PDA

View Full Version : HAL 12/13 Rd 8 - Melbourne Heart vs Newcastle Jets - 24/11/12 k/off 530pm AEDST

furns
22-11-2012, 06:23 PM
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z83/furns/MelbournHeartLogo.png VS http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z83/furns/JetsLogo.gif

2012/2013 Hyundai A-League
Season 8 Round 8
Melbourne Heart FC vs Newcastle United Jets FC

When: Saturday 24th November, 2012
Where: AAMI Park, Batman Avenue Melbourne VIC
Kickoff: 530pm AEDST (gates open 4pm)
Tickets: http://www.ticketek.com.au
Watch: LIVE on Foxsports 1 and FoxSports 1HD
Listen: ABC Newcastle 1233/774 Melbourne or ABC Grandstand website
Tweet: @newyboys #heartvsjets
Both sides looking to bounce back, could be a barnburner or shit on a stick

/cliche

sh10
22-11-2012, 06:27 PM
Mel's preview: Keep an eye on Marko Jesic

lquiquer
22-11-2012, 06:32 PM
My team:

Nash-------Neville-Regan-Mitchell-Ritter------Pepper-Jobe--------Griffiths-Ribeiro-Goodwin-------Heskey

Sub: Duncan-Tiago-Virgilli-Brilliante

q-money
22-11-2012, 08:19 PM
we will loose

plague
22-11-2012, 08:34 PM
Heart own us.
Kelmar to score his only goal for the year as always.
We are rubbish.

Will be all the players fault as usual.

Retro Jet
22-11-2012, 08:35 PM
Wonder if Goodie will be back to haunt Fart in a Brockie-esq way?
Probably not.......

Not holding my breath over this one. Fart have turned it on from time to time this season.
Thomo brace.

Grimario
22-11-2012, 08:35 PM
Mel's preview: Keep an eye on Marko Jesic

Marko's preview: Keep an eye on Mel

:fap:

Jetmaster
22-11-2012, 10:02 PM
Marko's preview: Keep an eye on Mel

:fap:

Hmmmmm - which one first ???

parksey
22-11-2012, 10:38 PM
i think this will probs go to day 4 with ponting finally putting a performance together to get us home. the injuries to steyn and kallis are huge blows to south africa.

seldom
22-11-2012, 10:45 PM
Jets to win...unless of course we ignore their counter...then loose 5 nil

Superdylan
22-11-2012, 10:58 PM
Jets to win...unless of course we ignore their counter...then loose 5 nil

Agree

q-money
22-11-2012, 11:22 PM
i remember when these trips were good, the strippers black, and overly willing to breathe in your ear when you didn't ask for that

furns
23-11-2012, 09:42 AM
those were the days......

russjaybee
23-11-2012, 09:44 AM
My team:

Nash-------Neville-Regan-Mitchell-Ritter------Pepper-Jobe--------Griffiths-Ribeiro-Goodwin-------Heskey

Sub: Duncan-Tiago-Virgilli-Brilliante

I dont mind this but where is zad? Put him in the holding role next to jobe.

Will Vrteski step straight in? At least he's been playing consistently (I think?).

furns
23-11-2012, 09:47 AM
zad has struggled recently, maybe riding the pine for a game or two might sort his head out

Bon
23-11-2012, 10:02 AM
zad has struggled recently, maybe riding the pine for a game or two might sort his head out

Yeah I agree.. Don't get me wrong.. I'm a huge fan of both Z-man and Ryu, but I think maybe an "MFKS rest" should be put on them to get their heads sorted..
I've always rated Brown, runs all day and tries hard, but he seems to be having trouble finding his feet at the moment too..

I know we havent seen much of Peps this season (apart from his 6 minutes of brain-snap glory) but I think after how well he was performing last season he could at least get a start..
Jesic. He better not be starting.. Enough said. haha

Jeterpool
23-11-2012, 10:09 AM
Yeah I agree.. Don't get me wrong.. I'm a huge fan of both Z-man and Ryu, but I think maybe an "MFKS rest" should be put on them to get their heads sorted..
I've always rated Brown, runs all day and tries hard, but he seems to be having trouble finding his feet at the moment too..

I know we havent seen much of Peps this season (apart from his 6 minutes of brain-snap glory) but I think after how well he was performing last season he could at least get a start..

Jesic isn't in the squad announced yesterday. Taggart also out due to "personal reasons"

----------------------Nash--------------------------

Nev--------Tiago----------Chapman------------Ritter

-----------Pepper---------Jobe----------------------

Griff--------------Bridges---------------------Goody

----------------Heskey-----------------------------

Bench
Duncan
Regan
Zad
Ribero

2-1 Win

pv4
23-11-2012, 10:12 AM
what we'll see:
-------------nash--------------
neville--tiago--mitchell--ritter
-------------jobe---------------
virgilli----brown-------goodwin
-----------griff------------------
-----------heskeytime---------

what i'd like to see:
------------vrteski-------------
--------jobe----zad------------
griff------brown------goodwin
---------heskeytime---------
with zad given the job of man-marking garcia.

griff is great to give the ball to - he rarely loses it. but he's lazy, and looks disinterested/angry at other players a lot. he is not attacking mid, he's not dynamic enough to be one. the only way this "deep-lying forward" can work for him is if he has the "artist" #10 playing behind him, and they bounce off each other. otherwise, our only option in the middle from our cbs/cms is griff and a further ahead heskey, and that's where/when we're losing the ball

Newieutd
23-11-2012, 10:13 AM
Jesic isn't in the squad announced yesterday. Taggart also out due to "personal reasons"

----------------------Nash--------------------------

Nev--------Tiago----------Chapman------------Ritter

-----------Pepper---------Jobe----------------------

Griff--------------Bridges---------------------Goody

----------------Heskey-----------------------------

Bench
Duncan
Regan
Zad
Ribero

2-1 Win

$100 Bridges doesnt start

MFKS
23-11-2012, 10:20 AM

There will be no MFKS resting until the Member calls for it!!!:grin: Zads will be staying in the team until the Member calls for it!!! Zads form is shit that don't warrant a MFKS style rest!!!

Not thinking clearly at present but Zads aside name me someone who you think should be given a rest and I will see if I can sanction it!!!

Goody will tear some Heart arse up this week end thanks to the MFKS rest he endured last week. Heard it here first

Muswellbrookian
23-11-2012, 10:21 AM

$100 he's not even on the bench. Gary really seems to have gone off him this season. I'm not Bridges' biggest fan by any means, but I think he should be among the subs every week. He's proved really useful for us as an injection of experience late in the game quite a few times. It's crazy to leave him out completely, especially away from home.

goaliepersempre
23-11-2012, 10:21 AM
coe went straight into victree after 2 days... Vrteski should be able to at the jets...

MFKS
23-11-2012, 10:25 AM
coe went straight into victree after 2 days... Vrteski should be able to at the jets...

and was shit that night

pv4
23-11-2012, 10:29 AM
$100 he's not even on the bench. Gary really seems to have gone off him this season. I'm not Bridges' biggest fan by any means, but I think he should be among the subs every week. He's proved really useful for us as an injection of experience late in the game quite a few times. It's crazy to leave him out completely, especially away from home.

he was on the bench v wellington. i think gary only likes him on the bench for the games he thinks he'll be going into the last half-an-hour on top, so bridges can timewaste.

member - call for virgilli to be rested for a season or two. he's been god-awful. should deport him and zad to greece :gent:

lquiquer
23-11-2012, 10:30 AM
I left Zad out of "my" team because it looks to me as Zad is running like a puppy in all directions chasing the ball and when he gets it he start running crazy with it and does not use it efficiently....He needs to put his foot on the ball and distribute.....less touches at times

MFKS
23-11-2012, 10:34 AM
member - call for virgilli to be rested for a season or two. he's been god-awful. should deport him and zad to greece :gent:

Chillis form hasn't been good enough for a MFKS Rest.

Take offence to your comment that Chilli and Zads should be deported to Greece.

Until Marko Jesic has been put on the plane/boat to Greece no way can I sanction the deportation of anyone else (Craig Deans aside)

Jeterpool
23-11-2012, 10:53 AM

Without a doubt he won't start, but I would start him.

russjaybee
23-11-2012, 11:15 AM
what we'll see:
-------------nash--------------
-------------jobe---------------
virgilli----brown-------goodwin
-----------griff------------------
-----------heskeytime---------

I cannot see gary starting with Jobe as his sole holding mid and having both brown and griff playing behind heskey. He is far too cautious to do that.

If anyone should be coming off the bench it should be Brown, he's been woeful imo. Maybe he could gain some confidence coming off the bench and running at a team.
Also I thought he was at his best for Gold Coast when sort of playing more of a wide role, he's not really the tricky play maker if you ask me.

Also I don't agree regarding Griff behind heskey, I think his best game of the season has been when he played in behind the big man in sydney, with chilli and goodwin either side of him. That is still where I want to see him play again.

------------vrteski-------------
--------jobe----zad------------
chilli/brown------ryu------goodwin
---------heskeytime---------

Re-bridges, I think he would be the best CM/CAM in the club if he was younger / fitter. He is technically one of the better players in the club and is a very intelligent player / passer.

Newieutd
23-11-2012, 11:19 AM
Re-bridges, I think he would be the best CM/CAM in the club if he was younger / fitter. He is technically one of the better players in the club and is a very intelligent player / passer.

I think Jesic would be the best CM/CAM at the club if he was better at everything

Newieutd
23-11-2012, 11:21 AM

Bet taken...He is our best flaggerer we have

MFKS
23-11-2012, 11:21 AM
I think Jesic would be the best CM/CAM at the club if he was better at everything

I think Jesic would have to be the second best CM at West Sydney Wanderers behind Mooy

Grimario
23-11-2012, 11:39 AM
Hmmmmm - which one first ???

Mel. Blondes don't interest me unless they are extremely special.

Grimario
23-11-2012, 11:50 AM
Has Vrteski been added to the squad? I don't remember seeing his name in the squad announcement... in fact I am sure that the article about him signing was a few hours after the squad announcement?

stopper2
23-11-2012, 03:51 PM
Just heard on the radio that Connor Chapman will be starting instead of Tiago and that wait for it........Bernardo will be getting his first start!!!
Didn't say who Bernardo was coming in for, I would assume probably Virgili or maybe Brown. These are good changes but as we've learnt in the past with regards to who's in, who's out with GVE, you take them with a grain of salt!!!

seldom
23-11-2012, 04:11 PM
aaah yes Garys mind games...works on everyone except the opposition

russjaybee
23-11-2012, 04:13 PM
He better be coming in for Brown and playing in behind Heskdaddy. Ryu and Goodwun out wide. (Y)

UNLESSSSSSS this is like the time he said Regal was a starter for the following game and proceeded to bench him.

Grimario
23-11-2012, 04:23 PM
Tiago isn't even travelling so there will definitely be a spot for someone... whether it is Chapman, Regan or a GvE back 3 special, who knows....

I would love us to line up like this when everyone is available...

