PDA

View Full Version : L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15

plague
08-04-2019, 06:03 PM
you guys just out here assuming they gonna knock Chelsea off?

ok then.

Bremsstrahlung
08-04-2019, 06:09 PM
Not at all, always said it’s our results against mid table teams that costs us.
This will be no exception.

:gent:

StannyCFCJET
08-04-2019, 06:26 PM
you guys just out here assuming they gonna knock Chelsea off?

ok then.

Im waiting for another meltdown like in 2014. Henderson to a Gerrard esc slip

plague
08-04-2019, 08:16 PM
Not at all, always said it’s our results against mid table teams that costs us.
This will be no exception.

:gent:
https://media3.giphy.com/media/BtedgmzGNCiuk/200w.webp?cid=790b76115cab10f84c3952306be8e021

https://media1.giphy.com/media/ZY4NZBLtnfNni/100.webp?cid=790b76115cab10f84c3952306be8e021

traffic light
08-04-2019, 10:41 PM
Im waiting for another meltdown like in 2014. Henderson to a Gerrard esc slip

love a good slip. This is worse

http://beta.ems.ladbiblegroup.com/s3/content/491x276/8bb15e325b021fbde92ba05ba953290a.png

StannyCFCJET
08-04-2019, 11:00 PM
love a good slip. This is worse

http://beta.ems.ladbiblegroup.com/s3/content/491x276/8bb15e325b021fbde92ba05ba953290a.png

Terry won a UCL a few years later. Where is Gerrards prem trophy?

StannyCFCJET
08-04-2019, 11:26 PM
John Terry didn't win jack.
He was in the stands dressed up like the 3rd place getter in a John Terry lookalike competition.

You play an important role to get to the final reguardless of if you played in it you won it.

You have a squad for a reason. Without Terry on and off the field we dont win in 2012

plague
08-04-2019, 11:27 PM
Terry won a UCL a few years later. Where is Gerrards prem trophy?

John Terry didnt win anything that day pal.
He was up in the stands dressed up like the 3rd place getter at a John Terry lookalike competition.

Drogba won.

plague
08-04-2019, 11:28 PM
Without Terry on and off the field we dont win in 2012

we?

you didnt win anything either boss.

So at least you have that in common with your clearly not racist mate.

StannyCFCJET
09-04-2019, 12:50 AM
we?

you didnt win anything either boss.

So at least you have that in common with your clearly not racist mate.

In that this forum is pointless as we havent won anything only the Jets have

Bremsstrahlung
09-04-2019, 08:01 AM
Can we hold off on stirring Stanny until after the game. The odds of Chelsea jagging something are increasing with every dig at Stanny.

Jeterpool
09-04-2019, 08:22 AM
Take it to the Chelsea thread

boz-monaut
09-04-2019, 10:31 AM
one more childish post and stanny will sit the rest of the season out

Bremsstrahlung
10-04-2019, 06:57 AM
Keita playing for his future. Having a top first half. Lucky goal, but some of his passes through should have seen us up by at least 3.
Salah tracking a run all the way back to our 18yd and making a tackle, then shielding and winning a free kick was great to watch.
TAA is such an under rated RB

plague
10-04-2019, 07:00 AM
even Henderson is making quality forward passes.
also, had no idea VAR is here. would have taken A-League boffins 42mins to decide whether Firmino was offside or not (and prob still got the decision wrong).

Jeterpool
10-04-2019, 08:36 AM
A solid performance and the job was done. Now to Portugal with the challenge still there but a good advantage.

Van Dijk is a wonderful center half but **** me he whinges A LOT at his team mates. Do it EVERY time a ball is played into a box and it begins to lose it's impact.

I liked Henderson's role today. Very similar to the job he was doing the last title challenge Liverpool had.

Frodo
10-04-2019, 12:47 PM
TAA is such an under rated RB

Deluded Liverpool fans are still deluded. He's played for England 5 times already and is absolutely adored by the media. Definitely not underrated at all.

Bremsstrahlung
10-04-2019, 12:53 PM
Deluded Liverpool fans are still deluded. He's played for England 5 times already and is absolutely adored by the media. Definitely not underrated at all.

In the context of our team, the focus is always on Salah, mane, VVD, Alison etc.
Him and Robertson have been immense this season.

Deluded?

plague
10-04-2019, 01:19 PM
Are any right or left backs even rated? Let alone either under or over rated?

Dani Alves was 100x the player any of these doodz ever will be and he was just a bloke running lines for Messi and Don Iniesta.

No one cares about that position. They shouldn't take it personally.

pv4
10-04-2019, 01:21 PM

I don't watch many Liverpool games nowadays but after most games it's hard to not hear raving reviews of VVD & TAA. It sounds to me like he is being rated, for sure.

Jeterpool
10-04-2019, 01:49 PM
Are any right or left backs even rated? Let alone either under or over rated?

Dani Alves was 100x the player any of these doodz ever will be and he was just a bloke running lines for Messi and Don Iniesta.

No one cares about that position. They shouldn't take it personally.

Cafu, Roberto Carlos and Paolo Maldini were pretty rated

plague
10-04-2019, 02:15 PM
Cafu, Roberto Carlos and Paolo Maldini were pretty rated

yeah that was kind of my point.
The fact you had to jump in the wayback machine to when Dunster was still in double figures to find any players of note means they've kind of been forgotten about*.

*relatively speaking of course, id imagine a coach would not last long in the job if he actually 'forgot' to put a right and left back out there.

plague
10-04-2019, 02:16 PM
also, im very disappoint one of you lot didnt jump in there with a Tarek Elrich mention just to stir the good Member up.

i cant do everything around here lads.

Macca
10-04-2019, 03:00 PM
yeah that was kind of my point.
The fact you had to jump in the wayback machine to when Dunster was still in double figures to find any players of note means they've kind of been forgotten about*.

*relatively speaking of course, id imagine a coach would not last long in the job if he actually 'forgot' to put a right and left back out there.

Jordi Alba is one of the most important players at Barca imo. Marcelo over the last few years was one Madrid's most important.

A lot of it comes down to how the team plays and specifically how the 2-3 players ahead of the fullback on that side of the field play. Some fantastic partnerships between wingers and fullbacks in recent years.

plague
10-04-2019, 03:38 PM
Jordi Alba is one of the most important players at Barca imo. Marcelo over the last few years was one Madrid's most important.

ooh, id say Marcelo is prob the 2nd most vilified Madrid player over the last few seasons. I love watching him play, but boy, the Spanish media has very little time for him. For all of his excellence hes always gonna be thought of way less than blokes like Ronaldo, Bale, Modric, Ramos, Casillas, Benzema.

To be fair though, the way the same Madrid fans cant come to love Isco and Asensio makes me think they are all a bunch of dolts anyways.
Again, I dig watching Alba. But he, like Alves, seems to be more known as the dude that gets the through ball from Iniesta and gives it to Messi rather than anything he himself is responsible for. Poor Alba's a freaking footnote in the last dozen years of Barca excellence*.

*and thats no shade, if you're good enough to crack that team and consistently produce, then not one person (except Griff) on the planet can talk smack to you.

Macca
10-04-2019, 04:05 PM
ooh, id say Marcelo is prob the 2nd most vilified Madrid player over the last few seasons. I love watching him play, but boy, the Spanish media has very little time for him. For all of his excellence hes always gonna be thought of way less than blokes like Ronaldo, Bale, Modric, Ramos, Casillas, Benzema.

To be fair though, the way the same Madrid fans cant come to love Isco and Asensio makes me think they are all a bunch of dolts anyways.
Again, I dig watching Alba. But he, like Alves, seems to be more known as the dude that gets the through ball from Iniesta and gives it to Messi rather than anything he himself is responsible for. Poor Alba's a freaking footnote in the last dozen years of Barca excellence*.

*and thats no shade, if you're good enough to crack that team and consistently produce, then not one person (except Griff) on the planet can talk smack to you.

I can't claim to know how the spanish media treat/think of these guys. My impression of Marcelo in Madrid was basically that he was one of the few players able to provide spark and x-factor, creativity, when the going got tough and they were struggling to break a team down. He seemed able to come up with the cross, dribble, pass to create something from nothing. Not many others in the team were taking up that role.

I'm not a particularly big fan of Alba. But his partnership and understanding with Messi is pretty crucial to Barca in recent years. He's no footballing genius, but he makes the right runs at the right times to provide the option, and executes his pass to whoever finishes well with amazing regularity. As you said, how often has he cut back to Messi on the 18 to tuck one away. The other is Messi cutting in from right wing and switching to Alba breaking the defensive line who squares to *striker* to tap in.

You're right that he won't go down as a great. But jeez you notice a big difference in how the team plays and attacks when he's not on the field.

edit - and in itself, finding a pass to someone in the 18 yard box when there's 10 blokes in it is in itself a difficult task that many professional players have pretty low success rates on.

plague
10-04-2019, 04:11 PM
I can't claim to know how the spanish media treat/think of these guys. My impression of Marcelo in Madrid was basically that he was one of the few players able to provide spark and x-factor, creativity, when the going got tough and they were struggling to break a team down. He seemed able to come up with the cross, dribble, pass to create something from nothing. Not many others in the team were taking up that role.

oh, i agree here. and we get to watch him as a neutral, so you love the good bits and quickly forget the not so good bits.
but yeah, hes a #10 playing in the wrong spot. i love him, but the Madrid fans have seen way too many silly moments to ever love him the way they love blokes who never made mistakes like Ramos, Raul and Casillas (i know, i know).

for a good span a few years back Messi, Iniesta and Alves used to absolutely terrorise his corner. The fact that he didnt just handle 3 of the greatest ever single handedly was all his fault apparently. Give me a team of 10 Marcelos and one Griff and you'll have me for life.

