dollar beers and 1 dollar softies, and a chat after it for what's install for the year I.e rego, when training starts and trials. Looks to be another great year for the Sharkies looking to defend their crown.

I'm not associated with the club but just a supporter for anyone interested, I can however get you in contact with the man behind the team

Youaskedforit
17-01-2013, 09:14 AM
Stockton Sharks are having a meet and greet BBQ and kickabout this Sunday the 20th, 5 dollar gets you BBQ feed 2 dollar beers and 1 dollar softies, and a chat after it for what's install for the year I.e rego, when training starts and trials. Looks to be another great year for the Sharkies looking to defend their crown.

I'm not associated with the club but just a supporter for anyone interested, I can however get you in contact with the man behind the team

$1 softies ?

cobra23
17-01-2013, 09:37 AM

is there any decent signings with stocko this year buddha?

shark attack
17-01-2013, 10:46 AM
is there any decent signings with stocko this year buddha?

stockton have kept all players from last year except 1 , we will be also signing up to 10 new players from zpl , new fm and nbn.

Buddha
17-01-2013, 11:55 AM
stockton have kept all players from last year except 1 , we will be also signing up to 10 new players from zpl , new fm and nbn.

And a 1st grade Wagga league player that will arrive during the middle of the season.

cobra23
18-01-2013, 10:37 AM

Newfm and nbn players
Who are they?

shark attack
18-01-2013, 10:57 AM
Newfm and nbn players
Who are they?

cant release names at the moment but they are from jaffas , cooks hill , charlestown , edgeworth.

namwob99
18-01-2013, 01:32 PM
Why?

Buddha
18-01-2013, 02:05 PM
It's not who they are underneath, it's what they do on the field that will matter

cobra23
18-01-2013, 02:08 PM
cant release names at the moment but they are from jaffas , cooks hill , charlestown , edgeworth.

surley no firstgraders though...

LINGERA
18-01-2013, 02:29 PM
probs U17s lol

shark attack
18-01-2013, 02:59 PM
surley no firstgraders though...

most of them 1st graders , cant make to 3 night training with the bigger clubs due to work commitments.

shark attack
18-01-2013, 03:01 PM
probs U17s lol

no 17s most off these new guys are from stockton , just been playing newcastle , but stockton are up and running these guys are stating to head back home.

shark attack
18-01-2013, 03:27 PM
stockton sharks will holding a pre season comp at caroba oval this year which is all but confirmed between medowie , nelson bay and raymond terrace , dates will follow shortly which will be held on tuesday and thursday nights for 1st grade only. this will be called the north of the harbour cup and hopefully will run for years to come.

ManUTDSupporter
18-01-2013, 10:49 PM
lol i love watching the whole we have 'NBN and NEWFM' players this year talk.

Buddha
18-01-2013, 11:15 PM
Shut up and focus on league 3 talk or this is end up like foz v1

Will be interesting to see how these new teams go, I'd imagine they'd fit right in tbh. I hope they like the Dungog road trip, very boozy from memory

namwob99
19-01-2013, 12:31 AM
I would've thought that was talking about ZL3. MUS doing a good job of sledging by the looks of ya response. Lol

ManUTDSupporter
20-01-2013, 07:55 PM
yeah im confident it was related to a ZL3??? I just remember the exact same talk this time last year. I dont see the point of constently bragging about 'nbn' players coming in. Just because someone hasn't played nbn or newfm doesn't mean they arnt just as good!
The exact same people talked like this last year and i failed to see 'nbn' quality players in their team?
Makes for a crap read, seeing that on here everytime. You said it once and thats plenty enough for now.
so id much prefer to here how new teams are finding the start up, what trials are happening and talk on how teams will go this year!

Youaskedforit
21-01-2013, 10:21 AM
yeah im confident it was related to a ZL3??? I just remember the exact same talk this time last year. I dont see the point of constently bragging about 'nbn' players coming in. Just because someone hasn't played nbn or newfm doesn't mean they arnt just as good!
The exact same people talked like this last year and i failed to see 'nbn' quality players in their team?
Makes for a crap read, seeing that on here everytime. You said it once and thats plenty enough for now.
so id much prefer to here how new teams are finding the start up, what trials are happening and talk on how teams will go this year!

Good idea mate

Toronto Awaba ID3

Made up of mostly young blokes and early twenty year olds, that either wont play for the other club down the road, or dont have time to commit at that level due to university and work commitments.

Some trials lined up and very ecxited about are :

JOHN BEGUIN SHIELD

This is going to be played annually between Toronto Awaba ID3 V Westlakes ID2, bringing back what use to be called in the early days the " kill a cat " day, all in good fun back then.

John was a big influence on alot of the young boys at Toronto Awaba ID3 before he tragically passed too young towards the end of last year.

A full day is planned with

Toronto Awaba O35 ( Toads ) v Westlakes O35
Toronto Awaba O35 ( Slugs ) v West Wallsend
Toronto Awaba ID3 V Westlakes ID2 Reserves
Totrnto Awaba ID3 V Westlakes ID2 First Grade ( John Beguin Shield )

March 9 @ Finnan Oval

Mikhail deBastos Memorial Shield

Similar to above, we will be playing Morissett ID1 on a annual basis for this shield.

"Macca " was taken tragically in a MVA in May 2011 while signed with Toronto Awaba Stags.

There will be three games on this day.

11am
1pm
3pm ( Mikhail Debastos Shield )

Dora Creek Oval
April 7

roundballsarebetter
21-01-2013, 06:50 PM
stockton sharks will holding a pre season comp at caroba oval this year which is all but confirmed between medowie , nelson bay and raymond terrace , dates will follow shortly which will be held on tuesday and thursday nights for 1st grade only. this will be called the north of the harbour cup and hopefully will run for years to come.

Stockton should dominate that cup with 10 players from nbn , newfm and zpl :)

Beldo
21-01-2013, 08:51 PM
No one really Gives a SH!t

cobra23
22-01-2013, 09:42 AM
No one really Gives a SH!t

Nice first post.
STOCKO BOY

hawk
22-01-2013, 02:39 PM

Talking about acquired players from other grades makes for interesting talk. Creates a bit more interest even if not much on the park.

Besides anyone with manu as a username wont get much respect in these parts. I say ban

punter
23-01-2013, 12:26 AM
Stockton should dominate that cup with 10 players from nbn , newfm and zpl :)

who are these 10 players

goaliepersempre
23-01-2013, 08:27 AM
Good idea mate

Toronto Awaba ID3

Made up of mostly young blokes and early twenty year olds, that either wont play for the other club down the road, or dont have time to commit at that level due to university and work commitments.

Some trials lined up and very ecxited about are :

JOHN BEGUIN SHIELD

This is going to be played annually between Toronto Awaba ID3 V Westlakes ID2, bringing back what use to be called in the early days the " kill a cat " day, all in good fun back then.

John was a big influence on alot of the young boys at Toronto Awaba ID3 before he tragically passed too young towards the end of last year.

A full day is planned with

Toronto Awaba O35 ( Toads ) v Westlakes O35
Toronto Awaba O35 ( Slugs ) v West Wallsend
Toronto Awaba ID3 V Westlakes ID2 Reserves
Totrnto Awaba ID3 V Westlakes ID2 First Grade ( John Beguin Shield )

March 9 @ Finnan Oval

Mikhail deBastos Memorial Shield

Similar to above, we will be playing Morissett ID1 on a annual basis for this shield.

"Macca " was taken tragically in a MVA in May 2011 while signed with Toronto Awaba Stags.

There will be three games on this day.

11am
1pm
3pm ( Mikhail Debastos Shield )

Dora Creek Oval
April 7

Keen for these days, awesome work by those behind it :)

Youaskedforit
24-01-2013, 12:05 PM
Keen for these days, awesome work by those behind it :)

Thanks mate, Patrick Viera been a huge help as well ;)

Anyone interested need, four or five players to fill our squad ... inbox me or phone 0425297257

Youaskedforit
12-02-2013, 04:30 PM
Toronto Awaba now have a few spots to fill in there ZL3 squad if anyone interested joining this inaugural club.

Training tomorrow night 6.15pm

Finnan Oval

shark attack
17-02-2013, 09:09 PM
stockton v olympic reserve grade 6 - 1 olympic
stockton blooded many new young guys today and it showed , good to see the boys never gave up , olympic played very well and deserve there win.
stockton v olympic 1st 2 - 2
quiet a good game from both considering a first hit out , a fair result in the end , olympic will be there again this year , have picked some good speed up front.

pv4
18-02-2013, 07:50 AM
any truth to the rumours that olympic have picked up harry james & pulled mat austin out of retirement?

Swanky
18-02-2013, 08:52 AM
any truth to the rumours that olympic have picked up harry james & pulled mat austin out of retirement?

Mat Austin is traveling around Australia from Mid April for 6 months so he is not playing this season

namwob99
18-02-2013, 09:33 AM
Have heard Harry James is playing.

shark attack
19-02-2013, 11:30 AM

hi pv4 not sure who harry james is , olympic had a big guy at the back ( didnt play last year ) , either he had a really good game or he is the real deal.
i think olympic were more supprised to see who is playing for stockton this year , geoff goninan , olympic state league 2 years ago , so im led to beleive olympic have been chasing him big time to no avail.

