PDA

View Full Version : L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

hawk
27-09-2014, 11:10 PM
geez the new recruits are slop. Enjoy europe this year, wont be near it next. I am disappoint.

Hendo & sterlz can hold there heads high

Grimario
28-09-2014, 12:41 AM
Cracking finish to get a point. Bloody hell.

Bremsstrahlung
28-09-2014, 10:01 AM
Glad markovic sprints back when he turns it over, cause he turns it over every time.
Gerrard with a great free kick and celebration.
Jagielka but. Phwoar. I'm ok to share the points if that is the equaliser.

Need to sort our shit out. Balotelli, hit the target son, you are getting our best chances and ****ing them up when it's harder to miss.
Should've had the game won in the opening 10 minutes.
Barry should've been sent easily. 3 big fouls. Glad he got a card for his first. Then there was another. Then the handball. How is that not a handball and penalty I'll never know.
First 20 was the intensity we need.

Grimario
28-09-2014, 10:11 AM
Where the **** is Liverpool's movement? There was a point in the first half where Balotelli had the ball on the corner of the box and had zero options. Was a spot in the second half as well where it was in the same corner with Sterling and Coutinho, I think, and they had **** all to do but pass between themselves before they turned it over.

Bremsstrahlung
28-09-2014, 11:55 AM
Whether we like to admit it or not, we are missing suarez.
His raw ability to make something happen when it is a flat game was remarkable and the momentum from these moments spurred us on.
Unfortunately he has gone, balotelli is not as sharp as he should be (the bloke could have 5-6 goals now if he took his good chances), Sturridge is injured and in general we are in a rut.
Need to get sturridge fit so he and balotelli can play off each other.
We have enough talent, Rodgers just needs to figure out how to use it.

hawk
02-10-2014, 07:47 PM
balotelli is not as sharp as he should be (the bloke could have 5-6 goals now if he took his good chances),

is average, was never gonna be anywhere near sewerez. spurs & Bale pt2

Bremsstrahlung
03-10-2014, 11:05 AM
The biggest concern for me, is our defence.
In my opinion, the vast majority of our goals come directly from errors. We are rarely outplayed when we concede. Last year it was own goals, failure to clear, slips, sloppy passing straight to their attackers. If our goals we are letting in were from well structured attacks, counters or something similar i'd be more pessimistic. But i don't think we are being outplayed by any stretch.
I only saw a bit of the basel game as it was busy at work, but it looked like we were going to go on to win or at least keep a point. Until a shitty mistake at the back.

Mignolet is out of form. His weaknesses are starting to be exploited by coaches. The other week, a ball was rolling into his penalty area, if not near his goal area, he could've came early, picked it up easily, and played out, however he left skrtel, who had an attacker hightailing it behind him, to deal with it and put him under a shitload of pressure. Skrtel accordingly blasted him.
But he refuses to come out. Which doesn't suit the way we are trying to play. We want to play a high intensity pressing game, and be quick on the counter. High pressing means there are going to be a) a high line of defence as we press and b) teams are actually going to need to play long balls to get themselves out of trouble. We need him to act as a sweeper or at least come for any balls that are put through.
Brilliant shot stopper though. Keeps us in games with his saves, but as an overall package I'm not sold.

Bremsstrahlung
06-10-2014, 02:35 PM
Better performance. More intense. More creativity. Still a bit off where we should be. But really, a win off Top 4 isn't too bad considering.

Referee was poor. Their penalty, wasn't a penalty. They have a linesman and ref, and the ref had a gooooood long look at it.

Lala's goal was class. that's the kind of spark we need.

Hendo's goal was interesting.
Sterling fouled from behind. Nothing. Gets up, plays it to Henderson. Who slots it. Commentators were saying ref was playing advantage...
I don't think he was gonna give it..Now obviously the outcome is good. But, to say there was an advantage? I disagree. As soon as Sterling is fouled, and falls, there's no immediate advantage, and 99% of refs would call it there and then (if they thought it was a penalty). It's rather lucky that Sterling gets up regathers, passes a player and lays it off to Hendo to hit it through a crowded area.

It was good to see Gerrard playing AM again. Wouldn't mind seeing him given 60min in AM to see how he goes as i don't think he's been playing particularly well at DM.
Sterling is frustrating. He has all the skill, speed and ability to be a great player and gets himself into some great positions, but his touch when en-route to goal needs work. He fixes this, he gets 20+ goals a season. Also rumours he'll be off to Real soon.

Needed this 3 points.

furns
06-10-2014, 02:57 PM
Much better performance = agreed
Stevie @ AM = disagree, don't think he has the legs to play there for an extended period anymore.
Coutinho has been very poor recently, I would be playing Lallana at #10 as soon as Allen is fit and benching Coutinho to use as a sub. Sterling is being overused I think, he and Markovic/Borini need to be interchanged for starting in the front third.
Studge can't get back soon enough.

The win will hopefully instil some badly needed confidence, this team needs to realise they can win and play well without Suarez.

Bremsstrahlung
06-10-2014, 04:12 PM
Stevie @ AM = disagree, don't think he has the legs to play there for an extended period anymore.
Coutinho has been very poor recently, I would be playing Lallana at #10 as soon as Allen is fit and benching Coutinho to use as a sub. Sterling is being overused I think, he and Markovic/Borini need to be interchanged for starting in the front third.
Studge can't get back soon enough.

Re Stevie: It's a bit of a Catch-22. His legs are lacking, which is why Rodgers put him up field vs WBA imo. He wanted Lucas (fresh legs) and Hendo (good engines) sitting deeper so they could more efficiently stop an opposition attack. Which i think is a reasonable tactic. Gerrard often gets caught in no mans land, where attackers easily scoot past him, or he is caught out of position, after playing 80 minutes, the effects are compounded. Playing him AM, means he doesn't have to get back quickly as there should be 9 others behind the ball. Maybe its a good tactic when defending a lead.
It's been so long since we've seen him play in the advanced role to know what he can still offer in attack. I agree, to play him AM definitely sacrifices the sharpness and skill of our other midfield players like Sterling/Lala, but he can hit a decisive pass (Hendo's distribution is a pretty good option also) and a cracking shot. Probably not what you are after if you're trying to score, but a reasonable option if you are trying to kill the game.

I never really understood the Coutinho love tbh. He gets busy when he comes on though. Thought Markovic was rather poor the other week. Would prefer we give him Cup games/lower table games until he's doing well.

Thought Lambert did well. Once Ballo scores his first, the flood gates should open.

Premy
06-10-2014, 05:28 PM
Did you not see his goal against Ludogorets?

Stevie G, Liverpool needs to always be moving forward and IMO Stevie needs to be taken out of the 1st XI. His not getting younger and doesn't have the legs any more, I could see him doing a similar role to Giggs towards the end of his career coming on later in the game when a lot of the pace is gone much like Lampard is doing now and doing well for City.

Raheem needs to play centrally and needs to be given patients his only a kid still 19, look how far his come in the last year, his going to be some player he just needs time. Both PSG and Real are interested but his on the verge of signing an improved contract and I'm confident he'll stay, him and Rodgers seem to have a real good bond.

Hendo is doing a stellar job but seems to be having to much of a workload due to having Stevie next to him I feel. I would like to see Can get more game time I think Jordan and Emre could develop a good partnership given the chance.

All in all the sky is not falling we still look suspect at the back but, if Rodgers sorts out the defence we make the top 4 easily.

Bremsstrahlung
09-10-2014, 10:43 AM
I meant league goal, against EPL opposition. He hasn't scored an EPL goal in like 22 matches I think I heard them say? Negating this, he has gotten himself into really good positions and had some great chances that I daresay most players could have finished. At least half of them. Eg vs Everton, point blank, Tim Howard does well though doesn't really know much about it,just makes himself big. And ballo hits it into him. Hopefully as he gets fitter he will get sharper and become a bit of a poacher-esque player. I don't see him making the runs of sturridge or suarez.

On Gerrard again, I watched the last bit again and I still think Gerrard does quite well more advanced. Don't get me wrong, I don't think he should play there every week or for 90 minutes (he won't last the 90). But I think there is the option of playing him there if the match, players available and such warranted.

Playing him central in a 4-2-3-1 with:

--------------------mignolet
Moreno--------Lovren---skrtel--------manq
-----------Allen/hendo-----Can/Lucas-----
Sterling/hendo------gerrard-------lala/cout
-----------------------sturridge

parksey
09-10-2014, 02:31 PM
what's everyone's thoughts on rodgers so far this season?

Bremsstrahlung
09-10-2014, 11:34 PM
Unchanged. Great manager.

The one question mark I have over him is his ability in the transfer market. He has a very poor record of success.

plague
09-10-2014, 11:49 PM

No Suarez, no party.

Jeterpool
10-10-2014, 11:07 AM

My thought's haven't changed. I think the side has been hampered by injuries to some key players from last season in Sturridge, Flannagan, Johnson and Joe Allen which has resulted in some new players being introducted earlier than he probably liked.

I agree with Brem that the purchases from either Rodgers or the "transfer committee" have been probably 1 in 2 or 3 in terms of success. Sturridge, Lallana, Allen, Coutinho - good buys. Assaidi, Borini, Cissokho, Moses (the last two luckily on loan) haven't been. It appears Markovic, Lovren, lambert and Balo could be heading down that path but for me it's FAR too early to call.

Each year it gets harder and harder to make the Top 4. I am worried we won't make the Champions League again this year and it will be a learning curve for Rodgers. However, a positive trait of his is that he does learn.

hawk
14-10-2014, 05:58 PM
aaaall round the fields of Anfield road....

Bremsstrahlung
18-10-2014, 11:36 AM
Sturridge out with a calf strain.

hawk
20-10-2014, 02:15 AM
balotelli press conference

http://files2.coloribus.com/files/adsarchive/part_414/4147505/file/corporate-polished-turd-small-69321.jpg

Bremsstrahlung
20-10-2014, 08:40 AM
Funny end to the game given the pre-match game they showed highlights for on fox.
Ballotelli though....

cobra23
20-10-2014, 10:01 AM
Funny end to the game given the pre-match game they showed highlights for on fox.
Ballotelli though....

I feel for the big man, to be fair it came to him with a bit of pace and bouncing..
the blokes clrealy got the fiirst goal hoodoo on him, as soon as he gets that goal im pretty confident the flood gates will open.....

hawk
20-10-2014, 09:02 PM
that last OG would have been balo's

I spose the dissappointment for me is that berisha would be getting more mental each game he doesnt score and tries harder to smash the world up until he scores. Balo seems to accept his fate through depression and inactivity which is what i fkn hate.

Bremsstrahlung
20-10-2014, 09:35 PM
I feel for the big man, to be fair it came to him with a bit of pace and bouncing..
the blokes clrealy got the fiirst goal hoodoo on him, as soon as he gets that goal im pretty confident the flood gates will open.....

I thought this at first. But how long has it been now? He scored against Ludogorets..So i thought that may have spurred him on. But as Hawk says, he's disinterested, he goes missing for periods which is not what we need.
Borini, though not in the same class, runs his ass off every game trying to spark something. Even Lambert looked to do reasonable the other week. Curious to see how we go Vs madrid

boz-monaut
21-10-2014, 12:38 AM
a ticket stuff up by my hotel meant I didn't get to go to QPR v Liverpool - pretty gutted as you can imagine

to make up for it, they've bought us tickets to Liverpool v Real Madrid at Anfield and put us up in their hotel up there

not bad service

Premy
21-10-2014, 07:45 AM
a ticket stuff up by my hotel meant I didn't get to go to QPR v Liverpool - pretty gutted as you can imagine

to make up for it, they've bought us tickets to Liverpool v Real Madrid at Anfield and put us up in their hotel up there

not bad service
That's terrible a team with all that money and stars like Ferdinand, Zamora, Phillips and Chaluka now you're stuck Ronaldo, Bale and Co.

Edit: Woohoo Bale is injured now you don't have to put up with his shit

pv4
21-10-2014, 08:03 AM

not bad service

Nice!

Bremsstrahlung
23-10-2014, 07:08 AM
How's the atmosphere boz!
Sounds pretty good on telly.
How's Ancelotti "pass it to Ronaldo"

parksey
23-10-2014, 03:04 PM
ronaldo is the biggest c**t in football
(Maybe be references to unpopular beliefs)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DEw7Rl6zGs

Bremsstrahlung
23-10-2014, 03:19 PM
Thought we did well first 20, and perhaps with Sturridge up front with/without balo, could've snagged a goal.
Conceding that first one ruined any momentum/morale/confidence that we could get something out of it.

Our defence is shonky as anything. Can't win a ball in the air. Johnson is deadset poor, and how he is England's best fullback option is beyond me. Need 2x CBs.

Our attack without Sturridge is terrible. Balo has potential, but again doesn't look phased. Need a leading line striker ASAP. We have reasonable history with developing top class strikers so hopefully next one isn't too far away.

We played better 2nd half, but probably more Madrid letting up.

boz-monaut
24-10-2014, 10:49 AM
wasn't the best game to go to to be honest

shit Madrid are amazing to watch in person though - just class all over the pitch, amazing to watch that level of football, I've not seen anything like it and probably won't again

as for the experience of going to Anfield - it's actually really disorganised, poorly laid out and quite a shit venue in most regards - j guess I'm just used to special bsu and train services, crowd control measures and the sort of thing you'd expect in the first world

still, hearing the kop sing 'you'll never walk alone' is one of the great moments in world sport, it's pretty damn incredible to witness in person

hawk
24-10-2014, 12:41 PM
you may be dissapointed with football on your return

Jeterpool
02-11-2014, 09:07 PM
Football sucks, ay.

Premy
02-11-2014, 10:17 PM
Football sucks, ay.

Shitest ever

Bremsstrahlung
23-11-2014, 09:26 PM
Can we get 3 points tonight?

1. Give balo somebody to play with up front. Give sterling a crack, his raw pace skill and ability would make him a massive threat and successfully take a lot of attention away from balo. Sterling will do any job asked of him.

2. Lucas or Can in defensive midfield. The whole purpose of playing Gerrard deep was to utilise his strengths in a way that we could play him for the full 90. He had Sturridge and Suarez, arguably 2 of the top 5 strikers last year, making runs all over the place. This year he has had nobody making runs and Gerrard is ineffective and teams are easily counteracting that tactic. Put him attacking midfield and ask him for 60 minutes.

3. Give toure another run, by all accounts (I missed it as was overseas) played a top game against Madrid.

-----------balo-----sterling---
----------------Gerrard
Coutinho/lala-----------hendo/lala
------------Lucas/can/Hendo

furns
23-11-2014, 09:42 PM
I thought Mario was also injured?

Bremsstrahlung
23-11-2014, 11:22 PM
If that's the case, Borini and Sterling up front please. Our team functions better when there's players making runs up front. Mario's style of, "hit my feet, i'll do the rest" doesn't really suit how we played last year.
A new (or old) approach is needed, we can't stick to this 1 up front thing for much longer, it's killing us.

We need to sign a 30M+ striker this transfer window, or our top 4 hopes are gone.
Sturridge,as good as he was last year, I don't think we should rely on, to play very much (or overly effectively) this season...he's already missed a chunk of the year. Get him fit, then see where we are atm.
Mario - inherited role as sole striker, which doesn't suit him at all, his form is terrible, and his ratio of goals/game is terrible for our main striker atm.
Borini - promising, but not really up to being Liverpool's starting striker
Lambert - played well for southampton last year, and that form could be handy off the bench. Problem is, he needs the game time to refine his skills (use it or lose it).

Origi - leave him on loan to play a year of first team football, bringing him into this shambles wouldn't be good for his confidence.

Jeterpool
24-11-2014, 08:07 AM
I think FSG will be pulling the trigger this week. Champs league money>Rodgers payout.

They'd have to have a plan B obviously.

Football is depressing at the moment.

Bremsstrahlung
24-11-2014, 10:25 AM
Feel for Rodgers. I feel like this is only 50% his fault. I genuinely saw him as our long term manager. There's talk of Klopp, which might be a decent shake up.
1. Suarez going - I feel like people higher up than Rodgers agreed to let him go as the price was reasonable and after all the bad PR with his bite, they probably saw him as a liability. we went through majority of the transfer window assuming we had Suarez and sturridge to carve it up again, so lambert was brought in to be a sub option.
2. Injury to sturridge - Suarez leaving, meant sturridge was our no1. And it's not like he wasn't worthy of a no1 striker role. He was 2nd to Suarez in epl. And definitely top 10 striker on form. So plans were adjusted for him to inherit no1. An injury to him meant we are without our top 2 strikers from last season.
3. As a result of 1, we needed a big name. We should've played hard ball to get Sanchez imo. Barca wanted Suarez. We had the power. Instead we took a punt on mario, who was probably the biggest name reported as available at the time. And it just hasn't really worked out at the moment.

So you could argue he shouldve brought in a world class striker and world class defender. But with Suarez and sturridge I don't think we had games for a big name. As I say, Suarez leaving lead to the balo panic buy, and the injuries to sturridge mean the panic buy is leading the line. Rodgers biggest weakness since he came in is his transfer market success rate.

The problem with dumping Rodgers now, is finding a good manager that's available mid season and these good managers don't dissown their clubs mid season.

Skirt Boy
24-11-2014, 10:38 AM
"Look at Tottenham, when you spend over £100m you'd expect to be challenging for the league."

So yeah.

parksey
24-11-2014, 03:19 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3Izw9hCQAA1ZsS.png

Bremsstrahlung
24-11-2014, 06:23 PM
Your point?
Can we see the reverse stat?
How Rodgers went in 2013/14 and how Moyes is going in 2014/15?

hawk
24-11-2014, 08:28 PM
please save Palace. tick.

parksey
24-11-2014, 08:30 PM
Your point?
Can we see the reverse stat?
How Rodgers went in 2013/14 and how Moyes is going in 2014/15?

no

Bremsstrahlung
24-11-2014, 09:16 PM
no

What was the point though?

Questions are being asked of Rodgers the same as they were of Moyes.

parksey
25-11-2014, 02:22 PM
and so they should be because his stats this season are worse than that of moyes' in the corresponding time-frame last season:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3Izw9hCQAA1ZsS.png

Bremsstrahlung
26-11-2014, 06:04 PM
and so they should be because his stats this season are worse than that of moyes' in the corresponding time-frame last season:

http://www.101greatgoals.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/brfergie.jpg

Bremsstrahlung
27-11-2014, 03:28 PM
Shaqiri will be allowed to leave Bayern this January.
Get on it.
Rumoured Bayern will accept 15M.

We need an agile, tricky player that will buzz around and take people on.
Lavezzi also an option.

parksey
27-11-2014, 06:46 PM
http://www.101greatgoals.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/brfergie.jpg

hahahah that's actually so embarrassing that someone thought they could prove a point by making that

literally could not be anymore of a liverpool fan thing to do

Bremsstrahlung
27-11-2014, 06:49 PM
hahahah that's actually so embarrassing that someone thought they could prove a point by making that

Same could be said for your post.
My point? Statistics can be used to support any argument, it doesn't make it more right.

parksey
27-11-2014, 07:05 PM
looks like that pic struck a nerve

Bremsstrahlung
27-11-2014, 07:19 PM
looks like that pic struck a nerve

I failed to see what purpose it served to be honest. fr the same reason the Rodgers vs SAF picture is a misrepresentation, the Moyes vs Rodgers is a misrepresentation. If you think the rodgers vs Moyes proves a point, so does the one of Rodgers vs SAF.

hawk
27-11-2014, 09:17 PM

lol, Maybe cause its the pool manager and a factual comparison :blush: you need to get that manu palsy looked at.

Now lets get back to avoiding relegation...

parksey
27-11-2014, 09:59 PM
I failed to see what purpose it served to be honest. fr the same reason the Rodgers vs SAF picture is a misrepresentation, the Moyes vs Rodgers is a misrepresentation. If you think the rodgers vs Moyes proves a point, so does the one of Rodgers vs SAF.

i wasn't trying to prove a point, genius

Bremsstrahlung
27-11-2014, 10:52 PM
i wasn't trying to prove a point, genius

So you were just being a dick? The same thing you were so easy to criticise Liverpool fans for last season/and still. Interesting.

pistolpete
28-11-2014, 01:37 PM
So you were just being a dick? The same thing you were so easy to criticise Liverpool fans for last season/and still. Interesting.

You obviously haven't noticed that parksey has always spent more time in this thread than most liverpool fans. He has a secret crush on the pool

parksey
28-11-2014, 02:01 PM

yeah p much

hawk
28-11-2014, 02:59 PM
mglols, Porksey getting ready for a job at the Herald.

plague
28-11-2014, 08:17 PM
Arsene Wenger 1.91m
Sir Alex Ferguson 1.80m
Jose Murinho 1.75m
Brendan Rodgers 1.70m

Says it all really doesn't it.

parksey
29-11-2014, 12:44 AM
can't argue with those stats

parksey
11-12-2014, 03:50 PM
edit: trolling

Premy
11-12-2014, 06:16 PM
edit...trolling

Yeah we're shit.
Save it for next week when you beat us.
Slipping the boot in twice within a week isn't fair.

hawk
15-12-2014, 09:32 AM
porksey says a word, he's banned

btw how's that offside goal, lols

Bremsstrahlung
15-12-2014, 10:04 AM
+1.
Actually thought we played reasonably well. De Gea man of match says it all.
They were poo, but have world class strikers who can take their chances.

Shows how much we create if we have somebody up top making runs. If Rodgers doesn't bring in a pacey, agile, proven striker this transfer window, I think that'll seal his fate. The issue is clear, we have a midfield and defence that is used to playing with Suarez and sturridge buzzing around, now we have balotelli and lambert who are both very static and demand ball at their feet, and don't Make lateral or forward runs in behind.
I don't think anybody could coach this team better than Rodgers, and he should have a bit of credit in the bank to see out the season at the very least. We have no striker options. Get a proven pacey striker, we add at least 10 goals. Easy.
If sterling takes his chances, we win 2-0.

hawk
16-12-2014, 10:11 AM
suarez is doing squat in LaLiga

Bremsstrahlung
17-12-2014, 10:20 AM
Funniest TAW I've listened to for a while, all things considered.

Jeterpool
17-12-2014, 10:25 AM
Funniest TAW I've listened to for a while, all things considered.

Bruno Cheyrou Fortnight :)

Bremsstrahlung
18-12-2014, 06:27 AM
The stuff about Jones had me in stitches. Comparison to the spice girls hahaha.

But seriously echoed my thoughts on the bloke. Like fair play, he's made a career out of sitting on the bench at a top club.
"He's fooking dived out of the way of the first and sat on his ass and watched the 3rd before the ball was even passed to rvp"

hawk
22-12-2014, 10:39 PM
Jones out. Is worse then Birraz

shots on target 10-3. bossed the game still can only draw

cobra23
23-12-2014, 02:15 PM
Jones out. Is worse then Birraz

shots on target 10-3. bossed the game still can only draw

bring back pepe

Bremsstrahlung
24-12-2014, 08:47 AM
Let's have a look at our squad and see what we would like to see happen over January (Mainly looking at players that have played a part over the last 18 months):

GK:
Jones,
Mignolet

DEF:
Johnson
Enrique
Toure
Lovren
Sakho
Moreno
Manquillo
Skrtel
Flannagan

MID:
Gerrard
Coutinho
Henderson
Lallana
Leiva
Can
Allen
Suso
Sterling
Markovic

FWD:
Lambert
Sturridge
Borini
Yesil
Balotelli

On Loan Players (Recall anyone?):
Assaidi
Coates
Ibe
Wisdom
Origi
Alberto
Aspas

Who we Selling:

5 Potential Targets:

hawk
24-12-2014, 09:44 AM
bola & jones out

MFKS
24-12-2014, 11:06 AM
Seriously just get rid of all your defenders

They are not good enough to get you to the level you want to be at. They cost you the EPL last season

hawk
30-12-2014, 11:36 PM
Jones admits balo is a useless twat

Bremsstrahlung
31-12-2014, 01:26 PM
That was a bit better.
Sterling, Lallana, Henderson and Coutinho, prove how well we can play when they all fire.
Without Gerrard we are capable of playing a higher intensity pressing game, which suits us 100% and allows our counter attack to begin higher up the pitch. Lucas does the DM duties much better.
I really like Can in the back 3. His running of the ball, retention and confidence are something we lack in our back line.
Skrtel is impressing me, looked average at the beginning of the year, but is relatively better than the rest.
Would like Can, Skrtel, Sakho to be our go to back line.

Not sure what to make of it, Swansea didn't look great, but it was good to get a few cobwebs out. Hopefully, we can get a few wins on the board over the next 5 or so games. If we can do that, we should be pushing top 4. How we are still in touch of the top 4 is an absolute miracle, considering how poorly we have played.

redwah
31-12-2014, 05:22 PM
It would help the speed of our play if Mignolet would get the play back underway with something resembling haste. Remember Pepe used to throw the ball out quickly to Torres and have un attacking the opposition before they knew it....Mignolet waits until the opposition have all gone off and changed their boots and got some instructions from the manager and then set up into position.....Way to slow.

redwah
31-12-2014, 05:22 PM
It would help the speed of our play if Mignolet would get the play back underway with something resembling haste. Remember Pepe used to throw the ball out quickly to Torres and have us attacking the opposition before they knew it....Mignolet waits until the opposition have all gone off and changed their boots and got some instructions from the manager and then set up into position.....Way to slow.

Bremsstrahlung
31-12-2014, 06:11 PM
It would help the speed of our play if Mignolet would get the play back underway with something resembling haste. Remember Pepe used to throw the ball out quickly to Torres and have un attacking the opposition before they knew it....Mignolet waits until the opposition have all gone off and changed their boots and got some instructions from the manager and then set up into position.....Way to slow.

I think Jones has better distribution. It's more precise, and as you say, quicker.

My thing with Mignolet is, he needs to get his confidence back. Last year he was immense. Brilliant stops. His footwork, distribution were questionable, but overlooked due to our powerful attack making the headlines and the errors he made were overlooked as we still won 4-1 or 3-2, or whatever. His errors weren't costing us, and his saves were great. No we aren't scoring, its more important for him to make saves, and his errors are highlighted.

He needs to get his confidence back, stop trying to "play it on the deck" or roll a full back, or taking a touch. If his natural game is to boot the damn thing, boot it, piss it off, reset. When he gets a back pass, he visibly shits himself and you can see him panic. He wants to smash it, he knows BR wants him to play a pass and he knows that the vat majority of Anfield are holding their breath. He's caught in 1000 minds what to do, and takes too damn long. Stick to the basics. Get the confidence. Then coach some damn distribution into his game. I think he's done for though. I think he's got a month to prove himself or he will be next summers departing list.

I also found it ironic how Lallana scored off a keeper's kick, the same kind Mignolet does almost every game haha.

redwah
31-12-2014, 07:40 PM
Personally I wish all managers, not just rodgers, would teach players to think about the next ball. By this I mean it's all well and good to play it out to the defenders but if they don't have an option to play the next ball what is the point. They get caught, lose it or in the case of the current trend to try to hit a guy standing marked on the sideline simply have it headed out of play or directly kick it out. I'd rather them punt it up the middle and roll the dice. Admittedly sterling isn't going to win many headers but it might only take one mistake from a defender.

hawk
02-01-2015, 12:20 AM
Personally I wish all managers, not just rodgers, would teach players to think about the next ball. By this I mean it's all well and good to play it out to the defenders but if they don't have an option to play the next ball what is the point. They get caught, lose it or in the case of the current trend to try to hit a guy standing marked on the sideline simply have it headed out of play or directly kick it out. I'd rather them punt it up the middle and roll the dice. Admittedly sterling isn't going to win many headers but it might only take one mistake from a defender.

thats when you have a Crouch to make something happen if everything is going to the can. still works

Premy
02-01-2015, 09:26 AM
Oh Danny boy...

Please get well soon.

Bremsstrahlung
02-01-2015, 09:35 AM
Imo we need a new Danny for the remainder of the season and as backup/pushing for a start next season.
Relying on a guy that's been virtually out for the season is not gonna help us make top 4.

Premy
02-01-2015, 11:41 AM
Imo we need a new Danny for the remainder of the season and as backup/pushing for a start next season.
Relying on a guy that's been virtually out for the season is not gonna help us make top 4.

That was ment to be Balo, any amateur Nostradamist could have predicted that we would struggle to score goals with our Luey or Danny simple as that.
Rodgers is doing a good job not even Puskas would have been able to do better without Luey or Danny.

hawk
02-01-2015, 01:48 PM
Gerrard OUT by seasons end!

As good as he is I think the team needs to move on and will have a fresh look & feel without him.

De-Champ
02-01-2015, 03:48 PM
Gerrard OUT by seasons end!

As good as he is I think the team needs to move on and will have a fresh look & feel without him.

He is not the only one who will be out by seasons end

Bremsstrahlung
02-01-2015, 04:30 PM
That was ment to be Balo, any amateur Nostradamist could have predicted that we would struggle to score goals with our Luey or Danny simple as that.
Rodgers is doing a good job not even Puskas would have been able to do better without Luey or Danny.

If, at the start of the transfer window we balotelli on our list of targets to replace Suarez, **** me, they should be sacked. He is not the same type of player as Suarez or sturridge. Sterling is much better suited to striker in this Liverpool team than balo or lambert ever will be. Hell, Id prefer borini playing instead of balo or lambert. Our success last year was due to when our mids or defenders had the ball, there was always an option up front with the movement of the 2. Now we have had the same/similar midfielders all looking for that ball through and behind, but there's nothing. Our natural game is through ball and counter. When there's nothing up front, the only option is a pass to midfield or defence and we eventually turn it over.
We've seen the potential we have when we have movement up front. Bring somebody in who will do that and given how horrendously bad/tight/surprising the league is at the moment, anything is possible.

As for Gerrard. Catch 22. I want him to stay for sentimental reasons and I feel the club should give him at least an option to remain a one club player. Have him on the bench or loan him out, but give him a contract. If we can justify keeping jones on our books, we can justify the greatest servant to lfc.

On the other side, we need to move past the mentality of him being our go to person. We need to phase him out and prepare for life after Stevie g.
(And I want to see him play next October/November when I go over. Fml)

pistolpete
02-01-2015, 08:46 PM
(And I want to see him play next October/November when I go over. Fml)

Same for me :-( heading over in late September, early October

Bremsstrahlung
02-01-2015, 10:28 PM
Nope. He's gone.

The Reds captain will bring the curtain down on a glittering Anfield career that has spanned nearly 17 years and included 10 trophies, as well as 695 appearances and 180 goals to date since joining the club's youth system aged eight.

Gerrard will not retire from professional football at the conclusion of the 2014-15 season. No decision on his new club has been made yet, but he will continue his career outside the United Kingdom and at a side that will not bring him into direct competition with Liverpool.

The 34-year-old admits it is with a heavy heart he will depart Liverpool, describing the decision as the 'toughest of his life', but has chosen to make it now to avoid speculation about his future.

Until then, the No.8 insists he will continue to concentrate all his efforts on helping Brendan Rodgers' side achieve both domestic and European success.

Explaining his decision, Gerrard said: "This has been the toughest decision of my life and one which both me and my family have agonised over for a good deal of time.

"I am making the announcement now so that the manager and the team are not distracted by stories or speculation about my future.

"Liverpool Football Club has been such a huge part of all our lives for so long and saying goodbye is going to be difficult, but I feel it's something that's in the best interests of all involved, including my family and the club itself.

"I'm going to carry on playing and although I can't confirm at this stage where that will be, I can say it will be somewhere that means I won't be playing for a competing club and will not therefore be lining up against Liverpool - that is something I could never contemplate.

"My decision is completely based on my wish to experience something different in my career and life and I also want to make sure that I have no regrets when my playing career is eventually over.

"I can't thank Brendan, the owners and everyone at the club enough for how they've handled this and I am leaving on great terms. Also, I would like to thank my teammates and all the staff for their help and continued support.

"It is a very special place to be part of. It is my sincere hope and wish that one day I can return to serve Liverpool again, in whatever capacity best helps the club.

"One point that is important to make is that from now until the last kick of the last game of the season, I will be as fully committed to the team as I ever have been and giving everything I have to help Liverpool win games.

"My final message is for the people who make Liverpool Football Club the greatest in the world - the supporters.

"It has been a privilege to represent you, as a player and as captain. I have cherished every second of it and it is my sincere wish to finish this season and my Liverpool career on a high."

Bremsstrahlung
03-01-2015, 09:23 AM
Reports Rodgers offered him a contract. So at least he wasn't forced out

De-Champ
03-01-2015, 10:10 AM

A contract they knew he would not accept.

MFKS
03-01-2015, 10:10 AM

So if he has the that means Stevie G doesn't want to play for Liverpool anymore

plague
03-01-2015, 10:41 AM
So if he has the that means Stevie G doesn't want to play for Liverpool anymore

Yes that's right. He pretty much said that. So what's the problem?

MFKS
03-01-2015, 10:52 AM
Yes that's right. He pretty much said that. So what's the problem?

Just wanted to draw attention to the fact he refuses to go on playing with the club.

Obviously sees the writing on the wall that they ain't winning the EPL anytime soon and last year was his only chance to win it.

Bloke will be forever remembered for his slip up which ultimately cost the Scousers the league title

Bremsstrahlung
03-01-2015, 11:27 AM
Just wanted to draw attention to the fact he refuses to go on playing with the club.

Obviously sees the writing on the wall that they ain't winning the EPL anytime soon and last year was his only chance to win it.

Bloke will be forever remembered for his slip up which ultimately cost the Scousers the league title

Onya bike.

If you believe he will be remembered for the slip up, you are clearly deluded.
Any supporter of football, whether you hate liverpool or not, will agree that Gerrard has been a great servant for Liverpool, England and football in general.

Regarding him "choosing to leave". A sporting career is very short lived, make hay while the sun shines... He will be back at LFC in some way shape or form in the future.

Premy
03-01-2015, 01:07 PM

I'll take the bait.

Yeah he seen the writing on the wall, however that writing was not what you eluded to.

He realize his not getting younger and can no longer keep up with the pace required to play BPL. He selflessly stepped aside as to not hinder the future of the club (only wish a English bloke that played for us done the same instead of hold on for to long) he adores by demanding a spot in the squad based on reputation.
He made this decision now as to not take away focus of the club he adores by not adding another distraction, everything the bloke has done in his career has been for the love of Liverpool.
He admitted that the lowest point of his career was when he was in negotiations with the club for a new contract and all the speculation around the Chelsea offer and the resulting transfer request, I could almost guarantee he wants to avoid a similar scenario hence the decision now.

End of, Scousers and Liverpool fans all across the globe couldn't give two shits what the rest of the Footballing world think/remember about him, his the kid from Houton who has shed more blood, sweat and tears then any other player we've had and his our hero.

redwah
04-01-2015, 11:29 AM

**** you you clueless twit. I can put up with your unintelligent ramblings about the jets, you blind obsession with bringing down everything about the jets but if you have one tiny slither of knowledge about football you last line in yet another negative post shows that you are nothing more than a bitter, whinging tool.

Gerrard has not only displayed a playing ability throughout his career that will have him talked about, not only by reds, but by those with some knowledge of the game, for years to come. He, at times throughout his career, has been up there with the best in the game. The fact that the club he has represented with distinction have failed to win the league in his time has nothing to do with a slip or anything else he has done. Quite the opposite. He has singlehandedly carried this club for many years and many games. The failure of previous owners and management has more to do with any failure associated with Liverpool FC. (Something any jets fan with a clue can relate to)

Please keep your vitriol to the jets where people know you to simply spew forth your usual rubbish.

boz-monaut
04-01-2015, 12:07 PM
in future, don't take the bait, just report any trolling posts and the mods will decide and dish out bans

parksey
04-01-2015, 01:19 PM
he's been past it for a while now

Bremsstrahlung
04-01-2015, 02:59 PM
he's been past it for a while now

Past his best.
But he still offers something to the team. He is our leading goalscorer this season so far.

MFKS
04-01-2015, 03:47 PM
Gee I end up getting you blokes think i am trolling you even when i had no intent.

Even expressed the same view yesterday in the pub to Hawk

hawk
04-01-2015, 05:14 PM

I have no problem with it tbh cause its time for a change anway. The last thought is missing abit.

Bloke will be forever remembered by assholes for his slip up which didnt cost the Scousers the league title because they were never going to keep up their momentum anyway.

Now peeps can do some self assessment.

Bremsstrahlung
05-01-2015, 01:50 AM
First point. Yeh fair enough. News has surfaced that he was unhappy to play a squad role. Which is a bit so so as I don't think he will be an out and out starter wherever he goes.

Second point. Don't totally agree with. He ain't winning the premier league in America. It hasn't caused him to move earlier, so I disagree.

Third point. Doesn't deserve a comment.

hawk
06-01-2015, 11:54 PM
Liverpool boss Rodgers eyes final send-off for Steven Gerrard

Way to get ahead of yourself Rodgers. Its rd3 and pre-empting results usually ends in tears.

Bremsstrahlung
09-01-2015, 08:42 AM
Shaqiri to inter. €2M loan for season, with €10M to sign at the end of season.
Apparently we only offered £10m after our previous summers bid of 14-18M. Really wanted to see him at Liverpool. Alas, not.

Transfer window articles are the worst. So much shit.
Exhibit a; Suarez to return to Liverpool, or Man U or Arsenal.

Very keen to see who we bring in. Imo we need a striker within the week, or else it's kind of too late.
Loan/sell lambert If somebody wants him.
Likewise borini. I like him but he's not getting a game and probably won't.
Balo can go instead of one of them if we get a good offer and get a replacement.
Psg rumoured to be interested. Wouldn't mind a lavezzi-balotelli trade.
Also if origi could come in and play our cup games and get acclimatised and maybe PL if he gets going.

Jeterpool
09-01-2015, 08:53 AM
Shaqiri to inter. €2M loan for season, with €10M to sign at the end of season.
Apparently we only offered £10m after our previous summers bid of 14-18M. Really wanted to see him at Liverpool. Alas, not.

Transfer window articles are the worst. So much shit.
Exhibit a; Suarez to return to Liverpool, or Man U or Arsenal.

Very keen to see who we bring in. Imo we need a striker within the week, or else it's kind of too late.
Loan/sell lambert If somebody wants him.
Likewise borini. I like him but he's not getting a game and probably won't.
Balo can go instead of one of them if we get a good offer and get a replacement.
Psg rumoured to be interested. Wouldn't mind a lavezzi-balotelli trade.
Also if origi could come in and play our cup games and get acclimatised and maybe PL if he gets going.

We offered a better package that Inter but the player wanted Inter despite wanting us last year because of our performances this year.

Origi is now injured, too.

If we sign anyone it'll be cheap or loan. I don't expect anyone TBH. If we do, it'll be another winger or CAM which we don't need. We need a GK, a proper CDM and a striker who will be used! We could do a lot worse than going afer Nigel De Jong now and pushing for Khedira in the summer on a free as the big name player to replace Gerrard's wages.

pv4
09-01-2015, 09:10 AM
Shaqiri never wanted to go to England, and seemed pretty intent on steering clear of Liverpool. I'm even surprised he ventured out of Switzerland/Germany tbh.

Have players always been so vocal of steering clear of Liverpool due to lifestyle? In the last year it's been reported that Shaqiri and Sanchez both denied moves there because of the location. Is this a new occurance, or has it always happened to this kind of extent?

BodyNovo
09-01-2015, 09:34 AM
sign charlie austin or danny ings.

cheap english strikers who will score you goals.

they aint got the hype of andy carroll

and if they were serious they should have broke bank for bony whos now going to city.

liverpool imo need a new stevie before a striker anyways.

hawk
09-01-2015, 12:22 PM
need both

MFKS
09-01-2015, 01:13 PM
Shaqiri never wanted to go to England, and seemed pretty intent on steering clear of Liverpool. I'm even surprised he ventured out of Switzerland/Germany tbh.

Have players always been so vocal of steering clear of Liverpool due to lifestyle? In the last year it's been reported that Shaqiri and Sanchez both denied moves there because of the location. Is this a new occurance, or has it always happened to this kind of extent?

But top class players would not bat an eyelid to play for one of the Manc clubs.

Not like the weather/lifestyle is any better there

goaliepersempre
09-01-2015, 09:25 PM
if he was going anywhere it had to be close to his mum in Aargau... Milan allows him to get home really quickly and in switzerland when he is not playing....

Shaqiri at his age right now, wouldnt be right to go the EPL.. he still needs to grow the **** up..... hopefully this move to inter will help him on his was to lift his game...

parksey
10-01-2015, 05:57 PM
sign charlie austin or danny ings.

cheap english strikers who will score you goals.

they aint got the hype of andy carroll

and if they were serious they should have broke bank for bony whos now going to city.

liverpool imo need a new stevie before a striker anyways.

you mean like rickie lambert?

hawk
11-01-2015, 02:35 PM
tight win. Now if only we can get past West Ham

Bremsstrahlung
11-01-2015, 02:56 PM
Good win considering results.
West ham Swansea draw was good news. Hopefully Southampton and Man U draw and arsenal drop points.

Amazing how we are so close after such a seemingly disappointing season.

hawk
13-01-2015, 06:16 PM
Tadic!!!!!!

Jeterpool
13-01-2015, 08:20 PM
SOld Assaidi for 4.75 million pounds. How'd we manage that!?!

Bremsstrahlung
16-01-2015, 10:26 AM
SOld Assaidi for 4.75 million pounds. How'd we manage that!?!

:S

Also, could've done with Torres. Brace for him V Real Madrid. Would've suited our game as well.

Edit: The Torres thing is in jest. kind of.

Jeterpool
16-01-2015, 10:44 AM
See we're looking at Mat Ryan?? No to gypos

hawk
18-01-2015, 04:05 PM
See we're looking at Mat Ryan?? No to gypos

i am unable to comment on this

nice win v Villa. although they had their chances also. Borini needs to look across sometimes

Bremsstrahlung
23-01-2015, 12:14 AM
I'd take him.
He's better than Jones at the very least.
He is better the Mignolet with ball at feet and his distribution is +++.

cobra23
03-02-2015, 11:30 AM
the reds are slowly creeping up.. Cmon

Jeterpool
03-02-2015, 11:32 AM
the reds are slowly creeping up.. Cmon

best team since boxing day

cobra23
03-02-2015, 11:35 AM

hopefully the double s combo to deliver more goals..

snake
03-02-2015, 01:13 PM

2nd half of season champions:
2005/06
2008/09
2010/11
2013/14
2014/15??

:woo:

pv4
03-02-2015, 01:24 PM
2nd half of season champions:
2005/06
2008/09
2010/11
2013/14
2014/15??

:woo:

:brr:

MFKS
04-02-2015, 01:36 PM
Apparently playing in Adelaide and Brisbane next pre season

belchardo
04-02-2015, 01:37 PM
yep

http://www.theroar.com.au/2015/02/04/liverpool-fc-play-brisbane-adelaide-july-year/

MFKS
04-02-2015, 01:47 PM
Tinker ought to get in and see if they can squeeze another game in Newy in.

Plastic EPL fanboy sell out at State De Newy

cobra23
04-02-2015, 01:50 PM
Tinker ought to get in and see if they can squeeze another game in Newy in.

Plastic EPL fanboy sell out at State De Newy

Tinkler wont.
Because tinkler ALWAYS WALKS ALONE.

Jetmaster
04-02-2015, 02:00 PM
Craig Johnston should be seeing if they can get a Newy game in.

Bremsstrahlung
04-02-2015, 02:30 PM
Ain't the gypos and Everton a match made in heaven.

Premy
04-02-2015, 02:35 PM
Ain't the gypos and Everton a match made in heaven.

Got to love the optimism of Moss "I get to hand pick 2 players from the U/21 squad to come out here next season"

Got some news for you Mossy, you get what your given.

Jeterpool
04-02-2015, 05:11 PM
Excellent. More reason to hate the gypos and the bitters

redwah
04-02-2015, 08:34 PM
yep

http://www.theroar.com.au/2015/02/04/liverpool-fc-play-brisbane-adelaide-july-year/

Gutted. Have a trip to Bali at the same time...had it booked earlier in the year but the daughter has uni prac so moved it to July...saw them in Melbourne...looks like I'll have to save more cash and head to Anfield.

hawk
08-02-2015, 12:48 PM
Henderson had an average game v everton. Ibe did ok. game was rather dull

hawk
11-02-2015, 11:11 PM
cant believe it, Balo scores and picks up 2 pts.

Skrtel is a powerhouse at the back. pity he's the only one

Bremsstrahlung
12-02-2015, 03:30 PM
It's sad when Can, who we bought as a CM. Has helped turn around our defence.
He is so so condident on the ball. Lacks that killer cb instinct like skrtel but makes up for it with his ball carrying.
Ibe is going to be immense.
Skrtel plays well when he has good people around him.

parksey
12-02-2015, 05:44 PM
Can should be starting ahead of Gerrard imo

Jeterpool
12-02-2015, 05:52 PM

I agree. Gerrard is becoming a bit of an obstacle to the team in a way

furns
12-02-2015, 07:13 PM
He will be - Gerrard is injured.

Bremsstrahlung
12-02-2015, 11:15 PM

I'd prefer to keep Can at the back, until maybe a cup game.

But there are others that should start ahead of him.

furns
14-02-2015, 09:50 PM
LFC NSW has lined up SJ's as our new venue in Newcastle.
Please jump on the Northern Reds FB group for details and events. https://www.facebook.com/groups/250425808317351/

First game will be next fridays Europa League fixture against Besiktas. I would urge everyone to get along to try out the new venue.

boz-monaut
15-02-2015, 07:37 AM
not all that convincing in today's FA Cup win over Palace

still, into the quarters which is nice

hawk
15-02-2015, 05:14 PM
Palace have some grunt right through. Was going to be tricky on their pitch.

Bremsstrahlung
16-02-2015, 09:59 AM
Anyone getting tickets to Brisbane or Adelaide?
Will be trying for Brisbane, as although MCG was an amazing experience with so many people, you are so far away at Cricket Grounds. Suncorp should be awesome.

Jeterpool
16-02-2015, 10:20 AM
Was going to Adelaide but ran the sums and unfortunately we're out this time around. Money for the kitchen instead

Bremsstrahlung
16-02-2015, 10:26 AM
Yeh, I was in the same boat.
Early stages of planning a Europe Trip in October/November. Was debating whether or not to hold out and put $$$ towards that. But, figured I would get some crazy jealousy if I didn't try, can always do some Overtime to get some $$$.

Bit annoyed they didn't advertise the Price of tickets before the sale...But not to worry.

Flights from Newcastle to Brisbane return - $200 pp (with $40 of extras per person, incase I didn't get tickets)
Accom. - $200 for 2. ($100pp) at a reasonable hotel.
Tickets - $90pp
All up about $400pp, so not too bad

Jeterpool
16-02-2015, 10:45 AM
Yeh, I was in the same boat.
Early stages of planning a Europe Trip in October/November. Was debating whether or not to hold out and put $$$ towards that. But, figured I would get some crazy jealousy if I didn't try, can always do some Overtime to get some $$$.

Bit annoyed they didn't advertise the Price of tickets before the sale...But not to worry.

Flights from Newcastle to Brisbane return - $200 pp (with $40 of extras per person, incase I didn't get tickets)
Accom. - $200 for 2. ($100pp) at a reasonable hotel.
Tickets - $90pp
All up about $400pp, so not too bad

That's not bad! We have the little dude so had to add on a car and try and find a baby sitter for the evening too in a strange place...just not happening this time. Kinda gutted but I know this is the right decision.

pistolpete
16-02-2015, 09:16 PM
Anyone getting tickets to Brisbane or Adelaide?
Will be trying for Brisbane, as although MCG was an amazing experience with so many people, you are so far away at Cricket Grounds. Suncorp should be awesome.

I'll be in the kop in Brisbane. Wanted to go to both but couldn't take that much time off work so Brisbane is the go

pistolpete
16-02-2015, 09:19 PM
We are going to the uk in October so need to save too but I just got backpackers ($88 for 2 nights with secure parking and only about 500m from suncorp) so $185 each with the ticket and 3 of us driving up so petrol won't be that much. Melbourne was so awesome I just couldn't miss this

Jetmaster
17-02-2015, 10:36 AM
Doing Adelaide here....just keen to see the new stadium and watching Josip in action will be more interesting.

Bremsstrahlung
17-02-2015, 11:26 AM
I would've preferred to see the game against Adelaide. But the cricket ground really turned me off it. The MCG was good as the atmosphere and 90,000 singing YNWA made up for the shitty views. I was at the end opposite the KOP and I was a good 50-70 metres away from the goals. The sides were no better. So I decided an actual stadium would be a good option especially as the capacity of both are similar.
Regardless, both should be excellent experiences.
Out of curiosity how much are you paying for flights/accomm, roughly, if you don't mind my curiosity.

Jetmaster
17-02-2015, 01:46 PM
Not rushing - five months away yet. Will do due diligence and try to find a bargain.

MFKS
17-02-2015, 04:01 PM
Did check out the prices for tickets today. Wasn't that interested but thought I would have a sticky

****ing scandalous really.

World Cup games were cheaper than a pre season friendly that will not be paid at full tilt

FFS

plague
17-02-2015, 04:20 PM
Did check out the prices for tickets today. Wasn't that interested but thought I would have a sticky

World Cup games were cheaper than a pre season friendly that will not be paid at full tilt

FFS

So don't go then.

Bremsstrahlung
17-02-2015, 05:33 PM

FFS

There's 64 games in a World Cup.
They are playing 2 games in Australia.
Supply and demand and all that.

MFKS
17-02-2015, 05:44 PM
There's 64 games in a World Cup.
They are playing 2 games in Australia.
Supply and demand and all that.

Supply and demand??

Supply for the vast majority of WC games does not meet demand.

How anyone can justify $200 for a Cat 1 seat defies belief. The Asian Cup Final was not that dear.

Call a spade a spade. They are ripping people off.
Just cause demand is there doesn't mean you need to fleece people

plague
17-02-2015, 06:19 PM
How anyone can justify $200 for a Cat 1 seat defies belief.

If they sell out then that's your justification.
Pretty simple really.

hawk
17-02-2015, 10:23 PM
Supply and demand??

Supply for the vast majority of WC games does not meet demand.

How anyone can justify $200 for a Cat 1 seat defies belief. The Asian Cup Final was not that dear.

that's quite good business

get 2 sell 1 for $400 then you be rollin and probably guilt free

MFKS
17-02-2015, 10:30 PM
that's quite good business

get 2 sell 1 for $400 then you be rollin and probably guilt free

That's not even a joking matter.

As for tickets to big football games you always hand them on at face value. A genuine football fan will look after his brothers so one day karma will come back and help him out.
Its a dog act to profit at other football fans expense

WC Ticket trades.
I played a fair game and got looked after as a result.
When it came to my turn to share the love I reciprocated.

I had a couple of opportunities to profit and chose not to and on sold at face value

KARMA etc

Bremsstrahlung
17-02-2015, 11:23 PM
Meh.
Are they taking advantage over their fans, maybe, probably.Yes, it's expensive.
So is going to watch a movie at Gold Class compared to normal.
Going to see your favourite band play, is more expensive, than if you were to see 10 x bands at a festival.

To some people it's worth it. So be it. I'll enjoy my night in Brisbane. That's all that really matters to me. I imagine the other 54, 999 people at Brisbane and 55, 000 at Adelaide will as well.
To others, they won't think it is worth it, they won't buy tickets, they won't go, that doesn't matter to me. They have their reasons.

GazFish35
17-02-2015, 11:28 PM
Just cause demand is there doesn't mean you need to fleece people

But they don't need to, they want to.

Why?
Because they can, and making money off such tours helps them reach FFP obligations.

It's all platini's fault

plague
17-02-2015, 11:34 PM

As for tickets to big football games you always hand them on at face value. A genuine football fan will look after his brothers so one day karma will come back and help him out.

WC Ticket trades.

I had a couple of opportunities to profit and chose not to and on sold at face value

KARMA etc

Yeah that Karma is really paying off for your Jets at the moment hey cuz?

MFKS
18-02-2015, 12:38 AM
Yeah that Karma is really paying off for your Jets at the moment hey cuz?

What you talking about??
Whilst our club employs fools then we reap what we sow.

Middleby GVE Stubbins Bridges etc then Throw in the genius of Tinker and Palmer and the mess we are in is basically karma for their sins

I will keep up the good fight but I am ****ing up against it

WolfMan
18-02-2015, 07:51 AM

WC Ticket trades.

KARMA etc

I don't believe in karma, or any supernatural theorems really. But I couldn't agree more with the anti-capitalism sentiment.

No doubt there are already a$$hole on eBay flogging off tix for 100% profit

Premy
18-02-2015, 10:28 AM
I don't believe in karma, or any supernatural theorems really. But I couldn't agree more with the anti-capitalism sentiment.

Make a fake account bid well over what anyone will pay, comes time to pay don't pay, bloke with the ticket ends up with a ticket he doesn't want and out of pocket.

plague
18-02-2015, 11:25 AM

So you're a Griff denier AND a communist.

Shame.

plague
18-02-2015, 11:25 AM
Make a fake account bid well over what anyone will pay, comes time to pay don't pay, bloke with the ticket ends up with a ticket he doesn't want and out of pocket.

This is fantastic.

pv4
18-02-2015, 01:28 PM
Liverpool have changed kit suppliers from Warrior to New Balance.

Let us hope we never see a Warrior-esque away/third kit again!

Bremsstrahlung
18-02-2015, 01:35 PM
Whyyyyyy can't we just go Nike or Adidas.
Tbh, I don't mind this years 3rd. Nice tribute to the founders of football, Wanderers.

Last years Warrior kit was my favourite for some time.

pv4
18-02-2015, 01:37 PM
Whyyyyyy can't we just go Nike or Adidas.

http://friendsjournal.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Money-Bags.jpg

Jeterpool
18-02-2015, 02:28 PM
Liverpool have changed kit suppliers from Warrior to New Balance.

Let us hope we never see a Warrior-esque away/third kit again!

Warrior are a New Balance brand. New Balance are now taking over the naming rights.

WolfMan
19-02-2015, 03:35 PM
So you're a Griff denier AND a communist.

Shame.

Griff is not supernatural, he is a marvel of a man. There is no doubt he exists to pleasure men with skills, and women with other things

Bremsstrahlung
20-02-2015, 12:12 PM
Balo :lulz:

cobra23
23-02-2015, 12:06 PM
3 points off top 3.

Bremsstrahlung
23-02-2015, 03:23 PM
Coutinho's goal! Phwoarrrr

Bremsstrahlung
27-02-2015, 08:44 AM
Lovren....Deadset.

Jeterpool
27-02-2015, 09:25 AM
Not the guys season. I wonder why he was taking such a cruicial pen? We still had Sterling and Moreno.

Bremsstrahlung
27-02-2015, 10:25 AM
I wonder why he was taking such a cruicial pen? We still had Sterling and Moreno.

This.
The guys confidence must be weak as piss now. If it wasn't before, it will be now.
We need to be getting better value from 20M+ CBs....

Jetmaster
27-02-2015, 11:34 AM
Not the guys season. I wonder why he was taking such a cruicial pen? We still had Sterling and Moreno.

When it comes to pen taking it comes down to guys with balls, not necessarily the best players.

Still respect Vidmar for 2005 with all the baggage he was carrying - yet Culina held back.

Jeterpool
27-02-2015, 11:39 AM
When it comes to pen taking it comes down to guys with balls, not necessarily the best players.

Still respect Vidmar for 2005 with all the baggage he was carrying - yet Culina held back.

Totally get that. After chasing the ball around for 120 minutes, Sterling and Moreno may not have felt confident within their bodies.

pv4
27-02-2015, 11:39 AM

Sometimes it comes down to coaches demanding certain people take it, other times it is whoever is confident enough.

Sterling and Moreno are both a few years younger than Lovren, maybe they just didn't back themselves for it. Also it may be a very small thing, but Sterling is currently in negotiations with Liverpool about a new contract. Sometimes that kinda stuff can play up on players minds.

Bremsstrahlung
27-02-2015, 11:49 AM
I'd still back them over an out of form, low on confidence, out of the starting team for the league, Lovren.

pv4
27-02-2015, 11:56 AM
I'd still back them over an out of form, low on confidence, out of the starting team for the league, Lovren.

When you look at it that way, maybe this is Rodgers' fault for not thinking similar..

Bremsstrahlung
27-02-2015, 01:45 PM
On the opposing side, if he scored the winner, he'd be brimming with confidence. Gamble didn't pay off.

Yehh, I think Rodgers has ruined Lovren, for now.
Was good at Southampton with a specialist DM or sometimes 2 screening him/protecting him, and enabled him to go about his business.
Take that away, replace it with Gerrard (Who is not a typical DM, more a Quarterback style Deep Midfielder, nor is he able to adequately cover) and you expose Lovren a lot.
He's had moments of brilliance, and I don't doubt for a second he's a quality player but lately, playing in this team, thats playing this style, he's not performing.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Sakho. Has been the most solid defence we've had all season. Sure bring him in if needed, but, please can we not meddle with something that is working for our League games.

hawk
27-02-2015, 03:12 PM
p-ressure. boom, gone.

furns
27-02-2015, 09:52 PM
On the opposing side, if he scored the winner, he'd be brimming with confidence. Gamble didn't pay off.

Yehh, I think Rodgers has ruined Lovren, for now.
Was good at Southampton with a specialist DM or sometimes 2 screening him/protecting him, and enabled him to go about his business.
Take that away, replace it with Gerrard (Who is not a typical DM, more a Quarterback style Deep Midfielder, nor is he able to adequately cover) and you expose Lovren a lot.
He's had moments of brilliance, and I don't doubt for a second he's a quality player but lately, playing in this team, thats playing this style, he's not performing.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Sakho. Has been the most solid defence we've had all season. Sure bring him in if needed, but, please can we not meddle with something that is working for our League games.

See, I think that Can should be our DM going forward, which should provide protection for a back 3 of Lovren, Skrtel & Sakho.

MFKS
02-03-2015, 12:05 AM
Rather bizarre to see a side play with 2 out and out strikers with City starting Aguero and Djecko.

Good for the game. **** off this one striker shit

MFKS
02-03-2015, 12:11 AM
Kompany :rof:

Cracking strike though

MFKS
02-03-2015, 12:27 AM
Rather bizarre to see a side play with 2 out and out strikers with City starting Aguero and Djecko.

Good for the game. **** off this one striker shit

One striker sucks in defenders and lays off to strike partner to finish.

Not rocket science

Bremsstrahlung
02-03-2015, 12:52 AM
Open game.
Both sides defensively poor. Good to see some exciting end-to-end stuff. Liverpool probably could be 3-1 up if they took chances.

plague
02-03-2015, 12:53 AM
dead set Robbie Slater just rabbiting on about Hendersons goal being 'defendable'.
He carries on with more shit than you Member.
Up your game son.

MFKS
02-03-2015, 12:58 AM
dead set Robbie Slater just rabbiting on about Hendersons goal being 'defendable'.
He carries on with more shit than you Member.
Up your game son.

It was BK would have stopped it

cobra23
02-03-2015, 11:08 AM
great win for the reds, 2 classy goals as well..

Bon
02-03-2015, 11:12 AM
great win for the reds, 2 classy goals as well..

For sure..
Both goals were bloody amazing..

scouser
02-03-2015, 11:26 AM
Coutinho is just pure class - what a finish!

Bremsstrahlung
05-03-2015, 09:14 AM
Henderson is by far our most underrated player imo. Bloke is all class. You can tell Gerrard has been mentoring the guy, some of his balls are on par with what Gerrard can provide. Nicely taken goal, pin point cross to Sturridge. Works his ass off all game.
Coutinho is on fire at the moment.

Honestly don't know what to make of Allen. He doesn't really do anything wrong. But he doesn't exactly do anything brilliant.

cobra23
05-03-2015, 10:32 AM
Henderson is by far our most underrated player imo. Bloke is all class. You can tell Gerrard has been mentoring the guy, some of his balls are on par with what Gerrard can provide. Nicely taken goal, pin point cross to Sturridge. Works his ass off all game.

Honestly don't know what to make of Allen. He doesn't really do anything wrong. But he doesn't exactly do anything brilliant.

sometimes it works with someone like that in the team.
you have henderson who is on fire and running with confidence at the moment. you dont want another mid trying to out do him, or it could become very messy . so thats why its working brilliant at the moment. Allen just doing what he needs to do to contribute..

Bremsstrahlung
05-03-2015, 10:58 AM
Yeh I agree, he's doing well at taking a back seat and just doing what is needed.
Last year when he played he slowed things down a lot, when we needed a killer one touch pass through to Suarez or Sturridge he'd take a few touches, then try and play it when it was too late.

Last year I heard something that's lead to confirmation bias.
What Gerard can do with one touch, Henderson can do with 2. Joe Allen accomplishes the same thing with 20 passes.
Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike the guy. Was more saying how he doesn't have to do anything brillint. I find he plays well when we play reasonably good teams, where we need to slow things down occasionally. Really good short passing game though.

Jetmaster
05-03-2015, 12:04 PM
The constant indecision of Mignolet must concern you guys, you can see the frustration in Skrtel sometimes.

A quality keeper and a foil for Sturridge and Sterling is what you guys need to get back to last seasons standard.

Bremsstrahlung
05-03-2015, 01:29 PM
The constant indecision of Mignolet must concern you guys, you can see the frustration in Skrtel sometimes.

A quality keeper and a foil for Sturridge and Sterling is what you guys need to get back to last seasons standard.

Haha this is nothing compared to what we have had to endure from him at times. His recent good form is reciprocal of can, sakho and skrtel. If incidents like this morning continue to happen, it puts doubt in skrtel which reciprocally puts doubt in mignolet and we start the spiral again :/

Agreed. I would love to see Ryan get a gig there. Aussie and he has brilliant distribution.

furns
05-03-2015, 02:04 PM
Ryan is too young to push for the number 1 spot at LFC imo
Buy him then loan him to a top level club in Germany for two seasons to get experience at a higher level. Then we know whether we have a champions league level GK or someone who can't make that step up.

redwah
06-03-2015, 11:36 AM

I actually think Hendo was lucky to be in the team earlier in the season and the VC next to his name weighed heavy on him. His performances of late have picked up dramatically (maybe the step up to C). He seem to be driving forward more lately which he wasn't doing much earlier in the season.

Coutinho is boss big style. He is so light on his feet and has finally found some shooting boots.

Allen seems to light weight but has improved in the last couple of game, still gets pushed off the ball but has stopped getting caught with it as much.

If we can start next season as we are finishing this one a real push for the prem is definately on the cards.

Premy
06-03-2015, 05:57 PM
I actually think Hendo was lucky to be in the team earlier in the season and the VC next to his name weighed heavy on him. His performances of late have picked up dramatically (maybe the step up to C). He seem to be driving forward more lately which he wasn't doing much earlier in the season.

Coutinho is boss big style. He is so light on his feet and has finally found some shooting boots.

Allen seems to light weight but has improved in the last couple of game, still gets pushed off the ball but has stopped getting caught with it as much.

If we can start next season as we are finishing this one a real push for the prem is definately on the cards.The reason for Hendo's earlier season form, is he was played out wide as Stevie had the spot in the middle. Hendo has now step out of Stevie's shadow and he is now beginning to shine on his own.

parksey
06-03-2015, 06:15 PM
anyone notice the correlation between gerrard getting injured and liverpool starting a good run of form?

parksey
06-03-2015, 06:19 PM
http://fat.gfycat.com/InfatuatedHideousKitfox.mp4

plague
06-03-2015, 06:27 PM
anyone notice the correlation between gerrard getting injured and liverpool starting a good run of form?

Probably the blokes on here banging on about it for ages.

Premy
06-03-2015, 06:36 PM

Shouldn't you be more worried about the £100 million worth of flops on your side on Lancashire.

hawk
08-03-2015, 02:16 AM

nuh, but there is one between Suarez out and finally getting momentum going again.

Stevie would still walk into MU as captain.

parksey
08-03-2015, 01:59 PM
nuh, but there is one between Suarez out and finally getting momentum going again.

Stevie would still walk into MU as captain.

well he certainly wouldn't run into the team

Bremsstrahlung
08-03-2015, 02:19 PM
well he certainly wouldn't run into the team

Doesn't need to.

MFKS
08-03-2015, 06:19 PM
Doesn't need to.

Last I looked Manure were still ahead of scousers

Bremsstrahlung
08-03-2015, 07:35 PM

Wrong log in Captain Obvious.

hawk
10-03-2015, 09:13 PM

stick to bagging Stabbins

plague
23-03-2015, 01:47 AM
Getting schooled ATM.
Rodgers out.

Bremsstrahlung
23-03-2015, 01:50 AM
ManU going long to Fellaini every time.

Bremsstrahlung
23-03-2015, 01:54 AM
and can we have Markovic for Moreno please. Normally a fan of Moreno (due to his pace) But his distribution is horrendous.

Bremsstrahlung
23-03-2015, 02:41 AM
I don't want to live in this world anymore.

Jeterpool
23-03-2015, 10:27 AM
With due respect, that was a cracking second goal by Mata. And Gerrard - WTF....

Jeterpool
23-03-2015, 12:45 PM
Geez, people are on this other forum calling for Rodgers to be sacked after today's performance and that he needs to go if we don't make Top 4. Talk about fickle! Come and support a team which has won 2 in 22 and done nothing for 5 years and see how you like it.

Gotta say Gerrard certainly left his mark on the match even in such a short period.

snake
23-03-2015, 12:51 PM
Gotta say Gerrard certainly left his mark

:rof:

MFKS
23-03-2015, 12:59 PM
Gotta say Gerrard certainly left his mark on the match even in such a short period.

Tends to leave his mark on the defining moment of Liverpool season.

Least he didn't fall over

Jeterpool
23-03-2015, 01:06 PM
:rof:

I'm here all week

parksey
23-03-2015, 04:19 PM
deadset that could've been my favourite ck suck of all time

too good to be true

goaliepersempre
24-03-2015, 12:34 AM
Gerrard learning from the best in Rubezzzzzz

furns
04-04-2015, 04:36 PM
Tonights game will be the first big hitout for games being televised at SJ's. They have advised that they have installed a projector & screen in their bistro area, and with this being a holiday weekend it should be packed with Newy Reds.
Get along early and enjoy the night :)

MFKS
05-04-2015, 12:26 AM
Mignolet doing a wonderful Tando/BK tribute there :rof:

lquiquer
05-04-2015, 12:29 AM

U just beat me to it!!!!!..... :roflz:

lquiquer
05-04-2015, 12:30 AM
Beauty.......,

boz-monaut
05-04-2015, 12:31 AM
looks like I picked the wrong game to stay up for

Bremsstrahlung
05-04-2015, 12:31 AM
yeh, i'm going to bed. rubbish.

MFKS
05-04-2015, 12:36 AM
Cracking goal from Sánchez though.

Touch to beat Toure then another another little nothing touch which gets the ball out from under his feet which shows his class cause most players take a heavy touch to do it yet he does it with ease and then whooshka

lquiquer
05-04-2015, 12:38 AM

At least he dived

MFKS
05-04-2015, 12:48 AM
At least he dived

Bozza just gave a great critique on goalkeepers and free kicks smashing any illusions that the keeper is not responsible for everything on his side.

BK Fan Bois in hiding in 3-2-1

GazFish35
05-04-2015, 01:07 AM
Bozza just gave a great critique on goalkeepers and free kicks smashing any illusions that the keeper is not responsible for everything on his side.

Hi.

Who has any illusions?

hawk
05-04-2015, 03:43 PM
Hi.

Who has any illusions?

on what?

hawk
05-04-2015, 03:59 PM
Top 4 decided for CL.

oh crap, look at those ugly away jerseys. they deserve a flogging in those.

So who is going to claim the all important 2nd place?

MFKS
05-04-2015, 04:21 PM
Top 4 decided for CL.

oh crap, look at those ugly away jerseys. they deserve a flogging in those.

So who is going to claim the all important 2nd place?

I would be more worried about claiming 5th spot.
Southampton haven't fallen away and Spuds with the Harry Kane show rolling on ain't going anywhere either.

Scousers no certainty to even make Europe next season

plague
05-04-2015, 04:36 PM

Yeah, just like everyone on every goalie thread saying the same thing.
Didn't the Reds keeper get beat open side?
Weren't all the others beaten wall side?

Member makes another fart noise with his mouth in 3-2-1.......

MFKS
05-04-2015, 05:39 PM
Yeah, just like everyone on every goalie thread saying the same thing.
Didn't the Reds keeper get beat open side?
Weren't all the others beaten wall side?

Member makes another fart noise with his mouth in 3-2-1.......
Finkler smashed one past BK on the non wall side.

Oops

Wall side non wall side don't matter for BK

hawk
05-04-2015, 05:39 PM
Scousers no certainty to even make Europe next season

who said they were?

they will be there 110%

plague
05-04-2015, 05:56 PM
Finkler smashed one past BK on the non wall side.

Oops

Wall side non wall side don't matter for BK
Check the tape homie.
Most people (inc me) said it was BK's side to defend.

Onto the next one then...

hawk
10-04-2015, 10:39 PM
Liverpool forward Raheem Sterling, 20, and Arsenal winger Theo Walcott, 26, are poised to swap clubs in the summer with the Gunners ready to pay an extra £20m to complete the deal

that's not great

pistolpete
10-04-2015, 10:57 PM
I'm more concerned about teams coming for coutinho

plague
11-04-2015, 11:31 PM
I'd sell Sterling in a heartbeat.

Would take Walcott and £20m for him if there were no better deals.

Aaron Lennon v.2
Take the cash where you can get it.

Spend it on Coutinho and Henderson.

and 6 defenders.

hawk
13-04-2015, 01:04 PM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-fcs-raheem-sterling-pictured-5503698?

change my mind. hope the kent drowns on his vomit.

Bremsstrahlung
14-04-2015, 07:49 AM
change my mind. hope the kent drowns on his vomit.

Good goal for Sterling this morning. I'll pay him what he wants when he can finish simple 1-on-1 chances that are harder to miss. That tap in he sprayed wide was embarrassing, especially if he was a player on 100K + a week. Great little player, everyone stops what they are doing when he has the ball. Need to keep him, if his (and/or agent) arrogance doesn't get the better of him.

TAW had an interesting point on who you'd keep out of Sturridge and Sterling, if offered the same amount for either.

Really, really enjoying Can, Henderson and Coutinho this season.

hawk
14-04-2015, 09:16 AM
no doubt he is electrifying & has a big future.

Scores a lot more than courtinio. cant see where that argument has come from

plague
14-04-2015, 09:33 AM

Prob the mindset that a #10 is more valuable than a 'winger'.

Keep em both if possible but I'd pay Coutinho over Sterling esp if big money is on offer for Sterling.

IMHO once they sold Suarez then ain't no one got a mortgage on a spot in that squad.

Bremsstrahlung
14-04-2015, 10:12 AM

Which argument you talkin' bout?

TAW one was Sterling Vs Sturridge. Argument was that Sterling has played regularly in League, Cup and CL fixtures and his "poor game" is still a 7/10 as he creates a few chances. Sturridge has injury issues and has looked pretty ordinary upon his return, no faith in his body imo. It was just a hypothetical to try and justify Raheem's desire for higher wages, saying he is as important (if not more) and valuable to LFC as Sturridge atm, then why shouldn't their wages be similar. That's all.

I do agree with Plague's sentiments though . I'd rather build a team around Coutinho as a CAM. (With Henderson in behind). Than try and build a team around Sterling. The issue is though, we continue to sell our best players, the players that are bringing such success, then trying to replace them with players that will take time to bed in. Torres and Suarez. That is all. (Torres ruined his career leaving Liverpool imo)

Hopefully Coutinho has rounded a corner this season. Last season, very hot and cold. I was a bit of a critic of his last season. But apart from his first few games, he has been excellent all season. Arguably our best. Glad he's contracted for 5 years. Seems pretty happy as well.

p.s. Now Raheem's been caught high off Nitrous Oxide. He's awfully close to heading down a dangerous slope.

furns
14-04-2015, 11:29 AM
Which argument you talkin' bout?

TAW one was Sterling Vs Sturridge. Argument was that Sterling has played regularly in League, Cup and CL fixtures and his "poor game" is still a 7/10 as he creates a few chances. Sturridge has injury issues and has looked pretty ordinary upon his return, no faith in his body imo. It was just a hypothetical to try and justify Raheem's desire for higher wages, saying he is as important (if not more) and valuable to LFC as Sturridge atm, then why shouldn't their wages be similar. That's all.

I do agree with Plague's sentiments though . I'd rather build a team around Coutinho as a CAM. (With Henderson in behind). Than try and build a team around Sterling. The issue is though, we continue to sell our best players, the players that are bringing such success, then trying to replace them with players that will take time to bed in. Torres and Suarez. That is all. (Torres ruined his career leaving Liverpool imo)

Hopefully Coutinho has rounded a corner this season. Last season, very hot and cold. I was a bit of a critic of his last season. But apart from his first few games, he has been excellent all season. Arguably our best. Glad he's contracted for 5 years. Seems pretty happy as well.

p.s. Now Raheem's been caught high off Nitrous Oxide. He's awfully close to heading down a dangerous slope.Torres was ruined before he left Liverpool thanks to the Hodge. That we got any money for him continues to astound me.

Jeterpool
14-04-2015, 11:47 AM
How did Ibe play? I understand today was his first appearance following injury, but a lot of people are suggesting we sell Sterling because we have Ibe.

Sterling is heading down a sliding slope, I agree. He's almost going down the path Suarez took where he continues to bring the number of the club into disrepute by his actions to possibly force a move and get sold for a handsome fee.