PDA

View Full Version : L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

hawk
12-05-2014, 09:40 AM
happy for discussion but going to far doesnt pay. yes pool got 2nd and get nothing but a couple of $. next

pv4
12-05-2014, 09:59 AM
So apparently Pools goal this season was Champs League qualification and that was it.

What's the goal next season?

hawk
12-05-2014, 10:19 AM
So apparently Pools goal this season was Champs League qualification and that was it.

not to wear purple, avoid relegation, stay average. yours?

pv4
12-05-2014, 10:38 AM
not to wear purple, avoid relegation, stay average. yours?

:rof:

Arsenals realistic goals in my eyes would be:
- Sign a world class striker
- Replace Sagna with a good right back (he wants to leave, apparently)
- At least top 4 again
- At least make it out of Group Stage in Champs League
- St Totteringham's Day
- At least one trophy (hopefully to back up the FA Cup!)
- Keep Rambo, Ozil, Theo & Jack fit for the whole season (and with that, I think a trophy will come tbh)
- Zelalem & Gnabry to get game time throughout the season, and to do really well

Arsenals audacious goals in my eyes would be:
- Win the league
- Semis/Final/Win the Champs League

Bremsstrahlung
12-05-2014, 12:14 PM

I think we are another year or 2 away from a dominant title campaign. We may be in a similar position come Xmas next year (in the mix with a few games left) but i think we are a few years away from a campaign where we win it with a few games to go.

That being said, I think our realistic goals would be similar to yours.
- Finish Top 4, otherwise all the hard work would be for nothing and we would risk losing a lot of players.
- A solid Group stage in Europe, a win or 2 would be good. (Unless we improve our squad depth a lot, i think we are better off concentrating on securing 4th, than attempting a CL push.)
- Sign a quality striker. Give Suarez and Sturridge a break when their form dips. And just to add to our squad. City, for example, have the luxury of having Negredo, Dzeko, Aguero, Jovetic. 4 Quality strikers.
- Sort our defence out. This is pivotal if we want any success next year. Our defence is simply not good enough. Excuse my *mini-rant*
-Another solid midfielder is needed for our increase in fixtures. Hopefully reunite Alonso and Gerrard for another CL campaign haha.
-Retain Suarez for another year. I think Madrid will come knocking tbh. SO i think we should be looking for a replacement. Though his recent love-in with Gerrard may entice him to stay for one final shot.
- Extend Rogers contract - he looks like a long term option. Just the way he carries himself and speaks is what we've been after for so long, without having the circus of Mourinho and joining the merry-go-round of coaches.

Audacious goals
- Win the league
- Quarter Finals CL.

How we strengthen the squad over the next few months will determine just how competitive we aim to be. We have a real chance to secure our next 3 years of Top 4 with some solid signings.

*Ok, our defence has let us down so many times this year. Things happen but on so many occasions we ****ed up with OG's, slips and careless turnovers. I'm talking about those gift goals. i.e. Stevie G, Toure had a few. If we irradicate just those goals, we win the league this year imo. Success story for this year is Flanagan, he has emerged as a genuine hope for the future. Skrtel's refusal to leave, speaking to Rogers begging for a chance to stay and try and earn a spot, has been great. His form has been terrific and probably our best CB option atm. I believe Agger has done reasonably well when he plays. I don't really know why he was made Vice captain if Rogers didn't see him as a regular starter, so that makes me wonder what happened. Imo get rid of Sakho and Toure. Bring in a World Class CB, play Skrtel or Agger alongside them. Johnson has been AIDS recently. He has potential to be brilliant but his capitulation against Palace was the final straw for me. Sell him, get some $$$ before he is worthless. Cissokho did well, but we need a better long term option. Hopefully Enrique is fit :S. Essentially, A new CB, and a LB. And possibly a hybrid player who can do either.

Bremsstrahlung
12-05-2014, 12:16 PM
Ps, good riddance Moses. ffs.

Premy
12-05-2014, 01:19 PM
Matt Hummels.

pv4
12-05-2014, 01:25 PM
Matt Hummels.

Mats* Hummels

Big talks of Manure after him, they reckon Van Gaal will persuade him somehow. Hummels certainly is a wanted man by many clubs!

Premy
12-05-2014, 01:54 PM
Mats* Hummels

Big talks of Manure after him, they reckon Van Gaal will persuade him somehow. Hummels certainly is a wanted man by many clubs!

Yeah him too.

I've seen the Man U links they are also linked to Strootman I would love us to highjack both bids something I think we may be able to do now with CL. Years gone pass we've done all the leg work with transfers only to have the likes of Chelsea, United & City snatch them away at the last hour with CL football being the deciding factor.

Reports are that Rodgers will get £60mil I think with £70-£80mil you could land Lallana, Hummels, Strootman, Richards & Shaw. So with the sale of Reina, Johnson, Enrique & Coates + £60mil it's possible to fund.
Also with Borini and Assaidi returning I don't think there is a need to splash the cash on some forwards and the return from injury of Martin Kelly will be like a new signing.

pv4
12-05-2014, 02:06 PM
Where are Pool getting 60-80m from, though? I get the sale of those few players will help, but: if City have breached Financial Fair Play in Europe, and there is any truth behind Pool already breaching it with their current squad, how are they actually allowed to spend that money?

plague
12-05-2014, 02:14 PM
Where are Pool getting 60-80m from, though? I get the sale of those few players will help, but: if City have breached Financial Fair Play in Europe, and there is any truth behind Pool already breaching it with their current squad, how are they actually allowed to spend that money?

Would have to be Champions League cash innit? LFC would be one of the only (biggish) clubs in Europe who's revenues are about to go way up.
Reading the other day United stand to lose about £35m in TV/prize money alone from UCL. Factor in sponsorship/gate/merch money and LFC would prob have plenty of cash to 'legally' spend. Not £60-80m but maybe £40m odd esp if transfer $ come in.

Premy
12-05-2014, 02:22 PM
I actually wonder the same thing. A few things but Liverpool's wage budget would not even be close to City's and there is a huge increase from TV revenue next season plus Liverpool will get added money compared to this season due to the Champions League. That said I'm still concerned about FFP.

Just quickly on FFP how hypocritical are UEFA to fine City and PSG reportedly €50 million. I'm sorry but I don't get logic of fining a club money for breaching a rule of spending to much money in which said rule was introduced to stop clubs from going bankrupt.

plague
12-05-2014, 02:40 PM
Just quickly on FFP how hypocritical are UEFA to fine City and PSG reportedly €50 million. I'm sorry but I don't get logic of fining a club money for breaching a rule of spending to much money in which said rule was introduced to stop clubs from going bankrupt.

The fine can be paid by the owners with no impact on the clubs bottom line. So the Royal family etc will pay the bill. The fine is to (hopefully) punish owners who fund these clubs rather than the clubs themselves.
(Hope that made sense).

plague
12-05-2014, 02:43 PM
If you're on the twitters there's a journo(I think he's a journo) called Ed Thompson (@edthompsn) who explains all the FFP stuff really well.

Worth a read if you're into that stuff.

Premy
12-05-2014, 02:55 PM
The fine can be paid by the owners with no impact on the clubs bottom line. So the Royal family etc will pay the bill. The fine is to (hopefully) punish owners who fund these clubs rather than the clubs themselves.
(Hope that made sense).
Yeah sort of but I fear a precedent will be set by this, what happens if say Fenerbahce breach FFP dose that mean the Fenerbahce Sports Club then have to pay a €50mil fine.

Premy
12-05-2014, 02:55 PM
If you're on the twitters there's a journo(I think he's a journo) called Ed Thompson (@edthompsn) who explains all the FFP stuff really well.

Worth a read if you're into that stuff.

I'll have a look into it.

hawk
12-05-2014, 03:04 PM

probably from the sale of suarez to Madrid. Only talk at this stage of course

plague
12-05-2014, 03:14 PM
Yeah sort of but I fear a precedent will be set by this, what happens if say Fenerbahce breach FFP dose that mean the Fenerbahce Sports Club then have to pay a €50mil fine.

Yes.
But I assume Fenerbahce don't have a multi billionaire backing them so would be less inclined to spend money they don't have (for fear of not only breaking the rules but to avoid bankruptcy as you alluded to).

The rules were designed to stop a club with say £200m turnover operating as if it had £800m turnover just because they had someone backing them that can make up the losses.

By all means they aren't perfect but at least it's a start. There will always be cases of clubs getting around the rules but I guess things aren't perfect now anyway.

Besides, I kind of like the fact a team like Arsenal, who seem to have their house in order, will get rewarded for good governance rather than lucking out from someone with mega pockets buying them.

MFKS
12-05-2014, 03:32 PM
I think we are another year or 2 away from a dominant title campaign. We may be in a similar position come Xmas next year (in the mix with a few games left) but i think we are a few years away from a campaign where we win it with a few games to go.

That being said, I think our realistic goals would be similar to yours.
- Finish Top 4, otherwise all the hard work would be for nothing and we would risk losing a lot of players.
- A solid Group stage in Europe, a win or 2 would be good. (Unless we improve our squad depth a lot, i think we are better off concentrating on securing 4th, than attempting a CL push.)
- Sign a quality striker. Give Suarez and Sturridge a break when their form dips. And just to add to our squad. City, for example, have the luxury of having Negredo, Dzeko, Aguero, Jovetic. 4 Quality strikers.
- Sort our defence out. This is pivotal if we want any success next year. Our defence is simply not good enough. Excuse my *mini-rant*
-Another solid midfielder is needed for our increase in fixtures. Hopefully reunite Alonso and Gerrard for another CL campaign haha.
-Retain Suarez for another year. I think Madrid will come knocking tbh. SO i think we should be looking for a replacement. Though his recent love-in with Gerrard may entice him to stay for one final shot.
- Extend Rogers contract - he looks like a long term option. Just the way he carries himself and speaks is what we've been after for so long, without having the circus of Mourinho and joining the merry-go-round of coaches.

Audacious goals
- Win the league
- Quarter Finals CL.

How we strengthen the squad over the next few months will determine just how competitive we aim to be. We have a real chance to secure our next 3 years of Top 4 with some solid signings.

*Ok, our defence has let us down so many times this year. Things happen but on so many occasions we ****ed up with OG's, slips and careless turnovers. I'm talking about those gift goals. i.e. Stevie G, Toure had a few. If we irradicate just those goals, we win the league this year imo. Success story for this year is Flanagan, he has emerged as a genuine hope for the future. Skrtel's refusal to leave, speaking to Rogers begging for a chance to stay and try and earn a spot, has been great. His form has been terrific and probably our best CB option atm. I believe Agger has done reasonably well when he plays. I don't really know why he was made Vice captain if Rogers didn't see him as a regular starter, so that makes me wonder what happened. Imo get rid of Sakho and Toure. Bring in a World Class CB, play Skrtel or Agger alongside them. Johnson has been AIDS recently. He has potential to be brilliant but his capitulation against Palace was the final straw for me. Sell him, get some $$$ before he is worthless. Cissokho did well, but we need a better long term option. Hopefully Enrique is fit :S. Essentially, A new CB, and a LB. And possibly a hybrid player who can do either.

Seriously in spite of your efforts in the last few weeks where we will beg to differ about whether you choked you still finished 2 points off wining the League. Now I know you can't turn form on and off at the drop of a hat but reality is you aint that far away from reaching the summit.

Why the **** are you expecting it to take a few years now to get there??

Your squad should be deeper and more experienced and regardless of what Man C Chelski Manure Arsenal etc do with themselves you should still be in a great position to have a crack at it regardless.

DISCLAIMER (Assuming you don't choke AGAIN)

GazFish35
12-05-2014, 04:31 PM
theyll have CL to deal with now.
and a weight of expectation.

they thought they were a chance for 1/4 of a season.
Imagine how they ll cope when they they'll be expecting to win it from the start.

I hope they can saty in the top four and ManUtd sit outside for a little longer.

Premy
12-05-2014, 04:46 PM
Interesting table here if only Goals English players counted.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/05/11/upshot/up-soccer-table.html?smid=tw-share&smv2&_r=0

Means nothing I know but it's a Interesting point, still doesn't make me feel any better

parksey
12-05-2014, 05:18 PM
I think with £70-£80mil you could land Lallana, Hummels, Strootman, Richards & Shaw. So with the sale of Reina, Johnson, Enrique & Coates + £60mil it's possible to fund.

Haha no way in the world will that be enough money to buy all of those players.

Premy
12-05-2014, 05:30 PM
Lallana £15-20
Strootman £20-25
Hummels £20-25
Shaw £10-12
Richards £10-12

If you pay anymore for said players you're pay overs

parksey
12-05-2014, 05:32 PM
Lallana £15-20
Strootman £20-25
Hummels £20-25
Shaw £10-12
Richards £10-12

you don't read much transfer news, do you? shaw will go for close to 30mil.

lallana will be at least 20mil.

pv4
12-05-2014, 05:36 PM
I read United have already bid 27m for Shaw

Premy
12-05-2014, 05:36 PM
you don't read much transfer news, do you? shaw will go for close to 30mil.

lallana will be at least 20mil.

I do actually I see reports of United bidding £25mil for Shaw, which is well overpriced for a 18y/o that's had a good half of a season at a mid table club.

pv4
12-05-2014, 05:38 PM
I do actually I see reports of United bidding £25mil for Shaw, which is well overpriced for a 18y/o that's had a good half of a season at a mid table club.

You're forgetting that he's English, he's capped, and several clubs want him

parksey
12-05-2014, 05:39 PM

ok, yeah, so why would you then think that liverpool could nab him for 10 million?

Premy
12-05-2014, 05:42 PM
You're forgetting that he's English, he's capped, and several clubs want him
So was Carroll before his move to Liverpool. His unproven and if a Club want to spend £30mil to secure him then all the best to them I just hope it's not Liverpool, I would hope we've lernt from our mistakes.

Premy
12-05-2014, 05:44 PM
ok, yeah, so why would you then think that liverpool could nab him for 10 million?I'm just stating that's what his value is not how much he'll go for.

Bremsstrahlung
12-05-2014, 07:19 PM
Seriously in spite of your efforts in the last few weeks where we will beg to differ about whether you choked you still finished 2 points off wining the League. Now I know you can't turn form on and off at the drop of a hat but reality is you aint that far away from reaching the summit.

Your squad should be deeper and more experienced and regardless of what Man C Chelski Manure Arsenal etc do with themselves you should still be in a great position to have a crack at it regardless.

DISCLAIMER (Assuming you don't choke AGAIN)

For reasons gaz outlined.
We were an unknown force. We had an element of surprise. Nobody knew what suarez and sturridge and sterling to a degree were capable of. The last few games are an indication that teams are wary of us. As much as it was us feeling the pressure, it was other teams realising how to stop liverpool.
We were devastating on the counter. So teams like Chelsea, Sunderland, villa and a few others decided, what if we just don't attack.
For us to win it, we need to be able to break down this defences eg Chelsea, they did nothing that game in terms of attack yet we couldn't break them down in 95 minutes.

Next year teams know what we do, they know they can stop us.
But as you said, I can't see Chelsea changing much. Man Utd will be dangerous. Arsenal will consolidate and city should be about the same.

On Chelsea, reckon we'd want Hazard?

Premy
12-05-2014, 07:55 PM
I actually think teams had been trying to park the bus against us all season but we had a uncanny nack of scoring early goals. So that tactic had to get thrown out the window and teams weren't set up to attack us but still had to which played right into our hand (Totenham and United prime examples).

hawk
12-05-2014, 08:48 PM

see below

theyll have CL to deal with now.
and a weight of expectation.
they thought they were a chance for 1/4 of a season.
Imagine how they ll cope when they they'll be expecting to win it from the start.

wont happen due to This & the fact Gerrard said it will happen. be interesting to see which of the other 18 teams will choke

Jeterpool
12-05-2014, 09:21 PM
Word is Liverpool have bid for Lallana

goaliepersempre
12-05-2014, 09:25 PM
will be in lausanne during the game. was in stockholm whem city last won it. was great trying ro decipher what the commentators were saying about the utd game when city were down. at least swedish is a decent language which makes some sense, unlike these neutral frenchy bastards.

stupid french part of switzerland.... :P

parksey
12-05-2014, 09:55 PM
I'm just stating that's what his value is not how much he'll go for.

well, as we were talking about how much money it would take to sign all of the players you listed, that doesn't make any sense.

pv4
13-05-2014, 06:09 AM
I'm just stating that's what his value is not how much he'll go for.

This post can apply to any English player being transferred. Instantly at least 10m is added to their "value".

snake
13-05-2014, 07:29 AM
stupid french part of switzerland.... :P

14 fxxing francs for a rhum and coke ffs

do i look like i cruise around in a maserati ir something?

snake
13-05-2014, 07:33 AM
there has been some cracking late nite telly, mind. watched some german chicks play strip table tennis the other night. one of them even stripped two items when she only lost one point, bless her

Bremsstrahlung
13-05-2014, 10:27 AM
How is Johnson in the England squad :s surely there's better in form defenders.

hawk
13-05-2014, 04:21 PM
Ps. Hawk is my new favorite foz member :wub: :rof:
:lulz:

How is Johnson in the England squad :s surely there's better in form defenders.

he goes alright this Johnson lad

goaliepersempre
13-05-2014, 06:31 PM
14 fxxing francs for a rhum and coke ffs

do i look like i cruise around in a maserati ir something?

same price at my pub... :/ but when i work its usually 6cl of rum instead of 2-4 cl lol .

parksey
15-05-2014, 10:35 AM
http://www.theroar.com.au/2014/05/15/next-year-will-be-more-of-the-same-for-liverpool/

feel free to check out an article i wrote about liverpool's performance this season and their prospects next season.

Bremsstrahlung
15-05-2014, 11:30 AM
Good read. Not bad, not bad.

Premy
15-05-2014, 11:40 AM
http://www.theroar.com.au/2014/05/15/next-year-will-be-more-of-the-same-for-liverpool/

feel free to check out an article i wrote about liverpool's performance this season and their prospects next season.
Nice job mate that's actually a pretty good read. I tried to read it being impartial to the fact you're a United supporter but I couldn't help myself at times think "of course you would say that", sorry. All in all nice work.

Couple of things I don't get but is where does all this Liverpool got a easy ride attitude come from even in the comment section I got the same feeling. We had our fair share of injuries, Gerrard and Sturridge were out for most of the busy December January period when we had both City and Chelsea away, Lucas was like a tampon, Kelly wasn't seen all season, we had Flanagan playing LB because we ran out of options(credit to him he then made that position his) hell even Brad Smith got his debut we were that short.
Don't get me started on the whole, they had no European football to contend with argument, that's been Liverpool's biggest draw back and has hurt us more than it has helped us.
Sure we had a bit of luck go our way we also had plenty go against us, that's football but we played in the same competition as all the other Club's for them to suggest we had it easy that's why we achieved is just a cop out from their behalf.

Jeterpool
15-05-2014, 12:18 PM

Very well written. Congratulation. It was a good read and you raise some valid point.

parksey
15-05-2014, 04:33 PM
cheers, guys. obviously there is some bias in there but i tried to be impartial wherever possible.

Premy
15-05-2014, 04:47 PM
cheers, guys. obviously there is some bias in there but i tried to be impartial wherever possible.

I check Roar pretty frequently but let me know if you have anything else on there in future, what ever the topic. Nice work again.

pv4
15-05-2014, 04:48 PM
Loved the read parksey

As a note, I'm never the biggest fan when the author replies to comments in their own articles. Something about it seems tacky when you go on the articles original site of posting and the author is involved in shit flinging in the comments. Maybe it's part and parcel of that kind of world (granted I've never written a published article so personally don't fully know how it works). But yeah, just my two bobs worth (bridges 4eva yayayayay)

parksey
15-05-2014, 04:58 PM
yeah it's not something i will do much at all but i thought it was ok to do this time just to clarify a point.

Jeterpool
15-05-2014, 05:40 PM

I thought you were very impartial for what it's worth

pessimist
15-05-2014, 06:35 PM

Yes it does appear that having some academic writing skill can hide a sinister side to some but that what it can hide is a retarded sugar coated story that sticks the boot in to liverpools achievments.

failed to finish first past the post - never thought theyd be anywhere near it.
cashed up man city - manu have spent more in the 90s & 00's
not many have touted jack sh1t for next year especially round here
"a haze of slapstick defending, mental fragility and tactical naivety"? sounds like you are suming up uniteds year
gerrard least influential? you cant know how he galvanises that team

You have attempted to piss on on a pretty good liverpool season, the excellent efforts of a first season coach, and the chance of taking a title for the first time for a while and failed to mentioned how shit your team was even though more has been spent than most others.....I cannot understand how others here can give credit for this shit. feel free stick your opinions in your ***.

parksey
15-05-2014, 08:25 PM
Yes it does appear that having some academic writing skill can hide a sinister side to some but that what it can hide is a retarded sugar coated story that sticks the boot in to liverpools achievments.

"a haze of slapstick defending, mental fragility and tactical naivety"? sounds like you are suming up uniteds year

You have attempted to piss on on a pretty good liverpool season, the excellent efforts of a first season coach, and the chance of taking a title for the first time for a while and failed to mentioned how shit your team was even though more has been spent than most others.....I cannot understand how others here can give credit for this shit. feel free stick your opinions in your ***.

sorry, mate. next time i write an article about liverpool i'll be sure to make most of it about united.

gotta keep the readers happy.

plague
15-05-2014, 09:22 PM

Possibly one of the more retarded posts I've read today.
Cheers for giving me a larf mate.

hawk
20-05-2014, 01:37 PM
jeez ez it up^^....hey porksey that article does have a frustrated manu fan perspective written all over it, lol.

Jeterpool
20-05-2014, 01:54 PM

Why so negative?

:gent: :lulzturtle:

And geez captain obvious, I know it's rugby league season and you're most likely flat out with the simple statements coming from that "game" but you left that low hanging fruit for far too long.

MFKS
20-05-2014, 04:28 PM

Yep

Brendan Rodgers wasn't there the season before was he???

Could swear he was.

hawk
22-05-2014, 06:38 PM
Yep

Brendan Rodgers wasn't there the season before was he???

Could swear he was.

had 2 years. he better shape up or he's out

Uruguay's Luis Suarez to have knee operation before World Cup

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/fifa-world-cup-2014/uruguays-luis-suarez-to-have-knee-operation-before-world-cup-20140522-zrlgk.html#ixzz32UxpIlAU

sell sell sell

pistolpete
22-05-2014, 06:55 PM
I am surprised at the high profile players reportedly going to man united considering they arent playing in europe next year. I also love how Liverpool fans get so excited over players that they have never heard of just because they are rumoured to be transfer targets. As long as we don't sign Cashley I will be happy

Premy
26-05-2014, 09:58 PM
FFS £15mil for Nathan Clyne they can't be serious even Comolli wouldn't pay that much for him.

Bremsstrahlung
27-05-2014, 11:08 AM
Rogers here until 2018. Good news! He seems to have a lot of respect from the playing group. His only downfall is his ability in the transfer market, but it's hard to blame him as FSG and the "transfer committee" must shoulder some responsibility. Now we have UCL, a stable coach and a promising season ahead it'll be interesting to see what we can do.

Suarez having his meniscus trimmed. Relatively minor surgery. Interesting that he didn't try and play out the world cup first, as surgery 3 weeks prior with an estimated recovery of 2-3 weeks seems risky. Meniscal injuries can be quite debilitating, i know my knee was 'locked' with about 15 degrees of movement. but he seemed to be playing relatively freely. Perhaps another reason for his lacklustre last few weeks of the season.

furns
28-05-2014, 11:58 AM
reports are that Spurs could come in for Llallana, Southampton want 30mil pounds for him due to a large sell on fee from his previous club, we only want to pay 20mil.

Bremsstrahlung
29-05-2014, 10:16 AM
reports are that Spurs could come in for Llallana, Southampton want 30mil pounds for him due to a large sell on fee from his previous club, we only want to pay 20mil.

Don't know if he's worth 30M. Considering arsenal offered 40m +1 for suarez (not really a serious offer, just trying to reach a clause). There's a lot better players we could get for 20-25.
That being said, I think we need to splurge a little bit, overpay for the right player. So if Rogers sees him as a 2-3+ year project.

Still think sterling is going to blitz it this World Cup providing he gets some game time, and epl season.

pv4
29-05-2014, 10:18 AM
There's a lot better players we could get for 20-25.

Which players, out of curiosity?

Bremsstrahlung
29-05-2014, 06:42 PM
Yeh, probably a bad choice of words to say "a lot", i think Lallana would be a good buy. And i hope we can get him in. But, 30M is a big inflation. His age is in his favour and I think Rodgers would nurture him well.
A few players, not necessarily better than Lallana.
I wish we had signed Cabaye to be honest. PSG bought him for 19M.
Thauvin for <20M
Could probably get Alonso for <20M if he fancied a reunion with Gerrard.
Remy Cabella from Montepllier
Draxler
Coentrao as a LB option
Shaqiri

hawk
29-05-2014, 07:18 PM
Which players, out of curiosity?

me, id prop my price i guess.

parksey
29-05-2014, 07:49 PM
no way is draxler going that cheaply

Bremsstrahlung
30-05-2014, 07:13 AM
no way is draxler going that cheaply

Kind of forgot that requisite.
I just think 30M for Lallana is a bit hefty. They've only upped it because they have to cuperate funds for his previous club.

Arsenal tipped to get Draxler.

Pool being linked with Ashley Cole who said somewhere he wants to leave.

pv4
30-05-2014, 10:31 AM
You Liverpool fans, of all people, should know and accept that any English player has a giant inflation on him.

Apart from Alonso, who is a short-term option more than anything, the names you have mentioned Brem are all unproven in the EPL. It's definately a gamble to peg big short-term hopes on a player that you'll be spending 20m+ for who may need time to acclimatize to the league.

Gerrard is on his way out, the longer Suarez actually stays around the more Spanish clubs will circle him - IMO Liverpools genuine title hopes will be gone within a year or two. You guys need to do what you can now. Alonso, maybe, or Lallana IMO would be your best midfield bets.

Apparently Poch wants to use his relationship to get Lallana at Sp*rs, as phernz said, so this will only drive his price up more as Levy has no issues spending.

The strongest rumours ATM for Pool are midfielders & strikers (Lambert the freshest), though. You guys need a lot more CB rumours and/or signings happening!

furns
30-05-2014, 12:49 PM
That may not be an option for Spurs, as according to the Beeb Saints are pretty pissed that Pochettino ran down his contract and wouldnt resign until the offseason. Then lo and behold he leaves for Spurs. They may not sell to him.

Premy
30-05-2014, 05:15 PM
The strongest rumours ATM for Pool are midfielders & strikers (Lambert the freshest), though. You guys need a lot more CB rumours and/or signings happening!
This, I agree 100%
Call me stupid or crazy but I think it maybe tactics. Blind Freddie can see we are desperate for defenders and clubs can use that as a negotiation tool against us. So if we link ourselves to all these strikers make us seem like we're not after defenders may drive down the price when we enter negotiations for defenders.
Make sense to me just hope I'm right.

Bremsstrahlung
30-05-2014, 06:55 PM
IMO a world class CB takes a good 15 goals off our against column...

hawk
30-05-2014, 09:52 PM
IMO a world class CB takes a good 15 goals off our against column...

best get 2, takes pressure off the attack that teams will now be able to break down.

Jeterpool
02-06-2014, 09:38 PM
Lambert signed. Official

Bremsstrahlung
02-06-2014, 11:42 PM
Not bad for 4M.
Was hoping for a few more pre workd cup. Most players probably hoping their stocks rise

Jeterpool
03-06-2014, 07:25 AM
Moreno medical is getting organised. Lallana has apparently told Soton he wants to leave but not so far as a formal transfer request yet

pv4
03-06-2014, 07:31 AM
4-5m for Lambert, even considering his age, is an awesome signing. Good story that he's a former Pool player too. Good work there!

Bremsstrahlung
03-06-2014, 08:19 AM
Moreno medical is getting organised. Lallana has apparently told Soton he wants to leave but not so far as a formal transfer request yet

I think it's inevitable he will leave.
Just out of curiosity, what effect does a formal transfer request have? It's made out to be some big thing. But does it force the clubs hand in any way? Or is it basically just a I don't want to play here, I'm not gonna play well if you keep me. Seems a easy way to lower your value.

Premy
03-06-2014, 09:54 AM
Just out of curiosity, what effect does a formal transfer request have? It's made out to be some big thing. But does it force the clubs hand in any way? Or is it basically just a I don't want to play here, I'm not gonna play well if you keep me. Seems a easy way to lower your value.
Usually when a player is transferred both the player and agent are entitled to a small percentage of the transfer fee(around 5% I think), if a transfer request is submitted by the player he negates his entitlement to his percent of the transfer fee.
Also it's a PR risk too if a player comes out and puts in a official transfer request then ends up not getting a transfer not only will it upset the fans but who wants to play with someone who doesn't want to be in the team.

Bremsstrahlung
03-06-2014, 10:00 AM
Thanks Premy. Assumed the PR would be a bad move. Eg Suarez saying he wanted to play for Madrid. All but putting in a request.
Didn't know about the fee though. To be it would lessen his value in the market. Knowing that the club have to get rid of him.

Jeterpool
03-06-2014, 04:10 PM

Usually when a player is transferred both the player and agent are entitled to a small percentage of the transfer fee(around 5% I think), if a transfer request is submitted by the player he negates his entitlement to his percent of the transfer fee.
Also it's a PR risk too if a player comes out and puts in a official transfer request then ends up not getting a transfer not only will it upset the fans but who wants to play with someone who doesn't want to be in the team.

Thanks Premy. Assumed the PR would be a bad move. Eg Suarez saying he wanted to play for Madrid. All but putting in a request.
Didn't know about the fee though. To be it would lessen his value in the market. Knowing that the club have to get rid of him.

THere is also the loyalty bonus that long serving players get as a part of their contract (if negotiated). A formal tranfer requests negated this because then the player has instigated the move, not the selling club. Usually the buying club will offset this of that's the case.

MFKS
04-06-2014, 04:25 AM
Rumour doing the rounds in Uruguay is Luis Suarez to Man Utd for squillions

Premy
04-06-2014, 06:43 AM
Rumour doing the rounds in Uruguay is Luis Suarez to Man Utd for squillions
Similar to reports over here, media will do anything to sell a paper this is one of the most ridiculous reports ever.

redwah
04-06-2014, 05:42 PM
Wouldn't sell him to the mancs for more money than the glazers can leverage against all they own....wouldn't sell him to anyone for anything for that matter.

parksey
04-06-2014, 06:04 PM
absolutely nothing more than trying to sell papers

no true united fan would want a bar of him anyway

hawk
05-06-2014, 12:15 AM

true? no such thing and yes they would. be just another step in buying the comp back

snake
05-06-2014, 05:34 AM

Had a better season last year than ronaldo's best at man utd, in a worse team. all would be forgotten by his 5th goal or so.

pv4
05-06-2014, 08:21 AM

:rof: :rof: :rof:

You're a funny man, parksey.

plague
05-06-2014, 12:49 PM
It ain't happening.
They ain't selling to another EPL club, especially mid table fodder like United.

parksey
05-06-2014, 01:34 PM
i would genuinely rather die

pv4
05-06-2014, 02:42 PM
i would genuinely rather die

:rof:

pv4
05-06-2014, 08:24 PM
Emre Can - anyone actually watched him? Any good? Would they sign Lallana as well as him?

Jeterpool
05-06-2014, 08:37 PM
Emre Can - anyone actually watched him? Any good? Would they sign Lallana as well as him?

Yes they'd still sign lallana. Can has signed as the DM or Hendo role. Lallana would play behind SaS.

Bremsstrahlung
05-06-2014, 09:09 PM
Can would be an understudy for gerrard at DM. Can he also play a bit of LB?
If he's purely DM, see ya Lucas Leiva.

Jeterpool
05-06-2014, 09:23 PM
Can would be an understudy for gerrard at DM. Can he also play a bit of LB?
If he's purely DM, see ya Lucas Leiva.

He's not purely a DM. I've seen him described as the sort player SG was as a youngster. Ability to hit accurate long balls, good passing range.

Premy
05-06-2014, 11:03 PM
Lambert £4mil
Can £9mil
Lallana £25mil
Moreno £16mil

That leaves £6mil for us to get a Center Half if Rodgers only has £60mil. I've seen we're link we Keita again who is a Bosman but his also 34.

Jeterpool
06-06-2014, 06:35 AM
Rodgers has more than £60 million available I think. Especially when we've been linked with shaqiri, Loveren, Markovic (instead of Lallana)

Plus there were photos going round yesterday of Ayre on his way to Barca.

Jeterpool
06-06-2014, 07:03 AM
Mind you he could be spending Suarez cash....just a thought. Marca came out overnight with an article.

I think Aguero would be more achievable and better value for money than Suarez for Madrid.

Bremsstrahlung
06-06-2014, 07:23 AM
Mind you he could be spending Suarez cash....just a thought. Marca came out overnight with an article.

I think Aguero would be more achievable and better value for money than Suarez for Madrid.

Yeh I think Rodgers has a bit more than that.
I imagine their reported bid of 70M would be laughed at, considering Bale went for 100M and Suarez could offer much more.
Interested to know what Suarez's clause is. And if he'd want to leave. The feeling is that we are building another title push and we now have champions league.

goaliepersempre
06-06-2014, 05:28 PM
Shaqiri :blush: :wub:

hawk
07-06-2014, 08:01 PM
Yeh, probably a bad choice of words to say "a lot", i think Lallana would be a good buy. And i hope we can get him in. But, 30M is a big inflation. His age is in his favour and I think Rodgers would nurture him well.
A few players, not necessarily better than Lallana.
I wish we had signed Cabaye to be honest. PSG bought him for 19M.
Thauvin for <20M
Could probably get Alonso for <20M if he fancied a reunion with Gerrard.
Remy Cabella from Montepllier
Draxler
Coentrao as a LB option
Shaqiri

under 20m, well picked

You Liverpool fans, of all people, should know and accept that any English player has a giant inflation on him.

Apart from Alonso, who is a short-term option more than anything, the names you have mentioned Brem are all unproven in the EPL. It's definately a gamble to peg big short-term hopes on a player that you'll be spending 20m+ for who may need time to acclimatize to the league.

Gerrard is on his way out, the longer Suarez actually stays around the more Spanish clubs will circle him - IMO Liverpools genuine title hopes will be gone within a year or two. You guys need to do what you can now. Alonso, maybe, or Lallana IMO would be your best midfield bets.

Apparently Poch wants to use his relationship to get Lallana at Sp*rs, as phernz said, so this will only drive his price up more as Levy has no issues spending.

Id be more worried about how Arsenal have seemingly recruited well but have won next to nothing in 10 years instead of spreading doom and gloom above.

Bremsstrahlung
21-06-2014, 09:17 AM
Shaqiri looked pretty good in a losing team this morning. Pretty quick and nimble, willing to take people on. If we can get him or Lallana in, + a decent CB + Moreno/LB, we look good.

Sterling is having a blinder considering his age and inexperience. Sturridge doing well. If Sterling works on his shooting, he is going to be unstoppable next EPL season.

hawk
21-06-2014, 11:30 PM
at least 2 Wclass backs or surely they could afford to buy costa rican squad

Bremsstrahlung
26-06-2014, 09:52 AM
Well, Shaqiri's stocks just rose.

Thomas477
26-06-2014, 12:48 PM
Well, Shaqiri's stocks just rose.

And so it should, he's a great player. Anything under 30,000,000 GBP is a bargain tbh.

Bremsstrahlung
28-06-2014, 12:43 AM
Lol at the last anfield wrap trying to think of a way to give suarez a break so he doesn't burn out. Hindsight ffs

Bremsstrahlung
01-07-2014, 09:00 PM
Lallana a done deal.
£25M

Jeterpool
02-07-2014, 07:17 AM
Should be a good player for us.

GazFish35
02-07-2014, 07:33 AM
Lallana a done deal.
£25M

Spending the Suarez money already.

Jeterpool
02-07-2014, 11:40 AM
Spending the Suarez money already.

I don't believe so. Liverpool were negotiating with him prior.

I think, however, they stopped haggling over a few million because of Suarez's actions because they are getting ready for his sale. His bite has caused the club to lose patience with him but before then he was definitely planning to be involved in the champions league campaign

la bazzle
02-07-2014, 11:44 AM
Lol Liverpool if they do sell Suarez because of the little nibble, no wonder they never win anything

Bremsstrahlung
02-07-2014, 04:23 PM
Idk.
If what he has done is perceived worldwide as being so so so terrible, why is Barcelona coming in for him? Barca seem to be a club very concerned about their "image" and signing the number 1 controversial player at the moment, surely isn't very good PR.
According to the vast majority of people: If Liverpool hold onto him, we are encouraging his behaviour. But sell him to Barca for $$$$$ and nobody puts shit on Barca? Go figure.

Tbh, if we could do Suarez = Sanchez + $$$ and get Shaqiri I'd take that.

Premy
02-07-2014, 05:02 PM
Sanchez+$$$ and get James Rodriguez.

Bremsstrahlung
02-07-2014, 05:13 PM
James Rodriguez.

Madrid are apparently after him for 40M. At 22, he's probably worth it.

Jackson Martinez (27) - 60 appearances for Porto - 46 goals, 29 caps for Colombia and 10 goals. Not that we'd be interested, but i darseay, Porto produce some brilliant players.

Premy
02-07-2014, 05:42 PM
Madrid are apparently after him for 40M. At 22, he's probably worth it.

Jackson Martinez (27) - 60 appearances for Porto - 46 goals, 29 caps for Colombia and 10 goals. Not that we'd be interested, but i darseay, Porto produce some brilliant players.
I'm not sure if his on the radar of Liverpool but would be a great replacement for Suarez IMO. That's if Fenway reinvest the Suarez money.

Bremsstrahlung
02-07-2014, 06:31 PM
Fark, media beat up on Suarez is well and truly underway.

Barcelona made little secret of their intentions on Tuesday when their sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta described Suarez as “humble” for having apologised to Giorgio Chiellini on Monday for biting the Italian.

Zubizarreta was speaking at a press conference to introduce the club’s new Croatian midfield signing Ivan Rakitic. Asked about the club’s potential interest in Suarez, Zubizarreta said: “Suarez has shown he is humble enough to admit an error, which is very important.

akitic, signed for £14m from Seville said: “The fact he [Suarez] has had the character and the strength to go in front of everyone and say sorry says a lot about him as a person.

“Not every person has that strength to admit they have done something stupid. I rarely say that I am wrong so this says a lot about him, he has shown the character and strength he has so he should be commended for that.

What a crock of shit.

My biggest annoyance is that, the whole world condemned him for his actions, which were undoubtedly unacceptable. His actions polarised LFC fans and despite his indiscretions i'd say half were somewhat willing to stand by him, see out the "harsh" ban and expected the club to counsel and support him through it. These fans were subsequently condemned.
Seems like Barca has had a whisper to him/agent "Apologise Luis and we'll come rescue you". He apologised, good on him. (the thoughts of an apology did not seem to matter previously, as "this is the 3rd time...he won't change")
Now, it appears, because Barca can look past it and fork out 80M+ for him, the rest of the world can too.

GazFish35
02-07-2014, 06:52 PM
They're more than a club.
They're apparently a rehab centre for biters.

Will be interesting to see what Craig foster makes of his beloved barca buying a biter.

Jeterpool
02-07-2014, 08:14 PM
I'm not sure if his on the radar of Liverpool but would be a great replacement for Suarez IMO. That's if Fenway reinvest the Suarez money.

Origi is on the radar I think.

leftrightout
02-07-2014, 09:52 PM
Origi is on the radar I think.

Yeah I heard that this morning! If they get rid of suarez and somehow pick up all of these players signed and rumoured (Sanchez, shaqiri, origi, emre, lallana etc) they are going to be pretty bloody strong still... But really they need much better defence before they are really a chance at winning. Their central defenders are shocking!

plague
02-07-2014, 09:58 PM
Yeah I heard that this morning! If they get rid of suarez and somehow pick up all of these players signed and rumoured (Sanchez, shaqiri, origi, emre, lallana etc) they are going to be pretty bloody strong still...

They should ring Spurs first to see how that whole theory works........

plague
02-07-2014, 09:59 PM
Lol Liverpool if they do sell Suarez because of the little nibble, no wonder they never win anything

This x 100,000,000,000

parksey
03-07-2014, 12:50 AM
Idk.
If what he has done is perceived worldwide as being so so so terrible, why is Barcelona coming in for him? Barca seem to be a club very concerned about their "image" and signing the number 1 controversial player at the moment, surely isn't very good PR.
According to the vast majority of people: If Liverpool hold onto him, we are encouraging his behaviour. But sell him to Barca for $$$$$ and nobody puts shit on Barca? Go figure.

Tbh, if we could do Suarez = Sanchez + $$$ and get Shaqiri I'd take that.

barca are full of scumbags.

redwah
03-07-2014, 07:46 AM
Suarez didn't go in front of anyone and apologies, he used a social media account with a carefully worded statement that didn't actually admit to biting anyone. It could have been anyone given access to his account.

If he is so keen to be away make him go in front of the cameras and say he bit him and say I want to leave liverpool.

As far as the club goes they should simply tell Barca 100M or nothing....he scored more than bale did in less games and is a better player.

Screw them and Suarez he shows no respect to the game or the clu by his actions.

Jeterpool
03-07-2014, 08:09 AM
Suarez didn't go in front of anyone and apologies, he used a social media account with a carefully worded statement that didn't actually admit to biting anyone. It could have been anyone given access to his account.

If he is so keen to be away make him go in front of the cameras and say he bit him and say I want to leave liverpool.

As far as the club goes they should simply tell Barca 100M or nothing....he scored more than bale did in less games and is a better player.

Screw them and Suarez he shows no respect to the game or the clu by his actions.

I think the problem is Suarez has a release clause of 80 million pounds in his contract. Looking at how FSG handled the drama last year, I expect them to stick to their guns and get every penny they are entitled to in the contract the Suarez signed and agree to with the club.

Sanchez will be thrown in, but Im reading he isn't interested in Liverpool. He prefers other options. However, I can see with FFP Barca may have to sell him to fund a move for Suarez regardless. Hopefully Madrid come in and it COULD start a bidding war. Mind you if both offer 80 million it'll be down to who gives his agent the biggest cut.

Premy
03-07-2014, 09:40 AM
I think the problem is Suarez has a release clause of 80 million pounds in his contract. Looking at how FSG handled the drama last year, I expect them to stick to their guns and get every penny they are entitled to in the contract the Suarez signed and agree to with the club.

Sanchez will be thrown in, but Im reading he isn't interested in Liverpool. He prefers other options. However, I can see with FFP Barca may have to sell him to fund a move for Suarez regardless. Hopefully Madrid come in and it COULD start a bidding war. Mind you if both offer 80 million it'll be down to who gives his agent the biggest cut.
If Bale is worth 90mil then Suarez for 80mil is a bargain I could be getting figures confused with €/£ but if I'm not then Barcelona should be happy to pay £80mil

hawk
03-07-2014, 10:31 AM
barca are full of scumbags.

nah they're all at Madrid & Manure

hawk
03-07-2014, 10:32 AM
Can we not make impulsive buys on the back of emotional cup rollercoaster

Porbably time to let suarez go specially if its o/s

la bazzle
03-07-2014, 04:01 PM
Porbably time to let suarez go specially if its o/s

Then u lot will have no chance next season, last season was much more fun when u dudes were challenging, then choking slipping etc. Won't get a chance to come close enough to slip without him

plague
03-07-2014, 04:30 PM
You win titles with the best players, not the best morals.
Barca etc treating Liverpool like mugs. Steal the bloke then win trophies while Reds win merit awards from the local hippies.
Keep Suarez and try and win.
Only option.

parksey
03-07-2014, 06:49 PM
sometimes there's more to life than just winning

q-money
03-07-2014, 06:55 PM
like biting blokes and being a mad ****

la bazzle
03-07-2014, 08:07 PM

It is what it is

Mitchy
03-07-2014, 09:00 PM
Even better when Liverpool don't know what winning feels like..

plague
03-07-2014, 10:58 PM

Correct.
Except when it's your job to win.

plague
04-07-2014, 09:39 AM
Although the rumoured Sanchez + £40m for Suarez is pretty good. I'd be taking that.

Bremsstrahlung
04-07-2014, 10:51 AM
Before this Barca speculation, After the bite, i'd assumed the world had virtually lost patience with him. However, Barca and their offer has somewhat dampened the hate/publicity the bite/penalty would've received. I honestly don't know how I feel about selling him now.
Missing him until November is a big blow...But if we get results prior, he'll come in at a stage where we dropped points last year. Newcastle, Chelsea, Palace, Stoke and Leicester are the first 5 games for him to eligible to play. We only really miss him against City/Spurs/Everton. However, keeping him, one more incident and i imagine the ban to be quite substantial and his value to drop.
Sell him and we sell our best player, and the reason why we were so brilliant last year. While Sanchez is a brilliant player, there's still a risk that he won't adapt to EPL football as we've seen so often when players change leagues. But it may be worthy to cash in now, for somebody who can play an extra 9 (EPL) + 3(UCL) games. Especially this season with additional $$$ for UCL 15/16 qualification.

Pretty indifferent really.
Really hoping we did some good ground work on Shaqiri prior to this WC. He was mentioned once or twice..Standout for the Swiss and looks quite similar to Suarez in his ability to just turn it on.

hawk
05-07-2014, 12:20 AM
shiq wont have a strike rate of suarez. Sanchez can stick it in

hawk
05-07-2014, 12:25 AM
Then u lot will have no chance next season, last season was much more fun when u dudes were challenging, then choking slipping etc. Won't get a chance to come close enough to slip without him

there was no challenge last season or next. Like arsenal just gettin into champs league is the aim

parksey
05-07-2014, 12:38 AM
Correct.
Except when it's your job to win.

there's more to life than your job.

GazFish35
05-07-2014, 01:02 AM
What if your internal happiness was dependent on winning?
And this internal happiness drives your ability to maintain positive relationships with your friends and family?

If winning isn't important why do ManU fans keep count of the number of titles they've won?

la bazzle
05-07-2014, 04:41 AM
Lol if anyone thinks shaqiri is anywhere near Suarez.
Yes he had a good World Cup but not that good over the whole season

plague
05-07-2014, 09:29 AM
Great point being circulated today that Suarez (a banned player) is going to a club (Barca) that was banned from transfers.

FIFA!!!

and some of you think they are taking the WC away from Qatar.

plague
05-07-2014, 09:30 AM
there's more to life than your job.
Correct.
But I don't really have a job though.

RUOK Parksey?

plague
05-07-2014, 10:29 AM
£80m but no Sanchez and the Suarez deal is done according to bored 16yr olds on Twitter.
So they've got what, 2 weeks to sign a world class replacement?

hawk
08-07-2014, 10:05 PM
Lol if anyone thinks shaqiri is anywhere near Suarez.
Yes he had a good World Cup but not that good over the whole season

I thought he was a little show at first but be he did step up when things got tough. Got nothin on sewarez.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2683910/Luis-Suarez-Barcelona-held-Liverpools-demands-75million-front.html

pv4
12-07-2014, 06:30 AM
What fee did Suarez go for? I've read £60m, £65m, £80m and £90m.

Jeterpool
12-07-2014, 06:43 AM
What fee did Suarez go for? I've read £60m, £65m, £80m and £90m.

I think it's £75. Ajax get a 6.5% cut apparently.

Bremsstrahlung
12-07-2014, 01:55 PM
Norwich keeper tweeting that he should get a cut as well hahaha.

Bremsstrahlung
16-07-2014, 01:39 PM
So Markovic all but done.
Shaqiri looking to move to us or Roma.
Reus rumour mill. Ballotelli rumoured to have his price rage at 14M now.

Next 2 weeks are going to be crazy everywhere.

Jeterpool
16-07-2014, 03:36 PM
So Markovic all but done.
Shaqiri looking to move to us or Roma.
Reus rumour mill. Ballotelli rumoured to have his price rage at 14M now.

Next 2 weeks are going to be crazy everywhere.

Markovic confirmed.

Aspas to Seville on loan, option to buy.

We're still at the table with Moreno but we're now moving onto other left back options. I think it'll be Ben Davies

goaliepersempre
16-07-2014, 08:53 PM
Shaqiri isnt the same player as a Saurez... Amazing potential and quality...

But he wont leave Munich

Jeterpool
20-07-2014, 03:06 PM
Sold Borini for 12 million and Remy reportedly signed for 8.5.

Certainly a good bit of business there and an upgrade on Borini

hawk
23-07-2014, 05:17 PM
Should jump on a deal for Dimaria. No brainer and available

Jeterpool
23-07-2014, 05:23 PM
Sold Borini for 12 million and Remy reportedly signed for 8.5.

Certainly a good bit of business there and an upgrade on Borini

Boring rejected move.. Thinks he's going to play this season...ummmm no

Bremsstrahlung
23-07-2014, 05:57 PM
Boring rejected move.. Thinks he's going to play this season...ummmm no

Been talking to Skrtel too much.
Borini for Remy would have been great business! Especially at those values.
However, WOuldn't mind having him if he's going to be working his ass off trying to impress.

Jeterpool
23-07-2014, 05:58 PM
Been talking to Skrtel too much.
Borini for Remy would have been great business! Especially at those values.
However, WOuldn't mind having him if he's going to be working his ass off trying to impress.

I think there's another twist with borini Brem

Bremsstrahlung
24-07-2014, 07:00 PM
The goal we conceded was pretty lolsy. Saw last 10 minutes. Nothing special.
Peterson I'd getting a bit if game time

plague
24-07-2014, 08:30 PM
The goal we conceded was pretty lolsy. Saw last 10 minutes. Nothing special.
Peterson I'd getting a bit if game time

Rodgers out.

Bremsstrahlung
24-07-2014, 08:38 PM
Rodgers out.

(Just incase you thought i was criticising it: The game was a crock of shit really. Most pre season friendlies are. The goal was one of those things you watch and just laugh. Kudos to the Roma player for celebrating the OGGY in a trial....absolutely unremarkable in any way other than they ran around for 90 minutes).

PC14
25-07-2014, 08:46 AM
I think there's another twist with borini Brem

Yep. A shoulder injury!

pv4
25-07-2014, 09:05 AM
Apparently Remy is on 80k p/w wages - that's massive! Can see why Arsenal decided not to buy him.

Borini sounds like he's on path to spend a season with the reserves :rof: crazy that Sunderland were apparently willing to pay £14m though!

Jeterpool
25-07-2014, 11:01 AM
Apparently Remy is on 80k p/w wages - that's massive! Can see why Arsenal decided not to buy him.

Borini sounds like he's on path to spend a season with the reserves :rof: crazy that Sunderland were apparently willing to pay £14m though!

He asked for 90, but i've read it's 60.

I reckon he'll be on performance based contract which most of the squad are now on.

MFKS
25-07-2014, 11:55 AM
Sell Suarez sign a pile of Crud to replace.

Exactly the same recipe why clubs struggle to stay in the elite when they make progress to get there

No UCL next season

la bazzle
25-07-2014, 06:00 PM
Sell Suarez sign a pile of Crud to replace.

Exactly the same recipe why clubs struggle to stay in the elite when they make progress to get there

No UCL next season

Me agree

furns
27-07-2014, 12:47 AM
GDay all,
LFC NSW is pleased to finally launch our revamped website and supporters club memberships for the new season. Please go to lfcnsw.com for details. Please click the membership tab for benefits and a short membership promo video.
If you purchase an LFC NSW membership before the season begins, you will be entered into a draw to win a signed Jamie Carragher shirt thanks to JC23 Foundation and Cheers Bar.

boz-monaut
27-07-2014, 07:56 PM
it looks like I'll be in England in October and could potentially go to the QPR away game (19/10) and/or the Champions League game if it's at home (21/10)

has anyone got any way it might be possible to get tickets? Furns? any contacts?

MFKS
27-07-2014, 08:01 PM
From past experience UCL games were easy to access tickets as unless it is a belter match up not every season ticket holder fronts as they have to pay match by match

plague
27-07-2014, 08:24 PM
it looks like I'll be in England in October and could potentially go to the QPR away game (19/10) and/or the Champions League game if it's at home (21/10)

has anyone got any way it might be possible to get tickets? Furns? any contacts?

I used livefootballtickets.com to get home tix at Anfield vs Spurs.
Service is legit and they had heaps of ticket options. You'll pay overs for In demand games but for once in a lifetime events what's a couple of extra bucks.
We had a chance to go to QPR v United a couple of years back and could have easily picked up tix on the day everyone told us QPR don't sell out very often even though it's a smallish ground.

furns
27-07-2014, 08:34 PM

Yeah mate send me a text

BodyNovo
28-07-2014, 08:38 AM
i rocked up to QPR for there playoff game in May and the ground was sold out, could have scalped tickets for ridiculous amounts of money, had a chat to a guy at the local pub and he said the only time they get a sell out is a playoff game or any fixture v a london club/top 4 club as one entire end is given to the away fans.

Bremsstrahlung
28-07-2014, 08:55 AM
Lovren for £20M.
Not sure he's a better than Sakho, Agger and/or Skrtel. I think we will lose Agger or Skrtel.
I'm puzzled why they made Agger Vice captain if they don't really see a future for him at anfield.
Would like Henderson to get vice Captaincy this season.

Jeterpool
28-07-2014, 09:06 AM
Remy deal off- failed his medical. Apparently

Premy
28-07-2014, 09:24 AM
Lovren for £20M.
Not sure he's a better than Sakho, Agger and/or Skrtel. I think we will lose Agger or Skrtel.
I'm puzzled why they made Agger Vice captain if they don't really see a future for him at anfield.
Would like Henderson to get vice Captaincy this season.

I think Agger will stay along with Skrtel & Sahko but Toure will probably be forced out.

Bremsstrahlung
28-07-2014, 07:34 PM
Apparently we have put in a formal offer for Shaqiri. £14.2M. Absolute bargain if we get him for that.
Offer of £12-14M for Origi also doing the rounds.

Jeterpool
28-07-2014, 07:44 PM
Apparently we have put in a formal offer for Shaqiri. £14.2M. Absolute bargain if we get him for that.
Offer of £12-14M for Origi also doing the rounds.

Remy deal fell through apparently due to heart issue.

Origi will remain on loan at Lille for the next season. I've heard he's having his medical in the US now.

furns
28-07-2014, 09:05 PM
I think Agger will stay along with Skrtel & Sahko but Toure will probably be forced out.Reckon Agger will go now that Lovren is in. Main two will be Lovren/sahko with Skrtel as backup. We still have Illori and Coates on the books and at least one of them will go too

hawk
28-07-2014, 09:50 PM
Lambert does some decent stuff but really at 32. probs be the best on park but.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEEufv5aNLw

Jeterpool
29-07-2014, 05:30 AM
Reckon Agger will go now that Lovren is in. Main two will be Lovren/sahko with Skrtel as backup. We still have Illori and Coates on the books and at least one of them will go too

I agree

la bazzle
29-07-2014, 05:41 AM
Imagine if Southampton beat liverpool in rd 1.....lols all round

hawk
01-08-2014, 12:01 AM
Imagine if Southampton beat liverpool in rd 1.....lols all round

be playin themselves

and in other news

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard, 34, admits he told Luis Suarez, 27,
not to sign for Arsenal last summer because the Uruguay forward was "too good for them".

Bremsstrahlung
04-08-2014, 04:07 PM
Rumour mill in full swing.
Balotelli and lavezzi the new ones.
Think balotelli is a bit too much of a sideshow for Rodgers, though after suarez I think he could manage him. Dares at balotelli is more of a beat up than lavezzi rumours

Jeterpool
04-08-2014, 05:30 PM
Rodgers has already come out and said we aren't going after Balotelli.

furns
04-08-2014, 05:34 PM
Rodgers has already dismissed the Balo rumour

Bremsstrahlung
05-08-2014, 11:27 AM
rather comical game vs man u

plague
05-08-2014, 12:27 PM
Rodgers out.
Yellow kit out.

Suarez has just been re-valued at 150 million pounds.

Bremsstrahlung
05-08-2014, 01:15 PM
Didn't mind watching the yellow in action tbh. Skrtel looked Lala all in yellow. Third would be the best kit this season imo.
Home looks a downgrade on last years. Last years looks class.
Would like to see last years home keeper kit be the away strip.
https://38.media.tumblr.com/964f9bfbd861df01eff898fae70fb5be/tumblr_n9puegOLco1qkjio8o1_1280.jpg
http://wap.parrette.net/TELETUBBIES_WEB/GRAPHICS/ttlLaaLaaAndBall.jpg

hawk
05-08-2014, 04:59 PM
Rodgers out.
Yellow kit out.

Suarez has just been re-valued at 150 million pounds.

were they like this far right

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130704190440/football/en/images/8/8a/Liverpool_FC_kits%2C_1986-87.png

plague
05-08-2014, 09:31 PM
were they like this far right

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130704190440/football/en/images/8/8a/Liverpool_FC_kits%2C_1986-87.png

More like this
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111026183334/characters/images/c/ca/Ronald-mcdonald.jpg

Bremsstrahlung
16-08-2014, 05:26 PM
Lavezzi or Bony looking likely now.
Lavezzi turns down new PSG contract.
PSG told him to leave. Juve and Inter interested in a loan, but PSG want $$$$.

Interesting to see if Lovren starts and if so, whether its Skrtel or Sakho to miss out.

----------------------------Mignolet

Johnson/Manquilo ---Lovren----Skrtel -----Johnson/Manquilo/Enrique

------------------Gerrard--------------Can

Henderson----------------Sterling--------------Coutinho

---------------------------Sturridge

possibly swapping Sterling With Hendo if we want to play 4-3-3

furns
16-08-2014, 09:39 PM
Lavezzi or Bony looking likely now.
Lavezzi turns down new PSG contract.
PSG told him to leave. Juve and Inter interested in a loan, but PSG want $$$$.

Interesting to see if Lovren starts and if so, whether its Skrtel or Sakho to miss out.

----------------------------Mignolet

Johnson/Manquilo ---Lovren----Skrtel -----Johnson/Manquilo/Enrique

------------------Gerrard--------------Can

Henderson----------------Sterling--------------Coutinho

---------------------------Sturridge

possibly swapping Sterling With Hendo if we want to play 4-3-3Lavezzi is much better value from what I am reading.

hawk
18-08-2014, 12:14 AM
Coutinho goes off liverpool attack improves

la bazzle
18-08-2014, 12:22 AM
Gee whizz buy a lottery ticket liverpoo fans

Bremsstrahlung
18-08-2014, 12:33 AM
Lucky there...
Will take it though.
Need another striker. Lavezzi would be a good fit.
Henderson will be immense this year.
I've said it before Sterling will be the next big thing.

Brushed a few cobwebs off. Big one next week.

plague
18-08-2014, 11:06 AM
Thought Lovren played well.

De-Champ
18-08-2014, 01:13 PM
Lucky there...
Will take it though.
Need another striker. Lavezzi would be a good fit.
Henderson will be immense this year.
I've said it before Sterling will be the next big thing.

Brushed a few cobwebs off. Big one next week.

Lavezzi is not a striker. But would be a good fit.

hawk
18-08-2014, 02:14 PM
Gee whizz buy a lottery ticket liverpoo fans

you're turning into parksey or just maybe....

la bazzle
18-08-2014, 03:20 PM
I am parkseys multi. That Long miss though geeeez

hawk
18-08-2014, 06:56 PM
I am parkseys multi. That Long miss though geeeez

rof, gutgw

hawk
21-08-2014, 08:37 PM
dont want balotelli, I want Dimaria

plague
21-08-2014, 10:37 PM
dont want balotelli

It will be good to see Q-man wearing a Reds shirt though.

Jetmaster
22-08-2014, 08:41 AM
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28878088

So Balotelli going to Scousers for 16 million quid - discuss.

Bremsstrahlung
22-08-2014, 09:10 AM
Happy.
For 16M he's a good buy.
If Rodgers can contain the circus that seems to follow balotelli around, we could be onto something.

Not my first choice (I'm still dirty we didn't sign shaqiri) but he is a worldy that we desperately needed.

Premy
22-08-2014, 09:41 AM
City to Milan £19mil
Milan to Liverpool £16mil
(Attention Mr Woodward that's how you do business, tell player you want them "privately", downplay your interest of player in the media, drive the price down and accept a cut price offer. Masterstoke from Rodgers and Ayre.)

Looking through my rose colored glasses.
Arguably his a better player since he left the BPL a little older, hopefully a little wiser and if not for anything else his going to be a laugh.

hawk
22-08-2014, 09:55 PM
Happy.
For 16M he's a good buy.
If Rodgers can contain the circus that seems to follow balotelli around, we could be onto something.

Not my first choice (I'm still dirty we didn't sign shaqiri) but he is a worldy that we desperately needed.

the circus is in his head, pretty much cant stop it. seems to have decent scoring rate when paired with other top class players.

MFKS
23-08-2014, 08:28 AM
So Liverpool got rid of Suarez despite his talents and ability as he was becoming a too much of a distraction etc with his antics.

As a replacement they sign Ballotelli.

Umm like he is gonna be less issues

Jetmaster
23-08-2014, 09:46 AM
Suarez wanted out and the offer was good.

parksey
23-08-2014, 03:48 PM
good player but he's always going to be a liability.

Bon
23-08-2014, 03:55 PM
good player but he's always going to be a liability.

He definitely has that X-Factor..
Only problem is that you never know if it will be brilliance or stupidity..

Jeterpool
23-08-2014, 08:55 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7U6LpvNzIeY

I just hope this bloke starts calling liverpool games if Balo signs

hawk
25-08-2014, 09:12 PM
75mill pound inc bonus for Dimaria. pretty effective but just too much

plague
26-08-2014, 03:13 PM
Revised figure:
Luis Suarez is now worth approx $250m.

Frodo
26-08-2014, 05:04 PM
City to Milan £19mil
Milan to Liverpool £16mil
(Attention Mr Woodward that's how you do business, tell player you want them "privately", downplay your interest of player in the media, drive the price down and accept a cut price offer. Masterstoke from Rodgers and Ayre.)

Looking through my rose colored glasses.
Arguably his a better player since he left the BPL a little older, hopefully a little wiser and if not for anything else his going to be a laugh.

Haha, No one else wanted him and Milan had already been knocked back by multiple clubs. So your wonderful theory is to buy players that no one else wants? I'm not saying it's a bad idea but don't talk it up as brilliance on Liverpool's behalf. They are taking a big gamble and kudos to them. Arsenal were working on a deal with him until his performance at the world cup and then decided he wasn't worth the money. He will either be the best buy of the window or the worst, he has no middle ground. At least you have an option off the bench who will be hungry to play if Mario doesn't turn up.

Bremsstrahlung
26-08-2014, 05:49 PM
Revised figure:
Luis Suarez is now worth approx $250m.

Compared to Di Maria, he's worth a wholeeeeee lot more.

hawk
26-08-2014, 10:26 PM
Lp too soft against city. get stuck in ya poophs

Bremsstrahlung
28-08-2014, 10:24 AM
Liverpool FC could still make a £20m bid for Bayern Munich's Xherdan Shaqiri, according to the website Football Talk .

Shaqiri had been linked with a move to Anfield earlier in the summer but Brendan Rodgers signed Adam Lallana and Lazar Markovic.

But it is now reported that Rodgers could return to sign the Swiss international before the transfer window closes on Monday.

Shaqiri made just 17 appearances for Bayern last term, leading to reports that he is seeking a move away from the German champions.

If we sign shaqiri :wub:

pv4
28-08-2014, 10:30 AM
Shaqiri doesn't want to leave Germany, I swear I've seen him say it multiple times.

MFKS
28-08-2014, 11:14 AM
Lp too soft against city. get stuck in ya poophs
No Need to get stuck in.

We can just reminisce about the last couple of weeks of last season when Liverpool fell in a hole:sup:

hawk
28-08-2014, 11:26 AM
gypo comment, nice.

yep, they over achieved and were very naughty boys for doing it.

now back to this year. need to harden up in defence. rumour manre after joe allen.

Bremsstrahlung
28-08-2014, 12:23 PM
Shaqiri doesn't want to leave Germany, I swear I've seen him say it multiple times.

I think actually playing would take priority.
Apparently Juventus are favourites.
However I'm surprised Dortmund or laveurkeussn (:sup:) haven't tried to pounce if he is only open to a German offer.

Bremsstrahlung
29-08-2014, 06:11 AM
Not a bad group.
Real Madrid
Basel
Liverpool
Ludogorets - Bulgaria

boz-monaut
29-08-2014, 05:58 PM
so it turns out I'll be in Engerland when Liverpool host Real Madrid

Furns - would there be any chance whatsoever of you pulling strings to get me a ticket to this?

and by you pulling strings I mean who do I have to blow

Bremsstrahlung
01-09-2014, 12:20 AM
Moreno's goal was special. Brilliant run.

hawk
01-09-2014, 01:59 PM
Moreno's goal was special. Brilliant run.

Twas a nice run & hit. I wouldnt have given the pen.

plague
01-09-2014, 02:18 PM
Thought Gerrard had a pretty 'orible game. Allen not great either.
Balo worked hard.

Bremsstrahlung
01-09-2014, 03:16 PM
Balo worked hard.

+1. Gerrard has been disappointing. But he started last year slow as well. It worries me when his passes are intercepted, as this is one of the main reasons he is still in the team.

Allen should be used on 60-70 for Coutinho. Allen can defensively tighten things up, or spark a bit of movement to attack more. He's almost more of an impact as a substitute than when he starts.

Manquillo 2 yellows from 2 games. Flanno will be looking forward to coming back.

Will be good to lallana come back, keen to see what he can add.

Balotelli could've easily had 2-3. He worked harder than i expected, he once tracked back to behind the defence. Though he was just kind of waltzing around in defence at times. I was impressed with his touch and ability to play a pass.

furns
01-09-2014, 11:17 PM
so it turns out I'll be in Engerland when Liverpool host Real Madrid

Furns - would there be any chance whatsoever of you pulling strings to get me a ticket to this?

and by you pulling strings I mean who do I have to blow
Chasing it for ya

furns
01-09-2014, 11:19 PM
Balo worked hard.apart from one 20 second period where he lost possession and got a yellow, he was solid and accurate. Kept the ball and linked the play. What more is he supposed to do ffs?

Bremsstrahlung
02-09-2014, 10:25 AM
Whose the new Vice Captain?
Gerrard obviously Captain.
Used to be Agger.
Third seemed to be Suarez.

My pick would be Henderson.

plague
02-09-2014, 10:41 AM
apart from one 20 second period where he lost possession and got a yellow, he was solid and accurate. Kept the ball and linked the play. What more is he supposed to do ffs?

Allen?
I like him as a player just thought he was below his usual level.
(Key word 'thought') just my opinion tis all.
As for Gerrard I thought his passing and options in attack were not his best. Again, opinion from what I watched.
I watch Henderson nowadays and think he's the best midfielder Liverpool have got (he's playing really well). The fact he missed the last few games last year didn't seem to get the attention it warranted from people looking for a reason why Liverpool didn't hang on to win the title.

Jeterpool
08-09-2014, 04:58 PM
First Sturridge injured with England and now Henderson. FFS

Bremsstrahlung
16-09-2014, 11:04 AM
Henderson new vice captain. Woooh!

Jeterpool
16-09-2014, 11:21 AM
GOod decision

hawk
16-09-2014, 02:27 PM
bet utd finishes above pool

MFKS
16-09-2014, 03:38 PM
bet utd finishes above pool

Big possibility to happen

Jeterpool
17-09-2014, 08:14 AM
Love those European nights

Bremsstrahlung
21-09-2014, 08:57 AM
Long way to go yet, but losses to Aston Villa and West Ham are worrying. missed the game last night, what's going on?

Also, any of you got a galaxy s4? Accidently ordered the wrong LFC case..

hawk
21-09-2014, 09:03 AM
back to mediocrity. such is life.

....the keeper didnt even dive, get a new one. Could just choose Celtic pedo's and win every year

Premy
21-09-2014, 09:14 AM
Long way to go yet, but losses to Aston Villa and West Ham are worrying. missed the game last night, what's going on?

Also, any of you got a galaxy s4? Accidently ordered the wrong LFC case..
How much you want for the case

plague
21-09-2014, 09:47 AM
"You can't win nuffin' with bright yellow uniforms".

la bazzle
21-09-2014, 03:04 PM
theyre on a slippery slope

MFKS
21-09-2014, 03:07 PM
I reckon Southampton must be stoked hocking all those shit players holding them back to Liverfool:wink:

hawk
22-09-2014, 06:54 PM
I reckon Southampton must be stoked hocking all those shit players holding them back to Liverfool:wink:

manu sympathiser, fo

Premy
24-09-2014, 06:07 AM
Liverpool could possibly be playing Brisbane Roar in Brisbane next year.

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/liverpool-in-talks-to-play-defending-aleague-champions-brisbane-roar-at-suncorp-stadium-in-july/story-fnibbux7-1227068368094?nk=86ced7150851668b194e38c6955a2d16

Jeterpool
24-09-2014, 07:46 AM
Epic shootout. 14-13.

pv4
24-09-2014, 12:39 PM
Pool coming back to Aus in July to face Roar.

Will the interest be as great as the Melbourne game, seeing as though it's relatively soon after the last visit?

EDIT: sorry Prem, didn't see your post pal! Beat me to it by several hours :rof: :oops:

MFKS
24-09-2014, 01:01 PM
Pool coming back to Aus in July to face Roar.

Will the interest be as great as the Melbourne game, seeing as though it's relatively soon after the last visit?

EDIT: sorry Prem, didn't see your post pal! Beat me to it by several hours :rof: :oops:

Can't see it being an issue.
Throw in different location so will see so many locals come out to watch. Add in the fact there are more than enough plastic wannabe scousers in this country can not see it being not being sold out anyway

Premy
24-09-2014, 04:03 PM
Tickets will sell fast as long as Brisbane is the only stop, rumors are that it could be Melbourne and Brisbane.
Throw in the potential ICC tournament, I believe Liverpool's following in Aus is large enough and loyal enough to sell out both MCG and Suncorp. If the date doesn't clash with my European trip next year I'll be going to Brisbane.

plague
24-09-2014, 09:31 PM
Planning permission has been granted for the redevelopment of Anfield apparently.
Farewell Stanley Park super stadium.

Premy
24-09-2014, 09:37 PM
Planning permission has been granted for the redevelopment of Anfield apparently.
Farewell Stanley Park super stadium.
Didn't want to get to close to that blue site anyway.

pv4
26-09-2014, 11:57 AM
I know this isn't exactly new news but is it more of a sure thing it will happen now?

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2014/09/26/liverpool-facing-uefa-financial-probe

UEFA is to investigate seven clubs, including European giants Liverpool and Inter, over possible breaches of Financial Fair Play (FFP) regulations.

The CFCB has opened formal investigations into seven clubs (AS Monaco, AS Roma, Besiktas JK, FC Internazionale Milano, FC Krasnodar, Liverpool FC and Sporting Clube de Portugal) as they disclosed a break-even deficit on the basis of their financial reporting periods ending in 2012 and 2013