PDA

View Full Version : HAL 12/13 Rd 10 - Newcastle Jets vs CCM Graham's Goobers 08/12/12 k/off 7.45pm

hawk
04-12-2012, 01:34 PM
2012/2013 Hyundai A-League
Season 8 Round 3
Newcastle United Jets FC vs Central Coast Mariners FC
THE F3 DERBY

When: Saturday 8th December, 2012
Where: Hunter Stadium, 294 Turton Road, New Lambton, NSW
Kickoff: 745pm AEDST
Tickets: https://www.proticket.com.au/event.asp?eventid=1946
Pre-match: Heskey Park Tennis Club, Cnr Lambton and Curley Rds Broadmeadow
Watch: LIVE on Foxsports and FoxSports HD
Listen: ABC Newcastle

Loose

Furnz do your stuff.....

belchardo
04-12-2012, 03:43 PM
loose. in a big way.

4-1 to the scum.

Grimario
04-12-2012, 03:57 PM
McBreen, Hutcho and Rose to get hat tricks, Crazy Eyes to get a red. Jets loose 9-0.

Beeen
04-12-2012, 04:01 PM
Deans finally gets sacked

nahhhhhhttttt

boz-monaut
04-12-2012, 04:20 PM
this is going to make the Wellington game look gentle

this Saturday night, we'll all feel like one of parksey's small cute dogs

I'm actually going to book a taxi to pick me up before half time - **** this, **** everything, **** GvE's idiotic selections, stupid gameplan that totally fails to get the ball to Heskey, fails dismally at the back and relies a midfield of unorganised, grabastic pieces of amphibian shit to play a passing game and completely screw it up

Mitchy
04-12-2012, 04:47 PM
I agree with boz tbh

sh10
04-12-2012, 04:54 PM
we will win

snake
04-12-2012, 05:07 PM
we will loose

preparing to rage quit and sacrifice my season pass and a pair of trainers to the styx

q-money
04-12-2012, 05:08 PM
cut the grass craftsman

parksey
04-12-2012, 06:36 PM
1-0 jets

dom ritter to score

hawk
04-12-2012, 09:11 PM
All this low expectation will ease disappointment, win at life skills.

stopper2
04-12-2012, 09:17 PM
A few years back I remember there was talk of Arnold as a possible candidate for the Jets coaching position. I think most supporters squirmed at the idea of a supposedly inept coach like him coming to Newcastle. We all laughed when he went to the Mariners.....a good match. The fact is Arnold has built the Mariners into a strong, well-balanced side with the right mix of youth and experience and a team who knows what their strengths are and how to play to them.
We on the other hand are still meandering along under GVE, we don't even know what's our best formation, let alone our best starting XI!!!

militiamon
04-12-2012, 09:30 PM
^ Disgrace. They still play a boring-as-batshit style for most games, and when they play against legit good sides the best they can manage is a draw or loss. Would take a win against these ****s any day over all their 1-0 wins against the Perths and Adelaides of the league.

pv4
04-12-2012, 09:36 PM
loose

jerks

stopper2
04-12-2012, 10:11 PM
^ Disgrace. They still play a boring-as-batshit style for most games, and when they play against legit good sides the best they can manage is a draw or loss. Would take a win against these ****s any day over all their 1-0 wins against the Perths and Adelaides of the league.
Funny how they can only "manage a draw or loss" "when they play against legit good sides" yet the stats prove that they have been and continue to be the most consistent side of the past 2 seasons. I'm not a fan of their style either but the point I'm making is that after all that has been said about Arnold, his results with the Mariners put him up there with Postecoglou as the best Aussie coaches.
We can live in fantasy land and deny this but results show that he has a very good record with the Mariners....so he must be doing something right.

plague
04-12-2012, 10:20 PM
A few years back I remember there was talk of Arnold as a possible candidate for the Jets coaching position. I think most supporters squirmed at the idea of a supposedly inept coach like him coming to Newcastle. We all laughed when he went to the Mariners.....a good match. The fact is Arnold has built the Mariners into a strong, well-balanced side with the right mix of youth and experience and a team who knows what their strengths are and how to play to them.
We on the other hand are still meandering along under GVE, we don't even know what's our best formation, let alone our best starting XI!!!

Arnie, long ball triangles revolutionizing the sport.
Worst bloke, club, strip, 3 sided ground, fans, suburb and caravans.

We'll still get smashed, Rose to not know the score but carry on like a khunt anyway cause well, he's a khunt.

Boz, please book a Maxi Taxi and save me a seat.

ta.

NewcastleForLife
04-12-2012, 10:44 PM
Funny how they can only "manage a draw or loss" "when they play against legit good sides" yet the stats prove that they have been and continue to be the most consistent side of the past 2 seasons. I'm not a fan of their style either but the point I'm making is that after all that has been said about Arnold, his results with the Mariners put him up there with Postecoglou as the best Aussie coaches.
We can live in fantasy land and deny this but results show that he has a very good record with the Mariners....so he must be doing something right.

Looks at the crowds and their Champions League stats...

la bazzle
04-12-2012, 10:46 PM
We will win. Gaz will win praise and then take the vacant oz job after holgers booted for losing to North Korea. Deans will take over, put gallaway in goals and we will win the comp.

Left Winger
04-12-2012, 10:58 PM
Don't care about the result, as long as Heskey drop-kicks Hutcho.

northern_swan
04-12-2012, 11:07 PM
Don't care about the result, as long as Heskey drop-kicks Hutcho.

This.

Also, Beer line to outnumber Marinators.

militiamon
04-12-2012, 11:08 PM

What are his results?

1 A-League Premiership

Ok, so he has won one A-League title, so that puts him in the same boat as:

John Kosmina
Lawrie McKinna
Gary van Egmond

And below coaches who have won the premiership + championship:

Viteslav Lavicka
Ange Postecoglou (2 championships)

And definitely below Ernie Merrick, who has won 4 titles (2 premierships and 2 championships).

And again, his style of football is far shitter to watch than nearly all of those coaches, hence why even their own fans do not want to watch. Worst team, worst coach, worst fans.

pv4
05-12-2012, 08:11 AM
you're forgetting with ange's championships - it was all rado :lulz:

stopper - if you love them so much, just go support them and leave us alone.

the summary of what should be everyone's views is:
- hutcho is a cxxx,
- scozzie will bash sanchez,
- we won the last derby,
- i don't recall the songs lyrics being "we are the premiers, my friend",
- arnie should never be forgiven for how shit he turned the australian national team,
- and robbie middleby should get off his arse & sign griff.

Jeterpool
05-12-2012, 08:32 AM
- i don't recall the songs lyrics being "we are the premiers, my friend",

This!

Jeterpool
05-12-2012, 10:01 AM
I think we're in with a chance and can get a win.

-----------------Nash--------------------

Nev------Tigs----------Chap---------Ritt

--------Zad------------Brill-------------

Chill-------------Ribs---------------Goody

---------------Hesk---------------------

Chilli gave Rose such a hard time last match - needs to happen again. Tigs needs to return to have some experience in the defence.

Would be happy with either Pepper or Brillante. Brillante seems to be in favour wherever there is a free spot on the pitch.

