PDA

View Full Version : Manchester cVnted - Tablecloths go on top of the table

Pages : 1 [2] 3

parksey
23-04-2014, 11:04 PM
:rof: tbh I'm still in hysterics that you think United isn't a circus.

You're right on all counts though porksey. United definately isn't an old boys club. There are no old boys currently in charge of the team, no old boys planning to buy the team, none of that. I'm sorry I was so wrong

very weak comeback. definitely a good call for you to bow out, though.

GazFish35
23-04-2014, 11:53 PM
Pv4 have a look at the coaching staff of the arsenal youth set up before Jonkler arrived.

We have lots of glass houses at London colney, don't throw "old boys" stones anywhere!

pv4
24-04-2014, 07:06 AM
Pv4 have a look at the coaching staff of the arsenal youth set up before Jonkler arrived.

We have lots of glass houses at London colney, don't throw "old boys" stones anywhere!

I've never once said that Arsenal isn't, or wasn't, an old boys club.

I stated that I don't think Klopp is suited to Manure, and one of the reasons being the environment of an old boys club that exists at Manure.

Sorry for the weak comeback porksey, next time I'll just reply with:

:rof:

pv4
24-04-2014, 07:54 AM
Is there any truth to the rumours that Phil Jones has a clause in his contract that says if United don't qualify for Champions League, a buy-out clause of 10m is triggered?

Do you reckon any other United players would have similar clauses in their contracts? Could United have a bit of an exodus on their hands?

snake
24-04-2014, 08:05 AM
^^ do you reckon anybody would pay 10m for phil jones?

pv4
24-04-2014, 08:07 AM
10m for any English player who shows promise is nothing.

Usually in the EPL, a club will take what is the actual value of a player who is English and then add 10-20m on top of that value just to secure their services.

Have a look at City with that DiMichelis bloke - he has been pretty sub-par. 10m to sign an English player to replace him, that will make their traditional rivals weaker & will make them spend more of their money, and a further derailment to their longterm plan that Fergie setup, is a pretty good move IMO.

parksey
24-04-2014, 02:01 PM
I've never once said that Arsenal isn't, or wasn't, an old boys club.

I stated that I don't think Klopp is suited to Manure, and one of the reasons being the environment of an old boys club that exists at Manure.

Sorry for the weak comeback porksey, next time I'll just reply with:

so Klopp isn't suited to United because we're apparently an old boys club, but he would fit in at Arsenal even though you've just admitted that they're an old boys club.

right.

pv4
24-04-2014, 03:34 PM
I officially pull out of this race. Things I'm saying are not getting through, and misconceptions are flying all around the place.

If you are right, I am wrong is what you want to hear than that is what I'm saying.

GG porksey, kutgw

parksey
24-04-2014, 09:48 PM
i'd like for you to stop acting like you're too smart to have to mount a decent argument to support your bias claims about klopp not fitting in at united.

there's nothing for me to "get": you just haven't made a good point yet.

GazFish35
24-04-2014, 10:03 PM
http://img.pandawhale.com/102032-someone-is-wrong-on-the-Intern-vTAg.gif

pv4
24-04-2014, 10:15 PM

Premy
25-04-2014, 01:18 AM
i'd like for you to stop acting like you're too smart to have to mount a decent argument to support your bias claims about klopp not fitting in at united.

there's nothing for me to "get": you just haven't made a good point yet.
2 Hurdles in the way of United signing Klopp that I can't see them overcoming..
1- Dortmond Releasing him
2- United not being in any European Competitions

parksey
25-04-2014, 01:21 AM

now i remember why i used to have you on my ignore list

2 Hurdles in the way of United signing Klopp that I can't see them overcoming..
1- Dortmond Releasing him
2- United not being in any European Competitions

see, these actually make sense.

plague
25-04-2014, 09:54 AM
Uniteds inbox.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BlxP3WiCMAAMPl_.jpg

hawk
25-04-2014, 10:27 AM
Klopp isnt moving. van Gaal anyone?

pv4
25-04-2014, 10:57 AM
now i remember why i used to have you on my ignore list

:rof: so I actually up front state I have bias, I distinctly point out it is all my opinion, and I give reasons for my claims.

Which is greeted by you with swear words, demeaning posts & accusations of admitting things that were never admitted.

But yeah, please take the high road on this one

Jeterpool
25-04-2014, 11:19 AM
In my opinion, Manchester United need to get back into the Champions League quickly. If they don't I can see them going along the lines of Liverpool and really struggling to attract really top talent and it being a significant time before being able to get back there. No longer is the prem a 4 horse race. There are now, realistically, 7 teams vying for the champions league each year. It's no longer a guarantee as it was back when Liverpool, United, Arsenal and Chelsea were the only big 4.

I'm hearing similar things that Liverpool fans were saying while the club has been out of the champions league - "oh we're a big club", "they'll come because of the prestige of playing for us" or "if they don't want to play for us then that's not the sort of player we want playing here". Players are mercenaries and will go where there is a) big money or b) a team playing in the big competitions. It's a generalised statement but no longer are there a Steven Gerrard, Ryan Giggs, Frank Lampard type player who is loyal to the club 100%.

Manchester United will be in no doubt taking this decision lightly. They need to get it right because doing so could be detrimental for them.

Moyes is to United as Hodgson was to Liverpool (as was mentioned earlier). Liverpool then reappointed Dalglish which worked, at first, but became quickly apparent that he had been left behind in the game.

Van Gaal is a strong, sound choice but he won't be around forever. Someone i've said from the start is Laudraup. But his reputation of only being at a club for 2 years would concern me. As a smokey, would Neil Lennon be a consdieration? I wanted Klopp for Liverpool, as do United fans now want him for their team, but he's got something special at Dortmund and that's hard to leave.

I think it'll be Van Gaal.

De-Champ
25-04-2014, 02:24 PM
How is Frank Lampard loyal 100%. Wasn't he at West Ham at the start of his career?

Jeterpool
25-04-2014, 04:22 PM
How is Frank Lampard loyal 100%. Wasn't he at West Ham at the start of his career?

He was. I thought about him but John Terry might have been a better example. But you get where I was going, right?

pistolpete
25-04-2014, 06:06 PM

Why do you always have to pick tiny irrelevant parts of peoples posts to disagree on? You knew what he was saying. Find a new hobby cause it is getting old

parksey
26-04-2014, 11:04 AM
:rof: so I actually up front state I have bias, I distinctly point out it is all my opinion, and I give reasons for my claims.

Which is greeted by you with swear words, demeaning posts & accusations of admitting things that were never admitted.

But yeah, please take the high road on this one

MFKS
26-04-2014, 12:06 PM
Utd need a bloke who has been there done it that their players will respect like Van Gaal Mo Ancelotti Capello etc

Capello is probably long odds due to him working with the Man U players with England NT and the likeliness many will not be keen on him and his methods.

As for one out of left field who hasn't been there and done it but would command the respect of the players as he is a popular figure how about Harry Redknapp??

The bloke has never had the chance to coach a big club (spuds ain't one) and is always loved by his players and knows the EPL and the game

parksey
26-04-2014, 01:37 PM
redknapp is another who never really did anything. his sides usually play good football but that's about it.

GazFish35
26-04-2014, 01:40 PM
He'd send them broke.

parksey
26-04-2014, 02:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXnsuwrzp5Q

MFKS
26-04-2014, 04:39 PM
redknapp is another who never really did anything. his sides usually play good football but that's about it.

Bloke though had very little to work with as Spuds West Ham Pompey Southampton QPR ain't exactly expected to do much.

Won an FA Cup with Portsmouth and a couple of lower league titles in his career got spuds to UCL and a League Cup Final ( lost to man utd)

GazFish35
26-04-2014, 05:07 PM
Sent Portsmouth broke.

Has a dog for an accountant.

Can't read or write.

He could be a manure fan, but not to the boss.

pv4
29-04-2014, 11:18 AM

kutgw porksey

pv4
29-04-2014, 11:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXnsuwrzp5Q

Good video

Had a bit of a laugh, was well spoken, etc.

plague
04-05-2014, 05:24 AM
Giggs out.

hawk
04-05-2014, 10:28 AM
Why do you always have to pick tiny irrelevant parts of peoples posts to disagree on? You knew what he was saying. Find a new hobby cause it is getting old

cause or because....i'll get my coat. hey pete

Premy
23-05-2014, 09:03 PM
:lulzturtle: United claim deal for Kroos is done
:tongue: Deal falls through
:lulz: United try to take the high road and claim they don't want him
:yay: Truth comes out and Kroos says he was never interested in United.

:roflz::roflz::roflz:

plague
23-05-2014, 10:27 PM

Sounds like hes signed for Citeh instead.
http://photos.laineygossip.com/articles/promoting%20cruise%2010dec12%20%2025.jpg

('mon)

Premy
23-05-2014, 10:49 PM
Sounds like hes signed for Citeh instead.
http://photos.laineygossip.com/articles/promoting%20cruise%2010dec12%20%2025.jpg

('mon)
He would probably get a start at United

parksey
24-05-2014, 12:44 AM

yeah it didn't really happen that way but it's disappointing.

Jeterpool
24-05-2014, 07:10 AM

But is Kroos really telling the truth or is he trying to save face? Could seriously add any failed transfer name in there and that'd be pretty accurate. Thiago, fabregas...

plague
29-05-2014, 03:34 PM
Do any Man U lifers have any info whether Malcom Glazers death means anything for the club?

parksey
10-06-2014, 10:23 PM
just thought some people would like to reminisce on some good times

http://giant.gfycat.com/CheeryShinyCassowary.gif

Premy
12-06-2014, 10:13 PM
Hey Parksey genuine question I'm interested in your thoughts, seriously it's not a piss take.

