PDA

View Full Version : L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15

Retro Jet
03-12-2018, 09:48 PM
I just watched a replay of the goal...lots and lots of times :grin:
van Dijk - hooks it and turns his back. Gives up on it.
"Nah...that's into touch."
Unfortunately I haven't seen a camera angle of him watching what unfolded after Pickford's blunder.
Best assist he'll ever make...or does that credit go to Pickford? :roflz:

Loving Klopp and his crazy German antics more and more.

Anyone here done a game at Ka-fey?

Bon
04-12-2018, 02:56 PM
Anyone here done a game at Ka-fey?

I haven't, yet.. But am keen to.
One of the boys in our team goes down there to watch regularly, says its pretty good..

Retro Jet
06-12-2018, 10:17 AM
I haven't, yet.. But am keen to.
One of the boys in our team goes down there to watch regularly, says its pretty good..

Would have been good there this morning.
Come from behind win. Players rested.
Mo's outside of the left foot pass to Shaqiri :wub:

Premy
12-12-2018, 09:57 AM
My god we did that the hard way.

Retro Jet
12-12-2018, 06:21 PM
My god we did that the hard way.

Mane made that more painful than it needed to be.
I hope he's got them well and truly out of his system now.

Retro Jet
22-12-2018, 10:23 AM
Fun night here in Germany.
8:30pm Dortmund v GladBags on the Fehnseher with the father in law.
9pm Red time KO - Mo & Virgil doin' it at Molineux (Footylight App TYVM)
Outlaws couldn't believe I was watching 2 games at once!

Watched the ManUre game in Vienna. Geez it's good watching games in this time zone.

Merry Xmas everyone.
:brrr:

De-Champ
22-12-2018, 10:25 AM
Fun night here in Germany.
8:30pm Dortmund v GladBags on the Fehnseher with the father in law.
9pm Red time KO - Mo & Virgil doin' it at Molineux (Footylight App TYVM)
Outlaws couldn't believe I was watching 2 games at once!

Watched the ManUre game in Vienna. Geez it's good watching games in this time zone.

Merry Xmas everyone.
:brrr:

spoilt for choice

plague
22-12-2018, 11:29 AM
only 2 teams in the past 10 (?) years have been top at Christmas and NOT gone on to win the Prem.

Both times were Liverpool.

Sleep well Kopites.

StannyCFCJET
28-12-2018, 01:53 AM
Salah is a diving ****

Jeterpool
28-12-2018, 07:12 AM
Salah is a diving ****

No Chelsea player has EVER gone down softly under a challenge. Have they.

Bremsstrahlung
28-12-2018, 07:19 AM
https://www.goal.com/en-gb/lists/revealed-the-most-prolific-premier-league-divers/kapxoma80mjn1bclt7mda3y2w

Bremsstrahlung
28-12-2018, 07:20 AM
https://www.goal.com/en-gb/lists/revealed-the-most-prolific-premier-league-divers/kapxoma80mjn1bclt7mda3y2w

To save you reading, the winners are Chelsea.

Frodo
28-12-2018, 08:37 AM

Don't you live it when Stanny walks himself straight into I?

But, that doesn't justify Salah diving. I do think he should have been suspended for it IMO. He put the slightest hand on his shoulder and he threw himself to the ground. But it's in the game now, if there's a chance it was foul then it doesn't matter what the player does, it's a pen. (The suspension is only because a Pen was awarded and converted, and I think the ref was deceived to award the pen.)

plague
28-12-2018, 08:51 AM
i was watching one of those stupid soccer shows with the stupid people on it the oter night and they were falling over themselves about a challenge from Luiz in the Chelsea game that was a classic shoulder to shoulder bump.
It was solid contact, in the box and the Watford (?) dude hit the ground hard. These stupid soccer hot take experts rabbled on for a good few minutes whether it was a pen or not, but made sure to tell all and sundry that Luiz is a stupid head for even trying to tackle someone in the box (note: one fo the dudes on the show absolutely HATES David Luiz).

Anyway after the 'debate' about the Chelsea one, they played the Salah one and the same dude (a former Liverpool player) spent 3 sec going "oh yeah its not a good look" then moved on to the next thing.

In conclusion: Salah is getting a free ride from the press (and refs) at the moment because he dives, a lot.

MFKS
28-12-2018, 11:15 AM
Salah is a diving ****

You watch Hazard play with your eyes closed do you ??

StannyCFCJET
28-12-2018, 11:39 AM

Oh they have but it's time to start making examples of divers to stop it for good.

StannyCFCJET
28-12-2018, 11:41 AM
You watch Hazard play with your eyes closed do you ??

Hazard is one of the only attackers I see who tries to remain on his feet

plague
28-12-2018, 11:52 AM
Scientists have discovered that more than one person can be a diver, and that criticism of one doesn't mean defending the other.

MFKS
28-12-2018, 12:51 PM
Hazard is one of the only attackers I see who tries to remain on his feet

LoL

You couldnt lie straight in bed

Bremsstrahlung
28-12-2018, 01:23 PM
So the FA reviewed the incident and deemed it acceptable?
Imo, he’s gone down very easy and made the most of it. Was there contact? Yes. Would it have been a free kick on halfway? Yeh, probably.

MFKS
28-12-2018, 01:43 PM
So the FA reviewed the incident and deemed it acceptable?
Imo, he’s gone down very easy and made the most of it. Was there contact? Yes. Would it have been a free kick on halfway? Yeh, probably.

Deemed it acceptable??

It not like FA Fifa or any organisation actually takes the issue of diving and simulation seriously

Just the odd token gesture of nailing some nobody for it

Frodo
28-12-2018, 02:46 PM
Deemed it acceptable??

It not like FA Fifa or any organisation actually takes the issue of diving and simulation seriously

Just the odd token gesture of nailing some nobody for it

If it was Brooks for Bournemouth or anyone from Newcastle/Fulham/Southampton they would "make an example" but they can't go around sanctioning anyone from the top 6 because there's already too many divers who've gotten away with it to start now.

plague
28-12-2018, 03:12 PM
But the video review cant punish for degrees of contact can they?
The Salah one had contact, and he milked it.
I only thought review was for cases where there was clearly no contact.

MFKS
28-12-2018, 05:01 PM
But the video review cant punish for degrees of contact can they?
The Salah one had contact, and he milked it.
I only thought review was for cases where there was clearly no contact.

But that where they actually need to start addressing it

It isnt like most bits of diving aint involving some form of challenge whether it be light or heavy contact

It up to the governing bodies to grow a pair and rub the likes of Salah out for his hystronics for minimal contact made

Jeterpool
28-12-2018, 06:19 PM
Oh they have but it's time to start making examples of divers to stop it for good.

I'm not saying Salah is a saint but he regularly rides challenges. What about the one he has studs raked down his Achilles to on my stay up and score a few touches later?

StannyCFCJET
28-12-2018, 07:13 PM
I'm not saying Salah is a saint but he regularly rides challenges. What about the one he has studs raked down his Achilles to on my stay up and score a few touches later?

Yeah it happens but still need to do something extreme to stop diving once and for all

Jetmaster
28-12-2018, 08:58 PM
I am the only one in my family who hates Liverpool.....but that was a penalty. Only other big 6 fans would think otherwise.
No different to the "definite" foul on Redmayne in Perth last week.

plague
28-12-2018, 09:29 PM

It isnt like most bits of diving aint involving some form of challenge whether it be light or heavy contact

It up to the governing bodies to grow a pair and rub the likes of Salah out for his hystronics for minimal contact made

yeah right pal just ask Bruce Lee what 'minimal contact' feels like.
https://i.giphy.com/media/l41m1H2BYnLRV26QM/100.webp

https://media2.giphy.com/media/h2vN09FpnOdGw/200w.webp?cid=3640f6095c25ec8f68427a4b732e6b0f

https://media1.giphy.com/media/sbC9BvOAg0HV6/200w.webp?cid=3640f6095c25ed213030326f5107a5bb

Premy
29-12-2018, 08:23 AM
minimal contact made
Yeah you're right. The defender should have stop trying to pull him back after he missed him on the first attempt.

Frodo
29-12-2018, 08:35 AM
Yeah you're right. The defender should have stop trying to pull him back after he missed him on the first attempt.

https://streamja.com/1KXk
He did try to pull him back, but failed. Salah then acted like he had succeeded.

Bremsstrahlung
29-12-2018, 09:29 AM
He did try to pull him back, but failed. Salah then acted like he had succeeded.

Imo, those angles show stupid unnecessary contact. If I’m Rafa, I’m saying why do you try to pull him as you run across his line? It’s only ending one way.
There’s one angle that makes it look worse.
But watching it in true speed I don’t think the ref makes a bad call.
And if “VAR” looks at it, they’ll see contact that pulls his shoulder back and he goes down.

I always reference Suarez because I think he was the Ramos of attackers when he played. I remember when he went through a few games where he was flicking the ball up into defenders arms, he actually played for contact and went down rather theatrically. If there’s contact made at a player driving into the box 9/10 times it’s gonna be a pen.

Bremsstrahlung
29-12-2018, 09:34 AM

Why??

Bloke is a gun at drawing fouls

Why shouldnt he be marvelled at??

I will point out he probably just in in the top 10 his country has produced but that isnt a blight when you consider Pele Romario Ronaldo Ronaldhinio Zico etc

Premy
29-12-2018, 10:39 AM

So if he never tried then Salah would have looked like a fool.

Premy
29-12-2018, 10:41 AM
Bremsstrahlung wins the internet for the day :lulz:

StannyCFCJET
29-12-2018, 12:24 PM
If be fine with a massive ban for any player who did what Salah did, Hazard Drogba who cares. Diving is ****ed and needs to be stopped but that's up to the refs getting a backbone

MFKS
29-12-2018, 01:03 PM

So your point is what??