I hope GvE isn't pig headed and picks a side who needs to go out and win instead of a side that has all his "besties" in it. A line up like this I wouldn't be surprised at:

--------Nash-----
Nev--Chap--Ritt--Brill

--Pep-----Zad-----

Brown--Rib----Good

------Heskey----

pv4
05-12-2012, 10:04 AM
is jobe not playing?

Bon
05-12-2012, 10:08 AM
I honestly believe we can get the win..
I know that the table and recent results would suggest otherwise.. They are expected to win..
We have a few players out (Mitchell, Ryu, Straight-outta-Tronno) BUT they have their two most important players out too.. Rogic and Ryan..

belchardo
05-12-2012, 10:13 AM
scozzie will bash sanchez

:lulz:

furns
05-12-2012, 10:14 AM
is jobe not playing?sarcasm lol

evolution
05-12-2012, 10:21 AM
i don't recall the songs lyrics being "we are the premiers, my friend"

And Freddie Mercury wouldn't lie!

furns
05-12-2012, 10:22 AM
all those calling for Tiago to return, he is apparently nursing a heel injury which would explain his absence.
Looks like a return of the Regz is approaching. Will be a young side ffs

---------------Nash----------------
Neville----Regz------Chappers----Ritter
----------Zad------Peppz-----------
------------Barnados---------------
Chilli----------Heskey--------Goodwun

Would be picking
Duncan (GK)
Bridges
Brilliante
Brown

NewcastleForLife
05-12-2012, 10:33 AM
Didn't Gary mention playing Ritter and a CB. Would mean Brilliante playing at LB and Regan not playing again...

howardyou
05-12-2012, 10:35 AM
all those calling for Tiago to return, he is apparently nursing a heel injury which would explain his absence.

Would be picking
Duncan (GK)
Bridges
Brilliante
Brown

I like that team. It has zing. more than likey will still lack the ability to defend though.

Bon
05-12-2012, 10:37 AM
I'm not sure about having Virgili start.. I prefer to see him come on with 20-30 mins left to run at tiring defenders..

lquiquer
05-12-2012, 11:03 AM

Would be picking
Duncan (GK)
Bridges
Brilliante
Brown

Agree with you Furns except maybe? Ritter in central defence for Regan and Brilliante at left full back ...Regan on the bench with also Mitch Cooper instead of Bridges

MFKS
05-12-2012, 11:12 AM
Don't forget Saturday our Yoof team are playing the Gypos Yoof before the main game. Kick Off at 5pm So get down there early if you can. For those of you who normally don't get to Yoof games at least make the effort and sacrifice full strength beer pre loading off site for mid strength at Stade de Newy to say your goodbyes to club stalwarts like Marko Jesic and Sammy Galloway.

This WILL be the last time you get to see the boys in the famous Newy colours before we piss them off at end of season and club icons like these blokes should be thanked properly for their diligent service over the years. Also we are a chance of winning this game so it will most likely be the only chance you have of seeing a Newy win this weekend!!!

On another note should be a cracker and with half our squad sitting on the yellow card suspension threshold should be quite a contest to see who can get themselves rubbed out by picking up a NEEDLESS yellow to avoid the impending trip to Perth the week after. I am expecting some serious lulz from the boys inventing ways to get booked e.g time wasting at 3-0 down just to get themselves a yellow to avoid the flight to Perth the week after for the impending arse raping there. Wouldn't surprise also if a couple of blokes who ain't on the threshold make a play at a suspension by going the full hog and getting a red. Can see someone decking Hutcho just to get a red. Will go down in Newy folklore just for doing so and coupled with the prize of a week off and avoiding the shenanigans in Perth blokes will be queuing up for it

lquiquer
05-12-2012, 12:42 PM
Who's going to captain the team?.....Zad? Heskey? Chapman? ? Ritter.........Personally i'll give Chapman the arm band

lquiquer
05-12-2012, 12:44 PM
Anyone knows how is Grossman going?

MFKS
05-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Who's going to captain the team?.....Zad? Heskey? Chapman? ? Ritter.........Personally i'll give Chapman the arm band

At times like this there is only one man for the job

Stand up Mitch Cooper

Make him Captain

Be the only bloke ever to make a debut for 2 clubs both times as a captain

pv4
05-12-2012, 12:46 PM

Stand up Mitch Cooper

http://gifs.gifbin.com/042009/1239788892_jizz-in-my-pants.gif

/true waterboy

lquiquer
05-12-2012, 12:59 PM

Stand up Mitch Cooper

Make him Captain

Good one MFKS i like that :grin:

plague
05-12-2012, 01:48 PM
I heard Van Egmond is going to be captain. Then he's going to watch the first half from the light tower where no one can find him.
Arnie will be so focused on finding Gaz, that he won't concentrate on his triangles.

GVE always thinking outside the box.

No wonder the AIS wanted him.

Still lose by 4 though.

plague
05-12-2012, 01:51 PM
Just don't blame GVE for it.

MFKS
05-12-2012, 02:05 PM
I heard Van Egmond is going to be captain. Then he's going to watch the first half from the light tower where no one can find him.
Arnie will be so focused on finding Gaz, that he won't concentrate on his triangles.

GVE always thinking outside the box.

No wonder the AIS wanted him.

Still lose by 4 though.

Don't let him near the light towers. If he stumbles and falls and dies we will be left with Craig Deans.

**** that for an idea

The Egg should have his own personal body guard 24-7 to protect him from harm and us from Craig Deans. I am putting that up there as Number 1 on our priorities

1 BodyGuard for Egg
2 Sign Griffo
3 Deans Out
4 Jesic Out
5 Galloway Out
6 Sort out Tinks financial worries
7 Win a ****ing game

Thats my list of priorities and in that order.

Jeterpool
05-12-2012, 02:07 PM

Stand up Mitch Cooper

Make him Captain

Beat me to it....well played

parksey
05-12-2012, 06:40 PM
actually yeah where the **** is mitch cooper?

pv4
05-12-2012, 06:42 PM
I know he played yoof v heart but I haven't dug any deeper

MFKS
05-12-2012, 06:46 PM
I know he played yoof v heart but I haven't dug any deeper

The blokes only just turned 12 or something so no great pressure on him to play at HAL level yet.

Give him some time and let him develop in the Yoofs.

When we need a captain he should be promoted ASAP. Best credentialed bloke in the squad as a fill in captain

parksey
05-12-2012, 06:48 PM
NBN news says Regan, Pepper, Goodwin and Brillante are all in line to start this weekend.

hawk
05-12-2012, 06:51 PM
Give hesk the armband and let him pick the squad and set formation and run club. Crazy eyes if you phk up.

true waterboy
05-12-2012, 07:00 PM
Agree with you Furns except maybe? Ritter in central defence for Regan and Brilliante at left full back ...Regan on the bench with also Mitch Cooper instead of Bridges

Stand up Mitch Cooper

Make him Captain

seldom
06-12-2012, 04:41 PM
Loose...Rubes to be sent

furns
06-12-2012, 09:18 PM

This must be used as a tifo at some point

MFKS
07-12-2012, 04:53 PM
Referee: Jarred Gillett
Assistant referee 1: Nathan MacDonald
Assistant referee 2: Leigh Pigram
Fourth official: Adam Gehrig

Why no Ben Williams this weekend???

Looking through the list of HAL appointments he was free so why can't we have him again :tongue:

Best reffing performance EVER in an F3 Derby and should be invited back everytime

parksey
07-12-2012, 06:06 PM
double fa at it again

plague
07-12-2012, 07:16 PM
Rubes as Captain.
This I like very much.
Fire up khuntz.

Football is us
08-12-2012, 03:28 AM
Start Heskey and bridges up front or one behind the other .... = goals. Let Van God decide on the defence, as he changes it so much it won't make too much difference ... just score more goals than the CCM, hence Heskey and Bridges in attack. Otherwise CCM win.

belchardo
08-12-2012, 08:17 AM
derby day.

fire up.

Grimario
08-12-2012, 05:52 PM
Youth up 4-1 at half. Sure the Member is somewhere here, probably just ducked into the mens to relieve himself after a Kale double.

weston
08-12-2012, 06:25 PM
Hopefully a sign of things to come... C'MON NEWCASTLE!!!

Thomas477
08-12-2012, 06:38 PM
Starting XI
Nash
Neville
Regz
Chapman
Solid
Rubez
Pepz
Brown
Ribz
Goody
Heskey

Bench
Duncan
Brillante
Chilli
Bridgey

Also expecting the Dutchman to man mark Heskey.

weston
08-12-2012, 06:39 PM
According to fox sports the line up is al follows

Gk- Nash
RB- Neville
RCB- Regan
LCB- Chapman
LB- Ritter
RCM- Zadkovich (C)
LCM- Pepper
AM- Ribeiro
RW- Brown
CF- Heskey
LW- Goodwin

Subs
Brillante
Virgilli
Bridges
Duncan

Grimario
08-12-2012, 07:08 PM
Hope brown steps up.

true waterboy
08-12-2012, 07:13 PM
Suprised brilliant isn't starting
Woulda preferred solid centre with bril in lb and regs on bench

weston
08-12-2012, 07:49 PM
Squadron gets a mention whilst teams are walking out..... "STARS ARE FOR CHAMPIONS" tifo..... only showed a heap of stars and the CHAMPIONS banner but it looked good.

Muswellbrookian
08-12-2012, 07:59 PM
Squadron gets a mention whilst teams are walking out..... "STARS ARE FOR CHAMPIONS" tifo..... only showed a heap of stars and the CHAMPIONS banner but it looked good.

Nice. How does the crowd look?

weston
08-12-2012, 08:07 PM
to be honest... patchy

doesn't look like many people are at the opposite end of the squadron

weston
08-12-2012, 08:14 PM
Sainsbury yellow..... late tackle on Goodwin 24th minute

Muswellbrookian
08-12-2012, 08:24 PM
Sainsbury yellow..... late tackle on Goodwin 24th minute

Sainsbury, what an arse. Arnie's favourite pet project.

Looking at our team sheet today makes me realise how little experienced depth we have (despite what van Egmond seems to think).

weston
08-12-2012, 08:27 PM
Holding well at the moment. We've had 1, maybe 2 good chances mariners have had about 3 or 4... neither side playing great

Muswellbrookian
08-12-2012, 08:29 PM
Certainly seems that way from the amount of "so-and-so concedes foul" updates on Fox Sports.

weston
08-12-2012, 08:32 PM
Nash fumbles and could of easily been 1-0.... Mariners seem to really getting on top at the moment

Muswellbrookian
08-12-2012, 08:36 PM
Shots are piling on. Not being able to watch the game, it's hard to judge, but at this rate it looks to me like we might be lucky (and relieved) to escape with a draw?

hawk
08-12-2012, 08:37 PM
we're phkd. wasting energy in pressing defence and creating no space with the ball. looks like 1st grade v 2nd.

weston
08-12-2012, 08:39 PM
those last 10 or so minutes were pretty well 90% mariners... what i'm scratching my head about is there doesnt seem to be any attacking urgency.... and when there is, its by only 1 person.... for example Ribeiro had a bit of a break away.... got the ball and 3 mariners players around him still a metre or so off of him.... but there was no one to pass it to.... had to go for a long ball to back stick with a defender headed back to the keeper.... just seems no one can be arsed to attack.

Beast
08-12-2012, 08:41 PM
Stainbury must be Harpers love child, never herd so much crap.

Muswellbrookian
08-12-2012, 08:41 PM
GVE: skilled recruiter, master tactician, profound football philosopher, etc.

weston
08-12-2012, 08:56 PM
1-0 McBreen....... FUUUUUCCCKKKKKK!!!

weston
08-12-2012, 09:03 PM
Chapman head clash with Bozanic..... Bozanic with massive egg on head.... more of that please

Muswellbrookian
08-12-2012, 09:07 PM
Surely we will loose now?

hawk
08-12-2012, 09:07 PM
1-0 Mcretard....... FUUUUUCCCKKKKKK!!!

shock only 1

weston
08-12-2012, 09:08 PM
Zadkid nearly put one of his bombs in.... Ribeiro off Virgilli on

hawk
08-12-2012, 09:13 PM
Our kids are playing fantastic football. Gypos are mesmerised. Gf is practically in the bag.

weston
08-12-2012, 09:14 PM
shock only 1

Nope. 2

Muswellbrookian
08-12-2012, 09:14 PM
Rof.

Seriously, a bloke who was playing Conference a few years ago has scored several more goals than our recent EPL star? Not having a go at Heskey, he seems to have been great, but it really makes you wonder why we can't recruit anyone like McBreen to support him.

Oh, that's right. Because van Egmond and Middleby are muppets.

weston
08-12-2012, 09:15 PM
Brillante on Pepper off

belchardo
08-12-2012, 09:15 PM
this is a joke. the most dangerous player we have on the field and GVE subs him off. meanwhile, brown is sitting out on the wing looking like a flyswat on a fish. ****ing useless.

GVE, justify this shit.

weston
08-12-2012, 09:22 PM
We have nothing i attack.... a few chances at best.... which were really only half chances.... defended rather well most of the game but with the amount of defending we have done, over 90 minutes any team will get past.

Muswellbrookian
08-12-2012, 09:24 PM
Pretty amazing that we could still be in fourth by the end of the weekend, really. How much longer we stay there remains to be seen...

belchardo
exactly. we aren't good enough.

EDIT: my comment works ok for both of the previous two comments, but it was really a reply to weston

weston
Brown off Bridges on..... lets see what Bridgey and Heskey can do together

belchardo
08-12-2012, 09:26 PM
Brown off Bridges on..... lets see what Bridgey and Heskey can do together

probably very good at talking in english accents and standing in corners.

weston
08-12-2012, 09:26 PM
is Andrew John our crossig coach?? Why do our guys put up the bomb to the back stick every time.... usually miss kicking it out for either a throw or corner??

Muswellbrookian
08-12-2012, 09:28 PM
Why do we try and play crosses against the Mariners at all, considering they have that big Dutch man mountain in the centre of their defence?

weston
08-12-2012, 09:30 PM
Chapmann yellow.... took scum legs out...... scum still walking, can't even do that right.

Muswellbrookian
08-12-2012, 09:30 PM
So tempted to throw out the old "We are shit" right now, even though I don't think I can legitimately say that without watching the game. Still, seems true.

hawk
08-12-2012, 09:31 PM
GVE, justify this shit.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7ncxaVQXM1r8p8yuo1_500.png

belchardo
08-12-2012, 09:33 PM
http://dailypicksandflicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Everytime-im-sad-I-imagine-a-T-rex-trying-to-put-on-a-hat.jpg

weston
08-12-2012, 09:36 PM
Bridges yellow.... late tackle

weston
08-12-2012, 09:37 PM
Heskey does not look interested at all

belchardo
08-12-2012, 09:38 PM

not quite anonymous, but definitely in disguise.

belchardo
08-12-2012, 09:39 PM
goodwin. without a doubt our best on the night.

Muswellbrookian
08-12-2012, 09:39 PM

I wouldn't either if I was playing with a bunch of useless bastards under a moronic coach.

hawk
08-12-2012, 09:40 PM

Dont blame him, what is he receiving? f.all

weston
08-12-2012, 09:41 PM
Full Time 2-0

Goodwin was close to putting one in but it was a difficult chance

Portillo
08-12-2012, 09:42 PM
Very poor performance from Jets. Noone was anticipating runs or passes, just watching the ball roll past them.

Skirt Boy
Thanks a lot Jets. It's not even midday and I'm all depressed and shit.

Good start for the weekend.

weston
Not blaming Heskey. He has been one of the better players tonight. Though just at times to me he just seemed to ball watch.... mind you i can't single out Heskey for this... there were more players guilty

Muswellbrookian
08-12-2012, 09:47 PM
Thanks a lot Jets. It's not even midday and I'm all depressed and shit.

Good start for the weekend.

I hear that.

westjet
08-12-2012, 09:52 PM
How is it in a league that features Johns Kosmina and Kevin Muscat we have the worst coach and assistant in the league.
How can GVE not see that Bernardo was our only player making any kind of runs, passes. Also when he took him off Goodwin dropped off and didnt have the same impact.
Brown - just woeful. Gary stop playing favourites and put the best players on and keep them on. Cant wait till next week when Bernardo doesn't even play as griff comes back and brown plays the whole game in the centre and not to mention its Perth.

GVE out! (is it too late to get sydney to take him instead of farina)

Muswellbrookian
08-12-2012, 09:56 PM
I was actually thinking about the whole Kosmina thing while watching the Adelaide v Victory highlights this morning. The fact that what you might call an "old soccer" coach has got his side scoring plenty of goals and sitting nicely at the top end of the ladder while we're languishing mid-table and rapidly slipping under our self-styled "high-tempo, possession-based" guru really makes me wonder...

Muswellbrookian
08-12-2012, 10:05 PM
By the way, just saw the goals, and that second one in particular was absolutely disgusting. Where is the f*cking leadership? I've seen statuesque defending from this team before, but that's up there with one of the all-time classics. For f*ck's sake, not a single one of those blokes looks the least bit keen.

pv4
08-12-2012, 10:16 PM
thought Heskey was great today. same with the effort from Ritter & Goodwin. anyone else notice that gve has Ritter & Goodwin manmarking, rather than zone? worked like aids when bojic was nearly put through. genius move, gve.

zadkid played some great balls. he's noticeably not having as much fun nowadays after being told to calm down though.

peppz was aids. regan is not up to anything apart from scrappy defending.

sainsbury & zwaansvijk were terrific for the gypos. rose was shit.

pv4
08-12-2012, 10:17 PM
bridges was garbage when came on too. didn't act like a senior player, gave the ball away for fun & wasn't worth the time.

howardyou
08-12-2012, 10:31 PM
Bridges gave away too much ball, but at least he was looking to go forward.

Ritter, Chapman & Heskey were good. Why can we not play the ball to Goodwins/Heskeys feet more often? Don't you want your most dangerous players with the ball? Or is Gve's system all about everyone being equal and it is the system that works.

BodyNovo
08-12-2012, 10:45 PM
Will save my sober abuse for when I wake up and watch the replay but the simple fact is;

GVE Out

Brown is shit

Bernardo had a go

Tiago is not injured and Gary's is a ****

Bring griffo home

scozzygt
08-12-2012, 11:07 PM
GRRRRRR!!!
**** ma GTfalcon got a bootfull on tha way home from watchin that ****in crap display.
Just watched a taped segment from dutchys comments post game, oh, we will review the match with tha players
and try to make things better,**** me!!!
Could not believe tha schoolboy defence, chapmans woeful turnovers,
Brown, hey mate just **** off to wherever tha bus takes u.
Mcbreens 2nd goal_ 4 of tha lost disciples standing in a circle,
and Danny strolls in and says, thanks u ****in tools, ill just nod this in right there.
Embarrasing? ****in understatement.

q-money
08-12-2012, 11:10 PM
gypos playing caveman football, beating everyone...there is a lesson in this game for everyone

q-money
08-12-2012, 11:11 PM
scozzle (y)

sh10
08-12-2012, 11:16 PM
want to smash mc****'s face in

how long til Arnie's head explodes? Even when his team's up he looks like he's gonna blow

scozzygt
08-12-2012, 11:19 PM
scozzle (y)

tryin to lower ma anger here courtesy of jack an coke:sigh:

Grimario
08-12-2012, 11:21 PM
As soon as the first half opened with Rubez/Pepper pumping long balls to Heskey's head or for Goodwin to chase, knew we were done for. And what the **** is with our abysmal marking at corners? All well and good to have the whole ****ing team back but if McBreen can start a run from outside the box and have no one on him, someone needs to be blamed.

Again with the shit substitutions, Gary? Ribeiro one of our only players who looks like doing anything, Brown yet again a steaming turd... who goes off? Well played you fecking useless suit wearing cvnt.

DEANS OUT.
GVE OUT.

Lastly... Ritter is Mr Average. Average pace, average passer, average positioning, average crosser (that's being nice). Would prefer Brilliante there all the time.

scozzygt
08-12-2012, 11:25 PM
Love to mould ma johnny reb boot round faggot hutcho;s neck
an watch tha kunt squirm,till he goes blue,poofter maggot, hate tha germ.

hawk
08-12-2012, 11:58 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/73/Roflcopter.gif

Mcbreens 2nd goal_ 4 of tha lost disciples standing in a circle,
and Danny strolls in and says, thanks u ****in tools, ill just nod this in right there.

true waterboy
09-12-2012, 12:08 AM
only saw the second half but the team was woeful

we had nothing in the midfeild and we were lost
chappy was great and i thought nev was good.
regs was average at best and tbh i would prefer us going to a back 3 than him being a regular.
our midfeild was lacking and looked lost. zad really isnt the player that he used to be
heskey was good but as always didnt have the service or the support to do anything

pretty poor second half by the jets

Muswellbrookian
09-12-2012, 12:39 AM
I've changed my mind. I hope we lose every week - scozzy's rants make it all worthwhile!

Retro Jet
09-12-2012, 12:41 AM
Geez.....glad I went to Devo at Bimbadgen tonight.

seldom
09-12-2012, 01:11 AM
Scum are doin orrite when they can bring Zac Anderson on as a reserve.Both teams supposedly playin 4-2-3-1 but coast gettin players forward a lot quicker than us.Brown was terrible,still believe Rubes should be pushed wide right.We really do struggle against a decent defensive team who sit back and let our CBs have the ball then press when we release. Surely Gary realised this and the players didn't follow his change in tactics :lol:

militiamon
09-12-2012, 01:25 AM
Night game, good.
Think I saw The Member on the upper tier.
Parksey's hat :cool:
Newyrover drunk, didn't know what he was saying etc.
Old kr3w.
Goodwin going to the crowd to hug some groupie chick after the game. Disgrace.
She was alright though.

The End.

john
09-12-2012, 05:03 AM
How does James Virgilli not start last nite? 6-7 weeks ago he was considered the man of the match and caused the left side of the coasties defence headaches as the jetties won 2-1. Now it could be forgiven that if R Griff was not suspended then you would go with Goodwin and R Griff as the wide players, but this was not the case. Watching the game last nite i could not beleive my eyes as james brown looked uninspiring and disinterested, he failed to provide us the width needed to brake down a well drilled central coast team.

Chapman and Regs failed to start things from the back. From early years of the jets watching okon and zelic carry the ball and draw the strikers showed intent and cut out one of the oppositions defensive line. We failed to do this from the back last nite and as a result the amount of times the midfield was overcrowded and the fact that most of the tackles in the midfield were made from Danny Mcbreen made it hard to break down the coasties defence( not saying that we didnt lack ideas in the front 3rd)

All I hope is that GVE and Deans start given us the football that they promised. It has not been evident the last 4 or 5 weeks. We were undone tonite by a local boy and it may suggest than always looking at other cities for players we first look in our own backyard. If there is not beta fullbacks in the local comp then scott neville i will walk to perth.

Bremsstrahlung
09-12-2012, 09:08 AM
Brown needs a rest. Play him in NYL to get his fitness and confidence back. He's been one of our worst for the last few weeks. No idea how he is holding a spot. Hopefully Ryu comes in for Brown next week.

Grimario
09-12-2012, 09:09 AM
Last 4-5 weeks? We haven't played the style of football that Douche the great pretender promised once this season.

q-money
09-12-2012, 09:20 AM
more about parkseys new hat plz

choreo worked, bennybooy riled :oops:

pv4
09-12-2012, 09:22 AM
btw mfkfc, I went in early to watch the yoof.

I'll call it now - kale will never play and/or succeed at Hal level. he's way too small & contributes absolutely nothing in normal play. his finishing is great, granted, but the amount he doesn't do apart from those chances will see him be useless. especially seeing as though the moment the first team uses him will be high&wide in a virgili-esque position, he'll be wasteful out there.

was impressed by Mitch cooper. gallaway was shit. hoole was great - class goal.

northern_swan
09-12-2012, 09:28 AM
We were gash

Beers gone up by 50c

Van Eggbert needs to read coaching for dummies

Did a maccas run in the members territory after the game and the place was full of gypos

Shit night all round.

q-money
09-12-2012, 09:28 AM
how did da y00f end up?

Muswellbrookian
09-12-2012, 09:33 AM
how did da y00f end up?

Won 4-3, apparently puts them second on the table.

q-money
09-12-2012, 09:37 AM
fuk da gyp0z brah

hawk
09-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Won 4-3, apparently puts them second on the table.

the game that counts

stopper2
09-12-2012, 10:32 AM

After that performance I think it only reinforces the fact that Arnold>>>>>GVE.
I know you guys on here hate the Mariners with a passion but sometimes in life you just got to be man enough to acknowledge that your rival is better then you. Arnold has the Mariners strong all over the park, we have weaknesses and deficiencies almost everywhere......it pains me to admit it but that is where things are at at this moment in time.

boz-monaut
09-12-2012, 10:48 AM
I'd rather we just got on with the serious business of pointing out how shit GVE is, rather than admitting that Arnold is better than him

parksey
09-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Rof.

Seriously, a bloke who was playing Conference a few years ago has scored several more goals than our recent EPL star? Not having a go at Heskey, he seems to have been great, but it really makes you wonder why we can't recruit anyone like McBreen to support him.

Oh, that's right. Because van Egmond and Middleby are muppets.

because mcbreen is a douchebag

parksey
09-12-2012, 11:43 AM
Night game, good.
Think I saw The Member on the upper tier.
Parksey's hat :cool:
Newyrover drunk, didn't know what he was saying etc.
Old kr3w.
Goodwin going to the crowd to hug some groupie chick after the game. Disgrace.
She was alright though.

The End.

do u liek my hat

pv4
09-12-2012, 12:29 PM

because gve is an egomaniac, you mean

militiamon
09-12-2012, 12:42 PM

Yes.

McBreen is just a nobody serf who happens to be the first-choice striker for the team coming first, of course he's going to look good. See Adam Kwasnik a couple of seasons back.

pv4
09-12-2012, 12:59 PM
lawl

kwassy played yoof yesterday. took me half an hour to even notice he was out there. did nothing.

pellegrino also looked shit

pv4
09-12-2012, 01:00 PM
btw Remo looks out of his depth in the yoof

stopper2
09-12-2012, 01:02 PM
Yes.

McBreen is just a nobody serf who happens to be the first-choice striker for the team coming first, of course he's going to look good. See Adam Kwasnik a couple of seasons back.

Just sounds like sour grapes coming from you militiamon. McBreen is the form striker of the comp and is in career best form....at 35!
Never rated him but admittedly he has scored some excellent goals this year where he has to do more then just tap the ball into the net.

selassie
09-12-2012, 01:32 PM
how gud is booing your team when they keep possession.

reckon our play against wello a few weeks back was worse.

namwob99
09-12-2012, 01:36 PM
Not only do they not sell full strength beer til halftime, they've decided to put the price up by 50c for the mid strength.
****en disgrace!!

john
09-12-2012, 01:59 PM
Would love to have Mcbreen come to a jets training and show a few of the boys what a high work rate is.....

militiamon
09-12-2012, 02:07 PM
Just sounds like sour grapes coming from you militiamon. McBreen is the form striker of the comp and is in career best form....at 35!
Never rated him but admittedly he has scored some excellent goals this year where he has to do more then just tap the ball into the net.

He is shit, but better than Duke and Ibini, that's the only reason why he's playing. He was a fringe player back when Simon was around, behind Kwasnik even (see starting line-up of 2010 Grand Final).

Implying that we would somehow be better off with him at the moment, lol. Seriously isn't the problem with us right now, and anyone who says that does not understand what is wrong.

how gud is booing your team when they keep possession.

reckon our play against wello a few weeks back was worse.

Disgrace to boo your own team for passing back to the keeper once. Shows how stupid our fans are. This was at 0-0 as well I believe.

I don't think we played terribly, but it was obvious that as the tempo of the game picked up our midfield wasn't good enough (definitely missed Jobe for this kind of game). Also second the call that Virgili should have been starting (but then there are people who think he shouldn't even be a professional footballer). In the end our midfield + attack didn't create enough decent chances, I have no complaints about our defence apart from the second goal.

BodyNovo
09-12-2012, 02:15 PM
we don't need mcbreen, we need griffo.

parksey
09-12-2012, 02:17 PM
mcbreen doesn't deserve us

militiamon
09-12-2012, 02:35 PM
we don't need mcbreen, we need griffo.

!

Retro Jet
09-12-2012, 03:26 PM
mcbreen doesn't deserve us

Old man Jimmi would be rollin' in his grave if he knew his sprog was scoring a brace for da sCCuM on the
hallowed ground he played on for KB Uited.
Disc-race.

Met him once (D McFk) at the Exchance after a Cookers Preso night.
Sad morose pr!ck.

seldom
09-12-2012, 03:34 PM
Not only do they not sell full strength beer til halftime, they've decided to put the price up by 50c for the mid strength.
****en disgrace!!

This...2 beers + 2 cokes = $22.......fvck off you thievin cvnts !

The Dunster
09-12-2012, 03:37 PM
Throughout his A-League career, McBreen only registers a goal once every four or so appearances.

The fact that he's scoring now is a mystery and so to is this extra turn of speed he appears to have been hiding for the past fifteen years or more.

the blue manc
09-12-2012, 03:53 PM
whats the point about harping on about getting griffo back when they dont use heskey properly.and another thing $6 midstrenght shit and lite beer $5.50.they whole things a rort.

Retro Jet
09-12-2012, 04:03 PM
Throughout his A-League career, McBreen only registers a goal once every four or so appearances.

The fact that he's scoring now is a mystery and so to is this extra turn of speed he appears to have been hiding for the past fifteen years or more.

Drug test the phucker!!!!!!!!!!

Jeterpool
09-12-2012, 04:43 PM
OK. I've had nearly 24 hours to calm down but I can't so I need to rant.

First well done to the Youth team. Played a very good first half and showed us how the so-called "system" should be played. Hoole is going to be a good player for us in the future. Bradbury has pace and can finish. Cooper can play also. Oxborrow a good first half.

Agree with the sentiments about the beer. It's a scam and won't be drinking at the stadium again. Food also - chips were stone cold, halved in size but price remains the same. New catering company are a bunch of rip off merchants.

I said earlier in the week we could win. I THOUGHT because this is a derby we would fire up. How wrong could I have been. Sure Heskey went through the back of Hutcho but that was about it. Our incessant passing across the back - our players look bereft of ideas and are too afraid to pass the ball forward. I honestly think they dont understant what they are supposed to be doing! Is that their fault? Maybe. But they can't shoulder all of the blame.

Not one of them looked fired up. It was like this game meant nothing to them. Where is the passion!? If you can't fire up for a game against your rivals, what chance do you stand!?

Our movement up front is non existent. There isn't AN option let alone 2 or 3. James Brown is playing like a liability and needs to be dropped for his own good and mental sanity.

Whoever decided to pull Ribiero off is a muppet. He was the only player in teh centre of that park that was playing forward and looked like he could create something.

The marking for the second goal was atrocious. The less said about that the better.

Gary - you have now selected YOUR players, you have implemented YOUR system. YOUR excuses are running out.

I have never been as disgusted with a performance as I was last night - show some effort for the shirt and make us proud. Lose 2-0 trying your guts out I can cop, but lose 2-0, to our f***ing rivals playing negative, lifeless and unimaginative football and it doesn't wash.

We are lucky to still be fourth and it in no way reflects how we are currently playing.

furns
09-12-2012, 04:53 PM
on the positive side - tifo worked a treat
also postgame ribbing of Marko was pretty much only other highlight

Am going to force myself to watch the recording to actually assess our performance, but I think those who have been saying that Jobe is shit etc can eat a dick. Sorely missed him last night.

Jeterpool
09-12-2012, 05:08 PM
on the positive side - tifo worked a treat
also postgame ribbing of Marko was pretty much only other highlight

Am going to force myself to watch the recording to actually assess our performance, but I think those who have been saying that Jobe is shit etc can eat a dick. Sorely missed him last night.
Agree and agree

Tifo was great and Jobe is to the Jets as Lucas is to Liverpool

seldom
09-12-2012, 06:08 PM
but I think those who have been saying that Jobe is shit etc can eat a dick. Sorely missed him last night.

Exactly...why do these cvnts keep baggin him...have they ever wondered why we have had several coaches over the years and they all want to resign him...surely not for his looks

Grimario
09-12-2012, 06:10 PM
I said earlier in the week we could win. I THOUGHT because this is a derby we would fire up. How wrong could I have been. Sure Heskey went through the back of Hutcho but that was about it. Our incessant passing across the back - our players look bereft of ideas and are too afraid to pass the ball forward. I honestly think they dont understant what they are supposed to be doing! Is that their fault? Maybe. But they can't shoulder all of the blame.
The thing that STILL gets me, months after first harping on about it on here, is that nothing has changed. Our fullbacks push up half a pitch, our centre backs pass it around themselves a bit, occasionally one of the midfielders drops back and then we hoof it up to Heskey/Goodwin. The only times we look like creating something is if the opposition turns the ball over and we get on the counter or on the rare occasion that one of those long hoofs is successful.

In my completely uneducated opinion, there is too much space between our lines, (with one exception, before he was subbed) no up/down movement to shorten those gaps and about the only lateral movement I can remember seeing is Nash following the ball so he could be a backwards pass option or Heskey favouring the Goodwin side of the pitch.

Sigh. That second goal was atrocious. McBreen knelt down outside the box to tie his shoelace up, our 10 players filled the 6 yard box and he finished tying up his laces, ran in unopposed and scored.

belchardo
09-12-2012, 07:01 PM
In my completely uneducated opinion, there is too much space between our lines, (with one exception, before he was subbed) no up/down movement to shorten those gaps and about the only lateral movement I can remember seeing is Nash following the ball so he could be a backwards pass option or Heskey favouring the Goodwin side of the pitch.

our entire game plan last night seemed to revolve around a high defensive line (i.e. suppressing the space between our defence and attack). from the performance last night is seems like we didn't actually understand what we were trying to do. there certainly wasn't much suppression happening anywhere on the field.

belchardo
09-12-2012, 07:01 PM
OK. I've had nearly 24 hours to calm down but I can't so I need to rant.

First well done to the Youth team. Played a very good first half and showed us how the so-called "system" should be played. Hoole is going to be a good player for us in the future. Bradbury has pace and can finish. Cooper can play also. Oxborrow a good first half.

Agree with the sentiments about the beer. It's a scam and won't be drinking at the stadium again. Food also - chips were stone cold, halved in size but price remains the same. New catering company are a bunch of rip off merchants.

Not one of them looked fired up. It was like this game meant nothing to them. Where is the passion!? If you can't fire up for a game against your rivals, what chance do you stand!?

Our movement up front is non existent. There isn't AN option let alone 2 or 3. James Brown is playing like a liability and needs to be dropped for his own good and mental sanity.

Whoever decided to pull Ribiero off is a muppet. He was the only player in teh centre of that park that was playing forward and looked like he could create something.

The marking for the second goal was atrocious. The less said about that the better.

Gary - you have now selected YOUR players, you have implemented YOUR system. YOUR excuses are running out.

I have never been as disgusted with a performance as I was last night - show some effort for the shirt and make us proud. Lose 2-0 trying your guts out I can cop, but lose 2-0, to our f***ing rivals playing negative, lifeless and unimaginative football and it doesn't wash.

We are lucky to still be fourth and it in no way reflects how we are currently playing.

what he said.

Pierre Essers
09-12-2012, 08:13 PM
Anyone bagging out Macca obviously showing the lack of knowledge, football common sense etc, etc. In terms of work rate, positional sense in general play, bringing others into the game he is top class for this league...especially for the contract he is on (and this coming from someone who chased the prick around NBN parks back in the day). Yes currently in purple patch scoring wise, but offers a lot more than goals.

Btw missed Jobe big time. Very much the fulcrum and looked bereft of ideas without.

Thomas477
09-12-2012, 08:37 PM
How about we stop ****ing praising a coastie player? Yes he's been scoring goals recently, but he's 35 and won't last for another 2 seasons.

Much more looking forward to Taggart returning after scoring on his international debut.

cheflyf
09-12-2012, 08:42 PM
knew we didnt stand a chance to begin with so i put $18 for the gypos to win and predicted the score 2-0 win win win... Still wasted money on attending the game tho

WolfMan
09-12-2012, 08:45 PM
The thing that STILL gets me, months after first harping on about it on here, is that nothing has changed. Our fullbacks push up half a pitch, our centre backs pass it around themselves a bit, occasionally one of the midfielders drops back and then we hoof it up to Heskey/Goodwin. The only times we look like creating something is if the opposition turns the ball over and we get on the counter or on the rare occasion that one of those long hoofs is successful.

Sigh. That second goal was atrocious. McBreen knelt down outside the box to tie his shoelace up, our 10 players filled the 6 yard box and he finished tying up his laces, ran in unopposed and scored.

Been noticing this more and more the last few weeks. Our fullbacks look to be under instruction to run away from our Centre-halves when we have the ball. Diminishes our wide options, and forces us to play low percentage long balls. Players are doing what they are told, but the gameplan is seriously lacking.

Teams beat us in midfield as we have 4x players hugging the line, leaving our 2 "middle-men" woefully exposed to any sort of counter-attack. The height up the pitch of our full-backs also means that when we do get back to defend, the gaps remain on our flanks.

Backwards football IMHO.

pv4
09-12-2012, 09:54 PM
i've been saying it for weeks - the fullbacks pushing forward is great, and is not the problem. the problem lies in gve forcing our high/wide guys to stay high & wide, and cancelling themselves out. gve doesn't let goodwin/virgili/brown in the high&wide position move with enough freedom, and it leaves the likes of our cbs and cms with max 1 option at all times. gve out

seldom
09-12-2012, 11:51 PM
Jets,Jets yoof,Jets emerging,NSWIS...all play high FBs with the CBs splitting to pick up the ball. Used to be the norm when the opposition wanted to play 3 up front. But these teams seem to be drilled to do this regardless of the oppositions tactics. Scum sat back in a 4-4-2 defensive pattern letting our CBs have the ball then pressured on the release. Not once did we try dropping a FB deeper to pick up the ball and give the outside mid a little more room. As PV4 said FBs pushing forward is great but often starting too high nullifies this weapon.

Retro Jet
10-12-2012, 01:14 AM
Just noticed Aaron Kearney's tweet on #a-league:-

Mariners players and Jets fans -passionately committed every week.
Jets players and Mariners fans...evidently not so much #aleague

Says it all.....

Grimario
10-12-2012, 08:52 AM
i've been saying it for weeks - the fullbacks pushing forward is great, and is not the problem. the problem lies in gve forcing our high/wide guys to stay high & wide, and cancelling themselves out. gve doesn't let goodwin/virgili/brown in the high&wide position move with enough freedom, and it leaves the likes of our cbs and cms with max 1 option at all times. gve out

There is a difference between pushing forward as part of the transition and rushing forward to be miles up the pitch before the ball is out from the back. It's almost as if our entire strategy is a diagonal long ball and we are hoping that if we fill a corner with Heskey + 2 wide players, one of them might get lucky. It pretty much assures me that GVE doesn't give a shit about his short passing game because the only short gaps are between the centre backs and the 5 people squished together in the attacking third.

Honestly, GVE's short passing, high tempo, possession based game is comprised of 300 passes between the centre backs and keeper then a hoof to a corner for Heskey to flick on. We are ****ed.

GVE OUT.

Grimario
10-12-2012, 08:54 AM
Jets,Jets yoof,Jets emerging,NSWIS...all play high FBs with the CBs splitting to pick up the ball. Used to be the norm when the opposition wanted to play 3 up front. But these teams seem to be drilled to do this regardless of the oppositions tactics. Scum sat back in a 4-4-2 defensive pattern letting our CBs have the ball then pressured on the release. Not once did we try dropping a FB deeper to pick up the ball and give the outside mid a little more room. As PV4 said FBs pushing forward is great but often starting too high nullifies this weapon.

Missed this before replying to pv4... but agreed. My problem isn't that they are pushing forward just that they push forward immediately and then the transition ends up being a hoof from a centre back or one of the holding midfielders.

WolfMan
10-12-2012, 09:44 AM
Missed this before replying to pv4... but agreed. My problem isn't that they are pushing forward just that they push forward immediately and then the transition ends up being a hoof from a centre back or one of the holding midfielders.

+1.

Fullbacks pushing up = good.

Fullbacks running away from centre-back who has the ball = bad

Rocknerd
10-12-2012, 10:43 AM
Neville still being a Donkey isn't helping things. Regs did some good and some bad but still better than anyone else in his place.

agree with Jimmy Brown being below par. is there really no one better than him to Choose from???

i'm going to the GVE Out thread!

ForeverRed
10-12-2012, 04:05 PM
Taggart starts for Australia and scores but will he start for the jets, not sure why but I'm thinking no

Thomas477
10-12-2012, 06:01 PM
Taggart starts for Australia and scores but will he start for the jets, not sure why but I'm thinking no

And out of Heskey, Goodwin, Riberio and RyGriff who would you drop?

Unless you decide to drop either Jobe or Zadkid?

Grimario
10-12-2012, 06:25 PM
And out of Heskey, Goodwin, Riberio and RyGriff who would you drop?

Unless you decide to drop either Jobe or Zadkid?

Heskey. Hasn't scored in like 3 games or something, does not fit in the fast paced, high pressing, possession and short passing system.

Muswellbrookian
10-12-2012, 06:33 PM
Heskey. Hasn't scored in like 3 games or something, does not fit in the fast paced, high pressing, possession and short passing system.

Because we're doing such a good job of implementing that system, and everything....

Grimario
10-12-2012, 06:40 PM
Because we're doing such a good job of implementing that system, and everything....

Where is Captain Obvious... :gent:

militiamon
10-12-2012, 06:41 PM

Maybe because we aren't playing against Chinese fxxxing Taipei.

Just a thought.

sh10
10-12-2012, 06:45 PM
We should sign that Taipei keeper, he was all class

Captain Obvious
10-12-2012, 08:08 PM

Do you know how hard keeping up with everyone saying Hi to me on the foz ATM?
Im going to have to start sub contracting this festive season I cant keep up.

Muswellbrookian
10-12-2012, 08:08 PM

Miss that guy.

MFKS
10-12-2012, 08:36 PM
Youth up 4-1 at half. Sure the Member is somewhere here, probably just ducked into the mens to relieve himself after a Kale double.

:sup::rof:

Thomas477
10-12-2012, 08:45 PM

True, but then you'd have people whinging that our Marquee player isn't starting. Seems like GvE cannot win in either case.

And as militiamon said, it's ****ing Chinese Taipei. Had it been Spain or Netherlands it would be a different deal entirely.

What it'd like to see us try:

....................Nash

.Neville...Chapz....Ritter.....Brilliante

.....................Jobe

.............Riberio......Zad

...RyGriff........Heskey.......Goodwin

Bench:
Whichever GK isn't injured
Tiago
Chilli
Bridges/Taggart.

MFKS
10-12-2012, 09:19 PM
Couple of aspects of Saturdays efforts that really shit me and they are reoccurring themes.

Hutcho and Montgomery sat in midfield all day when the Gypos had the ball and had all day when they got the ball to look up take a touch or two and pick out a pass. Why the **** were they not being put under any pressure??

McBreen may well be a Judas twat but he has a ****ing crack. All arms and legs and throws his weight around and makes it hell for his opponents. What the **** does our marquee contribute in this aspect?? **** all compared to McBreen. Don't say he don't get the ball enough cause we hump shit loads of shite up to him. McBreen makes it a contest and Heskey contributes **** all

Why when we lose the ball in the attacking third and the opponent plays it out to their strikers/attacking players do our defenders drop off?? When we are on half way and have troops back why do we ALLOW them the ball. Follow them Chase them harass them and win it back. So many times on Saturday Ibini Bozanic McGlinchey McBreen etc were able to win and maintain possession from our attacks breaking down with NO PRESSURE on them and allowed to mount a counter. WHY the **** do we do this??

Worse case scenario they get the ball and are about to play away then foul them innocuously and give away a free kick. Not ****ing rocket science. This strategy may also see us win a few of these balls that we so needlessly allow to our opponents.Spain and Barca do it religiously!!

Ball movement and tempo of our game is ****ed. It is ironic that teams that don't **** around with it and move it about quickly do well in this League. We on the other hand seem to think it is a contest to see how long we can keep the ball before scoring.

What is the ****ing PLAN?? Coz some days I just don't quite see it

WolfMan
10-12-2012, 10:15 PM
Couple of aspects of Saturdays efforts that really shit me and they are reoccurring themes.

Hutcho and Montgomery sat in midfield all day when the Gypos had the ball and had all day when they got the ball to look up take a touch or two and pick out a pass. Why the **** were they not being put under any pressure??

McBreen may well be a Judas twat but he has a ****ing crack. All arms and legs and throws his weight around and makes it hell for his opponents. What the **** does our marquee contribute in this aspect?? **** all compared to McBreen. Don't say he don't get the ball enough cause we hump shit loads of shite up to him. McBreen makes it a contest and Heskey contributes **** all

Why when we lose the ball in the attacking third and the opponent plays it out to their strikers/attacking players do our defenders drop off?? When we are on half way and have troops back why do we ALLOW them the ball. Follow them Chase them harass them and win it back. So many times on Saturday Ibini Bozanic McGlinchey McBreen etc were able to win and maintain possession from our attacks breaking down with NO PRESSURE on them and allowed to mount a counter. WHY the **** do we do this??

Worse case scenario they get the ball and are about to play away then foul them innocuously and give away a free kick. Not ****ing rocket science. This strategy may also see us win a few of these balls that we so needlessly allow to our opponents.Spain and Barca do it religiously!!

Ball movement and tempo of our game is ****ed. It is ironic that teams that don't **** around with it and move it about quickly do well in this League. We on the other hand seem to think it is a contest to see how long we can keep the ball before scoring.

What is the ****ing PLAN?? Coz some days I just don't quite see it

I think that's unfair on Heskey. You said it yourself...it gets lumped up to him and he is expected to not only control it, but beat the 4 or 5 remaining players on his own.

The difference between the start of the season and the last few weeks is fairly clear. Service to any of the front 3 has been largely useless, and when Heskey does get the ball, nobody makes intelligent runs off him.

MFKS
10-12-2012, 10:50 PM
I think that's unfair on Heskey. You said it yourself...it gets lumped up to him and he is expected to not only control it, but beat the 4 or 5 remaining players on his own.

The difference between the start of the season and the last few weeks is fairly clear. Service to any of the front 3 has been largely useless, and when Heskey does get the ball, nobody makes intelligent runs off him.

McBreen gets shit lumped to him also. He just gives 110% to the cause and makes life hard for his opponent and does a great job for his team. For a bloke who was always touted as physical type Heskey offers little of this to us. I would go as far as saying McBreen wins ball for the Gypos that he doesn't deserve to at a far significant greater rate than Heskey does for us. Lets also not forget what each is being paid McBreen **** all and Heskey big dollars.

Heskeys work rate compared to McBreen is grossly disappointing

parksey
10-12-2012, 11:10 PM
stop talking about mcbreen ffs.

he's been an average a-league player for the past 3/4 years and is having a good run of form as the lone striker of the best team in the league.

sh10
10-12-2012, 11:33 PM
the member's rant reminded me that the only highlight of the game was chapman giving bozanic a massive goose egg

Jeterpool
11-12-2012, 08:23 AM
Do you know how hard keeping up with everyone saying Hi to me on the foz ATM?

No sure - have to ask Captain Oblivious

Jeterpool
11-12-2012, 08:33 AM

These are two points I forgot in my rant. Agree about the ball movement. The speed isn't there. If you have a look, whenever Ribeiro has played a quick, first touch/early ball forward to our winger we were getting in behind and had some space. That quick ball movement isn't there - and it's allowing our opposition time to shift, settle and reorganise.

plague
11-12-2012, 08:58 AM
stop talking about mcbreen ffs.

he's been an average a-league player for the past 3/4 years and is having a good run of form as the lone striker of the best team in the league.

People are also forgetting he's playing for a contract (ie. his livelihood).
It tends to bring out a bit more effort in people.

WolfMan
11-12-2012, 09:59 AM

Was going to mention this. See it all the time, mainly in American Markets, "He's in a Contract Year" etc. Brings out something in a lot of people, and miraculously, when they get a new deal their performances return to average.

terry
11-12-2012, 09:04 PM

Mcretard is fail. Needs a Muscat tackle to sort hin out. true fw.

john
12-12-2012, 12:03 AM
I think you have to give credit to the bloke...sounds like a few people on here have sour grapes...I wish alot of the jets players were in a contract year...maybe they might pay more attention to their football rather than their hairstyle.....

q-money
12-12-2012, 12:29 AM
http://i.haymarket.net.au/Galleries/20111206102750_135057826_10.jpg

zorse
12-12-2012, 06:10 PM
the member's rant reminded me that the only highlight of the game was chapman giving bozanic a massive goose egg
Anybody got an image update of that? Given the size of it straight after it happened, surely it must've increased to emu egg size a day or so later? That would be interesting to see.

terry
14-12-2012, 09:06 AM
Anybody got an image update of that? Given the size of it straight after it happened, surely it must've increased to emu egg size a day or so later? That would be interesting to see.

Cant hurt a turd so he will be a mong as usual