toad
14-01-2013, 10:37 AM
agreed. what a champ.

can't be long before zad's lads become hoole's hools

plague
14-01-2013, 11:42 AM
His throw ins though. Gosh.
Didn't get much help though.
Am I right in remembering he played more centre mid at Magic?

Newieutd
14-01-2013, 11:51 AM
agreed. what a champ.

We will be known as the Hoolie Doolie's

Grimario
14-01-2013, 12:13 PM
Hooles Fooles, dressed in motley with bells on your hats.

belchardo
14-01-2013, 12:52 PM
Hooley Fathers, wearing papal outfits.

parksey
14-01-2013, 01:12 PM

I'm pretty sure he was a striker at Magic.

Wasn't that long ago I used to hack the shit out of him on the sacred basketball courts of Pius.

belchardo
14-01-2013, 01:34 PM
Hoole has also come from left field. The youth team player of the year last season, he had played as attacker until midway through the Jets' Northern NSW state league campaign.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1232552/hoole-gallaway-shine-in-defence/?cs=306

plague
14-01-2013, 03:13 PM
Probs should bench him now so he doesn't get hurt.

plague
14-01-2013, 03:35 PM
best ever debut for the Jets by a local teenager

this kid is class

I seem to remember Kanta playing (against the Gypos??) round one a few years back at centre back and played a blinder.
Was that his debut? For some reason I thought it was.
Would rate that and Hooles pretty evenly if so.

cobra23
14-01-2013, 03:53 PM

Played the #10 position behind Berlin and Haynes.
Those 3 killed the defence 2 seasons ago

Retro Jet
14-01-2013, 04:01 PM
=toad;23820]agreed. what a champ.

Hoole's tools....no brainer.

Buddha
14-01-2013, 04:13 PM
Already better then most RBs we've had. Except Eags, nobody will ever be better then Eags

Bon
14-01-2013, 04:18 PM
Already better then most RBs we've had. Except Eags, nobody will ever be better then Eags

Damn straight.. What a hero..

MFKS
14-01-2013, 06:41 PM

FFS Plague come up with your own ideas :lol:

That one has been done before somewhere else. I just can't remember where and by whom.....???:sparring:

RedMexican
14-01-2013, 06:46 PM
the big middle finger to all the hoole haters.
hope he goes far
i mean not bayern far, but pretty close

stopper2
14-01-2013, 07:42 PM
First saw him play for Magic in the finals series for Magic in season 2011. I couldn't believe at the time he was not quite 18 yet he was mixing it with the opposition and he had this confidence and almost cockiness about him in the #10 role. I saw him play quite a few games for the Jets Youth last season in the NBN League and even though he played mainly at RB, he was very effective in coming forward and I had no doubts that he would make the step up to the first team sooner, rather than later. As long as he remains grounded and injury-free this kid will play many games for this club in years to come.

front2
15-01-2013, 12:45 AM

On current form wont be included.

Buddha
15-01-2013, 01:47 AM
Damn straight.. What a hero..

Still wont forget the bomb he hit against us at the Terrace for you guys, if it wasn't so cold I would of flogged off there and then, unbelievable

NewcastleForLife
15-01-2013, 02:59 AM

His... throw-ins? Try the whole ****ing teams. Absolutely horrible, huge bugbear of my mates and mine, we're completely shit at throw-ins.

Bon
15-01-2013, 09:17 AM
Still wont forget the bomb he hit against us at the Terrace for you guys, if it wasn't so cold I would of flogged off there and then, unbelievable

Hahahaha.. Yeah he scored a few crackers that year.. Great times..

Jeterpool
15-01-2013, 09:41 AM
His... throw-ins? Try the whole ****ing teams. Absolutely horrible, huge bugbear of my mates and mine, we're completely shit at throw-ins.

I've been saying for at least 2 weeks Gallaway appears to have a problem with his throw in action. I am suprised he hasn't been caught for a foul throw yet! Go back and have a look

goaliepersempre
15-01-2013, 11:01 AM
I've been saying for at least 2 weeks Gallaway appears to have a problem with his throw in action. I am suprised he hasn't been caught for a foul throw yet! Go back and have a look

Throw ins I thought werent to bad, with ritter on them.

Hoole definately didnt have the worst debut's for the club. What I liked early in the first half was when we got dragged out of position with brisbane in a good attacking position but then didnt just give up like some players...... continued to work caught up with play put pressure on and ultimately the team won the ball from memory.

plague
15-01-2013, 11:04 AM
Yeah to clarify I thought the problem was his team mates inability to get open to receive his throw ins. Virgilli was always on the other side of his man, which meant Hoole had to throw long.
Reegz and Chapman weren't offering much of an option either.

It wasn't working too well.

goaliepersempre
15-01-2013, 11:07 AM
Yeah to clarify I thought the problem was his team mates inability to get open to receive his throw ins. Virgilli was always on the other side of his man, which meant Hoole had to throw long.
Reegz and Chapman weren't offering much of an option either.

It wasn't working too well.

not just these players but it seemed the case we only ever had 1 option for the throw, this relates to all our play. I remember always being taught to strive to have always atleast 3 options with the ball.

belchardo
15-01-2013, 01:01 PM

me too. foul throw every time he does one. feet never stay on the ground.

cobra23
15-01-2013, 01:53 PM
who gives to flying fu$ks if the the kid can or cant throw the ball. he can definetly play FOOTball thats all that matters.

+1 for hooley to be appreciated

Jeterpool
15-01-2013, 02:00 PM
who gives to flying fu$ks if the the kid can or cant throw the ball. he can definetly play FOOTball thats all that matters.

Last time I checked, the throw in was a part of playing football. In his position he is going to be exposed to this part mof the game regularly

Why turn possession over for a fundamental basic of the game where we should be expected to retain it?

cobra23
15-01-2013, 02:15 PM
Last time I checked, the throw in was a part of playing football. In his position he is going to be exposed to this part mof the game regularly

Why turn possession over for a fundamental basic of the game where we should be expected to retain it?

Missing the POINT

hawk
15-01-2013, 02:16 PM
Hey Hooley, great game mate. Do you like one direction?

cobra23
15-01-2013, 02:19 PM
Hey Hooley, great game mate. Do you like one direction?

I do,
But prefer Justin Bieber

hawk
16-01-2013, 01:28 PM
I do,
But prefer Justin Bieber

phew, thats ok then

stopper2
16-01-2013, 11:14 PM
Hooley has signed 1 year contract today. Don't know why we didn't lock him in for 2 years?

Buddha
16-01-2013, 11:26 PM
Hooley has signed 1 year contract today. Don't know why we didn't lock him in for 2 years?

Won't have a team in two years, saving a payout of contract, which they won't be able to afford

GazFish35
16-01-2013, 11:42 PM
Presser

JETS SIGN ANDREW HOOLE
Wednesday January 16

The Hunter Ports Newcastle Jets is pleased to announce the signing of local product Andrew Hoole to a one-year deal.

Hoole has been rewarded with his first professional contract after making his A-League debut for the Jets in last Saturday’s 1-0 win over Brisbane Roar at Hunter Stadium.

“I am really excited to be signing an A-League contract with my hometown Club,” Hoole said.

“It has been a big week making my debut for the Jets and signing my first professional contract, but I also know there is still a lot of hard work ahead of me.

“I’m looking forward to working under Gary (van Egmond) more closely and being a part of the future success of the Newcastle Jets.”

The 19-year-old right fullback came through the ranks of NBN State League club Broadmeadow Magic before being selected for the Jets’ National Youth League (NYL) team for the 2011/12 season.

After receiving the Jets’ NYL Player of the Year award for his efforts in Australia’s premier youth competition, Hoole backed up those performances as he helped the Jets youth team to third place in the 2012 NBN State League competition.

“It’s great that we can give an opportunity to a local Newcastle player,” Jets CEO Robbie Middleby said.

“Andrew greatly benefitted from playing in the local NBN State League with the Jets last season and Broadmeadow Magic prior to that.

“He’s a fantastic young talent with a bright future and we’re glad to secure him at the Jets.”

The addition of Hoole to the Jets’ senior ranks follows the re-signing of fellow Newcastle products James Virigil and Ben Kennedy in November.

ENDS

stopper2
03-02-2013, 09:50 PM
Still think that Hoole's greatest assets are his attacking qualities. He came to the Jets youth as an attacking midfielder 18 or so months back from Magic where he played mainly as a # 10 from what I've heard. For whatever reason he was converted to a RB. Halpin was the last truly talented AM to come from this region (well over a decade ago) so why wouldn't the Jets encourage one of their own in that all-important role? Couple of times I thought Hoole showed last night that he has the qualities for opening up the opposition....something which we have lacked for lost of the season.
I know where Ange or Arnold would be playing him or at least developing him if he was in their ranks.