Retro Jet
11-04-2019, 01:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBWXYQZpEl8

8'44" of sheer joy for any Liverpool fan.
What a machine...

Bremsstrahlung
15-04-2019, 07:07 AM
Can we hold off on stirring Stanny until after the game. The odds of Chelsea jagging something are increasing with every dig at Stanny.

Thanks guys.
Resume as necessary.

Like Salah at the end of the game, “come play with us Eden. Imagine it, coming off the bench for Liverpool. Mane and I won’t play league cup games so you’ll get some game time then”

Bremsstrahlung
15-04-2019, 07:09 AM
Also, while he always resembles a bit of a lost chicken, Henderson is playing like a man possessed.
And Mane is contributing. That goal was such good patience and persistence and class in the end.

Salah :wub:

StannyCFCJET
15-04-2019, 07:47 AM
Better team won. City will still win title. Buisness as usual

Bremsstrahlung
15-04-2019, 08:09 AM
If City get through their Spurs, Spurs and Man Utd week, it will be well deserved.

If they drop points, it’s all on us.

Jeterpool
15-04-2019, 08:27 AM
It will suck if Liverpool can't get over City but looking at it now, it can't be discounted how incredible both of these teams have been. They've both sprinted from the beginning and get punished if they faltered at all.

Two incredible teams.

plague
15-04-2019, 09:24 AM
Liverpool on one screen, Tiger on the other. pretty dope way to spend a night watching sport.
Thought Liverpool were the better team, but wow, those couple of Chelsea chances usually go in.

maybe, maybe there is a little luck on Liverpools side.

Also, agree with Henderson. Still maintain his suspension was way more of a factor on them losing the title last time than Gerrards slip was (but the slip was funnier lets all be real here).
Hes been fantastic. Sensational that with 4 games to go its still a huge fight.

Jeterpool
15-04-2019, 10:09 AM
Also, agree with Henderson. Still maintain his suspension was way more of a factor on them losing the title last time than Gerrards slip was (but the slip was funnier lets all be real here).
Hes been fantastic. Sensational that with 4 games to go its still a huge fight.

Couldn't agree more! I remember thinking the title was last when he got suspended, simply because he did so much running for Gerrard at that time.

StannyCFCJET
15-04-2019, 01:17 PM
We made it easy with the false nine bullshit. Should've played Giroud

pv4
15-04-2019, 01:23 PM
Should've played Giroud

This is always the right assessment.

Bon
15-04-2019, 01:31 PM
We made it easy with the false nine bullshit. Should've played Giroud

Shhhhh.. Frodo's giblets will be tingling..

MFKS
15-04-2019, 01:33 PM
Better team won. City will still win title. Buisness as usual

If your mate Hazard could score it wouldn't have been 2-0

Bloke showed exactly why he is not quite Real Madrid level with his woeful finishing

First one was slightly unlucky but the second one was Dimi like

Bloke proved why he plays for Chelsea last night

Good but not great

StannyCFCJET
15-04-2019, 03:43 PM
If your mate Hazard could score it wouldn't have been 2-0

Bloke showed exactly why he is not quite Real Madrid level with his woeful finishing

First one was slightly unlucky but the second one was Dimi like

Bloke proved why he plays for Chelsea last night

Good but not great

Scores against liverpool all the time but one game he doesnt and everyone jumps on it

Frodo
15-04-2019, 04:58 PM
Scores against liverpool all the time but one game he doesnt and everyone jumps on it

Stanny, if you're ever reincarnated as a fish you aren't going to last long. Chomp!

StannyCFCJET
15-04-2019, 05:16 PM
Stanny, if you're ever reincarnated as a fish you aren't going to last long. Chomp!

Its not bait if you believe the rubbish you spout which Membah does

MFKS
15-04-2019, 08:30 PM

If he scores those 2 do Liverpool win the game??

Probably not

But no he missed

I content with my belief that he not elite level

plague
15-04-2019, 08:40 PM
Its not bait if you believe the rubbish you spout which Membah does

nah, its bait if you bite at it.

which is kind of how you end up continually getting in trouble for turning the Liverpool thread into the Chelsea thread.

just let those Member ones through to the keeper Stanny.

please.

StannyCFCJET
15-04-2019, 08:42 PM
nah, its bait if you bite at it.

which is kind of how you end up continually getting in trouble for turning the Liverpool thread into the Chelsea thread.

just let those Member ones through to the keeper Stanny.

please.

A.K.A you?

Retro Jet
15-04-2019, 10:03 PM
I crossed paths with 3 football people today who follow other clubs and they hit me almost straight away with: "Did you see Mo Salah's goal this morning?" :fap:
Nearly saw it (& them) live. Set alarm for 2:30am to watch 2nd half. Fricken Footylight app froze from the...wait for it...49th minute... :banghead:

Anyway, showed the kids the goals this morning.
From now on, in this house hold we say:- Eeny, meeny, miny, Mo Salah

That 'yoga' celebration... :wub:

Bremsstrahlung
18-04-2019, 07:55 PM
1. If you had to lose VVD, Salah or Mane, who would you sell?
2. Where are we weakest?
3. Who would you like to see us sign?
4. New kit?

plague
18-04-2019, 08:35 PM
2. Where are we weakest?
4. New kit?

1. Salah in a heartbeat because he would get you the most money to be able to buy a cheaper replacement - something Liverpool has done well lately.......post Andy Carroll or course (you cant sell VVD).
2. Jordan Henderson, and even he's playing really well at the moment.
3. Suarez, Coutinho, Torres, Arzani.
4. Take the money homie. If Nike gonna give you a record deal, i dont care if its just a swoosh covering their man bits. Its not like Liverpool havent had their fair share of truly awful kits in that past. They are used to it.

Premy
19-04-2019, 11:05 AM
2. Where are we weakest?
4. New kit?

1. Is none an option? If I had to choose it would be Salah.
2. Creativity from Midfield
3. Jadon Sancho, Frankie de Jong or Phil Foden
4. Loooooooove it.

Schultz
19-04-2019, 08:01 PM
2. Where are we weakest?
4. New kit?

1. None.
2. Midfield striking options
3. Coutinho for point 2
4. Adidas please!

Premy
19-04-2019, 09:56 PM
4. Adidas please!
It's New Balance and it's already been launched.
It's also amazing.

Bremsstrahlung
20-04-2019, 07:38 AM
Barcelona price away tickets at 119 for travelling away supporters
Liverpool make their away tickets 119 also.
Liverpool are using the 31 difference from the usual price structure to subsidise their fans travelling to Barca and paying the inflated price.
Pretty good work from them imo.

Bremsstrahlung
20-04-2019, 07:45 AM
Kit deal with New Balance expires May 2020. So this kit is the last one they’ll put out unless they can find some cash.
I scoffed at the leaked mashup of it. Same design but just looked rubbish. I wasn’t a fan of the yellow NB and LFC logos with white sponsor. I usually find too much yellow/gold on the front a bit off putting as it reminds me of the warrior kits.

The IRL pictures look great though. Nice homage to the 80s kit.
Miller’s tweet was pretty good value also.

plague
20-04-2019, 09:07 AM
Barcelona price away tickets at 119 for travelling away supporters
Liverpool make their away tickets 119 also.
Liverpool are using the 31 difference from the usual price structure to subsidise their fans travelling to Barca and paying the inflated price.
Pretty good work from them imo.

from memory a few clubs have done this to Barca this year.

Bremsstrahlung
20-04-2019, 09:24 AM

Yehp. Wasn’t 100% if Man U passed on their profit to fans but they certainly did. Fair play.
I’m sure all supporters are appreciative of these gestures.

StannyCFCJET
20-04-2019, 10:50 AM

Spanish clubs always do this

StannyCFCJET
20-04-2019, 10:53 AM
Also as much as I hate Liverpool, I hope their fans stay safe in Barcelona because Barcelona Stewards will attack you as may police and you will be lead down routes where Barcelona ultras can attack you. Been happening to all English fans lately

Schultz
20-04-2019, 09:16 PM
It's New Balance and it's already been launched.
It's also amazing.

Yeah I know, not over excited about it; wishing it was ///

plague
20-04-2019, 09:26 PM
Also as much as I hate Liverpool, I hope their fans stay safe in Barcelona because Barcelona Stewards will attack you as may police and you will be lead down routes where Barcelona ultras can attack you. Been happening to all English fans lately

I don't think I've ever seen anyone hate such an unhateable club like you do.

Also: I've met Liverpool fans, and a lot of English football fans in general.
I've also met a lot of Spanish and German police.

I'd back that the cops start about 1% of the dramas you're on about.

But I reckon they finish about 100% of them.

plague
21-04-2019, 12:18 AM
ok sorry lads now that the title is over what is the record amount of points a team has go coming 2nd in the Prems history?

has legit Liverpool only lost one game and not gonna win the title?

thats bonkers.

