PDA

View Full Version : HAL 12/13 Rd 12 - HSGHPNUJFC vs Sydney FC @ Home - 22/Dec/12 k/off 5:30pm AEDST

pv4
17-12-2012, 04:25 PM
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z83/furns/JetsLogo.gifVShttp://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z83/furns/sydney-fc1.jpg

2012/2013 HYUNDAI A-LEAGUE

SEASON 8 ROUND 12

HUNTER SPORTS GROUP HUNTER PORTS NEWCASTLE UNITED JETS FOOTBALL CLUB VS SYDNEY FC

When: Saturday 22nd December 2012

Where: Turton Road

Kickoff: 5:30pm AEDST

Prematch: The Tenzo

Watch the match: at the stadium. don't stay home and watch it on tv

Tweet: @newyboys #gveout

carn

BodyNovo
17-12-2012, 04:26 PM
tenzo has foxtel now. might just stay there.

loose

17-12-2012, 04:54 PM
Nash to be benched, having too many good games !!!!!!!!!!!!!.

0-0 Draw, Jetman to provide best entertainment of the day.

GazFish35
17-12-2012, 04:58 PM
tenzo has foxtel now.

Is this true?

Blackmac79
17-12-2012, 05:07 PM
If the Tenzo has fox then it should instantly become official away game pub.

WolfMan
17-12-2012, 05:12 PM
If the Tenzo has fox then it should instantly become official away game pub.

+1,000

hauss
17-12-2012, 05:15 PM
Suprised how much I'm looking forward to this game. Maybe because our recent form has put us in a position on the ladder more in keeping with the style of football we've been playing, feels like we should have been struggling all along.

Sydney FC are in the same boat and given recent developments it will be great to keep them down the bottom. Hopefully Ryan gets one up on Adam. Looking forward to seeing Del Piero again although he probably isn't going to feature much in this game due to his recovery.

q-money
17-12-2012, 05:32 PM
i will never leave da t3nzo

furns
17-12-2012, 06:02 PM
Is this true?No, Tenzo has SKY only.

militiamon
17-12-2012, 06:51 PM
^ Went from flaccid to raging hardon, now only a semi. Nice one furns.

david silva
17-12-2012, 06:55 PM
Seeing Del Piero - my childhood hero - at newcastle. Don't care if we win, lose or draw, nothing will spoil this.

belchardo
17-12-2012, 08:04 PM
will be there for this game, so we will loose. i reckon by about 4.

joel griffiths to run out from the stand and give it the big ones to the crowd after the third.

will redeem himself by sackwhacking GVE as he's running off.

MFKS
17-12-2012, 08:36 PM
EVERY OTHER week both teams can't stop being scored on as often as a prostitute on New Years Eve.

This one has 0-0 written all over it.

WolfMan
17-12-2012, 08:43 PM
EVERY OTHER week both teams can't stop being scored on as often as a prostitute on New Years Eve.

This one has 0-0 written all over it.

Wow. A triple negative? Makes sense....

Superdylan
17-12-2012, 08:58 PM
Sydney always screw us over up here

Saturday will be no exception, lose 3-0 most likely, maybe score a goal if heskey can more receive ball.

MFKS
17-12-2012, 09:16 PM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b89/tranceillusions/rofl.jpg

:roflz:

sh10
18-12-2012, 01:29 AM
Griff isn't playing, is he?

WolfMan
18-12-2012, 05:53 AM
Griff isn't playing, is he?

No. Unsure of the date he is eligible, but it is in January some time

pv4
18-12-2012, 06:19 AM
jan 19

Jeterpool
18-12-2012, 08:01 AM
We can't keep a clean sheet at the moment.

1-1

Grimario
18-12-2012, 08:27 AM
No. Unsure of the date he is eligible, but it is in January some time

Farina hinted on TWG last night that he might play earlier than the transfer window, somehow.

Grimario
18-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Just saw an ad during the cricket coverage. Marquee vs Marquee. Teams leaking goals like crazy, has dire 0-0 all over it.

seldom
18-12-2012, 08:07 PM
Win 2-1...GVE to be hailed a tactical genius...supporters to forget how shit we really are...mass riot over beer prices...go the Jerks !

Vandenberg13
18-12-2012, 08:11 PM
we win 3-1

then i get bashed by the cove on the train going back down to sydney

#forevernovocastria

traffic light
18-12-2012, 08:53 PM
smurfs will eat cove dick and get lazy 1-0

Muswellbrookian
18-12-2012, 08:53 PM
We will loose. So it's always been against Sydney at home (except for that one semi-final or whatever), so it'll always be. Kind of glad I won't be there to feel the pain as badly.

militiamon
18-12-2012, 09:02 PM
I wonder if Skirt Boy will let everyone know that he is in Germany for the 1000th time.

namwob99
19-12-2012, 06:02 AM
We will loose. So it's always been against Sydney at home (except for that one semi-final or whatever), so it'll always be. Kind of glad I won't be there to feel the pain as badly.
What a night that was. Sell out, brosque sent off, all in brawl. Vaughan score the winner?

Muswellbrookian
19-12-2012, 07:15 AM
What a night that was. Sell out, brosque sent off, all in brawl. Vaughan score the winner?

Something like that, yeah. Pretty sure the Sydney fans ripped a flare and had someone thrown out, too. All I remember clearly is hurling abuse down on them from the upper Eastern Stand and pissing myself at the sight of Terry Butcher literally kicking holes in the turf after the game. Christ I miss those days....

Bon
19-12-2012, 08:07 AM
the sight of Terry Butcher literally kicking holes in the turf after the game. Christ I miss those days....

Oh mate, that famous footage (i think Fox Sports used to play it a fair bit) of Butcher kicking massive clumps out of the ground as he had a pink-panty meltdown..
Brilliant stuff..

steve136
19-12-2012, 02:56 PM
We will win 2-1.

scozzygt
19-12-2012, 08:09 PM
Dutchy having sleepness nights on tha lead up
to this weeks game.
Mmmmmm, what system? what will I need to change?
Might give a few kids a run, cant be worse than what ive
served up.
Changes keeps everyone fresh and eager to keep their spot!!
Goose!!

snake
19-12-2012, 09:56 PM
come tenzo, scozz

we will loose

MFKS
19-12-2012, 10:26 PM
to this weeks game.
served up.
Goose!!

Sleepless nights??

Probably uses a Ouija board and holds seances to work out first team selections. Couple this to stealing the occasional idea from Foz, going completely against whatever Robert Dillon suggests in the Newy Herald and the use of a twister spinning wheel to decide contentious calls and that pretty much how it works from what I can tell

Skirt Boy
20-12-2012, 12:58 AM
I wonder if Skirt Boy will let everyone know that he is in Germany for the 1000th time.

Uhm. What the hell?

:blah:

leftrightout
20-12-2012, 07:29 AM
to this weeks game.
served up.
Goose!!

So what you are saying is you dont want a single change from last week?
Goodwin to stay on bench, tiago and mitchell in the centre, no ribiero?

I think this is one week everyone can agree changes are needed!
making the right changes, now thats another story!

sh10
20-12-2012, 12:59 PM
Goodwin to sit on the left, Bridges on the right this time with Duncan in the middle?

Grimario
20-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Newcastle Jets squad: 2. Scott Neville, 3. Tiago Calvano, 4. Josh Mitchell, 5. Dominik Ritter, 8. Ruben Zadkovich, 9. Emile Heskey, 10. Bernardo Ribeiro 11. Connor Chapman, 12. Josh Brillante, 13. Sam Gallaway 14. Taylor Regan 15. Craig Goodwin, 17. James Virgili, 18. Jacob Pepper, 19. Michael Bridges 22. Adam Taggart, 23. Ryan Griffiths, 30. Jack Duncan (gk), 33. Matt Nash (gk).

Ins: Bernardo Ribeiro, Taylor Regan, Jacob Pepper, Michael Bridges.
Outs: Mitch Oxborrow, Andrew Hoole.

Glad we have 7 defenders in the squad. GvE finally learning lessons from Holger, definitely need 7 defenders playing and 3 of them out of position.

Jeterpool
20-12-2012, 02:19 PM
We could only hope

pv4
20-12-2012, 02:19 PM
so is brown injured (and if yay, for how long) or just given some time off?

Grimario
20-12-2012, 02:21 PM
so is brown injured (and if yay, for how long) or just given some time off?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN8e9b2ON8s

Grimario
20-12-2012, 02:22 PM
We could only hope

Nash
Neville - Regan - Mitchell - Ritter
Chapman - Tiago
Rubez - Brillante - Goodwin
Heskey

Sorted.

Actually did that as a joke but that would be better than some of the sides we have put out of late...

Rocknerd
20-12-2012, 02:22 PM
Glad he is going with a 19 man squad, would hate to know in advance that Regan, Ribiero, Gallaway and Bridges were not gonig to be selected. Would hate to kill the suspense to early inthe week.

belchardo
20-12-2012, 02:35 PM
Glad he is going with a 19 man squad, would hate to know in advance that Regan, Ribiero, Gallaway and Bridges were not gonig to be selected. Would hate to kill the suspense to early inthe week.

bridges might be selected. who knows, we might actually be leading with 5 minutes to go.

hauss
20-12-2012, 02:38 PM
Ray Baartz in today's Herald:

‘‘They talk about the F3 derby against the Mariners, but I’ve always felt our biggest games were against Sydney. They’re the team you like to beat.’’

Sure there is a rivalry between the two biggest cities in NSW but its not a derby. Sydney FC fans wouldn't rate a rivalry with Newcastle anywhere near Melbourne Victory or WSW. It's just one of many potential points of interest in the League.

To me, if the Jets players are "lifting" to play Sydney FC, and it seems obvious that they are, then they don't posess the psychology of the top clubs. The players have bought into the propaganda that Sydney FC are the glamour club.

This was a problem I saw following Leeds for so many years. They would lift for Man U, Liverpool etc. but then lose to the cellar dwellars.

A great team needs to be great in every game, not based on who the opposition is.

I'm predicting another Christmas/New Year disaster as the Jets players have historically been below par in the silly season.

Come on Ray, this culture needs to be fixed. Lead from the top.

BodyNovo
20-12-2012, 02:39 PM
Nash
Neville - Regan - Mitchell - Ritter
Chapman - Tiago
Rubez - Brillante - Goodwin
Heskey

Sorted.

Actually did that as a joke but that would be better than some of the sides we have put out of late...

Edit saw your post on the previous page.

yep 100% something GVE would do.

q-money
20-12-2012, 04:04 PM
baartzy out of touch with the kids again

timmy_v
20-12-2012, 07:28 PM
They trained 352 most of the session today. Changes on the way?

seldom
21-12-2012, 01:27 AM
think shitknee will be expecting us to play 3 across the back...this could get ugly...then again they are fvcking terrible

21-12-2012, 07:51 AM
And GVE the tactical genius he is will not release right up until 5 mins to kick off which side or end each of the ball boys and girls will be stationed.

What a man !.

Jeterpool
21-12-2012, 07:56 AM
I think the facebook promotions of this game from the Jets have been ridiculous. Editted graphics depicting Heskey and Del Piero having conversations, etc. You'd think they could do better than that

belchardo
21-12-2012, 08:11 AM
I think the facebook promotions of this game from the Jets have been ridiculous. Editted graphics depicting Heskey and Del Piero having conversations, etc. You'd think they could do better than that

i hear money is a bit tight these days. :D

Bon
21-12-2012, 08:40 AM
Mel McLaughlin in her weekly preview:
"For Newcastle, I’m looking to the likes of Ruben Zadkovich to lead the way on a big night in the Hunter."
Mel and Rubes together.. PV4 is about to lose his shit.. haha

MFKS
21-12-2012, 08:55 AM
think shitknee will be expecting us to play 3 across the back...this could get ugly...then again they are fvcking terrible

So whats wrong with the Back 3??? Don't tell me that it is shit and causes us to leak goals coz we leak them no better with a back 4 in place.

Still believe that we can make a go of this back 3 if the naysayers get off the case of the coach. Rd 1 we let not two sloppy goals thanks to midfielders not tracking runs and all of a sudden the loss was down to the Back 3.

Spare me the BS

Grimario
21-12-2012, 09:13 AM
I'm with MFKS... can't see us being any WORSE at the back with a 3-5-2. When defending, we have almost been playing with a back 2 anyway, might be nice to have a third body there. In attack we are almost 3-5-2 as well with one of the deeper midfields almost dropping back to the centre backs to collect the ball.

Meh, doesn't matter. Loose anyway.

pv4
21-12-2012, 09:17 AM
in terms of how we have, and how we would play it - a back three is shit mfkfc. spare me your bs.

we couldn't pass it out from the back in rd 1 because mitchell was completely alone whenever he had the ball. the midfielders wouldn't have needed to track the runs if we were more congested in the box (aka had four at the back) so the opposition wouldn't have found space as easily.

outside of local league - a back three only works if it's treated as a back five, with heaps energetic & willing-to-defend as well as transition-into-attack-incredibly-quickly wide backs. which we don't have (maybe goodwin could do it if it was drilled into him, but then again that'd mean gary would have to start him).

Grimario
21-12-2012, 09:37 AM
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Jets-not-planning-to-manmark-Del-Piero/56198

That is Gaz speak for "I am going to have RubeZ man mark him, niggle at him all day", isn't it?

MFKS
21-12-2012, 09:53 AM
in terms of how we have, and how we would play it - a back three is shit mfkfc. spare me your bs.

we couldn't pass it out from the back in rd 1 because mitchell was completely alone whenever he had the ball. the midfielders wouldn't have needed to track the runs if we were more congested in the box (aka had four at the back) so the opposition wouldn't have found space as easily.

outside of local league - a back three only works if it's treated as a back five, with heaps energetic & willing-to-defend as well as transition-into-attack-incredibly-quickly wide backs. which we don't have (maybe goodwin could do it if it was drilled into him, but then again that'd mean gary would have to start him).

I would have thought the Back 3 would be played as a back 5 when you include your Wing Backs bombing up and down the flanks PV4. Goody would do a good job on the left and defo has the engine for it and I think we have a more than adequate stop gap measure in the squad in your mate Ruben to do the job on the right

This BS about midfielders not needing to track runs is complete crap. Everyone in the team has a job to do and as midfielders their job is not to allow their "MAN" to run away from them into the box and be unmarked when we are defending on the top of our box as Zadko done this day. Maybe if the players as individuals took on the responsibilities they should be instead of fobbing them off and leaving it to others we may actually keep a clean sheet this season.

As for Mitchell being left alone when we had the ball that day we all seen what happened when he got it as it was his **** up that led to Birraz getting sent off. Not to mention the 5-10 other times this imposter has cost us this season. Bloke is a dead set waste of money

pv4
21-12-2012, 10:07 AM
i feel like we're going around in circles here. like i said - a back 3 should be played as a back 5. but the moment gary gets ahold of it - our wide right guy is james virgilli or taggz who, under gve instruction, will spend most of the day on the touchline in a super high position. we would not play it as a back 5 with wingbacks, and that's why we should not do it.

i didn't say midfielders shouldn't track - i said they wouldn't need to as much because the opposition wouldn't find holes in our high-numbered, more congested four man defence, as opposed to finding easy space to run into with a back three.

watch the adelaide game again. mitchell would get the ball in the middle and be faced with three adelaide men (one in front, two to the sides) before he could pick out any jets colour. he was completely stranded with the ball, and was left with no choice but to attempt to chip the closest defender to get the ball to our guy who was directly behind said defender. this is how gary sets up his team regardless of formation - virgili is nearly never in an open space and is always behind a defender. when playing with a back three, gve sets it up so no one is within 10m of the centre defender with the ball, and the defender is left on his own in possession whilst getting closed down. the only reason it worked back in 08 is stu would come looking for it - which jobe/rubez does not do as well or as willingly.

pv4
21-12-2012, 10:21 AM
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Jets-not-planning-to-manmark-Del-Piero/56198

That is Gaz speak for "I am going to have RubeZ man mark him, niggle at him all day", isn't it?

will be another outrage when we clean him up in his own half & he's given a freekick on the edge of our box again

goaliepersempre
21-12-2012, 10:34 AM
will be another outrage when we clean him up in his own half & he's given a freekick on the edge of our box again

Bookies Favourite

leftrightout
21-12-2012, 10:58 AM
Chapman has to play. In an ordinary game, i thought he was great in the middle of the park when he came on last week.
Someone with a good passing game and all of a sudden our midfield held abit of possesion!

Grimario
21-12-2012, 11:03 AM
Chapman has to play. In an ordinary game, i thought he was great in the middle of the park when he came on last week.
Someone with a good passing game and all of a sudden our midfield held abit of possesion!

You make sense. Definitely on the bench or youth this week then.

pv4
21-12-2012, 11:05 AM
You make sense. Definitely confined to running sprints alone at training & being left out of the squad completely for the rest of gve's tenure

fixed

hawk
21-12-2012, 11:43 AM
dont waste ya time. no matter how you twist it we arent good enough.

MFKS
21-12-2012, 12:19 PM
Considering how shit we are at present is it too early to start calling for the reinstatement to first team activities of Marko Jesic?? :whistling: :rof:

Seriously he wouldn't be the worst in the club particularly with some of the uninspired / disinterested displays James Brown has put in??

More importantly if we loose this game will Craig Deans do the honorable thing and tender his resignation to HSG effectively immediately so the Egg can get himself a decent Assistant Coach??

Portillo
21-12-2012, 01:03 PM
Cmon Heskey. Time to score.

dink
21-12-2012, 01:19 PM
I'm pumped for this game and I reckon the boyz will be too. Jets to smash those wanna be's from Sydney.
5-0 our first clean sheet, Heskey hat trick with Goody and the non twin Griffo getting on the score sheet.
I know I'm setting myself up for a fall but I'd rather be optimistic then realistic, just makes the world seem a better place.

Bon
21-12-2012, 03:00 PM
We want to win? I got the easy solution..
Sign Eags up again..
Simples..

terry
21-12-2012, 03:23 PM
Jets to smash those wanna be's from Sydney.

wow, that's really hardcore mate. fmd, dylans army

seldom
21-12-2012, 04:00 PM
So whats wrong with the Back 3??? Don't tell me that it is shit and causes us to leak goals coz we leak them no better with a back 4 in place.

Still believe that we can make a go of this back 3 if the naysayers get off the case of the coach. Rd 1 we let not two sloppy goals thanks to midfielders not tracking runs and all of a sudden the loss was down to the Back 3.

Spare me the BS

Nah...no BS here. Nothing wrong with a back 3 for certain teams,certain players and when coached properly.But as PV4 has said we're no good at it.As for mids tracking this should happen no matter what formation is played.Personally I dont think our problems are formation related more to do with team selections,players in the wrong positions and no stability in a starting line up.On the positive side we can only get better.

p.s. sydney are still shit

Superdylan
21-12-2012, 05:50 PM
wow, that's really hardcore mate. fmd, dylans army

Stfu whoever you are

Anyways if heskey scores Mcdonalds are willing to give away free smoothies on Saturday. Somewhat more confident we might get something out of the game.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Free-McDonalds-smoothie-if-Heskey-scores-against-Sydney/56300

q-money
21-12-2012, 06:06 PM
rofl are you keen for a smoothie sd

snake
21-12-2012, 06:25 PM
i want a smoothie

BodyNovo
21-12-2012, 06:27 PM
Smoothies

parksey
21-12-2012, 06:28 PM
prefer thickshakes :cool:

plague
21-12-2012, 09:05 PM
**** it, play a back 9 and kick long balls to Heskey.
Pretty much doin it anyway.
What the **** is a smoothie?
Maccas Vanilla thick shakes all the way.

seldom
21-12-2012, 09:12 PM
do enjoy a smoothie but prefer when they leave a little hair

Bon
21-12-2012, 09:56 PM

No way.. Smoothie all the way..

seldom
21-12-2012, 10:15 PM
No way.. Smoothie all the way..

not a fan of the little GT stripe above Bon ?

Superdylan
21-12-2012, 10:28 PM
Can't make the game as such

Will just have to get a smoothie next shift at Maccas

q-money
21-12-2012, 10:51 PM
i'm a big fan of the full bush really, it's great, retro night every night

q-money
21-12-2012, 10:51 PM
also ****ing lol at SD getting smoothies

scozzygt
21-12-2012, 11:14 PM
come tenzo, scozz

we will loose
Probably wouldn't get in tha front door buddy.

scozzygt
21-12-2012, 11:18 PM

:fright:

seldom
21-12-2012, 11:34 PM
scottish dental floss

scozzygt
21-12-2012, 11:38 PM
scottish dental floss

Have you seen tha price of shaving cream these days?
:lol:

lquiquer
22-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Am I dreaming?... Starting line up!!!!... Sam is back,.... so is birraz

Grimario
22-12-2012, 05:00 PM
**** me. Just read that on the phone, might pack my shit up and go home. Sam ****ing Gallaway? Jesus christ.

Time to head to the GVE out thread.

true waterboy
22-12-2012, 05:21 PM
Friging hell Sam Galloway
Worst line up this year
Taggart should b starting with Heskey

pv4
22-12-2012, 05:27 PM
gallaway was shit in the yoof game the other week - how does he warrant a start over tiago, Mitchell, chapman, regan, even jobe as cb?

Muswellbrookian
22-12-2012, 05:31 PM
F*ck me, pretty sure Gary's just taking the piss now. Gallaway hasn't been near a match-day squad for nearly two years, and now he's starting in the biggest game of the season? What a joke.

weston
22-12-2012, 05:53 PM
goodwin scores from a tight angled free kick....... **** thats atleast 3 weeks on the bench for doing that

Muswellbrookian
22-12-2012, 05:54 PM
goodwin scores from a tight angled free kick....... **** thats atleast 3 weeks on the bench for doing that

Rof. Text updates saying Griff missed a close-range header, too?

Pleased we're in front, but also kind of worried. These arseholes always make it hard for us at home - especially when we take the lead. Long way to go!

weston
22-12-2012, 05:58 PM
Yeh.... Virgilli playing well..... sydney is mucking around at the back way to much..... we should have at the very least had a few more shots on target maybe one more goal....... i think del piero is playing.... i think i've only heard his name once.... supposed to be starting but havent exactly seen him yet

weston
22-12-2012, 05:58 PM
A Griff just took out a chunk of Heskeys leg. yellow card

Muswellbrookian
22-12-2012, 05:59 PM
I reckon that hamstring injury has knocked him around more than they're letting on. (I hope so, anyway!)

Sydney fans already starting to cut themselves on their foz by the looks of it.

weston
22-12-2012, 06:01 PM
Sydney fans already starting to cut themselves on their foz by the looks of it.

I know the feeling

weston
22-12-2012, 06:01 PM
2-0 Heskey..... thats it we win :)

Muswellbrookian
22-12-2012, 06:06 PM
2-0 Heskey..... thats it we win :)

Not until the gargantuan dame yodels. Nice to hear that Heskeytime is back on the scoresheet, though!

Looks like SD's getting that smoothie after all.

weston
22-12-2012, 06:06 PM
Emertons off Triantis on...... f**ks me why

OmeletteDuFromage
22-12-2012, 06:09 PM
Yau is useless. Only has pace.

weston
22-12-2012, 06:09 PM
Yau scored.... 2-1...... not sure what happened i was sending a text.... though he got a break away.... Birighitti saved the first one but rebound went straight infront of him

weston
22-12-2012, 06:10 PM
is Birighitti 100% for this game??

Muswellbrookian
22-12-2012, 06:11 PM
And so it begins...again.

pv4
22-12-2012, 06:14 PM
is Birighitti 100% for this game??

if he has a good game, yes.

if he has a bad game, he was on a drip in hospital last night or some shit

weston
22-12-2012, 06:19 PM
not a bad cross by neville....... the world has ended yeh??

Grimario
22-12-2012, 06:27 PM
Two things.

Our fullbacks aren't immediately pushing up in the wingers armpits and we have options coming out from the back. Huzzah!
Gallaway hasn't been horrendous.

Crowd looks decent, maybe 15k?

weston
22-12-2012, 06:32 PM
crowd does look very decent

Muswellbrookian
22-12-2012, 06:33 PM
That's a shame, hoped that ADP might have more pulling power than Kewell. Oh well, guess 15K isn't bad.

Who was it a few weeks ago saying something about Heskey looking much more likely when we have Goodwin and Virgili on as wide men?

pv4
22-12-2012, 06:46 PM
what exactly do fulham see in Antonis that they don't see in a host of other young Hal players?

also, captain rubez :cool:

Muswellbrookian
22-12-2012, 07:00 PM
Cahill probably talked him up over there. Didn't Sydney just re-sign him, though?

Portillo
22-12-2012, 07:40 PM
A wins a win I guess.

john
22-12-2012, 07:41 PM
The less we talk about the game the better. Probally the worst football match ever played in the Hyundai Aleague. Apart from the few glimpses ADP and virgilli gave us, the quality was very poor. Why do we have a midfield when we play long ball after long ball. GVE has alot to answer for after promising the fans a different style of football than what has been showcased this year.

BodyNovo
22-12-2012, 08:07 PM
Smoothie city

Blackmac79
22-12-2012, 08:22 PM
sorry for being the useless twat on the drum this week....

lquiquer
22-12-2012, 08:33 PM

You did goog blackmac79... I was in bay 67 and u killed it... Thanks buddy

weston
22-12-2012, 08:35 PM
The way the jets started was really good. From the Sydney goal the boys tried to throw the game but luckily enough I guess they failed at that and won 2-1.

namwob99
22-12-2012, 08:40 PM
After never seeing gallaway play ever. Was expecting him to be horrible beyond belief but was pleasantly suprised. Was good.

Thomas477
22-12-2012, 08:47 PM
Really pleased to see Biraz back playing. Even better was the high pressure passing game actually occur in the first 30 mins.

ADP will not be playing for Sydney next season unless Griffo can work a miracle.

Also, the Cove are a bunch of muppets. FFS after last weekend I would have thought all groups would be trying to stop flares.

seldom
22-12-2012, 08:55 PM
I'm a gallaway critic but I thought he was good today...looked composed. Thought chapman struggled and neville was nothin spectacular..Heskey good...ryu average...ritter good..young chil good...rubes still playing in the wrong spot imo...brill not sure what i think tbh. On a plus side pepper come on and wasnt sent. Sydney are woeful..fair dink startin the game with ADP as a lone striker was ridiculous...can understand why they want griff with him maybe they wont get the wooden spoon

militiamon
22-12-2012, 09:14 PM
hahahahaha, Gallaway!!!!.....

was pretty good :cool:

Grimario
22-12-2012, 09:16 PM
After never seeing gallaway play ever. Was expecting him to be horrible beyond belief but was pleasantly suprised. Was good.
Pretty sure I have only ever seen him play in the middle but he was really good on the left today. His combination with Goodwin was far, far better than the combination of Ritter and Goodwin. And on top of that, Ritter looked better at centre back than anyone else has this season. :gent:

First half was mostly good. RubeZ giving the ball away for the goal and Chapman getting done for pace a couple of times was a worry but other than that, I wasn't too concerned. We look so much better with Virgili and Goodwin on the flanks and Griff playing behind Heskey. Fully expecting 4 changes before next game though :gent:

Second half... why did we go back to hoofing it over the midfield? Our fullbacks disappeared up the pitch again, midfield movement was non existent and it was hoof and hope all over again.

militiamon
22-12-2012, 09:21 PM
Jonny Griff.

sammydog
22-12-2012, 09:26 PM
First half was great for the Jets. We actually pressured SFC when we didn't have the ball, and when we had it looked to go forward. For the first time in an eternity players looked like they wanted to take the defence on.

Then the second half came and we went back to the Jets of the last few weeks.

All up I am pretty happy, but please GVE, lets have some consistency in the starting 11, no more changing more than half the starting lineup.

sammydog
22-12-2012, 09:32 PM
Anyone want to caption this?

http://i.haymarket.net.au/Galleries/20121222082337_158631180_10.jpg

WolfMan
22-12-2012, 09:33 PM
Our fullbacks aren't immediately pushing up in the wingers armpits and we have options coming out from the back. Huzzah!

As sure a sign as any that GVE reads this forum. Thank crikey for that!

A much, much better display as a team. Roll on Melbourne away x2!

plague
22-12-2012, 09:35 PM
Thought Galloway was fairly stink in first half but quite good in second especially going forward.
Anyone else notice Ritter was pretty much Topor 2.0 today, good, solid but first touch was always to turn back to goal and retreat.
Big man Heskey got through some work today, Jesus the refs are hard on him it's not his fault pussies like Grifflet bounce off him.
All in all a delicious mango smoothie ( size small git farked ya cheap khunts) and we just hung on to best by far the worst team in the comp.

As you were.

MFKS
22-12-2012, 09:36 PM
Two gripes

One >>> Where the **** were the Smoothies we were promised. Stayed back to clap the players and when I left no ****er to be seen with the Smoothies. All the part timers stuffing their guts at the Members expense :bs: :grin:

Too the cockheads running the Canteens at Stade de Newy. You can go get ****ed. Pricks have raised the prices. Due to other commitments Driving/work/Double Demerits/Vigilante Cops had to stay off the mid strength over priced beer. Went up pre game to pick up 4 drinks 2 x Coke $5 a pop bottle of water $4.50 and a juice gave the ****ers a red back and didn't even get a dollar change.

Next game I am going to the most over priced servo and smuggling soft drink in and my savings will be paying for a hip flask.

So glad Tinks is stiffing you over the stadium bills.

**** YOU ****S :redcard::rof:

Compliment to the Manager and Players well done. Good to actually feel positive about the club again and XMas will be much more enjoyable thanks to todays win.

Thankyou:yay::lulzturtle:

MFKS
22-12-2012, 09:38 PM

Heskey's Bitch

WolfMan
22-12-2012, 09:41 PM
I have a gripe - ignorant people around me moaning that "we don't pass it forward", when there are zero options available ahead.
FFS, we kept the ball well in going back to Birraz/ along the backline and then eventually move forward as a team - what the hell do you want? More long ball??

/rant

baldrick
22-12-2012, 09:45 PM
One >>> Where the **** were the Smoothies we were promised. Stayed back to clap the players and when I left no ****er to be seen with the Smoothies. All the part timers stuffing their guts at the Members expense :bs: :grin:

I got about a dozen vouchers & left well & truly after the players had left the field :D

weston
22-12-2012, 09:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0fVHhPzDuc

I've uploded the goals from todays game... just as a tial thing for the future... it was recorded off an iphone after the game. Anyone care to view, mainly to see if it works properly please.

EDIT: Bought the mrs a HD vid camera for chrissy so they may be a better quality in future

seldom
22-12-2012, 09:52 PM

white man can't jump

Muswellbrookian
22-12-2012, 09:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0fVHhPzDuc

I've uploded the goals from todays game... just as a tial thing for the future... it was recorded off an iphone after the game. Anyone care to view, mainly to see if it works properly please.

Works fine, thanks for the upload! Nice to be able to see the goals so soon after the game. Heskeytime looked pumped.

weston
22-12-2012, 09:56 PM
Works fine, thanks for the upload! Nice to be able to see the goals so soon after the game. Heskeytime looked pumped.

Well this is what gave me the idea to do it. Mind you the game highlights are up on the world game before i uploaded this.

22-12-2012, 09:58 PM
^ All good.

Portillo
22-12-2012, 10:03 PM

I dreamt the boogie man was after me.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lcxqlas59x1qfrrv2o1_500.jpg

militiamon
22-12-2012, 10:06 PM
Baz clearly immolated himself and his brown shirt before the ground announcer could even finish saying "Gallaway"

RIP

plague
22-12-2012, 10:12 PM
I have a gripe - ignorant people around me moaning that "we don't pass it forward", when there are zero options available ahead.
FFS, we kept the ball well in going back to Birraz/ along the backline and then eventually move forward as a team - what the hell do you want? More long ball??

/rant

Not sure if this was in response to my comment re:Ritter but if so you missed my point.
Peeple bagged Topor for doing the same thing last year I just thought it funny that today it was all part of GVE's masterplan.
If not then I guess we agree so let's release some white doves and eat smoothies together courtesy of Heskey.

seldom
22-12-2012, 10:17 PM
good crowd ay

Muswellbrookian
22-12-2012, 10:28 PM
Well this is what gave me the idea to do it. Mind you the game highlights are up on the world game before i uploaded this.

The problem is that they're geoblocked, though. Every time I try to watch them this robotic female voice says "This content is currently unavailable". Same with Fox Sports, though news.com.au usually uploads the Fox highlights packages and the press conferences within a few hours.

Thanks again.

militiamon
22-12-2012, 10:31 PM
Smmmoooothie smooothie smooothie

Brilliant Parkdey

weston
22-12-2012, 10:35 PM
The problem is that they're geoblocked, though. Every time I try to watch them this robotic female voice says "This content is currently unavailable". Same with Fox Sports, though news.com.au usually uploads the Fox highlights packages and the press conferences within a few hours.

Thanks again.

But you can watch it yeh??? is there anyway i can get rid of that or is it just something that i have to deal with??

WolfMan
22-12-2012, 10:36 PM
Not sure if this was in response to my comment re:Ritter but if so you missed my point.
Peeple bagged Topor for doing the same thing last year I just thought it funny that today it was all part of GVE's masterplan.
If not then I guess we agree so let's release some white doves and eat smoothies together courtesy of Heskey.

Hahaha.....noooo it wasn't a retort directed at you. However I can see how you might have thought that.

Literally these 2 older gentlemen that sit near me are always whinging about passing it backwards. To be fair, they sometimes have a point. Today however, Chapman had the ball and Sydney were pressing high so he had no real option but to pass to Birraz and rebuild.

Anyway, I had enough of it and told them to give the lads a break, as long as we controlled the ball we were fine.

Did you say something about smoothies BTW? om nom nom

MFKS
22-12-2012, 10:39 PM
http://www.foxsports.com.au/Football/new-v-syd-match-highlights/video-e6frf423-1226542422284?subcat=1111112039253&site=FoxSports

Fox sports Highlights of game

The Eggs Presser

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/newcastle-jets-presser/video-e6frf423-1226542396598?subcat=1111112039253

stopper2
22-12-2012, 10:40 PM
First half was good but second was just not good enough when you are only 2-1 up and at home. I hope GVE leaves Virgili/Goodwin on the wings from now on as we have been most effecitive this season when they have both been on the park tormenting the opposition. Ritter and Chapman go alright together but in the 2nd half when they were trying to play it out from the back it clearly showed that we lack someone who wants the ball and wants to drop back from midfield and keep the ball. Rubez for all his good qualities is not that type of player and Brillante is neither.
Great to see Birraz back though and it shows just how shite Sydney is and why we shouldn't get carried away with this win when our keeper was barely called into action.

Muswellbrookian
22-12-2012, 10:40 PM
But you can watch it yeh??? is there anyway i can get rid of that or is it just something that i have to deal with??

Oh no, I can watch yours fine! I mean that The World Game geoblock theirs.

weston
22-12-2012, 10:51 PM
Oh no, I can watch yours fine! I mean that The World Game geoblock theirs.

my bad

westjet
22-12-2012, 11:20 PM
Good 1st half, was a bit concerning we went back into our shell at the end of the first half and most of second half, but wouldnt be the jets without doing something like this.
Please let Gary realise that virgili and goodwin works and makes heskey a much bigger threat - must continue to use this option.
Chapman and ritter - pretty happy with these 2 - not the quickest but were solid.