Youaskedforit
21-02-2013, 11:14 AM
TORONTO AWABA Inter District 3

Require players for upcoming season, if your busy with uni and work commitments, come have a run with us, training one night a week only and looking for a few more players to fill our squad.

PM me or come to training Wednesday nights 6.15pm at Finnan Oval

Cheers

Youaskedforit
27-02-2013, 10:28 PM
Thornton 2 Toronto Awaba ID3 0 , good effort from the boys , first real trial for their year ....

shark attack
27-02-2013, 10:41 PM
Thornton 2 Toronto Awaba ID3 0 , good effort from the boys , first real trial for their year ....

good result there champ , things looking up for you guys.

Youaskedforit
04-03-2013, 08:42 PM
good result there champ , things looking up for you guys.

Yeah they look good mate, still need four or five players to strengthen the squad.

shark attack
08-03-2013, 09:38 PM
thursday night at the athletic field
1st up well done to cookers , the ground looks fantastic , complete turn around from last years paddock.
reserve grade cookers 1 - stockton 0
cookers were given a pen , how the stocko boys didnt win by 3 , 4 , 5 or 6 is increditable , poor finishing hurt the boys , im sure the cookers boys would agree as they were dumfounded that they won.

1st grade
cookers 1 - stockton 3
cookers goal came from a bad back pass , from there stocko dominated the best part of the game. could off been a bigger score but for poor finishing again. cookers look good and i think they are a better side than last years side.

oneeye
08-03-2013, 11:09 PM
hi pv4 not sure who harry james is , olympic had a big guy at the back ( didnt play last year ) , either he had a really good game or he is the real deal.
i think olympic were more supprised to see who is playing for stockton this year , geoff goninan , olympic state league 2 years ago , so im led to beleive olympic have been chasing him big time to no avail.

Just catching up on this thread thats a great pick up for a ZL3 team, you guys should go well

shark attack
08-03-2013, 11:44 PM
Just catching up on this thread thats a great pick up for a ZL3 team, you guys should go well

hi oneeye we hope to keep goeff , has played and trained with us but also one of the nbn clubs ( not olympic ) looks like they may snatch him away from us. if he does go good luck to him he is a very good player , im sure over the next couple of years if all goes well and we can gain promotion then the likes of goeff and many others will return to stockton. we have gained some great new guys for this season and all fitting in nicely.

Reds Forever
09-03-2013, 10:31 AM
thursday night at the athletic field
1st up well done to cookers , the ground looks fantastic , complete turn around from last years paddock.
reserve grade cookers 1 - stockton 0
cookers were given a pen , how the stocko boys didnt win by 3 , 4 , 5 or 6 is increditable , poor finishing hurt the boys , im sure the cookers boys would agree as they were dumfounded that they won.

1st grade
cookers 1 - stockton 3
cookers goal came from a bad back pass , from there stocko dominated the best part of the game. could off been a bigger score but for poor finishing again. cookers look good and i think they are a better side than last years side.

What Cooks Hill team did you play? ZPL, ID3 or AA?

ManUTDSupporter
16-03-2013, 08:08 PM
Wallsend 6or7 - 1 Dungog ... Dungog was a bit unlucky in the first 10 mins with an unfortunate deflection at speed off a shot, which then connecting with a dungog hand (pk). Then a shot from the edge of the 18 deflected to a wallsend players feet with no pressure and he slotted. Wallsend had all of the game except probably a period of 15 mins before HT when dungog scored to make it 3-1 and missed a simple 1v1 and was playing very well. Other then that i can say wallsend will be top 4 in ZL1 and they were a well structured team who scored some nice goals second half.
First trial for for us and we had two second graders in, with a second grader bench, few of our regular 1sts away. So the coach was definitely happy with our boys and with our decision not to have as many trials as most, i believe will pay off come round 1 with fresher legs but plenty of fitness under our belt through training. Just need that strong 15 mins before HT when we had wallsend on their heels, for the full match.

thanks to gardo for the day

shark attack
16-03-2013, 10:43 PM
medowie resies v stockton 1 - 7 tuesday night
not to sure if this was there resies side but i think medowie will be in for a long year. this was a flattering score line for medowie , could off a been a much bigger score line.

medowie 1st v stockton 1 - 1 tuesday night
tough game , stockton werent at there best BUT medowie will be no push overs this year , we were supprised by medowie , who lead fom another mistake from our boys , stockton equaled in the second 1/2 and were unlucky not win the game in the last 15 minutes , good luck to medowie , if they can keep there very thin 1st grade squad on the park they will be hard to beat.

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
20-03-2013, 10:29 AM
Jesmond FC have had our opponents cancel this weekends trial. We are available either day as is our ground, for 2 grades. Please contact Mick Coates on 0412 449 333.

ManUTDSupporter
27-03-2013, 08:08 PM
Thought i would chuck in some Predictions for 2013
Top 4 not in any real order:

Stockton
Toronto
Dungog
Simba

Cooks Hill
Beresfield
Mayfield
Kurri Kurri

My opinion.
Very glad to have more teams this year!!!

sharky21
27-03-2013, 08:30 PM
Thought i would chuck in some Predictions for 2013
Top 4 not in any real order:

Stockton
Toronto
Dungog
Simba

Cooks Hill
Beresfield
Mayfield
Kurri Kurri

My opinion.
Very glad to have more teams this year!!!

I would be very very very surprised to see Beresfield miss out on top 4. might be a new side but knowing where some of the players come from
they will be well and truly up there.

namwob99
27-03-2013, 08:55 PM
I would be very very very surprised to see Beresfield miss out on top 4. might be a new side but knowing where some of the players come from
they will be well and truly up there.
Shhhhhh

ManUTDSupporter
28-03-2013, 09:14 PM
they will be well and truly up there. Fair enough. Only base my opinion on trial results, what i have heard and players i know at clubs. know of a couple at bero

shark attack
28-03-2013, 11:52 PM
raymond terrace 1 stockton 3 resies
a really good effort from the stockton boys , all the new young guys are starting to come together nicley.

raymond terrace 4 stockton 2 1st
once again a really top effort form the stockton boys , score was bit dissapointing but with the spead of there 3 boys up front turned 3 mistakes into goals.

ManUTDSupporter
29-03-2013, 04:51 PM
raymond terrace 1 stockton 3 resies
a really good effort from the stockton boys , all the new young guys are starting to come together nicley.

raymond terrace 4 stockton 2 1st
once again a really top effort form the stockton boys , score was bit dissapointing but with the spead of there 3 boys up front turned 3 mistakes into goals.
Nothing wrong with 4-2 against a quality Terrace outfit. Good Result Shark

shark attack
29-03-2013, 09:22 PM
Nothing wrong with 4-2 against a quality Terrace outfit. Good Result Shark

thanks champ , it was a good result , can honestly say the terrace keeper had a lot more to do than our keeper , the score was 2 - 2 for a long time but as i stated before there spead up front is lightning , not 1 or 2 of them but 3 of them and with plenty of skill , i thought our boys did a real good job keeping them quite except for 3 really bad mistakes in front of goal.

Youaskedforit
01-04-2013, 08:33 PM
Toronto Awaba id3 still chasing 3-4 players for the season if interested inbox me or ring 0402890051

ManUTDSupporter
06-04-2013, 08:49 PM
Dungog Ressies (plus 3 first graders) played Gresford AA today in an annual Cup - (Gresford is quite a good AA team, been together for many years now. Probably would beat a fair few ZL3 second grade teams). 48 teams from claro, Dungog, Greford and Seaham played. Starting from under 6's up until our final game at 5pm.
Dungog 3 - 1 Gresford

WolfMan
06-04-2013, 09:31 PM
thanks champ , it was a good result , can honestly say the terrace keeper had a lot more to do than our keeper , the score was 2 - 2 for a long time but as i stated before there spead up front is lightning , not 1 or 2 of them but 3 of them and with plenty of skill , i thought our boys did a real good job keeping them quite except for 3 really bad mistakes in front of goal.

Not wrong! I had the job of trying to keep pace with them in the backline. Needless to say, their heels were seen to be clean on a number of occasions....

hawk
06-04-2013, 09:49 PM
Not wrong! I had the job of trying to keep pace with them in the backline. Needless to say, their heels were seen to be clean on a number of occasions....

that flapping shirt shouldve been tugged a little harder wolfy

ManUTDSupporter
07-04-2013, 09:05 AM
Pretty quiet of late in here. Any trials lately or anything ?

The roosta
07-04-2013, 11:18 AM
Kurri roosters have had a few trials in the last 2 weeks a mixed team played the local derby with weston swifts and had a 2-2 draw, first grade played there first game together last thursday against a pretty good largs AA team not sure of what division there in but they knocked the ball around well kurri won that game 2-0
Yesterday both grades played raymond terrace AA teams and good results for both grades ressies won 4 or 5-2 i think it finished it was there first game together and good signs there for the boys
First grade won 5-3 with onlu tje second game together the boys are starting to gel and knocking the ball around well on the down side we lost our keeper while warming up so hopefully he is back for the first game with still having another 2 or 3 players yet to play in first grade due to work our season should be a lot better for both grades then previous years bring on next week end

ManUTDSupporter
07-04-2013, 04:38 PM
Good to hear you guys managed to get in a few trials roosta.
Dungog firsts only had the single game against Wallsend in state cup and ressies first hit out was yesterday. We opted to work hard at training and concentrate on that and remain fresh come rd 1.
Give us a couple weeks and we will be at our best!
Should be a strong competition this year!! All teams are doing well

Buddha
07-04-2013, 08:40 PM
Stockton had a trial against Tuncurry yesterday,

Reserves 3-0, looking good for the first hitout at Kurri saturday
Firsts 1-1, was not present for both games so not sure how they played

Youaskedforit
07-04-2013, 09:04 PM
Toronto Awaba zl3 defeated morissett zl1 .... 3-0 this afternoon to win the inaugural MIKHAIL DE BASTOS SHIELD , well done boys ....
First grade 3-0
Reserves 0-3
Thirds 1-0 ( our u17 )
Great day organized by morissett

The roosta
07-04-2013, 09:51 PM
Hopefully every game on the weekend in this comp gets refs

outsider
08-04-2013, 08:48 AM

good luck

namwob99
08-04-2013, 09:03 AM
Not many refs in this comp?

The roosta
08-04-2013, 09:42 AM
Yeah I no that's y I said hopefully lol id2s isn't any better for getting refs either

outsider
08-04-2013, 10:24 AM
Not many refs in this comp?

Depends how many referees from the Junior Branches are willing to referee senior football.There will be some from senior referees but there have to b 3 referees on all NBN,NEWFM and WPL.Then referees are allocated to Id with at least 2 referees at the ground,although the top Id games generally get 3.The rest are appointed to the other ID games.The referee policy is that a minimum of 2 referees are appointed together following incidents in previous seasons with back up from the junior branches as I said.Many referees only make themselves available on one day(yes they do have a life outside football)which stretches the already limited numbers.Any players or ex players who would like to become referees are more than welcome to apply.

The roosta
08-04-2013, 10:31 AM
I would be happy if even just one ref showed up for our game makes it so much better

namwob99
08-04-2013, 10:37 AM
How are they going for numbers this year compared to last?

outsider
08-04-2013, 10:48 AM
I would be happy if even just one ref showed up for our game makes it so much better

Read my previous thread.Do not appoint just one referee to any games.If there is one referee left over they would be appointed to make the numbers up on another ground.

The roosta
08-04-2013, 10:53 AM
Yeah I seen what you said mate it was a figure of speech settle down

outsider
08-04-2013, 11:03 AM
Yeah I seen what you said mate it was a figure of speech settle down

no need to settle down. i am fine

demon
08-04-2013, 04:47 PM
Yeah I no that's y I said hopefully lol id2s isn't any better for getting refs either

The word that Federation clubs received from the referees information night earlier this years was that they did not expect to be able to provide referees past ZL1 for all grades with ZL2 having some referees but not for all matches.

This is of course impacted by two very big factors: Where you club is situated and what day your game is on.

They rely on Associaiton referees to help fill in the numbers but that means if your game is on a Sat the association referess branches first priority is to fill as many Junior and All Age games as possible first.

And then if your clubs areas referees association is already struggling for numbers then you will find it just as hard for them to be sending their referees to ID games.

If a club doesnt already have a club referee then I would suggest having one or two at least do the on line rules of the game course as a refresher to help avoid any arguements. If you need the link message me and I'll send it on.

Its quite simple, easy to do and can be done in a few parts but really is a good reminder on some of the points easily forgotten or regulary misinterpretted.

namwob99
08-04-2013, 06:21 PM
Does it cost extra to play in these zone comps? Because I mean I can go from playing all age where you're guaranteed 3 refs every week to playing in a zone comp in which you're guaranteed to get none. I'm sure new/hun/mac try to sell them as a higher grade or whatever but where's the selling point?

And before anyone loses their shit I'm not having a shot at referees, I understand there's not enough to go around. Just wondering where the supreme overlords at New/Hun/Mac sit.

Bulldogs 1962
08-04-2013, 08:10 PM
Does it cost extra to play in these zone comps? Because I mean I can go from playing all age where you're guaranteed 3 refs every week to playing in a zone comp in which you're guaranteed to get none. I'm sure new/hun/mac try to sell them as a higher grade or whatever but where's the selling point?

And before anyone loses their shit I'm not having a shot at referees, I understand there's not enough to go around. Just wondering where the supreme overlords at New/Hun/Mac sit.

Most times it actually works out cheaper because of all the extra fees like having to pay for you own shorts and socks, and match fees that Jnr clubs charge! Also the level of play is much higher, there aren't many teams in all age that could be competitive in zl football, we played against the a grand final winners of AA a grade two years ago when in Zl2 and won by about 6or7 so it shows the lower level that the AA comp is

namwob99
08-04-2013, 08:18 PM
Yeah i see what ya mean there...What about how much they charge the team to enter the comp is it much different to all age?

Bulldogs 1962
08-04-2013, 08:34 PM
Yeah i see what ya mean there...What about how much they charge the team to enter the comp is it much different to all age?

I couldn't tell you what they charge in AA but I would expect it to be cheaper to register your team in it then zl as there isn't prize money for the team in AA. And the price of entry rises as you go up the levels in zl, but so does the amount of prize money you can win.

namwob99
08-04-2013, 09:17 PM
Fair enough. Cheers mate.

Youaskedforit
09-04-2013, 08:13 AM
Toronto awaba v mayfield on Sunday April 14 ...... Haven't heard much bout mayfield , I'm sure it will be a good game and about time competition kicked off :)

demon
09-04-2013, 09:16 AM
In the Association competitions (juniors, womens, All Age, o35 etc) there is no actual fee for entry into a competition funds are raised via the association fees within each players registration. Items such as referees fees, uniforms etc are either covered by the clubs portion of the registration fee or charged as seperate items. Thankfully I don't beleive many clubs still make players pay ref fees week by week. And the referees supplied by each associations referees branch.

Zone League is administered as a joint venture by the three associations together. And they charge clubs an entry free depending on what division the club plays in which I beleive the entire pool is returned in full by way of payments based on season wins and finals etc. Players then pay their own registration fees which incorporate an association fee and a club fee. So the association cover their costs via their fee in the registration and clubs cover whatever costs they wish to cover in their fee.

Rego Fees are generally far higher than All Age, esp in the higher Zone leagues simply because you will find clubs provinding club shirts, training shirts, better training gear etc. And they have a smaller player base to cover items such as electricity for lighting training grounds etc.

The standards probably are higher in the lower Zone leagues than All Age but that said there are some players in All Age who could instantly walk into some reasonably high grades of Zone League also.

In Premier League the level of committment also plays a part in terms of numbers at training, pre season time etc. That does continue down but the lower the Zone League the less this occurs across all clubs. I know Zone LEague 1 teams that last seaosn were getting 6 or less first grade players to training for a majority of the season where as a Zone LEague 2 team may have been getting say 9 regulary.

I generally think the way to define it comes down to:

Federation - players who are hightly competitive and want to commit the time to their football and the social aspect is less important. Football becomes a 9-10 month sport and is the major if not only regular sport they play.

Zone Leagues - players who enjoy playing a competitive game of football but can not/wish not to have to make such a time committment and enjoy football as much as a social as a competitive past time. Might also play other season sports such as cricket or golf.

All Age/O35's - teams are generally socially based, links to each other outside of football, while some do a majority do not make a committment to training or a structured pre season.

ManUTDSupporter
09-04-2013, 08:20 PM
Anyone else willing to give pick the scores a go for round 1? Bit hard to choose week 1
My opinion:
Beresfield 2 - 2 Simba
Cooks hill 1 - 2 Dungog
Kurri Kurri 1 - 5 Stockton
Toronto 3 - 1 Mayfield

The roosta
09-04-2013, 09:29 PM
I agree scores will be hard to pick
So I'll just pick who I think will win
Bero to beat Simba
Cooks hill to beat dungog
Kurri to beat Stockton
Toronto to beat mayfield
All will be close hard games for round 1 I think

Youaskedforit
09-04-2013, 10:30 PM
Impossible to pick but here goes ..
Bero v simba draw
Dungog to beat cooks hill
Stockton to beat kurri
Toronto to beat mayfield ( hopefully )

ace22
09-04-2013, 10:54 PM
berefield
cooks hill
stocken
toronto

outsider
11-04-2013, 02:01 PM

Make sure that you all take whistles and flags.Only 2 referees on ZPL games and thats about it.

namwob99
11-04-2013, 02:37 PM
I'm sure everyone was prepared. Lack of numbers this year or a few unavailable?

outsider
11-04-2013, 04:56 PM
I'm sure everyone was prepared. Lack of numbers this year or a few unavailable?

About 90 members of which about 50 are non active,assessors,life members etc.Several either on A League,in Canberra or only available one day.We have to supply three referees to each NBN and NEWFM game which does not leave many for other games.Then a minimum of 2 per ZPL ground which means that they are also going to have to supply another official for their games.Should improve in the next few weeks when we have more available and the junior branches become available.I am not sure if any of the junior branch referees are available this weekend so it may not be as bad as i first thought.but dont get your hopes up.

namwob99
11-04-2013, 05:07 PM
About 90 members of which about 50 are non active,assessors,life members etc.Several either on A League,in Canberra or only available one day.We have to supply three referees to each NBN and NEWFM game which does not leave many for other games.Then a minimum of 2 per ZPL ground which means that they are also going to have to supply another official for their games.Should improve in the next few weeks when we have more available and the junior branches become available.I am not sure if any of the junior branch referees are available this weekend so it may not be as bad as i first thought.but dont get your hopes up.

I'm not whinging because I knew what I signed up for when I did, but don't you thinks its strange that because there's not enough referees to go around they just forget about these comps? Being as earlier somebody stated that they were higher level then all age? I understand the refereeing is covered by NNSW but aren't we playing in interdistrict comp?

outsider
11-04-2013, 07:48 PM
I'm not whinging because I knew what I signed up for when I did, but don't you thinks its strange that because there's not enough referees to go around they just forget about these comps? Being as earlier somebody stated that they were higher level then all age? I understand the refereeing is covered by NNSW but aren't we playing in interdistrict comp?

What you need to know is that the all age competition and O35 etc are run as junior football and refereed by junior branch referees who have no affiliation to NNSW referees and in most cases have no desire to referee senior football(NBNNEWFM and ID)The senior branch supply referees where possible but as I said the first call is to NBN and NEWFM football and the ID/ZPL.We are lucky to get some junior branch referees when available and put them to good use.We have quite a few referees unavailable this weekend(see previous post)but hope to have them available in the near future.It is difficult to get our members to referee 2 days(ie 6 games)as they have families and a life outside football.What we need are players who are nearing the end of their playing days to give thought to becoming referees(never too late to learn the laws of the game)who would then be able to fill vacant spaces where no one is available.

namwob99
11-04-2013, 07:54 PM
Yeah I understand ya different branches, I was just making the point that these Zone comps are run by the same mob who run the A/A and o/35's. So it seems strange that they 1) are refereed by NNSW refs and 2) don't get reffed more by local branches.

seldom
12-04-2013, 02:44 AM
Jeez...sounds serious...who's gunna check you're wearing the right coloured tape on ya socks

Retro Jet
12-04-2013, 10:39 AM
Jeez...sounds serious...who's gunna check you're wearing the right coloured tape on ya socks

Open slather on rogue coloured tape ZL1 -3 this weekend.
:yay:

Lucky it's not cold. You could add skins to that.....

outsider
12-04-2013, 07:09 PM
Open slather on rogue coloured tape ZL1 -3 this weekend.
:yay:

Lucky it's not cold. You could add skins to that.....

And right there we have the main reason for all the hassles over equipment.Instead of just accepting the rules as they are,once again we have people trying to circumvent them.I know that this is probably an attempt at humour-very poor at best-but just accept the rules as laid down and everyone can just get on and enjoy their day.Referees have no option but to enforce this,even though we may not like doing so,but if you have a problem then you need to go to the ID Association to get it changed.They can then go to NFF who can go to FAA who can then ask FIFA to change it.Good luck.

seldom
12-04-2013, 09:12 PM
And right there we have the main reason for all the hassles over equipment.Instead of just accepting the rules as they are,once again we have people trying to circumvent them.I know that this is probably an attempt at humour-very poor at best-but just accept the rules as laid down and everyone can just get on and enjoy their day.Referees have no option but to enforce this,even though we may not like doing so,but if you have a problem then you need to go to the ID Association to get it changed.They can then go to NFF who can go to FAA who can then ask FIFA to change it.Good luck.

FFS.....lighten up

ManUTDSupporter
13-04-2013, 06:13 PM
Cooks hill v Dungog
Res - 1 - 2
Firsts- 4 - 2

Dungog res played well and deserved their win
Firsts for us had 70% possession for the first 20-30 mins and didn't really looked troubled, knocking it around very very well! but I think frustration came in when we couldnt link up with the forwards or score.
From there our game completely changed and cooks hill went in 3-1 ht and second half cooks hill had plenty of chances from Dungog pushing forward and changed our game.
If our young fellas keep their heads and play like we did for the first part of the game, we will do well.
Well done cooks hill

whANTite
13-04-2013, 08:17 PM
Any other results today? Didn't get to play/watch.

ManUTDSupporter
13-04-2013, 08:36 PM
I know Stockton v kurri kurri
Res 1 - 1
1st. 2 - 0

Not sure why no other results are up, I know I'm rather disappointed with the way we handle ourselves when playing so well for the first 25 or so

shark attack
13-04-2013, 08:37 PM
kurri v stockton 1 - 1 resies
one of those cames were if you dont take your chance it will bite you in the arse as it did , well done to kurri who fought it out till full time.

kurri v stockton 0- 2 1st
good win for the boys , stockton pretty well controlled this came through out , some really good football was played today , credit to kurri who deffended really well , a missed penallty, some close calls and 3 top class saves from there keeper kept the score at 2 -0.

namwob99
13-04-2013, 08:52 PM
Beresfield vs Simba
Reggies 1-1
Firsts 3-1
We (Beresfield) were ordinary at best...was hard to watch.

Youaskedforit
14-04-2013, 09:16 AM
Dungog v cooks hill result ?

Wilso8948
14-04-2013, 09:47 AM
Both Stockton teams should have won by much more. Resies had a heap of chances and credit to kurri they punished them for not puttin them away. First grade dominated from start to finish. Couple of flat spots that may have led to a goal but kurri really only shot from outside the box and never threatened. Stocko had a missed pen and a host of chances we normally put away. Thanks to kurri for the good day and good bunch of blokes to play against

ManUTDSupporter
14-04-2013, 01:27 PM
Dungog v cooks hill result ?
Dungog 2 - 1 res
Cooks 4 - 2 1st

First-Like I said before we played perfectly for the first 25, was told 70% possession and moved the ball around superbly! But frustration kicked in with us unsble to link up with our front runners and not scoring.
Pretty much from there on we were a completly different team. To be honest we were terrible After that first 25. Long balls and there was no shape! something we need to work on at training! After getting a Sturn wake up call from the coach, I can't see us doing that again so badly.
Well done to all teams this wkd

The roosta
14-04-2013, 07:20 PM
Kurri had a tough day on Saturday with only having 20 players for both games available due to work and a cricket trip but credit to the boys who played and especially the ones who backed up and played 2 games
I didn't see much of ressies but what I did of the first half Stockton probably were the better team but our boys held there own and went to the break at 0-0 I didn't see all the second half or the goals so can't comment but with a player shortage we will take the draw

1st grade knew it was going to be tough from the start having only 6 fresh players one being the keeper but we held it with Stockton in the first half and in my opinion was an even affair and we went to the break at 0-0
The second half was a different story with our players who doubled were starting to cramp and fatigue but still tried and that's all you can ask for on these days Stockton took advantage of this with the extra time and space we allowed them the first goal was pretty soft just not shutting the ball down and caught our keeper out the second goal was well worked by Stockton and they deserved it our keeper was by far our best player with some saves you would normally only on see tv totally awesome stuff and I think Stockton would agree there
Also a big thanks to the 3 officials we had after not having any appointed and them turning up
Looking forward to next week and hopefully having 11 fresh players for both grades

Wilso8948
14-04-2013, 07:24 PM
Kurri had a tough day on Saturday with only having 20 players for both games available due to work and a cricket trip but credit to the boys who played and especially the ones who backed up and played 2 games
I didn't see much of ressies but what I did of the first half Stockton probably were the better team but our boys held there own and went to the break at 0-0 I didn't see all the second half or the goals so can't comment but with a player shortage we will take the draw

1st grade knew it was going to be tough from the start having only 6 fresh players one being the keeper but we held it with Stockton in the first half and in my opinion was an even affair and we went to the break at 0-0
The second half was a different story with our players who doubled were starting to cramp and fatigue but still tried and that's all you can ask for on these days Stockton took advantage of this with the extra time and space we allowed them the first goal was pretty soft just not shutting the ball down and caught our keeper out the second goal was well worked by Stockton and they deserved it our keeper was by far our best player with some saves you would normally only on see tv totally awesome stuff and I think Stockton would agree there
Also a big thanks to the 3 officials we had after not having any appointed and them turning up
Looking forward to next week and hopefully having 11 fresh players for both grades

Soft!! I thought it was a cracking goal from the centre back. 30 yards out and nailed it. Definitely will be the last I score.. I mean he scores this year! ;)

ManUTDSupporter
14-04-2013, 07:42 PM
Was the other game on today?

Youaskedforit
14-04-2013, 08:12 PM
Toronto 2-1 reserves
Toronto 4-2 firsts

leftrightout
14-04-2013, 08:14 PM
Toronto 2-1 reserves
Toronto 4-2 firsts

Great start, congratulations!
Question though,
Do you have a team song?
Does everyone know it?

In sure the boys would have sung it loud, first win for the club! Big day!

That may sound smart arsed, but it's not meant to be!

Youaskedforit
14-04-2013, 08:17 PM
Yes , we have a song , the original ..... " from the hills around Awaba ........ " but why ask that ?

Youaskedforit
14-04-2013, 08:19 PM
Yes , we have a song , the original ..... " from the hills around Awaba ........ " but why ask that ?
And every player knows it, cause every players a local .... ;)

Buddha
14-04-2013, 09:02 PM
Just a talking point, on the Stockton v Kurri reserve grade game, the ref blew for full time just as i was taking a corner, now from MY INTERPRETATION, the referee must allow the attacking movement to continue until it is over, and it wasnt as if he blew it while i was waiting to take it, he blew it just as i kicked it.

