PDA

View Full Version : L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15]

Retro Jet
25-07-2022, 02:01 AM
Hello Kopites.
Time to Meme out season 2021/22.
This is the last 'When I'm Liverpool' from MSZ/MS2.
It's a long one and a lot of effort has gone into this.

Nice odes and nods to Big Div throughout.

Only 2 x Kolo Toure's to find.
Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svZRrKoCmHc&t=3s

Bremsstrahlung
07-08-2022, 08:49 AM
Poor start.
Fulham did their homework, came at us from the beginning and really put us under pressure.
Thought TAA, VVD, Robertson, Thiago and Firmino all had their worst game for a long time on the same night.

Persistence with the long diagonal ball was not working. I’d love to see the success rate from that particular tactic. Was short and cut off more often than not.
Probably lucky to escape with a draw.

Nunez. I know he got his goal, but similar to Odergaard yesterday, you get the Ball on the edge of 6yd, with time to shoot, you pull the trigger, you don’t try sneaky pass to the back stick guy. Apart from that, I really enjoyed the “different” option he gives up front. He comes across almost as a bit of a target man. But I know he was kind of anything but last season. Interested to see how that develops.

Salah coming on at half time was a nice spark………yes, I know.

Thought Diaz was very unlucky. Bloke is so sharp and can create space for a shot very quickly. He’s gonna score a bundle this season.

VVD. Didn’t think he did as badly as everyone is making out. Not his usual standard but still pretty solid. He took a little nibble and Mitrovic reeled him and the ref in. I thought there was maybe one replay that looked like VVD may have caught his foot when it landed after the nibble. Apart from that, didn’t think the other angles showed any contact. I’m yet to do some googling for the inevitable replays but I don’t think VAR had conclusive evidence to award a penalty if it wasn’t given. But don’t think there was conclusive evidence it wasn’t a pen, so I can understand.

Bremsstrahlung
16-08-2022, 07:22 AM
It’s been a while since we’ve had an Uruguayan with anger issues and a brain snap. Silly silly.

MFKS
23-08-2022, 10:49 AM
May need to start dropping some players or sacking the Manager

Fancy getting beaten by the rabble of shite who get pumped by Brentford 4-0 and fancy being behind them on the EPL table as we speak

That first goal. Can someone explain why that defender for Liverpool has the ball played in behind him and then proceeds to turn around and walk whilst the ball is being moved about in the box before Sancho pulls the trigger.

Who does this guy think he is Harry Maguire or something???

Watching it I was more less interested in the goal / attack than the clown in fluro orange boots thinking it is ok to walk back without a care in the world at defending

Looks like a relegation scrap may be in the offering for both Merseyside clubs

Jetmaster
23-08-2022, 12:24 PM
Looks like a relegation scrap may be in the offering for both Merseyside clubs

That won't happen - Liverpool will be forever second (they will sort themselves out but like last season maybe too late). Man Utd will still implode once Ronaldo gets the poops.

Already this season is getting tiresome - day in day out, same old same old. Cream will rise to the top - fish poo will float to the bottom.

Thank god for Youtube....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P526fVoi6-A

MFKS
23-08-2022, 03:16 PM
That won't happen - Liverpool will be forever second (they will sort themselves out but like last season maybe too late). Man Utd will still implode once Ronaldo gets the poops.

Already this season is getting tiresome - day in day out, same old same old. Cream will rise to the top - fish poo will float to the bottom.

Thank god for Youtube....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P526fVoi6-A

Yeah it is a good thing YouTube exists as it will be able to offer up a sample of when the Scousers last won a game because people's memories don't go that far back

2nd ??

You got to win games to get there.

Fulham away Palace home ManUtd away

No wins and you couldn't have asked for a softer start

To think City dropped points at the weekend and you didn't close the gap but instead extended their gap on you

Bremsstrahlung
23-08-2022, 04:07 PM
Boring.

Jetmaster
24-08-2022, 10:08 AM
To think City dropped points at the weekend and you didn't close the gap but instead extended their gap on you

Membah - I am no Pool fan - I support one of the real clubs not in the Sky 6 who usually get 15 secs mention on the Weekend Review shows. I am speaking as a neutral who has watched for 45 years.

It is getting monotonous and WWE like. The VAR for instance is only there to provide TV talking points.

terry
26-08-2022, 09:20 PM

yep yawn. Therell be 1 surprise packet edging 4th. congrats city

Retro Jet
01-09-2022, 08:15 AM
Thanks Nick...

Retro Jet
03-09-2022, 03:10 PM
Stranger Danger warning...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5pft_SmVk8

Tonight
OLSC Newcastle @ Newy Hotel, Maitland Rd.
from 8:30pm

StannyCFCJET
08-09-2022, 10:53 AM
Whose next on the list for Liverpool? This will be Klopp's last season if he even lasts that long

cobra23
08-09-2022, 12:10 PM
Whose next on the list for Liverpool? This will be Klopp's last season if he even lasts that long

Dont try and swing the circus from your shit club to ours.. Maybe answer your own question

MFKS
08-09-2022, 12:31 PM
Dont try and swing the circus from your shit club to ours.. Maybe answer your own question

Chelsea lost by 1 goal in the UCL and sacked their manager

Liverpool were down 3-0 at HT and it should have been 4 if the 2nd penalty wasn't missed. It could have been 5 if VVD hadn't cleared off the line. It could have been 6 if Omisahen hadn't hit the post after rounding Allison

Watching the 3 minute highlights of this game it was surprising they had time for the 2nd half because all I seem was the Liverpool getting carved apart again and again and again

Bremsstrahlung
08-09-2022, 12:33 PM
:popcorn:

StannyCFCJET
08-09-2022, 12:38 PM

I did in the Chelsea thread but Klopp is also taking you backwards as Tuchel was sadly taking us. Our board was proactive lets see if yours is

boz-monaut
08-09-2022, 01:08 PM
sack Klopp, shoot the players, sell the club to a corrupt nation state looking to improve its image

Buddha
08-09-2022, 05:43 PM
You guys can take Gerrard off us if you like.

fozphantom
09-09-2022, 09:47 PM
Yeah. On this one I'll quote the inimitable Vincenzo Grella:

"F**k, no one died"

Premy
10-09-2022, 10:14 PM
I did in the Chelsea thread but Klopp is also taking you backwards as Tuchel was sadly taking us. Our board was proactive lets see if yours is
Proactive would have been getting a new Manager after last season finished and allowing said new Manager to settle into their role with a pre-season.
Reactive is sacking a Manager 1/6 of the way into a season because the Board didn't like a few headlines in the Daily Mail.

Proactive and Reactive are 2 completely different words, however if you want to lie to yourself to make you feel a little better as this time go ahead.

StannyCFCJET
10-09-2022, 10:41 PM
Proactive would have been getting a new Manager after last season finished and allowing said new Manager to settle into their role with a pre-season.
Reactive is sacking a Manager 1/6 of the way into a season because the Board didn't like a few headlines in the Daily Mail.

Proactive and Reactive are 2 completely different words, however if you want to lie to yourself to make you feel a little better as this time go ahead.

We wanted Tuchel long term and to build something long term with him but stuff behind the scenes made that not possible, Tuchel seemed to focus on the short term which doesnt suit the new Board's planning

Frodo
11-09-2022, 01:45 AM
We wanted Tuchel long term and to build something long term with him but stuff behind the scenes made that not possible, Tuchel seemed to focus on the short term which doesnt suit the new Board's planning

Boehly and his mate sat down to offer their vision to Tuchel, they presented him with a 4-4-3 formation (12 players if you missed it) and Ronaldo leading the line. Tuchel said he didn't need to chance formations to fix their defensive issues and Ronaldo would unsettle the squad even more. They thought Tuchel was very rude for not listening to the opinions of two business men who don't know shit about football and sacked him within a week.

