PDA

View Full Version : Newcastle United (Hunter Ports) Jets squad 2012/13

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

parksey
21-06-2012, 11:08 PM
no idea who's in the squad, take it away borat.

parksey
21-06-2012, 11:09 PM
aka sign griff and flores

/furns

pistolpete
21-06-2012, 11:28 PM
Must sign Griff. Wrote reasons then realised was not needed. Just sign him already ffs

KB UNITED
22-06-2012, 12:21 AM
well I've been waiting for weeks to get back on the forum to spill the beans on what's been happening with the lads at training so here it goes...

GVE IS A COMPLETE AND UTTER DICKHEAD AND THE SENIOR PLAYERS ARE REALLY CONSIDERING A MOVE IF HE DOESN'T CHANGE HIS WAYS.This is exactly what happened last time and remember how much we all wanted that smug prick out the door?He's filling the team with young nobodys who he can easily control and letting go of experienced blokes who are proven in this league. I CAN TELL YOU THAT THE PLAYERS HATED THE DECISION TO LET TAREK GO.R Griff was in the office face to face with van Egghead telling him that he'll lose the change room if he let our boy go and he just didn't care.WHAT A PRICK.Griff was upset that there was no consultation with the senior players over player retainment because all the boys loved Tarek as well as Labi and they didn't want them to go.These young kids he's brought in will take us all the way to last place and the older boys KNOW IT.

KB UNITED
22-06-2012, 12:45 AM
look mate, I was chattnig with griff the other day and that's just aload of shite., the new boys are loving it here and the older boys are enjoying the preseason traininng.

HAHA righto mate.what would you know?you're probably so far us van Egghead's arse you can't tell when he ends and you begin! YOU'RE JUST ANOTHER ARSE KISSER MATE HAHA!I'm close to all of the boys and I think i'd know what I'm talking about.

Blackmac79
22-06-2012, 05:41 AM
Good to see the forum quality is still there.

BodyNovo
22-06-2012, 05:49 AM
long time reader, first time poster.

would really like to see the club sign Joel Griffiths. He is a good striker. Thanks

Jeterpool
22-06-2012, 07:40 AM
well I've been waiting for weeks to get back on the forum to spill the beans on what's been happening with the lads at training so here it goes...

GVE IS A COMPLETE AND UTTER DICKHEAD AND THE SENIOR PLAYERS ARE REALLY CONSIDERING A MOVE IF HE DOESN'T CHANGE HIS WAYS.This is exactly what happened last time and remember how much we all wanted that smug prick out the door?He's filling the team with young nobodys who he can easily control and letting go of experienced blokes who are proven in this league. I CAN TELL YOU THAT THE PLAYERS HATED THE DECISION TO LET TAREK GO.R Griff was in the office face to face with van Egghead telling him that he'll lose the change room if he let our boy go and he just didn't care.WHAT A PRICK.Griff was upset that there was no consultation with the senior players over player retainment because all the boys loved Tarek as well as Labi and they didn't want them to go.These young kids he's brought in will take us all the way to last place and the older boys KNOW IT.

Hope Griffo gave you the OK to start staing rumours on his behalf!

GazFish35
22-06-2012, 07:48 AM
Now we need Kaan Kant back and the retun of the foz will be complete.

pistolpete
22-06-2012, 07:58 AM

would really like to see the club sign Joel Griffiths. He is a good striker. Thanks

Best first post ever

pv4
22-06-2012, 08:18 AM
i've missed this place.

pv4
22-06-2012, 08:32 AM
also i agree with what porkesy's multi said - sign griff & flores

Jeterpool
22-06-2012, 08:37 AM
Sydney already linked with Flores. No surprise there

Fits our bill. Good player.

Pico
22-06-2012, 08:56 AM
Any more noise on T-S to WSW?

Tommyjet
22-06-2012, 09:12 AM
At the risk of pissing some people off with my first post after years of reading this forum, Tarek needed to go! Top bloke and great clubman but not a-league standard.

Ps bring back J. Griff

GazFish35
22-06-2012, 10:03 AM
Any more noise on T-S to WSW?

He's been strongly linked to be one of the ten players they are announcing on Monday....along with Covic apparently.

Edit: though you said TE, not T-S.
Carry on.

Tommyjet
22-06-2012, 12:17 PM
Nts gone, was abysmal at times last year. Gotta feel for the troopers

true waterboy
22-06-2012, 12:21 PM

Thats alrite we have the coopers troopers now

Jeterpool
22-06-2012, 12:49 PM

There you go...glad they held off until teh Forum was re-established

Jetmaster
22-06-2012, 12:59 PM
Tarek was not as popular with the players as the fans. One current player has grabbed him by the throat at training.....

But we move on......anyone talked to Flores yet ?

hamma01
22-06-2012, 01:31 PM
gallaway....

hawk
22-06-2012, 04:42 PM
topor was the best stanley

westjet
22-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Is Josh Mitchell still training with the squad - any chance that he is going to be signed as a new centre back?

Thomas477
22-06-2012, 05:28 PM
Tarek was not as popular with the players as the fans. One current player has grabbed him by the throat at training.....

But we move on......anyone talked to Flores yet ?

Sign Flores FFS. Don't care what he wants, it'll still be cheaper than Wayne at the Nights and them winning the spoon.

Also, so what if the players liked TE? They're ****ing proffessional players and if they want to play with mates, they can piss off and go to the respective All Age comp and form a team there, other HTFU and respect your boss and get on with living the dream of many.

pistolpete
22-06-2012, 06:37 PM
Righto champ. If your so close to the boys why didn't you know that Topro was going to be released?

Fire up V Bomber

pistolpete
22-06-2012, 08:33 PM
His clueless mate. Always has been. always will be.

He does like to talk a fair bit of bullshit, that's for sure

plague
22-06-2012, 08:47 PM
if they want to play with mates, they can piss off and go to the respective All Age comp and form a team there

To be fair though I pretty much hate all my All Age team mates.

Jetmaster
23-06-2012, 08:47 AM
Give GVE some credit - he really has put his balls under the axe for this season. It's victory, or certain death !

Justin
23-06-2012, 12:15 PM
Squad list sourced from Sydney FC forums. I've removed NTS.

*The following 17 players are signed
- 4 u21
- 1 Foreign

CONTRACT EXPIRES END OF SEASON 2012/13:
#1) Ben Kennedy (gk)
#8) Michael Bridges
#10) Ruben Zadkovich
#12) Jobe Wheelhouse
#13) Tiago Calvano (Fgn)
#15) Sam Gallaway (u21)
#18) Marko Jesic
#??) James Virgili (u21)

CONTRACT EXPIRES END OF SEASON 2013/14:
#2) Taylor Regan
#6) Ben Kantarovski
#20) Mark Birighitti (gk)
#??) Jacob Pepper (u21)
#??) Adam Taggart (u21)
#??) Connor Chapman (u21)
#??) Ryan Griffiths
#??) Scott Neville
#??) Craig Goodwin
#??) James Brown
#??) Mitch Cooper

I've also heard that GVE will let Tiago go if another club will take him.

Muswellbrookian
23-06-2012, 02:58 PM
Wow, seems a lot has happened around here lately.

I'm not sad to see Topor go, to be honest. Solid stopper and all the rest of it but rubbish with the ball at his feet. I'd be more than happy for Taylor to step up and take his place provided we sign someone like Mitchell as back-up and hold onto Tiago (or let Tiago go, sign someone similar and sign Mitchell). With such a young team in general it'd be suicide for us to play an inexperienced CB pairing like Regan and Chapman - or (God forbid) Gallaway and Chapman.

MFKS
23-06-2012, 07:08 PM
Wow, seems a lot has happened around here lately.

I'm not sad to see Topor go, to be honest. Solid stopper and all the rest of it but rubbish with the ball at his feet. I'd be more than happy for Taylor to step up and take his place provided we sign someone like Mitchell as back-up and hold onto Tiago (or let Tiago go, sign someone similar and sign Mitchell). With such a young team in general it'd be suicide for us to play an inexperienced CB pairing like Regan and Chapman - or (God forbid) Gallaway and Chapman.

We need two fast Defenders to play the high line GVE wants us to. Go watch our state league yoof games and we are playing a very high line and offside trap.

I am pretty certain reading between the lines that Tarago is living on borrowed time as he doesn't have the pace. Taylor does have the pace and Connor Chapman is only a time factor for when GVE pulls the trigger and throws him as a starter. NTS being surplus to requirements may be more of GVE giving a show of faith in the rise of Chapman and the qualities our other new recruits show. Wouldn't surprise me to see Connor Chapman and Taylor as our starting CB's in Rd 1. Connor hasn't been playing in the last 3 Yoof games despite being a standout. Why??

Probably because GVE ain't gonna burn the candle in him when he is needed for the HAL squad

Muswellbrookian
23-06-2012, 08:57 PM
Completely agree with you as far as the pace thing goes, I'm just not a big fan of having a central defensive pairing whose combined age is 40. We need some experience in there.

q-money
23-06-2012, 09:01 PM
play faj in the first team

MFKS
23-06-2012, 09:10 PM
play faj in the first team

FMD

The bloke struggles in the Yoof team:p:p

pv4
23-06-2012, 09:23 PM
FMD

The bloke struggles in the Yoof team:p:p

I hope the long time reader first time poster doesn't see you saying that.

Grunta
24-06-2012, 08:27 AM
Not much to say other than glad to see that the foz is back up and running and wanted to get my first post up again. It's like popping a cherry all over again. :)

Taylor Raygun will step up to fill Toppers spots and the Troopers should just be called the Troppers, although I don't know what they will do with their wigs?

Will we struggle this year? I think these young blokes will go out there with something to prove so as long as they don't get the shite kicked out of them I think we will do alright.

true waterboy
24-06-2012, 10:31 AM
Taylor Raygun will step up to fill Toppers spots and the Troopers should just be called the Troppers, although I don't know what they will do with their wigs?

Im fairly sure coopers troopers with wigs in the style of moss (IT crowd) was decided in the old foz

Grunta
24-06-2012, 11:41 AM
Im fairly sure coopers troopers with wigs in the style of moss (IT crowd) was decided in the old foz

Cheers, hears hoping that Cooper gets plenty of ball time so we can see the Trooper in action.

MFKS
25-06-2012, 10:06 AM
From what I have seen of Mitch so far playing in the yoof he has a bit of work to do before he will get a start over Kanta Jobe Rubes Peppz Brown and whoever else we have to play in the centre of midfield. Has great feet and a few ticks up his sleeve but his involvement at that level should be a bit greater if he wants to be playing HAL next season as a first team regular not as a bit part sub. Early days though because he has only played 2 yoof games but I ain't seeing anything yet to say he will be a first teamer come October

pv4
25-06-2012, 10:19 AM
apparently the young socceroos played brisbane strikers last week. word from a guy that went to it said taggart looked lively up front & cooper was amazing in the midfield. there were other people he mentioned but those are who i remember off the top of my head.

OmeletteDuFromage
28-06-2012, 04:30 PM
The Newcastle Jets have today brought defender Josh Mitchell home after he signed a two-year deal with the Club.

Mitchell was born in Belmont, played junior football with Swansea Swans Soccer Club and commenced his professional career with the Newcastle United Jets. Mitchell went on to play with Romanian club Universitatea Craiova and more recently Perth Glory.

After competing for the 2011/12 Championship with Perth, the Novocastrian was invited to trial with the Jets three weeks ago and confirmed what coach Gary van Egmond already knew.

“I have coached Josh before and I know what he can bring to the team,” van Egmond said.

“Josh is a very good defender, he is naturally left-sided which helped as that was a position we were looking to fill.

“He brings leadership to the team; he leads by example and is a great communicator.

“It is fantastic we can bring someone like Josh, who is a local player, back to the Jets and to represent Newcastle.”

The Jets coach sees Mitchell becoming a regular member of the starting eleven for next season.

“Everyone is competing for spots this pre-season, but coming in as a 28-year-old, I am not looking at him being a squad player,” van Egmond added.

"Whilst I don't think it will be an issue for him, he has to keep working hard and proving himself to get a spot in the starting side.”

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Jets-sign-Josh-Mitchell/47906

ToddG NBUnited
28-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Happy with that signing, it would be good to see us have a Newy cb pairing of Mitchell and Reeeegz!!

parksey
28-06-2012, 07:36 PM
smart signing.

militiamon
28-06-2012, 09:43 PM
Yeah, good signing at this stage. I'll be interested to see how he defends under greater pressure, but as far as his ability on the ball goes he looked 10x more comfortable than Topor ever did. A combo of him and Tiago might even be on the cards, but again, that will all depend on how they perform against A-League players.

Tommyjet
28-06-2012, 10:20 PM
Yeah happy with this signing, would like to see him teamed up taylor or chapman in one of the next trials. Now for a couple of big attacking signings to take us to the "next level"

GazFish35
28-06-2012, 11:42 PM
Yeah, good signing at this stage. I'll be interested to see how he defends under greater pressure, but as far as his ability on the ball goes he looked 10x more comfortable than Topor ever did. A combo of him and Tiago might even be on the cards, but again, that will all depend on how they perform against A-League players.

Tiago out the door might be on the cards

MFKS
28-06-2012, 11:58 PM
Me I am not convinced by this signing.

The bloke could barely make much of an impression when he was at Perth Glory.

I also am confused as to what this means for Taylor Regan and Connor Chapman who should be both looking to be first choice players this season.

Other than the fact the bloke is Newy born and bred I don't see the purpose to him coming here. I can't see him being a First XI player so whats the point of signing him to fill up squad places??

seldom
29-06-2012, 12:25 AM
actually was a fan of NTS but was realistic about his departure and freeing up funds.Would now like to see a quality no.9 and no.10 to become a title threat

westjet
29-06-2012, 01:48 AM
Me I am not convinced by this signing.

The bloke could barely make much of an impression when he was at Perth Glory.

I also am confused as to what this means for Taylor Regan and Connor Chapman who should be both looking to be first choice players this season.

Other than the fact the bloke is Newy born and bred I don't see the purpose to him coming here. I can't see him being a First XI player so whats the point of signing him to fill up squad places??

What signing will convince you?
Chapman is a work in progress, we won't win anything with a 24 and 18 year old centre back pairing - its a position that you do need one person with experience to guide the line. Reagan shouldn't have that thrown on him yet- let him develop as a future leader not throw all the pressure on him straight away. From the reports of the trail Mitchell did well (may not have been great, but it was the first game for about 3 months). And even if he wasn't it is called a squad - you do need players who are cheap(i am assuming we haven't signed him for huge amount) and offer depth in positions - which Mitchell will. Can't have a squad of superstars, got to free up cap space for lord griffo. Anyway I see Mitchell being preferred to tiago as the season progresses.
Can see Chapman being a huge part of the team, but let's not forget he will be one of the first picked in any young Aussie squad and if rumours are true about possibly tiago release we will need centre back cover.

Jeterpool
29-06-2012, 07:30 AM
I see positives and negatives in replacing NTS with JM.

Positive, I agree Josh looked more comfortable on the ball than Topor did, but as others have said, I want to see this against A-League opposition.

What I think we have lost in this situation is a threat from corners and set pieces. Every time we had one last year I was looking for Topor to get his head on it. He was starting to deliver too. I haven't watched Mitchell that closely - does he offer that threat?

Also Topor was one of the quickest players we had. Sure he took a bit to get going, but he was quick. If Mitchell and Tiago are CB pairing, I believe their relative lack of pace will see us get caught out, particularly if we push a high line.

Personally, I think Regan and Mitchell will start the season. By seasons end, I expect Chapman and Regan to be the centre pairing.

Bon
29-06-2012, 08:25 AM
I see positives and negatives in replacing NTS with JM.

Positive, I agree Josh looked more comfortable on the ball than Topor did, but as others have said, I want to see this against A-League opposition.

What I think we have lost in this situation is a threat from corners and set pieces. Every time we had one last year I was looking for Topor to get his head on it. He was starting to deliver too. I haven't watched Mitchell that closely - does he offer that threat?

Also Topor was one of the quickest players we had. Sure he took a bit to get going, but he was quick. If Mitchell and Tiago are CB pairing, I believe their relative lack of pace will see us get caught out, particularly if we push a high line.

Personally, I think Regan and Mitchell will start the season. By seasons end, I expect Chapman and Regan to be the centre pairing.

I know everyone has their own views on things, but I couldn't disagree more about the two things you said about Topor..
Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of his, but to say he was quick.. He had the speed and acceleration of a slow moss.. One of our biggest problems last year was our lack of pace at the back while NTS and Tiago were both on the field.
As for him offering threat on corners/set pieces, for a bloke his size you would think there would be a lot more coming from him (although perhaps it could be the delivery of the ball in, NTS used to drag players out, etc).

MFKS
29-06-2012, 12:13 PM
I know everyone has their own views on things, but I couldn't disagree more about the two things you said about Topor..
Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of his, but to say he was quick.. He had the speed and acceleration of a slow moss.. One of our biggest problems last year was our lack of pace at the back while NTS and Tiago were both on the field.
As for him offering threat on corners/set pieces, for a bloke his size you would think there would be a lot more coming from him (although perhaps it could be the delivery of the ball in, NTS used to drag players out, etc).

Topor has very poor initial acceleration. Once he gets going his top speed is pretty good though. Give him a 30-40 yard sprint and he holds his own. Give him a 10-15 yard sprint and he is a pace behind due to his initial slower acceleration. To say Topor is slow is a complete myth.

Acceleration = Poor
Speed = OK

sh10
29-06-2012, 12:29 PM
I'm pretty quick at top speed too, takes me a few minutes to get there though

Grunta
29-06-2012, 12:44 PM
Topper certainly made an impression in the box but he never really capitalized on his size from a scoring pov.

pv4
29-06-2012, 12:47 PM
this is what i'm talkin bout:

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii553/pv4zanewy/749503-sahso-petrovski.jpg

Jeterpool
29-06-2012, 12:50 PM
Acceleration = Poor
Speed = OK

Putting it succinctly, this is what I was going for.

I swear I read he topped the sprint speed trials or something. Probably wrong with that, but it's what I based the post on.

I had a feeling Topor was starting to sort himself out on corners and set pieces too. It's always good to have a big guy in there to mix it up and I thought he offered more than Tiago in that respect.

Can't comment on Mitchell so will reserve judgement.

Bon
29-06-2012, 12:56 PM
Putting it succinctly, this is what I was going for.

I swear I read he topped the sprint speed trials or something. Probably wrong with that, but it's what I based the post on.

I had a feeling Topor was starting to sort himself out on corners and set pieces too. It's always good to have a big guy in there to mix it up and I thought he offered more than Tiago in that respect.

Can't comment on Mitchell so will reserve judgement.

Yeah, when you all put it that way, my comments may have come across a little harsh.. You are right, its just his initial acceleration and he certainly does have a presence in the box, I guess I would just expect someone of his height to get on the end of more.. And he definitely offers more than Tiago from set pieces/corners (but I do love to see Tiago go for his runs up the field)..

GazFish35
29-06-2012, 01:16 PM
Mitchell + decent striker afforded by NTS leaving >>>> NTS staying.

Grimario
29-06-2012, 01:32 PM

This.

And seriously, what situation were we ever likely to see NTS get his 40 yard requirement to get to top speed? Say it is from the halfway line, that pretty much puts the opponent in the box and the time to accelerate to his top speed, NTS is already a long way behind.

I will take awesome 0 to 60 over top speed of 100 any day of the week.

MFKS
29-06-2012, 01:55 PM
I think your missing the point Grimario.

Attacker and Topor chase the ball. Topor can go with fast attacker once he gets into gear.

The Problem lies with his lack of initial acceleration means he is a step behind for the initial few yards. Topor can usually stay close enough over the distance which bails him out.

Topor goes alright over longer distances but can be exposed over shorter distances. These shorter distances are where he is most likely to be found wanting and will hurt the team more.

It is a weakness of his game to be exploited from time to time by opponents. He is a big boy after all and it takes Topor a couple of yards extra for him to get up to top speed compared to others

pv4
29-06-2012, 01:56 PM
i agree, sign griff.

Jeterpool
29-06-2012, 02:31 PM

I agree with you Gary

Grimario
29-06-2012, 03:01 PM
I think your missing the point Grimario.

Attacker and Topor chase the ball. Topor can go with fast attacker once he gets into gear.

The Problem lies with his lack of initial acceleration means he is a step behind for the initial few yards. Topor can usually stay close enough over the distance which bails him out.

Topor goes alright over longer distances but can be exposed over shorter distances. These shorter distances are where he is most likely to be found wanting and will hurt the team more.

It is a weakness of his game to be exploited from time to time by opponents. He is a big boy after all and it takes Topor a couple of yards extra for him to get up to top speed compared to others

Yeah... I don't think I missed that point at all.

true waterboy
02-07-2012, 05:15 PM
The Newcastle Jets have today signed Swiss defender Dominik Ritter to a one-year contract.

I dont know how to quote articles so ill post the link http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Jets-sign-Swiss-defender/47946

Hamma12
02-07-2012, 05:17 PM
Jets sign Swiss defender

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Jets-sign-Swiss-defender/47946

The Newcastle Jets have today signed Swiss defender Dominik Ritter to a one-year contract.

Ritter has been playing for FC Winterthur since 2009/10. Prior to this, the 23 year-old came through the system at FC Basel, where he played in their Under 21’s team and then also for the first team squad.

“Dominik can play as fullback, which is his preferred position, or a left side stopper,” coach Gary van Egmond explains.

“He has a lot of pace, he will suit our style of play and we will have good competition for spots in the backs.

“He is at a good age to be coming here, he has his best years ahead of him and we look forward to welcoming him to Newcastle and having him at the Jets.”

Ritter will arrive in Newcastle later this week and meet his new teammates on Monday July 9.

"I am looking forward to arriving in Newcastle and settling in at the Jets,” Ritter said.

"It will be a great challenge to come for the Newcastle Jets in the A-League and I can't wait."

With Ritter’s signing, the Jets are getting closer to completing their squad for season 2012/13.

“Any positions we sign from here will be in the front-third,” van Egmond added.

sh10
02-07-2012, 05:47 PM
VikingJet will be pleased.

Tommyjet
02-07-2012, 05:57 PM
look forward to seeing him play in a trial, must of come recommended by someone dutchy trusts

militiamon
02-07-2012, 06:22 PM
Unexpected signing.

I'd be very interested to know what went on behind the scenes with this and what the reasoning is (not having a dig, just genuinely interested). He hasn't been trialling like just about every other signing, and his background doesn't quite scream "MUST SIGN". I thought the Korean player did very well the other night too, but this almost certainly rules him out now.

If I were to guess, I would say Gary thinks we need a backup/more depth with Goodwin at LB, but doesn't want to sign someone too expensive (Korean probably would have had a high price tag). This Swiss du comes recommended from some unknown, well-regarded source, he is probably cheap and worth the risk given the price.

q-money
02-07-2012, 06:38 PM
legit stole my haircut

02-07-2012, 06:42 PM
I thought it was the other end of the park we needed bolstering.

GazFish35
02-07-2012, 06:48 PM
Ljubo's been scouting Remo style!

parksey
02-07-2012, 06:53 PM
looks like a clean cut guy

Tommyjet
02-07-2012, 06:59 PM
Unexpected signing.

I'd be very interested to know what went on behind the scenes with this and what the reasoning is (not having a dig, just genuinely interested). He hasn't been trialling like just about every other signing, and his background doesn't quite scream "MUST SIGN". I thought the Korean player did very well the other night too, but this almost certainly rules him out now.

If I were to guess, I would say Gary thinks we need a backup/more depth with Goodwin at LB, but doesn't want to sign someone too expensive (Korean probably would have had a high price tag). This Swiss du comes recommended from some unknown, well-regarded source, he is probably cheap and worth the risk given the price.

korean is barely getting a run in indonesia, wasn't good enough plain and simple.

Tommyjet
02-07-2012, 07:01 PM
check him out on youtube. the first couple of tackles i saw him make remindind me of a left-footed zadkovich, which would please quite a few on here

The Dunster
02-07-2012, 08:19 PM
Ritter is managed by Goodsports Management - They also handle Jin-Hyung Song. So some connection there - unsure of the causation though.

Interestingly enough the European dream appears over for Song as he is now playing for JuJu in the K-League.

With respect to Dominik Ritter , he was out injured from 16/5/2010 to 7/1/2011. Nothing serious though - just a ruptured cruciate ligament. :rolleyes:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/dominik-ritter/profil/spieler_62338.html

q-money
02-07-2012, 09:12 PM
the only thing that the video confirmed is that the swiss second division is maybe one class above AA8

goaliepersempre
02-07-2012, 09:33 PM
I will give you some back home info soon, on Ritter :)
But yew Swiss flag coming out

parksey
02-07-2012, 09:47 PM
get ritter him already

militiamon
03-07-2012, 12:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhYS7svM7Ik

http://i.imgur.com/KeaUm.png

q-man's haircut, lol

Actually looks like a bulkier Jason Culina.

furns
03-07-2012, 12:22 AM
Hmmm could this mean the rumours that Tiago is also due to depart could be coming to fruition?

GazFish35
03-07-2012, 12:34 AM
Seems we all knew about this before some of his team mates.

If Tiago goes..... I reckon he might end up at western Sydney, like everyone else.

Jeterpool
03-07-2012, 07:24 AM
Dillon confirming Tiago is gone by omission in the Herald this morning.

Said Ritter "was the second confirmed overseas import on the Jets roster, joining Michael Bridges".

A cracking journalist like him would never be caught out not doing proper research!

pv4
03-07-2012, 07:38 AM
hope we don't let tiago go - i'm looking forward to him & josh mitchell playing alongside each other.

personally, after watching them a bit, i'd be thinking chapman is more ready for first team than regan. chapman just seems like more of a natural ball-player, and just seems to have the future-socceroo-class about him. i don't believe regan is the answer everyone thinks he is. but in saying i think chapman is more ready, i still would prefer tiago & mitchell at least for the majority of this season - nothing beats experience, especially in a team of young pups in front and around them.

GazFish35
03-07-2012, 08:01 AM
But can we play with ten men on a regular basis? And we get enough bad penalty decisions against us without having about 5 or 6 correct ones running around in centre defense.

Rocky
03-07-2012, 11:54 AM
I've been out of the loop for a bit, do we still have JC?

goaliepersempre
03-07-2012, 12:00 PM

def out of the loop...

um no..

goaliepersempre
03-07-2012, 12:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhYS7svM7Ik

http://i.imgur.com/KeaUm.png

q-man's haircut, lol

Actually looks like a bulkier Jason Culina.

Bier Curve :cool:

Syrup Curve :cool:

GazFish35
03-07-2012, 12:30 PM

Mario Jardel is no longer around either.

Rocky
03-07-2012, 12:35 PM
Mario Jardel is no longer around either.

Wait, what?? Why did we get rid of him? He had 1 bad season!

goaliepersempre
03-07-2012, 12:43 PM
Wait, what?? Why did we get rid of him? He had 1 bad season!

wouldnt even classify whatever it was he did as a season.

Rocky
03-07-2012, 12:51 PM
wouldnt even classify whatever it was he did as a season.
I thought he put in a very solid effort...to eat all the pies in Newcastle

OmeletteDuFromage
03-07-2012, 01:08 PM
Really hope we keep Tiago. Reckon theres alot to come from him.

boz-monaut
03-07-2012, 02:26 PM
I can't see the username Dolan without thinking I should change your avatar to:

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/003/549/1307920884001.jpg

parksey
03-07-2012, 02:31 PM
boz plz

pv4
03-07-2012, 02:31 PM
worst.meme.ever

militiamon
03-07-2012, 02:32 PM
I can't see the username Dolan without thinking I should change your avatar to:

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/003/549/1307920884001.jpg

Seconded

OmeletteDuFromage
03-07-2012, 07:45 PM
I took the liberty of doing so.

parksey
03-07-2012, 08:30 PM
we didn't say change your user name as well :rolleyes:

OmeletteDuFromage
03-07-2012, 10:04 PM
:cool:

Nah, just thought id change it back to what it was on the old forums. Funs over guys.

lil_masi
09-07-2012, 03:11 PM
With the strong chance Brown will play midfield, who is most likely to play in right position in a front 3?
Didnt Taggart play there v Magic? Apart from the goals how did he go? Thought he was more of a central striker before he came to newy.

pv4
09-07-2012, 03:16 PM
jerks v magic lineup:

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii553/pv4zanewy/451912_Newcastle_Jets.jpg

the top three swapped a lot - bridges came back to find the ball a heap so taggz & ryu filled in behind him a heap. light-haired-byun was forward heaps. brown kind of stayed to left/middle mid. kanta screened the whole time. rubez rocked the middle-right. the mids didn't play very wide - the wide backs did most of that work.

Jeterpool
09-07-2012, 05:35 PM
Taggart went off injured after 22 with a busted groin. Not sure how his recovery is going

Grimario
09-07-2012, 08:35 PM
Taggart went off injured after 22 with a busted groin. Not sure how his recovery is going

Newcastle Jets ‏@NewcastleJetsFC
@_Grimario Adam Taggart was on light duties at training this evening as he continues to recover from his groin strain #goJets

Jeterpool
12-07-2012, 08:18 AM
So, what do you all think our starting lineup will be for the first game will be based on the performances so far?

Jeterpool
12-07-2012, 08:18 AM
Newcastle Jets ‏@NewcastleJetsFC
@_Grimario Adam Taggart was on light duties at training this evening as he continues to recover from his groin strain #goJets

Thanks Grim.

pv4
12-07-2012, 08:21 AM
So, what do you all think our starting lineup will be for the first game will be based on the performances so far?

hard to judge seeing as though they're at least two signings away from being finished in the transfer market. plus it's the same every year - virgilli does something good in preseason but just can't man up to the big league, so i'm always hesitant to look too much into trials.

Jeterpool
25-07-2012, 07:46 AM
Today is the day guys!!

Let's all get ready to welcome our new International striker <insert name here>!

...:popcorn:

Marcus
25-07-2012, 08:16 AM
Maaaaaaaario "Burger King" Jardelllllllll*

* Or someone equally as bad.

25-07-2012, 08:26 AM
Any hints Jeterpool ?.

Jetmaster
25-07-2012, 08:28 AM
Not holding my breath - they said "within 48 hours"........on Saturday !

OmeletteDuFromage
25-07-2012, 09:43 AM
Today is the day guys!!

Let's all get ready to welcome our new International striker <insert name here>!

Not sure if srs?

If so, cannot wait.

Jeterpool
25-07-2012, 09:43 AM
Not holding my breath - they said "within 48 hours"........on Saturday !

Was it Saturday?! Ha ha...I thought it was Monday. So :popcorn: remains

Any hints Jeterpool ?.

No mate. Wouldn't have a clue.

Jeterpool
25-07-2012, 09:44 AM
Not sure if srs?

If so, cannot wait.

No mate, not serious. Was responding to GvE's statement that we hoped to be announcing the signing in the next 48 hours.

OmeletteDuFromage
25-07-2012, 10:22 AM
No mate, not serious. Was responding to GvE's statement that we hoped to be announcing the signing in the next 48 hours.

Thought so :lol:

furns
25-07-2012, 11:33 AM
key word - "hoped"

steve136
25-07-2012, 11:34 AM
Key words - "GvE's Statement" ...all talk, nothing will happen

MFKS
25-07-2012, 11:41 AM
Today is the day guys!!

So let me get this right

You assume we are signing a striker today on the basis of a quote in the Newy Herald??

The same paper who's journo's are not in the loop with the Jets??
The same paper who's journo's have pissed HSG off that Jets officials barely speak to??

I am curious to know what is Gardner's source for this bit of news and how reliable this source is considering how unhappy HSG are with the Herald I fail to believe that the peace pipe has been smoked and GVE is whispering in Dillon and Gardners ears all the gossip at Newy HQ

I also find it hard to believe a striker will be signed as diligently as a 48 hour deadline after our wonderful transfer history in the past.

I reckon this time next week we will still be waiting for this striker to be announced

goaliepersempre
25-07-2012, 11:48 AM
lol mkfs he was taking the piss... read other posts... wasnt serious. geesh

Jeterpool
25-07-2012, 11:50 AM
So let me get this right

You assume we are signing a striker today on the basis of a quote in the Newy Herald??

The same paper who's journo's are not in the loop with the Jets??
The same paper who's journo's have pissed HSG off that Jets officials barely speak to??

I am curious to know what is Gardner's source for this bit of news and how reliable this source is considering how unhappy HSG are with the Herald I fail to believe that the peace pipe has been smoked and GVE is whispering in Dillon and Gardners ears all the gossip at Newy HQ

I also find it hard to believe a striker will be signed as diligently as a 48 hour deadline after our wonderful transfer history in the past.

I reckon this time next week we will still be waiting for this striker to be announced

Sarcasm doesn't really come through unless you are talking to a person directly, hey. It doesn't carry too well through this medium.

maybe we need a sarcasm "smiley"

MFKS
25-07-2012, 11:57 AM
Wasn't sarcasm and I wasn't being critical of you

Just analyzing this situation and going through it bit by bit to sum up why I think this striker arrival is BS

pv4
25-07-2012, 12:03 PM
Sarcasm doesn't really come through unless you are talking to a person directly, hey. It doesn't carry too well through this medium.

maybe we need a sarcasm "smiley"

we had one in the old Foz but furnz can't find it again.

:gent:

Jeterpool
25-07-2012, 12:09 PM
I meant what I said was meant to be sarcasm, tongue in cheek

I'm as skeptical as you on this! :)

Marcus
25-07-2012, 01:52 PM
Bring back the :gent:!

or start using /sarcasm

Marcus
25-07-2012, 01:52 PM
Ps. also bring back the brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr one... loved it.

Bon
25-07-2012, 01:54 PM
Ps. also bring back the brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr one... loved it.

I second that.. The brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr one was used extensively in the ladies/photography/griffo threads..

snake
25-07-2012, 01:56 PM
bring back the griff

pv4
25-07-2012, 02:06 PM
bring back the :meagree:

snake
25-07-2012, 02:45 PM
bring back the old foz :ffs:

plague
25-07-2012, 03:36 PM
The Member giving it the big ones.
Love the passion.
Isn't Dillion in London? Hence out of respect Jets won't make any big announcements til he's back home to poo poo it.

pv4
25-07-2012, 04:22 PM
bring back the old foz :ffs:

:meagree: :griff: :lulzturtle: :gent:

Blackmac79
25-07-2012, 04:56 PM
Hearing more and more that we won't field a NYL this coming season.

I think it is probably bullshit since we are looking at putting another team in the NBN competition (U19's or something), and so not playing in the NYL would kinda be a step back from playing year round football.

GazFish35
25-07-2012, 05:37 PM
Wow

Pico
25-07-2012, 05:56 PM
Hearing more and more that we won't field a NYL this coming season.

I think it is probably bullshit since we are looking at putting another team in the NBN competition (U19's or something), and so not playing in the NYL would kinda be a step back from playing year round football.

From where?, cockerill's article in the SMH, it also said we wont be fielding a W-League team and that was sorted over a month ago.

De-Champ
25-07-2012, 07:04 PM
From where?, cockerill's article in the SMH, it also said we wont be fielding a W-League team and that was sorted over a month ago.

He Cockerill didn't say the jets would not be fielding a womens team. He said they had not committed to it yet. or words to that effect

furns
25-07-2012, 07:33 PM
:meagree: :griff: :lulzturtle: :gent:I couldnt find :gent:
I brought the :lulz: instead

Grimario
25-07-2012, 07:41 PM
I couldnt find :gent:
I brought the :lulz: instead

If this forum had rep, I would rep this post.

parksey
25-07-2012, 08:19 PM
http://www.newcastlefootball.net/forums/images/smilies/imported/blush.gif

http://www.newcastlefootball.net/forums/images/smilies/Untitled-1.gif

furns
25-07-2012, 08:51 PM
first one is called blush
I will add gent in now

furns
25-07-2012, 08:54 PM
:gent:

q-money
25-07-2012, 09:20 PM
is :oops: around?

I'll add :wub: and :yap: as when I get off this phone eh

parksey
26-07-2012, 12:12 AM
i posted the old oops on the last page, but i got it from another site.

Pico
26-07-2012, 07:06 AM
He Cockerill didn't say the jets would not be fielding a womens team. He said they had not committed to it yet. or words to that effect

I'd consider this a commitment, what more do they need to do?

A new coach has already be appointed for the comming season, surely that is proof enought that the women jets are confirmed.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Jets-confirm-continued-participation-in-WLeague/47439

http://www.theherald.com.au/news/local/sport/football-soccer/joey-peters-looks-to-mariners-job-after-jets-wleague-snub/2596135.aspx

http://www.northernnswfootball.com.au/News/index.php?id=10&tx_ttnews[year]=2012&tx_ttnews[month]=06&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=1508&cHash=b3e61b011c1741433c0b3a33a7f46143

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1109097/jets-confirm-w-league-participation

Marcus
26-07-2012, 08:49 AM
:gent: :lulzturtle:

De-Champ
26-07-2012, 09:53 AM
I'd consider this a commitment, what more do they need to do?

A new coach has already be appointed for the comming season, surely that is proof enought that the women jets are confirmed.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Jets-confirm-continued-participation-in-WLeague/47439

http://www.theherald.com.au/news/local/sport/football-soccer/joey-peters-looks-to-mariners-job-after-jets-wleague-snub/2596135.aspx

http://www.northernnswfootball.com.au/News/index.php?id=10&tx_ttnews[year]=2012&tx_ttnews[month]=06&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=1508&cHash=b3e61b011c1741433c0b3a33a7f46143

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1109097/jets-confirm-w-league-participation

HSG had committed for ten years, then pulled the plug after one/one and a half seasons.

snake
26-07-2012, 10:16 AM
petec needs to get onto the :meagree: and :hutchosadface: emoticons :ffs:

hawk - do you still have that gif of slobsy's dad?

furns
26-07-2012, 11:35 AM
i posted the old oops on the last page, but i got it from another site.
oops i had labelled as blush
I can change it if needs be

parksey
26-07-2012, 12:32 PM
http://www.newcastlefootball.net/forums/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif

snake
26-07-2012, 12:37 PM
oops i had labelled as blush
I can change it if needs be

:oops:

Retro Jet
26-07-2012, 04:56 PM
:gent: :lulzturtle:

And I came to the thread this arvo looking for news on new players.
GvE signing emicons isn't too far removed from some of the JOKES we've signed in the past anyway....

q-money
26-07-2012, 05:08 PM

i kind of like this

militiamon
26-07-2012, 10:01 PM
http://i2.ifrm.com/16105/18/emo/sword_duel.gif

MFKS
27-07-2012, 01:16 AM

OmeletteDuFromage
28-07-2012, 10:48 PM
So no news on this new striker as yet?

militiamon
29-07-2012, 12:39 AM
So no news on this new striker as yet?

http://i2.ifrm.com/16105/18/emo/griff1.jpg

Jeterpool
29-07-2012, 07:28 AM
Longest 48 hours ever...

ToddG NBUnited
29-07-2012, 08:10 AM
Longest 48 hours ever... atleast we aren't waiting 6-8 weeks!!!

hawk
29-07-2012, 10:08 AM

crap, i may have...

The Dunster
29-07-2012, 10:13 AM
Shevchenko has announced his retirement from football to pursue a career in politics.

If he signed for the Jets he'd get more than enough politics.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19028757

GazFish35
29-07-2012, 01:30 PM
And not much football.

vikingjet
03-08-2012, 03:06 PM
Shevchenko has announced his retirement from football to pursue a career in politics.

If he signed for the Jets he'd get more than enough politics.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19028757

Running for Mayor of Newcastle.

Still available for a squad position.

Shev!

Marcus
04-08-2012, 02:58 PM
http://eurorivals.net/transfer-rumours/karim-ziani-to-newcastle-jets.html

????

Thomas477
04-08-2012, 04:36 PM

????

Doubt it, signed a 3yr contract in 2011.

Mind you, he sounds pretty good. 13 assists isn't bad, and he's played a fair few games at international level. If we get him, would be fairly excited to see how he goes. Good age as well.

foti68
04-08-2012, 04:59 PM
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/ribeiro/profil/spieler_189608.html
This guy is the Jets new signing apparentenly he will be signed by monday.

namwob99
04-08-2012, 05:22 PM
Source?

Newcastle Jets
04-08-2012, 05:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5Ri5e3IXf4

Holy ****, he even has a name above his head.

PES-level shit.

And Pirates of the Caribbean music, lol.

Edit: If he spends as much time on the training ground as he does watching Sony Vegas tutorials on youtube I think it's safe to say he will walk this league. Glad I signed him.

Thomas477
04-08-2012, 06:10 PM

Holy ****, he even has a name above his head.

PES-level shit.

And Pirates of the Caribbean music, lol.

Edit: If he spends as much time on the training ground as he does watching Sony Vegas tutorials on youtube I think it's safe to say he will walk this league. Glad I signed him.

:what:

Previous post seemed serious, this not quite sure.....

Jets
04-08-2012, 06:17 PM
:what:

Previous post seemed serious, this not quite sure.....

I can officially confirm that this is our guy.

I think.

furns
04-08-2012, 07:53 PM
stop registering bollocks users and posting shit rumours ffs

OmeletteDuFromage
04-08-2012, 09:15 PM

????

http://eurorivals.net/transfer-rumours/Messi-to-newcastle-jets.html

Thomas477
04-08-2012, 09:59 PM
http://eurorivals.net/transfer-rumours/Messi-to-newcastle-jets.html

Seems legit.

OmeletteDuFromage
04-08-2012, 10:12 PM
See, its easy to make up bullshit links.

boz-monaut
04-08-2012, 10:23 PM
www.omlettledufromage-to-jets.com (www.lemonparty.org)

westjet
04-08-2012, 11:14 PM
Only allowed to play if he as his name above him at all times - do a deal with fox. Makes me think I'm playing fifa 12 and I've taken the jets to heaps of premierships with that!

parksey
05-08-2012, 03:04 AM
www.lemonparty.org

OmeletteDuFromage
05-08-2012, 09:49 AM
www.omlettledufromage-to-jets.com (www.lemonparty.org)

Serious? When you think he'll be announced? Personally I dont think he'll be any good.

Hamma12
05-08-2012, 10:26 AM
www.lemonparty.org (http://www.lemonparty.org)

The birthday boy with another gaylord comment

Tommyjet
05-08-2012, 10:57 AM
I can't get my head around this karim ziani link, he's in the 1st year or so of a 3yr contract at a Qatari club and would be on decent coin and all of a sudden he's able to fit under our cap. We must have some serious coin left to use. If we do sign him I personally see him filling a broich type playmaking roving roll from one of the wide front three posys. That would probaly mean brown back into the mids, which I'd be happy to see as a think he has that all- round skill we need there. Just don't wanna see r griff on the right side. Just doesn't do it for me there

Marcus
06-08-2012, 09:11 AM
:lol:

Grimario
06-08-2012, 12:56 PM
From the Jets Insider email

JETS SIGN BRAZILIAN ATTACKING MIDFIELDER
The Hunter Ports Newcastle Jets have signed Brazilian attacking midfielder Bernardo Ribeiro.

The 22-year-old, who also holds an Italian passport, is a product of the famed youth system of Brazilian giants Flamengo and has also spent time with Italian Serie A Club Catania.

Ribeiro was most recently with Albanian side Skënderbeu Korçë where he played in UEFA Champions League qualifying matches and was a key member of their team that won the 2011/12 Albanian Superliga title.

Newcastle Jets head coach Gary van Egmond said he was very pleased to have secured the services of Ribeiro for the 2012/13 A-League season.

“His junior football was at Flamengo and he’s obviously been really well schooled over there,” van Egmond said

“He was at Catania for six months and it was only because of a couple of issues with his work permit that he wasn’t able to play much there.

“He’ll get a good part of the pre-season with us which is excellent for him to have a chance to see how we do things and for us to see how we can best utilise him.

“All our discussions with Bernardo have been very positive and he is an ambitious player who is coming here with exactly the right mentality.”

Van Egmond said Ribeiro would help give the Jets a creative spark in the attacking third of the pitch.

“He’s able to beat people in a one-on-one in the middle of the park or in a wide area and he definitely has a point of difference,” van Egmond said.

“He’s exactly what we were looking for to add to what we have already as far as our squad is concerned.”

Jets CEO Robbie Middleby agreed with van Egmond's sentiments, saying he was excited to see Ribeiro representing the Newcastle Jets this coming season.

Ribeiro is expected to arrive in Australia later this week, before linking up with the rest of the Newcastle Jets squad as they continue to prepare for the start of the 2012/13 A-League season.

BERNARDO RIBEIRO

Full name: Bernardo Salim Ribeiro
Date of birth: October 9, 1989 (Age 22)
Place of birth: Nova Friburgo Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Position: Attacking midfielder

Playing history

1999-2010: Flamengo (Brazil) - Youth, Reserves and First team member
2011: Catania (Italy)
2011-12: Skënderbeu (Albania)

Marcus
06-08-2012, 01:10 PM
Now sign a striker.

pv4
06-08-2012, 01:15 PM
Now sign griff.

:cool:

Marcus
06-08-2012, 01:16 PM
I was totes going to edit it... thanks for the pick up.

BodyNovo
06-08-2012, 01:18 PM
i think this exaclty what we needed. by the looks of that video he is a very good passer of the ball and his final ball seems to always be the right one (while not always working) which has been our one of our problems from our trial games and i would say is the main reason why we haven't beaten teams by even more goals.

he has come through the right youth system thats for sure.

good luck to him.

Jetmaster
06-08-2012, 01:24 PM
You can't be too negative about this - young Brazilian AM who has the right background, no injuries, keen to impress.

Of course there will be the "who is he - where's the big name ?" people out there, but Fred, Carlos, Flores et all were no names too.

Just that one striker away from having a very tidy preseason.

russjaybee
06-08-2012, 01:29 PM
Hopefully this bloke will be able to feed a whole tonne of chances to ryu et al.

parksey
06-08-2012, 01:32 PM
promising.

hauss
06-08-2012, 01:33 PM
Love the vision, fast decision making and passing range that the video shows. Bernardo looks like a very tidy signing.

Not a lot of goals on display but hopefully he will develop that ability in the A-League.

Grimario
06-08-2012, 01:34 PM
Still a team of young kids though. You don't win things with kids!

pv4
06-08-2012, 01:36 PM
Still a team of young kids though. You don't win things with kids!

tell that to the mighty ducks.

question: will we be filling both our marquee spots, as this guy is seemingly under the cap? am i assuming right that we have the visa spots & marquee spots available to sign both an australian marquee as well as an international big name?

Blackmac79
06-08-2012, 01:38 PM
Griff.

Blackmac79
06-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Riberio has a red card to his name in only 5 games for his albanian club. No stats for assists. only 1 Goal

russjaybee
06-08-2012, 01:43 PM
We wont make any more signings.

pv4
06-08-2012, 01:48 PM
We wont make any more signings.

until foti confirms it, i won't believe a single rumour/assumption about the jets ever again.

hauss
06-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Riberio has a red card to his name in only 5 games for his albanian club. No stats for assists. only 1 Goal

The Jets have a history of nurturing the loveable rogue back into form (Ljubo, Zadkid)

We have also looked like a laughing stock when giving them the cold shoulder (Jardel, Zura etc)

This one could go either way. His form as a junior certainly looks promising. I hope this guy fits in the Ljubo category. I can see him being a fan favourite if he comes good.

lil_masi
06-08-2012, 01:58 PM
In terms of experience, I was hoping for someone with alot more. Hopefully he is a real leader that can direct play. Not much info, so will just have to wait and see how he goes in Jets colors.

Do you guys reckon we'll play both Riberio and Brown in the midfield? Something like

-------------Jobe--------------
-------Riberio-------Brown
---R.Griff-----Striker-------Taggart

Grimario
06-08-2012, 02:00 PM

From soccerway? Not too sure how up to date that is... considering they have no prior club there either. And if he was playing CL games, you would imagine he was better than 5 games in the league.

Who knows though, but promising signing for mine.

Blackmac79
06-08-2012, 02:13 PM
From soccerway? Not too sure how up to date that is... considering they have no prior club there either. And if he was playing CL games, you would imagine he was better than 5 games in the league.

Who knows though, but promising signing for mine.

Transfermarkt.co.uk

Apparently he has only made 7 appearance total (including 2 champions league games which were late subs, for a total 43 minutes played) This seems consistent with his wikipedia article. The albanian club website doesn't seem to have information at all.

plague
06-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Can anyone confirm whether he is on crutches?
Or are we checking that stuff before signing nowadays?

foti68
06-08-2012, 02:28 PM

No Apology required.

russjaybee
06-08-2012, 02:52 PM
So was this bloke released from the Albanian club or did we buy him? Forgive me if I've missed something but according to wiki (yes i know) he signed a 4 year deal with them in June 2011.

foti68
06-08-2012, 03:03 PM
So was this bloke released from the Albanian club or did we buy him? Forgive me if I've missed something but according to wiki (yes i know) he signed a 4 year deal with them in June 2011.

Apparently he was unhappy in Albania and asked for a release, he was also being chased by two MLS clubs. Im not sure why he chose the Jets I havnt been able to get that info out of my source.

Marcus
06-08-2012, 03:03 PM
Ribeiro out.

furns
06-08-2012, 03:04 PM
No Apology required.
I wasnt referring to you mate, was talking to the bloke who registered Jets and Newcastle Jets multis ;)

lil_masi
06-08-2012, 03:07 PM
Apparently he was unhappy in Albania and asked for a release, he was also being chased by two MLS clubs. Im not sure why he chose the Jets I havnt been able to get that info out of my source.

Not surprised that he was unhappy in Albania, who wouldnt be!

Jeterpool
06-08-2012, 04:09 PM

Good call mate.

Credit where it is due! :grin:

Muswellbrookian
06-08-2012, 04:22 PM
Interesting signing, too early to pass judgement either way. The fact he's not a big name doesn't really bother me - and I don't really care if he's not a regular goalscorer, either. Regardless of how he turns out, I still think we're playing with fire if we don't sign a decent striker.

Newcastle Jets
06-08-2012, 06:43 PM

who's a shit rumour now furns?

any more insolence and i will prohibit you from interviewing our coaches in the future, BE WARNED

Jets
06-08-2012, 06:46 PM
who cares about his playing record, we signed him on the basis of his personal youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/celafrotte

take note of how hot his girlfriend is. also consider the marketability of a body such as this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jgVfHO6XT0

Tommyjet
06-08-2012, 06:49 PM
Not sure wat to expect from this signing, hope his is the exception to gve's recruiting history and that he turns out to be the stylish player we need. A top striker will make the difference to whether we are serious contenders this season. I know I'm getting way ahead of myself but it could potentially be mouthwatering squad in a couple of seasons if it's kept together and Bernardo sticks around.

furns
06-08-2012, 06:55 PM
who's a shit rumour now furns?

any more insolence and i will prohibit you from interviewing our coaches in the future, BE WARNEDlol

have a week off

stopper2
06-08-2012, 08:23 PM
who cares about his playing record, we signed him on the basis of his personal youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/celafrotte

take note of how hot his girlfriend is. also consider the marketability of a body such as this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jgVfHO6XT0

After watching this the answer is simple as to why he chose Newcastle and the Jets. Once the girlfriend found out that the A-League is played in the Summer and has some great beaches, she would have told him to get her out of this shithole in Albania and move to Newcastle. If you were 22 and had a hot girlfriend like that your answer would be a no-brainer!

ForeverRed
06-08-2012, 08:39 PM
After watching this the answer is simple as to why he chose Newcastle and the Jets. Once the girlfriend found out that the A-League is played in the Summer and has some great beaches, she would have told him to get her out of this shithole in Albania and move to Newcastle. If you were 22 and had a hot girlfriend like that your answer would be a no-brainer!

if thats his girlfriend and he brings her to newcastle he should be made captain

Grunta
07-08-2012, 06:44 AM
All I hope is that he is a hidden gem like Berischa was for the Roar

russjaybee
07-08-2012, 11:24 AM
She even volunteers to give head.

militiamon
07-08-2012, 11:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EtIpKePxK4

Mitchy, is this you?

pv4
07-08-2012, 11:34 AM
http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii553/pv4zanewy/rameiropic.png

this is the man chosen by gve to bring fear to defenders like pascal booschart, patrick zwaansvijk, ben sigmund, etc.

michael thwaite will probably look at this picture and think he's a chewtoy or something.

russjaybee
07-08-2012, 11:35 AM
He's got a touch of the Broich about him in a few of those shots, lets hope that follows him to the football pitch.

*FREE
07-08-2012, 11:42 AM
^ That's who it is, I was trying to think of who he looked like.

also pv4, obviously you didn't watch him in this video, mad skillz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhwnfHZo3UU

GazFish35
07-08-2012, 01:04 PM
is that fat dude maradona?

belchardo
07-08-2012, 08:30 PM
fat guy doesn't move around much, perfect replacement for jardel.

moses
08-08-2012, 07:57 AM
All I hope is that he is a hidden gem like Berischa was for the Roar

Shitney will steal the bloke if he is

pv4
09-08-2012, 07:45 AM
what are our actual squad numbers currently?

on the jets website (http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/players ) i count 24 and add one for ribeiro, but am i right in saying that peppz, ox, chapman & duncan aren't included in our squad list?

so am i right in saying our current squad count is 21, with 4 visa spots used (tiago, ritter, bridges & ribeiro) & the international + australian marquee spots still free? is the allowable visa spots in the league just 5, or is it 4+1asian (why is this rule stuck in my head?)?

leftrightout
09-08-2012, 07:57 AM
what are our actual squad numbers currently?

on the jets website (http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/players ) i count 24 and add one for ribeiro, but am i right in saying that peppz, ox, chapman & duncan aren't included in our squad list?

so am i right in saying our current squad count is 21, with 4 visa spots used (tiago, ritter, bridges & ribeiro) & the international + australian marquee spots still free? is the allowable visa spots in the league just 5, or is it 4+1asian (why is this rule stuck in my head?)?

Pretty sure the 4 + 1 rule is for asian champions league!

pv4
09-08-2012, 08:14 AM
a quick google leads me to believe it's 5 foreigners (any country) for the hal, and 3+1asian for the acl.

so if we make the acl next year (which is the absolute minimum achievement i'm holding gve responsible for this season), regardless of if our international marquee is asian or not - bridges is staying home.

imo we should just be using the 3+1 rule, just like the acl, so there's no headaches when it comes to squad selection for the acl. is there any real reason we don't use it?

Grimario
09-08-2012, 08:51 AM
a quick google leads me to believe it's 5 foreigners (any country) for the hal, and 3+1asian for the acl.

so if we make the acl next year (which is the absolute minimum achievement i'm holding gve responsible for this season), regardless of if our international marquee is asian or not - bridges is staying home.

imo we should just be using the 3+1 rule, just like the acl, so there's no headaches when it comes to squad selection for the acl. is there any real reason we don't use it?

Not enough quality Aus players to fill the squads? NFI, really. There was talk in the last CBA by the PFA to make it 4 Fgn players, wasn't there?

lil_masi
09-08-2012, 09:00 AM
We currently have 22 in our squad.

pv4
09-08-2012, 09:12 AM
We currently have 22 in our squad.

who is the 22nd?

1. bk (gk)
2. biraz (gk)
3. goodwin
4. neville
5. ritter (fgn)
6. tiago (fgn)
7. regan
8. gallaway (boo)
9. mitchell
10. rubez :cool:
11. cooper
12. brillante
13. brown
14. kanta
15. jobe
16. bridges (fgn)
17. jesic
18. taggart
19. virgilli
20. ryugriff
21. ribeiro (fgn)

what i believe is "internships":
1. chapman
2. peppz
3. ox
4. duncan (gk)

plague
09-08-2012, 09:19 AM
who is the 22nd?
)

Joel Griffiths.

He never left, just having a holiday in China.

Back in 6-8 weeks apparently.

lil_masi
09-08-2012, 09:49 AM
who is the 22nd?

1. bk (gk)
2. biraz (gk)
3. goodwin
4. neville
5. ritter (fgn)
6. tiago (fgn)
7. regan
8. gallaway (boo)
9. mitchell
10. rubez :cool:
11. cooper
12. brillante
13. brown
14. kanta
15. jobe
16. bridges (fgn)
17. jesic
18. taggart
19. virgilli
20. ryugriff
21. ribeiro (fgn)

what i believe is "internships":
1. chapman
2. peppz
3. ox
4. duncan (gk)

Pepps is on a senior contract. Thats 22. So if we get a foreign striker that'll be 23 and full squad. Get rid of Galloway to make room for Griff!

Pico
09-08-2012, 01:53 PM
What about the 3 youth's on senior min wage contracts which fall outside the cap, I believe they also count as youth players as far as squad limits go.

Pretty sure ox was signed to a youth deal & i think Peppz & chapman are two of the three senior min wage deals. Could Gallaway be the third signed under branko or is that duncan?

pv4
09-08-2012, 02:04 PM
i know virgilli & gallaway got FULL contracts right at the end of that season when branko went nuts with crazy contracts.

pv4
09-08-2012, 02:06 PM
Pepps is on a senior contract. Thats 22. So if we get a foreign striker that'll be 23 and full squad. Get rid of Galloway to make room for Griff!

wasn't sure if he was on a youth one still - it clears it all up if he is on a senior contract.

clear out jesic & gallaway & we could probably afford griff under the cap, with the amount branko put jesic on!

goaliepersempre
09-08-2012, 02:29 PM
with the amount branko put jesic on!

:banghead:

seldom
10-08-2012, 01:09 PM
clear out jesic & gallaway & we could probably afford griff under the cap, with the amount branko put jesic on!

this

Blackmac79
10-08-2012, 05:14 PM
if we had griff that would be a damn good squad.

minus the dead wood contracts of jesuckadickic and hangmeinthegallowway

I am so drunk right now...

parksey
11-08-2012, 11:13 AM
http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/4021/a-league/2012/08/09/3295816/patience-a-virtue-as-richard-cardozo-seeks-a-league-stamp-of

sign him up.

Jetmaster
11-08-2012, 01:29 PM
Already trialled him a year or two back and he was poo.

Blackmac79
13-08-2012, 10:00 AM
Can we have griff yet?

Bon
13-08-2012, 10:02 AM
I actually dreamt last night that the Jets were announcing that we had signed Johan Cruyff.. hahahaha..

Marcus
13-08-2012, 11:26 AM
Lol. Was this after some sort of sunday session?

Bon
13-08-2012, 11:31 AM
Lol. Was this after some sort of sunday session?

Something like that.. I had had a few Captain Morgans, tokes and pseudoepho cold/flu tablets.. haha..
So perhaps that had something to do with it. BUT in a way, he does fit in with our previous requirements for a "Jardel" type marquee..

Marcus
14-08-2012, 08:11 AM
That explains a lot :grin:

pistolpete
15-08-2012, 06:48 PM

Me agree

pv4
06-09-2012, 06:42 AM
young socceroos beat vietnam 4-0 in that under 19 tournament they're at. jets squad news:

- taggart came on as 65min sub & scored in the 83rd min. from reports, sounded like a poachers goal.
- chapman & cooper were unused subs, but there had been 9 changes in the squad as they play 4 games in 8 days.

halo se7en
06-09-2012, 06:51 AM
Any idea who the Italian striker is mentioned in yesterday's Herald article?

pv4
06-09-2012, 07:03 AM
i think he just signed for sydney fc

Jetmaster
06-09-2012, 08:38 AM
You would think that whoever the Italian striker is - he will now be falling over himself to play in the same comp as ADP !

true waterboy
07-09-2012, 02:48 PM
Jets confirm playing numbers Friday, 7 September 2012 2:50 PM

The Hunter Ports Newcastle Jets have announced the jersey numbers of the Club’s contracted players for the 2012/13 A-League season.

Players have been allocated numbers that traditionally correspond with their playing position.

New recruits Scott Neville (2), Josh Mitchell (4), Dominik Ritter (5), James Brown (7), Bernardo Ribeiro (10), Joshua Brillante (12), Craig Goodwin (15), Mark Birighitti (20), Adam Taggart (22) and Mitchell Cooper (25) have all been assigned their jersey numbers for the coming season.

Squad members from last season who have changed numbers include Ryan Griffiths, who has switched from number 23 to number 11, Ruben Zadkovich (number 10 to 8), Tiago Calvano (number 5 to 3) and Taylor Regan (number 2 to 14).

Jobe Wheelhouse (number 12 to 16), Jacob Pepper (number 25 to 18) and Michael Bridges (number 9 to 19) have also changed.

Newcastle Jets playing numbers 2012/13:
1) Ben Kennedy – Goalkeeper
2) Scott Neville – Defender
3) Tiago Calvano – Defender
4) Josh Mitchell – Defender
5) Dominik Ritter - Defender
6) Ben Kantarovski – Midfielder
7) James Brown – Midfielder
8) Ruben Zadkovich – Midfielder
9) Unallocated
10) Bernardo Ribeiro – Midfielder
11) Ryan Griffiths – Forward
12) Joshua Brillante – Midfielder
13) Sam Gallaway – Defender
14) Taylor Regan – Defender
15) Craig Goodwin – Defender
16) Jobe Wheelhouse – Midfielder
17) James Virgili – Forward
18) Jacob Pepper – Midfielder
19) Michael Bridges – Forward
20) Mark Birighitti – Goalkeeper
21) Marko Jesic – Forward
22) Adam Taggart – Forward
23) Connor Chapman – Defender
24) Mitchell Oxborrow – Midfielder
25) Mitch Cooper – Midfielder
30) Jack Duncan – Goalkeeper

MERCHANDISE UPDATE

All new player names and numbers will be available to add to your 2012/13 jersey in the coming weeks. Keep an eye out online to see when the new GOLD numbers will be on sale.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Jets-confirm-playing-numbers/48971
better get your number 25 shirt soon, they will sell out quick.
cooper troopers represent

Jeterpool
07-09-2012, 02:55 PM
Far out...Got Zadkovich 10 on the back of my shirt from last year. See Griff has changed too. Has Jobe as well?

Kind of annoying

true waterboy
07-09-2012, 03:02 PM
yeah jobe 12 to 16. bridges and pepper also changed.
i dont see why they would change jobes considering a number of kids would have 12 shirts and be dissapointed that it doesnt match anymore