Imyourhero
03-02-2013, 09:53 PM
Sell Goodwin, sell Hoole. We need these boys under a real coach- for the good of our future Australian teams!

militiamon
03-02-2013, 10:07 PM
How good was that touch and pass in the first half that played in R Griff (I think)? Received the ball just outside the 18 with his back to goal, first touch allows him to turn and straight away he spots the run of R Griff, threading it through 2 Sydney players brilliantly.

Gives some weight to the whole argument that he should be moved to attack, but it isn't even an option in Gary's books so there's no much point in running with that. fwiw I think he's doing a great job at right & left back as it is.

03-02-2013, 10:29 PM
Hoole was a gun last night.

shagga
04-02-2013, 12:05 AM
Hoole was a gun last night.

I have seen this kid come through the ranks and kill it playing in an attacking midfield role for Magic. He could develope into another Billy Celesky for the Jets but no, where do these ****wits play him? Right and Left fullback. Can't they see what everyone else can see?

seldom
04-02-2013, 12:11 AM
Still think that Hoole's greatest assets are his attacking qualities. He came to the Jets youth as an attacking midfielder 18 or so months back from Magic where he played mainly as a # 10 from what I've heard. For whatever reason he was converted to a RB. Halpin was the last truly talented AM to come from this region (well over a decade ago) so why wouldn't the Jets encourage one of their own in that all-important role? Couple of times I thought Hoole showed last night that he has the qualities for opening up the opposition....something which we have lacked for lost of the season.
I know where Ange or Arnold would be playing him or at least developing him if he was in their ranks.

Good post...I agree 100%

scozzygt
04-02-2013, 08:54 PM
Van egg knows whats best, he prides himself on it! :roflz:
This young guy, from what ive seen of him,has unlimited potential.
Confident, makes correct decisions most of the time.
Not afraid to take on his opposite.
He has impressed me, for what its worth.

The Dunster
04-02-2013, 08:58 PM
It won't take long for GVE to completelly **** this kid up.

He was impressive in state league and along with Chapman and Virgilli seemed a class above the others.

plague
04-02-2013, 09:21 PM
I know people want to see him at #10 but in all honesty, the quality of players fighting for that position (Brown, Bridges, Riberio) mean that he's not likely to get a shot there. Also GVE has been pretty spot on with his selections this season so Hoole playing every 3rd game or so in the backs is def the best way to bring him on.

Jeterpool
04-02-2013, 09:55 PM
Just because he's playing fullback now means its going to be his long term position

Look what we did to the likes of Elrich, Thompson, Da Puzz. They all became versatile. Zads is another recent example

sh10
05-02-2013, 02:17 AM
Just because he's playing fullback now means its going to be his long term position

Look what we did to the likes of Elrich, Thompson, Da Puzz. They all became versatile. Zads is another recent example

Speaking of which, there's your part answer to the question in another thread about which players GVE improved. All 4 improved significantly under his coaching.

Beeen
05-02-2013, 09:58 AM
I'd agree with Thompson and Zadkovic, the other two stagnated years ago. It was better playing a man down than with either/or of them two.

Imyourhero
05-02-2013, 10:40 AM
Anyone else thought about the fact that Hoole has a nice 2 syllable name? Perfect for chanting! HOO-LE! HOO-LE!

Jeterpool
05-02-2013, 11:18 AM
Anyone else thought about the fact that Hoole has a nice 2 syllable name? Perfect for chanting! HOO-LE! HOO-LE!

Already started in Bay 58

pv4
05-02-2013, 11:36 AM
tbh i thought hoole was one syllable. what are you guys chanting, hoo-well! hoo-well!

you guys are foo-wells

OmeletteDuFromage
05-02-2013, 01:06 PM
Boo-urns!

sh10
05-02-2013, 01:50 PM
I'd agree with Thompson and Zadkovic, the other two stagnated years ago. It was better playing a man down than with either/or of them two.

Elrich and Dapuzzo reached their peaks under GVE and were both fringe players, if that, when he arrived.

Imyourhero
05-02-2013, 02:19 PM
tbh i thought hoole was one syllable. what are you guys chanting, hoo-well! hoo-well!

you guys are foo-wells

Pretty sure its pronounced HOO....LEE
Even though according to the english language it should be one syllable, but we all know our language is crazy.

WolfMan
05-02-2013, 06:12 PM
Even though according to the english language it should be one syllable, but we all know our language is crazy.

His Old Man pronounces it monosyllabic; eg. pool

I'm assuming this doesn't skip a generation

Imyourhero
05-02-2013, 06:19 PM
Yeah that's what i meant, after i posted i cbf re-editing, was just making the point that its not 1 syllable.
The point is he has a good name for chanting! haha

Grimario
05-02-2013, 06:24 PM
Yeah that's what i meant, after i posted i cbf re-editing, was just making the point that its not 1 syllable.
The point is he has a good name for chanting! haha

Wait... what word are you speaking when you say pool with TWO SYLLABLES?!?!

My2BobsWorth
05-02-2013, 06:25 PM
Brown out Hoole in

scozzygt
05-02-2013, 08:56 PM

you kangas need to learn how to talk :whistling:

parksey
05-02-2013, 08:59 PM

No

Imyourhero
05-02-2013, 10:17 PM
Sorry boys, just ignore me- its been a long day haha
Either way we need to start hearing some songs written to be sung about this boy! haha

hawk
06-02-2013, 01:10 AM
Either way we need to start hearing some songs written to be sung about this boy! haha

hoolz toolz aint no foolz
http://www.73q.com/artists/images/1605.jpg

militiamon
06-02-2013, 01:26 AM

How about:

He's got a big cock
He's got a big coooocckkkk
Andrew Hoole
He's got a big cock!

Imyourhero
06-02-2013, 01:47 AM
Hahaha sounds pretty good to me, hope he gets a start next home game!

seldom
06-02-2013, 03:31 AM
hoole story bro

pv4
06-02-2013, 08:09 AM
let's all jump for newcastle
hoo-ley
hoo-ley

forza newy
hoo-ley, hoo-ley, hoo-ley

hawk
19-01-2015, 10:43 AM
thats it.

hoole going tolerance is over. hope the **** does season a ending dip

How the fk are our players that are left supposed to perform with this constant sh1t happening. low pay, turn coats, sh1t admin, ****ed coach,

hope we lose every game 10-0 so the ffa takes over

Xander
19-01-2015, 10:45 AM
Nah it's cool bro. Tinkler said he would pay his bills. Hooley should work for a carton like everyone else.

traffic light
19-01-2015, 11:17 AM
Not any better than anyone else and should be greatful for the carton. Going to sydney is judas

GazFish35
19-01-2015, 11:25 AM
Hooley Dooley, I can't believe this is happening.
We never let our good guys go.

BodyNovo
19-01-2015, 11:29 AM
if him and neville leave than i will be devastated.

2 combined have been our best this year.

can't blame either but

Grimario
19-01-2015, 11:30 AM
Hooley Dooley, I can't believe this is happening.
We never let our good guys go.

If you can't believe it, you really are one of Hoole's Foole's.

The Dunster
19-01-2015, 12:01 PM
Leaving the Jets will be good for Ho0le's career. Not so sure that Sydney FC is a wise move though given their track record at destroying players futures.

You only live once why not get a plane ticket to Europe and roll the dice. If it doesn't work out come back and play A-league in a year or two.

Jetmaster
19-01-2015, 01:49 PM
Like Taggz and Birraz he should seriously consider if he is as good as he thinks (or is told) he is.

One season does not a star make.

militiamon
19-01-2015, 02:51 PM
Club is a shambles, had to get out, yadda yadda yadda, but even still, will be dead to us if he plays for Sydney.

R Ramjet
19-01-2015, 04:22 PM
If the money is about the same then hooligan would be crazy to leave. He is pretty much a walk up start at the jets but things change when u start at a new club. He still has a lot to prove at a league level, needs to score some goals imo

parksey
19-01-2015, 04:25 PM
good luck to him

I changed my user name
19-01-2015, 04:38 PM
I hope he does not leave

Blackmac79
19-01-2015, 05:49 PM
**** hoole. Hope he ****s his ACL if he leaves. Turn coat shit

q-money
19-01-2015, 05:51 PM
foad

BodyNovo
19-01-2015, 05:52 PM
RIP Newy

****ing joke

Grimario
19-01-2015, 05:56 PM
**** hoole. Hope he ****s his ACL if he leaves. Turn coat shit

Why the **** would any player want to stay in this ****ing basket case of a club? Don't blame him one bit, club is a ****ing joke and if I had future aspirations of being a professional footballer, I would **** off from it in a heartbeat as well.

****ing seriously, how can you wish that on someone? You ****.

As supporters, if any of our futures hinged on being good supporters or supporting a good team or whatever, we would all **** off in an instant.

I changed my user name
19-01-2015, 06:03 PM
Why the **** would any player want to stay in this ****ing basket case of a club? Don't blame him one bit, club is a ****ing joke and if I had future aspirations of being a professional footballer, I would **** off from it in a heartbeat as well.

As supporters, if any of our futures hinged on being good supporters or supporting a good team or whatever, we would all **** off in an instant.

What a great response . I was wondering how i would reply to that and you done it for all of us . Good on you Grimario .

Blackmac79
19-01-2015, 06:09 PM

Nah. See I can wish it on this guy cause he thinks he is bigger than the club. Same as I hope carney sits on the pine for the rest of career. I am fed up with these players being free from ridicule cause "clubs a basketcase"

Perhaps if they gave a shit and tried to turn things around instead of trying to cut loose, and to do so in a way that disrespects the fans and the club.

**** him. Hope someone puts a glass bottle though his leg next time he is at argyle.

Grimario
19-01-2015, 06:14 PM
Nah. See I can wish it on this guy cause he thinks he is bigger than the club. Same as I hope carney sits on the pine for the rest of career. I am fed up with these players being free from ridicule cause "clubs a basketcase"

Perhaps if they gave a shit and tried to turn things around instead of trying to cut loose, and to do so in a way that disrespects the fans and the club.

**** him. Hope someone puts a glass bottle though his leg next time he is at argyle.

Because giving a shit has worked so well in the past when you have the rot we have at the top. That's alright though because when fans say they have had enough of this shit, they get called plastic fans, turncoats, traitors.

**** the lot of you.

Forza Adelaide.

Blackmac79
19-01-2015, 06:17 PM
Because giving a shit has worked so well in the past when you have the rot we have at the top. That's alright though because when fans say they have had enough of this shit, they get called plastic fans, turncoats, traitors.

**** the lot of you.

Forza Adelaide.

Don't get me wrong I am sick of the whole thing from top to bottom, but Hoole and carney have disrespected the club and the fans through their little social media exchange. They cant be excused any more than those at the top can.

parksey
19-01-2015, 06:21 PM

it's just a game champ

Grimario
19-01-2015, 06:21 PM
Exchange? What more was there than Carney going "lol Hooley, you look good in sky blue"? Unless there was more than that (and the whole lot has been deleted, so I don't know)... how is one gutless ginger knob being a knob "an exchange"?

19-01-2015, 06:38 PM
Perhaps just maybe while the club and in particular Tinks continues to back Stubbins as head coach then these blokes see the club going nowhere fast. Who in there right mind would want to play here under Stubbins FFS. Everytime he opens his mouth he reaffirms all the doubts most people have in his ability to be a first team coach.

19-01-2015, 06:39 PM

This

plague
19-01-2015, 06:43 PM
Just letting you blokes know for the last few days I've been in discussion with Melbourne Victory about signing for them.

pv4
19-01-2015, 06:47 PM

Imo Carney and Hoole have been 2 of our better performers this year. Why lump the blame on them when the problem is clearly elsewhere - either other players not carrying their own weight or management for putting together an incapable squad/not utilising them properly?

The guys are professionals, getting paid to play. If they get frutrated with the situation they're in, and are offered greener pastures elsewhere then i see no reason why they shouldn't leave. Arnold is one of the most successful coaches in the HAL - every day of the week I'd choose being coached by him over a clearly failing Stubbins.

Imo blackmac your reaction here is over the top majorly.

MFKS
19-01-2015, 07:37 PM
Imo Carney and Hoole have been 2 of our better performers this year. Why lump the blame on them when the problem is clearly elsewhere - either other players not carrying their own weight or management for putting together an incapable squad/not utilising them properly?

The guys are professionals, getting paid to play. If they get frutrated with the situation they're in, and are offered greener pastures elsewhere then i see no reason why they shouldn't leave. Arnold is one of the most successful coaches in the HAL - every day of the week I'd choose being coached by him over a clearly failing Stubbins.

Imo blackmac your reaction here is over the top majorly.

Carney can **** off for all I care.
He is the first down the tunnel when we lose. He refused to give Bodi an autograph , he snubs signing autographs for the kids. His remarks to Hoole on Social Media are in incredibly poor taste. For a bloke who has played 50 times for the Nation we should be getting much better leadership from this bloke than we get.

**** Him

Hoole on the other hand has done what??

It wasn't him posting on Social Media it was Carney posting on Hooles page

Every time you meet the bloke he is quick to say hello and have a chat and always signing autographs for the kids. Everytime I see him I see a bloke living the dream playing for Newy and doing the right things

At this stage he hasn't signed for anyone at all. The way our club has been run at present I would not blame him for leaving at all to further his career.

The reaction from BlackMac and anyone else wishing to criticise him is ****ing disgraceful.

This bloke is staring down the barrel of committing 2-3 more years of playing for us and the basketcase we are with a shit coach.

Lets compare the contrast with other blokes.

Stu Musialik a local boy chose to turn his back on Newy and sign for Sydney when the Jets were at the top of the tree. That bloke gets **** all stick for doing so
Robbie Middleby a local as captain of Cons Newy Utd in the NSL walked out to sign for the Smurfs not cause he was not wanted but for more coin. That bloke gets **** all stick for doing so.

Yet you ****s wish to hammer a young kid for wanting out of the circus that is the Jets to spend the next 2-3 years being coached by blokes like Stubbins whilst Hoole can kiss good bye any hope he has of playing overseas just out of a loyalty to the town. FMD

I would love to see the bloke stay and I feel we should do all to keep him we can. If he goes I will not begrudge him of it and hope that when we sort our shit out the bloke is banging on the door to come back.

This is a reflection on the ****ing idiots running the circus at JEts and not on this kid so Back the **** OFF

MFKS
19-01-2015, 07:40 PM
Shit just seen now he has gone to Sydney

oops

howardyou
19-01-2015, 07:44 PM
Got no issue with the kid leaving. I would too if i was looking to further my career.

I suppose the other way to look at it would be to stay and look great by being the only decent player amongst a load of tripe.

hawk
19-01-2015, 07:47 PM
the club is a joke but you always have the choice to fk right off. no biggy really.

Hoole could have stuck around so he can eat a bag of

lquiquer
19-01-2015, 08:05 PM
Can't blame him really.........he is smart and can see (As all of us) Tinks is all words, no action......

hawk
19-01-2015, 08:18 PM
Leaving the Jets will be good for Hoole's career.

listen to all these career caring souls. i hope there are constant calls for his wellbeing

JetsFan23
19-01-2015, 09:55 PM
Hoole has been one of the few shining lights we've had this season and has looked dangerous when on the ball. I would have liked to have seen some better returns from him (no goals and very few assists off the top of my head) but given good management, he will go a long way. All the best to him, next step is to get game time under a decent manager that has an idea about structure. Jets in their current state are no place for a promising young player.

Wilso8948
19-01-2015, 09:57 PM
Riddle me this. If any of u blokes worked for a company clearly going under.. Managed by a shithouse boss. No incentives and poor working conditions. Then another stable well managed company with clear financial backing approached you and said we will offer u same salary (maybe more) plus further training and much better working conditions with a much better boss.. Would you go?

I know my decision

GazFish35
19-01-2015, 11:47 PM
Let's face it. We are all just jealous that the players can leave while we are all stuck here.

pv4
19-01-2015, 11:50 PM
Don't hate on disco stu for leaving, MFAW. Blame GVE.

Bon
20-01-2015, 08:56 AM
Let's face it. We are all just jealous that the players can leave while we are all stuck here.

HAHA.. Exactly!!!!!

Jeterpool
20-01-2015, 10:06 AM
I'm quite disappointed in Hoole's departure because he is the only player in the squad that actually takes a player on and has a bit of trickery to beat his man. While he didn't score any goals, he'd provided 6 assists during his time. He will get his first goal before the year is out if he continues to get a run. He probably will because we're that short on players.

Tommyjet
20-01-2015, 11:15 AM
Quite a frustrating player to watch at times but the potential is there plain to see and that potential should of been fulfilled in newcastle

steve136
20-01-2015, 03:52 PM
Judas really!
mate would you work for a company always in finnacial turmoil, no payments, no coaching,no direction and or no future? NO
or go to a company, that pays you more, better facilities, better players and coaching etc.
at this point i would move for no silver, to get out of the shit hole that exists.
if any jets players have brains, they all should look and do the same, otherwise, rosebuds, jaffas and maitland will sign them for the NPL in season 2015/2016.
F the jets- and good luck Hooley

Well, if reports are to be believed, he was offered similar money here and in Sydney so that financial argument can be disregarded (especially when the TV deal is covering salary - it's not at risk).
"Better facilities" - yeah
"Better players" - Sydney hasn't won a game since late November and there doesn't seem to be that much talent outside of Janko and Antonis actually fit and playing for the rest of the year...
"Coaching" - yeah

I hope it's worth it for him to go somewhere where he isn't guaranteed playing time to work alongside the coaching genius that is Graham Arnold.
F Hooley - and good luck Jets

steve136
20-01-2015, 04:35 PM
SO!
same monies- but actually will get paid tick
better facilities- tick
better players- look at roster, including injured players- tick
better coaching- tick
game time- is the game time any different with this peanut- tick
keep in mind GA has confidence and actually plays his younger players- tick
NO BRAINER - dont you think?
good choice Hooley, take the rest of the young talent with you, untill something drastic happens- you will be fed the same crap you believe

Well, I'm guessing Taggart and Brillante don't mind that they played for the Jets before heading to Europe. I just feel like Hoole has wasted an opportunity to dominate (like Taggart) in a garbage team and really stand out. So yeah, exactly what Taggart and Brillante did. Why bother going to Sydney if he has aspirations to go to a bigger league? It's probably better to be a big fish in a small pond...
Anyways, the kid can't shoot or stay on his feet. Hopefully those "better facilities" in sh*tney help him out a little. Good riddance.

steve136
20-01-2015, 04:38 PM
Also, I don't think it's unreasonable to hate a player for jumping ship and heading to one of our main rivals. As a fan (despite how painful it is), it's our right to hate him forever. It's all we have.

MFKS
20-01-2015, 04:48 PM
Don't hate on disco stu for leaving, MFAW. Blame GVE.

Nice to see you stick up for your Gypo mates AGAIN

No surprise there

At the time Musialik walked out on the Jets he did so when we were at the top. He turned his back on all that is being Newy for a bit more coin.
The other drop kick who left at the same time with weak ankles cops all manner of stick for it yet I can not blame him for wanting to go home to his local area.
Stu on the other hand turned his back on Newy and that is more of a crime.

Hoole on the other hand all being equal and our club not being a basketcase we are would have stayed. I guarantee it. Not his fault Middleby GVE Stubbins Palmer and Tinks have run us into the ground in the last few years

I changed my user name
20-01-2015, 04:52 PM
Nice to see you stick up for your Gypo mates AGAIN

No surprise there

At the time Musialik walked out on the Jets he did so when we were at the top. He turned his back on all that is being Newy for a bit more coin.
The other drop kick who left at the same time with weak ankles cops all manner of stick for it yet I can not blame him for wanting to go home to his local area.
Stu on the other hand turned his back on Newy and that is more of a crime.

Hoole on the other hand all being equal and our club not being a basketcase we are would have stayed. I guarantee it. Not his fault Middleby GVE Stubbins Palmer and Tinks have run us into the ground in the last few years

I dont blame Hoole in the slightest for leaving . That said , for me the questions are this

How good can Hoole get and has he got another level beyond this ?

Is the reaction that this has caused because we are losing such a good player ?

Because we are losing someone that has came through that we have developed ?

Or simply because we have at last had enough and it just so happens that it is this decision that has finally broken the camels back ?

GazFish35
20-01-2015, 05:02 PM
Well, I'm guessing Taggart and Brillante don't mind that they played for the Jets before heading to Europe. I just feel like Hoole has wasted an opportunity to dominate (like Taggart) in a garbage team and really stand out. So yeah, exactly what Taggart and Brillante did. Why bother going to Sydney if he has aspirations to go to a bigger league? It's probably better to be a big fish in a small pond...
Anyways, the kid can't shoot or stay on his feet. Hopefully those "better facilities" in sh*tney help him out a little. Good riddance.
Both were more developed as footballers before coming here than hoole was.
Both came here knowing we as a club wouldn't stand in their way to go to Europe, it's what the GVE 2nd coming was supposed to be all about, get the best kids using connections made while at AIS, throw tink's cash at them, promise not to stand in their way... Look at the lowball buyout/transfer fees. We can't promise hoole that anymore, Stubbins has taken the tema backwards, the owner is not going to let players go cheap anymore, he wants a return on his investment.

Couscous
20-01-2015, 08:52 PM
What was I changed my user name's user name before it was changed?

GazFish35
20-01-2015, 09:12 PM
What was I changed my user name's user name before it was changed?

I changed my username's username before he changed his username was I'm going to change my username

hawk
20-01-2015, 11:14 PM
F*ck him. Looking forward to seeing him dive and show no end product for the sky blues. Judas.
Hope he enjoys his 30 pieces of silver.

nice to see some sanity.

Have a spine and stick through the hard stuff. At least the ankle could have gone to Europe or some other worthy place & become a good thing but nooo, had to grease off down south.

MFKS
21-01-2015, 02:00 PM
Hoole is a turncoat and could have stayed. Going to Sydney is a disgrace. Hope he enjoys the deserved bench. The club will improve as its all about to be taken over.
Like yesterday you Herald assholes will only print a point of view you like.

From the herald comments on todays article about Tinks failings at keeping Hoole

Can't believe that got through moderation :shock:

Jetmaster
22-01-2015, 10:25 AM
The mods are in the Philippines - since that happened they let almost anything through !

Jeterpool
22-01-2015, 10:40 AM
From the herald comments on todays article about Tinks failings at keeping Hoole

:roflz: truth bombs being dropped!

hawk
22-01-2015, 11:21 AM
I dont blame Hoole in the slightest for leaving . That said , for me the questions are this

Is the reaction that this has caused because we are losing such a good player ?

Because we are losing someone that has came through that we have developed ?

Or simply because we have at last had enough and it just so happens that it is this decision that has finally broken the camels back ?

pretty much these.

losing a potentially good aleague player, home grown, and this club will improve. The other is the **** club he went to. They arent much better and if you applaud that you might as well don the lightblue shirt

He abandoned a club that most have given up on and he could have made a difference on the pitch and attract arrivals.

Going to Europe would have at least offset much of the dislike.

Anyway its over and gone.

hawk
22-01-2015, 11:22 AM
Hoole is a turncoat and could have stayed. Going to Sydney is a disgrace. Hope he enjoys the deserved bench. The club will improve as its all about to be taken over.
Like yesterday you Herald a**holes will only print a point of view you like.

bit harsh but that person is a legend.:lulz:

Bon
22-01-2015, 11:26 AM
get over it!
didnt the much loved legend and the prodigy son Griff go there as well??
however punters still love him.
dont blame the kid, blame the club- personally all the players should leave

Plastic players.. :lulz:

hawk
22-01-2015, 11:39 AM
And to think soccer aficionados regard rugby league as a game played and run by boofheads
R Dillon at his retarded best.

Thinks that because an AFC makes a controversial ground ruling that it is the same as playing and supporting lifes lowest in "boofhead" nrl ok.

Jeterpool
22-01-2015, 11:40 AM
get over it!

He went there as a mole. Notice he never played against the Jets while down there. Purposefully got suspended.

However, I agree with your last line about blaming the club. If we were in a better shape I think he'd have stayed.

hawk
22-01-2015, 11:42 AM
get over it!

dont you start with the borathon tripe. The hardly a kid (23) had a choice and made basically a sideways move to a close rival. save the excuses like the club, tinks etc. so don ya blue shirt
did you even read my last line.

plague
22-01-2015, 02:25 PM

No he didn't.
I think you'll find that after Griff scored the winner in the '08 GF, Bridge got the sulks and moved to Sydney.
Griff remained loyal.

Your argument is now null and void.

MFKS
22-01-2015, 02:38 PM
get over it!

No You must be mistaken
Griff has only ever played for Newy by my recollection.

I am sure I would remember if he played for Smurfs but can't for the life of me recall that happening

MFKS
22-01-2015, 02:40 PM
is that right! the knowledgable Plague right as usual.
peanut..

As If you would believe anything on Wikipedia as gospel.

FFS that source claims Bridge scored the winning goal in the GF which is so untrue and a blatant lie.

Anyone can write whatever version of history they like on there

Jeterpool
22-01-2015, 02:46 PM
Your probably right, a clone of Joel Griffiths must have.

There'd be plenty of people wanting to be the bloke. Think you've nailed it

lquiquer
22-01-2015, 02:54 PM

hmmmmmmmmm!

Can't you see it's Adam!!!!!

Grimario
22-01-2015, 03:03 PM

hmmmmmmmmm!

It's blasphemy like this that's preventing you from canonisation.

Bon
22-01-2015, 03:05 PM
It's blasphemy like this that's preventing you from canonisation.

I just assumed that, like most things these days, paint or photoshop had been given a bashing..
It's obviously not really Him..

plague
22-01-2015, 03:08 PM
peanut..

'Senior Career', is he a Spanish player?
I thought we were talking about Joel Griffiths.

Shame that in the absence of any valid argument you resort to petty name calling.

Jeterpool
22-01-2015, 03:21 PM

hmmmmmmmmm!

One of the imposters. No chicks hanging off "griff" in that photo and no heavenly glow around him either.

Keep trying. You'll receive a ban soon.

Jeterpool
22-01-2015, 03:22 PM
Also now the Hoole Thread ahs turned to a Griff thread. I guess the formula is true....

hawk
22-01-2015, 05:07 PM
peanut..

Nah, didnt happen & you cant believe the wik MT. You need a drink. Ill buy ya one at tenz...

salmon
23-01-2015, 12:07 PM
dont you start with the borathon tripe. The hardly a kid (23) had a choice and made basically a sideways move to a close rival. save the excuses like the club, tinks etc. so don ya blue shirt
did you even read my last line.

21 not 23

hawk
23-01-2015, 10:28 PM
21 not 23

old enough to go to gaol

salmon
24-01-2015, 01:45 AM
old enough to go to gaol

Granted. But this supports your argument how?

hawk
24-01-2015, 09:39 AM
Granted. But this supports your argument how?

geez, are you the full quid? get a test, enjoy the blue shirt

salmon
24-01-2015, 04:10 PM
geez, are you the full quid? get a test, enjoy the blue shirt

Okay

belchardo
22-02-2015, 09:34 PM
Needs to calm the hell down*. Can't believe he didn't get a second yellow tonight. Play football! much better player when concentrating on the ball not working out how he can break the other guys leg.

* until he gets to sydney, then he can go nuts.

Hunter403
22-02-2015, 10:20 PM
He actually had a shot today!

GazFish35
02-03-2015, 09:56 AM
I know he was out last game due to supension, and I get he's been one of our better players in attack, but if we are "moving forward" and he's not going to be here next year, how does it benefit the squad next season for Hoole to be getting any game time?

true waterboy
02-03-2015, 10:27 AM
I know he was out last game due to supension, and I get he's been one of our better players in attack, but if we are "moving forward" and he's not going to be here next year, how does it benefit the squad next season for Hoole to be getting any game time?

I dont get this hes not hear next year so dont play him philosophy. I can understand it if we have a good youngster waiting to get game time but at the moment we dont.
We could always player mitch cooper there but i think he is much more useful in the centre of the park. Id rather him be on the bench for last 20 in centre than play out wide.

I love le in the back so would rather him not to be moved and then you have gallagher :woo:

Grimario
02-03-2015, 10:32 AM
I can understand it if we have a good youngster waiting to get game time but at the moment we dont.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Lundy

GazFish35
02-03-2015, 10:46 AM
I dont get this hes not hear next year so dont play him philosophy. I can understand it if we have a good youngster waiting to get game time but at the moment we dont.
We could always player mitch cooper there but i think he is much more useful in the centre of the park. Id rather him be on the bench for last 20 in centre than play out wide.

I love le in the back so would rather him not to be moved and then you have gallagher :woo:

ditto what Grim said, and..... how is hiding our lesser players helping them be better next season. theres no relegation to avoid, blood them now so they habve a full off season to know what they need to work on,. not be found short yet again come next season.

All we are doing by playing Hoole is helping him develop into a better player for Sydney next season.

pv4
02-03-2015, 10:56 AM
I think there's a point though where you rip all the quality out of the team and it becomes somewhat detrimental for the young guys you want to blood because they're not learning FROM their teammates because of the poor quality, and are solely learning from the good quality opposition.

Lundy will be a better player having trained and competed with a motivated, fit, firing Hoole than if Hoole was cast aside for Wehrman-laps and it was just Lundy training.

Imyourhero
02-03-2015, 10:57 AM
ditto what Grim said, and..... how is hiding our lesser players helping them be better next season. theres no relegation to avoid, blood them now so they habve a full off season to know what they need to work on,. not be found short yet again come next season.

All we are doing by playing Hoole is helping him develop into a better player for Sydney next season.

Are we......are we really?

hawk
02-03-2015, 07:30 PM
Are we......are we really?

yep. plus we are enjoying his talent before the c*nt leaves

03-03-2015, 07:15 PM
Has he officially signed with Sydney yet ?

hawk
08-03-2015, 02:13 AM
hope he gets a late offer to Ajax

MFKS
21-06-2016, 07:20 PM
Hope the bloke carves it up this season just to stick it to the haters

Imyourhero
21-06-2016, 08:27 PM
Bloke can dribble, bloke has engines, can't score goals but.
I genuinely hope he proves me wrong on the last point.

Couscous
21-06-2016, 10:00 PM
We love you, Andrew.

The Dunster
21-06-2016, 10:14 PM
Expecting a big season from him and I wouldn't be surprised if he doubles his career goals tally in his first season back with us. [Provided he gets to take at least half a dozen penalties].

hawk
22-06-2016, 12:11 AM
Expecting a big season from him and I wouldn't be surprised if he doubles his career goals tally in his first season back with us. [Provided he gets to take at least half a dozen penalties].

Just start with a haircut that isnt from leave it to beaver then can degrease himself from shiteney regime. Should go alright after that.

Mfk can then commence ass kissing.

Thomas477
20-11-2016, 08:31 PM
Hoole can **** right off pls.

steve136
20-11-2016, 08:33 PM
Nobody carries the ball into the worst possible areas quite as regularly as this guy.

matty
20-11-2016, 08:35 PM
Over rated hack, bench him

belchardo
20-11-2016, 08:36 PM
The butcher of broadmeadow.

StannyCFCJET
20-11-2016, 08:45 PM
100% how many games has he played??? His a one dimensional footballer and probs not even that. Drop him asap for good

Jardelsimage
20-11-2016, 09:35 PM
100% how many games has he played??? His a one dimensional footballer and probs not even that. Drop him asap for good

one word hoole =shit

fox sports gave him a point in the votes, WTF

Roundball Enthusiast
20-11-2016, 09:46 PM
Hooles free kick in the first half, if he hit it slightly worse it would've been amazing. Other than that, wasn't that great.

The Dunster
20-11-2016, 10:13 PM
The club needs to move Hoole on. He's a failed experiment and takes far too much salary for effectively no end product.
Nothing personal against Hoole but this club requires better players if we ever want to play finals football again.

Jardelsimage
20-11-2016, 10:35 PM
The club needs to move Hoole on. He's a failed experiment and takes far too much salary for effectively no end product.
Nothing personal against Hoole but this club requires better players if we ever want to play finals football again.

totally agree, at times shows some promise.
but if we keep putting him up as the best we have we are in trouble.

lquiquer
20-11-2016, 10:55 PM
He could do with a reality check and few games on the bench

lquiquer
20-11-2016, 10:56 PM

Make sure he takes Hoffman with him

turbojetfireV8
20-11-2016, 11:07 PM
think he still has some fans thinking he's alright - was arguing with the nephew for every one thing he does well, three things he'll cock up (like holding the ball so long, thinking he can magically get past the entire field by backing himself into a hole, he lets any options pass then just turns it over), but the nephew seemed to think I was being a bit harsh... I thought I was underestimating the comparison...

turbojetfireV8
20-11-2016, 11:08 PM
even though Hoff kept turning it over as well, he was no where near as frustrating as Hoole with the turn overs and how he was doing it, at least Hoff's were that he can't pass very well, not that he thought he was Ronaldo...

Thomas477
20-11-2016, 11:20 PM
Hoole is that bloke on every team who thinks he's the bomb. Always wanting to hold onto the ball and beat 10 players, or holds onto it that bit too long, and always wants set pieces coz he hit that one great one.

plague
20-11-2016, 11:24 PM
Nothing personal against Hoole but this club requires better administrators and coaches and sponsors and fans and shirts and paddle steamers and mascots and beer and hats and players if we ever want to play finals football again.

Just helping you out here Mr D.Diddy.

turbojetfireV8
21-11-2016, 07:07 AM
we do need a coach who knows when to make a timely substitution, that is a valid point plague... ;) no paddle steamers though, or next thing we'll have sauce bottles as well...

GazFish35
21-11-2016, 08:25 AM
Legit, this convo happened. On the plus side it shows my 7 year old and 4 year old get each other.

My 7 year old: Who is number 7 dad?
Me: That's Andrew Hoole he's from Coffs Harbour.
My 7 year old: Is that why he he always gives the ball to them?
Me: What?
My 4 year old: He likes bananas.
Me: What?
My 7 year old: You said he's from Coffs Harbour, bananas are from Coffs Harbour, bananas are yellow, the other team are in yellow, that's why he always gives the ball to them.

redwah
21-11-2016, 08:27 AM
What I want to know is what supporters package is he on? I mean every single time, without fail, that he loses the ball, which is every time he has it, he stops, stands and watches. No chasing, no effort, nothing. He's the laziest ****er out there. He should at least have to pay general admission to get in the ground.

Hunter403
21-11-2016, 08:57 AM
Dogs every header in case his hair gets messed up. Comical one in the first half when he was unchallenged and pulled his head away completely. Under 10 stuff.

Bremsstrahlung
21-11-2016, 09:04 AM
There were better state league players when he was called up. It shows.
To his credit, he has taken the chance.
If he could cut out his turnovers and improve his decision making/final ball he could be quite good.
You can beat 4 player but if you lose it, it's all for nothing.

And it grinds my gears to no end when players turn it over and spend the next 30 seconds sulking and spitting and swearing. Stfu, chase your shit or get into a position where you are affecting play positively. Basic basic shit.

Wilso8948
21-11-2016, 09:07 AM
I did notice him chase and win it back once in the second half. This was after 10 other times where he did not.

The Camel
21-11-2016, 10:44 AM
Worst professional footballer ever!!!!!

lquiquer
21-11-2016, 10:57 AM
Worst professional footballer ever!!!!!

after Hoffman and Sam Gallaway :lulz:

The Camel
21-11-2016, 11:06 AM
after Hoffman and Sam Gallaway :lulz:

On a quality/contract ratio Hoole would massively outstrip those two as the worst

Bon
21-11-2016, 11:09 AM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/d4/d4f48ebb6b42e204e991cac62b11dac63fb3f15ff6eacdd650 0dd5e485acff6a.jpg

StannyCFCJET
21-11-2016, 11:52 AM
Wasnt he close to Carney when he was here explain the attitude and work rate

hawk
21-11-2016, 12:26 PM
1. hoole out, jones out, summer out

hawk
21-11-2016, 12:26 PM
2. I love to have a beer with Duncan cause he saved a goal

hawk
21-11-2016, 12:27 PM
3. We had the best coach as chosen by the ffa but noooooo some bright spark got a bee in his bonnet and let a gypo do the choosing.

Give him a chance they said....numpties

edited to add more bs, thnx

q-money
21-11-2016, 12:30 PM
great triple post hawk :wub:

Bon
21-11-2016, 12:40 PM
great triple post hawk :wub:

Almost as good as Dunster's "triple" post in the Tennis thread.. :fap:

plague
21-11-2016, 12:49 PM
someone gotta tell hawk that all three of his PA's are posting stuff at the same time.

point stands though, gypo disgrace.

StannyCFCJET
21-11-2016, 01:05 PM
Lawrie talks a good game yet to see him walk the walk. Appointed a dud coach and had no input in the miller sacking

belchardo
21-11-2016, 01:49 PM
someone gotta tell hawk that all three of his PA's are posting stuff at the same time.

point stands though, gypo disgrace.

one is clearly going above and beyond though with that extra line.

WolfMan
21-11-2016, 04:26 PM
Almost as good as Dunster's "triple" post in the Tennis thread.. :fap:

I spent a good 5 minutes trying to utilise a "deuce" pun for that. It's in there somewhere

hawk
21-11-2016, 09:07 PM
phking staffers

Cabaye#4
22-11-2016, 03:59 PM
1. hoole out, jones out, summer out

This hawk guy. Really speaks for the people. I like the cut of his jib.
+3 (one for each of your triple post)

plague
17-12-2016, 12:12 AM
Good game ay.
Bloke is going good.
You're all a pack of assholes.
http://static1.squarespace.com/static/5507919de4b01b71a2856965/55c7f8c2e4b026a3afe81441/565281a2e4b027b5078f6e19/1473832153223/?format=1000w

The Dunster
17-12-2016, 12:44 AM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-qReUn2i297Y/VXyJ6OBOzJI/AAAAAAAASVY/dYw-IVaiiG4/w425-h242/freaky-epic-fails-first-ride-fail1.gif
http://www.pbh2.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/fail.gif
https://media.tenor.co/images/a409a9b3830a7386b8e8e1d8f4111b78/tenor.gif
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/54ce1828e4b0143a4bf52458/55ba37ebe4b0ad95d855e475/55ba3f56e4b09d5e24919ecb/1438269277620/funny-gifs-dunking-of-a-chair-fail.gif?format=1000w

The Dunster
21-12-2016, 05:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB2MIIK7TbA

The Dunster
21-12-2016, 05:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zklR2TvLkPs

StannyCFCJET
09-01-2017, 04:41 PM
Im very vocal in my criticism of Hoole but **** me that was a lovely goal and ive watched it at least 5 times each day since

hawk
09-01-2017, 09:00 PM
http://static1.squarespace.com/static/5507919de4b01b71a2856965/55c7f8c2e4b026a3afe81441/565281a2e4b027b5078f6e19/1473832153223/?format=1000w

love from Hoole

StannyCFCJET
15-02-2017, 10:11 AM
Think we can all agree Hooley has upped his game big time last 2 months or so. More confident in front of goal and working harder in defense. He keeps this up all season and ill be happy to resign him to a longer deal

The Dunster
15-02-2017, 10:26 AM
Think we can all agree Hooley has upped his game big time last 2 months or so. More confident in front of goal and working harder in defense. He keeps this up all season and ill be happy to resign him to a longer deal

The question is how much are we willing to pay for him ? The fact the club saved his career by giving him another chance would be long forgotten by his manager. So it wouldn't surprise me if they weren't looking for some ridiculous amount or terms. I think the offer is going to have to be somewhere between 200k and 300k per season - and if a Chinese team shows any interest he's pretty much gone - as would be his career development.
If the club can push the FFA for some kind of concession as he's a local kid who played in NYL then at least it won't hit the cap too hard.

StannyCFCJET
15-02-2017, 10:30 AM
The question is how much are we willing to pay for him ? The fact the club saved his career by giving him another chance would be long forgotten by his manager. So it wouldn't surprise me if they weren't looking for some ridiculous amount or terms. I think the offer is going to have to be somewhere between 200k and 300k per season - and if a Chinese team shows any interest he's pretty much gone - as would be his career development.

I wouldn't go higher then 150k but add im some bonuses such as reach 10 goals and 10 assists (In a season) here's more money ETC

borat
15-02-2017, 10:45 AM
If the club can push the FFA for some kind of concession as he's a local kid who played in NYL then at least it won't hit the cap too hard.
There is no concession available because of his stint at SFC and his age.

Hoole is worth the cash imo. The improvement he has shown over the season is phenomenal. Always had the ability but his consistency now is a lot better.

One thing I have noticed, even in the games where he was honking in the first half, the guy is a beast in the last 20mins of a game. Probably the fittest player in the squad and he takes advantage of tired oppposition better than anyone.

Offer him big money over 2-3 years and we will get it back in 12 months when an offer comes in.

StannyCFCJET
15-02-2017, 10:52 AM
There is no concession available because of his stint at SFC and his age.

Hoole is worth the cash imo. The improvement he has shown over the season is phenomenal. Always had the ability but his consistency now is a lot better.

One thing I have noticed, even in the games where he was honking in the first half, the guy is a beast in the last 20mins of a game. Probably the fittest player in the squad and he takes advantage of tired oppposition better than anyone.

Offer him big money over 2-3 years and we will get it back in 12 months when an offer comes in.

Or he gets complacent and becomes the Hoole we saw during his Sydney stint and his first 10 or so games this year

The Dunster
15-02-2017, 11:08 AM
I don't think complacency will be an issue. He's one of the hardest working players in the competition.
In fact getting him on more coin might actually take pressure off him a little and make him an even better player. We won't know until the club rolls the dice.
I'd have no issues in signing him for 3 years at 250k per season - but I think his manager will want a bit more.

StannyCFCJET
15-02-2017, 11:09 AM
I don't think complacency will be an issue. He's one of the hardest working players in the competition.
In fact getting him on more coin might actually take pressure off him a little and make him an even better player. We won't know until the club rolls the dice.
I'd have no issues in signing him for 3 years at 250k per season - but I think his manager will want a bit more.

250k? he's not even close to a level to warrant 200k a season

borat
15-02-2017, 11:19 AM
Or he gets complacent and becomes the Hoole we saw during his Sydney stint and his first 10 or so games this year

I would argue he wasn't complacent at all in the first 10 games. No one becomes magically a better player over night, they just execute better.

He is obviously being instructed to take chances and try to beat the opposition. The only thing that has changed imo is he has become better and more consistent in his decision making. As in when to take someone on, when to cut back, when to cross. And that comes from game time, something he wasn't getting in SFC.

We are getting the return of a Rojas or a Holosko out of a bargain price in Hoole and Nabbout. There is no reason to believe Hoole would progress backwards.

borat
15-02-2017, 11:24 AM
250k? he's not even close to a level to warrant 200k a season

Look at who the opposition play in those wide attacking positions. Rojas, Tommy Oar, Holosko, Castro. Hoole is performing comparably against all of them and scoring goals.

Pay him what he is worth and we earn it back in transfer fee in 12 months. I would think 200k is about right.

Too many Hoole haters not willing to admit they were wrong.

StannyCFCJET
15-02-2017, 11:25 AM
I would argue he wasn't complacent at all in the first 10 games. No one becomes magically a better player over night, they just execute better.

He is obviously being instructed to take chances and try to beat the opposition. The only thing that has changed imo is he has become better and more consistent in his decision making. As in when to take someone on, when to cut back, when to cross. And that comes from game time, something he wasn't getting in SFC.

We are getting the return of a Rojas or a Holosko out of a bargain price in Hoole and Nabbout. There is no reason to believe Hoole would progress backwards.

He has definitely had an attitude problem (thinking he was better than he was.) Im good friends with some people who went to school with him and Virgil and Hoole was always very arrogant and up himself apparently. But Im delighted he is performing amazing atm

Couscous
15-02-2017, 11:39 AM
How was the schoolboy Virgil, by comparison?

StannyCFCJET
15-02-2017, 11:47 AM
How was the schoolboy Virgil, by comparison?

Apparently very quick and good with the ball. Ill have to ask about whether he had the same arrogance Hoole had

StannyCFCJET
15-02-2017, 11:48 AM
Look at who the opposition play in those wide attacking positions. Rojas, Tommy Oar, Holosko, Castro. Hoole is performing comparably against all of them and scoring goals.

Pay him what he is worth and we earn it back in transfer fee in 12 months. I would think 200k is about right.

Too many Hoole haters not willing to admit they were wrong.

200k for what? a quarter of a season of brilliance. If were paying 200k to Hoole its after two seasons of him playing like this

Frodo
15-02-2017, 11:59 AM
200k for what? a quarter of a season of brilliance. If were paying 200k to Hoole its after two seasons of him playing like this

Haha, so easily worked up Stanny.

I dislike Hoole more than most people. I get cranky when he scores cause it means i don't get to say something about his stupid face being stupid. However he has easily been one of our best this season, is the fittest player in our squad, has made decent defenders look like chumps and has given us the same return as other wingers who are on $400k a season easily.

So, $200k is nothing. Give him 2 years with an option to extend to 3.

StannyCFCJET
15-02-2017, 12:04 PM
Haha, so easily worked up Stanny.

I dislike Hoole more than most people. I get cranky when he scores cause it means i don't get to say something about his stupid face being stupid. However he has easily been one of our best this season, is the fittest player in our squad, has made decent defenders look like chumps and has given us the same return as other wingers who are on $400k a season easily.

So, $200k is nothing. Give him 2 years with an option to extend to 3.

I see all your points just feel his getting rewarded way too early. If he plays like this for the rest of the season every week and gets 3-4 more goals ill concede my point and accept him on big money

The Dunster
15-02-2017, 12:13 PM
I see all your points just feel his getting rewarded way too early. If he plays like this for the rest of the season every week and gets 3-4 more goals ill concede my point and accept him on big money

If he scores ten goals for the season you might be paying $300k per season for him. The reality of it all is he's better than a lot of people expected him to be and deserves to be rewarded.
The fact that people who knew him at school thought he was arrogant or whatever means nothing to me. Odds are they themselves have Facebook accounts and therefore no credibility anyway.

borat
15-02-2017, 12:16 PM
I see all your points just feel his getting rewarded way too early. If he plays like this for the rest of the season every week and gets 3-4 more goals ill concede my point and accept him on big money.

At which point Melbourne City come in and offer better terms.

Contracts aren't rewards for what has happened in the past. They reflect market value and the return we think we will get in the future.

Hoole is clearly hell bent on going overseas, and imo is on a upward trajectory in form considering his age and experience. If 200k get him over the line right now then we should do it and sell him in a year.

Hunter403
15-02-2017, 12:19 PM
I've never been a fan but will happily agree that his performance has improved greatly this season. He still makes some honking errors but there are less of them and his effort is far more consistent - no more disappearing for long periods.

On performance he and The Queen are both worth a pay rise.

StannyCFCJET
15-02-2017, 12:20 PM

At which point Melbourne City come in and offer better terms.

Contracts aren't rewards for what has happened in the past. They reflect market value and the return we think we will get in the future.

Hoole is clearly hell bent on going overseas, and imo is on a upward trajectory in form considering his age and experience. If 200k get him over the line right now then we should do it and sell him in a year.

Jonesy thinks he has some way to go before Europe. I think two more solid years in the Aleague and Hoole will be ready for Europe. Personally dont think he is suited to England. Unless he bulks up and stops falling over in the challenge. He would do well in Holland and Belgium i reckon

Macca
15-02-2017, 12:36 PM
He's stronger than people think, the leg and core strength required to hold up the ball with a player in his back and be able to be in a controlled enough state to change directions quickly and maintain ball control is pretty high.

As for "not suited for England" that tag is such rubbish. Maybe 20 years ago when straight legged slide tackles were applauded instead of red carded. I don't think he's that dissimilar to Hazard (besides skill level obviously) from your own team. Look elsewhere across top teams and you have Silva, Ozil, Mata etc. None of these guys are big at all yet have done just fine in the English game. One thing that Hoole does have which is a valued attribute in the English game is pace - although I'm not sure if he's quick enough to cause top level players as many issues as he does with A-league ones.

Back to the main point. We should definitely be looking to get a new contract penned. Unfortunately our loyalty to him when he came back from SFC with his tail between his legs won't mean a great deal, but I still think he would rather stay here than go elsewhere in Aus if the offer is decent. He's had a good season and no doubt would be enjoying his football at the moment. If he continues to improve over the next couple of years he will definitely be good enough for a move overseas, we want him on our books until and when that happens. We don't want to wait to see how the rest of the season unfolds, lowball him and end up getting him stolen away.

StannyCFCJET
15-02-2017, 12:38 PM
He's stronger than people think, the leg and core strength required to hold up the ball with a player in his back and be able to be in a controlled enough state to change directions quickly and maintain ball control is pretty high.

As for "not suited for England" that tag is such rubbish. Maybe 20 years ago when straight legged slide tackles were applauded instead of red carded. I don't think he's that dissimilar to Hazard (besides skill level obviously) from your own team. Look elsewhere across top teams and you have Silva, Ozil, Mata etc. None of these guys are big at all yet have done just fine in the English game. One thing that Hoole does have which is a valued attribute in the English game is pace - although I'm not sure if he's quick enough to cause top level players as many issues as he does with A-league ones.

He falls over almost every 1v1 challenge. Needs to stay on his feet and fight more to keep the ball. He is great on the run and weaving in and around players but when they jostle him he falls over.

Frodo
15-02-2017, 12:48 PM
He falls over almost every 1v1 challenge. Needs to stay on his feet and fight more to keep the ball. He is great on the run and weaving in and around players but when they jostle him he falls over.

Some of the highest paid players in the world can't stay on their feet.

I couldn't care less if he makes it in Europe so long as wherever he goes we get some sort of remuneration/transfer fee for him leaving and up until that point he wins us the Asian Champions League... And he buys us all free beers at the pub one time.

The Dunster
15-02-2017, 12:48 PM

The same could be said of Jürgen Klinsmann - his career went ok.

plague
15-02-2017, 12:56 PM
"I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy and he said that guy wasn't very pleasant at school so let's not pay that man his money".

Football fans man.
The hell is wrong with you people?

Jeterpool
15-02-2017, 01:25 PM

Totally disagree. He draws us SO many fouls it's not funny. Be that in a defensive relief or to create an attacking set piece.

Please remember, we are in the Andrew Hoole APPRECIATION thread. May need to start an Andrew Hoole DEATH BY STONING thread.

Frodo
15-02-2017, 01:32 PM
Totally disagree. He draws us SO many fouls it's not funny. Be that in a defensive relief or to create an attacking set piece.

Please remember, we are in the Andrew Hoole APPRECIATION thread. May need to start an Andrew Hoole DEATH BY STONING thread.

Nah, just a 'What grinds Stanny's gears' thread.

i'll give you a hint. It's everything other than Chelsea winning. Lol.

Jeterpool
15-02-2017, 01:46 PM
Nah, just a 'What grinds Stanny's gears' thread.

i'll give you a hint. It's everything other than Chelsea winning. Lol.

Even then... :rof:

Jetmaster
15-02-2017, 01:46 PM
What about a "Hooley, Undisputed Number 7" thread?

StannyCFCJET
15-02-2017, 01:50 PM
I've given Hooley plenty of praise lately cause he has been superb. He still goes down way to easily sometimes when the ball is their to be won. This is my view from attending games and if other people disagree or see something different then that's what opinions are for.

Also dont be Jealous of Chelsea cause where a well run club that is going to win the league again. :yay:

Jeterpool
15-02-2017, 02:09 PM
I've given Hooley plenty of praise lately cause he has been superb. He still goes down way to easily sometimes when the ball is their to be won. This is my view from attending games and if other people disagree or see something different then that's what opinions are for.

Also dont be Jealous of Chelsea cause where a well run club that is going to win the league again. :yay:

All stirring, mate.

StannyCFCJET
15-02-2017, 02:15 PM
All stirring, mate.

Yeah I Know All g

WolfMan
15-02-2017, 05:49 PM

I agree as far as looking to re-sign him.

But I have to bring your attention to the complacency. Watch him off the ball, particularly defensively. One of the most lazy players when he isn't near the ball. Quite literally walks around with his head down.

And it's not limited to defence. Does the same thing in transition to attack.

Go back and watch Nordstrand's winner against Adelaide. If Hoole had continued with his run, any deflection was a tap in for him at the back stick. He stopped dead as soon as Nobby got the ball

Boss
16-02-2017, 09:30 AM
Hooley has more fight in him than anyone I've met in my life and in football.

Frodo
16-02-2017, 04:28 PM
I agree as far as looking to re-sign him.

But I have to bring your attention to the complacency. Watch him off the ball, particularly defensively. One of the most lazy players when he isn't near the ball. Quite literally walks around with his head down.

And it's not limited to defence. Does the same thing in transition to attack.

Go back and watch Nordstrand's winner against Adelaide. If Hoole had continued with his run, any deflection was a tap in for him at the back stick. He stopped dead as soon as Nobby got the ball

I totally agree with you Wolfman. I always seem to catch him tawdling back even if Mullen or Hoffman has made an overlapping run.

Honestly, i have had so many people tell me how good he is defensively that i've come to the conclusion that maybe my disdain for him is making me miss when he does actually track back. He must do it sometimes but we must be missing it.

Or he is a lazy bugger who still gets huffy when things don't go his way. That said, at least this is something that he can improve on. He has the fitness to do it, juts needs to change the mindset.

StannyCFCJET
16-02-2017, 04:35 PM
I totally agree with you Wolfman. I always seem to catch him tawdling back even if Mullen or Hoffman has made an overlapping run.

Honestly, i have had so many people tell me how good he is defensively that i've come to the conclusion that maybe my disdain for him is making me miss when he does actually track back. He must do it sometimes but we must be missing it.

Or he is a lazy bugger who still gets huffy when things don't go his way. That said, at least this is something that he can improve on. He has the fitness to do it, juts needs to change the mindset.

Lately he has defended soo much better but still too lazy when tracking back. On monday night a couple of times players were close enough to press or go in and challenge and he was jogging or walking

The Dunster
16-02-2017, 05:11 PM
Lately he has defended soo much better but still too lazy when tracking back. On monday night a couple of times players were close enough to press or go in and challenge and he was jogging or walking

Robben, Ibrahimovic, Toure, C. Ronaldo, Van Der Vaart, Berbatov, Riquelme, Balotelli, Messi, Lineaker, Van Nistleroy, Bendtner, Drenthe, Nani......and so on.
All lazy as **** but in many cases they saved that energy so they could attack more effectively.
Hence, if Hoole ran down every man for a full 90mins he wouldn't have enough left in the tank when it came time to counter.
It's not Pro Evo or FIFA 17 here - it's real people and they need to ration their energy reserves effectively.

WolfMan
16-02-2017, 05:55 PM
Robben, Ibrahimovic, Toure, C. Ronaldo, Van Der Vaart, Berbatov, Riquelme, Balotelli, Messi, Lineaker, Van Nistleroy, Bendtner, Drenthe, Nani......and so on.
All lazy as **** but in many cases they saved that energy so they could attack more effectively.
Hence, if Hoole ran down every man for a full 90mins he wouldn't have enough left in the tank when it came time to counter.
It's not Pro Evo or FIFA 17 here - it's real people and they need to ration their energy reserves effectively.

And I could get behind this theory, if it wasn't for that same complacency shown in attacking situations as well.

I rate the kid, and as mentioned before, it's something that can change.

cobra23
16-02-2017, 07:51 PM

I think stanny wants payback from someone who took his position back in high school,
Mate stop talking your crap and go back into talking to yourself in the 1 member Chelsea thread.
How the **** can you bag one of a best players in a club that we all support, fans like you need to **** off.
By the way John terry was the slowest piece of shit to play the premier league

plague
16-02-2017, 07:55 PM
Oh man I'm enjoying all these examples of A-League players who go hard up and down the pitch for the full 90.

I mean, you guys are really showing how lazy Hoole is with your individual anecdotes.

He should run laps st halftime, GOOD PLAYERS DONT NEED A SIT AND A DRINK !!!!!!!

steve136
16-02-2017, 10:40 PM
Oh man I'm enjoying all these examples of A-League players who go hard up and down the pitch for the full 90.

I mean, you guys are really showing how lazy Hoole is with your individual anecdotes.

He should run laps st halftime, GOOD PLAYERS DONT NEED A SIT AND A DRINK !!!!!!!

You know us Jets fans - we love a player with good engines more than anything else.

StannyCFCJET
17-02-2017, 12:57 AM
I think stanny wants payback from someone who took his position back in high school,
Mate stop talking your crap and go back into talking to yourself in the 1 member Chelsea thread.
How the **** can you bag one of a best players in a club that we all support, fans like you need to **** off.
By the way John terry was the slowest piece of shit to play the premier league

Ive been praising Hoole alot lately but he's not God just like everyone else in the squad he has things to work on. If he didnt he'd be overseas already.
As for John Terry he read the game better than any CB i have ever seen and had amazing anticipation hence why he never needed pace. Watch Hoole off the ball next game and youll see what im talking about. Im all for saving energy for attacking but if the Player is right next to you at least go and challenge for the ball.

The Dunster
17-02-2017, 01:37 AM
If Europe knew anything about football Griff would have been playing in the EPL. Drogba and Anelka knew how good he was and had to leave Europe and head to China just to play alongside him.
John Terry would never have handled Griffs skill or pace - and probably led the campaign to keep Griffo out of the EPL.
Seems obvious similar tactics are being used to keep Hoole out of Europe as well.

plague
17-02-2017, 09:47 AM
If Europe knew anything about football Griff would have been playing in the EPL. Drogba and Anelka knew how good he was and had to leave Europe and head to China just to play alongside him.
John Terry would never have handled Griffs skill or pace - and probably led the campaign to keep Griffo out of the EPL.
Seems obvious similar tactics are being used to keep Hoole out of Europe as well.

The EPL was never a good enough league to deserve Griffs skill.
If the EPLwas so good then your Messi's, Ronaldo's etc would have played there instead of Spain.

monz6
17-02-2017, 09:03 PM

Hey mate! Just watched Hooley lose the ball and work his backside off to try get it back. And when he didn't he got back and covered for a teammate who had gotten drawn out. Just in case you didn't see. Beause we generally seem to be watching different games

monz6
17-02-2017, 09:36 PM
Bloke must read this.. Has chased back so much tonight

plague
17-02-2017, 09:42 PM
Yeah this whole Hoole doesn't track back argument looks pretty ****ing retarded right now.

The Dunster
17-02-2017, 10:58 PM
He was terrible tonight - threw his dummy and rattle out the pram several times while failing to track back.
If he wants to earn the big bucks or go overseas he can't have poor games like this otherwise he will at best be warming benches.

StannyCFCJET
17-02-2017, 11:06 PM
Thats what ive been saying all along

Wilso8948
17-02-2017, 11:56 PM
I'm still a fan. But saw him storming up the tunnel without shaking anyone's hand at the end of the game. That's pretty ****ing retarded

Jetmaster
18-02-2017, 12:51 PM
I'm still a fan. But saw him storming up the tunnel without shaking anyone's hand at the end of the game. That's pretty ****ing retarded

To be fair - he's not the first cranky player or coach to do that.

Bremsstrahlung
18-02-2017, 01:12 PM
Idk, I have mixed feelings about him.
At the start of the season, he was only interested in attack. Give him the ball and he'll run it, lose it and give up. That infuriated me the most. Second, was his inability to hit a free kick but persistence in taking every single one.
Now, he has been having a go when he loses it. A lot more frequently anyway. Still not each time, but a lot more. So good on him for that. Everyone loses the ball and makes a mistake, don't compound that error.
His free kicks are still below par.
You can't argue with the number of goals he has in our squad. That's a positive. The negative is how many he could have. If he can hone his finishing and not sh*t himself when he is in a good position and 99% certain to score, he could have a lot more and there'd be a lot more people on his side.
He's performing as one of our better players. His game could improve a lot though, which says a lot for his ability and potential I guess. Consistency is key.

Tommyjet
18-02-2017, 09:58 PM
No consistency!! Plain and simple

BP Super Dynamos
18-02-2017, 11:03 PM
I'm all for re-signing Hoole, but I don't see us needing to pay overs. He's still very much a work in progress and after his failed stint @ SFC, I don't see too many clubs clamouring to sign him on big dollars.