PDA

View Full Version : Daily Australian News Thread 2013

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12

q-money
30-07-2013, 04:06 PM
did nae listen to it, but reports from the giant cry-baby sphere (twitter) say that GVE is supposedly looking at a european centre back of excellent pedigree

which could mean anything

russjaybee
30-07-2013, 04:08 PM
Ljubo returning then?

pv4
30-07-2013, 04:12 PM
Ljubo is playing in the Melbourne state league currently, and from all reports is cruising it.

furns
30-07-2013, 04:12 PM
we can only hope

needs moar truth bombs

q-money
30-07-2013, 04:13 PM
ljubes was on street talk the other week on the afl footy show :rof:

since joining melbourne craysha they have had 4 clean sheets

the most cultured player we have ever had

Zico
30-07-2013, 04:40 PM
Ljubo is playing in the Melbourne state league currently, and from all reports is cruising it.
So much for his rant that he will never play in this racist country again :whistling:

GazFish35
30-07-2013, 04:55 PM
he said sorry.
we need to move on.
so he can come back.

might need to wait till Bridges retires though.

pv4
30-07-2013, 04:59 PM
he said sorry.
we need to move on.
so he can come back.

might need to wait till Bridges retires though.

Ljubes back. Bridges gone.

Don't tease me!

My2BobsWorth
30-07-2013, 05:16 PM
Ljubo would want Bridgey in the team

pv4
30-07-2013, 05:39 PM

:rof: are you going to tell us he'd want Kevin muscat as our coach at the same time?

Bon
30-07-2013, 06:13 PM
:rof: are you going to tell us he'd want Kevin muscat as our coach at the same time?

Could old Devon-Head really be much worse than Egg-Head?

parksey
30-07-2013, 11:48 PM
would jump at the chance to have musky as player/coach if i were middleby

GazFish35
31-07-2013, 12:29 AM

I'll assume you're joking.

Jetmaster
31-07-2013, 09:14 AM
Won't happen. Bridgey will be there in some capacity even after he retires - it would be hard for them to reconcile after what went down.

Jetmaster
31-07-2013, 09:17 AM
Today's Herald..

Taggart vows to step up

By JAMES GARDINER
July 30, 2013, 11:38 p.m.

ADAM Taggart has scored more goals for the Socceroos than he has for the Newcastle Jets.
See your ad here

It is a statistic which does not sit well with the emerging striker and one he is determined to correct.

Taggart and Jets teammates Ruben Zadkovich, Josh Brillante, Craig Goodwin and Mark Birighitti returned yesterday from South Korea after the Soccceroos' failed East Asia Cup campaign.

The 20-year-old added to his goal tally with a consolation tap-in in the 4-3 loss to China in the final game.

The late strike took his international haul to three, one more than he has scored in 19 appearances for the Jets.

Before the call-up to a largely A-League-based development Socceroos squad, Taggart played a leading role for the Young Socceroos at the FIFA under-20 World Cup in Turkey.

"Being involved in another [international] tournament was a great experience and learning curve to help me bring something back to Newcastle," said Taggart, who along with the other Socceroos has been given a week off to freshen up.

"It's a big season for me.

"You have to go back to the A-League and show everyone why you are a Socceroo.

"You are not just a player in the A-League making up the numbers. You have represented your country and there is a responsibility you have to carry in the A-League."

Taggart's approach is one coach Gary van Egmond wants all the national team representatives to adopt.

"Age-wise you can say we have some boys who are fairly young," he said.

"But from an experience point of view they are not young. They need to come back and really stand up.

"I'm looking to them for leadership, not so much in a talking way but by example.

"When you have been in that type of environment and come back, the challenge is not only for the ones coming back from the Socceroos in regards to what their standards are, but also from the group here to lift the standard."

Taggart, who joined the Jets from Perth, had limited opportunities last season.

He was used mainly off the bench and most of his nine starts were in a wide role.

The new season has brought a change in formation. The Jets will again deploy a three-man strike force but in closer proximity.

"We will play a little bit more narrow," van Egmond said.

"It is about trying to get people in and around Emile [Heskey].

"Taggs had a chequered start to the season last year with commitments to the Young Socceroos, injuries and a few personal issues.

"He has gotten over all that and is very, very focused for this year.

"It is a year where he needs to play regular football and really cement himself as a player who has made the leap from juniors to seniors."

The likely change in formation to a 3-4-3 was welcomed with open arms by Taggart who is far more comfortable in a central role.

"As soon as I heard about it I was excited," he said.

"It is a position I would be more suited too.

"With someone like Emile, and now we have Nathan Burns, they are great players.
See your ad here

"If there is a spot available to slip into that front three it would be fantastic and a massive opportunity to really perform.

"I am feeling pretty confident about this season, especially with the squad we have.

"For me personally, I want to establish myself in the A-League and state something."

A front trio of Burns, Heskey and Taggart is appealing - mind you GVE has to adopt that plan immediately, and then stick with it !

Jetmaster
31-07-2013, 09:19 AM
Also....

Hoole staying cool despite rapid rise

By JAMES GARDINER
July 30, 2013, 11:38 p.m.

THIS time last year Andrew Hoole was playing for the Jets youth team and was one of six players drafted into the State League select side for a trial against the A-League squad.
See your ad here

Since then the Broadmeadow Magic product has made his A-League debut, was one of the Young Socceroos' best at the FIFA under-20 World Cup and was on the cusp of a senior call-up until a minor knee injury sustained at a Socceroos training camp before the East Asia Cup.

Tonight he will start at right wingback for the Jets against Northern's best at Jack McLaughlan Oval (6.30pm).

"He has had an amazing rise," Jets coach Gary van Egmond said of the 19-year-old. "But he is not getting ahead of himself. He has his head down and is working hard.

"He knows he has some work to do."

Van Egmond has trialed a new formation in the pre-season, switching from a 4-3-3 system they deployed last campaign to a 3-4-3 with two wingbacks.

Hoole made his A-League debut at right fullback and was also used in midfield but van Egmond believes he is best suited to wingback.

"I think it's an ideal position for him," van Egmond said.

The match is the Jets' third pre-season hit-out and follows 3-0 wins over Lake Macquarie and Weston. Hoole and Ben Kennedy, who will play off the bench in his return from a knee injury, are the only additions to the squad that beat Weston.
See your ad here

The Jets' five Socceroos returned yesterday but have been given the week off.

Michael Bridges (calf) and Zenon Caravella (calf) are back running but won't rejoin the main group until next week.

Emile Heskey is set to arrive next week after playing in Liverpool's testimonial game for Steven Gerrard against Greek side Olympiakos at Anfield on Saturday night.

Look like Heskey will be back after all with the transfer window closing soon.

belchardo
31-07-2013, 10:26 AM
Key word there is "set".

besides, GVE and middleby will just give him away in the January window after he's banged in 15 goals for us for a huge transfer fee they won't reveal.

31-07-2013, 10:43 AM
Today's Herald..

A front trio of Burns, Heskey and Taggart is appealing - mind you GVE has to adopt that plan immediately, and then stick with it !

Nup. Will prove productive only then for GVE to proceed with his tinkering policy and all goes to the shithouse after that.

plague
31-07-2013, 11:34 AM
if i were middleby

Why would you wish that on yourself?
Dead set, just go hit yourself in the head with a hammer a few times. That will give you an idea on how the bloke thinks.

Middleby OUT.

My2BobsWorth
31-07-2013, 05:47 PM
Won't happen. Bridgey will be there in some capacity even after he retires - it would be hard for them to reconcile after what went down.

I knew he had a run in with just about everyone in the team, but I couldn't remember one with Bridgey, so I googled. What a tosser

seldom
31-07-2013, 06:12 PM
I knew he had a run in with just about everyone in the team, but I couldn't remember one with Bridgey, so I googled. What a tosser
Your right Bridges is a tosser....Bring back Lubes I say...place has been fvcked since his departure

furns
01-08-2013, 03:27 AM
Why would you wish that on yourself?
Dead set, just go hit yourself in the head with a hammer a few times. That will give you an idea on how the bloke thinks.

Middleby OUT.Met him then?

GazFish35
01-08-2013, 07:39 AM
ADAM Taggart has scored more goals for the Socceroos than he has for the Newcastle Jets.

At one stage he had more starts too.

Pico
01-08-2013, 08:00 AM
Western Sydney Wanderers want more seats at Parramatta Stadium before A-League season kickoff

WANDERERS chairman Lyall Gorman believes there is a "50-50" chance of adding extra seats to Parramatta Stadium before the A-League season kicks off in October, as memberships climb inexorably towards the figures mooted for a reluctant cap.

By yesterday Western Sydney had sold 14,285 memberships, all full-price season tickets, and the club is hurriedly working out a figure at which no more will be issued - somewhere between 15,000 and 16,000.

But that could rise if an extra 4000 seats are added to Parramatta Stadium, and the club is meeting almost daily with venue and government officials to make it happen.

The Parramatta Eels' last game at the stadium will be on the weekend of August 20. And with the NRL side certain not to make the finals, in theory it leaves a two-month window to put new seating in.

"It's a remarkable opportunity but it's not without its challenges," Gorman said yesterday.

"There are multiple questions to answer. Is a DA required? What kind of seating do we go for. How temporary?

"In the Bundesliga in Germany, they've had great success with standing active areas, where the seats fold up and effectively become rails. So that's one area to explore.

"But however it's done, it has to be the right long-term solution, pending any substantial upgrade of the stadium."

Gorman said that while A-League regulations stipulate only 200 seats have to be set aside for away fans, corporate requirements and the desire to allow new fans to attend games meant a cap would be required - possibly at 18,000 if the extra seating is installed.

"There is no doubt this club will outgrow the venue as it is," Gorman said, suggesting that "getting it to somewhere around 30,000 to 35,000 would be appropriate.

"But for now we're working with Venues NSW, the government and the stadium to see if it's possible to make changes before the start of next season and get those extra 4000 seats in."

Meanwhile, defender Reece Caira has been granted a release by the Wanderers to sign with Wellington Phoenix.The 20-year-old made only two appearances last season after joining from Aston Villa.

Amazing what a federal election can do for you. Can't see them getting kombi seating as a temporary measure, don't think it would stack up and would take too long to complete.

Jetmaster
01-08-2013, 10:16 AM
I think they should be careful, they have had one season...let's see how they are pulling crowds after 2-3 seasons when the honeymoon period is over.

It could be they do end up with 20,000 members every year, but let's see how they go when results go wrong, Poppa leaves, financial difficulties et al before making long term decisions on stadia.

belchardo
01-08-2013, 10:47 AM
I think they should be careful, they have had one season...let's see how they are pulling crowds after 2-3 seasons when the honeymoon period is over.

It could be they do end up with 20,000 members every year, but let's see how they go when results go wrong, Poppa leaves, financial difficulties et al before making long term decisions on stadia.

this is exactly the right time to be pushing for stadium upgrades. healthy crowds, impending election, why wouldn't they push? they're not going to be footing the bill.

plague
01-08-2013, 11:41 AM
this is exactly the right time to be pushing for stadium upgrades. healthy crowds, impending election, why wouldn't they push? they're not going to be footing the bill.

Every single bit of this.
Leverage is everything in negotiations.

plague
01-08-2013, 11:43 AM
Met him then?
Parksey or Middleby?

I've met neither but I'd definitely buy one of them a beer.
The other I would buy a turd sandwich in return for what he's served up over the last few years.

De-Champ
01-08-2013, 01:38 PM
Parksey or Middleby?

I've met neither but I'd definitely buy one of them a beer.
The other I would buy a turd sandwich in return for what he's served up over the last few years.
It seems to me you (and a few others) have a beef with Middleby.
He is only a figurehead, he has no real power to do or not do anything.

plague
01-08-2013, 02:44 PM

There is a thread with plenty of my thoughts on Middleby already running so won't go over them again.
Suffice to say I don't agree that he's just a figurehead. He puts his name on all this shit so he has to own it.
I sure as hell wouldn't work in an organization where I was some sort of whipping boy for everyone else's **** ups.
(Google: Springfield/Nuclear/Tibor).

leftrightout
01-08-2013, 03:03 PM
There is a thread with plenty of my thoughts on Middleby already running so won't go over them again.
Suffice to say I don't agree that he's just a figurehead. He puts his name on all this shit so he has to own it.
I sure as hell wouldn't work in an organization where I was some sort of whipping boy for everyone else's **** ups.
(Google: Springfield/Nuclear/Tibor).

Haha good old Tibor!

Premy
01-08-2013, 04:38 PM
http://m.442.com.au/News/Article.aspx?CIID=351969
Ljubo is sorry

q-money
01-08-2013, 04:51 PM
i forgive you ljubo

Thomas477
01-08-2013, 05:16 PM
Come back Ljubo and deliver us from Middleby.

plague
01-08-2013, 05:36 PM
Blokes got nothing to be sorry for. He just wanted to win and do his best for his clubs.
No harm in that.
Good to see him happy.

OmeletteDuFromage
01-08-2013, 06:00 PM
@SocStoppageTime: #SST Scoop: Brendon Santalab has signed with @ALeague new boys @wswanderersfc

militiamon
01-08-2013, 07:53 PM
Blokes got nothing to be sorry for. He just wanted to win and do his best for his clubs.
No harm in that.
Good to see him happy.

Well said. Just living life like that quote q-man had in his sig.

My2BobsWorth
01-08-2013, 08:19 PM
Didn't he walk out on the Jets and refuse to play the last game, feining injury

militiamon
01-08-2013, 08:21 PM
I don't remember such a thing ever taking place.

Jetmaster
01-08-2013, 09:07 PM
Yeah - I have a video still with him at Jets training a few years ago..."all the anger is behind me, I just want to play football".

Fair enough get stuck into Bridgey and Kasey as they are big enough and ugly enough to take it - but to abuse their wives ??

Good riddance dude though I really do hope you find peace and what you are looking for in life - you are a great talent.

leftrightout
01-08-2013, 09:12 PM
@SocStoppageTime: #SST Scoop: Brendon Santalab has signed with @ALeague new boys @wswanderersfc

Thought he was pretty terrible years ago in a-league. But didn't he score a butt load of goals in china or something?

militiamon
01-08-2013, 10:18 PM
You'd think that but he also managed to pull out the odd wonder goal here and there. Won goal of the season back in the day iirc.

Either way I can see SFC fans being annoyed by it, good result.

hawk
02-08-2013, 09:45 PM
http://m.442.com.au/News/Article.aspx?CIID=351969
Ljubo is sorry

He's opened up fair enough but he'll always have that angry streak cause its in built. yoga and all that other crap is a temporary measure

Premy
02-08-2013, 10:41 PM
He's opened up fair enough but he'll always have that angry streak cause its in built. yoga and all that other crap is a temporary measure

I love how much the reporter gets out of "how's it going Ljubo"

seldom
03-08-2013, 12:39 AM
The guy can play...we need a CB...what's the holdup FFS

sammydog
03-08-2013, 12:56 AM
When you burn your bridges on the way out you don't often get a second chance in any profession.

Grimario
03-08-2013, 12:57 AM
When you burn your bridges on the way out you don't often get a second chance in any profession.

Was Micky out for 6-8 weeks afterwards?

sammydog
03-08-2013, 12:58 AM

After speaking with Middleby several times recently about a lot of issues, I am less and less inclined to listen to anything on this forum.

sammydog
03-08-2013, 12:59 AM
Was Micky out for 6-8 weeks afterwards?

Fair play sir, I tried to word that post so many ways to remove the reference to the other Bridges, and without getting obscure I couldn't do it.

03-08-2013, 02:23 AM
After speaking with Middleby several times recently about a lot of issues, I am less and less inclined to listen to anything on this forum.

The best way to judge a person's work performance is to ask yourself if they would be sought after by another mob for an identical role, in Middleby's case i think not.

And if he is just a figurehead then perhaps he should just f&*k off and stop taking money under false pretences, his hands should be shaking every payday.

Was a shit player and an even worse sports administrator. Who else in there right mind would bring the muppet back let alone an extension without having earnt it.

Other clubs would kill for the kinda dosh the big fella has provided us. Between Palmer and Middleby they have got S.F.A to show for it.

Jeterpool
03-08-2013, 07:55 AM

Interested to hear more if you can share it sammydog. It would provide some balance back to the discussion.

Premy
03-08-2013, 08:35 AM
Fair play sir, I tried to word that post so many ways to remove the reference to the other Bridges, and without getting obscure I couldn't do it.

If I didn't already know who you are I would of asked if that was you Robbie? End of the day results speak for themselves and since his arrival we have gone backwards. Sure the jets have laid down some great foundations at grassroots and youth level and those benefits will be reaped in years to come and will be their long after Middelby is gone. BUT!!! 1st team results should always be the priority it's no good producing good players if you can't transfer that into silverware (just look at west ham). We have been a long way of the top teams for a few years just scrapping into the top 6 won't cut it either of corse I will go every week and cry into my beer watching them play but as a supporter who pays his membership which in hand goes to pay players and administrators wages we have the right to demand results and if the results are not coming we have the right to demand change

sammydog
03-08-2013, 11:24 AM
You could equally argue the steady decline in results has coincided with Tinkler/HSG taking the reigns. Where is the hate and calls for the removal of the Tinkler/HSG/Palmer regime?

I still think on paper our squad is a lot better than the results. I believe GVE is to blame for this and would love to see him removed, but there is more than likely more going on behind the scenes than any of us here are privy to that prevents this from happening.

It was Palmer who came out an unequivocally threw his support behind GVE earlier this year. The problem comes from further up the tree than Middleby.

Jetmaster
03-08-2013, 11:37 AM
It was Palmer who came out an unequivocally threw his support behind GVE earlier this year. The problem comes from further up the tree than Middleby.

I do agree with this.

plague
03-08-2013, 12:00 PM
You could equally argue the steady decline in results has coincided with Tinkler/HSG taking the reigns. Where is the hate and calls for the removal of the Tinkler/HSG/Palmer regime?

Easy.
Because:
Without HSG we probably don't have a club.
Without Middleby we probably have a better club.

Hail Tinks.
Tibor OUT.

03-08-2013, 02:16 PM
Lets just agree HSG know they screwed up bringing GvE back and did not have the funds to show him the exit door early.

sammydog
03-08-2013, 02:41 PM
Wont disagree with that.

GazFish35
03-08-2013, 03:23 PM
Thought you were smarter than that sammydog, you should have stopped listening to anything on here years before Middleby arrived. ;)

MFKS
03-08-2013, 04:35 PM

That being said if Middleby is as smart an operator why are we not seeing this?? Part of his job is to convince us plebs we are on the right path by operating well or at least providing the illusion that all is well. I don't feel all is going well and feel overtly unhappy with the direction we are taking on the journey. This to me is an area where Middleby can improve out of sight.

Cut out the bullshit PR answers read off a script from somewhere and be honest with us and actually convince us the general rank and file plebs he is doing a good job and not leaving us with the impression he has NFI

militiamon
03-08-2013, 05:42 PM
'sif Middleby wouldn't have one of the cushiest jobs ever. People say that the players have it easy, I reckon being an administrator high up the food chain would be even easier.

Jeterpool
03-08-2013, 07:16 PM
Richard Garcia's contract negotiations have collapsed with the Heart.

We've got to move on this. Would be a good signing.

Thomas477
03-08-2013, 07:52 PM
Richard Garcia's contract negotiations have collapsed with the Heart.

We've got to move on this. Would be a good signing.

Just a pity we need a top centre back with the remaining spot. If we have another spot, sign him asap ffs, we can always chuck Heskey back there.

Jeterpool
03-08-2013, 08:16 PM
Just a pity we need a top centre back with the remaining spot. If we have another spot, sign him asap ffs, we can always chuck Heskey back there.

We have 2 spots by my account.

From last year:
Jobe = Caravella
Griff = burns
Duncan = solari
Ritter = Hoole
Jesic = Gibbs

Still to replace Tiago and Ribero. Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong

halo se7en
03-08-2013, 08:31 PM
Has Hoole taken one of the senior spots now? I don't know how it all works but he was already with us at the same time as Ritter.

Jeterpool
03-08-2013, 08:51 PM
Has Hoole taken one of the senior spots now? I don't know how it all works but he was already with us at the same time as Ritter.

I believe he has a senior contract

Thomas477
03-08-2013, 11:50 PM
We have 2 spots by my account.

From last year:
Jobe = Caravella
Griff = burns
Duncan = solari
Ritter = Hoole
Jesic = Gibbs

Still to replace Tiago and Ribero. Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong

It was my understanding that Duncan wasn't on a senior contract, he was simply a youth player who was called up a few times, hence why Solari, 19, was picked up over Usai, and would make sense, given he's playing regularly in the NBN league.

Pico
05-08-2013, 09:26 AM
Newcastle Jets captain Ruben Zadkovich reportedly a target for Millwall

http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2013/08/04/1226691/022542-ruben-zadkovich.jpg

Newcastle Jets captain Ruben Zadkovich could find himself back in the English Championship - this time with Millwall. Picture: Liam Driver Source: DailyTelegraph

NEWCASTLE Jets captain Ruben Zadkovich could be the next A-League figure heading overseas, with English Championship side Millwall understood to be close to bidding for him.

Zadkovich returns to Newcastle's pre-season training this week, after being granted time off in the wake of the Socceroos' East Asian Cup campaign, and is contracted for another two years at the Jets.

But it's understood the 27-year-old has attracted interest from Millwall under new manager Steve Lomas, who began his tenure with a shock 1-0 defeat at home to Yeovil yesterday.

Zadkovich, who holds a Croatian passport and hence has no issues over gaining a visa, was handed the captaincy by Jets coach Gary van Egmond earlier in the year after Jobe Wheelhouse's departure and has become a key figure at the club.

The midfielder already has experience of the English second tier after signing for Derby County in 2008 and spending two years there in the Championship, albeit making only five appearances.

Much of his time at Derby was affected by injury, beginning with a groin tear he suffered at the Olympics playing for the Olyroos.

In January 2010 he was granted a release from his contract, and joined the Jets the following April.

But his form at Newcastle over recent months, plus the exposure of returning to the national set-up for the EA Cup campaign, four years after his previous involvement, has sparked fresh interest overseas.

It comes as Crystal Palace have been heavily linked with Melbourne Victory midfielder Mark Milligan.

Millwall already have two Australians on their books, in defender Shane Lowry and striker Scott McDonald - who switched in the close season from Middlesbrough - and were the first English side of Tim Cahill before he joined Everton.

Yesterday Jets CEO Robbie Middleby said he knew nothing of any putative interest from Millwall, and said the club had every desire to keep Zadkovich.

"I've heard nothing from them at all, and two months out from the season the last thing we would want would be to lose our captain," Middleby said.

In more positive news for the club, former England striker Emile Heskey is expected to return to Jets training this week, after being given extended leave to return to England and spend time with his family. Heskey watched Liverpool's testimonial game for Steven Gerrard against Greek side Olympiakos at Anfield on Saturday, but is due to return to full training this week.

Loan signing Nathan Burns is not expected to arrive until the start of next month.

Meanwhile, Sydney FC's game against Serie B team Padova, in the small hours of Thursday morning (AEST), will be broadcast live in Italy, with a deal struck for Sky Italia to broadcast a game in which Alessandro Del Piero plays against his first professional club.

It's the first of six games for the Sky Blues on a pre-season camp organised by Del Piero's management company.

Interesting we are full of mids at the moment, would possibly open up a chance to sign some AUS experience in the CB, Kisnorbo is still free I think & leave the last visa spot for a CAM.

Jeterpool
05-08-2013, 09:31 AM
Interesting we are full of mids at the moment, would possibly open up a chance to sign some AUS experience in the CB, Kisnorbo is still free I think & leave the last visa spot for a CAM.

I didn't realise Kisnorbo was available. Good shout

MFKS
05-08-2013, 11:35 AM
Kisnorbo that bloke didn't retire after his shit house performances in Asian Cup 2007 did he. He should fit in well here in Circus Newy

Jeterpool
05-08-2013, 11:38 AM
Kisnorbo that bloke didn't retire after his shit house performances in Asian Cup 2007 did he. He should fit in well here in Circus Newy

Geez Member, you'd complain if we got Mats Hummels.

Who do you think could fill the CB spot and is a realistic target?

belchardo
05-08-2013, 11:38 AM

cause the rest of the team covered themselves in glory. clearly all his fault we turned in such a dreadful performance.

MFKS
05-08-2013, 12:14 PM
Geez Member, you'd complain if we got Mats Hummels.

Who do you think could fill the CB spot and is a realistic target?

Lljubo:rof:

Grimario
05-08-2013, 12:19 PM
Lljubo:rof:

We already have Chapman... two Libero's making forward runs would see more goals against us than last year :rof:

Thomas477
05-08-2013, 07:22 PM
Ritter is still a free agent...

MFKS
05-08-2013, 11:47 PM
Actually would be a good idea. Imagine the laughs that would bring as we have one **** up after another.

Side effect it would also hasten the departure of GVE:yay:

LLJUBO IN

Jetmaster
06-08-2013, 08:59 AM
Looking like bye bye Rubes...

London calling Jets skipper Zadkovich

By JAMES GARDINER
Aug. 5, 2013, 11:23 p.m.

NEWCASTLE Jets captain Ruben Zadkovich has started training with English Championship club Millwall and could be offered a permanent move as early as tomorrow.
See your ad here

Zadkovich, 27, trained with the squad yesterday and will continue to work with the London-based outfit until the end of the week.

The Herald has learned that Millwall first approached Zadkovich last month. But their interest coincided with Zadkovich's selection in the Socceroos squad for the East Asia Cup, where he started in a scoreless draw with hosts Korea and in the 3-2 loss to Japan.

"He is training with a view to trying to impress [manager] Steve Lomas sufficiently to get a contract," a Millwall spokesman told the Herald last night.

"That said, we have had quite a number [of trialists] training during the pre-season.

"The manager has indicated he wants to improve the quality and get decent cover.

"Mr Zadkovich's first session was today. I imagine they will try and get him involved in a game of some sort, maybe a development game."

Although the Jets are yet to receive a formal offer for the midfielder, who is contracted until the end of the 2014-15 season, the Herald understands Millwall will inform the A-League club of their intentions as early as tomorrow.

Zadkovich took over the Jets captaincy in February and is coming off a career-best season in which he was awarded the Ray Baartz Medal and earned a recall to the Socceroos squad.

The Jets are likely to seek a transfer fee in the vicinity of $350,000 to $500,000.

"Ruben is our captain and a highly valued member of our squad and our preference is for him to stay at the club for the remainder of his contract," Jets chief executive Robbie Middleby said.

"Ruben was scheduled to have a week off following his commitments with the Socceroos," Middleby said.

"He asked for the opportunity to take up Millwall's offer of a visit during this time and we have accommodated that request.

"At this stage, we have not received any formal offer for Ruben and he remains a Newcastle Jets player."
See your ad here

Millwall escaped relegation last season and opened the new campaign on Saturday with a 1-0 loss to Yeovil Town.

Zadkovich, who has previously spent time in England at Queens Park Rangers, Notts County and Derby, would be the third Australian on the Lions' books after Scott McDonald joined first-team regular Shane Lowry in the past fortnight.

Meanwhile, Jets youth league duo Mitch Oxborrow and Nick Cowburn have been named in a 20-man Australian under-19 squad for an international tournament in Spain starting next Monday.

Jeterpool
06-08-2013, 09:07 AM
If he goes, I don't begrudge him. Good luck to him.

It is a trial though, so they might not take up the option. Simply wait and see.

GazFish35
06-08-2013, 09:09 AM
"He is training with a view to trying to impress [manager] Steve Lomas sufficiently to get a contract," a Millwall spokesman told the Herald last night.

Well **** me! Is that what happens in a trial?

our preference is for him to stay at the club for the remainder of his contract," Jets chief executive Robbie Middleby said.

If that is the case, then why say this.......

"Ruben was scheduled to have a week off following his commitments with the Socceroos," Middleby said.
"He asked for the opportunity to take up Millwall's offer of a visit during this time and we have accommodated that request.

FFS he's our starting captain playing in the fringe national squad, if Milwall want him and its "our preference" that he stays get an offer before letting him go talk to them. Or don't let him go at all.
Sick of clubs in Australia bowing down to others. Show some balls FFS.

Pico
06-08-2013, 11:23 AM
HSG probably prefer the transfer fee and I dare say they will need the extra room in their salary budget to get an experienced left footed defender before the season starts or GVE will have to use Mitchell again, because whatever we currently have left in the salary budget has not been enough.

06-08-2013, 12:50 PM
No no no not f^&*ing Mitchell.

BodyNovo
06-08-2013, 01:00 PM
if Melbourne Victory have the strength to say no to a premier league side for milligan (who I rate on par with zads), than surely we should have the gusto to tell a lower level championship side the same or at least hold out for a ridiculous offer.

if we are serious about competing this year we honestly need to keep this bloke, he is link between the kids & the over 30's in the team.

Beeen
06-08-2013, 01:31 PM
I hope his trial goes well, just that his shots on goal end up in Charlton. The skin'ed will be back reporting for duty next week :sparring:

belchardo
06-08-2013, 01:46 PM
potential silver lining here folks.

$350-500K may just be enough to pay out GVE.

plague
06-08-2013, 05:49 PM
lol at you mob thinking we will get one red ****ing cent for him.

"well Ruben has been a fantastic servant and for him to get this opportunity is great for both himself and the reputation of the club. For us to stand in the way of his dream move wouldn't be fair. That's why we have let him go for an undisclosed fee and wish him all the best derp derp derp"

- Middleby (probably).

hawk
06-08-2013, 10:12 PM
if we are serious about competing this year we honestly need to keep this bloke.

this...we are definitely NOT serious contenders, last year, this year, or next. We are there to make up the numbers at the very least money can buy. Jets remain in the comp so as to have a reason for nf.net.

russjaybee
07-08-2013, 10:10 AM
What was that thing we used to get all the time? Shit it's on the tip of the tongue, we used to get it pretty much every year...

Oh yeh, finals football.

MFKS
07-08-2013, 01:10 PM
Football Federation Australia (FFA) has extended World Sport Group's (WSG) agreement to represent the worldwide (excluding Australia and Oceania) broadcast rights for the A-League, for a further four years, until the end of the 2016-2017 season.

The new agreement also coincides with the news that WSG has signed agreements with BT Vision (replacing BSkyB) to show at least two matches each week in the United Kingdom and extended their agreement with Mediaset to show all Sydney FC matches in Italy for the A-League 2013-2014 season.

FFA CEO David Gallop said continuing the relationship with WSG to sell the international broadcast rights will greatly increase exposure to Australian football and will benefit both the league and the national team.

"We have had a long and productive history working with WSG and we look forward to continuing this relationship and developing further broadcast opportunities internationally for the promotion and visibility of Australian football," Gallop said.

"The A-League is a hugely popular asset internationally, not only for expat Australians, whose emails we receive on a weekly basis, but also new fans turning their attention to the league.

"Last year's arrival of Alessandro Del Piero, Shinji Ono and Emile Heskey has already seen the visibility of our game grow at an international level. With this new agreement in place the Hyundai A-League now has a potential audience in the tens of millions internationally."

In addition to the A-League, FFA has also extended WSG's agreement to sell the broadcast rights to the Australian senior men's national team matches.

"Following qualification for our third successive FIFA World Cup the Socceroos prominence on the international stage continues to grow," Gallop said.

"We have some fantastic fixtures in the planning as we head into the 2014 FIFA World Cup and ensuring these matches are available to a broad international audience is essential to our development as a nation and solidifying our prominence in Asia."

Based out of Singapore, WSG has been a FFA sales partner since 2005.

"We are pleased to extend our partnership with Football Federation Australia for a further four years," said James Clarke, Senior Vice President, Content at World Sport Group.

"The Hyundai A-League is one of Asia's leading leagues and together with FFA, we have been able to build a strong broadcast platform for the competition across Asia and around the world during the past few years."

Matches from the 2012-2013 A-League season were televised in major markets worldwide with a potential reach of nearly 90 million.

Broadcasters who aired the matches included Mediaset Premium Calcio in Italy, BSkyB in the United Kingdom, Fox Sports and One World Sports in the United states, TV Asahi and NHK in Japan, i-Cable in Hong Kong, Astro in Malaysia, Starhub in Singapore and Guangdong TV in China.

"In the new cycle we're looking to extend the platform further to more broadcasters in Asia, where Australian football is increasingly important, and also to broadcasters in English-speaking countries which have an affinity with Australia," Clarke said.

"We are also looking to grow the league's distribution in southern and eastern Europe, regions with large migrant and expatriate populations in Australia.

Additionally, in partnership with Perform, the digital rights group, WSG will also stream every match played in the A-League worldwide (subject to geo-blocking in selected territories) on www.aleague.livesport.tv.

WSG will support the league broadcasts online and on social media including YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter..

plague
07-08-2013, 05:56 PM
So we've got 7500 members signed for next season according to club email.
Anyone know where that is compared to same time last year? Seems a stretch that we'll get another 2500 signed between now and kickoff.

My2BobsWorth
07-08-2013, 06:11 PM
No need to get in quick if you're a general member, so might get there.

militiamon
07-08-2013, 08:18 PM
Can confirm that militiamon still has not renewed but plans to. Waiting to see if there's a prize for 10,000th member.

sammydog
07-08-2013, 08:24 PM
When they reached 5000 members this year they were ahead of last season by a fair margin. Not sure of the comparison now.

Will be interesting to see what the end number is. Last season Heskey would have bought in a few late memberships, anyone buying for Heskey already would have.

militiamon
07-08-2013, 08:51 PM
Solid numbers tbh, especially given that we have been the least successful team of the last 3 seasons. We either have the most loyal fans in the league or the stupidest, I haven't quite worked that one out yet.

Grimario
07-08-2013, 08:54 PM
Solid numbers tbh, especially given that we have been the least successful team of the last 3 seasons. We either have the most loyal fans in the league or the stupidest, I haven't quite worked that one out yet.

*waves*

07-08-2013, 08:58 PM
Will be interesting to see the final figure and how close it comes to the 11.5k from last season. I would think that they would get 3 considerable take ups at different times and two of those would have already been and gone.

1 The initial number of auto renewals.
2 The deadline for those wanting the same seats.

The 3rd i would think will come in dribbs and drabbs as peoples tax returns filter through and use those funds to purchase membership. They want to hope there is a quite a few of those or they will not get near last season.

sammydog
07-08-2013, 09:01 PM
In the last few weeks before the season starts there should be a last flurry of memberships. I think we will crack 10,000. Beyond that who knows.

GazFish35
07-08-2013, 09:02 PM
And we already have a marquee

seldom
07-08-2013, 10:02 PM
In the last few weeks before the season starts there should be a last flurry of memberships. I think we will crack 10,000. Beyond that who knows.

I'll go 9-9.5k

MFKS
07-08-2013, 11:44 PM

Your much smarter than that.We have some incredibly foolish fans who will put up with all manner of shit from our club whilst constantly being let down by foolish decisions from the management and coaches and the with the hint of a successful season being that far into the future that Australia will be holding the Ashes with an all conquering cricket team. Yet they still turn up

Hence why the 7500 deranged nuts who have already coughed up money to watch Circus Newy this season.

Want to hear about how ****ing stupid one bloke in particular was??

Some bloke we won't name as it may be a little obvious and would identify the bloke (we will just say he is a huge fan of some bloke playing in the Yoof team) could have just coughed up the $200 for his and the young fellas renewal.

No this idiot wished to show his misguided unwavering and foolish support to the cause thought in an act of insanity that it would be a good idea to upgrade his Membership to gold level and paid $400 and something dollars.

The ****ing idiots in Newy that support this club:sup:

militiamon
08-08-2013, 01:13 AM
lololol, nutcase alright.

Does this mean that said individual and son will no longer be spotted gracing the upper tier of the eastern grandstand?

furns
08-08-2013, 02:42 AM
God some of the shit people spout on here is enough to make you smash your head against a wall.

Since when does people renewing their memberships show a level of stupidity? You could also look at it as being said supporters stick with the club no matter how hard it gets.
And some khunts wonder why no-one posts in this foz anymore, apart from the usual 20 or so people.

New people must look at all the bollocks being posted about memberships, other supporters, Robbie Middleby, players and ex-players, local teams and comps and prefer to smash their testicles between the pages of a particularly hefty hardback rather than bother to engage in what passes for discourse in here.

leftrightout
08-08-2013, 09:14 AM
God some of the shit people spout on here is enough to make you smash your head against a wall.

Since when does people renewing their memberships show a level of stupidity? You could also look at it as being said supporters stick with the club no matter how hard it gets.
And some khunts wonder why no-one posts in this foz anymore, apart from the usual 20 or so people.

New people must look at all the bollocks being posted about memberships, other supporters, Robbie Middleby, players and ex-players, local teams and comps and prefer to smash their testicles between the pages of a particularly hefty hardback rather than bother to engage in what passes for discourse in here.

Sky falling etc... get with the times!

Nah i agree, ive been a member since season 1, and I will always be a member of the club!

The good times will never be as good without the bad times. Thats what makes sport so passionate and emotional! (wow thats deep!)

Jeterpool
08-08-2013, 09:29 AM
The good times will never be as good without the bad times. Thats what makes sport so passionate and emotional! (wow thats deep!)

Well said LRO

Grimario
08-08-2013, 10:08 AM
Well said LRO
Must be amazing being a Liverpool AND Jets supporter then :gent:

Jetmaster
08-08-2013, 10:29 AM
Indeed - what hurts you makes you stronger etc etc...

Why are the two greatest moments in my sporting life the 2005 Uruguay game and the 2008 GF ? Because I remember the 30+ years of pain I had to get through to see those events.

Plus I know several who would have loved to see either but didn't make it.

The above post is one of the Members most delusional and disrespectful - I do not see myself, or my family, as "deranged nuts". I do hope he is just having a bit of fun to get a bite !

q-money
08-08-2013, 10:56 AM
what kind of deadbeat dad buys his kids a membership to see the jets, smh

Jeterpool
08-08-2013, 10:56 AM
Must be amazing being a Liverpool AND Jets supporter then :gent:

There are more bad times than good. That's why I celebrated the League Cup win and FA Cup final because I don't know when the next time will come around.

In saying that, I wouldn't change a thing

Indeed - what hurts you makes you stronger etc etc...

Why are the two greatest moments in my sporting life the 2005 Uruguay game and the 2008 GF ? Because I remember the 30+ years of pain I had to get through to see those events.

Plus I know several who would have loved to see either but didn't make it.

The above post is one of the Members most delusional and disrespectful - I do not see myself, or my family, as "deranged nuts". I do hope he is just having a bit of fun to get a bite !

I will be requesting my forum banner be changed from "Senior Member" to "Deranged Nut" as well. Was always going to renew regardless. I'm grateful we still have a team we can support in the premier competition in this country after the events of last year.

sammydog
08-08-2013, 11:13 AM

You nailed it with that post.

plague
08-08-2013, 11:18 AM
what kind of deadbeat dad buys his kids a membership to see the jets, smh
Question pretty much answers itself innit?

plague
08-08-2013, 11:23 AM

I thought he was taking the piss out of himself first and foremost.
But I get your point.
Whole Foz went downhill the minute Skirt Boy stopped posting fap worthy material to get us through the off season TBH.

MFKS
08-08-2013, 11:33 AM
Love this place. :lol:

Furns why reply to my posts at 1:40 in the morning and then moan about them??

:sup:

pv4
08-08-2013, 11:54 AM
I love how we take pride in being the ultimate pisstakers on this foz, but nek minnit we get our panties in a bunch over the slightest pisstake :rof:

joel31
08-08-2013, 12:01 PM
Dutchy says Ruben proud to lead Jets

By JAMES GARDINER
Aug. 7, 2013, 11:13 p.m.

CLASS: Ruben Zadkovich shoots the ball while being challenged by South Korea during the East Asian Cup soccer championship last month. Picture: Reuters

See your ad here

COACH Gary van Egmond has no doubt that Ruben Zadkovich's commitment and desire to lead the Jets is as strong as ever.

Zadkovich will return from England on Saturday after transfer talks with English Championship club Millwall broke down.

The 27-year-old, who has two years to run on his Jets contract, was approached by the Lions last month and given permission to visit their London base for talks after his commitments with the Socceroos at the East Asia Cup in Korea.

The Jets issued a statement yesterday saying that Millwall "will not be taking their interest in Zadkovich any further".

Van Egmond spoke to Zadkovich yesterday and was eagerly awaiting his return.

"He will be back on Saturday and is looking forward to resuming pre-season training," the coach said last night.

"We are obviously happy about that.

"He is our leader and one of our better players.

"When I contacted him today, he expressed how proud he was to be captain and leading the Jets."

The Jets' statement said the skipper met with the club but was not on trial, which contradicted information Millwall gave the Herald and reports in the mass-circulation London Evening Standard, in which Millwall manager Steve Lomas confirmed Zadkovich was training with the side.

Football website newsattheden quoted Lomas as saying: "Ruben has come in for a week's training and we'll have a look at him.

"He has played for Australia so he's obviously a decent player and no mug."

When Lomas was asked if the club were prepared to pay a transfer, he said: "It's hard to say. Let's just have a look at him first and see whether we want him."

Van Egmond said untimely approaches for players were part of football.

"We would have been disappointed to lose him, but the reality is we live in a world of tiers," he said.

"The EPL, Spain, Serie A and the Bundesliga are at the top, and everything feeds into it.

"We have to know where we sit. Obviously we won't let people go for nothing, but you have to expect there will be interest."

Meanwhile, Joey Gibbs scored a double and promising teenager Brandon Lundy scored his maiden senior goal as the Jets flexed their muscles with a 5-2 win over Sydney club Mounties Wanderers at Mount Pritchard last night.

The division two NSW Premier League side held the Jets to 1-all at half-time before the visitors' class and superior fitness came to the fore.

Mark Birighitti played half a game and Craig Goodwin and Adam Taggart were given 25 minutes in their return from Socceroos duties.

Lundy put the Jets ahead early when he latched on to a low cross from James Virgili on the left.

Ben Kantarovski, Gibbs, Jacob Pepper and Virgili had chances before the home side equalised on the stroke of half-time.

See your ad here

Taylor Regan fouled in the area and former Gold Coast United striker Daniel Severino converted from the spot.

Gibbs connected with a left-foot volley three minutes after the break and added a second from long range 10 minutes later.

Birighitti denied Severino a second penalty before goals to Goodwin and youth team replacement Beau McDonald put the result beyond doubt before the home side scored a late consolation goal.

"It was another good hit-out and probably another step up in level from what we have played," van Egmond said. "First half we controlled the game and they got a late penalty from a poor defensive read. Second half was more comprehensive."

from the herald

q-money
08-08-2013, 12:39 PM
if you want to pump up the tyres twitter is just round the corner #gojets

leftrightout
08-08-2013, 01:14 PM
Whole Foz went downhill the minute Skirt Boy stopped posting fap worthy material to get us through the off season TBH.

Agreed, theres not even a ladies possible NSFW thread anymore!
God dam worst off season ever!

russjaybee
08-08-2013, 03:11 PM
There hasn't even been a post in Katy Perry v Zooey Deschanel this year, this place has turned to shit.

furns
08-08-2013, 03:15 PM
I love how we take pride in being the ultimate pisstakers on this foz, but nek minnit we get our panties in a bunch over the slightest pisstake :rof:problem isnt pisstaking, the problem is pisstaking is taken for seriousness from some people who dont know the difference.

see: pages of Robbie Middleby bollocks

And I am not just talking about some MFKS posts, just for clarification.

sammydog
08-08-2013, 03:25 PM
problem isnt pisstaking, the problem is pisstaking is taken for seriousness from some people who dont know the difference.

It just wears thin, post after post after post.

Jetmaster
09-08-2013, 08:53 AM

This - it loses both its shock value and its humour.

Jeterpool
09-08-2013, 09:08 AM

I think the line between what is genuine p*sstaking and what is a real opinion has become blurred.

pv4
09-08-2013, 09:12 AM
TBF the results of the club (coach, players, management, etc) don't really help the situation

Jeterpool
09-08-2013, 09:28 AM
TBF the results of the club (coach, players, management, etc) don't really help the situation

Nor does the long off season.

Premy
09-08-2013, 10:07 AM
Melbourne Heart have reportedly signed former Ducth international Orlando Engalaar as their marquee for the upcoming season. 33 years old 14 caps for the national team from 2007-2010 recently playing with PSV.

plague
09-08-2013, 10:33 AM

I stand by everything I've said about him.
My criticism has always been about decisions that he's put his name to.
Personal attacks against ANYONE should not be tolerated (except if they're Gypos) and I am sure I've not gone there (and if I ever do it should hopefully be blindingly obvious it's a pisstake).
Still, if anyone thinks I'm out of line feel free to have a word.
Other than that its just opinions innit?

Captain Obvious
09-08-2013, 10:35 AM
(and if I ever do it should hopefully be blindingly obvious it's a pisstake).

If you need help I know a guy........

joel31
09-08-2013, 10:39 AM
GVE said we're not signing Richard Garcia

Tommyjet
09-08-2013, 11:03 AM
Didn't he say no formal talks at this stage

Skirt Boy
09-08-2013, 01:23 PM
I thought he was taking the piss out of himself first and foremost.
But I get your point.

Can confirm that now that I'm back in Newy and starting to settle down again I'll start posting more morale boosting material for the troops.

Thomas477
09-08-2013, 02:34 PM
Can confirm that now that I'm back in Newy and starting to settle down again I'll start posting more morale boosting material for the troops.

WB Skirt Boy.

plague
09-08-2013, 03:03 PM
Best news.
Ill take this over a #10 or a centre back any day.
Well in SB.

seldom
09-08-2013, 04:33 PM

less talk.... more pictures ffs

MFKS
09-08-2013, 05:45 PM
I stand by everything I've said about him.
My criticism has always been about decisions that he's put his name to.
Personal attacks against ANYONE should not be tolerated (except if they're Gypos) and I am sure I've not gone there (and if I ever do it should hopefully be blindingly obvious it's a pisstake).
Still, if anyone thinks I'm out of line feel free to have a word.
Other than that its just opinions innit?

Precisely right Plague.

Some of the posters here on the foz need to stop being precious and accept people have opposing opinions. Debate the **** out of them and get on with it. To many people here taking the view that the internets is serious business.

Rather hypocritical that the recent spate of Middleby Out criticism is drawing disapproval from some quarters when we have an ongoing GVE out thread with umpteen pages of criticism directed at him with more to come I am sure.

Opinion is what this forum should be about. If you think that Middleby is useless you are entitled to your opinion Plague as you are not alone in this line of thought with many others feeling similarly.

Whinge all you like about the 20 posters and the piss taking being the problem for low forum traffic. Problem lies with no divisive opinion and subjects being heartily debated nothing else. Problem also lies with the divisive opinion coming up then some of the primadonnas here get their knickers in a knot hence some of the recent kerfuffles in the Local Forum.

My2BobsWorth
09-08-2013, 05:54 PM
Ban everyone who posts anti Bridgey comments:ban:

pv4
09-08-2013, 05:57 PM

Run at me

I'll never forgive him

My2BobsWorth
09-08-2013, 06:19 PM
For what?

Blackmac79
09-08-2013, 06:20 PM
*This post is a pisstake!!!!!!*

Just like spoilers on dodgy blogs.

plague
09-08-2013, 06:20 PM
Problem also lies with the divisive opinion coming up then some of the primadonnas here get their knickers in a knot hence some of the recent kerfuffles in the Local Forum.

Name calling is part of the problem Member. If you disagree with someone then fine, but calling people 'precious' and 'primadonnas' doesn't help the situation either.

Anyway I think GVE should play Bridges as a #6. Reckon he'd go good with his brain and passing range. Would need to cut out the back heels and get someone next to him with good engines (which we seem to have in spades). He'd provide some composure and thought into that spot to build attacks and (generally) not be outnumbered like he is at #10.
Just my opinion mind.

Blackmac79
09-08-2013, 06:26 PM
*#&# Bridges.
&^%$ GVE
@#$% Middleby
and $#@# that old hag sitting on the throne.

None of them do enough to ensure Novocastrian Independence.

Just my opinion.

MFKS
09-08-2013, 06:33 PM
Name calling is part of the problem Member. If you disagree with someone then fine, but calling people 'precious' and 'primadonnas' doesn't help the situation either.

Anyway I think GVE should play Bridges as a #6. Reckon he'd go good with his brain and passing range. Would need to cut out the back heels and get someone next to him with good engines (which we seem to have in spades). He'd provide some composure and thought into that spot to build attacks and (generally) not be outnumbered like he is at #10.
Just my opinion mind.

Plague if the name calling is the problem then the thoughts about people being precious and primadonnas is bang on the money.

None of the name calling is anywhere near over the top and most of us would be exposed to this all our lives having banter with our mates/school/work etc.

As I said the internets isn't serious business why stress over it??

MFKS
09-08-2013, 06:34 PM
*#&# Bridges.
&^%$ GVE
@#$% Middleby
and $#@# that old hag sitting on the throne.

None of them do enough to ensure Novocastrian Independence.

Just my opinion.

Well said:gent:

GazFish35
09-08-2013, 06:58 PM
As I said the internets isn't serious business why stress over it??

Because feedback some of us are getting is that the at times unwelcoming nature of some posts in here is not just driving down traffic (its offseason so nothing unexpected) but is presenting somewhat of a closed shop or "in crowd" and is having flow on effects on match day actives. People aren't feeling welcome in here and are associating that with what happens on game day.

Debate away by all means.
Just play the ball not the man.

BTW Comment directed at everyone.

My2BobsWorth
09-08-2013, 08:17 PM
I think you are correct there Mr Fish concerning the inner circle, as I like to call them. This is understandable as a good proportion on here are Squadron. I noticed it ages ago and it doesn't bother me, but I can see that it might bother some. Do you know that it took a slip up for me to find out what the Tenzo is.

My2BobsWorth
09-08-2013, 08:21 PM
Just my opinion mind.

Probably the best thing ever posted in the history of the interwebz. ( Don't you just hate that)

GazFish35
09-08-2013, 08:50 PM
Do you know that it took a slip up for me to find out what the Tenzo is.

Ha! Maybe we need a glossary of key terms. :)

Tenzo = Tennis Club.
Griffo = all that is good.
hutcho = all that is bad.

plague
09-08-2013, 09:28 PM
Ha! Maybe we need a glossary of key terms. :)

Tenzo = Tennis Club.
Griffo = all that is good.
hutcho = all that is bad.
Throw in some love for indigenous Australians and there's the preamble in the Constitution right there.

seldom
09-08-2013, 09:33 PM

Ban anyone who uses the word ''Kerfuffle''....FFS

plague
09-08-2013, 11:38 PM
Probably the best thing ever posted in the history of the interwebz. ( Don't you just hate that)

Many of the best DMs and centrebacks Ive played with over time have all spent good spells in the front third at some time in their career.
Up front you never have the number advantage so your reaction time and decision making is generally quicker. They also have less options so their passing needs to be more accurate. Take those players and put them into a space where they have more time and options and its paradise. I think Bridges would be good as a DM (as I still think Kanta should be a centreback).
just an opinion though.
One of Bridges best skills is his ability to just buy that extra bit of time through great positioning or movement off the ball. No offence to the lads already there but our distribution and decision making in those DM spots has been fairly sketchy.

actually sorry i shouldnt have bothered typing all that. Hey GVE, just turn him into Kasey v.2 (although preferably without the laps).

Thomas477
09-08-2013, 11:48 PM
But that's where Caravella comes in. Here's generally been that creative attacking midfielder, which is why playing him along Zad is such a good combo, Zad does all the running, Zenon does the passing. By all means play Bridgey there if we need to, but you also need to consider that playing in front of our two centre backs (ATM Chapz and Mitchell), the DM needs to be a good tackler and ive never known Bridgey as a top tackler.

Premy
10-08-2013, 12:36 AM
But that's where Caravella comes in. Here's generally been that creative attacking midfielder, which is why playing him along Zad is such a good combo, Zad does all the running, Zenon does the passing. By all means play Bridgey there if we need to, but you also need to consider that playing in front of our two centre backs (ATM Chapz and Mitchell), the DM needs to be a good tackler and ive never known Bridgey as a top tackler.

If Caravella is our best Midfield option we're in big trouble (spare me the we're already in big trouble comments)

New Zealand Knights midfeild 2005-06 terrible (Caravella)
Gold Coast United midfield 2010-11 terrible (Caravella) -Culina
Adelaide United midfield 2011-2012 terrible (Caravella) -Vidosic

Where's the common denominator the blokes not good enough for A-League
New Thread Caravella OUT.

militiamon
10-08-2013, 01:26 AM
What's this about a bit of pisstaking turning people away?

Last time I checked we had one of the most active forums outside of Sydney and Melbourne, and those have far more pisstaking than nf.net (particularly mv.net). furns should know these things since he spends so much time on there :gent:
If anything we need more pisstaking imo. It's nothing like the glory days of years gone by.

And let's not even compare ourselves to the next most common media through which Jets fans express themselves - The Herald comments section (vomits) and the Jets Facebook page (kills self).

In summary:
MFKS, plague, Captain Obvious = good
Pro-Middleby comments = bad

halo se7en
10-08-2013, 08:45 AM

Speaking of pisstaking....

Pico
10-08-2013, 12:45 PM
AUSTRALIAN-born Christian Esposito - contracted to Italian Serie B club Novara - has been loaned out to the Azzurri's 2006 FIFA World Cup winning boss Marcello Lippi's old club Savona.

Sources have revealed the young attacker is considering a return to Australia to play A-League in 2014 for the first time in his career.

Esposito made his debut appearance for Savona in a Coppa Italia clash last weekend.

Savona beat former Socceroo Zeljko Kalac's former club Perugia 1-0 away from home.

In the Mixer understands that Perugia is on the verge of signing two Australian teenagers.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/in-the-mixer-with-val-migliaccio-and-marco-monteverde-the-weekly-football-column/story-fnii0fc4-1226694351403

Maybe we can try and get him on loan for when Burns pisses back off to Asia in January, could be our attempt at a Mooy.

Thomas477
11-08-2013, 12:55 AM
If Caravella is our best Midfield option we're in big trouble (spare me the we're already in big trouble comments)

New Zealand Knights midfeild 2005-06 terrible (Caravella)
Gold Coast United midfield 2010-11 terrible (Caravella) -Culina
Adelaide United midfield 2011-2012 terrible (Caravella) -Vidosic

Firstly, yeah Caravella was so terrible he was Adelaide's player of the season the year before last. And I suggest you reread my comment, nowhere did I say he was our best, what I said was that he is the creative outlet in the holding midfield role.

militiamon
11-08-2013, 01:07 AM
I was the guy's no.1 critic from Day 1, but after his phenomenal performances towards the end of the season I became at least his 5th biggest fan.

Premy
11-08-2013, 02:13 AM
Firstly, yeah Caravella was so terrible he was Adelaide's player of the season the year before last. And I suggest you reread my comment, nowhere did I say he was our best, what I said was that he is the creative outlet in the holding midfield role.

I'll be surprised if he gets the lions share of game time the way The Beard played at the u U20's World Cup should be enough to give him the CM spot ahead of Zennon. I understand some players fit in better under different Clubs/systems but the player merry-go-round in the A-League is laughable if your not good enough for one club chances are your not going to be good enough for another.

pv4
11-08-2013, 08:41 AM
Imo caravella and culina killed it for gcu.

Grimario
11-08-2013, 01:32 PM
Roar re-sign McKay for 2 years.

furns
11-08-2013, 05:02 PM
Because feedback some of us are getting is that the at times unwelcoming nature of some posts in here is not just driving down traffic (its offseason so nothing unexpected) but is presenting somewhat of a closed shop or "in crowd" and is having flow on effects on match day actives. People aren't feeling welcome in here and are associating that with what happens on game day.

Debate away by all means.
Just play the ball not the man.

BTW Comment directed at everyone.What Gaz said

Also, its not about having differing opinions, its about the people with the negative opinions shutting down and shouting down debate with those of an opposing viewpoint.

And militia, the only forums I spend any time on is usually sfcu and wsw and they are only a very small proportion. mv.net is a shitstorm of ridiculousness and the only reason they have decent traffic is simply by sheer weight of numbers, hence why I avoid it. I dont want that to happen here, and this forum needs to realise that a few attitudes need changing and newbies need to be welcomed and not ridiculed for this forum to grow beyond the niche audience it has now.

GazFish35
11-08-2013, 05:28 PM
Good use of the word niche Furns.

pv4
11-08-2013, 05:32 PM
Are there examples of newbies being harshly treated and then rejected that we can be linked to on here so we can read what we did wrong and change our ways?

Btw I now have a gent symbol as my sig. This is basically my disclaimer for sarcasm - seems legit

GazFish35
11-08-2013, 06:14 PM
Are there examples of newbies being harshly treated and then rejected that we can be linked to on here so we can read what we did wrong and change our ways?

Btw I now have a gent symbol as my sig. This is basically my disclaimer for sarcasm - seems legit

See alost any thread in the local forum. :grin:

We cold search back to a number of examples, but there's been so few new contributors since the GFC its not worth my time when in reality the solution to the issue is a simple one. Play the ball not the man.

steve136
11-08-2013, 06:18 PM

I had one a couple of weeks ago where some someone spazzed because I suggested that the a-league all stars game wasn't that bad.

parksey
11-08-2013, 06:22 PM
What Gaz said

Also, its not about having differing opinions, its about the people with the negative opinions shutting down and shouting down debate with those of an opposing viewpoint.

And militia, the only forums I spend any time on is usually sfcu and wsw and they are only a very small proportion. mv.net is a shitstorm of ridiculousness and the only reason they have decent traffic is simply by sheer weight of numbers, hence why I avoid it. I dont want that to happen here, and this forum needs to realise that a few attitudes need changing and newbies need to be welcomed and not ridiculed for this forum to grow beyond the niche audience it has now.

everyone gets hazed when they first join.

i got a good hazing, made me the man i am today.

GazFish35
11-08-2013, 07:09 PM

Likewise, but the hazing is killing growth.

And if you survived its clearly not doing its job anyway. :gent:

pistolpete
11-08-2013, 07:11 PM

And you deserved it too anticoasties. You certainly have grown into a fine young man

snake
11-08-2013, 07:16 PM
thomas, mitch, kezbracks, novascouse/stokecity/plsdontbanme (:lol:) all copped a deserved hammering

belchardo
11-08-2013, 07:16 PM
It's amazing that the most civilized thread on this forum is the politics thread.

nf.net = upside down world

My2BobsWorth
11-08-2013, 09:05 PM
Everyone is an obese teenager with a very small willie, it works

Bon
11-08-2013, 09:10 PM
What ever happened to Thrash?
His "johnson rod" comments always used to have me in stitches..

12-08-2013, 12:26 AM
Of course you should have been mistreated, after all it is the GVE OUT thread.

Grimario
12-08-2013, 12:32 AM
I felt maltreated and shunned in the GVE Out thread, because I was happy about the progress Jets players had been making.

And you are a Victory fan anyway... of course a Victory fan would want GVE IN given how utter shite he is.

militiamon
12-08-2013, 01:05 AM
thomas, mitch, kezbracks, novascouse/stokecity/plsdontbanme (:lol:) all copped a deserved hammering

Seem to recall that 'militiaman' fellow copping a decent serve or two back in the day. What ever happened to that gypsy-lover anyway?

PS It's the off-season dawgs, the amount of legit material to discuss is close to zero.

parksey
12-08-2013, 02:28 AM

good times. :grin:

belchardo
12-08-2013, 09:29 AM
kaz on the comeback trail

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/football/patafta-puts-in-hard-yards-in-canberra-win-20130811-2rqei.html

russjaybee
12-08-2013, 10:21 AM
If you join internet forums without a thick skin, you're gonna have a bad time.

Grimario
12-08-2013, 11:16 AM
It is a stain I cannot remove. But I prefer the Jets and am happier when they win than when Victory wins.

That almost sounds like a jets fan...

12-08-2013, 12:34 PM
Happy when the Jets win ?. You must lead a very unhappy life !!.

Mitchy
12-08-2013, 01:12 PM
good times. :grin:

Gg

MFKS
12-08-2013, 06:15 PM
A-League team Central Coast Mariners scored a $10 million grant for a new indigenous football program and improved training facilities.

Foreign Minister Bob Carr on Monday announced the federal government funding committment, which will go towards stage two of the Mariners' Centre of Excellence at Tuggerah.

The development includes a 1500-seat grandstand, lighting for training fields, additional car parking and the establishment of an elite indigenous football academy.

"This project is about more than just football, it's about providing a sporting, health and education hub that delivers a wide range of benefits for the local community and economy," Carr said.

Mariners general manager Peter Turnbull said the money, already included in the budget from latest round of the Regional Development Australia Fund, would ensure work on the project begins "within weeks".

"We have been to Canberra on several occasions regarding this application, and we are delighted the funding has been finalised," Turnbull said.

"Without this commitment, it would have taken several years for us to have been able to deliver the extra facilities."

The centre already features a tournament quality playing field, gym, office space and 10 all-weather synthetic pitches while building on a public hydrotherapy and aquatic centre will be completed in 2014.

A-League boss Damien de Bohun said the additional facilities would benefit thousands of children from the local community.

Glad to see our rivals are getting 10 million from the public purse and we are getting nothing.

MIDDLEBY doing a great job again:banghead:

halo se7en
12-08-2013, 07:08 PM
"Regional Development Australia Fund"…. the coast is far from ****ing regional.

boz-monaut
12-08-2013, 07:11 PM
we put an application in to RDAF earlier in the year

most of the funding went to Western Sydney

****ing ridiculous pork barrelling

hawk
12-08-2013, 07:15 PM
"Regional Development Australia Fund"…. the coast is far from ****ing regional.

Regional Development Australia Fraud

furns
12-08-2013, 08:14 PM
Glad to see our rivals are getting 10 million from the public purse and we are getting nothing.

MIDDLEBY doing a great job again:banghead:

And just what is Middleby supposed to have applied for funding of? You and the rest of the Middleby-out brigade would blame him for climate change ffs

MFKS
12-08-2013, 08:43 PM
And just what is Middleby supposed to have applied for funding of? You and the rest of the Middleby-out brigade would blame him for climate change ffs

Umm enlighten us all as to what he does for us that is useful then???

Some dumb arse Gypo can get 10 million of the tax payers purse to be spent on Gypo Football.

Middleby on the other hand has got $0 out of the federal government this election and his greatest achievement would appear to be bringing back GVE to the club and we are all chuffed to bits on how that is panning out:tongue:.

Furns I admire your support for the bloke it is admirable but please enlighten me as to what it is this bloke you leap to defend actually brings to the table

Jetmaster
12-08-2013, 08:56 PM
I just want to know why a political stunt to attract votes in a volatile area is Middleby's fault ?

Ask Tim Owen (or similar) ??!!

sammydog
12-08-2013, 09:07 PM
Umm enlighten us all as to what he does for us that is useful then???

Some dumb arse Gypo can get 10 million of the tax payers purse to be spent on Gypo Football.

Middleby on the other hand has got $0 out of the federal government this election and his greatest achievement would appear to be bringing back GVE to the club and we are all chuffed to bits on how that is panning out:tongue:.

Furns I admire your support for the bloke it is admirable but please enlighten me as to what it is this bloke you leap to defend actually brings to the table

The gypos have an approval for the centre of excellence. That came from support from the club owners at the time and Council. Approvals count for everything when chasing grants.

If Tinkler wants to get an approved facility then maybe we could chase some grant funding, we don't so we aren't going to get $10 million thrown at us. If tinkler doesn't want to pony up the cash, what is Middleby supposed to do about it, and what is he going to get a grant for?

So how about you enlighten us, what should middleby have been chasing a grant for?

furns
12-08-2013, 10:09 PM
The Jets arent building a training centre and academy, they have existing agreements with the Uni for their training facilities and sports sciences.
Maybe you should give David Eland and Tim Owen a call and find out why they werent able to get funding for Speers Point complex.

You still havent said what project Middleby should have been asking for funding from the federal government for? I am genuinely intrigued how you can lay blame at his feet for something that doesnt exist and that he didnt get funding for?

q-money
12-08-2013, 10:25 PM
it's deans fault anyway you idiots

steve136
12-08-2013, 10:30 PM
Yeah, that one is really Tim Owen's fault for being an incompetent, useless politician. (I tried to warn people before the election)

q-money
12-08-2013, 11:40 PM
we put an application in to RDAF earlier in the year

most of the funding went to Western Sydney

****ing ridiculous pork barrelling
boz is right, this is a legit ****ing outrage and should be looked at, good on cookers for saying something tbh

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-03-13/soccer-club-calls-for-review-of-rdaf/4569850

q-money
12-08-2013, 11:49 PM
fairfield...belmore...penrith

regional australia my arse

furns
13-08-2013, 12:07 AM
cheers for posting that qman - have tweeted the article on newyboys

plague
13-08-2013, 01:08 AM
we did get a whopping amount of moolah to build the Joel Griffiths* stand at Turton rd recently didnt we?
that old stand didnt just walk itself off to the tip now innit?
fair suck of the sauce bottle lads.

*yet to be ratified by the Pope

plague
13-08-2013, 01:12 AM
Yeah, that one is really Tim Owen's fault for being an incompetent, useless politician. (I tried to warn people before the election)

Comrade, sounds like the dream team of McKinna and Bracken is just what you yearn for.
have you looked into removalist fees to ship yo'self off to the promised land?

steve136
13-08-2013, 01:51 AM
Comrade, sounds like the dream team of McKinna and Bracken is just what you yearn for.
have you looked into removalist fees to ship yo'self off to the promised land?
Nah, but I'm running in 2016, so I guess I'll try and create it myself.

plague
13-08-2013, 01:59 AM
Nah, but I'm running in 2016, so I guess I'll try and create it myself.

Ill vote for you.

steve136
13-08-2013, 02:12 AM
Ill vote for you.

Appreciate it. Is it acceptable to run a political campaign on a 'Middleby Out' platform?

Pico
13-08-2013, 09:00 AM
Jets pair prepare for tour of the UK

http://transform.fairfaxregional.com.au/transform/v1/resize/frm/silverstone-feed-data/58ab7aaf-117c-420f-9ab0-fbda2c5a15ed.jpg/w1200_h678_fcrop.jpg
Nicholas Pepper and Reece Papas. Picture: Jonathan Carroll

NIC Pepper proved a point and Reece Papas would not be denied another green and gold jersey at the School Sport Australia 19-years-and-under football championships in Canberra last week.

The Newcastle Jets pair starred for the NSW All Schools side, helping them to second place and securing themselves selection in the 16-strong Australian Schoolboys squad to tour Britain in January.

In a once-in-a-lifetime experience, the group will play a Welsh College team, Swansea and Cardiff City academies, the England independent schools, Sheffield United academy, Birmingham City academy, a British college side, and an England All Schools line-up.

The Australians will also tour the famous Old Trafford and Anfield stadiums and attend English Premier League games.

Isobel Cootes, from Warners Bay High, was the lone Hunter player in the Australian Schoolgirls squad. The defender helped NSW to second in the girls' tournament and was selected despite missing games due to a dislocated shoulder and concussion.

Papas, an Australian representative at under-15 and 16 level, booked his seat on the 16-day tour with a standout carnival, earning player of the tournament honours.

It was confidence boost for the 17-year-old defender, whose performance and selection came after he was overlooked for the Young Socceroos squad which left for a tour of Spain on Friday.

Papas, who attended a Young Socceroos camp in April this year, was thrilled to get another international call-up and said the highlight of the tour would be "just the experience and the honour of representing your country".

Pepper, a centre midfielder, played at the titles last year when he was still based in Sydney. The 18-year-old, who came to Hunter Sports High School and the Jets this time last year, was selected as a shadow player for the touring team to Argentina and Brazil.

Now in year 12, Pepper was determined to take his last chance at schoolboys level for a green and gold jersey.

"It was [my] goal this year to get into the team," said Pepper, who is no relation to Jets A-League player Jacob Pepper.

"There was no expectation but I just wanted to prove a point that maybe they made a mistake last year."

NSW All Schools lost to Victoria 1-0 when they needed a draw to take the title. They drew with winners ACT 0-0 and South Australia 2-2, but beat Western Australia 7-0 and Queensland 2-1.

Before the January tour, Pepper and Papas are hoping to be part of the Jets' National Youth League campaign.

www.theherald.com.au/story/1700862/jets-pair-prepare-for-tour-of-the-uk/?cs=306

More junior honours for jets players can only be a good thing, but need them to step up and push on to the HAL level.

Pico
13-08-2013, 09:05 AM
Jets captain vows 100 per cent commitment

http://transform.fairfaxregional.com.au/transform/v1/resize/frm/storypad-bzDwk8TrKQYKjEefACKcS8/5db9c788-a275-4517-9748-b9d60bdb30d5.jpg/w1200_h678_fcrop.jpg
RUBEN ZADKOVICH

CAPTAIN Ruben Zadkovich remains "100 per cent committed" to leading the Newcastle Jets but has not ruled out an overseas move.

Zadkovich resumed training with the A-League club yesterday after a "meet and greet" at English Championship outfit Millwall that included putting "the boots on a couple of days and a bit of a light session".

Millwall, who last week signed Queens Park Rangers midfielder Shaun Derry on a month loan, have not tabled an offer for Zadkovich, whom they first approached in July.

The transfer window closes on August 31.

"I'm not expecting anything to change in the next two weeks," he said.

"Obviously the window is still open and you never know.

"But I can look you in the face and say I am 100 per cent committed to Newcastle.

"I am still the captain of Newcastle and this is where I want to play my football.

"I would not have re-signed here if it was any different."

Zadkovich has two years remaining on his Jets contract but has previously played in England at Queens Park Rangers, Notts County and Derby County.

"I am never going to not show interest in playing at a higher level," Zadkovich said.

"That is what we all aspire to do. That's why we play football - to play at the best level we can."

Zadkovich said he had formed a "pretty strong" relationship with Millwall manager Steve Lomas.

"In the end there is figure on my head here if a club wants a transfer," he said.

"It is basically up to clubs to put an offer forward.

"I think it was a money issue for them.

"Their club captain Danny Shittu was a first-team pro when I was a youngster at Queens Park Rangers. He helped me fit in with the boys and made sure I got to know everyone.

"That was important for their manager to see what type of person I was around the squad.

"Things went really well, but in the end I'm still here at Newcastle and stoked to be."

The Millwall trip also gave Zadkovich an opportunity to visit his eldest brother, London based solicitor Luke.

It continued a varied pre-season which started with a trek to the Top End to visit middle brother Simon and included a recall to the Socceroos squad and two caps at the East Asia Cup.

"It is such a long pre-season here," Zadkovich said.

"When you are training day-in, day-out for four months without serious competition, it can get mundane.

"For me to go away and have a bit of time with the national squad, to get up and see my brother up north and top it off by seeing my brother in London has been perfect.

"Now I still have a solid two-month stint here with my team."

Zadkovich was unsure if he would play in the trial against Bonnyrigg tomorrow night.

With Zenon Caravella returning from an Achilles problem, Ben Kantarovski and Josh Brillante are likely to start in midfield against the White Eagles.

"There are plenty of guys there who can play as a holding midfielder," Zadkovich said.

"We have a really strong squad. It is young, it is feisty and the boys are really hungry.

"That is perfect for me, I would never want to be at a club where it was easy to get a spot in the he starting team. I always want to be pushed."

Jets chief executive Robbie Middleby confirmed that the Jets were still in the hunt for the "right central defender".

Sydney-based Italian defender Vincenzo Ricciardi trained yesterday but has been let go.

www.theherald.com.au/story/1700908/jets-captain-vows-100-per-cent-commitment/?cs=306

So I assume it's Middleby's fault we didn't get a transfer fee for Zad now & if he does somehow leave in the next fortnight, its Middleby's fault we lost our captain.

pv4
13-08-2013, 09:16 AM
So is the speers point complex still happening?

Pico
13-08-2013, 12:48 PM
Northern Not Discouraged As Federal Funding Bypasses Speers Point Facility
March 21, 2013

Northern NSW Football CEO David Eland has shrugged off reports today of Federal funding bypassing the proposed Speers Point facility as old news and reaffirmed his position that it’s full steam ahead for the facility to be recognised and rewarded with regional funding support from the Hunter Infrastructure & Investment Fund (HIIF).

‘We were aware of the Federal decision some weeks ago and we have moved on. Whilst the opportunity was an attractive one, our argument for the significance of this development has always been based on its importance for regional economies and this argument was always going to carry more impetus within a regional funding program than one driven from a Federal viewpoint,’ Northern NSW Football CEO David Eland said.

‘As a result, the Federal program was never our primary source of funding and despite this decision we remain positive the project will receive the support through the HIIF program.’

‘The need for this facility has been highlighted recently with several of the Emerging Jets teams having no training facility beyond March 30 with the commencement of the grassroots season, with facilities across Newcastle and Lake Macquarie bursting at the seams with club commitments,’ Eland said.

‘We will continue to liaise with both Councils in relation to the facility situation but clearly the ultimate solution would be a purpose built facility, that gives elite players access to superior training and game facilities, whilst allowing grassroots clubs to utilise their facilities to service an increasing number of registered players,’ Eland concluded.

www.northernnswfootball.com.au/Picture%20Other/index.php?id=10&tx_ttnews[year]=2013&tx_ttnews[month]=03&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=2251&cHash=6a67fe2e5d1b4ce3d5ed9eee8e660840

So no go for a genuine community asset, but lets pump (another) $10m into a privately held "centre of excellence" which is owned by property developers, seems like a great idea. Meanwhile real community facilities deteriorate more and more by the day.

Have the Mariners trust, the lot who own the CoE contributed much or have they just sponged off the government handouts, it seems they are getting money for this thing ever few months, while they refuse to pay their taxes.

De-Champ
13-08-2013, 02:43 PM
So no go for a genuine community asset, but lets pump (another) $10m into a privately held "centre of excellence" which is owned by property developers, seems like a great idea. Meanwhile real community facilities deteriorate more and more by the day.

Have the Mariners trust, the lot who own the CoE contributed much or have they just sponged off the government handouts, it seems they are getting money for this thing ever few months, while they refuse to pay their taxes.

A trust does not pay tax

MFKS
13-08-2013, 04:38 PM
The Jets arent building a training centre and academy, they have existing agreements with the Uni for their training facilities and sports sciences.
Maybe you should give David Eland and Tim Owen a call and find out why they werent able to get funding for Speers Point complex.

You still havent said what project Middleby should have been asking for funding from the federal government for? I am genuinely intrigued how you can lay blame at his feet for something that doesnt exist and that he didnt get funding for?

Well for a start why aren't we building our own training facilities ?? Just because the Uni is providing them for us now doesn't mean that long term we shouldn't be looking to get our own where we can set the facilities up as we see fit and not have to deal with what is available to us and work around others. Surely a worthy cause for competent CEO of the Newcastle Jets to pursue

Why can't we look to receive some government handouts to develop the Emerging Jets program that little bit more than where it is at present. After all the Gypo scum have got a government handout to help them develop Gypo juniors for the future. These kids don't even have dedicated training grounds and act like nomads to get their training done. Surely a worthy cause for competent CEO of the Newcastle Jets to pursue

Why can't we get some more government funding to complete the Stadium of ours. After all we are hosting the Semi Final of the Asian Cup in 18 months time and a completed ground would also assist with hosting HAL GF if we ever got good again. (The Federal Government contributed to the western stand redevlopment recently so it ain't necessary a state issue)
Surely a worthy cause for competent CEO of the Newcastle Jets to pursue

Why can't we get them to cough up for the NNSW training complex at Speers Point?? A facility that when built I am sure the Jets would be using both at HAL and Emerging Jets level to develop their players

Why can't we get them to cough up and get the ****ing disgraceful pitch at Stade de Newy relaid?? I am sure a pristine surface will benefit the high tempo possession based football mantra that GVE spouts. It may also look good for our Asian Cup hosting duties.

Why can't we get them to cough up a couple of million to go into grass roots football programs in the Hunter. Whether that to be to improve drainage, build artificial pitches, build dressing sheds, install lighting etc.

Theres 6 ideas on how our CEO could actually be chasing something to benefit football in Newy/ Hunter.

Over to you to now enlighten me as to what he does that is useful for us

MFKS
13-08-2013, 04:42 PM
So I assume it's Middleby's fault we didn't get a transfer fee for Zad now & if he does somehow leave in the next fortnight, its Middleby's fault we lost our captain.

Actually started to well up listening to Zads on NBN last night. That press conference the bloke just showed how Newy he is. Wish the rest of our blokes showed that much passion to Newy.

Zads:wub:

furns
13-08-2013, 05:02 PM
:sigh:

Well for a start why aren't we building our own training facilities ?? Just because the Uni is providing them for us now doesn't mean that long term we shouldn't be looking to get our own where we can set the facilities up as we see fit and not have to deal with what is available to us and work around others. Surely a worthy cause for competent CEO of the Newcastle Jets to pursue
What is the point on spending millions of dollars on duplicating a resource that already exists and is proven? The Jets have always trained there and have the facilities are top notch, what is the point of moving?

Why can't we look to receive some government handouts to develop the Emerging Jets program that little bit more than where it is at present. After all the Gypo scum have got a government handout to help them develop Gypo juniors for the future. These kids don't even have dedicated training grounds and act like nomads to get their training done. Surely a worthy cause for competent CEO of the Newcastle Jets to pursue
This is the Speers Point complex as mentioned above. NNSWFF responsibility as a part of the Northern Alliance.

Why can't we get some more government funding to complete the Stadium of ours. After all we are hosting the Semi Final of the Asian Cup in 18 months time and a completed ground would also assist with hosting HAL GF if we ever got good again. (The Federal Government contributed to the western stand redevlopment recently so it ain't necessary a state issue)
The ground is run by Hunter Venues, not HSG. HSG are a tenant not an owner, so why would Robbie spend time chasing this up beyond raising tenancy issues with the administrators of the venue? This sort of lobbying would be done by HSG on behalf of the Jets and the Knights, not RM by himself.

Why can't we get them to cough up for the NNSW training complex at Speers Point?? A facility that when built I am sure the Jets would be using both at HAL and Emerging Jets level to develop their players
Again, NNSWFF area of responsibility. David Eland.

Why can't we get them to cough up and get the ****ing disgraceful pitch at Stade de Newy relaid?? I am sure a pristine surface will benefit the high tempo possession based football mantra that GVE spouts. It may also look good for our Asian Cup hosting duties.
Again, stadium is run by Hunter Venues. Beyond raising the issue with them, not much HSG can do. All the money for venues seems to get prioritised to the RL venues here in Sydney. We have raised the question with RM during podcasts about the pitch, and they constantly speak to them regarding it (his words), the answer they get back from HV is there isnt money to do a relay. Suggest you lobby the state MPs.

Why can't we get them to cough up a couple of million to go into grass roots football programs in the Hunter. Whether that to be to improve drainage, build artificial pitches, build dressing sheds, install lighting etc.
Grassroots football is helped by the Jets through the Northern Alliance, google it. Beyond that, sourcing further funding is the responsibility of NNSWFF, but most of these sorts of grants and handouts seem to go to rugby league or WSW to win votes.

Theres 6 ideas on how our CEO could actually be chasing something to benefit football in Newy/ Hunter.

Over to you to now enlighten me as to what he does that is useful for us
This is my point, most of the anti-RM brigade will blame him for just about anything - including stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with him or even the Jets. And as q-man said its usually Craig Deans fault anyway.

That is sarcasm n00bs btw

furns
13-08-2013, 05:06 PM
I like the fact you are passionate and have an opinion Member, but you need to be open to others opinions as well.

Jetmaster
13-08-2013, 05:21 PM
Furns has nailed it - none of this has anything to do with HSG or Robbie Middleby.

I would also hazard a guess that the Central Coast has more business savvy people running their show, and who network well with the pollies.

Our big boss is certainly no philanthropist and you have to give to receive. Well done Scum business people - we could learn something.

russjaybee
13-08-2013, 06:07 PM
Rofl @ thinking CEOs actually do anything.

My2BobsWorth
13-08-2013, 06:11 PM
Read that Singo paid for Arnies birthdy party too

Premy
13-08-2013, 06:32 PM
Why is everyone surprised that Newcastle gets bypassed for government funds FFS Labour won't spend money here neither will the Liberals it's funny that you think anything different will happen.

Pico
13-08-2013, 07:22 PM
A trust does not pay tax

Must be something else then, or the ATO has made a bit of a stuff up.

www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/former-mp-sues-mariners-after-tax-office-tells-her-to-cough-up-14m-20120601-1zn6a.html

www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/football/central-coast-mariners-set-crucial-goals-for-survival/story-fnddhv0x-1226611191115

Either way mariners at times have been in $1.2m debt to the government, yet they still continue to get government handouts for their private facilities, while grass roots clubs struggle to get anything.

Onehunglow
13-08-2013, 09:08 PM
I have been told by someone who should know that the Speers Point facility is a very strong chance of going ahead.

hawk
13-08-2013, 10:03 PM
Why is everyone surprised that Newcastle gets bypassed for government funds FFS Labour won't spend money here neither will the Liberals it's funny that you think anything different will happen.

protest > block coal trains > get money

De-Champ
14-08-2013, 10:06 AM
Must be something else then, or the ATO has made a bit of a stuff up.

www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/former-mp-sues-mariners-after-tax-office-tells-her-to-cough-up-14m-20120601-1zn6a.html

www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/football/central-coast-mariners-set-crucial-goals-for-survival/story-fnddhv0x-1226611191115

Either way mariners at times have been in $1.2m debt to the government, yet they still continue to get government handouts for their private facilities, while grass roots clubs struggle to get anything.

That is not tax by or from the trust . It is probably wages tax, GST that they have not remitted.

Grimario
15-08-2013, 08:36 PM
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/ALeague-clubs-to-add-extra-seat-on-the-bench/72800

Hyundai A-League coaches will have a greater number of substitutes at their disposal for the upcoming season, following the announcement by Football Federation Australia (FFA) that the number of players nominated for the bench on match-days will increase by one player.

This will see the number of players on the bench rise from four to five, in order to give coaches greater flexibility in deciding the composition of their reserves. The number of actual substitutions allowed will remain at the globally recognised three.

A-League coaches have campaigned for the rise in order to help bring the league into line with others around the world. It is anticipated the change will help allow coaches to play some of their younger squad members, who ordinarily might struggle to play the full 90 minutes of a match.

The FFA agreed to heed their calls following consultation with Club Owners as as part of the A-League review. “Having an additional substitute will give coaches greater tactical options on match days which should translate to an even more exciting and closely fought Hyundai A-league season for fans,” an FFA spokesperson said.

Onehunglow
15-08-2013, 09:19 PM
THE Newcastle Jets have announced their final player signing for the 2013-14 season, former Netherlands international defender Kew Jaliens.

The 34-year-old represented Holland on 10 occasions – and appeared at both the 2006 World Cup and 2008 Beijing Olympics.

At club level, he played for a decade in the Dutch Eredivisie for Sparta Rotterdam, Willem II and AZ Alkmaar, helping the latter win the 2009 title and qualify for the European Champions League.

He has spent the past three season playing for Polish club Wisla Krakow in the Ekstraklasa.

Jaliens is expected to link with the Jets in the next few weeks.

He is the second Dutch import to play for the Jets after striker Donny de Groot.

THE Newcastle Jets have announced their final player signing for the 2013-14 season, former Netherlands international defender Kew Jaliens.

The 34-year-old represented Holland on 10 occasions – and appeared at both the 2006 World Cup and 2008 Beijing Olympics.

At club level, he played for a decade in the Dutch Eredivisie for Sparta Rotterdam, Willem II and AZ Alkmaar, helping the latter win the 2009 title and qualify for the European Champions League.

He has spent the past three season playing for Polish club Wisla Krakow in the Ekstraklasa.

He is the second Dutch import to play for the Jets after striker Donny de Groot.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1708***/video-jets-sign-netherlands-defender-kew-jaliens/?cs=306

joel31
15-08-2013, 09:20 PM
About time about the benches

Onehunglow
15-08-2013, 09:20 PM
sorry must of go exited with the triple paste on last post!

joel31
15-08-2013, 09:21 PM
"THE Newcastle Jets have announced their final player signing for the 2013-14 season, former Netherlands international defender Kew Jaliens."

You mean Middleby is too dumb to buy an attacking mid. Pretty sure we still have a few foreigner spots left as well

militiamon
15-08-2013, 09:53 PM
Coincidence that we sign a foreign player on the same day an extra spot on the bench is announced?

I think not.

&1gest
16-08-2013, 10:48 AM
Garcia to Sydney FC http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/sydneyfc/news-display/Sydney-FC-signs-Socceroo-Richard-Garcia/72843

BodyNovo
16-08-2013, 10:54 AM
Sydney no salary cap fc

Strikes again.

Premy
16-08-2013, 11:59 AM
Sudney going with the Brazil attitude of it doesn't matter how many we concede will just score more approach

Jeterpool
16-08-2013, 12:11 PM
I don't know how they can afford him.

BodyNovo
16-08-2013, 12:16 PM
the old greg inglis boat ploy i reckon

steve136
16-08-2013, 12:23 PM
Nah I reckon they'd be well within the cap. It just seems bad to us Jets fans because they actually spend the whole salary cap rather than falling short, whilst we're paying a bunch of 19 year olds more money than they're worth.

Grimario
16-08-2013, 12:27 PM
Nah I reckon they'd be well within the cap. It just seems bad to us Jets fans because they actually spend the whole salary cap rather than falling short, whilst we're paying a bunch of 19 year olds more money than they're worth.

Outside of the handful of top notch high price players, the rest of their squad is pretty dire. 15 or so turds on minimum HAL wage still leave a pretty large pool of cash for everyone else.

lil_masi
16-08-2013, 12:33 PM
Garcia to Sydney FC http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/sydneyfc/news-display/Sydney-FC-signs-Socceroo-Richard-Garcia/72843

There goes my hope of signing Garcia :(

Thomas477
16-08-2013, 02:51 PM
Arnie has had another of his brillant ideas.

Allow home teams to have 7 players on the bench and away teams only 5.

Seems like he's worried about being beaten at home.

Pico
16-08-2013, 03:51 PM
Arnie has had another of his brillant ideas.

Allow home teams to have 7 players on the bench and away teams only 5.

Seems like he's worried about being beaten at home.

Personally I wouldn't mind it if the FFA said each team can have 7 subs, but they will still only provide travel funding for 5, if the clubs want the extra two they can find the money from their own budgets or deal with only having 5, I think you'd find most would find the cash for the extra players.

But seriously actually changing the rules so that the home teams get a mandated more bench players over the visitors is one of the stupidest things arnie has ever said.

GazFish35
16-08-2013, 03:56 PM
have heard he also wants away team goalkeepers to play with hands tied behind their backs, and for the strikers to be blindfolded.

Bon
16-08-2013, 04:55 PM
have heard he also wants away team goalkeepers to play with hands tied behind their backs, and for the strikers to be blindfolded.

We would still lose at home...

Grimario
16-08-2013, 05:07 PM
We would still lose at home...

GVE's proposal is to make shots by Jerks that end up in the stands count for 2.

We might still lose but it's a step in the right direction!

Bon
16-08-2013, 05:09 PM
GVE's proposal is to make attempted crosses by Jerks that end up in the stands count for 2.

We might still lose but it's a step in the right direction!

Fixed.

joel31
16-08-2013, 05:51 PM
Jets to host active support forum

Friday, 16 August 2013 4:35 PM

The Hunter Ports Newcastle Jets will host an active support forum at Newcastle Panthers on Thursday, September 5 starting at 6pm.

All Jets Members and supporters interested in active support are welcome to attend the forum and voice their opinion on a variety of active support topics.

The forum is also an opportunity for those Jets fans that are new to the concept of active support to get a better understanding of how active support works and how they can get involved.

Representatives from the Newcastle Jets, including members of the playing staff will be in attendance on the night.

Through songs, banners and tifo displays, active supporters bring a truly unique level of noise, colour and passion to football stadiums around the world.

Hunter Stadium is no exception to this, with Newcastle Jets players having fed off the energy and passion of the crowd for the past eight A-League seasons.

The Newcastle Jets aim to continue growing the Club’s active support base to ensure Hunter Stadium becomes a fortress for the Jets and a intimidating place for opposition teams to come and play.

The upcoming forum is a chance for Jets supporters who are passionate about active support to play their part in shaping the match day atmosphere at Hunter Stadium for the upcoming A-League season and beyond.

Newcastle Jets Active Support Forum
Newcastle Panthers
Thursday, September 5
Start time 6pm

Note:
-No prior registration is required to attend the forum. All Jets Members and supporters have to do is turn up on the night and have their say!
-The forum is being held to discuss active support only and other Club matters will not be discussed at this particular forum.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Jets-to-host-active-support-forum/72878

MFKS
16-08-2013, 06:06 PM
Seeing that I was gonna clear the schedule for the night to go vent my fury.

As it is about Active Support and not general club issues I couldn't be arsed.

Can someone going raise the subject of a general club one so a few can do their nuts on the soapbox

My2BobsWorth
16-08-2013, 06:12 PM
Bet they don't tell em where the Tenzo is

GazFish35
16-08-2013, 08:53 PM
Bet they don't tell em where the Tenzo is

Huh?

My2BobsWorth
17-08-2013, 08:24 PM
What is the exact address of the Tenzo

Premy
17-08-2013, 08:27 PM
Roar V Jets 20th December likely to be at Ballymore Stadium former home of Brisbane Strickers

Grimario
18-08-2013, 03:04 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BR55-DnCQAII9Ef.jpg

boz-monaut
18-08-2013, 03:38 PM
a quick google image search of Tara Rushton confirms that this is indeed a very, very good development for football in this country

Tommyjet
18-08-2013, 03:56 PM
I like what I see

q-money
18-08-2013, 05:26 PM
http://backpagefootball.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/tardelli.jpg

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01495/adebayor_1495108c.jpg

http://www.tennisgrandstand.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/hewitt.jpg

q-money
18-08-2013, 05:30 PM
also lucy zelic (y), hosts the FFA weekly warm up podcast, clearly the most talented zelic in the family

http://instagram.com/lucyzelic

http://distilleryimage7.s3.amazonaws.com/9e6203f0d74a11e2bc3b22000ae80efa_7.jpg

http://distilleryimage4.s3.amazonaws.com/e64d0a38866a11e282e022000a1fbc68_7.jpg

http://distilleryimage4.s3.amazonaws.com/62f6466a7fec11e2b8f122000a1f9345_7.jpg

Jeterpool
18-08-2013, 06:19 PM
Mel who.......?

Nah I'm kidding myself - never forget you Mel.

militiamon
18-08-2013, 07:56 PM
Tara Rushton? You had me at 'Eurasian'.

seldom
18-08-2013, 08:17 PM
good engines

stopper2
18-08-2013, 10:18 PM
Heard from a good source that after the Bonnyrigg game that the Jets squad were secretly sent to an army barracks for a 2 day "bonding" session west of Sydney. There will be more in the Herald tomorrow but from what I heard the players were far from impressed to be abused by army personnel, woken 3am in the morning and sprayed with water hoses and put through army drills as if they were new recruits. Heskey would have been thinking WTF have I got myself into now!

seldom
18-08-2013, 10:24 PM
Heard from a good source that after the Bonnyrigg game that the Jets squad were secretly sent to an army barracks for a 2 day "bonding" session west of Sydney. There will be more in the Herald tomorrow but from what I heard the players were far from impressed to be abused by army personnel, woken 3am in the morning and sprayed with water hoses and put through army drills as if they were new recruits. Heskey would have been thinking WTF have I got myself into now!

least Kasey only had to run laps

evolution
18-08-2013, 10:38 PM
Bridgey tweeted yesterday:

Michael Bridges ‏@MickyBridges8 17 Aug
The Last 36hours military training with SOER officers has been 1 of my toughest achievements ever����
#Teamwork
#JetsPreSeason
#NoPainNoGain