PDA

View Full Version : HAL 12/13 Rd 19 - Newcastle Jets vs Sydney FC - 2/2/13 k/off 530pm AEDST

furns
29-01-2013, 02:48 PM
http://www.newcastlefootball.net/home/2013/01/20122013-hyundai-a-league-round-19/
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z83/furns/JetsLogo.gif VS http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z83/furns/sydney-fc1.jpg

2012/2013 Hyundai A-League
Season 8 Round 19
Newcastle United Jets FC vs Sydney FC

When: Saturday 2nd February, 2013
Where: Hunter Stadium, 294 Turton Road, New Lambton, NSW
Kickoff: 530pm AEDST (gates open 4pm)
Tickets: https://www.proticket.com.au/event.asp?eventid=1946
Pre-match: from 2pm District Park Tennis Club, Cnr Lambton and Curley Rds Broadmeadow
Watch: LIVE on Foxsports 1 and FoxSports 1HD
Listen: ABC Newcastle 1233 or ABC Grandstand online
Tweet: @newyboys #jetsvsydreally dont know what to think about this one

boz-monaut
29-01-2013, 03:12 PM
loose

Griffo to score

world to end

Scozz to go on shooting spree

Rocknerd
29-01-2013, 03:20 PM
Newy to win, Griff to score and walk humbly away (as he did when he scored against us in Beijing) Griff-lite to score and get massive props from the Squadron Novocastia and Heskey to pop in a double.

But really, loose.

halo se7en
29-01-2013, 04:30 PM
Jets 2-1… we aren't capable of winning by more than a goal. We won't play great but still manage to scrape home after a late barrage from Sydney.

MFKS
29-01-2013, 05:02 PM
Gonna give Lord Griffo a huge cheer pre game and everytime he gets on the ball.

Any Haters can go get ****ed

HATERS GONNA HATE

MEMBER DON"T CARE LORD GRIFFO IS GOD

My2BobsWorth
29-01-2013, 05:07 PM
Smurf

sh10
29-01-2013, 05:16 PM
Member for Kissing Schlong

WolfMan
29-01-2013, 05:21 PM
I won't be booing "He who walks on water". I hope if/when he does score, he is classy about it. But I'm sure he will be.

My2BobsWorth
29-01-2013, 05:33 PM
No booos, that would be bad form, just the sound of the crickets.

scozzygt
29-01-2013, 06:49 PM
Gonna give Lord Griffo a huge cheer pre game and everytime he gets on the ball.

Any Haters can go get ****ed

HATERS GONNA HATE

MEMBER DON"T CARE LORD GRIFFO IS GOD

:deadhorse:
And when you get home, your gravy sacs will erupt on tha poster of him
glued to your bedroom ceiling.
Well an good buddy.
Your devotion is just what he seeks.
:arse:

scozzygt
29-01-2013, 06:52 PM
loose

Griffo to score

world to end

Scozz to go on shooting spree

boz, u crack me, honestly.
Ma pistol has been well polished in advance.

parksey
29-01-2013, 07:55 PM
Newy to win, Griff to score and walk humbly away (as he did when he scored against us in Beijing) Griff-lite to score and get massive props from the Squadron Novocastia and Heskey to pop in a double.

But really, loose.

it was ryan griff who scored against us for beijing.

lquiquer
29-01-2013, 08:05 PM
242ADP staying at FC next year....he's got it covered!! :redcard:

Buddha
29-01-2013, 09:06 PM
5-4 win, Griff to get 4 goals for Sydney and an own goal for us to win the match in the 8th minute of stoppage time.

terry
29-01-2013, 10:09 PM
the blue aids fest is comin to newy. lock up your dogs unless they like smurf tongue licken their nobs. dirty blue c88ts

Jetmaster
29-01-2013, 10:20 PM
it was ryan griff who scored against us for beijing.

Here is that celebration from R Griff...and memories of a great night !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr0PKKh0UsA

pv4
29-01-2013, 10:26 PM
Here is that celebration from R Griff...and memories of a great night !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr0PKKh0UsA

BK woulda saved it

:lulzturtle:

seldom
29-01-2013, 11:37 PM
So who's playin CBs for us this match ?...worries me a little with Griff back.....Draw 1 all,ADP to get himself off the ground just long enough to score the equaliser.Goody for us.

selassie
30-01-2013, 05:37 AM
can't wait to boo griff. gotta.

Jetmaster
30-01-2013, 08:04 AM
Booooooooooooo !!!!

Joel expects mixed reception from Newcastle fans

a fan once used spray paint to change griffiths road to "joel griffiths road", and at the height of his stardom the striker rivalled andrew johns in the newcastle popularity stakes.

Now a hired gun for sydney fc, griffiths expects a far different reception when he walks on to hunter stadium on saturday.

"i will be surprised if i don't get a few boos, if not a lot," griffiths told the herald yesterday.

"that is how it should be. It is great that people have that passion no matter who you are and what you have done.

"there will be sections that cheer me and some who boo me."

it has been four years since griffiths played the last of his 59 games for the jets - a period that produced a golden boot, johnny warren medal, 2007-08 championship and asian champions league qualification.

"i can vouch for most of the guys, jade [north], andrew durante, ante covic, my brother [adam] . . . We all talk about that year and how good it was, how good the team and town bonded together as one to win that championship," griffiths said.

"i get the dvd out and watch it and still get chills down my back.

"i loved every minute of it, but time goes on.

"i could not be happier with the position i am in at sydney.

"they are a big club, they look after the players really well, and i'm happy to be here."

griffiths, whose wife, bianca, is expecting their second child on may 1, spent four years in china, where he helped lead beijing guoan to a super league title, before a season at shanghai shenhua alongside superstars didier drogba and nicolas anelka.

He played for beijing against the jets in the acl, but this will be his first visit as a member of a rival a-league club.

"four years is a long time and i think a lot of people have moved on," he said. "i'm sure it will be quite emotional, but at the end of the day you have to be professional and do the best for whoever is paying your wages.

"when i went to beijing with shanghai and stepped up to take a penalty, there were 50,000 people screaming things you don't want to know. It is part of football. It's not ideal, but it keeps the punters happy.

"i just have to prepare like it is any other game."

griffiths has scored two goals in two games for the sky blues, a start that came as little surprise to jets coach gary van egmond, who approached griffiths before the club signed emile heskey.

He may now be 33, but on the early evidence griffiths has lost none of his pace, ability to get in behind defences and eye for goal.

"it is always nice to score, but i'm still trying to find my feet a little bit," griffiths said.

"i missed most of last week with a hip flexor problem and i still have to work on my combination with del piero. I think that lacked a little bit on the weekend.

"every game is tough, but newcastle in particular will be tough. They have recorded some clean sheets and have been pretty solid."

joel will team up with twin adam, who returned from a knee injury in sydney's 3-1 loss to victory, against younger brother ryan on saturday.

It is the first time all three have been on the field since joel and ryan played for beijing against adam during the jets' acl tilt.
See your ad here

"it is something unique," he said. "i don't think it has ever happened in the a-league.

"my parents will be pretty chuffed about it, but there won't be much communication between myself and ryan.

"we will just do our own thing."

sydney sit two points and three rungs below the fifth-placed jets.

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!

pv4
30-01-2013, 08:14 AM
can confirm i will be booing.. at gve, hsg & bridges (the dude that is using the squad spot we didn't have free to sign griff, apparently).

confetti bomb when griff scores, anyone?

Jetmaster
30-01-2013, 08:41 AM
We didn't sign Griff...

1/ Because he had no real desire to come back and hasn't for some time.
2/ Middleby didn't really want him.

Blame Middleby, Griffo's agent (who hijacked previous attempts to get him here) and Griff himself (who isn't the sharpest tool in the shed).

For once I can't see any blame for GVE, Deans or Bridges.

Booooooooooo!!!!!!

goaliepersempre
30-01-2013, 08:51 AM
We didn't sign Griff...

Blame Middleby, Griffo's agent (who hijacked previous attempts to get him here) and Griff himself (who isn't the sharpest tool in the shed).

Booooooooooo!!!!!!

that has to go down as Foz Blasphemy....

snake
30-01-2013, 09:22 AM
miss you griff!

luv, your greatest admirer,

jim

<3 <3 <3 :wub: :wub: <3 <3 <3

la bazzle
30-01-2013, 09:45 AM
Love griff. Had a dream he scored and did a heaps good celebration fist pump. Will be a privelage to watch the great man again

BodyNovo
30-01-2013, 09:51 AM
We didn't sign Griff...

Booooooooooo!!!!!!

i will blame gve forever regardless of who's fault it was

if GVE "wanted him" he should have been prepared to quit over the job if he couldn't get griff.

disgrace.

q-money
30-01-2013, 09:56 AM
i can't even bring myself to come to see the truly rare and based griff, such is my emotion

pv4
30-01-2013, 09:58 AM
put it down to the personal side - gve was in "constant contact" with joel since he came back to the jets. how can you be on a personal basis with someone like this, and come contract time have nothing to offer him?

put it down to the results side - gve has been monitoring a player for >18months, plus past experiences with the guy. guy comes in, scores 2 from 2, quite noticeably turns a shit side into a force. how is gve not to be held accountable for not only letting an amazing player he's been monitoring for over a year not sign for us, but also to sign for a rival club that we are in direct competition with?

garbage management

plague
30-01-2013, 10:06 AM
Will be cheering Joel's return.

Also Ali Abbas, Newy boy as well.

Thank you.

parksey
30-01-2013, 11:14 AM
won't be at the game

MFKS
30-01-2013, 11:21 AM
Will be cheering Joel's return.

Also Ali Abbas, Newy boy as well.

Thank you.

Abbas has already reached **** status in my eyes after Rd2 . **** him

parksey
30-01-2013, 11:31 AM
abbas is p shit anyway

furns
30-01-2013, 11:41 AM
Jetmaster
We didn't sign Griff...

1/ Because he had no real desire to come back and hasn't for some time. Wrong

Wrong

You are blaming the wrong people.

Jeterpool
30-01-2013, 11:50 AM
Wrong
Wrong

I heard he wanted to play for us and was willing to reduce his wage and we offered him a contract but the figure was insulting. Sydney's offer was far better so he went there.

sh10
30-01-2013, 11:57 AM
tell me who to blame phurnsy, i want justice

furns
30-01-2013, 11:59 AM
Deans.

sh10
30-01-2013, 12:06 PM
Deans.

:(

MFKS
30-01-2013, 12:18 PM
Deans.

Sarcasm or for real ??

Lord Griffo didn't come back on the basis of our assistant manager not wanting him ??

plague
30-01-2013, 12:30 PM
Abbas has already reached **** status in my eyes after Rd2 . **** him

Update:
I'll also be booing MFKS.

plague
30-01-2013, 12:31 PM
abbas is p shit anyway

Still think he's a good bloke who loved our city.
Therefore I cheer.

plague
30-01-2013, 12:33 PM
Also (and sorry for triple posting) but legit question:
Have we ever won all 3 games against the same team in one season?

"Stat Nerds, ASSEMBLE".

MFKS
30-01-2013, 12:41 PM
Fury????

belchardo
30-01-2013, 12:53 PM
ok, booing an opposition player i can understand. being indifferent to an opposition player i can understand. but what the hell is this "cheering for Abbas/Griff" guff? WTF? you are going to support the other team?

i say again, WTF????

hauss
30-01-2013, 12:57 PM
Wrong
Wrong

i'd also like to know. maybe i'll try and get to the tenzo to find out.

griff would have been a perfect addition to our team. Heskey has a lot of talent but I haven't seen him attempt to create a single goal for himself. he either offloads or wants a tap in. quite frankly i would like a proper, normal striker at the club.

here is a scenario that i can see being likely. griff helps sfc win on the weekend. they take our spot in the finals. heskey leaves for russia in the off season and the rollercoaster begins again.

really, heskey has not brought any extra fans through the gate yet. the jets have paid heskey $700k for 8 months haven't they? big chance that they will baulk at paying that rate for a full year.

howardyou
30-01-2013, 12:58 PM
I'll be cheering Liam Reddy! Oh wait.........

lquiquer
30-01-2013, 12:58 PM

"Stat Nerds, ASSEMBLE".

NZ Knights first season?
Scums 07/08 including finals

The Dunster
30-01-2013, 01:00 PM
I hope Connor Chapman can out smart Griffo because he certainly won't be able to outrun him. Moreover, if Mitchell gets the nod over Regan then we could be on the wrong end of a flogging.

We will need to score a few to win this one. Hopefully, Brown and Goodwin will look to pass the ball to Heskey rather than take the low percentage shooting option.

pv4
30-01-2013, 01:06 PM
really, heskey has not brought any extra fans through the gate yet. the jets have paid heskey $700k for 8 months haven't they? big chance that they will baulk at paying that rate for a full year.

disagree

have you seen how many heskey jerseys have been getting around? i bought one JUST to help show the club how happy i was they finally made a big signing. his impact has been huge, both on & off the field. the amount of heskey jerseys alone that the club has sold, i wouldn't be surprised if it was a major reason why they'll continue to buy big name marquees in the future. he's been a raging success imo.

in regards to the on-field stuff - for years we've been praying for a target man. gve said in the offseason we needed a target man. we've been gifted the best target man in hal history (imo). whilst i agree we need(ed) griff alongside him, heskey has been perfect for exactly what he's been brought in to do.

the heskey to russia, griff to stay in sydney makes me very upset, but i'm hoping the club realise how important the likes of heskey signings are and do so again if/when heskey leaves.

edit: will also add - after the licence hand-back & few fan favourites (labi, tarek) being offloaded in the offseason, i originally laughed at the thought of the club actually achieving 11k members (1k more than last year). i expected it to go down, tbh. but we have 11.5k or so, and i put heskey's introduction as a major factor why our fans weren't completely driven away.

cobra23
30-01-2013, 01:08 PM

griff would have been a perfect addition to our team. Heskey has a lot of talent but I haven't seen him attempt to create a single goal for himself. he either offloads or wants a tap in. quite frankly i would like a proper, normal striker at the club.

here is a scenario that i can see being likely. griff helps sfc win on the weekend. they take our spot in the finals. heskey leaves for russia in the off season and the rollercoaster begins again.

Dont rip the HESK,
Best signing so far....
Why cant we have both???

pv4
30-01-2013, 01:18 PM

"Stat Nerds, ASSEMBLE".

in season 1 we beat nz knights every time iirc.

i think 2 seasons ago (so 10/11) we beat fury every time also.

lquiqer - we definately lost one of the finals to ccm, hence them getting the "home" final. and i think we had a draw through the season also with them

hawk
30-01-2013, 01:21 PM
hope our backs are in the chopin mood. hack in Gminor will suffice.

sammydog
30-01-2013, 01:27 PM
Have to agree with PV4, Heskey has been a success. The amount of Heskey jerseys attest to this, the people at work who had never been to a game that went to one because of Heskey and then bought a season ticket attest to it. Can't see how you could argue that he hasn't been a success on and off the pitch.

I don't care how Heskey puts them in the net, spectacular or not, they all count. His goal on the weekend will never make a classic goals highlight reel, but how many other strikers would have scored that one......not many.

lquiquer
30-01-2013, 01:38 PM
in season 1 we beat nz knights every time iirc.

i think 2 seasons ago (so 10/11) we beat fury every time also.

lquiqer - we definately lost one of the finals to ccm, hence them getting the "home" final. and i think we had a draw through the season also with them

That year we played them 6 times: (Definately won 3). We beat them in Gosford before the finals (Sweetest win there ever), then won 2-0 at home, lost 3-0 there and beat them 1-0 in GF....and think u right we might have had 2 draws earlier in the season

plague
30-01-2013, 01:45 PM
ok, booing an opposition player i can understand. being indifferent to an opposition player i can understand. but what the hell is this "cheering for Abbas/Griff" guff? WTF? you are going to support the other team?

i say again, WTF????

Ok this requires clarification on my part.
When names like J.Griff and Abbas are announced pre match I will clap in appreciation of their efforts for our team over the years (like Durante and Covic).
After that my support goes behind my team (except Deans) and hatred for the shirt that is worn by the other team. I won't be happy if any opposition player scores or if they win.

The word 'cheer' was a bad choice, probably should have said 'show appreciation and respect for'.

plague
30-01-2013, 01:51 PM
That year we played them 6 times: (Definately won 3). We beat them in Gosford before the finals (Sweetest win there ever), then won 2-0 at home, lost 3-0 there and beat them 1-0 in GF....and think u right we might have had 2 draws earlier in the season

Yeah I was meaning beat a team every game we played them in a reg season.
Cheers for the info though lads.

hauss
30-01-2013, 02:31 PM
Dont rip the HESK,
Best signing so far....
Why cant we have both???

i never said he wasn't a success, on the field. i've got no problem with him. what i was saying was that we lack a striker who can create goals for himself. i haven't seen heskey even remotely try to strike the ball from more than 3 metres from goal.

hauss
30-01-2013, 02:42 PM
Can't see how you could argue that he hasn't been a success on and off the pitch..

he has been a sucess onthe pitch. no doubt he is a marquee but did the jets get the return they wanted? as i see it he mainly converted casual fans to season ticket holders. the crowds overall have barely increased from last year. maybe they would have been worse if he wasn't here. i don't know. All I'm saying is that The Jets may baulk at paying an extra $1.1m or whatever he will cost to keep him another year.

The funny thing is that the jets are saying that this weekend's game is the most anticipated of the year. Now why would that be? Maybe because of Del Piero and Joel. The fact that they are maybe hyping up joel's return in a BLUE jersey to increase ticket sales really makes me angry.

Superdylan
30-01-2013, 02:49 PM
Dunno whether to boo or cheer

Probably boo because he turned to our rivals

Anyways anyone have any idea where the cove are drinking? Are they allowed back at the tenzo? Furns?

scozzygt
30-01-2013, 07:23 PM

What a lot of shite!

militiamon
30-01-2013, 11:05 PM
Hail Griff!

parksey
31-01-2013, 12:54 AM
hala madrid

lil_masi
01-02-2013, 05:52 PM
Joel griffiths suspended for 3 games for abusing ref. def jets game, could appeal other 2

BodyNovo
01-02-2013, 06:03 PM
Jerks 4-0

sh10
01-02-2013, 06:10 PM
Joel griffiths suspended for 3 games for abusing ref. def jets game, could appeal other 2

newy4lyf, how I could doubt the great one

plague
01-02-2013, 06:12 PM
Oh yeah there's a game on tomorrow.
Shits been sidetracked this week.

lil_masi
01-02-2013, 06:18 PM
Culina out as well, good times

belchardo
01-02-2013, 06:20 PM

whoa, i thought you were just dreamin...

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/262670,joels-matchday-eve-3-game-ban-shock.aspx

Bon
01-02-2013, 06:28 PM
Is Culina really out too?

lil_masi
01-02-2013, 06:34 PM
Yes

Bon
01-02-2013, 06:42 PM
Yes

Sauce?

lil_masi
01-02-2013, 06:55 PM
Sauce?

its all ova twitter. Ray Gatt, Kevin Airs

Bon
01-02-2013, 07:20 PM
Cheers man.. Good news then! haha

sammydog
01-02-2013, 07:27 PM
So who is left for Sydney now? They will be missing;
- Cullina
- Griffiths
- Emerton
- Tiago
- Fabio
- Yairo Yau

That would have to be half the starting lineup.

sh10
01-02-2013, 07:29 PM
if we don't win, we should be shot

q-money
01-02-2013, 07:34 PM
can confirm scozz is polishing his guns

Rocky
01-02-2013, 07:46 PM
When I saw the news I laughed so hard a little pee came out. Classic griff!

stopper2
01-02-2013, 09:08 PM
We must have the worst record for scoring goals at home. Rarely do we score more than 2 goals, in fact when was the last time we scored 4? Was that about 3 seasons back when Thommo got a hat-trick when we beat Victory 4-2??? If we win it's always a tight affair where we are ahead by 1 goal and have to just hang on. I really can't recall the last time we really put a team to the sword and left Hunter stadium thinking....shit we played well; good entertaining football, plenty of goals.
FFS boys turn it on for once!!!

Jetmaster
01-02-2013, 09:10 PM
Griff the dopey c*** face.....will never learn. Tainted forever by the sackwack affair.

militiamon
01-02-2013, 09:27 PM
Griff the absolute ledge.....will never stop being one. Respected forever for the sackwack affair.

Hail Griff!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/image/1004840-3x2-940x627.jpg

Agreed.

MFKS
01-02-2013, 09:31 PM
Lord Griffo reigns supreme.

Well done Griff

Getting layed out to spare us the trauma of seeing you play at Stade de newy against us.

OUR HERO

militiamon
01-02-2013, 09:37 PM
How cheeky was it hey? Classic Griff.

boz-monaut
01-02-2013, 09:42 PM
kind of get the feels that Griff will somehow get a red every nine weeks or so

Griff > current Jets

hauss
01-02-2013, 09:52 PM
all the people planning to intimidate Lord Griffo with their Real Griff masks are now going to feel pretty silly

parksey
01-02-2013, 10:22 PM
they can still intimidate adam

the shit griff

q-money
01-02-2013, 10:25 PM
make fun of his shirts

GazFish35
01-02-2013, 10:29 PM
Isn't tht what the troopers/lads do?
Hand drawn designs on white shirts?

lquiquer
01-02-2013, 10:45 PM
3 weeks for that!
http://youtu.be/5HBN8LqbLT4

lquiquer
01-02-2013, 10:46 PM
If everyone gets 3 weeks for that they going to quickly run out of players!!!

q-money
01-02-2013, 10:50 PM
free the griff

sh10
01-02-2013, 11:20 PM
We must have the worst record for scoring goals at home. Rarely do we score more than 2 goals, in fact when was the last time we scored 4? Was that about 3 seasons back when Thommo got a hat-trick when we beat Victory 4-2??? If we win it's always a tight affair where we are ahead by 1 goal and have to just hang on. I really can't recall the last time we really put a team to the sword and left Hunter stadium thinking....shit we played well; good entertaining football, plenty of goals.
FFS boys turn it on for once!!!

when was our last annual 4-0 spanking of perth?

Retro Jet
02-02-2013, 12:18 AM
3 weeks for that!
http://youtu.be/5HBN8LqbLT4

Let's all play: Wot did J Griff say?
I reckon from 12" in it's - "What game you watching....f##k Off....ya w????er
Can't get that last 'W' word and I don't thinks it's w@nker either. Mouth doesn't open enuf for an A there.

Really, if the camera's weren't focused on him...expecially with the undeniable Fk off then
we'd most likely see him playing today!

Retro Jet
02-02-2013, 12:19 AM
SFC Fourm dug this up on MusKhunt in comparision.
No sanctions for Muskie here lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfVyrdzYGxc

Times have changed....

MFKS
02-02-2013, 07:10 AM
Game Day.

Looks like it is gonna be a wet one.

Lets rip into this rabble of shite that is Smurfs FC today.

FIRE THE **** UP C**** :yay:

WolfMan
02-02-2013, 07:16 AM
SFC Fourm dug this up on MusKhunt in comparision.
No sanctions for Muskie here lol

Times have changed....

To be fair, the MRP only came into existence after, and because of the sack-whack. Which by he looks of that clip, was after this incident.

hauss
02-02-2013, 07:32 AM
The great one works in mysterious ways. Makes his decision not to play against the Jets at Hunter Stadium look like its the fault of the Match Review Panel.

Sets a veil of tears to rain from the sky from Newcastle all the way down to Sydney.

stopper2
02-02-2013, 10:05 AM
Looks like Reegz has been demoted to Youth again. Mentions in Herald today that in reference to Sunday's NYL game "Mitchell Oxborrow, Mitch Cooper, Jacob Pepper and Taylor Regan are expected to turn out for the Jets in the 5pm game". GVE must be a thin-skinned **** if he has demoted Taylor because of the little rant against the Nix last week.

weston
02-02-2013, 10:09 AM
Looks like Reegz has been demoted to Youth again. Mentions in Herald today that in reference to Sunday's NYL game "Mitchell Oxborrow, Mitch Cooper, Jacob Pepper and Taylor Regan are expected to turn out for the Jets in the 5pm game". GVE must be a thin-skinned **** if he has demoted Taylor because of the little rant against the Nix last week.

If thats the case, than he'll be shafted soon.

militiamon
02-02-2013, 10:15 AM

Good move from GVE, I support it. If Regan wants to be a professional footballer he will just have to accept that you can't do things like that, ever.

Portillo
02-02-2013, 10:41 AM
It looks like he says something racist. That could be why FFA came down hard.

Tommyjet
02-02-2013, 10:55 AM
Good move from GVE, I support it. If Regan wants to be a professional footballer he will just have to accept that you can't do things like that, ever.

Yeah agree he acted like a moron but seriously josh Mitchell, he did ok last he played so he should be due a calamitous shift

hauss
02-02-2013, 11:21 AM
It looks like he says something racist. That could be why FFA came down hard.

Joel forgot he is not in China anymore and the public here actually understand what he is saying. Some habits are hard to break.

seldom
02-02-2013, 11:40 AM
If Mitchell is in thank fvck Griff is out

Retro Jet
02-02-2013, 01:00 PM
I just ran into a couple of the Bulli FC lads on Beaumont St, up here for their (now cancelled) trial game v Magic
Apparently Bulli FC is Zad's junior club! A few more supporters for the day at least.

Also the local fruito on Beaumont St said had a chat with Zelko Kalac this morning too. Spider reckons we're the goods to win today.
Is this game even going ahead?

Edit: Looking more promising weather wise at least
http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDR043.loop.shtml#skip

leftrightout
02-02-2013, 01:06 PM
Also the local fruito on Beaumont St said had a chat with Zelko Kalac this morning too. Spider reckons we're the goods to win today.
Is this game even going ahead?

Have you heard about Zelkos gambling record? We are in for a thrashing if he is getting on us!

weston
02-02-2013, 01:08 PM

Is the physio being stod down from his part or that shit? Is GVE putting himself out of the team for what happened? For some reason there was a misscomunication in there between the 3 people so why it Regz getting stung for it. He go inured, got treatment. When GVE pulled him off he seemed ok and was confused as to why he was getting pulled off and questioned it.

On the other hand though maybe GVE wanted him off anyway. If thats the case than fair enough, get off. If than it was explained to regz that he was off for reasons other than he got injured and than had a spit than he deserves to be sitting in the stands.

It looks more like the first scenario though and i thnk its unfair, if that is the case.

02-02-2013, 01:46 PM

What a load of BS. GVE should take a couple of teaspoons of concrete and harden the f%^& up. If Mitchell is a better player than Regan i will give it away. This is about winning games and playing your best. F%^& GVE and his ego. Thin skinned pubic haired head muppet. How many times has GvE chucked a tanty like a little girl on the sideline. Club would be better off without him.

Anti GVE rant over.

militiamon
02-02-2013, 02:16 PM
Is the physio being stod down from his part or that shit? Is GVE putting himself out of the team for what happened? For some reason there was a misscomunication in there between the 3 people so why it Regz getting stung for it. He go inured, got treatment. When GVE pulled him off he seemed ok and was confused as to why he was getting pulled off and questioned it.

The physio isn't being punished because he didn't act like an idiot and embarrass the club by having an argument with the coach during the game.
"Questioned it" rriiiighttt. Looked like full-on tantrum to me. The worst I can remember a Jets player treating the coach.

Like I've said before, I like Regan a lot, but for a player who has found it tough to get game time this season it was a very dumb move. Let's be honest here, it's going to be tough for him to continue his career as a professional footballer if he doesn't make it here.

weston
02-02-2013, 03:18 PM
The physio isn't being punished because he didn't act like an idiot and embarrass the club by having an argument with the coach during the game.
"Questioned it" rriiiighttt. Looked like full-on tantrum to me. The worst I can remember a Jets player treating the coach.

Like I've said before, I like Regan a lot, but for a player who has found it tough to get game time this season it was a very dumb move. Let's be honest here, it's going to be tough for him to continue his career as a professional footballer if he doesn't make it here.

Yeh it was a rather theatrical questioning. But if gve pulled him off because of the injury than why wasn't the message put across more clearly that he was ok to continue. I know if i got pulled off the field for being injured when i wasn't i'd be pretty pissed off. In saying that, there was roughly 30 seconds or so on the clock left... best thing would of been get off and survive the last 30-60 seconds. They should work out what went wrong, why the message was not delivered clearly and make sure the problem doesn't happen again. I just don't think what Regan did is deserving to be dropped from the team. It's not like he stormed down the tunnel, kicked or threw anything gve's direction or anything like that. I just think its over the top.

And has he actually been said to be not playing or is it just rumour at this stage?

stopper2
02-02-2013, 03:35 PM
Yeh it was a rather theatrical questioning. But if gve pulled him off because of the injury than why wasn't the message put across more clearly that he was ok to continue. I know if i got pulled off the field for being injured when i wasn't i'd be pretty pissed off. In saying that, there was roughly 30 seconds or so on the clock left... best thing would of been get off and survive the last 30-60 seconds. They should work out what went wrong, why the message was not delivered clearly and make sure the problem doesn't happen again. I just don't think what Regan did is deserving to be dropped from the team. It's not like he stormed down the tunnel, kicked or threw anything gve's direction or anything like that. I just think its over the top.

And has he actually been said to be not playing or is it just rumour at this stage?

The Herald clearly states that he is down to play NYL on Sunday. I suppose we'll know for certain come 5.30pm this arvo.

weston
02-02-2013, 03:37 PM
The Herald clearly states that he is down to play NYL on Sunday. I suppose we'll know for certain come 5.30pm this arvo.

I haven't lived in Newcastle for a long time and i haven't read the herald since i left... but if they are anything like the papers up here.... would you believe the herald??

Thomas477
02-02-2013, 04:21 PM
At the end of the day, Regan has not right to question GvE's decisions. I can't just walk up to my work manager and have a go at him if I want to keep my job. People need to realise with GvE, he is the player's immediate boss and they just can't question what he does.

la bazzle
02-02-2013, 04:32 PM
I'd rather play our best team. Meaning regz should be in. Which he isn't = disgrace

Thomas477
02-02-2013, 04:43 PM
I'd rather play our best team. Meaning regz should be in. Which he isn't = disgrace

Agree with this as well. You should always try to put the best team out there, even if you dont like the bloke/s.

Todays lineup:

Biraz
Neville Chapz Mitchell Goodwin
Brillante Zad
Hoole Brown RyGriff
Heskey

Bench:
Duncan
Virgilli
Bridges
Caravella

true waterboy
02-02-2013, 05:03 PM
Agree with this as well. You should always try to put the best team out there, even if you dont like the bloke/s.

Todays lineup:

Biraz
Neville Chapz Mitchell Goodwin
Brillante Zad
Hoole Brown RyGriff
Heskey

Bench:
Duncan
Virgilli
Bridges
Caravella

Love the look of that squad
Needs more tagz tho

the_butcher
02-02-2013, 05:20 PM

You've got no ****ing idea mate

the_butcher
02-02-2013, 05:22 PM
Let's all play: Wot did J Griff say?
I reckon from 12" in it's - "What game you watching....f##k Off....ya w????er
Can't get that last 'W' word and I don't thinks it's w@nker either. Mouth doesn't open enuf for an A there.

Really, if the camera's weren't focused on him...expecially with the undeniable Fk off then
we'd most likely see him playing today!

Looked like "**** off ya poofter"

belchardo
02-02-2013, 05:26 PM
Looked like "**** off ya poofter"

yeah, that's what i thought it looked like as well.

la bazzle
02-02-2013, 05:47 PM
That was ****ing atrocious. Missed regs

Bec
02-02-2013, 05:49 PM
FFS...what the friggin hell were they doing

Penalty!!!

GazFish35
02-02-2013, 05:50 PM
Zad at fault for their goal.

OmeletteDuFromage
02-02-2013, 05:50 PM
Piss off Adam Griffiths

GazFish35
02-02-2013, 05:52 PM
Who is this commentator?

Worse than the cock and harps combined.

Grimario
02-02-2013, 06:51 PM
Mitchell you useless cvnt. Mark your man, stop watching the ball. Fvck off.

belchardo
02-02-2013, 06:52 PM
we are such chumps.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_mJmwQtPmusk/ShHETROT02I/AAAAAAAADzw/pVF0SPLKJSg/s400/shoot+in+foot.gif

steve136
02-02-2013, 06:52 PM
Zadkoshit responsible for that one. Can't pass, can't take free kicks, can't shoot. We kept him and let jobe go why?

belchardo
02-02-2013, 06:54 PM
bridges on. this should spice things up. cue forum wars 3.0.

OmeletteDuFromage
02-02-2013, 06:54 PM
30mins for you Bridges lovers.

Portillo
02-02-2013, 06:59 PM
Who is this commentator?

Gary Phillips is awesome.

belchardo
02-02-2013, 07:01 PM
http://www.abc.net.au/local/players/internet_radio.htm?streamFile=grandstand&streamTitle=Jets%20v%20Sky%20Blues

if you don't want to listen to them

pistolpete
02-02-2013, 07:05 PM
Who is this commentator?

He sounds like he is sucking on helium

Boss
02-02-2013, 07:09 PM
That'll do me. Even if we equalise, Gary can no longer be HEAD coach. This is unacceptable. At home. **** off.

prawnhead
02-02-2013, 07:18 PM

Sounds like a jockey.

true waterboy
02-02-2013, 07:32 PM
Jets were woeful
Bridges proving he is useless.
Bring in the tagz next week

sh10
02-02-2013, 07:37 PM
Jets were woeful

Disagree. Apart from the 2 errors for shitney goals we actually played really well. Completely dominated the first half and were the better team in the second. The only bit missing was the finishing. Hardly a 'woeful' performance, in fact one of our best this season imo. We've played a lot worse and won early games.

Dainnan
02-02-2013, 07:40 PM
Del Piero is a damn good player, but I cannot stand watching him throw himself on the ground whenever anyone so much as breaths on him and bitching to the ref after every single call.

I could have sworn that the ref was about to pull a yellow on Dep Piero after the first penalty decision when Del Piero was in the assistants face. The ref had the card half out of his pocket but seemed to change his mind when he saw who it was he was about to card...

sh10
02-02-2013, 07:44 PM
^ agree, can't believe derp piero was not carded at some point for his constant abuse after ever free kick

Ditto with Seb Ryall - would've knocked up a dozen fouls easily over the game

Buddha
02-02-2013, 07:50 PM
What makes watching this game worse is that i was sober. Awful performance, Hoole was pretty damn good i will say, probably our best player in defence and attack, which is pretty bad if our LB is our best attacking threat all game

Dainnan
02-02-2013, 08:06 PM
Hope the derp was deliberate!

It's a pretty sad indictment on the jets playing ability when we can't even beat Sydney, especially when they are missing half their starting lineup.

Was impressed with Hoole in his second start and thought Brown was having one of his better games before being subbed. Thought Zadkovich was at least partly at fault for both goals but was nice to have his energy and drive back in midfield. Mitchell had one of his better games and I was pleasantly surprised by Bridges' contribution on the field.

It wasn't individuals who let us down today so much as the team not playing well enough as a whole.

02-02-2013, 08:10 PM
Neville should never be started in front of a fit Hoole, guy was great today.

Neville to piss off and take Mitchell with him.

Thomas477
02-02-2013, 08:11 PM

:ban:

Otherwise, I thought Bridges offered more than Brown, which isn't saying much. Next week I would love to see Heskey playing behind Taggz. Thought we seriously outplayed them and just conceded two dodgy goals (thought the 2nd was offside). Also very good turnout by The Cove, and credit to them for that. Finally, ADP pisses me off greatly. Spends half his time on the ground, and the other half bitching to the ref.

prawnhead
02-02-2013, 08:32 PM
Neville should never be started in front of a fit Hoole, guy was great today.

Neville to piss off and take Mitchell with him.

Hoole is being played out of position. He is far better in higher areas.

My2BobsWorth
02-02-2013, 08:33 PM
The only thing I enjoyed out of that crap was watching Del and Bridgey run around. The rest was rubbish.

Grimario
02-02-2013, 08:36 PM
Love Zadko taking around a minute to destroy Mongo for Kincumber Sandwiches completely wrong with a back pass to the GK. So many backpasses from Zadko, not sure how that part of his game differs at all from what Jobe offered. At least some of Jobe's forward passes actually hit the target. Pitch coverage though, Rubez was absolutely everywhere tonight, closing down ADP in attack, closing down McFlynn in their half, chasing down second and third balls all over the place.

Anyone praising Mitchell for having a great game... seriously, who was he marking for the second goal? He played deeper than the other defenders, keeping Powell onside and was nowhere near him. He can continue to fvck off. Back 4 should be Hoole, Regs, Chapo and Gallaway... Neville is just average.

Did Abbas blow up at ADP today? Could have sworn I saw him gesticulating wildly at one point when ADP tried to be a hero and dance his way through 3 of our players before getting gifted an extremely soft foul when Abbas was alone just outside the box.

Loved the flying knee and pin attempt by Janjetovic on Shit Griff today. Few days late for the Royal Rumble but I definitely appreciated the intent.

northern_swan
02-02-2013, 08:51 PM
:Also very good turnout by The Cove, and credit to them for that.
Waddya expect when they are invited into the tenzo and afforded better treatment than our own fans?

Dainnan
02-02-2013, 08:52 PM
Anyone praising Mitchell for having a great game... seriously, who was he marking for the second goal? He played deeper than the other defenders, keeping Powell onside and was nowhere near him. He can continue to fvck off. Back 4 should be Hoole, Regs, Chapo and Gallaway... Neville is just average.

Wouldn't say Mitchell had a great game, but he played better today than he has in most other games for the jets. It looked to me like Chapman was the one having brain farts in possession today. Agree with you though, would much prefer Regs at the back, but how likely is that now.?

Did Abbas blow up at ADP today? Could have sworn I saw him gesticulating wildly at one point when ADP tried to be a hero and dance his way through 3 of our players before getting gifted an extremely soft foul when Abbas was alone just outside the box.

Didn't see that, but wouldn't surprise me. ADP and Abbas have a bit of history stretching back a few weeks from when they had to be separated in the tunnels at half time.

northern_swan
02-02-2013, 08:54 PM
That'll do me. Even if we equalise, Gary can no longer be HEAD coach. This is unacceptable. At home. **** off.

GVE can fvck right off. Can't say that my own protestations towards his incompetence were not agreed to by the squad players that passed me by during my advice during my time at the venue.

02-02-2013, 09:04 PM
Hopefully at seasons end HSG wake up and realise GVE is like your typical pollie. Opens his mouth and a lot if shit comes out of it. Reckon he will go down as one of the most over rated football managers to get a gig in the HAL.

militiamon
02-02-2013, 09:08 PM
GVE can fvck right off. Can't say that my own protestations towards his incompetence were not agreed to by the squad players that passed me by during my advice during my time at the venue.

Ahem.

stopper2
02-02-2013, 09:09 PM
Tough conditions to play in but to think that Sydney were missing Griffiths, Emerton, Culina and Fabio while we were virtually at full-strength; 2-2 draw is a crap result when we are looking to finish in the top half. With a resurgent Roar looking to move up the table I think we defitnitely won't finish higher than 6th spot this season.

northern_swan
02-02-2013, 09:09 PM
Hopefully at seasons end HSG wake up and realise GVE is like your typical pollie. Opens his mouth and a lot if shit comes out of it. Reckon he will go down as one of the most over rated football managers to get a gig in the HAL.
This
This again
This x about a million.
Reminds me of that Thompson cvnt from gypoland. Difference I suppose being he COULD organise a fvck in a brothel...

militiamon
02-02-2013, 09:18 PM
Others have probably already said this before me, but I thought Hoole was great again today. Would like to see him getting an extended run in the first team.

weston
02-02-2013, 09:19 PM
Went to a kick around with my local club... taped game to watch afterwards.... well so i thought.... i got thw second half of nix vs perth.... talk about being wild....

MFKS
02-02-2013, 09:19 PM
:
Disagree. Apart from the 2 errors for shitney goals we actually played really well. Completely dominated the first half and were the better team in the second. The only bit missing was the finishing. Hardly a 'woeful' performance, in fact one of our best this season imo. We've played a lot worse and won early games.

Pretty much as I saw it. Poor decision making in the final 3rd cost us coupled with twice turning the ball over in real bad spots and getting arse raped for it.

First half we should have been in front even after conceding first. The first goal came against the run of play with Sydney's first shot at goal or threatening moment and that only came after Chapo gave the ball away.

We equalised and then butchered chance after chance in the rest of the hallf due to poor pass selection. Half time was a god send for Smurfs and they came outin the second half the better early and nicked a goal when Zadko got caught in possession. THe biggest **** up here was we had a free kick and ****ed it up by taking it early to go nowhere and had to go backwards.

After that we battered away and were rewarded with another pen. May not have had that many clear cut chances but our huff and puff and effort was there even if the final pass was not.

It would have been a crime if Smurfs got a win coz they didn't deserve it. We butchered enough shit we didn't deserve it either.

Lord Griffos Little Bro - Member is packing wood for you tonight:wub:

ADP - YOU DIRTY DIVING **** - GET THE **** UP AND PLAY:angry::redcard:

MFKS
02-02-2013, 09:26 PM
Love Zadko taking around a minute to destroy Mongo for Kincumber Sandwiches completely wrong with a back pass to the GK. So many backpasses from Zadko, not sure how that part of his game differs at all from what Jobe offered. At least some of Jobe's forward passes actually hit the target. Pitch coverage though, Rubez was absolutely everywhere tonight, closing down ADP in attack, closing down McFlynn in their half, chasing down second and third balls all over the place.

Loved the flying knee and pin attempt by Janjetovic on Shit Griff today. Few days late for the Royal Rumble but I definitely appreciated the intent.

MAte I ain't talking about kicking it to Birraz. I am talking about passing it back towards our goal. Jobe done it a hell of a lot. Zads does look to play forwards more often. ie Zads is less likely to pass towards Birraz and more likely to pass towards Heskey. Jobe was more likely to play it sideways and back before playing forward.

Anyone enough on Jobe the bloke is history and DOESN'T WANT TO PLAY FOR US

To be perfectly fair none of our players in this country play forward enough. Possession based football played in Australia is to focused on going back to keep the ball. We should be always looking to play a pass forward at all times as the first option. Backwards should be a last resort. As a result we keep possession but mainly in the backline. Not retain it in the forward line

q-money
02-02-2013, 09:30 PM
these blokes are too stupid

why we persist with these attempts to play it out from the back i dont know, they have cost us about a squillion points this year

if this is gve's best he is a donut

Bec
02-02-2013, 09:30 PM
Went to a kick around with my local club... taped game to watch afterwards.... well so i thought.... i got thw second half of nix vs perth.... talk about being wild....

So i should've updated you lol

weston
02-02-2013, 09:33 PM
So i should've updated you lol

wouldn't of mattered in the end. I can't believe though that i chose to go kick a ball around a field in 36 degree heat instead of staying at home in possible air con and watch the game.

Bec
02-02-2013, 09:35 PM
was very frustrating watchin them pass the ball backwards again although should be used to it by now

weston
02-02-2013, 09:37 PM
paying tribute to Jobe.... it's called respect

MFKS
02-02-2013, 09:41 PM
these blokes are too stupid

why we persist with these attempts to play it out from the back i dont know, they have cost us about a squillion points this year

if this is gve's best he is a donut

So Q Man you reckon we go the hoof??? Play like Gypos/Perth/Nix etc??

To me their are a couple of issues here that ain't hard to fix
Firstky when our fullbacks push up the flank Brillante and Zads need to drop back. Sometimes it happens sometimes it don't. Sometimes the 2 fullbacks are up the park the 2 centre mids are up the park and our 2 centrehalves are left high and dry

Also the fullback on the opposite side of the field to where we are playing (ie we are playing down the left side so the right back) should not be pushing 20 metres further up the park and holding the touchline but should be tucking in and getting in a better position to cover his defenders if shit goes bad. Far too often they are ****ing useless to us as they are so far away from getting back

Also we should also look to take on the good old Barcelona/Spain trick. When we cough up the ball and the backline is exposed someone takes a yellow for the team and halts the attack. Don't want to get a red though but take some **** out and force the ref to give a free kick and a mandatory yellow. Much better than giving them a tickertape parade to march in on Birraz unopposed as we scramble to defend which is the case 99% of the time

q-money
02-02-2013, 09:52 PM
they are not good enough, their touches are shit. all the positioning in the world means nothing if your first touch ends up 2 metres away from you.

they cant blame the conditions, it happens when they're perfect as well

no brains

seldom
02-02-2013, 09:59 PM
At the end of the day, Regan has not right to question GvE's decisions. I can't just walk up to my work manager and have a go at him if I want to keep my job. People need to realise with GvE, he is the player's immediate boss and they just can't question what he does.

Don't agree with much you say Thomas...but agree with you here

Imyourhero
02-02-2013, 09:59 PM
Playing out from the back starts exactly as it sounds...the BACK...how can you play this style when Birraz hoofs it everytime, the game of football starts with the gk!

la bazzle
02-02-2013, 10:00 PM
Jon griff ffs

Grimario
02-02-2013, 10:02 PM
Playing out from the back starts exactly as it sounds...the BACK...how can you play this style when Birraz hoofs it everytime, the game of football starts with the gk!

He doesn't hoof it every time. Most of the time it is played out to one of the centre backs who pass it to each other, maybe to RubeZ or Brilliante if they drop back and eventually the opponents put us under pressure so when it gets played back to Birra, he has no option but to hoof it.

Our fullbacks never seem to be involved in the transition from defence into attack, that's where it all falls apart for me.

MFKS
02-02-2013, 10:05 PM
http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/newcastle-press-conference/video-e6frf423-1226567428813?subcat=1111112039253

GVE PResser

seldom
02-02-2013, 10:12 PM
He doesn't hoof it every time. Most of the time it is played out to one of the centre backs who pass it to each other, maybe to RubeZ or Brilliante if they drop back and eventually the opponents put us under pressure so when it gets played back to Birra, he has no option but to hoof it.

Our fullbacks never seem to be involved in the transition from defence into attack, that's where it all falls apart for me.

spot on... FBs pushin high...CBs droppin it short to Rubes in front...if and when he turns it over we're fvcked as per tonight

seldom
02-02-2013, 10:17 PM
Piss off Adam Griffiths

This guy honestly is still the worst defender in the A league...wouldn't get a start in NBN. Truly lol when 1st half with a galeforce behind him on a wet pitch he kept lumpin it long

seldom
02-02-2013, 10:19 PM
30mins for you Bridges lovers.

pretty sure 1st 5 touches were turnovers...que PV4

pudy
02-02-2013, 10:56 PM
Don't know how to feel about that one to be honest. Relieved we rescued a point, but disappointed we couldn't capitalise against an understrength side. By the same token, delighted with the amount of chances we were able to create, but fvck we need to work on our final cross (Brown and Goodwin in particular).

pudy
02-02-2013, 10:58 PM
This guy honestly is still the worst defender in the A league...wouldn't get a start in NBN. Truly lol when 1st half with a galeforce behind him on a wet pitch he kept lumpin it long

Couldn't agree more on Adam Griffiths, was an absolute joke tonight.. one of the softest defenders I've seen in my life.

stopper2
02-02-2013, 10:59 PM
What's the go with Brown coming up to Goodwin or Zad for every bloody corner to play it short? I know he was trying to put the defence in two minds.....but please every bloody corner!!! Then when he goes off, Bridges does the same. Annoyed the shite out of me tonight, especially when Goodwin hit it long twice and there was no one at the farking back post to keep it in.

militiamon
02-02-2013, 11:08 PM
What's the go with Brown coming up to Goodwin or Zad for every bloody corner to play it short? I know he was trying to put the defence in two minds.....but please every bloody corner!!! Then when he goes off, Bridges does the same. Annoyed the shite out of me tonight, especially when Goodwin hit it long twice and there was no one at the farking back post to keep it in.

I thought it was stupid because the defenders Brown was attracting managed to put Goodwin/Zad off enough that they were over-hitting balls. In the end it meant that we drew 2 defenders out of the box, but what good was it when the corners were rubbish because of it?

MFKS
02-02-2013, 11:12 PM
On another note it was a good thing Lord Griffo didn't play today.

Would have been devastating to see him being the lucky one up front to finish with aplomb the gifts our defence offered up.

Superdylan
02-02-2013, 11:25 PM
Glad we got a point

Think I may need to buy a pair of gumboots :(

stopper2
02-02-2013, 11:33 PM
Once again I left Hunter Stadium feeling frustrated and generally unsatisfied with the football (entertainment) on display. It seems that year after year now the season starts with optimism that with the new players coming in we will return to the glory years of the first 3 seasons of the HAL where we were amongst the top 4 sides. As the season goes by and we wait patiently for the team to gel, it becomes obvious that we are amongst the also-rans again....competing for 5th or 6th at best or fighting to not get the wooden spoon at worst. Meanwhile that scum from the south are once again amongst the top 3 sides and battling for the Premiers plate. We as a proud football region, steeped in history and with one of the strongest supporter bases in the HAL deserve better!

Left Winger
03-02-2013, 12:16 AM
Once again I left Hunter Stadium feeling frustrated and generally unsatisfied with the football (entertainment) on display. It seems that year after year now the season starts with optimism that with the new players coming in we will return to the glory years of the first 3 seasons of the HAL where we were amongst the top 4 sides. As the season goes by and we wait patiently for the team to gel, it becomes obvious that we are amongst the also-rans again....competing for 5th or 6th at best or fighting to not get the wooden spoon at worst. Meanwhile that scum from the south are once again amongst the top 3 sides and battling for the Premiers plate. We as a proud football region, steeped in history and with one of the strongest supporter bases in the HAL deserve better!
This. Well said!

furns
03-02-2013, 12:31 AM
Am I the only one that thought we should have had Jobe playing where Zad was, Zad playing where Brown was, and Brown on the bench for Bridges?

seldom
03-02-2013, 12:39 AM
Am I the only one that thought we should have had Jobe playing where Zad was, Zad playing where Brown was, and Brown on the bench for Bridges?

NO...I actually thought this as well in regards to Rubes and Jobe...thought bench should of been young chil,Taggart and Caramello.Brown needs a rest and Bridges well...I didn't see what he brings tbh.

parksey
03-02-2013, 02:24 AM
Disgrace

Our shame

Beeen
03-02-2013, 03:14 AM
Also very good turnout by The Cove, and credit to them for that.

Bullshit. Scum of the earth karma is a bitch.

hauss
03-02-2013, 07:32 AM
To me I think what really cost us was changing the centre back paring, which looked solid and confident in the last 3 weeks. It is just disappointing that the dispute between GVE and Taylor Regan happened. Taylor maybe had a right to look puzzled when pulled from last weeks game but shouldn't have gone on with it. So the question for me is whether disciplining him by dropping him from a game is worth dropping points. I hope it did the trick at Regan humbly takes his medicine and comes back into the line-up next week.

Other than that, its all a game of opinions isn't it? I don't think Brown is developing and I can't see what value he adds when neither he nor Heskey shoot at goal. I think Bridges performed reasonably well in his 30 minutes. He set up some good runs in front of me on the left, so I don't think he deserves any more criticism than the other forwards. i mean, a saw Ryan Griffiths lose a hell of a lot of ball last night and noone bags him out. Still he is maybe not a starting player but what do you do about Brown? Keep waiting?

I think we may see a lot of improvement if Caravella gets in the starting line-up, replacing Brillante. Not that Brillante is bad but Caravella seems to have quicker feet and can turn forward quicker after receiving the ball. This gives him those extra few seconds to play the ball forward. But it was always going to take a few weeks for him to build up game time.

I was disappointed with the result but more frustrated that we still seem to be ironing out these positional issues.

Del Piero is a bloody legend. Most skilled player to grace the A-League, ever.

Raw Boned Youngster
03-02-2013, 09:36 AM
nice work Hauss- regarding Brown improving, don't hold your breath. it won't happen under Egghead. Can't recall him Ever improving anyone. On the contrary, he has devolved a few. the two goal we conceded obviously came from mistakes at the back and trying to play out. The fact that we try to do that is good but the positioning of our support players is terrible and this is a general criticism of the entire squad. Players don't appear to know how to create space, and therefore passing options. the Mariners, with their overlapping fullbacks do it best and the last couple of years it was critical to the Roar's attacking plays. We do it, but without any apparent concept of timing or where to. often the players put themselves behind other players and are basically out of the game. The other thing that stands out like a dog trumpet is our completely pathetic set plays. Abysmal. The lack of cohesion on our corners, free kicks and throw ins is under 12 stuff. What does Eggbrain do at training? he needs to watch a few Victory videos for ideas. In general, another expected ad hoc show from a team without structure or a plan. This is why Egghead cops flack- it is a coach's job to bring these things together. he either doesn't understand it or can't do it. Along the way, he creates a very nervous and confused team. he has always been a complete myth h e is really out of his depth.

Raw Boned Youngster
03-02-2013, 09:36 AM
Airliners should read Mariners

sammydog
03-02-2013, 09:37 AM
To me I think what really cost us was changing the centre back paring, which looked solid and confident in the last 3 weeks. It is just disappointing that the dispute between GVE and Taylor Regan happened. Taylor maybe had a right to look puzzled when pulled from last weeks game but shouldn't have gone on with it. So the question for me is whether disciplining him by dropping him from a game is worth dropping points. I hope it did the trick at Regan humbly takes his medicine and comes back into the line-up next week.

I have a bad feeling we won't see Regan back unless injury requires it.

than that, its all a game of opinions isn't it? I don't think Brown is developing and I can't see what value he adds when neither he nor Heskey shoot at goal. I think Bridges performed reasonably well in his 30 minutes. He set up some good runs in front of me on the left, so I don't think he deserves any more criticism than the other forwards. i mean, a saw Ryan Griffiths lose a hell of a lot of ball last night and noone bags him out. Still he is maybe not a starting player but what do you do about Brown? Keep waiting?

I agree, I thought Bridges played fine. Forget the other strikers, we were losing the ball all over the park with misdirected passes. I guess its easier to single out one player. When he came on you could hear how much the communication levels on the pitch improved from where we sit, and as you say I thought he set some people up well. Sure some of his passes went astray in the attacking 1/3rd, but at least the guy looks to go forward and attack.

With respect to Brown, I rate the guy as a player, but he isn't working at the moment. Makes lots of bad decisions and its costing us. Still think he should have had a few weeks in NYL, then come back to the bench. Instead he was thrown in the deepend and it looks to me his confidence is shot. GVE is obviously hoping he will play his way out of it, but for every moment of greatness, there is two face in the palm moments. I really think he would benefit from a few games off the bench.

Piero is a bloody legend. Most skilled player to grace the A-League, ever.

Del Piero lost my respect last night. Awesome player when he has the ball, no disputing that, and yep, probably the most skilful player ever in the a-league.

I just couldn't stand the crap he went on with, from going down every time he is tackled from the slightest touch, to whining to the ref about everything (to the point of standing in the back play with arms flailing at the 4th official while Sydney played on without him), little niggly kicks at players off the ball. Guy just carries on like a wanker and it detracts from how awesome he really is.

plague
03-02-2013, 10:38 AM
Glad we are so much better now with Jobe gone.
WD club.

Imyourhero
03-02-2013, 10:43 AM
Caravella needs to be in browns position from the start. seems to be much more of an attacking midfielder than a holder. Do we really need 2 holders?? We need to win games, 2 in behind i tell ya!

RedMexican
03-02-2013, 10:56 AM
We would only need 1 holding midfielder if we had jobe

Jetmaster
03-02-2013, 12:45 PM
Does anyone know off hand how many yellows ADP has this season ?

Thomas477
03-02-2013, 01:13 PM
Pics from 442 showing Grifflet copping the knee. WD Sydney keeper :wub:

http://i.haymarket.net.au/Galleries/20130202092435_160517372_10%20[1600x1200].jpg

http://i.haymarket.net.au/Galleries/20130202092437_160517373_10%20[1600x1200].jpg

longshot
03-02-2013, 01:54 PM
Watched the recorded replay and pissed myself laughing when Griffo was fouled and did not get the free and he screamed at the ref whilst pointing to his name on the back of his shirt
"WHAT, My name is not Del Piero" :lol:

Premy
04-02-2013, 02:33 PM
Waddya expect when they are invited into the tenzo and afforded better treatment than our own fans?

Then come trash the joint after the game throwing schooners from outside smashing windows and going 10 on 1 with Newy boys

Jetmaster
04-02-2013, 09:11 PM
There was actually a bit of a dust up in the Western Stand, in the corporate areas, a few cashed up but drunk Sydney fans went ballistic when we got the second penalty, threw beer over everyone and acted like idiots.

A number of well known Newy faces (including a local TV sports presenter) were involved in the amusing fracas.

Security came in and I think most of the people within a 100m of the incident missed the penalty !

Football is us
04-02-2013, 11:40 PM
I have a bad feeling we won't see Regan back unless injury requires it.

I agree, I thought Bridges played fine. Forget the other strikers, we were losing the ball all over the park with misdirected passes. I guess its easier to single out one player. When he came on you could hear how much the communication levels on the pitch improved from where we sit, and as you say I thought he set some people up well. Sure some of his passes went astray in the attacking 1/3rd, but at least the guy looks to go forward and attack.

With respect to Brown, I rate the guy as a player, but he isn't working at the moment. Makes lots of bad decisions and its costing us. Still think he should have had a few weeks in NYL, then come back to the bench. Instead he was thrown in the deepend and it looks to me his confidence is shot. GVE is obviously hoping he will play his way out of it, but for every moment of greatness, there is two face in the palm moments. I really think he would benefit from a few games off the bench.

I agree Bridges did play fine too. He is always looking to move forward, always trying to create an opening or at least creative in the sense of going forward.
His passing was as good, if not better than anyone on the park, as it is more often than not.

As someone else said in a different thread, he is the best number 10 we have.

ToddG NBUnited
05-02-2013, 12:03 AM
and he gets his citizenship in 3 months?

Football is us
05-02-2013, 12:13 AM
and he gets his citizenship in 3 months?

I didn't know that, but I don't think it will impede his ability as a footballer lol

Grimario
05-02-2013, 10:14 AM
I didn't know that, but I don't think it will impede his ability as a footballer lol

But it means he no longer takes up one of our visa spots and if he sticks around on minimal coin or with coaching responsibilities in his pay packet, it might not be such an awful thing.

MFKS
05-02-2013, 12:01 PM
If Bridges is still here next season GVE should be shot

belchardo
05-02-2013, 12:25 PM
if bridges move out of a visa spot, i would happily keep him (assuming he wasn't on too much coin)

Grimario
05-02-2013, 12:27 PM
if bridges move out of a visa spot, i would happily keep him (assuming he wasn't on too much coin)
Yeah, the coin is big factor... as is, I assume, him being wanted in and around the team as a potential coach in the future.

MFKS
05-02-2013, 12:49 PM
He would be on min of 50-60 k or whatever the minimum wage is for a HAL player. Money that would be better spent promoting one of our Yoof team players to the HAL squad ie Kale Remo Mason Campbell Cowburn etc and giving them a shot at the big time. Rather than wasting money on a 10-30 min cameo from some old has been every 2nd home game.

Look at the wankfest over Hooley at present how about we get that for another local kid

Thomas477
05-02-2013, 03:34 PM
MFKS, to be fair though, there is already 3 spots for youth players on minimum wages. Plus throw in the all but untouched Youth Marquee, and thats 4 spots for u/21s.

Plus throw in the the fact that our starting XI atm is pretty young (Biraz, Gallaway, Hoole, Chapz, Regz, Brillante, Virgill, Goodwin etc), having an experienced player in Bridges would be good. But not on Jesïc coin, as you said, minimum wage, and as an Aussie would be ideal.

Grimario
05-02-2013, 04:36 PM
MFKS, to be fair though, there is already 3 spots for youth players on minimum wages. Plus throw in the all but untouched Youth Marquee, and thats 4 spots for u/21s.

Isn't youth marquee Kanta's spot? And isn't that one somehow U23 and not in line with the U21 youth spots?

Wiki says the only Junior Marquee in the league is Antonis o_O

And it is U23... someone who can be paid an additional $150k per season outside the cap.

Pico
05-02-2013, 04:52 PM
Isn't youth marquee Kanta's spot? And isn't that one somehow U23 and not in line with the U21 youth spots?

Wiki says the only Junior Marquee in the league is Antonis o_O

And it is U23... someone who can be paid an additional $150k per season outside the cap.

From memory it was up to 3 players, unless that has changed, page 5.

http://www.pfa.net.au/fileadmin/user_upload/_temp_/Variation_of_A-League_Collective_Bargaining_Agreement_2008-9_-_2012-3.pdf

Don't forget the NYL players on Min HAL wage outside the cap and squad caps as well.

My2BobsWorth
05-02-2013, 05:09 PM
Sunday Tele reported he's been told already not needed

plague
05-02-2013, 05:24 PM

Which means going off our current managements history he'll be marquee and captain on a 4 year deal.

Thomas477
05-02-2013, 05:48 PM
Which means going off our current managements history he'll be marquee and captain on a 4 year deal.

Didn't that already happen at one stage with Bridges?

MFKS
05-02-2013, 06:23 PM

Great news if true.

Week of good news

Zads Committs to newy
Jobe gets the arse
Bridges gets the arse
Lord Griffo don't return to make me cry.

If only we had won on Staturday would have been the best week ever

parksey
05-02-2013, 07:51 PM

Who are you referring to?

sammydog
05-02-2013, 08:01 PM
I didn't expect bridges would get a contract next season, even though I think he still has plenty to offer the team. There has been a lot of rumours floating around of him playing with Jaffas though next season.

the club should be trying to blood him as an assistant or youth coach though. Well worth seeing if his experience can translate to coaching ability.

Thomas477
05-02-2013, 10:52 PM
the club should be trying to blood him as an assistant or youth coach though. Well worth seeing if his experience can translate to coaching ability.

This. The club should be doing everything in its power to keep him on as a coach. He has way too much experience to let waste, and tbh I would prefer him over Zane.

hawk
06-02-2013, 12:00 AM
This. The club should be doing everything in its power to keep him on as a coach. He has way too much experience to let waste, and tbh I would prefer him over Zane.

inZane is great, learned everything from Kozzy.:whistling:

seldom
06-02-2013, 02:38 AM

so I take it they've both coached you ?...how do you come to this conclusion otherwise

pv4
06-02-2013, 07:07 AM
zane is great, but judging from results + opinion about him i've heard i think he's a lot better with younger kids. could do well overseeing the entire emerging jets or something, from all reports.

we should just get pappas back

Grimario
06-02-2013, 08:19 AM
inZane is great, learned everything from Kozzy.:whistling:
Is inZane his before/after school coaching clinics that he ran after trying to shut down the dude from the Stockton ferry that started his own company up?

BodyNovo
06-02-2013, 08:42 AM

100% this bloke.

Premy
06-02-2013, 09:41 AM
New thread Pappas head coach 13/14

My2BobsWorth
06-02-2013, 04:17 PM
Who are you referring to?

Bridgey, not wanted by Jets, not going to Jaffas, hoping new citizen status will get him gig with another A league club.

MFKS
06-02-2013, 04:45 PM
How much you want to bet that other than maybe Perth Glory (and their senior citizen policy policy) no one takes him???

My2BobsWorth
06-02-2013, 05:37 PM
Heluva lotta poms in Perth, might be the place

Pico
06-02-2013, 08:14 PM
Heluva lotta poms in Perth, might be the place

Yeah but does it have the "lifestyle" that Newcastle has.... :roflz: