PDA

View Full Version : L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

hawk
07-03-2016, 02:56 PM
geez, palace cannot win at anything right now.

plague
07-03-2016, 03:50 PM
I don't particularly care for any specific team but seeing Alan Pardew rage after copping that penalty call was the greatest thing ever.

**** Alan Pardew.

Bremsstrahlung
09-03-2016, 07:14 AM
Interested if many people think:
A) if it was a pen?
B) did Benteke dive?
C) was there contact?

Imyourhero
09-03-2016, 11:31 AM
B

furns
09-03-2016, 01:04 PM
It was a pen, there was clearly contact

parksey
09-03-2016, 01:20 PM
im a cheating manu fan, why ask me

Jetmaster
09-03-2016, 01:52 PM
As a neutral I'd say no, no and yes.

Irks me no end that things like these tackles that wouldn't knock a pea off a chop and the now ridiculous hand ball interpretations have skyrocketed penalties of those types.

Yet no problem bear hugging each other and pulling shirts at corners!

pv4
09-03-2016, 02:13 PM
A) if it was a pen?
B) did Benteke dive?
C) was there contact?

Yes to all three for me - as contradictory to each other they may seem.

redwah
09-03-2016, 06:09 PM
According to the results table it must of been a pen because the result has been recorded as a 2-1 win to the Reds with Firmino and Benteke as the scorers.

If the ref blows the whistle and points to the spot it's a pen...that's all that matters. Seen plenty of dives given, seen plenty of contact, pushing,shirt pulling,etc not given so the refs actions are all that matters....that's why refs aren't real people.

hawk
09-03-2016, 10:04 PM
cgaf because it happens every week to many teams both for and against. And pool havent won anything for ages so doubters can lick their mums bakedbean. henry once threw the ball in the net and win a game, good on him.

plague
09-03-2016, 10:25 PM
A) if it was a pen?
B) did Benteke dive?
C) was there contact?

D) Did Benteke do 9/11?

pv4
10-03-2016, 08:09 AM
If the ref blows the whistle and points to the spot it's a pen...that's all that matters.

Did you watch Perth v Jerks on Monday? :rof:

Jeterpool
10-03-2016, 09:15 AM
Did you watch Perth v Jerks on Monday? :rof:

And with the Benteke situation the ref made the call it WASN'T a pen but changed his mind after consulting the linesman.

I think that happened with one of the penalties we received this year. Didn't it?

Jeterpool
11-03-2016, 10:22 AM
Strong win at home this morning.

Bon
11-03-2016, 10:23 AM
Strong win at home this morning.

And even sweeter that it was over Man U..

Bremsstrahlung
11-03-2016, 12:31 PM
Dominant performance.
Two iffy goals, but I think we deserved 2 goals with the way we played.
Man U old timers raving about how shit they played was a nice touch. Fergus shaking his head.

Class act supporters with their hillsborough chants as well

hawk
11-03-2016, 11:07 PM
Dominant performance.
Two iffy goals, but I think we deserved 2 goals with the way we played.
Man U old timers raving about how shit they played was a nice touch. Fergus shaking his head.

Class act supporters with their hillsborough chants as well
iffy? I dont often say this but reds should have had a couple more. De hater did some reflex stuff, hasnt seen them yet

Bremsstrahlung
12-03-2016, 12:16 AM
iffy? I dont often say this but reds should have had a couple more. De hater did some reflex stuff, hasnt seen them yet

e.g. there was a bit of controversy surrounding the first until Howard ManU Webb agreed that it was a pen. And there was a hint of offside for Henderson. I'm more saying that when you see the goals, you'll think they are pretty lucky goals.

But really, Liverpool bossed that game and deserve their 2 goal lead.
Van Gaal needs to be chucking De Gea some strippers or something for keeping him in a job so long. He's the only reason they are where they are in all competitions.

parksey
12-03-2016, 01:18 PM
best 'keeper in the world

Bremsstrahlung
12-03-2016, 05:43 PM
best 'keeper in the world

I would agree him and Neur are the best.

hawk
15-03-2016, 08:06 PM
I would agree him and Neur are the best.

Noir then daylight

Bon
18-03-2016, 10:05 AM
:brrr:

hawk
18-03-2016, 01:05 PM
:whistling:

boz-monaut
18-03-2016, 02:58 PM
Noir then daylightthis is probably the cleverest joke you've made on these forums, yet I'm pretty sure it was auto-correct

hawk
18-03-2016, 09:04 PM
this is probably the cleverest joke you've made on these forums, yet I'm pretty sure it was auto-correct
hard to please.... my best work was shutting all those manu wonkas up in those chest beating early days

I prefer to type stuff that can taken several ways, so that those who are easily offended arent sure whether to be outraged or not.

hawk
22-03-2016, 06:54 PM
News just in...

Liverpool midfielder Joe Allen, 26, features on the front cover of Chicken & Egg - a welfare and food publication - and tells the magazine he has 14 hens and two cockerels at home

Jeterpool
22-03-2016, 08:05 PM
News just in...

Liverpool midfielder Joe Allen, 26, features on the front cover of Chicken & Egg - a welfare and food publication - and tells the magazine he has 14 hens and two cockerels at home

The William Lawry of football

Bremsstrahlung
15-04-2016, 08:05 AM
Oh my....

Jeterpool
15-04-2016, 08:20 AM

Bon
15-04-2016, 09:35 AM
Allow me to add one too..

hawk
15-04-2016, 10:08 AM
lol at current dortmund manager, celebrated too early

Jetmaster
15-04-2016, 12:31 PM
I don't even support Liverpool but said that Liverpool would win 5-4 as the 2001 UEFA final was in Dortmund and had that score.

Wish I bet now.

cobra23
18-04-2016, 03:15 PM
is it true that if we win final we are gifted a champions league birth next year ?

Jeterpool
18-04-2016, 03:52 PM
is it true that if we win final we are gifted a champions league birth next year ?

Yes. A champions league spot is the prize for the Europa League winners.

Also, if United beat City to 4th spot, but City win the Champions League, United miss out because no one country can have >5 representatives. Therefore, United miss out.

Bremsstrahlung
18-04-2016, 05:16 PM
Would make it all the sweeter.
Unfortunately I doubt city will beat Bayern or athletico, and that's providing they can account for ronaldo.

Interested to see how we go against villareal. They have a pretty decent draw surrounding our games, all teams beneath them. So hopefully Bilbao can have a few wins and put some pressure on them for their 4th spot.

As an aside. What happens if say, villareal finish 3rd (somehow...) and win Europa. Does their spot in la liga go automatically to 4th and they avoid qualifying games or does it go to runner up?

boz-monaut
21-04-2016, 10:35 AM
quite a different derby from the 1-1 draw back in October

that was a pretty dominant display

now for Villareal

plague
21-04-2016, 11:00 AM
Everton were such garbage.
Win is a win though.

Bremsstrahlung
06-05-2016, 07:51 AM

boz-monaut
06-05-2016, 08:03 AM
Villarreal deserved to lose for using comic sans on the back of their shirts

Premy
06-05-2016, 08:06 AM
:thumbsup:

boz-monaut
06-05-2016, 08:24 AM
the only non Spanish team to knock a Spanish team out of the knockout stages of all European competition this season

Jeterpool
06-05-2016, 08:48 AM
the only non Spanish team to knock a Spanish team out of the knockout stages of all European competition this season

Prevented an all Spanish team European club cup finals from occurring too.

plague
06-05-2016, 09:05 AM
Man, you'll take them any day of the week but have you seen 3 scrappier goals in a big game like that before?

hawk
06-05-2016, 11:01 AM
Man, you'll take them any day of the week but have you seen 3 scrappier goals in a big game like that before?

yep but the 1st leg was a dodgy oggy.

btw. liverpool should play cup football. Its what the game was built on on. stuff this 1st past the post malarky

cobra23
06-05-2016, 11:26 AM

:hijack: plague , go back to your own lester thread.. :rof:

Jetmaster
06-05-2016, 01:41 PM
Liverpool showed that the Spaniards hate playing football if they aren't allowed to do ticka tacka.

I expect more "in your face" tactics in the final - it's their best chance.

Jeterpool
12-05-2016, 10:01 AM
Despite being a draw, I was pretty impressed with the final stages of the performance this morning. I only saw the last 15 minutes but it's obvious Klopp treated this match as a dress rehearsal for next week's final. The Reds continued to press for an equaliser and managed to get it. This will certainly give the team confidence that they have a goal in them if they continue to pressure their opposition and not panic.

Can had an off night apparently, but Benteke got the goal. Now to get through Sunday night's match and onwards to Basel.

boz-monaut
12-05-2016, 10:38 AM
I only saw the start of the second half until i drifted back off to sleep some time after the 60 minute mark - I thought Chelsea were dominant and was very surprised by the final result

just looked shaky on Chelsea"s counter and the midfield looked rubbish going forward

boz-monaut
13-05-2016, 10:52 AM
Brad Smith has apparently won the Academy's Players' Player award

which surprises me to be honest

he's doing well for a bloke who does his hair with vaseline

Jeterpool
13-05-2016, 10:59 AM
Brad Smith has apparently won the Academy's Players' Player award

which surprises me to be honest

he's doing well for a bloke who does his hair with vaseline

Listening to the Anfield Wrap they're all of the opinion he will be sold during the summer as well. Despite impressing earlier in the year, peaking with his goal in the FA Cup his performances have been a bit sketchy in the first team.

boz-monaut
13-05-2016, 11:14 AM
his performances of late wouldn't look out of place in a Jets jersey

Jeterpool
13-05-2016, 11:23 AM
his performances of late wouldn't look out of place in a Jets jersey

Conceding goals and getting red cards.......yep you're right

Bremsstrahlung
13-05-2016, 12:32 PM
Have to agree that he will probably get the flick if we bring in another fullback.
It's hard to see him getting a game over Clyne. And Moreno has come good as of late. But I think Klopp may bring in a left back. So it'll be between them I imagine.
Klopp seems to be willing to give him a crack. So either he sees something there or he's putting him in the shop window.

furns
13-05-2016, 02:54 PM
Don't forget we also have Flanno

Bremsstrahlung
14-05-2016, 12:58 AM
Yehhh I meant to say he can play either side and Klopp seems to fancy him. To be fair, Klopp has given them a fair crack, with the exception of Flanagan who may be given a preseason benefit of the doubt.
All depends who we bring in. Good for him to stay at liverpool tbh. If we can get Europa/some European competition next year we will be in a good position to develop him.
A red card didn't really help his chances.

Klopp is very hard to read sometimes with his thoughts on players.

As a little discussion, which 5 do you think will be moved on, and if it's different which 5 do you want moved on?

furns
14-05-2016, 02:59 AM
We thank Michael and the staff at the Northumberland Hotel for making their venue available for Hunter Reds on May 19th to watch the 2016 Europa League Final LIVE on their big screen.
Doors will open from 4am, and alcohol will be on sale from 5am (licence restriction). Under 18's are welcome to attend with an accompanying adult.
So that the venue has an idea on numbers please RSVP here
https://www.facebook.com/events/944284382357166/ (https://www.facebook.com/events/944284382357166/?ref=4&action_history=null&source=4)

Bremsstrahlung
17-05-2016, 09:48 AM
Players I want moved on:
Skrtel - seen better days, great player for the club and always was tough, but this season he was found out more than last.
Benteke - obvious, right from the start, he never suited the "liverpool way" and rodgers was willing to chance that, and that's where he came unstuck. Terrible signing in the first place.
Bogdan - no thanks
Toure/sakho- don't mind these guys tbh, but we need to Be aiming higher and Toure is old and a handy backup for non league games to add some Experience but the fact he's getting games in our bigger matches kind of doesn't sit well. And sakho, I think he will be forced out anyway.

Who I think will be moved on:
Skrtel
Bogdan
Allen - despite a handy contribution I think he will seek a move to Swansea.
Ibe - think Klopp has seen enough, maybe keep for preseason and hope there's improvement.
Benteke
Sakho

Jeterpool
17-05-2016, 11:48 AM
I'll play.

I think the following will be moved on.

Luis Alberto, Samed Yesil, Martin Skrtel, Joe Allen (simply because of competition), Kevin Stewart, Mario Balotelli, Ryan McLaughlin, Andre Wisdom, Tiago Illori, Christian Benteke, Joao Texiera, Steven Caulker (loan finish), Brad Smith, Adam Bogdan

plague
19-05-2016, 08:47 AM
I mean to be fair, the Champions League should only be for champions anyway.

Lester4lyf

Jeterpool
19-05-2016, 09:01 AM
Stating the obvious, but a disappointing result this morning. After a fairly even first 20 Liverpool seemed to take the ascendency and got the first goal. A few unlucky handball calls (3 to be exact) went against them - 2 of which would have been penalties.

Second half and Liverpool never seemed to get going. Sevilla dominated and Liverpool couldn't get a foot on the ball. To win the trophy for 3 consecutive years is a phenomenal achievement.

Did anyone else think that throughout the players just seemed on a different wavelength to each other, a lot of flat footed passes, someone nicking a touch which pushed it past the player in a better position and doing the "flair" touch or getting physical (Can) instead of doing the simple thing and playing the ball?

Anyone who says that it's a good thing to not have European football is kidding themselves. This has potential to derail Klopp's recruitment drive for next year. What it may allow is Klopp to be more ruthless in the outgoing's for next season. Without the European football we won't need as big a squad so there will be plenty of movement out.

MFKS
19-05-2016, 09:31 AM
Stating the obvious, but a disappointing result this morning. After a fairly even first 20 Liverpool seemed to take the ascendency and got the first goal. A few unlucky handball calls (3 to be exact) went against them - 2 of which would have been penalties.

Second half and Liverpool never seemed to get going. Sevilla dominated and Liverpool couldn't get a foot on the ball. To win the trophy for 3 consecutive years is a phenomenal achievement.

Did anyone else think that throughout the players just seemed on a different wavelength to each other, a lot of flat footed passes, someone nicking a touch which pushed it past the player in a better position and doing the "flair" touch or getting physical (Can) instead of doing the simple thing and playing the ball?

Anyone who says that it's a good thing to not have European football is kidding themselves. This has potential to derail Klopp's recruitment drive for next year. What it may allow is Klopp to be more ruthless in the outgoing's for next season. Without the European football we won't need as big a squad so there will be plenty of movement out.

To win the trophy for 3 years is not an achievement.

How can they not be good enough to get out of the group stage in the UCL the last two years is more baffling to understand

Jeterpool
19-05-2016, 09:31 AM
Also, Kolo was immense. Simply immense.

Jeterpool
19-05-2016, 09:32 AM
To win the trophy for 3 years is not an achievement.

How can they not be good enough to get out of the group stage in the UCL the last two years is more baffling to understand

Why do you think isn't it an achievement?

plague
19-05-2016, 09:51 AM
Also, Kolo was immense. Simply immense.

Yeah and without being too rude it's not a great thing that Fat Kolo Toure is your best player on the park.

The fullback (Clyne?) was a great outlet in the first half but Sevilla coach patched that up at halftime and Liverpool didn't seem to have a plan b.

Jeterpool
19-05-2016, 10:03 AM
Yeah and without being too rude it's not a great thing that Fat Kolo Toure is your best player on the park.

The fullback (Clyne?) was a great outlet in the first half but Sevilla coach patched that up at halftime and Liverpool didn't seem to have a plan b.

I love how you pretend not to know :rof:

Yeah it was Clyne. That's a pretty fair assessment.

plague
19-05-2016, 10:26 AM
I love how you pretend not to know :rof:

Yeah it was Clyne. That's a pretty fair assessment.

Nah just wasn't sure of the spelling. For some reason I didn't think there was an 'e' on the end.

And as we all know, ya gotta be careful with ya typos on the Internet.

Wilso8948
19-05-2016, 10:40 AM
Nah just wasn't sure of the spelling. For some reason I didn't think there was an 'e' on the end.

And as we all know, ya gotta be careful with ya typos on the Internet.

Ure*

NUGUNS
19-05-2016, 04:25 PM
Coutinho went missing today. I'm a fan of the guy but he seems to be a little inconsistent tbh.

Kolo Toure was our MOTM as far as I could see and as stated above he really shouldn't be the best on park for us.

Jeterpool
19-05-2016, 04:51 PM
I just got asked by someone at work whether this season was a failure and it really made me sit back and reflect.

In terms of trophies, yes it was. But we had the chance to win two of them (even though we lost) against most people's predictions. We changed manager and played the first season without our talismanic skipper.

I'm disappointed how it turned out, but we got a pretty good ride along the way. So yes, a failure by the definition of it, but the bigger picture is starting to come together.

NUGUNS
19-05-2016, 05:55 PM
I'm disappointed how it turned out, but we got a pretty good ride along the way. So yes, a failure by the definition of it, but the bigger picture is starting to come together.

Sounds like something that we've said about the Jets for the past 8 years.

hawk
19-05-2016, 06:17 PM
wouldnt ya think if you can win the Eurapa x3 that you should be going deep in the CL. amazement

Jetmaster
19-05-2016, 06:35 PM
I am not a Liverpool fan but see alot of games as my boys are.

I don't think a season out of Europe will do them any harm apart from maybe getting one or two players. They have a couple of seasons of instability and at no time in that period have they been consistent. This is what Klopp will work on next season.

He has the time now to instill a culture and start something special - with a quality coach and larger stadium next season I can see them (like West Ham) making gains next year. I do believe there are players out there who want to play for Klopp and for that club. No Europe didn't do Lester any harm, though it will damage them severely next season.

TBH, Liverpool went much further this season than many thought - kudos.

MFKS
19-05-2016, 08:31 PM
wouldnt ya think if you can win the Eurapa x3 that you should be going deep in the CL. amazement

Precisely what I said before. How come they can't get out of group stage ?? Amazing really

plague
19-05-2016, 08:40 PM
Precisely what I said before. How come they can't get out of group stage ?? Amazing really

prob because most of the teams Sevilla are playing aren't good enough to even make the Champions league.

MFKS
19-05-2016, 08:49 PM
prob because most of the teams Sevilla are playing aren't good enough to even make the Champions league.

I eat cat food

Jeterpool
08-07-2016, 08:24 AM
The club have accepted a £15 million offer from Bournemouth for Jordan Ibe.

What are people's thoughts on this? For a player who I would still class as one with potential (not the finished article) and who has come through our academy system, I think this is a good offer.

He would be behind Lallana, Mane and arguably Markovic as well so his potential for game time would be limited.

Jeterpool
22-07-2016, 10:57 AM
While much like the Jets, I'm waiting to see the big picture of how the new signings fit with Klopp's plans. I must say I have been impressed with the manner in which Liverpool have been doing their business.

Unlike previous years where transfers seemed to drag on and on we have been simply getting business done. Little fuss and breaks only shortly before it's actually tied up.

I wonder if this a result of minimal influence from the famous "transfer committee".

hawk
22-07-2016, 08:18 PM
The club have accepted a £15 million offer from Bournemouth for Jordan Ibe.

What are people's thoughts on this? For a player who I would still class as one with potential (not the finished article) and who has come through our academy system, I think this is a good offer.

He would be behind Lallana, Mane and arguably Markovic as well so his potential for game time would be limited.

a decent offer and can be replaced unlike sewerez. he will probs put pool out of a cup this season

Bremsstrahlung
25-07-2016, 11:36 AM
Reports Smith is off to Bournemouth as well. £6million (I think, or there abouts).
Liverpool accepted he bid, down to personal terms now.
Not bad for the kid. Liverpool let his contract lapse the other year. Then he came back and starts for Liverpool and plays some minutes. Now wanted by other Premier League clubs.

As much as I love the idea of having an Aussie playing for LFC, We are just as likely to sign a new left back and he won't get game time and rot away.
For him, probably a good move and he should play plenty of football and hopefully improve his national Team credentials.
(A few people don't want to see him near a socceroos team again after his Greece game on sydney).
Best of luck to him.

Jetmaster
25-07-2016, 11:59 AM
Yeah looked like even Ange was jumping on the Smurf/Fuxspurts bandwagon of Alex Gersbach being the greatest young fullback this millenium.

Imyourhero
25-07-2016, 12:36 PM
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2016/07/25/john-olivers-hilarious-plea-go-watch-liverpool

plague
06-08-2016, 07:56 AM
I was watching EFL this morning and Jonjo Shelvey was playing for Newcastle.
What a terrible footballer he is.
Liverpool were smart to sell him when they did.
Classic example of another overhyped english 'product'.

hawk
06-08-2016, 08:01 PM
Their national managers are even worse overpaid mongs

plague
07-08-2016, 01:53 PM
did anyone watch the game v Barca? were they any good?

hawk
07-08-2016, 02:45 PM
nah, friendly, any score can happen. Lets wait till the prem starts and settle back into possibly 5th

plague
07-08-2016, 04:09 PM
Lets wait till the prem starts and settle back into possibly 5th

What channel on the AM wireless are the games being broadcast on?

Optus can go eat a bag.

furns
07-08-2016, 07:18 PM
did anyone watch the game v Barca? were they any good?
Watched, and we were decent. Although I dont know wtf was going on with Barca's defence, we walked through them for the last few goals.
Mildly optimistic for the season ahead - Mane looks the goods and Origi will hopefully have a break out season. Although I still think we need a dedicated DM and another LB.

furns
07-08-2016, 07:25 PM

Optus can go eat a bag.
There is a new online network called EON Sports Radio. They have the audio broadcast rights for both the EPL and A-League. http://eonsports.com.au/

But there are other EPL viewing options about without ppl having to bitch incessantly about Optus.
Check out a mob on FB called Techshop Media. They are in WA and sell an android tv box ($300) and a HD channels subscription ($280 per year).
There is also a company I saw profiled on newscorp (imagine that) called VanishedVPN. You only have to pay for their subscription. $9 p/m or $36 p/y.

NUGUNS
08-08-2016, 08:32 AM
There is a new online network called EON Sports Radio. They have the audio broadcast rights for both the EPL and A-League. http://eonsports.com.au/

But there are other EPL viewing options about without ppl having to bitch incessantly about Optus.
Check out a mob on FB called Techshop Media. They are in WA and sell an android tv box ($300) and a HD channels subscription ($280 per year).
There is also a company I saw profiled on newscorp (imagine that) called VanishedVPN. You only have to pay for their subscription. $9 p/m or $36 p/y.

If you have an android you can download an unofficial app called Mobdro.

Visit the website and it explains how to download and install it.

Best part about it is you can screen share to a smart tv or pc.

furns
08-08-2016, 07:35 PM
Have confirmed with Wests they will be installing Optus - however it may not be an time for the opening round.

Jetmaster
09-08-2016, 09:02 AM

Optus can go eat a bag.

I have a shortwave radio - evenings of crackly musings from BBC World Service!

Great thing about radio, no delay and no geo-blocking.

Otherwise install Kodi and do your research.

plague
09-08-2016, 09:42 AM
I have a shortwave radio - evenings of crackly musings from BBC World Service!

Great thing about radio, no delay and no geo-blocking.

Otherwise install Kodi and do your research.

Ok can you listen in on your shortwave then morse code me the score updates please?

furns
09-08-2016, 12:58 PM
You don't need to pay for EON as far as I'm aware. Just download their app or it should be on Tunein

plague
19-08-2016, 04:37 PM
yeah look this question doesnt really need answering, but how the holy hell did Liverpool have Torres and Suarez at their peaks and never even manage to win one freaking League title?

My goodness Torres was a freak.

MFKS
19-08-2016, 06:02 PM
yeah look this question doesnt really need answering, but how the holy hell did Liverpool have Torres and Suarez at their peaks and never even manage to win one freaking League title?

My goodness Torres was a freak.

Liverpool have had the cattle. Not just Suarez and Torres

Not forget they have had Xabi Alonso and Mascherano whom are were World class players.

It would be the other shit ****s they have had like Stevie G Carragher who they kept for years but delivered **** all in the League

Imyourhero
19-08-2016, 06:35 PM
Sorry lads, if they can't win the league with some of the players they've had the last 10 years they never will.

Bremsstrahlung
19-08-2016, 08:47 PM
It would be the other shit ****s they have had like Stevie G Carragher who they kept for years but delivered **** all in the League

:blah: :wanker:

MFKS
19-08-2016, 08:55 PM
:blah: :wanker:
Yep and if you multiply Stevie G's League titles with Carraghers amount of league titles you still have a donut.

Reality is both were highly overrated and failed to deliver time and time again with the pressure on.

furns
19-08-2016, 09:09 PM
The problem was having too many shit players around them instead of adding more world class players to the first XI

plague
19-08-2016, 09:13 PM

Member on the ball here.
If either of those 2 blokes were Aussies they'd never have got a run in that 1st team.

Member also bang on about Alonso. Watched him set up goal after goal for Torres on the Tele today. What a player he was.

Bremsstrahlung
19-08-2016, 09:14 PM
"Highly overrated shit ****s".
Why so?

MFKS
19-08-2016, 10:00 PM
"Highly overrated shit ****s".
Why so?

Carraghers was good for a classic oggy every year.

Despite playing for 17 years he only ever played 30 odd times for England.
When I think of English defenders of his generation Terry Rio Ferdinand Sol Campbell etc were superior players to him by a long long way

As for Stevie G

Lampard was a superior player who scored more NT goals and scored more club goals. That being said Lampard also done it for a team competing and winning trophies.

Stevie G will always be remembered as the bloke who tripped over the ball and cost his side the League

plague
19-08-2016, 10:34 PM
As for Stevie G

Lampard was a superior player who scored more NT goals and scored more club goals. That being said Lampard also done it for a team competing and winning trophies.

Yeah look 'overrated' should never be put on the player it's not like they are asking anyone's opinion anyway.

Regardless, I always though Gerrard came across as a selfish player who's highlight reel was spectacular but he seemed to be a very very good player in a bunch of positions yet never 'the best' at any of them.

And just on your point I thought Scholes was by far the best English midfielder of his generation by quite a margin.

plague
19-08-2016, 10:38 PM
I also thought Carragher came across as a bad teammate but always hid behind the old 'passionate' chestnut as an excuse to be an utter **** to blokes.
The amount of times I saw him score an oggie then tear strips of a teammate was hilarious.

Didn't poor old Arbeloa get the hell out of dodge because he couldn't deal with Carragher?

I know which one of those 2 I'd have kept.

Anyway though just watching footage of Torres today made me think how amazing some of their old players were.

MFKS
19-08-2016, 10:40 PM
Yeah look 'overrated' should never be put on the player it's not like they are asking anyone's opinion anyway.

Regardless, I always though Gerrard came across as a selfish player who's highlight reel was spectacular but he seemed to be a very very good player in a bunch of positions yet never 'the best' at any of them.

And just on your point I thought Scholes was by far the best English midfielder of his generation by quite a margin.

Not saying he wasn't.

Was just comparing two similar players and showing the effect one had on being part of a winning club and the other who didn't win a league title ever

Premy
20-08-2016, 06:59 AM
Carragher Retired early from International Football but I would agree he was never good enough, he should never have been converted to a Central Defender and should have just stayed out on the flank.

As for Stevie G
You say he will only be remembered slipping over to lose the title? I would dispute that.
I'll remember him being a young Captain dragging his team from 3-0 down in Istanbul to one of the greatest comebacks in history to win the CL final. That same bloke who slip also stood up in 2006 at 3-2 down with no time left and scored a belter from 30 yards to take the FA cup final to Extra time and eventually win in penalties. That's the Steven Gerrard Liverpool will remember and we won't give 2 f**ks about what anyone else has to say about him.

Have Liverpool underachieved in the League in the last decade? No doubt they have, 2009 and 2014 we're prime examples of us bottling our best chances. But...
Thats Football, it's a game of small margins and taking your chance which in the League Liverpool have not been able to do.
It's been frustrating at times it's been exciting at times and it's been down right heartbreaking at times.

plague
27-08-2016, 11:11 PM
This Liverpool v spurs game is garbage.

Remember when Suarez played and he'd turn up to Spurs and be all like 'yeah let me put another few in you guys are trash'.

plague
27-08-2016, 11:56 PM
Is this Mane bloke the 2nd coming of El Hadj Djouf? Dead set crazy person.

hawk
29-08-2016, 12:45 AM
This Liverpool v spurs game is garbage.

Remember when Suarez played and he'd turn up to Spurs and be all like 'yeah let me put another few in you guys are trash'.

yeah, that was crap, couldnt get rid of him quick enough

furns
29-08-2016, 07:31 PM
LFC NSW is pleased to present An Evening with Steve McMahon.
Steve is in Australia thanks to Dunbar Rovers FC and we are very appreciative that they have made Steve available to Reds supporters during the short time he is in the country.
Steve was LFC's midfield enforcer, signed by Kenny Dalglish in 1985 to replace Graeme Souness and when he left LFC in 1991 he had made over 200 appearances, scoring 29 goals and winning 3 League titles, 2 FA Cups and 5 Charity Shields.

You can meet Steve and hear him chat about his time during one of the most successful periods in the club's history on Thursday September 8th at 80 Proof, George St, Sydney.
Doors open at 7pm for a 730pm start. Tickets are only $20 each.
LFC NSW is donating any profits from this event to our nominated charity for this season - Heartbeat of Football.

Full event details and tickets available here https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/lfc-nsw-presents-an-evening-with-steve-mcmahon-tickets-27353356626

Bremsstrahlung
11-09-2016, 05:39 AM
Good performance.
But f*** me, our defence needs a revamp. Can tell we are playing with 2 makeshift defenders.
Lucas made the cardinal sin of making a simple error a bad error, absolute gift for Vardy. Milner had a reasonable game, didn't have to do too much, was much better going forward this time.

Sturridge did well, very smart runs and opens up so much room for Mane and Firmino. Those 3 could be so potent for us this season. We have sorely missed pace upfront. We saw what Liverpool could do when we had pace in attack and dangerous players with Suarez, Sturbridge and Sterling. Obviously, not quite a Suarez-class player but Mane and Firmino are showing glimpses of that fluidity in attack. Add in Lallana and Coutinho and we have some very exciting and capable players.

Mignolet copped a battering, and did reasonably well, despite almost refusing to be an option when Lucas got stuck.

Wijnaldum and Henderson are industrious, but uneventful. Maybe thats the balance we need. Can will probably come in for Wijnaldum when fit. That will allow Henderson/Wijnaldum to push forward and hopefully exhibit some of their creativity/passing.

One thing is for sure, it's never dull supporting this club.

furns
11-09-2016, 01:56 PM
Of course they are makeshift defenders. Lovren copped a knock in training, Matip has played two games in the epl and Klaven was back from injury. And Sahko needs to prove to Klopp he is worth persevering with.
A great defence when all options are fully fit and available for selection.

And expect to see Karius sooner rather than later.

boz-monaut
17-09-2016, 07:53 AM
finally got a stream working for the last few minutes

nerve wracking stuff but a win at Stamford Bridge is never going to be easy

watch us lose at home to Hull next week

Bremsstrahlung
17-09-2016, 07:59 AM
Good win.
First half we were all over them, let them back into it in the second half. Did Matic do well or what to set up their goal, some average defending, but he did well to keep his composure and dink that to Costa.

Henderson :wub: Needs to add more of that. I'd like to see him finish a shot in the 18yd box though.

Good result, keep em coming!

furns
17-09-2016, 11:53 PM
Thoroughly enjoyed watching that back (didn't get to see it live before having to go to work).
One of the best first halfs I've seen from a Reds team against a top side.

This season will be very interesting :thumbsup:

Jeterpool
18-09-2016, 07:22 AM
Thoroughly enjoyed watching that back (didn't get to see it live before having to go to work).
One of the best first halfs I've seen from a Reds team against a top side.

This season will be very interesting :thumbsup:

I think this season is going to be a sprint between the top teams, unlike last year when it was all quite even and points were regularly dropped

boz-monaut
24-09-2016, 11:41 PM
if I was stupid enough to gamble I'd bet on Hull winning at Anfield

boz-monaut
25-09-2016, 03:47 AM
good thing I'm not stupid enough to gamble

Jeterpool
26-09-2016, 02:40 PM
Teams have certainly come out the blocks quickly this season - many teams getting blown off the park and the dominant team continuing to push even when the game has been won.

Saw a post that said this is the 3rd best league start in the last 25 years for Liverpool.

Bremsstrahlung
01-10-2016, 10:31 PM
Uhmmm since when does the ball not need to go forward from a kickoff?

Bremsstrahlung
01-10-2016, 10:33 PM
Apparently this year...

boz-monaut
01-10-2016, 10:46 PM
it's like the ship of Theseus this club

change the owner, manager, all the playing staff and it's still the same ****ing thing

beating quality opposition then losing to shit

same thing, every ****ing year

hawk
01-10-2016, 11:09 PM
all possession then offering nothing in the final third. Is gve in charge?

Jeterpool
02-10-2016, 12:33 AM
2-1 :brrr:

90 minutes people. 90 minutes

plague
02-10-2016, 12:37 AM
They waked the whole game and were like cool cool lets get the 3 points and go pub.

Man good luck supporting this ****ing team.

Bremsstrahlung
02-10-2016, 12:56 AM
These are the games we normally lose.
Go down early, then opposition park bus and we fail to penetrate. That's how it normally goes.
Pretty happy with 3 points.

boz-monaut
02-10-2016, 10:45 AM
it was my rage quit what won it for them

NUGUNS
02-10-2016, 10:18 PM
Quite happy I passed out after Swansea scored.

All I can remember is waking up very surprised at 2am with the big W in the pocket.

Jeterpool
30-10-2016, 07:07 AM
So glad that bogey game is over.

plague
07-11-2016, 08:42 AM
No way they lose it from here.
Congrats on another title Reds fans.

Jetmaster
07-11-2016, 10:10 AM
Loved how Liverpool have been training Karius to deal with crosses by padding him up in rugby pads and jostling him at training.

Should done this with Birraz!

hawk
07-11-2016, 06:36 PM
No way they'll it from here.
Congrats on another 5th Reds fans.

fixed

StannyCFCJET
07-11-2016, 06:53 PM
I reckon Liverpool will come unsuck. They have the best attack granted, but they dont have the defense required to win the league. Only teams with this are Chelsea Arsenal and Tottenham

redwah
07-11-2016, 06:57 PM
fixed

Shouldn't that be in the arsenal thread?

hawk
07-11-2016, 07:03 PM
I reckon Liverpool will come unsuck. They have the best attack granted, but they dont have the defense required to win the league. Only teams with this are Chelsea Arsenal and Tottenham

shhh you'll wake capt obvious

Shouldn't that be in the arsenal thread?

fixed cause the arse has a mortgage on 4th

Jetmaster
09-11-2016, 08:12 AM

Would expect them to pick up a couple defenders in January to shore up the paper bag defence.

Jeterpool
09-11-2016, 09:01 AM
I saw a picture where Liverpool have conceded the least shots per match in the Premier League (8.1)...

Bremsstrahlung
09-11-2016, 11:21 AM
Tbh, I don't think our defence is anywhere near as bad.
Against the top teams so far.
4-3 win over Arsenal.
2-1 over Chelsea
1-1 with Spurs
0-0 with Man U
I'd take those results.

Don't really have a problem winning games 4-3 or 6-1 or 6-5. A win is a win.
It looks like we are much more balanced than previously. And to be honest I don't think it's been our defence that has lost us games over the last few years. Our ineffectiveness in attack has cost us more points over the last few years than our defence imo. Defence just compounds that.
Teams could come to us and say, park the bus, Liverpool can't break us down if we defend and we will score off a set piece.

StannyCFCJET
09-11-2016, 11:52 AM
Tbh, I don't think our defence is anywhere near as bad.
Against the top teams so far.
4-3 win over Arsenal.
2-1 over Chelsea
1-1 with Spurs
0-0 with Man U
I'd take those results.

Don't really have a problem winning games 4-3 or 6-1 or 6-5. A win is a win.
It looks like we are much more balanced than previously. And to be honest I don't think it's been our defence that has lost us games over the last few years. Our ineffectiveness in attack has cost us more points over the last few years than our defence imo. Defence just compounds that.
Teams could come to us and say, park the bus, Liverpool can't break us down if we defend and we will score off a set piece.

You played a chelsea team in a bad formation with players who shouldve been benched. Play Chelsea now and Hazard Costa and Pedro vs your Defense. I know who my monies on

Bremsstrahlung
09-11-2016, 12:22 PM
Myeh, well if you get to make your players "in form", Liverpool can do the same thing.
I'd back an in form Coutinho, sturridge, firmino, mane, Henderson and lallana to take your defence on.

Can only play the team the opposition put out.
Long way to go yet. Still anybodies premiership.

hawk
11-11-2016, 07:55 PM
decent attack but good defence wins the title. Its not there yet. summer window maybe?

plague
11-11-2016, 09:04 PM
Coutinho's hit more from distance in the last 3 seasons than Gerrard did over his whole career with about 65,000 less attempts.

Didn't him and Suarez combined cost like £20m squid?

Premy
11-11-2016, 09:45 PM
decent attack but good defence wins the title. Its not there yet. summer window maybe?

Matip is easily in the top 5 center halfs in the league, at 25 you can only imagine he is going to get better.
Klopp rates Sakho technically but he doesn't like his work ethic and attitude, if he can find a way turn that around then he would be a good option as a partner.
Klavan and Lovren are doing a decent enough job but LFC should be looking for a better option then either of those.

Milner has been fantastic since his transition to LB, however I think that if Klopp signs anyone in January it will be a LB. The kid from Schalke seems to be Klopps target.

As for RB, no problems there as Clyne is one of the best in the league. Probably a toss up between Zabaleta, Clyne, Coleman and Walker.

Biggest problem Klopp faces is keeping Coutinho, especially now Barca are showing interest.

hawk
12-11-2016, 09:33 AM
Biggest problem Klopp faces is keeping Coutinho, especially now Barca are showing interest.

Thats where they fkd up before with suarez. They sold a player that could really get them near the top to buy several ok players.

Keep the best and build from there policy and maybe, get a good manager.

Bremsstrahlung
12-11-2016, 09:48 AM
I think Coutinho is a little different, personally.
He has come out and said how much he loves this club, he genuinely looks like he is having the time of his life joking around with Firmino and he is starting to boss it once more.
Amid speculation earlier in the season, he came out and said he was not going anywhere and the club said he is not for sale.

Suarez - obviously wanted to leave. Said it in the press, got his agent to say things, the whole thing was Suarez wanting out.
Sterling - Wanted more coin, fame, was unsatisfied with his slow steady ascent to fame and chased the money to City.

If there's ever a situation to retain a player and stop this cycle of selling off our best players, it is now. He loves the club, the club and fans love him. Add to that, he is hitting some form now and will probs bag 5 more goals before Xmas.

That being said, if he was sold, the club has screwed up and we have taken steps backwards.

redwah
12-11-2016, 06:45 PM
You played a chelsea team in a bad formation with players who shouldve been benched. Play Chelsea now and Hazard Costa and Pedro vs your Defense. I know who my monies on

Doesn't say that in the results column....just says Liverpool W....

redwah
12-11-2016, 06:47 PM

Accumulating the most points during the season wins the title....who cares if we win 1 nil or 6-5......3 points is 3 points

hawk
12-11-2016, 08:06 PM
Accumulating the most points during the season wins the title....who cares if we win 1 nil or 6-5......3 points is 3 points

future results will answer this cliche

Bremsstrahlung
12-11-2016, 08:25 PM
Well yeh.
Don't really know what's going to happen.
Like really, I guess a lot of Liverpool fans are saying, who cares if we win 5-3 or 6-1 or 5-4, we win and get the three points. Which is completely valid. Just as valid as a team like Chelsea over the years grounding out 1-0 wins and saying they were doing enough. There's no right or wrong way to win the league.
I mean, the point people are making of our poor defence is that it's going to cost us games.
Which it may well do.
If we play this exciting style and concede, that's the way it is, live and die by the sword.
But while we are collecting 3 points it's a bit hard to argue with.
Obviously a surefire defensive line would be great. But really, I'm not convinced we are as frail as previous years.

plague
12-11-2016, 08:35 PM
id bet on one thing for sure though, that if it gets down to a one game scenario against Chelsea to realistically secure the title that Klopp won't get out coached like Rodgers did.

b'lee dat.

hawk
12-11-2016, 08:45 PM
I mean, the point people are making of our poor defence is that it's going to cost us games.
Which it may well do.

Exactly those 1-0 & 2-1 (defence) wins get titles, eg leicester. 1-1, 2-2, 3-3, 4-4 doesnt. Captn obvs moment i know

The style of play is quite pleasing and the lads are enjoying their football.

redwah
13-11-2016, 03:58 PM

It's not a cliche it's a mathematical fact.

hawk
13-11-2016, 10:23 PM

oops I could've sworn this tired well known factual saying could be such.

plague
14-11-2016, 11:21 AM

yeah im gonna need more info before jumping on board.

redwah
14-11-2016, 06:37 PM
yeah im gonna need more info before jumping on board.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the team that accumulates the most points in the season almost always win the league and if getting 3points for a win, no matter the margin or scoreline, lead to a greater accumulation of said points thus giving the team with the greatest number of accumulated points the greatest chance to be declared the winner of said title ......it's been a while since I was in school but I thought that's what mathematics was....I could be mistaken though...I am getting on.

plague
14-11-2016, 07:30 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the team that accumulates the most points in the season almost always win the league and if getting 3points for a win, no matter the margin or scoreline, lead to a greater accumulation of said points thus giving the team with the greatest number of accumulated points the greatest chance to be declared the winner of said title ......it's been a while since I was in school but I thought that's what mathematics was....I could be mistaken though...I am getting on.

hmmm, you're putting together a strong case, but I need to let Hawk have the right of reply before i commit to a decision.
Its only fair.

StannyCFCJET
14-11-2016, 08:49 PM

Your correct but Liverpool will get games like burnley again where they cant score and there rubbish defense will cost them

redwah
14-11-2016, 08:57 PM
Your correct but Liverpool will get games like burnley again where they cant score and there rubbish defense will cost them

Quite possibly, as others may also drop points they are expected to win, some ref may actually see one of Costa's on field assaults and he will be suspended for a run of games, arsenal could have their usual Christmas drop off, man city could implode....who knows what will happen...all I'm saying is I'll take more goals for than against and 3 points as often as possible and let the chips fall where they will

StannyCFCJET
14-11-2016, 09:54 PM
Quite possibly, as others may also drop points they are expected to win, some ref may actually see one of Costa's on field assaults and he will be suspended for a run of games, arsenal could have their usual Christmas drop off, man city could implode....who knows what will happen...all I'm saying is I'll take more goals for than against and 3 points as often as possible and let the chips fall where they will

Costa gets harassed and taken out way more by defenders then he dishes out but premier league referees are retarted and referee certain players on reptuation before anything else

pv4
14-11-2016, 10:14 PM
Costa gets harassed and taken out way more by defenders then he dishes out

:rof::rof::rof:

StannyCFCJET
15-11-2016, 01:09 AM
:rof::rof::rof:

look at the stats he's one of the most fouled players in the league and he's done nothing this season. All this media crap comes from that League cup semi final where emre can was a crybaby when costa accidentally stepped on him

Jeterpool
15-11-2016, 07:50 AM
Maybe. I guess Chelsea have to be worried coming up against teams like liverpool and Arsenal where they are outscored.

I assume we're listing the games each respective team has lost, yeah?

Jetmaster
15-11-2016, 08:34 AM

I always think that but there are so many out there who think the superior team below was Barcelona...

http://i.imgur.com/aYFRj.jpg

Only one stat matters.

redwah
15-11-2016, 08:50 AM
I always think that but there are so many out there who think the superior team below was Barcelona...

http://i.imgur.com/aYFRj.jpg

Only one stat matters.

Yep that's my point exactly....score says 2-1 Celtic....3points to them. All that matters.....all other stats are irrelevant.

plague
15-11-2016, 10:24 AM
I always think that but there are so many out there who think the superior team below was Barcelona

Only one stat matters.

assists?

Jeterpool
15-11-2016, 10:47 AM
assists?

Nope. Mongrel

StannyCFCJET
15-11-2016, 11:38 AM
Maybe. I guess Chelsea have to be worried coming up against teams like liverpool and Arsenal where they are outscored.

I assume we're listing the games each respective team has lost, yeah?

Liverpool worry me because something about courtious still doesn't convince me. Arsenal dont however there starting to get their usual injury problems and they caught us on a very bad day, well put them in their place next time

Jeterpool
15-11-2016, 11:49 AM
Liverpool worry me because something about courtious still doesn't convince me. Arsenal dont however there starting to get their usual injury problems and they caught us on a very bad day, well put them in their place next time

Have Chelsea played City yet?

Liverpool don't have them until Matchday 19. Aside from Everton, Liverpool have played all the "big" teams so far.

plague
15-11-2016, 12:42 PM
Nope. Mongrel

http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/LAUGHING-HASLAM.gif
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--kfrNQIVr--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/cx1nxzk0ikbzns79dnql.gif

Premy
15-11-2016, 12:52 PM

Liverpool don't have them until Matchday 19. Aside from Everton, Liverpool have played all the "big" teams so far.

Chelski have Tottenham and City in the next 3 weeks, will know after those games if they are contenders or pretenders.

StannyCFCJET
15-11-2016, 01:57 PM

We play them soon along with the Spuds

hawk
29-11-2016, 07:28 PM
Chelks are the real deal but Liverpool are red. yeah n all that

Bremsstrahlung
01-12-2016, 07:28 PM
Have to say I'm amused at klopp saying we need to keep Woodburn grounded and was scared the media were gonna talk him up. Club sends an official email "a star is born". Did they not communicate about this?

Bremsstrahlung
05-12-2016, 03:29 AM
Man it's tough supporting the Jets and Liverpool.

Jeterpool
05-12-2016, 05:53 AM
Man it's tough supporting the Jets and Liverpool.

Yep

Bremsstrahlung
05-12-2016, 09:44 AM
There's some hilarious memes and jokes about it though.

There was an article about how they visited an orphanage after the game. Klopp made the whole team go and spend time with the children. "It's just so sad to see how sad and helpless they are" - said jake (aged 6).

hawk
05-12-2016, 12:32 PM

lol, didnt take long. defence gets points and titles. turns 3-4 losses into 3-1 wins.

The attack is fine and quite impressive tbh

StannyCFCJET
05-12-2016, 02:59 PM
And that ladies and gentlemen is why liverpool wont win the league. Chelsea lost games to big teams which can happen even when you win the league. But losing to teams lower down the table cost you titles

WolfMan
05-12-2016, 05:38 PM
And that ladies and gentlemen is why liverpool wont win the league. Chelsea lost games to big teams which can happen even when you win the league. But losing to teams lower down the table cost you titles

I dare say losing to the top teams situated around you does more damage than losing to lower placed teams. 6 point games and all that.

Take your point though

StannyCFCJET
05-12-2016, 06:20 PM
I dare say losing to the top teams situated around you does more damage than losing to lower placed teams. 6 point games and all that.

Take your point though

more little teams than big teams. Say you win 10 in a row then lose to say liverpool. Rather that then Beat liverpool than lose a few to stoke bournemouth burnley and teams like that ETC

Roundball Enthusiast
05-12-2016, 10:23 PM
Chelski have Tottenham and City in the next 3 weeks, will know after those games if they are contenders or pretenders.

Hiiii contenders reports in.

Premy
05-12-2016, 11:31 PM
Hiiii contenders reports in.

:thumbsup:

Bremsstrahlung
06-12-2016, 01:19 AM
more little teams than big teams. Say you win 10 in a row then lose to say liverpool. Rather that then Beat liverpool than lose a few to stoke bournemouth burnley and teams like that ETC

Well yeh, i'd rather lose one game than 3+ games.

If I were to lose 5 games all season, i'd rather they were against non top 6 teams.
Games against fellow Top 4 teams are potential 6 point games.

Anyway, will agree, our defence is poor. The fact we lost that game is disappointing. But that game alone, will not cost us anything this season. Plenty of games to go.

Jeterpool
06-12-2016, 08:43 AM

You're crowing very early.

Let's see at the very least how teams have done after they have played each other at least once.

StannyCFCJET
06-12-2016, 01:53 PM
You're crowing very early.

Let's see at the very least how teams have done after they have played each other at least once.

im crowing cause i know what happens when chelsea go on runs like this we win the league

Frodo
06-12-2016, 03:29 PM
im crowing cause i know what happens when chelsea go on runs like this we win the league

Chelsea are about 2 injuries away from a crisis at any point this year. They don't have the depth that they had last year. They are playing well and deserve to be top but not many people would call them as champions elect for a few months yet. Don't forget they got spanked by Arsenal 3-0 not too long ago, They will actually have a pretty strong test this week against West Brom. West Brom won't come at them all guns blazing and have been playing well lately, definitely a potential banana-skin fixture after they have had a great run.

Liverpool basically need Matip back and to buy a CB in January. Tell Klopp to throw 10 million pounds at Southampton for Fonte who is unhappy with the club and would be a great fold for Matip. If they can convince him to come to the club.

Macca
06-12-2016, 04:20 PM
You make some good points. I think Costa has been phenomenal for them this season and suspect they would have a few less points without him. Also I'm not sure how well their new 3-4-3 would function with, as you said, a few players missing. Wing backs can be hard to replace, as well as their star players. Think Chelsea will be too good for Brom, but for sure it will be harder for them without being able to freely counter attack an aggressive team.

StannyCFCJET
06-12-2016, 05:03 PM
Chelsea are about 2 injuries away from a crisis at any point this year. They don't have the depth that they had last year. They are playing well and deserve to be top but not many people would call them as champions elect for a few months yet. Don't forget they got spanked by Arsenal 3-0 not too long ago, They will actually have a pretty strong test this week against West Brom. West Brom won't come at them all guns blazing and have been playing well lately, definitely a potential banana-skin fixture after they have had a great run.

Liverpool basically need Matip back and to buy a CB in January. Tell Klopp to throw 10 million pounds at Southampton for Fonte who is unhappy with the club and would be a great fold for Matip. If they can convince him to come to the club.

If we Lose costa and hazard it would hurt us but willian/pedro and batshsuyai would all do a great job. Not as good but enough to keep us winning games. And that argument could be made for Arsenal with Ozil and Sanchez and Liverpool with Coutinho (who is out) and Mane/Firminho and city with Aguero (suspended 4 games) and KDB. Also we played arsenal when we were in a bad system and had out of form players playing. Man city are better than Arsenal and we just beat them.

StannyCFCJET
06-12-2016, 05:05 PM
You make some good points. I think Costa has been phenomenal for them this season and suspect they would have a few less points without him. Also I'm not sure how well their new 3-4-3 would function with, as you said, a few players missing. Wing backs can be hard to replace, as well as their star players. Think Chelsea will be too good for Brom, but for sure it will be harder for them without being able to freely counter attack an aggressive team.

we do more then counter attack. weve played games where we dominate possesion and weve destroyed teams by scoreline/performance. Im looking at the Hull Lesciester Middlesbrogh Southhampton and Everton games. Only games where we needed to maybe counter attack and sit deep were Man U (we ****ed them) Spurs and City (we beat them both)

Macca
06-12-2016, 05:18 PM
I know you can do more than counter attack, otherwise I would have said playing against Brom is going to be really tough. But I maintain that you excel at counter attacking and punishing mistakes from teams such as the performances you listed at the end. Nothing wrong with being a good counter attacking team, Real Madrid I would class as one too and even Barca have added that to their arsenal in the last couple of years. Doesn't mean you can't play possession football as well / instead, but you have that capability.

In any case I think the season has a long way to go yet, Chelsea look hard to stop at the moment but it wasn't that long ago that people were wondering if anyone could take points off City.

Premy
06-12-2016, 08:55 PM
Klopp is looking to raid Southampton again, however it's not for Fonte. He wants his partner in crime and it's going to cost for then 10 million squid.

Premy
06-12-2016, 09:02 PM
we do more then counter attack. weve played games where we dominate possesion and weve destroyed teams by scoreline/performance. Im looking at the Hull Lesciester Middlesbrogh Southhampton and Everton games. Only games where we needed to maybe counter attack and sit deep were Man U (we ****ed them) Spurs and City (we beat them both)

Take it back to your flower boy thread.

Roundball Enthusiast
07-12-2016, 01:36 PM
Take it back to your flower boy thread.

im a dick

Premy
07-12-2016, 05:08 PM
It's also plastic flag and fan free, so on ya bike.

hawk
12-12-2016, 08:16 PM
lol, didnt take long. defence gets points and titles. turns 3-4 losses into 3-1 wins.

The attack is fine and quite impressive tbh

who was the nut that said attack wins comps. :facepalm:

StannyCFCJET
12-12-2016, 09:22 PM
KARIUS and my mum

Bremsstrahlung
20-12-2016, 03:30 PM
Good physical derby this morning.
Lucky to end with 11 v 11. Referee did a reasonable job of allowing some physicality. Still the tackle on Henderson was not nice. A better view and a bit more speed and he was probabaly sent off.

Coleman was tearing shreds down our left.
Draw probably fair.
Not complaining though.
8 minutes of added time. Haven't seen that since man united trailing with Howard Webb in control.

plague
28-12-2016, 09:25 AM
Wait.
Did Liverpool just win a home game against a shitty opponent that it really needed to win to keep pace with the leaders?

hawk
29-12-2016, 05:32 PM
Wait.
Did Liverpool just win a home game against a shitty opponent that it really needed to win to keep pace with the leaders?

Yep. What went wrong?

Bremsstrahlung
30-12-2016, 05:32 AM
It'll happen when Chelsea drop points and a win would narrow the gap.

Promising that we do pretty well post Christmas. And lack of international breaks could help us get some momentum.

StannyCFCJET
30-12-2016, 10:56 AM

Promising that we do pretty well post Christmas. And lack of international breaks could help us get some momentum.

you assume Conte will let us drop points

goaliepersempre
30-12-2016, 08:16 PM

Promising that we do pretty well post Christmas. And lack of European football could help us get some momentum.

Like your push for the league and then the little slip up!!!! sigh, my dik is small

hawk
01-01-2017, 01:04 PM
less possession, shots, winner :)

plague
01-01-2017, 02:30 PM
Arsenal in massive trouble to gain 4th spot considering Liverpools run.

plague
03-01-2017, 09:51 AM
Wait.

must have been dreaming, normal service resumed etc etc etc.

hawk
09-01-2017, 08:53 PM
#fifth

parksey
09-01-2017, 10:37 PM
#sixth

cobra23
10-01-2017, 11:32 AM
#sixth

Who Ass anal? (arsenal)

Bremsstrahlung
10-01-2017, 01:52 PM
#sixth

As in the position occupied by Man U?

StannyCFCJET
10-01-2017, 01:54 PM
Did Man u win 6 games on the bounce and remain sixth hahahahaha. You cant make this stuf up :brrr:

Bremsstrahlung
10-01-2017, 09:20 PM
There's potential for some great quotes in here in 5 months time.

parksey
10-01-2017, 11:52 PM
enjoy the loss this weekend, lads

StannyCFCJET
11-01-2017, 09:12 AM
enjoy the loss this weekend, lads

enjoy a 0-0 draw with TSO parking the bus. Also enjoy Felanni starting

cobra23
11-01-2017, 10:47 AM
enjoy a 0-0 draw with TSO parking the bus. Also enjoy Felanni starting

Enjoy talking to yourself back in the chelsea thread..

StannyCFCJET
11-01-2017, 10:59 AM
Enjoy talking to yourself back in the chelsea thread..

I do, I also enjoy winning the EPL do you know what that feels like??

Jetmaster
11-01-2017, 11:09 AM

Now I don't support any of the top 6, but if, back in the day, Roman threw his resources behind Accrington Stanley they would be EPL champions by now!

StannyCFCJET
11-01-2017, 11:12 AM
Now I don't support any of the top 6, but if, back in the day, Roman threw his resources behind Accrington Stanley they would be EPL champions by now!

Maybe back then money wasnt the biggest thing and Chelsea were still a biggish club when Roman bought us. I reckon we couldve still won the league without Roman. We went very close in the late 90s and in the early 2000s had class players like Hasselbaink, Gudjohesen Terry Lampard Desaially Cudicini etc. Out of interest how do you support?

cobra23
11-01-2017, 01:40 PM
Maybe back then money wasnt the biggest thing and Chelsea were still a biggish club when Roman bought us. I reckon we couldve still won the league without Roman. We went very close in the late 90s and in the early 2000s had class players like Hasselbaink, Gudjohesen Terry Lampard Desaially Cudicini etc. Out of interest how do you support?

but you didnt,
same said for us - owen,carragher,heskey,fowler,hyypia, riise, dudek etc - but we did not

and you forgot to mention - ZOLA

Premy
11-01-2017, 01:41 PM

:roflz:
Before Roman it was Bates $$$$$ fact is Che$ea were garbage without someone else cash.

StannyCFCJET
11-01-2017, 01:42 PM
but you didnt,
same said for us - owen,carragher,heskey,fowler,hyypia, riise, dudek etc - but we did not

and you forgot to mention - ZOLA

Zola was the late 90s i was mentioning early 20s players and its funny Chelsea and now to some extent Liverpool and other clubs are blasted for spending heaps of money but people forget without clubs like us spending money all we'd have is Arsenal and Man U winning everything every year as they were they only teams who really spent big back then or had the finances to spend big

cobra23
11-01-2017, 01:44 PM
Zola was the late 90s i was mentioning early 20s players and its funny Chelsea and now to some extent Liverpool and other clubs are blasted for spending heaps of money but people forget without clubs like us spending money all we'd have is Arsenal and Man U winning everything every year as they were they only teams who really spent big back then or had the finances to spend big

My Bad

StannyCFCJET
11-01-2017, 01:44 PM
:roflz:
Before Roman it was Bates $$$$$ fact is Che$ea were garbage without someone else cash.

Garbage nope no way, but hey apparently Clubs are suppsoed to have no ambition and outside help and just let Manchester United win everything year after year.

StannyCFCJET
11-01-2017, 01:45 PM
My Bad

All g

redwah
11-01-2017, 06:28 PM

Typical.....football only started when the premier league kicked off.

goaliepersempre
11-01-2017, 07:38 PM

you sure, arsenal one of the most tight clubs re spending big.

Premy
11-01-2017, 11:43 PM
Garbage nope no way, but hey apparently Clubs are suppsoed to have no ambition and outside help and just let Manchester United win everything year after year.

"Garbage nope no way"
Great rebuttal, go stick your head in the sand some more.

What did Chelsea win before Bates came along? 1 title in like 80 years, didn't he buy Chelsea for 1 quid? Your club was a basket case and always needed the help of someone's cash.

Tell me where I said club's should have no ambition? Ambition is fantastic if they had ambition they would have strove to build it themselves.

Chelsea is famous for 2 things a Flower Show and Plastic Flags now run back to your own thread and talk about the cockney shite there.

Frodo
12-01-2017, 08:18 AM
you sure, arsenal one of the most tight clubs re spending big.

Hey, we have the Fourth biggest Wage bill in the PL. Plus we just signed a 20 yr old left back for 40,000 quid. We know how to throw money around...

hawk
12-01-2017, 12:25 PM
"Garbage nope no way"
Great rebuttal, go stick your head in the sand some more.

What did Chelsea win before Bates came along? 1 title in like 80 years, didn't he buy Chelsea for 1 quid? Your club was a basket case and always needed the help of someone's cash.

Tell me where I said club's should have no ambition? Ambition is fantastic if they had ambition they would have strove to build it themselves.

Chelsea is famous for 2 things a Flower Show and Plastic Flags now run back to your own thread and talk about the cockney shite there.

:lulzturtle:

cobra23
16-01-2017, 10:42 AM
any other time you take a point from manure is normally not a bad point,
BUT, the point this morning i think has ended our title shot for the year :angry::closed:

StannyCFCJET
16-01-2017, 10:47 AM
Hahaha dammit Hawk

cobra23
30-01-2017, 10:58 AM
:shock: what the **** did klopp give us for xmas.
to much pudding

StannyCFCJET
30-01-2017, 11:01 AM
Is Mane playing on Wednesday heard you guys were flying him back pronto???????

Bremsstrahlung
30-01-2017, 01:56 PM
They are flying him back ASAP. Whether or not he plays will be purely on how he feels imo.
If he is good to go, he will start.
If he's feeling okay, but a bit jaded, he will probably get 30 minutes or start and go off at 60.
Obviously if he is no good, we won't rest him.

This is exactly the game we will win. Playing like balls against absolutely rubbish teams and being made look terrible. Come up against an in form all but champion team in Chelsea.

StannyCFCJET
30-01-2017, 02:00 PM
They are flying him back ASAP. Whether or not he plays will be purely on how he feels imo.
If he is good to go, he will start.
If he's feeling okay, but a bit jaded, he will probably get 30 minutes or start and go off at 60.
Obviously if he is no good, we won't rest him.

This is exactly the game we will win. Playing like balls against absolutely rubbish teams and being made look terrible. Come up against an in form all but champion team in Chelsea.

Gotta admit I'm a little concerned Liverpool have become a boogey team atm. Im banking on Chelsea continuing to not lose to teams outside the top 6 to carry us to the title.

hawk
30-01-2017, 03:15 PM
Hahaha dammit Hawk

:rof::rof:

Think Arsenal are the only danger to chelks title now

StannyCFCJET
30-01-2017, 03:17 PM
:rof::rof:

Think Arsenal are the only danger to chelks title now

if we lose to Liverpool and Arsenal you might have a chance. But I dont consider arsenal a threat while Wenger is in charge. Ive had this view for almost 8 years and not changing now.

De-Champ
30-01-2017, 04:34 PM
Maybe on PS4

StannyCFCJET
31-01-2017, 09:05 AM
The game is 7am on a Wednesday what holy hell is this, Be late to work or watch it when i get home and risk already knowing the result ffs

Bremsstrahlung
31-01-2017, 10:46 AM
The game is 7am on a Wednesday what holy hell is this, Be late to work or watch it when i get home and risk already knowing the rest result ffs

You look unwell.

StannyCFCJET
31-01-2017, 10:48 AM
You look unwell.

I have been feeling a bit off lately hahaha

plague
31-01-2017, 11:25 AM
Because stats prove everything here's a stat that proves everything.

In the 13 years since Roman took over, Chelsea have got 161 more EPL points than Liverpool.

In the 13 years before he took over Liverpool scored 94 more EPL points than Chelsea.

See, stats.

Close thread.

StannyCFCJET
31-01-2017, 11:38 AM
Because stats prove everything here's a stat that proves everything.

In the 13 years since Roman took over, Chelsea have got 161 more EPL points than Liverpool.

In the 13 years before he took over Liverpool scored 94 more EPL points than Chelsea.

See, stats.

Close thread.

Is this another way of saying Chelsea bought success??

plague
31-01-2017, 11:55 AM
Is this another way of saying Chelsea bought success??

No it's a stat that proves stuff.
Once you have a stat there is no need for nuance.
It's right there in your face.

MFKS
31-01-2017, 12:56 PM

It was Blackburn Rovers under Jack WALKER who ****ed everything

He bought the EPL

He led to the blue print Abramovich and the Arabs at Man City have followed

Knock arsenal and Man Utd all you want

Their success has been down to their hard work and consistent good work

Unlike Man city who bought everything they have had

Unlike Chelsea who have bought everything they had

Go have a look at Chelsea at the formation of the EPL they were a no name mid to lower table shit club doing nothing just like West Ham

Chelsea won 1 league title and a FA Cup in nearly 100 years then they bought everything

StannyCFCJET
31-01-2017, 03:28 PM
It was Blackburn Rovers under Jack WALKER who ****ed everything

He bought the EPL

He led to the blue print Abramovich and the Arabs at Man City have followed

Unlike Man city who bought everything they have had

Unlike Chelsea who have bought everything they had

Go have a look at Chelsea at the formation of the EPL they were a no name mid to lower table shit club doing nothing just like West Ham

Chelsea won 1 league title and a FA Cup in nearly 100 years then they bought everything

So all the players from arsenals invincible season were youth products were they?

plague
31-01-2017, 03:36 PM
When they were kids Henry and Bergkamp used to climb that big oak tree on the hill at Highbury to peep over the fence at their idols.

Bremsstrahlung
31-01-2017, 04:39 PM
An interesting thing I've found.

Chelsea First Team squad players: 25
Out On Loan players: 36

Arsenal Squad: 29
Out on Loan: 6

Man Utd squad: 26

Man City Squad: 26
Out on Loan: 18

Liverpool squad: 30
Out on Loan: 11

Spurs squad : 24
Out on Loan: 3

Barca: 24 and 12 on loan
Real Madrid: 24 and 7 on loan
Bayern: 24 and 3 out on loan

Don't know what it means, if it means anything, i just found it interesting Chelsea have so many players on their books.

StannyCFCJET
31-01-2017, 05:48 PM
An interesting thing I've found.

Chelsea First Team squad players: 25
Out On Loan players: 36

Arsenal Squad: 29

Man Utd squad: 26

Man City Squad: 26
Out on Loan: 18

Liverpool squad: 30
Out on Loan: 11

Spurs squad : 24
Out on Loan: 3

Barca: 24 and 12 on loan
Real Madrid: 24 and 7 on loan
Bayern: 24 and 3 out on loan

Don't know what it means, if it means anything, i just found it interesting Chelsea have so many players on their books.

We use it as a profit system but Now with Conte our youngsters actually get a chance in the first team

Bremsstrahlung
31-01-2017, 06:31 PM
I was just surprised, like I'm not saying it's a bad thing, good on them for finding ways to make money. They are also players their rivals can't sign.

hawk
31-01-2017, 09:13 PM

never accept that deluded fiction. manu bought the comp for years. They also had the best manager so didnt have to pay quite as much.