PDA

View Full Version : Daily Australian News Thread 2013

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12

Bon
29-11-2013, 02:27 PM
Because he is old. One niggling injury and he turns into Bridges/Kewell and is out for 4-6 weeks until his contract ends.

True.. I agree with you about that..
I wasn't aware of him having the same constant battles with injury that those two do though..
I know it won't mean much since he was a coastie, but look how good Zwansvxkxksisikdk-alphabet did while he was playing and he was older wasn't he?

Premy
29-11-2013, 02:28 PM
A defender in his mid to late 30's isn't the kind of player you offer multi year deals to, surely?
Although I agree somewhat. Look at what Zwaanswijk did and even if in 2 years time his not playing every week having him around at training would still be a good thing for the club

Grimario
29-11-2013, 02:32 PM
True.. I agree with you about that..
I wasn't aware of him having the same constant battles with injury that those two do though..
I know it won't mean much since he was a coastie, but look how good Zwansvxkxksisikdk-alphabet did while he was playing and he was older wasn't he?

I don't know what his injury record was like pre-Jerks... but it's also something that should be factored in with older players. As good as he has been in the opening rounds, I just don't see what he has done to warrant a two year extension.

Premy
29-11-2013, 02:33 PM
We need to find a way of getting Caravella & Mitchell off the books.

Grimario
29-11-2013, 02:35 PM
Offer them to Heart. Proven A-League quality and, compared to some of their old folk, they are definitely "youth policy" signings for them.

joel31
29-11-2013, 03:16 PM
Neville, Chapman and Goodwin next

29-11-2013, 03:41 PM
I'm not.

You would have to be completely legless not to be.

Grimario
29-11-2013, 03:45 PM
You would have to be completely legless not to be.

Only really one that works properly...

Premy
29-11-2013, 04:02 PM
The bloke has played in Romania and A-League so his obviously better then us "Experts" his best years are well beyond him now though.

Grimario
29-11-2013, 04:25 PM
Poor bloke, considered a washed up has been at 29.

29-11-2013, 05:32 PM
Only really one that works properly...

As long as it is the middle one.

Blackmac79
29-11-2013, 06:21 PM
Chapman- 2016/17
Neville- 2015/16
Goodwin- 2015/16
Jaliens-2015/16
Heskey- 2014/15 (under the cap)

Fact or fiction?

Premy
29-11-2013, 06:23 PM
Fact or fiction?

Fiction... just what I would like to see the club do.
Jaliens is a possibility.
Heskey under the cap is a long shot but he doesn't deserve marque wages would be nice to see him give something back after taking 1.5mil from tinks.

joel31
29-11-2013, 06:40 PM
Heskey under the cap is a long shot but he doesn't deserve marque wages would be nice to see him give something back after taking 1.5mil from tinks.
I said this last season and I was shot down and abused on the foz

q-money
29-11-2013, 06:45 PM
it's a learning experience chief

furns
29-11-2013, 08:03 PM
I said this last season and I was shot down and abused on the fozAnd this season - you werent.
Maybe things are getting better

My2BobsWorth
29-11-2013, 08:26 PM
Just sign Bridgey for another season ffs, or we'll have to shut the forum

MFKS
29-11-2013, 09:59 PM

Signing him would be the dumbest ****ing thing they have done since last time they signed him. lets face facts he can not get in the starting side for the vast majority of the season. gets a couple of cameos and gets a new contract for what?? He is not the answer and never has been.

It is a disgrace that we waste a squad spot on this bloke when it could be given to a kid with a disability or a disease or some other noble gesture

joel31
29-11-2013, 10:42 PM
Bridges should go back to being the strikers coach and running his coffee shop. He was a newy star back in the day (when he was captain and before) he doesn't need to ruin that

q-money
29-11-2013, 10:47 PM
how was he ever a star? :rof:

remember when he retired lol

Grimario
29-11-2013, 10:50 PM
Bridges should go back to being the strikers coach and running his coffee shop. He was a newy star back in the day (when he was captain and before) he doesn't need to ruin that

When was he ever a star?! He wasn't even that good for SFC years before he joined us.

joel31
29-11-2013, 11:06 PM
he was one of our better players in 2009/10

lquiquer
29-11-2013, 11:08 PM

The others must have been dreadful

Grimario
29-11-2013, 11:16 PM

I reckon Ljubo, Fabio and Thompson would disagree. Probably Kantarovski, Topor and player of the year Kennedy as well.

joel31
29-11-2013, 11:31 PM
I reckon Ljubo, Fabio and Thompson would disagree. Probably Kantarovski, Topor and player of the year Kennedy as well.
I know the guy is past it now but can't u acknowledge that he was even at least good for us once

Grimario
29-11-2013, 11:36 PM
I know the guy is past it now but can't u acknowledge that he was even at least good for us once

No.

Pierre Essers
29-11-2013, 11:47 PM

Yes...in about 2003. Well for Leeds Utd anyways.

MFKS
30-11-2013, 01:13 AM
Yes...in about 2003. Well for Leeds Utd anyways.

In the periods when he wasn't injured at Leeds

GazFish35
30-11-2013, 08:35 AM

Agreed, he did nutmeg that bloke in the corner.
So yes, he was good for us once.
For about 7 seconds.

parksey
30-11-2013, 12:05 PM
scored a double against the coast once

My2BobsWorth
30-11-2013, 06:31 PM
Ah, the predictability of the forum, some things never change. Missed the point of the post, but never miss a chance for a rant

pistolpete
30-11-2013, 07:51 PM
Always good for a laugh

MFKS
01-12-2013, 03:04 AM

If we sign Bridgey again after that shit effort from him tonight we will have no need to shut the forum as every **** will be bitching about it and it will blow the bandwidth off the scale

sammydog
01-12-2013, 10:05 PM
Probably the wrong place for this, but watching the Special Olympics Opening Ceremony and the Knights have got athletes from all over Asia wearing their hats. surely this is a massive opportunity lost for HSG to promote the Jets in Asia.

I think its great they are promoting newcastle, but in terms of growth in potential supporters it would make more sense to be pushing the Jets in these countries?

More signs after separating the Jets/Knights admins that we are going to be punted by HSG?

northern_swan
01-12-2013, 10:49 PM
Probably the wrong place for this, but watching the Special Olympics Opening Ceremony and the Knights have got athletes from all over Asia wearing their hats. surely this is a massive opportunity lost for HSG to promote the Jets in Asia.

I think its great they are promoting newcastle, but in terms of growth in potential supporters it would make more sense to be pushing the Jets in these countries?

More signs after separating the Jets/Knights admins that we are going to be punted by HSG?

+1
No mention of the Jets until about an hour in, by the stadium announcer guy.

The other thing I noticed was how shit the pitch remains to be. The overhead shots show just how desperately the whole thing needs to be re laid.

sammydog
01-12-2013, 10:59 PM
I saw a photo on twitter and the contrast between the new and old bits of pitch is very obvious. Lets see how the goal mouth looks when the stage comes down.

Paul Lobb has put a few mentions of the Jets in despite old mate from Hey Hey its Saturday steering away from it.

The show/event shouldn't be about the Jets/Knights, but when HSG pushes the Knights that blatantly it just makes it clear where we stand. Still, I see it as an opportunity lost to HSG who ultimately seem to be running the club.

goaliepersempre
02-12-2013, 05:15 AM
basically would also show how inept HSG (Knights) are with marketing... lol The World market would mean to promote the jets and sell some shirts... No one else in the world gives a crap about Rugby League except for the north of England and NZ/Australia....

militiamon
02-12-2013, 12:36 PM
Mate, we just won the World Cup, what are you on about?

:gent:

Smeezyy
02-12-2013, 02:03 PM
Bridges among our best fellas. He's obviously your whipping boy for whatever reason, but he's the only player who demands the ball, commands the players and threads the needle.

I personally didn't see much wrong with his performance Saturday night. Yeah he lost the ball once or twice, but so did Brillante, kanta and Zad. In the time he was on we had 4 or 5 balls played over the top to create some decent chances.

Bit unfair to judge him on 5-10 minute cameos once a fortnight. He was called upon last season at the end to pull us out of the shit, and he very well nearly did, so we can expect the same after we suffer the inevitable loses to Melbourne, WSW and Brisbane.

The majority of the fans love the bloke and appreciate his talent, surprised the feeling is different on here.

Grimario
02-12-2013, 02:14 PM
Bridges among our best fellas. He's obviously your whipping boy for whatever reason, but he's the only player who demands the ball, commands the players and threads the needle.

Out of your fecking tree. He lost the ball all but once touch from what I saw. He had one pass that created a chance but if it was anyone other than Virgili, it would have been overhit and out for a goalkick. Absolute garbage, no pace, no vision, no ability. He can feck off.

And there is a reason he is getting 5-10 minute cameos... it's because he is a garbage has been. More to the point, he is a garbage never was for us. He can fxxk right off.

So, among our best did this on the weekend...

11 completed passes, 4 incomplete. 73% pass completion. Of those completed passes, 4 of them were backwards. One solitary chance created. Creative genius.

Zadkovic at a disappointing 70% - 27 of 39. Then again, his role isn't to be that creative genius you claim Bridgey to be, so his constant harrying, interceptions, forced turnovers, tackles etc are probably more telling
Kantarovski, 34 of 42... 81% pass completion. Again, that's straight up better completion without mentioning his interceptions, tackles, clearances, blocks etc.
Brillante... 11 passes, 11 completed. You can probably do the math yourself with that one.

So... ummm, why exactly do people love him? Apart from that one time he nutmegged a guy in the corner, when has he done anything of worth in the last few years?

Should have stayed retired.

hawk
02-12-2013, 02:29 PM

Welcome to bogan sports Newcastle. Its Knights first > day light > peasants. Peeps quickly forget this :sigh:

Hunter knights group feathered their nest, play on.

belchardo
02-12-2013, 03:15 PM

I personally didn't see much wrong with his performance Saturday night. Yeah he lost the ball once or twice, but so did Brillante, kanta and Zad. In the time he was on we had 4 or 5 balls played over the top to create some decent chances.

Bit unfair to judge him on 5-10 minute cameos once a fortnight. He was called upon last season at the end to pull us out of the shit, and he very well nearly did, so we can expect the same after we suffer the inevitable loses to Melbourne, WSW and Brisbane.

The majority of the fans love the bloke and appreciate his talent, surprised the feeling is different on here.

welcome back smeezyy. was it smeezy last time round?

anyway, i completely disagree with everything you just said.

if he is the messiah:
- why is he only getting 5-10 minute cameos once a fortnight?
- why is he failing to provide the spark required to win us matches when he comes on?
- why did he play 0 minutes of the 3 matches prior to last weekend?

i really wish we could have a poll where every single jets fan voted on a number of issues. i think it would be very interesting. regardless though, the results won't change my opinion of him as a very-good-but-injury-prone youngster who turned into a sporadic-moments-of-slightly-better-than-adequate-and-still-injury-prone senior member of the playing squad.

