PDA

View Full Version : Newcastle United (Hunter Ports) Jets squad 2012/13

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

08-08-2013, 04:52 PM
Let the tinkering commence.

pv4
08-08-2013, 04:53 PM
I just read (someone said through SST) that Adelaide are trying to offload Nigel Boogard to us.

Newy boy coming home

Fxxx the haterz who slayed me for always loving him

Genuinely excited by this - love the bloke.

lil_masi
08-08-2013, 04:55 PM
I just read (someone said through SST) that Adelaide are trying to offload Nigel Boogard to us.

Newy boy coming home

Fxxx the haterz who slayed me for always loving him

Genuinely excited by this - love the bloke.

Boogard is crap!

What happened to this experienced european CB! Ridiculous how all these other teams (heart,CCM) can find these dutch CBs and we cant find anyone

Another thing, how can MV release players every week eg Forschini today and we dont release players to make room in our squad.

russjaybee
08-08-2013, 05:04 PM
Last I saw Poogard's dad has a monster 'stache and looks like a bikie, sign him up.

Tommyjet
08-08-2013, 05:06 PM
Burns is right footed. Played right wing for socceroos. Gve looking for the front 3 to play very narrow therefore I think you'll see tags and burns support heskey and frequently swap sides

BodyNovo
08-08-2013, 05:12 PM
going for the outscoring the opposition this year nice.

bring on 5-4 games.

russjaybee
08-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Burns used to play as an inside out winger for Adelaide didn't he? Seem to remember seeing him tearing it up down the left pretty often.

OmeletteDuFromage
08-08-2013, 05:49 PM
Foschini released, thoughts?

Tommyjet
08-08-2013, 05:49 PM
Burns used to play as an inside out winger for Adelaide didn't he? Seem to remember seeing him tearing it up down the left pretty often.
Yeah always played either side but mainly right wing for socceroos, could say he is both footed but definitely predominantly right footed

Tommyjet
08-08-2013, 05:50 PM

No need, very ordinary at times

My2BobsWorth
08-08-2013, 06:07 PM
Still waiting for the excitement I felt when Frannie and Bridgey signed, been a long time

pv4
08-08-2013, 06:14 PM

Local product who doesn't exactly cut first squad but is a decent squaddie and backup? We have regan already

Grimario
08-08-2013, 06:15 PM
Local product who doesn't exactly cut first squad but is a decent squaddie and backup? We have regan already

Regan? I would have said Mitchell before Regan...

but then I read "decent squaddie"

:gent:

ForeverRed
08-08-2013, 09:30 PM
Had the pleasure of witnessing the big man heskey arrive at his motel today, signed a couple of autographs and off he went , was unsure if he was going to come back but luckily he did

steve136
08-08-2013, 10:48 PM
If Ljubo comes back I will never say a bad word about GVE again.

Thomas477
08-08-2013, 10:58 PM
If Ljubo comes back I will never say a bad word about GVE again.

Ljubo will take care of that for you.

But bring him home anyway, love Ljubo.

q-money
08-08-2013, 11:00 PM
get the people's champ home

steve136
08-08-2013, 11:40 PM
http://www.theroar.com.au/2013/08/08/ljubo-milicevic-thrown-lifeline-by-newcastle-jets/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv-34w8kGPM

Premy
08-08-2013, 11:58 PM
Getting my Ljubo hat ready

evolution
09-08-2013, 12:00 AM
Holy shit! I'm harder than a diamond in a snowstorm!

Premy
09-08-2013, 12:02 AM
Let the tinkering commence.

Here's a thought that would send PV4 crazy Bridges announce's his retirement (for the second time John Farnham style) Richie and Ljubo both get signed sky doesn't fall Jets make the top 6

pv4
09-08-2013, 12:07 AM
And hsg unviel our keepers kits to actually be gold, rather than the colour of our main rivals.

Hamma would need to confirm, but I may need to be hospitalized from shock if those stars were to align (ignore the Garcia bit even)

pv4
09-08-2013, 12:08 AM
Top 6 ffs. Kill me now. Who ever thought having more than half the league in the finals was a good idea. Only way the ffa could make it up to me is if they subsidized griffs wages so we could sign him

MFKS
09-08-2013, 12:20 AM
Bridges will be better coming off the bench to play at tired opposition
doesnt need to start

Honestly if Bridges is near the starting side or the bench we have bigger issues. Resigning him was a mistake. It basically says we can't find anyone better than him in the ENTIRE WORLD whilst we already know he isn't good enough to do it for us for a full season

MFKS
09-08-2013, 12:23 AM
As for the Foschini speculation . I could say this in a lot of detail as to why he is a poor player but these words sum it up better **** OFF

As for the Boogard speculation. Gypo and always will be Gypo. Nuff said.

pv4
09-08-2013, 06:49 AM
Ead mfks. Boogard is newy.

Pico
09-08-2013, 08:20 AM
Reilly steps down after helping FFA rise

Former Socceroo Jack Reilly stood down as a director of Football Federation Australia on Thursday following the expiration of his third two-year term on the board.

Reilly left his role as an independent director after six years at the helm following the end of his most recent and last eligible term on June 20. The goalkeeper of Australia's 1974 World Cup debut held one of the two appointed director roles and served on the FFA's finance and audit committee, the football development committee and was the head of delegation for the Joeys' 2011 World Cup campaign in Mexico.

Under the FFA constitution, the vacancy for an independent appointed director can be filled at any time at the discretion of the board, and it is understood the FFA has not found a potential candidate to fill Reilly's seat. FFA chairman Frank Lowy praised Reilly's involvement in the organisation's business and finance operations and his contribution to the game.

