PDA

View Full Version : L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Retro Jet
06-10-2019, 09:04 PM
when i'm liverpool - the leïcester affair

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-16guK72jQI&feature=youtu.be

Watch it before the Premier League meme Nazi's find it.
Downloaded already...kents

PS Kolo Easter eggs ftw...as usual.

Bremsstrahlung
07-10-2019, 08:40 AM
City toying with us some more.
Newcastle waking Man U up and getting them riled up for next game.

And ffs, another international break?!?

Frodo
21-10-2019, 01:54 PM
This place is awkwardly quiet this morning. I watched the game live and have been waiting for some salt in here ever since. Klopp's post game was pretty embarrassing, trying to cover up his teams bad attacking performance with a non existent foul on Origi.

Bremsstrahlung
21-10-2019, 02:16 PM
Idk, we always drop points against a relegation battle team. This season no different.

We are normally very slow starters, and we normally do well post Christmas.
Again, I hope that this is a slow start for us and we will bring it home.

Didn’t see the game this morning, so can’t comment.
The general consensus is that we were lucky to grab a point.

That said, a point at old Trafford ain’t a bad result. I’ll take it and move on.

MFKS
21-10-2019, 05:33 PM
This place is awkwardly quiet this morning. I watched the game live and have been waiting for some salt in here ever since. Klopp's post game was pretty embarrassing, trying to cover up his teams bad attacking performance with a non existent foul on Origi.

Non existent foul??

There was contact but highly minimal.

Issue is diving doesn't mean you get a free kick

Origi tried selling that and the refs didn't buy it

The goal could easily have been avoided the defending on Rashford was abysmal really

Klopp just diverting from the reality they couldn't beat a poor side who although tight in defence are impotent in attack and are missing their better players going forward

Jetmaster
21-10-2019, 06:02 PM
I hate the new handball rule, I hate the VAR and I'm hating the game more each week.

And I don't even support Liverpool.

Things like this shit ain't what the rule was meant for.

pv4
21-10-2019, 06:07 PM
We are normally very slow starters, and we normally do well post Christmas.

Didn't you have an 11 point lead at xmas last year?

MFKS
21-10-2019, 06:09 PM

Please don't bring facts into any discussion

plague
21-10-2019, 06:25 PM

I think it wasn't even games though. City were only 'really' 8 behind.

MFKS
21-10-2019, 08:28 PM
I think it wasn't even games though. City were only 'really' 8 behind.

Don't get technical with facts either

boz-monaut
31-10-2019, 09:37 AM
sounds like we missed a fun game this morning

5-5 at full time then 5-4 on pens

Bremsstrahlung
31-10-2019, 10:11 AM
Caught the tail end at 4-4 after night shift.

Could sense the late equaliser. Origi with the goods again!
Kelleher with a fair crack at most of the pens too.

plague
31-10-2019, 10:16 AM
without beginning to sound like an old person (because im not) but man oh man if youve got kids who love and play football then make them watch that game.
the amount of basic skills, when practiced to perfection, on show was a great indicator that these people arent aliens, but just players who do the small things right. Origis turn and technique for the 4th(?) was something i see coaches show kids all the time. but the difference between a 10 year old and a Prem level player is just practice, and confidence. Everyone out there today looked like they were having a ball (esp the young kids on both teams).

Ox looks like hes just gonna only score stinkers for the rest of his career and after all his injury dramas im cool with that.

oh, and that Martinelli from Arsenal is gonna be a huge problem for a long long time. what a player he is.

geez football is a fun game when done right.

Frodo
31-10-2019, 10:17 AM
It was actually a technically poor game from both. Liverpool gave us plenty of chances (Milner gifted us the 4th) and we gave up plenty of chances too.

Also, Ref missed giving a handball penalty against Bellerin, and then gave them one for a dive 30 seconds later from the resulting corner. So even that was topsy-turvy.

But some of the attack from both teams was amazing. Willock with goal of the season in reply to Oxlade scoring a worldie, Ozil with a sublime assist on the line.

Jeterpool
31-10-2019, 10:20 AM
It was actually a technically poor game from both. Liverpool gave us plenty of chances (Milner gifted us the 4th) and we gave up plenty of chances too.

Also, Ref missed giving a handball penalty against Bellerin, and then gave them one for a dive 30 seconds later from the resulting corner. So even that was topsy-turvy.

But some of the attack from both teams was amazing. Willock with goal of the season in reply to Oxlade scoring a worldie, Ozil with a sublime assist on the line.

Torreira was offside for Arsenal's first too, but how good was it not to have VAR. There's no talk about it now.

plague
31-10-2019, 10:23 AM
It was actually a technically poor game from both.

you arent coming to my next birthday party with that attitude pal.

boz-monaut
31-10-2019, 10:28 AM
while we're all here

anyone seen anything about the Nike kit for next season?

I'm hoping they keep with the darker red colour

Jeterpool
31-10-2019, 11:06 AM
while we're all here

anyone seen anything about the Nike kit for next season?

I'm hoping they keep with the darker red colour

I've got a podcast to listen to about a court case related to this...I'm not sure where that's at.

Frodo
31-10-2019, 11:24 AM
Torreira was offside for Arsenal's first too, but how good was it not to have VAR. There's no talk about it now.

Yes, 100% on all parts of this.

boz-monaut
31-10-2019, 02:10 PM
I've got a podcast to listen to about a court case related to this...I'm not sure where that's at.

the court has ruled that Liverpool can drop New Balance for Nike - article in the Guardian about it on 25 Oct

Jeterpool
31-10-2019, 02:57 PM
the court has ruled that Liverpool can drop New Balance for Nike - article in the Guardian about it on 25 Oct

Cheers.

Hope the kits are good!

StannyCFCJET
31-10-2019, 03:25 PM
So what happened? Liverpool wanted to end their current kit deal with NB early to take one up with Nike and NB tried to stop it?

Jeterpool
31-10-2019, 04:07 PM
So what happened? Liverpool wanted to end their current kit deal with NB early to take one up with Nike and NB tried to stop it?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/oct/25/liverpool-fc-allowed-to-drop-new-balance-for-nike-court-rules

Jeterpool
31-10-2019, 04:11 PM

Not early, the deal was up this year. NB felt Liverpool were obliged to renew with them instead of going to Nike.

Retro Jet
03-11-2019, 05:01 AM
That was intense...

Bremsstrahlung
03-11-2019, 08:44 AM
City with a late winner too!
We are riding some lucky at the moment.
Looking forward to being the 3rd team to be leading at Xmas, to not win it.

Bon
05-11-2019, 01:59 PM
I didn't know this was a thing.. But its pretty good..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8yEv2-qug4

boz-monaut
11-11-2019, 07:22 AM
it's only November but I'm pleased with that result

fell back asleep at half time but was a cracking game from what I did see

seven months to throw away this nine point lead over City - now we also have Leicester and Chelsea to worry about

Jeterpool
11-11-2019, 08:25 AM
It was an interesting game.

The first Liverpool goal was against the run of play. A very lucky break with the handball appeal - reality is it could have gone either way. The Salah goal was brilliant.

The title race is on. 4 teams well and truly in it.

Liverpool have set themselves up an insurance buffer ahead of a hectic December.

Retro Jet
11-11-2019, 08:30 AM
I didn't know this was a thing.. But its pretty good..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8yEv2-qug4

Cheers Bon. Love football spoofs.
Still miss Special1TV.... (sniff)

Retro Jet
11-11-2019, 09:30 AM
It was an interesting game.

The first Liverpool goal was against the run of play. A very lucky break with the handball appeal - reality is it could have gone either way. The Salah goal was brilliant.

The title race is on. 4 teams well and truly in it.

Liverpool have set themselves up an insurance buffer ahead of a hectic December.

Not sorry I got up for this one but will be paying for it the rest of the day. Might even fall asleep standing whilst hand watering Athfield today!

I thought Mané did well to connect with his header too. Great crosses/assists for both headers.
Chelski will smell blood nxt game...

StannyCFCJET
11-11-2019, 12:01 PM
Not sorry I got up for this one but will be paying for it the rest of the day. Might even fall asleep standing whilst hand watering Athfield today!

I thought Mané did well to connect with his header too. Great crosses/assists for both headers.
Chelski will smell blood nxt game...

I bloody hope so. Looks like Liverpool have already sealed up the prem, Which is annoying

boz-monaut
11-11-2019, 12:13 PM
nah, Chelsea will nick the title off Liverpool on 10 May with some VAR bullshit

MFKS
11-11-2019, 02:03 PM
nah, Chelsea will nick the title off Liverpool on 10 May with some VAR bullshit

What are Liverpool gonna stop paying the VAR blokes??

Been their player of the season so far

plague
11-11-2019, 09:08 PM
the technique for Manes header was sublime.

Bremsstrahlung
14-11-2019, 07:54 AM
Raheem Hoole bailing up Joe Gomez in England camp.
Rofl.

Frodo
14-11-2019, 12:41 PM
Raheem Hoole bailing up Joe Gomez in England camp.
Rofl.

Interesting nickname for easily England's best player during this period. Plus, Gomez started it and Sterling was man enough to go a bloke a few feet bigger all round. Well played to him.

furns
15-11-2019, 03:29 PM
I bloody hope so. Looks like Liverpool have already sealed up the prem, Which is annoying
We were 10 pts ahead last season, and we didnt have to play two games on opposite sides of the world at the same time. No one on our side is saying we've sealed anything yet mate

Bon
15-11-2019, 03:33 PM
We were 10 pts ahead last season, and we didnt have to play two games on opposite sides of the world at the same time. No one on our side is saying we've sealed anything yet mate

Absolutely...
There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip...

Jeterpool
15-11-2019, 03:38 PM
No way is it over. There's 4 teams in contention.

plague
15-11-2019, 05:05 PM

maybe you lot will know better than i, but was it ever 'really' 10 points? i thought City had games in hand and once they played them all the real gap was 6 or something going into the Citeh/Liverpool 2nd game.

with games even now, 9 points def seems like a bigger lead.

but of course, no, its not over.

redwah
15-11-2019, 05:24 PM

We were 10 pats ahead but city had a game in hand, which they won,,,,still shit to drop the rest. Think last season will spur them on this year....hopefully

StannyCFCJET
15-11-2019, 06:24 PM
No way is it over. There's 4 teams in contention.

4 teams? You arnt seriously putting the foxes and Chelsea in the title race

plague
15-11-2019, 06:58 PM
4 teams?

Liverpool, Lester, Citeh and Sheffield.

Retro Jet
15-11-2019, 09:12 PM
As a fellow fan rightly pointed out to me through the week, Liverpool has now played everyone from 7th up, winning 5 and drawing 1.
If you extend that to 8th for City, they've played against 2 so far and lost to them both. (Wolves and L'pool).
Chelsea - City's next next game, the derby 8/12 and Leicester 22/12 are looking like a very pivitol December for the sky blues.
:popcorn:

plague
15-11-2019, 09:55 PM
City looked like a beaten team after that game. the manager whingeing about refs, players wanting to go the stink in England camp, Aguero missing a god darn ****ing sitter from 3 yards.

actually just on that, agueros miss wasnt poor technique, it wasnt a bad deflection or good save, he seriously had a ****ing demon get into him at the pivotal moment. even the commentator said "any other ground, he scores". i dont think ive ever seen him just completely get it wrong like that before. he is legit haunted going to that ground.
also, Pep all last year knew he was going to mow down that lead. this year he is a completely different bloke.

im actually not saying Liverpool are gonna win it, but their Champions League win has completely changed their mindset. they are the bullies now, not City. and other than maybe Fergie i dont know of a better bloke id want in charge of a bunch of bullies than Klopp.

Retro Jet
16-11-2019, 12:08 AM
https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/dvnpwa/oc_thank_you_so_much_so_much/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

Pep...the meme dream!
Not enuf 'When I'm Liverpool's' from this season so far.

boz-monaut
22-11-2019, 09:34 PM
so Palace, the bogey team, on a week with most of the team out with injuries, after an international break

I think we can all agree this will be a loss this weekend

Frodo
22-11-2019, 10:04 PM
so Palace, the bogey team, on a week with most of the team out with injuries, after an international break

I think we can all agree this will be a loss this weekend

VAR is still working, you'll be fine.

Jetmaster
23-11-2019, 06:06 PM
A loss....the bogey team...the "blueprint" to beat Liverpool....the "choking" calls....you can see it already.

plague
23-11-2019, 10:00 PM
A loss....the bogey team...the "blueprint" to beat Liverpool....the "choking" calls....you can see it already.

these posts still gonna be getting pumped out when you blokes are 12 pts up with one game to play.

relax, its in the bag.

Bremsstrahlung
23-11-2019, 11:47 PM
Heard that before.
Nobody has ever lost the league after being top at Christmas.
Until Liverpool did it twice.

Frodo
24-11-2019, 09:22 AM
VAR is still working, you'll be fine.

Called it.

Bremsstrahlung
24-11-2019, 09:41 AM
Called it.
:brrr:

Jetmaster
24-11-2019, 01:50 PM
these posts still gonna be getting pumped out when you blokes are 12 pts up with one game to play.

relax, its in the bag.

My dear Plague.....I do not support Liverpool, I spit on the big 6 plastic clubs. I just live in a family of Scouse wannabees!

Jeterpool
24-11-2019, 07:36 PM
My dear Plague.....I do not support Liverpool, I spit on the big 6 plastic clubs. I just live in a family of Scouse wannabees!

You're lucky that you'll never walk alone

Bremsstrahlung
27-11-2019, 05:23 PM
If I was a betting man, I’d lock in a loss against Wolverhampton.
Heading over, going to see them, nailed on loss. Probably due to a VAR failure.

carn LiVARpool!

plague
30-11-2019, 03:08 PM
cmon lads, whats going on?
its saturday and there are no "Fabs being out will cost us dearly tonight" or "you know what, Mooy has the kind of game that can really hurt us" type posts.

If you want this winning streak to continue y'all gonna need to step up the miserable posts.

having said that, Brighton can beat anyone on their day..........

Bremsstrahlung
30-11-2019, 03:20 PM
I’m really worried that Ryan will have a top game, and his link with mooy will be very valuable. Especially without Fabinho I expect Mooy will cause havoc and be on channel 7 tomorrow morning as the golden boy of our 2026 World Cup campaign. MooyDonalds will be offering BigMooys for $1 in an effort to book his seat on the flight.

Liverpool can look forward to Europa next season without Fabs tonight

plague
30-11-2019, 03:46 PM
I’m really worried that Ryan will have a top game, and his link with mooy will be very valuable. Especially without Fabinho I expect Mooy will cause havoc and be on channel 7 tomorrow morning as the golden boy of our 2026 World Cup campaign. MooyDonalds will be offering BigMooys for $1 in an effort to book his seat on the flight.

Liverpool can look forward to Europa next season without Fabs tonight

This is art.
This is my drug.

boz-monaut
30-11-2019, 07:58 PM
nailed on loss tonight definitely - if I was stupid enough to gamble I'd put the house on it

everyone out, injured or tired after the last international break, the lull before the ridiculous World Club Cup and Xmas/New Year month of sheer stupidity

may as well engrave City's name on the trophy already

Retro Jet
30-11-2019, 08:47 PM
cmon lads, whats going on?
its saturday and there are no "Fabs being out will cost us dearly tonight" or "you know what, Mooy has the kind of game that can really hurt us" type posts.

If you want this winning streak to continue y'all gonna need to step up the miserable posts.

having said that, Brighton can beat anyone on their day..........

nailed on loss tonight definitely - if I was stupid enough to gamble I'd put the house on it

everyone out, injured or tired after the last international break, the lull before the ridiculous World Club Cup and Xmas/New Year month of sheer stupidity

may as well engrave City's name on the trophy already

Boz has come thru for the Newy Kopites. :thumbsup:
I'll be up for 2nd half viewing.

Retro Jet
04-12-2019, 11:24 PM
Happy Derby eve peeps!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rMC7yFXMy8&feature=em-uploademail

Retro Jet
05-12-2019, 08:51 AM
Origi should start every derby :rof:

plague
05-12-2019, 11:13 AM
geezus Mane is some sort of player.

outstanding.

Jeterpool
06-12-2019, 12:37 AM
Hope people think ahead and buy their Everton spring mates a kayo subscription for Christmas so the can watch them in the Championship next season

plague
06-12-2019, 12:12 PM
Hope people think ahead and buy their Everton spring mates a kayo subscription for Christmas so the can watch them in the Championship next season

Jeebus, JP out here throwing shade with wayyyyyyy too many games to go.

Love the irrational confidence, keep dragging em my man.

Jeterpool
07-12-2019, 09:34 PM
Jeebus, JP out here throwing shade with wayyyyyyy too many games to go.

Love the irrational confidence, keep dragging em my man.

I bet you still had a giggle at it!

plague
08-12-2019, 03:01 PM
I bet you still had a giggle at it!

