PDA

View Full Version : The Ladies, apply within Thread.. aka the Gamer Thread

pv4
07-01-2013, 02:10 PM
could nae find a thread on general gaming like we had in foz v1. thought i'd start one.

anyone got the new Call of Duty? i notice it's been getting a mention on the wgmg thread. i have black ops (1), but that's the only one i've ever gotten. black ops 2 worth getting?

pretty sure au revior was chatting about a game coming out, similar to cod, that he was looking into.

are there any games like this where fellow ps3 nerdz can join in teams together, and newy boys can unite in?

q-money
07-01-2013, 02:14 PM
console FPS suck balls, mainly because i cannot play them and get beaten by sarcastic 12 year olds

Grimario
07-01-2013, 02:37 PM
Yeah, m+kb ftmfw.

Buddha
11-01-2013, 10:55 PM
Zombies online is pretty good. That's about it, 2K13 = Amazing

Skirt Boy
12-01-2013, 12:01 AM
I have the following games installed:

F.E.A.R 2: Project Origin
Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Dragon Age II
FIFA 12
Shift 2 Unleashed
EVE: Online
Company of Heros
Dues Ex: Human Revolution
Formula 1 2011
Velvet Assasin
Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 3
Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game
Cities XL 2011

Games I can install

Medieval Total War 2
Empire Total War
Napoleon Total War
Test Drive Unlimited 2
Hitman Blood Money
X3
F.E.A.R.
F1 2010
Resident Evil 5
Tropico 4

That's just the games on my Steam and Origin accounts. Can't be ****ed using cd/dvd's anymore.

militiamon
12-01-2013, 12:08 AM
Total War games, oh shiiiiii. Gotta contain the nerd in me when I hear someone say that. I spent the formative years of my life playing that game (RTW). Can only play the campaigns these days, battles are now like when FIFA doesn't change for 3 years running (although Napoleon was different enough to be cool).

^ This surely makes me the first to fall in this thread.

Grimario
12-01-2013, 12:22 AM
I have a shameful list of games installed on Steam. Around 300, I think.

NewcastleForLife
12-01-2013, 01:25 AM
Total War games, oh shiiiiii. Gotta contain the nerd in me when I hear someone say that. I spent the formative years of my life playing that game (RTW). Can only play the campaigns these days, battles are now like when FIFA doesn't change for 3 years running (although Napoleon was different enough to be cool).

^ This surely makes me the first to fall in this thread.

Rome 2:TW comes out this year.

Anyone tried out Chivalry: Medieval Warfare? Having a bit of fun with that lately, usually on sale on steam for about $10, worth a look imo

militiamon
12-01-2013, 10:07 AM
I played it a while back when it was in the beta stage, very good.

Buddha
12-01-2013, 11:07 AM
Bring back Red Alert

pv4
12-06-2013, 02:58 PM
yo aurevior

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=i6AoJB54Y2o#at=34

russjaybee
12-06-2013, 10:35 PM
Bring on the "The Last of Us".

russjaybee
12-06-2013, 10:36 PM
Rome 2:TW comes out this year.

Anyone tried out Chivalry: Medieval Warfare? Having a bit of fun with that lately, usually on sale on steam for about $10, worth a look imo

Man I have Chivalry, actually pretty technical to master the fighting. Since moving house I'm yet to setup a desk so can't really game atm (other than ps3).

pv4
13-06-2013, 07:18 AM
Bring on the "The Last of Us".

it looks unreal

:rof: at the ps4 vs xbone rivalry atm

Grimario
13-06-2013, 07:31 AM
it looks unreal

I don't understand the fanboi mentality, honestly. I'll get whichever one suits my needs the most... which next gen appears to be the PS4.

russjaybee
13-06-2013, 09:39 AM

:popcorn:

edit: The Last of Us is available tomorrow apparently, ummm keen. Might grab it.

Looks like it's dropping bombs too... (http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/the-last-of-us)

pv4
19-07-2013, 07:59 AM
Have played around an hour of The Last of Us so far (just got it).

If you don't own this game, you're legit missing out. The best videogame I've ever played, bar Zelda OoT

russjaybee
19-07-2013, 10:51 AM
Picked mine up yestee, gonna crack in to it tonight, KEEEEEEEEEEEEN.
Pity there isn't co-op story mode because that would have been the shit.

Any of you nerds still get on to fifa?

psn: russjb

Add me geeks and beat me, I dare ya.

pv4
19-07-2013, 11:20 AM

The storyline is so good, within 20minutes my mrs was in tears

The Dunster
19-07-2013, 12:03 PM
I just finished Fire Emblem Awakening on 3ds. Great game.

Grimario
19-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Any of you nerds still get on to fifa?

psn: russjb

Add me geeks and beat me, I dare ya.

xbox :(

Almost certainly on the PS4 next gen though. Mrs Grim doesn't care, as long as she can watch iView through it.

russjaybee
19-07-2013, 12:39 PM
Come to the light my friend

Grimario
19-07-2013, 12:54 PM
Come to the light my friend

The sole reason I got the 360 was to play Pro Clubs with a bunch of awesome blokes from another forum. The PS3 guys there were mostly ok but with a few dicks thrown in.

There is no light btw.

russjaybee
19-07-2013, 01:00 PM
If anyone is keen I'd be up for some funs. Don't mind a bit of team play.
Mostly spent all my time on FUT and playing dirty jets / arsenal seasons.

That feel when your 17 year old youth player scored for the first team :rof:

pv4
24-07-2013, 10:11 AM
Pity there isn't co-op story mode because that would have been the shit.

How far in are you? I'm legit hooked on this game

russjaybee
24-07-2013, 01:54 PM
Umm not far hey man.

Only had a couple of sessions, still with old love Tess trying to get Ellie out of the city. In the falling down skyscraper, gotta clear a floor of a handful of runners and clickers.

There are some tough moments, totally forgot about the ninja hearing mode to see through walls haha, gotta have another crack and use that.

If you're in front of me don't spoil bra!

Bon
24-07-2013, 01:59 PM
I just finished Fire Emblem Awakening on 3ds. Great game.

I'm with you man.. Damn awesome RPG for the 3DS..

pv4
24-07-2013, 02:29 PM
Umm not far hey man.

Only had a couple of sessions, still with old love Tess trying to get Ellie out of the city. In the falling down skyscraper, gotta clear a floor of a handful of runners and clickers.

There are some tough moments, totally forgot about the ninja hearing mode to see through walls haha, gotta have another crack and use that.

If you're in front of me don't spoil bra!

Yep I'm a far way past that, but get the feeling I've barely scraped the surface of what's yet to come.

:rof: I remember that room. At the time I thought it was fxxxed, and it took me so long to clear. The mrs stormed out from fear about 3 times :rof: but looking back at that room now and comparing it to some of the things I've cleared since, that room was a walk in the park. I reckon I spent a good 30mins (without dying) trying to clear a non-infected zone yesterday.

You'll probably find your own groove on how to deal with packs of infected, but I've found over time that the best way to deal with them when you can't stealth the whole time is eliminate the clickers immediately, and worry about the runners later. If you're in punching combat with a runner, the other infected will kind of stand around until you're done and then try and attack you when you finish. Taking a few hits from leftover runners is better than being killed by a clicker instantly. So I suggest getting a good sight on the clicker, shooting him, and then just melee your way through the runners. And try and save your melee weapons for clickers because they're a waste on runners.

That stealth hearing thing will legit be your best friend later, particularly when dealing with non-infected.

What difficulty are you playing on? I just went normal.

russjaybee
24-07-2013, 04:02 PM
Yeh I'm just rolling normal. Roger that on the clicker front, think I attempted the room 3 times (without using stealth hearing) would get spotted by a runner and every time melee occurred it would be the clicker that got me, little slut.

Sick game but (Y)

PS did you play Uncharted? Hard not to compare the lead in TLoU with Nathan Drake haha

pv4
25-07-2013, 06:31 AM
Yeah there's parts later in the game that it's near necessary to remove the clickers and just ignore the runners basically.

I'm stuck on a room now that is just wave after wave of around 2-3 clickers and 4-5 runners being sent at you.

Nope didn't play Uncharted (apart from Batman Arkham City, the only video games I've bought in the last 5 years have been FIFA and NBA 2k), but have heard it's pretty similar. I guess you'd expect similarities if it's the same mob making the games.

Still easily the greatest game I've ever played.

russjaybee
25-07-2013, 09:33 AM
Yeh totally. Uncharted 2 is an amazing game also, highly recommend if you're ever after something similar.

russjaybee
05-08-2013, 10:52 AM
Soooooo.... this game is pretty damn good.

Have played more pv4 and really getting in to it.

SPOILERS BELOW ...
Tess is goneski and we've met up with Bill, about to start gathering car parts. The scene when you get strung up by Bills trap and have to fight of the horde attacking you whilst hanging from the roof, awesome.

pv4
05-08-2013, 12:48 PM
Soooooo.... this game is pretty damn good.

Have played more pv4 and really getting in to it.

Man, so good!

SPOILER WHITE FONT BELOW
That scene was epic! You have so so many just as good, if not better, coming up.

You're probably at the stage where you're starting to get into the swing of how you deal with hordes of infected too - it was around that stage I really started getting into the "clickers first, everything else later". There's a pretty epic "boss battle" coming up soon for you too :rof:

I'm pretty far ahead (powered through, so hooked), but haven't played in over a week. Will have a crack tonight again.

Keep me updated, would love to hear more about where you're up to! You have so far to go, so many feels, so many epic battles!

Grimario
05-08-2013, 12:58 PM
Man, so good!

I'm pretty far ahead (powered through, so hooked), but haven't played in over a week. Will have a crack tonight again.

You better be out at Rathmines this weekend throwing plastic.

russjaybee
07-08-2013, 09:31 AM
The Last of Us play through for pv4

Last night we went out on our mission with Bill to get the battery and yes, encountered the boss you were talking about, the Bloater. This sucker took some time to kill, pretty standard boss battle though.

Definitely getting the hang of the whole *clickers first* approach and after trying a section stealth a couple of times I've just raged and blew the f*ckers apart haha.

Found old mate Bill's partner hanging and then the note where his partner pretty much cains Bill haha. At moments like that I kinda wish there was an option to show Bill the note if you wanted to?

Anyway so Ellie and I got out of there and have since fought our way out of the trap sprung on us when we hit the city.
I'm now up to the main sort of compound area just after the checkpoint where these scumbags are hiding out.
Something really annoying though my save point is just after I kind of accidentally started a big gun fight with everyone in the warehouse so I'm at a pretty shitty point haha. People coming at me from all angles.

pv4
12-08-2013, 06:50 AM
That part is awesome! Definately keep the updates coming!

I finished the game last night. Them feels!!!!!! Definately persevere with the game - well worth it. Am thinking of running through it again - and I get the feeling I get to keep my weapon upgrades if I do (Y)

russjaybee
19-08-2013, 10:52 AM
The Last of Us cont.

Well pv4 a lot has happened since my last update, truly been a roller coaster ride.

Met up with Henry and Sam, whoa that was a pretty ruthless emotional ride they took us on with that one, the scene where Ellie and Sam bond and then straight afterwards you find out Sam's been bitten, far out. Then Henry just straight up shoots himself, holy shit.

Then of course we went and met up with Tommy at Jackson City and we finally had the emotional breakthrough between Ellie and Joel, again, awesome. The game is written and directed so well. I find myself wanting to play through the sections just to get to the next cut-scene and see where the story goes.

We've made our way to the Uni and I'm just about at the Science Lab, just having to deal with another Bloater, annoying thing.

The game is very linear but that almost makes it even stronger, doesn't have to rely on this "open world" type stuff because you're actually so engrossed in the narrative and the characters.

russjaybee
23-08-2013, 02:25 PM
pv4 I finished it last night.

Simply amazing. Easily the best single player game I have ever played.
Some incredible moments throughout what was an arduous journey.

Jeterpool
18-09-2013, 08:07 AM
How are people finding GTA V so far?

Grimario
18-09-2013, 08:46 AM
Loving it. Only about 2 hours in, still running around as Franklin and only done a handful of missions. Think last was intro to Chops mission.

I absolutely suck at the driving... which may make the game somewhat unfun later on. Bikes are an entirely different story, love hooning around on them.

pv4
18-09-2013, 09:13 AM
pv4 I finished it last night.

Simply amazing. Easily the best single player game I have ever played.
Some incredible moments throughout what was an arduous journey.

I missed this! Sorry bud. Fuark, such a good game. So many feels in it. The best game I've played also, easily.

I went for round 2, started playing it again, but the novelty had worn off a little bit. I think I'll go back to it in a few months and replay it.

GTA V - wasn't planning on rushing out and buying it, wound up in JB on the way home yesterday and bought it :rof:

I'm basically just going through missions (mixing it up between Franklin & Michael) with the too-occasional sidetrack. Played a couple of sidegames with Michael - tennis was OK, golf was heaps of fun :rof:

I'm enjoying the driving, seem to be handling it fine. Have barely used Franklin's special ability of slow-speed when driving, but that may help you out a fair bit Grim particularly when you have a pacey car.

The major thing I'm having trouble with handling so far is moving my guy around on his feet - I've only ever played the very first GTA and San Andreas, and I seemed to have a better handle on shooting, and fighting with melee, better in San Andreas. This games movements seem more real, less controllable, and I'm still getting used to it.

I'm up to the Lester missions, for anyone who's up to that bit.

Grimario
18-09-2013, 09:23 AM
I am actually thinking of calling in sick today so I can play it some more :(

russjaybee
18-09-2013, 09:25 AM
pv4 I miss TLoU and want to replay it but I know it's too soon also.

So good, all things considered the game truly is a masterpiece in every sense of the word.

There was a really good article linked on reddit which tried to explain in essay format why the game affected this particular player so much, it was a great read, I'll try and find it.

Grimario
19-09-2013, 11:31 AM
Ergh, GTA V so good. So freaking tired, really have to stop staying up till 1am playing it then getting up at 7am for work :(

BodyNovo
19-09-2013, 11:57 AM
am also on the no sleep bandwagon.

can't believe how smooth transition is entering in & out of missions there is no loading phase, just straight into it.

would buy dog like chop as well :grin:

last mission i did last night was the stealth mode robbery of the jewellery store

Grimario
19-09-2013, 12:05 PM
Yeah, did the same. You aren't far off getting to meet Trevor :D

Anyone with an iPhone used the iFruit companion app yet?

russjaybee
19-09-2013, 12:58 PM
Broke $800mil on opening day apparently, dayuuuuuum.

Have not yet bought it for exactly the reasons Grim mentioned a couple of posts up.

It's too soon after finishing TLoU as well.

pv4
20-09-2013, 02:52 PM
:rof: I did the jewellery store heist the loud way. How did the stealth way go down?

Trevor :wub: :wub: fxxxing nutcase

Am loving this game

BodyNovo
20-09-2013, 03:23 PM
I'm in a precarious position

being a pes fan boy

pes was released on psn store this morning (currently downloading at home while i work)

loving gta, but could play pes for hours.

pv4
20-09-2013, 06:09 PM
Pes smh

Grimario
01-10-2013, 09:41 PM
Finished single player story of gta v. Really really good.

Just booting up the online now.

evolution
01-10-2013, 10:41 PM
Just booting up the online now.

Any luck? I've timed out trying to locate a session about 9 times now.

Grimario
01-10-2013, 11:12 PM
I've got in a few times but the first solo mission is a car race with Lamar and I've only had the "race starts here" area show up once... And that one time, it timed out trying to load the race.

Superdylan
01-10-2013, 11:22 PM
How are people finding GTA V so far?

Keep ending up at the stripclub :lulz:

I swear the cars are better in this game, either that or I am just becoming a better driver especially the control over the Ferraris.

Bon
02-10-2013, 08:09 AM
I realise the only game people want to talk about is GTAV, but any other nerds out there ever played Terraria?
New patch came out yesterday and it is brilliant.. haha

pv4
02-10-2013, 09:17 AM
Keep ending up at the stripclub :lulz:

:rof:

I've just finished the Paleto Bay bank heist, gotten the last car for Desmond, and have scoped out the UD heist via helicopter. Is that near the end of the missions?

russjaybee
02-10-2013, 09:22 AM
Negative Bon, Minecraft but not Terraria.

Bon
02-10-2013, 09:25 AM
Negative Bon, Minecraft but not Terraria.

Hahaha, yeah.. Well Terraria is just a 2D rip off of Minecraft basically..
I spent a bit of time recently getting "not low" and playing Minecraft with a mate, but Terraria has taken that over now..

Grimario
02-10-2013, 11:29 AM
:rof:

I've just finished the Paleto Bay bank heist, gotten the last car for Desmond, and have scoped out the UD heist via helicopter. Is that near the end of the missions?

Closer to the end than the beginning... but no. UD is the last heist but bunch of shit has to happen before you get to that point.

Grimario
02-10-2013, 11:34 AM
I realise the only game people want to talk about is GTAV, but any other nerds out there ever played Terraria?
New patch came out yesterday and it is brilliant.. haha

I have it on Steam... I have apparently played 9 hours of it but honestly don't remember more than a few minutes. Entirely possible I loaded it up and left it sitting idle to get a Steam achievement or something :gent:

Bon
02-10-2013, 11:36 AM
I have it on Steam... I have apparently played 9 hours of it but honestly don't remember more than a few minutes. Entirely possible I loaded it up and left it sitting idle to get a Steam achievement or something :gent:

Hahaha.. Well get on it, Grim..
I have it on Steam too, until last night I had only ever played the console version of it..

russjaybee
02-10-2013, 12:28 PM
Hahaha, yeah.. Well Terraria is just a 2D rip off of Minecraft basically..
I spent a bit of time recently getting "not low" and playing Minecraft with a mate, but Terraria has taken that over now..

LOL subtle man, that's the best way to play games anyway, it's the way I won div1 in fifa haha.

I played Minecraft pretty heavily when it was still beta probably 3 years ago? Ages ago, changed heaps since.
I love the game but don't have the time or effort to invest in it these days.

I did muck around recently with the ComputerCraft mod, then I realised how dumb it was for me to work all day then go home, go in to a game and pretty much do the same shit in a game.

I think I need to get out more.

russjaybee
04-10-2013, 10:52 AM
Also, whos got Fifa14 here and what are your thoughts?

Contemplating buying it on the way home today, I've had rave reviews from mates.

PS, GT6 will be ps3's swansong and will feature Mt Panorama (finally).

Jeterpool
04-10-2013, 11:19 AM

Contemplating buying it on the way home today, I've had rave reviews from mates.

I've decided not to get FIFA 14 at this stage. I will not be updating from the Xbox 360 so I decided I'll buy the last version of FIFA they release on 360 format.

Can't help with feedback on the game either sorry.

BodyNovo
04-10-2013, 11:36 AM

feels like the same game tbh bar a couple of tweaks on shooting and ball at feet

your basically buying the game for updated kits & squads

russjaybee
04-10-2013, 12:24 PM
BodyNovo would you consider yourself an avid Fifa player?

Did you play FUT and Online Seasons etc?

My mates say it's fairly different slowed down a lot and less arcadey again.
They reckon it's much harder to just roll people with ridiculous skill moves and that runs are more intelligent.

Grimario
04-12-2013, 12:28 PM
Any PC gamers in here?

New Humble Bundle... for the cost of a cup of coffee, you can get Steam keys for...

Natural Selection 2 ($25)
Sanctum 2 ($15)
Magicka + all DLC ($40)

Pay more than average (currently $4.01 USD) and unlock bonus games.

Orcs Must Die 2 Complete ($25)
Garry's Mod ($2.50 - on sale, RRP $10)
Serious Sam 3: BFE ($40)

Plus bonus game to be unlocked in the near future.

$5 for $165 worth of games.

BodyNovo
05-12-2013, 02:14 PM
anyone on here got a ps4 or xbox 1

always been a Playstation man but stupidly left my run late for a Pre order to get one prior to christmas.

is it worth buying an xbox 1 so i have something to do during my Christmas break from work or do i wait till they stock up next year?

goaliepersempre
05-12-2013, 09:13 PM
Moving in with housemates, Wanna get a console to procrastinate every now and then after uni. Played both but no real preference.

What would you guys suggest?

Bon
05-12-2013, 09:41 PM
Moving in with housemates, Wanna get a console to procrastinate every now and then after uni. Played both but no real preference.

Boobs.. Way better than either console..

Retro Jet
06-12-2013, 12:38 AM

Boobs.. Way better than either console..

Great answer Bon

Now.......clear your Inbox so I can PM ya!!! :tongue:

NUGUNS
06-12-2013, 03:44 PM
TBH I bought one of the Xbone and I'm not really that impressed. Launch titles for both next gen consoles are pretty lacking imo.

furns
06-12-2013, 05:24 PM
am a ps fanboi but from what i have heard the ps4 while a great machine is severely lacking in basic multimedia functionality.
no dlna streaming, no cd or mp3 playback, no backwards compatibility means I will be hanging onto my ps3 for a while yet.

Skirt Boy
06-12-2013, 07:25 PM
Consoles are for noobs and people with a little e-penis.

pistolpete
06-12-2013, 07:55 PM

So what do you think of your new console?

Bon
06-12-2013, 08:27 PM

You literally had me laughing out loud with that comment..
Brilliant stuff..

russjaybee
10-12-2013, 06:09 PM
I would say PS4 > Xbone but would not get either yet.

If you have a ps3 I would be keeping that well in to next year, there is not really a standout ps4 launch title and as mentioned above lack of DLNA / media playback is an issue, would be very surprised if this wasn't catered to with a software update sooner rather than later.

Great PS4 Review (http://www.polygon.com/a/ps4-review)

Also PS3 is getting GT6 finally ft Mt Panorama.

russjaybee
06-01-2014, 02:57 PM
What other geeks on here have Fifa 14?

Finally fronted up and bought it over the holidays and have not yet come to a conclusion about it.

Mainly been learning the new style with a Jets manager career. Don't mind it though am still frustrated with some decisions defenders make.

Like when one CB is clearly about to receive the ball and the other one actually moves CLOSER to you rather than opening out the field and providing a good option to pass to etc.

Menu's have been improved as it always felt super painfully clunky, would never call a fifa interface responsive, so bloated.

pv4
06-01-2014, 03:03 PM
Have not got it. Have been told that it's (still) all about pace abuse as well as hearing that attacking headers are ridiculously OP to the point that it ruins the game - Carzola out-jumping Mertesacker type specs.

russjaybee
06-01-2014, 03:11 PM
Lol... My first impressions are that they nuked the pace abuse a little but I haven't played enough with top teams / players to really know.

I played 3 seasons games with RM when I first got it and certainly cr7 is still pretty dirty, but so he should be really.

Grimario
06-01-2014, 03:14 PM
Enjoyed playing clubs when I have had a chance as well as a bit of the 2 player co-op seasons. REALLY looking forward to higher quality stable internet in Adelaide to play even more.

Bon
06-01-2014, 03:15 PM
I'm waiting for Ninja to write in here.. From what I've heard/seen, he is quite the master at it..

Skirt Boy
06-01-2014, 04:54 PM
What other geeks on here have Fifa 14?

I've got the pc version. It's the bomb. Pretty amusing when you're playing away and are in front in during the second half the crowd goes quiet.

russjaybee
06-01-2014, 04:55 PM
<- ps3 gaymer

skippy
06-01-2014, 08:42 PM
Anyone got Gran Turismo 6? Worth it?

russjaybee
07-01-2014, 10:30 AM
I've got it Skip, purely for the Mt Panorama factor, haven't played it yet.

My mate has given it a whirl though and was not super impressed. GT has sort of been dead since GT4.
5 was a big disappointment.

I hate the way they've changed the format and moved stuff to online etc.

Take my back to having a world map with manufacturer races etc.

q-money
07-01-2014, 11:16 AM
the old GT's were the best, i used to smoke cones and sit on the high speed bowl (lol) tweaking gear ratios in the toyota gt-one for weeks on end

russjaybee
07-01-2014, 11:25 AM
Haha qmo I think GT3 is still my favourite. Jumping in the Suzuki Escudo monster, changing the downforce settings and doing the High Speed Bowl off the ground, good times.

Or just doing dirt enduro's on the Super Speedway and riding the **** outta the wall.

q-money
07-01-2014, 11:39 AM
high speed bowl and pikes peak 4 lyf

russjaybee
07-01-2014, 12:12 PM
Reminds me of Climb Dance, apparently Peugeot remastered dat shit after Loeb domed the record last year...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4CRoDqT4wY&hd=1

q-money
07-01-2014, 12:38 PM
when is it going to get released?

russjaybee
07-01-2014, 01:20 PM
Well apparently that is it, though looks pretty much like the one I watched many years ago.

There is this POV of the Loeb run however it's no where near as nice as the old Climb Dance cut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y20CLumT2Sg&hd=1

q-money
07-01-2014, 01:24 PM
almost apples and oranges, vatanen's run is on the dirt, loeb's is full tarmac.

i still love that bit where he pulls his hand up to block the sun, unbelievable driver

mind you, loeb on tarmac :cool:

q-money
07-01-2014, 01:32 PM
but fuark 6.50 when loeb is on the limiter oh my days that is quick

russjaybee
07-01-2014, 01:46 PM
Yep the old Pikes Peak was a different kind of monster, tamed down only ever so slightly now.

Yeah I love that bit as well, you realise how truly crazy it is, some sections he can't even see due to dust etc.
Absolutely mad.

I haven't watched all the Loeb one. This is all taking me back to watching WRC in the Tommi Makinen days, dayum I loved that Evo.

Schultz
07-01-2014, 02:11 PM
Love the old Pikes Peak runs before all the trees.
Love Dirt 3; interested to see WRC4 on PS4 though.

russjaybee
07-01-2014, 02:19 PM
I had the original WRC on ps2, loved it to be honest.

pv4
20-02-2014, 11:40 AM
Anyone seen this Twitch playing Pokemon thing? :rof:

http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon
https://sites.google.com/site/twitchplayspokemonstatus/
http://www.reddit.com/live/sw7bubeycai6hey4ciytwamw3a

Bremsstrahlung
20-02-2014, 11:52 AM
start = 987986896876 people rage quitting

selassie
21-02-2014, 02:13 PM
the music makes it i reckon.

how slack is democratically deciding on anarchy. some epic stories coming out about it. described as either watching an evolutionary process or watching the money markets.

pv4
21-02-2014, 02:31 PM
The thing is fxxxing beautiful.

Consult the Helix! Personally a big fan of Bird Jesus, and am becoming a new-dawner fan of BigDig :rof:

pv4
21-02-2014, 02:32 PM
My favourite quote about TPP so far has been:

It's like watching QWOP doing a tax return

russjaybee
21-02-2014, 02:54 PM
I need to get on to this shit as I have absolutely no idea what you guys are on about.

Anyone played TLoU DLC?

pv4
21-02-2014, 03:25 PM
Tlou has dlc?!?!?!?!

pv4
14-03-2014, 01:03 PM
PC gaming nerdz - I want to buy South Park: Stick of Truth on PC.

How do I find the cheapest price to buy it on PC?

Bon
14-03-2014, 01:07 PM
PC gaming nerdz - I want to buy South Park: Stick of Truth on PC.

How do I find the cheapest price to buy it on PC?

Haha.. I too, have been looking in to this purchase..
Haven't done it yet though, so I can't help you. But once you sort it out, please let me know mate.. :pissup:

Grimario
14-03-2014, 02:44 PM
http://www.comparegames.com.au/PC/South-Park-The-Stick-Of-Truth/prices/7995

SteamHookups $27.73
SimplyCDKeys $42.53
CJSCDKeys $44.14
Fast2Play $45.86
CDKeysWarehouse $49.99
DungeonCrawl $54.93
MightyApe $57.89
Base $63.44
CheapGamesAU $63.59
PlayAsia $66.58
PlayAsia $66.58
GamersGate $66.58
365Games $67.14
Harvey Norman $68.00
SimplyGames $68.72
GamesMen $68.90
JBHifi $69.00
EBGames $69.95
ShopTo $71.50
GameSeek $72.97
Go2Games $82.68
Amazon $83.68

pv4
03-04-2014, 04:28 PM
Haha.. I too, have been looking in to this purchase..
Haven't done it yet though, so I can't help you. But once you sort it out, please let me know mate.. :pissup:

Attn: Bon

Going for digital copy from Green Man Gaming for $45 (on sale right now).

q-money
03-04-2014, 04:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgtL5Neb9yU

goat simulator released

Bon
04-04-2014, 09:38 AM
Attn: Bon

Going for digital copy from Green Man Gaming for $45 (on sale right now).

Cheers man, I'll look in to it this arvo!

Goat simulator looks pretty messed up! hahahaha

pv4
04-04-2014, 12:10 PM
Cheers man, I'll look in to it this arvo!

Can confirm it's extremely addictive and absolutely hilarious. It proper is like an episode. I just finished a quest where I had to bust Craig (the dude who flicks the rude finger all the time) out of weekend detention by bashing up ginger hall monitors :rof:

pv4
04-04-2014, 02:05 PM

goat simulator released

:rof::rof::rof:

:brr:

Good to see you can climb ladders :rof:

russjaybee
05-04-2014, 01:08 PM
Ladder goat is the best type of goat.

Goat Simulator looks pretty realistic, goats just ****ing things up just like irl.

Grimario
05-04-2014, 08:32 PM
How good does WatchDogs look? End of May can't come soon enough.

Bremsstrahlung
09-04-2014, 01:08 PM

goat simulator released

18 minutes in, no regrets.

pv4
09-04-2014, 01:34 PM
Can confirm it's extremely addictive and absolutely hilarious.

South Park: Stick of Truth is so freaking funny & good.

There was a big quest that involved going to Canada, and I'm pretty sure from start to finish I didn't stop laughing :rof:

I think I'm coming to the end of the main storyline - the build-up is making me think I don't have too much longer to go.

Far out, what a great game. Will definately be re-playing as a different class!

Bon
11-04-2014, 09:04 AM
Parksey just sent me this awesome game called Farmville.. Heaps addictive ay..

:grin:

Buddha
11-04-2014, 10:51 AM
Has the new Farming Simulator come out yet?

Grimario
11-04-2014, 11:13 AM
Has the new Farming Simulator come out yet?

Won't be out till November if their release history is anything to go by.

You can get Professional Farmer 2014 in the Extreme Sims 2 Bundle by Bundle Stars.

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/extreme-sims-2/

As you can see, there are some amazing games in there... including the brilliant Towtruck Simulator 2015 and the immensely detailed Warehouse and Logistics Simulator.

For around $5 US, you would be mad not to pick this up.

Bon
11-04-2014, 11:16 AM
Won't be out till November if their release history is anything to go by.

You can get Professional Farmer 2014 in the Extreme Sims 2 Bundle by Bundle Stars.

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/extreme-sims-2/

As you can see, there are some amazing games in there... including the brilliant Towtruck Simulator 2015 and the immensely detailed Warehouse and Logistics Simulator.

For around $5 US, you would be mad not to pick this up.

Hahaha Brilliant..
My favourite is the original "Stair Dismount".. Anyone else ever play that one back in the day?
You get points by throwing a body down the stairs and depending on your variation of angle/speed you get points for the most you can bang it up?
Physics at its finest..

Grimario
11-04-2014, 11:21 AM
Hahaha Brilliant..
My favourite is the original "Stair Dismount".. Anyone else ever play that one back in the day?
You get points by throwing a body down the stairs and depending on your variation of angle/speed you get points for the most you can bang it up?
Physics at its finest..
Stair dismount was actually fantastic fun. I just remember that the BEST angle was a few degrees off vertical and in the middle of the foot... the impact would somehow make your foot flip up onto your head, wrap over your shoulder and get all kinds of crazy points.

And looking at that bundle, if the bridge building game was any good, I would actually consider picking it up. I loved the games that Chronic Logic made - Pontifex/Bridge Builder/Bridge Builder 2. Good brain stuff and a lot of them encouraged lateral thinking to come up with a design that worked.

Shame the "game" in that bundle appears to be an absolute mess like all of the simulation games in that bundle.

Bon
11-04-2014, 11:30 AM
Stair dismount was actually fantastic fun. I just remember that the BEST angle was a few degrees off vertical and in the middle of the foot... the impact would somehow make your foot flip up onto your head, wrap over your shoulder and get all kinds of crazy points.

And looking at that bundle, if the bridge building game was any good, I would actually consider picking it up. I loved the games that Chronic Logic made - Pontifex/Bridge Builder/Bridge Builder 2. Good brain stuff and a lot of them encouraged lateral thinking to come up with a design that worked.

Shame the "game" in that bundle appears to be an absolute mess like all of the simulation games in that bundle.

I seem to remember "playing" those bridge building games during Engo classes back at uni..

After Stair Dismount, I moved on to Truck Dismount..
Same sort of premise, except you drive a truck straight into a wall and have to vary the speed, angle, windscreen and the location of jumps in front of it..

Grimario
11-04-2014, 11:33 AM
Speaking of games where you drive into things...

Anyone looked at the early release of the Carmageddon remake?

Some of my favourite gaming memories were playing that back in my youth.

Bon
11-04-2014, 11:39 AM
Anyone looked at the early release of the Carmageddon remake?

Oh no way..
I remember playing that waaaaaay back in the day.. Linking it up with some mates and being blown away that we could actually play the same game together at the same time..

Grimario
11-04-2014, 11:48 AM
http://store.steampowered.com/app/249380/
http://www.carmageddon.com/reincarnation

Looks excellent.

pv4
11-04-2014, 02:25 PM
Was Carmageddon the one that had a mature-er rating than most games, and parents had a mini fit over it?

Grimario
11-04-2014, 02:29 PM
Probably. You took part in "races" that you could win by finishing first or by killing all other drivers. There were also bonus points for killing pedestrians as well as power ups that helped you do it such as lightning rays or spring propulsion to fling them into buildings. You could drive into a stadium and mow down 22 gridiron players in the middle of a game.

Think they were zombies in the Australian version... or maybe I am imagining that.

russjaybee
14-04-2014, 09:37 AM
Carmageddon was dope.

pv4
08-08-2014, 02:37 PM
So I picked up Oddworld: Abe's Odysee on Steam for $2 or so.

Oh my days what a good game, I forgot how good it was.

Premy
23-08-2014, 06:04 PM
Found this on FB had to share it comedy gold.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EglOsfErtaE

WolfMan
23-08-2014, 06:13 PM
Pretty decent script

Grimario
23-08-2014, 06:21 PM
Found this on FB had to share it comedy gold.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EglOsfErtaE
Noon mistake. That's why you have nothing but digital copies.

Grimario
26-08-2014, 06:13 PM
PC gamers...

http://www.humblebundle.com/

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing - Complete Pack
Deadlight
Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition

Pay more than the average of $6.49 to unlock!
Terraria
THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII Steam Edition
Crusader Kings II
3 DLC Unit Packs

Pay $15 or more to unlock!
Age of Empires Legacy Bundle

More games coming soon!

Bremsstrahlung
24-09-2014, 10:54 PM
Cheapest place to get fifa 15 - go

Bremsstrahlung
24-09-2014, 11:51 PM
Target - $68
JB - $69
EB- $89

For PS3

Target was $68 for everything.

Grimario
25-09-2014, 03:49 PM
Got it bought as a birthday present, woo.

PS4 version. Living with sister in law who has one so upgraded from Xbox.

Have The Last of Us Remastered and Destiny to play but both on the back burner with Fifa arriving

weston
25-09-2014, 07:11 PM
I got ps4 version. First derby. 3-0. Celeski hat trick than red card. Woooo!

Grimario
26-09-2014, 07:19 AM
Just did a FUT squad builder using 433 and a-league only. Jets have three players in the best Bronze squad possible

pv4
26-09-2014, 07:36 AM
I feel like this will be the first version of FIFA I don't buy, since 98 RTWC.

I'm barely playing videogames nowadays, and when I do it's the odd steam game or multiplayer N64.

And I don't have a next gen console, and just can't see me doing the game justice by getting it for my PS3.

RIP pv4's childhood - you're a boring grownup now m8.

Jeterpool
26-09-2014, 08:32 AM
I feel like this will be the first version of FIFA I don't buy, since 98 RTWC.

I'm barely playing videogames nowadays, and when I do it's the odd steam game or multiplayer N64.

And I don't have a next gen console, and just can't see me doing the game justice by getting it for my PS3.

RIP pv4's childhood - you're a boring grownup now m8.

I'm finding the following formula is applicable to me at the moment:

New kid + house renovations = what console do I own again?

goaliepersempre
27-09-2014, 09:12 AM
Hey guys I'm thinking getting the ps4 over here...

Just question should I or not?

And the purchase of games, is there similar things like the DVD Bly rays with geo codes etc?

As I would obviously want the games in English, but they only sell in German, Italian and French here in switErland?

Cheers

Grimario
13-11-2014, 09:58 AM
Are there any PC gamers who have NOT played Skyrim? I've got a key if anyone wants it...

Free for anyone not a gypo. Sorry pv4.

Skirt Boy
13-11-2014, 10:10 AM
So what does everybody think of this "Gamergate" thing?

Grimario
13-11-2014, 10:12 AM
I've not really been following it... is it the "the gaming journalism industry is corrupt" thing? If so, what a shock. Who would have thought that media outlets can be bought. Next insular gamers will discover that mainstream media isn't reliable either.

Bon
13-11-2014, 03:03 PM
Are there any PC gamers who have NOT played Skyrim? I've got a key if anyone wants it...

Free for anyone not a gypo. Sorry pv4.

I've never played Skyrim.. Stayed away from it due to every wanker mate with a console going beserk about it..
Hows it go on the PC??

Grimario
13-11-2014, 03:20 PM
I've never played Skyrim.. Stayed away from it due to every wanker mate with a console going beserk about it..
Hows it go on the PC??

Phenomenal game. You can go check it out at pv4's place since he conned me out of the key.

Bon
13-11-2014, 03:24 PM
Phenomenal game. You can go check it out at pv4's place since he conned me out of the key.

That fvcker..
He's got more important things to get prepared and plan for.. Like collecting Matt Simon's tears after last night..

pv4
13-11-2014, 03:27 PM
That fvcker..
He's got more important things to get prepared and plan for.. Like collecting Matt Simon's tears after last night..

It is all a ploy to lure you to come check out my house and help me renovate at the same time

Grimario
13-11-2014, 03:30 PM
That fvcker..

That was so good. Did you go to school with him too?

Skirt Boy
13-11-2014, 04:38 PM
Hows it go on the PC??

Kicks arse. Major time sink and you need mods.

Premy
13-11-2014, 05:22 PM
That was so good. Did you go to school with him too?

I doubt it, Bon is older than Gandalf

weston
15-11-2014, 08:18 AM
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152609671722912&pnref=story

Sign me up stubbs

Bremsstrahlung
14-01-2015, 11:18 AM
Got a PS4 the other day.
FIFA 15 on PS4 10 x better than on PS3.

Grimario
14-01-2015, 11:45 AM
Got a PS4 the other day.
FIFA 15 on PS4 10 x better than on PS3.

Play sometime? I might be less AIDS than when I play against people in UK/US with local latency :(

Grimario
14-01-2015, 02:37 PM
https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos_games/v2

For anyone old enough to remember DOS... holy shit.

goaliepersempre
29-07-2015, 02:25 AM
PS Ids?

Grimario
29-07-2015, 01:23 PM
K9Countess

Not my account, my sister in laws. I don't own the machine :(

plague
03-08-2015, 04:20 PM
Hello;
Not sure there is a computer thread but thought this would be the best place to find computer nerdy nerdz.

Anyone know where I could get a 'cheap' copy of windows 7?

Yes this is a strange request and no I am not encino man.

Any help would be ace.

Ta.

Grimario
29-08-2015, 04:42 AM
Picked up madden yesterday, first time since I had a copy on the wiki 7+ years ago.

Somehow lost about 8 hours.

WolfMan
29-08-2015, 05:22 AM
Picked up madden yesterday, first time since I had a copy on the wiki 7+ years ago.

Haha, me too. What system?

The Dunster
29-08-2015, 04:32 PM

In 1992 I played Madden 92 on the megadrive every day. loved that game. Especially the ambulance. funniest shit I've ever seen in a video game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_138p6uzhUk

weston
29-08-2015, 06:09 PM
Hello;
Not sure there is a computer thread but thought this would be the best place to find computer nerdy nerdz.

Anyone know where I could get a 'cheap' copy of windows 7?

Yes this is a strange request and no I am not encino man.

Any help would be ace.

Ta.

How did you go with this? I'm also after the same.

Grimario
30-08-2015, 12:40 AM
Haha, me too. What system?

Ps4. Did some dishes, think I had coffee and ate food twice today. Most of the day spent finishing off regular season with 49ers. Finished 12-4, info the wildcard playoffs against Falcons.

WolfMan
30-08-2015, 07:06 AM
Ps4. Did some dishes, think I had coffee and ate food twice today. Most of the day spent finishing off regular season with 49ers. Finished 12-4, info the wildcard playoffs against Falcons.

Nice. Also ps4 here. A few friends are going to start a Connected Franchise (once EA patch it. Lots of bugs at the minute)

8 - 10 min qtrs to keep it light on time. Let me know if you're keen.

PSN is WolfMan30483.

Grimario
30-08-2015, 12:35 PM
Nice. Also ps4 here. A few friends are going to start a Connected Franchise (once EA patch it. Lots of bugs at the minute)

PSN is WolfMan30483.

I'm keen... Wonder if I can participate in two as I'm already in one

WolfMan
30-08-2015, 02:28 PM
I'm keen... Wonder if I can participate in two as I'm already in one

Think so, not sure. Would think it would be like having a few save games on your system. No biggy

Grimario
30-08-2015, 04:02 PM
Just won the Super Bowl, thrashed the Steelers. Kept Roethlisberger to 11 completions, only one TD and two picks. Kaep wasn't much better, one more completion but threw a 100 yards further. Real MVP was Hyde who had 149 on 22 carries including a lovely 43 yard run. Two TD for him, bush with one as well. Kept their backs to only 20 yards.

Champions!

WolfMan
30-08-2015, 06:12 PM
What difficulty are you playing on? I'm trying to find a good slider set for All-Pro. Few tweaks here and there, but getting closer to "real-life" numbers

Grimario
30-08-2015, 06:35 PM
What difficulty are you playing on? I'm trying to find a good slider set for All-Pro. Few tweaks here and there, but getting closer to "real-life" numbers

Started on Pro. Thinking I might need to bump it up but I'm still so awful at pass defending so I occasionally get destroyed even on this level.

Bon
30-11-2015, 12:26 PM
Some pretty ridiculous sales on Steam atm.. Some stuff going for 80% off..
Definitely worth a look..

Grimario
30-11-2015, 01:13 PM
I wish I had a working PC :(

Grimario
08-12-2015, 03:59 PM

Am now playing on All Pro, thinking I may need to move up from that. Still getting destroyed deep on occasion but rarer. Could also be that the Panthers are pretty awesome, especially in third season after Funchess, Kuechly, Thompson and Norwell/other guard whose name escapes me develop further. Team rating is 96, had a stellar draft with 1in 80's (3rd round pick), 4 in the mid 70's and traded 6/7 picks for 5/6 next year. Managed to trade an aging yet superstar Centre and two time pro bowl HB for some 3/4/5 round picks as well. Next draft I am hopefully going to be stacked.

hawk
01-01-2016, 10:42 PM
Am now playing on All Pro, thinking I may need to move up from that. Still getting destroyed deep on occasion but rarer. Could also be that the Panthers are pretty awesome, especially in third season after Funchess, Kuechly, Thompson and Norwell/other guard whose name escapes me develop further. Team rating is 96, had a stellar draft with 1in 80's (3rd round pick), 4 in the mid 70's and traded 6/7 picks for 5/6 next year. Managed to trade an aging yet superstar Centre and two time pro bowl HB for some 3/4/5 round picks as well. Next draft I am hopefully going to be stacked.

plenty of time to master this, no semis at Hunter stadium in sight

Grimario
19-01-2016, 04:02 PM

PSN is WolfMan30483.

This offer still open? I can only play so much single player or MUT and the CFM I am in is made up of a bunch of UK and North American folk.

The Dunster
19-01-2016, 04:40 PM
Any other Nintendo 3DS Addicts here ? I have been playing Monster Hunter 3 for around 2500 hrs and have around 1000 hrs booked up on Monster Hunter 4.

I'm so addicted to these two games that I play nothing else.

Grimario
19-01-2016, 04:44 PM
Any other Nintendo 3DS Addicts here ? I have been playing Monster Hunter 3 for around 2500 hrs and have around 1000 hrs booked up on Monster Hunter 4.

I'm so addicted to these two games that I play nothing else.

Man, I had a few thousand hours on 3 on the Wii. Might have to get a 3DS so I can spend some time playing it again, such an awesome game.

Monster Rancher is still probably my favourite ever game with the word Monster in it though. Generating your Monster's by sticking in a CD for it to read from was an amazing concept... shame they haven't emulated it in a mobile app using bar codes/QR codes or something.

The Dunster
19-01-2016, 09:00 PM
Man, I had a few thousand hours on 3 on the Wii. Might have to get a 3DS so I can spend some time playing it again, such an awesome game.

Monster Rancher is still probably my favourite ever game with the word Monster in it though. Generating your Monster's by sticking in a CD for it to read from was an amazing concept... shame they haven't emulated it in a mobile app using bar codes/QR codes or something.

Monster Hunter 4 is brilliant. Has full multiplayer online for 3ds, new weapon's types and best of all it's real 3-d meaning you can jump on a monsters back hold on and ride them while you slash the crap out of them.

Bremsstrahlung
20-01-2016, 07:07 AM
Have been tossing up with a 3ds for a while. This inspired me to order one last night.

Bon
20-01-2016, 08:24 AM
I might have to look up these Monster Hunter games..
I bought a 3DS a few years ago for entertainment on flights/airports while travelling.. Pretty much only played Fire Emblem Awakening (Sweet RPG)..

The Dunster
20-01-2016, 02:44 PM
For monster hunter it is best to have the New 3DS with the nub / 2nd joystick or the Circle Pad Pro Attachment [CPP] for your old 3ds XL

Bon
29-01-2016, 12:41 PM
I visited my oldies recently and stumbled across my old N64, 2 controllers and a few games..
Plucked it up and brought it back to Newy to use.. Mariokart still kicks so much ass (looks a bit... well... sh!t.. on a big tv, but still awesome fun whilst having some beers)

Jeterpool
29-01-2016, 12:44 PM
I visited my oldies recently and stumbled across my old N64, 2 controllers and a few games..
Plucked it up and brought it back to Newy to use.. Mariokart still kicks so much ass (looks a bit... well... sh!t.. on a big tv, but still awesome fun whilst having some beers)

Nice!!

NUGUNS
30-01-2016, 06:33 PM

If you wanna make it look nice, download an emulator on your laptop, download the rom for Mario Kart 64 (get the NTSC version trust me) and project the laptop to the tv.

If you have a wired xbox 360 or xbox one controller you can further map the buttons to the controller and use it instead of the keyboard.

Bremsstrahlung
30-01-2016, 08:06 PM
Beerio kart. That is all.

Jeterpool
30-01-2016, 08:43 PM
Anyone on Xbox live with an Xbox one here?

Jeterpool
05-09-2016, 07:27 AM
Anyone downloaded the Battlefield 1 Beta? What are your thoughts? I haven't, but was having a look at game at someone who has. There's a lot of hype over the game, that's for sure.

Overall I thought it seemed very good. Maybe the horse attacker v ground attacker was a bit too far weighted in the favour of the horse ride but these are what the testing is about. I look forward to the release!

goaliepersempre
28-10-2016, 01:58 AM
Battlefield 1 anyone?

Jeterpool
28-10-2016, 06:13 AM
Battlefield 1 anyone?

Enjoying it so far

Macca
28-10-2016, 08:58 AM
Thinking about getting BF1, but not having played any battlefield games before I'm just concerned over my impression that gameplay may have more running around trying to find enemies rather than actual fighting - just the impression I have with very little evidence. Is this close to the mark at all?

Couscous
28-10-2016, 09:15 AM
Subnautica. Frikken awesome*.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7BzngvURrk

* In the very few moments I have to play games.

Bremsstrahlung
28-10-2016, 01:43 PM
Anyone into FIFA 17 FUT?

Out of curiosity, can somebody explain the differences between battlefield and Call of Duty?
I really enjoyed the older call of duty and the gameplay of modern warfare 2 was probably my favourite. Now it is too futuristic and has turned into run and gun.

Macca
28-10-2016, 01:51 PM
Anyone into FIFA 17 FUT?

Out of curiosity, can somebody explain the differences between battlefield and Call of Duty?
I really enjoyed the older call of duty and the gameplay of modern warfare 2 was probably my favourite. Now it is too futuristic and has turned into run and gun.

Pretty much interested in this too, I played a lot of cod 4 (MW1). Although I think from 4 and onwards it has always been a run and gun franchise lol.
My limited understanding is that BF is slower paced, larger maps, larger team sizes, more objective focused and aiming at making each combat interaction more meaningful rather than continuously being in gunfights for the whole match. Pretty much educated guesses though, so a comparison from someone who's actually played it would be handy hah.

Jeterpool
28-10-2016, 02:08 PM
I've only played BF4 and now BF1. I've only played for the online multiplayer experience and I'm genuinely cannon fodder as it is.

The map sizes vary and I like the fact that the landscape can be destroyed in BF.

I can't really add any specific insight because I play infrequently and it's to switch off.

StannyCFCJET
28-10-2016, 05:13 PM
Anyone into FIFA 17 FUT?

Fifa is garbage Pes is where its at!!!!

goaliepersempre
28-10-2016, 05:48 PM
Thinking about getting BF1, but not having played any battlefield games before I'm just concerned over my impression that gameplay may have more running around trying to find enemies rather than actual fighting - just the impression I have with very little evidence. Is this close to the mark at all?

it depends on the map and how you play... Im loving it, the destruction of the landscape in the maps is crazy... Beautiful village by the end its all just chaos... The different classes too. A bit of adjusting needed to weapons, but its still really good...(its really all about working as a squad together) (more enjoyable if playing with other people)

But as for trying to find enemies, there are plenty.. you dont go long before you get into a massive firefight... the odd ocasion say the map when in the desert, you sometimes have to run alot to get back to action if you havent got any spawn checkpoints etc.

But as per usual always hate on the snipers...

Bremsstrahlung
30-10-2016, 11:24 AM
I decided to get Battlefield 1 instead of my annual COD game as the series has underwhelmed for a number of years and is seemingly going to end up being Halo, which doesn't really appeal to me. I enjoyed the realistic versions where it was actually ground battles and a little more strategic to capture good positions and control the battle. However this whole futuristic gameplay and running up walls and super Jumping and the like has made it a little bit ridiculous to me.

My first impressions (I've legit played 2-3 games on multiplayer) are that it's much more realistic than COD and there's definitely more of a strategic element to it. If you try and run and gun you are gonna be picked off.
The maps I've played have been good. The whole weapons selection screen etc has me a bit baffled at the moment but I'm sure it'll come with time. Overall pretty glad I opted for BF opposed to giving COD yet another chance.

Bon
27-06-2017, 09:21 AM
Nerdgasm..
Super Nintendo Classic coming out soon.. 21 in built classic games..

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2017/06/super-nintendo-classic-edition-arrives-september-29-with-21-games/

edit: You can now pre-order it from EB Games..

https://ebgames.com.au/

Grimario
04-09-2017, 03:46 PM
Happy 10th birthday to one of my favourite game franchises.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgqz8Je7P0s

StannyCFCJET
04-09-2017, 04:47 PM
Anyone else obsessed with PUBG??

The Dunster
05-09-2017, 11:05 AM
People have been playing variations of these two games for 25 years. Unfortunately I don't think any of the new wave of these games comes even close to the wow factor of when we first played Wolfenstein in 1992 or Operation Flashpoint in 2001.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/p4EfcQQXYcA/hqdefault.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-717qFi7HCcc/VlHUhimybkI/AAAAAAAAI5M/N0Ejr5wXF60/s1600/Operation%2BFlashpoint%2BCold%2BWar%2BCrisis%2BGam e%2BScreenshot%2B2.jpg

Bremsstrahlung
30-09-2017, 11:46 AM
Any comments on new Fifa?
They’ve brought back the old benefit of pace.
Idk if it’s just my inability to defend, but there’s a shitload of goals in this game. To the point it’s a little bit too attack weighted.
It’s a lot harder to defend..

Jeterpool
30-09-2017, 12:22 PM
I've always defended terribly so can't comment on that.

I find the players a bit heavy. But overall enjoyable.

The Dunster
30-09-2017, 01:18 PM
I remember FIFA 95. All you had to do was toe poke the ball along the ground from the kickoff and it beat the CPU keeper every time.
Many a Megadrive controller was launched across the room in the process.

StannyCFCJET
30-09-2017, 03:16 PM
Idk if it’s just my inability to defend, but there’s a shitload of goals in this game. To the point it’s a little bit too attack weighted.

Defending is ****ed goal keepers are shithouse beyond belief. Passing is awesome and Im loving it so far

MFKS
30-09-2017, 08:34 PM

Didn't they say that Matt Leckie was now a Balon D'Or candidate with the likes of Messi CR7 Neymar and Griffo based on his speed??

Buddha
08-10-2017, 07:55 AM
Anybody grab themselves one of those Mini SNES Classic's?

Did you find they are 1000x quicker than you expected?

Jeterpool
08-10-2017, 09:01 AM
Yeah I grabbed one. Quite enjoying it. Went in with no expectations but you're right. The loading is seemless

WolfMan
08-10-2017, 10:52 AM
I've already got my pre-order in -

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/10/australian-game-about-being-an-arsehole-goose-looks-hilarious/

Buddha
08-10-2017, 01:09 PM
Yeah I grabbed one. Quite enjoying it. Went in with no expectations but you're right. The loading is seemless

I find myself going into an extreme panic whenever I lose baby mario on Yoshi's Island, countdown timer goes down quicker than a Thai Hooker

Bon
09-10-2017, 08:43 AM
Mine arrived in the mail the other day.
I'm ashamed to say that I still haven't plugged it in..
Will be back to comment.

Bremsstrahlung
12-11-2017, 05:16 PM
Anyone played new COD?
I have the last one or two a miss cause it was a bit too space agey - halo esque.
I gave battlefield a go which I enjoyed but still prefer the Modern Warfare 2 as the benchmark personally.

With COD adventuring to WWII, I can’t see it being too futuristic and hopefully will recapture the gameplay I enjoyed. Anybody played?

furns
15-11-2017, 03:30 PM
Lot of fume about the latest Star Wars Battlefront game from what I'm hearing

Grimario
15-11-2017, 03:41 PM
Lot of fuming about micro-transactions, is it?

Bon
15-11-2017, 03:46 PM

I know people have been absolutely frothing about the micro-transactions and purchasing in-game lootboxes in the new Middle Earth - Shadow Of War..

StannyCFCJET
15-11-2017, 05:39 PM

They made the game pay to unlock and their is no extra award after rounds for being a better player

The Dunster
18-11-2017, 06:47 PM
Anybody grab themselves one of those Mini SNES Classic's?

Did you find they are 1000x quicker than you expected?

I note these things have Star Fox pre-loaded. Is it any good given the original had a special chip on the cartridge to perform certain graphic functions that were beyond the original SNES and mode 7 capabilities.
Super Metroid for me was the best game on SNES.

Grimario
08-12-2017, 11:27 AM
Homefront is free right now on Humble Bundle.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/homefront

1 day, 17 hours remaining.

goaliepersempre
25-10-2018, 10:14 PM
Goodbye life, in switzerland in time for winter…. Red Dead Redemption 2 time

StannyCFCJET
25-10-2018, 11:19 PM
Actually enjoying blops 4 and of course new FM is good

plague
31-10-2018, 04:23 PM
Biggest opening of any release of any entertainment property ever.

For a video game.
Amazing.

goaliepersempre
31-10-2018, 05:43 PM
red dead = amazing… sucks have to wait till Saturday to Play again haha.

Jeterpool
07-02-2019, 12:33 PM
So I finished Red Dead Chapter 6 over the weekend. Terrific! I enjoyed looking up the various endings as well.

I ended up at the camp looking at the sunrise. In hindsight I should have made the other choice but I wanted to sort the instigator out. Having seen how it plays out I would have got my chance regardless.

StannyCFCJET
07-02-2019, 12:43 PM
Im playing it atm, Top game. Gonna replay it though and be a goody goody

Jeterpool
07-02-2019, 01:34 PM
Im playing it atm, Top game. Gonna replay it though and be a goody goody

How far through are you?

StannyCFCJET
07-02-2019, 01:42 PM
How far through are you?

hmm Just moved the second camp site and stopped the crims in the train

Aegon
04-04-2019, 01:47 PM
I on't get to play PC games as much as i'd like.

I played World of Warships for a while and its enjoyable but each game just went for too long.
Now I just play Europa Universalis 4 if I'm on PC. so much time can disappear on this game once you know what you are doing.

Mostly i play mobile games on an iPad.

PubG mobile
&
World of Tanks Blitz

If I have no mobile reception then FM mobile definitely kills the time.

Both incredible games for a mobile platform.

Camera Hai Phong
21-02-2020, 03:45 PM
King of Wall

StannyCFCJET
07-05-2020, 12:59 PM
Surprised how much I've gotten into Animal Crossing

furns
09-05-2020, 06:14 PM
Jetstreamer Luke has been streaming on Twitch during the current shutdown. MrGlass23 - his last one was drinking heavily while playing Super Mario Cart 64. Could be good for a Saturday nights viewing haha

StannyCFCJET
09-05-2020, 06:29 PM
Jetstreamer Luke has been streaming on Twitch during the current shutdown. MrGlass23 - his last one was drinking heavily while playing Super Mario Cart 64. Could be good for a Saturday nights viewing haha

Yeah ive seen some of it. Funny stuff