Grimario
22-12-2012, 11:43 PM
Literally these 2 older gentlemen that sit near me are always whinging about passing it backwards. To be fair, they sometimes have a point. Today however, Chapman had the ball and Sydney were pressing high so he had no real option but to pass to Birraz and rebuild.

I have the same around me in Bay 51. "Stop ****ing passing it around and get it forward!!!". Should have heard them cheer every hoof in the second half. Neanderthals :(

pv4
23-12-2012, 12:15 AM

if you guys don't move, your head is going up his ass, his head is going up his ass & you draw the short straw because your head is going up my ass

/hancock

john
23-12-2012, 12:20 AM
To say that we were pretty happy with the defence is very bizarre. I think I was watching a different game. Whenever sydney were in the attacking 3rd we looked very poor defensively. A little bit more quality by sydney in front of goal could have seen a very different result . I thought Ritter was ok but chapman had a bad day at the office. I would like to see GVE stick with him given that he is young and the other central defenders on the bench or in the grand stand are not of any quality.

Need to defend alot better against sides that are going to have alot more quality than a terrible sydney team.

militiamon
23-12-2012, 12:40 AM
I hope GVE leaves Virgili/Goodwin on the wings from now on as we have been most effecitive this season when they have both been on the park tormenting the opposition.

Haven't agreed with you on lots of things lately stopper but I think you nailed it with this. It's a bit strange that Gary has only started Virgili and Goodwin a few times together this season rather than the majority of games.

I've spoken about this before, but Virgili has been one of the keys to our attack this season. No one else (apart from Goodwin of course) has the same kind of pace and drive that leads to free-kicks in dangerous places and as well as assists. I'm very happy with his performances now, can't wait to see him when he's got even more confidence to go past players, have a shot at goal himself etc.

Goodwin is much the same, he can create space from virtually nothing, we don't have another player on the team like him.

seldom
23-12-2012, 12:51 AM

Total eclipse

furns
23-12-2012, 12:52 AM
Watching the first half now, and **** me A Griff is wank. We played him in defence and we finished last. SFC are playing him in defence............you see where I am going with this.

seldom
23-12-2012, 12:54 AM
Watching the first half now, and **** me A Griff is wank. We played him in defence and we finished last. SFC are playing him in defence............you see where I am going with this.

True... he is fvcking terrible...has always been terrible...and don't get me started on emmerton the overrated fvck

la bazzle
23-12-2012, 12:56 AM
Gallaway..... Wow didn't think he could get any worse. Was really lucky it's a team sport and others could clean up his numerous errors. Hopefully is the last we'll see of this thing

furns
23-12-2012, 01:10 AM
Gallaway..... Wow didn't think he could get any worse. Was really lucky it's a team sport and others could clean up his numerous errors. Hopefully is the last we'll see of this thing

Will clearly start every week now, while Goodwin goes back to being benched.

parksey
23-12-2012, 03:32 AM
Smmmoooothie smooothie smooothie

Brilliant Parkdey

smoothie (y)

The Dunster
23-12-2012, 07:54 AM
The desire to win the ball in the first half was very impressive and our ball movement was a lot better than it has been.

But dribbling around witches hats is a lot easier than playing against human opponents.

ADP probably hates Sydney FC more than we do by now.

Mr_Magoo
23-12-2012, 08:50 AM
The distance between defence and attack is a concern still. Its as if gve instructs to get up in attack or back in defence DON'T GET CAUGHT IN MIDFIELD.

stopper2
23-12-2012, 09:28 AM

I find it bizarre that he hasn't even figured in the squad all season (correct me if I'm wrong) then out of the blue gets a start. Hoole goes away last week with the squad to Perth as the 16th player, doesn't play but is then left out altogether for this weekend???
Defensively I thought Gallaway done okay but there were a few times in the match where with no pressure he couldn't execute a simple pass. You've also got to remember this was Sydney....Victory next week is a totally different proposition.

john
23-12-2012, 09:36 AM
I didnt think sydney posed any threats to our wide men of Neville and Galloway. They played rather narrow and only with one up front and ADP dropping in the hole. Whats wrong with Andrew Hoole? Comftable on the ball and a good soccer brain. Should have been in front of Galloway and Neville hands down. I cannot work GVE out. I was kind of hoping we lost today to see GVE and Deans put in the presure cooker. Im sick of this football we play.

hawk
23-12-2012, 10:19 AM
At least we played a game that was watchable.

De-Champ
23-12-2012, 10:32 AM
At least we played a game that was watchable.

Difficult to tell when you do not have any opposition.

david silva
23-12-2012, 10:33 AM
Chapman and Ritter > Mitchell and Tiago....any day of the week

la bazzle
23-12-2012, 11:15 AM
Did smell piero get the 3 points again?

westjet
23-12-2012, 11:54 AM
Did smell piero get the 3 points again?

No - virgili, goodwin and yau I think it was

Retro Jet
23-12-2012, 12:11 PM

Emile Hesky takes on SFC conjoined twins in a threesome but alas, he can only 'take on' one at a time.
Rhyan Grant feels his brothers suffocating agony......

And someone please correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this is most points we've ever taken from Sydney
in regular season?
Still one game to go too. (Home: February 2nd) A nine pointer against the Smurfs would be sweeeeeeeeeeet
Have we ever taken 9 points off anybody since V1? NZ Knights...possibly?

EDIT: Yes - NZ Knights V1 = 4-0 (Home), 2-4 (Away inc Milicic Hatty) & 3-0 (Home: Haliti brace)

sh10
23-12-2012, 02:13 PM
gallaway was good

Vandenberg13
23-12-2012, 04:12 PM

Better then that Vandenberg kid

GazFish35
23-12-2012, 09:59 PM
Just watched the replay.

We suck.
Just a little less than Sydney.

seldom
23-12-2012, 11:35 PM
Just watched the replay.

We suck.

i...that be the key...lol with all the money and connections shitney have but are still total puss.Honestly i'd love for them cvnts to get the spoon.I understand we all hate the scum but personally i hate these fvcks more

sh10
24-12-2012, 12:35 AM
i...that be the key...lol with all the money and connections shitney have but are still total puss.Honestly i'd love for them cvnts to get the spoon.I understand we all hate the scum but personally i hate these fvcks more

sup baartzy?

Retro Jet
24-12-2012, 12:57 AM
Just watched the replay.

We suck.

My personal fav bit is when Heskey dummies a run towards the spot, A Griff buys it hook, line and sinker then
EH ducks around behind him to poke in Virgili's cross from 1 yard.
A Griff has head down with that "Oh, I fkd up again" look we were all so familiar with....

longshot
25-12-2012, 12:28 PM
Just watched the A-League goals of the week nominees on the A-League web site. No Goodwin free kick goal. If it was Del Piero that kicked that I bet it would have been there, with the comments that no one else would have been able to do that. etc etc.

Grimario
25-12-2012, 12:41 PM
The Goodwin free kick was just shit keeping, not a brilliant unsaveable strike.

GazFish35
25-12-2012, 01:57 PM
The Goodwin free kick was just shit keeping, not a brilliant unsaveable strike.

It was worse than shit keeping.
It was the worst keeping I've seen in the a-league.

And that includes games where Liam reddy was playing at one end and tando valaphi at the other.

pv4
25-12-2012, 02:03 PM

And that includes games where Liam reddy was playing at one end and tando valaphi at the other.

this

fxxxing this

westjet
25-12-2012, 04:13 PM

If you are talking about 1 instance of incompetence I reckon Ryans effort when pheonix equalised against scum was probably worse. at least sydney keeper only let it go straight over his head rather than running at an imaginary ball and leaving an open goal.

sh10
25-12-2012, 11:43 PM
How shit is necevski if that goose got a start ahead of him. He was honking all game

militiamon
25-12-2012, 11:57 PM
He has actually been pretty good for Sydney the last few games.

seldom
26-12-2012, 12:18 AM

lol...then get my shit together...then lol again...this is a great summary

parksey
26-12-2012, 12:51 AM

yeah, I reckon that even BK would have got a glove on that one.

WolfMan
26-12-2012, 07:05 AM

Agreed. He is only 17 I think, so little lapses are probably par for the course. Still think he will be another great GK

Tommyjet
26-12-2012, 08:21 AM
Janjetovic is 25 I think

26-12-2012, 08:32 AM

Yep had some real brain farts against us but the last few efforts he has saved the smurfs from embarrising results.

WolfMan
26-12-2012, 08:41 AM
Janjetovic is 25 I think

So he is...unsure why I thought he was 17. Too much Xmas Spirit perhaps...

dink
27-12-2012, 05:51 PM
Well done with the "Our Passion is not a crime" tifo. Thought that was great compared to sydney fc fans letting off another flare. Wankers!

Anyhoo was listening to the ABC broadcast of the Boxing day test at the MCG and they where talking about how many people where being kicked out at of bay 13. And it was hell of a lot more then any a-league game this season. I wonder if channel nine will be mentioning this in their news tonight. I doubt it. Wankers! :(

WolfMan
27-12-2012, 06:32 PM
Anyhoo was listening to the ABC broadcast of the Boxing day test at the MCG and they where talking about how many people where being kicked out at of bay 13. And it was hell of a lot more then any a-league game this season. I wonder if channel nine will be mentioning this in their news tonight. I doubt it. Wankers! :(

I was in Bay 14, and towards the end there was a constant stream of people being escorted off the premises. Absolutely stupid behavior by some, although only 1 actual punch-up.

skippy
27-12-2012, 07:41 PM
I was in Bay 14, and towards the end there was a constant stream of people being escorted off the premises. Absolutely stupid behavior by some, although only 1 actual punch-up.

some AFL players involved

sh10
28-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Jelena Jankovic was actually pretty good for the smurfs last nite

WolfMan
28-12-2012, 12:30 PM
some AFL players involved

I think the AFL players were on the 26th. I was only there yesterday (27th), so I can't say I saw anything involving AFL players

furns
28-12-2012, 01:24 PM
According to one of my sydney mates they have signed Nashy for the rest of the season. They may actually improve, although not by much with Snifflet in charge of that defence.

militiamon
28-12-2012, 02:37 PM
Gash signing.

Thomas477
28-12-2012, 03:54 PM
Alright, how?

Ivan or JJ aren't injured.

furns
29-12-2012, 12:02 AM
Didn't stop Victory signing three keepers.

Thomas477
29-12-2012, 09:03 AM
Didn't stop Victory signing three keepers.

Fair, but Allsopp retired a week or two before Coe signed, thus opening up a spot.

De-Champ
29-12-2012, 11:03 AM
Fair, but Allsopp retired a week or two before Coe signed, thus opening up a spot.

Petratos has been let go

pistolpete
29-12-2012, 11:16 AM
Petratos has been let go

That was before griff signed though?

militiamon
29-12-2012, 12:03 PM
Supposedly Nash was signed as an injury replacement for Necevski.

And by my count they've still got a couple of spots spare in their roster.

pv4
29-12-2012, 12:07 PM
I remember counting 24 on their roster way earlier in the season.

but not sure how many of them are on the apprentice structure like the ox, chapman, etc

militiamon
29-12-2012, 12:27 PM
Senior Squad
1. Necevski
2. Ryall
3. Fabio
4. Bosschaart
5. Sherlock
6. Culina
7. Emerton
8. Adam
9. Reid
10. Del Piero
11. Powell
12. McFlynn
13. Chianese
14. McClenahan
15. Lovrek
16. Janjetovic
17. Yau
18. Abbas
19. Grant
20. Griff
21. Antonis (youth but probably on a contract > min wage therefore included)

Youth outside of cap
Mallia
Petkovski
Gligor

On Loan (Outside of cap)
Nick Carle

Thomas477
29-12-2012, 01:27 PM
Fair enough then.

Still don't understand where all their cap space is coming from if Nash is full time.