With all the players United are being linked to I'm interested in what one's excite you as being future United players and what chance United have of successfully touting said players?

I'll give you a list of the names I've seen thrown around
-Bastian Schweinsteiger
-Toni Kroos
-Arjen Robben
-Thomas Mueller
-Mario Goetze
-Kevin Strootman
-Mats Hummels
-Luke Shaw
-Adam Lallana
-Cesc Fabregas
-Alexis Sanchez
-Marco Reus
-Yehven Konoplyanka
-Bruno Martins Indi
-Jordy Clasie
-Koke
-Miranda
-William Carvalho
-Mario Manduzkic
-Edinson Cavani
-Luis Suarez

parksey
12-06-2014, 11:06 PM
Hey Parksey genuine question I'm interested in your thoughts, seriously it's not a piss take.

With all the players United are being linked to I'm interested in what one's excite you as being future United players and what chance United have of successfully touting said players?

I'll give you a list of the names I've seen thrown around
-Bastian Schweinsteiger he's probably the most complete central midfielder in the world not playing for barcelona. it's not going to happen and is stupid paper talk.
-Toni Kroos i don't want to get my hopes up but he could be a viable option. very good player in a position in which we lack genuine quality
-Arjen Robben paper talk
-Thomas Mueller can't see him leaving
-Mario Goetze no chance
-Kevin Strootman was immense for roma before his injury and apparently we were looking at him when he was at psv. if he's fully recovered i'd definitely take him
-Mats Hummels please god
-Luke Shaw apparently almost a done deal even if he is reportedly being payed way too much
-Adam Lallana well he's set for liverpool but i'd prefer him to our wingers
-Cesc Fabregas would be a dream. however, he looks set for chelsea
-Alexis Sanchez perfect for us and not too expensive
-Marco Reus would no hands ejac if he signed. probably the best attacking player in the budesliga, which is saying something
-Yehven Konoplyanka don't know much about him to be honest
-Bruno Martins Indi strong possibility with his links to the in-coming coach
-Jordy Clasie same as above, haven't seen much of him either though
-Koke great player but will likely move to another spanish club, if any
-Miranda i'd love him, not sure of his availability
-William Carvalho very good prospect. strong, good feet, impressive dribbling. a lot of clubs will be in for him but i hope we get him.
-Mario Manduzkic good goalscorer. not sure if he'd suit us and we're not really short on strikers.
-Edinson Cavani not sure if he'd want to come here
-Luis Suarez genuinely don't want to see him play for united ever. great player but absolutely despicable human.

obviously it all depends on how much we have to spend. we can't really afford to be drawn into bidding wars. lack of champions league football could be a huge factor also.

i think we'll make a few big signings but right now it's not really clear which rumours are paper talk or legit.

Premy
13-06-2014, 05:46 AM
Yeah I think lack of CL is the big killer, being the first year out I can't see it deterring to many as United is still United. No CL but will mean you'll have to pay overs in wages if you want those calibers of players IMO.

plague
04-07-2014, 09:23 AM
Not sure if link will work but new United shirt leaked.
Something something parallels between United and the US car industry something something
http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/man_utd/194075/man-utd-201415-home-shirt-leaked-smart-effort-despite-chintzy-chevrolet-logo-photos.html

pv4
04-07-2014, 09:52 AM
Uhm, it's starting to like look an Arsenal kit

parksey
04-07-2014, 10:33 AM
yeah i've seen it before. the logo is pretty daft.

lquiquer
11-07-2014, 08:51 PM
Fergusson in his book said: "....Possession without penetration is a waste of time....."....I fear for ManU under New Dutch coach

GazFish35
11-07-2014, 09:01 PM
Heard manU and Nike are splitting next season. Is this true Parksey?

Can't wait for pv4's head the explode if they go with Puma.

pv4
11-07-2014, 10:39 PM

Word is they're getting adidas for twice the coin arsenal get from puma

plague
11-07-2014, 10:50 PM
Fergusson in his book said: ....I fear for ManU under New Dutch coach

Wait til he finds out Prem games don't have extra time and penalties.

parksey
12-07-2014, 12:29 AM

yeah. apparently they couldn't, or didn't want to, match adidas' offer.

i've always been a nike fan so it's a bit disappointing for me but adidas should be good. strange that nike have been binned by arsenal and utd in the past year.

plague
15-07-2014, 10:16 AM
Word is they're getting adidas for twice the coin arsenal get from puma

$1.28b (yes Billion) for 10 years.
People can bag them all they want but jeez that's a seriously good deal by the club.

parksey
15-07-2014, 11:35 AM
only 40mil less than what the glazers bought the club for.

pv4
15-07-2014, 11:54 AM
$1.28b (yes Billion) for 10 years.
People can bag them all they want but jeez that's a seriously good deal by the club.

It's 750m pounds minimum. But has the potential to increase, depending on things like Champions League, trophy wins, shirt sales, popular player signings, etc.

plague
15-07-2014, 12:12 PM
Read somewhere that shirt + Chevy deal means they make 2 x as much from thier shirt than they do from thier gate takings per annum.

Bremsstrahlung
15-07-2014, 12:31 PM
Interesting timing, very good deal considering it was their worst season for some time and no european football this year.
Wonder if they had of done better last year, what the deal would be worth.

(not having a dig)

Edit: just read pv4's post. never mind.

Jeterpool
20-07-2014, 03:14 PM
Van Gaal is introduced to his new squad

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x40/dezeeprice/vang.jpg

plague
18-08-2014, 03:08 PM
#moyesout

la bazzle
18-08-2014, 03:23 PM
Lololol but they won preseason games braaaa

Premy
19-08-2014, 07:03 PM
So looks like Di Maria is done, for £50mil but :roflz:

parksey
19-08-2014, 07:22 PM
you think that's too much for him?

also i haven't seen anything saying he's coming. it's rojo that's set to join.

lquiquer
19-08-2014, 07:31 PM
you think that's too much for him?

also i haven't seen anything saying he's coming. it's rojo that's set to join.

PSG said too much for them few weeks ago

la bazzle
19-08-2014, 07:45 PM
Losing the first game has made ManUre more desperate. They'll pay anything if it means they get some good positive press, rather then be the laughing stock and fallen giant they are at the moment (which is funny for everyone)

parksey
19-08-2014, 07:46 PM
yeah well they can't really talk considering they spent 50mil on david luiz

Premy
19-08-2014, 08:29 PM
Fabregas- £27mil
Sanchez- £35mil
Lallana- £25mil
Costa- £32mil

Di Maria- £50mil rumored £200,000 per week wage
Shaw - £ 30mil

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-paper-round-di-maria-can-join-032317237--sow.html

http://au.eurosport.com/football/premier-league/2012-2013/paper-round-di-maria-finally-en-route-to-manchester_sto4363478/story.shtml

Answer to your question. No I don't believe his worth that much, I'm sure I said a few months back that you'll find United paying overs if they want new players.

lquiquer
19-08-2014, 08:33 PM
yeah well they can't really talk considering they spent 50mil on david luiz

That worried me big time while watching the WC semi final!!!!!

Premy
19-08-2014, 08:37 PM
:lulzturtle: Now the Mirror are reporting the fee could be as large as £66mil
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-transfer-news-rumours-4073221

lquiquer
19-08-2014, 08:44 PM
PSG still in the picture with MU and Bayern also in the picture...... 65 M Euro is what Real is demanding. PSG trying to reduce the price.
http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Psg-complique-pour-di-maria/491488

Premy
19-08-2014, 08:45 PM
Fabregas- £27mil
Sanchez- £35mil
Lallana- £25mil
Costa- £32mil
Will add to this

James- £62mil
Surez- £75mil
Kroos- £20mil
Lukaku- £28mil

Premy
19-08-2014, 08:48 PM
PSG still in the picture with MU and Bayern also in the picture...... 65 M Euro is what Real is demanding. PSG trying to reduce the price.
http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Psg-complique-pour-di-maria/491488
Ancelloti is dreaming if he thinks Di Maria is worth that much, trying to get back the money he spent on James.

la bazzle
19-08-2014, 09:00 PM
Will add to this

Kroos- £20mil

Is that all they paid for Kroos?? Geeez thats a bargain these days, espesh compared to the others listed

Premy
19-08-2014, 09:02 PM
Is that all they paid for Kroos?? Geeez thats a bargain these days, espesh compared to the others listedfrom memory it was undisclosed but believed to be around €25-€30mil

parksey
19-08-2014, 10:23 PM
i don't even care about prices anymore.

16mil for rojo seems pretty fair, di maria is so expensive because he's in high demand.

the kroos deal was a bargain but only because real were the one side he wanted to join and bayern were happy to sell.

united have always been terrible with negotiations though.

Premy
20-08-2014, 05:35 AM
i don't even care about prices anymore.

16mil for rojo seems pretty fair, di maria is so expensive because he's in high demand.

the kroos deal was a bargain but only because real were the one side he wanted to join and bayern were happy to sell.

united have always been terrible with negotiations though.
Yeah the Rojo signing is good business which will probably be offset by the selling of Nani, still Sporting have to sell which it doesn't look like they want to.
Di Maria in demand? PSG have pasted him up, Bayern are linked to everyone and as if they need him & Juventus were only looking at him in the case they lost Vidal.
Di Maria is expansive because United are interested and every man and his dog know that United are desperate and have money. It's just like when Chelsea, City and PSG came into money every one new they had it so if they wanted their players they'll have to pay for it.

pv4
20-08-2014, 06:31 AM
16m for Rojo seems decent. Arsenal paid similar for Chambers ( :wub: ) but he had the 5-10m add-on for being English.

50m+ for Di Maria is huge, obviously, but in the context it's not that bad. Of course Manure have to spend overs - they don't have UCL this season! I thought Di Maria was one of the best Argentina players at the WC, particularly in the early games I thought only he and Mascherano actually turned up before Messi would do his thang in the 90th minute. One would imagine Manure could sell Nani & Shinji, get 20m or so for them two, and the price for Di Maria, who would replace both of them, doesn't seem too bad. Although in saying that, I can't see Manure selling Shinji regardless of how much gametime they aim to give him until they find another Asian player to buy, solely to keep a strong link with the Asian community.

plague
24-08-2014, 10:32 PM
So Welbeck can leave but not to a 'Top 6' club.
Guess he'll be signing with Man United then.

(I'll get me 'at).

snake
25-08-2014, 07:44 AM
50m+ for Di Maria is huge, obviously, but in the context it's not that bad. Of course Manure have to spend overs - they don't have UCL this season!

that shouldn't impact the transfer fee (unless they include a large signing on fee..) but will impact wage demands

i heard they're paying nani's full 100kpw wages for his loan to sporting lisbon, so add that to the 'true' price of rojo

plague
25-08-2014, 09:16 AM
#moyesout

hawk
25-08-2014, 09:17 PM
i don't even care about prices anymore. .
:shock:
but it matters when chelks and City spend up big?

parksey
25-08-2014, 10:53 PM
it used to

sadly we didn't do enough ground work in order to be able to bring new players through like we so famously did in years gone past.

we need a stop gap for now and then build for the future.

plague
26-08-2014, 09:00 AM
it used to

sadly we didn't do enough ground work in order to be able to bring new players through like we so famously did in years gone past.

we need a stop gap for now and then build for the future.

Agree.
To be fair to United, the chances of any club in the world ever having a repeat of that Class of '92 (was it '92?) are pretty much zero.
They struck lightning and rode it for 20 years, with the best British manager ever.
The new crop just aren't as outstanding as previous eras. United are now back to the pack. They'll be ok.

hawk
26-08-2014, 01:39 PM
I have nailed this for years, Ferguson is/was the key. I bet he could put together a rag tag side next year and nearly win it.

parksey
26-08-2014, 07:31 PM
his sentimentality (haha yeah) has also been our undoing to a degree.

that and moyes' pathetic management which destroyed a lot of confidence that had been built up over the decades.

we are spending big but it's not like we are buying a whole new squad like certain other teams have done.

pv4
27-08-2014, 06:56 AM
#daretoafobe

snake
27-08-2014, 07:12 AM
we are spending big but it's not like we are buying a whole new squad like certain other teams have done.

the thing is, you kinda need to

Premy
27-08-2014, 07:32 AM
4-0 up the Dons

pv4
27-08-2014, 07:35 AM
Joel Campbell last season, Afobe this season. Manure need to fear the Arsenal loan kids :rof:

pv4
27-08-2014, 07:40 AM
#moyesin

Premy
27-08-2014, 07:52 AM
£210mil in transfer fees in the last year on 6 players only to be beaten by the Don. :roflz:

Premy
27-08-2014, 07:53 AM
#siredwoodward

MFKS
27-08-2014, 08:05 AM
It is actually a blessing in one regard for Van Gaal. The bloke is gonna have to be ruthless now and rebuild the squad. It's all good and well laughing about it but it may well be the catalyst they need to turn the decline around. Would seriously expect an absolute gutting of his under achieving squad members.

Biggest issue I see is they are still not signing enough of the future stars on their way up. The big money/ big name signings need to stop and they actually need to sign the players who wish to step up and make a name for themselves.

The blokes are out there and Man U need to stop paying multi million pounds for blokes when they can get better results paying a quarter of the price

BodyNovo
27-08-2014, 08:08 AM
Wimbledon 2.0

Man U are ****ed

Should have signed fabregas or someone similar

That and hummels and they would walk the league

pv4
27-08-2014, 08:10 AM
did anyone watch the game, and able to comment on how Shinji went? I think it was yesterday or the day before I read comments from LVG about how Shinji can't do what he wants him to do. If he failed in the reserves team this morning, perhaps LVG may man up and sell him. The board of Manure won't like it though - they love having at least one high profile Asian player on their books for their big Asian fanbase.

plague
27-08-2014, 09:02 AM
#moyesout

plague
27-08-2014, 09:05 AM
and Member, all well and good to say sign this bloke and that but all the big names want Champions League football and United aren't there. United went after everyone last summer and got pretty much nowt for it.
Look at how long Liverpool took to get back in and that's cause they struck gold with Suarez.
Moyes' one horrific season looks like setting them back maybe 5-10 years.

MFKS
27-08-2014, 09:18 AM
and Member, all well and good to say sign this bloke and that but all the big names want Champions League football and United aren't there. United went after everyone last summer and got pretty much nowt for it.
Look at how long Liverpool took to get back in and that's cause they struck gold with Suarez.
Moyes' one horrific season looks like setting them back maybe 5-10 years.

But the big names is not what they need. They need at this time to make 5-6 signings of blokes who ain't big names yet step up to the plate and don't look out of place playing for the club.

FFS Continuing to spend 25-30 million pounds on one bloke when you could buy 2-3 for that money by actually scouring the market for blokes who are on the way up and don't have the profile is not getting them anywhere.

Signing Fellani Shaw Mata and now Di Maria has achieved **** all at halting the decline. Time to start looking for the smart signing not the name signings

pv4
27-08-2014, 09:24 AM
i thought the likes of jones, evans, smalling, cleverley, etc were meant to be SAF's future set up then and there, though?

Member - they have bought blokes of the nature you're referring to. Like Zaha is the best eg I can think of - and look how that has worked out.

Manures problem, to me (and I know it's not exactly original), is that they never replaced Scholes, much like Liverpool never replaced Alonso (and also the old boys club, but I don't want parksey to kill me for bringing it up again).

pv4
27-08-2014, 09:26 AM

Football__Tweet @Football__Tweet
The entire MK Dons squad cost just £235,000 - That's less than a weeks wages for Wayne Rooney. #MUFC

MFKS
27-08-2014, 10:17 AM
i thought the likes of jones, evans, smalling, cleverley, etc were meant to be SAF's future set up then and there, though?

Member - they have bought blokes of the nature you're referring to. Like Zaha is the best eg I can think of - and look how that has worked out.

Manures problem, to me (and I know it's not exactly original), is that they never replaced Scholes, much like Liverpool never replaced Alonso (and also the old boys club, but I don't want parksey to kill me for bringing it up again).

Buying blokes like Zaha is one thing. Buying blokes at that price who actually don't spend their time in the reserves and periphery of first team squad is the issue. It is up to the blokes with the IQ at the club to pick the players who are gonna succeed and in this MAN U have been shocking for many a year.

Nani Raphael Fabio Anderson Kagawa Zaha etc they have just filled their squad with blokes not cutting the mustard

Until they get this right they are going nowhere quick.

hawk
27-08-2014, 12:53 PM
Signing Fellani Shaw Mata and now Di Maria has achieved **** all at halting the decline. Time to start looking for the smart signing not the name signings

yeah Dimaria's done nothin, lol sell.

q-money
27-08-2014, 01:36 PM
congrats to MK dons for avoiding a potential banana skin on their cup run

parksey
27-08-2014, 02:02 PM
evans, jones, rafa and shaw should form a pretty decent backline for the future. we should sign at least one more experienced defender for now.

the centre of the park is still a major problem especially since cleverley has turned out to be abysmal. fergie put a lot of faith in him and he's just never gone on. that and letting pogba go were two huge mistakes.

up front is just not clicking. i think rooney or rvp has to go sooner rather than later; i dunno maybe lvg can make it work eventually.

we will get shaw and herrera back soon and di maria and rojo should be available for this weekend which could make a huge difference.

Grimario
27-08-2014, 02:18 PM
I think the biggest losers out of this result are Southend. They've lost the record of being the only club with a 100% record against Man U

plague
27-08-2014, 04:10 PM
But the big names is not what they need. They need at this time to make 5-6 signings of blokes who ain't big names yet step up to the plate and don't look out of place playing for the club.

FFS Continuing to spend 25-30 million pounds on one bloke when you could buy 2-3 for that money by actually scouring the market for blokes who are on the way up and don't have the profile is not getting them anywhere.

errrr, isnt that what every club is trying to do? Apart from maybe 5 clubs arent all the clubs in the world trying to find that 'world beater' who doesnt cost much? unfortunately those types of players get found out pretty quickly and all of a sudden youre paying over $100m for DiMaria. If Man u snared him for $25m everyone would be happy with it.
and another thing to consider is that rebuilding is the right thing football wise, but for a publicly owned club their share price might not be so patient.
again, the whole EPL owes David Moyes a huge debt of gratitude.

plague
27-08-2014, 04:12 PM
the centre of the park is still a major problem especially since cleverley has turned out to be abysmal. fergie put a lot of faith in him and he's just never gone on. that and letting pogba go were two huge mistakes.

this times 1000.

Frodo
27-08-2014, 07:16 PM
I think someone a few posts back needs to put down his controller and realise this is the real world. Man U have bought young players on the rise (Young, Powell, Zaha etc) They've bought experience in the PL (Van Persie, Fellaini, Mata etc) and they have bought big name imports (Kagawa, Herrera etc) in the last few years and none have sorted the problem.
Sir Alex gave them the belief that they could beat anyone in the world once they put on that Tartan Jersey... and stepped out into Old Trafford. Didn't matter if they were losing or winning they always believed they could win and they have totally lost that. Moyes isn't a terrible manager, he just didn't have any bravery or presence and he was beaten by the media before he walked into the change room. He compounded the problem but not having the skill to find his weaknesses, on the field and off, and fix them.
Van Gal was obviously looking at his back up players against MK Dons to see if any of them could play his system and obviously that didn't work out. I don't think Man U give two tosses about the Capital Cup, it's just a distraction from their only goal for the season. If they miss CL next year they will start to decline like Liverpool did. I think Van Gal has a pretty good grasp of what is going on and will sort it out in a month or so. But they definitely need to either find players to fit this new structure or find a new structure in the next few weeks. (Obviously days for finding new players)

Frodo
27-08-2014, 07:23 PM
I'm gonna go outside the box and say that they should either sign Vlaar or Winston Reid to put in the middle of their back four. You don't need to be super quick in that role, just have a great read of the game. I also think someone like Nzonzi or Gonolans would do well in their midfield, big enough to put in a tackle but mobile and can make that quick pass from defense to an attacking midfielder. Or convince Fellaini to forget all his attacking skills and focus on quick distribution instead of laboured runs out of defense.

parksey
27-08-2014, 09:54 PM
there's been a little bit of talk of vlaar and i'd welcome him. he seems like a good natural defender who has a bit about him from set pieces too.

furns
27-08-2014, 11:58 PM
When you play squaddies you have told are surplus to requirements and teenagers, what result do you expect?

GazFish35
28-08-2014, 05:52 AM
When you play squaddies you have told are surplus to requirements and teenagers, what result do you expect?

Wrong thread mate, our jets preseason is being discussed elsewhere.

parksey
28-08-2014, 08:45 AM

i'm not really that fussed about the cup match. the team we put out should have done the job, though.

plague
28-08-2014, 08:47 AM
LVG was on record not giving a toss about a World Cup 3/4 place playoff so he is going to give even less ****s about the League Cup. Agree though whoever is wearing the shirt the expectations are always that Man U should win games like those.

Bremsstrahlung
28-08-2014, 10:22 AM
Looking at Joe Allen for 20million

parksey
28-08-2014, 01:27 PM
haha no way

Bremsstrahlung
28-08-2014, 04:41 PM
True, he probabaly wouldn't wanna go there.

plague
28-08-2014, 08:47 PM
Geez if they can get United to pay £20m for Allen then Liverpool should be given some sort of business awesomeness prize.

(And the United board should be shot).

Thomas477
01-09-2014, 09:09 PM
Falcao is a bit of a shock.

Very happy though.

MFKS
01-09-2014, 09:53 PM
Man Utd are actually just actually flexing their financial muscle they usually didn't need to.

Think they ain't heading back to Europe next year think again. They may not win the EPL this season but they are gonna buy their way back into the elite.

Some **** is gonna miss out and Arsenal look the most likely of losing the UCL spot

Premy
02-09-2014, 09:47 PM
As you all may know I can't stand United and what I'm about to say comes with some level of bias behind it but that doesn't mean there is no truth to it.

Although Blind, Di Maria, Rojo and Falcao seem to be good signings it doesn't mean United are going to have instant success.
First off they all have to adjust to life in Manchester England something that isn't quite as attractive as Monaco, Madrid, Amsterdam and Lisbon respectively.
Second they also have to adapt to the BPL something that many of world class players have sometimes struggled to achieve.
Individually Rojo, is he really going to see much game time once the prodigal Shaw is back from injury and how is he going to handle his time riding the pine.
Falcao as quality as he is, every striker since the beginning of football is only as good as his service.
Di Maria from my limited knowledge of his career his been the supporting cast and had quality around him, how is he going to go being the main act.
Blind, if I was a United supporter he would be the one I have most concern with. It seems Blind has been bought in to plug up the defense taking either Jones or Smalling position, A player that has spent most of his career at DM or LB being bought in to marshal the defense would be concerning to me. Especially when he comes up against the likes of Costa, Sturridge, Aguero and Lukaku.

Sure you can right it of as saying "what would a scouser know" etc but all I'm trying to say is with this new signings it doesn't mean success will come over night.

parksey
03-09-2014, 09:53 AM
yeah, i'll give you adjustment time and i don't think we will push for the title, but you're pretty much off the mark on all points

rojo will play centre back
di maria made more chances than any other player in european football last season and has been a star for years
falcao should relish that service if he's fit
blind will play in midfield with herrera

MFKS
03-09-2014, 10:37 AM
yeah, i'll give you adjustment time and i don't think we will push for the title, but you're pretty much off the mark on all points

rojo will play centre back
di maria made more chances than any other player in european football last season and has been a star for years
falcao should relish that service if he's fit
blind will play in midfield with herrera

Out of ManUres buys the best one will be Blind

As for your reply to Premy for once Parkesy your bang on the money.

Rojo will be left sided centre back
Di Maria is a ****ing gun
Falcao as long as he is over the knee injury will kill it
Blind will be regarded as the best signing they have made in many years

Premy
03-09-2014, 12:35 PM
No doubt Di Maria is a good player but at Madrid he was surrounded by Coentrao, Khedira, Modric, Ronald, Benzema and Bale with all due respect to the current United squad they are hardly the quality he is accustomed to playing with.
As to Blind being the midfield master Member is eluding to, if LVG rated him as a holding mid he wouldn't of had him at LB for the WC.
How much time has Rojo spent at CB? Whose spot will he take Smalling or Jones?
Where does Mata, RVP and Carrick fit in?
IYO what's the strongest starting XI?

P.S not having a shot just trying to make some genuine conversation.

MFKS
03-09-2014, 01:07 PM
No doubt Di Maria is a good player but at Madrid he was surrounded by Coentrao, Khedira, Modric, Ronald, Benzema and Bale with all due respect to the current United squad they are hardly the quality he is accustomed to playing with.
As to Blind being the midfield master Member is eluding to, if LVG rated him as a holding mid he wouldn't of had him at LB for the WC.

Personally I don't see Mata fitting in anyway. I don't dispute he isn't a bad player I just don't rate him that highly.

Seriously doubt Jones is the issue. Bloke looks to me to holding his own at the club so struggle to see where the dislike is coming from.
As if Smalling is good enough though

Carrick is out at present and what makes anyone think the bloke is part of the longer term plan anyway?? The bloke is getting on and has to be on his way out

Why is their an issue with RVP. LVG Luvs him and the luv is reciprocated. To me the bloke who could be on the outer is Rooney. May see the bloke actually go back to CM and play the role Scholes did for years. probably mean more red cards for Rooney lashing out though.

As for Di Maria playing at Real Madrid you get stuck playing with the elite. Bloke though has played elsewhere in his career before RM

As for why LVG played him at LB for Holland at the WC. Ever consider it is a very important position in their formation and maybe LVG felt Blind was the best man to play there as he had other options to cover CM and that would benefit the team the most???

parksey
03-09-2014, 01:42 PM

the only real problem i see is what happens up front. rvp must be on his way to surgery with the signing of falcao so maybe there's not much of an argument. i'd prefer to be playing with falcao up top on his own and play a 4-5-1 with rooney on the bench.

as long as van gaal sticks with his 3-5-2 i think we will see this (when everyone is fit):

-----------------De Gea
---------Jones---Evans---Rojo
Rafa------------------------------Shaw
--------------Blind----Di Maria
-------------------Mata
-------------Falcao---Rooney

what i'd like to see

------------De Gea
Rafa---Evans--Rojo---Shaw
-------Blind----Herrera
Di Maria---Mata----Januzaj
------------Falcao

snake
03-09-2014, 08:38 PM
wuts your take on wellbeck, parkesy.

imo, diplacing arsenal are your best chance of finishing 'top four'. they were without their only striker for nearly half the season, yet they chose to sell directly to them.

do the man utd board not consider arsenal 'top 6' as per their previous statement?

imo, wellbeck is a serviceable - albeit wasteful - striker, whose overall goals will probably go up in a team who creates opportunities. would have thought the chance at champions league was worth more than the 16m or whatever the fee was. i assume the wages savings would be small too. the whole thing doesn't make sense to me...

pv4
03-09-2014, 10:39 PM
Is Welbz THAT wasteful though? Per 90mins I'm led to believe his strikerate is quite high (edit: according to the below link, per 90mins his strikerate is only bettered by sturridge, suarez and aguero from last seaspn). I also read he has a goal every 5 shots, which is better than Giroud at 1 in 8 and Balo at 1 in 10.

