PDA

View Full Version : L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

MFKS
31-01-2017, 09:12 PM
never accept that deluded fiction. manu bought the comp for years. They also had the best manager so didnt have to pay quite as much.
Sounds like sour grapes

My point is Man u and Arsenal were winning their titles on the back of being big well run clubs

Spuds Liverpool are both big clubs but we're not run so well hence the lack of titles

Blackburn Chelsea Man City bought their position at the top of the game

Leicester some how arsed it in something that defies logic

De-Champ
31-01-2017, 10:01 PM
Sounds like sour grapes

My point is Man u and Arsenal were winning their titles on the back of being big well run clubs

Spuds Liverpool are both big clubs but we're not run so well hence the lack of titles

Is this the same Man utd that a few years back were looking to sell their home ground to raise funds to stay afloat?? The same man utd that were bailed out by the yanks??? Yep they were really well run.

hawk
31-01-2017, 10:03 PM
Sounds like sour grapes

That is a ridiculous point. rofl

Chelsea are a well run club and they spent what they had to to win the league as every club has cept Lesta. Manu used to spend the most but retained players avoiding repeated costs. And for a little while now they have finally been out spent and are not winning titles. Man city have spent a lot but dont quite have the squad this season. Arse spent just alittle under the sh1tload that others have. A billion today is similar to a few mill in the 80's, dont get confused now.

Sour grapes? Your havin a larf.. Anyone here who puts their emotion on the line in epl is in for a rough time. wine is for bums.

MFKS
01-02-2017, 08:52 AM
Chelsea may well now be a well run club

They may well have been a well run club as they grew from the 80k 90s when they were crap

But don't try dressing up the reality that they achieved success based on spending excessive levels of cash to bridge the gap and achieve success

Excessive levels of cash that could have turned Brentford Charlton Millwall into EPL elite

StannyCFCJET
01-02-2017, 08:52 AM
Tough game a draw possibly fair result. Costa you mung you gotta berry those penalties lad.

Bremsstrahlung
01-02-2017, 10:14 AM
Only saw the second half, and thought Liverpool looked pretty good. Unlucky not to score 2.
Bit then chelseas misssd penalty.
Costa has that damn Suarez ability to infuriate the opposition with his little tricks and tactics, looking for contact and going down. If he's on your team aka Suarez, you love him. If not, you hate him.

By all accounts Chelsea looked better in the first half, so draw probably fair, both teams could've won.

StannyCFCJET
01-02-2017, 10:16 AM
Only saw the second half, and thought Liverpool looked pretty good. Unlucky not to score 2.
Bit then chelseas misssd penalty.
Costa has that damn Suarez ability to infuriate the opposition with his little tricks and tactics, looking for contact and going down. If he's on your team aka Suarez, you love him. If not, you hate him.

By all accounts Chelsea looked better in the first half, so draw probably fair, both teams could've won.

Liverpool were all over us with possession and the high pressing and the fact that chelsea couldnt keep the ball, But for all their possession they did nothing with it and their only well worked attack pretty much and they scored.
We did nothing either so draw is fair

Bremsstrahlung
01-02-2017, 10:17 AM
kante was immense too btw.
And Moses has certainly improved since his loan at Liverpool.

hawk
05-02-2017, 10:14 AM
As someone said attack is more important than defence :blush::lol::blush:. there's always next century

StannyCFCJET
05-02-2017, 12:06 PM
:soapbox:

hawk
08-02-2017, 09:16 PM
Enough Hawk need to accept liverpool are my team

Bout time. Actually there's heaps more yet. Thought you might have taken the hint. thick ay

StannyCFCJET
08-02-2017, 09:34 PM
Bout time. Actually there's heaps more yet. Thought you might have taken the hint. thick ay

**** sake Hawk but im my defense Liverpool have got to stop giving me such good ammunition

hawk
08-02-2017, 09:40 PM
**** sake Hawk but im my defense Liverpool have got to stop giving me such good ammunition

rofl, stupid red bastards

Jeterpool
13-02-2017, 12:51 PM
I hope I get the chance to watch the replay of this match during the week.

For those that have watched it, was it down to Spurs tactics? The absence of Rose and Vertonghen? The return of the forward 6 (Coutinho-Firmino-Mane ahead of Gini-Lallana-Henderson)?

Macca
13-02-2017, 01:56 PM
Disclaimer - haven't watched the match, only ext highlights and read match report.

Somewhat down to Spurs tactics if you mean they didn't cede possession and sit deep like every other team seems to do successfully against Liverpool. They tried to play and didn't do it that well, Liverpool were far too energetic and sharp first half an hour and Mane could have had 3 or 4. Spurs were pretty disappointing but likely related to Liverpool's performance.

Bremsstrahlung
14-02-2017, 01:26 PM
We always play 3947484 x better when teams try and "take it to us", leaves them vulnerable on the counter where the front 6 will absolutely rip you to shreds.
I'm genuinely surprised more teams don't play us and say, there you go, we will wait for you to gift us the game.
The bigger teams that come with a bit of an ego, i.e we are Spurs, we can outplay them, generally come off second best.
When we can grind out wins against teams sitting deep, we will win the league.
Until then, we can keep
Beating the top 6, but means little when we lose our matches against bottom 5.

Haven't seen this game in particular just a few bits and pieces. By all reports I've read we were back to our high intensity best.

Interesting debate regarding Can vs Wjinaldum.

Premy
14-02-2017, 02:18 PM
Interesting debate regarding Can vs Wjinaldum.
It's not even a debate Wjinaldum is light years in front of where Emre should be.

plague
14-02-2017, 11:00 PM
serious though how the **** you blokes have yet to post the Adam Lallama tattoo ill never know.

you call yourself real fans.

pfffft.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4DJPljWIAEfHvU.jpg

p.s. Did it hurt Jeterpool?

StannyCFCJET
28-02-2017, 08:54 AM
Now leicester city's players turn up interesting

Jetmaster
28-02-2017, 10:13 AM
Was very predictable - Leicester probably would have done that to most other teams on the night.

Ridiculous that players at Chelsea and now Leicester have downed tools, dropped points and let down fans to get their own way.

Isn't it regarded as "tanking"?

plague
28-02-2017, 04:07 PM
Quick quiz Reds fans.
More frustrating team:
A) Liverpool
B) Jets
C) **** off and leave me to wallow in my misery Plague.

Cheers,
Plague.

Jeterpool
28-02-2017, 04:19 PM
Quick quiz Reds fans.
More frustrating team:
A) Liverpool
B) Jets

Cheers,
Plague.

C)

I often question the teams I support and their detrimental effect on my health.

hawk
28-02-2017, 06:13 PM
C)

I often question the teams I support and their detrimental effect on my health.

Man, ya need to take the emotion out. Spesh when we dont get the trophy or $ for winning

Frodo
28-02-2017, 08:49 PM
Quick quiz Reds fans.
More frustrating team:
A) Liverpool
B) Jets

Cheers,
Plague.

How are the Jets frustrating? They suck, we expect them to suck, and they oblige us by sucking.

I think Klopp needs 1 more clear-out and maybe 3 new signings, plus a few youth players to step up, and they will be able to get rid of their small-game problem. Maybe Klopp underestimated how tough the smaller teams can be but if he can sort that out they will at least have a better chance of regular Champions league. Man United won't be back in the CL for a few years still. If Tottenham lose Kane or Alli then Liverpool would be able to fight it out with them for the last top 4 spot.

Sturridge/Origi/Can/Moreno/Ings could all be sold for decent money and i don't think they'd be missed too much. I can think of lots of players willing to work harder than those guys who are worth the same amount of money and would jump at the chance to work with Klopp. Fabian Schar and Nabil Fekir are two that i think would fit in well.

Keep on believing Scousers, you keep us Arsenal fans sane. That and the Tottenham fans thinking they have a chance at winning it, haha. Bantz!

StannyCFCJET
28-02-2017, 09:48 PM
How are the Jets frustrating? They suck, we expect them to suck, and they oblige us by sucking.

I think Klopp needs 1 more clear-out and maybe 3 new signings, plus a few youth players to step up, and they will be able to get rid of their small-game problem. Maybe Klopp underestimated how tough the smaller teams can be but if he can sort that out they will at least have a better chance of regular Champions league. Man United won't be back in the CL for a few years still. If Tottenham lose Kane or Alli then Liverpool would be able to fight it out with them for the last top 4 spot.

Sturridge/Origi/Can/Moreno/Ings could all be sold for decent money and i don't think they'd be missed too much. I can think of lots of players willing to work harder than those guys who are worth the same amount of money and would jump at the chance to work with Klopp. Fabian Schar and Nabil Fekir are two that i think would fit in well.

Keep on believing Scousers, you keep us Arsenal fans sane. That and the Tottenham fans thinking they have a chance at winning it, haha. Bantz!

United are making top 4 this year over arsenal and liverpool. Their only one point behind liverpool atm

cobra23
01-03-2017, 12:48 PM
Also Manure have a game in hand on us,

if we can somehow get the spiked chrissy pudding out of our system and win 10 out of the next 12 points we should secure top 4.
Home - Arsenal
Home- Burnley
Away - Man shitty
Home - Everton (derby)

Jetmaster
01-03-2017, 01:10 PM
Also Manure have a game in hand on us,

if we can somehow get the spiked chrissy pudding out of our system and win 10 out of the next 12 points we should secure top 4.
Home - Arsenal
Home- Burnley
Away - Man shitty
Home - Everton (derby)

Will lose to Burnely and win the other three.

redwah
01-03-2017, 06:02 PM
Quick quiz Reds fans.
More frustrating team:
A) Liverpool
B) Jets

Cheers,
Plague.

D...all of the above....**** I follow the 49ers and the Yankees as well......maybe I'll start following arsenal just to annoy baldrick.

baldrick
01-03-2017, 07:00 PM
..maybe I'll start following arsenal just to annoy baldrick.:sup:

WolfMan
01-03-2017, 07:03 PM
D...all of the above....**** I follow the 49ers and the Yankees as well......maybe I'll start following arsenal just to annoy baldrick.
Crying poor over following the Yankees, that'll do me.

A record 27 World Series wins, the latest less than 10 years ago.

Perennial post season attendees (last year aside) and a roster that is built to win in the very near future

Poor you

plague
01-03-2017, 10:10 PM

'The hell upbringing did you have to wind up here my brother?

plague
17-03-2017, 11:05 AM
Ryan Babel out there scoring goals for fun this morning.

Thought he was dead. Jeez.

hawk
18-03-2017, 08:38 AM
Ryan Babel out there scoring goals for fun this morning.

Thought he was dead. Jeez.

Thought he was all talk :dry:

Jeterpool
18-03-2017, 10:23 PM
Got a feeling it'll be another one of "those" weekends

furns
29-03-2017, 08:56 PM
This saturday night sees the Reds hosting the Bitters in the Merseyside Derby. Kickoff is 1030pm, the match is LIVE on Optus and SBS.
These games at such a great kickoff time are a great opportunity to get along to an LFC NSW venue and watch the game with your fellow Reds. Get along to Wests New Lambton who will be screening the game live in the sports bar.
LFC NSW will also be collecting donations for Heartbeat of Football and there will also be a prize draw at halftime for those who donated.

Details here https://www.lfcnsw.com/merseyside-derby-lfcnsw-venues/

hawk
29-03-2017, 09:43 PM
Liverpool are prepared to spend £43m to sign Real Madrid playmaker James Rodriguez, 25.(Don Balon, via Daily Star)

No way. he is not that great

plague
01-04-2017, 11:04 PM
What a player that Coutinho is.

My goodness.

Liverpool looks like they've got another 'Suarez' situation coming up.

Wonder if they'll make the same mistake again.

Bremsstrahlung
02-04-2017, 02:58 AM
Difference is coutinho wants to stay, signs contract extensions and publically proclaims his enjoyment at Liverpool.
Suarez wanted to leave for Spain and threw his toys out of the cot in a political/media firestorm. Forced their hand.
I don't think they will part with coutinho.

Jeterpool
02-04-2017, 05:40 AM
Neymar is in Coutinho's ear. Maybe Liverpool will get one more season before he's at Barca. Maybe.

De-Champ
02-04-2017, 08:56 AM
Difference is coutinho wants to stay, signs contract extensions and publically proclaims his enjoyment at Liverpool.
Suarez wanted to leave for Spain and threw his toys out of the cot in a political/media firestorm. Forced their hand.
I don't think they will part with coutinho.

According to Suarez himself he wanted to go to Arsenal.

hawk
06-04-2017, 06:12 PM
stoopid fuchs

Jetmaster
11-04-2017, 06:50 PM
So who's going to watch these guys struggle against "park the bus" FC? Got my tix for the fun.

Jeterpool
11-04-2017, 07:11 PM
I've got one

furns
11-04-2017, 08:37 PM
I will get one at some point. Spent the last 24 hours helping every other f*cker lol

Bremsstrahlung
11-04-2017, 10:10 PM
Got mine too!
Will see if I can get something a bit better tomorrow though.

Bremsstrahlung
12-04-2017, 03:32 PM
Have 2 x category C tickets in the upper tier of ANZ spare if anybody is interested.

Jetmaster
20-04-2017, 12:46 PM
http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/liverpool-confirm-gerrard-carragher-agger-and-mcmanaman-will-be-in-side-to-face-sydney-fc/news-story/c11fa718493a80ad58f16aad9f0d1c5c

Hmmm.....makes you think Legends V2.0

McManaman ffs.

Bremsstrahlung
20-04-2017, 08:12 PM
I mean, I wasn't exactly expecting to see a high quality game, but it's starting to become a bit farcical.
Oh well, good to see Gerrard again!

pistolpete
21-04-2017, 11:33 AM
I'm actually more excited to see the legends. It's not like it's ever going to be a proper match, it's a bit of a fun kick around for the fans.

hawk
21-04-2017, 04:58 PM
Id love to meet the players for a chat. That would be awesome. I just cant watch this kick n giggle

pistolpete
21-04-2017, 09:36 PM
Id love to meet the players for a chat. That would be awesome. I just cant watch this kick n giggle

Yeah fair enough. I will enjoy both

Jeterpool
01-05-2017, 07:32 AM
Given the results for United and City this morning, the match against Watford tomorrow morning is massive. It's a must win to create space and relieve pressure because City and United will both have a game in hand.

boz-monaut
01-05-2017, 08:05 AM
today's results mean there's no longer the possibility that we could win all remaining games and not make the four

there are however four banana skins between here and making it

if Boro are still in the running to stay up (unlikely but possible) then the final day will probably kill it

Jeterpool
01-05-2017, 08:08 AM
today's results mean there's no longer the possibility that we could win all remaining games and not make the four

there are however four banana skins between here and making it

if Boro are still in the running to stay up (unlikely but possible) then the final day will probably kill it

Very true. It's a nervy time of the year.

plague
01-05-2017, 10:14 AM
I'd be way more confident of Liverpool finishing top 4 if they had to play Spurs Chelsea and Arsenal.

No way they are beating 4 garbage teams.

Jeterpool
01-05-2017, 10:20 AM
I'd be way more confident of Liverpool finishing top 4 if they had to play Spurs Chelsea and Arsenal.

No way they are beating 4 garbage teams.

That's what has me concerned. They are almost like the Jets that they choke when the pressure is on....except, you know, they aim up against the teams around them.

boz-monaut
02-05-2017, 06:55 AM
that wasn't good for the nerves this early on a Tuesday morning

plague
02-05-2017, 07:16 AM
Still nowhere near safe. Citeh looks a shoe in, United are toast but will decide the title for Chelsea but those pesky Gunners are the ones to watch.

Wenger looking to secure that new contract by winning the double.

Jeterpool
02-05-2017, 07:45 AM
that wasn't good for the nerves this early on a Tuesday morning

I was streaming LFCTV Commentary on the ipad while trying to get the baby to sleep and I was worried when Coutinho went off. I can't wait to see the replay of the goal.

With the injuries sustained Liverpool are literally limping to the end of the season.

plague
02-05-2017, 12:39 PM
Geez.
It was a decent goal.
Wowsers.

Frodo
02-05-2017, 12:53 PM
Still nowhere near safe. Citeh looks a shoe in, United are toast but will decide the title for Chelsea but those pesky Gunners are the ones to watch.

Wenger looking to secure that new contract by winning the double.

I see what you did there. Citeh, Liverpool and Arsenal all aren't playing great at the moment so it's anyone's guess.

United can't earn enough draws for 4th place can they? haha.

plague
02-05-2017, 02:02 PM
United can't earn enough draws for 4th place can they? haha.

It's quite amazing though that they are what 21 or 22 games unbeaten yet prob won't even qualify for the Champions League.

Macca
02-05-2017, 03:56 PM
25. But meaningless when they draw as much as they have. I think its something like 13W 12D. 18W 7L in the same time period would have been worth more points

boz-monaut
15-05-2017, 03:53 PM
if I was stupid enough to gamble I'd have put money on a loss to West Ham

call me negative but I'm old enough to remember Arsenal nicking something from us on the last day of the season

here's hoping we see a team celebrating two days later in Sydney

hawk
15-05-2017, 05:17 PM
West Ham are often the bogie team

Bremsstrahlung
17-05-2017, 08:54 PM
Anyone after 2 x tickets to the game?
Category C- bay 604 from memory (can clarify)
Cost price was $100 each but happy to negotiate.
Gonna pop em on gumtree or something soon.

Also, thoughts on our new kit? Looks great imo. Hope it's actually a dark red, but not borderline maroon.

Jeterpool
17-05-2017, 09:10 PM
I like the new kit. I will be getting one.

StannyCFCJET
17-05-2017, 10:02 PM
Seen this question alot lately If United win the Europa League but still finish outside top 4 will they still play the rusty trombone with Chelks?

Jeterpool
17-05-2017, 10:57 PM
Who gives a **** about Utd. This is the Liverpool thread mate.

StannyCFCJET
17-05-2017, 11:18 PM
I know just found it an interesting question and this is the most active EPL related thread

Jetmaster
18-05-2017, 04:18 PM
Seen this question alot lately If United win the Europa League but still finish outside top 4 will they still play the rusty trombone with Chelks?

Manure would qualify for the Champions League group phase, with the top three EPL teams.

The 4th placed EPL team goes into the play-off phase. Up to five teams can enter from one league. Spain had five this season apparently.

As Pewl will have another 0-0 draw at Anfield this weekend and get passed by the Gooners, I agree, this should not be in their thread!

boz-monaut
22-05-2017, 11:04 AM
rather good news about making the play off round for the Champions League

I'm quite pleased

Jeterpool
22-05-2017, 11:27 AM
It is.

And it's better news that Dortmund overtook Hoffenheim on the weekend to claim an automatic position in the competition.

StannyCFCJET
22-05-2017, 11:56 AM
Thanks the lords you guys stopped the mongs Arsenal from Embarrassing football in the Champions league again.

Jetmaster
22-05-2017, 12:57 PM
So these guys now have to jump on a plane almost immediately for Wednesdays game.

Hope they smash the Smurfs but can see Arnie parking that bus.

StannyCFCJET
22-05-2017, 01:09 PM
These end of seasons friendlies never end well. Players will be exhausted and keen for Holidays and the spectacle will be a poor game.

Jeterpool
22-05-2017, 01:15 PM
So these guys now have to jump on a plane almost immediately for Wednesdays game.

Hope they smash the Smurfs but can see Arnie parking that bus.

I'm sure they'll struggle in first/Business class

NUGUNS
22-05-2017, 04:53 PM

Saw a few of players Instagram after the game and they all looked like they were getting on the piss.

plague
22-05-2017, 05:05 PM
Just promise me you guys aren't going to get all 'Arsenaly' and celebrate continually coming 4th.

The good Member would be rolling over in his grave hearing about such mediocre goals.

cobra23
22-05-2017, 08:20 PM
Just promise me you guys aren't going to get all 'Arsenaly' and celebrate continually coming 4th.

The good Member would be rolling over in his grave hearing about such mediocre goals.

If it means champions league every year, yeah

If you don't win the league there is no difference between 2nd 3rd and 4th

Jetmaster
22-05-2017, 09:49 PM
As I said earlier...4th have to go through playoffs, the others go to group phase.

hawk
22-05-2017, 11:43 PM
Johnston on Bill & Boz :wub:

Jetmaster
24-05-2017, 07:30 AM
Curious to see how this goes today. Liverpool preferred a night of sin in Thailand rather than Sydney and arrive this morning.

Team won't be at its best, and the build up to this is much flatter than Melbourne - the TV coverage is ABC2 ffs! It's not sold out. Then there will be the usual post terrorist attack blues within the stadium.

I did Melbourne and Adelaide, not sure how this will go. I'm not a Reds fan btw but take my kids who are.

This guy sounds excited though....

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/watch-liverpool-fans-australia-ready-13080904

NUGUNS
24-05-2017, 08:53 AM
Curious to see how this goes today. Liverpool preferred a night of sin in Thailand rather than Sydney and arrive this morning.

Team won't be at its best, and the build up to this is much flatter than Melbourne - the TV coverage is ABC2 ffs! It's not sold out. Then there will be the usual post terrorist attack blues within the stadium.

I did Melbourne and Adelaide, not sure how this will go. I'm not a Reds fan btw but take my kids who are.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/watch-liverpool-fans-australia-ready-13080904

I'm going to the game tonight but I'm honestly not that excited.

Having to drive to Sydney after work to see a Liverpool side that's jetlagged and in holiday mode against a team that hasn't played in a few week isn't going to be a great match.

However I am happy I'll get to see Gerrard and Agger play again. Hopefully Sturridge gets on the pitch and we get to see him play most likely his last game in Liverpool colours.

plague
24-05-2017, 09:12 AM
Team won't be at its best,

What gave it away, when they picked Gerrard?

weston
24-05-2017, 07:44 PM
How's this pre game show?

**** me dead.

belchardo
24-05-2017, 09:01 PM
they've topped it with the half time show.

lquiquer
24-05-2017, 09:03 PM
How's this pre game show?

**** me dead.

1/2 time show is even worse.... **** me dead !!!...:facepalm:

plague
24-05-2017, 09:48 PM
what exactly were you guys expecting out of this game and telecast?
the whole thing is a massive piss take, enabled by everyone who tunes in.

blame yo selves.

belchardo
24-05-2017, 09:50 PM
blame yo selves.

i do, i do. the second the fat 45 year old got on the park i thought "what am i doing?"

sammydog
24-05-2017, 09:51 PM
what exactly were you guys expecting out of this game and telecast?
the whole thing is a massive piss take, enabled by everyone who tunes in.

blame yo selves.

Nailed it.

I love Liverpool, but it's all a bit of a joke and Ive struggled to maintain an interest watching it.

boz-monaut
24-05-2017, 10:35 PM
****ing appalling service from NSW Transport not putting on extra services to Newcastle

making kids wait an hour at Strathfield is not only a joke, it's dangerous

StannyCFCJET
24-05-2017, 11:19 PM
Who the **** was that Asian dude on the fence. Can TV stations outside of Sbs not try and disgrace/ ruin football. Worse then Channel 10 saying that guy behind the Manchester attack was a soccer fan

NUGUNS
25-05-2017, 01:33 AM
So the second half of football was probably the worst I've ever paid to watch.

The crowd was more interested in paper planes and the Mexican wave.

The game was played crazy slow.

StannyCFCJET
25-05-2017, 07:45 AM
So the second half of football was probably the worst I've ever paid to watch.

The crowd was more interested in paper planes and the Mexican wave.

The game was played crazy slow.

Exactly what happened when Chelsea came down under. Sydney crowds seem more like tourists instead of football fans

Bremsstrahlung
25-05-2017, 08:31 AM
I guess the whole experience was somewhat as expected.
First half: decent squad, obviously the squad most people wanted to see. Keeping in mind we needed some first Team players for the second half. Obviously older and less skilful, but you could still see class in Gerrard and Carragher.
Second half: very lacklustre. I expected a heap of subs at half time. Obviously expected the first team players to be pulled and the rest given a half. But lallana was playing as like a CM and bar a few runs from Woodburn/Wilson (blame the seats) they seemed happy to coast. While it was good to see the players in decent match fitness and game smarts, (firmino was Brilliant) I think I prefer the preseason tours.
Anyway. It's all about expectations really. If you wanted a game of Liverpool FC top four EPL vs sydney a league champions and a battle for a club championship you were probably disappointed. If you expected an exhibition game, then you probs got what you thought.
Most embarrassing thing for me was:
A) people calling shoot to Lucas, people thinking others were booing him, and consequently booing, for no reason but sheep mentality. (Where is sheep quiz at....)
B) Mexican waves
C) paper planes. Maybe a sign of the game in the second half, but when the crowd is more interested in paper planes it is a bit ridiculous. I can only imagine plopped thinking wtf are they doing.

cobra23
25-05-2017, 09:35 AM
Exactly what happened when Chelsea came down under. Sydney crowds seem more like tourists instead of football fans

Went down, had great seats and was really impressed with the first half for a exhibition match.
Sturridge and firmino are ****ing all class , Steve g is wasted retired.
Second half was typical boring.
Sydney is a disgrace and joke for football.
Melbourne shits over this city with atmosphere and spirit

plague
25-05-2017, 10:50 AM

This is a fantastic and good statement.

Also 100% accurate.

