PDA

View Full Version : 2013 State Cup

Pages : [1] 2

namwob99
02-02-2013, 09:59 AM
Draws on YouTube. On phone so can't post link.

Cabaye#4
02-02-2013, 10:08 AM
http://youtu.be/WKS2LcIF8G0

boz-monaut
02-02-2013, 10:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKS2LcIF8G0

State League
Toronto Awaba v Broadmeadow Magic
Hamilton Olympic v Charlestown city blues
Western workers bears v Adamstown rosebud
Edgeworth eagles v singleton
Valentine v west Wallsend
Belmont Swansea v Thornton Redbacks
Maitland v South Cardiff
Cessnock Hornets v Lambton Jaffas
Lake Macquarie v Bye

Interdistrict
Charlestown City Blues v New Lambton Eagles
Bellbird Bombers v Muswellbrook
Westlakes Widcats v Stockton Shark
Wallsend FC v Dungog
Cardiff City v Toronto Awaba
Morisset v Nelsons Bay
Platsberg v Beresfield United
Warners Bay v Raymond Terrace
Mayfield z3 v Kotara South
Hamilton Olympic v Beresfield FC
Uni z2 v Dudley Redhead
Kahibah v Jesmond
Garden Suburb v Simba
Belmont Tingara v Swansea FC
Tenambit Sharks v Cooks Hill Z3
Barnsley v Newcastle Suns
Mayfield United v Medowie
Merewether Advance v Cooks Hill United ZPL
Uni ZL v Kurri Kurri

Imyourhero
02-02-2013, 03:52 PM
Not many big matches for state league clubs, all pretty straight forward winners however football is a magical thing!

Zico
02-02-2013, 05:07 PM
I still think it's a silly way to do a draw. Look at Liverpool through the week getting rolled by a 3rd tier side. Isn't that what makes the cup so special?

EH9
02-02-2013, 07:15 PM
I still think it's a silly way to do a draw. Look at Liverpool through the week getting rolled by a 3rd tier side. Isn't that what makes the cup so special?

Couldn't agree more! Wouldn't a Barnsley, Cooks Hill, Kotara South etc prefer to play a Broadmeadow Magic and test themselves than play another team from their own league? Maybe to make it more lucrastive they could run the gate at the NBN or NEW FM teams ground and keep the takings. That way they get some incentive to bring a crowd in and the host club doesn't loce out as they can keep the canteen money.

namwob99
02-02-2013, 07:52 PM
Charging to get into the State Cup is a disgrace!!

EH9
02-02-2013, 08:05 PM

Was just an idea.

CCB
02-02-2013, 08:37 PM
Any word on venues or dates yet??

boz-monaut
02-02-2013, 08:40 PM
according to the email from NNSW - it'll be emailed "early next week"

namwob99
02-02-2013, 09:02 PM
Was just an idea.
Sorry mate. Wasn't attacking ya. I just remember goin up to a NEWFM sides ground and got charged $5 to watch their ressies play a ZL1 side, and a ZPL ressies vs NBN 19's. I couldn't believe it when they asked for money.

Imyourhero
02-02-2013, 09:16 PM
Why would people pay to watch an nbn vs zl3 when they could watch nbn vs nbn/newfm for free?

pv4
03-02-2013, 10:10 AM
when are they going back to a proper draw (any team vs any team)?

this current draw is ridiculous. another trial game against a team in my same comp, or pretty close to it? where do I pay?!?!?!

Buddha
03-02-2013, 10:20 AM
Since when have Northern done anything the proper way? Come on guiiiiz

boz-monaut
03-02-2013, 10:27 AM
since they consulted with the clubs and came up with this system - they have to have separate draws for the northern regions and so the NBN/New FM can use it as a pre-season warm up

don't like it, then talk to your club about it - don't just whinge on here

Imyourhero
03-02-2013, 10:39 AM
Playing a team 4 divisions down would be much more of a "trial" match warm up. Games have much more competition the way it is.
The two sub pools eventually meet at one point in time anyways dont they??

boz-monaut
03-02-2013, 10:44 AM
yes, in Coffs Harbour for the finals

quarter and semi finals on 14 July

Final on 15 July

Zico
03-02-2013, 02:24 PM
since they consulted with the clubs and came up with this system - they have to have separate draws for the northern regions and so the NBN/New FM can use it as a pre-season warm up

don't like it, then talk to your club about it - don't just whinge on here
People have and are allowed their opinions though. Take a bex and lay down Boz lol

Imyourhero
03-02-2013, 05:10 PM
So what games are we all interested in watching?

boz-monaut
03-02-2013, 06:12 PM
the Bar Beach derby between Cooks Hill and Merewether Advance should be good

Bulldogs 1962
03-02-2013, 06:19 PM
So what games are we all interested in watching?

the obviously keen on watching the bulldogs get a win up over the suns. but the local derby between belmont and swansea should have a bit of fire in it, bit of a battle over the bridge

Buddha
03-02-2013, 06:35 PM
I'll be interested to see Warners Bay v Terrace, not because im from the Terrace but purely to see if the ZPL hopefuls (terrace) can give it a decent run against the ZPL champions

boz-monaut
03-02-2013, 07:16 PM
Terrace aren't playing the ZPL champions, Merewether Advance are

supa
03-02-2013, 07:30 PM
I'll be interested to see Warners Bay v Terrace, not because im from the Terrace but purely to see if the ZPL hopefuls (terrace) can give it a decent run against the ZPL champions

didn't the terrace only just get promoted to zone league one?

Bulldogs 1962
03-02-2013, 07:35 PM
Terrace aren't playing the ZPL champions, Merewether Advance are

Warners bay are the ZPL premiers so I would say there the real champions, not just grand final winners

Buddha
03-02-2013, 07:40 PM
my mistake, keep thinking Warners Bay were champions :/ and by hopefuls i mean that they hope to get promoted next year as well.

cobra23
04-02-2013, 08:32 AM
I think the Olympic vs charlestown game would be match of the nbn/newfm draw.

Swanky
04-02-2013, 08:49 AM
Interdistrict

Which Beresfield team is the New team and which is Bersfield Seniors

Mitchy
04-02-2013, 08:51 AM
Which Beresfield team is the New team and which is Bersfield Seniors

Beresfield United is the Senior club

Beresfield Fc is the team playing under the Junior club banner.

boz-monaut
04-02-2013, 08:55 AM
Warners bay are the ZPL premiers so I would say there the real champions, not just grand final winners
go back to Gosford

Swanky
04-02-2013, 09:10 AM
Beresfield United is the Senior club

Beresfield Fc is the team playing under the Junior club banner.

Thanks

Bulldogs 1962
04-02-2013, 02:53 PM
go back to Gosford

How bout you go back to America only place in the world were your not the best team in the league but are seen as champions. All the greatest football leagues in the world are decided by just the points table not a money making scheme. And why Gosford the a league is shot house down there to

boz-monaut
04-02-2013, 03:20 PM
if the grammatical errors weren't enough, the missing words seem to prevent anything said from being taken seriously

boz-monaut
04-02-2013, 03:28 PM
back to the State Cup - email just sent around by Newcastle Football asking teams who haven't nominated to do so immediately

weird, given the draw has already taken place

Bulldogs 1962
04-02-2013, 03:32 PM
if the grammatical errors weren't enough, the missing words seem to prevent anything said from being taken seriously

Good choice, you realise you've got no argument against mine so your start to just point out punctuation instead of actually saying something valid. You know I'm right that a grand final is seen as minor in every country except America.

Bulldogs 1962
04-02-2013, 03:35 PM
And if a grand final makes you the champions why don't we promote that team. And why do the association give out trophies at the end of the season one says grand final winner and the other says premiers.

Bon
04-02-2013, 03:38 PM
:popcorn:

boz-monaut
04-02-2013, 03:47 PM
wow this old chestnut - in Australia, the grand final winners are referred to as champions, the minor premiers are referred to as premiers

we are in Australia

any further discussions on the matter will be removed - stay on the topic or go start a new thread about this rubbish

Bulldogs 1962
04-02-2013, 04:10 PM
wow this old chestnut - in Australia, the grand final winners are referred to as champions, the minor premiers are referred to as premiers

we are in Australia

any further discussions on the matter will be removed - stay on the topic or go start a new thread about this rubbish

Haha righto mate, whatever

demon
04-02-2013, 04:46 PM

I remember Wallsend hosting in 2011 and playing Magic and charged people to watch then when it was changed to them hosting only Assoc sides they did not charge which I thought was fair enough.

Assoc games no one should be paying no matter what the venue.

demon
04-02-2013, 04:49 PM
back to the State Cup - email just sent around by Newcastle Football asking teams who haven't nominated to do so immediately

They might be short on venues this early and hoping another club or two will put their hand up.

Youaskedforit
04-02-2013, 08:58 PM
Magic v stags would be one to watch

What comp is Cardiff city in ? And isn't there a forum regular closely associated with Cardiff ?

frankiechav
04-02-2013, 11:17 PM
Funny how you didn't see the teams come out of the bucket!! You would have thought that there may be a few more NBN match-ups. I think it should be an open draw for all those involved and actually allow teams to have a home advantage. What is the reason behind having a number of games at the same venue..?

Premy
05-02-2013, 07:33 AM
What is the reason behind having a number of games at the same venue..?

3 games one venue= 3 refs per venue

Mulitiple venues and days there is simply not enough refs.

oneeye
05-02-2013, 10:45 AM
3 games one venue= 3 refs per venue

Mulitiple venues and days there is simply not enough refs.

More like not enough venues as council grounds unavailable till April 1

boz-monaut
05-02-2013, 10:54 AM
anyone got any inside word on when the dates/venues will be released?

Pico
05-02-2013, 10:54 AM

Probably want to get an even draw and eliminate bye's and lucky losers etc.

Disappointed the jets youth didn't nominate for this, would have been good for their development as a team & for them to play in a pressure knock-out situation.

EH9
05-02-2013, 11:32 AM
Probably want to get an even draw and eliminate bye's and lucky losers etc.

Disappointed the jets youth didn't nominate for this, would have been good for their development as a team & for them to play in a pressure knock-out situation.

Don't think they eligible to play in that comp but agree would be interesting if they did.

Premy
05-02-2013, 12:41 PM
More like not enough venues as council grounds unavailable till April 1

So explain why they run several games at one venue throughout the whole comp. I was told its easier to get 3 refs to 3 games at the one venue rather than send 3 refs to one venue for one game.
Quick break down
12teams 6games 2venues 6refs
12teams 6games 6venues 18refs

mussfc
05-02-2013, 12:49 PM
So explain why they run several games at one venue throughout the whole comp. I was told its easier to get 3 refs to 3 games at the one venue rather than send 3 refs to one venue for one game.
Quick break down
Not disputing that as well.
It was offered this way to clubs to nominate to host and give a host club oppurtunity to make it a profitable day.

oneeye
05-02-2013, 12:51 PM
Quick break down

I dont think you would have a problem with refs when you can organise and use Junior Refs as well on these dates.

demon
05-02-2013, 01:43 PM
Not disputing that as well.
It was offered this way to clubs to nominate to host and give a host club oppurtunity to make it a profitable day.

It is as with most things a combination of factors.

Clubs willing to host games is a major factor, not a lot of clubs are willing to set up, take down, host full canteens etc for a single home game. Having been involved in a club hosting a first round last year it is a very profitable day if a club is willing (weather providing).

Referees, they want it to be an opening for them as well as teams for the coming season so they like to have a high a level of refs available at each ground possible. Less grounds means less refs needed meaning higher standards can be met all the way down the grades. And it gives Inspectors a chance to see multiple referees easily at one venue on a day.

Grounds - clubs aside there are still only so many grounds actually prepared and available for competition games for round one.
Remembering many lower div sides still rely on only Council prepared fields and don't have the volunteers or finances to pay for additional ground marking etc for a one off knockout game.

Paying Spectators - for those who do decide to charge people get the chance to arrive a bit early or stay after their own clubs game and see more football. Coaches and players from the higher divisions can be seen there watching any games of opponents as it is a rare chance to see opposition teams.

Northern - it is just easier for them to deal with a smaller number of host clubs when dealing with team sheets, instructions etc

namwob99
05-02-2013, 02:19 PM
I just wish the venues and dates etc will hurry up and get released...

boz-monaut
05-02-2013, 03:19 PM
same - we've got trial games to plan and possibly canteens and whatnot to organise

boz-monaut
05-02-2013, 03:40 PM
whoever is from Tenambit Sharks can you return phone calls to Northern, it's kind of holding up the draw process

WolfMan
05-02-2013, 04:53 PM
whoever is from Tenambit Sharks can you return phone calls to Northern, it's kind of holding up the draw process

Will pass it on to the relevant people. Cheers for the heads-up

sharky21
05-02-2013, 05:01 PM
What are we holding up? we have nominated and have been drawn so what's there for us to hold up??

boz-monaut
05-02-2013, 05:21 PM
it was just a question about hosting

well it's obviously been sorted because the draw is out

attempting to attach now, just have to change settings for upload size

sharky21
05-02-2013, 05:23 PM
it was just a question about hosting

well it's obviously been sorted because the draw is out
attempting to attach now, just have to change settings for upload size
ah sweet. so have they done a complete new draw??

boz-monaut
05-02-2013, 05:28 PM
yep

here's the other southern draw involving Interdistrict team

namwob99
05-02-2013, 06:30 PM
I'm guessing the Pasadena games is a typo. Meant to be 24/3/2013??

boz-monaut
05-02-2013, 07:42 PM
any team keen on a trial game on Saturday 23 March then?

Imyourhero
05-02-2013, 08:39 PM
Also guessing in the nbn/newfm file the top few dates of 9/3/13 are a day off the actual date?

Fridge
05-02-2013, 09:27 PM
any team keen on a trial game on Saturday 23 March then?
Suburbs might be.

pv4
05-02-2013, 09:53 PM
I don't get it. I thought 16/17 was round 1, and 23/24 was round 2? are both just taken for round 1, and round 2 is during the season sometime? so if you play on the 17th, you have the next weekend free?

boz-monaut
05-02-2013, 10:09 PM
yes, that is correct

Round 2 Wednesday 3rd April

Round 3 Wednesday 1st May

Round 4 Wednesday 29 May

Round 5 Wednesday 19th June

RANGER09
05-02-2013, 10:16 PM
yep

here's the other southern draw involving Interdistrict team

Hope that is a typo for the 11.30 game :) 11.30pm is a bit late for kick off!

shark attack
07-02-2013, 09:37 AM
looks there will be a redraw or another bye in the state cup , medowie have folded from zone league 2. there will be no seniors playing at medowie at all.

RANGER09
07-02-2013, 11:21 AM
looks there will be a redraw or another bye in the state cup , medowie have folded from zone league 2. there will be no seniors playing at medowie at all.

Would imagine Mayfield ZPL will get a bye, and you guys only get to host 2 games?

shark attack
07-02-2013, 01:27 PM
Would imagine Mayfield ZPL will get a bye, and you guys only get to host 2 games?

lake mac have a buy 1st up i think , maybe they will put mayfield and lake mac together ????.

shark attack
07-02-2013, 01:46 PM

maybe only be hosting 2 games ???? but at least were not playing at 11.30pm lol.

sharky21
07-02-2013, 02:34 PM
lake mac have a buy 1st up i think , maybe they will put mayfield and lake mac together ????.Not sure that will happen. Wasn't the reason they had the two groups so nbn/newfm didn't play zone league teams. Possibly just have the two byes and then throw every one in together in round two.
But u never know what could happen.

demon
07-02-2013, 03:11 PM
lake mac have a buy 1st up i think , maybe they will put mayfield and lake mac together ????.

No byes will stand, the compeition was split to ensure come semi finals there was a guaranteed mix. Lake Mac are just lucky/unlucky depending on your outlook of the games. Not the first year byes have existed in the first few rounds.

pastor399
08-02-2013, 09:08 AM
have you not been to South America? i went to easily a dozen Copa Libertadores games that kicked off at 11pm and then of course finished close to 1am.........its how a good cup competition should be run. Was not always the best for fans as a lot of the stadiums are in the bad districts of a city, and walking around the barrios at 1am does not always work out so well for those with no local knowlage.

The Magician
11-02-2013, 12:48 AM
Would hope not, what a fantastic opportunity for one of Magic's favourite sons David Baillie, the over 180 game superstar to return home.

seldom
11-02-2013, 01:06 AM
Surely noone is complaining about the draw

Retro Jet
11-02-2013, 04:18 PM
Surely noone is complaining about the draw

I'm certainly not! At least we didn't draw ZPL competition...again!
Then again, nobody in ZPL did. Funny that....

Tin foil hat in storage at least until Round 2 :tongue:

LINGERA
11-02-2013, 04:40 PM
I cant see any upsets happening with that draw tbh. Maybe Suns can upset barnsley, unlikely tho. Had terrace drawn anyone but W.bay id have said they could have upset but doubt they can get on top of Wbay.

Predictions
State League
Belmont Swansea v Thornton Redbacks (LANDSLIDE)
Maitland v South Cardiff
Lake Macquarie v Bye

Interdistrict
Wallsend FC v Dungog
Morisset v Nelsons Bay
Mayfield z3 v Kotara South (LANDSLIDE)
Uni z2 v Dudley Redhead
Kahibah v Jesmond
Garden Suburb v Simba
Uni ZL v Kurri Kurri

WolfMan
11-02-2013, 09:53 PM
I cant see any upsets happening with that draw tbh. Maybe Suns can upset barnsley, unlikely tho. Had terrace drawn anyone but W.bay id have said they could have upset but doubt they can get on top of Wbay.

