PDA

View Full Version : L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15

StannyCFCJET
05-02-2020, 12:50 PM
one word boz

JEALOUSY

Sums up the arsenal and chelsea fans.
both clubs had there glory days but when a much deserved club is now finally reaping the rewards the hatred comes in..

No hatred just realism. Imagine the outrage if someone like Jose did this? The FA cup is brilliant and magic and Klopp is treating it like a piece of garbage. Also define much deserved?

Bremsstrahlung
05-02-2020, 01:10 PM
I don’t get what the problem is...much ado about nothing and people taking news propaganda as gospel and going for a run with it - referring the the outrage about Klopp not coaching the team which only became a story after a pundit decided it annoyed him.

Our 21s get probably their most competitive game they have played in, their coach who has worked with them all year gets to have a shot at the biggest stage he has worked on.

https://youtu.be/Gme76XPSUlY

Post match scenes show one hell of an excited bunch of footballers and coach.

Klopp is looking after his players and has EPL and UCL as his top priority. If Liverpool were to win FA Cup but lose EPL, UCL everyone will be saying it’s a Mickey Mouse cup and doesn’t count.
FA told clubs they would have an imposed break in scheduling. Club accommodated and planned for this. Then FA says hey, we actually need you to play a game....

If your boss tells you, you’ve got leave for a week, you plan your holiday and a week before says you’ve actually gotta turn up for one day in the middle, do you rock up to work?

Most clubs play weak teams or second string teams for early FA Cup games.

Anyway, carry on. :popcorn:

Frodo
05-02-2020, 03:04 PM
Klopp is showing respect for the welfare of his players

which should be applauded

any other argument about disrespecting the FA Cup is reactionary nonsense

My arguments about the FA cup and Klopp are separate to this, but I do have an issue with dumb statement some fans are pushing.

Liverpool have an hugely expensive squad full of players who aren't even getting game time. If Klopp is so scared of his depth issues he should have signed some players in January to deal with it. Not played out his usual tears in the media about how he's the good guy and the FA are picking on him.

The FA did nothing wrong here. They organised a winter break, they also told every single club and manager what would happen if you draw that game. The fact that Liverpool had to play again was entirely their own fault. Klopp should be blaming his own stupidity, not the FA.

Bremsstrahlung
05-02-2020, 04:24 PM
Conversely Klopp didn’t do anything wrong.
He’s allowed to do what he did.

boz-monaut
05-02-2020, 04:50 PM
anyways, a full eleven days until the next game against Norwich

we should all get some rest

Frodo
05-02-2020, 06:20 PM
Conversely Klopp didn’t do anything wrong.
He’s allowed to do what he did.

Not wrong, just terribly disrespectful to Shrewsbury town. He showed some of his true colours on this one. I've always disliked the bloke, this was just further proof that I'm correct in my view of him.

Amazing manager, shit bloke.

finzee
05-02-2020, 06:31 PM
Not wrong, just terribly disrespectful to Shrewsbury town. He showed some of his true colours on this one. I've always disliked the bloke, this was just further proof that I'm correct in my view of him.

No one is listening to your outraged opinion dikwad

You being a little jealous Arsenal turd should just piss orf and continue dreaming about being as good a bloke as Klopp.

Bremsstrahlung
05-02-2020, 06:45 PM

How did he disrespect them?
He put out a competitive team to play them. Gave them a fair chance to progress. I don’t think they’d be too concerned if they won this game.

Nobody puts out their full strength teams to play lesser league teams.
Are they disrespectful?

Frodo
05-02-2020, 07:02 PM
How did he disrespect them?
He put out a competitive team to play them. Gave them a fair chance to progress. I don’t think they’d be too concerned if they won this game.

Nobody puts out their full strength teams to play lesser league teams.
Are they disrespectful?

The team didn't matter, he can play anyone within the Liverpool squad and by extension the youth sides. I don't think Shrewsbury town would have cared if you played the U16s.

Him not showing up was the disrespect.

Put yourself in a Shrewsbury town fans shoes and then you'll have a better understanding. Imagine having one of the top managers in the world think you're so insignificant a club that you aren't worthy of him even watching his team play. All he had to do was sit on the bench and let he U23 coach do all the work. He could have just sat there and applauded the kids when they did well. He already had a month off in June. He hasn't been running around and doing damage to his body. He has plenty of coaches to help with day to day duties. There's zero reason he couldn't show up other than arrogance and disrespect.

Jeterpool
06-02-2020, 09:30 AM
I tend to agree with some of what is being said by Frodo and the others . While stopping short of calling him a shit bloke, I think it was a poor choice not to attend. I also think that some players could have used from time - Minamino, Keita, Lallana could have all used some time.

While not ruining the experience Shrewsbury Town had, I think there would have been a touch of disappointment surrounding the team they faced.

StannyCFCJET
06-02-2020, 11:10 AM
Are managers actually allowed not to attend and pass the manger duties to an assistant?

Frodo
06-02-2020, 11:59 AM
Are managers actually allowed not to attend and pass the manger duties to an assistant?

There's likely no rule about that from the FA. Cause if a coach is sick, he wouldn't have to attend. It's more so a contractual thing between the manager and the club that forces them to go each week. Liverpool obviously backed Klopp on his position.

Bremsstrahlung
06-02-2020, 01:28 PM
Think Klopp is just a bit dirty about their unwillingness to postpone or reschedule their previous game when it clashed with club World Cup, and now he’s refusing to reschedule their break and play.

Jetmaster
06-02-2020, 02:21 PM
The obvious thing that should happen is that they ditch the League Cup (Carabao, Coca Cola, Milk, Worthingtons, Carling, Rumbelows Cup et al).

All it does is clog up the fixture list. The winners get nothing except a "tin cup" (quoting Jose on Special 1 TV) and 100,000 pounds. It is an EFL competition so why, at least, is the EPL still in it?

Just have the FA Cup starting earlier. It involves every club in the country, has some prestige and a 2 million prize. Big it up a bit more.

Will free up alot of the calendar too.

THEBIGCHEESE
06-02-2020, 03:27 PM
The obvious thing that should happen is that they ditch the League Cup (Carabao, Coca Cola, Milk, Worthingtons, Carling, Rumbelows Cup et al).

All it does is clog up the fixture list. The winners get nothing except a "tin cup" (quoting Jose on Special 1 TV) and 100,000 pounds. It is an EFL competition so why, at least, is the EPL still in it?

Just have the FA Cup starting earlier. It involves every club in the country, has some prestige and a 2 million prize. Big it up a bit more.

Will free up alot of the calendar too.

The winners of the "Tin Cup" get entry to Europe. Which to the big clubs would mean nothing but it opens up spots for either the runner up or 7th/8th place in the Premier League.

Constant revenue through out the cup run.

Confidence and playing time for squad players which would help in injuries circumstances and youth players to add valuable experience.

Maybe the answer would be to have a minimum number of players who are under 23 for EPL Clubs.

boz-monaut
08-02-2020, 11:30 PM
Henderson's wife has just given birth to a baby boy and Mo Salah is just about to become a dad again in coming days

in totally unrelated news its nine months go today that Liverpool beat Barcelona in the Champions League semi final second leg

Bon
11-02-2020, 04:09 PM

Ahhhhh Frodo...
Come on, mate... Save your salt for SB and his Tottenham boys.. You even chose to support Spuds when we were playing against them!! I was outraged with you.. :gent:

Skirt Boy
11-02-2020, 09:27 PM
Ahhhhh Frodo...
Come on, mate... Save your salt for SB and his Tottenham boys.. You even chose to support Spuds when we were playing against them!! I was outraged with you.. :gent:

No need to get jealous that Frodo is slowly realising that Spurs are the ONLY team in North London.

Bon
12-02-2020, 09:11 AM
No need to get jealous that Frodo is slowly realising that Spurs are the ONLY team in North London.

I couldn't believe it..
Normally for Mr Baggins, the only thing better than an Arsenal win, is a Tottenham loss.. And here he was, cheering on Spuds.. Unbelievable...
A shattered man..

Frodo
12-02-2020, 04:30 PM
I couldn't believe it..
Normally for Mr Baggins, the only thing better than an Arsenal win, is a Tottenham loss.. And here he was, cheering on Spuds.. Unbelievable...
A shattered man..

As I already explained you salty Norwegian salad tosser, I just need Liverpool to lose once. I don't care who it is, and I'll support any team against them until that loss occurs, but it needs to happen at least once.

That game in question, I was supporting a Liverpool loss not a Spuds win. Haha.

Skirt Boy
12-02-2020, 07:30 PM
A

That game in question, I was supporting a Liverpool loss not a Spuds win. Haha.

We are all adults here. You can come out of the closet so to speak. No need to put a big show on.

boz-monaut
16-02-2020, 09:08 AM
caught most of the second half against Norwich

that wasn't pretty

for a team last by eight points against a team first by 22 points, with 55 separating them in all, that wasn't the domination you'd expect

fantastic goal my Mane though

Bremsstrahlung
16-02-2020, 11:24 AM
Yeh, but scrappy. But expected.
Took them 85 minutes to get a shot on target.

Was always gonna happen though, relegation team fighting for survival, parking the bus and relying on counter. We have one eye on Wednesday.