BodyNovo
02-12-2013, 03:24 PM
good to see ya back smeezy

keep loving bridges mate, someone needs to

GazFish35
02-12-2013, 04:04 PM

Bridges among our best fellas.
Can’t argue with that, one of the best 23 we have in our squad, and he trains among our best every week, probably sits near our best players on the bus too.

He's obviously your whipping boy for whatever reason
One reason: he’s not good enough to warrant a spot in the squad anymore.

but he's the only player who demands the ball, commands the players
I do that when i play, doesn’t make me any good though. If talking is what makes yiou a good player then Choc Mundine should get a gig in the aleague.

and threads the needle.
No. Mesut Ozil threads needles.

I personally didn't see much wrong with his performance Saturday night.
Maybe you were watching the Brisbane game, he didn’t make one error in that one.

Yeah he lost the ball once or twice, but so did Brillante, kanta and Zad.
Bridges 79% pass completion. Brillante’s was 100%, Kanta 81%, Zads, 69%, Brides coming on fresh when others are tired should see him way above this.

In the time he was on we had 4 or 5 balls played over the top to create some decent chances.
In the time he was we had two shots.

Bit unfair to judge him on 5-10 minute cameos once a fortnight.
Yet you just did to try and defend him

He was called upon last season at the end to pull us out of the shit, and he very well nearly did,

Just like I nearly have sex every night of the week. Nearly on Monday, nearly on tuesday etc etc, nearly isnt good enough. WE nearly beat italy in Germany '06, but didnt.

Thats because the majority listen to him, not the stats.

Jetmaster
02-12-2013, 04:17 PM
Welcome to bogan sports Newcastle. Its Knights first > day light > peasants. Peeps quickly forget this :sigh:

Hunter knights group feathered their nest, play on.

Somebody is plain blind - whenever one of our local bogans says league is the bigger game I say one thing.

"See all these visitors from O/S? Ask them who Andrew Johns is. When you get a blank look ask them if they know who Emile Heskey is."

You will get at least an 80% success rate.

The Asian Cup is bigger than this and is only 12 months away.

MFKS
02-12-2013, 04:41 PM
Can’t argue with that, one of the best 23 we have in our squad, and he trains among our best every week, probably sits near our best players on the bus too.

One reason: he’s not good enough to warrant a spot in the squad anymore.

I do that when i play, doesn’t make me any good though. If talking is what makes yiou a good player then Choc Mundine should get a gig in the aleague.

No. Mesut Ozil threads needles.

Maybe you were watching the Brisbane game, he didn’t make one error in that one.

Bridges 79% pass completion. Brillante’s was 100%, Kanta 81%, Zads, 69%, Brides coming on fresh when others are tired should see him way above this.

In the time he was we had two shots.

Yet you just did to try and defend him

Just like I nearly have sex every night of the week. Nearly on Monday

Thats because the majority listen to him, not the stats.

:sup:

I thought the bloke was either trolling and not worthy of a reply or someone's multi trying to take the piss poorly.

Anyways you bit and congrats on how well you played

leftrightout
02-12-2013, 05:12 PM
a sporadic-moments-of-slightly-better-than-adequate-and-still-injury-prone senior member of the playing squad.

Hahahahaha that is the best summation i have heard!

Grimario
02-12-2013, 05:16 PM
pv4 was right... this whole Bridgey argument is like religion. All those in the anti-Bridgey camp provide piles and piles of evidence that the pro-Bridgey brigade palm off with pseudo mythical BS like "the team seems to lift" or "lots of people love him".

Smeezyy
02-12-2013, 05:21 PM
Alright you got me. I have a soft spot for an English accent...

Premy
02-12-2013, 05:34 PM
Alright you got me. I have a soft spot for an English accent...

What's your thoughts on Caravella?

My2BobsWorth
02-12-2013, 05:49 PM

:sup:

Smeezyy
02-12-2013, 06:03 PM

He's no Michael Bridges ;)

Man I missed all you guys : ' )

MFKS
02-12-2013, 09:22 PM
Central Coast Mariners can this afternoon confirm that the Club’s respected Head of Sports Science Andrew Clark will follow Graham Arnold to Japan to work for Vegalta Sendai.

As a foundation Mariners player and strength and conditioning guru, Clark has served his hometown Club with distinction and pride since 2005.

With Arnold recently inking a deal to mentor the J.League outfit, Clark has been recruited by his former Mariners colleague to assist him over the next two seasons in the land of the rising sun.

Today Clark said the challenge of working in Asia’s top domestic league is something he is extremely excited about.

“In the past I have been offered the chance to work at other sporting clubs in Australia, but to be frank I have never wanted to work at any other sporting club in Australia,” Clark said. “This opportunity takes me to another level, and gives me the chance to chase my dream of working at the highest standard I can in the football world.”

“My respect, loyalty and love for the Mariners doesn’t stop because I’m leaving. The Mariners will always be my team and as a group we are so proud of what we have achieved. Arnie and I will do our best in Sendai, and back in Australia the Mariners will be in capable hands with Phil Moss, John Crawley and Wayne O’Sullivan.”

“While first and foremost this is a career opportunity, it is also a great opportunity to live in a new culture along with my beautiful wife and two young daughters. It will be an amazing experience for all of us.”

Central Coast Mariners Head Coach Phil Moss said that Clark will depart the Club with the blessing of management, staff, players and fans.

“Andrew Clark has been a great contributor to the success of the Central Coast Mariners since year one,” Moss said. “As much as anyone Andrew epitomises what the Mariners are all about, and we know local people think extremely highly of him.”

“Clarky is a very ambitious person, so a move to the J.League takes him to another level in his career. We hope he can help Graham achieve success with Sendai, and will be watching their progress keenly.”

Clark will continue working with Central Coast until Hyundai A-League 2013/14 round 10 when the Mariners travel to the city of churches to take on Adelaide United. He will then enjoy a brief break before jetting to Japan in January to commence life with the 2012 J.League Runner Up.

“In keeping with the Mariners’ philosophy there is a succession plan in place, and Andrew’s replacement will be appointed following round 10 in Adelaide,” Moss concluded.

The House of cards continues to crumble

Beeen
02-12-2013, 09:58 PM
Anyone listen to SST on this aparent "huge' news regarding us?

Jeterpool
02-12-2013, 10:01 PM
Anyone listen to SST on this aparent "huge' news regarding us?

No. I wonder what they could be referring to. And what is SST?

Beeen
02-12-2013, 10:04 PM
Soccer Stoppage Time

belchardo
02-12-2013, 10:10 PM
Sst Twitter saying we were sounding out coaches before we won the three matches.

Pico
02-12-2013, 10:48 PM
the rumour is Darren Stewart was approached, currently coaching in Singapore but was confirmed not to be renewing his contract, or his assistants (let the deans out rumours commence)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darren_Stewart
http://news.asiaone.com/news/sports/darren-stewart-cut-loose-balestier

joel31
02-12-2013, 10:57 PM
I don't like his credentials. Would prefer GVE to stay or Pappas

joel31
02-12-2013, 10:58 PM
Newcastle Jets twitter denied it

Thomas477
02-12-2013, 11:18 PM
Newcastle Jets twitter denied it

Of course they would. Wouldn't be stablising for GvE if they confirmed it.

hawk
02-12-2013, 11:32 PM
Somebody is plain blind - whenever one of our local bogans says league is the bigger game I say one thing.

"See all these visitors from O/S? Ask them who Andrew Johns is. When you get a blank look ask them if they know who Emile Heskey is."

You will get at least an 80% success rate.

The Asian Cup is bigger than this and is only 12 months away.

well played.

hawk
02-12-2013, 11:34 PM

Will the real cara please come back. The one who bossed midfield when he first came here and wasnt told to play some other fantastic style.

Grimario
02-12-2013, 11:37 PM
James Gardiner ‏@JamesGardiner42 6m
Explosive claims on Sydney radio re jets coach and HSG CEO Troy palmer. See @newcastleherald tomorrow @newyboys #90minutes

So... what did they say about Troy Palmer?

sammydog
02-12-2013, 11:37 PM
.....wasnt told to play some other fantastic style.

Thats what has messed with most of our squad. Natural game coached out of them.

sammydog
02-12-2013, 11:39 PM
James Gardiner ‏@JamesGardiner42 6m
Explosive claims on Sydney radio re jets coach and HSG CEO Troy palmer. See @newcastleherald tomorrow @newyboys #90minutes

So... what did they say about Troy Palmer?

Just asked James Gardiner on Twitter. His response....

got to give you a reason to buy a paper- to do with recruitment and team selection.

Club is dictating to GVE, bringing on his sudden change in style?

belchardo
03-12-2013, 09:17 AM
Doubts over Gary van Egmond's future with Jets

SPECULATION over the future of Jets coach Gary van Egmond resurfaced last night after claims club management has approached Singapore-based former Socceroo Darren Stewart.

The Herald reported last month that the Newcastle-born Stewart, who guided Balestier Khalsa to the S League Cup this season, was among a host of coaches linked to the position as pressure increased on van Egmond following the Jets' slow start to the campaign.

High-profile player agent Tony Rallis said on Sydney radio station 2MM that Stewart had been "sounded out" four weeks ago before the Jets went on a three-game winning streak.

Stewart, a former Newcastle Breakers defender who played three games for the Socceroos, has spent the past 15 years in South East Asia as a player and then coach.

Rallis, whose clients include former Jets Nicky Carle and Tarek Elrich, then launched a stinging attack on Hunter Sports Group chief executive Troy Palmer.

"It is well known that there is no love lost between Gary and I, but tell the bloke if he is not part of your plans," Rallis said on radio show Soccer Stoppage Time, which broke the news last Wednesday that Adam Taggart had re-signed.

"Don't wait for him to fail and don't text your mates telling them who you have approached.

"It's destabilising for the coach and leaves the players questioning [what's happening]."

Rallis also claimed that Palmer was interfering with team selection and player recruitment.

Jets chief executive Robbie Middleby, who Rallis praised, did not respond to calls and text messages from the Herald last night but posted on Twitter: "There has been no approach made to any other coach".

Van Egmond is off contract at the end of the year. The Jets, who are in fifth place, have re-signed three players in the past week but are yet to clarify the coaching situation.

Van Egmond led the Jets to the 2007-08 championship during his first stint at the helm, but since his return two seasons ago they have missed the finals.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1946704/doubts-over-gary-van-egmonds-future-with-jets/?cs=306

hardly earth shattering stuff. pretty much as most people suspected i think.

The Dunster
03-12-2013, 10:29 AM
Not a lot of people thought Tarek Elrich was worth a starting position with the Jets early in his career - but GVE thought otherwise and gave him an opportunity to develop. This appears to have slipped Tony Rallis' mind.

GazFish35
03-12-2013, 12:09 PM
so Palmer is trouble.
wow. big scoop that one.

Jeterpool
03-12-2013, 12:20 PM
so Palmer is trouble.
wow. big scoop that one.

Yep - puts Middleby up to cop the brunt of fans frustration.

I've noticed that we rarely/never see of hear him. I wonder what the influence he has put onto team selections.

plague
03-12-2013, 04:44 PM
"Robbie Middleby, who Rallis praised".......

I might opt out of this discussion if it's ok with you lads.

goaliepersempre
03-12-2013, 06:36 PM
What abput the Jets members Email.... For the RBB do everything better game.

Grimario
03-12-2013, 06:58 PM
The "create a new chant to use against the RBB and win something!" email?

Thomas477
03-12-2013, 06:58 PM
If they play the chants over the PA system, I will walk out.

Nothing is more embarassing.

plague
03-12-2013, 07:03 PM
What abput the Jets members Email.... For the RBB do everything better game.

Clearly the work of Troy Palmer.

(soz, couldn't resist).

GazFish35
03-12-2013, 07:43 PM
Don't apologise.

northern_swan
03-12-2013, 09:30 PM
Yep - puts Middleby up to cop the brunt of fans frustration.

I've noticed that we rarely/never see of hear him. I wonder what the influence he has put onto team selections.

He signed Emile Heskey without even telling GVE

He spurned an approach from Tim Cahill for a 10 game stint last season

He selected a team for a game last year that started the run of wins late season.

skippy
03-12-2013, 09:42 PM
The "create a new chant to use against the RBB and win something!" email?

Its on their instagram accounts, some of the chants are fantastic.

hawk
03-12-2013, 09:54 PM
He signed Emile Heskey without even telling GVE

He spurned an approach from Tim Cahill for a 10 game stint last season

He selected a team for a game last year that started the run of wins late season.

source?

Grimario
03-12-2013, 09:55 PM
source?

Hewlett Packard

Blackmac79
03-12-2013, 10:20 PM
**** the club and their marketing bullshit.

**** the RBB

And **** the club again for constantly having RBB cock in their mouth.

goaliepersempre
03-12-2013, 10:23 PM
Silent Protest time......

Grimario
03-12-2013, 10:33 PM
Silent Protest time......

:lulz:

Sif anyone can hear you over the RBB. You need to be more like them and make noise in the first place.

hawk
03-12-2013, 10:35 PM
lol

militiamon
03-12-2013, 11:53 PM
Just embarrassing, although nothing out of the ordinary for this management.

Middleby and/or Palmer's work no doubt.

militiamon
04-12-2013, 12:05 AM
Got to hand it to them, they sure nailed it with the prize matching their target market. There isn't a more bogan-appropriate prize than a 50" TV.

MFKS
04-12-2013, 12:24 AM
Got to hand it to them, they sure nailed it with the prize matching their target market. There isn't a more bogan-appropriate prize than a 50" TV.

Yes there is a 60 inch one has much more appeal Militia :wink:

MFKS
04-12-2013, 02:38 AM
Children as young as eight are being used as "mules" to smuggle flares and smoke bombs into Premier League matches, according to new research.

A survey found a third of supporters have been directly affected by pyrotechnics at a stadium and that 86% are concerned for their safety.

Use or possession of such devices in grounds can lead to bans or prison, and an education drive has been launched.

In the first three months of this season, there were 96 pyrotechnic incidents across the Premier League, Football League, Football Conference and domestic cup competitions.

For the whole of 2012-13 that figure was 172, a steep increase from 72 during the previous campaign and just eight a year earlier.

Last season saw 71 arrests for 'possession of a firework/flare at a sporting event', an increase of 154% on the 2011-12 season.

The Premier League-commissioned survey of 1,635 supporters found more than half of fans had witnessed pyrotechnics at a match, 24% had had their view obscured, 10% had suffered from smoke inhalation and 2% had been affected by heat from a flare.

"It's the biggest concern we've got among fans at the moment," Cathy Long, head of supporter services at the Premier League, told BBC Sport.

"There have been incidents across the world where people have had bad injuries or died. We've been lucky that our leagues haven't had such major issues yet, but we want to stop that from happening."

A worrying trend exposed by the research was of children being used as "mules" to bring pyrotechnics into grounds on behalf of others.

It claims that at one Premier League match last season, an eight-year-old entered the stadium with pyrotechnics in his rucksack and was seen passing them to members of an adult group who let them off.

"A lot of supporters may be unaware that the use or possession of pyrotechnics is actually illegal and the ultimate sanction is prison," said Football Supporters' Federation caseworker Amanda Jacks.

Two-thirds of parents said increased use of pyrotechnics was putting them off bringing their children, a feeling Ruth Maddocks can relate to.

Her eight-year-old son James was in the Everton section at Liverpool last season, but missed the action after being struck by a smoke bomb.

"It was before the game and the players had all just come out on to the pitch," she told BBC Sport.

"Everyone was standing up so my son was standing on the chair. My husband just heard James saying 'ouch!' and on the back of his neck he could see a really big red mark but ash still burning away at his skin.

"My husband flicked it off and then took James to be treated by St John Ambulance, who put some gel on it and a plaster. He came back to the seat but it was such a shake-up for him he couldn't stay."

More commonly associated with overseas football stadiums, the use of pyrotechnics is a relatively new phenomenon in English football.

"The European influence is very, very strong," Jacks added. "I've no doubt people think pyro creates a better atmosphere and enhances supporting their team. Whether or not that's true, it's illegal. They might end up seeing Christmas inside a cell."
Offenders jailed and banned

November 2013: A Manchester United fan who set off a smoke bomb during the match at West Bromwich Albion - Sir Alex Ferguson's last game in charge - was given a two-month jail term, suspended for 12 months, and banned from all football grounds for three years.

February 2013: Two Chelsea fans were jailed for 28 days and given six-year football banning orders for taking smoke bombs into a match at Swansea City.

January 2013: An Exeter City fan was jailed for two months and given a six-year banning order for attempting to take a smoke bomb into a match at Torquay United.

August 2012: An Oxford United fan was jailed for two months and given a six-year banning order for taking a smoke bomb into a match at Plymouth Argyle.

In October, Fifa began disciplinary proceedings against the England and Poland Football Associations after flares, which burn at temperatures of 1,600C (the melting point of steel) were lit during a World Cup qualifier at Wembley.

Earlier that month, assistant referee David Bryan was hit by a flare during a match between Aston Villa and Tottenham at Villa Park.

A 15-year-old boy suffered lung damage from a smoke bomb thrown during Villa's trip to Wigan in May, and in February a 14-year-old boy was killed by a flare thrown during a match in Bolivia.

A man whose father was killed by a flare at a World Cup qualifier between Wales and Romania in 1993 says "nothing has been learnt" from the tragedy, while the Scottish FA hopes to eradicate their use following two incidents last Saturday.

"These people don't care about the consequences - they think it's a laugh," said Dave Lewis, head of security at Everton.

"It's not a laugh and the consequences are dire."

The government-backed campaign aims to tackle the problem with pyrotechnic detection dogs, amnesty bins, an advertising campaign and improved camera surveillance and body searches.

Clubs involved in three or more incidents with flares in 2013-14

5: Everton, Manchester United, Wigan Athletic

4: Liverpool, Manchester City, Sheffield United

3: Bradford City, Bristol City, Burnley, Charlton Athletic, Leeds United, Mansfield Town, Nottingham Forest, Oldham Athletic

SD did you learn anything here??

sh10
04-12-2013, 03:27 AM
I seriously could not tell if that was a pisstake or serious article for about the first 30 lines.

Blackmac79
04-12-2013, 07:35 AM
Everton know who to do it. No pyro. No party

MFKS
04-12-2013, 10:43 PM
DUTCH defender Kew Jaliens has started contract talks with the Jets which could involve a move into coaching once his playing career is complete.

See your ad here

Jaliens arrived in Newcastle in August on a one-year deal and is one of nine players yet to be retained for next season.

The 35-year-old centre back, who played 10 internationals for Holland, has helped transform a Jets defence that leaked a whopping 45 goals last season into a more solid, organised unit that is giving up just over a goal a game.

His family will join him in Newcastle before Christmas, and his children are enrolled to start school in January.

Asked if he had discussed a new contract with the Jets, Jaliens said: ‘‘Yes. There are some good signals from the club and we will see what they bring to the table.

‘‘For me it is positive.

‘‘I came out here to show I can still play and have the qualities. If from the club’s side they like it and are positive about it, that is a good thing.’’

Jaliens, who will be 36 before the start of next season, was confident he still had ‘‘at least two more years’’ playing at the top level.

‘‘I’m fit, I feel good,’’ he said.

‘‘As long as I am able to compete with the young boys, I am fine.’’

Beyond that he plans to take up coaching.

‘‘I see a great opportunity for that here,’’ he said.

"If that means a longer stay at the club, for me that is a positive."

Jaliens returned from a one-game suspension for dissent in the 2-0 loss to Sydney.

He was given a straight red card in the 87th minute of the 2-1 win over Brisbane Roar in round six after an exchange with referee Matt Gillett.

Though apologetic for the send-off, Jaliens said referees needed to take into account emotion and what was at stake in games.

"I have been professional since I am 17," he said. "I want to win and I don't always agree.

"I am used to having arguments with the ref. I am also used to referees interacting. If he doesn't like it, he can say to me, 'Hey, that is enough now. Next time you get a yellow card.' But there was not even a chance for a discussion."

Jaliens said he had a similar encounter with Ben Williams in Saturday's loss but was not booked, let alone sent off.

"He said something, I said something back, and it was done," Jaliens said. "After the match we can drink tea."

Jaliens said the Jets had not played a "bad game" against Sydney but conceded they needed to improve against Melbourne Victory at AAMI Park on Sunday.

"This is a team who, if you are not 100 per cent, they will punish you," he said. "They have great players up front.

"I noticed that they play the early cross very often into the running strikers coming in. This is one of their strengths.

"On the other hand, if you try to press them more early, they don't have the time and the space to give this ball."

Sunday's match is the start of a difficult three-game run to Christmas in which the Jets also meet pacesetters Wanderers (home) and Roar (away).

"We will have played all the big, stronger teams, and it will be a chance to see where we stand," Jaliens said.

Jaliens's regular defensive partner, Connor Chapman, resumed full training yesterday and is in line for a return.

See your ad here

The match could have added significance for coach Gary van Egmond after claims by high-profile player agent Tony Rallis on a Sydney radio station that the club had approached Singapore-based coach Darren Stewart, a former Socceroo.

The Jets rejected the comments, saying on Twitter: "There has been no approach made to any other coach."

Requests yesterday for an interview with chief executive Robbie Middleby and Hunter Sports Group boss Troy Palmer were knocked back in an email which said: "We won't be adding to what we issued last night as we don't wish to make any further comment on rumour and speculation

:lulzturtle:

Blackmac79
05-12-2013, 12:29 PM
In other news have taken out comprehensive health insurance in preparation for the wanderers game.

MFKS
05-12-2013, 01:03 PM
In other news have taken out comprehensive health insurance in preparation for the wanderers game.

I am hiring a team of private bodyguards. What is everyone else doing to protect themselves

Grimario
05-12-2013, 01:13 PM
Staying home.

Jeterpool
05-12-2013, 01:23 PM
FORMER Jets hitman Ryan Griffiths is looking to secure a move either back to Asia or the A-League next month after a technicality scuppered his transfer to Malaysian club Sarawak.
The former Socceroo and Jets forward, now back in Newcastle, was all set to join Malaysia Super League side Sarawak in November from Chinese League One team Beijing Baxy.

Griffiths had originally moved to Baxy from the Jets in February, after securing an early release of his contract with the A-League club.

“There’s a rule there that because I played in the second division, you can’t play for any second division team regardless of what country and sign for the Malaysian top league,” he said.

“Which is pretty ridiculous. So that barred me from going to Sarawak, which is a little bit disappointing.”

Griffiths is currently back in Australia spending time with his family. He scored nine goals in 22 matches for Baxy and banged in 19 goals in 55 appearances over two and a half seasons at Hunter Stadium.

“I’m not really doing much, waiting for something to come along,” he said. “Because it’s such a quiet time for transfers I haven’t heard much from anybody at all. So I’m just biding my time, staying fit and healthy, and wait see when the transfers open up.”

Griffiths, who has three spells in China with different clubs as well as a stint in Romania, has been training by himself in Newcastle. The 32-year old winger is open to returning to the A-League but going back to China appears most likely.

“Most of the interest is coming from China, just because I’ve got a good reputation there,” he said. “But I’m not really saying no to the A-League.

"My priority would be to stay with the Jets but from what they’ve told me they don’t have the funds or anything like that at the moment.

"I enjoyed my time overseas and new experiences, so I’m not too fussed on where I end up going as long as it’s nothing too scary.”

While back in Newcastle the Sutherland Sharks junior has been running his own personalized striker training sessions.

Griffiths says he had planned to set up his own academy while he was at the Jets.

“It’s something I wouldn’t mind doing in the future,” he said. “It’s something I enjoy doing and I kind of take pride in it.

"It’s more I don’t want to be just labeled as someone that starts an academy and is all in it just for making money.

"But it definitely would be a good way of getting personalized lessons for kids, specific training not for football all round, just specifically for shooting and teaching them how to get in the positions to score.

"I think when you finish football a lot of people really miss football that’s why they go into coaching. Some people go straight into coaching, they don’t even think about it.

"But a lot of people go through a transition where they think do I want to be associated for football, or do I want to do something completely different.”

Source - http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/289644,ryan-in-limbo-after-red-tape-wrangle.aspx

Zico
05-12-2013, 01:34 PM
:lulzturtle:
MFKS, This bloke is over 25 years old?
****n hell your queer c*%t with your double standards.

Grimario
05-12-2013, 01:37 PM

I took MFKFC's :lulzturtle: to be in regards the coaching stuff at the bottom... could be wrong, though.

Jetmaster
05-12-2013, 01:43 PM
The Ryan Griffiths Academy is probably in the same building as the Joel Griffiths Foundation mooted in 2009.

The Griffs are salesmen - what bullshit.

Brijaliens Academy of Football is already registered ! :wink:

MFKS
05-12-2013, 01:46 PM

Someone is burning :sup:

What double standards you talking about ???

Zico
05-12-2013, 01:47 PM
I took MFKFC's :lulzturtle: to be in regards the coaching stuff at the bottom... could be wrong, though.
Your probably rite mate but I still think he is a queer c*%t though :roflz:

Zico
05-12-2013, 01:49 PM
Someone is burning :sup:

What double standards you talking about ???
you and your "if your over 25 your to old" bullshit.

MFKS
05-12-2013, 01:50 PM
you and your "if your over 25 your to old" bullshit.

Care to enlighten me where I said that ???? :wtf:

Bon
05-12-2013, 02:01 PM
If anyone is keen on some free burritos handed out by Benny Kennedy.. Then word is that you should get up to Charlie Square now..

Zico
05-12-2013, 02:35 PM
Care to enlighten me where I said that ???? :wtf:
Read back through your dribble from the past. I remember a time when you even commented that if you haven't made the A League by the time your 19 then you shouldn't be kept as you will never make it.
Your rubbish continues to make me think WTF is wrong with this cock sucker!

militiamon
05-12-2013, 03:12 PM
Well this is cute.

BodyNovo
05-12-2013, 03:15 PM
:lulzturtle:take it to the local forums

selassie
05-12-2013, 03:50 PM

Read back through your dribble from the past. I remember a time when you even commented that if you haven't made the A League by the time your 19 then you shouldn't be kept as you will never make it.

http://i.imgur.com/Pr9OGht.png?1

BodyNovo
05-12-2013, 03:51 PM
:rof:

q-money
05-12-2013, 04:09 PM
:rof:

Blackmac79
05-12-2013, 04:10 PM
Ban stick.

Thomas477
05-12-2013, 05:07 PM
:lulzturtle:take it to the local forums

:lulz:

russjaybee
05-12-2013, 05:24 PM
:popcorn:

militiamon
05-12-2013, 05:26 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Pr9OGht.png?1

Outstanding work :rof:

My2BobsWorth
05-12-2013, 08:17 PM

I have only sucked one time, and I didn't enjoy it very much, but I think Q did:

Splanes a lot

q-money
05-12-2013, 08:19 PM
:rof: everyone scoring points

Thomas477
05-12-2013, 08:45 PM

Who the **** would read through his dribble? His posts are a see it, laugh at it, move on type of post, verses the more in depth, thoughtful, provoking posts (if there's any on the foz)

sh10
05-12-2013, 08:54 PM
Who the **** would read through his dribble? His posts are a see it, laugh at it, move on type of post, verses the more in depth, thoughtful, provoking posts (if there's any on the foz)

I prefer plague's sarcastic and incisive commentary on everyday life

q-money
05-12-2013, 10:25 PM
T477 throwing out the big haymakers at the member, he can't stand for this surely

plague
05-12-2013, 11:14 PM
I prefer plague's sarcastic and incisive commentary on everyday life

Very humbling. Ta.

Although to be fair The Member does have a fap meter dedicated to him.

sh10
05-12-2013, 11:22 PM
At least with The Member here there's always something to read when I log on.

belchardo
05-12-2013, 11:25 PM
At least with The Member here there's always something to read when I log on.

quality >>>>>>>>> quantity

or as MFKS would say

****en kale >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ****en any other ****

militiamon
06-12-2013, 03:00 AM
The Member is actually a top bloke irl.

hamma will confirm.

leftrightout
06-12-2013, 09:19 AM
I figure the member is the Roy Keane of the forum.... some people love him, some people think he is a bit of a cock, but the place would be shit house without him and no one wants him to go! He always makes it interesting!

Jeterpool
06-12-2013, 09:36 AM
I figure the member is the Roy Keane of the forum.... some people love him, some people think he is a bit of a cock, but the place would be shit house without him and no one wants him to go! He always makes it interesting!

Are you angling for a MFKS Appreciation Thread?

MFKS
06-12-2013, 10:11 AM
FFS :wtf: What the **** is going on here???

Grimario
06-12-2013, 10:12 AM
It's the Mayfield Kentucky Fried Chicken love in. Pay attention.

plague
06-12-2013, 10:19 AM
The Member is actually a top bloke irl.

hamma will confirm.

Most shocking thing is that someone hasn't created a Kale Bradbury multi and used it to stick up for the Member.
I'd do it but I can't keep up with all the multis I already have.

Jeterpool
06-12-2013, 11:32 AM
Most shocking thing is that someone hasn't created a Kale Bradbury multi and used it to stick up for the Member.

I thought Kale was already on the forum going under the name SuperDylan the way him and MFKS catch up at youth games?? :lulz:

leftrightout
06-12-2013, 12:57 PM
Are you angling for a MFKS Appreciation Thread?

He has had some fine moments!
More than some people who do have appreciation threads already!

militiamon
06-12-2013, 01:50 PM

Someone posted a screenshot of one of MFKS' posts to Kale Brabery's facebook page a while back. Y'know, one of the posts with lots of fapping emoticons :fap: :fap: :fap:

Kale was horrified :rof:

joel31
06-12-2013, 01:59 PM
Someone posted a screenshot of one of MFKS' posts to Kale Brabery's facebook page a while back. Y'know, one of the posts with lots of fapping emoticons :fap: :fap: :fap:

tell me more ...

plague
06-12-2013, 02:09 PM

Mark Zuckerberg would be so proud.

sh10
06-12-2013, 02:28 PM

:rof::fap:

Grimario
06-12-2013, 03:10 PM

I went searching, found Kale and clicked on pictures.

Jeebus, his girlfriend needs to put on more clothes or I am going to get fired from work.

Pico
09-12-2013, 12:21 PM
Hunter Stadium lease negotiated
By MICHELLE HARRIS
Dec. 8, 2013, 10 p.m

A 10-YEAR lease for Hunter Stadium is set to be signed between the state government and the Hunter Sports Group. But a $400,000 turf bill owed to the government remains unpaid, more than three years after it was incurred.

The board of Venues NSW, which manages the stadium for the state government, has ratified the terms of the access agreement negotiated with the owner of the Newcastle Knights and Jets.

Arrangements for the execution of the agreement were being finalised, a spokesman for Sports Minister Gabrielle Upton said.

It comes after lengthy negotiations, which faltered when Hunter Sports Group failed to pay $883,000 for stadium access and catering in 2012. It eventually settled the debt in full, but not before suggesting at one point that it would pay a remaining amount on completion of the access agreement. Venues NSW insisted the two matters were unrelated.

Ms Upton’s spokesman said the access agreement included provisions ‘‘to protect the interests of Venues NSW and the NSW government’’, but the terms were confidential.

The remaining bill of $400,000 dates to November 2010, prior to the Hunter Sports Group taking over the Knights.

Hunter Venues, the then state authority in charge of the stadium, alleged the Knights were responsible for damage to the playing surface caused by a Super X motorcycle event in October 2010.

The field had to be largely returfed at short notice before the exhibition soccer match between Newcastle Jets and LA Galaxy.

Knights officials at the time argued they were not solely liable because Hunter Venues had rubber-stamped the motocross.

The minister’s spokesman said discussions about the turf bill were continuing.

‘‘Venues NSW and HSG are currently working together to achieve a resolution to the turf debt matter,’’ Ms Upton’s spokesman said.

‘‘This is the desired path for both parties, rather than legal action.’’

Previously, Hunter Sports Group said the bill was not its responsibility.

A Knights spokeswoman said both parties were working ‘‘closely to resolve this matter in the near future’’.

www.theherald.com.au/story/1959202/hunter-stadium-lease-negotiated/?cs=305

Honestly can not believe the state government is charging $400k for that piece of shit re-turfing attempt. You'd see better facilities in Iraq.

The FFA needs to get their head out of their arse and get the state to relay the surface, the FFA is the only ones with the leverage to get this done, and it should be done before next season starts so that the turf has time to settle before the Asian cup starts in 2015.

That would probably require the NRL to fixture a few away games for the knights in a row to create a large enough window for the works to be done but I think their draw is already done so that chance has probably slipped by now. Can't wait to see the laughing stock of a stadium pitch we will be presenting for the Asian cup, its probably not even good enough to be considered a training venue.

I still don't understand why in a country that has a heap of multi use sports grounds that the state governments have not invested in modern stadium pitch systems that stand up to greater and harsher use without needing a full re-turf every 2 years.

q-money
09-12-2013, 12:27 PM
Dear bloke,

The Newcastle Jets take on the Western Sydney Wanders this Saturday December 14 (7.45pm kick-off) at Hunter Stadium in the biggest and most exciting match of the year.

With both teams looking to cement their position in the top two, this is a match not to be missed.

Over 22,000 fans enjoyed this spectacle last season and with 5,000 Members of the Red and Black Bloc expected to travel to Newcastle for this match, don't miss this opportunity to see the colours, dancing and chanting of this truly unique fan group. The atmosphere will be unlike anything you have ever experienced.

Ticket prices start from $22 for an adult, $16 for a concession, $8 for a junior and $50 for a family of two adults and two children.

Stand With Us and get behind captain Ruben Zadkovich, our marquee player Emile Heskey and the entire team as we battle against the Red and Black invasion this Saturday.

when will the club get the RBB's dick out of their mouth ffs

Jetmaster
09-12-2013, 12:29 PM
Agreed - unfortunately, the other codes don't need a biiliard table surface (and they paint half of it anyway), so it is not seen as a priority.

Take a look at Wigan, Hull, Leeds and Old Trafford though to see what is possible. Considering two codes play on these grounds and they face ice, snow and rain each week they come up pretty smick.

Grimario
09-12-2013, 12:32 PM

Ha... just asked Mark DT on twitter who writes that drivel.

MFKS
09-12-2013, 01:00 PM
Agreed - unfortunately, the other codes don't need a biiliard table surface (and they paint half of it anyway), so it is not seen as a priority.

Take a look at Wigan, Hull, Leeds and Old Trafford though to see what is possible. Considering two codes play on these grounds and they face ice, snow and rain each week they come up pretty smick.

They don't play much League at Old Trafford

Usually English Grand Final and the occasional rare Test Match.

Fergie used to blow his stack about it every year as he could never understand why a club Manures size needed the coin from the lease of their pitch for a couple of league games only to get chopped up smack in the middle of the EPL season

GazFish35
09-12-2013, 01:03 PM

Oi! The RBB are the greatest thing in world football, they do everything first.
They've been sucking their own dicks long before our club started to do it for them.

Premy
09-12-2013, 01:16 PM
They don't play much League at Old Trafford

Usually English Grand Final and the occasional rare Test Match.

Fergie used to blow his stack about it every year as he could never understand why a club Manures size needed the coin from the lease of their pitch for a couple of league games only to get chopped up smack in the middle of the EPL season

Fergie having a whinge???
No never I don't believe you.

plague
09-12-2013, 03:57 PM
The RBB are so good that Robbie Middleby is thinking of giving them a one year extension.

09-12-2013, 04:35 PM
The RBB are so good that Robbie Middleby is thinking of giving them a one year extension.

As long as he sticks to contracts and leaves weekly team selections and tactics to Palmer that is ok.

MFKS
09-12-2013, 04:37 PM

On another note has the bloke actually given Palmer a contract extension yet ??

The bloke is going great guns at the moment with his tactics team selections etc

PALMER IN

plague
09-12-2013, 08:23 PM
On another note has the bloke actually given Palmer a contract extension yet ??

The bloke is going great guns at the moment with his tactics team selections etc

PALMER IN

Very interesting observation Member. Although it's already all over twitter that Sydney are lining up a big offer for him.
It will be interesting to see if ADP picks Farina as coach this weekend.

GazFish35
09-12-2013, 09:44 PM
Very interesting observation Member. Although it's already all over twitter that Sydney are lining up a big offer for him.
It will be interesting to see if ADP picks Farina as coach this weekend.

All dependant on the availability of his first choice referees I believe.

MFKS
09-12-2013, 09:54 PM
All dependant on the availability of his first choice referees I believe.

But if the Smurfs had Palmer they would be unbeatable.

Just look at the Jets.

The only time they have lost this season under Palmer is when they were done over by ADP's handpicked referees

Premy
12-12-2013, 12:17 AM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1966951/video-herald-half-time/?cs=303

anyone else seen this yet???

furns
12-12-2013, 12:24 AM
only found it through a retweet from Gardiner on twitter

will check it out

Premy
12-12-2013, 12:34 AM
Not to bad seems that its going to be a weekly show. Maybe the foz needs to lift its game to offer the herald some more scoops.

seldom
12-12-2013, 01:14 AM
Lowey a much better analysist than a "scout".....lol.....middleby out !

leftrightout
12-12-2013, 09:14 AM
I am actually really suprised, it is quite good!
Considering how low budget it is, they have done a good job...

Premy
12-12-2013, 10:46 AM
Didn't really know where to put this but it will over lap with the start of the A-League. NHRU have put in a expression of interest for a team no big deal unless they play there games at Turton rd but I think No2 as there home is where there preferences is.

http://m.foxsports.com.au/rugby/national-rugby-championship-to-kickoff-midway-through-2014-aru-boss-bill-pulver-confirms/story-e6frf4pu-1226779727405

q-money
12-12-2013, 11:29 AM
sydney club rugby is a ****ing joke anyway. no waratahs players for most of the year, then uni usually come back and walk it

west harbour for life (y)

hope it gets off the ground to be honest, newy should get a team

Premy
12-12-2013, 11:34 AM
sydney club rugby is a ****ing joke anyway. no waratahs players for most of the year, then uni usually come back and walk it

west harbour for life (y)

hope it gets off the ground to be honest, newy should get a team
I would love to see a newy club but not if they play at Turton rd

q-money
12-12-2013, 11:41 AM
number 2 makes more sense. nhru pretty much has the run of the place, why hemorrhage money to hunter venues when they can do whatever they want there.

plague
12-12-2013, 01:21 PM
Swear I just saw Bernado Riberio down at the Junction.

Premy
12-12-2013, 01:44 PM
number 2 makes more sense. nhru pretty much has the run of the place, why hemorrhage money to hunter venues when they can do whatever they want there.

Could be in HSG hands soon.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1959202/hunter-stadium-lease-negotiated/

Pico
12-12-2013, 03:23 PM
Could be in HSG hands soon.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1959202/hunter-stadium-lease-negotiated/

That just a lease agreement, for use of the ground, not management rights.

belchardo
12-12-2013, 04:15 PM
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/soccer/kevin-muscat-named-footballs-dirtiest-player-20131212-2z8r4.html

the whole world thinks muscat was a dog player.

Zico
12-12-2013, 05:04 PM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1966951/video-herald-half-time/?cs=306 Good to see the Herald doing this.

Stephen McTowelie
13-12-2013, 12:47 PM
A little off the subject but I'm guessing that they are all mariners supporters

http://mobile.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/the-case-of-incest-and-depravity-which-came-to-rest-in-the-hills-of-a-quiet-country-town/story-fnixwvgh-1226780575248

Stephen McTowelie
13-12-2013, 12:50 PM
A little off the subject, but they think this is bad. I'd like to see the Marinators all DNA tested, then we'd see some real travesties

http://mobile.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/the-case-of-incest-and-depravity-which-came-to-rest-in-the-hills-of-a-quiet-country-town/story-fnixwvgh-1226780575248

Grimario
13-12-2013, 02:49 PM
http://sportsbusinessinsider.com.au/news/sport/football/football-meat-pies-kangaroos-and-twitter-followers/

Are the Newcastle Jets fudging their Twitter figures? Writing in the latest edition of Inside Sport, Ramy Haidar notes that the Jets’ grew their Twitter following from 3,900 to 30,577 in the space of one year, with 8,303 followers jumping on in just one day.

Swifts
13-12-2013, 03:03 PM
Newcastle Jets - 31,475
Newcastle Knights - 16,500

Melbourne Victory - 24,000
Sydney FC - 30,700
Central Coast - 8,865
Western Sydney - 14,000
Adelaide - 10,000
Perth - 10,500
Brisbane - 13,800
Wellington - 9,887
Melbourne Heart - 13,700

So we apparently have the most followers in the A-League, and twice as many as the Knights. Doesn't sound right.

Collingwood - 53,200
Hawthorn - 37,800

South Sydney - 33,600
Brisbane Broncos - 35,700

Barca - 10,100,000

I noticed this a while ago and thought it was strange.

Premy
13-12-2013, 03:14 PM
I noticed this a while ago and thought it was strange.

I'm not to surprise that we would have more than the knougts. What I'am surprised at is there is 16,000 league supporters in Newcastle that can use the Internet

Premy
13-12-2013, 03:19 PM
with 8,303 followers jumping on in just one day.
Wouldn't happen to be the same day we signed Heskey would it??

joel31
13-12-2013, 03:24 PM
I looked it up and its only 18 000

MFKS
13-12-2013, 04:06 PM
THE Jets will seek more strike power in the front third in the transfer window, following the season-ending injury to Scott Neville.

The right back ruptured the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee in the 26th minute on Sunday’s 2-1 win over Melbourne Victory at AAMI Park and will undergo reconstructive surgery.

That has opened the door for a injury waiver replacement, but Jets coach Gary van Egmond is not eyeing off defensive cover.

‘‘We have Jacob Pepper who can play there obviously and do the job,’’ van Egmond said.

‘‘Sam Gallaway is predominantly right-footed, so he’s another one. Joshy Brillante, there’s moving him out from the midfield, but I’m a little cautious about that.

‘‘Ruben [Zadkovich] can play there, so we have a few options for a fullback.

‘‘I think we still need to ensure that we have enough depth in that front third to ensure we have opportunities to be scoring goals.

‘‘That for me is where we’d look, rather than the defensive side of things.’’

Meanwhile, van Egmond has encouraged his team to show the rest of the A-League they are a ‘‘serious football team’’ by beating last season’s minor premiers, West Sydney Wanderers, at Hunter Stadium tomorrow night.

The Jets are third on 15 points and will leapfrog the Wanderers (16) into second place with a victory.

It would complete a dramatic turnaround for the Jets, who failed to score a goal until round four and had their first victory in round five.

Three wins against strugglers Adelaide (2-1), a weakened Brisbane (2-1) and win-less Melbourne Heart (3-1) propelled the Jets up the ladder.

But it was last Sunday’s win over the a heavyweight Victory side that has grabbed the league’s attention.

‘‘We’re at home and if you want to be a serious football team this year we need to win this weekend and you need to beat a team like the Wanderers to show you’re fair dinkum,’’ van Egmond said.

‘‘I think it’s going to be a very tight game, both sides don’t like to give too much away.
See your ad here

‘‘Both teams are pretty mobile and work hard.’’

Van Egmond is likely to field a similar side to last Sunday, with the only change Pepper to start right back for Neville.

Sign this bloke

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2012/04/24/1226336/896799-joel-griffiths.jpg

13-12-2013, 04:25 PM
Song

Tommyjet
13-12-2013, 04:27 PM
Song

This

plague
13-12-2013, 04:33 PM
More strike power?
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/2010+11+League+Headshots+Newcastle+Jets+8Obrtl8Ku1 em.jpg
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Sasho+Petrovski+pUg-gxKuwscm.jpg
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Sasho+Petrovski+5YMVxepiUiim.jpg

Make it happen Middleby.

Premy
14-12-2013, 09:58 AM
This bloke

http://m.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/shinji-onos-resurgence-sparks-interest-in-aleague-for-japan-star-naohiro-takahara-20131211-2z6g6.html

Sticca said Takahara, despite being one of Asia's most famous players, would not seek marquee status. ''Put it this way, whoever is interested in him would be able to get him easily inside the cap,'' he said. ''It's pretty rare to have a player of this quality who could be gained for what he's asking.''

joel31
14-12-2013, 10:00 AM
would be a good signing but knowing us
no chance

Premy
16-12-2013, 01:48 PM
Actually nicely surprised the herald ran this story kudos for them telling it from our perspective.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1974142/police-criticised-after-soccer-arrests-poll-video/?cs=303
There is a poll with this story asking if Soccer fans behavior is worst than Rugby League fans. Go a vote every one its not hard

q-money
16-12-2013, 01:55 PM
herald comments, ffs

the idiots out in force i see, as the police can never possibly do anything wrong

i love the comment that the officers would be nervous - gee whiz, these are heavily armed, fully trained professionals and they're nervous going up against some teenage nerds in jet shaped hats. i fear for the safety of the general population.

deadset shambles, what happened to the regular liaison cops that run bay 2 normally?

Bon
16-12-2013, 01:58 PM
herald comments, ffs

Yeah thats what I am more concered about, the majority of idiots commenting..

russjaybee
16-12-2013, 02:51 PM
ffs everyone vote old mate Reality Check's comment to the top where he cites Crusty Demons and other codes as being more violent.

Rofl at some of the completely unfounded comments on there, people that clearly did not witness anything that happened but know exactly what went down. Not worth the time of day.

Beeen
16-12-2013, 10:21 PM
Eddy Bosnar has been signed by an A-league side source - SST

MFKS
16-12-2013, 11:22 PM
Can someone explain to me why the scuffle in Bay 2 on Saturday night is all over the news???

Why are people bringing a nothing event to light to be news??

What in ducks name are they hoping to achieve bagging the local police in the paper??

Blackmac79
17-12-2013, 12:46 AM
Accountability for a almighty cock up on their behalf.

Now got to the front page and read the squadron statement.

goaliepersempre
17-12-2013, 01:34 AM
That if not dealt with, will cause more havoc at the next game. Nip things in the bud early before people take control and something bigger happens...

Jeterpool
17-12-2013, 09:01 AM
Eddy Bosnar has been signed by an A-league side source - SST

I hope it's us.

Who else could fit him?

Bon
17-12-2013, 09:04 AM
I hope it's us.

Who else could fit him?

Would be great for us!!
No doubt it will be Shitney, magically fitting him in under the cap..

pv4
17-12-2013, 09:19 AM
Who else could fit him?

Adelaide

leftrightout
17-12-2013, 10:40 AM
I hope it's us.

Who else could fit him?

perth is my guess...

q-money
17-12-2013, 10:42 AM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1976066/letter-jets-fans-left-in-disgust/?cs=308

I WENT to the Newcastle Jets game on Saturday night.

Our family are season ticket-holders and have been going to National League games since the times of KB United.

I was contacted a few days before the game – as our seats are in bay 9 – and offered the chance to move to bay 4. The ticketing people assured us that the active visiting spectators would be in the bay next to us, so we elected to keep our seats and put up with the friendly banter.

On arriving at the ground, our seats were already occupied by the Western Sydney horde, so we sat on the other side of the field.

It seemed that visiting fans were allowed to block walkways and stairways, smoke in the back area of the western grandstand, and let off flares, initially with no consequences.

And yet one woman and her two children, who were Jets supporters, were asked to move as they were blocking the path.

We left in disgust at half-time and have vowed never to renew our memberships.

We were not the only Jets supporters to do this.

The visiting fans seemed to be able to do whatever they wanted, without consequences. Many did not even seem to be watching the game. I’m all for good support for a game I enjoy watching but I won’t be made to feel like a person who has less rights than visiting supporters.

If this is the fan base of the future, then Foxtel is where I will be watching future games.
seeing a pattern, here, management?

belchardo
17-12-2013, 10:43 AM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1976823/ex-soccer-star-danny-burt-arrested-at-jets-match/?cs=306

BATTERED and bruised, Danny Burt claims the violence at Hunter Stadium on Saturday night could have been easily avoided.

A former state and national soccer league player himself, Mr Burt was arrested after a grandstand clash involving opposing fans and police towards the end of the Newcastle Jets’ match against the Western Sydney Wanderers.

Mr Burt and his 17-year-old son, Hayden, were watching the game in the same bay as the boisterous Jets supporter group known as the Squadron. He had been particularly looking forward to the fixture because of “the atmosphere” created by Western Sydney Warriors fans who travel en masse under the banner of the Red and Black Bloc.

Mr Burt, pictured, said trouble started when a few Warriors fans, buoyed by the 1-0 scoreline in their favour, entered the area and started taunting Jets fans.

The 41-year-old said he initially ignored what he alleges was their swearing and rude gestures, but wondered why police or security staff had not moved them on.

“Three or four rotten apples came in – they should have been shown the door but they were there for about 10 minutes,” Mr Burt, sporting a gash over his left eye, said from his Woodberry home last night.

“After ignoring it for quite a while I got up and talked to the leader of them.

“The next thing I know someone shoved me in the back and I spilt my beer.’’

That’s allegedly when shoving turned to more.

Newcastle City local area commander Superintendent John Gralton said yesterday ‘‘the crowd became very aggressive and hostile.’’

Mr Burt alleges he was hit by a police officer. He denies accusations that he punched a officer and repeatedly struck a fellow supporter.

He has been charged with assaulting police and behaving in an offensive manner.

Several officers were involved in the arrest, with Mr Burt ending up on the ground between seats before being put in handcuffs.

Police say they acted ‘‘pretty reasonably’’.

Mr Burt said he was passionate but ‘‘not a thug’’.

He claimed the situation would never have erupted if authorities had acted quicker in removing the Western Sydney intruders: “I just want to reiterate that if [the police and security] were doing their job none of this would have happened.’’

Mr Burt played 63 national league games in stints with Canberra Cosmos and Sydney United in three seasons between 1998 and 2001.

The defender, who was still playing at a state level last year, captained Northern NSW State League club Lake Macquarie to a grand final win over Edgeworth in 2006.

good to see the overseas sub-editing isn't affecting the heralds high standards.

q-money
17-12-2013, 10:47 AM
and the cops talking about handing out bans for a situation they failed to control, fmd

support your fans, middleby

Pico
17-12-2013, 11:02 AM
hang on that can't be right q, here's the official line from the cops below, RBB did no wrong, nice bunch of blokes, squadron really should try and be more like them....

Police deny excessive force at Jets game: video
By MATT CARR
Dec. 16, 2013, 11 p.m

POLICE have rejected allegations by Newcastle Jets supporters that officers used excessive force to deal with unrest at Hunter Stadium on Saturday night and are talking with soccer authorities about possible sanctions.

The Newcastle Herald reported yesterday that some fans were outraged with police and security during the Jets match against Western Sydney Wanderers.

They accused them of being heavy-handed after three Wanderers fans breached the Squadron’s supporter base towards the end of the match.

Newcastle City local area commander Superintendent John Gralton said police responded to the situation and removed the intruders.

‘‘The crowd became very aggressive and hostile,’’ Superintendent Gralton said.

‘‘We had more problems with the Jets supporters than the Western Sydney supporters.’’

Superintendent Gralton said the Jets fans’ hostility culminated in a man allegedly punching another fan in the head three times.

He then allegedly punched a police officer in the head when they moved in to arrest him.

Police first reported the alleged offender as a Western Sydney fan but have since alleged the initial altercation was between two Jets fans.

Former soccer player Danny Burt was charged with assaulting police and behaving in an offensive manner.

He is due to face Newcastle Local Court in January.

Superintendent Gralton supported the way his officers dealt with the trouble but admitted they had to use force to move people away.

‘‘We were trying to prevent a blue,’’ he said.

‘‘I think it was a pretty reasonable reaction because they [the police] can’t put up with that behaviour.

‘‘Police are not punching bags.

‘‘They are not there to be assaulted, they’re there to protect people. We don’t want these people in the grounds and we’ll be talking with the FFA [Football Federation Australia] about banning notices for the troublemakers.’’

Throughout Saturday night at the stadium police handed out three offensive conduct notices for urinating on the street and four eviction notices for intoxication.

Two arrests were made within the Squadron’s bay No.2.

The second arrest was after a 21-year-old man allegedly grabbed the groin of a police officer.

He was charged with assault and will also appear in court next month.

‘‘Out of a crowd of 16,000 we were pleased,’’ Superintendent Gralton said.

‘‘On the whole the crowd was fantastic, but we were appalled at the behaviour of people in that area.

‘‘We don’t want these things going on and it’s the worst case scenario for us.’’

The Squadron released a statement yesterday saying they were under ‘‘no illusions’’ the incident could have been avoided if Western Sydney fans hadn’t been allowed to enter their bay.

But they refused to make further comment about earlier member allegations of excessive police force until they had met with the club, police and security personnel.

‘‘The Squadron FSC condemns all violence involving police, security, opposition and other Jets fans,’’ the statement read.

‘‘We believe that violence has no place in football, just as it has no place in wider society.’’

The Newcastle Jets released a statement saying they were still waiting for a report from Hunter Venues, who control policing and security at Hunter Stadium, and would not make any further comment.

www.theherald.com.au/story/1975673/police-deny-excessive-force-at-jets-game-video/?cs=305

MFKS
17-12-2013, 11:03 AM
Accountability for a almighty cock up on their behalf.

Now got to the front page and read the squadron statement.

Accountability can be reached via other methods. Playing this game in the media and in the public domain is the issue I have.

When they start doing things like scanning your tickets to enter a bay, body searches and whatever else they can think of to infringe our personal freedoms I suppose I can thank you??

This issue could be and should be played out behind closed doors.

You have given every tom dick and harry the opportunity to slag our game our club and Bay 2 and brought to light a situation that will discourage people from going to the games

Pico
17-12-2013, 11:05 AM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1976823/ex-soccer-star-danny-burt-arrested-at-jets-match/?cs=306

good to see the overseas sub-editing isn't affecting the heralds high standards.

Seems like an accurate description to me.... :tongue:

q-money
17-12-2013, 11:17 AM
Accountability can be reached via other methods. Playing this game in the media and in the public domain is the issue I have.

When they start doing things like scanning your tickets to enter a bay, body searches and whatever else they can think of to infringe our personal freedoms I suppose I can thank you??

This issue could be and should be played out behind closed doors.

You have given every tom dick and harry the opportunity to slag our game our club and Bay 2 and brought to light a situation that will discourage people from going to the games
the situation was already brought to light, mfks - you could see it plain as day on the telly and at the ground so i hear, so to ostrich it and think it will go away is pretty naive.

there was a failure by the police to act on the rules which they, e-group and the FFA have sought to enforce which directly led to this situation.

to blame the fans is a cop-out.

leftrightout
17-12-2013, 11:32 AM
there was a failure by the police......
.......to blame the fans is a cop-out.

Gotta love an unintended pun!

q-money
17-12-2013, 11:45 AM
who said it was unintended

militiamon
17-12-2013, 12:06 PM
MFKS, I understand what you're saying and I would agree with you under different circumstances, but it is exactly like q said.
It was already becoming a story. Better to have our say and get our version of events in (which we were 100% outraged by on Saturday night) than let the vultures who weren't there make up their own.

The way security and policing is handled at these kinds of events in this country is utterly retarded. I mean, why do we even need riot police? When was the last time a riot broke out at a football match (or anywhere for that matter)?
When you deploy this kind of excessive force you can expect an excessive response.

This is pretty much exactly what I was saying the other day. We should have been telling them to **** off, not opening our legs for them. At the end of the day there were 3,000 of them but still 12,000 of us who are there every week.

MFKS
17-12-2013, 12:34 PM
the situation was already brought to light, mfks - you could see it plain as day on the telly and at the ground so i hear, so to ostrich it and think it will go away is pretty naive.

there was a failure by the police to act on the rules which they, e-group and the FFA have sought to enforce which directly led to this situation.

to blame the fans is a cop-out.

The situation is a nothing scuffle where the police arrested a couple of people. Grand scheme of things it is minor and happens 1000 times a year at sporting contests in this country.

So why the need to inflame the situation by slagging the local police in the paper??

This is a poorly thought out campaign you are on and the really loser here will be us football fans long term

q-money
17-12-2013, 12:51 PM
when it's your head in the concrete after a "nothing scuffle" that didn't have to happen in the first place you'll be glad someone said something.

MFKS
17-12-2013, 01:01 PM
when it's your head in the concrete after a "nothing scuffle" that didn't have to happen in the first place you'll be glad someone said something.

Umm yes I agree the security and policing in general is piss poor at football games and needs to improve

Yes I agree the security have ****ed up allowing WSW into bay 2

I just don't understand what one would hope to gain slagging the police in the public domain over this matter. Sure raise your concerns but raise them in a civil way with HSG/Police/Security etc

I just can't see the end result of this nothing scuffle and the whining about it being good for any of us

Blackmac79
17-12-2013, 01:09 PM
In a civil way?

Like when we suggested the Wanderers fans be forced en-mass through the northern gates to prevent them passing by the majority of Jetsfans leaving through the southern gates?

Or like when we asked for security to be placed at the top of the stairs to prevent wanderers fans entering the bay?

or like when we said that they should be held back for 20minutes to decrease numbers of people on the streets at the same time?

You want to know what the police said to that when we asked in a civil way?

Superdylan
17-12-2013, 01:15 PM

Gees some of our fans are clueless to active support :sigh:

MFKS
17-12-2013, 01:35 PM
Whether or not you have suggested ideas that have been ignored by the police here that would have been useful here is not the issue. This isn't the time for finger pointing and claiming the moral high ground in a petulant we was right you was wrong manner.

The outcome here is what you are after. You have chosen to address this matter in a manner that will not see a favourable outcome for you.
The Police will not come out Publicly and say they were in the wrong and neither will the Security company involved. You had the moral high ground to start with and have taken to this issue in the wrong manner

Opinion from the masses of uninformed idiots is running against you and in favour of the police. When you are so much in the "right" about this issue you have balls it up to get to where things are.

Mitchy
17-12-2013, 01:39 PM
Q-man on the spot

About time some select few they know who they are stop sucking up the managements ass, fight for your own fans not for a good little image, ffs

q-money
17-12-2013, 01:58 PM
were the local cops in charge, or was it the public order and riot squad?

why is it we have no trouble when the locals run the show, yet everything kicks off when the NSW Goon Brigade are in town?

hawk
17-12-2013, 02:10 PM
I didnt see the overall wearing types^

Still douches saying how the crowd deserved it in the paper. Peeps have no idea.

hawk
17-12-2013, 02:15 PM
Opinion from the masses of uninformed idiots is running against you and in favour of the police.

correct.

A win v Brisbane would be a great follow up headline

hawk
17-12-2013, 02:27 PM
In a civil way?

Like when we suggested the Wanderers fans be forced en-mass through the northern gates to prevent them passing by the majority of Jetsfans leaving through the southern gates?

Or like when we asked for security to be placed at the top of the stairs to prevent wanderers fans entering the bay?

or like when we said that they should be held back for 20minutes to decrease numbers of people on the streets at the same time?

You want to know what the police said to that when we asked in a civil way?

Or like our loyal supporters get moved or insulted because we let to many away grubs in. Great way to lose the tickets holders. Limit away to 2 bays or do what the government does & spread them out around the stadium.

The Dunster
17-12-2013, 02:59 PM
I have never been a fan of the way the Wanderers play, of their players, or their fans. In fact, I'd rate them on a par with the Mariners. And given who's running the show at the Wanderers it's no suprise.

My2BobsWorth
17-12-2013, 05:23 PM
Didn't see a thing, didn't even know it happened. Why didn't someone ask security to remove the feral carnts from the active area. Totally support excessive force from our brothers in blue

weston
17-12-2013, 07:33 PM
Seems like all the fuss with the squadron incident would of been avoided if the 3 wanderer's fans were not allowed in the bay. Its clear that the security need to do a better job of keeping opposing fans out of the area.

When i went to watch the Jets in brisbane last year, my uncle told me i wasn't allowed in the den with my Jets shirt on as it's not allowed. I ended up watching from up behind the squadron. Anyway i think i remember the den having wristbands so if you didn't have a wristband you weren't allowed in. If you wore oppositon jerseys you were not allowed in. You had to have Brisbane Roar shirts on or plain clothes and the wristband otherwise you were not allowed entry.

Maybe the club/security/squadron might want to look at something similar. No it's not going to stop an opposing fan wearing plain clothes, obtaining a wrist band and walking into the squadron but it's a base to work off or at least, an idea of what other groups do.

Maybe there needs to be a strong warning across the board that if you are in a teams acive support bay, and it is proved you are not a supported of that team than some kind of a harsh penalty should come with it? Not sure how hard that would be to put into practice.

I don't know what the arrangement are between the club/security/squadron at the moment so i don't know if any of what i have said has alread been discussed or anything. Just an idea.

hawk
17-12-2013, 08:30 PM
I don't know what the arrangement are between the club/security/squadron at the moment so i don't know if any of what i have said has alread been discussed or anything. Just an idea.

Not a bad idea. But the controlling authority have to ENFORCE or DO THEIR JOB which is not gonna happen.
Police accepted the excuse of them going in to talk to mates. Cant believe the cops dont know that its wrong. We all know you cant go into any bay without the correct ticket. The bogans in the paper dont get it either. We'll see what the next meetings bring.

Next: Lets not conceded more than 2 v qld crushers

plague
17-12-2013, 08:54 PM
In a civil way?

Like when we suggested the Wanderers fans...........

Ahem, it's 'Warriors' fans.

Also, who was filming it? Shit job.
Everyone knows you're supposed to shout "WORLDSTAR" over and over whenever you tape these things.

Amateurs.

Jeterpool
17-12-2013, 09:41 PM
Edwards sacked by Glory. Kenny Lowe interim replacement.

Player power wins.

Think I'll be taking the Edwards boys outta my fantasy teams - they won't be getting a run again this season

belchardo
17-12-2013, 10:25 PM
Burns. Grub on the field, grub off the field.

weston
17-12-2013, 10:51 PM
Think I'll be taking the Edwards boys outta my fantasy teams - they won't be getting a run again this season

I would say they may not be at Perth come end of the transfer window.

17-12-2013, 10:56 PM
Bloody hopeless anyway those two boys and Maclaren is not far behind them, very over rated.

militiamon
17-12-2013, 10:56 PM
How the fxxk does Aloisi still have a job? :rof:

pv4
17-12-2013, 11:16 PM
I would say they may not be at Perth come end of the transfer window.

Ryan is on loan from Fulham iirc. Unless they want to recall him, there's no need for him to move. He's also really quality.

Cameron on the other hand, can't see him lasting too long.

pv4
17-12-2013, 11:17 PM
How the fxxk does GVE still have a job? :rof:

Ftfy

weston
17-12-2013, 11:34 PM
Ryan is on loan from Fulham iirc. Unless they want to recall him, there's no need for him to move. He's also really quality.

Cameron on the other hand, can't see him lasting too long.

Haven't really seen any of them play to be honest. I'm just assuming they'll think their dad was hard done by so will refuse to play for club, so why stick around, loan or not? May not be the case but who knows.

seldom
18-12-2013, 01:32 AM
was always gunna end bad

smoo
18-12-2013, 07:24 AM
were the local cops in charge, or was it the public order and riot squad?

why is it we have no trouble when the locals run the show, yet everything kicks off when the NSW Goon Brigade are in town?

Both local police and members of the Sydney based Public Order and Riot Squad appeared to be in attendance. As the operation was located in the Waratah Local Area Command, local police would have had authority. PORS would have provided logistical and personnel support only generally.

Jetmaster
18-12-2013, 09:16 AM
Unusually, I cross the floor and join the Member here. This is something that happens all the time at sporting events and probably happened at the cricket at the same time. The offenders are dealt with and we move on. Alcohol at sport causes problems sometimes and it is why we get gnats piss served at the stadium.

The Herald have a current strategy (that the bogans love) of having someone air their personal gripe in the paper (rather than formal channels) either looking for sympathy or tendering blame so that someone, somewhere pays for the gross injustice done to them. A survey is then attached just to inflame passions more and they are usually swamped by keyboard warriors in the comments section. Have a look at the last few weeks on the website and you will see that you have been reeled in as well. Everybody that falls for this ends up being attacked vigorously by the bogan readership.

Security made a mistake, yes. But to post video and blame the police in the media appears to have caused more damage than staying silent and responding on Monday directly to the formal police channels and the club - IMHO.

Guerny
18-12-2013, 10:11 AM
How is anyone justifying any of this? Sure security stuffs up... But then ignore the WSW tools... Or leave the police to do their jobs... When does hitting or going the grope on a copper become something everyone is OK to beat their chests about?

furns
18-12-2013, 10:55 AM
OK everyone, I believe that this topic has been done to death in the last few days especially.
The Squadron FSC committee has a meeting tomorrow with the club, police and (hopefully) E-Group to raise everything that occurred. We will advise the outcomes of this meeting in due course.

We also need to ensure we dont get in any trouble with people posting details about ongoing legal proceedings, so any further discussions will be deleted.

russjaybee
18-12-2013, 11:53 AM
Edit: damn it there goes my big rant.

hawk
18-12-2013, 12:07 PM
Had a chat with Hesk the ova day. We sat by the corner flag and all was gud.

Jeterpool
18-12-2013, 01:17 PM
Had a chat with Hesk the ova day. We sat by the corner flag and all was gud.

Did you tell him to bring out the DJ moves if he scores a goal this season? I saw him in some old footage doing this and thought "he's gotta bring that back"

belchardo
19-12-2013, 09:20 AM
A-League is unstoppable: GallopFootball Federation Australia boss David Gallop has a warning for other sporting codes who attempt to take the spotlight off the A-League this summer – we’re unstoppable.

The A-League will commence its traditionally intense holiday schedule on Thursday night with the Central Coast versus Wellington match at North Sydney Oval kicking off a period of 16 games in 17 days.

There’ll be fixtures on Boxing Day (Sydney FC v Brisbane Roar), New Year’s Eve (Central Coast v Perth Glory) and New Year’s Day (Western Sydney Wanderers v Wellington Phoenix).

The Melbourne derby on Saturday night and the Melbourne Victory versus Western Sydney Wanderers clash on December 28 are expected to draw the biggest crowds.

But while the third edition of cricket’s Twenty20 Big Bash League starts on Friday, Gallop said he wasn’t at all concerned it would lure cricket fans away from football.

“We’re unstoppable in Australian sport and the next 17 days gives us another opportunity to demonstrate that,” he said as he launched the Summer of Football alongside stars Alessandro Del Piero and Shinji Ono at Bondi Beach on Wednesday.

“I think the proper cricket kind of ended yesterday with the Ashes being decided.

“So we’re really confident that the seriousness of the A-League, that battle for the six spots is going to command attention over this holiday period.”

Gallop said both crowd figures and television ratings were ahead of what they were this time last season.

But while attendance numbers have experienced a dip in the last few weeks from the record opening-round figures, he was confident they would spike again over the holiday period.

“We obviously went into the start of the season with an emphasis on some big match-ups and then we went into an inevitable period where we didn’t quite have those games every week,” he said.

“But now with the summer of football… I think you’ll see our crowds are going to be boomers over the next few weeks.”

A major factor in drawing crowds is the marquee players.

Sydney FC skipper Del Piero has so far missed two games with injury and was taken off in last week’s win over Melbourne Heart with tightness in his lower back.

With Sydney to play three games in 13 days beginning with their clash away to Wellington on Sunday, concerns surround the Italian veteran’s fitness.

Asked how many minutes he through he could manage in the three games, he said laughing: “270?.

“I really don’t know.

“The focus is on Sunday for me and for the team and that’s the best thing to do.

“A lot of us play all of the games so there’ll probably be someone who needs time for recovery, I don’t know. But this is trouble for (coach) Frank (Farina) not for me.

:sparring:

http://www.theroar.com.au/2013/12/19/a-league-is-unstoppable-warns-gallop/

the caption of the photo of gallop on the website has "Former NRL Chief Executive David Gallop". unbelievable.

q-money
19-12-2013, 09:43 AM
nick ward lmao

Grimario
19-12-2013, 11:31 AM
:sparring:

http://www.theroar.com.au/2013/12/19/a-league-is-unstoppable-warns-gallop/

the caption of the photo of gallop on the website has "Former NRL Chief Executive David Gallop". unbelievable.
I gave them shit on twitter... and they fixed it. Blamed it being a stock "legacy caption" or something.

scarfy96
19-12-2013, 11:32 AM
Hunter Ports Newcastle Jets defender Scott Neville has signed a two-year contract extension with the Club, keeping him at Newcastle until the end of the 2015/16 Hyundai A-League season.

The 24-year-old right-back has made 27 Hyundai A-League appearances for the Jets since joining the Club from Perth Glory last season.

Neville said there were a number of factors behind his decision to remain in Newcastle.

“I’m really enjoying my time here in Newcastle,” Neville said.

“Everything from the city itself to the football, the fans and playing under Gary and the coaching staff here.

“I think we’ve got something special going on here with so many talented young players coming through at the same time and a few more experienced older players who are giving them good habits and teaching them well.

“It’s a great place to be at the moment and I’m really looking forward to the next two seasons with the Jets.”

Neville was a standout for the Jets over the course of the first eight rounds of the 2013/14 campaign, but will be sidelined for the remainder of the season after tearing his anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) against Melbourne Victory in Round 9.

The former Olyroo said it was gratifying the Jets had opted to retain his services after sustaining a long-term injury.

“I’ve been in talks with the Jets for a little while now and I’m very grateful the Club has decided to show that kind of faith in me,” Neville said.

“I’m already looking forward to pre-season next year so I can start playing games again, but in the meantime I’m just making sure I do all the right things with my rehab so I can get back to full fitness as soon as possible.

“It’s a bit of a drainer that I can’t play at the moment, but it’s good to know that the same players will still be at the Club when I get back to fitness and that’s a big bonus.”

Jets CEO Robbie Middleby said the Jets were extremely pleased that Neville had re-signed with the Club.

“Scott has been one of our best and most consistent performers in the early part of the season and is an integral part of our current squad,” Middleby said.

“We believe Scott’s best football is still ahead of him and we know he’ll only come back stronger from this injury because of his work ethic and the character he has.

“Scott is the type of player and the type of individual everyone wants at their Club, so to have secured his services for another two seasons is fantastic for the Jets.”

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Jets-resign-Neville/81139

Good to see the club backing him, had a great start to the season.

Blackmac79
19-12-2013, 12:00 PM
Hoole, Brilliante, and Chapman all gone through January as they were called up for the U-22 AFC Championships.

Jeterpool
19-12-2013, 12:19 PM
Hoole, Brilliante, and Chapman all gone through January as they were called up for the U-22 AFC Championships.

That makes the negotiations with Burns even more critical.

Or Ryu, Bosnar's and Ljubos availability more interesting.

MFKS
19-12-2013, 12:33 PM

So how did Taggz miss out???

Imyourhero
19-12-2013, 12:48 PM
Could say Kanta should have been given a shot too

Jeterpool
19-12-2013, 12:48 PM
So how did Taggz miss out???

Shhhhhhhhh!

pv4
19-12-2013, 01:46 PM

Too old

Can only use 1993 babies

Blackmac79
19-12-2013, 02:07 PM
I think they are only allowed a maximum of 3 players from any individual club.

Chapman will be captain.

Brillante and Hoole to run the midfield.

pv4
19-12-2013, 02:12 PM
MV have four players in there though.

Taggz is the only glaringly obvious omission from our squad.

Grimario
19-12-2013, 02:13 PM
I think they are only allowed a maximum of 3 players from any individual club.

Chapman will be captain.

Brillante and Hoole to run the midfield.
They have 4 from Victory, so that can't be the case. Taggart clearly not as good as McLaren, Tombides, Pain, Yeboah, Skapetis or Ikonomidis.

MFKS
19-12-2013, 02:20 PM
MV have four players in there though.

Taggz is the only glaringly obvious omission from our squad.

As the bloke is well up there on the HAL goal scorers charts, playing very well and was also involved in the recent Young Socceroos 20's World Cup on face value it is a baffling decision.

Maybe the powers that be want him to continue playing HAL rather than this mickey mouse tournament as they are looking at him for Brazil WC selection??

Jetmaster
19-12-2013, 02:50 PM
Selectors overlook the Smurfs so they will not be impacted, by decree of their overlord...

Actually, do they have anyone in that age group ?

parksey
19-12-2013, 03:07 PM
well, on current form, we're not really gonna miss hoole.

Imyourhero
19-12-2013, 03:22 PM
As the bloke is well up there on the HAL goal scorers charts, playing very well and was also involved in the recent Young Socceroos 20's World Cup on face value it is a baffling decision.

Maybe the powers that be want him to continue playing HAL rather than this mickey mouse tournament as they are looking at him for Brazil WC selection??

Would love for this to be the case. Still needs to improve alot, has gone missing for large chunks of game last few matches.

pv4
19-12-2013, 03:39 PM
Selectors overlook the Smurfs so they will not be impacted, by decree of their overlord...

Actually, do they have anyone in that age group ?

Antonis. Who I personally don't really rate, but I know a lot of people do.

No CCM or WSW players.

lquiquer
19-12-2013, 03:43 PM
No CCM or WSW players.

^ + SFC Protected Species like the pygme possum at blue cow

pv4
19-12-2013, 03:57 PM
^ + SFC Protected Species like the pygme possum at blue cow

If anyone genuinely believes SFC, WSW or CCM have been protected in this case, tell us players from those clubs who are young & good enough to knock out anyone in that squad.

Jeterpool
19-12-2013, 04:08 PM
If anyone genuinely believes SFC, WSW or CCM have been protected in this case, tell us players from those clubs who are young & good enough to knock out anyone in that squad.

How old is Mitch Duke, Anderson and Sainsbury?

lquiquer
19-12-2013, 04:26 PM
^ none would qualified. All over 22 or about to turn 22!!!....Same at WSW and SFC except Antonis ...... so fair call PV4