Thoughts on this?

Swanky
14-04-2013, 09:46 PM
Just a talking point, on the Stockton v Kurri reserve grade game, the ref blew for full time just as i was taking a corner, now from MY INTERPRETATION, the referee must allow the attacking movement to continue until it is over, and it wasnt as if he blew it while i was waiting to take it, he blew it just as i kicked it.

Thoughts on this?

the ref can blow full time at any time in a match barring a penalty kick same goes for half time

RANGER09
14-04-2013, 10:03 PM
the ref can blow full time at any time in a match barring a penalty kick same goes for half time

As above Buddah

ManUTDSupporter
15-04-2013, 05:32 AM
Correct, and with the pen if he kicks it and the keeper saves it and you go run in for the follow up tap in he should blow the whistle straight after it is saved

pv4
15-04-2013, 07:09 AM
Thoughts on this?

rules - he can end the game when he wants

thoughts - any ref that doesn't wait until an attacking movement is finished is a control-freak who is not keeping it real.

Youaskedforit
15-04-2013, 10:20 AM
Good start for Toronto Awaba yesterday, but id like to know how these referee allocations work....

After learnng via email, not to expect referees this weekend, i organised through this forum ( and thank you shark attack for showing up to do the job ) a referee to cover, when he showed up, out of the blue, a referee turned up in full kit telling us he is waiting for another ref to show, so we send our fill in ref away wih humble apologies ( very embarrassing ), only to find out the ref that turned up didnt feel like reffing as he was 74 and already done friday night and saturday games, and the other ref didnt show, so now i call on the club referee to come do it, which he did admirably in reserve grade.... THEN , low and behold two more refs turn up to do First Grade.... what the hell, makes it very hard to organise anything.

Must add same thing happened John Beguin Cup day when i organised a bloke to come out from maryland on his birthday, only to have three refs turn up.

To add to the hi-jinx, the young girl who was reffing pulled out second half as she done her knee, hope all is well with her.

What a day.

PS Thanks and apologies again shark attack

namwob99
15-04-2013, 10:46 AM
Was thinking the same thing...we'd organised for a couple of club guys plus some guys doing an all-age game to cover our games then all of a sudden a ref rocked up telling us he was doing both. Not complaining at all was just weird.

And for some reason he added 10 mins of stoppage time to first half of first grade. We don't know where it came from.

Buddha
15-04-2013, 08:04 PM
So after this round has been completed, next round sees

Dungog v Kurri
Stockton v Bero
Simba v Toronto
Cookers v Mayfield

Dungog v Kurri; Kurri had alot of players out and some players had to double up so im not certain if that was their usual 1st grade side, if their goalkeeper is fit enough to play, he will keep (pun intended) them in the match for sure. Dungog have a good team and grand finalists last year proves that, maybe lack of match practice could have hurt them last week, but Ill go a 1-1 draw

Stockton v Bero; Well this is what i see as a top 2 clash, whoever wins this will have an advantage over the other come the second round of games, Bero have been by all reports outstanding in preseason, Stockton have been super themselves, scoreline didnt really reflect their game as the Kurri goalkeeper pulled off some amazing saves and commitment to keep Kurri in the game, i think at home but in the Corroba doctor, Stockton will get home 2-1

Simba v Toronto; I feel Toronto can get a win here but im going on the fence with a 2-2 draw

Cookers v Mayfield; I'm tipping Mayfield to get a good result here and get a 3-2 win

ManUTDSupporter
15-04-2013, 09:16 PM
So after this round has been completed, next round sees

Dungog v Kurri
Stockton v Bero
Simba v Toronto
Cookers v Mayfield

Dungog v Kurri; Kurri had alot of players out and some players had to double up so im not certain if that was their usual 1st grade side, if their goalkeeper is fit enough to play, he will keep (pun intended) them in the match for sure. Dungog have a good team and grand finalists last year proves that, maybe lack of match practice could have hurt them last week, but Ill go a 1-1 draw

Stockton v Bero; Well this is what i see as a top 2 clash, whoever wins this will have an advantage over the other come the second round of games, Bero have been by all reports outstanding in preseason, Stockton have been super themselves, scoreline didnt really reflect their game as the Kurri goalkeeper pulled off some amazing saves and commitment to keep Kurri in the game, i think at home but in the Corroba doctor, Stockton will get home 2-1

Simba v Toronto; I feel Toronto can get a win here but im going on the fence with a 2-2 draw

Cookers v Mayfield; I'm tipping Mayfield to get a good result here and get a 3-2 win

Must say a fair analysis there Buddha-
Me personally:
Dungog v kurri - (2-1)Can agree lack of trials did take its toll, but I believe after a few positional twirks and working on our transition from mids to up front we will be a much better team. We held possession amazingly for the first part of the game and looked very solid, but let the game get away from us with frustration kicking in and everyone decided to change tactics after that. Kurri Kurri did well to hold Stockton to 2-0 without a full side and showed they are going to go well this year. But I'm confident we can play the full game this time round.

Stockton v Beresfield - (1-1) Both teams seem very strong. Stockton from reports have made errors at the back in most of their trials and cup games, though I believe Stockton would play the better football it may let Beresfield in for a draw or may even see Beresfield sneak a win if they can capitalize on the chances offered.

Simba v Toronto - (2-2) Don't know a lot about simba, but I think 3-1 was decent against Beresfield. I Assume simba haven't had many trials so they may kick in to gear this wkd. Toronto have had good results in trials/cup games, but most games have always conceded a few goals. simba who is normally strong in attack may take advantage of that. But Toronto I think would be more likely to snatch it then simba.

Mayfield v Cooks Hill - (2-3) Cooks hill I think will be similar to last year, mid table. Against us we found plenty of space switching it regularly when we controlled the game but didn't take advantage of all the space. Second half when we were absolutely terrible, they couldn't get the ball in the net and only passed it around nicely when they had all the time in the world to. But they do have players who can score on their day but I believe they will let plenty in at the same time. Mayfield I think could possibly let them off the hook and allow cooks hill to grab the win.

controlzone
15-04-2013, 09:40 PM
Dungog
Bero
Simba
Draw

Youaskedforit
15-04-2013, 09:59 PM
Dungog
Draw
Toronto awaba
Cooks hill

ManUTDSupporter
18-04-2013, 05:44 AM
Dungog will be looking sharp this wkd with out new personalised playing kit arriving (hopefully)! And the new warm up shirts the following week.
What is everyone's firsts team age average this year? Dungog would be around 20/21 I would say.

Stoko R DaBomb
18-04-2013, 11:42 AM
Dungog
Bero
Simba
Draw
Noticed you have tipped Bero. Bit optimistic to say the least.

The roosta
18-04-2013, 12:58 PM
My tips
Kurri
Bero
Simba
Cooks hill
Good luck everyone hopefully the weather stays good although a bit of rain on match day is always fun and hopefuly have refs again was good to see em turn up last week even when none were appointed

FiftyEight
18-04-2013, 01:28 PM
Dungog
Bero
Draw
Draw

Match of the round Bero v Stocko.

Stoko R DaBomb
18-04-2013, 01:32 PM
What's the deal with everyone tipping Bero over Stoko or the draw? Buddha is the only one really talking any sense on this forum.

controlzone
18-04-2013, 02:13 PM
Noticed you have tipped Bero. Bit optimistic to say the least.

Looking at your name I'm sure you have a vested interest in this fixture. I'm sure "The Doctor" will be in full force to get stoko, sorry stocko, over the line.....

whANTite
18-04-2013, 02:53 PM
What's the deal with everyone tipping Bero over Stoko or the draw? Buddha is the only one really talking any sense on this forum.

Ur not talking to urself r u Buddha!!! Lol!!

supa
18-04-2013, 02:56 PM

what's the deal with everyone from stocko thinking they have this comp in the bag already?

The roosta
18-04-2013, 03:11 PM
Bit early for anyone to say there going to roll the comp hahahah

Wilso8948
18-04-2013, 03:35 PM
what's the deal with everyone from stocko thinking they have this comp in the bag already?

I'm from stocko.. We have a longgg way to go. Think the boys just love having a bit of banter. Anyone who knows us should learn to never take us too seriously. Don't get offended

supa
18-04-2013, 03:46 PM
I'm from stocko.. We have a longgg way to go. Think the boys just love having a bit of banter. Anyone who knows us should learn to never take us too seriously. Don't get offended

Nah not offended champ. Just having my bit of 'banter' added to the mix.

seldom
18-04-2013, 03:48 PM
Dungog
Draw
Trono Arobber
Cooks Hill

Wilso8948
18-04-2013, 04:19 PM
Nah not offended champ. Just having my bit of 'banter' added to the mix.

I know for certain we are well aware of what this league can throw up. We have to keep a winning mentality without getting further than one game at a time.
Looks like a bit of rain this weekend. I know it'll have to flog down to get stocko called off. Few more questions will be answered at the end of this round me thinks in terms of form teams

BB2300
19-04-2013, 08:38 AM
I play 1st grade for a certain team in this comp and I love getting on here and listening to the banter that goes on.
I agree that it's to early to call a certain winner of this comp yet but I think a couple teams know they got handed a football lesson last week.
I think Stocko and berro will decide the front runner for the year. Both teams have taken it to a new level

Stoko R DaBomb
19-04-2013, 09:20 AM
I play 1st grade for a certain team in this comp and I love getting on here and listening to the banter that goes on.
I agree that it's to early to call a certain winner of this comp yet but I think a couple teams know they got handed a football lesson last week.
I think Stocko and berro will decide the front runner for the year. Both teams have taken it to a new level

I think there is only one "proven" team that has taken it to a new level and we all know who that is.

BB2300
19-04-2013, 09:33 AM
I think there is only one "proven" team that has taken it to a new level and we all know who that is.

I think you may be a little one eyed there bud!

The roosta
19-04-2013, 10:02 AM
I wouldn't say that after watchimg yous on the week end yeah yous won the game but considering we only had 5 fresh players on the park and one only lasting about 20 minutes before getting injured from a collision with our keeper and the rest having already played a full game yous still did it tough against us in my opinion
If yous are such the super team you claim yous really should have rolled us by at least 5 or 6 but took till late in the second half to score at the end of the day I no a win is a win but if you talk it up that much it will make it more enjoyable for the other teams when they roll yous and if you play like yous did last week I can see that happening a bit this season

Bon
19-04-2013, 10:10 AM
if you talk it up that much it will make it more enjoyable for the other teams when they roll yous

This.
I've got nothing to do with this particular division, but when I see some bloke banging on about how good his team is and how they will roll everyone, I can't help but hope that that team cops it.
Who knows.. I'm sure its one cocky arrogant bloke painting the whole team in that light..

BB2300
19-04-2013, 11:06 AM
This.
I've got nothing to do with this particular division, but when I see some bloke banging on about how good his team is and how they will roll everyone, I can't help but hope that that team cops it.
Who knows.. I'm sure its one cocky arrogant bloke painting the whole team in that light..

ROOSTER all your mob can take out of that game is heart. Honestly you guys were terrible. They didn't get into stockos box once. I think I recall them having 3 shots all game from at least 35 yards. Terrible! The game was tight for 45 minutes but that was only on the score board and for the poor finishing from Stockton.
It was a bit of a lesson mate!
I'm a straight shooter and as I said before its way to early to crown a champ yet but in saying that I can say with great confidence it won't be KURRI! No offense but they are rubbish!

FiftyEight
19-04-2013, 11:11 AM
This.

To be fair there seems to be more than one person on here banging on about how great Stockton are and they all seem to be from Stockton. Looking at Stoko R DaBomb's screen name my tip is its someone taking the piss (Stocko isn't even spelt write).

Wilso8948
19-04-2013, 11:56 AM
To be fair there seems to be more than one person on here banging on about how great Stockton are and they all seem to be from Stockton. Looking at Stoko R DaBomb's screen name my tip is its someone taking the piss (Stocko isn't even spelt write).
Look guys I'm from stocko. Play first grade. And every single one of us boys know how competitive this comp is. We do not need the added pressure from anyone. We are modest and taking each game as it comes. We all leave the talking to the field so if there is anyone banging on about how ****ing good we are then shut the **** up. It's not who we are

Buddha
19-04-2013, 12:05 PM
It has to be a troll, Stoko R DaBomb can you name 10 of our players?

namwob99
19-04-2013, 12:39 PM
Sorry to detract from your riveting convo lads but we've got some serious business to attend to... Stoko got a liquor license or is it byo?

Wilso8948
19-04-2013, 12:51 PM
Sorry to detract from your riveting convo lads but we've got some serious business to attend to... Stoko got a liquor license or is it byo?

We've got a liquor licence bud

Bon
19-04-2013, 01:05 PM

Hahahaha I knew you would bring out the big questions Namwob! :pissup:

Wilso8948
19-04-2013, 01:45 PM

And it's "stocko" namwob.. Does this mean you are the serial pest on here that can't spell stocko?? Haha

namwob99
19-04-2013, 01:56 PM
Lol wouldn't be football unless adequately lubricated!!

And it's "stocko" namwob.. Does this mean you are the serial pest on here that can't spell stocko?? Haha
Lol. Was definitely a pisstake at ya mate. Should've went with 'Stoko'. Cheers anyway mate.

Bon
19-04-2013, 02:00 PM
Does "Stoko" still have a hospital out there??
I remember back when I was young and playing for Morisset, that whenever our two teams met it was labeled the 'Battle of the Mental Homes'.. :gent:

ManUTDSupporter
19-04-2013, 02:07 PM
Lol it's funny because teams like kurri, Dungog don't get to choose from "NBN and NEWFM" players. So I don't think kurri did too bad considering they had people playing two games! Stoko is known has never had many fans away from the club, just look at the GF last year when they had every other team there barracking for Dungog so they would hopefully lose and no one clapped when they went up to get there medals! Hope they go up! Or don't so they eat their words.

BB2300
19-04-2013, 02:17 PM
Lol it's funny because teams like kurri, Dungog don't get to choose from "NBN and NEWFM" players. So I don't think kurri did too bad considering they had people playing two games! Stoko is known has never had many fans away from the club, just look at the GF last year when they had every other team there barracking for Dungog so they would hopefully lose and no one clapped when they went up to get there medals! Hope they go up! Or don't so they eat their words.

See ManUTD this is the problem with this forum, guys like stoko da bomb who don't even play for the club get on here and dribble crap. I am one of those guys who has came from 2HD and I think it's a very decent comp. take the few guys on here from overseas that actually know what their talking about and are saying that its going to be a tight comp and that no one team is assured the promotion or the GF win.
It's blokes like "da bomb" that give pretty humble teams a bad rap.

dizz23
19-04-2013, 02:19 PM
Go reserve grade!

Wilso8948
19-04-2013, 02:24 PM

Now ya just dribbling shit mate. As I keep repeating we know how competitive this comp is and don't go blasting our horn around. I've already spoken to the boys from my team and we pissed that someone is talking about us that we are amazing. We already under enough pressure and don't need more. And I was in that grand final. Plenty of people cheered for us including simba who had their grand final spot taken cause they bent the rules. If u seriously are that bitter then u can go and get bent. I'm defending my club here mate cause we know week in and week out anyone can beat anyone and we need to keep level heads. Get off ya band wagon champ and away from the keyboard

Wilso8948
19-04-2013, 02:27 PM
Does "Stoko" still have a hospital out there??
I remember back when I was young and playing for Morisset, that whenever our two teams met it was labeled the 'Battle of the Mental Homes'.. :gent:

An yes mate we still got our hospital. Pretty funny if u every play cricket there and patients walk a chair out onto the pitch because they "want to be involved" haha

rolo
19-04-2013, 02:29 PM
And yet they still won it manuresupporter? Not a bad effort to have everyone cheering against you and still come out on too since they say having a big crowd cheering you on as like having a 12th player. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

As for this stoko character. I can safely assure you that they have nothing to do with our club nor do they represent the thoughts or opinions of anyone in the club. Merely by the fact of how they spelt Stocko shows they have no idea of what being from 'overseas' is about. That couple with a quick survey at training last night confirms that is none of us and in fact a pisstaker who has achieved what they were out to do and stir the pot. A troller. And they succeeded so well done to them. Cudos.
And as for refreshments namwob. What sort of game would it be without some liquid to replenish lost fluids after the game? I'm actually on my way to purchase it all now. Any requests for tomorrow? Come see me tomorrow and ill sort you out ;) would love to have beer with you.
Finally as for all these nameless characters on here. I'm all for a bit of privacy but if you wanna start calling people out and laying accusations at least do it with your real name. I'm happy to chat to anyone and am not worried about showing my name on here. Im proud of what we have acheived at stocko in the last few years and hopefully we dont stop do no need to be ashamed of who you are. Most people know me already across the harbour but if not come to corroba and ask for rolo. I'd be happy to have a beer and a chat with you.
Can't wait for tomorrow. I'm to tonguin for it! So namwob tell your boys to bring their a game. Not in a cocky sense but because it will be a hell of a game!!!
Cheers
Rolo

namwob99
19-04-2013, 02:34 PM
And yet they still won it manuresupporter? Not a bad effort to have everyone cheering against you and still come out on too since they say having a big crowd cheering you on as like having a 12th player. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

As for this stoko character. I can safely assure you that they have nothing to do with our club nor do they represent the thoughts or opinions of anyone in the club. Merely by the fact of how they spelt Stocko shows they have no idea of what being from 'overseas' is about. That couple with a quick survey at training last night confirms that is none of us and in fact a pisstaker who has achieved what they were out to do and stir the pot. A troller. And they succeeded so well done to them. Cudos.
And as for refreshments namwob. What sort of game would it be without some liquid to replenish lost fluids after the game? I'm actually on my way to purchase it all now. Any requests for tomorrow? Come see me tomorrow and ill sort you out ;) would love to have beer with you.
Finally as for all these nameless characters on here. I'm all for a bit of privacy but if you wanna start calling people out and laying accusations at least do it with your real name. I'm happy to chat to anyone and am not worried about showing my name on here. Im proud of what we have acheived at stocko in the last few years and hopefully we dont stop do no need to be ashamed of who you are. Most people know me already across the harbour but if not come to corroba and ask for rolo. I'd be happy to have a beer and a chat with you.
Can't wait for tomorrow. I'm to tonguin for it! So namwob tell your boys to bring their a game. Not in a cocky sense but because it will be a hell of a game!!!
Cheers
Rolo
As long as she's cold, we'll drink it!!

rolo
19-04-2013, 02:41 PM
As long as she's cold, we'll drink it!!

Everything is cold at Stocko mate haha

supa
19-04-2013, 03:08 PM
i must have missed the memo that zone league clubs were able to 'choose' state league/first division players regardless of their location...did anyone else get that email?

supa
19-04-2013, 03:12 PM

correct me if i am wrong (or if you even know) kurri actually have quite a few players on their roster now that would not have been out of place in a Weston state league reserve grade team a few years ago?

seldom
19-04-2013, 03:14 PM
Carn Stoco

Wilso8948
19-04-2013, 03:15 PM
i must have missed the memo that zone league clubs were able to 'choose' state league/first division players regardless of their location...did anyone else get that email?

Sorry mate. We "apparently" snapped them all up.
Can't wait for the bero game I know a few of your mates from back tenambit way and by the sounds of it it'll be a ripper of a game! Can't wait.
Ps well said rolo

rolo
19-04-2013, 03:18 PM
correct me if i am wrong (or if you even know) kurri actually have quite a few players on their roster now that would not have been out of place in a Weston state league reserve grade team a few years ago?

surely both keepers from rd 1 are included in that, cause they were both outstanding!

supa
19-04-2013, 03:21 PM
Sorry mate. We "apparently" snapped them all up.
Can't wait for the bero game I know a few of your mates from back tenambit way and by the sounds of it it'll be a ripper of a game! Can't wait.
Ps well said rolo
always last to know..
you are right about one thing, it will be a ripper of a game! however you are wrong about one thing also, no mates from tenambit! :roflz:

namwob99
19-04-2013, 03:22 PM
Will you bloody get back to your own comps forum...ya pest!!

supa
19-04-2013, 03:27 PM
surely both keepers from rd 1 are included in that, cause they were both outstanding!
can play the game!

supa
19-04-2013, 03:28 PM

sorry which bero is in this comp again?! united or FC? :sparring:

rolo
19-04-2013, 03:31 PM

can you blame him? the rest of the threads are boring compared to ours! haha

supa
19-04-2013, 03:34 PM
can you blame him? the rest of the threads are boring compared to ours! haha
i just go where the action is...and the beer!

The roosta
19-04-2013, 03:35 PM
The keeper who played ressies is a field player normally but put his hand up cause the ressies keeper couldn't play and the keeper who played most of 1st grade from memory did play at Weston back in the day he probably still could play at that level

Wilso8948
19-04-2013, 03:36 PM
always last to know..
you are right about one thing, it will be a ripper of a game! however you are wrong about one thing also, no mates from tenambit! :roflz:

Maybe not in ZL but heard ya have some mates in all age ;)

supa
19-04-2013, 03:40 PM
Maybe not in ZL but heard ya have some mates in all age ;)
yeah thats where they hide all their good blokes! :pissup:

BB2300
19-04-2013, 04:42 PM
I hope you berro boys enjoy cold sea breezes! It's going to be icy at shark park tomoz muhahahaha enjoy!

hawk
19-04-2013, 04:52 PM
yep. definitely no players that high can go there. oh the injust. forget about the tossers get out there and belt each other... I mean play some footy

hawk
19-04-2013, 04:54 PM
I hope you berro boys enjoy cold sea breezes! It's going to be icy at shark park tomoz muhahahaha enjoy!

ever played a night game in bero in winter? geeez, ball is a block of ice

Buddha
19-04-2013, 04:57 PM
Go isotopes

ManUTDSupporter
19-04-2013, 05:07 PM

Cheers
Rolo

No sour Grapes here mate, Win or lose we were stoked with last year. Came through late knocking over the Premiers to make the semi's and then beating them again to get through to the Final.
Just thought BB2230 comments were not needed, saying Kurri were rubbish and what ever else he threw out there with!
And Wilso8948 - if you don't what added pressure why is there fellas near the beginning of the thread constantly saying you guys have lots of nbn players etc, along with every match report on here or other division, stating you guys either should of won by much more, they only scored because of a error in our defence or that on another day (when you lost) stocko would have won it. I can understand teams have off days, but you guys claim it every game and then you say you don't want added pressure? Anywho good luck to all teams this wkd, Stockton chat out. enjoy the beers and definitely a big game at Corroba oval

Stoko R DaBomb
19-04-2013, 05:28 PM
No sour Grapes here mate, Win or lose we were stoked with last year. Came through late knocking over the Premiers to make the semi's and then beating them again to get through to the Final.
Just thought BB2230 comments were not needed, saying Kurri were rubbish and what ever else he threw out there with!
And Wilso8948 - if you don't what added pressure why is there fellas near the beginning of the thread constantly saying you guys have lots of nbn players etc, along with every match report on here or other division, stating you guys either should of won by much more, they only scored because of a error in our defence or that on another day (when you lost) stocko would have won it. I can understand teams have off days, but you guys claim it every game and then you say you don't want added pressure? Anywho good luck to all teams this wkd, Stockton chat out. enjoy the beers and definitely a big game at Corroba oval

Thankyou for pointing out the very reasons this piss taking character was created. No affiliation with Stoko at all so please don't hold anything said here by DaBomb against them. Amazing that 4 strategic posts caused such a fuss. Thanks to that Stoko guy that initially supported DaBomb sighting friendly banter, ultimately deciding the friendly banter had gone too far once piss taking was recognized. Apologies to Kurri who wore the brunt of an attack by someone else that certainly took it too far. Enjoyed clashes in the past with Kurri and hopefully will look forward to future clashes with them. A final note good luck to all teams that play Stoko this season and in future seasons may the Corroba Doctor blow swiftly at your backs and lead you to victory. Da Bomb over and out.

The roosta
19-04-2013, 06:17 PM
All good mate everyone should enjoy a bit of banter it's what makes the forum and has seemed to make our comp a good read on here lol
And yeah keen as for round 2 hopefully we have 2 full teams should make for a good match up
Good luck everyone this weekend and hopefully plenty of goals to talk about

rolo
19-04-2013, 06:31 PM

You saying that Stocko is the only team on the forum that gives biased match reports :\ surely not.
If we give a report that may be lopsided toward us maybe it's because we feel we had played extremely well and done enough to win one of these said games. Is there something wrong with that? Us almost achieving what we had set out to do. Having said that we have had a very strong pre season. Not to say it guarantees success for the season but we have matched if not beaten a lot of teams in divisions much better than us so we are happy with ourselves and where we are heading. For some reason you take that as cockiness. I'm sorry you see it that way. We just believe in what we have created and what we do.
As for all these state league players we have signed. Do you really think state league players are going to come and play id3s instead of getting paid to play? Clearly it was said in jest and I feel your pessimism has clouded your judgement of us again. If you really think nbn players would rather Stockton just because we said so you're a little gullible.
Next thing you will believe that we have stocko boys Tom smart on our coaching stuff, Chris Berlin on a pre contract for 2014 and Luke Stawski training with us. ;) or do we?

Wilso8948
19-04-2013, 06:33 PM

Because that's what has happened in each game.. U forget to mention when we say we were out played by kotara or outplayed by medowie and extremely lucky to come away with the win. And everyone has been talking each other up. Hence why u came on here and raved about your new club shirts and how it'll make u a better team. I don't care your original post about everyone hating on us and cheering against us in the grand final were not warranted. To say that just points out the kind of person u are. Keep it to do with football and leave the personal attacks out of it

Wilso8948
19-04-2013, 06:54 PM
You saying that Stocko is the only team on the forum that gives biased match reports :\ surely not.
If we give a report that may be lopsided toward us maybe it's because we feel we had played extremely well and done enough to win one of these said games. Is there something wrong with that? Us almost achieving what we had set out to do. Having said that we have had a very strong pre season. Not to say it guarantees success for the season but we have matched if not beaten a lot of teams in divisions much better than us so we are happy with ourselves and where we are heading. For some reason you take that as cockiness. I'm sorry you see it that way. We just believe in what we have created and what we do.
As for all these state league players we have signed. Do you really think state league players are going to come and play id3s instead of getting paid to play? Clearly it was said in jest and I feel your pessimism has clouded your judgement of us again. If you really think nbn players would rather Stockton just because we said so you're a little gullible.
Next thing you will believe that we have stocko boys Tom smart on our coaching stuff, Chris Berlin on a pre contract for 2014 and Luke Stawski training with us. ;) or do we?
Lol the wee Waa brawler

ManUTDSupporter
19-04-2013, 07:12 PM

Mate I think the difference is I see it every year from you guys. If i was new on here, i probably wouldn't know any different.
Sorry mate the names listed don't mean anything to me, don't follow it.
Any way had enough talking about Stockton. All the best for the wkd!

Dungog will hopefully sneak a win this wkd, but i think rd 3 will definitely be where we hopefully hit full steam ahead! Not because of the new warm up jersies though

namwob99
20-04-2013, 08:21 AM
Any news Rolo? Copped a fair bit of rain I heard!!

Wilso8948
20-04-2013, 08:31 AM

Don't think we will call it off till late mate. Stocko is normally pretty good in the rain we just need it to ease off which it seems to be doing. Ill keep you posted

Youaskedforit
20-04-2013, 08:36 AM
Yeah suppose to ease off, from last years experience, how does the tech oval ( simbas ground ) go in the wet ? Id imagine gets very wet pretty quick ?

rolo
20-04-2013, 08:37 AM

Should be right to go mate. Few wet patches but we have plenty of sand close by that can solve that problem ;)

FiftyEight
20-04-2013, 08:48 AM
Should be right to go mate. Few wet patches but we have plenty of sand close by that can solve that problem ;)
That's good news itching for a game of football.

Wilso8948
20-04-2013, 08:49 AM
Yeah suppose to ease off, from last years experience, how does the tech oval ( simbas ground ) go in the wet ? Id imagine gets very wet pretty quick ?

Mate it gets wet pretty quick. Next to the storm water drain and also they have no grass coverage inside box where the keeper stands so I imagine that pools up pretty quick. Also lets just say they aren't the best organised club

Youaskedforit
20-04-2013, 09:21 AM
Wet weather line says only three grounds called off ?

athletic track, king park and jesmond park

ManUTDSupporter
20-04-2013, 09:40 AM
Dungog v kurri at Dungog is definitely ON

Youaskedforit
20-04-2013, 09:53 AM
Toronto will be turning up at simba at least, see what the ref says, hope it goes ahead.

Youaskedforit
20-04-2013, 11:56 AM
Simba v Toronto Awaba is now postponed

Cabaye#4
20-04-2013, 01:11 PM
Any games on today??

ManUTDSupporter
20-04-2013, 01:15 PM
Dungog v kurri is still on

Cabaye#4
20-04-2013, 01:17 PM
Dungog v kurri is still on

Im keen to watch some football, but not THAT keen...
Any newcastle grounds open?

Wilso8948
20-04-2013, 04:48 PM
Stocko v bero rescheduled to Tuesday night

ManUTDSupporter
20-04-2013, 05:35 PM
Dungog v kurri
Res: 1 - 1
Firsts: 5 - 2
Ressies for Dungog missed chances early and couldn't play like they did last week. Bit o well kurri were unlucky late:
Firsts: wow, like bero said last about themselves, we were ordinary at best. Very wet and was a terrible game. Last 15 Dungog put a couple away and played a bit better. Both teams had a lot of chances from mistakes, but yeah terrible at best lol showed we can score though

Retro Jet
20-04-2013, 06:49 PM
Mayfield Jnrs v Cooks Hill
I only know Res so far: 0 all
and 1st grade DID play.

Text just in.
Mayfield 0 Cooks Hill 2

Wilso8948
21-04-2013, 04:37 PM
Was the simba toronto game called off?

Youaskedforit
21-04-2013, 05:36 PM
Yes was postponed

Wilso8948
21-04-2013, 05:55 PM
Yes was postponed

Till when?

Youaskedforit
21-04-2013, 09:27 PM
Not sure, I think it's simbas call as it was their home game, but I'd imagine this week some time

AVB
23-04-2013, 01:28 PM
Any match reports from the weekend?

Wilso8948
23-04-2013, 03:25 PM
Any match reports from the weekend?

Only two games were played. Bero v stocko play tonight. Look on the previous page

AVB
23-04-2013, 03:42 PM
Anyone got report for the Mayfield V Cooks Hill Match? How were the conditions pretty wet I imagine?

Youaskedforit
23-04-2013, 05:38 PM
Simba v Toronto Awaba next Wednesday May 1 at Stephenson Park.

Big week for awaba
Stockton Sunday
Simba Wednesday
Beresfield Saturday

Buddha
23-04-2013, 10:28 PM
Stockton v Bero

Ressies 3-0 Stockton, Could be a good year for reserve grade, strong team with a few who wouldnt look out of place in firsts

Firsts 2-2, Pen in the last minute for Bero cancelled out earlier pen for Stocko, personally going thru the back to win a header is a bit of a silly rule if you ask me, you can't not go thru the back to win it sometimes, but thats why we have rules to get debatable topics like this. Good set of blokes and will be a great season for Bero.

Wilso8948
23-04-2013, 10:35 PM
Stockton v bero reserves 3-0 stocko firsts 2-2.
Great game in firsts really feel pretty flat about it after that result. Stocko created a really nice goal from the back to finish back stick. We went really flat after that and got a bit surprised being in the lead and looked long rather than playing to feet. Bero then scored when I got caught ball watching from a nod on and I think I'm right in saying "namwob" showed great pace to out run me and keep composure to slide it passed out keeper?? After this we looked to nullify this at the back and switch us backs so that I had the job on the number 9 who held the ball well and we put a quick pesty defender on namwob. Is that right mate? First half was marred by a terrible ref decision in which a bero defender handled the ball clearly so it didn't cross the line. He admitted after that but could have been a game changer with one send off and us going 1 goal up at half time. It wasn't to be and a few yellows later we moved on haha. We pushed hard in the second half and created a few very decent chances and bero did very well to counter and we had to be extremely careful on the break cause they are a quality side in transition. We were then awarded a pen when bero defender slid in from behind and caught our keeper. At 2-1 with 20 mins to go we then defended our hearts out and it sucked that off a corner one of our players pushed a bero player to ground and the ref pointed to the spot. 50/50 ball and we took the pen hard but hopefully didn't complain too much. We were just so disappointed that a tense game came down to that decision and suppose was hard to take with the clear pen in the first half. I'm sure the bero boys would be stoked that got away with a draw and will certainly be pushing for all 3 points come their home ground game. We took it hard almost as a loss but extremely proud of the boys. Just wanna say thanks to the bero boys for a quality game. There was plenty of scrap and hard tackles but no one spat at each other and everyone played the game to great spirits. Quality side too and will be surprised if anyone can match them. Ps this is just my two bob and hopefully haven't offended any bero boys in my analysis. Do not get me wrong u were a quality opposition and your gameplan almost came off. Well done

namwob99
23-04-2013, 11:01 PM
Namwob showing great pace!! If only you knew how funny that quote was. Lol. I was the one standing on and pacing the sideline bud.

Lucky to get the point, but all in all it was proly a fair result!! Was a good game to watch.

Wilso8948
23-04-2013, 11:05 PM
Namwob showing great pace!! If only you knew how funny that quote was. Lol. I was the one standing on and pacing the sideline bud.

Lucky to get the point, but all in all it was proly a fair result!! Was a good game to watch.

Hahaha well I totally got it wrong then. He was ****ing lightning but I think it helped when we switched. Yeh good game probably a good result because it puts the rest of the comp on notice and doesn't put either of us under too much pressure

Neally
23-04-2013, 11:10 PM
Hahaha well I totally got it wrong then. He was ****ing lightning but I think it helped when we switched. Yeh good game probably a good result because it puts the rest of the comp on notice and doesn't put either of us under too much pressure

told ya im quick Namwob! i think this is a bit over the top though lol

namwob99
23-04-2013, 11:13 PM

I'm the quick one. Go back to stalking the forum and not posting!!

Wilso8948
23-04-2013, 11:16 PM

Haha lie mate I ain't slow and u had me! I think I got caught ball watching tho so u got the jump.. Well that's the story I'm sticking with anyway ;) haha

Buddha
23-04-2013, 11:30 PM
Nealy you are pedestrian!! At least compared to me. Namwob is quick...to the esky at least. Did Trace play tonight Neally? Still got his Moses hair and beard?

supa
23-04-2013, 11:36 PM
sprint off next week at training? haha

namwob99
23-04-2013, 11:43 PM
sprint off next week at training? haha
Well it didn't take you bloody long did it?

Nealy you are pedestrian!! At least compared to me. Namwob is quick...to the esky at least. Did Trace play tonight Neally? Still got his Moses hair and beard?
Half way through the first and they turn the lights off on us.

Bon
24-04-2013, 08:36 AM

Hahaha That is Neally's specialty.. A lurker of the highest order..

Neally
24-04-2013, 08:56 AM
Hahaha That is Neally's specialty.. A lurker of the highest order..

You know me all too well Bon!

shark attack
24-04-2013, 01:59 PM
yes you do have a big week , funny , no disrespect but as your name says youaskedforit lol , just couldnt go pass that one , see you guys on sunday.

Wilso8948
26-04-2013, 08:20 AM
Who's got some predictions for this week?
Simba v cooks hill
Kurri v bero
Dungog v mayf
Toronto v stocko

I'm thinking
Draw
Bero
Draw
Stocko

Youaskedforit
26-04-2013, 10:41 AM
draw
bero
dungog
draw

controlzone
26-04-2013, 11:21 AM
draw
bero
dungog
draw

+1

ManUTDSupporter
26-04-2013, 02:53 PM
The week we thought we would be hitting our stride we end up having 4 first grade players out :/
Still believe we can get a win with our depth.
Draw
Bero
Dungog
Stocko

Buddha
26-04-2013, 05:55 PM
Simba
Kurri
Dungog
Stocko

What will be interesting will be how many of the younger players across all grades and comps will be playing this weekend due to Groovin The Moo.

Buddha
27-04-2013, 05:29 PM
Simba v Cooks Hill,
RG 2-1 Simba
FG 3-1 Simba

The roosta
27-04-2013, 06:06 PM
Kurri v bero
Ressies
Kurri 1 - bero 0

1st grade
Kurri 2 - bero 0