Birra
Nev - Tarago - Chapman - Ritter
Jobe (c) - OldZadko
Ryu - Bernardo - Goodwin
Heskey

Obviously requires Zadko to get his shit together and stop being arse but having Jobe as the deep ball player, Bernardo as the more advanced ball player and Zadko being the always mobile, always available option would be great. I don't think Mitchell is good enough on the ball to be part of what I think (hope?) GvE is trying to achieve so would definitely give Chapman a run.

russjaybee
23-11-2012, 04:58 PM
I dig it grim.

23-11-2012, 06:31 PM
Win 2-0. Scarey eyes Heskey Esky time to score a brace.

Hoff to do what he does best, peel the oranges.

seldom
23-11-2012, 07:24 PM
got a feelin if Ribs does'nt perform he won't be seen again

Grimario
23-11-2012, 07:27 PM
I dig it grim.

Tis all my mad FM skillz coming to the fore. Maybe I could get a gig in Azerbaijan

Jetmaster
24-11-2012, 09:45 AM
got a feelin if Ribs does'nt perform he won't be seen again

^This - GVE has a history of throwing guys in the deep end to prove to himself they are shit and then not worrying about them again.

furns
24-11-2012, 04:58 PM
Starting XI according to Jets twatter

Starting XI: Neville, Mitchell, Ritter, Brown, Zadkovich, Heskey, Bernardo, Chapman, Wheelhouse, Griffiths, Nash

Muswellbrookian
24-11-2012, 05:35 PM
Stupid bloody radio stream doesn't work anymore. Every time I try to load it (for any game) it comes up with some message saying "subscription failed", or some rubbish. Only seems to work for games in Newy now...

Grimario
24-11-2012, 05:37 PM
Fmd.

WolfMan
24-11-2012, 05:37 PM
LOLZ.....horrendous

parksey
24-11-2012, 05:38 PM
kill yaself

boz-monaut
24-11-2012, 05:38 PM
****ing Neville

WolfMan
24-11-2012, 05:40 PM
Hahahaha...stonewall penalty.....this is a pisstake, yes?

Grimario
24-11-2012, 05:41 PM
So I've spent the day puking my guts up and drag myself out of bed to watch this shit.

****ing hell, Newcastle.

parksey
call the game plz

Jeterpool
Think ill switch off now

parksey
24-11-2012, 05:42 PM
seriously what the **** is this

also i see red is a stupid song to play

Muswellbrookian
24-11-2012, 05:43 PM
Rof.

Jeterpool
24-11-2012, 05:44 PM
Gary. Stop sitting there throwing your arms about. Get up and DO something

boz-monaut
excellent team selection in defence

parksey
what are these guys doing?

q-money
24-11-2012, 05:46 PM
who are you ****s going to blame now?

boz-monaut
24-11-2012, 05:47 PM
these are professional athletes - this is what these people do for a living

some ****s deserve to ****ing starve to death

baldrick
24-11-2012, 05:49 PM
http://www.bigshinyrobot.com/reviews/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/picard-facepalm.jpg

parksey
24-11-2012, 05:49 PM
so far i blame ritter, neville and chapman

WolfMan
24-11-2012, 05:50 PM
I for one blame Tiago - the Mayans foretold of this...we should have listened

boz-monaut
24-11-2012, 05:50 PM
I blame the bloke who selected them to stand at the back and be shithouse

plague
24-11-2012, 05:53 PM
Clearly Bernados fault.

or BK

or Tiago

snake
24-11-2012, 05:54 PM
lolz

bit of advice for the kiddies - never care about anything :)

Jeterpool
24-11-2012, 05:55 PM
We're very stagnant. No movement. Nobody showing

plague
24-11-2012, 05:56 PM
Clearly Pinto isn't up to this level.

Get him off Gaz.

Grimario
24-11-2012, 05:56 PM
Why our our fullbacks pushing SO FAR up the pitch when our centre backs have the ball? They are almost beyond the midfield... how the **** are we supposed to rely on Mitchell to consistently hit Ritter a third of the pitch away?

WolfMan
24-11-2012, 05:58 PM
Why our our fullbacks pushing SO FAR up the pitch when our centre backs have the ball? They are almost beyond the midfield... how the **** are we supposed to rely on Mitchell to consistently hit Ritter a third of the pitch away?

My thoughts exactly. We do this a lot - and it's even worse now when struggling to hold onto the ball, why make our options harder than they need to be?

Lionel Hutz
24-11-2012, 06:00 PM
James brown is junk this season and shouldve been dropped for goodwin, zadkovich clearly has no skill and is only selected on the fact he tries hard (because he has to make up for the fact he has no skill, just looking at his shooting for an example) feel sorry for chapman on his first start giving a pen away. If only we could hold onto the ball but then again every A League team cannot hold the ball for an extended period of time.

Grimario
24-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Jobe sits in behind their strikers, completely unable to get the ball, both fullbacks are miles up the pitch and any time a ball goes up to them, it's underhit or they can't control it and voila, Heart on the counter yet again.

plague
24-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Do you think Heskey and Del Piero will sit together on the flight back to Europe?

WolfMan
24-11-2012, 06:04 PM
Highlight : crystal-clear rendition of "Heskey's Bitch" right there on my TV...

GazFish35
24-11-2012, 06:07 PM
Gary. Stop sitting there throwing your arms about. Get up and DO something

I'm cooking dinner and bathing the kids.
It's witching hour.

q-money
24-11-2012, 06:07 PM
James brown is deadset honktacular

plague
24-11-2012, 06:10 PM
Man, these players are rubbish. Nothing wrong with Gaz's coaching, just the players.
Remember that.

Grimario
24-11-2012, 06:12 PM
If GvE puts any blame on the "new players" coming in to the squad tonight, he is done for me, won't have my support anymore. Bernardo has been one of our few good players and apart from the penalty, Chapman hasn't done much wrong. Neville is having his worst game for us since joining and Brown continues to be awful. Brown off.

WolfMan
24-11-2012, 06:12 PM
I don't want to destroy his confidence, but Chapman should be hooked at Half-Time. Not saying he is our worst, but potential is there for him to be picked apart all game. Might learn more watching from the sidelines

plague
24-11-2012, 06:14 PM
So spewing I've got to go to dinner soon. Going to miss the last 30 minutes of Bernados career.
Might set the VHS to keep for prosperity.

Grimario
24-11-2012, 06:15 PM
Deadset, wtf is Neville supposed to do there? He gets nutmegged and the player tries to run through him?

I hate football.

plague
24-11-2012, 06:15 PM
Nash is awesome.

WolfMan
24-11-2012, 06:21 PM
Bernardo has been the best thing about us this match. Good on him having an actual go

q-money
24-11-2012, 06:22 PM
Neville geeeeeeeeeez

Grimario
24-11-2012, 06:25 PM
I don't want to destroy his confidence, but Chapman should be hooked at Half-Time. Not saying he is our worst, but potential is there for him to be picked apart all game. Might learn more watching from the sidelines

Not sure how we do that... unless Ritter moves to centre back and Goodwin plays fullback. Our bench is midfield, winger, winger...

MFKS
24-11-2012, 06:27 PM
Actually quite pleased with the state of the game and pretty confident we won't get beaten today. Matter of fact I think we might even win.

Criticism of Connor Chapman for giving away the penalty harsh and unfair.

He is the only bloke in the side who has tried to make a tackle all day.

Rectify the concept of being first to the ball and putting some pressure on our opponent and we will arse rape these guys.

FFS they are hopeless haven't scored on us in 40 mins. What the ****s wrong with the Heart all the ball all the field position and haven't created anything.

parksey
24-11-2012, 06:27 PM
we've actually played pretty well for the last 30 minutes or so

newy boiz

WolfMan
24-11-2012, 06:29 PM
Not sure how we do that... unless Ritter moves to centre back and Goodwin plays fullback. Our bench is midfield, winger, winger...

Personaly, I would move neville into the centre and have Goodwin play Right back. Cut inside on his left, his pace and forward thrust lost in the centre

Grimario
24-11-2012, 06:32 PM
Personaly, I would move neville into the centre and have Goodwin play Right back. Cut inside on his left, his pace and forward thrust lost in the centre

He is an average defender though. Might as well just go with a back 3 if you want to yank Chapman. Brown, Neville and Zad should all get the shaft before him at any rate.

MFKS
24-11-2012, 06:37 PM
Clearly Bernados fault.

or BK

or Tiago
FFS Plague forgetting someone are we????

..... What has Deans done to devoid himself of any blame today???

plague
24-11-2012, 06:46 PM
FFS Plague forgetting someone are we????

..... What has Deans done to devoid himself of any blame today???
Deans is part of the brains trust who's football is too smart for these terrible players to understand.
The only way he's leaving is to take the Man U job or something.
Can't believe Roman didn't tap him up for Chelsea.
Even Fred bounced straight off him.
Deans for at least 2 Alex Tobin points tonight.

WolfMan
24-11-2012, 06:49 PM
Signs of life... Goodwun

Retro Jet
24-11-2012, 06:50 PM
Wonder if Goodie will be back to haunt Fart in a Brockie-esq way?
Probably not.......
Not holding my breath over this one. Fart have turned it on from time to time this season.
Thomo brace.

Happy to be wrong :)

Awesome support for us down there by the sound of it!

Grimario
24-11-2012, 06:55 PM
Ruuuuuuuuuubbbbeeeeeeezzzzzz!!!

Finally gets one. Get the **** in.

Retro Jet
Wooty fkn wooooooooot

Newieutd
To the people who said bench Zad - Die mouther****erz

GazFish35
24-11-2012, 06:57 PM
His shots to goal ratio now stands at 1:43.5

Edit: moved the decimal point to keep zads chad lickers happy.

WolfMan
24-11-2012, 06:58 PM
New game.... again, why didn't I put $ on Jets to win at 0-2 down and 21/1? Foolish

WolfMan
24-11-2012, 07:03 PM
$hite

Newieutd
24-11-2012, 07:04 PM
His shots to goal ration now stands at 1:435

Get a new memory or get a better at math

Grimario
24-11-2012, 07:04 PM
Ritter out. Gave the ball away and just stood there and watched for ages before running back to chase the guy who crossed for the goal.

Grimario
24-11-2012, 07:06 PM
Should be a red, hand to throat. At least as a Jets fan, anyway.

ToddG NBUnited
24-11-2012, 07:10 PM
How long to go?

Grimario
24-11-2012, 07:12 PM
10 plus added time.

Retro Jet
24-11-2012, 07:18 PM
Ffs.......put this in!

WolfMan
24-11-2012, 07:18 PM
Go on Virgilli, way to earn a pen

Grimario
24-11-2012, 07:19 PM
Yeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww

Retro Jet
Reliable Griff

evolution
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!

Newieutd
24-11-2012, 07:21 PM
Anyone thats syas Virgili shoud start ahead of ribero - you should also die...Virgilli only did what he did because he come on fresh v tired players

moses
24-11-2012, 07:21 PM
Virgilli always goin hard!! :yay:

Grimario
24-11-2012, 07:24 PM
Anyone thats syas Virgili shoud start ahead of ribero - you should also die...Virgilli only did what he did because he come on fresh v tired players

Based on tonight's efforts, Virgili should be starting ahead of the shite that was Brown. But Goodwin should defo be in front of Virgili.

WolfMan
24-11-2012, 07:26 PM
Good positioning from Chapman to clear that dangerous ball - whoever said to hook him at half-time should die (me)
Just off to neck myself etc.

Retro Jet
24-11-2012, 07:27 PM
I'll take that after that start.

moses
24-11-2012, 07:28 PM
Fuk me ,another heart stopper.

WolfMan
24-11-2012, 07:29 PM
I'll take that after that start.

+1

:gent:

Grimario
24-11-2012, 07:29 PM

They got a point, we didn't stop them entirely.

:gent:

MFKS
24-11-2012, 07:33 PM
Actually quite pleased with the state of the game and pretty confident we won't get beaten today. Matter of fact I think we might even win.

Criticism of Connor Chapman for giving away the penalty harsh and unfair.

He is the only bloke in the side who has tried to make a tackle all day.

Rectify the concept of being first to the ball and putting some pressure on our opponent and we will arse rape these guys.

FFS they are hopeless haven't scored on us in 40 mins. What the ****s wrong with the Heart all the ball all the field position and haven't created anything. Should I gloat or not??:tongue:

Also see my ideas about the dropping/benching of Goodwin. Desired effect first touch goal looks the best he has since I made the call.

Some ****s should just listen to the Member:violin::whistling:

Grimario
24-11-2012, 07:34 PM
@newyboys made Fox Football, yewww

howardyou
24-11-2012, 07:39 PM
We really only look good when a goal or two behind.

WolfMan
24-11-2012, 07:41 PM
We really only look good when a goal or two behind.

Should look good for most of the season then. Dirtiest sheets out

parksey
24-11-2012, 07:50 PM
behich is the gronkest gronk

Thomas477
24-11-2012, 07:52 PM
Brown is clearly not the player who played for GCU.

Quite simply with a front four of Heskey, Goowin, RyGriff and Bernie/Virgilli we look good going forward.

Also, Ritter should have tracked back when he lost the ball leading to the third goal.

Grimario
24-11-2012, 07:58 PM

Quite simply with a front four of Heskey, Goowin, RyGriff and Bernie/Virgilli we look good going forward.

Also, Ritter should have tracked back when he lost the ball leading to the third goal.

Agree on pretty much all of that. I don't actually recall Bernie wasting possession at all and I don't recall Brown retaining it more than a small handful of times. Was honking. I like Virgil on the bench and running at tired defenders like he did tonight.

Thought Pepper was pretty good as well when he came on. No stupid fouls always helps his game and it could have just been fresh legs but his movement was good.

Glad I wasn't the only one that saw that from Solid.

furns
24-11-2012, 08:01 PM
@newyboys made Fox Football, yewww;)

furns
24-11-2012, 08:03 PM
I would persist with Chapman, but bench Mitchell instead. Bring back Tarago or Regz.
I would bench Browny and start Goodwin.
I would also bench Zad for Peppz, and sit him in DM so Jobey can move forward and control the mids.
I would also sack Deans because that horrendous start was clearly his fault.

howardyou
24-11-2012, 08:05 PM
GVE says: "Score more than them. Defence doesn't matter."

howardyou
24-11-2012, 08:06 PM
I would persist with Chapman, but bench Mitchell instead. Bring back Tarago or Regz.
I would also bench Zad for Peppz, and sit him in DM so Jobey can move forward and control the mids.

Agreed.

furns
24-11-2012, 08:07 PM
GVE says: "Score more than them. Defence doesn't matter."
Keegan MKII

parksey
24-11-2012, 08:07 PM

We need to be patient with Brown. He has shown just how good he is in the past and he's obviously taking a little bit of time to get back in the groove after not playing for 7 months. Maybe easing him in off the bench is the way to go, but on his day he could be out best player.

furns
24-11-2012, 08:10 PM
Not saying Brown isnt a good player, agree that he should never have been thrown in at the deep end by starting week after week after being out for months with injury.

MFKS
24-11-2012, 08:13 PM
We need to be patient with Brown. He has shown just how good he is in the past and he's obviously taking a little bit of time to get back in the groove after not playing for 7 months. Maybe easing him in off the bench is the way to go, but on his day he could be out best player.

Patience is one thing but the Egg has to take some responsibility here. Brought him back for 25 - 30 mins in a Yoof game after a 7 month lay off and then he is straight into the HAL side next week as a starter??

At the time we had just won 3 out of 4 with 3 wins on the trot. Who is this bloke that he needs to be rushed in ASAP on the back of 25-30 mins of NYL?? He ain't that much of a great player at his best that he is essential/walk up start to our team. Egg should have and should be given him more of a hit out in the NYL and bringing him on slowly.

No he has thrown him short of form/match fitness and people are expecting him to be a star. What do you expect with such poor preparation and poor man management from the Egg on this issue???

furns
24-11-2012, 08:17 PM
Brown has shown he is a great player by pretty much carrying a massively shit GCU team for the last season of their existence.
But GVE should never have rushed him straight back into the lineup when we had Goodwin in there carving up teams for fun, and Virgili waiting on the bench to do the same if required.

front2
24-11-2012, 08:22 PM
Was it Chapman who gave away a penalty or got sent off on his debut last year (off the bench) as soon as he came on the pitch.? Or am I thinking of someone else or somthing totally eluding me?

Newieutd
24-11-2012, 08:26 PM

Dont change a thing is the correct thing to do - apart from 2-0 down after 5mins there was nothing wrong...

furns
24-11-2012, 08:29 PM
Dont change a thing is the correct thing to do - apart from 2-0 down after 5mins there was nothing wrong...I dont know what game you were watching, but we were pretty rubbish until the second half imo

stopper2
24-11-2012, 08:35 PM
After virtually giving them 2 goals it turned out to be one of our best perfromances of the season. I've being saying all along that Bernardo is the type of player that we have lacked all season and we definitely looked a better side with him in there. I hope now that GVE has played him that he persists with him and plays him as the #10 so that he can grow into the role.
We showed character to come back and that is a huge positive along with the fact that we showed once again that we have goals in us.
What concerns me is our defence. All off-season it was well documented that we lacked a finisher and players who can make a difference in the front third. It was assumed that our defence was sound and our strong point. We released Topor and Elrich, signed Mitchell, Ritter and Neville and everything was thought to be under control. The fact is that is the leakiest Jets defence since we won the wooden spoon four seasons back. It would be unfair to judge Chapman after one game but both Tiago and Mitchell just do not instill the confidence that you need from a strong CB pairing. Mitchell lacks that authority that you need while Tiago is just too erratic and does not give the side the stability that it needs at the back.
With hindsight I honestly think that releasing Topor was a huge mistake on GVE's part and his form at WSW has vindicated that.

stopper2
24-11-2012, 08:42 PM
Patience is one thing but the Egg has to take some responsibility here. Brought him back for 25 - 30 mins in a Yoof game after a 7 month lay off and then he is straight into the HAL side next week as a starter??

At the time we had just won 3 out of 4 with 3 wins on the trot. Who is this bloke that he needs to be rushed in ASAP on the back of 25-30 mins of NYL?? He ain't that much of a great player at his best that he is essential/walk up start to our team. Egg should have and should be given him more of a hit out in the NYL and bringing him on slowly.

No he has thrown him short of form/match fitness and people are expecting him to be a star. What do you expect with such poor preparation and poor man management from the Egg on this issue???

Agree 100% on this one.
I also don't understand the need to rush Brown back into the starting lineup after a very disruptive off-season.
We seem to have a player now who is down on confidence and trying too hard, instead of the relaxed, free-flowing player we saw at GCU.

Tommyjet
24-11-2012, 08:45 PM
All of the above please gary

The Dunster
24-11-2012, 08:47 PM
^^^. it wasn't just a matter of Topor not being good enough. It was about him sucking up too much of the salary cap with that ridiculous contract Branko gave him.

Chapman, Mitchell, and Regans combined slary is probably less than Topos was getting paid.

stopper2
24-11-2012, 08:58 PM
^^^. it wasn't just a matter of Topor not being good enough. It was about him sucking up too much of the salary cap with that ridiculous contract Branko gave him.

Chapman, Mitchell, and Regans combined slary is probably less than Topos was getting paid.

That may be the case but it doesn't change the fact that 8 rounds in and the coach has still not settled on his best CB pairing.....arguably the most important combination in a fooball team. Popovich had a few months to string together a side from scratch but he quickly settled on Topor/Beauchamp clearly before the season even started and the results have shown that WSW have one of the tightest defences in the HAL.

namwob99
24-11-2012, 08:59 PM
Reegz for Mitchell. How many times has Mitchell been caught with the ball this year or passed it straight to the opposition?? Chapman and reegz will be a pretty young defensive pairing but honestly the other two have been tripe so it couldn't hurt!!

GazFish35
24-11-2012, 09:32 PM
schultz and hawk should be our CB duo.

MFKS
24-11-2012, 09:34 PM
After virtually giving them 2 goals it turned out to be one of our best perfromances of the season. I've being saying all along that Bernardo is the type of player that we have lacked all season and we definitely looked a better side with him in there. I hope now that GVE has played him that he persists with him and plays him as the #10 so that he can grow into the role.
We showed character to come back and that is a huge positive along with the fact that we showed once again that we have goals in us.
What concerns me is our defence. All off-season it was well documented that we lacked a finisher and players who can make a difference in the front third. It was assumed that our defence was sound and our strong point. We released Topor and Elrich, signed Mitchell, Ritter and Neville and everything was thought to be under control. The fact is that is the leakiest Jets defence since we won the wooden spoon four seasons back. It would be unfair to judge Chapman after one game but both Tiago and Mitchell just do not instill the confidence that you need from a strong CB pairing. Mitchell lacks that authority that you need while Tiago is just too erratic and does not give the side the stability that it needs at the back.
With hindsight I honestly think that releasing Topor was a huge mistake on GVE's part and his form at WSW has vindicated that.

Some good points.

Bernardo looks promising with the ball but defensively he doesn't pull his weight enough. I can cope with that but it seems to be a bug bear of the Egg and his opinion is the one that matters.

Must also be noted that Neville and Mitchell were part of the Perth Glory defence that was shit for the last few years. As soon as Perth got Mitchell out of the team and Neville got injured and Risdon got a go Perth have gone from strength to strength. Maybe there is a message there for us.

The CB issues need some resolving but in my eyes the central mids are the biggest issue. Neither Jobe/Zads seem to make any tackles at present. Didn't think I would ever say that about these 2!!! They don't win the second ball often enough, they allowed Heart mids to beat them to everything for the first 55mins. Poor blokes were even getting OWNED by the Hoff FFS. Their retention of possession is also not the best . Fix some of these issues and we are halfway there. The attack will function better with better quality ball and we look like scoring when we do get good attack going. The relief of us winning more ball in mid and retaining it better will also give our belaguered defence a break fvrom their issues. Looking through our squad I feel we are a little short in this area with Peppz as the only realistic option. Maybe we may need to go left field and throw Tarago in at DM or maybe even Connor Chapman. Both throw their weight around and are good on the ball.

Also it is high time some bloke was bought in to teach our blokes how tio defend a ball played across the penalty box on the deck from wide areas. We are alright for aerial balls but we get ****ed over time and time again on the pullback to advancing players ie Hearts 3rd Adelaides 2nd Brockies 1st. Been an issue all last season too

stopper2
24-11-2012, 10:01 PM
^^^^
Yeah Jobe in particular has a poor tackling technique; tries to use his upper body to outmuscle players rather then diving in with a foot and trying to win the ball.

Portillo
24-11-2012, 10:12 PM
Great game of football.

GazFish35
24-11-2012, 10:16 PM
Get a new memory or get a better at math

Fixed it.

pudy
24-11-2012, 10:21 PM
First 10 minutes was totally unacceptable.. pretty happy with how we played in the remaining 80 though.

Standout performers were Bernardo and Goodwin. Nashy did ok in goals I thought too.

Brown needs to start off the bench next week.. wasn't up to scratch tonight or last weekend.

MFKS
24-11-2012, 10:35 PM
First 10 minutes was totally unacceptable.. pretty happy with how we played in the remaining 80 though.

Standout performers were Bernardo and Goodwin. Nashy did ok in goals I thought too.

Brown needs to start off the bench next week.. wasn't up to scratch tonight or last weekend.

Bit harsh there was only 3 mistakes in the first 10 mins.

Nevilles pass to Garcia

Ritter getting caught in possession 35 yards from goal

Chapman falling hook line and sinker for the old pro trick from Garcia to get the penalty.

Other than these small personal individual errors all wasn't that bad!!!

Only problem was they cost us 2 goals. We won't make that bad of a start all season again.(HOPEFULLY)

On a more pleasing note just think of how devo you were 4 mins into the game to be 2-0 down like that. Then spare a thought for the Gypo scum who seen their team lose a 2-0 lead in a GF in that time. No **** sparing a thought for them. Just remember how good the madness of those moments were for us:roflz::lulzturtle:

24-11-2012, 10:38 PM
Lets just hope Egg thinks Ribeiro had a bad game, sure to get a start next week then.

Retro Jet
24-11-2012, 11:34 PM
Was p!ssed off tonight the Crickin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd4XaLwXpLQ) (0'53") was on the for the 1st half of the game on 1233.
Dumb @rse round eye game....

seldom
25-11-2012, 12:56 AM
NTS the chump of our defense last year...What a joke, if he was still here the goals against would be halved. Sure we saved a couple of quid but probs threw away a title

la bazzle
25-11-2012, 01:19 AM
Put on a draw straight after heart pen. Smooth operator. Gallaway out

Grunta
25-11-2012, 07:33 AM
Haha loved reading the difference in the posts (hate v love) from the first haft to the second.

A case of pure football obsession.

Stoked we got the point but if only for the first 5 minutes it would have been 1-3 our way and we would still be in outright third.

Opportunity lost!!!

The Dunster
25-11-2012, 09:06 AM
The ball movement in our own half is far too slow. That allows the opposition forwards to apply the pressure and as a consequence we cough up the ball in dangerous positions.

We don't have the players Barcelona have and trying to play thinking that we do is just crazy.

Even the Roar, who's ball movement is quixker than ours get themselves into trouble trying to play this way.

Like it or not, the most impressive attributes of the players in this league is their fitness and strength.

Yet instead of capitalising on the strengths we adopt a style of play whichexposes our weaknesses.

I don't think it's our defence which is the problem either. Once our dfeence is set we are very capable. It's when we lose the ball in transition that the trouble starts.

People are quick to blame the CB pairing but I think the lack of options available for them to pass to is probably what needs to be rectified.

A box to box midfielder is probably what we need. James Holland, Kasey Wehrman, Stu Musalik - it's these types of player I think we need as they can pick up the crumbs so to speak or provide another outlet by which we can play out from the back.

Note: I said players like not those actual players as they are today.

BodyNovo
25-11-2012, 09:16 AM
I don't know if this has been mentioned as the bulmers served at the game were full strength and were bought in cartons of four but did we drop of really deep when heart were coming at us, it almost seemed like we were at points in our box when heart were coming at us. You'd think gves tactics would have us high up the field, pressuring the opposition, etc

Also pv4z, I know great night cause one of rubes z shots smashed the net but chilli was unreal last night along with Goodwin, took 2 players to run directly at the opposition and bang we are back in the game. Chilli may give the ball away, but I'd prefer someone who's first instinct is to beat the player rather than passing sideways or backwards. He's also newy so yeh :)

Good form the bay last night, mongs monged on

stopper2
25-11-2012, 09:39 AM
The ball movement in our own half is far too slow. That allows the opposition forwards to apply the pressure and as a consequence we cough up the ball in dangerous positions.

We don't have the players Barcelona have and trying to play thinking that we do is just crazy.

Even the Roar, who's ball movement is quixker than ours get themselves into trouble trying to play this way.

Like it or not, the most impressive attributes of the players in this league is their fitness and strength.

Yet instead of capitalising on the strengths we adopt a style of play whichexposes our weaknesses.

I don't think it's our defence which is the problem either. Once our dfeence is set we are very capable. It's when we lose the ball in transition that the trouble starts.

People are quick to blame the CB pairing but I think the lack of options available for them to pass to is probably what needs to be rectified.

A box to box midfielder is probably what we need. James Holland, Kasey Wehrman, Stu Musalik - it's these types of player I think we need as they can pick up the crumbs so to speak or provide another outlet by which we can play out from the back.

Note: I said players like not those actual players as they are today.

Stu at his best was a a "holding" midfield type player, he didn't have the mobility to be a "box to box" midfielder.
In our current squad Rubes and Pepper are the only ones who could say have the attributes for this role. Rubes has been a bit hot/cold this year but he showed yesterday with that goal and assist that when he gets forward he gives us another attacking option. Pepper also showed last season that he has the mobility to help defend and get forward and score goals, so he is also in that mould.

lquiquer
25-11-2012, 10:49 AM
Glad Zad played after all......didn't even pick him in "my" 15!!!!!......Hey what do i know????

Vandenberg13
25-11-2012, 11:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHSH0Jx2AH8&feature=plcp

:D

Jetmaster
25-11-2012, 02:28 PM
Sweating now on Griff's pens - they are all identical and I'm waiting for a keeper to wake up to it !

Jeterpool
25-11-2012, 05:13 PM
Goodwin made a difference we he came on. Looked much better at this time. Keeping him fit is a must.

Ritter - i've been sceptical of him in the past, and continue to be despite rave reviews on here. Adelaide was his best game this year but since then I've been a bit "meh" and think he's cost us more than he's saved.

parksey
25-11-2012, 07:44 PM
he definitely cost us last night; twice he was caught in possession and they both led to goals. still i think he is probably the best left back we've ever had, apart from corbo.

what did we all think of ribeiro?

WolfMan
25-11-2012, 07:59 PM
what did we all think of ribeiro?

I thought he was very good yesterday, and did a job when coming on v Sydney in Round 2. Should get more of a chance hopefully

25-11-2012, 08:15 PM
Ribeiro should be starting next week for sure, looked good last night. A few games in the starting line up would do him and the team the world of good.

You never know with the Egg though, not happy unless he is %uck&ng with players heads.

Bremsstrahlung
25-11-2012, 08:17 PM
Ribeiro to replace Brown.

Thomas477
25-11-2012, 08:21 PM
Ribeiro to replace Brown.

And where would you play Goodwin, given both Riberio and Brown started this week?

Personally I would start Goodwin, Ribz, Griff and Heskey.

Bremsstrahlung
25-11-2012, 08:27 PM
And where would you play Goodwin, given both Riberio and Brown started this week?

Personally I would start Goodwin, Ribz, Griff and Heskey.

Yehhp. I didn't see the game. I'm just going off, Brown seems to have been given a fair bit of game time in recent weeks. I'd rather see this game time go to Ribeiro who has actually contributed a bit more. Obviously when Goodwin comes back he'd be on the Left.

Griff-----Ribeiro------Goodwin
----------Heskey-----------

hawk
25-11-2012, 08:32 PM
Having kids at the back is diabolical. Neville got schooled all game what a chump. Goody changed the match like no other.
Was Hesky on the pitch? Chapman, all bark no bite.

longshot
25-11-2012, 09:52 PM
I think we look best with Virgilli and Goodwin on the right and left. Griff behind Heskey. But saying that, I also think that either Brown, Virgilli or Goodwin off the bench are also great weapons as well. Tough choice. Depends who we play. All those young players are likely to get the shit kicked out of them if they are on form, but off the bench can run and create havoc with the chance of players getting sent off in the second half because of their creativeness. But Chilli and Goodwin for me killing it right and left.

true waterboy
25-11-2012, 10:51 PM
I haven't seen the game yet but if ribs was as good as they say then our best formation is griff on right Goodwin left and ribs behind Heskey. Then have taggs and brillante on the bench
Still don't see the love of virgilli but to keep everyone happy he can have the last bench spot

q-money
25-11-2012, 11:21 PM
at least tigz can pass his way out of defence, the other blokes would struggle to pass my charade in a Lamborghini ffs.

Grimario
26-11-2012, 08:53 AM
I haven't seen the game yet but if ribs was as good as they say then our best formation is griff on right Goodwin left and ribs behind Heskey. Then have taggs and brillante on the bench
Still don't see the love of virgilli but to keep everyone happy he can have the last bench spot

So, like this...

I would love us to line up like this when everyone is available...

Birra
Nev - Tarago - Chapman - Ritter
Jobe (c) - OldZadko
Ryu - Bernardo - Goodwin
Heskey

cobra23
26-11-2012, 10:01 AM
Having kids at the back is diabolical. Neville got schooled all game what a chump. Goody changed the match like no other.
Was Hesky on the pitch? Chapman, all bark no bite.

Yes; Heskey was on the pitch, But our service to him wasn't.

true waterboy
26-11-2012, 10:11 AM
So, like this...

Yes but emphasis on virgilli not starting as said by others

LINGERA
26-11-2012, 10:42 AM
atleast we didnt loose

stopper2
26-11-2012, 05:23 PM
at least tigz can pass his way out of defence, the other blokes would struggle to pass my charade in a Lamborghini ffs.
GVE has made his decision on Tigz, I bet he will be wiped for the rest of the season (of course barring suspension/injuries).

namwob99
27-11-2012, 06:38 AM
Yeah off contract at the end of the year. I think he's done.

q-money
27-11-2012, 11:12 AM
watching the back four fumble their way out from the back was slow torture

we will get schooled if we do that play like we did on the weekend against any decent side - i.e. melbourne, gypos...brisbane

uh oh

furns
27-11-2012, 11:15 AM
needs moar Reeeeegz

BodyNovo
27-11-2012, 11:15 AM
needs moar Reeeeegz

+ 1

Grimario
27-11-2012, 11:19 AM
Our play out of the back was miles better in the second half when Jobe dropped deeper. In the first half it was awful, neither Chapman or Mitchell had any outlet that wasn't the other centre back or a long hopeful ball up the sideline to the fullbacks were pushing up waaaaaaay too much.

hawk
29-11-2012, 10:13 AM
atleast we didnt loose

:grin::blush: