PDA

View Full Version : Manchester United vs A-League All Stars - 20/7/13

Thomas477
10-12-2012, 11:59 AM
Manchester United are coming to Sydney to play the A-League All Stars at ANZ Stadium next year.

The marquee international exhibition match on Saturday 20 July (7.30pm kick off) will be the only appearance by Manchester United in Australia during the club’s 2013 pre-season tour.

The Red Devils are set to bring their full first team squad in preparation for the 2013-14 English Premier League season. United’s current squad includes England striker Wayne Rooney, Dutch ace Robin Van Persie and the evergreen Ryan Giggs.

The All Stars will represent the best of the Hyundai A-League and fans will have the opportunity to play a role in team selection. It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity to see the English Premier League superstars against the Hyundai A-League’s big names.

The Football Family pre-sale opens at 9am AEDT tomorrow with the general public on sale starting at 9am Wednesday 12 December.

Click here to get your tickets. Don’t miss it!

If you’re not a Football Family member, sign up by clicking here to ensure you get access to the exclusive pre sale period (9am Tuesday 11 December – 8am Wednesday 12 December).

TICKET PRICES

Category A - $189 Cat A
Category B - $99.50 Cat B, $279.50 Family of 4, $349.00 Family of 5, $418.50 Family of 6
Category C- $69.50 Adult, $49.50 Concession, $199.50 Family
Manchester United Active Supporter Area Cat C - $69.50 Adult, $49.50 Concession (no Family tickets in the Active area)

Category A Restricted View - $125 Cat A
Category B Restricted View - $69.50 Cat B, $199.50 Family of 4, $249.00 Family of 5, $298.50 Family 6
Category C Restricted View - $49.50 Adult, $34.50 Concession, $138.00 Family
Manchester United Active Supporter Area Cat C Restricted View - $49.50 Adult, $34.50 Concession (no Family tickets in the Active area)
Ticket Prices are inclusive of GST & Booking Fee. Transaction and credit card fees may apply.

Very expensive prices, as for the aleague team, I reckon:

4-1-2-3
Eugene
Bojic
Smith
Thwaite
Behich / Cassio
Milligan
ADP
Ono
Broich
Heskey
Goodwin

Bench:
Ryan
van der Brink
Ono
Flores
Garcia
Berisha

Grimario
10-12-2012, 12:01 PM
Interest = zero

Beeen
10-12-2012, 12:03 PM
robbery

furns
10-12-2012, 12:04 PM
would have been interested - but not at those prices ffs

sammydog
10-12-2012, 12:07 PM
Not interested, makes a circus out of the aleague and to my mind devalues it. I'd much prefer them to play any of the alegue clubs, at least then I would watch. An all stars team......no thanks, don't like the concept.

To be brutally honest, i'd be more likely to go watch live if they were playing CCM or Sydney, but an all stars team I won't go to.

Its up there in cheesiness with the era when the socceroos were playing club sides from O/S. I just can't see the value it provides in evolving our game, and it doesn't give the fringe supporter a club to latch onto.

GazFish35
10-12-2012, 12:22 PM
Let Simon Colosimo play.

He deserve a chance at retribution.

If he's not in the sqaud, Im not interested.
if he is, I reckon there should be online voting for whose promising young career he gets to end in friendly fixture.

namwob99
10-12-2012, 12:30 PM
Let Simon Colosimo play.

if he is, I reckon there should be online voting for whose promising young career he gets to end in friendly fixture.
+1

Also wont be attending at these prices. It clashes with East Asia cup also.

Rocknerd
10-12-2012, 12:53 PM
I guess you need to be a United Fan to pay these prices. IIRC these are similar to 99.

I went to Everton at $50 a ticket and I didn't leave disappointed so with a team as massive as United $20 more isn't unreasonable. especially when it will sell out. Ill even pay the $190 if that's all that's available.

parksey
10-12-2012, 01:04 PM
Let Simon Colosimo play.

andy cole isn't playing anymore so colosimo can continue being not good enough to play in this game.

also lol at some of the comments in this thread. manchester united are coming to play in australia and you're complaining about ticket prices.

sh10
10-12-2012, 01:05 PM
there's enough bandwagoners to sell most of the seats

furns
10-12-2012, 01:05 PM
as United fans your responses are entirely predictable :p

parksey
10-12-2012, 01:06 PM
as are yours as a liverpool fan

LINGERA
10-12-2012, 01:19 PM
you guys are tight asses, chance to watch one of the best football teams in the world (love them or hate them) play for a measly $100.

pistolpete
10-12-2012, 01:20 PM
Wish it was City instead

parksey
10-12-2012, 01:24 PM
so all club members are part of the "football family" right?

furns
10-12-2012, 01:31 PM
yes but you need to sign up at My Football Family website to get an membership number I think

parksey
10-12-2012, 01:46 PM
turns out i already have

david silva
10-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Might go just to have the chance to throw coins at ferdinand

boz-monaut
10-12-2012, 03:40 PM
this is the same day that the East Asian Cup starts in South Korea

what the **** are the FFA playing at?

plague
10-12-2012, 03:49 PM
you guys are tight asses, chance to watch one of the best football teams in the world (love them or hate them) play for a measly $100.

So you want me to travel through scumsville on the way to the arse end of the state in order to watch a bunch of turds have a glorified training run against another bunch of turds that I spend most weekends abusing the **** out of.
Yep, sounds delightful.

plague
10-12-2012, 03:57 PM
yes but you need to sign up at My Football Family website to get an membership number I think

Double-Eff-Aye just emailed me my number in case I didn't know it.
Still not going, but that's a great idea by them to avoid tears.

Well done Gallop.

sh10
10-12-2012, 04:27 PM
Double-Eff-Aye just emailed me my number in case I didn't know it.
Still not going, but that's a great idea by them to avoid tears.

Well done Gallop.

+1

baldrick
10-12-2012, 05:30 PM
Just buy family tickets. No one checks them when you go through the turnstiles.

Skirt Boy
10-12-2012, 06:25 PM
Othern the Rooney I don't think I actually know any Manure player actually worth going to see.

Muswellbrookian
10-12-2012, 06:32 PM
Let Simon Colosimo play.

Why does he have to end a promising young player's career? Would much prefer him to hobble that twat van Pricey.

militiamon
10-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Wish it was City instead

Agreed.

Don't see what's wrong with the ticket prices. Wasn't it like $50 or $60 for concession tickets on the Southern Hill for the LA Galaxy game? $80 or $90 for tickets in Bay 2 as well. This is actually cheaper by comparison, not being played at a construction site, and has more than one player who anyone has heard of.

That said, it doesn't interest me personally, but I don't get the hate.

WolfMan
10-12-2012, 07:16 PM
Had a laugh at a tweet form the ANZ Stadium account, referring to the installation of extra seating to cope with the expected demand. I sent them a reply saying they needn't bother....

Grimario
10-12-2012, 07:17 PM
Why does he have to end a promising young player's career? Would much prefer him to hobble that twat van Pricey.

Because he was a young, promising defender with a bright future ahead of him... when Andy Cole turned him into future A-League quality by destroying his knee and sidelining him for 9 months?

Grimario
10-12-2012, 07:19 PM
Don't see what's wrong with the ticket prices. Wasn't it like $50 or $60 for concession tickets on the Southern Hill for the LA Galaxy game? $80 or $90 for tickets in Bay 2 as well. This is actually cheaper by comparison, not being played at a construction site, and has more than one player who anyone has heard of.

That said, it doesn't interest me personally, but I don't get the hate.

Prices aren't that bad. The tour vs Australia in 99 had seats up to $160 or something like that. 13 years later to only be up $30-40 doesn't seem too much to pay if you are interested.

parksey
10-12-2012, 07:25 PM
Othern the Rooney I don't think I actually know any Manure player actually worth going to see.

haha

parksey
10-12-2012, 07:28 PM
i know most people don't like utd because that's kinda the thing to do if you don't support them but jeez acting like this game is not a big deal is something else

belchardo
10-12-2012, 07:33 PM
i know most people don't like utd because that's kinda the thing to do if you don't support them but jeez acting like this game is not a big deal is something else

it's not a big deal. i love man u fans that think the world revolves around their team. as somebody else said, glorified training run, with likely a 3rd string team.

Grimario
10-12-2012, 07:37 PM

It's a big media circus, that's about it. The tour in 1999 after their treble win was an almost nothing event as well. Our best players won't (or at least shouldn't) be there. It will be a huge build up, average game with little to no long term benefit.

parksey
10-12-2012, 07:46 PM
you're embarrassing yourselves tbh

Grimario
10-12-2012, 07:49 PM
you're embarrassing yourselves tbh

Can't wait for Bruce Emerton to be in the squad again in the game no one cares about.
Do we have any players with famous brothers playing overseas like Aloisi when he was in England meaning Ross was referred to as John?

Zzzzz.

parksey
10-12-2012, 08:01 PM
ahk

BodyNovo
10-12-2012, 08:10 PM
parksey biting at all the hook line and sinkers.

parksey
10-12-2012, 08:14 PM
the thing is - i don't think some of these people are trolling.

plague
10-12-2012, 08:20 PM
Cant wait til the New York Yankees tour Oz and play the reformed Pepsi Eagles.
Parksey, front of the line at Ticketek recognizing greatness.

parksey
10-12-2012, 08:27 PM
says the guy who went and watched united at old trafford like a sucker

ridiculous ticket prices

plague
10-12-2012, 08:36 PM
says the guy who went and watched united at old trafford like a sucker

ridiculous ticket prices

To be honest couldnt even tell you how much the ticket cost. Sometimes money doesnt matter.
One of the best sporting experiences of my life.
and if you think you're getting the same by going to the All Stars then go right ahead i hope you have a good time.

sammydog
10-12-2012, 09:00 PM
I think its great that Man Utd are coming out (and I support Liverpool), but I hate the Aleague Allstars concept.

That is what I hate about all of this, not the team coming out.

I'd go if they were playing a club side, even if it weren't the jets, and I would most likely go for good tickets. With the Allstars concept, not interested. Nothing more than a circus that I am not interested in.

pistolpete
10-12-2012, 09:09 PM
I think its great that Man Utd are coming out (and I support Liverpool), but I hate the Aleague Allstars concept.

That is what I hate about all of this, not the team coming out.

I'd go if they were playing a club side, even if it weren't the jets, and I would most likely go for good tickets. With the Allstars concept, not interested. Nothing more than a circus that I am not interested in.

Sums up the general feeling of the masses i would think

MFKS
10-12-2012, 09:26 PM
For anyone who is a serious conniseur of Football why would you go and watch most of this shit in the flesh anyway??

I go to pre season Jets games because the club is my passion. The football at times is complete ****ing shite and the match is a usually a farce with the team going off at half time to be replaced by the subs. I go to see the new signings and see how the young kids are coming through and also because it sort of fills the breach during the off season.

Why in ****sname would I want to pay top dollar for another team I feel nothing towards and watch their pre season circus??

If a world renowned famous music band comes to town and you have no interest in them whatsoever would you buy over inflated tickets to watch them??

**** no

GazFish35
10-12-2012, 09:32 PM
For anyone who is a serious conniseur of Football why would you go and watch most of this shit in the flesh anyway??

I go to pre season Jets games because the club is my passion. The football at times is complete ****ing shite and the match is a usually a farce with the team going off at half time to be replaced by the subs. I go to see the new signings and see how the young kids are coming through and also because it sort of fills the breach during the off season.

Why in ****sname would I want to pay top dollar for another team I feel nothing towards and watch their pre season circus??

If a world renowned famous music band comes to town and you have no interest in them whatsoever would you buy over inflated tickets to watch them??

**** no

The apocalypse must be coming early.
I find myself agreeing with this 100%

Your band analogy is spot on.

What odds that the a-league all stars kit is made by Nike, and sold for $150

pistolpete
10-12-2012, 09:40 PM

**** no

This is a very good point. I like to think I would go for the show but you are right I probably wouldn't bother

Grimario
10-12-2012, 09:47 PM

Depends, is the support band made up of bits and pieces of the best Australian music has to offer?

MFKS
10-12-2012, 09:51 PM
No its 11 dickheads who can't hold a note and can barely play their instruments anywhere near a respectable level

parksey
10-12-2012, 11:14 PM
Jesus, this is sad.

I for one actually think the all star thing is a good idea, especially the fact that it will be partly selected by the fans. Even if they weren't playing United I'd be very keen to see what happened in such a game.

ps: I was obviously joking, plague.

parksey
10-12-2012, 11:16 PM
ffa brings out the biggest football club in the world and introduces a cool concept like a fan selected all star team to play them and people complain about it.

this is what is happening right now.

Skirt Boy
10-12-2012, 11:21 PM
ffa brings out the biggest football club in the world and introduces a cool concept like a fan selected all star team to play them and people complain about it.

Considering they still have Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes on their books says a lot about this so called "Biggest Club" in world football.

Bremsstrahlung
10-12-2012, 11:36 PM
Oh dear. It's a sad day when people can't appreciate a world renowned football club coming to Australia.

Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of United. But, I am excited to see such world class players in the flesh.

I will gladly eat my words (and money) if they bring their reserve team, full of nobodies.

parksey
10-12-2012, 11:41 PM
Considering they still have Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes on their books says a lot about this so called "Biggest Club" in world football.

Considering those two men have won more league titles as individuals than Tottenham have as an entire club I think it does say a lot, actually.

Skirt Boy
11-12-2012, 12:35 AM
Considering those two men have won more league titles as individuals than Tottenham have as an entire club I think it does say a lot, actually.

Yeah it does. Club is so povo that players need to keep playing till they are dead.

seldom
11-12-2012, 01:28 AM
Might try and sly my way into a couple of training sessions.Always good to watch these pro teams train

Rocknerd
11-12-2012, 06:54 AM

This is such a retarded comment, I ddon't even know where to start.

Let's just leave it at Quality and Vintage are rare atributes in Sport and United are lucky to have two players of this calibre.

GazFish35
11-12-2012, 08:08 AM
Oh dear. It's a sad day when people can't appreciate a world renowned football club coming to Australia.

Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of United. But, I am excited to see such world class players in the flesh.

I will gladly eat my words (and money) if they bring their reserve team, full of nobodies.

I think its more the ticket prices and opposition that people don't appreciate. The Allstars concept is such an Americanised commercial thing it just doesnt sit well with the traditionalist in me.

In all serriousness the marketting gurus should demand the chepest tickets are listed first, when i red the email, the first thing you see is $189...... my head goes **** THAT..... and its very to sway me to keep reading. list the Cat C tickets first, "see ManU for $70" I keep reading.

plague
11-12-2012, 10:16 AM
As much as it doesn't do anything for me, the All Stats thing is the way to go for this type of event.
Hopefully it attracts a lot of casual fans and people from across all clubs rather than just fans from one club.
Won't hurt TV ratings/media interest if it embraces all 10 clubs as well.
I just hope and pray the FFA uses the occasion to convert the casual 'event' fans into A-League fans. At the very least the 4 NSW clubs should be given a big presence around this to let people know they exist.

Done correctly this can be a win/win for everyone.

plague
11-12-2012, 10:17 AM
Also, if its a fan voted thing we're all voting for Joel Griffiths to represent us aren't we?

Just clearing that up.

Rocknerd
11-12-2012, 10:21 AM
People need to take a deep breath and realize that when you're a supporter within the A-League, you are a supporter of Modern Football. THIS IS WHAT MODERN FOOTBALL IS ABOUT!!! MONEY

We all just got all happy dance about a new TV deal making more cash available to the clubs but we are now seeing even more games scheduled around viewer convienence.

Our league is loosely based on the MSL and how they operate and their Alstar matches are great successes. Anyone who has attended an exhibition match knows that Active supprt is non existent and it is about the spectical not the game.

do you really think that seeing ManU thrash Newy, Sydney, Victory, Brisbane or any other club is going to promote our game in a positive light? or is it going to give more power to Euro snobs to turn around as show us how crap the quality is in the A-league blah, blah,blah.

This game will promote football, squeeze large ammounts of money out of hipsters and Euro snobs pockets and feed it into our game to pay off the debt created by WSW and potentially create funds for future expansion if the experiment of WSW does pay off and they can find buyers.

/RANT

BTW got my tix, bay 21 Red active first row above restricted viewing. Right behind the goal.

Grimario
11-12-2012, 10:22 AM
As much as it doesn't do anything for me, the All Stats thing is the way to go for this type of event.
Hopefully it attracts a lot of casual fans and people from across all clubs rather than just fans from one club.
Won't hurt TV ratings/media interest if it embraces all 10 clubs as well.
I just hope and pray the FFA uses the occasion to convert the casual 'event' fans into A-League fans. At the very least the 4 NSW clubs should be given a big presence around this to let people know they exist.

Done correctly this can be a win/win for everyone.
It depends if they have a limit of X players per club deal set up... otherwise the most supported teams will dominate the squad. Can't wait to see Terry McFlynn and Leigh Broxham showcasing the A-League!

Also, ****s sake. When did I become such a bitter cynical ****? Has supporting the Jets done this to me? Argh. Can't even find the remotest interest in one of the world's biggest clubs coming to Australia.

MFKS
11-12-2012, 10:35 AM
Also, if its a fan voted thing we're all voting for Joel Griffiths to represent us aren't we?

Just clearing that up.

Like that idea

If its being done this way I feel we as football fans should get some movement going where we pick some absolute hack of an HAL player

ie we get a team of Broich ADP Heskey Rojas etc and say some hack like McFlynn/Pantaledis etc or some other dick who is playing in the Yoofs like Kwasnik and vote them in. Show up the absurdity of the idea by making it a farce.

Also if the FFA are paying for this shit then Man Utd should be playing WSW. Why because the FFA could direct a pile of fairweather new dawn fans to the WSW cause and build this club up. May also see them actually convince a buyer to come forward and take the club off their hands.

It is high time the FFA actually done a bit more to help the new sides in Heart and WSW bridge the gap between them and their city rivals. So they are more equals rather than red headed step children to Smurfs and Victree etc

WolfMan
11-12-2012, 12:49 PM
I think the "fan-voted" thing will be a portion of how the squad is selected.

eg. Counts for 25% of the full vote, managers of the 10 A-League teams also vote and the combined total is used to select the players.

Being held in June could be problematic as some of the better A-League players may have moved on overseas etc.

A novel idea, and despite being underwhelmed by it all, I will probably watch it on Foxtel.

As has been alluded to previously, this is geared towards both casual fans of football in an effort to pique their interest and perhaps become a member of their A-League club, and to the fans of the touring team (in this case, Man Utd.) giving them a chance to see their team play in the flesh.

The Dunster
11-12-2012, 12:59 PM
Jets need to give Slobs a contract as a guest player to make him eligible to play in the A-league all-star team.

Then and only then will I buy a ticket.

Grimario
11-12-2012, 01:14 PM
Being held in June could be problematic as some of the better A-League players may have moved on overseas etc.

Not to forget the aforementioned "game is same day as start of East Asian Cup" which would hopefully mean the A-League's best and brightest are off playing there.

LINGERA
11-12-2012, 01:45 PM
plague couldnt squeeze a fart out of that tight asshole

pistolpete
11-12-2012, 03:06 PM

When are Barcelona coming? That's awesome news. Well done FFA

plague
11-12-2012, 03:12 PM
plague couldnt squeeze a fart out of that tight asshole

What an odd comment.
You must know something obviously I don't.
Please explain.

parksey
11-12-2012, 06:37 PM
got my ticket in the active reds area so I can get the boys home

pistolpete
11-12-2012, 08:39 PM
got my ticket in the active reds area so I can suck heaps of cock

That is a true supporter right there. Well done

hawk
11-12-2012, 08:59 PM
This is just to get all the pedos into one arena so the cops can make easy arrests. Incester Utd will deliver.

Same stunt as the galaxy diarrhea that was served up.

Rocknerd
12-12-2012, 10:43 AM
That is a true supporter right there. Well done

Oh Pete, who hurt you, I know you're better than this. :blush:

In saying that, Tix apparently completely sold out after 15 Minutes.

See ya'll in July

pistolpete
12-12-2012, 01:41 PM
Oh Pete, who hurt you, I know you're better than this. :blush:

Really couldn't care less tbh just love stirring anticoasties ;)

Rocknerd
12-12-2012, 03:13 PM
Really couldn't care less tbh just love stirring anticoasties ;)

I just mean that an educated man like yourself should be better than dick and fart sledging.

pistolpete
12-12-2012, 03:42 PM
I just mean that an educated man like yourself should be better than dick and fart sledging.

But that is the best kind of sledging ;)

Rocknerd
12-12-2012, 04:15 PM
But that is the best kind of sledging ;)

Not the best just the easiest for the prols' to understand.

parksey
12-12-2012, 04:18 PM
what do you expect

he's a liverpool fan

pistolpete
12-12-2012, 04:22 PM
what do you expect

he's awesome

Cheers mate

demon
12-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Seems the FFA made a bit of an oversight with their instructions to Ticketek speaking to an IT mate who works for ebay here in Aus complaints were made about scalping occurring. The first one before 9.30 this morning.

Two tickets on sale for up to $3000 , you can imagine it. Well ebay went to FFA as they have a policy that they dont allow ticket to be sold for more than face value IF the event organiser made it part of the terms and conditions, which most do nowdays.

It seems the FFA weren't sure they had, so at this point people from around the country with no interest in our game are set to make thousands off true fans.

Bit amaturish by our FFA I think.

q-money
12-12-2012, 04:31 PM
eat a dick sokkah fans

just watch it on the telly like everyone else does

hawk
12-12-2012, 04:37 PM
People need to take a deep breath and realize that when you're a supporter within the A-League, you are a supporter of Modern Football. THIS IS WHAT MODERN FOOTBALL IS ABOUT!!! MONEY
yep

We all just got all happy dance about a new TV deal making more cash available to the clubs but we are now seeing even more games scheduled around viewer convienence.
yep

Our league is loosely based on the MSL and how they operate and their Alstar matches are great successes. Anyone who has attended an exhibition match knows that Active supprt is non existent and it is about the spectical not the game.
sadly, yep, cause its another c0untry where the majority hates football.

do you really think that seeing ManU thrash Newy, Sydney, Victory, Brisbane or any other club is going to promote our game in a positive light? or is it going to give more power to Euro snobs to turn around as show us how crap the quality is in the A-league blah, blah,blah.
good

This game will promote football, squeeze large ammounts of money out of hipsters and Euro snobs pockets and feed it into our game to pay off the debt created by WSW and potentially create funds for future expansion if the experiment of WSW does pay off and they can find buyers.
nice.

good for the game and celeb groupies. Instead of attending this farce sponsor a cow in a poor country etc....

Superdylan
12-12-2012, 05:10 PM
Reacon people will try and sneak into the ground or will security be crazy?

They also should consider having a giant screen right near this event.

toad
12-12-2012, 05:53 PM
i reckon heaps of people will try to sneak in ay

GazFish35
12-12-2012, 07:07 PM
It seems the FFA weren't sure they had, so at this point people from around the country with no interest in our game are set to make thousands off true fans.

Bit amaturish by our FFA I think.

Tinkler, Buckley, gallop who else?

Rocky
12-12-2012, 08:47 PM
Tinkler, Buckley, gallop who else?

Read this without reading the included quote, was quite amusing given the previous comments.

plague
16-01-2013, 10:04 AM
Bump.
Anyone who already has tix but doesn't want to drive down the travel world joint at Honeysuckle has a coach going down with seats available. Give them a yell if keen.