I thought Welbz's goals per game were misleading due to the amount of times he came on only as a sub.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/24/louis-van-gaal-would-be-wrong-to-let-danny-welbeck-leave-manchester-united-4843715/

parksey
03-09-2014, 11:18 PM
wuts your take on wellbeck, parkesy.

imo, diplacing arsenal are your best chance of finishing 'top four'. they were without their only striker for nearly half the season, yet they chose to sell directly to them.

do the man utd board not consider arsenal 'top 6' as per their previous statement?

imo, wellbeck is a serviceable - albeit wasteful - striker, whose overall goals will probably go up in a team who creates opportunities. would have thought the chance at champions league was worth more than the 16m or whatever the fee was. i assume the wages savings would be small too. the whole thing doesn't make sense to me...

Personally I wanted him to stay as he is a local lad and a good footballer.

He's had his critics for his poor finishing but I think he would have improved with more starts. It's undeniable that he did come up with some shocking finishes though.

The sale to Arsenal was pretty much because that's where he wanted to go. It's not ideal to sell to a rival but Welbeck wanted to leave by all accounts and he wanted to go to Arsena. We probably just thought it was best to let him go and maybe the Arsenal deal was the best on offer.

They probably didn't really think Welbeck strengthens them all that much. I guess only time will tell how the move turns out.

snake
04-09-2014, 06:35 AM
Is Welbz THAT wasteful though? Per 90mins I'm led to believe his strikerate is quite high (edit: according to the below link, per 90mins his strikerate is only bettered by sturridge, suarez and aguero from last seaspn). I also read he has a goal every 5 shots, which is better than Giroud at 1 in 8 and Balo at 1 in 10.

I thought Welbz's goals per game were misleading due to the amount of times he came on only as a sub.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/24/louis-van-gaal-would-be-wrong-to-let-danny-welbeck-leave-manchester-united-4843715/

fair enough. although supersub stats may be misleading because the game is being chased and the tactics are more positive (or in this case - at least getting it forward 'quickly')

perhaps my impression of wastefulness derives from a number of easier chances missed

defo think he'll do well at arsenal, since he'll be fed by a superior midfield and in girouds absence will be the main man

pv4
04-09-2014, 11:29 AM
True, hadn't thought of the late sub factor.

Time will tell, I guess! Every striker misses sitters at times.

Rocknerd
04-09-2014, 12:09 PM
Im shocked at WellBeck's departure, He's the lad you want on the team to show that local kids can make it. I get the whole football as a career thing and you want to be playing regularly but, ****. He's gonna be missed.

Also, terrible, 11 individuals at the moment, When we can start playing as one team we'll see United come back and I just don't see that happening with so amny new signings needing to "settle in" and key players returning from injury.

Why didn't we sell Fellini while we hade the chance! useless prick.

parksey
04-09-2014, 01:21 PM
http://giant.gfycat.com/SerpentineScaryFoxterrier.mp4

MFKS
18-09-2014, 11:56 AM
How did they go in the UCL this morning????

:roflz:

parksey
18-09-2014, 12:25 PM
heuheuheuheu

plague
18-09-2014, 02:31 PM
How did they go in the UCL this morning????

:roflz:

A zinger 20 years in the making.

plague
21-09-2014, 11:25 PM
Gosh if they keep playing Rooney, DiMaria, RVP and Falcao together they will be real fun to watch this year.

lquiquer
22-09-2014, 06:44 AM
Gosh if they keep playing Rooney, DiMaria, RVP and Falcao together they will be real fun to watch this year.

That was fun

plague
22-09-2014, 08:26 AM
Of course thier defenders are also fun to watch but that's more from a comedy point of view.
Shit call on the first pen though. Refs had a shocker.

plague
22-09-2014, 09:05 AM
Moyes out.

MFKS
22-09-2014, 03:31 PM
Was rather funny to see Man Utd on the end of some disgraceful refereeing decisions costing them he game.

How the **** did the fouls get missed in the lead up to both penalties???

Poor buggers though Robbed blind by a shit biased official

Payback is a bitch:roflz:

GazFish35
22-09-2014, 03:48 PM
They have to be on the end of plenty more bad calls before the ledger is square.

parksey
22-09-2014, 05:26 PM
yeah clattenburg was off his head but we just can't defend at the minute.

in saying that, the first penalty changed the game and we just crumbled under their relentless pressure. the crowd was going ballistic too.

i'm kinda lost for words about the game.

how about di maria's goal but

MFKS
22-09-2014, 07:03 PM
yeah clattenburg was off his head but we just can't defend at the minute.

in saying that, the first penalty changed the game and we just crumbled under their relentless pressure. the crowd was going ballistic too.

i'm kinda lost for words about the game.

how about di maria's goal but

It's ****ing Leicester FFS
Relentless Pressure my arse.

Man U were towelling them up at 2-0 and then Rojas was lazy allowing Vardy to get a cross in. The shit **** Evans stood their like a statue yet it was his ball to clear and Raphael was lazy not making much effort for the ball either for the first goal

Man U were then towelling them up 3-1 and then let in 2 goals against the run of play to level it at 3-3.

They then started to regain control and were undone by that useless Blackett. As soon as Mata coughed the ball up he made it easy for Leicester by deserting Vardy and tried closing the other bloke down 40 yards from goal for some reason despite having blokes tracking back he went for the hero play and got caught out

As for the next goal the dumb **** preceded to make a tackle from behind in the box WTF?? after himself getting caught out up the park by allowing someone to nudge him off the ball.

Be a good thing for Man U and their plastic fan base the bloke is suspended next week

Relentless pressure my arse. Leicester took their chances and were aided and abetted by soft shithouse defending from your plastic sides over paid hacks.

FFS Gallaway would not look out of place in that back line

parksey
22-09-2014, 08:25 PM
blackett's been one of our best this season

i guess that's indicative of our defence but he's impressed me a lot this year. pretty rich for you to blame 20 year old with no previous top flight experience; yeah he was probably at fault for the 4th goal but the only reason he was forced to chase back and foul vardy was because the shit **** had already fouled him up the field.

rojo was terrible, i'll give you that.

hawk
22-09-2014, 10:02 PM
love this Vardy lad. reminds me a bit of berish but lightening quick.

schlupp lol. always 2nds for him

MFKS
06-10-2014, 04:45 PM
Can I just point out right now that man u are in the UCL spots:rof:

How shit are the rest of the EPL sides??

lquiquer
06-10-2014, 05:10 PM
Can I just point out right now that man u are in the UCL spots:rof:

How shit are the rest of the EPL sides??

Or how good was there keeper last night!!!... 3 miracles save

parksey
07-10-2014, 09:39 AM
back where we belong m8

plague
07-10-2014, 11:08 PM
Roy Keane is the best.

De-Champ
08-10-2014, 11:55 AM
back where we belong m8

In 4th position????

parksey
08-10-2014, 01:39 PM
In 4th position????

above arsenal and liverpool

pv4
08-10-2014, 01:47 PM
above arsenal and liverpool

Interesting to note though, if you consider the biggest clubs of the league to be: Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Man City, Manure, Sp*rs..

Out of Manure, Liverpool & Arsenal, here is the list of those big clubs each club has faced so far:
Arsenal: Everton, City, Sp*rs, Chelsea
Liverpool: Everton, City, Sp*rs
Manure: Everton

Premy
08-10-2014, 02:39 PM
Interesting to note though, if you consider the biggest clubs of the league to be: Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Man City, Manure, Sp*rs..

Out of Manure, Liverpool & Arsenal, here is the list of those big clubs each club has faced so far:
IMO Saints deserve to be in that list.

pv4
08-10-2014, 02:46 PM

IMO Saints deserve to be in that list.

If you wanted to include them, feel free, but in the context of the argument it wouldn't help Manure's case. It would just level Liverpool and Arsenal to 4 each, and Manure still to 1.

Early days and all that, but it's clear to see Manure have had a pretty neat draw thus far to get them "where they belong" - 1 point ahead of two teams with much harder draws so far.

parksey
08-10-2014, 02:46 PM
i believe leicester should be in that list

parksey
08-10-2014, 02:53 PM
but yeah if you want to take things seriously, we have had an "easier" draw so far.

we've got chelsea and city coming up soon so that will give everyone a better gauge.

having said that, i'm actually loving the way we are playing. we're unsurprisingly leaky at the back given we have little experience in that area, but going forward we look lethal. the people comparing lvg to moyes after the first few games were clearly taking the piss but the difference between the two eras is stark to anyone who followed the team throughout the last year.

moyes set the team out to not lose whereas it's clear that lvg wants to win.

leftrightout
09-10-2014, 09:36 AM
whereas it's clear that lvg wants to win.

Just not very good at it, thats all.

parksey
09-10-2014, 01:32 PM
seems to be going ok at the moment

De-Champ
09-10-2014, 09:41 PM
but yeah if you want to take things seriously, we have had an "easier" draw so far.

we've got chelsea and city coming up soon so that will give everyone a better gauge.

having said that, i'm actually loving the way we are playing. we're unsurprisingly leaky at the back given we have little experience in that area, but going forward we look lethal. the people comparing lvg to moyes after the first few games were clearly taking the piss but the difference between the two eras is stark to anyone who followed the team throughout the last year.

moyes set the team out to not lose whereas it's clear that lvg wants to win.

There was a lot more to it than that. Moyes had how much money available to spend??? compared with LVG who has spent a fortune so far and will probably spend more in January.
I wonder if LVG would play (as you say) to win if he had Moyes squad? and if Moyes would play to not lose if he had LVG squad.

plague
09-10-2014, 10:24 PM
There was a lot more to it than that. Moyes had how much money available to spend??? compared with LVG who has spent a fortune so far and will probably spend more in January.
I wonder if LVG would play (as you say) to win if he had Moyes squad? and if Moyes would play to not lose if he had LVG squad.

Wot?
Moyes inherited a title winning team then brought in the players he wanted (and lost out the others probs cause they didnt want to play for Moyes).
LVG inherited Moyes' mess and brought in his own players.

Anyone thinking Moyes was anything less than an abject failure in the job has rocks in his head and is a flamin gallah*

*(copyright Alf Stewart c/o Summer Bay).

parksey
10-10-2014, 09:26 AM
yep.

one of the main reasons we have spent so much money under lvg is because moyes left the squad in such a mess.

anyway, maybe try watching united play now and compare it to last season instead of basing your opinion on a few stats you saw.

De-Champ
10-10-2014, 04:29 PM
Wot?
Moyes inherited a title winning team then brought in the players he wanted (and lost out the others probs cause they didnt want to play for Moyes).
LVG inherited Moyes' mess and brought in his own players.

Anyone thinking Moyes was anything less than an abject failure in the job has rocks in his head and is a flamin gallah*

*(copyright Alf Stewart c/o Summer Bay).
Are you for real??
I am not arguing Moyes was/wasn't a failure.
He did not have the budget that LVG has/had.

De-Champ
10-10-2014, 04:33 PM
yep.

one of the main reasons we have spent so much money under lvg is because moyes left the squad in such a mess.

anyway, maybe try watching united play now and compare it to last season instead of basing your opinion on a few stats you saw.

I have not seen Man utd paly this year or last year. I have not seen the stats either, I do not know where you got that from.
My view was based on the money that has been spent on the two squads. I have not checked who spent more, but I am pretty sure Di-Maria and Falcao alone would probably have cost more than what Moyes spent.

furns
10-10-2014, 04:56 PM
yep.

anyway, maybe try watching united play now and compare it to last season instead of basing your opinion on a few stats you saw.sorry porksey but that's codswollop. Moyes purchased all of two players.
Your issues are because Sir Whiskey Nose kept giving all his geriatric players new contracts in his final few years. When they all left - you were screwed because there was zero succession planning or blooding of new players to ensure replacements were ready.

plague
10-10-2014, 05:48 PM
sorry porksey but that's codswollop. Moyes purchased all of two players.
Your issues are because Sir Whiskey Nose kept giving all his geriatric players new contracts in his final few years. When they all left - you were screwed because there was zero succession planning or blooding of new players to ensure replacements were ready.

From memory there were a few other decent names that Moyes was openly targeting (Reus/Fabregas/Kroos) but those signings didnt eventuate.
Moyes' inability to bring players in probably had more to do with his pull as a manager and being the bloke who spent $50 odd million on Fellani. I dont remember the club ever coming out saying the money wasnt there.
If you are the manager at United/City/Chelsea and to a lesser extent Arsenal and Liverpool you dont get to have an excuse.

To make out that the loss of the likes of Ferdinand (rubbish for 5 years now), Scholes (he retired before and they still went alright) and Giggs (20 minute player at best) changed the landscape entirely isnt right imo. Vidic you could argue but really, one bloke causing all that kerfuffle? not likely.

I reackon Fergi gave quite a few younguns a shot in his last 2 years (Smalling, Jones, Wellbeck, Januzaj) and they still won the title.

parksey
10-10-2014, 11:29 PM
sorry porksey but that's codswollop. Moyes purchased all of two players.

yeah that's not at all true.

i've talked before about the young players in the side. they were either destroyed by moyes last season (smalling), never lived up to their potential (cleverley, welbeck) or weren't even given a chance (zaha, lingard).

in regards to transfers, the fact that he could only pull off two signings over two transfer windows speaks volumes about his appeal as a manager.

Premy
11-10-2014, 07:44 AM
IMO Moyes isn't to blame for the failed transfers, that blame goes to Woodward. Hell he even fail in the latest transfer widow, he missed out on countless targets (you can deny it parksey but everyone knows Blind is the only one of all the summer transfers that LVG wanted when he started and he missed out everyone else he wanted)
Falcao landed in his lap after Real tap him up to force a move and then balked at the last minute.
Di Maria he paid £30-£35 million to much for after there only opposition on getting him PSG couldn't afford him due to FFP
Shaw he paid overs, for a bloke that openly admitted he wanted to move to United but Woodward couldn't sit on the £20mil evaluation of the kid and bowed to the might of Southampton. Now LVG has a bloke that he doesn't rate as a defender but is pressured to play him as his the future of the club, not to mention Tony Hibbert made him look second rate.
Herrera seems to be another one that LVG didn't want but still got as Woodward tried but failed to get him in 2013 to eventually get his man a year later.
Rojo signing just makes £30mil for Shaw even more laughable as the season goes on I think you find Rojo will be Shaws replacement for half the price.

parksey
12-10-2014, 12:31 PM
missed out on countless targets?

like who? hummels?

also, i will not hear a word about paying "too much" for di maria.

parksey
13-10-2014, 03:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKLC7ITp3T0

De-Champ
13-10-2014, 04:20 PM

like who? hummels?

Vidal comes to mind, considering they were also linked to Reus from Dortmund, and a host of others including Stootman from Roma, Benatia from Roma Lichtenstiner (spelling) from Juventus and just about every other player going around

Premy
13-10-2014, 04:34 PM

like who? hummels?

-Aturo Vidal
-Bastian Schweinsteiger
-Toni Kroos
-Arjen Robben
-Thomas Mueller
-Mario Goetze
-Kevin Strootman
-Mats Hummels
-Cesc Fabregas
-Marco Reus
-Bruno Martins Indi
-Jordy Clasie
-Koke
-Miranda
-William Carvalho
-Edinson Cavani

parksey
13-10-2014, 05:23 PM
haha come on. as if we were in serious negotiations for all of those players.

De-Champ
14-10-2014, 09:47 AM
haha come on. as if we were in serious negotiations for all of those players.

It did not get to the negotiation stage. But Utd were interested in all of them plus more.

parksey
14-10-2014, 12:17 PM
united and everyone else in world football. i'll give you hummels and vidal (even though it appears that lvg may have blocked the vidal move due to fitness concerns).

on a different note:

http://33.media.tumblr.com/1d2df0d3c7122dedbcfd6074de7f8214/tumblr_ncz5vt4Vvm1t17j4bo1_400.gif

De-Champ
14-10-2014, 07:44 PM
united and everyone else in world football. i'll give you hummels and vidal (even though it appears that lvg may have blocked the vidal move due to fitness concerns).

on a different note:

http://33.media.tumblr.com/1d2df0d3c7122dedbcfd6074de7f8214/tumblr_ncz5vt4Vvm1t17j4bo1_400.gif

Strootman there was an agreement between him and the club, but Palotta blocked the deal. Not to mention Pogba, Benatia and a host of others. You would have to be really naive to think that LVG did not miss out on players.

parksey
14-10-2014, 11:30 PM
of course we missed out on a few guys but you two are exaggerating. everyone missed out on players.

also we didn't sign strootman because he literally can't play football until january.

De-Champ
15-10-2014, 09:43 AM
You have changed your tune a bit. From going from missing out on who? to everyone misses out on players. So they did miss out on players after all.

pv4
15-10-2014, 10:18 AM
-Aturo Vidal
-Bastian Schweinsteiger
-Toni Kroos
-Arjen Robben
-Thomas Mueller
-Mario Goetze
-Kevin Strootman
-Mats Hummels
-Cesc Fabregas
-Marco Reus
-Bruno Martins Indi
-Jordy Clasie
-Koke
-Miranda
-William Carvalho
-Edinson Cavani

Everyone knows I love a good Manure bashing and a parksey windup but that list is nothing but a shortlist. I don't think anyone could seriously say Manure "missed out" on half of those - I'd even bet half of that list, even before Manure thought about them, told their agent "not England".

parksey
15-10-2014, 01:50 PM
You have changed your tune a bit. From going from missing out on who? to everyone misses out on players. So they did miss out on players after all.

not really considering i named a few guys that we did miss out on.

i took exception to premy saying lvg didn't get any of his "real" targets.

MFKS
15-10-2014, 03:28 PM
Yeah but WLG how many of those blokes on that list are real transfer targets and the rest complete shit that journos make up to fill column inches and agents make up rumours to push deals/interest??

plague
21-10-2014, 09:42 PM
Attn Parksey:
Uniteds next 4 games.
vs Chelsea
@ Citeh
vs Palace
@ Arsenal.

How many points will they get?
I'll be bold and say 7.

thoughts?

parksey
22-10-2014, 10:49 AM
i'd like to say we can beat chelsea but they're just so well organised so i'll hope for a draw providing our defence holds up.

city will beat us.

palace i hope will be a comfortable win.

arsenal i'm confident, even at the emirates.

so 7 points would be really good. i think we were rather unlucky on the weekend so i'm not too disappointed with the result. we will come out strong at home against chelsea.

MFKS
22-10-2014, 04:04 PM
I expect Man Ure to do better than expected in this period.

Common consensus is they will only get the 3 V Palace but I expect them to get a result or two out of the Man C Chelsea or Arsenal games.

Reality is they will not win the League this season. They can still beat anyone on their day though

plague
22-10-2014, 04:57 PM
I think they will do Palace and Arsenal and get a point from city.
Chelsea though, geez they are good right now. They are playing anti murinho football. Good to watch (Fabregas and Hazard phwoar).
Chelsea now paying $1.50 to win it all.

parksey
22-10-2014, 05:41 PM
I don't think Chelsea will come out and attack, though. When they played City they were very conservative.

Mou knows how vulnerable we are at the back and will probably set up to contain our attacking threats and kill us on the counter.

MFKS
23-10-2014, 06:55 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10374434_733121263409677_3213371347697336399_n.jpg ?oh=3e5aa18e813b0677b481568bdf49d9fb&oe=54ACBEC8&__gda__=1421016226_8a134eac0d23427b0598d1f28c58e8c 1

parksey
23-11-2014, 01:47 PM
7 points was a good call

yeah the boys

Bluebeard
23-11-2014, 04:16 PM
7 points was a good call

yeah the boys

Good call, however, Predicting 4 games does not make a Nostradamus moment, where will they finish at the end of the season?
What will Man U supporters deem acceptable?
What will the owners deem acceptable?
I don’t think finishing above Liverpool is setting the bar high enough as most teams will see that as possible this season.

plague
23-11-2014, 06:49 PM
Good call, however, Predicting 4 games does not make a Nostradamus moment, where will they finish at the end of the season?

Still say easily Champions League spot.
Prob 3rd.
the Blind injury is a big setback though, good player that bloke.

Bluebeard
23-11-2014, 07:44 PM
Still say easily Champions League spot.
Prob 3rd.
the Blind injury is a big setback though, good player that bloke.

It is interesting this year as Southampton has surprised most of us with their position and good luck to them, and will they be able to maintain their run over the challenging Christmas fixtures? Will having no European commitments help them?
With the Arse and Pool struggling at this moment in time can Newcastle, Everton and Swansea step up?
For arguments sake Champions Chelsea what about the chasing pack?
This is probably in the wrong thread

parksey
24-11-2014, 02:22 PM
What will Man U supporters deem acceptable?
What will the owners deem acceptable?
I don’t think finishing above Liverpool is setting the bar high enough as most teams will see that as possible this season.

i think they way we've performed against chelsea, city and arsenal in recent weeks has given me a lot of confidence that we will be in the top 4 come may.

the main hurdle for us has been our injuries, which quite frankly have been unbelievably unlucky. we have 12 players currently out inured if i remember correctly.

hawk
27-11-2014, 08:22 PM
i think they way we've performed against chelsea, city and arsenal in recent weeks has given me a lot of confidence that we will be in the top 4 come may.

the main hurdle for us has been our injuries, which quite frankly have been unbelievably unlucky. we have 12 players currently out inured if i remember correctly.

more like have been lucky lately

parksey
27-11-2014, 08:57 PM
i'll bite

how so?

MFKS
09-12-2014, 07:43 PM
Man Utd are actually just actually flexing their financial muscle they usually didn't need to.

Think they ain't heading back to Europe next year think again. They may not win the EPL this season but they are gonna buy their way back into the elite.

Some **** is gonna miss out and Arsenal look the most likely of losing the UCL spot

Correction it will most likely be
Liverpool and Arsenal

Bremsstrahlung
29-12-2014, 04:38 PM
Rumoured: Bale for De Gea + $$$, you want this to happen?
De Gea has won you guys a fair few points this season.

MFKS
25-01-2015, 04:31 PM
Notice they were held to a draw by Cambridge in the FA Cup and Cambridge were coached by Richard Money of all people:shock:

MFKS
17-02-2015, 04:48 PM
Good dive by Rooney this morning.

Sebastian Ryall would be so proud:blush:

De-Champ
17-02-2015, 09:00 PM
There was a player offside in one of the other goals as well.

MFKS
17-02-2015, 09:08 PM
There was a player offside in one of the other goals as well.

That was Rooney also

Premy
10-03-2015, 09:17 AM
Di Maria :lol:

pv4
10-03-2015, 09:18 AM
Januzaj has more yellows for diving than goals for Manure

parksey
10-03-2015, 12:16 PM
bad luck today lads chin up

parksey
10-03-2015, 02:28 PM
thoughts on van gaal's first season?

seems like he's been trying to steady our defence, which has admittedly improved as the season went on. we are quite hard to beat these days.

attack wise he hasn't been helped by di maria and falcao both significantly under-performing, but we have been lacking in creativity despite dominating possession in most of our games. his decision to freeze out mata has hurt us, even if he too hasn't been terrific for us.

tactically he has been an improvement on moyes, as has his mentality. his substitutions have been a massive issue which was again evident this morning; two needless changes at half-time which left him hamstrung late in the match.

pv4
10-03-2015, 02:38 PM
Judging from my point of view, having a guy like Fellaini at #10 whilst having Mata riding the pine is a big issue and an indication into how much the philosophy has changed since SAF left. SAF used to play like 4 strikers, and Manure were successfully direct in attack, but it's completely changed now. That boo when Manure backpassed it from a corner the other day is an eg of what I'm trying to say.

plague
10-03-2015, 07:53 PM

never seen a team with so many underperforming/nonperforming players still sitting quite comfortably in the top 4.
lord help the rest of the league if they ever start clicking.

LVG has done better than the last bloke.
Stubbins and Gillard have both given him the "moving forward" seal of approval.

hawk
10-03-2015, 08:08 PM

seems like he's been trying to steady our defence, which has admittedly improved as the season went on. we are quite hard to beat these days.

attack wise he hasn't been helped by di maria and falcao both significantly under-performing, but we have been lacking in creativity despite dominating possession in most of our games. his decision to freeze out mata has hurt us, even if he too hasn't been terrific for us.

tactically he has been an improvement on moyes, as has his mentality. his substitutions have been a massive issue which was again evident this morning; two needless changes at half-time which left him hamstrung late in the match.

still lacking shape and interplay. eg arsenal. but still comfortably 4th.

not far off but it sounds like he'll spend more to buy the comp but is there any other option these days

parksey
11-03-2015, 02:33 PM
Judging from my point of view, having a guy like Fellaini at #10 whilst having Mata riding the pine is a big issue and an indication into how much the philosophy has changed since SAF left. SAF used to play like 4 strikers, and Manure were successfully direct in attack, but it's completely changed now. That boo when Manure backpassed it from a corner the other day is an eg of what I'm trying to say.

if anything i think he's tried to be too attacking to the detriment of the team.

he's tried to fit rooney, rvp and falcao into the same side, as well as di maria and even mata when possible. that created a lack of balance in the team, and fellaini has actually rectified that to an extent and played quite well of late.

mata is a luxury player and only performs at his best when he is in a system that suits his strengths. i'd much rather have seen him playing where rooney has all year, with wayne up front as centre forward is clearly his best position at this stage in his career.

i wouldn't say our shape has been a problem at all, hawk. if anything we're far too rigid and our flair players are being marginalised.

hawk
12-03-2015, 01:40 AM
if anything i think he's tried to be too attacking to the detriment of the team.

he's tried to fit rooney, rvp and falcao into the same side, as well as di maria and even mata when possible. that created a lack of balance in the team, and fellaini has actually rectified that to an extent and played quite well of late.

mata is a luxury player and only performs at his best when he is in a system that suits his strengths. i'd much rather have seen him playing where rooney has all year, with wayne up front as centre forward is clearly his best position at this stage in his career.

i wouldn't say our shape has been a problem at all, hawk. if anything we're far too rigid and our flair players are being marginalised.

hmm shape was the consensus from the pros as well. That also involves movement, transition etc. mata on the bench is good news......for everyone else.

pv4
23-03-2015, 09:59 AM
Mata

GazFish35
23-03-2015, 10:06 AM
Mata

pfft.

keeper was 100% at fault IMO.

:)

De-Champ
23-03-2015, 10:08 AM
pfft.

keeper was 100% at fault IMO.

:)

What BK??

plague
23-03-2015, 10:26 AM
Mata

In a piece of coaching brilliance, LVG discovers that using your best players tends to give you a better chance of winning games.

MFKS
23-03-2015, 12:03 PM
hmm shape was the consensus from the pros as well. That also involves movement, transition etc. mata on the bench is good news......for everyone else.

The day words come back to bite you fair in the arse :rof:

parksey
23-03-2015, 03:20 PM
what a game

parksey
23-03-2015, 03:27 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CAtxataXIAATboA.jpg

parksey
23-03-2015, 03:29 PM
Stevie Me's heat-map for the match

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CAtXTnoUcAEE98H.png

Jeterpool
23-03-2015, 03:35 PM
Stevie Me's heat-map for the match

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CAtXTnoUcAEE98H.png

plague
23-03-2015, 03:37 PM
stevie me's heat-map for the match

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/catxtnoucaee98h.png

more!!!!!
More!!!!!!
More!!!!!!

lquiquer
23-03-2015, 03:57 PM
We said Gosford not Anfield !!!!!

hawk
23-03-2015, 11:10 PM
The day words come back to bite you fair in the arse
why?

:facepalm: open mouth to change feet again. that was the game manu stuffed up. teams can play sh1t some weeks then great the next. reds played like jets, no problem and just the usual.

carn chelks

parksey
06-04-2015, 10:17 AM
I think we're gonna do City this week.

De-Champ
06-04-2015, 12:38 PM
City at home then Chelsea away....interesting two matches...can cement spot in top 4 or slip down

plague
06-04-2015, 01:05 PM
I think we're gonna do City this week.

I don't think Chelsea will beat you either.
Interesting times for your boys.

parksey
06-04-2015, 01:24 PM
the big turning point for us of late has been van persie's injury and van gaal finally dropping falcao and di maria.

bringing mata and herrera back in along with carrick and fellaini has been a godsend as the team now has balance. rooney has relished his role as the lone striker and the others i just mentioned are all flourishing.

in a perfect world we'd have an in-form di maria playing where young is but right now you can't really justify it. it's been good to see angel playing with a bit of desire off the bench in the past few matches, something he'd seemingly lost for the last few months.

the defence is still a bit shonky but always improving. rojo and jones should be our first choice centre backs and i'm a big fan of daley blind wherever he plays - he's been our best signing this season. it's a shame that luke shaw hasn't had the best season but he is only 22 and will get his chance.

parksey
06-04-2015, 01:27 PM
in regards to city, i think there will be goals. it's hard to pick them at the moment.

i think the key will be to pass the ball quickly as they're an ageing side and the likes of toure just don't have the legs anymore. herrera and mata will be key, as will fellaini in an expected battle with kompany (who can be a liability at times).

chelsea are also ripe for the picking but i think they will bring their a-game for us and arsenal.

plague
06-04-2015, 01:53 PM
Yeah can't say I've watched a lot of Man U this year (their early season games were pretty stinky) but playing Rooney in his best position, getting Mata on the park seemed to be no brainers. Agree fitting RVP in their somewhere stuffed things around.
Side looks good now. Agree with Blind and Herrera, I think they are quality players.
Didn't take long for them to recover from last year, says a lot about perennial underachievers like Spurs and Liverpool.

Don't worry about Coty, they are just David Silva and a bunch of dudes at the moment.

Chelsea will prob just go into their 'don't lose' formation. I think they are there to be had. They'll still win the title though.

hawk
06-04-2015, 03:55 PM
I don't think Chelsea will beat you either.
Interesting times for your boys.

get a room ay ffs

parksey
13-04-2015, 10:53 AM
yyeeewwwwwwww

hawk
13-04-2015, 11:10 AM
why?

Imyourhero
18-04-2015, 05:12 PM
Anyone know a quality stream website?

GazFish35
18-04-2015, 07:04 PM
Lemonparty.org

parksey
19-04-2015, 03:34 PM
unlucky lads

hawk
01-05-2015, 11:21 AM
Sif you lot could afford Bale.

100mill

plague
23-06-2015, 02:44 PM
Seriously though Parksey what's up with this Sergio Ramos bullshit?

Would you be happy with him? And he is legit going straight swap for your goalie?

parksey
23-06-2015, 03:47 PM
Seriously though Parksey what's up with this Sergio Ramos bullshit?

Would you be happy with him? And he is legit going straight swap for your goalie?

I'm not really sure what's happening. There's been rumours that he is ready to leave the club due to a variety of factors, including the sacking of Ancelotti. Then again, he could just be using these rumours to get an improved contract like Dani Alves did.

I'm not sure about the ins and outs of the deal but I haven't read anything that's stipulated any money being involved. We should be pushing for everything we can get considering how important De Gea is and how much it will likely cost to get someone like Lloris to replace him. I'd love to see Benzema be included in the deal but that's probably unlikely.

As for whether I'd want him, **** yeah I do. There is the option of Varane who is much younger but still a player with potential. Ramos is fully formed, experienced and the sort of player our backline is sorely lacking. He has his moments of madness, but on his day I think he's in the top 5 centre backs in the game at the moment.

I think De Gea is as good as gone so if he comes in return that would be pretty great.

Also talk of Schweinsteiger for 8million pounds which would be amazing.

plague
23-06-2015, 03:59 PM
Then again, he could just be using Also talk of Schweinsteiger for 8million pounds which would be amazing.

Yeah see that sounds like a ****ing steal. Have no doubt he'd do well in the Prem.

Ive seen Ramos have some truly great games (esp for Spain) but also some true stinkers (esp when played out of position). Straight up it doesn't seem like a fair swap for DeGea.

Heard the hype around Varane too but have nowt seen him play all that much.

How long does DeGea have left on his contract? Massive loss if he goes, but if he's going anyway then agree you gotta get something for him.

parksey
23-06-2015, 04:08 PM
Yeah see that sounds like a ****ing steal. Have no doubt he'd do well in the Prem.

Ive seen Ramos have some truly great games (esp for Spain) but also some true stinkers (esp when played out of position). Straight up it doesn't seem like a fair swap for DeGea.

Heard the hype around Varane too but have nowt seen him play all that much.

How long does DeGea have left on his contract? Massive loss if he goes, but if he's going anyway then agree you gotta get something for him.

Yeah I agree that it's not a fair swap. De Gea only has one year left on his deal so we're not in a very strong position to negotiate with Madrid in one sense, but then again we've no real reason to let him go if it's not the best deal for us (unless Real decide to let his contract wind down which is the reason this is all happening now). It's a bit slack of De Gea to not sign that new contract which would have been the best thing for all parties.

Like you said, Ramos is prone to the odd poor performance but I can't see LvG tinkering with his positioning too much. He'll be in the heart of defence which is where he is best, or possibly right back where he is also very strong.

Varane hasn't progressed much over the past few seasons but he's got amazing potential.

parksey
23-06-2015, 04:11 PM
But, I'd be very surprised if it happens to be honest.

plague
24-06-2015, 04:15 PM
Today's Madrid paper had United offering €30m + DeGea for Ramos.

parksey
13-07-2015, 02:08 PM
woodward gettin' it done :cool:

plague
14-07-2015, 04:20 PM
Whilst I'm not one for the "he'll boss this league" derp derp derpfest, there's no doubt you've signed a very very very very very good player in a very very important position in a team that is actually a lot closer to contending than many give them credit for.

parksey
14-07-2015, 07:22 PM
I assume you're talking about schweinsteiger?

yeah, i agree. he's almost 31 and has had some trouble with injuries, but he's obviously a class central midfielder with a wealth of experience. i think schneiderlin will prove to be the best signing we make this window.

our midfield options now are herrera, mata, carrick, blind, scheiderlin, schweinsteiger, fellaini, di maria and young.

that's quite possibly the best in the league.

plague
14-07-2015, 09:19 PM
our midfield options now are herrera, mata, carrick, blind, scheiderlin, schweinsteiger, fellaini, di maria and young.

that's quite possibly the best in the league.

Yes I'm talking about Schweiny.
serious though, take this bloke off your list and ill agree with it 100%

http://fat.gfycat.com/DelectableUnsightlyEskimodog.mp4

parksey
15-07-2015, 09:49 AM
thankfully there was a lot more of this last season:

http://giant.gfycat.com/AgedEmbellishedElkhound.gif

plague
15-07-2015, 11:16 AM
thankfully there was a lot more of this last season:

http://giant.gfycat.com/AgedEmbellishedElkhound.gif

Yeah I know. I actually don't mind him as a player, but that '50m dribble straight over the sideline' video makes me giggle every ****ing time for some reason*.

*reason being I'm a 12 year old child.

Bremsstrahlung
15-07-2015, 11:48 AM
Not all that bad, just one of those players that people love to hate/not rate.
Granted I only really saw him play liverpool last season, everything went through him, or up and over to him I should say, shit poor tactics, but it was effective and worked, so fair play.

So Madrid get rid of casillas. They want de Gea. Madrid normally get what they want. Madrid also make Ramos captain for friendlies.
Reckon United will sell de gea?

Bremsstrahlung
15-07-2015, 11:59 AM
So, I was just reading, de gea's contract runs out in 12 months.
Is this correct?
I can't really imagine United letting one of the best keepers in the world right now, go on a free transfer.
If he won't sign a new contract with a clause or anything, they might as well try and get some money out of him, or is the money they'll potentially win with him in goals seeing out the contract, more than the transfer fee they'd get?

pv4
15-07-2015, 12:03 PM
I love Bas AND Schnierdelin, so jealous you guys got both of them!

parksey
15-07-2015, 04:32 PM
So, I was just reading, de gea's contract runs out in 12 months.
Is this correct?
I can't really imagine United letting one of the best keepers in the world right now, go on a free transfer.
If he won't sign a new contract with a clause or anything, they might as well try and get some money out of him, or is the money they'll potentially win with him in goals seeing out the contract, more than the transfer fee they'd get?

I think we're playing hardball because he is so important to us.

It seems like we're willing to run the risk of letting him go on a free next year if Real don't stump up some serious cash. If he was a good chap he'd just sign a new deal with us to ensure we get a good pay day and chuff off to Madrid.

I've been resigned to losing him but maybe he will stick around for a few years yet.

plague
15-07-2015, 05:58 PM
Was DeGea any good when United signed him? Was he well known or was he a bit of a gamble?

I reakon United and Chelsea have always seemed to have better than average keepers, maybe they have someone lined up if he goes?

parksey
15-07-2015, 10:29 PM
he was touted as one of the best young keepers in europe when he was at atletico. i used to watch him play for them and he was pretty awesome.

i guess it was a gamble to replace vds with a youngster like him, and he took some time to adjust to the league given his slight frame (although the criticism he copped at the time from journos was ridiculous i thought) but it wasn't like he was a massive risk.

plague
16-07-2015, 09:20 AM
Are their backups/kids any good or are they gonna have to buy a first teamer straight away?

Would have thought some sort of swap deal with Casillas would have made sense.

parksey
16-07-2015, 11:26 AM
i would have thought valdes would be the obvious replacement but lvg confirmed he's on his way because he didn't follow "the philosophy".

Lindegaard is in no way good enough to be our number 1, I don't know about our young keepers.

If he goes, we will definitely be buying.