Put a sneaky bet on Norwich to win that one because that’s the Liverpool way.

Bremsstrahlung
16-02-2020, 11:29 AM
We are gonna have a very interesting summer.

I can’t see us keeping our front 3 in tact.
Some big moneys are gonna be coming in for all of them and I think it’ll come down to Klopp saying “what do you want to do?” to each of them.

I’m excited when names like Werner, sancho and Mbappe are being thrown around (also with every other big club).

Bremsstrahlung
19-02-2020, 02:39 PM
This mornings game reminded me of watching Socceroos qualify for a World Cup.
Opposition going down quicker and easier than LFC officials on the VAR ref

redwah
19-02-2020, 06:08 PM
This mornings game reminded me of watching Socceroos qualify for a World Cup.
Opposition going down quicker and easier than LFC officials on the VAR ref

I don’t know how grown men can feel normal when they fall over more than a 1 yr old learning to walk......though I don’t know how refs can look at themselves in the mirror when they buy it

Frodo
19-02-2020, 07:59 PM
Liverpool fans complaining about diving. I've seen it all now.

Frodo
19-02-2020, 08:03 PM
“If the ‘dive’ will give me a penalty then I will do it! Why not? But what Jurgen said is correct. I do not dive,” Mane said, via quotes by Sky Sports

And that doesn't even take into account Salad's back catalogue of hilarious flops and fakes.

Bremsstrahlung
19-02-2020, 08:49 PM
Mate, do a quick google on simulation/diving bookings for the last few seasons.
See you soon.

Frodo
19-02-2020, 09:02 PM
Mate, do a quick google on simulation/diving bookings for the last few seasons.
See you soon.

So if you don't get caught it didn't happen? Your team is well known for diving, they just get away with it much more than others. My team is horrible at diving, we have received more bookings for simulation than actual attempts at simulation. Our ability to cheat has been horrible the last few years and we really need to improve if we want to win titles again.

Frodo
19-02-2020, 09:05 PM
https://youtu.be/QkK1_VZ3los

Please enjoy a small compilation of just one of the members of the Liverpool Men's Diving team.

fozphantom
20-02-2020, 12:54 AM
Liverpool fans complaining about diving. I've seen it all now.

how unusual u posting here after that result. Geezus. i think you post here more than your own teams thread who ever that is.
:trolls:

Frodo
20-02-2020, 07:38 AM
how unusual u posting here after that result. Geezus. i think you post here more than your own teams thread who ever that is.

I don't think I've ever even posted in this thread before. Not sure what you're talking about.

#fakenews

boz-monaut
20-02-2020, 10:20 AM
Frodo, you have more posts in here than furns, the president of the LFC Supporters Club in Australia

Frodo
20-02-2020, 11:02 AM
Frodo, you have more posts in here than furns, the president of the LFC Supporters Club in Australia

But still less than Stanny?

boz-monaut
20-02-2020, 11:58 AM
go check it yourself

click on the number after replies when you're viewing from a computer

quite telling who is the biggest Liverpool lovers

StannyCFCJET
20-02-2020, 12:09 PM
go check it yourself

Well his own club give him nothing to love so makes sense he is trying to change to another one

MFKS
20-02-2020, 12:11 PM
go check it yourself

Can't be Stanny

I thought that was the bloke running VAR who loves Liverpool the most

That guy got to be a dual Sydney FC and Scouse fan

Frodo
20-02-2020, 12:18 PM
go check it yourself

I think I'm just the biggest fan of talking almost sense, but filtered through my arse first, if that makes sense. Absolute Sh&t talk, but with valid points thrown in as well. Sh&t-sense? Poopy-logic? Articulated chin dribble? I don't have a name for it yet, where's plague or PV4 when you need them, we need to brain storm. No answer is a wrong answer here people, this is a safe zone.

Frodo
20-02-2020, 12:20 PM
Can't be Stanny

I thought that was the bloke running VAR who loves Liverpool the most

That guy got to be a dual Sydney FC and Scouse fan

I haven't heard much from Furns on the Foz lately, I just assumed he got the VAR gig,... and since Plague has gone quiet the VAR has turned into even more of a joke. Coincidence? I think not.

Skirt Boy
20-02-2020, 07:33 PM

Woolwich supporters. The OG Gypo c$%^&s

Bon
25-02-2020, 09:15 AM
Well...
This will be an interesting last halfa..

Bremsstrahlung
25-02-2020, 09:25 AM
Who forgot to make the payment?

Bremsstrahlung
25-02-2020, 09:26 AM
Nevermind, it appears we gave it to Fabianski instead

Bremsstrahlung
25-02-2020, 09:45 AM
Confirmation the wad of cash was delivered to Fabianski not VAR.
ffs, how are we supposed to win games without VAR helping us.

Bon
25-02-2020, 09:48 AM

Don't know mate..
Pretty sure Arsenal will overtake us now.. Right Frodo?? :gent:

Bremsstrahlung
25-02-2020, 10:54 AM
It’s been a while since I’ve looked at the table.
With 33 points left to play for. Only 3 teams can catch us.
City, Leicester and of course our friends in the Arsenal thread

Retro Jet
25-02-2020, 04:57 PM
Who forgot to make the payment?

Nevermind, it appears we gave it to Fabianski instead

Apparently Dean Henderson texted him before the game and said there's FSG wads of cash waiting to be made.
Just do it 2nd half when it's not so early and obvious...just like he did :rof:
4 to go...

baldrick
25-02-2020, 09:09 PM
Pretty sure Arsenal will overtake us now.. :gent:

Now you’re talking :thumbsup:

boz-monaut
27-02-2020, 10:49 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/feb/27/liverpool-42m-pre-tax-profit-record-223m-spend-on-players-financial-year-2018-19

everything running smoothly

marvellous

Jim
01-03-2020, 12:51 AM
There is no guarantee that Premier League leaders Liverpool would be crowned English champions if the season is cut short by the coronavirus

Jeterpool
01-03-2020, 07:01 AM
Watford worthy of the lead in this game

Jeterpool
01-03-2020, 07:04 AM
Trent and Lovren didn't have a very good game beside each other today.

boz-monaut
01-03-2020, 07:48 AM
wheels have fallen off, they'll lose every game from here and gift City the title

this was always going to happen

Jeterpool
01-03-2020, 07:54 AM
It was fun while it lasted

Frodo
01-03-2020, 07:58 AM
Thank you. I really needed this after the week we've had. Just thank you.

Jeterpool
01-03-2020, 07:59 AM
Klopp's response in post-game interview was right today - need to look at this because it can easily turn into 4 or 5 losses. That's now 2 in 3 (in all competitions) adn could have easily been a loss or draw against West Ham.

Time to look at what went wrong and respond. Henderson in the midfield was greatly missed. The question to play Lovren over Matip will be questioned.

Teams are working out how to disrupt and beat this Liverpool side. That's a good thing

Frodo
01-03-2020, 08:04 AM
Klopp's response in post-game interview was right today - need to look at this because it can easily turn into 4 or 5 losses. That's now 2 in 3 (in all competitions) adn could have easily been a loss or draw against West Ham.

Time to look at what went wrong and respond. Henderson in the midfield was greatly missed. The question to play Lovren over Matip will be questioned.

Teams are working out how to disrupt and beat this Liverpool side. That's a good thing

Focus might have just been on Atletico. It's pretty easy to lose in the league right before a knock out game/final. West Ham game also seemed liked the players weren't focused.

Bremsstrahlung
01-03-2020, 08:06 AM
We’ve been very luck to get some wins recently. This has been coming.
Lovren needs to be sold I think, he’s down the pecking order.
Agree, Hendersons influence on our team is very underrated.

The loss hopefully relieves some of the pressure.

Jeterpool
01-03-2020, 08:09 AM
Focus might have just been on Atletico. It's pretty easy to lose in the league right before a knock out game/final. West Ham game also seemed liked the players weren't focused.

I trend to agree

Captain Obvious
01-03-2020, 08:19 AM
Even though they lost Liverpool FC are still heavy favourites to win the English Premier League title.

redwah
01-03-2020, 08:44 AM
We’ve been very luck to get some wins recently. This has been coming.
Lovren needs to be sold I think, he’s down the pecking order.
Agree, Hendersons influence on our team is very underrated.

The loss hopefully relieves some of the pressure.

Agree...this one has been coming. We haven’t played well for a few weeks. Mane has been almost non existent since return, Fabinho hasn’t been the same. Lovren didn’t do all that much wrong, but can’t cover Virgil as well as Gomes does. We offered nothing in attack. Our passing has been ordinary at best lately too

Watford played well, defended with 11 and took most of their chances.

Bad day out...but we will are still on top....by some.

boz-monaut
01-03-2020, 08:58 AM
I feel like this is one of those anorak questions that get asked on "The Knowledge" in the Guardian but:

when was the last time the Jets won and Liverpool lost on the same weekend?

Skirt Boy
01-03-2020, 08:59 AM
What a joke of a club.

baldrick
01-03-2020, 09:29 AM
I’m perfectly ok with Liverpool winning the PL now.

MFKS
01-03-2020, 09:51 AM

How exactly is it a good thing??

Liverpool are pretty much at the peak of their cycle

UCL holders
Undefeated in 25 or so EPL games
Won **** knows how many EPL games on the trot

Reality is that regardless how successful Liverpool are in future years they ain't going to be on a run like they are at the moment

Teams always work out ways to beat the top teams

Barcelona and Spain looked invincible with the Tikka Takka at 1 point. That stopped eventually

boz-monaut
01-03-2020, 10:24 AM
it's a good thing because it shows theres evolution in the game

theres no winning formula that's going to work every time, now and forever

if there was, its be boring and we'd all lose interest

much better to sit back and enjoy the fact that money is the most important thing in football, and what you really need these days is a petro state with questionable human rights to fund your team

Jeterpool
01-03-2020, 10:42 AM
it's a good thing because it shows theres evolution in the game

theres no winning formula that's going to work every time, now and forever

if there was, its be boring and we'd all lose interest

much better to sit back and enjoy the fact that money is the most important thing in football, and what you really need these days is a petro state with questionable human rights to fund your team

There's your answer member

Plus, if someone works out how to beat you, you work hard to find a way to get past that approach as well as all the others

Retro Jet
01-03-2020, 01:35 PM
I'm blaming that kid who wrote the letter to Klopp, Dejan Lovern and COCONUTS!

redwah
01-03-2020, 02:39 PM
I’m perfectly ok with Liverpool winning the PL now.

Gee thanks heaps.....glad we have your approval....oh and don’t even bother tomorrow.

Frodo
04-03-2020, 09:49 AM
Man, remember when Liverpool were good and actually won games? It's been so long...

Frodo
04-03-2020, 09:50 AM
I wonder if this is exhaustion/focus loss/etc or just prioritising the UCL return leg?

Jeterpool
04-03-2020, 10:14 AM
I wonder if this is exhaustion/focus loss/etc or just prioritising the UCL return leg?

They are looking exhausted to me.

boz-monaut
04-03-2020, 10:18 AM
wheels have well and truly fallen off

theis is the start of the biggest choke in the history of sport

I've already burnt all my Liverpool gear

**** this, **** everyone and everything

MFKS
04-03-2020, 11:03 AM
Serves you right for taking the piss with your line up and not picking your best 11

Chelsea put on a side who is arguably first 12 strength

You guys took the piss

Blame your manager who I suppose should be congratulated for showing up this time

StannyCFCJET
04-03-2020, 12:40 PM
Serves you right for taking the piss with your line up and not picking your best 11

Chelsea put on a side who is arguably first 12 strength

You guys took the piss

Blame your manager who I suppose should be congratulated for showing up this time

We played most of our backups. Pedro Barkley Giroud Gilmor Kepa Zouma Alonso are all essentially 2nd choice

Frodo
04-03-2020, 03:37 PM
We played most of our backups. Pedro Barkley Giroud Gilmor Kepa Zouma Alonso are all essentially 2nd choice

You can have Gilmour, the rest are all basically first 11.

StannyCFCJET
04-03-2020, 06:20 PM
You can have Gilmour, the rest are all basically first 11.

Nope not when others are fit. None of the players I named are good enough to start each week

redwah
04-03-2020, 07:39 PM

Don’t go sprouting facts to prove the member wrong...any and all truths are irrelevant

redwah
04-03-2020, 07:40 PM
Liverpool were poor and have been for some weeks, whether tiredness, lack of focus, focus elsewhere we need to sharpen up soon...and I mean within days because we a will be going out the black door of the champions league playing like this

StannyCFCJET
04-03-2020, 08:08 PM
Liverpool were poor and have been for some weeks, whether tiredness, lack of focus, focus elsewhere we need to sharpen up soon...and I mean within days because we a will be going out the black door of the champions league playing like this

Klopp didnt care about the FA CUP and that attitude had moved to the players I reckon

MFKS
04-03-2020, 08:20 PM

Your players are that average your back ups are on par with your first team

You got 25 or so players of similar level no one stands out

I wouldn't bat an eyelid if Lampard put that side out in the EPL in the next few weeks as there ain't no surprise selections really bar Gilmour there

Scousers on the other hand played 5 guys who were first choice

StannyCFCJET
04-03-2020, 08:33 PM
Your players are that average your back ups are on par with your first team

You got 25 or so players of similar level no one stands out

I wouldn't bat an eyelid if Lampard put that side out in the EPL in the next few weeks as there ain't no surprise selections really bar Gilmour there

Scousers on the other hand played 5 guys who were first choice

Ahhh no which is why we arn't doing as well as we were in the beginning of the season. It's great though that having played Liverpool 3 times this season and been the better team each game we finally got the just rewards

Retro Jet
08-03-2020, 01:29 AM
After that Bournemouth goal, anyone calling 'LiVARpool' can now officially eat a dick...

Frodo
08-03-2020, 04:02 AM
After that Bournemouth goal, anyone calling 'LiVARpool' can now officially eat a dick...

You go and win one game and all of a sudden you think you're top dog again? I haven't seen any replays of the "foul" in question, but I'll just assume that VVD cried and that will make it a deserved goal IMO.

(I'll check out the mini-match tomorrow to see the actual challenge in question.)

Retro Jet
08-03-2020, 10:42 AM
Commenting without even watching the foul Frodo?
Dear oh dear.

Bremsstrahlung
08-03-2020, 12:56 PM

Myth was busted ages ago.
Fake news.

Frodo
08-03-2020, 02:22 PM
Commenting without even watching the foul Frodo?
Dear oh dear.

Why watch it? Then I'd know the truth, and who needs that?

Eastwest
08-03-2020, 04:52 PM
This Frodo jerk needs a new man. get off already

Frodo
09-03-2020, 07:08 AM
So if we beat City on Wednesday is that 1 more win needed? I can't be bothered doing the math, I'm guessing one you has the numbers calculated each week.

cobra23
09-03-2020, 08:22 AM
So if we beat City on Wednesday is that 1 more win needed? I can't be bothered doing the math, I'm guessing one you has the numbers calculated each week.

Correct ,
If you beat city they can only reach 84 points ..
We are already 82 points

Bremsstrahlung
09-03-2020, 08:51 AM
Correct ,
Whenyou beat city they can only reach 84 points ..
We are already 82 points

Fixed it.

Frodo
09-03-2020, 09:03 AM
Fixed it.

Someone didn't watch us versus West Ham or Everton? I was hoping that City would have chosen to put more effort into the United game and be happy to give up some points to Arteta. I guess now they'll be hurting and smack 2 or 3 past us.

So if we don't win, when is it looking like you'll be confirmed as champions then? And what happens to VAR once you've won? Does it go back to helping everyone equally for the rest of the league? Or does it pick it's next favourite, I'd assume either Chelski or Spuds?

StannyCFCJET
09-03-2020, 11:31 AM
Someone didn't watch us versus West Ham or Everton? I was hoping that City would have chosen to put more effort into the United game and be happy to give up some points to Arteta. I guess now they'll be hurting and smack 2 or 3 past us.

So if we don't win, when is it looking like you'll be confirmed as champions then? And what happens to VAR once you've won? Does it go back to helping everyone equally for the rest of the league? Or does it pick it's next favourite, I'd assume either Chelski or Spuds?

VAR will never favour us

boz-monaut
09-03-2020, 02:48 PM
took me a while to realise frodo meant Arsenal when they said "we"

this self inflicted Stockholm Syndrome you supposedly supporters of other teams is at times confusing

take nothing for granted but hopefully we will all be celebrating in a few games

Jim
09-03-2020, 11:37 PM
Took a while. Conspiracies can go jump.

https://cf.shopee.com.my/file/bca5c2a453f4967f155f17296e13baa9

Frodo
12-03-2020, 10:39 AM
Also, for anyone wanting to blame that knock out on Adrian. Your defenders could have done something about the shot before it came in, and they could have done more on the other 3 goals conceded. Plus, the forward line kept missing all those chances. If you are relying solely on your GK to get you through, you aren't any better than Atletico and therefore can't complain.

Jeterpool
12-03-2020, 11:00 AM
No complaints from me. Can't keep pushing the boundaries so close and coming out on top every time.

boz-monaut
12-03-2020, 11:05 AM
this is the end, it's all coming crashing down, out of all cups and now the Premier League wi be cancelled and everyone will die of corona virus and probably aids too

StannyCFCJET
12-03-2020, 11:06 AM
If an Attacker faces up to VVD and plays a physical game he cant handle it. Expect most teams to do this from now on

cobra23
12-03-2020, 11:34 AM
If an Attacker faces up to VVD and plays a physical game he cant handle it. Expect most teams to do this from now on

Stanny,

your having one .....
not even going to start on this dribble :facepalm:

StannyCFCJET
12-03-2020, 11:48 AM
Stanny,

your having one .....
not even going to start on this dribble :facepalm:

I got all the proof I need watching Giroud man handle him and cause him to spend the game arguing with the ref

cobra23
12-03-2020, 12:01 PM
I got all the proof I need watching Giroud man handle him and cause him to spend the game arguing with the ref

Geez,
I wonder why all these coaches did not figure this out over the last 2 years , your on to something stanny

StannyCFCJET
12-03-2020, 12:02 PM
Geez,
I wonder why all these coaches did not figure this out over the last 2 years , your on to something stanny

Well it's the first time I'd really seen he rattled before so maybe they hadnt

Frodo
12-03-2020, 12:29 PM
Stanny out here winning 1 game against them and acting like he's figured out the enigma code.

My two cents is that VVD isn't getting bullied, but he does hate defending last man. He drops off very quickly, which isn't a bad strategy as such, but he does allow attackers time to either get a shot away or make a pass to a runner by not getting too close. Nothing to do with this game, but I think he needs to be braver in the tackle.

StannyCFCJET
12-03-2020, 12:37 PM
Stanny out here winning 1 game against them and acting like he's figured out the enigma code.

My two cents is that VVD isn't getting bullied, but he does hate defending last man. He drops off very quickly, which isn't a bad strategy as such, but he does allow attackers time to either get a shot away or make a pass to a runner by not getting too close. Nothing to do with this game, but I think he needs to be braver in the tackle.

Cant get dribbled past if you drop off

pv4
12-03-2020, 01:21 PM
Cant get dribbled past if you drop off

I mean, to be fair, whatever he has been doing has helped his team prevent Sp*rs from winning the champions league so you can't say it isn't very successful.

StannyCFCJET
12-03-2020, 01:44 PM
I mean, to be fair, whatever he has been doing has helped his team prevent Sp*rs from winning the champions league so you can't say it isn't very successful.

I try not to think about that.

fozphantom
12-03-2020, 02:32 PM
How uncanny
'pool lose and 2 of the biggest haters are here all over it like flies to 'merde'
New comp: person with the most salty posts in another clubs thread gets a salt shaker as an avatar for the off season.

2-0 and they f****d it up. Robbos header coulda been Scouser folk law. Fk id larf if the whole comp gets shut down and Liverpool are still holders next season. Donald C*** has just set the precedent.

MFKS
12-03-2020, 04:08 PM
After the way that Klopp pissed and moaned about fixture congestion played Yoof teams and didn't front up to games can't say enough how much karma reigns supreme here

Now if only they suspend the EPL then we can all rejoice
If they hand the title to Liverpool even though they did not win it or if they make the comp void with no winner it be lulz all around

Bremsstrahlung
12-03-2020, 09:55 PM
Swings and roundabouts. It’s been a hell of a 24 months watching this team develop.
From no expectations to being disappointed at losing a league game, to losing a round of 16 champions league in extra time.

Shows the progress

Retro Jet
26-04-2020, 03:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7OvdosZA6c

Can't.write.this.shit :rof:
:brrr:

Skirt Boy
27-04-2020, 01:05 AM
It's a good thing the season has been canceled. Won't have to listen to these cunce gloat.

Frodo
28-04-2020, 11:13 AM
It's a good thing the season has been canceled. Won't have to listen to these cunce gloat.

But now we'll have to listen to them whine and make up excuses why they didn't win the league!

Skirt Boy
28-04-2020, 12:27 PM
But now we'll have to listen to them whine and make up excuses why they didn't win the league!

The dreadlocked weirdo has nothing.

Jetmaster
28-04-2020, 12:28 PM
Project Restart boys...

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52439018

Bremsstrahlung
06-05-2020, 07:37 PM
Hurry up and sign Werner ffs.

Retro Jet
08-05-2020, 06:33 PM
It was the 8th when we saw it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nylBVzpySQ

boz-monaut
22-05-2020, 09:14 AM
this article gives quite a good insight into Klopp

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/may/21/jurgen-klopp-liverpool-clothes-keys-to-coaching-team-talks-kick-it-out

worth a read

finzee
23-05-2020, 09:46 PM

Ignore this frustrated Arsholenal wanger. Bit of luck he'll get covid. No one will miss you.

finzee
23-05-2020, 09:47 PM

Coming from a wallet thief you have a nerve to show your troll face

Bremsstrahlung
28-05-2020, 02:58 PM
Reports that we have pulled out of race for Werner.
Damn.

boz-monaut
29-05-2020, 08:18 AM
so the season is back on

no home advantage, will lose every game, everyone will die

Bremsstrahlung
29-05-2020, 02:25 PM
Heard we are planning on choking to symbolise our unity with those suffering COVID19.

Retro Jet
21-06-2020, 06:12 PM
Julian at Ka-Fey is showing the game LIVE tomorrow. Limited to 28 but FIIK how he can fit that many in there with the current regs.
Must include some of his outside seating? Any-hoo..
You need to book via FB for it.

boz-monaut
22-06-2020, 08:20 AM
cant even beat Everton, wheels falling off, wont get 5 points, will probably all get the coronas

Bremsstrahlung
22-06-2020, 08:28 AM
Give the title to city already.

Retro Jet
22-06-2020, 11:10 AM
Every derby needs a c***.
Richarlison didn't disappoint.

Skirt Boy
22-06-2020, 03:19 PM
What a joke of a club.

Has to use Everton's old stadium because they can't afford a proper one.

Can't beat the only team in Liverpool that is worth anything.

ABSOLUTE JOKE.

finzee
22-06-2020, 10:07 PM
What a joke of a club.

Has to use Everton's old stadium because they can't afford a proper one.

Can't beat the only team in Liverpool that is worth anything.

ABSOLUTE JOKE.

You still stealing from your team mates? And a spurs douche to boot. hahahaha
doesnt get any better

Bremsstrahlung
23-06-2020, 07:31 AM

Bremsstrahlung
26-06-2020, 08:05 AM
Yasssssss!
We didn’t choke!
Earliest team to win the league.

boz-monaut
26-06-2020, 08:26 AM
Champions of England finally

a week off until the trophy gets handed over in front of City

I'm actually looking forward to seeing some of the young players pop up for the rest of the season, number 76, Williams looked good the other day

Retro Jet
26-06-2020, 09:36 AM
Liver Bird on the shirt,
6 Big Ears still gleaming,
30 years of hurt,
Never stopped us dreaming...

It's finally home!
You'll never walk alone.

:brrr:

Jetmaster
26-06-2020, 12:12 PM
Slight chance they may win last years EPL next month as well :rof:

redwah
26-06-2020, 04:06 PM
Haven’t stop smiling all day....others can say what they want, put whatever asterisks they want...still CHAMPIONS

goaliepersempre
26-06-2020, 04:40 PM
congrats

baldrick
26-06-2020, 08:12 PM
Haven’t stop smiling all day....others can say what they want, put whatever asterisks they want...still CHAMPIONS

Genuinely pleased for all our Liverpool supporting mates.

:yay:

StannyCFCJET
26-06-2020, 08:35 PM
Lampard has won more EPL titles for Liverpool then Stevie G. Scenes Nah in all seriousness LFC have been superb for a few seasons so it pains me to say that this PL title has been well deserved. Enjoy it

Jeterpool
26-06-2020, 09:51 PM
Pretty happy right now. A top way to end the week

boz-monaut
27-06-2020, 09:20 AM
I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens against City in the dead rubber

it's going to be an interesting game, two supremely talented teams at the peak of their powers playing for nothing in front of no one

furns
27-06-2020, 04:20 PM
I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens against City in the dead rubber

it's going to be an interesting game, two supremely talented teams at the peak of their powers playing for nothing in front of no one
what sort of psychological impact will having to give a guard of honor to a team that you only beat by a point last season and this season absolutely left you in their dust? Not to mention the relative age differences bewteen the squads and the fact most of our team is early to mid-20's and are tied down to long term deals while City are widely regarded as requiring a major rebuild across the board.
Will they present the trophy at the Etihad or wait until our next game at Anfield I wonder?

Bremsstrahlung
27-06-2020, 04:36 PM
Think Raheem should do the presentation

Frodo
28-06-2020, 05:24 PM
Think Raheem should do the presentation

He knows more about EPL title presentations than Liverpool players do, might be a good idea.

Frodo
28-06-2020, 05:40 PM
what sort of psychological impact will having to give a guard of honor to a team that you only beat by a point last season and this season absolutely left you in their dust? Not to mention the relative age differences bewteen the squads and the fact most of our team is early to mid-20's and are tied down to long term deals while City are widely regarded as requiring a major rebuild across the board.
Will they present the trophy at the Etihad or wait until our next game at Anfield I wonder?

You've won a single title compared to the City squad managing to go back-to-back... No matter how much the media is loving this title win right now (as i'm sure all of you blokes justifiably are of course), until you win at least another one they are still the better squad.

Liverpool squad has an average age of 27.5 compared to 27.1 for City. So not sure you can really use that one either. They NEED a new CB and maybe another forward to help an aging Aguero. They are linked with Koulibilaly and Havertz. 2 signings and they have fixed any small issues they have. Liverpool still need to find backup forwards who can contribute whenever Mane, Bobby and Mo are out. Origi wants to go and he was the only one of Mini-mo, Shaqiri and he who could perform at the required level when called upon this year. Both squads aren't perfect, although of course Liverpool's is better right now.

Congrats on the title win, enjoy the hell out of it, but don't get think you've won next year's already.

Bremsstrahlung
28-06-2020, 05:58 PM
until you win at least another one they are still the better squad.
Both squads aren't perfect, although of course Liverpool's is better right now.
Yehp.

finzee
28-06-2020, 08:03 PM
You've won a single title compared to the City squad managing to go back-to-back... No matter how much the media is loving this title win right now (as i'm sure all of you blokes justifiably are of course), until you win at least another one they are still the better squad.

Why do you have to be a jealous asshole? Just let them enjoy a win and forget about pissing contests.

How anyone can stand fwits like you is beyond sanity.

Frodo
28-06-2020, 08:31 PM
Yehp.

Hey, I'm not going to say that right now you guys aren't top dogs. Easy decision. Absolutely killed everyone this season. But you've still got more to do before you can be considered one of the greats IMO.

Frodo
28-06-2020, 08:33 PM
Why do you have to be a jealous asshole? Just let them enjoy a win and forget about pissing contests.

How anyone can stand fwits like you is beyond sanity.

I sit down to wee so I'm not sure how you can have a contest with that? But I'm always up for a new challenge. You name the time and place and I'll be there with a bladder full of Appletini's and a smile on my face.

boz-monaut
28-06-2020, 08:34 PM
where has anyone on here said that this current squad are "one of the greats"?

your "O" doesn't really matter to anyone so stop trolling

Frodo
28-06-2020, 08:58 PM
where has anyone on here said that this current squad are "one of the greats"?

your "O" doesn't really matter to anyone so stop trolling

Furns was clearly saying that this City must be hurting that this Liverpool side is much better than there's and could be for years to come. I was putting forward a counter argument that it isn't that far ahead, I don't see any problem with either view point and I don't think Furns would either.

The "one of the greats" comment is because this Pep lead City squad is considered one. Back to back titles is a hugely difficult thing to do. So if you want to be compared to them, you'll need to either go back to back yourself, or at least win another title with this squad.

If you can't handle a bit of critical thinking in this thread, don't read it. As for the troll insult, I can only assume that's in reference to my reply to old mate Finzee who seems to be a 12yr old child given his tendency to call people names every time someone doesn't say nice things about his team. Maybe don't follow in his footsteps, you're better than that.

Frodo
28-06-2020, 09:03 PM
If however the troll comment was about the Raheem reply, surely you and the rest of the Liverpool brigade can take a little bit of banter in reply to some obvious banter from Brem? You aren't that precious are you guys? I don't see any of the Arsenal kids getting worked up when someone comes in and stirs the pot on us? And we have Stanny and SB to deal with whenever we lose (well not every time now that it happens almost every other week, but most times.)

boz-monaut
28-06-2020, 09:05 PM
you raised the "one of the great" straw man, no one else - no one even raised City, other than to hint that beating a team of that class deserves kudos

there's critical thinking and trolling - you're lucky your first comment after Liverpool won was deleted and you weren't banned - there are many calls for it

StannyCFCJET
28-06-2020, 09:47 PM
If however the troll comment was about the Raheem reply, surely you and the rest of the Liverpool brigade can take a little bit of banter in reply to some obvious banter from Brem? You aren't that precious are you guys? I don't see any of the Arsenal kids getting worked up when someone comes in and stirs the pot on us? And we have Stanny and SB to deal with whenever we lose (well not every time now that it happens almost every other week, but most times.)

No one needs to trolls Arsenal fans, your club does enough of that for everyone

Frodo
28-06-2020, 09:51 PM
you raised the "one of the great" straw man, no one else - no one even raised City, other than to hint that beating a team of that class deserves kudos

there's critical thinking and trolling - you're lucky your first comment after Liverpool won was deleted and you weren't banned - there are many calls for it

Are you being serious?

Jetmaster
29-06-2020, 09:40 AM
God I miss the Member and plague...:popcorn:

Bremsstrahlung
29-06-2020, 06:14 PM
Are you being serious?

C'mon mate, first you bring stats and research into it with your whole "average" age business. *

THEN, you have the hide to tell us that one title doesn't make us as good as other teams like back to back city, or some team that went okay one season when they just drew a heap of games, won a couple and didn't lose league games, or even the other half of Manchester that's dominated the modern day Premier League. *

We are high on finally winning it, after so long, success of this calibre isn't something we are accustomed to. People are sharing some anecdotal thoughts, Frodo's bringing some FYI stats to the party and has an alternative opinion. And LFC fans are all just like "we just wanna have fun, don't be a downer".

If we can get some of these records - highest point tally etc, most rounds to to go with winning the league, it may be remembered as a great team. The same as the 100+ point city season is remembered. All special in their own way.

Nobody is claiming this is the best team ever. It's the best team we've had for a long time. And things did go our way at various stages of the year, but after years of disappointment, glad we finally got one.

Now, I've got some Luiz jerseys to buy my arsenal "friends". :popcorn:

*sarcasm tone FYI

StannyCFCJET
29-06-2020, 07:10 PM
Have you guys had any major injuries this season? Can't remember any

Bremsstrahlung
29-06-2020, 07:31 PM
As at January: games missed in all comps.

Alison missed 2.5 months - 11 games in all comps.
Fabinho missed 13 or so
matip out for 21
Keita out for 10
Lovren missed 9
Oxlade chamberlain missed 4
shaqiri unavailable for 15

And Clyne has been out all season as Right back cover.

StannyCFCJET
29-06-2020, 07:59 PM
Soo lucky none of your front 3 very lucky

Bremsstrahlung
29-06-2020, 08:03 PM
Large part of success is VVD, Henderson, TAA, Robertson, Salah, Firmino and mane staying fit.
We have a great starting 11. Not much potency on our bench most games

Jeterpool
29-06-2020, 09:19 PM
Soo lucky none of your front 3 very lucky

Very lucky.

Luck can often play an underrated factor

StannyCFCJET
29-06-2020, 09:37 PM
Very lucky.

Luck can often play an underrated factor

Agreed. We kinda had that luck in Conte's 1st season

Jeterpool
30-06-2020, 08:20 AM
Agreed. We kinda had that luck in Conte's 1st season

You need luck, but you also need the ability and Liverpool have that this season.

It should also be acknowledged that what Liverpool and City have done, being near perfect, over the last few years really isn't "normal". They're anomalies...probably!

City losing Laporte and Sane was massive. Van Dijk and Mane out of Liverpool, Hazard and Cahill from Chelsea's title team, Morgan and Mahrez from Leicester for the same period I don't think the margin is what it is.

However, it's nice the title has been confirmed after so many years - a feeling many fans on this forum can share when reflecting on the teams they follow. I feel quite satisfied as a fan, having started following them at quite a low point in their history.

StannyCFCJET
30-06-2020, 09:59 AM
You need luck, but you also need the ability and Liverpool have that this season.

It should also be acknowledged that what Liverpool and City have done, being near perfect, over the last few years really isn't "normal". They're anomalies...probably!

City losing Laporte and Sane was massive. Van Dijk and Mane out of Liverpool, Hazard and Cahill from Chelsea's title team, Morgan and Mahrez from Leicester for the same period I don't think the margin is what it is.

However, it's nice the title has been confirmed after so many years - a feeling many fans on this forum can share when reflecting on the teams they follow. I feel quite satisfied as a fan, having started following them at quite a low point in their history.

It's feeling we hope we can have soon as Jets fans

Bremsstrahlung
30-06-2020, 01:54 PM
However, it's nice the title has been confirmed can share when reflecting on the teams they follow. I feel quite satisfied as a fan, having started following them at quite a low point in their history.

Agree with this.
Liverpool supporters always cop flack about jumping on the bandwagon, but for 30 years there’s been no bandwagon to jump on. And if you did jump on the bandwagon when they were successful, it’s been a hell of a wait, if you still support them 30 years without winning, you’re no plastic.

Trick now is consistency. Consistently pushing for top would be nice. Would settle for being in the race.

It’ll be interesting to see how things progress with these “close to unbeaten” years.
Chelsea look to be spending some money. Man U look to be buying sensible again with Fernandes.
Arsenal have had an off year.

Liverpool will have a tough few years ahead when they have to decide when to let players go. Players that brought us our first title for ages. I feel like we are an emotional club. If we don’t find the right time to move players on, we will be in trouble.

Also, what happened to Jon Flanagan? Did he get injured and then never recovered well and was moved on?
And a bit of a “haven’t thought of them...”, any players that come to mind in the last 10 years or so that have left Liverpool and peaked at their new club.
Thinking along the lines of Torres we sold just after peak, Coutinho hasn’t lit the world on fire since us.
I’d argue maybe Suarez and sterling, moved to a bigger club, won more trophies and got better. But they were demanding to be sold basically.

Premy
30-06-2020, 02:30 PM
No rest, no time to settle.
We still need 2 more league title's to get back on top.

Retro Jet
02-07-2020, 12:07 PM
Have you guys had any major injuries this season? Can't remember any

Yes. (Tnx for the hard yards Brem)

If you look back at last season, I don't remember anyone having a sook about Joe Gomez's injury. We all felt it though.
Looking at some of those draws when Liverpool was ahead and other small percentages (Sane for 2-1 January 2019?)
I reckon with Gomez playing, there's more than 1 point earned on 'small percentages' over a fairly average injury-free season had he played.
And that's just 1 player.

Injuries are part of football and they can sting you with some players. Comes down to depth and the $$'s in the end.
Maybe even some good player and fitness management to avoid them in in the first place.

Jeterpool
02-07-2020, 02:49 PM
Yes. (Tnx for the hard yards Brem)

If you look back at last season, I don't remember anyone having a sook about Joe Gomez's injury. We all felt it though.
Looking at some of those draws when Liverpool was ahead and other small percentages (Sane for 2-1 January 2019?)
I reckon with Gomez playing, there's more than 1 point earned on 'small percentages' over a fairly average injury-free season had he played.
And that's just 1 player.

Injuries are part of football and they can sting you with some players. Comes down to depth and the $$'s in the end.
Maybe even some good player and fitness management to avoid them in in the first place.

Gomez is an interesting call, because despite the injury Matip stepped up massively in his absence and I think it could have been felt harder.

redwah
02-07-2020, 07:51 PM
End of the day Liverpool are champions of England, Europe and the world........who else can say that currently.

Jeterpool
02-07-2020, 08:01 PM
end of the day liverpool are champions of england, europe and the world........who else can say that currently.

covid-19?

Jeterpool
03-07-2020, 06:52 AM
City are hot tonight. That earlier Salah post strike and subsequent Mane miss seems pivotal

Bremsstrahlung
03-07-2020, 07:01 AM
City killing us.

Retro Jet
03-07-2020, 07:06 AM
Commentators curse :rof:

Bremsstrahlung
03-07-2020, 07:34 AM
Really not our night. Mane should be hitting that first time. Going down easy. Ffs at least sterling took a load of contact before he went down.

City playing with intent.
We look like we can’t be bothered. No other records this year guys, seasons done.

Retro Jet
03-07-2020, 07:40 AM
It's pre season now Brem....and we're still pissed!
Robbo definitely is.

Jeterpool
03-07-2020, 08:16 AM
That was city's 5th match, Liverpool's 3rd. It showed

boz-monaut
03-07-2020, 08:36 AM
only managed to watch the first half

luck played a part, hitting the post and then getting nothing for the handling out of the area

but City were dominant - the naff guard of honour probably riled them up

City nailed on to win the Champions league now

pv4
03-07-2020, 02:06 PM
That was city's 5th match, Liverpool's 3rd. It showed

There is no way to verify this but I am sure if the result was the same today but City had played 3, Liverpool* had played 5, the comment probably would have been along the lines of Liverpool* have been too overworked in a short period.

Jeterpool
03-07-2020, 03:03 PM
There is no way to verify this but I am sure if the result was the same today but City had played 3, Liverpool* had played 5, the comment probably would have been along the lines of Liverpool* have been too overworked in a short period.

No. it wouldn't.

They were beaten by a better team. Many above have said that.

Bon
07-07-2020, 09:47 AM

You just get back to the Arsenal thread, buddy..
Mr Baggins needs some comforting after SB's boys got a win this morning..

Bremsstrahlung
12-07-2020, 08:45 AM
Nick Pope.

Frodo
14-07-2020, 08:35 PM
Nick Pope.

Please put the rest of our fanbase out of its misery this week and absolutely thump us. No more silly aspirations of European football next year, no more hopes of FA cup final win, force the board to gut the squad and start again. We need it long term.

Please, Luiz will be in the backline. Just give us the ball and wait for us to pass it to you right in front of goal ready to put it in the back of the net.

K Thanks.

Bremsstrahlung
14-07-2020, 09:03 PM
Please put the rest of our fanbase out of its misery this week and absolutely thump us. No more silly aspirations of European football next year, no more hopes of FA cup final win, force the board to gut the squad and start again. We need it long term.

Please, Luiz will be in the backline. Just give us the ball and wait for us to pass it to you right in front of goal ready to put it in the back of the net.

K Thanks.

Ffs.
You’ve pissed off the Gods now. We are still a chance of the highest points total.
Enjoy your 90th minute winner.

Frodo
14-07-2020, 09:21 PM
Ffs.
You’ve pissed off the Gods now. We are still a chance of the highest points total.
Enjoy your 90th minute winner.

Nah, we don't score late winners. We score early and then give up games. We've dropped 21 points from winning positions this year. We are basically a charity at this point for tax purposes.

The best stat I found is that since Arteta arrived we've only won 1 game when an opponent has scored. (W1, D5, L5). So if you guys score (very likely) we almost certainly won't win.

Just make sure it's a heavy loss and I'll be happy.

Bon
15-07-2020, 09:43 AM
Thanks for the curse, Mr Baggins..

Frodo
15-07-2020, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the curse, Mr Baggins..

I just realised that any result other than a draw could be a positive for me. Good times.

Bremsstrahlung
16-07-2020, 10:34 AM
Thanks Frodo.
:ban:

Frodo
16-07-2020, 12:31 PM
Thanks Frodo.
:ban:

I have no words. I don't know how that all happened the way it did.

boz-monaut
16-07-2020, 02:12 PM
wheels are falling off, Liverpool to lose every game next season, relegation and death inevitable etc etc

boz-monaut
23-07-2020, 10:22 PM
looking through all the trophy celebration videos is brilliant obviously but it's worth looking back on this - Klopp's first press conference as Liverpool manager

"I don't want to say we have to wait the next twenty years and when I am sit here again and I know when I am sit here in four years, I know we have one title in this time, I am pretty sure"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az3ATsjCHpY

skip to 22:30 or so

Bremsstrahlung
24-07-2020, 10:38 AM
Love Klopp. Remember watching Dortmund and always noticed the crazy coach celebrating more than players with each goal. Was great to watch that team he assembled.

Best thing to happen to Liverpool for some time.

Some things I loved about the game/ celebrations.
1. Klopp celebrating Firminos goal at Anfield to break the drought. He was genuinely so pleased for him.
2. His outfit at the ceremony.
3. Klopp celebrating his coaching staff, then encouraging them to all cheer each of the non-medal players to make that moment special. Fast forward 10 minutes when you’ve got Wijnaldum and Mane taking their videos and whatever more worried about that, Klopp is still in the corner cheering and celebrating each player.
4. When everyone’s having a go lifting the trophy, VVD pushes through the crowd to find Klopp and has to drag him to the trophy

He is very selfless and focussed on player well being and I think that ceremony embodies how much the players respond to him and respect him. It’ll be a sad day when he leaves. There’s not many like him.

StannyCFCJET
24-07-2020, 02:22 PM
Why was your coaching bench carrying on and laughing during the free kick. Bad sportsmen ship. Glad Frank told them where to go

Bon
24-07-2020, 03:25 PM
Why was your coaching bench carrying on and laughing during the free kick. Bad sportsmen ship. Glad Frank told them where to go

I think you will find, that it was Frank p!ssing and moaning that it wasn't a free kick.. Was told to sit down, then he arced up..
He played it down as nothing after the game.
(Or at least, thats the report I've read about the "incident")

StannyCFCJET
24-07-2020, 03:37 PM
I think you will find, that it was Frank p!ssing and moaning that it wasn't a free kick.. Was told to sit down, then he arced up..
He played it down as nothing after the game.
(Or at least, thats the report I've read about the "incident")

It wasn't a free kick though. Frank even said it was poor form from whoever was carrying on

Bon
24-07-2020, 04:01 PM
It wasn't a free kick though. Frank even said it was poor form from whoever was carrying on

Well, if Frank said it.....

Anyway, its done now. Lets focus our anger and hatred towards the gypos tonight.

Bremsstrahlung
24-07-2020, 04:03 PM

C’mon Stanny, took me a google search and 4 articles the answer that question.

Lampard was pissed about the free kick. (Which you kind of agreed that it’s a foul now, in the Chelsea thread). Lampard made some comments to the Liverpool bench regarding the incident. Assistant coach and Lampard exchanged words.

Liverpool score with a great free kick. Klopp smiles because he just saw a great free kick, bench celebrate. Klopp asked the bench to stop celebrating.

Seems like normal football incident to me. Don’t need to claim it’s bad sportsmanship or disrespectful.

Lampards comments were made immediately after the game Both coaches played down the incident after the game.
Even the commentators agreed that “when Lampard sees the replays, I think he’ll understand why that was given” “live, I thought it was a fair tackle, and I thought it was very harsh, however these replays clearly show contact with the player, yes he gets the ball, but also the player”.

Frodo
24-07-2020, 04:12 PM
Jeez Stanny, just got to take your L, lmao. Not everyone is good enough to beat Liverpool post Covid. I mean, has anyone beaten them since we came back on the 6th July (post Covid break friendlies don't count)? I can't even remember...

Frodo
24-07-2020, 04:16 PM
More importantly..

What was with the sunnies during the celebration? I was about to turn the stream off and Bon told me to check them out. I know Arsenal have some questionable styles on display sometimes on the gram, so not throwing stones in glass houses, but those shades in dark stadium were a bit funny weren't they?

Made more sense during the quality fireworks display happening across the street during the game. That was fairly impressive to be honest.

StannyCFCJET
24-07-2020, 04:25 PM
Well, if Frank said it.....

Anyway, its done now. Lets focus our anger and hatred towards the gypos tonight.
**** the gypos agreed

Jeterpool
24-07-2020, 05:12 PM
More importantly..

What was with the sunnies during the celebration?

Would have preferred White Suits.

Jetmaster
26-07-2020, 11:00 PM
Now if the Scouse lose to Toon tonight they finish on 96 points....just saying.

Retro Jet
26-07-2020, 11:35 PM
Nailed on loss then.
Nike have the shirts all ready to go...

Think it's watching from HT for me. Hope to get a rond up of the other games scores.
Do the poms do a conference broadcast for instances like this? I know the Bundesliga does it when there's concurrent games.

Bremsstrahlung
28-07-2020, 07:29 AM
Lovren to Zenit.
Lallana to Brighton.

Both played their part over the seasons.
Question will be, what’re we looking to do?

Probably a LB/CB, midfielder and quality forward short imo.
We were incredibly lucky this season injury wise. VVD played every EPL game. We didn’t miss Salah, Mane or
Firmino for any extended period of time. With lack of a decent preseason to get Minamo up to scratch, idk if we are well stocked for a defence and challenging in UCL.

Problem is the market, not many class players available on the cheap. And it’s hard to find a spot in out best 11. Essentially paying a first team star player to become a first string rotation player
I’ll be spewing if Werner scores more than 15 goals.

Jeterpool
28-07-2020, 08:14 AM
I see Curtis Jones as a replacement for Lallana. Marko Grujic is also still to come back too.

Lovren - yes, Liverpool need to get a replacement for him in the squad.

Retro Jet
20-08-2020, 11:48 PM
Leeds first up at Anfield.
Should be a corker!

https://preml.ge/fixtures

Bremsstrahlung
27-08-2020, 08:20 AM
Barcelona really changing things up and could be the end of the end. Or a new beginning at best.

Suarez out.
Messi out.

Bremsstrahlung
27-08-2020, 01:51 PM
Oops thought this was UCL thread.

Bremsstrahlung
02-09-2020, 02:14 PM
Hopefully we can sell Wijnaldum for a fee instead of letting him go at seasons end.
Use that $$$ to fund Thiago or Sarr.

Also there’s not way Wolverhampton are selling Traore for the reported 40M.

StannyCFCJET
11-09-2020, 12:24 PM
Is Klopp actually that deluded or is he just reading a script from your owners?

Jeterpool
11-09-2020, 02:08 PM
Is Klopp actually that deluded or is he just reading a script from your owners?

Probably still drunk.

But if it's about the comments of how they can't behave like Chelsea...so what?

I haven't listened to the interview to understand the comments in full. I see it has been picked apart with snippets on the BBC website. Does it have the question he was asked? Did the journalist ask about Chelsea specifically?

They got a headline at least.

Jetmaster
11-09-2020, 03:11 PM
Can't see what the problem is - what rule says a club has to buy players?

Consensus from BBC comments agrees with Klopp.

StannyCFCJET
11-09-2020, 03:51 PM
Probably still drunk.

But if it's about the comments of how they can't behave like Chelsea...so what?

I haven't listened to the interview to understand the comments in full. I see it has been picked apart with snippets on the BBC website. Does it have the question he was asked? Did the journalist ask about Chelsea specifically?

They got a headline at least.

He acts like Liverpool do things differently to other clubs and can't spend like we do when last I checked we've sold to buy just like he did with VVD and Alison and also they spent money on guys like Mane Firmino Salah etc.

Liverpool bought good players for big money to help them win stuff just like everyone else.

Jeterpool
11-09-2020, 04:24 PM
He acts like Liverpool do things differently to other clubs and can't spend like we do when last I checked we've sold to buy just like he did with VVD and Alison and also they spent money on guys like Mane Firmino Salah etc.

Liverpool bought good players for big money to help them win stuff just like everyone else.

Maybe he does. Helps the narrative. And yeah they have spent money.

Still struggling to see what the issue is.

Bremsstrahlung
11-09-2020, 04:34 PM
Haha I’m assuming he’s just defending why we can’t afford to splash cash this transfer period.

You taunt how you’re back to “ruining football” by spending big, but klopp says it and it’s an insult?

You can’t deny City and Chelsea’s spending sprees over the years aren’t a result of their owner. We have spent big, but we also have Suarez and Coutinho money for help boost funds.
As I said, I think he’s just saying our owners can’t afford to spend big atm where other owners can.

sapdad
11-09-2020, 04:41 PM
He acts like Liverpool do things differently to other clubs

they do.them spurs and arsenal do it one way.city and chelsea do it another.neither is right or wrong.get on twitter and follow @swissramble to explain it in exhausting detail.of course klopp is having a snipe at chelsea but there is truth in his statement.that doesnt make chelseas way wrong, but it is different.

Bremsstrahlung
13-09-2020, 12:12 PM
Good start to the season with an exciting game.
Think we were the better team and deserved the points. But Leeds did well, look very dangerous on the attack. Seemed like that were playing 4-1-5. Might be very surprising if they can get some match fitness behind their formation.

Errors at the back lead to 2 goals. Gomez and AA tangling with eachother for the first (but some run and finish, beat 4 players), VVD with the poor clearance for the second.

Both pens pretty clear cut. VVD with a corner header and Salah with a pigeon hole strike.

We looked shakey. Hopefully a few cobwebs done and we can get some points from Lampard and arsenal in the coming weeks.

Retro Jet
20-09-2020, 09:21 PM
Anyone getting up at stoopid O'Clock...or staying up tonight?

Bremsstrahlung
21-09-2020, 06:56 AM
Just watched the replay, 1:30 does not work well for me, but waking up at 4:30 to watch the replay and skipping the stoppages does.

First goal was beautiful. Great example of this front 3.

If Lampard had 200M to spend and didn’t think about replacing Kepa, then they deserve those howlers.
“Hi Roman, so uh, I need a bit more money, I mean, you saw it right?”
“I thought our plan was to just out score everyone”

Werner will cause a lot of teams trouble. If he gets a bit fitter to make more impact in second half against tired legs.

The red was a Turning point.
I don’t think Christensen needs to make contact, he just needs to let mane try and get there before Kepa (and let Kepa get the red and miss a game) and follow through and get the presumed heavy touch off mane. I’m not sure he would’ve scored tbh, but it was an opportunity nonetheless.

Was a 60/40 for mine.

StannyCFCJET
21-09-2020, 07:53 PM
Just watched the replay, 1:30 does not work well for me, but waking up at 4:30 to watch the replay and skipping the stoppages does.

First goal was beautiful. Great example of this front 3.

If Lampard had 200M to spend and didn’t think about replacing Kepa, then they deserve those howlers.
“Hi Roman, so uh, I need a bit more money, I mean, you saw it right?”
“I thought our plan was to just out score everyone”

Werner will cause a lot of teams trouble. If he gets a bit fitter to make more impact in second half against tired legs.

The red was a Turning point.
I don’t think Christensen needs to make contact, he just needs to let mane try and get there before Kepa (and let Kepa get the red and miss a game) and follow through and get the presumed heavy touch off mane. I’m not sure he would’ve scored tbh, but it was an opportunity nonetheless.

Was a 60/40 for mine.

Lamps got a lot wrong and you were the better team but we have signed a new keeper. Mendy from the French league. Agree on Werner. He will get 20+ goals easy IMO

Bremsstrahlung
29-09-2020, 06:30 AM
Ffs.
Talk about gifting a goal.
Dangerous break was slowed and controlled. VVD doesn’t make a play, Robertson has no idea what he’s doing with it, pops straight to an offside lacazatte who Can’t believe his luck so much so he fails to make any meaningful contact and it is struck into the ground, Alison expects a full force shot and dives, just in time to see the shank hit the turf and bounce in slow motion over his head.
Can’t make that shit up.

Hope our defence is trying to get all the rubbish out of the way early in the season.

Bremsstrahlung
29-09-2020, 06:33 AM
Nevermind, we even now. Tap in.

cobra23
29-09-2020, 11:20 AM
deserved winners for the Champs
however Arsenal are playing decent football this year,, but scary thing Liverpool were in 2nd gear

Alan
29-09-2020, 02:17 PM
Arsenal are playing decent football this year,, but scary thing Liverpool were in 2nd gear

I'm a Gunner cobra but I have to respectfully disagree with this - we played well against a very very poor Fulham, West Ham probably felt they should have won, and Liverpool strolled it. You can for sure see Arteta placing his stamp on the team, but my heart remains in mouth every time I see us play out from the back.

I believe in Arteta and think this squad has quality but I am not fooled by the six points. Squad depth is not there and with players like Xhaka in midfield we just don't compare with our rivals.

Bremsstrahlung
29-09-2020, 05:57 PM
Have to agree with Alan.
Teams playing out from the back needs to be a tactic not a necessity. Especially against a team that is renowned for their press now. Playing with fire.

Few balls in behind looked dangerous, but generally speaking, don’t think we were threatened too much.
Willian had a poor game and could’ve been dangerous. Ceballos caused a few headaches.

I’d be pissed If Everton are above you at the end of this season.
They look pretty good this year. When you see teams improve like that, it makes you question what’s going on and why haven’t you improved.

Still early days.

baldrick
05-10-2020, 08:38 AM
Morning !