Big Dunc obviously read it.

Retro Jet
13-12-2019, 12:56 AM
Minamino for £7.25m? Bargain!
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/dec/12/liverpool-in-advanced-talks-to-sign-salzburgs-takumi-minamino-for-725m

Retro Jet
14-12-2019, 12:02 AM
And in other breaking news to excite Kopites: Kloppite staying on till 2024!
If you don't believe me, you can hear it from the horses mouth...
https://youtu.be/oIKSwyHYRsw

Bremsstrahlung
14-12-2019, 01:18 AM
I’m really happy about this.

He’s either gonna get sacked after some bad results in 2021, or hopefully bring us a few more trophies and go down as one of the best managers we’ve had.

He genuinely just seems very likeable.

boz-monaut
14-12-2019, 08:51 AM
some good news for once

it kind of felt like success needed to happen soon otherwise it wouldn't for a long time after he left

also, Gerrard has a contract with Rangers until 2024 - just sayin'

StannyCFCJET
14-12-2019, 11:40 AM
It pains me to say it but by 2024 Liverpool will have another UCL and I'd say at least 3 EPL titles. (Washes mouth out with soap)

MFKS
14-12-2019, 01:54 PM
It pains me to say it but by 2024 Liverpool will have another UCL and I'd say at least 3 EPL titles. (Washes mouth out with soap)

**** me that could be your dumbest post yet

5 years ago Man Utd had a decent team
Spain were going into WC as favourites with 3 consecutive titles under their belt
Melbourne Victory were a good side
Lester hadn't won the Premier League

Yet you are predicting the future on this one

FMD

plague
14-12-2019, 02:17 PM
Klopp using all of the leverage.
love it.
fill that bag up with cash big man.

Retro Jet
14-12-2019, 09:36 PM
Newcastle (Aus) LFC Supporters Club meeting at Pests - Spew Lambton tonight.
11:30pm KO...so I s'pose the broadcast/preamble starts an hour earlier?

Jeterpool
15-12-2019, 07:15 AM
Liverpool need to sign players with narrower torsos to avoid these armpit outside calls

boz-monaut
15-12-2019, 07:49 AM
bUt LiVErPoOl aLWayS wIN BEcaUSe oF VaR

Retro Jet
15-12-2019, 07:51 AM
Liverpool need to sign players with narrower torsos to avoid these armpit outside calls

The fact they even looked at Mo's back heel 2nd confirms Martin Atkinson had a hand in VAR calls last night...even if only on the hooter to his twat mates doing it. The whole premis around offside lies in gaining advantage. If they're going to start looking at the widths of pubic hairs for that, maybe it needs to be on the body part that scores the goal - was 'IT' gaining advantage when the ball was kicked? Or was it in line or onside?
About 20 of us were sitting at Pests with Mané's header looking at the lines and are still struggling to fathom why it wasn't allowed. Personally I was expecting Mo's 2nd to be scrubbed too because I couldn't see a difference with the lines drawn between the 2 goals.

Tim Krull - Jürgen owes you a beer...or 2.

redwah
15-12-2019, 03:22 PM
FMD...surely the man in the VAR booth should never be allowed near a football match again...hell ship him off to Siberia or somewhere without electricity or VAR or football....how the hell are Liverpool supposed to be handed this league with decisions like that....member get on to this...now

Bremsstrahlung
17-12-2019, 02:41 AM
Atletico in r16.

Could’ve been both better and worse.

boz-monaut
18-12-2019, 08:31 AM
should have just forfeit this meaningless competition

MFKS
18-12-2019, 09:42 AM
should have just forfeit this meaningless competition

And um I thought the elite EPL teams had a team full of reserves who can play well

Obviously not for Liverpool

Take a few of the better players out and they fold

boz-monaut
18-12-2019, 09:49 AM
having depth in your squad is one thing, having an entirely different, second squad of youths capable of matching it with premier league opposition is another

MFKS
18-12-2019, 10:06 AM
I don't think Liverpool actually had a go here

They will beat the Mexican team or whoever with ease tomorrow

Why did they need to send their best squad to face them

They could have played a competent side v Villa and then flown out whoever to face Flamengo in the final
It a 7 hour and 15 min flight on a similar Timezone from London to Qatar so it ain't going to be that taxing on them

Frodo
18-12-2019, 10:32 AM

They could have played a competent side v Villa and then flown out whoever to face Flamengo in the final
It a 7 hour and 15 min flight on a similar Timezone from London to Qatar so it ain't going to be that taxing on them

Which comp is paying them more money? Cause that's the one you bring your star side.

MFKS
18-12-2019, 10:45 AM
Which comp is paying them more money? Cause that's the one you bring your star side.

Big clubs always play to Win whatever is on offer and don't carry on like 2 year olds when it don't go their way and pick a dud team to get beat

They dogged the League Cup just like Man U did the year they withdrew from the FA Cup

Call it prioritising if you want but they could have utilised their players better to have a crack at both comps

Frodo
18-12-2019, 10:49 AM
Big clubs always play to Win whatever is on offer and don't carry on like 2 year olds when it don't go their way and pick a dud team to get beat

They dogged the League Cup just like Man U did the year they withdrew from the FA Cup

Call it prioritising if you want but they could have utilised their players better to have a crack at both comps

They couldn't play the same players in both games because players have to have down time in between games. It's in their contracts. So Liverpool could have split the squad and played poorly in both or basically forfeit a comp that Klopp said he doesn't care about and they'll go and look good at the other one and make bank. Welcome to modern football member.

plague
18-12-2019, 11:09 AM
Take a few of the better players out and they fold

the squad that played today had more appearances for Doncaster than they did for Liverpool.

It was more than 'a few of their better players' boss.

MFKS
18-12-2019, 11:16 AM
the squad that played today had more appearances for Doncaster than they did for Liverpool.

It was more than 'a few of their better players' boss.

How thin is their squad though

I still don't see how they couldn't have played 6 to 7 first team standard players in this game and played their best in Qatar tomorrow morning

These blokes they played today they must have got from the pub pre game

Bremsstrahlung
18-12-2019, 12:04 PM
We didn’t even play our best EPL 2 20 whatever’s team.
And I think 2-3 were flying out after the game.

If I recall correctly it was perhaps a bit of an eff you to the EFL for not rescheduling the fixtures.
As a fan, I have zero problem with what’s happened. I don’t think anybody has a problem with it apart from those that probs saw Liverpool as underdogs and thought it was a typo and expected to cash in.

We don’t really have the 40 player squads some clubs have.

plague
18-12-2019, 12:04 PM
I still don't see how they couldn't have played 6 to 7 first team standard players in this game

Cause it's the ****ing Carabao cup?

redwah
18-12-2019, 12:58 PM

Rules of the competition for world club cup said team had to be in Qatar 3 days before match for all media commitments.....

boz-monaut
19-12-2019, 07:22 AM
from the little snippets I saw of that game it's hard to see if Monterrey pushed all the way or Liverpool didn't really put in effort until it was necessary

Retro Jet
19-12-2019, 07:24 AM

Member not rating the beaners? They took it to the reds judging by the 2nd half I just watched.
Firminooooooooooooooooo - TYVM

Now it's Flamengo to beat. He'll start his best fit 11 for that I reckon.
VVD out of Monterrey game due to illness apparently.

Jetmaster
19-12-2019, 01:04 PM
Scouse gits never got out of second gear really and half the team out.
They seem like they can score in injury time at will.

plague
19-12-2019, 10:06 PM
Roberto Firmino paying $51 in official markets for the 2020 Nobel Peace prize.
same odds as Putin, Elizabeth Warren and Bill Gates.

what has Bobby done to even be in that conversation?

redwah
20-12-2019, 10:48 AM
Roberto Firmino paying $51 in official markets for the 2020 Nobel Peace prize.
same odds as Putin, Elizabeth Warren and Bill Gates.

what has Bobby done to even be in that conversation?

Probably the same as those you have quoted as the same price.....very little

plague
20-12-2019, 11:31 AM
Probably the same as those you have quoted as the same price.....very little

Trump paying $21
Michelle Obama $81

There's a lot of questions to be asked.....

MFKS
20-12-2019, 11:58 AM
**** it be so funny if Trump got it

Cunce heads would explode

Retro Jet
20-12-2019, 02:11 PM
**** it be so funny if Trump got it

Cunce heads would explode

The fact that ***t is even getting odds makes my head explode.

boz-monaut
21-12-2019, 08:02 PM
another loss in a meaningless competition coming up early tomorrow morning

these Brazilians seem to care and want it more

plague
21-12-2019, 09:14 PM
another loss in a meaningless competition coming up early tomorrow morning

these Brazilians seem to care and want it more

Klopp destabilising the squad by signing irrelevant squaddies to come in Jan 1st and start the downward spiral.
season promised so much. anyway, top 4 should still be within your reach.

FIFA fair play prob their only trophy.
still a noble pursuit.

Retro Jet
21-12-2019, 10:02 PM
Ka-fey Cafe: 4:30am for the game live tomorrow.
148 Hunter St

Bremsstrahlung
22-12-2019, 06:11 AM
I’ll be glad if we end up with no injuries, getting hacked.

Bremsstrahlung
22-12-2019, 07:22 AM
VAR helping Liverpool again....

beannie
22-12-2019, 07:40 AM
VAR helping Liverpool (https://eusportslive.com/liverpool/) again....

VAR is the best thing that happened to football in Europe. In 90% of cases, it gives the right decision for the ref.

Bremsstrahlung
22-12-2019, 07:47 AM
VAR helping Liverpool again....

Again

beannie
22-12-2019, 08:07 AM
and another trophy for Liverpool :)

plague
22-12-2019, 08:10 AM
i know its an american thing but Andy Robertson would def be a starter on the 'stay ready' all star team.

boz-monaut
22-12-2019, 08:12 AM
it feels good to be Club World Champions

Bremsstrahlung
22-12-2019, 08:23 AM
Robertson won that war of words.

Don’t know if City win was a good thing or not. Gives us a buffer I guess.
Some very big games coming up over the next few weeks.

Retro Jet
23-12-2019, 01:03 AM
That ref had a shocker, didn't he what? Went both ways though.
Apparently his international CV reads: VAR Assistant official at last World Cup & 4 x Asian Cup games.
Deer in headlights. And from all reports, it was a Spanish official who fed him the VAR views of the clip from behind on Mane.
Clip fom behind obvious withh the back view shot but no such shot on view for VAR. I reckon the touch was outside the box but he's last man sorry. Arse card...
Deer in headlights decision before VAR? Pen and a yellow to helmet head/Petr Čech imposter. After VAR review? Drop ball to the cramp fakin' keeper.

ROTF to see said 'helmet head' watch the ball fly into the net as last defender. Grub was all over Mane like a rash b4 Mane got the card for telling him to fk right off with the nipple cripples.

Another injury(Ox). At this rate, Elliott can get those boots shined and that hair styled a bit better....or just shave the lot off son!

boz-monaut
26-12-2019, 02:06 PM
so that peak is behind now, the extra games and exertions will take their inevitable toll in the game against Lester

Lester's win to close the gap as both Lester and then City catch up as the end of the season approaches

boz-monaut
27-12-2019, 08:56 AM
good first half but just waiting for the counter attack sucker punch

boz-monaut
27-12-2019, 09:31 AM
I was just thinking Soyunco was having a blinder when it hit his arm like that

one goal was never going to be enough - two isn't either but still...

boz-monaut
27-12-2019, 09:32 AM
three might just be though

boz-monaut
27-12-2019, 09:36 AM
four should probably do it

Bremsstrahlung
27-12-2019, 09:43 AM
I was just thinking Soyunco was having a blinder when it hit his arm like that

one goal was never going to be enough - two isn't either but still...

Agreed. I liked the way he held Mo up. Showed him right and backed himself to not get burnt. Mo obliged an cut back as he always does. Predictable. Guy did his homework.

Unlucky with the pen. His momentum towards the ball probably does him in the end.

TAA. What a player. Remember one of his first games and he legit looked like a child and 50kgs of bone and I thought it was another Pedro chiravella. He earns that goal. s soon as they get possession he goes, and sprints and doesn’t stop until he’s in the corner celebrating.

boz-monaut
27-12-2019, 09:53 AM
good win that

Retro Jet
27-12-2019, 10:40 AM
You can't win if you don't have the ball and Liverpool completely stifled them. The accurate passing game was back. Mo still doing my head in with some of his decision making. His back tracking is good...as it is with all the front 3. Minamino's presence will give him a good shake up.
Hope Hendo is ok. Just looked like raked studs on the shin. He's been immense last few games in particular (CWC). Engine room.

Get them legs massaged lads. The Wolves are coming...all too soon.

redwah
27-12-2019, 01:35 PM
Bloody VAR handing Liverpool that one.......

Jeterpool
27-12-2019, 01:45 PM
Excellent win this morning. The team could have had it done and dusted early. A rampant 10 minutes later and it was over. They didn't give Leicester a shout.

On to Wolves now.

boz-monaut
27-12-2019, 06:26 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/dec/26/liverpool-right-back-playmaker-trent-alexander-arnold-leicester

Barney Ronay's article on TAA is quite good - as is all his writing let's face it

Bremsstrahlung
27-12-2019, 10:20 PM
Wolverhampton play City today.
24 hours less recovery.

We will probs rest and rotate and get pumbled.
Can’t wait to see us lose the only game of epl live

boz-monaut
29-12-2019, 10:05 AM
journalists are falling over themselves to write articles on Liverpool having already won the title, thinly veiled attempts to jinx it

I've been balancing it out by reading this sort of thing https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-05/greg-norman-and-sports-greatest-chokes/7300540

MFKS
29-12-2019, 02:50 PM
Question has to be asked as to whether they can win the League and going through undefeated like Arsenal did

The way they playing it hard to see anyone beating them

Retro Jet
30-12-2019, 05:24 AM
Sorry Nuno but we've been pinged for shiz tighter than that...

boz-monaut
30-12-2019, 06:33 AM
good luck getting back to sleep after that

very, very, very lucky to play Wolves during this fixture log jam, they'd have taken points otherwise

Jetmaster
30-12-2019, 10:44 AM
good luck getting back to sleep after that

very, very, very lucky to play Wolves during this fixture log jam, they'd have taken points otherwise

You go to Molineux in a few weeks time - now that will be tough.

BTW - can we change the title of this thread to L-I-V-A-R-P-Double O-L Livarpool FC?

:wink::lol:

Bremsstrahlung
30-12-2019, 08:15 PM
Wolves unlucky not to get a point. I’d feel aggrieved with their goal being disallowed for offside.
Though, we have had a closer one or two disallowed for the same thing.

Though Liverpool had to work hard for that but played better for me in a scrappy game. Deserved 1 or 3 points overall imo. Draw would’ve been fair.

VAR had a huge effect on this game. But it was interesting to see live how volatile the crowd was on both sides.
First VAR: wolves supporters chanting “this isn’t football anymore” to applause from Liverpool supporters. Sure we celebrated a goal, as we should have been able to do in the first instance. No problem with this one.

The dissent from players. The dissent from players and coaches surrounding VAR is an absolute joke. Warranted as their frustrations are high. But how can you not card 1 of the 10 players screaming at you. Common sense prevails though.

The emotion when wolves “scored” and the player celebrated. Literally could hear a pin drop and as a LFC fan the celebration had its desired effect. And if not overturned, I think the crowd would have really responded and booed him every. Great celebration. And VAR did ruin this moment.

To be fair, Liverpool never argued the second. They picked the ball up and went to halfway and were waiting for them to finish celebrating to kick off.

Overall a draw maybe a fair result given the circumstances. But I think VAR actually spurred a tired wolves on with more determination and anger. They were a far more difficult team post VAR interventions.
Resting Jimenez, Traore, Doherty etc they didn’t expect to win this or come close imo.

furns
01-01-2020, 03:38 PM
Wolves gave us one of the best defensive performances from an opposing team we've faced so far. Would have settled for a draw. Stoked with the win though.
And can we f*ck of with this LiVARpool rubbish, its screwing with everyone.

Frodo
01-01-2020, 05:00 PM
Wolves gave us one of the best defensive performances from an opposing team we've faced so far. Would have settled for a draw. Stoked with the win though.

Nope. I've already been into Bon reminding him that the only reason you're going to win the league is because of VAR. You'll still be battered with "you couldn't win the league without the help of VAR" for many years to come... Even Leicester could do it pre VAR.... You're accomplishments mean nothing... Lol.

Jetmaster
01-01-2020, 06:48 PM

Its Christmas time Furns. I've had great fun in my Red household (my "This Is VARfield" graffiti on my sons door is my best effort so far!) Revelling in the burn....all good fun....till you win it!

MFKS
01-01-2020, 08:13 PM
Nope. I've already been into Bon reminding him that the only reason you're going to win the league is because of VAR. You'll still be battered with "you couldn't win the league without the help of VAR" for many years to come... Even Leicester could do it pre VAR.... You're accomplishments mean nothing... Lol.

But the best part is if they don't win it

This will be the greatest choke in all eternity in any sport

Frodo
01-01-2020, 08:51 PM
But the best part is if they don't win it

This will be the greatest choke in all eternity in any sport

If they don't win it this year surely Klopp gets the sack?

Bremsstrahlung
01-01-2020, 11:59 PM
Been choking before Klopp.
No reason for him to get the sack.
But agree that if we lose it from here, we will be the laughing stock and the next Liverpool team to win it will have a massive monkey on their back.

Also don’t think it’s tarnished at all. We’ve had VAR against us, and some decisions for us. Same as if referee decisions throughout the course of a game favour a team. Like Man City whole game plan in 18/19 was the foul early in the oppositions counter attack and kept avoiding yellow cards.
I don’t think many people can realistically dispute that we have been one of the best teams in the world over the last 18-24 months.

Frodo
02-01-2020, 06:47 PM
Been choking before Klopp.
No reason for him to get the sack.
But agree that if we lose it from here, we will be the laughing stock and the next Liverpool team to win it will have a massive monkey on their back.

Also don’t think it’s tarnished at all. We’ve had VAR against us, and some decisions for us. Same as if referee decisions throughout the course of a game favour a team. Like Man City whole game plan in 18/19 was the foul early in the oppositions counter attack and kept avoiding yellow cards.
I don’t think many people can realistically dispute that we have been one of the best teams in the world over the last 18-24 months.

Legitimate question here. When has VAR gone against you this year? I can't remember a single incorrect or 50-50 call that's not gone your way this season. Or do you just mean that VAR intervened correctly to overturn a decision but the decision was not in your favour?

Jetmaster
03-01-2020, 02:38 PM
Legitimate question here. When has VAR gone against you this year? I can't remember a single incorrect or 50-50 call that's not gone your way this season. Or do you just mean that VAR intervened correctly to overturn a decision but the decision was not in your favour?

I posted this eleswhere but have a look at the table at the end - they have had two against them, both offsides I think.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50944416

Retro Jet
03-01-2020, 04:27 PM
I posted this eleswhere but have a look at the table at the end - they have had two against them, both offsides I think.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50944416

To clarify those two, there's Bobby's armpit v Villa and Mane's header v Watford.

Andy Gray on the armpit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYEeWVQgP1c&feature=emb_logo

And take Note: Martin Atkinson drew the lines...the salty old ***t :rof:

When opposition fans blow up at shiz like this, you know it stinks.
https://www.givemesport.com/1529741-sadio-mane-has-great-goal-disallowed-v-watford-following-more-var-madness

redwah
03-01-2020, 06:10 PM
FFS......get rid of the VAR then...this team is playing at an insane level...13pts clear with a game in hand, no defeats in 364 days in the league, 51 games at home without a defeat, 11yrs at home without a lose when leading at half time....on track to go past the 100 pt record season that the “greatest premier league team ever” put up and to surpass that same teams 198pts over 2 seasons.

If it’s VAR bossing the league this season for Liverpool then sign the ****er up for life.

finzee
03-01-2020, 06:28 PM
Look at these cryhards trying to even associate Liverpools performances on the VAR. Talk about whinging assholes.

Go back to your teams threads with a tissue already

finzee
03-01-2020, 06:30 PM

How about you go cry somewhere else little whinging leftard. Or get back on mummys tit like the other big babies do

Frodo
04-01-2020, 10:35 AM
How about you go cry somewhere else little whinging leftard. Or get back on mummys tit like the other big babies do

You've got 3 posts on this here forum and you're already going round calling people names. Well played son. Lol.

Also, by big babies do you mean larger sized babies (I.e. chubby bubbies) or do you mean those weird new age families where the 4 yr old still breast feeds?? Cause I'd like to understand this one further...

Back to football fellas, just be thankful you aren't coming up against the obvious best team in world football right now who are currently reinventing the modern game in the North of London with the greatest coach to ever set foot in an EPL dugout. You've got a 31 point lead, but you better start worrying about us. We are coming for the title this year..

Frodo
04-01-2020, 10:42 AM
FFS......get rid of the VAR then...this team is playing at an insane level...13pts clear with a game in hand, no defeats in 364 days in the league, 51 games at home without a defeat, 11yrs at home without a lose when leading at half time....on track to go past the 100 pt record season that the “greatest premier league team ever” put up and to surpass that same teams 198pts over 2 seasons.

If it’s VAR bossing the league this season for Liverpool then sign the ****er up for life.

Neither of the greatest Premier league sides of all time got 100 points (92 and 91 from my quick check). Not sure who that's in reference too...

I reckon even if you win it this season you'll still be behind this city squad overall (win another one or two and you'll take them) and obviously behind Fergie's best, the invincibles and Mou's first Chelsea team. Maybe even behind Leicester since City didn't put up much of a fight this season.

StannyCFCJET
04-01-2020, 11:27 AM
Neither of the greatest Premier league sides of all time got 100 points (92 and 91 from my quick check). Not sure who that's in reference too...

I reckon even if you win it this season you'll still be behind this city squad overall (win another one or two and you'll take them) and obviously behind Fergie's best, the invincibles and Mou's first Chelsea team. Maybe even behind Leicester since City didn't put up much of a fight this season.

Chelsea 04/05 beat anyone, We were a machine and our defence was basically unbreakable, If not for a dodgy pen we wouldve been invincibles as well

baldrick
04-01-2020, 12:58 PM
Back to football fellas, just be thankful you aren't coming up against the obvious best team in world football right now who are currently reinventing the modern game in the North of London with the greatest coach to ever set foot in an EPL dugout. You've got a 31 point lead, but you better start worrying about us. We are coming for the title this year..

:thumbsup:

pv4
05-01-2020, 04:04 PM
Chelsea 04/05 beat anyone

Except Man City.

StannyCFCJET
05-01-2020, 04:29 PM
Except Man City.

and Anelka god love him

boz-monaut
05-01-2020, 05:03 PM
I'm not all that fussed about the FA Cup to be honest

still don't want to lose to Everton though

MFKS
05-01-2020, 05:45 PM
I'm not all that fussed about the FA Cup to be honest

still don't want to lose to Everton though

That not the attitude of a big club

The way you going

You should be looking at a Treble of EPL FA Cup and UCL

FFS one of them is already in the mail

redwah
05-01-2020, 06:05 PM

The way you going

Actually agree, win every game that’s put in front of you......

And nothing is in the mail yet, but your change of tune is surprising

boz-monaut
05-01-2020, 06:23 PM
first priority should be the premier league, second priority should be getting adequate rest for the premier league, third priority should be retaining the champions league

StannyCFCJET
05-01-2020, 06:44 PM

The way you going

It's the attitude of a club that hasn't won the premier league ever before

redwah
05-01-2020, 07:22 PM

:facepalm:

boz-monaut
05-01-2020, 07:25 PM

cruel but fair

Jetmaster
05-01-2020, 07:26 PM
Pffft....FA Cup died as soon as old Wembley closed and the 3pm/midnight Oz kickoff stopped.
I support a lower club and don't care if we get knocked out tbh.

MFKS
05-01-2020, 07:29 PM
first priority should be the premier league, second priority should be getting adequate rest for the premier league, third priority should be retaining the champions league

You got an elite squad of players who won the UCL last season and were pretty stiff to not win the League

Exactly why is the treble out of the question ??

You only got win 6 games to win the FA Cup all against inferior opponents

The UCL well obviously be a challenge but FFS you have to be one of the favourites

The EPL is more or less in the bag the way there going now

Bremsstrahlung
05-01-2020, 09:34 PM
We don’t have a great squad at the moment.

Alisson obviously starts any big game, but then what? Adrian was very lucky in our early games.

Alexander Arnold, Gomez, VVD and Robertson. Matip, Lovren injured. We recalled a loanee for additional coverage cause one more injury and Milner/Henderson will be at the back.

Henderson, wijnaldun, Milner. We have Lallana as backup atm. Fabinho, Oxlade-Chamberlain, keita all out.

mane, Firmino, Salah obvious. And Origi our sub.

As a starting 11 we are okay. But we are really lacking quality in our bench with these injuries atm.
Lallana, Origi, Nathaniel Phillips, Curtis Jones, Harvey Elliot, neco Williams was our bench.

We need to be saving our key players from unnecessary games atm. Just squad management. Another injury to a first team player puts us in a pickle and affects EPL and UCL.
I’ve no problem with us putting in second string teams at the moment.

If we were full strength with no injuries then sure, challenge all fronts, but we need to conserve atm

MFKS
05-01-2020, 09:51 PM
We don’t have a great squad at the moment.

Alisson obviously starts any big game, but then what? Adrian was very lucky in our early games.

Alexander Arnold, Gomez, VVD and Robertson. Matip, Lovren injured. We recalled a loanee for additional coverage cause one more injury and Milner/Henderson will be at the back.

Henderson, wijnaldun, Milner. We have Lallana as backup atm. Fabinho, Oxlade-Chamberlain, keita all out.

mane, Firmino, Salah obvious. And Origi our sub.

As a starting 11 we are okay. But we are really lacking quality in our bench with these injuries atm.
Lallana, Origi, Nathaniel Phillips, Curtis Jones, Harvey Elliot, neco Williams was our bench.

We need to be saving our key players from unnecessary games atm. Just squad management. Another injury to a first team player puts us in a pickle and affects EPL and UCL.
I’ve no problem with us putting in second string teams at the moment.

If we were full strength with no injuries then sure, challenge all fronts, but we need to conserve atm

You are defending UCL Champions and leading the EPL in a canter

There ain't much wrong with your squad is there??

boz-monaut
05-01-2020, 10:09 PM
but the issue relates to the way modern football has moved away from the big squad with constant rotation to a more settled best eleven

Jonathan Wilson's article where he attempted to jinx it (https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/dec/28/will-anything-now-derail-liverpool-premier-league-title-bid) has this great quote
'That is one of the unusual aspects of this Liverpool (and also true of this Manchester City): while there are a few options in midfield, they do essentially have a first team in a way that had largely gone out of fashion over the past couple of decades. There are clear advantages to that in terms of cohesiveness, both defensive and attacking, but it does make the potential impact of an injury greater.

That may in part explain why both Klopp and Pep Guardiola have been so vociferous in their complaints about the festive programme: the consequences of a key injury for them are probably greater than they have been for previous title challengers.

Retro Jet
06-01-2020, 01:00 AM
My gut feeling having watched Klopp in the post Sheffield and pre Everton pressers is he's been given the all clear from FSG to do what ever it takes to
win the EPL. If he can get further in the Cup at these stages with a makeshift crew(s), then good luck to him but there's no pressure there with the FA Cup.
Who knows what's waiting in the wings from Nike or any potential sponsors come May and Liverpool is on top.

Bremsstrahlung
06-01-2020, 05:21 AM
You are defending UCL Champions and leading the EPL in a canter

There ain't much wrong with your squad is there??

On paper, if all are fit, no.

However, as pointed out, we have a lot of injuries and ,as boz posted, another injury to one of those first teamers is a real danger for us.

Jinxed it as Milner’s picked up a hamstring issue.
So that’s another out of midfield.

Bremsstrahlung
06-01-2020, 05:56 AM
Wow, Everton were dreadful.
Young kids did well, some of their crisp passing and flair in that last 20 was great to watch.

Gomez, Lallana and Origi the sensible heads.

boz-monaut
06-01-2020, 09:30 AM
avoiding a replay fixture is probably the best thing to come out of that result

that and how well the younglings seem to be progressing

Retro Jet
06-01-2020, 12:36 PM
I got up to watch this and glad I did. I was motivated by wanting to see Minamino on his debut. He didn't really see much ball.
Another cm closer to that header and he could have done a VVD and scored on debut v the Toffees. 70 valuable minutes to bed him in at least.

Whatever they're putting in the water in Melwood is worth bottling. The kids are alright. Curtis Jones? Take a bow son.
Check him out in the leadup before he scores with the 'give me the ball' hands. Origi gets Everton again with the assist.

You could almost hear the collective groan around Anfield when Milner went down shaking his head.
Really, Everton should have had this sewn up in the 1st half but for some great saves from Adrian.
They did ping them straight at him though.
There were times in the 2nd half when the camera panned to Ancelotti chewing his gum.
You could see him thinking "What sort of a sh!t show have I inherited here?"

Good to see the Ox back and firing, given Milners injury. Just hope the rest are on his tail with their returns.

Wonder what we'll get thrown at us Rnd 4? Bring on Derby County??

Bremsstrahlung
06-01-2020, 02:36 PM
I remember seeing Rooney score his first EPL goal when playing for Everton.

Had similar feels seeing Curtis Jones'.

Jeterpool
06-01-2020, 02:47 PM
Liverpool reserve squad, with some Under 23 players beat Everton's first choice XI. The end.

boz-monaut
07-01-2020, 08:51 AM
the kids get a visit to Shropshire or Bristol in the FA Cup fourth round

the end of January is going to be congested with the West Ham catch up game - it's good that it's not another Premier League team

Jeterpool
07-01-2020, 08:52 AM
the end of January is going to be congested with the West Ham catch up game - it's good that it's not another Premier League team

Agree.

boz-monaut
10-01-2020, 09:53 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2020/jan/09/trent-alexander-arnold-unassuming-icon-liverpool-league-quest

Eni Aluko has written a great article on Alexander-Arnold

Patrice Evra would be pleased with this analysis

Frodo
13-01-2020, 07:41 PM
I've been giving Bon hell since VAR came to your aid again this weekend with that clear Red for Robertson going unpunished. At this point, I don't know if it's even worth celebrating a title gifted to you by such a dubious system......

(Wizzing sound as reel unwinds, slight pop as hook drops into the water)

MFKS
13-01-2020, 08:15 PM
I've been giving Bon hell since VAR came to your aid again this weekend with that clear Red for Robertson going unpunished. At this point, I don't know if it's even worth celebrating a title gifted to you by such a dubious system......

(Wizzing sound as reel unwinds, slight pop as hook drops into the water)

VAR is having a stellar season for liVARpool

Been their best signing ever

Skirt Boy
13-01-2020, 08:54 PM

Mate. Pretty much sums up Liverpools year.

Shit city, shit club, shit team..................Shitcunce as supporters.

Frodo
13-01-2020, 08:59 PM
Mate. Pretty much sums up Liverpools year.

Shit city, shit club, shit team..................Shitcunce as supporters.

He's basically killed your kid Tangerine, on debut as well. Robertson is actually a prick from what I've read, so I'm not surprised. Suits the team well.

Skirt Boy
13-01-2020, 09:16 PM
He's basically killed your kid Tangerine, on debut as well. Robertson is actually a prick from what I've read, so I'm not surprised. Suits the team well.

He is up there with Sol Campbell as far as I'm concerned.....................

Frodo
13-01-2020, 09:44 PM
He is up there with Sol Campbell as far as I'm concerned.....................

Nah, Sol Campbell was actually a quality player. (as well as a ****)

Skirt Boy
13-01-2020, 10:25 PM
Nah, Sol Campbell was actually a quality player. (as well as a ****)

:pissup::pissup::pissup::pissup:

Bremsstrahlung
13-01-2020, 11:03 PM
:wanker:

boz-monaut
15-01-2020, 05:56 PM
so the kids get a nice short coach ride to Shropshire for the reserve/youth cup

suits everyone quite well

boz-monaut
17-01-2020, 06:29 AM
https://www.si.com/soccer/2020/01/16/jurgen-klopp-liverpool-manager-aura-connection

an interesting American article on Klopp

Bremsstrahlung
20-01-2020, 06:06 AM
Far out, are we trying to give them a point?
Could be 5-0 by now. We’ve let them back in this.

boz-monaut
20-01-2020, 06:25 AM
try getting back to sleep now

telling stat they put up just as injury time started that Man United had 85% of possession in the last 5 minutes

the celebration of Salah's goal made it all worth it

Bremsstrahlung
20-01-2020, 06:32 AM
try getting back to sleep now

telling stat they put up just as injury time started that Man United had 85% of possession in the last 5 minutes

the celebration of Salah's goal made it all worth it

Goosebumps again. This team is just so good to watch.
Can’t help but think we will lose Salah and/or Mane at seasons end.

Alison loving it! Beat the other 9 guys to get to Salah first! Would like to see how far down the field he was when Salahs shot left his boot.
Anfield went from being nervous to pure elation.

Also, who forgot to give the VAR guy his money today, ffs.

boz-monaut
20-01-2020, 08:13 AM
that old saying that if you won every week it'd be boring simply isn't true

Bremsstrahlung
20-01-2020, 08:41 AM
Can’t wait to come crashing back down with a loss to a relegation battler around our UCL schedule.
Wolves will be out for revenge too.

Jeterpool
20-01-2020, 12:20 PM
Everyone is very quiet about VAR supporting Liverpool this weekend :whistling:

Frodo
20-01-2020, 12:52 PM

So you get one week of unbiased refereeing and all of a sudden you think you follow a normal team like the rest of us. Haha, nope.

Also, the Ref tried to give you a rubbish call and even VAR couldn't get away with that one. I'm sure the refs bosses were shaking their heads thinking "jeez, don't make it too bloody obvious". VVDs face when the ref said play on was hilarious, he nearly choked on his laughter at how bad that call was.

Bon
20-01-2020, 12:53 PM
So you get one week of unbiased refereeing and all of a sudden you think you follow a normal team like the rest of us. Haha, nope.

Also, the Ref tried to give you a rubbish call and even VAR couldn't get away with that one. I'm sure the refs bosses were shaking their heads thinking "jeez, don't make it too bloody obvious". VVDs face when the ref said play on was hilarious, he nearly choked on his laughter at how bad that call was.

I was waiting in here for you, Mr Baggins...

pv4
20-01-2020, 01:27 PM

:rof: the fact you feel the need to address it shows how bad the situation has been to date.

I'm with Roy Keane here, that's never a foul on the keeper for me. VVD only has eyes on the ball and if anything it's De Gea that brings the situation into question as his challenge creates the issue - I don't see how it's fair to say De Gea was blocked from challenging for the ball when it's actually VVD that isn't allowed to challenge it there. And De Gea has full sight of VVD, not the other way around. I'll never agree that instance is a foul. I understand in world football that instance has almost always been called a foul, but I have just never seen it.

Frodo
20-01-2020, 02:24 PM
:rof: the fact you feel the need to address it shows how bad the situation has been to date.

I'm with Roy Keane here, that's never a foul on the keeper for me. VVD only has eyes on the ball and if anything it's De Gea that brings the situation into question as his challenge creates the issue - I don't see how it's fair to say De Gea was blocked from challenging for the ball when it's actually VVD that isn't allowed to challenge it there. And De Gea has full sight of VVD, not the other way around. I'll never agree that instance is a foul. I understand in world football that instance has almost always been called a foul, but I have just never seen it.

Someone never played in goals.

VVD jumps towards De Gea knowing full well where he is, after checking his position before leaping. It's a foul.

Also, the fact that Keane thinks it's not a foul is even more proof it was. Whenever it comes to ref calls he turns into a Paul Merson level idiot.

Bon
20-01-2020, 02:36 PM
Someone never played in goals.

VVD jumps towards De Gea knowing full well where he is, after checking his position before leaping. It's a foul.

Also, the fact that Keane thinks it's not a foul is even more proof it was. Whenever it comes to ref calls he turns into a Paul Merson level idiot.

God damn I love Roy..
The blokes bleeds Man U still, but can't wait to spend all of his time bagging the sh!t out of them..

Retro Jet
20-01-2020, 04:28 PM
Lol. Checked in here for salt and found a mine.

I've done the rounds of post game chats n most are disagreeing with the VVD v DeGea incident. If that's in the middle of the park it's 50/50. DeGea - £340k/week n can't catch. There's a reason big f*****s go in for headers on corners and fairly contested balls...mainly to score on corners though
:brrr:

And how's the ManUre fans with their 'where's your famous atmosphere' chants. Zzzzzzz
Looked like a bunch of black clad stalagmites compared to the Kop. Check out Maych's RedMen
Vlog for some atmosphere. Fml...
Worse thst the ShitShed in Perth they are.

Civilized 7am on Fri for Wolves...

StannyCFCJET
20-01-2020, 05:10 PM
There not wrong though. Unless is a big rivalry or a big UCL match Anfield is like a library. Unfortunately all the top 6 have this problem

Jeterpool
20-01-2020, 05:20 PM
The VVD/DeGea incident was interesting. I was watching the post-game discussions and Dermott Gallagher was brought in and essentially said:
It should have been called a free-kick before the goal went in.
There was precedent with a decision that went the same way between Tim Krul and someone else (who escapes me at the moment) and the outcomes were consistent.
Another one was shown where it De Gea was impeded and the goal was given however on that occasion he tried to PUNCH it clear, as opposed to catching it, and simply missed it completely.

I don't have a problem with the call. As Retro said, 50/50.

Jeterpool
20-01-2020, 05:21 PM

I'm not addressing it. I'm doing it merely for the laughs because it seems to be a big deal for everyone else.

I still hate VAR.

Bremsstrahlung
20-01-2020, 08:30 PM
I'm not addressing it. I'm doing it merely for the laughs because it seems to be a big deal for everyone else.

I still hate VAR.

lololol.
LiVARpool always makes me chuckle. THATS the reason we are successful atm.

Unless!!!!

Van Dijk
Alexander-Arnold
Robertson

Jeterpool
24-01-2020, 10:17 AM
Whenever I watch them I always walk away thinking "Geez Wolves are a good team"

Bon
24-01-2020, 10:19 AM

Man, Traore was tearing Robbo a new one a LOT..
Can't help but feel sorry for Wolves there, they deserved something from the game.. But I guess we made our own luck..

Retro Jet
24-01-2020, 10:30 AM

Deserve 4th spot. They'd troble a few European teams.
Great goal by them. Traore's cross mm perfect. Lol...Alisson didn't look happy. Probably why he put his beard on the line later on.

How's Bobby, eh? Class finish. Well held up by Mo in the leadup.
That 'winter break' can't come soon enough...especially for Robbo. He should sit out Shrewsbury and West Ham b4 hand.

Jeterpool
24-01-2020, 11:02 AM
Man, Traore was tearing Robbo a new one a LOT..
Can't help but feel sorry for Wolves there, they deserved something from the game.. But I guess we made our own luck..

I think Wolves were worthy of a point at least

Bremsstrahlung
24-01-2020, 02:01 PM
Another win because of VAR.

Did they show any VAR footage of Jimenez pass to Traore? I’d love to see how close that was.
Wolves look so dangerous. They exploited our high line really well off set pieces and general play.

Jetmaster
24-01-2020, 02:34 PM
Why did they even question Henderson's goal?

Frodo
24-01-2020, 03:23 PM
Why did they even question Henderson's goal?

It was to check it went in off his shoulder and not his arm. It clearly went in off his shoulder, don't know why they even needed to check.

No VAR troubles this game. Wolves probably fluffed the same number of good chances as Pool. I think Liverpool were still a little lucky to get all 3 points given the way Wolves got at them tho.

Retro Jet
24-01-2020, 03:39 PM
Yeah...that was a real WTF moment. Maybe they thought ears aren't allowed to score? Armpits obviously aren't.
Justifying their existence when you see shiz like that being pulled up for a gander.

boz-monaut
24-01-2020, 09:51 PM
is it perhaps bad to think that it would have been preferable to have been ahead by one point at the end of sixteen seasons, than ahead by sixteen points at the end of one season?

Skirt Boy
25-01-2020, 11:31 AM
Is it just me or are the Scouse bigger cunce than those blowins from Woolwich?

Especially when they win a lot.

boz-monaut
25-01-2020, 12:09 PM
it's just you

MFKS
25-01-2020, 01:12 PM
Is it just me or are the Scouse bigger cunce than those blowins from Woolwich?

Especially when they win a lot.

Yep

They even talking about an impending era of dominance when they ain't even won it once yet

At the moment they playing well their luck is in and VAR is helping them. It ain't really gonna get much better for them than now

redwah
25-01-2020, 01:24 PM
Yep

They even talking about an impending era of dominance when they ain't even won it once yet

At the moment they playing well their luck is in and VAR is helping them. It ain't really gonna get much better for them than now

You are jokin right????

Last week after we beat the mancs was probably the first time any fan actually said out loud we’d win this years league.

We are doing enough to win games, yeah we’ve had some luck but the VAR talk is rubbish...as for getting better...who can tell honestly....only Klopp and his team know who they may try buy and who they may move and once those things happen then improvement may come, it may not

Bremsstrahlung
25-01-2020, 02:06 PM
Hahaha it makes me laugh at everyone that calls Liverpool fans plastic.

What motivation have we had over the last what, 30 years to support this club?

StannyCFCJET
25-01-2020, 02:16 PM

It's cause you gained alot of fans in the 80s and 90s based off the fact you guys were the ones winning stuff during the 80s and those people are grown up and can't give a reason besides liverpool being successful for an excuse to them following the club

boz-monaut
25-01-2020, 02:19 PM
and you started supporting Chelsea before they were bought by a corrupt oligarch?

StannyCFCJET
25-01-2020, 02:21 PM
and you started supporting Chelsea before they were bought by a corrupt oligarch?

Yep, Zola and that late 90s team is why I support Chelsea. Loved their style of play and thought Zola was the best footballer i'd ever seen.

redwah
25-01-2020, 02:23 PM

Maybe he was born in Chelsea in 1991......just like football was

redwah
25-01-2020, 02:24 PM
It's cause you gained alot of fans in the 80s and 90s based off the fact you guys were the ones winning stuff during the 80s and those people are grown up and can't give a reason besides liverpool being successful for an excuse to them following the club

Craig Johnston.

StannyCFCJET
25-01-2020, 02:26 PM
Craig Johnston.

Thats a fair reason. I wasnt alive back then was his times in Liverpool covered much in Australia?

Bremsstrahlung
25-01-2020, 02:37 PM
When I was over there, every Scouse I spoke to heard the accent and spoke about Craig Johnston.

And yeh, I get they had a successful pre-EPL, but wouldn’t all the “plastic fans” have dried up over the barren 30 year drought, and left the people that genuinely support the club?
If your plastic, probably don’t support a club that hasn’t won a domestic title in 30 years.

MFKS
25-01-2020, 03:08 PM

Ok I will pay the ones who are born raised or actually live in Liverpool as not being plastic

For all the other millions on the planet I will call them plastic because they are

MFKS
25-01-2020, 03:09 PM
You are jokin right????

Last week after we beat the mancs was probably the first time any fan actually said out loud we’d win this years league.

We are doing enough to win games, yeah we’ve had some luck but the VAR talk is rubbish...as for getting better...who can tell honestly....only Klopp and his team know who they may try buy and who they may move and once those things happen then improvement may come, it may not

The VAR talk ain't rubbish

You got a Sydney FC like Horseshoe up your rear end this season

redwah
25-01-2020, 06:32 PM
The VAR talk ain't rubbish

You got a Sydney FC like Horseshoe up your rear end this season

And you have a peanut size brain in your skull....VAR hasn’t handed Liverpool a 16pt lead.

Aegon
25-01-2020, 06:48 PM

Isn’t that basically every foreign fans reason?

I started following Newcastle because they were in the Keegan era when I started following football.

StannyCFCJET
25-01-2020, 07:16 PM

I started following Newcastle because they were in the Keegan era when I started following football.

We're Newcastle winning everything then?

MFKS
25-01-2020, 07:57 PM
And you have a peanut size brain in your skull....VAR hasn’t handed Liverpool a 16pt lead.

It not the entire 16 points but it still quite a chunk of those 16 points

Frodo
25-01-2020, 08:02 PM
Wait, is there a Chelsea fan calling another teams supporter's Plastic?

Aegon
25-01-2020, 08:57 PM

Nope, but they were awesome to watch every single game they played. Weren’t called the entertainers for nothing!

redwah
25-01-2020, 08:58 PM
Wait, is there a Chelsea fan calling another teams supporter's Plastic?

Yeah it was part of his introduction pack

Skirt Boy
25-01-2020, 08:59 PM

I'm not calling them plastic. I'm calling them cunce.

boz-monaut
25-01-2020, 09:10 PM
we all should respect Spurs fans because one thing is for certain that they never joined that bandwagon during any glory days

baldrick
25-01-2020, 09:32 PM
we all should respect Spurs fans because one thing is for certain that they never joined that bandwagon during any glory days

:lol:

Jetmaster
26-01-2020, 05:04 PM
Who else has scruples and supports a side outside the Plastic 6?

Jeterpool
26-01-2020, 05:52 PM

I support the jets

MFKS
26-01-2020, 09:51 PM

I support the Jets and no one else

How anyone can have any serious interest in a side 12000 miles from home defies logic to me

boz-monaut
26-01-2020, 10:06 PM
yes but you think climate change and the moon landing are hoaxes so it's not like you can see rhyme from reason

StannyCFCJET
26-01-2020, 10:24 PM
I support the Jets and no one else

How anyone can have any serious interest in a side 12000 miles from home defies logic to me

For someone who only supports the Jets you have alot of opinions of English teams and their fans

Retro Jet
26-01-2020, 10:35 PM

Nope, but they were awesome to watch every single game they played. Weren’t called the entertainers for nothing!

This was a pretty entertaining night...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVE316eqqXE

Faustino Asprilla...what a legend. Heard he was once spotted naked in the stands when he was suspended for a game.
Could be an urban myth tho...

Bremsstrahlung
27-01-2020, 09:20 AM
yes but you think climate change and the moon landing are hoaxes so it's not like you can see rhyme from reason

Don’t forget the sky god who by logic is more than 12,000 miles away.
#plastic

baldrick
27-01-2020, 09:59 AM

The question should be, why wouldn’t someone be interested in teams playing in the best football leagues in the world ?

Bremsstrahlung
27-01-2020, 11:02 AM
Ffs, how are we supposed to progress in the FA Cup if there’s no VAR?
Thankfully next games at Anfield.

Jetmaster
27-01-2020, 12:31 PM
VAR wasn't missed.

Win/win....Shrewsbury get a game at Anfield and a big cash boost. Tourists can get easy tix and your reserves get another run at home.

MFKS
27-01-2020, 08:14 PM
Don't misquote me

Climate Change doesn't exist so it can't be a hoax because it ain't been passed off as fact yet

Man hasn't landed on the moon as we can't make it there so that one is a hoax I suppose

boz-monaut
05-02-2020, 10:00 AM
as they say, you don't win anything with kids

this should quieten a few mouthy prats

Jetmaster
05-02-2020, 10:11 AM
BBC not just referring to LiVARpool but calling them the "LiVARpool Kids"...

I haven't seen the call so don't know how close it was. Good point though that you don't have a fair playing field if VAR is used at some grounds and not others.

Frodo
05-02-2020, 10:45 AM
Firstly, don't forget that Harvey Elliott himself cost more than the entire Shrewsbury squad combined. I think all up the team you put out is worth about 3 and a bit times the Shrewsbury squad. Shrewsbury were the underdogs here, not the other way around.

Secondly, the funniest part of this result is that Klopp now has more games to play. All the fans are happy they won, but that salty prick is gonna be unhappy by it. This is a bigger win for everyone mocking Liverpool than it is for you guys.

Thirdly, the VAR call was correct but it was a fair bit before the actual goal, hence the confusion. Although the fact that there was no VAR in the first game but there was this game is terrible. There's no way that can be fair for anybody.

The OG was fairly comical too. Go find it if you want to cringe at the poor bloke who headed it in from about 20 yards out.

Frodo
05-02-2020, 10:48 AM
as they say, you don't win anything with kids

this should quieten a few mouthy prats

The disrespect of Klopp not even bothering to show up hasn't changed at all. He deserves all the hate he is getting for mocking the FA cup by his absence. This result just gives everyone another game to mock his attitude towards the cup even more.

No one really cared about playing the kids, it's a league one team, your U23s should be good enough to give them a game. It was the Klopp thing that got everyone riled up.

Sorry, you'll have to deal with this for a bit longer.

StannyCFCJET
05-02-2020, 11:07 AM
The disrespect of Klopp not even bothering to show up hasn't changed at all. He deserves all the hate he is getting for mocking the FA cup by his absence. This result just gives everyone another game to mock his attitude towards the cup even more.

No one really cared about playing the kids, it's a league one team, your U23s should be good enough to give them a game. It was the Klopp thing that got everyone riled up.

Sorry, you'll have to deal with this for a bit longer.

FA cup used to mean something. The new style if Manager (Klopp, Pep ETC) treat it like a joke which is disgusting

boz-monaut
05-02-2020, 12:05 PM
Klopp is showing respect for the welfare of his players

which should be applauded

any other argument about disrespecting the FA Cup is reactionary nonsense

cobra23
05-02-2020, 12:23 PM
Klopp is showing respect for the welfare of his players

which should be applauded

any other argument about disrespecting the FA Cup is reactionary nonsense

one word boz

JEALOUSY

Sums up the arsenal and chelsea fans.
both clubs had there glory days but when a much deserved club is now finally reaping the rewards the hatred comes in..

boz-monaut
05-02-2020, 12:50 PM
to steal a comment on another site

"Liverpool FC give youth players an opportunity to play at a senior level and reduce ticket prices for match goers....and get nothing but criticism.

Seems like Liverpool are the only club keeping the magic of the FA Cup alive."