Predictions
Lake Macquarie v Bye

:gent:

demon
12-02-2013, 10:12 AM
Agree with most of Lingera's predictions except a few:

Valentine v west Wallsend - I think this one will be a close one between two young squads on the day with maybe extra time needed.
Lake Macquarie v Bye - based on last season and the two pre season sessions I have see this year I think the Bye could get an upset here.

Interdistrict
Bellbird Bombers v Muswellbrook - Muswellbrook
Wallsend FC v Dungog - this one could go either way I think. If what the club members are claiming Wallsend have more than half of a new 1st grade squad so might not yet be used to playing together.

Barnsley v Newcastle Suns - Suns will get this one I think.
Mayfield United v Medowie - this one could get out of hand if all the ex jaffas do indeed stay at Mayfield.

EH9
12-02-2013, 10:59 AM

Valentine v west Wallsend - I think this one will be a close one between two young squads on the day with maybe extra time needed.
Lake Macquarie v Bye - based on last season and the two pre season sessions I have see this year I think the Bye could get an upset here.

You involved with Lakes, Demon? They not added anything to their squad or just not sharp?

Who have Westy got in their squad to challenge an NBN team?

leftrightout
12-02-2013, 11:26 AM

Interdistrict
Wallsend FC v Dungog - this one could go either way I think. If what the club members are claiming Wallsend have more than half of a new 1st grade squad so might not yet be used to playing together.

Mayfield United v Medowie - this one could get out of hand if all the ex jaffas do indeed stay at Mayfield.

Any reason for the Suns to upset Barnsley? Have they picked up some more quality players?
Barnsley were very impressive last season and you would think they would only get stronger being promoted and all...

chocolate soldier
12-02-2013, 12:43 PM

Interdistrict

what do you mean the mayfield vs medowie game could get out of hand?? are the ex jaffas boys thugs and hackers???

Imyourhero
12-02-2013, 01:41 PM
I think he means the scoreline.

LINGERA
12-02-2013, 03:24 PM
if dungog beat wallsend... nud run

Youaskedforit
12-02-2013, 04:11 PM
if dungog beat wallsend... nud run

Toronto Awaba heading up there for an overnighter on the 25th May, mad bunch of bastards would be up for some nude runs, hinging on the result in ZL3....

Lofty
13-02-2013, 11:30 PM
Any reason for the Suns to upset Barnsley? Have they picked up some more quality players?
Barnsley were very impressive last season and you would think they would only get stronger being promoted and all...

Well first of all the Suns have had a quality squad for the past 5 seasons or so and that there was one win a piece last season with the suns convincingly winning 3-0 in their last outing, I wouldn't see it as an upset? Otherwise, I guess it's the underdogs against the bulldogs hey

demon
14-02-2013, 01:08 PM
These were just my thoughts guys, wasn't trying to offend any clubs.

Wallsend are trying to bed in some new players and for them I think that will take priority over the actual result because they have high goals for the comp this year. If Dungog get a goal (and one of Wallsend's short comings has been a lack of a solid reliable keeper) they may just be able to hold out any comeback.

Barnsley I don't think have lost a great number and the Suns may have gained or lost I'm not sure. I just think based on last season the Suns have it in them to beat them, being early in the season also Suns shouldn't have too many injuries, and everyone will be keen. This is just a game that could easily go Suns way on the day.

Lakes... lol, no not involved with them. They have had some player changes but I have seen a few training runs. What I find most surprising is for this late in the pre season (for a NBN League side) just how far away they seem to be from settling on players. If it is mid Feb and a coach can't tell a player if he is in his top 15/16 and a chance at first grade.... I can see a repeat of 2012 on the cards.

Westy and Valo... both relatively young sides, which I love seeing early in a season. I believe Westy have a few guys from around the central coast but couldn't tell you names or clubs sorry. What I will enjoy, from both clubs I think this season, is to see a few U19's (or guys young enough to be in U19's) getting a go at 1st grade I think. Bit like Suns and Barnsley, I think I lot of this one will depend on the first goal and Westy do seem to have a couple of guys that have range and distance in that area so they might be the ones to take an unexpected lead.

Mayfield V Medowie.... god no, bad choice of words on my part. I wouldn't expect it to be rough in any way, question is can the ex jaffas and remaining Mayfield guys get it together in time. If they do meld and hit their straps early I think it could become one of the higher scoring matches of Round 1. Thats if Mayfield's coach ever remembers football is played with a ball and therefore you are supposed to train with one not just do runs.

Of course the question no one ever knows until game day is ........ how seriously does each coach want to take it. For some it really is just another trial, others a chance to tinker etc, for others it is a real competitive situation and they pick their top 11 and have a thought out match plan.

In Solo Cup Magic were openly criticised for a round 1 game where the team was a majority U19's, a few years back Magic V Wallsend they started with Haynes, Bennis and Bailey all on the bench from memory and when they were not up 3-0 at half time they got a rocket of Messr Smith. Second half Haynes and Bennis go on, players are being serious and they win 7-0.... upsets have happened, and even now its seperate draws they will still happen. Good to see some debate about the results going on thou.

goaliepersempre
14-02-2013, 01:18 PM
Can confirm that last years Magic side in the first round against thornton was not a team majority made up of 19s

delo
14-02-2013, 01:53 PM
afternoon lingera
dont tell the mayfiled boys about the landslidethat, you may be in for a little surprise QUOTE=LINGERA;27804]I cant see any upsets happening with that draw tbh. Maybe Suns can upset barnsley, unlikely tho. Had terrace drawn anyone but W.bay id have said they could have upset but doubt they can get on top of Wbay.

Predictions
State League
Belmont Swansea v Thornton Redbacks (LANDSLIDE)
Maitland v South Cardiff
Lake Macquarie v Bye

Interdistrict
Wallsend FC v Dungog
Morisset v Nelsons Bay
Mayfield z3 v Kotara South (LANDSLIDE)
Uni z2 v Dudley Redhead
Kahibah v Jesmond
Garden Suburb v Simba
Uni ZL v Kurri Kurri[/QUOTE]

gny
19-02-2013, 12:45 PM
Anyone think there could be a few upsets or straight forward first round?

slobsy
19-02-2013, 01:48 PM
Mayfield V Medowie.... god no, bad choice of words on my part. I wouldn't expect it to be rough in any way, question is can the ex jaffas and remaining Mayfield guys get it together in time. If they do meld and hit their straps early I think it could become one of the higher scoring matches of Round 1. Thats if Mayfield's coach ever remembers football is played with a ball and therefore you are supposed to train with one not just do runs.

Am i just making this up or did I hear Medowie folded and this game has been canned?

boz-monaut
19-02-2013, 02:35 PM
post #69 on this thread says they folded

fner fner, 69, fner fner

sharky21
19-02-2013, 02:55 PM
Am i just making this up or did I hear Medowie folded and this game has been canned?
There was talk of them folding after some goings on at the club (I have no idea what about tho) but apparently they are going to be trying to put a team together. My club has a trial against them on the 3rd of next month. So can only hope they have made a final decision well before then.

Buddha
19-02-2013, 05:55 PM
I know most of the boys and the coach that were going to play for medowie but it fell thru and are now playing AA at the terrace, i do believe however, Medowie are trying to push the younger teams up and some all age to try and field a team this year, good on them if they do.

sharky21
19-02-2013, 10:08 PM
I know most of the boys and the coach that were going to play for medowie but it fell thru and are now playing AA at the terrace, i do believe however, Medowie are trying to push the younger teams up and some all age to try and field a team this year, good on them if they do.
I will be talking to a rep from Medowie tomorrow about our trial and hopefully find out a bit more of whether they staying in the comps. Hopefully they do would be a shame to see them fold.

sharky21
20-02-2013, 08:29 PM
Can confirm Medowie will field a team this year and will play there match in the state cup

Imyourhero
08-03-2013, 12:24 AM
What game will everyone be at this weekend??

Youaskedforit
08-03-2013, 07:47 AM
What game will everyone be at this weekend??

Toronto Awaba v Westlakes ( John Beguin Memorial ) " killacat day " ;)

Not state cup, but more at stake :))))

I hear the Westlakes boy may be calling it " slag a stag " day :)

ForeverRed
09-03-2013, 02:51 PM
Adamstown up on penalties over weston after 2 all finish

ForeverRed
09-03-2013, 05:18 PM
South Cardiff 2 nil winners over Maitland

EH9
10-03-2013, 04:22 PM
Edgy 3 - 0 Singo
Jaffas 6 - 0 Cessnock
Valentine 5 - 0 Westy

Outrageous having to pay money to see this comp.

