PDA

View Full Version : L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15

hawk
31-12-2017, 03:04 PM
Juve can eat a bag and can can on with Can.

MFKS
31-12-2017, 06:48 PM
Got to love Nike putting up a post welcoming Coutinho to the Nou Camp and offering Coutinho personalised Barca kits on sale until Jan 6th

Wonder how they know what's going on ??

Premy
01-01-2018, 12:29 PM
Got to love Nike putting up a post welcoming Coutinho to the Nou Camp and offering Coutinho personalised Barca kits on sale until Jan 6th

Wonder how they know what's going on ??

Or it's Barca doing what Barca always do in transfer negotiations using little tactics like this. You only have to look out how they use Mundo in their past negotiations to know this is nothing unusual. Real are doing the same thing with Marca and Adidas to unsettle Harry Kane and his agents.

Welcome to Mod€rn Fooba££.

hawk
01-01-2018, 04:26 PM
kuntz.

Sing along....ya dont make friends with Salah

Bremsstrahlung
07-01-2018, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the 5 years Coutinho.
Amazing player. Destined for big things. Shame he didn’t get to achieve those things with us.
Hopefully he does well and him and Suarez can link up again to success.

I don’t know what the incentive is for players wanting to go there. There’s not too much of a challenge is there??
League wise, I’d argue that the EPL is one of the most competitive (maybe with exception of Calcio A) leagues in the world.
Same with the likes of PSG, Bayern, PSV, Gala, etc. these teams are pretty much locked in a 2-3 way battle for their domestic title each year, the only real challenge is champions league. And even then 4 out of 13 potential games probabaly aren’t that intense. What’s the motivation?
Is it better to be a star player in an average (comparatively) team, or another player in a superstar team.

MFKS
07-01-2018, 06:57 PM
Amazing player. Destined for big things. Shame he didn’t get to achieve those things with us.

I don’t know what the incentive is for players wanting to go there. There’s not too much of a challenge is there??
League wise, I’d argue that the EPL is one of the most competitive (maybe with exception of Calcio A) leagues in the world.
Same with the likes of PSG, Bayern, PSV, Gala, etc. these teams are pretty much locked in a 2-3 way battle for their domestic title each year, the only real challenge is champions league. And even then 4 out of 13 potential games probabaly aren’t that intense. What’s the motivation?
Is it better to be a star player in an average (comparatively) team, or another player in a superstar team.

Playing with Iniesta
Playing with Messi
Playing at arguably the biggest club in the world
Living in an area with regular sunshine
Not living in a shithole like Merseyside

There is five reasons I can think of pretty quick

plague
07-01-2018, 07:26 PM
Has he officially gone?

Jeterpool
07-01-2018, 08:11 PM
Has he officially gone?

Yes

De-Champ
07-01-2018, 10:39 PM

I think you will find that statistical wise The EPL is the least competative of the 4/5 big leagues. The same team has won more times than any other league.

StannyCFCJET
07-01-2018, 10:46 PM
I think you will find that statistical wise The EPL is the least competative of the 4/5 big leagues. The same team has won more times than any other league.

Yeah but it would be the league with the most amount of different winners

plague
08-01-2018, 12:17 AM
Yes

Genuinely surprised he went now. He can’t play champions league, and Barca has the title wrapped up.

Thought he’d be better off waiting til summmer.

Reds sure messed up not making them include someone like Denis Suarez (or the other young gun CM who’s name I forgot) in the sale. Bloke is red hot and now seemingly out of a spot until Iniesta decides to hang them up now.

plague
08-01-2018, 12:21 AM
I don’t know what the incentive is for players wanting to go there.

Huh?

I can’t think of ‘one’ reason Liverpool as a team or a city is anywhere near better than Barcelona.

hawk
08-01-2018, 01:23 AM
He'll get trophies too go with his mrs

De-Champ
08-01-2018, 11:35 AM
Yeah but it would be the league with the most amount of different winners

No my original comment was not worded correctly. You will find over the lat twenty years the EPL has not had the most amount of different winners.

cobra23
11-01-2018, 12:44 PM
:angry: :( devoed

well a lot of coin and still 20 days to sign someone .
but for me to good of a player to replace.

plague
11-01-2018, 11:52 PM
So Barca are walking the league and top 3 fav for Champions league and have 2 of the best players ever on the same team at the same time, but then go and buy one of the EPL's best to add in reinforcements.

Liverpool sit mid table and continually pretend they want to try and win stuff but then (again) sell their best player and will no doubt bring in either a) a bunch of dudes who will be garbage or b) nail another bargain like Suarez, Coutinho, Torres but the minute he gets good sell him and continually reward mediocre players like Gerrard and Carragher.

Liverpool aint winning shit til they become a club that actually prioritises it.

StannyCFCJET
12-01-2018, 01:11 AM
So Barca are walking the league and top 3 fav for Champions league and have 2 of the best players ever on the same team at the same time, but then go and buy one of the EPL's best to add in reinforcements.

Liverpool sit mid table and continually pretend they want to try and win stuff but then (again) sell their best player and will no doubt bring in either a) a bunch of dudes who will be garbage or b) nail another bargain like Suarez, Coutinho, Torres but the minute he gets good sell him and continually reward mediocre players like Gerrard and Carragher.

Liverpool aint winning shit til they become a club that actually prioritises it.

You also summed up Arsenal lad haha

Jetmaster
12-01-2018, 08:52 AM
Once a high profile player wants out these days there isn't alot you can do tbh, except delay the inevitable.

The Payet saga last year wasn't so much a case of money but him being a dick and going on strike eventually.

MFKS
12-01-2018, 09:47 AM

I get Iniesta is one of the greatest of all time and me and you are on the same page there but who this other bloke at Barca you talking about ??

They sold Dani Alves years ago despite his shit stats for assists

plague
12-01-2018, 10:36 AM
I get Iniesta is one of the greatest of all time and me and you are on the same page there but who this other bloke at Barca you talking about ??

Basquets.

plague
12-01-2018, 10:38 AM
You also summed up Arsenal lad haha

I don’t think that’s even close.

How many world class players have Arseanal sold in their prime?

I don’t think that’s anywhere near what Liverpool does. I don’t if any club has Liverpool’s recent track record on this.

MFKS
12-01-2018, 11:03 AM
Basquets.

Good old Biscuits

I surprised some other club hasn't actually tried to sign him from Barca

Many times he been just on the periphery of things but he makes them tick and controls the game for his side

StannyCFCJET
12-01-2018, 12:41 PM
Basquets.

Nah Rakatic. Honestly this guy is superb

Macca
12-01-2018, 01:08 PM

Good player but his value for that side is his workrate not his quality. Quality wise he's not a standout in terms of top midfielders in the spanish comp.

StannyCFCJET
12-01-2018, 02:17 PM
Good player but his value for that side is his workrate not his quality. Quality wise he's not a standout in terms of top midfielders in the spanish comp.

Tru, I havent watched him enough

plague
12-01-2018, 06:43 PM

Please go sit down.
You need some rest.

MFKS
12-01-2018, 07:49 PM

Compared to Kantarovski and Ugarkovic yes

But one of the shittest players at Barca

Bremsstrahlung
15-01-2018, 11:38 AM
A great summary of Liverpool this morning.
Can take it to any team, and come out pretty good.
Can also f**k a sure thing like nobody else.

hawk
15-01-2018, 11:50 AM
always trying to give manu a leg up

plus 1st game without courto who was sorely missed.

plague
15-01-2018, 04:19 PM
plus 1st game without courto who was sorely missed.

Some game huh?

and the Coutinho thing is gonna get spouted all week and justified based on that result.

and will prob continue to do so right up until injuries hit and they sell Mane and Salah.

hawk
15-01-2018, 10:14 PM
Some game huh?

and the Coutinho thing is gonna get spouted all week and justified based on that result.

and will prob continue to do so right up until injuries hit and they sell Mane and Salah.

you speaking like they gonna have problems.

They arent even contenders with Couto so regardless no loss regardless of the next 10 games.

plague
16-01-2018, 10:22 AM
All the (deserved) backslapping over Liverpool’s performance on the weekend then you see Suarez’s goal and everyone’s like “damn he still better than ALL those dudes”.

plague
16-01-2018, 10:24 AM
you speaking like they gonna have problems.

They arent even contenders with Couto so regardless no loss regardless of the next 10 games.

Again though, copying the Arsenal playbook is not without merit.

But it must be grating that even Lester could put it all together for at least one damn season over the past 30.

That 4th place trophy shootout every year with Spurs and Gunners gonna be a doozy.

boz-monaut
23-01-2018, 11:05 AM
started watching 0-0
one minute later 1-0

every ****ing time

Jeterpool
23-01-2018, 11:06 AM
Football is the worst game...seriously.

plague
23-01-2018, 11:11 AM
Football is the worst game...seriously.

I don’t know why you blokes do it to yourselves.

Bremsstrahlung
23-01-2018, 11:15 AM
This is legit Liverpool.
Beat the top team pretty convincingly.
Lose to the bottom team without losing much treat.

redwah
23-01-2018, 12:22 PM
Isn’t it cricket season

boz-monaut
23-01-2018, 12:43 PM
I don't even like soccer

hawk
23-01-2018, 03:06 PM
Good. Egos and hopes back to where they belong.

Jetmaster
24-01-2018, 08:53 AM
After the City game I told my Pool loving family "you watch them lose against Swansea next week".

The funny part was I had no idea who their next opponent was!

boz-monaut
24-01-2018, 08:56 AM
that isn't funny

Bremsstrahlung
30-01-2018, 07:44 AM
Because the Liverpool thread is everywhere but here:

Haha.
Pretty poor showing. Henderson apparently wrote a piece in the programme saying how much the FA Cup meant to them etc. worked out well.
Our first 11 is great when they are firing. Could beat anybody in the world imo.
Shame is we are a clusterf**** against low opposition. The trick to beating us, give us the ball, sit back and defend. And watch the lols unfold.

If you try and attack us, we will punish you. Teams that try to play against us get caught out, teams that sit back and defend, frustrate us into capitulation.

Jeterpool
30-01-2018, 09:19 AM

Haha.
Pretty poor showing. Henderson apparently wrote a piece in the programme saying how much the FA Cup meant to them etc. worked out well.
Our first 11 is great when they are firing. Could beat anybody in the world imo.
Shame is we are a clusterf**** against low opposition. The trick to beating us, give us the ball, sit back and defend. And watch the lols unfold.

If you try and attack us, we will punish you. Teams that try to play against us get caught out, teams that sit back and defend, frustrate us into capitulation.

They're a strange, frustrating team to follow. So Jekyll and Hyde.

And Sturridge has now gone to West Brom on loan for the rest of the season.

StannyCFCJET
30-01-2018, 01:00 PM

Haha.

You play to the level of your opponent

MFKS
30-01-2018, 02:33 PM
You play to the level of your opponent

Not quite true

Their opponents drag them to their level and beat them with experience

The counter attacking thing can work

FFS Real Madrid won La Liga and UCL on the back of it
Just need to get the defending in order

Bremsstrahlung
05-02-2018, 06:45 AM
I hate football.

Jeterpool
05-02-2018, 09:26 AM
10/10 for the dive.

MFKS
05-02-2018, 12:59 PM
10/10 for the dive.

How much you pay for the unco Van Dyjk??

It was his failed clearance that put him under pressure and caused the second pen

Even Boogaard would have cleared that FFS

Jeterpool
05-02-2018, 01:46 PM
How much you pay for the unco Van Dyjk??

It was his failed clearance that put him under pressure and caused the second pen

Even Boogaard would have cleared that FFS

Personally didn't pay a cent ;)

boz-monaut
15-02-2018, 08:57 AM
they can still loose it from here

Bon
15-02-2018, 09:22 AM
they can still loose it from here

Surely our sh!thouse defense can't fvck it up from here? :gent:

boz-monaut
15-02-2018, 09:31 AM
Surely our sh!thouse defense can't fvck it up from here? :gent:

it's now 5

I reckon they could still have a good crack at shipping 6 at home

Bremsstrahlung
15-02-2018, 09:33 AM
Don’t even joke about it ��

boz-monaut
15-02-2018, 10:03 AM
I'm not, that's the thing

furns
10-03-2018, 04:07 PM
Any Hunter Reds keen to watch the game tonight against the Mancs, the Gallipoli Club in Hamilton has put their hand up to trial as a venue for this game. They have rebranded one of their tap beers to Anfield Lager, which will be available for $5 per schooner, $20 buckets of Coronas as well as a BBQ sausage sizzle.
Game is on SBS and the telecast starts at 11pm. Kickoff is 1130pm.
See you all there :thumbsup:

hawk
11-03-2018, 12:44 AM
welcome to the United whores thread

Bremsstrahlung
11-03-2018, 12:47 PM
Sorry to any Pool fans sick of hearing about this. But just thought I'd make note that Ashley Young managed to keep Mo Salahaha on a leash this morning. Surely Liverpool won't come up against any teams with better defenders than Ashley Young in the CL. :)

I think Salah just had an off game tbh.
Combined with Man U having a really solid defence.
The game could’ve gone anywhere imo. So many things that could’ve gone either way.
Man U didn’t do too much other than pounce on some defensive errors.
The first, Alexander Arnold was in all sorts and then comitted too much and allowed Rashford onto his right foot. Good finish though.
The second, there were so many deflections. The shot itself looks like Karius has it covered, and the deflection for TAA sends it out of reach.
Mata’s chance was interesting. Bloke had so much time. Should’ve ended the game there.

3 penalty claims that were all probably 50/50 in a sense that you’ve seen them given.
Handball claim - nah. His arm was dangling but the ball hit it. No pen. Seen it given though.
Salah could have gone down when he was being pulled. Chose to fight on. If he goes down I think it’s a pen. Which is a bit of a crap thing.
And then fellaini taking him out when he was running through.

Really don’t know what to make of it. I think we were pretty evenly matched. They didn’t need to do much and got the 3 points

boz-monaut
21-04-2018, 10:37 PM
Ings first goal in ages after 4 minutes at West Brom - he celebrates like and old man trying to run fast

boz-monaut
22-04-2018, 12:21 AM
why is it that every time I get to watch a game this sort of shit happens?

Retro Jet
22-04-2018, 01:27 AM
why is it that every time I get to watch a game this sort of shit happens?

Mo scored. That's all that matters. Diver Harry still has a few to catch up.
Looking forward to Egyptian WC games just to watch the bearded Pharaoh in action.

Jetmaster
22-04-2018, 12:59 PM
I swear when I went to bed last night just after Salah scored I said to the wife - "Liverpool are focussed on Tuesday, I wouldn't be surprised if this ends 2-2".

hawk
23-04-2018, 10:36 PM
salad playa of year. who will poach him

De-Champ
24-04-2018, 12:03 PM
salad playa of year. who will poach him

whoever poach him could have egg on their face

Jetmaster
24-04-2018, 09:50 PM
whoever poach him could have egg on their face

Will be a mad scramble for his services.

plague
24-04-2018, 10:04 PM
yolk never walk alone

Jeterpool
24-04-2018, 10:59 PM
This is a eggsellent eggsample why the internet cracks me up

Bremsstrahlung
26-04-2018, 09:35 AM
De Rossi having a bit of a whinge at Liverpool’s long ball tactics. But goes on to say that it was hard to defend because they are slow, and that it nullified their 5 in midfield who would have been able to intercept balls all day if we played through the middle.
Sounds like good tactics to me...

Also, how dangerous is football these days. Liverpool supporter winds up in a critical condition and Roma supporter on attempted murder charges. FMD.
And with all this Russian Ultras training videos and stuff and threatening to kill English fans, it’s a little unnerving.
I’m assuming that most of these situations are people asking for it, I mean John smith isn’t holding his sons hand while he reads the matchday program and then gets stabbed. But the fact you can go to a football match and not come home is a hefty price to pay.!

Jeterpool
07-05-2018, 02:14 PM
Coughing and sputtering to possible 4th spot at the moment. Big game on the weekend. The squad is thread bare at the moment.

Bremsstrahlung
07-05-2018, 03:33 PM
I’m pretty nervous about where we are gonna finish. I was nervous a few weeks ago when we started to play more games than our rivals. Needed to have this wrapped up a while ago imo.

I sincerely hope West brom can pull off their miracle. Almost the story of next weekend if not for the top 4 race.

StannyCFCJET
07-05-2018, 03:52 PM
Didnt even care we beat you guys. (Great header by Giroud though) Over football atm, Hopefully world cup gets me excited again

hawk
07-05-2018, 07:15 PM
Ah Madrid, the team who arent very good at CL. This will be ugly

Jeterpool
27-05-2018, 08:25 AM
Roma just upped their price for Alisson

Bremsstrahlung
31-05-2018, 08:17 AM
Fabinho in. Keita will join us.
Rumours are mignolet, Sturridge and origi to depart.

First choice keeper, and another forward or 2 should Be priority. Fekir said to be target. But he’s been a target for Arsenal and other clubs for years it feels like.

Jeterpool
31-05-2018, 09:31 AM
Fabinho in. Keita will join us.
Rumours are mignolet, Sturridge and origi to depart.

First choice keeper, and another forward or 2 should Be priority. Fekir said to be target. But he’s been a target for Arsenal and other clubs for years it feels like.

I think you're right. I expect Karius to stay but become second choice.

Two forwards is needed to strengthen the depth on the bench/squad

StannyCFCJET
31-05-2018, 10:14 AM
Are any big European clubs interested in Salah? If he has a big WC on top of his season form. Could be hard to keep.

Jeterpool
31-05-2018, 10:20 AM
Are any big European clubs interested in Salah? If he has a big WC on top of his season form. Could be hard to keep.

I get the sense he's settled in the team and he's the player the team is set up to get the best out of. I don't think he would move this off-season and the likelihood of carrying his nation is the world cup is reduced following the injury.

Other European clubs might be interested but I expect Liverpool will rebuiff their approaches. The club are quite attractive at the moment, having been in two European finals in 3 years and scoring lots and lots of goals. There's a need to build depth in the squad and trim some of the squad players that have let them down - Sturridge, Markovic (yeah he's still around), Bogdan (yeah him too), Mignolet. I don't anticipate any big outs other than Can.

Frodo
31-05-2018, 11:09 AM
I don't understand the Fekir rumours. Either he is a 65 million Euro bench warmer or one of Mane or Salah is going. He has just broken into the France team and needs to play every single week so I don't see him heading to Liverpool without someone important moving on. Maybe Salah to Real or Firmino to Bayern?

Arsenal or United would be more likely for him if he came to the EPL.

Also, as for the Allisson rumours. They want at least 90 million Euros now, Real Madrid have been sniffing around, he's had one great year and one good year as a first choice keeper in his career, if you buy him for that money you would be reaching peak Liverpool. He just isn't worth that sort of money yet.

Also, you already have a great keeper in Karius. You just have fans that think a little bit too highly of themselves and think they are better than Real Madrid. Karius didn't lose the UCL final, he helped get you there and then you lost to a better team.

Jeterpool
31-05-2018, 11:23 AM
I don't understand the Fekir rumours. Either he is a 65 million Euro bench warmer or one of Mane or Salah is going. He has just broken into the France team and needs to play every single week so I don't see him heading to Liverpool without someone important moving on. Maybe Salah to Real or Firmino to Bayern?

Fekir would likely come in and play midfield as one of the two CAM, fulfilling the creative role Coutinho has left, but offering the versatility of being able to play wide for which Liverpool have ero coverage.

Also, as for the Allisson rumours. They want at least 90 million Euros now, Real Madrid have been sniffing around, he's had one great year and one good year as a first choice keeper in his career, if you buy him for that money you would be reaching peak Liverpool. He just isn't worth that sort of money yet.

Also, you already have a great keeper in Karius. You just have fans that think a little bit too highly of themselves and think they are better than Real Madrid. Karius didn't lose the UCL final, he helped get you there and then you lost to a better team.

I think Alisson is a legit rumour, but could be a bluff for another keeper. I've got no idea. You're right that Karius helped the team get to the final - 100%. But after such a calamitous performance it will be a long, difficult, road back for confidence to be regained between him and the crowd - possibly even his team mates

Frodo
31-05-2018, 01:08 PM
Fekir would likely come in and play midfield as one of the two CAM, fulfilling the creative role Coutinho has left, but offering the versatility of being able to play wide for which Liverpool have ero coverage.

From the very little that i've watched he seems to be more of an attacker than a midfielder. So you've got Fabinho, Henderson, Keita as 3 starting midfielders. I don't think Fekir starts over these 3 in a gen press game plan. Oxlade, Lallana, Milner, Wijnaldum as back ups. He isn't starting over Mane, Salah or Firmino in the front 3 either. You don't have any depth behind those 3 but it's a lot of money on a back up if he does come.

Not saying he won't or wouldn't do well. I just think that his signing could be linked with another player moving on from that front 3 of Liverpool.

I think Alisson is a legit rumour, but could be a bluff for another keeper. I've got no idea. You're right that Karius helped the team get to the final - 100%. But after such a calamitous performance it will be a long, difficult, road back for confidence to be regained between him and the crowd - possibly even his team mates

Meh, keepers make errors. Neuer makes errors, Buffon is slower than an average flat earther, Donnarumma is calamatious at least once a month. The only keepers who don't make mistakes are the ones who don't face shots against them. I'd take him at Arsenal if you do decide to offload him.

That last point is very true. The fact that no liverpool player went over and picked him up was sh*te. Not a good sign as a mentality thing. You pick him up, get him into the change room and then deal with your crying. Like a real man.

Jeterpool
31-05-2018, 02:31 PM
From the very little that i've watched he seems to be more of an attacker than a midfielder. So you've got Fabinho, Henderson, Keita as 3 starting midfielders. I don't think Fekir starts over these 3 in a gen press game plan. Oxlade, Lallana, Milner, Wijnaldum as back ups. He isn't starting over Mane, Salah or Firmino in the front 3 either. You don't have any depth behind those 3 but it's a lot of money on a back up if he does come.

Not saying he won't or wouldn't do well. I just think that his signing could be linked with another player moving on from that front 3 of Liverpool.

The very little you've watched is more than waht I've watched so I'll defer to you on that one. The Anfield Wrap podcast seem to think he is coming in for versatility as well as ability. You're right - it's a lot of money, but when you don't really need to strengthen your starting line up, instead add depth, perhaps it is warranted?

If he does come in, he'd know the role he'd be playing.

Meh, keepers make errors. Neuer makes errors, Buffon is slower than an average flat earther, Donnarumma is calamatious at least once a month. The only keepers who don't make mistakes are the ones who don't face shots against them. I'd take him at Arsenal if you do decide to offload him.

That last point is very true. The fact that no liverpool player went over and picked him up was sh*te. Not a good sign as a mentality thing. You pick him up, get him into the change room and then deal with your crying. Like a real man.

I wasn't impressed that it took a while before someone went over to him. Those left on the pitch I can understand would likely deal with their own disappointment first. Danny Ward was the first LIVERPOOL player there after a few Madrid players went to see him.

I find it interesting that you would want him for Arsenal - moreso from the mistake doesn't bother you. He's never really convinced, for me, during his time there and that it took so long to displace Mignolet (in what was amongst fans a bit unwarranted at the time) says a lot. Neither he nor Migs have really stepped up and made the postion THEIRS.

Bremsstrahlung
31-05-2018, 03:36 PM
At times this season we have looked short up front.
Haven’t seen too much of Fekir play tbh. But if he’s as good as they say, I’d have no problem paying whatever he wants and interchanging the front 3 a bit more.

StannyCFCJET
31-05-2018, 03:39 PM
I'd take him at Arsenal if you do decide to offload him.

Of course you would Arsenal fans dont know what a good GK looks like these days

plague
31-05-2018, 04:00 PM
Anyone who thinks Milner, Henderson and Ox are the future are tripping.

Last Sunday showed the lack of options outside of 'run fast on the break'.

No one on that team could put their foot on the ball and buy some time, let alone create anything in the front 3rd.

I've no idea who any of these new dudes are but if they are more like Coutinho than Milner then you've got a chance.

Keeper should shave his head to show hes ready to bounce back.

Bale showed unless you do something spectacular, a man bun is gonna make you look stupid
EVERY.
SINGLE.
TIME.

Frodo
31-05-2018, 04:01 PM
Of course you would Arsenal fans dont know what a good GK looks like these days

Chelsea conceded as many as Liverpool this year so he must be as good as Courtois?

Frodo
31-05-2018, 04:03 PM
Bale showed unless you do something spectacular, a man bun is gonna make you look stupid
EVERY.
SINGLE.
TIME.

Something I think everyone can agree on.

Although I think he still probably looked stupid, I just didn't notice it whilst he floated through the air and turned that terrible cross into something beautiful.

MFKS
31-05-2018, 10:52 PM
The very little you've watched is more than waht I've watched so I'll defer to you on that one. The Anfield Wrap podcast seem to think he is coming in for versatility as well as ability. You're right - it's a lot of money, but when you don't really need to strengthen your starting line up, instead add depth, perhaps it is warranted?

If he does come in, he'd know the role he'd be playing.

I wasn't impressed that it took a while before someone went over to him. Those left on the pitch I can understand would likely deal with their own disappointment first. Danny Ward was the first LIVERPOOL player there after a few Madrid players went to see him.

I find it interesting that you would want him for Arsenal - moreso from the mistake doesn't bother you. He's never really convinced, for me, during his time there and that it took so long to displace Mignolet (in what was amongst fans a bit unwarranted at the time) says a lot. Neither he nor Migs have really stepped up and made the postion THEIRS.

Was a rather bad look from all the players and in particular his manager and coaching staff

Club motto is You Will Never Walk Alone

Well this bloke wasnt even on the bus back to the hotel with them.

He was told to walk home

Jeterpool
08-06-2018, 08:58 AM
Melissa Reddy is saying the Fekir deal is looking to be finalised before the weekend - something that is now being reported by the BBC as well. Reddy is usually on the money.

He will be an interesting purchase as we all discussed earlier.

Also being suggested is triggering the Shaquiri release clause. I've always liked Shaquiri and would be happy if this were to happen.

Bremsstrahlung
08-06-2018, 11:20 AM
Really liked Shaqiri after last World Cup, looked great. Just hasn’t really flourished in an average team.
Don’t know if I’d be too pleased to have him 4 years older. Haven’t seen too much of him though tbh.

boz-monaut
09-06-2018, 01:31 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/08/kenny-dalglish-is-knighted-in-queens-birthday-honours-list

Sir Kenny Dalglish

Frodo
11-06-2018, 08:43 AM
Fekir Off.

Don't know why as there are differing reports, but could have something to do with his past knee injury and could have something to do with Reds being a bit too pushy in their negotiations with Aulas. Will have to wait until after the World cup to get him according to reports.

Bremsstrahlung
13-06-2018, 11:30 PM
FMD. If you want something to burn your eyes out so you don’t have to see Arzani play in gold over dimi, check out our new away strip.

plague
14-06-2018, 12:13 AM
FMD. If you want something to burn your eyes out so you don’t have to see Arzani play in gold over dimi, check out our new away strip.

The purple one?
Geez louise.

Bremsstrahlung
03-07-2018, 03:09 PM
Fabinho in. Presumably as DM coverage for Can.
Salah signed a long term contract. So he’s off to Madrid in the summer.
Keeper rumours still getting around. Bogdan loaned out again. In for Schmeichal apparently.
Keita joined us.

Still need/want another top class striker.

Jeterpool
03-07-2018, 03:13 PM
Fabinho in. Presumably as DM coverage for Can.
Salah signed a long term contract. So he’s off to Madrid in the summer.
Keeper rumours still getting around. Bogdan loaned out again. In for Schmeichal apparently.
Keita joined us.

Still need/want another top class striker.

Bogdan again....FFS

Jeterpool
20-07-2018, 08:26 AM
I'm impressed with the business Liverpool are doing.

Fabinho, Alisson, Shaqiri added to Keita which was complete last year. It's pretty good.

Bremsstrahlung
20-07-2018, 09:13 AM
Seem like they are on a mission.

Bad news that Ox is out for the season.

But I agree. We are doing well to keep building imo.
Can loss is covered by Fabinho and Keita. And it’ll be interesting to see wht we can do with our midfield this season.

Shaqiri will offer good depth on bench. And to play on our wings if needed.

Who is gonna leave out of Mignolet or karius? That’ll be just as interesting imo. Has to be Mignolet yeh?

Also, cover for CB looks interesting as Lovren will miss the start of season. As will Henderson, Alexander Arnold.

Still think we need another good quality striker.
I’d love the option to play 2 up front. Or somebody equally as good as Firmino (who I still think is a bit of a false 9) to replace him and share the role a little.

Jeterpool
20-07-2018, 10:04 AM
I agree that Mignolet will be the player to leave. Ward too.

Do you think Sturridge could be the additional striker? He's always injured so can't be relied upon. The reason I say him is because Klopp hinted towards our business being done - which is interesting for Fekir as well.

MFKS
20-07-2018, 10:52 AM
But are ypu going to breach the gap to the top??

I think Man U are going to be a bit closer

Chelsea should do much better

Spuds will be about the place

Arsenal should improve without Wenger

City should be at the top end too

I think it going to be hard to pick

Could end up with anyone of 5 teams winning it this season without some Lester miracle happening

plague
20-07-2018, 11:18 AM
But are ypu going to breach the gap to the top??

I think Man U are going to be a bit closer

Chelsea should do much better

Spuds will be about the place

Arsenal should improve without Wenger

City should be at the top end too

I think it going to be hard to pick

Could end up with anyone of 5 teams winning it this season without some Lester miracle happening

Arsenal are over $3 to make the top 4.
think its the easiest best of the season.

Spurs are gonna slide, as will Liverpool (i think soz lads).
Just depends on if Chelsea get back close enough to fight for 4th with Liverpool.

It just looks like Klopps one trick (which is an awesome trick) has been well worked out, and teams are gonna just sit and suffocate them. Again they dont look like they've brought in anyone who can provide a plan b.
Coutinho used to be plan B. are any of these new doodz anywhere near what he provided?

if not id sense too many draws and dropped points.

Would bet Citeh, United, Arsenal, Chelsea/Liverpool top 4.

Bremsstrahlung
20-07-2018, 11:25 AM
I think Allison is a massive improvement. I hope.

I think our midfield is improved.
Defensively we should be better with VVD. But Lovren missing for the start will be interesting.

Sturridge if he recaptures his form of 3 years ago would be great. Don’t think he can offer much more than a bench role tbh.
Would rather we go and sign a decent striker.
Even though we have Salah, Mane and now Shaqiri, I think we are still another first team striker. These guys are much better out wide. Unless we are playing 2 up front and a more conventional 4/5 midfield.

plague
20-07-2018, 12:22 PM
I think Allison is a massive improvement. I hope.

yeah actually this is a very good point and def gonna gain you a few points this year.

i dont know these new midfield dudes, but are any of them creative? look, i know Henderson isnt terrible but he is who he is. he is the new Gerrard, and the club is in a scary position where again he'll be looked upon as the saviour and due to him not being that type of player he will never get it done.

they need more of a #10 than another Henderson.

i think the defense is criminally criticised. they arent that bad, nor have they ever really (except when Carragher was the 'rock' bhahahahahaah).
honestly think they are one player short, and desperately wish theyd never sold Coutinho. but these things happen, and i hope they do well.

Bremsstrahlung
20-07-2018, 12:34 PM
On the Midfield - I think Keita from what I’ve seen (very limited) he seems to have a killer ball ability. Doesn’t quite have the flair or trickery of Coutinho.

I agree, we need a CAM who can do it all. I was very excited at the Asensio rumours. If we got him, I reckon we’d be in a pretty wonderful spot right now.

plague
20-07-2018, 01:49 PM
I was very excited at the Asensio rumours.

Wait? Was that a thing?

Gosh what a player that kid is. My lord yeah if you got him.

I guess hes gonna be the Ronaldo fill in at Madrid though yeah, so maybe he'll get his minutes and be happy to stay.

Because him being stuck on the bench was a crime against football.

Frodo
20-07-2018, 01:52 PM
Wait? Was that a thing?

Gosh what a player that kid is. My lord yeah if you got him.

I guess hes gonna be the Ronaldo fill in at Madrid though yeah, so maybe he'll get his minutes and be happy to stay.

Because him being stuck on the bench was a crime against football.

Asensio is going nowhere. Other than straight into the 1st team.

He is the future of that club. Vasquez has been told that he can leave if a big offer comes in but Asensio won't be going anywhere.

Bremsstrahlung
20-07-2018, 01:59 PM
Yehhh, I think we put in an offer before Ronaldo left.
I imagine any chance of that became zero when he left.

I think Chelsea were in for him as well.

goaliepersempre
20-07-2018, 04:38 PM
wouldnt be putting to much on shaqiri... despite swiss player... he dissapears very regularly.. moment of brilliance and then mediocre... look at WC performance against Serbia (obviously) pumped up and played well, next 2 games utter rubbish....

is Vida going to Liverpool now?

Bremsstrahlung
20-07-2018, 04:53 PM
I think his golden days have passed.
I think his time to shine was post 2014.
Went to stoke and didn’t do much.
Few moments of brilliance but yeh.
Will be interesting to see how he goes with better quality around him where he isn’t forced to create all the time.

Vida was rumoured. He’s Right back isn’t he? Not sure we need another right back.

goaliepersempre
20-07-2018, 05:11 PM
Vida center back-right back... partnership with lovren could work...

Yeah he is one that came very young and in my oppionion moved to quickly to Bayern... He still is only 26 so typically still coming to his best years... IF he matures and becomes mentally strong he can be an asset.. but they are big ifs.... he does have some personality flaws.... A good manager maybe in klopp can help him find that....

Bremsstrahlung
24-07-2018, 07:22 AM
Looks like it’ll be Karius who leaves.
Seems pretty vocal about his disappointment of Liverpool signing Alisson, a few poor games to start pre season, putting lots of people offside with his modeling antics.

Frodo
24-07-2018, 11:45 AM
Looks like it’ll be Karius who leaves.
Seems pretty vocal about his disappointment of Liverpool signing Alisson, a few poor games to start pre season, putting lots of people offside with his modeling antics.

The new guy is also a part time model so don't expect much change with that side of it.

The only way Liverpool can save face on this one is to sell him off quickly to another league and try to act like it never happened. They haven't exactly done much to help him since the incident on the UCL final so I understand why he has been acting out. He has plenty of years ahead of him but I don't think he wants to spend many more in Merseyside.

Did anyone enjoy watching Klopp eat humble pie in regards to his comments about Pogba 2 years ago? He took it pretty well but was still enjoyable.

Jeterpool
24-07-2018, 04:19 PM
I think Karius will be loaned out, not sold. His value is at it's lowest. He cost very little so perhaps that a positive to break even.

Interesting Danny Ward has left and there's no rumours around Mignolet so far. Maybe Simon will be 2nd choice next season after all?

Bremsstrahlung
29-07-2018, 11:41 AM
Sounding like Sturridge is in good form. Everyone’s been raving about him.

Shaqiri’s goal but :o.

plague
13-08-2018, 12:26 AM
If Liverpool want to raise some serious money they should charge people $29.99 to watch the live televised meeting where Klopp tells Henderson hes only playing league cup games this year.

Would be hilarious.

plague
13-08-2018, 11:21 AM
Errrr,this team looked really impressive last night.

Surely not.

boz-monaut
13-08-2018, 11:25 AM
top of the league

plague
13-08-2018, 11:50 AM
top of the league

Is it just me or do Liverpool usually start slow in the Prem?

Seem to remember plenty of years when they were a dozen behind the leaders around Christmas then have a good feb-may run them bemoan what 'could have been'.

Also, yes one game but signing Keita was a spanking bit of business indeed.
Wonder if Jeterpool has sobered up yet?

Jeterpool
13-08-2018, 05:28 PM
Wonder if Jeterpool has sobered up yet?

Nope

MFKS
19-08-2018, 10:16 AM
If Liverpool want to raise some serious money they should charge people $29.99 to watch the live televised meeting where Klopp tells Henderson hes only playing league cup games this year.

Would be hilarious.

Set up a PPV title fight between Klopp and Ramos more like it

Bremsstrahlung
21-08-2018, 06:35 AM
Wouldn’t mind seeing Clyne get another run soon.
TAA gets forward (as the commentator is constantly babbling on about) but lacks that final ball. Last week and again tonight, so many promising and patient attacks come undone with a poor cross.
Described as “Russia rust”, hopefully he can get back some consistency.

About 25 mins in, there’s a turn from Keita outside defensive 18, 3 touches and plays Salah who has a first touch that’s almost too good. And chipped over keeper. Example of how quick we can counter.
Palace are playing well. Defending compact and playing counter with zaha.

Jeterpool
21-08-2018, 09:25 AM
Wouldn’t mind seeing Clyne get another run soon.
TAA gets forward (as the commentator is constantly babbling on about) but lacks that final ball. Last week and again tonight, so many promising and patient attacks come undone with a poor cross.
Described as “Russia rust”, hopefully he can get back some consistency.

About 25 mins in, there’s a turn from Keita outside defensive 18, 3 touches and plays Salah who has a first touch that’s almost too good. And chipped over keeper. Example of how quick we can counter.
Palace are playing well. Defending compact and playing counter with zaha.

That turn was gorgeous.

plague
21-08-2018, 02:47 PM
Liverpool gonna win the title and hold the trophy up wearing that horrid grey kit.

MFKS
21-08-2018, 04:56 PM
Liverpool gonna win the title and hold the trophy up wearing that horrid grey kit.

No they are not

Stop spouting such dribble

You know Liverpool are like Man U and good at blowing games v Shit teams

They also good for some grade A Howlers

I calling it now Man City back to back

Bremsstrahlung
26-08-2018, 12:47 PM
Another good win.
If we can keep battling out wins against these teams that are set up to sit back and stifle us, we will set ourselves up well.
In the past, this is what costs us. The intertop 6 games are all a bit of a ballot. It’s how you deal with the other 28 games.

cobra23
26-08-2018, 09:29 PM
Another good win.
If we can keep battling out wins against these teams that are set up to sit back and stifle us, we will set ourselves up well.
In the past, this is what costs us. The intertop 6 games are all a bit of a ballot. It’s how you deal with the other 28 games.

👍 agree...
Cmon you reds

Bremsstrahlung
30-08-2018, 08:23 AM
We need TAA to learn to cross.
Gets into good dangerous positions and either skies it out for a goal kick or doesn’t beat the first defenders ankles.

boz-monaut
30-08-2018, 10:48 AM
Liverpool in pot 3 for the Champions League draw, 2 a.m. tomorrow morning our time

coming runner up last season doesn't give enough UEFA coefficient points it would seem

Bremsstrahlung
19-09-2018, 06:56 AM
Playing well. Good intensity. Limited their chances thus far minus that botch up.

Good to see Sturridge hitting the net.

Don't know how I feel about their goal. Cavani offside when he plays at it. If our goal on the weekend was disallowed, that should've been. Cavani playing at it inhibits Van Dijk and Allison must adjust his position to the right to cover the shot from Cavani, and then is out of position to cover the shot. Good strike to finish it in the corner though.

Frodo
19-09-2018, 07:06 AM
Playing well. Good intensity. Limited their chances thus far minus that botch up.

Don't know how I feel about their goal. Cavani offside when he plays at it. If our goal on the weekend was disallowed, that should've been. Cavani playing at it inhibits Van Dijk and Allison must adjust his position to the right to cover the shot from Cavani, and then is out of position to cover the shot. Good strike to finish it in the corner though.

Good game as a neutral so far.

But, how good is it to know that if Liverpool do win a title this year it will be becuase of James Effing Milner. What a legend.

Bremsstrahlung
19-09-2018, 07:26 AM
Good game as a neutral so far.

But, how good is it to know that if Liverpool do win a title this year it will be becuase of James Effing Milner. What a legend.

Agreed. If he continues this form...
He had one off game. But he started the season with intent and hasn’t really stepped off the gas. Has kept Henderson out, which isn’t the most glowing recommendation after his WC, but he is club captain.

Frodo
19-09-2018, 07:44 AM
Salah should have been hooked 10 minutes ago. Been woeful for the last 20 mins and just cost you a goal.

Frodo
19-09-2018, 07:54 AM
Well now. Bobby getting you out of jail there. Draxler almost won it for PSG and then Neymar gave you one more chance and you took it. Good game.

boz-monaut
19-09-2018, 07:58 AM
well that was more than enough drama before breakfast wasn't it?

Bremsstrahlung
19-09-2018, 07:59 AM
Good game.
Happy with that.
3-2 win over the top seed. While Napoli settle with an away draw to 4th seed.
Will take that.

I think we deserved the points today.
50/50 on Salahs goal went against us.
50/50 with PSG first goal went against us.

Milner winning the ball back. What a machine he has been.

Bremsstrahlung
19-09-2018, 08:03 AM
Pretty keen to see us field a strong team vs Southampton and rest then V Chelsea cup game, and put out a strong team again in the league.

What a game it’ll Be if we are both 6/6. (Put your money on a Southampton win...)

Frodo
19-09-2018, 08:05 AM
Good game.
Happy with that.
3-2 win over the top seed. While Napoli settle with an away draw to 4th seed.
Will take that.

I think we deserved the points today.
50/50 on Salahs goal went against us.
50/50 with PSG first goal went against us.

Milner winning the ball back. What a machine he has been.
I think Salahs goal shouldn't have stood. Sturridge's studs came up and went into the keeper. No intent but a foul if it was on the half way line so definitely a foul in the box. But I can see the counter argument.

redwah
19-09-2018, 05:53 PM

You must be the only other person that saw cavani off side. Iv been listening to reviews and podcasts all day and not a single mention of it anywhere. Plus with all the soft free kicks he gave psg I thought TAA might have got one down in the corner in the lead up with cavani riding him like a $2 whore.

plague
19-09-2018, 05:54 PM
You must be the only other person that saw cavani off side. Iv been listening to reviews and podcasts all day and not a single mention of it anywhere. Plus with all the soft free kicks he gave psg I thought TAA might have got one down in the corner in the lead up with cavani riding him like a $2 whore.

i only saw the highlights but they pretty clearly showed he was in an offside position when the ball came in.

and it was early so i hadn't started drinking yet.

StannyCFCJET
19-09-2018, 06:00 PM
Firming is your most important player hands down also tempered to name him most underrated prem player

Bremsstrahlung
19-09-2018, 07:06 PM
I think we were clearly the better team today.
We deserved the 3 points.
All the 50/50s add up and we deserved that I think.

The Cavani thing annoyed me because it was pretty similar to what happened on the weekend.
The one on the weekend was a bit closer imo, firmino? Got a toe to it to divert it towards the goal, mane had stuck a leg out in anticipation but missed it on its way in. Could’ve been awarded for me.

Cavani, if he doesn’t touch it, makes a very decent play at the ball, and if not that, impedes Van Dijk. If he’s not offside in that position, Van Dijk clears it.

Premy
19-09-2018, 10:25 PM

Jeterpool
20-09-2018, 10:04 AM
I think Salahs goal shouldn't have stood. Sturridge's studs came up and went into the keeper. No intent but a foul if it was on the half way line so definitely a foul in the box. But I can see the counter argument.

I agree

Jeterpool
20-09-2018, 10:05 AM

Interesting positioning for the assistant referee on the far side. Well behind play

Retro Jet
21-09-2018, 02:51 PM

Interesting positioning for the assistant referee on the far side. Well behind play

Linesman in line with the...3rd & 2nd last defenders. :blush:...almost splitting them and last defender actually.
If he couldn't see and read Cavani's number from there, he needs hooking from the comp.

Looking fwd to 4/10. I don't have to be at work early Thursday's :thumbsup:

Jeterpool
21-09-2018, 03:31 PM
Looking fwd to 4/10. I don't have to be at work early Thursday's :thumbsup:

Niiiiiice. I drop the kids off that day too so we can watch it while they have breakfast

Frodo
23-09-2018, 07:43 AM
Not sure why the EPL let Liverpool play against there reserve side this week instead of a competitive fixture. Can't see too many of these guys making the move to the 1st team either.

boz-monaut
23-09-2018, 07:51 AM
best. start. ever.

(it really is Liverpool's best start to a season in its very long history)

but seriously - there's thirty two games to go and this is Liverpool after all

there's a lot that can and will go wrong

Bremsstrahlung
23-09-2018, 09:36 AM
Almost don’t like this. It’s like the fall is inevitable.

My coping mechanism is to bet on opponents.
Southampton were paying $17 to win.

City are firing at the moment too.
Big game next weekend.

plague
23-09-2018, 07:22 PM
Nah, they said the same when my beloved Lester got off to a hot start.

Granted, you blokes dont have the quality of Morgan, Vardy and Okazaki, but you should be able to see the rest of the season out with your rag tag bunch of misfits

Book the buses lads.

boz-monaut
27-09-2018, 07:55 AM
the B team lost to Chelsea's B team in the league cup and don't have to play in it anymore

quelle domage

StannyCFCJET
27-09-2018, 01:34 PM
Good luck dealing with Hazard on Sunday

Premy
27-09-2018, 01:57 PM

VVD will have him in his pocket.

Bremsstrahlung
27-09-2018, 02:11 PM

Can’t wait for Milner or Henderson to go through him.

plague
27-09-2018, 02:27 PM
Klopp OUT!!!!

StannyCFCJET
27-09-2018, 03:09 PM
Can’t wait for Milner or Henderson to go through him.

Henderson tried that and got a yellow quick smart. If he wants to get sent off go for it.

StannyCFCJET
27-09-2018, 03:09 PM
VVD will have him in his pocket.

Then you leave space for Giroud and Pedro if VVD drifts out wide to stop him

Bremsstrahlung
27-09-2018, 03:27 PM
Giroud can have all the space he needs. :thumbsup:

StannyCFCJET
27-09-2018, 03:33 PM
Giroud can have all the space he needs. :thumbsup:

Deal. Giroud harrick incoming

boz-monaut
27-09-2018, 03:38 PM
it is shaping up to be a cracking game this weekend though

Chelsea really will miss Hazard when a big club buys him

StannyCFCJET
27-09-2018, 03:40 PM
it is shaping up to be a cracking game this weekend though

Chelsea really will miss Hazard when a big club buys him

If they wanna spend 200mil+ Then they can try. May depend where Zidane ends up

Premy
27-09-2018, 04:16 PM
If they wanna spend 200mil+ Then they can try. May depend where Zidane ends up

Zizou will be going to either United or Inter.

StannyCFCJET
27-09-2018, 05:16 PM
Zizou will be going to either United or Inter.

Then Hazard probably stays

StannyCFCJET
30-09-2018, 12:38 PM
Great game this morning. If Salah was on Hazards level you may have won

MFKS
30-09-2018, 01:07 PM

If Hazard was as great as you try to portray him as you might have won Hey?

See that is what sets the likes of Messi CR7 Griff Bale and Iniesta apart from the pretenders like Salah and Hazard

They win these type of games for their teams

Bremsstrahlung
30-09-2018, 01:17 PM

Can add your mate Giroud to the list of let downs. Didn’t even know he was there til he was subbed off.

Hazard had a good first half against the 19 year old defender we tasked to mark him.
Went missing in the second half, surely such a superstar would have managed to find a winner.

Willian and kovacic your standouts.

Salah needs a goal or two to get his mojo back. Could’ve had a hat trick if he was in last seasons form.

StannyCFCJET
30-09-2018, 01:23 PM
Can add your mate Giroud to the list of let downs. Didn’t even know he was there til he was subbed off.

Hazard had a good first half against the 19 year old defender we tasked to mark him.
Went missing in the second half, surely such a superstar would have managed to find a winner.

Willian and kovacic your standouts.

Salah needs a goal or two to get his mojo back. Could’ve had a hat trick if he was in last seasons form.

Went missing?? dont know what game you were watching. Still a constant threat second half and would've scored again but Allison is a good keeper. Willian was ok but he doesn't have end product.

StannyCFCJET
30-09-2018, 01:24 PM
If Hazard was as great as you try to portray him as you might have won Hey?

See that is what sets the likes of Messi CR7 Griff Bale and Iniesta apart from the pretenders like Salah and Hazard

They win these type of games for their teams

Hazard has won plenty of these games for us but even great players cant do everything. Your logic as always is very bias and hypocritical

StannyCFCJET
30-09-2018, 01:25 PM
Went missing?? dont know what game you were watching. Still a constant threat second half and would've scored again but Allison is a good keeper. Willian was ok but he doesn't have end product.

Also same can be said of Firmino as well as Giroud

MFKS
30-09-2018, 01:54 PM
Hazard has won plenty of these games for us but even great players cant do everything. Your logic as always is very bias and hypocritical

The fact that you are trying to justify Hazard being a great player shows your bias

He is a good player but he isnt a great player

The world doesnt need to debate the merits of whether CR7 or Messi or Iniesta etc are great players. Regardless of what team you support people just universally nod approval

When you are trying to convince me that Hazard is a great player I can see you are talking out of your arse with your Chelsea bias coming through as he aint in that category

Good

But not great

Premy
30-09-2018, 02:01 PM
Salah is lacking in confidence, his doing all the hardwork getting himself into dangerous positions and creating chances. Just lacking when it comes to finishing, needs a few goals to gain his confidence.

Could have been 2-0 in the first 15 minutes if Salah had of took his half chances. Chelsea weren't in the game until the Hazard goal, TAA was caught out of position and Hazard made us pay for giving him so much space.
Geez there were some sitters missed in the game, what the hell was Salah doing trying to round the keeper just bury it or take the contact from behind and get a penalty. The World class Hazard with his one on one Stanny can say it's a great save but a World class player wouldn't have given Allison a chance.

plague
30-09-2018, 02:35 PM

Pffft, Hazard scoring the worst goal in the game against a plucky little team that's never won an EPL title

Come back when he scores against Lester or one of the big teams.

Premy
30-09-2018, 03:01 PM
I could be blinded by bias but I feel that we are yet to play our best football. Against West Ham we looked to be doing it easy, aside from that we have only won games from individual moments from the likes of Mane, Salah, Sturridge and Firmino.
Against Tottenham we were lucky and Tottenham looked like the better side for large parts of the game, we haven't really dominated a side for the full 90 minutes. The best performance was against PSG and even then we feel asleep for 10 minutes and almost threw it away if it wasn't for Firmino.
Playing poorly and still getting results has to be a good thing right?

Bremsstrahlung
30-09-2018, 04:06 PM
Went missing, kept missing, whichever you prefer.
Played a good first half. Him and willian using their pace. Second half he was nothing special. No more of a threat than your pal giroud.

StannyCFCJET
30-09-2018, 04:08 PM
Went missing, kept missing, whichever you prefer.
Played a good first half. Him and willian using their pace. Second half he was nothing special. No more of a threat than your pal giroud.

He was more special all game then your whole front 3 combined. Imagine needing Sturridge to save a point

Premy
30-09-2018, 04:16 PM
He was more special all game then your whole front 3 combined. Imagine needing Sturridge to save a point

Imagine having the quality and calibre in your first XI to have a fully fit Sturridge and Shaqiri on the bench. Travel away to Stanford Bridge play poorly for large parts of the game and come away with a point, I'll take that.

Bremsstrahlung
30-09-2018, 04:26 PM

Haha.
Imagine conceding to a Sturridge shot from 25 yards. Embarrassing.

Think Salah, by your logic, was just as threatening. Just failed to convert his chances.

StannyCFCJET
30-09-2018, 05:28 PM
Haha.
Imagine conceding to a Sturridge shot from 25 yards. Embarrassing.

Think Salah, by your logic, was just as threatening. Just failed to convert his chances.

Nah aside from the open goal Alonso and Luiz kept him honest all game. Your best attacker was Gini

Frodo
01-10-2018, 07:21 AM
All these Liverpool and Chelsea fans (all one of them) out here thinking they have a chance of winning the league this year.... Next you'll be telling me the Jets can win the League again!!
Love you all.

Premy
01-10-2018, 07:40 AM
All these Liverpool and Chelsea fans (all one of them) out here thinking they have a chance of winning the league this year.... Next you'll be telling me the Jets can win the League again!!
Love you all.

I'm just waiting for the banana skin.
It must be comfortable having your side reach their full potential this early in the season and claiming their rightful spot on the table.

Frodo
01-10-2018, 08:38 AM
I'm just waiting for the banana skin.
It must be comfortable having your side reach their full potential this early in the season and claiming their rightful spot on the table.

Get with the times Premy. 5th is the new 4th!!!

Bon
02-10-2018, 09:11 AM
Get with the times Premy. 5th is the new 4th!!!

:lulzturtle:
Fvck me Frodo, you are on fire.. haha

Jeterpool
04-10-2018, 09:02 AM
Disappointing morning but I can easily say Liverpool didn't deserve the result. Napoli were better through the most. In rainy conditions, the pitch seemed to tear up a fair bit and Liverpool couldn't get their passing game working. Napoli pressed well and defended as a cohesive unit. Allan and Koulibaly were standouts for me. Liverpoo, looked tired through out - an effect of the Chelsea game and/or conserving energy for the game against City on the weekend? Unsure...

redwah
04-10-2018, 06:54 PM
Disappointing morning but I can easily say Liverpool didn't deserve the result. Napoli were better through the most. In rainy conditions, the pitch seemed to tear up a fair bit and Liverpool couldn't get their passing game working. Napoli pressed well and defended as a cohesive unit. Allan and Koulibaly were standouts for me. Liverpoo, looked tired through out - an effect of the Chelsea game and/or conserving energy for the game against City on the weekend? Unsure...

Agree the pitch didn’t look great and the reds definitely looked tired but it’s pretty hard to get a passing game going when you pass it to the opposition nearly every time. TAA was dreadful and got no cover from Salah. VVD was ok in patches but left a few passes well short. Think the reds performance was summed up by the robbos clearance after Napoli hit the bar.....cleared it straight to the man on the top of the “d”. Was probably one of the worst and most frustrating performances I have watched from Liverpool in quite a while......even from some of the rubbish teams we have had in the past...at least they were rubbish...these guys could be great.

MFKS
04-10-2018, 08:02 PM
#WheelsHaveFallenOffTheBandwagonInTwoWeeks

StannyCFCJET
04-10-2018, 08:10 PM
#WheelsHaveFallenOffTheBandwagonInTwoWeeks

Wheels were never on

Jeterpool
05-10-2018, 08:51 AM
Teams have off days. In the run of 4 games between Chelsea in the Cup, Napoli and League and City in the League, I see the Cup games in that run as the lower in terms of priority, given especially the result against PSG.

See what happens this weekend.

redwah
05-10-2018, 02:54 PM
Wheels were never on

Its not a new russian model, its a vintage.....

StannyCFCJET
05-10-2018, 04:22 PM
Its not a new russian model, its a vintage.....

Which stopped being made in the 80s

Jeterpool
05-10-2018, 04:33 PM
Which stopped being made in the 80s

Still lasting longer than the modern day plastic models. :gent: :grin:

StannyCFCJET
05-10-2018, 04:36 PM
Still lasting longer than the modern day plastic models. :gent: :grin:

When did we start talking about United

MFKS
05-10-2018, 06:12 PM
When did we start talking about United

Man U aint plastic though

They were always a popular team when they went 26 years without a title before Ferguson gave them success

Chelsea and Man City on the other hand are as plastic as they come

boz-monaut
05-10-2018, 06:58 PM
interesting to see who has replies in this thread - you know, to see who the most obsessed Liverpool fans are:

Who Posted?
Posts 295
Bremsstrahlung
Posts 263
Jeterpool
Posts 258
plague
Posts 254
hawk
Posts 110
Premy
Posts 101
MFKS
Posts 98
parksey
Posts 95
furns
Posts 87
StannyCFCJET
Posts 71
boz-monaut
Posts 67
pv4
Posts 49
Jetmaster
Posts 40
sh10
Posts 30
redwah
Posts 27
pistolpete
Posts 27
De-Champ
Posts 26
cobra23
Posts 26
GazFish35
Posts 22
Frodo
Posts 22
Bon
Posts 18
goaliepersempre
Posts 17
snake
Posts 13
BodyNovo
Posts 12
la bazzle
Posts 12
Grimario
Posts 12
q-money
Posts 10
NUGUNS
Posts 10
russjaybee
Posts 8
Macca
Posts 8
RedMexican
Posts 8
WolfMan
Posts 7
seldom
Posts 6
Zico
Posts 6
ToddG NBUnited
Posts 6
Buddha
Posts 6
lquiquer
Posts 5
JCBT
Posts 5
Retro Jet
Posts 5
Imyourhero
Posts 4
militiamon
Posts 3
Skirt Boy
Posts 3
Schultz
Posts 3
joel31
Posts 3
belchardo
Posts 2
steve136
Posts 2
Beeen
Posts 2
Sam
Posts 2
Mitchy
Posts 2
Roundball Enthusiast
Posts 2
Thomas477
Posts 2
Hamma12
Posts 2
Bluebeard
Posts 2
PC14
Posts 1
Captain Obvious
Posts 1
Marcus
Posts 1
Blackmac79
Posts 1
au revoir
Posts 1
beej
Posts 1
scouser
Posts 1
sammydog
Posts 1
skippy
Posts 1
weston
Posts 1
terry
Posts 1
Wilso8948
Posts 1
baldrick
Posts 1
leftrightout
Posts 1
le_cocks
Posts 1
pessimist

Bremsstrahlung
05-10-2018, 07:24 PM
I don’t know if this is a good thing or not

plague
05-10-2018, 08:12 PM
Just

plague
05-10-2018, 08:12 PM
getting

plague
05-10-2018, 08:13 PM
my

plague
05-10-2018, 08:13 PM
plague
05-10-2018, 08:14 PM
count

plague
05-10-2018, 08:14 PM
above

plague
05-10-2018, 08:15 PM
Jeterpool

pv4
05-10-2018, 08:23 PM
Porksey being so high is no surprise

Jeterpool
05-10-2018, 08:31 PM
my

count

above

Jeterpool

Now see THAT is funny

plague
05-10-2018, 09:07 PM
Now see THAT is funny

Whilst I agree with you wholeheartedly dont think for one second I dont know what you're up to.

plague
05-10-2018, 09:37 PM
all sillybuggers aside, with keita going off injured the other day (is he playing on the weekend?) does anyone truly believe Liverpool is going to win this game?
thought they have been fairly ordinary this year, beating up on weak teams (and dont count Spurs they were trash). The Chelsea game was a good performance but i still think they struggle in the final 3rd.

the games they used to smash Citeh against a few years ago always seemed to be Coutinho terrorising them and Kompany being the weak link.
i just think Citeh have too much quality, especially as Salah is struggling.

StannyCFCJET
05-10-2018, 09:47 PM
all sillybuggers aside, with keita going off injured the other day (is he playing on the weekend?) does anyone truly believe Liverpool is going to win this game?
thought they have been fairly ordinary this year, beating up on weak teams (and dont count Spurs they were trash). The Chelsea game was a good performance but i still think they struggle in the final 3rd.

the games they used to smash Citeh against a few years ago always seemed to be Coutinho terrorising them and Kompany being the weak link.
i just think Citeh have too much quality, especially as Salah is struggling.

Thing is this is Liverpool 4th year under Klopp and they cant really get much better. City have a few more gears and Chelsea under Sarri found a way to expose them when were probably only 60% ourselves

plague
05-10-2018, 09:55 PM
Thing is this is Liverpool 4th year under Klopp and they cant really get much better. City have a few more gears and Chelsea under Sarri found a way to expose them when were probably only 60% ourselves

Yeah that's the thing, the Chelsea goal was beautiful but it looked easy to cut through them.

Aside from Hazard, everyone in the city front half is better than their Chelsea counterparts.

If Liverpool get a draw I reakon they'd be real happy sitting 3rd but having played the rest of the top 4. They then just have to whoop the crappy teams and hope the other contenders take points off each other to be a big shout of winning it.

StannyCFCJET
05-10-2018, 10:08 PM
Yeah that's the thing, the Chelsea goal was beautiful but it looked easy to cut through them.

Aside from Hazard, everyone in the city front half is better than their Chelsea counterparts.

If Liverpool get a draw I reakon they'd be real happy sitting 3rd but having played the rest of the top 4. They then just have to whoop the crappy teams and hope the other contenders take points off each other to be a big shout of winning it.

We knew TAA can get drawn out of position and exploited it because as expected he followed infield and no one covered his position, We did the same V Arsenal with Bellerin

Premy
05-10-2018, 10:43 PM
I love how Stanny comes to this thread to talk about Chelsea.

Truth is we are in a form slump and are equal first, this weekends game couldn't come at a better time in my opinion. No better motivation for the lads and we'll have an idea after this weekend if we are contenders or pretenders.

MFKS
05-10-2018, 11:13 PM
I love how Stanny comes to this thread to talk about Chelsea.

Truth is we are in a form slump and are equal first, this weekends game couldn't come at a better time in my opinion. No better motivation for the lads and we'll have an idea after this weekend if we are contenders or pretenders.

That also why numbers of posts in this thread are high

It the best place to come and give Stanny a hard time about Chelsea

Bremsstrahlung
06-10-2018, 01:24 AM
We knew TAA can get drawn out of position and exploited it because as expected he followed infield and no one covered his position, We did the same V Arsenal with Bellerin

Yehh. Liverpool knew Kante would stand a few cms to the side when Sturridge has the ball. And Kepa is always a few steps off his line, and we’d calculated the wind on the evening and factored in muscle fatigue in Kepa’s legs and knew his jump would be decreased. Was easy really.

StannyCFCJET
06-10-2018, 01:48 AM
Yehh. Liverpool knew Kante would stand a few cms to the side when Sturridge has the ball. And Kepa is always a few steps off his line, and we’d calculated the wind on the evening and factored in muscle fatigue in Kepa’s legs and knew his jump would be decreased. Was easy really.

Your sarcasm doesnt hide the truth. Expect City to do the same

Frodo
06-10-2018, 07:45 AM
Milner was just saving energy for his hat trick against Citeh...

In all seriousness though, Liverpool are in the slightest of form slumps. Sitting equal 1st in the league and still looking likely to go through a very tough UCL group.
They play a very high intensity game and need everyone to be at 90-100% for 90 minutes to achieve the high press and instant counter attack style they play. High risk X high pay off football is very draining.

I expect them to be in each other's ears all week as if this is a cup final and be up for it. If Citeh don't come at them with equal desire then I can see Liverpool winning. Salah will probably hit form this week.