Chelsea are always going to be Chelsea, Potter will be financially sorted after his payout next season, and will hopefully go back to Brighton without ever needing to chase the money ever again.

plague
11-09-2022, 07:57 AM
Another title or 2 up north and the cries for Big Ange to Liverpool might be too loud to ignore.

Nunez is a dud and Klopps lack of plan B is being exposed way too often. Boards love Big Ange because he'll be relatively cheap, he'll buy into that YNWA bullshit and can build a squad on 1/4 of the spend.

Should have taken the Salah money when it was on offer. Letting Mane walk was his downfall.

Cant wait for the Craig Foster thinkpiece somehow making this all about himself and gypo Arnie.

**** Craig Foster.

Also, Stanny talking about a bunch of Americans having a long term plan.....by immediately poaching the hot young thing. Potter gonna pull their pants down, take the cash and get back to a club that understands him. Good on him having the gumption to put up with the Chelsea nonsense long enough to get the bank managers mobile number.

Cant wait til some dickhead advisor talks the yanks into appointing Big Sam or Roy Hodgson 3 days after Chealsea sack Potter for having the audacity to win them a trophy.

Also, Big Liz dropping off the perch has put my multis in a pickle. She really should have done all this on a cup weekend. Bit selfish if you ask me.

Cheers,
plague.

StannyCFCJET
11-09-2022, 09:14 AM
Boehly and his mate sat down to offer their vision to Tuchel, they presented him with a 4-4-3 formation (12 players if you missed it) and Ronaldo leading the line. Tuchel said he didn't need to chance formations to fix their defensive issues and Ronaldo would unsettle the squad even more. They thought Tuchel was very rude for not listening to the opinions of two business men who don't know shit about football and sacked him within a week.

Chelsea are always going to be Chelsea, Potter will be financially sorted after his payout next season, and will hopefully go back to Brighton without ever needing to chase the money ever again.

It's way more then that.

MFKS
12-09-2022, 11:59 PM
It's way more then that.

Can you ****s take this to the Chelsea thread

If it doesn't involve LiVARpool or biased refereeing in favour of LiVARpool it shouldn't be in this thread

cobra23
13-09-2022, 01:10 PM
Can you ****s take this to the Chelsea thread

If it doesn't involve LiVARpool or biased refereeing in favour of LiVARpool it shouldn't be in this thread

I liked you once Member..:sigh:

Bremsstrahlung
13-09-2022, 10:41 PM
I liked you once Member..:sigh:

Attempted this trolling a bunch lately. Not getting the bites he wants. Will probably count this as a bite though…

Bon
14-09-2022, 09:25 AM
Attempted this trolling a bunch lately. Not getting the bites he wants. Will probably count this as a bite though…

Probably too busy defending the unborn chemical-reactions of the world...

Anyway, back on topic..
Haven't seen the game yet, but quite glad to wake up to see we got the win over Ajax.. Sounds a lot more positive than things have been of late..

Bremsstrahlung
14-09-2022, 09:51 AM
With the results this morning, I can only assume Conte has been sacked….

Good to get some points.

Retro Jet
16-09-2022, 05:01 PM
And thank fk for goal line technology. In real time it was hard to determine if it was in or out. I'm sure the haters will still say it didn't cross the line.
Thread will crack two hungie soon...

Bremsstrahlung
17-10-2022, 07:14 AM
That game could have been anything.
1-0 city, 1-0 Liverpool, 5-5 draw.

Salah’s control from the keeper kick to get past Cancelo was :wub:
It seems like we have a lot of players desperate to get on the score sheet.
Thought Jota was excellent first half in his defensive efforts. He looked the main man.
Nunez should have had a goal. Or a few assists. Really feel for him. He’s trying. Doesn’t help when young carvalho blasts him for not passing to him, even though he was pretty well marked haha.

Little disappointed with Klopp. I enjoy his passion. But he deserved that today. Think he’s feeling a bit of pressure and in the context of the season, that was a big call, big game.

Watching live, I thought Haaland fouled Fabinho. There was no way he kicked it out from Alison’s grip, imo. but lucky there’s a clear replay showing Haaland grabbing the shirt and dragging down.

Retro Jet
17-10-2022, 11:39 PM
0' 25" Pep surrenders...
1' 09" Mo 'hits the target' :rof:
1' 45" Cancelo cam
1' 50" Pep cam
2' 13" see 1' 09" :rof: :rof:
3' 01" Kop cam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gth_Qq9zJqc

Bremsstrahlung
30-10-2022, 11:25 AM
You just have to laugh sometimes.
Bit more excitement involved when the win isn’t guaranteed anymore.

Back the pre Klopp Liverpool, beat/draw with top 6 and drop points and lose to the bottom 10.

Bobby Firmino resurgence has been about the only positive this season.
And the hilarity of watching Nunez be so close but so far from scoring goals, even that’s making me laugh.

Seriously though, Henderson (Forrest keeper) and meslier both had one of their better games of their season against us.
Conversely, most of our players are in the worst form of the last 5 years.

StannyCFCJET
30-10-2022, 01:32 PM
I get the vibes during WC Klopp will walk. Can't see your ownership changing their methods and buying loads of new top players

Bremsstrahlung
31-10-2022, 08:55 AM
I don’t know if we need loads of new players, but we need something.
We’ve had reasonable dept over the years with a few players in their prime, but those players seem to be on the other side of their prime now.

Matip out kind of shows how underrated he is. I think him and VVD are the best CB pairing we have atm. VVD is not as unbeatable as he has been. TAA’s defensive shortcoming are becoming more apparent now that he isn’t creating assists every game.
Our forwards injuries atm to Jota and Diaz are a worry. Otherwise we kind of have good depth here. All 5 are similar but different.

Biggest concern for me is our midfield. Henderson seems to be demoted to a bench role. Thiago has got another 5 games left before an injury gets him. Elliot and Jones should be only relied upon for late cameos with in form, experienced players around them instead of bearing responsibility. Fabinho playing his worst for a few years. And Keita, who?
Some reinforcements in the midfield would be appreciated. I’m not sure who. Rumour was that we’ve been holding out for Bellingham but he appears equally worried by our form and would prefer to join the city dynasty. Why wouldn’t you…

Im not really sure what the purpose or ideal players for our midfield are. If Klopp would prefer 2 defensive one attacking, 1 defensive 2 all rounders, or what we are going for.
Our best midfielder has been Firmino…

Buddha
31-10-2022, 11:59 AM
Honestly if Curtis Jones wasnt scouse he would be playing in the Championship by now. He is awful.

Retro Jet
10-11-2022, 09:39 PM
Queeve... :wub:

Bremsstrahlung
03-01-2023, 07:50 AM
Was nice while it lasted.
Got a team that looks it achieved it’s goal, and now they are on coast mode.

I am enjoying a more unpredictable EPL season though.

And FMD, it’s almost hilarious watching Nunez try and score. Bloke could have as many as Haaland if he could get a few of his shots on target. Credit, he’s getting in good positions but the finishing he showed against us in UCL last season was a 10/10 and we are getting 3/10 atm.

Retro Jet
06-03-2023, 08:20 AM
Nice finishes this morning.
Certainly been lacking of late.

Salah the all time highest Livepool goal scorer now and the most by a 'pool player in the Prem v United - 10, 2 more than Gerrard.

Retro Jet
28-08-2023, 10:53 AM
What a game!
I love it when 'duds' score...winners!

Bremsstrahlung
01-10-2023, 08:23 AM
Exciting game.
We look almost back to our competitive best. City dropping points. Our midfield needs another signing I think. I find it bizarre we are playing MacAlister as a CDM. Not the worst, but also a little vulnerable defensively.

I’d love to see another replay of Diaz disallowed goal. Never saw the VAR thing where they draw lines everywhere. Looked offside on TV angle. But when they showed a more in line one with the cut of the grass, he looked on. Must have been millimetres.

Jones a little unlucky. Unfortunate that his contact with the ball, bounced his foot up and into the ankle. But go in studs up and you run the risk.

Jota just silly.

30 seconds away from a point with 9 men away at spurs. Alas, not to be.

Good on Ange.

MFKS
01-10-2023, 07:29 PM
Jones a little unlucky??

Only if the intent was to break the Spurs players leg

It was a horrible tackle and the biggest issue was why refs continue to fail to hand out reds for tackles like that

They shouldn't need VAR having a word in their ear to deal correctly with studs up shin breakers

Jetmaster
02-10-2023, 09:41 AM
Totally fair tackle back in the day. No intent and got the ball fairly, and not his fault that his foot rebounded.

Most people including Spurs fans are agreeing with this.

The game has gone soft.

Bremsstrahlung
02-10-2023, 12:09 PM
Jones a little unlucky??

Only if the intent was to break the Spurs players leg

It was a horrible tackle and the biggest issue was why refs continue to fail to hand out reds for tackles like that

They shouldn't need VAR having a word in their ear to deal correctly with studs up shin breakers

Yawn. Try something new.

Aegon
06-10-2023, 11:33 AM
Totally fair tackle back in the day. No intent and got the ball fairly, and not his fault that his foot rebounded.

Most people including Spurs fans are agreeing with this.

The game has gone soft.

They changed the rule about getting the ball first because the rule was abused. I for one am glad to see players protected from tackles that put them in danger of being injured.

This Jones tackle was excessive force/serious foul play.... was careless initially but the result was that it endangered the safety of the player with the ball.

Good decision.

Bremsstrahlung
06-10-2023, 01:03 PM
They changed the rule about getting the ball first because the rule was abused. I for one am glad to see players protected from tackles that put them in danger of being injured.

This Jones tackle was excessive force/serious foul play.... was careless initially but the result was that it endangered the safety of the player with the ball.

Good decision.

Don’t have a problem with it being a send off. I think the outcome of the challenge and contact with the player, it needs to be a red.

My initial comment was that it was a bit unlucky. It wasn’t a cynical, malicious, or intended to injure the player. He got the ball and bounced over it. but yes, it was careless/reckless.
Red card was fair. I’m not entirely sure why they challenged it.

Retro Jet
14-10-2023, 05:16 PM
Exciting game.
We look almost back to our competitive best. City dropping points. Our midfield needs another signing I think. I find it bizarre we are playing MacAlister as a CDM. Not the worst, but also a little vulnerable defensively.

I?d love to see another replay of Diaz disallowed goal. Never saw the VAR thing where they draw lines everywhere. Looked offside on TV angle. But when they showed a more in line one with the cut of the grass, he looked on. Must have been millimetres.

Jones a little unlucky. Unfortunate that his contact with the ball, bounced his foot up and into the ankle. But go in studs up and you run the risk.

Jota just silly.

30 seconds away from a point with 9 men away at spurs. Alas, not to be.

Good on Ange.

For anyone who didn't hear/see this, have a listen to the absolute sh!t show that these clowns at Stockley Park conjured up to completely bamboozle themselves
with their own bullshit VAR vernacular top cock up a perfectly legitimate goal.
Listen first...

https://youtu.be/hhpgelkcnJ8?si=ZUf_np0Z-ew3hQGL

0:49 "Check complete Check complete. Yep yep.
Then you hear a whistle then some F**ktard says quickly "Off" - which means to everyone - Offside.
Amongst other shit: 0:53 Referee:- "Well done boys. Good process
Good process?
Nowhere does anyone definitively say in plain English "Attacking player Onside - goal"

Now, the REAL problem is the fact we have a Replay Operator - not even an official calling these dickheads out.

From 0:55- Replay operator: "Wait wait wait wait. The on-field decision was offside" then "Are you happy with this?"
So, Asst VAR Dan Cook says: "Yeah"
So, after seeing the lines, he's happy with that being called Offside by saying '"yeah". :mad:
Replay operator again "Are you happy with this"
Then, the absolutely disgraceful comment from Cook: " Offside. Goal . Yeah."
What does all that actually mean? Was it Offside? Was it a goal?

You don't even hear the main VAR (Darren England) comment until 1:11 with "Oh **** "

Then there's this little background story.
https://www.thisisanfield.com/2023/10/var-and-4th-official-worked-uae-match-48-hours-before-spurs-vs-liverpool/
All of them were on an Oil junket in the UAE the Thursday night before. Fantastic. Very professional. Great preparation.

No wonder they were stood down.

Lots of post-match analysis clips on this.
The best I heard was when some Union ref was asked about the process and he said there were too many voices. :blink:

belchardo
14-10-2023, 08:59 PM
It's pretty amusing stuff.

Retro Jet
15-10-2023, 01:49 PM
It's pretty amusing stuff.

Don't get me started on the Kovacic tackles...

Retro Jet
19-10-2023, 01:09 AM
From OLSC Newcastle:-

Liverpool will take on our blue neighbours Everton in the first Merseyside Derby of the season
live and loud on the Big ( massive ) screen at 10:30pm, Saturday 21st of October with the game
being shown at Sydney Junction Hotel.

We look forward to seeing as many OLSC Reds there as possible
https://sjh.com.au/sports-schedule/

Bremsstrahlung
30-10-2023, 09:30 AM
Never ceases to amaze what a big target players are for crime and the lengths criminals will go to, to make a buck.

I remember a few years ago, somebody was pumping gas into a house/apartment, break ins while players are out of town.
Kidnapping of parents is a new one.
I know players often like to keep their kids faces out of the limelight, but there’s definitely a safety element to that.

Good win this AM.

MFKS
30-10-2023, 07:50 PM
Never ceases to amaze what a big target players are for crime and the lengths criminals will go to, to make a buck.

I remember a few years ago, somebody was pumping gas into a house/apartment, break ins while players are out of town.
Kidnapping of parents is a new one.
I know players often like to keep their kids faces out of the limelight, but there’s definitely a safety element to that.

Good win this AM.
How exactly is this a "new" thing??

Romario WC 94 winner Pissants superstar
Robinhio Man Citys first big name star

Both had parents kidnapped

That's just off the top of my head

Plenty more would occur in Sth America Africa etc but we never hear about

Bremsstrahlung
31-10-2023, 08:20 AM
How exactly is this a "new" thing??

Romario WC 94 winner Pissants superstar
Robinhio Man Citys first big name star

Both had parents kidnapped

That's just off the top of my head

Plenty more would occur in Sth America Africa etc but we never hear about

Thanks old man.

Retro Jet
23-11-2023, 11:18 AM
From OLSC Newcastle:

"After the international break, Liverpool will take on Manchester City in a top-of-the-table clash on Saturday 25th of November at 11:30pm
with the game being shown at Sydney Junction Hotel
We look forward to seeing as many OLSC Reds there as possible."

YNWA

Jim
19-12-2023, 06:24 PM
Your finishing 3rd at best. Team and consistency isn't good enough.

Hunter403
26-01-2024, 10:49 PM
Klopp gone (at the end of the season) according to reports

boz-monaut
26-01-2024, 10:59 PM
it's on the LFC twitter - it's real unfortunately

Bremsstrahlung
27-01-2024, 12:28 AM
End of an era. Has been a pleasure to watch. If it weren’t for Man City, we’d have more than one league (and UCL) to show for it.

Good luck to him. He is high octane, high energy and if he’s burnt out, then fair play to to him. Curious to see if Pep takes over or if we use the next few months to scout out somebody (presumably the club have put the ball in motion since November….)

Presumably has an eye on German NT for 2026 WC.

Edit: Pep and other staff confirmed to be vacating their positions also.

Retro Jet
27-01-2024, 12:56 AM
Interview here.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1750830155902197990?s=20

What a legacy. Plan the statue now!

Look out Xabi Alonso!