Flint_tropics
10-03-2013, 04:51 PM
Magic 1 - 0 Toronto

namwob99
10-03-2013, 05:17 PM

Agreed, disgrace.

nbnjet
10-03-2013, 05:41 PM
Agreed, disgrace.

Why is it a disgrace? Don't you think the clubs need money to survive?

boz-monaut
10-03-2013, 05:47 PM
yeah why is this a disgrace?

shouldn't the club get something for all the time and effort that goes into hosting these games?

how much did it cost you? $5?

Bulldogs 1962
10-03-2013, 06:05 PM
Because they don't play full strength teams and then make all the money back and more from canteen and so forth. They share the ref bills with all teams so why should they charge

EH9
10-03-2013, 06:07 PM
Because you are paying to watch teams have a trial game and play at less than full strength. If everyone went out with their top teams then it would be a different kettle of fish.

boz-monaut
10-03-2013, 06:09 PM
because it still takes a crapload of effort to set up for the games, run the whole thing for a day and all the general ****ing around involved in a game day

canteens don't make as much money as you're probably assuming

so why shouldn't they charge?

EH9
10-03-2013, 06:11 PM
Well we should start to see us getting charged for trial games then and kids games.

prawnhead
10-03-2013, 06:15 PM
because it still takes a crapload of effort to set up for the games, run the whole thing for a day and all the general ****ing around involved in a game day

Agree boz

namwob99
10-03-2013, 06:21 PM
So we should pay money to go to see kurri id3's vs Raymond terrace id1's? Their volunteers work just as hard and also pay for grounds?

namwob99
10-03-2013, 06:23 PM
Running a whole days of u/6s takes a crapload of effort too. Charge money?

boz-monaut
10-03-2013, 06:36 PM
you run a club do you?

this $5 or so they were charging? too much for you is it?

stay home, whinge about it on the internet, call it a disc race, feel great about yourself from behind your keyboard, meanwhile the people who love the game and put in countless hours to run their clubs, pouring every dollar they earn back into the players, the ground, the equipment, they can go **** themselves the greedy cunce for daring to charge you a nominal entrance fee

namwob99
10-03-2013, 06:47 PM
you run a club do you?

this $5 or so they were charging? too much for you is it?

stay home, whinge about it on the internet, call it a disc race, feel great about yourself from behind your keyboard, meanwhile the people who love the game and put in countless hours to run their clubs, pouring every dollar they earn back into the players, the ground, the equipment, they can go **** themselves the greedy cunce for daring to charge you a nominal entrance fee

It's a forum where people have different opinions. But hey if someone has a differing opinion to you just shut the whole conversation down.

boz-monaut
10-03-2013, 07:02 PM
what?

how is this conversation shut down?

if you want to have a go at clubs charging a nominal fee for entry, defend your opinion

prawnhead
10-03-2013, 07:41 PM
what?

how is this conversation shut down?

if you want to have a go at clubs charging a nominal fee for entry, defend your opinion

+1

Bulldogs 1962
10-03-2013, 07:43 PM

Well as a matter a fact I've been on the committee of my club for the past 7 years so I do know exactly what it takes to run a club and I know exactly the sort of money made from canteens, so I feel my point is very valid that charging for these games is pretty poor

Hamma12
10-03-2013, 07:45 PM
Belswans won on pens....1-1 ft...

seldom
10-03-2013, 07:54 PM
Well as a matter a fact I've been on the committee of my club for the past 7 years so I do know exactly what it takes to run a club and I know exactly the sort of money made from canteens, so I feel my point is very valid that charging for these games is pretty poor

mate I agree. If you cant make some coin from canteen and bar your seriously undercharging.Most I know hate paying for this comp and keep having your opinion

The Magician
10-03-2013, 08:01 PM
Federation allows charging so clubs are just obliging. If its within the rules why shouldn't clubs charge entry. Some clubs don't have a multimillionaire on the committee or a hundred sponsors. So basically a club has 9-11 guaranteed functions (home games) to make enough money to support the club that season. If they can get an extra function in through the hosting of a State Cup round well good luck to them. Its just the luck of the draw.

There will always be the people who refuse to pay the $2 to park inside the ground but drive to the front gate feigning ignorance, the people who bring there own food and drink to games. Support your club/suburb and get to the game regardless, pay the charge and buy something from the canteen and stop complaining.

prawnhead
10-03-2013, 08:26 PM
Federation allows charging so clubs are just obliging. If its within the rules why shouldn't clubs charge entry. Some clubs don't have a multimillionaire on the committee or a hundred sponsors. So basically a club has 9-11 guaranteed functions (home games) to make enough money to support the club that season. If they can get an extra function in through the hosting of a State Cup round well good luck to them. Its just the luck of the draw.

There will always be the people who refuse to pay the $2 to park inside the ground but drive to the front gate feigning ignorance, the people who bring there own food and drink to games. Support your club/suburb and get to the game regardless, pay the charge and buy something from the canteen and stop complaining.

+ 1

Flint_tropics
10-03-2013, 08:34 PM
Does anybody know the olympic result ?

The Magician
10-03-2013, 09:05 PM
Heard lost 2-0... not confirmed 100% however... is the fed website updated yet?

hawk
10-03-2013, 10:10 PM
Federation allows charging so clubs are just obliging. If its within the rules why shouldn't clubs charge entry..
Is this for ground entry for all Id clubs this year?

The Magician
10-03-2013, 11:18 PM
will have to check with the competition rules for ID's... but i thought you could only charge $2 for 'car entry' in ID's fixtures? not sure if it changed when they brought in ZPL either.

Youaskedforit
11-03-2013, 12:54 PM
Heard both Scott and Dave both played for Toronto on sunday ?

Old Wise Man
11-03-2013, 08:09 PM
Heard both Scott and Dave both played for Toronto on sunday ?

Yep. Close to 80 years with them together, brings the average age of the squad up to 41?
Good to see they can still play at this level though at that age.

demon
12-03-2013, 01:57 PM

I don't have a problem. Clubs incur the costs to put the day on, they ask their volunteers to turn out and help and they are left to clean up afterwards so why shouldn't they get the CHOICE. And remember thats what it is, each club can chose to charge or not.

Some clubs now pay for ground marking so thats about $150 no one helps pay for alone.

Clubs need every cent they can raise, they arranged the venue for the entertainment and each club nominates 20 people to enter for free so if you were entertained its is hardly an expensive afternoon out.

supa
12-03-2013, 04:36 PM
yeah why is this a disgrace?

shouldn't the club get something for all the time and effort that goes into hosting these games?

how much did it cost you? $5?

agreed about the time and effort, however the same effort goes into each and every weekend fixture throughout the season yet you don't charge admission outside of the top two divisions in the federation. the state cup format was introduced to generate interest in the local game and a chance for clubs from different divisions to challenge themselves against more/less competitive opposition, not necessarily to raise revenue. i can assure you that the $5 admission fee wouldn't have remained in the pockets of many spectators enjoying a day out at the football.

boz-monaut
12-03-2013, 04:42 PM
well we are talking about teams from the top two divisions charging admission for the State Cup

hawk
12-03-2013, 08:11 PM
well we are talking about teams from the top two divisions charging admission for the State Cup

cups are serious business. If this shit was on tv I'd probably get sucked in to watch.:blush:

Ram Raider
13-03-2013, 12:20 AM
Just wondering if any other clubs having issues trying to organise a squad for Saturday's games with cricket semi's on this week.

Find it a bit of a joke that the federation didn't look into this before setting the dates. Can't see why games weren't set for the Sunday.

WolfMan
13-03-2013, 06:59 AM
Just wondering if any other clubs having issues trying to organise a squad for Saturday's games with cricket semi's on this week.

Find it a bit of a joke that the federation didn't look into this before setting the dates. Can't see why games weren't set for the Sunday.

I take your point, but Sunday wouldn't be much better as it is slated as a "backup" in the event Saturday is washed out etc.

leftrightout
13-03-2013, 07:48 AM
agreed about the time and effort, however the same effort goes into each and every weekend fixture throughout the season yet you don't charge admission outside of the top two divisions in the federation. the state cup format was introduced to generate interest in the local game and a chance for clubs from different divisions to challenge themselves against more/less competitive opposition, not necessarily to raise revenue. i can assure you that the $5 admission fee wouldn't have remained in the pockets of many spectators enjoying a day out at the football.

It was free to get into the semi finals in coffs, yet you pay 5 bucks to watch pheonix smash westy?
It seems a tad ridiculous...
As someone has already said, with a couple of games on at each venue and multiple clubs involved in the day, canteen sales would easily be enough.
I say open the doors and let an many people into local football as possible...

Zico
13-03-2013, 08:46 AM
It was free to get into the semi finals in coffs, yet you pay 5 bucks to watch pheonix smash westy?
It seems a tad ridiculous...
As someone has already said, with a couple of games on at each venue and multiple clubs involved in the day, canteen sales would easily be enough.
I say open the doors and let an many people into local football as possible...
If the Fed paid for the ref's and expenses the hosting club rack up, then fine open the gates but why should the hosting club have to work all day to make a loss? On another note, I find this comp as a being a joke at best. It's format is ridiculous and very few clubs in the top 2 leagues are interested in progressing due to injury risks and cost involved. Most clubs treat this as a trial game and hope to be out before the comp starts.

Nelson Bay Road
13-03-2013, 10:08 AM

I know the Bay will have a few missing because of this...

true waterboy
13-03-2013, 11:02 AM
If the Fed paid for the ref's and expenses the hosting club rack up, then fine open the gates but why should the hosting club have to work all day to make a loss? On another note, I find this comp as a being a joke at best. It's format is ridiculous and very few clubs in the top 2 leagues are interested in progressing due to injury risks and cost involved. Most clubs treat this as a trial game and hope to be out before the comp starts.

what expenses are the hosting clubs paying to make it a loss?
each team shares the cost of the refs so the only ref fees a club pays is half that of the game your club is playing.
the host club then gets the revenue from 3-4 games (all from different clubs ie more supporters) with canteen and alcohol etc, so infact they should make a much larger profit than a regular season fixture

Zico
13-03-2013, 11:08 AM
what expenses are the hosting clubs paying to make it a loss?
each team shares the cost of the refs so the only ref fees a club pays is half that of the game your club is playing.
the host club then gets the revenue from 3-4 games (all from different clubs ie more supporters) with canteen and alcohol etc, so infact they should make a much larger profit than a regular season fixture
3 to 4 games? I've only seen 2 played at each of the grounds I've been to for the State Cup.
It's the expenses of preparing the grounds, equipment, ammenities and if a night game the power for the lights. How much margine do you think is on food and drinks in the canteens? the crowd that attend the 2 matches wouldn't cover the costs through canteen alone.

true waterboy
13-03-2013, 11:16 AM
3 to 4 games? I've only seen 2 played at each of the grounds I've been to for the State Cup.
It's the expenses of preparing the grounds, equipment, ammenities and if a night game the power for the lights. How much margine do you think is on food and drinks in the canteens? the crowd that attend the 2 matches wouldn't cover the costs through canteen alone.
in interdisctrict comp 5 grounds have 3 games while 2 grounds have 2 fixtures
cannot see how a club is running it at a loss when they dont have to pay referees. grounds would be prepared for trials and upcoming comp (may need a touch up) and would have the necessary equipment already?

the game which i attended last year we were first game and our supporters stuck round till half way through 3rd game and i can say for sure the host club made alot of money in canteen sales with a massive number of supporters drinking. they would have made a very nice profit for the day

leftrightout
13-03-2013, 12:03 PM

If one match day without charging people will hurt your club, then they are in abit of trouble!
If there are all these costs for match days, how do interdistrict clubs survive? They all manage without charging every game, some extremely comfortably.

Zico
13-03-2013, 12:33 PM
If one match day without charging people will hurt your club, then they are in abit of trouble!
If there are all these costs for match days, how do interdistrict clubs survive? They all manage without charging every game, some extremely comfortably.
It's not my club, I was only putting a point of view across as to why the clubs would charge. Comparing ID clubs to State League and New FM clubs are like comparing chalk and cheese when it comes to finances.
If the opportunity arises to make some coin that will help the club then they should pounce on it and take whatever advantage they can.

leftrightout
13-03-2013, 01:06 PM
It's not my club, I was only putting a point of view across as to why the clubs would charge. Comparing ID clubs to State League and New FM clubs are like comparing chalk and cheese when it comes to finances.
If the opportunity arises to make some coin that will help the club then they should pounce on it and take whatever advantage they can.

Sorry i didnt mean "your club" as in you are involved... i meant it more in a general to everyone.

And i see your point about making money when you can, but i still feel state cup is abit much. I personally would not pay to watch most clubs u/23's run around!

supa
13-03-2013, 11:51 PM

i'm more than aware of what was being discussed, my point was effort remains the same from committee members/volunteers regardless of state cup or regular fixture through-out the season...personally i dont give a donkeys bollucks if clubs charge for admission to state cup however i do feel the football should be the main aspect of the day rather than the host clubs opportunity to generate revenue. as has been stated by others i totally agree if the canteen/bar don't make enough to make the day a success financially don't bother sticking your hand up to host, putting the nets up and marking the lines doesn't cost extra outside the regular season, chin up and be happy people are actually showing up to watch football.

EH9
14-03-2013, 10:19 AM

Your 2nd point is the exact reason that charging to get into the ground is wrong.

ManUTDSupporter
15-03-2013, 07:44 PM
Goodluck to all this weekend-my opinion for the matches:

Wallsend FC v Dungog
Morisset v Nelsons Bay
Mayfield z3 v Kotara South - (landslide)
Uni z2 v Dudley Redhead
Kahibah v Jesmond
Garden Suburb v Simba
Uni ZL v Kurri Kurri - (landslide)

namwob99
15-03-2013, 09:58 PM
Anyone charging to attend this weekend?

RANGER09
16-03-2013, 04:30 PM
W/Bay 4 Terrace 3 - good hit out by both teams, Terrace had ZL premiers under the pump early with a 2-0 lead but the bay fought back to take it to half time at 2-2. Good save from Bay keeper kept it level before half time. The heat was taking its toll on Both sides with a few missed opportunities but game was played in good spirit. Terrace took the lead again in second half but the Bay seemed to have the better of the second halve and soon levelled at 3-3. Bay took the game with a few minutes to go from we'll p laced shot.

Cabaye#4
16-03-2013, 05:02 PM
Anyone got other scores from today?

Retro Jet
16-03-2013, 05:08 PM
State Cup Rnd 1
Matches played today @ Athfield
11:30am Bellbird 0 v Muswellbrook 4
1pm Tenambit 0 v Cooks Hill (ZL3) 3
2:30pm M'wether Adv 0 v Cooks Hill (ZPL) 6

boz-monaut
16-03-2013, 05:31 PM
the Darby Street Derby was an incredibly one sided affair, as were all fixtures at the Athletics Field today

plus Cooks Hill United didn't charge and entry fee, which should make everyone on this godforsaken forum happy

ManUTDSupporter
16-03-2013, 08:03 PM
Wallsend 6or7 - 1 Dungog ... Dungog was a bit unlucky in the first 5 mins with an unfortunate deflection at speed off a shot then connecting with a dungog hand (pk). Then a shot from the edge of the 18 deflected to a wallsend players feet with no pressure and he slotted. Wallsend had all the game except probably a period of 10-15 mins before HT when dungog scored to make it 3-1 and missed a simple 1v1 and actually was playing very well. Other then that i can say wallsend will be top 4 in ZL1 and they were a well structured team who scored some nice goals second half.
First trial for for us and we had two second graders in, with a second grader bench, few of our regular 1sts away. So the coach was definitely happy with our boys and with our decision not to have as many trials as most, i believe will pay off come round 1 with fresher legs but plenty of fitness under our belt by then.

thanks to gardo for the day

Nelson Bay Road
17-03-2013, 11:03 AM
Nelson bay defeated Morisset 3-1... Wasn't there so no report on the match

Shere Khan
17-03-2013, 01:12 PM
Cardiff City beat Toronto Junior 2-0. First real hit out for our boys this year so it was pretty much a matter of blowing the cobwebs out. Two good finishes in either half. Last tackle of the game seen a young bloke from Toronto go down with what looked like a nasty knee injury. Certainly hope he's ok.
Believe Warners Bay beat Raymond Terrace 4-3 but only seen bits and pieces.

sharky21
17-03-2013, 02:48 PM
Dudley just beat Uni ZL2 on penaltys can't comment on match as I only saw last ten of extra time.

Zico
17-03-2013, 03:17 PM
Dudley just beat Uni ZL2 on penaltys can't comment on match as I only saw last ten of extra time.
Last weeks matches saw it go straight to penalties. 2 different rules in the same comp.

sharky21
17-03-2013, 03:55 PM
Last weeks matches saw it go straight to penalties. 2 different rules in the same comp.
Sorry could have done that I just assumed it was extra time. as I said only saw last ten.

sharky21
17-03-2013, 04:26 PM
Uni ZPL Beat kurri ZL3 10-0 From what I am lead to believe this was Kurris first game this year.

true waterboy
17-03-2013, 06:07 PM
Stockton 1 westlakes 0
Westlakes didn't look like they wanted the win. IMO some players were lucky not to be carded during the game
The wind at Stockton made it a really scrappy game. First 25 minutes Stockton weren't able to get the ball out of their own half but finished the half strongly. Second half was pretty even.
Telling tale was the fact that neither keeper had to make a save during the entire game.
Sadly westlakes defender gave a stupid penalty away in last 2 minutes to give them the match.

shark attack
17-03-2013, 07:29 PM
well done true waterboy , got it just about right , both sides found it hard with the wind , both sides can be very happy with there defence as the score board showed , stockton also had one come of the crossbar mid way through the second 1/2.
other results on the day
mayfield zpl 7 - medowie 1
kotara 3 - mayfield juniors 2 , mayfield led 1-0 , the winner for kotara was an ogie from mayfield.

Stockton 1 westlakes 0
Westlakes didn't look like they wanted the win. IMO some players were lucky not to be carded during the game
The wind at Stockton made it a really scrappy game. First 25 minutes Stockton weren't able to get the ball out of their own half but finished the half strongly. Second half was pretty even.
Telling tale was the fact that neither keeper had to make a save during the entire game.
Sadly westlakes defender gave a stupid penalty away in last 2 minutes to give them the match.

oneeye
17-03-2013, 07:47 PM
Just a couple missing anyone got these results?

Bellbird Bombers v Muswellbrook 0-4
Westlakes Widcats v Stockton Shark 0-1
Wallsend FC v Dungog 6-1
Cardiff City v Toronto Awaba 2-0
Morisset v Nelsons Bay 1-3
Warners Bay v Raymond Terrace 4-3
Mayfield z3 v Kotara South 2-3
Uni z2 v Dudley Redhead Penalties
Kahibah v Jesmond
Garden Suburb v Simba
Tenambit Sharks V Cooks Hill Z3 0-3
Mayfield United v Medowie 7-1
Merewether Advance v Cooks Hill United ZPL 0-6
Uni ZL v Kurri Kurri - 10-0

pastor399
17-03-2013, 09:19 PM
Just a couple missing anyone got these results?

Bellbird Bombers v Muswellbrook 0-4
Westlakes Widcats v Stockton Shark 0-1
Wallsend FC v Dungog 6-1
Cardiff City v Toronto Awaba 2-0
Morisset v Nelsons Bay 1-3
Warners Bay v Raymond Terrace 4-3
Mayfield z3 v Kotara South 2-3
Kahibah v Jesmond
Garden Suburb v Simba
Tenambit Sharks V Cooks Hill Z3 0-3
Mayfield United v Medowie 7-1
Merewether Advance v Cooks Hill United ZPL 0-6
Uni ZL v Kurri Kurri - 10-0

Kahibah v Jesmond (not sure of the score)

pastor399
17-03-2013, 09:24 PM
Sorry could have done that I just assumed it was extra time. as I said only saw last ten.
It wen't straight to pens, had mine saved, even though it was slotted perfectly....next time i smash it :D

Uni ZPL Beat kurri ZL3 10-0 From what I am lead to believe this was Kurris first game this year.
It was the first 'Official' game for both University teams as-well, been training lots but, the first games of the season.....

ForeverRed
17-03-2013, 09:24 PM
Kahibah v Jesmond (not sure of the score)
Suburbs won

sharky21
17-03-2013, 10:33 PM
It wen't straight to pens, had mine saved, even though it was slotted perfectly....next time i smash it :D

It was the first 'Official' game for both University teams as-well, been training lots but, the first games of the season.....Ah urs must have been the one keepers bottom left. good pen unlucky the keeper pulled out a good save to match.
The ZPL team look well drilled and should do well in their comp. Kurri have only had four training sessions as the have only just appointed there new coach. So was always going to be a tall order to challenge in this game.

Nelson Bay Road
18-03-2013, 10:53 AM
Any idea of when the draw is issued for the next round?

supa
18-03-2013, 12:29 PM
Any idea of when the draw is issued for the next round?
some time after next weekend when the rest of round one is played

delo
18-03-2013, 01:46 PM
Goodluck to all this weekend-my opinion for the matches:

Wallsend FC v Dungog
Morisset v Nelsons Bay
Mayfield z3 v Kotara South - (landslide)
Uni z2 v Dudley Redhead
Kahibah v Jesmond
Garden Suburb v Simba
Uni ZL v Kurri Kurri - (landslide)

love to know who wrote 'landlside' for the Mayfield z3 v Kotara South game
whilst kotara showed to be a quality side who will definitely do well this yeargroup of new players to boot
well done to both teams

leftrightout
18-03-2013, 01:52 PM

Interesting result... Did Dudley play full strength?
If so, great effort by uni... well even if not still a great effort by uni!

delo
18-03-2013, 01:57 PM
whilst kotara showed to be a quality side who will definitely do well this year Mayfield filelded a new side with of new players
so well done to both teams

boz-monaut
18-03-2013, 03:38 PM
you don't really have to say it twice though

but still, some quite funny predictions in that lot there, particularly for the Darby St Derby

ManUTDSupporter
18-03-2013, 07:39 PM
whilst kotara showed to be a quality side who will definitely do well this year Mayfield filelded a new side with of new players

haha, that would be me and a couple others earlier on in this feed. Can only base predictions on last year matey. sorry couldn't see the future, but i suppose all those mayfield trials i've watched i should of seen it coming :dry:.
didnt go to bad in the others, only ones i got wrong i know nothing about. except terrace who i thought might sneak home and thought westlakes may just hold out a strong stockton side.

ManUTDSupporter
18-03-2013, 07:48 PM

UNI were by far the best structured team in ZL3 last year. They really only needed a couple good finds to be strong in ZL2 this year.

cobra23
19-03-2013, 08:38 AM
Can someone please explain the divisions to me..
What is the highest level to the lowest level..
So you would start with NBN STATE LEAGUE then 2HD LEAGUE, then im pretty much lost ????

Youaskedforit
19-03-2013, 08:47 AM
Can someone please explain the divisions to me..
What is the highest level to the lowest level..
So you would start with NBN STATE LEAGUE then 2HD LEAGUE, then im pretty much lost ????

NBN
Newfm
Zone Premier league ( ZPL )
Zone League 1 ( ZL1 )
ZL2
ZL3

Dont know what was a matter with 1st, 2nd , 3RD , 4TH , 5th , 6th Division except for naming rights of course.

boz-monaut
19-03-2013, 09:01 AM
NBN and NEW FM are run by the State Federation, Zone competitions are run by the local zones

cobra23
19-03-2013, 11:24 AM
Cheers fellas,
Now i can sleep well tonight :grin:

pastor399
19-03-2013, 11:24 AM

Having played ZPL Reserve Grade last year i can say it was pretty much Dudley's Reserve Grade that lined up against us on the weekend, maybe a couple of 1st Graders or new players but they were pretty famaliar to last season. It might be noted that we were missing 4 or 5 players who would normally start 1st Grade a couple changing from ZPL to ZL2 and also some quality imports, should be in the mix for top 4 atleast..........

shark attack
19-03-2013, 12:13 PM

hi guys , its been a long time since i have played against kotara , im sure it wasnt kotaras 1st grade side , maybe a few of them played but if it was then ????? , mayfield have improved big time could off been up 2 - 0 , kotara also missed a lot chances. also same conditions very windy did help to play football.

leftrightout
19-03-2013, 12:25 PM
Having played ZPL Reserve Grade last year i can say it was pretty much Dudley's Reserve Grade that lined up against us on the weekend, maybe a couple of 1st Graders or new players but they were pretty famaliar to last season. It might be noted that we were missing 4 or 5 players who would normally start 1st Grade a couple changing from ZPL to ZL2 and also some quality imports, should be in the mix for top 4 atleast..........

That is interesting, since i posted that i have been told that Dudley also played a trial against Barnsley on sunday, fielding there reserve grade team. Barnsley won 5-1.

They might have had a bit of mix going in each match.

As i said before, regardless of dudleys team, its still a decent effort for ZL2 team!
Great stuff!

pastor399
19-03-2013, 12:54 PM
That is interesting, since i posted that i have been told that Dudley also played a trial against Barnsley on sunday, fielding there reserve grade team. Barnsley won 5-1.

They might have had a bit of mix going in each match.

As i said before, regardless of dudleys team, its still a decent effort for ZL2 team!
Great stuff!

I think either way you look at it, its posotive for both Uni and Barnsley and rather troubling for Dudley...

leftrightout
19-03-2013, 01:43 PM
I think either way you look at it, its posotive for both Uni and Barnsley and rather troubling for Dudley...

True!

LINGERA
19-03-2013, 03:38 PM
full strength Kotara 1st grade will beat any ZL2/ZL3 team convincingly assuming they keep the core of their players as they have done for many years. Nesbit park is one of the hardest grounds to travel to in all competitions. please stop taking so much out of these preseason trials with up to or exceeding 5 first grade players.

ManUTDSupporter
19-03-2013, 07:45 PM
http://www.sportingpulse.com/comp_info.cgi?client=1-2398-0-252285-0&pool=2&action=FIXTURE&round=0

Results

oneeye
24-03-2013, 03:11 PM
New lambton 2-0 CCB ZL2
Swansea 4-0 Belmont

boz-monaut
24-03-2013, 06:12 PM
anyone got word on the remaining three fixtures from Pasadena?

Cabaye#4
24-03-2013, 06:17 PM
Bero ZL3 beat Olympic ZL2 6-1 (or 6-0)
That's all ive heard.

sharky21
24-03-2013, 06:17 PM
anyone got word on the remaining three fixtures from Pasadena?
Apparently Barnsley got up so did Bero ZL3 scores were big but dnt know exact. and havnt heard of other one yet.

sharky21
24-03-2013, 06:24 PM
Bero ZL1 out too just heard

boz-monaut
24-03-2013, 06:36 PM
ok so the preliminary, based on dodgy forum here say, preliminary list of teams through to the second round of the Interdistrict Southern pool is:

Barnsley United SSC
Beresfield FC (ZL3)
Cardiff City FC
Cooks Hill Utd FC (ZL3)
Cooks Hill Utd FC (ZPL)
Dudley-Redhead Utd Sen SC
Garden Suburb FC
Kahibah FC
Kotara South Sen. SC
Mayfield Utd Sen. FC (ZPL)
Muswellbrook FC
Nelson Bay FC
New Lambton Eagles FC
Newcastle University Men's FC (ZPL)
Plattsburg/Maryland FC
Stockton Sharks FC
Swansea FC
Wallsend FC

supa
24-03-2013, 06:54 PM
ok so the preliminary, based on dodgy forum here say, preliminary list of teams through to the second round of the Interdistrict Southern pool is:

Barnsley United SSC
Beresfield Utd SC (ZL3)
Cardiff City FC
Cooks Hill Utd FC (ZL3)
Cooks Hill Utd FC (ZPL)
Garden Suburb FC
Kahibah FC
Kotara South Sen. SC
Muswellbrook FC
Nelson Bay FC
New Lambton Eagles FC
Plattsburg/Maryland FC
Stockton Sharks FC
Swansea FC
Wallsend FC

Results from Pasadena are...
Barnsley 5 suns 3
Beresfield FC 6 Olympic 1
Plattsburg 3 Beresfield united 0

Great day of football.

oneeye
24-03-2013, 07:11 PM

Barnsley United SSC
Beresfield Utd SC (ZL3)
Cardiff City FC
Cooks Hill Utd FC (ZL3)
Cooks Hill Utd FC (ZPL)
Garden Suburb FC
Kahibah FC
Kotara South Sen. SC
Muswellbrook FC
Nelson Bay FC
New Lambton Eagles FC
Plattsburg/Maryland FC
Stockton Sharks FC
Swansea FC
Wallsend FC

Shows how competitive ZPL will be this year with all teams qualifying .

ManUTDSupporter
24-03-2013, 07:25 PM
Bero ZL3 beat Olympic ZL2 6-1 (or 6-0)
That's all ive heard.

What happened with Olympic here? i actually thought Bero ZL3 was playing platsy, but obviously not. good win by bero

Neally
24-03-2013, 07:32 PM

Barnsley United SSC
Beresfield Utd SC (ZL3)
Cardiff City FC
Cooks Hill Utd FC (ZL3)
Cooks Hill Utd FC (ZPL)
Garden Suburb FC
Kahibah FC
Kotara South Sen. SC
Muswellbrook FC
Nelson Bay FC
New Lambton Eagles FC
Plattsburg/Maryland FC
Stockton Sharks FC
Swansea FC
Wallsend FC

Just for future reference it's Beresfield FC, not to be confused with Beresfield United SSC

boz-monaut
24-03-2013, 07:46 PM
thanks, I've adjusted the post

I did attempt to avoid this sort of thing by doing a cut and paste the names of the clubs from the sporting pulse website - http://www.sportingpulse.com/comp_info.cgi?client=1-2398-0-252285-0&pool=2&action=FIXTURE&round=0 - it does show both as Beresfield Utd SC

RANGER09
24-03-2013, 08:23 PM

Barnsley United SSC
Beresfield FC (ZL3)
Cardiff City FC
Cooks Hill Utd FC (ZL3)
Cooks Hill Utd FC (ZPL)
Garden Suburb FC
Kahibah FC
Kotara South Sen. SC
Muswellbrook FC
Nelson Bay FC
New Lambton Eagles FC
Plattsburg/Maryland FC
Stockton Sharks FC
Swansea FC
Wallsend FC

Warners Bay missing

boz-monaut
24-03-2013, 08:26 PM
revised Southern Interdistrict list (mostly due to my ****-ups, mostly)

Barnsley United SSC
Beresfield FC (ZL3)
Cardiff City FC
Cooks Hill Utd FC (ZL3)
Cooks Hill Utd FC (ZPL)
Garden Suburb FC
Kahibah FC
Kotara South Sen. SC
Muswellbrook FC
Nelson Bay FC
New Lambton Eagles FC
Plattsburg/Maryland FC
Stockton Sharks FC
Swansea FC
Wallsend FC
Warners Bay

Premy
25-03-2013, 01:13 AM
How dose 19 teams go down to 1

8 games 1bye
9 teams left

4 games 1bye
5 teams left

2 games 1bye
3 teams left

1 game 1bye
2 teams left

1 game
1 team left

Is that correct

namwob99
25-03-2013, 07:00 AM
http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-2398-0-0-0

dingdong
25-03-2013, 07:48 AM
What happened with Olympic here? i actually thought Bero ZL3 was playing platsy, but obviously not. good win by bero

olympic were very very ordinary today, capped off by a terrible performance from myself- own goal and twice tackled with the ball in defence leading to goals. Safe to say not the best game I've ever played but Bero were very good and certainly deserved the win. full credit to them.

namwob99
25-03-2013, 09:19 AM
olympic were very very ordinary today, capped off by a terrible performance from myself- own goal and twice tackled with the ball in defence leading to goals. Safe to say not the best game I've ever played but Bero were very good and certainly deserved the win. full credit to them.
Agree with all of the above. Was happy with the result especially it being our first ever competitive run out, but also still plenty of things to work on.

oneeye
25-03-2013, 10:03 AM
Anyone got the odds on the random draw to be
1 ZPL team Bye
9 ZPL teams v lower division teams

boz-monaut
25-03-2013, 10:06 AM
it certainly didn't work out that way last season - Cooks Hill ZPL had four other ZPL teams in their games, Barnsley had Z2 or lower all the way until Coffs Harbour

I can't remember the exact details but I'd calculated the odds of our draw being as hard as it was as 6.25% - which isn't impossible, just highly unlikely from a random draw

leftrightout
25-03-2013, 11:11 AM
it certainly didn't work out that way last season - Cooks Hill ZPL had four other ZPL teams in their games, Barnsley had Z2 or lower all the way until Coffs Harbour

I can't remember the exact details but I'd calculated the odds of our draw being as hard as it was as 6.25% - which isn't impossible, just highly unlikely from a random draw

Barnsley played 3 teams from their own league in their run. Still a lucky draw but Not quite all ZL2 or lower

Bon
25-03-2013, 11:14 AM
Barnsley played 3 teams from their own league in their run. Still a lucky draw but Not quite all ZL2 or lower

Yeah thats right!!!
They just nudged us out (Gardo) in a penalty shootout to get to Coffs Harbour.. haha..

sharky21
25-03-2013, 12:03 PM
Barnsley knocked us (Tenambit) out in round one last year and we were ZL1 along with them.

Butt
25-03-2013, 01:22 PM
Yeah thats right!!!
They just nudged us out (Gardo) in a penalty shootout to get to Coffs Harbour.. haha..

Bon, I hope there are no hard feelings!!!

Bon
25-03-2013, 01:41 PM
Bon, I hope there are no hard feelings!!!

Hahaha.. No, not at all!!!
Barno could gladly have the trip to Coffs in exchange for us having the GF win.. :lol:

cobra23
25-03-2013, 02:03 PM
:lulz:

pagey85
25-03-2013, 03:58 PM
Hahaha.. No, not at all!!!
Barno could gladly have the trip to Coffs in exchange for us having the GF win.. :lol:

I think Butts may have won himself 'wally of the week' for trying to have a go at you Bon.
maybe he forgot we lost the GF

Bon
25-03-2013, 04:02 PM
I think Butts may have won himself 'wally of the week' for trying to have a go at you Bon.
maybe he forgot we lost the GF

I wouldn't put it past him.. haha.. Butts and I have played against each other for a looooong time, going back to the old Barno Vs Mo-town days..
Good to see he likes a bit of a banter on the internet as much as he does on the field! :pissup:

Butt
26-03-2013, 07:57 AM
I wouldn't put it past him.. haha.. Butts and I have played against each other for a looooong time, going back to the old Barno Vs Mo-town days..
Good to see he likes a bit of a banter on the internet as much as he does on the field! :pissup:

HAHA, you love it Bon!! Its a pitty we dont get to do it on the field this year...Maybe we will meet in the state cup!!

Youaskedforit
26-03-2013, 08:34 AM
HAHA, you love it Bon!! Its a pitty we dont get to do it on the field this year...Maybe we will meet in the state cup!!

Just dont get in his face mate, unless your 6ft 10 ;)

namwob99
26-03-2013, 12:48 PM
Next round draw is on NNSW's Facebook.

mefa1984
26-03-2013, 12:58 PM
Next round draw is on NNSW's Facebook.

What's the name of that group? Can't find it on facebook

Cheers

pv4
26-03-2013, 01:07 PM
warners bay fc v beresfield fc
cooks hill united v garden suburbs
kahibah fc v dudley-redhead
stockton sharks v kotara-south
plattsburg-maryland v nelson bay
cardiff city v wallsend
cooks hill united (zpl) v muswellbrook fc
new lambton eagles v newcastle university
barnsley united v mayfield
swansea v BYE

south cardiff v lake macquarie city
adamstown rosebuds v edgeworth eagles
charlestown city blues v broadmeadow magic fc
valentine fc v belmont-swansea united
lambton jaffas v BYE

namwob99
26-03-2013, 01:32 PM
Grounds are up. http://www.sportingpulse.com/comp_info.cgi?a=ROUND&round=5&c=1-2398-0-252285-0&pool=2

leftrightout
03-04-2013, 12:17 PM
Is this weather likely to wash any games out?

ForeverRed
03-04-2013, 12:44 PM
Suburbs is out

mussfc
03-04-2013, 01:23 PM

Mayfield Park is out

namwob99
03-04-2013, 02:35 PM
Games at Beresfield are off!!

ForeverRed
03-04-2013, 03:02 PM
South Cardiff is out

ForeverRed
03-04-2013, 03:35 PM
poorly organised by NNSWF, with the NBN competition to start this weekend not many clubs would want to risk their players or grounds 4 days out from the competition starting.

Fridge
03-04-2013, 04:22 PM
Suburbs off

frankiechav
03-04-2013, 05:42 PM
The games at Blacksmiths are still on Charlestown v Magic and Belswans v Valentine.

The Magician
03-04-2013, 08:25 PM
Magic 3-2 Victors!!!

Buddha
03-04-2013, 08:25 PM
I hope Kotara have long sleeves cause its gonna be a cool one down at Corroba with the Corroba Doctor blowing, i do recall Lingera saying they will beat any ZL2/ZL3 team convincingly, i hope he's ready to eat his words!!!!

magician
03-04-2013, 08:52 PM
Magic 3-2 Victors!!!

Didn't deserve the win, clear goal for Azzurri and both magic keepers pulled off quality saves. Refereeing was poor

Premy
03-04-2013, 09:30 PM
Results???

Buddha
03-04-2013, 09:31 PM
Stockton Kotara finished 2-2, into PKs now, will post when i find out final result

The Magician
03-04-2013, 09:55 PM
Didn't deserve the win, clear goal for Azzurri and both magic keepers pulled off quality saves. Refereeing was poor

Charlestown were awarded a very soft penalty too from all reports...

Buddha
03-04-2013, 10:00 PM
Kotara 6-5 on pens. Rude awakening for Kotara boys who probably expected a walk over this match. Lingera you were saying about convincingly beating any ZL3 side????

prawnhead
03-04-2013, 10:03 PM
Magic 3-2 Victors!!!

Watched this game tonight. Both sides had a few out but based on what I saw (and bearing in mind only a few days out from comp starting) I think one way or the other, the Herald may be out with their predictions today. I thought Charlestown were unlucky.

Nelson Bay Road
04-04-2013, 08:10 AM
Nelson bay went down 2-1 against Plattsburg

LINGERA
04-04-2013, 08:39 AM
clearly preseason results have no reflection on anything.

ForeverRed
04-04-2013, 10:02 AM
Bel swans v phoenix result

pastor399
04-04-2013, 10:45 AM
clearly preseason results have no reflection on anything.

its not like they are going to get any chances to prove you right outside of the State Cup, so how can you argue that?

oneeye
04-04-2013, 12:22 PM
Dudley 6 kahibah 0
Wallsend 2 Cardiff City 1

shark attack
04-04-2013, 02:25 PM
talk about dumb arse refs , we played kotara last night , we wore blue and red mostly blue , kotara as everyone knows are orange and black , the ref in the middle wore black shorts and an orange shirt , when we ask the ref could he change his shirt so he didnt look like one of the kotara guys , there coment was we are happy with what we are wearing ????? , we deffently werent.

cobra23
04-04-2013, 03:48 PM
Watched this game tonight. Both sides had a few out but based on what I saw (and bearing in mind only a few days out from comp starting) I think one way or the other, the Herald may be out with their predictions today. I thought Charlestown were unlucky.

From what i saw magic had 4-5 players out and charlestown had 1-2, i still think that prediction might be very close.
You have to remember they play 35 minute halves, plus it was a night game. on a better pitch and playing a 90 - 95 minute game, i think azzurri would have been touched up big time. especially if both teams were at full strength.

Flint_tropics
04-04-2013, 04:24 PM
Bel swans v phoenix result

Phoenix 3 - 1 belswans

ForeverRed
04-04-2013, 04:46 PM
Phoenix 3 - 1 belswans

thanks

outsider
04-04-2013, 05:22 PM
talk about dumb arse refs , we played kotara last night , we wore blue and red mostly blue , kotara as everyone knows are orange and black , the ref in the middle wore black shorts and an orange shirt , when we ask the ref could he change his shirt so he didnt look like one of the kotara guys , there coment was we are happy with what we are wearing ????? , we deffently werent.

should have made kotara change

Retro Jet
04-04-2013, 08:23 PM

I reckon you could take that issue somewhere Sharkie...
Maybe try to email Otto C about it if you are concerned with the attitude.
Kotara AND Refs in orange? That's just nuts.

KSSFC
04-04-2013, 08:50 PM
I reckon you could take that issue somewhere Sharkie...
Maybe try to email Otto C about it if you are concerned with the attitude.
Kotara AND Refs in orange? That's just nuts.

Kotara have a black and orange striped shirt. There is a fair bit of black on it. The ref wore a bright pink/red shirt, didnt look close to the kotara colour.

rolo
04-04-2013, 11:26 PM
didnt look close? are you kidding. the ref had a bright red shirt a few shades away from orange. yes it was red but it was very close to the orange of kotara. nowhere near pink as football refs dont wear pink shirts like nrl refs.
and if it wasnt so close howcome all of the stocko team that was on the field thought he was kotara player and most of the kotara team, at a quick glance thought he was one of theirs. obviously you were on the sideline cause when youre on the field and you are making split second decisions and all youre looking for out of the corner of your eye is a colour or at least a shade close to it. an red shirt looks orange. which is what had most players on the field confused.
the attitude was bad from both referee and linesman when approached about this and quickly dismissed as 'we think its ok',
which is made even more outraegous when prior to kick off, our reserve goalkeeper warming up in an all yellow strip was told to change his shirt as it was 'too close' to the kotara orange strip. you tell me if that makes sense!?!?!

pv4
05-04-2013, 07:34 AM
ffs kit clashes grind my gears so much.

back in the day i was walking past a local league afl game on the way to watching the mrs play netball, and i managed to see the end of one game and the start of the next. in the first game it was a blue team vs a yellow team, the refs wore orange shirts, grey (with orange trim) shorts & orange socks. the next game came out and one team was blue, the other team was orange. the refs went into their little change room and came out wearing all grey.

for starters - why aren't our referees this organised?

secondly - why don't refs have fully grey outfits? barely any teams actually wear grey - they're near guarenteed to never clash. pretty sure champs league refs do, or used to, wear all grey. the only people i recall wearing grey in newcastle are keepers - i reckon if refs basically always wore grey it would be such less of a hassle.

also in regards to the stockton/kotara game - pretty sure you're allowed to refuse to play if the ref clashes. he needs to go get a green bib or something. i was under the impression they all had to bring at least two different coloured shirts to all games - i would have been fuming if i was you guys.

reserveGK22
05-04-2013, 08:01 AM
http://refsworld.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/w/6/w65155_f_photography_3d-torso-for-web.jpg

is this the 'orange' shirt in question?

namwob99
05-04-2013, 08:15 AM
Maybe somebody should start a referee thread?
Anyone got any news on the rescheduling of washed out games?

cobra23
05-04-2013, 09:34 AM
http://refsworld.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/w/6/w65155_f_photography_3d-torso-for-web.jpg

is this the 'orange' shirt in question?

Orange and that coloured red would look pretty close during a night game...