halo se7en
14-12-2012, 06:21 PM
Heart 1-0
Roar 2-1
Syds 1-1
Adelaide 6-0

Retro Jet
14-12-2012, 08:08 PM
Another fantastic...wot? 6? 7K at Browntongue?
FMD

Jeterpool
14-12-2012, 08:12 PM
It's a slow game. Heart showing little other than a long hoof at the moment

front2
14-12-2012, 08:47 PM
FMD

Yeah the crowd is huge for the runaway competition heavyweights. Wotif they put on a Jets strip and played at Hunter Stadium? 15k - 20k

Jeterpool
14-12-2012, 08:49 PM
Bolton :blush:

front2
14-12-2012, 08:51 PM
Highlight

Jeterpool
14-12-2012, 08:59 PM
McBreen really doesn't want that contract

Jeterpool
14-12-2012, 09:04 PM
FMD

Mustn't be dole week

MFKS
15-12-2012, 12:24 AM

Mustn't be dole week

Dole week non dole week does it really matter??

Once again the planets are ****ed

Newy Great support shit team
Gypos No support great team

Lord Griffo Signs for Smurfs
>>> Gypos to win GF

Hopefully the Mayans are right and can save us from this shitful event

On another note
Clint Bolton FFS??
Why does he never do that when he plays us???
Why does no one ever do that when they play us???

q-money
15-12-2012, 12:45 AM
sla at the pub...

"bojic is legit the shittest player in the world."

**** scores a double

"fmd"

selassie
15-12-2012, 10:52 AM
bring back stu.

Grimario
15-12-2012, 12:05 PM
sla at the pub...

**** scores a double

"fmd"

Yours truly was the same. His opening 10 minutes were awful, I muttered the same thing. Fxxxnng cxxxs

Retro Jet
15-12-2012, 01:52 PM
Dole week non dole week does it really matter??

Once again the planets are ****ed

Newy Great support shit team
Gypos No support great team

Lord Griffo Signs for Smurfs
>>> Gypos to win GF

Hopefully the Mayans are right and can save us from this shitful event

On another note
Clint Bolton FFS??
Why does he never do that when he plays us???
Why does no one ever do that when they play us???

'twas the Orange Dutch Bharstards Brisbane Roar who saved us from that fate 2 back then
AfterBirth Glory last season.
Me thinks the Red P!ssants are the only one's who can possibly shatter the yellow Peril's GF dreams this time around.

hawk
15-12-2012, 10:22 PM
'twas the Orange Dutch Bharstards Brisbane Roar who saved us from that fate 2 back then
AfterBirth Glory last season.
Me thinks the Red P!ssants are the only one's who can possibly shatter the yellow Peril's GF dreams this time around.

By years end someone will have the measure of the gypos. And will be playing in Melbourne. Unless the reds can host these days

seldom
15-12-2012, 11:33 PM
So get rid of NTS and our defence will flourish....WSW have had 8 goals scored against all season...whats the latest tally for jets and how many goals have been for poor CB marking or fvckups...shame newcastle shame

parksey
16-12-2012, 02:55 AM
sla at the pub...

**** scores a double

"fmd"

to be fair they were basically two own goals

Jeterpool
16-12-2012, 08:12 AM
So get rid of NTS and our defence will flourish....WSW have had 8 goals scored against all season...whats the latest tally for jets and how many goals have been for poor CB marking or fvckups...shame newcastle shame

Gary would find a way to leak goals with him there

Thomas477
16-12-2012, 08:27 AM

Could also be due to the quality goalkeeper he has behind him in Covic.

The Dunster
16-12-2012, 09:00 AM
Could also be due to the quality goalkeeper he has behind him in Covic.

I'm with Jeterpool on this one. GVE for whatever reason treats NTS like shit and forces him to play in a way that exposes his weaknesses.

Personally, I think NTS is playing pretty much the same way now as he did under Branko.

stopper2
16-12-2012, 02:30 PM
I'm with Jeterpool on this one. GVE for whatever reason treats NTS like shit and forces him to play in a way that exposes his weaknesses.

Personally, I think NTS is playing pretty much the same way now as he did under Branko.

2 seasons back NTS was one of the best CB's in the comp and was even starting to be discussed in Socceroos terms.Yes he had Ljubo there but Lubes did miss a lot of games in his last season with us. GVE takes over the next season and NTS is nowhere near the same player, looks unfit, uninterested and down in confidence. Gets shown the door here, moves to WSW under Popovich and all of a sudden is back to his best....can't be just a coincidence!!!

militiamon
16-12-2012, 03:22 PM
lol, how about all this revisionism going on around here.

Yeah NTS is totally one of the best CBs in the league.
Wehrman was a true gentleman, very respectful of the coach's instructions.
We won the GF in 2008 purely because of the squad (which included Nick Carle I am told).
Jorge Drovandi was actually a genius but GVE feared for his job when he saw his phenomenal skills and pace in person.

Of course, NTS looking good at the moment has nothing to do with the fact that WSW are also the lowest scoring team in the competition (yes, 4th and the have scored the least amount of goals) and that they are defensive as all ****.

Superdylan
16-12-2012, 03:43 PM
One of the best a-league atmospheres I've heard last night in the Sydney derby

Great to see a large crowd in attendance aswell.

De-Champ
16-12-2012, 04:15 PM

We won the GF in 2008 purely because of the squad (which included Nick Carle I am told).
Jorge Drovandi was actually a genius but GVE feared for his job when he saw his phenomenal skills and pace in person.

Of course, NTS looking good at the moment has nothing to do with the fact that WSW are also the lowest scoring team in the competition (yes, 4th and the have scored the least amount of goals) and that they are defensive as all ****.

Are you GVE in disguise?

WSW may be the lowest scoring team in the league, but they have probably created more chances than anybody else. they just can't finish.

halo se7en
16-12-2012, 05:09 PM
And clearly WSW are playing to their strengths and it's working. Without watching last night's derby, I did notice Beauchamp scored the second around the 80th min or so? 1-0 up, away from home and you have a defender scoring (I'm going to assume from a corner?).. doesn't sound too "park the bus" defensive to me.

GVE needs to learn what 'play to our strengths' means. Might help us avoid the spoon.

16-12-2012, 05:52 PM
Are you GVE in disguise?

WSW may be the lowest scoring team in the league, but they have probably created more chances than anybody else. they just can't finish.

Was kinda thinking the same thing but then thought nah just a relative maybe

seldom
16-12-2012, 06:12 PM

My point about NTS has nothing to do with egmonds coaching I just believe his abilities were underrated in newcastle especially last year.Sure he's no great ball player but do you need both of your CBs with messi qualities. The guy wins every ball in the air,can track when needed and is quicker than people give him credit for. He and Lubo complimented each other. WSW are defensive as all fvck...really...they're creating more chances than us. But by all means keep fappin over Mitchell and co.

militiamon
16-12-2012, 09:07 PM
I'll ignore the superfluous comments and just focus on the NTS issue for now.

I agree that he is a strong defender overall, and he has a pretty good reading of the game. The problem is he is a sloth, has the turning circle of the Titanic and on the ball he is one of the dumbest defenders out there. Now you guys might say "Well that's ok, he can just boot long balls all day", but the point is that in modern football where possession is the key, a defender who cannot pass or play under pressure is a huge liability. It only takes a team like Melbourne or Brisbane to apply a bit of pressure on a player like NTS and they suddenly go from being a good defender to a shit one.

The other problem is that there is a lot of short-termism going on around here. WSW win a couple of games, move up the ladder from 7th or wherever they were to 4th and are hailed geniuses. On the other hand, we lose a couple of games and go from 3rd to 6th and all of a sudden we're the worst team in the history of the league. It's all well and good to say NTS is great now, and Popovic is a superb tactician, but at the start of the season I thought NTS was quite bad, and WSW scored 1 goal in 4 games.

Things can change pretty quickly in football, but the comments lately have been far too reactionary to what is happening now without consideration of the bigger picture. I don't think GVE has done well overall this season, and our performances recently deserve to be criticised, but the hyperbole being used by some of the people on here is almost embarrassing.

Ok now I'm done, everyone else can get back to the the never-ending "ven egmod is an ideot!!!!", "play bridges with heskey and jeffers", and "gve did 9/11" comments.

pv4
16-12-2012, 10:43 PM
i agree militia. i was saying this the entire time nts was with us - i predicted he'd be shit without ljubo (and copped heaps for saying it) but it was quite obvious it was the case.

tbh i see similarities with regan also - scrappy defender, good at man-marking but overall does nae have the confidence, composure & ball-playing abilitiies to be a proper centre back in our modern-style game. he's a quite decent sub to bring on in a defensive game, but it's quite obvious the likes of chapman, tiago & even mitchell (yep) are well ahead of him in terms of ball-playing/composure on the ball which any/every decent a-league centreback nowadays needs to be considered good

halo se7en
17-12-2012, 10:14 AM
I'll ignore the superfluous comments and just focus on the NTS issue for now.

I agree that he is a strong defender overall, and he has a pretty good reading of the game. The problem is he is a sloth, has the turning circle of the Titanic and on the ball he is one of the dumbest defenders out there. Now you guys might say "Well that's ok, he can just boot long balls all day", but the point is that in modern football where possession is the key, a defender who cannot pass or play under pressure is a huge liability. It only takes a team like Melbourne or Brisbane to apply a bit of pressure on a player like NTS and they suddenly go from being a good defender to a shit one.

The other problem is that there is a lot of short-termism going on around here. WSW win a couple of games, move up the ladder from 7th or wherever they were to 4th and are hailed geniuses. On the other hand, we lose a couple of games and go from 3rd to 6th and all of a sudden we're the worst team in the history of the league. It's all well and good to say NTS is great now, and Popovic is a superb tactician, but at the start of the season I thought NTS was quite bad, and WSW scored 1 goal in 4 games.

Things can change pretty quickly in football, but the comments lately have been far too reactionary to what is happening now without consideration of the bigger picture. I don't think GVE has done well overall this season, and our performances recently deserve to be criticised, but the hyperbole being used by some of the people on here is almost embarrassing.

Ok now I'm done, everyone else can get back to the the never-ending "ven egmod is an ideot!!!!", "play bridges with heskey and jeffers", and "gve did 9/11" comments.

Just out of curiosity, what have you seen from GVE this season that gives you confidence? Nothing has changed from the start of the pre-season, except that our luck from those early season wins finally ran out - did anyone honestly think we deserved those early victories? Pretty much every team we beat were still pummeling our goal but with some luck, we managed to keep the ball out and hold on for dear life (or rely on terrible refereeing).

To continue with the WSW topic - they have been defensively solid all season.. even in the game against us in pre-season, we had to rely on a Neville cracker from 20+ yards, and then barely threatened their goal. They were unlucky to lose against us down there, and have beaten the champions TWICE, conceding NO goals in the process. WSW isn't just an example of "winning a couple of games".. it's an example of a coach who managed to put a team together on short notice, obviously knew how he wanted to build it, and did it with an emphasis on defence, and it's worked.

q-money
17-12-2012, 10:25 AM
big poppa and tez milicic were at the first game against adelaide in bay 1 - clearly took note of what not to do

WS have some real quality - hersi, ono & polenz will continue to get better

De-Champ
18-12-2012, 09:51 AM
big poppa and tez milicic were at the first game against adelaide in bay 1 - clearly took note of what not to do

WS have some real quality - hersi, ono & polenz will continue to get better

Profound statements by q-money