Retro Jet
21-04-2019, 12:44 AM
Didn't Lenny Kravits sing once "It ain't over till it's over?" :tongue:

That would be sh!t, eh? Losing one game all season and not claiming it...assuming it stays that way.

I managed to see a clip of the goal at HT on my app. Shit defending...

StannyCFCJET
21-04-2019, 02:05 AM
I don't think I've ever seen anyone hate such an unhateable club like you do.

Also: I've met Liverpool fans, and a lot of English football fans in general.
I've also met a lot of Spanish and German police.

I'd back that the cops start about 1% of the dramas you're on about.

But I reckon they finish about 100% of them.

Well Im only going off whats been reported from Chelsea Tottenham and Arsenal fans on their last few trips to spain. Why do spanish stadium stewards need batons anyway?

plague
21-04-2019, 08:33 AM
Why do spanish stadium stewards need batons anyway?

because liquored up football fans can be someone assholeish.

Retro Jet
22-04-2019, 09:00 AM
Didn't Lenny Kravits sing once "It ain't over till it's over?" :tongue:

This comment is seriously under scrutiny with 'the Goodison Pk debacle'.
:rof:

They didn't look like a team searching for a top 4 place.
Then again, they might not be so cocky on the 25th.
Turns into game of the season for Man U now.

Bremsstrahlung
22-04-2019, 09:32 AM
Think the Barcelona defeat and now this will be great from a Liverpool perspective.

Getting pumped 4-0 by Everton puts everyone on notice and manage definitely doesn’t wanna get beaten again.
Add to that the Manchester derby.
I’m just being optimistic. They’ll probably draw and we will drop points to Wolverhampton on the last day

Retro Jet
22-04-2019, 09:53 AM
I've had a few optimistic hopes m'self.
One of them is a certain Coastie saves a pen on the last day for the reds to win it.

plague
22-04-2019, 10:47 AM
Best chance of City dropping points would be Lester because United are trash.

City ain't dropping points though.

Frodo
22-04-2019, 12:43 PM
Best chance of City dropping points would be Lester because United are trash.

City ain't dropping points though.

Leicester have already finished for the year, they weren't great against West Ham at all.

Not sure how United can get any points out of City. Ole has started playing players out of position and he can't get his players to work/run hard. Everton ran 8kms more than United and they didn't look like they worked hard for it. Thats not the issue you want to rectify against City.

Bremsstrahlung
22-04-2019, 12:52 PM
I've had a few optimistic hopes m'self.
One of them is a certain Coastie saves a pen on the last day for the reds to win it.

Just had a look at Brighton’s draw.
Fark.
Spurs, Newcastle, Arsenal and City. There’s a good possibility they’ll be playing to stay up on the final day.

MFKS
25-04-2019, 01:51 PM
How good was that Lingaard miss??

Bloke ought to be investigated for match fixing

Bremsstrahlung
25-04-2019, 03:11 PM
Whole United team should be investigated for their efforts this season.

StannyCFCJET
25-04-2019, 03:53 PM

Roy Keane on sky sports went whack on pogba

Retro Jet
26-04-2019, 01:28 AM

ManUre?
Man Useless ftw

Jeterpool
27-04-2019, 07:42 AM
Job done for this match day

plague
27-04-2019, 10:39 AM
The technique on Manes 2nd header was out of this world. Something so freaking difficult was made to look routine. amazing.
There was a lot of debate about him and Pogba being in the PFA team of the year but id argue hes been the most efficient and ruthless striker all season.
Im a huge Aguero fan but Mane has had a better year than him.

Bremsstrahlung
27-04-2019, 01:38 PM
I think Mane has been great. I wanted more from him this season. He needed to work on his consistency. He had a period last season where he didn’t contribute very much and was very one dimensional in attack.

This season especially the second half, he has been incredibly consistent.
I agree his header this morning, both of them, are great examples of how to finish.

plague
27-04-2019, 02:09 PM
they looked pretty clunky without Firmino though. Poor Sturridge was trying way too hard to impress and he just needed to do the little things right to look good.

Those two fullbacks though, wowsers they can find a blokes run and hit them in stride cant they. goodness me.

forgot all about that Joe Gomez too, i think hes a good player but he goes away for 2 mins and theres someone else coming in and impressing you.

this is gonna be so hard to explain if Liverpool come 2nd.

MFKS
27-04-2019, 04:02 PM
they looked pretty clunky without Firmino though. Poor Sturridge was trying way too hard to impress and he just needed to do the little things right to look good.

Those two fullbacks though, wowsers they can find a blokes run and hit them in stride cant they. goodness me.

forgot all about that Joe Gomez too, i think hes a good player but he goes away for 2 mins and theres someone else coming in and impressing you.

this is gonna be so hard to explain if Liverpool come 2nd.

How is it going to be hard to explain? ?

You lynch the coach for taking a draw and not having a crack against a lame Man U side with no subs and 1 crock before HT

That will be the result the Scouser will be left to rue and it will be all self inflicted

Frodo
05-05-2019, 07:20 AM
For those playing at home.

If Atsu doesn't bury that, Trent Alex-Arnold is red carded and Newcastle have a penalty. That would have been a long time with 10 men against a Newcastle side who are definitely up for it.

Atsu may have saved you there.

Jeterpool
05-05-2019, 07:38 AM
This fixture always had a narrative. Just another chapter today

Bremsstrahlung
05-05-2019, 08:55 AM
For those playing at home.

If Atsu doesn't bury that, Trent Alex-Arnold is red carded and Newcastle have a penalty. That would have been a long time with 10 men against a Newcastle side who are definitely up for it.

Atsu may have saved you there.

Agree.

boz-monaut
07-05-2019, 08:18 AM
Mooy said it best:

http://i.imgur.com/naSBSMR.jpg

Bremsstrahlung
07-05-2019, 08:47 AM
Part of me is happy to lose to a goal like that. Fark. Did they let him out of the nursing home to do that? Legit thought he’d been retired at the start of the year.
Another part of me thinks Kompany does shit like this in training and has to run to London to collect the 99999 balls that didn’t hit the target.

plague
07-05-2019, 09:41 AM
Get on Wolves this weekend. You'll make money.

plague
07-05-2019, 10:41 AM
Did you see that stat that Kompany has had 37 shots from outside the box in his EPL career.
Guess how many went in?

Yep.

MFKS
07-05-2019, 12:00 PM
Did you see that stat that Kompany has had 37 shots from outside the box in his EPL career.
Guess how many went in?

Yep.

The only one he needed to put in ??

MFKS
07-05-2019, 12:07 PM
Mooy said it best:

http://i.imgur.com/naSBSMR.jpg

Liverpool though have committed mistakes

They didn't beat a beat up Man U at OT and instead played conservatively
They didn't beat Everton West Ham or Leicester either

Man C have won 18 in the their last 19 EPL matches
They have in this time won the League Cup and have advanced to the final of the FA Cup
They have also advanced to the quarters of the UCL

Reality is their form has been significantly better than Liverpool

boz-monaut
07-05-2019, 12:20 PM
the point Mooy was making is that Liverpool have had an outstanding season, but they've been beaten by City who've had an even better season - and that this doesn't mean Liverpool are shit or weak

plague
07-05-2019, 12:23 PM
The only one he needed to put in ??

It's funny when Captain Obvious does it, kind of sad when you do.

Jeterpool
07-05-2019, 12:29 PM

Their form will be anywhere between 1 and 4 points (at best) better across 38 games - between 0.8% and 3.5% of the season points. I don't deem that as significant.

These are two incredible teams, regardless of what happens Monday morning.

And realistically, neither team has lost this title yet. City have the distinct advantage.

Jetmaster
07-05-2019, 06:13 PM

City have lost to Palace, Lester and Newcastle remember. 1 point could be it.

A pubic hairs breadth at Etihad separates them. Anyone who comes out on Monday and says City/Pool choked deserves shooting.

Bremsstrahlung
08-05-2019, 07:20 AM
Game on.
Barca will jag a goal at the end and it’ll all be done.

But fark, Liverpool have absolutely outplayed this Barca team for all but 10 minute.

Frodo
08-05-2019, 07:44 AM
Game on.
Barca will jag a goal at the end and it’ll all be done.

But fark, Liverpool have absolutely outplayed this Barca team for all but 10 minute.

This is unbelievable.

Frodo
08-05-2019, 07:46 AM
Also, who said Jordi Alba was world class, lol. All his weaknesses got slaughtered today. He's done more harm than good so far.

Frodo
08-05-2019, 07:57 AM
Well done Liverpool. Surely they have to win it now.
If they play like that, they are unstoppable.

Jeterpool
08-05-2019, 07:59 AM
Tingles

Frodo
08-05-2019, 08:02 AM
Suarez trying to reach ultimate **** status by kicking Robertson off the park. Hope Andy walked/hobbled up afterwards and laughed in his **** face.

boz-monaut
08-05-2019, 08:02 AM
this club....

plague
08-05-2019, 08:03 AM
Football huh?
Crazy.

Bremsstrahlung
08-05-2019, 08:03 AM
Yesssss.
Get in!
Post game YNWA was incredible.

Jeterpool
08-05-2019, 08:06 AM
Yesssss.
Get in!
Post game YNWA was incredible.

So was

baldrick
08-05-2019, 08:19 AM
Genuinely pleased for our Liverpool supporting mates.

Jeterpool
08-05-2019, 08:28 AM

thanks mate.