I am all for diving.and the black arts

If the authorities want to do something about it then they need to start rubbing blokes out like Salah for exaggerating contact like he did the other day

Bremsstrahlung
29-12-2018, 01:24 PM
If be fine with a massive ban for any player who did what Salah did, Hazard Drogba who cares. Diving is ****ed and needs to be stopped but that's up to the refs getting a backbone

Just amused most that Salah was the one who seemed to be the final straw.

I got not much of a problem with players Going to ground following contact, minus the exuberant theatrics and swan dives.
If the ref seems enough contact to be a free kick or pen, so be it. The rules are there, make contact and you gamble with the refs leniency. It’s as close to black and white as you can get. If there’s contact, refs call.

No contact is a different story. Plain deception and the definition of simulation.

Same with time wasting “injury concerns” in the last 5 minutes, slowing down throw ins and goal kicks, it’s part of players seeing how much they can get away with. Refs make a decision on the field on what they think.

I think Salah goes down easy. Did old mate actually make a play at the ball or play the player? My money is he played the player. I don’t really have a problem with it. I think there’s just as much controversy if he gives a yellow for diving because everyone will be saying that there was contact.
The grey area in the middle is not giving anything. And that fall into the “there was contact, but not enough” category which is even more vague.

StannyCFCJET
29-12-2018, 02:15 PM
Just amused most that Salah was the one who seemed to be the final straw.

I got not much of a problem with players Going to ground following contact, minus the exuberant theatrics and swan dives.
If the ref seems enough contact to be a free kick or pen, so be it. The rules are there, make contact and you gamble with the refs leniency. It’s as close to black and white as you can get. If there’s contact, refs call.

No contact is a different story. Plain deception and the definition of simulation.

Same with time wasting “injury concerns” in the last 5 minutes, slowing down throw ins and goal kicks, it’s part of players seeing how much they can get away with. Refs make a decision on the field on what they think.

I think Salah goes down easy. Did old mate actually make a play at the ball or play the player? My money is he played the player. I don’t really have a problem with it. I think there’s just as much controversy if he gives a yellow for diving because everyone will be saying that there was contact.
The grey area in the middle is not giving anything. And that fall into the “there was contact, but not enough” category which is even more vague.

If that all it takes for Salah to go down bloke must be a nightmare in supermarkets

Bremsstrahlung
29-12-2018, 04:41 PM
If that all it takes for Salah to go down bloke must be a nightmare in supermarkets

And a legendary lover

Frodo
29-12-2018, 04:42 PM
And a legendary lover

No, this is the best post in this discussion.

Well done sir.

plague
29-12-2018, 10:50 PM

also: time wasting is currently punished by a yellow card, which is dumb because it generally just wastes more time issuing the card.
they should punish the offence with an indirect free kick to the other team at the point of the indiscretion.

e.g. a goalie takes forever to restart from a goal kick, give an indirect free on the edge of the 6 yard box where the ball was placed.
dude taking forever with a throw in, same goes, indirect free on the sideline where the throw should have been.

i think that would stop a lot of the nonsense.

baldrick
30-12-2018, 07:14 AM
Redwah is just going to be impossible when I see him next.:dry:

Bremsstrahlung
30-12-2018, 07:29 AM
also: time wasting is currently punished by a yellow card, which is dumb because it generally just wastes more time issuing the card.
they should punish the offence with an indirect free kick to the other team at the point of the indiscretion.

e.g. a goalie takes forever to restart from a goal kick, give an indirect free on the edge of the 6 yard box where the ball was placed.
dude taking forever with a throw in, same goes, indirect free on the sideline where the throw should have been.

i think that would stop a lot of the nonsense.

Well yeh, so is “simulation”. My point was more it fall into a spectrum and it’s adjudication varies referee to referee, stage in each match. There’s no “timer”. 30 seconds in the opening 10 minutes may be acceptable for most refs. But in the 85th minute, winning 1-0, not so much. Players will see what they can get away with.

An indirect free kick would be very interesting. The above problem would still exist though.
When I reffed, sometimes I used to count how many seconds the first goal kick took. Just for a bit of a benchmark.

Bremsstrahlung
30-12-2018, 07:29 AM
But screw all that.
What a win.

plague
30-12-2018, 08:55 AM
well, what an interesting time for us to be discussing pens and simulation.

My thoughts:
1. The 1st Salah one was legit. The bloke was trying to tackle him from behind (which you cant do regardless). There was contact, so good call.
2. The Lovern one was some bullshit. I get you are trying to get rid of shoving and pushing in the box from set pieces, but that was a weird one to use as the tipping point.
3. The Lacazette one was a good call. Didnt see any contact (commentators were adamant there was) and then he took another few steps before going down. ref was in a good spot, correct non call.

Bremsstrahlung
30-12-2018, 09:48 AM
Would’ve been content if ref called all 3.

First one - pen. Has 2-3 cracks at him.
Second one - it’s a helluva push in the back. But yeh, can see that stuff on corners every day, so not much of a problem if it’s not given.
Third one - if they reckon he kicks his toe, I could live with a pen. But similar to number 2, if this is a pen, number 2 is also.

plague
30-12-2018, 06:53 PM
one thing flying under the radar though all this.

Klopp is an A grade smartass in his press conferences. His one post match today was sublime. Pretty much called the press a bunch of broke ass clown but did it in a way that the press laughed along with him.

has been great to watch.

plague
30-12-2018, 06:56 PM
oh man oh man, Klopp gonna win the title and the first sign of him falling behind next year they gonna ship his ass to Siberia and put Stevie G in charge arent they.

this is gonna be brilliant.

redwah
30-12-2018, 06:58 PM
Redwah is just going to be impossible when I see him next.:dry:

You won’t even have to see me...5-1

plague
30-12-2018, 07:01 PM
"What you [the media] all create and I get that, how can you not be positive about us? But you are the first if we drop three points and the next headline is: 'Are they nervous now?' That's an easy job. I would love to be in your situation, still earn the money I earn, but be in your situation. We cannot play that game and we don't do it.

bhahahahahahahahaha

Bremsstrahlung
04-01-2019, 08:22 AM
Can’t wait to see all the embarrassing posts showing the angle that looks like that ball is in the back of the net with no clue about deceptive camera angles.

But wow, as I say that, they show the goal line replay. There must be millimetres in that.

boz-monaut
04-01-2019, 08:24 AM
those millimetres will be the difference that hands City the Premier League

Bremsstrahlung
04-01-2019, 08:25 AM
100%.
City are playing well.

Bremsstrahlung
04-01-2019, 08:27 AM
City look intent on winning.
We look intent on not losing.

Bremsstrahlung
04-01-2019, 08:41 AM
That’s been coming. They want this game more.

Retro Jet
04-01-2019, 08:53 AM
If Manė could shoot, he'd be miles ahead of where Aubameyang, Kane & Salah are now.

Jeterpool
04-01-2019, 09:13 AM

1.12cm apparently.

Jeterpool
04-01-2019, 09:22 AM
Looking better since the change.

And there's a goal

Jeterpool
04-01-2019, 09:43 AM
Tense.

Jeterpool
04-01-2019, 09:56 AM
Not the result I wanted, and not the quality at times you'd expect from both teams, but an enthralling match nonetheless.

Liverpool started slow and City punished them. Very few chances but those that were presented were taken. A game on millimeters in the end.

The title race is definitely on.

MFKS
04-01-2019, 10:04 AM
More proof that Salah goes missing in big games

boz-monaut
04-01-2019, 10:11 AM
1.12cm apparently.

so 11.2 millimetres

I question the technology's capacity to measure the ball to 0.1 of a millimetre

and there will be articles written using that almost goal as an analogy - a city mistake brought Liverpool so close etc etc but then City ran away with the title

plague
04-01-2019, 10:20 AM
loved the commentator telling everyone at the start of the game that only 1 team in the history of the 1st division has not won the title after going 20 unbeaten.

Rodgers lost the title trying to be cute against Chelsea, and Jose outsmarted him.

Still fully expect Liverpool to win the title, all the math and history says so.

Reakon the title gets decided this weekend. If Liverpool come out and smash whoever they are playing, then its done.

but it wouldnt shock me if they dropped points either.

plague
04-01-2019, 11:08 AM
also:
David Sliva's hair???????

Bernado Silva is a gun but geez he was a whiny little bitch all game today.

pv4
04-01-2019, 11:09 AM
As an Arsenal fan I am overwhelmingly happy that Liverpool got at least one loss :rof::oops:

MFKS
04-01-2019, 12:07 PM
As an Arsenal fan I am overwhelmingly happy that Liverpool got at least one loss :rof::oops:

At least 1??

Season aint over yet

StannyCFCJET
04-01-2019, 12:23 PM
City doing the world a favour

Jeterpool
04-01-2019, 12:27 PM

:violin:

boz-monaut
04-01-2019, 12:31 PM

this has crossed the line into plain trolling - one more like this and you can take some time off the forum to go be obsessed with Liverpool through other channels

Jeterpool
04-01-2019, 12:36 PM

It was almost the 3 points they got back after missing the penalty at Anfield earlier in the season.

I'm looking at that game as one both sides took in isolation. One where they threw almost all their structure and approach out the window.

I expect there will be a raft of changes for Wolves on Saturday and give many of the essential players like Salah, Van Dijk, Robertson, Firmino a well deserved rest.

plague
04-01-2019, 12:37 PM

Arsenal only 1 win from the title spot ATM.
we got this.

boz-monaut
04-01-2019, 12:41 PM
I hear so much more from anti-Liverpool wankers going on about how painful it would be if they won than Liverpool fans

the thing is there aren't actually many Liverpool fans who think that they will win this year, here on this forum or anywhere else - the vast majority I talk to think that City will take this, they've got the squad depth that all that cash can buy them

plague
04-01-2019, 12:43 PM
I expect there will be a raft of changes for Wolves on Saturday and give many of the essential players like Salah, Van Dijk, Robertson, Firmino a well deserved rest.

i reakon hes suicidal doing that.

Citeh have just had their 'lean spell' over the past 6 odd games and are only 4 points off.
Liverpool have their first hiccup and only 4 points in front.

they need to put the hammer down over the next few rounds and keep at least this gap.

Jeterpool
04-01-2019, 01:11 PM

Citeh have just had their 'lean spell' over the past 6 odd games and are only 4 points off.

they need to put the hammer down over the next few rounds and keep at least this gap.

The Wolves game is the FA Cup - that's Tuesday morning I think. I would rest them for the FA Cup and bring them back for Brighton the following weekend.

MFKS
04-01-2019, 01:15 PM

City were on top of the table December 8

Thst less than 1 month ago and the title was all but Liverpools 1 day ago

Things change very quickly and I expecting Liverpool to drop points as the season goes on and the pressure magnifies on them

Jeterpool
04-01-2019, 01:18 PM
City were on top of the table December 8

Thst less than 1 month ago and the title was all but Liverpools 1 day ago

Things change very quickly and I expecting Liverpool to drop points as the season goes on and the pressure magnifies on them

There's pressure on both teams. I think that intensifies for whoever has to play second on the match days. There's pressure to take the opportunity "catch up" if the team playing before drop points, at there's pressure to not have the gap increase if the team playing first win. It works both ways.

I also expect City will drop points too. Neither team is infallible

plague
04-01-2019, 01:44 PM
The Wolves game is the FA Cup - that's Tuesday morning I think. I would rest them for the FA Cup and bring them back for Brighton the following weekend.

oh, yes that is a good plan.
my bad.

plague
04-01-2019, 01:46 PM
There's pressure on both teams.

plus, other teams have shown how to beat city, and thats to play as if youre ok to lose and go hell for leather.

sad part is Liverpool have the best squad in the league to do that and didnt really play that way today.

remember those games a few years back where Coutinho tore Kompany a new ass time and time again.
fun stuff.

they played like a Brendan Rodgers team today. and thats not good.

StannyCFCJET
04-01-2019, 02:01 PM
this has crossed the line into plain trolling - one more like this and you can take some time off the forum to go be obsessed with Liverpool through other channels

Look at social media. Loads of fans of other clubs are celebrating this result. No one outside of liverpool and their fans want them to win it

Jeterpool
04-01-2019, 02:04 PM
they played like a Brendan Rodgers team today. and thats not good.

That's why I expect the week break will do many of them a great deal of good. Start afresh - "welcome to the rest of the season". 2 games into the turn home and they've played City and Arsenal. That's a good thing! City can't play us again in the league.

Watch if Liverpool and City progress to the next UCL round and draw each other - I'd predict the winner will focus on the Champions league, the loser obviously goes all out for the League.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
04-01-2019, 03:34 PM
Look at social media. Loads of fans of other clubs are celebrating this result. No one outside of liverpool and their fans want them to win it

I wouldn't mind, they are a good side.
Also Stanny, how many weeks should Marcos Alonso get for his efforts v Southampton?

plague
04-01-2019, 04:04 PM

you cannot draw absolutes from social media.
I'd argue you cant even find a true 'popular opinion' from social media.

get a new slant.

plague
04-01-2019, 04:10 PM
That's why I expect the week break will do many of them a great deal of good. Start afresh - "welcome to the rest of the season". 2 games into the turn home and they've played City and Arsenal. That's a good thing! City can't play us again in the league.

Watch if Liverpool and City progress to the next UCL round and draw each other - I'd predict the winner will focus on the Champions league, the loser obviously goes all out for the League.

at any time in the last decade taking 3 points from Arsenal and Man City (away) would be a Liverpool wet dream.

if you look at it like City have to be perfect and Liverpool lose twice then everyone would favour Liverpool.

anyway know how many points ahead they were the 'Gerrard slip' season?
didnt they beat City late(ish) in the season and everyone said it was over?

StannyCFCJET
04-01-2019, 04:19 PM
I wouldn't mind, they are a good side.
Also Stanny, how many weeks should Marcos Alonso get for his efforts v Southampton?

Haven't seen the game as Optus didnt have a replay and I was working. If your talking about his performances? He's been average for a little around a month now and Emerson should get a run

Jetmaster
04-01-2019, 04:36 PM
Things balance out - Liverpool have had their luck over the last 18 months v Man City. It catches up with all teams.

Like the Adelaide pen last week balances out the crap handball the Jets got against them last year.

4 1/2 months of EPL still to play - leader at the turn of the year is just something for the media to create stories!

As for social media - anyone who believes that is an accurate measure of popular opinion just needs to look at who the president of the US is. Not a Liverpool fan but would be happy to see them win it - they have built a team without being too flamboyant with the spending.

Negative Police
04-01-2019, 08:20 PM
As I said in the other thread City will walk this. LP are having a decent go.

Cant work out why there's so many anti dickheads going on about LP. Havent won EPL ever. Must be their aids playing up.

Frodo
04-01-2019, 08:21 PM

Stanny, you need to learn about this funny thing called Humour. Intelligent people are saying these things in jest because they know what it will mean to the supporters of the 2nd largest club in England to win the Premier League again after so long. Idiots are saying it seriously because they can't have nice things.

It was the same with England at the world cup.

Bremsstrahlung
04-01-2019, 08:26 PM
Over the years some of the most exciting games have been against City and Arsenal. Always look forward to those games.

You know both teams are gonna have a crack.

I’ve always said, it’s not how you do against the top 4/6. It’s how well you do against the bottom 14. Dropping points against them on a few occasions is what costs you.
Top 6 will always take points off you.

And that’s what city do really well. They boss the bottom 14 teams. They literally have a chat about whether to make it 5 or 6.

StannyCFCJET
04-01-2019, 08:33 PM
Stanny, you need to learn about this funny thing called Humour. Intelligent people are saying these things in jest because they know what it will mean to the supporters of the 2nd largest club in England to win the Premier League again after so long. Idiots are saying it seriously because they can't have nice things.

It was the same with England at the world cup.

Nah if you seriously think fans of the other prem clubs dont care about liverpool winning the prem after putting up with them winning everything in the 80s and then never shutting up about it then your sadly mistaken.

Retro Jet
04-01-2019, 08:43 PM
I can't help thinking there's a bit of a sniff of 'divine right' about City these days.
Leicester was a breath of fresh air...if only for 1 inhalation.

plague
04-01-2019, 09:31 PM
Nah if you seriously think fans of the other prem clubs dont care about liverpool winning the prem after putting up with them winning everything in the 80s and then never shutting up about it then your sadly mistaken.

anyone following Liverpool in those glory days of the 80's would be like [checks calculator]..............at least 78 years old now.
Those people are either dead, or in homes. They certainly aint on the twitterface and instabook like all us cool people.

I think its Manchester United fans you're confusing them with.

Frodo
04-01-2019, 09:39 PM

Re read my post. It is still correct.

Bremsstrahlung
04-01-2019, 09:59 PM
I like that people often have a bit of a dig saying I only follow Liverpool because they are successful. We haven’t won anything of note apart from UCL in my lifetime.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
07-01-2019, 03:33 PM
Haven't seen the game as Optus didnt have a replay and I was working. If your talking about his performances? He's been average for a little around a month now and Emerson should get a run

Talking about his 'simulation'....

Bon
08-01-2019, 09:45 AM
2-1 loss too..
Apparently he had a 16 year old kid out there this morning?

Retro Jet
08-01-2019, 09:52 AM
16yrs 354 days. Youngest reds FA Cup player.
Came on after 6min after Lovren was injured.

9 changes. Good to see Jurgen taking the FA Cup seriously.
Good to see him taking the Champioship seriously too.
:gent:

Jeterpool
08-01-2019, 09:55 AM
Ki Jana-Hoever. Signed during the last transfer window and is highly regarded. He's a Dutch right back (at this stage)

Roundball Enthusiast
08-01-2019, 11:08 AM
Looking forward to the last round of the season and wolves taking the 3.

Premy
08-01-2019, 11:44 AM
Looking forward to the last round of the season and wolves taking the 3.

I'm also looking forward to Leicester taking the 3 points in the last round.

plague
09-01-2019, 11:07 PM
sad to hear Shaquiri is out for the rest of the season, and possibly forever.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1082843684427710464

Imyourhero
09-01-2019, 11:31 PM
Rip

Bon
10-01-2019, 08:57 AM
Hahaha..
Bloody hell, took me a while to work out what was going on there..

Poshpom
12-01-2019, 01:14 AM
anyone following Liverpool in those glory days of the 80's would be like [checks calculator]..............at least 78 years old now.
Those people are either dead, or in homes. They certainly aint on the twitterface and instabook like all us cool people.

I think its Manchester United fans you're confusing them with.

You may be mistaken there, this 61 year old still has all his faculties and expects the season to go down to the last day. He also thinks Stanny should concentrate more on supporting his team than deriding others or their supporters

Although a Liverpool fan, I'm also a football fan and will happily acknowledge the ability of Eden Hazard, David Silva, Deli Ali, Paul Pogba et al and would willingly pay to watch them play, and likewise will happily admit that Louvren worries me, at least he's not Phil Jones though

I get the feeling that although I'm 61 year old , Stanny may only be in his mid teens, at least his level of maturity appears to be!

Jetmaster
13-01-2019, 08:53 PM
They certainly aint on the twitterface and instabook like all us cool people.

Twitbook, MySpace and ICQ here young fella

plague
13-01-2019, 09:01 PM
Man, these are the crappy games they gotta win to get the title... so are they........a........chance?

Bon
14-01-2019, 09:06 AM
Twitbook, MySpace and ICQ here young fella

ICQ!!!! Great times..

boz-monaut
14-01-2019, 09:39 AM
yet here we are on a vBulletin message board, paying out on old tech....

boz-monaut
14-01-2019, 12:49 PM
back on topic

sixteen games to go - where's everyone's predictions for where Liverpool will drop points and when City will overtake?

Bremsstrahlung
14-01-2019, 02:18 PM
I can’t see us beating Manure 5 days after Bayern.
And probably Chelsea because Stanny needs something to talk about here.

StannyCFCJET
14-01-2019, 02:25 PM
You will win it sadly if VVD stays fit. If he gets injured you've got no chance

StannyCFCJET
14-01-2019, 02:26 PM
I can’t see us beating Manure 5 days after Bayern.
And probably Chelsea because Stanny needs something to talk about here.

If we beat you it will be all down to Hazard unless Hudson Odoi gets more starts. Bloke has serious talent

MFKS
14-01-2019, 05:53 PM
You will win it sadly if VVD stays fit. If he gets injured you've got no chance

No doubt VVD is going well but you take Salah out and I think you find Liverpool aint anywhere near as effective in attack as they currently do

StannyCFCJET
14-01-2019, 06:17 PM
No doubt VVD is going well but you take Salah out and I think you find Liverpool aint anywhere near as effective in attack as they currently do

They had Salah last year and won nothing. VVD has been the difference

MFKS
14-01-2019, 06:58 PM
They had Salah last year and won nothing. VVD has been the difference

What I am.implying is if Salah gets injured or is suspended etc then they are nowhere near as effective in attack and regardless of what VVD and co are doing at the back there is no certainty they will score the goals that will be required to win the league

Retro Jet
15-01-2019, 03:18 AM
Had a nice moment here in Austria today when I took the kids skiing. Met an instructor with a pommy accent. Asked him where he was from n of course with me posting it's here it's Liverpool. Red or Blue? He said with a big grin "Reeeeddd"
I sang "Mo Salah, Mo Salah..."
He finishes with "Ronnin' down the wing...."
High fives and we were on our separate ways.
Highlight of the day.

Bon
16-01-2019, 11:14 AM
Was reading an article (probably dodgy) this morning, alleging that James Rodriguez has agreed to join Liverpool - and snubbed Arsenal?
Anyone seen/heard anything factual? Or this just another one of "those" fake-news articles that plague and his woke mates hate?

plague
16-01-2019, 11:24 AM
Was reading an article (probably dodgy) this morning, alleging that James Rodriguez has agreed to join Liverpool - and snubbed Arsenal?
Anyone seen/heard anything factual? Or this just another one of "those" fake-news articles that plague and his woke mates hate?

if it was on the internet it was def true.

unless of course the global elite just 'want' you to think that James is going to Liverpool.
wake up sheeple, Alex Jones didnt die for nothing.

Frodo
17-01-2019, 09:26 PM

Theres a very small chance they want Ozil, which is where I read the Arsenal links THIS time. The last few times we've been linked with him, it was regarding his brother in law Ospina telling him to come.

Also, the James and Navas links could be a part of the reason Sven wants to leave. Raul is the one with Real Madrid links. Sven only wants to sign his long term targets.

Retro Jet
20-01-2019, 03:59 AM
Watch a London double decker get parked now...

Retro Jet
20-01-2019, 05:17 AM
Fook that was tight.
Where did that extra 2 min come from??

Frodo
31-01-2019, 08:50 AM
LOLs, so nervous. Deserved equaliser.

Frodo
31-01-2019, 08:55 AM
Liverpool will still win this, bit they look very nervous.

Retro Jet
31-01-2019, 09:42 AM
I'm listening to commentary via Footylight app.
How valid was Keita's pen shout? Commentators were left scratching their heads is wasn't called.

Bon
31-01-2019, 09:45 AM
I'm listening to commentary via Footylight app.
How valid was Keita's pen shout? Commentators were left scratching their heads is wasn't called.

Mr Baggins was telling me that it should have been given, but so should one for Leicester in the first half?
I'm currently getting a text feed at work

Jeterpool
31-01-2019, 09:46 AM
50 50 for me. See them called also not

Bremsstrahlung
31-01-2019, 10:02 AM
Keita really hasn’t bedded in too well. If we can get him to his RB Leipzig form, I’m happy to persist, but he was their star playmaker there, and at Liverpool he simply doesn’t seem able to dictate play or create anything.

Not too sure what we could’ve done today. Gomez, TAA and Milner all out. Fabinho not 100%.

Henderson in the RB/RWB role was a little unnerving but he seemed to do well. I’d have preferred him in the middle though.

I’m content with getting 1 point extra on City, but 3 would’ve no question been great.

I’m still not convinced we have been playing that well this season. Plenty of lucky results. Today a draw was probably deserved.

Jetmaster
01-02-2019, 02:08 PM
Very noticeable how quick the media and fans have been to jump on a perceived "choke".

There are alot of people hoping for this to happen. They need to keep away from it all.

Frodo
01-02-2019, 02:50 PM
Very noticeable how quick the media and fans have been to jump on a perceived "choke".

There are alot of people hoping for this to happen. They need to keep away from it all.

Wait, are you unhappy that the media is making it out that you're going to throw away the title? Cause you should be thankful for the position you're in and enjoy the attention.

Can't have it both ways, either do a Tottenham and never win things but be liked or win things and be hated by the media.

plague
01-02-2019, 03:36 PM

nah. media just needs 'a contest'.

dont take it personally.

but yeah they'll prob choke though tbh.

boz-monaut
01-02-2019, 04:37 PM
we're allowed to say Liverpool will choke, others arent

Jetmaster
02-02-2019, 11:19 AM
nah. media just needs 'a contest'.

dont take it personally.

but yeah they'll prob choke though tbh.

I'm not a Liverpool fan - just an observation.

MFKS
05-02-2019, 09:52 AM
Liverpool have worked it out now

Pay the refs and linesman

FFS that linesman for the goal

Was he auditioning for a HAL gig when Milner received the ball??

plague
05-02-2019, 09:54 AM
3rd place is still good isnt it?

Jeterpool
05-02-2019, 09:55 AM
Liverpool have worked it out now

Pay the refs and linesman

FFS that linesman for the goal

Was he auditioning for a HAL gig when Milner received the ball??

It was a terrible call and I am afraid just feed the case for VAR in the Premier League - the commentator was straight on it.

Liverpool's lack of depth is starting to catch up to them. Henderson, Wijnaldum, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Lovren - 4 of those would have walked into the first team today.

Since their 10 day break they have started slowly too. I think Liverpool play better when the games are coming thick and fast.

I also reflect on the decision to sell Clyne. Bloke would have started the last 3 games at least.

pv4
05-02-2019, 10:03 AM
Liverpool's lack of depth is starting to catch up to them.

Which makes no transfers in for January even more confusing.

The club had one of if not the best positions they have ever had in the PL to win the thing and didn't reinforce to see out the back end of the season.

You're still a win ahead but there was genuine comfort mere weeks ago compared to now.

Imyourhero
05-02-2019, 10:04 AM
City play Thursday so won't be 3 ahead for long

MFKS
05-02-2019, 10:20 AM
Which makes no transfers in for January even more confusing.

The club had one of if not the best positions they have ever had in the PL to win the thing and didn't reinforce to see out the back end of the season.

You're still a win ahead but there was genuine comfort mere weeks ago compared to now.

But to me their lack of depth is in midfield and up front

Take Salah or Mane out and the attack will struggle

As for the midfield **** there aint a real standout there so they all about the same

Contrast that with City who are barely getting much from KDB and Jesus this season

Roundball Enthusiast
05-02-2019, 11:16 AM
Salah has gone missing the last 5-6 games. He needs to step up in the big games if they want to win it.

Klopp has gone and almost thrown the title away by not making any transfers to reinforce the squad.

Pool play, United, Tottenham and Chelsea.
City play, United, Chelsea, Tottenham.

Interesting couple of weeks ahead with a lot of games to be played across multiple cups.

plague
05-02-2019, 11:21 AM
Oh it's done.
City will walk this.
Wouldn't be shocked if Spurs lap them too.

Bremsstrahlung
05-02-2019, 11:23 AM
Keita is offering nothing.

Defensively short without Gomez, TAA and Lovren. Which makes it weird we sold Clyne.
Midfield is short with Milner playing defence, Henderson injury.
Idk. I don’t think we have played well this year at all. Bar that 5 game run. We played miles better last season.

Premy
05-02-2019, 12:31 PM
Clyne has not been sold.

Roundball Enthusiast
05-02-2019, 12:34 PM
Clyne has not been sold.

Just unavailable (on loan) for the remainder of the season.

Bremsstrahlung
05-02-2019, 02:48 PM
Even more ridiculous...
They have an option to make it permanent though right?
I imagine he will not play another game for Liverpool.

redwah
05-02-2019, 05:28 PM
But to me their lack of depth is in midfield and up front

Take Salah or Mane out and the attack will struggle

As for the midfield **** there aint a real standout there so they all about the same

Contrast that with City who are barely getting much from KDB and Jesus this season

Couldn’t agree more...up front we are very light on and salah has been missing the last few games....unfortunately the bench offers nothing so he may have to move the front three around. Midfield completely lack creativity and it hasn’t been addressed at all.

I can’t remember suffering a head injury but this is a few times I’ve agreed with you.

StannyCFCJET
05-02-2019, 06:51 PM
I thought Salah was the best player in the league and heaps consistent?

Jeterpool
05-02-2019, 07:13 PM

:yawn:

redwah
05-02-2019, 08:01 PM

It’s spelled HAZARD....not salah...Jesus the obsession

StannyCFCJET
05-02-2019, 08:06 PM
It’s spelled HAZARD....not salah...Jesus the obsession

Where not talking about Hazard, Where talking about the supposed best player in the prem

MFKS
05-02-2019, 08:18 PM
Where not talking about Hazard, Where talking about the supposed best player in the prem

Speaking of Hazard

Bloke has been a bit of a flop lately Stanny

Thought he was 1 of the greatest players on the planet in your eyes but all he doing is proving me right that he not at the elite level

StannyCFCJET
05-02-2019, 08:32 PM
Speaking of Hazard

Bloke has been a bit of a flop lately Stanny

Thought he was 1 of the greatest players on the planet in your eyes but all he doing is proving me right that he not at the elite level

Flop? His performances have seen us through to the league cup final. Everyone was at fault vs the cherries but he has generally been our best each week. Double figures for goals and assists in the league as well. Every team in the league would take a player like this no questions asked.

Why do I feel like ive just been baited by someone who doesnt watch Hazard week in week out

MFKS
05-02-2019, 09:34 PM
Flop? His performances have seen us through to the league cup final. Everyone was at fault vs the cherries but he has generally been our best each week. Double figures for goals and assists in the league as well. Every team in the league would take a player like this no questions asked.

Why do I feel like ive just been baited by someone who doesnt watch Hazard week in week out

So how come none of the teams in the UCL want him if he is the type every team in the league would want??

plague
05-02-2019, 10:43 PM

because after the first 643 times you are finally starting to catch on.

Frodo
05-02-2019, 11:10 PM
because after the first 643 times you are finally starting to catch on.

First of all, lol.

Secondly. Keita, Milner, Gigi, Fabinho, Oxlade, Lallana, Henderson, as well as a couple of youth players. That's 7 players for 3 spots in midfield. I know they have a few injuries, but unless they sold someone they couldn't bring anyone in. Title chase or not, you would be causing big issues by adding someone else to that list. (It also doesn't take into account players on loan which includes Grujic, Ojo and Wilson.)

Also which numpty said Spuds would overtake them? Spuds are gonna run out of luck soon and will be in 6th spot before their stadium opens.

StannyCFCJET
05-02-2019, 11:12 PM
First of all, lol.

Secondly. Keita, Milner, Gigi, Fabinho, Oxlade, Lallana, Henderson, as well as a couple of youth players. That's 7 players for 3 spots in midfield. I know they have a few injuries, but unless they sold someone they couldn't bring anyone in. Title chase or not, you would be causing big issues by adding someone else to that list. (It also doesn't take into account players on loan which includes Grujic, Ojo and Wilson.)

Also which numpty said Spuds would overtake them? Spuds are gonna run out of luck soon and will be in 6th spot before their stadium opens.

Kane and Ali out till march I think. They are not in the title race. Finished 3rd in a two horse with Leicester ffs

Retro Jet
06-02-2019, 12:12 AM
I reckon it's time Mo spent time on the bench.
If not for the motivation/hunger angle, just to change things up. He got into a few good positions but the shots were listless.
Shaqiri due a start or two.

Bremsstrahlung
06-02-2019, 12:29 AM
We are very lacklustre this season.
Firmino hasn’t been getting on the scoresheet.
Salah has scored some important goals and I was reading that he was at a similar-ish level last year in terms of goals but he hasn’t been at his game winning best minus a few penalties (or not penalties).
Mane has been as expected.
Other than that, there’s not much venom in our attack.
Fmd we are still bringing on Origi to win the game.
Id love to see us have a crack at Timo Werner.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
06-02-2019, 11:59 AM
Kane and Ali out till march I think. They are not in the title race. Finished 3rd in a two horse with Leicester ffs

Doing better than expected with 2 of our best out and not spending anything for about 2 years. Definitely punching above our weight, but even though you guys are trying to put us down with your statements, I would agree that we aren't genuinely in the title race.
Not sure on Liverpool dropping off either. City had their wobble, now Liverpool are having theirs.If Salah starts firing again they are still right in the hunt. (I do think City will get there in the end though).

StannyCFCJET
06-02-2019, 12:14 PM
Doing better than expected with 2 of our best out and not spending anything for about 2 years. Definitely punching above our weight, but even though you guys are trying to put us down with your statements, I would agree that we aren't genuinely in the title race.
Not sure on Liverpool dropping off either. City had their wobble, now Liverpool are having theirs.If Salah starts firing again they are still right in the hunt. (I do think City will get there in the end though).

Not putting down just stating facts. You want a trophy. Forget the league and focus on the cups

plague
06-02-2019, 12:22 PM

Spurs are 5 pts off first and playing better football than Liverpool. I'd be shocked if they dont end up overtaking one or both teams above them.

The silver lining is that they'll realise how much of a dud Kane is and sell him, buy about 6 of Sons mates and own the league.

Frodo
06-02-2019, 04:33 PM
Spurs are 5 pts off first and playing better football than Liverpool. I'd be shocked if they dont end up overtaking one or both teams above them.

The silver lining is that they'll realise how much of a dud Kane is and sell him, buy about 6 of Sons mates and own the league.

Playing better football than Liverpool? Have you been watching their games. I'm not just bashing them because they are our rivals, but they've been extremely lucky the last few games to score winning goals. They were more likely to be 9 points behind than 5. So once their luck runs out they will need to be worried about the 3 useless teams below them finding some consistency and catching them than what Pool and City are doing.

plague
06-02-2019, 05:15 PM
Playing better football than Liverpool? Have you been watching their games. I'm not just bashing them because they are our rivals, but they've been extremely lucky the last few games to score winning goals. They were more likely to be 9 points behind than 5.

yes, emphasis on 'better', not in any way 'great'.
Liverpool legit had the first goal (which was offside), then the late Origi chance (which was also offside) and in between those two incidents they created nothing and were gash.
West Ham should have banged in more goals, especially from the diabolical set piece defending.

Would absolutely agree that injuries to key midfielders arent helping them, but Fabinho and Keita were brought in as 1st team players, not squaddies. They need to be way way way better if they are to have a chance.

Look, my betting syndicate backed Liverpool pre-season to win, so im hoping it happens from a strictly financial point of view. But if i was betting now, I'd back a City/Spurs 1,2.
(mainly because the odds for reds/citeh are 1.00000000000001, so theres that).

idontwannaplaywithhowey
06-02-2019, 05:50 PM
Playing better football than Liverpool? Have you been watching their games. I'm not just bashing them because they are our rivals, but they've been extremely lucky the last few games to score winning goals. They were more likely to be 9 points behind than 5. So once their luck runs out they will need to be worried about the 3 useless teams below them finding some consistency and catching them than what Pool and City are doing.

Recent games we (Spurs) haven't created bucket loads, but have definitely been dominating the games (without playing great football, ill give you that one).
Watford and Newcastle both set up uber defensive and we weren't particularly incisive, but still created plenty. I would suggest we were a bit lucky against Newcastle (due to the goalkeeping mistake) but my view would be we aren't running on luck, just the weight of chances is paying off late in games. Obviously sometimes you don't end up getting one and they end up 'one of those days', and other days you get the late winners.

Frodo
06-02-2019, 05:57 PM
yes, emphasis on 'better', not in any way 'great'.
Liverpool legit had the first goal (which was offside), then the late Origi chance (which was also offside) and in between those two incidents they created nothing and were gash.
West Ham should have banged in more goals, especially from the diabolical set piece defending.

Would absolutely agree that injuries to key midfielders arent helping them, but Fabinho and Keita were brought in as 1st team players, not squaddies. They need to be way way way better if they are to have a chance.

Look, my betting syndicate backed Liverpool pre-season to win, so im hoping it happens from a strictly financial point of view. But if i was betting now, I'd back a City/Spurs 1,2.
(mainly because the odds for reds/citeh are 1.00000000000001, so theres that).

Sorry, I forgot form was only related to the last game a team played.....

Frodo
06-02-2019, 06:01 PM
Recent games we (Spurs) haven't created bucket loads, but have definitely been dominating the games (without playing great football, ill give you that one).
Watford and Newcastle both set up uber defensive and we weren't particularly incisive, but still created plenty. I would suggest we were a bit lucky against Newcastle (due to the goalkeeping mistake) but my view would be we aren't running on luck, just the weight of chances is paying off late in games. Obviously sometimes you don't end up getting one and they end up 'one of those days', and other days you get the late winners.

As you and I would well know, you don't always get good luck in games. So for every tight game that you get over the line you'll have one where you concede a trash goal and lose. I just think at the moment you've had more of the former than the later. Once that catches up I reckon you'll drop some points. Like the Newcastle game where you guys eeked out a win and City managed to lose.

United are on form and Chelsea will find another gear, plus we might have our first choice defence available soon which would help us immensely.

MFKS
06-02-2019, 06:06 PM
Not putting down just stating facts. You want a trophy. Forget the league and focus on the cups

Focus on the Cups???

Lol

They are out of the Cups already FFS

plague
06-02-2019, 06:14 PM
Sorry, I forgot form was only related to the last game a team played.....

I thought this was only applicable to Hazard and Ozil?

2 wins from past 5 Prem games, 4 of them trash teams, and the 2 draws were lucky points I reakon.

StannyCFCJET
06-02-2019, 06:49 PM
Focus on the Cups???

Lol

They are out of the Cups already FFS

Yeah because they dont know how to win clutch games. That should be their focus next season. Win a league cup and finish 6th or something better season then just making top 4

Premy
06-02-2019, 07:00 PM
Take it to the D*** waving thread and leave us Liverpool supporters alone to bite our finger nails off.

MFKS
06-02-2019, 07:02 PM
Yeah because they dont know how to win clutch games. That should be their focus next season. Win a league cup and finish 6th or something better season then just making top 4

No mate

Top 4 gets you in the UCL

Winning a pissant cup means **** all if you are in the Europa League next season.

Big clubs think this way

You think Man U would rather win the FA Cup Final last season or qualify for the UCL??

Because I bet my arse they will take UCL every day of the year

StannyCFCJET
06-02-2019, 07:08 PM
No mate

Top 4 gets you in the UCL

Winning a pissant cup means **** all if you are in the Europa League next season.

Big clubs think this way

You think Man U would rather win the FA Cup Final last season or qualify for the UCL??

Because I bet my arse they will take UCL every day of the year

Their owners maybe but proper fans always want silverware over anything

MFKS
06-02-2019, 07:15 PM
Their owners maybe but proper fans always want silverware over anything

They dont have real fans

They all plastics

Win UCL......then Win EPL....then Qualify for UCL ...thenDaylight ... then more daylight...then win Pissant Cups

Spuds at least a step ahead in priorities than Arsenal and Chelsea

redwah
06-02-2019, 08:08 PM
Take it to the D*** waving thread and leave us Liverpool supporters alone to bite our finger nails off.

You’ve got fingernails left? This is going to be a long couple of months and I think there’ll be a couple of twists still

Jetmaster
06-02-2019, 08:55 PM
We are very lacklustre this season.
Firmino hasnÂ’t been getting on the scoresheet.
Salah has scored some important goals and I was reading that he was at a similar-ish level last year in terms of goals but he hasnÂ’t been at his game winning best minus a few penalties (or not penalties).
Mane has been as expected.
Other than that, thereÂ’s not much venom in our attack.
Fmd we are still bringing on Origi to win the game.
Id love to see us have a crack at Timo Werner.

Yeah, but you aren't getting beaten by Palace, Fulham, Bournemouth et al like you have been - that is the difference.

plague
06-02-2019, 09:15 PM
Yeah, but you aren't getting beaten by Palace, Fulham, Bournemouth et al like you have been - that is the difference.

i think playing Bournemouth this weekend is the luckiest break Liverpool can get.
Bournemouth have a dig, and 'should' come to play.
Home game, crowd pumping and a team that will leave gaps.
Its the type of game a 'good' Liverpool side should enjoy.

Might be the kickstart to the run home they need.

boz-monaut
07-02-2019, 10:39 AM
no longer top, I don't reckon we'll get there again this season

Bremsstrahlung
07-02-2019, 11:38 AM
We will reclaim top spot once more.

Bremsstrahlung
07-02-2019, 11:39 AM
...then lose it.
The true Liverpool narrative won’t allow us to exit the race this early. Need to keep those hopes raised so they can be dashed in the final 2-3 games.

MFKS
07-02-2019, 08:20 PM
...then lose it.
The true Liverpool narrative won’t allow us to exit the race this early. Need to keep those hopes raised so they can be dashed in the final 2-3 games.

Bingo

Those not supporting Liverpool are also hoping for this too

Frodo
09-02-2019, 12:58 PM
Is Chris Sutton the worst pundit since Garth Brooks or has the Liverpool mania gone to new lows??

He said that VVD is the greatest dutchman to ever play in the premier league? (He isn't even top 5) What drugs are some of these guys on?

I know it's not VVDs fault, or the fans fault but my god it's so easy to want them to lose with all the build up in the media about how good they are. When City went over 100 points no one sucked their d#cks this hard.

Are you guys sick of it as well? Or are you (like I guess I would be too if we had a chance of winning this year) just enjoying being back near the top again and bathing in the adulation like a warm hug/sloppy hand job?

Frodo
09-02-2019, 12:59 PM
Also Steve Sidwell, whom I didn't think much of as a player, is hilarious on that show. His eye roll when Sutton said it was great.

StannyCFCJET
09-02-2019, 01:02 PM
Also Steve Sidwell, whom I didn't think much of as a player, is hilarious on that show. His eye roll when Sutton said it was great.

Wasnt he an Arsenal Junior? and yeah Chris Sutton is shit both as a pundit and a player

redwah
09-02-2019, 02:05 PM
Is Chris Sutton the worst pundit since Garth Brooks or has the Liverpool mania gone to new lows??

He said that VVD is the greatest dutchman to ever play in the premier league? (He isn't even top 5) What drugs are some of these guys on?

I know it's not VVDs fault, or the fans fault but my god it's so easy to want them to lose with all the build up in the media about how good they are. When City went over 100 points no one sucked their d#cks this hard.

Are you guys sick of it as well? Or are you (like I guess I would be too if we had a chance of winning this year) just enjoying being back near the top again and bathing in the adulation like a warm hug/sloppy hand job?

Personally I think VVD has played within himself since he arrived. He is a fantastic player but agree probably not in the top 5 Dutch players. Hell some clown compared himto maldini the other week.....as a lifelong reds fan both those statements are stupid. He has the opportunity to be great, he brings a massive calming influence to the team and especially the backline and if he can help us maintain our position at the top of the league he will go along way to cementing a spot in Liverpool folklore.

Jeterpool
09-02-2019, 02:36 PM

Yes.

Van Dijk has a long way to go if he wants to be considered in the same breath of the likes of Bergkamp, Van Persie, to name but a few.

Bremsstrahlung
09-02-2019, 03:18 PM
VVD has come into one of the shakiest defences over the last decade in the top 10 epl clubs.
To be a success, all he had to do was not ship stupid goals, have minimal brain fades and keep fit.
He’s done that. And also managed to have some really solid games. He’s a god damn Pele of defenders compared to what we are used to.

Compared to other CB though, Dutch players whatever. He’s average. He is performing adequately for a top 4 clubs main CB. It’s just we aren’t used to it.

In relation to the beat ups and wankfest. There was a sense of optimism. 7 points clear will do that. But I was far more invested in the infamous slip year. That was our year if there ever was.

We played better football last year imo and if we played like last year in attack this year, I’d be confident.
Reality is those 2 draws have been coming all season. We are somewhat back to having no solutions when teams park the bus.
This is City’s trophy to lose and has been since June 2017.

Jeterpool
09-02-2019, 06:07 PM
VVD has come into one of the shakiest defences over the last decade in the top 10 epl clubs.
To be a success, all he had to do was not ship stupid goals, have minimal brain fades and keep fit.
He’s done that. And also managed to have some really solid games. He’s a god damn Pele of defenders compared to what we are used to.

Compared to other CB though, Dutch players whatever. He’s average. He is performing adequately for a top 4 clubs main CB. It’s just we aren’t used to it.

In relation to the beat ups and wankfest. There was a sense of optimism. 7 points clear will do that. But I was far more invested in the infamous slip year. That was our year if there ever was.

We played better football last year imo and if we played like last year in attack this year, I’d be confident.
Reality is those 2 draws have been coming all season. We are somewhat back to having no solutions when teams park the bus.
This is City’s trophy to lose and has been since June 2017.

+1

I've been asked lots whether Liverpool are going to be successful this season in the premier league. I've said the CAN win it, but I don't think they WILL win it.

Bremsstrahlung
11-02-2019, 06:42 AM
Huge game next weekend V Man U.
A loss all but hands City the title.
A draw maintains an advantage.
A win delays the inevitable it seems.

City seem to have put their “worst” performances behind them. They are scarily good when they turn up. The ease in which Aguero finds the net sometimes will be the difference. They have goals from everywhere.

Jeterpool
11-02-2019, 10:28 AM
Huge game next weekend V Man U.
A loss all but hands City the title.
A draw maintains an advantage.
A win delays the inevitable it seems.

City seem to have put their “worst” performances behind them. They are scarily good when they turn up. The ease in which Aguero finds the net sometimes will be the difference. They have goals from everywhere.

Head up mate.

Win 1-0 or 6-0 you still get 3 points for it at the end of the day.

Still a lot more football to play in this league.

Bremsstrahlung
13-02-2019, 08:10 AM
Would love to target Werner in the summer. Apparently RB told him to sign a new contract by seasons end or they would sell him.
I’d see him playing instead of firmino. Maybe Firmino dropping into a creative CAM type role.

Isigne also mentioned.

We need more creativity. We have a boring midfield and if our front 3 are well contained, we don’t have any players to take the game on. Maybe Shaqiri.

We have a more workmanlike midfield with Henderson, Milner, wjinaldum, Keita, Fabinho rotating through a 3 man midfield. There’s no creativity there. Perhaps Klopp likes that working midfield to allow his front 3 to sit high and be ready to counter. We just have our eggs in one basket. We need more goals and more assists from midfield moving forward.

Frodo
13-02-2019, 01:05 PM
Would love to target Werner in the summer. Apparently RB told him to sign a new contract by seasons end or they would sell him.
I’d see him playing instead of firmino. Maybe Firmino dropping into a creative CAM type role.

Isigne also mentioned.

We need more creativity. We have a boring midfield and if our front 3 are well contained, we don’t have any players to take the game on. Maybe Shaqiri.

We have a more workmanlike midfield with Henderson, Milner, wjinaldum, Keita, Fabinho rotating through a 3 man midfield. There’s no creativity there. Perhaps Klopp likes that working midfield to allow his front 3 to sit high and be ready to counter. We just have our eggs in one basket. We need more goals and more assists from midfield moving forward.

From what I read last transfer window, Bayern and Dortmund are likely to go for him and he likes the idea of staying in Germany.

But yeah, could do well. Hes very very different from Firmino though.

StannyCFCJET
13-02-2019, 01:12 PM
Bayern buys all the good German talent from the other clubs

goaliepersempre
13-02-2019, 09:00 PM
Timo Werner ist ein Hurensohn

plague
18-02-2019, 11:41 PM
Hopefully this link works, but this dude does awesome deep dives on the 'business' of football.
Here is a fascinating look at Liverpools financial results from last year (as well as some comparisons to prev years).
Pretty much saying this is what happens when you get pretty much 'everything' on and off field right.
Its certainly making out like Liverpool are an extremely well run club, and set up very well for a sustainable and profitable future.
https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1097414490587570176

MFKS
25-02-2019, 04:12 AM
In a game like that with 3 guys getting injured and Rashford limping all game have to say Salah and Mane were ****ing abysmal

When you need your best to step up ......

They offered what???

1 shot at goal on target and 64% of the ball

Might as well give City the trophy if their big names are gonna offer so little in the title run in

Bremsstrahlung
25-02-2019, 10:38 AM
We are not creative at all.
4-3-3 has zapped us of our creativity. We need a plan B, and we have no CAM type player who can conjure something.
We have our pace on the counter and the ability to absolutely rip them, but when teams sit back we have nothing.
We were a better attacking team last year. Teams caught on to how we play and set up to stop that.

Our starting 11 ain’t bad, but our subs are well below par.
When you’re relying on Sturridge and Origi to win games as your leading striker... uh oh.

Roundball Enthusiast
25-02-2019, 04:58 PM
Disgusting from Henderson this morning. Captain gets subbed and doesn't even shake the manager's hand on his way off.

Disgraceful. Should be sent to the youth team immediately and let go in the next transfer market.

Frodo
25-02-2019, 05:35 PM
Disgusting from Henderson this morning. Captain gets subbed and doesn't even shake the manager's hand on his way off.

Disgraceful. Should be sent to the youth team immediately and let go in the next transfer market.

Is this a joke? This seems like quality deflection from a Chelsea supporter after today's efforts.

Plus... Henderson walked off pissed because he wanted to play and win away at Old Trafford. Klopp told him to come over and he did without argument, shook his hand, they each explained what happened, now it's done. This is how proper clubs sort this kind of thing out. They don't conspire to get rid of any manager that makes them do something other than what they like.

StannyCFCJET
25-02-2019, 05:59 PM
Is this a joke? This seems like quality deflection from a Chelsea supporter after today's efforts.

Plus... Henderson walked off pissed because he wanted to play and win away at Old Trafford. Klopp told him to come over and he did without argument, shook his hand, they each explained what happened, now it's done. This is how proper clubs sort this kind of thing out. They don't conspire to get rid of any manager that makes them do something other than what they like.

Or take their 300 a week and happily sit on the bench

redwah
25-02-2019, 06:00 PM
Up there with one of the worst games of football I’ve seen, and I watch most a league matches each week. Liverpool were dreadful, no spark from midfield, no input from attackers...we were lucky the mancs are rubbish and lacked a couple of their players.

Seriously think klopp needs to address the front line reserves in the next window.

But in saying all this still 1 point to of the league.....wouldn’t swap our spot for anyone else’s.

Frodo
25-02-2019, 06:29 PM
Seriously think klopp needs to address the front line reserves in the next window.

He had Shaqiri on the bench who was exactly what they needed today to break down a deep defensive line. He has Sturridge to add more movement against slower/mid table defenses. Plus he has Origi if it gets too physical for Firmino. There's nothing wrong with their back up options. Klopp just made the wrong choice in bringing on Sturridge in the end.

MFKS
25-02-2019, 06:40 PM
He had Shaqiri on the bench who was exactly what they needed today to break down a deep defensive line. He has Sturridge to add more movement against slower/mid table defenses. Plus he has Origi if it gets too physical for Firmino. There's nothing wrong with their back up options. Klopp just made the wrong choice in bringing on Sturridge in the end.

Dont know about that

His midfield is workman like and he doesnt have a lot of depth up front

Tactically Klopp needs some adjustment as teams are just sitting back now and saying well what else have you got and they are being found wanting

Jetmaster
25-02-2019, 06:45 PM
What softies we have become....Graeme Souness and Michael Owen attacked on the socials. Souness for doing something Clough, Shankly, Atkinson and others have done countless times. Owen for suggesting something Muscat made a career out of.

Frodo
25-02-2019, 07:30 PM
Dont know about that

His midfield is workman like and he doesnt have a lot of depth up front

Tactically Klopp needs some adjustment as teams are just sitting back now and saying well what else have you got and they are being found wanting

I'll simplify the exact point you are trying to make. Liverpool need to sign a CAM.

My point was related to forwards. They have enough forwards for 3 spots. I 100% agree their midfielders are all different versions of the same player (tireless/good in the tackle/tactically smart/sideways passes).

Frodo
25-02-2019, 07:34 PM
What softies we have become....Graeme Souness and Michael Owen attacked on the socials. Souness for doing something Clough, Shankly, Atkinson and others have done countless times. Owen for suggesting something Muscat made a career out of.

**** Souness. He is a deadset idiot and seems to forgotten everything he used to know about football.

Owen was being a bit rich considering he was a striker and not exactly the strongest striker in his day.

Happy for both of them to be chased around twitter all day, both are wankers.

boz-monaut
27-02-2019, 09:55 PM
loss or draw against Watford will see the inevitable happen

plague
04-03-2019, 05:53 AM
not only are they NOT going to win the title. they dont deserve it.
not even in the same stratosphere as Citeh.
woeful performances when it matters most.

fold the club.

MFKS
04-03-2019, 10:20 AM
not only are they NOT going to win the title. they dont deserve it.
not even in the same stratosphere as Citeh.
woeful performances when it matters most.

fold the club.

Reminded me of the Jets

Best part though is that they have trolled their fans for so long

I was hoping the wheels would have come off in a few weeks time

plague
04-03-2019, 10:39 AM
they had probably $100m worth of midfielders out there last night in Fabinho and the dutch bloke* and they refused to even pass them the ball in attack. They were either booting long ball after long ball to the front guys or getting the 2 fullbacks to run around Everton to attack.
I watched Barca/Madrid the other morning, and Pique had more poise and ability than the 3 of them put together and he had the 3 x times Euro champs chasing him around, not ****ing Everton.

what am embarrassing show that was last night. English football might think its all that, but jesus if they are your potential champions then you need help.

it would also not surprise me that a sell off happens in the off season, they'll sell Salah, Mane and Virgil because it will be good business.

also, i understand sending your 'tall timber' up front for set pieces, but why bother with Matip? He cant head the ball, and he was actually getting in peoples way on rebounds. hes better off not being there and leaving the space for the actual footballers to work in. Virgil is a blindingly good centreback though, but hes the one world class player in that squad. that aint enough to win you a title.

maybe next year then.

*yes, by leaving him out im valuing Henderson at roughly worth about 25c.

StannyCFCJET
04-03-2019, 02:45 PM
It's not their fault. The wind was blowing both ways. Can't beat the wind

Jeterpool
11-03-2019, 10:52 AM
I'm starting to wonder whether the pressure of all of this is getting to Klopp. The bits and pieces I've seen, his mannerisms on the sideline shows very little "happy smiling Klopp" of earlier in the season.

Goals celebrations and reactions aren't joyous. They're more a steely intensity. It doesn't reflect a calmness anymore, a freedom even. It's like everything has unrelenting pressure attached to it because it has to be 100% perfect - there is no room for error.

The players have to be picking up on these vibes and I wonder whether that's affecting their finishing recently.

Just a theory.

plague
11-03-2019, 11:48 AM
as inconsistent as he is, it was telling today that having lallananallla in the team today was much better than having Henderson in the team.

also, Firminho is the only one of the front three who puts a foot on the ball and tries to play.
Mane just fires away and in the form hes in its understandable.

but Salah tried the same trick every time and had the same result every time.

Burnley were ****ing horrible, and their 1st goal was a joke.

relegate them.

MFKS
11-03-2019, 11:59 AM
I'm starting to wonder whether the pressure of all of this is getting to Klopp. The bits and pieces I've seen, his mannerisms on the sideline shows very little "happy smiling Klopp" of earlier in the season.

Goals celebrations and reactions aren't joyous. They're more a steely intensity. It doesn't reflect a calmness anymore, a freedom even. It's like everything has unrelenting pressure attached to it because it has to be 100% perfect - there is no room for error.

The players have to be picking up on these vibes and I wonder whether that's affecting their finishing recently.

Just a theory.

I think the writing is on the wall that he knows this side isnt gonna get the job done

The pressure has gotten to him and you are pretty right I think with your assesment

furns
14-03-2019, 12:20 AM
One point off the top and the chance to go ahead again next weekend against Fulham with City in the FA cup quarters.
I think ppl might be reading too much into it.

Bremsstrahlung
14-03-2019, 12:35 AM
I’m hoping City’s schedule over the coming weeks will dent their title chances, but if there’s a squad that can do it, it’s them.
It’s dangerous when it’s not in your hands. With 8 games to go, I don’t there’s much room for error. Though that same pressure is on City too, they need a perfect finish to the season to win it. I think whoever wins will be deserving. Whoever finishes second will feel a little hard done by.

furns
14-03-2019, 01:24 AM
I’m hoping City’s schedule over the coming weeks will dent their title chances, but if there’s a squad that can do it, it’s them.
It’s dangerous when it’s not in your hands. With 8 games to go, I don’t there’s much room for error. Though that same pressure is on City too, they need a perfect finish to the season to win it. I think whoever wins will be deserving. Whoever finishes second will feel a little hard done by.
Agree. Although with De Bruyne and more importantly Fernandinho out I am hoping that they will drop points sooner or later. Preferably sooner :)

StannyCFCJET
14-03-2019, 01:27 AM

Havent you got a hard run of games as well? Or is Klopp going to throw the UCL to focus on the prem? Pep wont be feeling any pressure as he's done this before. He just needs to reduce the pressure on the younger guys in his squad, Klopp just needs to cut out the excuses and focus on his team

furns
14-03-2019, 01:47 AM
Havent you got a hard run of games as well? Or is Klopp going to throw the UCL to focus on the prem? Pep wont be feeling any pressure as he's done this before. He just needs to reduce the pressure on the younger guys in his squad, Klopp just needs to cut out the excuses and focus on his team
Our hardest fixtures will be Spurs and Chelsea.
City still have to face Spurs and United, Leicester may also be a tough test.
Its going to be against the shite teams where a game might break out where one wasnt expected haha

Jeterpool
14-03-2019, 08:34 AM
Liverpool's away games are against lower table clubs too.

Liverpool also don't have the FFA Cup schedule. City are about to experience a fixture pile up.

Frodo
14-03-2019, 09:27 AM
I'm trying to be a neutral whilst watching this game but the Liverpool dick sucking from every commentator is just so hard to deal with. I started the game not minding if Liverpool won since Bayern have beaten us so many times. Now I want the club to fold just to shut these pricks up.

Retro Jet
14-03-2019, 01:20 PM
I'm trying to be a neutral whilst watching this game but the Liverpool dick sucking from every commentator is just so hard to deal with. I started the game not minding if Liverpool won since Bayern have beaten us so many times. Now I want the club to fold just to shut these pricks up.

Don't worry Boz, we'll draw City nxt round lol

Frodo
14-03-2019, 01:47 PM
Don't worry Boz, we'll draw City nxt round lol

I already said to Bon this morning that you'll draw United.

City will draw Tottenham. Barca will get Juve and one of the other two will make it to the last 4.

StannyCFCJET
14-03-2019, 02:07 PM
I already said to Bon this morning that you'll draw United.

City will draw Tottenham. Barca will get Juve and one of the other two will make it to the last 4.

Nah Barce will get Ajax Tottenham or Porto as they are the easiest teams left. Gotta make it easier for Messi

boz-monaut
14-03-2019, 03:00 PM
I take everyone's opinions on who will get drawn with who about as seriously as I take your opinions on football

Macca
14-03-2019, 04:02 PM
I take everyone's opinions on who will get drawn with who about as seriously as I take your opinions on football

:lulzturtle:

Jeterpool
14-03-2019, 04:21 PM
Bayern 2nd half surprised me. There was no press compared to the first half and it allowed Liverpool time to get a foot on the ball.

I look forward to the draw tomorrow.

StannyCFCJET
14-03-2019, 05:10 PM
Bayern 2nd half surprised me. There was no press compared to the first half and it allowed Liverpool time to get a foot on the ball.

I look forward to the draw tomorrow.

Lewandowski said they played too defensive and deep

plague
14-03-2019, 09:44 PM
75 million ****ing pounds and Liverpool have absolutely gotten a steal in Van Dyke. they'd pay double tomorrow and still think they've underpaid.
also, never really looked before but hes a very handsome dude.

good for him.

Bremsstrahlung
14-03-2019, 10:28 PM
Lewandowski said they played too defensive and deep

So did Jeterpool

Jeterpool
14-03-2019, 10:56 PM
So did Jeterpool

That'd because I'm Lewandowski

Jeterpool
14-03-2019, 10:57 PM
75 million ****ing pounds and Liverpool have absolutely gotten a steal in Van Dyke. they'd pay double tomorrow and still think they've underpaid.
also, never really looked before but hes a very handsome dude.

good for him.

I wish I could grow bum fluff under my chin like he does

Bremsstrahlung
16-03-2019, 09:48 AM
City have Sours UCL 2nd leg, Spurs EPL, United EPL.

Bremsstrahlung
01-04-2019, 06:17 AM
This feels almost Jets like.
Got 2 points gifted today.

Frodo
01-04-2019, 08:18 PM
This feels almost Jets like.
Got 2 points gifted today.

Normally I get a little salty at some of the lucky points you guys have gotten this year. Today was great tho, it was delicious watching the highlights package at work.

redwah
01-04-2019, 08:57 PM
More than happy to jag those points...bloody spurs got a couple of dodgy pens against us in the last few years....but I’ll be happy if spurs win their next 5 games

Frodo
02-04-2019, 06:54 AM
.but I’ll be happy if spurs win their next 5 games

Why would you say such things? I thought this was a friendly place.

Jeterpool
02-04-2019, 08:21 AM
Why would you say such things? I thought this was a friendly place.

Because it will mean they knock City out of the Champions League and defeat them in the league

Bremsstrahlung
02-04-2019, 09:09 AM
They can then lose the rest...
My main hope is a draw or spurs win in the first leg.
Forces City to play a strong team in a) their UCL 2nd leg b) their league match v Spurs and c) their league match v Man U
If anybody has the squad to get through that it is them. And if they get through this unscathed, then well done.
I was legit amazed to see we have only lost 1 league game.

plague
02-04-2019, 12:14 PM
If* they win the title, people gonna look back on that defensive effort by Virgil on Sissoko in the dying minutes as the thing that got them over the line.

he somehow kept up running backwards, blocked the passing lane to Son, put him on his weaker foot and timed the tackle to perfection (he gets that tackle wrong anywhere and its either a goal, a pen or a send off for him).

it was a truly amazing piece of defending.

*oh cmon, who cant see another Gerrard slip moment coming.....poor buggers.

Jeterpool
02-04-2019, 12:38 PM
If* they win the title, people gonna look back on that defensive effort by Virgil on Sissoko in the dying minutes as the thing that got them over the line.

he somehow kept up running backwards, blocked the passing lane to Son, put him on his weaker foot and timed the tackle to perfection (he gets that tackle wrong anywhere and its either a goal, a pen or a send off for him).

it was a truly amazing piece of defending.

*oh cmon, who cant see another Gerrard slip moment coming.....poor buggers.

One of the defining moments. Nobody questioning the money spent on the bloke now - he's incredible.

Really had a few gifts from keepers this season too - Origi 96th minute winner and this one on the weekend. Mahrez skying the pen is up there too.

Still in the race - excited to see how it all shakes out over the coming month for both Liverpool and City.

StannyCFCJET
02-04-2019, 12:47 PM
One of the defining moments. Nobody questioning the money spent on the bloke now - he's incredible.

Really had a few gifts from keepers this season too - Origi 96th minute winner and this one on the weekend. Mahrez skying the pen is up there too.

Still in the race - excited to see how it all shakes out over the coming month for both Liverpool and City.

Ive found out Chelsea were told to buy him for 11mil while he was at Celtic by someone in our club who knew the Scottish league very well and our board dismissed the idea

Frodo
02-04-2019, 01:15 PM
Ive found out Chelsea were told to buy him for 11mil while he was at Celtic by someone in our club who knew the Scottish league very well and our board dismissed the idea

Every big club looked at him at Celtic and said no. Even Liverpool. How can you compare someone's ability when they play in the SPL, guys go from the A league and do well there?

StannyCFCJET
02-04-2019, 01:19 PM
Every big club looked at him at Celtic and said no. Even Liverpool. How can you compare someone's ability when they play in the SPL, guys go from the A league and do well there?

I trust the opinion of they guy who went told us to buy him

redwah
02-04-2019, 06:33 PM
Because it will mean they knock City out of the Champions League and defeat them in the league

Bingo

Frodo
06-04-2019, 07:34 AM
I'm sure they will go on to win this.

But at the moment they look a bit "long bally" and are trying to force unnecessary passes into the front 3rd. Southampton are doing well to put them off their rhythym.

Liverpool will have enough chances to knock at least 1 in tho.

Frodo
06-04-2019, 07:38 AM
I'm sure they will go on to win this.

But at the moment they look a bit "long bally" and are trying to force unnecessary passes into the front 3rd. Southampton are doing well to put them off their rhythym.

Liverpool will have enough chances to knock at least 1 in tho.

Almost as soon as I typed it, they knocked in 3 ok crosses in a row and one went in.

Frodo
06-04-2019, 08:17 AM
VVD getting lightly booed by the Southampton faithful is pretty good to. Love it.

plague
06-04-2019, 01:20 PM
So they sold Suarez (which was a terrible thing) and got Firmino for 1/2 that price?
thats a good bit of business. Bobby is their 2nd best player. Feels like when Liverpool were going through their poor patch of fom that he was out injured. Be interesting to know how many games they've lost when hes been out.

Jetmaster
06-04-2019, 02:50 PM
Still can't see Liverpool doing this - they have to fight and scrap for every result while City look like they are doing it in second gear. City must lose a game and I can't see it, especially if United roll over to then as I expect.

Scousers will me mightily pissed if they lose one game all season and still don't win the EPL.

MFKS
07-04-2019, 01:50 AM
The tinny last minute wins v Everton and Spuds though have a name on the trophy type of look about things

Liverpool have a big game coming up v Chelsea but don't forget Man City's battle on four fronts is gonna really start to bite hard into them soon

Frodo
07-04-2019, 08:10 AM
The tinny last minute wins v Everton and Spuds though have a name on the trophy type of look about things

Liverpool have a big game coming up v Chelsea but don't forget Man City's battle on four fronts is gonna really start to bite hard into them soon

FA cup is done until after the season finishes. So it won't affect them.

They could play their backup side in the UCL and get though to the next round so that won't affect them yet either. It will be interesting to see who they draw for the last tie tho. If they draw Liverpool and there's still only 2 points in the EPL those games will be furious. Either team should be kicking the crap out of each other to gain an advantage back home. Red cards in the UCL if you're going out anyway don't matter. Deal with them in the group stage next year.

redwah
08-04-2019, 05:54 PM
FA cup is done until after the season finishes. So it won't affect them.

They could play their backup side in the UCL and get though to the next round so that won't affect them yet either. It will be interesting to see who they draw for the last tie tho. If they draw Liverpool and there's still only 2 points in the EPL those games will be furious. Either team should be kicking the crap out of each other to gain an advantage back home. Red cards in the UCL if you're going out anyway don't matter. Deal with them in the group stage next year.

Think the want the champions league more than anything so they won’t play back up team, spurs could do them then. They get juve or Ajax next round, the 3 spurs and away to palace and the mancs will decide the premier. They get max points from then and unfortunately Liverpool finish second by a point with a record haul.