Jetmaster
25-05-2017, 12:32 PM
Nice night out but not a patch on the Melbourne event. Not a sellout but really, if the bandwagoner Smurf fans turned up in half decent numbers it would have been. A disgrace that half their supporters bay was full of red shirts.

It was what it was - an exhibition, nothing was unexpected (except Carney actually causing slight problems).

Crowd got bored hence paper planes and wave and the "Kop" stopped singing and were more interested in beer skulling contests. The paper planes carried over from the Citeh v Real game last year and there was near 100,000 there.

StannyCFCJET
25-05-2017, 01:18 PM
Went down, had great seats and was really impressed with the first half for a exhibition match.
Sturridge and firmino are ****ing all class , Steve g is wasted retired.
Second half was typical boring.
Sydney is a disgrace and joke for football.

Melbourne had almost a stadium full of actual footbll and Liverpool fans makes a difference.

StannyCFCJET
25-05-2017, 01:21 PM
Nice night out but not a patch on the Melbourne event. Not a sellout but really, if the bandwagoner Smurf fans turned up in half decent numbers it would have been. A disgrace that half their supporters bay was full of red shirts.

It was what it was - an exhibition, nothing was unexpected (except Carney actually causing slight problems).

Crowd got bored hence paper planes and wave and the "Kop" stopped singing and were more interested in beer skulling contests. The paper planes carried over from the Citeh v Real game last year and there was near 100,000 there.

Chelsea game people were watching and cheering how close the paper planes got to the field wernt even watching the game. Embarrassing and disgraceful. How many real fans miss out cause these casual muppets get tickets. Even worse being Cech's last game and most of the crowd had no idea or even cared

Jetmaster
25-05-2017, 02:12 PM
ABC2 under siege....

http://thenewdaily.com.au/sport/football/2017/05/24/abc2-liverpool-coverage/

plague
25-05-2017, 03:58 PM
How many real fans miss out cause these casual muppets get tickets.

I agree.
Hopefully next time they hold it in a smaller venue, maybe 1,000-2,000 capacity.
Make everyone take a quiz before they go in. Gotta weed out them plastics.

Keep sockah for all you propa well 'ard sockah folks.

StannyCFCJET
25-05-2017, 04:05 PM
I agree.
Hopefully next time they hold it in a smaller venue, maybe 1,000-2,000 capacity.
Make everyone take a quiz before they go in. Gotta weed out them plastics.

Keep sockah for all you propa well 'ard sockah folks.

Sockah?? do you work for Channel 10 Plague

plague
25-05-2017, 04:05 PM
ABC2 under siege....

http://thenewdaily.com.au/sport/football/2017/05/24/abc2-liverpool-coverage/

After reading Robbie Slater (of all people) having a sook about bad coverage of the game I'm in full support of the ABC team for making fun of it all.

I want these same people to do every A-League and EPL game next year in the hope that dickheads like Slater self combust with rage.

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Maybe Slater should have a dig at his bosses for getting out bid by the ****ing ABC.

plague
25-05-2017, 04:06 PM
Sockah?? do you work for Channel 10 Plague

Sorry, 'socker'.

Thanks for pointing that out.

hawk
25-05-2017, 05:29 PM
How many real fans miss out cause these casual muppets get tickets. Even worse being Cech's last game and most of the crowd had no idea or even cared

As if real fans would want to go. It's for the Hollywood crowd and if everyone enjoys it that's cool.

Jetmaster
25-05-2017, 07:19 PM
It's the football equivalent of T20 cricket.

furns
25-05-2017, 10:15 PM

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/watch-liverpool-fans-australia-ready-13080904dont listen to that bloke - hes a knob

furns
25-05-2017, 10:26 PM

Couple of points here:
Melbourne had 6 months to sell tickets - Sydney had 6 weeks
Melbourne was the first ever visit - Sydney is the fourth city the team has visited in four years
The MCG, while massive, holds the atmosphere better than the audio black hole that is ANZ - although I think are viewing the Melbourne game with rose-coloured glasses. It was pretty quiet on occasions then too.
The local supporters branches with the more organised and experienced supporters had absolutely zero time to try to organise any blocks of tickets which would have come with a significant financial outlay on someone's personal credit cards. If there was anything able to be organised to get these groups seated close to each other it would have made the world of difference - like it did for the Legends game in 2016. As it was we were all seated all over the place with no ability to try to co-ordinate anything. I was sat up near the back in row f*cking 48 and couldn't hear a thing.
In a fixture such as this, in a country such as Australia where active support at the football is a niche thing and not the norm like it is in Europe, the vast majority are casual football fans who want to experience the famed atmosphere rather than create it. ANZ is not Anfield, it wasnt a Merseyside Derby, it was a friendly - it was never going to happen.
And to repeat - ANZ is an audio black hole and literally the worst stadium in the country to experience a football game.

For us - it was all about the pregame at Cheers and then the Novotel anyway :)

Jetmaster
26-05-2017, 07:58 AM
I was spot on about one concern...

the TV coverage is ABC2 ffs!

Haven't watched it yet but will over the weekend.

De-Champ
26-05-2017, 09:04 AM
I was spot on about one concern...

Haven't watched it yet but will over the weekend.

Don't bother

Jetmaster
26-05-2017, 02:10 PM
Don't bother

I have to...I keep these games for my boys on DVD and need to edit out what isn't needed.

Looks like YNWA and the game only will be kept!

Bremsstrahlung
29-06-2017, 07:59 AM
manslaughter charges laid for 6 ex-police officers over Hillsborough disaster.

Jeterpool
18-07-2017, 08:59 AM
It's a fait-a-compli Lucas will leave Liverpool after 10 years. I don't remember a player at the club who has lasted such a difficult start to his career, became much-maligned and the target of vitriol from the fans to completely turning the fans around and becoming integral to the team. He was flying before he sustained the ACL injury against Man City and from then he really struggled to get back into the squad. Lucas adds more that just an experienced head on the field - he appears the heartbeat of the team dynamics as well from various videos and documentaries. It's surprising he's still only 29/30, so still has a few good years left in him.

On a potential transfer, I'd love to see Liverpool go all-in for Aubemeyang. His signing I would liken to that of Torres. It's a long shot to happen but what a statement it would be.

plague
10-08-2017, 04:08 PM
Goodness, looks like Liverpool wouldn't mind trying to win some stuff this time.

MFKS
10-08-2017, 06:28 PM
Goodness, looks like Liverpool wouldn't mind trying to win some stuff this time.

Nice one

Seeing they playing in Europe this time around I ain't expecting as much from them

The two Manchester clubs should be the big improvers this season

How Guardiola done so bad with City last season defies logic

Mourinho has his club coming together well
Pogba Mhykitarian and Bailly imho never really delivered to their potential last season either

StannyCFCJET
10-08-2017, 07:12 PM
Liverpool wont win a thing until they buy a New Cb, Fullback and another CM

hawk
10-08-2017, 08:37 PM
Need trillionare

Bremsstrahlung
12-08-2017, 09:47 PM
Man, if there's one thing worse than supporting the Jets....

MFKS
12-08-2017, 10:02 PM
Man, if there's one thing worse than supporting the Jets....

Did you see that defending for the 2nd Watford goal??

Even we would struggle to achieve that incompetent level

Bremsstrahlung
12-08-2017, 10:09 PM
Did you see that defending for the 2nd Watford goal??

Even we would struggle to achieve that incompetent level

What defending?

plague
12-08-2017, 10:13 PM
cant wait for 2 years time when Mane gets sold to a big club and they keep garbage and trash like Sallah.
dear god what woeful defending.

they gonna spend that Cutinho money on 3 Andy Carroll looking mother****ers at the back and still give up free headers in the 6 yard box.

zonal marking.

plague
12-08-2017, 10:14 PM
because zones score goals not peeple

Bremsstrahlung
12-08-2017, 10:25 PM
I'm a fan of the first-to-the-ball method. where you either man mark, zonal mark, or spin around 5 times with your eyes shut, as long as you get the ball first and stop some other f***er scoring a goal.

All this overcomplicating things. Just clear the thing.

Bar the one Liverpool move that lead to the goal, this is one average game. Messy, scrappy and its gonna be more Liverpool screw ups or class that decides the game.
All while spineless (official statement says back pain) Coutinho sits at home waiting to watch his mates at Barca play.

plague
12-08-2017, 10:36 PM
naw man you cant put this on Coutinho. the second Liverpool accepts the phone call that dude starts dreaming about private tours of Sagrada Familia.

these are the exact games Liverpool have lost over the past few years. nowt has changed what else did anyone expect.

plague
12-08-2017, 11:08 PM
has anyone christened Sallah the Egyptian Dirk Kuyt yet?

Bremsstrahlung
12-08-2017, 11:09 PM
Not blaming him. Just pointing out what he's doing.
He was always portrayed as a "nice guy", is a great player and said all the right things when he signed his extension.
It's more a sign of the times, money talks. As Gerrard said, if he stays at Liverpool for 5 years, they could build statues and sing his name for years to come, if he goes to Barca, he's just another good player that has played there.

And as twitter had, PSG did to Barca, what Barca are doing to Liverpool, what Liverpool are doing to Southampton. Just how it is.

Klopp froze out Lewandowski at Dortmund when he wanted to move to Bayern.

plague
12-08-2017, 11:25 PM
oh man Gerrard is one to talk......

Bremsstrahlung
12-08-2017, 11:29 PM
oh man Gerrard is one to talk......

...?

plague
12-08-2017, 11:36 PM
***Joke's over***

StannyCFCJET
12-08-2017, 11:57 PM
well we can argue til the cows come home how overrated Gerrard is but more to the point wasnt there a couple of times he 'entertained' the idea of leaving?

i thought he was dead set on leaving for Chelsea at one stage yet 'something' kept him at Liverpool. for sure it was loyalty, kissing the badge etc etc etc,

just like his mate Carragher confusing loyalty with the fact every other team thought he was garbage and wouldnt pay 2c for him.

he just sounds jealous that Barca desperately want Coutinho.

liverpool are a selling club, they cant bring out the loyalty card when it suits.

It was death threats from liverpool mobsters or something along with footage of fans burning his Jersey

plague
12-08-2017, 11:59 PM
It was death threats from liverpool mobsters or something along with footage of fans burning his Jersey

those mobsters mustn't have had Suarez or Torres' addresses at the time........

StannyCFCJET
13-08-2017, 12:02 AM
those mobsters mustn't have had Suarez or Torres' addresses at the time........

They didn't have the home boy love Gerrard had

Jetmaster
13-08-2017, 02:40 PM
Agents are a pox....these moves are only agitated by agents who get nothing if the move doesnt go through. Half the time the player doesnt get much more.
Agent on the other hand gets a massive percentage.

MFKS
13-08-2017, 03:44 PM
I'm a fan of the first-to-the-ball method. where you either man mark, zonal mark, or spin around 5 times with your eyes shut, as long as you get the ball first and stop some other f***er scoring a goal.

All this overcomplicating things. Just clear the thing.

Bar the one Liverpool move that lead to the goal, this is one average game. Messy, scrappy and its gonna be more Liverpool screw ups or class that decides the game.
All while spineless (official statement says back pain) Coutinho sits at home waiting to watch his mates at Barca play.

Doesn't matter what your set up is man Mark zonal etc

You still have to be first to the ****ing ball

Something that coaches with their Dutch mango sucking KNVB FFA endorsed coaching certification seem to forget

Defending or attacking

It a contest to be first to the ball

Always is

De-Champ
13-08-2017, 07:51 PM
Doesn't matter what your set up is man Mark zonal etc

You still have to be first to the ****ing ball

Something that coaches with their Dutch mango sucking KNVB FFA endorsed coaching certification seem to forget

Defending or attacking

It a contest to be first to the ball

Always is

No one man marks anymore. not even Italian Teams. Its all zonal nowadays

StannyCFCJET
13-08-2017, 08:23 PM
No one man marks anymore. not even Italian Teams. Its all zonal nowadays

You Couldn't be more wrong

hawk
13-08-2017, 09:30 PM
Its all zonal apart from those that are man marked with shirts pulled all over the place lol

De-Champ
14-08-2017, 09:43 AM
Its all zonal apart from those that are man marked with shirts pulled all over the place lol

So you actually understand the difference between zonal and man marking? ...By your comment it looks like you don't.

De-Champ
14-08-2017, 09:44 AM
You Couldn't be more wrong

Name me a team that man marks...

StannyCFCJET
14-08-2017, 11:08 AM
Name me a team that man marks...

Chelsea we havent zone marked at all except for when TFSW was in charge

De-Champ
14-08-2017, 03:21 PM
Chelsea we havent zone marked at all except for when TFSW was in charge

Are you kidding? they play a boring defensive style but it is not man to man marking style.

plague
14-08-2017, 04:15 PM
Newcastle sure looked like they were man marking from corners last night.

hawk
14-08-2017, 07:02 PM
So you actually understand the difference between zonal and man marking? ...By your comment it looks like you don't.
ohh ffs. Hair for brains time to leave

De-Champ
14-08-2017, 07:52 PM
Newcastle sure looked like they were man marking from corners last night.

That is not what is meant by man marking style. Of course there is marking, on set pieces. In general play when a player enters the zone of the opposition player then there is marking. All teams nowadays play that zonal marking, with variations of course.

De-Champ
14-08-2017, 07:53 PM
ohh ffs. Hair for brains time to leave

For your information i do not have any hair.

plague
14-08-2017, 07:58 PM
That is not what is meant by man marking style. Of course there is marking, on set pieces. In general play when a player enters the zone of the opposition player then there is marking. All teams nowadays play that zonal marking, with variations of course.

i was under the impression that we were only talking about set pieces.
cause thats where the Liverpool frustration comes from.

the rest of the time they can do whatever they want as long as the put the benny hill music over the top of it im cool cool and entertained.

anyway Uniteds winning the league everyone else can go home.

plague
14-08-2017, 07:59 PM
I blow my mum

bhahahahahhahahahahha

well played sir.

StannyCFCJET
14-08-2017, 08:08 PM
Are you kidding? they play a boring defensive style but it is not man to man marking style.

You haven't watched Chelsea since Jose got sacked second time have you?

hawk
14-08-2017, 09:53 PM
bhahahahahhahahahahha

well played sir.

:rof::rof::rof:

Bremsstrahlung
17-08-2017, 12:29 PM
Thoughts on Coutinho?
Should we:
A) Sell him for Barca's 3rd and presumably final offer?
B) try to make a deal to agree to sell him next window.
C) Let him sit on the sideline until it we decide to sell or he decides he wants to play.

If we can get a suitable replacement, or make use of the funds to buy 2-3 30M+ players I'm happy for him to go. He's of no use to us if he isn't going to play and idk if we will see an offer this big for him again. Though, his reported refusal to play makes me want Klopp to make an example of him Lewandowski style.

Premy
17-08-2017, 03:39 PM
Thoughts on Coutinho?
Should we:
A) Sell him for Barca's 3rd and presumably final offer?
B) try to make a deal to agree to sell him next window.
C) Let him sit on the sideline until it we decide to sell or he decides he wants to play.

If we can get a suitable replacement, or make use of the funds to buy 2-3 30M+ players I'm happy for him to go. He's of no use to us if he isn't going to play and idk if we will see an offer this big for him again. Though, his reported refusal to play makes me want Klopp to make an example of him Lewandowski style.

Reports of him refusing to play came from Mundo, I wouldn't believe anything that comes from Mundo it's just Barca using their press to unsettle the situation.

StannyCFCJET
17-08-2017, 04:36 PM
Reports of him refusing to play came from Mundo, I wouldn't believe anything that comes from Mundo it's just Barca using their press to unsettle the situation.

I he wants to leave it may depend on whose side the players take. Klopps or Coutinhos

plague
24-08-2017, 08:41 PM
geez this Mane dude is good.

a) dont get injured.
b) dont sell him.
c) get Coutinho out there setting him up.

hawk
24-08-2017, 08:51 PM
Liverpool = Jets, Sell the ones with the most promise

Jeterpool
24-08-2017, 09:18 PM
geez this Mane dude is good.

a) dont get injured.
b) dont sell him.
c) get Coutinho out there setting him up.

Look forward to seeing him in a Barca shirt in 2019

plague
24-08-2017, 09:30 PM
Look forward to seeing him in a Barca shirt in 2019

geez i feel sorry for you blokes having to follow that slop.

and just when it is getting good you lose Coutinho and United sign Matic and and all is back to normal.

Jeterpool
24-08-2017, 10:26 PM
geez i feel sorry for you blokes having to follow that slop.

and just when it is getting good you lose Coutinho and United sign Matic and and all is back to normal.

Mate I'm a Jets fan. We've got a thick skin for this sort of thing

plague
24-08-2017, 10:43 PM
Mate I'm a Jets fan. We've got a thick skin for this sort of thing

When the day comes that we meet ima give you a big hug then buy you a beer.

You've earned it.

Jeterpool
25-08-2017, 08:53 AM
When the day comes that we meet ima give you a big hug then buy you a beer.

You've earned it.

I look forward to it.

boz-monaut
25-08-2017, 01:16 PM
Champions League draw went well then

Jeterpool
25-08-2017, 01:24 PM
Champions League draw went well then

Better than expected. Manage to avoid the "big guns" but Sevilla and Shaktar won't be easy matches.

plague
25-08-2017, 03:05 PM
Spurs tho lol.

MFKS
25-08-2017, 03:15 PM
Better than expected. Manage to avoid the "big guns" but Sevilla and Shaktar won't be easy matches.

Piss easy draw really

Same with Man U and Man C

All given pretty easy group's

Spuds if good enough will get out of that group
Chelsea also got a tough group with Athletico and Roma

Rather ironic the top 2 teams in the EPL last season get tough draws and the club's least deserving off being there get a more or less free pass to the Rd of 16

StannyCFCJET
25-08-2017, 03:51 PM
Piss easy draw really

Same with Man U and Man C

All given pretty easy group's

Spuds if good enough will get out of that group
Chelsea also got a tough group with Athletico and Roma

Rather ironic the top 2 teams in the EPL last season get tough draws and the club's least deserving off being there get a more or less free pass to the Rd of 16

United always get an easy draw. Its just the way it is.

Jeterpool
28-08-2017, 09:44 AM
Look forward to watching this game tonight.

plague
28-08-2017, 09:49 AM
'ere we go again huh.
They looked real sharp last night, albeit against a truly awful team (but Liverpool absolutely contributed to Arsenals terrible performance).

I like the Dutch #5 bloke. The front 3 were sharp, but again, the one bit of magic dust they need to turn these type of performances into a title is sitting at home learning Spanish.

Must be real frustrating as a fan.

I also enjoy watching Emre dude, and Mane. Happy for Sturridge too. One of Plague Jrns favourites.

Your goalkeeper is bad though and him and Moreno shouldn't be allowed on the pitch together under any circumstances.

MFKS
28-08-2017, 10:17 AM
Portuguese and Spanish ain't that far apart and being that he probably been exposed to a lot of Spanish anyway as it the language used outside of Portuguese in Brazil

They don't learn English as a 2nd Language they learn Spanish better

plague
28-08-2017, 10:47 AM
Portuguese and Spanish ain't that far apart and being that he probably been exposed to a lot of Spanish anyway as it the language used outside of Portuguese in Brazil

They don't learn English as a 2nd Language they learn Spanish better

Oh my god you are so terrible at this.

It's Monday cuz, lemme at least have a couple of days to warm up to your terrible posts.

Jeterpool
29-08-2017, 11:42 AM
Interesting news this morning with the Reds signing Naby Keita for $48 million pound plus a "premium" for next season.

I wonder if this will be a trend we start to see in difficult negotiations or with young "wonder kids".

Bremsstrahlung
30-08-2017, 05:57 AM
Interesting business that we seem to do. Didn't we sign Origi and loan him back for the next season?
I think this is a bit more tactical. They obviously want to keep him this year. Much the same as us and coutinho. Pay 48M and a "premium" to bump it up to, I imagine 60M at least.
We get our player, before other clubs can trigger the clause as well and pay overs on the salary. And good business for them, keep their player for a season, plan ahead, get more than the clause when they sell.
Hope he lives up to his price tag.

hawk
01-09-2017, 06:44 PM
Will Sakho be missed?

plague
01-09-2017, 06:52 PM
Will Sakho be missed?

Liverpool should sign like 50 defenders then play them one or 2 games each because they all seem to have blinders on debut then turn to shit. Sell a couple of them after each game and they'll prob win the league.

plague
01-09-2017, 06:53 PM
I'm not a registered coach of general manager though.

MFKS
01-09-2017, 07:25 PM
Oxlade Chamberlain

40 million

FMD

Wenger must have been laughing his arse off when he heard your offer

hawk
01-09-2017, 07:56 PM
why?

MFKS
01-09-2017, 08:59 PM
I have a pin dick

StannyCFCJET
01-09-2017, 10:19 PM
Oxlade Chamberlain

40 million

FMD

Wenger must have been laughing his arse off when he heard your offer

40 Mil for a back up/bench warmer Arsenal actually did some good business

Bremsstrahlung
02-09-2017, 07:22 AM
40 M is excessive. For somebody we will be deploying as a bench/squad player.
Only thing he has going for him is he would be pretty determined to make a go of it to prove everyone wrong.
Here's hoping anyway.

plague
02-09-2017, 12:33 PM
I think Henderson is one of the best pure midfielders in the prem.
love watching him play. proper focal point, always open, always looking for the ball, always making the smart pass.
blokes like Ox would love having him boss the mids. makes his job easier, and he clearly didnt have the same type of player at Arsenal.

reackon he could be a real good signing.

StannyCFCJET
02-09-2017, 03:39 PM
love watching him play. proper focal point, always open, always looking for the ball, always making the smart pass.
blokes like Ox would love having him boss the mids. makes his job easier, and he clearly didnt have the same type of player at Arsenal.

Ox wants to play Cm as a starter, Is he better then Hendersen or Can?

MFKS
02-09-2017, 03:53 PM

Yeah he that great of a player his club have won **** all whilst he there

He just a poor man's Iniesta

hawk
02-09-2017, 05:31 PM

wrong again. being a good player never guarantees trophies

MFKS
02-09-2017, 05:38 PM
wrong again. being a good player never guarantees trophies

But it tends to mean that clubs challenging for trophies try signing you or do sign you

hawk
02-09-2017, 05:44 PM
But it tends to mean that clubs challenging for trophies try signing you or do sign you

you should have used this example instead of the defunct trophy argument. He is a usual 1st team player in a top 4 team so cant say he isnt good.

A great player will be constantly hit on for a move.

Im wondering how long Salah can keep his form.

plague
02-09-2017, 07:05 PM

He just a poor man's Iniesta

Except that when his team was coasting to the title he got suspended and cost them the Prem.

So yeah that prob explains his importance.

plague
02-09-2017, 07:08 PM
Im wondering how long Salah can keep his form.

Salah is Dirk Kuyt with an Afro.
That's not a sledge, because Benitez made him an invaluable player.........by teaching him to pass to Torres.

Hopefully Klopp can work the same magic.

Frodo
02-09-2017, 07:41 PM
Salah is Dirk Kuyt with an Afro.

So true.

Oxlade isn't worth 40 Million but it was either you sign him now or he goes to Chelsea. Chelsea actually forced your hand to bid on him now rather than him arriving on a free at the end of the year.
After the Liverpool loss Arsene blew up at everyone and told them that whoever wanted to go would be sold. Even Mustafi was sanctioned to be sold for 35 million but Inter said no and he is a first choice CB but Wenger got the shits and told everyone that they were for sale. So the Ox was definitely leaving this window no matter where he went and once Chelsea bid 40 million you had to bid as well.

He will be your new James Milner. Good but not great, will have some amazing games against tough opposition but won't consistently play to that level and win you trophies. But he always idolised Gerrard so he is happy. I don't think Arsenal are going to take a massive step back with him leaving. No one wins, no one loses... Except Chelsea who instead went and overspent on a very strong/fit/great crossing wingback that can't defend great. Just like what City did... 3 times this window no less, lol.

plague
02-09-2017, 08:00 PM
I saw Ox play live one day. Him and Theo on the flanks RVP up front and just a bunch of dudes hanging around.

They put 7 past the hapless assholes who dared show up to play.

I walked out of the Emirates thinking Arsenal were gonna win the title by 100pts but Wenger pretty much didn't play that formation (and sold Song) for the rest of the year.

I reackon Ox is a real good player. When billionaires are hassling what's 2,5 or 10 million if it gets you closer to glory.

I hope he does well.

StannyCFCJET
02-09-2017, 09:20 PM
So true.

Oxlade isn't worth 40 Million but it was either you sign him now or he goes to Chelsea. Chelsea actually forced your hand to bid on him now rather than him arriving on a free at the end of the year.
After the Liverpool loss Arsene blew up at everyone and told them that whoever wanted to go would be sold. Even Mustafi was sanctioned to be sold for 35 million but Inter said no and he is a first choice CB but Wenger got the shits and told everyone that they were for sale. So the Ox was definitely leaving this window no matter where he went and once Chelsea bid 40 million you had to bid as well.

He will be your new James Milner. Good but not great, will have some amazing games against tough opposition but won't consistently play to that level and win you trophies. But he always idolised Gerrard so he is happy. I don't think Arsenal are going to take a massive step back with him leaving. No one wins, no one loses... Except Chelsea who instead went and overspent on a very strong/fit/great crossing wingback that can't defend great. Just like what City did... 3 times this window no less, lol.

Over spent?? I assume you mean Zappacosta and lol shows how much you know about football. He will be as good as Alonso is once Conte works his magic. Better then any fullbacks Arsenal have or have had in recent years

Frodo
02-09-2017, 09:34 PM
Over spent?? I assume you mean Zappacosta and lol shows how much you know about football. He will be as good as Alonso is once Conte works his magic. Better then any fullbacks Arsenal have or have had in recent years

Not saying he isn't a good player, but you could have him for like 10-15 million if he was your first choice and gave Torino enough time to properly replace him. They were working so hard to keep Belotti that they would have been easier to deal with that way. City overspent massively on fullbacks compared to you guys, my comment was more on Liverpool forcing you to quickly negotiate the deal after they signed Ox ahead of you.

StannyCFCJET
02-09-2017, 09:48 PM
Not saying he isn't a good player, but you could have him for like 10-15 million if he was your first choice and gave Torino enough time to properly replace him. They were working so hard to keep Belotti that they would have been easier to deal with that way. City overspent massively on fullbacks compared to you guys, my comment was more on Liverpool forcing you to quickly negotiate the deal after they signed Ox ahead of you.

Some of our best deals have been last minute, David Luiz and Alonso last season. I trust Conte will sort us out

MFKS
10-09-2017, 09:26 AM
Can't believe people claiming Mane didn't deserve red for his brutal attack on the City keeper

Bremsstrahlung
10-09-2017, 09:30 AM
I think most people are taking exception to "brutal attack".
Yes, red card. It wasn't malicious. It was reckless. He had eyes only for the ball.
He backed his pace to get there first. Like he has done many times before. If he gets there fractionally earlier and gets to the ball and knocks it to the side, Ederson is the one who gets a red.

Definitely a send off. It was clear dangerous play. Was there intent? I don't think so.

plague
10-09-2017, 09:46 AM
Was there intent? I don't think so.

Yeah I think the debate has centred around people arguing whether he deserved a red or not because of intent.

Except the rule book clearly states intent isn't a factor.

So the decision was correct (as you said).

Bremsstrahlung
10-09-2017, 10:01 AM
Myeh, it's a red every time, you can't seemingly fly kick somebody in the face.

Up to that point, looked a pretty even contest.
We just needed to get to half time, change tactics and could've made that a bit respectable but, klopp threw the game in the end, keeping key players fit for CL.
Take nothing from city, they were relentless. Mendy and Walker as wing backs look dangerous. MAne and Salah weren't tracking them well. Salah needs to be more clinical in front of goal.

Bremsstrahlung
10-09-2017, 10:02 AM
Oh, and Klavan out.

MFKS
10-09-2017, 11:17 AM
Yeah I think the debate has centred around people arguing whether he deserved a red or not because of intent.

Except the rule book clearly states intent isn't a factor.

So the decision was correct (as you said).

Exactly the same as that decision in the UCL a few years back when Man U were at home to Real Madrid

From memory Man U were leading the game and the tie until Nani done a similar thing and got sent off

Real then took advantage of the extra man to progress

hawk
10-09-2017, 03:37 PM
Exactly the same as that decision in the UCL a few years back when Man U were at home to Real Madrid

From memory Man U were leading the game and the tie until Nani done a similar thing and got sent off

Real then took advantage of the extra man to progress

but nani was a c*nt and deserved it and manu would have lost anyway. jog on

redwah
11-09-2017, 01:33 PM
If Mane wins the ball and the keeper takes his legs out.....red card the other way for denying goal scoring chance.....simple thing is Liverpool were rubbish and have a lot of work to do defensively.....if we want to achieve anything this season we are going to need a lot of 4-3 wins the way we defend.

Jetmaster
11-09-2017, 04:11 PM
Shane Smeltz got let off for lack of intent, and he nearly killed someone...

The interpretation of rules is a joke in football that needs to be looked at - too much debate.

If you put the rule book aside I would have said no red card and I don't follow Liverpool.

plague
11-09-2017, 04:51 PM
If you put the rule book aside I would have said no red card and I don't follow Liverpool.

You know how much I love playing the 'What the hell does Jetmaster mean here?' game, but serious, what the hell do you mean here Jetmaster?

MFKS
11-09-2017, 09:13 PM
Shane Smeltz got let off for lack of intent, and he nearly killed someone...

The interpretation of rules is a joke in football that needs to be looked at - too much debate.

Problem is the rule book is what it is

Common sense may see that it was an accident

But the rule book gives no leniency to Mane in this case

redwah
12-09-2017, 07:37 AM
Problem is the rule book is what it is

Common sense may see that it was an accident

But the rule book gives no leniency to Mane in this case

Someone's hacked the members account again...this post makes perfect sence.

Bremsstrahlung
12-09-2017, 07:50 AM
Anybody seen Ritchie(?) tackle in the Newcastle game?
Boot to the head, no injury. Red or yellow? Why?

plague
12-09-2017, 08:43 AM
Anybody seen Ritchie(?) tackle in the Newcastle game?
Boot to the head, no injury. Red or yellow? Why?

Stuff I've read says ref got it wrong and it should have also been red.

Bremsstrahlung
12-09-2017, 08:53 AM
Yehhh, they were reasonably stationary, where mane and ederson were running towards everything. But foot still hits head.
How we feel about bicycle kicks?

plague
12-09-2017, 09:11 AM
Yeah bicycles are dope.

I actually have seen some 'attempts' get pulled up for a foul but not sure if I've ever seen a goal disallowed because of one.

Any ref that chalks one off for a foul is a bum.

Macca
12-09-2017, 09:19 AM
I disagree.. not about the dopeness of course.

I think its so dumb that refs just ignore the dangerous play aspect when people do them. If you've got a couple feet of space around you and you have "right of way" to go for it then yeah, go nuts. When you kick a defenders head while doing one and it gets allowed, that just seems stupid to me. Do defenders just need to learn how to bicycle kick all their clearances or be at a disadvantage competing for head height balls in the box?

I'm pretty sure there's a part of the rules along the lines of if a high foot means that a player ducks or pulls their head away to avoid getting hit then its a free kick. Again, this would be happening in so many bicycle kicks.

MFKS
12-09-2017, 11:03 AM
I disagree.. not about the dopeness of course.

I think its so dumb that refs just ignore the dangerous play aspect when people do them. If you've got a couple feet of space around you and you have "right of way" to go for it then yeah, go nuts. When you kick a defenders head while doing one and it gets allowed, that just seems stupid to me. Do defenders just need to learn how to bicycle kick all their clearances or be at a disadvantage competing for head height balls in the box?

I'm pretty sure there's a part of the rules along the lines of if a high foot means that a player ducks or pulls their head away to avoid getting hit then its a free kick. Again, this would be happening in so many bicycle kicks.

Good point

Striker scores a world class overhead kick every week and everyone fapping about it for days and no free kick forthcoming when he done it in a crowded box

StannyCFCJET
12-09-2017, 11:42 AM
1477 Still think it isnt a red peeps?

GazFish35
12-09-2017, 12:11 PM
So we red card every high foot even if no-one is a round?
he was 2 yards outside the 18, the keeper was 10 yards away when he last looked for him and from then on he only had eyes for the ball,

if its a red, we need to start red carding any high foot regardless of the opposition players location - say goodbye to bicycle kicks etc etc
I think he had every right to assume he was in open space/enough space.

he got it wrong obviously, but it wasn't done with intent.

I hate goalkeepers being a protected species.

Macca
12-09-2017, 12:15 PM
What do you mean if noone is around? He planted studs in the guys face. What's so hard to understand?

Bremsstrahlung
12-09-2017, 12:19 PM
1477 Still think it isnt a red peeps?

I think most people will agree that it was a red.

The debate now, is around when a high foot is dangerous. Is it always dangerous? only dangerous when it makes contact?

pv4
12-09-2017, 12:33 PM
if its a red, we need to start red carding any high foot regardless of the opposition players location - say goodbye to bicycle kicks etc etc
I think he had every right to assume he was in open space/enough space.

Check out page 26 on this bad boy. Covers Mane's challenge + your bicycle kick thoughts.

https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/refereeing/law_12_fouls_misconduct_en_47379.pdf

plague
12-09-2017, 12:38 PM
Check out page 26 on this bad boy. Covers Mane's challenge + your bicycle kick thoughts.

https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/refereeing/law_12_fouls_misconduct_en_47379.pdf

tl;dr

Just tell me if FIFA thinks bicycle kicks are dope or nah.

plague
12-09-2017, 12:42 PM
So we red card every high foot even if no-one is a round?
he was 2 yards outside the 18, the keeper was 10 yards away when he last looked for him and from then on he only had eyes for the ball,

I know I'm on mute.

But

HUH?

plague
12-09-2017, 01:03 PM
Oh wait I see now, sorry nvm.

Cheers,
Plague.

WolfMan
12-09-2017, 08:22 PM
I have collected a keeper in almost the same way. Granted, I had moulded studs and so the damage was minimal. GK kept playing.

In my instance, I honestly only had eyes for the ball coming over my shoulder, foot raised in an attempt to take it down and shoot.

My point is that you can't judge a foul by the damage it does to an opposition player. But more by the intent or recklessness. I escaped any penalty if I remember correctly (aside from the obligatory free kick).

Chances are if the GK had made a meal of it, I could have seen red as well.

Jeterpool
14-09-2017, 08:59 AM
Great first half this morning, but the second half was and a lot less structured. I couldn't really see why because I had a 3 year old in my face saying "I'm hungry" for the majority of it, but the structure just seemed to be lost. It alsmost seemed to me as though Liverpool lost their legs and Klopp took too long to make a change to freshen it up.

Moreno lucky to remain on the pack, as was their right back.

MoM for me was the Sevilla coach for his second half antics throwing the ball away from Gomez.

But still, the crowd were immense and it was nice to be getting up at 4:30 on a Thursday mornign again.

plague
14-09-2017, 09:13 AM
I couldn't really see why because I had a 3 year old in my face saying "I'm hungry" for the majority of it

Keep a big bag of knuckle sandwiches in the fridge. Perfect for a screaming 3 year olds breakfast.

Jeterpool
14-09-2017, 10:14 AM
Keep a big bag of knuckle sandwiches in the fridge. Perfect for a screaming 3 year olds breakfast.

But then they'd be crying and hungry

plague
14-09-2017, 10:26 AM
But then they'd be crying and hungry

You got a back yard?
"Out you go, come back in when you're aware of your mistakes and ready to atone."

Life is cruel, prepare the youth early.

Jeterpool
14-09-2017, 10:38 AM
You got a back yard?
"Out you go, come back in when you're aware of your mistakes and ready to atone."

Life is cruel, prepare the youth early.

Poor kid has a Liverpool Jersey already. Haven't got a Jets one yet...i have a bit of heart still. But Christmas is coming up. He might get lucky.

plague
14-09-2017, 11:35 AM
Poor kid has a Liverpool Jersey already. Haven't got a Jets one yet...i have a bit of heart still. But Christmas is coming up. He might get lucky.

Post 2 photos on his wall.

1st is Boogs wearing that peach atrocity.

2nd is Labis bare chest.

Post a note 'from' Santa:
"Dear JP Jnr, guess which one little assholes get for Christmas. I'm watching you".

Straight A's til the end of year JP. Guaranteed.

Thank me later.

plague
18-09-2017, 02:46 PM
Anyone else see David Luiz get a yellow for dangerous play going for a bicycle kick last night?

Yep, clear as mud.

StannyCFCJET
18-09-2017, 03:57 PM
Anyone else see David Luiz get a yellow for dangerous play going for a bicycle kick last night?

Yep, clear as mud.

Yeah Alan shearer thought it was a joke. The ref even looked sad he had to give a yellow.

Macca
19-09-2017, 09:13 AM
It made me happy.

Jeterpool
20-09-2017, 03:15 PM
January seems to have come early this year. Not been great results since the return from the International break...and the transfer window closing.

StannyCFCJET
20-09-2017, 03:28 PM
January seems to have come early this year. Not been great results since the return from the International break...and the transfer window closing.

Did you try and sign any other CBs besides Van Djik?? surely someone good was available

Jeterpool
20-09-2017, 03:30 PM
Did you try and sign any other CBs besides Van Djik?? surely someone good was available

Me personally, no. :rof:

No links that was reported. A tenuous link to Howedes was made, early links to Maguire and Keane but Van Dijk was clearly the preferred.

StannyCFCJET
20-09-2017, 03:45 PM
Me personally, no. :rof:

No links that was reported. A tenuous link to Howedes was made, early links to Maguire and Keane but Van Dijk was clearly the preferred.

Maguire looks really good IMO.

redwah
20-09-2017, 05:16 PM

I'm a proud Red but I have to say it is embarrassing how amateurish our defence is and even more so that there was nothing done about it in the off season.....I'm sorry but VVD is hardly the only decent defender in world football and Klopp has simply ****ed up not doing anything about it. He needs to swallow some pride and get someone in the teach this mob how to defend.....

hawk
02-10-2017, 09:42 PM
still pretenders

Bremsstrahlung
03-10-2017, 06:27 AM
When we can consistently beat the bottom 14 teams we will win the league.
Until such time, we can continue to get mixed/better than average results against the top 6, but it counts for very little. Beat arsenal every time, counts for nothing when we lose to Burnley or draw with Newcastle.

Jeterpool
03-10-2017, 08:31 AM
I listened to a post match podcast of The Anfield Wrap yesterday and they were whinging about "how they can't keep doing this, it's hard to get contributors, hard to talk about another tough game, etc". FFS - try to talk about 11 consecutive matches without a win!!

Haven't watched the game, probably won't. Hopefully they all come back better following the International break.

redwah
03-10-2017, 04:49 PM
I listened to a post match podcast of The Anfield Wrap yesterday and they were whinging about "how they can't keep doing this, it's hard to get contributors, hard to talk about another tough game, etc". FFS - try to talk about 11 consecutive matches without a win!!

Haven't watched the game, probably won't. Hopefully they all come back better following the International break.

I wouldn't bother.....unless you have no more walls to smash your head into that is.

Bremsstrahlung
23-10-2017, 06:37 AM
Our attack is killing us. Can’t expect to win games if we only score one goal. Needed 4 more goals today.
If mane played today, we could’ve at least made it 4-3. Which means firmino or Sturridge need to start contributing more. A goal or two from each of them would’ve been handy this morning. Klopp needs to address what should’ve been solved over the summer. Put Lovren as part of our front 3. Bloke makes goals happen.

/sarcastic rant.

Need 2 new CBs. Whoever we have gets infected with Liverpool defensive virus rendering them useless.

Bon
23-10-2017, 12:41 PM
Need 2 new CBs and a decent keeper. Whoever we have gets infected with Liverpool defensive virus rendering them useless.

Fixed..

StannyCFCJET
23-10-2017, 12:58 PM
Why did Lpool put all their eggs in the Van Djik basket and how is Lovran still a prem defender. Either your coach is a moron or your board ****ed big time or both.

goaliepersempre
23-10-2017, 05:33 PM
Fixed..

haha watching the game yesterday, def thought that was the biggest problem. Defence miles of the pace and GK should be doing much much better....

goaliepersempre
23-10-2017, 05:34 PM
haha watching the game yesterday, def thought that was the biggest problem. Defence miles of the pace and GK should be doing much much better....

Bloody gfs brother is a spurs fan (and Basel) so perfect storm for me... But flew over yesterday for the game so enjoyable for him.

hawk
25-10-2017, 11:21 AM
You think that's bad.

The biggest problem is trying to workout how the reds can jump above Burnley on the table. tough assignment

Bremsstrahlung
14-12-2017, 08:18 AM
Salah would probably be on track to a record goal scoring season if he could finish clinically.

boz-monaut
28-12-2017, 08:53 AM
so the on again off again thing with Van Dijk finally had a happy ending

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/dec/27/liverpool-agree-world-record-75m-fee-with-southampton-for-virgil-van-dijk

happy for Van Dijk's agents anyway

StannyCFCJET
28-12-2017, 12:48 PM
so the on again off again thing with Van Dijk finally had a happy ending

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/dec/27/liverpool-agree-world-record-75m-fee-with-southampton-for-virgil-van-dijk

happy for Van Dijk's agents anyway

Liverpool have been conned IMO. Is Van Djik any better then what Lovern showed while he was at southampton? (

De-Champ
28-12-2017, 06:20 PM
Liverpool have been conned IMO. Is Van Djik any better then what Lovern showed while he was at southampton? (

I do not think it is a question if Liverpool have overpaid or not...It is a question that they had to do something as their defence is non existent. Some sort of change was necessary.

plague
28-12-2017, 06:40 PM
Coutinho packed his bags yet?

Gotta pay that bill somehow.

De-Champ
29-12-2017, 08:33 AM
He is not the only player that will leave. Juve are looking at Can, one other (can't remember the name) has been inquired about by another EPL club. Inquiry in Spain re Salah as well..