A pretty special match as a fan, a great story for the neutral.

Frodo
08-05-2019, 08:43 AM
thanks mate.

A pretty special match as a fan, a great story for the neutral.

I see how it is Jeterpool. Favoritism at its finest... (See my earlier comment regarding the win)

Also, with all this Arsenal fans love on your great day, I am expecting some reciprocating love on Friday morning when we try to do the impossible and.... Play well on the road!!

I enjoyed that game very much, loved the 4th. Also loved the 2nd when Alba just gave up. Great game.

Jeterpool
08-05-2019, 08:47 AM
this club....

:brrr:

Jeterpool
08-05-2019, 08:49 AM
I see how it is Jeterpool. Favoritism at its finest... (See my earlier comment regarding the win)

Also, with all this Arsenal fans love on your great day, I am expecting some reciprocating love on Friday morning when we try to do the impossible and.... Play well on the road!!

I enjoyed that game very much, loved the 4th. Also loved the 2nd when Alba just gave up. Great game.

If you believe then you can do the impossible ha ha!

That 4th...Big Div didn't even know what was happening. I reckon he heard Trent kick the ball and bang it's at his feet

Retro Jet
08-05-2019, 09:03 AM
I had to watch 2nd 1/2 with Footylight ticker at work.
Goose bumps...all over.

Granted the 1st leg scoreline and opposition, is this the biggest comeback in European football history?

Jeterpool
08-05-2019, 09:14 AM
Goose bumps...all over.

Granted the 1st leg scoreline and opposition, is this the biggest comeback in European football history?

It's being discussed but is debatable.

I still think the PSG v Barca game was a bigger comeback. I remember watching that game and laughing at how unbelievable it was. It gets my vote.

Biggest for Liverpool - possibly. Throw Dortmund in there, the drama around Olympiacos, Istanbul (of course) to name but a few.

Premy
08-05-2019, 09:26 AM
Goose bumps...all over.

Don't get me wrong it was absolutely amazing, however.
Biggest comeback is a huge call.

I would say Istanbul was a bigger comeback than this game, 3-0 down at halftime in a CL final to a brilliant AC Milan side. This Barcelona result doesn't even compare to that.

I want to enjoy this moment but we still haven't won anything yet. We need to do the job on a decent Wolverhampton and hope Gypo Ryan gets a clean sheet. If we can somehow we the league and come home from Madrid as Champions, all these years of torture would have been worth it.

plague
08-05-2019, 09:41 AM
Surely Hawk had wifi on his yacht to watch the game yeah?

StannyCFCJET
08-05-2019, 10:30 AM
Fair play Liverpool

plague
08-05-2019, 10:56 AM
not sure if anyone else pays attention to Martin Tyler the way I do, but there was such a level of inevitability in his voice today. He 'knew' it was happening, because hed seen it so many times.
If you go back and isolate the commentary on the goals he doesnt even get 'that' excited. not that hes one of these american style lunatics, but he was all like, "yep here we go again, sit back and enjoy folks, but this aint my first rodeo".

plague
08-05-2019, 11:47 AM
so who are Liverpool gonna buy with the $150m they get for Origi?

Premy
08-05-2019, 11:54 AM
so who are Liverpool gonna buy with the $150m they get for Origi?

I think Origi just got himself an upgraded and extended contract offer with that performance today. Will he want to stay and ride the pine being used sparingly will be another question.

Frodo
08-05-2019, 12:06 PM
I think Origi just got himself an upgraded and extended contract offer with that performance today. Will he want to stay and ride the pine being used sparingly will be another question.

I slagged him off so hard last week and then he comes out and does this. I do well enough to make myself look stupid without your help Divick, jeez.

Looks like he ran himself into an injury too, which is a shame.

plague
08-05-2019, 12:24 PM
gotta admit, the "**** off Suarez" chant was pretty funny.

Jetmaster
08-05-2019, 02:07 PM
Live in a Liverpool household but I don't support them - I now have to wear a Scouse shirt for a photo after losing a bet ffs..

Well done to them for that though.

Jeterpool
08-05-2019, 02:12 PM
I slagged him off so hard last week and then he comes out and does this. I do well enough to make myself look stupid without your help Divick, jeez.

Looks like he ran himself into an injury too, which is a shame.

Love you to slag the entire team off, thanks

pv4
08-05-2019, 03:37 PM

Roma did almost identical to this comeback last year against Barca, 4-1 loss away into 3-0 win at home. If anything, that was bigger because it was first - now it's just seemingly a Barca trend :oops:

Agreed with others, it isn't even Liverpool's biggest CL comeback.

Retro Jet
08-05-2019, 08:05 PM
Hi all
I guess with the comeback I had in my mind the fact that Mo and Bobby weren't in the team either.
The write off factor after the away leg was a huge mountain to climb. Nobody gave them a chance.

Istanbul:- we effectively did that without Harry :blush::blink:

I wouldn't want to be Jurgen Klopp come team selection time in June.
Does he go wiith Shaqiri and Origi now of if fit, do Firmino and Salah slot straight back in?

redwah
08-05-2019, 08:15 PM

That’s not what you were saying by the end of the day..hahaha

But thanks

baldrick
08-05-2019, 08:43 PM
That’s not what you were saying by the end of the day..hahaha

But thanks

Today was the least grumpy I’ve ever seen you :lol:

MFKS
08-05-2019, 09:23 PM
That last goal

Can anyone explain how 11 elite players switched off like that??

You see 1 or 2 guys in a team turn off and make a glaring mistake but to see 11 guys do it is surreal

To do it at 3-3 on agg in a UCL semi with 15 to go is scandalous

That goal was that bad that I don't think I could even live long enough to see the Jets do it

traffic light
08-05-2019, 10:49 PM
Win unbelievable game, check. slip up on the final game, check check. You have been warned.

Retro Jet
09-05-2019, 02:03 AM
That last goal

Can anyone explain how 11 elite players switched off like that??

You see 1 or 2 guys in a team turn off and make a glaring mistake but to see 11 guys do it is surreal

To do it at 3-3 on agg in a UCL semi with 15 to go is scandalous

That goal was that bad that I don't think I could even live long enough to see the Jets do it

I was showing my kids the highlights today and that goal in particular. One of the replays from behind shows ter Stegen 'clapping encouragement'
looking out at his players whilst TAA is knocking in the quick corner to Origi. :rof:

If you watch it again, they can't cry foul on the ball incident either. TAA wins the corner, the ball bounces back of the advertising ball
back out (or in?) to Origi. TAA gets another ball, puts in the corner arc and THAT's the ball that's next multi ball in play. Don't see that? GTFO.
Origi kicks said 'dead ball' to a ball boy who picks it up. Don't see that? GTFO.
They're all standing around like stale bottles of p!ss when TAA doubles back and hits it in.
As Agent Smith says when Neo bleeds in Reloaded: Only human...

Bremsstrahlung
09-05-2019, 07:33 AM
Win unbelievable game, check. slip up on the final game, check check. You have been warned.

This Ajax team don’t fear anybody. And are playing out of their skins. If we sorry for them, they are going to get raided over the summer.

Hopefully, we can assume the role of the “superior” team. I feel like we have been that “have a crack at anybody” type of team over the last few years, but when like the final last year, when up against teams that know how to win like Madrid who have world class experiences player who can shut games down.

I’m nervous.

Bremsstrahlung
09-05-2019, 07:40 AM
I was showing my kids the highlights today and that goal in particular. One of the replays from behind shows ter Stegen 'clapping encouragement'
looking out at his players whilst TAA is knocking in the quick corner to Origi. :rof:

If you watch it again, they can't cry foul on the ball incident either. TAA wins the corner, the ball bounces back of the advertising ball
back out (or in?) to Origi. TAA gets another ball, puts in the corner arc and THAT's the ball that's next multi ball in play. Don't see that? GTFO.
Origi kicks said 'dead ball' to a ball boy who picks it up. Don't see that? GTFO.
They're all standing around like stale bottles of p!ss when TAA doubles back and hits it in.

It makes me chuckle.
It’s the same as getting a free kick. Placing it down and banging it in before there’s a chance to mark out the wall. (Provided nobody asks for the 10yds). It’s against convention but totally legal. They completely assumed it would be a big ceremonial corner where we wait for our big men to come forward etc.

I’m actually interested to hear truthfully if this was planned. When I played state league 19s we devised a similar plan for free kicks that weren’t ceremonial where one person placed the ball and pretended to start pacing out their run up, while another ran and kicked it.

I feel like you’d never expect Barcelona to not pay attention though.
I know TAA and Wijnaldum devised a plan a few weeks ago when they noticed something in the first half.
TAA has so much potential. Can see him being next Captain if he is the leadership type.

Bremsstrahlung
09-05-2019, 08:29 AM
This Ajax team don’t fear anybody. And are playing out of their skins. If we sorry for them, they are going to get raided over the summer.

Hopefully, we can assume the role of the “superior” team. I feel like we have been that “have a crack at anybody” type of team over the last few years, but when like the final last year, when up against teams that know how to win like Madrid who have world class experiences player who can shut games down.

I’m nervous.

I’d like to apologise to Ajax fans and also our arsenal pals for jinxing them.

plague
09-05-2019, 08:33 AM
I need to step away from the football for a bit.
It's all a bit much at the moment.

pv4
09-05-2019, 08:55 AM

I have a severe hatred of teams not putting men on the posts for corners. And I don't give a shit what your Ron Smith's say about the stats etc relating to the topic, I doubt I'll ever be convinced otherwise. I find it genuinely criminal that coaches would allow blokes like Ben Kennedy & Vedran Janjetovic the freedom to have their posts empty, and I froth every time a simple goal could have been stopped by having guys there goes in. Which brings me to Liverpool's 4th from yesterday, if Barca had men on posts by default then the space the corner found wouldn't have been free as there would have been more foot traffic in that area - the post man probably would have been running in that exact spot heading for his post at that time. That goal was music to my ears solely from a post man perspective, and it got even better thinking about the instinct & vision relating to it in general.

plague
09-05-2019, 10:26 AM
I know TAA and Wijnaldum devised a plan a few weeks ago when they noticed something in the first half.

Post game Klopp said that he emphasised to the players that they had to be unpredictable. He said Barca were structured and great knowing where they needed to be, that if Liverpool went a bit wacky then they might not be ready for it.
He freely admitted that telling the players was easy, and that 'doing it' was difficult. He said the TAA corner was a perfect example, but that even Klopp had no idea he was gonna do it.
Again, the coach had every chance there to tell the world how clever he is, but he deferred to the players. As soon as I heard that comment for some reason I thought of Scott Miller and chuckled.

baldrick
09-05-2019, 08:07 PM
I need to step away from the football for a bit.
It's all a bit much at the moment.

Too much football is barely enough

Jetmaster
10-05-2019, 02:10 PM
So if City fail to beat Brighton, and they win, Liverpool fans will be forever indebted to a Gypo.

Ethical dilemma.

Jeterpool
10-05-2019, 02:52 PM
So if City fail to beat Brighton, and they win, Liverpool fans will be forever indebted to a Gypo.

Ethical dilemma.

Already thought about it and decided I am 100% fine with it.

plague
10-05-2019, 04:15 PM
Already thought about it and decided I am 100% fine with it.

legit Mr Pool, i like you and all, but you cant be out there just saying 'that' in public.

plague
10-05-2019, 04:17 PM

Ethical dilemma.

the only real answer is that Liverpool fans all hope the gypo gets injured in the warm up and they ring a Newy legend like BK who has never played for the gypos to play against Citeh and keep the clean sheet.

Retro Jet
13-05-2019, 01:39 AM
Well...it was looking good there...for about 55 seconds. :blink::facepalm:

Bremsstrahlung
13-05-2019, 02:47 AM
Yehhh. Despite knowing City are better than losing to Brighton, and there was a stack of time left, it was hard not to feel a glimmer of hope.
In the end, I’m not disappointed. We have had a great season. One loss. 3rd biggest points total. Bar two amazing city seasons. It’s sucks a season this good doesn’t win. 25 points clear of 3rd. If you told me we’d be playing on the last day with a Chance to win I’d have taken that.
Unless City, lose a few players, it’s hard to see them not being favourites for next season too.
Well done to them.

StannyCFCJET
13-05-2019, 02:59 AM
Now you can focus on the UCL and smash Spurs

Frodo
13-05-2019, 06:11 AM
If you have to lose a title. Lose it to one of the greatest EPL sides of all time.* Sorry boys, please listen to Stanny on this one and beats spuds in the UCL. A UCL title is better than a league title anyway.

Maybe 3rd best of all time after Arsenal and United??

plague
27-05-2019, 10:34 PM
So is this Memphis Depay stuff true?
anyone seen him play lately? is he any good?

Bremsstrahlung
27-05-2019, 10:53 PM
We will be linked to alot of decent players over the next 3-4 months.
So far: Lemar, Depay, Werner, Ramos, cardrosa etc.
silly season.
I’m hoping for Werner.

MFKS
28-05-2019, 02:01 AM
We will be linked to alot of decent players over the next 3-4 months.
So far: Lemar, Depay, Werner, Ramos, cardrosa etc.
silly season.
I’m hoping for Werner.

Go Ramos

Him Salah and Klopp together be special

Premy
28-05-2019, 09:09 AM
Go Ramos

Him Salah and Klopp together be special

Klopp has already said he wouldn't even take Ramos on a free transfer.

MFKS
29-05-2019, 03:00 PM
Klopp has already said he wouldn't even take Ramos on a free transfer.

That probably why Kopp don't win trophies

Won't sign players who are actual winners

Ramos is one of the best man on man 1v1 defenders in Europe

Structurally he would suit Liverpool very well

Frodo
29-05-2019, 03:49 PM
That probably why Kopp don't win trophies

Won't sign players who are actual winners

Ramos is one of the best man on man 1v1 defenders in Europe

Structurally he would suit Liverpool very well

Ramos would suit City more than Liverpool.

But he's about to suit China for a basquillion dollars a week for a few years much better.

Or ya know, this is all an act and he's not going anywhere... Just as it was 3-4 years ago when he threatened to leave and didn't do a damn thing.

Retro Jet
01-06-2019, 12:16 AM
https://youtu.be/gPYyd8VqVzo

All 5 Cups. Simply...WOW
6 of the best for his old boy lads.
No pressure...

Jeterpool
02-06-2019, 09:12 AM
6 times :brrr:

Retro Jet
02-06-2019, 11:26 AM
https://youtu.be/gPYyd8VqVzo

All 5 Cups. Simply...WOW
6 of the best for his old boy lads.
No pressure...

6 times :brrr:

RedmenTV should follow that bloke up...

Jim
02-06-2019, 11:41 AM
Doesnt make up for the epl but it makes the season successful

boz-monaut
03-06-2019, 09:42 AM
not sure if you've seen the footage of Henderson hugging his dad after the game - here it is if you haven't:

https://reddit.app.link/fSSCJO6AcX

background to that hug is here:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jun/02/moving-scenes-liverpool-champions-league-final-jordan-henderson

maybe don't watch and read it if you've just put mascara on

plague
03-06-2019, 11:22 AM
another bit of cool footage.
https://www.beinsports.com/au/uefa-champions-league/video/arsene-wenger-sings-ynwa-at-ucl-final/1207465
Jose and Wenger in the booth together as the Reds fans sing YNWA.
The best bit is the 'host' waffling on while they watch the crowd and Jose just cuts him off with "this is more beautiful than anything we can say".

Also, im filthy we didnt get the whole telecast of Jose and Wenger together. Would have been fabulous.

Oh, and United fans gonna be fake outraged over Jose saying something nice about Reds fans. Can only imagine.

Jeterpool
03-06-2019, 11:59 AM
https://www.beinsports.com/au/uefa-champions-league/video/arsene-wenger-sings-ynwa-at-ucl-final/1207465
The best bit is the 'host' waffling on while they watch the crowd and Jose just cuts him off with "this is more beautiful than anything we can say".

Also, im filthy we didnt get the whole telecast of Jose and Wenger together. Would have been fabulous.

Oh, and United fans gonna be fake outraged over Jose saying something nice about Reds fans. Can only imagine.

There was some interesting candid footage of Jose and Arsene having a chat together (most likely about football) going around on twitter too.

Jose really wanted the Liverpool job after Houllier left but the hierarchy at the time didn't like him - if stories around this are led to believe.

StannyCFCJET
03-06-2019, 12:55 PM
Jose is coming back to Chelsea apparently

StannyCFCJET
03-06-2019, 12:57 PM
Jose is coming back to Chelsea apparently

Whoops wrong thread

Retro Jet
03-06-2019, 02:43 PM
That theme gives me goosbumps...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7mQsvYopJ8

I sent some PM's to peepes over the weekend with some interesting subject lines - using lyrics from the song.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/uefa-champions-league-anthem-meaning

Retro Jet
03-06-2019, 02:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=336&v=T4v3zQj8ZkI

Parade - all 4+ hours of it :rof:

plague
03-06-2019, 04:49 PM
4 finals in 14 years is a pretty extraordinary.
Taking Madrid out of the equation because they own the damn thing.
For all the league domination of Juve/Bayern/Barca in that time none have been in the final more than Liverpool.
especially as there has been very little 'continuity' during that run.

and hows this for a stat, because stats are lyfe.

No one has made a successful dribble past Van Dijk in his last 64 matches for Liverpool across all competitions.
Not one.

Thats pretty nuts.

yay stats.

baldrick
03-06-2019, 05:22 PM

I was annoyed the Optus coverage waffled on over YNWA just before the start of the game. Idiots.

plague
03-06-2019, 05:31 PM
I was annoyed the Optus coverage waffled on over YNWA just before the start of the game. Idiots.

yep, biggest game of the year (and some reds/spurs fans lifetimes) but yeah lets have some more hot takes from Richard Bayless or whatever buddys name was.

Frodo
03-06-2019, 06:02 PM

No one has made a successful dribble past Van Dijk in his last 64 matches for Liverpool across all competitions.
Not one.

Thats pretty nuts.

yay stats.

Except for when Gnabry did it about a month ago. And then when Andre Gomes did it about a month earlier than that.

Beware of the Sportsbible Koolaid, Plague. It'll get ya.

VVD is a great defender, and a great organiser. But tackling isn't his greatest strength by far. Hence the reason he constantly just drops 30 yards deeper rather than making a tackle. He needs to have a Matip or a Gomez beside him to do the tackling. The fact that he doesn't need to make more than 1 tackle per game shows how good Liverpool's defensive structure as a team is.

Bremsstrahlung
03-06-2019, 06:30 PM
Okay, it’s a day later and I’m still somewhat troubled by how bad Origi was for all but 5 seconds.
His pass completion was documented as 50% but I reckon that’s being generous.
When we are trying to preserve a 1-0 lead with less than 20 to go, making useless passes just invites more pressure.

Anyway. Just needed to vent that.

plague
03-06-2019, 06:37 PM
Except for when Gnabry did it about a month ago. And then when Andre Gomes did it about a month earlier than that.

I'm sorry, are you coming back at my STAT by using just words?

I'm sorry my friend but you're gonna need a better STAT to have any chance of debugging my watertight factual STAT.

Bremsstrahlung
03-06-2019, 06:54 PM
Backing plague up with the definition for his stat. (A definition is almost as good as a stat right?)
Apparently it only counts if VVD (or any other player) attempts to tackle the player. So if he runs past VVD and VVD turns to run alongside him and is eventually outrun, it’s not dribbling past, just running.

pv4
03-06-2019, 07:01 PM
Backing plague up with the definition for his stat. (A definition is almost as good as a stat right?)
Apparently it only counts if VVD (or any other player) attempts to tackle the player. So if he runs past VVD and VVD turns to run alongside him and is eventually outrun, it’s not dribbling past, just running.

Question

If Daniel Arzani's evades meets VVD's dribbles, would we be looking at a cat strapped to buttered toast type scenario here

plague
03-06-2019, 08:27 PM
Question

If Daniel Arzani's evades meets VVD's dribbles, would we be looking at a cat strapped to buttered toast type scenario here

obviously it would require VVD eventually getting good enough to get picked in a SPL team (pffft, as if he'd ever get 'that' good).
Then we may just see it happen.

legit though Arzani gonna take his lunch money by the 10min mark. book it.

plague
03-06-2019, 08:28 PM

see, this is how you use words correctly.
they back up my argument, therefore these are good words.

pv4
03-06-2019, 08:48 PM
obviously it would require VVD eventually getting good enough to get picked in a SPL team (pffft, as if he'd ever get 'that' good).

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/BAWN6MFF0R8ee4cFF6lgJArUSNGhAe3L1igYiVjNcs6bTK2Z3m inNH1Va6_uiNJuSJf8EuFL4wdkUsaqKaJ6j0i1ihlWBtzQxui6 IPw=w350-h197-nc

Bremsstrahlung
04-06-2019, 07:16 AM
VVD already has his chance at Celtic, was trash. They sold him off for 5M or something. No way they’d take him back.

Also, lols at Can congratulating LFC, followed by every LFC supporter thanking him.....for leaving to make way for Fabinho. Haha.

Jeterpool
04-06-2019, 08:41 AM
[QUOTE=Bremsstrahlung;22567
Also, lols at Can congratulating LFC, followed by every LFC supporter thanking him.....for leaving to make way for Fabinho. Haha.[/QUOTE]

This is so so true. How quickly he was forgotten.

plague
04-06-2019, 01:48 PM
discussion time:
Does anyone on that Liverpool team like Mane?
I love Mane, but no one on that team seems t celebrate with him, everyone was yelling at him in the post game esp Loveren (of all ****ing people).

I have based this conclusion on pretty much no evidence and some flimsy assumptions from viewing games.

Bremsstrahlung
04-06-2019, 02:25 PM
Haha, good point. I noted the same thing. Watching the YNWA post game celebration in front of the fans.
And everyone is linking arms and singing with the fans (what a great advertisement for this sport) and there he is having his own little dance with his flag having a jolly time.

Also had numerous chuckles at watching lovren celebrate and tell everyone else what to do etc.
good lols haha

Retro Jet
04-06-2019, 05:58 PM
Okay, it’s a day later and I’m still somewhat troubled by how bad Origi was for all but 5 seconds.
His pass completion was documented as 50% but I reckon that’s being generous.
When we are trying to preserve a 1-0 lead with less than 20 to go, making useless passes just invites more pressure.

Anyway. Just needed to vent that.

I can confirm that the surnames Origi and Pinto were uttered together in the same sentence by one Mr Jeterpool after a few stray passes by our boy Divock.
A little more patience and experience and he could have had some teammates through on some enterprising runs at Hugo Lloris.

Jeterpool
04-06-2019, 06:22 PM
I can confirm that the surnames Origi and Pinto were uttered together in the same sentence by one Mr Jeterpool after a few stray passes by our boy Divock.
A little more patience and experience and he could have had some teammates through on some enterprising runs at Hugo Lloris.

Yeah I stuffed that one. Did say he could be Pinto'd ha ha! Lucky Klopp knows better than me

redwah
05-06-2019, 05:33 PM
4 finals in 14 years is a pretty extraordinary.
Taking Madrid out of the equation because they own the damn thing.
For all the league domination of Juve/Bayern/Barca in that time none have been in the final more than Liverpool.
especially as there has been very little 'continuity' during that run.

Not one.

Thats pretty nuts.

yay stats.

Since 2000 Liverpool have been in 6 European cup competition finals...not bad going considering some of the teams they’ve had in that time.....

plague
05-06-2019, 06:02 PM
Since 2000 Liverpool have been in 6 European cup competition finals...not bad going considering some of the teams they’ve had in that time.....

I honestly don't think anyone in Liverpool cares about that other European trophy though do they?

I mean, even Chelsea can win that one how hard is it really?

StannyCFCJET
05-06-2019, 06:24 PM
I honestly don't think anyone in Liverpool cares about that other European trophy though do they?

Well Arsenal certainly dont

redwah
06-06-2019, 07:42 PM

Probably not but I’m pretty sure they are proud of the 2001 treble

plague
06-06-2019, 08:23 PM
Probably not but I’m pretty sure they are proud of the 2001 treble

didn't they legit win like 6 trophies in that run? all of them made of tin......but they were still trophies yeah?

redwah
07-06-2019, 01:45 PM
didn't they legit win like 6 trophies in that run? all of them made of tin......but they were still trophies yeah?

Think it was 5 but yeah won a few...still would you rather celebrate winning a trophy or winning **** all

Jeterpool
07-06-2019, 02:08 PM
Alberto Moreno and Daniel Sturridge have been released. I'm not surprised.

Back in the day, I remember there was great discussion at the time who Liverpool should go for between Moreno and Ricardo Rodriquez (who I wanted Liverpool to sign). Never really reached the potential that many associated with him and was more an attacker than he was defensively sound.

Think I'll be going on YouTube to look for some Sturridge goal compilations. Injuries have blighted his career, but the magic he could create as a trio with Suarez and Sterling was fabulous in the near title season.

Premy
07-06-2019, 06:57 PM
Silly season is apon us who do we chase in the transfer market?

For me, I've seen us linked to quite a few already. There are 2 that stand out and they would break the bank but would be worth it.
De Ligt and Mbappe, if we could get those 2 for around £150mil it would send a clear message of intentions.

Bremsstrahlung
07-06-2019, 07:17 PM
I’d like Werner and de Ligt

StannyCFCJET
07-06-2019, 07:43 PM
I’d like Werner and de Ligt

De Ligt we be at Barce So in I reckon they love good young Dutch players

Frodo
07-06-2019, 09:58 PM

For me, I've seen us linked to quite a few already. There are 2 that stand out and they would break the bank but would be worth it.
De Ligt and Mbappe, if we could get those 2 for around £150mil it would send a clear message of intentions.

I'm assuming you mean each? Cause that would be a steal considering Mbappe alone is rated at over £200 million.

plague
07-06-2019, 10:21 PM

but has Klopp ever been a manager that even cares about getting these super top level superduperstars?
He always looks like the kind of bloke that has a type of player he needs, and he hunts down the best value version of that player.
it was interesting to hear how long he'd chased Mane for (at Dortmund as well as Liverpool) before locking him down. id say he had bigger names come across his desk at Liverpool but Mane was what he wanted, so thats who he got.

hes the kind of bloke that will find the next Sancho or Alcacer and sign them for about $2.50.

Jeterpool
08-06-2019, 08:20 AM

Those two would be statement signings but I think if they were to sign it would cause issues with the wage structure.

I expect signings of players we have heard of, that build further depth on the bench, but have wage demands more aligned with the structure of the squad.

The example I've heard on a podcast (Anfield wrap) is De Ligt - likely offered $300K a week from Utd. Even if he takes a pay cut to go to Liverpool, say $240K (20%) then he's still over Van Dijk, Salah, Mane - who will all start knocking on the door because is De Ligt actually better than them?? I don't think so (yet).

Poshpom
09-06-2019, 12:06 AM
The example I've heard on a podcast (Anfield wrap) is De Ligt - likely offered $300K a week from Utd. Even if he takes a pay cut to go to Liverpool, say $240K (20%) then he's still over Van Dijk, Salah, Mane - who will all start knocking on the door because is De Ligt actually better than them?? I don't think so (yet).

Read today that Salah is Liverpool's highest paid player on GBP200K, compared to De Bruyne at Man City on GBP350K, paying De Ligt above the odds at this stage of his career would likely cause problems within the squad as well as break the wage structure.

Anyway, food for thought, is De Ligt a better central defender at this point of his career than Trent Alexander-Arnold is as a right back? Wonder what TTA is on?

Jeterpool
09-06-2019, 06:10 PM
Read today that Salah is Liverpool's highest paid player on GBP200K, compared to De Bruyne at Man City on GBP350K, paying De Ligt above the odds at this stage of his career would likely cause problems within the squad as well as break the wage structure.

We're definitely aligned.

Poshpom
09-06-2019, 08:50 PM
We're definitely aligned.

It's starting to look as if he's waiting to see who offers the most coin, with Gomez back and Matip playing so well, I'd pass on De Ligt.

Retro Jet
11-06-2019, 11:47 PM
These Bruno Fernandes rumours are getting stronger...
https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/rumour-mill-liverpool-set-to-sign-bruno-fernandes-danny-rose-says-hes-ready-to-leave-tottenham/news-story/08834841ec80c1cff94e8244a60ef780

Bremsstrahlung
14-06-2019, 08:50 AM
Heading over in December but FMD there’s some average fixtures.
Obviously Merseyside Derby would be awesome (and sold out) but there’s about 9 fixtures around this period where 27 points wouldn’t be surprising.

Just in time for us to go top at Christmas and complete the triple Of being the only club in the last 848484 years to be top and not go on to win it.

Retro Jet
26-06-2019, 12:56 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrG3C-R7D5s

Some great insights in this one. On field conversations especially.
Enjoy Reds fans.

Jeterpool
05-08-2019, 09:48 AM
I really enjoyed the Community Shield this morning, despite the result not going the way I would have liked. Both teams are looking really good ahead of the season.

plague
05-08-2019, 11:58 AM
I really enjoyed the Community Shield this morning, despite the result not going the way I would have liked. Both teams are looking really good ahead of the season.

Liverpool's 2nd half was way better than expected.

Jeterpool
05-08-2019, 12:09 PM
Liverpool's 2nd half was way better than expected.

Liverpool really should have won it. Some excellent saves by Bravo, wasted chances by Salah and a spectacular goal line clearance by Walker - wow!

plague
05-08-2019, 12:19 PM
yeah Salah was great. looked very sharp. he def wasnt like that the end of last year.

still dont think they can get as close to Citeh as last year. kind of think they blew their chance (if you call losing one damn game 'blowing it').

pv4
05-08-2019, 01:19 PM
kind of think they blew their chance (if you call losing one damn game 'blowing it').

I call their lead at xmas to not winning the league blowing it, so agreed with your sentiments there. Sometimes I feel our podcasting would be too much of a circlejerk tbh.

plague
05-08-2019, 01:36 PM
Sometimes I feel our podcasting would be too much of a circlejerk tbh.

ok, youre fired.

someone go find Parksey, ive got an offer for him.........

Retro Jet
06-08-2019, 12:38 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mWBaFBb5Ls

This one has served me well over the off season.
A whole new bunch of meme's coming up.

Bremsstrahlung
10-08-2019, 08:05 AM
Was nervous about this one. Our preseason was rubbish.
Thought a newly promoted Norwich was gonna trouble us a bit.

Unfortunately early goal for them.
VVD doesn’t even need to jump to win corners and salah is looking nimble.

Could have been 5-6. Really took the pressure off in second half. Always feels dangerous when we concede after being so chill. Would’ve taken 4-1 beforehand.

Hope Alison is okay!!

boz-monaut
10-08-2019, 08:37 AM
from the little bits of the game I watched I though A-A was pretty terrible

mind you I was asleep for the first half so I may have missed the odd four goals or so

Jetmaster
10-08-2019, 12:36 PM
Apparently Livvapewl have the opportunity to even up the season trophy list with Citeh on Wednesday in the Super Cup against Chelski.

The Super Cup....ah the memories of 80's Barca in all their thuggery..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMvOns0pOcg

Say what you like about old football, it was bloody entertaining - when Cowans got hacked after the penalty I never laughed so hard at a game on TV.

plague
10-08-2019, 02:41 PM
one day Salah gonna work out playing 1-2's with Firminho is way easier that repeatedly trying to dribble though 24 defenders.

imagine how many goals he'll get then.

furns
10-08-2019, 07:33 PM
one day Salah gonna work out playing 1-2's with Firminho is way easier that repeatedly trying to dribble though 24 defenders.

imagine how many goals he'll get then.
Yet still manages to outscore everyone in the league except his own team mate. And some bloke from Arsenal.

plague
10-08-2019, 09:29 PM
Yet still manages to outscore everyone in the league except his own team mate. And some bloke from Arsenal.

hey man i aint hating.

but thinking anything gonna be won by dribbling through 6 dudes is not a good long term strategy.

Bobby Chompers all out there like "yo ill make this easy".

Retro Jet
15-08-2019, 11:12 AM
Liverpool, back from behind (in that city again) go to ET n pens
after a dive from Abraham. He appeals for it too. Fmd...
What are those clowns in the vid box watching?
Another VAR fk up to add to an ever growing list of shockers.

Adrian saves Abraham's pen in the shootout to win it.
1. Karma is a beotch
2. Can't.write.this.sh!t

plague
15-08-2019, 11:39 AM
didnt watch the game. what was the reaction to the ref? always assumed a melting pot of silly old white guys in the booth trying to not be super sexist or just plain condescending for 90 (now 120) mins was gonna be too much.

am happy if no one noticed though.

StannyCFCJET
15-08-2019, 12:40 PM
didnt watch the game. what was the reaction to the ref? always assumed a melting pot of silly old white guys in the booth trying to not be super sexist or just plain condescending for 90 (now 120) mins was gonna be too much.

am happy if no one noticed though.

Ref was fantastic got every decision spot on. And didn't seem to take any shit from players. VAR was also spot on but still hate it.

Bremsstrahlung
15-08-2019, 02:50 PM
Thought refs did well too.

Jetmaster
16-08-2019, 10:36 AM
Pen wasn't a pen and there was strangely little analysis of the incident.

The winning save of course should have been called but apparently rules are "relaxed" because it is a shootout. Why bother?

Bremsstrahlung
16-08-2019, 02:19 PM
With regards to the pen, they didn’t really show any conclusive angles imo.
Not enough to overturn a decision either way.

I noticed the keeper thing also.
There’s a frustrating lack of consistency with things like this. Things that occasionally get pulled up, but often left go through. I’ve always been amazed at how keepers can step forward 2-3 steps before contact is made.
Encroachment on penalties also.

Premy
18-08-2019, 08:54 AM
So how long until Allison is back?

Bremsstrahlung
18-08-2019, 09:09 AM
Rofl.
Perfect game to demonstrate the effect of scoring a goal.
They were all over us first half. We scored and came out in control and the second just ended their game. They were gone and it had potential to get out of hand.
Then Adrian gifts them a goal and they look full of energy and life again.

I literally had just been thinking how nice it is to not be scared of losing games from stupid Liverpool shit.
Thanks to Adrian for ensuring I’m still nervous.
That’s 2 goals in 2 games he’s gifted the opposition.
They said he was training with a 6th division Spanish team before we got him.

Also, uncontested drop ball? Wtf. Southampton player pretty much lays his legs over the ball and continuously plays at it while on the ground. Liverpool player trying to kick it out.
Why a drop ball? Penalise Southampton for laying on the ball in a dangerous manner or penalise Liverpool for kicking him.

Retro Jet
18-08-2019, 02:10 PM
Rofl.
Perfect game to demonstrate the effect of scoring a goal.
They were all over us first half. We scored and came out in control and the second just ended their game. They were gone and it had potential to get out of hand.
Then Adrian gifts them a goal and they look full of energy and life again.

I literally had just been thinking how nice it is to not be scared of losing games from stupid Liverpool shit.
Thanks to Adrian for ensuring I’m still nervous.
That’s 2 goals in 2 games he’s gifted the opposition.
They said he was training with a 6th division Spanish team before we got him.

Also, uncontested drop ball? Wtf. Southampton player pretty much lays his legs over the ball and continuously plays at it while on the ground. Liverpool player trying to kick it out.
Why a drop ball? Penalise Southampton for laying on the ball in a dangerous manner or penalise Liverpool for kicking him.

He had 2 relaxed options after the touch to his front (Matip) & right (TAA?).
What's that adage in football about playing the easy ball? Fabinho wasn't it dude...
Fmd...
Endear yourself with your new fanbase with a pen save for some silverware then 3 daze later you go and do THAT.
Check out VVD's reaction - face in the hands lofl He even directs it out to the right first time with his arm gesture.
All I can say is that I hope that it's out of his system now. I reckon Klopp would have torn him a new one
in the shed - away from the InsideAnfield cameras of course :grin:

Bremsstrahlung
18-08-2019, 02:42 PM
Alisson did the same thing last season from memory. Tried to take a touch around a player instead of clearing it, resulted in a goal.

But I agree. Idk what he was thinking.

How easy is it to get a Liverpool keepers jersey though. FMD.

plague
18-08-2019, 08:26 PM
Alisson did the same thing last season from memory. Tried to take a touch around a player instead of clearing it, resulted in a goal.

But I agree. Idk what he was thinking.

How easy is it to get a Liverpool keepers jersey though. FMD.

From ESPN:

"Yes: 'You finally arrived, welcome!' [Alisson] did the same," Klopp said when asked what he told Adrian after the match. "Obviously it's a goalie thing at Liverpool, no problem with that as long as we win the games. All good."

Imagine playing for a coach that publicly did this for his players.

Retro Jet
24-08-2019, 12:54 AM
https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/cuck7e/when_im_liverpool_super_cup_edition/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

This is hot off the press.
Not even uploaded to UToob yet.
Shoulda made more of a meal out of the dive.

Bremsstrahlung
24-08-2019, 10:12 AM
Looking for tickets to Liverpool vs Sheffield on New Year’s Day.
When I went over last time, I got tickets through a travel agent and paid about $150-200 for a ticket and hospitality.
Through LFC website the packages are 700+.
The tickets haven’t gone on sale yet because it’s technically a 2020 fixture.
The usual packages through Thomas and cook are all sold out.

There’s a website: Livefootballtickets which has surprisingly good reviews and all the bad reviews are just how the tickets weren’t as advertised (wassup Australian basketball). Downside is most people don’t get the tickets til the day and it’s other people’s season tickets from what I’ve seen.

Alternatively, I can sign up as a member. Sign the Partner up also (I think you need a membership per pass). And give the general sale a crack.
There was a fine print that says you have to sign up pre-30 July to be eigible to purchase tickets.
Not sure if that’s for 2019 portion or the whole season. I don’t wanna sign up and not be eligible.
Obviously have enquired to no avail.

Anybody have any experience in getting tickets recently?

plague
24-08-2019, 02:52 PM
There’s a website: Livefootballtickets which has surprisingly good reviews and all the bad reviews are just how the tickets weren’t as advertised (wassup Australian basketball). Downside is most people don’t get the tickets til the day and it’s other people’s season tickets from what I’ve seen.

i used this site to get tickets for Anfield.
All legit, obviously a couple bucks extra, but all organised. I was sent someone elses season tix to use and they just give you a postpak to send them back. Tickets only got to my hotel day before the game but thats the way they said it would be done. Staff were always on call and answered every email and phone call i needed.
nothing but a positive experience with them.

Bremsstrahlung
24-08-2019, 10:12 PM
i used this site to get tickets for Anfield.
All legit, obviously a couple bucks extra, but all organised. I was sent someone elses season tix to use and they just give you a postpak to send them back. Tickets only got to my hotel day before the game but thats the way they said it would be done. Staff were always on call and answered every email and phone call i needed.
nothing but a positive experience with them.

Ahh awesome. Thanks for the info. Maybe I’ll just do that.
It sounds dodgy. But all the reviews have been much what you’ve said. A few people even said they followed through their 150% refunds if they fail to get tickets.

Maybe I’ll just give that a go. Thankyou!

Bremsstrahlung
01-09-2019, 04:18 AM
Adrian’s distribution is terrible.
I reckon he has given it away 80% of the time when he’s gone long. I guess it’s better than passing it to them short.

plague
01-09-2019, 07:13 AM
Mane had every right to be pissed at Salah.
bloke hogs it way too much.

Bremsstrahlung
01-09-2019, 08:14 AM
Two goals were missed tonight due to him not passing.
Firmino wide open at one point.
Mane open for the other.

Interested to see how this pans out. Up until now, it always appeared one big happy family.

plague
01-09-2019, 08:55 AM
they are lucky they have a bloke like Firmino in the middle of them. bloke is so selfless, and you can see how much everyone enjoys playing with him.
Manes finish today (off a Firmino set up) was sublime. so clinical.

Bremsstrahlung
01-09-2019, 09:14 AM
21 goals in 2019 calendar year for Mane.
14 for Salah.

Mane is the man in form. My criticism of him is that he seemed to be a bit of a one trick Pony, just use his pace to get past people and find a way to finish scrappy 1-on-1s. He’s starting to show signs of increasing his game, he is scoring a few more longer range goals and when he can perfect that, he’s gonna be up there with Hazard as the best in the world.

Salah, still has that spark and ability to make something from nothing. But he isn’t looking as potent as he has been. Imo, Klopp is doing everything right. Subbing off your in form player. Trying to get Salah on the scoresheet to get his confidence, giving origi a run for when we need him. That’s what I’d be doing on fifa, and fifa don’t lie.

We are in a tricky position squad wise and our ability to recruit good back up.
No quality GK, LB, RB, LW, RW or ST is gonna come anywhere near us. Those positions are in stone it seems and you aren’t spending 40M plus on a bench player, nor is somebody worth that coming here to sit on the bench.

I’d argue a CB spot next to VVD and something different in midfield is the only area we can recruit somebody. And when you look at Gomez, Matip and the 2? Young guys Klopp signed, it looks sorted there.
And we have 39473773 midfielders.

Jetmaster
01-09-2019, 12:59 PM
Usual media .... Mane and Salah now hate each other. Both off to Spain....Klopp out.

Retro Jet
14-09-2019, 11:21 PM
...oh Mane, Mane...

Jeterpool
15-09-2019, 12:47 AM
Bobby was sumptuous

Retro Jet
15-09-2019, 01:23 AM
Usual media .... Mane and Salah now hate each other. Both off to Spain....Klopp out.

https://youtu.be/9HcliKMvh7E

Looks hunky dory to me. :rof:

Retro Jet
23-09-2019, 01:28 PM
Back heel assists. :thumbsup:

Premy
01-10-2019, 02:55 PM
Next 6 weeks for Us
Salzburg H
Leicester H
United A
Genk A
Tottenham H
Arsenal H
Villa A
Genk H
City H

Jetmaster
01-10-2019, 03:19 PM
Definitely know where they are headed at the end of that run.

plague
01-10-2019, 03:40 PM
You'll be behind Citeh after that run.

StannyCFCJET
01-10-2019, 06:13 PM
You'll be behind Citeh after that run.

Even if at front they will throw it away

boz-monaut
01-10-2019, 09:18 PM
you guys think you're hilarious trolls but every single Liverpool fan on here agrees

City will catch and overtake Liverpool - they are too solid, too organised and will win their third title comfortably

Frodo
01-10-2019, 09:25 PM
you guys think you're hilarious trolls but every single Liverpool fan on here agrees

City will catch and overtake Liverpool - they are too solid, too organised and will win their third title comfortably

I swear I hear this exact sentence from Bon everytime they play, haha.

Did you hear the comments from Pep that his team wants to win a 3rd EPL rather than a first UCL. He said the EPL glory is more important to their fans.

I kind of get what he means as well.

Jeterpool
02-10-2019, 08:36 AM

Pretty much.

While being very consistent, Liverpool aren't as consistent as City. City suffocate, immerse the opposition. They're relentless.

Liverpool, while a very very good team, have cracks in their armour

Skirt Boy
02-10-2019, 12:04 PM
Will always be Liverpool's 2nd team.

redwah
02-10-2019, 06:41 PM
I swear I hear this exact sentence from Bon everytime they play, haha.

Did you hear the comments from Pep that his team wants to win a 3rd EPL rather than a first UCL. He said the EPL glory is more important to their fans.

I kind of get what he means as well.

Pep probably knows it will be a bigger deal for Liverpool to win their first title in 30yrs than it would be for city to win the champions league...especially since they are favorites to win it.

Bremsstrahlung
02-10-2019, 07:47 PM
I’m curious to see how bored pep is.
How many points he’s gonna let us get in front before he decides to play catch up.

MFKS
06-10-2019, 04:04 AM
Nice dive from Mane and then stellar work from the VAR to pay it and rob Lester of their reward

Frodo
06-10-2019, 05:08 AM
If they are going to hand them points like they did today, it's gonna be even funnier when City still manage to win the league.

plague
06-10-2019, 08:06 AM
VAR couldnt overturn that because the ref called it and there was contact.
it was a soft call though.
Lester didnt deserve to lose that match though.

Bremsstrahlung
06-10-2019, 09:31 AM
Hard to overturn something when there’s contact and old mate tries to kick the ball through Mane’s leg.
Bit of a get out of jail free card.

Makes up for Adrian’s nutmeg

redwah
06-10-2019, 11:45 AM
Hahaha...seriously kick through the back of anyone’s legs and they are going to go down....maybe blame the stupid play rather than the ref and var.

Frodo
06-10-2019, 12:51 PM
Best to take your freebie and walk away. Justify the result over 90 mins and then never speak of it again.

Retro Jet
06-10-2019, 01:10 PM
How many opportuities were fluffed by Liverpool though?
I know the shots on goal stat doesn't reflect that but there's definitly a sharpness and killer instinct missing up front atm.

Oh yeah...thank fk for Mane. The bloke was immense this morning.
Tracked back, defended, scores and dare I say, gets into position to win the pen.

Frodo
06-10-2019, 01:21 PM
How many opportuities were fluffed by Liverpool though?
I know the shots on goal stat doesn't reflect that but there's definitly a sharpness and killer instinct missing up front atm.

I think that silly xG stat was about 5.5-0.1 or something, so they definitely created enough chances and controlled the game for long periods. Front 3 looked off compared to their usual finishing swagger.

That said, the Bayern v Spuds game xG was 2.1-1.5, which didn't include the penalty missed by the ref, so don't rely on it as infallible, gotta be clinical.

MFKS
06-10-2019, 03:42 PM
VAR couldnt overturn that because the ref called it and there was contact.
it was a soft call though.
Lester didnt deserve to lose that match though.

No doubt there was contact

The bigger issue I have was it is Mane takes one step then remembers he needs to go down and does so

That is a dive everyday and players should be pulled up accordingly for that BS under VAR