Bremsstrahlung
06-10-2018, 07:51 AM
Your sarcasm doesnt hide the truth. Expect City to do the same

What? Why can Chelsea devise a specific plan for the 15 seconds of Play in a 90 minute game, but Liverpool can’t?

Bremsstrahlung
06-10-2018, 07:56 AM
Let’s be honest, City are the best team and squad in the competition by far.
Liverpool vs City the last few times has been very entertaining and it should be a good game with 2 attacking minded teams.

We are in a bit of a slump atm. Firmino, Salah and Mane are yet to fire and perform to their ability. When they are on, they are devastating and I’d argue they are as dangerous as the worlds best, Hazard, Giroud and Willian....

Frodo
06-10-2018, 08:25 AM
Let’s be honest, City are the best team and squad in the competition by far.
Liverpool vs City the last few times has been very entertaining and it should be a good game with 2 attacking minded teams.

We are in a bit of a slump atm. Firmino, Salah and Mane are yet to fire and perform to their ability. When they are on, they are devastating and I’d argue they are as dangerous as the worlds best, Hazard, Giroud and Willian....

Love it.

StannyCFCJET
06-10-2018, 12:59 PM
Willian is overrated and Giroud doesn't know how to score. In well aware of our problems

MFKS
06-10-2018, 01:48 PM
Willian is overrated and Giroud doesn't know how to score. In well aware of our problems

So is Haxard

You forgot that part

Frodo
06-10-2018, 06:10 PM
So is Haxard

You forgot that part

Walked into that one Stanny.

Also Giroud is your best player. Deal with it.

MFKS
06-10-2018, 06:21 PM
Walked into that one Stanny.

Also Giroud is your best player. Deal with it.

No Kante is

The only bloke who is actually elite and the worlds best at his role in the club

Not saying he is in Messis technical skill level etc

But for the role Kante plays as water carrier DM closing play down the bloke is no 1 on the planet

StannyCFCJET
06-10-2018, 06:26 PM
No Kante is

The only bloke who is actually elite and the worlds best at his role in the club

But for the role Kante plays as water carrier DM closing play down the bloke is no 1 on the planet

Id say second best DM behind Busqets as both are labelled as DMs

Frodo
07-10-2018, 01:11 AM
No Kante is

I was obviously being funny.

But it's good to see the 2nd best DM in the world not playing in is natural position. Will be interesting to see how long that lasts with Jorginho sitting deeper than him.

Jeterpool
07-10-2018, 08:17 AM
Is this the Chelsea thread again?

Retro Jet
28-10-2018, 06:41 PM
Mo's back...
Watched his goal over and over - from where he started it right through to putting the pill in the onion bag.
Loved the 'clink' when it hits the net supports too.

Imyourhero
28-10-2018, 07:39 PM
Shaqiri is a very good pickup for you guys

Premy
28-10-2018, 08:41 PM

At a bargain price also

plague
28-10-2018, 09:06 PM

that little extra touch/shimmy he did before the goal was very pretty.

Jeterpool
29-10-2018, 10:23 AM
How good/intense is the title race so far.

plague
29-10-2018, 11:14 AM
If Spurs knock bn off Citeh tomorrow then maybe it will get interesting.

Atm Citeh still gonna walk it.

StannyCFCJET
29-10-2018, 11:26 AM
If Spurs beat city they will make a dvd to celebrate that event

Jeterpool
29-10-2018, 01:00 PM
Atm Citeh still gonna walk it.

I tend to agree.

redwah
30-10-2018, 08:41 AM
I tend to agree.

It would be nice if they didn’t think it though....if we push them deep into the new year It would be tops.

Retro Jet
07-11-2018, 06:32 AM
Oh dear. Woke to 1-0 & just in time to see the 2nd.
Good hit!
Get em going Jurgie!!

Jeterpool
07-11-2018, 07:14 AM
Lallana is doing my head in. I know that he’s coming back from injury but I don’t see how he fits into this team anymore. He looks lost. His first touch is backwards and when he loses the ball it’s like “oh that’s gone” while others in the team try to chase it back. They’ve had chances but have been too wasteful or too cute.

A really disappointing performance so far, but credit to Belgrade because they’ve been in Liverpool’s face.

Frodo
07-11-2018, 08:23 AM
That 2nd goal was great from Belgrade. Matip and VVD underestimated how good a shot Pavkov had on him and didn't put any pressure on him.

Tottenham currently losing to PSV after a 1st minute goal to De Jong.

Frodo
07-11-2018, 08:26 AM
Didn't even realise that was Degenek at the back for Red Star until A league Memes brought it up. Ops.

Jeterpool
07-11-2018, 08:30 AM
That 2nd goal was great from Belgrade. Matip and VVD underestimated how good a shot Pavkov had on him and didn't put any pressure on him.

And that all came about because Van Dijk's uncontested header was directed straight back into the middle of the park.

A really poor performance and I think this has been coming for a while. Liverpool have been generally scraping through results (I think) and they feel like a rubber band that's stretched and about the snap. Funny that the player they could have used tonight was back home because the club didn't want the "distraction".

The Belgrade crowd had a massive influence on the game. Jeered and whistled every time Liverpool had the ball, cheered to influence the ref and created a generally hostile atmosphere - credit where it's due.

Frodo
07-11-2018, 09:54 AM
F#&k you Sainsbury you filthy Gypo.. that was gonna be hilarious.

Bon
07-11-2018, 09:55 AM
F#&k you Sainsbury you filthy Gypo.. that was gonna be hilarious.

Was just having a chuckle about that..

Retro Jet
29-11-2018, 09:07 AM
Not watching chaps...(text commentary: Footylight app) but has the VAR thrown out a life line?

Retro Jet
29-11-2018, 10:26 AM
So, is that now a 2+ goal win over Napoli needed now? How does it work?
1-0 at Anfield would have both teams on 9 pts, +2 gd and 1-0 both legs.

plague
29-11-2018, 10:37 AM
So, is that now a 2+ goal win over Napoli needed now? How does it work?
1-0 at Anfield would have both teams on 9 pts, +2 gd and 1-0 both legs.

Yeah Napoli would go through on account of not having Jordan Henderson in their team.

Frodo
29-11-2018, 04:54 PM
And that is why no matter how good a player Neymar is, he will never be respected as one of the greats. What a whining little bitch he is.

PSG were the better team but Verrati should have been sent, Ref bottled it there unfortunately.

MFKS
29-11-2018, 09:18 PM
And that is why no matter how good a player Neymar is, he will never be respected as one of the greats. What a whining little bitch he is.

PSG were the better team but Verrati should have been sent, Ref bottled it there unfortunately.

Why??

Bloke is a gun at drawing fouls

Why shouldnt he be marvelled at??

I will point out he probably just in in the top 10 his country has produced but that isnt a blight when you consider Pele Romario Ronaldo Ronaldhinio Zico etc

redwah
30-11-2018, 04:25 PM
Why??

I will point out he probably just in in the top 10 his country has produced but that isnt a blight when you consider Pele Romario Ronaldo Ronaldhinio Zico etc

Every time he is one the big stage his reputation gets diminished because of his actions...he might be a good player, maybe even a great but his is a diving bitch....something those you mentioned never were

plague
30-11-2018, 05:50 PM
Every time he is one the big stage his reputation gets diminished because of his actions...he might be a good player, maybe even a great but his is a diving bitch....something those you mentioned never were

You forgot rich.
Hes extremely rich doing things his way.

Like really really really extremely rich.

Frodo
30-11-2018, 07:29 PM
Why??

Pele, Romaria, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Zico, Rivaldo, Garrincha, Roberto Carlos, Cafu and Didi. He is probably a more talented player than 6 or 7 of those, and will win more trophies and make more money, but won't be remembered as the same class of player/person as them. He will get brought up in conversation, he will have the highlights reel, but the way he left Barca because of his ego and the way he acts will drop him down the list of greats.

redwah
30-11-2018, 08:12 PM
You forgot rich.
Hes extremely rich doing things his way.

Like really really really extremely rich.

True but there are plenty of rich wankers in the world and he is rapidly climbing the tree. Shame of it all is that m’bappe is heading the same way and he doesn’t need to

Bremsstrahlung
01-12-2018, 07:23 AM
I don’t so much have a problem with players playing for contact. I think it’s a bit of an art and if you can get your body in between the ball and defender at the right time and get contact, then I think that’s part of the game.

What’s not part of the game is players rolling around for 60 seconds on the ground. Neymar going down easy is something I can live with, because everyone does it at some point, it’s the playacting and clutching your face and rolling despite there being very little contact.

When will they start reviewing these incidents? There was a push a few seasons ago to retrospectively look at diving and simulation and give sanctions for it in terms of suspensions.

Have never seen somebody seriously injured roll around on the ground for 30 seconds.

Retro Jet
03-12-2018, 08:30 AM
Bump...

That would have to be one of the most bizarre late winners I've ever seen.
Jordsn Pickford: TYVM.
2 absolutely pumping derby's last night.

Bump back..?
Judging by the number of diving meme's around, Neymar's lowlights will exceed his highlights on the interweb.

Bremsstrahlung
03-12-2018, 09:07 AM
For once a keeper gifts us some points.