PDA

View Full Version : Registration Fees

oneeye
27-01-2013, 04:25 PM
Hi Guys
Can anyone give me an idea about Registration Fee cost for clubs playing Zone League football in Newcastle?

Also what you get included in a package.
Thanks

boz-monaut
27-01-2013, 05:30 PM
the set costs to be paid to Newcastle Football by each senior player is $182:
$22.78 - FFA
$98.00 - NNSW and insurance
$44.72 - Newcastle Football
$16.55 - GST

clubs will put additional costs on this to cover ground hire, referees fees, membership and administrative costs

fore example, Cooks Hill United's total cost for registration for Zone Football League in 2013 is $370

Bulldogs 1962
27-01-2013, 07:41 PM
Barnsley bulldogs obviously register with Macquarie football not newcastle but they are so similar, I think off the top of my head it was $178 with them.
But we are charging our players $300 total this year which will get them a game, club shirt, home and away playing shorts and socks and a club jacket, there are no other fees for the season, no match fees just turn up and play. This is up $20 from last year as the jack is a new addition and the club moving up to ZPL. We think this is one of the cheapest in zone football will be interested to see what others are!
Also have heard that some others in ZPL are over the $500 mark

nbnjet
27-01-2013, 08:53 PM
$22.78 - FFA
$16.55 - GST

clubs will put additional costs on this to cover ground hire, referees fees, membership and administrative costs

fore example, Cooks Hill United's total cost for registration for Zone Football League in 2013 is $370

How much just for insurance?

boz-monaut
27-01-2013, 09:08 PM
that's the breakdown given by NNSW, they don't split it any further

MFKS
28-01-2013, 03:56 PM
$22.78 - FFA
$16.55 - GST

An absolute rort if these figures are correct.

FFA have a lot to answer to if that is the cost for a member of Joe Public to play this game.

FFA NNSW and Newcastle Football not to mention the Federal Government seem to be making a killing out of this game yet when pressed would moan they are broke

prawnhead
28-01-2013, 04:35 PM
An absolute rort if these figures are correct.

FFA have a lot to answer to if that is the cost for a member of Joe Public to play this game.

FFA NNSW and Newcastle Football not to mention the Federal Government seem to be making a killing out of this game yet when pressed would moan they are broke

I reckon! Let's at least hope that they have a few bob set aside to develop the inept State League coaches.

nbnjet
28-01-2013, 04:59 PM
$22.78 - FFA
$16.55 - GST

Whats the breakdown for junior registration?

boz-monaut
29-01-2013, 08:21 AM
instead of all you blokes claiming that you're being rorted without knowing anything about the way the game is run, or having any involvement in running it, please go and look at the financial statement from the NNSW Annual Report

http://issuu.com/northernnswfootball/docs/2011_annual_report/52

then please document where the administrators are going wrong, where money is being taken from players and not put back into the game, as well as where these organisations are claiming to be broke

Youaskedforit
29-01-2013, 08:46 AM
Lake Macquarie All Age charging $340.00 , what the hell ?

Cheaper to play ID3 at Toronto.

pv4
29-01-2013, 09:01 AM
from memory it's going to cost around $340 for rego @ westlakes (zone league 2). i believe it includes a playing jersey & entry to club functions (presso night, etc), plus all the club costs and all that.

Youaskedforit
29-01-2013, 09:07 AM
from memory it's going to cost around $340 for rego @ westlakes (zone league 2). i believe it includes a playing jersey & entry to club functions (presso night, etc), plus all the club costs and all that.

You dont have to make money out of the saturday kickabouts to fund Westlakes first grade but, unless youre on good money PV4 ; )

MFKS
29-01-2013, 05:19 PM
instead of all you blokes claiming that you're being rorted without knowing anything about the way the game is run, or having any involvement in running it, please go and look at the financial statement from the NNSW Annual Report

http://issuu.com/northernnswfootball/docs/2011_annual_report/52

then please document where the administrators are going wrong, where money is being taken from players and not put back into the game, as well as where these organisations are claiming to be broke

5 million revenue. 1.1 million in wages for 13 FULLTIME staff. Seems awfully high to be having 20% of income going to people with snouts in the trough. Most other businsses I have seen operate on a much lower percentage closer to the 10% mark .

Like Most financial reports Boz there is far too much generalistation as to where the funds are going. ie Whats the breakdown in the High Performance expenses?? How has that money be spent?? Money can easily be frittered away in some of these areas easily. ie staying in the dearest hotel in town as opposed to the alternate of staying 3 star etc. How can you expect anyone to answer your questions from this document are beyond me. The Info ain't there.

Boz my general point about this subject is it is ridiculous for people to be expected to be paying these type of fees. FFA should be ensuring fees to play football l in this country are at their lowest possible. I ain't seeing that from them.

In light of these fees you would expect our coaching systems to be state of the art and the game in this country flourishing when other third world countries can produce the goods talent wise on much less money than we are putting in.

Money is frittered away in this country and it is a shame and a disgrace that it is allowed to happen

demon
30-01-2013, 10:09 PM
5 million revenue. 1.1 million in wages for 13 FULLTIME staff. Seems awfully high to be having 20% of income going to people with snouts in the trough. Most other businsses I have seen operate on a much lower percentage closer to the 10% mark .

How many other business do you have intimate knowledge of that are so service based???? You can't possibly compare a manufacturing or retail business to a sports body, that is just an ill informed statement to make.

Like Most financial reports Boz there is far too much generalistation as to where the funds are going. ie Whats the breakdown in the High Performance expenses?? How has that money be spent?? Money can easily be frittered away in some of these areas easily. ie staying in the dearest hotel in town as opposed to the alternate of staying 3 star etc. How can you expect anyone to answer your questions from this document are beyond me. The Info ain't there.

Surprisingly millions of financial analysts and planners use such documents all the time to make assessments on much larger and complex business. Perhaps it is because they are experienced in things they comment on.

Boz my general point about this subject is it is ridiculous for people to be expected to be paying these type of fees. FFA should be ensuring fees to play football l in this country are at their lowest possible. I ain't seeing that from them.

In light of these fees you would expect our coaching systems to be state of the art and the game in this country flourishing when other third world countries can produce the goods talent wise on much less money than we are putting in.

Have you attended a recent FFA run education course? Seen a Sean Kelly presentation on tactics? Had Norm Broadman explaining coaching course presentations? Paid to go to the upcoming Coaching Education Seminar Northern are running? Completed your C or B Cert's in the last couple of years? Read the reports of last seasons Participation Survey? Need I go on?

Before saying you "ain't seeing" anything lets first make sure what effort your making to see them. Compare what is provided and offered in coaching education now to ten years ago or 20 years ago. Compare the effort and researach being done to see why people leave the code, why parents bring them to the code in the first place, what the sports costs when you actually compare to say ballet or martial arts over 7 months.

Because those and more are what is being done, I've actually seen it.

Money is frittered away in this country and it is a shame and a disgrace that it is allowed to happen

I look forward to seeing you gain the support from your own club and others around your area for your own nomination to the Northern Board at the next elections then shall we?

Look, I don't agree with every dollar spent, or the quality of every project taken on but making sweeping negative statements backed by nothing but an apparent lack of knowledge do our code no help at all.

late_to_the_game
06-02-2013, 07:42 AM
Agree the coach education stuff (in my experience) is done really well.

My current gripe with the FFA specifically, is with the MyFootball online payment system. If a club uses it to accept credit cards, then the FFA take 3%. Our club has used a different system for the last 4 seasons, and even after setting up our own merchant account, we only pay 1.2% (Over nearly 100k in rego fees it adds up)
You can bet the FFA is paying no more than 0.5% (the bigger you are the less you pay). So the FFA is "skiming" an extra 2.5% off all regos paid on line in Australia......

punter
06-02-2013, 05:50 PM
I reckon! Let's at least hope that they have a few bob set aside to develop the inept State League coaches. A bit harse on the coaches dont you think. I think most if not all take there job pretty seriously and are doing research to make them selves better. The 2 coaches i know have developed very well over the years by bits that northern have done as well as developing them selves. I agree northern could do more and this weeks coaching weekend is doing more. It will be interesting which coaches dont go, That would make them the coaches that dont want to be developed.

Chadandkira12
06-02-2013, 07:13 PM
The boys I coached 2 years ago U18s didn't play last year in All age because it was going to be $330 that was only rego ad $5 a game upfront had to buy your own shorts adsocks if u didn't have any that was Barnsey juniors

shark attack
06-02-2013, 08:02 PM
i think you will find the terrace has been the cheapest for years. $250.00 for rego for past couple of years this included games fees , club shirt , shorts and socks , someone correct me if im wrong but i think this about right , this year i think it is $290.00 same deal.

stockton charge $300.00 which includes game fees , training gear ( shirt and shorts ) club shirt , shorts and socks.
not bad for a squad that is only 2 years in the running. each year we move along the rego at stockton has been getting cheaper and next year it will more than likley be cheaper again.

WolfMan
06-02-2013, 08:45 PM
Incredible the amounts of Rego's being quoted on here (I mean that in a good way).

The club I have intimate knowledge of has held their Rego fees at the same level across the board, and will make a LOSS of $16 per All Age player. I haven't looked through the entire structure, but can only assume this loss will be replicated all the way through the Age brackets.

punter
06-02-2013, 09:56 PM
Incredible the amounts of Rego's being quoted on here (I mean that in a good way).

The club I have intimate knowledge of has held their Rego fees at the same level across the board, and will make a LOSS of $16 per All Age player. I haven't looked through the entire structure, but can only assume this loss will be replicated all the way through the Age brackets.what are all the state leage and new fm clubs charging for rego

WolfMan
06-02-2013, 10:43 PM
Afraid I can't answer that accurately

RANGER09
07-02-2013, 11:25 AM
i think you will find the terrace has been the cheapest for years. $250.00 for rego for past couple of years this included games fees , club shirt , shorts and socks , someone correct me if im wrong but i think this about right , this year i think it is $290.00 same deal.

stockton charge $300.00 which includes game fees , training gear ( shirt and shorts ) club shirt , shorts and socks.
not bad for a squad that is only 2 years in the running. each year we move along the rego at stockton has been getting cheaper and next year it will more than likley be cheaper again.

Pretty sure it is still $250, Subsidised by the club through sponsership and raffles. Is a good incentive to play grade and good for younger guys who struggle to get the money together come rego time.
Just need more players to get back to the Tavern & support the sponsor after home games to keep this up :)

demon
07-02-2013, 12:20 PM
My current gripe with the FFA specifically, is with the MyFootball online payment system. If a club uses it to accept credit cards, then the FFA take 3%. Our club has used a different system for the last 4 seasons, and even after setting up our own merchant account, we only pay 1.2% (Over nearly 100k in rego fees it adds up)
You can bet the FFA is paying no more than 0.5% (the bigger you are the less you pay). So the FFA is "skiming" an extra 2.5% off all regos paid on line in Australia......

The FFA make no financial gain off the Merchant Fees, that fee was set by the providor of the online payment system as part of their involvement in setting up the secure system within MFC. Agree the fee is too high but that wasn't the FFA, but is why has not been taken up by many clubs around Aus.

I suggest clubs look at opening their own accounts with one of the Australian based companies that offer swiper attachements for smart phones. The fees we competitive and the attachment is easy (and cost only $19), plugs into the ear plug of the mobile and a small app does the rest, money in the account instantly and the player can be emailed a receipt instantly also. Fabulous systems, I won't advertise any here but if anyone needs further details send me a message and I will show you the one I use.

demon
07-02-2013, 02:32 PM
I believe West wallsend are approaching the $450 mark and Adamstown similar (not sure as yet as son hasn't actually hit me up for the money as yet).

I don't think any club profits to any real degree on rego fees. They pay their amount to their Zone, Federation and FFA but then they have to account for:

Referees Fee for 8 or 10 home games. Socks and Shorts for those that provide, training shirts/strips likewise, club polo shirts. If they are a junior club without large sponsors then you are looking at additional things such as presentation day, ground marking, repairs, training equipment, even playing shirts all have to be purchased at some date.

Take a junior club: I think someone said it was about $180 for rego?

Assume the club doesn't provide any clothes but they will generally have an amount set aside for at least a trophy for the end of season at about $15. A new strip will last 3 years generally and cost most clubs around $300 for a basic strip numbered and logo'd so thats around $7 a player a year. training gear lasts generally two years so a decent set of ten training balls another $5 a player a year, bibs and cones another couple of dollars each.

Ground marking is around $150/field so assume your teams pays for one field marking a season is another $10, referees $52 for an all age game so ten home games would be $34 a player for the year.

So $180 for fees then another $75 for costs and a club needs as around minimum $255 and thats without any socks, shorts, polo shirts, etc.

And its probably a little more for the Federation clubs who then do provide trainin shirts, playing shorts/socks, club shirts etc

It's a high figure but if you play 18 games in a season, 90 mins a game and paid $300 rego.... that about $11/hour of game time.

Then compare what you paid in rego for your child in a similar way and look at what music or karate or dance lessons cost a week, we are a pretty reasonable activity when you compare things in an equal way.

weston
07-02-2013, 06:57 PM
This is completely irrelevant to you guys but just for comparison reasons i guess. I have to pay $270 to play this year in the Mackay competition in nth queensland.

Roger
07-02-2013, 08:45 PM
Charlestown ZL2 $440

boz-monaut
07-02-2013, 10:23 PM
differences in fees between clubs comes down to a few factors
* sponsorship
* ground hiring fees
* competition being played
* payments for refs during or before season

Cooks Hill United aren't the cheapest club around, but we have extraordinarily high costs to hire our grounds, such as our recent bill for $2,600 just for pre-season ground hire - that turns out to be $15/player

our in season ground fees are closer to $40-$50/player

clubs like us aren't hoarding money, every dollar we get is going back into improving the grounds and facilities, not to mention countless hours being put in by the committee and volunteers

we'd love to reduce rego costs but the financial reality is that we can't

pv4
08-02-2013, 07:50 AM
differences in fees between clubs comes down to a few factors
* sponsorship
* ground hiring fees
* competition being played
* payments for refs during or before season

+ payments for other players can be taken into account

i know some clubs (from nbn through to zl2 - not westlakes btw) charge their rego-paying players more money, in order to pay for their "better" players rego/wages.

roger, just curious as it's a fellow zl2 team - what are charlestown players getting for such a seemingly high rego cost in comparison to the rest?

demon
08-02-2013, 10:58 AM
This is completely irrelevant to you guys but just for comparison reasons i guess. I have to pay $270 to play this year in the Mackay competition in nth queensland.

Be interesting if you know what the Federation charge for your insurance portion of the fee thou to compare. I still think it should be an opt in/out system with any insurer who offers soemthing suitable like all insurance schemes not compulsory with the Federation.

Roger
08-02-2013, 07:47 PM
+ payments for other players can be taken into account

i know some clubs (from nbn through to zl2 - not westlakes btw) charge their rego-paying players more money, in order to pay for their "better" players rego/wages.

roger, just curious as it's a fellow zl2 team - what are charlestown players getting for such a seemingly high rego cost in comparison to the rest?

Other than FFA, insurance, council etc, it covers training equipment, ref fees, shorts, 2 pair of socks, club polo, awards for presentation night and entry on the night.

Blackmac79
08-02-2013, 08:17 PM
Cost me $280 to play in Granville and Districts

08-02-2013, 08:29 PM
Be interesting if you know what the Federation charge for your insurance portion of the fee thou to compare. I still think it should be an opt in/out system with any insurer who offers soemthing suitable like all insurance schemes not compulsory with the Federation.

Yep something more comprehensive indeed. Sustain an injury that is not considered urgent at your local hospital and you need to go private you can end up out of pocket considerably once you surpass 5K and medicare rebates included.

Captain_Carl
19-11-2021, 08:08 AM
Registration fees will only head in one direction but compared to Sydney we have a fairly good deal (relatively speaking)