''As a former Socceroo World Cup player, Jack brought an insight to the elite tier of the game in Australia, and as a former chairman of the Victorian Soccer Federation and former director of Melbourne Victory he clearly understood the historical context of the reforms we've undertaken and the great progress made over the past eight years,'' Lowy said. ''His business and finance background allowed him to make a broad contribution to FFA's governance structures.''
Advertisement

Meanwhile, Newcastle have made an approach for Socceroo Richard Garcia. The 31-year-old former West Ham player parted ways with Melbourne Heart after failing to agree a contract renewal, and is understood to have attracted the attention of several A-League clubs.

Elsewhere, Melbourne Victory has released Matthew Foschini from the final year of his contract to allow the young defender to find the opportunity to play first-team football elsewhere. The 22-year-old fell down the pecking order under coach Ange Postecoglou last year and was limited to just six appearances last season.

www.smh.com.au/sport/football/reilly-steps-down-after-helping-ffa-rise-20130808-2rkhu.html#ixzz2bPmXiK3O

Garcia approach gathering steam.....

Pico
09-08-2013, 08:22 AM
Heskey back with time on his side

JETS coach Gary van Egmond expects Emile Heskey to be an even more formidable force with a proper pre-season to prepare for his second A-League campaign.

Heskey, the 35-year-old former Leicester, Liverpool, Wigan and Aston Villa striker, will join his Newcastle teammates this morning for his first training session after spending the past few months with his family in England.

Last season, Heskey signed for Newcastle barely a fortnight before their first game.

He scored nine goals in 23 appearances, but van Egmond said he would benefit from having two months to ready himself for the round-one clash with Sydney on October 11.

"I think it's two-fold," van Egmond said.

"First of all he will know what to expect, whereas last time it was a bit of stepping into the unknown.

"Secondly he will get more time to prepare with our players, which will also be a huge benefit going into this season."

Heskey returned to Newcastle on Wednesday, and van Egmond said he was happy to let him ease into action.

But he added the former England international was a consummate professional who had been keeping himself fit in his off-season break.

Van Egmond said it was a "real challenge" for Newcastle's conditioning staff to cater for all their players, given that some have been training continuously and others have been away representing Australia.

"We need to individualise but also ensure that the conditioning is right from a collective point of view," he said.

Meanwhile, van Egmond dismissed speculation linking the Jets to former Socceroos attacker Richard Garcia, who has parted company with Melbourne Heart.

It is understood Jets officials had discussed 31-year-old Garcia as a contingency if skipper Ruben Zadkovich had received an offer from English club Millwall.

But after travelling to England to meet with Millwall, Zadkovich is apparently returning to honour his two-year contract with the Jets.

Newcastle's priority remains to sign an experienced centre back.

"There's been no formal talks [with Garcia] at this stage," van Egmond said.

"We're in the market for a central defender. But I would say that Richard Garcia is a very good player and a very good leader."

www.theherald.com.au/story/1693590/heskey-back-with-time-on-his-side/?cs=306

.... and Garcia is off the radar again.

Premy
09-08-2013, 08:54 AM

FFS Bridges needs to retire already

Jeterpool
09-08-2013, 09:03 AM

If this is true, it is disappointing.

lil_masi
09-08-2013, 11:23 AM
Disappointing if we were only interested in Garcia if Zads was leaving. We need a bloody attacking midfielder/playmaker. Probably the only club in the league without one. We NEED Garcia!

WSW = Ono
Bris = Miller
Heart = Kewell
MV = Nichols
Adel = Visosic
CCM = Flores
Syd = Carle
Wel = Hernandez
Perth = McGarry

Premy
09-08-2013, 11:30 AM
Disappointing if we were only interested in Garcia if Zads was leaving. We need a bloody attacking midfielder/playmaker. Probably the only club in the league without one. We NEED Garcia!

WSW = Ono
Bris = Miller
Heart = Kewell
MV = Nichols
Adel = Visosic
CCM = Flores
Syd = Carle
Wel = Hernandez
Perth = McGarry
Although he was shite last year Brown is our CAM. If he can replicate his Gold Coast form I would have him before half of the blokes on that list

Beeen
09-08-2013, 11:34 AM
The thing is, i don't believe his Gold Coast form was ever that great. Definitely wasn't :fap: worthy

Premy
09-08-2013, 11:36 AM
The thing is, i don't believe his Gold Coast form was ever that great. Definitely wasn't :fap: worthy

I guess he was the green apple in a basket full of rotten apples

russjaybee
09-08-2013, 12:00 PM

I don't know if he can replicate some of the stuff he did at cold toast, but some of his goals were definitely :fap: worthy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3cLP5ABJNw

leftrightout
09-08-2013, 12:04 PM

And McGarry is???

steve136
09-08-2013, 12:38 PM
Brown is absolute shite.

After all this talk, I reckon GVE, Middleby and co will somehow manage to go an entire offseason without signing a decent CAM and CB - the only two positions we needed filled desperately.

Jeterpool
09-08-2013, 12:46 PM
Brown is absolute shite.

After all this talk, I reckon GVE, Middleby and co will somehow manage to go an entire offseason without signing a decent CAM and CB - the only two positions we needed filled desperately.

I hope Brown comes out and blows everyone off the park this season. If he gets a good pre-season under his belt and gets his injuries sorted it'll be like having a new player on the team.

I think he has the ability to do it.

steve136
09-08-2013, 12:49 PM
I hope Brown comes out and blows everyone off the park this season. If he gets a good pre-season under his belt and gets his injuries sorted it'll be like having a new player on the team.

I think he has the ability to do it.
I really hope he proves me wrong, but realistically I can't see it happening. He played a few good games as a youngster at Gold Coast.
Every involvement for the Jets, he looked lazy and terrified of actually getting the ball. I don't think injuries played as strong a part as his mental toughness - something which is much harder to strengthen.

Grimario
09-08-2013, 12:52 PM
it'll be like having a new player on the team.
Almost sounds like an Arsenal fan with that line ;)

I think Brown is considerably better than the player we saw last year. I think he was horribly mismanaged though... surgery, long lay off and then 30 minutes in the youth before being rushed back into the starting line up and under performing for weeks on end. I think you can read between the lines as to whose fault I think that is...

Jeterpool
09-08-2013, 01:06 PM
Almost sounds like an Arsenal fan with that line ;)

I think Brown is considerably better than the player we saw last year. I think he was horribly mismanaged though... surgery, long lay off and then 30 minutes in the youth before being rushed back into the starting line up and under performing for weeks on end. I think you can read between the lines as to whose fault I think that is...

He he Liverpool fans were saying the same thing about Lucas last year when he returned.

I think you're right about Brown in everything you say. He appears to be a confidence player and he was definately hesitating in challenges. That all came about because he was mismanged in my opinion. But remember the excitement we felt when he signed? And also when he made his first team debut? We thought he could have been our saviour! Who can blame us because I recall he was looking quite tidy in the pre-season.

He'll come good this year, I'm sure.

Jeterpool
09-08-2013, 01:26 PM
SO can anyone confirm exactly how many positions we still have in the squad?

By my count we have 2 positions, which is the replacement for Ribiero and the replacement for Tiago.

A lot of the talk seems to be that we only have room for the CB, which is definately the priority.

russjaybee
09-08-2013, 01:26 PM
LANS alert

Porett
09-08-2013, 01:34 PM

WSW = Ono
Bris = Miller
Heart = Kewell
MV = Nichols
Adel = Visosic
CCM = Flores
Syd = Carle
Wel = Hernandez
Perth = McGarry

What about Nathan Burns ?

leftrightout
09-08-2013, 01:42 PM

WSW = Ono
Bris = Miller
Heart = Kewell
MV = Nichols
Adel = Visosic
CCM = Flores
Syd = Carle
Wel = Hernandez
Perth = McGarry

Brisbane also have Broich!
Victory have the most quality attack... Thompson, Barbarouses, Nichols, Pain and Finkler (who i thought looked very tidy until he got injured early on and missed the season)

pv4
09-08-2013, 01:47 PM
Is this our current squad in full?

1. Biraz
2. BK
3. Solari
4. Neville
5. Goodwin
6. Chapman
7. Regan
8. Gallaway
9. Mitchell
10. Rubez
11. Cooper
12. Ox
13. Peppz
14. Brillante
15. Brown
16. Caravella
17. Kanta (junior marquee)
18. Bridges smh (foreign - may not be by now?)
19. Heskey (international marquee - foreign)
20. Taggz
21. Virgili
22. Gibbs
23. Burns
24. Hoole

Now I'm under the impression that Hoole, Gallaway & Gibbs are definately on senior contracts. Last year I saw all of Solari (aka Duncan back then), Chapman, Cooper, Ox, Brillante & Peppz being referenced to as our non-squad-filling "youth" players. So you'd assume Middleby/GVE wouldn't be idiots and actually use the three youth apprentice spots or whatever they're called, and hence give us more squad room - regardless of which three it is. So by my count (and I think J-Pool too), we have 21 senior players. That would mean 1 spot for a centre back and a remaining spot.

Who have I missed?

lil_masi
09-08-2013, 01:51 PM
our squad is:
1 Bira
2 BK
3 Chapman
4 Mitchell
5 Reagan
6 Neville
7 Galloway
8 Hoole
9 Brilliante
10 Zad
11 Zenon
12 Pepper
13 Kanta
14 Cooper
15 Brown
16 Bridges
17 Virgilli
18 Taggart
19 Heskey
20 Burns
21 Gibbs
22 Goodwin

Few stories out now that Jets have not been in talks with Ljubo and that he is not coming :(

Premy
09-08-2013, 01:52 PM
Gks:
Solari
Birighitti
Kenedy

Backs:
Chapman
Mitchell
Regan
Neville
Goodwin
Gallaway

Mids:
Hoole
Oxborrow
Zadkovich
Caravella
Kantarovski
Brown
Pepper
Cooper
Brilliante
Virgilli

Forwards:
Gibbs
Burns
Bridges
Tagart
Heskey

That's 24 from my understanding your allowed 23 but Solari, Cooper, Oxborrow, Gibbs, Chapman and Hoole could all be moved to youth contracts from my understanding as well.

Grimario
09-08-2013, 02:03 PM
Few stories out now that Jets have not been in talks with the Jets and that he is not coming :(

Typical Jets, rubbish at internal comms.

JETS OUT.

Beeen
09-08-2013, 03:52 PM
Whatever Mcgarry has to do with it i don't know but he's a honking footballer i wouldn't want near our team.

Brown's gone the way of Kantarovski, not gonna discover his form of previous seasons. Quite a pessimistic attitude to have but hey, who doesn't have one around here. I'm with Stevo, happy to be proven wrong.

Roll on the GVE magic.

My2BobsWorth
09-08-2013, 06:07 PM
Never been much of a Brown or Kanta fan, must be missing something

09-08-2013, 07:12 PM
Not missing anything 2bob. Brown is over rated. Reminds me of David Williams , way to inconsistent to get in a fap over.

GazFish35
09-08-2013, 07:18 PM
Never been much of a Brown or Kanta fan, must be missing something

Kanta was great when he burst onto the scene but doesn't seem to have kicked on.

I blame Bayern Munich

Blackmac79
09-08-2013, 07:22 PM
they gave him an ego.

freaking Bavarians. If they weren't so good at beer i'd shake my fist at them.

pv4
12-08-2013, 04:49 PM
:rof: just walked past the boys working out in the "hidden" gym at the forum and got within reaching distance of karl. Can confirm his car boot is legit full of giant tubs of protein shake powder. At least 5 giant tubs of it :rof:

furns
12-08-2013, 08:11 PM
Did you break into the Karl Dodd song?

cobra23
13-08-2013, 10:50 AM
:rof: just walked past the boys working out in the "hidden" gym at the forum and got within reaching distance of karl. Can confirm his car boot is legit full of giant tubs of protein shake powder. At least 5 giant tubs of it :rof:

did they mention shipped from columbia on the packaging?

pv4
13-08-2013, 01:30 PM
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/Brillante-attracts-European-interest/72622?

Brillante attracts European interest

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Joshua+Brillante+Young+Socceroos+Farewell+2n_EU41B Ktyl.jpg

After recent transfer interest in captain Ruben Zadkovich subsided another of the Newcastle Jets key players is being chased by European clubs.

Josh Brillante is reported to have attracted interest from the likes of Serie A club Lazio, Bundesliga side Schalke and former home of Tim Cahill, Everton, in the English Premier League.

It has been a busy off-season for Brillante who was one of the stars for the Young Socceroos at the U-20 World Cup in Turkey.

His performances caught the eye of Socceroos coach Holger Osieck who brought him into his squad for the EAFF East Asian Cup.

“Holger told me that he watched me at the Under 20 World Cup and said that I did pretty well," said Brillante.

“He told me that I was going in the right direction and to keep working hard at my game.

“It was definitely a confidence boost to hear that and to also have made the jump up from the U-20 squad to the senior level is amazing.”

Brillante went on to feature in the Socceroos final match of the tournament that saw them go down 4-3 to China.

Brillante's dual Australian-Italian citizenship will ensure that if a deal is done between his A-League club and a European suitor that he will have not issues attaining a work permit.

Grimario
13-08-2013, 01:38 PM
What a beard.

russjaybee
13-08-2013, 01:39 PM
Surprising the hype he's attracted, still a fairly unknown quantity if you ask me.

Blackmac79
13-08-2013, 01:44 PM
Sign for Everton. At least you might get a game once they are relegated and playing European football after winning the cup.

Grimario
13-08-2013, 01:46 PM
Seriously, if we lose him, we are doomed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDdIdr385tY

lil_masi
13-08-2013, 02:09 PM
Sell him for 500k and buy Garcia

joel31
13-08-2013, 03:06 PM
Surprising the hype he's attracted, still a fairly unknown quantity if you ask me.
He was great at the under-20 world cup

russjaybee
13-08-2013, 03:12 PM
Yeh I know Joel and I watched, however he was a good player in a team that got 1 pt in 3 games and didn't make it out of the group stage.

joel31
14-08-2013, 08:05 AM
Yeh I know Joel and I watched, however he was a good player in a team that got 1 pt in 3 games and didn't make it out of the group stage.
true but we were unlucky. We lead in all 3 games and probably deserved a bit more. Besides against El Salvador we played well

Bon
15-08-2013, 06:22 PM
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Newcastle-Jets-sign-Kew-Jaliens/72790

So there is our new central defender..

OmeletteDuFromage
15-08-2013, 06:25 PM
Very happy with this signing.

Grimario
15-08-2013, 06:28 PM
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Newcastle-Jets-sign-Kew-Jaliens/72790

So there is our new central defender..

Look forward to seeing him in NYL games :gent:

Grimario
15-08-2013, 06:30 PM
Wait.

Jets head coach Gary van Egmond was equally pleased to have Jaliens at the Club, saying the centre-back was the final piece of the puzzle for the Jets’ playing squad.

:what:

No quality creative attacking midfielder then.

steve136
15-08-2013, 06:37 PM
Wait.

Woah woah woah "creative"?
Settle down mate, this isn't the Bundesliga.

Imyourhero
15-08-2013, 06:38 PM
finally

Premy
15-08-2013, 06:39 PM
Wait.

That's Burns if memory serves me correct the jets said they were after a quality player in the front third. It was all foz speculation that suggested it would be a CAM

q-money
15-08-2013, 06:40 PM
bigger fan of hugh jaliens but anyway

MFKS
15-08-2013, 06:40 PM
Wait.

Giving Kale a senior contract:whistling:

steve136
15-08-2013, 06:42 PM
That's Burns if memory serves me correct the jets said they were after a quality player in the front third. It was all foz speculation that suggested it would be a CAM

Do you guys reckon the Jets understand what a loan is? I love their mindset - "Let's sign an attacking player for the early rounds in the season, and then be up sh*t creek when it actually matters."

q-money
15-08-2013, 06:43 PM
i reckon most of you blokes would boo santa claus :rof:

Grimario
15-08-2013, 06:44 PM

So the quality player we have for the final third is here for a portion of the season on loan... That will work well if we actually play well and then head to the finals with the non Burns players being their usual non Burns selves...

goaliepersempre
15-08-2013, 06:45 PM
true but we were unlucky. We lead in all 3 games and probably deserved a bit more. Besides against El Salvador we played well

And El Salvador is such a great footballing nation....

Grimario
15-08-2013, 06:45 PM

Santa Claus is a complete cretin. Came down the chimney once when I was a kid and then mum went off at me saying it was me that jerked off in the fireplace.

GazFish35
15-08-2013, 06:48 PM
Cue the Kew puns.

GazFish35
15-08-2013, 06:49 PM
I've heard he's very good at lining up before kickoff.

GazFish35
15-08-2013, 06:49 PM
Can't be in a wall though, he always turns side on to the ball and expects the others to do the same.

GazFish35
15-08-2013, 06:50 PM
Never pushes in to get on the team bus.

GazFish35
15-08-2013, 06:50 PM
Good at pool.

My2BobsWorth
15-08-2013, 06:51 PM
I hope he kills it, should be good for the young defenders

Premy
15-08-2013, 06:51 PM
Santa Claus is a complete cretin. Came down the chimney once when I was a kid and then mum went off at me saying it was me that jerked off in the fireplace.

Haha lost my shit well played Grim well played

plague
15-08-2013, 07:09 PM
Wots his engines like?

pv4
15-08-2013, 07:21 PM
Can't wait till our fans turn on him like they did tiago

MFKS
15-08-2013, 07:35 PM
Can't wait till our fans turn on him like they did tiago

Be more worried about GVE sending him to do laps Kasey style

lil_masi
15-08-2013, 07:36 PM
Disappointed we didnt go for Garcia. Would have complemented our squad really good.
Happy with the signing. Looks experienced. Bit old though. But zwaansvijk was old as well n was a gun!

plague
15-08-2013, 07:39 PM
How long has he signed for?

Grimario
15-08-2013, 07:43 PM

"for the 2013/14 A-League season"

Guessing that means a one year deal.

plague
15-08-2013, 07:50 PM
"for the 2013/14 A-League season"

Guessing that means a one year deal.

Jesus, that's a lifetime contract compared to some of the deals we've done.

15-08-2013, 07:51 PM

No we wouldn't. Unlike GvE, Santa Claus delivers.

Jeterpool
15-08-2013, 07:51 PM
Like this signing. Well done Jets

joel31
15-08-2013, 08:32 PM
Wait.

From last season we don't need one we just boot it to Heskey

joel31
15-08-2013, 08:33 PM
Hopefully he is still good

joel31
15-08-2013, 08:35 PM
Assuming we will play 3-4-3, Jaliens will slot into defence alongside Chapman and hopefully Regan

15-08-2013, 09:22 PM
Far Kews > Zads Lads

joel31
15-08-2013, 09:28 PM
To be fair though Burns and Jaliens are quite good signings

Tommyjet
15-08-2013, 09:42 PM
Would of liked him to be a bit taller

Tommyjet
15-08-2013, 09:45 PM
To be fair though Burns and Jaliens are quite good signings

I agree but time will tell, hope burns stays on

halo se7en
15-08-2013, 10:58 PM

Only 14.6 games then he goes back to Poland

front2
15-08-2013, 11:09 PM
Only time will tell once again when the invaders send their grunting silverbacks into our arena.

furns
16-08-2013, 05:46 AM
No we wouldn't. Unlike GvE, Santa Claus delivers.http://asdflkjhasdflkjhasdflkjhasdflkjhasdflkjhasdflkjhas dflkjhasdflkj.com/applause.gif

Blackmac79
16-08-2013, 08:09 AM
Kew's Jews

Rocknerd
16-08-2013, 09:58 AM
No we wouldn't. Unlike GvE, Santa Claus delivers.

http://asdflkjhasdflkjhasdflkjhasdflkjhasdflkjhasdflkjhas dflkjhasdflkj.com/applause.gif

Something about Winning the internet.

MFKS
16-08-2013, 12:39 PM
His name is a mouthful for the English speaking language.

Lets just call him Kev.

lil_masi
16-08-2013, 12:46 PM
His name is a mouthful for the English speaking language.

Lets just call him Kev.

Saw on twitter its pronounced kyu Yahleens/Yahlins

My2BobsWorth
16-08-2013, 04:23 PM
bigger fan of hugh jaliens but anyway

His nickname has got to be Hugh. We can claim to have huge aliens in our backline, just what I've always wanted

boz-monaut
16-08-2013, 08:37 PM
I'm afraid of anything foreign

fan we Aussie his name up a bit and just call him Spew?

plague
16-08-2013, 08:44 PM
Aussie his name up a bit

Jaliensy

Imyourhero
16-08-2013, 09:04 PM
Jaliensy

Jazza

parksey
17-08-2013, 01:35 AM
Jaz

GazFish35
17-08-2013, 08:08 AM
KJ

Grimario
17-08-2013, 10:06 AM
KJ
Cage

Naturally we will end up calling him Nicholas.

Jetmaster
17-08-2013, 11:12 AM
Jalo...

GazFish35
17-08-2013, 11:49 AM
New Dutchy

17-08-2013, 12:37 PM
^ Yes please, the old one is not worth 2bob

The Dunster
17-08-2013, 01:35 PM
The Jets have signed a 183cm, 71kg, 34 yr old right back with achilles problems to play as a centre back in a very physical league.

Sounds about right.

Grimario
17-08-2013, 05:28 PM
The Jets have signed a 183cm, 71kg, 34 yr old right back with achilles problems to play as a centre back in a very physical league.

Sounds about right.

Great. I was trying to look at this asa hugely positive signing and you've ruined it. Now all I've got to look forward to is Mitchell playing more games than Huge Aliens.

sammydog
24-08-2013, 01:31 AM
Jaliens lands in Newcastle this weekend.

When is the next trail after wellington?

GazFish35
24-08-2013, 08:26 AM
The following day in glenrock.

Do you run the "fans page" on FB?

q-money
24-08-2013, 09:27 AM
:rof:

sammydog
24-08-2013, 10:32 AM
The following day in glenrock.

To much Glenrock crap going on at the moment, Ive written the word trails too many times in the last few weeks. In my defence though, it was a late night, drunken post after semi final celebrations.

you run the "fans page" on FB?
My spelling isn't that bad is it?

The Dunster
24-08-2013, 01:00 PM
At the end of last season I decided I'd had enought of GVE's shit and decided not to renew my membership or attend any more Jets games,

Turns out I'm as weak as piss as I've folded already and will be renewing my membership and season tickets.

Why do we keep doing this to ourselves ?

GazFish35
24-08-2013, 01:41 PM
Welcome back aboard!

Football is a cruel mistress.

MFKS
24-08-2013, 08:59 PM
At the end of last season I decided I'd had enought of GVE's shit and decided not to renew my membership or attend any more Jets games,

Turns out I'm as weak as piss as I've folded already and will be renewing my membership and season tickets.

Don't worry a game or two of GVE inspired insanity will make you regret that decision. Within a month you won't be coming.

Good news is that you won't be on your own :whistling::lol:

My2BobsWorth
24-08-2013, 09:16 PM
Within a month you won't be coming.

Penisial constipation

stopper2
24-08-2013, 09:50 PM

My young bloke said don't bother renewing this season. I recalled back in the old NSL days when there was a period when there was no Newcastle representing this region. Yes it has been painful supporting this club the last few seasons but it sure as hell would be more painful just watching the A-League on Fox and not having a Newcastle side to support and watch live......that is the big picture!

MFKS
24-08-2013, 09:56 PM
My young bloke said don't bother renewing this season. I recalled back in the old NSL days when there was a period when there was no Newcastle representing this region. Yes it has been painful supporting this club the last few seasons but it sure as hell would be more painful just watching the A-League on Fox and not having a Newcastle side to support and watch live......that is the big picture!
You do raise a good point there Stopper.

This shit we are having to endure though is ridiculously painful and unnecessary and the worse part of it is there seems no end in sight

Blackmac79
25-08-2013, 10:44 AM
I don't know why people would stop renewing due to the quality being shown on the pitch.

Lets all remember what we are paying for here.

turbojetfireV8
29-08-2013, 07:03 PM

Same here, it felt like a choice between committing hara-kiri or renewing my season pass - hara-kiri was too soft an option in the end...

ForeverRed
01-09-2013, 01:09 PM
Men of football function last night with Andy harper, mike cokerill and David Lowe as compares, harpers interview with our new signing Kew showed Kew is all class on and off the field, his experience is going to be massive , Nathan burns and emmile heskey were also interviewed in what was a very enjoyable evening

MFKS
01-09-2013, 07:32 PM
Men of football function last night with Andy harper, mike cokerill and David Lowe as compares, harpers interview with our new signing Kew showed Kew is all class on and off the field, his experience is going to be massive , Nathan burns and emmile heskey were also interviewed in what was a very enjoyable evening

Did see the Cawk at the Jaffas V Olympic game on Saturday arvo was wondering what he was doing in Newy. Thought the **** was lost

seldom
01-09-2013, 11:20 PM

You give us hope

MFKS
04-10-2013, 05:40 PM
The Hunter Ports Newcastle Jets are pleased to announce the playing squad numbers for the 2013/14 Hyundai A-League season.

1. Mark Birighitti
2. Scott Neville
3. Taylor Regan
4. Kew Jaliens
5. Ben Kantarovski
6. Zenon Caravella
7. Andrew Hoole
8. Ruden Zadkovich
9. Emile Heskey
10. Nathan Burns
11. Craig Goodwin
12. Connor Chapman
13. Joey Gibbs
14. Josh Mitchell
15. Joshua Brillante
16. Jacob Pepper
17. James Virgili
18. James Brown
19. Michael Bridges
20. Ben Kennedy
21. Sam Gallaway
22. Adam Taggart
24. Mitchell Oxborrow
25. Mitch Cooper
30. John Solari.

Grimario
04-10-2013, 07:00 PM
http://m.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastle-jets-news-display/Birighitti-resigns-with-the-Jets/76444/5

Contract extended to 15/16.

Thomas477
04-10-2013, 07:01 PM
Kennedy and Brown have obviously fallen down the pecking order. Good too IMO.

And thank **** Biraz has signed on for another 2 seasons. :yay:

hawk
04-10-2013, 07:22 PM

this is the lesson of the ages, walking the walk and ignoring young blokes comments, should have been followed up with a headclip as well.

Pico
04-10-2013, 08:31 PM
http://static.ffa.sportalhosting.com/site/_content/article/00076444-leadimage.jpg

pv4 explodes with rage in 3...2...1

Again with the Mariners Yellow, seriously is it really the only colour ISC can do a Keeper kit in, an entire world of colours but they consistently pick yellow.

pistolpete
04-10-2013, 08:58 PM
Good on him for re-signing but contracts mean nothing these days as we have seen time and time again. He will be gone before the contract is up and I will wish him the best. He has a big future

MFKS
04-10-2013, 09:23 PM
Good on him for re-signing but contracts mean nothing these days as we have seen time and time again. He will be gone before the contract is up and I will wish him the best. He has a big future

Whether he sees out his contract is irrelevant. When the day calls and he leaves having him contracted may see a few bucks coming Tinks way. As opposed to **** all if he is off contract.

Middleby has done something right

Premy
04-10-2013, 11:43 PM
Whether he sees out his contract is irrelevant. When the day calls and he leaves having him contracted may see a few bucks coming Tinks way. As opposed to **** all if he is off contract.

Middleby has done something right

RM will just release him and Tinks will get FA

Jetmaster
05-10-2013, 11:45 AM
We extend everyone's contract now so we can get dosh when they move. Plus alot of fringe players now see more value in playing A-League this season to be visible before the WC.

Pretty Boy will leave at the end of this season to an O/S contract and BK will reclaim what is his !

militiamon
05-10-2013, 12:54 PM
Pretty Boy will leave at the end of this season to an O/S contract and BK will reclaim what is his !

My man :cool:

plague
05-10-2013, 03:45 PM
When the day calls and he leaves having him contracted may see a few bucks coming Tinks way.

Nope.

plague
05-10-2013, 03:45 PM
We extend everyone's contract now so we can get dosh when they move.!

Nope.

plague
05-10-2013, 03:46 PM
RM will just release him and Tinks will get FA

Yep.

/middleby'd

Premy
06-10-2013, 12:06 PM
"The clubs proud to be developing young talent, Mark wants to further his career and the club won't stand in his way. We wish him all the best for his career" RM

hawk
06-10-2013, 11:38 PM
http://static.ffa.sportalhosting.com/site/_content/article/00076444-leadimage.jpg
pv4 explodes with rage in 3...2...1
Again with the Mariners Yellow, seriously is it really the only colour ISC can do a Keeper kit in, an entire world of colours but they consistently pick yellow.

This Is n0t Art, this is p#ss

GazFish35
07-10-2013, 12:02 AM
It looks like a Gold Coast united kit.

07-10-2013, 12:22 AM
It looks like a Gold Coast united kit.

Stick James Brown in it then, just may get some decent football out of him then

seldom
07-10-2013, 02:05 AM
keepers love comin here...more touches than any other player and shoeins for player of the year

lquiquer
13-10-2013, 03:44 PM

.....21: Galloway, 22: taggart, 23: --------, 24: oxborrow, 25: cooper..... Well spotted son.... Does that tell u blokes something? January?

Thomas477
13-10-2013, 06:27 PM
If its Ryan, it won't help.

We won't win anything without a #10 if we continue to play a 4231.

plague
13-10-2013, 06:56 PM
.....21: Galloway, 22: taggart, 23: --------, 24: oxborrow, 25: cooper..... Well spotted son.... Does that tell u blokes something? January?

Middleby already gave player #23 away. Scored too many goals in training.
We got an undisclosed fee apparently.

Middleby OUT.

militiamon
13-10-2013, 07:14 PM
:yap:

joel31
13-10-2013, 09:31 PM
Jets hoping to find cutting edge
Hunter Ports Newcastle Jets head coach Gary van Egmond says the Jets’ inability to break down Sydney FC’s defence proved to be the difference between the two sides in Friday night’s Hyundai A-League season opener at Allianz Stadium.

Despite having a whopping 59% of possession during the match, the Jets only managed to fashion one shot on target during the contest, with Jacob Pepper’s header onto the woodwork, the closest they came top finding the back of the net.

"We got on top early and we looked extremely dangerous but it comes back to bite you if you don’t take those chances," van Egmond said.

"Opposition teams are always going to get that opportunity to dominate a game.

"It's a case where it's really frustrating because we created our own misfortune (for both their goals)."

Van Egmond said decision making and execution in the attacking third of the pitch is a key area of improvement for the Jets ahead of Sunday’s clash with Perth Glory.

"We really need to work on the front third,” van Egmond said.

"We need to get their positioning right and get confidence into the two boys (up front).

"The build up play from the back into the midfield was quite good but the next pass into the forward area was a concern.

"It never looked like it was going to stick and then we pushed passes. It never really got there so it's something we need to work on."

Attacking midfielder Michael Bridges is expected to return from injury against the Glory, giving Newcastle added potency in the front third.

Aside from Bridges returning, van Egmond said he is unlikely to tinker with the Jets’ line-up too extensively ahead on Sunday’s fixture.

"We're not going to make wholesale changes," van Egmond said.

"You have to give players who performed tonight a real opportunity. We're going to stick with that squad and in particular the team.

"I think we have a good team and a real strong squad.

"Tonight we got a bit overawed in those two wide areas and up front and it cost us.

"You can start to dominate a game but unless you've got something to show for it the opposition is going to hurt you."

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Jets-hoping-to-find-cutting-edge/77123
At least he can identify the problem I doubt he can fix it

joel31
13-10-2013, 09:33 PM
Marcello Fiorentini commented on the facebook post about the article saying "fire him and 2/3 players"

skippy
14-10-2013, 05:38 PM
Marcello Fiorentini commented on the facebook post about the article saying "fire him and 2/3 players"

Screenshot?

joel31
14-10-2013, 05:57 PM
Screenshot?
http://puu.sh/4PHlt.jpg

snake
15-10-2013, 09:09 AM
allo boiz!

Schultz
16-10-2013, 09:52 PM
At least he can identify the problem I doubt he can fix it

Says one thing, does another.

Schultz
16-10-2013, 09:52 PM
allo boiz!

Ullo boiz

pv4
17-10-2013, 11:09 AM
Oxborrow re-signed for 1 more season

Lundy (yoof) promoted to first team for next season, for 2 years. What are the deets on this kid? Good? Position? Etc?

BodyNovo
17-10-2013, 11:31 AM
Oxborrow re-signed for 1 more season

Lundy (yoof) promoted to first team for next season, for 2 years. What are the deets on this kid? Good? Position? Etc?

speed demon, winger, got a future if puts some muscle on, and gets a ruthless streak about him.

Thomas477
17-10-2013, 12:19 PM
Excellent, another minimum wage player who people will bitch about when he doesn't get any game time.

But good on him for getting a professional contract.

MFKS
17-10-2013, 03:46 PM
Excellent, another minimum wage player who people will bitch about when he doesn't get any game time.

But good on him for getting a professional contract.

Actually it is more of a disgrace that he has one already. Has speed/has potential etc Problem is there is no end product is far too selfish and he is almost a headless chook at times with his head down at a million miles an hour effort. He has many issues that need to work on and it is almost like he has got it for his good engines and flat out attitude. Performances do not warrant it yet.

Not having a dig at the bloke as I wish him all the best but I am baffled as to why he has got a contract already as at this stage in his development I don't see him as worthy of this achievement

Until the club can do something useful with Virgili why sign another bloke in the mould of him??

Grimario
17-10-2013, 03:49 PM
Until the club can do something useful with Virgili why sign another bloke in the mould of him??

Is he a lefty? If so, makes perfect sense. Play one on the right, one on the left after Burns loan expires and Goodwin buggers off to Reading.

Local Rules
17-10-2013, 03:55 PM
Actually it is more of a disgrace that he has one already. Has speed/has potential etc Problem is there is no end product is far too selfish and he is almost a headless chook at times with his head down at a million miles an hour effort. He has many issues that need to work on and it is almost like he has got it for his good engines and flat out attitude. Performances do not warrant it yet.

Not having a dig at the bloke as I wish him all the best but I am baffled as to why he has got a contract already as at this stage in his development I don't see him as worthy of this achievement

He was destined to be a professional from an early age as he was playing PL in Sydney years ago. My question for you Member is if they are signing these guys does that mean that Kale could be headed back to NBN in the next season with one of the glamour clubs.

MFKS
17-10-2013, 04:29 PM
He was destined to be a professional from an early age as he was playing PL in Sydney years ago. My question for you Member is if they are signing these guys does that mean that Kale could be headed back to NBN in the next season with one of the glamour clubs.

???

Until the fate of GVE is decided and he gets the arse and the club changes direction who knows.

Playing the way we do Kale has little chance of making it under GVE. Change of coach/tactics may see things change dramatically though.

MFKS
17-10-2013, 04:30 PM
Is he a lefty? If so, makes perfect sense. Play one on the right, one on the left after Burns loan expires and Goodwin buggers off to Reading.

Bloke is all right foot and plays right side

Grimario
17-10-2013, 04:34 PM
Bloke is all right foot and plays right side

Perfect for the left side then, can cut in and let Gallaway overlap.

plague
17-10-2013, 06:47 PM
Perfect for the left side then, can cut in and let Gallaway overlap as the DM's give the ball away and we get scored on again

you left a bit out.

Fairgo
17-10-2013, 08:36 PM

Blahhh ha ha u13s u14s Manly leaves school year 10 so gets opportunity to train during day with senior side. Speed speed speed touch of an elephant and no football brain. Watched several trial matches and all the players would throw there hands in the air with frustration everytime he got the ball and lost it. So what happens when he plays the yoof season and doesn't prove himself do they retract the contract that has been signed for the following 2years??? I don't know I thought you need more then speed to be an elite footballer maybe they can teach him to play football. Good luck to him and I may eat my words. Must have a good agent.:blah:

GazFish35
29-11-2013, 08:59 AM
Pepper and Kanta resigned.

Good news

joel31
29-11-2013, 09:04 AM
I thought they re-signed not 'resigned'

Grimario
29-11-2013, 10:24 AM
Pepper and Kanta resigned.

Good news

Two year deals too.

Seriously, what the fxxk is with the Jets? There is no certainty in the coaching space so putting these guys on two year contracts just means the next manager has the excuse of "oh, but this is Gary's team". It's awful management.

MIDDLEBY OUT

Jeterpool
29-11-2013, 10:31 AM
Two year deals too.

Seriously, what the fxxk is with the Jets? There is no certainty in the coaching space so putting these guys on two year contracts just means the next manager has the excuse of "oh, but this is Gary's team". It's awful management.

MIDDLEBY OUT

You're just cranky that it's raining and that has an impact on the Disc Golf Course, aren't you.

plague
29-11-2013, 11:00 AM
Two year deals too.

MIDDLEBY OUT

That's a bit unfair on Middleby there Grim.

Grimario
29-11-2013, 11:37 AM
You're just cranky that it's raining and that has an impact on the Disc Golf Course, aren't you.

Pouring rain >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 40 degree heat and gale force winds in meltingly hot Maitland. What a day that was, I nearly died.

And I hadn't finished my first bowl of coffee with that earlier post. All good now though.

Grimario
29-11-2013, 11:39 AM
That's a bit unfair on Middleby there Grim.

Pfft. Middleby is nothing but a shit version of a piano.

Possibly the worst joke I have ever made. Ever.

29-11-2013, 11:50 AM
Two year deals too.

MIDDLEBY OUT

I don't think the club would be silly enough to employ another coach who wanted to drag out that old chestnut. This " not my squad " crap that coaches go on with is nothing more than a feeble attempt at job security.

A good coach will have more than one dimension to his views on how the game can be played, we just got stuck with a dickhead that took two years to wake up to himself and play to a game plan the boys could execute.

GazFish35
29-11-2013, 11:55 AM
[QUOTE=380;54927]I don't think the club would be silly enough to employ another coach who wanted to drag out that old chestnut. This " not my squad " crap that coaches go on with is nothing more than a feeble attempt at job security.
QUOTE]

good ;luck finding a coach who wont use it.

Bon
29-11-2013, 11:56 AM
[QUOTE=380;54927]I don't think the club would be silly enough to employ another coach who wanted to drag out that old chestnut. This " not my squad " crap that coaches go on with is nothing more than a feeble attempt at job security.
QUOTE]

good ;luck finding a coach who wont use it.

A coach that is winning wouldn't use it..

29-11-2013, 12:01 PM
I agree completely GF. Coaches are so caught up in this textbook frigg'n whiteboard carriculum football thats its become hard to find one who doesn't want to turn a simple game into something so f^&*'n complicated.

With the exception of the 1st Rd Adel game last season we were playing good honest football for the first few rounds , blokes getting high and wide delivering for the big fella or taking a chance at putting one on target themselves. Then the muppet had to go on this textbook complicated rubbish and tinkering in the persuit of stats and it all went to shit.

Grimario
29-11-2013, 12:07 PM
With the exception of the 1st Rd Adel game last season we were playing good honest football for the first few rounds , blokes getting high and wide delivering for the big fella or taking a chance at putting one on target themselves. Then the muppet had to go on this textbook complicated rubbish and tinkering in the persuit of stats and it all went to shit.

Revisionist history. We were just as rubbish in most those opening games as we were most of the season, just got lucky a few times.

Grimario
06-12-2013, 10:23 AM
Chapman re-signed, one year extension.

Tommyjet
06-12-2013, 12:04 PM
Good stuff, gets a bit of unwarranted grief from some sections of the newcastle faithful

joel31
06-12-2013, 01:37 PM
Good move from the club. He'll be a good Socceroo defender some day

furns
06-12-2013, 03:17 PM
we have a new squad thread lads

:closed: