PDA

View Full Version : L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Bremsstrahlung
15-04-2015, 09:03 AM
How did Ibe play? I understand today was his first appearance following injury, but a lot of people are suggesting we sell Sterling because we have Ibe.

Sterling is heading down a sliding slope, I agree. He's almost going down the path Suarez took where he continues to bring the number of the club into disrepute by his actions to possibly force a move and get sold for a handsome fee.

Not his best game. Had a rather Allen-esque game, where you didn't really notice him do anything spectacular, but he was there and didn't do anything drastically wrong. (I was in and out of sleep for about 15-20 minutes during the middle...). His debut was promising. But talk that he's better than Sterling is a little premature for my liking. Sure, he has potential, very similar player to Sterling by all accounts, but I think he's probably 12-18 months off being a regular starter (if his form/development continues). Expect him to get a lot of pre-season game time.

Sterling definitely appears to be doing a Suarez. Initially, i thought it was his agent, playing hardball, but now I think Sterling wants to leave.

Jeterpool
15-04-2015, 09:25 AM
Not his best game. Had a rather Allen-esque game, where you didn't really notice him do anything spectacular, but he was there and didn't do anything drastically wrong. (I was in and out of sleep for about 15-20 minutes during the middle...). His debut was promising. But talk that he's better than Sterling is a little premature for my liking. Sure, he has potential, very similar player to Sterling by all accounts, but I think he's probably 12-18 months off being a regular starter (if his form/development continues). Expect him to get a lot of pre-season game time.

Sterling definitely appears to be doing a Suarez. Initially, i thought it was his agent, playing hardball, but now I think Sterling wants to leave.

I read a tweet that suggested maybe Sterling has dropped his "bad advisers" and these photo leaks are a result of that. It came from TAW.

I reckon this will tell Raheem a lot about who his friends are and who aren't because this is his first really big scandal. Rodgers will out his arm around and in his own way, bring him through.

hawk
16-04-2015, 01:54 PM
Which argument you talkin' bout?

TAW one was Sterling Vs Sturridge.

nah the courtino vs Sterling discussion. good points made by all.

Sterling has contributed a bit more and is a goal scorer.

courto is quality in his position but feel Sterlo is more important provided he doesn't turn into a scum bucket gansta aids machine.

On the whole the team needs to stay together or they'll remain a mid table team.

furns
19-04-2015, 05:48 PM
All Newy Reds please be aware that the FA Cup semi final match tonight at midnight will be shown at Wests due to SJ's having to close at 1230am on sun night/mon mornings.

Buddha
20-04-2015, 11:08 AM
Sorry to spoil the party lads but boy you guys were rubbish hey. Apart from Coutinhos goal you did really have any clear cut chances. The bit that got me laughing was bringing Glen Johnson on when you need a goal.

Has anybody located Gerrard yet? Must of been hard playing with 10 men the whole time

BodyNovo
20-04-2015, 04:16 PM
Sorry to spoil the party lads but boy you guys were rubbish hey. Apart from Coutinhos goal you did really have any clear cut chances. The bit that got me laughing was bringing Glen Johnson on when you need a goal.

Has anybody located Gerrard yet? Must of been hard playing with 10 men the whole time

shuddup buddha

everyone knows you are a pompey fan who changed when they hit the shit :lulzturtle:

Buddha
20-04-2015, 05:24 PM
shuddup buddha

everyone knows you are a pompey fan who changed when they hit the shit :lulzturtle:
Guilty

But seriously would have been better playing against Blackburn who would have given it a real red hot go

BodyNovo
20-04-2015, 06:47 PM
Nah we are 2 shit

hawk
20-04-2015, 09:26 PM

Serve the pricks right. Cant even be stuffed having a go for some silverware. stupid red fks

Watch Villa turn to sh1t and get raped by arse.

I hope pool will lay down to chelks

GazFish35
20-04-2015, 09:29 PM
Watch Villa turn to sh1t and get raped by arse

Like hull?

This is arsenal remember, villa have every right to go into the match knowing they can win it.

furns
20-04-2015, 10:25 PM
I would point out that had Balo not been called offside incorrectly his goal would have stood.

lquiquer
20-04-2015, 10:32 PM
I would point out that had Balo not been called offside incorrectly his goal would have stood.

I would point out that Liverpool were very average all game possibly except for the last 10 minutes

furns
20-04-2015, 10:35 PM
I wouldn't disagree mate - villa thoroughly deserved to win.

hawk
29-04-2015, 10:52 PM
I wouldn't disagree mate - villa thoroughly deserved to win.

as did Hull. possession doesn't mean much these days

hawk
03-05-2015, 10:41 AM
smashed 10 man qpr 3-2.

hawk
15-05-2015, 11:49 PM
hold the tears, stevie's last game is near

Bremsstrahlung
22-05-2015, 12:30 PM
Steven Gerrard's Last game at Anfield.
Pre: http://streamable.com/0fn3

Bremsstrahlung
22-05-2015, 12:49 PM
Looking back, it was a pretty forgettable season for us.
The only real consolation was that we played absolutely terrible for a large chunk of the season, bar a run of 10 or so games after Christmas, and were still in with a realistic hope of Top 4 with 4-5 games to go.

Positive:
-The emergence of Can, with Gerrard gone, it would be good for him to move into Midfield.
- Skrtel is by far our best option at the back
- Mignolet for all his errors early on, recovered extraordinarily well and is in with a shot at Golden Glove, which when you look at our performances is quite an achievement.
- Coutinho was the shining light. Hopefully this was his breakthrough season. After struggling for consistency last year, he's turned it on this year and hopefully it continues.
- Henderson's transition into a Captaincy role. Plays so much better when Gerrard is off, he takes responsibility and can tell that he's been utilising some things he's picked up form Stevie.

Negative:
- Our lack of experience in our defence.
- Impotent in attack. Gerrard was our leading goalscorer, need I say more.

What we need:
- Seems a common theme, but i'd like to see us bring in a world class defender. A Hummels, Mascherano calibre player would be a great asset. p.s I'd rather have Agger back and get a refund for Lovren.
- A alternative to Mignolet. Obviously with Jones leaving, we need another keeper. I hope we go for Ryan tbh. Great distribution, best keeper in Belgium for last few years.
- Class, experienced midfielder.
- 2 x great strikers.
- Sell balo, borini, lambert. please. They add nothing.

Quality > Quantity.
We bought our "project" players last season. Now we need "Ready to go" players.

Jeterpool
22-05-2015, 12:56 PM
Looking back, it was a pretty forgettable season for us.
The only real consolation was that we played absolutely terrible for a large chunk of the season, bar a run of 10 or so games after Christmas, and were still in with a realistic hope of Top 4 with 4-5 games to go.

Positive:
-The emergence of Can, with Gerrard gone, it would be good for him to move into Midfield.
- Skrtel is by far our best option at the back
- Mignolet for all his errors early on, recovered extraordinarily well and is in with a shot at Golden Glove, which when you look at our performances is quite an achievement.
- Coutinho was the shining light. Hopefully this was his breakthrough season. After struggling for consistency last year, he's turned it on this year and hopefully it continues.
- Henderson's transition into a Captaincy role. Plays so much better when Gerrard is off, he takes responsibility and can tell that he's been utilising some things he's picked up form Stevie.

Negative:
- Our lack of experience in our defence.
- Impotent in attack. Gerrard was our leading goalscorer, need I say more.

What we need:
- Seems a common theme, but i'd like to see us bring in a world class defender. A Hummels, Mascherano calibre player would be a great asset. p.s I'd rather have Agger back and get a refund for Lovren.
- A alternative to Mignolet. Obviously with Jones leaving, we need another keeper. I hope we go for Ryan tbh. Great distribution, best keeper in Belgium for last few years.
- Class, experienced midfielder.
- 2 x great strikers.
- Sell balo, borini, lambert. please. They add nothing.

Quality > Quantity.
We bought our "project" players last season. Now we need "Ready to go" players.

I think we'll see a bit of a turnover, and not just in the playing staff. I have a feeling the if an "upgrade" on the manager can be found then Rodgers will go. A bigger name manager would be another reason for a player unsure of joining the club to join (you can come play for, say, Jurgen Klopp).

A number of the loan players will leave if a buyer can be found - Coates, Aspas, Alberto for example. I think next season we will see a return to the diamond and my priority signing would be a striker(s). Origi is coming in but he's failed to set the league alight in France this year and we must get Sturridge right.. Agree on keeper to challenge Mignolet.

Bremsstrahlung
22-05-2015, 01:13 PM
I think we'll see a bit of a turnover, and not just in the playing staff. I have a feeling the if an "upgrade" on the manager can be found then Rodgers will go. A bigger name manager would be another reason for a player unsure of joining the club to join (you can come play for, say, Jurgen Klopp).

Good point on Manager.
I think our stocks would rise significantly if we could get Klopp.
I honestly like Rodgers, he did wonders with us last season, but this season has really exposed some flaws. I would like to see him given another season to turn it around, but, Klopp, Ancelotti*, Benitez* all available (*Not necessarily them, but the coaches they may oust) now may be the time to upgrade.

hawk
22-05-2015, 02:22 PM
not ancelotti the $ chaser

pistolpete
22-05-2015, 11:43 PM
Sterling wouldn't sign for 900K per week. As if mate, you would eat your own shit for that kind of coin

hawk
22-05-2015, 11:55 PM
Sterling wouldn't sign for 900K per week. As if mate, you would eat your own shit for that kind of coin

turned out to be a turd burger a while ago. flush him.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/ed/ed866dfdc1aade581d01b5fd56a4b6a344a7d9692d7f2d0ce5 e87d132b688f25.jpg

pistolpete
23-05-2015, 12:04 AM
Ibe younger and stronger with more potential. Raheem "Patafta" Sterling will be a nobody in 5 years

hawk
23-05-2015, 12:53 AM
Raheem "Patafta" Sterling will be a nobody in 5 years

lol. PP you've still got it!

Premy
23-05-2015, 06:47 AM
Not to phased about Sterling leaving if it means Ibe can get a good run of games

plague
23-05-2015, 10:05 PM
This is a very good column about Steven Gerrard.
Honest amongst all the fanfare.
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/steven-gerrard-a-story-in-five-goals/

excuse the language though, its american.

Jeterpool
25-05-2015, 04:39 AM
:blush:

Bremsstrahlung
25-05-2015, 08:30 AM
Feel for Stevie, that's gash. Bloke deserves better.

Rodgers even more significantly under the pump than he was 24 hours ago imo.
Going into a "End of season" review with a win, draw or narrow loss is one thing, getting pumped 6-1 in your club legend's final game surely doesn't bode well.

Jeterpool
25-05-2015, 10:22 AM
Feel for Stevie, that's gash. Bloke deserves better.

Rodgers even more significantly under the pump than he was 24 hours ago imo.
Going into a "End of season" review with a win, draw or narrow loss is one thing, getting pumped 6-1 in your club legend's final game surely doesn't bode well.

"It was fantastic that Liverpool showed great character to only be 5 behind at half time"

plague
25-05-2015, 03:53 PM
Jurgen Klopp just sitting there flicking through Ferrari catalogs waiting for the phone to ring.

He picked quite possibly the best year to have a rubbish season ever.

hawk
25-05-2015, 09:11 PM
"It was fantastic that Liverpool showed great character to only be 5 behind at half time"

hahaha. just another year for the reds. onwards and upwards to 4th.....

MFKS
25-05-2015, 10:34 PM
Jurgen Klopp just sitting there flicking through Ferrari catalogs waiting for the phone to ring.

He picked quite possibly the best year to have a rubbish season ever.
As if he would be willing to accept a shit gig like coaching Liverpool when he could go anywhere??

Career suicide

plague
26-05-2015, 12:27 AM
As if he would be willing to accept a shit gig like coaching Liverpool when he could go anywhere??

Career suicide

nah cuz. my post was saying that his phone is gonna ring, and ring and ring.
he'll choose the pick of the jobs available across europe.
Liverpool will be one of the choices it would seem.

regardless, he's getting paid and he's landing on his feet.

and to think more of it, getting liverpool anywhere above 7th is an upgrade right? and if they go to shit he can pull the 'rebuilding phase after Gerrards gone etc etc etc" might get 4 or 5 years worth of excuses.

if he goes to Madrid/Arsenal/citeh he needs to win the comp or he's failed.

MFKS
26-05-2015, 12:57 AM
Can go to Arsenal and have no pressure

Winning shit has never been a pre requisite for Wenger keeping his job

hawk
31-05-2015, 11:39 AM
and to think more of it, getting liverpool anywhere above 7th is an upgrade right? and if they go to shit he can pull the 'rebuilding phase after Gerrards gone etc etc etc" might get 4 or 5 years worth of excuses.

if he goes to Madrid/Arsenal/citeh he needs to win the comp or he's failed.

This is on the money.

ToddG NBUnited
12-06-2015, 09:18 PM
Does anyone know of a website that lists reds players and what games they scored their goals in?

I'm trying to trace all of Craig Johston's goals to specific games.

Found it...http://www.lfchistory.net/players/player/profile/335

plague
15-06-2015, 10:35 AM
Harry Kewell played in the Liverpool 'legends' team v Real Madrid yesterday at the Bernabau.

You all need to find yourselves some better 'legends' if he's making the cut.

Jeterpool
15-06-2015, 10:45 AM
Harry Kewell played in the Liverpool 'legends' team v Real Madrid yesterday at the Bernabau.

You all need to find yourselves some better 'legends' if he's making the cut.

Jason McAteer made the cut too :rof:

plague
15-06-2015, 11:30 AM
Jason McAteer made the cut too :rof:

Yeah but at least McAteer has the accent to at least fool a few more people.
Kewell was trash there and everyone hated his guts.

furns
23-06-2015, 04:21 PM
Latest Anfield Wrap ep - excellent discussion on transfers.

Also looks likely Sterling will go to Citeh for the 50mil price we slapped on his forehead. Happy to let him go?

hawk
23-06-2015, 09:28 PM
Latest Anfield Wrap ep - excellent discussion on transfers.

Also looks likely Sterling will go to Citeh for the 50mil price we slapped on his forehead. Happy to let him go?

He's pretty good but he seems to have fallen for the street homeboy syndrome. can go back to cosby kids for all i care.

sewarez was a bigger loss

furns
23-06-2015, 09:38 PM
Looks like we are about to sign Roberto Firmino from Hoffenheim
Also looking at Carlos Bacca from Sevilla instead of Benteke from Villa because they want 32mil pounds. Bacca has a release clause of 21.5mil pounds and scored 20 goals in La Liga last season and won the Europa League. TAW boys were waxing lyrical about him for about 10 minutes straight haha

plague
23-06-2015, 09:39 PM

take the money.
heck, hire a nice car to get him safely to Maine Road.

Bremsstrahlung
23-06-2015, 10:01 PM
My concerns with Sterling are not regarding him leaving for 50M. It's the way in which he's gone about it. We kind of need to show that we are capable of playing hardball a little bit with regards to our players. Suarez kicked up a stink, started misbehaving and was practically a liability in the end. Sterling is doing the same thing, his actions in the media, his agent's comments and his general demeanour towards the end of the year have made him somewhat of a liability. Once you have a player that wants out, it is very hard to regain their interest, and who wants to have a player in first 11 that does't want to be there, you ain't getting his best. But it sends a message to current/future players that if they want a deal, just act up, and we will let you go. Other clubs pounce on this. Clubs would be offering more for Sterling if they thought he was happy at Liverpool. They know he is unsettled, they know Liverpool are strongly considering letting him go, they won't have to try as hard as they would normally to get him.

Regardless, I'd probably let him go for the 50M or pimp him out to the highest paying club.
Firminio looks like a good signing if we get him. Would be good with Coutinho and him linking, with Lucas around the squad too.
Don't know much about Bacca (apart from what TAW have been saying which makes him sound like Ronaldo).

furns
23-06-2015, 10:05 PM
Will take Bacca over Benteke

Bremsstrahlung
23-06-2015, 10:07 PM
Never really rated Benteke. Granted, haven't really seen him play much, but he strikes me as being similar to Balotelli. More so, I don't think he suits the way we play best.
We need pace up front for mine.

plague
23-06-2015, 10:17 PM
Suarez kicked up a stink, started misbehaving and was practically a liability in the end.

wasn't his gripe about a handshake deal he had with management a few years back that if there was no Champions League football he could go?
(around the time of the Victory match in Aust?). I thought he then agreed to play out the year (2013/14) then he could go. he was player of the year in his last season and darn near won the title himself. i was more than ok with the way it went down other than thinking that Liverpool were stupid for letting him go for anything less than $500,000,000,000.

hawk
24-06-2015, 10:41 PM
who?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33250535

Bremsstrahlung
25-06-2015, 10:15 AM
If he's anything like Coutinho, i'm happy.
Watched a few of his highlights on the Tube this morning. Looks like he plays best in AM, and he seems to pile on the assists. But he likes to get forward and join the front line a bit as well. I daresay his first position would be AM, with ability to play up front.
Still think we need a world class striker and maybe a new CB. Especially if we sell Sterling, a world class proven striker is needed.

Overall, I don't think out signings are too bad this summer.
Milner and Bogden on frees. Milner will be a great addition. I wish we got a bit of a better keeper though. To really push Mignolet.
Ings - hopefully develops a little. If he can score that many for Burnley, hopefully with better service, he can knock a few more in.
Origi - not overly convinced.
Firmino - Doesn't look bad. Should be a handy player.

We really need to start getting quality over quantity. The need for a squad is diminished this year. I think we will write off Europa for players needing a game. Focus on the League.

Jeterpool
25-06-2015, 10:34 AM
who?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33250535

Some people on another forum I was on (forgive me nf.net) specifically for Liverpool have been banging on about him for a few years. I've not seen him play a match but he has some reasonable highlights, then again so does Darren Bent.

I'm excited about him.

hawk
26-06-2015, 09:34 AM
We really need to start getting quality over quantity. The need for a squad is diminished this year. I think we will write off Europa for players needing a game. Focus on the League.

This. and and bit of mongrel at the back.

Bremsstrahlung
08-07-2015, 09:21 AM
Sterling being a little bitch and refusing to go on tour.
Hope City don't match the 50M valuation and he's stuck here. Fair enough request a transfer or better pay, but acting like a spoilt brat to the club that gave him a chance and helped make him the "name" he is now, is a testament to his ego and lack of loyalty.
Any idea how much city are offering for his wages?
Maybe we will do a deal with city and get jovetic.

hawk
08-07-2015, 10:36 AM
so how will pool throw their Sterling pounds down the drain this time?

Bremsstrahlung
08-07-2015, 12:42 PM
I kinda hope we save it for January and actually make 1 or 2 signings depending upon what we need then. Unless we realy are banking on somebody decent.
I'm reallllllly not excited for benteke. We should be aiming higher. Happy to be proven wrong though.

plague
08-07-2015, 01:43 PM
so how will pool throw their Sterling pounds down the drain this time?

In other news it's Aquillani's birthday today.
Cost £20m, made 9 starts.
Happy birthday.

hawk
08-07-2015, 10:15 PM
In other news it's Aquillani's birthday today.
Cost £20m, made 9 starts.
Happy birthday.

boom

Jeterpool
13-07-2015, 08:32 AM
49 million pound offer accepted for Sterling. 45 up front and 4 in add-ons.

Sterling now out of the Liverpool tour.

plague
13-07-2015, 10:22 AM
49 million pound offer accepted for Sterling. 45 up front and 4 in add-ons.

Sterling now out of the Liverpool tour.

thats almost 2 and a half new Aqilanni's!!!

plague
13-07-2015, 10:23 AM
Milners better than Sterling anyway.

Jeterpool
13-07-2015, 10:28 AM
thats almost 2 and a half new Aqilanni's!!!

Maybe they can find a complete player who doesn't break down as often in all of that.

I'll give Liverpool this, they've negotiated some great fees of late with Sterling, Suarez and Torres. It's just a shame they seem to waste the money when they get it.

Grimario
13-07-2015, 11:14 AM
Which of you lot are coming to Adelaide next week?

Jeterpool
13-07-2015, 11:53 AM

Was going to be but finances mean I'm not this time. Next time I'm over there seeing Mrs Jeterpool's family I'll give you a shout.

Bremsstrahlung
13-07-2015, 12:54 PM
Brisbane for me!

Grimario
13-07-2015, 01:01 PM
Brisbane for me!

Makes sense if going from Newy. Direct flight :yes:

furns
13-07-2015, 01:22 PM
I shall be in attendance

Bremsstrahlung
14-07-2015, 11:23 AM
Suppose we make 1 more signing.
Who do you want it to be?

For me. Reus.
Not sure how true the rumours are though. Don't know he's leave Dortmund. Might jump the sinking ship it seems to be atm.

Bon
14-07-2015, 11:28 AM

For me. Reus.
Not sure how true the rumours are though. Don't know he's leave Dortmund. Might jump the sinking ship it seems to be atm.

Yeah i was reading that earlier, that if/when the Sterling medical is completed and he goes, that we will be making a play for Reus..
I also saw Benteke's name thrown about too..

furns
14-07-2015, 02:03 PM
Pedro is now available for about 22mil and Chelsea are pursuing him
Should be at least approaching him to gauge interest

Jeterpool
14-07-2015, 02:23 PM

For me. Reus.

Are there rumours around Reus? Are any of them credible?

parksey
14-07-2015, 02:38 PM
i would have thought you've got a ready made replacement for stirling in firminio.

surely you've got to be looking at signing a quality striker and maybe a good defender.

reus isn't a number 9 and maybe not exactly what you need but he'd easily be the best player in the squad.

plague
14-07-2015, 05:23 PM
Liverpool have Suarez = Liverpool good.
Liverpool no have Suarez = Liverpool bad.

Liverpool with or without Suarez = Liverpool letting in lots of goals.

maybe get a striker or 4 defenders.

plague
16-07-2015, 10:57 AM
Considering these pre season tours are just 'brand building' exercises designed to generate memberships/fan bases/global sponsors etc why the **** would you back door it at the airport?

Geez it's not like anyone in that team is famous enough anyway.

Poor form.

Bremsstrahlung
16-07-2015, 11:22 AM
Probably hiding from the savages that are the Australian media.
I remember the way they hasseled Suarez when he arrived was pretty distasteful. There was a good news story, and they turned it to a controversy. (I get that controversy sells).

But Yeh, agreed. Poor form.
On the plus, report Henderson kept the team bus waiting as he was signing autographs in Thailand.

plague
16-07-2015, 11:48 AM
Probably hiding from the savages that are the Australian media.
I remember the way they hasseled Suarez when he arrived was pretty distasteful. There was a good news story, and they turned it to a controversy. (I get that controversy sells).

But Yeh, agreed. Poor form.
On the plus, report Henderson kept the team bus waiting as he was signing autographs in Thailand.

Can't see how Aussie media were any different from what they dealt with at home.

And as I said there is no one in that team now that is even 1% as famous as Suarez or Gerrard. If they took thier trackies off they prob wouldn't get recognised by local media anyway.

The only famous blokes on that plane were the ones that actually did go and greet the fans (Fowler and Rush).

Thier team manager/social director/whoever needs a foot in the arse for that.

furns
16-07-2015, 02:22 PM
It was actually a crowd management issue.
Last tour they completely underestimated the amount of people who would show up to greet the team, and security was unable to prevent the team getting rushed.

As the arrivals halls in Brisbane & Adelaide are smaller than Melbourne, they choose to process immigration on the plane and exit directly on the bus. The welcome was at the Hilton where they are staying.

plague
16-07-2015, 04:07 PM
It was actually a crowd management issue.
Last tour they completely underestimated the amount of people who would show up to greet the team, and security was unable to prevent the team getting rushed.

As the arrivals halls in Brisbane & Adelaide are smaller than Melbourne, they choose to process immigration on the plane and exit directly on the bus. The welcome was at the Hilton where they are staying.

whoever made that excuse up has done a terrible job.

Whatever though, no biggie.

I think people who stake out hotels and airports to see famous people are a bit weird anyway.

hawk
16-07-2015, 07:42 PM
Considering these pre season tours are just 'brand building' exercises designed to generate memberships/fan bases/global sponsors etc why the **** would you back door it at the airport?

Geez it's not like anyone in that team is famous enough anyway.

Poor form.

you can repeat this again during the season if you like. 5th place tops this season

Bremsstrahlung
18-07-2015, 12:43 AM
Pre game at the pub had more atmosphere than that game.
Pre game was great up the road.
Ynwa was pretty well done, as was the minutes applause for the 96.
Glad brisbane scored first as it meant liverpool actually had to play.
Some promising signs (if you want to read I to trial games).
Milner looks very solid, hendo is a workhorse, mignolet looked to be commanding and yelling Alot, Gomez looked ok and should develop on loan, Clyne did well also.
The bad, origi I hardly noticed do anything, ings was trying really hard to make things happen and it's good to see his determination.
Lambert just adds nothing.

From that display. We need a god damn striker!!!!

Hope you guys enjoy radelaide!

plague
18-07-2015, 01:16 AM
Wot was the score?

Buddha
20-07-2015, 08:18 PM
**** me Archie Thompson loves himself doesn't he, if he was actually decent it'd be alright,

terry
20-07-2015, 08:32 PM
just mumble the first few lines aye. this is adelaide mofos

pv4
20-07-2015, 08:41 PM
This is a legit question.

Does the low to mid 30m deal for Benteke just reak of the Andy Carroll move to anyone else?

hawk
20-07-2015, 08:53 PM

Does the low to mid 30m deal for Benteke just reak of the Andy Carroll move to anyone else?

to a certin extent. bentk is way better than the carroll but no sewerez

Grimario
20-07-2015, 08:56 PM

Benteke is a far more complete footballer than Carroll IMO. And 30m is peanuts with the current TV deal in mind... his fee these days would break 50m.

Buddha
20-07-2015, 09:32 PM
I'll take the 32.5 million any day.

plague
20-07-2015, 09:45 PM
Benteke is a far more complete footballer than Carroll IMO.

yes def agree on this, and pretty much every player these days is 'overpaid' its just the way of the world.
Carroll was a stupid purchase, brought in on the back of a one trick pony standing out in a shit team but the powers that be seemed to get caught up in a race to sign the next 'great white hope'.

they had success with a range of similar style players in Suarez/Kuyt but seemed to throw that philosophy away for a big target man. Not sure the last team to be a success with that style of play. (and don't say Chelsea with Costa because Hazard won them that title).

Jeterpool
20-07-2015, 10:03 PM
yes def agree on this, and pretty much every player these days is 'overpaid' its just the way of the world.
Carroll was a stupid purchase, brought in on the back of a one trick pony standing out in a shit team but the powers that be seemed to get caught up in a race to sign the next 'great white hope'.

they had success with a range of similar style players in Suarez/Kuyt but seemed to throw that philosophy away for a big target man. Not sure the last team to be a success with that style of play. (and don't say Chelsea with Costa because Hazard won them that title).

Blackburn with Shearer and Sutton? Or Leeds with big Dukes up top?

Grimario
20-07-2015, 10:05 PM
I would have been ABSOLUTELY spent if Elrich scored then.

pv4
20-07-2015, 10:53 PM

Bayern with Gomez, and later Manduzkić

plague
20-07-2015, 11:13 PM

The year Manduzkic top scored on 17 they had 6 players in double figures, and a team with Robben, Mueller, Schweiny, Gomez and Ribery are more than a one trick pony. The year before he was only 2 goals in font of Mueller.

Cant find anything on the Gomez years so will take your word on it.

The 2 years of Carroll getting the plaudits at Newcastle the 2nd highest scorer was Kevin ****ing Nolan. Anyone was gonna look good amongst that Geordie pile of stink.

parksey
21-07-2015, 11:01 AM

please

a blind rat could score 30 goals a season in that bayern team

bayern's success has got nothing to do with their strikers, especially gomez

pv4
21-07-2015, 11:26 AM
What about any team featuring Zlatan?

Imyourhero
21-07-2015, 11:41 AM
What about any team featuring Zlatan?

Don't you even dare bringing God into the same conversation as Andy Carroll.

pv4
21-07-2015, 11:57 AM
Don't you even dare bringing God into the same conversation as Andy Carroll.

We were talking about teams who have been successful with a big target man.

De-Champ
21-07-2015, 04:38 PM
We were talking about teams who have been successful with a big target man.

Zlatan is not a target man. He is a one man team!

pv4
21-07-2015, 06:11 PM
please

a blind rat could score 30 goals a season in that bayern team

bayern's success has got nothing to do with their strikers, especially gomez

What are your thoughts on the success of Manure with van Nistelrooy, and the team around him?

hawk
21-07-2015, 08:41 PM
What are your thoughts on the success of Manure with van Nistelrooy, and the team around him?

the rest of their team put his goals on a platter for him.

Allan Shearer was a true centre forward

parksey
21-07-2015, 09:11 PM

he was the best striker i've seen play for united and is one of the best pure strikers of all time.

the team's success was a combination of the quality around him and his ability to finish the chances created for him with amazing consistency. there was no changing of philosophy to suit him; we had lot of wing play with becks and giggs out wide and a young scholes making the play and getting forward.

he was a top class striker and a perfect fit for the team. his intelligent movement and strength meant that he was always an option for those with the ball.

pv4
21-07-2015, 10:46 PM
he was the best striker i've seen play for united and is one of the best pure strikers of all time.

the team's success was a combination of the quality around him and his ability to finish the chances created for him with amazing consistency. there was no changing of philosophy to suit him; we had lot of wing play with becks and giggs out wide and a young scholes making the play and getting forward.

he was a top class striker and a perfect fit for the team. his intelligent movement and strength meant that he was always an option for those with the ball.

Take out the reference to becks, giggs and scholes - did you think similar of particularly first-year RVP?

plague
22-07-2015, 09:52 AM

I'd say Ruud was more a 'finisher' than a target man. Fergie was great at keeping his philosophy simple and continually plugging new players into that system with great effect.

Having said that 'finisher' is a pretty weak explanation of how ****ing good
Ruud was. Bloke was just made to score goals.

Reackon Hawk has nailed it with his Shearer post though. Great example, although that was what? 30 years ago? Times have changed.

parksey
22-07-2015, 01:01 PM
Take out the reference to becks, giggs and scholes - did you think similar of particularly first-year RVP?

van persie pretty much carried us to our last title

MFKS
23-07-2015, 09:09 AM
So theres £32.5m of the Sterling money wasted on Benteke.

Liverpool never disappoint when it comes to paying overs for average players

parksey
23-07-2015, 10:21 AM
benteke is like 23

edit: i read "average" as "overage"

anyway, i think 30mil for a young striker of benteke's quality is more than fair. for some reason people seem to not realise, or refuse to accept, that transfer fees are just inherently bigger than they were 10 years ago. the amount of money available tos clubs is rising every year and thus so is the price of players.

Jeterpool
23-07-2015, 10:28 AM

I'm certainly not writing him off before he's played a game. I think he will do ok.

Premy
23-07-2015, 10:28 AM

His £10mil overpriced but non the less it's still a good signing.

MFKS
23-07-2015, 01:15 PM
benteke is like 23

edit: i read "average" as "overage"

anyway, i think 30mil for a young striker of benteke's quality is more than fair. for some reason people seem to not realise, or refuse to accept, that transfer fees are just inherently bigger than they were 10 years ago. the amount of money available tos clubs is rising every year and thus so is the price of players.

It has nothing to do with inflation from 10 years ago.

I look it as value for money.

Arsenal signed Alexis Sanchez a QUALITY proven international player for similar money 12 months ago.

If comparing the two signings head to head Benteke is easily worth half of what Sanchez is.

Its really about what others are paying for players.
Liverpool here have massively overspent on what Bentekes true transfer worth is just like Man City did signing Sterling

Imyourhero
23-07-2015, 01:27 PM
Lukaku > Benteke

parksey
23-07-2015, 02:43 PM
It has nothing to do with inflation from 10 years ago.

I look it as value for money.

Arsenal signed Alexis Sanchez a QUALITY proven international player for similar money 12 months ago.

If comparing the two signings head to head Benteke is easily worth half of what Sanchez is.

Its really about what others are paying for players.
Liverpool here have massively overspent on what Bentekes true transfer worth is just like Man City did signing Sterling

Yeah agree about Alexis being much better value, but that was a pretty great deal for Arsenal.

Benteke is a proven premier league striker. He's scored 42 goals in 88 league games for Villa, about 1 goal in every 2 games despite being out injured a few times. He's only 24 and had time to run on his contract so 30 odd million is fair to me.

I don't know if city's deal for Sterling was all that bad too.

Lukaku > Benteke

Nah I reckon Benteke is more accomplished than Lukaku, who seems to think he's already made it.

Bremsstrahlung
10-08-2015, 02:37 AM
It really is so much better watching Johnson play for the opposing team.

Bremsstrahlung
10-08-2015, 03:59 AM
Welcome back Coutinho!!!!!:brrr:

cobra23
10-08-2015, 10:52 AM
another fantasic strike from the little brazilian....
its always good to get a win in the first game, even if it was a scrappy game.

plague
10-08-2015, 11:05 AM
Welcome back Coutinho!!!!!:brrr:

Don't call it a comeback, coz he's been here for years.

hawk
10-08-2015, 09:58 PM
Stoke have that dirty cvnt Hughes making sure they hack their way to plenty of pts this season.

Bremsstrahlung
10-08-2015, 11:33 PM
I know it's hypocritocal but Stokes acting and the ref being a soft cock was frustrating me to no end.
Milner on Charlie Adam :wub:

Jeterpool
11-08-2015, 09:31 AM
Have taped the game and read it was poor quality but will still be watching it back. Look forward to seeing this Milner hit on Adam.

Bremsstrahlung
11-08-2015, 09:49 AM
Probably don't get your hopes up too much.
Charlie Adams return hack on Henderson was probably worse.
This is 2am brain remembering though.

plague
18-08-2015, 06:32 AM
Liverpool got away with that first goal.

Bremsstrahlung
18-08-2015, 06:51 AM
Liverpool got away with that first goal.

Which one?
The goal Bournemouth scored? - 50/50 call for them. Hands were around Lovren's neck, but, Skrtel is man handling people every single corner. An early call probably saved the referee from a bit more of a backlash.

Benteke's? - With the new rule/rule change, i agree. Coutinho playing at it, making a lunge at it would've put the keeper in two minds, and i mean, it's not like he was a long way from the ball. Under the previous rules, definite goal.

Bournemouth looking quite impressive for a new team.They came out quick (the secret to success at Anfield) and took it to us. Looks all Liverpool now though as the game wears on.

Clyne was a good signing. Looks very solid.
Coutinho, not at his best, but still dangerous.

Keen to see Sturridge/Firmino/Ings playing in around Benteke. Brilliant touch on the big guy.

Premy
18-08-2015, 06:53 AM
Liverpool got away with that first goal.if you're referring to the disallowed goal I have to disagree, hands over the top Lovren rightly given free kick.

if you're talking about Benteke goal, then yes I would agree. Coutinho was well offside.

Premy
18-08-2015, 06:59 AM
Benteke's? - With the new rule/rule change, i agree. Coutinho playing at it, making a lunge at it would've put the keeper in two minds, and i mean, it's not like he was a long way from the ball. Under the previous rules, definite goal.
Under both rules it should have been disallowed.
Passive offside under the old rule was basically a player can be in an offside position but only becomes offside when they influence play.
There was no need for the rule change they just needed the officials to judge to the rule. Which apparently after seeing that they still can't do it.

Bremsstrahlung
18-08-2015, 07:23 AM
Lallana on overtime today. 62 minutes and counting and still not subbed.
He's still out there right? MIA.

Premy
18-08-2015, 07:58 AM
Got lucky on that one.
Some good signs but we weren't good enough, Benteke will do well, Coutinho is just getting better every game, Moreno, Clyne and Ibe were very promising.
Lallana, Milne and Henderson won't work in the middle 3, Can to replace Lallana is the way forward I feel.
Lovren and Skrtel will work if the midfield can hold the ball, they put in a hard shift today it's not easy when you constantly turn over possession.

Not terrible but not good enough, Bournemouth will fell hard do by to not get a point.

Jeterpool
18-08-2015, 08:57 AM
Firmino really needed to shut things down a few times. Instead of playing the simple ball, he tried to be too fancy and beat a player "Suarez" style by nutmegging him.

I think he'll cop a serve from Brendan.

WolfMan
18-08-2015, 12:13 PM
Under both rules it should have been disallowed.
Passive offside under the old rule was basically a player can be in an offside position but only becomes offside when they influence play.
There was no need for the rule change they just needed the officials to judge to the rule. Which apparently after seeing that they still can't do it.

100%. Offside no matter which way you slice it.

A really entertaining match for the neutral, Bournemouth did deserve a share of the points, but that's football.

plague
18-08-2015, 01:07 PM
I thought Lallana was very 'busy' but not all that effective. Can only assume that drives control freaks like Rodgers batshit crazy.
they went to water when Henderson went off (anyone remember they actually lost the title the other year because he was suspended).

Coutinho is a lovely player to watch.

Bournemouth had a red hot go. Tyler was saying that thats how they play so if thats the case hopefully they get some results and stay up.

plague
25-08-2015, 06:47 AM
That 1st half was as good as I've seen them since Suarez left.

Bremsstrahlung
25-08-2015, 06:52 AM
Game of chances so far. Coutinho is an absolute menace. This is probably his best game this season. Didn't think he was great last week, but he's firing tonight. Could be game over. Coutinho with crossbar, and post.
Cech making some absolutely brilliant saves.
They'll consider themselves unlucky Ramsay was ruled offside (Looked level on the replay, but my bias can see how if you were directly in line, skrtel leaning left and Ramsay leaning right, he could've looked off) but really, since then, only one team looks like scoring.
wtf, was with Milner/Skrtel's cock up in the box. Milner was set to knock it into Tuesday (their time) and pulled out very late.

Bremsstrahlung
25-08-2015, 07:19 AM
our clearances:banghead:

plague
25-08-2015, 07:21 AM
That 1st half was as good as I've seen them since Suarez left.

..........and this 2nd half is what they've been like since he left.

Bremsstrahlung
25-08-2015, 07:58 AM
..........and this 2nd half is what they've been like since he left.

We should've won that in the first 45.
Instead we are scrapping to stay in it.
If i was neutral, one of the most entertaining 0-0 draws i've seen.
Need to be more clinical. Moreno at the end there, either hit it or pass it. He is so quick, you can't get caught from behind in the box after a 70yard run. Benteke was an option early on, and Can coming in the mix unmarked late.
Rossiter was an interesting substitution. Tough circumstances for the young guy to make his debut.
Good to see Mignolet of old making some good saves. Not too many brain explosions. Did particularly well to get to Giroud's shot from point blank, and when he was wrong footed by Lovren's deflection.

Game of 2 halves. I'll take a draw.

WolfMan
25-08-2015, 08:09 AM
Neutral here, and as stated earlier - a fantastic goalless draw.

Had Arsenal won, I'd be up $75. Stupid multi' falling at the last hurdle!

Both GK's were incredible at times. Don't understand why Arsenal try and walk the ball in the net every time.

Good point away from home for Liverpool

Frodo
25-08-2015, 08:50 AM
Liverpool doing well with the offside rule this year. 3 points gifted from rubbish decisions by linesmen!

Bremsstrahlung
25-08-2015, 09:37 AM
Liverpool doing well with the offside rule this year. 3 points gifted from rubbish decisions by linesmen!

Win some you lose some.
We've lost for the past few seasons.
Bout time it starts to even up.

edit: and probably closer to 5 points.

Premy
25-08-2015, 09:51 AM
A wah wah wah

Wah wah wah

Wah wah pv4 wah wah

Wah wah I'm a whinging Goona wah

Wah wah wah.

pv4
25-08-2015, 10:06 AM
A wah wah wah

Wah wah wah

Wah wah pv4 wah wah

Wah wah wah.

:rof: wat :oops:

I only got to watch the second half but far out, Arsenal were camped in Pool's defensive third. Skrtel was immense - so many goals would have been scored if he wasn't there.

WolfMan
25-08-2015, 10:08 AM
:rof: wat :oops:

I only got to watch the second half but far out, Arsenal were camped in Pool's defensive third. Skrtel was immense - so many goals would have been scored if he wasn't there.

First half was the exact opposite. Liverpool were bossing it and should have had at least 1 goal

pv4
25-08-2015, 10:16 AM
A wah wah wah

Wah wah wah

Wah wah pv4 wah wah

Wah wah wah.

http://fat.gfycat.com/SeriousInsecureAustralianfurseal.webm

furns
28-08-2015, 02:12 AM
Newy Reds get along to SJ's this saturday night for the Hammers visit to Anfield. Game will kick off at midnight and will be televised on the big screen with sound in the restaurant.
Be aware that there is no entry after 1am, and bar service ceases at 3am.

We are trying to build this venue up and get more supporters along, so please pass on the word to fellow Reds and get along Saturday night.

hawk
30-08-2015, 10:30 AM
Newy Reds get along to SJ's this saturday night for the Hammers visit to Anfield. Game will kick off at midnight and will be televised on the big screen with sound in the restaurant.
Be aware that there is no entry after 1am, and bar service ceases at 3am.

We are trying to build this venue up and get more supporters along, so please pass on the word to fellow Reds and get along Saturday night.

must have been a hard watch

Jeterpool
30-08-2015, 12:53 PM
That's the Lovren we're used to.

parksey
30-08-2015, 05:00 PM
http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/29/dejan-lovrens-awful-performance-during-liverpool-v-west-ham-summed-up-in-brilliant-gifs-5366934/

plague
30-08-2015, 06:00 PM
4 games in and you've already got a minus goal diff and only played one decent team (I'm being very kind pv4).
The future is bleak, at least you got a decent Europa league draw.

goaliepersempre
30-08-2015, 07:03 PM
Yeah even not a liverpool supporter friend of mine in the kurve is... so we might be heading the the Sion vs Liverpool game.

hawk
13-09-2015, 11:13 AM
Will bentekes strike hide the fact that reds are manu bitches?

plague
13-09-2015, 11:41 AM
and the bookies have me $1.90 on a sure thing.

Ta.

Bremsstrahlung
13-09-2015, 04:22 PM
Some goal but. Rubbish game. Need hendo back. Need Suarez back.
2 up front please Brendan, this 4-3-3 thing isn't really working atm.

parksey
13-09-2015, 04:31 PM
yew

Bremsstrahlung
13-09-2015, 11:49 PM
yew

Some free kick. Really enjoyed that. Well worked.

redwah
14-09-2015, 09:41 AM
Some goal but. Rubbish game. Need hendo back. Need Suarez back.
2 up front please Brendan, this 4-3-3 thing isn't really working atm.

Is it that or this Brendan thing isn't working?

I get goint to the Mancs and parking the bus to try and get a point but when you ship 3 doing it there is something fundamentally wrong. Does it show that West ham are a better team than us coming to ours with exactly the same gameplan and getting 3 to our 0 or are we really that poor?

It isn't all doom and gloom, chelsea have lost 3....HAHAHAHA to the "special one" but seriously fix the ****ing defense Brendan! I'd take a few boring 1-0s for a few weeks to build some points and confidence.

Bremsstrahlung
23-09-2015, 10:39 PM
Looking at being in Liverpool/England for the Palace game.
Any input on what the best way to get tickets is?
I think they went on sale to members today...

a) Join LFC, try luck that way
b) is there a way through joining LFC NSW Supporters Club?
c) There are accommodation + game packages through a few companies, obviously pretty pricey (199 Pound)
d) Hospitality Packages through LFC

furns
23-09-2015, 11:53 PM
Any game before NYE will have already been allocated to supporters clubs & lfc members back in July.
8 weeks prior to the game any spares are released for the general public to purchase. This is your best option as no membership required.
If you are planning on buying via a ticketing agency make sure it's reputable, many been stung for hundreds when they thought they had purchased a ticket only to find they purchased nothing. I would advise Thomas Cook.
If you can afford it, hospitality packages are a great (but pricey) option.

Jeterpool
24-09-2015, 09:03 AM

c) There are accommodation + game packages through a few companies, obviously pretty pricey (199 Pound)

I went through Australian Sports Tours and that included accommodation and the tickets delivered to my hotel. Was pretty expensive but worth it. The seats were awesome!

PC14
24-09-2015, 02:24 PM

http://www.kpt.com.au/events/english-premier-league-games/

Try Keith Prowse. You need to book at least two nights accommodation with them though.

hawk
27-09-2015, 12:07 AM
be a new manager by the time you get there

Jeterpool
27-09-2015, 12:03 PM
I'm over the 3-5-2 formation.

It's clear Rodgers wants to play two strikers, in which case I'd really like to see the diamond formation return. We have fullbacks that can get up and back and I think Can is wasted at CB. He is a midfielder, not a defender, and I think we could end up regretting playing him there.

Not getting carried away with the win because we should be beating Villa. Now we're 5 points away from the top I already lamenting the points we've dropped that we should have been expected to take.

Still a long way to go, but a few tough weeks ahead

NUGUNS
29-09-2015, 03:46 AM

Hey mate I'm currently over in Liverpool and was lucky enough to attend the game vs Aston Villa in the Kop.

We were able to buy tickets online the day before the game but chose not due to only being able to get one per membership. (Be wary that if you buy a membership you have to have it paid for 24 hours before the sale of tickets)

With how Liverpool is going at the moment alot of members are apparently giving tickets back to liverpool to resell on game day(If they can't attend a game they get a little of money off there membership if they manage to resell the seat.), we were lucky enough to get tickets from the ticket booth, I would suggest you show up early and try there. We got there 2 hours before kickoff and couldn't believe we actually got them.

The last resort is to try scalpers, there's a pub across the street called The Park, I would suggest asking behind the bar. They won't be able to get you more than one seat together but they should be able to get ya one for a price (not cheap, original plan before we went to the booth.)

Overall if you can get one in the kop pay whatever they want for it as it was one of the most amazing experiences I've had football wise.

NUGUNS
29-09-2015, 03:50 AM
On another note you can really tell that the fans are not happy with how the team/club is being run at the moment. Its honestly felt like I was at a Jets with the lack of faith the fans had in the running of the club.

Bremsstrahlung
29-09-2015, 06:34 AM
Hey mate I'm currently over in Liverpool and was lucky enough to attend the game vs Aston Villa in the Kop.

We were able to buy tickets online the day before the game but chose not due to only being able to get one per membership. (Be wary that if you buy a membership you have to have it paid for 24 hours before the sale of tickets)

With how Liverpool is going at the moment alot of members are apparently giving tickets back to liverpool to resell on game day(If they can't attend a game they get a little of money off there membership if they manage to resell the seat.), we were lucky enough to get tickets from the ticket booth, I would suggest you show up early and try there. We got there 2 hours before kickoff and couldn't believe we actually got them.

The last resort is to try scalpers, there's a pub across the street called The Park, I would suggest asking behind the bar. They won't be able to get you more than one seat together but they should be able to get ya one for a price (not cheap, original plan before we went to the booth.)

Overall if you can get one in the kop pay whatever they want for it as it was one of the most amazing experiences I've had football wise.

Thanks for the insight!

So, the Palace tickets go on "general sale" tomorrow, do I need a membership to buy these? I only need one.
It appears this is after members have their "members only" chance. So I assume not?

NUGUNS
29-09-2015, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the insight!

So, the Palace tickets go on "general sale" tomorrow, do I need a membership to buy these? I only need one.
It appears this is after members have their "members only" chance. So I assume not?

I just had a look at the ticket situation for Crystal Palace and its saying that its sold out.

Keep your finger crossed and check everynow and then, you might get lucky.

goaliepersempre
29-09-2015, 09:28 PM
You guys might now, tickets to away games - liv(for that shit stadium and position F Off... anyother ways?

Bremsstrahlung
30-09-2015, 12:55 AM
What?

cobra23
30-09-2015, 02:23 PM
You guys might now, tickets to away games - liv(for that shit stadium and position F Off... anyother ways?

someones clearly on the crack... :shock:

plague
30-09-2015, 03:53 PM
Y'all been watching Suarez lately?
You realise you are now running at a financial loss for that transfer right?
Anyone involved in him walking out that door should have been rissoled at the exact same time.

goaliepersempre
30-09-2015, 09:12 PM
What the **** half my message disappeared....

Liverpool play here in switzerland vs Sion (crappy french part of switzerland, only good thing is the wine and raclette)

Tickets are going on scalp sights for like 400 Euros for the away section....

(any idea of otherways of getting these tickets through proper and better channels)

furns
30-09-2015, 09:35 PM
What the **** half my message disappeared....

Liverpool play here in switzerland vs Sion (crappy french part of switzerland, only good thing is the wine and raclette)

Tickets are going on scalp sights for like 400 Euros for the away section....

(any idea of otherways of getting these tickets through proper and better channels)buy tickets next to away section - blag your way in.

hawk
30-09-2015, 09:57 PM
Y'all been watching Suarez lately?
You realise you are now running at a financial loss for that transfer right?
Anyone involved in him walking out that door should have been rissoled at the exact same time.

Sums up the losing culture of the place. 70's & 80's they demanded the best, now, they're scared sh*tless to be the best. Should have kept sewerez and built on that with another couple 0f 50mill players. #pretenders

Grimario
05-10-2015, 06:05 AM
Rodgers sacked.

Jeterpool
05-10-2015, 06:20 AM
Bye bye Brendan in that case.

Bremsstrahlung
05-10-2015, 08:01 AM
Didn't think we did too badly tbh.
Part of me thinks a draw at Everton isn't a bad result given their form.
But it's better to make a decision sooner rather than later. Some time to look at the squad and bring in whoever is needed in January.
It was a tough period to be manager of Liverpool and I kind of have a soft spot for him.
But in this game, you need results.

Wonder who we will get?
Will be interesting to see who they choose, will sum up our ambitions imo.

hawk
05-10-2015, 03:44 PM
be a new manager by the time you get there

no shit talk there. next cvnt please

parksey
06-10-2015, 10:26 AM
http://i.imgur.com/AopwFUQ.gif

Bon
06-10-2015, 02:12 PM

Hilarious.. I just keep watching it over and over! hahaha

(Wait there, shouldn't you be in your Man U thread talking about their result on the weekend, parksey? :lol: )

boz-monaut
07-10-2015, 11:23 AM
Hilarious.. I just keep watching it over and over!
same here

I have no idea why this amuses me so much, I find myself mushroom type giggling just thinking about it

q-money
07-10-2015, 05:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef5bFtjnPps

i've got kloppmania

parksey
07-10-2015, 08:06 PM
really cuts me up that he's going to pool. fk it im going for pool now

ps im a jealous cvnt

Bremsstrahlung
09-10-2015, 12:12 PM
Klopp!!!!!!

boz-monaut
09-10-2015, 12:55 PM
I'm quite pleased about this

Bon
09-10-2015, 01:39 PM

I still can't stop watching this and losing my sh!t..

boz-monaut
09-10-2015, 10:36 PM
I just noticed that the Tottingham game next Saturday is on at 10:30 Newcastle Daylight Saving Time

so we get to watch Klopp's first game without screwing up our sleeping patterns too much

hawk
09-10-2015, 11:49 PM
both sides dont know where they're going or what they're doing. should be good

plague
10-10-2015, 10:15 AM
If the same Mongs who let Suarez go are still at yer club you're still doomed for all eternity.

Klopp alone won't help you.

Grimario
16-10-2015, 08:00 AM
Following quickly on the back of Gomez injury, Ings has gone abs done his knee on international duty and is out for the rest of that season.

Bremsstrahlung
17-10-2015, 02:43 PM
Managed tickets to:
LFC vs Southampton (hopefully transport doesn't cock up and screw this)
LFC vs Bournemouth KOP (capital one cup)
LFC vs Crystal Palace
Keen as Klopp

Bremsstrahlung
18-10-2015, 08:53 AM
Loving Klopp at the moment. Gives the club "character" (thanks BR). Rodgers was pretty charismatic when things were going well, but this guy just oozes it. Every interview I've seen is hilarious.
Actually realy enjoyed the game last night.
We looked dangerous, the game changer was the injury to Chadli. We were well on top and had he stayed on, I reckon we would've got one. I really enjoy this high tempo style he wants us to play.
Thought Can was excellent. While Im still not convinced of his technical ability sometimes, his work rate last night was superb. Thought we looked very energetic, let's so how long that lasts though.
Skrtel v Kane was a good matchup.
MOreno, mate stop trying to do shit in our defensive third. There were 5 minutes where he tried to check back and lost it every time.
Sturridge, benteke, ings all out injured. Using our 4th choice striker is never good but he did ok.
Hopefully sturridge won't be long. Sounded like a knee collision, should be back next game I reckon.
Lol at Klopp "Daniel is out today but that's no big deal, we have Origi and Sinclair on the bench"

Bremsstrahlung
26-10-2015, 07:33 PM
Disappointing game tbh. We just lacked something. Can holding onto it for too long. Clynes crosses were terrible. Coutinho not showing much or not getting it when he does. Origi up front just doesn't work atm. Can't get hold of the ball.
Atmosphere was average. Until benteke scored, then the place was bouncing for 5-10 minutes until the equaliser.

boz-monaut
01-11-2015, 12:50 AM
why do they concede early in every ****ing game I stay up for?

had too much coffee to ragequit

sh10
01-11-2015, 02:29 AM
I have no more jizz left to give

Jeterpool
01-11-2015, 08:20 AM
Great weekend of football

Costa is a grub

hawk
01-11-2015, 11:42 AM
not bad, though chels is on tilt

hawk
19-11-2015, 08:42 PM
I trust the reds will do the right thing and give citeh 3pts.

boz-monaut
22-11-2015, 06:10 AM
I hope some of you guys are up watching this too

this is incredible 0-3 after 33 minutes

boz-monaut
22-11-2015, 07:10 AM
Skrtl reduces any nerves for the last ten minutes

this is a different Liverpool we're watching now

plague
22-11-2015, 09:47 AM
Have they announced which club they're selling Coutinho to yet?

Also: best display off the ball in ages. Those 2 Brazil nuts up front were dead set taking the piss at times.

Keeper dun good too.

hawk
22-11-2015, 11:01 AM
stupid red retards. too fkn scared to beat the those manure cvnts but move heaven and earth to beat only other team that can beat em. grrr

q-money
22-11-2015, 11:10 AM
liverpool can profusely thank dunga for leaving the brazilians out this week

Jetmaster
25-11-2015, 12:01 PM
So - old boys game in Sydney next month. Will take the family down but won't hover over Ticketek on Friday like I did with the previous Liverpool games here.

Would be very surprised if it sold out but 50-60,000 is probable.

Bremsstrahlung
30-11-2015, 05:40 AM
Commentators questioning the penalty.
You can't jump at the ball with your arms up like that. "He's got his back to the ball". If i shut my eyes and go through your knees, I can't use the excuse "I had my eyes shut, i didn't know".
Why is he jumping? To block the cross. His arms are out in the air.
Brave call by the assistant.

Henderson and Sturridge back!

BodyNovo
03-12-2015, 09:57 AM
you blokes must be happy atm.

brad smiths cross this morning was sexual as well.

Jeterpool
03-12-2015, 12:12 PM
I'm happy we get to answer the question "Can Klopp do it on a wet night away at Stoke" this season.

BodyNovo
03-12-2015, 12:38 PM
he hasn't as of yet unfortunately.

he has however done it on a wet night in Southampton.

Jeterpool
03-12-2015, 12:40 PM
he hasn't as of yet unfortunately.

he has however done it on a wet night in Southampton.

:rof: And you're right. Great cross.

Jeterpool
07-12-2015, 10:19 AM
Disappointing result in the context of other results in the League this weekend. It was a great opportunity to continue closing the gap.

Top teams need to take that chance.

parksey
07-12-2015, 10:42 AM
wish I wasnt manu scum

Bremsstrahlung
07-12-2015, 10:48 AM
Fell asleep at 30 Minutes. No way we were coming away with 3 points.
Agreed, massive chance to get within 4 of Arsenal. Still, 7 points adrift (I'm banking on Leicester dropping off the pace in the new year) isn't too much of a task When we trail by double figures we are in trouble. Still, Would be really nice to be Level with Spurs and a win away from Manure and Citeh.

plague
07-12-2015, 10:52 AM
Klopp OUT

Bremsstrahlung
07-12-2015, 11:07 AM
howay the lads

Last 6 Home Games:
0-0
0-0
1-0
2-0
0-0
0-0

plague
07-12-2015, 11:21 AM
howay the lads

i love parkseys knob

cobra23
21-12-2015, 02:15 PM
What the Fu@k is happenen. C,MON you reds Fire the Fu2k up.

plague
21-12-2015, 09:38 PM
i love parkseys knob

bahahahahahahah well played sir

Bon
22-12-2015, 08:55 AM
:lulzturtle:

hawk
27-12-2015, 10:31 AM
:grin:

leicester had an off night?

plague
27-12-2015, 06:58 PM
Man, lucky Vardy's last name isn't Suarez. Cant have racism in the Prem can we

cc:moral crusaders.

boz-monaut
27-12-2015, 07:26 PM
the double standard between Suarez's and Vardy's racism is an outstanding bit of bullshit from the English press

Vardy can't be racist, he's English, whereas that dirty Uruguian is worse than Hitler

parksey
27-12-2015, 07:37 PM
vardy's a rat faced ****

boz-monaut
27-12-2015, 08:09 PM
http://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs-public/styles/story_large/public/thumbnails/image/2015/12/12/11/12376456_10153753133742769_4857204723771295930_n.j pg

hmm, tastes like racism

plague
27-12-2015, 08:10 PM
the double standard between Suarez's and Vardy's racism is an outstanding bit of bullshit from the English press

Vardy can't be racist, he's English, whereas that dirty Uruguian is worse than Hitler

im shocked Vardy didn't go the John Terry defence.
"yeah i said it, but i said it in a way that meant i was saying i didn't say it"

hawk
28-12-2015, 07:03 PM
how good is Vardy ya bunch of round eyes. here come the pitchforks

boz-monaut
31-12-2015, 09:48 AM
thoroughly unconvincing win against Fat Sam's shit kickers this morning

three points is three points though

Jeterpool
31-12-2015, 12:53 PM
thoroughly unconvincing win against Fat Sam's shit kickers this morning

three points is three points though

Agree.

De-Champ
07-01-2016, 11:53 AM
Any one know the line ups in this Liverpool V Ausie legends game??

hawk
07-01-2016, 12:19 PM

just replace names for superannuation companies.

Now get out there and get some tix. We need sfc & wsw to prosper and furns to recover from jizfest

Jetmaster
07-01-2016, 02:28 PM

Final lineups no but some definites...

Aus - Kalac, Chippers, Tobin, Emerton, Culina, Slater, Zdrillic, Zelic

LFC - Grub, SG, Carra, Fowler, Aldrige, Riise, Rush

The ones I would have liked to have seen but for various reasons can't - Harry, Dukes, Heskey, Owen, Aloisi and Bozza. Carig Johnston too for that matter.

Anyone else heading down?

hawk
07-01-2016, 10:17 PM
Final lineups no but some definites...

Aus - Kalac, Chippers, Tobin, Emerton, Culina, Slater, Zdrillic, Zelic

LFC - Grub, SG, Carra, Fowler, Aldrige, Riise, Rush

The ones I would have liked to have seen but for various reasons can't - Harry, Dukes, Heskey, Owen, Aloisi and Bozza. Carig Johnston too for that matter.

Anyone else heading down?

wheres grub johnston?

Thomas477
07-01-2016, 11:11 PM
Jeez Culina looked in good form.

Jetmaster
08-01-2016, 12:06 PM
Most of the LFC players looked good....didn't expect Rush or Aldridge to do anything and amazed I saw them score goals. Jets - sign them both !

Roos were much more off the pace apart from Culina, Emerton, Skokes and a few others.

Zdrillic is a bigger donkey now than 10 years ago. Ned was clumsy, Foz looked unfit but showed glimpses of nice touch and vision.

Slater carried on as if it was his show, doing his warm up alone in fluoro, waving to the crowd. Then he came on as if he was going to change the game, found he wasnt as good as he thought he was and overall just lost it. Yelling and pointing at team mates, he also looked to be having a heated discussion with Culina as they left the field.

Relaxed night out though - good fun.

MFKS
09-01-2016, 11:21 AM
How good was the goal keeping for Exeter's 2nd goal??

FMD Birraz looks better at dealing with crosses than this EPL level player

FMD was it bad

hawk
09-01-2016, 11:43 AM
Most of the LFC players looked good....didn't expect Rush or Aldridge to do anything and amazed I saw them score goals. Jets - sign them both !

Roos were much more off the pace apart from Culina, Emerton, Skokes and a few others.

Zdrillic is a bigger donkey now than 10 years ago. Ned was clumsy, Foz looked unfit but showed glimpses of nice touch and vision.

Slater carried on as if it was his show, doing his warm up alone in fluoro, waving to the crowd. Then he came on as if he was going to change the game, found he wasnt as good as he thought he was and overall just lost it. Yelling and pointing at team mates, he also looked to be having a heated discussion with Culina as they left the field.

Relaxed night out though - good fun.
sorry mac. This does not count as seeing Liverpool play. You saw some wonderful slow legends put on a good show. I would have paid good doe to sit around having chat over a beer after the game.

Jeterpool
09-01-2016, 02:02 PM
How good was the goal keeping for Exeter's 2nd goal??

FMD Birraz looks better at dealing with crosses than this EPL level player

FMD was it bad

Bogdan isn't a premier league quality

Jetmaster
09-01-2016, 04:56 PM
sorry mac. This does not count as seeing Liverpool play. You saw some wonderful slow legends put on a good show. I would have paid good doe to sit around having chat over a beer after the game.

Seen real Liverpool play here and over there (and I'm not even a fan)......this was just like putting an old VHS on.

hawk
10-01-2016, 11:05 PM
Seen real Liverpool play here and over there (and I'm not even a fan)......this was just like putting an old VHS on.

lol. true football fan right there

cobra23
18-01-2016, 10:56 AM
the better team lost this morning.
Manure was absolute garbage and did not even deserved a point let alone the win..

hawk
18-01-2016, 12:41 PM
liverpool=manu's bitches. thanks khunterpool

Jeterpool
18-01-2016, 12:54 PM
Manure was absolute garbage and did not even deserved a point let alone the win..

Can't have both my teams winning this weekend, now can I?

Bon
18-01-2016, 12:56 PM
I was all set up for the perfect weekend..
Mariners lost.. Jets won.. Now just needed the combo of Liverpool winning and Man U losing to make it perfect. So close, yet so far away..

MFKS
18-01-2016, 02:46 PM
As if being the better team matters.

Scoreboard is all that matters every week

I am sure LVG and co couldn't give two ****s that they were poor. They got the 3 points by hook or by crook and I bet you they couldn't give a **** how??

Bremsstrahlung
19-01-2016, 07:42 AM
As if being the better team matters.

Scoreboard is all that matters every week

I am sure LVG and co couldn't give two ****s that they were poor. They got the 3 points by hook or by crook and I bet you they couldn't give a **** how??

I doubt their plan was to play rubbish for 90 minutes and pinch a goal with their only shot on target. They were piss poor and did not deserve that win. If that was their plan, good on them.

To me it says more about our lack of ability to score when grinding out teams, than it does about Man United. We do well against teams that want to play, but we are sterile when playing against teams happy to sit back and defend and counter.
De Gea made some good stops to keep them in it, some glaring misses and close misses cost us that game.
The positive, we were not outplayed. But failure to come away with anything is definitely disappointing. Missed a good chance to cut the gap, instead opened it up.

hawk
19-01-2016, 08:26 PM
Disappointing? understatement. Yes they did play better but, that result is all that matters.

I'd be hoping that real supporters would want to rub the players faces into a dogs ass. Then lets see some fking desperation next time

hawk for coach....

Jeterpool
24-01-2016, 08:13 AM
Wow. What a match that was. Liverpool were very poor but it all changed with the introduction of Lallana. Couldn't believe what I was watching.

Get on Perth today people. Rarely do both my teams win in a weekend

plague
24-01-2016, 08:39 AM
Bonkers.

Bon
29-01-2016, 10:53 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ0eJly7bkY

Bremsstrahlung
07-02-2016, 08:02 AM
Damn.
Out of curiosity, what do you think about the protests?
Lots of lols about mignolet walking out in support of the protests.
But seriously, we cannot possibly be conceding 2 goals so late, against a team like Sunderland. Ffs.
Everton junp us.
10 points off 4th.
Not sure we can make up those points on top 4 clubs. Especially at the moment.
On the plus we are scoring goals.
Coutinho due to come Back should provide us some creativity. I like the idea of henderson, can and coutinho running the middle. We need to get a $$ striker.
We need to just scrap the mentality that sturridge is on his way back and will play like 13/14 and think, ok, he is our 3rd choice. We need 2 strikers better/more influential than him.

Premy
07-02-2016, 10:25 AM
Damn.
Out of curiosity, what do you think about the protests?
Lots of lols about mignolet walking out in support of the protests.
But seriously, we cannot possibly be conceding 2 goals so late, against a team like Sunderland. Ffs.
Everton junp us.
10 points off 4th.
Not sure we can make up those points on top 4 clubs. Especially at the moment.
On the plus we are scoring goals.
Coutinho due to come Back should provide us some creativity. I like the idea of henderson, can and coutinho running the middle. We need to get a $$ striker.
We need to just scrap the mentality that sturridge is on his way back and will play like 13/14 and think, ok, he is our 3rd choice. We need 2 strikers better/more influential than him.
Protest was brilliant although will probably mean nothing in the scale off things, Arye and Fenway will still jack up the prices.
Firminho was the big loss today, scoring goals is not the problem it's not conceding that is the problem. Klopp knows this and hopefully gets both Matip and Subotic in the summer.

hawk
07-02-2016, 11:22 AM
did the right thing for leicester at least

Bon
10-02-2016, 10:22 AM
Well...
That hurts..

Bremsstrahlung
11-02-2016, 06:12 PM
Protest worked. Ish.
No more categorisation though, so Man U will cost the same as Norwich/Sunderland etc.

plague
11-02-2016, 07:26 PM
Protest worked. Ish.
No more categorisation though, so Man U will cost the same as Norwich/Sunderland etc.

next up, Ferraris to cost the same as Skodas.
Bernie Sanders has a lot to answer for.

Jeterpool
01-03-2016, 10:29 AM
Despite the loss yesterday, does anyone know whether there was a Europa League spot (qualification I assume) on yesterday's result?

I assume City will finish at the very least in the Champions League, if not Europa, spots, so does a spot from the League Cup therefore go to Liverpool?

Bremsstrahlung
01-03-2016, 11:09 AM
The way I read it, the place in Europa league is added to the allocation at end of season based on final standings.

Bremsstrahlung
07-03-2016, 03:29 AM
:lulzturtle: