Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Zico
29-01-2013, 03:07 PM
Been told rubens resigning, jobes off too heart. Should be anounced next week
great news on both counts.

Jetmaster
29-01-2013, 03:08 PM

As I mentioned the other day, expect the captaincy to be the cornerstone of that signing and Jobe leaving.

I've been told a three year deal for Rubes.

Blackmac79
29-01-2013, 03:13 PM
sad days.

althought stoked about rubz.

sammydog
29-01-2013, 03:33 PM
The curse of my kids strikes again.

Every player last season they had their photo taken with ended up leaving. Just last week they had their photo taken with Jobe.

Thankfully the camera (or more likely photographer) stuffed up when getting a photo with Heskey.

lquiquer
29-01-2013, 03:38 PM

Jobe going next week or next year to heart?

coastiehater
29-01-2013, 04:06 PM
The curse of my kids strikes again.

Every player last season they had their photo taken with ended up leaving. Just last week they had their photo taken with Jobe.

Thankfully the camera (or more likely photographer) stuffed up when getting a photo with Heskey.

please leave your camera at home LOL

coastiehater
29-01-2013, 04:07 PM
better yet go get ur kids to have their photos taken with jesic, bridges and josh mitchell

parksey
29-01-2013, 04:11 PM
Heavy

Rocknerd
29-01-2013, 04:18 PM
Is it more curse of the Captaincy?

Ljubo, Thomo, Griff, Bridges (although he did come back)

seldom
29-01-2013, 04:47 PM
better yet go get ur kids to have their photos taken with jesic, bridges and josh mitchell

lol

cheflyf
29-01-2013, 05:12 PM
Not sure on that one. Next week it should be official about rubezzzz

29-01-2013, 05:37 PM

With Mitchell like yesterday, hurry up make it happen stop fart assing about ?.

WolfMan
29-01-2013, 06:19 PM

The grammar had me worried for a second. Then I realised you meant re-signing. Crisis averted!

Shame we have to lose Jobe though, he has really matured into a quality footballer IMHO.

Tommyjet
29-01-2013, 07:18 PM
The grammar had me worried for a second. Then I realised you meant re-signing. Crisis averted!

Shame we have to lose Jobe though, he has really matured into a quality footballer IMHO.

Absolute shite if we lose our best ball distributor and captain, especially if it means another dirt cheap option like stu replaces him, same old jets

MFKS
29-01-2013, 07:31 PM
Absolute shite if we lose our best ball distributor and captain, especially if it means another dirt cheap option like stu replaces him, same old jets

Poor Birraz will be devastated if Jobe goes. Bloke will be getting less back passes and will have to spend more time practicing this skill at training rather than the glutton of practice Jobe gives him during a game.

We may actually start playing a more up tempo game rather than the slow down tactics Jobe constantly employs to our tempo as he looks to pass backwards or sideways.:pissup:

As for the news on Zadko. Great:pissup::pissup::lulzturtle:

stopper2
29-01-2013, 08:03 PM
^^^
Won't miss a player who averages 13-14 games a season. Jobe is a decent player to have in your squad but not one that you can depend on to last a full season....been proven year after year.

Thomas477
29-01-2013, 09:08 PM

Tbh I don't care if Stu does sign, as long as Brillante keeps up his good form. Him and Zad, I'm very happy with.

hawk
29-01-2013, 10:00 PM
We may actually start playing a more up tempo game rather than the slow down tactics Jobe constantly employs

:

nar. tempo will be the same cept with another cheap noob who hasnt the balls of jobe.

northern_swan
29-01-2013, 11:15 PM
why all the lame excuses? wheres the comparison with gve? :sigh: It's a clear example his managing style is ineffective and a stupid idea.

It's not a lame excuse, it's a statement of fact. The comparison with GVE is clear. Kosmina was doing what he could with a bunch of part timers, and the expectations put on the squad are no where near what a hand picked squad with a marquee who's wage dwarfs the entire Breakers squad. GVEs tenure has been a failure of epic proportions, and as such he should be given the arse. The fact that Kosmina has shown that he is more than capable to manage at this level given his Achievements since leaving the Breakers, would suggest that his name should at least be discussed as a possible replacement.

Tl;dr: GVE out, Kosmina short listed.

30-01-2013, 12:02 AM
Go out on a limb here and predict if we don't make the finals GvE will be pushed sideways into an almost invisible role. Can't see the club wanting to go into next season risk a poor start and having to make the difficult decision in the first quarter of a new season. Very untidy.

seldom
30-01-2013, 12:20 AM
Go out on a limb here and predict if we don't make the finals GvE will be pushed sideways into an almost invisible role. Can't see the club wanting to go into next season risk a poor start and having to make the difficult decision in the first quarter of a new season. Very untidy.

aahh...the technical advisor role perhaps

furns
30-01-2013, 01:03 AM
All these people happy to get rid of Jobe, can you all cast your minds back to when he went out injured? How many games was it till we won again?

GazFish35
30-01-2013, 06:53 AM
Which time?

Raw Boned Youngster
30-01-2013, 08:01 AM
the Jets aren't about results, It appears as though they are more interested in assembling a squad of young players who can be sold over seas to make a few bucks. Egghead, with his ability to attract kids, is probably quite appealing too the hierarchy, regardless of the fact he is a complete muppet (in Warnie speak ).

Jeterpool
30-01-2013, 08:42 AM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1266756/jobe-at-crossroads-as-heart-call-again/?cs=306

Interesting article when considering yesterday's comments (sorry - don't know how to link article and make it all show up)

goaliepersempre
30-01-2013, 09:22 AM
Article there about griff too.

Grimario
30-01-2013, 12:21 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/future-news-galatasaray-admit-star-signings-attempt-more-094832851--sow.html

Following the unexpected signings of Wesley Sneijder and Didier Drogba, Galatasaray have admitted that their January transfer dealings have been heavily influenced by a desire to increase the club's popularity in the video game FIFA 13.
"We're in first place in the Super Lig and the knockout stages of the Champions League," said Galatasaray CEO Lutfu Aribogan, "So spending to improve the squad in the middle of the season wasn't an urgent need from a real-world standpoint. But all the kids are playing FIFA 13 with Barcelona, Chelsea, Manchester United and not Galatasaray. So we are trying to change this."
Selling more than 4.5 million copies worldwide in its first five days of release, FIFA 13 became the fastest selling sports video game of all time. The EA Sports title has become a major part of how young fans interact with the sport and develop valuable allegiances. A fact that is not lost on Galatasaray.
"It started when I asked my son Carlton, who is 13, why he always plays with Real Madrid and not Galatasaray," Aribogan admitted. "And he said, 'Dad, no one wants to be Milan Baros or Umut Bulut.' So we are acquiring players that the kids do want to be. Like Sneijder and Drogba. And maybe Emile Heskey next in an ironic sort of way."
But as excited as the club and their fans are about these signings, Aribogan makes it clear that their real-life performance isn't all that important.
"As I said, we're already in first place," Aribogan laughed. "They don't even have to play. But if their player ratings go down in the game, their contracts will be terminated immediately."

Pay us millions, please.

De-Champ
30-01-2013, 02:15 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/future-news-galatasaray-admit-star-signings-attempt-more-094832851--sow.html

Pay us millions, please.

why kids do not cost that much

stopper2
30-01-2013, 05:50 PM
All these people happy to get rid of Jobe, can you all cast your minds back to when he went out injured? How many games was it till we won again?
Those games we won early on in the season were won on the back of Heskey's goals, Birra's saves and a bit of luck thrown in.....Jobe had no influence on those results whatsoever!

MFKS
30-01-2013, 06:05 PM
Those games we won early on in the season were won on the back of Heskey's goals, Birra's saves and a bit of luck thrown in.....Jobe had no influence on those results whatsoever!

Since Jobe had his latest injury in December we lost 2 games before finding a win. Lost to gypos and Perth away before rolling Sydney. Although not ideal achievements losing in Perth is nothing to slice wrists about but losing to the gypos is disgraceful.

I also suggest our season has started to solidify a bit more since Jobes absence as we worked through the defensive **** ups in melburn and have come out stronger the other side. As soon as he came back on the field V Roar the slow tempo play started and the continual back passing returned.

Bloke will be no great loss in the grand scheme of things

Pico
30-01-2013, 06:13 PM
This might help to see the contribution from wheelhouse in the team. Select him from the list and then hit the distribution option, defense is telling too.

For comparison look at Brillante.....

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/aleague_chalkboard.aspx?season=2012&competition=214&match=453783

plague
30-01-2013, 06:26 PM
Well it looks like MFKS has now officially handed out his "Scapegoat of the year award" for the Jets player who is solely responsible for everything wrong with our team.

Did Tarek have to hand over the trophy to Jobe or did you get a new one made up?

MFKS
30-01-2013, 06:39 PM
Well it looks like MFKS has now officially handed out his "Scapegoat of the year award" for the Jets player who is solely responsible for everything wrong with our team.

Did Tarek have to hand over the trophy to Jobe or did you get a new one made up?

Thats not fair Plague

:sparring: Bridges is also a candidate in my eyes as would Kanta be if he actually played :sparring: :lol:

I just feel Jobe is an average player. I feel we need better in there. I feel we are better served at present with Brillante and Zads. These guys ain't world beaters either but they look to play forward much more than Jobe.

Jobe keeps possession well but most of his passes are backwards and sideways. Watch him and notice how often he declines the option to pass forward when offered and then dawdles on the ball slowing the tempo down and ends up having to pass backwards or sideways. This is killing our play. We need to get the ball to Griff/Brown/Goody?Chilli Heskey etc whenever possible as these blokes are the ones who will create/score goals. Having a bloke stopping the ball going to them at the first available opportunity is a ****ing crime

sh10
30-01-2013, 06:41 PM
Does Kanta Patafta even exist anymore?

Tommyjet
30-01-2013, 07:36 PM
Thats not fair Plague

:sparring: Bridges is also a candidate in my eyes as would Kanta be if he actually played :sparring: :lol:

I just feel Jobe is an average player. I feel we need better in there. I feel we are better served at present with Brillante and Zads. These guys ain't world beaters either but they look to play forward much more than Jobe.

Jobe keeps possession well but most of his passes are backwards and sideways. Watch him and notice how often he declines the option to pass forward when offered and then dawdles on the ball slowing the tempo down and ends up having to pass backwards or sideways. This is killing our play. We need to get the ball to Griff/Brown/Goody?Chilli Heskey etc whenever possible as these blokes are the ones who will create/score goals. Having a bloke stopping the ball going to them at the first available opportunity is a ****ing crime

Sorry bud all I can say is bullshit, your opinion of jobe in my eyes deserves no better comment

plague
30-01-2013, 08:06 PM
Thats not fair Plague

Haha, well played.

Newieutd
31-01-2013, 07:50 AM
Sorry bud all I can say is bullshit, your opinion of jobe in my eyes deserves no better comment

Go support the Heart - Jobe's waiting for you there

Jeterpool
31-01-2013, 09:30 AM
Robert Dillon dishing up some more spiteful rubbish against the Jets today.

The bloke loves inciting hate against the management team and does whatever he can to stick the knife in at ANY opportunity.

No wonder the Jets won't talk to them

Tommyjet
31-01-2013, 10:56 AM
Go support the Heart - Jobe's waiting for you there

Nah bud think ill keep enjoying the rollarcoaster ride that is jets regardless of whether our local leader is here or not, thanks

Oh and jobe=newy legend

lil_masi
31-01-2013, 01:27 PM
From the Herald:

THE Newcastle Jets are poised to make an announcement regarding the future of skipper Jobe Wheelhouse, fuelling speculation that he is leaving the club.

Wheelhouse is off-contract and the Jets have been reluctant to enter into negotiations to retain him.

The home-grown midfielder has attracted an offer to join Melbourne Heart for the rest of this season and next.

Jets coach Gary van Egmond refused to discuss Wheelhouse after training on Thursday.

There is also speculation that Wheelhouse may be about to retire, at the age of 27.

More reports as information becomes available.

Newieutd
31-01-2013, 01:27 PM
Oh and jobe=newy legend

this is not correct

q-money
31-01-2013, 01:43 PM
whatever m8

snake
31-01-2013, 01:46 PM
disc race

Jeterpool
31-01-2013, 01:54 PM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1270372/breaking-jets-to-announce-jobes-future/?cs=303

Wonder what it will be?

Off at season end?

Off to Heart now?

New contract signed?

Retire?

seldom
31-01-2013, 02:01 PM
Heartache

sammydog
31-01-2013, 02:16 PM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1270372/breaking-jets-to-announce-jobes-future/?cs=303

Wonder what it will be?

Off at season end?

Off to Heart now?

New contract signed?

Retire?

Surely he won't retire. I would rather see him kick on elsewhere if he is to leave the squad.

MFKS
31-01-2013, 02:20 PM
Rumour on Wheelhouse future

http://www.news.com.au/sport/football/newcastle-jets-captain-jobe-wheelhouse-expected-to-announce-he-is-joining-melbourne-heart/story-fndkzvnd-1226565864014

NEWCASTLE Jets are expected to announce this afternoon they have parted company with captain Jobe Wheelhouse.

A local boy who has played his entire career in Newcastle, Wheelhouse’s future at the A-League club has been the subject of considerable speculation over the past few weeks.

The Jets have maintained they would not release their skipper mid-season but at the same time, refused to say if he would be offered a new deal when his current contract expired.

The midfielder is expected to announce he is joining Melbourne Heart for the remainder of the season with the retirement of former Socceroo Vince Grella earlier this week creating an opening.

Jets coach Gary van Egmond refused to be drawn on Wheelhouse’s future after training this morning but confirmed a statement by the club would be issued this afternoon.

Tommyjet
31-01-2013, 02:28 PM
this is not correct
Is to me and the 50 odd jets fans I know personally, couldn't care less what u think

Newieutd
31-01-2013, 02:35 PM
Is to me and the 50 odd jets fans I know personally, couldn't care less what u think

Thankfully you 50 are not important...(im also not important)

I would like to add that i have been a great supporter of Jobe when it was the "in thing" to bag the $hit out of him...Im not keen on keeping someone on the books that is a constant injury concern

lquiquer
31-01-2013, 02:43 PM
Goooone. http://m.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastle-jets-news-display/article/Jets-and-Wheelhouse-part-ways/59627/5

BodyNovo
31-01-2013, 02:45 PM
****ing disgrace

seldom
31-01-2013, 02:47 PM

I would like to add that i have been a great supporter of Jobe when it was the "in thing" to bag the $hit out of him...Im not keen on keeping someone on the books that is a constant injury concern

yeah bring in someone else who doesn't like to tackle they should remain injury free

boz-monaut
31-01-2013, 02:48 PM
well, you've got to give it to Van Egmond, he really doesn't give a shit what anyone else thinks of him

parksey
31-01-2013, 02:51 PM
i think i need to go have a lie down

seldom
31-01-2013, 02:54 PM
just when you think this club couldn't sink any lower they shaft their local boy captain.Gallaway plays 1 decent game and gets a 2 year contract. This imposter they call the coach has a very short memory it seems.

BodyNovo
31-01-2013, 02:58 PM
BK the last bloke from the championship squad

terrible days.

Tommyjet
31-01-2013, 03:02 PM
this is not correct

So your not a bridgy fan than either

Tommyjet
31-01-2013, 03:06 PM
Interesting comments by jobe, sad to see him go, would rather see jets go for an experienced ball playing midfielder, would show more ambition than recycling stu from the local rehab

Jeterpool
31-01-2013, 03:15 PM
Football is a business I guess at the end of the day. But there are way's of doing business and there aren't.

Ok, moving him out is a football decision, but this wasn't the way to do it.

It's been played out in the public. The Jets haven't come out of it smelling like roses with the whole "captain and lcoal boy".

Jobe has really stepped up in the last few years. Shame to see him go.

If we are going to fil the spot, it better be an improvement on Jobe. If not, why let him go?

howardyou
31-01-2013, 03:43 PM
Jobe is an average A-League player. If we want to improve we need to sign better players than just average. I think Zenon has the potential to be much better but the Jury is still out on him. Brillante and Zads are going well and I imagine Jobe would have been on decent coin. The salary cap causes these issues and football will always be business first, loyalty second.

I've never been a massive Jobe fan, so maybe I 'm a bit biased but I don't see how you can blame the club for other players being better than Jobe. I love local players in the Jets as much as the next bloke, so that is the only major downer for me.

plague
31-01-2013, 05:36 PM
Has any player left on good terms under this knobhead coach the last few years?

Newieutd
31-01-2013, 06:33 PM
So your not a bridgy fan than either

I was

la bazzle
31-01-2013, 07:10 PM
just when you think this club couldn't sink any lower they shaft their local boy captain.Gallaway plays 1 decent game and gets a 2 year contract. This imposter they call the coach has a very short memory it seems.

Exactly. Same thing happened last time with gallagay and he sat in youth for 2 years. Will happen again until his about to come off contract. Disgrace. Love u jobey

Thomas477
31-01-2013, 07:48 PM
Has any player left on good terms under this knobhead coach the last few years?

Tiago.

plague
31-01-2013, 07:52 PM
Tiago.
You forgot the sarcasm emoticon.

sammydog
01-02-2013, 08:51 AM
This was on twitter today from Neil Evans (@NeilEvansmail). Supposedly ex fox reporter.

"Newcastle Jets' future I'm told hanging by a thread! #justsayin #aleague

The club has already responded saying there is no truth to this.

MFKS
01-02-2013, 11:07 AM

Thats not fair Plague

FAO Plague

Now that Jobe is gone. Bridges is on his way (End of Season) New whipping boy will be this bloke

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Ben+Kantarovski+Newcastle+Jets+Headshots+P5BiWS-P3sQl.jpg

Thought I would post a photo to remind people what he ****ing looks like.

Hurry up you injury prone bastard and get back on the park so I can start tearing in:sparring:

Jetmaster
01-02-2013, 11:55 AM
This was on twitter today from Neil Evans (@NeilEvansmail). Supposedly ex fox reporter.

The club has already responded saying there is no truth to this.

Same Neil Evans who had his fingers burnt with the Centrebet sponsorship deal.....nothing to see here !

MFKS
01-02-2013, 11:58 AM
Same Neil Evans who had his fingers burnt with the Centrebet sponsorship deal.....nothing to see here !

Remember when he used to host the football on Foxsports. Came across every week as a NOOB who had only just discovered the game last week

MFKS
01-02-2013, 12:29 PM
FFA CEO David Gallop has extended an open invitation to join him and Head of the Hyundai A-League Damien de Bohun at a fan forum to discuss all aspects of Australian Football.

The first 2013 forum will be held on Tuesday 12 February, from 7:30-9:30pm in the Sports Theatre at The Star in Pyrmont, Sydney. Registrations will be taken upon entry, however you are advised to arrive early as places are limited.

Additional forum dates and venues to be announced shortly.

Could have a lot of fun stirring these blokes

belchardo
01-02-2013, 01:28 PM
or you could use it as a good opportunity to express your grievances and let them know what they're getting right.

just sayin'

sh10
01-02-2013, 01:30 PM
FAO Plague

Now that Jobe is gone. Bridges is on his way (End of Season) New whipping boy will be this bloke

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Ben+Kantarovski+Newcastle+Jets+Headshots+P5BiWS-P3sQl.jpg

Thought I would post a photo to remind people what he ****ing looks like.

Hurry up you injury prone bastard and get back on the park so I can start tearing in:sparring:

Moises Henriques in a jets shirt?

Pico
04-02-2013, 08:32 AM
Ruben Zadkovich to sign new deal with A-League side Newcastle Jets
Barry Toohey
The Daily Telegraph
February 04, 2013 12:00AM

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2013/02/03/1226567/705397-ruben.jpg
Alessandro Del Piero of Sydney contests the ball with Ruben Zadkovich of the Jets. (Photo by Tony Feder/Getty Images) Source: Getty Images

NEWCASTLE Jets have moved to put a tumultuous week behind the club by re-signing in-demand midfielder Ruben Zadkovich to a new two-year deal.

The Daily Telegraph has been told the Jets will formally announce his re-signing Monday with Zadkovich to also be handed the long-term captaincy following the shock departure of former skipper Jobe Wheelhouse last week.

Wheelhouse stunned teammates on Thursday by quitting immediately after being told it was unlikely he would be offered a new contract by the Jets at the end of the season.

Zadkovich has been one of the A-League's form players over the past two months and it's understood he knocked back a number of offers from rival clubs and ignored interest from abroad to stick with the Jets.

Jets CEO Robbie Middleby refused to confirm or deny an agreement with Zadkovich had been reached but has maintained for the past few weeks he was confident the midfielder would stay.

Zadkovich's announcement will come as a boost to the Jets ahead of next weekend's clash with Western Sydney after they were fortunate to get out of Saturday night's showdown against Sydney FC with a 2-2 draw.

The draw left Sydney still languishing outside the top six.

An 89th-minute penalty from Ryan Griffiths, his second spot kick of the game, denied the Sky Blues a deserved victory after they had dominated the second half despite having a host of stars including Brett Emerton, Jason Culina and Joel Griffiths missing.

Alessandro Del Piero was again dominant for the Sky Blues, scoring his side's opening goal, his 10th of the season, while youngster Blake Powell found the back of the net from a tap-in in the second half to put his side up 2-1.

Jets coach Gary van Egmond admitted his side would need to find plenty of improvement if they are to match it with Western Sydney.

"It won't matter who we play next week, we have to improve," he said. "The character of the team is fantastic as you can see but performance-wise, we have to get better and there's no better opportunity than to go down to Western Sydney with their away game at Campbelltown."

Just hope they didn't go all Topor on his contract, a balanced approach to our salary cap is needed, after all apparently with all egg's untested kids we are already having cap issues.

hawk
04-02-2013, 10:12 AM
I find it difficult to believe we have cap issues when other teams have far more high profile players and we have so much youth

pv4
04-02-2013, 10:17 AM
i was under the impression we had heaps of cap space, as gve was so brilliant in his negotiations that he got all his untested kids on cheap wages?

would have thought the likes of brillante & taggart combined wouldn't even equate to topor's wages tbh

Muswellbrookian
04-02-2013, 10:17 AM
I find it difficult to believe we have cap issues when other teams have far more high profile players and we have so much youth

"We have to work within the salary cap" has always been the Jets' favourite sound bite, no matter who owns them, who manages them, or who coaches them. Drives me f*cking mad. You would think we were the only club in the league affected by the cap, honestly...

Rocky
04-02-2013, 11:39 AM
Signed a 2 year extension, just reported.

hawk
07-02-2013, 10:19 PM
REBORN defender Nikolai Topor-Stanley said on Wednesday that his decision to leave Newcastle for Western Sydney Wanderers had allowed him to realise his potential as a footballer.NH
Dont need to put the rest. It was written by an embecile that hates writing anything positive about jets and helps to hold back sales of the paper through incompetence. nuff said.

namwob99
09-02-2013, 08:36 AM
Dont need to put the rest. It was written by an embecile that hates writing anything positive about jets and helps to hold back sales of the paper through incompetence. nuff said.
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1287437/sporting-declaration-itching-for-a-fix/?cs=308
Wait til ya have a read of this!! Honestly does this c**t get payed to write the shit?

q-money
09-02-2013, 08:57 AM
keep your shirt on muscles, it's a light humour opinion piece in the weekend section of a regional paper, not the new york times

belchardo
09-02-2013, 09:15 AM
obviously wrote this on tuesday night...

halo se7en
09-02-2013, 10:18 AM
I'm with namwob on this one Q, that article from Dillon shows how low he has finally gone. He based the first half of his piece on one very very vague quote from GVE. Bags out the Jets, bags out the a-league and then says he'd gladly be part of any rort. I'm well aware it's supposed to be light-hearted but I'm not seeing the humour, even a little bit. He's turned it from tongue in cheek to just a blatant assault not only on the Jets but Australian football in general.

GazFish35
09-02-2013, 11:13 AM
Use the comment section to point that dillon is right, the a-league is ripe for the picking, close to asia, low wages etc etc...... AND then point out that as football has not been implicated in the recent crime comission's reports that all involved in the game, from FFA, Clubs, coaches, and players should all be congratulated.

seldom
09-02-2013, 02:09 PM
More dribble from dildo...maybe match fixin can explain Arsenals lack of trophies:tongue:

Grimario
09-02-2013, 05:29 PM
Nix have signed Corey Gameiro on loan till seasons end. For those that have no idea who that is, he is the guy who scored ALL of our goals at the U19 AFC championship.

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10864380

GazFish35
10-02-2013, 08:55 AM
We should sign the bloke who scored all the olyroos goals in Olympic qualifying.

boz-monaut
10-02-2013, 09:31 AM
Zing!!!!

De-Champ
10-02-2013, 09:33 AM
Zing!!!!

Never herd of him

Retro Jet
10-02-2013, 10:45 PM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1287437/sporting-declaration-itching-for-a-fix/?cs=308
Wait til ya have a read of this!! Honestly does this c**t get payed to write the shit?

"If I was a match-fixer, I would have targeted the A-League as the perfect vehicle for my evil get-rich-quick scheme."

If I was a sniper, I would target fat slow pricks like RD as a perfect dope correction tool to get my eye in....and do the world a favour at the same time.

hawk
10-02-2013, 11:04 PM
If I was a sniper, I would target fat slow pricks like RD as a perfect dope correction tool to get my eye in....and do the world a favour at the same time.

bravo and well deserved target

Thomas477
10-02-2013, 11:40 PM
"If I was a match-fixer, I would have targeted the A-League as the perfect vehicle for my evil get-rich-quick scheme."

To be fair though to the A-League, the refs are the perfect protection we have against matchfixing - they'd always find a way to **** it up.

On an unrelated note, Culina is being released by Sydney. Would love to see him here playing behind Heskey or next to Zad. He would provide that creative spark we're missing ATM.

11-02-2013, 12:01 AM
To be fair though to the A-League, the refs are the perfect protection we have against matchfixing - they'd always find a way to **** it up.

On an unrelated note, Culina is being released by Sydney. Would love to see him here playing behind Heskey or next to Zad. He would provide that creative spark we're missing ATM.

Agree on the Culina point but no doubt Middleby will find an excuse not to look into this possibility.

On a mischevious note he could bring Snr back too, could not be any worse than the present impersonater.

Thomas477
11-02-2013, 12:17 AM
Agree on the Culina point but no doubt Middleby will find an excuse not to look into this possibility.

On a mischevious note he could bring Snr back too, could not be any worse than the present impersonater.

Agreed, really don't understand why we didn't try to sign the Griff tbh, and next time there is a fan forum/meeting I will ask him that.

As for Snr, as much as the bloke seems nice enough, he didn't really do enough for me in his time here. Would I have him involved with the club? Hell yes. As first team coach? Probably not.

And I should preface my original post with its looking like he is going to be released.

sh10
11-02-2013, 12:22 AM
I'm not adverse to having Jason back but you've gotta be kidding me if you want Branko back

weston
11-02-2013, 12:34 AM
I'd have Jason Culina back in a heartbeat... guy never ****ed up on the field once

seldom
11-02-2013, 12:39 AM
hasn't Jason been out the last couple of games with that "KNEE". Isn't that why he was released

weston
11-02-2013, 12:45 AM
All seriousness, fit Culina would be great to have, would fit in behind Heskey nicely.... unfit Culina.... well we all know what thats like

11-02-2013, 12:51 AM
Branx on the bench with the Muppet and Deans and there you have it the three stooges

Larry, GvE and Moe.

Jeterpool
11-02-2013, 07:00 AM
There is an article on foxsports about "winning with youth" and in it Michael Bridges "has been told he can look elsewhere next year"

Did anyone watch him and Goody after the game last night? Was there something said?

Raw Boned Youngster
11-02-2013, 07:58 AM
said he thought he'd be tied up in Jets' emerging youth set up

Jeterpool
11-02-2013, 08:12 AM
said he thought he'd be tied up in Jets' emerging youth set up

Cheers RBY

Jetmaster
11-02-2013, 08:52 AM
Yes, said he had been told there was no contract offered to him for next season. Also said he wants to stay in Newcastle and be involved with the Emerging Jets program. What a guy !

belchardo
11-02-2013, 01:40 PM
off with his head!

PERTH Glory have called a press conference to be held shortly where owner Tony Sage is expected to confirm coach Ian Ferguson has been sacked after a dismal run of results. Former Perth Glory striker turned Australia youth coach Alistair Edwards is expected to replace him in the hotseat.

Ferguson's dismissal comes after his side picked up only two points from their last eight games, and haven't won a match since before Christmas.

The side hasn't even scored a goal in more than five hours of football in a devastating turnaround in fortunes that has seen last year's grand finalists slip to the bottom of the ladder.

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/263501,perth-glory-axe-coach-ian-ferguson.aspx

Grimario
11-02-2013, 01:50 PM
http://www.theage.com.au/sport/a-league/ian-ferguson-sacked-as-perth-glory-coach-20130211-2e7sz.html

The Perth Glory's dire run of A-League form appears to have claimed the scalp of coach Ian Ferguson, who has reportedly been sacked with his team at the bottom of the ladder.

The Glory, which made last year's grand final under Ferguson's leadership, has lost its past four games to fall to the foot of the table with only 19 points from 20 games.

Glory owner Tony Sage has called a press conference for 11am at which he is expected to announce Ferguson's departure.

"Ian Ferguson has been sacked Alistair Edwards new Glory coach," Radio 6PR and Channel Nine reporter Peter Vlahos tweeted on Monday morning.
Advertisement

Mining magnate Sage, who has reportedly been afflicted with a heart issue in recent weeks, has recently returned from overseas.

Ferguson's expected departure will follow the resignation of chief executive Paul Kelly in early December.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/sport/a-league/ian-ferguson-sacked-as-perth-glory-coach-20130211-2e7sz.html#ixzz2KYEd5I00

MFKS
11-02-2013, 01:57 PM
Perth are the epitomy of a circus of a club with no direction and vision.

We as a club have spent a lot of time emulating them. We finally get a bit of stability with HSG ( Not withstanding the licence hand back circus !!!) and have a plan for our future.

Results ain't going to plan and people wish to ditch this idea and rejoin the circus that Perth Glory are in on.

Can someone convince me where the merit in being a fulltime circus of a club is???

Seems to work well for Blackburn Sydney FC Perth Chelsea etc

Yet clubs with stability not run like a circus acheive. Gypos Man Utd Barca etc

Grimario
11-02-2013, 02:17 PM
Yeah, Man Utd and Barcelona have had immense success purely because of stability :gent:

You know why Arnold is a much better coach than GVE? He actually adapts his tactics to fit his players, he seems to have no problems managing them as people and I don't think he has ever promised anything he hasn't delivered.

I agree with you though... stability is a great thing. Only problem is when you have a joker at the top who isn't half the manager he thinks he is.

furns
11-02-2013, 02:20 PM
Its not about being a circus.
GVE has had almost two full seasons. He began working with a group of players, and was unable to get the best out of what he had and missed the finals. His solution was to have a wholesale clearout and bring in his own players. He asked to be judged on that basis. So far, we have been wildly inconsistent, his self-vaunted system of play isnt effective, the same old bugbears of his lack of man management skills from his previous regime have raised their ugly head and we are possibly not going to qualify for the finals for the third successive season.
Its all well and good for the club to have a vision, but if a coach is incapable of seeing that come to fruition, what is the plan of attack then? Leave him in charge and hope that it will turn around? Two full seasons with some sort of sign of improvement is an acceptable frame of reference, however I am not sure we are progressing.

As supporters we give our support to the club and badge, and therefore to the players and management who run the club on our behalf but that support isnt blind. We support our team with the expectation that the players and management give their best possible effort to ensure the club competes and wins. When this expectation isnt met, the supporters are quite our their rights to demand better.

sammydog
11-02-2013, 02:27 PM
If your talking circus, lets look at what GVE adds to the circus, in reality he is the ringmaster.

- Man management is poor to the point of being a joke.
- Won't adapt tactics to suit players preferring to play multiple players well out of position.
- Has issues with senior players
- speaks of a high tempo, high pressure, possession based game. Not sure anyone has ever seen it (other than when visiting teams show us).

Vision is great and we should have one, I don't have any trust in GVE being able to implement a vision. Nothing has changed this year, if we were improving as the season progressed I would think there was something we were building to, but we aren't. Looking at the squad I think we should be one of the top teams, we aren't. That needs to fall on the coaches shoulders and I have never heard him attribute even the smallest amount of blame to himself.

hauss
11-02-2013, 02:57 PM
If your talking circus, lets look at what GVE adds to the circus, in reality he is the ringmaster.

- Man management is poor to the point of being a joke.
- Won't adapt tactics to suit players preferring to play multiple players well out of position.
- Has issues with senior players
- speaks of a high tempo, high pressure, possession based game. Not sure anyone has ever seen it (other than when visiting teams show us).

Vision is great and we should have one, I don't have any trust in GVE being able to implement a vision. Nothing has changed this year, if we were improving as the season progressed I would think there was something we were building to, but we aren't. Looking at the squad I think we should be one of the top teams, we aren't. That needs to fall on the coaches shoulders and I have never heard him attribute even the smallest amount of blame to himself.

I think what we need is an objective look at whether the team is improving. We aren't winning a whole lot of games, that's for sure, but have we not been improving?

I remember last year the Herald printed some stats for games and we were always around 200 or less passes. The Roar were always 400+ passes with around 95% accuracy or higher. Can we all agree that that was the standard we all wanted to aim for? Parksey showed out stats for the WSW game to be 535 passes 84% accuracy and 66% posession. So it doesn't really make sense when people say that our players are always dwelling on the ball or continually give the ball away or we are always passing it amongst the backs (I'm sure the Roar did this too). If these kind of statistics are repeated in other recent games then it says to me that we have transitioned to a different way of playing. But what we haven't done is turn that into a winning formula.

I have real trouble thinking back at how we used to play in the last few years but I remember always being nervous about our defense, especially on the counter. Apart from Josh Mitchell, I don't feel that way about the current Jets.

Also, what I haven't seen (until the last 15 minutes of last night) was the kind of play that made the Roar famous, and which I had seen the Mariners kind of replicate Eg. interplay between the attacking midfield and wide men which opens up the defence, and the wider men taking it to the by-line and cutting it back in to the midfielders who then had space to shoot or set up a striker to score.

Our players seem more concerned on fulfilling their passing roles than shooting. Maybe this is also part of the transition process. That once they become comfortable with the roles they play then they will be free to think more about scoring. A lot of imaginative play has to be instinctual and you probably can't do that as freely when you are in the process of change.

I would not recommend getting rid of Gary now. As I see it, we have done the hard yards to transition to how Gary wants to play. It will all be for nothing if he gets the sack now. This season is maybe all but written off, so why try to salvage a top 6 spot with another coach only to be knocked out in the first finals game.

To me, we should see in the final few rounds if this system will actually work or not. It is better to let Gary finish off the season and judge the season as a whole at the end.

Grimario
11-02-2013, 03:26 PM
I remember last year the Herald printed some stats for games and we were always around 200 or less passes. The Roar were always 400+ passes with around 95% accuracy or higher. Can we all agree that that was the standard we all wanted to aim for? Parksey showed out stats for the WSW game to be 535 passes 84% accuracy and 66% posession. So it doesn't really make sense when people say that our players are always dwelling on the ball or continually give the ball away or we are always passing it amongst the backs (I'm sure the Roar did this too). If these kind of statistics are repeated in other recent games then it says to me that we have transitioned to a different way of playing. But what we haven't done is turn that into a winning formula.
I can't ever remember the Roar having close to the amount of possession at the back that we do. Easily 60% of our passing is the back 5... and once you throw in the two holding midfielders, would not be at all surprised if it is 80% with the vast majority of that being in our half. The Roar had Portaloo as their one deep midfielder (that I can remember) and he always had short options, never a long ball to a strikers head or a fullback 50m away. If the standard we were hoping for was to have a lot of passes then we are idiots for having that as the standard. Personally, I wanted us to have more possession and it be meaningful. Certainly not the case at the moment.

I have real trouble thinking back at how we used to play in the last few years but I remember always being nervous about our defense, especially on the counter. Apart from Josh Mitchell, I don't feel that way about the current Jets.
Really? Every single time we cough up possession, I look at our fullbacks half a pitch out of position and hope to god Mitchell doesn't somehow give away another penalty when faced with a 2on2 (or worse) situation. Without Birra, we would have shipped double the goals we have this season... some of the saves he has made have been ridiculous.

Also, what I haven't seen (until the last 15 minutes of last night) was the kind of play that made the Roar famous, and which I had seen the Mariners kind of replicate Eg. interplay between the attacking midfield and wide men which opens up the defence, and the wider men taking it to the by-line and cutting it back in to the midfielders who then had space to shoot or set up a striker to score.

The last 15 minutes against WSW... I keep reading that people think we finally looked good because Brilliante and Cooper were brought on. For me, I don't think it matters who was on the pitch. The real change is that WSW were 2-0 and they seemed happy to sit deeper instead of harrying our centre backs like they had for the previous 75 minutes. So glad we finally look like an attacking force when we throw everything forward when 2-0 down.

Our players seem more concerned on fulfilling their passing roles than shooting. Maybe this is also part of the transition process. That once they become comfortable with the roles they play then they will be free to think more about scoring. A lot of imaginative play has to be instinctual and you probably can't do that as freely when you are in the process of change.
That's a different complaint to recent weeks when the gripe was "if Goodwin/Brown/Virgili had just stuck to passing the ball instead of attempting a shot there". I can't recall us regularly getting positions to shoot and passing out of that situation.

I would not recommend getting rid of Gary now. As I see it, we have done the hard yards to transition to how Gary wants to play. It will all be for nothing if he gets the sack now. This season is maybe all but written off, so why try to salvage a top 6 spot with another coach only to be knocked out in the first finals game.
Where? If you are referring to the possession game... well, see above. Where is the high pressure game where we are closing down constantly? Where is the fast tempo passing game? We are one dimensional hoof to Heskey, hope we get the second ball and then take advantage of the winger + pushed up FB on that side of the pitch. If that is the system Gary wants us to play, god help us all.

To me, we should see in the final few rounds if this system will actually work or not. It is better to let Gary finish off the season and judge the season as a whole at the end.
Yeah, it's not like 20 rounds is enough to see if the system works. Better give him the last 7 games just in case he hasn't ostracised enough of the squad yet. Wehrman, Elrich, NTS last season, Tiago, Jobe, Ribeiro, Regan this season... who else can he shaft?

GVE out.

Grimario
11-02-2013, 03:28 PM
PS I didn't realise I was quite so passionate about GVE out. Bloody hell. Hate the bloke.

pv4
11-02-2013, 04:30 PM
i don't think anyone wants gve out & someone else in just to make the 6 this season. outside of the top four, there's nothing really to play for imo. what people want is someone who, if given the backing the gve has been given, can actually make the dynasty happen. when i compare gve to ange and popovic i always get responses of "you can't compare them two to gve" - why dafuq not?!?! why exactly am i not allowed to hope that we could bring in a coach, just like brisbane (and victory) & wsw have done, who not only create a football philosophy, who not only create a dynasty of their own, who not only rally an entire city behind their cause, but actually win aswell. why dafuq am i not allowed to expect that, given that he's been given the best resources in the comp (go on, argue against it, but there's not many other teams coaches who get full transfer control, a salary cap just as big as anyone elses, confirmed money set aside for two marquees in preseason, the backing of the board to remove players from the team & bring in who they want, etc).

this is bullshit. we were more exciting to watch last season. we've actually regressed (is that the word for the opposite of making progress?). even though we missed out on the 6 last season, people left the year with a sense of hope that we could move forward. we've done sfa, we've gone backwards. i can't see a system in place.

and for the "fullbacks go forward too much" crew - it's not the fullbacks fault. steffanuto, franjic, bojic, rose, etc all do exactly what we do. the difference is when they do it - their wide mids actually fxxxing move. while i love a good virgilli-rant, it's noticeably not the players fault, but gve's. they're under instructions not to move from where they are. when steffanuto bursts forward, broich cuts inside, becomes a number 10 or a layoff man, and is mobile. henrique does the same on the other side. we, on purpose, stand still and have two blokes in the same spot. and if you want proof that this happens - taggart came on as a high wide player one time @ home this season, noticed our lb (ritter, maybe?) bursting forward so came inside to become a second striker & to find the ball. gve sprayed him, absolutely tore shreds off him, and told him he doesn't want him coming to find the ball & he has to stay up and wide. as i pointed out from the weekends wsw game - we're left with no options because of this. no one is moving, we're solely relying on 1 solitary option at all times, and we're predictable as fxxx. why is it when chapman or mitchell gets the ball do we ONLY have ruben available? and why is it that when ruben gets the ball he ONLY has zenon available? and how hasn't gve noticed that the opposition ambush the recipient of the first pass and so easily take it from him, and why hasn't he fixed it? we are so predictable. we are so without options. we are so easy to defend against. where exactly is there progress from the start of last season? even if our young guys come good - will they be playing this same system that is so easily nullified currently?

the only real positives i can point out from this season are:
- we've got a keeper that's astronomically better than both of our keepers last year
- we've got a lethal goalscorer in heskey
- we're so much closer to saying goodbye to jesic
- one of our players got a socceroos callup

weigh them up with the cons, and we've had a shithouse season. and being the second season gve has had control of us, i'd say it's not too early at all to be calling for his head. we're not asking for a new coach every six months, we're not totally driven by a finals appearance by solely achieving top 6 this season. we're after the right man for the job.

i will gladly put my hand up and say i was wrong if one day gve is the new ange/poppa. i will be happy because we would have achieved what we have every right & ability to, the club will actually be back on track & i'll be happy that the club were determined to see it through. but i can't see it happening with gve, and i respectfully request that when next season is just as shit as this one, and gve gets the sack, that the gve-in guys put their hands up too.

if none of this gets through to y'all gve lovers, read this one without feeling the slightest bit of hate for our manager. gve confirmed he was monitoring joel griffiths for over a year. he let joel sign for a RIVAL a-league club, competing directly with us for a similar position on the table. and he is fxxxing killing it.

nf.net - where every thread turns into a griff tribute, a gve-out blasting or both

btw carlos hernandez is coming back to the hal. we should definately let the smeltz-&-griff scenario happen, and not go for him, then be heaps pissed off when he slays the league & we don't have him.

bring back jobe. bring back griff. bring back ljubo. bring back fatty. gve out. jesic out. bridges out. deans out. fxxx the haterz. love newy.

sh10
11-02-2013, 04:37 PM
if none of this gets through to y'all gve lovers, read this one without feeling the slightest bit of hate for our manager. gve confirmed he was monitoring joel griffiths for over a year. he let joel sign for a RIVAL a-league club, competing directly with us for a similar position on the table. and he is fxxxing killing it.

Is this actually GVE's fault? Middleby and co hold the purse strings, made the offer etc. How do we know GVE didn't insist on signing Griff and get mightily pissed when Middleby let him go off to Sydney?

I'm about as outsider as you can get but it doesn't seem to me like GVE has all the control you claim he has.

11-02-2013, 04:45 PM
He has enough control to have got us to where we are.

Poor recruiting ie Mitchell. Neville not worthy. Ribs taking a visa / squad spot not playing.
Poor selections, playing favourites whilst hopelessly out of form week after week.
Still can't manage men.

I could go on and on but that is just a start for what he is in control of and f^&ked up.

hauss
11-02-2013, 05:17 PM
i don't think anyone wants gve out & someone else in just to make the 6 this season. outside of the top four, there's nothing really to play for imo. what people want is someone who, if given the backing the gve has been given, can actually make the dynasty happen. when i compare gve to ange and popovic i always get responses of "you can't compare them two to gve" - why dafuq not?!?! why exactly am i not allowed to hope that we could bring in a coach, just like brisbane (and victory) & wsw have done, who not only create a football philosophy, who not only create a dynasty of their own, who not only rally an entire city behind their cause, but actually win aswell. why dafuq am i not allowed to expect that, given that he's been given the best resources in the comp (go on, argue against it, but there's not many other teams coaches who get full transfer control, a salary cap just as big as anyone elses, confirmed money set aside for two marquees in preseason, the backing of the board to remove players from the team & bring in who they want, etc).

What are you achieving in sacking him before the end of the season then? If making the top 6 isn't your main priority? You think that you are going to magically find the ideal coach at exactly the same time that you are fed up with your existing coach? What if you sack him and then you just get resumes from a bunch of hacks. Or would you be happier to have Gary's understudy as an interim coach just so you could see the back of him?

If you want, as you say you want, the club to build a dynasty, then it should know who they want to target and when they can get him, like HSG did with Wayne Bennett, like Melbourne must have done with Postecoglou (half way through their last basketcase of a year). To sack a coach with only 7 games to go seems to me like something a club that was very poor at planning would do and I doubt such a club could build a dynasty.

As with sh10, I don't have any inside knowledge of what happened with Joel Griffiths. But I do know that Tinkler's empire was crumbling about the time the negotiations would have been happening. Unless someone knows something specific about what happened, I can't see how you can automatically blame Gary for it.

hotrod
11-02-2013, 05:52 PM
What are you achieving in sacking him before the end of the season then? If making the top 6 isn't your main priority? You think that you are going to magically find the ideal coach at exactly the same time that you are fed up with your existing coach? What if you sack him and then you just get resumes from a bunch of hacks. Or would you be happier to have Gary's understudy as an interim coach just so you could see the back of him?

If you want, as you say you want, the club to build a dynasty, then it should know who they want to target and when they can get him, like HSG did with Wayne Bennett, like Melbourne must have done with Postecoglou (half way through their last basketcase of a year). To sack a coach with only 7 games to go seems to me like something a club that was very poor at planning would do and I doubt such a club could build a dynasty.

By sacking him you make a stand that mediocrity is no longer accepted. I would prefer to get an understudy or a hack to fill in for the next seven weeks (and look to recruit in the off season) to show all the lovers, what we have seen this season is not good enough. We have a good squad, there’s no denying that, anyone with half a football brain could put a team on the park that could win a number of the remaining seven games. I'm sick of feeling like shit every time I see the team list and then sinking deeper into my depression when we once again play like dogshit knowing full well there are better players in the stands, the system doesn’t work and our know it all manager does nothing to fix it, week in, week out - he’s had his chance and has blown it.

Very poor at planning? There Jets are and always have been very poor at planning. I honestly believe giving GVE the flick would be one of the better plans this useless organisation has come up with because giving him an extra 3 years after achieving nothing was a planning master stroke. There will be no dynasty not now, not ever, get used to it.

I hate this team so much but I can’t stop loving them. Either way, GVE is ruining it for me. GVEOUT, f!ck the jets, love you jets.

hauss
11-02-2013, 05:56 PM
By sacking him you make a stand that mediocrity is no longer accepted. I would prefer to get an understudy or a hack to fill in for the next seven weeks (and look to recruit in the off season) to show all the lovers, what we have seen this season is not good enough. We have a good squad, there’s no denying that, anyone with half a football brain could put a team on the park that could win a number of the remaining seven games. I'm sick of feeling like shit every time I see the team list and then sinking deeper into my depression when we once again play like dogshit knowing full well there are better players in the stands, the system doesn’t work and our know it all manager does nothing to fix it, week in, week out - he’s had his chance and has blown it.

Very poor at planning? There Jets are and always have been very poor at planning. I honestly believe giving GVE the flick would be one of the better plans this useless organisation has come up with because giving him an extra 3 years after achieving nothing was a planning master stroke. There will be no dynasty not now, not ever, get used to it.

I hate this team so much but I can’t stop loving them. Either way, GVE is ruining it for me. GVEOUT, f!ck the jets, love you jets.

Death to mediocrity. Long live mediocrity!

I love it.

plague
11-02-2013, 06:04 PM
Ante Millicic?

11-02-2013, 06:05 PM
^ Not silly at all.

MFKS
11-02-2013, 06:40 PM
I think what we need is an objective look at whether the team is improving. We aren't winning a whole lot of games, that's for sure, but have we not been improving?

Hauss one of the best posts for a while on the forum. Shame most of the Haters can t get their heads out of the sand to see that we are improving in many aspects at present. Sure we ain't getting the biscuits much but we are improving despite the anti GVE rhetoric going out of control from a lot of impatient short sighted people

:cool::gent:

q-money
11-02-2013, 06:42 PM
it took me 500 strokes of my schlong to jizz over a picture of madeline zima the other day but i don't see that as a positive

boz-monaut
11-02-2013, 06:48 PM
so, Culina has been sacked hey?

darnedest thing

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/263525,culina-sacked-after-sydney-mind-games.aspx

la bazzle
11-02-2013, 06:50 PM

Hotrod one of the best posts for a while on the forum. Shame most of the Lovers can t get their heads out of the sand to see that we are getting worse in many aspects at present. Sure we ain't getting the biscuits much but we arent improving despite the pro GVE rhetoric going out of control from a lot of patient poo sighted people

MFKS
11-02-2013, 06:50 PM
it took me 500 strokes of my schlong to jizz over a picture of madeline zima the other day but i don't see that as a positive

:rof:

You need to go to OPSM to get your eyes fixed Q Man

Will cut your stroke rate down to at least 200 strokes before jizzing over her

11-02-2013, 07:13 PM
Hotrod one of the best posts for a while on the forum. Shame most of the Lovers can t get their heads out of the sand to see that we are getting worse in many aspects at present. Sure we ain't getting the biscuits much but we arent improving despite the pro GVE rhetoric going out of control from a lot of patient poo sighted people

+ 1

MFKS
11-02-2013, 07:20 PM
Football Federation Australia (FFA) have added two more dates to the Australian Football Fan Forums in Melbourne on 19 February and Western Sydney on 20 February.

FFA CEO David Gallop and Head of Hyundai A-League Damien de Bohun will be joined by special guests to discuss a range of topics including the A-League All Stars, FFA Cup, grassroots football and the Hyundai A-League, Westfield W-League and National Youth League competitions.

Australian Football Fan Forums will give all fans of the game a chance to have their opinions heard and questions answered.

For fans unable to attend you can join the conversation on Twitter and ask your questions via #FootballForum – with questions taken from Twitter throughout each forum.

Inner Sydney
Tuesday 12 February, 2013
7:30-9:30pm
24/7 Sports Bar, The Star

Inner Sydney Fan Forum Panel
FFA CEO David Gallop
Head of Hyundai A-League Damien de Bohun
FOX SPORTS pundit and Former Socceroo Mark Bosnich

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Melbourne
Tuesday 19 February, 2013
Olympic Room, AAMI Park

Melbourne Fan Forum Panel
FFA CEO David Gallop
Former Socceroo Steve Horvat

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Western Sydney
Wednesday 20 February, 2013
University of Western Sydney, Parramatta
Building EA, room G.18

Western Sydney Fan Forum Panel
FFA CEO David Gallop
Special Guest TBC

Thats 3 if we get lucky their might be one on in Newy :deadhorse::bs:

stopper2
11-02-2013, 10:10 PM
Ante Millicic?
Said this a few weeks back also.
Give GVE the rest of the season a chance to turn things around, otherwise bye bye.

leftrightout
12-02-2013, 08:30 AM
Everyone keeps mentioning othe great managers and teams who have had them.. Ange at brisbane and melbourne and poppa at wanderers.

But really without the B/S, how many of you really thought, at the start of the Season, Poppa was going to be the successful as a manager?
I reckon 99% of people were picking GVE to do better with the Jets than Poppa with WS.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing! Now we can all tell the Jets Board that GVE is shit and we should have signed someone great like Poppa!

P.S this is by no means GVE support, just people giving me the shits acting like they knew Poppa was going to do something special!

pv4
12-02-2013, 08:53 AM
i don't think anyone is under the belief they could tell the future & know that poppa/ange would do as good as they have, compared to gve. what we're saying is we made the wrong choice, and should fix that choice.

fwiw i personally thought ange was making bold moves, arsing tiatto, miller & moore. i really liked farina's brisbane team, genuinely thought they were one of the better teams in the comp back then. but i sat back and thought i'd see how it panned out, and ange got results in no time (iirc he came in midway through a season, and won the next season? so less time than gve?). and poppa - i thought it was the wrong career move for him. he was at a club he was a "legend" of, was in a position that he could one day take full control, and i thought he'd come back many years later to be a wondercoach for the NT or something. i genuinely thought his team of misfits would battle for last place with sydney fc, and the media here would be relentless & send his career to nothing. so i thought he was setting himself up in the firing line of the media, and they would kill his career.

the great thing we had with gve was hindsight. he had failed previously, when given full control of the team. tbh i was one of those 99%, thinking gve would do better than poppa. not because of how i saw poppa as a manager, but because i had seen the progress we made towards the end of last season, plus the confirmed knowledge that we had the funds set aside for two marquees in a preseason that i thought we stood out more than any other preseason. but we have gone into the season, and gotten worse. we've seemingly hit the peak & are heading downhill. something tells me that in gve's master plan, there wasn't the "in the second season we will disregard the system & go shit" idea.

Pico
12-02-2013, 08:56 AM
Newcastle Jets set to beef up the strike force around Emile Heskey

Barry Toohey
The Daily Telegraph
February 12, 2013 12:00AM

http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2013/02/11/1226575/676402-emile-heskey.jpg
Emile Heskey of the Jets heads the ball during the round 20 A-League match between the Western Sydney Wanderers and the Newcastle Jets at Campbelltown Sports Stadium. Source: The Daily Telegraph

FRUSTRATED Newcastle striker Emile Heskey is about to be handed some much-needed support up front as the struggling Jets desperately try to reignite their play-off ambitions.

Without a win in their past four games, Newcastle slipped out of the top six after a 2-1 loss to Western Sydney on Saturday.

It was another performance that lacked any real purpose in attack and coach Gary van Egmond is set to beef up the strike force around Heskey.

Young Socceroos striker Adam Taggart, who has had only limited game-time in the A-League this season, will be in the starting side on Friday night against Melbourne Heart.

The coach is hoping his combination with Heskey will deliver some goals.

"Taggs will be in the team," van Egmond said yesterday.

"We've got to give Emile some more support and we need to bring some more natural goalscorers into the side. Taggs is a goalscorer. He's done well for us at youth level and shows composure under pressure. He'll get his opportunity."

Van Egmond said he was yet to decide if Taggart would play just in behind Heskey or in a wider role. "He's capable of doing both but we'll just see which is going to be the best option for us," he said.

The Jets have just five goals in their past five games, and two were Ryan Griffiths penalties.

Newcastle rarely threatened in the final third until skipper Ruben Zadkovich squeezed one past goalkeeper Ante Covic from long range in injury time.

Heskey was rarely in the game with service to the former England striker largely non-existent. When his teammates did find him, he was a shag on a rock and easy pickings for the Wanderers defence.

"Emile's getting frustrated, which is why he could do with some support up there," van Egmond said. "At the same time, I'd like to see him in the game more and he'll be given more of a licence to get involved as much as he can."

Sooo in other words no actual support, just more shuffling of the deck chairs.....

Wonder if this is another "Regan is first on the team sheet", next game regan not in the match day squad.

belchardo
12-02-2013, 11:26 AM
exactly what i was thinking Pico. Taggs probably won't even make it onto the bench in the youth team.

The Dunster
12-02-2013, 11:55 AM
GVE heaped a lot of praise on Caravella on the weekend. So I wouldn't be suprised if he's the one that makes way for Taggart.

leftrightout
12-02-2013, 12:21 PM
i don't think anyone is under the belief they could tell the future & know that poppa/ange would do as good as they have, compared to gve. what we're saying is we made the wrong choice, and should fix that choice.

fwiw i personally thought ange was making bold moves, arsing tiatto, miller & moore. i really liked farina's brisbane team, genuinely thought they were one of the better teams in the comp back then. but i sat back and thought i'd see how it panned out, and ange got results in no time (iirc he came in midway through a season, and won the next season? so less time than gve?). and poppa - i thought it was the wrong career move for him. he was at a club he was a "legend" of, was in a position that he could one day take full control, and i thought he'd come back many years later to be a wondercoach for the NT or something. i genuinely thought his team of misfits would battle for last place with sydney fc, and the media here would be relentless & send his career to nothing. so i thought he was setting himself up in the firing line of the media, and they would kill his career.

the great thing we had with gve was hindsight. he had failed previously, when given full control of the team. tbh i was one of those 99%, thinking gve would do better than poppa. not because of how i saw poppa as a manager, but because i had seen the progress we made towards the end of last season, plus the confirmed knowledge that we had the funds set aside for two marquees in a preseason that i thought we stood out more than any other preseason. but we have gone into the season, and gotten worse. we've seemingly hit the peak & are heading downhill. something tells me that in gve's master plan, there wasn't the "in the second season we will disregard the system & go shit" idea.

Very fair comments, i completely agree!

I should have mentioned that i didn't really mean the forum with that post... i have heard people speak about it at matches and in general!

Grimario
12-02-2013, 05:52 PM
Club Statement: Ben Kantarovski

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Club-Statement-Ben-Kantarovski/60677

The Newcastle Jets advise injured midfielder Ben Kantarovski has been fined and disciplined by the club following an incident last Saturday night.

Kantarovski has been undertaking intensive rehabilitation for more than 12 weeks on a serious knee injury suffered in Round 4.

He was expected back in several weeks but unfortunately an injury sustained during the incident means he will be out for the rest of the season.

CEO Robbie Middleby said while they are disappointed he ignored Club protocol while in rehab, no one is more upset or disappointed over this incident than Kantarovski himself.

"Ben is aware he has let down the club, his teammates and all our members, fans and corporate supporters in a critical part of the season," Middleby said.

The police were not called to the incident and Kantarovski has been dealt with by the Club’s internal disciplinary committee

My2BobsWorth
12-02-2013, 06:03 PM
We still have a chance then

MFKS
12-02-2013, 06:15 PM
Am hearing that the Liverpoo are coming to play Victree in Melburn in late July rumour to be a goer.

sh10
12-02-2013, 06:29 PM

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Club-Statement-Ben-Kantarovski/60677

disco biscuits mk2?

plague
12-02-2013, 07:28 PM
This will probably put his deal with Bayern Munich in jeopardy.

Grimario
12-02-2013, 07:57 PM
Which club is the most successful outfit in the German Bundesliga?

q-money
12-02-2013, 07:59 PM
king st

Pico
13-02-2013, 07:39 AM
State clubs to become talent production lines

February 13, 2013

Sebastian Hassett

It's not quite the second division the Asian Football Confederation demands but Football Federation Australia believes the new National Premier League will convert state league clubs into a powerhouse production line of talent.

The league is not so much a new competition as it is a set of nationwide standards, which marks a crucial step in unifying the disparate state federations. Since the evolution of the A-League in 2004, they have been largely left to run their premier state competitions without regard for a broader strategy.

That will all change over the next two years. This year, the top leagues of NSW, Queensland, South Australia, ACT and Tasmania will implement wide-ranging reform. Next year, Victoria, Western Australia and northern NSW will also come into line.

There are several key modifications, some of which have been two years in the making, but the overriding motivation is the development of youth and to increase their top-level opportunities at an earlier age.
Advertisement

Perhaps the most interesting aspect will be the implementation of a points-based cap - but not necessarily a salary cap - for how each team can assemble their players.

With players expected to be valued at 10 points each, clubs will have 200 points to work with in building their squads. Players developed from within the club's own junior ranks will consume fewer, while those poached from other clubs will be worth more.

It is hoped this will increase the competitiveness of smaller clubs and serve to prevent the richest clubs from buying all the available talent in the pool, as they have been accused of doing in recent years.

All clubs who play in the top state leagues will be required to have a fully functioning under-20 side. Their season may be extended to create more competition in junior ranks.

Crucially, each club will have to appoint a technical director, with a minimum of a B-standard coaching licence, who will report to and liaise with the state technical director.

That role can either be separated from or combined with the senior coach's role, which must carry a minimum of a B licence - something only roughly half of present coaches hold.

Elite state league clubs will be asked to form closer ties with amateur and community clubs in their local area in an effort to create a more complete pathway from the grassroots to the top tier.

For those who implement the reforms sooner, there are financial rewards. Instead of picking up a training compensation fee of between $3000 and $5000 for seeing a player graduate to the A-League, a fully adapted club will receive a fee between $6000 and $10,000.

While such standards pave the way for the creation of a second division for the A-League, that is still considered many years away. It does, however, create a greater parity for the FFA Cup, which may be introduced as soon as 2015.

■ The FFA has announced that Sydney-born Major League Soccer senior executive Russell Sargeant will become the A-League's operations general manager.

Sargeant has spent the past decade in the US, working in administration and marketing for the San Jose Earthquakes between 2003 and 2005 and for the past eight years with the league itself. He takes up his new position in March.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/a-league/state-clubs-to-become-talent-production-lines-20130212-2eb53.html#ixzz2KiPPPCkd

Not much we didn't already know really, hardly worth a presser.

The FFA cup is coming in 2 years will believe it when I see it, its the FFA's 6-8 weeks.

pv4
13-02-2013, 08:07 AM
it's so much more important now more than ever to have local boys in your team. wd gve on removing jobe

victory will be loving it - i think half their squad is victorian or something like that. ( http://www.news.com.au/sport/football/melbourne-victory-epitomises-everything-i-want-in-a-hometown-team/story-fndkzvnd-1226541456863 )

belchardo
13-02-2013, 09:17 AM
so is NSW the only state that has two "state" federations?

boz-monaut
13-02-2013, 10:02 AM
Northern NSW is the third largest football federation in Australia

NSW has about 200,000 players
Victoria has about 65,000
NNSW has 53,000

other state federations are smaller than us, and yes, one per state

we really should be a separate state in more than just football

MFKS
13-02-2013, 11:51 AM
Rather ironic with these reforms that no effort has been made to merge NSW Fed and NNSW Feds into 1 fed

Zico
13-02-2013, 12:13 PM
Are they trying to kill the clubs in NNSW?

q-money
13-02-2013, 12:51 PM
maybe it will stop the heinous practice of coaches taking all their mates to a new club whenever they get the shits with the old one

Zico
13-02-2013, 01:12 PM
It's difficult to get numbers to run the clubs at the moments yet alone introducing yet another puzzle into the running. The other questions are who is going to pay for the coach to obtain the B License? Isn't it around the $5k mark to obtain and take several weeks of full time study/lecture to obtain? I've also been told that the youth and Assistant coach's will require the C license, which again is over $1k to obtain and takes almost a month to complete.

It's easy for the FFA to pass down these policies to the federations but they need to remember that the 'Elite" comp in NNSW is made up entirely of clubs run by volunteers and not paid executives.

boz-monaut
13-02-2013, 01:26 PM
Rather ironic with these reforms that no effort has been made to merge NSW Fed and NNSW Feds into 1 fed
check out Alanis Morissette over here

there's serious resistance to doing that from both federations - you may as well try to combine WA and SA, there's a lot fewer players involved

MFKS
13-02-2013, 01:39 PM
I am aware there is serious resistance from the NNSW and NSW Feds to amalgamate. This reform though is coming from higher up and would present a good opportunity to force change through. This reform is about whats best for the game in the country. Not whats best in Northern New South Wales

MFKS
13-02-2013, 01:40 PM
I am aware there is serious resistance from the NNSW and NSW Feds to amalgamate. This reform though is coming from higher up and would people present a good opportunity to force change through.

This reform is about whats best for the game in the country. Not to preserve whats best in Northern New South Wales or the egos of the people in the 2 NSW feds

Retro Jet
13-02-2013, 02:37 PM

The Newcastle Jets advise injured midfielder Ben Kantarovski has been fined and disciplined by the club following an incident last Saturday night.
Kantarovski has been undertaking intensive rehabilitation for more than 12 weeks on a serious knee injury suffered in Round 4.
He was expected back in several weeks but unfortunately an injury sustained during the incident means he will be out for the rest of the season.
CEO Robbie Middleby said while they are disappointed he ignored Club protocol while in rehab, no one is more upset or disappointed over this incident than Kantarovski himself.
"Ben is aware he has let down the club, his teammates and all our members, fans and corporate supporters in a critical part of the season," Middleby said.
The police were not called to the incident and Kantarovski has been dealt with by the Club’s internal disciplinary committee

I dropped into watch training yday and saw NothinBloodyNew taking camera's over to film.
Any dirt on what actually happened?

Rocknerd
13-02-2013, 03:01 PM
Twitter and the book of Face say Bridges, Taggart and Regan all starting this Friday!!!

Dare we dream of a Ribero cameo?

joel31
13-02-2013, 03:41 PM
Twitter and the book of Face say Bridges, Taggart and Regan all starting this Friday!!!

Dare we dream of a Ribero cameo?
It probably won't happen though
Article is here: http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Jets-name-20man-squad/60741

joel31
13-02-2013, 03:50 PM
so is NSW the only state that has two "state" federations?
According to the FFA (http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/nationalpremierleagues)

There will be 5 states participating in the National Premier Leagues in 2013 including Football New South Wales, Football Queensland, Football Federation Tasmania, Capital Football and Football Federation South Australia.

Further states are expected to join the newly re-branded competition once the outcomes of the National Competition Review are adopted.

This means that NNSW isn't in it to start off with

MFKS
13-02-2013, 05:40 PM
According to the FFA (http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/nationalpremierleagues)

This means that NNSW isn't in it to start off with

Sure david eland said in an interview somewhere there was no way NNSW Fed would/could be ready this year/weren't gonna make the effort etc and would be falling in to line in 2014.

Believe it requires the NBN Clubs to change the age brackets of the teams and NNSW are keen on the 23's 19's 17's model they use where as the FFA are going more 21's 18's 16's or something like that which will see the 21-22-23 year olds shafted from the game with the intent to get the kids to first grade level at younger ages than present

Zico
13-02-2013, 07:16 PM
Sure david eland said in an interview somewhere there was no way NNSW Fed would/could be ready this year/weren't gonna make the effort etc and would be falling in to line in 2014.

Believe it requires the NBN Clubs to change the age brackets of the teams and NNSW are keen on the 23's 19's 17's model they use where as the FFA are going more 21's 18's 16's or something like that which will see the 21-22-23 year olds shafted from the game with the intent to get the kids to first grade level at younger ages than present
Like I said early, this will stuff the local clubs and the game will go backwards in this area if these changes go ahead.

late_to_the_game
13-02-2013, 09:51 PM
The other big issue is the FFA mandate that the participating clubs be geographically diverse. (Part of providing the pathway for youth, not just in the city centre)
So in QLD, they set up a new club to cover one of the areas they needed to satisfy this. I belive Kasey Werhman is involved.

So for us, Hamilton, Magic, Adamstown, Lambton would probably be an area where only 2 clubs could exist. Charelstown, Valentine and Cardiff would be reduced to 1 or 2, the rest of the clubs would have to come from other feeder areas. So maybe Maitland area 2 clubs (Weston+?), West of the Lake 2 clubs (Edgeworth/Lake Mac/Toronto), Port Stephens/Ramond Terrace one club - something like that.

No promotion/relegation - licencing instead.

David Eland said a bit about this at the coaching conference, general gist was they are trying to bend the FFA a bit to adjust the requirements to find a compromise - one that would be part way between what we have and what the FFA want.

Thomas477
13-02-2013, 09:53 PM
The idea of trying to get younger players to a higher standard earlier is a good idea IMO. Yes that means many 21-23s would get the arse, but how many of them seriously would be challenging for a first team spot eventually anyway? No point carrying young players into their early 20s if they're never going to make first team. If they are good enough, the clubs will sign them to their senior teams. If they aren't, or aren't picked up by other clubs, tough luck. There's only so many spots available and the competition will drive the standard up.

Whereas if you go with what they are proposing, it opens up spots for u/16s and 15s to get into the system earlier, allowing them more (or equal) time during their developmental years at a higher level with their chosen senior club.

At the end of the day, the FFA trying to implement a nationwide standard was always going to step on toes, and unfortunately this is one of those cases.

And LTTG, geographic diversity for us would include teams in Port, Coffs, Dubbo, Tamworth etc, not just in the lower Hunter Valley.

goaliepersempre
14-02-2013, 10:00 AM
sucks for goalkeepers.

pv4
14-02-2013, 10:05 AM
ccm will struggle with this whole locals thing. their area is so confined as is, plus all their young promising players they've been getting over the years are all from western sydney & that turf is claimed now.

sh10
14-02-2013, 01:09 PM
ccm will struggle with this whole locals thing. their area is so confined as is, plus all their young promising players they've been getting over the years are all from western sydney & that turf is claimed now.

in that case im all for it

joel31
14-02-2013, 03:59 PM
Neill to Heart and Hernandez to Phoenix. Surely this puts us behind in terms of the transfer market

MFKS
14-02-2013, 05:57 PM
Neill to Heart and Hernandez to Phoenix. Surely this puts us behind in terms of the transfer market

What a slow has been and a fat has been.
Glad even GVE ain't dumb enough to sign us this level of shite

Muswellbrookian
14-02-2013, 07:55 PM
Neill will end up in Smurf blue. Read between the lines.

Don't care if he's slower, would still shit all over most of the defenders in our squad. Signing the national team captain would be a real boost for any team in this league. Of course, Gary's too busy assembling his horde of Gen Zs to think about bringing someone like that on board.

Rocky
14-02-2013, 07:56 PM
Marcelo Fiorentini talking on his fb about a possible return soon

De-Champ
14-02-2013, 08:16 PM
Marcelo Fiorentini talking on his fb about a possible return soon

Can.t see how, doess not fit GVE profile.... too old

14-02-2013, 08:47 PM
Can.t see how, doess not fit GVE profile.... too old

For a bloke who was given limited opportunities i thought he went real well.

Can't recall the exact game now but one evening he busted his ass til he was absolutley legless and i thought he was best on ground.

sammydog
14-02-2013, 08:51 PM
Would love to see Fiorentini giving the aleague a real crack. Don't think he really ever got to show what he had.

lil_masi
14-02-2013, 08:51 PM
Looks like jesic is trialling wid MLS club new england revolution. Tweet on twitter. Already there and was named in live game tweets

Thomas477
14-02-2013, 08:54 PM
Looks like jesic is trialling wid MLS club new england revolution. Tweet on twitter. Already there and was named in live game tweets

Can confirm this:

http://www.thebentmusket.com/2013/2/13/3986824/revolution-vs-sounders-2013-ddc-osvaldo-alonso-clyde-simms-andy-dorman

Jeterpool
14-02-2013, 08:57 PM
Hope they don't read this foz

MFKS
14-02-2013, 09:32 PM
Hope they don't read this foz

If he wasn't gone in 7 weeks anyway i would be putting forward we crash the foz until the deal can go thru so as not to jepordise it falling through if someone came on here and found out what he was really like

westjet
14-02-2013, 09:54 PM
Can confirm this:

http://www.thebentmusket.com/2013/2/13/3986824/revolution-vs-sounders-2013-ddc-osvaldo-alonso-clyde-simms-andy-dorman

Hope GVE doesnt read he has a good motor - will resign him for 2 years.

late_to_the_game
14-02-2013, 11:26 PM
Thomas 477, good point about not just the lower Hunter.

An interesting question would be - how many teams would you have to have in Newcastle/Hunter, so that the average standard of those teams was equal to what Port, Coffs, Tamworth were able to put on the park?

Thomas477
14-02-2013, 11:59 PM
Thomas 477, good point about not just the lower Hunter.

An interesting question would be - how many teams would you have to have in Newcastle/Hunter, so that the average standard of those teams was equal to what Port, Coffs, Tamworth were able to put on the park?

Can't comment about the standard of Coffs, Port etc, but you never hear about their top division. Plus NBN is the NNSWF's top league, followed by NEWFM. But if you say that the average top is around ZPL/ low NEWFM, just in terms of spread of quality, we could assume that at least 10+ clubs around Newcastle alone (Magic, Olympic, Jaffas, ATown, Cardiff) are above the average from the regional areas. So for it to be fair, there would have to be incentive for players from the NBN to relocate to regions like Coffs and Tamworth. Plus dilute the talent pool enough for the competition to be competitive. IMO this would be more trouble than its worth.

Best off for our region, given the centralised location of our first division, is that the current clubs stay as are, and any regional team wanting to compete at that level applies through NNSWF and stringent checks are applied to ensure competitiveness at NBN level. Of course, finances will be important as wel, given all regional teams would have to travel 2hrs+ each week.

Anyway, that's just my opinion.

namwob99
15-02-2013, 06:11 AM
Of course, finances will be important as wel, given all regional teams would have to travel 2hrs+ each week.

Anyway, that's just my opinion.

Bring back the old FYL!! Use to love traveling to Port Mac, Taree and Tamworth.

Pico
15-02-2013, 07:46 AM
Newcastle Jets turn to Michael Bridges for crucial clash against Melbourne Heart

Barry Toohey
The Daily Telegraph
February 15, 2013 12:00AM

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2013/02/14/1226578/205428-michael-bridges.jpg
Michael Bridges (L) will spearhead the Jets attack against Melbourne Heart. Picture: Waide Maguire Source: The Daily Telegraph

MICHAEL Bridges thought his papers were marked.

Having not started in an A-League game for 12 months and being told his services won't be required next season, who could blame him.

But with Newcastle's season potentially on the line against Melbourne Heart at Hunter Stadium tonight, the veteran English striker is the player Jets coach Gary van Egmond has turned to in his side's hour of need.

And while it's all about the team for Bridges, he admits the opportunity to send a message to the coach about his own worth to the club will also be uppermost in his mind.

In a match-up Jets fans have been crying out to see all season, Bridges, 34, will spearhead an attacking strikeforce up front alongside or just in behind Emile Heskey. Van Egmond has also promoted Socceroos striker Adam Taggart in a further bid to bolster his side's lacklustre attack.

After making just occasional cameos off the bench this season and being told he won't be offered another contract, Bridges admitted yesterday he wasn't sure his opportunity in the starting side would ever come again.

"It's tough and it was a hard pill to swallow, but at the end of the day it's a team environment," he said.

"I'm not bigger than this football club and the boys know that and if you're not in the team, you work damn hard to get back in.

"Gary's the manager and he picks the team and you've got to stick by that and hopefully your chance will come. If you toss it in, you won't get that chance."

Bridges is relishing the chance to play alongside Heskey again, 17 years after they were teammates in the England under-17 side.

"It's great that we're getting the chance to have a gig together again," he said.

The Jets are a point outside the top six and defeat would put the club under enormous pressure to make the play-offs.

Can see it now, 15min in & GVE pintos Bridges, then watch for the mass wrist slashing from the western stand.

Pico
15-02-2013, 07:54 AM
Melbourne Heart looking to bring down more pain on Newcastle Jets

David Davutovic
Herald Sun
February 15, 2013 12:00AM

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2013/02/13/1226577/296371-melbourne-heart.jpg
Melbourne Heart coach John Aloisi admits his side do not travel well and it is time to start picking up points away from home. Picture: George Salpigtidis Source: Herald Sun

MELBOURNE Heart faced a club in crisis last week - and tonight it has a chance to consign Newcastle Jets to a similar fate.

Perth's 2-0 loss to Heart led to Glory manager Ian Ferguson being sacked this week, and while a loss for the Jets tonight is unlikely to end Gary van Egmond's tenure, pressure is mounting on the coach.

Heart coach John Aloisi has his own problems; first and foremost addressing his team's terrible away record.

Sitting fifth, Heart is set to include experienced trio Fred, Simon Colosimo and Marcel Meeuwis.

Colosimo looks set to start in central defence, replacing David Vrankovic. Fred will start on the bench, with Aloisi likely to retain Nick Kalmar after last week's man-of-the-match effort.

Dutchman Meeuwis is also likely to be on the bench, having arrived from Europe on Tuesday.

Heart's home form has been solid, but its away record (one win, one draw, eight losses) baffles Aloisi.

"We'd love to win," he said. "Any result in Newcastle would be a positive outcome. They're around the same points as us. We haven't been great away from home, so it's time we start picking up points.

"If we want to make finals, we have to win away, so it's an important game for us.

"We prepare the same way we do at home. We don't try and play a different style. We don't defend any deeper. We want to try and play the same way, and if we do we will pick up points.

"Marcel's clearance has come through, so he'll play some part - he only got off the plane three days ago. Fitness-wise he's good, but is probably a bit jet-lagged."

At Newcastle, budget cuts are afoot and although Nathan Tinkler's Jets are in advanced negotiations with marquee striker Emile Heskey, it is understood the rest of squad will have to fit within the salary cap.

Van Egmond has recalled crowd favourite Mark Bridges - one of at least three inclusions, with Adam Taggart and Taylor Regan - but the coach made a point of saying he was not bowing to public opinion or pressure.

"Bridgey deserves it. It's not done for the fact that people think it should be happening," van Egmond said yesterday.

So the budget cuts are coming, need the extra funds for all the better untraceable drugs for the knights now they are going to be tested.

Hell if this is the best the club & GVE can do with a full budget what is going to happen when the cuts come in. Never mind the 20 year olds, its time to go after the Australian u12 squad, might actually have to start only signing visa player's GVE intends to play as well. I hear a ready made excuse coming on for failing to make the finals.

Mark Bridges - the Michael Bridges & Mark Bridge love child, oh the horror. :lol:

Muswellbrookian
15-02-2013, 08:47 AM
So the budget cuts are coming, need the extra funds for all the better untraceable drugs for the knights now they are going to be tested.

Pretty sure the budget cuts have already been going on for quite some time. As much as van Egmond does have a thing for boys with good engines, I don't think even he would have wanted to end up with such a juvenile squad as we have now. Our general recruitment policy these past couple of years has clearly been based on a calculated plunge into the dregs of the bargain bin of players with "potential". Heskey hasn't come cheap, but as long as the club signs one marquee player with a big name, they figure that we'll all be happy regardless of who makes up the rest of the team.

"Have to fit into the salary cap"? My arse. Have to fit into a fraction of the salary cap, more like it. I know the alternative is no team at all, but it's sad to realise that we won't challenge in this league again for a long time - not unless Tinkle Tinkle finds some serious cashish sequestered in his fat-folds.

pv4
15-02-2013, 09:12 AM
why are they talking about budget cuts & the salary cap & whatnot, when all clubs salary caps are paid for next season with the tv deal? apart from marquees, how exactly are we affected by the salary cap anymore after this season?

if all clubs don't get two marquees then what exactly are they spending any money on?

Grimario
15-02-2013, 09:27 AM
"Have to fit into the salary cap"? My arse. Have to fit into a fraction of the salary cap, more like it. I know the alternative is no team at all, but it's sad to realise that we won't challenge in this league again for a long time - not unless Tinkle Tinkle finds some serious cashish sequestered in his fat-folds.

The minimum spend in the salary cap is still pretty large... think its $2.1m vs the cap of $2.4m. Though when you look at it like that, you are right... that's an extra $100k we could offer to 3 better players instead of relying solely on youth.

Grimario
15-02-2013, 09:51 AM
Mark Bridges - the Michael Bridges & Mark Bridge love child, oh the horror. :lol:

Would certainly be the right age for a GVE squad. :gent:

Grimario
15-02-2013, 10:04 AM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1303107/opinion-jets-crying-out-for-change/?cs=306

OPINION: Jets crying out for change
By KEVIN CRANSON, Sports Editor Feb. 14, 2013, 11:41 p.m.
GARY VAN EGMOND
‘‘IF I listened to the fans, there is a good chance I’d be sitting with the fans,’’ Jets coach Gary van Egmond said on Wednesday after ringing the changes to his underperforming side.

For sheer bloody-mindedness, it’s hard to beat the Jets coach.

For nearly two seasons now he has stuck to his game plan, using the players he thinks fit the bill, freezing out the ones who don’t, and staring down the critics as the losses pile up.

But it appears someone at the club is listening, and perhaps that person has pointed out to van Egmond that if he doesn’t try something different, he may well find himself in the stands anyway.

It’s not the fact that van Egmond has made mass changes; he does that every week. It’s just that the changes involve players who have barely been sighted off Nobbys this season – Michael Bridges, Taylor Regan and Adam Taggart – and are the very changes fans have been crying out for as their frustration mounts.

The only thing missing was a recall for Kasey Wehrman.

It’s unusual for van Egmond to declare his hand so early in the week. Clearly the club is keen to get the message out before tonight’s match at home against the Heart, because not only are they losing games, they are losing fans.

Last week’s loss to Western Sydney was the tipping point, and not just because the Jets fell out of the top six.

The match highlighted two things: Wanderers have come a long way in a short time and the Jets have gone backwards.

When the Jets started the season with 12 points from six games there was cause for optimism – not because they were playing well, but because they weren’t. Marquee man Emile Heskey was also scoring goals. Imagine how things will go when we really click, was the refrain.

Meanwhile, Wanderers were looking like a side thrown together in a matter of weeks – as they were. It took them until the fourth round to find the net, and they had 10 points from their first nine games.

Yet rookie coach Tony Popovic was unmoved. They were proving hard to break down, he said, and the goals would come.

Fast forward to Saturday’s game, and if you had just landed from outer space and were asked to pick which was the start-up club, there would have been only one answer.

Since he took over from the sacked Branko Culina early last season, van Egmond has espoused a possession-based, up-tempo passing game.

When the side he inherited from Culina struggled to play that way and missed the finals, van Egmond had a clean-out and brought in a host of promising young players he thought could do the job.

Yet, as we approach the business end of the second season of his second stint at the club – his first brought the 2007-08 grand final victory – the most positive thing you can say about the Jets is that they try hard.

They had 65per cent of possession against the Wanderers but struggled to get out of their own half. Wanderers, as most clubs have done against the Jets this season, preyed on the fragility of the Jets’ passing and, when the inevitable turnover came, they counter-attacked down the channels left vacant by fullbacks committed higher up the park.

It has been the same story for two seasons.

In a conversation with a Jets fan this week, the topic turned to who had been Newcastle’s best player this season.

By process of elimination, we settled on goalkeeper Mark Birighitti. The club’s player of the year award last season went to the man whose spot he has taken, Ben Kennedy.

Now, you’re allowed to have a good goalkeeper. In fact, it helps enormously. And van Egmond has found a beauty in Birighitti, who was stuck behind Eugene Galekovic at Adelaide. But when your keeper is your best player week in and week out, you have problems.

One major problem with the Jets – and it’s not a new one – is that they don’t have a cutting edge. They don’t have a No.10, they don’t have anyone who is genuinely good on the ball, or anyone with a passing game that can hurt the opposition.

One class player – even one whose better days are behind him – can have a huge impact on a team, as Sydney have shown with Alessandro Del Piero. But to be a genuine contender you need a few.

Wanderers had Shinji Ono, Youssouf Hersi, Aaron Mooy and Mark Bridge constantly asking questions of the Jets.

And this isn’t the English Premier League, where a rich owner can buy a title.

The A-League is a level playing field. Each club operates under the same salary cap, is entitled to the same marquee player exemptions and can have five visa players.

Jets fans are entitled to ask where is our Del Piero, Ono, Hersi, Archie Thompson, Marco Rojas, Marcos Flores, Thomas Broich or Besart Berisha. Maybe they are here, but for whatever reasons – confidence, fitness, belief, opportunity – we are just not seeing it at the moment.

And yes, the Jets have Heskey. He is a great player who is really having a go. But he is a finisher, and if you can’t get the ball to him, you may as well play one of the Wiggles up front.

Fans have been asking why, despite van Egmond’s eternal tinkering, some players continue to get selected despite performances that are not up to A-League standard, while others are not given the same opportunities or patience.

They have been clamouring to see more of Bridges, but until this week he was going the way of Wehrman, who was deemed surplus to requirements last season and denied the opportunity to show that he still had something to offer.

Newcastle’s three clean sheets have coincided with two rare starts for centre back Regan, last year’s Ray Baartz Medal winner.

Then there’s young striker Taggart. Socceroos coach Holger Osieck thought enough of Taggart to select him in a developmental squad for the East Asian Cup qualifying tournament in December despite him not getting a run at the Jets.

Taggart scored two goals then found himself back on the Jets bench or playing in the youth team.

Van Egmond’s argument was that he has room for only one striker in his 4-2-3-1 formation, and that man is Heskey.

Now that he has found a spot for Taggart, would it be too much to ask to pair him up front with Heskey, as Liverpool did with Michael Owen, and maybe throw Bridges in behind them in a Del Piero role to open things up.

The season is not beyond salvation for the Jets, and fans will be happy to know that someone is listening. Will it be a case of too little, too late? Hopefully not, but at least we won’t die wondering.

goaliepersempre
15-02-2013, 10:27 AM
Holy Marko Jesic, Batman - Trialist Marko Jesic, an Australian from Newcastle Jets in the A-league, impressed in his second half appearance. He showed a good motor, some technical ability, and a nose for the right runs at the right time. His final product left something to be desired, but he seemed to show enough to stay in camp for another game, at least.

lololololol :yeahright: :deadhorse:

Jeterpool
15-02-2013, 02:52 PM

So tall skinny kid with a big egg on the back of his head and the dodgiest knees and ankles you have ever seen.

Jeterpool
15-02-2013, 02:55 PM
Holy Marko Jesic, Batman - Trialist Marko Jesic, an Australian from Newcastle Jets in the A-league, impressed in his second half appearance. He showed a good motor, some technical ability, and a nose for the right runs at the right time. His final product left something to be desired, but he seemed to show enough to stay in camp for another game, at least.

lololololol :yeahright: :deadhorse:

Was that describing a football match or picking up?

I read it as "can run around a bit, knows the rules and stays onside when we attack. However he couldn't hit water off the side of a boat"

Nah... hope he gets a gig over there because he'd be going stir crazy here and if he is goign to make a career of football, seems it won't be in Newcastle.

MFKS
15-02-2013, 04:16 PM
Heart nets big rise in followers
15 February 2013-AAP-AAP

Melbourne Heart has netted a big rise in its fan base after printing player Twitter handles on the backs of its club shirts.

Heart replaced player surnames - ordinarily emblazoned across the back of team shirts - with their Twitter usernames during Saturday's 2-0 victory over Perth Glory at AAMI Park.

It was part of an annual league-wide initiative in which clubs are allowed to wear a one-off "third strip", designed by fans.

By Thursday, 14 of Heart's senior players had netted a combined 1608 new Twitter followers - with each recording an average 15 per cent rise.

It's unclear precisely how much of the rise is directly attributable to the shirt initiative, which is believed to have been an Australian first.

But players who featured in the Perth clash have recorded a significant rise in followers including Australia winger Richard Garcia (216 new followers) and goalkeeper Andrew Redmayne (148 new followers).

A number of players not initially recorded in Heart's official statistics also secured large numbers of extra followers - including rising star David Vrankovic, who had an excellent game in defence against Perth.

But despite the apparent success of Melbourne Heart's initiative, other A-League clubs appear unlikely to follow suit - at least not any time soon.

Newcastle Jets was among a number of A-League clubs which said they have no current plans to copy the initiative.

"It was a great initiative of Melbourne Heart and they should be applauded for their creativity," a Jets spokesman added.

It's rare for football clubs to tinker with their shirt design, but a number have done so to link with social media promotions.

Mexican Liga MX outfit Jaguares Di Chiapas is believed to be the first to replace players' names with Twitter handles, having done so in 2011.

Spanish La Liga club Valencia had its club Twitter handle @valenciacf emblazoned across the front of its shirts in 2011.

It did so because the club didn't have a shirt sponsor at the time.

Another Spanish club, Sevilla, charged fans $32.75 in 2011 to have their Facebook profile pictures included on their shirts.

Meanwhile, Sydney FC is auctioning off the fan-designed club shirts its players wore on Sunday against Brisbane Roar.

The proceeds from the auction, on the club's website, are going to the city's Children's Medical Research Institute.

Where the **** is our colouring in comp to design our kit??

We could be back playing in thenavy/gold or even going KB Style on the HAL.

Biggest **** up by HSG ever.

More disgraceful than handing back licence, resigning GVE, employing Craig Deans, not signing Griff etc COMBINED

la bazzle
16-02-2013, 04:14 AM
Lol snake loves twitter

snake
16-02-2013, 10:20 AM
Lol snake loves twitter

i trust you made a multi of the same quality as daniel_grommbridge

belchardo
16-02-2013, 12:32 PM
Sydney FC has secured the services of Socceroos skipper Lucas Neill for the rest of the A-League season, according to News Limited reports.

Sydney's Daily Telegraph newspaper reported on its website that Neill should be free to take the field alongside fellow Socceroo Brett Emerton and Italian star Alessandro Del Piero on Sunday week against Melbourne Heart.

Neill, 34, had been linked with a move to the Heart earlier in the week after he was released by his United Arab Emirates club Al Wasl.

Australian captain Neill has made 89 appearances for the Socceroos and featured at two World Cups.

He spent six years with Millwall in England before stints at Blackburn, West Ham, Everton and Turkish club Galatasaray before moving to the Middle East with Al Jazira in 2011.

More to follow.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-02-16/heart-beaten-to-neill-by-sydney/4522906

westjet
16-02-2013, 12:53 PM

:wtf:
How is this possible - my assumption would be he will also sign for Sydney next year meaning they will have 4 marquees in del piero, emerton, carle and now neill -
good job ffa :banghead:

baldrick
16-02-2013, 12:58 PM
Not really football news, but at least the playing surface at Stadè de Hunter wont be (even more) ruined

GUNS N’ Roses’ upcoming concert at Hunter Stadium is moving indoors.

The Axl Rose-fronted US rock band was set to perform at the outdoor venue on March 13 but promoters today confirmed the show is being shifted to Newcastle Entertainment Centre.

The date remains unchanged.

A spokesperson for national tour promoter McManus Entertainment told the Newcastle Herald a statement would be released on Monday with further information and new details for ticketholders.

The concert’s Newcastle-based promoter RockCity Event Marketing could not comment on the matter.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1304388/guns-n-roses-concert-moves-indoors/?cs=2372

baldrick
16-02-2013, 01:00 PM

And wat.

belchardo
16-02-2013, 01:16 PM
:wtf:
How is this possible - my assumption would be he will also sign for Sydney next year meaning they will have 4 marquees in del piero, emerton, carle and now neill -
good job ffa :banghead:

well, he may not, pretty sure he still rates himself highly enough to pick up a contract in asia at the least next year.

also, with culina gone, neill would presumably pick up his portion of the salary cap.

ForeverRed
16-02-2013, 01:27 PM
I can see a bust up with Neil and Tiago

MFKS
16-02-2013, 01:32 PM
well, he may not, pretty sure he still rates himself highly enough to pick up a contract in asia at the least next year.

also, with culina gone, neill would presumably pick up his portion of the salary cap.

When you are rorting the salary cap the way Smurfs are why would it matter where Neills salary is coming from??

Pico
16-02-2013, 01:33 PM

Hardly big enough wages for a like for like switch with Australian captain for a bloke who hasn't played for what 2 years, please, more FFA blindness when it comes to SFC.

Not to mention they also signed that young striker from Wednesday just a few days ago, he'd be a much more likely like for like switch for culina.

Thomas477
16-02-2013, 01:38 PM
Hardly big enough wages for a like for like switch with Australian captain for a bloke who hasn't played for what 2 years, please, more FFA blindness when it comes to SFC.

Not to mention they also signed that young striker from Wednesday just a few days ago, he'd be a much more likely like for like switch for culina.

Ray Gatt, of the Australian, was reporting he was only being offered $50,000/year at Heart.

Pico
16-02-2013, 01:38 PM
Ken Boden: a league of his own
By ROBERT DILLON
Feb. 15, 2013, 10 p.m.

http://cdn.fairfaxregional.com.au/preview/c1200x678/storypad-5kfsp4NEeEvSvAN3kC8tUn/0f2ad411-5cb4-47dd-a6b1-2ab6ade89bcf.jpg
GIFTED: Kenny Boden on the attack for Newcastle’s KB United.

HE was perhaps the most improbable crowd favourite ever to grace the hallowed turf at Turton Road.

Unlike Andrew Johns and Craig Johnston, he was no home-grown world-beater.

Unlike Sir Bobby Charlton and Emile Heskey, his reputation did not precede him on the strength of his deeds in World Cups or for heavyweight English clubs.

Unlike Joel Griffiths, he did not leave a grand final triumph as a legacy to be savoured for years and decades to come.

But for those who saw him play, the name Ken Boden will always hold a special place in their hearts, evoking memories of spectacular goals, giant-killing wins and collective Novocastrian pride.

As Newcastle footballing doyen Ray Baartz told H2 this week: "He was a super player. He was a player who every time he got involved you would anticipate something happening, whether that was scoring a goal or beating a man.

"He was certainly a crowd favourite and deservedly so. I think he was the best player in the league during the time that he was with us."

Neither KB United officials nor Boden could have imagined the impact the mercurial midfielder from the north of England would have on the 1978 Phillips Soccer League.

At the time, he was a 28-year-old journeyman who had battled away in England's lower divisions with clubs like Hull City, S****horpe, Sheffield United, Matlock Town, Bridlington and Doncaster Rovers.

A mutual friend recommended him to KB's inaugural manager, Alan Vest, and it did not take much persuading for Boden and his wife Shirley to pack their bags for a two-year stint Down Under.

A painter and decorator in an era when players earned peanuts, Boden saved his real artistry for on the pitch.

In his two seasons with KB, he scored 26 goals in 52 games, including 14 in his first campaign, after which he received the league's Player of the Year award.

"You see players that come out here who've played at a higher level and they don't adjust," Baartz said.

"I guess he was just the perfect fit."

Boden became the drawcard as the best soccer crowds in Australia flocked to what was then known as the International Sports Centre.

As former Newcastle Herald scribe Neil Jameson recalled of the club's historic first game, a 4-1 loss to Hakoah Eastern Suburbs on March 5, 1978: "The official crowd figure was 15,000 but who knows how many crammed into the same joint which the Jets call home today. Later, officials found a hole in the fence big enough to drive a bus through."

The following season a league-record 18,367 flocked to watch KB play Sydney Olympic, hoping for their talismanic import to produce another moment or two of magic.

After two halcyon years, however, reality dawned. Financially embattled from the outset, KB were forced to sell Boden, collecting a $30,000 transfer fee when he signed a four-year deal with Sydney City.

Baartz said that in hindsight Boden's transfer "was the beginning of the end for KB United", who within two years folded and were replaced by Newcastle Rosebud.

After four years with Sydney City and half a season with Sydney Croatia, Boden finished his career, aged 40, playing State League in Perth, where he lives to this day.

"I told my wife we'll drive over and if we don't like Perth we can always come back," he recalled. "It took us a week to get here."

Boden's Australian adventure led to him becoming naturalised and playing in 26 games for the Socceroos, including 13 full internationals and a World Cup qualifier.

Twice he lined up against England, which he admitted was a surreal experience.

"We played them on the Sydney Cricket Ground," he said. "They started to play God Save the Queen and I almost started singing, but then I remembered I was playing for Australia."

Atter arriving in Perth in 1985, Boden and Shirley have happily settled, although they are pondering returning to England when he eventually hangs up the paintbrush and roller.

Next week, for the first time since he headed west, the 62-year-old will return to Newcastle for KB United's 35th-year reunion, which doubles as the Men of Football Hunter Chapter's annual get-together.

More than 140 footballing stalwarts - including former players and staff from the inaugural KB team - will gather for lunch and a few nostalgic beers at the Duke of Wellington Hotel on Friday, before making the short trek to Hunter Stadium to support their latter-day counterparts against Brisbane Roar.

The always-entertaining Mark Bosnich will be the compere.

"I'm looking forward to it," Boden said. "But it's been so long they won't recognise me."

Likewise, Baartz would not miss the occasion for quids.

Asked to reflect on his two years at KB United, Boden admitted it was his career highlight.

"I really enjoyed it," he said.

"It was new for everyone, wasn't it?
See your ad here

"Obviously if you play well and score a few goals, you're going to enjoy it. It was just sad I had to leave."

For the Novocastrian faithful, who adopted Ken Boden and loved him as one of their own, the feeling was mutual.

A small number of tickets are still available for next week's Men of Football lunch. Contact Bill Pryce (0421 203 629).

www.theherald.com.au/story/1302621/ken-boden-a-league-of-his-own/?cs=306

What ever happened to the jets potentially playing in a KB united kit for the old boys game. You'd think they would have held this to coincide with the old boys game vs wanders would have been good to see some of the blokes who might only make it to one event get to both.

Pico
16-02-2013, 01:43 PM
Ray Gatt, of the Australian, was reporting he was only being offered $50,000/year at Heart.

But the tele then claimed that a more lucrative deal came in from SFC, I just can't believe that with all these players they still have space to sign an australian captain, unless they are front loading his contract, but everyone always says that that is not allowed in the HAL, not that i see a problem with it.

De-Champ
16-02-2013, 02:31 PM
I'm just glad the Jets did not sign him. I have not seen him play a decent game since the national side in the world cup of 2006.

The Dunster
16-02-2013, 03:02 PM
I look forward to singing this:

He's slow
He's shit
He isn't even fit.
Lucas Neil. Lucas Neil

furns
16-02-2013, 03:10 PM
Good. Lucas and SFC deserve each other.

sammydog
16-02-2013, 03:15 PM
Not really football news, but at least the playing surface at Stadè de Hunter wont be (even more) ruined

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1304388/guns-n-roses-concert-moves-indoors/?cs=2372

That was always going to happen. No way was the stadium show going to sell out.

GazFish35
16-02-2013, 03:31 PM
At least josh Mitchell isn't the slowest centre back in the league anymore.

*FREE
16-02-2013, 04:38 PM
Good piece from Dillon on Boden.

As for Neill, we might talk shit now but he will still be the most experienced CB in the league. I expect him to do well for Sydney provided he doesn't suffer any major injuries. He will make the perfect captain for them as well which is what they need most right now.

Jetmaster
16-02-2013, 05:32 PM
Where to now for Snifflet ?

Premy
16-02-2013, 07:07 PM
Lucas is reportedly on a 10 game guess stint

Premy
16-02-2013, 07:08 PM
Therefore outside the cap

MFKS
16-02-2013, 08:30 PM
http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/179270_391074014321618_1987567732_n.png

Smurfs must have some type of inside knowledge on next seasons salary cap.

Can see the cap being raised to just over whatever Smurfs squad costs to assemble

Muswellbrookian
16-02-2013, 09:10 PM
He was never going to Heart.

Although I love a Smurfette salary cap conspiracy as much as the next guy, in this case I don't think they are rorting it. The thing that does amaze me, and always has, is how willing they are to release players and re-shuffle their squad in order to free up spaces. When they want someone, they make sure they can fit him in, then they go and get him - they don't pussyfoot around and make weak (i.e. "can't be f*cked") excuses like we do. Still not sure how they've managed to keep their squad within 23 this season, but hey...good on them. We should take a leaf out of their grubby book for once.

Also, good luck to McFlynn trying to keep the captaincy if Neill stays on next season.

sh10
16-02-2013, 10:24 PM
He was never going to Heart.

Im certain Slater knew he was going to Sydney FC last night too - kept tiptoeing the questions from Brenton Speed when discussing Heart signing him

Poshpom
17-02-2013, 12:16 AM
Im certain Slater knew he was going to Sydney FC last night too - kept tiptoeing the questions from Brenton Speed when discussing Heart signing him

Slater suggested it a couple of weeks ago in the Sunday Telegraph

Jetmaster
17-02-2013, 01:06 PM
Really over the SFC fapfest now to the point where I can't be arsed watching their games. Not so much because of the quality of their play, but the commentary of the Fox team. Bozza looked like the Cheshire Cat when talking about Neill signing...Mel, Slater, Speed, Harper and Hill all were getting off yesterday. Only Rudes put any questions on the move and he is the only one that actually played for the club.

I don't care about twisting the rules but if they line up with ADP, Emerton, Griffo, Carle and Neill next season the ethics of the salary cap are out the window.

Add to that the constant ADP propaganda (just give him the Tobin Medal now and be done with it !) and it is torture watching their games on TV.

Never thought I would say it but I would have SFC above the Gypos in my ranking of hate.

longshot
17-02-2013, 01:47 PM
Really over the SFC fapfest now to the point where I can't be arsed watching their games. Not so much because of the quality of their play, but the commentary of the Fox team. Bozza looked like the Cheshire Cat when talking about Neill signing...Mel, Slater, Speed, Harper and Hill all were getting off yesterday. Only Rudes put any questions on the move and he is the only one that actually played for the club.

I don't care about twisting the rules but if they line up with ADP, Emerton, Griffo, Carle and Neill next season the ethics of the salary cap are out the window.

Add to that the constant ADP propaganda (just give him the Tobin Medal now and be done with it !) and it is torture watching their games on TV.

Never thought I would say it but I would have SFC above the Gypos in my ranking of hate.

I totally agree with the above
The amount of biased from the fox for Shitney is sickening. (as well as the Gypos and the Tards) Harper just drools all over ADP. If he does something shit, he makes it into fantastic. No one else can do what he does etc etc. ADP is a great player, but his art of falling down is digusting and the refs need to do something about it. Harper says nothing but if another teams player was to do it, Harper would say that it boarders on cheating etc etc. AS far as ADP getting best player each game. you are right just give him the medal now. It was probably in his contract LOL.
The writing was on the board earlier this year when Goody and Griifo were Best on ground V Shitney and they gave it to ADP, everyone knew it was bullshit. Hope the pricks fail in making the finals.

GazFish35
17-02-2013, 02:24 PM
So who will gette Mott points from now on?

ADP: 3
Neil: 2

belchardo
17-02-2013, 02:30 PM
Mel...getting off

i'd watch that. so would you. :D

seldom
17-02-2013, 09:54 PM

i...come and join some of us oldies who've hated shitney long before scum were a seed in Arnies ballsack

pistolpete
17-02-2013, 09:56 PM
My hate of Sydney goes way back too. It's a deep down hatred I was born with, though I have learned to hate the mariners equally over the years

belchardo
18-02-2013, 10:19 PM
thank god. our cash problems are solved.

THE Knights cheerleaders and Jets dance crew will be clad in red, blue and pink next season following a sponsorship agreement with restaurant chain Hogs Breath Cafe.

The Newcastle Jets Adrenalin Dance Initiative will become the Hogs Breath Cafe Dance Crew for the 2013/14 A-League season and the Newcastle Knights Cheerleaders will be known as Hogs Breath Cafe Maidens during 2013.

Hogs Breath Cafe becomes the Newcastle Jets' third new sponsor.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1308575/new-sponsor-for-knights-and-jets/?cs=306

militiamon
18-02-2013, 10:49 PM
Hogs Breath Cafe Maidens, sexy.

boz-monaut
18-02-2013, 10:51 PM
Hogs Breath Cafe truly is the place where sexy people eat

q-money
18-02-2013, 11:14 PM
do u want 2 c my curly fry babes

Premy
18-02-2013, 11:29 PM
Just started a new thread NSW Festival of Football keen to know your thoughts?

terry
19-02-2013, 12:06 AM

shitney have always been the lowest kuntz, coasties second

Pico
19-02-2013, 08:31 AM
'Ban soccer thugs for life': Premier Ted Baillieu says

Matt Johnston, Adrian Ballantyne
News Limited Network
February 18, 2013 11:20AM

SOCCER thugs should be banned from the sport for life if they repeatedly misbehave, Ted Baillieu says.

And recent violent outbreaks at soccer matches have been described by the Premier as "absolute acts of bastardry".

A police officer was punched during Saturday night's match between Melbourne Victory and the Western Sydney Wanderers, which was also marred by dozens of hooligans and saw police use capsicum spray.

Police have revealed that many trouble-makers are "known" to them and will be targeted in the future if they misbehave.

Launching a new television advertisement to raise awareness of an anti-violence campaign, Mr Baillieu called for clubs to do as much as possible to crack down on hooligans.

"To work with Victoria Police to identify anybody who commits these absolute acts of bastardry and thuggery and get them out of our grounds, get them out of our game, and restore sport in soccer fields to a level of dignity," he said.

"Any more that the clubs can do, should be done.''

Clubs should act to ensure thugs acting in this way "do not get in the gate", he said.
Mr Baillieu, who is a Melbourne Victory member and a self-confessed sports fan, said: "I absolutely deplore what I have seen".

"They have demonstrated an ugly, ugly side, which we don't want to have any part of in this country, and certainly not in this state," he said.

"It's completely foreign to the basis... of sports culture in Victoria.

"You probably have to be a psychiatrist to understand the motive of some of these people, but the anecdotal evidence I have seen myself is... there are some people who go to the game to do just that - they have precious little interest in the sport."

"It is just digraceful."

He said if this behaviour continues, "there's a problem".

"These people have got to be out of the (grounds), never get in," he said.

"Not banned for six months, twelve months - never get in.

"Keep them away from sport.

"I think we need a lot more attention on who these people are."

Deputy Commissioner Graham Ashton said that Victoria Police was assessing plans to run targeted operations at soccer matches, using intelligence gathered in recent weeks from an ``escalating series of violent actions".

"Those particular people of late, have been coming in, just as the premier said, not to actually watch the soccer but these are people who are known to us through other activities that are coming in to try to incite unlawful activity," he said.

"We do know a lot of these people and we have got to know them better in the last couple of weeks."

Some of the people that were known to police had disrupted other "public events", he said.

This morning, North West Metro region Inspector Geoff Colsell said a group of spectators who call themselves Horda were seemingly attempting to recreate the notorious soccer hooliganism of the 1980s with their latest behaviour.

"It's concerning for us but we've been working with all the stakeholders to try to resolve it, but as I say it's just this one sub-group, this ultra group," Inspector Colsell told 3AW.

“It's just not all the active Victory supporters, it’s just one sub-group really that's a concern to us," he said.

"I'm just starting to understand soccer, but I think they're trying to emulate some of the soccer antics of the '80s with this sort of behaviour."

"That's their clear intention. They just go out to cause trouble."

But it was Western Sydney supporters who were to blame for a number of flares being released throughout the game, Insp Colsell said.

Two women were treated for smoke inhalation as a result.

"The flares were set off in the Wester Sydney quadrant for active supporters down there."

Insp Colsell said things became ugly on Saturday night when police stepped in to help stadium security guards who were being targeted by supporters.

"The crowd surged towards a security guard or some security personnel."

"Police intervened, obviously, to support the security and then the crowd then turned on the police and we had to deploy OC foam."

Insp Colsell said police were considering increasing fines for unruly behaviour at soccer matches in a bid to stamp it out

At least they are not accusing all fans of being hooligans now, progress?

Pico
19-02-2013, 08:34 AM
Football Federation Australia struggling to find ground to host A-League grand final

Tom Smithies
The Daily Telegraph
February 19, 2013 12:00AM

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2013/02/18/1226580/619725-allianz-stadium-western-sydney-wanderers.jpg
Western Sydney Wanderers supporters may be forced to travel to Allianz Stadium should their team make the finals. Picture: Mark Evans Source: The Daily Telegraph

FOOTBALL Federation Australia faces a huge headache for the A-League grand final because three of the most likely venues are unavailable for the game's showpiece event on the weekend of April 20-21.

ANZ Stadium, the MCG and Etihad Stadium are all fully booked both days thanks to Van Halen and Billy Joel playing on consecutive nights at Sydney's Olympic Park and AFL games at both Melbourne venues.

Allianz Stadium and the SCG are available on both days, but both host games on the Friday night that would have implications for the quality of surface. The Waratahs play at Allianz, while the Swans are at the SCG at almost exactly the same time.

Similarly, Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane would be available on the Sunday of that weekend, but only after hosting the Queensland Reds the day before on a pitch already attracting negative commentary for its poor quality.

The A-League finals are a major cash cow for FFA, which keeps all the ticket revenue. The last four grand finals - two each in Melbourne and Brisbane - have averaged almost 50,000.

With ANZ seemingly not an option, a home final for the Wanderers would present FFA with a huge dilemma because Parramatta Stadium holds only 20,000.

But supporters would find the alternative, playing the game across town at Allianz Stadium, difficult to swallow.

Under the revamped finals rules this year, any of the top five teams could host the grand final if they are the highest-placed team to reach it.The truncated finals program means that team will only be known on the Sunday evening before the grand final, giving the host stadium six or seven days to be ready.

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2013/02/18/1226580/658652-a-league-grand-final-grounds.jpg
Source: The Daily Telegraph

FFA will decide the host ground based on availability and also who the opposition are. It's understood that FFA had been looking at playing the game at ANZ if it were to involve any two of the Wanderers, Mariners and/or Sydney FC. But an ANZ spokesman confirmed the music events could not be shifted.

A spokesman for Allianz Stadium confirmed they would be happy to host the game - and having the Waratahs and Swans play potentially the night before "would not be a problem at all".

"We've hosted events on two or even three consecutive days many times before," the spokesman said. "It will have no logistical impact, and we'd be delighted to host the Wanderers too. It's the perfect venue for a grand final."

Adelaide are the only other interstate team with a realistic possibility of hosting the decider. AAMI Park is the only option bigger than Hindmarsh Stadium because Adelaide Oval will be in the middle of resurfacing work.

Can't wait to see the reaction if WSW get the final and they have to play at the SFS.

Pico
19-02-2013, 08:38 AM
Michael Bridges back in favour at Newcastle Jets

Barry Toohey
The Daily Telegraph
February 19, 2013 12:00AM

SKILFUL Newcastle Jets playmaker Michael Bridges has forced a rethink within the club about his playing future only a few weeks after being told he wasn't wanted for next season.

In a prime example of the fickle nature of professional sport, Bridges is back in favour again on the strength of his rousing 66-minute stint in the Jets' 2-0 win over Melbourne Heart last Friday.

Making his first starting appearance in almost 12 months, the popular 34-year-old Englishman was given a huge home crowd reception.

And he didn't disappoint, helping to spark Newcastle's stuttering attack before earning a well-earned rest deep into the second half.

There are no guarantees yet about a new deal and all will hinge on how he performs during the run-in to the play-offs. But it's understood the Jets are now open-minded at the very least about the possibility of extending his contract.

Jets CEO Robbie Middleby was not keen to speculate yesterday on what may or may not happen with Bridges going forward.

But a Jets source confirmed the door was no longer completely closed to him staying on as a player.

"He might put some pressure on now if he keeps playing like that," he said.

Jets coach Gary van Egmond said the same squad who took care of the Heart will line in another vital clash against Brisbane Roar on Friday night.

New midfield signing Zenon Caravella, outstanding in his first starting game for the club, believes the Jets' new-look team and structure that worked so well against Heart is the way forward for the club.

"I've only just come in three weeks ago but look, it felt like it was a good formation. It just felt right on the field," he said.

"But there are a lot of very good players in the team so if you get another player to come into the team and play in that formation, I'm sure they would do a good job."

Jets assistant coach Craig Deans emphasised the need to back up Friday's win with another strong performance.

Would much rather see Cooper get more game time, all signing bridges would do is push his development back another 12 months.

Thomas477
19-02-2013, 09:22 AM
Would much rather see Cooper get more game time, all signing bridges would do is push his development back another 12 months.

It may well, but if he can still perform at the level he did last week, why is this a bad thing? People have been having a go at GvE for having this season as a development season, now you're suggesting we spend another season developing a player in one of the more important roles in our team? He's only 19, so 1 more season playing youth league and coming off the bench won't ruin him.

pv4
19-02-2013, 09:48 AM
what i would suggest is we remove bridges, free up a squad (and visa) spot, actually use our australian marquee spot (which we should have the funds set aside from this year still available amirite) on a vidosic-esque player (or on a defender, and get an import as #10 that is actually good rather than the guys gve brings in then doesn't use), and rather than waste our substitute spot on a formerly-retired mid 30 year old, give the young guy his 20 mins of a go.

another season in the yoof won't hurt the likes of cooper/etc in terms of development - but it will hurt their desire to stick around. and at the end of next season if cooper's fed up with the lack of man management, lack of opportunities, etc & decides to go to another team, and then bridges (assuming he's re-signed & is used how you want him to) retires due to his legs giving way - we're without both players. yoof development means sfa if you're going to nurture them for another team to grab them when they're actually getting good.

Tommyjet
19-02-2013, 11:17 AM
How about we wait a few weeks and see if bridges can string a few decent games together before we even consider him for another season, one reasonably solid performance means nothing if it doesn't happen consistently, in my opinion he can't afford too many average performances at his age. Played well in combination with other factors last week, I hope sincerely he brings it consistently

MFKS
19-02-2013, 12:24 PM
Part of me can't wait to we loose next just so GVE can **** this **** off. Hopefully the Egg sees the light this weekend and goes for someone like Coops who is more mobile against the Roar and drops Bridges.

Tommyjet
19-02-2013, 01:48 PM
Part of me can't wait to we loose next just so GVE can **** this **** off. Hopefully the Egg sees the light this weekend and goes for someone like Coops who is more mobile against the Roar and drops Bridges.

Come on, let the bridgy brigade have their 2 seconds of glory before reality eventually hits

Jeterpool
19-02-2013, 04:07 PM
Although they were up by a goal, the Revs continued to put pressure on New York well into the second half. Solid shifts from Bilal Duckett, Matt Horth, Andy Dorman, and Juan Toja all contributed to the Revolution's second-half dominance. Toja, in particular, was highly active and made himself a real nuisance for the New York midfield. In the 88th minute, Australian trialist Marko Jesic connected with Toja on a Revolution counter-attack and sealed the deal with a 3rd unanswered goal. Jesic, not unlike Donnie Smith, is certainly making a case for himself with his production thus far in the Desert Diamond Cup and it stands to reason that Jay Heaps and his staff will be looking long and hard at the striker/winger as they finalize their 30-man roster for the upcoming season.

http://www.thebentmusket.com/2013/2/18/4000848/new-england-revolution-new-york-red-bulls-2013-mls-tucson-juninho-jesic-bengtson-nguyen

One of the quotes at the bottom said that his effort in the match had earned him a contract.

Good for him if so.

The Dunster
19-02-2013, 04:24 PM
Jesic is a very talented footballer and a nice bloke as well. Best of luck to him.

My2BobsWorth
19-02-2013, 04:40 PM

Only part of you? lool

Raw Boned Youngster
19-02-2013, 06:11 PM
No doubting that Cooper has some genuine promise, but the class / brains / guile of Bridges means that He should play. This mobility focus, that the Member mentions, has been the contributing factor to the Jets' and Egg Head's shortcomings. We have looked like a rudderless rabble for the majority of t he year and it is no coincidence that our best and most controlled performance to date coincided with the inclusion of Taggart and Bridges in the front third. Mobility is great if it is packaged with some footy smarts. bridges in.

stopper2
19-02-2013, 07:01 PM
Pretty pathetic scenario really....give Bridges the rest of the season to see if he performs and maybe offer him another contract!
He has played what 180 minutes all season and now with a few games to go we will test him out to see if he is good enough for next season. No wonder this club has been amongst the also-rans for 5 seasons in a row.

q-money
19-02-2013, 07:03 PM
http://www.thebentmusket.com/2013/2/18/4000848/new-england-revolution-new-york-red-bulls-2013-mls-tucson-juninho-jesic-bengtson-nguyen

One of the quotes at the bottom said that his effort in the match had earned him a contract.

Good for him if so.
deadset one of the softest goals you will ever see

My2BobsWorth
19-02-2013, 07:08 PM
Pretty pathetic scenario really....give Bridges the rest of the season to see if he performs and maybe offer him another contract!
He has played what 180 minutes all season and now with a few games to go we will test him out to see if he is good enough for next season. No wonder this club has been amongst the also-rans for 5 seasons in a row.

Brown took up most of the season, that's why we are where we are, it's simple really

stopper2
19-02-2013, 09:03 PM
Brown took up most of the season, that's why we are where we are, it's simple really
....and Griff for large chunks of the season.
That's right it's not Bridges or Brown's fault that we are at this stage of the season and yet to have someone who "owns" the #10 role, there is only one person to blame for this.

matty666
19-02-2013, 09:36 PM
I agree griff has been in terrible form this season, maybe if egg head spent as much time with bernardo is what he did with brown we wouldn be in the same predicament as last year

MFKS
19-02-2013, 09:50 PM
Only part of you? lool

I don't wish to see us lose generally speaking. My disgust at Bridges sees me partially wanting us just to loose just so I can see the back of him when GVE writes him off as a failure.

That being said I will be expecting us to try to win every game this season safe in the knowledge that as soon as we lose Bridges is out on his ear

MFKS
19-02-2013, 09:52 PM
No doubting that Cooper has some genuine promise, but the class / brains / guile of Bridges means that He should play. This mobility focus, that the Member mentions, has been the contributing factor to the Jets' and Egg Head's shortcomings. We have looked like a rudderless rabble for the majority of t he year and it is no coincidence that our best and most controlled performance to date coincided with the inclusion of Taggart and Bridges in the front third. Mobility is great if it is packaged with some footy smarts. bridges in.

I would also offer our best attacking moves actually came after Bridges was taken off and Coops brought on. Coops contribution saw us create as much in 25 mins as we seen in Bridges 65 mins

Pico
20-02-2013, 08:22 AM
Nathan Tinkler settles Newcastle Knights tax bill

Andrew Carswell
The Daily Telegraph
February 20, 2013 12:00AM

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2012/12/15/1226537/273203-tinkler.jpg
Embattled Newcastle Knights and Jets owner Nathan Tinkler. Source: The Daily Telegraph

NATHAN Tinkler will keep his most beloved toy - the Newcastle Knights.

The coal baron is believed to have paid off a substantial chunk of his company's tax debt to the Australian Tax Office, saving himself from being removed as owner of the NRL club.

In an 11th-hour breakthrough, sources close to the deal confirmed to The Daily Telegraph that "the Knights matter had been settled" after a confidential deal was reached over the $1.424 million the club owed the tax office.

However, Tinkler is still refusing to pay the $1.063 million the ATO says is owed by the Newcastle Jets and the $184,257 said to be owed by his umbrella company, Hunter Sports Group.

Last night he remained in negotiation with the ATO over the extent of those tax bills. Tinkler is understood to be keen to pay the bill, and has the cash. He is merely disputing the exact dollar figure.

That matter will be heard in the Federal Court in Sydney today, when it is understood an adjournment will be sought to continue negotiations.

Both the ATO and a representative of the Hunter Sports Group refused to comment last night.

While the NRL club was never in jeopardy of collapsing under the weight of the debt, the payment of the tax bill will be greeted with cheers at the Knights given Tinkler's popularity with fans and the club's administration.

Under a series of terms written into Tinkler's privatisation of the Knights in 2011, the former billionaire funded a $20 million guarantee with Westpac to be used by the club in the event his business empire collapsed and he failed to meet his obligations.

Among the obligations was that he provide $10 million in sponsorship, a $2.5 million investment in junior development, and enough working capital to ensure financial stability.

If Tinkler and his Hunter Sports Group had failed in their commitment, a certainty if the ATO had successfully wound up the Knights, the Members Club board had the capacity to buy back control of the club for $1 and lay claim to the $20 million.

However, last month an independent audit found Tinkler met all of those first-year obligations, a decision that immediately freed up $9.7 million from that bank guarantee, giving him the flexibility to pay his tax debts.

Tinkler's Hunter Sports Group owns 99 per cent of Newcastle Knights Pty Ltd, and 100 per cent of A-League club Newcastle Jets.

Hopefully this is resolved soon, wonder what the herald will say about this development.

cobra23
20-02-2013, 10:01 AM
I would also offer our best attacking moves actually came after Bridges was taken off and Coops brought on. Coops contribution saw us create as much in 25 mins as we seen in Bridges 65 mins

MFKS - Cooper = MANCRUSH

MFKS
20-02-2013, 12:42 PM
MFKS - Cooper = MANCRUSH

Shouldn't that REALLY be

MFKS - Kale = MANCRUSH???

I rate Coops as a player and think he will be a ****ing star for our club. I spend more time Fapping about Kale though

MFKS
20-02-2013, 12:53 PM
:
The Supreme Court has dismissed two tax debt cases against former billionaire Nathan Tinkler’s sports interests, including the Newcastle Knights, after settlements were reached between the parties.

In the court in Sydney today the Australian Taxation Office cases against the Knights and Mr Tinkler’s Hunter Sports Group were dismissed ‘‘on the basis an accommodation has been reached’’.

But a third tax debt case involving the Newcastle Jets soccer club was adjourned until April 5 along with four other actions being taken against Mr Tinkler by private businesses.

According to documents filed in the Federal Court in Sydney, the Knights owed more than $1.4 million to the tax office, the Jets owed just over $1 million, while Hunter Sports Group was $184,000 in the red.

Today’s dismissal of the case against the Knights dispels fears over the club’s future.
See your ad here

The ATO had applied for the Knights, the Jets and the Hunter Sports Group to be wound up due to unpaid debts.

The lawyer acting for Mr Tinkler had little to say outside court but did indicate negotiations were continuing with the ATO over the Jets tax debt.

The court ordered that in the cases of the two dismissed actions, the defendants pay the ATO $4538 in costs for each case.

AAP

TINKS once again laying the smackethdown to the ATO. Love this bloke.:lulzturtle::lulzturtle::lulzturtle::lulztur tle:

De-Champ
20-02-2013, 01:34 PM
:

TINKS once again laying the smackethdown to the ATO. Love this bloke.:lulzturtle::lulzturtle::lulzturtle::lulztur tle:

What makes you say that. It was an out of court settlement.