Bremsstrahlung
05-10-2020, 09:11 AM
Morning

Jeterpool
05-10-2020, 10:10 PM
Villa were superb this morning.

Retro Jet
06-10-2020, 11:49 AM
Didn't someone once sing in a certain catastrophe film: "There's got to be a morning after..."? :rof:
Here is it. The sky hasn't fallen but I would dearly love a few 'skydrops' to fall on Athfield...and every other football field suffering atm.

That 'catastrophy' falls at an interesting time with the International break now.
Klopp said he effectively only has 2 days to work on things when everybody is back. :blink:
At first glance I suspected the Alisson shoulder injury might have been to avoid trips to São Paulo and Lima.
Seems to be quite serious. On that, how the hell are players flying around the world and back in this climate?
Must be costing a bomb to someone in the football food chain.

I saw a stat this morning that Adrian has been responsible 5 goals from errors in 21 games compared to Alisson, who's return for goal stuff ups is 5 in 92.
Big call but would Karius be a better 2nd keeper option? Probably now way of getting him back from Union now if needed.
The discussion around Adrian doesn't seem to centre around his initial 4th minute mistake but more so the confidence of the 4 - 6 players in front of him.
I thought he was a good 2nd option keeper for the games he played after Alisson did his calf in the Norwich game last season.
I think that Atletico game has done something to his confidence.

I hope Hendo features when we come back. I'll be following England and Southgate's selections with interest.

Retro Jet
06-10-2020, 11:50 AM
Villa were superb this morning.

And ditto that.

redwah
10-10-2020, 09:41 AM
So... if we go on to win 34 more prem games this season is the Villa result anything? Personally I think it’s he kick in the pants they may have needed to remind them that they are last season’s champions.

StannyCFCJET
10-10-2020, 10:43 AM
Klopp did say you do things differently. Probably didn't mean that differently

Bremsstrahlung
10-10-2020, 12:34 PM
Don’t think the odd bad result is anything of concern. Dropped points are bound to occur in any “normal” season.
They had a bit of luck with deflections, Adrian had money on villa to supplement is contract.
Most concerning is our defence hasn’t looked as solid as it was previously. Hopefully just another anomaly in this Covid era haha.

Henderson will make a big difference imo. Need his leadership on field. Has been one of our best since Gerard.
Was reading somewhere our win % with him was like 80% down to 50% when not playing. Not sure if that was last 1,2,5 years or what. But it proves my point so I’m not gonna investigate.

Such trash they have so many international breaks. Just as you get into it, bam, break.

redwah
18-10-2020, 03:49 PM
Who the **** moved the VAR across Stanley park?

Bremsstrahlung
18-10-2020, 05:43 PM
Feel for VVD.
Hope he has a speedy recovery if it is indeed his ACL.

baldrick
18-10-2020, 08:58 PM

Was a mile offside

Retro Jet
18-10-2020, 09:53 PM

Was a mile offside

eVARton v Liverpool - The crown has officially shifted.

I bet every manager in the EPL is looking at that decision and saying a big WTF? That could happen to me/us.
FARK.IT.ORF!
Just stick to goal-line technology but hey, don't ask for a vote from Sheffield :rof:
Interestingly, Michael Oliver was in charge for that fk up too...

Retro Jet
18-10-2020, 09:57 PM
Feel for VVD.
Hope he has a speedy recovery if it is indeed his ACL.

Left hospital on crutches.
Early reports are ACL...ffs
https://talksport.com/football/775363/virgil-van-dijk-injury-seven-eight-months-acl-liverpool-everton/

I watched it when they did a slo-mo and cringed seeing that straight knee hyperextended in the collision.

Bremsstrahlung
19-10-2020, 07:31 AM
eVARton v Liverpool - The crown has officially shifted.

I bet every manager in the EPL is looking at that decision and saying a big WTF? That could happen to me/us.
FARK.IT.ORF!
Just stick to goal-line technology but hey, don't ask for a vote from Sheffield :rof:
Interestingly, Michael Oliver was in charge for that fk up too...

There’s been a few “marginal” offsides very similar to ours if I recall correctly.

Apparently Liverpool challenging the frame they froze on. In addition to which part was considered. Not sure the rules regarding which body parts can count, I thought it was anything, but I’ve been reading theories that it’s a “goal scoring part” of the body.
The frame is interesting, all the stills I’ve seen, don’t show the ball in the frame.
Still.
What a buzz kill. Liverpool captain scores winner against Everton away from home in stoppage time. What a moment.

Jeterpool
19-10-2020, 08:32 AM
Left hospital on crutches.
Early reports are ACL...ffs
https://talksport.com/football/775363/virgil-van-dijk-injury-seven-eight-months-acl-liverpool-everton/

I watched it when they did a slo-mo and cringed seeing that straight knee hyperextended in the collision.

Eerie comparisons to City's title defense when they lost Aymeric Laporte last season.

What will Liverpool do to respond? Matip and Gomez? Matip and Fabinho? Gomez and Fabinho?

Retro Jet
19-10-2020, 12:29 PM
Eerie comparisons to City's title defense when they lost Aymeric Laporte last season.

What will Liverpool do to respond? Matip and Gomez? Matip and Fabinho? Gomez and Fabinho?

Not that he'll be immediately considered but I don't think Nat Phillips is going anywhere in a hurry now.

I think it's Matip and Gomez for the foreseeable future. I thought Fab went OK at CB against Chelsea (https://www.premierleague.com/match/58908).

Anyone else heard reports Alisson is back training?

Frodo
19-10-2020, 01:35 PM
Not that he'll be immediately considered but I don't think Nat Phillips is going anywhere in a hurry now.

I think it's Matip and Gomez for the foreseeable future. I thought Fab went OK at CB against Chelsea (https://www.premierleague.com/match/58908).

Anyone else heard reports Alisson is back training?

I heard he was back at training as of this week, but not ready to play until later this month. I think Thiago is all good, or at least not seriously injured as well. That's some good news on those two at least.

Jeterpool
19-10-2020, 02:07 PM
I heard he was back at training as of this week, but not ready to play until later this month. I think Thiago is all good, or at least not seriously injured as well. That's some good news on those two at least.

I agree - that is good news.

Alisson has been heavily missed. I hope he is back soon. The two big voices and leaders are now missing from the back. It puts a serious dent into Liverpool's title bid.

I expect others are feeling somewhat uplifted in van Dijk's absence as I did when Laporte was ruled out.

Bremsstrahlung
19-10-2020, 06:15 PM
100%.
Alison is sorely missed. Copped some bad deflections the other week, but still feel like he is very poor. Mentally must be a hell of a lot tougher than Karius. Bloke looks like Kahn or Smeichel snr in comparison.
Karius at least looked fantastic doing it.

VVD will be massive. Curious to see what we do in January? (Is it still January?)
Upamecano, koulibaly options.
Or do we give Gomez and Matip a go at holding down the starts and blood Williams, philips or chuck Fabinho in there as a stopgap.

Henderson, Fabinho, thiago, wijnaldum with Milner and Jones as support.

Supplies quickly dwindle when you get a few injuries that’s for sure.

Bremsstrahlung
19-10-2020, 06:18 PM
Also, the neutral EPL fan is seeing this year as a great challenge so far.
Not the Man City v Liverpool of late.
Good to see some competitive unpredictable games.

Now, back to winning thanks guys.

I’d be interested to see our results since atletico loss.

Edit:
Atletico - L 1-0
West Ham W 3-2
Watford. L 3-0
Chelsea FA L 2-0
Bournemouth W 2-1
Atletico L. 3-2
Everton D. 0-0
Crystal P. W. 4-0
Man City L 4-0
Villa W 2-0
Brighton W 3-1
Burnley D 1-1
Arsenal L 2-1
Chelsea W 5-3
Newcastle W. 3-1

Leeds W 4-3
Chelsea W 2-0
Arsenal. W 3-1
Villa L 7-2
Everton D. 2-2

7 losses, 3 draws, 10 wins in last 20-25 games)

EFL Cup loss, and community shield not included.

Bremsstrahlung
21-10-2020, 08:42 AM
Wtf is going on with all these reports about Liverpool and Man United trying to takeover the world?
First it was EPL changes, now this European Premier League.

Is somebody letting that premier league title go to their head?

Jetmaster
21-10-2020, 10:00 AM
Would love the Big 4-6 to piss off to a Euro League. Let the rest of us get on with enjoying English football again and bring the old First Division back. Similar posturings resulted in the Champions league as a compromise back in the day.

If your team beats Man U these days its all about Man U and what is wrong with them with very little kudos for the "little" club that beat them.

And....it will be easier to get tickets. Bring it on.

Oh, and take VAR with you.

furns
23-10-2020, 09:05 AM
It's rubbish. It comes up every few years when the CL rights are due for re-negotiation.
Nothing to see here.

Retro Jet
24-10-2020, 07:23 PM
Anyone else in the 'Fab is fab @ CB' camp?
Think I heard a stat from 6 starts at CB he's got 4 clean sheets.
He's big enough to play the role.

Retro Jet
25-10-2020, 07:17 AM
Sorry chumps but after that pen decision, time to nuke Stockley Pk. It's officially an abortion.