PDA

View Full Version : Jobe has been released!!!

EH9
31-01-2013, 01:58 PM
WTF.

Didn't 'our' coach say recently that he wasn't going to be pushed out of the club? What decent club in the world releases their captain mid season?

Hamma12
31-01-2013, 02:05 PM
GVE out.......

sh10
31-01-2013, 02:09 PM
Seriously, life would be boring if you weren't a Jerks supporter

beej
31-01-2013, 02:16 PM
This is absolutely shite! Getting sick and tired of the shit this club keeps dishing out!!

howardyou
31-01-2013, 02:33 PM
Told he was not going to be re-signed for next year so he quit. That's a bit piss weak. I could understand him looking for other clubs and shopping himself out but no need to spit the dummy.

The Dunster
31-01-2013, 02:38 PM
Told he was not going to be re-signed for next year so he quit. That's a bit piss weak. I could understand him looking for other clubs and shopping himself out but no need to spit the dummy.

Considering GVE doesn't want him around why the **** would he stay ? Seriously.

I don't think Jobe will be the last of the senior players to be culled by GVE either.

It appears anyone that doubts the greatness of GVE gets the door.

Mitchy
31-01-2013, 02:41 PM
Good stuff
Good bye

sammydog
31-01-2013, 02:46 PM
Jobes comment that his heart hasn't been in it for the last 6 - 12 months and that he is going to take a break are interesting.

If he signs next week for heart, then it's PR bullshit from the club, but if he is speaking the truth, what has bought that on?

lquiquer
31-01-2013, 03:03 PM
Ribeiro again not in the squad!!.. Not even mentioned in "out"... I think we are entitled to know why: not good enough?.. Him and GVE don't see eye to eye?... He is not interested and gave up at training?...

Lionel Hutz
31-01-2013, 03:09 PM
I dont see what the big deal is. GVE wants players who are committed to the team and keen to play. Jobe has come out and said and i quote:

"Over the last six to 12 months my head hasn’t been it in like it should be, and this will now give me a chance to get away and plan my future.

“There is no point being at a place when my heart isn’t in it and the last thing I want to do is let down my teammates.”

To me it seems like he has been sulking around and GVE has cut him due to his poor attitude (which could be reflecting bad on the team, after all he was the captain). Where is the attitude of a home grown player showing GVE that he is keen to play and keen to stay at the jets at all costs? maybe giving him the arm band was a way of giving him a boost and it didnt work.

In my opinion its a good move - couldnt care if they were home grown or not. if their heart and desire isnt there to play, then show him the door and find someone who is keen and willing to play for the team

goaliepersempre
31-01-2013, 03:10 PM
thinking same thing about ribs... was like this for a while... some with tiago.... clearly everyone sees the main factor in all of this GVE

sammydog
31-01-2013, 03:12 PM
Ribeiro again not in the squad!!.. Not even mentioned in "out"... I think we are entitled to know why: not good enough?.. Him and GVE don't see eye to eye?... He is not interested and gave up at training?...

Ribeiro wouldn't be listed as out of the squad, because he was never in it.

belchardo
31-01-2013, 03:28 PM
we sure know how to treat the players well.

Jetmaster
31-01-2013, 03:38 PM
As is usual, we will never know the full story...

Very weird though a couple of weeks ago the Heart offer was rejected and GVE said he needed to sit with Jobe to talk about next season.

Why did they not let him go then ?

Maybe the intent was to keep him - maybe it is true that Jobe has just started to lose it a little.

Maybe he has fallen out with GVE a la Kasey Werhman - he was Brankos skipper after all.

PS - half expect him to be on the Smurf bench on Saturday !

My2BobsWorth
31-01-2013, 03:56 PM
GVE is responsible for demoralising quite a few good players, they usually do better without him, hope he joins Heart or similar.

BodyNovo
31-01-2013, 04:41 PM
can the voicetruss supporters of the jets please do something about this.

sh10
31-01-2013, 04:42 PM
was unaware that Gallaway was holding him prisoner

pistolpete
31-01-2013, 04:54 PM
can the voicetruss supporters of the jets please do something about this.

http://i54.tinypic.com/30ie1zr.jpg

hauss
31-01-2013, 04:56 PM
Does anyone believe a word of a Newcastle Jets press release any more?

I certainly don't. It just seems so stupid that such basic lack of trust is an issue.

The Dunster
31-01-2013, 05:09 PM
Releasing captains mid season, releasing marque player afte less than a dozen games, loaning out marque player, handing back licenses to FFA, not paying player wages, owner hiring a marquee without consulting coach, coaches leaving mid season, coaches being sacked...... hiring Craig Deans....

Welcome to the abortion.

ToddG NBUnited
31-01-2013, 05:19 PM
spewing that jobe is going, really wish i had of had a photo taken with him and reeegz whilst over in wellington now.

stopper2
31-01-2013, 05:26 PM
Releasing captains mid season, releasing marque player afte less than a dozen games, loaning out marque player, handing back licenses to FFA, not paying player wages, owner hiring a marquee without consulting coach, coaches leaving mid season, coaches being sacked...... hiring Craig Deans....

Welcome to the abortion.
.....the club openly promoting that it is all for developing local talent but has added quite a few Sydney boys to it's Youth ranks in recent months!

Retro Jet
31-01-2013, 05:27 PM

Welcome to the abortion.

I can tell ya people, after 34 years - you get used to it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og7-6YubuS4

Pico
31-01-2013, 05:42 PM
Does anyone believe a word of a Newcastle Jets press release any more?

I certainly don't. It just seems so stupid that such basic lack of trust is an issue.

You'd have to be very naive to believe anything from the HSG play book when it comes to these cookie cutter press releases.

It's not the cutting of players be they local or fan fav's, it's these pathetic school yard tactics of lets just leave it and pretend we want to re-sign, pretend we offered a contract, pretend we have any shred of decency or professionalism. Honestly it's just not the sort of thing I want to sign up for in a club, they talk about building a culture, well from what I have seen of Middelby and GVE & I assume HSG, as they have not pulled these two dickheads into line, the culture is of no trust, playing favorites and having no backbone or guts to make any decisions.

Its sad the pathetic mirage of a club this has become under these two.

la bazzle
31-01-2013, 06:10 PM
Disgrace

RedMexican
31-01-2013, 06:43 PM
he said his heart wasnt in it anymore, i think hsg just shafted him tbh

plague
31-01-2013, 06:51 PM
Love Jobe.
Hate Deans.

Dainnan
31-01-2013, 08:09 PM
As early as three-four weeks ago I heard whispers that Jobe was close to leaving the jets due to his head not being in the right place and frustration over injury problems.

I didn't pay much attention to the rumour when i first heard it but looks like there might have been something to it.

The other part of the rumour was that Jobe was going to give up the professional game and play all age with a bunch of his mates in a Toronto team. Wonder if this rumour will end up being on the money too...

Edit- Am disappointed Jobe has left. Used to be one of his detractors, but thought he really stepped up after being given the captaincy. I think we'll miss him

militiamon
31-01-2013, 08:11 PM
Disgrace.

shagga
31-01-2013, 08:28 PM
As early as three-four weeks ago I heard whispers that Jobe was close to leaving the jets due to his head not being in the right place and frustration over injury problems.

I didn't pay much attention to the rumour when i first heard it but looks like there might have been something to it.

The other part of the rumour was that Jobe was going to give up the professional game and play all age with a bunch of his mates in a Toronto team. Wonder if this rumour will end up being on the money too...

Edit- Am disappointed Jobe has left. Used to be one of his detractors, but thought he really stepped up after being given the captaincy. I think we'll miss him

Maybe we will see two Wheelhouse's in the NBN League this year, his brother is at Jaffas. He also walked out midseason from the Jets Youth because his heart wasn't in it.

seldom
31-01-2013, 08:43 PM
heart wasn't in it aye ?...will have plenty of Heart soon

Raw Boned Youngster
31-01-2013, 09:28 PM
better off to go to a club with a smart coach; Victory, Mariners or WSW. Aloisi won't teach him much but at least
he doesn't appear to have mental health issues like his most recent mentor.

halo se7en
31-01-2013, 10:03 PM
Can just one person who is blaming the club give me one reason why they're to blame?

I'm not a GVE fan by any stretch but I don't know what he did wrong? In the past we've lead players on to believe they were getting signed and they were cut right at the end (Elrich anyone?) and GVE copped a mouthful for not being upfront and honest with the squad.

Thomas477
31-01-2013, 10:24 PM
a smart coach, Mariners

:ban:

Pity their smart coach ain't any good for national teams......

Can just one person who is blaming the club give me one reason why they're to blame?

I'm not a GVE fan by any stretch but I don't know what he did wrong? In the past we've lead players on to believe they were getting signed and they were cut right at the end (Elrich anyone?) and GVE copped a mouthful for not being upfront and honest with the squad.

Seems like he's damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't. Some people will always complain about our coach even if we're winning and it's getting old. The fact is we can't just keep changing coaches every year after a so-so season. GvE has proven he can win a championship. Lets give him time.

goaliepersempre
01-02-2013, 08:24 AM
um are we winning? I think not

demon
01-02-2013, 08:48 AM
TRIVIA QUESTION - and I ask this seriously.

Who was the last United/Jets player who retired/was released and got to be given a send off at a home game???

A group of aged and weary guys were at the pub last night trying to think this one through, not necessarily actually playing a final game for the club but at least given the respect of being taken out in front of the crowd and given a round of applause by the fans.

We actually started to struggle to think of anyone more recent than maybe an Andy Roberts?

I'm not a league fan and haven't been to a Knights game since Matt Gidley & Co's playing days but that final game send off is still a big part of the league club and our football sides seem to never manage to replicate it for players or crowd.

pv4
01-02-2013, 08:51 AM
ljubo sent himself off pretty well

did they do something for noel spencer when he retired maybe? possibly matt thompson going to heart?

q-money
01-02-2013, 08:58 AM

Who was the last United/Jets player who retired/was released and got to be given a send off at a home game???

A group of aged and weary guys were at the pub last night trying to think this one through, not necessarily actually playing a final game for the club but at least given the respect of being taken out in front of the crowd and given a round of applause by the fans.

We actually started to struggle to think of anyone more recent than maybe an Andy Roberts?

I'm not a league fan and haven't been to a Knights game since Matt Gidley & Co's playing days but that final game send off is still a big part of the league club and our football sides seem to never manage to replicate it for players or crowd.

jade north got a lap of honour

jobe deserves something at least, but your average mongo will probably boo him given the chance because he isn't passing the ball forward on his presentation lap

pv4
01-02-2013, 09:02 AM
but your average mongo will probably boo him given the chance because he isn't passing the ball forward on his presentation lap

disagree. the average mongo will be cheering their hearts out

because bridges will be warming up

plague
01-02-2013, 09:04 AM
but your average mongo will probably boo him given the chance because he isn't passing the ball forward on his presentation lap

Brilliant.
#MongoForKotaraSouth

q-money
01-02-2013, 09:04 AM
maybe vj's rangers of 1886 have something planned

Bon
01-02-2013, 09:05 AM
brilliant.
#mongoforkotarasouth

hahaha..

Jeterpool
01-02-2013, 09:15 AM

How did Eags finish his time with the club?

Did we give Nick Carle a send off?

We clapped Bridge, Durante and Musialik, Scotty Tunbridge, Denni in their last game for us. Shame the Fridge wasn't there. However that wasn't at home. (sure felt like it though - with massive numbers for us and bugger all Gypos...actually sounds like an away game in Gosford too).

q-money
01-02-2013, 10:07 AM
scotty tunbridge geeeeeeeeeez

Tommyjet
01-02-2013, 10:27 AM
Brilliant.
#MongoForKotaraSouth

Hehe love it

furns
01-02-2013, 10:33 AM
Jobe was always ready to have a chat, always gave 100% for the shirt.
And in the last 18 months was a rock in midfield.

Herald commenters have no idea ffs

Jeterpool
01-02-2013, 10:36 AM
scotty tunbridge geeeeeeeeeez

Yep, old Scotty.

Back in the days of the Jets going back to the supporters club, my wife went and got my scarf signed by him. She didn't know who he was...

Still scored us one important goal if I recall correctly.

MFKS
01-02-2013, 10:41 AM
Love reading the opinions on Facebook. Some would say that I am OTT in my opinions around here. Some of the people on the JEts FB leave me for dead with their sensationalism and carry on. Good giggle reading some of the shit.

Anyway great decision by the club.

Brillante Pepper Oxborrow Brown Kanta (LOL) are already here to play in that role and contracted for next season

ZADS???? Hopefully stays

We have also picked up a bloke in Caravello who is probably on half the money that Jobe was and is a more than handy at matching Jobes output

Explain to me why the club is copping a bagging the coach is copping a bagging for not resigning a bloke in an area we already have plenty of depth in??
Matter of fact the Jets should be applauded for the timing of the decision to not resign Jobe being in the transfer window to allow him the chance to leave ASAP if he desired.

Hopefully GVE has freed up some money from the losses of Tiago and Wheelhouse to be able to sign some Brazillian play maker who can spend next season in the NYL. Either that or sign some bloke of class that will make jobes departure seem insignificant

seldom
01-02-2013, 12:11 PM
jobe deserves something at least, but your average mongo will probably boo him given the chance because he isn't passing the ball forward on his presentation lap

Fvckin lol...how true !

howardyou
01-02-2013, 12:18 PM

Gees some of you bloke have absolutely no respect at all for your fellow Jets fans. What makes you think you are any more knowledgable about the game compared to others?

MFKS
01-02-2013, 12:36 PM

244 :sup::whistling:

q-money
01-02-2013, 12:56 PM
Gees some of you bloke have absolutely no respect at all for your fellow Jets fans. What makes you think you are any more knowledgable about the game compared to others?
since when did our fellow jets fans ever have respect for anyone? they would boo santa claus if he was playing left back.

Zico
01-02-2013, 01:36 PM
Love reading the opinions on Facebook. Some would say that I am OTT in my opinions around here. Some of the people on the JEts FB leave me for dead with their sensationalism and carry on. Good giggle reading some of the shit.

Anyway great decision by the club.

Brillante Pepper Oxborrow Brown Kanta (LOL) are already here to play in that role and contracted for next season

ZADS???? Hopefully stays

We have also picked up a bloke in Caravello who is probably on half the money that Jobe was and is a more than handy at matching Jobes output

Explain to me why the club is copping a bagging the coach is copping a bagging for not resigning a bloke in an area we already have plenty of depth in??
Matter of fact the Jets should be applauded for the timing of the decision to not resign Jobe being in the transfer window to allow him the chance to leave ASAP if he desired.

Hopefully GVE has freed up some money from the losses of Tiago and Wheelhouse to be able to sign some Brazillian play maker who can spend next season in the NYL. Either that or sign some bloke of class that will make jobes departure seem insignificant
Not often that I agree with everything you say but this time I do.

sh10
01-02-2013, 01:39 PM
MFKS throws enough opinions around that eventually you get one you agree with

Zico
01-02-2013, 01:42 PM
MFKS throws enough opinions around that eventually you get one you agree with
love it

plague
01-02-2013, 01:44 PM

I think the fact we support this club makes us all retarded and therefore open to all kinds of mockery.
Just deal with it ay.

Grunta
01-02-2013, 02:05 PM
Jets TV - Wheelhouse: My heart wasn't in it anymore

Interesting interview.

Personaly sad to see him go (although I was a detracture a few years back and lot like Zads until he/they got the captains armband) but from a club POV can understand why he wasn't going to be resigned. But it's interesting to hear interested bystanders bang on about loyalty "because of the fact that he a local, in this day and age of limited finances, salary caps and the desire for premierships.

Hope he sorts himself out anddoes what he wants to do.

furns
01-02-2013, 03:00 PM
Interesting that the same people saying that "being a local doesnt matter and football is a business" are the same idiots that were banging on a few seasons ago how there were no locals in the team and they didnt feel this club represented Newcastle with no novocastrians in it.

:sigh:

Beeen
01-02-2013, 03:05 PM
Should copy the Basque method. Novocastrians only imo which means Deans and GVE out. Probably loose but hey, whats new. :yap:

slobsy
01-02-2013, 03:22 PM
Jobe to jaffas

Bon
01-02-2013, 03:29 PM
Jobe to jaffas

Yeah I just heard this off a mate too..

slobsy
01-02-2013, 03:35 PM
Hopefully this means we can now sign griffo

dink
01-02-2013, 04:14 PM
Musailik anyone??

Not to sure if I'd like to see that but he is a GVE fav.

Not sorry to see Jobe go but I'd still give him a standing applause on Saturday because he did play over 100 games for the club and that shouldn't be forgotten.

stopper2
01-02-2013, 04:37 PM
Jobe to jaffas
Heard Bridges might be going there.

Zico
01-02-2013, 05:04 PM
Heard Bridges might be going there.
They will have no money left for their 2nd season in State League after spending up so big in their first.

boz-monaut
01-02-2013, 05:56 PM
Cooks Hill United already have Michael Bridges signature

My2BobsWorth
01-02-2013, 06:02 PM
They'll probably get a bigger crowd than the Jets next year

cheflyf
01-02-2013, 06:44 PM
Didnt sasho get bit of a send off on hes last home game?? Scored 2 goals if i remember correctly

WolfMan
01-02-2013, 08:04 PM
Cooks Hill United already have Michael Bridges signature

When he signed the form for his children I'm guessing?

belchardo
01-02-2013, 08:32 PM
photoshop is wonderful isn't it.

militiamon
12-10-2013, 01:11 AM
Why on Earth did we ever get rid of this guy?

*cuts dick off*

Premy
12-10-2013, 07:34 AM
Why on Earth did we ever get rid of this guy?

*cuts dick off*
Because he would of set up ADP 3 times

russjaybee
13-10-2013, 03:26 PM
If people think Jobe is the answer then they have a short memory span.

GazFish35
13-10-2013, 03:47 PM
If Jobe is the answer what the hell is the question?

Grimario
13-10-2013, 03:51 PM
When playing FIFA, what comes after Joe A?

Jeterpool
13-10-2013, 04:39 PM
When playing FIFA, what comes after Joe A?

llen

Grimario
13-10-2013, 04:40 PM
llen

wakka wakka