PDA

View Full Version : EURO 2012 - Poland/Ukraine

Jeterpool
27-06-2012, 03:37 PM
So nearing the business end of the competition...

What have your thoughts been? Group A certainly threw up a surprise - thought Russia were certanties. Ireland were cannon fodder and did the Netherlands actually play this tournament?

Think it will be a Spain v Germany final and ze Germans will win it 1-0. Certainly not a high scoring tournament.

Interestingly, the 0-0 draw in the England match was the first scoreless 90 minute clash of the tournament!

pv4
27-06-2012, 03:47 PM
the games may not have been overly high scoring, but man there's been some beautiful goals.

the german goals v greece, zlatan v france, torres v robbie keane, wellbeck v sheva are the real standouts.

boz-monaut
27-06-2012, 03:52 PM
I'm getting rid of Setanta as soon as the semis are over - utterly shit to have to pay for such poor quality picture

and while it hasn't been the greatest football on show, it's still been entertaining and I'm enjoying the diversity of styles and tactics on show

q-money
27-06-2012, 05:37 PM
zlatan is like a beautiful pony :o

hawk
27-06-2012, 10:43 PM
I'm getting rid of Setanta as soon as the semis are over - utterly shit to have to pay for such poor quality picture

and while it hasn't been the greatest football on show, it's still been entertaining and I'm enjoying the diversity of styles and tactics on show

tstn has it all, french n German inc. I do miss the the topic shows though, santo ed and sam may have been good.

The spain french qf was the only bor fest i needed to fforward, Ireland came close 2nd.

plague
27-06-2012, 11:13 PM

Mrs Plague has pulled me up more than a few times as i grumbled about having to watch games in standard def.
Something about "first world problems".

I will say though, getting a months worth of Dietmar Hamanns majestic scouser/german accent has made for some fascinating 4am viewing.

Alas, see you in 4 years Setanta.............

parksey
27-06-2012, 11:20 PM
hamann's blinking near hypnotises me.

pv4
28-06-2012, 08:00 AM
zlatan's post-exit interview has the be the best.

interviewer - so what are your feelings now that sweden are out of the competition?
zlatan - i don't give a ****, i'm going on holidays.

Bremsstrahlung
28-06-2012, 11:29 AM
I was pretty disappointed with this morning's game.
First half I thought Spain controlled the game how you would expect, kept possession, kicked it around then they'd play a penetrating ball and knock it around quickly, then Negredo would lose it. He was honking. Only decent thing i can remember him doing was chasing a ball he lost, and slid tackling it into the path of Xavi (I think) or Iniesta...5am is a harsh time to remember little details. Portugal didn't do too badly, but only looked dangerous when CR had the ball.

Second half and first half of extra time was a boring affair. From a Portugal perspective, they probably could've won it. Much better second half as far as they are concerned.

It was only in the second half of extra time Spain started to show their class for extended periods, unlucky not to score. Alas penalties. Why Ronaldo wouldn't take one of the first few penalties is beyond me. He's arguably one of the best free-kick takers in the game and he didn't even take a spot kick in one of the biggest game for Portugal in the last few years. It's like J Griff not taking a penalty back in V2.

While on penalties, Portugal will probably consider themselves unlucky not to be given 2. 2 handballs, that were pretty obvious. I've certainly seen them given for less.

Overall. Im glad Spain won, I hope they play better football against Germany though. Surely Germany has to win their semi. Should be a top game if so.

Jetmaster
28-06-2012, 01:43 PM
The coverage from Setanta has been great, but I too, expect HD goodness for the big games.

Bye bye Setanta next week until the next big competition.

goaliepersempre
29-06-2012, 05:29 AM
Well there you go, favourite child nuer's technique doesnt hold up :)

Germany struggling with team connectivity. Players aren't working together. Whereas the Italians are very flexible and working very fluid together :)

Oh and setanta English commentators ffs, rubbish....

Oh and bring on reus, gotze and klose :)

goaliepersempre
29-06-2012, 05:34 AM
Oh and ballotelli :)

goaliepersempre
29-06-2012, 06:20 AM
And why gotze isn't playing beats be. It's the usual bayern effect.

Bon
29-06-2012, 08:26 AM
For FVCKS sake...
2-1 was a very flattering score for the Germans too.. Well, I'll be supporting Spain in the final now..

goaliepersempre
29-06-2012, 08:33 AM
Credit to Italy though they have been able to adapt there game style, very quickly.

I reckon they a pretty damn good chance to beat Spain.

As Spain like germany like to continually pass the ball around and move freelly. You saw how italy was allowed to smother that.

All though if Germany would have capitalised early in the game they had a few near chances the game could have turned ever way.

Retro Jet
29-06-2012, 08:33 AM
For FVCKS sake...
2-1 was a very flattering score for the Germans too.. Well, I'll be supporting Spain in the final now..

+10

Bon
29-06-2012, 09:02 AM
I guess its bitter, haunting memories of 2006 coming back, but I just cant bring myself to say anything positive about the Italian team..

boz-monaut
29-06-2012, 09:49 AM
I'm with Bon

Jeterpool
29-06-2012, 09:49 AM
Yep, I'm backing Spain too.

Don't know, I can't get excited about this match...

parksey
29-06-2012, 10:58 AM
i'm going for italy

pv4
29-06-2012, 11:05 AM
i'm cheering for a biff between ramos & pique, but mostly i just want to see balotelli carve & cause a riot somehow, plus offend millions of people with some random action.

Bon
29-06-2012, 11:10 AM
Balotelli.. I can't work out if I love him or hate him...

+1 - Can score goals.
-1 - Often can't score goals.
-1 - Burns his own house down with fireworks.
-1 - Has major issues putting on a training bib and eventually needs assistance getting it on.
-1 - Is Italian and rivals Cristiano "Sooky Pants" Ronaldo in petulance..
+1 - Allegedly dresses up in a Santa Suit and drives around Manchester in his Lambourghini throwing out euros..
+1 - Has an insanely hot Mrs.
+1 - Gets stuck in to Joey Barton and tells him where to go.

I just can't work out if he is stupidly arrogant, or arrogantly stupid.

pv4
29-06-2012, 11:14 AM
-1 - Burns his own house down with fireworks.

this is a minus nowadays?

Bon
29-06-2012, 11:15 AM
this is a minus nowadays?

I had to even out the plusses..
Its a slow day at work.. :D

parksey
29-06-2012, 01:09 PM
I dare say Italy has played the best football in the tournament, at least the most entertaining football. Tactically they're brilliant which they showed this morning against a great Germany team and against Spain in the group stages where they pretty much out-played them. Spain play brilliant football but it's ****ing boring unless they're chasing a goal which they might have to do if Balotelli has another top game.

Forza Italia.

Bremsstrahlung
29-06-2012, 06:14 PM
Spain play brilliant football but it's ****ing boring unless they're chasing a goal

This.

plague
29-06-2012, 06:43 PM
Don't care who wins, with so many awesome players on show I just want to see them all go at it.
Massively impressed with Italy though. 2006 was a long time ago lads, time to move on.

q-money
29-06-2012, 09:28 PM
italy are playing brilliant football, juve backs putting in the hard yards, pirlo in the zone, balo stepping up, cassano playing that second striker role like a boss

really good tournament, so much better than the abortion that was the last world cup

GazFish35
29-06-2012, 10:09 PM
Would love di natale To score the winner.

hawk
29-06-2012, 10:17 PM
omg, Brunos were going the long ball.

militiamon
02-07-2012, 10:34 AM
sup Parksey

pv4
03-07-2012, 09:18 AM
UEFA's 23-man squad of the tournament:

Goalkeepers: Buffon (Ita), Casillas (Spa), Neuer (Ger).

Defenders: Pique (Spa), Coentrao (Por), Lahm (Ger), Pepe (Por), Ramos (Spa), Alba (Spa).

Midfielders: De Rossi (Ita), Gerrard (Eng), Xavi (Spa), Iniesta (Spa), Khedira (Ger), Busquets (Spa), Ozil (Ger), Pirlo (Ita), Xabi Alonso (Spa).

Forwards: Balotelli (Ita), Fabregas (Spa), Ronaldo (Por), Ibrahimovic (Swe), Silva (Spa).

balo <3

surprised hummels isn't in there - man did he have a great tournament

goaliepersempre
03-07-2012, 09:29 AM

Defenders: Pique (Spa), Coentrao (Por), Lahm (Ger), Pepe (Por), Ramos (Spa), Alba (Spa).

Midfielders: De Rossi (Ita), Gerrard (Eng), Xavi (Spa), Iniesta (Spa), Khedira (Ger), Busquets (Spa), Ozil (Ger), Pirlo (Ita), Xabi Alonso (Spa).

Forwards: Balotelli (Ita), Fabregas (Spa), Ronaldo (Por), Ibrahimovic (Swe), Silva (Spa).

balo <3

conspiracy.....

parksey
03-07-2012, 10:48 AM
sup Parksey

great time for you to head to spain

hawk
03-07-2012, 01:34 PM
Great final until hammy madness. Spain best, ital great then daylight.

GazFish35
03-07-2012, 03:39 PM
Headline should read "Barca win without Messi"

Jeterpool
03-07-2012, 04:30 PM

balo <3

Golden shoe winner omitted too

sh10
03-07-2012, 04:56 PM
lol @ Manure's representatives

hawk
04-07-2012, 01:09 AM
rip euros back to Id's

pv4
04-07-2012, 07:03 AM
Golden shoe winner omitted too

golden shoe :lulz:

but yep, both gomez & torrez missed out on the team, and gomez actually played some games.

Jeterpool
04-07-2012, 08:04 AM
golden shoe :lulz:

but yep, both gomez & torrez missed out on the team, and gomez actually played some games.

Last time I listen to my mate. He said it was Golden Shoe because the Boot was for the World Cup...

I'll do my research next time...

Golden BOOT winner omitted from the team :)